[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125719045186.jpg - (317.79KB , 480x640 , 31c6cb96e422789fbc36ff764e8e17b2.jpg ) [iqdb]
102014 No. 102014
[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
-- [x] Invite Yuuka to come along, since I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing her little flower bloom.
-- [x] Pick up Marisa on the way, she's nearby anyway, afterall

First order of business was to get Ran's order done, after all you couldn't very well neglect it and it was best to get obligations out of the way first. Seeing about getting a Halloween costume, investigating the mysterious turtle, or anything else would just have to wait for a little while. Cleaning off your hands you head into your workshop to occupy yourself with work for the foreseeable future, of course you had no intention of spending all day working, but you would like to see if you could get this relatively easy job out of the way with here and now.

~

As you had predicted, Ran's request was pretty easy and it only took you until a bit before noon to finish wrapping everything up. Your hands were pretty sore from all the work, but at least you had one of your requests out of the way. Too bad you didn't expect the rest to be nearly as easy... pushing the thought aside, you go about making some tea in preperation of Yuuka's arrival. When you were almost done with your work, you had taken it upon yourself to see about asking her for a favor - escort into the forest of magic to visit Alice.

You had heard many a bad thing about the forest, and you didn't wish to end up hopelessly lost when you only wanted to visit Alice to request a costume for Halloween. Would be quite the disaster to end up plant food, or something...

"I see the plants are thriving quite beautifully, little flower." comments the youkai, walking in through the front door.

You offer her a smile, and extend a cup of tea in her direction, "You did most of the work I'm sure, I only had to make sure to water them."

"It takes a loving and nuturing person to care for plants, they respond to so much more then just water and sunlight... of course, the plants in the forest of magic, they only require flesh to be happy." said Yuuka, her tone implying a jest, "A wise choice to ask for escort through it, little flower. I knew you were smart, I understand you wish to ask the puppeteer for a favor for this... Halloween?"

"You've never heard of Halloween Yuuka?" you ask, picking up on the curious tone of voice.

"As you may imagine, I am not often invited to very many things. Especially not parties, and plants don't celebrate holidays... why don't you tell me about it as we walk, Reina? It would make the trip a bit more lively, and eductational."

You nod your head in response, locking up your house as you leave with Yuuka to start on the trip to the forest, "Well I'm not sure on the real history of the holiday, but from where I'm from it's a favorite holiday of children. You see on Halloween children dress up in costumes and go around to houses 'trick or treating', they usually get candy. It's basically a big event of giving out free candy, I suppose."

"But then why would you be celebrating it, little flower? You are no child."

"Well, normally I wouldn't, maybe just get a costume to hand out candy in but... well, I've never been invited to anything before! I've heard adults use Halloween as an excuse to dress up in costume as they host parties, so I expect it'll be very fun. Why don't you come along Yuuka? I'm sure Remilia wouldn't mind."

The youkai chuckles in amusement, "I'm sure she would mind greatly. However little flower, I shall consider it. Perhaps showing up uninvited and unannounced could prove interesting... I guess I could also learn a little more about this 'Halloween', if I see it first hand as well."

"Ah, if it's not too much trouble and if you know the way, could we stop by Marisa's before Alice's? I know they're in the same general location, and maybe Marisa could help me think of a good costume..."

"Of course little flower. Do you have some costume in mind already? Or do you wish the little thief's assistance in helping you brainstorm one?"

"W-well, I guess I need the help... I'm not a terribly creative person sometimes, and they always say 'two heads are better then one'. I'm sure amongst us all, we'll think up something!"

During the rest of the trip, you chat with Yuuka about what little things you knew of Halloween - so mostly various types of candies and sweets, plus the occasional 'horror' story of finding the house that belonged to a dentist, and getting apples or something else instead of delicious candy. It doesn't take long for Yuuka to guide you to the familiar clearing of Marisa's home, and a quick check of the smoke rising out of the chimney confirms the witch was home. Or that she left a fire going way too much.

Knocking on the door, and waiting a little while yields the witch greeting you at the door. From her expression, she seems surprised to see you - or perhaps she was surprised to see Yuuka?

"Didn't expect to see you Reina! Thought you would've jumped on a chance to go see Reimu in action, but instead I find ya in the forest, and at my house! What brings ya all the way out 'ere?"

"Sorry for the surprise visit, but I thought I'd see if you wanted to come with me to Alice's? I got invited to a Halloween party at Remilia's, and I kind of need a costume for it, so..."

The witch raises an eyebrow in surprise, "Invited to Remilia's, huh? That's somethin'! She never invites me for anythin', so I always hafta make sure to show up anyway until she remembers to send me my invitation! But at least now ya have another reason to get that costume! With Alice makin' it, it'll be the best thing you've ever! Well, so long as you give her the general idea anyway, I mean leave it all up to her and you might end up some kinda rainbow, or somethin'..."

"Please Marisa, I can design a lot more then just what I wear, how many times must I tell you this?" replies a voice in annoyance from within.

Alice was already here? You couldn't help but wonder what Alice was doing at Marisa's around now, were they working on some magical experiment together or something?

"It's just a joke Alice, come oooon!" whines Marisa in response, sighing as she shakes her head, "Well, the cat is outta the bag as they say. You don't even have to go to Alice's, she's right here! Come in, come in!"

The witch gestures you and Yuuka in, before closing the door. You spot Alice lounging on a couch in an oddly out of place clean area of Marisa's house. Some quick looking around revealed that at least a small portion of the home had been rearranged and organized, was Alice here just to try to clean up the chaotic mess of the witch's 'collections'?

"Surprised to see me here Reina?" asks the puppeteer, offering you and Yuuka a cup of tea.

"Maybe just a little bit. I guess it's rather handy though, saves me and Yuuka a trip to your place." you reply, taking the tea cup and taking a seat in a chair.

"I heard some of your conversation with Marisa, seems you need my talent in tailoring once more? Not that I mind of course, always a pleasure to make something for a friend. Did you perhaps have something in mind already?"

You rub the back of your head sheepishly and chuckle, "Well, there's several ideas kind of bouncing around in there... I just can't really pin one down. I've never gone to a party before, or really bothered to dress up for Halloween, so I really have no idea what to expect."

"Ah don't worry 'bout it too much. The mansion might be big and fancy, but most folk around here aren't nearly on the level of Remilia. She might wear somethin' fancy, probably Sakuya and Meiling too... well, probably the mansion people in general, but most everyone else is just looking to have a good time. Something casual would fit in just fine, or well really anythin'." offers the witch, plopping herself down on the couch with Alice.

"I've been to Remilia's parties lately, and I can tell you Marisa is more or less correct. Remilia herself will probably be the fanciest one there, but otherwise it'll just be like seeing normal people dressing up for Halloween. Well, unless you're Marisa, then you just slightly alter your original outfit... actually, Reimu does the same, though I expect she's just there for the food in all honesty." the puppeteer shrugs, and retrieves a sketchpad from the floor, "So tell me Reina, what do you have in mind? Perhaps if you can get your thoughts on paper, it'll make it easier to decide...?"

---

Costume design redux:
[ ] Remilia's a vampire, so why not go as a vampire?
[ ] It might seem silly, but maybe you could try something flower-themed? Yuuka would like that...
[ ] How about something magical? Marisa would be thrilled!
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> "Yakumo's Halloween" finished

Due to an overall tie, I've decided to re-run voting for the costume design again. If at all possible, please provide some sort of reference. I already have to think of costumes for various Touhous, and I'll admit I'm not the greatest at clothing design... excuse me for the lateness of this update, I found it unexpectedly difficult.

>> No. 102016
File 125719094735.jpg - (67.89KB , 770x400 , magicalvampireflower.jpg ) [iqdb]
102016
[x] Magical Vampire Flower. Guaranteed to draw attention.
>> No. 102017
[x] Flowery Magician, a mix of both major influences in Reina's life. A Witch's outfit in flowerly colors (perhaps Yuuka's), but have a flower on the hat. And perhaps the cape having a few flower patterns.

A nice mix of both, feel free to improve this.
>> No. 102018
File 125719294744.jpg - (190.58KB , 467x599 , Alucard_002.jpg ) [iqdb]
102018
[X] Remilia's a vampire, so why not go as a vampire?
- [X] Alucard SotN

Considering her witch dress, I'm sure that Reina'll like this costume.
Taking the spotlight from the older Scarlet will be a nice bonus too.
>> No. 102019
[x] Magical Vampire Flower. Guaranteed to draw attention.

I just had to vote for this.
>> No. 102020
>>102018

Reina doesn't have the gutsy-ness or badass levels to pull it off.

