[Return]
Archived Thread

File 126620779244.png - (461.29KB , 737x412 , Detective Vision.png ) [iqdb]
112201 No. 112201
“Good show, Bruce! Good show!” A shake of the shoulder and I'm back in reality, one of the board directors clapping me on the back, as flash photography and shouting questions ring in my ear. The normally secular boardroom, reserved for myself and high up vice presidents and managers only, is filled with reporters, from Ms. Shameimaru from the Gotham City News, to that news writer from Metropolis. Questions pour towards me, and I can't help but wonder how the hell I got here.

Thankfully, before they settle down long enough for me to make a statement, my phone buzzes. A quick peek reveals the texter: Nitori.

'go2lab now' Well, that's very succinct, but thankfully an out.

“Well, the office calls.” With a smile and a wink towards Ms. Shameimaru, I turn and walk from the room, hopefully a hasty escape from the situation. I've always hated press conferences; the managers normally have to sucker me into them, unless they're for charity.

Which makes me wonder, what the hell happened in that gap of time? A quick glance at my watch tells me it's already after the meeting this afternoon, which makes for a fairly large amount of time unaccounted for. I think the last thing I remember was talking to Nitori, and shaking her hand... hrm. Considering the publicity, a quick gander onto the GCN this evening will hopefully make it easier to figure out what happened. For now, I slip into an elevator, and take it down to floor 53.

Floor 53, I recall, is where WayneTech's labs USED to be before we moved the division to it's own building. It's mostly cleared out, but I guess while I was out I let her know she could use it- it's odd enough I knew exactly where to go without having to ask.

... damnit. I need to sort this shit out. Not think I need to, need to.

A soft DING lets me know where I am, and I step out into floor 53. While the other floors in this building tend to have people and workers around, the bustling of life in the building embodying the hard work of Gothamites, here it's mostly deserted. Removed nameplates, slight collections of dust, and stark white walls compared to the more comfortable new paint jobs the other floors got just shows the difference.

BZZZZT! The loud sound of welding metal alerts me to which lab that Nitori probably took. Lab 4, I'll have to remember that. It's a short walk, and once I get there I let myself in to find quite the sight.

The lab, normally bare, two stories tall and fairly wide with concrete floors, is now twice as wide. A veritable fleet of scarab-shaped mechanical automations with electric welders and claws float through the room, assembling computers, working on different gadgets, and... is that a car they're working on?!

“Yep, that's a car!” From behind the mountain of machines, Nitori walks out, a strange mechanical appendage sticking out of a square machine firmly strapped onto her back. The thing is practically a mechanical arm, a number of various tools attached to its end, probably to facilitate work on Nitori's smaller frame. She smiles at me. “Don't worry, Boss. I'm not gonna go all Doc Ock on you.”

“I'm not worried about that, Nitori... but I have to ask, what're you working on?” Nitori's smile turns into a huge grin at my confused countenance.

“Well, a lot of things! You don't do guns, right?” A look comes over my eyes, and she nods. “Thought so. Well, I've got plans for quite a few things....” The girl pulls out a notepad, and gives it to me. “I'll probably make all of them, but here are a few I can make quickly.” A quick look through the notepad leaves me... surprised.

Batarangs? Double Batarangs! Triple Batarangs! Sonic Batarangs- distraction AND jammer!! Explosive Batarangs! Knockout Batarangs! EMP Batarangs!

Smoke bombs! Anesthetic Gas bombs! Actual bombs? :3

Plastique? EXC5? Explosive Gel? Of course with remotes.

Body armor? Can try some of that Type III or Type IV, especially with extremity plates. Can get painted by tonight, depends on level: requires custom make.

Grappling Hook Gun is a must! Maybe with claw-attatchement for people/objects? Will have to ask Boss.

Some kind of HUD vision? Cowl might need better armor: secret identity protection? Maybe gas mask built in? Night Vision? Thermal?


Sketches and rough notes of various types of weapons and items are written on the list, along with the possible designs for what seems to be a car, ranging from tank-like and unsubtle to a ridiculously long, gothic car with flared sides. And... and... is that a car with a mask on it's hood? I'm not sure how to feel about that one.

“Well?” I look up, and Nitori's giving me a look of a kid expecting the best Christmas present ever.... and to be honest, some of these look like good ideas.

“I like them.” I give her nod and a smile of approval, and I swear the grin on her face can't get bigger.

“Great! Now, I can have a few ready for you by, say, seven this evening... maybe four or so? The Grapple gun's already done, and I have a radio for your cowl; it'll cover police band and any other you can set it to.” Right, right, Nitori. I turn away from her for a sec, looking over the list. What do I want tonight....


[x] New Gadget Time.

Batarangs, explosives, and weapons: Pick 5

Batarangs (Long Distance and nonlethal weaponry, with exception)
[ ] “Can you make my batarangs more effective?”
[ ] “Two Batarangs at once, you said?”
[ ] “Why the hell not, let's see if we can do three.”
[ ] “Sonic Batarangs?”
[ ] “How about Remote Control Batarangs?”
[ ] “Explosive Batarangs?”
[ ] “Sleep Gas Batarangs?”
[ ] “EMP batarangs?”

Bombs (Medium to close range, scattershot, fairly effective equipment)
[ ] “Smoke Bombs? But I already have those... Are these more effective?”
[ ] “What about these gas bombs?”
[ ] “Explosives? I can find a use for those...”
[ ] “How about some flashbangs?”

