[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125992432483.jpg - (300.47KB , 705x1125 , Batman.jpg ) [iqdb]
106311 No. 106311
God... Fear of God...

... fear... I have to make them afraid...


The slow, gentle beats of my heart, slowing down as I stagger from my car, through the doorway of Wayne Manor, my home, and collapse on a piece of furniture.

Father... I'm afraid I may have to die tonight.

The pale moon beyond the clouds, slowly tinting red from the crime, the corruption, the chemical miasma that has slowly risen since the rise of the Scarlet gang family, choking Gotham with its disgusting copper stench like a festering wound.

I've tried to be patient. I've tried to wait. But I have to know.

The pain from my wounds pulses, screams, even as I try to calm down, to keep from giving in to the screeches my body makes for the sweet release of opiates.

How, father? How do I do it? What do I use... to make them afraid?

Weakness soaks across my body, staining the floor, the car, the chair, my clothes, my skin, the weakness of blood, of a man, not a concept.

If I ring this bell, Genji will come. He can stop the bleeding, in time. Another of your gifts to me, father.

The ancient mansion's smell of cleaning agents, of gentle fragrances, overridden by my failure, by the blood.

I have wealth. The family manor rests above a cave that will be a the perfect headquarters... even a butler with training in combat medicine.

... yes, father. I have everything but patience. I'd rather die... than wait... another hour.


My body slowly goes numb.

I have waited eighteen years...

The sounds of applause, of cheering, of the crunching of snow beneath the footsteps of a family.

... eighteen years since... since Zorro. The Mask of Zorro.

An alley, a happy family, and then, a strange figure.

Since the walk. That night. And the man with the frightened, hollow eyes and a voice like glass being crushed...

Two flashes. Two screams. Tragedy.

Since all sense left my life.

A crash! A shatter! I turn my numb head to the right, eyes glassy.

Without warning, it comes... crashing through the window of your study... and mine.

A large, furry, brown, winged creature crashed through the window, flying and screeching and flapping its wings angrily, its fury at one who would dare to impede its flight. Angry, red, beady little eyes glare at me for my impudence.

... I have seen it before... somewhere... it frightened me as a boy...

Will. Strength. Understanding. Enlightenment.

... frightened me.

My fist grips in resolution.

... yes, Father. I shall become a bat.

My hand moves, grasping the small bell, covering it in my blood as I slowly shake it from left to right, eliciting its tingling sound from slight brass.

>> No. 106312
File 125992437185.jpg - (23.69KB , 265x845 , Captain Reimu.jpg ) [iqdb]
106312
A year has passed since then. Such a long time, as I have slowly made my way from being a vigilante to being the Batman, a near mystical entity to many in Gotham. Things have changed. Dirty cops have been driven from their nests, drug dealers and thugs keep their business off the streets and behind closed doors, and crooked politicians scurry to avoid my attention.

Crime had gone down for a time, and Reimu Hakurei, one of the few clean cops on the force, had been promoted to Captain. I still went out on patrol nightly, and only Genji was privy to my secret. Wayne Industries had not found out what I did with its unused technology. All in all... a good evening.

And then, it all changed. As Genji, the ancient turtle that serves the Wayne family, floats over with the evening meal one December evening, before my usual patrol, he speaks, something he does quite regularly for a turtle, albeit one able to use sorcery.

"Master Bruce..." That slow, pondering voice. "It seems that Captain Hakurei wishes to speak with your alter-ego." The turtle, clad in a bow-tie and monocle, turns and nods his head towards the window. I look outside, and sure enough, the Bat-Signal: when I had last spoken with Detective (Now Captain) Hakurei, she spoke of setting it up in case she needed to reach me... and now she did.

I stand. "Very well. I think, Genji, I won't have time for dinner if Captain Hakurei needs to speak with me." As I head towards the old Grandfather clock that hides my secret headquarters, the Batcave, I hear him shout behind me.

"Master Bruce, if I may be so selfish, would you mind picking up a carton of milk when you are done with your second job?" A wisecrack. I don't respond, instead heading downstairs to equip myself before I leave.

~



~

I suit up, and head out. The car I use, a black, sleek, licenselesss model, perfect for speed and avoiding trouble. The liscense plate is fake, and the windows are tinted. For now, necessary until I can figure out how to construct a car capable of my needs.

The police station has few cars nearby, and nobody there seems to notice as I pull into an alley and get out. Lucky. I need to get a car that works around this.

The police station is less than a block from here, and it only takes a little bit of work to sneak there, off of the city streets. I climb up the fire escape silently, and come face to face with police captain Reimu Hakurei.

~

Captain Hakurei looks at me critically, alone on the roof of the police station: just as well, I didn't want any dirty cops listening in. I stare back at her, quietly, waiting, my silence speaking the unspoken question: "Why did you call me here?"

Hakurei relents, handing over a manilla folder filled with photographs. "Do you know who these people are?" I open it up. A young woman, with short, pale hair and pale complexion, under an umbrella, a woman with red hair in a cheongsam and a woman with white hair in a french maid outfit flanking her, as they walk down what appears to be Crime Alley.

The next picture in the folder is a regal man in robes reminiscent of the yakuza gangs in Japan. At his side is a katana: beside him, a wolf tengu with a more traditional sword at her side, a shield nearby. Both have pale hair and wear white.

"Do you know who these people are, Batman?" Captain Hakurei speaks up, prompting my reply.

[ ] Don't reply, just look at her.

[ ] I know who they are.
The first is...
[ ] Dr. Koishi Komeiji, of Arkham Asylum.
[ ] Dr. Cirno Whiterock, of Wayne Industries.
[ ] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
[ ] Nitori Kawashiro, of Wayne Industries R&D.
The Second is...
[ ] Rinnosuke Morichika, of the local Chemical Plant.
[ ] Unzan, the Spirit Familiar of Priestess Ichirin.
[ ] Youki, the renowned Japanese swordsman.
[ ] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.

Select your equipment from the following:

Equipment (locked): Batsuit (I), Utility Belt (I).

Utility Belt Pockets left: 8.

Cylinder Cartridges left: 10.

Available Items:

Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.

Batarang: 1/3rd pocket.

Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket.

Miniature First Aid: 1 pocket.

Rations: 2/pocket.

Flashlight: 2/pocket.

Oil: One Cartridge.

Cash: ---

Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.

Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.

Morphine: 1 cartridge, 1 dose.

Bolas: 1 pocket.

Evidence Bag: One cartridge.

Laser Pointer: one cartridge.

Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge.

Putty: 1 cartridge.

Fake Death Pill: 1 cartridge (One only).

Fake Death Revival Pill (One only): One Cartridge.

Smelling Salts: One Cartridge.

Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.

Batsuit:

Climbing Claws, Bat-Caller, lockpick, Body Armor (Light), Cape.


Any questions? Ask. Batman hasn't met this Elseworld's Lucius Fox, so he doesn't have badass shit like exploding batarangs or somesuch. If there IS something you want here that makes sense in this low-bat tech state without Grapnels, let me know.
>> No. 106316
[x] I know who they are.
The first is...
[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
The Second is...
[x] Rinnosuke Morichika, of the local Chemical Plant.

HURP DE DURP!
>> No. 106319
[x] I know who they are.
[x] Dr. Cirno Whiterock, of Wayne Industries.
[x] Unzan, the Spirit Familiar of Priestess Ichirin.
>> No. 106320
[x] I know who they are.
The first is...
[x] Dr. Koishi Komeiji, of Arkham Asylum.
The Second is...
[x] Youki, the renowned Japanese swordsman.

Oh god, i can clearly see Koishi in that role.
>> No. 106321
[x] I know who they are.

They are Remilia (pale skin) and Youki (Katana) but I WANT them to be...

[x] Dr. Koishi Komeiji, of Arkham Asylum.
[x] Unzan, the Spirit Familiar of Priestess Ichirin.
>> No. 106326
[x] I know who they are.

[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.

[x] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.
>> No. 106331
File 125993844552.jpg - (27.07KB , 604x450 , Angry catman.jpg ) [iqdb]
106331
Er.... can you guys pick your equipment, too?

You have 8 pockets and 10 capsule cartridges to fill with shit from the list.

Missnamed file.jpg irrelevant.
>> No. 106334
[X] I know who they are.
[X] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
[X] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.

Not a "choose your favorites" moment.
>> No. 106335
[x] I know who they are.

[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.

[x] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.

Guys, I think this is a "identify them correctly" choice, not a "fill in the gaps yourself" choice.

Since this is a general mission, I'd think

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag: One cartridge.
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.

I think you should bring this up again before Batman goes out for something else (Better preparation). But this should suffice for the time being.
>> No. 106340
[x] I know who they are.
[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
[x] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.



[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag: One cartridge.
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.
>> No. 106344
[x] Dr. Koishi Komeiji, of Arkham Asylum.
[x] Unzan, the Spirit Familiar of Priestess Ichirin.


[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag: One cartridge.
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.

Nice.
>> No. 106384
[x] I know who they are.
[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
[x] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.

I'm pretty certain saying otherwise won't change who they are. And Batman's not an idiot.

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag: One cartridge.
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge.
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.
>> No. 106385
[x] I know who they are.
[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
[x] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.

I'm pretty certain saying otherwise won't change who they are. And Batman's not an idiot.

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag: One cartridge.
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge.
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.
>> No. 106386
[x] I know who they are.
[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
[x] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag: One cartridge.
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge.
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.

It's about time a story like this showed up.
I'm hoping for Marisa as Catwoman.
>> No. 106388
File 125997584117.jpg - (194.50KB , 800x600 , Reimusmoker.jpg ) [iqdb]
106388
[x] I know who they are.
[x] Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM gang.
[x] Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Youkai Yakuza clan.

My eyes narrow as I look at the photographs, facts and data springing to mind as I look the pictures over. Remilia Scarlet, of the SDM Gang. She runs it with an iron fist and after the Falcones had been pushed out of Gotham she took over. Since then, her gang has been growing more and more power every day. It's because of her control of abandoned factories that the miasma has begun to set in. She is hardly seen without her personal servant: Sakuya Izayoi. The Clock Queen. I suppose if Captain Hakurei is calling on me to investigate Remilia, I'll probably find out why.

The other is Lord Tenma, of the Tengu Yakuza. He's been around for generation but it wasn't until recently, with the power vacuum the Falcones left behind, that he had started to become a major player in Gotham crime. Very honorable... for a thief. His followers are Tengu solely. Racial purity is an obsession of his, and he refuses to let anyone but Tengu into his group.

Both powerful crime lords. Both with plenty of money, firepower, and men. Yet, their men fear me, their money will not buy me, and their guns won't stop me. As powerful, cunning, rich, ambitious, and dangerous as these two are, scum is still scum.

"Remilia Scarlet. Crime lord of the Scarlet Devil Mansion group. Lord Tenma. Yakuza boss, of the local Tengu clan." Harsh tones color my statement, a growl that causes criminal scum to wet their pants. As Bruce Wayne, I've been told I sound like Kevin Conrey by socialites I've saved as Batman. It suits my purposes, better than the sound of a throat cancer patient's rasping. Captain Hakurei nods brusquely to my statement, her breath frozen in the crisp night air.

"They've been conducting a crime war, which is why that miasma hasn't shown up recently: Remilia's been spending resources trying to stop Tenma, men and money. That means their attention is diverted enough to keep them from buying cops, since they're spending all their green on men and guns. Hell, I'm an honest cop and I actually made it to Captain." A flash of her badge, a little bit of a smirk on her face, and the badge returns to the pocket. "I think now is the best time to prepare to bring these punks in. The gangs in this city have been at war for weeks, wearing each other down. You've brought some of their thugs in, I know you've noticed." It doesn't take much for me to confirm this in my head: she's right, a good third of crimes I've stopped in the past month or so have been gang related, and a decent chunk of that is born of rivalry too.

Pausing, Captain Hakurei pulls a cigarette from her pocket and lights it with a practiced flick. "Shikieiki, the DA, says that if you can bring one of their lieutenants in, Izayoi or Inubashiri, she can make them talk." Between sentences, a long drag. "Our biggest difficulty in getting these punks behind bars is that they're slippery as shit. We need hard evidence. Something that connects them to one of their many crimes. But you know what they say." She gives me a predatory grin behind the cigarette. "One step at a time. So it seems like the first goal is to bring in one of their lieutenants."

"Problem is, I don't have much more than this." Captain Hakurei growls slightly, her eyes mirroring her frustration. "I've got my hands full trying to keep Gotham from turning into a warzone. You're going to have to figure out how to find the lieutenants on your own." Noticing her cigarette is done, Captain Hakurei drops the cigarette on the ground, looking down to stamp it out with several angry stomps. "You know, you've been shaking this city up." And now she's musing. As we've worked together from time to time, I've noticed that Captain Hakurei has a hard time saying 'goodbye.' "Between you and the gangs, the petty crooks that..." A sign that it's time for me to take my leave. As Captain Hakurei begins to talk about the crime demographic changes in the city I jump back off of the edge of the building, dissipating into the night and leaving Captain Hakurei talking to herself. Rude, yes, but the night is yet young and I don't have time to spend time chatting needlessly with the Captain. Crime doesn't rest.

Sticking to the shadows on the way back to the car, I start considering my next options when it comes to finding where these criminals are hiding. They aren't like Falcone: they're not arrogant enough to publicly announce their hideouts, as opulent as they might be. Searching for incriminating documents would have to wait: finding them came first.

"H-hey?! Batman! Batman, where are you?!" Captain Hakurei's surprised yelling rings out in the night, interrupting my thoughts for but a moment. She must have just noticed my disappearance.

How will I get this information?

[ ] The usual way. Patrol, and scare gangsters until they cough up the information you want.

[ ] Trail a bunch of gangers after they've finished a crime.

[ ] Writein?

You know you have 10 total capsule spaces, right? Feel free to load up your belt, Bats is strong enough to carry all of it.
>> No. 106390
[x] The usual way. Patrol, and scare gangsters until they cough up the information you want.

A decent start.

if the current list his this:

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag x 2
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4; two packs
[x] Smelling salts x 4
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.
[x] Putty

Amended list. This should suffice for the task.
>> No. 106394
[x] The usual way. Patrol, and scare gangsters until they cough up the information you want.