Not to mention the question of taste appearing at a vampire's party as a vampire.

And stealing Remilia's spotlight isn't the best idea if your name isn't say Reimu Hakurei.
>> No. 102021
[X] Remilia's a vampire, so why not go as a vampire?
- [X] Alucard SotN
>> No. 102022
[x] Magical Vampire Flower.
>> No. 102024
[x] Magical Vampire Flower.
>> No. 102027
[X] Remilia's a vampire, so why not go as a vampire?
- [X] Alucard SotN
Magical Flower Vampire just sounds too ridiculous
>> No. 102028
>>102027

And having her trying to go as Alucard isn't? She'd have better luck going as Rondo of Blood Maria.
>> No. 102029
[x] Flowery Magician, a mix of both major influences in Reina's life. A Witch's outfit in flowerly colors (perhaps Yuuka's), but have a flower on the hat. And perhaps the cape having a few flower patterns.

Yeah, this seems nice to me.
>> No. 102030
[x] Smooth Criminal

hoho~
>> No. 102033
[x] Magical Vampire Flower. Guaranteed to draw attention.
>> No. 102036
File 125720539260.jpg - (1.76MB , 1200x1727 , 7c9a84dd520feb3f14233b92d15a40cc.jpg ) [iqdb]
102036
[x] Flowery Magician

I love this because when anyone asks why, Reina can go, "Well, you're supposed to dress up as something supernatural, right? And my best friends are supernatural, so..." and trail off as she looks away shyly.

Oh, and make it a dark green witch outfit, like flower stems or grass, with fake flowers or just flower designs all over it.
>> No. 102038
[x] Magical Vampire Flower. Guaranteed to draw attention.
>> No. 102040
[x] Flowery Magician
>> No. 102056
x] Magical Vampire Flower

This is something I can get behind.
>> No. 102057
you guys do realize that a magical bloodsucking plant is basically what just killed her, right? and that she sort of subconsciously remembers it?

you're going to drive the poor girl mad
>> No. 102062
>>102057

Trolls hard at work of course with a touch of classic Anon stupidity.

It's hard to tell if they're even fans of the story or not.
>> No. 102076
[x] Flowery Magician~
>> No. 102081
[X] Remilia's a vampire, so why not go as a vampire?
- [X] Alucard SotN
>> No. 102086
[x]Just a sunflower.
>> No. 102088
>>102083

This still means the lame vampire flower idea is going to win, more so since you changed your vote to something that's last in votes.

Just letting you know.
>> No. 102090
[x] Flowery Magician
>> No. 102093
Goddamnit, what the fuck.

[X] Remilia's a vampire, so why not go as a vampire?
- [X] Alucard SotN
>> No. 102095
>>102093
You really think that's in-character for Reina?
>> No. 102096
[x] Flowery Magician
>> No. 102099
>>102094
This is why you set your post password so you can delete your old votes.
>> No. 102105
Voted called as:
[x] Flowery Magician

Writing starting now.
>> No. 102122
File 125721862943.jpg - (246.64KB , 700x700 , 1256321323831.jpg ) [iqdb]
102122
[x] Flowery Magician

Since your coming to Gensokyo there had been a few people with a rather large impact on your life, excluding Yukari who had landed you all here to begin with, Marisa was the first friend you had made in Gensokyo and Yuuka had been a rather big factor in your decision to start learning danmaku with Reimu... why not something that could represent them both?

You pull Alice aside, stating you needed to discuss the whole thing in private - giving out a feasible excuse to, "you don't need to know my measurements and all that Marisa." when the witch asked why.

"It's just sketching, I don't exactly need the measurements again." stated Alice, searching for a seat in the bedroom/lab,

"I had to give Marisa some kind of excuse right? I just... kind of wanted to plan this out, away from both of them. A surprise, I guess? It's a little embarrasing since I'm using both as an influence for the whole thing..."

The puppeteer nodded her head, "Well, I guess if you want to keep is a secret until Halloween, I'll keep my mouth shut about it. So, what did you have in mind that could possibly involve Marisa and Yuuka? About the only thing the two have in common is their love of raw power really."

"Well, I'm not a hundred percent sure but I have a few ideas in mind. Maybe the simpler one would be to use Marisa's own outfit as a base, but change the color scheme to something more in line with Yuuka's, or plants in general, such as green, and add flowers or vines to it somehow to give it a more nature-like feeling?"

The blond haired youkai nods her head, her hand darts across her sketchpad, "Go on, go on."

"In a nutshell that's the basic idea I suppose. I guess it isn't terribly original or anything, but well... I'm not a very creative person I suppose."

"You supply the idea, I'll supply the creativity Reina. I have to admit the idea on paper sounds interesting, could always use more practice making Mari- ah that is, more practice in making costumes like this." Alice pauses to chew on the end of her pencil, "This'll take me some time of course, but I'm confident it'll be done long before Halloween. Would you like me to drop it off as soon as it is completed? I imagine that would much more convienent then having to come to my house to see my progress."

"If it's not too much trouble. Thank you for doing this for me, and on such short notice. I appreciate it Alice."

The puppeteer smiles, "Don't mention it, anything to help a friend of Marisa's and a friend of mine. You won't even need to pay me, as usual." she said with a smirk.

Returning back to Marisa and Yuuka, you were surprised to see the two had been chatting about something, until they noticed you and Alice's return anyway. You thought of asking them about it, but before you could Marisa spoke first.

"You've been makin' some real progress in your danmaku lessons lately Reina, so I got to thinkin' why don't we play danmaku? I'll go easy on ya of course, but I figure you could use the practice ze!"

"Admit it Marisa, you're just bored and I already turned down your request when you asked me an hour ago." commented Alice, refilling her tea, "I also imagine you asked Yuuka, and she turned you down as well."

The witch chuckled as she rubbed the back of her head, "Well, yeah... but I haven't gotten to play danmaku since that duel with Reimu! 'Sides I want to see how good Reina is, I wonder if she's been doin' any kind of special training or anythin' on the side, when Reimu ain't around..."

---

Play danmaku?:
[ ] This should be fun!
- [ ] Plan your strategy! (write-in)
[ ] Don't really feel up to it today...
- [ ] Take your leave to go back home, see if Ran picked up her order?
- [ ] Other (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

Since I don't imagine anyone is keeping count, this is update 100. I would've liked to start off the new thread with update 100, but well you know how things go sometimes... in celebration of 100, I'm thinking if I should write some sort of "side story" thing. A short related to RiG, a "what if" kind of thing, so you could've see events in a different light, or perhaps see an entirely fictional scenario. What do you think?

It goes without saying anything in the "side stories" isn't canon.
>> No. 102126
>>102122

I'm all for side stories and such, just as long as the main story doesn't die as a result.
>> No. 102128
[x] This should be fun!
- [x] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [x] Then use Spell card: Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail, and see what happens.

This should be easier on Reina than her first one. That and evading Marisa should be easier. That and a bit of sparring never hurt, not as if she'll be doing this again tomorrow.
>> No. 102140
[x] This should be fun!
- [x] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [x] Then use Spell card: Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail, and see what happens.

She can't get stronger without battles.
>> No. 102142
[x] This should be fun!
- [x] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [x] Then use Spell card: Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail, and see what happens.
>> No. 102148
>That and evading Marisa should be easier

IN stage 4 would like to have a word with you. Keep in mind we still absolutely suck at grazing, and Marisa specializes in either sending out thousands of small stars in dense patterns, or firing LOLGIANTLAZOR , while also sending out tons of shots.

We are going to get absolutely pummeled. Unless of course, Marisa is just going to awkwardly shoot a single star that wobbles slowly in the air at us and fizzles pathetically 'cause she doesn't want to hurt us.

Yeah, no, that's probably not happening. Prepare to take a "sho-broom-ken" to the face the second we try to do anything. And when we're slowly crawling back up to our feet we'll notice a small pot next to us that keeps glowing brighter and brighter and brighter...

Maybe she'll even throw in a "card crusher" on our brand new spellcard (when did she get that?), just to drive home the point.

And this will be her going "easy".
>> No. 102150
>>102148

Forgot my vote

[x] This should be fun!
- [x] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [x] Then use Spell card: Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail, and see what happens.
- [x] Clench those teeth when she inevitably smashes you in the face with that broom.
>> No. 102155
>>102148

IN was the game that made the EZ MODO meme, and chances are since it's Reina's first time Marisa would start off with Easy (difficulty level) spell cards and adjust from there.
>> No. 102156
[x] This should be fun!
- [x] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [x] Then use Spell card: Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail, and see what happens.
>> No. 102158
[x] This should be fun!
- [x] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [x] Then use Spell card: Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail, and see what happens.

