[Return]
Archived Thread

File 126516356930.jpg - (228.58KB , 492x696 , fdacb16c4b4b16c107e02f11009d6245.jpg ) [iqdb]
111286 No. 111286
[x] Mistress...
[x] Ask why it's interested in outsiders such as yourself.
[x] Ask about its creation.
[x] "Just how much do you know about Gensokyo?"
[x] As far as its/her name goes; Ask what it wants to be called and if it doesn't have an answer, name the voice "Valeria".

Well, at least you now knew where that voice had been coming from, so you weren't completely insane. Still, you have to think it isn't normal, even in Gensokyo, to be having a grimoire speaking to you, maybe you should try asking Alice or Patchouli about that one.

“Well, since I can't ask you the obvious question... how about...” you pause, frowning as you rub your chin, “well, why are you so interested in me? Or, well I guess rather, why are you interested in outsiders? Akyu told me all about the previous owners, and none are native to Gensokyo.”

Ask no easy questions do we... ah, hm... I am still unsure how to address you.

Being called master would feel a bit odd, even if mistress was a title with a few other implications (then again, so was master, wasn't it?), “I guess you'll insist on something, so I guess mistress will work.”

“Mistress Reina, has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say~?” commented the youkai with a grin.

It sounds fitting. Master did not have quite the same feel to it I believe. Very well mistress, as to your question... I, as do most youkai of their older ages, find outsiders fascinating. You are all so much different then the original humans to come to Gensokyo, you are such skeptical and scientific creatures, unable to imagine a land such as Gensokyo... usually.

I find myself drawn more to specific outsiders, those who have the capacity to believe in this land and tend to have latent talents that go to waste in the outside world. Outsiders whom are unable to grasp Gensokyo are bothersome, they tend to go insane and end up youkai food. They make poor owners, and they do not make interesting stories.

“So, you're a youkai or something? You seem to be including yourself into the category.”

A chuckle echoed throughout the dreamscape, “Of course I am. As Yukari explained, objects that exist for around a hundred years have a tendency to come to life – as a youkai. I am likely not what you imagine when you think of a youkai of course, I'm significantly less threatening then one that has a physical form. Not that I ever have any intention to harm you mistress.

It's nice to know you didn't have to worry about some insane youkai killing you in your sleep. You hope anyway, maybe you shouldn't think about it, since this grimoire youkai, or whatever you'd call it, seems to be able to read your thoughts quite well.

Oh no, I can't read your thoughts. Not in the manner of which you may think anyway. As I'm sure you've doubtless noticed, Yukari seems quite capable of figuring out what you do in your day to day life simply by reading the grimoire, me. That is because that is what my power is, I record the lives of my owners. You are much like the protagonist of a story, and I am the author penning it. Yukari likely understand you better, then you understand yourself actually... you are rather conflicted and confused, mistress.

Great, so Yukari knew of every little thought in your head... and, judging from what the grimoire said, seems to know more of 'you' then you know yourself. Probably not the most comforting thought, Yukari didn't seem to be the type you would trust with secrets that could be potentially embarrassing.

“I suppose that makes sense... I guess I can't really ask you to try to hide my more, ah, embarrassing thoughts... or at least don't let Yukari read them...”

The youkai laughed, batting her eyelashes, “It's too late for that my dear. I won't go and spoil the story by telling you what your thoughts mean.” she teased, laughing again.

Great, just great. Nothing you could do about that now you guess, you couldn't very well hide your own thoughts from yourself.

Sighing, you shake your head, “That aside... how about a more 'personal' question, how were you made?”

A breeze sweeps the dreamscape, probably the equivalent of a sigh, “Mistress asks a difficult question for me to explain. I cannot remember my earliest histories... in fact, I cannot access memories prior to my current owner. Hence I could not answer your question about prior masters. I am aware I have had prior owners, but I cannot recall specific details. I am unsure why this is, I apologize mistress.

“Ok, how about an easier question then, what do you know of Gensokyo?”

Ah an easy one mistress. I'm knowledgable of much of Gensokyo, including the lands attached to it. Explaining it all could take several hours – even if time holds no meaning here, it is still taxing on your mind. And as I understand it, you have the day with Reimu and I would not wish to fatigue your mind. I shall offer you commentary, or suggestions upon a region if you wish it... merely ask.”, there is a pause as you frown, wondering how you 'ask' a voice in your head, “Rather simple mistress, simply think it. It may sound a bit odd, but I assure you I can tell if it is simply a thought, or words directed to me.

“It's like having your own tour guide! I bet she could tell you all the best places to be romantic with Reimu tomorrow~.” laughed Yukari, her tone sounding rather... suggestive,

Blushing, you look away from the youkai, “W-whatever, like I was thinking about anything like that! Reimu is a girl too you know! That's just... w-weird!”

The youkai laughed again, “Whatever you say my dear, whatever you say~. It's not so unusual in Gensokyo... just about finished are we Reina?”

“J-just one last thing. You wanted a name right? How about... Valeria?”

There is a moment of silence, “Valeria, feminine form of the roman family name, Valerius. Name of early saints, derived from the latin word 'valere', 'to be strong'. An unusual name, but it will do mistress. I suppose it is better then being called 'that voice'. Have a pleasant day mistress.

~

With a blink, you look up and see the ceiling of your room, instead of the sunny sky of the dreamscape. Seemed they had 'released' you or something, must've meant question time was over or something, oh well, you did have to -

Sniffing, you catch the scent of tea in the air, a rather familiar sort... in fact, it smells kind of like the sort Reimu brews. But why are you...? Frowning, you get out of bed, and draw back the curtains slightly, wincing as the sun shines into your eyes. Did you oversleep or something? Were you only smelling the aroma of Reimu's tea that she made before leaving!? Rushing, you quickly throw off your nightclothes and get dressed, stumbling down the stairs as you try to button your jeans.

With a shriek, you trip and tumble down the last of the stairs, landing in a heap at the bottom. Groaning, you open an eye to see a concerned looking miko standing over you.

“You alright there Reina? I don't see you as the clumsy sort to fall down the stairs...”

“I-I'm fine, just my pride is bruised a bit...” pushing yourself up off the ground, you dust yourself off and are relived to see you look presentable and decent – would've been embarrassing if you had somehow done this with your shirt undone, or your fly down or something, “I'm so sorry Reimu, I must've been keeping you waiting and - “

The red-white raised her hand to indicate silence, “Ah, don't worry about it. I haven't been here too long, and it isn't that late. The sun just came up, oh, I think a few hours ago, no big deal. I just helped myself to some tea, I hope you don't mind.”

“Not at all! So ah, did you eat or anything, did you want breakfast or something...?” you say hurriedly, moving to the kitchen.

“I wouldn't mind a light meal really, you know what I like Reina. We'll eat, then well, we'll go from there alright?” answered the miko with a smile.

~

Following a quick breakfast, you and Reimu headed outside to give you time to tend to your garden, and check in on Genjii before the miko offered to walk you to the village. During the walk, you couldn't help but notice Reimu's appearance looked... unusually neat. While she seemed to always wear that same red-white outfit, this one seemed particularly well-cared for and clean. Even her hair seemed to have a lot of effort put into making it look good... you couldn't help but wonder why she had gone through so much trouble...

“So, uhm Reina... I've got some ideas in mind, but well... having some difficulty deciding. I know you were curious about meeting more people, so I thought we could go to the Youkai Mountain if you wanted. That's about the last place you haven't seen that won't take some difficulty in showing you.” the miko rubbed the back of her head, “Or, well, if you prefer I kind of wanted to show you a place... but ah, we can save it for after the visit to the mountain if you want! Or ah, if you have something in mind...”

- - -

Spendin' time with Reimu:
[ ] Go and visit the Youkai Mountain?
[ ] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.
[ ] Maybe you did have something in mind... (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> Late morning of November 1st

>> No. 111287
[x] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.
Fair's fair. Also, nice update. I love walls.
>> No. 111301
[x] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.
>> No. 111306
[ø] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.
Reimu Time.
>> No. 111311
[X] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.

Stop. Reimu time.
>> No. 111312
[x] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.

Reimu Reimu
>> No. 111314
[x] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.
>> No. 111315
[ ] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.

Woohoo Reimu time!
>> No. 111316
[x] >>111314
>> No. 111342
[X] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.
>> No. 111343
[ ] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.

Don't hesitate

cause it's Reimu time.
>> No. 111351
File 12652510536.jpg - (350.68KB , 600x848 , 527a58ee44a99836d755d6d4778ef65f.jpg ) [iqdb]
111351
[x] This is Reimu time right? See what she wanted to show you.

Grinning you take hold of Reimu's hand, “Hey, this is your day right? I said I'd spend time with you, so don't go trying to indulge my needs! This is my day to have me indulge your needs... well, with you leading the way I suppose.” you say with a laugh.

The miko glances away quickly, hiding her face from you as she coughs into her hand, “R-right. Well then, shall we walk then? It's not too far.”

“A walk sounds lovely. Have to stretch the legs out sometime right? If you flew everywhere, you might get out of shape.” you tease with a smile.

Reimu chuckles, shaking her head, “Aw come on now, me? Now maybe you on the other hand... maybe I'll have to rough you up in some lessons to remind you to stay in top shape there Reina!” she counters with a grin.

“I am getting behind on my lessons, aren't I? I have such a strict teacher.” you say jokingly with a sigh.

“I'll just keep it in the back of my mind, we'll see how the day pans out. Oh hey, you wouldn't mind grabbing some snacks or boxed lunches would you? We have to pass through the village anyway...” the miko rubs her chin thoughtfully, “if I could borrow some money, I could pick up a few things that we just miiiight need.”

You chuckle and start to dig into your pocket, “Well, I do owe you a donation or two don't I? I'll just include a little extra for today.” you say with a wink.

“I think you might be the best worshipper any shrine maiden could hope for.” laughs the red-white.

~

After a quick stop in the village, where Reimu purchased a variety of things, but she didn't show you any of them, taunting you by saying “it was a secret”. Still, you made good on your promise to supply the food and refreshments at least, followed by the red-white guiding you up the path to the Hakurei Shrine.

But instead of leading you up the familiar path to the shrine itself, she motioned for you to follow her into the dense growth in the area. You still vividly remember your experience of being nearly eaten by wolf youkai during your first trip, but with Reimu at your side – and it being broad daylight – you were certain nothing bad could possibly happen.

Pushing her way through the thick growth, you began to notice that wherever Reimu was leading you, you could barely make out what seemed to have once been a trail. Further in, you think you could even see the foundations of some sort of building, now consumed by the various plants. The red-white rubs her chin, looking intently at the rock siding of the hill (or was it a mountain? You weren't sure what made something a hill and something a mountain really...), occasionally running her hands along it.

She suddenly halts midstep, as if her finger had caught on something, “Aha! There it is... it's been a while since I've been here.” running her finger up and down along something on the wall, you are surprised to see something similar to one of Yukari's gaps appear – although it seems to have considerably fewer eyes within.

“W-what is that?” you ask, looking at the gap curiously.

“Oh it's just a little Hakurei trick. I can't make borders or anything like Yukari, but I can open them... well, some of them. I'm not sure if you noticed,” the miko gestured to the foliage-covered foundation, “but there used to be a little bit of a, well, I guess you could call it an auxiliary shrine here. It was abandoned a long time ago, but it did have access to a nice little place in here. Of course, in those days you didn't need a border to reach it but, well... that was the past. Come on, come on, it won't hurt a bit!”

The red-white stepped part way through, waving you on in before disappearing within. Pushing aside your discomfort of the situation, you step through and emerge... well, you're not sure where really. You had expected a cave of some sort, considering how the gap was in the mountain/hillside, but...

Instead you found yourself in what was like an open-air pit or some such, the walls were clearly made of stone but had been polished down. There was a large circular opening in the 'ceiling' that showed the sky, and within the 'pit' itself was a small-looking shrine, a passage deeper in, and a small grassy field in this section.

It was not what you had expected to find at all.

“Surprised aren't we? This is a little secret spot of my family's. It used to be more frequented in the earlier generations I've read, but when it got closed off, it became a place the Hakurei only came to in rare occasions.” Reimu tapped her lips for a moment, “I think the last time it was used would've been a few generations back, still this place is never in disrepair. I think Ran or someone might come by and keep it neat and tidy, who am I to complain?”

“How can a place like this exist? Surely there's no hole in this place where this could actually be...” you say in awe, staring up at the sky.

The miko shrugged, “I'm not sure myself. I have to think some sort of border set up on the ceiling that views into the sky or something. I just know it looks nice, and it works, that's all that matters right?”

“Hahaha, I guess that's true.” you point to the tunnel in the back, “Where does that lead?”

“Oh, just another one of the infamous Hakurei hot springs actually. Before the geyser blew up a while back, I had to come here to get a good bath really. Quite the hassle, even if it was worth it... I would like to think in the old days, you could've lived down here. The shrine over there,” she jabs her thumb in the direction of the small shrine, “has a small bedroom in it, and even a little kitchen. Not that I plan to keep you out here that long of course, but food for thought.”

Walking into the grassy field, you kneel down to inspect the flowers growing here, they aren't any sort you've seen before but you do notice with interest that have red and white petals – seems those colors are practically symbolic for the Hakurei.

“How many people have you brought here before Reimu?”

The red-white rubbed the back of her head, “Actually, you're the first person I've brought here myself... I know Yukari has been here once or twice, I've seen her myself. Other times, she leaves behind evidence of her being here, such as trash. I... I never really thought I'd have someone I like enough to show back here... it's a special place to my family now.”

- - -

So this is Reimu's special place, huh?
[ ] A nice dip in the hot springs sounds nice...
[ ] Well, why not see about getting a spar in or something? Need to impress your teacher, right?
[ ] Ask Reimu anything? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
>Early afternoon of Nov 1st
>> No. 111355
[X] A nice dip in the hot springs sounds nice...
- [X] ask Reimu what she means by 'someone she likes enough'
>> No. 111370
[x] A nice dip in the hot springs sounds nice...
- [x] ask Reimu what she means by 'someone she likes enough'

In before blushing and stammering.
>> No. 111373
[X] A nice dip in the hot springs sounds nice...
- [X] ask Reimu what she means by 'someone she likes enough'
Is she as oblivious as she looks? Let's find out.
>> No. 111390
[x] A nice dip in the hot springs sounds nice...
- [x] ask Reimu what she means by 'someone she likes enough'
Though part of me wants to have a bit of a spar before the springs but eh. Oh, and when did we last take care of our garden?
>> No. 111393
>>111390
right before we left with reimu today
>> No. 111394
[x] Well, why not see about getting a spar in or something? Need to impress your teacher, right?
>> No. 111430
[X] A nice dip in the hot springs sounds nice...
- [X] ask Reimu what she means by 'someone she likes enough'
>> No. 111433
File 126533806933.jpg - (118.12KB , 564x786 , 1147a217d1026dfa21ee746049b6c1ea.jpg ) [iqdb]
111433
[X] A nice dip in the hot springs sounds nice...
- [X] ask Reimu what she means by 'someone she likes enough'

“Maybe it's a bit sudden, but I think a dip in the hot springs would sound pretty good right now... walking all the way here was a bit tiring.”

The miko laughed, shaking her head, “Maybe you are getting a little soft there Reina if that little hike wore you out! Still,” the red-white stretched, “a nice dip in the springs always is pretty relaxing. I even brought some towels! And I even bought some yukatas, I ah, hope you didn't mind, I had to kind of guess at the size...”

“Sounds like you planned for this happening Reimu,” you say teasingly, “still, I appreciate the thought since I didn't really bring a change of clothes... not that I really got that dirty though.”

“Well hot springs aren't really ideal for 'normal' bathing, they're best for just relaxing and stuff. If you get into a hot spring all filthy, you'll get the water dirty since it's not like a bathtub or something,” the miko paused and rubbed her chin, “though you did do that a few times back at the shrine but... well, don't worry about it. You were never that dirty anyway, just kinda sweaty.”

You rub the back of your head and chuckle nervously, “This whole hot spring thing is new to me you understand, they're only something for the more rich people back in the outside...”

“Hey, I said don't worry about it. Now let's go get that dip, eh?”

Reimu started towards the tunnel, and you followed behind her. The tunnel was rather short and straightforward, lit by the occasional set of lanterns, until it emerged into another 'pit'-like cave. In the middle was a hot spring, ringed by stones. Unlike the one in the shrine, this one lacked the privacy walls, or the building you usually changed or stored your clothes in.

It made sense really, if this was a little Hakurei hideaway, you didn't need anything like that. The miko procured a pair of baskets, which you had to guess was where you would put your clothes. The red-white began to fiddle with her clothing, as you whirled around and looked away, your face blushed. With your back to Reimu, you started to nervously undress, hastily folding and stuffing the discarded clothing into the basket.

When you finally undressed, you nervously peeked over your shoulder to find the miko already in the spring – facing away from you, whenever by accident or out of respect of your modesty, you weren't sure. Taking the opportunity, you quickly slipped into the waters.

“So, did you enjoy the halloween party with Yuuka?” asked the miko, moving over to a rock and leaning up against it, the majority of her body hidden beneath the water.

“It was a lot of fun actually! I met a lot of people... Yuyuko was pretty nice, though I don't think Youmu really likes me.”

The red-white laughed, “Ah, don't worry about it. That's just the kind of person Youmu is, she's pretty nice really, she's just kind of cold to new people. Still, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better swordswoman in Gensokyo. I'm not sure if that celestial is any better, but well, Youmu is a much easier person to get along with.”

“Do you know swordplay Reimu?” you ask curiously, leaning up against the rocks ringing the spring.

“Ah, not really that much no. I learned a little bit when I was younger, but it was mostly ceremonial. There were a few rituals that involved the sword, but it's more like a dance then any sort of swordplay. I couldn't hold a candle to Youmu's skill in the blade. I haven't really used that skill in, oh... well, years really. It's not a very common thing, especially with a lack of visitors and all...” she sighs and shakes her head.

“I never would've thought you knew how to dance Reimu.” you state with a grin.

Reimu shrugs, “It's not really dancing as you might imagine it... it's all ritualy and stuff. I guess it's supposed to look pretty or something, but I only ever really practiced around mom, so... maybe not the best opinion.”

Relaxing a bit more in the spring, you sink a bit more beneath the water, “Hey, uhm... earlier, you said you never really had someone you liked enough to bring here... what did you mean by that...?”

The miko blinked in surprise, “Uhm, did I say that? I er, that is... well, you know it's like uhm, as a friend! Marisa isn't the kind you show to a place like this, with her mouth she'd blab all about it and find some way to brute force her way in, or something... s-so, I just meant you're a friend I like enough to show here!” she sank a little bit deeper into the water, you're not sure if she was blushing from the heat or whatever, but her face was rather red, “So, uhm... y-yeah...”

Reimu is much more similar to mistress Reina then I thought...” mused Valeria, a hint of amusement in her voice,

Seems you didn't even need to be holding the grimoire for her to speak in your mind...

Our link is a little more then that mistress Reina. I can only maintain it within a short distance of course, a larger distance will... strain it. This has dire consequences, as I'm sure you recall mistress.

- - -

After bath plans?
[ ] Too relaxed, maybe just go rest up in the little shrine...
[ ] Maybe Reimu is so relaxed, you'll beat her in a spar for once!
[ ] Question Reimu? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

Until I started writing this, I didn't realize how awkward sounding the vote is.

Also ignore that this image is about Reimu asking Marisa to join her~
I don't have the image editing skills to change that to Reina. Nor a good idea of how Reina is spelt in japanese.
>> No. 111435
[ ] Maybe Reimu is so relaxed, you'll beat her in a spar for once!
>> No. 111447
[x] Maybe Reimu is so relaxed, you'll beat her in a spar for once!

This might even things so Reina and Reimu aren't so overly mellowed out.
>> No. 111455
[X]Not relaxed enough! Enjoy the moment.
-[X] Afterwards however, challenge Reimu! Maybe she's so relaxed that you'll win! (yeah, right)
>> No. 111458
[x] Maybe Reimu is so relaxed, you'll beat her in a spar for once!
>> No. 111494
[x] Not relaxed enough! Enjoy the moment.
-[x] Afterwards however, challenge Reimu! Maybe she's so relaxed that you'll win!
>> No. 111506
File 126543290899.jpg - (70.14KB , 500x743 , accaac6b4c0c95df71c46707ce23f54c.jpg ) [iqdb]
111506
[x] Maybe Reimu is so relaxed, you'll beat her in a spar for once!