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag x 2
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4; two packs
[x] Smelling salts x 4
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.
[x] Putty

List looks good to me.
>> No. 106399
[x] The usual way. Patrol, and scare gangsters until they cough up the information you want.

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag x 2
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4; two packs
[x] Smelling salts x 4
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.
[x] Putty

Of course that we're going for the SDM first right? Even making a deal with the Tengu, no?
I mean, if we have to choose between a bad guy with 'honor' and one without...

Besides, since the Tengu are weaker than SDM (or that's what I got from the last update) they'll be easier to take down after Batman's predictable but inevitable betrayal.
>> No. 106686
File 126012252745.jpg - (225.08KB , 582x826 , Sanae is a bitch.jpg ) [iqdb]
106686
Equipment noted.

[x] The usual way. Patrol, and scare gangsters until they cough up the information you want.

The car starts with a low growl as I drive back to where it all began: Crime Alley. Ever since I took up this mantle, I've started my patrols from there. The stains on the concrete stand the test of time, reminding me of the consequences of allowing the rot of crime continue unabated in this city.

I park and secure the car, walking to the alley outside the theater. Stains of ebony shadow are scratched away by slight flickers of weak, incandescent light from the nearby lamp post, a single ugly tower in a canyon littered by trash, feces, and blood. A haunted smirk comes to my face as I realize that Crime Alley hasn't changed since my parents' deaths. My body moves on its own, walking to the spot of my parents murder, and I look down, ready for the pain.

It hurts. Hurts to revisit the site of the gunshots, the pointless murder, my father's hushed last words, the sirens coming too late, my mother's grip on me as if trying to carry the memory of her only son into the great beyond. It hurts, the pain far greater than any laceration, bludgeon, or gunshot wound ever could. That pain is the only pain I allow myself to experience tonight, just like any night.

After a long while, my eyes close, my fists clench, and my breath comes out in a long sigh. It's time. With a whiish born of practiced movements, I grasp my grappling hook and throw it up into the air, catching onto a rusted fire escape with a resounding clang. And so the night begins.

~

To my surprise, my usual patrol route yields spoils almost too quickly. I think to myself that I might have to start taking different
patrol routes, if the scum know where I'm coming from and this is a trap. There is no such thing as too paranoid.

It's the shouting that alerts me to their presence as I stalk the rooftops. Threats and cries of anger from behind one of the local bars, the Lucky Spot. A pit of sex and violence, it's also a hideout for many of the criminals in this area. It's no surprise there's a fight going on back here: the SDM and the Tengu have been squabbling over it for the over a week now. This seems to be yet another of those brawls, and a good chance to get to interrogation.

Can't let them detect me. Tengu are notorious for their sensory skills. Thankfully I've had ninjutsu training, and as I slink closer to investigate the source, my feet make no sound- even against the asphalt and sediments built up through the acid rain. The smog doesn't hurt, either.

"What'chu always lookin' to pick a fight for, huh?!" Three stories below, six women stare each other down, three to a side, across a square clearing in the concrete jungle. Three of them bear the colors of the SDM gang: Red and black, two of them fairy maids with .38s, and the third with a Thompson submachine gun and in a suit, her long, green hair clashing with the clothes. "What? Scared of lil' ol' Kochiya, ya lil' umbrella huggin' punk?"

The "Umbrella huggin' punk" is flanked by what's obviously two Tengu ninjas, clad in loose Japanese garb. They each carry shuriken in their hands, obviously trained. They're looking at the SDM soldiers, so I can only assume that they haven't seen me. The woman they're protecting has heterochromia, one red eye and one blue eye, short blue hair, and some sort of strange umbrella in her hand. She's not Tengu. It occurs to me that she must be a mercenary who works for Tenma, or she'd never get those bodyguards.

"You can't fuck with me, Kochiya, not anymore! I ain't your goddamn bitch! One word from me and these two'll coat your insides with steel!" The six are engrossed in their own standoff, but it's only a matter of time before blood coats the floor.

The alley back here itself is pretty spacious. Several dumpsters adorn the sides of the place, as do numerous of fire escapes, and even a few pipes. The whole clearing is perhaps sixty feet square, with the only way out being a number of alleyways, used for dump trucks.

Disease has been found in Gotham. Time for me to treat it.

[ ] How are you going to take them out?
>> No. 106687
File 126012282622.jpg - (25.39KB , 320x480 , Bat Emblem.jpg ) [iqdb]
106687
I've taken the following Equipment list as the winning vote:

[x]Grappling Hook+Rope: 2 Pockets.
[x]Batarang: 1/3rd pocket x 3
[x]Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket. x1
[x]Flashlight: 2/pocket. x2
[x]Night-Vision Goggles: 1 pocket.
[x]Mini-Tool-Kit: 1 pocket.
[x]Bolas: 1 pocket.
[x]Evidence Bag x 2
[x]Laser Pointer: one cartridge.
[x]Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4; two packs
[x] Smelling salts x 4
[x]Swiss Army Knife: (One only), 1/2 pocket space.
[x] Putty

The blowdarts have an effective range of maybe twenty feet. Also, please keep in mind that your armor is level II Kevlar around the torso area, with some shock resistant padding on arms and legs, and that because of this certain bullets may or may not penetrate. Even bullets that don't can cause injuries to Bats: armor is not bulletproof, it's bullet resistant. Please be careful when you're out there getting shot at.

Good luck!
>> No. 106709
[x] Watch and wait. Pick off and interrogate the remainder, or the weakest looking that runs.
>> No. 106713
[X] Try to recall information on this Kochiya, be it the person right here or her family line.
>> No. 106717
File 126013760254.jpg - (45.25KB , 336x375 , Oracle.jpg ) [iqdb]
106717
>>106713
[X] Try to recall information on this Kochiya, be it the person right here or her family line.

The Kochiya family line has been one of the most prominent in the influx of Japanese immigrants, human or youkai, that Gotham City had been recieving about a hundred or so years ago, eventually making Gotham affectionately known as "Gensokyo" in some circles, based on the legends of an ancient sanctuary of youkai in Japan of the same name. The Kochiyas had a distinct advantage, however, in that unlike the majority of immigrants, they were rich. The family soon set up a moneylending business to the immigrants and combined with higher interest rates soon became an extremely wealthy family in the states, too, almost beating out Wayne Industries.

However, when the oil embargo hit in the 70's, the Kochiya's, who had invested heavily in Oil companies, were devastated. Money began to bleed from the company heavily and soon Wayne Industries purchased their company in 1982. Since then, the Kochiya family have had mixed opinions of Wayne Industries, with older family members feeling ashamed to have to bow down to white business, to the younger sort who just didn't care and tried to move on.

You have no idea who this girl is, but you can assume she's doing her own thing now.
>> No. 106726
[x] The two colorful characters in the middle are more likely to know where things are than the grunts. Prioritize their capture over the mooks; prioritize this Kochiya character over the umbrella-wielding one.
[x] Use the batarangs to knock out the guns on the SDM crew.
[x] Swoop in to attack the Tengu, specifically the bodyguards. Try to knock one of the ninja out first with the kick during the swoop.
>> No. 106794
[x] The two colorful characters in the middle are more likely to know where things are than the grunts. Prioritize their capture over the mooks; prioritize this Kochiya character over the umbrella-wielding one.
[x] Use the batarangs to knock out the guns on the SDM crew.
[x] Swoop in to attack the Tengu, specifically the bodyguards. Try to knock one of the ninja out first with the kick during the swoop.
>> No. 106799
>>106722
>>106726
>>106794
These votes are quite frankly, stupid.

I feel that it'd be safer and easier to simply wait for a clear victor in the fight and then disable them instead of running in proverbial guns blazing. Batmanon may have bulletproof (bullet resistant, but whatever) armor, yes, but the SDM thugs and Sanae carry sidearms, and people don't pack sidearms to look fancy when it's their business to well, carry guns and be threatening. Remilia and Sakuya are not idiots. I'm damn sure even thugs have decent training about guns and what to do when a whackjob in a batsuit attacks them.

Now, Inquisitor's usage of the word trained when referring to the tengu ninja also implies that simply dropkicking one of them is only going to just tick the remaining one off, and the one you kicked is most likely going to stand bak up and get ticked at you too, and despite Batman being Batman, I don't want to have to have him fighting six people all at once, since to be honest, you're the goddamned Batman and while people can expect SDM and Tenma drones to act in a stertypical manner, you, as much as I don't want to beat this meme horse to death, are the motherfucking Batman.

You are a whackjob in a batsuit that is every-fucking-where, and you have a reputation for a reason. Criminals hate you, and the enemy of your enemy is your friend, as long as your enemy's enemy is right fucking there and still possesses that nasty oxygen addiction of his.
>> No. 106806
[X] Wait for the moment when they tense up.
[X] Smoke bomb their asses. (I assume that this is contact smoke bomb, otherwise got to time this right.)
[X] Knockout dart the Tengus, going lower if nessacary.
[X] Swoop on the thompson wielder, feet into their face preferably.
[X] Punch faries, disarm them.
[X] Bolas the Umbrella one.
[X] Grab them and grapple away like the goddamn batman.
[X] At a safe distance tie up the suited one.

Terrible, but an alternative.
>> No. 106813
>>106799
Batman doesn't want criminals to die. He wants them to rot in jail.
Should he wait, a firefight will start. SOme goons may die (acceptable) but one of those two important figures might as well, and then he'll be at square one. Besides, as much as 'taking a side temporarily' is a good idea (I'd go for the Tengu, since they honor and all that shit) it just isn't how Batman rolls.
>> No. 106930
>>106799

Fair enough.

[X] >>106806
>> No. 106931
[x] Use the shark repellent bat spray.
>> No. 106934
oh my god what is this i dont even

[X] Wait for the moment when they tense up.
[X] Smoke bomb their asses. (I assume that this is contact smoke bomb, otherwise got to time this right.)
[X] Knockout dart the Tengus, going lower if nessacary.
[X] Swoop on the thompson wielder, feet into their face preferably.
[X] Punch faries, disarm them.
[X] Bolas the Umbrella one.
[X] Grab them and grapple away like the goddamn batman.
[X] At a safe distance tie up the suited one.
>> No. 107007
>>106813
>Batman doesn't want criminals to die. He wants them to rot in jail.
Alright, while my post might've suggested a Frank Miller approach to this situation (good Frank Miller, not batshit loco Frank Miller), I was just throwing out ideas because I didn't like the posts I quoted.

Let's go with >>106806
>> No. 107032
File 126034676986.jpg - (58.70KB , 1024x640 , Urban Myth.jpg ) [iqdb]
107032
[X] Wait for the moment when they tense up.
[X] Smoke bomb their asses. (I assume that this is contact smoke bomb, otherwise got to time this right.)
[X] Knockout dart the Tengus, going lower if nessacary.
[X] Swoop on the thompson wielder, feet into their face preferably.
[X] Punch faries, disarm them.
[X] Bolas the Umbrella one.
[X] Grab them and grapple away like the goddamn batman.
[X] At a safe distance tie up the suited one.


Screams, tension, panic fill the air in the form of screams and threats as I formulate my plan, glooming over them like some kind of phantasm awaiting its chance to suck its victims dry. It doesn't take long: simple, really, though with this many of them armed I won't have much time to fool around; if I mess this up, I'll probably take a bullet.

With deft movements I draw my blowdarts and a smoke bomb, hefting the weight with one hand while I silently descend the fire escape, old, creaking metal making no noise while I walk past it: a skill of ninjustu I've picked up during my training. Too caught up in the imminent bloodshed about to occur, the tengu ninja don't notice my approach, not til it's far too late.

"That's it, I've had enough of your whining, Tatara." The green-haired one growls, clicking off the safety on her thompson. "Time to eat lead." The one with Heterochromia, her body quaking in fear or rage, raises her umbrella.

Her high-pitched voice barely squeaks out, "Ninja, get 'er!" before I throw down the smoke bomb with a blur. It flies to the ground and pops, a sort of white-grayish burst of choking smoke spreading across the area, my own twist on the miasma that is released from the SDM gang's factories.

"W-what?!" "Boss, what the hell is that?!" "Shit, is this some kind of ninja trick?!" Shouts and screams of confusion erupt from the thugs, giving me a distraction, but not one that'll last long.

Vwip! Vwip! Like some kind of blown kiss of death I fire the blowdarts, shooting two shots to catch the Ninjas. Like Sandman's barbs, the darts zip down and catch both in the neck, causing them to jolt in surprise.

They turn to look up to their unseen assailent but by then I'm already in a running jump, swooping downwards while gripping both sides of my cape, making the appearance of a guided missile of shadow floating downwards to wax vengeance upon the wicked.

The green haired woman doesn't even notice my attack until it's too late. "Fuckit, I don't need to see to gun you do-" Wham. Her declaration is interrupted by my boots slamming into her face, knocking her senseless and to the ground under me before she can react.

"What the fu- Boss?!" With yelps of fear, the two fairies turn to their boss... and see me on top of her, delivering a slam to her temple to keep her out. Gasps from my left and right draw my attention, and one of the fairies elequiently describe the situation.

"Holy shit, it's the fucking Batma-" Before she can finish I'm too close for her to use the pistol. With practiced moves, I grab and yanking her hand towards me, extending the arm, before flipping the fairy over my shoulder, her arm sticking straight up in the air as she lands on her back. With a single move I elicit a sickening kraaack, my knee forcing the elbow to bend backwards and break.

"O-oh my god, don't kill me!" The other fairy squeaks in fear as I disable her friend, staggering back with her pistol raised. "Y-you're not real! You're just an urban myth!" The fairy isn't even able to register the blur of motion as I reach over and twist the pistol out of her hand, shattering her trigger finger. A standard chop to the side of the neck puts the fairy down, knocking it unconscious.

That just leaves the mercenary. I reach into my belt pouch, drawing the bolas, before a sound suddenly interrupts my tirade of violence:

Ker-klack. A shotgun?

