[Return]
Archived Thread

File 126133253849.jpg - (439.92KB , 600x800 , 270a3092fd17137e5d503563470777e2.jpg ) [iqdb]
108263 No. 108263
Continuation of >>106419

-------

A thought sparks in your mind, and you instinctively grip Sakuya's wrist before she can turn to the table, as if you were afraid of losing your chance if you released her.
"Actually, Sakuya..."

The head maid blinks in surprise and gives you a bit of an odd look, followed by a mild smile as you promptly realize what you're doing and let go of her.
"...Yes? Was there something else, kid?"

You swallow a bit, mentally steeling yourself for the question, gathering up determination and balling up your fists before looking her straight in the eye.
"Could I ask you for a huge favor?"

"Depends on what it is." She chuckles quietly, crossing her arms.
"I was tempted to joke around with you a little about that question, but you look so serious. What's on your mind?"

You glance over at the plate on the table. It could probably use a re-heating, you reckon...
"I'd like to take the food to Flandre myself, if at all possible." You turn your head back to face her, noticing the sudden change in her facial expression; before she can reply, you cut in one more time.
"Please. If you could just watch the door until I'm done... That's all I ask." You really need to talk to Flandre; the little incident this morning has been chewing on your conscious all morning, and you really feel terrible about letting it fester and brew like this. Even though Patchouli said it'd be best to wait for her to come to you first, sometimes you just have to trust your gut feeling and act on your own. Even the wizard can be wrong sometimes... right? Because this just -feels- wrong to you. Waiting like this, not doing anything, even enjoying yourself and having fun with the other residents while Flandre is in her room, thinking who knows what, and... Ugh, you can't stand it.

Apparently, Sakuya can see your mental and emotional anguish and strong determination in your eyes; after looking right back at you intently with a serious expression for a short while, she sighs in defeat as if she had lost a staring contest.

"...Alright. Damn it... It's not fair, making such a face at me like that." Her frown takes on a decidedly less serious look for a moment, before she sends a glance over her shoulder at the door, as if paranoid about something.
"Look, you get five minutes down there. Whether she talks to you or not, I'm dragging you out of there exactly on the three-hundreth second. Deal?"

"Deal." This is... good enough for now. Even if you don't get to have the heart-to-heart talk with the girl that you came here for in the first place just yet, you'll at least be able to show her that you're here, and that you care.

"I'll just go re-heat this quickly, then..."

...

The basement door. Heavy, metal, though not as huge as the blast door in front of Flandre's actual room. It's been replaced, too; you remember the last one being knocked off its hinges and bent out of shape, the last time you were here. Did Flandre really do that? Well, sure, you saw her apparently break Mokou's wrist with just a swipe of the hand the other day, but you honestly can't picture a little girl doing -that- to a large metal door. Or can you? Your experiences and training have certainly opened your mind to a whole lot of new possibilities... Sakuya doesn't seem to struggle too much with the weight, though. It's a bit embarrassing to see a maid - human, too - that's physically stronger than you, isn't it? Then again, with how she seems to do all the work here, it's hardly a surprise.

"Say, I'm curious about one thing..." As you descend down the steps into the basement together, you decide to initiate conversation just to calm your nerves a little. Why are you getting so worked up over this? Some sort of subconscious fear of what an upset Flandre could be like? Are you afraid of what people have said of her, or are you afraid of her changing in your eyes forever if you see -that- side of hers?

"What is it, kid?" She seems an awful lot more serious than usual. Wonder what's on her mind...

"You re-heated the food rather quickly, didn't you?" You ask this, looking down at the plate of Flandre's odd-looking odd-smelling food in your hands, heat radiating into your hands to ward off the chill of the basement.

"Oh, of course. I just sped up time in a small area for a bit, to get the microwave to go faster." On the subject of the microwave, you wonder why the mansion doesn't get electric candles (or something) for light.

"But... Why didn't you do the same for washing dishes, then?"

"Are you kidding? That would be wasteful. A running tap wastes around ten litres of water a minute when time flows normally; imagine how much I'd waste if I sped it up?" Well, it's good to see you've managed to get her to smirk again, at least.
"Besides, I can't wash any faster myself, if I speed time up in relation to myself... If anything, it'd slow me down."

"That makes sense." As much as time manipulation can make, you guess. Eventually, you come to the end of a long, narrow stone hallway, a thick metal blast door with dents in it from the inside standing before you, cold and ominous. Sakuya raises her fist in the air as if she wanted to knock, yet she turns to face you and lowers her hand.

"I'll be watching the basement entrance. Five minutes. If anyone comes nearby, I'll snatch you out of here. Good luck, kid." As she turns around and heads towards the basement entrance, heels tapping against the stone floor, you hear her mutter quietly with a sigh:
"Honestly, I wish you'd stop causing these situations... My patience for this sort of thing only lasts about this long, you know."

You'll make sure to remember that. For the moment, you raise your fist and knock on the door. No reaction. Wait, this thing is like a foot thick, isn't it? Would she even -hear- a light tap like that? This time, you gather up your strength and pound on the door much harder, the metal actually causing your fist to ache lightly. The sound of your hand impacting the door echoes throughout the dungeon-like basement for what feels like an entire minute; quite a long period of time, to be sure, considering you were only allowed five.

"Flan? Can you hear me?" You resort to trying to talk to her through the door; realizing that she still might not be able to hear you, you increase your volume to dangerous levels, disregarding the dangers of someone hearing you from outside of the basement.
"Flan, it's me! Would you please open up? I, ah, I brought you some food, and-..."

Two or three minutes of this must pass, before you hear a noise, interrupting your yelling. The bottom half of the door has a smaller hatch built into it, which creaks open slowly. As seconds pass in silence with you staring down at it, waiting for something to happen or for Flandre to say something, you decide to take initiative and make use of what little time you have here.

"I, ah, I came here as soon as I could, and... Well, we all missed you during lunch. I brought yours, and-..." No vocal response, but a familiar, pale and slender hand reaches out from the hatch, open and expectant.



[] Grab her hand.
-{} "Hey, you wanted me to stop treating you like a kid, right? So stop acting like one, okay?"
-{} "Look, you were wrong to behave like that earlier today... But it's okay now, alright? Please, just come on out..."
-{} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."
-{} (Write-in)
[] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

>> No. 108264
[x] Grab her hand.
-{x} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."

Updates!
>> No. 108267
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

I bet Jin likes his hand and would like to keep it.
>> No. 108269
the two choices seen here seem the best so far for different reasons

the first is due to admitting our error (The rest can wait until later)

the other is good because we should be encouraging Flan to take some initiative with things.

Can you make a choice that isn't difficult, Taisa?
>> No. 108270
[] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

At least she knows we are worried about her now.
>> No. 108271
[x] Grab her hand.
-{x} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."

A touch has got to remind her of something at least to reconsider talking than simply locking herself away.

Then again I don't suppose a finger would be enough retribution from spurring her feelings; even if unintentionally. Shows SOME trust on Jin's part.
>> No. 108273
>>108269
I recall Taisa asking his readers to NOT take things too seriously just yet. Some one correct me if I'm wrong please.

Perhaps the choices are neither bad but one is better than the other in this case.
>> No. 108274
[X] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108275
>>108271
inb4 Flandre symbolically rips off our left ring finger.
>> No. 108276
>>108273

This is Flandre we're talking about, a screw up would have heavier consequences than with a typical Touhou. Look what happened as a result of that screw up with her and Rumia.
>> No. 108278
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108279
>>108276
You're right, however she could have very well done much worse but instead left after that brief meeting.

As many times as I've see Flandre portrayed around these boards, this one's a bitdifferent enough that perhaps she's not as much of a loose cannon as her other portrayals have appeared.

Not saying what had been done should be just dusted under the rug so to speak, but for Jin to show enough trust in her not to utterly rip off a limb, let alone leave a stump on the wrist should say something.

Eh only one way to find out.
>> No. 108280
[X] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

If you're actually trying to accomplish something, I don't think the stock options are going to do it. You would need a write-in, and a damn good one at that.

She listened to his yelling through the door for a good two or three minutes out of the five he's been allotted before even responding, and the way she has responded is in such a way that she doesn't have to look at Jin, speak to Jin, or do anything other than take what he has brought for her and shut the hatch. It may very well be that the only reason she has even done this much is because she realized he wouldn't just go away if she ignored him.

Basically, she really doesn't want to see or speak to him right now. As we only have two, maybe three minutes before Sakuya comes and yanks us out of there (and that's even assuming she isn't forced to do so early), anything we say should be short, sweet, but effective. Otherwise, it would probably be best to keep quiet, and wait.
>> No. 108281
[] Grab her hand.
-{} "Look, you were wrong to behave like that earlier today... But it's okay now, alright? Please, just come on out..."

I still need to think, vote liable to changes.
>> No. 108282
[x] Grab her hand.
-{x} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."
>> No. 108284
>>108280

With this in mind I'm gonna try something...

-[x]Flandre I'm only given a couple of minutes to talk to you before I have to leave from this door but I do wish to talk to you soon. I made a mistake in causing a misunderstanding and I want to make it up to you by telling you everythinganything you'd want to know. If that's not enough then later tell me what would be.

Ugh trying to be realistic in how long does it take to say something.

I tried at least
>> No. 108285
[x] Hand her the food , don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
-{x} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."

Not sure if it's alright to combine options like this, but in my opinion grabbing her hand may be a bit much at this point, with everything. At the very least we should let her know we're sorry as we hand the tray to her.
>> No. 108286
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108287
I try to be flexible. Write in add-ons or modifications to existing votes is always fine, as is (justified) combining of votes.
>> No. 108289
>>108279

yeah but screw ups in a row might result in a nasty mess of some sort. (Do remember that a few times Flan was a few seconds away from:

-Nuking Rumia when she first started picking on Jin

-Nuking Mokou after the arm snap incident)

>>108280
Who can really tell but I do agree the best way is a write in, but I doubt any write in artists read this story, especially not due to the shitstorms and such.

Also writefags seem to have this obbession with write-ins and asinine attempts to fish them out of anon. (Not the wisest tactic since at a time like this, most write in attempts from today's anon would fall flat)

But at the same time I think the limited time might be for Jin's benefit in case things go badly. If Jin manages to make progress by the time Sakuya comes back, perhaps she'd let him stay longer.
>> No. 108290
Here's my shot:

[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
-[x] Just say this: "I know I screwed up, but when you're willing to give me a chance to talk, I can explain everything."

Though it could stand to be refined/improved, but the spirit is this: When she's ready to talk, she'll get the explanation she's looking for.
>> No. 108291
[] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108292
>>108269
Come now, don't be a pussy. The right choice is easy to spot if you've been paying attention.

[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108294
[a] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
-[b] Just say this: "I'm sorry for being a dickhead, but when you're ready to talk just let me know."

Going with >>108290, just changed a little bit.
>> No. 108295
>>108292

It's that sort of arrogance in choosing choices that leads to screw ups.
>> No. 108296
>>108295
It's that kind of cowardice in choosing choices that leads to Teruyo End.
>> No. 108298
>>108295
>>108296

Are we SERIOUSLY shitstorming already?
>> No. 108299
>>108295
>>108296

Both sides have valid points, however it doesn't reveal to any of us anything as we don't know to which choice is best to begin with; Gloat after the next update if it goes bad either way please.
>> No. 108301
[X] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

Oh, hey, look, she doesn't want to see or talk to us at all. Surprise, surprise.

Anyway, let's get out of here. I would have liked to sneak Meiling some food, but I'm thinking too little too late on that. What a waste of time this turned out to be.
>> No. 108304
So, do you think she's angry? Or sad and upset at herself instead?
>> No. 108306
[B] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108307
>>108299

My problem wasn't his choice but the smug tone he went about it. I admit that it could go either way for various reasons.

