[Return]
Archived Thread

File 126846834476.png - (8.66KB , 549x397 , 000.png ) [iqdb]
114488 No. 114488
You are in a white room. A girl stands in front of you.

Please recommend and action.

>> No. 114491
[x] troll girl
>> No. 114493
[X] Whip it out
>> No. 114495
[x] troll girl
>> No. 114497
[x] Look at girl
>> No. 114498
Also: I hope this is you again.
>> No. 114499
[x] Look at girl
>> No. 114500
[x] Steal her hat.
>> No. 114501
[x] Look at girl
>> No. 114503
[x] make babby with girl
>> No. 114504
[x] Identify girl by her smell
>> No. 114506
[x] Nibble on her ear
>> No. 114507
File 126849545978.gif - (37.72KB , 800x574 , 002.gif ) [iqdb]
114507
>>114491
>troll girl
This seems like a flawless plan, but I'm not sure how I can manage that.

>>114493
>>114506
>Whip it out
>Nibble on her ear

It's tempting, but for some reason I don't think she'd appreciate the gesture.

>>114497
>Look at the girl
I look at the girl, but my vision's all blurry... I can make out a smiling face with long, blond hair tied up on one side.

>>114500
What hat?

>"Wakey wakey..."

==>
>> No. 114508
File 126849548340.gif - (9.63KB , 804x586 , 001.gif ) [iqdb]
114508
...Oh, it's just Sanae. I guess I fell asleep in class again.

>"Wakey wakey," she laughs. "Come on, school's over, sleepy-head."
>> No. 114509
[x] This isn't a school. This is clearly some sort of boundless white expanse. You crazy, Sanae.
>> No. 114510
I kid, I kid.

[x] Did I miss anything important?
>> No. 114511
[X] "School's over" says she, "It's snuggle time" says you.
>> No. 114512
File 126849734563.gif - (13.25KB , 802x579 , 003.gif ) [iqdb]
114512
>>114509
she's sooo crasy

>>114510
>Did I miss anything important?

"Uh, hey, Sanae," I start, wiping the drool from my mouth. "I didn't miss anything important, right?"

She shrugs.

>"I dunno, probably not. It's not like we do much the first week of class anyways."
Right, it's not even October yet. Most of the things we're "learning" is just review from last year.

>>114511
Funny, but I don't quite know her well enough for that. We've known each other for two or so years now, but she's a little... Well, not "out-of-my-league," but more like "out-of-this-world." Her powers sorta creep me out.


Still half-asleep, I pack up my things as Sanae leads me towards the door.

>"Oh!" She exclaims, remembering something. "Are you still coming over to the shrine today?"
>> No. 114513
[x] "Yeah."
>> No. 114515
[ℤℯ] "Of course."
>> No. 114516
[x]"Sure, why not?"
>> No. 114520
[X] Okie-dokie

>>Funny, but I don't quite know her well enough for that. We've known each other for two or so years now, but she's a little... Well, not "out-of-my-league," but more like "out-of-this-world." Her powers sorta creep me out.

Oh, you and your silly "inhibitions" and "her powers creep me out" nonsense. Just wait until we get some hooch in us, then we'll see!
>> No. 114524
File 126850851299.gif - (14.02KB , 793x574 , 004.gif ) [iqdb]
114524
>>114516
>>114515
>>114513
"Yeah, of course I'm still coming," I tell her. Her face lights up.

>"Ah! That's great! You know, the ritual today is--"

"--is a once in a life time experience," I interrupt. "Yeah, you've said that already. Multiple times." Sanae laughs as we head out the door.

...Hm. It's probably nothing, but I can't shake the feeling that...
>> No. 114525
File 126850857397.png - (248.49KB , 767x579 , 005.png ) [iqdb]
114525
Today's gonna be a long day.

Chapter 1 - Esoterica: Forgotten Ritual
>> No. 114526
>blonde Sanae
wat
>> No. 114527
File 126850913124.gif - (13.54KB , 799x579 , 006.gif ) [iqdb]
114527
We step outside the school, ready to head over to the Moriya Shrine. As far as I know, the shrine is just used as a tourist attraction to add an "old Japanese-like feel" to the town. Seldom does someone go over there and pray, and the shrine doesn't get many donations at all. Whenever they get visitors, it's typically people that want to see Sanae do cool tricks.

Although, today, there's apparently going to be pretty packed for some show Sanae's putting on. I'm not sure of why it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but it should be pretty cool, I guess.

>"Oh, do you want to fly over instead? It'd probably be a lot faster."
>> No. 114528
>>114525

[x] "Sure."
>> No. 114529
[X] "Sure."
>> No. 114531
[X] No.

You ever wonder if there are any youkai with acrophobia?
>> No. 114533
[ø]"Sure"
>> No. 114540
File 126851124499.gif - (10.48KB , 798x575 , 007.gif ) [iqdb]
114540
>>114528
>>114529
>>114533
>Sure

"Yeah, alright." I say. I dunno, I'm not a huge fan of flying— I mean, what if I fall or something? There's not even the walls of an airplane to catch me when she carries me around.