High Explosives (Stationary, remote detonated, can be extremely lethal, and highly destructive.)
[ ] “Plastique? It could be useful for breaching...”
[ ] “Whoa, what is this EXC5 stuff?”
[ ] “Tell me about 'Explosive Gel.'

Batsuit Modifications: (Pick 2.)

[ ] “I could use better armor. (Type III)”
[ ] “I mean REALLY good armor. (Type IV)”
[ ] “I don't suppose you can throw on some Nth Metal?”
[ ] “Glide Cape? Can you really do that?”
[ ] ”Wait, what about some kind of jet-glider, for close-range flight?”
[ ] “Tell me about this HUD?”
[ ] “Night Vision is important in my line of work.”
[ ] “Some kind of 'detective' vision for working with chemicals and evidence?”
[ ] “You know... X-Ray vision would be VERY helpful.” (Requires both Night Vision and Detective Vision)

Gadgets (Useful Tools) Pick 2.
[ ] “How about a frequency scanner, for electronic locks?”
[ ] “A claw added to the Grapnel, maybe?”
[ ] “... Three claws.”
[ ] “Caltrops are always handy.”
[ ] “A parachute would be lovely.”
[ ] “Spare grappling guns?”

“And how do you want the Batmobile to look?”
[ ] Writein.

Feel free to write in anything to replace one of the gadgets up above.

>> No. 112202
[x] “Can you make my batarangs more effective?”
[x] “Sonic Batarangs?”
[x] “EMP batarangs?”
[x] “Smoke Bombs? But I already have those... Are these more effective?”
[x] “How about some flashbangs?”

[x] “Night Vision is important in my line of work.”
[x] “Some kind of 'detective' vision for working with chemicals and evidence?”

[x] “How about a frequency scanner, for electronic locks?”
[x] “A parachute would be lovely.”

Someone else tackle the Batmobile.
>> No. 112203
[ ] “Can you make my batarangs more effective?”
[ ] “Sleep Gas Batarangs?”
[ ] “How about some flashbangs?”
[ ] “Whoa, what is this EXC5 stuff?”
[ ] “Tell me about 'Explosive Gel.'

[ ] “Night Vision is important in my line of work.”
[ ] “Some kind of 'detective' vision for working with chemicals and evidence?”
[ ] “You know... X-Ray vision would be VERY helpful.” (Requires both Night Vision and Detective Vision)

[ ] “How about a frequency scanner, for electronic locks?”
[ ] Bat glider - parachutes are too slow.

I'm gonna sleep on the Batmobile.
>> No. 112205
File 12662106462.jpg - (63.93KB , 500x500 , batman daww.jpg ) [iqdb]
112205
Argh. Goddamnit.

There's a prerequisite system here, but trying to put it in was a fuckup. Hold on..

Batarangs (Long Distance and nonlethal weaponry, with exception)
[ ] “Can you make my batarangs more effective?”
[ ] “Two Batarangs at once, you said?”
*[ ] “Why the hell not, let's see if we can do three.”
[ ] “Sonic Batarangs?”
[ ] “How about Remote Control Batarangs?”
[ ] “Explosive Batarangs?”
[ ] “Sleep Gas Batarangs?”
[ ] “EMP batarangs?”

Bombs (Medium to close range, scattershot, fairly effective equipment)
[ ] “Smoke Bombs? But I already have those... Are these more effective?”
[ ] “What about these gas bombs?”
[ ] “Explosives? I can find a use for those...”
[ ] “How about some flashbangs?”

High Explosives (Stationary, remote detonated, can be extremely lethal, and highly destructive.)
[ ] “Plastique? It could be useful for breaching...”
[ ] “Whoa, what is this EXC5 stuff?”
[ ] “Tell me about 'Explosive Gel.'

Batsuit Modifications: (Pick 2.)

[ ] “I could use better armor. (Type III)”
*[ ] “I mean REALLY good armor. (Type IV)”
**[ ] “I don't suppose you can throw on some Nth Metal?”
*[ ] “Glide Cape? Can you really do that?”
**[ ] ”Wait, what about some kind of jet-glider, for close-range flight?”
[ ] “Tell me about this HUD?”
*[ ] “Night Vision is important in my line of work.”
*[ ] “Some kind of 'detective' vision for working with chemicals and evidence?”
**[ ] “You know... X-Ray vision would be VERY helpful.” (Requires both Night Vision and Detective Vision)

Gadgets (Useful Tools) Pick 2.
[ ] “How about a frequency scanner, for electronic locks?”
[ ] “A claw added to the Grapnel, maybe?”
*[ ] “... Three claws.”
[ ] “Caltrops are always handy.”
[ ] “A parachute would be lovely.”
[ ] “Spare grappling guns?”

“And how do you want the Batmobile to look?”
[ ] Writein.

~

Sorry, guys. My bad.
>> No. 112222
Arkham Asylum style system, eh?

[X] “Can you make my batarangs more effective?”
[X] “Two Batarangs at once, you said?”
[X] “Smoke Bombs? But I already have those... Are these more effective?”
[X] “How about some flashbangs?”
[X] “Tell me about 'Explosive Gel.'"

[X] “Tell me about this HUD?”
*[X] “Some kind of 'detective' vision for working with chemicals and evidence?”

[X] “How about a frequency scanner, for electronic locks?”
[X] “A claw added to the Grapnel, maybe?”

