[Return]
Archived thread

File 126661896591.jpg - (808.22KB , 1600x1200 , fa45223ea98a1f29bd741643146fb1e6.jpg ) [iqdb]
112609 No. 112609
"...Well, in that case, what are you playing?" Looking at the chessboard curiously, you ask her a random question, both to try and get her to open up and turn back to normal, and to buy yourself some time to analyze the peculiar situation that lies before you, perhaps even form some manner of opinion on it... You can't shake off the nagging feeling that she's trying to tell you something with all this, but what could it possibly be?

She swings her legs back and forth a bit, staring off into space in a random direction for a while, before taking off her hat (she's wearing her usual clothes again) and gripping tightly it in her fist, as if trying to squeeze water from a sponge. After a while of collecting her thoughts and pondering the proper way to express them, she suddenly turns her gaze to you once again, her side-ponytail swishing through the air as she does so. You really do wish she'd smile or something...
"...I wouldn't call it 'playing'. I'm trying to take something seriously in my life for a change, you see. Trying not to mess things up."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-... well, ah, let me have a look, then." You didn't want to give her the wrong idea with that, but you figure commenting on the situation of the board would be a better choice in trying to take her mind off whatever it is that's bothering her, rather than make things worse by accidentally accusing her of being childish - she wanted you to treat her like a mature person, after all. Well, even though -neither- of you is actually all that mature just yet... At the very least, you're not going to be pretending to be an adult any time soon, now are you?
"...Well, wouldn't you say that the king has done an admirable job of holding out, in the middle of the black pieces?"

As your words leave your lips and sink in, a look of surprise gradually dawns on her face, her large red eyes blinking at you curiously as she tilts her head to the side, still fumbling the queen in her fingers.
"What do you mean, Jin..?"

Smiling softly to the girl sitting before you, you reach for her hand and take the queen for yourself - she hands it over without resistance, still looking right at you as if you were about to impart deep and sagely wisdom upon her. You hope not to disappoint too much, and that you haven't horribly misinterpreted the metaphorical symbolism at hand. Holding the chess piece in your hand and tapping it on the top with your index finger, you resume speaking.
"I'm sure the king will hold out until his queen arrives, even in the middle of all those black pieces. The Queen will just have to trust her king to survive until then."

She just sits there looking at you in silence for a while, with you doing your best to maintain a smile the whole time even when subjected to the piercing stare of her eyes. It's strange, how quickly an innocent gaze can change into... something entirely different. Eventually, a series of slow nods acknowledge your words, and she casts her eyes to the floor, seeming awfully glum all of a sudden. Did you say something wrong, perhaps?
"...I suppose you're right."

"Of course I am!" You try to lift the general mood in the room by acting all cheerful and jovial, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick this time, as Flandre still seems a little down in the dumps. Well, guess there's no other choice than to get to what you originally came here for in the first place. Look at the bright side - at least you wouldn't be ruining her good mood, when she's like this already, right?
"Ah, look, about earlier, this morning, I-..." Ah, she's tensing up, fully aware of what you're about to talk to her about. Well, that situation was as much your own fault as it was hers, really; best to start her off easy.
"...I'm sorry. I was trying to bring you two into the same room, maybe get you to make up and be more friendly towards one another, but, well... I suppose I didn't quite plan that out as well as I could've, huh?" You try to laugh, but it doesn't come out very well. Flandre isn't looking directly at you, and her facial expression slowly turns to something quite unreadable. She seems to be listening intently to your every word, at the very least - being attentive has always seemed to be one of her characteristics, even if she doesn't always understand what it is she's being told. Not that she's dumb or anything, just... a bit naive and inexperienced for a girl her age. Er, well, not 'age', but you know what you meant anyway.

Flandre doesn't respond.

With a heavy sigh, you reckon you might as well continue to the not-so-nice part of what you had to say - after all, you really don't want to give the girl the impression she can just bully other people like that, now do you?
"...However, while the situation was partially my fault, your reaction was out of line, Flan. You shouldn't have been like that towards Rumia. It's not fair."

She twitches noticeably in response to hearing that name. 'She who must not be named'? Honestly, it's like the girl has a crush on you and is treating Rumia like a rival or something. And that's just ridiculous. A mere second or two pass, before she springs out of her seat onto her feet right in front of you, staring you right in the eye with an utterly perplexed look on her face, her eyes turning strangely misty all of a sudden, her hands squeezed into fists, one of them still crumpling up her hat.
"B-but... She, you... She tried to... you know... Why... Why would you... Her..!" The poor girl is choking on her own words at this point, her face making it rather obvious that she's about to cry, tears already welling up in the corners of her eyes - the pain of not understanding a situation no matter how hard you try, that's a very familiar feeling to you from when you first discovered Gensokyo's true nature, yourself... Your brain couldn't wrap itself around things back then either, and still can't completely comprehend everything to this day. All you can do for her at this stage is give her some time to come to terms with things on her own and calm down a little; you don't have to have this talk right now, do you? You've done what you came here for - apologized, yet also let her know that she's not entirely innocent here either. When she wants to discuss this further, she can let you know. For the moment, you do the gentlemanly thing and wipe the tears from her eyes before she can let them flow. A crying face does not suit Flandre.

"Alright, alright, calm down, we can talk about that later. I didn't come here to scold you, after all."

"You're right... You're right... You're always right..." She sniffles a little bit, rubbing her eyes and mumbling something you can't quite hear before looking at you again, still seeming somewhat confused on the whole matter. You can understand her, really - why would a human want to hang out with a monster that had intentions to kill and eat him? Even worse, Flandre doesn't know that Rumia has apparently chosen to start living with you and your host family from now on... But you reckon that should remain on a need-to-know basis for now, with the state she's in at the moment. Since she seems to be a little weak in the legs, you decide to pull her close for a hug, hoping it'll calm her nerves down some... and perhaps your own, as well. That smell you detected in your room, you can sense it right now as well.
"...So... why did you come here?"

"Well," you reply, gently pulling away from her to show her an encouraging smile, "I did promise to spend the day with you. I guess I kind of messed that up though, so I at least wanted us to have some alone-time at some point today." Oops, that could easily be misinterpreted... but you don't think Flandre would be the type to read too much into that sort of clumsy expression.
"Plus, I could try and make up for things tomorrow, if you'll let me. How does that sound?"

"...Okay." Having blurted out her approval of your proposal, she clings to you yet again in another hug.
"...Can we stay like this for a while, though..?"

"Sure, Flan."

...

Dinner goes by rather unspectacularly. You're a little too deep in thought to notice what everyone's talking about, or even who all is present at the meal. Patchouli would probably have her meal in the library, considering how tired she must be after all that exertion today... Maybe you should check up on her before bed tonight. Both you and Flandre, sitting next to one another, idly poke the meal with your utensils, not even paying attention to what you're eating. You think there was cake involved, afterwards. Sure, Sakuya's cooking is always too delicious for words, but you're just too distracted right now to enjoy the rich flavors of whatever it is, or to any of the others at the table trying to interact with you. You've got a lot on your mind - tomorrow's reveal, having a serious talk with Flandre about her behavior, the whole situation between Patchouli and Koakuma now... You're only brought out of your pensive state when you feel Remilia's hand prodding your shoulder, not at all gently - but it's not like you'd expect someone with such an arrogant smirk to be particularly gentle to begin with.

"Hm, did you fall asleep at your plate? Sakuya will be disappointed if you don't eat everything up like a good boy, you know~"

"...Sorry. I'm not very hungry tonight."

"Hum." She folds her wings up behind her back - it really is perplexing how subconsciously she moves those things, not even thinking of how telling it would be for you to see this - and crosses her arms, cocking an eyebrow at you for a moment before seemingly losing interest.
"Well, alright, you can have one of the maids put it in the refrigerator for tomorrow, if you'd like. After all..." Her eyes momentarily dart to your neck, but are averted just as quickly, the corners of her mouth curving upwards yet again.
"...No point in wasting good food, now is there? Ah, well... I'll be in my room if you need me. Just be sure to knock, dear boy. And don't forget to come and say good night before you go to sleep~" Well, at least someone's in a good mood today - it'll make your job that much easier tomorrow if you can keep her that way. Without you even having noticed, everyone else seems to have left already some time earlier, leaving just you and Flandre in the dining room after Remilia heads out as well. You peek at your somewhat melancholy-looking blonde companion from the corner of your eye, wondering what could be going through her head right now. At least she seems to have eaten almost everything on her plate - the fact that she still has an appetite is probably a good sign.

"...Everything alright, Flan?"

"Mhm." Still chewing a mouthful, she takes a drink of what you're hoping is tomato juice or something, swallowing and neatly cleaning her lips with a napkin. You wish she'd smile or something, really... She's been looking so very serious all day. Could it be guilt chewing on her conscience because of this morning? Or, the opposite, is she angry at you for wanting to scold her for how she treated Rumia?
"I'm just... tired, I guess. Sleepy."

"Sleepy? Well, it's not that late quite yet, but..." ...but you're pretty tired, yourself. Far from surprising, considering what you've gone through today - you seriously do have a knack for getting yourself into trouble every single time you step foot in the mansion, huh.



[] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
-{} Just wish her a good night and get out of there. Not that you don't like her company, but you've got enough on your plate for now - re-enacting the last weekend is not something you can afford.
[] Something completely different. (Forced write-in for various reasons.)

>> No. 112610
Previous thread: >>111020
>> No. 112612
[X] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{X} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
>> No. 112613
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-[x]...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. Or play something, or see something or make out whatever she wants you to do but please don't kill me
-[x] Somehow manage to get out of Flandre's bedroom, bid Remilia good night and return to her bedrom to sleep with her wihtout invoking the divine wrath of either.
-[x] Cut your wrist and put all the blood in a glass and put it next to Remilia's bed with a 'midnight snack' label .

Too nervious. Will vote later.
>> No. 112618
>>112612 here.

Might as well add

-- {X} Let her know that it's just an offer and there isn't any pressure.

into the vote as well.
>> No. 112621
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom. Make sure to say goodnight to Remilia first

I'm assuming Flandre wouldn't take this offensively. Hopefully.

-{x} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
-- {x} Let her know that it's just an offer and there isn't any pressure. Offer to read a favorite book of hers together if she agrees, it would be a nice way to spend time together.

This is nice. We should make sure to say goodnight to Remilia.
>> No. 112622
[X] Walk Flandre to her door, but no farther. There's no sense in trying your luck or Remilia's patience.

Come on Anon, I know you want Flandre, but stop choosing to go after her without any sense of self-preservation. It keeps making things worse.
>> No. 112623
>>112614 here, adding "Offer to read a favorite book of hers together if she agrees, it would be a nice way to spend time together" to my post, to change it to:

[a] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{b} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
--{c} Let her know that it's just an offer and that there isn't any pressure. Offer to read a favorite book of hers together if she agrees, it would be a nice way to spend time together.
>> No. 112624
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom. Make sure to say goodnight to Remilia first
-[x] ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. Or play something, whatever she wants.
The book thing may have been useful for THAT CYOA, but I don't think it'll fly here.
>> No. 112626
>>112622

I'm mildly worried about Remilia as well. However, I would think that we would be able to run by her bedroom before going with Flandre (we'd probably need to get pajamas anyways, or something). I guess it really depends on what Flandre's reaction to the question is. I think spending time with Flandre tonight would give some good insight into what she's thinking right now, and maybe a nice chance to bond as well.
>> No. 112628
>>112626
Actually, my reference to Remilia's patience was due to the fact that Jin's not supposed to be in Flandre's room. He managed to dodge the bullet the first time thanks to Sakuya, but I doubt he can get away with it again.
>> No. 112629
>>112624

One of Flandre's biggest interests in this story is reading. Not to mention she's suggested reading together with Jin at least once that I can think of.
>> No. 112630
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{x} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
--{x} Let her know that it's just an offer and that there isn't any pressure. Offer to read a favorite book of hers together if she agrees, it would be a nice way to spend time together.

