[Return]
Archived Thread

File 127016961653.jpg - (273.58KB , 500x500 , 2b1dcbe55914eafc5b434817f83b04d4.jpg ) [iqdb]
115992 No. 115992
[x] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [x] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [x] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[x] See if you can go visit...
- [x] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!

“I'm afraid this is the most suitable garment I could find... nothing of our own nightclothes I think would fit you all too comfortably.” said Ran frowning slightly, “I hope it will be suitable for you the night? I will have your clothes ready for you in the morning.”

Adjusting the sash of the yukata, you shake your head, “It's fine Ran, don't worry about it. These are actually rather comfortable to wear really, I think I should get one myself...”

The kitsune chuckled, “I'm certain Lady Yukari wouldn't mind giving it to you. I imagine you are going to retire for the night?”

“Well, I am rather tired. I'm afraid I'm not used to Yukari time.” you say with a chuckle, examining your hair in the mirror.

“It does take some getting used to to be honest...” the shikigami chuckled, “Your hair is actually quite long Reina, perhaps I can show you some new styles sometime.”

“I haven't done anything new with my hair in ages, it took me long enough to figure out how to do it myself. That does sound like an interesting offer, perhaps I'll take you up on it sometime.”

Ran smiled and gestured out the door, “Anytime Reina, now if you'll follow me I'll lead you to your room.”

“Actually, uhm... if it isn't too much of a bother could I perhaps sleep in Yukari's room?” you ask hesitatingly, the shikigami looking at you curiously, “It's just well, uhm... after what happened and all I just kind of thought I uhm...”

“Say no more Reina, I understand. I'm certain Lady Yukari will have no objections, although I can't promise she'll use just that room but... very well, I will lead you to her room and then inform her of your decision.”

~

Yukari didn't join you when you went to bed, the shikigami pointing out she had only been awake for a few hours. Still, someone was in that futon now, if only because you could feel hands firmly squeezing your chest, and you had been sleeping so peacefully...

“Yukari...” you sigh, prying the hands off your chest.

The youkai chuckled, “You just left yourself open like that Reina! Asleep in my room, wearing just a yukata... no bra either! It's like you had a sign on saying, 'Please squeeze my boobs Yukari!”

Sighing again, you sit up in the futon, adjusting your yukata, “You know very well it wasn't an open invitation, I just thought you may like the company is all.”

“Oh I do enjoy the company, don't get me wrong. It's even better when they have squishy pillows too.” stated Yukari with a nod, “Though I suspect you are doing this out of what happened earlier, rather then any real desire to sleep in my room.”

“Uhm, well that may be a part of it... I'm just kind of used to having someone to sleep with too and uhm... n-nevermind.”

The blonde tapped her head, “You do remember I know your thoughts when I read the grimoire right? It is quite touching to know you hold me in such high regard. But my, my... Reimu, Yuuka, and even me? I never thought you had it in you.” she teased with a grin, “Not that I can't say it isn't flattering... still, you best not go hurting Reimu or I'll hold you responsible you know!”

Damn youkai and her grimoire reading power, nothing was a secret from her was it? Maybe you should see if Valeria could stop recording your every thought...

I'm afraid it is my duty to do so mistress Reina, I apologize.” she answered matter-of-factly.

“I can see none of my thoughts are sacred huh?” you say with a sigh.

“Oh they're sacred! I don't go telling anyone else you know~. Well, maybe except Ran... but if you wanted, I could always tell Aya or something. I'm sure she'd appreciate the juicy scoop.”

Thinking of the tengu's newspaper you didn't suspect many would read it but... it would only take one to spread the word. And it would be sort of odd to read about yourself in that paper again... still, you're pretty sure Yukari wouldn't do that. Pretty sure anyway.

“Well I guess just two people knowing my thoughts would be better then every reader Aya has...” you admit with a chuckle, “do you, uhm... want to talk about what happened earlier?”

The youkai frowned, silent for a moment, “I'd prefer not too. I can tell you that whatever damage I did wasn't permanent but I fear it may have set things into motion but... I'm certain you're safe. Just do try to not go wandering off on your own, stay with your friends. I would tell you more but...” she shook her head, “not now, this is a happy month after all. And if there's no danger, I don't want you needlessly worrying.”

Well, it was a bit late to not being worried at least a bit. You had after all seen who knows what in your mind, and it was looking for you specifically. That didn't exactly happen on a daily basis.

“I'll do what I can Yukari. I hope you can at least say your little plan did have its intended effect, right?”

“Oh but of course! Maybe not as well as originally planned but... I'm willing to sacrifice a bit in exchange for your safety. It'll be a nice surprise the next time you duel someone!” Yukari chuckled, “Well I'll keep my hands off you now Reina, I'll make sure to ask next time~. Oh and those rings Remilia gave you? I will make the note that Reimu really does like the color red...”

You were not going to have this conversation! It wasn't like you had ever thought of using those rings... right? Right?

~

“I have prepared the gap for you Reina, just step on through and it will bring you to Yuuka's. When you wish to come back merely use the cellphone I gave you, I'll open up the way for you. Although do try to be close to where you entered... or at least tell me.” explained Ran,

Adjusting the scarf around your neck, you nod, “Of course, don't worry Ran. Thanks for letting me do this by the way.”

“Ah, don't mention it. I'm sure Lady Yukari wouldn't want you cooped up in here all day after all. Have a pleasant trip, do try to come back before lunch however.”

Reassuring the shikigami that you won't be long, it was after all quite cold in Gensokyo and even in your winter clothes you couldn't tolerate it for long. Bidding her farewell once more you take a step through the gap and... end up crashing face first into the snow. Seems Ran may not have the best aim with gaps...

Getting to your feet you brush some snow off of you before knocking on the door to Yuuka's house, there is a pause before the door creaks open.

“My, my if it wasn't my little flower... you know it's quite cold this time of season, and yet you go out of your way come see me? You know I wish you wouldn't risk it little flower...”

“Er, d-don't worry Yuuka, I mean I'd love to stay for a while but uhm... well, I just thought you could use the company. Even if it's just for a little while is all and well...”

The flower youkai cocks her head to the side, “Ah, I see. I can smell Yukari on you, it would seem she is giving you shelter for now... it is much too early for her to be awake, you must've gotten the help of her familiar? She is smart enough, very well. Come on in Reina, it isn't much warmer in here but it will be more hospitable I imagine.”

“Are you doing well Yuuka? I can't imagine there's much for you to do in the winter...”

“I'm doing quite well my little flower, but it is true, there isn't much I do during this season. It is the season of another youkai entirely, we do not often get too well along due to our... conflicting interests. This is your first winter in Gensokyo, how are you finding it Reina?”

“It's cold. Never got this cold back home.” you comment, taking a seat at the table, “But the snow is so beautiful... I've never seen it before, like this anyway. I've seen it on the mountains from far away and all but...”

The youkai offers you a cup of tea, which you note seems freshly made, “Humans all seem to have some fascination with snow. I do not see the appeal for it myself... snow is only for a season, yet flowers last much longer. Yet it seems, only snow captures the human heart...”

“T-that's not true! I find flowers very beautiful too Yuuka! It's just uhm... well, snow is just... new right now. I still can't wait for spring, when I can see all the flowers in bloom again.”

“And I look forward to showing you them, my little flower. The winter at least gives me time to plan what I shall grow in the following season, I still long one day to create a flower that can endure even the winter...”

“Have you tried to do that before?” you ask curiously.

The youkai shrugs, “A few times. It is not an easy task, and I have not met with much success. I'm sure in a few centuries I'll be able to perfect it, who knows? That isn't important right now little flower, tell me what brings you here? Or did you merely wish to bask in my presence?” she asked with a slight chuckle.

- - -

Did you actually have a plan? Hm...
[ ] You did want to talk... (write-in)
[ ] Just wanted to see she was alright, maybe you'll see about visiting...
- [ ] Reimu?
- [ ] Marisa?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

System:
> Gained “Cellphone from Ran”

Look, one more thread and we'll be double-digits!

>> No. 115995
[X] Just wanted to see she was alright, maybe you'll see about visiting...
- [X] Reimu?
- [X] Marisa?

We're already out here, might as well visit a few of the others before lunch break ends.
>> No. 116019
[x] Just wanted to see she was alright, maybe you'll see about visiting...
- [x] Reimu?
>> No. 116022
[X] "Is there something wrong with that? A little flower needs a ray of sunshine each and every day!"
- [X] Speaking of which, when was the last time Yuuka went out? Maybe she would like to accompany you for a nice warm cup of tea over at the village somewhere... or maybe even over at the shrine?
-- [X] If not, you can always just give her a parting hug, and head on over to visit Reimu by yourself.

Why not? It would probably be a good idea to get the two most important ladies in Reina's life more comfortable with each other. Plus, hot tea is the second best thing on a cold day!

The best is hot chocolate!
>> No. 116023
[x] "Is there something wrong with that? A little flower needs a ray of sunshine each and every day!"
- [x] Speaking of which, when was the last time Yuuka went out? Maybe she would like to accompany you for a nice warm cup of tea over at the village somewhere... or maybe even over at the shrine?
-- [x] If not, you can always just give her a parting hug, and head on over to visit Reimu by yourself.
I can get behind this.
>> No. 116029
[X] "Is there something wrong with that? A little flower needs a ray of sunshine each and every day!"
- [X] Speaking of which, when was the last time Yuuka went out? Maybe she would like to accompany you for a nice warm cup of tea over at the village somewhere... or maybe even over at the shrine?
-- [X] If not, you can always just give her a parting hug, and head on over to visit Reimu by yourself.

works well for me.
>> No. 116030
[X] "Is there something wrong with that? A little flower needs a ray of sunshine each and every day!"
- [X] Speaking of which, when was the last time Yuuka went out? Maybe she would like to accompany you for a nice warm cup of tea over at the village somewhere... or maybe even over at the shrine?
-- [X] If not, you can always just give her a parting hug, and head on over to visit Reimu by yourself.
>> No. 116064
[x] "Is there something wrong with that? A little flower needs a ray of sunshine each and every day!"
- [x] Speaking of which, when was the last time Yuuka went out? Maybe she would like to accompany you for a nice warm cup of tea over at the village somewhere... or maybe even over at the shrine?
-- [x] If not, you can always just give her a parting hug, and head on over to visit Reimu by yourself.

Yes.
>> No. 116094
File 127043571652.jpg - (80.88KB , 548x631 , 90dad7e1c685d9829cdd51711151b815.jpg ) [iqdb]
116094
[x] "Is there something wrong with that? A little flower needs a ray of sunshine each and every day!"
- [x] Speaking of which, when was the last time Yuuka went out? Maybe she would like to accompany you for a nice warm cup of tea over at the village somewhere... or maybe even over at the shrine?
-- [x] If not, you can always just give her a parting hug, and head on over to visit Reimu by yourself.

You grin at Yuuka, “Is there something wrong with a flower wanting to bask in the rays of the sun?”

The youkai gave you an odd look, and if you weren't imagining it you think she was blushing... just a little bit. She seems to be hiding her face behind her tea cup, coughing lightly.

“I must say little flower, I didn't expect that response.” she chuckles, placing her cup on the table once more, her expression normal, “It's very flattering. And while a flower needs the sun, it also needs warmth, so don't stay out too long my little flower.”

“I won't be out too long, I'm kind of on the clock. Still, I have a few hours...” you take a sip of the tea before giving Yuuka a curious look, “you want to spend it with me? I was thinking of going to the shrine to visit Reimu, but if you don't want to see her we could do something in the village...”

Yuuka stares down at her cup, there is a pause before she looks up at you with a smile, “Very well. I have been holed up a bit too long in here I suppose. However, I think it best if I do not accompany you through the village. The villagers do not like seeing me very much, and I wouldn't - “

“No, no that won't do at all!” you interrupted with a huff, “I don't care what the villagers think of you, or my association with you. You're my friend Yuuka, and it doesn't matter to me what they think. I know you're a kind person.”

The green-haired woman chuckles, shaking her head slowly, “My how you've grown up Reina. You were such a weak, timid little flower when I first met you. Seems you've grown strong, deep roots now, no longer in danger of blowing away in the breeze...” she rises from her seat, hold out her hand towards you, “very well little flower, shall we get going?”

~

As was the normal, the villagers seemed to do their best to avoid walking anywhere within reach of you as you and Yuuka walked through the village enroute to the shrine. Some of them seemed to be muttering amongst themselves, but you couldn't hear anything in particular. You suspected Yuuka did, as she would occasionally throw a glare in the direction of them, and they'd quickly hush up and scatter from view.

You attempted to ask what they were talking about, but the youkai would merely smile and shake her head, occasionally gently patting you on the head. The trip up to the shrine itself was uneventful, no youkai daring to emerge from the woods to inhibit your progress with Yuuka at your side.

The outside of the shrine is covered in snow, with only a single path to the shrine cleared of snow. As expected, there is no sign of Reimu outside. Entering the shrine to find Reimu, you are disappointed and worried to find the inside isn't much warmer then outside... then again, it should be little surprise given the structure of the shrine. You hope the red-white wasn't freezing in here like back at your house.

After a quick search of the shrine, you managed to locate the shrine maiden hidden under her kotatsu. She regarded the two of you with a lazy wave, more focused on reading some book.

“Seems even the shrine maiden gets lazy in the winter.” remarks Yuuka with a smirk,

Shrugging, you rub your gloved hands together as you walk over to Reimu, trying to get a peek at what she's reading, “What are you reading anyway Reimu?”

She seems to snap out of a daze, looking up at you and quickly shutting the book with a surprised yelp, hiding it under the kotatsu. Reimu scrambles to sit up, keeping her legs under the kotatsu as she coughs into her hand.

“Er, nothing important. A-anyway! What brings you here? A-and with Yuuka even! Er, ah, geez... I wasn't expecting this at all really. I don't even have a tea set ready or anything...” admitted the miko with a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of her head.

“I will tend to the tea then, if you have no objections shrine maiden?” asks the youkai with a smirk.

Reimu waved her hand dismissively at Yuuka, “Sure, go ahead. I guess you're used to the cold or something anyway... you know how I like my tea right?” she asks cautiously, raising an eyebrow.

“I do not imagine your tastes have changed. I will be back in a moment.”

The maiden watched Yuuka leave, her eyes watching her even as her footsteps faded from hearing, then when she couldn't hear them anymore, she snapped her attention to you. Gesturing to the otherside of the kotatsu, she gave you a welcoming smile.

“So what brings you along Reina? I may have heard through the grapevine about your house is swarming with kappa right now.”

You shrug, “I decided it needed better heating. You know, the shrine could do with some heating too I think... I can't imagine it being much fun having to take shelter in a kotatsu all day.”

“I've thought about it but, it's just you know... this shrine has been here for generations in its original state. Even after it got demolished... I just can't really bring myself to change it is all.” she sighs and shakes her head, “Perhaps I cling too much to the family traditions. Still, I'm more used to the weather here then you.” Reimu glances towards the hallway, “You know, I've heard from Marisa that the villagers really wonder about you sometimes, keeping company with Yuuka and all. I mean, I don't mind myself, but... I just figured you might want to know is all.”

“I really don't get why everyone is so afraid of her, she's really nice. I guess she might seem kind of... frightening, and she doesn't ever seem to call people by name but...” you trail off and shrug, “I just think no one bothers to be friendly to her.”

Reimu chuckles and shakes her head, “Even amongst youkai, Yuuka is well-known for her power. The villagers know she's a friendly person, really they do. It's just... she's... well, she can snap at any given moment. If you do something that offends her, it'll probably be the last thing you ever do. So when she comes around, people suddenly start to be extremely cautious, or try to do nothing at all.” the miko shrugs, “At least, that's what I think it is. The villagers like their gossip anyway, and they always make more of it.”

- - -

Winter with Reimu:
[ ] Talk with Reimu (write-in)
[ ] Why not see if Reimu will stay at Yukari's? It's cold in the shrine...
[ ] Other (write-in)

Blaarrgggh.
I hate myself sometimes.
>> No. 116096
[x] Why not see if Reimu will stay at Yukari's? It's cold in the shrine...
-[x] That is unless it'd interfere with her work
[x] Talk with her
-[x] Ask about winters in Gensokyo, since this is kinda new to you.

it's a start.
>> No. 116097
[x] Why not see if Reimu will stay at Yukari's? It's cold in the shrine...
-[x] That is unless it'd interfere with her work
[x] Talk with her
-[x] Ask about her activities in winter.

I honestly don't think that will interfere with her work. Specially because she isn't doing a damned thing.
>> No. 116098
>>116097
what if she actually has to stay at the shrine to maintain the border?
>> No. 116099
is there an upload of first 2 threads of RiG?
The two links in archive are broken
http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/93628.html
http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/96609.html
>> No. 116100
[x] Why not see if Reimu will stay at Yukari's? It's cold in the shrine...
-[x] ...unless it'd interfere with her work.
[x] Talk with her:
-[x] Ask about her activities in winter.
-[x] Ask about winters in Gensokyo, since this is kinda new to you.

Order those last two in whichever way earns maximum Reimu points.
>> No. 116101
[x] Why not see if Reimu will stay at Yukari's? It's cold in the shrine...
-[x] ...unless it'd interfere with her work.
[x] Talk with her:
-[x] Ask about her activities in winter.
-[x] Ask about winters in Gensokyo, since this is kinda new to you.
>> No. 116103
[x] Why not see if Reimu will stay at Yukari's? It's cold in the shrine...
-[x] ...unless it'd interfere with her work.
[x] Talk with her:
-[x] Ask about her activities in winter.
-[x] Ask about winters in Gensokyo, since this is kinda new to you.
>> No. 116652
File 127130007078.jpg - (290.99KB , 656x1000 , 3804ac6508f63c8b100c3bd39a679a3f.jpg ) [iqdb]
116652
[x] Why not see if Reimu will stay at Yukari's? It's cold in the shrine...
-[x] ...unless it'd interfere with her work.
[x] Talk with her:
-[x] Ask about her activities in winter.
-[x] Ask about winters in Gensokyo, since this is kinda new to you.