[ ] Reaction?
>> No. 107070
As per general rule, all firearms are aimed either to the torso, to increase the chances to hit, or to the head, to increase damage. Use this:
[x]Make a low jump sideways and, in the air, turn and throw as many Batarangs as possible to the source of that noise.
[x] Better safe than sorry: After reaching the floor, roll and jump again, this time looking forward, into the nearest source of cover as fast as possible.
>> No. 107080
[x]Make a low jump sideways and, in the air, turn and throw as many Batarangs as possible to the source of that noise.
[x] Better safe than sorry: After reaching the floor, roll and jump again, this time looking forward, into the nearest source of cover as fast as possible.
>> No. 107165
[x]Make a low jump sideways and, in the air, turn and throw as many Batarangs as possible to the source of that noise.
[x] Better safe than sorry: After reaching the floor, roll and jump again, this time looking forward, into the nearest source of cover as fast as possible.

Kogasa's packing some serious firepower. Yeesh.
>> No. 107188
File 126042880656.png - (43.96KB , 800x1000 , kochiyazzz.png ) [iqdb]
107188
[x]Make a low jump sideways and, in the air, turn and throw as many Batarangs as possible to the source of that noise.
[x] Better safe than sorry: After reaching the floor, roll and jump again, this time looking forward, into the nearest source of cover as fast as possible.

I've got to get out of the way of that shot, or I'm a dead bat. Like a rolling mass of shadow, I jump to the right, my cape almost suggesting I'm sliding to the left. The BLAOW and zip of a shotgun blast and buckshot come to my ears, the small pellets zipping through my cape with lethal speeds.

Lucky, Bruce. Lucky.

Before I even land I'm already throwing a batarang back at my attacker, that Tatara mercenary. Like a metal bat, the small, black weapon zips through the air. An Omph! from Tatara's mouth confirms my lucky shot hit.

The asphalt kisses my side as I land, none worse for the wear while Tatara staggers back, stunned. My reply is fierce, vicious, a dive and somersault forwards to avoid any possible gunfire, coming up with a two-booted kick to the face. The force of the attack sends her sprawling with a gasp, landing askew and senseless on the floor.

An almost strange torrent of silence overtakes the small alleyway, the previous clash of fists and firearms finished in a matter of seconds. Blood from Kochiya's broken nose makes strange, red footprints in the snow, and with a second glance around me, it seems that I am the only one conscious.

It takes a few moments to get Tatara and Kochiya tied up, using a bit of spare rope and the bolas. After all, I wouldn't want to interrogate them with the cops over my shoulder. Afterwords I make sure both are secured before calling the police with one of the Fairy's cell phones and leaving them for the cops. Once that's over with, and my batarang is reclaimed, I ascend the fire escapes with my new captives, intent on showing them the fear of the night.

~

The light snow seems entirely more prestine and different here on a rooftop six blocks away from the alley, what with no thugs or ninjas up here. The view of the city covered in snow from here was nice, a large difference from the low city buildings I just came from.

The reason why I chose this spot to do my interrogations was simple: It was the largest building in Crime Alley. From fifteen floors above the city. you could see most of the north quadrant of Gotham. Like a dressing over a sick victim, the snow gives the place a fake sort of purity.

It's also really high up, windy, and cold. Perfect for intimidation. A twitch from behind me reminds me of the two criminals I captured just a few minutes ago, both still unconscious. Above me, the moon rises, full and bloated, and it makes me wonder: Who should I intimidate first, and what am I going to ask her?
Who am I waking up first?

[ ] Tatara, the little Mercenary should be easy to crack.
[ ] This Kochiya. Time to teach some manners.
>> No. 107189
[x] Tatara, the little Mercenary should be easy to crack.

I can see Sanae being tougher to crack, or at least having some more spunk. Leaving Tatara in plain sight for her after she's been interrogated should help make our job a lot easier.
>> No. 107190
[x] Tatara, the little Mercenary should be easy to crack.
Weak!
>> No. 107258
File 126048735287.jpg - (298.30KB , 625x550 , Sleepgasa.jpg ) [iqdb]
107258
[x] Tatara, the little Mercenary should be easy to crack.

This small, frail-looking Youkai exterior is a sham, I can tell. Even if she seemed scared of Sanae, the girl obviously had enough courage to attack me, even if it was from behind. Thinking about this reminds me of the umbrella she was carrying. Raggedy, old, and beat up, the Umbrella was a sign that the girl was probably a Karakasa: a youkai that is born of abandoned umbrellas. But where did the shotgun blast come from?

Bringing the umbrella up to my face, I look over the thing. Bamboo wood frame, torn, purple silk cover.... and near the handle, a small lever and a button. The shotgun,it seems, was hidden in the umbrella. Of course. Clever. A karakasa, hiding her weapon in her umbrella? Nobody would think twice. Right. This girl, I could scare her into coughing up info about her employer.

Digesting these thoughts, I unhook the smelling salts from the utility belt with a quick snap, crouching to be next to the girl, and staring her in her closed, multicolored eyes. My face changes, meldin from that of a thinking man's to the face of an element, a nightmare, a creature of justice, pain, and fear.

So... how am I going to do this, I wonder?

[ ] Her umbrella. Wake her up and rough it up til she talks.
[ ] Well, 15 stories is usually enough to intimidate people.
[ ] She might be scared of Kochiya? Threaten to let the girl loose without restraints.
[ ] Something else.

Write-ins allowed and encouraged.
>> No. 107262
[x] She might be scared of Kochiya? Threaten to let the girl loose without restraints.
>> No. 107276
>>107262
Bad idea for many reasons, the least of which is trusting that our 'friend' will want to rough her up with us here.
Remember people, they're criminals and probobly more violent in this re-imagining of 'Gensokyo'.

May I suggest:
[X] Rough her up a bit, if that dosen't work.
[X] Her umbrella. Rough it up til she talks.
>> No. 107277
>>107276

The point is not actually doing it, but using the threat of doing so to make her talk, psychological stuff. Don't forget we're the goddamn Batman, we're good at this sort of thing.
>> No. 107304
[x] Ask her straight up if she's willing to talk, or if things have to get ugly. Make sure her umbrella is hidden for now.
[x] If she refuses, threaten to give her and Kochiya some alone time while she remains tied up.
[x] If she catches you on this or it doesn't phase her, use your knowledge about Karakasa and her umbrella to push her to the edge. Beat her with it a few times, and then hold out the putty, labeling it as an explosive and tell her you'll make the alley below a light show for a few seconds if she doesn't start talking.

If "blowing up" her umbrella doesn't get her talking, we can always just throw it away and move onto Sanae.
>> No. 107346
>>107304
[x] Ask her straight up if she's willing to talk, or if things have to get ugly. Make sure her umbrella is hidden for now.
[x] If she refuses, threaten to give her and Kochiya some alone time while she remains tied up.
[x] If she catches you on this or it doesn't phase her, use your knowledge about Karakasa and her umbrella to push her to the edge. Beat her with it a few times, and then hold out the putty, labeling it as an explosive and tell her you'll make the alley below a light show for a few seconds if she doesn't start talking.
>> No. 107368
[x] Ask her straight up if she's willing to talk, or if things have to get ugly. Make sure her umbrella is hidden for now.
[x] If she refuses, threaten to give her and Kochiya some alone time while she remains tied up.
[x] If she catches you on this or it doesn't phase her, use your knowledge about Karakasa and her umbrella to push her to the edge. Beat her with it a few times, and then hold out the putty, labeling it as an explosive and tell her you'll make the alley below a light show for a few seconds if she doesn't start talking.

He won't actually destroy the umbrella, right?
>> No. 107386
>>107368

Doubt it, since Batman rarely does more than rough up the common crook. The Joker, on the other hand is another story...
>> No. 107669
File 126082430211.jpg - (21.87KB , 227x853 , Sanae mobster.jpg ) [iqdb]
107669
[x] Ask her straight up if she's willing to talk, or if things have to get ugly. Make sure her umbrella is hidden for now.
[x] If she refuses, threaten to give her and Kochiya some alone time while she remains tied up.
[x] If she catches you on this or it doesn't phase her, use your knowledge about Karakasa and her umbrella to push her to the edge. Beat her with it a few times, and then hold out the putty, labeling it as an explosive and tell her you'll make the alley below a light show for a few seconds if she doesn't start talking.

The chill of the fierce wind, freezing cold slicing through her slight frame like icicles peforating a lost child, is what Kogasa Tatara, Karakasa mercenary, awakes to, her face throbbing, nose oddly stuffed with a slight dripping sensation and the overpowering stench of her own blood filling her shattered nose. "W-where am..." Kogasa blurts, her eyes spinning. "What happened..." A red eye and a blue eye take in the pitch black night sky, the subtle snowfall, the glare of city lights, and a bound woman, tied up... Kochiya. Fear first stirred in Kogasa's heart, fear of the woman who had been making her life hell since she'd offed one of Kochiya's fairies, but then a slight curiosity. Who tied her up? How did I get up here? Where a-

"Kyahck!" A strangled cry of pain escaped Kogasa's lips, as a large, rough hand yanked her up by her hair and twisted her head to face a... a shadow. A black shadow, enveloping the side of the building, only a pair of white eyes and the form of a mouth in a globe of darkness. No, not a globe, a creature of the night, some kind of Bat youkai, only a youkai could be this... this... She screams again, the grip on her hair tightening with a cold fury. Then, a voice comes from the creature, a voice from Makai itself.

"Where did you get the Tengu ninja, Tatara? Speak!" Memories begin to resurface at the mention of the ninja, Kogasa's mind slowly returning to the two who had been safeguarding he- Rip! "Tell me now." Several pieces of hair float down from Kogasa's head, the creature in front of her, who must be the Batman, a myth, or some kind of nightmare, she thinks it would have to be him, the way his eyes hold some kind of half-crazy glare of a person that seems ready to snap and snap on you, how else would he know her name? A blow to the stomach interrupts her train of thought. "Or else."

"I... I can't..." Kogasa manages to squeeze out, before being hurled into a wall, tumbling to the ground like so much pathetic scraps. The Batman approaches, eyes narrowing, fists clenching, looming over the mercenary. "Can't... talk about employer..."

"You think I care, Tatara?! Speak, or I'll tell the other girl just who let her get caught by the Batman, and let her loose on you!"

It takes two seconds for the revelation of what that threat means to sink into Kogasa's head. Two seconds of the idea of Kochiya holding her down, drawing that knife she keeps hidden in that little snake accessory, making do on her oft-said threat to carve her face, make Kogasa smile like her umbrella, laughing about it all the while, before she breaks.

The Batman did not need to go all the way with his interrogation: it would only take one threat, her greatest fear.

~

"I... I don't know who hired me!" Tatara screams, looking away from me. Not good enough: I don't think she fell for my bluff. Threatening to sic Kochiya on her was stupid, anyways; it's impractical for me to let the other girl go, and it might give her time to think inst- "But, but I know who sent the ninjas to work with me!" Wait, what?! It takes a lot of effort for me to hide my surprise, even with the cowl on. Kochiya must be someone she really fears. "There's these two women, the Aki sisters." The words are rushed, panicked, her eyes reflecting fear and awe. "They're not tengu, but they've got connections with the family! They live on the f-far end of the city, they gave me the ninjas! T-t-twenty-second avenue, 1511!" A hic escapes her lips as tears begin to flow from her eyes. "Please let me go, please, that's all I know, I don't even know why they hired me, I swear to the two goddesses!"

The once somewhat-dignified mercenary before me is now a broken, shuddering mess, trying to wiggle away from me as well as she can tied up. Useless: I probably won't get anything more coherent on her, but then again, I think she might not have responded to anything else aside from shouting tactics.

With a vwip I shoot Tatara with a knockout dart, sending her unconscious. Having her awake would be useless for interrogating Kochiya. Kochiya. She's probably with the Scarlet Devil Mansion: they're the only ones who take in Fairies for anything but cannon fodder. Her clothing, reminiscent of a gangster's, is uninteresting, but the two clips in her hair are worth noticing: they match the holy symbols of the Two Goddesses in appearance. A porcelain white snake, and a small frog token. She must be a follower of that faith.

With what I know, this gives me a few avenues of approach, and I take a moment to muse over them. I could be straightforward, and use the usual shock tactics, like I did with Kogasa: don't give the perp time to think, keep being violent or confusing the victim to keep them stressed and lower their ability to resist my questioning. There's also a good fifteen stories to help me with this: most scum get pretty scared when you dangle them off the edge.

And then there's the religious route. I'm not entirely sure what, but maybe there's some way to threaten her here, with some tenant of her faith or maybe threatening her Goddesses images. I haven't paid much attention to that particular religion, however, so I might have to improvise.

What to do, what to do...

[ ] Make a deal with her. Tatara for her information.
[ ] Just beat the tar out of her til she talks.
[ ] Something with her religion? (Specify with a write-in, please)
[ ] Wait, she's a Kochiya, right? Wonder how her parents would feel about this?


Sorry for late post, finals are coming up, and I've been spending time between that and planning out my trip back home.
>> No. 107671
>>107670
>craving the faces of other people
Needs a SanaexKogasa rapefic
>> No. 107678
[x] Wait, she's a Kochiya, right? Wonder how her parents would feel about this?
[x] Then ask her if her religion condones Theft, murder, and carving the faces of other people.

This is my shot at it.
>> No. 107681
File 126082780561.png - (442.99KB , 1000x900 , s.png ) [iqdb]
107681
>>107670
[x] Wait, she's a Kochiya, right? Wonder how her parents would feel about this?
[x] Then ask her if her religion condones Theft, murder, and craving the faces of other people.
[x] If that doesn't work, then beat the shit out of her until she talks.
--[x] If she passes out before talking, go down to a alley and throw her out of a two-story building... while she remains tied. Repeat process until she talks out or her life is in danger.

Don't blame for being bitter: I just read 'The Game'...
>> No. 107684
>Don't blame for being bitter: I just read 'The Game'...
dat green

[x] Wait, she's a Kochiya, right? Wonder how her parents would feel about this?
[x] Then ask her if her religion condones Theft, murder, and craving the faces of other people.
[x] If that doesn't work, then beat the shit out of her until she talks.
--[x] If she passes out before talking, go down to a alley and throw her out of a two-story building... while she remains tied. Repeat process until she talks out or her life is in danger.
>> No. 107697
[x] Wait, she's a Kochiya, right? Wonder how her parents would feel about this?
[x] Then ask her if her religion condones theft and murder.
[x] If that doesn't work, then beat the shit out of her until she talks.
--[x] If she passes out before talking, go down to a alley and throw her out of a two-story building... while she remains tied. Repeat process until she talks out or her life is in danger.