Even so, in a matter of seconds, we were airborne, flying a few hundred feet off the ground.

==>
>> No. 114541
File 126851132423.gif - (10.89KB , 804x583 , 008.gif ) [iqdb]
114541
I was surprised to see so many people there.
Sanae was absolutely glowing with excitement, her smile stretched from ear to ear and her step had a little more bounce to it than usual.

>"This is sooo great!" She exclaimed. "Hey, I gotta go get ready, OK? Feel free to look around the shrine and stuff."

"Alright," I said, as she flew off.


It seems like I've got some time to kill; what should I do first?
>> No. 114542
>>114541

[x] Wander around the shrine.
>> No. 114543
[x] Find some girl to stalk.
>> No. 114545
File 126851295154.gif - (9.35KB , 749x581 , 009.gif ) [iqdb]
114545
>>114543
...Maybe later.

>>114542
>Wander around the shrine

Done.


It doesn't look like anyone's actually in the shrine, they're all just waiting outside. With good reason, too—there aren't any lights in here! Sorta makes me wonder why Sanae works here as a shrine maiden for free.

On the wall to my left is a wooden door, while the wall ahead of me has another two.
>> No. 114553
>Move
>Left door
>> No. 114554
[x] Greet the curiously shaped blob of darkness.
>> No. 114557
[x] Greet the curiously shaped blob of darkness.
>> No. 114558
[x] Headbutt.
>> No. 114561
[X] Grope around
>> No. 114563
File 126851822511.gif - (24.87KB , 802x580 , 010.gif ) [iqdb]
114563
>>114554
>>114557
I would, if it were alive. It's a statue of the Moriya Shrine's Goddess, Yasaka Kanako, although it looks like it's seen better times. When Sanae invited me over the first time for a tour, she noted that Kanako apparently isn't the original Goddess.

It looks kinda ominous in this light.

>>114558

There's no way that could end well.
>> No. 114564
[X] Pay your respects, then get outta there. Shit's kinda creepy.
>> No. 114565
[x] Examine titmirror
>> No. 114566
[X] Pay your respects, then get outta there. Shit's kinda creepy.
>> No. 114567
>>114563
[X] Pay your respects, then get outta there. Shit's kinda creepy.
[X] We got some money, right? Why not a donation?
>> No. 114568
[X] Pay your respects, then get outta there. Shit's kinda creepy.
[X] We got some money, right? Why not a donation?
>> No. 114571
>Initial update
>You

>Everything else
>I

wut?
>> No. 114572
[X] Pay your respects, then get outta there. Shit's kinda creepy.
[X] We got some money, right? Why not a donation?
>> No. 114573
For the sake of clarity, are we doing a "majority wins" format, or is this one of those deals where we shouldn't simply copy and paste whatever someone else has voted, and actually try to give as many varied suggestions for what to do as possible?
>> No. 114574
[X] troll god
[X] whip it out, it isn't like the statue will come to life and rip it off
>> No. 114575
File 12685214732.gif - (19.78KB , 788x575 , 011.gif ) [iqdb]
114575
>>114573
Don't copy. I don't really mind if you want to reinforce a suggestion, specifically if it's something like "yes/no," but otherwise a range of actions are preferred.

>>114565
The titmirror is in as bad condition as the rest of the statue, and it sort distorts my face too. Other than that, not much to see here.

>>114567
>>114568
>We got some money, right? Why not a donation?

Might as well, I guess. I don't have a lot on me though.

>>114564
>>114566
>Pay your respects, then get outta there. Shit's kinda creepy.

I'm not really sure how to pray, but I say a few things and back off a bit.

Wait, should I leave the interior of the shrine altogether or should I check out some of the other rooms?
>> No. 114576
[X] Keep looking around!
[X] The other door!
>> No. 114577
[X] Well, maybe a little snooping won't hurt...
>> No. 114579
File 126852201718.gif - (7.32KB , 800x570 , 012.gif ) [iqdb]
114579
>>114576
>>114577

Well then, where to?
>> No. 114581
[X] troll god
[X] whip it out, it isn't like the statue will come to life and rip it off
>> No. 114582
[x] Go west, young man, and grow up with the country.
>> No. 114583
[X] North-east door
>> No. 114584
[x] Use the secret door!
>> No. 114585
[x] Go west, young man, and grow up with the country.
>> No. 114586
[X] North-East door!
>> No. 114587
[x] Slide the statue a block to the right and hit the switch beneath it.
>> No. 114588
[X] No secret doors? North-East then!
>> No. 114590
[x] Up
>> No. 114593
/me hums Zelda overworld theme
>> No. 114618
File 126853442971.gif - (12.47KB , 799x578 , 013.gif ) [iqdb]
114618
>>114587
>Slide the statue a block to the right and hit the switch beneath it.
As tempting as it is, I wouldn't want to mess anything up... The statue's probably too heavy anyways.