Well i doubt Marisa is going to take it easy in a fight but...
I'm quite certain these were supposed to be IaMP/SWR style fights and not shmup style.
>> No. 102164
>>102158

Hence "sho-broom-ken".

Also, can you picture anyone ever being able to win a fight in iamp/swr without grazing, hi-jumping, or flying? Yeah, we're doomed.

Honestly, I'd be disappointed if we won against Marisa even if she was going easy. We've only been doing this for a week or so. Marisa has dedicated her entire life to danmaku.
>> No. 102175
[c] This should be fun!
- [c] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [c] Then use spell card (Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail), and see what happens.
>> No. 102189
File 125726680746.jpg - (677.92KB , 900x600 , b329e3fcfd5d8c6f8be8ed44b15056e8.jpg ) [iqdb]
102189
[x] This should be fun!
- [x] Play defense first, taking note of Marisa's style, focusing on survival, but landing shots when you can.
- [x] Then use Spell card: Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail, and see what happens.

Watching Marisa's fighting style proved some things about her very quickly - one she didn't like to fight in melee nearly as much as Reimu did, and secondly: she knew how to spit out danmaku like a hose pumps out water. If this was her going 'easy' on you, you couldn't imagine how she fought when she was serious. The witch herself could effortlessly graze your own shots, you think she yawned a few times, while you had to jump and dive out of the path of her torrent of stars. Not to mention the occasional flash of light, followed by a large beam of light racing to where you had been standing mere seconds prior.

You were really learning what Alice meant by Marisa favoring "superior firepower", and considering that was the trait she shared with Yuuka, you could only imagine how the youkai fought in a danmaku duel...

"Gettin' tired Reina?" taunted the witch from her broom.

"Maybe a little winded, why don't you try running around down here?"

The witch laughed and shook her head, "Nah, I like bein' up here. Gives me a better view to watch you scurry around. Ready for my next attack, Reina?"

She didn't wait for a response before she thrust her hand out, and a beam of light raced from some object held within her grasp. You barely manage to roll out of the way, the energy of the beam washing over you like a breeze. You offered a silent prayer to whatever genius made danmaku non-lethal, you were sure under normal circumstances just the energy of that beam would've burnt you.

You risked a quick glance to the sidelines, seeing Alice watching the scene with amusement, while Yuuka's face remains expressionless as she gazes upon the battle. It was quite obvious that if you did nothing but watch Marisa and dodge, she would easily outlast you - it took her much less energy to float around on her broom to avoid your counterattacks, then it took you to jump, roll, and dive out of the way of her's. Being stuck to the ground in a danmaku duel really, really sucked.

Reaching a hand into your pocket, you fumble around for one of your two spellcards - what a better time to see if you could make a spellcard on your own or not, then try it out on Marisa? Worst case scenario is nothing happened, and you ended up eating her danmaku with your face. There were worse things that could happen...

"Mishap Sign, For the Want of a Nail!" you declare, holding the card high.

At first you expected to feel like you did the time you used your Apprentice Sign card, in that you'd double over in pain. Well, you did feel some pain but it was much less intense, and more of an overall feeling of being run gently through a tenderizer. You at least managed to stay on your feet to watch the ensuing lightshow.

Much like Reimu, the witch's initial reaction is surprise as numerous bullets - ranging from a nail shape to sawblades - explode outwards from you in every direction, meaning a vast majority of your bullets would just end up hitting nothing but air (and hopefully not the bystanders!). Still, there was quite a few heading in Marisa's general direction, and the witch was flying away from the ensuing wave of bullets, likely to buy herself time to figure out how to weave through the seemingly random jumble of bullets.

Eventually she stops and turns around, you expect she'll be diving through the storm any second now, only to get caught by surprise when the second wave of - hey, wait is she pulling out a spellcard? She doesn't seem to be moving...

"Love Sign, Master Spark!"

You had seen Marisa fire off some rather amazing beams of light before, but this one was different. Not only was it larger, but it was faster too - you barely managed to make out many details before it was already on you.

~

" .. ina! ... ar, me...?"

Blinking your eyes open you find Marisa standing over you, and a bit off the side you can make out Yuuka and Alice as well. Groaning you sit up and rub the back of your head, it was pretty obvious that attack had hit you pretty hard, now it felt like you had been run through that tenderizer from earlier a few more times on a slightly higher setting.

"Maybe I'm just not cut out for this, I can't seem to beat anyone." you say with a chuckle.

"Ah don't take it in a bad way, you have to remember I've been practicin' danmaku for years! You've just only started, so you've got a long ways to go still... maybe we should start you easy, maybe get you trainin' on Cirno, she should be easy enough for ya."

"Of course, if she loses to Cirno you might just shatter her confidence Marisa." comments Alice slyly,

"I'm sure she can handle the silly lil' nineball, I mean she might've even beaten me! Well, maybe if I didn't just decide to spark my way through her danmaku instead of weaving through that whole thing." the witch folded her arms across her chest, "I've gotta say though, for a newbie Reina has made some rather incredibly powerful spellcards, they still seem ta leave her pretty weak but it's really somethin'."

"I think she just needs to work on refining her control, should help limit all the stress of using those high-powered spellcards. It's a bit surprising how she is similar to you in that regard Marisa, whenever she knows it or not."

Marisa shrugs and holds her hand out to help you to your feet, "How ya feelin' Reina? Good to stand? You were only passed out for a bit under a minute this time, you might be able to stay awake the next time!"

Shaking your head you take the offered hand, and shakingly rise to your feet, "I'll get the hang of it I'm sure, probably just a bit more practice..."

---

Well, that turned out... well...:
[ ] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [ ] Start on the mansion next?
- [ ] See about starting up Eientei's?
[ ] Maybe swing by Reimu's, see if she's done investigating yet?
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 102197
[x] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [x] Start on the mansion next?

Let's just rest some and check in on Reimu tomorrow. Let's start on the mansion since it has the earliest due date.

> "The Mansion's Halloween" job pending - deadline is 3 days prior
> "Eientei's Halloween" job pending - deadline is 2 days prior
>> No. 102202
[c] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [c] Start on the mansion next?
>> No. 102203
[x] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [x] Start on the mansion next?
I wanted to visit Reimu, but her... 'hospitality' is kinda expensive.
>> No. 102204
>>102203

I don't think anything is really forced, just that Reina being the good girl that she is, brings over food for Reimu.
>> No. 102207
[x] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [x] See about starting up Eientei's?
>> No. 102214
Well, at least she didn't just spark us right off the bat.
>> No. 102215
[x] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [x] Start on the mansion next?
>> No. 102218
I have completely lost track of when we're supposed to be going to Reimu's for training.
>> No. 102220
[x] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [x] Start on the mansion next?
>> No. 102221
> while Yuuka's face remains expressionless as she gazes upon the battle
Nice to see Yuuka rooting for Reina so plantively.
>> No. 102223
>>102218

I think until Reina gets those jobs done, she's taking a slight break from lessons.

>>102221

I think she was just focusing on the battle, and not wanting to distract Reina.
>> No. 102224
File 125729182469.png - (244.64KB , 600x540 , Ultros.png ) [iqdb]
102224
>>102221
If she keeps depending on Yuuka for emotional support, Reina'll never grow a spine
>> No. 102241
>>102223
>I think until Reina gets those jobs done, she's taking a slight break from lessons.
Did we tell Reimu that? Goddammit why can't Reina keep track of anything without our help?
>> No. 102244
>>102241

I don't think Reimu'd be that concerned, chances are she'd do things in a way that she wouldn't get bent out of shape about if Reina didn't come. She might be busy investigating as well.
>> No. 102246
File 12573021959.jpg - (106.85KB , 650x650 , ag28.jpg ) [iqdb]
102246
[x] Call it a day, you should see if Ran has got her order yet.
- [x] Start on the mansion next?

Brushing stray bits of grass of your clothes, you take a look up at the sky trying to gauge what time it was. Surely by now Ran would've picked up her order, and you should get started on your next project since time was of the utmost importance...

"Well, that was a good way to spend some time, but I should probably be heading back home... I have some orders I have to finish up before Halloween rolls around, and I don't know how long it'll take me to do them all, can't afford to slack off now."

"I bet Remi's gotcha doin' something for her huh? Guess if ya don't get it done, you'd ruin her Halloween party so I guess you better make sure you do your work! Guess you'll be needin' an escort home so why don't I - "

"There's no need for you to leave your guest, little thief, I'm perfectly capable of bring Reina back home." cut in Yuuka, her tone neutral yet somehow frightening, "That won't be a problem, will it?"

