[Return]
Archived thread

File 127086067119.png - (28.24KB , 818x593 , 074.png ) [iqdb]
116247 No. 116247
Nnn... I don't wanna go to school...

Chapter 3 - Night Bird

>> No. 116249
[x] Go fish.
>> No. 116250
feign sleep. wait for someone to come and scare the hell out of her
>> No. 116251
[f] Contemplate string theory. Then give up and face the morning.
>> No. 116252
[X] Good morning starshine, the Earth says "hello!"
>> No. 116255
[X] Good morning starshine, the Earth says "hello!"
For maximum effect, hear it in Leonard Nemoy's voice.
>> No. 116256
[X] MASTER SPARK!!!
>> No. 116257
File 127086364395.gif - (10.07KB , 813x590 , 075.gif ) [iqdb]
116257
>>116251
>>116252
>>116255
>Face the morning.

Mm... No...! 5 more minutes...
>> No. 116258
File 127086367484.gif - (10.42KB , 813x589 , 076.gif ) [iqdb]
116258
...Wait... this isn't my bed.
>> No. 116259
[X] Check on beerspider ASAP.
>> No. 116260
File 127086375629.gif - (10.80KB , 801x570 , 077.gif ) [iqdb]
116260
And this isn't my room!


...Maaaaan. I was kinda hoping it was just one somewhat elaborate dream...
>> No. 116261
[X] Find Clothes
>> No. 116262
[x] Open the Window for some fresh air. Do some morning exercises. Naked of course.
>> No. 116263
File 127086544547.gif - (11.63KB , 804x575 , 079.gif ) [iqdb]
116263
>>116261
>Find clothes
Clothes found. My shirt still has some snake blood on it from Sanae... Ah, it's just occurred to me that this collared shirt and these jeans are probably going to be the only things I'll be wearing for a while. Unless I decide to borrow some of Reimu's, I guess.

>>116259
>Check on beerspider ASAP
Alive and kickin'. Where would I be without you, beerspider?

...Probably exactly where I am right now. Oh well, what's a guy gonna
>> No. 116264
File 12708654708.gif - (19.04KB , 801x582 , 080.gif ) [iqdb]
116264
do?
>> No. 116266
[X]Clearly, you should look out the window.
-[X]Allllwaaaayys~ I want to be with you~ I want to make believe with you~
>> No. 116267
[X] PANIC!
>> No. 116268
File 127086662716.gif - (16.52KB , 801x576 , 081.gif ) [iqdb]
116268
>>116266
>Clearly, you should look out the window.
Clearly.

It's pretty similar to some crazy light show that you'd see at a fair or carnival. The lights are coloured like a rainbow and it has tons of stars and other miscellaneous objects flying around it. The way it's shaking the ground, though, is kinda scary... I wonder if it's dangerous. Then again, I wonder what it's doing here in the first place, or where it's coming from.


...and live in harmony, harmony,

OH LOVE~
>> No. 116269
[X] Go out the door, if there is one.
>> No. 116270
File 127086719072.gif - (15.56KB , 800x583 , 082.gif ) [iqdb]
116270
>>116267
>PANIC!
But I don't want to miss the show! The lights start to fade and the stars and hearts eventually do as well. I can start to make out a figure behind it all.

It... looks like Reimu. She's holding some sort of box.
>> No. 116271
File 12708672259.gif - (4.95KB , 400x574 , 083.gif ) [iqdb]
116271
>>116269
Alright, I've left the room. Where to now?
>> No. 116272
[X] Head outside to further investigate the magical rainbow of dreams.
[X] ...preferably through the door, not the window.
>> No. 116273
[X] Outside!
[X] Ask Reimu what the hell's going on?
>> No. 116274
[x]Investigate
>> No. 116275
[x] Equip the LOTUS to your weapon slot.
>> No. 116276
File 127086898638.gif - (11.45KB , 747x456 , 084.gif ) [iqdb]
116276
>>116275
You equip your Lotus.

The grip is cold against your palm. This is your only friend in the world right now. It's gonna be a long night.

...Err, I mean day.
>> No. 116277
File 127086901316.gif - (12.00KB , 802x582 , 085.gif ) [iqdb]
116277
Anyways, I meet Reimu outside.

"Yo," I say, casually.
"Oh, did I wake you up?" She asks, lowering the box-thing. "Oops." She puts whatever she was holding away. Silence follows.
>> No. 116279
[x] "Nice show; how did you do that?"
>> No. 116283
[X] Apologize if you seemed a bit...paranoid...last night. Rough day, and all.
>> No. 116284
>>116276
Awesome.

[X] "What's with the box-thing there?"
>> No. 116288
[x] "Just a little. You work a concert venue or something?"

>>116276
I laughed like a maniac.
>> No. 116298
[x] "Just a little. You work a concert venue or something?"
Awesome, it's back!
>> No. 116301
>>116276
I love you.

[X] "Just a little. You work a concert venue or something?"
[X] "Have you had breakfast yet?"
>> No. 116315
This is fucking good. And funny. And the art is adorable.

[X] "Just a little. You work a concert venue or something?"
[X] "Have you had breakfast yet?"
>> No. 116316
[Q] "Just a little. You work a concert venue or something?"
[Q] "Have you had breakfast yet?"

Heck yeah!
>> No. 116320
[X] "Just a little. You work a concert venue or something?"
[X] "Have you had breakfast yet?"
>> No. 116322
>>116270

Does she have 6 fingers or am I looking at this the wrong way?
>> No. 116323
>>116322
I see 5 and her other hand. The other hand looks weird to me, though.
>> No. 116324
>>116322

Oh, she's holding it with both hands.

Still looks weird.
>> No. 116325
[x] "Anything that can I help you with?"
>> No. 116326
File 127092354253.gif - (13.91KB , 803x581 , 086.gif ) [iqdb]
116326
>>116279
>>116284
>>116288
>>116298
>>116301
>>116315
>>116316
>>116320
"Yeah, just a little," I joke. "How'd you do that? And what's with that box-thing?"

'M-A-G-I-C~" Comes her reply. "Wit... Err, Shrine Maidens are, uh, granted magical powers from the Gods they worship. I can fly, too! As for this box-thing..."

She holds it up to show me. It's an eight-sided piece of wood with a yin-yang symbol in the centre of it. Around the symbol are various lines, some of which are split in two. "This is my Hakkero," Reimu explains. "I got it from a friend in the Human Village as a gift. It's a super powerful source of magic... Like, the Gods help too and stuff, I guess, but this thing's pretty sweet on its own."

"Oh, I see," I nod. "So, what, do you work a concert venue or something?"
She stares at me blankly. "Uh, what? A concert? I only really play a bit of guitar..."
"But like, the light shows and stuff...?"
"Uhh..." It doesn't seem like she understands completely. But, whatever, I change the topic for conversation's sake.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" I ask.
"Oh, no, not yet. Why? You want something to eat?"
>> No. 116327
[x] Offer to cook breakfast for the two of you, as thanks for letting you stay the night.
>> No. 116328
[x] If that's not too much trouble, sure.
[x] ...In fact...
[x] Offer to cook breakfast for the two of you, as thanks for letting you stay the night.

