[Return]
Archived thread

File 125807735077.jpg - (104.14KB , 425x600 , you_find_this_in_your_bed.jpg ) [iqdb]
103445 No. 103445
According to rumours on the 'net, the recent disturbances in public space were caused by a group of students.

You feel weird, a spinny kind of weird. You open your eyes to find yourself laying in a field of flowers, but you don't feel surprise, instead just confused. You sit up, looking around you. It looks like park of some kind, a bright sky overhead with the sun shining down, small trees and benches dot the area, a small, simple play area several feet away with swings and a slide. Despite the weather, it doesn't feel warm. It doesn't feel cold either, it feels... nothing. You get to your feet, walking a few steps away from where you had been laying. The sound of your feet moving through the grass and flowers actually seems to echo in this... place. What is this?

“Hello?” you call out, searching for any kind of life. Your voice very clearly echoes here, which unsettles you even more. You hear a voice whispering around you, a familiar voice. Sounds like... “Luna? Are you here?” you call out, “I can hear you. I though...” The voice stops.

“Welcome,” a new voice says, from directly behind you. You start forward, nearly falling over as you turn around, only to have to cover your eyes. The sun is shining directly over whoever is behind you, the glare making it hard to see. You do manage to notice that it's a girl, or a woman at least, since she's taller than you. A pair of golden framed wings shimmer in the sunlight. Another fairy? … A big fairy. Big-

“Sister!” you wake with a shout, causing the fairies collected at the edge of your bed to jump with surprise, all of them falling back. You blink a few times, then rub your eyes. Or you would, had you not pressed your fingers into your glasses. You fell asleep with them on? You look around your room this time, from how you're positioned, you seemed to have fallen asleep sitting up in your bed. You look down at your bed itself this time, and the explanation seems clear to you, with the newest fairy lying curled up against the wall next to the window.

“You okay?” Luna asks, showing a little concern. “You were talking in your sleep, so we were kind of...” You feel your face heating up a little. You were talking in your sleep, huh? So everything you were saying...

“Yeah, fine, uh,” you cover, gesturing to the fairy in your bed. “Is she alright?” Luna nods, grinning a bit.

“She was recovering fine last night. You ended up falling asleep watching her it seems, after we went to bed,” Luna explains, nodding to the girl, who rolls over a bit and opens her eyes as well, focusing on you, then Luna. She'd recovered quite well last night. You ended up helping the fairies out a bit, using your partition as a host to download a restore for the injured you've learned was called 'Lily'. From the looks of things, it's due to be finished downloading in just over an hour from now. Still, she's made good recovery with help from the other three, actually using metabugs to repair some of the damage she'd taken, transforming small handfuls of the stone-like data particles into patches of fabric flesh. All digitally, of course, but still, you'd only known them to be used to make metatags. It sure proved an interesting lesson in why the fairies are targeted by illegals at least.

“I'm going to go downstairs, call me when the restore is ready,” you say, sliding your legs off your bed. You didn't even get under your sheets, you just fell asleep sitting on top of everything, and you didn't even change your clothes either from the look of it. You grab a change anyway and set about your morning routine. Yumiko spent the night out last night, so she's not home. After 20 minutes, you've washed and taken a seat on the couch to flick through some news. Without a doubt, you want to see through the restoration for Lily, but after that you have no plans for today unless Madoka calls you up about another hunt. You're not sure if you want to go on another one, right now.

[] You'll make your plans for the day when the time comes.
[] First come first serve feels right, today. First caller gets it.
[] You can always make the decision when offers are made.
[] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.

>> No. 103446
[x] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[x] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.
>> No. 103447
[x] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[x] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.
>> No. 103448
[0] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[1] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.
>> No. 103451
[x] You can always make the decision when offers are made.
-[x] Until then, work on the Cyberpet.
>> No. 103452
[x] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[x] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.
>> No. 103465
So quick to give up any interesting opportunities, guys? I'd at least figure to work on the cyberpet while waiting for something to come up, since we don't know what might come up.
>> No. 103476
[X] You can always make the decision when offers are made.
-[X] Until then, work on your cyberpet.
>> No. 103477
[x] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[x] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.
>> No. 103479
[X] You can always make the decision when offers are made.
-[X] Until then, work on your cyberpet.

Okay.
>> No. 103480
[X] You can always make the decision when offers are made.
-[X] Until then, work on your cyberpet.
>> No. 103484
[x] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[x] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.
>> No. 103485
[X] You can always make the decision when offers are made.
-[X] Until then, work on your cyberpet.
>> No. 103486
[x] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[x] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.

Just chill~
>> No. 103840
No updates for a while. The last week or so I've been sleeping poorly and it's catching up to me. I feel tired all the time and feel terrible in general. I'm just going to chill for a few days and rest.
>> No. 103845
>>103840

Don't worry a small break is better than a massive one down the line.
>> No. 103899
>>103845

If it makes you feel any better, I have the end of classes coming along around this time next month. I'm sure you all remember how I handled updates the last time I had just a week off.
>> No. 103921
>>103899
The updates were flowing
>> No. 104512
Updates happening sometime today.
>> No. 104519
[x] On second thought, you're booked with the couch all day.
-[x] And with that in mind, it is time for working on your cyber pet.

You'd rather stay home, truth be told. You've got some quality alone time and a rather sizable personal project to work on. You eat rather quickly to get around to business as soon as possible. Setting your plate on the coffee table in front of the couch, you tune the TV to some random channel and kick back on the couch, opening the learning materials you have for your cyberpet programming. Once again, you make sure to go over things you already should know, since practice makes perfect. Your review goes well, having redesigned the Option you've already created, adding a temporary red and black texture to it as a bonus. With that out of the way, you really dig back into your material.

Or you would, if Luna hadn't called down from the top of the stairs just then.

“Takeo, it's ready!” she calls happily. You quickly brush aside the floating books and windows and head upstairs. The others are grouped at the edge of the bed as Luna joins them, a window hovering over Lily as she lay on the bed. You watch as Luna initiates the restore, and the program initiates immediately. A grid appears over Lily's body, and the various squares flash, then change to colours ranging from green to red, seeming to correspond to the level of damage taken. A bright ring of light appears over her head and passes across her body, emitting beams from the ring into patches with damaged data. Once the restoration is complete, the patches all flash again, and then turn green, with a final message indicating the process is complete, and then it all fades away. As soon as it does, Lily begins to stir, which causes the other fairies to all lean further onto the bed. Seeming like she's coming out of a peaceful sleep, Lily stretches and groans, pulling herself up on your bed.

“Heya, girls,” she says, the sound of her voice surprising you a little with how mature, you assume the word to be, she sounds. Quite different from Luna and her tone, fitting for her apparent age, but childish sounding as well. The other three fairies all mob her simultaneously after this, knocking her back down. You approach the bed now, and Lily looks over at you for a moment. All eyes turn to you now, and the trio pull back and let Lily sit up again, and they all sit with each other now.

“Looks like you're in better shape,” you state, which gets you a smirk from Lily.

“It's amazing what a night in bed with a guy can do for a girl,” she replies, and you instantly feel a heat wave rush through your body. It must have left quite the impression on your face, since Lily's smile only broadens. “Oh, don't tell me you're having dirty thoughts about me now!?”

“Now now, don't go pushing your fantasies onto me,” you respond, trying to save face and getting a mocking sounding laugh in return. Luna looks trapped somewhere between completely pissed and utterly embarrassed, while the other two show simply confusion. Lily softens up afterwards, and you just notice her wings now, a pair of black feathered style. You wonder why you hadn't noticed them yet, but considering how damaged she was, they were probably torn away.

“My little sisters told me a lot about you all yesterday and a bit earlier today, I've got to thank you for looking out for them,” she says, bringing a hand up to Sunny's head and ruffling her hair. “You're the first human they've ever really settled in with, so I suppose I should be asking your permission to stick around as well.”

“I don't mind at all, really,” you declare almost immediately, having expected the question. Lily's soft grin turns back into her earlier smirk.

“I'm sure you wouldn't,” she says, sitting forward, “a group of lovely young girls living out of your room? I bet-”

“It's nothing of the sort,” you cut in, heading off her comment. “Personally, I was hoping that by finding as many as I could, I might understand what you fairies are and where you came from.” Lily's eyes widen in surprise a bit before her expression shifts into something you have a hard time reading, something like a cross of pity and nervousness.

“Oh really?” she asks quietly, then pushes a smile through. “Well, I'm sure you'll find your answers if you search hard enough.” You suspect that Lily might actually have more information on the matter, but you're not going to press for it yet. She only did just recover from heavy damage, and you don't want to drive away your only potential source of good information so far by being pushy.

“I'm going to head back downstairs now and leave you lot alone for now. If you want anything, I'll just be on the couch,” you say, heading back to the door. On your way down the stairs, you receive an incoming call, when you check the caller ID you see it's Katsumi. You can't think of any reason she'd be calling you, and you don't really want to give up your free time today if she wants you to come somewhere. However, you also happen to enjoy the time you spend with her, at least so far.

[] You're up for any plans she has!
[] You've decided to commit today to research.
[] Let her leave a message, you can answer back later.
>> No. 104521
[x] You're up for any plans she has!

A break from work would be nice, and it's Katsumi. We can get back to cyberpet work/research after we get home.
>> No. 104525
[X] Answer the call, and at least hear her out; it might be nice just to talk with her, whether or not she has anything she wants you to do with her. You can make a decision once you know what it is she's calling about.

Nothing wrong with just having a chat. She's a friend, after all. Plus, I'd like to be able to spend some time with Luna~ the faeries, and this nets us a little more information with which to weigh our options.
>> No. 104526
[X] Answer the call, and at least hear her out; it might be nice just to talk with her, whether or not she has anything she wants you to do with her. You can make a decision once you know what it is she's calling about.
>> No. 104532
[x] Answer the call, and at least hear her out; it might be nice just to talk with her, whether or not she has anything she wants you to do with her. You can make a decision once you know what it is she's calling about.
>> No. 104535
[0] Answer the call, and at least hear her out; it might be nice just to talk with her, whether or not she has anything she wants you to do with her. You can make a decision once you know what it is she's calling about.
>> No. 104540
[x] Answer the call, and at least hear her out; it might be nice just to talk with her, whether or not she has anything she wants you to do with her. You can make a decision once you know what it is she's calling about.
>> No. 104551
X] Answer the call, and at least hear her out; it might be nice just to talk with her, whether or not she has anything she wants you to do with her. You can make a decision once you know what it is she's calling about.

I take the write in
>> No. 104845
[x] Answer the call, and at least hear her out; it might be nice just to talk with her, whether or not she has anything she wants you to do with her. You can make a decision once you know what it is she's calling about.

You decide to answer the call, you should at least hear what she has to say for yourself.

“Hey Takkun,” Katsumi starts cheerfully, “you busy?”

“Nose deep in cyberpet programming manuals,” you reply, deciding to explain your situation, “kind of wanted to spend the day getting some work done.”

“Ah, that can wait!” she muses. “There's an arcade having a summer tournament today, and our game has a bracket open to pairs, winning team takes the pot; 10,000 yen and half the entrance fees of all participants.” The sound of it is enticing, cash prize for playing a game. It would be a pretty good way to spend time...

[] “I'll be out as soon as possible! We'll mop them all up!”
[] “Is it starting soon? I could spend a bit of time on my books.”
[] “Not really feeling up to it, sorry. I only dabble with the game.”
>> No. 104850
[x] “Is it starting soon? I could spend a bit of time on my books.”
>> No. 104851
[x] “Is it starting soon? I could spend a bit of time on my books.”
>> No. 104895
[x] “Is it starting soon? I could spend a bit of time on my books if it's not. But count me in; I could use a break"

I think this would work, and this is a nice chance for bonding with Katsumi.
>> No. 104922
[x] “Is it starting soon? I could spend a bit of time on my books.”
>> No. 104944
[0] “Is it starting soon? I could spend a bit of time on my books.”
>> No. 104945
[X] “I'll be out as soon as possible! We'll mop them all up!”

Katsumi alone is enough to make me agree, but the sooner we leave, the more likely we are to get to interact with any other gamer Touhous.
>> No. 104951
[x] “Is it starting soon? I could spend a bit of time on my books.”

“Well, what time does it start at? I'd like to get some time to get some work done,” you say.

“There's about an hour or so until it starts, but it'll take you probably about twenty minutes to get out here unless you take a cab or something,” Katsumi replies. You get a page from your map system indicating a co-ordinate update. When you check, you see a building downtown marked. It's about a half an hour walk away, from the look of it, down the street from the theater you went to with Yuko and her friends. That wouldn't leave you much ti- “Registration ends in forty minutes as well, so you're going to have to show up before that,” Katsumi continues explaining. Well, crap.

“I guess I'll leave now, I can always just read up a bit while I walk,” you say, heading over to the myriad of windows left open and closing them all, taking up one of the floating books afterwards.

“Great! See you soon!” Katsumi chirps before hanging up. You disconnect as well and head back to your room to get your wallet and keys, as well as update the fairies on your plans, only to find that they've apparently flown the coop again. You head back downstairs, to the front door, and after slipping on your shoes you're off, book in hand.

It's not quite as good an experience as being able to sit at home and do some reading, but you do make some progress at least, in the form of making the existing commands respond and react to certain stimuli. You only manage to make the actions of your 'Option' stop and go corresponding to traffic lights, but it's progress none the less. You close up and dismiss the book as you get closer to the arcade, seeing a fairly sizable group of people loitering outside, Katsumi among them in yet another low cut shirt and tight shorts. You walk up to the group, tapping Katsumi on the back while someone else is talking. Her face lights up when she sees you.

“I made it,” you say with a slight grin.

“Alright, come on, let's go register,” she says, taking your hand and leading you away into the building. You're taken to a counter recessed in the wall where posters advertise the event of the day. There's a 500 yen entrance fee and you sign a sheet, from the looks of it, there's already 19 other pairs registered. You register with Katsumi, and then head away from the counter.

“How do you think we'll do?” you ask, wondering how confident Katsumi is about all this. She gives a proud huff.

“If we're playing together, there's no way we can lose!” she declares, drawing a few glares from other registrants in the area. “Besides, I know a few of the people here. We can place third easily against these chumps.” Once again, some customers give Katsumi an unappreciative look, but she seems totally unfazed. You take her word on the matter, you know how good she is, but you don't really have any kind of comparison, not having extensive practice against other players aside from the occasional online game against faceless opponents. Part of the group that was outside wanders back into the building, and Katsumi heads over to them. You're about to follow her when a hand on your shoulder catches your attention. You turn aside to see Hideo, giving you a surprised look.

“Hey man! Surprised to see you here,” he says, giving you a grin. “If I'd have known you were into this kind of thing, I'd have given you a call.”

“I'm the one that's more surprised here,” you say, genuinely surprised at that, “I didn't even know you played fighting games.” Hideo gives a bit of a short laugh, then pulls you aside a bit.

“To tell the truth, a girl I'm looking to get with wanted to come today, I was thinking I could pair with her, but she brought her sister. Still, I'm sticking out for her sake, making a good show, eh?” Hideo says in as hushed a tone as he can manage over the noise. “The lengths a guy will go, huh? Hey, who did you come along with? Not Madoka, is it?” Ah... this is going to be quite a thing to admit to him. You're prepared to introduce Hideo to Katsumi, but it seems that she'd already noticed you and walks up beside you.

“This a friend of yours Takeo?” Katsumi asks, instantly attracting Hideo's attention with her cleavage. He manages to tear his eyes away for a moment to shoot you a disbelieving stare, then pulls you away again.

“Dude, how long have you been keeping this from me?” he asks in a hissing whisper.

“She's just a friend, Hideo, relax,” you say, patting him on the shoulder. He knits his brows.

“You could turn up at one of my get togethers sometime if you can bring along girls like that,” he hisses again, stepping away as Katsumi walks up again.

“Everything okay?” she asks as Hideo slips around you to greet her.

“Hey there! My name's Hideo Suihou! I'm an old friend of Takeo here!” he gushes, obviously trying to present himself well. Katsumi just looks over him with an amused grin then looks to you. You simply shrug.

“Well, he's not lying,” you corroborate his story. Katsumi nods and looks back at Hideo, then to you once again.

