[Return]
Archived thread

File 125925525065.jpg - (94.26KB , 450x637 , 7bdddddeb9d6ca8a7b650d4b65e37405.jpg ) [iqdb]
105337 No. 105337
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

“It has been a while since I've had some spaghetti, perhaps I should buy some noodles?” you say, shrugging aside Sakuya's comments, “Thank you for the soup, just ah, what is it anyway?”

“It's miso soup, a local recipe in fact. It might look a bit odd, but I assure you it is quite healthy. I find it doesn't taste too bad, but of course tastes vary from person to person.”

Peering into the bowl before you, you note there is only a pair of chopsticks on the tray, which seems to be utterly useless in use of drinking the soup, although it seems they're provided in order to pick out the solids. Carefully picking the bowl up, you reason the soup is meant to be drank directly from the bowl, while the chopsticks would be used to finish up the rest of the soup.

Taking a testing sip of the soup, you note out of the corner of your eye as Reimu seems to be complaining about something with the maid merely silencing her by placing the stand-up tray over the protesting miko and preventing her escape from the bed.

“Trying to leave so soon, Reimu?” you ask with a smirk.

“See, what did I tell you Hakurei? Miss Roots wishes you to stay, it would be rude of you to want to leave so soon!” comments the maid with a laugh.

Reimu blushes slightly and stares down at the tray in front of her, “W-well, I guess if you're fine with it Reina... uhm, thanks for the lunch too Sakuya. I don't get to sample your cooking very often, it's good, isn't it Reina?”

“It looks a bit strange, but it does seem to taste rather good. Thank you Sakuya, you're quite the accomplished cook.”

“Lady Remilia has quite the picky taste, and I rather find cooking enjoyable either way.” the maid retrieves her pocketwatch from within her uniform, flipping it open and examining it before snapping it shut, “I will tend to your garden miss Roots, and if there is nothing else needing doing I shall return to Lady Remilia? Would you like any fairy helpers today?”

Thinking back to your previous work with the fairy helpers, you quickly declined Sakuya's offer. The maid laughed, storing the pocketwatch away as she returned downstairs. Taking a drink of the green tea on the tray, you glance over to Reimu whom seems focused in finishing her soup and tea, you note her face is still a little red although far from the earlier moments, her face then may have been matching the red of her clothes.

“If you have something you need to do Reimu, you don't have to stay you know.” you offer, before taking a sip of the soup.

The miko stiffens, looking at you out of the corner of her eye, “A-ah, no it's fine Reina. I don't have anything planned for the day, I just... er, well that is... uhm... you don't mind if I just stay here, do you?”

“Of course not Reimu, you're welcome to stay whenever you want to you know, although I guess it'll be a lot easier for me to visit you at the shrine now with Genjii around. Come to think of it, this makes travel all around Gensokyo a lot easier, doesn't it?”

Reimu nodded her head, “Won't have to go around bumming rides off people anymore, and I bet before I know it you'll be flying on your own without the old turtle's help. Maybe it's a bit premature, but I have to say you do make me rather proud Reina, learning so much so fast, it's pretty impressive.”

“Am I learning faster then you?” you ask with a grin.

“Now don't go getting too big headed there! You're good I said, not great. I've got years of experience on you, I dunno, maybe in a few years I might be able to duel you without holding back too much.” countered Reimu with a smug grin,

The two of you laugh, and you shake your head in amusement. Downing the remains of the soup bowl, you focus on finishing your tea. You judge by the quiet downstairs that both Cirno and Sakuya have left by now, leaving the house vacant aside from you and Reimu. As you sit up in bed, you are struck by a sudden yawn, despite your attempts to stifle it.

“Guess I'm a bit tired, think I'll be taking a nap once I finish this tea here...” you think aloud, taking another sip of your tea, “want to join me?”

Reimu considers your offer for a moment, quietly sipping her tea as she does so, “... Sure.”

~

It's warm. Comforting. Safe. You feel the miko's light embrace, but yet when you move there's no sign of her. Actually, there's no sign of your room or of anything. How did you end up in a field? Sitting up, you look around you noting you seem to be in a completely nondescript field. The sun is shining down on you, and flowers litter the area, each in full bloom.

As you stand up and examine some of the nearby flowers, you notice they're nothing you've ever seen in your life – some of them seem to be sporting a yin-yang symbol and their petals alternate from red to white. Others meanwhile have petals of black and white, with a magical symbol drawn on them. Actually, now that you think about it, this whole placed seem to be well, aside from obviously not real, it seemed to be reflecting your life in some way...

“Interesting place, isn't it?” comments a voice from behind you, “I have to say, yours looks a lot nicer then the others.”

Looking over your shoulder, you see the youkai of boundaries appearing within this unusual field, she spins her parasol as she bends down a bit to examine one of the unusual flowers.

“How did you get here...? This place can't be anywhere real, is it like a dream or something?”

Yukari stands up, nodding her head, “In simple terms, yes. It's a dream, but at the same time it is not a dream. It's both real, but not real. This place,” the blonde youkai stretches her arms wide, “is a place the grimoire has created. It represents the things you have done in your life, since the grimoire has entered your possession. Can you figure out what everything in here symbolizes I wonder?”

“But, how did I get here, and how could you get here if it doesn't really exist?” you ask, frowning slightly.

“I'm not sure how you get here, I didn't create the grimoire after all. I just know that sometimes the owners end up seeing this place, I suspect they come here instead of dreaming like normal people. This place acts just like a dream, here you can wish things into existence, and things will happen as you want... that is, if you can control this place of course.” Yukari pulls her fan out and fans herself with it, “As for how I got here, well, there are few places, real or not, that I cannot enter~.”

“Well, why are you here then? Another checkup?”

Yukari laughs and nods her head, “Precisely my dear! You're very fascinating you know. I don't think I've seen lovely little Reimu so happy and content in quite a while, it warms my heart even if you're slowly stealing my cute little Reimu away from me.” the youkai laughs again.

- - -

Well, this isn't something you see everyday...:
[ ] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
[ ] Is there anything you have to ask Yukari? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Reimu Hakurei

>> No. 105338
I really have to stop forgetting my trip. As this is the start of a new thread, and I should've included this in the update, how about another "readers, meet the writer" moment?

That is if you have something you want to ask, ask it. While I can't tell you some things, obviously, I'll see if I can tell you something. Want an update on things not tracked? Ask!

On that same note, I would like some feedback as to how you think RiG is progressing. I've been trying to make each update have more 'meaning' and the votes to have more 'impact', rather then the old boring 'SO YOU WANT TO WORK NOW OR LATER?' format.
>> No. 105339
[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.
>> No. 105340
>it warms my heart even if you're slowly stealing my cute little Reimu away from me.”

Sounds like Yukari's jealous at Reina.

[c] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[c] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.
>> No. 105341
[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.

I forgot what I was going to ask Yukari about... dang.

I guess those flowers seem to represent Reimu, Marisa and Yuuka.
>> No. 105345
[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.


So I'm guessing the different flowers represent all the people we know, while the entire flower field itself represents Yuuka. And it seems there's more Reimu and Marisa flowers than anybody else, unless that was just a quick look.
>> No. 105346
[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.
>> No. 105354
[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.
This can't end well.
>> No. 105359
>>105345
Well, we did spent a few threads interacting with Marisa, and recently racking up points with Reimu.

[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.
>> No. 105395
[ø]You mentioned that this place looks much nicer than the others'; how did theirs look like?

Also, I'm not sure if Reina should confront Yukari about the way that the previous owners of the grimoire dying from its mysterious disappearance.
[maybe] (what do other anons think?) [ø] I was at the Hieda residence the, and she showed me the list of the previous owners, how how they met their death. The cause of death for people who lasted for at least a decade in Gensokyo died from losing their grimoire... Were you involved in those events...?

[ø] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[ø] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.
>> No. 105419
>>105395

I think most deaths were caused by some kind of Youkai attacking (save for that guy who died peacefully and the nut that pissed off Yuuka)
>> No. 105428
>>105419
actually 3 of them died from losing their grimoires.
>>103120
>Hideki,Lakatos,King
>> No. 105430
[X] "If my stealing her bothers you that much, maybe we can share?"
-[X] ... wait, did you just imply... ?

Hitting on the youkai responsible for binding us to a grimoire with a legacy of death for completely ineffable reasons?

Sure, why not?
>> No. 105436
>>105428

Then why did the scene of their deaths look like a Youkai attacked them as opposed to a a dead body with just blood everywhere without the whole getting torn apart thing.
>> No. 105437
>>105436
>However, he died when the grimoire was lost in the night one day, and he was found dead in his home. As I understand it, the scene was quite gruesome with blood everywhere, his last moments were assumed to be quite painful.
>Either way, he was also found dead one day and the grimoire was missing.
>When he died, he was quite missed, as you may expect the grimoire had gone missing.
King's death sounds like it could've been from old age, but the first to definitely are from the grimoire going missing.
>> No. 105443
>>105437
but with some of those that sounds as if the book could have vanished upon their deaths, not the other way around.
>> No. 105450
[X] "If my stealing her bothers you that much, maybe we can share?"
-[X] ... wait, did you just imply... ?
[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.
>> No. 105453
I'd like some clarification here:
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.

I'm not closing the voting yet, but I'd like to ask what you have in mind when you pick this.
>> No. 105465
>>105453
Basically testing where we currently are.

If this' a dream located in Reina's subconsciousness, we should summon the 'Reimu of her memories'
If this' a supernatural field caused by that Grimoire, we should (could) summon the real Reimu's mind into this place.

If it's too complicated or if isn't gonna work, then you can ignore that option. But if you can pull it off, I believe it was an interesting write-in.
>> No. 105529
File 125939526196.jpg - (471.07KB , 768x1024 , 3be0aaa917e08b91b910f49c4312beb8.jpg ) [iqdb]
105529
[x] If you're here, may as well take a look around see what you can find?
-[x] Try to 'control' this field. A good way to start would be to try and 'summon' one of your acquaintances here. Since Reimu is near your real body right now, try calling her.

You would be lying if you weren't a bit of a curious explorer, and here you were in a world created from your own mind. The urge to explore was simply too great, brushing aside the youkai's comments you take a moment to more carefully examine the immediate surroundings.

Aside from the unusual flowers, the area seemed normal enough – the sky was filled with clouds and a sun shined down upon the whole place. The field was mostly filled with flowers, with only a single tree off in the distance. The tree however, caught your attention and held it. Something about it seemed, different, but it was hard to explain. Everything else seemed to be... warm, reassuring, and pleasing. But this tree, while looking normal, looking at it seemed to fill your body with chills and you swore the area around the tree seemed just a bit darker then everything else.

You feel Yukari's hand lightly rest on your shoulder, “Be careful of what you explore here Reina. This place is of your creation, yes... but it's also created of your mistakes. And you're not immortal here, in fact, you're more vulnerable here then you are in Gensokyo itself.”

Looking up at the youkai, you notice she's looking rather sadly at something, and following her gaze reveals she's looking at the grimoire – but oddly, you cannot see what is on a single page of it. The grimoire gently closes shut, the latch snapping into place before it vanishes from view.

“What was that Yukari?” you ask, looking back up at the youkai.

“There is a time and place for everything my dear, and now? Now isn't the time for you to know what was written there. Don't trouble yourself~! Just...” the youkai's gaze lingers on the lone tree, “I would strongly advise you do not approach that place.”

Nodding your head, you turn your gaze away from the lone tree and focus on completing your examination. Off in the distance you notice something that surprises you, unless your eyes are fooling you, there seems to be a reddish structure far off in the distance, one that seems to strongly resemble the Scarlet Devil Mansion and when you search the skies again, you can pick out a few crows flying in the empty skies.

With your examination done, you decide to try something else this time. Yukari had said this place was like a dream, and that you could control it right? Well, you knew Reimu was right beside you in the 'real' world, so maybe you could see if you couldn't somehow 'think' her into this place? But, how would you do that? You really had no clue, and it wasn't like when you had dreamed you were usually consciously aware of it, or when you had, you never felt you could control it.

Maybe if you just thought really, really hard about it or something... just think about Reimu, think, think, think...

It's an odd feeling. It's like you can feel her, but at the same time you can't. It was like trying to grab hold of water, everytime you felt like you could 'feel' Reimu there, you could only 'grasp' open air. Your concentration is broken by a sharp jab in your forehead, opening your eyes you find Yukari staring quizzically at you.

“Are you trying to sleep standing up or something Reina? You know you can't sleep here, since you're already asleep in a manner of speaking...”

“N-no, I was just trying to see if I couldn't make Reimu appear here or something...”

The youkai's mouth turns into a mischievous grin, “Oh? Even in your sleep you can only think of Reimu! I didn't know you were just so smitten with her, ah~! Might I have to challenge you for Reimu's heart, Reina~?” teases the youkai, laughing as she pokes you in the head with her fan.

Blushing slightly you look away, “A-ahem! Uhm, ah... h-how would I go about leaving here, anyway?”

“My, my ignoring the subject are we? Well~! You just have to want to leave. Simple enough. Is little Reina already wanting to wake up to being in the comforting embrace of Reimu~? Perhaps surprise her with a morning kiss?” the youkai laughs again.

- - -

G-geez, Yukari...:
[ ] Question Yukari? (write-in)
[ ] Any last minute dreamworld things? (write-in)
[ ] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[ ] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?
[ ] Make some breakfast for you and Reimu?
[ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Write-in

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 105530
[T] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[T] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?
>> No. 105531
File 125939688910.jpg - (165.28KB , 1024x978 , escher-relativity-lithograph-medium.jpg ) [iqdb]
105531
[X] Ask Yukari some questions
- [X] Walk around Yukari a few times, as if to view her from every angle
- [X] Pause in front of her, looking sternly at her.
- [X] "We're friends, right? That means you'll let me in some secrets, right?"
- [X] "If we are friends, then answer me this."
- [X] Dramatic pause
- [X] "What are you going to dress up as for Halloween?"
- [X] "Next up: can I visit your house? I bet it'd be like one of those paintings where the stairs go everywhere and it looks like it isn't possible."
[X] Finally: "I wouldn't mind a wake-up kiss from you."
- [X] Wait, did you just...? Not again!
>> No. 105533
[x] The tree must be lonely. Hug it.
>> No. 105539
[x] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[x] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?
[x] Make some breakfast for you and Reimu?
>> No. 105542
[x] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[x] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?
>> No. 105544
[x] >>105531

I'm bored and this is interesting.
>> No. 105545
[x] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[x] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?

I think we should focus on work for the time being, though we should think of what to ask of Yukari for the time being.

And that damned tree.
>> No. 105554
[x] >>105531

Awesome.
>> No. 105565
[0] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[1] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?
>> No. 105566
[x] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[x] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?

We really should get it done, don't want to start looking unreliable to our customers, now would we?
>> No. 105578
[ø] Question Yukari? (write-in)
-[ø]"This 'little" question has always been nagging me. Why me, Yukari? Out of some 6 billion people of the outside world, you chose me, a sickly, lonely girl. It's not that I'm objecting my move to Gensokyo, but it just seems a little odd, not to mention that all the previous owners of the grimoire were males as."
[ø] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[ø] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?
>> No. 105584
File 125945489089.jpg - (232.22KB , 600x784 , 2a820073e0db4e85536d867337f53328.jpg ) [iqdb]
105584
[x] Guess you better 'wake up' huh?
[x] If it's been a whole day, isn't today the last day to work!?

As much as you would love to exchange banter with Yukari, her mentioning it was morning already worried you – you had to finish the mansion's job request by today, or you'd be late and risk losing credibility with Remilia. And considering you were going to her party only a few days later, it would probably end up resulting in a very awkward time during a time of celebration and fun.

“Er, well you know I do have work to attend to after all. If I just lazy around all day, I'll probably get in big trouble with Remilia...”

The youkai shrugs her shoulders, “Well, I guess since I'm attending that party as well it would be a bit... disappointing if you failed to help her prepare it. Ah, I guess I'll just have to wait until Halloween to entertain you once more my dear, do try to stay alive until then, alright~?”

“You make it sound like I seek out danger or something...” you say with a sigh, slumping your shoulders.

“I merely only observe common human traits! Like it or not, your kind seems to have some love of putting themselves in harm's way. Even ones like lovely little Reimu or tricky Marisa, although they have the power to back themselves up. But ah, here I am rambling about nothing! Until next time we meet my dear~!”

Then you blink and the dreamland is gone, replaced by the scene of Reimu's sleeping face. It takes your mind a moment to register just how close you are to her face, you can see her messed up hair, and feel her slow breathing on your fa- waaaaaaah!? Why are you focusing on that!? Moving around quietly, you do your best to leave your bed without waking the miko, to your relief it works without a hitch and the miko gropes around blindly until she finds your pillow, drawing it closer to herself as she mumbles something inaudible.

Quickly making your way downstairs, you resolve to lock yourself into your workshop (leaving a note on the door, of course!) in an effort to ensure no distractions can pull you away from your work.

~

You're unsure how long you were working for, all you knew is that after however long it was you could throw your hands up in triumph and admire your completed work. Every last piece of furniture that Sakuya had dumped on your doorstep days prior, finished! Not exactly with a lot of time to spare, but at least it was all done, right?

Throwing open the door you step out of your workshop triumphant! To your surprise, you don't see anyone immediately, poking your head around a bit you find Reimu seated in the kitchen, drinking a cup of tea, along with Sakuya, and interestingly enough, Yuuka. The maid offers you a reassuring smile as she stands up from her seat.

“I take it the work is completed then miss Roots?”

“I apologize on how long it took, I was cutting it rather close wasn't I?” you say with a nervous chuckle.
“Pay it no mind miss Roots, all that matters is you finished it on time. I suppose I must be going then, I have to round up the fairy maids to move all this, I will return with your payment then miss Roots.” placing her empty cup on the table, the maid inclined her head to Reimu and Yuuka, “Have a good day Hakurei, and you as well Kazami.”