Same as above but a tiny bit more fleshed out.
>> No. 116330
[Q] Offer to cook breakfast for the two of you, as thanks for letting you stay the night.
>> No. 116332
File 127092937912.gif - (13.11KB , 799x578 , 087.gif ) [iqdb]
116332
>>116327
>>116328
>>116330
"Well, if it's not too much trouble, then sure. Actually, let me cook breakfast. Y'know, as thanks for letting me stay the night."
"Oh wow, really? I don't get many guests, but the ones I do don't usually make me food!" She makes a big deal out of it and leads me inside. I'm not the best cook, but I took the 'home economics' class last year, so whatever I make shouldn't be too bad, I guess.

She leads me into the 'kitchen.' 'Kitchen' in quotes because I'm not sure if this would classify as one. On top of a counter are a few knives and a cutting board. Reimu also has a couple of basic cooking tools, like a frying pan and pot. She's got an old-fashioned stove/oven contraption adjacent to the counter, although I'm gonna need some matches or flint or something to start it, I think. In the cupboards are a bunch of assorted ingredients that I guess I could use. Flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, some eggs, milk, and a few other things.

...On second thought, I don't think these eggs and this milk haven't been kept refrigerated... I'm sure they're fine though.

What should I make?
>> No. 116333
[ ] Eggs
Nah, too cliche.

[X] PANCAKES, motherfucker!
>> No. 116334
[x]Stuff Reimu with pancakes
>> No. 116336
[X] PANCAKES, motherfucker!
>> No. 116337
File 127093315956.gif - (341.62KB , 800x550 , 088.gif ) [iqdb]
116337
>>116333
>>116334
>>116336
hell yes
>> No. 116338
File 12709332184.gif - (10.71KB , 800x575 , 089.gif ) [iqdb]
116338
After some hardcore flipping action, I serve up the pancakes and sit down across from Reimu. She looks pretty happy about it, and I'm actually pretty surprised I made them so well.

"Hell yes, pancakes!" She exclaims as she starts to dig in. "I haven't had these in soooo long."
"You had more than enough ingredients for them, why didn't you just make some?"
"Why make my own food when I can just go to other people's houses and have them make it?"
"Mm, touche."

If I've got anything I want to say to her, I might as well say it now.
>> No. 116339
>>116337

That's awesome.
You're awesome.

[X] Thank her again for helping you out
[X] Ask about the surrounding area, and that village she mentioned earlier.
[] Maybe she could even show you her shrine.
>> No. 116340
[X] Confess your undying love for Reimu
>> No. 116341
[X] Thank her again for helping you out
[X] Ask about the surrounding area, and that village she mentioned earlier.
>> No. 116352
File 12709414757.gif - (13.60KB , 796x576 , 090.gif ) [iqdb]
116352
>>116340
>Confess your undying love to Reimu
I'm not going to confess during breakfast!

...Wait, no, I meant to say: "I don't love Reimu!"

>>116339
>>116341
>Ask about the surrounding area, and that village she mentioned earlier.

"Thanks again for letting me stay at your place. Sorry if I was acting a little weird last night, though."

"No problem!" She laughs, taking another bite of her pancake. "There are a lot of weirdos around here, so it didn't really bother me."

"Ah, is that so... Uh, sorry to change the subject, but is there anything around here other than your house? I think you mentioned a 'Human Village' before, and it appeared in that newspaper as well."

"Places around here? Well, one of my friends' house, Alice, is nearby, I guess. She likes to play with dolls too, but I'm not sure if you're into that kinda stuff or not."

"Yeah, not really..."

"Anyways, there's a village of humans nearby as well, and close to that is a curiosity shop called Kourindou. The guy that gave me the Hakkero works there. Speaking of that newspaper, I was planning on visiting him sometime soon to clear a few things up..."

"...Like the fact that you ransacked his store?"

"Yeah, pretty much. I need to prove my innocence."
>> No. 116356
>"Yeah, pretty much. I need to prove my innocence."

Did she just admit to being Marisa?

Well, the newspaper could have gotten the name wrong.

[x] Ask to head to Kourindou with her.
>> No. 116357
>"Anyways, there's a village of humans nearby as well

[x]"Village of humans? Heh, if you speak as if there was a village of not-humans, or something not human."
>> No. 116358
>>116356

[x] "The news never said that Reimu ransacked a store. You just confessed you are Marisa, didn't you?"
>> No. 116362
[x] "The news never said that Reimu ransacked a store. You just confessed you are Marisa, didn't you?"
[x] "Hey I'm not judging you; you're the closest thing I have to a friend in this land!"
>> No. 116363
[x] "The news never said that Reimu ransacked a store. You just confessed you are Marisa, didn't you?"
>> No. 116366
File 127094430232.gif - (11.58KB , 774x575 , 091.gif ) [iqdb]
116366
>>116358
>>116362
>>116363
"The news never said that Reimu ransacked a store. You just confessed you are Marisa, didn't you?"

"Wh-What? I-I, uh... I..."
>> No. 116367
File 127094451426.gif - (10.09KB , 773x572 , 092.gif ) [iqdb]
116367
"I like your pancakes."

"Don't try and change the subject! I knew I was onto something last night, you're Marisa Kirisame!"

"No, that's not true! I'm Reimu Hakurei, Shrine Maiden extraordinaire! It's just... When I walk around town, I don't want people that don't know my name to think that I'm the thief just cuz I look like her!"
>> No. 116369
{X] Ignore the Marisa topic then, you're not gonna get anywhere with that.
[X} Ask if you come with her to Kourindou.
>> No. 116370
>>116369
>[X] Ask if you CAN come with her to Kourindou.
Whoops, my bad.
>> No. 116371
{X] Ignore the Marisa topic then, you're not gonna get anywhere with that.
[X} Ask if you come with her to Kourindou.
>> No. 116377
File 127095128227.gif - (16.19KB , 797x576 , 093.gif ) [iqdb]
116377
>>116369
>>116371
>Ignore the Marisa topic then, you're not gonna get anywhere with that.
Hmm, maybe you're right.

"Alright, that makes sense." I say, eating more of my breakfast. "So, can I come with you to the Human Village? Or to Kourindou, for that matter?"

"Sure!" She exclaims. Her mood changed from uneasy to ecstatic in a mere matter of seconds. "I'm gonna need all the help I can get to bust this case wide open!"

"What, are we playing detective now?"
>> No. 116378
File 127095135573.gif - (20.88KB , 804x582 , 094.gif ) [iqdb]
116378
I grab my bag and head outside, ready head out. Reimu leads me into the thick autumn woods, though she didn't decide to bring anything with her, it seems.

Despite it being Fall, and midday, hardly any light gets through to the forest's floor making things pretty hard to see. Large bushes cover most of the ground, although a makeshift trail's been made, probably by Reimu. A lot of the flora seems pretty dangerous, though. Spikes and thorns appear as frequent as the trees, and various types of fungi are growing on just about everything. The air doesn't seem all too pure, either.

