[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125999368436.jpg - (1.04MB , 1685x1770 , b7db9867d1347b9bcdfa8e6802cd8cec.jpg ) [iqdb]
106419 No. 106419
Continuation of >>105366

Have a Patchy.

-------

So, Patchouli expects you to properly introduce yourself (while still keeping to the nickname she's given you), does she? As both her and Marisa look on at you, a strange pressure suddenly in the air and weighing down on you, you ponder the question that has been asked of you. 'Jin', huh... Cycling the various kanji you can remember off the top of your head, you realize that there's a whole damn lot of them that can be read that way. Originally, Patchouli had used the symbol for 'man', 'human being', or 'person', but... that's hardly descriptive at all of yourself as an individual.

Or, well, in a way it just might be - after all, you're a human amidst monsters, so your humanity is your defining attribute in the given context, and yet... Another one appeals to you even more. You reach for your sketchbook to show them what you've chosen, but another idea comes to mind, in the form of remembering just how Patchouli explained the process of choosing the nickname to you back in the school nurse's office that one day... Holding your hand out, you mentally project the image before you, just like during a duel, ethereal bright lines forming in the air.

"'Endure'? Interesting." Patchouli narrows her eyes mildly, looking at the symbol hovering in front of you until it dissipates into thin air. You can't quite tell whether this is a look of approval, or disappointment, or-... Well, technically you had no obligation to impress her with your choice to begin with, but there's just something in the back of your mind that wants her to be pleased with you, that wants your mentor and benefactor to have a positive opinion of you. Marisa's reaction, on the other hand, is plainly obvious.

"Eh? Aww man, that's pretty boring... I was expecting something fancy and cool, like 'god' or 'blade' or something!" Upon uttering the latter example, she makes a slicing motion through the air with her hand, snickering in an overly amused manner and provoking a roll of the eyes from Patchouli.

"Regardless, it is time for us to get to your training. Marisa, you are free to stay or leave, as long as you do not interrupt..." Once again, she produces the origami crane, which splits apart into countless others, beginning their erratic flight patterns through the air around you three. Marisa takes the liberty of pulling up a chair and seating herself on it, facing the back of the chair with her legs over the sides and her arms leaning on the back.

"I wouldn't miss this for anything! I wanna see what the guy can do."

You blink in surprise.
"I thought you agreed to teach me about flight, today?"

"I did no such thing," Patchouli retorts without hesitation. As you try to recall the exact wording of your conversation before Marisa invaded the library, she resumes speaking...
"I would like to, but before we can even discuss such a topic, we need to get your mind back on the right track; your powers have likely been unused for days now, so we should begin with something simpler - target practice. You aim still left much to be desired, the last time I witnessed your attempts."

"Alrighty then..." Might as well get to work. As before, you try to fixate your vision on one bird at a time, memorizing its flight pattern and trying to account for distance and movement; and just as before, the first few times you strike out with your mind miss rather badly, fortunately being absorbed by some sort of invisible barrier around the immediate area. There are still dents and similar signs of damage on the surrounding bookcases from that one time...

"Focus. You lash out wildly. Why did you choose that symbol?" Patchouli smoothly switches over to English in her speech for that last sentence, catching you by surprise and leaving Marisa looking dumbfounded. You'd think she'd be able to understand you, what with having English classes in school...

"Eh? Speak Japanese, dangit, I can't understand you two!" Puffing our her cheeks in protest, Marisa gives the two of you a dirty look, even though you haven't even actually said anything yet.

"I was not speaking to you, now was I?" A somewhat cold response from Patchouli, her face taking on an even more stern glare than usual.
"...And if you had been taking your English studies seriously, you would have no problem understanding us. Do I need to give you additional homework tasks? Private extra lessons after classes are over?" Mmm, private lessons with Patchy... No, snap out of it, she's boring when you're at school, remember? In any case, Marisa promptly shuts up and resumes quietly observing you ineffectually sniping paper birds with the power of your will. The actual act of blasting them, itself, is gradually becoming easier to you; a bit of a mix of picturing what you want to happen, and... well, -wanting- it to happen. In this case, wanting that damned bird to explode god damn you stop zigzagging like that. At least it isn't making you very tired anymore.
"I asked you a question."

"Oh, uhh..." Shifting over to English yourself, you begin to ponder the exact reasons more closely, so as to formulate a sufficient explanation to your mentor.

"Do you find your experiences so far to be a burden? Do you consider yourself to be suffering?"

"No." You respond instantly, to your own surprise.
"No, I... I don't mind it. I'll admit, it's a burden at times, but it's one I don't mind carrying. Heck, I -want- to carry it, I want to... understand, you know? Understand Flandre, Remilia, even you and Sakuya... Everyone and everything. I'll gladly bear any difficulties along the way, if it means helping my friends and getting to understand them better." Cheesy as ever, aren't you. No matter; you spoke from your heart there. Endure, in enduring grow strong. That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger, and so on. If you can just stay alive, and get stronger, then you're sure you'll learn to fit in in Gensokyo...

"I see." It really is strange to hear her speaking English. Sure, it should actually feel more natural than her speaking Japanese, considering her name, yet her total lack of an identifiable accent regardless of the language she speaks in is just uncanny. Her voice sounds... well, not disappointed, in any case.
"So, your willingness to put up with any difficulties you may face is what you consider your defining feature? Also... Your technique is lacking."

"Well, what else can I do? They're moving too fast, I-..."

"Do what you did that one time." Do what now?

...Oh.

That.

Memories of your incident with Patchouli last weekend come flooding back to your mind, yet you muster up the mental strength to block them out. You've already, ah... fixed that, haven't you. That's right, there's no reason to feel bad anymore, so you might as well-... Hmm. Now how did you do that? Ignoring Marisa's stifled yawn from the side, you stare up at the one annoying bird, focusing on it, picturing it... picturing its core, in front of your face. You reach out your hand, grasping it in your palm, and... clench your fist together.

The origami crane explodes into a fine dust. Not just shreds of paper like the ones you managed to hit with regular bursts of your, uh, mind-blasts, but dust. Utterly destroyed. Not only that, the sudden shock of drained energy hits you in the back of the head; not to the point of pain or instant exhaustion, but you certainly -felt- that.

"Hmm." Was that a good or bad 'hmm' just now? You can't quite tell... Both Patchouli and Marisa are staring upwards where the bird used to be just a moment ago, the former with her usual stoic, pensive expression, the mouth of the latter slowly opening before she speaks up.

"Huh, that looks kinda familiar..."

"It does?" you ask, curious. You're not quite sure -why- that worked better, after all.

"Never mind that for now." Patchouli's voice has a dangerously stern undertone to it, all of a sudden; however, it seems to lighten up momentarily.
"Do you think you can destroy the rest of them like that, too?"

"I, uh..." It's not exactly enough to make you wobble on your feet, but you blink your eyes a few times and place one hand on your head, just to stabilize yourself again.
"I'm not sure, I don't-..." No, wait... You have an idea. Once again, you focus your gaze on one of the flying birds, projecting an image of its center in front of you... And then you focus on another, doing the same. And another, and another, until you're visualizing a swirling pattern of little glowing dots before yourself, like a miniature representation of your awareness, your senses, picking up the flight patterns of the birds, exactly where they are - and where they are, is in the palm of your hand.

Which you squeeze shut.

The feeling of being hit in the back of your skull with a metal pole never comes; instead, the same feeling of exertion you felt moments ago when crushing the one bird simply seems to double, which makes little to no sense. You just made the entire flock of cranes explode - surely, the amount of effort involved would be multiple times that of destroying just one?

"Woah..." Marisa seems impressed, at least; you're not quite sure whether you share her sentiments, or what you did just now spooked the hell out of you.
"And I thought I was the only one in Gensokyo that could do such a wide-area attack! Haha, this is awesome! Are you sure I can't duel him, Patchy?"

"Quite sure. After all... These were only paper." Patchouli glances up at the thin cloud of paper dust slowly descending towards you three from up above.

"I guess..." Marisa mumbles quietly, stifling a yawn.

"I will have to have Koakuma clean this up once it sets down... Ah, but first." Her violet eyes turn to you again, slightly narrowed and with a an unusual glint to them.
"We should take a short break to allow you to recover, Jin." She claps her hands together, the chair under Marisa sliding back towards Patchouli's desk (with an amused Marisa still riding it), which promptly unfolds itself into a proper table, to which Patchouli kindly leads you. Politely taking a seat, you proceed to twiddle your thumbs awkwardly, still pondering over what you just did with those paper cranes. Well, as Patchouli said, they're just paper, nothing to get overly excited about...
"Tea?"

"Yep!" Marisa responds before Patchouli even manages to close her mouth; must not be the first time they've drunk tea together like this.

"Uh, sure. Thank you."

"Sakuya..."

"Yes, miss Knowledge? How may I be of service?" You nearly fall out of your seat; despite the familiar voice calling from beside you being pleasant and not one you immediately associate with danger, it's still rather startling to have a person appear next to you out of thin air like that. The silver-haired maid merely greets you with a friendly smile and nod of the head, before turning her attention back to the one that summoned her, simultaneously returning a brief wave of greeting from a smirking Marisa. You have to wonder how long it takes for someone to get used to Sakuya's ninja-appearances...

"If possible, we would like to have some tea." The moment Patchouli finishes speaking, you notice a steaming cup on a small saucer in front of you on the table, matching the ones before Patchouli and Marisa, a spoon beside it and a small bowl of sugar cubes with tongs between the three of you.

"Will that be all for now?"

"Hmm..." Absent-mindedly adding far more sugar to her tea than you've ever seen any sane person do, she takes a moment to consider this, stirring the tea and making you wonder if it wouldn't turn out to more closely resemble some form of syrup at this rate.
"Perhaps, for now. Try not to get yourself too busy though, just in case."

"I'm always busy, miss Patchouli," the maid responds with a mild grin, before taking a bow.
"Well then... Ladies, gentleman." Another smile just for you, before the vanishes again, as if she had never been there to begin with. You brain hurts a little, but you quickly remind it that you've adapted to weird crap in Gensokyo by now, and the headache yields to your reasoning and will.

"Man, I should borrow her and have her clean up in my house a bit, or something... She'd get it done in an instant." Marisa mumbles into her teacup with a soft chuckle, sampling some of her tea before breaking into a series of overexaggerated fits of pleasurable noises. You have a taste too; certainly great tea, indeed.

"You should clean up your own living area." Patchouli takes a long, slow sip of tea, eyes closed, a tranquil expression on her face. Eventually, she sets the cup down, opening her eyes and looking right at you.

"Hah, look who's talking; you never clean this library, do you? It's a miracle anyone's able to breathe in here, man! So anyway, Patchy, I was just-..."

"By the way, I am curious," she suddenly says in English again, "your earlier questions about Koakuma, and certain aspects of succubi. Are you quite certain that this was merely out of a... scholarly interest?" Feeling some blood rushing into your face, you promptly hide your face in your teacup again, blurting out an awkward response.

"O-of course, what else would it be? I was just curious, you know... Having never seen a real succubus before, and all that..."

"Ah. Well, I merely wanted to make sure. After all..." She raises her cup.
"...I would need to take the appropriate precautions, if you were intending on borrowing her." Upon saying this, she takes another relaxed and calm sip of tea.

Pffft.

The sound of you spitting some of your tea.
"W-what!?"

"What is wrong?" She looks genuinely surprised, lowering her cup to the table and tilting her head at you, eyes wide open.
"I just said I-..."

"Patchyyyyy! You're doing it again!" A pouting Marisa saves you from the awkward discussion by tugging on Patchouli's sleeve, leaning onto the table with a theatrically exaggerated frown on her face. Patchouli turns her gaze away from you for a moment, her face regaining its usual composed form rather swiftly.

"Ah... I apologize, I am being rude. Well... Tell me, then, what you came here to talk to me about."

The next ten minutes or so pass with rapid discussion about magical this-and-that, books you've never even heard about nor would likely be able to make heads or tails of, various ingredients with outlandish names which they agree to trade for their respective research, the obligatory gossip between women... You just sit back like a good boy and sip on your tea, providing the occasional comment or nod when prompted to do so by the overly sociable Marisa. It seems your little display earlier has sparked some sort of interest in her, towards you; hopefully not something you'll regret at a later date.

"Well," Patchouli finally says, the tea long since finished and the conversation topics expended, "shall we continue the training session, then? It is still early, after all."

"Er, so... How about that flight training, then?" Your little reminder seems to instantly kill whatever enthusiasm Patchouli had harbored for further educating you, painting a pronounced frown onto her face as she sits back down, having begun to lift herself from the seat just a moment ago.

"Flight, you say. Again, I must express that this is something that would be difficult for me to teach you. Perhaps Sakuya-..."

"Bah, leave it to me!" Springing to her feet and clapping her hands together energetically, Marisa positively beams with determination, shooting a toothy grin at you both, golden locks swishing through the air as she turns from your irritated mentor to you.
"Flying's easy! Come here, lemme show ya!" You promptly follow her to your training area, Patchouli staying behind in her chair, leaning one elbow on the table and observing you with a skeptical glare as you glance back at her over your shoulder. Suddenly, you are presented with Marisa's broom.

...

"Uh, what do I..?"

"Just mount it and think about flying! Man, that's all there is to it - get a magical ride and tell it where to take ya! No effort required!" Sounds awfully simple when she puts it that way, doesn't it. Well, uh... Here goes nothing, right? Placing the broomstick between your legs and feeling awfully silly while doing so, you try to visualize yourself soaring, making some graceful figure-eights through the air above the bookcases. You give the broom a mental giddy-up.

"Whoa! Stoooop!" Instead of a smooth takeoff, it zips off vaguely skyward at an erratic trajectory, flailing you from side to side like a mechanical bull ride. A few seconds of this, and you fall right off, fortunately not having managed to gain much altitude at all and therefore not injuring yourself to any serious degree, aside from a mild spike of pain in your tailbone. Marisa rushes over to you with a frightened expression, which turns out to be reserved for her completely undamaged broomstick, lying a few feet away from you.

"Hey, you gotta be more careful, man!" She pouts at you in a genuinely annoyed manner, cradling the broomstick as if it were her child.
"You can't treat magical tools like they were toys, ya know!"

"And you cannot treat inexperienced humans as if they were accomplished magicians, Marisa." Patchouli's droll monotone calls out from behind you two, the wizard gliding closer with a mild grimace on her face.
"You forget, the enchantment that grants your broom the ability of flight has been..." She glances at you briefly, pausing.
"...how should I say this... fine-tuned to your specifications. You cannot expect him to be able to control it well, much less even understand how to use it right away without any prior experience."

"Huh. Go figure... It's pretty much subconscious for me, ya know." Marisa merely shrugs.

"So you can't fly at all without the broom, then?"

"Nope! Don't need to - after all, that's why I have the broom, right?" Her logic is infallible. Patchouli looks how you feel, rubbing her temples in annoyance with a quiet sigh.

"I suppose I could provide for you some sort of tool to use for flight, but... it would be far more reliable for you to learn to accomplish this of your own power. In that department, it would probably be best for you to learn from another human; some of your classmates, for example, are humans that can fly, such as Reimu Hakurei or Sanae Kochiya. The former, I understand, is visiting us today. And then there is our own Sakuya, with whom I trust you are already acquainted..."

Marisa seems to already have lost interest in you two, entertaining herself by going through the books on one of the nearby shelves, earning an angry glare from Patchouli as she pulls some out, examines them, then puts them back in the wrong spot. Meanwhile, you're left to consider your options...



[] A tool for flight? Sounds easier than learning to do it yourself...
-{} Maybe something other than a freaking broom, though. That'd just look silly. (write-in)
[] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.
[] Go find Reimu. Hope she's not busy with Remilia right now.
[] (Do something completely different?)

>> No. 106425
[x] Inform Patchy that it's better to be safe than sorry in regards to THAT matter.
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

I'd think she'd be the best choice since unless I'm mistake, she learned how to fly rather recently as well.

>"Ah. Well, I merely wanted to make sure. After all..." She raises her cup.
"...I would need to take the appropriate precautions, if you were intending on borrowing her." Upon saying this, she takes another relaxed and calm sip of tea.