I can already see Patchouli facepalming tomorrow when we show tonights set of bitemarks to her...
But it will be worth it.
>> No. 112634
>>112628
Plus the fact that he just said he wanted to keep Remilia happy for what he's going to do tomorrow, and if she finds out he spent another night in Flans room, I seriously doubt she'd be anywhere near happy.
>> No. 112635
>>112626

I'm worried that trying to say Goodnight to Remilia might lead to alot more than we bargained for. I'm not saying Remilia has malicious intent, but the fact is Jin proven himself interesting to her by not melting into a puddle to her Charisma. He also for the most part prefers her younger mousy sister. Her noblewoman pride might cause something disastrous to happen. I might be paranoid here, but telling someone to come up to her room to say good night is particularly suggestive usually, like a spider setting the web.

>>112628
The main route of the choice isn't insisting on staying over, but doing so if Flan wants to. If not, Jin can proceed along his way normally.
>> No. 112640
>>112634

It's true. Everything COULD blow up in our face, again. I put more faith in Taisa not to reuse the same plot devices over and over again, though. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be cautious. The time for confronting Remilia about Flandre's living conditions is yet to come.

>>112635

>trying to say Goodnight to Remilia might lead to alot more than we bargained for

Yeah, was sort of conflicted about that. Neglecting to tell her good night could insult her, and cause her to come investigate the reason.

>I might be paranoid here, but telling someone to come up to her room to say good night is particularly suggestive usually, like a spider setting the web

I can definitely see what you're saying here, and might be inclined to agree if not for a few things: First, I'm not sure Remilia is romantically interested in Jin to a point where she would consider forcing herself on him or even pursuing him aggressively (Not that I personally would mind terribly). Second, while the offer could easily be taken suggestively, it may also just be the manner in which Remilia speaks. She has shown herself to enjoy playful banter with Jin, and while earlier in the story there was evidence of more-than-just-friendly interest, I believe Remilia and Jin both realize that their conversations are largely joking. I really think if we stop by her room, we should assure her that we'll spend some time with her, alone if possible. She probably feels a little jealous.

Sage for inane rambling.
>> No. 112644
Nobody wants to check on Patchy?
>> No. 112646
>>112644
Now isn't the time to check up on Patchy; for one, it's fairly late and it's very likely that it's essentially "bedtime" for the denizens of the mansion. Additionally, it would be imprudent to just up and leave Flandre in such a manner.
Also, if Patchy is, indeed, awake, it stands to reason that she's probably settling things with Koakuma, which may be a task that she would rather take care of without having to deal with interruptions.
>> No. 112647
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{x} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
>> No. 112648
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{x} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
--{x} Let her know that it's just an offer and that there isn't any pressure. Offer to read a favorite book of hers together if she agrees, it would be a nice way to spend time together.
>> No. 112650
's just a goodnight anon. Hell, you can go with Flandre if you're so paranoid. I'm sure she'll like the idea.

[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom. Make sure to say goodnight to Remilia first
-[x] ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. Or play something, whatever she wants.
>> No. 112652
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom. Make sure to say goodnight to Remilia first along the way.
-{x} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
--{x} Let her know that it's just an offer and that there isn't any pressure. Offer to read a favorite book of hers together if she agrees, it would be a nice way to spend time together.

Good way to relieve stress upon the mind of the both of them
>> No. 112653
>>112651
>We get bitten and all of tomorrow goes down the shitter

This is only based on the assumption things go horribly wrong which I'm wouldn't deny possibly occurring, however, just as it could set off a string of one bad event after another, Flandre may very well resist or be very consciousness about that happening.

Flandre may even keep it as an escort to her bedroom before bidding Jin a good night's sleep for all we know. She may just want to spend a little more time before having him leave to his room for the night.
>> No. 112654
>>112653

ugh it looked good in when I formed that post in my mind but as I look at it now it just looks funny

I do hope the meaning of my post is understood.
>> No. 112655
>>112651
You're assuming that Flan would want Jin in her room with a 100% certainty, we're not. We're just merely giving her that option to take or to leave. After all sometimes just having an extra option, even if it's not taken, can make someone feel better. >>112653 understands this perfectly.
>> No. 112657
>>112653

It's based on the assumption that what has happened every time that we have shared a bed with her will happen the next time we share a bed with her, which I think you will agree is pretty damn reasonable. You can argue all you like that Flan would resist, but let's face it: she failed to do that twice, and the first time she failed she was reduced to a sobbing, shivering wreck who was mortified by the prospect of biting us, which makes the second time all the more damning. If you honestly expect that odds are in favor of her not biting us, then you are ignoring history entirely.

And what are you doing it for? The chance to make her feel a little bit better? When the more likely result is making her feel catastrophically worse? Pick your battles, man. Sticking to the status quo for the short term is better than risking a likely long term fuck up. There will always be more chances to cheer her up, especially when we are apparently planning to make up for today tomorrow.

If you want to say good night, or spend some time with her before bed, then by all means do it. But don't offer to sleep with her again. That's just dumb. There's a difference between optimism and foolishness.

>>112655

You're assuming with 100% certainty that she won't! What are we going to do if she does ask us to sleep with her? You're basically giving us an obligation to comply with a horrendously risky situation for minimal gain if she does take us up on our offer, which as you just noted we have no way to predict.
>> No. 112660
Well if things go to pot that particular anon will be entirely justified from being overly leery. Lets carry on this discussion on /words/ for now lest we unintentionally sage bomb this thread.
>> No. 112663
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{x} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
Oh yes, make an idiot out of yourself, that is always funny to watch... if you are not you.
>> No. 112664
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom. Make sure to say goodnight to Remilia first
-[x] ...Maybe spend the night, if she w-{} Just wish her a good night and get out of there. Not that you don't like her company, but you've got enough on your plate for now - re-enacting the last weekend is not something you can afford.
>> No. 112665
I wonder if Taisa plans ahead, or just rides the shitstorms debate out and then goes from there.
>> No. 112667
Look, I said all this on /words/, and I might as well say it here because I know half of you never so much as look at /words/. Though whether you agree or disagree, I would prefer you take it there.

I have no problem with sharing a bed with Flan in general, or even regularly, and have voted to do so at the other opportunities presented. That said, do we really need to offer to share a bed with her tonight of all nights? Sure, she might turn down the offer, but there is no way to predict that, and if she accepts the offer then the odds are heavily against us escaping this situation without severe, nigh-bad-end consequences. We can still cheer her up by making some other kind of offer to spend time with her tonight before bed, and we can still reap all the benefits we would reap from offering to share a bed with her tonight by offering to share a bed with her tomorrow, or any other day of the week.

Is there any reason why we shouldn't wait until after the night when getting bitten would screw us over in so many ways to risk getting bitten? We can gain just as much with a little bit of patience, so why take a risk that is ultimately unnecessary, and potentially catastrophic? I'm not against taking risks at times, but taking every risk that comes our way isn't going to be productive either.
>> No. 112668
>>112665
I doubt that he reads the shitstorms, maybe some comments here and there.
I would lose heart and would not want to write anymore if i had to read everything that is posted in the GH Threads.
>> No. 112670
>>112667

You and some folks are missing an important point in the write in with "make it clear it's just an offer": Giving her a choice, and a realization on consequences for her actions. It's not so much about being in bed with Flan, but the matter of giving her a choice instead of forcing our opinion on her like that one day where the matter of what to do came up. I posted this on /words/, but this is for the folks who stay clear of it. This is the main reason for that write in.
>> No. 112671
Another reason for this anon is also character development on Flandre's part.

As I have mentioned on /words/, on the chance that things actually turn out fine, it could be a very important realization and change in Flandre for the better, merely being able to be with some one without causing any harm, especially when it comes to just sleeping, let alone anything else more intimate.

In the end of it all, it's just vague enough for some anon to become paranoid and reckless at the same time...

Heaven or Hell, let's rock!
>> No. 112677
[X] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{X} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
--{X} Stop short of sleeping with her, or heading into her room for now if she asks, but apologize and assure it isn't her fault. You need to have a serious discussion with Remilia tomorrow, and the last thing you need is to risk inciting her anger by heading into the basement tonight.
[X] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.

A change from my previous vote for reasons I mentioned on /words/. I can see how some of you might want to make an offer so as to make Flan feel more secure, but if that's the case then why bother with leading questions? Leave it up to her to decide what she wants from you instead of suggesting something that might give her tunnel vision on her options. Especially when the suggestion would be risky itself.

Feel free to modify if you like part of this, but dislike another part. I still want to avoid the basement tonight if for no other reason than making sure that tomorrow goes over smoothly, but that's my personal preference. Who knows whether or not Remi might swing by to say good night to her sister, after all?
>> No. 112678
[X] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{X} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
--{X} Stop short of sleeping with her, or heading into her room for now if she asks, but apologize and assure it isn't her fault. You need to have a serious discussion with Remilia tomorrow, and the last thing you need is to risk inciting her anger by heading into the basement tonight.
[X] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.

Good upgrade.
>> No. 112680
>>112677
The thing is we DO NOT KNOW how anything will go. For all we know, going into Remilia's room will prove to be the bigger risk, but this is just idle speculation.

Folks, go with your guts/heart on this one, not so much what I said or he said. Since with so many unknowns in the air, it's the only thing to do.
>> No. 112682
>>For all we know, going into Remilia's room will prove to be the bigger risk,

Regardless of what may or may not happen should Jin stop by Remi's room, past events suggest that if Remilia expects Jin to come see her to say "goodnight" and he doesn't show up at all, odds are good that she will go look for him to find out why.
Cue sudden ambush in the hall, resulting in Jin being pinned to the ground whilst the lady of the mansion straddles him. Most likely in whatever she was intending to wear the bed. Probably something silky, the fabric brushing and rubbing against you in certain places as she shifts her position and moves in closer to...well, you get the idea.
>> No. 112683
[X] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{X} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
--{X} Stop short of sleeping with her, or heading into her room for now if she asks, but apologize and assure it isn't her fault. You need to have a serious discussion with Remilia tomorrow, and the last thing you need is to risk inciting her anger by heading into the basement tonight.
[X] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.

Common sense, how I love thee.
>> No. 112684
[X] Invite Flandre to your room, perhaps bringing something the two of you could read or discuss to relax and unwind together, if she wants.
>> No. 112685
[X] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{X} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
--{X} Stop short of sleeping with her, or heading into her room for now if she asks, but apologize and assure it isn't her fault. You need to have a serious discussion with Remilia tomorrow, and the last thing you need is to risk inciting her anger by heading into the basement tonight.
[X] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.
>> No. 112687
>>112668
Actually, I read everything.
>> No. 112688
Well, at least this seems to be debate over what choice would be smarter, rather than a fan war shitstorm. Though I find it kind of annoying that this thread hit 40 posts overnight.

...Anyway, my vote, just so this isn't just another post bumping the thread towards autosage.

[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{x} Just wish her a good night and get out of there. Not that you don't like her company, but you've got enough on your plate for now - re-enacting the last weekend is not something you can afford.

Optionally, though anon seems to be acting fairly tame by their standards, it would be nice to get a call on the vote so that the situation doesn't get out of hand.
>> No. 112689
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom.
-{x} ...Maybe spend the night, if she wants you to. It's not like unexpected scenarios for the sole purpose of senseless drama could happen three times in a row, right? It might cheer her up.
--{x} Let her know that it's just an offer and that there isn't any pressure. Offer to read a favorite book of hers together if she agrees, it would be a nice way to spend time together.

I just want omre time with her.
>> No. 112690
Those of you voting for accompanying Flandre to her bedroom without first bidding Remilia good night, remember this:

>I'll be in my room if you need me. Just be sure to knock, dear boy. And don't forget to come and say good night before you go to sleep~

She's expecting us to at least say nighty-night to her. We should comply, if for no other reason than that we are her friend, and staying in her house.