"Hey," I start, nudging Reimu. "Didn't you say you could fly? Why are we hoofing it down here?"

"I thought we'd enjoy some of the wildlife," comes her casual response.

"This 'wildlife' doesn't seem all too safe to be around."

"Yeah, well, we're almost there anyways."
>> No. 116379
File 127095137175.gif - (13.48KB , 796x574 , 095.gif ) [iqdb]
116379
She was right.

We arrive at Kourindou after ten or so more minutes, and she heads directly inside. The place itself looks a little rundown, much like Reimu's house. It has a bunch of crap scattered on the lawn too... Some chimes hang from the ceiling, a ribbon tied to each pole. It looks nice, but they kinda dull the sound a bit... There's also an assortment of boxes, and a few things out back.

Well, what now?
>> No. 116381
[X] Check the boxes for anything useful
[X] Is that a cane in the back? Take it if it is
[X] Poke the chimes
[X] Go in with Reimu
>> No. 116382
>>116378
Protagonist is shorter than Marisa? He must be a true midget.

[x]What's that sadface by the door?
>> No. 116383
[x]Pick up the cane
[x]Remember to ask how much is the angry stone's price? (what is that doing here)
[x]Announce yourself and enter
>> No. 116384
[X] Check the boxes for anything useful
[X] Is that a cane in the back? Take it if it is
[X] Poke the chimes
[x]What's that sadface by the door?
[X] Go in with Reimu
>> No. 116385
>Protagonist is shorter than Marisa? He must be a true midget
Exactly my thoughts. Must be a shota.
>>116378
Marisa already has a i will devour you grin on her face.
>> No. 116386
[x]What's that sadface by the door?

>>116382

I think it was an attempt at depth perception. The artist forgot to blur either the fore- or back-most figure.
>> No. 116388
[x] Stick close to 'Reimu'. The shopkeeper must know her real name.
>> No. 116389
File 127095595924.gif - (10.28KB , 738x571 , 096.gif ) [iqdb]
116389
>>116386
>>116384
>What's that sadface by the door?
Oh, I've seen one of these before. I think it was called a Daruma. This one's coloured red and oh jesus thats terrifying

Who designs these things? Though, I think they can be used for recording goals... You're supposed to colour in one of the eyes, or something. I was never able to get into these things, but my grandmother was always so strict about it... Doesn't look like this one's been used yet. Maybe it's for sale? But I'm not sure if I'd want to be carrying it around with me...
>> No. 116390
File 127095598841.gif - (10.01KB , 798x580 , 099.gif ) [iqdb]
116390
>>116384
>>116383
>>116381
>Is that a cane in the back?
>If it is, pick it up.
Indeed, it is! It's made out of wood, but otherwise doesn't really have too many redeeming qualities about it. On the crate next to it is a box of matches... It's only got 3 left in it, though. The crate itself, however, is sealed shut... If only this was a crowbar instead.
>> No. 116391
File 127095601344.gif - (14.76KB , 794x572 , 097.gif ) [iqdb]
116391
>>116381
>>116384
>Poke the chimes

Ring ring.
>> No. 116394
File 127095618738.gif - (14.45KB , 795x574 , 098.gif ) [iqdb]
116394
Ah, something shrieks and runs off into the bushes!

"I saw that!" I shout at whatever it was. I was under the impression most animals start hibernating around Autumn...

Oh well, I head inside to meet Reimu.
>> No. 116395
[X] Use your gravity gun to open the crate, instead.

That's what I always did, once I got the thing. Way more satisfying then just crowbarring.
>> No. 116396
[X] Take the matches as well.


Hey, it's either a red herring, or something that'll come in handy later.
>> No. 116397
[x]Check your wallet. This' a store after all.
-[x] Ask if they have a job opening. You never know.
>> No. 116398
File 127095748450.png - (39.38KB , 624x579 , 100.png ) [iqdb]
116398
"What nerve!"
>> No. 116399
File 127095752957.gif - (13.51KB , 794x574 , 101.gif ) [iqdb]
116399
"Honestly! Coming into a store you just robbed!"


awkwarrrd
>> No. 116401
[X] "...she's Marisa Kirisame, right?"
>> No. 116403
[X] Don't get involved.
>> No. 116404
[X]Wait this out. This is an opportunity to learn the truth without being accusatory toward your benefactor.
>> No. 116405
>>116398
C(ol)ourindou!
>> No. 116407
[X] Spring to Reimu's defense.

lolidunno
>> No. 116408
[X]Wait this out. This is an opportunity to learn the truth without being accusatory toward your benefactor.
>> No. 116409
[X]Wait this out. This is an opportunity to learn the truth without being accusatory toward your benefactor.

Have I mentioned that I enjoy this? Because I do.
>> No. 116415
[X] Spring to Reimu's defense.

Because we look good in front of Marisa and then Rinnosuke will tell us in no uncertain words that the figure we are referring to is at the very least 'not Reimu'.

Besides if you both gang up on her, then she might just spark and high-tail it.
>> No. 116417
[X] Wait this out. This is an opportunity to learn the truth without being accusatory toward your benefactor.

Sneaky sneaky...
>> No. 116418
[X] Wait this out. This is an opportunity to learn the truth without being accusatory toward your benefactor.
>> No. 116419
While I have to admit some degree of admiration for her commitment to the ruse, I really wonder why she's bothering claiming to be Reimu in the first place.
What does she stand to gain from duping a total stranger who is clearly not from around there into thinking she's someone else?
>> No. 116422
[X] Wait this out. This is an opportunity to learn the truth without being accusatory toward your benefactor.

>>116419
it's probably another one of Marisa's trolls, I guess. Or maybe it's plot related somehow. Eh, we'll find out soon enough.
>> No. 116423
[X] Spring to Reimu's defense.
>> No. 116425
[Q] Wait this out. This is an opportunity to learn the truth without being accusatory toward your benefactor.
>> No. 116430
[x]Hey, this is a really awesome store!
>> No. 116585
"Hmm? Another drawfag CYOA, huh? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take a look at wh-"

>>116276

Oh my god I just died laughing.

Sage for slowpoke response.
>> No. 117575
File 127366536437.jpg - (28.18KB , 328x363 , 1258385125974.jpg ) [iqdb]
117575
I see you >>/i/203

are you going to finish this?
>> No. 117582
>>117575
I was just about to pick it back up, actually.
>> No. 117584
>>117582

Whoo hoo!
>> No. 117586
>>117582
Good to hear that.
>> No. 117588
>>117582
Score.
>> No. 117611
>>117582

hooray!
>> No. 117618
YESHHH
>> No. 117650
File 127389055816.gif - (10.64KB , 805x591 , 102.gif ) [iqdb]
117650
Yeah, it'd probably be best to just wait this one out a bit... This guy probably isn't onto Reimu's trick. That is, assuming that this is a trick. I hide behind some merchandise, out of sight, and listen in.

A good chunk of the argument is the man, who I've discovered is named Rinnosuke, yelling and complaining. Half of what he says isn't even about Reimu, who nods in silence every now and then.