>>108296
That's only caused by not settling on the target, no route locks, and constant tide pissing (Oh wait... GH has all three...)

>>108301
It's too soon to say about that until Taisa stops playing vidya and updates this again.
>> No. 108308
>>108304
It could be a mix of things as we've seen, or so from Jin's weird dream sequences, possible evidence of self hatred as well as the obvious rage from her new discovery about Rumia's presence from before.

I'm still betting though she may decide to sneak out and seek Jin during the night when everyone else is asleep. Less chances of interference occurring from any one with reasonable closeness to her.
>> No. 108310
[x] Hand her the food , don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
-{x} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."

We've extended the olive branch by just coming down here ourselves. Let her choose if she wants to talk, don't force it by grabbing her.
>> No. 108312
[X] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108314
[X] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

Hey guys, can we please not shit up the thread just after its been created? If you really have to get pissy about this then take it to /taisa/.. I mean /words/.
>> No. 108315
http://www.touhou-project.com/words/res/63.html
Link for the lazy.
>> No. 108316
>Are we SERIOUSLY shitstorming already?

We already had 25 posts.
>> No. 108323
>>108296
>>108295

Stop that.
>> No. 108342
[x] Grab her hand
...yet I don't know what I should choose out of the next two options. We are trying to be her friend, help her make friends, grow up and enjoy the outside world instead of being a shut-in locked away in that dungeon right? She is being immature, you CAN have other friends that just happen to be girls. Happens outside in real life all the time with no problems right?

>Implying Anon has friends

Ah I guess I'll go with..

[x] "Hey, you wanted me to stop treating you like a kid, right? So stop acting like one, okay?"

Maybe it'll shock Flandre enough to stop this and finally listen. Might even grow up to...
>> No. 108347
>>108342

I think we can agree on that, but it's the matter of getting her to calm down before telling her that. That is unless you want to risk having Sakuya scrape (what's left of) Jin off the wall for the rest of the day.

The general plan is to get her to calm down/admit our error in things

Then talk to her about her attitude when she's calm and ready to listen.
>> No. 108369
[x] Take hold of her hand, gently.
-[x] Kiss it.
[x] Give her the food.
[x] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."
>> No. 108372
>>108369
Smooth motherfucker, I want to vote for it, but it is too smooth for Jin.
>> No. 108374
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
-[x] Just say this: "I know I screwed up, but when you're willing to give me a chance to talk, I can explain everything."
>> No. 108379
[x] Take hold of her hand, gently.
-[x] Kiss it.
[x] Give her the food.
[x] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."

Nothing is too smooth for Jin.
>> No. 108396
[x] Take hold of her hand, gently.
-[x] Kiss it.
[x] Give her the food.
[x] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."

Suave motherfucker.
>> No. 108399
[x] Take hold of her hand, gently.
-[x] Kiss it.
[x] Give her the food.
[x] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."

What a smooth motherfucker
>> No. 108401
[X] Take hold of her hand, gently.
-[X] Kiss it.
[X] Give her the food.
[X] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."

This is such a stupid idea. I can't see this ending well at all, but for some reason I feel compelled to vote for it.
>> No. 108402
I'm torn.
On one hand, I kinda like this write-in. It's bold, and possibly risky, but as unresponsive as Flan seems to be right now, about the only way you could probably hope to make any meaningful impact this early on is to give one hell of a shock, and this would probably accomplish that. Well, provided she doesn't snatch her hand away (and hopefully not Jin's along with it) the second he grabs hold.

On the other hand, something about this does worry me, a little. She's clearly not in the "pretend that everything is fine" mode she was when we last saw her and was presumably still in when she returned home, but beyond that we don't really know what her emotional state really is right now. While I don't want to think she would be dangerous, chances are good that her reactions to whatever we do might be a bit unpredictable.
>> No. 108403
I can practically hear this write-in backfiring.
>> No. 108404
>-[x] Kiss it.

Seriously?
>> No. 108405
Wow. I'm not fond of the whole drive for a Flan route, but maybe I don't have much to worry about. Looks to me like you guys are going to steer us away from that all on your on.

I jest. I don't think your choice will result in catastrophe. I don't think it will be anything resembling successful either, but that's just my take.
>> No. 108406
Holy shit, I'm usually for retarded write-ins but this is just too much.
>> No. 108407
>-[x] Kiss it.

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 108408
I'm not exactly digging this write-in. This really is just not the time.

[x] Hand her the food , don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
-{x} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."
>> No. 108411
[x] Take hold of her hand, gently.
-[x] Kiss it.
[x] Give her the food.
[x] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."

Voting for this to steer us away from the Flandre route.
>> No. 108412
[x] Take hold of her hand, gently.
[x] Give her the food.
[x] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."
>> No. 108416
>>108411
Are you that anon I've heard so much about who plots to "derail" this story from Flan route?
>> No. 108417
You know, considering what just happened to the Forgotten One in the most recent Touhouvania update, grabbing her hand sounds a little... risky.
>> No. 108418
>>108416
No, I'm the anon who enjoys voting for retarded write-ins just to watch the fallout when they backfire spectacularly. I was pro-Flandre until all the shitstorming started, now I don't really care anymore.
>> No. 108419
>-{} "Hey, you wanted me to stop treating you like a kid, right? So stop acting like one, okay?"

The middle ground. The neutral choice. No one is to blame, and things need to get moving. She should understand that.
>-{} "Look, you were wrong to behave like that earlier today... But it's okay now, alright? Please, just come on out..."

Jin blames/accuses Flan of something. Do you think she will like that?
>-{} "I'm sorry about what happened earlier today. It's my fault, I didn't consider your feelings."

Jin blames himself, which is wrong. Even if it pleses her a bit, it won't change much anyway.
>-{} (Write-in)

Write-in for a random effect!
>>108369

I can sense everything we've fought for coming down. It's like even her fans have decided to derail her route! Just because it has a "kiss it" on it does not mean it's any good. Goddamn it, think guys, think! Take this oppotunity and make it count, don't waste it like that!
>> No. 108425
>>108418
Strange, that's my exact sentiment on this matter. Are you sure we're not the same person?

Oh, and, I'm a different anon to >>108416, in case anyone really cared about it.
>> No. 108426
>>108418
>>108425

Hasn't it ever crossed your minds that voting for for retarded choices doesn't stop any shitstorm? In fact, it only makes things worse.
>> No. 108427
[x] Take hold of her hand, gently.
-[x] Kiss it.
[x] Give her the food.
[x] "When you're willing to talk, I'll be waiting for you. Sorry for not coming sooner; enjoy your lunch."

Early christmas for me... ಥ_ಥ
>> No. 108440
[+] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

TVTropes, don't fail me now.
>> No. 108441
http://www.touhou-project.com/words/res/63.html

C'mon guys, participate.
>> No. 108442
[X] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

That write-in is fucking stupid and will never fucking work.
>> No. 108445
[ecksu] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

Urghhhh.
>> No. 108446
>[] Grab her hand.
>[] Take hold of her hand, gently.
For those of you contemplating the idea of losing your hand, there's quite a difference between these two options. You're not about to get it ripped off when you're holding hers lightly, and you're not going to make her overly nervous since it isn't a sudden action.

I don't think she'd hurt us - if she does, it wouldn't be intentional. We've given her our hand once before, anyway, in her sleep; I think the possible danger here isn't any worse than that, most likely less.
>> No. 108447
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.

>>108442
Exactly what you said.
>> No. 108448
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108449
>>108419
He didn't consider the feelings of either of them, especially with their previous bad-blood. I think blaming himself for the incident isn't completely wrong. I'm not saying trying to get them to get along wasn't completely wrong, either, mind you. It may have been better, though, to talk to each one individually and persuade them to meet someplace at school as equals, like in a clubroom, instead of springing it on them like that in his room, on his bed.

As for the write-in, I believe it's supposed to be more subtle. "I'm here to talk when you feel better. I don't wish for you to be angry anymore. I'm not going to start an argument through this door. I still think of you as a friend, even if you're mad at me." This pretty much sums up his feelings, I think.

It's certainly better than saying nothing.
>> No. 108453
>It's certainly better than saying nothing.

I disagree. Do you think she's too stupid to figure out why we're here? I'll remind you that we said something to her when we knocked, and she didn't respond. She doesn't want to talk, and saying something will only put further pressure on her.

Also, kissing her hand is creepy as fuck.
>> No. 108458
>>108453
>>Also, kissing her hand is creepy as fuck.

Well, to be fair, at least it's not quite as creepy as putting our cock in her hand would be.
>> No. 108460
>>108458
Haha! Great minds...
>> No. 108462
>>108453
Some issues do need to be pressed, at least a bit. She may not want to talk for a different reason than we assume, or she may want to but is having trouble finding the words. Her anger may have died down and now it's just some frustration that can be broken with a little push, by way of communication.

We shouldn't blow her off straight away after just one try, or give in as if it's a hopeless case. That's plain cowardice. Thankfully the thickness of this door isn't yet a metaphor for lightly knocking and acting as if no one's home. Silence just makes things more awkward; reassuring her that we want to talk and are willing to when she's ready is best, without pushing too hard.

The longer you leave a tear, the wider it's going to get.
>> No. 108463
>72 posts omitted

C'mon guys, this discussion is kinda nice, but it would be good if you took it to /words/.
>> No. 108468
>[x] Kiss her hand
[x] Let loose some of that over-dramatic Shakespearean dribble that you're so good at. Try to make her laugh, and in addition, Sakuya, if she can hear you. Even a confused mumble would be a victory.

But soft! What hand through yonder door-hatch breaks?

Alas, her maid is impatient, and poor Romeo's got less than five before she impales him upon her knives. It'd be great to recite the whole thing to her, to see her blush and hear her giggle when we talk about touching her cheek.
>> No. 108472
>>108468

Whu.... what..?
>> No. 108485
>>108419

thing is that blow up was both Jin and Flan's fault; Jin for ignoring the possible bad blood, and Flan for badly reacting.

I figured we'd calm her down then talk to her about her part in things. As they are now, trying to talk to her about her side of things wouldn't go well.

as for /words/ no one really reads it due to it being full of shitstorms as opposed to discussion. So trying to move discussion there would be a wasted move.

>>108411
So you admit it, though you must be one stupid derailer, but at last I'm proven right!

>>108418
It's not their fault, but those who were offended at the notion of a Flan route (I know for a fact that I'm not the only one of that opinion)
>> No. 108487
>>108485
>as for /words/ no one really reads it due to it being full of shitstorms as opposed to discussion

Actually, /words/ has been more civil than expected. More discussions than shitstorms in there.
>> No. 108491
>>108487

Yeah, that surprised me too. Aside from a few obligatory snipes back and forth, it's mostly been discussion. Even when it devolves into a minor shitstorm, things are back on track after a few posts.

I guess it's because there's only about ten of us using words, but still.
>> No. 108492
Update Touhouvania Taisa. My Heart is still beating faster from reading the last update. I will probably hear "Is it snack time already?" in the background whenever Flandre shows up.
>> No. 108495
>>108492
Here you go:
>>/sdm/33005
>> No. 108512
File 126147170293.jpg - (717.22KB , 1920x1200 , awesome.jpg ) [iqdb]
108512
>>108485
>bad blood
>vampires
>> No. 108513
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108520
[x] Hand her the food quietly, don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to talk or come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108547
I need to get a pet monkey to count votes for me in return for bananas and fruit.

But then I'd run out of bananas. And I fucking love bananas.

Writing begins, let's hope my energy holds out tonight.

>[x] Hand her the food , don't take initiative yourself. If she wants to come out, she will. If she doesn't, she won't. At least she knows you're here and waiting for her, now.
>> No. 108560
>>108547
>I need to get a pet monkey to count votes for me in return for bananas and fruit.