“Well whatever,” Katsumi says, placing a hand on your shoulder and pulling you towards her, “c'mon, I want you to meet a few other people I've been talking to, folks that might actually give us a hard time.” With that, she drags you away from Hideo, not even giving him more than a goodbye, no doubt crushing his pride immensely. Well, at least he's still got a shot with whatever girl he followed here. Maybe.

You're taken the the part of the group that Katsumi was talking too and join in the loose circle they've made. You instantly notice two other girls in this group, one about your age with long dark brown hair and a barrette with a decorative frog, and one that looks a bit younger with shorter dark blonde hair standing together across from you and Katsumi. She takes the time to introduce you, and you find out that everyone in this group is either past winners of tournaments from spring, or ones held in other arcades or events, among the few skilled players competing for the first time. You spend a bit of time in the group talking about the game, but fall silent once conversation shifts onto other fighters you're not familiar with. The brown haired girl breaks away and circles around, tapping you on the shoulder, you look back at her.

“I saw you talking to Hideo a little while ago,” she says, catching you by surprise. “I'm going to guess you're Takeo?” Now she's got your full attention, you step away from the group to face her.

“Yeah, that's right. You're a friend of his?” you ask, already starting to have your suspicions. She gives a tired smile and a small nod.

“Kind of, I suppose. He's got a crush on me and won't leave me alone, always calling me up to do things, even followed me here today. He mentioned a friend of his named Takeo a few times, the 'no show',” she says, which makes you smirk a little. “I kind of wondered if I'd get a chance to meet you sometime.”

“Seems that you got your chance,” you joke, and the girl chuckles a bit, holding out a hand.

“Sanae Kotiya,” she introduces herself. You shake her hand, and then she gestures back towards the cluster of players. “The blonde girl is my younger sister, Sawako. I pretty much forced her to come with me,” she admits with a sheepish grin, one that doesn't go unmatched by your own amused smile. “You're here with Katsumi though? Is she your girlfriend or something?” It's interesting how quickly it got hot in here.

“No no, nothing like that,” you respond quickly, “she's a friend, met her because she's a friend of my older sister, and we've spent a bit of time playing each other in this game, I figure that's why she called me out here to play.”

“Oh, sorry for assuming!” Sanae apologizes, turning a bit red herself. “I admit that I know Katsumi a bit from playing around here, so I know how she tends to go through men, so I kind of... uh, so, you're a good match for her?”

“I'd say we're equal in skill,” you reply, Sanae looks a bit starstruck.

“This is going to be exciting! I was afraid that Katsumi would end up with a bad partner and lose, but if you say you're on equal ground...” Sanae pauses, “then I'm really looking forward to playing against you in the finals!”

“You've got your goal set already, huh?” you say, scratching your head. “I suppose we'll make it a good battle, let's just hope we all get that far.”

“I'll be counting on it!” Sanae responds excitedly, “I'm going to get some last minute practice in just to be sure that I'm on the ball.” She heads off afterwards to claim her sister, and the two disappear in the direction of the duel machines. Actually...

[] A bit of pre-game practice seems like a good idea. Work out the rough edges.
[] You suppose a few casual rounds to get warmed up wouldn't hurt.
[] It'd be fine to just wait for the tournament to start. No sense wasting energy.

---

Obvious new introductions are obvious. I chalk it up to the fact that I like the name Sanae and, well, she's an outsider anyway.
>> No. 104953
[] A bit of pre-game practice seems like a good idea. Work out the rough edges.
>> No. 104954
>one about your age with long dark brown hair and a barrette with a decorative frog
>long dark brown hair
We've got it made. This world's Sanae is clearly still being held back by common sense.

[X] It'd be fine to just wait for the tournament to start. No sense wasting energy.
>> No. 104955
[x] A bit of pre-game practice seems like a good idea. Work out the rough edges.

Something tells me that Hideo is the kind of guy Katsumi DOES NOT like. Mainly due to seeing her as more of a piece of meat than a person. (something our lead is doing right, sure he notices her figure in outfits that emphasize it, but he doesn't make that big of a deal out of it)

I wonder if their mother's Kanako.
>> No. 104957
>>104954

>We've got it made. This world's Sanae is clearly still being held back by common sense.

I don't follow?

>>104955

>I wonder if their mother's Kanako.

No points for guessing.
>> No. 104963
[x] A bit of pre-game practice seems like a good idea. Work out the rough edges.
>> No. 104982
[0] A bit of pre-game practice seems like a good idea. Work out the rough edges.

Practice helps.
>> No. 104987
[x] A bit of pre-game practice seems like a good idea. Work out the rough edges.
>> No. 104996
>>104957

I suspect that poster means that Sanae will be an easy foe. But they should know the real challenge would be most likely a certain Moon Princess or a certain cucumber fan.
>> No. 105710
This could use some updates.
>> No. 105801
>>105710

I agree. Busy lately though, uni classes ending in like two weeks for the semester.
>> No. 105868
[x] A bit of pre-game practice seems like a good idea. Work out the rough edges.

You need to get Katsumi. You want to get in a little practice beforehand as well just to be sure you're at your best. You've got a challenge to live up to, and you're going to try your best to reach the finals at least. You catch her attention with a tap on the shoulder and gesture towards the machines.

“Let's get some practice in,” you say, to which she nods.

“Sounds good, we should be on our best game,” she says, taking the lead towards the duel machines. The two of you manage to find an unoccupied cabinet and take a seat at the bench. No coins needed to play, and it's locked in 'tag mode', so the two of you jump in. After selecting characters, you start up a battle against some CPU opponents. They're not much of a threat with the combined efforts of you and Katsumi, the two of you singling out opponents to beat on. With a few rounds under your belt, you start to dabble in mechanics that allow you to chain combos with Katsumi, launching a CPU into an aerial juggle by Katsumi, then thrown back down into an awaiting Super combo.

“I hope the other players are better than the computer,” you joke.

“I wouldn't count on equal matches until the end brackets,” Katsumi replies with a smirk. “I think we can handle it.” You play a few more matches before the call is made for players to gather up for the official start of the tournament. Leaving the cabinet behind, you and Katsumi join up with the crowd as the manager of the arcade lays out rules and explanations. The gathered group looks a bit bigger than 40 people, were there that many late joiners? Once the announcements are done, groups are called up and given their number as identification. Katsumi and yourself are called up for the 20th and then step aside as the rest of the teams go through. Once everyone is assigned, the tournament is begun. With only 10 duel machines set up and arcade staff present to oversee matches and call any rules violations, you and Katsumi have to wait for the first set to complete, a process that doesn't take too long. Seems there's some good players among the first 10 already, because half the matches are over with decisive victories, leaving the other half to be evenly matched, though whether they're at a high level of play or not remains to be seen. The last few matches wind down in the next few minutes, with a few teams squeaking by. With the first set over, the competitors leave their machines and the next set move in which brings you and Katsumi to the first cabinet.

With characters ready and the teams prepared, the second set is officially begun and a series of tunes ring as each of the machines key in their selections and the round start. Your opponents in particular look to be easy prey, with a heavy bruiser and a middle-of-the-road character pair, neither of which are very good matches for your characters. It shows very clearly in the battle itself, which turns out much like one of the fast ones from the first set. In three minutes, you and Katsumi bowl over your opponents with a practically flawless victory. With that done, you wait out the time it takes for the other matches to finish. The set was over fairly quickly compared to the first, seems there's a lot more decisive differences between play level. The second set concludes, and the two of you move away from the machines while the third set moves in, and you head over to a table set up to dispense refreshments. As you take up a cup of soda, Sanae and Hideo approach from a nearby group.

“Hey, you won?” Hideo starts, sounding a bit impressed. “You have a hard time?”

“Not really,” you respond, sipping from your cup. “Katsumi and I totally destroyed the opposition.”

“You blew them away,” Sanae adds, nodding, “I was watching the two of you.”

“That good, huh?” Hideo says thoughtfully, taking a drink from his cup of juice. “I wonder if you can beat me and my partner,” he says casually. You give him a smirk, Sanae gives him a smirk, and he seems suddenly a little uneasy. “Ah, we probably wouldn't stand a chance,” he admits sheepishly.

“So, you think you have a shot at the top spot?” Sanae asks of you.

“Most likely,” you say, chuckling a bit, “I'm a little worried I might face an actual challenge before the top brackets.” Sanae laughs a bit as well, Hideo laughs nervously. In the time that's passed, most of the third set has finished up. Sanae and Hideo head off to their team mate to get ready again, since they'll both be in the next bracket's first set along with you. The third set ends, and the final 'set' starts, with just two teams and a quick battle that ends in four minutes. With the wins on record, the losing teams are separated and the second bracket is set to begin. Rejoining Katsumi, you head to the cabinet designated for you two and sit down.

“Hey, what do you say we switch it up a bit?” Katsumi asks quietly. “We can both play the same character to throw off the opponent a bit, or I could play a grappler while you pressure them with a faster character.” It's a bit odd to consider. While it's the second set and likely quite a few easier opponent teams left, there's no real way of knowing if your opponent team is skilled or not. If you both play the same character, you know Katsumi is better with yours than you are, so that could lend an advantage. Katsumi's aerial fighter is one you're both fairly good at, but that'd leave you with a bit of a weak ground game. The grappler backed idea could also be worth a shot, but risky in that you'd both have to coordinate your attacks to make the most of them, and you can't easily separate your attacks. You are pretty decent with the speedy character that would be needed, but you don't know if you could play it against a good opponent.

[] Play it safe, stick with your normal choices and play to your strengths.
[] Double up on your character.
[] Double up on Katsumi's character.
[] The pressure/grappler combo could be worth a shot for the spectacle of it.
>> No. 105869
[] The pressure/grappler combo could be worth a shot for the spectacle of it.
>> No. 105871
[x] Double up on your character.

Mind games.

But the question is who is Hideo's partner? (Sanae's playing with her sister I believe)
>> No. 105885
[x] The pressure/grappler combo could be worth a shot for the spectacle of it.
>> No. 105887
[X] The pressure/grappler combo could be worth a shot for the spectacle of it.

I think Katsumi would have more fun putting on a show.

... we should get her into a theatre production.
>> No. 106116
[0] The pressure/grappler combo could be worth a shot for the spectacle of it.
>> No. 106690
Sorry for not updating much of anything recently. Getting into the final stretch of classes before final exams. I'll try to finish the half complete update for this tonight at least.
>> No. 106909
[x] The pressure/grappler combo could be worth a shot for the spectacle of it.

“That last idea sounds good, let's try that out,” you say with a nod, moving to select the fastest character available, while Katsumi moves her cursor over the grappler. You're not very familiar with the character you have, unfortunately, the most you can do is string together some fairly standard bread and butter combos. You hope that you're not going up against actual skilled opponents, or else you might be in for a hard time.

As it would turn out, you're only half screwed. The match starts, and you find yourself looking at a team match up between a tag team between a character with the longest range in the game, and the character with the strongest individual attacks. Thankfully, only the long ranged player is good at their character. Even with your mediocre knowledge of the speedster you're playing you manage to keep yourself from being beat around by quickly boxing in the stronger opponent and letting Katsumi's grappler unleash hell. With their meat shield down, the range advantage falls apart as you push your final opponent into the corner and proceed to pulverize them. The second round proceeds much like the first, though not after a considerable show of ability from the opponents, managing to have adapted to your tactics after only one round and avoiding being locked down. In the end, it comes to be a close match, but you still pull off a win. This time around, you and Katsumi are one of the last teams to finish, and so you find quite a few other teams nearby that have been finished have started to watch you game, no doubt trying to take note of your play style. Though it was a risk you could very well have lost with, it might be a boon in the end if the other remaining teams think this is your regular combo. Moving off to the side as the next set of players comes up, you don't have much time before the current set finishes up.

“That was pretty interesting,” Katsumi says, following you away. “I think we should practice that combo more some time, in case we find ourselves in another tag team.”

“I have been meaning to learn how to use that character,” you admit, more thinking out loud than responding directly. The next round of matches will be harder, all the weaker teams would have been eliminated by now. You might not be able to get away with anything outside of your strengths from now on.

“You having a good time?” Katsumi asks next.

“It's interesting, first time playing in a tournament like this,” you say, looking around at the various players gathered. It seems the teams that have lost out have begun to pool towards one side of the arcade. You easily spot Hideo in the crowd, hanging out at the fringes. “Hideo already lost out, it seems,” you say, pointing in his direction. Katsumi follows your finger and develops a grin, then turns her head away with a chuckle.

“That kid is something,” she says, sighing. “I've got to admire his persistence.” You can feel the disbelief on your face. You were under the impression that she care for him at all by him. “Before I called you, he kept making passes at me and attempting to chat me up. I was almost tempted to just give in and actually talk to him,” Katsumi says with a smirk, “shame he's such a shameless skirt chaser. Sanae doesn't seem to approve of him much either.”

“So you do know her?” you ask, as if you needed more validation. Katsumi nods.

“She's a bit of a regular like me,” Katsumi beams. “A few other regulars are here too, all in winning teams, of course. We're going to be going up against people I'm used to fighting, so long as you can keep up with me, we're almost guaranteed a victory.” You smile a bit now as well, Katsumi seems confident in this, and you don't really have reason to doubt her ability to win. With the current set wrapping up, the winning team numbers are recorded and the next round of games begin, already culled down to few enough to decide the whole tier with a single set. Katsumi leads you back to the machines, and you take your seat and get ready.

“Playing it safe this time?” you ask, putting the idea out there.

“I don't know, we could probably get away with one more round of goofing off,” Katsumi muses, idly moving her cursor around the character select board. “What do you think?”

[] Play it safe, take your best characters.
[] Double up your character.
[] Double up Katsumi's character.
[] See if you can pull off another pressure/grapple victory.
>> No. 106916
[] Double up Katsumi's character.

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 106942
[x] Double up your character.

Mind games, Yo.
>> No. 106951
>“That kid is something,” she says, sighing. “I've got to admire his persistence.” You can feel the disbelief on your face. You were under the impression that she care for him at all by him. “Before I called you, he kept making passes at me and attempting to chat me up. I was almost tempted to just give in and actually talk to him,” Katsumi says with a smirk, “shame he's such a shameless skirt chaser. Sanae doesn't seem to approve of him much either.”

That's the problem with trying to hit on nearly every female, your efforts won't be taken seriously unless you're one smooth dude (Hideo isn't)

If not for that Katsumi might have found his persistence charming enough to give him a few minutes of her time.

In contrast Taeko/Kourin/Us hasn't been so frivolous and isn't aiming straight for the bed, thus he's making real progress I'd think.

Though I think doubling up isn't a bad plan either way, though with Katsumi's character, it might be harder for us since we're not as good with her character as she is with ours.
>> No. 106956
[X] Double up your character.
>> No. 106958
[x] Double up your character.
>> No. 106959
>>106951

>Though I think doubling up isn't a bad plan either way, though with Katsumi's character, it might be harder for us since we're not as good with her character as she is with ours.

Reading this is making me kind of annoyed I never took the time to at least make up names for the characters. It would be nice to at least not have to write 'your character' and 'Katsumi's character', but considering they're essentially Kyo Kusanagi and Red Arcueid in my mind, I'm a bit at a loss for how else to name them.
>> No. 106960
[x] Double up your character.
>> No. 106962
[0] Double up your character.
>> No. 106963
[x] Double up your character.

“Let's both go with my guy,” you say, selecting your normal character. Katsumi follows in her selection with a smile and the match gets underway. You're facing off against another well balanced character paired with the same fast character you used last match. In this case, of course, the character is used well, as the two of them easily match your attacks. Katsumi is better with the character than you are thankfully, allowing her to take an easy lead and put heavy pressure back on the opposing team. Where you end up trading blows with the well rounded opponent, Katsumi easily breaks the pressure game of her faster opponent and launches into a combo that leaves a huge dent in her attackers bar. Having been pushed onto the defensive, the opponents are easily controlled and hammered away at until they lose the first round. It would seem that these two rely more on pure offense to win, something to keep in mind for the second round.