"Sometimes, Marisa, I swear!" He finally shouts. Reimu(?) freezes up.
>> No. 117653
[X] Clear your throat conspicuously.

Let's not get Kourin any more riled up than he already is.
>> No. 117654
[X] Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare~
>> No. 117655
[X] Clear your throat conspicuously, and frown knowingly.
>> No. 117656
[X] Clear your throat conspicuously.
[X] Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare~
>> No. 117657
[X] Clear your throat conspicuously.
[X] Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare~

You're not fooling anyone Marisa.
>> No. 117660
File 127389609024.gif - (11.34KB , 801x581 , 103.gif ) [iqdb]
117660
>>117653
>>117654
>>117655
>>117656
>>117657
I step forward and clear my throat. Reimu Marisa turns around, shocked to see me, though I can't say I was expecting her to be all that calm. I stare at her, not saying a word.

"Oh, uh, hey, Yoshio," she says, nervously. "See? I told you people would get me and the actual robber mixed up. Ha ha ha. Ha ha.

Ha.




...How long have you been standing there?"
>> No. 117661
[X] "How long? I wonder..."
>> No. 117662
[X] "How long? I wonder..."
>> No. 117664
[X] "Somewhere between 'What nerve!' and 'Sometimes, Marisa, I swear!' I think."
>> No. 117665
[X] "Enough."
[X] Cross your arms.

Not sure if we should go in a disappoint mood.
>> No. 117666
[X] "Since 'What nerve!'. Something you'd like to tell me?"
>> No. 117672
File 127390236282.gif - (8.50KB , 800x589 , 105.gif ) [iqdb]
117672
"How long?" I repeat. "Somewhere between 'What nerve!' and 'Sometimes, Marisa, I swear!' I think," I cross my arms and glare at her. "Enough is enough. Is there something you'd like to tell me, 'Reimu?'"

I've got her in a tight spot. She's squirming and can't make up another excuse through all her 'ums' and 'uhs.' She finally just decides to change the subject.

"Let's deal with this at another time, OK?" She stutters. "Like when we're less busy?"

She's stopped denying my claims, but she's not really accepting them either.
>> No. 117673
File 127390237746.gif - (15.80KB , 794x574 , 104.gif ) [iqdb]
117673
Maybe she's right, though. Should I press further or just deal with what we were doing in the first place?
>> No. 117675
[X] Let the matter drop for now, but make a note to keep a very close eye on her from now on.
[X] Be especially wary of going near any cliffs while with her.

We're not going to be getting any relief for our trust issues for quite some time, are we?
>> No. 117679
[X] Don't press the matter, you can deal with it later.
[X] Help her out.
>> No. 117686
[x] Don't press the matter, you can deal with it later.
[x] Help her out.
She gave us a place to live after all.
>> No. 117687
[X] Let the matter drop for now, but make a note to keep a very close eye on her from now on.
[X] Help her out
>> No. 117688
[x]Try and find a way of not embarrassing Marisa(?)
[X]"Clearly its uh... due to some sort of... magical spell that's making everyone see you as Marisa."

[X]"Uh... would it help if I just refer to you as Marisa from now? It might confuse people otherwise. Yeah."

[x]Help her out
>> No. 117689
[x]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name."
[x]"Is there any special reason for you to give me a false identity?"

C'mon guys.
>> No. 117693
[x]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know who you actually are."
>> No. 117696
[X]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name."
[X]"Is there any special reason for you to give me a false identity?"
>> No. 117697
[X]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place, nor do I care why you call yourself Reimu. You're you, that's all there is to it."
[X]"So, please tell me your name so we can get properly acquainted, and so I don't get anyone mixed up."
[X]Back to business
>> No. 117698
[X]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name."
[X]"Is there any special reason for you to give me a false identity?"
>> No. 117700
[X]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name."
[X]"Is there any special reason for you to give me a false identity?"
>> No. 117705
[x] Stare.
>> No. 117706
[X] "What have you got against telling me who you really are? You picked me up, and basically saved me after I fell from a gajillion feet in the sky. That's all that really matters as far as I'm concerned, and I could kiss you for it."
[X] Kiss her for it.

No need to be modest, Marisa.
>> No. 117732
[x] "What have you got against telling me who you really are? You picked me up, and basically saved me after I fell from a gajillion feet in the sky. That's all that really matters as far as I'm concerned, and I could kiss you for it."
[x] Kiss her for it.

This cannot possibly go wrong.
>> No. 117733
[X]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name."
[X]"Is there any special reason for you to give me a false identity?"
>> No. 117735
>>117732
translation: It WILL go wrong.
>> No. 117768
[X]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name."
>> No. 117800
[x] Don't press the matter, you can deal with it later.
[x] Help her out.

God I love this story.
>> No. 117801
>>117800
It's just so simple and refreshing, isn't it?
>> No. 117811
[x] >>117800

He has very little reason to really care; she stole nothing from him.
>> No. 117820
[x]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name."

The 'I just want to know your name' part strikes me as kinda sweet.
>> No. 117824
[x]"Look, I don't care about what you did in the first place. I just want to know your name...and why you wouldn't tell me..."
>> No. 117827
>>117811
>>He has very little reason to really care; she stole nothing from him.

An accused thief is lying to you about her identity, and you have little reason to really care about that fact?
If anything, that she has not stolen anything from you should be even more cause for concern, not less.

Personally, I'd wonder if she wasn't preparing to set him up to take the fall for something.
Who better to use as a patsy than someone who doesn't know you or anyone else, and is unfamiliar enough with the area that he wouldn't be able to easily lead anyone back to you?
>> No. 117835
>>117827
If she is trying some despicable plan, she's doing a terrible enough of a job of disguising herself that descriptions of a blonde shrine maiden in black and white witch outfit who lives in the forest of magic would be enough to wreck it.

Besides, we shared pancakes. Pancakes. If that's not some wholesome bond I don't know what is.

[x]Use LOTUS to guide your way
>> No. 117836
>>Besides, we shared pancakes. Pancakes. If that's not some wholesome bond I don't know what is.

Dude, we did not merely share pancakes with her, we made pancakes for her. We thanked her for her kind hospitality with fluffy flapjacks of trust and gratitude, and yet she continued to slather them and us with the dark molasses of lies and deceit.

Our bonds, like our breakfast, is tainted with the sticky coating of her lies.
>> No. 117849
File 127422974076.jpg - (26.29KB , 480x360 , mehnotthatgood.jpg ) [iqdb]
117849
>>117836
Man, deceit is delicious
>> No. 117862
>>117811
>she stole nothing from him.

Dude, Yoshio doesn't have anything worthy to steal. In fact, he doesn't have anything at all!
>> No. 117864
>>117862
Someone forgot about BeerSpider.
>> No. 117876
>>117864
more like the future beer spider.

>>117836
This is Marisa, far more harmless prank than evil master plan.
>> No. 117891
>>117836
It's Reimu, for crying out loud, not some evil mastermind! It's more likely than not she's now embarrased at her earlier off-handed deceit more than anything else.
>> No. 117927
[X]"Clearly its uh... due to some sort of... magical spell that's making everyone see you as Marisa."