>craving the faces of other people.
Bruce doesn't know about that, I think. As far as I can tell, that was from the description of what Kogasa herself was thinking.
>> No. 107744
File 126084353447.jpg - (346.35KB , 639x775 , fbdb3808b097a1e63e7d634098b44f55.jpg ) [iqdb]
107744
[x] Wait, she's a Kochiya, right? Wonder how her parents would feel about this?
[x] Then ask her if her religion condones Theft, murder, and craving the faces of other people.
[x] If that doesn't work, then beat the shit out of her until she talks.
--[x] If she passes out before talking, go down to a alley and throw her out of a two-story building... while she remains tied. Repeat process until she talks out or her life is in danger.
[x] After the interrogation is over, leave the still-tied Sanae right next to Kogasa and call the police.
-[x] (To Kogasa) 'Tell your employer that the Scarlets are going down and so is he unless he stops with the gang-war bullshit. Ah! Before I forget' (Gesture to the tied Kochiya) 'Merry Christmas'
I want Sanae to get its just desserts, and, if possible, let those honor-bound dicks that its on their best interests to side with Batman on this one.
>> No. 107775
File 126084817313.jpg - (52.41KB , 360x594 , Sanaebaw.jpg ) [iqdb]
107775
[x] Wait, she's a Kochiya, right? Wonder how her parents would feel about this?
[x] Then ask her if her religion condones theft and murder.
[x] If that doesn't work, then beat the shit out of her until she talks.
--[x] If she passes out before talking, go down to a alley and throw her out of a two-story building... while she remains tied. Repeat process until she talks out or her life is in danger.

When Sanae Kochiya, first daughter of the latest generation of Kochiyas and most recently an enforcer for the SDM gang, woke up fifteen stories above ground, she knew what was going on even with that terrible, groggy feeling in her head. A brief, clear memory of some kind of shadow floating down and booting her in the head replayed in her mind, and she knew: she knew that the reason she was up here was because of the bat, that fucking Batman. Which meant, obviously, that she was about to be interrogated roughly, to try to scare an answer out of her. Sanae blinked a few times, looking around, noticing the black night sky, the snowfall, her bindings... and along the edge of the building she lay on, that same amorphous shadow that accosted her earlier. The shadow of The Batman.

And now came the thrashing, she just knows it. The Batman would come and lay into her hard, screaming and beating and being a fright, the fear that freaked the fuck out of most of the guys in the business. But not her, because she was ready for it. She knows what Batman's game was, how he acted and operated, and that he didn't kill, either; at least, that was one of the rumors she heard. But confessing would land her a worse punishment, both in the slammer and at Miss Scarlet's hands. So Sanae steels herself for anything The Batman was going to ask, steels herself to be ready for any question while his rasping words tumble from his throat...

"... do your parents know you're out here, Miss Kochiya?" ... except for that one. Sanae blinks, a puzzled look overtaking her features for a moment. How did he know her name? Was The Batman some kind of oracle as well? No, she couldn't let him distract her with talk. Not even about her parents. The Batman lets her be quiet for a moment, lets her pretend not to hear him, before he speaks again. "I guess not. You must be Sanae Kochiya, the runaway. You were on the news a few years ago, but they never found you. Why're you working for the Scarlet Devil?" Painful memories re-emerge, teenage anger and frustration of a childhood spent of humiliation. The humbling bows of her parents as they happily worked for the man who ruined their family name, the man who had bought out the company that the Kochiyas had worked so hard to keep in a new country.

"... would the Two Goddesses approve of what you do now, Kochiya?" The mention of the two goddesses brought out a more honest emotion in Sanae: shame. "The stealing, the violence, the murder, the drug dealing. Do you think they condone what you do?" Silence again, Sanae's face taking on a more striken tone, before she begins to reply, quietly, slowly.

"What else could I do? Mom and dad were happy to bow to that Wayne family, and I just couldn't stand listening to them talk about how great of a man he was when he humiliated our family!" The words are choked out, the protest halting, low. "So I ran away from it all, so I could be my own person, not the daughter of a failed family. Miss Scarlet, she understood, let me join her gang, aaid that now I can be my own person!" Slight mist began to form around Sanae's eyes, obscuring her vision of the shadow in front of her.

"But that's not what the Two Goddesses would have wanted, is it? To work with criminals, and victimize the innocent." That voice, so cold and yet so logical, drawing her away from her rigid feelings. "Every day, people who aren't involved in this gang war are dying because of it." Her fault, Sanae knew. At least some of her fault, for helping in this war. People dying, people who just wanted to live their lives and be themselves. People like her. "You can still do the right thing, Sanae. Tell me where the Scarlet Devil lives. Go home, live your life the way the Two Goddesses would have you, not the way the Scarlet Devil tells you to." Strange, what was this warm liquid sliding down her cheeks?

"But... but I can't, my parents, Miss Scarlet said they'd never take me back after I ran away, that they didn't love me..." A slight shake of the head, from beyond.

"I doubt the crime lord knows how your parents feel, Sanae."

"I..."

~

"Miss Scarlet... she has a friend... a magician, named Patchouli Knowledge. I don't know where Miss Scarlet's latest hideout is, since I worked for Miss Knowledge on seizing books, but she lives in several warehouses by the docks, with books stacked stories high in them. She might have files somewhere that would tell you where Miss Scarlet lives now."

Kochiya's words come to me through chokes and halted speech, looking down into the white frost beneath her as she gives me the information. That startling shock of green hair is something I haven't seen in Gotham since I was a child, and like her hair she professes a rarer sort in organized crime: the kid that got involved and just didn't know how else to live. Not all criminals were the same, it seems.

"Batman?" My fingers stop in the act of drawing the knockout darts to put the girl back to sleep, and I look at Sanae, lying bound. "Do you think... my parents will accept me back, even after so long." My response is quick and reflexive, knowing exactly how I'd feel if my child vanished for three years.

"Yes." Vwip. With a word I put her out, leaving both of my interrogation victims unconscious, and leaving me to plan out my next move.

Of course, it wouldn't be that easy. Nighttime was getting on this evening, especially with the most recent interrogations taking up so much time, and with having to do something with these two. I'll probably only have time to hit one of the two spots given to me tonight, and it'd be a challenge to get into both. Between the Aki Sisters, two of the fiercest Youkai gangsters in the city, and Patchouli Knowledge, a purported wizard of no ill power, I would have my hands full at either spot. Magic is a bit tricky, but if this woman's as close to Miss Scarlet as Kochiya would have me believe, than what she has there might be enough to get what I need to find Scarlet, and take her down.

On the other hand, the Akis aren't exactly useless in comparison: they have a lot of control over food and agricultural shipping, and finding out where certain types of foods are going might come in handy for tracking, as well, plus they don't use magic. I think the odds of them having information on Lord Tenma himself might be less likely, however.

So that leaves me at an impass. Where to, where to...

[ ] Leave the girls here, call the police.

[ ] Take...

[ ] Kochiya...
[ ] Her Parent's house.
[ ] Where she lives now.
[ ] The station.

[ ] Kogasa...
[ ] Where she is now.
[ ] Police station.

[ ] Go to...
[ ] Patchouli's warehouses. The risk is greater, but the payoff is more likely to be rewarding.
[ ] The Aki's place. A little safer, and their information might help to lead to more arrests.
[ ] Return to Wayne Manor for tonight, so you can hit both places tomorrow night.
>> No. 107777
File 126084838215.png - (153.81KB , 597x3862 , Grant morrison is nuts.png ) [iqdb]
107777
>>107775
>[ ] Where she lives now

Even.

In repentance for my fail, a picture of Grant Morrison being fucking insane.
>> No. 107788
[x] Kochiya...
-[x] Her Parent's house.
We can get more info and maybe ask for support.
Attacking one group right now will mean that the other will be read for him tomorrow.

Then again, I don't think that even Batman will be able to take down both Akis and Patchouli the same day and the police is so corrupt that it can't be trusted... is it possible to let one group know where the other one's hideout's is and let them fight each other? What do you think, anon?
>> No. 107789
[ø] Take...
-[ø] Kochiya...
--[ø] Her Parent's house.
-[ø] Kogasa...
--[ø] To Wayne Manor
[ø] Return to Wayne Manor for tonight, so you can hit both places tomorrow night.

Not sure what to do with Kogasa. We could hand her over to the police, I guess.
>> No. 107791
>>107788
An interesting proposal. Our job would be much easier if we could get the Aki sisters to go attack Patche... The question is, will they march in to Patche's hideout so easily?
>> No. 107794
[x] Take...
-[x] Kochiya...
--[x] Her Parent's house.

[x] Kogasa...
-[x] Police station.

[x] Go to...
-[x] The Aki's place. A little safer, and their information might help to lead to more arrests.

I figured we drop Sanae off at home as to try to ensure that she has a fresh start.

Kogasa in contrast is a mercenary (a possibly seasoned one), and might have gotten her hands dirty in the past, so a trip to the police station is a good call.

Hopefully this way Kogasa won't have to worry about Sanae now.

I think as far as the place goes, I think we should hit Patchouli's place when we're better equipped, at least as much as we can be.
>> No. 107801
[x] Take...
-[x] Kochiya...
--[x] Her Parent's house.

[x] Kogasa...
-[x] Police station.

[x] Go to...
-[x] The Aki's place. A little safer, and their information might help to lead to more arrests.

We can deal with Patchy once we get some more equipment. We're dealing with a spellcaster, and our gear isn't exactly anti-caster oriented right now.
>> No. 107821
[X] Take Kochiya to her parents'. Disarm her as appropriate.
[X] Leave Kogasa there. You'll come back for her.
[X] Patchouli's warehouses. The risk is greater, but the payoff is more likely to be rewarding.
>> No. 107908
[x] Take...
-[x] Kochiya...
--[x] Her Parent's house.

[x] Kogasa...
-[x] Police station.

It takes a bit of work to stash two tied up, unconscious women into a black car after dragging them down fifteen flights of stairs, but I manage to do it with minimal fuss and without being questioned about what is undoubtedly close enough to an abduction for the police to get involved. After that, only quiet, gentle breathing is all the sound that accompanies me on the way to the police station. Kogasa's breath has a sort of a slight whistling feature, while Sanae's is deathly quiet, prompting me once or twice to look at her chest softly rising and falling to make sure that she hadn't had a bad reaction to the knockout darts.

The snow's stopped again when I arrive at the police station Reimu's at. As I usually do with criminals, I unceremoniously dump the girl and her umbrella out onto the sidewalk with a shove and drive off, letting the police deal with the mess. A bit rough, but after tonight I doubt any lasting injuries would come of a two-foot fall out of a car door onto a sidewalk. People are more durable than one would think, especially youkai. With that thought in my head, I drive to Sanae's house next.

I've known the Kochiyas for a long time: Sanae's parents, before they had her, had helped me through my parent's deaths a time ago: probably the only reason I'm willing to let Sanae walk on this, if she behaves. The drive out of town, towards the rich homes beyond the scum and pollution of Gotham City itself, reminds me of both the sweet memories of both my parents and the family I had gained after, and the worse ones, the ones of empty homes without the same love and care that always came with it, devoid of the two people that made home home. A void, an empty shell, filled only temporarily by friends and distant relatives.

And now, my drive.

Sanae's house comes up on my right, at the end of a long driveway. This, I surmise, will take a bit more effort to pull off. It's simple enough to walk her down the driveway and drop her off on the front porch, but it'll take a long walk. My car stops silently on the asphalt, barely making noise as it slows across it, and with a swift motion it's off and I'm out; I've practiced getting out of the car as quickly as possible many, many times. Genji had his fill of snark that week. Carrying the girl is easy as well; her frame is light, soft despite her recent criminal lifestyle.

Like a slip of shadow in the night, I step silently down the driveway, making no noise in the gravel-filled road. Her face as innocent as an angel's, Sanae sleeps in my arms through the whole walk over. The lights in the house are out, of course; at this time of night, all but the crooks, thieves, and the bars are asleep.

A grip on my cape stops me from dropping Sanae off at the front porch: Sanae, a hand holding on tight to me before I drop her off; the grip of need, of wanting. A look of consternation adorns her face, lips tightened and brow furrowed. Thoughts of what I can do tonight flit through my mind; thoughts of what I can do here do too, briefly.

[ ] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[ ] Leave her, doorbell til her parents come down, and scram.
[ ] Something else?

~

[ ] Go to the Aki Sister's mansion (Not compatible with [ ] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.)
[ ] Go to Patchoulli's Warehouse (Not compatible with [ ] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.)
[ ] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.

Due to tie between [x] Wayne manor and [x] Aki sisters, according to what I read, calling a re-vote.
>> No. 107910
File 126094747494.png - (18.28KB , 290x290 , Satori Catface.png ) [iqdb]
107910
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.
>> No. 107914
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.
>> No. 107916
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.
>> No. 107919
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.
>> No. 107920
[x] Rape Sanae.
>> No. 107925
[x] Rape Sanae.

The author himself told me he was expecting more people to vote for this so let's indulge him.
>> No. 107927
[X] Rape Sanae.
>> No. 107928
>>107925
I was joking? Sage for no contribution.
>> No. 107929
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.
Purely to go against the rape vote.
>> No. 107930
>>107929
Don't worry, mine at the very least is a joke and would disappear should the option somehow manage to get people voting for it
>> No. 107934
[ø] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[ø] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.
>> No. 107937
>>107928
I'm the first guy to vote rape, and it was done as a joke. The proper tem would be bat-rape.
>> No. 107950
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.

>>107937
If I may ask, what's the difference between a regular rape and a bat-rape?
>> No. 107952
>>107950
What is the difference between a boomerrang and a batarang?
>> No. 107956
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.

We should do our part as to ensure that she doesn't fall off the path again.

That and we should prep ourselves for some considerable combat tomorrow.
>> No. 107958
>>107950
What is the difference between shark-repellent spray and shark-repellent bat spray?
>> No. 107982
[x] Go to the Aki Sister's mansion

For all the "goddamn Batman" references in here, we should probably act more like it.
>> No. 107988
>>107982

It's a meme, son, and frankly the actually "Goddamn Batman" was a massive dick, and not viewed upon so kindly.