What happened to that helpful Anon?
>> No. 108586
Writefag has been kidnapped by Christmas preparations.
>> No. 108698
>>108694
See:
>>/gensokyo/3362
>>/gensokyo/3363
>> No. 108706
>>108698
Must have missed this.
My bad, i take everything back.
>> No. 108761
File 126188609672.jpg - (485.38KB , 826x600 , 4753e8d828f90c5c241f571891bc6c85.jpg ) [iqdb]
108761
There's so much you'd want to say to her right now - apologize for not taking her feelings into consideration, plead with her to come out and let you see her face... No. She asked you not to treat her like a child, right? Besides, it's not like taking all the blame yourself is going to fix anything. Perhaps you should even have a serious talk with her about the relationship between the two of you, recent happenings, and the future. But... no. There's not enough time; Sakuya is going to come and get you any moment now, and you can't say what you want in sixty seconds or less. Not like this. Sometime today, in a better place, face-to-face, with all the time in the world that you'd need. But not like this.

Instead, you quietly lean down and allow her to grab the plate, your hand lightly trembling against your will for the brief moment when both of your fingers are touching the dish. She accepts it, hesitating a moment before pulling her hand back into the room. The silence that had taken over when she opened the hatch is absolutely deafening, yet she doesn't close it just yet; subconsciously counting the seconds in your mind, you hear the sound of light footsteps moving away from the door, and the plate being placed on a flat surface. Any moment now, any second now, you'd be taken away, by force if necessary... because you sure as hell aren't going quietly without at least hearing her voice.

And then you hear footsteps again, approaching you. Two pairs this time; the tapping of Sakuya's heels against the stairs to the side, and that of Flandre's feet from the inside of the room. It takes all of your force of will to keep from dropping you your hands and knees and shouting to the girl through the hatch, when suddenly you hear a faint whisper, so quiet you can barely hear it.

"Thanks."

"...You welcome," is all you can mumble in response. Is that really all she has to say to you? Is she still that upset? Sakuya is getting closer with every passing second; should you say something else, or just go quietly..? You didn't want to pressure the girl into making up any sooner than she's comfortable with, but you were kind of hoping...

"...I'm sorry. I don't want you to... see me, like this." Huh? Like what? And her voice sounds somehow strained and choking, too... Before you can even ask anything, she closes the hatch again, your voice dying in your throat just as Sakuya makes her way over to you.

"Time's up, kid. You ready to go? Did what you came here to do?"

You just stand there, staring at the shut hatch in the door with a mild pain in your chest, yet there's no more movement, no more sound that you can hear from the inside. And Flandre sounded so troubled, too...

"Could I have just another-..."

"No." Her voice is stern and harsh, her arms crossed and eyes fixed intently on you, only to glance over her shoulder every now and then.

"But I-..."

"I said no." Her response this time is more agitated, and she grips your wrist with enough strength to provoke a light grunt of pain from you, a frustrated glare in her eyes.

"Flan, darling, are you down there? What was that noise just now..?" A familiar voice echoes down the passage from outside the basement. Remilia! Before you even have a chance to panic, your sight flickers, and you find both yourself and Sakuya back in the kitchen. She exhales, as if in relief, before staring at you furiously.

"Damn it, you don't get to talk back at me in this house. Do you understand?" She walks closer and pokes you in the chest with her finger, hard enough to actually send you stumbling back a step.
"I told you once already, I keep this place running smoothly. I didn't advance to the position of chief maid for nothing - I've worked here for years. You've been in Gensokyo for, what, two weeks? I was already taking a massive risk by letting you go down there again in the first place, but then you nearly go and blow it by not coming along quietly..."

Damn, she's scary right now..! While you had already gained a bit of a hint of how the old(?) cold Sakuya must have been like from her interactions with Meiling and the clumsy maids, this time she seems almost furious. You think 'almost', because even when she's raising her voice at you there's some sort restraint you can sense in her motions and speech. Well, if she likes you enough not to get completely angry at you, then maybe she'll also be forgiving towards you; you throw up your hands and spout out a quick and clumsy apology.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I just, ah, well, you know... I was hoping I could make some progress down there, but... I'm sorry, I should've listened to you right away."

The ice gradually seems to melt, and she sighs at you, shaking her head as she does disturbingly often when dealing with you and your mishaps.
"Eh, I guess I can't stay too mad at you. Just... don't argue with me. I get frustrated when someone deliberately makes my job harder - and I'm not talking about breaking a few lightbulbs here. Lightbulbs can be replaced, but the delicate balance I've built up here over the years?"

You get the point.
"I won't."

"Good. Then we're on the same page here. Anyway..." Seeming much more relaxed now than before, she leans on the kitchen counter, brushing a silvery lock of hair off her face. It's odd how this unusual hair color doesn't make her seem old or strange; it just suits her, somehow.
"So, it didn't go well, then?"

"Not as well as I had hoped. I didn't want to push her against her will, but I was hoping she'd say something more..." Fidgeting a little nervously, you continue, a feeling of uncertainty squeezing your hearth.
"I have no idea when I'll be able to talk to her next, and I'd really like to clear this misunderstanding up."

"Well," the maid replies, a pensive look on her face, blue eyes fixed upon a non-specific point on the ceiling, "I'd think you did make some progress, in a way."

"How so?"

"Think about it. She probably knew you were here from the moment you stepped foot inside the mansion - vampires are good at that sort of thing." Yes, you were already told this...
"But now she knows you're worried about her, enough to seek her out yourself. And she also knows you're not going to pressure her into talking about anything, if she doesn't want it. I'd say this at least shows her that you care about her."

"Mmm..."

"You -DO- care about her, don't you?"

"Of course I do!" What a foolish question!

"Hm... How much?"

"Huh?"

"How much do you care about her?"

Huh... Dear lord, not this question again. Remilia's already pestered you about it two or three times by now, and now Sakuya is going to start interrogating you about your feelings towards this girl you met two weeks ago, too? You're still young, damn it, the ways of your own heart are almost as much of a mystery to you as that of females!

"I'm not sure if I can give you an adequate answer to that... I've been asked that a few times already during my two weeks here, but I don't think I can accurately put it into words in so short of a timeframe. I'm not even sure I know for sure, at least in any more detail than 'I like her a lot'."

She just snickers in response.
"Don't take it so seriously, kid, I'm just teasing you. Of course..." That dangerous glint briefly flashes in her eyes one last time.
"...If you choose to get involved with the girl, I hope you realize I'm going to have to keep a very close eye on both of you. I only respect privacy to the point where it doesn't interfere with my work."

"I understand..."

...

An awkward silence of sorts, Sakuya still having a mild smirk on her face, yet you feeling a little shaken up after this little episode. A random thought occurs to you out of the blue, and you decide to ask her something, more to drive your mind off more serious subjects than any true curiosity.
"...So. Do you keep carrying me around, or what? I keep finding myself somewhere else whenever you stop time."

A hearty chuckle, and Sakuya flexes her arm with a playful wink, hints of a biceps that would probably beat your own briefly visible before her arm regains its smooth and slender, womanly appearance.
"You're not too heavy."

"Ah-haha... I was actually kidding. Damn, you're like some sort of super-woman, keeping the mansion running almost all by yourself like this, and-..."

"Oh, but doesn't that make you just a little bit curious?"

Hmm?
"About what?"

"Heh. I wonder, are you a little bit slow, or am I assuming too much here?" She's smirking again, and this doesn't exactly make you feel very confident in yourself...

"...What do you mean?"

Suddenly, she leans in next to you, her lips a mere inch from your ear, whispering softly to you.
"...Aren't you thinking of what else I could've possibly done to you while time was stopped? What I could be doing even right now... without you being able to notice... or do anything about it..."

...

"That's..."

Kind of hot, actually. Still, she pulls back with another reserved chuckle, wagging her finger more to herself than you.
"Alright, alright, that's enough teasing... Ah. What time is it, anyway?" Pulling the antique-looking pocketwatch out of her uniform, she frowns mildly, just as a company of fairy maids rushes into the kitchen in a single file, carrying assorted dirty dishes and the like.

"Well, the mistress has made some rather unreasonable demands of me, and I'd better get to work if I'm going to finish them by tomorrow. Contrary to what everyone seems to believe, I -don't- have all the time in the world." You'd smirk about now, but choose not to, just in case.
"Say, kid - do you think you could do a huge favor for -me- this time?"

"It'd only be fair, wouldn't it?"

"Yes it would, indeed." A friendly smile, before she continues.
"Could I leave this to you, just today? Washing the dishes, drying them, putting them back in place, helping out with anything else that needs to be taken care of and is simple enough..? You can boss the maids around if you need to, just tell them I said it's okay and they'll treat your word as if it were my own."
A bit of a considerate look finds its way to her face for a moment all of a sudden, as if she feels she's asking something unfair from you.
"Of course, you're a guest, so I really shouldn't be asking you to do this. If you had other plans, don't let me interrupt them. Seriously, you wouldn't even have to feel guilty about it, I'm not that kind of girl."

That encouraging smile of hers certainly beats the angry glare you were subject to just a while ago...



[] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
[] "Wouldn't it be better to leave that stuff to the maids and have me help out with these demands of your mistress? I'd rather you didn't stress yourself alone, and I'm curious about the mysterious '-that-' which Remilia mentioned...
[] "Actually, I was planning on..."
-{} (write-in)
>> No. 108762
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

Yes ma'am.

Sakuya has the patience of a saint to put up with Jin sometimes.
>> No. 108763
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108764
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108765
[] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP ENOUGH TO VOTE!
>> No. 108766
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108767
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108768
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
[X] Why not practice thy "potential" by using it in aid of the task's completion? Maybe just making the dish rag dry the plates on a flat surface rather than floating in the air.

We'll need her help later on for flying unless we can find another willing teacher. Not to mention this may as well be a quick test on Jin's capability of multi-tasking

inb4 humans were never meant to multitask and Jin just destroys all the dishes in the process by being surprised.
>> No. 108769
[x] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

Don't want to intrude on any other work which may not require Jin's assistance.
>> No. 108772
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
-[X] Why not practice thy "potential" by using it in aid of the task's completion? Maybe just making the dish rag dry the plates on a flat surface rather than floating in the air.
-[X] Still, you don't want to make a mess-again- If you don't succeed at first, keep trying until you waste too much time or break a single dish. Then give up.

Practicing his power is good, but not if he keeps breaking stuff because of it.. It'd be good if he ends up being a natural about this (I wonder, is he a natural at ANYTHING?) but if he isn't, he should just finish the task that the (not so) perfect and elegant maid gave him ASAP.
Like anon said, it's only natural to repay her godlike patience with a little favor like this.
>> No. 108776
Taisa, you asshole. I do not like Sakuya.

...SO STOP MAKING ME LIKE HER ALREADY, YOU FAGGOT.
>> No. 108777
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

Well... I guess it went well. I presume Flan was talking about seeing her in the disheveled state.

Now let's see how this can possibly go wrong.
>> No. 108778
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

Since everything we use our power on explodes... we should wait till we're more experienced.
>> No. 108787
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108788
[x] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108791
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108792
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
-[X] Why not practice thy "potential" by using it in aid of the task's completion? Maybe just making the dish rag dry the plates on a flat surface rather than floating in the air.
-[X] Still, you don't want to make a mess-again- If you don't succeed at first, keep trying until you waste too much time or break a single dish. Then give up.
>> No. 108797
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

If we're trying to help decrease Sakuya's workload, this probably isn't the best time to be trying to find more uses for our mind powers. Mind powers that, up to now, have shown a rather clear trend of making the things they're used on go BOOM.
>> No. 108799
>>108797
>Mind powers that, up to now, have shown a rather clear trend of making the things they're used on go BOOM.