[X]"Uh... would it help if I just refer to you as Marisa from now? It might confuse people otherwise. Yeah."

[x]Help her out
>> No. 118557
Are you still alive?
>> No. 126465
File 128814624357.gif - (12.41KB , 800x600 , 105.gif ) [iqdb]
126465
>>117693
>>117689
>>117696
>>117697
>>117698
>>117700
>>117733
>>117768
>>117820
It's now or never.

"Look," I start, bluntly. "I don't care about what you did. I just want to know your name." She withdraws a bit, looking away awkwardly.

"What've you got against telling me who you really are? You picked me up, and basically saved me after I fell from a gajillion feet in the sky. You let me stay the night with you, and now you've let me accompany you to a nearby town (or close to it, at least).

"Your peculiar actions, the newspaper, what this man says... There's really no denying it, Reimu. Or, should I say, 'Marisa?'"
>> No. 126466
File 128814624895.gif - (11.17KB , 804x576 , 106.gif ) [iqdb]
126466
She chews on her finger nail, smirking a bit.

"Keh," she scoffs. "Busted."

"...Huh?"

"Yeah, yeah, OK. I'm not Reimu. I guess this has gone on long enough. Besides, all these random interrogation bits have been getting really awkward really fast."

"Wha-- Why'd you confess everything now?"

"Cuz now I actually got stuff to do? It was fun at first, but now it's just kinda annoying."

"But we shared pancakes! No, I made pancakes! For you! I thanked you for your kind hospitality with fluffy flapjacks of trust and gratitude, and yet you continued to slather them with the dark molasses of lies and deceit."

She laughs. "Man, what? I think this all just became worth it to hear you say that." Her lack of seriousness on the matter seems a little strange, but I try not to lose the initiative.

"Was there any special reason you gave me a fake name?"

She stiffens up again. "No, none. I had no reason."
>> No. 126467
File 12881463007.gif - (18.51KB , 800x600 , 107.gif ) [iqdb]
126467
There's a moment of awkward silence, which is promptly broken by an exaggerated coughing.

"Right, so," the man behind the counter says with a hint of irritation in his voice. "If you're all done here, I need to get back to work. I expect you to pay me back in full for everything you stole, Marisa. Expect the bill in a week."
>> No. 126468
Yes! It's back!

Now if only I was creative enough to vote!
>> No. 126469
Holy fuck it's back!
>> No. 126470
I was about to come im here and chew the bastard who bumped this out. Then i saw it was you and joyful tears were shed
>> No. 126474
>She stiffens up again. "No, none. I had no reason."
Riiiiiight.

Holy shit, you're alive, hooray, etc.
>> No. 126477
[X] Ask Marisa if she'd like to do anything/go somewhere.
[X] If not, ask if she could take you anywhere, or talk about people of interest.

Surprising to see you back, though I guess that's what happens when one doesn't say anything and you have to suspect the author's just plain disappeared.
>> No. 126478
> "So what now?"
>> No. 126480
>>126478
>> No. 126498
[x]So, is there an actual, real Reimu? Won't she be annoyed at you using her name?
>> No. 126521
[x] ==>
>> No. 126523
[x]So what now?
>> No. 126542
[x] "So what now?"

Hooray!
>> No. 126558
File 128821371097.gif - (17.10KB , 913x606 , 108.gif ) [iqdb]
126558
>>126478
>>126480
>>126523
"So, what now?"

"Wuh-- well, wait a sec, I think you're both forgetting the reason we even came!" She rests one hand on her hip and pumps the other. "I'm here to prove my innocence! I've obviously been framed!"

Obviously. "So, then, what, is this supposed to be an investigation or something?" Rinnosuke asks, rolling his eyes.

"Are you dense? Of course it is! And this man here is going to help me! Right, Yoshio?"
>> No. 126559
[x] "That's a moot point. Whatever you did or didn't not do, I'm sure you've had a good reason for doing it."
>> No. 126562
[x] "That's a moot point. Whatever you did or didn't not do, you probably had a good reason for doing it."
-[x] "After all, no decent people would steal stuff without real need?"
>> No. 126563
>Whatever you did or didn't not do, you probably had a good reason for doing it."
>didn't not do

Huh?

>if you didn't do
>had a good reason for it

Wut
>> No. 126564
[x]Uuuuh...right?
>> No. 126565
>>126563
It is logical.
>> No. 126568
File 128822419315.gif - (15.74KB , 970x706 , 109.gif ) [iqdb]
126568
>>126559
>>126562
I shrug. "That's a moot point. Whatever you did or didn't not do, you probably had a good reason for doing it."

"I, buh, wha? What does that even--"

"After all," I interrupt. "No decent person would steal stuff without real need, right?"

She stays silent for a moment. Her face tells me she's utterly confused. "OK, well, I guess I don't have the cleanest record out there, if that's what you're getting at," Marisa explains. "But I just borrow stuff! I usually almost always give it back eventually! This is the kind of stuff that gives me a bad reputation. Like, bad-bad. Threat-to-society-bad.

"You gonna help me or not?"
>> No. 126569
[X] "..."
[X] "Hey, you're called...'Rinnosuke', right?"
[X] "Can I stay here? Please?"
>> No. 126571
[x]"Eh, why not? You did help me out, this is only fair."
>> No. 126573
[X] "Threat-to-society-bad? I don't see how stealing a few nicknacks makes you a threat to society"
>> No. 126576
[X]"Eh, why not? You did help me out, this is only fair."
[X] "I mean, threat-to-society-bad? I don't see how stealing a few knick-knacks makes you a threat to society."
>> No. 126577
[X] "Threat-to-society-bad? I don't see how stealing a few nicknacks makes you a threat to society"
[x]"But eh, why not? You did help me out, this is only fair."
>> No. 126580
File 128823327056.gif - (15.35KB , 968x704 , 110.gif ) [iqdb]
126580
>>126571
>>126573
>>126576
After debating whether or not I should just take up residence with Rinnosuke and get away from all this craziness, I decide to help Rei-- Marisa with her 'investigation.'

"Alright," I say. "I'll help out. But 'Threat-to-Society-Bad?' Really? I don't see how stealing a few knickknacks makes you a threat to society."

"Oh, please! You can never just give a straight answer, can you? It's called minor over-exaggeration. Very minor, given the way the newspaper likes to blow these things out of proportion."

Rinnosuke butts in to the conversation. "Actually, I wouldn't say that it's an over-exaggeration at all." Marisa's about to snap back but he continues on. "No, seriously. When 'you' attacked my store the other night, it was like you were out for blood, or something."
>> No. 126581
File 128823333387.gif - (17.20KB , 844x621 , 111.gif ) [iqdb]
126581
Marisa's eyes lighten up. "The questioning begins! Someone start writing this down!" Despite the 'seriousness' of the matter, she's treating it like it's some sort of game. "Yoshio! You start asking questions while I look for some paper and stuff!"

"Shouldn't I wait for you to get back?" I call out to Marisa as she searches around shop.