Other than that, looks pretty good.
>> No. 112691
>Honestly, it's like the girl has a crush on you and is treating Rumia like a rival or something. And that's just ridiculous.

I facepalmed at this, really.

>"Well," you reply, gently pulling away from her to show her an encouraging smile, "I did promise to spend the day with you. I guess I kind of messed that up though, so I at least wanted us to have some alone-time at some point today."
>"Plus, I could try and make up for things tomorrow, if you'll let me. How does that sound?"

In other words, time alone with Flandre. Let's not screw things up this time.
>> No. 112725
>>112621

Changing vote to:

[X] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{X} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
--{X} Stop short of sleeping with her, or heading into her room for now if she asks, but apologize and assure it isn't her fault. You need to have a serious discussion with Remilia tomorrow, and the last thing you need is to risk inciting her anger by heading into the basement tonight.
[X] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.

Because people are making me really fucking paranoid. Hopefully if we have to turn Flandre down, we do it in the gentlest possible manner.
>> No. 112726
>>112725
Because of all the assumptions flying around? Let's hope that nothing goes absurdly wrong.

And a reminder: the main things to do is spending time with Flan and the big reveal. Perhaps telling Flandre first; it might cheer her up... or maybe not.
>> No. 112737
[x] Something completely different. (Sit at a desk in the middle of the outdoors and announce the beginning of the show.)

...Okay, real vote:

[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{x} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
--{x} Stop short of sleeping with her, or heading into her room for now if she asks, but apologize and assure it isn't her fault. You need to have a serious discussion with Remilia tomorrow, and the last thing you need is to risk inciting her anger by heading into the basement tonight.
[x] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.
>> No. 112771
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{x} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
[x] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.

You know the second part might come off badly to Flandre (It might sound "Sorry I can't spend more time due to Remilia); it might just be me, but I have a feeling that Flandre's mutiny in the past was over envy of her sister.
>> No. 112773
>>You know the second part might come off badly to Flandre (It might sound "Sorry I can't spend more time due to Remilia); it might just be me, but I have a feeling that Flandre's mutiny in the past was over envy of her sister.

Not just in the past. Things like the way she responded when Jin told Mokou that she's not her sister strongly suggests that she still has issues regarding living in her sister's shadow.

That said, has anyone considered confiding in her about the reason for needing to talk to Remilia? He's already run the idea past the other two people in the mansion who knows that he knows the truth, so why not tell the one who we think at least might know?

Not only would it remove that little bit of doubt we might have about whether or not she knows, it could also do something similar for Flandre and remove any doubts she might have about whether or not Jin knows about her, assuming she still has such doubts.

Besides, she might appreciate knowing just what Jin is planning, and so won't have to worry or be confused about why her sister is suddenly chasing Jin around with Gungnir.
>> No. 112774
>>112773
I was thinking of doing that tomorrow, but we should try to find out the full truth behind that incident (Flan's Mutiny) as well as Talk to Remilia about how Flan's living conditions go, same goes for Rumia's mother when we meet her.
>> No. 112800
>>112774

Does Rumia even have a mother anymore?
>> No. 112804
>>112800
Well I believe so, though the woman in question hasn't been much of a mother at all, giving her a now outdated piece of advice and leaving her all alone.

Very damning thing for a mother to do when it's implied that said mother is Yukari, who has Ran and Chen living at her residence in comfort. Once we get started on Rumia's character arc, we might end up seeing some friction between Rumia and Chen once she finds out Chen's connection to her mother. Flan's jealous over her sister is nothing compared to finding out someone else got to live easy at your mother's house while you had to struggle all alone until recently
>> No. 112812
[x] Well, if she's tired, you might as well accompany her to her bedroom the basement door.
-{x} Offer to spend some time with her if she likes before she goes to sleep. Query her to see if there's anything in particular she might want.
--{x} Stop short of sleeping with her, or heading into her room for now if she asks, but apologize and assure it isn't her fault. You need to have a serious discussion with Remilia tomorrow, and the last thing you need is to risk inciting her anger by heading into the basement tonight.
[x] After that - or before, if Flan's proposal will take long - swing by and bid Remi good night.

Indeed, we need to be in the best position possible for the reveal.
>> No. 112819
>>112804
>it's implied that said mother is Yukari
There's no proof of that.
>> No. 112830
>>112819

In the update where Rumia explains her past, she mentions her mother having Blonde Hair and purple eyes; who else in Gensokyo would it be really?

>>112812
Are you sure offering to do something and saying "Sorry can't; don't want to tick off your sister" might come off to her as her sister ruining something to her. Just saying the risk is there.
>> No. 112845
>>112830
Yeah, I know it won't exactly make Flandre happy, but I get the feeling that it'd be easier to pull off cheering her back up than calming Remilia down. Flandre seems a lot more likely to listen to us than Remilia. In fact, we could even explain the situation to her in advance. No one said we needed to tell the sisters at the same time, and I don't think Flandre will be mad about it at all. It's mostly Remilia who would mostly take it badly.
>> No. 112847
Calling votes before the inevitable happens. inb4 it happens because people are unhappy with the results. I wouldn't be surprised.

Accompanying Flandre, not sleeping with her, remembering to say good night to Remilia, etc.
>> No. 112852
>>112847
It's not that hard, just don't pull any cheap drama stunts, since there's a way things could play out nicely, since a great deal was left open. (She could refuse) Just a matter of resisting that impulse.
>> No. 112866
>>112852
Yes, let's tell the storyteller how to tell his own story. Sounds legit.
>> No. 112869
>>112866
He hates shitstorms, so I gave him some advice on how to avoid one in the next update.
>> No. 112876
>>112869

Thing is though it only happened once and it was due to some misunderstanding and flow of his story. He retconned that event.

He doesn't need us to tell him how to write though...
>> No. 112895
>>112847
>not sleeping with her

My rage. I cannot stop it.
>> No. 112896
>>112895
Chill, I'm sure Taisa will think of a way to handle things without upsetting Flan. After all he does hate shitstorms after all.
>> No. 112897
>>112896

Or at the very least make sense without compromising what he had in mind. Sometimes it can't be helped.
>> No. 112898
>>112897
I'm not going to change what I have in mind just to please people, damn it. I'd rather suck up the bullshit and endure it.
>> No. 112902
>>112898
Taisa is now my hero.
>> No. 112903
>>112898
>I'm not going to change what I have in mind just to please people, damn it.

Thank you.

Also, stop posting, you guys. Everything that needs to be said (and some things that didn't need to be said) has been said. More posts would just be pushing the thread towards autosage. If you absolutely need to say something, go to /words/.
>> No. 112906
>>112898
I'm sorry Taisa. Just remember that, for everyone that does post rude things, there are 5 that are genuinely happy with the story, regardless of what direction it takes. Please don't forget about that, and remember that we want you to be happy as well.
>> No. 112907
File 126697722799.jpg - (401.67KB , 1280x1024 , 2ad76c2332c123f9c1a9e4f7db753ed7.jpg ) [iqdb]
112907
>>112898
That is the right attitude. Never lose your way.
>> No. 112908
File 126697785823.jpg - (7.23KB , 200x152 , 89481637352253.jpg ) [iqdb]
112908
>>112898

>>112866 here: FUCK YEAR, THAT'S MAH BOI.
>> No. 112992
>I'm not going to change what I have in mind just to please people
>CYOA
:awesome:
>> No. 113004
>>112992
You'd do better to think of it as a finite state machine rather than a CYOA in that case.
>> No. 113163
File 126726517862.jpg - (184.88KB , 872x645 , 1ebb5778a022354cb1cfe8f26f3d66df.jpg ) [iqdb]
113163
Update Nigger.
This is inacceptable.
>> No. 113470
Writing now.
Expect the update sometime later today this week. Things ought to speed up after that, as I gradually get used to writing again.

Of course, to avoid being too heavily disappointed, let's all keep in mind what my track record is for keeping promises...
>> No. 113964
File 126786565974.jpg - (306.30KB , 800x600 , 844567faf7789985125ad32a9a4c0a37.jpg ) [iqdb]
113964
Update Nigger.
This is disacceptable.
>> No. 114270
Taisa? Where did you go?
>> No. 114335
File 12682658921.jpg - (276.59KB , 1200x1000 , 0d23164f10969beae65930c44a0adc61.jpg ) [iqdb]
114335
Months of power updating every day. Suddenly things slow down. Slow down even more. Nearly a month without updates, promises of new updates are made. Taisa disappeared.

Taisa is the new HY.

Does this come as a surprise?
[ ] No.
[ ] Not really.
[ ] I always knew it.
[ ] It's the end of the world! THP is finished!
[ ] Where is my Flandre Route godamnit!
[ ] Where is my Patchy Route goddamnit!
[ ] Your all faggots


Flandre dump sometimes later this week to make all the flan fags rage hard.
>> No. 114337
File 126826603425.jpg - (271.70KB , 1200x826 , 0e6b0beca9c8980b02208e3857851401.jpg ) [iqdb]
114337
>> No. 114338
File 12682661783.jpg - (422.77KB , 580x807 , 1ecbe825f8113c45cfc69947971ebcf1.jpg ) [iqdb]
114338
>> No. 114339
File 126826625817.jpg - (586.94KB , 1200x848 , 2ad6d7eda6302fa71301ada551e4036c.jpg ) [iqdb]
114339
>> No. 114340
File 126826629432.png - (239.04KB , 766x710 , 2d40474f8957ccd765a63855dc37c38d.png ) [iqdb]
114340
>> No. 114341
File 126826632154.jpg - (162.15KB , 567x800 , 2e7712cd69c9434e982e33f1b8759ea2.jpg ) [iqdb]
114341
>> No. 114342
Could you use sage, at least?
>> No. 114343
>>114335

Stop that. While I don't want to justify slacking, Taisa might just be having a rough week. Your post is nothing short of inflammatory, even if I agree with some of the sentiments.

In b4 Troll's troll trolls troll.
>> No. 114344
File 126826637188.jpg - (424.08KB , 800x1000 , 02ee89faa4df6068c9f7a0f6e9755c56.jpg ) [iqdb]
114344
>> No. 114345
File 126826680843.jpg - (126.21KB , 534x700 , 4cf214cde9f0696b4a0f6f2bce3d6874.jpg ) [iqdb]
114345
>>114342
no.
>> No. 114346
File 126826687394.jpg - (205.63KB , 414x578 , 5b9ad5e24c72c4c050f873da34a4443e.jpg ) [iqdb]
114346
>> No. 114347
File 126826692255.jpg - (232.21KB , 1024x815 , 5e200ea44119086d8aac0445bb416271.jpg ) [iqdb]
114347
>> No. 114348
File 126826699919.jpg - (567.33KB , 1000x850 , 5fd744e75022929290fe19e3905a133f.jpg ) [iqdb]
114348
>> No. 114349
>>114335
>Flandre image dump
>make all the Flan fags rage

How exactly does that work?
>> No. 114351
>How exactly does that work?

Because there are no updates?
>> No. 114352
If you're gonna whine about Taisa not updating fast enough, and if you're going to img dump, least use sage. That goes for all the others bitching about the bitcher (or is it bitchee?).
>> No. 114407
[X] Your all faggots
>> No. 114408
>Your
>> No. 114410
Let's please behave. I'm sure Taisa's got a reason for not updating he would like to share with us.
>> No. 114449
File 126841139038.jpg - (282.76KB , 1123x1600 , rapeisbad.jpg ) [iqdb]
114449
>> No. 114459
>>114449

Source?
>> No. 114570
>>114459

Source is the future
>> No. 114705
>>114570
But the future refused to change
>> No. 114779
File 126861120880.jpg - (547.09KB , 1000x872 , ca656d5e0de0698cf13fb9f7f3574988.jpg ) [iqdb]
114779
>>114570
This will never happen.
>> No. 114780
File 126861192636.jpg - (258.72KB , 800x817 , 48994d981ad818435107cf7215ff0d1b.jpg ) [iqdb]
114780
>> No. 114781
File 126861241992.png - (171.55KB , 282x384 , Godly Ass.png ) [iqdb]
114781
>>114780
>> No. 114783
File 126861312164.png - (1.08MB , 1000x1200 , 74c537f7774e27e565fd212d853a0557.png ) [iqdb]
114783
>> No. 114846
File 126868513738.jpg - (477.06KB , 800x949 , 1267413145871.jpg ) [iqdb]
114846
>> No. 115189
HIATUS END LOL
>> No. 115306
File 126944975834.jpg - (812.93KB , 900x750 , d1bc550559942f0c2e0269f651b790d2.jpg ) [iqdb]
115306
Flandre and Remilia grew old while waiting for updates.
>> No. 115310
>>115306
>Tits on my Flandre.

