[Return]
Archived thread

File 125841226932.jpg - (401.97KB , 900x1171 , abe37e2c3141f2e547446c1da093192a.jpg ) [iqdb]
104022 No. 104022
Continuation of >>103327

When no one was looking, we reached our twentieth thread. We reached our 20th thread. That's as many as two tens. And that's arguably terrible, considering the story-to-non-story post ratio in the last thread.

Friends, Anonymous, readers, lend me your ears eyes.

Firstly: >>/words/63
Lighter discussion on updates and votes is fine and dandy, but I'd like to ask y'all kindly to keep the longer shitstorms debates to this thread if at all possible. I realize this probably isn't going to happen no matter what I say, but it's at least worth a shot.

Anyway:

Routelock? - No. I had a vote for it, people didn't want it, I was also curious so I decided to have my first story on this site go without a hard lock. Call it an experiment, call it a sadistic love for shitstorms, call it whatever you like to think of it as in your head. At this stage, I'm unlikely to change this unless y'all form some sort of massive petition or something. If/when there's a second run, I'll make it an option from the beginning.
And no, this update is not a Rumia routelock. Although a Rumia route is not out of the question just yet.
Retcon? - No. The one update that I ended up partially retconning was completely the fault of me having an idiot brainfart moment. The last one, however, had nothing to do with my personal mood swings or lack of thinking; the result of the choice that won the vote was planned in advance.
Vote cap? - No. Not to toot my own horn, but I often get a lot of votes within a short span of time after posting an update; since I do one update a day at maximum (recent delays are to be blamed on me being unhealthy and feeling a need to update the other story for a change of pace), it would simply be unfair to establish some sort of arbitrary limit to the votes, potentially denying some people the ability to get their votes in.
You're an evil monster and you want to make us rage/despair. No. I love every single one of you. Except maybe the guy who wanted Rumia to get run over by a truck, because that's just mean.

Also, a few more side notes...
-You can pursue more than one route at a time to completion. Time management will, of course, be an issue.
-Parallel routes are grouped by setting. The initial seating arrangements decided the starter setting (although this was simply to give you a nudge in a direction, not a hard lock either), and we've landed on the SDM group of routes and stayed there rather firmly.
-Routes can be completed without culminating in a romantic relationship, although I'm well aware that a loner/friends-only end to the 'main' route would be a huge cop-out. Don't worry about it too hard just yet.
-No harem ends. Not even threesomes. I'm opposed to such a concept as a person. That being said, if you can bring up a convincing argument to support such a thing... I'm not beyond persuading, I suppose. I won't like it, though.

That all being said... Let's go on, shall we? If you'd like me to clarify anything else, do ask. I like to think of myself as a kind writefag at heart.

---------

You let out a tired sigh. What a way to start a morning... And what the hell was up with Flandre? Not only did she come to your house only to go straight back home right away, despite wanting to spend time with you today, but you definitely sensed some unnecessarily hostile vibes from her towards Rumia, to the point of psychologically terrorizing the girl. All things considered, you'd reckon Rumia is quite well aware of Flandre's potential danger level, should the two find themselves at odds without you being present to keep the vampire girl in check... You've viewed Flandre as an innocent little angel so far, oblivious to the workings of the world around her in need of someone to help her adjust, and yet today... Today you saw another side of her. An ugly side. You're not sure how that makes you feel towards her, or if it changes your view of her to a significant degree, but for now you've got someone else that you feel you ought to turn your attention to.

Rumia.

You hesitate for about half a second. Before you lies the little monster that's been antagonizing you since you first got here, at first trying to have you for lunch, then kill you out of vengeance, then turn your life miserable, harassing you on a daily basis...
And yet...
And yet right now you can't see a monster, but a scared little girl, terrified of the situation she was just in, curled up in a fetal position, the sheer stress of her experience having cracked open a previously unseen side of her.

In a way, you find the scene ironic in a sad sense... To see Rumia, of all people, that scared, when your own utterly paradoxical lack of fear seems to have been the motivation behind her personal vendetta towards you in the first place. To be fair, the Flandre you saw just now sent a bit of a chill down your spine as well. Perhaps you should seek the advice of the other residents of the mansion, before you confront the girl again; something just feels off, and you'd rather defer to the insight of those who have known her longer than two weeks. Speaking of which... It might have been just a bit presumptuous of you to hope to stick a grue and a vampire in the same room and hope they'd get along, especially if the vampire in question has a memory of Rumia strangling you.

That's right. This isn't her fault. You should've given the situation more thought, but... Well, what's done is done. Looking at her, you can't help but feel the chains of guilt constricting your chest; the girl's grown on you somehow, as illogical as that is. You've got to make this right. Moving over to the bed, you sit down next to her, unsure of what - if anything - you should say. Apologize? No, she doesn't need that right now. Throwing hesitation to the wind, you carefully lift the sheet she's covered herself with, making your way underneath, into the darkness with her. You put your arms around her, trying your best to be gentle, to be comforting, not speaking a word, closing your eyes and letting the darkness embrace you; her sobs and occasional twitching are the only things you sense for a while, holding her close like this.

It's...

Nice, somehow. Whether this is out of some sort of white-knight desire to comfort sad girls, or something else you might not understand at the moment, well... You'll have plenty of time to think of such things later. She seems to calm down, her breathing slowing and becoming more stable, and for a moment you wonder if she's fallen asleep, in your arms like this. You shrug off the brief thought of what it would mean if anyone caught you with her like this. A soft hand reaches up and grips your wrist; firmly at first, before loosening again, but not releasing you. You find it difficult to compare to her usual nearly bone-crunching grip, the way she doesn't normally bother suppressing her strength much at all.

"...Why didn't you go after her..? After all, you're not afraid of her at all, unlike me..."

"...Do you want me to go?" You try to move, but her grip tightens around your wrist; not to the point of being painful, but enough to keep you in place, unable to leave her. You sight softly, before continuing.
"I can deal with her later. She seems to be in a... complicated mood. And besides, I figured you wouldn't want to be alone right now."

"...I'm used to it." She sniffs, loudly.

"Still."

"..."

"What about your friends? Mystia, and the other first-years-..."

"Mysty's been busy lately. Music club stuff, trying to teach herself guitar... She went and spent her earnings for the last month on some kind of guide on how to learn to play one from Kourindou, yesterday. She says you inspired her, and she wants to be come an 'idol' or something..." Another sniffle.
"...I don't really understand her at all these days. I guess I hope she does well, whatever it is she tries to do with her life."

"That's commendable of you."

"Yeah, well..." She throws the sheets off you, wiping her face with the back of her hand. You try to release her, but stop trying once you realize she's still got you in her grip. You guess you don't mind, really.

"...Cirno's been getting all friendly with the crazy vampire girl, and I'm not sure what to do about that. And as for Wriggle, she's become even more friendly with humans than she already was..."

"Do you really hate humans that much?"

She turns her head to face you, eyes wide, the whites of her eyes pink from all the crying.
"Of course I do!"

"But why? What have humans ever done to you? I want to understand you better, so-..."

"Why? Why!? Because humans hate us youkai, too. Isn't that reason enough? They look at us like pests, vermin, bugs that should be exterminated... What have humans ever done to me, you ask?" Turning around to face you with her body, quickly adjusting her grip on your wrist before you could move away (assuming you would even have tried to do so), glaring at you and baring her awfully sharp teeth. You do your best to remain calm and maintain eye contact with her, listening to what she has to say.
"I don't remember much at all about my mother... Only bits and pieces... Do you know what she told me? She told me never to be afraid; that humans are the ones who should be afraid of youkai. She told me that for there to be balance, youkai need to be monsters, and humans need to fear them... If humans don't fear us, we might as well not exist. But this... this whole school thing, it's just... just... It's just wrong!" Her eyes become watery again, though she's quick to rub them whenever there's a risk of a tear forming, not wanting you to see her in such a state.
"But I was afraid. I was afraid of humans, so very, very afraid, years ago, all alone... I felt weak and useless. I felt like I had betrayed mother, that she had left me because I was a failure. She told me never to be afraid, and that I'd grow up to be a great and powerful youkai just like her, but I... I..." She swallows, the words becoming increasingly difficult to spit out.
"...I ran from them. I hid from them. From their weapons, from their anger. They weren't afraid of me at all. But I remembered mother's words, I remembered mother's... gift." Gift?
"I became stronger. I forced myself not to be afraid anymore; I didn't allow myself the emotion. I started killing to survive. I started enjoying their taste... I started to understand..."

"Rumia, you-..."

"I what? I'm wrong? Don't you dare tell me I'm wrong, you-... I-..." She squeezes your wrist a bit tighter, yet her hand is shaking, unable to summon up strength; her words come out stutteringly as she chokes back her tears, ineffectively pounding her fist against your chest with the force appropriate for a human girl of her size.
"...Don't you dare ruin my memories of mother, what little I have of them."



[] Just stay quiet.
-{} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.
-{} Leave her be, assuming she'll release your wrist.
[] "I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Human and youkai shouldn't be enemies; I can see a beautiful world where we can all just get along, where we can live among one another in peace. Come on, Rumia... All the others that go to school with us seem to have adapted. Isn't it about time for you to forget about this, too? Look at Remilia and Flandre - vampires, going out in the day, interacting with a human like me on an equal level, not turning me into a walking bloodpack. Isn't such a world something to be desired? Even mothers can make mistakes..."
[] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."
[] "Maybe... Maybe you have a point. Maybe monsters are necessary. When I was in the bamboo forest, I think I understood what you were trying to tell me all along. I truly felt afraid for my life, there; being chased by wild youkai, nearly getting killed by one that got too close. Maybe humans shouldn't forget their place in the food chain after all... For our own safety. I think this is what your mother was trying to tell you, and I should thank you for teaching me this."
[] (Write-in)

>> No. 104023
[x] Just stay quiet.
-{x} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.

Actions > Words and whatnot.
>> No. 104025
>Routelock? - No. I had a vote for it, people didn't want it

Wasn't there more 'yay' than 'nay' that time? I do believe there was more supportes than opposers, but I can be wrong.

>>104023

Not always.

[] "I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Human and youkai shouldn't be enemies; I can see a beautiful world where we can all just get along, where we can live among one another in peace. Come on, Rumia... All the others that go to school with us seem to have adapted. Isn't it about time for you to forget about this, too? Look at Remilia and Flandre - vampires, going out in the day, interacting with a human like me on an equal level, not turning me into a walking bloodpack. Isn't such a world something to be desired? Even mothers can make mistakes..."
>> No. 104027
[x] Just stay quiet.
-{x} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.
>> No. 104028
>Not even threesomes. I'm opposed to such a concept as a person.

You are a horrible, horrible little person.
>> No. 104029
[X] Just stay quiet.
-{X} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.

>>104025
>Wasn't there more 'yay' than 'nay' that time? I do believe there was more supportes than opposers, but I can be wrong.

You are wrong.
>> No. 104030
This is an opportunity to try and make Rumia change. Yet, you think that saying nothing is going to do any good? Yes, actons can make a difference, but it must be supported by words and motivating speeches to open someone's eyes and ears. People can be stuborn; it's good to make sure one has completely got the message.
>> No. 104032
[x] "Maybe... Maybe you have a point. Maybe monsters are necessary. When I was in the bamboo forest, I think I understood what you were trying to tell me all along. I truly felt afraid for my life, there; being chased by wild youkai, nearly getting killed by one that got too close. Maybe humans shouldn't forget their place in the food chain after all... For our own safety. I think this is what your mother was trying to tell you, and I should thank you for teaching me this."
>> No. 104035
[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."

Balance is good.
>> No. 104036
[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."

Consider the very possibility of who her mother is, this would be more like it. And Gensokyo does function off of a certain balance.

Also consider the Human village, it's canonically stated that humans give Youkai a considerable deal of respect (as if they were their elders) And that most Youkai that shop/live there don't give humans any problems.

It's mainly particularly wild or reckless young youkai that try to attack humans.

This choice would help Rumia mature better to fit in Gensokyo and general society.
>> No. 104037
[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."
>> No. 104038
[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."
>> No. 104039
[x] Just stay quiet.
-{x} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.
>> No. 104041
>>104040

Stop it. Just...stop.
>> No. 104042
>>104022
>No harem ends. Not even threesomes. I'm opposed to such a concept as a person.

Harems are one thing, but threesomes? Assuming we're working on the assumption that unrealistic as this situation is, the characters have some semblence of realistic human behavior about them; then engaging in a threesome or better wouldn't at all be strange assuming the right decisions are made.

Taking even a peek at realistic and universally observable human behavior would illustrate that regardless of its social unacceptability, polyamory is completely natural and a part of the human character. When you consider the prevalence of divorce or philandering in modern society (a society that overwhelmingly reinforces monogamy in every way it can) it would seem to suggest towards an instinct of sexual adventure that co-exists with the impulse towards bonding and romance among intelligent mammals.

Most importantly, people aren't possessions and the only arguments that are mounted against becoming intimate with more than one person are founded in possessive or jealous motives, rather than in love or rational contemplation.

Now all this having said, I'm not advocating that a threesome or what have you should be easy to obtain. Au contraire, it should be the hardest to get; the culmination and reward for good and exploratory decisions. But ruling it out? I'm not so sure.

I'd like to hear your reasons for opposing a threesome that's a part of a meaningful relationship (it can happen) and not just a one night stand.

tldr version: If the characters are made with an eye to behave in ways sympathetic to human understanding and in line with the way people everywhere behave, then there's absolutely no reason that at least a threesome would be unjustified if anon chooses correctly.