[X] The long, gothic style Batmobile used in the animated series.
>> No. 112226
File 126621723439.jpg - (283.74KB , 732x507 , No angeburgers for you!.jpg ) [iqdb]
112226
Batarang perks (3)
[x]“Can you make my Batarangs more effective?”
With the limited amount we can carry, it's quality over quantity.
[x]“Sonic Batarangs?”
Putting the 'Shock' in 'Shock and Awe'
[x]“Sleep Gas Batarangs?”
Capturing monsters yield more rewards. Sometimes.

Bombs (1)
[x]“How about some flashbangs?”
Breach and clear part 1: Expeditious retreat!

High explosives (1)
[x]“Plastique? It could be useful for breaching...”
Breach and clear, part 2: The distraction tactics of the electric boogaloo.

Batsuit mods (2)
[x]“I could use better armor. (Type III)”
It's a start. Literally.
[x]"Night vision (Thermal)"
a.k.a ThermalImaging Fusion Enhanced Night Vision. To use in combination with smoke grenades. BONUS: Working up our way to X-Ray vision.

Gadgets (2)
[x]“How about a frequency scanner, for electronic locks?”
We need something to enter restricted areas and this' the only silent option since I didn't choose the EMP -Besides cameras, they'd only be useful against robots and the possibility of combat bots' presence from a faction that believes in honor in personal combat (Lord Tenma) or in using manual labor as goons (SMD) aren't very high, specially considering that we don't even know if they exist here-
[x]“A claw added to the Grapnel, maybe?”
Improved holding plus the possibility of using it as a weapon? I'm sold.

PS: Question! Is the option for remote controlled batarangs a way to using as little RC planes or just to control when they explode? Because if it's the former, that option plus mini cameras would be awfully useful...
>> No. 112228
>>112226
This. The logic is sound enough to get my vote for it.
>> No. 112230
>>112226
Adding:
[X] The long, gothic style Batmobile used in the animated series.
>> No. 112231
>>112226
You'd need an HUD, but yes, you could use the remote control batarangs that way.
>> No. 112232
Batarangs (Long Distance and nonlethal weaponry, with exception)
[x] “Can you make my batarangs more effective?”
[x] “EMP batarangs?”

Bombs (Medium to close range, scattershot, fairly effective equipment)
[x] “Smoke Bombs? But I already have those... Are these more effective?”
[x] “What about these gas bombs?”

High Explosives (Stationary, remote detonated, can be extremely lethal, and highly destructive.)
[x] “Plastique? It could be useful for breaching...”

Batsuit Modifications: (Pick 2.)
[x] “I could use better armor. (Type III)”
[x] “Tell me about this HUD?”

Gadgets (Useful Tools) Pick 2.
[x] “How about a frequency scanner, for electronic locks?”
[x] “A claw added to the Grapnel, maybe?”

“And how do you want the Batmobile to look?”
[x] Batman begins style.

Function over style. And I think this set up could cover what would have to deal with tonight.
>> No. 112238
>>112231
Awesome. Something to think about for the next mission.
>> No. 112250
[x]>>112226
>> No. 112277
[X]>>112226
>> No. 112310
[X]>>112226

This will do
>> No. 112931
[x] >>112226
>> No. 112932
[x] >>112226
>> No. 113904
File 126780657044.jpg - (21.93KB , 321x585 , Batglare.jpg ) [iqdb]
113904
[x] >112226

“Hmm...” I think, as I look over the various ideas for equipment, that a good mix of being able to disable my opponents and being able to defend myself. I quickly mark some of them off: the possibility of more powerful batarangs is interesting, partially because it would be more helpful, and partially because they're honestly useful weapons. I'm not too sure what I'd use a sonic batarang for; nobody I face would have dead-man's switches, but perhaps I'd find a use for them. Sleep Gas Batarangs, I can find a use for, if only for silent knockouts.

The flashbangs and Plastique I find will both be useful for breaching rooms, and possibly for distractions. I mark a request for Type III body armor, as well; that should help stop anything that the street would have short of rifle rounds. A check on thermal goggles will definitely help in the future; I should request a proper HUD in the future, though; it could come in really handy, and I'll need one if I want the more high tech gear.

Lastly, I check off a request for some kind of Grapnel Claw, and for a frequency scanner. The latter could prove invaluable in getting past security, and the former for combat and getting objects out of reach. Jokingly, I think to myself that one of those would have been handy when I was seven; father always put the cookies on top of the refrigerator to keep me from getting at them; mother would help me get them later.

Mother and Father...

I hand Nitori the clipboard wordlessly, and she gives me somewhat of a worried look before she inspects the requests. “Alright. Swing by around seven, and I'll have the gear and the 'batmobile' ready for you by then!” The 'batmobile,' eh? Catchy. “Oh, and you can take the grapnel. I only have one, but... you should really practice with it. Trust me.”

“Alright.” Thankfully, the cave has plenty of tall surfaces to practice on. “I'm going, then.” And with an abrupt phrase and turn, I walk out the door, leaving Nitori asking herself or my back if something is wrong. As I leave I realize it's an abrupt thing to do to the girl, but I'm not in a good mood. I guess I'll apologize later.

The memories of my parents come back to me as I drive back to the manor in my car, leaving work early to practice with the new gadget and prepare myself for tonight's raids. The man coming from the shadows, my father trying to protect my mother and I, the gunshots... the fresh smell of cordite and steaming blood replays again and again in my mind, my hands clenching as my drive returns again. The times of frivolous Bruce Wayne are over for the day; time to prepare to be Batman.