As it begins, your theory gains some weight as both opponents rush in to try to apply pressure right from the outset, with the two switching targets. The faster player comes for you, and quickly backs you into a corner where you have trouble escaping, while Katsumi fights off her aggressor. Their plan seems to be working, as well. You're having a hard time escaping the corner under the onslaught of your opponent. You do manage a few counters, but it's quickly looking to be a close battle between the two of you. Katsumi, however, easily crushes her opponent with time and closes in on you. It's not much longer until the other team is beaten down by the combined efforts of Katsumi and yourself, pulling off another win, though one earned more by your partner than you. It serves as a good indication of where your skill truly lies, and you start to feel a slight doubt at your ability to win. You pulled off this round though, and the next tier will be the semi finals. You did fairly well, if this is as far as you can go. Katsumi seems to have something else on her mind though.

“You did well Takeo,” she says as the two of you vacate the machines to stretch while the winning team numbers are taken down and the next tier of the tournament is prepared. Only 4 teams now, definitely no room for weak players.

“I don't know if I can keep up with you to win,” you say, sounding a little worried. Katsumi stills smiles, patting you on the shoulder.

“Hey, even if we don't win, we did pretty well for a tournament newbie,” she consoles you, looking over the growing crowd of lost teams. “There's quite a few people here that are surprised to see someone they've never met doing so well. All the newcomers and occasional players lost out in the early rounds, so seeing a fresh face in the semi-finals is a bit of a shock to them. Without a win, you're still sure to have a bit of a celebrity status with the regulars here.” You look over the crowd now too, and it seems there's a bit of truth to what she's saying. Occasionally you'll see someone look over at you from part of a group, then go back to talking. “Of course, I'm happy that you're here with me as well. I'm having fun, and if you are too, then that's all that really matters.” You look back to Katsumi just in time for her to rub the top of your head.

“It's a bit hectic and nerve wracking, but I'm enjoying myself too,” you say with a grin, one shared with Katsumi. The next round is called and you head to your machine. Sanae and Sawako are already at the machine next to you. They did make it to this far after all, it seems.

“I'm looking forward to our match in the finals!” Sanae exclaims towards both of you.

“I guess we'll find out which one of us is destined to be the queen of the arcade,” Katsumi jests in response, turning back to the screen and to you. “Alright then, how are we going to do this?”

[] Return to your normal characters.
[] Double up your character again.
[] Double up Katsumi's character.
>> No. 106964
[X] Return to your normal characters.
>> No. 106965
[X] Return to your normal characters.
>> No. 106977
[x] Return to your normal characters.
>> No. 106983
[x] Return to your normal characters.

Yeah I say we'd be famous, doing so well and being her handpicked partner.
>> No. 107001
[x] Return to your normal characters.

“Let's go at this with our mains,” you state, selecting your usual character. Katsumi takes hers and the match begins, and you're instantly treated to a soft giggle.

“This match is in the bag,” Katsumi says, looking over the opponent's choices. “I know who these two are, and their characters are at a disadvantage with weak air games,” she gloats as the match starts with Katsumi immediately jumping into battle, literally. You can tell that both the opposing players are making a concentrated effort at taking out Katsumi, leaving themselves far too open to your attacks. They quickly adapt, however, and you find yourself going toe to toe with one of the opponents, while Katsumi repeatedly jumps around, juggling her opponent and making the best of her advantageous match up. Both the opponents are skilled this time, and it shows. You only barely manage to claim a win over your attacker as Katsumi finishes off her own, leading to a victory that once again you just barely earned. As the second round begins, however, things very quickly go south. You're the new focus, the obvious weaker one. Both the opponents attack you, quickly whittling through your health as Katsumi attempts to draw them away and cover your back. She successfully manages to divert one of their attention, but you're already down to the last quarter of your health bar against an opponent with barely a quarter of his own gone.

“I don't know if I can hold out the match, I think I'm going to be KO,” you say quietly. You see Katsumi nod out of the corner of her eye.

“You did well to hold off two at once, but we can still do this. Try to catch him with your Super, and I'll carry him from there, then we'll have an easier time,” she says, and then begins to heavily pressure her opponent with combos, dropping her otherwise aerial game. With the breathing room granted by only having to concentrate on one opponent, you're able to concentrate better, and you do manage to make a comeback against your target, hitting him with one of your longest combos, finishing with a Super and launching him into Katsumi, who follows up with a short air combo and sends him flying back. Despite your comeback, however, you whiff your attempt at a wake-up combo and end up getting punished for your miss. The counter attack combo knocks you out, and with you now out of the picture, Katsumi has to fight two opponents alone. She puts up a spectacular fight, managing to finish off the one that beat you, but ultimately being two weakened by the combined efforts to finish her original target, she's struck out, bringing the match to a tie, and the final round begins.

“They're focusing on taking me out first again,” you say as the two enemies close in on your again. You resort to simple throws to create space, to keep both players from attacking you at once. Katsumi easily jumps in to cover you again while you dedicate yourself to pure offense. Your opponent easily handles your pressure, escaping multiple times and trying to reverse the situation, but you manage to pin him down again. Your defense switches from blocking to simply being unable to hit, fully retreating any time you get interrupted or break away from a counter attack, rushing back in with a fast special. With your gauge built up to max, you allow yourself an opening, and the opponent takes advantage of that to counter. This time though, you're letting it happen. You interrupt his counterattack midcombo and instantly return with your best attacks, once again finishing with your Super, the final blow of which takes him out of the fight and leaves you to engage Katsumi's target. The match ends quickly afterwards, to cheers from a gathered crowd watching the screens. Sanae's match finishes even after yours, and she leans back triumphantly on the bench, looking towards you and Katsumi.

“Did you win?” she asks, to which the both of you nod. Sanae's smile widens. “Looks like we did both make it to the finals then.”

“Looks that way,” Katsumi says, standing from the bench as the winners are announced. The final tier begins almost immediately afterwards, with only time enough to stop and get a drink before the final match up starts between your team and Sanae's.

“The finals, huh,” you say out loud, mostly thinking to yourself.

“This could be a cakewalk,” Katsumi says, taking her seat next to you. “I know Sanae's playstyle as well, she uses the same grappler we used earlier. Her sister though, she seems she can hold her own as well, but I've never seen her.”

“You think she could be good?” you ask, even though the answer should be clear. There's no way they could make it to the finals if one person had to pull the weight of two people.

“She could be a problem. The only reason we can do this well in the first place is because I know how a lot of these people play. Going up against a total stranger in the finals...” Katsumi stops, then smiles. “Well, even if we lose, it's been a great show. We should make this last match something spectacular,” she adds, placing her character cursor over the grappler again. “What do you think?”

[] Sticking to your regular characters is the best bet to victory.
[] Katsumi is better with your character, perhaps you could switch.
[] Winning isn't that important, you want the last match to be a show!
>> No. 107008
[x] Katsumi is better with your character, perhaps you could switch.
>> No. 107009
[x] Katsumi is better with your character, perhaps you could switch.
>> No. 107013
[x] Katsumi is better with your character, perhaps you could switch.
>> No. 107098
[x] Katsumi is better with your character, perhaps you could switch.

“I think we're better off switching roles,” you say, moving to select Katsumi's usual character. She silently agrees with your plan, selecting yours in turn, and the match begins. Almost immediately, you and Katsumi have the same reaction at the sight of Sanae's team; the grappler and an unusual character that is known to be very tricky to use and hard to read.

“So, it seems that Sanae's sister might be something, alright,” Katsumi says as the grappler moves in on her, leaving you to face off against the unpredictable fighter. You're pretty decent with Katsumi's character, but you're not sure if it would be enough right now. For someone to get this far using such a difficult character. You jump in to battle, opening with a standard combo, and quickly eat a counter attack after your attack misses thanks to one of many unusual dodges the opponent has. It doesn't take too long until you're under half your health and have barely scratched your target. You hear a voice from the other side of the machine, and then the opponents switch targets, with the grappler charging into you from behind and unleashing one of her stronger throws, bringing you down to less than a quarter health in a single attack. Thankfully, the grappler has naturally weak combos and attacks outside of throws, so once you escape her range you can easily dish out damage with your aerial attack combos. You make good progress on a comeback, but you are caught by a quick attack from the unpredictable character, having broken away from Katsumi, and get taken down. Alone again, Katsumi is double teamed and defeated, claiming the first round win for Sanae's team, and putting your backs against the wall.

“This could be it,” you say as the second round starts, but Katsumi doesn't seem to have the same concerns as you. She charges straight in on the offensive, catching both characters with a special and opening them up for you to join in. You take advantage of aerial launches to carry on a few combos before the grappler gets off a throw that sends Katsumi across the screen and leaves you between Sanae and her sister. You quickly get yourself cornered as Katsumi rushes back in to save you from the double team, and once again the battle is divided, with the weird fighter chasing off Katsumi and leaving you to focus on the grappler once again. You have the definite advantage against such a short ranged character, but you don't want a repeat of the last match, or else this is all over.

[] Quickly take down the grappler then double team the remaining fighter.
[] Ignore the grappler, focus on Katsumi's target and stay in the air.
[] Rush in to double team the unusual character now, weaken her, then separate.
>> No. 107099
[X] Rush in to double team the unusual character now, weaken her, then separate.

So who are you imagining the weird character as, just out of interest?
>> No. 107100
[X] Quickly take down the grappler then double team the remaining fighter.

Suwako is playing as Suwako? Awesome.

Anyway, Sanae seems too have trouble against us, and Katsumi should prove more capable of handling Suwako than we were. I say we eliminate Sanae now, and keep her from boxing us in later.
>> No. 107101
[X] Quickly take down the grappler then double team the remaining fighter.
>> No. 107103
[x] Quickly take down the grappler then double team the remaining fighter.

Sounds like a good plan.
>> No. 107104
>>107099

I'd say Voldo, but that would leave me at a loss to consider how a 3d realm fighting character works alongside 2d realm fighters. So I'll go with Zappa instead. Sanae is playing Kira Daidohji.
>> No. 107105
[X] Quickly take down the grappler then double team the remaining fighter.

The faster you can take out the opposition, the better. Despite Katsumi's ability with your main, fighting a character that is difficult to read and hit at times proves to be a challenge for both of you, especially since this is both of your first encounter against this character at tournament level play. Neither of you could use him sufficiently in your duels before, so any time he came up it was always a quick loss for the player behind him. Time to make the most of your strengths, at the very least. You lay into the grappler, making the most of your ability to stay in the air and out of her reach, until once again the wild card shifts attention and attacks you. With the new focus of both, you're quickly grounded by the support given to the grappler, who manages a quick throw against you before Katsumi breaks them up again, but by then the changes are made and the grappler moves off to engage Katsumi, leaving you with the nightmare of fighting a character you've never thought of facing and can barely understand.

You put up a decent fight against your unusual opponent, but ultimately get struck out due to being unprepared to deal with the timing and angles of attacks coming from your opponents mysterious moveset. It's not a total loss, however, having managed to whittle down your targets health to a sliver. Katsumi quickly seizes the opportunity to escape the grappler and land the finishing blow for you, bringing the fight to a one on one and much more manageable affair. Without the distraction of a backup, the grappler fares rather poorly against a dedicated effort of keepaway gameplay peppered with potshots and the longest ranged attacks available. The battle comes to an end once again with your team scoring a victory, once more landing in a tie with the final tiebreaker match. You can almost feel the tension as the final match begins and the grappler character moves in quickly, trailing her support.

“Don't let them separate us,” Katsumi says, launching into a combo to push the enemy onto the defensive. “They can win if they single us out. If we stick together, they'll be forced to face us together, and the grappler won't be able to get close enough.” It sounds like a solid plan, but then a chance move from the grappler tosses you across the screen, with the wild card hot on your heels. You make good on getting back to Katsumi, but not without taking a few hits in your escape. Back together, you're less vulnerable and can push the grappler into straight defense. Not too long afterwards, the unpredictable one leaps over you and Katsumi and starts to attack from behind to break your offense and divide your attention again.

[] Turn to engage, protect the rear.
[] Reverse the situation, sandwich the grappler.
[] “Now I am the one that is behind you!”
>> No. 107106
[x] Turn to engage, protect the rear.
>> No. 107109
[x] Turn to engage, protect the rear.
>> No. 107159
And then all the voters died?
>> No. 107161
[x] Turn to engage, protect the rear.
>> No. 107166
>>107159
[x] Turn to engage, protect the rear.
reading this from time to time.
>> No. 107173
[X] Turn to engage, protect the rear.
>> No. 107182
[x] “Now I am the one that is behind you!”

Baiken's guard cancel?
>> No. 107549
[x] Turn to engage, protect the rear.

You shift your focus to protect the back and keep from getting sandwiched, but the new division in attention naturally lessens the forward assault and the grappler once again moves in. While you fight off your opponent, Katsumi is grabbed and thrown across the screen, then once again you're separated and now trapped between two opponents yourself. Your only choice is to take to the air where your character strengths shine. You can keep away from the grappler this way, and you only have to deal with counter attacks from one character. You escape after landing a few desperate attacks, and reunite with Katsumi. By now the match is looking fairly close, everyone is in the last third of their bar after your efforts.

Before you can press the attack, your enemies are on top of you, and you're forced to match blows, or else fall victim to a grab while on the defense. Their plan isn't as effective as they'd like, with only one character able to make a steady contribution to the assault, Katsumi easily breaks the weak pressure with a well timed special, giving you the opening to take the fight to the air. You take the chance to lay into the grappler, dealing some serious damage before her team mate recovers enough to return, driving you back. Now with one opponent a mere hit from defeat, you're sure that you have the chance to win. You make use of your speed to close in on the enemy team and use a generic throw to get the grapplers backup out of the way, a move that ends up with you taking a throw in return that nearly knocks you out, but Katsumi is on top of the opening and delivers the final hit that takes out the grappler. You're in similar shape as well, down to a sliver. The remaining opponent takes the advantage to ignore Katsumi and lays right into you. Your unfamiliarity with the characters moves is your downfall when a low hitting attack you weren't prepared for breaks your guard and the resulting short combo takes you down, leaving it a mostly evenly matched battle between the two remaining players. It quickly becomes a very defensive game, with both sides keeping their distance and only trying to make attacks at the maximum possible range.

“This will decide it,” Katsumi says, looking over at you briefly with a smile. Eyes back on the screen, she rushes forward and launches a normal strike that follows with a low hit. The second shot connects and breaks guard, and Katsumi follows into a combo. She finishes with a launch and prepares to end with a special... and misses the timing. Katsumi gives an audible cry of surprise in the moment after she realized her mistake, just as the opponent recovers in midair and lands, preparing to make a counterattack. Katsumi lets off another special to discourage that, closing the gap with it's range and instantly changing the battle back into offense, pressuring the enemy into the corner. You glance at Katsumi to see her grinning in a way you've never seen before. “I've got it now, I understand one thing about this player,” she says, releasing the controls for a second. Her character falls still for a second, and in that period of time, the enemy makes to exploit the opening. A fast snap of the stick and a button press, and Katsumi uses one of the fastest, but weakest specials available, taking priority over the basic attack used by the enemy and knocking away the last chunk of health. The crowd behind you practically explodes as Katsumi leans back on the bench, dropping her arms to the side and looking at you with a proud expression. “They always try to take an opening,” she says, smiling.

“That was intense!” Sanae says, appearing around the edge of the machine, smiling as well. “Kind of bothered that I lost so easily still, my sister was the one that ended up doing all the hard work,” she says with a slight laugh.

“You sister is something incredible,” Katsumi says, sliding off the bench as the crowd begins to disperse and the manager declares the end of the tournament. “We'll come back once we claim our prize,” she continues, patting you on the shoulder. You get off the bench and follow her as she heads towards the manager, standing at the registration table. He announces you and Katsumi the champions to applause from the gathered players, and quickly snaps a picture of you two, with the reason of creating a sign to display the results. He then hands over an envelope, containing quite a stack of cash, 26,000 yen. The 10,000 yen base prize, along with half the entry fees, amounting to 16000 yen. Not too bad.

“Getting money for playing games,” you say, a little awestruck at the event, having come out as the victor. Sure, you ended up mostly covering Katsumi's back, and she was the one that one the tournament, but you're still impressed with yourself, and considering the amount of people still glancing at you on occasion, you have the suspicion you're not the only one impressed. You start to turn towards Katsumi when you see Sanae and Sawako walking up.

