[Return]
Archived thread

File 12603847501.png - (626.79KB , 900x900 , 1252300287973.png ) [iqdb]
107083 No. 107083
Your head hurts.

You blink, and slowly the darkness begins to go away. Your vision blinks. You stop blinking, and your vision continues to blink. You close your eyes, and see nothing but blackness and the dancing spots of colors that you see when you close your eyes. You open your eyes again. Blink. Blink. Blink.

You focus on the blinking light. It's close, almost next to your nose, and the strain of going cross-eyed hurts your eyes. It looks like... the alphabet. W. A. Blink. R. N. I. Blink. N. G. ... Blink.

Warning?

Blink. There's an arrow after the word, pointing to your right. You turn your head to the right, or rather, try to. Something resists, holding your head in place. Then you realize that you are wearing some kind of helmet, and it must have a visor, upon which the blinking red letters are being projected upon. An HUD, or Heads-Up Display. Before you can contemplate further, the rigid helmet that previously held your head still now forces your head to turn right. For a moment your muscles resist, but the force is stronger than your neck, and luckily you remember to relax before you strain your neck. You breathe a word of thanks to the otherwise bastardly instructor who drilled you until you could handle you powered suit in your sleep.

Instructor? A memory flits through your mind, and then disappears into the depths of amnesia. Oh god. You try to remember who you are and where you are. You can't. Memories bubble beneath the surface, but until jolted by a sight, sound, or other sense - such as when your powered suit almost wrung your neck - they remain frustratingly inaccessible. The blinking on your helmet's visor has continued all this time. You finally pay attention to it, and see a blinking red retangle projected around a hovering fairy. It's about the size of a small child, but hovering a few inches above brown soil. It's red dress and blonde hair make it stand out from the brown trunks and green leaves of the forest all around. Okay, so you're in a forest, in apparently late morning or early afternoon judging from the strength of the sun's light, with a fairy on your right (you turned your head, remember?). Why do you know that this is a fairy, and why do you feel a sudden urge to do violence unto it?

Before you can answer your own questions, the fairy does violence unto you first, shooting little toyish bullets at your body. Before the bullets hit your body, they thud and dissipate more or less harmlessly against something covering you. The armor plates of your NASA power suit, if you recall correctly, strong enough to resist both low-caliber bullets and low-grade magic attacks. Hey, you're remembering more stuff!

Before you continue your quest for self-rediscovery, though, you really should do something about this fairy attacking you. Your subconscious responds, offering you options that you must have trained in until they became instinctive and immune to annoyances like amnesia.

[ ] Do nothing. A possible option, but not the best. Even US-quality military hardware doesn't stand up to continued abuse.
[ ] Run away. Another option that's technically possible, but that probably shouldn't be seriously considered.
[ ] Shoot the fairy. You feel that you should have a gun somewhere close at hand, if you would only stop thinking about it and just shoot the fairy.
[ ] Attack the fairy with a melee weapon. Again, you feel that if you stop thinking about it and just do it, your training would take care of it.
[ ] Block the fairy's bullets. You don't know how you are going to do it, but you're pretty damn sure you can. This option doesn't solve the root issue of the fairy shooting at you, though, or at least you think.

>> No. 107087
[x] Subdue the fairy with the training you're suppossed to have...
[x] ...and interrogate her.

Lookin' good.
>> No. 107097
[x] Shoot the fairy. You feel that you should have a gun somewhere close at hand, if you would only stop thinking about it and just shoot the fairy.
>> No. 107102
[x] Subdue the fairy with the training you're suppossed to have...
[x] ...and interrogate her.
>> No. 107107
[X] Subdue the fairy with the training you're suppossed to have...
[X] ...and interrogate her.

> NASA

Are we human? Because the title is making me wonder...
>> No. 107108
>>107107

It's stated that the suit can withstand magical attacks. If that's the case, I suspect it would be likely that humanity has discovered the Lunar capital/Gensokyo and has adapted to deal with the situation.

Who is to say there's not a human lunar colony?
>> No. 107129
File 126040481517.jpg - (526.88KB , 1200x767 , 1251135418102.jpg ) [iqdb]
107129
>>107107

You don't remember! (lulz)



[X] Subdue the fairy with the training you're suppossed to have...
[X] ...and interrogate her.

Your training comes back to you in a flash. You nudge your suit with your mind, relax your muscles, and let the power of the servos move your body where you want to go. An unexperienced observer would be surprised at how you manage to dash like the world's fastest sprinter, while dodging the rather thin stream of bullets like the world's most underage gymnist, all while wearing enough metal to make an European medieval knight's armor look like a leotard in comparison. On the other hand, you feel slow. Your NASA Powered Suit is optimized for the Lunarian state's gravity, which is somewhat less than though more than a sixth of the Earth's, and you can feel the weight slowing you down as compared to during your previous tour of service on the Moon.

Tour of service... in the few seconds while you close the distance memories flash through your mind, images of war and destruction in a once fertile land, the enemy Lunarian bunnygirl army that would have looked more in place in Playhouse than an actual battlefield, your company of nicknamed Space Marines proving the superior military might and righteousness of democracy...

The fairy never really stood a chance. You have a black belt in MCMAP, and the poor fairy... didn't. It didn't have a powered suit to amplify its strength either. In two seconds you twisted both its arms painfully behind its back and grinded its face against the dust.

"Owowowowowowowowow! Stop it!" It cried out. From your observations at this close range, you decide to refer to the fairy as "she" from now on instead of "it". She would have seemed like an innocent child and been awarded your protection as such if not for the fact that, you know, she tried to kill you.

"Why did you attack me?" You start with the obvious question first. The microphone built into your helmet picks up your voice, and the speaker on the outside transmits it. (Likewise, you receive audiosensory input from a similar system going the other way.)

"I-I was just p-playing around!" The fairy sobbed. She looked pitiful, like a child caught doing something naughty, and you wonder if you might have overreacted.

"Is that how you play with people? By trying to kill them?" You press on. She did attack you with magic that was the equivalent of small-arms fire.

"I'm sorry! I-it wouldn't have h-hurt you too badly!" She pleaded. At least she pleaded in English, it was so nice that the locals spoke the same language - wait. This wasn't English, it was Japanese, and you had responded in kind without thinking about it. You remember (yay!) that you had learnt the language while being stationed in Japan, much to the envy of your comrades, who wanted to master the language as well as you had so that they could go seduce some of those cute Japanese girls.

This line of questioning was leading nowhere; you move on. "Where are we?" You ask firmly.

"G-gensokyo..."

You're pretty sure that you've never heard of this place before. Therefore, it must be some new undiscovered region on the Moon. You're already halfway to formulating the message in your mind that you'll radio back to Command when a helpful popup pops up on your HUD, informing you that your powered suit's transmitter has been damaged beyond operability. Useless.

What to do with the fairy now?



[ ] Continue interrogation (specify question(s)) (please also pick one of the choices below for when you finish interrogating).
[ ] Release her.
[ ] Kill her.
>> No. 107130
bug test
>> No. 107133
[X] After dealing with that bunnygirl army, you could really use a good lay...

Nah, I just can't bring myself to do it. Not even as a joke vote.

[X] Release her.

Poor thing.
>> No. 107137
[x] Continue interrogation
-[x] Ask her to explain exactly how throwing dozens of magic bullets to a person was 'Playing around'
[x] Release her.
-[x] If the response was sound, introduce yourself (with a fake name: it'd be stupid to trust a thing like that so quickly) and apologize. If it isn't, warn her that you'll have no mercy if she tries to kill you again and leave.
>> No. 107139
[X] Release her, then..
-[x] Inquire more into the seemingly strong yet supposely non-lethal attacks she was using.
-[x] Ask about if this is what goes on Gensokyo usually.
-[x] Ask more info about Gensokyo, and where you might find someone more knowledgeable.

sounds nicer than interrogating her, she didn't do anything wrong so why keep her in such a painful position.
>> No. 107143
[X] Release her, then..
-[x] Apologize for the needless force and ask her to stay as to ask a few more questions.
-[x] Inquire more into the seemingly strong yet supposely non-lethal attacks she was using.
-[x] Ask about if this is what goes on Gensokyo usually.
-[x] Ask more info about Gensokyo, and where you might find someone more knowledgeable.
>> No. 107151
[X] After dealing with that bunnygirl army, you could really use a good lay...
>> No. 107162
Our character doesn't really seem the quick-to-forgive type. I guess her personality is up to us, as always, but... I'm kinda tired of saints.

[x] Continue interrogation
-[x] Ask her to explain exactly how throwing dozens of magic bullets to a person was 'Playing around'
[x] Release her.
-[x] If the response was sound, introduce yourself (with a fake name: it'd be stupid to trust a thing like that so quickly) and apologize. If it isn't, warn her that you'll have no mercy if she tries to kill you again and leave.
>> No. 107164
[x] Continue interrogation
-[x] Ask her to explain exactly how throwing dozens of magic bullets to a person was 'Playing around' .
-[x] Demand she identify herself and to whom she swears allegiance.
-[x] Ask for more info about Gensokyo, and where you might find someone more knowledgeable.

[x] Release her.
>> No. 107169
>>107162
You know, letting one single fairy go before we question her doesn't automatically make us a saint.
>> No. 107174
>>107169

But I think there's no real evil or particularly saintliness in trying to find out where the hell we are.

Yeah and until proven otherwise our job isn't to go about killing things, especially if our character is part of a US unit. They put people on trial for pillaging and raping.
>> No. 107177
>>107174
Still seems kinda mean to question the poor fairy while we've got her on the ground, face in the dirt, and her arms held painfully behind her back.
I'd say that's more likely to make her scared of us than anything.
>> No. 107178
File 126042087429.jpg - (69.25KB , 575x450 , moonbattleof1969.jpg ) [iqdb]
107178
[x] Continue interrogation
-[x] Ask her to explain exactly how throwing dozens of magic bullets to a person was 'Playing around'
[x] Release her.

Fuck yeah! I love this story from the very beginning.
>> No. 107181
[ø] Release her, then..
-[ø] Inquire more into the seemingly strong yet supposely non-lethal attacks she was using.
-[ø] Ask about if this is what goes on Gensokyo usually.
-[ø] Ask more info about Gensokyo, and where you might find someone more knowledgeable.
>> No. 107184
[x] Continue interrogation
-[x] Ask her to explain exactly how throwing dozens of magic bullets to a person was 'Playing around' .
-[x] Demand she identify herself and to whom she swears allegiance.
-[x] Ask for more info about Gensokyo, and where you might find someone more knowledgeable.
>> No. 107211
File 126045301180.jpg - (395.87KB , 1000x1000 , 1256395029771.jpg ) [iqdb]
107211
(PART 1 OF 2)

[-] Ask her to explain exactly how throwing dozens of magic bullets to a person was 'Playing around'

You asked that already. Your amnesia doesn't affect your short-term memory. ;)

[x] Demand she identify herself and to whom she swears allegiance.

"Which Lunarian unit do you fight for?" you demand roughly, twisting the fairy's arm to the breaking point, which is already well beyond the painful point.