...I'm ok with this!
>> No. 115311
>>115306
>>115310

Would you please at least use sage?
>> No. 115312
I doubt I'd care as much if it most of the voters hadn't been making a concerted effort to reduce shitstorms and self-police in the story as of the last few threads. More than that, to not even give a status update is just sort of....discouraging (to put it nicely). If Taisa wanted to change the way he wrote, or switch things up in the story to make it more conducive to creativity (or even just wanted to take a break from writing, not that there's been much to take a break from), I get the feeling that most of us here would've (and probably still would. Oh Anon you masochist you!) supported him every step of the way. Sure there would've been bitchers and moaners, but those exist everywhere for everything, not just interactive fanfiction.

That said, I will continue to wait patiently for Taisa to feel ready to continue writing. Either this or Touhouvania. Or start a story you actually want to write, or something. Bottom line is I think this whole ordeal has been pretty fucking unnecessary. At least from the perspective of someone who has made every effort to improve the environment and make it more supportive for all the writers here. Ah well, might be hoping in vain. God knows, I'm tempted to continue the fucking story myself (despite my limited creative writing ability) just to have it finish satisfactorily.
>> No. 115313
Does he still visit IRC? I'd just like to know that he's still alive.
>> No. 115316
>>115313

Yes. In fact, he's been writing for at least four hours, from the looks of it.
>> No. 115320
>>115311
I thought the Thread was already in autosage and kind of forgot it.
>> No. 115321
Hooray
>> No. 115328
>>115312
Not saying much to their readers is a bad habit but I think Taisa thought the thread went into autosage. But he's been trying to write alright.
>> No. 115329
File 126947664948.jpg - (118.54KB , 1024x705 , 5d16431e56105fe936b67295a744782a.jpg ) [iqdb]
115329
"Well, sure, I'm actually pretty tired myself." Giving her a friendly smile, you stand up, motioning for her to give you her hand and helping her out of her seat in an exaggeratedly chivalrous posture. Not that she needed the help, but the chairs are actually pretty high even for yourself; the sisters being shorter than you are, Flandre's feet didn't even reach the ground, whereas you own toes barely touched down against the floor. Then again, isn't everything big in this mansion? Flandre plops down onto her feet without a sound, discounting the mild jingling of her wing-crystal things. Would it be inappropriate to ask her if they're decorative in nature, or serve some manner of practical purpose? Well, of course it would; the latter would imply that you know about all the supernatural stuff around you. Maybe you could tell Flandre before her sister…

Your thoughts are interrupted by a soft giggle, a charming sound you haven't heard in far too long now.
"Thanks. I could've gotten down by myself, though." She takes a brief moment to adjust her skirt after the extended period of being seated while eating.

"Don't be silly. It's a gentleman's duty to help a lady, especially one of such noble standing." You follow up with a rather theatric bow, provoking further chuckles from the vampire girl. Hers are different from her sister's, though; whereas Remilia's laugh has that certain noblewoman's haughty tone to it as she expresses her amusement over your silly behavior, Flandre's laugh is more sincere and joyous, as if the two of you were playing a game together.

It really feels good to see her mood finally improving some.

"Ahehehe… Now you're the one being silly. I'm no fancy lady like my sister is…" The two of you start walking in the general direction of the basement entrance (or at least it feels like you're going that way), with Flandre having cast down her eyes, hinting that your words might have embarrassed her.

"That's not true." A reassuring tone in your voice, you figure you ought to try and raise her self esteem some during the long walk, especially in regards to her comparing herself to her overbearing sister.
"You're her sister, aren't you? Doesn't that make both of you noble ladies and whatnot?"

"Well," she begins, her voice strangely high and awkward for a moment, "I'm nowhere near as charismatic, or smart, or well-mannered, or pretty, or or or…"

"Hey, stop that." Upon hearing your interjection, she looks up at you in confusion, prompting you to continue.
"I think you're plenty charismatic, and smart, and well-mannered, and pretty-…"
Ah. You blurted that last one out without even giving it a second thought. Well, to be fair, she really is a cute girl… To your own surprise, however, her reaction isn't quite what you expected. Instead of becoming flustered and hiding her face while blushing furiously, she limits herself to a mild (but noticeable) reddening of the cheeks, followed by a subtle, happy smile as she averts her gaze from you after a minor period of letting what you said sink in.
"…Er, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't compare yourself to Remilia to begin with. You're your own person, you're not her shadow."

Pause.

She doesn't look back at you, but you notice she's still smiling, her eyes raised from the floor and looking straight ahead, her posture a lot more lively now.
"Thanks. For what you said."

"Uh…" When you called her pretty, or when you said she's not her sister's shadow?
"…What exactly are you referring to? I don't think I said anything particularly thanks-worthy…"

There's that chuckle of hers again. Damn it, you're not even trying to be amusing right now; looks like even Flandre isn't above laughing at the poor, silly human… How unfair.
"That's a secret, for now. You can try to figure it out for yourself." Finally, she turns to face you again, her face absolutely beaming, another jingle of her wing crystals accompanying her movements.
"After all, you're a smart guy!"

"Really? And here I thought I was the moron who keeps pestering you for help with math during the lessons…"

"Sshh. Now you're the one being silly." A pale, slender hand reaches up and presses its index finger against your lip, silencing you as the two of you keep walking, guided down the halls more by instinct rather than sight as your eyes lock together.
"Just because you're bad-… er, not a genius at one thing doesn't mean you're not smart!" She withdraws her finger, before staring off into nowhere, an excited look dawning upon her face as she continues speaking, you listening to her with interest.
"I think everyone has at least one thing that they're the best at! Like, big sis is really good at chess, or card games, or games of chance… I don't think I've ever managed to beat her at anything like that, or seen anyone else beat her either." Is it still a game of chance if there's skill involved to enough of a degree that the same person always wins?
"And miss Sakuya is a wonderful cook… Even if we've eaten out or at some expensive place with fancy food, I've always liked the food at home the best." Are there any particularly expensive or high-class restaurants anywhere near the village in Gensokyo?
"And miss Patchouli is just a genius! I don't think there's anything she doesn't know! Every time I ask her a question about anything, she could tell me about it for hours if I didn't stop her!" Well, she can certainly become a motor-mouth if you ask her about something she knows about, alright; but you've certainly managed to ask her a few tricky questions even she couldn't answer.
"And miss Meiling… ah, well, she's not exactly the best gate guard, I guess, ahehehe…" She looks a little nervous all of a sudden, as if she's desperately trying to think of anything positive to say…
"Oh! She's a wonderful gardener! You remember the big garden behind the mansion, right?"

"I've seen it. I believe you were there at the time, too."

"Ah, yeah, that time…" The time when she inexplicably got so worried about you and Remilia that she came crashing through the walls of the hedge maze to find you two. Not that you were in any danger of getting lost forever with the (winged) head of the household right beside you, but apparently the poor girl was more focused on you than her sister at the time. To be fair, had you gotten lost in there on your own, you sincerely doubt you'd ever have found your way back out again, so in a way…
"I… helped miss Meiling fix up the garden after that accident. It was all my fault, after all… She's put her heart and soul into that garden, and she takes real good care of it, every day." A touch of guilt washes over her face for a moment, red eyes staring into the carpets once more.
"Even though she said it was fine and not to worry about it, I could see in her eyes that I had hurt her… like I had hurt a part of her body, not just the garden."

"I'm sure everything will regrow and look good as new, and it'll be as if it never happened."

"Oh," she responds, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand once, "it's all fixed now. Miss Sakuya helped out when I asked her. She, ah… helped the plants grow faster." Yes, you're aware of Sakuya's time manipulation powers now, as difficult as it is to believe that a human could have control over something so… so… you can't even think of an adjective to describe it. If Remilia is Sakuya's boss, then what sorts of terrifying powers could she possibly have? You can't even begin to imagine. Odds are, you might find out tomorrow evening anyway… although the circumstances may not necessarily be favorable, depending on what you say and how Remilia reacts. Ah, but you're with Flandre right now, not Remilia.

"So there's no reason to worry, right? If it's fixed and Meiling forgave you, then you shouldn't dwell on it. Forget about it"

"I don't know." She's sounding a little serious again… Perhaps it'd be a good idea to look for an opening to redirect the topic of this conversation.
"Not everything can be fixed. Not everything can be forgiven."

"What makes you think that?" Blinking curiously, you try to get a look at her face, yet she's staring intently into the wall on the other side.

"Experience. There are just some things that you can't forget, that you have to dwell on for days, weeks, months, years…" Another brief period of awkward silence, the only sounds resonating throughout the hallways being your footsteps – your periodic, rhythmic ones, and her quicker, near-silent ones. After a bit of a delay, she looks to you again, seemingly back to normal.
"But, I suppose you're right. I don't have to think of that sort of stuff right now, now do I?"

"Heh, that's right. Keep smiling, you'll live longer!" You get another predictable chuckle in response to that corny line, joining in with a mild laugh of your own once you realize what you just said to a creature possibly centuries your senior. Are vampires immortal, as far as age goes? Another thing to possibly add to the list of things you'd like to ask your mentor whenever you next have the time. Flandre may be acting somewhat cryptic, but you really don't have the freedom to open that door right now… Let's try not to start up any new and unexpected plot threads until the big reveal tomorrow, shall we?



It doesn't take much longer for the two of you to reach the basement door. This is, what, the third or fourth time you've been here? Even so, it still feels just plain wrong to know that the poor girl actually lives and sleeps down there in that damp cellar. Granted, her room seemed just a little better kept than the rest of the basement – no signs of cobwebs or mold – but it was still a far cry from the splendor of her elder sister's room. Heck, you'd dare say your old room back home from before you came to Japan was more impressive than hers. The amount of furniture she had was limited to just a bed and a closet…. A closet suspiciously locked up with chains. You can't help but wonder what it could be that was in that closet, and why it felt like Flandre didn't want you getting a look at whatever it was. Then again, you're not one to call other people out on keeping secrets, now are you? When all this foolishness is done and over with, you'll have time to ask her about such things, should she desire to share with you.

"Well." You pause, pondering what else to say. The thought of venturing downwards into the dark, foreboding depths of Flandre's personal dungeon is certainly an attractive one, but just this once you'd rather not tempt fate by going against the orders of the head of the mansion –again-. You've managed to keep Remilia in the dark about having been down there so far, but your luck can only hold out for so long, and Sakuya certainly won't keep helping you if you just keep getting into these messes in rapid succession.

"Well?" Her voice has more of a tone of curiosity towards what you were planning on saying, rather than an invitation to come down with her. By the look on her face, you can sense she already has a faint idea of what it is you're about to talk to her about. The two of you are standing right before the door, her idly swinging her body weight back and forth on her feet as she waits for you to say something, you fidgeting uncomfortably.

"…Um, I'm not sure how to say this, Flan. I'd like to, uh, you know, but-…" As you scratch the back of your head nervously, searching for words that don't exist, your blonde companion merely calms you with a soft, reassuring smile, much like you've done for her before several times now.