“You!” Katsumi cries, looking at Sanae's sister, who seems a little shy over being addressed. “You've got skill! Why haven't I seen you around the arcade?”

“Well, I own the game at home,” Sawako admits, looking a little embarrassed. “I play it a bit at home, but Sanae really wanted someone to play with, so she made me learn how to play.” Eyes turn to Sanae now, who seems rather proud of herself.

“She's my sparring partner! Despite what she says though, she did spend time practicing on her own,” Sanae says, nudging her sister, who suddenly looks interested in something on the wall, though she's smiling anyway. “I'm all gamed out for the day,” Sanae goes on to idly complain, rubbing one of her shoulders. “Tournaments are kind of stressful.”

“Want to go have some fun elsewhere then?” Katsumi asks, seeming to pose the question to everyone, since her eyes sweep between you and Sawako. “Maybe a celebratory lunch for the champions and runners-up?”

“Eh!?” Sanae cries in surprise at the offer. “Really? Er... you'd be paying, right?” Katsumi bursts into laughter.

“I'll pay for everything, it'll be fine!” she boasts, turning to you. “What do you think? Sound like a plan?

[] “Absolutely! Let's have a time of it!” *
[] “If that's what you want to do, then let's go!” *
[] “I'd hate to ask you to pay for all of it... but sure.” *
[] “I don't know, I kind of want to rest.”
[] “I'll pass, sorry.”

* -[] “...and let's ask Hideo to join us.”

---

Bah, fuck exams.
>> No. 107551
[X] “Absolutely! Let's have a time of it!”
>> No. 107562
[x] “Absolutely! Let's have a time of it!”

Not sure if we should try throwing our buddy a bone, since he really needs to learn that women do not think highly of a guy that tries to hit on anything that moves. (There's a few execeptions, but that requires smoothness and dapperness)
>> No. 107565
[x] “Absolutely! Let's have a time of it!”
>> No. 107578
[x] “If that's what you want to do, then let's go!”
>> No. 107590
>throwing our buddy a bone
Suddenly, Hideo route!
>> No. 107594
>>107590

I did not mean that, but the regard to inviting Hideo along, giving him something close to a shot with Sanae.
>> No. 107595
[x] “Absolutely! Let's have a time of it!”
>> No. 107598
[x] “Absolutely! Let's have a time of it!”

Both Sanae and Katsumi made it pretty clear what they think of Hideo. Bringing him along now would only be a downer.
>> No. 107599
>>107598

That's why I decided against it, but I think we need to tell him if he wants a shot, he should stop trying to hit on any and every female that moves.

And there's a great difference between having female friends and rampant womanizing.
>> No. 107875
[x] “Absolutely! Let's have a time of it!”

Sounds like a good time, you going off to eat with three girls and not having to pay? Sounds like a great time to you.

“Now that's a plan,” you say, getting a nod of approval from Katsumi.

“Then it's settled,” she replies, turning away and making to leave the arcade. Sanae falls into step with you, and Sawako follows in behind as your group leaves. You make it a block away before you suddenly remember that Hideo had come along to the tournament with Sanae and he's been left behind. Bringing it up now seems kind of awkward, but considering what Katsumi and Sanae have had to say about him...

Another block and Katsumi stops at a restaurant, a fairly upscale place at that. You've been here a few times in the past, mostly for big parties though.

“Here we go, this place looks good,” Katsumi says, looking at the doors, then back to everyone else. “How about it?”

“Here?” Sanae asks with a concerned tone. “This place is kind of expensive, isn't it?”

“Not if you order smart,” Katsumi replies quickly. “They do have some very good and filling dishes that aren't too expensive.” Sanae still looks a little bothered by going to such an admittedly expensive place.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Sawako speaks up, sounding more than a little eager to get inside and eat. Without further ado, the lot of you enter, only to quickly stop at a podium inside and wait to be seated. Once you do arrive at your seats in a booth, the menus are delivered and everyone sets to picking their meal. What catches your attention most is the 'International' menu section, which breaks the otherwise naturally Japanese menu up a bit. Mostly pastas, really. You don't imagine that a place like this would serve burgers. You easily settle on a chicken and pasta dish, though it seems you're the only one to have made a decision already. Katsumi seems more interested in a small sheet of paper that lists alcoholic beverages than the menu at hand, and Sawako is browsing a list of nigiri sushi available. Sitting next to you, Sanae is the only other that seems to be concerned with the menu itself. You look around the restaurant a bit to pass time while everyone looks through the menus available. You notice that there's a pair of girls at a table next to yours, they look to be about your age, though they don't look Japanese, both in physical appearance and dress sense. One has dark brown hair cut short and styled, while the other has longer blonde hair tied up in a neat bun. Both seem to be wearing similar outfits, kind of unusual design though. Maybe some kind of designer brand? Nothing you recognize, though you're hardly fashion conscious.

“Hey, Takeo,” Katsumi catches your attention, and you turn back to your table. “You got your order ready?”

“Yeah, do you?” you ask in return, Katsumi gives a slight chuckle.

“I've already known what I was going to order, I don't need to look at the menu,” she says rather proudly. Does she come here that often?

“I think I'm ready too,” Sawako says, having made an apparent checklist of sushi.

“Same,” Sanae says, setting her menu down.

“Now, just need to wait for someone to take our orders,” Katsumi says with a smile, sitting back. It doesn't take too long after for someone to come by, at which point everyone gives their orders. As expected, Sawako's placed an order for a veritable platter of sushi, much to Sanae's annoyance. The waiter leaves with your orders, and your attention drifts back over to the two girls, only now there's a new face. A Japanese woman, who looks to be in her 20's roughly, with a very formal appearance, talking to the two girls. They seem upset over something as the woman walks off, leaving the two of them at their table. The brunette looks up and makes eye contact, which you immediately break, partially out of embarrassment at having been caught in the first place, but also because you don't want to seem like you're watching their drama unfold. Sanae and Katsumi are talking about game strategy when your attention returns to the table, and while you think you should probably be paying attention given your recent performance in the tournament, you're having a bit of difficulty getting back into the mindset. You're burnt out on games for the day, it seems. That and you're finding yourself distracted by the next table over...

[] Well, they are a rather curious sight. You can't help but wonder what's wrong.
[] See if you can have something delivered to their table? Might cheer them up?
[] Their problems are their own. You've got enough girls in front of you to ogle.
[] Try to change the subject of conversation. [Write in]

---

Tomorrow, my winter break will finally begin and I'll be able to write in peace without having to worry about shit fuck around on the internet like a tool and forget to write get real sleep.

How the fuck. I went to post, the update failed, but the thread was bumped? What the shit.
>> No. 107876
Nevermind, it magically doubleposted, so I cleared it up, even though I refreshed the thread twice just to be sure nothing was posted.
>> No. 107877
>>107876

It's got something to do with the board programming or something. It happens sometimes.
>> No. 107878
[x] Try to change the subject of conversation.
-[x] Perhaps causally remark on summer plans
-[x] Remark to Katsumi that one of your friends had a similar idea to hers.
-[x] Then perhaps ask (with a wink to Katsumi) if Sanae or her sister heard about your group in a manner that doesn't reveal your secret identity.
>> No. 107880
>>107878 here

I figure I'd say why I voted this way. As much as I'd talk to the sisters, we are in company right now and that would be rather rude of them. (If we/taeko were alone, it'd be a different story)

as far as conversation choices; both the summer plan and the talk about the group are ice breakers as to learn more about Sanae and her sister.
>> No. 107884
[x] Try to change the subject of conversation.
-[x] Perhaps causally remark on summer plans
-[x] Remark to Katsumi that one of your friends had a similar idea to hers.
-[x] Then perhaps ask (with a wink to Katsumi) if Sanae or her sister heard about your group in a manner that doesn't reveal your secret identity.
>> No. 107886
[x] Well, they are a rather curious sight. You can't help but wonder what's wrong.
>> No. 107963
Sunk to second page already?
>> No. 107965
[X] Their problems are their own. You've got enough girls in front of you to ogle.
>> No. 108018
[x] Try to change the subject of conversation.
-[x] Perhaps causally remark on summer plans
-[x] Remark to Katsumi that one of your friends had a similar idea to hers.
-[x] Then perhaps ask (with a wink to Katsumi) if Sanae or her sister heard about your group in a manner that doesn't reveal your secret identity.
>> No. 108093
[x] Try to change the subject of conversation.
-[x] Perhaps casually remark on summer plans
-[x] Remark to Katsumi that one of your friends had a similar idea to hers.
-[x] Then perhaps ask (with a wink to Katsumi) if Sanae or her sister heard about your group in a manner that doesn't reveal your secret identity.

You turn your attention away from the two girls and back to your own three. You shouldn't be nosing into other people's business. You wait until a lull in the conversation to make a move.

“I wonder what's going to happen this summer,” you state, trying to act casual. “Everyone seems to do something over the summer break.”

“Sawako and I are going to visit some family at the end of the month, then we usually head to an amusement park,” Sanae replies, picking up the hook and running with it.

“My plan to go rent a beach house is still coming up,” Katsumi says, giving you a small nod. “Going to kick back on a beach for a few days and throw bottlecaps at birds.”

“That reminds me,” you start when Katsumi finishes. “A friend of mine had a similar idea about renting a beach house for a group of people.”

“Oh?” Katsumi replies with a grin. “Did he now?”

“She, actually,” you correct her, which causes her grin to widen.

“Oh ho? She?” Katsumi asks. That's right, you never really spoke about your friends much.

“Most of my friends are girls, actually. This one in particular has been my friend... well, nearly my entire life actually. We grew up together,” you explain. Katsumi shows no signs of her smile fading.

“Two friends, male and female, stealing away to a beach house together under the auspices of a group event. In the dark of night, on the beach, the two of them-”

“Hey!” you interject, feeling your face turning red. Sanae as well seems a bit embarrassed at the subject Katsumi is carrying on with. Katsumi just laughs, then sits back.

“I'm just playing. She's a close friend, it probably feels weird to think about her like that,” Katsumi says, hitting the nail on the head. It's true that you've been around Madoka nearly your entire life. You know pretty much everything about her, and while you did have the occasional natural thought about a relationship, it always seemed awkward in your head. Then again, a couple that are also best friends would get along better... “You're thinking about her right now, aren't you?” Katsumi asks, breaking your train of thought. Damn it.

“Ah, hell,” you curse, scratching your head. “You're the one that planted the idea in my head!” Katsumi starts laughing again, and Sanae joins in too.

“She must be a nice girl,” Sanae states when she stops laughing. Now it's your turn to laugh.

“She's a handful of trouble, actually,” you say, “always charging ahead without watching where she's going, getting herself into all kinds of problems,” you pause for a moment as you run through all the things she's done recently. Her snipe hunts, revenge on Rin, and her whole magical girl fixation. “In the end though, it's all harmless fun. It's not that bad, but you definitely need to have a lot of energy to keep up with her at times.”

“She sounds like fun,” Sanae says, smiling.

“Yeah,” you reply, forming an idea. “She's got this current fixation on some group of 'heroes' as she says. Apparently they go around destroying illegals.”

“Oh! I heard of them!” Sanae says, turning to Sawako. “She's the one that found out about them.”

“You think they're the real deal?” Sawako asks towards you. Haha...

“I don't really know what to think,” you say, playing it cool. Katsumi is the only one that seems out of the loop.

“What's this all about?” she asks, looking interested in the topic. Sanae quickly opens up a browser window and loads up the page about your team and passes it over to Katsumi. The second she sees the picture of the group her eyes widen and a huge grin comes to her face. “Ah, ahaha, I see,” she says, trying to hold her laughter, glancing up at you. You manage to refrain from smiling back, limiting it to just a smirk. “Quite an unusual group, busting viruses in costume. Maybe it's a publicity stunt for something?”

“Oh, maybe,” you jump on the bait. “Like some kind of new hero show.”

“You think so?” Sawako says, sounding a little disappointed. “I think it'd be cooler if it wasn't. There's a lot of people talking about them since they appeared.” You didn't think that your group was so popular, but you probably could have assumed as such given the initial reaction to the story. Katsumi, of course, knows the truth immediately, having helped design your avatar in the first place. You can only assume that she likes what you've done and is helping you cover it up to protect your identity. A new conversation crops up between the three girls over your secret identity, and you just sit back and listen to their theories and thoughts. After a few minutes, a voice catches your attention, and you look towards it to see the brunette from the pair of girls standing next to your table, looking a little annoyed.

“Can we join you?” she asks, and you notice she's got a rather defined accent, though her Japanese is fairly good.

“Uh...” you reply in confusion, not really knowing what to say.

“My sister and I would like to sit with you,” she says, explaining herself a little bit, as well as making minor mistakes in pronunciation. Once again though, you don't have an immediate response. Katsumi clues in on the situation by now and looks towards you, then the girl.

“What's this?” Katsumi asks, apparently unaware of the girls request.

“It seems this girl and her sister want to join us,” you explain to Katsumi, who looks a little surprised. “Seems they've been upset over something for a while now.”

“Well, what do you think?” Katsumi asks. Seems like she's leaving the decision on your shoulders, though you're not the one paying, she should be the one making the choice.

[] “Sure, why not?”
[] “I suppose we could. What's the harm?”
[] “I don't know, I don't want to pry into their private troubles.”
[] “You're paying, Katsumi. You make the call.”
>> No. 108094
[] “Sure, why not?”
>> No. 108095
[X] “Sure, why not?”

Hell, we can cover any additional costs ourselves.
>> No. 108096
[x] “Sure, why not?”
-[x] "Though if it's about food, you'd have to ask Katsumi here, since she's the one footing the bill. But otherwise, go right ahead!"

Feel free to improve this.

If the sisters want to hang out with us, who to say we can't this way we can talk with them and not be rude. And Katsumi might like how we're a good big brother figure.
>> No. 108098
[X] “Sure, why not?”
>> No. 108105
[X] “Sure, why not?”
>> No. 108123
[X] “Sure, why not?”

Well, they've got to have a reason of some kind to come to your table like this. You can sate your curiosity while simultaneously indulging them.

“Sure, sure,” you say, looking over the others at the table. They all seem a little confused over the situation now, but are accepting. The girl turns to her table and says something in another language. It's not English either, something you don't understand a word of, before starting to take a seat next to you. Sanae and yourself slide down a bit to let her be seated. Her sister comes to the table after a bit, leaving behind some money on their table, and takes a seat on Katsumi and Sawako's side.

“I am sorry to intrude like this,” the brunette says, sounding a little flustered. Her Japanese is inconsistent as well, while not technically wrong, she's mixing various levels of formality. Definitely not a native speaker.

“Ni hao,” her sister says, but is quickly responded to in their unfamiliar language. You do catch the sound of a word that sounds like 'Japanese'. “Sorry, hello,” the blonde says in Japanese after her sister finishes.

“You'll have to forgive my sister, she is not very good with languages,” the girl next to you says, sighing a little. “I apologize for being so forward as well, it's just been a troubling day.” Silence falls over the table, no one really seems to know what to say. Might as well take the lead, at least to satisfy your curiosity.

“It seems like you were upset over something,” you say, which gets a dry chuckle from the girl, who looks across the table at her sister.

“It's my sister's birthday, and our father is too busy with his work to even stop for an hour to come have lunch with us,” the girl explains, then once again speaks to her sister in their language. “He has been too busy for us since we moved here. It should have been expected it wouldn't change for this, but-” she stops to sigh, shaking her head. “Forget it, we're over that,” she declares, then clears her throat, and half turns in her seat, extending a hand to you. “My name is Renee Écarlate, my sister is Francine.” You take her hand, and find she has a very firm handshake.

“My name is Takeo Kourin,” you introduce yourself.

“Sanae Kotiya,” Sanae follows your lead, and then gestures to her sister. “This is my little sister Sawako.”

“Katsumi Funatabi,” Katsumi finishes. “So, you're here to celebrate your sister's birthday, huh?” Katsumi says, looking between the two girls. “Sounds rough to be stood up by your dad.”

“Let's not talk about that,” Renee says, avoiding the topic. “That business was left behind at our table, we're part of this table now. Let's talk about whatever.” Silence once again. You're lost for topics, you know. Thankfully, the silence is broken quickly.