"I don't know! I'm just a fairy! I don't work for anybody!" She wails in pain.

She might be lying, but you aren't prepared to press her anymore. She still resembles an innocent young girl too much. You ease your grip on the fairy, unpinning her and letting her straighten out, although you keep hold of one of her arms. It feels soft and fragile, as though you don't even need the power of your suit to crush with your bare hands.

[x] Inquire more into the seemingly strong yet supposely non-lethal attacks she was using.

"So, back to your magic. How do you know it doesn't kill?" You ask a bit more gently.

"It's d-danmaku! It doesn't kill anyone!" The fairy sobs, still a bit traumatized.

You pause for a moment to translate the unfamiliar word into English. The literal meaning doesn't make much sense, so it must be a brand name or something... you make a mental note to find out more about the magical equivalent of rubber bullets from someone more intelligent than a fairy.

[x] Ask about if this is what goes on Gensokyo usually.

"Is this how you greet people in this, Gensokyo, by shooting these, danmaku, at them?"

"Yeah! We can show who is strongest without getting killed!"

Your question had been rhetorical; you hadn't really been expecting an affirmative answer. It seems that danmaku is possibly mainstream, and has at least a cult following.

[x] Ask more info about Gensokyo, and where you might find someone more knowledgeable.

Finally, onto the important questions, like where the hell Gensokyo is. "Which way to the capital?" you ask, figuring that even the dumbest redneck has to know where her country's capital is located.

Apparently you figured wrong. "Capital?" the fairy asks quizzically.

You sigh, roll your eyes, and facepalm with a clank as your metal glove hits your visor. "You know, where all the bunnies live?" you explain with your voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Oh, the bunnies!" The fairy brightens up, as do your hopes. "They live past the bamboo forest over that way!" She points. Your hopes fade. You are positive that none of the Lunarian maps you pored over during the campaign indicated even a single stalk of bamboo anywhere. Did you land on the far side of the Moon or something?

[X] Release her / Warn her that you'll have no mercy if she tries to kill you again and leave.

You let go completely; the fairy immediately hops backwards and out of your immediate reach. "You can go now," you tell her, "but if you shoot danmaku at me again, I'll show no mercy next time."

The fairy's face turns white with fright for a moment, then she turns tail and disappears into the forest, cries of "Daidarabocchi! Daidarabocchi!" fading from her lips as she goes. What was that all about?

Whatever. With the immediate threat neutralized, you take stock of your situation like a good soldier before making your next move.

(PART 2 TO FOLLOW)
>> No. 107212
(PART 2 OF 2)

_____Inventory_____

NASA Powered Suit: A highly protective exoskeleton covering your entire body with servos and motors at the joints for assisted movement. Batteries are at around 90%, meaning you have roughly 65 hours of power left in a combat environment (which does not equal 65 hours of actual combat!). The advanced sensors are functioning, but of the communications systems only the direct speech system still works. Ironically, even though the suit was designed for combat on the Moon, it hasn't been airtight ever since Armstrong discovered that, contrary to science, there was breatheable air on the Moon. The bunnies don't use poison gas either.

Nutrients: Your suit can hold and is holding two litres of drinkable water. It also holds two MREs and an energy bar at the moment. Without removing your helmet you can drink and consume the energy bar, but not the MREs. (Your suit can also dispose your waste without your needing to take it off first.)

Weapons: Your suit has a built-in retractable knife in the left forearm that can be used like a katar or be fully drawn and wielded as a knife. You also have your M9A1 sidearm, along with five magazines at 15 rounds each. Unfortunately, it seems you have lost your real weapon.

Miscellaneous: In one pocket you find a pocket bible. In another pocket you find a letter, written by yourself, to be delivered to your loved ones if you should die. Well, no one's going to deliver it for you out here, so you better not die.

_________



You scan your surroundings after drawing a line on the ground in the direction the fairy had pointed. You are in a small, recent forest clearing, which you know is only very recently formed, because you are the one who formed it. When you look up you can see a hole in the canopy once filled by the now broken branches that had broken your fall and along with your suit probably saved your life. You remember falling, now. Before that, you were on a transport, on your way to a second tour of service in the Lunar War, when your convoy had been jumped by Lunarian spacecraft. Of the sole transport they managed to shoot down before being driven away by the fighter escorts, it just had to be yours...

You feel sick as you remember seeing some of your men get shredded to pieces in front of your eyes by the shrapnel of Lunarian cannons while they were helplessly strapped to their seats. Even their powered suits could not save them.

You push the memory that you would rather not have remembered out of your mind and focus your thoughts on the situation at hand. You figure that you have three options:

[ ] Stay where you are. Very stupid move, since any bunny with half a brain would have noticed something falling out of the sky and would bring along lots of friends to investigate the crash site.

[ ] Head towards the direction the fairy pointed. Finding a town or other landmark might help you get your bearings and figure out where you are. On the other hand, you risk being found and captured by the bunnies.

[ ] Head in another direction. Pretty much the opposite choice: your risk of being detected can't get worse, but you're also completely relying on that whore Lady Luck to get unlost before your supplies run out.
>> No. 107213
File 126045509742.jpg - (213.44KB , 436x600 , Inquisitor Hammer.jpg ) [iqdb]
107213
>Daidarabocchi!

Oh, shit.

[x] Head in another direction. Pretty much the opposite choice: your risk of being detected can't get worse, but you're also completely relying on that whore Lady Luck to get unlost before your supplies run out.

Our first priority in this sort of environment is being able to secure power for our equipment. The problem is it doesn't seem we're the stealthy sort of soldier, so we can't sneak into the Xenos base and steal it. So we'll have to find another settlement.

First priority is securing power supply for our armor/guns+ammo.

OP, how well does our power armor work? Does it augment physical strength and capability? How much so? How difficult is it to maintain without mechanical support, and do we have those skills?
>> No. 107215
[x] Head towards the direction the fairy pointed. Finding a town or other landmark might help you get your bearings and figure out where you are. On the other hand, you risk being found and captured by the bunnies.
Her (?) may be a single unit, but she seems to be elite. Since she seems to be okay, she should scout the enemy base and, maybe, raid it for food and other supplies.
>> No. 107225
[x] Head towards the direction the fairy pointed. Finding a town or other landmark might help you get your bearings and figure out where you are. On the other hand, you risk being found and captured by the bunnies.

>Ironically, even though the suit was designed for combat on the Moon, it hasn't been airtight ever since Armstrong discovered that, contrary to science, there was breathable air on the Moon.
I snickered.
>> No. 107227
[x] Head towards the direction the fairy pointed. Finding a town or other landmark might help you get your bearings and figure out where you are. On the other hand, you risk being found and captured by the bunnies.

I doubt this is really heavy lunarian territory. And getting some information would be nice.
>> No. 107235
[x] Head in another direction. Pretty much the opposite choice: your risk of being detected can't get worse, but you're also completely relying on that whore Lady Luck to get unlost before your supplies run out.
>> No. 107238
[x] Head towards the direction the fairy pointed. Finding a town or other landmark might help you get your bearings and figure out where you are. On the other hand, you risk being found and captured by the bunnies.
>> No. 107249
[x] Head in another direction. Pretty much the opposite choice: your risk of being detected can't get worse, but you're also completely relying on that whore Lady Luck to get unlost before your supplies run out.

I like this story, I think.

However, Lute?
>;)
No.
Never do that again.
>> No. 107254
I wonder why everyone's voting not to go into town, since it's too soon to assume that there's bunnies everywhere.
>> No. 107264
File 126049011035.jpg - (110.35KB , 842x595 , 1250989490374.jpg ) [iqdb]
107264
[x] Head towards the direction the fairy pointed. Finding a town or other landmark might help you get your bearings and figure out where you are. On the other hand, you risk being found and captured by the bunnies.

It is a difficult decision, but finally you decide to head towards civilization. At the very least you won't starve to death... hopefully.

Your powered suit doesn't have a compass (what good would it do on the moon?) but does contain a gyro, which allows you to keep a constant heading and travel in a straight line instead of wandering the forest in circles. After a few hours of trekking, the forest begins to thin, with trees being replaced by clumps of bamboo. It appears the fairy's directions have been accurate so far.

You are taking a sip from the drinking tube inside your helmet when the musical tone of a warning signal catches your attention. You turn your head left and are surprised to see the telltale red streak of an object in re-entry into the atmosphere. However, if you recall correctly, the Moon's science-defying atmosphere has an abrupt cutoff only a few miles high, definitely too short to cause the amount of heating that was making this unidentified falling object glow red hot. Perhaps different regions of the Moon had different atmospheres?

You engage your advanced optics to telescope in onto the UFO. It appears to be a meteorite, but as you watch it suddenly breaks up in midair and turns out to be just a shell protecting the real object inside. You gape as you stare at what appears to be a powered suit of a model you have never seen before. Some quick triangulation estimates it to be about six feet tall, just like yours, but the style is completely different, and you privately think, rather silly.

The colour scheme of the unidentified suit is white and blue accented by assorted colors. Its hips are ridiculously flared, resembling a tulip turned upside down. On top of the helmet is what appears to be a stylized hat that would have looked more in place in the 1920s, with pink balls and green spikes on one side of it for some reason you will never be able to fathom. It stands on a platform that reminds you of a spider, with leglike spiny protrusions pointing down on all sides.

Oh, and your sensors indicate that it is flying straight towards you, even though nothing you can see resembles even a single wing. You suspect the platform uses anti-grav technology. Or magic.

[ ] Hide by getting behind cover. There are a couple of trees close by. You won't be completely covered, but your own suit is painted with camoflage patterns instead of parade colors.
[ ] Hide by staying perfectly still. Your powered suit is low-emission and the distance between you two is too great for an object your size to be resolved with the naked eye.
[ ] Move towards the unidentified suit, while staying hidden if possible.
[ ] Move towards the unidentified suit, while revealing yourself.
[ ] Ignore it and move on as though nothing happened.
>> No. 107270
[X] Hide by getting behind cover. There are a couple of trees close by. You won't be completely covered, but your own suit is painted with camouflage patterns instead of parade colors.
>> No. 107272
[x] Hide by getting behind cover. There are a couple of trees close by. You won't be completely covered, but your own suit is painted with camoflage patterns instead of parade colors.
Discretion is the better part of etc etc
>> No. 107273
[X] Hide by getting behind cover. There are a couple of trees close by. You won't be completely covered, but your own suit is painted with camouflage patterns instead of parade colors.
Discretion, better part of, etc etc
>> No. 107274
[x] Hide by getting behind cover. There are a couple of trees close by. You won't be completely covered, but your own suit is painted with camoflage patterns instead of parade colors.

Sounds good enough for me, better safe than sorry.
>> No. 107280
[ø] Hide by getting behind cover. There are a couple of trees close by. You won't be completely covered, but your own suit is painted with camoflage patterns instead of parade colors.
>> No. 107318
[X] Hide by getting behind cover.