Taking a seat at the table, the green-haired youkai offers you a cup of tea, which you politely accept of course noting the smell indicated Yuuka had, as usual, included her own blend of extras. Judging by Reimu's neat appearance, it was likely she had helped herself to your bathroom after your departure, that minor observation aside you did wonder when Yuuka had shown up.

“She came along not long after Sakuya's arrival,” noted Reimu, as if reading your mind, “Yuuka was waiting for you to emerge from your little hole.”

“Is it so wrong to have a look at a garden I helped grow, shrine maiden? I wished to visit my little flower as well, I feel we don't spend nearly enough time together. I'm doing quite the poor job of gardener, tending to her still blooming flower.”

“Do you really have to always speak in terms of plants...?” mumbles Reimu, looking at the youkai worriedly,

If Yuuka heard Reimu's comments, she didn't seem to react at all, “What have you been up to, my little flower? The plants tell me you have been spending a lot of time locked away in your little workshop, toiling away on something... would you care to tell me?”

- - -

Success, work is done! No way you can do Eientei's job though...
[ ] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[ ] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[ ] Ask Yuuka why she is here exactly?
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Sakuya Izayoi
> + Scarlet Devil Mansion (Reputation)

Yeah, it sounds a little... MMO-y, but I think it makes more sense. Consider that 1 point in Eientei to mean 'Reputation' now. I just recently updated the point totals as well, if anyone is interested.

I'm also seriously having a hard time finding 'normal' Yuuka images. That is none without her looking a little too... lewd, or possibly killing someone. I might have to start recycling old ones.
>> No. 105586
[x] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[x] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[x] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)
>> No. 105587
[x] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[x] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[x] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)

This seems good.
>> No. 105595
[0] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[1] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[2] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)
>> No. 105597
[x] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[x] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[x] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)
>> No. 105604
[ø] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[ø] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[ø] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)

>[ ] Ask Yuuka why she is here exactly?
This option sounds like as if Reina is suspicious of Yuuka being here: I don't see anything wrong with friends visiting each other.
>> No. 105617
Uh, guys?

> Success, work is done! No way you can do Eientei's job though...
>> No. 105620
>>105617

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Did that many days pass already!? Damn it's a repeat of training with patchy in GH in terms of sheer "Where the hell did the time go"
>> No. 105624
Hmm, I interpreted that as Reina is too tired at the moment to work on Eientei's request.

Kriss, do you mind showing us the points tally like last time?
>> No. 105627
>>105620
By my count, today in RiG is the 28th. SDM's deadline is then, Eientei's is the 29th. Picking up the costume is the 30th, and the party is on the 31st.

>>105624
No problem. As usual, those who wish to not know do not mouse over the following block of black.

Marisa Kirisame 19
Reimu Hakurei 17
Yuuka Kazami 14
Aya Shameimaru 7
Sakuya Izayoi 6
Cirno 3
Suika Ibuki 2
Mokou no Fujiwara 2
Keine Kamishirasawa 2
Remilia Scarlet 1
Alice Margatroid 1

Reputation
Eientei 1
Scarlet Devil Mansion 3

>> No. 105632
>>105627

Wow, I hadn't realized we had gotten Reimu up so high.
>> No. 105633
>>105632
It is all because of the snacks.
[x] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[x] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[x] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)
>> No. 105636
What's the scale for those points anyways? 0...255? -128...127?
>> No. 105637
>>105636
There isn't really a scale. Keep in mind not all points are weighted the same.

That is to say 1 point for <character> might not be "worth" as much as 1 point for another. They're not absolute either, think of them more as guidelines or some such, as to how much a particular character likes Reina.
>> No. 105642
[x] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[x] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[x] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)
>> No. 105646
I guess then we might want to inquire about what Eientei's job is since we do have two days, and I don't think it's as fiendishly hard as SDM's stuff.
>> No. 105649
>>105627

I thought Alice was going to drop off the costume as to spare Reina the trouble of going through the forest.

>>105584
It doesn't help that Yuuka is rarely shown in fanworks as a motherly figure, usually sex symbol or monster.

[x] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[x] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[x] Think of going to Eientei directly to find out the job details (time's a bit tight, but depending on the job, it could be done)

It's never impossible until it's too late.
>> No. 105652
>>105649
Picking up, dropping off... ok a big difference, but I just meant to say the costume will be in Reina's possession by then.

Update on the way, please wait warmly.
>> No. 105654
File 125951803666.jpg - (473.83KB , 526x800 , 0e1757a8b4c371876bb2fc82f7978a95.jpg ) [iqdb]
105654
[x] Explain to Yuuka about the request from the mansion for Halloween?
[x] How rude of you, you haven't even made breakfast or anything for Reimu or anything for Yuuka!
[x] Check your days and see about starting that Eientei job (not right now, but so you'd have an idea of what to do)

As you start to head to the kitchen, to prepare some breakfast, the miko quickly chimes in with a request for breakfast. You chuckle and agree to the miko's request, quickly going about getting the various ingredients as Yuuka waits patiently for you to answer her.

“Remember that party at the end of month? I was just doing some work for it, seems Remilia has an awful lot of furniture needing fixing.”

“I see. The scarlet even sends her personal maid to inquire about it? She must hold you in respect, surely she can't think you're an unreliable worker.”

“Thinking Sakuya might be just here to keep an eye on me, is that it Yuuka?” you reply with a laugh.

“I would not wish to imply my little flower is a lazy worker, she's quite the dedicated one. Even going so far as to find that elusive flying turtle, though I note he seems to have a knack for avoiding everyone, doesn't he?”

Come to think of it, you hadn't seen Genjii all morning, where was that turtle always going to when you weren't looking?

“Gramps has always liked being off to himself. He's probably not too far away though, I bet if you had a pond or something, he'd be there all day long.”

“A pond would provide an excellent location to grow some other plants as well, I've been wanting to experiment with some water-based flowers...” muses the flower youkai aloud.

Placing a plate of pancakes on the table, along with the last of your syrup (Marisa had really exhausted your supply, you should probably have bought more... but where will you find some around here?), along with some other things, you join your friends at the table. Reimu eagerly begins to dig into the food, a happy grin plastered on her face as she fills her plate to overflowing with food. You note Yuuka hardly places anything on her own, merely asking for some more tea.

Taking a moment to excuse yourself from the table, you examine the calender in your workshop, and take a moment to cross off the mansion's job from your list of things to do. Examining the note from Eientei you note it could be possible to finish it, while their request was rather large, it consisted largely of small things and nothing as complicated or requiring as much work as say, a table.

Still, it would be burning the candle on both ends, and probably prevent you from being able to do much else for the rest of the day, and perhaps most of the next as well. Pushing the thought aside for now, you did have your guests to attend to after all, you return to finishing up your breakfast.

~

By the time you finish cleaning the table, all your cooking utensils, and doing the dishes your home is further filled by Sakuya and a troop of fairies, busily moving the various furniture out of the house. You notice amongst the group are the ones who had helped you before (you couldn't help but notice they seemed to be sporting a number of bandages in various locations) but they make no effort to converse with you, seemingly too focused upon the task at hand. Geez, what did Sakuya have to do to earn that kind of respect from fairies?

“Ah miss Roots, here is your payment as usual.” the maid places a pouch in your hand, “And Lady Remilia wishes to tell me she looks forward to seeing you at her party. She also offers that you may bring a guest, invited or otherwise. Of course, that is up to you miss Roots.”

Nodding your head, you look at the small pouch resting in the palm of your hand. It certainly didn't contain money, unless Remilia had decided to pay you in only a small amount of coins, but whatever was inside it felt a bit too large to be coins. Tugging at the strings, you find to your annoyance they seem to refuse to budge, Sakuya seems to take note and plucks the pouch from your palm, frowning as she examines it.

“This must be one of Lady Patchouli's. She's been testing some various enchantments lately, I suppose Koakuma may have accidentally sorted this one...” the maid shrugs, she tugs at the strings and the pouch opens with ease, “I'm afraid I will have to keep the pouch, but I'm sure you're more interested in what is inside it, no?”

Turning the pouch upside down, the contents spill out into your waiting palm. It wasn't money, it was instead a small folded up paper and a pair of rings. Picking up one of the rings, you look at it noting it's made of silver with a ruby gem, and while you're no expert on things like this it seems to be extremely valuable. Unfolding the note of paper, you examine what it is written on it:

“Choose well.”

Choose well? What could Remilia mean by that? Pushing the thought aside, you refold the paper and pocket it. Sakuya looks at the rings resting in your palm curiously.

“I hadn't thought she would give those... ah, well no matter. I hope you don't mind Lady Remilia paying you in such an... unusual way, do you miss Roots?”

“Of course not, she's paid me a lot of money before and I don't exactly have much to spend it on anyway.” you reply shaking your head, “Please thank her for me Sakuya, I'll look forward to seeing her at the party.”

“She is looking forward to you being there as well miss Roots.”

- - -

What a strange payment...
[ ] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[ ] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
[ ] Why not ask Yuuka?
[ ] Ask Reimu?
[ ] Marisa, obviously?
[ ] Other?
[ ] See about getting Eientei's request started immediately. *
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

Now you may notice the lone * there. That's not a typo, of course but rather my way of signifying this choice will have a 'consequence'. Picking it means you'll be essentially 'autopiloting' Reina to do nothing but work on Eientei's request. You can of course, choose not too and still attempt to finish it in time, but that will be cutting it rather close.

Just as an advanced headsup, don't think failing a job has any negative impact upon Reina. There is only one if you accept the job then fail to complete it on time. There is no penalty to failing to finish an unaccepted job.
>> No. 105655
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?
>> No. 105657
[X] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[X] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[X] Why not ask Yuuka?

Marisa is just going to come barging in unwelcome, like always. Yuuka hasn't been invited, expressed an interest in attending, and would be quite a bit more well-behaved than Marisa. Granted, we might end up intimidating a few people with Yuuka on our arm, but even so...
>> No. 105658
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?

I want to see Yuuka's self-grown costume.
>> No. 105659
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?
>> No. 105661
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Yuuka
[x] Get that job started some so you can get some of it done.

I see no problem with this and Marisa's going to crash the party anyways. (I suspect that Marisa might be invited just as to reduce the havoc of her crashing the party; that and in canon, despite her stunts, Marisa's on nice terms with most if not all of the SDM.) That and Remilia will definitely invite Reimu.
>> No. 105662
[0] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[1] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[2] Why not ask Yuuka?
>> No. 105667
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?
>> No. 105674
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?

I think she'd enjoy it.
>> No. 105679
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?
Yeah, Marisa and Reimu are probably coming there anyways. I'm a bit worried about the
Marisa Kirisame 19
Reimu Hakurei 17
Yuuka Kazami 14

however, with the invitation and the results, we're going to have an extremely tightly tied top three, which may well get into the jealousy zone fast. Sorting that out is way out of anon's league.
>> No. 105682
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?

Yes, please.
>> No. 105684
>>105679

you're assuming that this is VNish; I doubt that's the case.

Sage for otherwise useless post.
>> No. 105688
x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?
>> No. 105701
[ø] Examine the other ring.
[ø] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[ø] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[ø] Why not ask Yuuka?

This sounds good.

Also, I wonder what Remilia means by "choose well".
>> No. 105703
>>105701
>Also, I wonder what Remilia means by "choose well".

I'm getting the feeling that this is one of those "Both rings have a certain power, you are only allowed to pick one, the one you don't pick loses it power" kind of thing.
>> No. 105704
>>105703

I think it's the matter of who Reina gives the second ring to.
>> No. 105705
File 125955193712.jpg - (380.18KB , 600x800 , a5706de24c50c73c433613e0ba09cd52.jpg ) [iqdb]
105705
[x] Sakuya seems to know what the rings are, ask her?
[x] Remilia said to see if you could bring someone, huh...?
-[x] Why not ask Yuuka?

Looking at the rings in your palm, you look back up at Sakuya curiously.

“You sound like you know what these are. All I can tell is they look like some very expensive and beautiful rings, but I guess there's some significance behind them Sakuya?”

The maid offers a slight smile in return, “Depends on how you look at it. A ring is just a ring of course, and it isn't like Lady Remilia has gifted you with any sort of magical trinket. Rather, they're rings with a specific purpose in mind... I assume the note said something rather cryptic, along the lines of say... 'Choose well'?”

“Has she done something like this before?”

“No not exactly miss Roots, but Lady Remilia often likes to give gifts such as that with similar odd sounding messages. I do think she derives a bit too much pleasure from her ability to read one's fate, but I digress. The rings in question have been in her possession for quite some time, before my employ with her, and I suspect she had intended to use them herself one day. Regardless, they're wedding rings miss Roots. Could you not tell?”

Your face blushes as you stare down at the rings in your hand. Now it suddenly all makes sense, the note meant to say Remilia hoped you would pick the one you would marry well. But who does she think she is, implying you're in any position to even think of getting married!? Yet, at the same time, Remilia can see fate can't she? So doesn't that mean she should know already who you'll end up marrying? But her note implies she merely knows you will eventually wed, and not that she knows whom.

Sakuya laughs at your sudden change in expression, shaking her head, “I apologize miss Roots. I hope you still intend to keep the gift, regardless of how awkward it may seem?”

“W-well it would be rude to refuse a gift... geez, Remilia implying I'm in any position to be getting married anytime soon...” you say with a sigh, slumping your shoulders.

“At the very least you can use one yourself, they do look rather pretty don't they? I'm a bit envious, they are a very nice set of rings.”

“T-thanks. I do wish I had a proper place to store them though, it would be terrible if I accidentally lost one or damaged them carrying them in my pockets...”

To your surprise, the maid pulled a small ring box out from somewhere, placing it in your other hand, “This would be part two of the gift. You didn't think Lady Remilia would forgot to give you a way to protect her gift? Do enjoy them, I must go and make sure the fairies don't slack off. Have a good day miss Roots.”

The silver-haired maid offered you a curtsey, before returning to her duties as overseer of the fairies. Storing the rings away in the box, you take a moment to hide the container up in your room, away from prying eyes, before returning to attend to your remaining guests (excluding the legion of fairies and Sakuya, of course).

Remilia had mentioned you could bring a guest, although to your knowledge she had invited practically everybody, she had also said you could bring along one whom was already invited anyway. Still, you knew Reimu was going to show up for the food, and Marisa would undoubtedly make an appearance (perhaps to raid the library, if what you hear is true), but Yuuka? Yuuka seemed to express no interest in wishing to attend the party, noting her presence is often seen as a bad sign to many but why couldn't you see if she wanted to come with you?

“Remilia pay you well as usual Reina? You'll remember to donate a portion of your earnings to me soon, right?” asks the miko with a grin on her face.

“Well, she didn't pay me in money this time but of course Reimu, I'll make sure to visit your shrine soon and make a donation. I wouldn't want to break our agreement, would I?”

“Depending upon the hard work of my little flower to sustain yourself shrine maiden? My, my I didn't know you were the kind to accept outside help like this so eagerly. You must be quite smitten with my little flower.” teased Yuuka, a smirk appearing on her face as Reimu's face reddens,

“I-it's not like that! Ne-nevermind...”

“Ah, Yuuka you know the Halloween party coming up, right? Would you like to come with me? Remilia had Sakuya tell me I could bring a guest, so...”

“Me? Attend a public gathering such as a party?” the flower youkai chuckles, “My, my such a bold request Reina... catching me a bit offguard as well. I suppose I have a few days to prepare a costume... but very well, how could I refuse a request from my little flower?”

“S-so bringing Yuuka, huh...? Guess I'll just need to keep an eye on you, make sure you don't go causing any trouble Yuuka.” comments Reimu, her tone hinting at a bit of sarcasm,

“Perhaps I shall finally have the chance to duel you once more shrine maiden? Maybe if I cause some trouble...” replies the youkai, her tone taking on that usual creepy, serious feel, “well then, I'm afraid I must depart if I am to set about preparing for this party. Shall I meet you here my little flower on that night?”

You nod your head, “Sounds fine. I'll be waiting Yuuka.”

The flower youkai raises from her seat and takes her leave, the fairies parting like the sea as she strides through them to the door. Reimu looks down at her cup before downing the last of her tea, placing the empty cup aside. She curls a strand of her hair around a finger, as she looks around lazily, there's an awkward silence.

“... Do you like Yuuka, Reina? I don't mean to sound rude or anything of course! But well, have you heard all the things about her...?” asks Reimu suddenly, “I-I mean, if you don't feel comfortable about this, I guess you can just ignore it but... I'm just curious... well, and about Marisa too... maybe I'm prying but...”

The miko sighs and shakes her head, “Do you want to maybe go have a lesson, or uh maybe go... I don't know... spend some time around the town or anything...?”

- - -

Suddenly, questioned!
[ ] Ignore Reimu's questions
[ ] Well, why not answer them?
[ ] Do you like Yuuka? (write-in)
[ ] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
[ ] Write-in
[ ] Reimu offering a lesson? Why not!
[ ] Any particular lesson you want? (write-in)
[ ] Spend some time with Reimu?
[ ] Plot out the day yourself? (write-in)
[ ] Let her decide
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Pair of wedding rings from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Yuuka Kazami
> Yuuka will meet you at home on Halloween night, don't be late!
>> No. 105707
It has been brought to my attention that wedding rings and engagement rings are two completely different things.

So let's have a mini "vote". Keep the rings as wedding rings, or just slightly alter things a bit to make them engagement rings instead?
>> No. 105715
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] I consider her a good friend and mentor, and she's a nice person deep down.
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Let her decide on what to do in town, maybe there's some nice places she knows about.
[x] See about starting that job later today.