“I suppose gossip is just something that people like to make and pass around eh?” you say with a light chuckle, “On another note Reimu, uhm... this might sound kind of odd but ah, do you think you'd like to come stay at Yukari's? She's housing me until the kappa are done at my house, so...”

“At Yukari's? She actually let you stay there? My, she really does like you or something...” the miko frowns slightly, “I'm not too sure. It's just me and Yukari well... she's not a bad person, don't get me wrong, but she has such a love of teasing me all the time. I don't know if I could stand living with her for a time...”

“Well, the kappa should only take a few days to finish their work I hope, but if you want to stay here I can't really force you to do anything.”

The red-white chuckles and shakes her head, “Nope, you couldn't. Even when I go easy on you, I still kick your butt in a spar. I'll think on it, though I wonder if it's appropriate for a guest to invite someone to stay at a place that isn't their own.”

“Ah, Yukari looks laidback enough to not care anyway.” you point out matter of factly.

“A bit of wisdom in Gensokyo, watch out for the laidback ones.” countered Reimu with a sly smirk,

“You should also pay attention to the polite ones.” interrupted Yuuka, announcing her presence in the room, “Only young and foolish youkai act wild. The stronger they are, the better they are at hiding that power.”

Reimu casts a nervous glance to Yuuka, carefully taking the offered tea, “Er, I was about to mention that too of course. You're a pretty good example of the strong, but polite one eh?”

The youkai chuckles, “Am I now? I wonder...”

“Ah, besides being really cold... how is winter around here anyway? You know like uhm... I guess... ah... well, actually maybe I really don't know what I mean...” you admit with a light chuckle.

“Winter is a pretty good season I'd think in Gensokyo really. The wild youkai are usually not as aggressive, since they don't like the cold just as much as you do. There's some youkai that are more active in this season yes, but that's usually fairies. They aren't very violent or anything to start with.”

Yuuka glanced to Reimu, who seem to motion it was fine for her to speak, “In addition, the plants are more suitable to travel as well. For instance, the Forest of Magic is often quite dangerous with is variety of plants that eat youkai and humans alike, during the winter most of these plants are no longer a problem. If you wanted to do any traveling little flower, winter is the time to do so.”

“I might feel more inclined to travel if it wasn't so cold out! Even when I'm all bundled up, it feels like I have ice forming on my skin.” you say with a groan, shaking your head.

Reimu chuckles, “You get used to it after a while, don't worry about it Reina. Also, if you're staying at Yukari's I'm sure she or Ran would be happy to help you get around. They can after all go pretty much everywhere, if not everywhere really.”

“I didn't ever think of that really. I suppose it's good food for thought... ah! I almost forgot, thank you for the tea Yuuka.”

“Don't mention it little flower, I was wondering how long it would take you.” she admitted with a light chuckle, “I trust you like what I selected for you?”

“Yes, it's delicious! Did you add your additions to it?” you ask curiously.

“One never knows when she'll need to make tea.” Yuuka replies knowingly, “I made sure to prepare more this year then usual, I imagined I would have to make tea for you at least a few times. Perhaps next year I shall experiment with something new...”

“What do you during the winter anyway Yuuka? Brainstorm ideas for next seasons flowers?”

Yuuka chuckles and nods her head slowly, “More or less little flower. I do occasionally ponder the idea of creating flowers that would only bloom in the winter... but as I believe you recall, it isn't as easy as you may think, even for someone like me.”

“Flowers in winter? Now that would be something to see...” mused Reimu, “you don't think you could make some fruit-bearing plants in the winter for me, eh?”

“Now why would you need that shrine maiden? After all don't you have my little flower to provide you with food?” comments the flower youkai slyly, “Or are you not content with her generosity?”

“Er, of course I appreciate Reina's food! I was just uhm, you know... t-thinking aloud is all. Nevermind...” mumbled the miko.

- - -

Drinkin' tea at the shrine:
[ ] Time skip to Christmas party?
[ ] Or did you have something you wanted to do? (write-in)

So why the “bad” options? Because I'm really scrapping the bottom of the bucket now for ideas on what to do. I'm just really getting drained, not to mention the stuff that's coming up in RiG after the end of the year within the CYOA I have barely thought out.

RiG will be, unfortunantely, put on a hiatus sometime soon while I start up another CYOA to keep my writing fresh. I'll use that time to plot out the stuff happening next in RiG, so I'll have more ideas to go off of.
>> No. 116659
[x] See how Marisa and Alice are doing
Not bad. I wonder how is their relationship going?
>> No. 116660
[x] See how Marisa and Alice are doing
>> No. 116670
[X] Take the time later today to ask Yukari to help you with finding some special materials; unique woods, and such. With Christmas coming up you're going to need presents, and... wouldn't it be nice to give Reimu and Yuuka something that you made yourself?
-[X] Like a little wooden flower, or something like that for Yuuka?
-[X] And a little wooden wealth charm for Reimu?
-[X] ... maybe Yukari deserves something special too, if she helps you out with this.
--[X] How about a locket? You can put in a message to thank her or something like that.

Christmas is coming up folks. We need presents for the most important ladies in our life.
>> No. 116671
[ø] See how Marisa and Alice are doing

[ø] Take the time later today to ask Yukari to help you with finding some special materials; unique woods, and such. With Christmas coming up you're going to need presents, and... wouldn't it be nice to give Reimu and Yuuka something that you made yourself?
-[ø] Like a little wooden flower, or something like that for Yuuka?
-[ø] And a little wooden wealth charm for Reimu?
-[ø] ... maybe Yukari deserves something special too, if she helps you out with this.
--[ø] How about a locket? You can put in a message to thank her or something like that.

Vote combining.
>> No. 116672
[X] See how Marisa and Alice are doing

[X] Take the time later today to ask Yukari to help you with finding some special materials; unique woods, and such. With Christmas coming up you're going to need presents, and... wouldn't it be nice to give Reimu and Yuuka something that you made yourself?
-[X] Like a little wooden flower, or something like that for Yuuka?
-[X] And a little wooden wealth charm for Reimu?
-[X] ... maybe Yukari deserves something special too, if she helps you out with this.
--[X] How about a locket? You can put in a message to thank her or something like that.
>> No. 116673
[X] See how Marisa and Alice are doing

[X] Take the time later today to ask Yukari to help you with finding some special materials; unique woods, and such. With Christmas coming up you're going to need presents, and... wouldn't it be nice to give Reimu and Yuuka something that you made yourself?
-[X] Like a little wooden flower, or something like that for Yuuka?
-[X] And a little wooden wealth charm for Reimu?
-[X] ... maybe Yukari deserves something special too, if she helps you out with this.
--[X] How about a locket? You can put in a message to thank her or something like that.
>> No. 116675
[X] See how Marisa and Alice are doing

[X] Take the time later today to ask Yukari to help you with finding some special materials; unique woods, and such. With Christmas coming up you're going to need presents, and... wouldn't it be nice to give Reimu and Yuuka something that you made yourself?
-[X] Like a little wooden flower, or something like that for Yuuka?
-[X] And a little wooden wealth charm for Reimu?
-[X] ... maybe Yukari deserves something special too, if she helps you out with this.
--[X] How about a locket? You can put in a message to thank her or something like that.
>> No. 116676
Kriss, you wouldn't happen to have the 1st and 2nd thread downloaded, would you?

If you do, would you mind uploading them somewhere?
>> No. 116678
[X] See how Marisa and Alice are doing
[x] Take the time later today to ask Yukari to help you with finding some special materials; unique woods, and such. With Christmas coming up you're going to need presents, and... wouldn't it be nice to give Reimu and Yuuka something that you made yourself?
-[x] Like a little wooden flower, or something like that for Yuuka?
-[x] And a little wooden wealth charm for Reimu?
-[x] ... maybe Yukari deserves something special too, if she helps you out with this.
--[x] How about a locket? You can put in a message to thank her or something like that.
>> No. 116752
>>116676
Threads 1-7 have been ziped and archived :P
http://www.sentrygun.com/touhou/threads/RiG_01-07.zip
>> No. 116753
>>116752

Thanks.
>> No. 116754
>>116752
>:P

Don't do that
>> No. 116818
Update from me here. Been suffering with a... extremely "quirky" net for the past week which has been killing my mood, due to the inability to play with my friends or talk to them (without frequent disconnects).

I'll try to get something up soon... I hope. The whole Marisa/Alice visit throws off the flow of things.
>> No. 117141
File 127281323795.jpg - (382.62KB , 1378x981 , aau56.jpg ) [iqdb]
117141
[X] See how Marisa and Alice are doing
[x] Take the time later today to ask Yukari to help you with finding some special materials; unique woods, and such. With Christmas coming up you're going to need presents, and... wouldn't it be nice to give Reimu and Yuuka something that you made yourself?
-[x] Like a little wooden flower, or something like that for Yuuka?
-[x] And a little wooden wealth charm for Reimu?
-[x] ... maybe Yukari deserves something special too, if she helps you out with this.
--[x] How about a locket? You can put in a message to thank her or something like that.

Yukari tapped her fan against the table, “Christmas presents? Well, I guess it is around that time isn't it~? Reina so thoughtful, thinking of her lovely friends! And no, no she just won't go buy any old thing, she wants to make it herself!” she laughs, a wide grin on her face, “What do you think Ran?”

“I'm sure I can think of something Lady Yukari. Though I will admit, I haven't really ever thought of materials before... this is a bit outside my usual line of thinking.”

“Er, well I can just use what I have at home you know...” you say nervously, rubbing the back of your neck.

The gap youkai lightly taps you on the forehead with her fan, “No, no! That simply won't do! You wanted something special to work with, and Gensokyo will provide! Don't think you'll trouble poor Ran, I'm sure she relishes the idea of getting to do something besides cook or something.”

The shikigami chuckled, she gestured down the hallway, “Well then, how about we get started now? I believe I recall a book in the library that should have what we're looking for.”

After your time out with Reimu and Yuuka, and after some lunch at the Yakumo household, you had started to think of the upcoming Christmas. Considering your past experiences with Christmas had been mostly solo experiences, and had crushed the common childhood dream that Santa Claus existed (not that you thought that he was real of course!), this would be your first time having actual friends to spend it with.

This meant you would need gifts to give. Sure, you could just buy something down in the village perhaps, but on the other hand you had started to pick up some good skill at crafting little objects, so why not make something handmade? A gift from the heart was better then the gift bought with a roll of money after all... or so you thought anyway. You had considered just using your normal stocks back at home, but it seemed Yukari wasn't going to have any of that, still perhaps working with something new wouldn't be all bad.

The shikigami had covered the desk in the room with various books, some rather small and others looking big enough to be used to crush someone's skull with. Ran hummed to herself as she read through bits of the books, jotting down some notes in an odd shorthand on a notepad.

“Alright, that should do it. Now then, let me get you a map...” stated the shikigami, gathering up the books and placing them away before placing a map on the desk, “I suppose unsurprisingly, most of what I found is from the Forest of Magic. There's some up on the Youkai Mountain as well, as well as some in the Underground but... I wouldn't recommend that.”

Peering at the map, you notice Ran has circled several locations in the Forest of Magic, there are a few on the mountain, and then some odd, lonely circles out in the middle of nowhere. Glancing to the notepad, you can make out Ran's shorthand but it's just incomprehensible gibberish to you.

Even I can't make it out. I do believe it is truly a writing of her own.” comments Valeria,

“Well, I'm not even sure what all these circles really mean Ran...”

The shikigami chuckled, “Ah, right of course... my apologies. I'm a bit too used to working with Lady Yukari.” she grabbed her notepad and flipped the page, scribbling furiously, “I forgot you do not know my shorthand. My apologies.”

Ran handed the notepad back to you, the new page now filled with readable words. You note the circles on the map are numbered, and her notes identify what each circle represents. Each circle seems to be a particular grove of trees, or at least a location a type of tree is to be found in. Some of the woods in the list, such as yew or ebony, you've heard of before. However, some are completely new to you, and if you had to guess sound almost mythological, such as Yggdrasil or Jievaras.

“Some of these sound familiar to me but...” you point a finger to Yggdrasil, “isn't this a tree from some sort of mythology?”

Norse religion actually. Yggdrasil is the world tree.

Ran chuckles and smiles coyly, “While it isn't the same tree of the legends, you must keep in mind that Gensokyo works in mysterious ways. Things you could only imagine, or only exist in writing in your world, are very much real here. From what I've heard the wood of that tree has magical effects, I believe it is very long-lasting and durable as well. It isn't used very often however, not so much out of rarity, but due to its location in the Forest of Magic. Rather deep in as well, and I believe you require special tools to cut it down.”

Well guess Gensokyo does work in mysterious ways. You could probably get that on a t-shirt or something...

“I don't even really know what to pick, haha... I have some ideas in mind so I don't need a lot of wood. I'm only thinking of making some small objects but... these new things sound interesting but I'm not sure how good of a decoration they would make...”

“Normal wood would be rather simple, easy to work with but... considering the kind of friends you have and if you want them to keep it for a long period of time...” the shikigami rubs her chin thoughtfully, “who were you thinking of making gifts for?”

“Uhm, well that is ah... something for Reimu and Yuuka I think and uhm... w-well, Yukari too I guess for all she's done for me.” you mumble quietly, your face a bit blush.

“Awwww, how flattering~.” said Yukari teasingly,

Jumping in surprise, you land on the floor with a thud. The youkai stands over you, her fan probably strategically placed to hide the grin she was sporting, she offers you a hand and pulls you to your feet.

“Did you really have to eavesdrop? I mean, you know you'd probably read all this in the grimoire tonight anyway.” you ask with a sigh.

“Well, I wasn't really eavesdropping per se... I can more or less hear what Ran hears sometimes. So in a way, speaking with her is like speaking with me! And to answer, yes I could. But seeing the reaction in-person is so much more amusing~.”

The shikigami leaned over to whisper in your ear, “She's lieing. Actually she can only hear what we talk about when she has a gap nearby.”

Yukari made a pouting face, “Awww, don't ruin the mystery Ran! Always have to ruin my fun, hmph.”

“I apologize Lady Yukari, but I think she might appreciate the knowledge if she ever wanted to talk about something...” she paused and frowned slightly, “although I suppose you'd figure out when you decided to check up on her story. Well, guess she really can't keep secrets from you for long.”

“Nope, not at all. Sometimes I think she understands me more then I know myself. It's a little unsettling really...”

“I keep all the juicy bits to myself, honest!” the youkai laughed, snapping her fan shut, “Well, with the knowledge of what you want to make... I think I have the perfect ideas! Let's see, we'll need some things to get them but... I think I can have them for you in a day or so. Might be a bit rushed to finish in time but... I know you can do it! I doubt there's a craftswoman in Gensokyo better then you in your art.”

Blushing slightly, you look away from Yukari, “I-I'm not that good, really... I guess I just happen to have a rare skill or something is all.”

“Don't sell yourself short now, I've spoken to Lady Remilia about this and from I can tell you really are quite skilled. I would think even in the outside world you would likely rank rather high. In Gensokyo however, you are without peer. At least in the restoring aspect, maybe less so in the actual making but... I'm sure you'll progress very nicely.” stated Ran matter-of-factly,

“Of course she will! Now then, I think it's time for good girls to go to bed while I get some preparations set up. In the morning, would you bring Reina to the forest Ran? You'll need to borrow some things from Marisa, and you can just leave Reina there until you're done.”

The shikigami cocked her head to the side, “Of course Lady Yukari. But what's stopping you from just getting it now?”

“Oh, well you know. I just thought she'd like to see her friend! I'm not about to interrupt Marisa's sleep over something so trivial.” said Yukari, waving her hand dismissively,

“Very well, come along then Reina. Would you like a bath before you go to bed?”

~

The smoke rising from the chimney of Marisa's house signaled she was home, or so you hoped anyway. Leaving a fireplace going with no one home, especially with all the clutter in that house, seemed like an invitation to disaster. Ran had knocked on the door but when there wasn't a response, she tested the door knob and the door swung open. Shrugging, she invited herself inside and you followed. There wasn't a sign of Marisa on the ground floor, but Ran seemed to know what she was looking for, quickly rummaging through the various piles in the room before gathering up some various tools and bottles.

“Just wait here, I will be back to bring you home when I'm finished. I don't think it'll take too long.”

Rubbing your gloved hands together, you glance outside, “Are you sure you don't want me coming with you? I feel a little guilty having you go out of your way to do this...”

“Don't worry about it at all. Besides, no offense, but bringing you along would only invite more trouble. It might be winter, but the Forest of Magic still has some dangers. I would not wish to place you in harm's way. Do not worry about me, there's hardly anything here even remotely capable of harming a hair on my head.”

You smile and nod your head, “Alright, I guess I'd prefer to not become youkai food. Thank you Ran.”

The shikigami smiled and waved before heading out, quietly closing the door behind her. Marisa's house seemed largely the same as last time, perhaps there were more objects in the piles then before, but the overall look seemed the same. Wandering around the first floor yields no sign of Marisa, or any life, your curiosity roused you decided to head upstairs.

The upstairs seems noticeably cleaner then the downstairs, at least there seems to be piles of junk littering the hallways. Most of the doors are closed, but you do however find one that is opened a bit. Heading down the hallway, you cautiously peer into the room. It looks like a bedroom, though you still notice some junk littered about (does Marisa keep any part of this house clean?).

Not too long after you notice the junk, you also notice the room isn't empty. And you also notice some of that 'junk' is actually not junk but rather shoes, socks, and a large black hat. Then on the bed is Marisa and Alice, looking a bit disheveled and seeming to be busy engaging in the fine art of lip-locking. It's a bit too much for you to take, but you can't really say anything other then stare in surprise.

The puppeteer's eye opens a bit, and then widens in horror when she spots you, she shrieks and pushes Marisa off her, whom lands on the ground with a thud. Alice scrambles off the bed and begins to rapidly adjust her dress.

“Reina! H-haven't you ever heard of knocking!?” exclaimed the puppeteer in anger.

The witch laughs, “Awwww, come on don't be like that Alice. I already knew someone came on inside, I just didn't think I'd tell ya.”