~

The Cave. A dark, quiet place under Wayne Manor I found as a child, spacious and gargantuan, massive caverns with various flat scaffolds I've managed to have worked into usable platforms, some of which lead outside, some of which lead to dead ends, and others that lead further into the miles-deep caves and chasms. The cave itself is mostly dark, with the exception of the gear, computer, and car platforms... a dark and cozy sort of place, and despite being cold and dark, incredibly comfortable to me.

“And what exactly is this fascinating gadget you seem to have pilfered from your company, Master Bruce?”

Genji the turtle, my butler, floats down the stairs into the cave, a platter of nachos covered in beans, cheese, and some salsa or another covering his back. I pay it no mind, looking over the new grapnel I seem to have received as I reply to him.

“It's a grapnel. It should help me move across the city.” My distracted murmurs prompt no response to him, and gives me a chance to look over the tool: It's got an adamantine-tipped sort of piercing device, that can open outwards when it hits something. A dial on the side of the thing allows it to be adjusted for weight, I assume for slower or quicker ascendancy speeds . Another toggle flips on three settings: up, left/right (Probably to hang), and down. Another toggle sets the tip to release. Lastly, the trigger seems to have three settings, with a slight icon indicating speed.

As I adjust the dial for my weight and aim upwards at the ledge where I keep the car I stole from Waynetech, it occurs to me that trying this around a cave filled with stalagmites and stalactites is probably a bad idea. The thoughts end as a light pew! erupts from the grapnel, firing the hook up and near the edge of the platform. Adamantine easily penetrates rock, and though I expect to feel the pull, instead, the grapnel immediately retracts.

Genji, noticing my frown, floats over, a sardonic tone in his voice. “Master Bruce, might I suggest firing deeper into the ledge? I believe these advanced toys, far from the older, more medieval tools you tend to use in your nightly outings, have safeguards in to prevent you from killing yourself with them.”

.... hmm. Despite his sardonic tone of voice, Genji has an idea. I aim more deeply towards the platform, and fire. This time the grapnel sticks when it hits, and immediately yanks me forwards, hurling me fifty feet into the air to the edge of the platform, the grapnel stopping only when it hits the rock platform. The impact shocks my hand, and I almost let go.

Grappling against the flat stone of the platform I yank myself up, grunting. I already have an idea of how to use the damned thing; I think if I kick off the side and kill the pull, I can use the momentum to vault myself over the side of the platform. A good start for practice.

A quick jog back down to the main platform and I'm ready to start again, the blood already flowing through my veins again....

~

It's seven when I hear a car drive into the cave, in the middle of a fall off the tallest platform in the cave. Three hours of relentless practice with this thing, and I'm alright with it, I think, though not great. Genji's upstairs, cleaning up, so I go ahead and fire my grapnel as I fall, catching the car's platform and zipping myself over as I fall, being yanked up just as I dip beneath the platform. With a grunt I'm on the platform, and looking up at the new.... 'batmobile...' driving into the cave.

It pulls to a stop before me, a long, dark machine with intimidating fins on the sides, dark black with a strange cylindrical turbine in the front of the hood. The car's cab itself, near the back of the thing, slides forwards, showing room for two if need be, with space in the back. Nitori's sitting in the driver's seat, and she hops out, a smile over her face.

“Hey there, boss!” A chipper grin and a high tone shows her good mood; she probably got it working with her new toys. “Brought you new stuff, come check it out!”

I walk over as she hurriedly unpacks it from the passenger's seat, piece by piece. Armor, a new hood with the circuitry built in, an upgraded, tougher, more spacious and organized belt, new batarangs designed to fit perfectly into the pockets with others...

“These babies are laser honed, they'll never lose their edge. Because of that they need less weight to get their impact in, and so you can fit more, too!” Like a child with new toys she explains them, as I look on silently, placing the new suit on as she talks. “The armor's good ol' plates and kevlar. It's not as well protected on your joints, but it'll slow down low caliber rounds... just be careful, boss...”

One by one she explains the items, even the remote-control 'call' button of the Batmobile that'll let it drive as quickly as it can to me. “It's not armed yet, and there isn't much armor so I can adjust it later, so try not to get into a firefight with Tank Girl or something, alright?”

Nitori hops out, looking on curiously as I strap the suit on, readying myself for the night. “Any questions? Sorry, I've only got some of the new stuff: all this stuff wasn't easy to make on the fly.”

~

Initial Equipment?

Belt comes with 10 pockets.

Select your equipment from the following:

Equipment (locked): Batsuit (III), Utility Belt (II), Grapnel (I),

Utility Belt Pockets left: 10 (9).

Cylinder Cartridges left: 5.

Available Items:

Frequency Scanner: 1 Pocket.

Plastique Charge: 1/2 pocket. (Max 4)

Grapnel: 1 pocket (Taken)

Grapnel Batclaw: 1/2 pocket. (Max 1).

Batarang: 1/4th pocket. (Max 20).

Sonic Batarang: 1/2 pocket. (Max 6).

Sleep Gas Batarang: 1/2 pocket (Max 6).

Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket.

Flashbang: 1/2 pocket. (Max 8)

Miniature First Aid: 1 pocket.

Rations: 1/2 pocket.

Flashlight: 1/2 pocket.