“You two into video games?” Sawako says, leaning forward. Renee looks across at her sister, who seems a bit lost, she must not understand a whole lot of Japanese or be slow to understand what's being said. You feel a bit sorry for her, trying to get by in a country she doesn't understand.

“We both play a bit, but it's not a big focus. I prefer reading, Francine enjoys sewing and painting,” Renee explains.

“Well, we just came from a tournament at an arcade,” Sanae continues. “Takeo and Katsumi were the winners, we were the second place team.”

“A tournament for a game?” Renee asks, sounding a little surprised at the idea. “I didn't know things like that were held, but it's nice to see friendship between the winners and losers in any case.”

“Katsumi decided to treat us to lunch even though she won,” Sawako speaks up. When Renee looks at her, Katsumi beams proudly.

“It's my way of celebrating,” Katsumi says. Renee starts to reply, but the waiter appears, carrying a tray with three of the orders, but seems a little confused over the two new girls that joined our table. The meals are distributed, and Sawako is informed that hers will be along soon. Now you feel a little bad, having food while the two sisters didn't seem to have anything more than just a salad. Sanae as well looks to be a little worried as well, though Katsumi doesn't seem to share the mood.

“Have you two eaten?” you ask, starting on your own meal.

“Oh please, don't be concerned with us,” Renee says, “we did have some salad and bread, we'll be fine. We just got tired of being alone, so we found some new people to celebrate with.”

“Still,” you say as you swallow. “It's not much of a celebration to just sit there and watch others eat.” Renee seems a bit contemplative, but shakes her head.

“No, it's okay,” she says. A few seconds later, and the waiter returns carrying a large platter with Sawako's order. It's passed down to her and set in front of her. She, like her sister, also seems to be a little bothered by the situation. She looks at Katsumi.

“Switch seats with me,” Sawako says, getting a curious hum from Katsumi, who has a mouth full of breaded chicken. With some shifting and balancing, Sawako scrambles behind Katsumi, and sets her platter down between her and Francine. “Here, share this with me,” she says, looking at Renee, who looks genuinely shocked.

“Oh no, like I said, don't worry-” Renee starts, still defending her position until her sister picks up one of the pieces of sushi and pops it in her mouth. Renee starts to talk in their language, and Francine replies, sounding agitated. Renee caves in afterwards, taking a piece as well. She seems a little more apprehensive about it though. “This is sushi, right?” she asks, looking over at you.

“Yes it is,” you reply.

“Isn't this supposed to be raw?” she asks, still sounding apprehensive. Of course, you get a bit of a chuckle at her expense, to which she looks a little confused.

“Well, the piece you're holding right now is topped with egg. I don't think it would be very appetizing if it was raw,” you say, to which Renee seems a little embarrassed, but quickly pops the piece in her mouth.

“I must seem kind of silly over this,” she says after she swallows, laughing a bit. “I've only been in this country for a month, I'm still not familiar with many things. I've never had sushi before.”

“Well, there's nothing too exotic here,” you say, looking at the platter. Renee helps herself to another couple of pieces, looking over each piece, occasionally touching the topping, but seems to enjoy each piece. Not much is said while everyone eats, and while you, Katsumi and Sanae finish off your meals, the other three are on the final stretches of the platter. Sawako's stopped eating, letting the rest be shared between the sisters, who have been talking in their own language off and on, interspersed with a bit of laughter. It looks like they're enjoying themselves. It comes down to the final few pieces, and Renee lets Francine have them, and everyone sits back content.

“It surprising how filling such little things can be,” Renee says with a sigh.

“Very good,” Francine says, the first thing she's really said since she first sat down.

“Now aren't you happier now that you've eaten?” Katsumi addresses Renee. She smiles slightly and bows her head.

“I was trying not to interfere with your meals,” she says, “I'm surprised how generous you are, sharing your meal with us,” talking to Sawako now.

“It's okay,” Sawako says, smiling guiltily. “I actually ordered more than I knew I could eat, because I wanted to take some home, but I guess I'll just have to make something,” she admits, getting a brief scolding from Sanae for ordering so much. Renee smiles faintly as the waiter returns once again.

“Ah, excuse me,” she stops the man as he collects the plates, “would it be possible to get another platter of that sushi to go?”

“I suppose,” the man answers, collecting the plates. “I can return with it in several minutes, along with the bill.”

“Thank you,” Renee says as the waiter walks off, and she reaches to a bag she had been carrying. “And once again thank you all for treating us even though you didn't have to,” she says, pulling out a small wallet. “I believe offering to let you take the second order of sushi to go would be proper thanks for sharing your first with us,” Renee says, smiling at Sawako, who seems stunned.

“I think you're my new best friend,” Sawako says slowly before breaking into a smile.

“Everyone else, allow me to cover your bill here for being gracious hosts,” she continues, placing her wallet on the table in front of her. Everyone is quiet again, but this time due to universal surprise. Before anyone can say anything though, you spot the woman from before that was speaking to them walking up to your table. She begins speaking to Renee as she approaches, speaking the same language as them, only casting slight glances to the rest of the table. Her presence seems to instantly agitate Renee again, and Francine seems upset as well. Their brief conversation ends and the woman turns her attention to the table.

“I'm sorry if the ladies have given you a hard time,” she says, speaking professionally. “I hope they haven't disturbed you too much, but they've been quite upset with their father today.” Renee starts complaining in another language again.

“We haven't been trouble, right?” Renee asks, looking back at the table. The immediate response is a unanimous vote of no.

“They've been perfectly fine,” Katsumi says.

“Renee is my new best friend!” Sawako exclaims, acting very defensive now. The woman seems a little relieved with the reaction.

“I'm glad to hear it,” the woman says before reverting to the girls native language. Francine speaks against her, and Renee follows up. The woman just silently nods, and says something before leaving again. Both sisters seem to calm down immediately when she leaves.

“What was that all about?” you ask.

“Our father's dog,” Renee says, sounding annoyed all over again. “She was hired as a live in tutor a few months before we moved to help teach us Japanese, but ever since we've arrived she's spent more time running errands for our father. She's something of a housekeeper, I guess, though everything we have is so new that it still smells like the factory.”

“I see,” you say, absorbing the information. “So...?”

“We told her to tell father we're doing fine without him, and that we'll entertain ourselves for the day and be back later,” Renee says. The waiter returns at this point, carrying a large paper bag and the bill. Renee opens her wallet and fumbles with her money a bit, but eventually places down more than enough to cover the bill and what you assume to be a generous tip. “Even though I said that, I don't really know what there is to do around here. We haven't had a lot of chances to get outside on our own.”

[] “I know a few places that can easily pass some time.” [Write in]
[] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”
[] “I don't know a whole lot of places myself, actually.”

---

I wonder about getting no votes, and then bump my thread to get them. Then once I update and get enough votes quickly, I don't update for hours. What the fuck.

Well, at least I updated again anyway. Now that I'm officially free of responsibilities for the break, I'll be able to get a steady pace for updating.
>> No. 108125
[x] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”

4 brains are better than one.
>> No. 108126
[x] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”
>> No. 108127
if we ran into them another day, we could try to show them some places.

Since you can never have too many little sisters.
>> No. 108128
[x] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”
>> No. 108133
[x] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”
>> No. 108137
[x] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”
>> No. 108147
[X] “I know a few places that can easily pass some time.”
-[X] "It may not be the most exciting place you've ever seen, but my sister runs a sort of curiosity shop. You can find all sorts of things there, even some really obscure stuff. I'm sure that if we dig around, we could find something that interests you."

Advertising and socializing, rolled into one.
>> No. 108156
[x] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”
>> No. 109644
Updates?
>> No. 109658
>>109644
Like Norseman and many others, they are not around much anymore.
>> No. 109712
>>109658

I'm around, just depressed, demotivated and disappointed in myself. I'll probably be one of the last people here, should the userbase start piddling away, really.
>> No. 109729
Cheer up, man. Science says if it gets lonely enough, you'll just start hallucinating other people when you start going insane.
>> No. 110049
>>109712
You sound like Teruyo. Don't let life get you down, there is worse my friend.
>> No. 110056
>>110049

I'm more just in a slump and it's annoying me. I'm so behind on updates that it's driving me nuts, but I can't work up the will to write from a combination of embarrassment of letting it go so long and general sluggishness. Not writing begets not writing, which begets annoyance at not writing and then more NOT FUCKING WRITING
>> No. 110078
>>110056
Just write, don't let those things bother you. No one is blaming you for being a lazy faggot, just work up the will to write. If you don't write you will let all the people down who wait for your updates. Isn't that worse?
>> No. 110287
[x] “I'm sure one of us knows some places you could check out on your own.”

You look around the table at the group gathered. Everyone seems to have something to say, so it would be a little silly for you to only speak alone.

“I'm sure we could give you some ideas on what to check out,” you say, opening the table for ideas. Renee looks a little disappointed for some reason.

“There are some nice cafes around here, good prices and good treats. A pair of girls like you would look great in one of the patio seats,” Katsumi suggests. You're surprised she didn't namedrop her part time job while she was at it though.

“There's a waterpark along the local train line that I like to go to,” Sanae pitches in.

“Ah, that was my idea too,” Sawako adds, laughing slightly.

“It might not be much as well, but I help run a... curio shop,” you say, stopping yourself before you said 'junk', and giving them the address. “Maybe not something exciting, but then again, you never know what you might find.”

“Hmm, those ideas sound okay for wasting some time. Perhaps we'll spend some time wandering around a bit more in the area, see if we can't find something on our own as well,” Renee says, sliding to the edge of the booth's bench. Everyone else as well starts to leave the booth, and the group makes their way towards the doors. On the way, Francine and Renee speak in their own language between themselves. You kind of wish you could understand them, it irritates you a little to have to hear them speaking in a language you don't get. The girls exit the store ahead of you, though Renee and her sister stop just outside the doors as everyone else keeps going, apparently oblivious of the situation.

“See you around, maybe,” you say, with a small wave and a nod. Francine says something to Renee, and she nods, then looks back at you.

“Takeo, how would you like a job?” Renee asks, catching you by surprise.

“What? Are you sure I'd be good for it?” you say, a little befuddled.

“It's nothing really difficult, you more than qualify,” she says, “to put it plainly, I want to hire you as a tutor for the summer, to help my sister and myself learn to speak the language better.”

“I'm sure you could afford a better teacher,” you say, laughing slightly to yourself. Katsumi and the others have noticed your absence by now and have stopped, calling back to you.

“I'd prefer to learn from an every day speaker. There are many nuances and subtle differences in natural speaking than classroom education,” Renee says. She does have a point there. Something about the proposition seems like a bad idea, however, but you can't put your finger on what bothers you about it...

[] “Sure, I can do that for you!”
[] “I suppose I can help, though paying me is a bit much.”
[] “Can I think about it for a bit? I don't know if I'd have time.”
[] “Sorry, I still think you'd be better off with a professional.”

---

About time I updated this.
>> No. 110296
>About time I updated this.
Too damn right.

[X] "I suppose I can help, though paying me is a bit much."
- [X] "My schedule is kinda tight this summer, though, so I may have to cancel on some days."

Doing it as a favor instead of for money should leave us free to set a more relaxed schedule, so we can still go to the beach. Hopefully, I'm not forgetting any other commitments we've made; that last line troubles me somewhat.
>> No. 110298
[X] "I suppose I can help, though paying me is a bit much."
- [X] "My schedule is kinda tight this summer, though, so I may have to cancel on some days."
>> No. 110300
>>110296
Your post seems to contradict itself(No offense), since you're basically you're available but only for a few days that will be decided on out of the blue. After all if we agree to do something and cop out on half the days, it kinda defeats the purpose of agreeing in contrast to setting a rock solid schedule that we won't cop out on after checking our plans.
And something tells me that Renee might not be so relaxed in general about scheduling. Not to mention the implication of a college aged student being sighted in close contact with two young girls, even in this setting, that'd have some damning implications.
As far as summer commitments, there the possible beach trips as well as the day to day stuff, such as working on our cyberpet and investigating fairy stuff.
>> No. 110310
>>110300
The 'tight schedule' line is just there to let us skip a few regularly scheduled lessons to go to the beach; I'm not talking about 'copping out on half the days'. When I said that doing it for free lets us set a more relaxed schedule, I mainly meant that we can avoid her saying "I'm paying you; be here seven days a week for five hours a day!" or making other ridiculous demands, which, given who we're talking about, is a very real possibility.
>> No. 110335
Needs at least one more vote.
>> No. 110338
[X] "I suppose I can help, though paying me is a bit much."
>> No. 110339
[X] "I suppose I can help, though paying me is a bit much."
- [X] "My schedule is kinda tight this summer, though, so I may have to cancel on some days."

This had better work out as you said, since if this ruins the beach trip and other summer plans, there'll be hell to pay.
>> No. 110354
[X] "I suppose I can help, though paying me is a bit much."
- [X] "My schedule is kinda tight this summer, though, so I may have to cancel on some days."

“Well, I don't see why I can't do this for you,” you say, scratching your head a bit, “though you don't have to pay me for it, I'd be glad to help you out for free.”

“Oh?” Renee exclaims, seeming genuinely surprised, “why, how generous of you. I didn't think you'd agree otherwise.”

“I am going to say though, my schedule is kind of tight for the next little while, so I might not have a lot of time spare,” you say. Renee shakes her head.

“Oh no, it's alright. I understand I'm asking you to take time out to help us, that's why I offered to pay in fact,” she says with a smile, “of course, since you're fine with helping us for free, I don't have any reason to complain about availability. Any time you can dedicate would be fine,” she says, fishing out a pair of cyberglasses from her bag. They're a fairly standard model, which surprises you. Considering how well off these sisters seem, you kind of expected a higher end model. Then again, Renee spends a bit of time fumbling with the interface, just to bring up her contact information. “Right, is this it?”

“Looks like your contact information,” you say, opening your own address book and initiating the exchange of information on your end. Renee seems embarrassed by this.

“You'd think that I would have a better understanding of these glasses,” Renee mutters, accepting the exchange. Her data appears in your address book.

“Someone in your family big on cyberglasses?” you ask, a little curious. Renee sighs.

“Our father is the president of the leading cyberglasses corporation in France. He's moved us to Japan in order to open a research branch and negotiate contracts,” she says quietly, and you feel your stomach hit the pavement. These girls are corporate princesses! You suddenly feel very self-conscious of your appearance and past mannerisms.

“Oh, uh, I see,” you say, stuttering a bit. Renee frowns a little.

“Please don't be intimidated by such a thing, I'm no more of a person than any of you are,” she says. Still doesn't keep it from being a daunting fact.

“I'm sorry, it's just a bit of a shock,” you say, calming down a bit. “I mean, I had a feeling you were well to do, but I had no idea...” you pause.

“I prefer not to let people know who I am because of that,” Renee says, sighing again, “greed gets the better of them, or they suck up because they don't want to upset me.” Well, you don't really blame these hypothetical people. “You've shown us incredible generosity today, so I felt that I could let you know about us. We had a good time just eating a meal together, who we are doesn't change that, so it shouldn't change anything now, right?”

“It's fine,” you say, taking a step back, “I'll just pretend I didn't hear anything. You're just a couple of girls with a very generous allowance.” Renee smiles now.

“Share my number with the other girls, but keep what you know to yourself. I want to explain myself to them on my own,” Renee says, taking a step away with her sister. “Call when you have some free time, we can arrange a meeting.”

“I'll do that, see you around,” you say, waving them off as they start to walk away. Even though you've played it cool for the most part, you're still shaking inside. You're going to be privately tutoring a pair of rich girls in your spare time. You feel a slight pang of annoyance that you declined being paid now that you know they're wealthy, but you quickly crush the notion. They're still girls, rich or not. Speaking of girls... “Sorry, sorry,” you apologize, catching up to the waiting group that has been standing by while you spoke to the sisters.

“What was that all about?” Sanae asks.

“They wanted to ask me something personally,” you say, trying to cover up the situation.

“I've got to hand it to you, Takeo, you've really got a way with women,” Katsumi says with a grin, “just met them and you've already got a pair of foreign girls asking you things in private?” You respond with a nervous laugh, then open up your address book again.