Perhaps it was a little out of order, but you did need to keep up your training. After all, it didn't matter if you had the best teacher in the world if you didn't get any hands-on experience right? You didn't just pick up a book and become skilled in your craft overnight, it took years and years of practice. Same with learning danmaku! Reimu looked rather relaxed too, maybe if you challenged her now you could actually beat her – sure, it might not be a real victory, but you couldn't really be too picky in this situation, a win was a win.

“Heeey Reimu, you maybe want to, oh I don't know... have a little spar after this?” you offer, grinning.

The miko raises an eyebrow, “A spar after the bath? Sounds a bit unusual there...” Reimu rubbed her chin for a moment, “ah, I see what you're trying to do. Think just because I had a nice, relaxing bath I'll go easy on you eh? Well, guess I have to prove you wrong!”

~

High, no low! Wait, she was going to strike high! You barely managed to stop the miko's palm from striking you in the face, too close that ti – gah, not even a pause!

You weren't sure what you were thinking, even after that nice bath Reimu seemed hardly effected at all. Your muscles did feel rather loose, but that had faded quickly as you were 'thrown against the ropes', so to speak, within a minute or two. Still, you felt like you were improving since Reimu's attacks seemed to be faster now and more complicated, and your reactions to her attacks felt more fluid and natural, rather then involving much thought on your part.

You felt a graze on your side, the miko's fist just narrowly missing it's intended target. Seizing the opening in the red-white's position, you managed to land a sold blow on her shoulder. The miko hopped back a few steps, rubbing at her shoulder.

“Ow, sure felt the sting behind that one... geez, you're getting pretty good at this Reina. Certainly are a quick learner.”

Offering Reimu a tired smile, you wipe at your brow with the sleeve of your yukata, “Only because I have such a good teacher. Still, I doubt you're really giving me everything you've got.”

The miko laughs, shaking her head, “Well you don't learn anything if you're beaten in the blink of an eye. Still, don't discount yourself, even if I am holding back you're holding your self back very well. I think this is the first time you've actually managed to hit me!”

“Hey, watch it that kind of comment kind of lessens the impact of the initial praise...” you say with a chuckle.

“Well, I can't have you getting a big head now can I? Overconfidence is a pretty big weakness, one you can exploit in lesser youkai actually. They don't usually view humans as a threat, particularly ones from the outside. If you can defend yourself, well, it's very easy to have them move themselves into openings for you to exploit. Keep that in mind.” the red-white nodded, before sliding herself into a combat stance, “So, enough rest, I don't think you've won yet.”

There wasn't even a pause, the miko quickly closing the small distance between the two of you. Another quick exchange of blows, a duck to avoid a kick, a hop to then dodge the follow-up strike... geez, you can't imagine how skilled Reimu is if she were to go all out on you. Your breathing was starting to get a bit labored and your muscles were starting to ache from the high amount of stress you were placing on your body.

You had to end this soon, or Reimu would end it for you. You just had to -

Whoops~.”

Suddenly, you felt your leg go out as Reimu dashed forward to strike. Instead of avoiding her blow completely, she managed to somewhat collide into you, sending both of you tumbling to the grassy ground. Groaning, you open an eye to find the red-white's face very close to you.

Very, very close in fact. She's staring down at you wide-eyed, her arms keeping her from falling ontop of you, and she's actually got you somewhat pinned to the ground. The miko's face is a bit blushed, and she seems unsure of what to do at the moment. You're not sure either, but for some reason your heart is hammering in your chest.

- - -

Awwwwkward:
[ ] … <3
[ ] … …
[ ] Other? (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

I wish I could make the heart symbol.
>> No. 111515
[X]... <3
>> No. 111516
[X]... <3

Instinctual reaction.
>> No. 111517
[X] "... Reimu?"
[X] "I... I kind of pictured this sort of thing happening with Yuuka, but... this is nice too, I guess, and... oh, I'm getting so confused..."

I am still 100% set on Yuuka, but I don't want to shut Reimu down completely or anything.
>> No. 111518
[X]... <3
>> No. 111519
[X] ...♥

Fixed.
>> No. 111523
[x] ...♥

Wait, what?

What the hell is going on? I hate Reimu. Why am I voting for this? Why? Why?!
>> No. 111525
[X] ...♥

Yuuka isn't bad, or anything, but...Do want Reimu.

Also, how do you make the heart symbol, anyways?
>> No. 111526
>>111523

A strong desire to awaken Reina to the fact that she is, in fact, lesbian, so that she will accept the fact more quickly, and thereby allow you to actively pursue another woman sooner rather than later?

This is even more of a "coming out of the closet" choice than it is a Reimu choice.
>> No. 111529
>>111525
1. Google "heart symbol".
2. Copy.
3. Paste.
>> No. 111538
[X] ...♥
>> No. 111539
[x] Reimu's guard is down, punch her
>> No. 111542
>>111525

Japanese IME. Enable symbol dictionary. Type word for symbol "ha-to" for a heart (♥). "Hoshi" gives stars (☆), etc.
>> No. 111543
>>111542
Or you could use the character map program that comes with windows, or this more awesome one:
http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelMap.html
>> No. 111571
File 126549835045.jpg - (251.75KB , 500x600 , bcb5024b29674b01bcb8a8c46da376d1.jpg ) [iqdb]
111571
[X] ...♥

She was so close to you. Your heart was hammering, and you knew this situation was so awkward, you should just hastily try to make your getaway or something! But, you couldn't, you didn't want to move. All you could do was do your best to calm your nervous breathing and look the red-white in her eyes. Reimu actually smelled pretty nice, despite the two of you just having taken a bath and then sparring getting sweaty... but she smelled like... well, you couldn't place it, but she certainly had a nice smell to her.

The brown-haired girl opened her mouth, as if to speak, but she closed her mouth. Her face turning more red, her face began to slowly inch closer, you were surprised to suddenly feel the miko's fingers gently probing at your hands. With slow, yet reassuring movements, you gently took hold of the red-white's hands.

Reimu mumbled something inaudible to you, despite how close she was to you now. She hovered close enough to your face, your noses could practically touch, and you could feel each exhale the miko made. Hey, even her breath smelled pretty good. You suddenly were worried your own breath might be bad, and you wondered if you had brushed your teeth this morning or not...

“Erm, I uh...” the red-white mumbled, breaking eye contact with you for a moment, “I like you Reina.”

With startling quickness, the miko closed the few centimeters separating the two of you and placed her lips softly on your own. Your own eyes were wide in surprise, although Reimu's were closed and you could swear you were seeing tears gather at the corners of her eyes.

This was your first kiss! Your first kiss! It, it was... it was such a good feeling actually, even if it was with another girl... did this make you kind of weird or something? After all she was a girl, you were a girl, but yet... no, that didn't matter. All that mattered was that this moment was... indescribable. Maybe now you could see why in novels the first kiss was such serious business. Your mind raced with so many thoughts and emotions, you were forgetting to breath properly and you were starting to feel a little dizzy...

~

“ … na!? … ke up! Reina!?”

Groaning you shake your head, slowly sitting up and rubbing your temples. Your head kind of hurt... you open your eyes to see Reimu sitting in front of you, her hands gripping your shoulders.

“Sorry about that Reimu... guess I fainted eh?” you say chuckling, “I'm uh, sorry if I worried you any...”

The miko wiped at the corner of her eye, “Geez, had me worried for a moment! I thought you might've hurt yourself in the fall or something, don't go worrying me like that...”

“No, no I'm fine... I was just uhm... well, I guess I just got a little too caught in the moment is all.” you admit sheepishly, rubbing the back of your head.

“T-the moment? You mean you, you uhm... you... remembered when I, uh...” the miko glanced away, nervously fidgeting with her fingers.

If you remembered your first kiss? Of Reimu's lips on your own? Of course you did! You'd probably need some sort of mind alteration to forget about it.

“Of course I do! I mean, that... that was my first kiss, so...”

Reimu rubbed the back of her head, grinning slightly as she chuckled, “Mine too actually, I... it felt good. I never really got the big deal about kissing, or the first kiss in particular until, well... now. Uhm, was it good Reina? T-the kiss?”

“I couldn't really put it in words... all I can say is it was... good. I mean, I did faint from it after all, right? That has to mean something, huh?” you say with a grin.

The miko laughed, rising to her feet and offering you her hand, “That's true. And uhm, in case you were wondering, that... the kiss? Wasn't in my plan for the day at all it just sort of... happened. Still, I didn't mind it at all...”

- - -

Ah, your first kiss... with Reimu~:
[ ] Maybe it's time to go eat...
[ ] Go visit the Youkai Mountain now?
[/] Reimu sexy time
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + + Reimu Hakurei
> You had your first kiss!
> Noon of November 1st

Do not pick that third option. Seriously. I mean. Yeah. It's... I'll be quiet. Also this scene was... I dunno. How was it? I've never written a kiss scene before.
>> No. 111573
[x] Go visit the Youkai Mountain now?
>> No. 111574
[x] Reimu sexy time

Well when you put it as an option and tell us to not vote for it, I just HAVE to vote for it.

Serious vote though?
[x] Maybe it's time to go eat...
>> No. 111578
[X] Maybe... Maybe you need some time to cool down after that. It was nice, but now you have... a lot of questions. A lot. You need some time to think.
[X] Have Reimu take you home. She can stay and talk a while if she wants, but this was... a lot of excitement for one day.

The kiss was nice, but I still lack any real interest in Reimu, and really, guess who's perception of herself just got wildly shaken up? If she continues the date right now, she's going to be thinking about kissing girls for the rest of the day.

That said, going on with the date and having Reina becoming much more aware of exactly how attractive everyone she bumps into in Gensokyo happens to be is still entertaining.
>> No. 111582
[x] Go visit the Youkai Mountain now?
>> No. 111583
[x] Go visit the Youkai Mountain now?
Gogogo
>> No. 111598
[x] Go visit the Youkai Mountain now?
>> No. 111615
[ø] Reimu sexy time

[ø] Maybe it's time to go eat...

>Do not pick that third option. Seriously. I mean. Yeah. It's... I'll be quiet. Also this scene was... I dunno. How was it? I've never written a kiss scene before.
It was HNNNNNNNNGN worthy.
>> No. 111637
[ ] Maybe it's time to go eat...
>> No. 111649
[ ] "Let's try it again. We can improve on our previous attempt."
>> No. 111656
File 126558419799.jpg - (367.99KB , 1120x791 , 4a80ec983b84361b6d59ac00e4fed898.jpg ) [iqdb]
111656
[x] Go visit the Youkai Mountain now?

Reaching up to take the offered hand, you get to your feet, brushing off stray bits of grass from your yukata and your hair.

“To be honest, I didn't really mind it either... I never got the whole big deal about kissing until now I guess.” you say with a laugh.

Wait, wait where you just admitting outloud that you liked kissing Reimu!? And Valeria was probably busy scribbling away in the grimoire all about this, so by tonight... oh man, Yukari was going to know all about this by tonight probably. This was not going to be a very good night... well, no maybe it won't be too bad. After all Reimu was here! Just the actual sleeping will probably suck.

“Well, ah, what did you think of this place anyway? It's pretty nice isn't it?”

You nod your head, “It is. I couldn't help but notice the flowers look rather, well... unique. I don't think you could grow flowers like that.”

“I never did figure out how they came to be, but if I had to guess... I might think Yuuka had something to do with it.” the maiden shrugged, “Seems to make sense. Still, I've never really asked her, she kind of creeps me out a bit. The two of you seem to get along just fine though, maybe you should ask her?”

“I'll keep it in mind, it couldn't hurt. Uhm, not to sound a bit sudden but do you think it'd be ok if we got dressed and went to go visit the mountain?”

Reimu grins and nods her head, “Sure thing Reina. We'll just grab our clothes and be on our way. I'm not sure where Aya lives though if you wanted to see her, Sanae might know though so you could try asking when we go to visit. If we're in luck, the whole Moriya Shrine will be there so you can meet everyone at once. And ah, I'll apologize in advance if I kind of uhm, parade you around a bit like you were a follower of the Hakurei Shrine or something, it's just... well, you know all about the status of the Hakurei Shrine. A-anyway, come on!”

~

Youkai Mountain was rather impressive, even from a distance. It's peak seemed to pierce the very sky itself, and Reimu remarked that the Moriya Shrine was near the peak of the mountain. You had to guess from up there you could probably see all of Gensokyo, just like from the Hakurei Shrine, although from here everything looked a lot smaller. What was it with building shrines at the top of mountains anyway? No wonder that temple run by Byakuren was so popular, it was just near the village and you didn't have to go hiking to reach your place of worship. Maybe you should try mentioning this to Reimu sometime.

As you neared the mountain, you noticed that not only did a forest grow at its base, the forest seemed to extend a great deal up the mountain as well, probably covering almost half of the entire thing. You wondered what kind of youkai lived in a forest that massive... humans probably never came up here, while a bit worrying at being on a mountain full of youkai, you reassured yourself by remembering Reimu was here.

“That's the Great Youkai Forest there.” pointed out Reimu, noting your gaze, “You can't see it from up here I imagine, but there's a river in there too and some waterfalls. It's got some really pretty places actually, but it's full of youkai. The bottom of the mountain is where the kappa live usually, remember Nitori? Higher up is where the crow and white wolf tengu live. You lived out by yourself in the outside right?” asks Reimu, you nod in response, “Well, Youkai Mountain might feel right at home to you. They actually have quite a bit of technology really, I'm not sure how they do it but... well, you'll see it when you see it.”

Now that you were closer, you could actually make out smoke rising from a few points on the mountain. Did Gensokyo really have such a high level of technology? Nitori did seem rather intelligent, then again you didn't really know much about technology yourself, but that diving stuff didn't seem too particularly advanced...

Suddenly Reimu halted midflight, holding you tightly as she slowly started to descend towards the mountain. But from the looks of things, there was still a bit of distance to the top, the two of you had just passed over the forest, so why was she...?

As your feet touched the ground, you suddenly found out why the maiden had stopped her flight. A group of youkai touched down as you and Reimu did. Like most youkai, they looked mostly human but they had white tails and ears, in fact they looked kind of like wolves. The hats they wore reminded you of the one Aya wore, so you had to guess they were a sort of tengu or something.

“Is there a problem?” asked Reimu casually, looking about the group of tengu with mild interest,

One of the tengu frowned slightly, “Humans don't have any business up here. What are you doing here?”

“Just going out with a friend, though I might go and visit the Moriya Shrine.” she replied with a shrug.

“Well I'm afraid you'll just have to go back then. Unless you have some sort of permission or something...” said another.

“Nah, no permission. I figure if you get in my way, I'll just beat you all up and be on my way anyway.”

Reimu sure was an expert diplomat, that's for sure. “A-are you sure you should antagonize them Reimu...?” you whisper quietly, not liking the way some of the tengu were gripping the swords at their belts or the looks you were getting.

“Who do you think you are!? You just can't come waltzing into the tengu's territory and start threatening us!”

“What do you think you're all doing!?” yelled another tengu,

Some of the wolf tengu looked about for the source of the voice, you merely followed Reimu's gaze to find Aya and another wolf tengu flying in to land in between you and the youkai group. The wolves seemed worried and surprised at the appearance of Aya, or perhaps her friend.

“W-we were just trying to shoo these trespassers away!” answered the tengu who spoke first.

The wolf tengu frowned, folding her arms across her chest, “Don't you know who this is?” she jabbed her thumb in Reimu's direction, whom was busy twisting a finger in her ear while looking around in boredom, “That's the Hakurei shrine maiden! She could beat you all up before you even drew your swords, and probably have time to dance on each of your bodies before she even broke a sweat.”

“And probably be able to dig through all your pockets for money to boot.” added Aya with a grin,

Some of the tengu looked around in worry, stepping back a few paces. Seems they knew who Reimu was alright, they began to mutter amongst themselves before excusing themselves and scattering. The remaining wolf with Aya sighed, shaking her head.

“I thought everyone knew you by now Reimu, I'm sorry about that. I just got the report a minute or two ago, I would've been here faster but I was pre-occupied.”

“Ah don't worry about it, if I had to beat them all up you would've gotten me off the hook anyway right?” replied Reimu with a laugh,

The crow tengu seemed to notice you for the first time, her eyes widening slightly in surprise, “Oh if it isn't Reina! My, my it's been a while hasn't it? It's nice to see you again, what brings you up here anyway?” the tengu glances to you and Reimu, “Hmmm, I wonder...”

The maiden's eyes narrowed slightly as she saw one of Aya's hands inching for her notebook, “Hey, hey don't start thinking what I know you're thinking. I just came up here to show Reina to the Moriya Shrine.”

“Is that so? Well... if you say so. I must say, you look a little more... lively then usual.” the tengu furrowed her brow, taking a few steps forward to look at you and Reimu closer, “In fact, I could almost say you two have a little bit of a glow about you.”

“Come on Aya, there's no need to pry to much into their personal life... I'd rather not have Reimu beat us up or something.” warned the wolf tengu.

Aya sighed, “Very well. I won't say anything, I promise. Reina knows I'm good with those. Still, if you feel like telling me later well... I won't say a thing! This is Reina's first time up here isn't it?” asks the tengu, you nod in reply, “I'd give you some advice and warnings, but you have Reimu with you so you'll be fine. I'd love to give you a tour myself, but I imagine Reimu would prefer just taking you straight to the shrine right?”

The shrine maiden shrugged, “I don't mind either way. Reina wanted to come so I brought her, I just didn't know where you live and I know how reclusive the kappa can be... and even if you all fear me in some way, you never let me into your settlements.”

- - -

Youkai Mountain destination:
[ ] Continue on to the Moriya Shrine, should be interesting meeting another shrine maiden!
- [ ] Bring Aya and her friend along?
- [ ] If so, ask them anything?
- [ ] Other
[ ] Maybe Aya has some place she'd like to show you?
- [ ] Ask her anything?
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 111658
[x] Continue on to the Moriya Shrine, should be interesting meeting another shrine maiden!
- [x] Bring Aya and her friend along?
- [x] Ask Aya's friend to introduce herself.
>> No. 111668
[ø] Maybe Aya has some place she'd like to show you?
- [ø] Introduce yourself to Aya's friend.

Aya's willing to give us a tour and Reimu doesn't seem to mind, so why not?
>> No. 111681
[x] Continue on to the Moriya Shrine, should be interesting meeting another shrine maiden!
- [x] Bring Aya and her friend along?
- [x] Ask Aya's friend to introduce herself.
>> No. 111719
[x] Continue on to the Moriya Shrine, should be interesting meeting another shrine maiden!
- [x] Bring Aya and her friend along?
- [x] Ask Aya's friend to introduce herself.
>> No. 111764
File 126568654156.jpg - (601.56KB , 800x613 , 80d9c33eb5ab550306ce09c2289c0a32.jpg ) [iqdb]
111764
[x] Continue on to the Moriya Shrine, should be interesting meeting another shrine maiden!
- [x] Bring Aya and her friend along?
- [x] Ask Aya's friend to introduce herself.

While a tour of the mountain did sound kind of interesting, you had originally came here to visit the Moriya Shrine. May as well stick to the plan, after all the day wouldn't last forever and you didn't want to be out too late around here, even if the tengu were supposed to leave you alone and you had Reimu (now Aya and her friend as well) in your company, all it would take is a youkai to get past them to gobble you up...

Pushing the morbid thoughts aside, you return your attention to Aya, “I'll have to decline the guided tour Aya, sorry. I'm a bit interested in seeing this Moriya Shrine, I wonder how similar it is to Reimu's...”

“Better kept and actually gets visitors and worshipers?” teases the crow with a grin, “If you're in luck, the gods might even be there! They're usually there, so maybe it isn't really luck...”

“They're still there.” stated Aya's friend, one of her ears twitching, “I heard Setsuna mention it before I left, she had just returned from there.” the wolf paused a moment, looking up towards the summit, “It appears Sanae is outside tending the grounds, I cannot see the gods but I'm certain they're there.”

Blinking, you look off in the same direction as the wolf, but can make out nothing but clouds and mountain, “How can you possibly tell from this distance...?”