And in context, Batman's actions make more sense (repaying the kindness her family did to him after his parents died)

And this might go a long way towards meeting her again in the future on more pleasant and peaceful terms.
>> No. 108020
File 126102044394.jpg - (118.66KB , 600x580 , Sanazzzz.jpg ) [iqdb]
108020
[x] Stay with Sanae til morning, if only to be a bat-bear.
[x] Return to Wayne Manor, the two places can be hit at once tomorrow.

... the Aki sisters and Patchoulli can wait. They probably should; The Aki sisters would have conventional weaponry and soldiers, but Patchouli is a magician, isn't that what Sanae said? I've never been a sorcerer; the Wayne family's always had a poor genetic aptitude for magic, and I don't have the gear I'd need to deal with sorcery. I'll have to get that from Wayne Industry's Applied Sciences department tomorrow; some kind of anti-magic equipment, maybe some armor or anti-scrying equipment. Of course, considering the girl I currently hold in my arms, I might just be getting distracted.

My rationalization has a point, though, and after a moment I decide to stay. Walking onto the porch undetected is easy, since security lights aren't too hard to avoid, and I go ahead and sit, letting the girl cling to me in her dreams. Her scrunched face and tight grip is a familiar behavior, one I used to do with Genji during my own terror-filled dreams. I wonder what nightmare she's having now? About her family, or the criminals she worked with, or the things she's had to do? Or maybe, maybe it's just the heffalumps and woozles. Before my parents died, I used to have nightmares about heffalumps and woozles. A thought occurs to me, about a song that dad used to play on his old record player while he worked at night, while I was in bed. My voice speaks up softly, as to not alert anyone to my presence, with deep, rich tone:

"Am I blue.... am I blue... ain't these tears in my eyes tellin' you?"

~

It's soon 4:30 in the morning, and I can hear the maid staff in the house beginning to stir and rise, a clear indication that it's time to go. Letting Sanae go is somewhat difficult; she's still gripping me like a vice, for one, but also in that she is warm, much warmer than the chill air around me as I pry her fingers off and leave her on the porch chair. A single ring of the doorbell is all it takes to gain attention from a maid inside, and I'm gone before she can get to it, leaving the Kochiya's and Sanae's peaceful, calm face behind.

Don't make me come after you again, Sanae.

~

My sleep is dreamless, the sleep of the dead, of the overworked. Long nights normally push me to my limits, but I can't afford to know limits. I'm Batman, after all. I always maximize how well I rest when I can, however, and thankfully a large, custom built bed assists with this. A dozen pillows, a form-fitting mattress, and some of the warmest blankets around, passed down the family, let me sleep in peace after I get home, and in relative comfort despite the dreamless sleep.

Then I feel a rough shaking on my shoulder, and a familiar scent of a particular strawberry scented shampoo, and I'm awake immediately, though I pretend to be drowsy. A voice I know, feminine, slowly rousing me from my sleep as much as a ray of light piercing through my windows. Damnit, I need to get those windows walled over.

"Bruce! Bruuuuuuuuuuuce! Wake up, Bruce! It's already ten!" "Yeah, yeah, wake up already!" That voice prompts me to open my eyes, and in the morning light, standing over me, I see my childhood friends....

[ ] Shikieiki, Gotham DA, and Komachi, her bailiff.
[ ] Alice, a model-maker for a hobby collectible/action figure company, and Marisa, her bohemian magician buddy.
[ ] Captain Hakurei Reimu, of GPD, and Yakumo Yukari, CEO of Yakcorp.
[ ] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters.
>> No. 108021
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters.

The best people to have helped us through our troubling times as a youth~
>> No. 108023
Actually, this is a 'who you want them to be' moment. But your analysis is excellent and you'll want to be keeping that detective skill intact.
>> No. 108024
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters
>> No. 108025
>>108023

Oh in this case... I'll keep that in mind though for sure.

[x] Shikieiki, Gotham DA, and Komachi, her bailiff.

And my Adjusted findings.

Shiki and Reimu would be too gruff to be saying that

Yukari would have a playful remark about sleep. (or that she might be doing this to playfully bug him)

Komachi might be half asleep, but she might raise quickly and quick to nap during down time. In this case I can imagine her doing it.

Satori would be a cool-headed sort.
>> No. 108026
[X] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters.

Considering troubling nights and poor sleeping habits are seemingly consistent with Bruceanon lifestyle I would imagine those two would be the ones he'd seek for some peace of mind.

Curiously wouldn't they, in particularly Satori, actually know of Bruceanons night life and are just that close for him to trust them with such a secret?
>> No. 108028
[X] Alice, a model-maker for a hobby collectible/action figure company, and Marisa, her bohemian magician buddy.
>> No. 108029
>>108026
god damn password fucked I meant to delete that post and alter my statement as follow

-Considering troubling nights and poor sleeping habits are seemingly consistent with Bruceanon's lifestyle I would imagine those two would be the ones he'd seek for some peace of mind and they in turn often check up on him out of friendship and such.
>> No. 108034
My logic for this?

>>108025

Shikieiki no doubt helped Bruce stay on the side of the law as opposed to straight out of it ala Punisher. He'd also count on her to tell the truth straight as it is.

And I'd figure Komachi'd be one of the few people who can get him to unwind for a time, a confidant for many things (perhaps even his double life)
>> No. 108035
[x] Shikieiki, Gotham DA, and Komachi, her bailiff.

I love Komachi.
>> No. 108037
[ø] Yakumo Yukari of Yakcorp. Aperture Science, a division of Yakcorp. has recently developed the Aperture Science Handheld GapPortal Device, and Yukari has given you a pre-production unit for testing purposes.
>> No. 108042
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters

I want this Batman to be more balanced and happier that the real one. Both because I just want him to be and to 'justify' his decision of forgiving and taking care of Sanae, even if 'twas for a night.
Having two friends whom took care of him since he was a child and, on top of that, know of his secret (due to their individual skills) and share, although partially, his burden, is something that the real Batman never had and thus, a step into the right direciton for me.
>> No. 108044
[X] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters
>> No. 108045
>>108042

What about the part of getting him to unwind, I wonder in your logic, since Bruce Wayne/Batman is someone known for not really doing that much at all. His mind seems 99% of the time on his war on crime; someone that can convince him to think of actually relaxing a bit would go a long way one way or another.
>> No. 108055
I have a brilliant idea.

[x] Shikieiki, Gotham DA, and Komachi, her bailiff.
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters

It's a party.
>> No. 108061
[X] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters

>Having two friends whom took care of him since he was a child and, on top of that, know of his secret (due to their individual skills) and share, although partially, his burden, is something that the real Batman never had and thus, a step into the right direciton for me.

I think a lot of fans of Batman one way or another felt that way before. He may have had partners and sidekicks but I don't recall him having any one on the outside take stock in what he did besides being Bruce Wayne. Makes one wonder what if he had associates or friends that knew everything...

[
>> No. 108062
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters

The man needs this.
>> No. 108073
>>108061

One might imagine Shiki and Komachi doing similar roles. Shiki might not know about his secret identify, but I'd think her words would be inspiring. Not to mention as a good morality radar (he could ask about Batman's actions and dependong on what she says, he might realize what is stepping over the line)

Komachi would be the one he'd confine in about things, perhaps his identity, she'd be another to keep him on the path, but in a kinder gentler way.

Just a counter arguement.
>> No. 108075
>>108073
yeah I wanted to make a fair argument for Shiki and Komachi but I couldn't think of a good way to write it down.

I have some good ideas for other things too but I'm no writer.;_;
>> No. 108082
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters.
The doctors are in.
>> No. 108085
>>108075

But it seems it's falling on deaf ears, I hope that they're amusing characters, since we don't need boring shrinks.
>> No. 108086
Anyone whose job it is to try to deal with the criminally insane can't be a boring person. Inq needs to bone up though on how to handle writing them though. I recommended him IPF as a decent characterization of Satori, though it wouldn't be that useful in here.
>> No. 108087
>>108086

I've noticed a dyanamic though between all pairs

A more serious one that'd tell it as it is (Reimu, Alice, Shiki, Satori), and a nicer one that knows how to have fun (Yukari, Marisa, Komachi, Koishi).

Still, shrinks aren't known to be amusing generally speaking. (Unless their last name is Crane, then there's a nice chance of some amusement)

but the sisters aren't an easy sort to write compared to the other characters.
>> No. 108088
>>108086
I don't believe it to be incredibly difficult seeing as how this Gotham is both 'Gotham' as we know it and 'Gensokyo' at the same time. Remember to what happened to most of Bruce's acquaintances and associates both close and brief? (I'm going off by the animated series more so than comics now due to memory)

Warning the following may be huge spoilers but those that know of the Batman franchise can guess easily...

Harvey Dent(Oh S---- no!), Matt Hagen, Harley Quinn(OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOO K-----!!)
>> No. 108090
>>108088

Interesting point but we shouldn't expect things to play out as expected, but I think one of the two won't have anything happen to them.

Yeah I can see how certain things may occur in a twisted way, even for the sisters. And them knowing Batman that well might backfire badly worse than others.
>> No. 108129
Shiki becoming Two Face would actually make a lot of sense, given her power. Not too sure about one of the Komeijis becoming Harley Quinn. I mean it's possible but without seeing what/if we have a Joker equivalent in this story, the plausibility of them having enough charisma to pull something like that off remains unseen. Makes me think of Remi potentially being our Joker given vampiric charisma, but she already has Sakuya to fill the role in of Harley so eh, who knows?
>> No. 108131
>Makes me think of Remi potentially being our Joker given vampiric charisma

"Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moon light?"

>but she already has Sakuya to fill the role in of Harley so eh, who knows?

"Bob. Gun."
>> No. 108132
>>108129

I'd see one of the sisters ending up the Scarecrow. If said person knew about Batman, he'd be in major trouble
>> No. 108135
So hey we're getting ahead of ourselves. As much as I'd like to see some more possibly awesome "interpretations" of certain beings, let's at least get this meeting with whatever choice currently is winning before causing the thread to autosage.

It's looking to be the Komejis winning
>> No. 108138
>>108135

Much to my disappointment, and even greater potential disappointment in the future. (What if he screws up the portrayal?)
>> No. 108143
>>108138
So far he's done quite well with Bruce Wayne considering us Anon are at the helm via choices/write-in. As for portrayals, I say keep an open mind as we should not expect complete copies.

What I'd like to see is an awesome reinterpretation of them done very well. I have faith in him doing his best.

Better yet, he may just in fact create homages both in the spirit of Touhou and Batman. Rather unique takes of the major players we know and hatelove.

BaneYuugi any one?! WELL?!

I actually shed a couple of tears at the thought
>> No. 108149
[X] Captain Hakurei Reimu, of GPD, and Yakumo Yukari, CEO of Yakcorp.
>> No. 108167
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters.

>>108138
If you're afraid that he may screw up their portrayal, then why bother reading this story at all? I mean, there will be other touhoes sooner or later so...

Besides, it´s impossible to 'screw up' a characterization in a CYOA: the characters are exactly how the author wants them to be. There are a few guidelines, but even those can be screwed up if the author feels like doing that will make the story better (P/E: Airhead Sakuya, Psyco Yuuka, Friendly Medicine, Shy Alice, etc etc )
>> No. 108168
>>108167

Air headed Sakuya is part of her canon personality (Not just the 'cold, perfect maid' that many folks flanderize her as in some stories)

though a purely pyscho Yuuka is a type of infamous fanon flanderization.

what'd be REALLY out there would be stuff like submissive Medicine (She's always one to promote doll independence despite the fact she's the only fully sentient doll).

That's asides from flanderizations found in questionable quality doujins (Like Tsundere/yandere Alice)

I just don't want to see this story ruined by the writer biting off more than he could chew. I remember the last time someone did that, it did not end well at all.
>> No. 108169
>>108168
>I just don't want to see this story ruined by the writer biting off more than he could chew.
Well, it's a risk I AM willing to take so yeah, we negate each other.

Give him the benefit of the doubt, at least: after all, the story is just starting.
>> No. 108170
>>108168

I don't think you have to worry. Inquisitor isn't Wiseman, after all.
>> No. 108176
>>108170

I was more thinking of YAF and his attempt at writing Yuuka and how that turned out: Badly
>> No. 108177
File 126117683151.jpg - (292.52KB , 946x1076 , Satorikoishisleep.jpg ) [iqdb]
108177
[x] Arkham Asylum psychologists, Satori and Koishi Komeiji, sisters wins the prize. Careful what you say, psychologists have a habit of seeing through bullshit.

Post delayed til I land home in Hawaii, it will be written over a 6-8 hour flight. Thanks for your patience, guys. See you on the other side of the pond.
>> No. 108178
>>108170
You're right.

He's worse.
>> No. 108184
>>108178
Geez mention you're in Hawaii and suddenly you're regarded as shit.
>> No. 108215
>>108184
It could be worse.
>> No. 108507
Inquisitor...?
>> No. 108516
He's still around, and working on it. Not sure when it'll be up though.
>> No. 108724
File 126181686752.jpg - (127.68KB , 850x680 , santa koishi.jpg ) [iqdb]
108724
You have no idea how hard it was to pry myself from my PS3 and do this update.

~

Seconds pass, my mind blank, my eyes swimming in my head, the names not quite grasping into my mi- Satori. Satori and Koishi. I've known them for years, we were thick as thieves as children, why did it take me so long to remember their names? It must just be sleepiness. I let my eyes open to the glare of sunlight, and there they are, sitting by my bed, in their usual office clothes. The two are satori Youkai: while not the psychic creatures their particular brand of Youkai once were, they are both fairly empathic and well suited for their positions in Arkham.

"Good mor-" I begin to say, before I'm suddenly interrupted.

"Good morning, Satori, g'mornin', Koishi." Satori rattles off before I can finish, finishing my sentence for me. Damnit. She continues speaking, as I scrunch up the blankets around me, covering the bottom half of the batsuit I forgot to remove with my blanket. "We're here because we don't have anything until this evening because of our meeting with our chief benefactor, Jackie White. Genji is making his eggs and salsa, Koishi and I are doing well, and we'll step out so you can put on clothes." Koishi, still wearing her sun hat, gives Satori a look.