“W-what!? That's something important you're supposed to tell me! You don't just have people waltz on inside and don't let me know!” snapped Alice,

Marisa laughed again, getting to her feet and dusting herself off, “No need ta get all embarrassed. What brings ya here anyway Reina? I haven't seen ya in a while, aside from the magic lessons from time to time.”

The black-white attempts to put her arm around Alice, but the puppeteer rejects the advance and seems quite annoyed at her girlfriend's casual attitude towards your walking in. Marisa sighs and shrugs, she plops down on the bed instead as Alice seems interested in making herself look presentable.

- - -

W-what!?
[ ] Wait, they were kissing but the disheveled and... w-what!?
[ ] Act like you saw nothing and converse (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Words cannot describe how much I hate myself over how long this took. And even with it finally out of the way, I couldn't even think up nice default options.
>> No. 117142
[X] Wait, they were kissing but the disheveled and... w-what!?

I cant remember if Reina is still oblivious to that sort of thing.
>> No. 117143
[c] Wait, they were kissing but the disheveled and... w-what!?

Good to see you back.
>> No. 117147
[X] Wait, they were kissing but the disheveled and... w-what!?
-[x] So sorry! Oh My God!

I'd imagine Reina being a bit of a wreck about this.
>> No. 117148
I forgot to mention, during all the time I was writing this I've been taking notes for the CYOA I'll be starting... soon-ish.

Also started doing note for RiG2 (not a second run of RiG, rather just RiG after this one is done). Mainly to start planning out the plot, and just 'adding' some things for uhm... well because I could. Like actually tracking Reina's money, in case I need to bring it up again. Stuff like that.
>> No. 117149
[x] Wait, they were kissing but the disheveled and... w-what!?

Hopefully they can help Reina accept her own feelings for Reimu.

>>117148
>just RiG after this one is done
Like a sequel or second volume?
>> No. 117151
>>117149
Like a second volume I suppose. I'm planning to take a break from RiG once the new year is ushered in (story-wise).

RiG2 will just be the next thread. Just with a 2. As I wrote in my notes, "RiG2: When shit starts to happen", AKA plot! Not just Touhoulovin'.

I'm even gonna write out skill descriptions! They won't really do anything story-wise, I'm not really going to have RiG focus on that, it's mainly going to be based on choices. My next CYOA is going to have more RPG elements, such as stat checks, but it won't be a like "Pass you win, fail BAD END".
>> No. 117154
...RPG elements, such as stat checks.

Always welcome.

Will it be more like in 'Scarlet Future Universe', where we got actual leveling up.
Or more light RPG version?
>> No. 117158
>>117154
Well I haven't read that before, so I can't say. I built it though without level ups. Rather you spend your XP (Faith, we're playing a youkai this time) directly on improving yourself.

This ranges from purchasing straight up +stat, to say learning a new skill, gaining more Faith from certain actions, or giving a bonus to various checks. While the character herself is designed, I've been posting some of the design sketches (not drawn by me) before, there will be some customization on your part due to a "Trait" system. Simply put, you get to pick these at the start and they'll alter your starting stats and give you various bonuses.

They'll also do a bit on how I write her out, and will probably decide the way you want to play the CYOA. It's more adventure/action-oriented, but I'm still going to do my best to keep the social aspect a keypoint. I will attempt to try to steer the next CYOA away from areas we visit a lot in RiG, so we can see some new characters. But if you all insist...
>> No. 117164
>>117158
Sounds good.
Still, i would recommend reading it. To at least see how some RPG elements are implemented.

Oh. Will we be able to get 'traits' some other way? Like say spending too much time practicing/doing something, or studying something, we gain better understanding of it. (actual percentile/stat bonus when dealing with similar things). Or are we restricted to Faith spending, in order to improve protagonist?
>> No. 117166
[x] Act like you saw nothing and converse.
- [x] So, there's, um. This wood I need to get, and, uh.
- [x] Yeah...
- [x] ...I'm really sorry about this.
- [x] I'll just wait downstairs.

Calm now, freak out later.
>> No. 117168
[x] Act like you saw nothing and converse.
- [x] So, there's, um. This wood I need to get, and, uh.
- [x] Yeah...
- [x] ...I'm really sorry about this.
- [x] I'll just wait downstairs.
>> No. 117170
>>117164
I've thought of that but I haven't decided yet. It isn't out of the question. There's a lot of things about it I haven't really finished yet.

Which is a shame since I'd like to start writing it and posting it, but then it stagnate as I have to try to finish up stuff.
>> No. 117201
[x] Act like you saw nothing and converse.
-[x] So, there's, um. This wood I need to get, and, uh.
-[x] Yeah...
-[x] ...I'm really sorry about this.
-[x] I'll just wait downstairs.
>> No. 117204
[x] Act like you saw nothing and converse.
-[x] So, there's, um. This wood I need to get, and, uh.
-[x] Yeah...
-[x] ...I'm really sorry about this.
-[x] I'll just wait downstairs.
>> No. 117211
[x] Act like you saw nothing and converse.
-[x] So, there's, um. This wood I need to get, and, uh.
-[x] Yeah...
-[x] ...I'm really sorry about this.
-[x] I'll just wait downstairs.
>> No. 117440
File 127342581349.png - (157.38KB , 566x666 , af62968c3739b6188b0cc5e1dc81bc7f.png ) [iqdb]
117440
[x] Act like you saw nothing and converse.
-[x] So, there's, um. This wood I need to get, and, uh.
-[x] Yeah...
-[x] ...I'm really sorry about this.
-[x] I'll just wait downstairs.

Ok, whatever you do just don't freak out. It's just Marisa and Alice, it's not like you walked into something horrible or surprising. Well, maybe a bit surprising but you've kissed Reimu before! And Yukari for that matter... so nothing unusual there! Although, there were some minor bits of clothing laying around, and their clothing did look a bit disheveled... sure never did any of that. Probably best to not think too much about it right now, for the sake of your sanity. You were certain Yukari was going to have a field day with this particular memory tonight though.

“So, uhm, I was in the neighborhood with Ran and she thought it might be good to just drop me off here until she, ah, gets back... so, uhm...”

The witch cocks her head to the side, “You came 'ere with Ran? What's she doin' here? Yukari doesn't often seem interested in the forest.”

“Well, she's kind of helping me with a bit of a project. Christmas is coming up, so I thought I'd uhm, make some gifts for... some people.”

“A gift from the heart, how thoughtful of you Reina. I think I might have an idea of whom you're making them for.” commented the puppeteer slyly, “Although, why the forest then? As I understand it, you have quite the selection of material back home.”

“She's gotta be here for special stuff! Probably trees, though I don't know much about those. Guess ya couldn't make much from mushrooms 'sides soup, and that doesn't make such a nice gift...”

“That's what I keep telling you...” mutters Alice with a glance in Marisa's direction, whom seems oblivious, “I wonder who you're going to give them too though... I think I might have some ideas. What do you think Marisa?”

The blonde rubbed her chin, “Hmmm, well if I had ta guess... I'd have to imagine Reimu is gettin' something! I gotta wonder what though... maybe like, like uhm... some kinda uhm... wood... thing! Yeah!”

“R-really it's no big deal! Just uhm, you know Christmas and all uhm... I-I guess I should make something for you two as well... anything you want in particular?” you ask nervously, rubbing the back of your neck.

“I appreciate the thought Reina, but I don't really need anything. I suppose if you'll do it anyway, I'm not really very picky. Perhaps you could make some sort of accessory for Shanghai? Would be an interesting gift I believe.”

Marisa grinned broadly, “Well, I guess you could make me somethin' useful! Though I guess if you'll use some local woods, it might enchant well... maybe like some kinda box or somethin', could find a use for that I think...” she clapped her hands together suddenly, “or you could make somethin' nau-”

She is silenced by a loud 'thwap' of Alice's grimoire impacting her head with great force. The witch cries out and rubs her head, looking up at the puppeteer with a 'what the hell' look. Her girlfriend merely places her hands on her hips and frowns at her.

“Don't even suggest it! Geez, you're a terrible person Marisa, really... even thinking of suggesting that...”

“I-I was just jokin'! Ya didn't hafta go and hit me! That grimoire really hurts ya know!” complained the witch.

Sensing an argument was about to break out, you quietly apologize and mention you'll go downstairs and make some tea. You aren't heard you think, judging by how the two begin to bicker and you decide to quietly make your retreat for now.

~

Ran returned within a few hours, although there was no sign of any wood or tools, you could see a few stains in her clothing and some dirt on her hands. She thanked Marisa for watching you, whom merely brushed it aside. You did feel a bit guilty though, since Alice had left not too long after you excused yourself from their room muttering something to herself.

You had asked the witch about it, but she shrugged it off mentioning Alice was always like that sometimes. She made a offhand comment to something about angry sex, and you decided to not really ask anymore. Sure you had heard the rumors they were going out and all but, they were having sex too!?

Waving her hand the shikigami opened up a gap and ushered you on through. The trip was still a bit unsettling, those eyes kept staring at you and it made your insides feel all... odd. Ran and Yukari had always mentioned the process was essentially instantaneous, and it just felt like it took a few seconds to actually travel through them.

“It's nice to have a change of pace for work. I haven't had to do the job of a lumberjack before.” commented the kitsune with a laugh, “Did you have a nice time at Marisa's?”

“Erm, it wasn't... bad. Though erm, that is ah... n-nevermind. It was a good time, it was nice to see her again.”

Ran tilted her head to the side, “You didn't happen to interrupt them during oh... shall we say... an attempt to make love?”

You recoil as if struck, your face blushed at her casual tone about the whole thing, “Y-you knew!?”

“Well their love life isn't much of a secret, no. I suppose you don't spend a lot of time around them, so it's not unusual for you to not know. They don't talk about it much outside, but well... Lady Yukari tends to know things. Also when you've lived a long life, you can sort of pick these things up.”

“If you don't mind me asking, just how old are you anyway Ran...?” you ask cautiously.

“Typical youkai response but I'm not exactly sure. I suppose humans make sure to keep track of their age, but when you live for a long time you tend to forget to keep count. I'm knowledgeable in most things, except my own age who would've thought?”

“You know a lot of things then Ran?”

The shikigami chuckled and nodded her head, “Not to brag but yes I would consider myself quite knowledgeable in many fields. I would consider the librarian in the mansion as a worthy rival, but I haven't really had the time to compare. I would imagine she is more learned in the more arcane and mystic areas, but in overall knowledge I would think I would have the advantage.” she glanced to you, “Did you perhaps want some advice? I will say I'm probably a better source of advice then Lady Yukari might be, she's not a bad person of course, but you know how she can be...”

- - -

Wood obtained, mission complete!
[ ] Did you want some advice? (write-in)
[ ] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
- [ ] Try making some little tiaras or various hair accessories for Alice's dolls?
- [ ] Perhaps you could make a broom for Marisa... well it would lack the broom part...
- [ ] How about something for both of them? Maybe some sort of locket.
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Get started on the work now (Timeskip to Christmas Eve party)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Wow, now that I think about it... is RiG really this write-in dependent? I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
>> No. 117446
[Q] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
- [Q] Try making some little tiaras or various hair accessories for Alice's dolls?
- [Q] Perhaps you could make a broom for Marisa... well it would lack the broom part...

> she clapped her hands together suddenly, “or you could make somethin' nau-”

Did marisa just start to ask for us to make her a sex toy?
>> No. 117502
[x] Did you want some advice?
-[x] Is it normal to like girls here?
-[x] Could you share some recipes? I only know how to make a few things well.
[x] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
- [x] Try making some little tiaras or various hair accessories for Alice's dolls?
- [x] Perhaps you could make a broom for Marisa... well it would lack the broom part...

Well This is what I can figure out, hopefully someone can build on it. I'd ask her about the book but I think Yukari has that on a need to know basis.
>> No. 117505
[x] Did you want some advice?
-[x] Is it normal to like girls here?
-[x] Could you share some recipes? I only know how to make a few things well.
[x] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
[x] Why did the previous owners of the book died after 20 years? Does it has something to do with what Yukari did to me?
- [x] Try making some little tiaras or various hair accessories for Alice's dolls?
- [x] Perhaps you could make a broom for Marisa... well it would lack the broom part...

Pretty sure we don't really need to worry about the time limit, as Yukari did that power up thing. But it doesn't hurt to ask. Just to be sure.
>> No. 117506
[x] Did you want some advice?
-[x] Is it normal to like girls here?
-[x] Could you share some recipes? I only know how to make a few things well.
[x] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
[x] Why did the previous owners of the book died after 20 years? Does it has something to do with what Yukari did to me?
- [x] Try making some little tiaras or various hair accessories for Alice's dolls?
- [x] Perhaps you could make a broom for Marisa... well it would lack the broom part...
>> No. 117507
>>117505
Not sure if Ran'd know but it might be worth asking. About that time limit, I do wonder if insanity didn't play a part in it. But with how well Reina's adjusting, that wouldn't be much of a problem.
>> No. 117508
[x] Did you want some advice?
-[x] Is it normal to like girls here?
-[x] Could you share some recipes? I only know how to make a few things well.
[x] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
[x] Why did the previous owners of the book died after 20 years? Does it have something to do with what Yukari did to me?
- [x] Try making some little tiaras or various hair accessories for Alice's dolls?
- [x] Perhaps you could make a broom for Marisa... well it would lack the broom part...

Slightly changed becaues 'dose it has' is just wrong.

>>117507
Id say its at least worth a try.
>> No. 117512
[x] Did you want some advice?
-[x] Is it normal to like girls here?
-[x] Could you share some recipes? I only know how to make a few things well.
[x] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
- [x] How about something for both of them? Maybe some sort of locket.

>>117508
>Slightly changed becaues 'dose it has' is just wrong.
>Id say its at least worth a try.
10/10 for irony.
>> No. 117538
[x] Did you want some advice?
-[x] Is it normal to like girls here?
-[x] Could you share some recipes? I only know how to make a few things well.
[x] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
- [x] How about something for both of them? Maybe some sort of locket.
>> No. 117614
File 127379773167.jpg - (325.74KB , 750x900 , f55a1adbb136a0bb60792379a083fdde.jpg ) [iqdb]
117614
[x] Did you want some advice?
-[x] Is it normal to like girls here?
-[x] Could you share some recipes? I only know how to make a few things well.
[x] Maybe you should make something for Marisa and Alice...
[x] Why did the previous owners of the book died after 20 years? Does it have something to do with what Yukari did to me?
- [x] Try making some little tiaras or various hair accessories for Alice's dolls?
- [x] Perhaps you could make a broom for Marisa... well it would lack the broom part...

Well if Ran was in an informative mood, why not strike her up for a conversation? Besides, now that she brought up the topic there were questions floating in your head that Valerie was no doubt writing down in greater detail then you were actually thinking.

To be fair Mistress Reina, I don't actually write anything physically. I imagine the details of the process would be too complicated and uninteresting to you however.” comments Valerie knowingly,

Ignoring the comments of your inner voice, you timidly speak up to Ran.

“Well, if you're offering... this, ah might sound kind of awkward but... well...” you glance away to avoid eye contact, “i-is it normal here to u-uhm... l-like... likegirls?” you stammer out hastily.

Smooth Mistress, smooth.

The shikigami fixes you with a stare of curiousity and amusement, before she breaks out into a laugh that she poorly attempts to tone down into a polite giggle.

“I-I apologize Reina, I did not mean to sound offensive. I wasn't laughing at you, it's just... my, my such an odd question. I had not been prepared for it is all. Please, don't be embarrassed about asking.” she adds, noting your blushed expression, “But no it isn't all too unusual. Is it unusual in the outside world?” the kitsune cocks her head to the side, “I could not understand how one's gender can get in the way of love.”

You fidget nervously, wringing your hands together, “U-uhm, well you mean it isn't like... odd or anything? I mean... t-two girls?”

Ran shakes her head, “Not at all Reina. Is it an issue in the outside world? As I mentioned before, I can not think of why gender should ever deter one from seeking the one they love. There is nothing to gain but misery from trying to stay with one you cannot love.”

“I... guess that's a good point.”

“Although now I have to wonder why you ask about it Reina,” the kitsune smiles, “is there perhaps a girl in your life you love, and you wonder if it's acceptable to love her?”

“I-I didn't say that! I was just curious is all!” you answer hastily, “I m-mean, I saw Marisa and Alice together before so I was just uhm, you know, curious if that was normal or anything...”

The shikigami chuckled and shook her head, “Of course. If that is what you say, we'll leave it at that, my own personal thoughts aside.”

Looking to change the subject, you quickly think up another line of questioning. Namely food, specifically cooking. You knew Ran was a rather talented cook, and why not pick up some new recipes while you were staying at Yukari's? Maybe all this new info could be put before you asked Ran that question, and before your mind thought about the 'why', so Yukari wouldn't see it...

If you wish to lie to yourself, that is fine Mistress. But I will tell you Yukari reads from cover to cover, as they say.

“Uhm, Ran... I have something that's been bugging me for a while.”

The shikigami glances in your direction, her hands still busy tending to the cutting of vegetables, “Speak your mind Reina.”

“It's just... well everyone that has owned the grimoire before me has died. And though the length of ownership varies, they all did inevitably die... and not from old age either. Do you... do you know why that is Ran?”

Ran's movements stop mid-slice, her expression blank as she stared at the wall. There is an uneasy silence until she seems to snap out of it, shaking her head.

“... I cannot say Reina. The grimoire is something Lady Yukari does not share with me much, I do not know the details but...” she looks at you with worry, “I'm afraid what Lady Yukari has done for you, has made you better personally. But it's likely to...” she frowns and shakes her head, “to be blunt, you are likely in much more danger now. I... I've said to much Reina, I'm sorry.”

A chill creeps up your spine. You were in more danger now due to Yukari's help? Weren't you in danger even before that of dying? How could something she did make your life even more dangerous? This grimoire really didn't make any sense... perhaps you would have to ask her personally sometime. The two you uneasily tried to go back to tending to the food, and learning but Ran seemed distracted the entire time.

Her eyes looked like they were looking somewhere far off, her tone of voice was somewhat shaken too. This only caused you more worry, what was so special about this grimoire to worry Ran so? Was there something actually dangerous about it, or was she merely concerned for your well-being?