“It's her talent of course. Ah, that reminds me she hasn't introduced herself, has she? How forgetful of me, go ahead, introduce yourself!” said Aya, patting her friend on the back,

The tengu bowed slightly, “Momiji Inubashiri, it's nice to meet you Reina. Aya has spoken of you before so don't be too surprised I know about you. I'm one of the scouts here in on the mountain,” the crow tengu coughed loudly, and Momiji sighed, “very well Aya, I'm one of the leaders of the scouts on the mountain. Aya makes it such a big deal, really it's not that much...”

“You have to give yourself more credit Momiji, when I was last came here you were just Aya's underling weren't you?” asked the maiden with a grin.

Aya smiled triumphantly, “Whose to say I'm still not her superior?”

“It's tough to feel glad about a promotion when you keep bringing up your own Aya...” sighed the wolf, shaking her head.

“What does Aya do?” you ask curiously.

“Oh it's a boring job, no need to get into it.” says the tengu dismissively, pulling out her fan, “Weren't you two going to get going somewhere? I didn't mean to hold you up.”

Looking up to the summit, you glance to Reimu then back to Aya and Momiji, “Why don't we all go together? You two weren't busy or anything were you?”

The two say something to one another in a tongue you don't understand, and judging from Reimu's reaction, she doesn't either. After a moment, they nod and the crow tengu starts to fan herself, with well, her fan.

“We'll come along, we've got some freetime. Besides, I may as well pay the Moriya a visit, I don't go there as often as I should I guess.”

~

Rather then walk the whole way, you and your group ended up merely flying most of the way, Reimu of course carried you along as Aya and Momiji effortlessly kept pace. You really had to get this flying thing down sometime... eventually you could make out some sort of structure in the distance, and before long you recognized it as the same type of arch-type thing you saw at Reimu's shrine. Although this one had a much larger string... thing... hanging from it. You could see the shrine higher up, easily reached by following the stairs that started where the arch was.

Climbing the steps you eventually reached the front of the shrine itself, where a young-looking girl with long green hair was busy sweeping the pathway to the shrine. As you and your group arrived, she looked up and seemed surprised to see you, or rather Reimu judging by the direction of her gaze.

“Reimu! I didn't expect to see you today, or well...” the green-haired girl trailed off, “ah, nevermind it isn't important. I recognize Aya and Momiji but... who is this other girl? I've never seen her before...”

The shrine maiden gestured to you, “This is Reina, she's an outsider just like you Sanae. Only more human then you. And not a shrine maiden. You catch my drift.”

Sanae's eyes seemed to light up and she took renewed interest in you, “An outsider you say? I haven't seen that many up here before! She must be something special for you to bring her all the way here... it's nice to meet you Reina, I'm Sanae Kochiya. I'm the shrine maiden of the Moriya Shrine.” she bowed and offered you a smile, “I haven't got to meet many humans up here, the tengu and kappa are pretty good at driving them away usually. Ah, no offense of course!”

The wolf laughs and shakes her head, “None taken of course, you know we only do it to protect them from the more violent youkai in the area of course. Wouldn't want to find too many half-eaten corpses laying around...”

You couldn't help but notice that 'too' in Momiji's sentence, it sent a chill up your spine but you were sure there was no danger. The Moriya Shrine was probably just like the Hakurei Shrine and wild youkai stayed away, whenever due to what the shrine stood for or because the shrine maidens were such capable fighters you weren't sure about.

“Reimu brought Reina here for whatever reason, we just happened to intercept them when they got held up by some undertrained patrol group. Are Kanako and Suwako around? I'm sure Reina would love to meet them.” asked the tengu, looking about curiously.

The green-haired maiden gestured towards the shrine, “They're inside, would you like to come in? I can make you some tea, I'm sure they'd be happy to meet someone new! Please come in, come in!” urged the girl, heading towards the shrine and leaving the broom leaning up against the shrine.

Following the green-haired girl inside, she mentions for you to remove your shoes before entering the shrine proper, something you never remember Reimu bringing up, and then leads you and your group inside. Seeing Aya without her geta on was interesting, she looked several inches shorter without them on. As you neared a room, probably the one Sanae was leading you to, you could make out two voices speaking in some unknown language, different from the one Aya and Momiji used. Announcing the arrival of guests, the shrine maiden slid the door open and gestured inside.

Within the room sat a rather tall and imposing woman with short purple hair and red eyes, and across from her was a much younger, child-like in fact, girl with blonde hair and gray eyes. Upon your arrive the child hopped up and made a frog-like hop in your general direction, even landing like a frog... you also noticed the bizarre hat she wore, it almost looked alive with those 'eyes'...

“Whose the new girl Sanae? I haven't seen her before! She's got a funny feel to her too!” asked the girl, her voice full of curiosity.

This was supposed to be a god...? She looked and sounded like a child... still, guess looks could be deceiving right?

“This is Reina, she's an outsider.” answered Sanae, gesturing to you, “She's a friend of Reimu's I think and she's come to visit. I ah, hope I wasn't interrupting anything important?”

The purple-haired woman shook her head, “Not at all Sanae, anyone who is a friend of Reimu's is sure to be a person worth meeting.” she rose to her feet and made her way towards you, offering you her hand, “Kanako Yasaka. It's nice to meet you.”

The frog-like girl hopped closer to you, before jumping to her feet and offering her hand as well, “Suwako Moriya! Nice to meet you as well!”

- - -

These are gods?
[ ] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
- [ ] Shake Suwako's hand
- [ ] Shake Kanako's hand
- [ ] To hell with it, shake them both!
[ ] You've never met gods before... maybe you should ask them something... (write-in)
[ ] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> Late noon of November 1st
>> No. 111768
[X] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
-[X] To hell with it, shake them both!
[X] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[X] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[X] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?

Reina and Sanae, potential best friends with benefits. Watch as Reimu grows jealous, because even though she keeps her worshiper, she finds herself with a new love rival.
>> No. 111778
[X] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
-[X] To hell with it, shake them both! At the same time.
[X] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[X] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[X] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?

Slight modification to previous vote.
>> No. 111788
[X] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
-[X] To hell with it, shake them both! At the same time.
[x] You've never met gods before... maybe you should ask them something...
-[x] Ask what they do exactly? You want to clear any misconeptions you might have.
-[x] Ask Suwako about that hat; it's a pretty cool hat.
[X] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[X] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[X] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?
>> No. 111789
>“Oh it's a boring job, no need to get into it.” says the tengu dismissively, pulling out her fan
being mysterious with a fan out, I got some Yukari/Yuyuko vibe there~

[ø] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
- [ø] To hell with it, shake them both!
[x] You've never met gods before... maybe you should ask them something...
-[x] Ask what they do exactly? You want to clear any misconeptions you might have.
-[x] Ask Suwako about that hat; it's a pretty cool hat.
[X] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[X] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[X] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?
I wonder if this will result in shaking their hands one at a time or a two-way handshake.

>Reina and Sanae, potential best friends with benefits. Watch as Reimu grows jealous, because even though she keeps her worshiper, she finds herself with a new love rival.
dohoho.
>> No. 111793
[x] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
-[x] To hell with it, shake them both! At the same time.
[x] You've never met gods before... maybe you should ask them something...
-[x] Ask what they do exactly? You want to clear any misconeptions you might have.
-[x] Ask Suwako about that hat; it's a pretty cool hat.
[x] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[x] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[x] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?
>> No. 111794
>Whose the new girl Sanae?
>Whose
Y u do tis? щ(゚Д゚щ)
>> No. 111796
[x] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
-[x] To hell with it, shake them both! At the same time.
[x] You've never met gods before... maybe you should ask them something...
-[x] Ask what they do exactly? You want to clear any misconeptions you might have.
-[x] Ask Suwako about that hat; it's a pretty cool hat.
[x] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[x] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[x] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?
>> No. 111831
File 126577440875.png - (236.62KB , 378x500 , 1209463324587.png ) [iqdb]
111831
[c] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
- [c] To hell with it, shake them both!
[c] You've never met gods before... maybe you should ask them something...
-[c] Ask what they do exactly? You want to clear any misconceptions you might have.
-[c] Ask Suwako about that hat; it's a pretty cool hat.
[c] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[c] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[c] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?

Good grief. Reading through the updates make me wonder of Reina is gathering all the girls for her harem (and from the look of it, she doesn't even know it). Maybe it's just me being paranoid.
>> No. 111895
>-[x] To hell with it, shake them both! At the same time.
M...Multi-hand shaking?!
>> No. 111900
[x] >>111831
>> No. 111903
File 126585363566.jpg - (481.88KB , 956x956 , 057bf1b1ba3819b33728b28c6dfd2866.jpg ) [iqdb]
111903
[x] Oh dear, they all want to shake your hand...
-[x] To hell with it, shake them both! At the same time.
[x] You've never met gods before... maybe you should ask them something...
-[x] Ask what they do exactly? You want to clear any misconceptions you might have.
-[x] Ask Suwako about that hat; it's a pretty cool hat.
[x] Sanae is an outsider as well? She might know some things.
-[x] Ask her about when it was she first arrived here.
-[x] Just ask her about herself in general. What other kinds of people would want to cross the border?

Picking one hand to shake over the other just felt like favoritism, and they were both gods... and there were two hands to shake, and you did have two hands after all. You reach out and use one hand to clasp Kanako's hand and another for Suwako's, shaking them both at the same time.

This seems to provide an immediate reaction from Suwako, who breaks out laughing, where as Sanae seems to trying her best to hold in a snicker, Kanako just smirks.

“I like her already! She's so strange and different.” remarked the child-like god.

The green-haired maiden shook her head, “That was an unexpected response, I had figured you would just shake their hands in turn... Reimu sure makes interesting friends.”

“Seems I can't just make normal friends, eh?” teased Reimu, shrugging helplessly,

Brushing aside the teasing, you bow slightly, “I'm Reina Roots, it's nice to meet you all.”

“What an odd last name there, she must not be from anywhere too close to Gensokyo.” commented the purple-haired goddess, returning to her seat at the table, “Well why are we all standing around? Have a seat!”

Taking the cue, you find yourself some room at the table to sit, with Suwako returning to her original seating, Sanae sitting near the two gods, Reimu sitting near you, with Aya and Momiji sitting near one another as well. It was a pretty crowded table. You note on the table there was already some tea cups, but no tea, muttering a quick apology the Moriya shrine maiden quickly excuses herself to brew some for you and her patrons.

“So, ah, what do you do exactly? I mean, I never really thought of gods as being here... like, where you could interact with them or something so...”

The child-like god giggled, “Mostly we just hang around here all day with Sanae. She does all the actual work, our job is to just well, uhm...” the god pauses, “... what do we do Kanako?”

“Oh uh, you know... god things. Yup.” answered the other god.

“Yeah, exactly! We do very important god things.” stated Suwako, nodding her head and grinning, “Really though, it's not all that interesting. Getting followers around here is a lot easier then in the outside world, everyone here readily accepts us. The outside world is all about science and math or something, they don't hold as much belief in things like us anymore.”

“Not that I miss the outside too much, Gensokyo is much nicer. Even up here on the mountain with all that technology the kappa and tengu keep making, it's much cleaner then the outside. Out there, you could see the smoke rising up to form clouds I swear, it was pretty terrible.” added Kanako,

“I lived out in the middle of no where practically, so I never really got to see much of that. Although I do remember you could never see the night sky, it was so nice being able to see that out here in Gensokyo.”

Sanae returned, bringing with her a tray with some tea pots on it and some various snacks, setting them down on the table you saw Reimu immediately helping herself to some of the snacks, as the green-haired girl set about pouring everyone some tea.

“So what do you do Reina?” asked Sanae, pouring you the same tea as Reimu,

Thanking the green-haired girl for the tea, you take a sip before answering, “I do furniture restoration mostly, though Remilia has tempted me to try just making furniture for a change. Well, perhaps saying furniture restoration is too specific, since I can restore most things if it's made of wood or something for example. But nothing complicated like say a radio, you'd need a mechanic or something for that.”

“You make furniture look all brand new?” commented Kanako, rubbing her chin thoughtfully, “That's a pretty dead art in the outside, since everything is mass-produced now no one cares for unique things anymore. I can't imagine you lived a very prosperous life.”

“Not at all, I was rather lucky really to even have a house with how little I made. I never met my landlord, but whoever he or she was, they were very generous with having me pay off the house for very cheap. I still survived off a pretty thin diet though, wasn't ever in good health.” you snatch up a cookie from the tray and take a bite, “That all changed when I came here though, Remilia is a generous customer... though she does work me pretty hard, so maybe it balances out. You should see my house, it's barely a house I think... just a kitchen, bedroom and a shop. The bathroom is a part of my bedroom of course, and then a guest room, no living room or anything!”

“That sounds pretty boring! How do you have any place to play or anything?” complained the child god, frowning, “You should maybe look into getting it worked on! I bet the kappa would do it, though they prefer science but... might be more reliable and better then human workers. Ah, not to say they don't do fine work of course, but kappa... you can't really compare.” Suwako paused and tapped her cheek, “Come to think of it, didn't we have some stuff get chewed on or something?”

“A kotatsu and some stools yes, they had a bunch of what looked like gnaw marks all on the bottoms and stuff. I haven't really thought about it, that was a month or so ago wasn't it?” answered Sanae,

The purple-haired god rubbed her chin, “Sounds right, I almost forgot. Maybe we'll send it on over to Reina one of these days, it's no big deal since we have extras and all. I'd have the kappa do it maybe but, it's such a small thing don't really feel like bugging them.”

As you take a sip of your tea, you can't help but feel that Suwako's hat was just looking at you but when you blinked it seemed normal. But those eyes, or what looked like them on top just kept looking like...

“Uhm, Suwako ah... that's a cool hat?” you ask off-hand, eying it suspiciously, looking for a reaction.

The girl grinned, her expression one of joy and pride, “Yup! It's my special hat, you won't ever find one like it! And nope, you can't try it on, all mine!” she tugged on the hat, and you swear the eyes reacted to that in some sort of pained expression, “You can look all you want though!”

You would figure out the mystery of that hat one day... one day. Maybe some other time, but you swear that thing wasn't a hat, but some sort of living creature!

You're worrying me mistress, it is just a hat.

Oh quiet you, it's alive and you know it. Why else did it have eyes? No crazy hatmaker would put eyes on a hat unless it was made of something magic, or something! You're not paranoid dammit! Pushing the hat out of your mind for now, you decide to move on to a different topic... like getting to know Sanae, she was after all a human like you, and an outsider like you, so you would get along just fine right? Could always use another friend!

“When did you all come to Gensokyo? I don't imagine the shrine has always been here, right?” you ask aloud

To your surprise it was Reimu who answered instead, “Nope. They showed up about, oh... three years ago or so? It was in the fall, so closer to two. She made quite the entrance, trying to steal all the faith and take over my shrine as I remember...”

“Well, when you put it that way you do make me sound pretty bad... I was just you know, new to this place and we thought it would help and all so... well, yeah...” the maiden chuckled nervously, “of course Reimu came along and solved the problem by beating us all. Still, in the end I guess it all worked out just fine.”

“Was quite the rude awakening being beaten by a mortal. Of course, it was only because of those danmaku rules of course.” countered Kanako smugly, “If it were a real fight, there'd be no way we'd lose to any of you.”

“You'd also possibly cause all of Gensokyo to implode or something though.” retorted Suwako with a frown, “And I'm not sure, that Yukari seems pretty - “

“Ugh, she's just an old hag who thinks she's all powerful.” snapped the other god frowning, “Don't start that up again.”

Seems you found a soft spot there, should probably try to change the topic lest they begin to wonder how you came into Gensokyo yourself... maybe Kanako wouldn't like knowing it was all Yukari's doing.

“Ah so Sanae, uh... did you do much back in the outside world? Like go to a public school or anything?”

She raises an eyebrow curiously, “Of course I did, didn't you? I never got to go to a university or anything though... things happened and we had to come here three years ago.”

“I didn't actually go to school, I kind of lived in the middle of nowhere you see and uhm... you had to pay for it so, I couldn't afford it. I had to teach myself really.” you admit sheepishly, rubbing the back of your head.

“Sounds like you had a pretty lonely life.” commented Aya, shaking her head, “Gensokyo has done you some good things eh? And in return, you do some of its people good in fixing up their stuff. Sounds like a good deal to me.”

“I don't ever regret ending up here, it's a wonderful place. I don't know if I could go back... I don't really have much waiting for me.”

Though, you did wonder what your few loyal clients were doing... had your house just vanished, or did it burn down or something in the real world? The thought of them thinking you were dead or something... no, no don't think about it. You had a new life here in Gensokyo, you couldn't dwell on the past, on the few glimmers of light in it.

Shaking your head, you chuckle, “Sorry, I'm sounding a little depressing I think. Do people try to get into Gensokyo a lot? I can't imagine it was easy for you all to end up here.”

Kanako shook her head, “Even for gods like ourselves, this was pretty hard. The border separating Gensokyo from the outside world was very strong where we lived. As I understand it, no one usually comes here by choice, you outsiders either end up here because of random holes in the border, or some youkai brings you over to eat you up.” the god suddenly frowned, studying you for a moment, “Come to think of it, you mentioned you had a house so... that means the whole thing came through. Things of that size don't just 'fall through' the border. The holes are too small, so how did you...?”

“Don't go prying into her life Kanako, it isn't our business.” interrupted Suwako, her voice surprisingly sharp, “I know you don't like Yukari, and even if that was how she got here there's no reason to dislike her based on it. Reimu likes her, and I find that interesting! She's such a lonely girl, she needs some friends!”

Something about Suwako's tone there seemed... knowing. Maybe you were just imagining it.

“You're talking like I'm not sitting right here...” grumbled the Hakurei with a frown.

Glancing towards the wall for a moment, Sanae speaks up, “I'm glad you came to visit Reina and company, but ah it seems to be nearing past midday so uhm... I just thought you'd like to know. If you all want to spend the night, I'm sure we have enough rooms and I'm sure there's no objections to feeding you and maybe thinking up some entertainment, right?”

The gods nodded in approval.

- - -

Situation at the Moriya Shrine:
[ ] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [ ] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
~ [ ] Duel anyone? (write-in)
- [ ] Some other form of entertainment? (write-in)
- [ ] Hrm, sleeping over...
~ [ ] Get your own room if you could
~ [ ] Share with Reimu?
~ [ ] Other (write-in)
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] A generous offer, but you should be going home then.
- [ ] Ask if Reimu wants to stay the night?
- [ ] Ask Aya or Momiji?
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 111905
[x] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [x] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
- [x] Afterwards, practice with Sanae. See if she can give you some pointers.
>> No. 111912
[x] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [x] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
- [x] Afterwards, practice with Sanae. See if she can give you some pointers.
-[x] Try to get your own room, but you'd have no problems sharing with Reimu.
>> No. 111932
[x] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [x] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
- [x] Afterwards, practice with Sanae. See if she can give you some pointers.
>> No. 111933
[x] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [x] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
- [x] Afterwards, practice with Sanae. See if she can give you some pointers.
>> No. 112001
[Q] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [Q] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
- [Q] Hrm, sleeping over...
~ [Q] Share with Reimu?
>> No. 112002
[X] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
-[X] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
-[X] Afterwards, practice with Sanae. See if she can give you some pointers.
-[X] See if you can room with Sanae. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone else from outside in private, especially because you kind of want to hear about all the parts of outside life that you missed out on.

Poor Reina, leading such a sheltered life.
>> No. 112031
[x] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [x] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
- [x] Hrm, sleeping over...
~ [x] Share with Reimu?
>> No. 112046
Update coming tomorrow, really tired today not sure why... sorry.
>> No. 112163
File 12661741293.png - (314.89KB , 800x800 , 5064b47bdc01c0534c48fe0ee3ae587b.png ) [iqdb]
112163
[x] Reimu won't mind staying the night right?
- [x] Hey, why don't you see about getting some of them to danmaku duel or something? You're sure it'll look impressive!
- [x] Afterwards, practice with Sanae. See if she can give you some pointers.
- [x] Hrm, sleeping over...
~ [x] Share with Reimu?

“I don't have a problem with that offer, do you Reimu?”

The shrine maiden shrugged, “Sounds fine to me. I told you earlier I was going to follow your lead, remember?”

Aya and Momiji briefly consulted one another before agreeing as well, although as usual the crow tengu noted she'd probably be gone before everyone woke up, the wolf noted she'd be leaving early as well. They probably had some pretty early jobs or something...