"I know. It…" Her eyes dart to the side a few times, before returning to you, although not quite to your face.
"…wouldn't be a good idea anyway. I wouldn't want anything to happen that could, ah, hurt our friendship or anything… Um. I hope we understand each other, and…"

"Maybe another time. Alright?"

That seems to have been enough to dissolve the awkwardness in the air for the evening. Flandre gives you one more big grin, before abruptly leaning into you, wrapping her arms around you in a tight hug. Somewhat taken aback by this unexpected gesture, you put your arms around her as well, and the two of you stand there like this for a short while.

"…Hey, Jin. I know you said you'd like to spend some time together tomorrow. But you've got something more important you need to do, right?"

"…Huh?" You pull away slightly, trying to look her in the eye, yet her face is buried into your chest, only a quiet whisper reaching your ears from below when she speaks.
"What makes you think that..?"

"I dunno… I just have a feeling you've got something important to do with big sis. And you need to keep her happy for that, right?" You can't sense any particular emotion in her voice, not sadness or anger, or happiness, or anything. It's not monotonous, simply… neutral.

"Flan…"

"We can do something fun together next week, okay? I don't want to get in the way tomorrow. Besides, lots of people will be coming… Cirno will be here too. So, don't worry about me tomorrow, okay?" Her wings seem to twitch a little as she finishes speaking, her arms still holding onto you. You're at a loss for words, yourself, so all you can bring yourself to do is pet her head gently, staring up into the ceiling deep in thought.

"…Good night, Flan."

"Good night." She finally pulls away from you, her face still smiling as if nothing had happened. You can't help but feel concerned, of course, but from the looks of it she's not going to let you ask about it tonight.
"Sleep well! I hope you have a great time tomorrow!"

"Huh? What's happening tomorrow, anyway? I seem to be the only one in the mansion that doesn't know yet." And the feeling of being out of the loop isn't particularly great, either.

"Oh, um, well…" She laughs, nervously, fidgeting in place and playing with the edge of her skirt a little, looking everywhere else besides your face.
"…Big sis told me not to tell you. She wanted it to be a surprise. You'll see tomorrow, okay? Good night!"

And with that, Flandre swings the extremely heavy-looking door open without any effort, slamming it shut behind herself after rushing inside. That's one threat out of the way, at the very least – you won't have to worry about upsetting Remilia by getting caught sleeping in Flandre's bed again. Ah, but speaking of Remilia… You made another promise, didn't you? If you really want to avoid upsetting her, you'll have to remember to stop by her room and bid her good night as well.



Remilia's door. Large, decorated with various ornate designs and metal serpents coiling around one another in a shape similar to that necklace she often wears. If you recall correctly, these metallic shapes within the wooden door were part of some elaborate locking mechanism, sliding about to lock or open the large double doors. Is it locked right now? You couldn't possibly tell from simply looking at it, so you decide to do the next best thing – knock.

*knock-knock*

The thumping sound of fist hitting wood echoes through the hallways behind you. Considering how many fairies you've seen pattering around the place aimlessly, the mansion is still huge enough to seem largely empty no matter where you stand within it. It's a little difficult to imagine oneself living in a house like this; it'd probably get rather lonely. Or creepy. Or both. Not even a few seconds pass, before a delighted voice mellowly sings out to you from inside.

"Come iiin~"

Well, you've never been one to turn down the invitation of a lady… Experiencing mild difficulty, you force the large, heavy doors open and let yourself inside. Glancing around the overly large room for what little furniture it has, you spot Remilia lounging on her bed in an overly casual pose, wearing something that appears to be an almost-completely-transparent nightgown, smirking in your general direction; the light of the sun trading places with the moon outside of the window causes a mild glint of light to shine off a fang. Slowly shifting from her position, she climbs over to the other side of her colossal bed on her hands and knees, plopping herself down on her stomach with her arms crossed in front of herself, swinging her legs back and forth through the air. She beckons you closer with a wave of the finger, a gesture you dare not reject under current circumstances. As you hesitantly step closer to her, the vampire's majestic crimson gaze somehow seems to cloud your mind; you're unsure whether you should sit on the side of the bed next to her, or kneel before her on the ground. You opt for the former, doing your best to avert your eyes from her various… curves. She turns her head to the side, resting it upon her arms and grinning.

"Took you long enough, darling."

"Sorry. I was just saying good night to your sister."

"Oh?" She cocks an eyebrow for a moment… suspiciously?
"By the way, how is Flan? She's been rather scarce today, I barely even got to talk to her at all."

"She was smiling when I left her," you answer truthfully while giving as few details as possible. A healthy alternative to telling a white lie, with how all these supernatural girls seem to be living lie detectors. Or maybe you're just that bad at lying. Remilia seems to be satisfied with the answer, shifting herself over slightly to lean her elbow on the bed, and her head on her hand.

"Well, that's good. I'm glad you can bring a smile to the girl's face; she's far too serious for her own good, sometimes." Snickering to herself idly, she doesn't notice you frowning in thought for a moment, your mind drawn back to Flandre's recent behavior quirks.
"Ah… Say, darling, you've been rather tricky to get a hold of yourself, haven't you? What a rude boy you are, sneaking off and not spending any time with your poor hostess, oh my…"

"I'll be certain to make it up to you tomorrow, milady," you blurt out in a slightly too hurried manner, but Remilia seems to approve all the same, the smile on her face slowly widening. She sits herself into an upright position before slinking a little closer to you, eyes narrowed and lightly glowing in the gradually darkening room, the sun steadily setting.

"Is that so? Well well well, I'll be sure to put you on a leash so you don't scamper off anywhere, my dear boy…" Reaching forward with her hand, she gently draws her fingertip upwards along the skin of your neck, causing you to tense up… Your eyes take an involuntary peek down below her face, resulting in some tension in various other areas as well. You'd best do something about this ASAP, lest you complicate your situation further.

"…Remi, are you flirting with me?"

She recoils instantly, feigning shock in the most obviously fake manner possible.
"My word, of course not! Just harmless games between friends, right?" She giggles in your general direction in a superior tone, lying herself back down into a relaxed pose, eyes fixated upon yours, before shaking her head in a theatric fashion.
"And I had thought you to be a smart enough boy not to get confused by such jokes. Tsk, tsk, tsk."

"Hey now, just making sure you haven't fallen for me! After all, I've had to break the hearts of many poor girls who've found my charms irresistible…" An exaggerated gesture of the arms accompanying your completely ridiculous attempt at 'defending your honor', and Remilia bursts into uncontrollable laughter; while the notion of you having any sort of charm being amusing is a little hurtful, you're more concerned with keeping the vampire in a good mood until tomorrow evening, and sending her off to sleep in a good mood would greatly aid you in this goal.

"Oh, ohoho, oh wow. Ahaha. Ah…" It takes her a few moments to regain her composure and stop flailing in fits of laughter.
"…And here thought this would be just another dull evening. I ought to take you into bed with me and see if you'll keep entertaining me into the night, hmmm…"



"…What kind of entertainment are we talking about here?"

"I wonder. What do you think I'm talking about, darling?" Ah, a provocative question. She's got that predatory look on her face again, subconsciously baring her fangs at you, leaning just a little closer.

"…Poker?"

She snorts, before laughing heartily again, you joining her after a few seconds for good measure.
"Ah… You're fun. But, a lady needs her beauty sleep, so… Shoo, shoo." She gestures at you to hop off the bed, still chuckling to herself quietly, lazily lounging in a suspiciously alluring pose even as you move towards the door, involuntarily sending glances behind.

"…Good night, Remi."

"Good night, Jin. Be sure to build up lots of energy for tomorrow~"



You close the doors behind you, the locking mechanism activating just as you do this – Remilia must have a button to activate it remotely built into her bed, or something. What's going to happen tomorrow? As if on cue, the one person left in the mansion who could answer that question for you strolls by in the form of a very tired-looking Sakuya, but before you can even open your mouth to ask her anything…

"Sorry, kid. Too tired. Not tonight. Talk tomorrow." She mumbles this to you with a lazy gesture of the arm and half-closed eyes, headed in the general direction of the maid quarters. What were she and Remilia doing outside..? Bah, looks like it's getting to be bedtime in general in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, so you might as well go get some shut-eye and ask tomorrow. You sneak off towards your room, careful not to make too much noise lest you risk waking anyone else up… assuming anyone else is even around the guest quarters today. Marisa, Reimu and Alice were around, weren't they? Well, best not to wake them up, then… You stop by the guest bathroom to brush your teeth and attend to other necessities before bed, then head into your room, kick off your clothes, dive under the covers and pass out.

-------

A night of dreamless sleep. At least you won't be waking up with bizarre symbolism plaguing your thoughts.

-------

You open your eyes. Is it morning already? As the hazy blur clears from your vision, your sight is overcome by violet tones.

"Ah, you have awakened. Excellent. I was considering waking you forcefully, if you had slept much longer."

That monotonous, disinterested-in-everything voice, those violet eyes glaring at you and sending icy shivers down your spine…

"Good morning, Patchouli." You sit up groggily, yawning to yourself and discovering that you must've slept with your mouth open, judging by how dry the inside of your mouth is. The taste of dried-up saliva that has accumulated over the course of the night is never a pleasant thing to wake up to. You need a drink of water, or something.
"So, why are you in my room..?"

"We are not in your room. We are in mine." She's not even looking at you, instead fiddling about with various scrolls and trinkets here and there, seemingly conducting an inventory or something.

"…But why?"

"I wished to be the first one to speak to you this morning."

"Why not just come to my room, then? Why warp me here?"

"We could have been unexpectedly interrupted." Well, that sort of makes sense, actually… But wouldn't your sudden disappearance arouse suspicion in any case? Bah, you're still too groggy to worry your head over such things…

"Alright, alright… What did you want to talk about, then?" Yawning lazily again, you glance around for your clothing, discovering it in a neatly folded pile on a stool next to the bed.

"Later. First, you must shower, before Remi's festivities begin." Festivities? Well, you could probably use a nice morning shower in any case…
"And please do be quick. There are not many bathrooms in the mansion, and the fairies managed to do something to the waterworks so only the guest bathroom is functional for the moment. I would need to go after you." She glances at you with a bored expression, as if urging you to hasten your movement without words.

"Heh, well, if we're in such a hurry, we could save time by going together or something…" You put on the bare minimum of clothing for moving around the mansion, as you're going to be taking them off again for that shower anyway. Unfortunately, either your sense of humor is rather inappropriate in the early mornings, or Patchouli is simply unable to understand a joke.

"Hm. A fair point. Very well, then." Before you can even say anything, she makes an upward gesture with a finger, and a blinding flash consumes you, dropping you onto your hands and knees in the guest bathroom right next to Patchouli, who lands gracefully on her feet. Making no attempt to help you up, she simply removes her hat and sets it on a nearby counter, glaring at you with a mildly frustrated glance, like one would at an annoying pet that doesn't listen to its master's orders.
"Do hurry and undress already. We do not have long before Remi will wish to see you."

…Uh.



-------

[] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
[] It was a joke.
-{} You'll go first.
-{} She'll go first.
>> No. 115331
Thank you, Taisa.
>> No. 115340
>>115329
>>115331 here. I posted that before I saw you updated! Meant for it to be a thank you that you hadn't given up. Thank you for the update!

Now to read it
>> No. 115341
[X] It was a joke.
-{X} You'll go first.
>> No. 115343
>>115310
While I agree with the sentiment, it is not necessary to comment on everything. This is why we have sage, so that you don't bother others with your needless babble.
>> No. 115344
>>115328

Yeah, seems I jumped the gun. Glad to see you back in action Taisa! You've been missed....
>> No. 115346
[X] It was a joke.
-{X} She'll go first.

Ladies first
>> No. 115348
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

She DID say that they don't have much time, so it's actually a pretty smart and time efficient idea for them both to shower together.
>> No. 115349
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Efficiency! And why are people saging when they vote?
>> No. 115351
[X] It was a joke.
-{X} You'll go first.