“Renee said she wanted you all to have her contact information as well,” you say, starting to make connections to exchange the info. Once everyone has the data recorded, the group falls silent.

“So, what now?” Katsumi asks.

“I think I should head home, put this food away. I don't want to walk around all day carrying it,” Sawako says.

“I'm going to be going home as well,” Sanae says in turn, “I had a good time today.”

“So what about you?” Katsumi asks of you.

[] “I think I'll head home too, I have stuff to take care of.”
[] “I still have something I want to do.” [Write In]]
[] “I'm up for anything, really.”
>> No. 110358
[x] “I'm up for anything, really.”

How the fuck did i miss that update today. /th/ sure is not big enough for all those stories. People probably don't bother to scroll down and to go to page 2 to see if something is new. Even i usually scroll down to the middle.
>> No. 110359
[x] “I'm up for anything, really.”

Hey let's see what she wants to do, since today is basically her day. A few more hours with her isn't going to harm anything.

>>110296
You were right, now if you will excuse me, I have some crow to eat with a side of humble pie garnished by my words.
>> No. 110361
[x] “I'm up for anything, really.”
>> No. 110363
[X] “I'm up for anything, really.”
>> No. 111235
I miss this.
>> No. 111251
[X] “I'm up for anything, really.”

“I don't really have anything in mind,” you reply with a shrug, “I'm up for any suggestions.”

“Hmm,” Katsumi groans slightly, scratching her hip, “I was kind of hoping you had something in mind, because I've got nothing either,” she admits with a grin. At least you're both on the same page, even if that page is blank. “We could always go back to your house and kick around for a bit,” Katsumi suggests.

“I suppose,” you reply, “but why my house?” Katsumi takes on an embarrassed look.

“Noriko's working on something, so she kicked me out for the day,” Katsumi says. Sounds about right.

“Well, let's head back then, I have something I want to get back to,” you say, half-turning and preparing to head back home. Katsumi takes her place at your side, and the two of you set off back for your home. The return walk is largely uneventful, filled mostly with recounting the days events, with more focus on the tournament than anything. Despite returning to the subject, upon reaching your street, both you and Katsumi come to the consensus that you are gamed out for the day. You reach your door, surprised to still find it locked. You expected Yumiko to be home by now, maybe she's staying out for another night? You don't really know what she gets up to, she rarely contacts you about her plans unless she needs you to cover for her.

“Yumi's not home?” Katsumi asks as you open the door. You respond with a shake of your head.

“Doesn't seem like it,” you say, stepping inside and kicking off your shoes, with Katsumi following.

“Well, that's fine too,” she says with a smile, “we get some time alone.” You feel a strong thump in your chest as your heart slams into your ribcage at the statement, but shake all thoughts of the implications out of your head. She's just toying with you again, she has to be. She walks past you with a victorious smile and annexes your couch, leaving you a small space at the far end, and turns on the TV. You consider getting back to your work on learning cyberpet programming, though that could always wait until you're alone again.

[] Hit the books.
[] Just chill for now.
[] Find something else to do. [Write In]

---

>>111235

University's got me feeling in a slump almost all the time. If I even manage to complete the semester, I'm probably going to drop out regardless. I've always been a shitty student and a terrible book-learner to begin with, going back to education after not being in a formal classroom for seven years sure hasn't changed anything. Thankfully, I have enough money saved that if I do pull out this semester, I can pay off all debts and break even.
>> No. 111256
>>111251
Well, fuck, man. I hope things improve.
>> No. 111260
[x] Just chill for now.
>> No. 111261
>>111256

Catch is, naturally, that being in school is the only reason I get to continue living at home for, essentially, free. My only other option is getting a job, which has already proven elusive lately. I'd prefer to be making money and have to do repetitive menial labour than try to succeed in an institution that demands skills I've been scientifically proven to not possess while it costs me thousands of dollars.

Anyway, I wonder how many people can even access the site. I can't tell if it's working properly yet or not. Hope it is, I want to get back into pace. Letting my writing slack is partially what leads to long delays like this in the first place.
>> No. 111263
[] Just chill for now.
>> No. 111264
>>111261
Just chill for the moment, the other 3 people will vote as soon as they see some updates.
Or you know, you could always update the other one.
>> No. 111265
[x] Just chill for now.
>> No. 111272
[X] Just chill for now.

>>111261
The site should be working properly for just about everyone now: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/touhou-project.com
>> No. 111278
[x] Just chill for now.
>> No. 111325
[x] Just chill for now.

Any time with Katsumi is nice.
>> No. 111336
[x] Just chill for now.

Might as well just kick back as well, watch some TV. Wouldn't be too bad, after all, you can work on your stuff later. You take a seat at the end of the couch and lean back as Katsumi flips through the channels to find some kind of tokusatsu show. Mio's probably watching this at home, you imagine. A few minutes pass, and Katsumi starts to stretch, then relaxes and starts poking your leg with her toes.

“This is kind of nice,” she says with a smile, looking down at you from the opposite end of the couch, “being able to sit around with a guy and not have to worry about fighting off his attempts to manhandle me.” Naturally, your mind is all over the idea now that it's been implanted. From the grin on her face, it looks like she assumed that would happen, damn it.

“You don't often spend time with guys?” you ask, not really sure what else you could say on the matter.

“Not with good ones, it seems,” she replies, sitting up, “more often than not, the guys I run into get grabby at any opportunity. On occasion, I let them,” she says, her grin turning to a smirk as she leans against the back of the couch.

“Huh, from the way Yumiko's talked about you in the past...” you start, but Katsumi interrupts with a quick snort.

“Yumiko, Noriko, a bunch of others are quick to judge because they don't understand,” Katsumi explains, swinging her legs off the couch and sitting somewhat properly. “Sure, the party girl rumours and things are all true, for the most part. I like to have fun, everyone does.”

“Makes sense,” you say, can't really disagree with the idea. “What about all the... uh... guys?” you continue to ask, a little curious since she seems set to spill some beans. Katsumi's smile widens.

“Oh, are you trying to pry into my sex life, Takeo?” she muses, and you feel yourself turning redder by the second. You start to dismiss the idea, but Katsumi interrupts again. “It's not nearly as crazy as people will think,” she admits, “they see me hanging from the arm of some playboy and assume the worst when we leave together. What they don't see is when I take them to another bar and continue to get them shitfaced drunk until they pass out on themselves, then I head home, alone.”

“Really?” you ask, a little surprised at the revelation. You had assumed, well, the worst, just from stories.

“Flashy guys are just that, flash. They like to look and feel important, and they'll gladly put up money to secure their reputation, so... I let them,” Katsumi says, stopping a second to giggle, “they like to have a woman on their arm, and they like to impress. They think they're hotshots slinging around their money, I just think they're foolish for giving away their money to someone so easily.”

“You use men for money, then,” you say, smirking a bit yourself. Katsumi grins as well.

“Hey, if they want to buy me drinks and tell me I'm beautiful, I'm not going to stop them unless they think they're entitled to my body just because they bought a few drinks. I've never dated, or even slept with, a man I met partying,” Katsumi says. You feel a little embarrassed now, thinking about what you had thought of her before. She was made out to sound like some kind of tramp, and somewhere in the back of your mind, you feel a slight relief in hearing the truth.

“I have to admit, this is a bit embarrassing for me,” you say, diverting your eyes for a bit, “hearing this, I realize I'd been given the wrong ideas by everyone else...”

“I'd thought as much,” Katsumi replys with a chuckle, “that's why I told you this in the first place. We're friends, right? I don't want you to have the wrong idea about me.”

“Then why not explain yourself to Noriko and my sister?” you wonder.

“Ah ha, I was wondering if you'd ask that,” Katsumi says with a wide grin, “I let them stay misinformed, spread these rumours about me to people, guys, they know.”

“Why?” you ask, wondering what she could possibly gain from it all.

“It's a trap, plain and simple,” Katsumi states with a proud smile, “guys hear about me second hand as some kind of easy lay and get the wrong ideas, then when they start trying to make a move on me, they turn into the same kind of flashy guys that I spend so long milking for free drinks and food,” she pauses for a moment, her proud smile turning into a warmer one. “Only the men that treat me with respect and look past the surface image are the ones I let into my life.” It takes a few seconds, but you start to come to a realization about what she said.

“Wait, so, I'm...?” you stammer, a little flustered over your new information. Katsumi just giggles, leans in and ruffles your hair.

“Well, maybe not so much in that way,” she says, “it's nice to just have friends sometimes too, but I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea. You're a nice guy, kind of young though,” she adds with a playful smile, “I couldn't drag you around to bars yet, so I guess we'd just have to settle for hanging out, playing video games and shit like that.”

“I'm still kind of... processing all this,” you reply, still hung up on the idea of a prospective relationship with Katsumi. She simply giggles and slides closer to you, bumping shoulders briefly.

“Hey now, don't let it go to your head. Either of them,” she muses, “don't feel pressured. I'm not actively looking for a relationship, I'm just saying that you're in my circle of trust and that there's potential there for something.” It does little to settle you down mentally, as it were, but you do manage to get a better handle on your imagination and reign it in a little.

[] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”
[] “Sorry, it was just a bit of a shock. I'm okay.”
[] “This was more than I expected... I'm a bit confused.”
[] “This is good to hear. I'm glad we can be closer friends.”

---

Katsumi Route Open

Something about this still feels a bit off. Feels like it's missing something, I don't know. I have a hard time catching my own errors and issues with my writing.

Additionally, also still debating whether or not there will be actual H-scenes. I've considered removing sex as an element entirely, but I've also considered allowing it but simply alluding to it happening then 'fade to black' rather than detail the entire scene.Of course, that doesn't change the fact that I have already planned, in my head, at least one H scene for every girl that can be earned. Kind of feels like a waste if they go unused...
>> No. 111337
[x] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”
>> No. 111344
[x] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”

>>111336
Well, if you already have them planned out, why not.
>> No. 111347
[x] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”

I knew it all along.
>> No. 111354
[X] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”

Considered trying to play it cool with the 'I'm okay' vote for a little bit, but this is fine too.
>> No. 111358
[x] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”

>>111344
Indeed.
>> No. 111377
[x] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”
>> No. 111378
[X] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”
>> No. 111397
>>111336

Do want Katsumi H scene if we earn it. But i hope the choice about being stunned is in a good way.

>Katsumi Route Open

THISISDAYLICIOUS.jpg
>> No. 111400
[x] “It's fine, I'm just... stunned that there's even a possibility.”

“I'll be fine,” you say, punctuated with a small laugh, “I'm just... kind of stunned. I never even considered a potential relationship, I'd assumed I was too young, or... I don't know, you were out of my league,” you admit. Now it's Katsumi's turn to laugh.

“Maybe that was a good thing,” Katsumi jokes, “you're a good guy, Takeo. I can relax and just have fun with you, and that's what counts. I'm comfortable.”

“That's good then,” you say, your attention finally turning back to the TV briefly. When you look back at Katsumi, she's already focused on the TV too, so you return to it. The two of you waste some time watching whatever interesting you can find.

“Oh, it'd slipped my mind,” Katsumi starts suddenly, “have you made up your mind about coming on vacation with me?” That'd kind of slipped your mind too, and given the recent reveal of information...

[] “I've decided to go, it'd be nice to get away for a while.”
[] “I think I'll sit this one out. I don't know who else is going.”
[] “Sorry, I have other plans for then.”

---

Short.

Also, even though this is probably pointless to say, while there is no route lock, it's probably not a good idea to try to chase multiple targets at once. Since pretty much everyone has their eyes set on Katsumi though, this likely shouldn't be a problem anyway.
>> No. 111401
[X] “I've decided to go, it'd be nice to get away for a while.”
>> No. 111402
[x] “I've decided to go, it'd be nice to get away for a while.”
should have just left the voting out
>> No. 111403
File 12653169977.jpg - (90.96KB , 740x610 , She found her voice just for us.jpg ) [iqdb]
111403
>pretty much everyone has their eyes set on Katsumi

...

[X] “Sorry, I have other plans for then.”
>> No. 111405
[X] “I've decided to go, it'd be nice to get away for a while.”

>>111403
One doesn't date their little sister.
>> No. 111407
>>111405

Good thing Luna isn't our little sister, then.
>> No. 111408
[X] “I've decided to go, it'd be nice to get away for a while.”

>pretty much everyone has their eyes set on Katsumi

I know I sure so.
>> No. 111410
>>111402

At the very least, give a semblance of choice.

That and I had a total brainfart and forgot everything I planned to write when I woke up.
>> No. 111413
[X] “I've decided to go, it'd be nice to get away for a while.”

“Yeah, I'm going to go,” you say with a smile, one reciprocated by Katsumi.

“Good to hear,” she says. The two of you return to the TV for a while, until Katsumi starts toying with her glasses' functions. You also notice Sunny coming down stairs, the fairies must have returned. Katsumi notices shortly as well. “Oh? Is this another one of those... was it fairies?” You'd forgotten that not very many people know about them, particularly Katsumi.

“Ah, yeah,” you say, “this one here is Sunny, she like watching TV too,” you explain.

“How many are there, do you think?” Katsumi asks as Sunny walks over to the couch, more curious about Katsumi at the moment than the TV. Katsumi as well is paying more attention to the lone fairy.

“Well, there are four staying here right now, and-”

“Four of them are here?” Katsumi asks, sounding excited. “Hey, let me meet them!”

“Sure!” you reply, turning to Sunny, “can you call the others down?” Sunny nods, and then buzzes her wings. A few seconds later, Luna and Star appear on the stairs, but no sign of Lily.

“You called?” Luna asks as she descends the stairs, you nod to her.

“Yeah, but where's Lily?” you ask.

“She went off on her own,” Luna says with a shrug, “said she'd be back later.”

“You sure she's safe on her own? She did just recover,” you say, but Luna doesn't look too concerned. “Anyway, girls, this is a friend of mine, Katsumi Funatabi.” Katsumi gets up off the couch to greet the girls, and also takes time to closely inspect them.

“This is pretty incredible,” she says, looking over Star, “they look almost real, but they're just virtual objects.”

“I don't know how else to explain them, really,” you say, looking at Luna.

“We are living beings, we just live in cyberspace,” Luna replies. At least that's the truth from their perspective. You still have no leads on any kind of origin on where they come from or why they exist, other than the mythical 'Fairyland'.

“Well, whatever you are, you sure are cute and well made,” Katsumi says, circling Luna. The latter looks a little embarrassed at the remark, looking between you and Katsumi.

“Uh, Takeo...?” Luna asks, sounding a little worried.

“Oh, am I bugging you?” Katsumi asks, recoiling before you respond. She looks back at you too. “Sorry, sorry, it's just, well, this is kind of a big deal. Life in cyberspace? Sentient AI would be big news, though probably not entirely good.”

“I'm hoping I could find some kind of information on how they came to be,” you say, catching Katsumi's attention. “Given what they are though, there's not really a lot of information to be found in the first place, and the place they claim to come from is located somewhere outside of normal cyberspace.” Katsumi gives a thoughtful hum for a few seconds, then shrugs herself.

“I don't know either, I just think it's kind of cool,” she says with a smile, returning to the couch, “you girls want to join us? We're just watching TV.” Sunny naturally bounds forward and moves to take a seat as well, but Star and Luna start returning to the stairs.

“Star and I are kind of tired, so we're just going to go rest,” Luna says as the two leave.

“They sleep, too?” Katsumi asks of you.

“Yeah, apparently,” you say.

“Oh, who was this Lily you asked about?” Katsumi asks as well.

“Another fairy, we found her just the other day. She'd been damaged and partially... well, eaten I suppose, by illegals,” you state. Katsumi's eyes widen.

“Eaten? Like...”

“It was all just graphical glitches and black patches, not like, flesh and bone,” you cut her off, and Katsumi nods her head slightly.

“Still, that's kind of worrisome... I wonder if that Cirno is doing okay,” Katsumi says. That's right, you hadn't seen her for a while. She was the first independent talking one you met, and then Luna came into her own, and now Lily. You wonder what makes them able to talk though, when Star and Sunny can't. You continue to mull over all the questions you have for a few minutes, but your attention is gradually sapped by the television once again.

Eventually, the sun starts to set, and as the credits begin to roll at the end of a movie the lot of you had been watching, Katsumi pushes herself up off the couch and stretches.