Forgot my vote:
[] "I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Human and youkai shouldn't be enemies; I can see a beautiful world where we can all just get along, where we can live among one another in peace. Come on, Rumia... All the others that go to school with us seem to have adapted. Isn't it about time for you to forget about this, too? Look at Remilia and Flandre - vampires, going out in the day, interacting with a human like me on an equal level, not turning me into a walking bloodpack. Isn't such a world something to be desired? Even mothers can make mistakes..."
>> No. 104043
>>104040

Especially in Touhou where some girls are prone to being 'REALLY good friends' with another one.

Example, Yuyuko and Yukari or Sakuya and Meiling. Trying to aim for a threesome with two girls not really connected to each other would be very difficult.

I think even threesomes have a bit of a taboo for "lessening plot impact or something", that and making it single girl only makes more 'uncivil discussions'

Trying for a threesome would be impossible this run, just due to the fact that even if anon managed to have Flan and Rumia become friends, the two sides' stubbornness wouldn't allow it.

I wouldn't count on it for this run of GH.

But you do raise some good points.
>> No. 104044
[X] "No, Rumia. You're not wrong, and your mother wasn't wrong. That you survived alone and worked to overcome your fear just shows how strong you have become. You could have continued living in fear, but you didn't. You learned and adapted so you wouldn't have to be afraid anymore. But times change, Rumia, and what worked before might not continue to."

[X] "Just look at me. Before I came here, do you think I had to worry about anyone trying to eat me? I had to learn lots of things about surviving out there, but if had just clung to those things, I doubt I'd have lasted even week here, let alone two. But I'm trying to learn, trying to adapt, trying to change so I can continue surviving here, so I can not have to be afraid."

[X] "I really did use to be afraid of you, you know. In some ways I still sort of am, and probably should be. But because of what I've learned, I don't just have to feel fear towards you. Now I feel like I can try to understand you, respect you, maybe even...like you. I start thinking that, if we can change change ourselves like that, maybe we can change how we are towards each other. Maybe we don't always have to be in conflict, with one side always afraid of the other. Maybe we can learn to get along, to coexist. It might even be that we have to if we're going to continue to survive. Maybe that's even what the school is for."


Don't tell her she's wrong. Don't tell her her mother was wrong. Not only would she not respond well to it, but for all we know what she was told was perfectly and completely true for how they were supposed to be at that time. Of course, what was right THEN is not necessarily right NOW, and that's the real thing Rumia needs to realize.

That's my two cents, anyway. Feel free to cut, snip, or flat-out ignore as you please.

It's not like I wrote it for you or anything. I just happen to have some spare time, that's all. Don't get so full of yourselves.
>> No. 104045
[x] Just stay quiet.
-{x} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.
-[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."

Wouldn't it be easier for her to digest jin's speech when she is calm enough to try rationalizing it?
>> No. 104046
>>104045

Not sure if we could mix choices like that or not. And waiting for her to calm down some may be an automatic action.
>> No. 104048
>Not even threesomes

I am slightly disappointed

>dialogue choices

oh god I'm playing dragon age, I'll take paragraph #2
>> No. 104051
>>104022
>-No harem ends. Not even threesomes. I'm opposed to such a concept as a person. That being said, if you can bring up a convincing argument to support such a thing... I'm not beyond persuading, I suppose. I won't like it, though.
The only good thing in this post, till the second half.
>> No. 104053
[x] Just stay quiet.
-{x} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.
-[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."
>> No. 104056
>>104046
Well, if we can combine choices like that, awesome.
If we can't, just drop the silent hugging.
>> No. 104057
[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."
>> No. 104059
>No harem ends.

I am happy that this bullshit finally got taken care of. One girl. One route. One End. That is all that we need.

>Not even threesomes.

Oh god i hate you.

[x] Just stay quiet.
-{x} Hold her some more until she's calmed down completely.
-[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."

The other option is too cheesy, would fit more into a shounen Manga and doesn't fit right with Jin. He is always afraid of Youkai in the inside, even of Flandre and Remilia, so he stays true to himself. Plus the hugging makes it better.
>> No. 104060
>>104059
>One girl.
>Not even threesomes.
>Oh god i hate you.
...?
>> No. 104061
>>104059

Not really consistent there at all. Since "No Threesomes" matches the one girl route thing.
>> No. 104063
[x] >>104044

Don't really like the other options.

>Except maybe the guy who wanted Rumia to get run over by a truck, because that's just mean.
Haha, I was given honorable mention.

But you're right; it was uncalled for. I didn't mean it and I take it back. That doesn't mean I'm going to drop my views on the whole thing, though. But without a definitive route-lock, I'm kind of out in the water without a paddle, here.

If the bulk of anon wants to give up all of the progress we've made with Flandre and go after Rumia, I'll follow along. But don't change your fucking minds again when some other girl starts crying. Otherwise, this story will never go anywhere. Stay on target - this isn't some LA in /at/ where you can take it easy.

Or do you really want a Little Sister End?

That's right. Pull up your pants; you're not going anywhere.


>>104022
Taisa, while you may like feedback, shit storms do not proper feedback make. You've let it affect the update. Suddenly Jin goes from worrying about Flan's attitude, to now reprimanding her for it? And believing his choice wasn't justified in any way?

>the result of the choice that won the vote was planned in advance.
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were being biased. But who am I to accuse? Obviously writefags are perfect.
>> No. 104065
>>104063
I don't mind a little sister end.

This is patchy route anyways.
>> No. 104066
>>104063
>Or do you really want a Little Sister End?

I personaly wouldn't mind having Rumia as a little sister.
>> No. 104067
>>104063

You're being kind of obnoxious, here. I do understand that you don't want to throw away all we've done with Flandre, and I really do understand as I didn't vote for this option, but I don't think anon is jumping ship for Rumia. I think it's more that they thought it would be best to handle Rumia first, and at the same time giving Flandre time to cool down before moving on to her. While I'm wary of the way things could go from here, I'm also reminded of HLA in which voters were so hasty and focused in their pursuit of a Yuyuko route that they lost themselves a Good/True End due to not interacting enough with the rest of the characters...Wedding After Story aside.

tl;dr Don't be so butthurt. Things have a chance of going to hell, but this doesn't have to be the case as long as we start to pay more attention to the situation.
>> No. 104068
{"No, Rumia. You're not wrong, and your mother wasn't wrong. That you survived alone and worked to overcome your fear just shows how strong you have become. You could have continued living in fear, but you didn't. You learned and adapted so you wouldn't have to be afraid anymore. But times change, Rumia, and what worked before might not continue to."
{"Just look at me. Before I came here, do you think I had to worry about anyone trying to eat me? I had to learn lots of things about surviving out there, but if I had just clung to those things, I doubt I'd have lasted even a week here, let alone two. But I'm trying to learn, trying to adapt, trying to change so I can continue surviving here, so I can not have to be afraid."
{"I really did used to be afraid of you, you know. In some ways I still sort of am, and probably should be. But because of what I've learned, I don't just have to feel fear towards you. Now I feel like I can try to understand you, respect you, maybe even...like you. I started thinking that, if we can change ourselves like that, maybe we can change how we are towards each other. Maybe we don't always have to be in conflict, with one side always afraid of the other. Maybe we can learn to get along, to coexist. It might even be that we have to if we're going to continue to survive. Maybe that's even what the school is for."}}}
>> No. 104069
>>104063

I do agree, Taisa let the 'discussion' affect the writing, which is something of a damning trait since it gives derailers more room to do just that.

But I do think this won due to folks thinking Rumia was a more immediate case. And the hope that they can fix things with Flan sometime. (Right, Taisa?) While I think while the majority may have the flan route planned, but the Rumia fans have gained a stronger foothold with this choice. (Which means the anti-flan fans backing up the various other fans will focus on Rumia. Isn't it sad, Patchy and Sakuya fans?)

But since we're here and our plans for today at lest ruined, we might as well do a proper job consoling and advising Rumia.

As far as the choices:

if one must stay quiet, holding her until she calms down is best. But the larger problem remains: She has not adjusted to the newer era like her friends have. What she was told might have been true in the past, but she seems to have ignored the changes, and perhaps hasn't realized her attacking humans is actually provoking them. (She is a reckless younger youkai)

But a particular note: If we are to actually get those two to make peace, we will need Cirno, and we will need her not pissed at us.

But back on topic, I think if at least we're to complete Rumia's character arc (not so much a romantic route), we will need to figure out who her mother is and confront her. Since what kind of a mother leaves a child all alone with meager advice? That and Ran's reaction would be interesting to the news that her master has a daughter she dumped off somewhere

This will help Flan fans too since if this is done correctly, Rumia won't be trying to pull her worse stunts.

On to the spoken choices:

The pure equality one: Idealistic as hell, sure. Only Byakuren could pull that off. Jin's experienced too much to really feel this way. That and it'd be a harse rebuke.

The balance option: The best one in my opinion, since it matches what modern Gensokyo is: A balance between humans and Youkai. The Youkai don't recklessly attack humans, and the humans pay them respect due to their power. The sooner Rumia understands this, the sooner she can mend her bridges with her original friends.

Agreeing with her: Sure it might win a few points but it will make her problem worse.
>> No. 104071
>>104067

Yeah but on that matter we should try to schedule things as not to make any character feel greviously left out. Since the earlier cases of wily-nily interaction bit us in the ass with Cirno some.
>> No. 104074
>>104065
>>104066
Little Sister End is supposed to be a bad thing, guys. No girlfriend, no sex, etc etc. Just little girls cock-blocking you and constantly wanting to play hide-and-seek.

>>104067
>I don't think anon is jumping ship for Rumia
I didn't say they were. I said if. If we decide to keep trying to please Rumia, it may eventually lead off in that direction. With no route-lock present, everything we do affects where we go, instead of just good or bad ends with the target in mind. It's too messy. We can't feel pity for others without pissing off someone else. Every step forward is three steps back. Taisa said no harem endings. We're eventually going to have to snub off everybody else just to get a good end with a single girl.
>I'm also reminded of HLA in which voters were so hasty and focused in their pursuit of a Yuyuko route that they lost themselves a Good/True End due to not interacting enough with the rest of the characters
But there were no complications arising from other characters involved. By interacting too much, we may end up with the same fate.
>tl;dr Don't be so butthurt. Things have a chance of going to hell, but this doesn't have to be the case as long as we start to pay more attention to the situation.
I'm not sore, just skeptical. We're already paying close enough attention if the last thread is any testament to that.
>> No. 104079
>>104063

>intention of the voters should not affect the MC's interaction, even though they are the people who shape the character.

Are you serious? Protip, just as the "majority" wins the vote, the intention and reasoning comes likewise, that's what makes this a CYOA and not a railroad fest.

That was a good call and you should feel good about it, writefag.
>> No. 104080
I like how despite Taisa clearly outlining everything in black and white, (more or less), people are still almost deliberately misinterpreting things or bitching about them or denying them or complaining to him.

You people can't settle the fuck down and abide by the house rules?

Really?
>> No. 104083
>>104065
>>104066
I'll chip in here for a show of solidarity.

Patchy route and little sisters, man. Amen.
>> No. 104084
File 125842342520.jpg - (109.88KB , 500x500 , 1151393079427.jpg ) [iqdb]
104084
What I find fascinating is the cyclical nature of the situation, which despite her experiences Rumia herself has seemingly not noticed. Though, perhaps it's because she was so close to it, that she lacked the proper perspective to see it.

Humans once feared and hated youkai. Not wishing to continue to feel this fear, they made themselves stronger and more capable of defending themselves, resulting in the youkai beginning to fear them.

Rumia, one such youkai, began to make herself stronger, better able to defend herself, and make it so humans then feared her.

But then, as we see in Jin, that just compels the humans to make themselves even stronger, and once again would result in youkai fearing them. It's like some twisted, never-ending arms race. Having been on both sides of it, though, I wonder if Rumia couldn't be made to see it, and realize just how silly it is to continue in that way. Especially since she's just seen first-hand what happens when the cycle hits a wall, in the form of something far stronger and more terrifying than she could ever hope to become. Something she could probably never truly surpass, and thus could only continue to be afraid of. If she continues just going about things in the one way she has been up to now, that is.

Not that the process is entirely bad. As Patchouli pointed out, a youkai's naturally longer lifespan makes them very prone to entering a state of inertia. The human side constantly improving and strengthening themselves gives the youkai side reason to not idle, and to keep improving and developing themselves as well. So long as neither side goes too far, too quickly, too soon, we see a system that constantly corrects itself, balances itself. Which, I think, is precisely what Mother Yukari was truly meaning.
>> No. 104085
>>104074

>Taisa said no harem endings.
Taisa also said we can do character arcs (such as the whole Mokou/Kaguya one); Rumia would be just another one.

>Little Sister End is supposed to be a bad thing, guys. No girlfriend, no sex, etc etc. Just little girls cock-blocking you and constantly wanting to play hide-and-seek.
And the little sister end was a bit of a snarky remark. I think completing Rumia's character arc on a non-romantic note would result in her being the little sister figure for the rest of the story. As far as Rumia/anti-flan fans go, they're still at a disadvantage some. As long as blow ups like that don't keep on happening I don't see a real chance of derailment (that and if the Rumia fans do derail it, it might end up doing so to the whole story)

>But there were no complications arising from other characters involved. By interacting too much, we may end up with the same fate.
But with HLA anon was TOO focused on Yuyuko, that's the point he was trying to make. But the problem also stands that unless we schedule when we interact with others, it'll bite us in the ass, like with Cirno.