“Wonderful! I'll go prepare some rooms then, let's see... I'm sure Aya and Momiji won't mind sharing a room right? How about you Reina?” asks the green-haired shrine maiden.

“I'll share a room with Reimu.” you answer with a slight smile, the girl nods and excuses herself from the room, “This might be a bit out of the blue, but you've all dueled Reimu before?”

Kanako nodded, “It was a while ago. The last time we've tried fighting Reimu would've been that whole giant robot thing Sanae kept going on about, right?”

The child-like god nodded, “Yup! Though that was a bit different since we were just letting Sanae do all the real work. Ah that was a fun time... why do ya ask Reina?”

“Well I just thought it might be interesting to see you duel is all! I'm not that good at it myself, but well... watching is a form of learning right?”

Reimu glances at you, “Really Reina, going around and having people challenge me to duels all the time? Before I know it you're going to turn into some sort of danmaku maniac or something.” teased the girl, laughing.

The elder god rubbed her chin, “Learning? Are you trying to learn danmaku or something Reina?”

“Correction, she's learned it already. She's merely trying to polish her skill and all that, she isn't that terribly good yet but hey, she's got potential and she does learn rather quickly for an outsider.” commented Reimu,

“Really? I don't hear of outsiders being able to perform danmaku at all...” noted Suwako, her voice full of interest, “Reina grows more interesting by the minute! Too bad Reimu's already got her hands on her it seems, I wonder how things would've gone if Sanae met her first...” mused the god.

“H-hey what do you mean by 'has her hands on her'?” asked the red-white with a frown.

The god merely whistled innocently in reply denying Reimu, and you, an answer to her words. Before you could try to press the issue, Sanae returned and gave directions to your room she had set up. As soon as she was done, Suwako jumped up and whispered something into her ear, the Moriya shrine maiden's eyes widened a bit.

“You know danmaku Reina? That's quite the accomplishment. I didn't think outsiders had the ability to do that.”

You cocked your head to the side, “But aren't you an outsider too Sanae? So it shouldn't be that odd, right?”

The shrine maiden giggled and shook her head, “I'm an outsider in the sense of the word, but I'm not an outsider in... well, I'll put it this way. I'm an 'outsider' because I'm not from Gensokyo, and I'm from the outside world. But outsiders are usually just humans, that's something I'm not. At least not completely.”

Before you could ask, Suwako chimed in, “She's my descendant, so she's got a little bit of me in her!”

“I know it seems odd, but in Gensokyo I guess it isn't too unusual. Of course back in the outside we couldn't let anyone know that, then again no one even knew we were around.” commented Kanako,

Considering the sort of things that lived in Gensokyo – which seemed to be just about anything that didn't exist in the outside – you guess a living demi-god was hardly all that unusual. Sanae looked human anyway, so you doubted she ever had a problem blending into a school or into any public place. Well, aside from that hair... probably could just pass it off as being a very good dye job or something.

“Hey Sanae, you wanna duel Reimu for Reina then?” asked Suwako suddenly, hopping up and down, “You know Kanako would love to, but you know how she is...”

“Well, if Reimu is alright with it...”

~

You hadn't seen too many danmaku duels since you came here, in fact you had probably fought in some more then you had seen, but you could see that everyone seemed to have their own style of fighting. Marisa had been all about brute power, using a lot of firepower to overwhelm her opponents, but she had considerable speed of her own which gave her great offensive ability, even if her own defense was weak.

Reimu and Sanae had rather similar styles, they were all around with no noteworthy weaknesses it seemed. Although Reimu did seem quite agile and mobile compared to Sanae, you could also notice a difference simply in the way they used danmaku. Both of them were shrine maidens, so you had expected it to be rather similar, but they were still quite different – Sanae had a number of star-shaped danmaku along with snakes and frogs.

Still, perhaps to no real surprise, it was Reimu who emerged victorious mostly unscathed. The Moriya shrine maiden on the other hand, looked like she would need to mend a few rips and tears in her uniform. She apologized for the damage to her outfit, but Sanae brushed it aside merely acknowledging this sort of thing happened sometimes. Come to think of it, in your practice duels you had never seen your own clothes get beaten up so bad, the only conclusion you could draw was Reimu and Sanae were fighting at a much higher level then what Reimu used in your spars... geez, you bet if she fought you like that, your clothes would get burnt to a crisp from every danmaku shot.

“Sharp as ever Reimu, I'm still going to beat you one of these days.” laughed the green-haired girl, brushing off some grass and dirt from her skirt.

The red-white stretched and shrugged, “If you want to keep dreamin' go right ahead, you know where I live if you ever want to see if you can match me.”

“She's so full of herself.” grumbled Kanako,

Suwako merely laughed and congratulated Sanae on her efforts, “You're getting better, sorry we couldn't help out but you can't always rely on us right?”

The crow tengu applauded, “It's a rare chance for me to just sit back and take some nice shots of you two in action. Usually I have to end up in your spot to get any of Reimu.”

“Don't get to use to it, and I better not find those in the paper tomorrow. If you want to publish them, you're gonna have to do the duel yourself and get them.” replied Reimu with a grin,

Aya chuckled nervously, “Of course, of course... just a private collection is all. I really must get some of Reina sometime! I've got pictures of everyone, but now that you're on the scene too? Should be interesting...”

“Just don't go trying to take weird pictures of her, or you'll answer to me.” pointed out the red-white matter of factly.

The tengu chuckled weakly and assured her she didn't have that intention in mind. Momiji rolled her eyes, quite obviously unconvinced of her superior's words. With Reimu distracted giving Aya an annoyed stare, you took the chance to slip over to Sanae and ask her about possibly giving you some pointers of your own, it couldn't hurt right?

The green-haired girl seemed awfully interested, but had to decline for now pointing out she was a bit tired, and she would prefer doing this when she was well-rested – and wearing clothes that weren't singe, frayed, and torn in places. Still, at least you did have the chance right?

With that out of the way the shrine maiden quickly offered everyone dinner, to which of course Reimu had no problem accepting and eating more then her fair share (she claimed it was her 'reward' for beating Sanae in the duel). Sanae's food was actually quite tasty, you hadn't really sampled much of the cuisine around here, but you did idly wonder if she was a better cook then you, it was possible since you only had originally cooked for yourself so you didn't really expand the menu too much. From what you could tell Sanae always had to cook for Suwako and Kanako, and frequently gave meals to the visitors as well.

Now that you thought about it, she seemed more like a housewife then a shrine maiden. Whoever ended up putting the ring on her finger was going to have the easy life. Thinking of marriage made your mind wander a bit and you remembered Remilia had given you that bridal set, for all the good it was probably going to end up doing you, you hadn't even got beyond greeting any of the men you had seen in the village, and your closest friends were all girls like yourself... still, you had kissed Reimu, right? But, that didn't have to... forget it, forget it.

With dinner done with, and the danmaku entertainment over as well, you decided it would be best to turn in now. Sanae again reminded you of the directions to the room she had prepared for you and Reimu, and bid you good night. Thanking her for the food, you headed down the hallway until you reached the room. Sliding open the door and closing it behind you, you were surprised to see how well she had prepared the room.

Not only had she set up a privacy screen, she even layed out some baskets with a note explaining for you to put your dirty clothes in them and she'd clean them and have them ready for you tomorrow. She even provided you and Reimu yukatas to wear for sleep. Interestingly, she had only laid out a single futon though. Not that you minded having to share with Reimu, after all you had been doing that sort of thing much more frequently as of late. Undressing and placing your clothes in the basket, you threw on the yukata and crawled under the futon covers. It didn't take long to drift off to sleep, although before you did you were pretty sure you heard the door slide open signaling Reimu's entry.

~

To no real surprise, you didn't open your eyes and see the ceiling of the shrine. As you had expected, Yukari was going to have one of her pleasant chats with you in your dreamworld... couldn't you ever just go here without her being the cause? Then again, was she really the cause of it? Maybe it didn't really matter in the end.

Sitting up, you noted the dreamworld seemed largely the same as last time, maybe a little brighter and the yin-yang flowers seemed to look a bit more healthy and larger then before. Still, you couldn't see that gap youkai anywhere... until you looked straight up and saw her somehow sitting on one of her gaps, humming happily as she flipped through the grimoire. She glanced down at you and grinned, waving with her free hand.

“Ah to be young and in love! Or perhaps in your case, to be young and too naïve to know you're in love?” said Yukari with a happy sigh,

Love!? She's crazy! You didn't love Reimu! Well, you loved her as a friend sure, but you were sure Yukari meant like... love-love. That just wouldn't be right, would it? You were both girls and well... you did kiss, and you did kind of like it but... no, no wrong line of – gah! Wait that grimoire recorded your thoughts so that meant...!

As if to answer the question, the gap youkai laughed before snapping the grimoire shut and wagging her finger scoldingly, “That's right Reina, you can't hide your thoughts or inner feelings from me! Or rather, from the grimoire.” gently floating down to the ground, she pulled her fan out of somewhere and pointed it at you, “Still, I didn't expect this! You're such a newcomer and you've already stolen my lovely little Reimu's first kiss! And from what I can tell you enjoyed it quite well even... I wonder how she liked it, I imagine she liked it just as much, if not more. I do wonder if you're a good kisser...

The youkai snapped the fan open and held it close to her face, “Perhaps during your usual routine of questioning me, I'll have to find out... you've just made the race for Reimu's heart all the more interesting!”

This woman was crazy.

- - -

Trapped in your “mind” with her again huh?
[ ] Ah forget this, maybe you can make Valerie just wake you up or something
[ ] It's always about Yukari isn't it? Well why not Valerie for a change? (write-in)
[ ] Do you really have anything to ask Yukari today? (write-in)
[ ] … Are you a good kisser...?
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

This update is totally on time somewhere in the world or universe. Now then I've been thinking, RiG is rather slow-paced and there's not much interesting things in November. I've been thinking of having RiG start to timeskip some, right now to probably before Christmas.

This I think will help me update some, as it's getting difficult thinking up things to happen on a daily basis in RiG now and I don't think any of us want to get back to the:
[ ] Work
[ ] Don't work
Stuff again. Would any of you object to RiG starting to play the timeskip card, so that way updates can be more about actual things happening? I think I have an idea of what you all would have Reina do during a timeskip, but to be safe if I do place on out I shall let you all give me a general idea of what Reina will do during it.
>> No. 112164
[X] ... Are you a good kisser...?
-[X] ... Do you think Yuuka would be a good kisser?

The pressing questions of our time.
>> No. 112173
[x] Nothing really pressing comes to mind, wander around the dreamworld (stay away from the tree still though) and perhaps have some idle chatter with Yukari.
>> No. 112175
[X] ... Are you a good kisser...?
Good question
>> No. 112180
>>112163
Feel free to use timeskipping wherever reasonably applicable, just don't take away our Reimu time. You can reasonably just mention that boring, mundane stuff happened and now something interesting is going on.
>> No. 112181
>>112180
>Feel free to use timeskipping wherever reasonably applicable, just don't take away our Sanae time.

Fix-- wait, no.

>Feel free to use timeskipping wherever reasonably applicable, just don't take away our Marisa time.

That's bet-- er, wait.

>Feel free to use timeskipping wherever reasonably applicable, just don't take away our Yuuka time.

That's right.

But seriously, as long as Reina spends some time getting comfy with the most important ladies in her life (Reimu, Yuuka), and growing closer to her friends (everyone else), then we should be square.
>> No. 112182
>Now that you thought about it, she seemed more like a housewife then a shrine maiden. Whoever ended up putting the ring on her finger was going to have the easy life.
dohoho. Reina's harem keeps on growing.

[X] ... Are you a good kisser...?
-[X] ... Do you think Yuuka would be a good kisser?
[x] Nothing else pressing comes to mind, wander around the dreamworld (stay away from the tree still though) and perhaps have some idle chatter with Yukari.
[ø] Ask Valerie (name change!) whether she knows anything about the tree.

I wouldn't mind a timeskip to Christmas/New Years.
>> No. 112183
As far as time skipping goes, skip over the boring general days only bringing up interesting days (like new areas/characters being introduced)
>> No. 112185
Oh, I did typo the name. Somehow I keep thinking it's Valerie instead of Valeria.
>> No. 112186
[x] >>112182
>> No. 112272
File 126628671753.jpg - (293.12KB , 580x906 , 1dcd2950c252bd86c6fca60da55fd519.jpg ) [iqdb]
112272
[X] ... Are you a good kisser...?
-[X] ... Do you think Yuuka would be a good kisser?
[X] Nothing else pressing comes to mind, wander around the dreamworld (stay away from the tree still though) and perhaps have some idle chatter with Yukari.
[X] Ask Valeria whether she knows anything about the tree.

Ignoring Yukari for the moment, not having much on your mind tonight for a change, you decide to indulge your curiousity and see about exploring a bit. You had only been pretty much out in this field area here, but you could see a large mountain off in the distance, one that looked a lot like Youkai Mountain actually. But yet as you took steps towards it, it never seemed to grow any closer.

Frowning, you turn around and note you reach where you started a lot sooner then you would think. Deciding to experiment you head towards the mountain again counting each step, at forty you turn around. Counting on the way back you reach the field in only ten. The gap youkai had resumed her seating atop her gap and she couldn't help but watch you with an amused grin.

“Let me guess, I'm not really free to wander am I?”

Within limits mistress. It would be complicated to explain, but your dreamworld is only so large. You can see far off yes, but it still has borders and when you hit these you simply end up looping back to a spot. The borders are not exactly equal either. I'm not certain why this world is constructed in such a manner, but I suspect it is for your own safety, this may be your own mind but even your mind can be a dangerous place mistress.

“This area just happens to be completely safe. Without any real reference I can't be certain, but I believe every former owner has always ended up in this same area. I think your dreamworld is thus far the largest however if it's any consolation Reina.”

Well, guess you weren't going to unlock any sort of secrets to this area anytime soon. Still, what could be so dangerous in your own mind?

Quite a number of things actually mistress. This is a world created by you yes, but on a subconscious level, you do not have too much direct control over it. It reflects you, both good and bad. As you can tell, it is largely good but even the brightest person has dark things in the corner of their mind... and in a world like this, they take form.

Nodding your head, you point off towards the one dark spot in the area, “So then that tree... it symbolizes something my mind remembers or something? But I don't remember any tree like that... I mean, it looks like any other tree but well, I guess it looks a little different. Aside from that kind of dark foreboding sense I get.”

There was silence for a moment, and you swore the temperature in the air dropped a few degrees, “It is a sensitive issue to discuss mistress. As you suspect it is not just a common tree, but a specific one and it is a manifestation of a... problem. This is a prime example of something dark living within your mind in fact, it is thankfully a tree so it's danger level is low due to its inability to move. I cannot stress enough that you must avoid it at all costs mistress, it would be an unpleasant experience for you and possibly fatal.

“Fatal? This place isn't real though right?” you frown, “How can you die in a place that isn't real?”

Yukari shook her head, “This place is essentially both. Yes it only exists within your mind, but your mind is what used to perceive reality. If you were to say break your leg in here, when you awoke you would find your leg broken. So if you were to die here, you would die in 'reality' as well.”

Prying your gaze away from the tree, you nod, “I see. I guess it doesn't really make much sense, but I guess I'll take your word for it. I'm not much in the mood to try to experiment you know?”

“Oh you aren't Reina~? But I had a delightful experiment that is completely harmless in mind!” chimed in Yukari,

The youkai had suddenly appeared behind you, wrapping her arms around your waist and nuzzled your neck affectionately, “H-hey!? What do you think you're d-doing?!”

“Remember? I did say I had to find out if you were a good kisser! And don't even try to deny it, I can see your thoughts in here you know... I didn't see a single objection to the idea! Now don't tense up so much Reina, I assure you this will be harmless and very enjoyable~.”

Yukari somehow managed to maneuver herself to be facing you, rather then your back, and her grip around your waist had tightened a bit. If anything all your squirming to try to get free was only encouraging the youkai, at least judging from the grin on her face and how she squeezed your waist. She leaned her face forward a bit, stopping just an inch or so short of your nose.

“Squirm all you like Reina, trust me you'll enjoy this and no one even has to know~!”

“C-come on this isn't right! I mean, t-this isn't how you kiss someone!” you protest, trying to push Yukari away from you,

The youkai shook her head, causing some of her hair to tickle your face, “Maybe it isn't, but while you are doing your best to try to stop me... I can hear your heart racing in your chest. Your cheeks are flush, not with anger but embarrassment. Your mind only offers half-hearted resistance to the idea... it's something I like about you Reina, you're such a stranger even to yourself that it makes you so adorable and irresistible~!”

You opened your mouth to protest, but in that heartbeat Yukari made her move. Compared to your kiss with Reimu, being kissed by Yukari was... completely different. With Reimu it seemed much more gentle, timid... afraid perhaps? But Yukari seemed just... different, you couldn't really place it how. You felt her arms leave your waist, her hands instead lightly taking hold of the sides of your head holding it in place as she slightly drew back before kissing you again... and again. And again.

Thinking back to your first kiss you had been laying down, you sure wished you were in that situation again. Your knees felt kind of weak, and you found yourself having to take hold of the gap youkai's waist to steady yourself. Reimu's kiss had been something special, but Yukari's kiss was just... amazing and mind-numbing.

As you felt her tongue start to gently probe into your mouth, you widened your eyes in alarm, but to your shame (was it really shame?) you couldn't really find it in yourself to offer any resistance. Your mind wandered a bit now that it was fixated on the matter of kisses.

Yukari was probably so good at this whole kissing thing because of well, she was a youkai and all, she must've had experience or something! You couldn't help but wonder what Yuuka's kiss would be like... she had only kissed you on the forehead once and that still left quite the mark or something... right? Would she compare to this? You were kind of curious at the thought and – oh my god why were you thinking these things!?

Eventually Yukari drew her face back, licking her lips in satisfaction as she removed her hands from your head and grinned at you.

“I may have been doing all the work but my, oh my... that was quite enjoyable. So perhaps you're not a great kisser exactly... instead, you're a great person to kiss. I personally find that much more enjoyable...” she traced a finger down the side of your face, “ah there's so much I'd just love to do! But I think this might be enough out of me tonight... have to savor the hunt and all that right? And don't think I didn't catch those thoughts about Yuuka! My, my you sure have your goals set high Reimu and Yuuka? You never cease to amaze me Reina~.”

Dammit, you couldn't hide anything from Yukari in here! Don't think, don't think, don't think – that was a pretty nice kiss... dammit! The blonde youkai laughed, opening a gap as she stepped into it, waving at you.

“Good night my little Reina~! I'll pay you another visit soon I promise! Maybe when I see you next you'll be a nice grown up woman... if you know what I mean.” she teased with a grin.

~

In the morning you swear you could feel the lingering traces of Yukari's lips on your lips, and it was quite the distracting feeling. Before you and Reimu left the shrine, Sanae insisted on treating you both to a breakfast (to which of course Reimu had no objection) and after filling your stomach with some tasty food she thanked both of you for coming over and invited you over anytime you felt like it.

With your trip to the mountain done, the miko escorted you back home where she you found – to no real surprise – a note tacked to your door. Thinking back to the party, Remilia did have that job for you to do and it sure was going to be something different for a change. Reimu declined to come in, saying she had some things she had to do today, and thanked you for all your time.

To a bit of disappointment, she didn't even give you a kiss on the cheek before – wait, that didn't matter of course! It wasn't like you wanted her to kiss you! … Right? Right. … Riiight. Going through your usual morning routine, you read over Remilia's note, or rather Sakuya's due to the name signed on it, and note she has only requested you to build her a table and some chairs for now. Taking note of the materials and details, you place it in your workshop for now.

- - -

Preparing for... timeskip!?:
[ ] Work ethnic?
- [ ] Get the jobs done first!
- [ ] Place other things first?
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Training plan
- [ ] Only when going to Reimu's lessons
- [ ] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
- [ ] Seek out Marisa after your Reimu lessons?
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Friends...
- [ ] Write-in (No really. There's too many to really give a 'default' list)
[ ] Other? (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

I'm asking a lot from you all here I know, but do try your best. Next update will probably be pretty wall-like. Also hope that Yukari kiss scene didn't come off as too awkward or something, but I can't really think of the right words to put down what comes from my head.