“I should probably get going,” she says, looking down at you. “Noriko's probably been done working for a while now.”

“Alright,” you say, standing as well. The two of you head to the door.

“I look forward to this weekend,” Katsumi says as she slips on her shoes with a smile.

“I do too,” you say with a grin, “I'm also interested in meeting the friends you're going with.” Katsumi's smile widens more.

“I'm sure you'll get along well with everyone,” she says as you open the door for her. “Talk to you later,” she says, waving as she walks off. You wave after her, and then close the door. Evening is setting in now. It's been a while since you've eaten as well, so you should probably get onto that. As for what to do for the rest of the night...

[] You've got some time now to get back to your programming.
[] You could always get back into some game for a few hours.
[] Luna might still be awake, perhaps you could question her more.
[] Something else. [Write in]
>> No. 111414
[] You've got some time now to get back to your programming.
>> No. 111415
[x] You've got some time now to get back to your programming.

I say today was a good day in-story.
>> No. 111416
[x] You've got some time now to get back to your programming.
>> No. 111418
[x] Luna might still be awake, perhaps you could question her more.
I am disappointed in you guys
>> No. 111419
[x] You've got some time now to get back to your programming.
>> No. 111421
[X] Luna might still be awake, perhaps you could question her more.
>> No. 111422
[X] Luna might still be awake, perhaps you could question her more.

Never enough Luna.
>> No. 111424
>>111418

What if she's asleep or too tired to talk? Just saying you should have a backup plan.
>> No. 111425
>>111424

... Then vote to talk to Luna, but specify not to wake her if she is sleeping, and put in the programming as the alternative. Duh. Don't just vote to not interact with her at all. That would be dumb.
>> No. 111426
[x] You've got some time now to get back to your programming.
>> No. 111428
>>111425
And risking waking her up isn't dumb? Tomorrow is another day, and it's enough time to ask her questions then.
>> No. 111431
>>111428

... But I just gave you an alternative that could satisfy everyone, and negates the risk of waking Luna if she went to sleep. Why is that not satisfactory?
>> No. 111434
>>111431

Not that it matters, I'm working on the next update already, so consider it called for programming.
>> No. 111437
[x] You've got some time now to get back to your programming.

Well, you do have some free time now to get some work done on your programming. It might not be as beneficial as having had the full day to work on it, but any progress is a good thing. You head over to the kitchen and rummage around for food, calling up your books and references in the meantime. Some cup noodles could do for a quick meal, and you have hot water already on hand thanks to a small heater on the counter always ready. Three minutes later, you're poring over what you've read earlier in the day to reinforce your understanding, then proceeding into uncharted territory. The reading is slow going, as the details are getting slightly more complex, and your post-meal practice runs into a snag when your Option starts to crash. You end up having to spend an hour re-reading the chapter and going over the code you've written already, discovering that you forgot a few things and correcting them, and then close to another hour going over all of what you have so far and making it slightly more efficient with the improving knowledge of what you know now.

Time passes, and progress is slow going still, but the results are much better. You regret, in passing, not bringing this up with Katsumi. She had enough skill at helping model your avatar, even if she didn't know how to help you with cyberpet programming, the least you could do is ask if she'd get a headstart for you on the model. Something to keep in mind for another time, at least, you're busy admiring your success. It's taken you most of the night so far, but you've managed to expand the 'Options' abilities. Aside from improving it's visual recognition and responses, it can access your cyberpouch and 'use' stored objects within in certain situations, though it's still not thoroughly tested, so you can't quite claim it's done yet. You've also expanded it's range of reactions and responses to commands. Content with your work for now, you save your work and close it all down. It's already past midnight by now, Yumiko's not home, so she's definitely spending the night out again. Works for you, anyway. You find Sunny asleep on the couch, so you turn off the TV and head upstairs. Lily's come back at some point, since she's sitting in the corner asleep with Luna and Star leaning against her. A quick change of clothes, glasses on your desk, and you too are ready for bed. Sleep catches up to you quickly.

**

The sun comes before too long, and you find yourself rolling over to check the time. Late morning, it seems. You slide out of bed after a few minutes of considering whether or not to get up, and put your glasses back on. Your room is empty, looks like the fairies already took off again. You also notice an icon that you have a message waiting. From the sounds of movement downstairs, Yumiko's home too. You snap up clothes for the day and head downstairs. Yumiko spots you on your descent and waves. You return the wave, and make your way to the bathroom.

“I picked up a few groceries on the way home today,” she says as you pass through the living room on route to the bathroom. Following the shower routine, you head to the kitchen to stake out the new food, and start to decide what to do with your day.

[] Check the message.
[] Today is a good day for programming.
[] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[] Call on someone. [Optional: Write-in reason]
[] Something else. [Write In]

---

Tomorrow, I'll pick back up on updating Flight and my something in /others/ if anyone even still reads that after so long.

Also, an idea that just won't leave my head and I won't stop smirking over it every time I think of it. Wait and see tomorrow.
>> No. 111439
[x] Check the message.
Checking it wouldn't hurt
[x] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[x] While waiting, resume programming.
-[x] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.

We had a nice day with her, we should try to progress in programming and fairy stuff today unless that message brings something up.
>> No. 111440
[x] Check the message.
[x] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[x] While waiting, resume programming.
-[x] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.
>> No. 111441
[x] Check the message.
[x] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[x] While waiting, resume programming.
-[x] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.
>> No. 111444
[x] Check the message.
[x] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[x] While waiting, resume programming.
-[x] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.
>> No. 111449
>Tomorrow, I'll pick back up on updating Flight
Hooray!
But i can't remember where we left of anyway. Makes me wonder if you, as the Writer, still know how you planned the story.
>> No. 111450
[x] Check the message.
[x] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[x] While waiting, resume programming.
-[x] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.
Forgot vote.
>> No. 111451
>>111449

Strange thing about my memory, I can remember what I intend to write for a long, long time. Once I write it though, it fades from memory very quickly. I actually have to go back and reread parts of my own story to remember what I've already put down and keep from making continuity errors.

This is partly why when I get a build up of ideas I get frustrated, because I will be able to remember each and every one of these things that 'I want to write', so the only way to get them out is to actually write them.
>> No. 111454
>>111449

It's not that hard, and this is from a guy who's prone to forgetting things.
>> No. 111468
>>111451

>Strange thing about my memory, I can remember what I intend to write for a long, long time. Once I write it though, it fades from memory very quickly. I actually have to go back and reread parts of my own story to remember what I've already put down and keep from making continuity errors.

I have a similar problem: I have a lot of text kept on file for later use, but I have to constantly reread what's posted so I don't accidentally self-plagiarize. Of course, when I do go through what's on file, I am distracted by how alien some of the stuff is, wondering what the hell I was thinking or whether it had just been idea lifted from other sources, pasted without haven't being rewritten.
>> No. 111469
For some reason, this story keeps reminding me of this skit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFZTAOb7IE&fmt=18
>> No. 111475
>>111469

What? How?
>> No. 111485
>>111469

Maybe if Lily starts calling the protagonist a 'meatbag'
>> No. 111592
[x] Check the message.
[x] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[x] While waiting, resume programming.
-[x] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.
>> No. 111602
[X] Check the message.
[X] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
[X] While waiting, resume programming.
- [X] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.
>> No. 111639
>>111475

Medium/Forms of Intelligence of a variety that doesn't taste good on the dinner plate.

There's more to it than that, but I've reverted into a lurker mode.
>> No. 111672
[x] Check the message.
*[x] Kick around and see if the fairies come back soon.
*[x] While waiting, resume programming.
*-[x] If Katsumi calls or mails about meeting up again, ask her about it.

You do have a message waiting, so you decide it would probably be best to get that out of the way first. Probably Madoka calling on you to go on another hunt, or maybe Hideo looking for another party. In fact, it turns out to be neither of the suspected culprits, instead it turns out to be from Aya of all people. It's only been a few days, but she's hungry for more news and seems to be convinced that you can help her with that. The fairies have been active as ever, and while you haven't really been following her page lately, you're not sure she's hurting for news. Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to at least get back to her. You're not entirely sure if you want to spill the remaining secret yet, though if she's after news... You find yourself in a rather odd state, emotionally. You're not sure how you should be feeling at the thought you considered starting a ruckus for once with Madoka and the others just to draw out Aya's attention and give her something to report about. Maybe something for a little bit more thought later. As for right now...

[] Write back, why wait? Get it out of the way.
[] Hold off until you have something to say.
[] Put it off for later, you've got thinking to do.

---

The * marked options will be put to use in the next update after the current vote.
>> No. 111673
[x] Put it off for later, you've got thinking to do.
I just hope that the real update follows shortly.
>> No. 111674
[x] Hold off until you have something to say.

We'd have something to say after we check in with the fairies.
>> No. 111679
[X] Hold off until you have something to say.
>> No. 111680
[x] Hold off until you have something to say.
>> No. 111693
[x] Hold off until you have something to say.

… Might as well hold off until you actually have something to report to her. You don't know anything beyond your own speculation and rumours, and nothing really major's happened in the last few days. Except for Lily, actually, but that's just one more fairy, doesn't really make for an exciting news story you'd imagine.

As it were, that at least gives you more of a reason to wait around the house for when they do come back. You have some questions of your own for them, might as well get something out of them you can send to Aya as well. You could even record a video of you interviewing Luna or Lily, send that to Aya instead. Until then, however, you still need to kill time, and before that, you need to kill hunger. Your chosen weapons; toast and an apple.

“I'll be upstairs if you need me,” you say, walking past your sister idling on the couch.

“Yep,” she responds casually, waving you off. You reach your room and pop back into study mode, opening your texts and software again before sitting at your desk. A lot of what you learned last night is still fresh in your mind, it doesn't take much re-reading to get back on track. As you continue on, you progress into the next chapter and find yourself slowing down. You're starting to get into the more advanced parts, towards the end of the book, dealing with animation and assigning them to actions. This part proves to be a tad more difficult mainly because you've been working with a simple floating orb until now, and working on the rest of these details will take time to model, which has already proven to be a bit of a hassle for you. You really start to wish you'd asked Katsumi for help right about now...

You don't get much time to wallow in regret though, as you notice Luna landing at your window soon after. Come to think of it, you've never really seen them come and go, so seeing Luna soar in through the window in a flying belly flop onto your bed was a bit of a surprise. She wasn't expecting to be seeing you, it seems, as she quickly sits up on her knees and tries not to make eye contact.

“Do you always come in like that?” you ask, trying to look more concerned than amused.

“Not usually,” she responds, voice wavering a little, “it's too hard to just fly in because the window is too small for my wings, and just climbing in is kind of hard...”

“I suppose I'm lucky that you don't weight anything,” you joke, and Luna gives you an agitated look before sliding off your bed.

“What are you up here for anyway? I'm used to having this room to myself and the others,” she goes on to say, giving you another annoyed look.

“It is my room, you know,” you reply with a casual gesture to the area, “I don't really have to have a reason to be in here.” Luna seems to mull over some kind of response for a few seconds, then sighs and flops back on your bed.

“I suppose this is kind of a good thing, at least I'll have someone to talk to until everyone comes back,” Luna says. Good thing indeed.

“That works for me, actually,” you say, sliding your chair back some, “I wanted to talk to you.”

“Oh? What about?” Luna asks.

“I have so many questions still about fairies, about you and the others,” you say. Luna sighs again.

“I don't know what I could tell you,” she says, “I mean, how would you explain your existence if I were to ask you what humans were?”

“Humans are the dominant species of Earth, for one,” you retort, “we come from many different lands, speak many languages, we... uh...” you peter out, running out of things to say off the top of your head. Luna smirks a bit at your attempt.

“It's not any easier for me, you know,” she says, crossing her arms over her chest, “we wake up in Fairyland, we are told that we exist in a different world from the humans 'outside', and that they can be dangerous.”

“If we're dangerous, why do you have the ability to install yourself onto computers?” you ask, thinking you see a loophole.

“Why do humans build houses?” Luna replies. “It allows us to live outside of Fairyland, retain a connection to the cyberworld without having to go back home.”

“But, you're taught that humans are dangerous,” you push again.

“And you're taught bears are dangerous. Does that stop loggers?” Luna pushes back.

“You can force yourself onto a system?” you ask, and Luna nods.

“We can,” Luna admits, “I only spammed you with requests at first because I assumed you'd just get annoyed and let me go,” she finishes, smiling slightly. You grin a bit too.

“I'd considered it,” you admit yourself, “now, another question.”

“Okay? Try something easier to answer,” Luna says.

“Where do you all go when you leave the house?” you ask.

“Ah, that is easier!” Luna says happily, “it's pretty simple, we usually go out to play around. Chase each other around, tease humans, play danmaku-”

“Danmaku?” you ask, interrupting.

“You know when those illegals attacked, and we shot them up with all kinds of light?” Luna responds quickly, to which you nod. “That.”

“You shoot that at each other?” you ask, a little astonished.

“It's not much different from... paintball, I guess. Or more accurately I'd suppose it would be like swapping mega-beam shots,” Luna explains.

“Still, megabe can do some damage to the virtual body,” you say, but Luna just shrugs.

“That's why we try not to get hit. The winner is whoever shoots down everyone else,” Luna says casually, “we can't die from it, so it's just fun, and it's helpful to defend against illegals that chase us.”

“I see,” you say, accepting the idea a little more. “Now, is there more?”

“Yeah, sometimes we just lay around in the grass somewhere, or we explore the city and cyberspace. Other times we go back to Fairyland and visit other sisters that don't leave,” Luna continues.

“Sounds pretty... normal,” you say, a little surprised. Granted, their 'danmaku' sounded kind of outrageous, but everything else sounds like fairly normal activities. Well, maybe for younger kids, but Luna looks like she'd be close to your age. Could you even judge how old she is from appearance though? They are completely virtual, after all. Still, that brings another problem to mind. “Another question.”

“Okay,” Luna says, waiting.

“I'm pretty sure I've heard you say something about feeling, like, touch? Can you feel things that happen?” you ask, a little unsure about how to phrase it. Of course, Luna just looks amused by this question, with a hint of questioning your intelligence.

“I can feel things just fine,” she says, patting your bed, “the bed is soft and springy, the carpet is fuzzy,” she says, looking up at you, “I can even feel you, or at least your cyberbody,” she says.

“That's kind of unfair,” you say with a slight grin.

“Oh? What's this? You're admitting you wish you could touch me?” Luna asks, causing a rather annoying heat to come to your face.

“Ah, no, well, it's kind of a nuisance, because I can't feel anything when I touch you, I don't know if I'm hurting you or anything, it's hard to judge how much force I'm using,” you say. Luna slides towards you slightly.

“Give me your hand,” she says, beckoning with hers. You comply, holding your hand out towards her. She places hers under yours. “Okay, now squeeze my hand, I'll tell you when it's too much.” You're a bit hesitant at first. You could probably easily crush her hand, and you want to avoid that. Regardless, you start to close your hand, and after a few seconds Luna stops you. “Okay, okay, that's starting to get a little uncomfortable,” she says, and you open your hand more.

“Alright, sorry,” you say.

“Don't be too afraid about hurting me, pain is temporary in the first place, and you can't seriously break a cyberbody,” Luna says with a smile, “in fact, you'd just phase through me if you pass the physical threshold I can withstand, watch, hit my hand as hard as you can.” She holds her hand up again, and you raise yours, hesitating for a bit before swinging down. Naturally, you hit nothing, and manage to punch yourself in the knee, which causes you to jump slightly, cursing to yourself while Luna laughs.

“No pain?” you ask, and Luna just shakes her head, bringing down her hand. It's flickering as you'd expect for damage. You take her hand again as it restores to normal, watching the process at close range.

“Pretty convenient,” Luna says. You look back at her hand, then move yours slightly. You noticed it a bit before, and again now. Your hand feels kind of tingly where hers is touching.

“My hand feels kind of tingly,” you speak your mind, looking up at Luna, then back to your hands, “like I can feel where you're touching.”

“Hmm? Maybe it's like... because you expect to feel something, your mind is making you think you do,” Luna says, sounding a little unsure. It's a shaky explanation, but you can't really dismiss it. As you mull it over, a voice from the window catches your attention.