But due to recent events, it might take longer to get to such a schedule, since we're kinda busy cleaning up messes that keep on popping up.

>I'm not sore, just skeptical. We're already paying close enough attention if the last thread is any testament to that.

It's hard not to be paranoid when a well meaning guesture backfires, but we learned from it and have a plan. Though if Flan's mad at us, chances are Cirno'll be slow to help out just on Jin's word alone.

Also this scene confirms her attitude is causing the distance between her and her friends. (It could be Taisa taking something directly from reader discussion yet again)

>>104079

It's not so much he takes the discussion into consideration, but he relies a bit too much on it to a slightly character breaking fashion. Jin isn't a blank anon personality but someone with his own thought processes.
>> No. 104087
>>104079
Rumiafag alert.
>> No. 104089
>>104084

Yes and I think it continues in this fashion via the spell card system.

Rumia's ignorance of this balance perpetuates the cycle of hatred, since she didn't see the boundaries that many other civilized Youkai now see. In short, I can imagine Rumia attacking humans out of the blue.
>> No. 104091
>I think completing Rumia's character arc on a non-romantic note would result in her being the little sister figure for the rest of the story.
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Little Sister End including more than one little sister. AKA, you fucked up.

Getting a little sister and getting a romantic relationship with another girl as well, not so bad. Getting a little sister out of the girl you're pursuing - that might as well be a bad end.
>> No. 104092
File 125842454338.gif - (81.37KB , 100x100 , cosgrove.gif ) [iqdb]
104092
>>104079
>>104087

We don't need this to start up again. Bring it to /words/ if you're compelled to that again.
>> No. 104093
[x] "You're wrong in many ways, but you have a point, too. On the one hand, I disagree with you - you should not hate humans, and humans should not hate youkai. Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right? On the other hand, I do agree with you; humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. And yet, can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind."
>> No. 104094
Flan route~
>> No. 104095
>>104089
Actually, I think the spell card system does more than serve as a logical extension of the process, it is actually meant to serve to outright replace it.

The whole point of the spell card system is to provide a fair, level playing field for everyone; strong or weak, human or youkai.
Even though Jin could never hope to be as physically strong as Rumia is, the system allowed him to compete and even defeat her. In that same vein, Rumia should theoretically be able to compete and defeat Flandre, even if she can't hold a candle to her in any other regard.

Unlike the old way of whichever side was weaker at the time trying to surpass whichever side was stronger, the spell card system throws all of that out the window for something more conductive to a spirit of equality and coexistence. That the system has become so widely-accepted is indication that Gensokyo as a whole is moving away from the old ways which Rumia is still holding on to.

Unfortunately, it won't be easy for her to give up her attitude. The few memories she has of her mother and the words she spoke to her are clearly very dear to her, and she has lived her life up to now based on them. To outright say that she or her mother is wrong is to basically step on something precious to her, as well as her way of life.
>> No. 104096
>>104091

only to the Rumia fans. I don't think a little sister end is possible with Flan now. Instead we have a "Heartbroken armageddon" end as a worse case scenario.

but getting Rumia as a little sister would be a nice middle ground. (But that'd cause Rumia fans to loose the backing of the anti-flan fans, who only support them due to the opposition to the Flan route they pose)

>>104095
Jin barely won that, and it still encourages strengthening of one's patterns, skills and power. It's just in a non-lethal form.

The main intent is to have the more civilized Youkai fight able to fight Reimu without causing Gensokyo to collapse.

And the 2nd option doesn't say her mother is wrong, just that she meant something else. Perhaps Rumia's meaning was indeed true at the time, but as time progressed, things changed beyond bloody conflicts.
>> No. 104100
I don't know about any of you, but I still think Jin should spend the weekend at the SDM.
>> No. 104101
>>104100

Well that sounds great but plans for that might be ruined due to the blow up today.

I think we should remember the little adventure planned, since once we finally clear things up, it'll be the perfect way to make it up to her.

One of the things we can hope for is Remilia speaking up for Jin and explaining things. (I'm reminded of this by what happened in the Monkanon story, with how the slip up managed to resolve itself on its own, though it won't go away that easily in this story, but it'd help)
>> No. 104102
>>104101

I'd rather not let Flandre reinforce any misunderstandings in her mind during the weekend. After Rumia is taken care of, Flandre could use an explanation.
>> No. 104103
>>104096
I'd say Jin's narrow victory is balanced by the fact that he was playing with a severe handicap considering his completely lack of experience compared to Rumia's.

As for still encouraging improvement, the spirit may be similar, but the results are far different.

Consider all the things youkai are capable of, from their physical strength to the variety of powers they possess, some of which could practically break reality as we know it. Now imagine if, with all this power that they already had, youkai felt they had to keep getting stronger in response to humanity's own increasing strength, and did so. Eventually, both sides would become too powerful for their own good. At best, one side would completely obliterate the other, but most likely they would take each other out at the same time, along with a lot of collateral damage. In the end, nothing would remain but the two immortals, who would continue their endless bickering while huddling together for warmth in the cold darkness of the void.

There might still be an air of competitiveness, but it's far more benign, and isn't just "human versus youkai" but has the two sides even competing against themselves. Fortunately, it's not so much a free-for-all as it is just a rather competitive community. They might have their disagreements, but when push comes to shove they'll band together for the common good.
>> No. 104106
>>104102

But how would we get there? since chances are Flan might have told Meiling not to have the boat out.

And swiming across the lake would be very stupid, especially since Jin's an anon lead (weak against the lake)

This might entail a mini-adventure in itself, since it'd be stupid to use the library card now.

I think Keine would be willing to help if she isn't hung over.

Mokou isn't on that good of a terms to ask for her help alone. (It'd take prodding from Keine)
>> No. 104107
>>104103

True but I mean in terms of increasing one's abilities in terms of spell card duels, not actual power.

Perhaps this was the other reason why the spell card rules were made: To prevent an insane build up of power down the line.

So in the end there's something to work towards, but in a non-lethal/non-destructive fashion. (Look at Marisa, she's always trying to improve her danmaku fighting skills, sometimes with mixed results)
>> No. 104108
>>104106
>Flan might have told Meiling not to have the boat out.

I really doubt that.

There's no reason to give up so easily.
>> No. 104109
>>104108

Not a matter of giving up, but considering the hurtles we might have in our way. That blow up showed that optimism isn't always enough.
>> No. 104114
File 125843750166.jpg - (1.90MB , 1200x1600 , ce284ce0d0dc19e2a917a03829fdf55e.jpg ) [iqdb]
104114
>Taisa, while you may like feedback, shit storms do not proper feedback make. You've let it affect the update. Suddenly Jin goes from worrying about Flan's attitude, to now reprimanding her for it? And believing his choice wasn't justified in any way?
>If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were being biased. But who am I to accuse? Obviously writefags are perfect.

>I do agree, Taisa let the 'discussion' affect the writing, which is something of a damning trait since it gives derailers more room to do just that.

>It's not so much he takes the discussion into consideration, but he relies a bit too much on it to a slightly character breaking fashion. Jin isn't a blank anon personality but someone with his own thought processes.

See, with some previous actions I'd have agreed with you, but Rumia's distancing from her friends had already been subtly hinted at in the past.
Perhaps a little too subtly.

As for Jin's thoughts and personality... Yes, I do take voter intent into consideration, but only if it doesn't derail things from what I already had planned anyway. This is why I (almost) always encourage write-ins: flavor. Sure, summing up a consistent trend of wording choices and dialogue could potentially affect updates in the near future to a degree, but I like to think of it as character development. Skipping what would otherwise be a rather mundane choice point in favor of deferring to the established personality.

Jin at least -tries- to be reasonable and understand all viewpoints presented to him. He had been thinking of Flandre as a perfect little angel who can do no wrong for a while, yet he knows peoples' opinions of hers can't all be completely wrong, they have to stem from somewhere. Flandre mentally terrorizing Rumia like that just showed him a different side of her that he hadn't experienced before.

But who am I to excuse myself? Obviously I'm making shit up as I go.

Seriously though, I've been trying to cut back on directly copying discussion points, but I don't think it'd be right to completely ignore them. I like to think of them as the equivalent of a sort of out-of-story mental debate within Jin's own mind, in a way... If that makes any sense at all. Save for the 'ur a faget' shitstorms, of course.

It is this writefag's personal opinion that he is not the only one writing this story, but he writes it together with his readers.

However, all opinions and viewpoints have been taken into consideration, and I'll attempt to refine my writing further.


>threesomes

It is my personal experience that polyamory can only end up damaging to relationships in the long run. However, do recall that I said I'm not beyond persuasion - I'm writing this for you, after all, not myself.
>> No. 104115
ur a faget
>> No. 104116
File 125843941286.png - (16.50KB , 563x537 , 1197871898878.png ) [iqdb]
104116
>>104115
>> No. 104118
File 125844050154.png - (3.23KB , 223x289 , UR A RUBY.png ) [iqdb]
104118
>>104115
>> No. 104119
>It is my personal experience that polyamory can only end up damaging to relationships in the long run.

It is your personal experience that people can't blow things up by focusing on them. But this is fantasy.
>> No. 104120
>>104119
>But this is wish fulfillment.

Fixed.
>> No. 104121
This is why it's better to go after Remilia for a threesome. Much easier.

Such sisterly bonds; sharing their boyfriend~
>> No. 104125
>>104121
>implying they would think incest is a-ok
>> No. 104126
>>104125
the legions of doujinshi artists agree with this implication, yes.
>> No. 104127
>It is my personal experience that polyamory can only end up damaging to relationships in the long run. However, do recall that I said I'm not beyond persuasion - I'm writing this for you, after all, not myself.
meet >>104121

This should be enough reason.

But i really think you should stop replying to feedback like that. It will only cause more shitstorm, Anon is very angry in your Threads.
>> No. 104128
>>104120
ever played a VN? ever wondered why all the attractive and higher-on-the-social-ladder girls all fall for the no-good protagonist?

ever watched a harem anime? ditto.

in fact, pick up any story on this site. read it.

wish fulfilment comes with the genre.
>> No. 104129
>>104127
you know what would placate anons?

more frequent updates. yep.
>> No. 104131
File 125844594087.jpg - (162.66KB , 500x499 , 4edb00df6b286eedb2d6c6a34156d867.jpg ) [iqdb]
104131
>>104129
Thanks for pointing this out for us, no one would have known without you.
No one really mentions update faster nigger or something in his threads becuase he is mentally unstable to begin with, has problems and work/school. Who knows what would happen if he snaps again.
We get one update per day, learn to be happy with it.
>> No. 104132
I'd just like to start out by saying I don't really give a damn if threeways are possible or not in this story, but I've never let my lack of interest in something stop me from arguing for (or against) it before.

That said, a threesome should not necessarily be impossible, even in this story's setting. Highly unlikely, extremely difficult to accomplish, and greatly dependent on the specific circumstances and parties involved, but not outright impossible.

The first hurdle is the protagonist himself. Sure, he's a nice guy and all, but he also just had sex for the very first time not too long ago, to a woman who at first as merely a process, a means to an end. Suffice to say, he's probably going to have to put in a lot more effort to get anyone else to agree to have sex with him. If he wants it to actually mean anything, at least.

Assuming you clear that hurdle, you still have the matter of the girls themselves to deal with. Even if you manage to find one who not only would be willing to have sex with Jin, but have sex with someone else at the same time, you would still have to find another that matches that same criteria. To make it even more complicated, they would also have to both be willing to have sex with that specific other person.

In short, you'd need to be able to find two girls who like Jin enough to be willing to sleep with him, open enough to bring someone else into the action, and for them both to have no problem with sleeping with each other, to boot.

Of course, things could be easier with people who are open to experimentation to begin with, and the proper application of alcohol or other similar inhibition-reducing substances, but this is Gensokyo High, not Gensokyo University. Though, that's certainly an idea for a sequel/spin-off...

The SDM, Eientei, and various other notable groups/residences becoming fraternities ("KAPPA HOOOOOOOOOUSE!") you could join, the environment would lend itself to a greater likelihood for experimentation, and at parties the booze would flow freely.

Such a pity that Suika will still be nowhere to be seen..

But I digress. My point is that threeways shouldn't be considered completely and utterly impossible in the story. It's just that with so many factors involved, it would be so difficult and unlikely to make happen that it may as well be. But, hey, to some people even a fraction of a percent is still better odds than zero.
>> No. 104133
>>104132
This was a good post, thank you anon, it was made even more unintentionally funny by the fact that the spoilers were "POST TOO LONG"
>> No. 104134
>>104131
>No one really mentions update faster nigger or something in his threads becuase he is mentally unstable to begin with, has problems and work/school. Who knows what would happen if he snaps again.

Again?
>> No. 104135
>>104134
Anon is nice to Taisa. He is loved.
>> No. 104136
>>104134
He's talking out of his ass.
Taisa has the annoying habit of answering trolls as if they were normal people but, besides that, he's as normal as they go.
>> No. 104139
File 125846702744.jpg - (341.57KB , 600x800 , 610f92edaa3eb2aeb20bdf8c4875e86d.jpg ) [iqdb]
104139
Writefags are now combining votes...

Here, have some music I was listening to when typing this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mxp3utuMP8

---------

You simply hold her in your arms for just a bit longer, patiently waiting until she calms down some, the little fist ceasing to weakly pound against your chest, her breathing relaxing to a degree.