Also more specific write-ins are best instead of broad. Just saying. Do remember to pick one from every category, and only one – excluding friends of course. In that case just one per character or something, maybe two. But yeah.
>> No. 112273
[x] Work ethnic?
- [x] Get the jobs done first!
[x] Training plan
- [x] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
[x] Friends...
- [x] Try to balance time with them; perhaps catching up with Marisa to even things out?

Reina's lucky she only got kissed; this is Yukari we're talking about.

As far as work, getting the work out of the way would be best, as for training, shoring up our flying ability would be more of a help than extra offense training. As for friends, sharing the love is best.
>> No. 112276
File 126628862737.jpg - (427.19KB , 500x707 , 0a1b4f6c635bd4240e2be3f2ea0f8e8a.jpg ) [iqdb]
112276
[x] Work ethnic?
- [x] Get the jobs done first!
[x] Training plan
- [x] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
- [x] Seek out Marisa after your Reimu lessons?
[x] Friends...
In order, from most to least:
-[x]Reimu Hakurei - During training and d-dinner d-d-dates...
--[x]Yuuka Kazami - Anytime while taking care of the garden and on lunches
---[x]Marisa Kirisame - During magic training/Flying training
----[x]Aya Shameimaru - During Breakfast and at random points during the day.
-----[x]Alice Margatraoid - When she goes to visit Marisa/Reimu and we happen to be training and everytime we need new clothes.
>> No. 112278
File 126629177256.jpg - (18.21KB , 350x300 , Sinsack Yuyuko 001.jpg ) [iqdb]
112278
[ø] Work ethnicethic?
- [ø] Get the jobs done first!
Diligent Reina.
[x] Training plan
- [x] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
- [x] Seek out Marisa after your Reimu lessons?
[x] Friends...
-[x]Reimu Hakurei - During training and d-dinner d-d-dates...
--[x]Yuuka Kazami - Anytime while taking care of the garden and on lunches
--[ø]Sanae Kochiya - Can't possibly go wrong with the green-haired, quasi-god shrine maiden. Let's make up for the dinner and breakfast that she treated us with.
--[x]Aya Shameimaru - During Breakfast and at random points during the day.
--[ø]Yuyuko & Youmu - More the merrier!
--[ø]Eientei - Reisen was pleasant to hang out with.
---[ø]Sakuya Izayoi - Let's try to get more than a sentence out of her when she visits us to pick up the items.
---[x]Marisa Kirisame - During magic training/Flying training
---[x]Alice Margatraoid - When she goes to visit Marisa/Reimu and we happen to be training and everytime we need new clothes.
---[ø]Patchouli Knowledge - Perhaps she can teach us magic other than danmaku.
---[ø]Yukari Yakumo - ...
---[ø]Myschi & Mokou - Grilled lamprey and yakitori are delicious.
----[ø]always be open to making new friends!
Changed the order a bit. W-what, don't stare at me, so I like this non-batshit-crazy Sanae. Also, Marisa and Alice are in such a good term with eachother, that I don't want to disturb them. The friends list is a little excessive, but if we're gonna have a time skip, mind as well have the details written out.
>> No. 112280
>>112276
>>112278

you forgot that Kriss said to only PICK ONE out of work ethic and one out of training.

I think you're making the friends plan a bit too complicated, risking an delayed update.
>> No. 112282
Hey don't be afraid of a delayed update, if it gets delayed because of it's length I'll let you know.

In theory it shouldn't, since I have little to do after work but stare at my computer all day. But it just depends on the day.
>> No. 112283
>>112280
well, in that case, I'll be changing (>>112278) from
>- [x] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
>- [x] Seek out Marisa after your Reimu lessons?
to
- [ø] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
>> No. 112285
>>112282
I don't mean length but complexity of figuring things out during the days skipped; something more simple allows you to wing it with greater ease.
>> No. 112304
>>112285
Ah yes I see what you mean now. I imagine either way it may seem a bit awkward, I haven't really written such a large amount of time passing without a vote somewhere before.

It'll be an interesting experience I think.
>> No. 112312
[X] Work ethic?
- [X] Get the jobs done first!
[X] Training plan
- [X] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
[X] Friends...
In order, from most to least:
-[X]Yuuka Kazami - Any time at all, but especially when gardening, and during lunch dates!
--[X]Reimu Hakurei - During training and dinners...
---[X]Marisa Kirisame - During magic training/Flying training
----[X]Aya Shameimaru - During Breakfast and at random points during the day.
-----[X]Alice Margatroid - When she goes to visit Marisa/Reimu and we happen to be training and every time we need new clothes.

Although, I have to say, I think that at a certain point we might want to get Yuuka involved in our training. She is an exemplar of strength and skill, after all.
>> No. 112320
>>112312
So, you're gonna make our MC's first date with Yuuka to be off-screen?
I wish I could hate you dead.
>> No. 112322
>>112320

She already had her first "date" with Yuuka. If that doesn't count as far as you're concerned, then I don't see why regularly eating lunch with her should count either. Routinely eating with someone, even if you go out, isn't quite the same thing as a date proper.
>> No. 112410
Yeah no update today, sorry. Stuff happened that I er, ended up doing over RiG right away sorry.

I've also started to become extremely tired as of late, and I seem to be having difficulty staying awake as I ended up waking up like 6 times last night during my sleep.
>> No. 112484
File 12664576971.jpg - (146.36KB , 1065x800 , b230277926c25c62f54caa9dd2eb959d.jpg ) [iqdb]
112484
[X] Work ethic?
- [X] Get the jobs done first!
[X] Training plan
- [X] Do some practice on the side, namely flying with Genjii
[X] Friends...
In order, from most to least:
-[X]Yuuka Kazami - Any time at all, but especially when gardening, and during lunch dates!
--[X]Reimu Hakurei - During training and dinners...
---[X]Marisa Kirisame - During magic training/Flying training
----[X]Aya Shameimaru - During Breakfast and at random points during the day.
-----[X]Alice Margatroid - When she goes to visit Marisa/Reimu and we happen to be training and every time we need new clothes.

Note: I didn't list all the friend things. Got too long, but I'll keep them in mind. However some just aren't too applicable, such as Yuyuko and Youmu as Reina has no way to visit them.

- - -

Winter was cold in Gensokyo. Very cold. You sort of missed when it was actually decently warm outside, but you did like the snow. Except for having to shovel it and all that, but you guess it was a small price to pay. Well, there was also the fact you had to keep throwing wood into the fire all day long, you remembered the one time you didn't and your door had frozen shut. That was a pretty bad day, thankfully Genjii was willing to get you to Reimu's so she could find Mokou to help thaw your door out.

Too bad Genjii finally got fed up with the cold weather and went somewhere, though he did promise to come back by spring or something. Anyway, you had grasped the basics of flight anyway, so you didn't really need him to fly around anymore but... he was a lot faster, and it was significantly less tiring. So far you had really only flown as far as Reimu's shrine and to Alice's a few times, any further and it was just too exhausting. You had tried going to the Youkai Mountain once... you were lucky when you passed out that Marisa found you instead of some hungry youkai – though you had to think they were all hibernating by now or something.

November had been a rather unspectacular month all in all, though you were kept rather busy by shifting your focus back to your work, you had managed to accumulate quite the backlog of orders from various villagers and you did have to maintain some sort of reputation. As you had discovered, thanks to Remilia, your talents did actually extend into building as well, although really only because the grimoire (or should you be calling Valeria?) pretty much detailed every single step. It was a bit tedious though, so you pretty much only did that service for your friends or for more important work, also you didn't like the looks some of the craftsmen in the village had been giving you when word started to spread...

With winter now firmly grasping Gensokyo you saw less and less of Yuuka, whom seemed to really dislike this season in particular. You guess you could understand, with the snow blanketing the ground your garden had long died out and only the trees had survived the cold. It was probably rather devastating to Yuuka to see all her precious flowers gone during the winter, she always did seem rather glad to see you, probably because you were her 'last' precious flower.

As you threw some more wood onto the fire, your teeth chattered a bit as you heard a gust of wind whistle through an open window somewhere, you knew you hadn't left one open so that meant it had to be...

“Geez, it's freezing in here!” complained the crow, you hear her slam the window shut, “I don't know you can stand it Reina.”

Laughing you throw a few more logs onto the fire, “Barely. I feel like I'm half-frozen. From what Keine has told me, I have to wonder how Mokou stands it having to live out in a little shack out in the bamboo forest.”

“Oh that's easy, she can make fire and all you know? She's probably never cold.” answered Aya dismissively, “Busy at work I see? I don't see how you and Reimu get along so well, she's so lazy and you're so diligent! Maybe what they say about opposites attracting isn't too false...”

You could feel a bit of heat in your cheeks at the crow's usual teasing, ok so maybe yeah you and Reimu had been spending a lot of time together lately – doing friend things you know? Going out to eat, the occasion sleepover, doing a job or two for free, her still beating you up in lessons... but that was no means to say she was your girlfriend as Aya kept assuming. Over the last month you had gotten just a bit more comfortable with the whole 'girls liking girls' thing, not personally of course but well...

It seemed like it wasn't that unusual around Gensokyo. From the rumors you had heard, Mokou and Keine may actually have been dating for a while, though you had no real evidence to prove otherwise, and you doubt either would say anything. Marisa though? She was another matter, you had seen her going out on a date with Alice – and it wasn't even a rumor, she would happily admit it despite Alice's protests. Still, there were a lot of rumors about Marisa in general really, some townsfolk seemed to think she was also dating Patchouli, or Nitori, or even Flandre! What strange rumors indeed...

Ignoring the tengu's usual banter, you head back to your work, “So what brings you here Aya? I know you usually don't come by around this time since it isn't the morning.”

“Just a special delivery! I'm sure you knew ahead of time, but you know how Remilia can be about formally inviting people to stuff.” the crow shrugged and fished a sealed letter out from the folds of her coat, “Here ya go.”

The letter looked rather normal, aside from having your named scribble on the front of course, but it was obvious it was from Remilia. Mainly because it had her seal stamped on the back, and she event went so far as to seal it in wax, she was rather old-fashioned like that. It was no doubt your 'official' invitation to her yearly Christmas party (it seemed she threw all the parties around here, although you heard the Moriya Shrine handled the parties for the Youkai Mountain), of course she had already personally done so weeks ago.

Speaking of that party, you had done a whole ton of work for the thing, and you swore if you didn't work this hard (and have to respectfully decline some other jobs due to time constraints) you probably would've had to miss the party entirely.

“Thanks for the delivery Aya, did she also give you a message or anything?”

Aya shrugged, “Oh just the normal. You know bring a guest or something. Oh and to also dress warm so you won't freeze on the way in, but I can vouch the interior of the mansion is quite warm. The lake is frozen over in this time of the year too, but don't try walking over it. Watch out for Cirno too, she gets a lot more active in the winter and I'm sure the last thing you want is for her to freeze you.”

Not that you really expected Cirno to be much of a challenge, if you beat her a few months back you shouldn't have much problem beating her now with even more lessons under your belt. Although, you really only beat her because your spell card surprised her and you really hadn't gone about making anymore recently... oh well, you're sure your normal skills were up to the task now. Or well, maybe if you weren't constantly half-frozen.

“Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be careful. You be careful on the way back too, alright? I'd invite you to stay over, but I bet you'd freeze in here.”

“Probably, you don't have a nice heated house like all of us at the mountain. Really respect the kappa and their talent in technology... you really should try getting Nitori to come down here, see what she could do to your house.”

“I'll keep it in mind, before you go you want some hot chocolate or anything? I think I can get the stove going...”

Rubbing her hands together the tengu shrugged, “If I'm all the way out here already why not? I think I can stave off this cold for a little bit.”

~

After the tengu left, and helping yourself to some of your own hot chocolate, you returned to your workshop to put the finishing touches on today's order before finally calling it a day. It was tough to tell time now, you weren't really that good at it, but the sun was still up so you didn't think it could've been that late at all.

Remilia's invite had come a bit short-notice, but it wasn't like Halloween where you needed some costume or anything so it wasn't too bad. Though you may have a bit of a problem finding a guest to bring, or more likely an escort all things considered.

I do think the word you are working for is a 'date', mistress.” commented Valeria,

“Oh quiet you, we've been over this before. Going out to lunch or dinner, or spending time together with my friends does not make it a date! And don't go claiming the whole thing Yukari does by saying you know me better then me!” you snapped.

Valeria chuckled in amusement, “Of course mistress, I apologize. Do try to stay warm, saying you froze to death would be a very unsatisfying end to your story. You had already avoided that once.

“Don't remind me... I know my limits this time.”

- - -

Cold winter day...
[ ] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.
[ ] Better go see Reimu, she's probably get an invite already but...
[ ] You can worry about the invite later, do something else. (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> December 22nd
> Remilia's Christmas party is on the 24th

Ok some serious business down here now. First shot at a timeskip, sorry if it's what you may have expected, but even if it's not written Reina did more then what is listed.

Now that aside, here's the serious part. I'm working on another CYOA, no not posted, but the concept and plot (something I think RiG is lacking), amongst other things. I do want to write it, either here in /th/ or use the specific boards with it possibly jumping around when it “starts” somewhere else. RiG will not get abandoned, I will either keep writing it alongside it (although expect a slowing in updates) or it will get put on hiatus.

Now why am I doing this? Well to be frank, RiG is tiring me. When I started it updating came easily, I could type up almost three pages of text in under an hour. The ideas came easily because the well was full, now after months and months of updating? The well is starting to dry up and I'm finding it harder and harder to figure out what to do.

I also feel RiG has no real plot going for it, the only thing it has going for it seems is having likeable characters. Maybe you disagree, maybe you don't, but I want to get your input. Even if I start the new CYOA, it'll probably still be a few weeks at the least. Maybe a week, who knows?
>> No. 112491
[X] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.

I am imagining her all curled up on her little bed, in the little raggedy house she claimed, all alone, and depressed by the withering of oh so many flowers. It makes me sad.

Plus, once again, she is the least likely to have gotten an invitation to the mansion, and I'll be damned if I let her spend Christmas all by herself, cold, and despondent.

As far as what you should write, kriss, I say you go forward with whatever ideas you have. If you don't then they'll just fester back there and get you distracted, so best to let it all out.
>> No. 112496
As long as you can continue writing, that's good. I've consistently enjoyed reading the character interaction going on in RiG for a while now. A lot of stories love their plots and drama but a story with character interaction can be just as good.

I'm not saying RiG doesn't have the potential to have plot. There's still a big question mark over the Grimoire and what its purpose is other than to be read by Yukari and record the owner's life story. Something to be curious about are the mysterious dissapearances of some owners who didn't seem to have trouble at all.

With that aside...

Freezing? Isn't central heating a common household feature by now? Which brings up some thoughts about home improvement.

What has Reina been doing with her money in the first place other than daily necessities? She must have some profits with all that work she's been doing. If not for luxuries, can't we get some kappa technology, for AT LEAST central heating in the house?

If I were to give a metaphor, it's as if Reina's a Sim on low will, just doing what she can to live with Anon just occasionally deciding to pick which people to interact with or which things to do.

I guess we should hit that Buy or Build option so Reina has a more comfortable life?

With that done.

[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.

Yuuka needs all the attention we can give her during this season. As Reina is her 'last' precious flower afterall.

[x] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.

On that note, just what sort of things can be improved on the house with what Reina has in money from her work now? It'd be nice to NOT be at risk of freezing to death anymore, or any other deaths which could be catagorized as death by negligence. Also, some self investment into the restoring business wouldn't be too bad, get some better tools if she can and whatnot.
>> No. 112500
On the topic of Reina's house, keep in mind she owned it in a pretty out of the way location. It's a pretty basic house, and it lacks in many modern things we all take for granted.

Money-wise, Reina isn't filthy rich but she's rather well-off now. Remilia is her top client who likes to tip big, the other jobs are mostly just smalltime as they're from villagers whom don't have much money.

I will admit that Reina is a little bit like a Sim, the choices I make her do when you are not given a vote is based on what I've seen anon vote for commonly. If you want her to do other things, like improving her living conditions, you will have to actually go out and do it.

For instance her default options have not ever shown this because I haven't seen much interest in this option, so it is not "defaulted". RiG is a bit like Harvest Moon, if you want to get a better house you'll have to go out and find someone to do it. In this case the kappa are a good bet for most anything related to improvements, though a villager is more likely to handle things such as house expansion (Kappa prefer technology over wood).
>> No. 112503
[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.
Reimu is true love but Yuuka is a mother figure. And those should not stay on their houses during a neighborhood party.
>> No. 112504
[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.
-[x] Double check the distance as to see if it's within your distance.
[x] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.

I'm looking forward to more plot bits as it thickens.
>> No. 112515
[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.

[x] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.

>>112496
Japan isn't big into the notion of central heating, unfortunately. Something to do with making houses less horrifically hot in the summertime, I think, or maybe that was the reason for no insulation. I forget the details of the story I heard.
>> No. 112518
[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.

[x] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.

This will do
>> No. 112526
[ø] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.

[ø] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.
>> No. 112531
>>112515
But I don't think Reina was japanese or lived in japan. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>> No. 112533
[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.

[x] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.
>> No. 112535
[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.
[x] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.
This is fine, though "small little"? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DepartmentOfRedundancyDepartment much?
>> No. 112558
File 126654605166.jpg - (241.60KB , 729x486 , bad6166c610d56206ef220211957eac0.jpg ) [iqdb]
112558
[x] Yuuka has some small little house nearby, she should be there.
[x] After meeting with Yuuka, see to solving that heating problem, and any other ones which can be deemed necessary, with the Kappa if they can be hired with what money you have.

After taking a moment to ensure all your winter clothing, hand-made by Alice of course, was properly fitted and doing its best to keep you warm, you hop off the ground and... well don't fall back down, instead hovering just a little bit off the ground. Flight was still pretty new to you so you couldn't really take off all fancy like or anything, or just rocket off like Marisa or Aya.

Slowly rising higher and higher into the sky you start to float off in the general direction of Yuuka's house, or where she said she would be. You didn't really think it was her house exactly, if anything it may have belonged to someone unfortunate enough to anger her judging by the first time you met her. Still even if you didn't have exact directions, you knew where it was simply because there weren't any other houses out this far from the village.

Reaching your destination, you float back down to the ground and knock on the door. You notice there's no smoke rising from the chimney, you worry a bit for Yuuka's health if she's freezing in there. The door creaks open a bit and you can make out a red eye in the darkness, it almost seems... menacing. But only for a moment, it widens in surprise and the door is thrown open.

“Little flower, what are you doing here? I must admit, I am surprised...”

You wonder how she manages to stay warm, she's wearing what she always wears... only now she has a scarf around her neck and some mittens. She has to be freezing!

“I came to see you of course! You have to be freezing, just look at you! No fire going and you aren't even wearing proper winter clothes!” you sigh and shake your head, “Going to have me worry about you Yuuka.”

The green-haired youkai shakes her head, “I'm more resilient to the elements then you dear Reina, do not go worrying about me. I must ask again, what brings you hear little flower? I would not want to see my precious flower freeze up on me...”

Rubbing your hands together you nod, “Well I did want to check up on you and also...” carefully digging around in your pockets, a difficult task with your mittens in the way, you eventually retrieve the invite from Remilia, “would you like to come? It's an invite to Remilia's Christmas party, and you know she likes to have people bring a guest.”

“That vampire sure does enjoy her parties it seems...” there is a flicker of sorrow on the youkai's face, but she quickly covers it up with a small smile, “but of course I shall go with you Reina. I imagine it is on the 24th?”

“Yup! This one seems to be in the morning instead of at night, which makes sense I guess. If you're awake at night, Santa won't come and give you your presents you know!”

Yuuka shakes her head, “My, my you act like such a child sometime my little flower. Very well, I shall come to your house on the night of the 23rd then? That way we can leave in the morning for your party, is that acceptable Reina?”

“Of course! I'll look forward to it Yuuka. Ah and you can just dress normally, it's just Christmas so you don't need to go and wear a costume or anything.”

The flower youkai chuckles, “Of course my little flower. Now, not to be rude, but if you have no more business with me, I would like it if you would quickly find yourself some place warm before you get sick. I would invite you inside, but I imagine my house is just as cold as the outside so it would do little to help you little flower.”

Rubbing your covered hands together you nod, “Just need to make one last stop then I'll be getting to somewhere warm... well warmer, I hope the fire doesn't go out again like last time, that was a pain...”