Oil: One Cartridge.

Cash: ---

Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.

Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.

Morphine: 1 cartridge, 1 dose.

Bolas: 1 pocket.

Evidence Bag: One cartridge.

Laser Pointer: one cartridge.

Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge.

Putty: 1 cartridge.

Fake Death Pill: 1 cartridge (One only).

Fake Death Revival Pill (One only): One Cartridge.

Smelling Salts: One Cartridge.

Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.

Batsuit:

Climbing Claws, Bat-Caller, lockpick, Body Armor (Medium Infantry), Cape, Batvision (Thermal) (Any further upgrades to vision will require a HUD).

~

“You should be able to fit a decent amount of stuff in the Batmobile, too. There's a smuggle hold in the back...”

~

Go ahead and stuff the Batmobile with ~20 pockets worth of items as well. Note that the more space you fill the Batmobile with, the less space you'll have to replace things with.

~

With my equipment in mind, that just leaves one last, important thing for tonight...

~

Where do you attack first?

[ ] The Aki Sister's hideout.

[ ] Patchoulli's Warehouse.
>> No. 113906
[X] The Aki Sister's hideout.

Carried equipment:
1 Grapnel: 1 pocket
1 Grapnel Batclaw: 1/2 pocket
1 Frequency Scanner: 1 Pocket
1 Swiss Army Knife: 1/2 pocket
1 Miniature First Aid: 1 pocket
1 Flashlight: 1/2 pocket
2 Plastique Charge: 1/2 pocket each
2 Flashbang: 1/2 pocket each
2 Sleep Gas Batarang: 1/2 pocket each
2 Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket each
6 Batarang: 1/4th pocket each
1 Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge
1 Smelling Salts: One Cartridge
1 Putty: 1 cartridge
1 Evidence Bag: One cartridge
1 dose of Morphine: 1 cartridge

Batmobile:
2 Plastique Charge: 1/2 pocket each
6 Flashbang: 1/2 pocket each
4 Sleep Gas Batarang: 1/2 pocket each
4 Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket each
14 Batarang: 1/4th pocket each
2 Evidence Bag: One cartridge each
2 Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge each

I'm envisioning the Batmobile's storage as a resupply depot.
>> No. 113908
[x] >>113906
>> No. 113911
[x] >>113906

Sure
>> No. 113952
[x] >>113906

Given how intelligent the Aki sisters (probably) are, the fake death pill might have been nice, but oh well.
>> No. 113962
>>113952
They're not particularly stupid you know, just unlucky if anything.
>> No. 113965
[x] >>113906
>> No. 113975
Anon: I still maintain the idea of using the honor-bound Tengu Lord's forces against the Scarlet mafia. Is anyone with me?
>> No. 113985
>>113962
Wasn't implying they were idiots, but I doubt they'd have the know how in order to react appropriately if we managed to sneak that pill into one of them. Depends how fast it takes effect though.
>> No. 114013
File 126791150346.jpg - (68.57KB , 400x444 , Cirno target lost.jpg ) [iqdb]
114013
[x] >>113906

It doesn't take long to deposit the gear I want. Batarangs, sleep gas batarangs, smoke bombs, the frequency scanner, and more goes into my pockets, and I load the 'batmobile' with spare gear as well. I don't take the sonic batarangs; what the hell would I do with them?

A chipper voice interrupts my thoughts. “So, Boss, I'll just take the old car back to Waynetech, alright? When you're done tonight, park the Batmobile in the underground garage there, so I can fix it later.” I give the girl a brief nod, my mind on the mission now. The Aki sisters is who I'm hitting first tonight, and I can't afford to be distracted by Nitori's perfume or chipper personality.

“I'm going.” With a grunt, I jump into the Batmobile, the cockpit closing as the machine automatically buckles me in, a pair of straps tightening around my shoulders and waist. The interior of the Batmobile glows, various panels and instruments glowing with blue LED lights. It seems simple enough to operate, with the levers being conveniently labeled. Ejection system, nitro canisters, automated driving, an “Out of order” weapons system (As so conveniently noted by a little sign written in green ink), and a GPS system.

Nitori waves goodbye to me as I hit the gas, driving out of one dark, gloomy hole and into another; from the cave, to Gotham.

~

The car itself is extremely quiet as it tears through the streets of Gotham, nearly invisible, at a hundred miles an hour. The computer on board makes it surprisingly easy to weave between cars on the road, noting them in advance and making aids to assist in movement. There's an option to disable it, which might come in handy, I think, if I ever need to ram something, but for now I leave it on.

The Aki sisters live not far from Bruce Wayne; a few miles at most. Their mansion grounds, however, are smaller. Driving around it gets me a general idea of the place: a large hedge covering a brick wall maybe fifteen feet high surrounds the property, a single front and back gate allowing entrance. The building itself, from what I can see, is three stories tall, and has an east and west wing. A beautiful fountain lies in the middle of the courtyard, with various hedge animals 'frolicking' randomly in the courtyard.

For some reason, there seem to be a lot of cars parked around here. Maybe a dozen, mostly sports cars. One in particular, with a license plate labeled “LON WOLF,” is striking; white, the Ferrari sticks out as the most expensive car of the slew of working-class sports cars. I think it might be a mob meeting of some kind; a reason to be extra cautious... but also a chance to get more information.