>>114584
>Use the secret door!
Of course! It seems so obvious!

...If I knew where it was.

>>114588
>>114586
>>114583
>No secret doors? North-East then!
North-East it is, then.

Looks like it's supposed to be some sort of bedroom, probably for guests. I'm not sure what kind of guest stays at a shrine, but I'm sure it's used every-so-often. There's a closet to my right, with a dim lamp on the same wall. In the corner is a nicely made bed with a small drawer next to it.

On the floor is some sort of clear plastic case... Looks like it fell from somewhere, or someone dropped it and didn't bother picking it back up.
>> No. 114619
[x] investigate it.
>> No. 114621
[x] Investigate case
[X] Beware of the closet
>> No. 114627
File 126853553126.gif - (10.61KB , 797x583 , 014.gif ) [iqdb]
114627
>>114619
>>114621
>Investigate it.

Seems like something you'd keep a bug, or something, in after catching it. I guess in this case, though, it was a snake.

...Unless whatever was inside it named "Snake," then anything could have been in here. It seems to be in decent condition, though; maybe I'll hang onto it for awhile.
>> No. 114628
[x] Hang onto it for a while
[x] Make a note to carefully check inside your shoes before putting them on again.
>> No. 114630
[X] Check the picture frame.
[X] Tug a little on the candlestick dealie. Secret door?
>> No. 114631
[x] Hang onto it for a while
[x] Make a note to carefully check inside your shoes before putting them on again.
>> No. 114632
[X] Check the picture frame.
[X] Tug a little on the candlestick dealie. Secret door?
>> No. 114641
File 126854263759.gif - (14.64KB , 801x543 , 015.gif ) [iqdb]
114641
>>114628
>>114631
>Hang onto it for a while
I stuff the plastic container into my bag.

>>114632
>>114630
>Check the picture frame.
It doesn't contain an actual photo, just a little doodle Sanae set up. The "A" in "Stay" is a star. Cleverrrr.

>Tug a little on the candlestick dealie. Secret door?
No dice.
>> No. 114643
[X] Go back to the other room and try out the northwest door
>> No. 114644
File 126854370675.gif - (10.90KB , 807x586 , 016.gif ) [iqdb]
114644
>>114643
>Go back to the other room and try out the northwest door
I head back into the main room and open up the northwest door. It leads outside. It must be a back entrance to the shrine.

...Do shrine's usually have back entrances? Maybe people don't visit since it's not very traditional.
>> No. 114645
>>114644

[x] Weeeeeeest!
>> No. 114646
>>114641
I snorted in amusement, and then d'awwwed a little.
>> No. 114647
[x] Scan the area for anything interesting. If nothing if found, try the west door.
>> No. 114651
File 126854513159.gif - (12.13KB , 803x587 , 017.gif ) [iqdb]
114651
>>114645
>>114647
>Scan the area for anything interesting. If nothing if found, try the west door.
Nothing really stands out, so...

>Weeeeeeest!
The westernmost door leads to what appears to be a storage room. Everything is caked in dust...

Hung on the wall are a pair of swords that don't look like they've been touched in ages. Next to that is a homemade butterfly exhibit, although it looks like one's missing. In one corner of the room is a crate with a few urns on top, and in the other is some weird statuette.
>> No. 114652
[x] Try to head back to the front.
>> No. 114653
[X] Inspect the statuette, maybe dust off those cobwebs.

I think I see what we'll have to do.
Find the crimson butterfly and mount it back on the display, which will unlock one of the swords which we then have to use to shotgun we're going to take so the ceiling won't come down and crush us.
>> No. 114654
File 126854598112.gif - (8.84KB , 808x585 , 018.gif ) [iqdb]
114654
>>114653
>Inspect the statuette
Looks like a little girl crouching. She's wearing a strange hat, it's got two eyes on the top of it that have a really piercing gaze. Her clothes look a little big for her, especially the sleeves.

>Maybe dust off those cobwebs.
Good as new!

...More or less.
>> No. 114655
>although it looks like one's missing.
Hooray, our first fetch quest!

[x] Grab the spider from the cobweb and stick it in the snake box.
>> No. 114657
[ ] Whip it out

[ ] Try to see how "detailed" the underside of the statue is

[ ] Feed her the butterflies! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM! Yummy!

[X] STARING CONTEST
>> No. 114661
[X] Take the statuette to the statue and put it in front of it. It looks better anyway. Friendlier too.
>> No. 114662
File 126854691644.gif - (14.26KB , 806x585 , 019.gif ) [iqdb]
114662
>>114658
>Check the time
It's fifteen minutes past four.

>>114655
>Grab the spider from the cobweb and stick it in the snake box.
Well, I don't see why not! I grab the spider and stick into the case. What could possibly go wrong?

>>114657
>STARING CONTEST
...

...

...