~

Yukari idlely flipped through the pages of your grimoire, humming to herself as she floated in mid-air. She hadn't spoken much to you during the night so far, although you were pretty absorbed into your work, Yukari had hardly made a sound beyond the humming. Considering all today's activities, you would've thought she would have spoken up by now...

“So, getting curious about the grimoire are we my dear?” asked Yukari suddenly, the grimoire snapping shut in her hand, “I wondered how long that would take. I kind of hoped the topic would never come up but...”

“Why is that Yukari?” you ask, pausing in your work to look over your shoulder at her.

The youkai furrowed her brow, “It's not a nice subject, and it's a tricky one at that. I've had the conversation a few times but... there's a very fine line. If I tell you too much, you're only in more danger... or I could do something worse, make you go insane for example. But if I don't tell you enough, it may not satisfy you. Actually, there's really a number of things I wanted to talk to you about during your stay. I planned to save them for the new year but...”

You rest your tools on the desk, turning around in your seat to face Yukari, “I guess since I've brought it up, what did you want to talk to me about Yukari?”

“The grimoire is the only serious one. The rest are more about your... personal life. I'm quite pleased on how well you get along with your friends, but I did want to speak to you about Reimu.” she sighs and shakes her head, “So tell me Reina, would you like to speak about it? We could always save it for later...”

- - -

Seems you've asked quite the question...
[ ] May as well get it over with now.
- [ ] But maybe only about Reimu...
[ ] It can wait right?
[ ] If Yukari wants to question you, why not question her? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

I really was hoping to get to these questions on about the last update until RiG was hiatus'd until RiG2 and I could do my next CYOA.

And about the next CYOA, I've been thinking of making a /gensokyo/ or a /words/ thread to use for sharing ideas or some such. Thoughts, if any?
>> No. 117615
[Q] May as well get it over with now.

Damn, I can't think of anything to ask...
>> No. 117616
[x] It can wait right?
-[x] This way you can hear it on new years and I'll... have a good answer.
[x] If Yukari wants to question you, why not question her?
-[x] If I'm in more danger, how would I try to minimize it?

I think we should see how to protect ourselves.
>> No. 117620
[x] May as well get it over with now.

No questions as of yet, but they may be because it's fucking blazing and I can't think at all as a result. Either way, I say make the thread. I'll go back through the story, see if anything stands out, and report back tomorrow.

Also is it just me, or is the site slower than usual today?
>> No. 117621
>>117614

/words/ would be a good place to put it.

>>117620
Well it might be exams flaring up in various places.
>> No. 117634
[x] May as well get it over with now.

Lets let Yukari talk first then think of questions to ask after.
>> No. 117637
Let's see if this works right.
>>/words/696

Now I need to run to work.
>> No. 117639
[x] May as well get it over with now.
>> No. 117699
File 127394619012.jpg - (130.88KB , 850x833 , sample-3103890eba1b994d7179c631ff50987a.jpg ) [iqdb]
117699
[x] May as well get it over with now.

You slowly shake your head, “We have time now, so... why not talk about it now?”

The youkai nods slowly, interlacing her fingers and resting her chin on them, “Very well. Let's see, let's see...”

She holds up the grimoire and raps on the cover with her knuckle, “Ok, let's start here then. There's only so much even I know about this grimoire, and it isn't much. I know it's been around for quite a while, I would imagine before Gensokyo was established. I'm not sure who made it though, or for what purpose. All I've found it to do is record history, nothing particularly fancy but... its owners all tend to meet... unusual ends.

“The first few times, I just wrote it off as bad luck. Outsiders make bad choices after all, but as I helped hand it out time and time again I started to think about it some more. Some owners lived longer then others, yes, but they all tend to die the same way. I think... I'm not certain of course, she won't tell me anything, but... I think something is after this. Everytime an owner dies, I always find it in my possession, so I guess whatever is looking for it has never gotten their hands on it.

“I'm not sure why it comes back to me either, I kind of wish I knew. But anyway, less about me and more about you... I do apologize Reina, I do like you and all but uhm... well, I guess since you're now the owner of it you've been sort of...” she puts on a weak smile, “marked for death I guess.”

You gulp and tug at the collar of your shirt nervously, “M-marked for death?”

“Unfortunately, yes. Don't panic, I won't say you will die... well, ok no you will die, you are only after all human, you don't live that long anyway,” said Yukari, attempting to make a joke to lighten the mood, “but I'm not saying whatever is looking for the grimoire will kill you. After all, unlike the other owners, you have something they didn't – friends. And not just normal ones, no, no! You have a number of very powerful friends, I'm sure you'll be fine Reina.”

“W-well, if you say so...” you can't help but still feel a chill at thinking about what this grimoire has brought you, “but... why me then? Why did you pick me to own this if... if that would happen?”

“I'm not sure myself. I help hand out the grimoire again, yes, but I don't really... pick. I sort of get a... feeling I guess. I can't really explain it, if anything it's probably the grimoire, I just physically do the hand off.” she admits with a chuckle.

“I see... w-well,” you tug at the collar of your shirt again, “perhaps we can move on to that other topic then?”

Yukari smiled, “Very well, want to switch to something a little more light-hearted then? So let us talk about Reimu then! I've actually been sort of rehearsing this whole thing in my head for so long! I always thought I'd be talking to Marisa or well... someone she's known for a while but, oh well~.”

“How much do you know about Reimu's family? Specifically what her heritage entails?” she asks, leaning forward.

You scratch at your chin, “Well, I don't know a whole lot really I've never really brought it up before...”

“As I thought. Well then, allow me to give you a little bit of insight. Reimu's family is part of the origin of Gensokyo. We're separated from the outside world by a barrier known as the Great Hakurei Barrier. In the old days, there were no danmaku duels. When youkai and human clashed, it would result in injury and death. But see, there was a problem with the power balance. The border that keeps Gensokyo intact is only around as long as there are Hakurei... so if a youkai fought one back then, they would have to kill them to defend themselves and this could possibly kill all the Hakurei, which would likely lead to Gensokyo's collapse.

“So danmaku duels were made and blah, blah, blah. I wasn't going to give you a lecture on the history of that,” she laughs and shakes her head, “anyway, as I was saying I'm sure you've noticed something about dear little Reimu... she has no family. No mother, no sisters, no father, and no brothers. She is the last of the Hakurei, if she dies Gensokyo itself will eventually follow. It won't be a instantenous event, but the border will slowly begin to deteriorate. The outside will begin to leak inside, our two worlds will begin to see each other more and more... and in the worst case, when the border finally fails, we'd end up annihilating whatever land we suddenly appear on top of.”

That was not a very pleasing image. But you weren't too worried about that at the moment, no. Yukari hadn't said it but... you could see what she was getting at. You weren't like Reimu's girlfriend or anything but! But... the implication was clear. If she was the last Hakurei, she needed to carry the bloodline on somehow. There wasn't anyway you could do that... n-not that you were ah, thinking of uhm...

Suddenly you felt Yukari's hand on your head, and she gave it a quick ruffle, “You forget, I'm still holding the grimoire remember? Don't worry about it so much. I'm not saying that if you, oh let's just say hypothetically, did love Reimu... that you couldn't be with her. There are many things I love in life, but above all I care about Gensokyo's well being... which means I care deeply about Reimu's well being. I just want you to know what's at stake... I'm sure the thought has entered her mind once or twice, but she hasn't really thought about it yet.” she gives you a playful nudge, “Just keep it in mind my dear little Reina. Oh, of course I guess Yuuka is fair game, no strings attached there...”

Yukari having access to all your inner thoughts was really a discomforting reality...

- - -

Well then...
[ ] Anything to ask Yukari? (write-in)
[ ] Get some work in then get some sleep you guess...
- [ ] D-do you want to sleep with Yukari...?
[ ] Other (write-in)

Blargh.
>> No. 117703
[ ] Anything to ask Yukari?
-- Is there more she can say about that dark void-place from when she helped you? She did say that she wasn't quite in time, or some such.
>> No. 117712
>>117703
This first, than:
[X] Get some work in then get some sleep you guess...
- [x] D-do you want to sleep with Yukari...?

When its presented? Might as well take it.
>> No. 117725
[x] >>117703
[x] "Is it possible for two girls to have a kid? I mean, um...."
[x] >>117712

Interesting in how Yukari doesn't know much about the Grimoire or how it does what it does. But if Reimu needs a heir... well there'll be some way to make one sans guy.
>> No. 117728
>>117725

Futa? Haha, not likely.
>> No. 117730
>>117728
There's more ways than that in Gensokyo. I know much better than to imply futa, knowing the author.
>> No. 117745
[x] Anything to ask Yukari?
-- Is there more she can say about that dark void-place from when she helped you? She did say that she wasn't quite in time, or some such.
[x] "Is it possible for two girls to have a kid? I mean, um...."
[x] Get some work in then get some sleep you guess...
- [x] D-do you want to sleep with Yukari...?
This is a bit... err... oh well, VOTE COMBININ GAEMS.
>> No. 117755
>>117730

I figure Yukari can manipulate the border of pregnant and not-pregnant if necessary; it'd be sort of like magically induced parthenogenesis.
>> No. 117760
[ø] Anything to ask Yukari?
-- Is there more she can say about that dark void-place from when she helped you? She did say that she wasn't quite in time, or some such.
[ø] "Is it possible for two girls to have a kid? I mean, um...."
[ø] Get some work in then get some sleep you guess...
- [ø] D-do you want to sleep with Yukari...?

Dem ellipses!

Come on Anons, make it happen. Lonely miko route, it's the only path.
>> No. 117766
>>117760

And what about the lonely flower youkai?
>> No. 117767
>>117760

Come now. Reimu has friends who drop by the shrine regularly. Yuuka spends all her time in a little, run-down shack that no one ever visits save for Reina. Who's really the lonelier one here?

[X] Anything to ask Yukari?
- [X] Is there more she can say about that dark void-place from when she helped you? She did say that she wasn't quite in time, or some such.
[X] "Is it possible for two girls to have a kid? I mean, um...."
- [X] "... or maybe... maybe even more than two girls?"
[X] Get some work in then get some sleep you guess...
- [X] D-do you want to sleep with Yukari...?

Though I say we take both.
>> No. 117865
[X] Anything to ask Yukari?
-- Is there more she can say about that dark void-place from when she helped you? She did say that she wasn't quite in time, or some such.
[X] "Is it possible for two girls to have a kid? I mean, um...."
[X] Get some work in then get some sleep you guess...
- [X] D-do you want to sleep with Yukari...?

>>117766
>>117767
The flowers, man. Yuuka had a whole field of friends surrounding her, don't sound as if they don't exist. She might tear you apart for it.
>> No. 117910
File 127432127392.png - (425.03KB , 500x700 , f980fcc991cbe8b4f47a87802c0c6c6e.png ) [iqdb]
117910
[x] Anything to ask Yukari?
-- Is there more she can say about that dark void-place from when she helped you? She did say that she wasn't quite in time, or some such.
[x] "Is it possible for two girls to have a kid? I mean, um...."
[x] Get some work in then get some sleep you guess...
- [x] D-do you want to sleep with Yukari...?

Perhaps a change of topic was in order, you weren't too comfortable with Yukari's barely veiled suggestions about what you could do to Reimu or Yuuka. She did seem to be leaning more to pushing you onto Yuuka though, perhaps because it would seem she would like Reimu herself.

“Say, uhm... you know before, with what you did to me? You mentioned something about not being in time or something along those lines... what did you mean?”

The youkai's face snapped from a laugh to downtrodden in a heartbeat. Her gaze lingered to the floor, you couldn't help but gulp nervously at the sudden change, did you ask something that bad? After a moment she lifted her head as if to speak, but paused, shutting her mouth and frowning as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

“It's... complicated. For now, it's best if you don't know. You're safe, don't worry I... I don't think anything will happen yet.” she chuckles nervously, “Though I guess I'm not reassuring you much, am I? Suppose I shouldn't hide this from you since it could be rather important... and as the cliché goes, if I withhold this from you, something bad will happen probably.

“I can't tell you everything, there are... for the lack of a better word, rules. Even I have to follow them, since I'm kind of involved by now. The most I can say right now is... there is something out there, it looks for the grimoire. What I did to you, it... it kind of un-did some protections that hid you from it. It probably saw you, but I don't think it knows where you are or how to reach you. Just be careful, ok Reina? It's seen you, so it knows who you are. It'll probably be looking for you.”

You frown, furrowing your brow in frustration, “But what is it? How can I look out for something if I don't know what it is?”

“Oh, that's easy. It could be anyone.” stated Yukari flatly, “Just be cautious and pay attention. If it knows you, it probably knows everyone you know... and no, they aren't in danger, your friends happen to be among the strongest in Gensokyo. But be careful of them, pay attention to them. It can copy forms but... it's not perfect, it'll have a flaw. It can't mimic their personalities either, but it'll learn... so you just need to be careful.”

So you had some sort of shapeshifting horror after you now? All because of this grimoire? This wasn't exactly a good thought. What was so special about you and the grimoire anyway? It's not like it had shown any power beyond recording things in far too much detail, certainly not something worth killing over. You considered asking Yukari if she knew, but judging from her stance on the whole thing, she wasn't going to be able to tell you much more.

Still you had learned quite a bit, but it wasn't good news. Now your friends could be instead some sort of horror out trying to eat you, and it always seemed in books this lead to the hero of the story becoming paranoid of everything... you sure hoped that wouldn't happen. Perhaps another change in topic was in order, seeing the blonde youkai like this was unnerving to say the least, she was always so cheerful.

Oh my, you're actually going to ask her that?” remarked Valeria, after you had already begun speaking,

“Uhm, on another topic yet again... when you mentioned children, and about Gensokyo's well-being and all that are you suggesting there's a way... that two girls can have k-kids?”

Yukari's mouth turns into a wicked grin, “Ohohoho! My, my Reina, I never thought you'd ask! Well, there might be, there might be... unlike your world, we have something you don't! Magic. Anything is possible with it, don't think it's some kind of cliché. It really can do a lot of things. But my, my are you perhaps considering fathering Reimu's children? Or are you perhaps wanting to have Reimu's children?” teased the youkai.

Oh god why did you even ask. Yukari looked like she was eying you like food and laughing the whole time as you buried your embarrassed face in your hands. Why did you ask, why!?

~

Yawning, you sleepily rub at your eyes, placing your tools down and reaching to turn out the light. It was really late – or was that really early now? - and you were getting near exhaustion. You swore you almost passed out with a sharp tool pointed in your direction numerous times, but you were insistent on trying to get some progress on your gifts. They weren't finished, not yet, but that was more then enough for now, you had to get some rest or Ran would find you passed out in the hallway somewhere.

The futon in your room did look awfully inviting, but at the same time... it looked awfully lonely. Cautiously making your way out of your room, you began to peer in some of the neighbooring rooms, looking for any sign of -

“Difficulty sleeping Reina?” coos the familiar voice of Yukari,

You feel her hand clap down on your shoulder, she is looking at you with a smile on her face as you turn to face her. In return you do your best to return the smile, though you stiffle down a yawn.

“Not... exactly. I'm really tired actually, it's just I... well, my room seems kind of lonely, so...”

The blonde youkai nods understandingly, “Wanted a sleepmate then my dear~? Well, well it's a liitttllle early for me, but I'll be happy to oblige!”

She clamps her other hand on your arm and gives you a yank, pulling you into a waiting gap, and you tumble out onto the floor, no longer in the hallway. The room looks rather nondescript, similar to many of the other rooms in this home, but you had to guess this was one of Yukari's rooms. Getting to your feet, and taking a moment to adjust and fix your yukata, you look about for the gap youkai. She reappears in a moment, her normal attire gone and replaced by a loose-fitting yukata.

Try as you might, you can't help but take notice of the generous skin it reveals, namely around her breasts and along the sides of her legs. Modesty was not one of Yukari's redeeming features it seemed. Giving you a reassuring smile, she climbed into her futon (which you just noticed happen to be only slightly larger then a normal one), and lifted the sheets to beckon you on in.

“Now, now let the good girl come to bed, I don't bite~” her smile turned into a grin, “unless you're secretly into that, then I think I can leave a nice mark or two for Reimu or Yuuka to find later!”

Blushing slightly you cautiously approach the futon, when the youkai made no movement to snatch you into her grip, you join her under the covers of the futon. Although you are facing away from her, you can imagine she's probably smiling right now.

“W-well... good night Yukari.” you say, trying to make yourself comfortable.

The youkai's arms find their way down to your waist, where she gently wraps them around, “Good night Reina~.”

She rests her head against your shoulder, her chest pushing up against your back as she snuggles close to you. Your face is red hot from embarrassment, sure you had cuddled with Reimu once or twice but... well, she didn't have Yukari's assets. Although the youkai was making no obvious effort to do anything, you were certain she was doing all this on purpose.

It was also making it really hard to sleep.

“My, my I'm probably making it so hard to sleep! Although, you know...” the youkai snuggled closer, “you can put some of your... thoughts to ease if you like. I can maybe... ooooh, I don't know... teach you a thing or two in your little dreamscape... it's all in your mind, and no one will ever know!”

- - -

Bedtop sports for inmind types:
[ ] … … S-sure...
[ ] No, you can't do it!
[ ] Other (write-in)
>> No. 117919
[X] ...W-wait, you're trying to trick me, aren't you? You want me to think about t-t-that... b-but you're talking about something else... r-right?
-[X] ...I-I guess it's okay, if it's not that...

What do you think, too stuttery?
>> No. 117921
[x] … … S-sure... just don't take anything that... I can't get back.
>> No. 117928
[X] … … S-sure...

All the benefits of gaining experience, while at the same time preserving her virginity for the two special ladies in her life?