"No, no! We've already wasted enough time with you fussin' about my name and crap! For all we know, I could strike again tonight!"

Gee, I sure have been semi-forced into doing a bunch of miscellaneous stuff for people recently! Rinnosuke awaits my query with superficial interest.
>> No. 126583
[X] Question One: "I'm going to regret this, aren't I?"
>> No. 126585
[x]"I she always like this?"
>> No. 126586
[x] Shouldn't our role be reversed? Rhinnosuke might suspect you for snooping around to find more things to steal
>> No. 126591
[X] Ok... Guess I have no choice.
-[x] First question: did you know, without a shadow of doubt, that 'twas Marisa who raided your store?
>> No. 126594
[X] Question time.
-[X] "So... what do I get her? Do I have to talk to her parents? Are there, you know, any rules?"
>> No. 126595
[X] Seen any flying shrines, lately?
>> No. 126611
>>126591

[x] "Theft the removal of a valuable belonging from one person into the care of another. To establish a crime actually too place, can you drecribe exactly what was stolen, it's use, its sentimental or fair market value, and how sure you are it's not just lost under a pile of miscellanous junk?"
>> No. 126613
>>126611

Is English your first language?

I certainly hope not.
>> No. 126628
Its just missing a comma and a 'k'. So hes a bad typist not a bad writer.
>> No. 126679
File 128830744482.gif - (13.11KB , 857x620 , 112.gif ) [iqdb]
126679
>>126586
>Shouldn't our role be reversed?
Probably. Rinnosuke seems to already suspect Marisa of doing just that, so he's keeping an eye on her.

>>126583
>>126585
I try to break the ice before diving in to a full-out interrogation.

"I'm going to regret this, aren't I?" I laugh. He doesn't respond. "...Right, so, is she always like this?"

"Yes," comes his blunt reply. "Always."

"I see..."

>>126591
"...Anyways," I start, getting a little more serious. "Did you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that it was, in fact, Marisa Kirisame that raided your store?"

He thinks about it for a moment. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was her. I mean, it was dark and everything, but there aren't many people around here that wear black, have a witch's hat and equip themselves with a broom. Her hair was even done up with a ribbon."

"And you're sure this couldn't have been someone else?"

"There were a few things 'off' about her appearance, now that I think about it, but I can't think of anyone else it could have been. Bear in mind that it was a few days ago, so I don't remember everything."

>>126611
"I suppose that's reasonable," I say. "But,
theft is pretty much when someone takes something of value away from another person without permission. Just to make sure that this is actually a crime, would you mind telling me what exactly was stolen?"

He sighs. "You see, that's not why this was considered a crime. It wasn't just a break-and-enter, it was an 'armed' robbery. Regardless of what she stole, which I assure you was quite valuable, the fact that she used a weapon, or magic in this case, constitutes it as a crime on its own. I actually had to flee my own store."

"OK, but for future reference, what was stolen?"

"A bunch of stuff," he grumbles. "None of it seems related, though. More like she was stealing for the sake of stealing."

>>126595
...Hmm. Yeah, I still need to find a way back home, don't I? It's worth a shot.

"That sounds... Pretty drastic," I comment. "Uh, so, this is a little unrelated... But, I don't suppose you've seen any flying shrines lately?"

"Yeah," he answers. "There was one heading towards Youkai Mountain."

"I-- What?" I nearly shout, unable to contain my surprise. "Really?"

"It flew overhead a day or two ago. Once it passed the mountains I lost sight of it, though, so I can't say for sure." He shrugs it off.

Despite his indifferent reaction, I think it's safe to assume that it was Sanae. He said it was headed towards 'Youkai Mountain,' wherever that is. I make a mental note to ask Marisa when she comes back.

"Is that all?" Rinnosuke asks.
>> No. 126680
>>126679
[x]Wait.. weapon? What weapon? If it was that giant rainbow beamy hakke-whatsit thing, wouldn't there be a hole in the wall or something?

[x]Are there a lot of flying shrines around? Actually, are there a lot of shrines around, period?

If Sanae can't help us back out, we'd better have a look to see what else is out there.
>> No. 126691
File 128831654344.gif - (14.36KB , 846x606 , 113.gif ) [iqdb]
126691
>>126680
"Not quite," I tell him. It'd be best to find out more information on the shrines while we're still on the topic. "Are there a lot of flying shrines around? Or any shrines at all?"

"No, shrines usually don't fly," Rinnosuke says. "Are you not from around here, or something? The only actual shrine belongs to Reimu Hakurei." A familiar name. He tells me that it's not too far away from the forest; Marisa knows where it is.

"Interesting," I say, mostly to myself. "Oh, and you said she used a weapon? If she used that giant rainbow beamy hakke-whatsit thing, wouldn't there be a hole in the wall or something?"

"Probably," he admits. "But she was gracious enough to not Master Spark my shop. She mostly came after me physically, swiping at me and occasionally firing danmaku when I got farther away. Bad aim, though."

"Physical? So she tried punching you and stuff? Marisa's some sort of witch, right? Why wouldn't she just use magic?" Rinnosuke shrugs. He just considers himself lucky that she tried a different approach this time.
>> No. 126693
File 128831691330.gif - (14.71KB , 851x603 , 114.gif ) [iqdb]
126693
Marisa comes back, pad of paper in hand.

"OK!" She hollers. "What'd I miss?" I fill her in on the details.

Someone, who looks very similar to Marisa, ran into the store and started causing a ruckus, chasing after Rinnosuke. After he ran out of the store, the criminal took some random items and fled the scene.

"You get all that?" I ask, trying to peek at the paper. "Do you wanna take over the questioning now?"

"Nah, it's fine," she answers, unaware that it was more of a request than a question. "You seem to be doing fine-- Unless, you think this is enough information? We could continue on to the human village if you're done."
>> No. 126711
Holy fuck yes this is back. I missed it so bad.
>> No. 126717
[X] One last question before you leave: was there anything else at all about Marisa/the culprit that seemed particularly unusual?
>> No. 126725
[x] Ok, now this is the really last question: did the thief left something that could be used as clue? You probably already clenaed up everything but...
>> No. 126750
File 128838387820.gif - (54.54KB , 840x612 , 115b.gif ) [iqdb]
126750
>>126717
>>126725
"A few more questions," I tell her. "Was there anything else at all about the culprit that seemed particularly unusual?"

"Not really," He says. "It was late and most of the lights were off. I couldn't see very well."

"And I don't suppose the thief left anything behind?"

"The point of stealing is to take items, not leave them behind."

"By accident, I mean."

"Nothing comes to mind, no."

Well, that didn't really get us anywhere. I think this well's run dry.

"...Nothing left behind..." Marisa repeats, scribbling down a few last notes before flipping the pad shut. "Alright! I'm as good as innocent, now!"

"You... are?" I say in disbelief.