Sounds like a good plan.
>> No. 105716
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.

I say change them to engagement rings if that makes more sense to you.
>> No. 105720
[X] Well, why not answer them?
-[X] Do you like Yuuka?
--[X] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[X] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[X] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

We're going to need more than two rings.
>> No. 105722
If the 'Reimu' section of the vote is left blank, it will be assumed to be denied by the way.

Unless you want me to count each part of the votes separately. Does that make sense?
>> No. 105723
>>105722
Oh well if thats the case, add
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
to my vote >>105716
>> No. 105724
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

Yuuka~

>>105707

Make them engagement rings.
>> No. 105725
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] I consider her a good friend and mentor, and she's a nice person deep down.
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Let her decide on what to do in town, maybe there's some nice places she knows about.
[x] See about starting that job later today.
>> No. 105726
[0] Well, why not answer them?
-[1] Do you like Yuuka?
--[2] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[3] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[4] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[5] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

Engagement rings for me.
>> No. 105728
>>105725
I don't think we'd be able to do both, so..
>> No. 105730
>>105728
You underestimate the amount of time in a day, especially when it's crunch time, and I never said finish, just start.

And it's a simple job.
>> No. 105732
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
>> No. 105733
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

I say engagement rings.
>> No. 105734
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] I consider her a good friend and mentor, and she's a nice person deep down.
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Let her decide on what to do in town, maybe there's some nice places she knows about.
[x] See about starting that job later today.
>> No. 105736
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
[x] See about starting that job later today.

[x] Engagement rings
>> No. 105737
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

[x] Engagement rings
>> No. 105747
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

[x] Engagement rings
>> No. 105750
File 125956618116.jpg - (12.72KB , 250x250 , diamond-bridal-ring-set.jpg ) [iqdb]
105750
Just make it a bridal set. Engagement ring with a matching wedding band for when you actually get married. You don't give yourself an engagement ring, it doesn't make sense to have 2 of them unless we're aiming for polygamy route.
>> No. 105753
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

Go for the engagement rings.
>> No. 105755
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
>> No. 105760
[X] Well, why not answer them?
-[X] Do you like Yuuka?
--[X] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[X] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[X] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
[X] Emphasize that Reimu is also your friend, as much as the others.
>> No. 105761
[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable.
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

Oh hey, we just got the blue feather, sweet.

I'm sorry guys. I really am. I was originally all for going for Marisa or even Yuka if that didn't work out. But I'm liking this Reimu too much. I will see that ring on her finger by the time this story is over, mark my words.
>> No. 105766
File 12595833669.png - (666.95KB , 800x906 , 3dfe166730ce4aaeffb26ec1f7166bdc.png ) [iqdb]
105766
>>105761
It seems we share the same sentiment. This Reimu is too awesome to pass up.

[X] Well, why not answer them?
-[X] Do you like Yuuka?
--[X] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable.
[X] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[X] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
>> No. 105774
>>105761
Such determination! You have my axe, whatever good it may do.


[X] Well, why not answer them?
-[X] Do you like Yuuka?
--[X] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable.
[X] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[X] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
>> No. 105779
I voted the way I did as not to go on any routes nor close any doors, since I want to see what happens (no real route preference)
>> No. 105781
I'll throw this out there, as I suspect it will have an impact upon all your thought processes, but I do not intend to 'routelock' RiG.

I find the concept a bit silly, personally. However, if you all really, REALLY want it, I shall consider it. As of now, there will be no routelocking. If you want to go about getting 'friendly' with Reina's friends, you just need to keep in mind there could be consequences.
>> No. 105787
[ø] Well, why not answer them?
-[ø] Do you like Yuuka?
--[ø] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable.
[ø] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[ø] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[ø] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

>>105781
no routelock is fine.
>> No. 105788
>>105781

That's okay, not as if there's anyone who would go as far as ruining a story because a character they don't like is winning.

That and I mainly meant the matter of closing off possiblities, not so much trying for a harem route. (Reina's too good of a girl for that)

But what comes is what comes.
>> No. 105789
[X] Well, why not answer them?
-[X] Do you like Yuuka?
--[X] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[X] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[X] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
>> No. 105791
[X] Well, why not answer them?
-[X] Do you like Yuuka?
--[X] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable.
[X] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[X] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

Yuuka: Mother figure.
Reimu & Marisa: BFFs
>> No. 105813
[X] Well, why not answer them?
-[X] Do you like Yuuka?
--[X] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable.
[X] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[X] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[X] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.
>> No. 105848
File 125963174460.jpg - (494.00KB , 700x525 , 150ceded2e992a6fcaf0db67076825e6.jpg ) [iqdb]
105848
Thank you for all your input on the wedding ring/engagement ring matter. The bridal set idea sounds the best to me, so we'll be going with that.

- - -

[x] Well, why not answer them?
-[x] Do you like Yuuka?
--[x] You do like her, when she's around she makes you feel happy and talking to her is enjoyable. You like her a little bit more than that though...
[x] Asking about Marisa as well? Well, she's your friend, right?
-[x] She is, despite her habits. She's your friend too.
[x] Anyway, if Reimu is offering a day on the town, then why not? It will be fun.

“Yes I do like Yuuka, in spite of the things I've heard about her, she seems very nice and she's done a lot for me. I guess she has her... creepy moments, but aside from that she's rather enjoyable to talk to.” you pause, “I'm not sure what I am to her but, well, I'd be happy to call her my friend. Even if I... well, n-nevermind...”

Reimu cocks her head to the side, “Well, from what I can see Yuuka likely holds you in very high regard. It's rare for her to call anyone by name, I can only think of Yukari off the top of my head. She won't even call me by name.”

“I have noticed that particular habit of her's. Does sometimes take me a minute or two to figure out who she's talking about, but you get used to it. As for Marisa, well she's my friend as well. She was the first person I really met when I came to Gensokyo, even if it was just because she had bumped into me and swiped my grimoire from me.” you laugh, ironically had you not met Marisa she probably would've kept the grimoire and you would've died out in the streets somewhere, or is that really ironic?

“Despite her rather... unusual habit of 'acquiring' people's belongings, I'd be happy to call her my friend to anyone as well.”

“She's already gotten a hold of your things, hasn't she?” asks Reimu with a grin,

You chuckle and nod your head, “Last I saw, she has in her possession a few of my pens and spare tools. I did sneak a few back, and she hasn't been around the house for a while so I think my belongings are staying relatively safe right now.”

“That's what you think, you never know Marisa might be raiding your home at night, when you're peacefully asleep...” joked the miko laughing.

“Even when I have the famous Hakurei maiden spending the night at my house?” you reply with a laugh.

“She's never given me that much respect, if anything it just might motivate her to do the deed more if she knew. She just loves to take people's things, then claim she doesn't remember, or in Patchouli's case that,” the maiden pauses and takes a breath, “'You're a youkai right? You can have them back when I die'!” says Reimu in her best impression of Marisa's voice,

The two of you laugh in unison, the miko's impression of Marisa's voice was a bit poor (and probably lacked a 'ze' somewhere in it) but it was the effort that counted, right?

“Well, all joking aside you said you wanted to go spend some time in the village right? I've got the time to spare, so why don't you show me what you had in mind then?” you say, offering Reimu a friendly smile,

“I'm afraid you might be disappointed, I hardly ever go into the village much but ah, I know a place or two I suppose...”

“Even if we all we did was walk around the perimeter of the village, it'll be enjoyable because I'm with you, alright?” you assure the miko, flashing her the same reassuring smile.

Reimu's face reddens and she adverts her gaze from you a moment, “Y-yeah... thanks.”

~

While your gut instincts had joked Reimu would likely try to find an expensive-looking restaurant in which to gorge herself (and of course politely ask you to pay the tab), she had seemed determine to avoid any sort of place in which you could spend money – although she had looked long and hard at a number of restaurants, and the occasional shop.

Reimu led you through the village, a number of villagers pausing from their daily routines to greet you and the miko (they seemed rather surprised to see her), until she started to lead you up the path to the shrine. However, rather then follow the trail all the way up, she eventually delved into the forest itself, while you were a bit reluctant to head into the forest – your first encounter with wild youkai still rather fresh in your mind – the miko reassured you that she could easily ward off any stupid youkai who even thought of harming you.

After a short trek through the forest, you and her wound up in a clearing in the forest, within in was an odd looking rock embedded in the ground with some kind of rope and white things tied around it. Reimu led you past it and pointed off to the horizon, revealing a breathtaking view – you could see the village in all its glory from here, not to mention far off in the distance you could even make out the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and even the Forest of Magic. It was like seeing all of Gensokyo from a single point.

“It's nice, isn't it? There's a spot like this up in the shrine itself, but I prefer this one myself. The angle of the sun and everything is just a lot nicer. This is kind of my secret little place, so don't go telling anyone, alright? If you don't find me at the shrine, I'll probably be here.” said Reimu, taking a seat leaning against the odd rock,

“It's amazing... but, how can we see so much? I never thought the hill went up so high to see so much!”

The miko laughed, “Ah, that? Well, you know I've never thought about it much myself. But there's a few spots around here, where it seems you're looking from much higher up. I think it's some kind of effect from the border perhaps, or maybe locations Yukari used to use to watch Gensokyo so some kind of left over boundary. Who knows? I've never really bothered to investigate it, since it just looks so nice. Plus it's helpful when you're doing incident investigations to be able to see so much sometimes.” Reimu shrugged, “Well, and it's just relaxing too. I've lived in Gensokyo all my life, I've been to every single corner of it, but I still love being able to just take it all in. Was home ever like that for you?”
You shake your head, taking a seat by Reimu, “Not really. I grew up in a city, and you never saw natural beauty like this. The world is mostly all about sprawling cities and lights, I never got to travel much since I was always so sickly, so I saw very little of the world. I've seen so many nice things in Gensokyo though, this whole land is just beautiful... I think if people could come and go here freely, it would be quite the tourist attraction.”

“You think so? I'm not too sure about that myself... no offense Reina, but as a whole most of you outsiders are kind of arrogant. You bring us a lot of interesting knowledge, and technology that kappa love to eat up with their collective spoons, but well, you also have tendencies to bring your own kinds of troubles or something.” the miko sighs and shakes her head, “You know Gensokyo was created to separate our two 'worlds'? Youkai used to live in your world you know, but youkai hunters in the olden days had managed to contain most of them here. We eventually created the barrier in order to seclude ourselves from your world, which was losing all faith and becoming so technologically focused. I think any youkai left outside Gensokyo must've perished long ago.

“But ah, listen to me ramble about unimportant history. We came here to just share a view, right? Sorry if you were expecting some grand outing in the village, but that's more of Marisa's thing I guess. Which, come to think of it, I haven't seen her in a while... wonder what she's up to.”

- - -

Viewing Gensokyo with Reimu:
[ ] Reimu seems at ease, why not ask her some questions?
- [ ] What's this odd rock anyway?
- [ ] Speak your mind! (write-in)
[ ] Ask if you can stay the night at the shrine?
[ ] See if Reimu will let you sleep with her...?
[ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Offer to let Reimu stay the night again?
[ ] Details? (write-in) (i.e. making her any kind of specific meal, plans, etc.)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Reimu Hakurei

I wish there was a nice image of Reimu looking over Gensokyo.
>> No. 105857
[x] Reimu seems at ease, why not ask her some questions?
-[x] What's this odd rock anyway?
[x] Ask if you can stay the night at the shrine?
[x] See if Reimu will let you sleep with her...?

Fair's fair.
>> No. 105866
[ø] Reimu seems at ease, why not ask her some questions?
-[ø] What's this odd rock anyway?
[ø] It's been a long time since last danmaku lesson.
-[ø] Some light physical training.
-[ø] Take a shower, then enjoy the Hakurei hotsprings.
-[ø] Ask Reimu about the most beautiful spellcard that she has seen.
[ø] Late lunch at Mokou or Mystia's stand. (Reina's paying, of course)
>> No. 105867
[x] Reimu seems at ease, why not ask her some questions?
-[x] What's this odd rock anyway?
[x] It's been a long time since last danmaku lesson.
-[x] Some light physical training.
-[x] Take a shower, then enjoy the Hakurei hotsprings.
-[x] Ask Reimu about the most beautiful spellcard that she has seen.
[x] Late lunch at Mokou or Mystia's stand. (Reina's paying, of course)
>> No. 105873
[x] Reimu seems at ease, why not ask her some questions?
-[x] What's this odd rock anyway?
[x] It's been a long time since last danmaku lesson.
-[x] Some light physical training.
-[x] Take a shower, then enjoy the Hakurei hotsprings.
-[x] Ask Reimu about the most beautiful spellcard that she has seen.
[x] Late lunch at Mokou or Mystia's stand. (Reina's paying, of course).
Eh, could work.
>> No. 106004
[x] Reimu seems at ease, why not ask her some questions?
-[x] What's this odd rock anyway?
[x] It's been a long time since last danmaku lesson.
-[x] Some light physical training.
-[x] Take a shower, then enjoy the Hakurei hotsprings.
-[x] Ask Reimu about the most beautiful spellcard that she has seen.
[x] Late lunch at Mokou or Mystia's stand. (Reina's paying, of course)
>> No. 106008
File 125972516431.jpg - (182.54KB , 518x725 , 4d511e4cfdb3338ab6f03912ea6c74b1.jpg ) [iqdb]
106008
[x] Reimu seems at ease, why not ask her some questions?
-[x] What's this odd rock anyway?
[x] It's been a long time since last danmaku lesson.
-[x] Some light physical training.
-[x] Take a shower, then enjoy the Hakurei hotsprings.
-[x] Ask Reimu about the most beautiful spellcard that she has seen.
[x] Late lunch at Mokou or Mystia's stand. (Reina's paying, of course)

Peering over your shoulder at the rock behind you, you can't help but feel a bit curious about it. After all, it didn't seem natural judging by the way it was imbedded in the ground and the way it looked like it had been shaped by tools.

“Hey Reimu, what's this rock here anyway? Something special about it?”

Glancing over her shoulder, the miko shrugs, “This is a keystone. I'm not sure what they do exactly, but it's what Tenshi calls them. She ended up leaving this one behind, not sure why. I don't particularly like seeing it everytime I come here, but there's little I can do to move it so...”

“Tenshi? I've never heard of her before.”

“Really? Well, I guess unless you've been inquiring into the recent incidents... well, she was this Celestial who showed up a while ago, caused a whole lot of trouble.” the miko shrugs, “I haven't seen her in a while, and as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing. Seems she gets bored a lot, so I guess if I ever see her again, it'll be because she's causing trouble somewhere.”

“I guess when there's trouble, means work for you, huh?”

“Well, just a bit! I mean, it's not like I don't like the occasional incident to solve, but... I wouldn't want people to go causing trouble for the sake of causing it, you understand right? I mean, it'd be like you like your work, but you wouldn't want people wrecking their furniture just to give you work...”

You nod your head, “Of course. No one likes to do work for the sake of working after all! This is a very pretty spot, thanks for showing it to me Reimu.” you get to your feet, dusting off a few stray bits of grass, “You think we could maybe get a lesson in up here? There's not much room for danmaku practice, and I didn't bring Genjii, so why not some physical work? I have to make sure I'm keeping in shape after all!”

Grinning Reimu gets to her feet, “Want me to beat you up a bit eh? Turning into a masochist maybe?” the miko laughs, “Just don't get too close to the edge, I'd hate to have to jump out and snatch you out of the sky, like some kind of cliched superhero or something.”

“If I was to trip, you would save me, right?” you ask with a teasing grin.

“Well, I couldn't have my favorite student and friend, falling to her death now could I? It would make me look like such a monster!” replied Reimu laughing,

~

Although a bit bruised, beaten, and maybe a scratch or two, you had managed to hold your own against Reimu – or at least not ending up with blood running down your shirt, and possibly missing a tooth or two. You still had to get helped to your feet after being forced to the ground, and Reimu had to help support you on the trek back to the shrine.

“S-sorry to trouble you like this.” you say, carefully stepping over a root.

“Ah, don't worry about it. You're getting better! I think after a session like that you were usually out cold on the ground for a good five minutes at least. You seem quite conscious – watch that vine there – so I have to say you're improving.”

“Well, it's helpful to be told that by my teacher. Maybe one day I might be able to rough you up a bit, instead of the other way around?”

Reimu laughs, lightly patting you on the back, “There's nothing wrong with dreaming Reina, nothing at all.”

“You think I might be able to use the hot springs? Always felt pretty good after a session to get a nice soak in the springs...”

The miko gives you a quick up and down glance, “Well, you'll just have to clean yourself off before you go on in, but sure go right ahead. Maybe I'll join you? Hahaha...”

Upon reaching the stairs leading up to the shrine, Reimu slung you over her shoulder opting to simply float above the entire trouble and fly you the rest of the way, before returning your feet to solid ground on the porch in front of the shrine. Reassuring her you were capable of walking on your own, you weakly made you way into the shrine.

Making your way to the hot spring, you undressed and neatly folded your messy clothes storing them in a basket. Taking a moment to rinse off and scrub yourself down prior to entering the hot spring, you snatch up a towel and make your way into the spring itself, submerging yourself in the hot, soothing waters. You could really understand how people would pay so much to go to those fancy resorts up in the mountains, the ones that always advertised having some great mountain hot spring, they were incredibly relaxing.

You had to wonder if Yukari had been kind enough to place your house near some kind of natural geyser, would be an interesting thought if you would be able to find a way to get your own hot spring... although going to the shrine was hardly an inconvenience, and it did mean getting to spend more time with Reimu after all.

“Reina? Is it alright for me to come in?” asked Reimu,

“A-ah, sure! Come on in Reimu.” you reply, nervously dipping a bit further into the waters.