I think Patchy has an idea of what we're thinking. And I think we should have precautions in place in case something does happen.

Also I think Jin's getting a grip on his mind cursh ability (it's better to do more things at once than one at a time)
>> No. 106426
[x] Continue training with Patchy.

We can ask Sakuya later.
>> No. 106427
[X] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

I sure would.
>> No. 106431
[x] Inform Patchy that it's better to be safe than sorry in regards to THAT matter.
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

So.. Jin is capable of multi-targeting his mind crush ability, that could prove useful, especially if he can start doing it without having to take so much time focusing.
>> No. 106436
[]A tool for flight? Sounds easier than learning to do it yourself...
-[]Three words. Giant Duck-shaped Teacup.


[p]Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.
>> No. 106437
[x] Inform Patchy that it's better to be safe than sorry in regards to THAT matter.
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

>>106431
Jin will one day rule over Gensokyo as a God. Or spend his life with Patchy reading books or move out of the mansion with Flandre and build a house to live there.
>> No. 106440
>>106431

hopefully it's as easy to lock on to various objects as it is of the same type.

and that precaution remark is a good idea since it's not the first time something went in a different direction than planned (I.e. the night with Patchy herself)
>> No. 106441
[+] Continue training with Patchy.
Well, the flight can wait for a little while. I feel like Jin's making real progress here, and I have a hunch that progress in mastering his powers means that flight will come easier later.
>> No. 106445
Vote changing games.

[x] Continue training with Patchy.

Followed by

[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

Or something along those lines, if at all possible.
>> No. 106447
File 125999666430.jpg - (34.11KB , 675x506 , 945fdb330787aac5580b18dcf483212b.jpg ) [iqdb]
106447
[x] Inform Patchy that it's better to be safe than sorry in regards to THAT matter.
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

If we're getting a tool however, what's better than sky-surfing?
>> No. 106449
>>106445

doubt it, with our luck it'll end up using up the rest of the day.

And What if Patchy would rather talk with Marisa than continue the combat training? There's a reason why she stopped that segment (not to mention Jin's own stamina)
>> No. 106450
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

Flight Me Ameidous.
>> No. 106452
[X] Continue training with Patchy.
[X] Make a note to get introduced to that Sanae girl next time you're at school.

Admittedly, Sakuya is probably the best one to learn flight from. Reimu and Sanae, while human, probably owe some of their flight capabilities to their particular abilities as shrine maidens and/or living gods.

I'm just curious to see what Sanae is like, and why exactly she's in this class, too.
>> No. 106453
>>106450
Fuck you, THP. Why must you always eat my passwords?

Changing to:

[x] Continue training with Patchy.
Followed by
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.
>> No. 106454
>>106453

I don't think that's going to work ,since by the time the second training session is over, Jin'd be too worn out to try to fly, and he might pass out for the night, thus missing any possible number of events.
>> No. 106460
[x] A tool for flight? Sounds easier than learning to do it yourself...
-[x] Maybe a flying recliner. Haha, no, a broom will do just fine... unless you can actually use a recliner?
-[x] You still wish to learn how to fly on your own, though. Sometime in the near future when you're ready. Maybe Sakuya can help you.

Casually passing Marisa in the sky while we sip tea in a relaxed manner. We'll need a monocle.

>Sakuya's ninja-appearances
Sakuya in ninja-garb. Mmm, fishnets.
>> No. 106462
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.
>> No. 106466
if we're going the magic flying item route, a magic carpet seems to be the best choice. you can roll it up and take it with you after you land, and it can carry more stuff than, say, a broom.
>> No. 106468
File 126000452710.jpg - (785.93KB , 1200x900 , 7598213.jpg ) [iqdb]
106468
>Ignoring Marisa's stifled yawn from the side, you stare up at the one annoying bird, focusing on it, picturing it... picturing its core, in front of your face. You reach out your hand, grasping it in your palm, and... clench your fist together.
>The origami crane explodes into a fine dust. Not just shreds of paper like the ones you managed to hit with regular bursts of your, uh, mind-blasts, but dust. Utterly destroyed.

So, we focus on the core of something, clench our fist and utterly destroy it. Sounds like a power that a rational, well-adjusted person would have.
>> No. 106475
>>106468
>"Huh, that looks kinda familiar..."

Mari noticed too. Could be trouble.
>> No. 106479
[x] A tool for flight? Sounds easier than learning to do it yourself...

I want a 100% stainless steel SPEAR to ride on. Jin can learn to fly without help later on... then he can use the spear Gae Bolg style.
>> No. 106480
>>106479
I'd rather have winged boots, so we could fly around gensokyo Hermes style.

Namor is also acceptable.
>> No. 106483
[x] Inform Patchy that it's better to be safe than sorry in regards to THAT matter.
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.
>> No. 106484
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.
>> No. 106486
[x] Go find Sakuya. Those two seems like they want to keep talking anyway.

Nice update by the way. 's good he's finally understating his powers.
>> No. 106488
>>106475
I thought they meant komachi's swimsuit.

[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway
>> No. 106489
>>106437
>>106440
I was actually thinking that if he can easily and quickly use that multi-target ability, it'd be an awesome defense for danmaku. He can just crush all the bullets before they hit him.
>> No. 106490
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

Sure why not.
>> No. 106491
[X] Go find Reimu. Hope she's not busy with Remilia right now.
>> No. 106492
[x] Go find Sakuya. You'd like to see more of her, anyway.

Reimu is a poor choice because her flight stems directly from her power. It'd be like asking Kaguya how to manipulate eternity. Not to mention Reimu being naturally lazy, and "unaware" of our knowledge of gensokyo.
>> No. 106494
File 126003372498.jpg - (45.04KB , 500x706 , 21073091a7beab1500cb5066f0024cf2.jpg ) [iqdb]
106494
"Uh, yeah, I guess I'll just... go find Sakuya, then." These two seem to be busy with one another, anyway. Patchouli snaps her fingers in Marisa's general direction, which causes one book to promptly leap out of the shelf and open up like a gaping mouth (sharp teeth included), clamping onto her outstretched hand and provoking a yelp of pain from her. As Marisa struggles to pry the living book off her limb, Patchouli calmly turns her gaze back to you with a mild nod.

"That would be for the best, probably. Oh, and also..." She narrows her eyes lightly.
"Please do not attempt anything reckless with my familiar. Certainly, if you wish to borrow her, I would-..."

"Would you please stop using the word 'borrow'?" You can't believe what you're hearing here.

Yet again she merely blinks at you in puzzlement.
"Well. In any case, I would know. After all, due to the nature of our contract, I feel what she feels, and she feels what I feel." Huh. Wait. So that means, when you were, ah... doing -that- with Patchouli, Koakuma felt-... Oh. Oh my. Is that why she seems to have developed an unexpected liking towards you, perhaps? Because, if you understand this correctly, you were effectively... doing her by proxy, too.

Kind of hot when you think about it as something like a spiritual threesome, but otherwise just awkward. Maybe you ought to clear things up between you and her, later... You didn't exactly know, now did you?

"T-thanks for the information. I'll be going now!"

"Take care." A casual wave of the hand, and she turns around, robes swirling through the air, placing her hands on her hips and tilting her head to the side as she notices Marisa still trying to wrestle the fanged book off her wrist. You quickly make your way into the maze of bookcases between them and the library exit again, weaving between them while trying to navigate your way outside. Somehow, Patchouli so casually offering to pimp out Koakuma to you strikes you as more disturbing than hot; but then again, the wizard probably still sees her as something a little less than a person... You have to wonder, though. If you're her apprentice, how does she see -you-?

Ah, you'd rather not have such awkward thoughts plaguing your mind when you go to meet Sakuya, after all, so you promptly shake them out of your head, focusing more on the prospect of learning flight. You can't really imagine yourself riding a broom or anything, although you have to wonder just what Patchouli would have offered to give you. Surfing through the air on a huge book, like that blonde woman in that one anime? Admittedly, that -would- have been kind of cool, but you'd rather have to rely on your own powers, than some sort of tool that might crap out at the worst time (which would not surprise you, with your luck), or which you could simply fall off of.

Now, where -is- Sakuya? You decide to ask a few of the fairy maids, who direct you to... pretty much everywhere in the entire freaking mansion. You quickly realize that Sakuya is, indeed, even faster than you had originally been lead to believe. Within a span of five to ten minutes, she had been spotted all over the entire mansion territory, apparently even taking a moment to go outside and wake Meiling up (again). The fairies proving to be rather useless, you turn in desperation to the mansion itself - its great consciousness, surrounding you like some sort of invisible fabric upon your mind that you can simply reach out and touch.

It greets you warmly.

Where is Sakuya?

You close your eyes and relax, allowing the images to flood your mind; like flashbacks of a path you've taken already, yet you know you have not taken it, eventually leading to an empty room that isn't empty at the moment.

Thank you.

That was certainly a weird experience, but if it'll bring you closer to finding Sakuya, well... then all the better. Retracing steps you haven't actually taken, you traverse the confusing network of hallways and rooms connecting to rooms connecting to rooms, sensing that you're drawing closer to your destination as if you had some sort of map of the mansion in your mind. Eventually, you come to a door - this is where you sensed Sakuya would be, right? And yet, as you open the door and peek inside, you find nothing more than an empty room. It's a lovely room, though, with a fireplace and some couches pointed towards it, facing away from the door. It could possibly use a bit more tasteful decoration, though... Ah, but you're getting distracted by your own sense of style. Sakuya doesn't appear to be here, so you simply head back outside...

...Or at least that's what you were going to do, before hearing someone else's soft breathing coming from further inside, and noticing a familiar pair of shoes attached to a familiar pair of legs, dangling off the edge of one of the couches. Stealthily sneaking closer, an unusual and rare sight presents itself to you - Sakuya, lying down on the two-person couch, fast asleep and still in her maid uniform. Looks like even the perfect and elegant chief maid of the Scarlet Devil mansion gets tired once in a while and ends up taking a quick nap... You'd best not disturb her. She's a lovely sight to behold, though; even when unconscious, there is an air of refined elegance to her, somehow. Her arms are crossed over her chest, one leg crossed over the other, her face relaxed and her lips only slightly parted.

Her lips...

...Was that your own heartbeat you just felt?

...

You know, she did say she would have to give you a treat for bringing Flandre back safely the other day. Perhaps, just this once, it would be okay to... help yourself?



[] Kiss Sakuya
[] Don't kiss Sakuya
>> No. 106495
[X] Kiss Sakuya

SAKUYA ROUTELOCK
>> No. 106498
>>106495

More like horrific derail. And remarks like that provoke shitstorms.
>> No. 106499
>>106494
>Surfing through the air on a huge book, like that blonde woman in that one anime?
Hmm?

Read or Die TV? Or what?
>> No. 106500
>[] Kiss Sakuya
>[] Don't kiss Sakuya

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 106501
[X] Don't kiss Sakuya

inb4 Sakuya expected better of Jin thus fucking up the chance to learn from Sakuya; not to mention time with her.;_;
>> No. 106502
I don't mind kissing Sakuya, but I don't think that'd be very cool.

I do want to do something for her, though. This'd be the point in an anime where the guy lays his jacket over the girl to keep her warm, but I can't remember if Jin is wearing one, or not.
>> No. 106504
>>106499
Shakugan no Shana?
>>106502
Well, write-ins were supposed to be always welcome...
>> No. 106505
>>106502

Then why not this:

[a]Look around the room for a blanket or something of the like.
-[b]Place blanket on Sakuya.

If anyone likes this and sees a way to add-on to it, go ahead.
>> No. 106507
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.

Among the worse things to do to a woman is steal a kiss from her. But I can already see the shit storm starting to begin.

But finding a blanket would be the nice thing to do.

And I'd thought you'd apply that "Tell Patchy better safe than sorry in case of those preacautions vote" (since it's more of a subvote in nature)

>>106501
I'd think she'd sooner applaud his action. (This Sakuya seems like the type to tell him "not to go about stealing kisses lightly")
>> No. 106508
{X} Don't kiss Sakuya
-{X} Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
>> No. 106509
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
Well played, Taisa. Well played.
>> No. 106510
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.

You wonderful bastard.
>> No. 106511
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.

As much as I like Sakuya, this is just better.
>> No. 106512
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.

Yeah... kissing her will most likely piss her off.
>> No. 106518
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya.
>> No. 106520
I wonder if she's only pretending to be asleep, cause she's knows we were looking for her and she want's to see what we'd do.
>> No. 106526
File 126004110811.jpg - (32.81KB , 344x400 , ReadOrDie.jpg ) [iqdb]
106526
>>106504
Ah. Right. whateverhernamewas flew a talking book.

Yomiko is superior anyways.
>> No. 106531
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nea
>> No. 106533
[x] Kiss Sakuya
>> No. 106534
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
-[] ...or yourself.

Oh, it's not that I wouldn't want to, but knowing Sakuya something like that would result in her suddenly snapping awake and holding a knife to his throat by sheer reflex.

Besides, such things are better when earned and done when the recipient is wide awake and willing.
>> No. 106535
I think we should when we get the chance, try to tell Patchy for her to impliment those precautions with Koakuma she mentioned, just to be safe. In a discreet manner of course.
>> No. 106536
>>106535
Yeah, the morning after I kind of misunderstood what y'all meant with that one. Sorry about that.
>> No. 106542
>>106539

I believe in "Scarlet Horizon" this happened...
>> No. 106545
>>106543

http://www.touhou-project.com/sdm/res/21225.html
>> No. 106546
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
>> No. 106548
[X] Kiss Sakuya
>> No. 106551
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.

References? Let's see, 'The Ayumi choice' 'Scarlet Horizon' and that book with fangs could either be about Mimics in RO and/or about that doujin with the lust demon screwing the hell outta Marisa, Alice and Patchouli.

Meh, maybe I'm looking too much into this.
>> No. 106553
[X] Kiss Sakuya
>> No. 106554
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
>> No. 106557
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
>> No. 106560
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.

What a lovely choice to come home to.
>> No. 106561
File 126005777354.jpg - (56.93KB , 488x452 , dilbert-sarcasm-supportiveness-difference.jpg ) [iqdb]
106561
>>106560
>> No. 106564
File 12600614481.jpg - (69.72KB , 640x360 , 1228163709043.jpg ) [iqdb]
106564
>>106561
That doesn't even make sense.
>> No. 106566
File 126006179523.jpg - (686.09KB , 1001x1418 , c32145c204978b293e5a7328e5d336a4.jpg ) [iqdb]
106566
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
Not like this.

Still, goddamn you to hell.
>> No. 106569
>>106561
At least people are reasonable this time and we won't have to discuss kiss her don't kiss her to death like last time.
>> No. 106576
>>106569
Oh! I missed that reference too. Gods, they really were really scared... heh
>> No. 106592
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
>> No. 106598
[x] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[x] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
>> No. 106600
>>106576
Oh yeah, we know everything we'll be ok.

As long as our ring finger remains intact.
>> No. 106637
Well, the vote I want is already winning by a landslide, so...
[+] Gently pinch her nose to wake her up.
>> No. 106644
[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.

Beautiful Sakuya.
>> No. 106646
[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.

My god, why had no one thought of that before now?
>> No. 106650
>>106646
I agree. Why do the good votes never come sooner?

[x] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[x] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106652
Dammit. Revoking >>106509

[x] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[x] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106653
[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for not thinking of this sooner. Thank you, >>106644.
>> No. 106654
[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.

This is much better.
>> No. 106656
[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106657
[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106658
Even though it's pretty creepy,"I'm going to watch you while you sleep and draw pretty pictures of you.", I can't resist.

[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106659
[x] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[x] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106660
[X] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[X] Sit down, and... sketch.

Brilliant!
>> No. 106661
She's either going to think this is terribly creepy, or terribly cute.

Maybe both.

Aw fuck it.

[x] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[x] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106663
[x] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[x] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106665
[x] This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
[x] Sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106669
[X] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[X] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
-[X] Then, sit down, and... sketch.