"No, Rumia." Your response seems to catch her off guard, her eyes looking up at you, curious and confused.
"You're not wrong. Not completely, anyway. Neither was your mother. That you survived alone and worked to overcome your fear just shows how strong you have become. You could have continued living in fear, but you didn't. You learned and adapted so you wouldn't have to be afraid anymore. But, Rumia... Times have changed. And they'll continue to change."

She sniffs at you once, her tears seemingly having stopped; despite this, she fixes you with an upset scowl, apparently not liking what she's hearing so far.
"...What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that maybe we don't -have- to be afraid anymore. At least, not all the time. And I'm not just talking about humans being afraid of youkai, but the other way around as well. At the very least, we shouldn't hate each other."

"But-..."

"Haven't you received a warm welcome from the humans of this house? A place to sleep, food, somewhere where you'll always be welcome? That's got to mean something to you, right?"

Her eyes look away from you, blinking rapidly.
"...It was just convenient, that's all... I guess I don't hate them," she mumbles, "but humans like that are rare... And foolish."

"Foolish? You consider kindness foolish?"

Turning her gaze back to you, she furrows her eyebrows in an annoyed manner, as if you had asked something stupid just now. Her red eyes give off a mild glow in the dim light of your room.
"...Do you realize how easily I could kill them? All of them... I could just snap their necks while they're asleep, rip out their guts, tear them apart... They're too trusting. There are youkai out there who wouldn't give it a second thought when they get hungry."

"And yet you didn't do such things. I think I was right about you after all... Somewhere deep down inside that black little shell of yours, there's a heart after all. The fact that you also know the feeling of fear just proves this." She frowns uncomfortably; sure, that just now was a little cheesy, but that's just how you roll. Besides, she's not arguing back at you, which means she's letting the words sink in, or at least taking them into consideration.
"Which brings me to the second point. Fear. I think humans, myself included, should not lose their fear of youkai. You're stronger, faster, more long-lived and powerful than we are. I really did use to be afraid of you, you know. In some ways I still sort of am, and probably should be. Hell - I admit that I only won that duel against you by a fluke. I admit that I'd probably panic if I suddenly bumped into you out in the night. But because of what I've learned, I don't just have to feel fear towards you. Now I feel like I can try to understand you, respect you, maybe even... like you." There's that word again. You wonder what you mean with that; you've used it towards both Rumia and Flandre now. Well, you can decide that later; best to focus on the matter at hand for now.
"I've started thinking... if we can change ourselves like that, maybe we can change how we are towards each other. Maybe we don't always have to be in conflict, with one side always afraid of the other. Maybe we can learn to get along, to coexist. It might even be that we have to if we're going to continue to survive. Maybe that's even what the school is for." She's starting to look somehow hesitant, her grip on your wrist loosening as she avoids eye contact yet again.
"So, to sum up, I'd just like to ask you... Can fear not lead to a form of respect? Can we not interact on a civilized level without mindless hatred throwing us into conflict, still maintaining our fears, but also trying to get along as best as we can? I'm sure this is what your mother truly had in mind. A balance, of sorts. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"...I guess." She sniffles one last time, before slowly turning her eyes back to yours; a faint smile sneaks onto her face, bringing her a little closer in appearance to the Rumia you're used to.
"...You've sure got guts, lecturing a youkai on such things. Hey... Bro?"

"Yes..?"

She shuffles just a little bit closer and leans over to your ear, whispering into it.
"...I'm still going to be the one that ends your life one of these days~"

"...Whatever floats your boat, Rumia. I can only hope that it won't be for another fifty years, at least." You feel her breath against your ear as she giggles softly, before slumping back into next to you. You roll yourself onto your back, and the two of you spend the next few minutes just lying there like this, staring into the ceiling and pondering things over. Balance, huh...

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening; the two of you bolt into sitting positions in unison, only to exhale in relief (again, in unison) when it turns out to just be your host mother. Wild misunderstandings and awkward denials are exchanged as she notices her still holding onto your wrist, Rumia promptly releasing you and recoiling as if you were some disgusting slimy slug. And then, all of a sudden...

"Rumia-chan, have you been crying?" The kind woman's words strike the little devil completely off guard, causing her to shake her head rapidly, messed-up blonde hair swishing about. You nod to her silently while Rumia distracts herself, and the woman smiles.
"Well then, would you like a snack?" Rumia stares at her feet for a brief moment, before responding with an eager nod, hopping out of your bed and grabbing your host mother's hand, letting her lead her to the kitchen. You can't help but smirk to yourself, although your own growling stomach is quick to remind you that you haven't had the luxury of breakfast today, yourself, prompting you to follow the two.

...

After devouring breakfast with gusto, leaving even Rumia impressed with your voracity, you thank your host mother for the meal and head outside for a breath of fresh air. After all you've experienced today despite it only just being early morning, you really need it, to clear your head and rearrange your thoughts. Another day, another mess to clean up...
Flandre.
You wonder what could be going through her head right now. Should you find some way to get yourself to the mansion and figure out a way to clear tings up with her? Or should you let her cool off for the day? A woman's heart is difficult to understand for a man, after all... What a drag. You're tempted to just take it easy, today.

"Hey, bro?" A blonde head decorated with a red ribbon sticks itself out from the window by the door, a much more cheerful looking Rumia peeking at you from inside the house. You know, when she's not terrorizing you or trying to eat you, seeing her smile is refreshing in a way. Or maybe that's just your inner white knight speaking, unable to stand the sight of crying girls. Not that there's anything wrong with such an attitude.
"Where ya going?

"...I'm not sure yet. I'll think of something."



[] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{} "How about spending the day together?"
--{} (What would you two do together?)
[] "Well, see ya." Just spend the day wandering about the village; if you're fated to encounter any further incidents today, they'll find you whether you actively seek them out or not.
[] (Obligatory write-in option. Feel free to surprise me.)
>> No. 104140
[X] "Well, see ya."
-[X] Go to the SDM and try to see Flandre. Even if she was terrifying back then, she seemed so sad...
>> No. 104142
[] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."

Besides the original plan of spilling the beans about Jin's knowledge, letting the misunderstanding just fester in Flandre's mind is bound to just get uglier and uglier as time goes on.

I'm also betting that Rumia may have a change of heart one day on actually being the one to end Jin's life; assuming of course that she was serious to begin with.
>> No. 104143
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."
>> No. 104144
>>104140
>Go to the SDM

How?

Swim?
>> No. 104145
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"

Enough with the cheesy lines, please.
>> No. 104146
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
>> No. 104147
File 125847392324.png - (287.67KB , 600x840 , Cheesy_lines.png ) [iqdb]
104147
>>104145
>Enough with the cheesy lines, please.

But somebody got to feed Nazrin~!
>> No. 104148
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now.

Works for me.
>> No. 104150
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."

I'll take the extra cheese special, please.
>> No. 104151
>>104147
I'd feed her, if you know what I mean.
But not now.

[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
>> No. 104152
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
--[x] "But you don't have to stay if you don't want to. Just getting me there will be enough"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."
>> No. 104158
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
>> No. 104159
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-[x] "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-[x] "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."

Just hope that none of the residents are outside of the SDM right now (save for Meiling). They might take whatever chance they can get to kill Rumia, if Flandre's already told them.
>> No. 104160
Question to all of you... What makes you so sure that Flandre would tell anyone in the first place?
>> No. 104161
>>104160

I was going to ask that, but I decided to stay quiet. I don't like how people are assuming Flandre would tell Meiling to keep Jin away from the mansion.
>> No. 104162
>>104160
I'm sure Remilia would ask what happened seeing her come back so early.

But Remilia wouldn't be so quick to overreact, in fact she might feel guilty for not telling her about Rumia earlier.

But I highly doubt that Rumia wants to stick around there longer than she has to.
>> No. 104163
>>104160
She might not. Or she might be upset enough to break down the moment she gets in the door.

Or she could just tell one person. Her big sister. She may ask her to take Rumia out. That message would then be relayed to, or overheard by Sakuya.


Now that I think about it, Sakuya and Meiling both have their own agendas regarding Rumia, since we blamed her for smashing up the garden.
>> No. 104164
>>104162

I don't think Rumia should go to the mansion with Jin at all.
>> No. 104165
>>104161
I don't think anyone assumed that far, just if anything Meiling rowing that boat back. (Though if Rumia agrees to help Jin, that's a moot point)

>>104163
I doubt Flan would ask anyone to kill Rumia since if she wanted to, she could have done so herself with sickening ease.
>> No. 104166
>>104165
True, but would she risk doing that if it meant possibly hurting or angering Jin? As long as somebody else is at fault for Rumia's death, she doesn't receive any of the blame and thus earns no negative feelings from Jin.

She can still look like the perfect little angel.
>> No. 104167
{"Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
- {"...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"}
- {"At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."}}
>> No. 104168
>>104166
Thing is if anyone from the SDM would to do it, it'd be obvious of what it'd be about (Remilia relented to Jin's request, and so has Patchy)

And I added the "Let her leave if she wants part" since Rumia might not want stay around there.
>> No. 104169
>>104168

Rumia shouldn't stay around there, not yet.

Jin needs to handle one thing at a time.
>> No. 104170
[] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."
>> No. 104171
>>104168
I think it would be obvious that she'd not want to stay around there, or that we'd make her anyway.

But if anyone is outside to spot her, she might not be able to get away fast enough. It might be a better idea to drop him off on another part of the island instead of in front of the gate.
>> No. 104173
>>104132
Is that you, Fallout Writefag?
>> No. 104175
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."
>> No. 104177
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."

Sounds great.
>> No. 104178
[] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have one less thing to be concerned about."
>> No. 104179
It's still saturday morning why does everyone want to go NOW?
>> No. 104180
>>104179

I guess they figure the sooner the better, or somethin.

I'm not votin this time. Decide thine fate!
>> No. 104181
>>104179

It's more late morning, and the reason is at the very least explain things to Remilia, and hopefully Flan (She might have calmed down during this time), but people are of the mind something should be done soon, and I'm sure Remilia would be receptive.
>> No. 104204
[X] Just spend the day wandering about the village; if you're fated to encounter any further incidents today, they'll find you whether you actively seek them out or not.

[X] Ask Rumia if she would like to join you

Fuck yeah, random encounters!
Although calling in that favor to get Rumia to haul you to the mansion is a good idea if you have no other means of going there, I can't imagine she'd be exactly thrilled at the prospect of venturing so close to the dragon's den while the morning's events are still fresh in her mind.

Besides, while you're in the village, perhaps you could find something in the way of a gift to bring. I'm thinking ice cream. Considering the trouble that delicious frozen treat got us into once before, it would be only appropriate to utilize it to help us actually resolve a problem. Plus, in the event you're for some reason being barred entry, the sight of you holding a couple melting cones might help to elicit some sympathy and get you in faster.

This time would also help Rumia to unwind a bit, and with as emotional a morning as it's been for her, she could probably use it.
>> No. 104206
>-[x] "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."

This vote sounds terribly pejorative towards Flandre.
>> No. 104207
>>104206

Yes and no, yes in the sense that Flandre overstepped her bounds, and no in the sense that we're trying to at least have both Flandre and Rumia, at the very least, on amicable terms.

I'd personally find it a problem dating someone that scares the shit out of my family members due to misunderstandings.
>> No. 104230
>You wonder what you mean with that; you've used it towards both Rumia and Flandre now.
Jin is a creepy pedo.
Jin is a self-insert.
>> No. 104234
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."

Isn't this how Jin rolls; with wheels of gouda and limburger for off-road narration?
>> No. 104240
[x] "Actually, remember that favor you owe me?"
-{x} "...I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a lift to the island in the middle of the lake?"
-{x} "At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. As much as I care for Flandre, I can't have her terrorizing my sister. Who knows, maybe not now but maybe, she may even watch out for you one day as I'm trying to now."
-{x} It's alright if she refuses, you have other methods: The library card.
>> No. 104258
>-{x} It's alright if she refuses, you have other methods: The library card.
I think going to the lake and yelling in the hopes of attracting Meiling's attention is a better alternative. This isn't an emergency.
>> No. 104259
>>104258

Or experiment Jin's telekinetic ability via self-levitation.
>> No. 104260
File 125856491895.jpg - (82.54KB , 850x759 , sample-f9e3d0a8c7ff34d39448c136bc7d200e.jpg ) [iqdb]
104260
>>104259
That shit will never work
>> No. 104261
>>104258

With Flandre, everything is an emergency.
>> No. 104264
Feeling unmotivated tonight; I'll try, but I can't guarantee an update today.

This is happening depressingly often lately.
>> No. 104268
>>104264

Don't tell me you need shitstorms to get you motivated now!

Seriously if you want to take a break/hiatus then say so, don't let linger feelings tarnish your usually well done writing.
>> No. 104271
File 125857322575.jpg - (84.54KB , 758x600 , 608727.jpg ) [iqdb]
104271
>>104264

It happens, take some how-I-picture-Rumia-in-your-story Rumia in the meantime.

If you haveta, take a break.
>> No. 104282
>>104259
>>104260
Shoot your mind at the ground to propel yourself into flight!

FFFFUUUUUUCK
>> No. 104284
>>104271
I didn't picture Rumia as looking anything like that.

Now I will fervently do so.
>> No. 104285
>>104271

Too old. I picture her definetly taller than her normal self, with her normal clothers a bit too short, but not that old.
>> No. 104286
>>104207

Even though Rumia is not really a family member?
>> No. 104289
>>104286

I'd say so considering we're seeing a Rumia that'd like a healthy, strong family element in her life. As far as I'm seeing it's becoming so.