The sliding door opened up and a towel-clad Reimu appeared, she closed the door behind her, before walking up to the spring's edge. She testingly poked a foot in before unwrapping her towel – where you quickly adverted your eyes, your face slightly blushed as you heard the miko give out a content sigh as she entered the waters. After a few uneasy breaths, you glance over in her direction, to see her in front of you, her eyes looking up at you curiously – you note her body is submerged underwater at least.

“Your face is all red Reina, you alright? Not feeling sick or anything are you?” asks the miko curiously, cocking her head to the side.

“I-I'm fine! Just ah, er that is you know... hot springs are a bit hot, you know? I guess it's expected my face might warm up a bit!” you reply, doing your best to laugh normally.

“Well, if you say so. I've got some nice herbal tea left still, if you feel a bit sick...” comments Reimu, shrugging,

The miko makes her way over to one of the rocks jutting out of the ground, sitting up against it. You hadn't noticed it before, but without all the little ribbons and stuff in her hair, she did have some decently long hair and it did look rather pret- why were you thinking about her hair right now!? Pushing the thoughts aside you sit up against the adjacent rock, an uneasy silence falling between you two.

“Hey Reimu, what's the most beautiful spellcard you've ever seen?” you ask, breaking the silence, “I imagine you've seen quite a few, haven't you?”

“Most beautiful spellcard...? Well, yeah I've seen quite a few. I don't think I could say how many exactly, but well... huh. Didn't really expect to ever be asked this.” the miko rubs her chin, frowning slightly, “You'll need to give me a moment, there's quite an extensive catalog of spellcards in my head I have to think over.”

“Have you dueled just about everyone in Gensokyo?”

The miko nodded her head, “Just about everyone. I mean, I've not really dueled you for real yet, so you're one of the few. I haven't had a duel with Yuuka in sometime, not that I particularly want too...” she shrugged slightly, “as for your question, I guess a spellcard by Yukari. It'd be tough to pick one though, her's are... unique. I think Marisa bought it best once, how did she put it...? She described Yukari's spellcards as being a combination of danmaku 'for play' and 'for battle'. You know there's a lot of rules for danmaku duels right? Well, that's because it was really made more for 'play', in a sense, then to be used to actually harm someone. Yukari skirts that border, so I guess they all have their own unique beauty about them.”

“I'd like to see you duel Yukari one day, maybe I can see what you mean by that.” you say with a smile.

“Duel Yukari? You'd have to think up a pretty good reason for that, she's really good and you might be a friend, but I'm not going to go pick a duel with her just for your amusement you know!” Reimu laughs,

“Afraid she'll beat you and you'll lose face in front of your student?” you counter teasingly.

“Putting my pride on the line now are we?” replied the miko, smirking slightly, “I won't make any promises, but we'll see how things play out... who knows, maybe you'll see me solve an incident up close and personal one day!”

“I'd like to see that. Maybe I'll even be there to help you.”

“Just as long as you aren't the one causing it.”

“Think I'm capable of being a trouble maker?”

“Oh I don't know, you are an outsider... maybe you're just being so friendly so when you unleash your scheme, none of us will see it coming!” states Reimu, laughing,

“I see nothing gets past the great Hakurei maiden! I guess I better just give up on my plot now.” you reply, grinning broadly, “Want to go get a bite to eat after this? My treat of course.”

“Well, I'm not in the business of turning an offer down for food, what did you have in mind?”

“How about some grilled eel from Mystia? Or maybe if Mokou is around some yakitori?”

“Either one sounds fine to me, but maybe we can just get both?” asked the miko, flashing you an eager grin.

~

By some fortunate twist of fate, or perhaps the two were in some kind of agreement, Mokou and Mystia both happened to be open and both in the same place. Meaning Reimu was free to gorge herself on grilled eel, while waiting for Mokou to make her grilled yakitori – which would then hold her over for Mystia to make her another serving, then repeat the cycle a few more times.

You had heard a story or two about a person in Gensokyo being said to have a bottomless stomach, while you were sure it wasn't Reimu, you were starting to wonder if she wasn't in second place at least. Munching on your own stick of yakitori, Reimu now making her way to Mystia's stand to pick up her next helping of grilled eel, you heard Mokou chuckle in amusement.

“I can't imagine how much it would cost you to take Reimu out to some kinda fancy restaurant or somethin'. I guess she'd at least be a simple date, just take her out to eat somewhere and I bet she'd be delighted to go out with you.”

Nearly choking on your yakitori, you cough a bit as you force the bit down your throat, “W-what are you implying Mokou?”

Mokou raised an eyebrow curiously, “Well, aren't you dating her or something Reina? She seems rather happy and all, plus well... I've heard the two of you have been spendin' a lot of time together recently. I mean, when I saw you last with Marisa, I figured you were goin' out with her then... did it just not work out or something?” the white-haired girl flashes you a mischievous grin, “Or perhaps you're trying to get both of them?”

- - -

D-dating Reimu!? Marisa!? W-what!?
[ ] Say nothing, you won't give Mokou the satsification!
[ ] But you're both girls, why would you be going on a date!?
[ ] Accuse Mokou of going on a date with Keine, since you saw the two of them together before!
[ ] W-well you never thought of it as a date, but maybe...
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 106012
[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."
>> No. 106016
[x] But you're both girls, why would you be going on a date!?

Reina's innocent.
>> No. 106017
[x] Say nothing, you won't give Mokou the satsification!


>[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
>-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."

Doesn't that seem a tad bit out of character...?
>> No. 106021
>>106017

quite out of character, considering how Reina's been quite innocent of such things.
>> No. 106023
>>106016
She is, yes, but not that innocent that she can't make jokes.

[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."
>> No. 106025
[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."

>>106023

Exactly, I made this write-in to be of a joking nature.
>> No. 106028
[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."
>> No. 106030
[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."

bah, Kriss can just make a Reina version of this vote! It's a joke anyway.
>> No. 106059
[ø] But you're both girls, why would you be going on a date!?

Reimu vs Yuyu, I chuckled. Perhaps, we could ask Reimu to show us around Gensokyo a bit seeing as how Reina's only been to the shrine, human village, Forest of Magic and SDM.
>> No. 106060
[0] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[1] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[2] "Seriously though, we're just friends."
>> No. 106070
[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."
Excellent.
>> No. 106147
[x] But you're both girls, why would you be going on a date!?

Too cute to not vote for.
>> No. 106148
[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."
>> No. 106149
File 125980549961.png - (370.26KB , 621x899 , 2ec9e51e0884b107e8c1d5a69c960879.png ) [iqdb]
106149
[x] Whisper into Mokou's ear.
-[x] "Maybe I just want a harem."
[x] "Seriously though, we're just friends."

You had to calm down, keep a straight face. No need to get all flustered and annoyed at the way Mokou was viewing things, after all if you got all red in the face about this you wouldn't be able to successfully pull off your own counter. If she could be teasing and mischievous, why couldn't you?

Leaning forward, you whisper ever so carefully into Mokou's ear, “Maybe I am dating them both. Maybe I'm dating a whole bunch of people you know... because I want a harem perhaps?” pausing to breath into Mokou's ear, you smile slightly, “Maybe I'll try to add you next?”

Mokou recoils as if struck, drawing away from you, her cheeks red, “W-what!? Y-you'll never be able to do that Reina! I wouldn't let ya!”

“Why so noisy Mokou?” calls Mystia from across the street, “Something going on~?”

“Nothing, nothing!” counters the white-haired girl, running a hand through her hair, “Ya almost done over there Mysti? Reimu's next batch is about done over 'ere.” turning her attention back down to you, she can't help but notice the stupid grin on your face, she sighs, “Geez, I never thought you had a mischievous bone in your body...”

“The expression on your face was priceless, it was so hard to not bust out laughing or snicker during the whole thing. You have to give me credit for being able to pull it off, right?”

“I'll give you credit for that, but it could've done with more intro I think. Maybe tried to include some details of your night time adventures with one of 'em, if you know what I mean.” counters Mokou, grinning,

You open your mouth to retort, but you are interrupted by Reimu surprising you by hopping onto your back and resting her arms on your head. You struggle to not smash your face into the stall from the sudden weight on your back and head.

“I heard something about my yakitori being about done?” asks the miko, sticking the grilled eel into her mouth, scraping off the last of the meat, “I've had my fill of Mystia's, so I guess this'll be my last batch. Reina's payin' for me so you can give her the bill.”

Handing the head miko her batch of yakitori, Mokou shakes her head, “Well, if you don't get off her back you may end up having to search her pockets for her money. Looks like she's about to collapse and break her face on my stall. You'll have to pay for that too.”

Hopping off your back, Reimu gives you a pat on the back, already hungrily biting into a stick of yakitori, “Ah, sorry about that Reina. Maybe I should've warned you before I jumped on your back, but hey, I doubt you could've done that before right?”

Rubbing at your neck, you chuckle, “Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it. Next time you want to jump on my back, let me know first or something, I'm not in the habit of giving improvised piggy back rides.”

“If you weren't paying for my meal, maybe I'd ask for a piggy back ride back up to the shrine. It'd be a good workout! I'm feelin' a bit full too.” says Reimu, patting her stomach for emphasize (which you can't help but notice hardly looks full. Probably a good thing, really)

Shaking your head in amusement, you head over to Mystia's stall, looking at the bill with a raised eyebrow. The night sparrow shrugs and mentions Reimu certainly can eat her fill of food. Fishing about in your pockets you pay the youkai, thanking her for letting the miko enjoy her meal, before returning to Mokou's stall to pay her as well.

“Thanks for all the food there Mokou. And ah, about early? Seriously though, we're just friends.”

The white-haired girl shakes her head, stashing the money away, “Whatever ya say Reina. If you're tellin' the truth you're a pretty good friend for Reimu. But hey, if it ever turns out you were lyin' about that, and who knows, maybe you are tryin' to get a harem goin' like some kinda character out of a, well, harem manga...” Mokou sports a mischievous grin, “just come to ol' Mokou if you want some pointers on a proper date or... well, maybe a little more then that.”

The girl breaks out in laughter as you turn red in the face, quickly scurrying off to the waiting Reimu, who still carries a single stick of yakitori in one hand, and a half eaten one in her mouth. She gulps down the half-eaten one, lazily tossing the stick aside and she offers you the uneaten one. You go to take it, before she pulls it away, wagging a finger at you.

“Now, now I didn't say you could take the stick. Say 'ah'!” teased the miko, grinning broadly.

“H-hey! Come on Reimu, we're in public! This kinda thing is ah, a little awkward and it looks... o-odd for people to see, doesn't it...?” you say, looking about your worriedly.

Reimu laughs and hands you the stick of yakitori, “I was just messing with you anyway Reina. I'm sorry, but you're a lot of fun to tease since you get the funniest and cutest reactions from things like this. You didn't really do much back home, did you?”

Taking a bite of the yakitori, you shake your head, “No, not really. Like I've said, I was pretty sickly and I guess kind of a natural loner. I've never been on a date before, I've never kissed someone... I don't think I've ever really even had a crush on anyone before. I was a pretty boring person.”

“You may have been boring back then, but I'll see to it you live an interesting life now if that's what you want. Gensokyo has its boring moments, but this place hardly ever stays quiet too long. Seems every season or two, someone wants to do something to stir up trouble.”

“As much as you complain about it, I think you like an incident or two Reimu. You'd probably go crazy if you just woke up everyday and sat outside the shrine drinking tea.” you say with a smirk.

The miko frowns, rubbing her chin in thought, “Huh. I guess you have a point there... daily life can get a little too routine sometimes... though I certainly wouldn't want a repeat of the whole Tenshi thing.” she sighs and shakes her head, taking a moment to look up at the sky, “Ah, it's starting to get a bit late. Did you have any plans for tonight Reina? I'm thankful for you spending time with me today, and for the food, but if you have something you need to do... otherwise, would you uhm, maybe want to stay the night at the shrine with me...?”

- - -

After lunch! Or is this more like an early dinner? Eh. :
[ ] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
[ ] Where will you be sleeping? (write-in?)
[ ] Any ideas what to do for the night? (write-in)
[ ] What will you do in the morning? (write-in)
[ ] It was fun, but you do have some things you should go do...
[ ] Get home and just pass out. Do something in the morning...
[ ] Maybe see if you can't fly over to Marisa's and surprise her
[ ] It's kind of late, but maybe you could call Yuuka over and discuss something?
[ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

I forgot to say it before, but to whomever made the blue feather comment, that made me smile.

I hope the write-in worked a bit like you all had imagined.
>> No. 106152
[x] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
-[x] Where will you be sleeping?
--[x] Would it be any problem to move a futon over and sleep in the room?
-[x] Any ideas what to do for the night?
--[x] Perhaps trading some tales, since you want to hear about her past adventures.
-[x] What will you do in the morning?
--[x] Asking Reimu to perhaps help you carry your stuff back from Marisa's, then the usual job checking stuff, that is unless she has other plans.

Just an idea.
>> No. 106153
[x] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
-[x] Where will you be sleeping?
--[x] Would it be any problem to move a futon over and sleep in the room?
-[x] Any ideas what to do for the night?
--[x] Perhaps trading some tales, since you want to hear about her past adventures.
-[x] What will you do in the morning?
--[x] Asking Reimu to perhaps help you carry your stuff back from Marisa's, then the usual job checking stuff, that is unless she has other plans.

Not bad.
>> No. 106154
[x] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
-[x] Where will you be sleeping?
--[x] Would it be any problem to move a futon over and sleep in the room?
-[x] Any ideas what to do for the night?
--[x] Perhaps trading some tales, since you want to hear about her past adventures.
-[x] What will you do in the morning?
--[x] Asking Reimu to perhaps help you carry your stuff back from Marisa's, then the usual job checking stuff, that is unless she has other plans.
>> No. 106155
[x] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
-[x] Where will you be sleeping?
--[x] Would it be any problem to move a futon over and sleep in the room?
-[x] Any ideas what to do for the night?
--[x] Perhaps trading some tales, since you want to hear about her past adventures.
-[x] What will you do in the morning?
--[x] Asking Reimu to perhaps help you carry your stuff back from Marisa's, then the usual job checking stuff, that is unless she has other plans.

Meh, can't think of anything else so I guess this works.
>> No. 106157
>>106152
We left something at Marisa's?
>> No. 106158
>>106157
Remember, she took some of our tools and pens.
>> No. 106159
>>106157
She 'borrowed' some of Reina's spare tools.
>> No. 106164
Just wondering if people forgot about finishing Eientei's request. :P
>> No. 106166
>>106164

We never accepted it, and so we have no obligation to complete it. We didn't seem to have enough time for it before, and we certainly don't have enough time now.

>:P

Also, stop that.
>> No. 106168
>>106164
That's nothing to worry about.

Remember what Kriss said a while back?
>Just as an advanced headsup, don't think failing a job has any negative impact upon Reina. There is only one if you accept the job then fail to complete it on time. There is no penalty to failing to finish an unaccepted job.

We never actually accepted the job yet, so no worries.
>> No. 106176
[x] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
-[x] Where will you be sleeping?
--[x] Would it be any problem to move a futon over and sleep in the room?
-[x] Any ideas what to do for the night?
--[x] Perhaps trading some tales, since you want to hear about her past adventures.
-[x] What will you do in the morning?
--[x] Asking Reimu to perhaps help you carry your stuff back from Marisa's, then the usual job checking stuff, that is unless she has other plans.
>> No. 106182
[x] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
-[x] Where will you be sleeping?
--[x] Would it be any problem to move a futon over and sleep in the room?
-[x] Any ideas what to do for the night?
--[x] Perhaps trading some tales, since you want to hear about her past adventures.
-[x] What will you do in the morning?
--[x] Asking Reimu to perhaps help you carry your stuff back from Marisa's, then the usual job checking stuff, that is unless she has other plans.
[x] Let's coup de grace her in her sleep.
>> No. 106186
>>106166

Ideally I think we would have had time, but that whole Genji adventure and Duel with Cirno sucked up an absurd amount of time (The whole day that both events happened on)
>> No. 106232
[x] Converse with Alice?
-[x] How is the costume coming?
-[x] Couldn't she remove the 'marks' or whatever? You need these tools!
-[x] If Marisa isn't here, why is she here?

Idort.gif
>> No. 106233
[c] Converse with Alice?
-[c] How is the costume coming?
-[c] Couldn't she remove the 'marks' or whatever? You need these tools!
-[c] If Marisa isn't here, why is she here?

Nothing wrong with having conversation with Alice, I guess.
>> No. 106235
[x] Converse with Alice?
-[x] How is the costume coming?
-[x] Couldn't she remove the 'marks' or whatever? You need these tools!
-[x] If Marisa isn't here, why is she here?
-[x] Depending on if Alice could remove the marks or not..
--[x] If so return the tools home, and look into more secure locations for them
--[x] If not, return the tools and leave a note on Marisa's door asking for them back.

This isn't what I intended with the write in (I mean asking her to get the pens and stuff back), but oh well... Not going to risk taking them out unless Alice can remove the marks.
>> No. 106246
>>106235
Ah my mistake then. Had you intended to go and ask Marisa, instead of attempting to take them back via stealth?
>> No. 106247
>>106246
I think that's what all of us had intended with that vote.
>> No. 106252
>>106247
Hmmm, I see. I could rewrite the update in that case, it would have to wait until tomorrow as I can't write an update in 5 minutes.

I'll check to see what you all mean tomorrow when I get back from class.
>> No. 106265
>>106247
Agreed, this was completely idiotic and out of character.
>> No. 106302
>>106252
The good thing is, you only need to rewrite the end.
>> No. 106324
>>106302
Yeah. Just make a very small update changing the last part and you're done.