You forget that one instance where Jin had been left behind in Flandre's room where the heavy steel(?) doors were closed and he had to use those very same powers to move them to leave.

All the more reason to train those powers to avoid making things go BOOM.
>> No. 108800
>>108799

Yes, but we did just ask her a rather large favor and kind of sort of pissed her off in the process. Do we really want to add to that by accidentally blowing the shit out the dishes?

I'm all for learning how to use this ability, but this just doesn't seem like a very good idea at the moment.

[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108801
>You can boss the maids around if you need to, just tell them I said it's okay and they'll treat your word as if it were my own.
Head Maid Jin. He shouldn't forget to ask if he can borrow one of her uniforms for the job. Serve Patchy like that, maybe we can make her laugh.
>> No. 108802
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108805
>>108799
>>You forget that one instance where Jin had been left behind in Flandre's room where the heavy steel(?) doors were closed and he had to use those very same powers to move them to leave.

You mean the extremely thick, heavily-reinforced metal doors to her room? The ones that were, in all likelihood specifically designed to be able to contain someone who easily surpasses us in terms of both raw physical strength and destructive power? The ones that, considering Flandre's own abilities, were probably even designed to be capable of surviving those abilities?

Uh, yeah. Somehow, I don't think that's a particularly good example to use if you want a proof of concept for the notion that Jin's powers can do something other than break stuff. Especially when the dishes you want to practice with are probably a lot easier to break than a door that was, quite possibly, specifically designed to not break.

Just a hunch.
>> No. 108813
I think it'd be better that Jin practice is his power on things no one cares about breaking (I.e. NOT dishes)
>> No. 108817
[x] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

Votey vote.
>> No. 108818
File 12619495892.jpg - (19.57KB , 449x338 , anglypatchouri.jpg ) [iqdb]
108818
>>108768
>>108772
>>108792
>> No. 108819
[X] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."
>> No. 108823
[P] "Sure, sounds good. If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

Hooray for the hivemind?
>> No. 108824
>>108823

Seems everyone's on the same page, that is until it turned out this choice hinders progress among a certain route, at which point shitstorms will begin anew.

Now if anyone finds any major kinks please reveal them now, we don't need another "Rumia meeting Flan" quality backfire. (That's what happened the last time everyone was on the same page)
>> No. 108826
>>108824
>"Rumia meeting Flan"
>everyone was on the same page

I'm sorry, what story have you been reading?
>> No. 108832
>>108826

Remember what happened when we voted to try to make Flan and Rumia friends and how that turned out? Basically most of the folks agreed on that and look what happened. The resistance if any was very slight compared to the trademark shitstorms this story has.
>> No. 108842
File 126198878192.jpg - (38.29KB , 300x300 , 1154475517276.jpg ) [iqdb]
108842
>>108832
I'm sorry, but are people going to keep using that one incident as an argument against any possible action they find objectionable? Because, as I recall, that exact same thing was used to argue against going to give Flandre her food, and as far as I can tell doing so has not resulted in the catastrophic backfire that certain parties seemed so desperate to convince us was what was going to happen.

Yes, mindless bandwagoning can be bad. Yes, that particular case did not go anywhere near as well as the people voting for it might have hoped. And, yes, we should learn from our mistakes so that we might avoid repeating them.

But come on, get over it already. Considering the circumstances, as well as information that has come about since then, there is no way that particular scenario would have ended without something going wrong. If Rumia had hid, Flandre would either have found her, or she would have picked up on Jin lying about her. If Rumia fled through the window, again, Flandre would probably have picked up on even the slightest hint of dishonesty in whatever explanation Jin might have offered.

As involved as those two girls are in Jin's life, there's no way they could be kept apart forever. Sooner or later, they'd run into each other while in our company, and we'd find ourselves in a situation similar to the one we're in now.

So calm down, relax, and take it easy. Life isn't just about avoiding problems and hardships, it's about dealing with the ones you're dealt as best as you can.
>> No. 108846
For the fiftieth time, take it to /words/
>> No. 108854
>>108846
I think we've brought /words/ here.

>>108824
I was bashing my head against the desk as the votes racked-up for that stupid stupid choice.
>> No. 108875
>>108842
ぞう なのか?
>> No. 108877
>>108875
>ぞ
>> No. 108881
>>108877
http://www.eudict.com/?lang=jpkeng&word=%E8%B1%A1&go=Search

Or, alternately:

thatsthejoke.jpg
>> No. 108886
>>108881

Hm

I learned something today.
>> No. 109063
File 126232183358.jpg - (381.42KB , 888x1500 , 0ce5d593d84ace395e6f1d059c26ec7b.jpg ) [iqdb]
109063
Everyone loves Sakuya.
>> No. 109065
>>109063
I suppose this is a very subtle 'get back to work nigger', isn't it.
>> No. 109071
File 126232453290.jpg - (176.80KB , 348x1024 , 00fb1d0cbc53ad8d22765cdd9f9c284a.jpg ) [iqdb]
109071
>>109065
Actually i just wanted to bring the Thread back to the first page.
But yeah, to bring it back to your attention.
>> No. 109078
>>109065

And what a nice way to start up the new year with a new update from a usually consistent writefag~!
>> No. 109082
>>109063
Meiling looks like she's enjoying that hug in a non-platonic way.
>> No. 109088
>>109071
What does a vampire need to look in a mirror, for?
>> No. 109116
Alright, alright, writing begins.
>> No. 109151
File 126247156714.jpg - (235.18KB , 500x500 , 1262380911216.jpg ) [iqdb]
109151
>> No. 109152
File 12624716368.jpg - (78.82KB , 600x560 , 1262380476735.jpg ) [iqdb]
109152
>> No. 109153
File 126247169173.jpg - (98.91KB , 480x480 , Patchouli03.jpg ) [iqdb]
109153
Writefag Bait
>> No. 109154
File 126247174689.jpg - (286.45KB , 640x640 , 1257818751065.jpg ) [iqdb]
109154
>> No. 109155
>>109151
>>109154

Your bait seems to not be working.I suggest you use a superior bait.
>> No. 109156
File 126247229172.png - (39.93KB , 300x300 , 1261677681630.png ) [iqdb]
109156
>>109155
>> No. 109157
>>109156
brb, gotta stop writing for a quick fap.
>> No. 109165
File 126247548768.jpg - (784.04KB , 768x1024 , 9740f6fed20236764912edd369da8bf0.jpg ) [iqdb]
109165
>>109152
>>109153
No. You have to use Remilia as a bait or else it will not work.
>> No. 109174
Actually, patchy worked.

Sakuya worked too well.
>> No. 109193
File 126250713092.jpg - (279.91KB , 636x718 , 6edb785b9b4c6ed95f13a5ad778098df.jpg ) [iqdb]
109193
We really need an update faster Taisa thread in /words/
>> No. 109195
File 126251020860.jpg - (15.58KB , 250x253 , deadpanmomiji.jpg ) [iqdb]
109195
Longest. Fap. Ever.
>> No. 109198
>>109193

You folks want Taisa to update faster? Less shitstorms then, from everyone.

Since I think everyone's getting tired of it, and that crazy suggestion I heard someone say once of "Drop GH, just do Touhouvania" is starting to sound less like lunacy and more like a good idea.
>> No. 109204
File 126252621471.jpg - (372.82KB , 761x1000 , 1246799067352.jpg ) [iqdb]
109204
>>109198
I never said "Drop GH, just do Touhouvania", i just pointed out that i am happy that Taisa updates it more often due to the shitstorms here.
>> No. 109205
>>109204

>I never said [...]

>But I did. Lunacy or inspired brilliance?
>> No. 109259
File 126257891795.jpg - (157.49KB , 500x684 , c0c39c499f28e35f46482e8ab06ac828.jpg ) [iqdb]
109259
You don't even need to think this over very long. Another debt, another obligation to pay it off - and let's face it, you hardly mind doing something like this to help out every now and then, right?
"Sure, sounds good," you respond eagerly, jokingly saluting the maid. Receiving a mildly amused smirk in response, you resume speaking, just to emphasize your feelings on the matter.
"If it'll repay even a fraction of the debt I owe you for taking that risk for me, I'll do my best."

"That's good! Because only the best is good enough for the mistress, after all." The nonchalant way she delivers this reply is just mildly worrying, all of a sudden... However, she merely chuckles lightly, casually placing one hand on her hip and shaking her head before continuing.
"Relax, relax, I'm sure you'll be fine. As I said, just get the maids to help you out, show you what goes where and all that. I'll go over things later myself, just to make sure it's done properly, so... don't worry about it."

"...Doesn't that counteract the whole lightening-your-workload idea, if you have to check everything up later anyway?"

Another smirk.
"Well, kid, let me tell you a little motto of mine... Trust, but make sure." Doesn't sound very trusting at all really; ah well. You'll just have to do that much of a thorough job then, so Sakuya won't have to waste her time and energy on fixing up any mistakes you make. Wonder what she's going to be so busy with, though. Ah, but before you can even ask-...

"Well, thanks! Bye!" A wink and a wave later she's gone in the blink of an eye. You can't help but wonder whether she could teach you to do that, sometime... Seems awfully convenient, no? Being able to stop time and scurry off like that would definitely solve any survival issues you'd encounter in Gensokyo. That is, assuming you don't just manage to work your talent for cheesy monologues and what charisma you may possibly possess towards turning all hostilities into your friends. Kind of like Rumia. Well, only kind of - she still seems to consider herself the antagonist in your life, even if she's been going about it in an awkward and roundabout way since you accidentally beat her in that duel. You can only hope she won't end up causing further trouble to you in the near future - but, well, knowing your luck? Yeah.

Ah, but where were you? Oh yes. Dishes, dishes everywhere, an entire kitchen full of dirty dishes, you're drowning in dirty dishes. And a small troop of fairy maids surrounding you, looking up at you expectantly. Oh, right...

"Um." The moment you utter a nose, the whole bunch of them stand up at attention; you'd hardly be surprised if they spontaneously saluted you to boot...
"Well. Sa-..." You immediately correct yourself the moment you hear some of them gasping in disbelief, or glancing about in shock.
"...Miss Izayoi has asked me to help out with the dishes and other chores for the afternoon, so, ah... Looking forward to working with you all. Just point me in the right direction, and-..."

Immediately they all scurry off in different directions, some bolder ones grabbing you by the sleeve and leading you around the kitchen here and there - soap here, huh? Well okay, thanks-... oh, rubber gloves? Well, sure, that's probably a-... Ah, okay, a brush, a sponge, good. Well then, let's-...

Aaaaaaaaaa there's too many of the little things

Okay

Okay

Cool it. Calm, focused, in control... In control. That's right, Sakuya did effectively delegate her authority to you, temporarily. The moment you dare attempt asking them to help you out with this, they all bow nearly low enough to hit their heads against their knees - they've either got a lot of respect for Sakuya... or a lot of fear. Or both, possibly, judging by how harsh she was with those two fairies earlier, and how spine-chillingly cold her voice and expression seemed to turn. You'd think she considers them little more than worthless, flawed tools, as opposed to lifeforms... But Sakuya is supposed to be nice, right?

Anyway, you've got to get this organized, first. Maybe if you formed a sort of line along the kitchen... Yeah, something like that. A few maids CAREFULLY taking dishes to the others, for starters; good thing the kitchen is so large and has multiple sinks, so you can get many things washed at the same time. Okay, so, let's start with the silverware, shall we? You and a bunch of fairy maids, standing in small rows next to sinks, cleaning and scrubbing... They seem to relax over time, seeming less tense and more cheerful, as you'd expect fairies to be like. Or so you'd think. That Cirno girl from school is a bit of a grouch, really...