As for Flandre, it's just like dating a girl whose a wild card; for better or worse Jin's got to take the good with the bad. Spice of life etcetera.
>> No. 104305
>>104261

Not that bad though, just enough to haul ass to the mansion, but not so to use up a very rare card

>>104289
And even Flan fans like her in the little sister role.
>> No. 104314
>>104305
>And even Flan fans like her in the romance role for this cyoa.

Fixed that for ya
>> No. 104315
>>104314
>>And even Flan fans like her in the bromance role for this cyoa.

Fixed that for you.
>> No. 104318
>>104315
>>104314

It will probably be both assuming Jin decides to corrupt himself with power, turns into a qausi-M.Bison and Flan torn between admiring such power, simply being a close friend or falling in love wanting more
>> No. 104329
>>104314

I don't want to pursue a Rumia as a romantic interest.
>> No. 104330
>>104329
But... the 'eat me' puns..!
>> No. 104331
>>104330

What about the "suck me" puns?
>> No. 104332
>>104330
>But... the 'eat me' puns..!
That's all they were though, puns.

We got a Flandre to woo and a Rumia to entertain.
>> No. 104335
>>We got a Flandre to woo and a Rumia to entertain.

Not too long ago, I would have agreed, but now I think I'd be perfectly willing to try wooing either one.

Flandre is generally sweet and nice, but we've had the tiniest sampling of what she can be like when that face drops and the monster begins to rise. It's only going to go downhill from there if the crazy really starts to bubble to the surface.

Rumia might have her own set of baggage to have to deal with, sure, but at least she's been relatively more up-front and honest about some of her less pleasant aspects. Plus, it could be entertaining to see what happens if Jin were to introduce her to what "bed-top sports" are really all about, and her competitive nature kicks in. First one to finish loses, and has to eat the winner.

Besides that, I'd be interested to see if pursuing her results in finding and meeting Yukari her mother, and what that would entail.
>> No. 104337
Can't you guys stay on target for more than 5 seconds? This' Flandre route. Rumia is our bro and could use some time... but not when our pseudo love interest is crying on a corner.
>> No. 104339
>>104335

Just because we have Flan as a love interest doesn't mean we can't persue Rumia's character arc on a little sister note.

>>104337
Anti-flan fans would rather see this story fail totally than to see a Flan route succed, hence the reason for their actions. (That's right they don't care if Rumia wins, just as long as Flan doesn't.)
>> No. 104340
>>104337
>This' Flandre route.

Technically we're not on any route yet, so don't go spouting stuff like that.
>> No. 104341
I'm really getting sick of this shipping war bullshit, can't we all just settle down, roll a D6 and let the Random Number God decide who we'll pursue?
>> No. 104346
>Just because we have Flan as a love interest doesn't mean we can't persue Rumia's character arc on a little sister note.
Bingo.

>I'm really getting sick of this shipping war bullshit.
Alas, the /words/ thread is ignored, even though it was created for such purposes. I won't pretend that I didn't see this coming, though.

Here's hoping I'm feeling more motivated tomorrow, folks. G'night, THP.

Sage for useless lazy writefag.
>> No. 104349
>>104346
>the /words/ thread is ignored

On the bright side, it's probably the most active and with the most posts on it of the entire /wordsx3/ board. last one being the 19th. Just seems that the more civil readers seem to reply to it...
>> No. 104352
>Anti-flan fans would rather see this story fail totally than to see a Flan route succed, hence the reason for their actions. (That's right they don't care if Rumia wins, just as long as Flan doesn't.)

Paranoid much huh? I vote for Rumia because I actually want a Rumia route. Just because some people said "This is now a Flandre route, we said so and everyone who is against it is trying to ruin this story" doesn't mean the rest of us want the same. I never agreed to such a thing in the first place anyway. If we don't get routelocked or Mods order us to vote for Flandre or get banned, I will vote for whoever I want to.

Flandre Fans are the ones who ruin everything. They are so damn agressive, playing SS and want to take care of everyone who is not for Flandre. It is time that we all calm down and respect each others opinions, just let the votes decide without being total assholes here. And without votespaming please, we had that last time.
>> No. 104353
>>104340

Perhaps not, but despite interference from the anti-flan fans, it's looking to be that way.

>>104341
I'm getting tired of this as well, since this warring might ruin the story.
>> No. 104359
>>104207
>I'd personally find it a problem dating someone that scares the shit out of my family members due to misunderstandings.
Because what your family thinks is obviously more important than true love.

Of course, between two evils, they'd usually pick the one with more money and a better upbringing.

>>104335
>when that face drops and the monster begins to rise.
And with Rumia it's when the monster drops and the face begins to rise. They're both monsters; why feel better with the one that acts like it more often than not?

You have to remember - with Flandre, there's that third layer. The person who she would have been would she not have been forced to act out the quiet little rich girl, causing the monster to grow more violent and surface.

We're her first real friend in who knows how many hundreds of years. We accept her for who she is and actively look for her to express her thoughts and opinions, unrestrained by her older sister. We aren't afraid of her, and don't shackle her to her bed when she hurts us. We forgive her for her mistakes. We're the only beacon of light in her dark little world, and we've been growing ever distant from her. It's like opening the door, just to shut it in her face when she gets too close; a better life always just out of reach.
>she's been relatively more up-front and honest about some of her less pleasant aspects.
Because she never cared. She tried killing us from the start, and actually knows that we know the truth about Gensokyo.

Reveal that to Flandre, you're almost sure to be bonding with her on a much deeper level of understanding. If they were to switch places, it would have been Flandre crying in our arms.

>>104340
Technically, we've been pursuing it from the start. Just because Taisa says there's no route lock, doesn't mean we're not on her route. So don't go denying the last nineteen threads ever existed.

>>104352
>I never agreed to such a thing in the first place anyway.
That sounds like a desperate attempt at trying to have your way when you couldn't get it the first time. Next you'll be voting for somebody else, no?
>Flandre Fans are the ones who ruin everything.
BAAAWWW. We're not making any effort to please his majesty? The world suddenly revolves around you and what you want?

And yet we now have a pissed off vampire that could very well end the lives of us and our family. Whose fault was that again? Who was it that ruined a good story?
>"This is now a Flandre route, we said so and everyone who is against it is trying to ruin this story"
Well, basically it's true.
>> No. 104360
>>we know the truth about Gensokyo.
>>Reveal that to Flandre, you're almost sure to be bonding with her on a much deeper level of understanding.

She BIT us. As Patchouli said, odds are she probably at least suspects Jin knows the truth about Gensokyo and the fact that she's a vampire.

Thing is, Jin knowing about that probably isn't her problem, and she likely has much bigger skeletons she's keeping in her closet. Possibly literally.

>>The closet is, for some reason or another, bound shut with chains; the way the ends of said chains (why does she even -have- chains in her room!?) are still swinging suggests that she must've just bound the closet, herself. Is there something in there she doesn't want you to see?

>>"Did you see anything... odd, in her room?"
>>"You mean aside from the heavy doors and shackles?"
>>"Yes, aside from those." Oh.
>>"Well... No, nothing that I could think of. The closet was bound with chains, so I didn't get a look at whatever was inside."
>>"I see. This is most likely for the best."

That Flandre has something she doesn't want Jin to see probably doesn't mean much on its own. That Patchouli thinks it's for the best that Jin doesn't know about it, though, is just a tad worrisome.
>> No. 104361
File 125862609890.jpg - (88.14KB , 850x601 , heybro.jpg ) [iqdb]
104361
>>They're both monsters; why feel better with the one that acts like it more often than not?

Same reason I feel better living in a place with frequently crappy-yet-mild weather with a handful of nice days than one with frequently nice weather with a handful of days with weather so bad the area is turned into a federal disaster area as a result.

Same reason I prefer a car with frequent but minor (and predictable) problems like than one that runs perfectly almost all of the time but for the rare instances where it explodes in a giant fireball because something tapped it in the wrong spot.

In short, magnitude. Rumia might act like the monster she is (or rather, the monster she'd like to be seen as) more frequently, but otherwise her behavior is really fairly tame.

In contrast, Flandre might act like an angel most of the time, but when the shit hits the fan with her, it's really going to hit, and you'd better hope you're not in the way when it does.

That, and Rumia's nicer side feels somehow more meaningful than Flandre's, precisely because it's less frequently seen than Flan's.

What seems more precious, praise on your good work from a teacher who praises anything anyone in the class does, or praise on your good work from a teacher who almost never praises you or anyone? A laugh from someone who will laugh at anything, or one from someone who never laughs? A gift from someone who buys stuff for you all the time anyway, or a gift from someone who seldom buys anything for themselves let alone anyone else?

Not that Flandre doesn't have more than enough of her own good points over Rumia, but Rumia has her own pluses over the adorable little vampire, too.
>> No. 104362
>>104359
>>"This is now a Flandre route, we said so and everyone who is against it is trying to ruin this story"
>Well, basically it's true.

Oh, i am really glad that you agreed with me on everything i said. It is great that you accepted that you are a faggot and i just hope that you can change so that you won't ruin this story for other people any more.
You are not the only one here, there are other people here too if you haven't noticed yet. Just because you say so doesn't mean it has to be that way. My way > Your way just doesn't cut it here.
>> No. 104364
>>104360
Because we crawled in her bed, smelling of blood from our training, and awoke the vampire within. She cried, we comforted her, she did what she could to forget. The second time we were dangling our bloody fingers in her face. Even if she thought it wouldn't happen again, especially in the company of others, that was just a stupid move.

>>104361
Yes, but we can get rid of that nature with some work. She's got what amounts to two personalities, one the outcome of bottled up emotions raging inside of her. Rumia on the other hand is going to take a lot of work, considering she chose to be this way her whole life. Even if it was out of some twisted perspective of her mother's words, she had the control and still chose to be a brat.

>>104362
It must be so nice how everything goes through one ear and out the other. How you only perceive things the way you wish them to be.

If I could live in that world for five minutes... I'd probably get AIDS with how many shit-stained hermaphrodites you've taken it from.

>You are not the only one here, there are other people here too if you haven't noticed yet. Just because you say so doesn't mean it has to be that way. My way > Your way just doesn't cut it here.
I just got through telling you this.

We've been pursuing her since the beginning, most everybody agreeing on her up until these last two threads. You're the only one ruining this story.

What the majority of us are after > what you so desperately believe is some gross injustice to your feeble attempts at having a voice.
>> No. 104367
>>104364
>>104364
>>Because we crawled in her bed, smelling of blood from our training, and awoke the vampire within.

The only thing Jin should have been smelling of from his training that night was sweat. The only time his bleeding was mentioned at all during training was specifically pointing out that he wasn't.

>>93397
>>On the upside, the incense seems to be working - you're hardly tired at all so far, and you're not bleeding from anywhere.

Even when they moved on from mind-bullets to danmaku training, no mention of bleeding from anywhere, even after getting royally bitch-smacked by a magic rock.

>>93489
>>despite your clothes and flesh being intact, you're aching all over from that hit you took just now,


>>Yes, but we can get rid of that nature with some work. She's got what amounts to two personalities, one the outcome of bottled up emotions raging inside of her. Rumia on the other hand is going to take a lot of work, considering she chose to be this way her whole life. Even if it was out of some twisted perspective of her mother's words, she had the control and still chose to be a brat.

I find your assessment somewhat questionable.
Sure, it will require a lot of work to get Rumia over what possibly amounts to centuries of experiences and choices that have shaped her into the way she is now, but more than it would to address the mountain of issues Flandre has, ranging from her relationship to her sister to her mental instability and possible insanity?

You seriously think it's going to require more work to deal with centuries of choices than it is to deal with centuries of mental illness?
>> No. 104368
Out of curiosity, could someone recount all the times when I've made a seemingly innocent choice backfire spectacularly out of the blue, in a completely non-obvious manner? Just so I have an overview of things.
>> No. 104369
>>104368
Asides from that momentary retconned fit of writer insanity? Not in this story.

The people who thought pushing Flandre and Rumia together was a good idea, where there was some animosity and one was trying to get away from the other, were just idiots.
>> No. 104370
>>104368
Only once as you said so yourself you felt it was written awkward with a bad timing of choices and had offered to do a quick retcon.

Any other time that supposedly happened is really just anon's meaning being lost, stupidity from anon, ADD/ADHD/Friday the 13th/Hina not doing a good job, Daylight Savings screwing their biological clocks, PMSing, hunger...

you know... anon being themselves...

In the very end of things, egotism and warshipping have been causing the alleged "spectacular backfires".
>> No. 104371
>>104367
>The only thing Jin should have been smelling of from his training that night was sweat.
The smell of blood doesn't go away so easily. Not only from the past nights, but all of the hot blood rushing through his veins then, too.
>You seriously think it's going to require more work to deal with centuries of choices than it is to deal with centuries of mental illness?
You can't always change who a person is and who they choose to be. You can, however, help someone to release their pent-up anger and take control of their emotions. Allow them a chance to be who they truly wish to be instead of how someone else wants them to be.

People express themselves in different ways. When you can't, it tends to eat away at you. Sometimes, it causes these mental instabilities, and loosening the chains could help to make it all just go away.

If her sister wants for her to have a better life, she has to let her be herself. Deal with these problems not just for the sake of others, but also as a family. She most likely will need a push in the right direction, but it will come to light; if not by us, then by Flandre herself. She will sooner or later get into a fight with her sister, and when that happens, she needs someone there she can trust. Someone to intervene if things get rough. With a little counseling, and a little prodding, we may be able to get rid of her problems, or find the source and deal with it. We have a magician on staff, so if it's a genetic problem or a magical one, it can also be dealt with.