I liked this one better but it IS kinda OOC.
>> No. 106330
>>106324
Isn't that like saying nazis were kind of rude to jews during WW2.
>> No. 106332
Alright, rewriting now. Please wait warmly.
>> No. 106350
File 12599525276.jpg - (434.88KB , 1000x1600 , 149e79c1e0feef3b002fe6813498b64a.jpg ) [iqdb]
106350
[x] If Reimu is offering, why not stay the night?
-[x] Where will you be sleeping?
--[x] Would it be any problem to move a futon over and sleep in the room?
-[x] Any ideas what to do for the night?
--[x] Perhaps trading some tales, since you want to hear about her past adventures.
-[x] What will you do in the morning?
--[x] Asking Reimu to perhaps help you carry your stuff back from Marisa's, then the usual job checking stuff, that is unless she has other plans.

Flashing the miko a grin, you nod your head, “Sure, I'll stay the night. Must get lonely being in that shrine all by yourself, need some company once in a while Reimu?”

“Suuure, turn my request into making me sound desperate for company.” retorts the miko, sticking her tongue out playfully.

“Well, I've grown a liking to having someone sleeping under the same roof as me lately. You can admit you just like the company Reimu, not like I'll pick on you about it... I'm not Marisa or something, right?”

“I'll give you that much, you're certainly not Marisa. Want to just head up the shrine now, or would you like to grab a few things?”

“I'll meet you over by the path to the shrine? I think I'll grab some cooking ingredients and a few snacks, you're going to be hungry later, right?”

Reimu's face lights up as she grins, “Always hungry for some delicious Reina cooked food! I'll be waiting then, don't keep me waiting too long, you know how rude it is to keep a lady waiting!”

~

Taking a bite of the pocky stick, you frown as you study the Go board in front of you. Reimu had given you a crash course in playing the game and promised to go easy on you – which was still enough for her to constantly steamroll you in the game. Placing your stone down, you sigh as you watch the miko place her own stone down – making the effort to place it with a loud 'clack' – and you see as her strategy unfolds in front of you.

“I'm just no good at this game it seems.” you say with a sigh, finishing up the Pocky stick.

Clearing off the board and storing the stones away, Reimu merely chuckles, “Well you can't expect to get good at something overnight right? I haven't got to play Go in a while, or at least not without the stones mysteriously vanishing or being moved...”

Reimu's room was, surprisingly, rather non-descript and plain like the rest of the shrine. Aside from a dresser to store her clothes in, it was entirely bare. The miko had been happy to accept your request to unroll a futon in her room, and rather then simply go to bed right after a quick dinner the two of you had decided to stay up and pass the time, most recently by being beaten in a few games of Go.

Fishing about in the open Pocky box, you retrieve another stick of the candy before taking a bite of it. Reimu finishes storing the Go set aside, taking a seat on top of her futon.

“Reimu, you maybe want to swap some stories? I mean, I bet I have nothing interesting but well... I bet you have a whole lot of them.”

“Stories from the outside world? Probably not terribly interesting, but I guess I can tell you a story or two in exchange for that food! Let's see, what to tell, what to tell...” the miko rubs her chin thoughtfully, “well, since I guess you'll be going to Remilia's soon, I guess a story about her might not be too bad. Can't hurt to know more about one of your top customers, eh?”

“Going to warn me about what I shouldn't do in the home of a vampire, eh?” you reply, grinning.

“Something like that, yeah. I first met Remilia about, oh, I guess... well, some years ago anyway at least. The mansion had just suddenly shown up one day, but no one really paid it much mind. At least until some strange red mist, or was it a fog? Well, either way once that showed up, people started to take note. Of course, being the resident incident solver, it was going to have to be my job to figure out the whole mess. Marisa came along too, but I ended up losing her help around the time we found the library in the mansion, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

“So after finding out where the mansion was, and getting past a little youkai and Cirno, I ended up fighting the gatekeeper of the mansion, I'm sure you've met her right? I think her name was like...” Reimu frowns, “China, or something. Eh, probably isn't important anyway. After getting past her, me and Marisa got into the mansion itself, or more specifically Patchouli's library. As you may imagine, once we got past her I couldn't expect anymore help from Marisa when she was too busy raiding the book collection.

“I had to fight Sakuya next, that was certainly something with all that time control stuff, or whatever she wants to call it. Remilia I fought not too long after, and boy... that was sure a tough fight, probably the toughest I'd had in a long time back then. Of course, I won and found out the whole reason she had released that mist, or fog or whatever it was, was for purely selfish reasons – she just wanted to block the sun a bit, so she could go outside in the day. Being a vampire the sun kind of hurts her, but don't think she'll like die instantly or something like you outsiders believe, it just makes her kind of weak.”

Well, Reimu's stories were a bit lacking on the detail side. Certainly wasn't the best storyteller in the world, that's for sure.

“You shouldn't really worry about being in Remilia's mansion though. She's a vampire and all, but she's pretty nice really. Maybe a little spoiled, or bratty sometimes, but all in all pretty good. Just uhm, don't try going to explore the mansion too much on your own, aside from its size well... don't go in the basement.”

You cock your head to the side, “Why would I avoid the basement? Some kind of horrible, dark secret down there? A room filled of human corpses or something?”

“Er, well you see in the mansion's basement is Remilia's sister. She's ah, a bit...” the miko frowns, “in simple terms, she's a bit crazy. She's also immensely powerful and even when she just means to play, she could very easily accidentally rip you into meaty little ribbons. I'm not sure if Remilia will let her out for the party, she has a few times and keeps her under pretty close watch but, if she does just try to not get too close to her or let her touch you or anything.”

You nod your head, “I'll have to keep that in mind. Does Remilia's sister look like her at all?”

“No, not really. They have the same eye color, but that's really about it. Her name is Flandre, and she has blonde hair usually she has it up in this little side ponytail thing,” the miko does her best to use her own hair as an example, although you suspect it's too short, “wears a red and white dress. Has these odd wings with crystals dangling from them. She has a very distinct appearance.”

Despite Reimu insisting you didn't have too, you do your best to tell her a story of your own. Of course, your own stories pretty much just involve you doing some kind of work, so you aren't terribly surprised when the miko discreetly slides herself under the covers of her futon and slowly slips off to sleep when you got up to go change. Guess you couldn't really blame her, Reimu wasn't a great storyteller, but it wasn't like you had any interesting stories anyway...

~

Wiping your hands on the rag, you place the plate of food on the table – one practically overflowing with the pancakes, omelet and rice filling it. Reimu sure wanted to eat a big breakfast that's for sure, although you had to admit you were a bit envious of her ability to seemingly eat giant meals and not seem to gain a single ounce of fat. The miko had already begun to dig into her food as you placed your own meal on the table.

“Reimu, do you have anything planned for today?” you ask, cutting into your stack of pancakes.

“Nothing outside of the normal, why?”

“I was thinking of going to pay Marisa a visit, see if I couldn't get my tools and pens back. The pens are replaceable I suppose, but the tools on the other hand well... I doubt I'll find anyone in Gensokyo who can make them.”

The miko frowns, “Getting your belongings back from Marisa? You'll have a better chance of well... something outrageous. I've never seen her give back anything she's 'found', since she doesn't think she's taking anything from anyone. Merely that she is 'borrowing' it.”

“Well, it can't hurt to ask her can it? Maybe if worse comes to worse I'll just need you to distract her while I 'borrow' a few of my belongings back...” you tease with a grin.

“Stealing from a thief eh? Well, for your sake let's hope she's in an agreeable mood then. But sure, I'll go with you after breakfast, I'll drop you off at your house so you can get Genjii, then we'll head to Marisa's, alright?”

You nod your head in agreement and the two of you finish your breakfast without any important conversations coming up. After a quick flight home and rousing Genjii from his slumber, the two of you depart towards the Forest of Magic, Reimu giving you some pointers on flight along the way. From your vantage point in the sky it is child's play to locate the clearing that was Marisa's house, you could even see the one where Alice's house was.

“Oi! Is that... Genjii? It's been forever since I've seen ya old man!” exclaims Marisa, waving up at you from the ground, “I didn't think ya could've actually found 'im ze!”

“Well, Reimu and Aya did all the finding, I just did the recruiting I suppose.” you reply, stepping off Genjii's shell once he was low enough to the ground, “Out enjoying the fresh air Marisa? It's been a while.”

“Ah ya know how it is when you're busy and all ya know? It's nice ta see you though Reina! I guess you've been pretty busy from what I can see, and what brings you here Reimu?”

“I'm 'plan B'.” replies Reimu cooly, grinning mischievously,

“Eh? Plan B? Are you plottin' something against me Reina? I thought we were friends ze! Friends don't go plottin' against each other!” exclaimed the witch, pointing her finger at you accusingly.

“N-no! Of course not! I just wanted to ask for my stuff back, that's all.” you say hastily.

Marisa cocks her head to the side, “Eh? Your... stuff? What makes you think I have any of your things?”

“Well, for starters I think that's my pen tucked behind your ear there...” you say, pointing a finger at the witch's ear, “And I remember seeing them in your house when I was last here. They're rather distinct you know.”

The witch frowned, folding her arms across her chest, “I dunno what you're talkin' 'bout Reina. I think I'd remember if I went takin' any of your stuff!”

“You don't remember taking almost anything Marisa. Even when you are being chased by Patchouli in the library and danmaku is flying everywhere.” points out the miko, “I'm willing to believe Reina here.”

“Well I don't remember takin' anything! I can't give you back stuff if I don't remember havin' it.”

“Well, if you don't remember taking it would I be able to just find it myself then? I remember where it all is.”

Marisa frowns, “'Pose that won't mean any real harm... though how do I know you won't go takin' other stuff! I got a lot of valuable belongings in there!” the blonde sighs, shaking her head, “But I guess you'll just say I can trust ya, and I do Reina. Well, come on in and try not ta step on anythin', I think a few of the traps may be a bit outta order or somethin'...”

The witch ushers you and Reimu into the house (Genjii opting to remain outdoors) and you go about trying to locate your belongings. To your surprise, it seems the amount of clutter in Marisa's house has increased since last time, and you notice the door to her room/lab seems to have a glowing symbol on the door.

“So what have you been up ta Reina? Aside from the whole Genjii thing, anythin' interesting? Any luck uncoverin' anything about that grimoire of yours? You gotta have a story or two by now ze!”

- - -

Passing time, passing time...:
[ ] What to tell Marisa? (write-in)
[ ] Has Marisa been doing grimoire research of her own?
[ ] Ask Marisa about... (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 106353
[x] Has Marisa been doing grimoire research of her own?
[x] Ask Marisa about...
-[x] Is she going to the party at the SDM (invited or otherwise?)

Just something for starters
>> No. 106354
[x] Has Marisa been doing grimoire research of her own?
[x] Ask Marisa about...
-[x] Is she going to the party at the SDM (invited or otherwise?)
>> No. 106356
[x] What to tell Marisa? (write-in)
-[x] "I'm afraid I haven't really done much, Remilia's order for halloween has been keeping me quite busy." (Or something to that tune.)
[x] Has Marisa been doing grimoire research of her own?
[x] Ask Marisa about...
-[x] Is she going to the party at the SDM (invited or otherwise?)
>> No. 106359
[x] What to tell Marisa? (write-in)
-[x] "I'm afraid I haven't really done much, Remilia's order for halloween has been keeping me quite busy." (Or something to that tune.)
-[x] Although you did beat Cirno in a duel.
[x] Has Marisa been doing grimoire research of her own?
[x] Ask Marisa about...
-[x] Is she going to the party at the SDM (invited or otherwise?)
>> No. 106372
[x] What to tell Marisa? (write-in)
-[x] "I'm afraid I haven't really done much, Remilia's order for halloween has been keeping me quite busy." (Or something to that tune.)
[x] Has Marisa been doing grimoire research of her own?
[x] Ask Marisa about...
-[x] Is she going to the party at the SDM (invited or otherwise?)

Thanks for the rewritan
>> No. 106416
File 125999347263.jpg - (242.40KB , 900x900 , 8d454ad00bbf1044c162439983203a5d.jpg ) [iqdb]
106416
[x] What to tell Marisa? (write-in)
-[x] "I'm afraid I haven't really done much, Remilia's order for halloween has been keeping me quite busy." (Or something to that tune.)
[x] Has Marisa been doing grimoire research of her own?
[x] Ask Marisa about...
-[x] Is she going to the party at the SDM (invited or otherwise?)

“I haven't really been up to as much as you might think Marisa, I did wish I had more freetime but I had a pretty important order to take care of for Remilia so it's been keeping me busy.” you pick one of your tools out of pile, placing it in your pocket, “I just got it finished yesterday so this is my first whole day off in a while.”

“Booooooooring. You're the most work dedicated outsider I've seen ya know that Reina?” complains the witch, shaking her head, “Still guess it can't hurt to be gettin' on the good side of Remilia. Never hurts to make powerful friends... not that ya don't already have at least three of 'em!”

“Well what have you been up to Marisa? I noticed you mentioned if I had been studying my grimoire, so had you been doing some grimoire research of your own?”

Marisa scratched at her chin, “Well, in a manner of speakin'. It's kinda hard to study up on a grimoire without the grimoire itself, ya know? And I'm no history buff like Keine or somethin'. Still, I've been workin' on my own grimoire!” the witch lifted her head a bit and put her hands on her hips, “Gonna be the biggest collection of spell cards ever! It's pretty hard work though, even though I've seen a lot of spellcards, it's tough to pull them out of your head sometimes. I might have to go 'round re-challenging folk and have to relearn all their cards ze...”

“Sounds like quite the job. If you're going for all the spell cards in Gensokyo, does that mean you're going to need to learn mine someday?” you ask with a grin.

“I hadn't actually thought about that. I suppose if it's gonna be complete, it's gonna need your spell cards in it! But I'm no rush, besides I guess you'll probably end up makin' more anyway and perfectin' your old ones, so trying to learn your old ones wouldn't do much.”

“I guess that's true, would be a bit of wasted effort to memorize an unfinished product eh?” you take a moment to count the number of tools and pens in your pockets, nodding, “I think that's everything. At least everything I ever saw, considering I didn't even notice they were missing...”

“Well if somethin' turns up I'll let ya know then Reina! I still say I didn't take nothin'...” the blonde shrugs, “is that all you needed to do?”

“Look a bit anxious to get rid of me! You hiding something in that room of yours? I couldn't help but notice the big magic symbol on it.” you accuse teasingly, pointing towards the door.

The witch spreads her hands out in front of her face, “Aw ya caught me. It's a secret! I've been busy myself ya see, so sorry if I seem a bit ah... anxious you said? Just tryin' to get stuff done in time, as I'm sure you know how that feels ze.”

“Of course, of course. I won't take up too much more of your time, just a quick question: are you coming to Remilia's party? I'm not sure if she invited your or not, but well...” you shrug, “curious is all.”

“Ah she never invites me! Though that doesn't stop me from showin' up anyway, so maybe that's why she doesn't bother givin' me an invite. I'll be droppin' by I do every year, I gotta make a flashier entrance then last year! Gotta reputation to uphold ya know?”

“I'll look forward to it then, I'll be going to the party myself. So don't do anything too reckless, I don't think I'm as durable as the normal guests.”

The witch grins, “I'll make sure to keep destruction to a minimum then. I'll look forward to seein' your costume. I think Alice has it almost done by now I would think... she's been mentionin' it once in a while.”

Thanking Marisa for her time and cooperation, you leave her house with your pockets filled with your belongings. In hindsight, perhaps you should've brought a bag, but you doubt it would matter in the end so long as you didn't accidentally stab yourself with something.

“Didn't come too prepared did you Reina?” comments Reimu, shaking her head, “Here empty out your pockets, I brought a bag to carry them in.”

Placing all the liberated belongings into the small sack, you offer Reimu a smile, “Thanks Reimu, I knew I had forgotten something. And thanks for coming along, even if all you did was stand around and try to not fall asleep.”

“That's what friends are for right?” replied the miko, grinning, “Did you maybe wanna do somethin' Reina? I was thinking of paying Remilia a visit today, or well the thought had just come to me really. Been a while since I've made my rounds.”

- - -

Got your stuff back! … You think. :
[ ] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?
[ ] What would you do there though? (write-in)
[ ] Just follow Reimu around.
[ ] Maybe you should get back home...
[ ] Do what? (write-in)
[ ] Alice is nearby, perhaps you should go there first?
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 106420
[x] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?

Sure, why not?
>> No. 106435
[x] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?
-[x] See if you could meet the lady of the mansion yourself
-[x] Try to see if you can't get a Tour.

Just an idea for starters.
>> No. 106438
>>106435

We've met Remilia before.
>> No. 106439
[x] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?
>> No. 106442
>>106438
Okay strike that first part, but a tour would be nice if possible.
>> No. 106478
[x] Just follow Reimu around.
>> No. 106503
[ø] Alice is nearby, perhaps you should go there first?
[ø] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?
-[ø] Try to see if you could get a Tour.
>> No. 106506
[x] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?
>> No. 106555
>And thanks for coming along, even if all you did was stand around and try to not fall asleep.
Reimu... you, you...
>> No. 106558
[0] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?
>> No. 106559
[x] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?
>> No. 106563
[x] You'll follow Reimu, even to the end of the earth!
>> No. 106629
File 126008501365.jpg - (62.21KB , 641x482 , 22243a1c39f282f77131e153fc87f5b4.jpg ) [iqdb]
106629
[x] You have nothing else to do, why not go with Reimu to the Mansion?

“I've got nothing else planned, it can't hurt to pay the mansion a visit either. I'll have to go there soon anyway, may as well take this chance to get a bit more acquainted with it.”

“Don't even try, I've been there countless times and I swear everytime the place is different. I asked Sakuya once, and she just said the mansion changed on its own or something. Still, if you want to try to memorize the layout, be my guest...”