Marisa flinches slightly and shakes her head, "O-of course not, I guess I did almost forget that I ah, have some things I need ta attend to myself I guess... w-well then, I'll see you when I see ya, alright Reina?"

"Y-yes, of course. Have a good day Marisa, and also thank you again Alice."

"Don't mention it Reina, have a good day." replied the puppeteer with a smile.

Yuuka gestured for you to follow, and you two begin the return trip back home. You were surprised by the youkai's interruption of Marisa's offer to take you back home, Yuuka usually seemed to let people finish their sentences before saying anything. During the whole time there though, you did notice she was being pretty quiet, not that it was terribly unusual for her to be silent, but...

"I'm sure you have some thoughts on your mind, little flower?" asked the youkai suddenly.

Your initial instinct is to deny, but the look Yuuka gives you implies she would know you were lieing, and she did so hate liars...

"Well, maybe a stray thought or two, but it isn't really important or anything."

"Ask. Even if a question doesn't seem important, you don't have anything to lose by asking them. If you don't ask, how do you expect to know?"

"It's just, when Marisa was going to offer to take me home, why did you interrupt her? I mean, I guess it's true she did have Alice over so she shouldn't drop everything for her guest, just to take me home but..."

Yuuka chuckled, "The little thief is your friend, correct? But do you know much about her? The thief is unusually charismatic, or perhaps simply likeable, and she enjoys having quite a few friends. But how much do you know of these friendships?"

How much did you know about Marisa really? Not much beyond what you had seen of her personally, you hadn't ever really thought about it. You knew she and Alice were rather close, and that she was friends with Reimu, but beyond that (and her friendship with you, of course) you knew very little about her life.

"Your silence tells me as much as I expected little flower," the youkai sighs slightly, "the thief is your friend, and you haven't thought beyond that have you? Have you possibly considered what you mean to her? As I understand, you did not have much experience with people before, so I shall teach you a valuable lesson now: do not assume your friends think of you, in the same way as you think of them."

You frown slightly, "What is that supposed to mean Yuuka? Marisa doesn't think of me as her friend...?"

"No, you misunderstand little flower. There is no doubt she considers you her friend, and you of course are proud to call her your friend. But to the thief, her value of friend is different then your own. Or rather, she does not believe in certain... things." the youkai shakes her head slowly, "That is all I shall say on the matter. All I will ask of you is this Reina, be careful of her. The thief is not a bad person, but at the same time her intentions may not be what you think, or they may not always be so... pure."

~

Yuuka had definitely given you some food for thought, but it was food you would have to store in the fridge for later eating. Upon your return home you noticed that Sakuya was present, along with a small legion of maid-dressed girls with wings - probably fairies. The maids all were carrying various pieces of furniture, and you nearly wanted to turn tail and flee at the sight of the amount of work the maid was dumping in your lap.

"I do hope I'm not out of line here, miss Roots?" asks the silver-haired maid curiously.

"N-no of course not! Just ah, well... t-this is your order...?"

Sakuya glances behind her at the maids and shrugs, "Some of it. Lady Remilia decided to simply order some of the more damaged pieces for now, saving just the more simple ones for you."

The thought that all this was just the 'tip of the iceberg' was enough to make your skin chill just a tad, "M-most kind of her, well ah do you want some tea or anything?" you ask out of polite habit.

"That would be unwise Reina. I do not believe you have enough supply to offer all this to this maid, without having to also extend the same hospitality to her workers."

The silver-haired maid smirks, "Don't trouble yourself miss Roots. I don't imagine all this will fit inside your home however, if it is alright I shall just leave what will fit here, and leave a fairy or two behind to do delivery duty?"

---

S-so much work...:
[ ] Better suck it up and get started...
- [ ] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...
[ ] So much work, must do something else first before really starting...
- [ ] Go kill time doing what though? (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 102247
>>102241

She's like a Sim. You need to babysit her every second of the day or she'll take a piss in the middle of the street.
>> No. 102249
[ ] Better suck it up and get started...
- [ ] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...

Maybe they can't actually do OUR work, I'll bet they'd be pretty incompetent. But they can at least fetch a tool or move this or that when needed.
>> No. 102251
[x] Better suck it up and get started...
- [x] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...

A bit or minor help isn't bad, and it isn't like Reina's going to be slave driver.
>> No. 102255
File 125730414415.jpg - (249.50KB , 789x1200 , 8553aca8324933e090772686688faaee.jpg ) [iqdb]
102255
[x] Better suck it up and get started...
- [x] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...

Fairy apprentices GET
>> No. 102262
[x] Better suck it up and get started...
- [x] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...

Amazing idea
>> No. 102278
>The thief is not a bad person, but at the same time her intentions may not be what you think, or they may not always be so... pure.

Precious thing etc etc

[x] Better suck it up and get started...
- [x] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...
- [x] Nothing major, just handing tools and stuff.
>> No. 102279
[x] Better suck it up and get started...
- [x] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...
>> No. 102318
File 125735979473.jpg - (165.21KB , 894x912 , 067606e651ef31cce147651e9f91f366.jpg ) [iqdb]
102318
There is no Cirno. Sorry.

[x] Better suck it up and get started...
- [x] Maybe you could ask for a few extra maids to actually do some of the work...
- [x] Nothing major, just handing tools and stuff.

You'd need a little bit more then just a few fairies for delivery work... while you weren't sure the fairies could do any of the actual work, they could probably be useful for something - even if it was just making you tea.

"May I get a few extra fairies to serve as helpers? Not for any of the actual work but, you know simple tasks... fetch that tool, bring me that... stuff like that."

"Very well, I guess they could be used for those sort of tasks with at least a shred of competency. Do just try to keep them away from anything even remotely dangerous, and the furniture in particular. The last either of us needs is for one to 'trip' into something and break it further."

Looking at the sheer amount of work before you, the thought of having to completely repair anything from the ground up was a terrifying thought. There was enough work here to keep you busy for hours, if not days... this was going to be quite the challenge. Sakuya pointed to a few fairies amongst the horde, directing them inside, mean while Yuuka watched with slight amusement as she shook her head.

"Quite the popular worker, are you not my little flower? I'm afraid I'm out of my element here. I shall take my leave now." the youkai offered a slight curtsey, "Do keep my advice in mind little flower, you know I only wish what is best for you."

You smile and nod your head, "Of course Yuuka. Have a good day, and thank you for keeping me company."

"Think nothing of it little flower. I wish you the best of luck in your works, and in keeping the fairies in line."

With a final wave the youkai walked off to an unknown location, but likely one of her gardens. Turning around back to the fairy horde, you are surprised to see it has diminished, the remaining fairies forming a line of furniture as they enter and exit your house, coming in with furniture, and leaving empty-handed. If only fairies were actually good at work, this would be so much easier...

~

"Ok this time when you go to deliver this table, you make sure you aren't carrying any sharp, pointy... you know what? No. Just don't be carrying anything, carry just the table. Ok?" you repeat sternly to the wide-eyed fairy before you, she nods her head slowly before going to accomplish the task. Hopefully.

Working with the fairies was like pulling teeth, you had to speak slowly and clearly, not to mention explain everything like you were talking to a mentally challenged person. All the while they merely stared at you, nodding slowly or giggling in response. You can't imagine why Remilia would employ so many fairy maids, if it seemed they were hardly capable of little more then chatting amongst themselves.

They didn't even have proper names, when you had asked the first fairy had rattled off a number. When you asked why, she stated it was "How many knives miss Izayoi has thrown at me.", you didn't really wish to inquire any further on the matter (you were certain that fairy's "name" was a three-digit number) and merely addressed them by pointing. Sakuya had been "kind" enough to leave you roughly ten fairy maids at your disposal, all of which you had assigned to do the simplist of tasks.

And even then, they could mess it up, you also quickly learned to never let them make the tea - you nearly had to run into the bathroom and occupy it after a single cup of a fairy's tea. They did seem capable of at least performing simple fetch jobs however, and you imagined you had saved at least a little bit of time having them perform the simple tasks. Still, you couldn't imagine hiring any of these fairies as permament help... not unless there was some way to find some with more brains, or at least the capacity to learn and understand better then a rock.

"Miss Roots, aren't you hungry? You've been working for hours!" commented a fairy, flitting to your side.

You take a glance out the window, noting the clouds are already starting to darken. You sigh and remove your glasses, rubbing your temples.

"Guess I've been working a lot more then I thought... I haven't made as much progress as I hoped..." you say sadly, noting your workshop is still crammed full of furniture and there was more in the shop.