Hm, I lost. Maybe I'd have a better chance against the spider.
>> No. 114663
[x] Go through your pockets.
>> No. 114665
File 126854761232.gif - (25.30KB , 795x576 , 020.gif ) [iqdb]
114665
>>114661
>Take the statuette to the statue and put it in front of it. It looks better anyway. Friendlier too.

Well, it's definitely more...

...No, never mind, I got nothing.

>>114663
>Go through your pockets
Well, I have a pencil from school, a plastic case with a spider in it, and my bag. I donated what little I had to the shrine, but I wasn't planning on going on a shopping spree anyways.
>> No. 114666
[x] Return to where the crowd of people was.
[x] Look at crowd of people.
[x] Is here anybody you know here?
[x] Is there anybody interesting here?
[x] Where's Sanae?
>> No. 114667
[X] See if anything interesting is going on out front yet.
>> No. 114668
[x] Return to where the crowd of people was.
[x] Look at crowd of people.
[x] Is here anybody you know here?
[x] Is there anybody interesting here?
[x] Where's Sanae?
>> No. 114669
File 126854910086.gif - (15.01KB , 811x582 , 021.gif ) [iqdb]
114669
>>114666
>>114667
>>114668
Yeah, I guess it's best that I stop snooping now. Sanae's probably already done prepping for the ritual.

As I head outside, I n--
>> No. 114670
File 126854920349.gif - (27.24KB , 805x585 , 022.gif ) [iqdb]
114670
Wh-what the Hell?!

The Earth starts to shake uncontrollably, knocking me off my feet. Loud crashing can be heard outside, muffling out the crowd's screams.
>> No. 114671
[@] Fasten your seatbelts, you're in for a bumpy ride
>> No. 114672
File 126854980714.gif - (10.43KB , 800x585 , 023.gif ) [iqdb]
114672
>>114671
>Fasten your seatbelts, you're in for a bumpy ride

Not quite... The shaking seems to have stopped, and everything outside is quiet. I guess I should investigate?
>> No. 114673
[Z] Go check out the outside. Maybe see if you can find Sanae while you're at it. See if she's okay.
>> No. 114674
[ ] Ask your spider what to do.
>> No. 114675
[X] Look behind you.

The statues might not be statues anymore.
>> No. 114676
[X]
Spider, spider, spinning nightly
Packed up in a snake box tightly
What immortal eye or hand
Just sent me sprawling on my can?
>> No. 114677
[x] Check the statues. Maybe they've broken!
>> No. 114678
>>114675

Oh fff...

[X] Look behind you.
>> No. 114679
[X] Look behind you.
>> No. 114680
>>114676
Clever poetry is clever.

[x] Is the spider all right?
>> No. 114681
File 126855651790.gif - (8.35KB , 771x503 , 024.gif ) [iqdb]
114681
>>114675
>>114677
>>114678
>>114679
>Look behind you

I'm not totally sure what's going on, but the statue isn't there anymore, and neither is that little girl. If they broke, there would be a mess on the ground, but there's none of that either.

>>114680
>Is the spider alright?
It's fine. The case is, too.

>>114674
>Ask your spider what to do
It doesn't respond. Probably still a little shaken from the fall.
>> No. 114682
File 126855660827.gif - (15.04KB , 806x583 , 023.gif ) [iqdb]
114682
>>114673
>Go check out the outside. Maybe see if you can find Sanae while you're at it. See if she's okay.
I get back on my feet and head towards the door to see what's going on.

Sanae's gutting a snake.
>> No. 114683
[X] Ask Sanae if this is supposed to be some sort of metaphor.
>> No. 114685
[X] "Is the snake heavy?"

its funny in japanese i swear to god
>> No. 114686
[X] Hide.
>> No. 114687
[X] Hide.
>> No. 114689
[X] That isn't Sanae. Sanae would never do that sort of stuff, ever. She also had blond hair, not green.

[X] This 'person' might get ideas if 'she' saw you, namely the kind that gets you strapped to a sacrificial altar with sharp pointy things poking into you. Painfully.

[X] Though you think you know where the snake that was in the plastic box went. Poor guy. Unless it was a girl snake, then poor girl.

[X] Go out the back way.
>> No. 114691
>>114689
>She also had blond hair, not green.

It was never mentioned this person had green hair. Also, the drawing is not colored.
>> No. 114693
>>114691
see >>114525
>> No. 114694
>>114693
Yes, that's Sanae having Blonde hair.

>She also had blond hair, not green
Do you see Sanae having green hair anywhere?
>> No. 114695
[ ] Sneak up behind her and shout "BOO!"

I just noticed something. Sanae doesn't have a snake accessory in any of the drawn photos.
>> No. 114696
[ ] Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

[X] Stay calm, no reason to panic, it's just your old buddy Sanae gutting an animal, possibly in sacrifice to her deity. Perfectly normal, and no reason to paniOHGODLOOKATALLTHEBLOOD
>> No. 114697
[x] Sneak up behind her and shout "BOO!"
>> No. 114700
>>114695
>When Sanae invited me over the first time for a tour, she noted that Kanako apparently isn't the original Goddess.