Shrugging you take a moment to find Genjii before carefully stepping onto his shell. Reimu floats away, with you and Genjii following closely behind her. The trip to the mansion turns out to be rather uneventful, although you think you spotted Cirno doing something around the Misty Lake – something to do with frogs, although you didn't exactly get the best look in the world.

“Cirno likes to freeze frogs. It's kind of a hobby of her's.” comments Reimu, noting you looking behind you as Cirno fades into the distance, “From what I understand, she freezes them and waits for them to thaw. She usually messes it up though and the frozen frogs shatter. Cirno doesn't need much to amuse herself as you can tell, although Suwako gets no end of annoyance out of her freezing frogs like that.”

“Suwako?”

“Ah, she's one of the goddesses over by the Moriya Shrine up on the Youkai Mountain. Related to frogs or something I think. You better not be thinking of going to over to that shrine! You're the closest thing I have to a follower!” teased the miko laughing, “N-not that I'm desperate for followers or anything...”

“Even if you don't get many worshippers, I'm sure they all appreciate you when an incident comes up eh?”

Reimu sighed, shaking her head, “Yeah, yeah that's the general idea I get. They could at least remember I still have to eat, I'm not a magician or something dammit!”

Upon your arrival at the mansion, you caught notice of the doorguard – Meiling or something, wasn't it? - taking a nap against the wall. As Reimu took a few steps towards the gate to open it, one of her eyes snapped open and took notice of Reimu, then lazily looked over to you.

“Ah, miss Roots! I guess you're coming with Reimu?” asks the red-headed youkai, you nod your head, “Well do please go right along. And ah, can you not tell Sakuya about the little nap? I-I do want to keep a knife out of my head for at least the next few hours...”

“Yeah, yeah, just open the gate already.” dismisses the miko, waving her hand.

The gatekeeper swings the gate open and the two of you walk past her, Reimu shoving the large doors of the mansion open. As the two of you enter into the mansion itself, the doors quietly shut behind you, taking a look over your shoulder you see fairy maids struggling to close the large doors. Expecting Reimu to start heading off somewhere, you are surprised to see her merely stand here. Reimu yawns and starts looking at her nails with casual interest.

After a few moments, she looks up at you and notes your confused appearance, “There's no reason to go hunting down Sakuya or Remilia. Sakuya knows where she is, and Sakuya knows the mansion better then almost anyone. Plus she controls time and stuff, remember? Finding her is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but this haystack changes every minute or less, and the needle can relocate itself at will. It's best to just let her come to you.”

“Or perhaps you merely do not wish to put forth the effort to find me? I do believe I've taught you a way or two that would allow you to do so.” points out the silver-haired maid, suddenly appearing into view.

“Too much of a hassle, besides I think this way usually works out faster. Last time didn't I end up on the opposite side of the mansion in an empty room that locked me in?” points out the miko.

Sakuya shrugs slightly, “Perhaps you didn't do it right. At any rate, what may I do for you Reimu? I see you brought miss Roots with you, it's a pleasure to see you.”

“I thought with the Halloween party coming up, the mansion would look a bit messy with preparations.” you comment, taking note the mansion looks unchanged from last time.

The maid retrieves her pocketwatch taking a peek at the time, before storing it away, “Time isn't an issue here, rest assured the mansion will be ready with time to spare.”

“I was here to visit Remilia, you know where she is?”

“Certainly, if you two will follow me...”

You attempt to try to remember the way Sakuya uses to lead the two of you around, but you think you got lost about several turns back. This mansion was truly large and incredibly confusing, you couldn't see how anyone could ever find their way around this place. The maid halts in front of a seemingly normal door, knocking on it and announcing her presence as well as your own and Reimu's, before opening it and gesturing inside.

Within you instantly recognize the room as the one you had first Remilia in it, but you swore last time it had been not nearly as far away... then again, last time you had started walking from the Voile library, so perhaps it wasn't far from Patchouli's 'home'.

“Reimu! It has been a while hasn't it? Sakuya would you please make Reimu her favorite blend of tea? I see you brought Reina with you as well, the two of you must be getting along quite well I take it?” asks the vampiress, gesturing to the empty seats at her table.

As Reimu takes her seat, she finds a fresh cup of tea already in front of her which she already starts to drink, “I figured I should start going around making my rounds as usual, and I thought I'd start with you Remilia.”

“Of course, of course, I've been looking forward to talking to you anyway. Now then, I would like to talk to Reina if she had the time, but first thing is first... Sakuya, would you please attend to our other guest for now? I shall call for her when me and Reimu have finished our business.”

The maid curtseys, “Of course Lady Remilia. Would you please follow me miss Roots? I would like to be able to keep you company during your wait, but you do understand how unreliable fairy maids can be yes? If you do not mind, I shall leave you with Lady Patchouli? She might not be the greatest for conversation, but well...”

“That'll be fine Sakuya, don't worry about it. I'm sure I'll find something to do.”

Nodding her head, the silver-haired maid leads you down the hallways again until you arrive at the large doors of the Voile library. The doors swing open as she approaches, and you are led through the maze of books before arriving at wherever your destination was (you gave up on trying to make a mental map). As before, you find Patchouli seated at a table covered in books, and she was busily studying one, hardly glancing up to acknowledge you and Sakuya's existence.

“I had not expected to see you again. Please, take a seat.” the purple-haired magician spares another glance up from her book to confirm you had taken then indicated seat, “I have done some research and have compiled them into a tome for your easy reading, I have not been able to discover much about your own grimoire I'm afraid. Are you intending to stay long?”

“Well, Reimu is having some sort of meeting with Remilia or something, and she said she wanted to see me afterwords so...”

“I see. You should have ample time then, the two of them carry on quite the long discussion. As long as you are here, I will spare the time to further study your grimoire. Knowing it cannot leave your side for long, I have thought of some less time-consuming techniques. First thing is first however...”

The magician rises from her seat, you can't help but notice with rather stiff and slow movements, and plucks a small book from a nearby table. She tosses it in towards you, it halting before hitting your face and gently lowering itself to land neatly on the table in front of you.

“There is the research I have done so far for you. While not about your grimoire in particular, I suppose you can consider it a 'Grimoire for Dummies', or some such. When you have the time, you should read it as it should help you understand things better. May I ask for your grimoire Reina? I assure you it will not be far away, should you begin to have ill side effects I will have it promptly returned to you. And in addition, may I ask for yourself as well? I would like to understand the relationship between you and your grimoire more carefully.”

- - -

Passing time in the Voile library:
[ ] Patchouli's research...
[ ] Turn over your grimoire
[ ] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
[ ] Refuse to turn over the grimoire, but she can study you?
[ ] Decline being studied, but the grimoire is ok.
[ ] She can't do either! You'll just wait for Remilia to meet with you.
[ ] Other
[ ] Well, Patchouli always seems to think highly of knowledge, so why not ask her something? (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

I need more Patchouli pictures.
>> No. 106634
>>106629

I've noticed something lately with the way you format your vote options. You seem to have given up placing dashes for options that correspond to votes.

For example.

>[ ] Patchouli's research...
>[ ] Turn over your grimoire
>[ ] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>[ ] Refuse to turn over the grimoire, but she can study you?
>[ ] Decline being studied, but the grimoire is ok.
>[ ] She can't do either! You'll just wait for Remilia to meet with you.
>[ ] Other
>[ ] Well, Patchouli always seems to think highly of knowledge, so why not ask her something? (write-in)
>[ ] Other

Do you think you could return it to looking something like this?

>[ ] Patchouli's research...
>-[ ] Turn over your grimoire
>-[ ] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>-[ ] Refuse to turn over the grimoire, but she can study you?
>-[ ] Decline being studied, but the grimoire is ok.
>-[ ] She can't do either! You'll just wait for Remilia to meet with you.

>[ ] Well, Patchouli always seems to think highly of knowledge, so why not ask her something? (write-in)
>[ ] Other
>> No. 106635
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
-[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106636
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
--[x] Try to ensure it doesn't get too far away
[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
-[x] Object if something gets too outrageous.

This might yield some answers.
>> No. 106639
[+] Patchouli's research...
-[+] Turn over your grimoire
-[+] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106640
[0] Patchouli's research...
-[1] Turn over your grimoire
-[2] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106642
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
-[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106643
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
--[x] Try to ensure it doesn't get too far away
[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
-[x] Object if something gets too outrageous.

"Um, Miss Knowledge? What does getting undressed have to do with studying my grimoire?"
"Shhhh... I want to appreciate the moment."
>> No. 106645
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
-[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106648
>>106643
How could you have seen my master plan!?

I'm not sure if no one has things to ask, but maybe I should clarify that you can pick multiple 'options' here. My mistake, I forget usually my options tend to be all time sensitive...

But as a rule of thumb, unless they're about doing something such as going somewhere, you can select multiple.
>> No. 106651
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
-[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106655
> she finds a fresh cup of tea already in front of her which she already starts to drink
Oh kriss, pay more attention will ya.

[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
-[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106684
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
-[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?
>> No. 106691
>>106634
That's unusual now that you mention it, since I include the dashes in the document itself. I think this is related to the actual 'format' in the document doesn't copy/paste correctly.

I'll make sure to pay attention next time. On that note, update starting please wait warmly.
>> No. 106698
>>106691
http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/
>> No. 106743
File 126014521911.jpg - (165.97KB , 1319x1200 , 2009-08-20-190021.jpg ) [iqdb]
106743
[x] Patchouli's research...
-[x] Turn over your grimoire
-[x] Submit to whatever things she needs you to do?

Stashing the book away in your pocket – it just happened to be pocket-sized you noticed – you remove the grimoire from the chain attached to your belt and hold it out towards Patchouli. The magician takes the grimoire from you and snaps her fingers, you notice a red-haired girl poking her head out from behind a bookcase. Patchouli hands the grimoire off to the girl, whom you notice has what looks like bat wings from her head.

“Begin your analysis, I will want a complete report in a few hours. Do not leave beyond the immediate area without my explicit permission, you would not wish to kill Roots now would you?”

“O-of course not Lady Patchouli... I will start the research immediately.”

Patchouli turns away from her assistant, whom quietly scampers away. The magician strolls over to a table, looking over it with casual interest before fetching a book from it. She thumbs through a few pages before looking up at you, her gaze never changing from its usual half-lidded look.

“For now all I require is for you to sit there. The simple examinations will not require any effort on your part, beyond refraining from doing little beyond breathing and blinking.” the magician walks up to you, holding one hand out, “There might be a slight... tingling feeling.”

Patchouli rests her hand on your forehead, mutters something, and you feel something not like a tingle but more like a jolt throughout your whole body, and what felt like a sledgehammer smashing you in the face before you blacked out.

~

Your vision blurs and shifts, all the colors are nothing but white, black, and grays. Your body aches and you struggle to take in a breath of air, it feels like a weight is on your chest, and then suddenly it's gone and you suck in a ragged breath, coughing violently as you sit up.

And the first thing you notice is you're definitely not in the library anymore, the fact the first thing you saw wasn't a bookshelf was evidence enough. It seemed you had somehow retreated back into your little dream world, which had you guess you must've passed out or something, although you had to wonder if that was intended or not.

The world seems unchanged from your last visit, you still get that same creepy feeling when your gaze falls upon the lone tree amongst the grass and flowers, and you think even the clouds are in the same position as before. Rising to your feet, deciding it might be worth your while to poke around your dream world a bit, you ponder in which direction to start -

“Is she aware now? Oh dear, I think she just might be!” giggles a voice that seems to stem from within your head, but at the same time echos throughout the world.

Looking about yourself, you can't notice anyone else, but then who made that sound? Were you imagining things?

“In time! Patience, patience... the magician's probings seem to have helped you a bit! But not yet, not yet... you'll awake shortly, do try not to die again~.”

Die again...? Before you can try to respond to the voice, the world explodes into white.

~

Snapping your eyes open, you roll your head and groan as you sit up, clutching at your head. Maybe you did get smashed in the face with something, your head sure did hurt pretty bad.

“You were unconscious for approximately thirty-four seconds, I had thought you would've been out for a considerable more length of time. No matter, how do you feel?”

“Like you hit me in the face with a large, heavy blunt object. Aside from that, I feel fine... I think.” you testingly flex and move the rest of your body, “Yeah, I'm fine aside from the headache.”

Patchouli nods, she places the book aside and begins to look around for something else, “What did you experience during your unconsciousness? Anything?”

“Well, I ended up waking up in my little 'dream world', as ah, that is...” you trial off, frowning, “well, as Yukari called it.”

“You have seen Yukari? Interesting. Continue.” comments the magician, taking down notes in a book.

“When I was there, everything looked normal... but then, I heard a voice. It spoke, and it felt like I could hear it in my head, but I also thought I could hear it in the world around me, like you normally hear someone speak. It was puzzling, it didn't say much, and then well, I woke up.”

You can hear the furious scribbling as the magician's pen makes rapid movements over the book, eventually you notice the pen is scribbling on its own as Patchouli picks up another book from her pile.

“Very well. We'll go onto the next test then, this time I need you to...”

~

After several more tests, resulting in various degrees of discomfort and pain, the magician finally releases you when Sakuya returns to inform you Remilia is ready to see you. Koakuma returns, returning your grimoire to you, and she begins to discuss something with her master before the maid leads you out of the library.

“How did it go?” asks the silver-haired woman, leading you down the hallways.

“It was quite the ah, unique experience I suppose? At least it wasn't a lot of touching or anything, and I didn't have to take my clothes off like some doctor's exam or something.”

“Ah, don't worry I'm sure next time she'll have you strip naked and pose for her or something.” teases Sakuya, grinning, “In all honesty, I do believe you fascinate her from an intellectual point of view. Do not be surprised if she attempts to experiment on you further during your visit during Halloween, Lady Patchouli can be quite determined in her pursuits.”

She leads you to what you think is the room from before, then again the twists and turns felt different this time, so you couldn't be certain. The room still looks the same as before, with Remilia still at the table and Reimu off to the side lounging lazily on the couch.

“Ah there you are, sorry to keep you waiting Reina. Please, have a seat, I suspect you would like some tea? Pache's experiments can be quite taxing as I understand, it has been a long time since I've ever had her attempt any examination on me.”

Taking a seat at the table, you thank Sakuya as she places a fresh cup of tea in front of you. The vampiress interlaces her fingers and rests her chin ontop of them, looking at you with a slight smile.

“I was planning on speaking to you during the party, but I guess this saves me the time and allows you to mingle more tomorrow. While I'm sure my previous payment was flattering enough, I would like to offer you another – a reading, of your fate more precise. While I can't say it'll be terribly interesting, fate is a complicated thing you understand, I thought I may as well extend the offer.

“And, speaking of parties, may I ask as to whom you may have invited? I know it is not Reimu, for she has not told me so. Of course, if you wish to decline my offer, you are free to leave at any time and I shall be delighted to see you at the party.”

- - -

Remilia's offer:
[ ] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[ ] Question Remilia on anything? (write-in)
[ ] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
- - [ ] Lie and tell her something else? (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 106756
[x] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
-[x] If Remilia reacts, assure her that Yuuka is a nice person (if short tempered in terms of people abusing flowers)

I see no harm in the reading as long as we don't get too caught up into it. It's just a possibility.
>> No. 106768
[x] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?

Well sure.
>> No. 106772
[ø] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
Something along the line of 'fate is for one to determine'.
[ø] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106773
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
-[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106774
>>106772
I meant 'fate is best left to be determined by one's actions'.
>>106773
fast anonymous is fast.
>> No. 106775
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
-[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106776
[x] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106777
[0] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
-[1] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106779
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
-[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106781
[X] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[X] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?

At least this way we know vaguely what to expect, and can react accordingly.
>> No. 106782
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
-[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?

I'd rather not know how things are going to turn out.
>> No. 106783
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
-[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106790
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
-[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106795
[x] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?

I see no problem with this
>> No. 106805
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106807
[+] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[+] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
-[+] If Remilia reacts, assure her that Yuuka is a nice person (if short tempered in terms of people abusing flowers)

Agreed. It might reveal a bit more about Reina's purpose in Gensoukyou, or it might just be a nice way to pass the time.
>> No. 106812
[+] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[+] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
-[+] If Remilia reacts, assure her that Yuuka is a nice person (if short tempered in terms of people abusing flowers)
>> No. 106814
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106821
[x] Free reading? Can't hurt!
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?
>> No. 106884
File 126023737872.jpg - (195.46KB , 943x914 , 4739.jpg ) [iqdb]
106884
[x] "That is very generous of you, Remilia, however I would have to kindly decline the offer."
[x] Tell her you're bringing Yuuka?

The offer was rather tempting, even if Remilia's powers may have turned out to be an overly glorified fortune teller's 'abilities', but if by chance they weren't, wouldn't get a reading from Remilia influence your decisions throughout life? Probably be better to press on in life without knowing what the future might hold, make each decision based solely on your own feelings and thoughts.

You flash the mistress of the mansion a smile, “No thanks Remilia. It's a generous offer, but I'm afraid I must decline.”

Remilia's expression is one of surprise, her eyes widen slightly and her mouth hangs open a moment. There's an awkward moment before her mouth closes, her lips curl up in a smile and she laughs. You can hear Reimu from behind you laughing as well.

“You are an interesting one Reina! I always thought most humans were curious about what their future holds for them, even if they have to receive the information from someone such as me. It isn't often I offered to do this, and yet you decline? I'm quite impressed Reina, I suppose you wish to carve your fate with your own two hands eh? Without a single hint to help guide you along? Most amusing.” the vampiress picked up her cup and took a sip from it, “Very well, I wish you the best of luck in life Reina. It should be one full of rather... unique situations. And that is all I will say on the matter, well beyond perhaps the occasional sage-sounding, yet obscure, word here and there from now on.”