Aaanyway. Moving on to the plates and such. You try breaking the silence a bit by engaging in conversation with the fairies, but you make the fatal mistake of trying to exchange names to get to know them better; coincidentally, you seem to have instinctively introduced yourself by your nickname again. In any case, all of the fairies have short, easy to remember names, and no last names at all, but... Well, they'd be easy to remember if there weren't so goddamn many of them. You can at least remember the name of the one claiming to be the head of this squad (squad? seriously?) of maids, her position noted by a symbol on the sleeve of her uniform. Fleur. As with all the other fairies, she's got a slightly wacky color scheme going on - red hair, green eyes. Well, okay, it'd be wackier if those colors were reversed, but the antenna-hair hairstyle still makes her somewhat quirky-looking. Combined with the wings on her back, it makes her look kind of... buggy? At least she's trying to inhibit her shyness enough to talk to you normally, although you're mildly concerned over how she's obviously trying to do too much too fast for her little body to keep up, constantly exclaiming how proud she's going to make miss Izayoi feel, up to the point where you look away for a split second and she's suddenly carrying a stack of plates taller than she is, losing balance with a frightened yelp, and...

There's no crash. The sound of plates sliding and clacking against one another stops, your hands supporting the tilted stack from one angle, and another pair of hands supporting it from the other side, the scared and confused fairy between you two glancing left and right in a timid manner, eyes wet and shiny as if she's about to cry even though the crisis was averted.

"Hello again, Koakuma."

The devil girl smiles at you in greeting, and the two of you assist Fleur by each taking a smaller stack of plates off her hands, leaving her with something she can manage and carrying them off with her.

"It's a good thing you happened to come by when you did. I owe you one."

Koakuma merely smirks and shakes her head lightly. You can't help but stare at those wings on her head as she does so - are they meant to be her ears? You can't quite tell... If she does have human-like ears, they're hidden behind all that hair of hers.

"So, what brings you to the kitchen anyway?"

A bit of a nervous look and some awkward head-gestures remind you that she doesn't speak. Oh, right. You can't help but wonder whether the whole seductive-voice thing is true, or just something made up to cover up a different reason behind her vow of silence, though... It's a little puzzling when you interact with a woman without ever hearing her voice. Ah well. Having placed the plates in their respective cupboards, you turn to her with a friendly wave before heading back.

"Well, thanks for the help. I'll see you around, alright?"

Suddenly, her hands on your shoulders. She's stopping you, although neither of you is struggling against the other particularly hard. You touch her hand with your own, yet contact with her skin seems to sap the strength from your arm; odd, this didn't happen earlier when she was fondling you...

"Er, Koa..."

A soft, suppressed giggle from behind you; you can feel something soft pressing against your back, about chest-level... Oh god.

"...I don't suppose this means-..."

You swallow; she leans closer to you. You can feel her breath against your ear, which is probably turning a deep shade of crimson by now.

"-...that you want to help out some more?"

She nips at your ear. The sensation of her lips sends a wave of heat through your entire body, both numbing and overloading your senses at the same time. If that makes any sense at all. Glancing down in front of yourself, you see a wide-eyed Fleur standing before you, face a bright red and eyes wide open, staring at you. You send a glare that says 'speak of this to no one' in her direction, and she promptly gets the message, dashing off clumsily. She actually trips once, before vanishing from the kitchen. Cute. But you've got someone else to focus on for now... Pulling yourself from Koakuma's grasp, you give her a bit of a serious look for a moment, her looking right back at you with a coy smile.

Mhm.

Mhm?

"You... want to help out?"

She repeats the quiet sound, nodding her head this time, still smiling. A bit less of a devilish smile this time, though. Well, you're not one to deny a helping hand, especially from Patchouli's assistant; in a sense, she's your colleague. Which, well, makes her random acts of fondling you just that much more awkward, really... Anyway, long story short - you spend the next hour or two doing other assorted chores and tasks around the mansion, loosely commanding the squad of maids through Fleur (who seems -very- eager to redeem herself after nearly destroying a set of plates, constantly looking up at you with big shining eyes whenever she does something right, as if begging you for praise). Koakuma keeps you a sort of company, although she's obviously not much of a conversational partner. Regardless, it's actually kind of fun - you really don't mind doing something like this. Being surrounded by a bunch of cute - if mostly clumsy - girls in maid uniforms certainly helps.

"Well, that's about all there is to do for a while," you say to Koakuma after getting the report on the situation from Fleur, the fairies around you already beginning to scatter about in all directions, leaving the three of you in a random room somewhere in the middle of the mansion. How you got this far from the kitchen without being dead tired is beyond you.
"Thanks for everything. You've been a big help."

Koakuma makes dismissive hand gestures at you, smiling lightly as if she were trying to soundlessly laugh. You keep your eyes open and your senses a little tense, just in case she tries anything funny again... (not that you'd mind -that- much...) ...but she doesn't seem to be feeling as flirty anymore, for the moment.

"Shouldn't you be heading back to the library by now? Miss Knowledge must be worried about where her assistant's gone off to, after all... Or did she send you to the kitchen for something?"

She smirks in a more amused manner and merely shrugs her shoulders at you. Ah, if only she could speak to you..! Then trying to communicate with her wouldn't be such a one-sided, cryptic experience. You're almost tempted to rip a page out of your sketchbook and ask her to write on it, but she gives you a wave of the fingers and casually strolls past you, in the general direction of the library...

...but not without gripping your ass and giving it a mild squeeze on the way past you. You can barely keep yourself from yelping in surprise, and you speechlessly gaze over your shoulder as she leaves the room, eyes involuntarily aiming down to those hips, dat ass, that tail of hers wagging in an almost excited manner...

This leaves you alone in the room. Well, not exactly alone; glancing to the side, you notice a very embarrassed looking Fleur twiddling her fingers together or fiddling with the edge of her uniform skirt, averting her eyes every time you look in her general direction, only to peer back at you timidly as you turn away, her wings twitching in a nervous manner. Heh...



So, what to do?
[] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
[] Touch the mansion with your mind, attempt to locate Sakuya. Maybe Remilia is with her, too?
[] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-{} So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.
[] (Write-in.)

--------

>Drop GH, just do Touhouvania

Hmm...

What should I do?
[] Put GH on hiatus after current thread fills up, finish Touhouvania, get back to GH when you figure out where you wanted to go with it again and get your groove back.
[] Get back to work you lazy nigger, we want our rage-inducing highschool story.
[] (Write-in?)

>> No. 109261
[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
--{x} Apologize for lying earlier, but you were trying to avoid a second mess in the same day.

We might as well be safe than soul-sucked.

[x] Either propose a routelock vote or put GH on Hiatus; these shitstorms have got to stop.

Look at how his updates been slowing down, it's clear one way or another that they're taking their toll on him. And if he puts GH on Hiatus and works on the story that isn't 90% shitstorms, so be it.
>> No. 109265
[X] Rape the maids

Strike-out doesn't work too well on single letters.
>> No. 109268
[X] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-{X} So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.
--[X] ask for some suggestion in preparation for a certain physical event occurring at school for some one who physically speaking is average at best.

Isn't there an upcoming event where physical training before it occurs would be invaluable..?
Gives him an excuse to freshen up via shower after perhaps some physical training

---

What should Taisa do?
[X]Taisa should do whatever he truly feels comfortable in regards to writing which ever story at his own pace within reasonable time tables unless something unexpected occurs.

Gensokyo High at heart is not rage inducing, it's certain anons ideals and predetermined opinions that bring about the rage. At the very beginning, the concept of Flandre having a route being a more mature/advanced relationship beyond familial had been thought impossible/taboo. Now it's more zealotry behind certain touhous that spark controversy along with internet tough guys shoving elitism at one another and more.

>> No. 109269
>>109268
THIS a thousand times this. Listen to this man, Taisa.
>> No. 109272
File 12625818128.jpg - (300.47KB , 785x925 , 3dd50676c767830ab91c93852ac2b589.jpg ) [iqdb]
109272
[X] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{X} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.

Simply because I really think Taisa is going somewhere with the whole Koakuma thing.
>> No. 109275
>>109272

That and Jin's a sucker for a babe in need. Look what happened with Patchouli when she needed a mana transfer.

>>109268
It would be useful, but not vital like making sure that Jin doesn't get his soul sucked out of him.

that and you're right about the reasons behind the shitstorms This has digressed beyond merely whose route to follow and more about ego and pride.
>> No. 109277
[] Touch the mansion with your mind, attempt to locate Sakuya. Maybe Remilia is with her, too?

I'd like to vote this, despite the wording making me somewhat uneasy, and it'd also be nice to unwind with Meiling, however

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.

Basically for the same reason as >>109261 (in regards to the soul-sucking and Koa's new-found interest in us)I'm hoping this won't take too long and we can go spend time with other Touhous for awhile.


Yep. Needs to be understood that the majority of shitstorms seem to have been from overreactions and fan wars.Instead of bitching and moaning, and taking cracks at each other, people should be offering the writer constructive criticism outside the realm of 'WRITE MOAR'(Taisa, I love your story and I know cycling through synonyms is a bitch, but you need to use a wider variety of adjectives!), and possibly even discussing where we're going with the story itself. That's not to say there hasn't been writer some error, but the mood of the voting and discussion is entirely anon's domain. I'm too tired to write something super-inspiring, but I would like Taisa to be aware that there are a good number of perfectly civil readers/voters following this, and they're following it for a reason. As for a route-lock, I'm a bit conflicted. A vote was held, and the idea was rejected. However, I can see the potential merit in having a set target established, for a number of reasons, a semblance of cohesion being an important one. In the end, I believe that as long as a vote wasn't held for WHO anon wanted to route-lock (I doubt Taisa would be that foolish), the story would continue, and maybe the grumbling would die down. Granted these are all assumptions, but the bottom line in the end I guess is, Take it Easy! All of you.
>> No. 109278
[X] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{X} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

She did a good job. She deserves some praise. And her own route. Time to start romancing Fleur.

[X] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{X} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
--{X} "With the way things are going, something is going to happen between us. I like to think that I have a lot of will power, but even as idealistic as I am, I don't think I can trust myself to keep my hands off of her, or keep her hands off of me. Especially because I get the feeling that she would really enjoy it."
---{X} "I am so sorry for always putting you through these things, Patchouli. Sometimes I feel like such a burden."

Patchouli has the patience of a saint for dealing with Jin as she does. Still, I love the dynamic of us doing unnecessary things for her, and then her saving our bacon. Although, her own "unnecessary" gesture of making lunch for Jin was heart-meltingly cute. One more reason to pursue the Patchouli route.
>> No. 109279
[x] Praise Fleur for a job well done. You couldn't have done it without her!
-[x] Ruffle her hair.
[x] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-[x] So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.

Don't forget the little one.

>[] Put GH on hiatus
Good LORD, NO.
>> No. 109281
Oh, yes, I forgot to vote for that other thing...

[X] Do whatever the fuck you want, as long as it makes you feel comfortable. Even if I would like this to keep going.
>> No. 109284
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
>> No. 109285
OP of >>109268 here and I'd like to make an addendum to it with*

[X] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{X} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

Can't believe I forgot the little one.
IM SO SORRY FLEUR, HOW ABOUT AN AWESOME PAINTING FOR YOU TO KEEP CLOSE TO YOUR HEART AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS!?
>> No. 109288
File 126258483744.gif - (72.65KB , 834x356 , 125536566381.gif ) [iqdb]
109288
>She nips at your ear.

I'M ROCK HARD!
>> No. 109289
>>109277

I'm about at the point where I don't quite care who gets route locked in such a scenario.

Though I'd much prefer it to be Flan, but Sakuya and Patchy have their merits.

>>109261 Here, and I'd like to add this:

[X] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{X} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."
>> No. 109290
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
-{x} Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.