You don't even stop to think, but immediately kick into overdrive, leaping between stony patches, grassy patches, protruding roots, anything that won't keep your footprints. After clearing some distance away from your last position, you find the perfect place to hide: a clump of bamboo shoots that would break up your profile nicely while still allowing you plenty of visibility.

As you settle into your hidey hole, you observe the white and blue powered suit with the funny hat make a beeline for your general position. Once it has descended within a few feet of the ground it jumps off its platform and lands gracefully on the soft turf. It turns slowly in a complete circle, scanning for you. Your suit powers down as dormantly as possible, minimizing emissions, and somehow you manage to stay undetected as its gaze passes over where you are hiding. Finally, it completes its sweep and faces away from you once more.

You hear a voice, that of a young girl, a bit too young to be a soldier, coming from the suit. You wonder which side has stooped so low as to use child soldiers.

"Where are you? Come out, wherever you are!" To your surprise she speaks in English, albeit mildly accented. "I felt your footsteps come here. I didn't feel them go. I know you're here. ...In your own little powered suit."

[ ] Continue hiding.
[ ] Reveal yourself.
[ ] SNEAK ATTACK, BITCH!
>> No. 107320
[x] Continue hiding.
>> No. 107322
[x] Reveal yourself.
-[x] Explain that you do not intend to attack at all and you were only trying to avoid any needless battles.
--[x] If that goes well, ask about this land of Gensokyo.
--[x] Also inquire about her powered suit; you weren't expecting someone not of Nasa or the moon to use them.
[x] Be on guard regardless and be ready for anything to go down.

We should try diplomacy first.
>> No. 107323
File 12605109295.jpg - (635.07KB , 1359x1100 , Gray knight wallpaper.jpg ) [iqdb]
107323
[x] SNEAK ATTACK, BITCH!

DEATH TO THE XENOS!
>> No. 107334
File 126051875827.jpg - (748.14KB , 1300x1129 , 1237980713834.jpg ) [iqdb]
107334
>>107323
With just a pistol? U mad!?
We need more Dakka!

Picture slightly related.
>> No. 107335
[x] SNEAK ATTACK, BITCH!
>> No. 107336
[x] Reveal yourself.
-[x] Explain that you do not intend to attack at all and you were only trying to avoid any needless battles.
--[x] If that goes well, ask about this land of Gensokyo.
--[x] Also inquire about her powered suit; you weren't expecting someone not of Nasa or the moon to use them.
[x] Be on guard regardless and be ready for anything to go down.
>> No. 107338
>>107336
>>107322
>-[x] Explain that you do not intend to attack at all and you were only trying to avoid any needless battles.

You're a soldier, act like it!!!
If you will not serve in combat, then you will serve on the firing line! *BLAM*
>> No. 107345
File 126053384239.jpg - (321.95KB , 874x1238 , pimpquisitor.jpg ) [iqdb]
107345
>>107334
Your faith is insufficient. What are you, some kind of traitor? Do you know the punishment for treason?
>> No. 107347
File 126053603743.jpg - (42.87KB , 721x361 , 39.jpg ) [iqdb]
107347
>>107345
I feel like I should say something funny involving a commissar, but I can't think of anything.
Let's be reasonable, we have only a simple handgun and a knife. We don't know what that suit is capable of. Attacking wouldn't be very wise, nor is exposing ourself. After all we are in enemy territory, unknown enemy territory and far away from our comrades. We don't know how it(she?) will react to us. So we should at least try to hide a little more and retreat if possible.
Oh, and don't take that space marine stuff too serious, it's only a nickname.
>> No. 107351
[x] Continue hiding.
>> No. 107354
>>107347
So walking out into the open and giving ourselves up is better? Your genius astounds me.
>> No. 107356
>>107354
What are you talking about? I said we should hide and run when it's safe enough.
>> No. 107360
Wow, choices are tied at two each... someone be tiebreaker.
>> No. 107361
[x] Reveal yourself.
-[x] Explain that you do not intend to attack at all and you were only trying to avoid any needless battles.
--[x] If that goes well, ask about this land of Gensokyo.
--[x] Also inquire about her powered suit; you weren't expecting someone not of Nasa or the moon to use them.
[x] Be on guard regardless and be ready for anything to go down.
>> No. 107362
>>107338

This is not Warhammer 40K, and our character is not part of the God-Emperor's forces. We're part of the Nasa/US forces who generally only attacks their enemies, not anything that moves.

>>107347
well I would try to do that if she didn't detect us already, trying to insist on hiding in this case could prove disasterous when she decides to start blasting everywhere.

That and the area is not confirmed enemy territory, unknown yes, which is why we don't want to get off on the wrong foot.
>> No. 107365
>>107362

>That and the area is not confirmed enemy territory, unknown yes, which is why we don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

He still thinks he is on the moon, sounds like enemy territory to me.

>This is not Warhammer 40K, and our character is not part of the God-Emperor's forces. We're part of the Nasa/US forces who generally only attacks their enemies, not anything that moves.

I know that, I was just saying, that we shouldn't speak so openly to a possible enemy.
The second part was only a joke.
But yeah, you do have a point. It doesn't matter to me which vote wins, but I want this to continue, that's why we need just one more vote.
>> No. 107367
>>107361

I think this is the tie breaker.

>>107365
But it was clear that The Tenshi mech is not Lunarian (since our lead noted how Lunarians were able to stop before hitting the ground on re-entry.
>> No. 107369
[X] Continue hiding
>> No. 107370
File 126055422964.jpg - (33.15KB , 459x260 , sab.jpg ) [iqdb]
107370
[x] SNEAK ATTACK, BITCH!
>> No. 107372
>>107367
>But it was clear that The Tenshi mech is not Lunarian (since our lead noted how Lunarians were able to stop before hitting the ground on re-entry.
Did I miss something? Or do you mean this?
>However, if you recall correctly, the Moon's science-defying atmosphere has an abrupt cutoff only a few miles high, definitely too short to cause the amount of heating that was making this unidentified falling object glow red hot.
Well, if yes then...
>Perhaps different regions of the Moon had different atmospheres?
He still thinks he is on the moon.

>>107361

>I think this is the tie breaker.

Oh, yeah.

>>107369
>>107370
Dammit!
>> No. 107374
>>107372
I doubt those last 2 votes count, since he asked for a tiebreaker and one was made.
>> No. 107377
>>107362
Even ignoring HURR DURR FOR THE EMPRAH, we are a United States military soldier in unknown territory that sure shit isn't our's, where we've already been attacked once, for 'play.' There are confirmed Rabbits nearby: you know, the people we're at war with? Furthermore, we're not very well armed, wearing technology that is supremely badass (And likely has schematics that can be reverse-engineered if the enemy doesn't have better, or weaknesses that can be found if it falls into enemy hands. Either way, we could be potentially captured and interrogated, and the opponent obviously has a powered suit as well: a blatant homefield advantage suggesting that, unlike us, she has resources that allow her to recharge her suit nearby; this suggests the rabbit 'base' we're walking towards.

My point here is that even if you were not a gung ho murderous psychopath, revealing yourself and trying to negotiate in this situation isn't just a bad idea: it's a good way to end up as a POW, or dead.

Anyways, as a soldier in the US military, you are only obligated to give up your name, rank, and serial number when captured by the enemy. At least they'll take better care of us than the terrorists would. Hopefully.
>> No. 107378
(Author mode)

>>107361
>>107369
>>107370

I hereby coin the term "tiekeeper".

>>107370

Exactly what I had in mind!

I shall use the excuse of giving the tie another chance to break to catch up on some sleep...zzz... if worst comes to worst I'll just use a RNG or option 4 when I wake up.
>> No. 107379
Option 4?
>> No. 107380
[X] Continue hiding.

Sorry, space marines.
>> No. 107381
>>107380
You coward!
>> No. 107383
>>107380

IN before we get blasted because Tenshi gets fed up of not listening to her. (She would be one to blast everywhere around her to flush something out.)

>>107377
With nonlethal attacks mind you and without Malice. It's not as if that fairy was packing a wave motion gun.
>> No. 107428
File 126058915895.jpg - (325.77KB , 1000x500 , 1249414516545.jpg ) [iqdb]
107428
[X] Continue hiding.

What is the point of hiding yourself in the first place if you give yourself up now? The fact that the unknown soldier is trying to goad you out of hiding means that she can't find you.

She gets impatient. "Fine, we'll do this the hard way." Her platform descends to the ground, its white spidery legs gingerly brushing against the soil. She jumps back onto the platform, and your sensors indicate her own suit going dormant as non-essential systems power down.

Is she trying to wait you out? You've decided to remain hidden, so you humour her for a while. The forest grows quiet, and you hear sounds that you have missed before, like the chirping of a songbird off in the distance and the beating of your heart.

Chirp chirp. Ba-bump Ba-bump.

"Your heart betrays you, human!" The girl in the unidentified suit crows triumphantly as her suit's power levels jump back up to full. Sirens blare and lights flash in warning as the flared hip of her suit opens to reveal a weapons compartment, which ejects a straight blood-red blade into her waiting hand. She turns about face towards you, kicks off of her platform, and throws the sword directly at you in one graceful fluid motion.

Your instincts kick in-

[ ] -and you deflect the projectile with your knife.
[ ] -and you deflect the projectile with your bullets.
[ ] -and you deflect the projectile with your magic.
[ ] -and you leap out of the projectile's way.
[ ] -and you play chicken with the projectile and continue hiding.

(Instinctive action! First option to obtain three votes is chosen.)
>> No. 107431
[x] -and you deflect the projectile with your magic.

Wow I was totally right about what would happen.
>> No. 107433
[X] -and you deflect the projectile back at her with your magic while leaping out of the projectile's way.

Humans combining magic and science? We're awesome.

inb4 we don't actually have any magic
>> No. 107435
[x] -and you deflect the projectile with your magic.
I said Sneak attack but nooo, let her take the initiative.
Bah, with our luck, we would've rolled a six or something.
>> No. 107436
[x] And you deflect the projectile with a combination of martial arts, your armor, and the terrain, following up with a bullet to the brain.

See what happens when you don't take advantage? At least we still have a chance this way instead of being out in the open.
>> No. 107437
[x] -and you deflect the projectile with your magic.

I visibly winced when I saw that staying hidden won, cause I knew that this was going to happen.
>> No. 107438
We should have tried talking first (note how the write in said be on guard, in short while talking, being mentally prepared for an attack) before doing anything hasty.
>> No. 107441
File 126059581613.jpg - (348.33KB , 1536x1016 , 1252053248183.jpg ) [iqdb]
107441
[x] -and you deflect the projectile with your magic.

The time for hiding has passed; now is the time for action. The storage compartment holding your pocket Bible opens, and a spring ejects the good book into the air in front of you. With your focus in place, you apply exception clauses to the physical laws of the universe.

"Be still!" You command the chunk of metal, and it obeys, hovering stationary in midair. You stretch out your hand and catch your book before it falls to the ground.

Your opponent stares at you for a moment, then leaps forward, snatching her sword out of the air as she rapidly closes the distance to you, pointy end first.

[ ] Knife.
[ ] Gun.
[ ] Magic.