Saying your good bye to Yuuka, you return to the air digging about in your pockets for your map of Gensokyo. Pulling it out you try to figure out a rough idea of where you are, gauging the distance to the Youkai Mountain from here... you knew it was pretty much on the limits of your flying endurance, at least in one trip, but you should at least be able to get close enough... in theory anyway.

Famous last words mistress.” commented Valeria,

You wanted to argue with her but you had to admit she was right. Going without knowing for sure could just result in you passing out again, and this time you may not be so lucky and end up freezing to death – or worse. Folding the map back up you reconsider your plan. You had quite a bit of money saved up from all of Remilia's jobs, and it would be nice to do some improving around the house... maybe the village, you weren't certain but who knows, maybe the Kappa had some kind of branch out there or something.

Heading off to the village instead you quickly start to ask some of the villagers if they know anything about Kappa working here, to your surprise they do mention they do seem them around though it takes you some time to figure out an exact location. When you did find it you had to admit it should've been fairly obvious, they had the own building with multiple chimneys and you could hear the sound of... well, something coming from inside.

Opening the door and heading inside you are surprised at the warmth in the room, in your winter clothing it's enough to make you start to sweat a little bit. You can only see one kappa at the register, though you can still hear a bunch of sounds in the background, just how many kappa were working here anyway?

The kappa glances up from her book, “Oh! A customer! I didn't really expect... ah, nevermind. Welcome to the Kappa's workshop! I mean, it's not really the name but I guess it fits right? Well, what brings you here? I don't see a lot of customers here, you humans usually seem to prefer cheaper stuff.”

Pulling off your mittens and your scarf, you approach the counter, “Er well actually I was seeing if you could possibly help me out a bit... you see I kind of have a house and with it being winter and all it's kind of cold... the old fireplace isn't doing all that good, you understand right?”

She rubbed her chin in thought, excusing herself for a moment she disappeared into the store for a few moments before returning, “It's a bit of an unusual request, but I guess you're that new outsider I've heard about eh? We can think of something but, it'll be a bit tricky... you humans don't have the stuff we have up in the mountain. Still it does sound like an interesting job...” she pulls out a piece of paper and scribbles something on it, “it ain't gonna be cheap though.”

Taking the paper you look at it, letting out a low whistle, “I guess I can see why you don't get much business, er no offense of course...”

“Ah none taken, don't worry about it. I will say it'll be worth every ryo, we take pride in our work! Our customers are few but they're always satisfied in the end. So think ya can afford it human?”

Doing a quick mental counting of your funding you should have little problem affording it, still it would be quite the dent in your money... agreeing to the price you give her the location of your house and give her the money you had on you for an upfront payment, noting the rest was at home. You'd go and get it of course but with the cold well... it was a good thing she was an agreeable kappa. She mentioned that there would be some kappa over shortly to get a look at the place and get the plans started, they didn't expect to get the job done though for at least a few days.

Thanking the kappa for her time you put your winter gear back on and headed out back into the cold.

- - -

Well maybe you'll finally get some heat in the house!
[ ] Brrr, it's freezing... maybe it's warm at Reimu's.
[ ] It's been a while since you've visited Keine...
[ ] Doesn't Hieda live kind of close by here?
[ ] Other (write-in)

System:
> Kappa hired!
> Funding is 'Great'.

I'm going to stop putting up the inventory and spellcards every single update. It's kind of pointless since it doesn't change much. And yes Reina's money will just be measured by some kind of status word.
>> No. 112562
While we are home improving why don't we enlarge the house as well, so that Reina can finally have a living room, proper dining area, etc? I wonder if the Kappa will do such work as well. Doing this in winter might be a little weird, but it's worth a try, imo.

[ø] It's been a while since you've visited Keine...
>> No. 112566
[ ] It's been a while since you've visited Keine...
Visiting Reimu for warmth might not be such a good idea, japanese houses aren't really insulated or anything and can be downright chilly... Unless it meant warming each other with... Oh yes.
[x] Brrr, it's freezing... maybe it's warm at Reimu's.
>> No. 112567
[x] Brrr, it's freezing... maybe it's warm at Reimu's.
Considering how many jobs did she do for the SDM and how well they pay... I think she's mildly rich right now.
Also: Kriss, have you considered adding some PLOT to the story? The description you made on that dead end was kind of cool, so I think you could pull it off.
>> No. 112568
[X] It's been a while since you've visited Keine...

Let's see how the teacher's doing.
>> No. 112574
>>112567
Now that I read it back, it sounds kind of dickish. 'PLOT' with capslockon means a typical shonen adventure, pretty much like all of the others (MC+Touhou against unknown enemies or other Touhous) Which is different than the RiG kind of "Slice of life" CYOA.
I didn't mean as an insult or anything.
>> No. 112586
[X] It's been a while since you've visited Keine...
>> No. 112589
[X] It's been a while since you've visited Keine...

On the PLOT matter, RiG is doing fine. We don't need new enemies, but a small incident by a known youkai could spice up things.
>> No. 112590
>>112589
Or maybe some love rivalry or jealousy to spice things up, or visiting a new area, like the underground for example. There's plenty of options really. Too bad the case with Alice was resolved so quickly, it could have been a minor plot fodder as well. Also, plot doesn't have to be epic, just add a bit of spice here and there in the form of problems or, as was mentioned, minor incidents.
>> No. 112595
[X] Brrr, it's freezing... maybe it's warm at Reimu's.
>> No. 112608
>>112589
the hints of the book's nature are fine, and you've always been saying you wanted to introduce Tenshi, so why not? She could be the cause of that incident Turtle's talking about.
>> No. 112686
Just to throw in two cents, default options are pretty much what they say. Don't think there's some sort of hidden meaning behind them or anything.

Writing now, and I'm sure this update isn't late somewhere in the world!
>> No. 112692
File 126668373685.jpg - (171.72KB , 515x700 , 53fbd2b9da883310db8a10e28b055f45.jpg ) [iqdb]
112692
[X] It's been a while since you've visited Keine...

As you round the corner to the schoolhouse you are surprised to find the children laughing and happily engaged in a snowball fight, or maybe a war judging by how they seemed to have split off into two sides. Keine sits on the rock in the middle of the 'warzone' as the children hurl snowballs at one another, she seems to be focused on reading a book but you suspect she's still got quite the eye on all her students.

Now getting to her might be a slight problem with all the snowballs flying around but...hey, it's just like danmaku right? Readying yourself you take a few steps forward and start your quick dance through the crossfire of snowballs, it wasn't too difficult plus it seemed they stopped throwing once they noticed you trying to cross. Well guess you weren't trying to show off to anyone or anything so...

“You didn't do to bad Reina, though you do tend to move a little more then you have to.” commented Keine matter-of-factly, without even looking up from her book, “Still, very impressive for an outsider. Reimu has taught you well.”

“Er, well it wasn't like I was trying to show off or anything...” you say sheepishly.

The schoolteacher smiled, looking up from her book, “Of course. Its been a while Reina, it's nice to see you though. Just stopping by?”

“I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd drop by. The ah... students, seem to be having fun.”

“Children always like to play in the snow it seems. You know you can just call them children, even youkai have their child phase. Even if it may last for a century or two.”

“Never did snow much back home... do you like the snow Keine?”

Closing her book, she nods her head, “I do. Mokou doesn't particularly like it however, though she doesn't really like any weather but the sun. Snow is just so beautiful, you know? It's much more visually appealing then rain, although rain has a much more soothing sound, makes good sleeping background.”

“I guess you have a point. Seeing everything covered in snow was rather nice... of course it is kind of a pain to shovel it all, and then there's the whole cold thing to. Guess you have to look on the bright side of everything and not the dark side, eh?”

“Can't dwell on the downsides no. May I ask you something Reina? I'm not one to often pay attention to rumors but, well I heard an interesting one.”

You had a funny feeling you already had an idea as to what this 'rumor' was...

“Offhand it wouldn't happen to involve Reimu, would it?”

The youkai nods her head, “I would think it odd if you hadn't heard. But yes that very rumor, I'm sorry if I'm prying but I'm kind of curious myself as to your relationship with her. I know you visit their quite often and she's been teaching you danmaku and combat, so I know you two are at least friends. The rumor is that you two may be a bit more then that however... is it true Reina?”

- - -

Er, well...
[ ] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
[ ] G-girlfriend!? S-she's just your friend!
[ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Ask Keine anything? (write-in)
- [ ] Isn't she dating Mokou?

Sorry for how ah, short this is. I'm having difficultly typing, my spacebar is somewhat broken. It only works correctly sometimes, not sure why. I'm afraid if I try to pry the spacebar off I might break it. This is a laptop keyboard after all.
>> No. 112693
[ø] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
>> No. 112694
[T] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
-[T] She is your close friend and you spend a lot of time with her.
[T] Ask Keine anything?
-[T] Isn't she dating Mokou?

When are we going to choose our true love anyway?
>> No. 112695
[x] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
Let's leave it at that, or she'll have a heart attack.
>> No. 112696
>When are we going to choose our true love anyway?
I think she has already chosen. It doesn't always have to be sudden. In fact, I like how it is going here: a gradual and smooth transition from friend to.. y'know.
>> No. 112701
[x] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
>> No. 112703
[X] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
>> No. 112719
[x] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...

I don't have a problem with things are going, and Yuuka would make a nice mother figure.
>> No. 112720
[x] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
>> No. 112727
[Q] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
>> No. 112729
[x] Damn right she is. We are. Er... Whatever, yeah. I'm hitting that.
>> No. 112803
File 126681402460.jpg - (89.57KB , 400x400 , d9f3866aef53681c1e70a5f80701cc1c.jpg ) [iqdb]
112803
[x] She's not your girlfriend but er ah, the idea is uhm...
[x] Ask Keine anything?
-[x] Isn't she dating Mokou?

“Uhm, well... n-no, she's not my girlfriend but uhm... the idea doesn't sound so... n-nevermind!” you say quickly, your face quite red from embarrassment.

Did you really almost say you wanted Reimu to be your girlfriend!? At least only Keine heard that, she didn't seem like the gossiping time, now if it had been Aya, oh boy... all of Gensokyo would hear about it before the day was through you bet.

“I see, very interesting.” the schoolteacher smiles, “Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. But I will say it makes me rather happy, you're a nice girl Reina and you do compliment Reimu quite nicely... she's too lazy to really make much of a living, but here you are! A hard, diligent worker who can help support her, and you're a good cook too. I think Reimu's mom would be happy.”

“Er, y-you think so? Hypothetically asking of course!”

“Of course, but yes I mean every word. I always wondered if Reimu would ever find someone she likes, you're much better then Marisa may have been. Not to say I'm badmouthing her of course, I just think well...” the youkai frowns, rubbing her chin, “I just feel she doesn't understand what a relationship is supposed to be. I must say I worry for Alice sometimes...”

Come to think of it, she did seem rather fond of Marisa right? She didn't like you at first based purely on a misunderstanding after all...

“May I ask you something sort of personal Keine?” you ask, she nods in approval, “Since we're on the topic of rumors, I've heard one myself about you - “

“And Mokou?” she finishes with a smile, “I thought you would've heard that one. Well you answered me a personal question, so it is only fair I do the same. Yes me and Mokou have been dating, not for too long though in comparison to how long we've known each other. Don't go telling anyone though! Mokou acts all tough, but she doesn't like talking about this sort of thing.”

“R-really? Uhm, how is it going on a well... you know, a date?”

“It is different from person to person really, a date is just like spending time with a friend I think. The only difference is in how it ends, or what you do during it. Generally during a date you'll do things a bit more romantically of course, and it may involve a bit of kissing as a result.” Keine briefly touches her lips, her expression seems quite happy, as if recalling a fond memory, “And before you think of asking, no it is not quite so unusual around here. If you ever feel like asking her out well... don't be shy!”

You imagine your face is quite red right now, if simply judging by the burning you feel in your cheeks, “R-right! Uhm, t-thanks for your time Keine but uhm, I guess I shouldn't distract you from your students anymore!”

The youkai laughs, getting up from her seat, “Of course Reina, have a good day. Don't hesitate to come see me if you have anything to ask.”

~

You can't believe you just had that conversation! You didn't know Keine all that well, and there you went blabbing about how you had considered, well... having a girlfriend! And that girlfriend would be Reimu! It's not like you didn't like her but, did you like her? She was a good friend and a sort of mentor too... plus, there was the fact you did have your first kiss but did that mean...?

Your inner thoughts are always quite amusing when it comes to Reimu, mistress. Would it not be easier to simply admit you may possibly think of her as more then a friend?” suggested Valeria,

“Oh quiet you.” you grumble quietly to yourself.

Well, you should probably get going back home soon or you'd probably find your door frozen shut again.

“Heeeeey! Reina! Over 'ere!” yelled a voice from down the street.

Halting in your steps you look over your shoulder to find Marisa and Alice, the witch is sporting her usual happy grin as she waves you over.

“Marisa and Alice, it's nice to see you.” you say in greeting.

“Always a pleasure Reina, I do hope my winter clothing is helping you stay warm.”

“It's wonderful! I mean, I'm still always a bit cold, but I guess I can blame that on the lack of heating at home.” you shrug, “What are you two doing around here? Shopping or something?”

“Naw, not really. Just ya know, takin' a walk and all that.” answers Marisa matter-of-factly, “I could ask ya the same thing though! Saw ya walkin' out of the schoolhouse, and I know you're not a student.”

“Oh you know, just having a chat with Keine is all.”

Probably best to not mention what that chat was about of course. Marisa could be quite the chatterbox with little warning...

The black-white nodded, “Well that makes sense. Hope ya didn't get pegged too hard by a snowball or anythin', Cirno likes to make iceballs sometimes, those can hurt a bit...”

Alice frowned, “You almost had to get stitches when she hit you in the forehead that one time.”

“That was one time! And it only happened 'cause I wasn't payin' attention ya know? Besides, you were pretty good at patchin' me up anyway ze!”

By the look Marisa is getting, you get the feeling they're about to have one of their little spats. Oddly you had always thought they looked like a married couple when they did this, and there was that rumor they were dating...

- - -

Well, you could wait or slip away pretty easy right now...
[ ] Escape! Gotta get home you know?
[ ] May as well wait, you've got something(s) on your mind... (write-in)
[ ] Other

Writing with an semi-broken spacebar is annoying.
>> No. 112805
[x] Escape! Gotta get home you know?

Getting inside the somewhat warm house would be good, that and I have no subjects on mind.
>> No. 112806
[x] Escape! Gotta get home you know?

Hasta.
>> No. 112810
[x] Escape! Gotta get home you know?
>> No. 112818
[x] Escape! Gotta get home you know?
>> No. 112826
[x] Escape! Gotta get home you know?
Seeyalateralwaysapleasuregoodluckwiththatalice
>> No. 112855
It's too boring to just let Marisa and Alice be, yet I'm having a hard time coming up with a write-in to do otherwise.
[ø] Is it true that you are d-dating each other?
[ø] *blush furiously*
>> No. 112856
>>112855

I never thought it was possible for a write-in to make me feel physically ill.
>> No. 112858
>>112856
Well, now you know it's possible.

[x] Escape! Gotta get home you know?
>> No. 112859
Remember how I said I've been getting extremely tried at early parts of the day lately? Yeah, this is one of those days. Update delayed until tomorrow at best. Or tomorrow morning at best really.
>> No. 112910
Again very tired, update started but not completed. I'm really sorry but I have no idea why I'm so tired lately.

On the flipside, sort of, I'll have some ah, hospital stuff (nothing life-threatening) Thursday that should leave me some of that day open, and then Friday and the weekend. I'll try to get an update up by tomorrow however, please bare with me.
>> No. 112921
>>112910
Ow...
Take care.
>> No. 112925
>>112910
Take all the time you need.
Your health is more important than a story, after all.
>> No. 112927
Oh it's nothing serious, it's just ah a personal thing I'd rather not discuss. But it's nice to know people are looking out for me.
>> No. 112954
File 126705875383.jpg - (749.88KB , 913x1200 , d494f252c242d223d6b0c7c739e6757b.jpg ) [iqdb]
112954
[x] Escape! Gotta get home you know?

The two seem rather focused on their argument, they aren't even looking in your direction... and your house certainly isn't going to get any warmer if you don't check that fire. Maybe you could just slip away and they wouldn't notice until it's too late... though, really, if either wanted to find you they did know where you live.

Still, if they had anything important to tell you, they would've told you that rather then argue right? Right. Seems they had moved on from snowball injuries, to something about Marisa's habit of eating odd mushrooms and the ones that sometimes had bad side effects for Alice, probably something to do with how she's a youkai or something.

It was time for you to exit stage that-a-way though.

“Reina never complained about my cooking!” grumbled the witch.

“Oh it's always Reina this or Reina that, why don't you just - “

You quickly make your escape before their arguing makes them remember you were even there.

~

To your relief your door had not yet frozen shut, but the fire was on its last legs by the time you arrived and there was little warmth to greet your return. You really hoped those kappa could do something, they certainly did charge a lot for their services... as you tossed some wood onto the fire you heard the door open, followed by the sound of numerous feet before long you found your kitchen filled with a team of kappa. They practically pushed you aside as they investigated your fireplace, their chattering full of disapproval and shock.

“This is supposed to be from the outside!?”

“What kind of person could live in this old place...?”

“Are you sure this is a real job and not some kind of joke?”

… It's like they don't even know you're here. Still, perhaps its for the best as they begin to dive into a bunch of technical chatter, something about what sort of invention they could stick in place of the fireplace. You just hoped as they worked they'd at least remember to keep the fire going so you don't freeze.

Retreating from your own kitchen you decide you'll just take refuge in your room for now, there wasn't much work to do and with all that chatter you'd find it hard to concentrate anyway. Your room wasn't much warmer then any other room in the house but at least you'd be alone for a while to do... something.

“Hey there Reina!” announced Aya cheerfully, waving at you as you entered your room,

The tengu's presence in your room takes you by surprise, and you find yourself quickly scanning your room to see that nothing has been tampered with.

“Aya, what are you doing here?”

The tengu follows your gaze, shrugging, “Oh I just followed the kappa of course. Not much goes on around here I don't know about! And stop looking around like that, it's not like I've been here long enough to dig through your stuff. Ah, not that I would do such a thing of course!” added Aya hastily,

“Right, of course...” you say with a slight frown, “you still didn't tell me what you're doing here though Aya, er that is specifically why you're in my room.”

“Well there's a bunch of kappa downstairs, you know how much noise and commotion they make when they get a thing to tinker with? I figured you'd come up here anyway. As for the why, well I just happen to be playing delivery girl today! Got you some mail.”

Aya dug around in her coat and eventually pulled out a pair of envelopes. One you had to guess was from Reimu, judging by the familiar yin-yang symbol on it, but the other was unmarked. Taking them you decided to open the one from Reimu first, within was an invitation from Reimu to come over to the shrine Christmas night. She did acknowledge you had probably been invited to Remilia's hence why the invite was for that night, rather then the morning of the party, seems she had planned to leave the party around noon or so.

Stashing the letter away for now, you examine the unmarked one curiously before opening it and pulling out the letter within. There was nothing inside but “Hi” written in large letters with a heart drawn after it, who the hell would send you this...?

“Hi!” said Yukari cheerfully, her hand waving at you,

Jumping back in surprise, you find the tengu following your gaze to find Yukari's disembodied hand waving from a gap, she seems much less impressed then you.

“Really such a show off with that ability. Using the hand to distract Reina from the fact you're standing behind her.”

Before you could react to that information, you felt an arm wrap about your waist as you were pulled into an embrace.

“Awww, you ruined the surprise Aya! You never were followed by my tricks.” the gap youkai sighs, “I even got up early today to try and surprise Reina! Though at least you gave her my letter so she was distracted~.”

Aya chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her head, “S-sorry about that Reina, Yukari is very convincing.”

“Geez, this place is absolutely freezing! You're gonna freeze to death in your sleep at this rate! I know you've got those kappa working for you, but this is dangerous to your health. Yes, yes I must make sure to keep my rival in good health so it's a fair fight!” Yukari released you from her grip and spun you around to face her before grabbing your shoulders, “Why don't you stay at my house until they're done! I'll even leave a note to let them know you're in my loving care! It's all nice and warm in my house, and Ran will cook you delicious meals~.”