Yes, please.
>> No. 117930
>it's all in your mind, and no one will ever know!
You'll know, and Yukari will know, and that's more than enough people in the loop to cause problems. And frankly I think the physical component of virginity ceases to have meaning when there's no risk of STDs or other physical consequences involved. If you agree to this, Yukari will be your first time for all intents and purposes; dreamsex isn't having your cake and eating it out too. You can have just as many issues of guilt and trust with dreamsex as with real sex. Obviously there's exceptions, such as random wet dreams and subconscious fantasies and what-not, but this is Yukari, actively and knowingly creeping inside your head to have sex with you. The only practical difference between that and just doing it on the futon is that there's no chance someone'll walk in on you. Well, that and the screwed-up possibilities dreams tend to offer.

Not voting for or against, because I really can't decide if the virginity issue is even a serious issue. Just my two cents.
>> No. 117931
[x] No.

Along the lines of >>117930 I'm not sure that Reina is ready for that kind of thing with anyone. Maybe learn about the ways of the world by borrowing a book from Patchouli during the party instead.
>> No. 117933
I just can't decide here. Oh man, what a ball to catch.
>> No. 117935
[Q] No, you can't do it!

I've got me some old-timey sensibilities about this- mostly that if you're going to have sex it'd better well be with whoever you plan to marry/closest equivalent.
>> No. 117936
[x] No.
>> No. 117938
[x] No, you can't do it!
>> No. 117939
What >>117930 said.
And Id like to think that Reina isn't THAT naive not to realise what Yukari is asking, so no.

[X] No, you can't do it!
>> No. 117941
[x] No, you can't do it!
>> No. 117957
>>117931
There's a problem with that plan: What if most of Patchouli's books on the subject are outdated and incorrect? Even a yuri doujin would be better than that.
>> No. 117961
[ø] … … S-sure...
>> No. 117974
[x] "Reimu will be my first, and I'll settle for nothing less."
[x] "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"
[x] "...I just said that out loud, didn't I."
[x] "Fuck."

>>117957
>Even a yuri doujin would be better
So many faded-out gradient flowers in the background, you'd think it was Yuuka doing it to her, regardless of whoever it really was.
>> No. 117978
>>117974
Badly out of character for Reina.
>> No. 117986
[ ] … … S-sure...

It's in the dreamscape anyway~
>> No. 117988
[x] No, you can't do that!
>> No. 117992
[x] No, you can't do that!!
>> No. 117998
[X] … … S-sure...
>> No. 118066
[B] … … S-sure...
>> No. 118071
[x] No, you can't do it!
>> No. 118125
File 127479253884.jpg - (80.55KB , 1000x774 , 522c49c3fd7a0174b060b639faf6a230.jpg ) [iqdb]
118125
[x] No, you can't do it!

Your face reddens at heats up at Yukari's request, it's not very direct or obvious but you can catch the implications of her 'offer'. There's also the fact it is Yukari, and thus she's not too difficult to figure out sometimes (especially when she can read your mind). But, no! You can't do it, you can't! Even if it's in your mind it... it just isn't... right? Is that it?

You're not really sure, but regardless you just can't take her up on the offer. It just wouldn't be right... but how are you going to tell her that? What if you word it wrong and she gets angry and throws you out who-knows-where? Or if she just does it anyway! Do you even have a choice in the matter, or is it just merely the illusion of freewill? What if -

“My, my Reina worried over nothing! If you're not going to agree, I'm not going to force myself on you~.” interrupted Yukari with a 'tsk, tsk', “That just wouldn't be fun! Well, I mean it's a different kind of fun, but it isn't the very nice kind of fun. One-sided fun if you will, and I would prefer shared fun.”

Right. She can read your thoughts as you think them, or even before you really reach the thought yourself. Guess that does make the process a bit easier though, no tripping over your own words.

“I-I'm sorry.” you stammer out.

The youkai ruffles your hair, relaxing her cuddle, “It's ok my dear Reina! I'm sure one day you'll be ready for me~.” she laughs and pats you on the head, “Or perhaps you'll have your first with someone else! Depending on who that is, I guess I wouldn't mind seconds...”

“W-what makes you think I'm going to have my first anytime soon?”

“Well, you're only human! It's one of your basic needs after all! Youkai love it too, but we do it more for the fun then anything. Humans tend to look for things like love and companionship, well and the passing of genetic traits as well... though I don't imagine many humans think like that nowadays.” the blonde youkai pauses, “I wonder if Reimu or Yuuka is going to end up getting it though. Sharing Reimu's first would be kind of interesting I think, oh boy how she would react! I guess that would require some careful talking I suppose... Yuuka? Hmmm, that would feel more like rivalry I think, she always did have that attitude towards me I feel...”

Oh god, you were not going to be hearing this. No, no, no you were not going to be listening to Yukari ponder your love, and possible future, sexual life. You grab the pillow and do your best to block out her talking as she begins to wonder about the circumstances of your first.

~

“How is it coming along Reina?” asks Ran curiously as she refills your tea, “Do you require any help?”

You shake your head, offering her a smile, “No, no I'm fine Ran, you're helping enough with refilling my tea.” you chuckle and set your tools down a moment to sample the fresh tea, “And it's coming along nicely I think. I was kind of worried I might not finish it all in time, but... well, how am I doing for time?”

“You have until tomorrow night. If you want to get a good night's rest, so to speak, you will probably want to be finished by around noon tomorrow.”

“Sounds like plenty of time then. Thank you again for all your help Ran, I really couldn't have done it without you.”

The shikigami smiles, “Think nothing of it Reina. It was my pleasure to help, well if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.”

As the kitsune turned to leave, a sudden question sprung to mind, “Hey, Ran... do you sleep much? Now that I think about it, you're awake all morning but even when Yukari is up and about at night, you're still awake...”

“It's a trade secret I'm afraid.” answers the shikigami with a chuckle, “But don't worry about me, I'm fine. Ah yes, perhaps later today if you like I can take you out somewhere, I believe there's some freetime in my schedule. Or perhaps you'd like to spend some time with Chen? It occurs to me you haven't really met her much, and she hasn't really gone out of her way to meet you.” she pauses to rub her chin, “I wonder why that is, she's usually quite sociable...”

- - -

Plans for the day:
[ ] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...
[ ] The day before the party, might be good to go check up on Yuuka
[ ] It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu, maybe she's lonely...
[ ] Other

I'm now running two CYOAs at once, if you were unaware. The other is here:
>>/th/118064
>> No. 118128
[x] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...

I'm curious about this.
>> No. 118129
[Q] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...

When in doubt, play with Chen. This is the key to wise decision-making.
>> No. 118131
[c] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...
>> No. 118133
[x] It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu, maybe she's lonely...
I sadfaced at this choice.
>> No. 118135
[c] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...

Aw, I guess we'll have to wait for the naughty stuff.
>> No. 118137
>Chen
>Aw, I guess we'll have to wait for the naughty stuff.

What are you, gay?

Actually, wait, that might not be applicable here...
>> No. 118139
[X] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...

We must rectify the lack of Chen!
>> No. 118140
[x] It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu, maybe she's lonely...
Chen? Eh, whatever.
>> No. 118143
>>118135
I think it was a favor to Kriss, otherwise she'd have to write a Yuri scene.
>> No. 118147
[x] It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu, maybe she's lonely...
>> No. 118148
[X] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...
>> No. 118167
[z]It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu, maybe she's lonely...
>> No. 118220
[x] It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu, maybe she's lonely..
>> No. 118229
[X] It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu, maybe she's lonely..
>> No. 118230
Doesn't anyone want to know why Chen's avoiding Reina as opposed to engaging in route faggotry?
>> No. 118232
>>118230

Yes. And the votes are tied. Which I will now end.

[X] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...

Come on, people. Doesn't have to be routes 24/7. Christmas is right around the corner, and we'll be handing out gifts then anyway.
>> No. 118233
[x] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...
>> No. 118234
[x] It's been a little while since you last saw Reimu. Maybe she's getting lonely...

I'd rather be with Reimu, honestly. I don't see why Reina would be too bothered by the Chen issue. If the 6 year-old kid of the annoying but friendly neighbor next door was shy around you, would you be all that worried about it? in b4 people complain about the age thing.
>> No. 118236
>>118234
>Annoying but Friendly

That's your opinion, not Reina's. Reina may be flustered, but is very grateful to Yukari for all that she's done. And it is a pretty big question, seeing how A) Chen's said to be very social normally and B) How friendly Reina is. Something isn't adding up.
>> No. 118241
>>118236

I'd bank on the Grimoire or Kriss forgetting/not wanting to write her
>> No. 118248
>>118236
>Reina may be flustered, but is very grateful to Yukari for all that she's done.
You can be grateful to someone and still be unable to stand them. Yukari doesn't exactly seem like someone Reina continually looks forward to meeting over and over.
>> No. 118289
>>118248
No sign of annoyance, just possibly being overwhelmed at times.

>>118241
It's not like Chen was a boy! And that'd be as bad as Taisa forgetting SUIKA of all people in GH if not worse. It'd be more plot hook about Chen.
>> No. 118298
>>118289
You know speaking of Suika, when WAS the last time I brought her up?
Heh.
...
I suck.
>> No. 118351
File 127525071081.jpg - (146.61KB , 500x400 , cf7f69398f432d74b2e44b5c132f0b1a.jpg ) [iqdb]
118351
[x] Chen? You haven't seen her much come to think of it...

You had only seen Chen in passing, mostly during food time, and occasionally once in a while around the house but she always seemed to be going somewhere and never stopped to talk to you. Ran seemed to believe this was out of the ordinary for her, and it piqued your curiosity. The shikigami gave you directions to find her, and you set out to find the shikigami of... a shikigami.

Probably had to say something about how powerful Yukari was if her shikigami had her own shikigami. Despite the many twists and turns in the household, Ran's directions were rather straightforward and before long you found yourself within a small courtyard, seemingly in the center of the house. It looked rather pretty actually, and yet very odd and out of place. It was winter, yet the trees were in healthy and sported cherry blossoms, and the grass was a dark, healthy green. It wasn't even that cold outside, despite, quite the oddity.

Placing those thoughts aside for now, it doesn't take long to spot Chen seemingly doing little more then lazily laying down in the grass looking up at the sky. Making your way towards her, you notice she seems to perk up as you grow closer, sitting up and looking over her shoulder to see you approach.

“Hello there lady! Whatcha doing out here?” she asks.

“Well, Ran thought it would be nice for me and you to meet each other is all, so she told me to come see you.”

She tilts her head to the side, scratching at her cheek, “Well if Lady Ran says so...” she hops up to her feet, “I'm Chen!”

“It's nice to meet you Chen. I'm Reina.” you respond with a smile.

Chen nods in agreement, “Ok then, we've met and exchanged names so I'm going to go now ok!”

“H-hey wait! Why are you trying to leave so fast?”

The little shikigami frowns, “Well, I don't like you is why!”

You blink in surprise, then little shikigami almost looks a bit hostile now, her hands on her hips as. Considering she's still a youkai, it's probably best to not get too close to her right now.

“You don't like me? We've never even met before, why would you not like me?” you ask curiously.

“There's just... something! Something about you isn't right! I've seen humans before and you just don't look or have the same smell about you! It's all... different!”

Smell about you? Do you stink or something? That can't be it considering you've definitely bathed several times since staying here, perhaps she meant it not in the literal fashion.

“Well, why don't you try explaining it to me then Chen? I mean, I'm a human after all, I'm just from the outside. Maybe that's why I seem different.”

She shakes her head vigorously, “No, no! I've seen outsiders before and you're not like them at all! I... I don't know if I can explain it to you. Lady Yukari wouldn't want me talking about it...”

Did Yukari know something? But Chen was Ran's shikigami, so shouldn't she know everything Chen knows or something? Then again, you didn't know anything about this whole shikigami business... still, was the little shikigami keeping something from you?

“Maybe you could give me an idea, Yukari and me are pretty good friends.”

“Well... uhm... I-I don't know. Even if you are Lady Yukari's friend! I...” she trails off, frowning as she seems to be thinking rather hard, “well, I guess if you're her friend... uhm...

“It's well... it's hard to explain. But... it's your... energy! I guess that's a way to put it. It's all wrong!” her frown deepens, “I mean, it's not like you can see it but, it's... it's a magic thing! Yeah, that's it! But yours, yours is all messed up! It changes all the time, not even Lady Yukari or Lady Ran do that!”

Changing... energy? Was it perhaps due to a longterm exposure to the grimoire perhaps? It was supposed to be a magical book after all, and it was always with you. Still, magic was definitely not your area of expertise, still why would Chen avoid you over all this?

When you brought that point up, she sighed and shook her head.

“Well, it's not just that. But it's your... smell. Not like smells you know but like... uhm, I can't really describe it to a human. You have multiple smells though... you reek of something I've never smelled before, I can tell you're coming from far away. It's kind of how I've been able to avoid you... but you also smell... well, I guess there's a bit of human there too. But... you also have a pretty strong scent of... well, uhm... d-death.” the shikigami's ears flatten down a bit, and her expression saddens, “You smell of death.”

Like death? Well that's a very odd thing to say, you certainly weren't dead after all and it's not like you ever killed anyone before. Still, Chen's expression looked very... distraught. She probably wasn't lieing or making it up, but what did it all mean? Though it at least explained why she wanted to avoid you, if you found some strange person that defied everything you knew and had a funny, strong smell about them you'd probably avoid them too.

“I see Chen, well... I'm not sure what that all means to be honest, so there's not a lot I can do about it. But you don't have to avoid me you know! I'm a nice person, so...”

Her expression softens a bit, “I guess that's true... I'm sorry if I seemed to be avoiding you but you're just so... so different! Strange, odd.” she extends her hand out, “I guess if you're a nice person though, we can be friends anyway. Maybe I'll get used to it.”

Smiling at the young shikigami, you take her hand and give it a light shake, “Well wasn't it nice to have this little chat? Much better then avoiding me right?”

“I guess so! Hey you wanna play with me Reina? We can play tag or hide and go seek, ok?” she announces cheerfully.

Well, why not? You didn't have anything else to really do at the moment anyway.

~

After spending a few hours, you think, playing tag and hide and go seek with Chen (it turns out you're terrible at both when playing against her. Especially hide and go seek), Ran comes to collect her, mentioning something about bath time. Though she seems displeased at this news, she begrudgingly accepts and bids you farewell. You were kind of worn out yourself, and could use a bath too, but it was probably best to wait until Ran and Chen were done.

“She's such an energetic little girl, isn't she?” asks Yukari curiously,

“Yeah she is, I don't know too many kids though so...” you reply, glancing over your shoulder to the gap youkai.

The youkai takes a seat on one of the rocks in the courtyard, she motions for you to do the same, “I really didn't want her talking to you like that though! It's just going to confuse you and bug you, I wanted your time here to be all about relaxing and having fun!” she sighed dramatically, “But I guess it's what happens when you're my friend my dear.”

“Well, yeah... I guess it is bugging me now that you mention it. Though you probably already knew that didn't you?”

“Of course my dear!” she considers this a moment and chuckles, “Ah, I see a joke. Before you ask, no we will not discuss it. There is a time and place for everything my dear, and this! This is not the time for it, nor the place. It's almost time for your night out with lovely Yuuka, and you don't need anything new on your mind! Actually, that's what I wanted to talk about that's right!”

“Eh? Talk about my going with Yuuka to Remilia's party tomorrow night?”

Yukari claps her hands together, “Exactly! You can't just go wearing normal everyday stuff, no, no! You should wear something nice, for a special occasion you understand? Remilia might never say it upfront, but she always expects it.”

You frown, “But I don't really have anything suitable. Wearing my Halloween costume would just be silly... and it's much to late to ask Alice to make anything, she's a good seamstress but she can't make something overnight.”

“Ah don't worry about it, I'm sure there's something laying around that'll fit you!” she gives you a quick look over, “I think you can probably fit into some of my older clothes. My, my I eagerly anticipate how you'll fill out in a few years my dear~.”

“Er, I'm not sure Yukari... I mean, no offense, but I've only ever seen you really wear really fancy, frilly dresses. I'm not sure if that's - “

She cuts you off with a snap of her fan, “Well, I wouldn't give you anything that fancy! I have simpler things you know!” she pauses, “Do you like more simple things Reina? Maybe I should model some of my wardrobe for you sometime, ohoho~.”

“Well... erm, if you insist I guess I'll see if there's something I like...” you decide to not even answer her joking question.

“Indeed I do! Come on, come on it'll be fun I promise! I'll get your measurements and everything~.”

Oh gods no. Did she really have to? If she knew all your thoughts, she already knows them anyway... she just wants the physically enjoyment of the measuring you bet. Sigh.

“Oh, only a little bit! I promise I won't feel you up too much Reina~.”

- - -

Yukari can be a pain sometimes...
[ ] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...
[ ] Something simple but maybe not a dress, some kind of suit or something?
[ ] Run while you still can!
[ ] Other (write-in)

something Christmas-themed. Feel free to add your own suggestions. Next update will be Christmas party with Yuuka, hooray!
>> No. 118354
[Q] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...

Is this going to be a santa dress thing?
>> No. 118355
[X]Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...

Oh dear, Yukari just loves teasing poor Reina~
>> No. 118356
File 127526547494.png - (1.73MB , 1500x3400 , Yuuka 038.png ) [iqdb]
118356
[ø] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...
Since Reina's Halloween costume was quite extravagant, we could keep it a bit more simple this time. I'm sure Yukari has some nice dresses to match Yuuka's outfit~
>> No. 118358
[x] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...
>> No. 118359
File 127527183314.jpg - (1.28MB , 1464x1994 , there`s something hot about hair draped like so.jpg ) [iqdb]
118359
[x] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...

>>118354
I like this 'Santa dress thing' idea.
>> No. 118360
What Chen said was indeed food for thought that the Grimoire is really doing some unusual things.
>> No. 118361
>>118359

God yes that. 100 times that. Make this a clarification of my older vote:
[Q] That santa dress in >>118359
>> No. 118364
[x] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...
>> No. 118375
[x] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...

I'd be more concerned if I smelled like death.
>> No. 118395
>>118359
this
>> No. 118404
[x] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...
>>118375 She took being "marked for death" rather well too.
>> No. 118524
File 127565580213.jpg - (92.43KB , 500x600 , ebc9a4ba32cabf02b396a9f05239fb46.jpg ) [iqdb]
118524
[x] Better keep it simple though, maybe a dress...