(Instinctive action! First option to obtain three votes is chosen.)
>> No. 107445
[x] Knife.
>> No. 107447
>>107441

holyshit, bible power!

[ø] Magic.

I don't think its a good idea to go against Tenshi with our knife when she's wielding Hisou no tsurugi or the powered suit version of it.
>> No. 107450
[ø] Magic.
>> No. 107454
>>107447

Yet guns and magic take time to set up, something we might not have.

And chances are if our suit and equipment was made to fight Lunarians, then our knife could handle a clash.
>> No. 107460
[x] Gun.
>> No. 107463
[ø] Magic.

I feel kinda bad for that last vote, now.
>> No. 107464
File 12606155901.png - (211.14KB , 484x642 , 1252344616199.png ) [iqdb]
107464
[ø] Magic.

"Legion!" You cry out, pointing your open palm towards your foe. She raises her sword high with both hands, to bring it down in an overhead smite and cleave your helmet in twain-

You feel the sorrow of tortured spirits rush by you like a wind, hellbent on possessing your opponent's body. Her movements suddenly turn jerky and erratic as her suit struggles with the legion of spirits for control. You easily sidestep her now-clumsy blow, grip her arm, and toss her to the ground flat on her back in a perfectly executed throw.

Your HUD warns of incoming from behind, and you spin around with a roundhouse kick that would have done Chuck Norris proud. It turns out, as you send it flying off from the force of your heel, that you had kicked the platform, which was apparently trying to kamikaze you. You turn back towards your opponent to see that she had rolled over to her hands and feet to get back up, taking advantage of your distraction to shake off your magic and dispel the spirits.

You don't let her finish, but jump on her, leading with a brutal kick on her back that knocks her flat on her stomach. You see one of the few (relatively) weak spots on a powered suit exposed - the back of the knee, which to allow to bend cannot be covered with rigid armor. Your knife extends from its sheath on your left wrist, and you drive it with all the force your own suit can muster into the crack between the armor plates protecting her right knee. The layer of Kevlar directly beneath the plating absorbs some of the impact, but not enough, and you feel your knife tearing through delicate machinery, then delicate flesh.

She convulses in pain, but any screams are too muffled by all the metal covering both of you for you to hear. You've hampered both her movement and her thought processes now, and if you press your advantage you can win.

[ ] Finish her!
[ ] Let her surrender.
>> No. 107465
[x] Finish her!
>> No. 107466
[X] Finish her!

inb4 the usual moralfaggotry...
>> No. 107468
[x] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[x] Force her into surrendering.

Since this is Tenshi, it's very likely that she won't surrender or that she'll stab us in the back after pretending to surrender. Rendering her powered suit unusable would at least prevent her from trying something stupid when our back is turned.

We can always kill her later after interrogating if there's a need to. I doubt that she can really harm us without her suit.
>> No. 107471
[x] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[x] Force her into surrendering.
[x] ...and interrogate her.

Reasonable
>> No. 107472
>>107471
[ø] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[ø] Force her into surrendering.
[ø] ...and interrogate her.

Indeed.
>> No. 107475
[X] Finish her!

ITT: Casanova wannabes trying to fuck over a soldier.
>> No. 107477
>[x] Surrender
>[x] Force her into surrendering.
We are fighting Tenshi, right? The latter option seems more feasible. 'sides, we need the info. Interrogation expert anon?

[ø] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[ø] Force her into surrendering.
[ø] ...and interrogate her.
>> No. 107481
[x] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[x] Force her into surrendering.
[x] ...and interrogate her.
>> No. 107487
[x] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[x] Force her into surrendering.
[x] ...and interrogate her.
- [x] Ask if she's working for the Lunarians
- [x] If she intended to attack you from the start. (You were trying to avoid needless fights)
- [x] Ask about how much Lunarian presence is in this 'Gensokyo' and if they have any standing armies.
- [x] Ask where the nearest neutral outpost is.

We're assuming that her attack was more out of the blue than in response to not listening to her. We could have avoided this perhaps.

And our character is not a Warhammer 40K character where it's normal, allowed and encourage to kill anything that isn't you for DA EMPERORA!

I'm sure there's laws against executing an disabled enemy.
>> No. 107494
[x] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[x] Force her into surrendering.
[x] ...and interrogate her.

Tear the servos out of her joints or something.
>> No. 107526
File 126067804120.jpg - (287.92KB , 715x1000 , 1256854676325.jpg ) [iqdb]
107526
[x] Try to cripple the powered suit without killing the pilot.
[x] Force her into surrendering.
[x] ...and interrogate her.

Well aware that it is possible to live without an arm or leg, you take your opponent's own sword, position it above her right arm, and thrust down with all your powered suit's might. The blade skewers her arm like a kebab and pins her to the ground.

"Stop! I surrender! It hurts!" You notice that in the throes of pain, the girl slips back into her apparent native Japanese.

Serves the bitch right! "Power down and open up," you order in the kind of cold, hard voice that is only even icier when adrenaline is rushing through your veins.

Your sensors confirm that she is in fact shutting down her suit. The shell parts to reveal the soft flesh within, allowing her to exit the suit if not for the unconvenient knife and sword nailing her to her armor. Her hair catches your attention: long enough to reach her waist, and a vibrant but natural-looking blue. You see that she is wearing a white and blue jumpsuit with a rainbow colored belt. No military you know of allows her hairstyle or issues uniforms in that color scheme, and for good reason too.

Before you can take the shellfish analogy too far, you draw your pistol and press it against her back right over her kidney. You've seen people take bullets to the heart and continue functioning for several more minutes before suddenly dropping dead. You've never seen it happen with a bullet to the kidney. "Blink funny and I'll shoot your motherfucking brains out," you hiss at her, nevermind the fact that she's face down and you can't see her eyes. You ignore her pathetic sobbing as you interrogate her.

"I don't see an insignia. Whose side are you on?"

"M-my own..."

"Is that shorthand for Lunarian?" You demand while pressing your gun into her back for emphasis.

"I-I don't understand... I don't have anything to do with Eientei..."

You make a mental note of that name before moving on. "If you don't fight for the bunnies, why did you attack me?"

"You... meteo..."

Annonyed at the girl's incoherency, you reach back and give the sword in her arm a wobble, elicting fresh screams of pain and begs for mercy. You give her a moment to recover, and then... "I've had enough of your bullshit. For the last time, who - are - you - and - why - did - you - attack - me?"

She steels herself against her pain and gives her answer through gritted teeth. "I am a seismologist. It's my job to prevent people like you from destroying Gensokyo."

Her accusation is so ridiculous that you can't help but laugh.

She ignores you and continues. "I detected a seismic event corresponding to a meteorite impact near here. You're the only culprit. What magic did you use to summon it?"

You chuckle bitterly. "I AM the meteorite." You remember dropping down from the heavens like a fallen angel in the aftermath of the ambush of your spacecraft convoy. You remember a few of your fellow soldiers, also knocked out of the transport and pulled down by gravity, but they were meteors not meteorites, burning up well before hitting land. Only your magic had saved you from a similar fate.

"But..." She is understandably incredulous at your claim.

"How do I know that you aren't making all of this up, that you aren't a Lunarian agent in disguise?" You ask casually.

"What's with you and your bunny fetish?" She shoots back defiantly. "This isn't the Moon-"

"What did you say!?" You interrupt.

"This... is not the Moon!"

"No way..."

"This is Gensokyo, Nagano Prefecture, Japan."

"Now you're really making this up."

"Ask a historian or those old enough to remember and they'll back me up. You are on EARTH!"

She screams the last word, and something, multiple somethings slam into you from below, knocking you into the air. You immediately squeeze the trigger, but before you can judge the effect of your shot, something heavy hits your chest and pounds you into the ground. You find yourself lying on your back on an uneven surface. Columns of rock that definitely were not there a second ago frame your vision of the girl's smirking face. She stands on you, no longer in her suit, one foot on your chest, her good arm holding her red blade right up against your visor, the fingers of her injured arm casually digging out a bullet from her abdomen. In fact, though her clothes are bloody where you wounded her, the body underneath seems to function unimpeded. An intense aura of magic surrounds her, so strong that the sky seems red instead of blue.

"Blink funny and I'll stab your motherfucking brains out," she smirks sadistically as she turns your own words against you as though this were a Hollywood movie. "Grovel and I'll let you live. Maybe I'll even let you keep a limb or two!"
>> No. 107527
(Oops!)

[ ] Grovel.
[ ] Resist.
>> No. 107528
[X] Resist.

Screw you Tenshi, we just wanted some answers.
>> No. 107534
Telling off Tenshi? This deserves a write-in.

[x] Bluff. "It's funny, you know? You're dealing with a lightly-armed scout, who prefers evasion and observation to combat, probably already suffering from a concussion, and yet your suit piloting was so atrocious, that I was easily able to pin you. How will you survive when full squads of the real deal come marching through when I fail to radio-in, Miss Seismologist? Now my first suggestion would be that you return your garish, powered costume to whatever mail-order military surplus catalog you bought it from, and second, to never waylay a member of the armed services of the United States ever again. Engaging in hostile activities against the soldiers of a sovereign nation without declaration of war marks you as an illegal combatant, regardless of whose borders we're in: They'll hang you if they can catch you."
[x] "Now, you see this flag emblem? It represents America, the Leader of the Free World, and its government. Japan and America have been close strategic allies ever since Japan was occupied by us following the Second World War. In fact, I was stationed here in Japan for some time, before my transport disintegrated on reentry or whatever the hell happened to cause this gap in my memory and spatial displacement. So, tell me how how it would look if a Japanese national & erstwhile vigilante-seismologist kills an American soldier for scattering her pile of rocks? I can assure you: It won't be good for you, your country, and whom or whatever you happen to represent."
[x] "So, to be perfectly short and honest, ma'am? Kiss my Red, White & Blue ass."
>> No. 107538
[x] Bluff. "It's funny, you know? You're dealing with a lightly-armed scout, who prefers evasion and observation to combat, probably already suffering from a concussion, and yet your suit piloting was so atrocious, that I was easily able to pin you. How will you survive when full squads of the real deal come marching through when I fail to radio-in, Miss Seismologist? Now my first suggestion would be that you return your garish, powered costume to whatever mail-order military surplus catalog you bought it from, and second, to never waylay a member of the armed services of the United States ever again. Engaging in hostile activities against the soldiers of a sovereign nation without declaration of war marks you as an illegal combatant, regardless of whose borders we're in: They'll hang you if they can catch you."
[x] "Now, you see this flag emblem? It represents America, the Leader of the Free World, and its government. Japan and America have been close strategic allies ever since Japan was occupied by us following the Second World War. In fact, I was stationed here in Japan for some time, before my transport disintegrated on reentry or whatever the hell happened to cause this gap in my memory and spatial displacement. So, tell me how how it would look if a Japanese national & erstwhile vigilante-seismologist kills an American soldier for scattering her pile of rocks? I can assure you: It won't be good for you, your country, and whom or whatever you happen to represent."
[x] "So, to be perfectly short and honest, ma'am? Kiss my Red, White & Blue ass."