We wanted to teach her. We wanted to help her spread her wings and learn how to fly. We can't do a half-assed job of it. Stopping now would only make shit hit the fan even harder.
>> No. 104373
>>104369
Seconded. This' anon's just desserts.
>> No. 104374
>>104368

To be honest, it's just really one time that it's happened, and it wasn't that bad. That was more blind optimisim by both Flan and Rumia fans.

Most of us have gotten over it and are more concerned with how to fix things. That and if such a thing is to be attempted again in the future, we'll need Cirno's help, (a hard thing if Flan ends up in a bad mood, since it'll worse Cirno's shaky opinion of Jin, no thanks due to the interference of things)

>>104370
you mean the anti-flan fans, since they're the ones who want to see the route fail, no matter if it wrecks the story or not.

Though they have done all fans some good, considering the Patchy H and little sister Rumia, but other than that, their insistence on derailing things has made some problems. I do blame some of the random decisions that result in the club we made being neglected on them.

But we Flan fans have invested too much now to back out, we will help her get over her issues (sister and insanity related). Folks might not know this but we do wish in our hearts that we could look at some of the other routes in this, but this is a very rare opportunity to pursue a route that is otherwise never available.

(But for Rumia fans, I think this and a few other stories will end up making the Rumia route more common in future stories; though I don't think anyone but the bravest soul will ever try a Flan route again just due to the irrational opposition to it)

I never said a thing about Rumia fans since I think some can happily compromise with her being the little sister figure in the story.

Though if someone manages to derail things from the Flan route (sure there's no route lock, but she has been indeed the main target for much of the story, even winning over the almighty Sakuya.)
>> No. 104377
File 125865532839.jpg - (10.81KB , 282x202 , kxm9EzJs.jpg ) [iqdb]
104377
I dunno. Maybe I'm just paranoid, maybe real-life stress is making me see everything in a negative light, but... I used to smile when I looked at my thread and noticed it had new replies. Now, I get this painful feeling in my gut. Whenever I hear my story mentioned, these days it's often in a negative context. I see people dropping it left and right - even worse, readers I actually talk to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I had it coming, somehow. Or maybe I really am paranoid to the point where I see only the negative and have become blind to the positive.

I'm not trying to moan for attention here or anything, I'm just informing you why I can't feel any motivation to write the next update these days. It's become harder and harder, and when I sat down today and opened up my text file... I just couldn't type it. I felt this bad taste in my mouth, and that feeling in my gut.

I don't know anymore. I don't want to put this on hiatus. I have a bad history of starting things and never finishing them; I had wanted this story to be an exception. If I take a break now, I'm afraid I might never be able to bring myself to come back to it. And yet, it's so damn hard.

Eh. I don't know what to do. I'll try to suck it up and type up something non-shitty later tonight, if at all possible.

Sorry. Self-sage for no update yet, etc.
>> No. 104378
File 125865549447.jpg - (491.14KB , 1400x1006 , 1596750.jpg ) [iqdb]
104378
>>104368
Retcon aside: getting bitten by a hungry youkai in >>100136, I think a lot of people were (pleasantly) surprised you went that route with mana transfer in >>98109, Flan's animosity towards Mokou was an unintended consequence of inviting Flandre on our trip in >>97182, collapsing in >>96171 (arguably), swim lesson cockblock in >>95523 (you could have at least warned us, goddammit), >>94853: hand job bad end, our terrible joke back-fired in all the right ways in >>95068, Flandre's first biting incident in >>93684, and the first couple of mysterious book options was an unexpected amount of mindfuckery early on what was a chill slice-of-life story at the time.

Included some not exactly 'innocent' choices, situations where there results were fairly 'obvious' in hindsight, and some things were pretty surprising but out of our control.

Also reading back, the voters seem to have lost their sense of humor and have gotten terribly SERIOUS BUSINESS about the whole thing. I'm pining for the light hearted attitude of the early threads now.
>> No. 104381
>>104377
Dude. A lot of the writers here would kill for the kind of attention/discussion your story gets.
>> No. 104382
>>104368
You aren't the problem, anon is. Where the hell half these people came from is beyond me, since no other board gets nearly as much attention.

>>104377
I'd suggest holding another open vote for a routelock. These shitstorms are indeed rather tiresome.

Anyone have a better idea?
>> No. 104385
>>104377
People are actually dropping the story? That's a surprise. Though the best case scenario if the Flan route gets derailed is those fans dropping the story (Alot of effort has been put into pursuing this route; having it get derailed would be a massive demoralizing blow)

Still this particular incident was remotely over the top.

>>104378
Yeah but none of those were exactly horrible, and the swim lesson prevention was made up for by Komachi's exploding swimsuit.

I think part of things are a mix of Flan's nitroglycerin-ish nature, Anti-flan fans' tampering, and the occasional bout of anon Shirou-optimism.

Also there's the bitter history of a certain story that never did settle on a target, something I think Flan fans at least want to prevent.

>>104382
/th/ has been the liveliest board, which in turn encourages more stories which encourages more liveliness, perhaps to the determent of other boards. Also this story seems to have routes that aren't covered by other current stories (/sdm/ being about dead doesn't help things); mainly Flan and Rumia (two character traditionally seen as only little sister types), with bits of Patchy, Sakuya and Keine.

And I'm all for the route lock, good way to prevent any derailing attempts in the future.
>> No. 104386
>>104385 here

I mean Flan fans want to settle on a target to avoid repeating that history.

Also this story will most likely end up increasing the popularity of possible Rumia routes at least, Flan routes will most likely be rare just due to how insane the opposition to them are.

As far as future runs go, I'd like to try Youmu, Komachi, or Keine routes. Or Even a Reimu route (inb4 senseless Reimu haet)

Though if Sakuya ends up a student in the next run, she'll be a very strong choice. So would Patchy, but both would be hard without retreading the general SDM arc.

I'm sure future runs will go better, that is unless by some absurd fluke going on a Komachi of Keine route ends up provoking an attack by anti-breast fans.
>> No. 104389
Taisa, maybe you should write the story on /words/ since it's so slow there you won't push any important thread off the board? Then after there are enough updates, you can come here and post them. Kinda like, manga magazines and tankobons, you know?
>> No. 104390
>>104377

Don't let yourself get so downcast. As a recent reader, I think you're doing a pretty solid job as a writer. Though I'll admit, the main reason I picked this up was because of how you portrayed Rumia (I really like the idea of the female rival/enemy/girl-who-doesn't-like-you-alot-but-hangs-around-you-anyway. I blame Jerl and his Shouko), I feel you did a very good job portraying every one else in a likable fashion. Sure, not eveyone will like your story, but the fact that one of your threads filled up simply with people voting and arguing about your story should be enough to show you that people like what you do.

Really, the only problem I have is the current Flandre vs. The world shipping war that's going on now. But that's not your fault.
>> No. 104392
File 125866252564.jpg - (264.56KB , 1075x650 , 2537775.jpg ) [iqdb]
104392
>>104382
>I'd suggest holding another open vote for a routelock.

I really don't feel like rewarding the anons that are so obsessed with 'routes' that they would actually ruin the whole story because of them. Taisa basically told us everything we need to know in >>104022; why are people still so caught up on these things?

>>104385
>Flan fan
>Anti Flan fan

I am the only one sick and tired of seeing these terms, and the needlessly divisive mindset associated with them, bandied about like it's acceptable? It just gives people an easy way to troll each other, propagates a notion about the story that has since been denied by the author, and the terms themselves aren't even that interesting or clever.

>>104377
I know you're discouraged and real life is demanding most of the time, but I think you might need to 'own' your story a little more. If something is bugging you, tell us to cut that shit out. Could be easy as rounding up some of the needlessly incendiary posts and telling them to take it to /words/. Might put a damper on discussion, but honestly, we probably need something like that right now. Check out the monk story if you need an idea what an author taking care of his story looks like.

Anyway, posting Suika, because it's the only way we'll ever get to see her in these threads.
>> No. 104393
>>104385
>anti-Flan fags
>Derailing

Okay, you know what? Shut up, Wiseman.

This attitude is exactly the sort of thing that causes the huge shitstorms that have plagued recent threads. You, in particular, have been antagonistic as all hell - you bring up your opposition constantly, even during relatively peaceful moments, and then insult them and claim that they're intentionally ruining this story. You go on to act as though you know exactly what's best for the story, despite the fact that your own miserable excuse for a story was blithering failure.

That antagonistic attitude is exactly why every time someone tries to start a discussion of some sort, everything goes down the crapper. Someone will post up some points of discussion, and no matter how calm they are, someone will sling a volley of insults at them alongside a bunch of poorly thought-out rebuttals. The vitriol level just goes up and up, and people start getting settled into their opinions without thinking them through, which just results in an endless shouting match.

Frankly, I think this story would be better off if everyone stopped thinking in terms of routes. That stuff shouldn't matter except when you have free time to pursue someone; pursuing a route well isn't something that should have to be forced, and require you to forsake a bunch of other characters to accomplish. If you'd all just chill out and start looking at this is as another story that's primarily about fun, I think we'd all be better off; we'd be doing friendlier things in the story, and helping more people out, and an optimistic attitude would help us maximize our gains.
>> No. 104394
I wish people would shut the hell up about routes and we just get on with it at Taisa's discretion.
>> No. 104395
>>104392

Because some folks are afraid of this story ending up a repeat of DoLF1, which didn't end well at all. It's a story where anon never settled on a target and the various factions went all over the place without a clear target in mind.

And the terms reflect the two main sides in these shit storms mostly, with bits from the other character's fans. Most of the story has been in pursuit of a Flan route, if not for the interference by such things, it'd be a nice case of settling on a target.

But reminders to smell the roses isn't a bad thing, but derail attempts are.

As far as the Monk anon's story goes, he doesn't do things to provoke shitstorms, but logical discussion. And he AVOIDS "cheesy one or the other" choices (in fact it was anon thinking like such that bit it in the ass.)

That and he does communicate more with the readers so we know what he's thinking, and he's willing to explain why our action was a fuck up. (Not "LOL SHIT HAPPENS")
>> No. 104399
>>104385
>>and the swim lesson prevention was made up for by Komachi's exploding swimsuit.

Heh. That was cool.

>>
I am the only one sick and tired of seeing these terms, and the needlessly divisive mindset associated with them, bandied about like it's acceptable? It just gives people an easy way to troll each other, propagates a notion about the story that has since been denied by the author, and the terms themselves aren't even that interesting or clever.

This, this, a thousand times this.
Disagreement is unavoidable at times, but the way people seem to be assigning themselves into camps of "us" or "them" these discussions feel less and less like discussions and more like some bizarre impersonation of real-world politics.

Suffice to say, some people are not taking it as easy as they should, and are perhaps getting so wrapped up in point fingers at others for ruining things for them that they don't notice that they're ruining things for themselves.


That said, Taisa, yes you are probably being just a smidge paranoid, and seeing too much of the negative and not enough of the positive. That each post elicits as much response as they do just shows how "into it" they are. While that could simply be due to the nature of the people themselves, I'd like to think it's just as likely a sign that you're doing something right.
>> No. 104400
>>104377

I love your story Taisa. The only reason i dont check back for updates every day is because it takes forever to look through the whole thread for the story >.> god will you people shut the fuck up? its fan fiction. how could it possibly require this much discussion?
>> No. 104402
Taisa. You are the best writer on here right now.

(If anyone disagrees, don't start an argument. It's just my opinion)
>> No. 104403
File 125866771623.jpg - (3.33KB , 126x123 , 1237599024644.jpg ) [iqdb]
104403
>>104400
>>.>
>> No. 104404
File 125866803635.jpg - (1.09MB , 1450x1950 , ad9001aaead77ce52e964edb18c39df0.jpg ) [iqdb]
104404
>Or maybe I really am paranoid to the point where I see only the negative and have become blind to the positive.
This. You seem to be weak willed, like a child who believes everything he's told. This' the Internet, the more popular something is, the more people who'll find an excuse to hate it.

I dunno, I talked to you a few times on IRC and you seemed to be a normal and level-headed person... but quoting trolls over and over again isn't really the best way to keep your head clear.
>> No. 104405
I suppose it'd be best if I simply convinced myself that the pleased majority is the less vocal one in comparison to the upset minority. I'd hope so, at least.

>>Also reading back, the voters seem to have lost their sense of humor and have gotten terribly SERIOUS BUSINESS about the whole thing. I'm pining for the light hearted attitude of the early threads now.
Hmm. Maybe I should take another day's break, re-read some of my old threads and try to figure out what it was that I did right way back then...
>> No. 104407
>>104405
You could write more Patchouli.

Granted, I'm highly biased, but I figure there's no harm in stating the obvious.

Also, this: >>104403
Why is not being retarded apparently such a hard rule t follow?
>> No. 104410
>>104405

I don't think the problem is you so much than Anon's attitude, but it seems to be building up for a while, perhaps due to more and more people reading this.
>> No. 104411
>>104405
Then let me just say that I heartily enjoy your writing. Take a break or do whatever you need to do, just don't stop writing permanently. The loyal anons will still be here.
>> No. 104414
>>104405
>the pleased majority is the less vocal one in comparison to the upset minority.