“You never could help meddling in someone's fate when it interests you, can you?” comments Reimu from the couch,

“Meddling sounds like i'm doing something bad! I assure you, I'm merely interested. I will keep my advice to a minimum of course, although on that note, the doors of the mansion are always open to you. If you ever seek my advice, or the advice or guidance of anyone within its walls, please feel free to come. Heck, come even if all you want to do is sit around and stare at a wall or something.”

“Thank you Remilia, yet another generous offer. Not to be rude, but if there's nothing else to do I would take my leave... Patchouli's little ah, examination, as a little tiring and I have to make sure I'll be ready for your party tomorrow night right?”

Remilia smiled and nodded her head, “Of course. Feel free to leave at your leisure, I look forward to seeing what kind of costume you'll bring. Maybe you can convince Reimu to dress up for once, she always just puts a hairpin in her hair or something and claims it's a costume.”

“It's a costume if I don't wear it every day, right!” snaps the miko, hopping off the couch, “Never said anything about having to wear something entirely new.”

“I would think my invitations mentions that somewhere, or at least specifically on your own. Perhaps you have selective reading my dear.” the mistress grinned.

As you started to leave you halted midstep, when you turned to look at Remilia, her face sported a slight grin.

“Forgot to tell me something, didn't you? Tsk, tsk. Who were you bringing with you to the party Reina?”

“Actually, I was bringing Yuuka with me.” you answer, chuckling nervously.

The vampiress raises an eyebrow curiously, “Yuuka? I didn't know she... hrm, well I see. Thank you for the heads up, I suppose I'll need to...” she trails off again, frowning, “you will keep her in line won't you? The last thing I need is for a giant danmaku brawl to break out if someone does something to offend her.”

“Just make sure you don't do anything involving hurting flowers and I think you'll do fine. She's a nice person, and I'm sure she won't cause any trouble.”

“Very well Reina, I have your word then? I'll hold you accountable for your guests actions!” Remilia laughs, taking another sip from her cup, “Now, off with you, don't want to keep Reimu waiting do you? She does like you, please do be a good friend to her.”

Saying your farewell to Remilia, you head outside of the room to find Reimu and Sakuya waiting for you. The maid gestures for the two of you to follow her, and she leads you down the mansion's hallways again until you arrive at the entrance. Sakuya says her own farewells, and the doors swing open as the two of you return to the outside world, the sun still shining brightly outside.

After leaving out the front gates, Meiling was actually awake this time, and sit atop Genjii's shell (after asking permission of course!) as you decide to plan out your day with Reimu.

“I have my rounds to make, but it's not like I have to finish it all up by today. I guess you have to look into your costume still right? I could come with you, if you need the company or something. Or well, if you have anything you wanted to do I could just come with you... or I'll just go do my rounds or something.”

- - -

The day before Halloween!:
[ ] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
- -[ ] Maybe... maybe you can ask Alice if she can make a costume for Reimu? Or if she has something? (write-in specific requests)
[ ] Lazy mode, on! Go home and be lazy and stuff.
- -[ ] Specifics? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
>+ Remilia Scarlet
>> No. 106886
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106891
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106892
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106905
[0] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[1] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[2] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106908
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] See if Alice might be able to toss together a costume, say a long black skirt, white button up shirt, and a Yorkpie Hat. (hint, Hint)
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106927
[ø] With Reimu,
[ø] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[ø] See if Alice might be able to toss together a costume, say a long black skirt, white button up shirt, and a porkpie Hat.
-[ø] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[ø] Afterwards, head for home.
---[ø] See if any of your friends can come over for some tea.

Relaxan tea time.
Rennnnnnnkoooooo
>> No. 106928
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106937
[ø] With Reimu,
[ø] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[ø] See if Alice might be able to toss together a costume, say a long black skirt, white button up shirt, and a porkpie Hat.
-[ø] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[ø] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106938
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
>> No. 106939
[x] With Reimu,
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] See if Alice might be able to toss together a costume, say a long black skirt, white button up shirt, and a porkpie Hat.
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
---[x] See if any of your friends can come over for some tea.
>> No. 106944
>>106927

Right

Since it's been said that as Maribel is to Yukari, Renko is to Reimu
>> No. 106945
>>106944

As a pair, Renko and Maribel more closely resemble Reimu and Marisa than Reimu and Yukari.
>> No. 106961
File 126030909032.jpg - (185.34KB , 1303x1057 , Renko Maribel NotMarisa Reimu.jpg ) [iqdb]
106961
Just putting it out there.

and another one.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/533788/blonde_hair-blue_eyes-elbow_gloves-eyes-gap-gloves
>> No. 107012
Update delayed due to scheduling crap, last minute important work, oversleeping, and other bad stuff.

Won't be updating until tomorrow, I apologize
>> No. 107078
File 126038248764.jpg - (150.35KB , 938x1023 , FlowerReina.jpg ) [iqdb]
107078
[x] With Reimu,
[x] Can't hurt to go to Alice's, may as well see if your costume is done right?
-[x] See if Alice might be able to toss together a costume, say a long black skirt, white button up shirt, and a porkpie Hat.
-[x] Chat with Alice for bit.
--[x] Afterwards, head for home.
---[x] See if any of your friends can come over for some tea.

“I guess I better see how that costume is coming along now that you mention it, maybe it's already done and I can get it early, see how it looks and feels. I wouldn't mind if you want to come along Reimu, who knows maybe I can convince Alice to make you one too!” you say with a grin.

The miko shakes her head, chuckling, “Suuuuuure. I'll follow your lead then Reina, I am a bit curious as to who Alice made you now that I think about it... I haven't seen her custom make something in a while.”

“Does she not do requests often?” you ask as Genjii floats up into the air.

“Well, not usually. I think that's mainly because people don't like to ask her. She's nice and all, but she's still a youkai so most humans are kind of uneasy around her you know? Plus I think they assume she'll charge them for it... I guess she might, but she's usually pretty easy-going about it I suppose.” answers Reimu, shrugging, “She usually just makes stuff for herself or her dolls. Though I always see her wearing that same old dress so I'm not sure if she is making anything for herself now that I think about it.”

After a quick flight the two of you landed in the clearing surrounding Alice's home, walking up to the door you knock your fist on it gently. After a few moments, the door clicks and it swings open.

“Oh, Reina, Reimu. I'm surprised to see you, especially both of you at once. What brings you here?” asks the puppeteer, looking at you with surprise.

“Reimu is just tagging along, but ah I thought I could see how the costume is going?”

Alice's face brightens and she gestures inside, “Ah yes of course, how could I forget? Please come in, come in, just follow me...”

Following the youkai into her house, noting the house still looked just as clean and pristine as always, you and Reimu were led back into Alice's workshop. You noted here the amount of clothing seemed to have increased, although you attribute this to the simple fact more of the wardrobes and such were open. Alice busily looks around in various wardrobes before pulling out an outfit covered in a white sheet, she brings it over to you with a smile.

“Here it is. It's all wrapped up so, go ahead unwrap it! Try it on.”

Carefully tearing away at the white sheet, you hold up the unveiled outfit in front of you. It's certainly... well, a flowery magician. The outfit reminded you of Marisa's a bit, although it had some noteable differences. For one the skirt was much shorter, you had to guess it might cover as far as your thighs, if not a little less in some spots. It contained a big white bow on the back, that matched the 'main' part of the outfit which was all white as well. It had a yellow apron-like section that likely tied around the waist.

As you examined the outfit, Alice came back with a pair of socks with small green ribbons, a green and yellow flower-like hat, and even carried a giant flower in one hand.

“Marisa helped me with this one.” noted Alice, gesturing to the large flower, “It's not magically enchanted or anything, she's still working on that, but I guess it fits the outfit right? Why not try it on?”

Before you could really accept or deny, the puppeteer hurrily pushes you off behind a curtain where you undress and go about slipping into the costume. After a moment, you poke your head of the curtains, your face a bit blushed.

“W-well, I got it on! It fits just fine!”

Reimu grinned, “Well, why not show us? It looks rather lovely.”

Surpressing a sigh, you nod your head ducking back behind the curtains as you place the hat on your head. Taking a breath in, you push the curtain away and stand a bit embarrassed in the outfit. As you had thought, the skirt was rather short and the socks only concealed so much leg, leaving from about your knee to your thighs uncovered.

You felt a bit silly, but Reimu and Alice merely nodded their heads in approval.

“Wonderful, it fits you just fine doesn't it? How does it feel?” asks Alice, clapping her hands together,

“It feels a bit tight around the bust actually...” you comment, noting how the outfit very well emphasized your bust.

“I thought it should show off your good parts! If it's a bit tight, maybe you've grown a bit since last time?” teased the youkai, laughing.

“Geez, Reina has a rather... ah, er... t-that is... the outfit looks wonderful Reina! You've out done yourself Alice, I'm sure even Remilia will be impressed.”

Sticking your tongue out at Reimu playfully, you grin, “Hey, why not get something for Reimu? I heard she never dresses up for Halloween! You can't custom make her anything but...” you rub your chin a moment, “how about... a long skirt, preferably black, a white button-up shirt and say... a uhm, well a hat. Not sure what you call it but it kinda looks like this...”

Nodding her head, the puppeter goes about digging through her collection as Reimu gasps in surprise.

“H-hey I didn't ask for a costume!” she snaps, even snapping her fingers to emphasize her point.

“But it isn't much of a party if you don't dress up! Come on Reimu, do it for me~?” you ask with a smile.

The miko blushes and slowly nods her head, before being ushered away by an eager Alice. A few moments later she emerges from the curtain, wearing exactly what you had requested in addition to a hat you believe was called a 'porkpie' hat. Though Reimu looked a bit embarrassed, you couldn't help but notice she looked at herself in a mirror with a slight nod of approval.

“Hey... this doesn't look too bad actually.” comments the miko, fiddling with her hat, “Not too bad at all... I might actually wear this. Think I can borrow it Alice?”

“Go right ahead, I don't really need it. It does look rather nice however, Reina has some good taste.”

“I'm a bit surprised at my own taste as well, I never thought I had much fashion sense really.” you say with a shrug, “How have you been anyway Alice? Planning on going to the party tomorrow?”

The puppeteer nodded her head, “I'm going with Marisa actually. This is a rare thing, for her to go to anything invited I mean. And I've been fine, thank you for asking. I haven't been doing much once I finished your costume, I'm afraid I don't ever really do too much.”

“All the more to enjoy the party right? You need to get out more Alice, you're always cooped up in your house all the time. Your dolls don't make substitutes for real people you know.” points out Reimu matter-of-factly,

“I could say the same of you! On getting out that is, although well... I guess you're out with Reina right now so, well... huh. Guess I do need to get out a bit more if even Reimu is spending more time out and about then me...” mutters Alice quietly, frowning slightly,

“Well, if you want to get out more why not come over Alice? I can make tea and well, we can think of... something I suppose.” you suggest with a smile.

Alice nods her head in response, “Very well. I'll bring some things of my own, so I'll come by in a little bit. Would you mind if I bring Marisa as well?”

“I don't see a problem with that, do you want to come along too Reimu?”

“Sounds fine to me. I'll just get changed first...”

~

As the tea was being made, you took the time to tend to your garden and help yourself to picking the overly ripe, yet somehow never spoiled, fruits and vegetables deciding to cook up a rather large meal for your guests. You also picked a number of herbs to use in tea, and had decided to mix up a few batches so everyone could experiment with various mixtures.

You had stored your costume away for now, deciding it might be best to wait until the party to wear it so it might still have some surprise to any surprise guests, and maybe Marisa hadn't seen it either. With Alice, Reimu, and Marisa coming over though you had to wonder what all of you would be doing to pass the time...

You had never really been much of a hostess, but it seemed getting friends had that effect. Well, that and constantly offering for them to cover over you suppose.

- - -

Party! Kinda? Maybe? Who knows.:
[ ] Well you need something to do, right?
- -[ ] Share stories? (Specifics)
- -[ ] Play some kind of game? (write-in)
- -[ ] Danmaku!? (write-in)
- -[ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- - [ ] Aya?
- - [ ] Yuuka?
- - [ ] Other?
- - [ ] Tell them if you're inviting others?
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
>+ Alice Margatroid
>+ Reimu Hakurei
>Gained “Flowery Magician” outfit!

I have a question for you all. Does the overly write-in dependent nature of my CYOA come off as good or bad?
>> No. 107081
[X] Well you need something to do, right?
-[X] Play some kind of game?
- -[X] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[X] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [X] Aya?
- [X] Yuuka?

The more, the merrier!
The write-in style of RiG is excellent, IMO.
>> No. 107085
It's good I guess, but you should prepare more default options in case anon's feeling lazy... like I am right now. Sorry.
>> No. 107091
[X] Well you need something to do, right?
-[X] Play some kind of game?
- -[X] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[X] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [X] Aya?
- [X] Yuuka?
>> No. 107093
>>107078

It's not too bad at all.

[X] Well you need something to do, right?
-[X] Play some kind of game?
- -[X] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[X] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [X] Aya?
- [X] Yuuka?

Amusing post for various reasons. Blushing growing girl moe.
>> No. 107110
[X] Well you need something to do, right?
-[X] Play some kind of game?
- -[X] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[X] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [X] Aya?
- [X] Yuuka?
>> No. 107111
[x] Well you need something to do, right?
-[x] Play some kind of game?
- -[x] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[x] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [x] Aya?
- [x] Yuuka?
>> No. 107112
[x] Well you need something to do, right?
-[x] Play some kind of game?
- -[x] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[x] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [x] Aya?
- [x] Yuuka?
>> No. 107170
[x] Well you need something to do, right?
-[x] Play some kind of game?
- -[x] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[x] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [x] Aya?
- [x] Yuuka?
>> No. 107171
Nice costume, and nice picture, Reina certainly looks in 'full bloom' who's the artist I wonder.
>> No. 107172
An unstealthy and entirely awkward, stumbling bump.
>> No. 107282
File 126049589723.png - (1.97MB , 1000x1262 , e6d7cf465183963c41ec9ed64cfeba08.png ) [iqdb]
107282
[x] Well you need something to do, right?
-[x] Play some kind of game?
- -[x] Do you have any playing cards? Play blackjack or poker.
[x] Maybe you could invite over some other people...
- [x] Aya?
- [x] Yuuka?

With only Reimu at your house for now, merely lazily lounging around somewhere upstairs, you take a small break from slaving over the kitchen stove to write out an invitation to Aya. It had been a little while since you'd last seen her after all, and having her come over didn't sound like a bad idea, the more the merrier right? Placing the note outside with the crow's feather, as usual, you leave the crow to do its work as you return the kitchen before you burn something, or worse, set your house on fire. That would probably end up plastered all over Aya's paper: “Outsider burns house down with herself in it.”

Maybe that's why you're not a newspaper writer, that title hardly sounded catchy at all. Pushing the thought aside, you fish about in your pocket for the seeds Yuuka gave you – if you were inviting Aya as well, and most everyone you knew was coming over, why not invite her as well? Maybe you could tease her with saying how great your costume was! And see what she was going to bring, come to think of it...

Yuuka?” you 'speak' to the seeds.

There's a few moments before you hear a response, “What is it my little flower?

Sorry to disturb you but ah, would you like to come over? I'm having a bit of a party I suppose, so I thought I should invite you too...

You make it sound as if asking me is such an inconvenience little flower, you know I would come see you any time you wish. Whom have you already invited little flower?” asks the youkai's voice in your mind.

You take a moment to place some finished food on a plate, “Well Reimu is already here, Alice is bringing Marisa, and I just invited Aya... ah, is there something you would like to eat Yuuka?

I see. And do not trouble yourself Reina, all I wish is for you to prepare me some tea. Nothing in it, if you could be so kind, I will provide my own additions as usual. I shall be along shortly little flower. Merely some business to finish.

Releasing your grip on the seeds, you return your full attention to cooking up the food and preparing the tea. It was going to be a rather crowded house tonight, if they all spent the night how could you possibly hold them all? Well, aside from crowding your bed you suppose...

~

“Marisa, stop hogging all the food! Lemme have some!” shouts Reimu, clashing forks with Marisa over food,

“Me!? Hogging food! You're already on your who knows what plate ze! It's mine!” retorts the witch, riposting the miko's advances.

Alice merely rolls her eyes as she quietly sips from her tea cup, only watching the clash of forks with mild interest. Yuuka of course, pays it no attention standing off to the side looking out the window, nursing her own cup of tea. Aya is busy providing her own commentary as she furious scribbles in her notebook.

You? You're busy running around like a fool chicken with its head cut off, trying to provide enough food for the guests of yours that do eat. Hadn't even had much time to eat yourself, beyond sneaking a bite or two beyond the 'testing' taste. Being a hostess was hard work, what you wouldn't do to have Sakuya's time manipulation power...

That would be something, wouldn't it?” giggles a voice within your mind.

The voice caught you offguard, and you end up looking about you curiously wondering if there was some unannounced guest. It had felt like speaking to Yuuka, yet... not. For one, Yuuka never giggled, and secondly you didn't think she could read your mind. Well, unless you were holding the seeds and happened to think in their 'direction'. Also, this voice just felt... different, like it was really inside your head, rather then being heard in your ears. It was a difficult sensation to describe.

“Something wrong Reina?” asks Reimu, glancing over at your direction, “You look dist- hey! Dammit Marisa, you can't go stealing food when I'm trying to show concern!”

“All is fair in love and war! And this was a war of food ze.” replies Marisa with a grin,

“Really Marisa, you could stand to at least act a little older...” sighs the puppeteer.

Sighing, the miko gets up from her seat and walks over to you, “Marisa's food stealing aside, are you alright?”

“I'm fine, don't worry about it. I just ah, thought I heard someone say something about uhm... stuff. I'll get some more food on the table in a minute, don't worry about me Reimu.”

Reimu frowns but slowly nods her head, returning to her seat. You notice Yuuka watches her walk back with mild interest, she glances over to you.