“A-are you sure this is entirely appropriate Yukari? I mean, it's kind of uhm... cold-looking, and ah, very un-Christmas-y!”

The youkai taps her fan to her chin, “Really? But it has red and white! Plus that cute little white fur trim and everything! It screams Christmas, doesn't it?”

“Except for the fact it, well you know, seems to accent and emphasis particular parts of the body... isn't this supposed to be a family holiday!?” you protest with a groan.

“Well, maybe in the outside world but... come on, come on, come on! You'll wear it right, pleeeease~?”

Sigh, she wasn't going to let you go anywhere until you agreed to this... you're not even sure why you agreed to put it on now. Maybe it did look kind of nice, but when you put it on you couldn't help but notice how it emphasizes your bust and then the skirt! The skirt is so short you swear if you just bend over slightly, you'll give everyone a peek. Still, there was no escape by this point...

“Ok, ok... b-but I'm going to need a coat or something, or I'm going to freeze to death when I go to get Yuuka!”

~

Hugging the coat closer to your body, you shiver as you wait patiently outside the flower youkai's house. Hidden underneath the coat was a carefully wrapped bundle, containing all the gifts you had made for your friends. Oh and of course the highly inappropriate (or so you thought) Christmas dress Yukari had helped you pick out. Thankfully she at least let you pick your undergarments, and not the ones she had begged for you to use instead...

“Oh I knew I shouldn't have worn this dress, I'm absolutely freezing even with this coat on... that darn youkai! She's just doing this for her own enjoyment, why did I ever - “

You're interrupted from your complaining by a pair of arms wrapping around your neck, and the flower youkai resting her chin ontop of your head, “My, my little flower, you feel so cold. We best get you to the party before you get frosted, it would be a shame to get my precious little flower frostbitten, ruin her delicate beauty.”

Blushing you nod your head, “R-right, uhm... I-I guess that means you'll give me a lift Yuuka?”

“Of course little flower, it'll be a bit colder this way, but I fear you won't make it if we take the scenic route.” in a quick movement, you find yourself swept off your feet, the youkai holding you in her arms, “Now then, let us be off little flower, I don't imagine the vampire likes waiting for her guests. Hold on, I would feel terrible if you were to fall.”

Nervously wrapping your arms around the green-haired woman's neck, after checking to see if she objected, you cautiously peeked at the ground below, watching it fly by as the cold wind bit at your exposed skin. You probably should've felt colder, but you felt warmer in the youkai's embrace and care. Maybe tonight wouldn't be so bad after all.

It didn't take long for the fields of flowers to fade to grassy hills, then to the clear waters of the lake, and finally the grounds outside the mansion. On the outside the mansion seemed the same as ever, didn't look like Remilia wanted to go through the effort of stringing up Christmas lights or anything like that. Considering the size of a mansion, it would probably take a lot of time anyway. As Yuuka bypassed the gate by flying over it, you swore you could make out a figure huddled in front of the gate, covered in snow.

Certainly even Meiling got to come inside to enjoy the party right? You probably only imagined it. The youkai set you down gently once her feet touched the ground and she strode over to the large doors of the mansion, pushing them open effortlessly. The maid of the mansion stood waiting at the entrance as soon as the doors open, while she still wore a maid's uniform it had been altered to a more Christmas-friendly color scheme. She curtseyed once you and Yuuka had entered the mansion itself.

“It's good to see you again, it has been a while hasn't it? Please, this way.” she said, beginning to walk off already before you could return her greeting.

The halls of the mansion seemed the same as always, perhaps a bit more clean and shiny then usual, but overall it felt the same. Seems Remilia would only bother to deck out a single room in her mansion for Christmas or something, maybe not the most festive person around... Sakuya eventually pushed open a door, not a very large one you noticed, and gestured inside.

Judging by the size of the door, you didn't expect to see such a large room inside. This mansion really was a strange place. It reminded you of the hall Remilia had used for Halloween, only it looked less symmetrical. It still had an upper floor and a balcony, where she was probably lounging when she didn't wish to mingle with her guests. But this hall, you guess it was a hall anyway, featured an extremely large, and painstakingly decorated Christmass tree dominating the center of the room.

Guests mingled usually around the tables with food, straying from the present laden tree. Unlike Halloween it was much easier to pick out the people you did know, you could see Alice but you didn't see Marisa – though given her ah habit of 'finding' things, she might've not been invited. Reimu was here as well, chatting with Alice in fact.

“May I take your coat miss Reina? As well as any presents, they have to be kept under the tree after all.”

Oh. Right. Your coat, which was hiding this terribly embarrassing dress Yukari picked out. Too late to turn back now, and you couldn't just run away... Sakuya could probably catch you, and it would be a terrible night for Yuuka. Nervously slipping the coat off and surrendering it to the maid, in addition to the bundle of presents, you do your best to hide the rising blush in your cheeks.

The maid offered a polite smile as she curtseyed again, “Enjoy your time miss Reina. I'll inform Lady Remilia that you have arrived, she always looks forward to your visits.”

And with that she vanished, as she seemed to like to do. Hugging your arms to your body, you look about the room, no one seems to have noticed you arrived yet. Maybe if you kind of sat off in the corner with Yuuka, no one would have to know about this -

“Don't be afraid little flower, Yukari has quite the interesting taste in dresses, doesn't she?” commented the flower youkai, “I find it is very flattering on you. Don't be so embarrassed about it, this is after all a party and you should mingle with your friends, and their friends.”

“B-but this dress it's just so, so... ugh! I mean, if I like bend over I'm going to be showing everyone my underwear a-and...”

The youkai firmly places her hands on your shoulders, “Don't be shy little flower. While I wouldn't like you to be looked at in that manner, just don't invite the opportunity. Besides, what is the point of caring for the most beautiful flower, if you cannot show it? Come little flower, let us enjoy this time.”

- - -

Well, here it is! The party:
[ ] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.
[ ] Yuyuko is probably around here somewhere, probably at the food, she's a friend of Yukari's so why not see her?
[ ] Remilia is going to want to see you sooner or later, maybe you should go see her now.
[ ] Maybe you'll go mingle but just stay with Yuuka...
[ ] Other
>> No. 118525
[Q] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.

I'm really not sure what to pick...
>> No. 118526
[x] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.
I don't know how many updates this party is going to be so I'll add a make-certain vote to it:
[x] Make sure you spend at least some time with Yuuka, wouldn't do to ignore her even if you do other things.
>> No. 118527
[X] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.
>> No. 118529
[ø] Yuyuko is probably around here somewhere, probably at the food, she's a friend of Yukari's so why not see her?
For variety's sake, although all the options sound good~
>> No. 118531
[X] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.
>> No. 118535
[x] Yuyuko is probably around here somewhere, probably at the food, she's a friend of Yukari's so why not see her?

spice, life, etc
>> No. 118536
[x] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.
>> No. 118559
[x] Yuyuko is probably around here somewhere, probably at the food, she's a friend of Yukari's so why not see her?

At the least, we should be sure to get some food sometime during the evening unlike last time. Also, I rather like playful Yuuka.
>> No. 118563
[X] Yuyuko is probably around here somewhere, probably at the food, she's a friend of Yukari's so why not see her?

Get to the food before she eats all of it.
>> No. 118585
[x] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.

Let's see if Reimu nosebleeds at Reina.
>> No. 118604
>>118585
>nosebleeds
I'd like to think that Kriss is above using that shitty reaction.

But then I'd also like to think Kriss was above leaving Meiling OUT IN THE FUCKING COLD.
>> No. 118907
"I wonder why Yuuka asked me to come here." Reina pondered, closing the door behind her. The electric lights in the room blinked, making her thoughts shift to wondering what the kappa are doing to cause enough drain on gensoukyou's power grid for that to happen.

None of Reina's 14 years as a restorer could have prepared her for the events of the past few months, first being spirited away to a mystical land rife with youkai, or demons for the lack of a better translation. Yukari, who did the actual spiriting away was an elder 17 year old youkai with an incomprehensible sense of humour and a casual ability to annoy serious people. She had warned Reina that the land to which she was being brought was rather dangerous, since she, as a human was a delicious snack to most of the demons.

She took most of it in a stride though, not having much to miss in the outside world and quickly making friends, some very close to her indeed. Spending time with her friends and working on her trade, restoring furniture, took most of her time, with only the ocassional party breaking her calm, if not entirely leisurely life. She had almost completely forgotten the warnings given to her about youkai. One of those parties had started just a few hours ago...

The flower youkai had asked her to come to this relatively secluded room after she'd finished with the usual social pleasantries a party like this requires. It was clear that the room had had some preparation, the large bed next to a curtained window and a bottle of decidedly expensive looking wine on a bedside table showed no dust on them. There was no smell of an unused room in the air, in fact a rather pleasant, sweet fragrance floated to Reina.

Reina briefly wondered which one of the residents this room belonged to, a train of thought cut short by the feeling of gentle hands settling on her shoulders.

"Hello there, little flower."

Not having sensed anyone's presence in the room, Reina gave a start, which rapidly turned into a shock as Yuuka's hands slipped into an embrace. Something soft pressed against Reina's back

"Yu-Yu-Yuuka!? W-what are you doing!? " Reina's voice was trembling with not-quite-fear. The youkai had never behaved quite like this before in her presence.

"Embracing my little flower, of course." Yuuka deadpanned.

"That's quite besides the point! I mean..." The complaint was cut off by a soft finger pressing against her lips.

"I'm sorry Reina, but I couldn't wait any more." With this, the embrace was gone. Before she could react, the restorer was swept up by her legs and back. The flower master was grinning nervously. "I hope you don't mind... well no, you do mind, but I mean..."

An embarassed silence fell between them two. As reina's sight shifted down from the youkai's face, she noticed that Yuuka was wearing but a black, frilly, rather translucent negligee. The understanding hit like a bullet train.

Reina looked up and quipped happily. "You want to have a slumber party?" Yuuka's face rapidly cycled from embarassment to surprise to a blank, indecipherable look. And then she sighed. Using her elbow on the light switch she darkened the room, the only light sources left were the two candles on the bedside tables.

She laid Reina gently on the bed, sat beside her and opened the wine bottle. "Wine? I was assured by Remilia that it would be quite excellent." Not really waiting for an answer, she poured both of them a glass.

"Thanks." Reina, who was still smiling ditzily took the offered glass and tasted the drink. "Mmm, not bad, though isn't it a bit sweet?"

"Not as sweet as you are, little flower." The restorer started giggling at the youkai's corny line, a rather infectious giggling as Yuuka joined her moments later.

A few glasses and several quips later Reina noticed something strange, she was feeling very hot for some reason, beyond what a bit of wine should do.

"Oh my, it's quite hot in here, isn't it?" She commented. An unnerving smirk spread on miss flower power's face.

"Oh, we had better take off some of your clothes then, hmm?" Yuuka didn't waste any time in reaching behind Reina and unzipping her flashy dress, whatever meager resistance she could put up was meaningless anyways, as Yuuka trivially brushed it aside.

"Ple-mmmph!" Whatever complaint or request Reina might have had was silenced as the youkai pulled her into a fierce kiss, her other hand gently caressing her partners thighs.

A loud crash from the door interrupted the activity however, Yuuka shot a fierce glance at the remains of the door, and a downright enraged miko standing in the centre of the destruction.

"SHE GOING TO KILL US" said Reina.

"I will shoot at her." Said the flower youkai and she fired the danmaku. Reina danmakued at the miko also and tried to blew her up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

"No! I must sex the youkai!" she shouted.

The miko said "No, Reina. You are the youkai."

And then Reina was a youkai.

--------------

See kriss, this is what happens when you fail to update often enough. We readers start to write terrible, terrible things that should not be witnessed by human eyes.
>> No. 118908
>>118907
ಠ_ಠ
Well, you were right about it being too terrible to witness.
>> No. 118911
>>118907
What in the world I just read? ಠ_ಠ

That was hot, though.
>> No. 118913
That was truly, heartbreakingly terrible.

Yet why do I feel envious?
>> No. 118914
>>118907
glorious.jpg
>> No. 118916
File 127630091749.jpg - (1.79MB , 1500x1400 , 2f4c281bfa4a21b4acc51d79c70e50d5.jpg ) [iqdb]
118916
[X] Go see what Reimu and Alice are up to, you can't help but wonder why Marisa isn't present.

“W-well, I guess this is a party so...” you take a deep breath to calm yourself, “you're right. Well, how about we see with Reimu is up too? If you ah, don't - “

The youkai patted you lightly on the head, “A friend of yours, is a friend of mine little flower. I don't mind who you wish to mingle with, let us not keep the shrine maiden waiting then?”

Everyone in the party seemed to be wearing some sort of festive outfits, or at least the festive colors, which probably made Yuuka stick out like a sore thumb. She at least had swapped her usual plaid colors for just pure red though, and actually given the color of her eyes and hair... guess that was pretty festive for her.

Still, it hadn't seemed like anyone noticed you and her were here yet, or maybe they (unlike the villagers) didn't find your friendship with Yuuka all that noteworthy. Reimu and Alice seemed to be off by themselves, engaged in conversation, and the puppeteer noticed you drawing near and directed Reimu's attention towards you.

As suspected, she hadn't even bothered to dress up (you had begun to suspect it was because she didn't own anything else), but Alice wore her usual style of dress but it was adorned with white fur (maybe fur, might be fake...) trim and red colors... plus some white, blue, green... geez, did she ever wear just a few colors?

“Nice to see you Yuuka, meeting Reina has done wonders for your social life hasn't it?” the shrine maiden's gaze flickered over to you for a moment, giving you a quick look over, “And it would look like Reina has gotten a little help from Yukari's wardrobe I see...”

Alice grinned and shook her head, “I never thought she'd get anyone to wear that. I swear, it's almost like she can see the future. Its been years since I made that for her.”

You sigh, “Quit reminding me, I'm embarrassed enough wearing this. And you made this Alice?”

“Anything beyond normal, everyday clothes is more then likely to be made by me or Rinnosuke. The village tailors and seamstresses only know common designs, they wouldn't know how to make anything special.” the blonde gave you a quick look over as well, “The fact it fits you so well, really does make me think Yukari knew she'd have a use for it someday... she's an odd one. As I recall, she paid me in some very nice fabrics for that dress...”

“It looks very nice on her though, doesn't it?” commented the flower youkai, her tone just slightly teasing.

“Well, it does seem to want to emphasize all the right places...” added Reimu, a big grin on her face,

“I do believe that was the intent behind it. It does look like it's working.”

Sigh, you really regret wearing this dress now, “Come on, quit teasing me about it. I feel self-conscious enough as it is.”

The red-white pats you on the head, “Alright, alright sorry Reina. Well, what's up? Having a good time at Yukari's?”

“It hasn't been that bad really, she's been really helpful too. I kind of hope my house will be finished soon though, I kind of miss it now.”

“There's no place like home right? I've only been to Yukari's a few times, and while it is very nice... it's like a maze in there. I wouldn't like to stay there for that long.” pointed out Alice matter-of-factly,

The miko nodded her head in agreement, “It really is. And it has so many empty rooms that all look the same too. It doesn't even look that big from the outside, so I guess it's like this mansion.”

“Not to change the topic or anything but, I can't help but notice Marisa isn't here and well, uhm I kind of thought...”

The puppeteer raised an eyebrow, “That we were going out, yes? Well... look around you,” she gestures to the Christmas tree, “would you ever bring her to a place like this? She's liable to 'accidentally' steal all the presents. Plus... personal issues that don't really concern you Reina, not to be rude.”

“And I know I'd like to get my presents, thank you very much.” commented Reimu with a nod,

“Well, and I'd like everyone to get the presents I made. But I'm not going to tell what! You'll just have to wait and see.”

“My, my personally made presents by the infamous Reina?” said Alice, her tone only slightly mocking, “I do wonder what she has in store for us... something to look forward to tonight.”

Yuuka tapped you on the shoulder and gestured to one of the tables, “Perhaps we should get something to eat little flower, I fear if we wait the ghost princess will devour it all for herself.” she glanced to the blonde magician, “Even you like the taste of food, do you not puppeteer?”

“I suppose Sakuya's food is usually quite delicious... might be a bit insulting to not sample it.”

Reimu clapped her hands together, “Finally! I was waiting for you to say it's time to eat, come on, come on!”

~

You always wondered where Reimu got her appetite from, she has been eating a lot more lately but... the way she ate, you'd think she was starving on a regular basis. Although, given how much Yuyuko ate, perhaps she merely ate so much and so fast because that ghost would probably eat it all before her. Still, at least this time you were able to sample some of Sakuya's delicious cooking.

Randomly, you wondered who was a better cook between Sakuya or Ran, you couldn't say. Ran's cooking was much more simple stuff, things you'd eat on a daily basis. You had so far only tried Sakuya's food during parties, and it was always very exquisite and fancy foods, very tasty you had to admit... probably not going to do wonders for your waistline if you ate it everyday however.

“Excuse me miss Reina...” the familiar voice of the maid paused, “and miss Yuuka as well, Lady Remilia would like to speak with you miss Reina if that is alright with you and your guest, of course.”

The flower youkai gave a slight nod of her head to signal her 'agreement' to allow you to go. Not that her saying no would've stopped you of course! Sakuya gestured upstairs as the flower youkai decided to launch an inquiry with the head maid, something regarding flowers.

You kind of wondered why Remilia always threw so many parties, yet she always seemed to stay distanced from them all, more content to just watch everyone mingle from her upstairs viewpoint. Maybe it was a noble thing or something. The vampire, as usual, wore a rather fancy and frilly dress, though it was colored red and white – which come to think of it, were some rather normal colors for her. She gestured to the seat across from her.

“It's such a delight to see you again Reina, it's been a while hasn't it? Since October... you can afford to stop by once in a while you know.” she stated with a slight smirk.

Taking the offered seat, taking special care to not accidentally give the vampire a peek up your skirt as you do so, “Sorry about that, busy and all. I'll see if I can make the time eventually.”

The blue-haired noble gives an exaggerated sigh, “Very well, as long as you give it some thought.” she gestures to the tea set laid out on the table, “Some tea then? I do hope Sakuya remembered how you like it.”