These options are not mutually exclusive. Plus, I think it looked better this way. Sketching a person cuddling in a warm blanket looked less creepy than sketching a person sleeping unaware and unprotected. Perspective wise, anyway.
>> No. 106672
>>106536

Are you going to adjust for that or do a minor note implying a minor retcon?
>> No. 106673
{Don't kiss Sakuya
- {Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.}
- {Then, sit down, and... sketch.}}
>> No. 106676
>>106672
I'll come back to it later.

Anyway, writing slowly. Kind of difficult to muster up the energy when it's pitch black dark outside the window almost 24/7 in December.
>> No. 106678
[X] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[X] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
-[X] Then, sit down, and... sketch.
>> No. 106679
[X] Don't kiss Sakuya
-[X] Find something for her to use as covers, like a blanket if it's nearby.
-[X] Then, sit down, and... sketch.
Revotan.
>> No. 106681
add the sketch part to my covers vote. I didn't set password or I'd delete it.
>> No. 106682
>>106669
Covering her up is just a nice gesture.

The thing is, you detract from the beauty of the subject by doing so. You'd only manage to get her face. There's also a fire going, so it might make her uncomfortable. If you weren't careful, you'd wake her up and miss your chance.

I think it would be best to first sketch her, and if she's still asleep when we're done, then cover her up with a blanket; the votes all assuming there is even one nearby to begin with.

I don't think she'd find the act particularly creepy either way, anyway. We're an artist, after all. We may end up giving her the picture we drew.
>> No. 106683
>>106682
Doesn't have to be creepy. A simple "well you're always so busy, I don't think I'd get a chance to have you pose for me otherwise" would do the trick.
>> No. 106693
I don't think Sakuya would consider it creepy, anyway. This really isn't all that different from the time Jin nearly bumped into her in the wine cellar while he was searching for Flandre, and she was completely unaware of his presence.

He just seems to be developing a knack for bumping into her while her guard is down.
>> No. 106703
File 126013413356.png - (1.46MB , 1008x712 , b6c9ba5141de5b73f7b26f40759b8793.png ) [iqdb]
106703
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. And you're taking it. You'll just consider this your 'treat', then... You deserve it. After all, Sakuya just looks... so inviting, the way she is right now, her chest slowly rising and falling, eyes closed and a serene expression on her face.

That is to say, you get out your sketchbook and pencil, and pull up a small footstool, sitting down and taking in her form in preparation of sketching her. For a brief moment, you glance about in search of a blanket or something... Covering the woman up seems the right thing to do for a gentleman in this situation, no? Common sense quickly reminds you that not only has the weather been ungodly hot these days, but there's also a fire going in the fireplace for some obscure reason. Unless your goal is to make her sweat (hmm...), covering her up would just be silly right now, and you'd risk waking her and missing your chance. Besides, there's no such thing nearby that you can see anyway, plus this way you can sketch more than just her face.

It's only a shame you can't fully capture her beauty on paper. While a French maid uniform might just seem kinky to many in the modern world, she manages to radiate an aura of elegance and authority, even when asleep. You notice that her hair has regrown to the point where she's got braids on both sides again; you still don't exactly know what that scuffle between her and Reimu was all about, either... Her legs, long and smooth, yet with strong muscles concealed beneath her fair skin, only visible when she walks. The curve of her chest, just hidden behind her crossed arms... You suddenly realize you don't exactly have a good idea of what her bust size actually is. Hm. Ah well, you're not about to go fondle the chief maid to -check- now are you? Sketch sketch sketch...

Minutes pass, the tip of your pencil furiously dancing along the paper. At some point, the image of the resting maid seems to ingrain itself upon your mind, every last detail burned into your vision as you place the final touches on your little picture, the last frills of the uniform, the last bits of shading, touching up the face just a little...
There. It is done. A satisfied grin on your face, you hold it out in front of yourself to behold your work in its full glory. Marvelous. Naturally, it can't quite compare to the real thing, but-...

Hey where'd she go.

"Done already? My, you're pretty good, aren't you?" Thinking you've probably lost about ten years of your life from the scare, you turn your head to look at Sakuya standing right behind you, leaning down to look over your shoulder and examining the picture.

"...This isn't anywhere near as creepy as it looks, I assure you," you manage to blurt out, your body suddenly covered in cold sweat. Then, you notice she's smiling.

"Don't worry, kid. I saw the one you drew of the mistress... Ah, but this came out rather nicely too, didn't it? Even if I'm not much of a model." She chuckles to herself lightly, making you feel just a little bit more at ease before she straightens herself, placing one hand on her hip and tapping you on the shoulder scoldingly.
"What I -should- be upset about is you not waking me up when you found me. I've got work to do, you know - I don't have the time to be dozing off like this." And she's blaming YOU for this?

"S-sorry, but... Well, you're always so busy, I thought I wouldn't get another chance to have you pose for me."

"Hmm... Well, I guess you have a point there, don't you?" She scratches her head for a moment, pondering the situation over.
"Ah well. Tell you what - I'll forgive you, if you let me keep that picture. How about it?" Still unsure how her taking a nap is any fault of yours, you nod in agreement and carefully pull the sheet of paper out of your sketchbook, handing it over to her. She takes one more look at the picture with a smile on her face, before neatly folding it up and putting it in one of her uniform pockets.

"Though, if you're that tired from overworking, why don't you just ask Remilia for a break..?"

"Ah, I couldn't do that..." she mutters, awkwardly casting a glance to the side.

"Why not? You could ask for a week... or at least a day off. When's the last time you got a vacation from your job?"

"A vacation?" She rubs her chin in thought, staring into the ceiling and thinking with a pensive look on her face. This takes her far longer than it really should.
"Hm. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had one. Go figure, huh? Then again, I wouldn't know what to do on a vacation anyway; my work is pretty much all I know, after all." She chuckles again, whereas you can only frown.
"Ah well, that's not what you came here to talk about, is it? Were you looking for me? Did you need something?"

"Well, I-..."

"Did you break something again?" She tilts her head at you with a mild smirk.

"No, I-..."

"Is the mistress finally out to kill you? Honestly, I should just take you to her and-..."

"No! Well... Not yet, anyway."

"Hmm? Then, was there anything else?" Those blue eyes of hers blink at you in mild surprise, as if the concept of you not causing trouble during your stay here is strange and alien to her.
"If there's anything you need help with, I suppose I could get one of the fairy maids to fill in for me for a while..."



[] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
---{} A-and she really did make a good model... (Stutter optional.)
[] Could she help you learn how to fly?
[] Tell her you were just passing through. Wouldn't want to burden the woman any further...
[] (Write-in)
>> No. 106705
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
---{x} A-and she really did make a good model... (Stutter optional.)

[x]But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x]Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
>> No. 106707
File 126013507878.jpg - (73.28KB , 379x500 , a8e52174fa2495852048e64188e03abb.jpg ) [iqdb]
106707
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
[x] But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x] Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?

DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD
>> No. 106708
>>106704
>I should brace myself for the major shitstorm about to break out.
You said this last time.
>> No. 106710
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
[x] But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x] Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
>> No. 106711
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
-[x] If she isn't too busy, otherwise you'd wait until another time.
>> No. 106712
{Insist that she should take a day off.
- {Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
-- {And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
--- {A-and she really did make a good model... (Stutter optional.)}}}}

{But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.}
{Tell her why you were looking for her.
- {Could she help you learn how to fly?}}
>> No. 106714
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
[x] But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x] Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?

Short update, will there be another one later on?
>> No. 106716
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
[x] But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x] Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
>> No. 106718
>>106714
If only it weren't Monday tomorrow today for 12 minutes already.

Good night, folks. I'll try to have something meatier for you tomorrow.
>> No. 106720
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
-[x] If she isn't too busy, otherwise you'd wait until another time.
>> No. 106721
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
[x] But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x] Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
>> No. 106724
[X] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{X} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{X} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
[X] But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[X] Tell her why you were looking for her.
[X] Could she help you learn how to fly?

Delicious Sakuya is so very delicious.

Not to mention overworked.
>> No. 106727
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
---{x} A-and she really did make a good model... (Stutter optional.)

[x]But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x]Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
>> No. 106728
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
-[x] If she isn't too busy, otherwise you'd wait until another time.
>> No. 106729
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
-[x] If she isn't too busy, otherwise you'd wait until another time.

Works for me~!
>> No. 106730
[x] >>106721
>> No. 106733
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
-[x] If she isn't too busy, otherwise you'd wait until another time.
>> No. 106752
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
---{x} And she really did make a good model...

[x]But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x]Tell her why you were looking for her.
-[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
--[x] If she isn't that busy, that is.

I'm seeing this as repaying someone that helped you out greatly.

And I don't think Jin would stutter. He's not a virgin anymore after all.

I haven't forgotten my main target, that and a nigh-date to gain experience isn't the worse idea.

But our main goals would be
-Apologize to Flan somehow
-Make the big reveal to Remi (and Flan perhaps)
-Replan that outing Jin had planned with Flan.

Secondary goals:
-After Patchy puts forth those safety measure, sow some wild oats with Koakuma.
-some training/flying
-Getting some food to Meiling.
>> No. 106769
Does Patchy's outfit in the OP picture look sort of like Letty's outfit to anyone else, too?
>> No. 106771
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-[x] Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--[x] And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
---[x] And she really did make a good model...
[x] But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x] Tell her why you were looking for her.
-[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
--[x] If she isn't that busy, that is.
>> No. 106778
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
-[x] If she isn't too busy, otherwise you'd wait until another time.
>> No. 106785
[x] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{x} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{x} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
---{x} A-and she really did make a good model... (Stutter optional.)

[x]But all of this for a later time, need to plan on where to take her.
[x]Tell her why you were looking for her.
[x] Could she help you learn how to fly?
>> No. 106808
>>106769

Now that you mentioned it, yeah, it kinda remember Letty.

But her hair makes me see her as Sakuya every damn time.
>> No. 106845
I'm totally not replaying Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow instead of writing this update which somehow refuses to let itself be written anyway.
>> No. 106851
>>106845

You would deny us delicious Sakuya?

You monster.
>> No. 106859
>>106845

I don't know, should I feel mad at you having a reason for not updating?
>> No. 106861
>>106845

You're making me want to put together one huge ass collection of all the Castlevania soundtracks on mediafire to share here...

Also it's good to write when you feel inspired and not forced.

considering I've played almost every castlevania, including the retconned C:LoD and C:Legends, I'm actually feeling generous...
>> No. 106869
>>106845
>I'm totally not replaying Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow instead of writing this update
Oh cool, enjoy....Wait up.
>replaying
>re
Bad bad Taisa.
>> No. 106903
>>106861
Do it, this needs to be shared.
>> No. 106904
I'll share it on Taisa's Touhouvania cyoa, assuming he'd allow it, saging my posts of course. Otherwise sage for non-related content of GH.
>> No. 106922
>>106904
Go ahead~
>> No. 106926
Ay. Taisa. Don't do that.
>> No. 106932
>>106904

Actually, do it on /taisa/ /words/. Maybe then it will have more activity and a new (constructive) discussion can happen.
>> No. 106935
>>106932
I'll do it on which ever is more popular, though words may be best as it keeps things focused,
>> No. 106941
File 126028947824.jpg - (266.84KB , 719x1000 , 1fbaedd74bb1085f7b2cf7046616ef82.jpg ) [iqdb]
106941
[X] Could she help you learn how to fly?
[X] Insist that she should take a day off.
-{X} Hell, you could talk to Remilia about it yourself, if need be...
--{X} And maybe you could even take her out for a good time, or something...
>> No. 107063
Nearly 3 days without an update. Is this a record for Taisa?
>> No. 107114
>>107063
You could say he's joined the ranks of the other writefags in terms of their regular posting schedules like Patchworks and Glastnost...

Oh joy...

On a brighter note I'm the anon that said I'll be posting the Castlevania music though on /words/ to start up discussions; if only brief.
Keep an eye on it!
>> No. 107119
>>107114

It's only been three days, though. He'd have to delay in terms of weeks to a month to be in their league.
>> No. 107120
I'm writing, I'm writing!
>> No. 107121
>>107120
We never said you weren't writing, just that you've been slow on posting as of late that's all.

As a thanks to you're willingness to write this in conjunction with your Touhouvania, I'm posting the first of many uploads from the Castlevania series if it interests you as well as any one else on /words/.
>> No. 107144
>>107063
Yes, all the others started like that. He even said that if he doesn't write every day he will slow down and get lazy.
And here we are.
>> No. 107156
Castlevania: Judgement OST is now available over at /words/. Discussions are welcomed, also taking requests of any album wanted.

saging my post for being irrelevant to GH.
>> No. 107293
File 126049982636.jpg - (175.72KB , 800x792 , 835b71d5d1f7b24a9ec0f50a92c54209.jpg ) [iqdb]
107293
Well, here you go. I can't believe I actually fell asleep at my keyboard tonight while typing this and just woke up; hence the additional delay. It's not even that long or anything... For some unknown reason, this has been the hardest update to write since I started GH, almost as if it was actively fighting against me writing it.

-------

While keeping in mind what you actually came here for, you can't help but press the previous topic of conversation a little further.
"Well... Maybe this -is- what I want to talk to you about after all."

"Hmmm?" She seems mildly confused, looking down at you as if you were speaking incomprehensible nonsense.
"Come again? I don't follow."

"You're overworked. If you're randomly taking naps without even noticing it, then you need a break, you need to get some rest."

"Oh?" She sounds amused, if nothing else, a subtle smirk spreading across her face as she crosses her arms.
"Let's see now. I've been doing this job for years, you've been to Gensokyo for two weeks. And now you're going to tell me how I should or shouldn't do my job, kid?"

Your confidence takes a severe blow, yet you gather up your determination and counter her point anyway.
"Hey, I'm right, you know! If you keep this up, well... It'll start wearing on your health. And then it'll start interfering with your work anyway!"

"I suppose you have a point. Sort of." She doesn't sound entirely convinced, but at least she's willing to listen to you.
"I don't think I'll be collapsing from exhaustion any time soon, considering I've been going at the same tempo ever since I started working here, but... I guess it's sweet of you to care, kid."
Frustratingly enough, her chuckle signifies that she's still missing the point.

"Look." You're a little nervous, talking in such a pretentious know-it-all tone to one of your closest allies like this, but... Hell, this needs to be said. A wise person once said: 'Never forget that if you love someone and not just in the sense of an attraction or passing fancy, but if you truly love them, then you'll do what's best for them over your own individual wishes. Or even their individual wishes. Even if they'll hate you for all eternity it. If you genuinely love someone, then that's what it means.' ...Not that this is -that- dramatic or serious, but this line of thinking is what drives you and motivates you; you silly white knight, you. Just can't sit on your hands and not do anything, now can you? Of course you can't, damn it!
"...If you won't ask for a break, then I'll just talk to Remilia about it, myself. I'll get her to give you at least a day off, or... or..." Or what? You don't know, really; but your steadfast determination reassures you that there's no reason to worry your head over it - after all, you won't be taking no for an answer. Surely, Remilia would be understanding an appreciative of her most trusted servant's needs?

Speaking of the trusted servant - she gives you a frown of mild disapproval in response to your declaration, placing one hand on her hip and sighing.
"You certainly seem to be taking this far more seriously than I am. Why are you so eager to see me take a break, hmm?" Uh-oh. A suspicious glint in her eyes. Is the concept truly so strange to her?

"Well, I just... I just wanted to, ah..."

"Hmmm?" The tone in her voice changes back to 'amused' - this is a good thing, but you quickly realize you started that sentence off a little differently than you had planned.
"Wanted to... what, kid?"

"Well. I was thinking I could, you know... maybe take you out somewhere nice, to have a good time, that sort of thing..." You muster up the willpower to keep from stuttering or sounding overly nervous. Hell, you're not nervous at all. Why should you? It's not like you're asking her out on-...

"A date?" Seeing the look on your face provokes a snicker out of the maid, followed up by shake of the head.
"Aren't you the cute one. I didn't think you had it in you."

"Hey..." Your manly confidence having taken a bit of a blow, you can't help but avert your eyes for a moment, a bit of a wounded ego preventing you from maintaining eye contact with Sakuya. However, you promptly feel her hand gently pat you on the head; while this certainly doesn't help the 'aww, aren't you cute' factor of her attitude towards you just now, it's still a little bit comforting, somehow...