- - -

Surprise Yukari!
[ ] Go to that crazy person's house!? No way!
[ ] Well, it is cold...
[ ] Other (write-in)
>> No. 112955
[x] Well, it is cold...

Why not enjoy some luxury, that and it means we get to bug her more for the time being.
>> No. 112957
[ø] Well, it is cold...
Yakumo time
>> No. 112958
[x] Well, it is cold...
>> No. 112960
[X]Well, it is cold...

Am I the only one thinking Yukari might try a 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em', or some similar approach once she realizes she's already lost to Reina?
>> No. 112968
>>112960
I can get behind this.
>> No. 112970
Going to try for a Reimu and Yukari combo now are ya? At least I think that's what you're implying... a sleepy brain isn't very smart.
>> No. 112972
>>112960
I cna live with a Reina/Reimu/Yukari trio, but I just voted the way I did so Reina could enjoy some luxury. Yukari would never skimp on luxury for her house.
>> No. 112973
[X] Well, it is cold...

Time to hopefully whether some molestation alongside Ran, and have Yukari insist on Reina sharing someone's bed.

>>112970

I have to wonder if any us are limiting ourselves down to a mere two women.
>> No. 112986
[X]Well, it is cold...
>Is always Reina this or Reina that!
Does anyone remember when Marisa was the target? ;_;
>> No. 112988
>Does anyone remember when Marisa was the target? ;_;

She was only the target in your mind.
>> No. 112989
>>112986
She was one of the targets along with Yuuka, though at this rate, Reimu (and perhaps Yukari) will be girlfriend(s) with Yuuka as the mother figure.
>> No. 112990
>>112986

Marisa was never the target.
>> No. 112995
[x] Well, it is cold...
Indeed, Marisa was never even considered by more than one or two people.
>> No. 112999
>>112988
>>112990
Hi! Welcome to THP! You can check the archives in http://z4.invisionfree.com/touhouvn/index.php?showtopic=176
>> No. 113000
>>112999

Hi! You're an idiot! I was always focused on Yuuka!
>> No. 113018
Update is coming tomorrow, sorry just didn't feel like updatin' today due to the hospital business.

Thought today was going to be surgery, so I'd have some free leave, but nope it's just the exam. My surgery is a month away, ugh.
>> No. 113165
File 126728264443.jpg - (84.64KB , 434x600 , 36aa347c2ad2621f41d04160280f864e.jpg ) [iqdb]
113165
[x] Well, it is cold...

You didn't particularly trust Yukari, she didn't seem bad but she wasn't exactly the sort of person you'd trust with too much. Still, she did seem like an overall nice person, just a little bit eccentric, but perhaps all youkai were a little eccentric in their own way. Plus, it was freezing cold in your house and they didn't make blankets warm enough to completely disregard Yukari's comment of freezing to death in your sleep...

Certainly would be a rather boring way to die. Would take your bar down a few pegs...” mused Valeria,

“Well, I suppose when you put it that way, it doesn't sound like such a bad offer...”

The gap youkai clapped her hands together, “Wonderful! We'll leave immediately then! It's freezing in here and I want to get back to my kotetsu...”

You felt her hands clamp down on your shoulders, “H-hey! I haven't had time to pack or anything!”

“Oh you won't need to bring anything! I'm sure Ran can find things that can fit you~.”

And before you could voice another protest you felt the ground give way beneath you, as she pushed you down into a gap. You always thought this sort of process was instantaneous, but perhaps it was only that way for Yukari. Everywhere you could see those strange eyes on the odd purple background, they seemed to be looking every direction but none were looking directly at you...

At least, not at first. Suddenly with that thought, all the eyes blinked in unison, and their gaze settled on you. They stared at you unblinking and unwavering, even as you fell they never seemed to lose sight of you, and if it wasn't your imagination, it looked like there were more eyes appearing as you fell further... before you could think too much more on it, you suddenly found yourself back in the 'normal' world – a few feet above the floor.

You hit the ground with a nice thud, groaning you sat up and looked at your surroundings. It reminded you of the interior of Reimu's shrine actually, though it was considerably warmer inside. In fact, it was hot enough that you were starting to sweat in your winter clothes. Getting to your feet you started to peel off some of your extra layers as you decided to see where everyone was.

Odd how Yukari wasn't here, she had pushed you into the gap so she should've followed right? Then again, perhaps she went elsewhere... or more likely went back to sleep. Wandering out into the hallway you notice just how quiet it is in this place, you didn't expect many people to live here but even then you should hear something right? This must be a larger house then you had thought.

You could make out what looked like an exit further down the hall, but you could smell... something wafting down the other end of the hallway, that one looked like it headed further into the house. Which way to go...

- - -

Yukari's house...:
[ ] Follow your nose!
[ ] What's it like outside?
[ ] Other
>> No. 113168
[ø] Follow your nose!
>> No. 113170
[x] Follow your nose!
>> No. 113171
[x] Follow your nose!
>> No. 113185
[x] Follow your nose!
>> No. 113285
[x] Toucan Sam
>> No. 113292
>>113285
I was waiting for somebody to do that.
>> No. 113403
File 126741307137.jpg - (153.64KB , 819x911 , 1e67e203ba242a44de10e9dfaf48f773.jpg ) [iqdb]
113403
[x] Follow your nose!

That smell wafting down the hallway was rather enticing... plus you didn't know what kind of place you were in right now, and with your winter gear removed what if you went outside into a blizzard or something? Probably best to just stay indoors and investigate that smell.

Sniffing at the air you head down the hallway, passing by a number of the sliding doors you had seen in Reimu's shrine. Judging by the length of the hallways this place seemed rather unusually large... taking a moment to poke your head into one, it looked just like a normal bedroom. A futon rolled out on the floor, a privacy screen off in the corner... checking another yielded the same results. As you hunted down the smell you noted there seemed to be a large number of rooms, considering you hadn't run into anyone yet. Did Yukari just like having a big empty house?

That smell was getting stronger now and it smelled a whole lot like, well food. Very nice smelling food in fact, you thought you could pick out some meat-like smells and something... well, you couldn't place your finger on it but you were pretty certain it was familiar.

You tracked the smell down to well, the logical conclusion. The kitchen of course! Slowly peering around the corner you can see a rather well-equipped kitchen, it did not have a table in the room you noted, which meant the dining room was probably nearby. Within was that short haired blonde woman you had seen at the Halloween party with Yukari. She was busy tending to the kitchen, humming to herself.

You couldn't see what she was cooking however, maybe if you stood up a bit more you might see enough of the counter to guess...

“No need to hide, I know you're there.” commented the woman casually, “Lady Yukari already told me you were coming, and I can hear you too.”

As if to prove her point the woman pointed to her ears. Come to think of it, you had thought that was a costume... including those tails. What a silly thought, she was obviously a youkai, you can't imagine why you thought otherwise.

“Sorry, didn't know if you wanted to be disturbed...”

The youkai chuckled, “Don't worry about it, I'm very good at multitasking. I'm more then capable of preparing dinner and speaking to you. I don't believe we've been formally introduced have we? I know you quite well, Lady Yukari has spoken of you at length, you... fascinate her. Perhaps too strong a word, but I believe it sends the correct message.”

“I don't believe we have, though I saw you at the Halloween party with Yukari. Are you a maid or her's or something? I mean, I suppose you have similar hair colors so maybe you're her daughter...?” you ask curiously, stepping into the room.

The woman laughs, shaking her head, “My aren't you an interesting one? I'm not a maid, nor Lady Yukari's daughter. I'm her shikigami, or in simpler terms her familiar. I do not imagine you know what that is correct?” she asks, looking over her shoulder to confirm your confusion, “In the simplest terms I am a summoned servant. It's a bit more complicated then that, but I wouldn't wish to confuse you. Now as for formal introductions, I'm Ran Yakumo. And you our honored guest?”

A summoned servant? So kind of like a maid in the servant sense yet completely different. You weren't too sure what 'summoned' meant though.

“It's nice to meet you Ran, I'm Reina Roots.” you reply with a slight bow.

Ran chuckles, returning her gaze to her cooking, “It is a pleasure to meet you. It will be a bit longer before dinner shall be ready, but you've caught me early enough that if there is something you want specifically I'd be happy to cook it for you. In fact, I wonder if there is anything you can suggest I don't know how to cook.” says the shikigami teasingly, “While dinner is being prepared you are free to wander the house, though I would recommend staying indoors. It is not terribly cold outside, but it may... surprise you. I'm sure Chen is around, she's probably playing in a nearby room. Lady Yukari I believe is sleeping at the moment.”

- - -

Well what to do until dinner...
[ ] Staying here until dinner isn't a bad idea.
- [ ] Ask Ran something? (write-in)
[ ] Ask where you can find this 'Chen'.
[ ] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?
[ ] Other
>> No. 113405
[x] Staying here until dinner isn't a bad idea.
- [x] Ask Ran something?
- [x] What does she mean 'surprise you'?
- [x] What does she know about the Grimoire?
>> No. 113406
[ø] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?
>> No. 113410
[x] Ask where you can find this 'Chen'.

If we're sticking around for a day or two why not acquaint ourselves with Chen?
>> No. 113411
[X] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?

This absolutely isn't because I want to see Yukari, asleep or not, pull Reina into bed and tenderly caress her body. It absolutely isn't because I want to see Reina slowly relax and enjoy herself. And it absolutely, positively isn't because I want to see Reina get another mind-blowing kiss from Yukari.

Absolutely.

Oh please, oh please, oh please...
>> No. 113417
>I don't believe we've been formally introduced have we?
Actually, Reina and Ran know each other, they met back in >>101835. Chen, on the other hand...

[X] Ask where you can find this 'Chen'.
>> No. 113419
>>113417
Wow I forgot they met that far back... my mistake. Funnily enough I had Reina wonder if Ran was her daughter there too...
>> No. 113438
[x] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?
>> No. 113440
[X] Ask where you can find this 'Chen'.
[X] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?

If Yukari kisses us I want Chen to be watching, so that there can be some WACKY CHEN HIJINX later.
>> No. 113461
[x] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?
>> No. 113463
[x] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?
>> No. 113487
[x] Staying here until dinner isn't a bad idea.
- [x] Ask Ran something?
- [x] What does she mean 'surprise you'?
- [x] What does she know about the Grimoire?

A futile vote for sensibility.
>> No. 113537
[x] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?
>> No. 113561
No update tonight, long day at work, last one off shift, no lunch... my mood is not good at all.
>> No. 113577
[x] Offer to have Yukari for dinner.
>> No. 113987
File 12678967653.png - (378.86KB , 780x1000 , 1514bdb58f02e9f38fd6974cc12ca191.png ) [iqdb]
113987
[x] Offer to wake Yukari for dinner?

“Would you like me to go wake up Yukari for you Ran? So you can focus on your cooking?” you offer.

The shikigami rubs her chin for a moment, “Very well Reina, that is quite kind of you. I believe Lady Yukari is... yes down the hall and to your left, she should be there. Thank you Reina.”

“Ah don't mention it, I feel it's the least I can do all things considered.”

“To be fair you are the guest of the house, you do not have an obligation to return any favors. Still I will not turn down an offer for help.”

Following Ran's general instructions you start to poke around in a few rooms in the designated hallway. Opening one revealed nothing, another nothing, a third an arm, and a four- … wait an arm? Going back a room you again find yourself looking at just an arm. Well an arm attached to a gap... wait, wait, wait. Yukari had split her body up using gaps!? She could do that sort of thing? Geez, did Ran only know where her arm was? You didn't feel like scouring the whole house for the rest of the body...

Rather then doing so you could just wake her up by pulling on the arm you found, it should just pull the rest of her through! Right? Certainly it wouldn't divide her up or something... that would be silly. Heading into the room you wander over to the single, floating, disembodied arm and... give it a nice tug.

“Wake up Yukari, it's almost time for dinner!” you say into the gap as best you can, giving the arm another tug.

As you do so, the hand suddenly clamps around your arm and tugs back. Despite you using both hands to pull, the single hand is more then strong enough to send you sprawling forward to the ground, and you find yourself pinned facedown to the floor. There's little doubt in your mind that Yukari has you pinned to the floor.

“Oh hello there Reina, are you here to give me a pre-dinner snack~?” teases the youkai, rubbing her cheek against the back of your head, “How thoughtful!”

“H-hey I didn't say that! I just told Ran I'd wake you up for dinner!” you counter, squirming to little avail.

“Of course you'd tell Ran that! She wouldn't understand if you told her the truth, mhm, mhm~.”

Voicing your protests again, louder this time, the gap youkai laughs finally releasing you from her pin and standing up with a grin on her face as you fix your messed up hair.

“Maybe I shouldn't come and wake you up anymore...” you grumble.

Yukari sighs and shakes her head, “Now, now Reina you know I only do it because it's so fun! I wouldn't take advantage of you without asking first of course! Although perhaps you'll be saving yourself for Reimu, hmmmmm~?” accused the blonde knowingly.

“W-what!? I-I don't know what you're talking about!” you snap, your face blushed, “Why is everyone always thinking such strange things about me and Reimu!?”

“Tsk, tsk. You do remember the grimoire records your thoughts to right? I know very well what you think in that head of yours... ah, to be young, mortal, and in love, yet not even know it! Really should just get out of that denial, I'm sure Reimu isn't gonna wait forever~.”

“I-I don't know what you're talking about Yukari! C-come on let's just wait for dinner...” you say quickly, leaving the room before the youkai can reply.

Of course, out running a youkai who can move around in those gaps is impossible, and as you head down the hallway you feel her arms drape over your shoulders as she sighs again.

“Now, now I'm very concerned about the love life of my Reimu! If you're not gonna make a move, I guess I just have to wait for you to break her little heart and then I can swoop in as her savior! Then she'll be all mine, and you'll be too slow~.”

You pause in your steps, “... Break her heart? How could I do that to her? For me to do that wouldn't I erm, well you know... h-have to be like, her girlfriend or something?”

“Well, how do you know she doesn't think of you as one already, hmmmmm? Not everyone is as oblivious to their feelings as you, you know.” scolds Yukari, standing in front of you and poking you in the forehead with her fan, “Besides, you don't have to be her girlfriend for you to break her heart. All you have to do is keep being a cute, little oblivious girl and I'm sure, sooner or later, you'll break poor Reimu's heart~.

“She's a fragile person deep down you know. Think about it, she lives up in that shrine all alone... she didn't know her mother very well, and no one knows what happened to her. Sure, she gets out once in a while, knows some people... but she's never really felt close to anyone. And then you come along! A stranger, but one who shows her kindness, you show her charity, you show her respect... you came with so many wonderful gifts.” the youkai sighs, shaking her head, “But ah, this is just too much serious business talking for your time to relax! Come on, let's go eat~! The food will get cold if we wait too long!”

- - -

Now just wait a minute!:
[ ] Oh... forget it.
[ ] Just gimme a straight answer!
[ ] Other

Oh god this update, ugh. I. Just argh. It's becoming increasingly difficult to write now.
>> No. 113991
[ø] Read the grimoire while waiting for dinner.
>> No. 113992
[X] "... What if there's more than one woman that I don't want to see heartbroken, though?"
-[X] "... Like Yuuka..."
-[X] Mumble, mumble
--[X] ".. or you, since you like Reimu so much."

So many women, so little time.
>> No. 114003
[x] Oh... forget it.
>> No. 114005
[X] "... What if there's more than one woman that I don't want to see heartbroken, though?"
-[X] "... Like Yuuka..."
-[X] Mumble, mumble
--[X] ".. or you, since you like Reimu so much."
>> No. 114017
[x] Just gimme a straight answer!
>> No. 114020
[X] "... What if there's more than one woman that I don't want to see heartbroken, though?"
-[X] "... Like Yuuka..."
-[X] Mumble, mumble
--[X] ".. or you, since you like Reimu so much."
>> No. 114035
[X] "... What if there's more than one woman that I don't want to see heartbroken, though?"
-[X] "... Like Yuuka..."
-[X] Mumble, mumble
--[X] ".. or you, since you like Reimu so much."
>> No. 114057
[X] "... What if there's more than one woman that I don't want to see heartbroken, though?"
-[X] "... Like Yuuka..."
-[X] Mumble, mumble
--[X] ".. or you, since you like Reimu so much."
>> No. 114066
[x] Just gimme a straight answer!
Yuuka's mother figure tier.
>> No. 114069
[X] "... What if there's more than one woman that I don't want to see heartbroken, though?"
-[X] "... Like Yuuka..."
-[X] Mumble, mumble
--[X] ".. or you, since you like Reimu so much."
>> No. 114083
[x] Just gimme a straight answer!

Being smart against the tide.
>> No. 114084
[X]>>114003
>> No. 114712
Not that anyone has asked, but I'm still alive. The update however... does not. I've only just touched it and it's not really coming to me.

I'll also be honest in that I'm spending a lot more time playing games after work instead of using all my freetime writing. Also working on my next CYOA on the side...

Basically, time is tight and motivation is almost empty.
>> No. 114742
>>114712

Keep at it! Write when you can, and don't burn yourself out throwing yourself at an uncooperative word document. When it gets to a certain point I usually find it's better just to start afresh.
>> No. 114868
>>114712
what >>114742 said.
I still love this story dearly.
>> No. 115081
Update from your lazy writefag.

Work has been brutal these past few weeks, we have a HUGE inspection coming up next week, and I have to work Saturday this weekend.

It's proving extremely difficult to write, simply because I'm not in the mindset, the mood, or can muster the motivation. I still cannot bring myself to crap out some update still.

All I can say is, I'm sorry. Perhaps once this inspection is all over my mood may improve enough.
>> No. 115082
>>115081
Take your time. We'll still be here for you.
>> No. 115122
>>115081
We won't abandon you. Never.
>> No. 115166
I hope things go better for you soon.
>> No. 115196
File 126921512966.jpg - (201.25KB , 600x600 , 0ec64ebe1686145a4a9f78dd0df27879.jpg ) [iqdb]
115196
[X] "... What if there's more than one woman that I don't want to see heartbroken, though?"
-[X] "... Like Yuuka..."
-[X] Mumble, mumble
--[X] ".. or you, since you like Reimu so much."

You hadn't really thought about it that way, had you? Reimu wasn't your first friend in Gensokyo of course, but she was certainly one that you liked and respected a lot... did you possibly even... love her? She was your first kiss after all so there had to be some sort of attraction going on right? Not only that she was your mentor as well, teaching you in danmaku. She was also your dear friend, one that you did your best to cheer up by spending time with her – Yukari was right, she had always seemed so lonely before.

But on the other hand Reimu wasn't the only one who was special to you right? Thinking on the Reimu topic, you had come to a conclusion upon the form of your dream world. It reflected your feelings, the flowers symbolized Yuuka, whom was the first to encourage you to learn danmaku and was your first real date. Did you love her too? Perhaps in a different matter, but... you were sure you did love her in some form.

Looking up from the ground at a confused looking Yukari, whom seemed to be waving her hand in front of your face curiously, you had to think about the gap youkai herself. Without her, none of this would've happened right? You've had the grimoire for so long, but you had only entered Gensokyo because of her. Without her you wouldn't have met anyone, so many experiences you would've never had. Ok so sure, she was a bit strange and eccentric, but she was likeable in her own way as well.

“Heeelllllooooo~?” asked Yukari, frowning as she flicked you in the forehead, “Anyone in there? You were spacing out all of a sudden and you're looking at me kind of funny...” the blonde smiled and winked, “I know I'm easy on the eyes and all, but there's a time and place for everything! Right now, it's time to eat!”

~

You weren't ashamed to admit it. Ran's cooking was divine, no, heavenly! Perfection! Really, it was just that good. She could outcook you any day of the week you were sure, it was no surprise Yukari valued her shikigami so much.

Chen on the other hand seemed... much different. Mainly due to her child-like behavior, still she was awfully cute and you idledly wondered if that is why she was around... Ran and Yukari were like a married couple, and Chen was their daughter of sorts. It was an amusing thought... and somewhat surprising for you to be thinking about, you used to always freak out at these kind of thoughts right?

Mistress is maturing nicely. I will miss your surprised outbursts however.” taunts Valeria matter-of-factly,

The blonde kitsune chuckles as she notes you have cleared your plate, practically licked it clean.