And suddenly, my day got a whole lot better.
>> No. 115352
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>hair. help. wash.
I never had a chance here.
>> No. 115355
>>115349
Urk, I'm not used to voting, so I always think I ought to sage (since it's encouraged for regular comments).
>> No. 115356
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

We should live up to our word now that she's suggested it, and it's not like Jin and Patchouli haven't seen herself naked. She will not be amused by it being a joke at all. It's time efficient as well.

And yes I'm rooting for Flandre, but not such an ass to go against this.
>> No. 115358
[X] It was a joke.
-{X} You'll go first.
>> No. 115359
{Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.}

This situation...
>> No. 115360
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

dat hair.
>> No. 115361
>>115357
You assume that Patchouli wouldn't have that angle covered. She's shown in the past to cover various angles very well, like the door. And since we're showering, I think we'd just smell like whatever standard shampoo is used in the mansion.
>> No. 115362
[] It was a joke.
-{} You'll go first.

Hooray! I missed you so much Taisa!
>> No. 115363
>>115356

Yeah, kind of wish we hadn't suggested it in the first place. Maybe I'm just being paranoid though. I think worst comes to worst it could be explained away as being around our mentor for awhile this morning. Then again, Jin might be washing with Patchy's soap, which would probably be pretty recognizable to Remi. Totally overanalyzing this, though!

>"I know. It…" Her eyes dart to the side a few times, before returning to you, although not quite to your face.
"…wouldn't be a good idea anyway. I wouldn't want anything to happen that could, ah, hurt our friendship or anything… Um. I hope we understand each other, and…"

>"We can do something fun together next week, okay? I don't want to get in the way tomorrow. Besides, lots of people will be coming… Cirno will be here too. So, don't worry about me tomorrow, okay?" Her wings seem to twitch a little as she finishes speaking, her arms still holding onto you

Statements like this tear my heart out. We NEED to spend some quality time with Flandre. She needs some serious comforting and reassuring.
>> No. 115364
>>115361

Yeah. Thought it through a bit more. Changing my vote (again) back to:

[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Though we had goddamn better do some Flandre-cheering-up tomorrow if we get the chance.
>> No. 115369
[X] It was a joke.
-{X} You'll go first.

Patchouli can shower with Koakuma.
>> No. 115370
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115372
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

This sort of thing happens all the time in Japan. I think Jin is mature enough, and if something happens? Well I certainly won't be complaining....

Also it's great to see Taisa back, don't mind the impatient folks. I'm certainly willing to wait for a good story.
>> No. 115373
>and if something happens? Well I certainly won't be complaining....

I will.
>> No. 115375
>>115363
I think patchouli wouldn't get fancy with her shampoo and soap unlike Remilia. Hard to tell what Flandre and Sakuya use in terms of shampoo, soap and perfume(If they use it).

But I think in one way we only somewhat succeed in our goal to spend time with Flandre. But considering the mess that was caused by a bad/troll vote, we did this objective as well as we can considering this and other interference.

But I'm curious as to what will happen today that Flandre decided to butt out of the day.

Also someone suggested that revealing it was a joke might make us look more of an idiot infront of Patchouli. Personally I wished that Jin didn't say such a thing as to avoid this. But we should avoid making jokes like that when we can help it.
>> No. 115376
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

>>115373

Have faith in Jin, not to mention are not Jin and Patchouli pressed for time? Perhaps it has to do with Jin's big reveal later on and Patchy's merely trying to assist her pupil. Any extra time they can get in these preparations may prove to be beneficial in the long run.
>> No. 115377
[X] It was a joke.
-[X] You'll go first

I really don't think self-control will win if they bath together, and I don't want that to happen.
>> No. 115378
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Welcome back. I missed your writing. Please don't give up on us.
>> No. 115389
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
-[x] No stuttering.
Nothing will happen. 27 threads and you still don't get how Patchouli thinks? She's far too comfortable with his and other people's bodies to get sexual urges just by taking a bath. Besides, didn't she just said they don't have much time?
The write-in is an attempt to force Jin to act mature for once.
>> No. 115398
>>115346 here, changing my vote to [x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115403
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

I admit I like her, but hey, we owe her anyway. We can always discuss whatever needs discussing while we're at it. Besides, given the opportunity I would do the same with any of the other girls if they wanted to join us.

Also, I still feel kind of shitty for the remark made when searching for Koakuma that Patchy is too cold. It may be partially true, but you could tell it hurt her a little to hear that. I'm waiting for the chance to apologize for that.
>> No. 115407
>>115376
Agreed. I think in this case we can trust in Jin's judgement.

It does raise a few (sort of) unrelated issues for me, though. Does anyone else kind of feel shitty for sending Flandre such mixed messages? I think the time to make it clear to her what she means to us (or at least what she means to Jin, judging by the content of the update, not that I'm complaining, mind you) is fast approaching. Don't know that it needs to be done tomorrow, necessarily, but I think we need to show Flandre that we trust her enough to confide in her, at least. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's time to be honest with both ourselves and with Flandre about our time spent together. That's what solid, lasting relationships are built on, after all.

Wonderful update. Meaty and substantial. I like.
>> No. 115413
>>115407
Sure I certainly do, and we can only hope we can get that point across today or monday. Without much interference I hope, since the main cause of the mixed messages is outside influences.

Another thing in the near future is trying to get Cirno's help with perhaps making Rumia and Flandre friends, but this goes in line with the no mixed messages, and first step is to make a schedule for the week in terms of which clubs we go to, with the book club getting 3-4 days instead of 2-3. It's high time to get organized with our clubs.

>>115403
The intent of the remark wasn't to imply she doesn't care, but how she sounds. But I think she's over that matter.
>> No. 115417
Actual discussion instead of Shitstroms.

Anon, I am approve.
>> No. 115419
>>115417

Agreed. It's very nice to see. That one guy implying the last winning vote was a troll vote made me frown, but otherwise this has been very civil. I think it goes to show that we've all been getting better about that.
>> No. 115450
>>115419

If you were talking about >>115375 , that was in reference to the infamous "Let's have Rumia and Flan be friends" vote, which we all know how that turned out. The vote turned out as I hoped, forcing neither answer upon Flan.

My apologies if you got that implication from the post.
>> No. 115454
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Somehow I don't think telling her it was a joke will make her very happy.
>> No. 115455
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115457
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115462
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115463
Let's see if I am understanding this situation properly.

It's currently morning, the one time of the day where you're most likely to find a large number of the household needing to use the bathroom at the same time.
Not counting the fairy maids, Koakuma, or Meiling, there are at least five potential bathroom users in the mansion, Jin included.
Assuming Reimu, Marisa, and Alice stayed the night, that number increases to eight.

And there's only one bathroom in the entire mansion that's currently working.

Eight people, one bathroom, in the morning? Especially the morning of a big event that everyone is going to need to prepare for?

You do know what's likely to happen in this situation, yes?
>> No. 115464
>>115463

This is Patchouli we're showering with. I'm sure she's made the room secure enough to prevent any reasonable attempt to intrude.
>> No. 115465
>>115463

Yeah, your point?
>> No. 115468
[+] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
-[+] ...right?
>> No. 115469
>>115463
I think the mansion has more than one bathroom. I'm certain that certain rooms have their own bathrooms. (Just the main one is nicer), and Patchoul and Jin are in her own personal bathroom in the library. As far as explanations, I'm sure Patchouli will think of something good.
>> No. 115470
>>115469

Except she said that only the guest bathroom is functional.
>> No. 115471
>>115469
Might want to check the last part of the update again.

>>"And please do be quick. There are not many bathrooms in the mansion, and the fairies managed to do something to the waterworks so only the guest bathroom is functional for the moment. I would need to go after you."

>>Before you can even say anything, she makes an upward gesture with a finger, and a blinding flash consumes you, dropping you onto your hands and knees in the guest bathroom right next to Patchouli, who lands gracefully on her feet.
>> No. 115473
>>115471
Is that so~?

That's all the more reason to be quick about it.
>> No. 115474
>>115469

Voting for the Patchouli option without actually reading the update?

That's not good, man.
>> No. 115475
>>115463

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they either already bathed, or worked out a shift system. It sounded to me as though that one bathroom being the only functioning one was part of Remi's little plan. Aside from the fact that Patchy in all likelihood has sealed the door, we may be in there before anyone is scheduled to use it, and no one would know because Patchy warped us straight there.

Chillax, brah. It's all cool.
>> No. 115477
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
-[x] ...right?

Practical Patchy is practical. And lovely.
>> No. 115478
>>Aside from the fact that Patchy in all likelihood has sealed the door

Setting aside the fact that you don't know that she did or did not, don't you think that magically-sealing a bathroom would perhaps come off as more than a bit odd to anyone who might notice it? I mean, it's one thing for her to do it to her own quarters, but the guest bathroom?

>>It sounded to me as though that one bathroom being the only functioning one was part of Remi's little plan.

I find the potential implications of that to be slightly unsettling.
>> No. 115480
>>115478

Yes, it is a bit odd, and someone might notice it, but that's all they notice: that it's pretty odd that the door is sealed magically. No one has any reason to suspect what's going on inside.
>> No. 115481
>>115478

I kind of doubt anyone would notice if she did. It's not like magic seals have to be brilliantly shining and obvious, and it's not like anyone would think to check for it specifically. I mean, really, why on earth would that door be sealed in the first place? Hell, if it was discovered, I'm pretty sure the first reaction would be "find the fairy that thought this would be a funny joke, and bring them to me!"

Honestly though, I trust Patchouli to make sure we don't caught one way or the other. She has more sense than to let that happen.
>> No. 115493
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Jin's got greater concerns to be thinking about, such as this "surprise" from Remilia which seems she's invited a number of people to attend; not to mention his big reveal.

inb4 Jin's requested to perform music thanks to Remilia hearing about his previous performances.
>> No. 115496
[X] It was a joke.
-[X] You'll go first
>> No. 115497
[X] It was a joke.
-[X] You'll go first

Bathing is not something you do with your mentor. It's something you do with the vampire girl who likes you.
>> No. 115500
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115502
{X} Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115503
>>115474
I read the update, just glanced over little details; a human mistake. It was not route faggotry, like >>115497. Reminder: I'm a Flandre fan voting for the good of the story

To Patchy, a bath is just a bath, she's not one to attach sexual subtextes to things.

>>115481
Patchy's been good about covering various angles in her actions, and this is still rather early (Her intent was to talk to him before Remilia).
>> No. 115504
>>115497
>Bathing is something you do with your master.

Fixed it for you.

[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

feels good man
>> No. 115505
Caught a cold, no update today.
>> No. 115506
>>115505

Get well soon man.
>> No. 115507
File 126954059168.jpg - (308.78KB , 715x1000 , 2cefc59caecbd353c95032556859a70f.jpg ) [iqdb]
115507
>>115505
>> No. 115515
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115516
>>115503

Yeah, I know I was being a a big faggot. It's just that I was (still am, actually) pissed at the fact that when we had the chance to do something similar with Flandre people were shitting themselves up, but now everyone is pratically going nuts for it.
>> No. 115517
>>115516

The main time we could take a bath with Flandre was just absolutely taking advantage with her as Taisa pointed out in a bad end. Or are you talking about something else?

If I didn't honestly think this was for the best, I wouldn't have voted for it.
>> No. 115519
>>115516

Understandable, though the situations were different, and if the same opportunity came up again in a slightly tweeked manner, the outcome may very well be different.

I would not be truly worried about something significant happening in the bathroom (which I suppose in all fairness I cannot entirely discount, despite the likelihood being close to nil) for practicality's sake if nothing else. Flandre showed a substantial amount of maturity in our interactions just now, despite being pretty obviously jealous of her sister's use of our time. We should make time to do something special for her in the next update or two, if possible.

For the record, Taisa, I really enjoy the way you've been writing the interactions between Jin and Flandre as of late. They've been heartwarming and meaningful.
>> No. 115523
[X] It was a joke.
-[X] You'll go first
>> No. 115524
[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115525
[Q] It was a joke.
-[Q] You'll go first
>> No. 115534
Finally I've caught up with the story. Thank you Taisa for writing this, I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it.