{x} Get back to nigger, work
>> No. 109291
>>109289

I dropped the idea of pursuing Sakuya early on when Jin started hanging out with Flan, and I just can't picture Patchouli as a love interest in this story. Her straight to the point attitude is kind of boring.
>> No. 109292
[X] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-{X} So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.
--[X] ask for some suggestion in preparation for a certain physical event occurring at school for some one who physically speaking is average at best.

I like this Jin needs to work out some with Meiling
>> No. 109293
I think a routelock would be best. It would cause a shitstorm in itself, but it would put an end to most of it in the long run.
>> No. 109294
[x] Praise Fleur for a job well done. You couldn't have done it without her!
-[x] Ruffle her hair.
[+] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-[+] Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.

I was worried we might forget our little maid helper but, lo, we have a nice Fleur-y of write-in responses.

I'm going to avoid the second question as all advice I've ever given to writers tends to backfire. Not even spectacularly; just a mediocre kind of backfiring.
>> No. 109295
[X] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{X} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.


[x] Get back to work you lazy nigger, we want our rage-inducing highschool story.
>> No. 109296
[x]Tell fleur she should take a 15 minute break

[X] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-{X} So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.
>> No. 109298
>>109291

I started reading this in the middle of it, but I saw how it was on the Flan path, and wanted to follow it, even giving up on chances for other routes. But I'm willing to put aside my own wants and ego aside for the good for the story as a whole. After all, what good is winning if there's hardly anything left?)

>>109290
good way of putting the apologize for lying subvote.

>>109293
Yeah and it'll allow for clearer thinking towards the good of the story. Just look at the typical story where Anon's actually decided and sticking to a single target.
>> No. 109301
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
[x] "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."
[x] "Although, a break every once in awhile doesn't sound so bad. Why don't you join me for tea? I'd like to get to learn more about you and the rest of the mansion's maids."
-[x] Talk with her casually about what they do all day, what you could do to get on better terms with them and how to stop being so scary, any rumors floating amongst the servants about the residents, exactly how they view Sakuya as, if they get any days off, etc.

Relaxin' with the maids~
>> No. 109303
[X] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-{X} So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.
--[X] Ask for some suggestion in preparation for a certain physical event occurring at school for some one who physically speaking is average at best.

[X] Get back to work you lazy nigger, we want our rage-inducing highschool story.
>> No. 109306
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
-{x} Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.

[x] Just update what you want, when you want. GH and Touhouvania are both excellent stories.
>> No. 109313
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] Just update what you want. GH and Touhouvania are both excellent stories.
>> No. 109314
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
-{x} Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.

This whole exercise with Patchouli (and to a lesser degree Koakuma) which seems to connect to the source of Patchy's malaise and new-found vigor, as well as her constant bewilderment over Jin's concern about Koakuma being both a person and a danger really keeps the story moving from my perspective.

At a time when Remilia is getting fed sedatives, Flan having a hissy fit, and Sakuya doing... whatever Sakuya might be doing on a day off (which is partially why I'm hesitant to see Meiling right now).

I'm also wondering what the fallout from his choice of etymology of Jin not being distinctly pro-Patchouli, but not opposed either.

Finally, Patchy as someone who maintains no pretensions surrounded by girls who clearly use surprise as a tool to gain leverage on Jin. Even if romance was left in limbo it'd be hard to find another kindred spirit, who cares about the people he cares about and (unlike Sakuya) will freely offer advice and talk openly on these matters.
>> No. 109324
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
--{x} Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.

Concentrate on GH, Taisa.
>> No. 109327
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
--{x} Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.

Suddenly, Fleur as a possible route. Lets do it.
>> No. 109334
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
--{x} Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.

[x] Put GH on hiatus after current thread fills up, finish Touhouvania, get back to GH when you figure out where you wanted to go with it again and get your groove back.
If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. Forcing yourself to write will only make you hate this story.
>> No. 109336
[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.

With regards to GH and Touhouvania, do what you want. I'd prefer more attention be given to GH, but if things get too out of hand here, take a break from it and do Touhouvania.

If we act up, we should be punished.

By Sakuya.
>> No. 109339
[x] Praise Fleur for a job well done. You couldn't have done it without her!
-[x] Ruffle her hair.
[x] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-[x] So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.

[x] Get back to work you lazy nigger, we want our rage-inducing highschool story.
>> No. 109341
[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.

It's Patchy Time.

[x] Put GH on hiatus after current thread fills up, finish Touhouvania, get back to GH when you figure out where you wanted to go with it again and get your groove back.

If you're just cranking out updates, it shows on both slowdown & quality. Better to write the story you enjoy.
>> No. 109347
[x] Praise Fleur for a job well done. You couldn't have done it without her!
-[x] Ruffle her hair.
[x] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-[x] So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.

For some reason, I feel like spending some time with China. Strange, since she's one of my least liked touhous.

And I really don't want anything with Koakuma, at least not during this weekend.
>> No. 109351
File 126265091570.gif - (85.12KB , 640x680 , 2efa23c5bec44e738df3be32c2f04c473c450552.gif ) [iqdb]
109351
[x] Praise Fleur for a job well done. You couldn't have done it without her!
-[x] Ruffle her hair.
[x] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-[x] So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.

MEILING MEILING HONG MEILING

Because it's a good idea. And ask her about dem lessons.
>> No. 109353
{Ruffle Fleur's hair.
- {"You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."}}
{You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
- {Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
-- {Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.}}}

{You did a really good job today, Taisa; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Anonymous what a big help you were, so keep working.}
>> No. 109360
[x] Ruffle Fleur's hair.
-{x} "You did a really good job today, Fleur; just try to remember not to do more at once than you can. I'll make sure to tell Sakuya what a big help you were, so keep working."

[x] You -really- ought to go talk to Patchouli about those 'precautions', just in case Koakuma goes overboard at some point...
-{x} Actually, maybe you should tell Patchouli what's been going on with you and her familiar. Ask her for her educated opinion and whatnot.
-{x} Apologize for lying earlier but you wanted to avoid giving her something else to worry about.

[x] In the end Taisa, it is all up to you. Disregard the arguing chucklefucks that pop up with the whole "MY TOOHOO IS BEST", or not. It's your story.
>> No. 109375
How about write ins only instead of choices for the next updates? Might lessen shitstorms and prevent lemming voting.
>> No. 109377
[B] Praise Fleur for a job well done. You couldn't have done it without her!
-[b] Ruffle her hair.
[B] You need to relax for a while after all that work.
-[b] So why not go relax with Meiling. She seems to be good at relaxation.
>> No. 109382
>>109375
This is an interesting idea.
>> No. 109383
>>109382

While not a bad idea, keeping it always a write in can have its own set of problem, example being Teruyo's DoALF 2nd run as of late.
>> No. 109385
>>109375
Except write-in only votes usually increase lemming voting, since Anon is too lazy to write something up unless all the existing choices are horrible. I'm not sure how exactly you think it would decrease shitstorms, either.
>> No. 109386
>>109375
Sure, why don't we suggest a snowball fight while we're at it?
>> No. 109392
>>109383

That's because only 4-6 people read it

But AGLA has that problem some since anon is prone to waiting for someone to do a write in.

And write ins only for this story would not reduce shit storms since it fails to address the root of the shitstorms: The fans and their egos. A certain fraction of all of them will not give up no matter how much damage is caused by the shitstorms.
>> No. 109430
>>109382

No Taisa, it is not. Write-ins only will slow down the voting dramatically and has a huge chance of sending the story very far from what you had planned. Things would get slow and without a proper direction.
>> No. 109481
The real problem with write-in only is that, well, all it would really do is move the shitstorms into the voting. Write ins are fine if the voters are few in number, mature, and not in conflict with each other, but I don't think anyone has any delusions of it working here.

And even if you did that, it wouldn't solve the core shitstorm problem, so all it really accomplishes is make it easier for shitstorms to happens.

>>109385
Also, what he said. Lemming votes.
>> No. 109484
Write-ins work best when we have normal votes to work off of.
>> No. 109533
the real reason shitstorms happen is because updates slowed the fuck down and anonymous got bored. shitstorms are the ground state for anons that are not sufficiently distracted.

so, in short: I blame you, writefag.
>> No. 109535
>>109533

it's a cycle, the shitstorms get worse, Taisa gets less motivated, thus more time for them to rage and so forth.

I've tried to advise him to call votes sooner as to reduce the length of them.

What is his fault is his way of putting certain choices. (The way he does it is kinda asking for them, even if it's unintentional)

the main progress of a shitstorm is mainly trying to persuade the undecideds to vote their way and it devolving into an argument where both sides seem to ignore the other's points.

And as said earlier the root is basically fans who would be damned if their route doesn't win. (I'm saying this about all walks of fandom having such folks.)
>> No. 109536
>>109533
tangentially, as a story goes on, the trend is for updates to get longer but less frequent. the additional length of updates, which grows linearly, by no means make up for the time between them, which grows exponentially.

I have several theories as to why this is so:

1. SRS BSNS. writefags spend too much time reading the discussions, considering implications and trying to work it into the story. a little of that is fine, but too much and it just won't move.

2. boredom. staying on the same plot, overthinking, causes boredom with it.

3. trying to out-do the last update. which is a game you'll never win, by the nature of it.

4. MW2 is great, isn't it?

recommendations: short, frequent updates. don't try to go all SERIOUS BUSINESS on the plottan because it's not a fucking novel. just pick with whatever and go with it. also don't spend too much time reading the inevitable shitstorms because most of the ideas therein suck ass.
>> No. 109537
>>109536

You forgot the part of Taisa's /sdm/ story that he still writes (and still has motivation to write in nice amounts)

Though I think the lack of motivation is caused by the fact that the shitstorms are such a point that they compose most of a typical GH thread.

This makes me wonder about Patchwork's update schedule (since up until recently, HLA has had its share of shitstorms, though oddly they've died down, perhaps due to GH showing the errors of such shitstorming?)

>4. MW2 is great, isn't it?

Contrary to popular belief, not everything thinks that's the greatest game on earth. He's much more of a castlevania fan.

Though he should really play super metroid sometime
>> No. 109538
>>109537
it only bothers you if you read it.

anyone who's been on 4chan for any length of time should know how to tl;dr.
>> No. 109539
>>109536
Needs more graphs.

>don't try to go all SERIOUS BUSINESS on the plottan because it's not a fucking novel.
SDM LA is somewhere between 100,000 and 120,000 words; "Fahrenheit 451" is ~46,000. Now obviously nobody writing here is going to be a contender for the Nobel Prize in Literature in the near future, but you can see that a CYOA is still a significant chunk of words, and it's only human nature to want those words to make sense and have some kind of purpose by the time the story ends.
>> No. 109540
>>109539
>make sense

sure.

>have some kind of purpose

this is where it all falls apart. having some sort of overarching theme in mind in a story where you don't have 100% control of its course will just lead to railroadan and faggotry.

this is more akin to RPGs than literature. the plot is likely to be shit because you can't coordinate it in advance. nor is the point to make a novel-worthy plot - it's the enjoyment of the players.
>> No. 109541
File 126285641969.jpg - (27.92KB , 432x352 , graph.jpg ) [iqdb]
109541
>>109539
here's your graph. 500 hours in mspaint.
>> No. 109542
>>109536
>the additional length of updates, which grows linearly, by no means make up for the time between them, which grows exponentially.

Uh, speak for yourself. A story that's creative and stylistically good is weighs more in my judgment than a story whose only notable quality is to update quickly, because in that latter regard there’s not an author today who’ll ever be able to match GM or glory day HY for me. The authors here know it too, which is the reason for the phenomenon you’ve described. As a general rule, they’re the types who always see themselves in competition with others and whether it takes on a friendly air or douchebag tone ala YAF, writers are always going to try to be the best in some area or carve out some new niche. They understand that even if they focus on hammering out updates at f5 speed, the majority of the readers are always going to be comparing them against the guys who came before and judging them short, which is exactly why they instead forge ahead in newer directions and do their own thing.