[x] If she isn't swayed, quickly get free while she's distracted and prepare for the next action.

>>107528
Blame the macho pigheads that insisted on hiding, ruining our chances at a peaceful questioning.

But at the moment I say we resist, since groveling might not work. But I do worry that possibly killing her will bite us in the ass in terrible ways.

We do not need to turn a whole region into our enemy. (That might be summed up as an international incident, so even if we survive we'd be court-martialed)

I added a bit at the end in case this bluff fails.
>> No. 107539
[x] "Can you even see me blinking?"
>> No. 107543
[x] Bluff. "It's funny, you know? You're dealing with a lightly-armed scout, who prefers evasion and observation to combat, probably already suffering from a concussion, and yet your suit piloting was so atrocious, that I was easily able to pin you. How will you survive when full squads of the real deal come marching through when I fail to radio-in, Miss Seismologist? Now my first suggestion would be that you return your garish, powered costume to whatever mail-order military surplus catalog you bought it from, and second, to never waylay a member of the armed services of the United States ever again. Engaging in hostile activities against the soldiers of a sovereign nation without declaration of war marks you as an illegal combatant, regardless of whose borders we're in: They'll hang you if they can catch you."
[x] "Now, you see this flag emblem? It represents America, the Leader of the Free World, and its government. Japan and America have been close strategic allies ever since Japan was occupied by us following the Second World War. In fact, I was stationed here in Japan for some time, before my transport disintegrated on reentry or whatever the hell happened to cause this gap in my memory and spatial displacement. So, tell me how how it would look if a Japanese national & erstwhile vigilante-seismologist kills an American soldier for scattering her pile of rocks? I can assure you: It won't be good for you, your country, and whom or whatever you happen to represent."
[x] "So, to be perfectly short and honest, ma'am? Kiss my Red, White & Blue ass."
>> No. 107544
>>107538

>macho

>hiding

wut
>> No. 107545
[x] Bluff. "It's funny, you know? You're dealing with a lightly-armed scout, who prefers evasion and observation to combat, probably already suffering from a concussion, and yet your suit piloting was so atrocious, that I was easily able to pin you. How will you survive when full squads of the real deal come marching through when I fail to radio-in, Miss Seismologist? Now my first suggestion would be that you return your garish, powered costume to whatever mail-order military surplus catalog you bought it from, and second, to never waylay a member of the armed services of the United States ever again. Engaging in hostile activities against the soldiers of a sovereign nation without declaration of war marks you as an illegal combatant, regardless of whose borders we're in: They'll hang you if they can catch you."
[x] "Now, you see this flag emblem? It represents America, the Leader of the Free World, and its government. Japan and America have been close strategic allies ever since Japan was occupied by us following the Second World War. In fact, I was stationed here in Japan for some time, before my transport disintegrated on reentry or whatever the hell happened to cause this gap in my memory and spatial displacement. So, tell me how how it would look if a Japanese national & erstwhile vigilante-seismologist kills an American soldier for scattering her pile of rocks? I can assure you: It won't be good for you, your country, and whom or whatever you happen to represent."
[x] "So, to be perfectly short and honest, ma'am? Kiss my Red, White & Blue ass."
>> No. 107547
REAL US MARINE
>> No. 107552
[ø] Bluff. "It's funny, you know? You're dealing with a lightly-armed scout, who prefers evasion and observation to combat, probably already suffering from a concussion, and yet your suit piloting was so atrocious, that I was easily able to pin you. How will you survive when full squads of the real deal come marching through when I fail to radio-in, Miss Seismologist? Now my first suggestion would be that you return your garish, powered costume to whatever mail-order military surplus catalog you bought it from, and second, to never waylay a member of the armed services of the United States ever again. Engaging in hostile activities against the soldiers of a sovereign nation without declaration of war marks you as an illegal combatant, regardless of whose borders we're in: They'll hang you if they can catch you."

[ø] If she isn't swayed, quickly get free while she's distracted, deflect her sword with your retractable knife, and then kick her down. Pin her down with your magic and remove the sword from her if she hasn't dropped it from being kicked. Gift her the wings of the blood-eagle. (too bad he's christian)
>> No. 107554
[x] Bluff. "It's funny, you know? You're dealing with a lightly-armed scout, who prefers evasion and observation to combat, probably already suffering from a concussion, and yet your suit piloting was so atrocious, that I was easily able to pin you. How will you survive when full squads of the real deal come marching through when I fail to radio-in, Miss Seismologist? Now my first suggestion would be that you return your garish, powered costume to whatever mail-order military surplus catalog you bought it from, and second, to never waylay a member of the armed services of the United States ever again. Engaging in hostile activities against the soldiers of a sovereign nation without declaration of war marks you as an illegal combatant, regardless of whose borders we're in: They'll hang you if they can catch you."
[x] "Now, you see this flag emblem? It represents America, the Leader of the Free World, and its government. Japan and America have been close strategic allies ever since Japan was occupied by us following the Second World War. In fact, I was stationed here in Japan for some time, before my transport disintegrated on reentry or whatever the hell happened to cause this gap in my memory and spatial displacement. So, tell me how how it would look if a Japanese national & erstwhile vigilante-seismologist kills an American soldier for scattering her pile of rocks? I can assure you: It won't be good for you, your country, and whom or whatever you happen to represent."
[x] "So, to be perfectly short and honest, ma'am? Kiss my Red, White & Blue ass."

Holy shit, a vote that doesn't involve us bending over and taking it. I'm shocked.
>> No. 107557
[x]>>107534

Kinda over the top, and a bit unfeasible if you possess meta-knowledge, but good nonetheless. 'sides, if Tenshi likes to act like Reimu now, she wouldn't risk endangering the very country where Gensokyo is located and/or its secrecy.

By the way, I don't think we ever had a non-russian over-the-top-patriotic anon ever before. Now, where are those 'amerifags rot in hell' posts?
>> No. 107827
File 126087166610.jpg - (249.28KB , 522x750 , 1185968395944.jpg ) [iqdb]
107827
[x] Bluff. "It's funny, you know? You're dealing with a lightly-armed scout, who prefers evasion and observation to combat, probably already suffering from a concussion, and yet your suit piloting was so atrocious, that I was easily able to pin you. How will you survive when full squads of the real deal come marching through when I fail to radio-in, Miss Seismologist? Now my first suggestion would be that you return your garish, powered costume to whatever mail-order military surplus catalog you bought it from, and second, to never waylay a member of the armed services of the United States ever again. Engaging in hostile activities against the soldiers of a sovereign nation without declaration of war marks you as an illegal combatant, regardless of whose borders we're in: They'll hang you if they can catch you."
[x] "Now, you see this flag emblem? It represents America, the Leader of the Free World, and its government. Japan and America have been close strategic allies ever since Japan was occupied by us following the Second World War. In fact, I was stationed here in Japan for some time, before my transport disintegrated on reentry or whatever the hell happened to cause this gap in my memory and spatial displacement. So, tell me how how it would look if a Japanese national & erstwhile vigilante-seismologist kills an American soldier for scattering her pile of rocks? I can assure you: It won't be good for you, your country, and whom or whatever you happen to represent."
[x] "So, to be perfectly short and honest, ma'am? Kiss my Red, White & Blue ass."



The girl listens to your monologue with a forced smile on her face, the kind that conveys a message the exact opposite of her expression. She claps sarcastically when you finish.

"As far as last rants go, I've heard better. How do I rebut you? Let me count the ways." She counts off her points on her finger as she makes them. "First your suit is about as scouty as a beached whale, and don't think I don't know that insignia on your shoulder either. You're in the Witch’s Division, the best NASA can field, and I still got the better of you - out of my own suit." She taps your helmet with her sword, emphasizing how you're completely at her mercy. “I know how you military types operate, always at least in pairs, so you’re all alone and without backup. And really, who are you to accuse me of ambushing you? You were the one hiding in the bushes with lethal weapons trained on me, while I announced myself and asked you nicely to come out. I can see the headlines now: ‘Innocent Japanese maiden practices kendo in the woods, big bad brute of the US army in powered armor sees her little sword as a threat, stabs and shoots the poor girl’. You know, this isn’t all that bad a news story, I might get a commission out of it...” She raises her voice and shouts to the skies: “Aya! Got a scoop for you!”

A few minutes pass, while you wonder what's going on and she keeps a watchful eye over you to make sure you don’t try anything stupid like try to turn the tables on her. The awkward wait is broken by a sudden gust of wind that throws up leaves everywhere. When the swirling debris settles down again, you see a new entrant to the scene, a young woman of Japanese composition – reasonably fair skin, black hair (as compared to the blue-haired freak), not too tall – wearing a modest white blouse and dark skirt. Her headwear and footwear are strange, though, with a red cap that reminds you of a prayer cap, and shoes with what you can only describe as stilts tacked on where the arches of her feet should be. Ouch. She holds a small notepad and twirls a pen impatiently, holding herself with the cocky air of one who has the god-granted right to pry into every last detail of your life, in other words, a reporter.

“What’s that? A new doll?” black-hair asks, looking in your direction.

While keeping her sword trained on you, blue-hair gives a biased and highly sensational account of your encounter, making sure to lay the blame for everything on your head. Frustratingly, black-hair takes each wild tale at face value, not even bothering to raise a question or even an eyebrow as the facts get sparser and sparser and the fiction gets thicker and thicker. You’re pretty sure that you didn’t stab blue-hair’s knee with relish while twisting your blade to cut sinew and crack bone until she couldn’t stand up. Black-hair happily jolts down the “facts”, ignoring the fact that blue-hair is standing on your chest at the moment.

Ah… you notice that in the excitement of fibbing, your captor has forgotten to keep her sword pointed in your face. Now she holds it by her side, as though you are supposed to take everything lying down. You decide that you have other plans.



[ ] Get up and get’em.
[ ] Get up and get out.
[ ] Get up and get the truth out.





Also, non-story poll.

[ ] You're stopping too often. Please don't degrade until you get "[]breathe []don't breathe" choices!
[ ] You're not stopping often enough. We want more control!
[ ] Keep current settings.
[ ] Your story sucks, lurk moar.
>> No. 107831
[x] Get up and get the truth out.
[x] You're not stopping often enough. We want more control!
>> No. 107838
>The celestial knows more about our character than we were privileged to know.
>Is now spreading lies about us while we're totally at her mercy for no reason.
>We'll probably get beaten down again if we try to resist.