"Hey, Siiiis, d-"

"Don't bully Bruce like that, and yes, Bruce." Satori smirks as Koishi gives her an irritated look. "I realize exactly how annoying this is." Errrgh.

"Alright, that's enough of that." I make a waving motion. "Get out, get out!" With a giggle, Satori gets up and heads out, Koishi giving her a look with cheeks puffed out, before turning back to me.

"I'll wait outside too, Brucie..." A grin comes over her face. "Unless you want me to stay and help you get dressed~" Haha, no. Maybe another morning I'd consider it, but she doesn't need to see my choice in legwear this morning. I shake my head. "Awww, alright." With a wink and a smile, Koishi leaves, closing the door behind her and giving me a chance to change. Phew.

~

Ten minutes later, I'm out in the dining room, chatting casually with the two sisters. Satori keeps her usual patient expression, this time avoiding finishing my sentences for me, while Koishi and I chat merrily, eating Genji's eggs and salsa. The sun shines brightly overhead, despite the winter years, casting a cheery light on the place.

"And so I tell this guy, 'Listen, Jimmy, you don't want a lush's lush, or you'll need a new brush!'" Koishi breaks out in laughter, slapping her knee at her own joke. "That joke's funnier every time I hear it. But, you know, Bruce..." A sly look goes over her face, Satori looking on passively. "What were you doing last night? I don't need to be Satori to notice that you had a long night last night~" Err, damn. A wink comes over her face. "Was it partying? I hear that new club on 51st and 2nd is a blast, maybe you were there? With a laaaady~"

"Well, you know me," I reply with a resigned voice, "always working." I wait a moment, for Koishi to put on a pouty face, then continue with: "... on and off the dance floor." The woman blinks, then laughs, the cheery expression returning. Suddenly, Satori speaks up, drawing my attention.

"Hey, Bruce. Do you know anyone named Jackie White in your social circles?" Jackie White? Who is that, and why does that name sound so familiar? I shake my head. "Are you sure? Because she's supposedly giving a large contribution to the Asylum, but I've never heard of her. I was thinking you might have since she's supposedly rich, but if you haven't..." Satori frowns, but Koishi just shrugs.

"Who cares? She's providing money, we're using it to help rehabilitate the mentally ill. The more the better, I say! We can do a lot of good! More doctors, updating the equipment...." Satori gives her a look.

"But if the money's dirty, we can't take it in good conscience." Satori's brow furrows as she speaks, her hands clenching. "It might be used to try to blackmail us. We have to keep ourselves unbiased when it comes to our treatment." Koishi frowns, beginning to speak up, the start of an argument I'm not very qualified to discuss, when Genji speaks up. Thank the turtle, savior of practice debates.

"Master Bruce..." The turtle floats in, speaking up. "I do believe you have several notices today. There's a meeting at three o'clock, that Mister Kochiya mentioned he won't be coming to, and you have an appointment at one-thirty with Dr. Whiterock; she wished to speak to you about the science division's funding, remember? I believe her email claimed it was 'very important.'" I pretend to frown in surprise.

"Mister Kochiya won't be making it?" I ask. "How come?"

"Something about 'his daughter coming home', Master Bruce. I do suggest you let it go." I nod.

"Of course, then. I'm glad to hear his daughter is back." Thank goodness for working with that Mahjong master in Japan, or else it'd be much harder to hide my smile. Well... it is getting towards 1:30....

[ ] Dr. Cirno Whiterock can wait, let's hit a restaurant with the sisters! Besides, I'm sure she'd understand.
[ ] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[ ] Maybe we should visit Kochiya, offer her a job?
[ ] Something else?
>> No. 108726
[x] Throw Koishi down on the floor and make out with her.
>> No. 108729
[x] Throw Satori down on the floor and make out with her.

Superior sister is superior!

In all seriousness though,
>Jackie White
We're in for fun, everyone!


[x] Dr. Cirno Whiterock can wait, let's hit a restaurant with the sisters! Besides, I'm sure she'd understand.
followed by
[x] Maybe we should visit Kochiya, offer her a job?

We can do both, and then use visiting Kochiya as our excuse for why we couldn't make it to the meeting.
>> No. 108732
Considering who Jack White is, who are this Elseworld's equivalent person for the various supervillains that will become Batman's Rogue Gallery? Also who will become Robin and what will the various superheroes and villains, like say Superman and Lex Luthor, be like in this Elseworld? Will there be a Justice League?
>> No. 108734
Marisa for Superman! Alice for Lex Luthor!

I think sticking directly to the Batman-verse would be best, at least for the time being. We can get crazy with things like that later on.

Medicine for Scarecrow. Freeze is out unless Letty snaps as Cirno comes down with some dangerous disease. Rinnosuke would have had a shot at being Joker due to his job at the start of the story, though he could potentially turn into Bane or something I guess. Orin as Catwoman probably. Yuuka as Poison Ivy is pretty much a given. Shouldn't speculate too much though or it'd kill the fun.
>> No. 108742
[x] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[x] Then go out for lunch with the sisters.
[x] If there's time, drop by the Kochiyas and offer the daughter a job.

I think the least we could do is honor our meeting points. And it wouldn't hurt to try to prevent some things from happening. (especially with the angle of having psychologists as friends might help Bruce soften up some).
>> No. 108744
[x] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[x] Then go out for lunch with the sisters.
[x] If there's time, drop by the Kochiyas and offer the daughter a job.
>> No. 108747
[X] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[X] After the meeting, flirt with the sisters some.
>> No. 108748
[x] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[x] Then go out for lunch with the sisters.

>If there's time, drop by the Kochiyas and offer the daughter a job.

Let's wait till it's actually appropriate as it's a bit sudden and may end up bringing around the bad blood that BM worked rather hard to push away for now.
>> No. 108750
[x] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[x] Then go out for lunch with the sisters.
>> No. 108752
>>108748

Good point since it's not yet known if Sanae's gotten over that or not, but I think she will in time get over it.

But on the flip side a nice steady job would aid in keeping her away from any kind of crime filled life.
>> No. 108755
>>108752
>a nice steady job would aid in keeping her away from any kind of crime filled life.

Perhaps Sanae's father will ask BW for a job rather than suddenly BW riding in towards her home to "suddenly" find out she does not have a job when supposedly no one knew where she had been nor contacted her since then.

Just my $0.02
>> No. 108783
>>108755

It's not like he'd knock on the door and go "Hey man, I heard your daughter came back and I figured she'd need a job.". Bruce would handle it with far more tact, asking them what their plans for the future are and then asking that if they don't have anything lined up, he could always find a job for her within his company.

Remember, we're Batman and we have a genius intellect as well as years of learning social skills. We're not a freak like Superman who has to subconsciously hypnotize everyone around him in order to prevent people from noticing the glaring truth of his secret identity.
>> No. 108785
[x] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[x] Then go out for lunch with the sisters.
[x] If there's time, drop by the Kochiyas and offer the daughter a job.
>> No. 108852
Does Bruce, in this story, act like a dim-witted, but good hearted playboy who gives lots of money to charity, when he's not Batman, like he does in the comics? I've never really read any DC Comics. The only real experience I've had with DC is with the DCAU created by Paul Dini.
>> No. 108853
[x] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[x] Then go out for lunch with the sisters.
>> No. 108954
File 126216175062.jpg - (239.65KB , 867x814 , Sistas.jpg ) [iqdb]
108954
[x] We should go see the doctor, it might be important.
[x] Then go out for lunch with the sisters.
[x] If there's time, drop by the Kochiyas and offer the daughter a job.

On one hand, I could spend some more time with Koishi and Satori, and it would be a pretty good time. I haven't had a chance to hang out with the two recently, what with the increase in crime and keeping up appearances as Bruce Wayne, and I do want to catch up a bit more. However, it occurs to me that if Dr. Whiterock, a woman who supposedly spends all her time locked up in R&D working on some project or another, is taking the time to see me, it might be important. Besides, I might get a chance to take the two out for lunch later?

"Alright, ladies, I should go." Koishi frowns almost excessively, giving me a sigh like a dejected child, while Satori just nods in understanding. "Sorry, but I should go see that employee." Koishi makes a grand motion, sighing.

"I see how it is, Brucie. You abandon your friends for the sake of business, I understand. Soon you'll forget all abo- ack!" A pale hand wraps around Koishi's mouth, leading her to wave her arms frantically, while Satori just shakes her head, before giving me a smile.

"Go ahead and do your work, Bruce." Satori speaks up with that calm, patient voice of her's. "We'll catch up later if you have time." I nod and thank her, getting up and letting Genji get the dishes, while Koishi shouts jokingly in the background, "Rosebud was his sled!"

"I'll see you guys after the meeting this afternoon. If I have time before your meeting with Miss White, we can go get dinner at the Night Sparrow, that hole in the wall?" Satori nods again, a slight smile over her face.

"I think we'd like that. We'll meet you there after your meeting, then." I open my mouth to repl- "See you later, too." Damnit. That's one of Satori's more annoying traits, but sometime it means that I don't have to say anything when we don't have to... like when you're a child and the worst's happened.

I leave Genji to take the girls wherever they want to go, while I take the Lamborghini to work. While some might consider the car a perk of being rich, I consider it a part of playing "Bruce Wayne." Fancy, expensive cars are flashy, draw attention to me, but if I don't use them people might start to wonder what the hell Bruce Wayne's doing with his money. Besides, this thing gets terrible gas mileage, and having to stop at a station every day or so is a bitch.

It's a clear day out, bright on the snow and the gleaming skyscrapers where I work, though the city I drive over looks not nearly so clean. Abandoned buildings and dark alleys that would look dark and threatening to the man I once was, to the common man, flit by as I drive to work, little cavities of shadows in the pearly white teeth that many of Gotham seem to try their best to ignore. Seeing them in my peripheral vision just makes me want to floss it all the more.

When I get to Wayne Tower, it's practically the same as it always is. I walk in the front door, take an elevator up to the 48th floor, where my office is. Wayne Tower is about 65 stories tall, but quite frankly I'd rather not be that high up without my costume. Speaking of which, I'm having trouble getting to high buildings with just a grappling hook. Maybe some kind of launcher is in order for R&D, I think.

Speaking of which, it's time for Dr. Whiterock's meeting. I wave to my secretary, Merlin, as I walk into my office: a nice, clear, posh sort of place with plenty of modern decorating and a nice portrait of my parents on a wall, with several bookshelves as well. The city skyline looms past the large windows behind my desk, my computer, paperwork, and a large plaque on it as well: "Bruce Wayne." I take a seat in my large, spacious armchair and recall today's tasks: a meeting with Dr. Whiterock, a meeting with the board of directors, and possibly dinner with the Komeijis.

I look up to call my secretary to send Dr. Whiterock in, reaching to the mach- holy crap, where did she come from?! A woman sits across from me at my desk, a woman in a lab coat with a blue work smock on, thick-rimmed glasses over two blue eyes and blue hair cut short, a green cap on her head. Across her modest chest is an old fashioned key, tied to a rope. The girl stares at me, eyes watching. It's actually somewhat awkward, since she isn't saying anything, just seeming to stare at me with a straight face. Uh....

[ ] Press the button on the desk. "Security."
[ ] Press the button on the desk. "Merlin, please call in Doctor Whiterock."
[ ] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
[ ] Staring contest. Bitch, you do not challenge the Batman to a staring contest.
[ ] Just wait for her to speak.
>> No. 108956
[x] Make small talk. "It will only be a one night stand, Miss."
[x] Meanwhile, press the button on the desk. "Merlin, please call in Doctor Whiterock."
>> No. 108959
[x] Staring contest. Bitch, you do not challenge the Batman to a staring contest
>> No. 108960
>"I think we'd like that. We'll meet you there after your meeting, then." I open my mouth to repl- "See you later, too." Damnit. That's one of Satori's more annoying traits, but sometime it means that I don't have to say anything when we don't have to... like when you're a child and the worst's happened.

Oh, Satorin~ With all that you do for us by putting our words in your mouth, I'd love to return the favour by putting something else of ours in there.

Anyways, no one messes with the bat! Bad Nitori!

[x] Staring contest. Bitch, you do not challenge the Batman to a staring contest.
>> No. 108961
Unfortunately he's not Batman now so keeping up appearances and such...

[X] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
>> No. 108962
[x] Staring contest. Bitch, you do not challenge the Batman nor Bruce Wayne to a staring contest.
>> No. 108963
[x] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
-[x] Remark that a little chat isn't a bad way to kill time until the meeting with Dr. Whiterock.

We're not in costume, and we should act like the infamous charmer that Bruce supposedly is. (Secret Identity, remember?)
>> No. 108970
[x] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
-[x] Remark that a little chat isn't a bad way to kill time until the meeting with Dr. Whiterock.
>> No. 108971
[x] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
-[x] Remark that a little chat isn't a bad way to kill time until the meeting with Dr. Whiterock.
>> No. 108972
[ø] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
-[ø] Remark that a little chat isn't a bad way to kill time until the meeting with Dr. Whiterock.
>> No. 108983
[x] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
-[x] Remark that a little chat isn't a bad way to kill time until the meeting with Dr. Whiterock.
>> No. 109130
File 12624131173.jpg - (201.38KB , 450x2500 , become-the-bullet.jpg ) [iqdb]
109130
Goodnight sweet prince.
>> No. 109168
[x] Relax. You've been prepared for things like this.
[x] "I'd be glad to discuss this with you, but I have a meeting coming up. Wait for me in my private chambers below."
[x] Push the good trap door button.
[x] Press the button on the desk. "Merlin, please call in Doctor Whiterock."
>> No. 109169
File 126248058747.jpg - (124.97KB , 615x580 , Nitorinerd.jpg ) [iqdb]
109169
[x] Ask this young woman how you can help her.
-[x] Remark that a little chat isn't a bad way to kill time until the meeting with Dr. Whiterock.

Act cool, act casual, I think. This isn't the first time I've been surprised while acting as 'Bruce Wayne, playboy millionaire,' and it won't be the last. Lucky for the girl across the desk, I didn't whip out the spare batarang I have in my pocket and throw it at her; that might have been difficult to explain. My face takes on a genial smile, leaning back in my armchair. "Hey there, miss...." I give her a second, but she doesn't say anything. Allllright. "... right. Now, how can I help you? A nice chat with you is a good way to pass the time til Dr. Whiterock arrives for her meeting."