Don’t believe this hypothesis? Look no further than /sdm/. It’s because everyone saw that there was no way they could ever hope to match HY or Owen that it was dead for so long, and it’s also why we started to get stories focusing on the fairies.

At any rate, I don’t personally have a problem with this mindset. In fact, I appreciate it and think that it’s a credit to the site that people take the time to think about new and creative ways of showing us their visions of Gensokyo instead of blindly aping what’s been popular or successful. But that’s just me, I guess.

>>109540
>this is more akin to RPGs than literature.

Doesn’t have to be.

>the plot is likely to be shit because you can't coordinate it in advance.

Like everything, it depends on the author.

>nor is the point to make a novel-worthy plot - it's the enjoyment of the players.

This is precisely the line of rhetoric that’s used to defend Twilight.

@Taisa: When I compare Touhouvania with GH, I find the former to be better. Compared with how things have been recently in this story, it has a clearer sense of direction both with individual paragraphs are constructed and in how the general overlay of events has been unfolding. It comes off to me as the writing of one honestly inspired and enjoying what he's doing, but maybe I'm just misreading you.
>> No. 109543
>>109540
>having some sort of overarching theme in mind in a story where you don't have 100% control of its course will just lead to railroadan and faggotry.
I wasn't really talking about 'overarching themes', though; just regular story goals like killing the monster in the attic or destroying the black hole. These sort of things seem simple to keep track of, but they have a way of wandering away from you if you don't keep a close eye on them, and then you end up with 'filler episode syndrome' where the story stretches on and on and nothing significant happens.

>railroadan
I know most of the original THPers would flay me alive for saying this, but a little railroading isn't such a horrible thing. Look at some of the best stories on the boards now (herp derp opinions):

Palingenesia: We've only had one or two choices total.
Ancient Gensokyo: High levels of author interaction result in a mild railroading effect.
The Game: It would surprise the hell out of me if some of the particularly obfuscated choices weren't just excuses for the author to write whatever the hell he wants.

You've got a point saying that CYOAs are more like tabletop RPGs than books, but there's slightly less freedom of action in a CYOA, and that can translate into a far more compelling plot if handled correctly.
>> No. 109544
>>109542
1. to be judged as successful, a CYOA has to first fulfil an important criteria: it has to reach the ending. Crapped out halfway through? Need not apply.

>this is more akin to RPGs than literature.

>Doesn’t have to be.

it should be. only thing that stands between this place and fanfiction.net.

>This is precisely the line of rhetoric that’s used to defend Twilight.

I am mildly curious as to how a line of rhetoric that emphasises the enjoyment of players can be used to defend a piece of non-interactive fiction, but I will instead just say that this is hitler-likes-apples level fallacious reasoning.

My point is this: the story has to fit the medium in order to be viable. This particular medium demands frequent updates and a fairly loose overall plot.

there is a graveyard of half-finished stories on every board to demonstrate this point.

>railroadan
there is a time and place for non-interactive fanfiction, and that time and place is fanfiction.net.
>> No. 109546
>>109544
>to be judged as successful, a CYOA has to first fulfil an important criteria: it has to reach the ending.

So YWUiG isn’t successful? RaAN?

>it should be. only thing that stands between this place and fanfiction.net.

Okay, let me get this straight. You think the only difference that stands between the stories on this site and the stories on fanfiction.net are that the ones here have choices?

>I am mildly curious as to how a line of rhetoric that emphasises the enjoyment of players can be used to defend a piece of non-interactive fiction

Let me explain this in terms you can understand. Your proposition, given in your very own words is:

>nor is the point to make a novel-worthy plot - it's the enjoyment of the players

You are saying that for something to be considered a successful story, ergo a good story, the chief criterion on which we base this judgment, after the question of whether the story is complete, is how well it panders to the tastes of the audience.

I am saying that this is precisely the spirit of the arguments employed by Twilight apologists, who say that no matter how badly Stephanie Meyer mangles the English language, no matter how much the main character is a standin for herself, no matter that the entire supporting cast is shallow and contrived wish fulfillment for teenage girls; Twilight is entertaining and that’s all that matters in the end.

It’s a bad line of reasoning, not only because it’s used by people who don’t have even the faintest concept of standards, but also because it completely misunderstands the mentality of the people who write here. What that mentality is and an example supporting it was given above.

>My point is this: the story has to fit the medium in order to be viable. This particular medium demands frequent updates and a fairly loose overall plot.

This is what’s been done, not what has to be done.

>there is a graveyard of half-finished stories on every board to demonstrate this point.

And nearly everything in that graveyard is a story of the kind you’ve described. That’s not a coincidence, either. Writing something in short updates that you find personally satisfying is difficult because it doesn’t take too long for that feeling that nothing’s going anywhere to build up because you don’t feel the sense of purpose that comes with knowing where your story might be headed. If you have that rare talent for organizing your voters and having them all rally behind a single flag like HY was able to do in his first story, then that’s not a problem. But if you don’t have that? Good luck staying motivated and in high enough spirits to keep going.

>railroadan

I wish people would stop using this as only a pejorative. It’s one thing for the author to thwart any of his reader’s efforts at guiding the story by moving it in a way that makes all their votes pointless and it’s another very different matter to make sure the story’s moving in a positive direction about which you’re able to write in the long term. Whether it’s a CYOA or anything else, any competent writer inevitably engages in the latter, sparingly and subtly. This isn’t at all an evil, but a necessary good that improves the story as a consequence.

To try and paint a false dichotomy between “complete sandbox” and “totally railroaded story featuring no choice,” with nothing amidst those two extremes like you seem to be doing is a mistake, and one to which anyone who’s seriously sat down and tried writing can attest. If you want to see how “successful” a story can be when the author decides to let his readers make the plot for him with absolutely no influence from himself, look no further than the Yuka story in /green/.

>there is a time and place for non-interactive fanfiction, and that time and place is fanfiction.net

What’s the subtitle on the front page again?
>> No. 109547
>>109546
>So YWUiG isn’t successful? RaAN?
nope. if it crapped out half-way through, it is a failure.

YWUiG was a good idea, since even though it failed it got people to try to do better. But make no mistake: it is still a failure because it didn't finish. Or even get to the half-way point.

Nobody cares how awesome your story is if you get bored and stop telling it halfway through.

>Okay, let me get this straight. You think the only difference that stands between the stories on this site and the stories on fanfiction.net are that the ones here have choices?

the player oversight/input definitely puts an upper limit on potential faggotry, yes. what, you think we're just naturally blessed with less faggotry? I have news for you.

>Let me explain this in terms you can understand
>You are saying that

yeah, okay, I am very close to giving up altogether due to high faggotry levels, but I think I'll soldier on for a little while longer.

My point, which you have missed while you're so kindly explaining my own point in simple language to my simple mind, is that a story needs to fit the logistical constraints the medium provides. It is not about pandering - which is why I advise ignoring discussion altogether.

What happens when a novel is re-written for cinema? Do we just copy every plot-point and hope the audience is willing to sit through 12 hours? What about TV series? Do you make a 30-minute episode every 2 years and hope the audience remembers what happened previously?

These are the logistical constraints. You take too long between updates, people get bored. Then the writefag gets bored too. Then we have unfinished stories, which is made of fail.

continued.
>> No. 109548
>>109547
>This is what’s been done, not what has to be done.

What has typically been done is wall-of-texts that stop about a third of the way into the plot.

Sure, there are ones that have tiny updates that discontinue nevertheless - I never said the strategy was foolproof. There are other factors to be considered, such as whether the writefag can write a coherent story in the first place. But stories with frequent updates are more likely to succeed. Having a definite idea of where to finish and how to wrap it up helps too.

>railroadan
sparingly and subtly? yeah, sure, why not. but you also get things like TENGU NINJAS and SNOW END. Anyway, the balance here is that while the DM controls everything else, the PC's actions are his own and consequences should be realistic (and not karmic). It should also have an influence on the outcome of the story, rather than a magician's choice where all choices lead to the same SNOW END.

Because this is the case, plot has to be malleable enough to accommodate the PC, and therefore, as I said, 'loose'. (See how it all ties together? I'm not rambling at all.)

>What’s the subtitle on the front page again?

I believe it is I think Keine has the best hat.
>> No. 109550
>>109549
thank you.

if I say I was being facetious, are you going to reply with "the toilet's that way"?
>> No. 109551
>>109547
Okay, reading what I said again I'd like to apologize for being rude. Sorry, it's late here and it always bothers me a little bit when I hear something that sounds like "standards are unnecessary as long as something's entertaining."

At any rate, reading your two most recent posts gives me a better opinion of you, and while there's still a few things on which I don't agree, this isn't the place for them. Thanks for talking this over with me, it's helped me to open my eyes wider to the dialogue around this kind of issue.

>What’s the subtitle on the front page again?

I meant this one.

>Touhou Project Image Board / Discussion / Chat / Fanfiction / CYOA

Also, sorry to Taisa for fagging up your thread.
>> No. 109553
>>109540

Truth be told, the problem with GH, as I see it, is it's lack of any overarching goal on the part of Taisa. His plot basically boils down to:

"put the player in a high school populated by Touhous and see what happens."

That formula doesn't work here because there's just too much player freedom. The players are "free" to persue just about any girl they want, which sounds ideal, at first, but since there's only ONE player character and anywhere between 12 to 50 players, all it really creates is high amounts of conflict because each player has different goals "IE: routes to persue" and their own idea of the best way to get there.

This isn't that bad by itself, but THP works on a "Most votes win" system, this leads to each player trying to convince the other players that their route is the best, which, of course, leads to shitstorms. This isn't so bad in Touhouvania because there's a standard Endgoal that is shared by most players "Ie: get keys, kill vampire", with the only choices generally being how to get there, but the choices that are available in GH tend to be a variation of "Be nice to girl A" or "Hang out with girl B" , which means that just about every vote is a license to start Shitstorms.

It worked fine when GH was Just Another Obscure CYOA, but now that it's THP's Top Story, shit like this is bound to happen sooner or later.

Just my two cents.
>> No. 109554
>>109553
I recall Taisa saying that a more serious plot would eventually begin in GH, but God knows when it's actually going to happen.
>> No. 109555
File 126287716632.jpg - (241.48KB , 2200x1239 , 4f87774b44084448120136a59a61cd5c.jpg ) [iqdb]
109555
ITT we blame Taisa for the Shitstorms and everything that is going wrong with GH.
>> No. 109556
Don't let them get you down Taisa we love you
>> No. 109557
Next Update Never
Anon once again showed why we can't have nice things.

Someone get that eyesore of a thread to page 2.
>> No. 109558
>>109555

INB4 TAISA CHANNELS THE SPIRIT OF HY AND LEAVES TH-P ASUNDER AND ROTTING AWAY WITH THE WAILING OF GHOULISH ANONS CRYING OUT FOR A PATCHOULI/FLANDRE/SAKUYA/ ROUTE THAT WILL NEVER APPEAR TO FREE THEM OF THEIR DESPAIR. TEARS OF BLOOD SPILT BY THE RUMIA-FAGS STAINING AND CORRODING THE VERY PAGES OF THE ARCHIVES DEMANING RETRIBUTION FOR THE ANONS FORCING THE TAISSAIAH TO RENOUNCE HIS PRESENCE ON TH-P.