The Batmobile soundlessly idles, the engine making no noise and the lights off. From what I can see, there are also some men in suits patrolling the mansion grounds; maybe a half dozen or so wandering the grounds themselves. There are some low hedges, that might cover me if I'm kneeling... maybe. Two at the back gate, three in the front, as far as getting in goes. I can't see if any of them have guns, but they might have handguns in their holsters or under their jackets.

Time to make a plan, Bruce. What do I do here?

[ ] Batmobile through the front gate. Smash in and out, straight through the front door, too.
[ ] A distraction of some kind? It'll make sneaking in easier.
[ ] Stealth, all the way. Go over the side wall, try to get in through a window.
[ ] Go over the wall, and take them out; it's the safest way, though someone might notice.
[ ] Wait, I've got a better plan... (Write-in).

~

The picture is relevant. Really.
>> No. 114014
>>113975
No, it would cause a giant gang war that leaves many deaths, both gangster and civilian. Batman doesn't allow anyone to die if he can help it. If you're still serious about this, go read some real Batman comics, not the ones where Jean-Paul Valley masquerades as him. You'll learn why your suggestion is totally out of character.
>> No. 114015
[x] Stealth, all the way. Go over the side wall, try to get in through a window.
>> No. 114016
Damn, an update while I was writing my rant.

[X] Stealth, all the way. Go over the side wall, try to get in through a window.

Criminals are always more terrified when Batman shows up inside the guarded house without triggering an alarm.
>> No. 114019
[x] Stealth, all the way. Go over the side wall, try to get in through a window.
>> No. 114022
[x] Stealth, all the way. Go over the side wall, try to get in through a window.
>> No. 114029
>>114014
Thanks from all the REAL fans of Batman.
>> No. 114032
[X] Stealth, all the way. Go over the side wall, try to get in through a window.

I wonder how sophisticated or good the security within the mansion is...
>> No. 114033
>>114029
Is this sarcasm or not? I'm on the Internet, I can never tell.
>> No. 114044
>>114033
Sincere thanks for showing everyone why Batman doesn't side with one side in a gang war.
>> No. 114811
File 12686332234.jpg - (54.17KB , 600x601 , the goddamn batman.jpg ) [iqdb]
114811
[x] Stealth, all the way. Go over the side wall, try to get in through a window.

Right. Infiltration should be a piece of cake, especially with the new equipment. I tuck away the Batmobile a distance from the side of the mansion before I get out, far from the street lights nearby. Treading there over fallen snow is simple enough, the light crunching hardly enough to provoke the attentions of bored mooks on the other side of the tall wall that surrounds the mansion's grounds.

I pause when I get around twenty or so feet from the wall, pulling my new grapnel out; no time like the present to give it a field test. Withdrawing it from my belt seems almost natural, as if I had been doing this my whole life. A quick shot lands perfectly in the brick wall, and with a quick tug I'm on top of it, near the west side of the house.

A quick glance left and right, towards what I can see of the front and back yards shows that the two or so goons that I can see haven't spotted me; they aren't even facing me. Looking back at the house shows three windows; two on the first floor, one near the roof, presumably an attic. The first floor windows I can see are lit; it's not a good idea to enter them, I figure. The one above me it is, then.

Before I launch myself up there, though, something near it catches my eye; a single, thick, black cable protruding from the wall just above it. Hmm... An idea occurs to me, just in case things get hairy.

A quick grapnel jump later and I'm hanging on the wall near the closed window. A quick push shoves it open; thankfully it isn't not locked. Before I climb in, though, I draw one of the pieces of plastique from my belt, placing it near the wire. Just in case...

With that, I pull myself in, observing the room I've just entered. It's dark, obviously, and a tight fit, the ceiling low and forcing me to crouch. Boxes line the walls, cardboard and otherwise. Wait... I could grab a box to hide in, but... no, that's dumb. Too dumb. In the dim light I observe a hatch that leads downstairs, and a grate just past it, probably for heating. The hatch folds upwards, which would make it easy to check what's down there.

A short shuffle's all I need to get to the hatch, and I lean down, listening for trouble. I don't have to listen long before I hear the sounds of men walking. The slight steps, slightly muffled, against wood...

.... they might be socks... or tabi. Who would wear tabi into a house?

It must be someone higher up in the organization, someone who's particularly high up. The average street punk doesn't wear that sort of thing, and the mooks outside are wearing western clothes. That would explain the many cars outside, too. Hrm.

Time for me to weigh my options. On one hand, it might be time to scrap the mission and go to the next place. There's lots of guards here, and the mansion isn't a place I've mapped out yet. It might be harder to infiltrate than I've anticipated with such cramped quarters too. However... That meeting might be just as important to listen in on.

In any case, I need to plan what I do next. Do I exfiltrate, and move on, or do I sneak in to try to get information on Tenma's location, eavesdrop, or both?

And should I try the vents, or head into the hall? A quick listen tells me that the hall's clear now, at least of people walking, but it doesn't tell me much else. There might be thugs just out of earshot. On the other hand, the vent would be completely blind: I don't know where it'd lead me.

Hrm...

[ ] Leave. Go deal with Patchoulli's warehouse, this place is too hot.

[ ] No. Stay, and let's look for some information; the guards will be by the VIPs, not guarding documents or anything I can search.

[ ] No. Stay, let's see if I can eavesdrop on this meeting. It might be enlightening.

If Staying:

[ ] Down into the hall, It's faster and easier to infiltrate.