Fuckit, whatever. This is the part where I'd sarcastically make a huge surrender option, but to be honest real men never surrender.
>> No. 107839
>>107827
[x] Toki wo Tomare.
[x] So we don't run into problems again, please remember the following information:
[x] Name, rank, serial number, full list of spells, capabilities, how we got here, our relative position of skill, level of expertise in what fields, current political state, and anything else some know-it-all might try to screwball our write-ins with in Nethack-tier moves.
>> No. 107842
[x] Get up and get the truth out.
>> No. 107846
[x] Get up and get the truth out.
[x] You're not stopping often enough. We want more control!
>> No. 107892
[x] >>107839 + >>107842
>> No. 107960
[X] Get up and get the truth out

TO whoever asked for full info, we currently have amnesia, dont we? therefore we cant know all our abilities nor knowledge...
>> No. 108318
File 126135182393.png - (53.03KB , 150x195 , Aya2.png ) [iqdb]
108318
[x] Toki wo Tomare.
[x] So we don't run into problems again, please remember the following information:
[x] Name, rank, serial number, full list of spells, capabilities, how we got here, our relative position of skill, level of expertise in what fields, current political state, and anything else some know-it-all might try to screwball our write-ins with in Nethack-tier moves.

[x] Get up and get the truth out.

Before you act, you pause for a moment to get your thoughts straight and to take inventory of exactly what resources you have at hand to get you out of this mess. You don't have much luck with your recall, but you do manage to remember that you possess some personal defensive magic and some wide-area defensive magic, you are a black belt, and of course you are highly proficient with a large variety of firearms. Perhaps you really should find out why this little brat seems to know more about you than you do yourself.

But first, you have to clear your name. You may have committed your fair share of atrocities on the Moon, but damned if you are going to be framed for something you did not do. If your bluff and rant has shown anything, it is that the blue-hair seems intent, too intent, on morally justifying her actions, and you can exploit that.

With a single motion you push yourself off the ground, grabbing your pistol as you somersault in place and land on your feet, gun raised and aimed at her blue hair. You have seen crook-ear bunnies shrug off bullets to their torsos before the way blue-hair has shrugged off the bullet to your abdomen, but in your considerable experience massive cranial trauma remains a universal solution to all problems. Blue-hair seems to realize that she is unlikely to prove a rare exception, and suddenly freezes still.

"Liar!" you declare. "She's lying! None of it happened that way! -She- attacked -me- first with that fucking sword of hers!" you tell black-hair. "And for christ's sake look at her! She's still standing, now would she be if I did half the things she said I did?"

"Ayayaya!" Black-hair clucks, looking pleased as she takes out a 35mm camera from somewhere. "The celestial and the sentient doll give different accounts of the story! There is only one way to prove who is telling the truth..." she pauses for dramatic effect. Perhaps if she has TV cameras trained on her, she wouldn't look quite as ridiculous as she is looking now. "...danmaku!"

You stare at black-hair incredulously. To your credit, so does blue-hair.



[ ] Screw it. Double-tap blue-hair, double-tap black-hair, search their bodies for supplies and intel and continue on your way.
[ ] Agree to this "danmaku". Didn't the fairy earlier say it is a non-lethal bullet duel or something? Blue-hair doesn't seem hurt after you shot her, so you can argue that technically, your bullets are non-lethal to her, after you shoot her and win of course.
[ ] Refuse this "danmaku". (Suggest alternative course of action instead.)
[ ] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"
>> No. 108320
[x] Agree to this "danmaku". Didn't the fairy earlier say it is a non-lethal bullet duel or something? Blue-hair doesn't seem hurt after you shot her, so you can argue that technically, your bullets are non-lethal to her, after you shoot her and win of course.
>> No. 108321
[ø] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"
>> No. 108322
[X] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"

I would very much like a match of the Bedtop Sport for Indoor Types with Tenshi. We would totally win.
>> No. 108324
[X] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"

>sentient doll

We really should correct Aya on that sooner or later.
>> No. 108334
>>108321
>>108322
>>108324

I must say this: Wow Anon truly do think with their dicks.

And I doubt this would lead to anything remotely sexy. (And watch as I'm proven wrong)
>> No. 108338
[x] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"

I am amused by this.
>> No. 108339
[X] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"
then
[X] Agree to this "danmaku". Didn't the fairy earlier say it is a non-lethal bullet duel or something? Blue-hair doesn't seem hurt after you shot her, so you can argue that technically, your bullets are non-lethal to her, after you shoot her and win of course.

I gotta see their reactions to the last choice...
>> No. 108341
>>108334
It's less about dickthink, and more about "What the fuck is that?"
>> No. 108344
>>108339>>108341

These anons have the right idea.
"WTF is danmaku" is what our mc must be feeling right now.

Adding
[X] Agree to this "danmaku". Didn't the fairy earlier say it is a non-lethal bullet duel or something? Blue-hair doesn't seem hurt after you shot her, so you can argue that technically, your bullets are non-lethal to her, after you shoot her and win of course.
to my vote (>>108321)
>> No. 108359
[X] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"
then
[X] Agree to this "danmaku". Didn't the fairy earlier say it is a non-lethal bullet duel or something? Blue-hair doesn't seem hurt after you shot her, so you can argue that technically, your bullets are non-lethal to her, after you shoot her and win of course.

Good.
>> No. 108514
File 126147473991.jpg - (895.98KB , 1241x911 , 20080615.jpg ) [iqdb]
108514
[X] "What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"
[X] Agree to this "danmaku". Didn't the fairy earlier say it is a non-lethal bullet duel or something? Blue-hair doesn't seem hurt after you shot her, so you can argue that technically, your bullets are non-lethal to her, after you shoot her and win of course.

"What the hell is danmaku? A condom brand?"

Great, now they're both staring at you as though you're an alien, which, to their credit, you probably are.

"Aha, you must be new to Gensokyo! Allow me to explain the rules of danmaku!" Black-hair exclaims excitedly. "First, you must understand who's the aggressor and who's the defender. In this case, you're accusing Tenshi of lying, so you are the aggressor. She will declare a spell card, and you will have to either survive the entire duration or break the spell early. Once it's over, the loser has to acquiesce to the winner so the fight doesn't escalate until someone gets killed. Do you understand now?"

You're not sure if you understand completely, but it seems like a trial by combat of some sort. You allow yourself a snicker at how backwards they are before nodding your assent. This feels rather anti-climatic after your hot-blooded scuffle with blue-hair earlier.

Blue-hair walks away, putting more distance between you and her, and you do likewise. This is feeling more and more like a duel. Just as you are wondering whether you are supposed to draw and turn around before or after the danmaku begins, you hear her taunting your back. "Ready or not, here I come! Sign of the World / Look Down Upon Earth Below."

You whip around just in time to see blue-hair driving her sword into the ground. A tremor tickles your feet and a sense of danger prickles the back of your neck. On instinct you leap off to your right, and just in time, as several thin columns of rock burst out of the ground where you have been standing moments ago. The strangely phallic columns rise to waist height with such speed that if they hit an unarmoured person, it would have been extremely... painful. Even in your armoured suit, the experience would probably be rather unpleasant.

You look back at blue-hair, to see her pulling her sword up and preparing to drive it into the soil again. You don't give her another chance. Your trusty Beretta comes up as you adopt the Weaver stance, zero your sights on her bratty face and squeeze the trigger. And squeeze the trigger again. And again. And again...

The report of your pistol is still ringing in your ears when the hammer clicks on an empty clip. You have emptied an entire magazine's worth of ammunition into her face, neck, and upper torso now. Blue-hair, almost red-hair now thanks to all the blood on it, lies on the ground unmoving, her body twisted, thankfully face-down... you are no stranger to gore, but you would rather not see the messy remants of her face if you can at all help it.

"Ugh..." unbelieveably, blue-hair moans, proving harder to kill than an infestation of cockcroaches. She sits up and rubs some of her blood off her face with her hand. Miraculously, beneath all the blood, her head is still intact, without so much as a bullet hole. She blinks at you, her eyes unfocused, spitting blood and phlegm out of her mouth. "Ow. I fhink fhat's a record time... it hurts but in a good way."

Black-hair snaps a picture with her camera, her face beaming. "What a scoop! Celestial gets her ass handed to her by a first-timer!"



[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 108519
>>108514
That's quite a UGUU AM I CUTE face Tenshi's got there.
>> No. 108522
>>108514
Now, I realize that Tenshi is masochistic and has the enhanced physical endurance of a celestial and all, but a clip to the face, neck and torso and she's still alive?
I guess it's a good thing that she didn't die... After all, I imagine that we would have made a number of enemies, if she were to die.

[ø]Ask the black-haired one about this Gensokyo, the blue-haired one mentioned it earlier, but you thought she was lying.
>> No. 108525
>>108514
THAT FACE OH GOOD LORD

[x]'Your face looks really cute when covered on blood'
[x]'Ask her for information about this land and the people that live here'
>> No. 108541
>>108519
>>108522
>>108525
I don't know what you're all talking about; it looks fine from the thumbnail, but I'll just check the full picture here and SWEET MERCIFUL CHRIST WHAT IS THAT THING
>> No. 108544
[x]Ask the black-haired one about this Gensokyo, the blue-haired one mentioned it earlier, but you thought she was lying.
>> No. 108546
File 126152252546.jpg - (186.05KB , 560x695 , tenshi more~.jpg ) [iqdb]
108546
[x] "'In a good way?' Well if I had any more ammunition, I'd be sure to use it on you."
[x] Sucker punch 'Tenshi' with a power armored fist. Make it a straight cross, and then as many times as it takes for her to fall unconscious.
-[x] If Aya mentions anything about excessive force, just remember the phrase 'unlawful combatant'.
-[x] Cannibalize or sabotage anything you can from her K-mart suit before she regains consciousness.
-[x] Take her sword too for good measure; you'd like to conserve ammo anyway.
[x] While you're rooting through Tenshi's stuff, ask the black-haired one about this Gensokyo; the blue-haired one mentioned it earlier, but you thought she was lying.
-[x] Explain that the parts and ammunition of your suit is limited, which is why you're confiscating Tenshi's. Her being in the possession of patented military technology is probably a violation of numerous international laws, so you're her doing her a favor really by taking it and not pressing charges.
-[x] The sword you can justify too, because she attacked you with it before the 'duel' or before even attempting to initiate one: You can't just run around chucking scimitars at people. That's a Bad Thing!
-[x] Other pertinent details: Date, coordinates, where you can get a map, and what kind of currency they use here, and whether you can exchange your own.

Tenshi will make an awesome recurring villain.

She'll just keep coming with progressively more expensive equipment, that she can't quite operate correctly, which we will then steal.

Nobody likes Tenshi, so we're not going to get other revenge encounters except for her (and possibly Iku, who is a rational sort and might talked down). The important people we don't want to upset like Reimu know Aya's articles are 80% BS, but they can hopefully be reassured that we're really quite weak and not a threat to the other humans here. Our relative brutality should keep people like Marisa away too, until they can at least gauge our abilities.

Finally, the Sword of Hisou is an excellent tool for someone who is new to Gensokyo, since it automatically changes itself to exploit its enemies' weaknesses.
>> No. 108551
>>108546

talk about assuming things majorily. Sure Tenshi might be an unlikable bitch in some stories and doujins, but who to say Lute won't have different plans?

Thinking of this as purely just another Touhou story might backfire on us.
>> No. 108556
>>108546
>Nobody likes Tenshi

If you're talking story-wise, then you may be right.
But if you're talking reader-wise, then I must inform you that you are completely wrong and should be punished for such blatant lies.
>> No. 108557
>If you're talking story-wise, then you may be right.