"Cheer up miss Roots! You're such a dedicated worker, I'm sure you'll have it done in no time, and miss Izayoi won't have to stab you in anger!"

"Remember that one time I dropped the plate, and miss Izayoi stabbed me with three knives?"

"What about the time I broke that chair, and she - "

You slowly tune out their chatter of abuse, and slink off to the kitchen to make something to eat - after seeing their teamaking skills, you had no desire to die of food poisoning trying any food they attempt to cook. Of course, if you were going to make dinner for yourself, wouldn't it be polite to do so for your guests as well? And where were they going to sleep for the night come to think of it? The job wasn't nearly done, and you couldn't easily retrieve them if you sent them away, but on the other hand...

---

Fairies driving you insane!:
[ ] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[ ] Feed them? Ok, but you won't let them stay the night, they can just come back in the morning.
[ ] No food, but stay the night!
[ ] GET AWAY. GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAKS.
[ ] Other

In the morning:
[ ] Continue working, must work, must work...
[ ] Must relax, must relax... (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 102322
[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
I'd kick them out in a heartbeat, but that'll be OOC
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...
>> No. 102326
[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...

Focus on the job as to finish it faster, one can only hope that Eientei's job isn't this difficult.
>> No. 102336
[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...

If only to see what sort of mischief happens.
>> No. 102354
Feeding them? Sure, sounds like the right thing to do since they tried to help.
But letting them stay the night? That's a HORRIBLE idea in every sense of the word, so of course I have no choice but to vote..

[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...
>> No. 102357
[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...
>> No. 102359
[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...

This will be amusing...
>> No. 102380
[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...
>> No. 102386
[z] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[z] Continue working, must work, must work...
This is a bad idea and I'm a bad voter.
>> No. 102412
File 125738366779.png - (620.63KB , 999x999 , 60f4ff5d8f9c91497609866f915fa25e.png ) [iqdb]
102412
[X] Guess it's only polite to feed them and let them stay the night...
[X] Continue working, must work, must work...

It was such a pain having to be the nice hostess sometimes, you should probably still show them proper manners even if they did cause quite the problem occasionally. As you check in on them in the workshop, you notice they're still talking about their various stabbing incidents related to their own ineptitude.

"Excuse me, would all you like anything to eat...?"

"I told you she's nice! Offers us food and doesn't even stab us first!"

"Yay for the boob lady!" cheered another fairy as the group happily makes their way to the kitchen.

The boob lady!? What the heck was that supposed to mean?! The fairies chatter up a storm of stories, again mostly involving knifing, as you try to focus on cooking a meal suitable for eleven mouths. The fairies at least help you by setting the table, and bringing the finished food to the table.

It was very helpful of them! Until you found out each full plate of food taken off the counter and placed on the table, was promptly devoured by the fairies seated at the table.

For such small creatures, they seemed to eat more then their share of food each, and in the end you have to shoo them away to the guest room for sleep - only managed to make up a few peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to dull your hunger.

As you head upstairs to find peace and quiet in your room, which the fairies thankfully did not enter, you can still hear the giddy chatter of the fairies chattering up a storm in the guestroom. You didn't even bother to go in and tell them 'good night' or anything, you just went into your room and closed the door to drown out the sea of noise.

Pulling off your clothes and getting dressed in nightclothes, you collapse onto your bed and crawl underneath the warm embrace of the covers. Maybe after a good night's sleep, you could get the energy to put up with all the fairies long enough to finish your work...

~

You are roused from your slumber by the sounds of talking within your room, cracking an eye open you look around your room to find... a mess. And fairies flitting about happily digging around in everything you own. Clothes, including unmentionables, are scattered all around the room as the fairies happily examine and discuss every little thing they find. A few seem particularly interested in your bras, and seem to be engaged in a deep (for a fairy anyway) discussion about them.

You would think you would be angry and yell and scream, but you just don't care anymore. You could do all that to them, but the only way you'd be freed of all this was to simply get your work done. Ignoring the curious horde, you shamble into the bathroom and go about your morning routine, only holding off your bath long enough to gather up a change of clothes from the mess.

"Alright everyone, playtime is over back to work, alright?"

The fairies groan collectively, before flitting out the door and heading downstairs. With a groan you survey the mess in you room, resolving to take care of it later, and head downstairs yourself to continue your intensive work. You could only hope you could find the energy to finish all the work today and free yourself of these fairies...

"Geez, Aya wasn't kidding about you playing hostess to a bunch of fairies, huh?" commented a voice from the shop.

Getting up from your seat in the workshop, you head to the shop to figure out who had invited themselves in (fairies couldn't even tell you of people entering, apparently). To your surprise you find it's Reimu, and she wasn't alone either you could see Aya as well, along with... that blue-haired child from Keine's school.

"From the looks of things, not just any fairies but the ones from the Scarlet Devil Mansion." added the tengu.

"Poor Reina, didn't know this is Sakuya's version of a prank on you, huh? I bet she offered you some help, probably for delivery, and you thought 'hey, why not get some more?', huh?" asked Reimu with a grin,

Sighing you nod your head, "That sounds about right..."

"The Scarlet Devil maids are notorious for their... well, overall uselessness. Aside from a few, they're pretty much all like this. I still can't imagine why Remilia employs them, considering Sakuya does pretty much all the work in the mansion."

"They're not even all that good at danmaku or anything!" added the blue-haired girl, "They give fairies a bad name, sheesh..."

Guess that made the girl a fairy, though you guess you could've figured that out from the ice-like wings on her back.

"Well, not that I don't mind the change of pace here, but ah... what are you doing here anyway?" you look over your shoulder to ensure no flames are erupting out of your workshop, "I do have a lot of work to do, including babysitting all these fairies..."

"Thought you could use a friendly face or two! I dropped by this morning, and could hear a lot of noise from upstairs so I kind of poked around a bit, saw all the fairies and well... thought you could stand to have some company, if only to stave off insanity and madness." answered Aya with a smile,

"I needed a break from all the Genjii hunting anyway, and I might be able to help keep the fairies in line... or well, maybe Cirno can." the miko shrugged, "If it's not too much trouble, you mind making some tea or something...?"

---

Reinforcements!: (Select multiple)
[ ] You really should get Reimu to keep these fairies in line...
[ ] Maybe this "Cirno" wouldn't be a bad idea?
[ ] Take a small break from work...
- [ ] Inquire about the investigating?
- [ ] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

Got a new laptop, and for whatever reason proper spacing doesn't copy/paste from WordPad.
>> No. 102414
[ ] Take a small break from work...
- [ ] Inquire about the investigating?
- [ ] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons.
[ ] You really should get Reimu to keep these fairies in line...

Wow, they're even worse than I imagined.

Peeeeeerfect.
>> No. 102415
[x] Take a small break from work...
- [x] Inquire about the investigating?
- [x] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [x] Ask about Cirno
[x] Have Cirno try to help you out.

A bit of break for company wouldn't be bad, not if there's help.

I do suspect the main reason why Remilia has the fairy maids aroudn is the appearance of a bunch of cute things in maid uniform 'working' for her.

But Poor Reina being called booby lady.

I wonder how the strongest would direct the fairies.
>> No. 102417
[x] Take a small break from work...
- [x] Inquire about the investigating?
- [x] Apologize to Reimu; you won't have time for lessons.
- [x] Ask about Cirno
[x] Have Cirno try to help you out.
>> No. 102420
[x] Take a small break from work...
- [x] Inquire about the investigating?
- [x] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [x] Ask about Cirno
[x] Have Cirno try to help you out.
[x] You really should get Reimu to keep these fairies in line...
Wall me.
>> No. 102421
>>102412

Your fairies really remind me of the Kaka from Blazblue. Especially the "Boob lady" part.

[x] Take a small break from work...
- [x] Inquire about the investigating?
- [x] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [x] Ask about Cirno
[x] Have Cirno try to help you out.

Also, it's sounding like Cirno might actually be somewhat competent in this story if Reimu is suggesting her. Come to think of it, I wonder what they were all up to together before heading to Reina's place
>> No. 102422
[x] Take a small break from work...
- [x] Inquire about the investigating?
- [x] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [x] Ask about Cirno
[x] Have Cirno try to help you out.
>> No. 102424
>>102412
I just noticed, that picture is 999x999
>> No. 102431
[x] Take a small break from work...
- [x] Inquire about the investigating?
- [x] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [x] Ask about Cirno
[x] Have Cirno try to help you out.
>> No. 102435
>>102424
Whoa, I missed that. Good eye, anon.