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry for teasing you. Don't take it so hard now, kid... Tell you what - if you really think I should get some time away from the job, and you even get the mistress to agree with you, well..." You look up at her, receiving a warm smile in response.
"To me, the mistress's word is law. If she tells me to take a break, I'll take a break. And then you can take me wherever you like, okay?" She continues, quietly muttering under her breath.
"...Because I wouldn't have any idea on what to do or where to go by myself. Heh."

Immensely pleased and mood significantly higher since you've managed to persuade her, you find yourself grinning as you nod.
"Sounds good."

"I actually hope you fail, kid," she resumes speaking, a nervous chuckle in her voice as she lightly ruffles your head before removing her hand from your head.
"I dare not think what would happen if I left the place up to the maids and Meiling for even a day. I can already visualize myself, standing on the shore of the lake, watching from a distance as the mansion slowly collapses and crumbles... Ah, nostalgic."

"Nostalgic?"

"Never mind. So," she starts suddenly, both of you having regained your composure, her foot lightly tapping against the floor as she pulls an ornate pocketwatch out of her uniform pocket, apparently to check the time.
"Tell me again - honestly now - this wasn't what you came here to talk about, was it?"

"What makes you say that..?"

"Well. As altruistic as you come off as, I can sense you had something of a personal motive for seeking me out as well. This is not a bad thing, mind you; being entirely selfless will shorten your lifespan, kid."

"...Seriously?"

A sly smirk; you notice a duster appearing in her hand out of nowhere, which she proceeds to twirl absent-mindedly between her fingers as she resumes speaking.
"Nah, I'm just messing with you. I stuck around for a bit after serving the tea in the library, taking the opportunity to clean the place up just a little. I overheard you talking about wanting to learn how to fly." Huh, that wasn't very long ago... She got all the way back to this room and fell asleep so quickly? Then again, you've seen just how fast she can be, so this really shouldn't surprise you much.

"So, ah... Can you help me? Assuming you're not too busy, that is."

"I'm always busy, kid," she responds with a grin.

"I could just go find someone else-..."

"Now now, are you saying I'm not good enough for you? Say, tell you what - you help me out a bit with the chores, and I'll at least help start you off. Deal?"

"Deal!" This is awesome. Perhaps you'll even gain a more thorough understanding of Sakuya's abilities in the process... Not to mention the benefits of acquiring a convenient travel power.

"Normally I wouldn't ask a guest something like this, buuut..." A flicker in your sight, and you find yourself in the kitchen with a smirking Sakuya.
"...let's just consider this a teacher-student relationship for the moment, alright? Now, I'd make up some nonsense about this teaching you about dedication or something, but... The truth of the matter is much simpler than that. You give me a hand, I'll have more time to help you."

"Got it." While being randomly transported like this without even noticing it is as disorienting as ever, you force yourself to shrug it off, glancing about the kitchen and noticing a rather sizeable stack of dirty dishes in the sink.
"Where do I start? Uh, washing the dishes or something?"

"That'd work. You start on that, and I'll go finish cleaning the floors of the mansion real quick."

"The whole man-..?" Before you can ask, she's gone. She does that a lot, doesn't she? Well, if you're going to have to -earn- your training... Just as you make your way to the sink and get started, you hear her voice call out from behind you again, nearly making you drop the plate you're holding.

"Back, sorry it took me so long. Here, let me give you a hand. It's a big sink, and two pairs of arms are faster than one."

"S-sure..." Still smiling, she walks up beside you, and the two of you proceed to wash a ludicrously huge amount of dishes; while there are few prominent residents of the mansion, there's still the maid brigade, composed of who knows how many mouths to feed...
"You know..."

"Hmm?"

"You really did make a good model, back there. Even when you were asleep." She just chuckles in response, shaking her head to herself. Still, she seems at least a little pleased with the compliment...
"By the way... Did you seriously clean all the floors in the mansion in under a minute?"

"Oh, no. I had already finished one wing by the time you found me."

"Er..."

"Oh, right, you don't know. It's quite simple, really." She sends a sly smirk your way.
"I can stop time."Oh.
Well.
That explains a few things.

"Wait, so... If you can stop time, why do you wash dishes normally?"

"Don't be silly. There's situations where stopping time has its advantages, and situations where it's more of a bother. For example!" Extending one finger into the air as you keep washing, listening intently with great curiosity, she resumes speaking.
"In the case of dusting or sweeping, it's handy. The dust doesn't fly into the air. But for washing dishes? Well, how do you expect to have running water when time is stopped?"

"...Good point. I didn't think about it that way."

"There you go then. To learn new things, to discover new sides and abilities to yourself, you've got to learn to think. And by that, I mean a slightly different manner of 'thinking' than what you're used to." The dishes now being washed, and several other chores probably being finished mid-conversation as your sight flickers and chops like a video game with framerate issues, she continues.
"Thinking about it normally, you'd quickly come to the conclusion that unassisted human flight is impossible, right?"

"Well... Yeah. We don't have wings or hollow bones or anything." Suddenly, you're in Sakuya's room with her. She glances up at the ceiling, which proceeds to... uh... stretch away from you two. This has got to be the trippiest thing you've ever seen.

"Wha-..."

"Oh, I can manipulate space too," she says as if it were perfectly normal and to be expected.
"It'd be awkward to fly without the necessary space for it, no?"

"Well, that's true." Wouldn't want to hit your head on the ceiling, now would you?

"I'm glad you understand. So, you said humans don't have wings or hollow bones, that we're physically unfit for unassisted flight. But then..." Casually, she walks behind you, all of a sudden putting her arms around you under your own and holding on to you tightly; you do your best not to focus on her chest pressing against your back like this.
"...How am I doing this?"

And with that, you take off.

It's funny. The floor is getting further and further away from you, yet you don't feel scared at all. Maybe you've been shocked so much so frequently during your two weeks here that you've become desensitized, maybe it's from just having had Rumia give you a lift not long ago, or maybe it's because Sakuya's grip feels strong and sturdy enough that you're just confident she wouldn't drop you. Up and up you go, higher and higher; the walls recede away from you, and she picks up the pace, beginning to fly about in a slow pattern. She makes it seem so easy, too...

"You've just got to learn to let go, kid."

"Is it really that easy..?"

"Hah, no, of course not. You can't just suddenly learn to use your own power to fly over one short weekend, after all. But then again..." She pauses for a moment, a quiet 'hmm' passing awfully close past your ear; she really is very close right now, isn't she... This feels kind of nice. The two of you just soaring about like this, through a room of gigantic proportions; but to you,
"...Maybe we can just shock you into it? People discover the most amazing talents in themselves in dire situations."

"What are you-..."

And you're falling.

She let go. She let go? Oh shit oh shit oh shit floor is rapidly getting closer you're too panicked even to scream fuck fuck fu-...

*grab*

About halfway through the fall, her arms close around you again, your descent slowly, gradually slowing down; you always did think that the instant stop you've seen in old movies when Superman catches a woman would be extremely unhealthy for the person being caught, after all. You take a minute or so to get your heartbeat back to normal and catch your breath from the scare, even after the two of you land.

"Nope, didn't think so. Sorry about that, but I just had to try, you know..." She gives you a bit of an apologetic look which doesn't make you feel any better.

"D-don't do that without warning me, next time."

"Oh, but it wouldn't have been much of a shock if you were given time to prepare, now would it?" Even in a situation like this she can smirk at you. Ah well... No real harm done, you suppose.
"Anyway, kid, if I'm going to properly teach you how to fly, we'll have to set aside some time to do so... Maybe... Oh, hm. I think I just got another idea."

"If it's as bad as the last one, I'll pass..."

"Mmm, no, I promise this one won't involve any threats to your health or wellbeing. Probably." Probably? Meanwhile, she reduces the room back to its original dimensions. You're not entirely sure how this works, really.
"It's going to take a lot of effort, though. But if you can pull it off, we'll be able to get you flying in no time at all - literally. Now, don't just as 'When do we start?' right away," she quickly says just as you're eagerly about to do so, "because I'd like for you to take a while to think about whether or not you're up to the task. I'd like to help you, honest, but if we try to do it the faster way... it won't be easy for you. So, I'd prefer it if you took a while to think about it before blindly rushing into things, okay?"

"Alright. If you say so." You have no reason not to trust Sakuya, after all.
"But, uh... Assuming I decide not to take your offer, would you still teach me the long way?"

"I suppose I could, but with my busy schedule..." You get the message and nod like a good boy.
"Alrighty, run along now... I'm going to have to organize a few things, get some more stuff done; seems we're getting quite a few guests today. We're expecting one of miss Knowledge's colleagues any moment now. Also, I need to make preparations for a larger lunch than normal, make sure we have all the necessary supplies..."

She goes off on a bit of a tangent, apparently forgetting you're even there as she browses about the kitchen, presumably about to vanish again any moment now. That's a handy power she has, isn't it... Anyway, your heart rate's back to normal now.



[] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{} "Let me give you a hand with all that."
-{} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking.
[] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
-{} Find Remilia. Need to butter her up some more for Sunday.
-{} You haven't exactly interacted much with Reimu, have you? It's about time to get to know your other classmates better.
-{} Your conscience is eating at you... Maybe even Patchouli can be wrong at times? Go see if you can find Flandre...
--{} (write-in)

--------

IT LIVES! Sorta. Argh, finally, got this stupid thing written and done with. I don't even want to look at it anymore. Argh. I bet it's awful and dry too, with how badly it fought against me when I was trying to write it.

I have no excuses, really. Maybe I'm overstressed or something. I honestly can't tell. I'd take a bit of a break or something, but I can already forsee an extended break mutating into HIATUS END LOL. Do not want.

Here's hoping for a good night's sleep and plenty of energy and creativity tomorrow. Something's just been wrong with me these last two days. The two before were admittedly spent playing video games.)

So... yeah. Blargh. Vote. Grumble for a rewrite because shitsux. I dunno. I'm gonna go get drunk and pass out, cheerio.
>> No. 107294
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."

Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
>> No. 107295
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."

Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.

Alice, maybe?
>> No. 107296
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."

Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.

.....

The power of your Sakuya is keeping me from my own writing, you incredible bastard.
>> No. 107297
[X] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{X} "Let me give you a hand with all that."
Afterwards:
-{X} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.

>Grumble for a rewrite because shitsux
>Now, don't just as 'When do we start?' right away,
>don't just as
>as
THIS UPDATE WAS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD

(Seriously though, as long as you're alive and updating, you have my support)
>> No. 107299
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."
-{x} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking.
>> No. 107302
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-[y] "Let me give you a hand with all that."

Then:
-[z] Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
>> No. 107303
[X] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{X} "Let me give you a hand with all that."
-{X} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking.

Poor Meiling.

... Come to think of it, we ought to take her up on those Tai Chi lessons. Martial arts are good discipline for the mind as well as the body; the lessons could only help Jin.
>> No. 107305
>"I can already visualize myself, standing on the shore of the lake, watching from a distance as the mansion slowly collapses and crumbles... Ah, nostalgic."

I loled

[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."
I wonder if Flan's watching Jin within the shadows of the mansion...
Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
-{x} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking. she's always looking!

Generous Anon here, just uploaded Castlevania Symphony of the Night OST with some extra tracks that didn't come with it originally on /words/!
>> No. 107307
[X] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{X} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
>> No. 107308
[x] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.

Hey Taisa, don't forget about working in talking to Patchy about the Koakuma precautions.
>> No. 107310
[X] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes
-{X} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking. ."

Tai-chi lessonssss
>> No. 107314
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."
Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
-{x} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking.

>"...let's just consider this a teacher-student relationship for the moment, alright?
Well, considering Jin's track record with such things, I'm looking very forward to this.
>> No. 107315
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."

Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.

>I honestly can't tell. I'd take a bit of a break or something, but I can already forsee an extended break mutating into HIATUS END LOL.

Yeah, we know that from HY already. I don't even know if he is alive anymore or what he is up to. Anyway. You are in a slump right now and i can understand it if you don't have the energy or will to write at the moment. Just one thing: If you can't update due to whatever reasons, write it on /words/ that you won't make it. Notify us instead of doing nothing, even if it is bad news.
And if you need a break for a week or two it's not the fucking end of the world. Hopefully you will be able to return... which i am not so sure of.
>> No. 107330
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."
I wonder if Flan's watching Jin within the shadows of the mansion...
Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
-{x} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking. she's always looking!
>> No. 107333
>>107324

I doubt you can really mix votes like that, since chances are after lunch either there'll be new choices or that said friend will be too busy to talk.
>> No. 107341
[] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{} Your conscience is eating at you... Maybe even Patchouli can be wrong at times? Go see if you can find Flandre...

You know, you heartless monsters, Patchouli isn't always right. No one is always right. I bet Flandre is waiting for Jin to knock on her room's door.

And if she does go after him, what do you plan to tell her? "I'm sorry I didn't go after you Flan, I was too busy conforting someone who tried to kill me twice, and Patchouli said I shouldn't visit you you, so I didn't."?
>> No. 107342
File 126053089570.jpg - (485.81KB , 2152x1500 , 125339457694.jpg ) [iqdb]
107342
[x] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{x} Your conscience is eating at you... Maybe even Patchouli can be wrong at times? Go see if you can find Flandre...

>>107341
Yeah, I think you're right. And what could possibly go wrong ... Err ...
>> No. 107344
>>107341
I'd agree if this Flan is exactly the same Flan in a couple of other cyoas such as SDM:LA or probably, had we figured things out, ASSM...

However, this Flandre is different enough that in this cyoa, Patchouli may be right in that she's been around Flandre long enough to know how she may behave; at least when she's reasonably stable.

Another note, forcing a confrontation is quite risky but at the same time, they are not exactly allowed the privacy to settle and clear up the misunderstanding between Jin and Rumia.

She may very well be hiding herself from Jin until she feels like talking to him.
>> No. 107352
[x] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
>> No. 107357
[x] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{x} "Let me give you a hand with all that."

Afterwards
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.
>> No. 107358
File 126054626437.jpg - (243.56KB , 800x800 , 2212090f85a73999135a24de509a59b7.jpg ) [iqdb]
107358
>>107341
>>You know, you heartless monsters, Patchouli isn't always right. No one is always right. I bet Flandre is waiting for Jin to knock on her room's door.

I had considered the possibility that Patchouli might be wrong in this case, but even allowing some doubt due to whatever bias she might have, I still think that's highly unlikely.

For starters, she's known Flandre for much longer than we have. More than that, she's likely known her longer than Jin, his parents, or even his grandparents have even been alive. Consider how many sides of Flandre she must have seen in that time, compared to what precious little we've seen. As much of a departure the Flandre we saw menacing Rumia may have been compared to her normal persona, that's nothing compared to what Patchouli has seen of her first-hand, such as the time she alluded to regarding Flandre violently rebelling against her sister, resulting in multiple casualties before she was finally subdued.

Consider that, of the time she has known Flandre, how much of it has been spent monitoring her mental and emotional condition, and how much of an understanding one might need of how the girl thinks and reacts in order to properly and accurately gauge how likely she might be to have another meltdown.

Put that all together, and I think it's safe to say that compared to Jin's (and by extension, our) understanding of Flandre, it's nothing compared to Patchouli's level. She's known her much longer, is far more aware of exactly what she is capable of, and almost certainly has a far better understanding of how she would respond to various situations. In short, she's an expert on Flandre compared to us.

Plus, don't forget that our lack of understanding Flandre is pretty much why we're in this situation in the first place. So, really, you can hardly blame someone for thinking that perhaps Patchouli is the better one to listen to in this situation.

Besides, going down and knocking on her door is more than a bit problematic, for various reasons. Most obviously, there's the physical element. Her room is heavily-reinforced and likely designed to contain what amounts to the destructive power of a full-blown nuclear holocaust. The sound of knocking probably doesn't travel very well through a door when it's made of several thick layers of reinforced metal.

The other problem involves the location. Flandre's room is in the basement, the one place in the mansion we were explicitly forbidden by Remilia to enter. Don't forget what Patchouli told us regarding Flandre coming to find us:
>>"Do not underestimate a vampire's abilities to track down one human, especially one they are familiar with."