[ ] Into the vent. Much easier to evade guards through the vents.
>> No. 114812
[x] No. Stay, and let's look for some information; the guards will be by the VIPs, not guarding documents or anything I can search.
-[x] Into the vent. Much easier to evade guards through the vents.

Getting info in why they arranged this meeting is tempting, but looking around for documents may give him the edge to put all their operations in check.
Besides, with all that info, he'll probably deduce the reason for this meeting anyway.
>> No. 114820
[x] No. Stay, and let's look for some information; the guards will be by the VIPs, not guarding documents or anything I can search.
-[x] Into the vent. Much easier to evade guards through the vents.
>> No. 114827
[x] No. Stay, and let's look for some information; the guards will be by the VIPs, not guarding documents or anything I can search.
-[x] Into the vent. Much easier to evade guards through the vents.

Works for me~!
>> No. 114838
[X] No. Stay, let's see if I can eavesdrop on this meeting. It might be enlightening.
[X] Down into the hall, It's faster and easier to infiltrate.

The written documents aren't going anywhere, and this meeting may provide clues the documents don't. Vent crawling will take too long, better risk the hall and silently knock out any thugs Batman encounters.
>> No. 114928
File 126872274039.jpg - (186.01KB , 850x1442 , Kimono Momiji.jpg ) [iqdb]
114928
[x] No. Stay, and let's look for some information; the guards will be by the VIPs, not guarding documents or anything I can search.
-[x] Into the vent. Much easier to evade guards through the vents.

Right. Documents. The documents are why I'm here, and this is a safer mission. With that in mind, I crawl to the vent. It's actually big enough for me to crouch-walk through, but I figure I'd better not; the house doesn't seem to have thick enough walls to walk through vents on and not make noise, and even with my ninja training it might not be worth the risk.

The vent's screwed in. Doesn't take long to unscrew it with my swiss army knife, getting the thing open in about a minute. Not bad for this, when speed isn't so important; I'd have to pick it up in case speed becomes important when I'm trying to open a vent on my belly. I think I'll practice it in the cave sometime.

Thankfully, the vent doesn't make a noise when I open the grate, removing the thing and placing it by the side of the vent, behind a convenient box. Hopefully nobody will check up here anyways, but just in case... With that, I begin to crawl into the vent.

The vent itself feels claustrophobic, tight, making it a cramped fit psychologically and physically. A machine gun burst would be the death of me if I make noise. Slow, steady shifts are key; a slight shift from right to left, edging myself deeper and deeper into the vents, listening for the voices of anyone who might tip me off to where the documents are.

There are branches leading off to various rooms, with visible grates leaking light up into the otherwise black heating vents, I soon discover. It isn't much trouble to shift and crawl through to check these out, I think, so I do so, developing a procedure as I crawl to the first room. Pull out the flashlight if the lights are off and the door is closed, and check down briefly to see if there's anything document-like like file cabinets down there. If not, crawl back. If there are... work out how to get down from there.

Room after room proves itself to be a herring. Bathrooms, bedrooms, lounges, no file or archive rooms, no document rooms. Many of them are ostentatious, or glamorous, or even plain rich; but none of them are plain. The Aki sisters must have been dipping their hands in wealth for a long time.

As I approach one room, my crawl becoming a habit, I begin to hear voices, muffled and faint.

“... fr.... sh.... ki.... wo....” Interest piqued, I crawl closer, very carefully making my way over the vent, to be able to look down directly into the room, and be able to hear better as well.

Wait, wha- Below me, maybe two dozen or so men and women sit around a clear Tatami mat, all in kimonos and formal wear. Some are armed, others aren't. A quick scan, and I think most of them are just mooks, or aren't on the GCPD's watch list yet... but I do see three people who look familiar.

The first two are the Aki sisters. Both are dressed differently; gowns of orange and red instead of kimonos, both sitting by the side of....

... Momiji Inubashiri, Youki's bodyguard.

[ ] Listen in, since I'm already here...

[ ] No, forget it. Move on. The documents are more important.
>> No. 114929
[x] Listen in, since I'm already here...
>> No. 114930
[x] Listen in, since I'm already here...

Might as well.
>> No. 114931
[X] Listen in, since I'm already here...

Wait, Youki's working for Tenma? Aw crap.
>> No. 114932
>>114931
FUUUUUUUUUUUU

*Tenma

Ignore my typos. Besides, Youki don' need no fuckin' bodyguard.
>> No. 114933
[x] Listen in, since I'm already here...
>> No. 114934
[x] Listen in, since I'm already here...
Tenma's personal bodyguard eh? Sounds interesting.
>> No. 114935
File 126872751723.jpg - (86.20KB , 800x600 , Angry Aki.jpg ) [iqdb]
114935
[x] Listen in, since I'm already here...

No... since I'm here, I might as well listen in. Maybe I'll glean something important, or be able to track Inubashiri. Hell, that was half the reason I came here. Inubashiri is Tenma's bodyguard, after all. She might have something important. With that in mind I hunker down to listen in, careful that my head isn't exposed, and that my breathing is quiet.

“... we've lost six blocks of turf by the docks on the east side, but we got two near Wayne tower.” One of the other bosses is talking to Inubashiri, now. “We've also been having problems with the protection; the stiffs down at the docks are sayin' that we ain' protectin' them no more, so they don' have to pay.” The man seems nervous as he speaks, head lowered to Inubashiri. Maybe she's more than just a bodyguard. The woman doesn't respond, but one of the sisters (Shizuha?) does.