The reply? Silence. Seconds go by as the girl just stares at me, and for a second I wonder if she's deaf, if she's been trying to decipher what my lips had been saying. I'm about to repeat myself in sign when she reaches into her purse, a small, brown number I have no idea about the branding of, and places a file on my desk, which I reach over to pick up, curious. It's the file of a car that Wayne Automobile was missing for a expo, a car without a license plate or on the market yet.... the car I stole, the car I use for my Batman outings. Shit, what's going on here?

"This car went missing a little over ten months ago." A sudden voice from the girl across from me, soft and yet critical surprises me, and I look up to see her looking at me over her glasses. "We thought it had been stolen, or misplaced, but when we activated the search beacon, it went to Wayne Manor. The engineers sent a private detective to investigate, but they never found anything, and chalked it off to faulty equipment." A push of glasses up the bridge of her nose, a mark of the start of her interrogation, and me wondering to myself how the hell I got so sloppy to not notice a homing beacon. "Out of curiosity, and tired of working on Dr. Whiterock's magnum opus of a project, I spent some time re-tracking the beacon, using vertical movement instead of pinpointing it on a map: to say, how high above sea level it was. Turns out, it showed up as buried underneath the ground, two-hundred and fifty feet under Wayne manor."

"I thought that that was impossible, since that's solid rock down there... til I looked at the blueprints of Wayne Manor." Her face is stoic as ever, but I think I can detect a slight bit of nervousness. "It is a little known fact that Wayne Manor's southeast foundation was notoriously difficult to place due to the extensive cave system that was discovered down there, which gave me an idea of where it was. But that still left one question." The girl across from me leans back, pulling out a small envelope, and placing it on the table. "Why did Bruce Wayne, a multi-billion dollar man, steal a car from his own corporation?"

"So I went ahead and investigated, with several cameras hidden amongst trees and rocks nearby the estate, on every known road, and waited. Soon, one of the cameras found this." She motions for me to open the envelope, and I find myself with little choice but to comply: I can't exactly beat her up. Opening it up, I discover a set of photos: the car I use on patrol, driving down a wooded road I normally use to get to the city undetected, since it's abandoned. Damn, damn, damn.

"Of course, in this day and age, one can remove tint from windows with a little software..." And right on cue, I change to the next picture. Batman. Driving the car. With my cowl off, must have been the time I had been injured and was driving back home to Genji: I can see the bleeding from my scalp. Goddamnit. Goddamnit goddamnit goddamnit goddamnit goddamnit.

"So, tell me, Batman..." The woman leans back. "What are you willing to offer to keep this a secret? And don't bother waiting for Dr. Whiterock: she's locked up in her lab, as usual. I set this meeting up, with her name."

[ ] Oshi
[ ] Oshi
[ ] Oshi
[ ] Oshi

~

>>109130

What the fuck, man, it's only been like a week.
>> No. 109171
[x] Relax. You've been prepared for things like this.
[x] "Let's take this discussion somewhere a little more private then, shall we?"
[x] Push the good trap door button so she lands softly on the bed below.
[x] Head down to see her.
>> No. 109172
>>109170
Sadly I had to change it because of an author slip-up, and it won't let me remove the post either. Not fond of the new one since it lacks the same flow but alas.
>> No. 109175
[x] Relax. You've been prepared for things like this.
[x] "Let's take this discussion somewhere a little more private then, shall we?"
[x] Push the good trap door button so she lands softly on the bed below.
[x] Tell Merlin that you might be a little late to your meeting with Dr. Whiterock.
[x] Head down to see her (Nitori).

We should also bang Nitori when we can.
>> No. 109179
[x] Compliment her on her cleverness.
[x] Inquire to what she would want from you, since you'd like to try to get her what she'd want not just to keep your secret identify secret, but to reward her for her cunning.
[x] Try to persuade her to help you out with R&B of new equipment. (If that is indeed not what she wants.)

Feel free to improve this

It's clear that
-the meeting was a rouse
-and she's on to Us as Batman.

But this is a golden opportunity to have her in our services making new stuff for us.

I think trying to seduce her is out of the question.
>> No. 109183
>"What are you willing to offer to keep this a secret?"
"Some hot dickings."

Seriously though, make her the head of Bat-Themed Gadgetry Research and Development.
>> No. 109187
>>109183

That's what my vote (>>109179 ) Had in mind. That and since he's caught in the act, he'd think more on how to deal with things and how to turn them to his advantage, not thinking of a way to get into a girl's pants.

That and we can perhaps seduce her later (Bruce Wayne may act like a playboy, but I doubt he had much measures in place just for the sake of seduction)

I suspect I'm one of the few that actually read some batman comics and seriously read up on the guy.
>> No. 109196
>>109187
Oh, I was well aware that Nitori is more than likely our Lucius Fox when crafting that vote. I won't go as far as to say I know a lot about how Bruce Wayne acts when he's Bruce Wayne, but I have at least gone beyond just the movies and cartoons when it comes to reading about him.
>> No. 109200
>>109196

Thing is Nitori more or less busted Bruce on being Batman, there's no way he could buff about it. (She has evident of him in the batmobile, which he 'borrowed' from his company)

So the best thing to do is to see what she'd want (seriously) and go about doing just that. Trying to keep up the Rich Playboy game might be insulting to her at this point.

Is it any wonder why Anon's said to be thinking with their dicks with all those votes of that nature. (Mind you, not to say doing something like that isn't a nice idea, just that this isn't the time.)
>> No. 109209
[x] Compliment her on her cleverness.
[x] Inquire to what she would want from you, since you'd like to try to get her what she'd want not just to keep your secret identify secret, but to reward her for her cunning.
[x] Try to persuade her to help you out with R&B of new equipment. (If that is indeed not what she wants.)
>> No. 109211
[x] Compliment her on her cleverness.
[x] Inquire to what she would want from you, since you'd like to try to get her what she'd want not just to keep your secret identify secret, but to reward her for her cunning.
[x] Try to persuade her to help you out with R&B of new equipment. (If that is indeed not what she wants.)

>Is it any wonder why Anon's said to be thinking with their dicks with all those votes of that nature. (Mind you, not to say doing something like that isn't a nice idea, just that this isn't the time.)

Anon's channeling the spirit of Tony Stark
>> No. 109212
[x] Relax. You've been prepared for things like this.
[x] "Let's take this discussion somewhere a little more private then, shall we?"
[x] Push the good trap door button so she lands softly on the bed below.
[x] Tell Merlin that you might be a little late to your meeting with Dr. Whiterock.
[x] Head down to see her (Nitori).
>> No. 109216
>>109211

Yes, trying to hit on someone after he's been outed would be something Tony Stark would do.
>> No. 109223
>Anon's channeling the spirit of Tony Stark

That would be [x] Drink.
>> No. 109224
[X] Compliment her on her cleverness.
[X] Inquire to what she would want from you, since you'd like to try to get her what she'd want not just to keep your secret identify secret, but to reward her for her cunning.
[X] Try to persuade her to help you out with R&B of new equipment. (If that is indeed not what she wants.)
>> No. 109226
>>109200
This is also why I said I wasn't as happy with the vote after Inq changed it to include Nitori mentioning that Dr. Whiterock wasn't coming. It lost a lot of its appeal to me and I struggled to turn it into something that wouldn't seem like outright playboy style but I couldn't manage it.
>> No. 109229
I'm suddenly reminded how much of a douche bag stark is...

DON'T DO IT ANON!
>> No. 109232
[X] Compliment her on her cleverness.
[X] Inquire to what she would want from you, since you'd like to try to get her what she'd want not just to keep your secret identify secret, but to reward her for her cunning.
[X] Try to persuade her to help you out with R&B of new equipment. (If that is indeed not what she wants.)
>> No. 109233
>>109229

Yeah Tony Stark actually IS a playboy when he's not Iron man, and his drinking is infamous among comic fans (as well as being a douchebag at times)

In contrast, for Bruce, if any habit gets the better of him, it'd be Being Batman and his war against crime. I'd also imagine Bruce wouldn't drink alot lest it puts him at a disadvantage later (That or he has something that cures being drunk)
>> No. 109234
[X] "I'm sorry, but let me see if I have this straight. You decided to solve a months-old crime in the veritable capital city of crime, and to that end you used multiple high-tech tracking methods to determine the location of the stolen item, researched some of the most obscure facts regarding the construction of my house, and lined the various roads that led to my house - roads that are quite probably on my property, no less - with a series of disguised cameras?"
[X] "Aside from the bit where you're blackmailing me, and quite probably broke several laws yourself to do it, I do believe that I'm in love."
[X] "Now, I don't think a woman as clever as you would try to blackmail me if you didn't already have something you wanted, so why don't you tell me what you're looking for? Bear in mind that if you're right, and I am Batman, the Batman, then you should probably be really careful with what you ask me for."

Nitori, I will marry you if you ask.
>> No. 109240
[x] Compliment her on her cleverness.
[x] Inquire to what she would want from you, since you'd like to try to get her what she'd want not just to keep your secret identify secret, but to reward her for her cunning.
[x] Try to persuade her to help you out with R&B of new equipment. (If that is indeed not what she wants.)

About Bruce and vices, from what I remember he despises addictions because of the one time he almost got hooked on Venom.
>> No. 109241
Along with that, he pretends to be a borderline alcoholic by pretending ginger ale is champagne.
>> No. 109260
Anyone remember that episode of Adam West Batman where he goes to a dance club, orders an orange juice, and gets slipped a Mickey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RqxHQOG7w
>> No. 109267
>>109260

Adam West Batman isn't modern DC batman. It'd take more than a mere mickey to get him out cold for long.

And if he were to get knocked out cold in such a fashion it'd be as Bruce Wayne for a non-batman reason or such.
>> No. 109307
File 126259106231.jpg - (317.95KB , 640x580 , sanae winter.jpg ) [iqdb]
109307
>It takes two seconds for the revelation of what that threat means to sink into Kogasa's head. Two seconds of the idea of Kochiya holding her down, drawing that knife she keeps hidden in that little snake accessory, making do on her oft-said threat to carve her face, make Kogasa smile like her umbrella, laughing about it all the while, before she breaks.

Face carving? Well a youkai would be good practice if you wanted to specialize in reconstructive surgery.

>However, when the oil embargo hit in the 70's, the Kochiya's, who had invested heavily in Oil companies, were devastated. Money began to bleed from the company heavily and soon Wayne Industries purchased their company in 1982. Since then, the Kochiya family have had mixed opinions of Wayne Industries, with older family members feeling ashamed to have to bow down to white business, to the younger sort who just didn't care and tried to move on.

Bad blood between families. One a traditional Japanese family with no room for acting out (e.g., engaging in risky sexual activity with youkai). The other family's scion is a playboy billionaire with nothing but time on his hands.

>"Something about 'his daughter coming home', Master Bruce. I do suggest you let it go." I nod.

Oh, I'm sure that it's all hugs and rainbows over there.

>while Sanae's [breath] is deathly quiet

You might even say it's hushed.

I'm not saying that's how it is, but if she starts quoting Aristotle, or if we get flashbacks to Bruce playing board games with her a child, or if she receives treatment from a psychologist with a dubious bedside manner, well I'd say all bets are off then.
>> No. 109331
>>109307

the bad blood seems to be from the Koyichas, since as far as I can tell Wayne Ind. brought their company as a sort of favor to them (saving them from bankruptcy or worse), since Thomas Wayne has always been described as someone who tried to help people.

But you do have an interesting point, but I wonder if we can perhaps prevent some villains from coming into being. (Though I know that there's no way to prevent the joker from coming into being, just due to the fact that the Joker is Batman's greatest enemy, that or Ra Al Ghul, I think that's how you spell his name)
>> No. 109338
We don't have to worry about Sanae becoming the Joker though.

She's already paying Satori and Koishi a visit later on after all.
>> No. 109350
>>109338
>Satori becomes Joker
do not want in any form at all
>> No. 109352
>>109350
Seconded. Bleh
>> No. 109361
>>109350

I doubt that'd be the case at all. If anything, she'd become the scarecrow
>> No. 109374
>>109350
>>109352
I think you guys misunderstood...
Jack White is one of the names the Joker commonly uses. Satori, and Koishi can't become someone they're meeting and asking us about, and Sanae doesn't have the financial resources at her disposal to be White.
>> No. 109380
>>109374
>Joker kills Satori
You're just trying to be a ray of sunshine aren't you?
>> No. 109384
>>109338
>the bad blood seems to be from the Koyichas, since as far as I can tell Wayne Ind. brought their company as a sort of favor to them (saving them from bankruptcy or worse), since Thomas Wayne has always been described as someone who tried to help people.

Well in the comics that's the original cause for the animosity between the villain who would become Hush and Bruce Wayne to begin with, since Hush's parents were abusive & neglectful, whereas Wayne's were not.

It's sort of the opposite of the Wayne-Falcone family situation, wherein the Roman genuinely seeks to repay a debt to Bruce because Dr. Thomas Wayne saved his life, while Bruce wants nothing to do with the Roman due to his mafiosi ties.

>> No. 109394
>>109384

I meant to add "From a few", since some of the family didn't care, some were grateful, while a few like Sanae, held it against the Waynes. (That might chance in the near future)
>> No. 109403
>>109380
Compared to your pessimistic outlook on everything I say? Clearly. I think we can trust Inquisitor to not stuff Satori into a fridge because I would do the same to him if he did.
>> No. 109404
>>109403
>Inquisitor has Satori vivisected and kept alive as possible, shock and infection notwithstanding.
It's like you're deliberately doing this to me.
>> No. 109471
>Inquisitor has Satori vivisected and kept alive as possible, shock and infection notwithstanding.