"Pretty much!" I expect an explanation, but it never comes. "We done here, or what?"
>> No. 126752
[X] We're done, lead the way, chief.
>> No. 126778
[x] suggest on investigating on a flying shrine sighted around youkai mountain
[x] mention possibilities of magical artifacts and treasure as well as the culprit might have a connection to it as you don't see flying shrine everyday
>> No. 126786
[x] suggest on investigating on a flying shrine sighted around youkai mountain
>> No. 126804
[x] "We're done. What now?"
>> No. 126916
[x] suggest on investigating on a flying shrine sighted around youkai mountain
[x] mention possibilities of magical artifacts and treasure as well as the culprit might have a connection to it as you don't see flying shrine everyday
>> No. 126958
File 128857157119.gif - (14.66KB , 850x611 , 116.gif ) [iqdb]
126958
>>126752
>>126804
"Yeah, we're done. Thanks for your time."

"Oook," Rinnosuke mutters, walking away.

"So, what now?" Marisa asks. "We gonna head to the village?"

"Actually, do you know anything about Youkai Mountain?" I inquire, picking my bag up from off the floor.

"Uhh, I guess. I've never really been there before myself."

"Well, apparently there was a flying shrine headed in that direction. The culprit could be related, I mean it's not everyday you see a flying shrine."

"It's possible, it's possible," Marisa nods. "Pretty dangerous up there, though! And you can't even fly! You sure about this?"

"Yeah, it's the biggest lead we've got, right? And remember how I landed on your lawn after being thrown off a flying shrine? I definitely think it's worth a look." She thinks about it for all of five seconds before coming to a decision.

"Alright!" She exclaims. "We better get going, then! Can you think of anything you might want to bring along?"
>> No. 126967
[X] No not really. Wait, do you have some warmer clothes.
>> No. 126975
Hey wait. This is going to end up reenacting TH10, isn't it. Marisa hasn't gone through Youkai Mountain yet, and the shrine was teleported onto the mountain just yesterday. I'm slow for not realizing it sooner.

We're gonna be attacked by god after god after god after kappa after tengu ninjas etc. The real Reimu is probably headed this way too at some point. At least none of the parties were particularly hostile in the game, but this does put us into a position where we're practically useless dead weight, since Marisa would have to fly us around while protecting us.
>> No. 126979
[X] I smell trouble. You should grab anything you may need from your house before going.
>> No. 126996
[x]Inventory check.
>> No. 127007
[X]Inventory check.


SITREP.
>> No. 127013
[x] Inventory check.
[x] What would there be that COULD be taken along?
>> No. 127015
[x] INVENTORY
>> No. 127035
Affirm we have:
[ ] Lotus
[ ] Beer spider
[ ] A warm coat
>> No. 127041
[X] I smell trouble. You should grab anything you may need from your house before going.
>> No. 127053
>>127035
What about the cane, the spare change, the assorted junk in our pockets, the picture, the pen, etc?
>> No. 127064
File 128864236753.gif - (24.26KB , 898x725 , 117.gif ) [iqdb]
127064
>>127007
>Situation Report
To sum it all up, after a short questioning period with Rinnosuke, Marisa and I have decided to investigate Youkai Mountain for some more info. I may be able to find Sanae as well.

I guess Marisa's going to fly us up there? On a broom, or something? If I'm lucky, it'll be a more comfortable than the Sanae Express was, and hopefully a little safer.

>Inventory
In my bag I've got:
- the Cane
- the Scissors
- the Cage; BeerSpider
- the Fur
- the Picture and the Newspaper
- the Teenage Mutant Ninja Daruma

In my pockets, I've got:
- Some loose change
- the Wire
- the Pen
- the Matches

Currently, I'm wearing:
- my Generic Clothes
- the Lotus in my Left Hand
- my Bag.

For argument's sake,
>>127035
[✔] Lotus
[✔] BeerSpider
[ ] A warm coat.

"Uh, maybe like some warmer clothing? A coat, maybe?" I ask, hoping that for some strange reason she has clothes for both genders.

"Hmmmm," she wonders. "Yeah, I guess it is getting kinda chilly. I should get changed too. And I'll see if I have anything that, ah, suits you." She chuckles, and we head out the door.
>> No. 127066
[X] Paint one dot in the left eye of the daruma while thinking 'I want to fall in love'
[x] Ask to Marisa if she has some booze. Fill a small cup and give it to your spider

Lucky charms ahoy.
>> No. 127075
File 128865347921.gif - (16.48KB , 850x620 , 118.gif ) [iqdb]
127075
After another ten minute trip through the woods, we reach Marisa's house. Once inside, Marisa strolls through the main room and down a hallway.

"I'll be out in a sec," she calls back. "Don't you dare come in while I'm changing!"

"Uh, OK," I call back. I can hear a door shut down the hall, and I'm to myself again. I guess I could snoop around a bit more, or maybe go and search for clothes by myself.

Or just wait.


oops could've sworn I posted this?
>> No. 127077
<strike> [x] Go in while she's changing </strike>
Hey drawfag! Where can I find the first two chapters?
>> No. 127078
lol bbs code fail
>> No. 127080
[x] pick up the doll in the corner.
>> No. 127083
File 128865961037.gif - (14.10KB , 853x618 , 119.gif ) [iqdb]
127083
>>127080
I pick up the doll.

This ≡Doll of Marisa≡ is excellently crafted. It depicts Marisa Kirisame with a menacing look. Marisa is grinning. She is wearing a witch's hat. It menaces with spikes of obsidian.

Who made this? Marisa? It looks like it's had a few modifications made to it since it was originally crafted. It was leaning up against the rocking chair.
>> No. 127086
>>127083
Careful, if you break it, Alice might start a tantrum spiral.
>> No. 127087
[x] Investigate that...thinger next to the mushrooms on the table.
[x]Flip through the books
[x]Fly the doll around making "pew pew!" noises
>> No. 127089
[x]Play with the doll
>> No. 127094
File 128866318477.gif - (9.64KB , 923x666 , 121.gif ) [iqdb]
127094
>>127086
>Careful, if you break it, Alice might start a tantrum spiral.
Yeah. Whoever made this obviously put a lot of work into it, I shouldn't mess around with it.
>> No. 127095
File 128866319996.gif - (9.74KB , 929x672 , 122.gif ) [iqdb]
127095
>> No. 127096
File 128866348135.gif - (524.22KB , 800x550 , 120.gif ) [iqdb]
127096
Pew pew!! Byuuuuuuunnnn!!

dakka dakka dakk-- pougfhhghhhh boooom pew pew pew ahh ogh pow beeeeeuumm noooooo rocket puuunch
>> No. 127098
File 128866500538.gif - (7.76KB , 848x591 , 123.gif ) [iqdb]
127098
>>127087
...Anyways, next to mushrooms is glass container the ink was in before it wound up all over the floor. Marisa must have picked it up in the morning. It's pretty much empty, now.

Beneath the bottle is a note, which I assume was written by Marisa. "Buy more of this."
>> No. 127102
[x] Take the container
>> No. 127104
[x] Play a song with the guitar
>> No. 127107
Huh. Just noticed that our name changed in >>127064.

>>127104
[X] Play a haunting refrain with the guitar.
>> No. 127115
[X] Remember to ask about the doll. Its really cute.
>> No. 127117
[X] Check beneath the doll's skirt to see if it's fully equipped.