Hmm...
>> No. 114701
[x] Cuddle with snakebox and spider for comfort.

We need a name for our animal companion.
>> No. 114702
[X] Turn 360 degrees and walk away.
[X] Go look in the rooms again.
>> No. 114703
>>114702

You mean spin around and walk towards her?
>> No. 114704
[x] Sneak up behind her and shout "BOO!"
[x] Ask what the fucking fuck is she doing
>> No. 114706
[Q] Remain quite and see if you notice anything else unusual.

God damn I love your art.
>> No. 114708
File 126858585143.gif - (12.00KB , 812x584 , 025.gif ) [iqdb]
114708
>>114687
>>114686
>Hide
I guess behind this wall will do for now.

>>114689
>That isn't Sanae. Sanae would never do that sort of stuff, ever. She also had blond hair, not green.
Uh, no, she's always had blond hair... I've heard of people with blond hair and blue eyes, but never of people who would actually dye their hair green.

>This 'person' might get ideas if 'she' saw you, namely the kind that gets you strapped to a sacrificial altar with sharp pointy things poking into you. Painfully.
R-Really? I dunno, Sanae doesn't really seem like the type of girl... If I could restate what you said earlier:
>Sanae would never do that sort of stuff, ever.

>>114695
>>114704
>Sneak up behind her and say "BOO!"
It seems so rude to interrupt the ritual, though!

>>114702
>Go look in the rooms again
Like wh--
>> No. 114709
File 126858588247.gif - (19.77KB , 803x580 , 026.gif ) [iqdb]
114709
The ground quakes again, twice, actually. Outside, two extremely large pillars have appeared next to Sanae, seemingly from the sky. Sanae seems unaffected by all of the shaking, though.
>> No. 114710
>>114709
FFFFFF
>> No. 114711
>>114709

Oh crap, it's an invocation ritual. We might be moving. To which end:

[Q] Move closer. Now.
>> No. 114713
>>114695
You make a very disturbingly interesting point.

>>114711
Probably so. Look at the last picture, and you'll see a frog at her feet, too.
>> No. 114717
File 126858991870.gif - (15.49KB , 804x581 , 027.gif ) [iqdb]
114717
>>114711
>>114704
>Move closer. Now.
Well, it's worth a shot.

"Uh, Sanae, just what the fuck are you doing?"

"Can't you see I'm doing the rit--"
>> No. 114718
File 126858995378.gif - (14.80KB , 805x585 , 028.gif ) [iqdb]
114718
"--Wh-What?! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in the audience!"

Sanae looks flustered.
>> No. 114719
[x] "...Snooping?"
>> No. 114720
[ ] ARGH YOU GOT SNAKE BLOOD ON ME
>> No. 114721
Hypothesis: yellow (Suwako) + blue (Kanako) = green.
>> No. 114722
>>114718

[x] So moe...
>> No. 114723
[x] "...Snooping?"
>> No. 114724
>>114703
Learn your memes.

>>114685
蛇 は ヘービ です?
>> No. 114725
[x] "Wait, so there's no audience participation portion of the ritual?"
>> No. 114726
>>114724
>>114685
Anyone care to explain this joke?
>> No. 114728
>>114726
Snake is "hebi" in Japanese, and when "heavy" is written out, it's also "hebi."

So, "Is the snake heavy? (Hebi wa hebi desu ka?)"

...Or so I think. The 360 one was a joke when the XBox 360 came out. "They call it the XBox 360 because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away."
>> No. 114729
[x] So moe...
>> No. 114730
[Q] She's waving a gutted snake in your face. Freak out.
>> No. 114731
[Q] She's waving a gutted snake in your face. Freak out.
>> No. 114732
[x] So moe...
>> No. 114733
[X] She's waving a gutted snake in your face. So moe...
>> No. 114734
File 126859768946.gif - (51.72KB , 550x400 , 029.gif ) [iqdb]
114734
>>114731
>>114730
>>114720
>She's waving a gutted snake in your face. Freak out.

ARGH YOU GOT SNAKE BLOOD ON ME

WHY SANAE WHY

>>114733
what
>> No. 114735
File 126859771327.gif - (15.90KB , 804x580 , 030.gif ) [iqdb]
114735
Alright, enough's enough. I grab her flailing arm grip it tightly.

"What's going on Sanae?" I ask. "Where did these pillars come from? Where did the statues in the shrine go? What's this ritual for?"