I was going to vote to clarify that it was a joke but after being reminded of how we hurt her when we pointed out that she sounds cold I had to change my mind.

[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Being intimate with her (not in a sexual way necessarily, and probably better not) would be a good way to show her that we like her and care about her.
Just because she doesn't show her emotions much and doesn't get worked up over some things you'd expect isn't proof that she's made of stone. Regardless of how things went with Koakuma last night she could probably use some help to relax.
>> No. 115540
[X] It was a joke.
-[X] You'll go first
>> No. 115558
File 12695682618.jpg - (99.37KB , 500x333 , 2240152649_9a35850105.jpg ) [iqdb]
115558
>>115505
Get well soon
>> No. 115607
I was saving this for another CYOA but I felt this suits GH better; not to mention Ivanthey may be tiring of my posts.

>>115493
>inb4 Jin's requested to perform music thanks to Remilia hearing about his previous performances.

Gensokyo was a haunted village.
Now it's Gensokyo, not an ordinary village
Been a long time gone, the ancient village
Now its' phantasms delight on a Full moon night
Every gal in the ancient village
Lives in Gensokyo, not in the run down village
So if you've a date within the old huge village
She'll be waiting in Gensokyo

Even Chireiden was once formerly Hell
Why they changed it one can say
People just liked it better that way.

So take me back to the old village
No, you can't go back to that old village
Been a long time gone, the haunted village
Why did the old village get the works?
That's nobody's business but the exorcists'

do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do

Gensokyo (Gensokyo~!)

do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do

Gensokyo (Gensokyo~!)

Even Chireiden was once formerly Hell
Why they changed it one can say
People just liked it better that way~!

Gensokyo was the very old village
Now it's Gensokyo, not the ancient village
Been a long time gone, The haunted village
Why did the old village get the works?
That's nobody's business but the exorcists'

do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do

do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do, do do do - do do di di do

do do do do do do do do

So take me back to the old village
No, you can't go back to that old village
Been a long time gone, the haunted village
Why did the old village get the works?
That's no-body's business but the exorcists'

Gen-so-kyooooooo~!


You can guess who I am Taisa, also here's a video in reference to the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv-KcF3Rkv8 enjoy~!
>> No. 115608
>>115607
Forgot to say I may have fudged a bit on it but it was done out of fun anyways.
>> No. 115614
>>115607
The song in that vid is called Istanbul by a band named They Might Be Giants.
>> No. 115617
>>115493
That idea has some potential. I hope you're right.


[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
>> No. 115626
>>115614

That's right, think it was too much though?

I had another one in mind but...
>> No. 115627
>>115626
I think it was pretty good actually. I'm happy someone else knows the band though, and I'm also happy that you didn't use some of their other songs. The Do's and Di's may have been a little much though.
>> No. 115628
File 126963718042.jpg - (202.33KB , 600x750 , hazama.jpg ) [iqdb]
115628
>>115627
>The Do's and Di's may have been a little much though.

I agree and yet I felt without it, it felt like something's missing. Plus it's a pretty obscure song compared to the other two I did so I had to make it stand out some how...

ah well. I did forget to post the name of the song and band so that part I did make a mistake in. I will say though I had envision Jin doing that song after all that's said and done.
>> No. 115630
>>115628
You're right it would feel like something was missing for sure, and there's really nothing else that I could think of to put there. Just out of curiosity, what were the other songs you had in mind?
>> No. 115634
File 126963832923.jpg - (275.56KB , 876x919 , hazama2.jpg ) [iqdb]
115634
>>115630

Oh you'll see them when it's least expected. In the mean time I'll be holding back...

I'm just having a little bit of fun. If I manage to have some one utter a chuckle or be amazed then I did my self appointed duty.

In the mean time enough of my ramblings as I posted that here for fun not to hijack the thread.
>> No. 115635
File 126963868453.jpg - (456.48KB , 570x800 , 0cdd7f89b9d9840dccc6256c0ee6d9393a1219c6.jpg ) [iqdb]
115635
>>115634
Good luck on your quest then!
>> No. 115963
I sense a pattern developing.
>> No. 115967
>>115963
I fear
>> No. 115969
No, no patterns, damn it. I'm still here. Just having some trouble getting back into rhythm. Crappy excuse, I know.
>> No. 115971
>>115969

Crappy excuse or not it's still a viable one. Heck it's no different if a body builder suddenly quits for a long time, then comes the atrophy of the muscles. Bound to take some time before that strength and momentum to be rebuilt once more.

We'll be here nonetheless so...

Take it easy.
>> No. 115972
>>115969

We'll still be here when you decide to start writing again.
>> No. 115989
File 127016119398.png - (243.38KB , 1100x1100 , 3b019ec21398ce4cb73bad944d1bac73.png ) [iqdb]
115989
Have a Flan eating wings
>> No. 116032
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Skinship with Patchy is always nice~
>> No. 116135
[X] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.

Someone will walk in. It will be amusing.
>> No. 116144
Calling votes. Showery togetherness.
>> No. 116145
>>116144
Huzzah!
>> No. 116234
>A closet suspiciously locked up with chains. You can't help but wonder what it could be that was in that closet, and why it felt like Flandre didn't want you getting a look at whatever it was.
Skeletons on her closet? heh
Also, in that update Flandre kinda got the wrong idea of what he didn't want to sleep with her... it was just to (like she guessed already) keep Remi happy.
Finally, I can't wait for the next update... I mean she will make a party on Jin's honor? And he'll explain how everyone played her for a fool since the start? Drama-riffic!
>> No. 116236
File 127083643084.jpg - (27.55KB , 400x289 , mexican_flandre.jpg ) [iqdb]
116236
>>115493
A music festival would be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBIJlorkQY
This is what I think Flandre would choose right now. Poor girl as been kinda neglected lately, don't ya think?
>> No. 116240
>>116234
that struck me as Flan realizing the trouble he could get in.

though I wonder how long this high school drama stuff has to keep up, since this period may ultimately been seen as the low point in the story after it's all said and done. It might be part of the reason why people are dropping this.

>>116236
Yes but the question is if we could do that without something getting in the way.
>> No. 116246
File 127085874350.jpg - (35.87KB , 285x610 , yuugi needs more alchol.jpg ) [iqdb]
116246
>> No. 116253
>>116240
I don't think it's so much "people dropping it" as "people assuming Taisa still hasn't updated and someone just accidentally forgot their sage".
>> No. 116281
>>116253
You haven't been to the corners I've been to. It's for various reasons, shitstorms, some people giving up on it due to what appears to be a Flandre route Just as well, since we didn't need people like that anyways. One guy just couldn't take it easy.

I do see this as a removal of non-true fans and possible shitstorm elements.
>> No. 116300
>>116281
> Spoiler-ed part
Fuck yes.
I was thinking that shitstorms were somewhat absent lately. The best is yet to come, it seems
>> No. 116303
>>116281
Ahhhh, faggotry and shitstorm-inciting again, at long last! Gosh, we nearly went an entire post without your worthless, useless, ugly hide!

But no, you were bound and determined to bring back the rugged, headstrong spirit of failure and polarization that this story thrives on. Godspeed, sir. You're bringing this boat to a horrible burning wreck faster than any of us could if left to our own devices.

By god, we'll sink this story yet! Continue the idiotic side-taking, the mindless arguments, the useless squabbling and bickering! That's what this story was built on and we're not going to let the finest tradition of Gensokyo High be brushed aside just like that!

Hell no! We're going to make this story awful to read again, like god intended! Fuck yeah!

Come on, people, who's with me?! Let's post a lot of barely-SFW Flandre pictures! No, wait, let's brand one side as pedophiles!
Or, better yet! Let's just pick a stupid option, vote for it, then yell at each other about how it was clearly the other side's fault that things are going wrong!

Oh, fuck it, let's just write terribly-composed posts at one another and sling obscenities around! GODDAMN, I'M HARD JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! Somebody start printing up loyalty pledges and whip up an allegiance drive! Let's do this!

God bless you, >>116281 ! You're making this story painful to read again, and causing the author to wish again that he'd never written it. Bless you and your retarded ideas and opinions, and bless you for speaking in such a high-handed, arrogant way!

You're a man's man and a shining example of someone who should have been shot at birth.

I hope my children grow up to be like you, and then kill themselves.
>> No. 116304
>>116303
>Get mad and make a long-winded speech about how the poster should have been shot at birth
>Tell him he's the one instigating a shitstorm

If you guys, I don't know, ignored him, there would never had been even one shitstorm. You guys are almost as bad as /v/ when it comes to ignoring trolls and the like.
>> No. 116305
>>116304
You must admit that >>116303 is fucking hilarious.
>> No. 116306
>>116305

I must admit, I did lol a bit.
>> No. 116308
>>116306
>I did lol a bit
That's all that matters. I wrote >>116303 to call him out on his faggotry and failure, nothing more. I just happened to have this whole patriotic/stirring speech sort of groove going at the same time.

And anyway, even if >>116281 is a troll, then all of what I said applies twice as hard as before. We don't need people like that.
>> No. 116310
>>116308
I think you missed the point of my remark: We didn't need route faggotry and equated the reduction in shitstorms with those people dropping it.

if anyone was starting shitstorms or shit posts it's you and your implied route faggotry. After all I get the feeling if I said Patchouli instead of Flandre, you'd be patting me on the back.
>> No. 116318
I'm happy about one thing anyway: we're going to have to start a new thread after this.
>> No. 116319
>>116310

Dude. Stop. Just stop.

He had a decent, if poorly expressed, point in that you needlessly harped on anyone who wanted something other than a Flan route without provocation. Then you talked about some "true fan" crap, which has a couple implications. In your response to his admittedly overly passionate reply - one that did not advocate any particular route, incidentally - you accused him of being someone from a rival "faction."

I have a feeling that I know who you are, and that you have been told before, but I'm going to say it anyway: stop being needlessly partisan. That kind of attitude really does inspire shitstorms. Just chill out, and don't slam on anyone who disagrees with you without provocation.
>> No. 116682
ghost bump is getting my hopes up for no reason
>> No. 116684
File 127144853951.jpg - (107.61KB , 800x600 , 904325325502ac545003bdae0901da60.jpg ) [iqdb]
116684
>>116144
10 days later.
>> No. 116686
>>116682

Sorry Anon, but it was needed for Fallout guy to update. >>116588

Though, an update here would be nice too.
>> No. 116707
File 127150882111.png - (530.45KB , 800x1150 , a6763a49511cb58b0e5a2f298284fb2d.png ) [iqdb]
116707
>> No. 116773
How is it going Taisa? Me and the guys just wanted a heads-up on how you were, and how the next update was coming. No rush, just a little worried.
>> No. 116776
>>116773
I annoy him every day on irc
>> No. 116885
File 127218879584.jpg - (511.71KB , 1200x1600 , 0705h.jpg ) [iqdb]
116885
>> No. 116887
File 127219432287.png - (271.38KB , 600x500 , 6e2cab15b30a1073119f34d60739d299.png ) [iqdb]
116887
>>116885
Why would you do that?
>> No. 116889
File 12721968638.jpg - (300.67KB , 1200x900 , 0905.jpg ) [iqdb]
116889
>>116887
>> No. 116964
>>116889

Highly disturbing and oddly arousing.
>> No. 116988
File 127234181162.png - (115.69KB , 512x386 , 11376543.png ) [iqdb]
116988
>> No. 117049
Needs more Remilia.
Writing now.
>> No. 117080
File 127265297238.jpg - (889.29KB , 1600x1200 , 3268ccacaeb2c1d9ad8f3e96a1443287fbad2e6c.jpg ) [iqdb]
117080
>>117049
>> No. 117083
>>117049
Yay!
>> No. 117263
File 127297491696.jpg - (458.35KB , 1200x1751 , 10.jpg ) [iqdb]
117263
>>117049
>> No. 117264
>>117263
forgot sage
>> No. 117265
>>117049
You said it.
>> No. 117315
File 127304546310.png - (36.81KB , 350x350 , taisa at his pc.png ) [iqdb]
117315
>>117049
>> No. 117328
File 127310682686.png - (49.87KB , 500x500 , corbin56.png ) [iqdb]
117328
>>117315
Taisa as John?
>> No. 117342
>>117263

Damn, where is that from?
>> No. 117384
File 127326869343.jpg - (548.40KB , 1050x1000 , e29b05fb46fe572cde6edb5134c0102f.jpg ) [iqdb]
117384
>> No. 117418
>>117384
Holy shit.