“I'm not a very picky eater. Her cooking is delicious by the way.”

“I'll be sure to pass it along, I'm quite fortunate to have such a talented maid eh?” she shook her head, “But ah, let me get down to business so you can return to the party... I seem to always bring you here with an ulterior motive in mind don't I? I guess you can call this one a... business arrangement of sorts.”

“A business arrangement?” you ask curiously.

Remilia nodded, reclining into her seat as she interlaced her fingers, “Indeed. Nothing very fancy, it's more of a contract. Rather then pay you individually for your work, I'll simply pay you monthly... with a bonus perhaps for noteworthy jobs.” she cocked her head to the side, “Of course, I'll pay you monthly even if I don't give you any work. Like a salary, see? I know you need money, and well, I need things sometimes as well and I've grown to like your works. The villagers produce fine products yes but... they lack that personal touch.”

So sort of like a salary job, but more freelance. Considering Remilia's generosity towards you in general, this didn't seem like a bad deal really...

“Well, how much are you thinking of offering?” you ask, “Not that, uh money is my main goal or anything!”

“That's what we're here to discuss of course. It wouldn't be much of an arrangement if we didn't engage in a bit of friendly bartering now would it?” replied the noble with a smile.

~

Remilia looked over the paper before scribbling something on it, nodding then placing it away, “Well, now that we have the business arrangements out of the way, how about something more festive?”

“Is this going to be another one of your usual offers of something?” you reply with a smile.

“Hit the nail on the head! I do so enjoy it sometimes. Perhaps not something like a tarot reading, I remember your stance on that and I shall respect your opinion... even if you change your mind, no tarots for you.” the vampire laughs, “This time much more simple... but I fear I must keep it not too obvious for my own sake. It's more fun this way.”

“I feel you and Yukari love your little cryptic games sometimes.”

The vampire smiles, “Maybe a little bit. Though I would say Yukari likely engages in more of the odd and mystery, then the cryptic. But let's see... for your gift on this fine night... I'll offer you...” she pauses a moment to consider, “Something of monetary value, something of practical use, or something of use in... well, a more romantic sense. As I recall, I think Pache had something for you as well... but me first, right?”

- - -

[ ] Well, more money couldn't hurt... right?
[ ] Something useful... sounds useful!
[ ] Romantic use huh? N-not that you need it!

After:
[ ] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
[ ] Yuuka is your guest so you should probably get back to her, Patchouli will probably find you
[ ] Other?

I didn't know I was so behind. I felt like I only updated a few days ago... boy was I wrong.
>> No. 118920
[x] Something useful... sounds useful!
[x] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.

I don't think Patchouli would do much moving around.
>> No. 118922
[x] Something useful... sounds useful!
[x] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
>> No. 118926
[x] Something useful... sounds useful!
[x] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
>> No. 118927
[X] Something useful... sounds useful!
[X] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
>> No. 118933
[X] Romantic use huh? N-not that you need it!
[X] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
-[X] ... But do get back to Yuuka quickly.

She already gave us engagement rings. I'd like to see her top that.
>> No. 118936
[x] Something useful... sounds useful!
[x] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
>> No. 118937
>>118933
Sex toys?
>> No. 118939
[X] Romantic use huh? N-not that you need it!
[X] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
-[X] ... But do get back to Yuuka quickly.
>> No. 118940
[x] Something useful... sounds useful!
[X] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.

Reina's a practical woman, although I am curious what the romantic option would be.
>> No. 118944
[x] Something useful... sounds useful!
[X] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.

If this option wins, Kriss please tell us what would be romantic option.
>> No. 118948
[ø] Romantic use huh? N-not that you need it!
[ø] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
>>118933
indeed curi- >>118937
dohoho
>> No. 118950
[x] Romantic use huh? N-not that you need it!
[x] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.
>> No. 118954
>>118937
Know the writer, I doubt it.
>> No. 119476
Not an update of the story but an update for me in general. I have started the update but... well, all of last week was pretty tiring. And now I'm running into a problem of trying to balance video game time and writing time.

Before I used to pretty much work all day, then spend all day trying to write an update, then sleep... I didn't like this after some time, so I tried to balance gaming with writing and it worked for a bit. Now I'm starting to game too much and not write enough.

Plus I hit a roadblock in that I totally forgot what I planned so now I'm having to think it out again. I apologize, I really do, I'm sure you all miss when I used to update daily. I'll see what I can do about updating today.

This applies to Exile as well but, only without the 'forgetting what I had in mind'. I'm just managing my time poor lately.
>> No. 119490
>>119476
Don't worry, eventually you'll hit a point where most games just feel like a waste of time and you'll spend more time on things that actually develop you, like writing. After all, there is a limit to how many special items you can be arsed to hunt down, how many exp points you're willing to kill for and how many quests you're willing to complete for cash. There comes a day in every gamers life that playing most games just feels like you're throwing your life away. Here's one to hoping you'll hit that day soon.
>> No. 119500
>>119490
Good one, got any other jokes?
>> No. 119504
>>119490
I hit that moment in my third year of college. Really would like to have hit it sooner.

I look at WoW players, and just shake my head, mystified.
>> No. 120073
File 127827268382.png - (158.83KB , 442x464 , 03b0acbecda7c5c6e2ede340694b9cbf.png ) [iqdb]
120073
[x] Something useful... sounds useful!
[x] Go see Patchouli now, she's... somewhere right? Remilia probably knows.

Remilia seemed to like her cryptic choices, maybe they were some sort of way she used to judge character or something? Or maybe she just got a kick out of people trying to see if they could guess her intentions.

“Well, I don't think I'm short on money and ah... w-well, the practical one of course.”

The vampire nodded her head, “That sounds just like you Reina, always thinking beyond money and wanting something you can use! I like that about you, although I was kind of hoping you'd pick romantic and maybe I could figure out who you're aiming for...”

“I-I don't know where people keep getting this idea I'm pursuing any kind of romantic relationship...” you mutter.

“Well you know how gossip and rumors go. As for your gift, well...” the noble grinned, “I'll send it along. It's not something you can carry around... a bit too big. I'm sure it'll be a nice surprise when you get home.”

Something of practical use that was too large to carry around? Well, that doesn't help narrow it down too much... still, guess you'll just have to wait to see what that present will be. Considering what you know about Remilia you could sit around thinking and guessing, and you'd probably never get it. That girl was so very unpredictable... you still remember her paying you in a bridal set, when she barely knew you at all!

“Very well, guess it'll be something to look forward to after the party. So, you mentioned Patchouli had something for me as well Remilia? I don't remember seeing her downstairs...”

“Pache dislikes being around in events like this, I had to practically drag her out for Halloween. I'm pretty sure I told her to attend this but...” she sighed and shook her head, “anyway, she'll be in the Voile I'm certain of it. I'll have Sakuya lead you there, wouldn't want you getting lost.”

“Thank you Remilia, although I should probably tell Yuuka - “

“There is no need, I've already informed her you will take a moment to visit Lady Patchouli.” said Sakuya, suddenly appearing with a curtsey, “She understands and will be waiting for you.”

“Oh. Well, thank you Sakuya I ah, didn't really expect you to go tell her for me. I guess I'll follow you now?”

The maid nodded and gestured down the hallway, “Of course, this way.”

~

The purple-haired librarian barely gives you so much as a nod, before simply pointing to the table across from her. Surprisingly, for shutting herself inside the Voile, she had actually swapped her normal attire for a set that looked the same, only it was red with white trim and such. Seems she at least put forth a bit of effort of listening to Remilia before burying herself back in her library.

“I trust Remilia has gone through with delivering your gift already.” it was a statement and not really a question, “Which did you pick?”

“Well, I'm not sure what it was exactly... she kind of gave me choices. I picked the practical one though...”

“I see. I suspected as much. You seem too shy, or perhaps insecure, to see what Remilia had thought would make a suitable romantic gift. Personally, I think her attempts to make you pursue your feelings for Reimu or Yuuka are a bit unusual.”

“I-I...! W-what makes you think I have - “

The librarian peered up from her book, her eyes meeting your own, “I may not express much interest or emotion often, but I am quite capable of picking up on many things. I merely choose to not speak about them. You may hide it and lie to yourself about it, but the feelings are there. But that isn't why I wanted Remilia to bring you here.”

“Lady Patchouli, will that be all?” spoke up a voice from behind you.

The voice belonged to the red-haired assistant of Patchouli, wasn't her name Koakuma? She placed a leather-bound book on the table, which the librarian reached for and flipped through a few pages.

“Would you also fetch that other item I asked about? The... practical one.”

“Of course Lady Patchouli, will there be anything else?”

“Some tea would be nice,” Patchouli glances to you, and you shake your head in response, “just one cup. My usual blend.”

As the familiar leaves, the purple-haired woman offers the book to you. Glancing at the cover, you notice there's no writing on it, and decide to skim through the pages, trying to gleam the importance of the magician's gift. It seemed to be full of various diagrams, symbols, signs, notes... actually, it looked more like a notebook or something then an actual 'book'.

“I've written down some basic principles of magic, along with some simple formulas. I'm unsure as to your actual skill level, so I've done my best to keep it simple. I've done some research and your grimoire, but able to find little but I penned it down as well – in addition to some general advice and the like for proper care.”

“O-oh, thank you Patchouli. I didn't really expect this, it must've been a lot - “

She held up her hand to indicate silence as she shook her head, “It was no trouble. I hadn't brushed up on basic principles in a while, so it served as an interesting refresher for me. I do however have a request for you,” she reached over to her stack of books and fetched one from the top, offering it to you, “I would like you to write down your experiences with the grimoire in this book. It will then be copied to my own copy I have here. I will be frank, your grimoire intrigues me for being able to elude any attempt I've taken to identify its purpose or creator. If I cannot discover either within the Voile, I would at least like to start keeping a record of it. Will you do this for me?”

“Well, I don't see why not. Just write down anything interesting that happens, right?” you ask the youkai, she nods slightly in approval, “Sure thing Patchouli, it's the least I can do for all the time you've spent doing... stuff, for me I suppose.”

“And here is the other gift miss Reina,” speaks up Koakuma from behind you, handing you a wrapped package, “please don't open it until you go back home. I wouldn't wish to ruin Lady Remilia's surprise.”

“Thank you for your time Reina, you may return to your festivities... and if Remilia asks, I will attend the party when I feel like it. Have a good time.”

- - -

[ ] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?
[ ] Maybe see if you can track down Reimu, she probably won't be hard to spot.
[ ] Well this is a party, maybe you can see if someone else you know is here... (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

I haven't been able to get any new Reina art in a long time, isn't it sad?
>> No. 120075
[ ] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?
>> No. 120077
[X] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?

She is our date, after all~

Plus, love her. Plus, she rarely steps out of the house, so it's important to make the most of this!
>> No. 120078
[X] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?
>> No. 120080
[x] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?
>> No. 120083
[x] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?
>> No. 120084
[ø] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?
>> No. 120095
[x] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?
>> No. 120100
[x] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?

It certainly is.
>> No. 120111
[X] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?

As long as this doesn't close things off with Reimu.
>> No. 120146
File 12784718375.jpg - (461.99KB , 775x925 , e8904c5a9ac34da9490bcb89c80c3cf5.jpg ) [iqdb]
120146
[X] Best to get back to Yuuka, this is your night with her after all, right?

The green-haired youkai was patiently waiting where you left her, off by herself in the main hall of the party. As you drew near, she took notice and greeted you with a slight smile.

“Was that a little pep in your step I noticed, little flower? Nice gifts from the vampire then?”

“Actually, she didn't tell me what they were... or rather the one I picked. She left it as a surprise for when I get home.”

Yuuka nodded her head, “I see, she always did seem to have a flair for the unusual and mysterious. Quite the eccentric little girl indeed, well, what is that book tucked under your arm there? In fact, that appears to be two books my little flower, gifts from the librarian as well?”

You hadn't brought along anyway to actually carry the books, so it was probably no surprise Yuuka was able to spot them so easily. Patchouli's second book was wrapped and she had also commented, with some distaste, to not open it until you got home – apparently it was meant to compliment Remilia's gift and thus, if you peeked at it now, you'd spoil the surprise. From the librarian's tone, she didn't much care for Remilia's antics but seemed to play along anyway.

“Yeah, the only one I know of here is just a book she wrote for me... she wants me to write stuff down in it too, some kind of shared book somehow or... something. I'm not really sure, I'm not much of a magician or something.”

Yuuka nodded her head, “Of course little flower, although your Halloween costume would make you seem like an adorable flower magician.”

“T-that's just a costume! I couldn't really wear that around casually, it's so embarrassing...”

“Really now? Quite the shame little flower, you always seem so shy to ever show off that body of yours! Except when it comes to special occasions it seems.” teased the youkai with a small grin.

Tugging down on your skirt embarrassingly you blush, “O-only because it's a once a year thing! And here I thought you didn't have much teasing in you Yuuka.” you reply with perhaps a bit too much snark.

“I save it up just for you little flower,” replied the youkai smoothly, “teasing aside, would you like to take a walk? This place is quite confusing, but I'm certain I can find that lovely balcony from before, and we can look out at the garden for a time, little flower?”

Well, this was your idea to invite her and everything right? You're sure no one will mind really, Reimu was here but she seemed busy discussing something with Alice, and you didn't really know anyone else here all that well...

“Ok, sure thing Yuuka. Lead the way? I'm sure I'd just get us horribly lost and we'd stumble into some ancient, forbidden chamber or something.”

She held out her hand, “Of course Reina, I'll do my best to keep us from getting lost. I think my sense of direction will suffice to the task.”

~

The size of the flower field was still just as amazing as last time, and perhaps even more so now with the flowers coated in the soft powder of snow, and somehow further enhanced by the light of the moon. The air was as cold as ever, and your lack of proper winter clothing didn't help the situation all too much... but Yuuka seemed to have taken note, holding you closely to her as she pointed out and explained things about various flowers in the field.

Although you weren't really sure about everything she was talking about – and frankly she was saying too much, and you didn't really have time to absorb it all in – it was still very interesting to see her like this. Flowers, and perhaps by extension all plant life really, was her passion and love, which is probably expected from someone known as a “Flower Master”.

As the green-haired youkai spoke, she casually seemed to glance upwards and pointed a finger above her head, “Well my little flower, would you look at that?”

Following the youkai's advice, you look above curiously – expecting her to point out some stars or something, or maybe some odd plant growing on the walls of the mansion – but instead notice nothing... but as you looked a little bit harder, you made out an out-of-place, small little... your heart skipped a beat as your face flushed, your mind quickly able to dig the relevant information out of its memory.

It was a little bit of mistletoe hanging above your heads. Even if you never really had a proper Christmas, you did know the significance of this little plant and what happens when people meet underneath it... although you're rather certain the intent of the tradition wasn't really intended to be used this way, but this was Gensokyo and not the outside world...

“M-mistletoe...” you stammer out shyly.

The flower youkai nodded her head, “That it is little flower, and I must imaging from the flush in your cheeks you at least know the significance of it. While I will not lie, I would very much appreciate it but... if you are uncomfortable Reina...”

- - -

[ ] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[ ] T-this is too much...
[ ] A moment to remember...? ♥
[ ] Other
>> No. 120148
[do it, you pansy] Just kiss her already.

She totally wants it. You totally want it. Do it.
>> No. 120149
>>120148

Damn it, I was going to make a joke about Reina losing her Pansy status! Though that's a bit too obvious...

[X] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
>> No. 120155
[x] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!

Although I am curious how the "A moment to remember option <3" would go.

But I'm worried if we do go for Yuuka and Reimu how (maybe even Yukari?!) all parties would react. Makes me worry for Reina....
>> No. 120157
[x] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
>> No. 120159
[X] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[X] A moment to remember...? ♥

We should make it one~
>> No. 120161
[X] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[X] A moment to remember...? ♥
>> No. 120163
[x] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
>> No. 120173
[x] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[x] A moment to remember...? ♥
>> No. 120176
[x] T-this is too much...

What? This is Reina we are talking about...
>> No. 120190
[ø] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[ø] A moment to remember...? ♥
do it, Reina!
>> No. 120203
File 127856104096.jpg - (104.20KB , 500x700 , 0cd122ebd85db9c2a999fa74c681497d85bb15ca.jpg ) [iqdb]
120203
[c] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[c] A moment to remember...? ♥

No regret, etc.
>> No. 120212
[x] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[x] A moment to remember...? ♥
YES YES
>> No. 120229
I hope Reimu doesn't end up walking out there at the worse possible time.
>> No. 120235
>>120229

I can only hope it wouldn't be that cliche.
>> No. 120236
>>120229
Hmmmm... *Takes note*

RiG update probably not until tomorrow or something though. I'm trying to alternate between RiG and EoH for now.
>> No. 120237
>>120236
That cliche isn't a good thing; it's trite and encourages route faggotry.
>> No. 120323
File 127885812167.png - (298.46KB , 500x400 , 3beb8d94804c5af87dda780921ece777.png ) [iqdb]
120323
[X] Your first proper kiss with Yuuka...!
[X] A moment to remember...? ♥

Despite the cold, you could feel the heat in your cheeks as you looked to the mistletoe, then to Yuuka. Your heart hammered in your chest as you took a breath to calm yourself.

“N-no, I mean! No I don't have a problem with it, not uhm, saying no to the ah... tradition?”

The flower youkai smiled, “I see little flower, I'm glad to hear that.”

Yuuka's wrapped her arms around your waist, drawing you close as she looked down at you, a rare smile remaining on her lips. Blushing at the youkai's touch, you nervously inch your head towards the youkai, whom lowers her own head down until your lips meet.

This wasn't your first kiss anymore, but it certainly was your first real kiss with Yuuka. Reimu's kiss had been timid on both your parts, both of you still rather unsure about the whole thing but deciding to go with it anyway. Yukari... well, she knew what she was doing and enjoyed watching your reaction.

But Yuuka? It was a different experience all together. She wasn't timid and unsure of herself with Reimu, but she also wasn't trying to get a reaction or some such out of you like Yukari. The youkai's kiss was just... well, you didn't really have a good way to describe it. She knew what she was doing, and it just felt... wonderful. Yeah, that'll work. You were thankful for her tight hold on your waist, for your legs were feeling just a bit weak.