Or he may just simply put it all on hiatus and be angry at us anon for unintentionally sagebombing and fagging up his cyoa from the very beginning.
>> No. 109560
File 126287894442.jpg - (531.96KB , 1240x1525 , 8753137.jpg ) [iqdb]
109560
See, this could've all been avoided if we'd just settled on a Nue route like I proposed.
>> No. 109562
File 126288260524.jpg - (398.04KB , 574x702 , health recovering herb .jpg ) [iqdb]
109562
>Or he may just simply put it all on hiatus and be angry at us anon for unintentionally sagebombing and fagging up his cyoa from the very beginning.
Which could've been solved easily by taking this shit to /words/
Seriously, does anon has ADD or something?
>ITT we blame Taisa for the Shitstorms and everything that is going wrong with GH.
I can't really blame him if he decides a hiatus after a thread like this.
Meh, Touhouvania is better anyway.
>> No. 109565
>>109555

Maybe if we had somebody else to blame besides "Anon", we'd blame him.
>> No. 109567
>>109554

Yeah at the rate things are going.

As for /sdm/ I think the reader>story>reader cycle is in effect (most of /sdm/'s active stories update slowly and there's only a few so it only attracts a few readers, which causes fewer people to write there.) in contrast /th/ has many stories, which mean many readers which mean more people want to write in that section, even if their ideas don't belong there.

It's quite annoying when you think about it. And I wonder if all the dead stories in /sdm/ hve anything to do with it.

Hopefully Taisa'll start on his update of GH today.
>> No. 109568
>>109567
What? Don't you know?

We're already on Hiatus.
>> No. 109569
File 126289311276.jpg - (38.90KB , 400x302 , kenshiro1dd6.jpg ) [iqdb]
109569
>>109568
>> No. 109570
Reading the majority of these comments, I suggest the writer ignore most of them. Stop bitching. Stop telling the writer all the myriad reasons WHY his story can go wrong, and HOW it will go wrong. It is not 'destined for failure' because of the way in which it is written. If it fails, it is either the result of Taisa no longer enjoying writing it (which would no doubt be largely based upon how belligerent Anonymous is) or a result of a pointless tug-of-war over. Maybe I'm assuming too much on Taisa's part, but something tells me if the story were to fall apart, it would be entirely our own doing. It's like people around here don't understand the power of suggestion. Joking, but really. Stop the bitching. It'll do wonders for everyone's morale. Speculate on what's to come, on character relationships, and on the main character's development and role in the plot. Whatever you do though, Anonymous, stop filling up threads with shitstorming and shooting yourself in the foot. It's uncomely.

Waiting warmly for updates.
>> No. 109571
>>nope. if it crapped out half-way through, it is a failure.

>>YWUiG was a good idea, since even though it failed it got people to try to do better. But make no mistake: it is still a failure because it didn't finish. Or even get to the half-way point.

In all fairness, you can't rightfully fault something for not finishing when it was never truly intended to be finished in the first place.

GM repeatedly made it clear YWUiG was never originally meant to last more than that first thread. It was something started purely as a whim, with no intention of there ever being any sort of real plot, let alone an actual ending, and it was generally understood that it would in all likelihood end just as quickly as it began.

Stories as they are now are like road trips. While a large part of the fun is the stuff you do between, there is ultimately a certain destination you're trying to get to. If your car dies before you get to that destination, then yes, you could consider that trip to be a failure, regardless of what else happened before the trip ended.

However, saying YWUiG was a failure because it didn't "finish" by such standards is like saying an amusement park ride is a failure because it stopped with you never actually going anywhere. You were never supposed to expect to go anywhere, you were just meant to enjoy the moment, regardless of anything else.
>> No. 109572
>>109568

He didn't announce it yet, so the question's still open.
>> No. 109574
>>109571
>GM repeatedly made it clear YWUiG was never originally meant to last more than that first thread.
As an added twist, she didn't even start that first thread.
>> No. 109577
>>109565
Are you proposing we should start becoming namefags? If so, you can get the hell out right now. I pray I'm misinterpreting your words.

>>109567
Don't try speak knowledgeably about somewhere you don't seem to have been in a while. And even if you have, it either wasn't recently, or you weren't paying attention.
>> No. 109580
>>109570
I agree that the writefag shouldn't bother reading it, but why can't we have shitstorms? It passes the time. You don't want to read it, you don't have to either.

So what if it fills up a thread? Start a new one. Threads are not a finite resource.
>> No. 109581
I'd assume most writefags would read every reply in their threads... You know, in case of things like feedback, questions, discussion on story-related subjects, votes, and so on.
>> No. 109582
>>109571

Yeah YWUiG is basically a plotless collection of hijinks, something not really done much these days.

>>109577
The quickest story there is Touhouvania, and that's being slowed down by GH and its mess. Everything else is more like Gladnost speed.

Oh sure there's a few new stories, but how many of them will make it past the first thread? Since /sdm/ has its share of attempted stories that are left hanging for all eternity.

>>109580
He does have to read them to count votes, and considering the sheer volume of votes at times, that's alot of shitstorms. And few people like reading shitstorms for long, especially digging through the shit to get to the updates.

And I think the fact that most of his threads are shitstorms are getting to Taisa. It's not as if there's much good discussion when that happens, since it quickly digresses into utter shit.

I think most of the fans are tired off all the shitstorming and fighting, enough to start thinking of the story and not route preferences.

That attitude of yours suggests you like to spark them. That's not helping whatsoever.
>> No. 109584
File 126290809221.jpg - (521.18KB , 709x1000 , 0a1d2346bc6e0251e06c7c090464d744.jpg ) [iqdb]
109584
This is ridiculous
>> No. 109585
File 126290811896.jpg - (55.64KB , 771x572 , 0a93b083d06da9510701076f8a16f1f2.jpg ) [iqdb]
109585
>> No. 109586
File 126290815794.png - (297.55KB , 700x524 , 0a870c474a9cf261b824497dd947d4cd.png ) [iqdb]
109586
>> No. 109587
File 126290817998.jpg - (106.29KB , 511x621 , 0afe26d865be104916799733a29fcec1.jpg ) [iqdb]
109587
>> No. 109588
File 126290820541.jpg - (153.26KB , 785x714 , 0b19c7f745df9d11724d8646a90da88b.jpg ) [iqdb]
109588
>> No. 109589
File 126290822928.jpg - (109.32KB , 590x846 , 0b9013cf419377f85b05391dbf84bd2c.jpg ) [iqdb]
109589
>> No. 109590
File 126290825782.jpg - (71.14KB , 554x800 , 0bc880ce1ae68d931b28367c05129855.jpg ) [iqdb]
109590
>> No. 109591
File 126290828596.jpg - (38.04KB , 320x401 , 0c17addc78a92750f38060c607b97f73.jpg ) [iqdb]
109591
>> No. 109592
File 126290833389.jpg - (169.22KB , 1024x768 , 0c3973607512a8d12effeff477f2cbe1.jpg ) [iqdb]
109592
>> No. 109593
File 126290839716.jpg - (568.16KB , 900x835 , 0d64853726a0bddb01d2bcffe8a6d803.jpg ) [iqdb]
109593
>> No. 109594
File 126290845068.jpg - (416.45KB , 735x875 , 0dec55da15e5a975f0f14e3834923dee.jpg ) [iqdb]
109594
>> No. 109595
File 126290853867.jpg - (896.03KB , 1280x960 , 0e36e505b0baf3b1715b1d3f3a6efe83.jpg ) [iqdb]
109595
>> No. 109596
File 12629086186.jpg - (213.19KB , 642x800 , 5265002.jpg ) [iqdb]
109596
>>109584
Agreed.
>> No. 109597
File 126290864776.png - (0.96MB , 887x1271 , 00f569eca52c845c47ed993ce494796d.png ) [iqdb]
109597
>> No. 109598
File 12629087066.jpg - (159.69KB , 707x1000 , 5152016.jpg ) [iqdb]
109598
>> No. 109599
File 126290886032.png - (326.01KB , 500x600 , 0f69965f745d8af20aca60abf7b4727a.png ) [iqdb]
109599
>> No. 109600
File 126290889551.jpg - (87.24KB , 400x602 , 0fad19c8c48218fe05d07cc801ae559c.jpg ) [iqdb]
109600
>> No. 109602
File 126290895038.jpg - (280.29KB , 630x810 , 1a3b05c87e25e0e43dcfd5f27173ce40.jpg ) [iqdb]
109602
>> No. 109604
>>109582
vote counting: control-F. search for '[]' or '[x]'.

looking for updates amidst the shitstorm: control-F. search for 'Taisa'.

simple solutions are simple.

there will always be shitstorms. nobody has to partake in them when they don't want to. I usually just skip to the updates, myself.
>> No. 109606
File 126291015818.jpg - (394.26KB , 737x992 , 1a34b5e05d0675c58bd9a24bcc07953d.jpg ) [iqdb]
109606
>> No. 109608
File 126291195386.png - (93.96KB , 665x409 , 1206960883111.png ) [iqdb]
109608
>>109604
>>vote counting: control-F. search for '[]' or '[x]'.

That's how I've done it before, basically, with the addition of searching for parts of specific votes themselves to count them. Thanks to Anon's tendency to bandwagon on votes they like, with little-to-no changes made on their part, this works well with write-ins, too. It's just a matter of finding the first of a particular one, and go at it from there.

>>looking for updates amidst the shitstorm: control-F. search for 'Taisa'.

Or 'Taisa!YTVxxKH.bU' if you want to be really direct about it, and not also find every instance of someone referring to the writer by name.

>>there will always be shitstorms.
I think it's more accurate to say "there will always be shitstorms when enough people are together". You're generally not going to see people shitstorming in a thread with only a small handful of readers. It's only when you have larger groups of readers, and thus larger variety in views and opinions, that any disagreements begin to get out of hand.

One person disagreeing with six others isn't going to last long, since unless he's actually proving some very good arguments he's not really going to make much of a difference, and will back down if he has any sense at all. If not, the majority will learn to quickly ignore them anyway.

When you're dealing with a much larger group of people, however, that changes. There are generally enough people on each side of an argument for them to believe that they can make a difference, and thus are far less inclined to give up and back down from their position. That's just how it is, not just here, not just on the internet, but in the world in general.
>> No. 109614
Votes called.

Fairy maid hair rufflan gaems.
And some praise. Fairies like praise.
More Patchy time.
Informing Patchy that her familiar has secretly been trying to get into her apprentice's pants behind her back.
Apologies.

As for the fate of the story and what remains of any semblance of an update schedule for it, I have one thing to say: asdfsdfgasgsglijgangon

Stay tuned for a new thread as this seems to have turned into an imagedump while I wasn't looking.
>> No. 109618
>>109614
>any semblance of an update schedule

Just knowing you haven't thrown in the towel or went down like Apollo did in Rocky IV despite all that had been said throughout your cyoa is enough for me.

At the very least, be a bit more speedier than Glasnost. The bastard can write, but is infamous for posting on a monthly basis. I want to see the story reach an awesome end without becoming a greybeard please.
>> No. 109621
>>109608

Not all stories have shitstorms, though those with highly contentious choices are a natural breeding ground for them.

A few stories have anon all agreeing on the same target.

But in a story with shitstorms, if votes aren't called they tend to get worse due to impatience.

>>109614
It's called what happens if you leave Anon hanging too long without calling votes.
>> No. 109623
>>109621
hush you.
>> No. 109624
File 126293573572.jpg - (166.83KB , 1024x768 , itspikachu.jpg ) [iqdb]
109624
>>Stay tuned for a new thread
>>More Patchy time.

>>new thread
>>Patchy

Who is going to be in the OP image, I wonder? I wonder?
>> No. 109627
File 126293742963.jpg - (256.16KB , 1024x768 , aaaaaaaa.jpg ) [iqdb]
109627
>>109624
I think it's like this.
>> No. 109629
File 126293821778.jpg - (18.28KB , 293x295 , WHAT.jpg ) [iqdb]
109629
>>109627
>> No. 109633
We have moved on from shitstorming about girls to shitstorming about shitstorms.

Congratulations, we've just had our first meta-shitstorm.
>> No. 109665
>>109664