... what?
>> No. 127118
>>127117
No. JUST NO.
>> No. 127119
>>127118
Hey, this is important stuff, man. What if the missing butterfly is under it's skirt?
>> No. 127124
I love you.

[x] Rifle through the drawers in the desk.
>> No. 127170
>>127094
>>127095
>>127096
You are awesome.
>> No. 127193
[x] Rifle through the drawers in the desk.
>> No. 127244
>>127096
oh god it's animated ahaha oh wow
>> No. 127254
[X}Equip Cane in Right Hand
[X}Rifle through desk drawers.
>> No. 127261
[X] Play a haunting refrain with the guitar.
>> No. 127264
>>127077
>>114488 and >>115380. Use the story list.
>> No. 127314
File 128882787364.gif - (13.05KB , 915x625 , 124.gif ) [iqdb]
127314
>>127102
>Take the container
It's no good to her now, I'm sure she won't miss it.

>>127254
>Equip Cane in Right Hand
Alright, I take the cane out of my bag.

>>127124
>>127193
>>127254
>Rifle through the drawers in the desk
Well, there's still the drawer with the random scraps of paper and whatnot in it, but it's much neater now. The first drawer has a bunch of opened letters in it, all addressed to Marisa. The other drawer has an old-looking book in it. A note that reads "Secret!" rests atop it.

>>127107
fffuck
>> No. 127319
[x] Examine the "Secret!" note.
>> No. 127321
[x] read secret note
[x] put note in pocket
[x] take mushroom
[x] take one of the letters

anyone know what that thing on the right of the desk is? >>127075
>> No. 127323
>>127321
That's Marisa, anonymous. Pay attention!
>> No. 127327
File 128882978959.gif - (7.18KB , 820x595 , 125.gif ) [iqdb]
127327
>>127319
>>127321
>Examine note
It's a very well written note. I can really that she put a lot of passion and effort into this wonderful piece of literature. The star above the word "Secret!" definitely adds to it.

10/10, would read again.
>> No. 127330
File 128882990689.gif - (10.61KB , 807x590 , 126.gif ) [iqdb]
127330
>>127321
> put note in pocket
> Take mushroom
> Take letter

Ok, I am carrying WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. I'd better rethink my inventory situation a bit. Surely I don't need ALL of this junk.
>> No. 127331
File 128882991585.gif - (17.40KB , 850x620 , 128865347921.gif ) [iqdb]
127331
>>127323
i dont think thats marisa
>> No. 127333
>>127327

Motherfucker.

[x] Eat the mushroom to grow bigger and be less burdened by inventory.
>> No. 127334
>>127330
[x] scan through the book the note was on top of
[x] put mushroom in backpack
[x] open and read one of the letters
>> No. 127338
>>127331
Oh. Spilled ink.
>> No. 127390
[x] put mushroom in backpack
[x] open and read one of the letters
>> No. 127403
>>127333
Hey, why not?

[x] Eat the mushroom.
[x] Examine spider.

...Also, we are at Marisa's house.

Where the Beer Spider lived. Lives?
>> No. 127441
>>127403
I suspect our little spider will end up growing up to be the Beer Spider.
>> No. 127457
Time to take off some load.

[x] Equip note and read it
-[x] Then put it where you found it
[x] Eat mushroom
>> No. 127527
File 128891197024.gif - (15.86KB , 886x646 , 127.gif ) [iqdb]
127527
>>127334
>Scan through the book
It's a fairly old-looking book. A thin layer of dust rests upon its nameless cover. The table of contents is a list of names which don't seem to be in any particular order...

"Hakurei, Reimu; Margatroid, Alice; Scarlet, Flandre..."

The list goes on. Going further in, it appears to be some kind of encyclopedia made up of who I can only assume are her various acquaintances.
>> No. 127529
File 12889128043.gif - (15.41KB , 895x617 , 128.gif ) [iqdb]
127529
>>127457
>>127390
>>127334
>Open and read one of the letters
Well, the letters are all already opened, so...

"Marisa!!

When are you going to visit next?
I miss you!!
You can come by whenever!!

I hope to see you soon!!
-Flandre!!!"

I open another.

"Hi, Marisa!!

It has been so long since you last visited!
I really really miss you, Marisa!!
You can come by whenever!!

Please come soon, I miss you!
-Flandre!!"

And another.

"Marisa!!

Meiling came to play with me!
It was tons of fun, you should have been there!!
You can come by whenever!!

We looked at the stars together!!
-Flandre!"

Upon taking out a few more, it becomes apparent that they're all pretty much just like this. It looks like this person is a friend of Marisa's, though she seems pretty young. None of the letters have dates or addresses on them.
>> No. 127530
File 128891297678.gif - (12.04KB , 816x589 , 129.gif ) [iqdb]
127530
>>127457
>>127403
>>127333
>Eat the mushroom
Eurgh... These don't look very safe to eat... I joked about eating them before, but if you insist.

Down the hatch...!
>> No. 127531
[ ] DON'T eat the mushroom!
>> No. 127532
File 128891308731.gif - (13.17KB , 811x637 , 130.gif ) [iqdb]
127532
...

...

...Well, it didn't taste very good, but I guess I'm fine? I mean, it's not like there's been any side effects from eating it...


...Yet.
>> No. 127546
At least we didn't crush the mushroom into a fine powder and sniff it all up like some sort of moron.
>> No. 127551
>>127546
I'm surprised the 'fine geniuses' here didn't do so; eating a strange mushroom in itself was a 'smart' move.
>> No. 127562
Well, since this thread is already in autosage, I wouldn't mind if this space was maybe used for criticism? This community seems to rarely give it, but I'd really like some. I can tell that I'm a mediocre author, and I get the feeling the only reason I even have readers is solely because of the pretty pictures.

then again there's a chance no one will even see this post
>> No. 127571
>>127562
Not true, the format of your story is interesting and so is your tale, I've heard it spoke rather highly of in various circles, including IRC.

The only thing I would say to improve: Shorten your hiatuses.
>> No. 127575
>>127562
I'm actually perfectly fine with the way this story is set up, precisely because your "pretty pictures" make this a unique experience. I mean, everything is being custom-drawn as we go through each update, and I appreciate the effort greatly. After all, Sanae's personalized "Enjoy your stay!" gift card is too precious to forget.

If you're really looking for some criticism, I think the lack of author-provided choices scares away some potential voters until someone else writes something to bandwagon over. But then that's the same with every other story update that ends in "[ ] Write-in."

The updates themselves may be short and sweet, and I actually like them that way to fit with the images, but the narrative seems to progress a bit slowly, considering the new thread marks the fourth for the story and we've barely done anything beyond going to Kourin's and back. So maybe it might be good to pick up the pace by adding more content to each update.

Aside from those things, I got nothing. I hope it's helpful enough.
>> No. 127579
>>127571 and >>127575 Summarize my thoughts perfectly. Pick up the pace a bit, don't go on long-ass hiatii, and update often. Other than that, we love you.