“My, my it is very nice to have new company, it's been a while since I've seen someone enjoy my food so much. Lady Yukari and Chen love it of course, but I've grown used to their antics by now. Your company is most refreshing.”

Yukari nods, tapping her fan on the table, “What did I tell you Ran? She's a very interesting individual, and here you thought it was wasted time to bring her here! Tsk, tsk~.”

The shikigami shakes her head, picking up the plates, “Only for a moment Lady Yukari. I know how whimsical you are, often doing things purely for the comedic value. I have however noted she has adapted to Gensokyo quite nicely, I am quite interested in how her life will progress.”

“What's her name again? Reenah?” asked the young cat, leaning forward to examine you as Ran corrects her, “Reina? Nice to meet you! I'm Chen, I hope we can be friends!”

Smiling you take the girl's offered hand giving it a shake, “Nice to meet you Chen. It never hurts to have more friends right?”

“Of course not, especially one so nicely-mannered. Now come along Chen, it's time for your bath.” stated Ran, hands on her hips as Chen frowned and recoiled as if struck,

“But I don't wanna take a bath!” pouts the girl, folding her arms across her chest.

The kitsune sighs and shakes her head, “Now, now you've been playing all day and you need to go to bed soon. It won't do to send you to bed dirty, now be a good girl and come along Chen.”

“Don't worry Chen, you'll have time to spend with Reina tomorrow. She'll be our guest for a while, ok?” added the gap youkai.

Chen seemed to relent and took Ran's offered hand as the pair exited the room, once they had Yukari turned her gaze upon you, resting her chin in her interlaced hands.

“So now my lovely guest, with them out of the way for now I guess the two of us can get more... ah, what's a nice word... involved?” suggested the youkai slyly, “This is one of the few times you've seen me outside of your dreams after all! I've had a lovely nap all day so I'm just brimming with energy!”

Chuckling you shake your head, “Well I didn't sleep all day like you, I'm not sure if I can stay up too long..”

“Now that simply won't do! You gotta get set to my schedule now I think, yup! Sleep all day, party all night~! You do know with me around you can get anywhere in the blink of an eye... for innocent and not so innocent purposes of course.” said Yukari, her tone rather suggestive, not to mention that glint in her eye, “But I suppose I can't bring you to people's dreams. I'm afraid that's a bit more... involved. Besides, only your mind is easy to enter anyway due to the grimoire and all.

“So come on Reina! Let's do something fuuuuun~! I know of all your little adventures, so I know you have so many fun ideas in your mind! What happens in my house, stays in my house~.”

- - -

She's rather insistent, isn't she?
[ ] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...
[ ] Maybe she could teach you, uhm more... personal things... (write-in?)
[ ] Guess if she was suggesting a game... (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

I'm sorry if this update wasn't what you expected but I couldn't see anyway to fit the wording you wanted without it sounding really awkward. Also sorry if you expected some giant text wall update, I just decided enough was enough... the update needed doing.

Huge inspection this week, stressed out, etc. etc.
>> No. 115197
[X] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...
>> No. 115200
[ ] Maybe she could teach you, uhm more... personal things... (write-in?)

Tempting, in any number of ways, but...

[Q] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...
>> No. 115203
[X] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...
>> No. 115205
[x] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...

This was actually a pretty decent update. You did well.
>> No. 115207
[x] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...

sounds good, and 'that' education from Yukari might spoil Reina for other girls.
>> No. 115218
[X] Maybe she could teach you, uhm more... personal things...
-[X] Could she maybe help you find some things to make some presents with? You want something special for Reimu and Yuuka since it's going to be Christmas and all, and Yukari has to know where to find some wonderful materials to work with...
-[X] Oh! What does Yukari want?
--[X] You don't have a lot, but you could give her a... another... another kiss...
---[X] A... actually, could she... could she help you practice kissing? It... it only has to be for a little while. You want to be able to have enough courage to do it on your own for your next dates with Reimu and Yuuka!

I like this Yukari. A lot. Almost as much as I love Yuuka.

>>115207

Poppycock. Nothing wrong with getting a little experience. Plus, it would definitely give Reina a little more confidence.

Plus, how else are we going to tempt Yukari into helping Reina into a harem with Reimu and Yuuka?
>> No. 115224
[x] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...
>> No. 115226
[X] Maybe she could teach you, uhm more... personal things...
-[X] Could she maybe help you find some things to make some presents with? You want something special for Reimu and Yuuka since it's going to be Christmas and all, and Yukari has to know where to find some wonderful materials to work with...
-[X] Oh! What does Yukari want?
--[X] You don't have a lot, but you could give her a... another... another kiss...
---[X] A... actually, could she... could she help you practice kissing? It... it only has to be for a little while. You want to be able to have enough courage to do it on your own for your next dates with Reimu and Yuuka!
>> No. 115227
>>115218
There's a difference between experience and overloading the girl so bad that no other man, beast or woman could ever hope to please her other than Yukari.
>> No. 115228
>>115227

Oh, come on. Yukari already gave Reina a kiss, and it hasn't spoiled Reina for kissing, no matter how mind-blowing it may have been. She also didn't do anything Reina didn't want her to, so as long as we specify that she needs to be gentle...
>> No. 115229
[X] Maybe she could teach you, uhm more... personal things...
-[X] Could she maybe help you find some things to make some presents with? You want something special for Reimu and Yuuka since it's going to be Christmas and all, and Yukari has to know where to find some wonderful materials to work with...
-[X] Oh! What does Yukari want?
--[X] You don't have a lot, but you could give her a... another... another kiss...
---[X] A... actually, could she... could she help you practice kissing? It... it only has to be for a little while. You want to be able to have enough courage to do it on your own for your next dates with Reimu and Yuuka!
>> No. 115235
[x] Maybe she could teach you, uhm more... personal things...
-[x] Could she maybe help you find some things to make some presents with? You want something special for Reimu and Yuuka since it's going to be Christmas and all, and Yukari has to know where to find some wonderful materials to work with...
-[x] Oh! What does Yukari want?
--[x] You don't have a lot, but you could give her a... another... another kiss...
---[x] A... actually, could she... could she help you practice kissing? It... it only has to be for a little while. You want to be able to have enough courage to do it on your own for your next dates with Reimu and Yuuka!

But I draw the line at any actual sexual contact. Yukari is not taking our first time with Reimu and/or Yuuka away, or there will be hell from both of them.

...though I can see things ending up favourably that way too.
>> No. 115273
Although, whether or not you want the kissing practice, you have to admit that this is a good opportunity to ask for help with presents. Yukari is an almost boundless potential help. We should probably be getting a little more creative with asking for her help than just asking her to show us how to get stronger.

Especially given the focus we have on socializing, rather than beating people down.
>> No. 115274
>>115273
It's typical CYOA thinking, that and self defense.
>> No. 115276
>>115274

Kriss has shown a liking to beating things down in general, so I don't think it's a problem.
>> No. 115290
I will probably withhold updating until Thursday or Friday...

Friday will be my surgery, so after I get that all done (hopefully early) and feel awake enough and stuff, I'll have a lot of freetime.

Thursday maybe if stuff happens in a certain way and yeah.
>> No. 115580
>>115290
Take your time. Also, good luck on the surgery (and what kind of surgery, if I'm allowed to ask).
>> No. 115796
File 126981528523.jpg - (286.42KB , 480x800 , d26807f830c1077f210307e8ce04bc59.jpg ) [iqdb]
115796
[x] Yukari is supposed to be rather powerful, maybe she could teach you some things...

“Uhm, well... you're pretty strong right? Perhaps you could give me some pointer perhaps?” you ask hesitatingly,

To your surprise, Yukari's happy expression quickly turns sour. Her expression looking rather unamused and bored. Even her eyes have gone half-lidded as she looks at you with a deep sigh.

“I see. Well, I suppose there's a thing or two I could teach you...” the blonde muses, rubbing her chin, “just let me think for a moment.”

There's an uneasy silence in the room as Yukari looks away from you, seemingly in thought. Then without warming, there's a snap of her fan and her expression has brightened considerably.

“I've got it! Now if I remember right, ah when am I ever wrong? Well, you have a lot of power but you have pretty much no control. It's sort of like running a garden hose at full blast all the time, sure it gets the job done but it's horribly wasteful.” the youkai shrugs, tapping her chin with her fan, “Now that I think about it, this does make you sort of sound like a stereotypical shonen hero or something... hm, interesting thought. Anyway, come along Reina, come along!”

Following Yukari through her house, taking note that there did seem to be an awful lot of rooms and hallways for a simple house. It was starting to feel more like a sort of mansion, or even a castle... well, if castles had been built in this style. Well, you were also pretty sure castles weren't just one-floor but... pushing the thought aside, you focus on trying to figure out where the youkai is leading you. It doesn't take long to become helplessly lost before she directs you to follow her into a room.

Within you were reminded of Akyuu's room, as along one-side the wall was taken up by a large rack full of various scrolls. Along the other side sat some desks and chairs, along with what looked like empty junk food containers. The room also had an odd smell to it, likely due to the scrolls, the air just smelled... stale.

Yukari hummed happily to herself as she seemed to be looking for something in the scroll rack, “Lemme see, I know there's something in here that's relevant... I was just looking at it a few... ah! There it is. I was browsing around and when I found this, I just thought of you Reina! See how thoughtful I am~?”

Chuckling weakly, you nod your head to satisfy the youkai, “But, what is it you found?”

“Oh you wouldn't understand all the specifics, but let's just say I found useful information to help fix your problem of control is all!” the youkai tapped her fan on the table, frowning slightly, “The problem is it's not really 'teaching text'. I could tell you everything written here but... well, the problem isn't here,” she points to her head, “rather it's just an internal thing. To put it simply.”

You frown, folding your arms under your chest,” An... internal thing?” you ask curiously.

“It's sort of like the last time I helped you out, remember? The problem isn't something you can fix by learning something. The problem you face is simply existing 'barriers' within yourself. It's not too different from how your body naturally works, your body is limited in what it can do to prevent self-injury. In your case, your body has limits in place that prevent you from using all that power within you, again to protect yourself.

“This won't be as dangerous as the first thing I attempted on you. It's just... different is all. I'd think at worst, you might spontaneously explode. I'm pretty sure that won't happen though. So if you'll just hold still, I can do my work~.” cooed the youkai taking a few steps forward, her face sporting a happy grin.

Mistress Reina, I must protest that the 'barriers' she is refering to - ” started Valeria, her voice sounding rather concerned,

Unfortunately, you didn't get to hear what she wanted you to tell Yukari before her hand touched your forehead and your vision exploded into black.

~

Groaning you open your eyes to find yourself... well, you weren't sure where actually. It certainly wasn't the room you were just in, or for that matter it didn't even look like it was in Yukari's house to start with. All you can make out is darkness, except for your immediate surroundings which see somehow mysteriously lit despite there being no visible light source.

“Hello?” you say, your voice echoing out into the dark.

Frowning, you attempt to try to speak to Valeria only... there's no response? Well, that's odd, if she was 'inside' your mind she would be able to hear your thoughts so... were you inside your mind again or something? But if you were, why was it so dark, and why wasn't Valeria or Yukari here? You can't make much out beyond where the mysterious light shines, but you think you can hear something out there, but you're not sure what it is.

- - -

Well, great... now what?
[ ] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?
[ ] If this is your mind it can't be that bad right? Maybe you'll go poking around...
[ ] Other? (write-in)

System:
> You have a bad feeling about this...
>> No. 115799
[x] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?

There's some interference here so poking around now might be risky.
>> No. 115803
[X] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?

You just had to go for more training games didn't you? Couldn't be satisfied with getting gifts, or just having fun, could you? Next time can't we just flirt a little bit, or play some games, or do both?

Well, whatever. "Don't go into the light," I guess.
>> No. 115804
>>115803
It's THP, it's stupid like that. And Kriss is terrible about including suboptions in a winning vote just due to not everyone voting for the suboptions.
>> No. 115807
[ ] masturbate
[Q] If this is your mind it can't be that bad right? Maybe you'll go poking around...
>> No. 115818
[x] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?
>> No. 115820
>>115804
I only include the popular suboptions if they come from the same main option.

In this case the two votes both had different main options, and as a result the suboptions aren't counted.

Just to clear it up, that's the way I handle suboptions. If there's multiple suboptions all from the same main option, and that main option is the majority, I'll include the ones that would fit within the vote.
>> No. 115829
[x] If this is your mind it can't be that bad right? Maybe you'll go poking around...
Meh this' good.
>> No. 115831
[x] If this is your mind it can't be that bad right? Maybe you'll go poking around...
This is a very bad idea.
>> No. 115833
[ø] If this is your mind it can't be that bad right? Maybe you'll go poking around...
This seems to be the lesser of the two evil.
>> No. 115837
>>115831
Then why are you doing it?
>>115833
Yeah right, poking around in a state like this is a good way to get killed.
>> No. 115838
[x] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?

Wait up and stand your ground, if you must.
>> No. 115839
[Å] If this is your mind it can't be that bad right? Maybe you'll go poking around...
>> No. 115840
[X] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?

>>115837
It's because Anon can't resist Bad Ends, but he's forgotten that Bad Ends here have a lasting effect on Reina. Remember the carnivorous tree?
>> No. 115841
[x] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?
>> No. 115842
[X]Better wait here. You'll 'wake up' sooner or later, right?

We don't even know what's out there anymore. For all we know the border Yukari removed was the one that goes to the tree both she and Valeria told us to stay away from.
>> No. 115843
>>115840
Yeah... anyone thought about that or do they enjoy causing permanent mental trauma to someone.

>>115842
And wandering around in a mindscape that's been noticeably affected by something unknown isn't a good idea.
>> No. 115849
[X] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?
>> No. 115857
File 12699199843.jpg - (7.73KB , 320x208 , badend.jpg ) [iqdb]
115857
[X] Better just wait here, you'll 'wake up' sooner or later right?

Yukari, or was it Valeria, had once mentioned back in your first romp in your dreamscape that events in your mind, could be very deadly. This wasn't your little dream world, you didn't think so anyway, but it was very likely within your mind so perhaps indulging your curiosity wasn't the best idea.

Still, there was that sound in the background. You couldn't pinpoint it but now that you were doing your best to listen to the ambient sounds there was something out there. But if this was your mind, what could possibly be out there? From what you could tell the sound seemed to be... sniffing? Like there was something trying to smell you.

“ … what did I … not helping … fix it!?”

Well that was odd, you figured that was Yukari's voice but you couldn't see her anywhere but you were certainly picking up sounds. Maybe you weren't as unconscious as you thought, this certainly wasn't like visiting your dreamscape...

There was the sound of a loud 'crack', followed by the sniffing suddenly going from rapid, to a slow, deep inhale. In the darkness you could just make out the glint of light off eyes, whatever was out there it knew you were there. You couldn't make out details but you could see a set of white dots in the black, staring directly at you.

“I've found you! She couldn't keep you hidden forever!” mocked a voice, it echoed throughout the 'area' but you couldn't pin it to anyone you've heard before, or even if it was a male or female voice, “But, who are you and what? Hm, she's only made a slip-up is it then? No, no, no I'm too close, I'm not going to let you slip by me!”

The eyes drew closer, the sniffing grew louder. You could see something that vaguely reminded you of vines were probing at the circle of light around you. They would contact on it and recoil as if struck, withering away into the dark. To your horror you noticed the circle was starting to slowly decrease in size as the eyes drew nearer, and the probing increased.

Looking about in fright, sweat beading down your forehead you didn't imagine it would be long before the light would be completely swallowed by the darkness.

“You won't escape me this time! It'll be different, this time...!” mocked the voice, louder now and more pressuring.

A single tendril snaked its way through the light, moving to wrap around your ankle when you felt something grab you from behind and before you knew it you were flying through the air... only this time, the space around you was purple instead of black.

~

“Reina! Wake up!” yelled a voice, followed by a loud sound and a very sharp pain in your cheek.

Yelping in pain and snapping your eyes open you hold your cheek, holding back the instinctive wave of tears from the pain. Seated next to you was an embarrassed looking Yukari, and next to her was Ran whom looked quite worried.

“You didn't have to and hit me!” you snap, rubbing your cheek, “Geez, that hurt...”

The shikigami sighed, rubbing her temples, “It appears we were successful Lady Yukari. Though I do agree that such physical contact was not required to awaken Reina at this time...”

Yukari's expression quickly changed from embarrassed, to something resembling... worry? Her expression appeared troubled, and she chewed on the tip of her fan. This was something highly unexpected of her, and even Ran seemed worried.

“No. We weren't in time. Or rather, not completely...” she snapped the fan open and shook her head, “we were just a little too slow. I don't think we're in trouble yet, it's a good thing Reina hadn't done anything foolish or we might be in real trouble. I think we're fine for now, and Reina should be as well.”

You blink in confusion and shake your head, “Excuse me but... uhm, what do you mean Yukari? What's going on...?”

The youkai's expression seemed even more troubled, “I'm afraid it is difficult to explain and I'm not really allowed to exactly but... rest assured, you're fine. I didn't really expect you would stay all that... no, nevermind. It's not important right now.” she shook her head, doing her best to put a smile on her face, “Seems that barrier was a little bit more important then I thought. Thankfully no harm done, and I'm pretty sure my work did what it was intended, even after the tweak.”

No. Do not ask her Mistress Reina. I know you wish to know what you saw but... not yet. It isn't important, and there should be no ill will behind what you saw, merely a clever charade to make you believe so. Do not worry yourself over it for now, push it out of your mind if you could Mistress Reina.

Well, that was going to be the first thing on your mind to ask but... guess it would have to wait for a little bit. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to get what it was looking for. From what you could tell it was interested in you, but for what purpose? And just what the heck was that whole thing? Many questions, and no answers... troubling.

“Well, that was a unique experience. Did leave me a bit tired though... I'm not used to your sleep patterns I'm afraid, is there anywhere I could wash up and get some rest?”

Ran nodded, rising to her feet, “Of course. If you have no objections Lady Yukari...?” the shikigami received a nod in reply, “very well, please follow me. I will apologize if my selection of suitable clothing after your bath doesn't fit just right but I had to eyeball your measurements I'm afraid...”

- - -

Well that wasn't so bad, right?
[ ] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [ ] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though... (write-in)
[ ] Do something before bed? (write-in)
o in the morning
[ ] See if you can go visit... (write-in)
[ ] Hang out with the Yakumos some
[ ] Other (write-in)

The image used has nothing to do with RiG, I had nothing suitable. Enjoy the ah... 'sneak peek' I suppose.
>> No. 115858
[X] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [X] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [X] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[X] See if you can go visit...
- [X] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!

Yukari seems genuinely distressed by what she has done, and it would be nice to reassure her. Plus, she is definitely the Yakumo family member that we happen to be closest to. Not to mention that I just kind of like her, and we always sleep with someone, so why not?

As for tomorrow, well... yeah, just thinking of Yuuka all alone makes me sad.
>> No. 115859
[X] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [X] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [X] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[X] See if you can go visit...
- [X] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!

Yukari just has to be so risky with her tweaks, though I wonder if things are in the clear or not.
>> No. 115869
[x] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [x] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [x] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[x] See if you can go visit...
- [x] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!
A write-in I can support, hooray!
>> No. 115872
[X] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [X] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [X] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[X] See if you can go visit...
- [X] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!
>> No. 115874
[x] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [x] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [x] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[x] See if you can go visit...
- [x] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!

Eh, sounds reasonable enough.
>> No. 115876
[X] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [X] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [X] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[X] See if you can go visit...
- [X] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!
>> No. 115930
[x] First thing you're going to do is just pass out...
- [x] You've been getting a bit used to sleeping with someone though...
-- [x] Yukari just saved you (you think), and she seems so worried after what you were put through... maybe it would be a good idea for both of you to have someone to hang onto tonight.

[x] See if you can go visit...
- [x] Poor Yuuka. She may worry about you staying at her cold little house, but it just seems kind of sad for her to spend every day all alone in winter. It might only be for a little while, but visiting her would be really nice!
>> No. 115954
File 127009471958.jpg - (24.36KB , 288x480 , notanupdate.jpg ) [iqdb]
115954
No update yet, sorry... sometime tomorrow. Tomorrow is supposed to be "special", and I might do something for it... any suggestions?

Enjoy another little sneak peek. New thread tomorrow!
>> No. 115955
>>115954
No trolling the readers; we like jokes, but not ones that stick to the canon.