"I, uh, this ritual is to summon the Goddesses of the Moriya Shrine... You see, the shrine is...
>> No. 114736
File 126859773493.gif - (11.66KB , 807x586 , 031.gif ) [iqdb]
114736
"...The shrine is relocating."
>> No. 114737
>>114736

[Q] Relocating? Where?
[Q] Ho- wait, you know that one.
>> No. 114738
[x]Does that mean you're switching schools?
>> No. 114739
[x]What do you mean "relocating"? And why does it involve gutting animals?
>> No. 114740
[x]"You are killing innocent animal! You facist murderer!"
>> No. 114741
[X] Hey, don't bad things usually happen if a magic ritual is interrupted halfway through?
>> No. 114743
[X] Hey, don't bad things usually happen if a magic ritual is interrupted halfway through?
>> No. 114744
[X] Uh, Sanae? Don't look now, but you got some snake on you.
>> No. 114745
Anyone else notice how the snake is gradually coiling itself around that lock of hair over the last two pictures?
>> No. 114746
>>114745

The origin of her snake hair ornament.

Wonder when her hair changes color?
>> No. 114747
>>114746
I did not notice that. All finally makes sense now.
[X] Hey, don't bad things usually happen if a magic ritual is interrupted halfway through?
>> No. 114749
[X]"Just out of curiosity, where is the shrine being relocated to?"
[X]"Hopefully not some sealed land where myths and legends are real, because that would make it tough to visit you. That and it'd be downright silly."
>> No. 114751
File 126860365830.gif - (11.46KB , 807x583 , 033.gif ) [iqdb]
114751
>>114739
>What do you mean "relocating"? And why does it involve gutting animals?
"What do you mean 'relocating?' And why odes it involve gutting animals?"

"Well," she starts. "The shrine's going to be moving to somewhere far from here, where we can hopefully get more faith. I need to sacrifice these animals for the summoning of Yasaka Kanako and Suwako Moriya."

>>114737
>Relocating? Where?
"So? Where exactly is this place that's 'far from here' that requires the summoning of two deities?"

"It's still in Japan, but it's impossible to get to due to a border that separates it from the outside world."

>>114738
"What?" I retort. "That's completely ridiculous! Does this mean you're switching schools, too?"

"Well," Sanae stammers. "I probably won't be going to school anymore."

>>114741
>>114747
>>114743
"Wait, don't bad things usually happen if a magic ritual is interrupted halfway through?"

"Well, yes," she starts, looking away.
>> No. 114753
File 126860384171.png - (404.00KB , 809x539 , 034.png ) [iqdb]
114753
"But this ritual's already finished."

I back off. The two Goddesses of the shrine stand next to Sanae, staring at me. Looking behind myself, it seems like the ground beneath the shrine has lifted into the air and is now floating half a kilometer above the ground.

It's a long way down...
>> No. 114755
[x] "Oh shi-!"
>> No. 114756
[X] Huh. Well, today is sure turning out to be interesting.
[X] Maybe you find a nice place to sit down, take a deep breath, and not suffer a nervous breakdown.
>> No. 114757
[x] So. Um. Room for one more?
>> No. 114758
[x]Faint
>> No. 114759
[x] OH GOD DON'T PANIC
>> No. 114760
[x] OH GOD DON'T PANIC
>> No. 114761
[X] Huh. Well, today is sure turning out to be interesting.
[X] Maybe you find a nice place to sit down, take a deep breath, and not suffer a nervous breakdown.
>> No. 114763
File 12686059574.png - (130.00KB , 801x578 , 035.png ) [iqdb]
114763
>>114757
>So, um, room for one more?
"Uh, OK, let's not get hostile or anything here..." I say, my voice quivering. "Isn't there room for one more? I could work at the shrine too--"

"I'm sorry," she interrupts. "But no."

She lifts her hand towards me. It suddenly gets very windy...
>> No. 114764
File 126860599123.gif - (14.68KB , 803x579 , 036.gif ) [iqdb]
114764
"W-wait, really, Sanae?" I stammer, trying to rationalize with her. "You're not just going to blow me off this rock, are you? We're, like, a thousand meters above ground! I'll die!" She doesn't respond, and the wind blows harder.

I try to grab for something pinned down, but it's too late. I've lost my footing.

Chapter 1 - Esoterica: Forgotten Ritual

End.

>> No. 114765
What the fuck Sanae? What the fuck?
>> No. 114766
Dangit, Sanae! This isn't fun!

Also, hey, green hair.
>> No. 114768
Goddamn it, YukariSanae!
Friends don't blast friends off of floating landmasses!
>> No. 114769
[X] Panic.
[X] FLIP THE FUCK OUT

It works for the weasels!
>> No. 114770
[x] Deploy parachute
>> No. 114771
[X] Wait for next chapter to begin.
[X] Forget to fall.
>> No. 114772
[x] Focus
>> No. 114773
[x] Aim for the ground.
[x] Miss.
>> No. 114774
[x] SANAE, I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU ;________;
[x] live the remainder of your short life with no regrets as you pierce the heavens
>> No. 114775
It's like I'm really getting thrown off the roof by Sanae! Tetro ;_;

[X] Anemia option
>> No. 114776
[X] Wait for the next chapter
[X] What the fuck Sanae?
>> No. 114777
[x] Go go gadget arms.
>> No. 114778
[x] Aim for the gap.
>> No. 114782
[x] Reverse gravity.
[x] Get back into the Shrine.
>> No. 114784
Well, judging by the picture in >>114764 , I think they're all already in Gensokyo, since I'm pretty sure that's the SDM under the "HA" in "CHAPTER," unless there happened to be a large building with a clock tower on an island in the middle of the lake in the vicinity of the part of Outside-Japan which the Moriya Shrine used to be in.