That doesn't just apply to Flandre.
Now, imagine what would happen if Remilia, having finished consoling Reimu about her life of poverty, she decided to track down her other guest, so that they might continue their discussion of soup, and all the ways one might eat it without the aid of a spoon.
What do you suppose would happen if, in her search for her male guest, she happens to find him in the one place she told him to never go?

Remember, we're supposed to be trying to keep her in a good mood until tomorrow night, when we cause that to all come crashing down when we reveal that we have been essentially playing her like a fiddle this whole time, and hope that her happy feelings will make her less inclined to follow her impulse to respond by ripping our head off and yanking our intestines out through our bloody neck-stump.

If we had some sort of early warning system for knowing if and when Remi was on the hunt for us, it might not be so risky, but we've already seen quite well how good she is at ambushing us on her own turf.

Of course, that's not to say that it would necessarily be completely futile to go see Flandre and try to patch things up. It's just that, depending on her state, it would probably require a far greater level of skill and understanding than we're probably capable of. We've already shown plenty of instances where our judgment has been rather lacking, to put it mildly, we're going to need a hell of a lot more than just good intentions to get out of this current mess. Especially since it was our good intentions that got us into it in the first place.
>> No. 107359
>>107358
Well played.
>> No. 107363
>>107358

Well Said. Hastiness at this point won't avail us at this point.

If we were going to be quick about something, it would have been when Flan left the house. Being quick/hasty then would have availed to us, but instead the majority voted to stick with Rumia assuming that she'd be worse affected (She wasn't, but it was a nice moment still)

There's only one person better than say Patchouli at understanding Flan: Remilia herself.

I can easily imagine Patchouli being the cool head in such cases, the Spock to Remilia's Kirk.

We don't know Meiling's route in Flandre incidents.

Though did we ever mention the Flandre matter of Sakuya? Or was that avoided due to fear of a SDM LA Sakuya-reaction?
>> No. 107364
>>107363
>There's only one person better than say Patchouli at understanding Flan: Remilia herself.
What makes you so sure about that?

>I can easily imagine Patchouli being the cool head in such cases, the Spock to Remilia's Kirk.
You are now... picturing Remilia... speaking like... William Shatner...
>> No. 107375
>>107364
>You are now... picturing Remilia... speaking like... William Shatner...
I can't do that without imagining her panting passionately for some unknown reason:>
>> No. 107384
>>107364
>>107375
Damn.
>> No. 107385
>>107364

I am now picturing Remilia engaged in shirtless fisticuffs.
>> No. 107388
>>107358
>when we cause that to all come crashing down when we reveal that we have been essentially playing her like a fiddle this whole time

I don't see this at all, you make it sound like you've secretly conspired and had Remillia do something terrible. Hiding something you know it's exactly manipulation, nor a bad thing.
>> No. 107393
>>107385

>Remilia
>shirtless

FUND IT

>>107388
Jin didn't exactly jerk around Remilia, but it'd still be a good idea to get on her good side as much as possible.
>> No. 107394
[X] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{X} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.

hmm...
>> No. 107405
File 12605777569.jpg - (438.91KB , 712x1281 , ae5a8fa4c332f8342683d5cb43f8b9d1f7869abb.jpg ) [iqdb]
107405
[x] Do as you're told, go somewhere else and find something to do until lunch time.
-{x} Patchouli's colleague? You'd certainly like to meet such a person.

>>107393
Pic related.
>> No. 107417
File 126058523113.png - (107.92KB , 400x400 , 1191253547468.png ) [iqdb]
107417
>>107388
>>I don't see this at all, you make it sound like you've secretly conspired and had Remillia do something terrible. Hiding something you know it's exactly manipulation, nor a bad thing.

You do remember how prone to over-reaction Remi has shown herself to be, right? And how, despite her clear over-reaction, she was still restraining herself on account of Jin's supposed ignorance of the truth?

You really have to wonder, if what we've seen up to now is her idea of restraint, how much worse would it be when she has no reason to restrain herself?

Of course, the key to this all is in the execution, which we have already been given advice about. Now, presumably, it will just be a matter of not screwing things up (assuming nothing unfortunate happens in the meantime that forces our hand earlier than we hoped...) and hopefully things will work out.

Of course, what would be really interesting is if it turns out that Remilia already knows, and has for quite some time now.
>> No. 107426
File 126058746162.jpg - (352.53KB , 750x1000 , c522357c4f8aef59c1ba01e0e4cb1fa2.jpg ) [iqdb]
107426
[X] "Wait, didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like? You only had me help you wash some dishes."
-{X} Sneak some food out to Meiling later, when Sakuya isn't looking.
>> No. 107429
Just to let y'all know this time, something came up. There's a roughly 66% chance I won't be updating the next 3 days or so. I'll try, but no promises. After that, maybe I can finally get my groove back... It's about time, wouldn't you say?
>> No. 107430
>>107417

Remilia I can see doing just that just to see Jin squirm.
>> No. 107474
have a nice vacation~!
>> No. 107643
File 126080603235.jpg - (476.80KB , 1000x791 , bd346fbe86ab3cb1c60afb8765f68ab2.jpg ) [iqdb]
107643
Writing begins. Fingers crossed.

Shameless bump to let people know I'm hopefully back in the game.
>> No. 107646
>>107643
Hooray!

By the way, /Taisa/ has gone out of control kind of while you weren't writing.
>> No. 107647
>>107643

So long as you provide more Sakuya goodness, I'll gladly wait as long as it takes.

(No, I'm not advocating a Sakuya route, I just love the way he writes Sakuya.)
>> No. 107648
>>107647
>(No, I'm not advocating a Sakuya route, I just love the way he writes Sakuya.)
You should not have to mention this. Has the enmity really gotten bad enough for people to have to add disclaimers when they dare mention liking a character?

Surprising mental clarity today, despite finally breaking out into a brutal flu which had been slowly creeping up on me and inhibiting me the last week or so. I'll probably finish this by tonight, knock on wood.

inb4 swine flu
>> No. 107649
>>107648
>You should not have to mention this. Has the enmity really gotten bad enough for people to have to add disclaimers when they dare mention liking a character?

Honestly, I think it's only one or two people per side who are having it out, and I daresay one side is more ardent than the others. I think it might do some good for you to step in and get people to cool their heads a bit.

I would like to be able to advocate a Patchouli route without inciting a riot, after all. Not that current circumstances will prevent from advocating a Patchouli route all the same, of course.
>> No. 107650
>>107649

Pretty much this. Anon always contradicts one another on even the most mundane of issues and opinions, but I'm getting the feeling that two or three people are the sole sources of major butthurt and that the rest of us are trolling them into a frothing rage.

...At least, that's what I was doing until recently. Stopped both because thread size was getting ridiculous, and because those two or three started snapping at even the slightest 'provocation'. We don't even have to try, anymore.
>> No. 107651
>>107648

Nothing wrong with that, it's just speaking as if a way akin to "We're gonna ruin the flan route, pedofags, durr"
>> No. 107654
>>107648
I LOVE SAKUYA, WE SHOULD PURSUE HER ROUTE, ALL OTHER GIRLS CAN BURN.

Hey, I don't give a crap.
>> No. 107655
>>107654
THIS!

FUCK ALL'A YA'LL!

A Patchy is fine too.
>> No. 107656
>>107655
>A Patchy is fine too.

At this point i just say WHY NOT!
Tired of all the shitstorm and the endless discussion about Flandre yes or no.
>> No. 107657
>>107656
Hey, man. Everyone just wants a little pussy. No pun intended.
>> No. 107658
>>107656

Even though said shitstorms are the tide pisser's fault?

>>107654
>>107655

Oh look, declarations of war.
>> No. 107659
This story needs more Flan.
>> No. 107660
>>107659

This; that and that's one of our main goals here: Is to straighten things up with Flan. (Contrary to what certain people say)
>> No. 107661
>>107654
>Hey, I don't give a crap.

Then why even bother reading it now, to spite the others for now on?

>>107655
FUCK ALL'A YA'LL!

oh you.

>>107656
>At this point i just say WHY NOT!
Tired of all the shitstorm and the endless discussion about Flandre yes or no.

Contributing to the shitstorm won't make it go away.

Man this is getting more ridiculous than usual.

So long as these knuckleheads continue shitting on all over everyone, good luck on having your cyoa survive Taisa; or the very least being remembered for notable writing rather than the spewed vitriol through out the cyoa.

I wouldn't blame you if this becomes the only run for GH. At least you have Touhouvania to shine through...
>> No. 107663
>>107662

Says you, since there's more flan fans than tide pissers.

>>107661
you just managed to sum up the goals and intents of the tide pissers.
>> No. 107664
>Contributing to the shitstorm won't make it go away.

Actually you are right. I don't want this story to turn into shit so i will go with what the majority wants.
>So long as these knuckleheads continue shitting on all over everyone, good luck on having your cyoa survive Taisa; or the very least being remembered for notable writing rather than the spewed vitriol through out the cyoa.
This is something i just don't want to see happen.
>> No. 107665
>>107664
>I will go with what the majority wants.

What does the majority want?
>> No. 107666
Piss off to /words/ already.
>> No. 107667
>>107665
MORE UPDATES
>> No. 107668
>>107665

What do you think?

Sure certain minorities are vocal as hell, but what the majority wants is obvious through the whole story route wise: Flan
>> No. 107674
>>107661
I meant I don't give a crap about people shit-storming over a comment I make that mentions liking other characters - which is what you're doing, actually. If you had read the post I quoted you may have understood that.


People, do we really need to take extra measures to express ourselves? Why? Is it to please everyone else? Bawww. Don't be afraid to state who you like and would rather go after. I mean, what are they going to do to you? Take it to /falls on deaf ears/ - I'm sorry, /words/ - to bitch about it and call you playground names?

I pity everyone who thinks every post is a derail or feel the need to shove their route choice down other's throats. Have enough common sense and self-worth to be resolute and faithful in your votes. Ignore the internet tough-guys who sit around in their underwear and shout at their computer screen all day. What are you going to accomplish by arguing? What world-altering event in going to take place?

Is this story really even fun at all anymore, guys?
>> No. 107675
>>107673

Arguments happen because they're trying to persuade the neutral voters, though as of late, these have taken on an unholy life of their own.

Some folks love a good argument, but I'm sure even they're getting tired of it as things boil down to one side's spiteful offensive and the other's embittered defense.
>> No. 107676
To think that, for once, a thread was going reasonably well. It was just a matter of time, I suppose.

In all seriousness though, shut up. All of you. If you're so certain that your choices are the right ones, then vote for them, but don't go bitching at everyone who wants to vote for something else. This really shouldn't be that hard. We do it all the time in other stories; hell, in some stories we even manage actual discussion.

Of course, I'm also of the opinion that everyone needs to shut up and stop talking about routes, especially since there's no routlocking in this story. Just take stuff as it comes, and if a romance is meant to happen, then we'll come to it naturally. It would sure as shit be less divisive and vitriolic all around if everyone could just enjoy the moment in the story.
>> No. 107677
>>107676

no route locking is a foolish notion that leaves the door open for DoLFish scenarios. (Not a good thing)

And if not for folks hellbent on ruining other's good time, then we could just take it easy like in other stories.

But I must ask this question: Are there any neutral voters left at all that read this? Since I think most if not all voters here are polarized one way or another.
>> No. 107680
>>107674
>Is this story really even fun at all anymore, guys?

It's actually quite entertaining once you edit out the shitstorming, the bawwwing etcetera.

I've even gone as far as to make a copy of this cyoa editing out the bs postings and keeping the actually funny/relevant/actual vote postings to resemble other enjoyable cyoas in an imageboard format style kept much like the others stories here on the touhouvn.

I would hope that once this cyoa becomes archived the archivers would make the effort to editout the shit posts but maybe that's asking too much.
>> No. 107682
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>>107666
>> No. 107683
Well, at least you guys held off on most of the faggotry until so late in the thread.
>> No. 107685
>>107675
It's no longer an argument, though. It's just a bunch of angry people spewing baseless reasoning and opinions and calling each other names.

How does this persuade neutral voters? They're sure as hell not going to read fifty posts worth of crap to formulate an opinion(if they do, it's certainly not an educated one), they're either already set on favoring a side or really can't make decisions on their own. Me, I just scroll past most of it now. The only things that matter are A) Updates B) Taisa's posts and C) Interesting or unusual votes.

You shouldn't have to look deep into a character's mind to enjoy them(it's not like you're getting her, after all). The protagonist does that for you, and the writer gives options from which to choose how to deal with each scenario as it comes, and are understandable on a basic level. There really are no wrong options; they wouldn't be available if they didn't correspond with the protagonist's personality. One vote isn't going to change an entire story ten threads down the line, either.

Taisa isn't unreasonable; he isn't YAF.
>> No. 107686
>>107682
You're helping so much. Thank you.
>> No. 107687
File 126083009773.jpg - (208.53KB , 700x972 , 4da558d497297b0dabfe4d0e54e2e72f.jpg ) [iqdb]
107687
>>107643
In hindsight I shouldn't have made this post.

--------

"Wait," you quickly exclaim before she can disappear once again, "didn't you ask me to help you with chores and the like?"

Hearing your voice, she stops in her tracks and glances over her shoulder, mild surprise on her face at you still being there. "I did, didn't I? But you already helped me out a bit, so..."

"Well, that's just it; you only had me help you wash some dishes." Your inherent desire to be helpful to those you care about is a strong as ever, guiding your decisions and your tongue.
"Come on, let me help out some more. I just saw you taking a nap because you're overworked, after all."

Sakuya responds with a subtle smirk, shaking her head.
"You just caught me at a bad time, kid. I don't normally get tired because I can't afford to." She motions for you to follow her and leads you out the door, glancing about the hallway until she notices two fairy maids rushing in opposing directions in the distance, one carrying a hamper of laundry and the other a tray with a tea set, presumably for some of the other residents of the mansion. To your shock, you quickly realize that the two are also on a collision course, one blinded by the huge pile of laundry before her eyes, the other distracted with keeping the tea set balanced on the tray, as if this were her first time carrying such things. Maybe it is?

"Kya..!" Sure enough, they crash into one another; you can't help but cover your eyes in anticipation of the shattering of fine expensive porcelain... which never comes. Peeking between your fingers, you can see Sakuya holding the tray with one hand, the tea set perfectly intact and balanced, helping the maids up and handing the tray back to the one that was carrying it. What follows is a short scene of rather harsh scolding, Sakuya's voice significantly colder and angrier than you've ever heard before; the way she towers over the timid fairy girls could surely only make her seem all the more imposing to them, her threatening posture with her hands on her hips only adding to the effect. You can't quite make out what she's saying from this distance, but very now and then she raises her voice to the point of yelling, or makes threatening hand gestures whenever either of the maids dares to open her mouth to respond, instantly silencing them and resuming the reprimand. You decide it couldn't hurt to start making your way over to her, and you manage to catch the end of her lecture.

"...And you too, Frisca. Damn it, how many times have I told you? You'll end up getting yourself killed one of these days, if you don't look where you're going. Honestly... Out of my sight, the both of you." The maids promptly scurry off with all the haste they can muster, leaving behind you and an unusually frustrated seeming Sakuya, shaking her head violently and sending her braids swaying from side to side. She inhales and exhales once, deeply, then turns to face you again.
"See what I have to put up with? Worthless wastes of space is what they are most of the time... Tch."

"I'm sure they mean well, but..."

"Not good enough," she interjects.
"You know that saying, don't you? Road to hell, good intentions and all that... I tell you, this is exactly why I don't dare take any time off... I'm the chief maid, not a mason. I wouldn't put it past the fairy maids to somehow manage to blow the place up in my absence..."

"I think you're being a little harsh, though."

"Is that right? Tch..." She grimaces lightly, crossing her arms on her chest.
"I'd dare say you'd do a better job as a butler or something than they'd ever do as maids, even though you've probably never even had any training. Ah..." Finally, that light smile of hers returns to her lips, as she extends her index finger upwards, eyes glinting dangerously.
"Speaking of which. Still not interested in a job, are you?"

"...Maybe during summer break."

"Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind. On a related note, however... You still interested in helping out, then? I'll give you some simple tasks that I can't just do instantly with my time manipulation."

You nod eagerly, nearly propelling yourself forward into a bow in the process, a pleased smile on your face now as well.
"It would be an honor to be of service, miss chief maid."

You receive a snicker in response.
"Cut that out, kid. Just because the mistress eats that sort of thing up doesn't mean it'll impress me much. Come on, let's go." And with that, she grabs your wrist and leads you back into the kitchen...
"You know a thing or two about cooking, right?

...

What self respecting man doesn't know how to cook in these modern times? Sure, you're no professional chef, but you wouldn't starve if left alone with a filled refrigerator and functional kitchen. Sure enough, you spend the next hour or so helping Sakuya out with various little tasks and the like, her constantly flickering in and out with instructions and helpful tips, occasionally shaking her head with an amused sigh and gripping your hands, guiding you and showing you how it's done. In the end, it still feels like she's doing roughly ninety per cent of the work, but...

"Well, who knows?" she responds to your question on the matter with a chuckle.
"Maybe I just wanted the company."

"Glad to have obliged, then. I'd hope the enjoyment of said company was mutual." Your response merely succeeds in provoking lighthearted laughter from her; always a nice achievement. Guys should be able to make girls laugh, after all, even if it's through making yourself look silly. Cheesy lines are what you're good at, so why not utilize your natural talent for coming off as a large ham for comedic relief? At least in the case of Sakuya and Remilia, girls seem to like a guy with some wit.

"Alrighty, lunch will be served soon, cake's in the oven... Hm, we actually finished faster than I had anticipated. Alright, kid, you'd best scurry off for now, I can take it from here."

"You sure I shouldn't stay and help with anything else?"

"Shoo already, I'd much rather do the rest myself," she responds in a cheerful manner.
"Just make sure you don't get lost anywhere before lunch is served, alright? Thanks again, kid."

You nod in response, telling her you'll see her later and heading out of the kitchen, feeling mighty pleased with yourself. Feels good, man - you've helped the chief maid cook and clean. perhaps you've been wrong to be so lazy your entire life; chores and the like really are their own reward, at least when done with someone you thoroughly enjoy the company of. Maybe you really ought to see if they're willing to hire for a part-time position during summer break, make a bit of money, gain some experience, spend quality time with Sakuya... Remilia would definitely be utterly amused to see you in a butler uniform, waiting on her hand and foot. Hmm...

Anyway, you've got some time to kill before lunch. Wonder what Flandre is doing... Then again, Patchouli did say she'd be more likely to track you down when she wants to see you, rather than you being able to do anything about it yourself, right? Well, you've never had a reason to mistrust Patchouli's advice before; maybe you are worrying too much. Maybe she does just need some time to cool off and think about things. If she were at risk of having one of her hypothetical 'episodes', Patchouli would have said something, or at least acted more alarmed, right? You'll probably see her during lunch anyway...

Oh, speaking of Patchouli. While she did seem to be rushing you out of the library earlier today, it was just so you'd go and see Sakuya already; surely she wouldn't mind her student and apprentice coming back to spend time in the library, showing interest in her business and whatnot. Besides, you're moderately curious about this 'colleague' of hers Sakuya mentioned - there certainly seem to be plenty of magicians in Gensokyo, huh? Not that this surprises you anymore.

Finding yourself at the library doors once again with surprising speed, you just barely stop yourself from knocking; you've let yourself in freely before, haven't you? Besides, you'd rather avoid confronting Koakuma again before you've had time to think over what exactly you'd like to [s]do{/s] say to her. ...Maybe you should ask about those 'precautions' anyway - just in case - as long as Patchouli doesn't take it in a bad way... Anyway, the usual spiel follows, zigzagging between bookcases towards Patchouli's little reading area in the center of the maze; are those voices you hear as you draw closer? One of them unfamiliar, at that.

"...have been nothing but promising. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure how you'd pull it off without-... Oh?"
As you enter the clearing between the bookcases, like some sort of circle within trees in a magical forest, two pairs of eyes turn to you, the third (Marisa) being too distracted with examining various books here and there, not paying much attention to her surroundings. Seated around Patchouli's desk are both your mentor herself and a blonde woman you've never seen before - short hair with a red headband, eyes shining an indefinable bluish color in the low light of the candle-lit library, wearing a blue dress with a white shawl draped over her shoulders, tied with a frilly red ribbon. A matching ribbon decorates her waist, similar to a belt.
"And who do we have here?" Her tone of voice is charming and polite, although you sense a faint accent you can't quite place. Well, judging by her appearance, she's definitely not Japanese anyway; either that or she's another youkai. You can hardly tell from outside appearance, really.

Of course, you're not given the chance to introduce yourself; Patchouli robs you of the chance as per usual.
"This is my student and apprentice, Jin." Not one to waste words, is she...

"Hmm. I didn't think of you as the type to take on an apprentice..." The blonde woman studies you from head to toe, a curious look in her eyes, before turning her gaze back to your mentor.
"A little old, isn't he?"

"He is quick to learn... and stubborn." That last remark came out as a bit of a snap, a pair of narrowed violet eyes darting onto you in a glare that is decidedly less cold than you'd normally expect from her.
"Sit down, Jin."

You do as you're told and pull up a nearby seat, bowing in greeting to Patchouli's colleague before sitting down to the side of the two women.
"Pleased to meet you, miss..?"

"Alice. Alice Margatroid. A pleasure." A mild and polite smile accompanied by a nod of the head. Alice, huh? Definitely not from around here, then.

"If it's not rude of me to ask..."

"Do go ahead."

"...Where are you from, miss Margatroid?" Why does that name sound familiar from some detective novel you've read..?

"Just Alice, please. And I'm from... Bucharest, Romania, I suppose. It's been ages since I've been to my birth country, though. Is that what you were asking about? I assumed it was because of my name." For a moment, she seems distracted by Marisa's antics, the witch whistling to herself as she scales towards the top of a rather tall bookcase; quite a worrying sight, considering she doesn't seem to be able to fly without her broom.

"Yes, I'm sorry, I just-..."

"It's alright, I get that every now and then." She reaches down for a teacup - one of the cups that the fairy maid from earlier was carrying, in fact - and takes a sip before turning her gaze to you again. Odd, her eyes seem to be a different shade now... Must be the light playing tricks on you.
"And yourself? Regardless of your name, your appearance suggests you're not quite from Gensokyo yourself, correct?"

"Yeah, it's, ah... It's a nickname, really."

"Oh?" Alice sends another glance at the silent and composed Patchouli, presently drinking her tea and engrossed in one of her books as usual, seeming completely unaware of your little conversation. Even if you know this is likely untrue.
"I see. Interesting." Giving you another friendly glance, she resumes speaking.
"I hope you don't mind, but Patchouli and I were discussing something important, so-..."

Patchouli interjects all of a sudden, in a language you can't exactly recognize; Alice seems surprised at first, before calmly resting her chin on interlocked fingers, elbows leaning against the desk, responding in the same language. They proceed to talk about who knows what for several minutes, comparing some notes and occasionally going into more heated dialogue and gestures, all the while with you sitting there and feeling somewhat left out. You decide to stand up and go pester Marisa for a brief moment.

"Hey, uh... What language are they talking in?"

"Eh?" As if startled by your sudden appearance, Marisa turns around with enough speed to send her hat twirling around on top of her head for a few seconds, the slightly floppy tip coming to a rest pointing right at you.
"Whoa, man, ya scared me! Don't do that, mmkay?"

"Sorry about that."

"Oh, and they're speaking, uh... Romanian or something. I think. Not like I understand any of it. I tell ya, sometimes they do that just so they can talk about me behind my back without me understanding any of it. Feels bad, man..." An exaggerated pout on her face, the witch shakes her fist in the general direction of the two magicians.

"...How many languages does Patchouli speak, again?"

"Hum..." She stares into the ceiling for a good while, before resorting to counting on her fingers. Sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth, a focused and pensive look on her face, she finally turns her golden eyes to you and gives a simple answer.
"Most of them, I reckon."

...Somehow, this does not seem all that unlikely. A century (or two or three) sounds like more than enough time to learn more languages than anyone could possibly ever have any use for; then again, there's books in every possible language in this library, too. What an amazing woman, really...

"Do you know -what- they're talking about, though?"

"Eh, something about replacing a fading seal on something nasty, I didn't really pay much attention, man..." She meets your stare for a moment, before continuing.
"You know, a seal! Like for bad youkai, demons and ghosts and such. Keeps nasty stuff away. I dunno what they're gonna be sealing, though. Say, give me a boost?" She points up at a row of books just out of her reach.

"I don't think Patchouli would like that..."

"She wouldn't indeed." You're a little past the point of being shocked at the sudden sound of Sakuya's voice behind you, so you merely jump up in a mild startle before turning around to face the smirking head maid.

"Please don't do that."

"I'm sorry," she offers in an amused tone, trading glances between you and Marisa, before looking over at the two magicians caught up in their debate; she shouts something to them in that funky language they were speaking in, attracting their attention and immediately causing them to set aside the conversation for the moment, standing up and whispering something to one another quickly. Sakuya turns back to you and Marisa, both somewhat confused. Does -everyone- here speak Romanian?
"As I just said, lunch is served. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

And she's gone, just like that.

...

The dining room certainly is crowded today, isn't it? Sitting at the head of the table, in front and to the left of you is Remilia. Opposite you is Patchouli, whom you haven't even seen eating anything before; not that she's showing much interest in the food you and Sakuya lovingly cooked for everyone even now, mind you, instead frustratedly glaring into the ceiling, occasionally sending a glance at Remilia who responds with a cheerful wave of the fingers. To Patchouli's left is Marisa, whom in contrast is certanly enjoying the meal, although not nearly as much as Reimu by her side, still completely devoid of table manners, gobbling everything up as if this were her last meal for a week. To your right is Alice, eating in a manner that suggests she's only doing it to be polite, not out of hunger. Sakuya and the maids are probably dining in the maid quarters, and poor Meiling... Well, maybe you ought to go pay her a visit sometime...

"Hey, Patchy! If ya don't want any, I'll just take-..." A loud slap echoes through the dining room as Marisa's hand recoils, the blonde witch wincing in pain and staring daggers at the stoic and composed wizard, slowly lowering her own hand.

"Do not be impolite."

"Aww man, why ya gotta be so mean, Patchy?" she exclaims, rubbing her gradually reddening hand.
"That really hurt, ya know!"

"Mmm-..." Reimu starts, silenced by her own full mouth until she takes a long drink of tea to wash the food down.
"You know, maybe she's just... what's that word again, I heard it from Sanae... maybe she's just tsundere for you?"

Patchouli glances over at the grinning shrine maiden with a perplexed expression, blinking her eyes slowly.
"Tsundere..?"

"Tsundere?" Marisa seems equally clueless about well-known (and overused) anime tropes, forgetting about her aching hand in curiosity. Reimu merely chuckles, trading glances with Alice for a moment, the latter merely smiling softly and continuing to quietly eat her food.

"Oh come on, you -have- to have noticed!" Reimu's grin gradually spreads wider and wider; you're not sure you like where this is going.
"There's rumors all around that the reason you two keep hanging out and being the way you are to each other is because, well... you know."

"I know... what?" Oh, this is hopeless. You've got to explain the concept to them.

"She's trying to say that Patchouli is only being harsh with you because she really likes you, and has trouble expressing it." Feeling a little awkward over discussing potential lesbian tendencies at a dinner table, you shrink back into your seat and stuff your mouth full of delicious meat. Yum~

You also try to ignore the sounds of Remilia choking on her food after what you've just said. Don't establish eye contact, don't...

"Truly? Is that what you are trying to imply, Reimu?" Patchouli merely blinks her eyes in astonishment once again, obviously giving this wacky theory far more thought than it deserves.

"L-like? Ah, haha, whaddaya mean? Like... like-like? But we're both girls, and and and she's my teacher now, and-..."

"Well, I suppose there is only one way to find out." The cool and collected monotone is suddenly replaced by a muffled yelp, as Patchouli grips Marisa's chin, turning her head to face her and locking lips with her. Pretty much everyone at the table gasps; some out of amusement, others, like Remilia, out of shock. Patchouli maintains the kiss for a few seconds, Marisa's eyes bulging and her face turning redder and redder with each passing moment, until she is released, stunned and speechless, lips opening and closing but not a word escaping; meanwhile the wizard merely presses her index finger to her lips, a pensive look in her eyes.
"No, I felt nothing. Your hypothesis must be incorrect, Reimu."

Reimu herself is curled up, face pressed against the table and almost as red as Marisa's, face contorting as she's struggling not to burst out in laughter; Remilia seems to have gotten over her shock and merely chuckles delightedly in response to Patchouli's completely deadpan debunking of Reimu's little 'hypothesis', and Alice sends a bit of a compassionate frown in Marisa's direction. Speaking of whom, Marisa suddenly bolts upright, out of her chair, pulling her huge witch hat over her head and covering her face, mumbling something quietly before darting off out of the dining room.

"...Bathroom..!"

Reimu loses it the moment Marisa exits the scene, bursting out in hysterical laughter and smacking her fist against the table, making everyone else's plates shake about.

"Reimu, darling, please don't shake the table," Remilia exclaims in an exaggerated noblewoman's tone of voice, before turning her gaze to you with a fanged smirk.
"Ah, but isn't this fun? Having so many people around... Ah, makes me want to throw a party! But I don't think there's any holidays or the like coming anytime soon..." She finishes off with a mild pout.

"Well," you respond, wondering about the concept yourself, "with this weather you could probably get away with... I don't know, hosting a large barbecue or something."

"A barbecue? How simple, and yet..." Ah, you've made her smile again! This can either mean something good or something terrible.
"...so delightfully simple. Sakuya!"

"Yes, milady?" Of course, Sakuya is suddenly standing right there; it's by a sheer stroke of luck that you don't choke on your food from the surprise of her appearing beside you like this.

You're starting to hate surprises.

"Have you finished with -that- yet?"

"Ah... Almost, milady, but-..."

"Good. Have some invitations sent out; we're going to be hosting a party on the mansion grounds, and everyone is invited!"

Sakuya glances at you in surprise for a moment, although all you can do is offer a nervous shrug in response; did you just accidentally increase her workload -again-?* Ooh boy. Putting on a smile, she nods affirmatively.
"Yes, milady."

"Good!" Remilia hops off her seat; everyone has finished their meal by now anyway, aside from Patchouli who hasn't even touched her plate. It kind of hurts your feelings, what with having put some of your own effort into making the meal today, but it's not like she could've known about it... Maybe she's just not hungry?

Ah, but there's another full plate on the table...

"Hey, um, Sakuya?" You manage to get her attention before she vanishes again, out of earshot of everyone else; Reimu has gone off to search for Marisa, Patchouli and Alice presumably head back to the library, and Remilia simply takes off, rubbing her palms together as if she were planning something.
"Flandre didn't come to eat today, so, uh..."

She frowns mildly, before nodding to you.
"Yes. I'll be taking her food down to her room, then; I did ask her several times to come up and eat with everyone else, but...

"I see."

Damn it.



[] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
[] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.

-------

*(Don't take this too seriously, now.)
Write-in modifications/add-ons are always welcome, etc.
>> No. 107690
>>107685

One vote no, but a series of foul votes can lead to disastrous effects.

Take for example the haphazard after school schedule and thus whole sale neglect of our club. This resulted in Cirno giving Jin something of a cold shoulder. The problem was more or less fixed, but the fact it happened presents a problem.

No doubt a result of people wishing to throw a spanner in the works in regards to progress with Flan.

On the matter of the vote, this is a tricky choice, since while Patchy normally gives good advice, but some things are worrying.
>> No. 107691
I like to think that all the drama is four complete morons, four people who get so mad that they hurl insults instead of ignoring the morons, two trolls, two sensible people who try in vain to use logic and reason to calm the others down, and the rest of the site facepalming so hard that they can't even type or are just ignoring everything but votes and the story itself, only posting when the storm temporarily subsides. When I think that most of us aren't participating in the what has been endless bawwing for the last 5(?) threads, it helps me sift through all of this in search of intelligent discussion.
>> No. 107693
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. (There is no need for her to watch the door)
-[x] When you get there, put on the best phony female voice you can when you knock. "Room service!"
>> No. 107695
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
>> No. 107696
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
[x] If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.