“Am I interrupting something nice?” Lily asks, hovering at the window with her elbows resting on the sill. Luna jumps back and quickly snaps back her hand.

“N-no, nothing!” Luna goes on the defensive.

“You sure? You were holding hands and looking at each other pretty longingly there for a bit,” Lily muses, causing Luna to fume even more. “Some kind of forbidden love between the beings of two different worlds?”

“It's not like that!” Luna complains louder, bouncing off the bed and turning to face Lily, “he was just curious about fairies, so I was trying to help him understand.”

“Looks like you wanted him to understand your body most of all,” she continues mocking Luna, who shrieks in frustration while Lily laughs from the window. A blast of light flies out the window next, but Lily's already vanished, floating back through the window quickly afterwards.

“Stop teasing me like that!” Luna fumes, hitting Lily on the shoulder as she lands on the bed next before standing.

“Don't make it so easy!” Lily retorts, catching Luna's arms. With the two of them here, you could likely get different opinions on different questions you might have, but Luna's been really riled up, she might not feel like answering any more questions, and you don't know if you really could learn anything more from Lily than Luna with the same questions.

[] Ask more questions. [Write In]
[] That's enough for now.
-[] [Write In plans for day]

---

>>111673

Hope this was soon enough for you.
>> No. 111696
[x] Ask more questions.
-[x] Why is it that she, Lily and Cirno can speak but Star and Sunny cannot?
-[x] Is there anyway for the sound recording properties inside her to be copied and transferred over to the Sunny and Star to begin the process of giving them voices of their own?
-[x] Does their "Big Sister" have a name at all?

Here's something to start out with. Add more if anyone of you come up with more.
>> No. 111712
[x] Ask more questions.
-[x] Why is it that she, Lily and Cirno can speak but Star and Sunny cannot?
-[x] Is there anyway for the sound recording properties inside her to be copied and transferred over to the Sunny and Star to begin the process of giving them voices of their own?
-[x] Does their "Big Sister" have a name at all?

We'll get a chance to replan things if things don't work out.
>> No. 111713
[x] Ask more questions.
-[x] Why is it that she, Lily and Cirno can speak but Star and Sunny cannot?
-[x] Is there anyway for the sound recording properties inside her to be copied and transferred over to the Sunny and Star to begin the process of giving them voices of their own?
-[x] Does their "Big Sister" have a name at all?
>> No. 111717
[x] Ask more questions.
-[x] Why is it that she, Lily and Cirno can speak but Star and Sunny cannot?
-[x] Is there anyway for the sound recording properties inside her to be copied and transferred over to the Sunny and Star to begin the process of giving them voices of their own?
-[x] Does their "Big Sister" have a name at all?
>Hope this was soon enough for you.
Perfect!
>> No. 112333
[x] Ask more questions.
-[x] Why is it that she, Lily and Cirno can speak but Star and Sunny cannot?
-[x] Is there anyway for the sound recording properties inside her to be copied and transferred over to the Sunny and Star to begin the process of giving them voices of their own?
-[x] Does their "Big Sister" have a name at all?

Luna struggles against Lily for a short while before ultimately giving up, the latter releasing the formers arms when she settles down.

“I do have a few more questions I'd like to ask,” you say, directed to the two girls. Luna still seems upset, but she doesn't decline to continue, and Lily seems interested.

“What kind of questions?” Lily asks.

“He wanted to know more about fairies,” Luna answers, “that's what we were doing when you interrupted.”

“That reminds me,” you start, looking between Luna and Lily, “you two can talk, and Cirno can too. Why can't Sunny and Star?” Luna seems a bit confused by the question, and Lily... doesn't seem like she's paying attention already, staring off into space. “Lily? Did you hear my question?”

“Oh?” she replies, looking at you. “I didn't realize you wanted my opinion too. What was the question?” You repeat it to her, and then she just folds her arms over her stomach.

“I'm not really sure, myself,” Luna says afterwards, “all fairies are different. Some wake up able to talk, others don't. Lily and Cirno could already speak when I was woken up by Big Sister. Almost everyone learns to speak eventually.”

“I was able to speak from the moment I woke up!” Lily boasts with a smile. 'Almost everyone'?

“What did you mean by 'almost everyone'? There are some fairies that never become able to speak?” you ask.

“Most fairies that can speak often leave Fairyland and go outside, most that can't never leave. We can all communicate with each other fine. I suppose the ones that learn to talk with people do so out of necessity?” Luna replies. Lily hasn't made an attempt to answer either, and something about her expression intrigues you, it's difficult to read, but she looks very deep in thought over something.

“Lily?” you call to her. She snaps out of her focus and fixes her eyes on you.

“Oh? Ah, sorry,” she apologizes, “I was just thinking of something.”

“Do you have your own explanation?” you ask. Lily just shakes her head.

“No, sorry,” she says. Well then, continuing.

“Luna, do you think there's any way you could copy your sound programs to Star and Sunny, give them a chance to at least try to speak for themselves?” you ask.

“Not possible, sorry,” Luna replies instantly with a small frown. “I've only been around for close to a year, it took me several months of practice to even get to the point I was. Those two would have to start over from scratch.”

“I see,” you reply, sagging a bit. It was worth a shot at least, you suppose. There was something else she'd said though, about Lily and Cirno already being able to speak. “You mentioned Lily and Cirno speaking when you woke up, they came before you?”

“I came first,” Lily jumps in before Luna answers, “I'm close to four years old now, Cirno's just over two.”

“Yeah,” Luna adds onto Lily's explanation, “they're my elder sisters. Star and Sunny are younger then me as well, at just several months, there's just a few days between them.” You're surprised that Lily's been around for four years, you'd have imagined that in that much time there'd have been more coverage or proof of their existence, though you do suppose the fact they live outside of normal cyberspace would contribute to their elusiveness. That reminds you now...

“About this Big Sister of yours,” you begin, “does she have a proper name?”

“I think so,” Luna starts, “she was the first fairy though, so I suppose she just named herself. I can't remember what it was though, I only heard it once in passing.”

“Big Sister is pretty much the name she goes by,” Lily continues, “though she also goes by Great Fairy.”

Daiyousei?” you repeat, to which Lily nods.

“That's not the name I heard though...” Luna says thoughtfully, looking like she's thinking hard. Lily seems concerned over something.

“Well, she goes by a few names,” Lily states, “many fairies have their own names for her.”

“Agh! I can't remember what it was,” Luna complains, her wings fluttering slightly.

“It's okay, you don't need to strain yourself,” you say, which seems to be all Luna needed to hear, as she quickly relaxes afterwards.

“Alright then, anything else?” Luna asks.

[] Ask more questions. [Write In]
[] That's enough for now.
-[] [Write In plans for day]

---

herp derp copypastan vote choices
>> No. 112353
[x] That's enough for now.
-[x] Message Katsumi and see about her possibly designing the model for your cyber pet if she's got the time. Or at least giving some advice Send her the design if she agrees.
-[x] Message Maggie and see if she has any free time. You wanted introduce her to Ai and Saki.
-[x] Message Yuko and ask if she can get Ai and Saki together at her house.

Katsumi might be busy with other things, so I'd ask not but really impose.
>> No. 112358
[x] That's enough for now.
-[x] Message Katsumi and see about her possibly designing the model for your cyber pet if she's got the time. Or at least giving some advice. Send her the design if she agrees.
-[x] Message Maggie and see if she has any free time. You wanted introduce her to Ai and Saki.
-[x] Message Yuko and ask if she can get Ai and Saki together at her house.
>> No. 112386
[x] That's enough for now.
-[x] Message Katsumi and see about her possibly designing the model for your cyber pet if she's got the time. Or at least giving some advice. Send her the design if she agrees.
-[x] Message Maggie and see if she has any free time. You wanted introduce her to Ai and Saki.
-[x] Message Yuko and ask if she can get Ai and Saki together at her house.
>> No. 112427
[x] That's enough for now.
-[x] Message Katsumi and see about her possibly designing the model for your cyber pet if she's got the time. Or at least giving some advice. Send her the design if she agrees.
-[x] Message Maggie and see if she has any free time. You wanted introduce her to Ai and Saki.
-[x] Message Yuko and ask if she can get Ai and Saki together at her house.
>> No. 113274
Updates?
>> No. 113453
[x] That's enough for now.
-[x] Message Katsumi and see about her possibly designing the model for your cyber pet if she's got the time. Or at least giving some advice. Send her the design if she agrees.
-[x] Message Maggie and see if she has any free time. You wanted introduce her to Ai and Saki.
-[x] Message Yuko and ask if she can get Ai and Saki together at her house.

You've got enough information out of them for now, you think. Still not enough to get any kind of solid lead, but you did get some interesting information at least.

“No, that's all for now, thanks,” you say, standing from your seat. Luna nods as you do, and leans back, turning her head to Lily. You leave the two fairies behind as they start chatting to each other and head back downstairs. You've got a few things on your mind you wanted to get done. First and foremost, you want to solicit Katsumi's help in modeling the body for your cyberpet, and you also want to see about introducing Maggie to Ai and Saki. You take position in a chair and open up your console, starting your message to Katsumi. A brief explanation, a picture, and it's sent, and you get onto your second one. A message to Yuko, asking if she can get the two others together, as you have a friend you want to introduce to them. It takes you a little longer to write the second one, due to taking your time to find a way to word it so it doesn't come across as awkward as it might seem, coming out of the blue like it is. With both messages sent, you prepare one last one for Maggie, to ask her if she's free, and to indicate your plans on having her meet two graphic artists you know.

Afterwards comes the wait. You don't expect to have to wait more than half an hour for replies, but that still leaves you with nothing to do for now.

[] Just kick back and wait.
[] See if you can't refine your code a little further.
[] Get ready to head out, you want to go somewhere. [Write In]

---

Every time I try to write, I get a few sentences in and then lose motivation. Today's the first day I could write more than three lines, so I'm going to just blast through all my due updates and hope that makes me feel better.
>> No. 113462
[x] Just kick back and wait.
>> No. 113467
[] See if you can't refine your code a little further.
>> No. 113478
[x] See if you can't refine your code a little further.

Might as well make the wait productive.
>> No. 113548
[X] See if you can't refine your code a little further.
>> No. 114072
[x] See if you can't refine your code a little further.

You decide to get some work on on your code, at least trying to see if there's anything that can be refined. You kick back and open up everything you need, then start searching your code so far. You go over it bit by bit, checking back to the reference texts every once in a while. You don't really find too much wrong with it, a few redundant lines at places more or less. Once you've reached the end of your code, you check your messages only to find that you've only gotten one reply so far, from Katsumi. She's agreed to lend a hand, but she's got work for now. You type out a quick reply thanking her for the help, and get back to your code to wait.

You end up expanding the capabilities of your drone a little more instead, adding onto and testing various triggers and commands to make sure you didn't break anything. Overall you spent an hour, having forgotten about the messages you were waiting for. You find that you've gotten both responses back, and check into them first, starting with Maggie's. She's up to the offer, though Yuko's response throws a bit of a wrench into things. It seems she's in the next town with Saki, visiting some other friends, and won't be home until late. You reply to Yuko, telling her that's fine, and asking if there was a possibility that you could get everyone together at a later date. You get back to Maggie as well, telling her about the situation, and apologizing for asking towards something and then having to put it off. At the very least though, you have it on the horizon. That ended up killing your plans for now though, short of spending the rest of the day working on your pet, though there's only so much more you can get done without a model of some sort to work with.

Looks like you'll have to find some way to kill time for today.

[] Message _________, see if they'd be up to doing something. [Write in]
[] Take a walk. [Optional: Destination]
[] Get your game on.
[] Television is fine too.
>> No. 114074
[x] Get your game on.

We never know when the ever so lovely slacker will require our help again. That and playing some Wild Arms 2 would be a nice refresher for things.

I think if there's nothing tomorrow, going along with an adventure with Maddy and the others wouldn't be a bad idea.
>> No. 114075
[x] Take a walk. [Authors Choice]
Surprise me because i have faith in you.
>> No. 114077
[x] Get your game on.
>> No. 114079
[x] Get your game on.
>> No. 114257
[x] Get your game on.
>> No. 114259
[X] Get your game on.
>> No. 114470
Updates?
>> No. 114837
[x] Get your game on.
Lets do this!
>> No. 114872
I'm slowly getting myself into updating all my stories in one day. I'll be updating this tomorrow, and trying to make a habit out of it.
>> No. 114874
>>114872
Get your priorities checked. /sdm/ should be on place 1.
>> No. 114897
>>114874
More like this on place one, and the /sdm/ one on place two, and have his /others/ story on place 3.
>> No. 114898
>>114897

>Flight of the Lost Soul not listed
>> No. 114901
>>114898
That would be place 4.
>> No. 114939
>>114901
>Flight of the Lost Soul
>Place four

Best be trollin'.
>> No. 115193
Updates?
>> No. 115798
[x] Get your game on.

You just feel like kicking back and indulging yourself in some gaming. You've been busying yourself with coding lately, not to mention the various other things, you haven't really taken a chance to just relax and slay some monsters. Yumiko packed away the console some time ago, but you drag it all back out and set it right back up. Not much later, you're back to wandering throughout the land as a hero.

You spend a few hours playing as Yumiko comes and goes about whatever business she has for the day. You take a break to make yourself a small dinner when you get a call. Checking the ID you see that it's Katsumi, could she already have made progress on the model? You take it.

“Hello?” you answer, even though you know who it is.

“Hey Takeo, I'm glad I got a hold of you quickly,” she says, sounding a little... odd. You can't put your finger on it, but she sounds upset. “I've got something I want you to see.”

“Oh? Is it about the model?” you ask, hoping for the best.

“Unfortunately, no. I haven't had time to work on it, I've been at work all day,” she says, “my first job, that is,” she adds after a slight pause. “Since I was here, I decided to look into something and... I don't think I like what I found.”

“What? Something wrong?” you ask, starting to get worried yourself now too. Katsumi's first job, that's a funeral home isn't it? Katsumi doesn't answer, but you do get a connection confirmation from her to send a picture. You accept the connection, and she transfers the file to you. It opens automatically when it finishes, a picture of a girl, looks around your age. You're particularly uneasy at the fact that you feel that she looks familiar. “What is this?” you ask.

“I was wondering why I remembered her face,” Katsumi says, “I was hoping I was wrong, but since I had access to the client records while I was here, I decided to look, and... I found this.”

“Clients? You mean-” you start to ask, even more uneasy.

“She's one of our past services, a teen girl, Yukiko Hayama,” Katsumi says, “it was about two years ago.”

“I don't get why you're telling me this though,” you say, looking back at the picture. The sense of dread that you feel at feeling familiarity in the face is still present, but you can't pin it down. You receive another connection request, another picture. You accept it, and just like the first, it opens automatically when it finishes. It's a recolour of the first picture, a change of hair colour. Your heart sinks, you realize now why you recognized the girl...

It's Cirno.

“Cirno, that fairy,” Katsumi says solemnly, “we buried a girl with her face.”

EPISODE 4 END

---

Sorry for the long wait. I've decided to cut this thread a bit short, since we're close to autosage anyway and I want to get on to a new thread. I've had this point in mind for a long while, though I didn't originally intend for it to come along so early. Of course, write in modifications being what they are, actually propelled things along to getting this to happen at this time.

Of course, this is all part of plot points yet to come, right now though there's another issue on hand: A brief timeskip of a few days to the vacation with Katsumi and her friends, or keep going on day by day? There's no real pro or con to either choice, just a difference of whether you get vacation funtime in the next thread or more of the same antics with the usual suspects.

Consider this a vote, I suppose.

[] To the beach!
[] Stay here for now.
>> No. 115800
[x] Stay here for now.

While I'm dying for Katsumi swimsuit scenes, I woudln't mind giving the others some time, perhaps one more adventure.
>> No. 115802
[x] Stay here for now.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That's a twist.
>> No. 115805
[X] Stay here for now.

Hey, if our write-ins sped up the plot a bit, there's no way of knowing what other unexpected things we can accomplish.
>> No. 115806
Woah.

[X] Stay here for now.
>> No. 116881
Updates?
>> No. 116883
>>116881
Mode is busy writing stories about big breasted fairies.