The shrine maiden showing such concern is rare. She must be taking quite the liking to you little flower. However, I agree with her. Are you alright? You did look most distracted earlier.

You merely smile and nod to Yuuka in reply, your hands busy with carrying fresh food to the table and taking a moment to clear away the dirty dishes. The flower youkai nods her head in response, before returning her gaze to the outside.

The rest of dinner (or was it lunch now? You honestly had no idea anymore) was uneventful, with no more odd inside-your-mind voices interrupting you, and only the occasional food battle breaking out. It was amazing how much Reimu and Marisa could eat, although Alice's lack of eating struck you as unusual. When you mentioned it to her, she merely smiled and mentioned something about food being a price to be what she was or something.

After clearing the table and doing the dishes, of which there was quite a few, you join your guests in lounging around in the kitchen. You really needed a better place to relax in, your house never really had an area like a living room or a recreation room, maybe you should see if someone in Gensokyo did house extensions or modifications, something like that. With the work of cooking out of the way, you finally have the time to eat some of your own food, as your guests chatter amongst themselves.

“So Reina, now what? Didja have somethin' else planned besides fillin' our stomachs? Thanks for the food by the way.” asks Marisa, picking at her teeth with a toothpick,

“Well, I guess we could play something. I've only got board games and stuff but ah, well...” you pause, tapping your fork against your plate in thought, “we could play cards? Poker or blackjack?”

“I think I've heard of those before. They're gambling games right?” comments Aya, “I didn't really bring money with me...”

“Well usually yes, but you can just play them for fun or use made-up money. You don't need to use actual money.” you reply, “Things like tokens, or just keeping track on paper works just as fine.”

“I think I still remember how to play, I wouldn't mind playing that. It's quite interesting actually.” says Reimu,

The witch grins at the miko, “Comin' from the loser of the last game, that's quite somethin'.”

“I'm afraid you'll need to teach me little flower, but I wouldn't mind playing.”

Finishing up your meal, you gesture for your friends to wait upstairs in the guestroom as you throw some more wood into the fire. With that out of the way, you fetch your deck of cards from your workshop and head upstairs to where your guests are patiently waiting.

To your surprise, you notice there's some small cups and bottles waiting, a quick check reveals the bottles are sake. You certainly didn't own any sake, so one of your guests must've brought them, but you can't imagine which one considering you didn't see any of them bring in anything. Given that, it was likely Aya (or she was at least involved) considering her speed.

Still, you decided not to bring up the point and merely took a seat at the overly crowded table in the room. Sitting over by Yuuka, you give her a quick lesson in both the rules of poker and blackjack, as your learned guests decide amongst themselves on which to play. The flower youkai proves to be a quick learner, and it only takes a few moments for her to grasp the basics of the game.

“Both seem simple enough little flower, I would be fine with either. Although I suspect poker would be more suitable in the situation, unless you wish to be the dealer for blackjack.” comments Yuuka,

The witch rubs her chin, studying you a moment, “I think I could imagine Reina workin' in some kinda casino in one of them ah, whatcha call 'em? Bunnygirl suits or somethin'? I can see it, she's got the figure and stuff right?”

“I think you're right Marisa. I don't think we have casinos here though, have you been hearing stories from Yukari or something?”

“Well, we don't have any formal casinos, but I think there's some little establishments... I haven't really gone and studied them or reviewed them though, so I can't say for sure if they have bunnygirls.” comments the tengu, flipping through her notebook.

Your face is beet red from the thought of wearing one of those suits. You had seen them before, in books of course, and couldn't imagine yourself having to wear one of those. Especially with all that exposed back! It would leave so little to the imagination!

The puppeteer shakes her head, “Really Marisa, I bet you're thinking of Reina in one of those outfits right now. And no, before you even ask, I'm not going to make one.” she takes a sip from her sake cup, “Not that I couldn't of course...” she mutters under her breath.

“Ah, I betcha you'd love to make one Alice! I'll get ya to make one eventually, mark my words! Then I'll find a way for Reina to wear it ze!” boasts the blonde-haired human.

Coughing into your hand, you shake your head, “Bunnygirl dreams aside... what shall we play? Or will I have to decide?”

“So quick to change the subject, eh Reina?” teases Reimu with a grin, “I think the general opinion is poker would work out best.”

Digging around in your pockets, you place a large pile of plastic chips onto the table, “We'll use these for betting then. I'll just evenly divide these out... if you run out of chips, you lose. The winner will be who owns all the chips, easy enough?”

“Well, what if we wanna keep playin' though?” asks Marisa, scooping up her share of the chips,

“I don't think there's a buyback or anything in effect this game Marisa, so...” replies Alice with a shrug,

- - -

Poker game!:
[ ] Buyback system?
- [ ] Could buy in for a favor to whoever made you go bankrupt once?
- [ ] … c-clothing?
- [ ] Other
[ ] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[ ] Well poker it is, but how should you play? (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

If you so happen to go the clothing route, or even favor route, it's going to be mostly randomly determined. Well, modified by how you choose to play. Unless you wish for some shorter updates so you can provide input for Reina every few rounds, as tomorrow is the weekend I can provide multiple updates if you wish for shorter ones.
>> No. 107285
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
-- [x] If that's too much, just favors then.
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? 5 card, aces high, no jokers

Let's see what happens.

I'm sure if Marisa wins she will make Reina dress up in a bunny suit. (Someone should draw that)
>> No. 107288
>“That would be something, wouldn't it?” giggles a voice within your mind.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD YUKARI!!
to tell you the truth, I'm really not sure who this is: so far, my guesses are either Sakuya, Remilia or Yukari, althought beside Yukari, I'm not sure how the other two would have communicated with us.

poker time!
[ø] Buyback system?
- [ø] … c-clothing?
*blushing heavily* "using c-clothes worked last time..."
-- [x] If that's too much, just favors then.
[ø] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
-Drinking just a 'little' bit of Sake couldn't possibly go wrong, could it?
[ø] Well poker it is, but how should you play?
-cautiously, making moderate bets when appropriate. (I'm a terrible poker player... ;_;)
[ø] Other
-"I know this sounds strange, but is there anyone in Gensokyo that can talk to you, like project their thought inside your head?" - and perhaps explained what happened during dinner.
>> No. 107298
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? 5 card, aces high, no jokers
>> No. 107301
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? Open (Texas Hold 'Em)

's a lot of fun.
>> No. 107309
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? (5 card, aces high, no jokers)
>> No. 107332
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? 5 card, aces high, no jokers
>> No. 107371
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? 5 card, aces high, no jokers
Meh, I know nothing about poker so the last one is just a formality copy. Also, bunnygirl Reina? Very yes.
>> No. 107434
[X] Buyback system?
- [X] ... c-clothing?
[X] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[X] Well poker it is, but how should you play?
- [X] Open (Texas Hold 'Em)

Please, no five card draw.
>> No. 107480
Update is starting, delayed due to me sleeping a lot yesterday.

However, I'm having a slight issue. As this isn't Hakurei Shrine of Cards, I don't wish to do a round-by-round breakdown. Plus this is a six player game, where as HSC was only four this could cause this whole little 'event' to consume an entire thread or more, perhaps.

But on the other, I don't wish to 'autopilot' it too much. What are your thoughts? Would you prefer it to be autopilot'd up to a certain point (i.e. Reina about to lose critical clothing or some such) or would you prefer it to follow a round similar to HSC - only instead you get your input in every few rounds or something, rather then every?

Also the vote was called as:
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? (5 card, aces high, no jokers)
>> No. 107483
>>107480
>this could cause this whole little 'event' to consume an entire thread or more
Snowball fight~
>> No. 107488
every few rounds sounds nice.
>> No. 107490
>>107480
autopiloting until when Reina is about to lose a critical clothing sounds nice~
>> No. 107495
>>107490
This.
>> No. 107497
>>107490
Since this seems to be the most popular thought of the moment, what would you define as 'critical'?

After all thats kind of a variable thing for people. Logically critical is the last layer - but to some it might be the very last (i.e. in this scenario, any of the players panties)

On the other, it may be the bra/panties. Or possibly the shirt, or heck even pants. What would you all think would qualify as Reina's "critical" clothing?
>> No. 107498
>>107497
Whichever articles of clothing that will lead to about 3 or 4 updates of poker, and drunken banter and fun.
>> No. 107500
>>107497

I think Bra and panties (though Reina might be outgrowing her bra if Alice's remark at the fitting is true)
>> No. 107507
Would shorter, but more 'interactive' updates of the poker game be preferable to most of it being autopiloted?
>> No. 107510
>>107507
The consensus so far seems to favour long updates and keeping it relatively brief update amount wise.
>> No. 107511
>>107510
Lots of say content per update, but stopping often enough that you can somewhat guide Reina's actions through her little game?
>> No. 107512
I say giving choices at rather key moments (when Reina has the potential for a really good hand.)
>> No. 107558
>>107512
This. Most of it should be automatic, but with one or maybe two key moments where we can decide.

'sides, we wouldn't want this party to drag on forever now, would we?
>> No. 107559
File 126072253790.png - (565.48KB , 760x1035 , e491d54f29cf30b3f8f61898f93a69fd.png ) [iqdb]
107559
[x] Buyback system?
- [x] ... c-clothing?
[x] There's some sake available, should you drink some?
[x] Well poker it is, but how should you play? (5 card, aces high, no jokers)

“Uhm, well you know if you wanted to buyback in we could, ah well...” you scratch at your chin nervously, the thought in your head a bit of an awkward one, “could buyback in for, uhm... c-clothing?”

You feel like there's an awkward silence as five sets of eyes stare at you, with varying degrees of 'feel'. The thought enters your head that if they could all shoot lasers from their eyes or something, if you wouldn't have been burnt to a crisp right then and there by someone...

“Well, seems Reina wants to have a non-drunken version of our last card game eh?” teases the witch, breaking the uneasy silence, “I betcha Reimu will chicken out again like last time ze.”

“You've played this with these rules before Marisa?” asks the tengu curiously, glancing to the witch, then the miko, and lastly to you.

“I did not chicken out!” snaps Reimu, glaring at the witch before looking to Aya, “Well, yeah we did a while ago. Reina did rather good actually, but the game never really finished... not sure how I feel about it. I mean, you're here and you have that newspaper... and a camera...”

Aya flinched as four sets of eyes, excluding your own, all began to rest on her. Compared to the looks you had gotten before, these ones seemed a few degrees more sinister and menacing. Poor Aya.

“I-I won't take any pictures, I swear! I won't even write about it! Stop looking at me like that!” gasps the tengu, chuckling nervously, “I-I mean, I might write the occasional awkward thing about you all, but I think I know what is too much... that is, when you'll find me and cook me alive or something equally horrible.”

“Very well, I do not see a problem with that arrangement my little flower. Though I must admit, I'm surprised to hear you of all people suggest it...” the flower youkai's gaze glances towards Marisa for just a second, “perhaps the company you keep is rubbing off on you.”

Reimu studies Aya's nervous face for a moment, “Well, if she won't write about it, I guess that's fine.”

“A bit unusual I suppose, but I guess there's no harm in a friendly game right?” comments the puppeteer with a shrug.

“Exactly! If I'm not gonna get any ryo outta this, I may as well get ta see some skin!” boasts Marisa with a grin,

Alice glanced nervously at Marisa, “Geez, revealing your intentions to everyone off the bat already...?”

“She's not exactly known to be subtle, that's for sure.” adds Aya with a shake of her head,

“You're telling me...” you say, sighing, “well, I guess since it's the easiest method we'll just play five card draw alright? Aces high, no jokers and... well, set values for clothing, or variable amount depending on the clothing in question?”

“I would think just a set amount would do best little flower, keep it simple.” suggests Yuuka,

The other players voice their agreement, and you shuffle the deck deciding to be dealer for the first round. Now it was time to see how far this game would go, huh? Or for that matter, how far would you go?

“Pass me the sake would you? I think I'll have a little myself...”

~

It had taken an hour, or more, of the game going nowhere until you had all agreed that playing with the chip count at a hundred was taking far too long – the idea of just bumping up the ante from one didn't work when people kept betting in the single digits anyway. To solve the problem, the amount of chips was just cut down by 90%, leaving everyone with just ten chips and an ante of one chip per round, with a max bet placed at five chips (only instated when Marisa began to bluff everyone out of ever betting by picking ten every time).

With such a small pool of chips, and a almost guarantee of someone having to lose something every ten rounds or so, it didn't take long for the game to really 'start'. Of course, it had only started with the boring part of the game when the players only had at risk their boring articles – things like hats, shoes, or socks.

As sake cups were filled and emptied, banter was exchanged and taunts delivered, the game ever slowly progressed. As you reached for your cup, taking only a slight sip before putting it back down you survey the scene a moment.

Thus far Marisa and Alice were in the lead, both having not lost any clothing and having most of the chips in play. Aya had fared the worst so far, having already had to sell her hat, shoes, and socks to stay in the game. Reimu was probably second worst off, having had to sell her sandals and socks. You and Yuuka had only had to sell a single article thus far, the flower youkai surrendering her shoes, and you as well.

All in all, it was going rather well for you, although Aya was in danger of having to start exposing some skin shortly. As the deck of cards made its way to Marisa, the witch grinned broadly as she shuffled the deck.

“Gonna be cleanin' up house here in no time it seems. Maybe ya regret teachin' me so well Reina, considerin' you've already lost a bit and well, look at me eh?” taunted the blonde human.

“Losing my shoes is hardly anything to fret over, now Aya on the other hand...” you glance in her direction, mouthing a quiet 'sorry', “she's in a bit more trouble. If she doesn't get some good hands soon, she might only have to imagine reporting a game where she ended up naked right?”

The tengu sighed, cupping her chin, “Indeed, I'm on my game today I guess or something. Then again, I haven't played this game in ages, and especially not with stakes like this. Still, it is rather fun, something is rather... exhilarating about it.” Aya paused to scribble something in her notebook, “Perhaps if Reina ever gives up her little restoring business, she'll end up running the first casino in all of Gensokyo or somethin' eh? Of course, she'll need that bunny suit then...”

The flower youkai made a 'tsk' sound as she drained her cup, “Such a fascination in seeing my little flower in a bunny suit, tengu. You wouldn't happen to be having more... questionable, intentions in mind would you?”

“Now, now no need to get defensive Yuuka! I can't be the only one who thinks she'd...” the tengu trails off with a shrug, “ah, nevermind. Still, it would be rather nice...”

- - -

And the game goes on...:
[ ] Strategy!
- [ ] Focus on trying to beat... (pick a character)
- [ ] Try to cheat!?
- [ ] … Try to lose?
- [ ] Other
[ ] Sake, sake...
- [ ] Drink more!
- [ ] Stop drinking?
- [ ] Other
[ ] Conversation (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka
o Bridal Set from Remilia

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
>Clothing remaining: Socks, hair tie, vest, shirt, jeans, undergarments
>You're only a little tipsy
>You're not trying to beat any one player right now

Going to try for somewhat shorter, but more frequent options to play the game out. I apologize for the immense daily, but it took me some time to figure out a system that I was comfortable with for this game to play out in.

I didn't want to simulate playing a game with six players, using 'money', by myself after all. Selecting to focus on a particular player will increase the chances of that player losing, though keep in mind some of them might cause the game to prematurely end depending upon the circumstances (or at least, they'll drop out).

Attempting to cheat can increase your odds of not losing – of course, it has a chance to backfire in which case, well, shame on you. I would imagine trying to lose is self-explanatory.
>> No. 107560
>>107558
I apologize if my format isn't in the way you wanted it, but it won't take too long I assure you. I'll help push the game along quick enough that this'll resolve sometime during the next thread.
>> No. 107561
[X]Strategy:
-[X]Be flexible about it.
[X]Sake Sake!
-[X]Drink just enough to where the others won't call you out on it, but not enough to get you shit-faced.
[X]Comment on how other people in the room might look good in different costumes.

I seriously considered voting for having Reina get drunk off her ass and lose on purpose.
>> No. 107563
[X]Strategy:
-[X]Be flexible about it.
[X]Sake Sake!
-[X]Drink just enough to maintain slight buzz, but not to the point of getting drunk.
[X]Comment on how other people in the room might look good in different costumes in a cutely embarrassed manner.
>> No. 107564
[ø]Strategy:
-[ø]Try to beat the ones who are leading.

Marisa and Alice for now, but when someone else surpasses the two magicians, try to beat her instead, therefore keeping the game more balanced. I just want to see everyone losing a bit of clothing wahahaha *evil laugh*

[ø]Sake Sake!
-[ø]Drink just enough to maintain slight buzz, but not to the point of getting drunk.
[ø]Comment on how other people in the room might look good in different costumes in a cutely embarrassed manner.
>> No. 107604
>>107564
>wahahaha *evil laugh*
No.
That is not acceptable.
>> No. 107605
[X]Strategy:
-[X]Be flexible about it.
[X]Sake Sake!
-[X]Drink just enough to where the others won't call you out on it, but not enough to get you shit-faced.
[X]Comment on how other people in the room might look good in different costumes.
>> No. 107630
[X]Strategy:
-[X]Be flexible about it.
[X]Sake Sake!
-[X]Drink more!
[X]Comment on how other people in the room might look good in different costumes.
>> No. 107653
[X]Strategy:
-[X]Be flexible about it.
[X]Sake Sake!
-[X]Drink more!
[X]Comment on how other people in the room might look good in different costumes.
Sure why not.
>> No. 107672
[X]Strategy:
-[X]Be flexible about it.
[X]Sake Sake!
-[X]Drink just enough to where the others won't call you out on it, but not enough to get you shit-faced.
[X]Comment on how other people in the room might look good in different costumes.

I'd rather not drink too much like we did last time.