[+] Take a small break from work...
- [+] Inquire about the investigating?
- [+] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [+] Ask about Cirno
[+] Have Cirno try to help you out.

Seriously, Reina's going to burn herself out at this rate.
>> No. 102451
File 125743771735.jpg - (139.83KB , 677x941 , 01d85e295ff27bc45c7f1224758413bd.jpg ) [iqdb]
102451
[x] Take a small break from work...
- [x] Inquire about the investigating?
- [x] Apologize to Reimu, you won't have time for lessons?
- [x] Ask about Cirno
[x] Have Cirno try to help you out.

"Tea? Of course, of course! I'll make some right now, you don't want to sample the maid's..."

Leading the odd trio into the kitchen, you go about preparing a fresh batch of tea, as they take a seat the table. You offer to cook up some snacks as well, which they happily accept.

"So ah, how is all the investigating going Reimu?"

The miko sighs and shakes her head, "Not as well as I would hope. I guess when your target is just a turtle, and not some troublemaking youkai, it's a lot harder to find clues or info on them."

"I even have Momiji helping me gather info, but she hasn't had any real luck either... it's almost like he up and vanished or something. But I think he's just a really good hider, or something. Don't worry Reina, we'll find him! There's only so much of Gensokyo a turtle could hang around in anyway."

"I personally think he's somewhere in the Misty Lake, I mean a turtle would be around a body of water right? The Misty Lake is the next biggest source of it." said Reimu, "I was kind of hesitate to do so but, this is kind of why Cirno is with us..."

"No offense but er, I mean I get she's this fairy here but ah... uhm... w-who is she exactly...?" you ask nervously.

The fairy puffed out her chest, "Only the strongest fairy in all of Gensokyo!"

Reimu glanced at the fairy and sighed, "Sure, whatever... probably not too false there. But she's the local ice fairy around the Misty Lake, I figure she knows more about it then just about anyone. Of course, she is a fairy so I'm not sure if she's all too reliable..."

"H-hey! I'm not a useless fairy like those maids! I'll show you when I find that turtle all by myself! Once I can solve an incident before you, it'll only be a matter of time until I beat you in a danmaku duel!" boasted Cirno grinning happily,

You chuckle quietly and shake your head, this Cirno was quite spirited - she reminded you a bit of Marisa when she grinned like that. With the tea and snacks done, you set the table before taking your own seat. Your guests thank you before helping themselves, you note Cirno doesn't touch the tea but helps herself to the snacks.

"I have to apologize Reimu, but I don't think I'll be able to go to my lessons for a while... there's quite a bit of work piling up on me suddenly, with this Halloween coming up and all..." you admit with a sigh.

The miko shakes her head and shrugs, "Can't be helped Reina, don't worry about it. If you want, I can just come over and maybe give you quick, little lessons just to keep you in the right frame of mind. But I understand you have obligations to your customers first."

"No luck in finding help, huh?" asked Aya,

"Not really no. These maids aren't really giving the best example of hiring fairies that's for sure..."

"I'm telling you, these ones are just useless! They need to get whipped into shape, so they stop making us fairies look so bad!" complained the ice fairy, puffing out her cheeks in annoyance.

"Well, if you want to whip them into shape be my guest. I could use the help in trying to keep them in line." you offer with a smile.

Cirno seems surprised at your offer, and blinks a few times before she speaks, "R-really? You want me to help you? For real?"

"It isn't a problem isn't it? After all, if you're the 'strongest fairy', you shouldn't have a problem making others listen to you, right?"

"O-of course! I'll show you! I'll get these fairies to be the most productive fairies in all of Gensokyo!" boasted Cirno, hopping out of her chair and dashing away,

Reimu's eyes twinkle with amusement as she chuckles, "My, my sure got her fired up huh? Not that motivating Cirno is a very difficult task."

"Still, should be interesting to say the least. I would think Reimu might be better at keeping them in line, though it may be more out of fear..." comments the tengu with a grin, "who knows? Maybe Reina will start having a host of fairy followers!"

~

Wiping at your brow, you place the tool back on the table, inspecting the furniture carefully. With a nod you point at it, and a pair of fairies flit over to pick it up and carry it away. While you couldn't say the fairies had suddenly become master workers, they had at least become a lot more competent at their jobs, not to mention had ceased their chatter - mostly anyway.

Reimu and Aya had departed to continue their investigating, leaving you with Cirno whom stayed behind to help you with the fairies, despite her original commitment to helping the duo investigate. You had at first tried to convince her to leave, but Reimu insisted it wouldn't be a problem and that Cirno could merely help out later.

"Heeeey Reina, what are you doing all this for anyway?" asks the ice fairy curiously, peering over your shoulder at your work.

Glancing up at her, removing your glasses you turn to face her, "Well it's my job. See I fix up stuff like this and make it look brand new. Remilia asked me to get all this fixed before Halloween, so I guess she needs it for her party." you shrug and turn your attention back to your work, "I wouldn't normally work this long, but since I have a deadline, well..."

"Oh. I see. Sounds like it isn't very fun, why don't you just play danmaku instead?"

"I'm afraid I'm not too terribly good at it, and well, work has to come first. I'd rather not have Remilia be furious at me for failing at her job, and possibly ruining her Halloween party."

"Yeah that vampire lady is pretty scary... n-not that I couldn't beat her of course, I mean I am gonna be the strongest in all of Gensokyo!" the fairy pauses, "You know danmaku?"

You shrug your shoulders slightly, "A bit, why?"

"Well, if you know danmaku that means I have to beat you to earn the title of strongest in Gensokyo! I can't be the strongest if I don't beat everyone, right!?" boasted the fairy gleefully, "I challenge you Reina! W-when you have the time of course!"

A formal challenge? Not a spar? Against a fairy even? Well, what an interesting turn of events...

---

Cirno challenges you do a duel!:
[ ] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [ ] Duel her now, it shouldn't be that hard (write-in strategy and victory conditions)
- [ ] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (pick a time)
- [ ] Other
[ ] Bah, you don't need to bother with this...
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Cirno

What the hell Windows 7, why do you always remove all my spacing so I have to manually insert it all now?
>> No. 102453
[ ] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [ ] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (Afternoon?)

Interesting. But we should probably finish work first. If Reina duels now, she'll probably get burned out.
>> No. 102455
>>102453
[X] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [X] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (Afternoon?)
[X] Keep working!
>> No. 102457
[c] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [c] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (Afternoon?)
>> No. 102461
[x] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [x] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (Afternoon?)
[x] Keep working!
>> No. 102462
[X] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [X] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (Early Afternoon?)
[X] Keep working!

Sounds good, and I think we should try when we're rested as to give Cirno the best challenge. Anything less would be disrespectful to the strongest.

>>102424
The strongest image.
>> No. 102465
[x] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [x] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (Afternoon?)
>> No. 102533
Updated delay, I apologize for that. I'll have it done in the morning.
>> No. 102709
File 12575803666.png - (226.61KB , 614x869 , 0a2571c6c0900bad37574ae38bb049ba.png ) [iqdb]
102709
[X] You can't very well run away from a fairy, could you?
- [X] Too busy now of course, how about tomorrow? (Afternoon?)
[X] Keep working!

You couldn't very well turn down Cirno's duel, after all what would anyone you know (especially Yuuka you imagine) think if they found out you didn't want to duel a fairy? On the other hand, you couldn't really spare the time at the moment, considering all the work you needed to do...

"Alright, I'll accept Cirno. I can't do it now, of course, but how about... tomorrow afternoon? Plently of time to get ready and I should be more caught up with my work, alright?"

The ice fairy nodded happily, "Fine by me! This is great, hahaha! Once I beat you, I'll be one step closer to the strongest in Gensokyo!" boasted Cirno gleefully skipping off,

Certainly was a very spirited, if perhaps a little simple-minded, girl but she certainly didn't seem like a bad person at all. Guess the fairy maids just set a pretty bad example, still tough to say if fairies could be a solution to your help problem, after all you've only seen her able to keep other fairies in line, and boast about her danmaku all day.

Shrugging your shoulders, you return your attention to your work - it wasn't going to finish itself, after all.

~

With a sigh, you place your tools on the table and brush some stray strands of hair out of your face. That was it, you had to take a break, your hands simply were feeling so sore and raw from the constant labor. Keep it up, and you were bound to injure yourself. Rising from your seat, you stretch and hear your joints crack and pop in response.

"Alright, time for a break. Guess I've made some pretty good progress... er, I guess you fairies can go on break or... something. Just don't go disappearing on me, since I have no clue how to round you all up again."