Still not going to forget about poor Meiling.
>> No. 107698
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.

>"Alice. Alice Margatroid. A pleasure."
Excellent, now we can begin work on the Alice route. I am of course kidding.
>> No. 107699
[v] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
-[w] First, knock and make sure she wants to see you, of course. That way, even if she's still angry, there's still a pretty significant barrier in-between the two of you.
-[x] If that goes over alright, show that you're genuinely sorry. Allow her to do most of the talking; you don't want to upset her even more with excuses and explanations, do you? Sometimes the best thing to do is to just be a gentleman, let the other person talk it out.
>> No. 107703
>>107701

Why do you say that? Since it sounds like a sure fire way to get ourselves killed so badly, Komachi would have to take a week off just to put our soul together.

>>107699
This sounds like a better idea in the line of thinking.

>>107691
In that line of thought, it's hard to say.
>> No. 107704
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. (There is no need for her to watch the door)
-[x] When you get there, put on the best phony female voice you can when you knock. "Room service!"

>In hindsight I shouldn't have made this post.
Actually i am glad that you keep us informed instead of keeping quiet.
It is not your fault after all, so don't ever change that.
>> No. 107705
>Frisca

You know what that means, everyone! FRISCA ROUTE!

The fact that we never got one still makes me sad.

[X] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-{X} If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.

Nope. I agree with Patchouli's assessment of the situation. Flan will find us when she's ready to talk.

I highly doubt we can get away with feeding Meiling without Sakuya finding out, but I get the feeling that she'll let it slide just this once. After all, his naive desire to help everyone is Jin's charm point.

Let's see... we're waiting for Flan to approach us herself, so spending time with her is on hold for a while. Koakuma may or may not be coming by tonight, so she's on hold for the moment as well. So far today we've had some lessons with Patchouli, some quality time with Sakuya, and a spot of fun with Remi and Reimu. If we sneak Meiling some food, we'll probably spend some quality time with her, so that leaves...

Right, we need to spend some proper quality time with Patchouli and Remilia after this. Possibly Koakuma depending how the night goes.
>> No. 107706
>>107701
Speaking of which, maybe she'd let us take Flandre her food in a maid uniform? That ought to get a smile from her.

Don't listen to me, I'm out of my mind.But I honestly think it would work.Shut up, you.
>> No. 107708
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. (There is no need for her to watch the door)

Perhaps there's a way to compromise heeding Patchouli's advice, but as well trying to have Jin say his piece in mending things with Flandre. For one thing, he can simply announce he brought food that had been served recently and that he made an effort in preparing it.

It's hardly a fixing solution, however it would show that Jin wishes to establish some form of communication. Considering complete silence between the two isn't going to solve the problem. Heck simply conversing between the doors should be enough of a compromise.
>> No. 107709
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x]If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.

>>107704
People like you must want a bad end so badly.
>> No. 107710
[] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
>> No. 107712
>>107709

Stop that. If you think it's going to lead to a bad end, explain in detail why exactly you think so. Otherwise, it's just bad trolling.

Not to say I do or don't agree with you. I just don't want another shitstorm.
>> No. 107713
>>107712

If flan's in a bad mood, she would not appreciate such a childish stunt such as trying to pass yourself off as Sakuya. Just the fact you're lying to get in won't go over too well.

Don't you remembered what happened when Jin tried to give her the lame childish excuse of taking a while in the bathroom? That was her in a decent mood, not a bad one.
>> No. 107714
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x]If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.

this works for me we shouldn't try to rush things flan will find us when she is ready to talk
>> No. 107718
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
-[のワの]Take the food straight to Meiling

Seriously though. Take it to Flan.
>> No. 107722
>>107713
We're not trying to imitate Sakuya to get in.

We're trying to do a bad job of sounding like a girl; hopefully bad enough that she notices.

Cause, you know, it would suck if we could actually pull it off.
>> No. 107724
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x] If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.

I like this Flandre less and less, but I still feel sorry for her.
>> No. 107726
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
-[x]If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
>> No. 107729
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
-[x]If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
>> No. 107730
[] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
>> No. 107731
>>107724
We haven't seen her for awhile, how is that possible?
>> No. 107734
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107735
{No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
- {If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.}
- {Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.}}

It seems like it's been quite a while we've waited already since Taisa's being so slowverbose but it's only lunch time so it's still only been a few hours since we saw her at home. There's still plenty of time for her to find us, I don't think we should be seeking her out until at least tomorrow morning.
>> No. 107736
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
[x] If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.

I think it is best to get on the entire mansion's good books.
>> No. 107737
[X] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...

I don't expect much will happen if she's still not in the mood to see anyone, but sometimes the gesture itself is more important than the immediate result.

The whole reason we're at the mansion now rather than whenever Remilia would have come to get us is because of Flandre. I would think the least we could do is to try to say "hi" in person, even if we can't say much else right now.
>> No. 107738
>>107735
Yes, but we're already potential lovers after just a week. I think time moves a bit faster, here, to account for the update speed.
>> No. 107739
>>107738

I wouldn't think that since it was still a bit after lunch after all. plenty of time left in the day. It'd be only 1pm at the latest.
>> No. 107740
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107741
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
-[x]If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.

If she doesn't want to meet us, fine, but she has to know why we came here in the first place.
Now, how would anon answer to those dreadful but inevitable questions: 'Why didn't you come to see me before?' and 'Why aren't you with that man-eater Youkai you seem to like so much?'
>> No. 107743
File 12608428337.jpg - (62.11KB , 400x640 , 2080712.jpg ) [iqdb]
107743
[X] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-{X} Ask Sakuya to let Flandre know we're here and staying the night. If she didn't already know, of course.
[X] If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.

Does Flan know we're here? Doesn't make sense that she wouldn't, but might as well cover some bases.

Also, ya know what occurred to me a little while ago?
>>105366
>"...her voice would probably send you into a mindless frenzy. Even an adult male is practically helpless against the voice of a succubus; a young man like yourself, driven by your hormones, would likely attempt to rape her the moment she uttered a single word within earshot."

Rewind to just before the Bad End
>>94845
>"...so it got like this." Her voice is a whisper, barely audible; well, that makes sense, she thinks you're asleep, so she's pretty much just talking to yourself.

Narrows it down to 2, right?
>> No. 107745
>>107741

That's assuming things some, but when the time comes we might have to answer similar questions.

But still if we come to Flan at a bad time, the best result is that she won't listen to what we have to say (hence Patchy's advice on waiting until she comes to Jin)

And certainly she must have sensed it or smelled Jin come in.

>>107743
I figured she might sense us here, pretty sure on that.
>> No. 107746
[X] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
-[X] First, knock and make sure she wants to see you, of course. That way, even if she's still angry, there's still a pretty significant barrier in-between the two of you.
-[X] If that goes over alright, show that you're genuinely sorry. Allow her to do most of the talking; you don't want to upset her even more with excuses and explanations, do you? Sometimes the best thing to do is to just be a gentleman, let the other person talk it out.

Why is it that people seems to be vehemently against seeing Flandre? We'll have to deal with her eventually anyway, so why not get it out of the way now? After all, we have food, and those always makes things better.
>> No. 107747
>>107739
Sorry; not time, but emotions.

She's probably already forgotten it by now... Or has grown a deep-rooted resentment towards us.
>> No. 107752
>>107746

The risk of her not getting over it and the whole thing backfiring against us in a perhaps in a way that results in Jin being a greasy little smear.

Maybe if we gone after her after Rumia we could have avoided this.

But hey lets the chips fall where they may. If your choice gets Jin killed or worse (something lasting), I'll be laughing.

If the stunt succeds, well then I'd apologize. (Same goes for if not going to her backfires)
>> No. 107754
>>107746
>Why is it that people seems to be vehemently against seeing Flandre?

It's not that, it's the paranoia on the possibility of putting another nail on the coffin that holds the chance of making things work out some how before, as I recall, something huge occurring later on in the story.

I would dare say Patchouli may be right about letting Flandre come see you when she feels like it, However if that works for Patchouli, do we really know if that will work for Jin in the same way..?

Patchouli may know Flandre very inside and out more so than Remilia herself, but does she know or understand her feelings towards Jin..?

She very well actually may, or may not, I can't say I know sadly
>> No. 107755
[X] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107757
Baseless theory: Part of why Flandre likes Jin is because he doesn't know why he should be so damned scared of Flandre. Bonus points for the fact that not only have people told him (unknownst to her), but he's STILL not afraid.
Conclusion: All you people fretting about Flandre bad ending Jin aren't helping anything.
>> No. 107758
And if we were to go ahead, this >>107699 seem to be the best shot at making some progress, but even then the risk is sizable about making things worse.

>>107757
It's not so much the super powerful vampire part that balks folks, but the fact of being an upset girl that might not listen to anything you have to say.
>> No. 107761
[v] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
-[w] First, knock and make sure she wants to see you, of course. That way, even if she's still angry, there's still a pretty significant barrier in-between the two of you.
-[x] If that goes over alright, show that you're genuinely sorry. Allow her to do most of the talking; you don't want to upset her even more with excuses and explanations, do you? Sometimes the best thing to do is to just be a gentleman, let the other person talk it out.
>> No. 107765
So, what's with the sudden support for completely disregarding the advice of our mentor who has yet to steer us wrong, and has centuries more experience with Flan than us, the guy who has known her for little more than two weeks? I can understand the desire to make good with Flan and all, but I really don't think we should be rushing this. Patchouli was right; if Flan wanted to talk to us, she could and would track us down in a heartbeat. Plus, you're totally ignoring that fact that she apparently felt down enough to want to skip out on seeing anyone at lunch; if she didn't want to see her family, the people who have supported her for hundreds of years, I think the chances of her wanting to see and deal with us are pretty damn slim. Give the girl some space for more than a quarter of a day.

If you really want to interact with her that badly, ask Sakuya to, I don't know, leave her a note, or carry her a message. Something like letting Flan know that we're willing to talk with her. But don't just disregard her desire to be alone; that's just insensitive as hell.
>> No. 107766
>>107765
Listen to this man, he's entirely correct.

Pity nobody actually will, since they're all completely blind to reason.
>> No. 107768
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x]If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.

hurr
>> No. 107770
>>107766
>Things aren't going my way so I'll assume everyone but me is an idiot

Bawwwwww
>> No. 107771
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x] If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.
>> No. 107774
>>107765

I voted for that but if these folks insist on doing the stupid thing, I just figured give the best possible shot WHILE warning them of the risks.

And chances are Sakuya will try to put in some good words for us regardless, since I can imagine her asking Flan if she knew Jin was here to see her and such.
>> No. 107778
>>107765
I concur. It seems counter-productive to reconciling with Flandre by forcing the issue if she's not ready to address it herself. I think the whole problem started by disregarding her feelings and trying to force our own feelings and perspective upon her. It didn't work well before, and I'm not given to the notion that it will work again now. Maybe by forcing the issue and going to see her, we 'prove our commitment' or some such. I think it smacks of poetic, Flandre and Jin tearfully professing their devotion to one another as they sit back-to-back on the opposite sides of the steel reinforced blast door that is the entrance to her room.

As cute as that may be, I'd rather play by her terms this time. Regardless of the disadvantage it may put us at, we should let her take control of the situation. Letting her know that we're ready to talk whenever she wants to (and following through, for pity's sake) seems appropriate.

Saging even after autosage because I can.
>> No. 107779
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x] If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.
>> No. 107780
Hey. HEY. All of you.

>*(Don't take this too seriously, now.)

[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x] If there's any food left over, try and sneak some off to Meiling.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.
>> No. 107781
>>107780
>Sakuya glances at you in surprise for a moment, although all you can do is offer a nervous shrug in response; did you just accidentally increase her workload -again-?*
>> No. 107782
>Autosage
>Five updates

Well, it's better.
>> No. 107784
Voting to ignore Flandre got us into this mess. So I propose we ignore her some more to get us out of this mess.

Patchouli can't be right 100% of the time. Did anyone ever think that Flandre might want Jin to come see her?
>> No. 107786
>>107781
The message remains the same.
>> No. 107790
>>107784

It's a matter of timing, the time for haste would have been right after she left the door to Jin's house, but now it's more the matter of waiting for the right moment, either by Flan's initiative or our own sometime tomorrow.

But the fact that Flan didn't even come to lunch is a telling sign not to be too hasty at this point.
>> No. 107792
>>107784

You're over simplifying the situation, and you know it.

That aside, of course we all considered the possibility. That's one of the reasons we went and asked someone who knew Flan well about what was most likely; so that we would have more information to consider. You're absolutely right that no one can be correct on every single issue, but honestly, have you seen anything in the story that would lead you to believe Patchouli isn't right in this case? She has the benefit of far more experience in this sort of matter than any of us could claim. She lives with Flan. She has a calm demeanor suited for analyzing these sorts of difficult situations. She has routinely presented Jin with sound advice. She cares about both parties involved, even as subdued as she is when it comes to expressing the fact. She's our mentor and friend.

We have every reason to trust her judgment.

You're going to need something more than "it's possible that she's wrong" to discredit her on this. After all, it's also possible that you're wrong, and if it comes to trusting you or Patchouli? I think I'll side with Patchouli.
>> No. 107797
>>107792

Patchouli decided that the best way to respond to Reimu's question about whether or not she likes Marisa was to make out with her at the dinner table in front of other guest. You want to tell me that she understands the feelings of Flandre when she can't even tell her own?
>> No. 107798
>>107765
>>Plus, you're totally ignoring that fact that she apparently felt down enough to want to skip out on seeing anyone at lunch; if she didn't want to see her family, the people who have supported her for hundreds of years, I think the chances of her wanting to see and deal with us are pretty damn slim.

Speaking of totally forgetting things, you do remember what her room was like, right?
What do you suppose the chances are that a good deal of this so-called "support" over the centuries basically consisted of them shackling her to the bed and locking the door?
Rather than dealing with the problem, confronting it, and trying to actually make it better, they more or less shoved it away into some dark corner and avoided it, ignored it, and hoped that it wouldn't be as much of a problem when they saw it again.

Maybe Flandre really does just want some alone time. Maybe all she really does need is to cool off a bit in privacy. Or maybe she's doing for her problems what her own family did to her, and is essentially avoiding the issue rather than trying to sort it out.

That said, I think some of you are misunderstanding something about the decision to go down and deliver Flandre's food personally. The whole plan is contingent on Sakuya helping as a lookout for a short while. As busy as she is, even if she agreed, it would not be for a long enough period of time to actually sort any of this business out with Flandre. At most, it would just give Jin a chance to make a gesture of coming to see her in-person, and let her know he's there for her when she's ready to see him.

Even if she's in no mood for company right now, I think it would help her be more inclined to come knocking on Jin's door if he made it clear that he would be there to answer it when the time comes.

Besides, do you really think it would make her feel any better if he didn't at least try to come see her? You think it would help if she not only thought he could have plenty of fun at the mansion without her around, but he basically seemed to provide proof of that?

This is not going to be an attempt to fix things up with Flandre ASAP. There's no way that could even be possible. What this could be, however, is the first step in that process. Considering there aren't likely to be many other times this weekend where Remilia is as occupied as she is now, and we have a perfect set-up right in front of us, this is as perfect a time to go down to the basement as we could ever hope to get.
>> No. 107799
>>107797

Honestly, I would think that was something of a joke. Patchouli would be the master of deadpan delivery. Even if it was not a joke, however, bear in mind that the person you know the least is often yourself; I don't think Patchy expected her experience with Jin to be quite as tender as it turned out to be either.

That aside, I would certainly trust her to have seen Flan upset enough times to know how best to deal with situation. After all, Patchouli was there for times when Flan went nuts and rebelled against Remi; would give her a pretty clear idea of what doesn't work when dealing with Flan. Whether or not Patchy understands every last intricacy of Flan's emotions, I would think she would understand enough to figure out how Flan generally reacts to different attempts to comfort her. She's probably seen Remi try to calm Flan often enough over the course of a few centuries to figure out what pushes Flan's buttons.
>> No. 107802
>>107792

He might imply that She might want to sabotage things as to get Jin for herself. But she's much too logical for such petty actions, especially in regards to flan. She'd be one to advise Jin soundly for both the greater good, and for both their sake as well.