This just brings up that we've don't have any stories currently running stories featuring her and Iku with their own routes.

And this makes me sad.
>> No. 108559
File 126153010154.jpg - (78.96KB , 820x585 , tenshi rpg.jpg ) [iqdb]
108559
>>108556
>But if you're talking reader-wise, then I must inform you that you are completely wrong and should be punished for such blatant lies.

Gee, it's not like I want to ensure she comes back into the story at regular intervals or anything.
>> No. 108562
>>108559

but doing that last write in would do alot more harm than good, especially for Tenshi fans. Do consider we got off on a very wrong foot; we should try to mend the bridges, otherwise Tenshi might have other things unleashed upon us.
>> No. 108580
[x]Ask the black-haired one about this Gensokyo, the blue-haired one mentioned it earlier, but you thought she was lying.
>> No. 108687
File 126172014247.png - (226.91KB , 448x336 , Hisouten2.png ) [iqdb]
108687
You smile at reddened-blue-hair, your inner sadist aroused by her blood-streaked grimace, as you gently tilt her head up by the chin with the fingers of your left hand. "Your face looks really cute when covered with blood," you tell her. "If I had any ammunition to spare, I'd be sure to use it on you." Then without warning you bring your right armor-clad fist forward and sucker-punch the poor girl in the face. She drops to the ground like a limp rag doll.

A flash distracts you, and you turn, annoyed, to see that black-hair has just taken a picture with her camera. You groan at the brewing PR debacle, but there's nothing much you can do about it short of attacking her too. Instead, you swiftly pat down the unconscious girl for any concealed weapons she may have, but it seems that other than her sword, which you decide to take as a trophy, she doesn't have any weapons on her.

"Is this... Gensokyo place really on earth?" you ask black-hair as you move towards the discarded powered suit, which is still sparking irregularly at the knee where you stabbed through the joint.

"Yes, I overheard you talking with Tenshi. 'Gensokyo, Nagano Prefecture, Japan', wasn't it? She may be an unlikeable brat who nobody minds seeing get beat up but she's not a liar. Gensokyo was sealed off from the outside world up until recently, so outsiders like you probably have never heard of it." She snaps another picture of you rummaging through the suit's compartment for equipment, much to your annoyance. "Name's Aya Shameimaru, reporter for the BunBunmaru News."

You find quite a haul in Tenshi's suit: a military-issue shotgun and various grenades, smokes and flares. You can practically feel your survival odds rising as you transfer the gear to your own suit's compartments. You get up, and face Aya. She snaps another picture, and winds the camera film. She might be a reporter, but if you off her out here in the middle of nowhere, no one would know...


[ ] Destroy that damned camera of hers.
[ ] "And I'm ______ ______. Nice to meet you too." (choose your name!)



Inventory:
NASA Powered Suit (63 hours of power left)
1.9L water / 2 MREs / 1 energy bar
Knife
M9A1, 4 magazines (60 rounds)
Pocket bible
Your letter
Tenshi's sword
M4 Super 90 semi-automatic shotgun, 3 magazines + 1 (25 rounds)
2 Frag grenades
1 Smoke grenade
1 Flashbang
2 Red flares
1 Green flare
1 Red smoke
>> No. 108688
can't really think of any good names but throw my vote in for
[x] "And I'm ______ ______. Nice to meet you too."

I'll let a more creative anon make a name.
>> No. 108690
[x] "And I'm Sarah Kerrigan. Nice to meet you too."
-[x] "Do you have a copy of the latest BunBunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper"
>> No. 108691
[x] "And I'm Sarah Kerrigan. Nice to meet you too."
-[x] "Do you have a copy of the latest BunBunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper"
>> No. 108696
File 126174554927.jpg - (162.05KB , 750x1140 , 29.jpg ) [iqdb]
108696
[X] Pic related
>> No. 108700
[ø] "And I'm Sarah Kerrigan. Nice to meet you too."
-[ø] "Do you have a copy of the latest BunBunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper"
-[ø] Check the date on the paper.
-[ø] "also, what do you mean that Gensokyo was sealed off from the outside until recently? What caused it to become no longer 'sealed off'"?
>> No. 108713
[x] "And I'm Sarah Kerrigan. Nice to meet you too."
-[x] "Do you have a copy of the latest Bunbunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper."
-[x] Check the date on the paper.
-[x] "And what do you mean when you say that Gensokyo was sealed off from the outside until recently? What caused it to become no longer 'sealed off'"?
>> No. 108751
[x] "And I'm Sarah Kerrigan. Nice to meet you too."
-[x] "Do you have a copy of the latest Bunbunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper."
-[x] Check the date on the paper.
-[x] "And what do you mean when you say that Gensokyo was sealed off from the outside until recently? What caused it to become no longer 'sealed off'"?
>> No. 108867
[x] "And I'm Sarah Kerrigan. Nice to meet you too."
-[x] "Do you have a copy of the latest Bunbunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper."
-[x] Check the date on the paper.
-[x] "And what do you mean when you say that Gensokyo was sealed off from the outside until recently? What caused it to become no longer 'sealed off'"?
>> No. 108895
File 126209468080.jpg - (474.90KB , 1280x1024 , 1250989471821.jpg ) [iqdb]
108895
[x] "And I'm Sarah Kerrigan. Nice to meet you too."
-[x] "Do you have a copy of the latest Bunbunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper."
-[x] Check the date on the paper.
-[x] "And what do you mean when you say that Gensokyo was sealed off from the outside until recently? What caused it to become no longer 'sealed off'"?

"And I'm Captain Sarah Kerrigan, United States Aerospace Corps. Nice to meet you too," you introduce yourself in return, your description rolling off your tongue before you can think about it. "Do you have a copy of the latest Bunbunmaru News with you? I could really use any source of information right now, even more so if it's a newspaper."

Aya smiles ruefully. "I usually carry around a few samples for cases like this, but not today."

"Ah..." sudden inspiration strikes you. "What's today's date?"

"Hm?" She's taken aback by the question and gives you a strange look, but humours you anyway, mumbling as she makes calculations with her fingers. "In the outside calendar... let's see... add that... um, the twenty-eighth? No, the twenty-ninth of the twelve month, what-do-you-call-it, two thousand and nine anno-domini?"

"December twenty-nine, oh-nine," you mutter softly. Good news; you aren't a time traveler. "And what do you mean when you say that Gensokyo was sealed off from the outside until recently? What caused it to become no longer 'sealed off'"?

"You'll see soon enough," Aya replies mysteriously. "By the way, thanks for not running off."

"Wha-" you ask, puzzled. "Oh, shit."

Blinking warnings on your HUD warn of a small fleet of five aircraft closing in fast upon your position. They fly too low and too slow to be fixed-wing air-craft, but neither do they seem to have external rotors. You magnify your vision on one of them and see jet-like engines mounted vertically along the fuselage like a VTOL craft, as you prepare to shoulder your weapon, ineffective though it may be.

"Easy, they're mine." Aya gently places her hand on your gun and nudges it back down.

Four of the aircraft pass by overhead, their engine exhaust kicking up dirt and dead leaves, but the fifth comes to a hover nearby. Up close, you can see that it is crudely but functionally constructed, with none of the aesthetics and smooth lines you are used to seeing on a bird. Four cylindrical engines are tacked on to a tube-like body like a child's clay rendition of an unknown animal. There is an opening on the port and starboard sides of the fuselage for entrance and exit, as well as for mounting a pair of gatling guns, one of which is uncomfortably aimed at your chest, though it is not spinning (yet).

Someone inside the aircraft tosses a rope ladder out the opening in the fuselage and down to the ground. Aya gestures. "After you."



[ ]Go with Aya.
[ ]No thanks, you'd rather walk.
>> No. 108898
[x]Go with Aya.

I see no harm in this, though a hi-tech Gensokyo seems kinda... wrong to me.
>> No. 108899
[ø]Go with Aya.
2009? Interesting.
I don't mind this Gensokyo at all, it's weird and wonderful.
>> No. 108900
File 126210845574.jpg - (69.27KB , 992x851 , shameimaru.jpg ) [iqdb]
108900
>>108898
Different. I think that the word you're looking for is 'different'

[x]Go with Aya.
Why not? We can give our version of the story much better if we go with her. Besides, the Tengu faction is the one group that you want to have as allies. They have their tradition of speed and efficiency, the Kappa's techonology and the Moriya's faith.
>> No. 108903
Wait, that Sarah Kerrigan thing wasn't a flippant, sarcastic response? We're a woman, now?

...

Okay.

[x] Go with Aya.
>> No. 108905
>>108903
Why not, our gender was never specified, after all. Not to mention OP's image.
>> No. 108909
[x] Go with Aya.
>> No. 108921
>>108900

But it was technology and science that brought about the downfall of the original age of Youkai. Perhaps by this time, Yukari managed to have some safe guards as to prevent the Youkai from blinking out of existence.

Though there's a certain level of absurd overkill in giving Youkai powered armor (considering how some of them are a match for a power armored human by themselves)

And one might wonder if the youkai are weakened by using science and such.
>> No. 109018
File 126227740615.jpg - (258.98KB , 720x720 , 1213699459573.jpg ) [iqdb]
109018
[x] Go with Aya.

You take a hold of the rope and start climbing your way up. Before you manage to get more than a few steps up, though, the VTOL craft takes off, leaving you swinging precariously on a rope ladder that may or may not be able to hold your weight, powered suit and all. You look down, and see Aya a few rungs below you. Counting on the rope being the expensive kind that can take a lot of tension, you continue upwards until friendly hands grab your shoulders and pull you the rest of the way into the fuselage.

You look around, taken aback by the sight, and you are not someone who is easily taken aback after all you have seen on your lunar campaigns. The pilot and co-pilot seem the most normal, wearing flight helmets and close-fitting jumpsuits that reveal slender body builds like Aya's. On the left and right are the gatlings, and manning each of them is a humanoid sporting wolfish ears and a tail. Sitting on crude benches bolted on either side of the inner hull are a few more of the anthromorphic wolves uniformed in greys and reds, with the rest of the space taken up by short figures in camouflage patterns of watery blues and greens wearing heavy backpacks and funny flat caps. Someone behind you gently pushes you out of the way; it is Aya climbing aboard.

"It's dangerous for you to keep flying off like that, General," the young soldier on the starboard gatling says with the tone of an exasperated bodyguard. Her voice is surprisingly feminine for someone who looked at first sight to be a boy.

"I can take care of myself, Corporal Inubashiri," Aya dismisses her concern with a wave of her hand and proceeds up to the front of the craft, balancing with the help of supports screwed into the ceiling along the way. Not sure what else to do, you give the soldiers one last look (as do they, having recovered from staring open-mouthed at you and now beginning to whisper among themselves) and follow Aya. The size of the interior reminds you of a Pave Low.

Aya has donned a headset and is speaking, presumably on a radio. "Sierra Delta Mike, this is Tango Golf Alpha, do you copy over?"

"..." A short pause as she listens to the reply.