That, my friend, is what happens around the entire world.
>> No. 104416
File 125867361189.jpg - (390.72KB , 569x685 , patchy.jpg ) [iqdb]
104416
>>104405
>I suppose it'd be best if I simply convinced myself that the pleased majority is the less vocal one in comparison to the upset minority.
This is a good start, but I think you'd be better off in the long run if you set a personal goal for the quality of your story and did what was necessary to reach that goal. Relying on other people to tell you you're good can work, especially since you are a good writer, but focusing on pleasing yourself is a much more tenable strategy. (In before 'if you know what I mean'.)

Reading your story and figuring out how to improve your writing is a good first step, but in the end, that personal goal is probably going to involve controlling the direction of the story, and as a consequence, Anon's votes and actions. You've said that you think this story is written by both you and Anon, and it seems that you've gone to great lengths to avoid being dictatorial, but do remember that you have a majority stake in your writing, and keep your mind open to tools like vetoing and routelocks. They may upset some, but if they keep the story going the way you want it to, it's a small price to pay.

And try to cheer up. Here, have some bikini Patchouli.
>> No. 104425
Taisa, I enjoy your story and your writing in general. I think the problem here is that anon's bitching and moaning influences you a bit too much. Like that other dude said, 'I think you need to 'own' your story a bit more'.
>> No. 104426
>>104416
>And try to cheer up. Here, have some bikini Patchouli.

Sorry, but that picture is ineffective. Change it for a better one, and then maybe.
>> No. 104429
File 125867546171.gif - (120.40KB , 952x914 , SexyKoPatch001.gif ) [iqdb]
104429
>>104426

Have some bath.
>> No. 104433
File 12586769298.jpg - (123.93KB , 640x480 , e766c28762c2c4f67e4f6d07fc1cbb2d.jpg ) [iqdb]
104433
Okay, got some coffee in me, writefag breakdown hour is over, let's get cracking again. Can't afford to lose pace any more than I already have, lest I become glasnost.

I'm kidding. I wouldn't dare compare myself to a writer of such respectable level.

Also, lack of more appropriate picture ftl.

--------

While you'd like to clear things up with Flandre next, you quickly realize that she's probably long gone by now, back at the mansion, and you're still just as flight-incapable as before. Your inexplicable encounter with a shark youkai just this week puts swimming out of the question as well, leaving you without any options for crossing the lake to speak of. Just before you give up and head off in a random direction to find something mildly interesting to waste your day on, you have a minor flash of clarity. Who do you know that lives close to you, can fly, and is obligated to aid you once, should you ask for it? With a friendly smile, you turn to face Rumia, the girl glaring back at you suspiciously and slowly inching her way back into the house.

"Say, Rumia."

"...what." Voice full of suspicion, she stops, peering at you from the window with one eye, only half of her face sticking out.

"Remember that favor you owe me?"

"Noooooope..." Again, she starts slowly slinking inwards; you promptly walk over to the window and lean against the wall, staring her right in the face with a smug grin; she actually seems startled by this for a moment, although she quickly realizes your respective positions in the local food chain and regains her composure.

"I beat you at chess the other day, and I said you'd owe me a favor. I'd like to claim that favor now."

"Is that so..?" She fidgets a little, drumming her fingers together and glancing to the side with a mild frown on her face.
"It's not anything... embarrassing, is it?" she asks with an accusative tone. Unfortunately, this is not accompanied by an adorable flustered blush; a shame.

"Don't joke about things that shouldn't be joked about. Actually, I'd like for you to give me a lift, being that you're my most convenient closest acquaintance with the ability to fly."

She can already sense where this is going, fidgeting nervously and avoiding your gaze, glancing over her shoulder and pondering her escape.
"...Is that so? Hypothetically speaking... a lift to where, exactly?"

Just so she doesn't try to run, you reach out and grip one of her small hands firmly; a wide smile still fixed on your face, you give her the answer.
"To the island in the middle of the lake."

By a sheer stroke of luck, you manage not to knock anything off the kitchen counters or break anything - neither property nor bones - after your sudden flight through the window, Rumia having jerked back with enough force to nearly rip off your arm. In hindsight, it might have been better to simply let go, but this is a matter of principle. You land on top of Rumia in a manner that would surely be comical in some manner of romantic comedy or harem anime.
"Do... Not... Want..!" She manages to utter, struggling out from underneath you, your hand still clinging to her wrist as she literally drags you along the kitchen floor. Stubborn bastard, aren't you?

"Whoa whoa whoa, calm down before you get me killed!"

She gradually stops struggling, glancing at you with narrowed eyes and frowning even harder than before.
"...That doesn't sound too bad, really."

"Look. At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. All you need to do is set me down on the island - you don't have to stick around or anything, I just need to talk to Flandre about things." Getting up and dusting yourself off, trying to regain some lost dignity after being thrashed around like a ragdoll and feeling somewhat impressed with the durability of your aching body, you continue, reaching out and patting the pouting girl on the head with a smirk.
"Can't have her terrorizing my little sister figure, now can I? Heck, maybe I can even get her to be more friendly towards you; convince her that you're family and all that. Come on, your mother told you you shouldn't be afraid of things, so... Please?"

"Hmph. Family, huh..." Grumbling loudly, she intently stares nowhere in particular for a while, before throwing her arms up in surrender and sighing.
"Alright, alright, I'll do it! Damn it, bro... You realize I'm only doing this because I owe you that one favor, right?"

"No, no, you're supposed to blush furiously and go 'I-it's not that I like you or anything, dummy'... OOF!" Your tasteless joke is met with a (fortunately not full-strength) punch in the gut.

...

"Wah... I really don't want to do thiiiiis..." Rumia's words are difficult to hear with the wind loudly billowing past your ears at this altitude; you feel moderately grateful that you're not awfully terrified of heights, although having someone fly you through the air while you're perfectly conscious and aware of your surroundings is still more than a little unnerving. Were it not for Rumia having the strength of a bear, you'd probably be worrying about slipping from her grasp, dangling from her arms like this. You really should have dressed warmer, too; at this speed and altitude, it gets rather chilly. Even so, flying any lower would get you spotted, and you'd rather avoid that for the moment.
"Why can't you learn how to fly yourself, bro? It's not like it's hard or anything. I mean, if you can do danmaku anyway..."

"Hey, I didn't even know what danmaku -is- a week ago. Don't expect too much from me; I'm only human." She seems to chuckle in response to this, her grip tightening around you just a little.

"Yeah, that's right... [b[Only[/b] human." With that, you begin a slow descent, the Scarlet Devil mansion coming into view as Rumia aims for the shore of the island furthest away from the walls surrounding it. A light shiver runs through her body, which you can feel due to your back being pressed against her chest (don't think about it too hard, now); poor girl must still feel rather unsure of coming this close to the den of vampires, the younger one in particular. Best hope your skill in delivering a cheesy soliloquy will be sufficient to quell the animosity between the two crazy blondes in your life, if not quite eliminate it altogether. Your feet touch the ground first, at a surprisingly appropriate speed so you don't lose your balance or hurt yourself; granted, being a man-eater, you'd figure she's used to carrying people around through the air (try not to think too hard about -that-, either).
"Well, here you are, bro. I'll be getting the hell out of here now. Try not to get killed, mmmkay~?" Offering you a toothy grin that almost seems sweet, she follows up the kind-seeming sentence with something a little more in character.
"...That pleasure is reserved for me, after all."

"Thanks. That means a lot, really." Chuckling and shaking your head, amazed and mildly worried about how easily you can shrug off death threats these days, you glance towards the red building before you.
"I'll try, for you."

"Well then, byeby-..." She's cut off by the sound of sharp metal embedding itself into the earth between her feet, shock nearly knocking her off balance as Sakuya, clad in her usual uniform and wearing her boots, seemingly materializes out of nowhere between the two of you, three extremely shiny and extremely sharp-looking knives gripped between the fingers of her right hand, her left on her hip as the tilts her head at Rumia with a wily smile.

"My my, the killer returns to the scene of the crime."

"K-killer?" you blurt out, confused as to what the heck the maid could be talking about; as if only just now noticing your presence, she casually turns her head to face you, greeting you with a polite nod.

"Ah, good to see you again, kid. How's life been treating you?" A knife disappears from between her fingers and embeds itself into a previously rather solid-seeming rock in front of Rumia, who had attempted to make her escape while Sakuya was distracted. You'd think she'd just fly away or something.
"Ah, yes. I heard from a very reliable source that you're guilty of planticide, little lady."

...Is 'planticide' even a word..?

"Plantiwhat? Look, I don't know what you're talking about, so I'll just be going..."

"To hell?" The head maid's face has a tranquil, perfectly elegant smile on it as she utters these words, taking a few steps towards Rumia, pulling a few more knives out of nowhere with her left, previously empty hand.
"Allow me to help you along your journey, little lady."

"W-wait! Waiiit!" Holding her arms out in defense, Rumia glances towards you with a look that seems almost pleading, before apparently realizing that asking a lowly human like you for help in a situation like this would be beneath her. Granted, Sakuya is a human too, isn't she..?
"Duel! I want a duel!"

The maid stops in mid-step, touching her lower lip with the hilt of a knife in thought, looking mildly surprised.
"A duel? How unusual. Well, by all means... Ah, but you." Still smiling, she peers at you from over her shoulder.
"If you would, I'd appreciate it if you headed inside for the moment. I'll be with you shortly; I'd rather not have the mistress catch you observing a duel, if you know what I mean. Just tell Meiling I told her to let you in. She won't try to stop you."



[] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.
[] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
[] Watch from some bushes in secret; you'd like to see what Sakuya can do. If she's really just a normal human, like you, then this ought to be interesting.
[] (Obligatory write-in option.)
>> No. 104437
[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.

If (when) that doesn't work:

[x] Watch from some bushes in secret; you'd like to see what Sakuya can do. If she's really just a normal human, like you, then this ought to be interesting.
>> No. 104438
[] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.

We got knocked the last time we tried to watch a duel, didn't we? Or am I going crazy and/or recalling another story?
>> No. 104439
[x] Challenge Sakuya to a duel instead.
>> No. 104441
>>104438
>We got knocked the last time we tried to watch a duel, didn't we? Or am I going crazy and/or recalling another story?
I think you're thinking of ASSM.

[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
Well, actually telling her Flandre did it probably isn't the best course, since she was apparently angry enough to hold a grudge against Rumia all this time.
>> No. 104442
[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
>> No. 104443
[x] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.
- [x] Try to make it a point to see Remilia and explain things including the truth ASAP!

Sure duels are non-lethal, but I don't think Rumia has much of a chance against a "Goddamn stage 5 boss" And I'm a bit worried about the terms of it.
>> No. 104444
>I dunno. Maybe I'm just paranoid, maybe real-life stress is making me see everything in a negative light, but... I used to smile when I looked at my thread and noticed it had new replies. Now, I get this painful feeling in my gut. Whenever I hear my story mentioned, these days it's often in a negative context. I see people dropping it left and right - even worse, readers I actually talk to.

This is bullshit, and you know it. All the people who say they are dropping it, will still read it. Worry less about what people say, most of it changes daily.

[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
>> No. 104447
[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
>> No. 104449
>[] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.

I think this would enable us to get to Remilia quicker as to explain things, but we'd leave Rumia in the lurch.

>[] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.

Worried about the risk of her esteem for us dropping (she's a valuable ally in dealing with the sisters so we can't afford to lose that), but it'd help clear Rumia up and get her out of trouble.

>[] Watch from some bushes in secret; you'd like to see what Sakuya can do. If she's really just a normal human, like you, then this ought to be interesting.

I have no idea what this would result in.

Just some food for thought, since I have no idea of what an absolutely right choice is.
>> No. 104450
[] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.

Jin is a good boy!
>> No. 104451
[x] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.

The only thing this could really hurt is Rumia. And as nice as she is, I'd rather potentially damage our relations with her than cause any trouble regarding the whole SDM. It's our fault that Rumia is in this situation, but the same applies to Flandre, sort of. Though I am a bit curious about watching Sakuya, but... there's more than one chance for that, potentially. And I don't really count on her not noticing us at all, especially after the duel.
>> No. 104452
>>104429

Much better
>> No. 104454
[X] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.

This situation is entirely our fault, and let's face it, it would be kind of a dick move to abandon Rumia to it. Especially when she would be taking the heat for the person we're here to confront.
>> No. 104455
Hey guys. Don't you think that standing up for Rumia might get Jin in more trouble? Specially since no one in the mansion sees her with good eyes?
>> No. 104457
>>104455
Hence the moral delemia, since the two main choices risk damaging our standing with one of the two girls.

If there's a write in artist in this topic, please work your magic!
>> No. 104460
[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
[x]"I didn't want to lie but Flandre was already upset enough by that incident."
>> No. 104466
[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
[x]"I didn't want to lie but Flandre was already upset enough by that incident."
[x]"I made peace with Rumia recently, so don't blame her too hard for my lie"
>> No. 104468
[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.

We came here to lay our cards on the table with Remi and Flan, might as well start flexing that honesty. Bracing for Sakuya disapproval.
>> No. 104471
[x] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
[x]"I didn't want to lie but Flandre was already upset enough by that incident."
[x]"I made peace with Rumia recently, so don't blame her too hard for my lie"
>> No. 104473
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.

[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.

[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?

So, one of the lies we told earlier has now come back to haunt us.
This had better not be an indication of how the rest of the day is going to turn out...
>> No. 104475
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.

[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.

[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104476
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.

[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.

[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104477
[x] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.
[x] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.
[x] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104478
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.

[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.

[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104479
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.

[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.

[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?

One can only hope that this is the only other hurtle other than dealing with Remilia herself.
>> No. 104480
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.

[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.