The maids cheer and scramble out of sight, leaving you with just Cirno who shrugs, "You don't really expect them to come back, do you?"

Sighing, you shake your head, "In hindsight?
No. I'll probably just have to go get Sakuya or something..."

"Well whatever, you just remember our duel tomorrow! Don't forget!" the fairy pauses, "Uhm, you want to do the duel here?"

"Meet here at least, we can pick where to actually do it then, alright Cirno?" you ask, the fairy nods in response, "Alright. Well, thanks for the help, I don't think I would've got nearly as much done without your help."

Bidding the ice fairy farewell, you go to water the garden before deciding on what to do - couldn't forget the garden, didn't need Yuuka to visit and find all her precious plants dead by your neglect, after all. With that task out of the way, you just needed to decide on what to do, or where to go, to get some well-deserved rest and relaxation...
---
R&R Time!:
[ ] Why not the village? (write-in)
[ ] See if Reimu is at the shrine, check on the investigation?
[ ] Why leave home? Maybe you could invite...
- [ ] Yuuka over?
- [ ] Aya?
[ ] Other
Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Cirno
> "Duel with Cirno" tomorrow!

This update's major delay can be attributed to me struggling to figure out what to write. I apologize for the incredible delay. Also annoyance at why Windows 7 refuses to copy/paste things correctly.
>> No. 102737
[x] Why not the village?
-[x] Stop by Keine's at school or home and perhaps see if you can't meet her friend.

We haven't met Akyuu, right?
>> No. 102742
[c] Why leave home? Maybe you could invite...
- [c] Yuuka over?
>> No. 102773
[x] Why not the village?
-[x] Stop by Keine's at school or home and perhaps see if you can't meet her friend.
>> No. 102901
File 125770424543.jpg - (410.52KB , 643x900 , 876972bb9d1cab904aec18e169076c27.jpg ) [iqdb]
102901
[x] Why not the village?
-[x] Stop by Keine's at school or home and perhaps see if you can't meet her friend.

As you walked into the village, you noticed some of the villagers were already busy preparing for Halloween. Some houses already had the traditional Halloween decorations out, while you could smell the scent of freshly cut pumpkins wafting out of some open windows. Given it was only about five days away, you guess it wasn't too premature to see the village like this. Unlike the 'real' world where places seem to get decked out for Halloween about two or three weeks ahead of time...

It had occurred to you that when you first met Keine, she had offered to introduce you to a friend of her's, and you did say you would meet her sometime but... well, you never really had come to think of it. Seemed like good way to use your downtime, in addition perhaps this friend knew something of the grimoire?

You had no idea what time it was, but it seemed to be the magical time of day when children were released from school. Or so you assumed from the loud cheers of joy as children, human and otherwise, poured out of the school. Seems like you had just made it if you wanted to catch Keine, had you arrived much later you'd probably be out of luck, considering you had no idea where she lived.

“Hello there Reina, I didn't expect to see you. What brings you here?” asks the schoolteacher, appearing amongst the crowd of students.

“I had some freetime, so why not come visit my favorite schoolteacher?” you reply with a smile.

Keine returns the smile and gestures towards the schoolhouse, “It's a bit informal, but how about we chat inside? I'm sure it'll be more comfortable, would you like some tea or snacks...?”

“I could use a cup of tea, thanks Keine. Busy day of teaching I assume?”

The youkai teacher shrugs, “No not particularly. Was a bit more quiet then usual, couldn't see Cirno anywhere, I suppose she decided to skip out on classes today for whatever reason.”

Ack. That's right, Cirno was a student here wasn't she? You had kept her busy at your house all day long she must've forgotten about going to school in the morning. Sure hope you didn't get her in a lot of trouble or anything. Keine leads you inside to the teacher's breakroom where she busies herself preparing some tea, laying out some crackers as a snack. You snatch a few and nibble on them to satisfy your hunger.

“How was your time with Marisa?” asks Keine suddenly, looking over her shoulder at you,

“Eh? What do you... oh, oh! Right, well it wasn't anything too different from how we usually spend time together. We went home not too long after we met with you and Mokou.”

“I hope we didn't interrupt anything you two had planned or anything?”

You tilt your head to the side curiously, “No, of course not. Marisa just wanted to spend some time with me, so I thought why not go see that grilled eel stand. There really wasn't much of a plan beyond that.”

“Oh, I see. Well, if you say so Reina.” Keine shrugs, bring a tea set and pot to the table, “You and Marisa are close friends I take it?”

“I would like to think so, yes. She's a pretty fun person to be around, I guess she was my first friend here, and well, ever really.” you state, taking a sip of tea.

Keine smiles and nods her head, “That's good to hear. Marisa is a friendly and outgoing person, she could do to be a bit more proper but, I guess you can't have everything... so tell me Reina, how have you been?”

~

Following a somewhat lengthy recap of your time in Gensokyo since your last visit, Keine agreed to introduce you to her friend when you brought up the topic. The friend lived not far from the schoolhouse, and it didn't take long to reach it. The door was answered by a rather short, young-looking girl with pink hair dressed in a yellow sleeved and green-vested garment with a skirt. She looked up at you curiously, before looking to Keine.

“A new friend of yours Keine? I haven't seen her before.”

“This is Reina, she's a - “ started Keine,

The small girl shook her head and smiled, “Ah, so she is the famous Reina Roots then? I've never met her, but I have heard of her from quite a few people. I understand she's an outsider in the possession of a most curious grimoire? But ah, where are my manners? Please, come in.”

The girl led you and Keine into her house, ending eventually in what looked like a study – a large, thick book rested on the desk. She took a seat the desk, while you and Keine helped yourselves to other seating within the room. Looking around you, you are reminded of Patchouli's library slightly, only instead of bookcases the room is filled with scrolls and books.

“I apologize, I know your name but you don't know me! I'm Hieda no Akyu, although Hieda will be fine.” she gestures to the large book on the desk, “This is what I do for a living, I record history. Actually, with your arrival, I've had to start documenting your own little experiences as well. Ah, don't take that in the wrong sense of course! But, you understand that you are now a part of history, correct?”

“O-of course! It's a bit flattering to think anyone would bother to write about my own boring little life.”

Hieda shakes her head, flipping through pages of the book, “Boring? I think not. You're actually quite interesting, not to mention that grimoire you carry. May I see it?” the girl studies the cover of the grimoire carefully, before opening it and peering at its pages, “As I thought... most interesting indeed.”

“Do you know something about it...?” you ask, a hint of hope in your voice.

“I'm afraid not – and that is what is interesting about it. As you can see, I have quite the collection of knowledge within this room and my mind is a bit of a inescapable cage. I never forget something I've learned, and my knowledge is quite vast – although nothing compared to the librarian, but mine is more on history instead of magical arts.” Hieda returns your grimoire to you, “The mere fact this grimoire has never cropped up in history, is of great interest. My family has long chronicled Gensokyo's history, and...” the girl trials off, before glancing to Keine, “excuse me, but was the grimoire any different when you first saw it, Keine?”

The schoolteacher glanced in your direction and to your grimoire, “Now that you mention it, when I first saw it, it didn't have that latch on the cover, nor the hole in the corner.”

Hieda nodded her head, “I understand. I correct myself then Reina, your grimoire has shown up before. Each time it was either in the position of an outsider, like yourself although the ones before you were all male, or being held by Lady Yakumo.” the pink-haired girl pauses a moment, her expression one of concentration, “The grimoire seems to keep a general same design, but it has changed throughout history. The previous owners, as you might imagine, are no longer amongst the living all having met various ends. In between owners is when it belonged to Lady Yakumo. The grimoire itself has only been sighted on and off in the past few hundred years, but there is no record of its origin, all I know is Lady Yakumo seems to have found it first, and for whatever reason passes it on to outsiders.”

The girl rises from her seat and searches through a case of scrolls, “If you wish to know more, I can get you a list of the previous owners. It will take me time to find the original documents regarding the first appearance of the grimoire, but if you wish you are welcome to stay until I find them. Or if you prefer, I can simply show them to you when you have the time. I must apologize but they cannot leave this home, they are quite old you see...”

---

Knowledge is power!:
[ ] You have to know! Spare the time to see what Hieda can turn up.
[ ] Perhaps it would be best to give her time to properly prepare...
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 102907
[x] Perhaps it would be best to give her time to properly prepare...
[x] Ask Keine more about her non-human students.