"Inbound up the river in ten minutes. We'll take out the guns and send you an advance kappa team while the rest of us hit them in their rear." There is another pause, then Aya flicks a switch and turns back to you.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Aya gestures towards the rolling landscape whizzing by outside the cockpit. You have to agree with her as you admire the pastoral scene unfolding in front of you. A mountain range turns the horizon into a canvas of jagged peaks, from which meltwater streams down a valley to form a lake, the middle of which is playing bright tricks with the afternoon sun. A single river flows away from the lake, with a small town straddling the waterway along the shores of the natural resevoir, the smoke of industry rising merrily from various buildings. The rest of the land is neatly divided into plots of farmland connected by winding roads. Still, something seems out of place, as though you are looking at a picture instead of a real world. Then it strikes you: there are no paved roads, not even a single automobile travelling, not a power line in sight, in fact, no indication that this is the 21st century instead of, say, the 19th. The contrast between the feudal landscape and the at least WWII-era technology around you is harsh.

"...someday the farms will be replaced by factories, and we too will disappear from this earth," Aya is saying. "But we won't live to see that day if the Lunarians kill us all first."

"Lunarians?" you ask as the word snaps you back out of your reverie.

She points towards the lake. "Take a closer look."

You magnify your vision on the town and see that things are not as they first seem to be. There is smoke rising, not from chimneys and smokestacks, but from smouldering ruins and structures still ablze. A flash catches your attention, and you follow the arcing trajectory of a projectile as it rises above the buildings and flies over the lake- then a brighter flash that you had mistaken for the sun's reflection earlier, but not anymore. "Lunarian siege artillery," you mutter as you follow the shell's projected trajectory and sight a castle built with red stone in the middle of the lake. A few more artillery rounds explode in the air, briefly outlining the usually invisible dome-shaped anti-bombardment field that they smashed into. "That shield's on its last legs."

"I see that too. We have to hurry," Aya agrees in a somber voice, all traces of her earlier playfulness replaced by an ancient weariness. You look at her and are surprised to see that her vision is unaided, without even a pair of binoculars, yet she can see what you saw. "You asked what I meant when I said that Gensokyo was sealed off until recently. Here is your answer. It used to be that we were isolated from both Earth and Moon, but not anymore. Now we are embroiled in politics and war once again, the reasons that this land was sealed off in the first place. I ask you, will you help us drive the Lunarians out?"

Lunarians are invading Earth. Nobody will be surprised, as the question has been "when" not "if" for a long time now, but the actuality of it, no longer an abstraction, weighs heavier on your thoughts than you thought it would. "You don't need to ask twice," you tell her, "or even once."

"You can probably guess our plans. The Lunarians have captured the town and hid their artillery inside. Our Troops drop off just outside town, a small squad of marines swim to the mansion and reinforce them, everyone else destroys the big guns, breaks the siege, and retakes the town. Let's get you some proper weapons." Aya briefs you as she rummages through an equipment locker. In the meantime, your aircraft catches up with the other four and settles into formation, flying upriver.



[ ] Heavy machine gun
[ ] High-caliber sniper rifle
[ ] Missile launcher
>> No. 109019
File 126227876144.jpg - (97.62KB , 450x600 , 8848444.jpg ) [iqdb]
109019
[c] High-caliber sniper rifle.
>> No. 109020
[x] High-caliber sniper rifle
>> No. 109022
File 12622810126.jpg - (116.52KB , 600x450 , starcraft-ghost-nova.jpg ) [iqdb]
109022
What would a ghost be without her
[ø] High-caliber sniper rifle
Make sure that there is a nuclear silo tacked onto the command center.
>> No. 109023
Except starcraft ghosts basically had explosive canister launchers
>> No. 109031
>>109025
Sorry, but the C-10 is a canister rifle, bro.
>> No. 109035
[x] Heavy machine gun

Sarah seems a bit more combat-oriented.
>> No. 109055
>>109023
>>109031

That weapon I think would qualify as concussive in Starcraft terms (it does less damage against larger targets than small) while explosive damage is the opposite.

I suspect this is a question to determine our character's speciality.

[x] High-caliber sniper rifle
-[x] But pretty good with other weapons.
>> No. 109093
File 126236805430.jpg - (119.04KB , 650x444 , 1252427481530.jpg ) [iqdb]
109093
[x] High-caliber sniper rifle

"Try this." Aya tosses you a heavy gun with a long barrel and supporting bipod. You familiarize yourself with the bolt action and the calibration settings. The ammunition is about the size of a .50 BMG round, which suits you just fine. It's not your favorite railgun, but it'll do. "Do you have a radio in that suit of yours?" she asks next.

You shake your head. "It's broken."

"Take this, then," Aya hands you a spare radio and headset. It's bulky, but you strap the transmitter/receiver to your back, splice the headset wires, and jury-rig them into the jacks on your suit. Your onboard computer does the rest, cleaning the signal and feeding the sounds to your ears.

You hear Aya's voice from two sources as she speaks into her radio. "Attention everyone, this is Tango Golf Alpha. We've got a new friend with us in full body armor. You can't miss her if you see her, but do try not to shoot her. She'll provide us with observation and sniper support, callsign-"

"-Star Ghost," you interrupt, remembering your old callsign.

"-repeat, callsign Star Ghost," she finishes.

"Sixty seconds," one of the pilots announces.

"Sixty seconds! Gear up!" A woman, one of the short ones with the funny caps and backpacks, probably a sergeant, shouts to the rest of the soldiers further back in the aircraft.

The aircraft are almost at the town now, descending until they're flying only a few feet above the river, well below the minimum altitude of any large surface-to-air missiles. Sporadic small arms fire from hastily fortified buildings crisscrosses the air, and the gatlings open up in ten-fold reply that quickly silences the small resistance. The VTOLs hover above the river on the outskirts of town in a semi-circular formation, with an outer ring of chainguns covering the soldiers as they... dive into the river?

The short-ones-with-the-funny-caps-and-backpacks, which you decide to refer to as kappa after the mythical turtles they slightly resemble for the sake of your own sanity from now on, are the only ones jumping, and not all of them at that. Aya shouts to the last kappa to jump, the one who had passed on the sixty second announcement earlier. "Lieutenant Kawashiro! You know the drill, get up there and hold off any amphibs!"

"Yes ma'am!" You're glad to see your aircraft veer towards dry land as soon as Kawashiro dives. Two of the aircraft head for the left bank of the river while yours and the other two strafe right, keeping the starboard gatlings facing the enemy while the remaining soldiers prepare to rappel down on the port side.

Enemy fire opens up again when the aircraft come to a hover to release their loads of infantry. The gatling guns return fire, following the foe's own tracers to their source and neutralizing each threat with a hail of hot metal. One by one the soldiers reach the safety of the ground and run off to seek defensive positions. Already you can hear the chatter of automatic weapons fire being exchanged on the ground. At this rate, you and Aya would be the last two to leave the aircraft-

It is a sixth sense that you accquired through many years of war. You spin around to see Inubashiri slumped over her gatling with a red spot on her chest and back, both expanding as her blood soaks through her uniform. Immediately you rush over and pull her behind the cover of the aircraft's hull. Out of the corner of your eye you spot a muzzle flash, and a moment later on the other side of your vision you see sparks fly as a bullet hits the inside of the fuselage, opposite of where Inubashiri's body would have been had you not pulled her away. Single shots, must be a sniper.

"Momizi!" You hear Aya cry out, but already you are springing into action...


[ ] Quick, (wo)man the gatling and shoot the enemy sniper.
[ ] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.
[ ] Quick, carry Inubashiri and rappel/jump to the ground.
>> No. 109095
[x] Missile launcher

Rocket Whore comes to mind for some reason...
>> No. 109096
[ø] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.
I believe this is the best option here, depending on our heroine's/suit's ability with the sniper rifle.
>> No. 109103
[ ] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.

Bam.
>> No. 109106
[x] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.

As long as that sniper's active, we can't really rescue Momiji without risking massive if not fatal damage.

I wonder how well Youkai in this Gensokyo regenerate from their injuries.
>> No. 109108
[x] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.
>> No. 109125
[X] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.
>> No. 109133
[X] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.
>> No. 109140
File 126243402076.jpg - (75.39KB , 660x600 , 1247957272630.jpg ) [iqdb]
109140
[X] Quick, draw your sniper rifle and counter-snipe the enemy sniper.

You get down to a crawl, resting your sniper rifle on the aircraft's floor and lying perpendicular to it to minimize the amount of your body not covered by the fuselage. You adjust the scope and zoom in on where you saw the muzzle flash earlier, and to your satisfaction you spot the long ears of a Lunarian sniper in a far-off window. The ears are crooked and the sight of them fills you with the thrill of the hunt. Crookears are the elite of the bunnies, rumoured to be genetically engineered super-soldiers, and definitely a notch above the plain straight or floppy eared kind. You adjust your aim to take your shot and blow her head off, estimating windspeed from some unfortunate citizen's laundry hung to dry, using the ambient temperature before you boarded the aircraft, assuming Coriolis effects as if you are in Japan- damn it, which way is north?

You're cursing the lack of a compass (damn the REMFs who decided that compasses are obviously unnecessary because the moon has no consistent magnetic field) and in the middle of squeezing off a long shot anyways just in case the stars are aligned in your favor, when your aim is suddenly thrown wild. You turn towards the pilots to see why they're allowing their bird to lurch like this, only to see that they're both dead, with bits of bone and brain splattered over the left windshield while the right windshield sports a jagged bullet hole in the glass. The aircraft itself is starting to fall, but at least unlike a helicopter it's not spinning like a top as it makes its final descent. You have very little time before it makes a hard landing.


Quick, grab... (select none, one, two, or three of the following:)
[ ] Inubashiri
[ ] Aya
[ ] your sniper rifle

...and... (select one of the following)
[ ] brace for impact.
[ ] jump out the starboard side.
[ ] turn around and jump out the port side.
>> No. 109142
[X] Inubashiri
[X] turn around and jump out the port side.

Aya can probably handle herself and we need to stay out of the sniper's sights.
>> No. 109143
[ø] your sniper rifle
[ø] Inubashiri
[ø] turn around and jump out the port side.
>> No. 109146
[x] your sniper rifle
[x] Inubashiri
[x] Warn Aya of what's happening
[x] turn around and jump out the port side.

I'm sure Aya can handle herself, but I think she could use a warning since she might be too busy with other things to notice.
>> No. 109149
[x] your sniper rifle
[x] Inubashiri
[x] Warn Aya of what's happening
[x] turn around and jump out the port side.
>> No. 109160
[x] your sniper rifle
[x] Inubashiri
[x] Warn Aya of what's happening
[x] turn around and jump out the port side.
>> No. 109177
[x] your sniper rifle
[x] Inubashiri
[x] Warn Aya of what's happening
[x] turn around and jump out the port side.
>> No. 111396
... and this one too.

Updates?
>> No. 111417
[x] your sniper rifle
[x] Inubashiri
[x] Warn Aya of what's happening
[x] turn around and jump out the port side.

i'll vote, if for no other reason than having missed the last update before this hiatus...