Which is theoretically possible, sure.

But not likely.
>> No. 114785
>>114753
Sudden appearance of color in an otherwise monochrome world upon entering a strange, fantastic new land via a strong wind?

I guess our spider's name is Toto.

...On an unrelated note, we should avoid wriggle, as she'll probably get pissed when we try feeding him.
>> No. 114786
>>114785
>>...On an unrelated note, we should avoid wriggle, as she'll probably get pissed when we try feeding him.

No problem, we just need to train the little fella to subsist on something other than insects.
Like beer.
>> No. 114788
>>114785

I don't know about that. Wriggle has been seen with a large variety of insects, many of which feed on each other. I'm not sure the circle of life thing bothers her that much.

Implying that spiders are superior to insects, however, might piss her off.
>> No. 114790
>>114786

This. This. This. This. This. This.
>> No. 114791
>>114785

There was color before.
>>114525
>> No. 114793
>>114784

True, she said the ritual was already complete, after all.

We are now entering Gensokyo at an altitude of 3000 feet, after somehow irritating a trio of gods.
>> No. 114794
So, uh, how was it? Better than my previous attempt, I hope? It was a little dull at the start, but I think it picked up once we reached the shrine.

Although, the ending felt a bit rushed...
>> No. 114795
>>114794
I enjoyed it all the way through and had a blast the entire time.

This is the first time in nearly a year I've checked out the site more than twice in a day.
>> No. 114796
>>114794
Personally, I rather liked your previous attempt. Your art does seem to have improved, though, and it looks like you have the story planned out more definitely than last time.

In short: it's good; keep going.
>> No. 114798
>>114793

Now we just need to find a way to get back at Sanae for sending us over a thousand foot drop.

Preferably by overloading with power, go on a rampage (not destructive, except the shrine itself. maybe), completely pwn her gods, walk up to her...then bitch slap her across the face, tell her off, then leave, with a little insulting on the side.

Also, in >>114763 Sanae doesn't have a look of regret. She's smiling. Bitch is going down.
>> No. 114799
>>114798

...That's not a smile.
>> No. 114800
>>114798

I see someone is letting 'The Game' color their perceptions.
>> No. 114801
>>114794
I can only agree with >>114796
The drawing got much better but there is no planning behind it.
I just hope that this will continue and not end like this.
>> No. 114804
>>114798
Try not to let other stories influence you.

>>114794
Not bad though very freeform, but will we find out why Sanae just blew us away as opposed to letting us stick around?
>> No. 114806
>>114794
I hope we do find out why Sanae, our supposed friend, tried to murder us.
>> No. 114808
>>114790
Seconded.
Beerspider end. The BEST end.

[X] Aim for the lake.
Where Meiling will see us and be reminded of another time, long ago...
>> No. 114809
>>114794
Liking it a lot, so far, and can't wait to see the next updates.

And, yes, I do hope we get to find out why Sanae would send a supposed friend of a couple years plummeting to his untimely demise
If there aren't some serious waterworks coming from her, then she is in for such a pinch.

...but of course, it won't be so quick an easy as simply hiking up the mountain, will it?
>> No. 114825
>>114794

You. You're back. I missed you man! Now don't leave us again.

I liked this attempt. It was rather fun. I didn't like it when you used > to mark what other people said. But you to seem to have stopped that by the end, so that's good.

>>114808

Meiling!
>> No. 114830
>>114763

That is pretty clearly an apologetic look. Notice the eyebrows.

In other news, this is awesome and you'd best not leave us again. I want more dangit.
>> No. 114841
>>114830
That look could pass for apologetic if the situation were something like "I ate the last cookie" or "I accidentally turned your shirt pink".

"Despite our friendship, I am going to push you off a flying temple and make you splatter into a million messy pieces against the ground"? That's a smile.
>> No. 114842
File 126867786222.png - (469.79KB , 999x405 , the resemblance is uncanny.png ) [iqdb]
114842
>>114798
>>114799
>>114830
>>114841
>> No. 114843
>>114841

It's pretty clear from her previous gestures and words that she is not deriving some sort of sadistic pleasure from this and that that's supposed to be a regretful look.
>> No. 114844
>>114843
Either that or she's a sociopath with the ability to fake it.
>> No. 114845
>>114844
It wasn't drawn by Fell.