“Then you know what to do, right?” The guy nods quickly. “Good. Akai?” The sisters and Inubashiri turn to the man next to the first mook, as if going down a line. It occurs to me; this is an update. Akai is an older, Japanese man with a bare head.

“We're even on territory, ma'am. We lost a couple o' guys to the bat, though, and the vamp. We're runnin' low on men, it's harder and harder to keep the turf every day. The cops're gonna end up comin' if we gotta be more violent, ya know?”

“And the money?” Minoriko, I think, speaks up, leaning back. Akai nods.

“Yes, ma'am, we have the money. Chumps are still paying, and we're still getting fenced goods.” Minoriko nods, satisfied.

“Good. Now, on to business.” The various mobsters bow politely, then watch attentively. If anything, this group has diversity and discipline, I think. However, they're still criminals, no matter how 'disciplined' they are. Protection rackets, violence in the streets, thievery... “We've lost thirty people this month to the Bat, including one of the men here. I don't see Sanae here, she must have been captured by the Bat too.”

Shizuha speaks up, taking over. “Because of that, Lord Tenma has seen it fit to hire... outside for the task of eliminating the 'Batman' before he takes in more of us. Be grateful.” The room immediately begins to erupt in a mix of surprise and acceptance. One of the lower bosses speaks up.

“M-ma'am, yous sure it's okay fer us to defer to some outsida?” Wow, that's a bad accent. His question is immediately retorted with, “Shut up!”

Minoriko sits up, back straight, almost moving to stand. “Lord Tenma himself gave the order! You're gonna question him, huh?!” The man shakes his head, bowing again.

“I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that wasn' what I meant, Ma'am! Just sayin', ya know?” Minoriko sneers, a dark look overtaking her face.

“Well, shut it. Now, as I was sayin', this one's a little nutty too. Calls herself Deadshot.” Minoriko shakes her head. “I swear, one guy starts wearin' a mask, buncha other freaks start wearin' them too. Just like those serials.”

“Hey, hey.” Shizuha pipes up. “Whatever gets the job done, right? Guys, you gotta help this chick out if ya see her. We've sent ya pictures.” The eight or so guys in the room who seem to be the lower ranking 'bosses' nod. The bodyguard mooks just sit there, quietly, like good mooks.

I wonder, how many of the people in this room have killed someone? At least half, maybe three-fourth's. So much blood.

“Now, we're gonna help out this Deadshot chick by drawin' out the Bat. That means we're gonna pick up the pace. I want ya'll to start steppin' up your schedules. If ya see the Bat, you're gonna call it in, and hold him 'til the Merc gets there. Got it?” Nods, nods. “Good.” Now that I think about it, that Inubashiri woman hasn't spoken all evenini-

As Minoriko begins to say, “Now, the Vamp, we go-”, a terrible wrenching noise rips through the vents. Shit.

Before I can react, the vent under me gives out, dropping me into the middle of the room with an entirely un-dramatic thud. Dust goes up in a plume as the drywall from above me falls with me, and for a second the gangsters around me are surprised, shocked, even the Aki sisters, who I fell in front of. Only Inubashiri watches me quietly, with no surprise.

“Wha- holy shit, it's the Batman! Get him!” Shizuha speaks up, backing off, and I can hear men walking towards me around me, some hesitating, others more sure about their capabilities of attacking me.

Not a single knife drawing swip or Gun readying cock. Which means they're unarmed. Small blessings. Stupid, Bruce. This was stupid, what're you going to do now...


[ ] Oh, shit.
>> No. 114938
Geh. We have the ability to knock the power out to cause a distraction, but sadly we also have Momiji "I can see forever!" Inubashiri to deal with so that might not work on her. Did we manage to actually get night vision? There's mention of a new mask with circuitry in it, but no proper mention of it.
>> No. 114941
>>114938
You all voted Thermal vision.
>> No. 114942
>>114941
Either way, we can still see where they are and only one of them potentially can. Fighting in an enclosed environment like this however is a death wish given who is in it.
>> No. 114944
[x] Oh, shit.
-[x] Try to turn the numbers advantage against them; using some as human shields then tossing them into others, thinning out the numbers until Momiji and the sisters are left.

Here's my shot at it.
>> No. 114947
And this was why I voted to use the hall.

[X] Oh, shit.
-[X] Drop a smoke bomb, then move and use Thermal Vision to hit Momiji with a knockout dart. Don't stay in one spot for too long, keep an eye on the door and throw anyone trying to get out into the other mooks.

I'm assuming Momiji's the only person in the room with enhanced senses. Mobility is important, since once the room is filled with smoke, the mooks will head towards where they hear fighting.
>> No. 114948
>>114947
That's... a pretty good plan actually.
[x]>>114947
>> No. 114950
[x] Oh, shit.
-[x] Drop a smoke bomb, then move and use Thermal Vision to hit Momiji with a knockout dart. Don't stay in one spot for too long, keep an eye on the door and throw anyone trying to get out into the other mooks.

I'll be surprised if Momiji goes down this easily, but it's worth a shot at least.
>> No. 115466
[X] >>114947
>> No. 115484
[X] Oh, shit.
-[X] Drop a smoke bomb, then move and use Thermal Vision to hit Momiji with a knockout dart. Don't stay in one spot for too long, keep an eye on the door and throw anyone trying to get out into the other mooks.