[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104482
I wish I could post from proxies as good as anonymous here

[x] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.
>> No. 104484
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.
[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.
[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104487
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.
[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.
[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104489
File 125870509623.gif - (71.43KB , 422x600 , muppetsextips.gif ) [iqdb]
104489
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.
[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.
[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104491
>[] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.

Uh, just what is this supposed to mean?
>[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident

And start lieing to Sakuya as well? Jin promised no such thing. Also, Sakuya too doesn't like Rumia; helping the blonde monster will demand more explanations and will waste even more time. Remember, the more time passes, the more time the Scarlet's idea of the incident can get worse.

Also, duels are non-lethal. Why are you worrying so much?
>>104482

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>> No. 104492
>>104482
>I wish I could post from proxies as good as anonymous here

proxies are only good when you get banned from /jp/ for posting Touhou porn. Or off-topic spamcrap.
>> No. 104493
[X] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.

Heh, about that plant sakuya....
>> No. 104494
>>104491
>>you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident

>>And start lieing to Sakuya as well? Jin promised no such thing.

>>"Look. At least this way you'll have two less things to be concerned about; a debt, and possibly a nightmare. All you need to do is set me down on the island - you don't have to stick around or anything, I just need to talk to Flandre about things."

I would think that if you're reassuring someone by telling them they can leave as soon as they've dropped you off, with no need to stick around, that it's pretty much implied they'll be gone before anything can happen to them.


>>Also, duels are non-lethal. Why are you worrying so much?

For supposedly being non-lethal, both Sakuya and Reimu looked pretty damn banged up after that "surprise visit" to the library that one night.

But that's besides the point. The real point is that Sakuya dealing with Rumia in any way right now would be counter-productive, and it would be far more beneficial if we could instead get her assistance regarding this business with Flandre. That, and as Rumia is one of the people we're trying to help by patching things up with Flandre, it rather defeats the purpose of trying to help her if we wind up getting her ass kicked by someone else as a result, don't you think?
>> No. 104496
>>104491

Haven't you considered the terms of the duel with Sakuya wins? She might impose that she could never see Jin again or something like that.

Regardless we just can't abandon our little sister.
>> No. 104497
[x] Be a good boy and do as you're told; head inside the mansion. Duels are non-fatal and bloodless, right? You're sure everything will be fine. Hopefully.
>> No. 104498
>>104496
That would never work. We're not the ones dueling Sakuya; her conditions don't affect us.
>> No. 104500
>>104498

She might make Rumia clean up her own mess, since remember winning a duel means that the loser HAS to do what winner says.

Sakuya sees the duel chance as an easy win most likely.
>> No. 104501
[X] Plead with Sakuya on Rumia's behalf. She's only there right now because she's helping you try to resolve a possibly bad situation that she unwillingly became a part of that was largely your fault, and is thus your responsibility if anything happens to her.
[X] Besides, you basically promised her she would be able to leave without incident once she dropped you off, and you would really rather not have two promises that you made for today that you can't keep.
[X] At the very least, can't she overlook this for today? Let her go, and pretend she didn't see her?
>> No. 104503
For those of you who, like me had a hard time remembering what this planticide is about.

>>92947
The planticide

>>92983
The reliable source.
>> No. 104506
>>104503
This was brought up twice during the shit-storm in the last thread, and once before the lastest update in this thread.

Why are you only looking for it now?
>> No. 104529
[X] Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are; hope the suddenly slightly scary maid has a sense of humor.
>> No. 104537
>Explain to Sakuya that you're not quite as reliable of a source of information as she thinks you are

Now I get it! Fucking finally!
>> No. 104550
>>104549
Take it easy Taisa, don't force yourself if you can't do it at the moment.
>> No. 104557
File 125877981537.jpg - (247.52KB , 1000x865 , 5eccdc484e5312b5db003ad429068b36.jpg ) [iqdb]
104557
"Er, actually, Sakuya..." While the notion of allowing the maid to have her way with Rumia seems awfully tempting for various reasons, you decide not to be a total dick - best to come clean about such things, especially since telling the truth about various things was your original motivation for coming to the mansion anyway. Why not start now, work up some momentum so you don't chicken out with the confessions whenever it is that you get to telling Remilia about... well, about everything?
"I, ah, I may not have seen the culprit properly at the time, and the weather was pretty hot, and I was rather shocked, so..."

Sakuya crosses her arms, knives still between her fingers, and turns her head to face you, wagging an index finger at Rumia without even looking in her direction just to remind her not to try escaping. She tilts her head at you curiously, and resumes speaking, an accusative yet mildly amused tone in her voice.
"So you made it up, didn't you. It wasn't her?"

"N-no, I'm pretty sure Rumia had nothing to do with it." The topic of your conversation just sends confused glances between the two of you, blinking obliviously. A pensive look lingers on Sakuya's face for a while, before she peers at Rumia over her shoulder, as if considering her options. Eventually, she lets her arms down, putting the knives away... somewhere. They just seem to vanish into her outfit, as if by magic.

"Alright, little lady, I suppose you can go, today. Emphasis on 'today'; if I ever find reason to suspect you've been causing trouble for the mansion, its residents," she says, suddenly gesturing to you, "or acquaintances of the mistress, I'll put you over my knee and give you the kind of spanking you'll tell about to your grandkids with terror in your voice."
And with that, the color in Rumia's face drains away, the monster girl turning away and flying off so fast you're surprised she didn't break the sound barrier, forming a black orb of shadows around herself as she distances herself from the island, before disappearing into the forest, far, far away. Shielding her eyes from the morning sun with her hand, Sakuya stares after her with a smirk on her face for a short while, before turning her attention back to you.
"Well. I can see you're getting along surprisingly well with the most unexpected people, aren't you?"

"Oh? How can you tell?"

She gestures at your clothing.
"Well, you're on the island. You obviously didn't swim, and Meiling's little boat hasn't been taken out today. Logical deduction dictates that you hitched a ride from the little man-eater." She smirks, amused.
"I'm surprised she didn't just eat you."

"She's tried, repeatedly."

"I can imagine." The maid chuckles lightly, before walking to your side and patting you on the back lightly, prompting you to follow her towards the gate. Looking at her, she seems as cheerful and mellow as ever - did Flandre maintain the facade even in front of the other mansion residents? On the upside, that means there's the off chance you won't have to deal with an angry Remilia driving you into the wall for inadvertently hurting her sister's feelings; on the downside, though...
"Come on, let's head inside. So, what brings you here today?"

"Huh?"

"Well, the mistress did inform me that you might be visiting again this weekend; however, I was under the impression she'd go and fetch you in person. It's a bit of a surprise to see you make your way here by yourself, really; any particular reason I should know about?"

Oh. Yeah. That would seem kind of odd out of the blue like this, wouldn't it... What should you tell her?



[] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[] Tell her you're here to see Patchouli; you'd like to get as much training done as possible, between spending time with the sisters.
[] Tell her you're here to tell Remilia something very important.
[] Tell her you're here to talk to Flandre about private stuff.
[] Tell her you're here for those tai chi lessons from Meiling.
[] Tell her you're here to see her.
[] No reason, really. Just impatient, you guess?
[] (Write-in)

---------

Lolshort. inb4 herp derp stop making us choose between characters to interact with
>> No. 104558
[X] Tell her you're here to talk to Flandre about private stuff.
>> No. 104559
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Best to clear the muck out of the water before socializing.

Though, if Flan hasn't come back, we'll need to go looking for her.
>> No. 104560
Incoming Retcon because Taisa is not satisfied with the update.
Plus, we need a write in here. These choices just won't do.
>> No. 104561
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
>> No. 104562
Wow, I've been seconding a lot of people's write-ins lately. Am I losing my touch, or has the reader base just gotten that much more creative?

[+] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[+] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[+] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
>> No. 104563
Eh, may as well vote for this until something else comes along.

[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
>> No. 104564
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

Works for me~!
>> No. 104565
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
>> No. 104566
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

Hopes she takes this better than HY's Sakuya.
>> No. 104567
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

>>104566
Don't give him any ideas now.
>> No. 104568
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
I can't imagine a reason for this to be inadequate except Sakuya's reaction.

I suppose those risks are what comes with our decision to say 'all the truth' No regrets.
>> No. 104570
File 125878544019.png - (1.80MB , 1273x1468 , 7207225.png ) [iqdb]
104570
>>104557
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

>>104560
>Incoming Retcon because Taisa is not satisfied with the update.

You best not be lying, 'cause now I'm expecting a re-write. I'm pleased as hell that we get more Sakuya, but... a fraction of our usual update? And that 'spanking' line? Love the visual, but seriously: it's too long to be snappy or shocking, but it's too short to affect a real sense of danger or dread. Either way, it lacked impact, especially when you consider who's saying it. Something quick like "...a spanking even your grandchildren will feel," or have her bear down on Rumia, menacing over the little youkai as the details of her impending punishment are described in painfully meticulous detail. Of course, she'll be donning a sadistic, mirthless grin, while her pale blue eyes are aglow with boundless cruelty... or some such.

Sage for rant
>> No. 104571
>>104566

I wouldn't worry, this Sakuya has shown herself to be nice and composed (if it was HY's Sakuya, she'd have killed Jin when she found out about the Flan bite incident)

>>104562
I think in some stories some folks are stepping up their A game when it comes to write ins.

[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

We might as start with 2nd most understanding person in the mansion.
>> No. 104573
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

Sounds good.
>> No. 104575
[x] Tell her you're here to see her.

Fuck all that noise. Sakuya~
>> No. 104578
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
[x]"Seeing you is a nice bonus, though."
>> No. 104579
>>104570
>I'm pleased as hell that we get more Sakuya, but... a fraction of our usual update?

I did not really mean it that way, it was more like Taisa is a perfectionist. Low votes and comments this time so something is wrong here.
>> No. 104580
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
>> No. 104583
>>104579

More like everyone was on the same page on what to do.
>> No. 104584
[x] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[x] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[y] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
>> No. 104586
>>104579
Yeah... you might want to reconsider that.

Shitstorms does not equal, by any rate, quality. This time there are fewer comments and votes because there are no arguments: everyone knows what to do here.

On another note, retcons mean more effort and time wasted for the writefag, while not advancing the story even one bit. I don't like them but it's not really up to me I guess.
>> No. 104588
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.
>> No. 104590
>>104579
First, >>104561 came up with a near perfect plan right off the bat. Second, people are either discussion'd out or they're trying to tone it back after the last couple shit storms. Helps that, by herself, Sakuya has proven to be a fairly low-drama person compared to everyone else.

Actually, thinking back, how many people know we know? Patchu, Rumia, and Mystia (by extension due to danmaku duel) for sure. I think it was inferred that Patchu told Eirin, but would that include Reisen as well? In terms of people that we've had some kind of extended interaction with: Remilia, Flandre, Keine, Cirno, Sakuya (who probably already knows anyway), and the Prismrivers still don't know. Fair to assume the handful of touhous we've had brief encounters with (Reimu, Mokou, Kaguya) don't know either. Is that about right?

Also: 20 threads and we've only talked to a little more than a dozen touhous. I don't know how to feel about this.
>> No. 104591
>>104590
>Actually, thinking back, how many people know we know?
Well, let's recap, shall we?
>Patchu, Rumia, and Mystia (by extension due to danmaku duel) for sure.
Correct.
>I think it was inferred that Patchu told Eirin, but would that include Reisen as well?
Yes it would.
>In terms of people that we've had some kind of extended interaction with: Remilia, Flandre, Keine, Cirno, Sakuya (who probably already knows anyway), and the Prismrivers still don't know.
Sakuya knows.
>Fair to assume the handful of touhous we've had brief encounters with (Reimu, Mokou, Kaguya) don't know either.
Reimu doesn't. Mokou and Kaguya do.
>> No. 104596
>>104591
>Reimu doesn't
Didn't someone say that every declared duel is reported to Reimu? Unless I'm remembering the wrong story.
>> No. 104597
>>104596
She can sense duels occurring and where they take place, due to her connection to the great barrier, but not who exactly is involved. This has been hinted at a couple of times already.

At least, this is how it goes in my personal spin of how things work.
>> No. 104601
[X] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[X] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[X] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

>>104597
>She can sense duels occurring and where they take place, due to her connection to the great barrier, but not who exactly is involved.

Reimu: "My d-d-d-duel senses are tingling"

Rather interesting since she at one point sensed a new youkai a few threads back but couldn't have pinpointed the location of said youkai...

I also find it hard to believe we've forgotten SuikaTenshi as if she was just a recently killed off character after Jin ate part of the peach from her hat in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 104602
>>I also find it hard to believe we've forgotten Tenshi as if she was just a recently killed off character after Jin ate part of the peach from her hat in a fit of insanity.

Tenshi's plane was shot down over the Youkai Mountain. It spun in. There were no survivors.
>> No. 104603
>>104602

I laughed then choked on a pretzel, then I laughed again.
>> No. 104610
>>104609
>> No. 104618
[x] Tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
[x] Start with the bit about coming clean with Remilia about what you know, and work your way up to your ill-fated attempt to get the two little blond-haired red-eyed girls in your life to try to get along.
[x] Also, any advice or input she could offer on any of those matters would be helpful and appreciated.

Sakuya as Ally #2 in the SDM sits well with me.

And did we ever bring her that fucking lightbulb? If not:

[x] Apologize for not bringing a replacement lightbulb. Again.
>> No. 104623
>>104618
>And did we ever bring her that fucking lightbulb?

I think Sakuya has long since given up on ever expecting a new lightbulb from us.