Chill.
>> No. 114847
OP here, she's supposed to look apologetic, not sadistic.
>> No. 114848
>>114845
That sounds like a challenge.
>> No. 114850
>>114798
>>114806
>>114841
>>114842
>>114844

...Sanae's never going to be a good girl again, is she? Hopefully this won't spill over into /youkai/.


All kidding aside this story seems fun so far, and I hope to see more of it.
>>114847
I wouldn't worry much about it, OP, any inability to separate characterizations across multiple stories is the fault of the reader, and a little bit the other author's in this case. Get out of my head, Fell.
>> No. 114857
>>114850
I must be one of the few capable of separating characterizations. This has yet to spill into /Youkai/; then again /youkai/'s anon aren't as stupid.
>> No. 114859
File 12686929646.gif - (109.23KB , 800x600 , WIND DISCIPLINE.gif ) [iqdb]
114859
>>114850
>Get out of my head, Fell.
No.
>> No. 114863
File 126869490036.jpg - (479.46KB , 418x1200 , Were you surprised~.jpg ) [iqdb]
114863
>>114641
I finally realized why I find this so cute. Sanae's face looks like Kogasa's face in the last panel here.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/518018/ for reference.
>> No. 114864
>>114859
Team up with the OP to make pictures for your updates.
>> No. 114865
File 126869583016.png - (88.61KB , 801x582 , evil sanae.png ) [iqdb]
114865
>>114864
>> No. 114867
>>114865
Awesome.

Since we're talking about it anyway, do you read The Game, OP, or are you still getting caught up with other stories after your hiatus?

Or did you ever even leave?
>> No. 114869
>>114859
Somehow, I saw this coming.
>> No. 114870
>>114847
To be fair, even the most sincere, heartfelt-sounding apology is kinda hard to take seriously if the person delivering it is in the process of sending you to your death, especially when there doesn't appear to be any good reason for sending you to your death in the first place.

If it were some sort of mercy-killing, like if you had just been infected by some crazy virus that was going to transform you into a deranged monster that would kill everyone else, and so you had to be put down "Old Yeller"-style, that would be perfectly understandable. But in this particular situation? Not so much.
>> No. 114871
>>114870
Yeah, I guess so.

Nothing I can do about it now, though.
>> No. 114876
>>114865
Double Awesome.

"Sanae is a good girl."
>> No. 114879
>>114870
We'll have to wait until Chapter 2 to figure out what'll happen next.
>> No. 114888
>>114876
That mantra helps her sleep at night.
>> No. 115022
Screw you guys, Sanae is a good girl and always will be. Nothing you non-believers say will change that truth.
>> No. 115036
File 126888803084.jpg - (632.10KB , 1411x2000 , 019_663r.jpg ) [iqdb]
115036
>>115022
>> No. 115041
>>115036
Stop projecting Fell's Sanae on to every sanae you see.

This Sanae is innocent until proven guilty.
>> No. 115042
>>115036
Source?
>> No. 115044
>This Sanae is innocent until proven guilty.
>>114764
>> No. 115046
>>115044
For all we know, him/us staying there would result in something far worse. There's to many unknowns to judge her yet.
Speaking of which, greatly looking forward to this continuing. I could go for something simple and lighthearted like this.
>> No. 115048
>>115046
I want to see where this story goes and finding out the truth behind what Sanae did.
>> No. 115049
Just watch: all the questions about Sanae tossing us to the winds will be resolved, and all the accusations of her being psychotic will come to quick end when, in the very first post of the next chapter, the winds kick up before we hit the ground, and gently cushion our fall in order to save us from dying. Then a cute little card like the one from the shrine floats down with an apology on it, and a little scribble of Sanae with a sad expression.
>> No. 115052
I kinda hope fot the MC to die and become a ghost, just so Sanae will regret it for a long time.
>> No. 115053
>>115049

Something akin to that would be ideal. I like Sanae.
>> No. 115059
>>115049
.....only to suddenly be surrounded by hungry Youkai.
>> No. 115062
>>115049
That'll put the fucktards in their places alright. But I wonder what the second chapter would deal with and who we will befriend.
>> No. 115065
>>115049

Well, tehre is still the qeustion of why would she leave her friend all alone on a land filled with man eating monster, and with no means to defend himself.
>> No. 115068
>>114525

Everytime I take a look at that thumbnil, I see the MC with cat ears.
>> No. 115069
>>115068

Oh, good. I thought I was the only one.
>> No. 115075
>>115065
Spell check and grammar check exist for every good reasons.
>> No. 115076
>>115065

The cute little card is also an amulet that wards against youkai attacks.
>> No. 115078
>>115075
>Spell check and grammar check

Uh, why would I do tha-
>read post

Oh.
>> No. 115083
>>115068
>>115069
...I don't see it.

Next chapter will be coming soon.
>> No. 115094
>>115068
>>115069

Oh god, now I see it.
>> No. 115116
>>115094

You can never unsee it.
>> No. 115315
>>115083
How soon?
>> No. 115325
>>115315
it is a mistery