After a minute or two, the green-haired youkai's lips finally drew away. Her hold around your waist didn't loosen as she regarded you with a rather... interested look, perhaps?

“My little flower... you seem to be out of breath.” she teased, “And I dare say that wasn't your first kiss, I expected a little more timidness! Although, I will admit Reina, it was quite... enjoyable.”

You blush and glance away embarrassed, “I-I uhm, I enjoyed it too Y-Yuuka... uhm...”

The youkai shook her head, “No, no you don't need to tell me whom my little flower, I don't care about silly little things like that. Perhaps its due to a difference in lifespans, but I see no value in taking the first of anything from something... perhaps a nice bonus, but I do not consider it such a sacred things as you humans do.” in a rare moment the youkai laughs and gestures inside, still holding you close, “Shall we go inside then? I can see the frost starting to build up on your skin little flower, that won't do.”

Before you can agree or disagree, Yuuka guides you back into the mansion itself, closing the doors behind her. The room was a little cold, that's what happens when you let all the warm air out after all, but it was much better then being outside where the wind was sapping the body heat away. Although, with Yuuka you hadn't really thought about it...

“I'm sorry to interrupt,” spoke a familiar voice, “but perhaps you'd like some hot chocolate?”

To your surprise, you find Sakuya standing off to the side, a tray in her hand. On the tray is two cups of hot chocolate, you could tell it was hot because you saw the steam rising. Well, and she did call it hot chocolate. The youkai seemed momentarily surprised to find the maid here, before shrugging and taking one of the offered cups.

“Ah, thank you Sakuya. This is unexpected.” you say, reaching out for the remaining cup.

The maid shakes her head slowly, “Think nothing of it. It's a cold day outside, I thought you would like it. Do be careful, it is quite hot, don't burn yourself.”

“How goes the party?” asks Yuuka, taking a sip from her cup,

“It goes as well as one would expect. They will probably start opening presents soon, if you like you can remain her until then and I shall inform you when the time comes. I must tend to the other guests now,” she curtseys and tucks the empty tray under an arm, “I shall see you later, guests.”

As Sakuya vanishes from view, she sure loves doing that, you glance up to Yuuka, “You uhm... don't think she saw, did you?”

“It is a possibility little flower, I wouldn't think she had any reason to be watching this place.” the youkai shows you her free hand, the mistletoe resting in her palm, “After all, the vampire didn't hang any mistletoe anywhere in her mansion.”

You look from the mistletoe resting in Yuuka's palm, to the door to the balcony, noting with alarm that the mistletoe was indeed missing. The gears turn in your head as you put two and two together.

“Y-you put that mistletoe there! Geez, I didn't think you had that in you.”

The flower youkai cracks a rare grin, “I have been known to pull the occasional prank my little flower. After all, this is one of the times I can use my abilities to set-up such a situation... but, is it really such a bad thing? You wanted it as well, isn't that right my little flower?”

“Ah, well... uhm, I guess... it wasn't such a bad prank. I never expected that kind of thing from you though!”

“I'm full of surprises little flower.” replied the youkai with another smile.

- - -

[ ] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [ ] … What kind of surprises?
- [ ] (Write-in)
[ ] Go back to the party and wait for presents!
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 120325
[x] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [x] … What kind of surprises?
Hell yeah.
>> No. 120326


[ø] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [ø] … What kind of surprises?

no regrets, etc. However, we should try to make it back before the group starts opening the presents.
>> No. 120328
[x] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [x] … What kind of surprises?
>> No. 120333
[Sweet Yuuka being sweet] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [I hope one of them is a penis] … What kind of surprises?
>> No. 120338
[x] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [x] … What kind of surprises?
>>120333
>- [I hope one of them is a penis] … What kind of surprises?
doubtful.
>> No. 120352
File 127893535176.jpg - (161.13KB , 600x487 , d5488cb8b66f4fad816ebac8a8538327.jpg ) [iqdb]
120352
This update is full of ♥.

[c] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [c] …what kind of surprises?

I want to stay with Yuuka for a bit longer, because she is love.
>> No. 120537
File 127950049120.jpg - (370.65KB , 656x732 , 1b6a00ae835ea2911ef325117614e540.jpg ) [iqdb]
120537
[x] May as well stay here and enjoy the hot chocolate with Yuuka right?
- [x] … What kind of surprises?

It was pretty comfortable here and if Sakuya was going to tell you when it was present time... why not enjoy this time with Yuuka? The two of you didn't really spend as much time together as you'd like really, so you may as well enjoy it. Plus this hot chocolate was really, really good. Sakuya's skill in... would this qualify as cooking? Sure, you may as well go with that, was simply amazing. Remilia really picked a good head maid.

“Going to wait for the presents, little flower?”

“Well, I figure if Sakuya is willing to tell us when it's time and uhm... I just want to spend some time with you Yuuka, is that alright with you?”

The flower youkai smiles, “I don't see a problem with it Reina, spending time with you is always a delight.”

“I enjoy it as well, I'm ah... sorry that we don't really spend as much time together as I'd like...”

“Think nothing of it little flower, it makes the time we do spend all the more important yes? Even a youkai can appreciate the small moments in life. Perhaps we treasure them more...”

“Uhm, what is it to live so long anyway? I mean, for humans even imagining living any longer then hundred or so is very... odd.”

The green-haired youkai takes a sip of her hot chocolate, “It is... difficult in some ways little flower. As I mentioned before, we youkai don't often place importance upon the 'first' of anything. Younger youkai, they likely do. But once your life continues on... we move on, and realize that whoever or whatever is the 'first' of something, isn't important. What is more important, I believe, is the experience and memories of that.” Yuuka nods her head, “Besides, even if I'm all out of 'firsts', at least I could say it was my first kiss with Reina.”

“W-well, uhm, t-that's uhm... that works.” you stammer out with a blush.

“Out of curiosity... actually, on second thought, that is none of my concern. So little flower, shall we enjoy this hot chocolate until it's time for presents?”

“Well, actually ah... earlier you said something about surprises, and it uhm... kind of made me curious as to what you meant Yuuka.”

“Curious now are we? Well, I'm afraid you'll have to stay curious little flower,” she playfully pokes you on the nose, “After all, if I told you, they wouldn't be surprises anymore, would they?”

~

Nothing of particular noteworthy interest happened during your time with Yuuka, other then some idle chit-chat and getting some gardening tips and the like from her. Come spring you would probably expect to see less of her as she would be busy tending to her various gardens, and you of course would need to get started on your own again!

Before too long Sakuya appeared (she seemed to like doing the whole 'appear out of nowhere' instead of just walking up like a normal person) and led the two you back to the main hall, where the Christmas tree now had quite a few piles of presents under it. Seems everyone really liked their presents... but how was this going to work? Mad rush to dig through the pile or would they all get handed out or something? There was quite a few guests after all...

“Oh, there you are Reina! Spending some time with Yuuka are we?” spoke up Reimu, walking up to you two,

“Just a bit, having fun Reimu?”

The shrine maiden shrugged, “Mostly enjoying the company and well, the food of course. Can't say there's much 'fun' to do, but oh well. It's nice to see everyone again, especially when it isn't because of one of them causing some kind of incident I need to solve.”

“When was the last time you had an incident to solve, shrine maiden? Hopefully you aren't getting rusty.” taunted the flower youkai.

“Sharp as ever Yuuka, you're not planning anything are you?” replied Reimu with a grin,

Yuuka cocked her head to the side, “Of course not. With your friendship with Reina, I wonder if you bring her along during an incident. I do wonder how well you've trained her.”

“I'd have to say Reina's a pretty good student, she's hard-working and quick to learn. Although, now that I think about it, she doesn't really have much danmaku experience...”

“Perhaps you need an incident to crop up to let her gain experience,” offered Alice, joining in the little conversation, “I don't think beating her up in a spar is all that good for her. Not a good confidence builder either.”

“Hey, hey don't go saying I beat up Reina in front of Yuuka! Er, I mean I don't you know, uhm, beat her up for fun or anything ah...”

“My, my I didn't know you enjoyed beating up innocents shrine maiden,” commented the youkai with a shake of her head, “maybe you really do need an incident to relieve yourself of that pent-up energy.”

“S-she doesn't beat me up that bad...” you mumble out with a groan.

The puppeteer grins and pats you on the shoulder, “It's a learning experience trust me, everyone who tries to get good at danmaku is going to get beaten up by Reimu at one point or another.”

“Hey, hey don't forget Marisa, it's not like I'm the only one who goes around doing all the work. Besides, you helped out that one time as well.”

Alice shrugged, “That I did, but I wouldn't considering fighting me anything special. Now if you get Reimu to go after you... well, you're pretty special then.”

“I don't know if 'special' is the word for it, don't go encouraging Reina to cause trouble or something just for some kind of rite of passage, geez.”

“Excuse me,” interrupted Sakuya, “but I believe these are yours...”

The silver-haired woman distributed gifts to all gathered, you recognized your own packages given to your friends, but you of course weren't expecting many presents in return. So of course, you found out you actually had a fair amount more then you thought. Excluding the books from Patchouli and the 'mystery gift' from Remilia, which was evidently waiting for you back home, you now had gifts from: Reimu, Yuuka, Alice, Yukari, and even Yuyuko.

“You didn't think I wasn't going to get you something for Christmas did you? It's the least I could do for you, all things considered.” pointed out Reimu, noting your surprised expression at your gifts,

“Merry Christmas Reina.”

“Just make sure you take good care of them, my littler flower.” noted Yuuka, revealing her gift to be some kind of plant,

“Lady Remilia's present has been delivered as well, merry Christmas.”

Your first Christmas in Gensokyo, and your first real Christmas... you really couldn't ask for anything better right now. This was such a good, good day... oh gosh, you were probably crying a bit right now.

“Thank you, thank you all so much. This is such... such a wonderful Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!”

- - -

Rather then normal voting options here... something different. This is now RiG's 195th update, I was sort of planning to maybe get 200, but I'm honestly out of ideas for RiG. But you may be thinking:
“But we have Remilia's present to find out still! And all those other ones!”

Yes, you do, but Remilia's present is something uh... something for RiG2 that is going back to me making this a bit more inspired from games such as Harvest Moon or Princess Maker. Hint hint. The other presents uhm... well, fluff stuff. I'm considering Alice's to be a new outfit for RiG2, but I've yet to find an artist to draw Reina, all the ones I find want to draw the Exile instead.

I was thinking of having some kind of vote to go somewhere for the night, but I felt this was kind of pointless. For instance, if you go home, you'll figure out Remilia's gift before I finish it, and well... why would Remilia have Reina spend the night when her gift is still waiting back home?

So I'm not really sure what to do right now. I don't want to make up pointless 5 more updates. Unless, perhaps, I make them some kind of update not focused on Reina, but instead developing the poor plot RiG has tried to develop.

What do you think? I could try that, or perhaps you could all think of some kind of updates or non-canon shorts you'd like to see. Discuss.
>> No. 120538
>>120537

Reimu x Reina x Yuuka H-scene.
>> No. 120539
>>120537

Reina visits a lonely Yuuka and a thunderstorm breaks out, making her to spend the night at Yuuka's home.
>> No. 120540
>>120538
I had a feeling somebody would suggest an H-scene.

I doubt it'd be done though, since Kriss doesn't seem like the type to do H-scenes, to me.
>> No. 120542
>>120540

You cannot stop the inevitable. Give in to the tide. Embrace the urge, and join us.
>> No. 120545
>>120540
Join us. COME WITH US. Join us.
>> No. 120549
>>120538
Three inexperienced girls doing it? Why not add Yukari? Her experience would spice things up.
Maybe add Valeria giving Reina advice.
>> No. 120553
File 127953389939.jpg - (147.98KB , 600x700 , c9cad5c47b5af6c7ac800640e41e9ef7.jpg ) [iqdb]
120553
Reina x Reimu x Yuuka x Yukari x Valeria orgy? I'm fine with it. Who's gonna be the leader, though?
>> No. 120558
>>120540
>>120542
>>120545


Surrender to the Glory of The Many.
>> No. 120559
>>120558

Legion will decide we want to or not, and not before.
>> No. 120561
I'm keeping track of what you all say, really.
Since this is, more or less, the "official" end to RiG for now (until RiG2 of course!) would you mind giving me some feedback?

What did you think, and all that. Did you like the characters? Did you like the 'plot'? So on and so forth.

What do you feel could've been done better, improved? Something you want to see in RiG2?
>> No. 120562
>>120561

I enjoyed it. Yuuka was a lot of fun to be around as was Reimu.

As for what I want to see in RiG2, more Yuuka Time.
>> No. 120563
Well Ill add my lonely voice here that RiG needs more Reimu time.
I especially like how you wrote her. Not like some psychotic monster, but an actual girl that has too many things riding on her shoulders.
>> No. 120565
RiG was a lovely ride. I liked your Yuuka for being a calm, collected individual rather than the crazy woman you see from time to time. I also liked your Reimu for same reasons as >>120563. I also liked your Yukari for her playful nature.

What I missed is some randomness there and there, but this was a slice of life CYOA, so I can’t complain. Maybe Alice was a tad too helpful, too. Next time we should earn our outfits. We have the money, right?
I also liked how you handled romantic scenes, they were great. I wonder how your H-scenes if look like (if we get them).
>> No. 120566
>>120565
I'm planning for money to actually do something in RiG2 beyond just saying Reina has a lot of it or something.

Not particularly too certain yet. I'm not sure if it's all just for fluff/cosmetic purposes if anyone will bother "using" it.
>> No. 120567
>>120566

How about having us use it to make upgrades on our house?
>> No. 120569
>>120567
That is one of the ideas, but I'm not sure if entirely cosmetic things would make anon bother with it, or if there needs to be some kind of benefit.
>> No. 120571
>>120563
I like that as well and Reina was leaning towards Liking Reimu.

>>120565
Yuuka was more closer to canon. Though what's a matter with Alice deciding to be nice?
>> No. 120572
>>120569

This is a story. Nothing is really truly "just cosmetic". People can comment on nice clothes, extra parts of a house could spontaneously come in handy. Plus, this is slice-of-life. It's expected.
>> No. 120575
>>120572

Expansion to the work room means taking more than one order.
>> No. 120576
>>120575

So does building a cloning chamber!
>> No. 120577
>>120572
I suppose. One tricky part to new clothes is lacking a dedicated artist to draw them all for me. I'm a terrible costume designer.

I'm still planning out some kind of pseudo-Harvest Moon like stamina system or something. But I'm iffy on it since it's mostly just so I keep forgetting how long a day is, by kind of limiting how much you can all do a day...

>>120575
The way I'm planning RiG2 right now is, well, brought up in RiG actually. Reina gets salaried from Remilia, with other jobs popping up once in a while or some such to supplement her monthly income.

Also by your actions, you already lose some of that money to give to Reimu monthly. Not that this is a bad thing of course.

I'll kind of address the rest of the comments at once now.

I appreciate what you all say about how I write characters, I was kind of worried really. I've never written Touhou (prior to Hakurei Shrine of Cards of course) so most of my knowledge is from the games and fan materials.

While I did draw some inspiration from other writers, I had my own view on some things as well. Alice has kind of changed a lot, I think from how I originally wrote her as I tried to move more to her "canon" personality then the kind of jealous, shy one you see in fanon a lot.

I always imagined Yuuka as being a very polite person, but one you'd never want to cross. This is derived from I think PMiSS where there is a note mentioning the more powerful a youkai is, the more polite they seem to be or some such. Plus this way of writing Yuuka was just a lot of fun. Makes it easy to remember how she addresses people...

As for Reimu, I always hear people write her as a bitch. I always viewed it differently, especially from the romantic angle, considering she's the last Hakurei and the fact there kind of needs to be some for the Hakurei Border to stay around. I worry I may have made her a bit too deredere though, I kind of wanted her to seem more confident and strong-willed. Not sure if it came out well.

Yukari is just fun to write. You can tell if you read Hakurei Shrine of Cards, I just like writing her.

Really, I liked writing most of the characters. I had a hard time remembering how some characters, particularly Sakuya, addressed people in RiG though so I probably stumbled a lot there.

Back to Reimu and Yuuka, I still remember back when RiG first started and you were all looking for Marisa route... now look where it's gone! I'm quite impressed actually. I kind of wondered if RiG would end up with an early reader 'routelock' or if you all would actually start to wonder which one you really wanted.

RiG2 will also be my first time writing the maintaining of a relationship (eventually), so it'll be another learning experience. However, I will mention that you have managed to grow fond of particularly difficult characters to go for.

It'll be a fun experience I'm sure.
>> No. 120609
>>120571
The problem I see with Alice is that she might be too nice, which sometimes strikes as weird. Nothing beyond that, really.
So, where are the bonus updates?
>> No. 120619
You know well enough that I enjoy this story, but I guess can go ahead and say it here anyway. Naturally, Yuuka is my favorite part, so what I want for RiG2 amounts to more, and more, and more Yuuka time.

Also, I'm glad you shifted Alice's personality away from being a clingy ball of jealousy - I must admit that she kind of grated on me during those earlier appearances. Next you ought to try and work in her habit of talking to her dolls, and by extension herself.
>> No. 120672
>>120619
Nah, the doll talking bit is a bit too fanon. Alice's good as she is, a sensible voice among Reina's circle of friends.
>> No. 120674
>>120672

No, no, she does it in cannon. A lot. Read the three fairies manga, around chapter... three I think? One of the early ones.
>> No. 120676
>>120674
She also does it in the IN prologue.
>> No. 120679
>>120674
Ah... I stand corrected. Worried that someone would use that to justify "Alice has no friends!" meme.
>> No. 125870
>>120674
To be totally accurate, Alice talk though her dolls.
>> No. 125876
File 128761224164.jpg - (418.91KB , 823x1200 , strange_and_bright_ch05_08.jpg ) [iqdb]
125876
>>125870

And she also talks directly to her dolls, which is what we... were discussing. Ages ago.

So yeah. We were totally accurate.