Considering how she bit us twice, I think she won't have a problem finding us at the right time.
>> No. 107803
[X] Poor Meiling must be starving.....
>> No. 107804
>>107798

Yet it could fail in a very terrible way as she doesn't listen and perhaps gets more dead set in her ways because we tried to force the issue.

Also Remilia has been trying to be better and give Flandre a shot.

On the matter of Patchy's stunt, that was her life she was doing, not someone else's. She wouldn't make a joke in regards to Flandre at all.
>> No. 107809
>>107797
Well, to be fair, she seemed to understand her feelings well enough after the kiss.

Still, I think the point is, as much of a goldmine of knowledge in more intellectual matters, the more emotional side of matters does seem to stray a bit from the sort of things Patchy considers worth knowing.

She understands Flandre's biology, and even aspects of her psychology, at least as it pertains to her mental stability, but to hear her explain it makes it all sound so clinical.

Not that she doesn't understand the workings of a young girl's heart, but with the amount of detachment she seems to tend to have, I really have to question just how helpful she could really be on the subject.

>>107799
>>That aside, I would certainly trust her to have seen Flan upset enough times to know how best to deal with situation. After all, Patchouli was there for times when Flan went nuts and rebelled against Remi; would give her a pretty clear idea of what doesn't work when dealing with Flan. Whether or not Patchy understands every last intricacy of Flan's emotions, I would think she would understand enough to figure out how Flan generally reacts to different attempts to comfort her. She's probably seen Remi try to calm Flan often enough over the course of a few centuries to figure out what pushes Flan's buttons.

True, Patchouli has probably seen first-hand plenty of incidents involving Flandre, and has at least some idea how to diffuse such situations.
However, and this is a rather critical difference, none of those previous events were likely due to "boy troubles".

Remember, she had never even shown any inclination to biting before Jin came into the picture, and now she's gone and done it twice.

Whatever issues with Flandre Patchy may have had to help deal with in the past, we're heading into some rather new, unexplored territory.
>> No. 107810
>>Yet it could fail in a very terrible way as she doesn't listen and perhaps gets more dead set in her ways because we tried to force the issue.

We won't be forcing anything if all we're doing is making a feeble attempt at knocking, and trying to talk through the door about how we brought her some food.

It's not like we can just kick the door open, waltz in, shove her into a chair and start talking. For starters, that door ain't opening unless Flan wants it to be open.

All we could hope to do is make a friendly overture. It's entirely up to her if she responds now or later.
>> No. 107813
>>107810

Yet you act as if Sakuya would just do the job and go without helping (Didn't we fess up about the whole incident to her?), which she would.

and even if Patchy's advice isn't perfect, it's sound enough to follow, since even with 'boy trouble' it still boils down to basic emotions.

And the last time we went "This can't go wrong" (Trying to have Flandre and Rumia become friends without Cirno around); it went WRONG BIG TIME.

Yeah that's right saying about a choice "it can't go wrong" is often asking for it go terribly wrong. And that's the last thing we need.
>> No. 107816
>>107813
>>Yet you act as if Sakuya would just do the job and go without helping (Didn't we fess up about the whole incident to her?), which she would.

You're missing the point. It's not a matter of what is being done, but who is doing it.

For example, say someone has wronged you. They might not have meant to do it, but it still hurt you deeply. Which do you think would have more meaning; the person who hurt you sending someone to apologize for them on their behalf? Or the person who hurt you coming to apologize to you in person?

Besides, Sakuya has already tried to no avail. What benefit is there in having her do essentially what she has already done?

As for "this can't possibly go wrong", no one is saying that. What some of us are saying is that this probably won't go as wrong as you seem to think it will.

This is not the exact same situation we had with getting Flan and Rumia together, where we had signs like a terrified Rumia trying desperately to hide herself to indicate that things could go very sour that people were ignoring.

All we have in this case is knowledge that Flan has shut herself up in her room, and Patchy's suggestion that she has formed a sort of "shell" around herself, and thus would be more responsive if we waited for her to come to us.

Seeing how her manner is regarding things she views as genuine threats to Jin's health and safety, like his attempting a duel before he was ready, I would think that if there was any particular danger or risk of harm in going down before Flan chooses to come out herself, Patchy would have made damn sure to explicitly state as much. Especially knowing his track record for getting himself into trouble, as well as his penchant for doing unnecessary things in an attempt to help.
>> No. 107817
>>107752
Actually, I don't really mind whether Jin become a stain on the wall or not. It's about time we get our next bad end anyway, so I'd be laughing no matter if it succeeds or not.
>> No. 107818
>>107816

Go ahead with your logic and see how much damage it'll inflict, since when things start falling apart and such; we know who to blame.

Maybe you should have choosen a better time to be so hasty as opposed to "Lol Flan's faking it durr" like some people did when she left the house.

But even if there was no risk of harm, there's the risk of our effort backfiring

And all this talk about things going wrong is AFTER the fact, not before it. Before it everyone was on board with the notion of it can't go that terribly wrong. It did.

And chances are going down to see her now might go terribly wrong as well.

>>107817
A bad enough would be the best case scenario oddly enough, as opposed to more damage we'd have to undo while certain people snicker in a "just as planned" fashion.
>> No. 107819
>And all this talk about things going wrong is AFTER the fact, not before it. Before it everyone was on board with the notion of it can't go that terribly wrong. It did.

What event are you talking about? Not allowing Rumia to hide, or letting Flan just leave?

Because I hated both of those ideas, just like I hate the thought of waiting until Flandre comes to us.
>> No. 107820
>>107818
>>And all this talk about things going wrong is AFTER the fact, not before it. Before it everyone was on board with the notion of it can't go that terribly wrong. It did.

No, MOST of the people were on board with the notion of it not going wrong (some, I suspect, knowing full well that it would). There were, however, two people who voted for something other than not trying to hide Rumia, of which I was one of them.

Granted, I was wrong about the blood being a factor in things going badly, but I was at least somewhat close to the mark on the "Flandre walking into Jin's room to see the girl who tried to kill him" not working out, at least.

As one of the few people who apparently considered the warning signs of that little fiasco, and as one of the only ones to actually say anything about it, I am really not seeing how this situation is similar.

I don't mind you questioning my logic. In fact, I would encourage it, if only you would actually provide reasons why it's so wrong beyond vaguely going on about how something MIGHT go wrong, somehow, probably, you think.

So something MIGHT go wrong with us going down into the basement. Something MIGHT go wrong when you go to the store to get a gallon of milk. Something MIGHT go wrong in virtually every possible thing you could do, but if you let the mere possibility that something might go wrong stop you from doing something, where does that leave you? Doing NOTHING.

To reiterate, last time we had the fact that Rumia's sense of self-preservation was clearly telling her to get the fuck out of Dodge to indicate why bringing the very thing she was afraid of into the room might not work out so well.

This time all we have to go on is Patchouli's advice, which even she explicitly stated was going to be limited because of her not knowing the exact nature of Jin and Flandre's relationship.
>> No. 107823
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107829
[v] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107833
File 126087607943.jpg - (212.81KB , 750x577 , ff9c9e72aeb92c1636e93895bac00b4d.jpg ) [iqdb]
107833
>276 posts and 19 images

what the hell
>> No. 107834
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107837
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.

I just have this feeling that Flandre will make a visit to Jin at night, when all others are asleep and not in the way. I believe she will feel more comfortable to talk when there's little chance of any one else interfering or interrupting; at least I'd think so.
>> No. 107840
>>107833
Welcome to GH.
>> No. 107841
>"L-like? Ah, haha, whaddaya mean? Like... like-like? But we're both girls, and and and she's my teacher now, and-..."
Did I miss something?
>> No. 107845
>>107841

Marisa and Reimu are students while Patchy's a teacher.

>>107837
Good logic but who knows.
>> No. 107849
Votes are tied. I think.
>> No. 107852
>>107833
Does this mean you approve?
>> No. 107856
>>107849

Quick, someone break the tie. No voting a 2nd time either.
>> No. 107857
>>107849
You really need some slave to wade through all the posts and count the votes.
>> No. 107859
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107860
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...

I haven't voted yet. Really.
>> No. 107861
>>107860
You know saying that only makes you look suspicious.
>> No. 107862
Riiight. Gonna get a votespam check.
>> No. 107864
>>107862

I'm being honest though. If there is any votespam, it's not mine. If you doubt me, my last vote was >>107341. The IP is different because I'm posting from work. My connection at home is currently visiting Yuyuko for eternity. Mods can verify I'm not votespaming by searching my IP.




And to all like >>107358 who think Patchouli knows best: do you know that saying, right under your nose? You can't see what is too far, but you also can't see what is too near. Those closest to us are the ones who surprises us the most.
>> No. 107865
>>107864

Someone sounds guilty.
>> No. 107869
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x] Patchy didn't eat her food, why not sneak it off to Meiling?

I want Flandre route and all, but givin the girl some space at this point is still best, as I see it.
>> No. 107870
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take some food out to Meling yourself.
>> No. 107885
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 107907
>>"She's trying to say that Patchouli is only being harsh with you because she really likes you, and has trouble expressing it." Feeling a little awkward over discussing potential lesbian tendencies at a dinner table, you shrink back into your seat and stuff your mouth full of delicious meat. Yum~

>>You also try to ignore the sounds of Remilia choking on her food after what you've just said. Don't establish eye contact, don't...

You know, I wonder...was Remilia merely shocked at the suggestion that Patchouli is gay for Marisa, or did something about that definition Jin gave hit a little too close to home?
>> No. 107959
>>107907
Oh wow, never noticed. Good point.
>> No. 107992
So, after the votespam check...

...Votes are -still- tied. Go figure.
>> No. 107994
>>107992
Flip a coin?
>> No. 107999
[x] No, if she didn't want to come up after being invited several times, she doesn't want to see anyone. Let Sakuya handle it.
-[x] Ask Sakuya when she comes back on how Flan was doing.
>> No. 108005
>>107992
And here i thought you were already writing. Last update was monday.
>> No. 108006
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...

Goddamn it.
>> No. 108008
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while..
>> No. 108056
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 108063
[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while

Think we gave her enough time to cool down, at least for a first attempt at it. I don't think it'll be solved by just this attempt though, might take a little more time to calm down completely.



Also I don't suppose you'd be up for doing this all over again after this run is done would you? This CYOA has made me a bit of a Patchfag and I was kinda disappointed we didn't go fully down her path. Was happy with the touching H-scene though.
>> No. 108064
Votes called before they manage to tie again.

[x] Ask Sakuya for a huge favor - You'd like to take the food down to Flandre yourself. If she could just watch the door for a short while...
>> No. 108065
>>108063
You're forgetting one thing, there's nothing telling the story would go the SDM route again.
>> No. 108066
>>108065

Hmmm that is true now that I think about it. I believe we'd still go that route though, although that's just a guess on my part. I'd be happy even if we went with Remilia, I quite like the interaction between her and Jin.
>> No. 108068
File 126107004288.jpg - (866.03KB , 860x900 , Sad Suika.jpg ) [iqdb]
108068
>>108066
I would love to see how Taisa would make Suika though.

Poor forgotten Suika.
>> No. 108079
File 126107589436.jpg - (747.49KB , 772x1089 , 3dbd01f108700d3808fc3e8d83d68684.jpg ) [iqdb]
108079
>>108065
If there ever will be a 2nd run, which i doubt, people will go for someone who is not SDM related. I always wanted to try a Reimu or Sanae Route.

But a Ran Route is number one on my wish list.
>> No. 108080
>>I'd be happy even if we went with Remilia, I quite like the interaction between her and Jin.

You know, so would I. This Remi is fun.
Of course, people would use the fact that there's already been a story to have a route with her as justification for not going for her in this story.

In a way, though, that reason doesn't really make a lot of sense. After all, not all characters are written equally, nor are the stories they're presented in. In other words, it should be fully possible to pursue the same character in different stories and still have a different experience in each one.

While I would agree with the belief that such a thing would possibly prevent a lesser-pursued character from getting the spotlight, I believe that so long as you're still getting something new and/or interesting out of it, it's hardly a waste.

Besides, if the whole reason you would avoid going for Remilia is because you went for them before in another story, and don't want to risk repeating things somehow, then I would venture to say that you have more to worry about repeating things by going for anyone else in the SDM in this story's potential second run, since unless there are changes made in the characters (protagonist included) and the way things are set up, I imagine many of the events and interactions needed to get involved with the SDM a second time will be somewhat duplicate the ones from this run.

That's all assuming the majority of people would want to go for the SDM-focused path a second time, though. Still, if they do, I would gladly go for Remilia in this setting, over Patchy or even Sakuya, were it possible.
>> No. 108084
>>108080

in before Sakuya and Patchy fans start saying pedo, and they wouldn't stand for this.

And what to say of youmu, Keine (She needs a route badly, and imagine a Taisa-written Keine sex ed H-scene), Komachi, etc?

There's so many girls that have yet to get their day in the sun.

That's why few people want to repeat another route of the same cluster, since the way such things are structured, repeat events occur.

That and in general we'd have better luck pursuing actual students/teachers than the supporting non school going cast.

>>108079
You'd have better luck seeing that in HLA2.
>> No. 108089
>>108084
>>in before Sakuya and Patchy fans start saying pedo, and they wouldn't stand for this.

Which would be a very silly thing for them to say, since the main reason for such accusations for Flandre fans was because of her apparent mental maturity (or lack thereof).

>>And what to say of youmu, Keine (She needs a route badly, and imagine a Taisa-written Keine sex ed H-scene), Komachi, etc?

I'm merely saying Remilia would be my pick if we went the way of the SDM a second time. Keine, however, who I would really like to go for, since I and others have been waiting for a damn route with her since the WUiG days. The whole student-teacher dynamic would make it so much better, too.

>>That and in general we'd have better luck pursuing actual students/teachers than the supporting non school going cast.

Which is exactly why I've said that someone like Sakuya, as awesome as she has been in her few appearances in this story, would be best to pursue in a story that's better set-up to give her the spotlight. The whole school angle this story has just naturally limits the interactions you can have with certain characters. Of course, to be fair, it also makes interacting with other characters far easier than it would otherwise be. How many other stories can you say have ever put Kaguya and Flandre in the same room together, for example?
>> No. 108092
>>108089

Still they wouldn't stand to lose to someone who actually got a route in another story. If we were to repeat the SDM cluster, those factions would team up to crush any outside forces before facing off against each other.

But if we were to repeat the SDM events, which is not likely given Anon's nature, I'd think I'd choose Patchy (Just due to the fact that interacting with Sakuya would be hard considering how she's a non-school goer)

But Keine hasn't gotten much love (the closest is Harker's story; and god knows when that'd get updated next)

And I do agree about the mix of personalities not normally possible.

But this story is a chance to pursue girls normally overlooked due to various reasons, such as Reimu, youmu, etc.

On the Flan matter, I don't think anyone will try that for a very long time, just due to the hate it brings. (And if Flandre didn't sound mature enough to be datable, no one would have gone for it, since even if there was a flan route in other stories, no one would pursue it just due to how creepy it'd seem with the Flans in them.) Still regardless of such a thing succeding or not, no one won't try it.

Though with the advent of certain stories, we might see more possible Rumia routes in the future, with more mature and smarter Rumias (not that much more mature or smarter, but not quite the adorably spaced out loli we know)
>> No. 108102
>>108084
>>108092

Paragraphs. Can't you use only one?
>> No. 108103
>>108102

Different subjects need their own paragraphs. I thought they taught that in english class.
>> No. 108112
File 126109619923.png - (195.42KB , 600x600 , 76fe2ed563b386779e6029c61fdd95ff.png ) [iqdb]
108112
66 posts even after autosage.
>> No. 108116
>>108103

But his posts are ugly to the eye.
>> No. 108239
The hell? Couple posts disappeared, including one that said there would be a update last night. One day late...should I get Doctor McCoy ready? (I'm kidding!)