The implications of this just caught up with me once I noticed Remi was pregnant. [/spoiler][spoiler]Flan's going to be a daddy, huh? That is so fucking wrong ...and, disturbingly, so very arousing.
>> No. 117629
>>117384
Five quatloos says it's a pillow.
>> No. 118017
File 127454448472.png - (1.00MB , 1000x1800 , a9f10c742007d14251548ae3b44b2f59.png ) [iqdb]
118017
This is pretty much how i see Flandre good end. Even after Jin died, Flandre still carries his skull around because her love for him will never die.
>> No. 118018
File 127454672673.jpg - (37.07KB , 638x319 , 1194143779821.jpg ) [iqdb]
118018
>>117629
>> No. 118026
>>118017
The good ending would be where she takes a trip on a nice boat, cradling his head in her arms...

...I wonder what's in that gym bag behind them.
>> No. 118035
>>118026

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Don't think about the gym bag; you're happy with things the way they are. If you don't look, nothing will change, and both of you will have a happy end. Looking will only make you sad.
>> No. 118059
>>118035
"Oh god, it's the rest of me."
>> No. 120113
File 127835521364.jpg - (349.69KB , 560x800 , 2a6ecdf6a55ccb0df986a9b2e50bfdc1.jpg ) [iqdb]
120113
I am disappointed Taisa.
>> No. 120669
so is it safe to assume this story is dead?
>> No. 120671
>>120669
No, just a sort of hiatus until he feels up to it.

And don't bump this up.
>> No. 121077
>hiatus until he feels up to it

The more time that passes between where the previous update left off and where a new one would need to begin, considering the gravity of the upcoming events in-story, the more difficult it will be for Taisa (or any would-be writer) to pick things back up again in any coherent fashion. It will also be a considerable challenge to engage readers who may be somewhat disillusioned with the story and may not even remember key events accurately. Momentum has been lost. Also, I think it was stated somewhere that Taisa did not save drafts of the previous updates, and many previous updates have been pushed off the boards over time. Don't quote me on that first one, though.

If this story is still on 'hiatus' in one or two months, will it be dead then? Or just lying dormant like the proverbial Marble King waiting to burst forth to retake the conquered citadel? Don't get me wrong, I would sincerely enjoy this story being resumed, and I sincerely hope to be proven wrong in this example, but it's just not really fair to string people along (I understand that this likely is not the intention of the author, but I believe this to be what many former followers of this story feel). The fact that the writer has missed just about every self-imposed deadline from more than half a year ago on is not encouraging, either. I believe the most we can hope for at this stage is for some enterprising soul to either begin a similar-themed story (I've rewritten and edited several sections of the original text that I was able to save. I'm not sure I would ever post them, however, in respect to Taisa and whatever dignity I have left), or at best a GH redux should Taisa decide to pick up the loose ends. That being said, the task is in no way undoable, and something tells me that the majority of the site’s user base would support him wholeheartedly should he attempt to do just that.

Make no mistake. No one who posts or begins a story here has any obligation to finish, or even inform you of their intentions or reasoning. It's just detrimental to all of us (writer included) when they don't. Reality can suck the life and creative motivation right out of you, regardless of your own good intentions.

Don't cite claims of overwhelming exhaustion, either. I highly doubt that would be the central cause for a lack of updates for such a length of time, despite potential truth behind them. Length of update and difficulty producing it is also a fairly weak argument. It was stated on several occasions that it was not the length of the story and updates Anonymous was concerned with, but rather the content within. However the writer's own vision for the outcome and length/perceived level of quality for the story has to be factored in. Some people expect nothing less than perfection from themselves (I myself am guilty of this from time to time). Speculation without confirmation by the author is largely a waste, in any-case.

If something motivates and interests you enough, you WILL make time for it, whenever possible. One may not always have the same amount of time or effort available to put into something, it is my opinion that people will gravitate to their passions, regardless of external circumstances. For some, writing may actually help relieve the stress of a strained mind grounded in the unfortunately (or possibly fortunately) gritty world we live in. Especially when the writing entails a departure from said world to the ideal and impossible. Fantasy can be a wonderful stress-reliever. I imagine it is a large part of the reason any of us spend time here at all. The reality of it is that some people just decide to move on to other things, lose interest, or realize that writing an interactive story where people may take the story in unexpected directions and and/or vocally voice dissenting opinions is too mentally taxing. Frankly, I think what is available of the story should be archived, and then deleted from the boards. Not just for this story either. Completed or abandoned stories from yesteryear can bring back fond memories, but can also be deadweight for authors attempting to measure up. That is not to say they should not be viewed and drawn from, however. Make them accessible via the archives, but remove them from where they may detract attention from active stories. Might help with streamlining, somewhat as well, I suppose.

Incidentally, I post this not because of some misguided grudge or anger for the author, far from it, but because I believe the situation and relationship between writer and reader needs to be understood and accepted if a healthy relationship between the two is to be maintaining. This is applicable in many places, this being one of the more notable recently; thus I have chosen to post here. I believe this story is a painful (this due mostly to the significant emotional investment of its followers, always testament to the writer’s ability to ensnare readers, though perhaps in this case exacerbated by pre-existing investments) example of the potential effects of an unhealthy relationship between author and reader, and should be noted for prospective up-and-coming writers here. Author failed to maintain control, and readers ran amok partially because of it, which was compounded by misguided interests and overzealous dedications to various characters. I certainly will not hesitate to praise or appreciate the effort he put into this and his other story(s?), however. I am not certain I myself or many others could accomplish what Taisa did. Not everyone is cut out for it.

I will not respond further in this thread(unless of course the story is updated), or to any with differing opinions who may attempt to pick apart my statements. Hopefully this did not come off as overly grandiose, presumptuous or condescending. I enjoy the site quite a bit, and wouldn't intentionally belittle other users despite what is sometimes said and done here.

Let dead dogs lie.
>> No. 121108
>>121077
>overly grandiose, presumptuous or condescending.

Oh you most certainly were all three.

And I was in contact with Taisa and he has indeed planned out things after this scene pretty well; just that he's busy with work to see about getting past the current hurtle. Faggots like you are not helping anything.
>> No. 121139
>>112208

NO U

I will respond just this once. I had a feeling someone like you would come along, and leave a response that was scathing and insulting, yet not really address anything I said. So I will take this opportunity to clarify somewhat. Did you read what I wrote in full? It's doubtful. Or if you did, you were too busy over-analyzing my 'faggotry' and what you probably saw as an attack on one of your favorite writers to see the merit or relevance in some of what I said. I suppose that's how you argue on the internet, eh? I'd refer you to specifics, but I have a feeling you'd ignore it either way. If you resort to belittling to get your point across, it speaks to your character, not mine, and in any-case represents a large portion of the problems with the reader's side of the responsibility in this story in the past. Quick to assume, and to lash out. Although I do understand I cannot hope to have agreement from every party, a little civility wouldn't kill you. If anything, I was pointing out (in my humble opinion) a need for a writer to be honest and straightforward with their readers. If an update can not be made in time, no problem, just don't leave however many readers you may have hanging. Declare a temporary hiatus if need be, maybe with an intention to return at a later date. It's not the end of the world, and stories have been continued in situations like these. A simple sentence explanation will suffice. I believe the last comment Taisa left in this thread was >>117049, announcing that he was writing the update. Do bear in mind not everyone is 'in contact' with him. There are notable examples of writers who are forced to set writing aside for real life issues, yet still keep their readers informed such as Glasnost, among others. The post at >>/blue/1731 echos a few of the sentiments I've expressed here. Again, though, it should be made emphasized that in reality no one has an obligation or responsibility to do or post anything here. It just would be nice if they did, and probably wouldn't hurt all that much, either.

You further several of my points, if anything. Just to let you know, I had most of this typed out beforehand , and tied-in some of the relevant bits about this story much after the fact when I saw the response I had quoted. I do not f5 this thread all day waiting to take potshots at the writer, nor did I want to start another thread in /gensokyo/ about this, or post it in an active story. If you're telling me that I have nothing to say and should just shut up and be a good boy, well, that's just like, your own opinion, man. I think my points are now clear for those who feel inclined to read them, or ignore them. I will leave it to users to determine whether what I've said is indicative of my being a 'faggot' or not. In hindsight perhaps I should have chosen another inactive story or board to post on, rolled over and removed any references to Taisa whatsoever, or posted these subjects elsewhere (possibly /blue/). I know full well the sorts of unsavory responses this story's thread seem to, unfortunately for the author, attract and the last thing I want to do is discourage the writer. However, at this point I can think of few more relevant and somewhat recent stories that what I've said applies to. Keep in mind I could be talking about any author, for example Patchwork. Maybe I just care too much. Either way I'm moving on and going to do what I can to vote and read as many stories as I can, and offer support to the writers we can and should do more to appreciate. This is our shared enjoyment, after all.

That said, it's encouraging to hear Taisa is working towards resuming writing, and I will say now, once more, that I will support him every step of the way, regardless of what he chooses to write.
>> No. 121387
>>121139
Yes, well... To be quite honest, there's still at least one issue with continuing GH any time soon, for me. As you may or may not know (depending on whether you've been on IRC), my hard disk crapped out a few weeks ago, with no warning. Lost everything on it, too.

Including my notes on GH.

While this doesn't mean this story is dead forever or anything, it -does- mean that I'll have to re-read everything from the very beginning and re-create those little notes: Who has or hasn't said what to whom yet in the story, what exactly has happened here or there, little details that would have become more or less important as the story goes on, that sort of thing.

I have a really bad memory, you see. Hell, I can't even remember whether the protagonist knows what Sakuya's power is, yet.

Sorry. I'll keep you informed if anything changes. Or, well, I'll try to, anyway. I've never tried to purposefully avoid my readers or withhold information from them. Admittedly, I should have posted information about my various absences and whatnot in this thread, rather than here and there in scattered threads across the boards, but... Well, better late than never.

tl;dr: GH is still 'stalled' (I like that word better than 'on hiatus' because the latter sounds as if the writer doesn't -want- to write it anymore) until further notice. THV will continue at an unspecified time due to suddenly fucked up work schedules and health issues and other poor and miserable excuses brought up in >>121077

I do try to make time for writing. I really do. It's just that working seven days a week leaves me with little energy for it.

Again, sorry.
>> No. 121734
File 128154937424.png - (1.16MB , 850x1200 , 1280294708632.png ) [iqdb]
121734
>>121387
I thank you for your honesty. Leaving your readers without a word on what is going on is always bad. All that i can do is to wish you to get better soon and good luck.
If you ever get back to writing, i will be sure to read it.
>> No. 132905
This is about to dissapear into the last page so no one will read this but.. I miss this story.
Come back.
>> No. 133200
Finally catched up this story.
All I can hope is for Rumia to interrupt the party.


[x] Well, with all that hair of hers she could probably use someone's help washing it; that's one way to gradually pay her back for all she's done for you. You're mature enough to understand that this doesn't have to lead anywhere.
Pay for your stupid jokes.

Inb4 Anon barges in, shouting: "This story is in hiatus! Fuck off!"
>> No. 133226
>>133200
You are not helping anything at all. And Rumia wouldn't help anything, but make things worse, including the shitstorms