Did someone call for Touhou plus gorn?
>> No. 109479
>>109404
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StuffedIntoTheFridge
You need to bone up on your tropes, me thinks. Damn thing doesn't want to hide itself properly inside a spoiler tag for some reason, but oh well.
>> No. 109480
File 126276323693.jpg - (150.59KB , 634x848 , 1352b8144d85a6a7485ed4654ca6f779.jpg ) [iqdb]
109480
She's travel-sized!
>> No. 109482
>>109480
That's just low.
This isn't 4Chan's anonymous.
>> No. 109483
>>109479
I know about that trope.
>> No. 109486
>>109482

Really? It's hard to tell sometimes...
>> No. 109830
[X] >>109234
>> No. 110388
File 126378268285.jpg - (90.25KB , 450x418 , batorigin3.jpg ) [iqdb]
110388
Update you (ry
>> No. 111395
I liked this story...
>> No. 111398
Given the author, it isn't suprising. This is his 4th stalled story after all.
>> No. 112065
File 126605619429.jpg - (145.50KB , 783x900 , nitori.jpg ) [iqdb]
112065
[x] Compliment her on her cleverness.
[x] Inquire to what she would want from you, since you'd like to try to get her what she'd want not just to keep your secret identify secret, but to reward her for her cunning.
[x] Try to persuade her to help you out with *R&D of new equipment. (If that is indeed not what she wants.)

Well, this is an awkward situation. But I've been in awkward situations before, and I think I can handle this one. After all, she doesn't seem to be the type to sell me out to some thugs, no matter what she says. I can tell she isn't as used to this blackmail thing as she thinks she is. She also might have copies of the photos, but if she works here it shouldn't be too hard to find where she hid them, and it'd be foolish to talk to a near mythical man who brutalizes punks in the streets alone... unless she expected whatever she asked to be reasonable. Or had a gun, but she doesn't seem to have one in that smock of her's. So let's play along.

“Clever. Very, very clever.” A smile passes over my face as I lean back in the nice, comfy armchair. “I wouldn't have thought to check my side road for cameras; a bit arrogant of me. I suppose you're expecting something out of this, or else you wouldn't have been confident enough to come here alone. So, first off, tell me your name, then tell me what you want.” I lean forwards, changing my posture. “I'm curious what's so important that you'd blackmail me for it.”

A look of surprise passes over the girl's face, as if she didn't expect me to roll over just like that. “Er... I'm Nitori.” Off guard, the girl slips, giving me a chance to slip a hand into my desk, slowly typing in the name with a thumb while watching the girl. Then, a rush of words: “I got fired the other day! I want... er... I want my job back! And for you to check on what Dr. Whiterock is doing!” Wait, what?

I look up, my face of surprise mirroring your own. “All you want is your job back. And that's i-”

“And for you to look at Dr. Whiterock's current project!” Nitori interrupts, emphasizing her other point, and I nod appeasingly.

“And to look into Dr. Whiterock's current project.” Nitori nods enthusiastically, her glasses bouncing up and down her face. Hrm. Interesting, I think. She's got a chance to ask for millions of dollars, maybe even ten million a year for life, and she just wants her job and an investigation? Maybe I can turn this to my advantage. Just to make sure.... “That's it? No raise, no bonus, no ransom?”

A look of naïve surprise pops over Nitori's face that's almost cute, as if she had never considered asking for those things. “Uh...” A pondering look of consideration, as she thinks.

As she thinks, I finish the PDA search, taking a look down to see who this Nitori is: advanced computer science, R&D credentials from YakumoCorp's Metropolis Division, engineering doctorate, inventor, youkai: a kappa, to be precise. Left YakumoCorp due to what she cites as ethical differences, worked under Dr. Whiterock for three years before she was fired last week due to... “Unprofessional Conduct and Attitude.” Hrm.

“I got it!” A practical yelp causes me to look up to the girl. “A.... twenty percent raise!” I raise an eyebrow. “And... uh... and dental!” The other eyebrow. “... thirty percent?” A slight smile dawns on my face as Nitori squirms, the look of a person who has clearly not thought this far on her face. Her voice slightly deflates as she continues. “Employee discounts? Uh... a company car?” Yeah, I think at this point I can figure this girl might be really useful. I could use the help, too...

“Tell you what, Nitori. Let me make an offer.” I stand up, causing the already squeamish girl to sit up straight. “You get your job back, fifty-percent raise, dental; no discount, though, it'd be too much of a pain. I look into Whiterock's 'project,' and offer you a chance to work for me on extra stuff.” I pause, for dramatic effect, as Nitori looks up in surprise.

“Extra stuff, Mr. Wayne?” A nod in reply. Genji's friend, Alfred, is an actor, and thankfully he taught me how to keep in character, because it really does help in these conversations as Bruce Wayne.

“Yes. As you can tell, my car isn't particularly fitting for fighting crime, and to tell you the truth, my equipment could be better. So, since I notice you have such an inventive mind...” As I speak I walk, facing Nitori as I shift myself around to stand behind her; a subtle shift in power. “... I think you could help me fight crime. What better way to test your mettle as an inventor?” There is a moment, while Nitori considers this. “You'd get to help clean up Gotham, too. And besides, who better to investigate Dr. Whiterock's activities than the Batman?”

I loom over Nitori from behind, letting her stew, think, but at this point, I already know I've gotten her on my side. Her slight slump, the slight fidgeting in her fingers, her slightly bouncing knees; she's getting excited by the idea, the creator in her is anticipating a chance to build. Finally she nods, standing and turning to face me.

“It's a deal!” A grin lights up over her face, ready for action. I smile back, extending a hand.

“Shake on it, partner?” She nods definitely, and grips and shakes my hand, showing an alliance that will hopefully assist in the war against the crime of Gotham City. The beginning of an army dedicated to the Mission.
>> No. 112066
File 126605623748.jpg - (131.30KB , 402x400 , oracle.jpg ) [iqdb]
112066
“Bruce? Bruce? Are you there, Bruce? Can you hear me?”

The slight creaking of a wheelchair, the voice of a young woman hardened by what she's seen. “Bruce, it's me, Barbara. I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm here.” A black void surrounds me, confuses me, the woman's voice coming from everywhere at once.

“Bruce, I'm here for you. We're here for you... but we can't join you where you are. I'm sorry, but all I can do is what I've done for years... provide intel and information. I hope you understand.”

Suddenly, in the darkness, a light shines, and floating in this strange gloomy dimension, the silhouette of a woman with orange hair, glasses over hard eyes trying to be soft, and a strong upper body, clad in a black t-shirt and jeans. She sits in a wheelchair, I guess the one I heard, and both of her hands are extremely busy; a small laptop sits in her lap, as she types away on it. So familiar, and yet so unknown.

“Bruce, I'm going to help you all I can. If you have any questions about your world, ask, and I'll do my best to support you.” The woman looks up from her computer, and stares me straight in the eye, a look tender and hard....

Ask about.... Pick three (MAX.)
[ ] Magic
[ ] Youkai
[ ] Gotham City
[ ] Waynetech
[ ] Remilia Scarlet
[ ] Tengu Lord Tenma
[ ] Nitori
[ ] Dr. Whiterock
[ ] Batman
[ ] Bruce Wayne
[ ] Barbara?
[ ] Others?
[ ] Write in?

~

Sorry for the delay, gents. BACK TO SCHOOL SURGERY DRUGGED UP MAKEUP WORK EAR INFECTION MAKEUP WORK PART 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO took up the entire month. I'll do my best to update at least three times a week from now on; delays shouldn't come up again til ~may unless I get fucked up again.
>> No. 112073
File 126607474562.jpg - (84.74KB , 300x310 , whysoparalytic.jpg ) [iqdb]
112073
[x] Barbara? Who the fuck are you?
[x] Youkai Who the fuck are they?
[x] Gotham City What the fuck happened to this city?
>> No. 112082
[x] Tengu Lord Tenma
[x] Jackie White
[x] Dr. Whiterock

Our current criminal target, a benefactor we know nothing about, and the person we're supposed to investigate.
>> No. 112083
[x] Tengu Lord Tenma
[x] Jackie White
[x] Dr. Whiterock
>> No. 112088
[ø] Tengu Lord Tenma
[ø] Jackie White
[ø] Dr. Whiterock
>> No. 112090
[x] Tengu Lord Tenma
[x] Jackie White
[x] Dr. Whiterock

Interesting, the normal Barbra Gordon appearing as opposed to a Touhou in her role.
>> No. 112097
[X] Tengu Lord Tenma
[X] Dr. Whiterock
[X] The Two Goddesses religion

Batman got lucky when he used Sanae's religion against her. Plus, I get the feeling asking about Jackie White won't get anywhere or end up as an infodump about the DC universe Joker.
>> No. 112100
>>112097

>"Hey, Bruce. Do you know anyone named Jackie White in your social circles?" Jackie White? Who is that, and why does that name sound so familiar? I shake my head. "Are you sure? Because she's supposedly giving a large contribution to the Asylum, but I've never heard of her. I was thinking you might have since she's supposedly rich, but if you haven't..." Satori frowns, but Koishi just shrugs.

We've heard the name but we can't work out the danger behind it. Being able to tell Satori and Koishi aboud who they're dealing with when they came and asked us about her seems the logical thing to do.
>> No. 112103
>>112100
Or they'll get suspicious when Bruce suddenly has information about someone he already said he didn't know. Not a good idea around Satori.
>> No. 112107
[x] Tengu Lord Tenma
[x] Jackie White
[x] Dr. Whiterock

Works for me~!
>> No. 112110
>>112103
God forbid a rich business man have information contacts to help him out with such things. They won't find it that suspicious, if at all, if he turns up saying he had some friends look into them.
>> No. 112118
File 126611735594.jpg - (30.38KB , 300x300 , Babs laptop.jpg ) [iqdb]
112118
As 'Barbara' begins to speak, her voice takes on a lecturing, adult tone...

[x] Tengu Lord Tenma

“Tengu Lord Tenma? According to my data, he's a Yakuza crime boss, suspected in the involvement of a grand conspiracy and responsible for thousands of counts of blackmail, armed assault, theft, Grand theft, murder, embezzlement, and property destruction in Gotham alone. He also has a warrant for arrest in Japan on similar charges.

“Tenma got into power like all the other gangsters tend to in Gotham... shooting people in the back til he's on top. When the last Yakuza boss in Gotham died childless, Tenma clawed his way to the top, and replaced the other heads with people loyal to him. As Falcone might've said, the other bosses are stooges; if you get him, they'll all fold.

“As to where he is? He's hiding out, I think. His supposed place of residence is in Gotham's upper district, in a nice scaled apartment, but all we've seen come in and out of the place is a young woman, a relative of his; Aya Shameimaru, a reporter for Gotham City News. Hmm...” The sound of typing takes over for a moment, then more speech; “I've found some sources: you could try asking this Shameimaru, or cracking down on the other heads of the Yakuza families; there's a shipment coming in tonight in dock 14 that Tenma's bodyguard'll be at, too.”

[x] Jackie White

“.... that sounds familiar...” Once more, typing. “Jackie White was born April 23rd, 1975. She inherited her money, according to this, by the White Family, which came into power during the 80's doing stock trading and many questionable activities including possible insider trading. However, it seems that their daughter has dedicated herself to making the world a better place.

“Aside from stock exchange, like her deceased parents, Miss White spends most of her time funding and working on charity events, such as this most recent one for Arkham Asylum.” An evident tone of distaste flows over 'Barbara's' lips. “Gossip rags suggest this might have to do with her choice of best friend, one Doctor Kirisame Marisa... who is a psychologist at the Asylum.”

[x] Dr. Whiterock

“Doctor Cirno Whiterock's a scientist employed at WayneTech, specializing in medicine and biology. She's twenty-three; a virtual prodigy, having graduated from Harvard with top honors and a PhD at 17. This is made even more remarkable by the fact that she's a fairy. She worked for Lexcorp for a few years, before being fired for reasons involving 'Improper use of company funding and equipment,' and is currently working as head of WayneTech's medical equipment staff. She's recently been secluded in her laboratory, making it difficult for her aides to assist her; not that it seems to matter, as she's taken to reassigning them to other labs or firing them.”

Suddenly, a sharp pain pierces through my skull, reverberating, an echo that seems to tell me demand I stop thinking, listening, as if it were the ultimate sin against humanity. The woman's voice grows louder, screaming my name as it all fades away....

~

End of Issue #1 of Superstitious and Cowardly Lot: Beginning of an Enterprise

Starring Batman (Created by Bob Kane)

Tune in Next Time for Issue #2!
>> No. 112119
File 126611762664.gif - (6.54KB , 383x364 , Letters.gif ) [iqdb]
112119
~

Not that I'm an expert at writing comics, but it's mail time!

Before the next thread, feel free to throw in some comments/questions; if I can, I'll try to answer any questions that wouldn't spoil the fun.

Next thread should be up by noon PST tomorrow.
>> No. 112123
>>112119

It's a nice interesting story that isn't the same old same old. But I'd like you consider a scene one day of where Bruce takes Nitori on a hi-class outing with everyone wondering who the beauty is, unaware it's brainy lil' Nitori. But I know it's probably a stupid idea.
>> No. 112131
How does the justice system handle fairy criminals? What's preventing them from just killing themselves when they get caught and respawning somewhere else?

And are you going to update TH40K in the near future, or are you just focusing on this?
>> No. 112136
>>112123
Well, he still needs to play out the playboy posse for the public so...

Also: my plan has been from the beginning to cooperate with a criminal to bring down another. Will this be a possible action for batman, alignment-wise?
>> No. 112140
>>112136
Yeah I can imagine it being a case of spying with Nitori aiding in observations as well as a way for Bruce to show Nitori that while her brains are a great quality, it's not the only thing goo about her.

As for the other question, depends on the allied villain, since Batman has been known to work alongside catwoman a few times in the past. But compared to most villains in gotham, she's not that bad, being a mere thief as opposed to murders and complete monsters that are around.
>> No. 112189
File 126619788238.jpg - (23.30KB , 250x331 , Batman_the_Animated_Series_logo.jpg ) [iqdb]
112189
>>112123
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it!

>>112131
Metahuman precautions, mostly; certain technologies in prisons keep them from escaping that way, usually forcing a reincarnation indoors. This is certainly better than what it used to be; usually drugs, in the 16-1800's, and before that, less humane methods.

>>112136
Batman doesn't do killing or guns. The most notorious teamups he does tend to be with Catwoman, who went straight for a while in the modern age, and never was a murderer. I guess it'd be out of character for him to team up with murderers or something, but perhaps something could be worked out? Time will tell!

Till next time, readers!