We shouldn't rush her, we should give her time to prepare.
>> No. 102913
[ ] Perhaps it would be best to give her time to properly prepare...
>> No. 102965
[x] You have to know! Spare the time to see what Hieda can turn up.
-[x] While you wait, ask Keine more about her non-human students.

finally some more plot
>> No. 102968
[x] You have to know! Spare the time to see what Hieda can turn up.
-[x] While you wait, ask Keine more about her non-human students.

What happened to the previous owners I wonder?
>> No. 103003
[x] You have to know! Spare the time to see what Hieda can turn up.
-[x] While you wait, ask Keine more about her non-human students.
>> No. 103024
[x] You have to know! Spare the time to see what Hieda can turn up.
-[x] While you wait, ask Keine more about her non-human students.
>> No. 103047
[x] You have to know! Spare the time to see what Hieda can turn up.
-[x] While you wait, ask Keine more about her non-human students.
The writefag does realise Hieda is Akyuu's family name, doesn't she?
>> No. 103120
File 125781745029.png - (584.41KB , 827x1169 , f54f538de3de6cccf2a4b5bf9d3aff48.png ) [iqdb]
103120
[x] You have to know! Spare the time to see what Hieda can turn up.
-[x] While you wait, ask Keine more about her non-human students.

You had no other pressing matters to attend to, not to mention your curiosity had been sufficiently aroused by now and you couldn't pass up a chance to learn a bit more about the grimoire, even if it was just a list of names.

“I have the time Akyu, I don't mind waiting a bit.”

The young girl nodded her head, “Very well. It shouldn't take too long, now let's see...”

As she began searching through her collection of scrolls, you turn your attention to Keine, patiently waiting with her tea cup in hand.

“How is it being a schoolteacher Keine?”

The youkai blinks in surprise, as if lulled out of a daydream, “Hm? Oh! Well, I find it very rewarding being able to teach knowledge to the younger generation. I suppose it is quite the unique challenge however, human students seem much more naturally apt at fitting into a learning environment. The youkai however, always have some difficulty adjusting to that sort of environment, so I suppose they are what keeps things interesting.”

You nod your head, taking a sip of tea as Akyu continues her searching in the background, “Do you teach them, well for the lack of a better word, normal school things? You know math, history... things like that?”

“History is mainly what I teach, I'm afraid I'm not much of an expert in other fields aside from it. I have thought of perhaps trying to recruit miss Knowledge to teach math, or perhaps even miss Margatroid, but I just haven't really ever asked them.” the schoolteacher shrugged lightly, “Perhaps it just feels awkward asking them to dedicate some of their time to the teaching of the young. It is difficult to run a school by yourself.”

“You're the only teacher?” you ask, eyes widening slightly in surprise, “The schoolhouse seems rather big for just one teacher...”

“I'm the only full-time teacher there, sometimes I get help but it's usually little more beyond what you and Mokou did when you came by. It's quite the busy job managing all those children.”

“Perhaps you should ask for help for real sometime Keine?” suggested Akyu, walking up to the table, “I mean beyond babysitting, there has to be someone who can spare some hours a day to help teach the children. Really, with all the time you spend teaching you have hardly anytime to visit, and I hear Mokou complain sometimes about your neglect.”

Keine blushed slightly, glancing away, “I-is that so? Ah, well uhm... I-I guess you found what you were looking for then Akyu?” asked the youkai, changing the topic quickly.

The scholar took a seat at the table, carefully unrolling a beaten-looking scroll, “Indeed. This here Reina is the records of the grimoire's known owners, along with the time they inherited it until their deaths, and loss of the grimoire. In between these dates we have assumed it was in lady Yakumo's possession.”

Leaning over in your seat, keeping your tea cup away from the old document, you peer at the names scribbled onto the scroll. You frown as you squint to look at them, you can't seem to make them out and all... Akyu giggles quietly, as she notices your annoyed expression.

“Don't trouble yourself Reina, this scroll was complied sometime ago and I have merely added names onto it. The original was started upon the grimoire's discovery, so of course the writing style has changed since then. I'll read it to you, let's see starting from the first...

“Yoshitaka Daiki, 1876-1890. The dates are from the inheritance of the grimoire, to the end of course. This was recorded by Hieda no Aya, and predates the existence of the Great Hakurei Border, so within a manner of speaking it predates Gensokyo itself. Daiki was a youkai hunter of some renown, he was killed by a pack of youkai five years after the barrier's creation. His personal effects were recovered, and the youkai found but no trace of the grimoire had been discovered.

“Edgard Ashby, 1907-1909. This was recorded by a villager, noting this outsider carried with him an unusual book and spoke in a funny accent. He was overall noted for being highly suspicious of everyone, and was found killed in the wild, cause of death was reasoned to be suicide. As before, the grimoire was gone.

“Hinamoto Hideki, 1923-1937. Interesting man, he was a soldier in some war in the outside world, whisked away during it and ended up adjusting to life quite nicely in Gensokyo. However, he died when the grimoire was lost in the night one day, and he was found dead in his home. As I understand it, the scene was quite gruesome with blood everywhere, his last moments were assumed to be quite painful.

“Skylar Smithson, 1941-1949. Like his prior owner, also a soldier from an outside world, and much like him also whisked away during it. As I understand it, the Hakurei Border weakened during his stay around 1945. He also spoke with an unusual accent, although different from Edgard Ashby thirty-four years prior. Smithson was killed when he made the mistake of challenging a youkai to a duel, and unfortunately lost his life as part of the agreement.

“Vid Lakatos, 1956-1970. This man actually opened up a locksmith in the village and was well-liked for his work. He didn't really do much however beyond tend to his craft, and people said he was a little bit strange. Either way, he was also found dead one day and the grimoire was missing.

“Barry King, 1978-1998. Another man with an unusual accent, he lived for quite some time here in Gensokyo. Actually, he was here even before lady Scarlet and I believe attended a sort of ceremony in the village to celebrate Youki Konpaku's retirement, in addition he was seen shopping at the Kourindou upon it's opening in 1996. When he died, he was quite missed, as you may expect the grimoire had gone missing.

“Mahesha Verma, 2008-2008. I'm sure you've heard of him? Died by setting certain flowers on fire, and receiving the wrath of a certain flower youkai? Not much is known about him as he only lived a very, very short time. And that is all, the next entry is you... Reina Roots, 2009 to an unspecified date. I of course hope it is longer than the record of twenty years.”

You sit back in your chair, doing your best to digest all the information. So every single owner prior to you has died, either by being killed or losing the grimoire, and interestingly those who lived longer all died when the grimoire vanished, as opposed to being killed by youkai. You knew the grimoire kept you alive, somehow, and you couldn't help but wonder how those before you had come to lose it. Still, aside from that Mahesha guy, it seemed they all did live for some years at least so you had time to try to figure all this out.

Akyu rose from her seat, rolling the scroll closed carefully, “Well then, thank you for your patience. I will send word when I discover more, I'm sure there's something in here about the grimoire... it was nice to meet you Reina, I do hope I will be able to see you again sometime.”

---

Well, you learned quite a bit didn't you?:
[ ] Guess you had better head home...
[ ] Don't get to see Keine much, why not ask her some things? (write-in)
[ ] You're already out and about, why not do something in the village? (write-in)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

Naming 'problem' fixed. Also, this update took a lot, lot longer then I thought it would. See if you can figure out where all the people are from!
>> No. 103124
[x] Guess you had better head home...

I wonder what happens in 20 years or so, since I doubt all of them would be so foolish as to pick fights with Youkai or set flowers on fire.

That and I have no idea of what to ask, and Reina does have a job to work on.
>> No. 103125
I have not even the slightest clue of the origins of those others, but it was an interesting read all the same.

[+] Guess you had better head home...
Finish Halloween prep.
>> No. 103142
[x] Guess you had better head home...
>> No. 103157
Wow. I have to say, I'm kinda surprised. Most authors don't pay attention to the time frame in which the barrier was created. Good job.
>> No. 103160
[x] Guess you had better head home...
>> No. 103180
[x] Guess you had better head home...
She just found out that her natural lifespan was cut off by sixty years... in the best-case scenario.
I think she oughta take some time to think for now.
>> No. 103185
[c] Guess you had better head home...

I'm getting more and more curious about the grimoire.
>> No. 103186
[x] Guess you had better head home...
>> No. 103189
[x] Guess you had better head home...
>> No. 103205
File 125787922644.jpg - (67.21KB , 400x513 , a3137e338c94420e4755ce657800f0d4.jpg ) [iqdb]
103205
[x] Guess you had better head home...

You say your farewells to Akyu, thanking her for her time and knowledge, she had certainly given you quite a bit of food for thought.

“Educational visit, wasn't it Reina?” asks Keine suddenly, walking by your side.

You manage a nod, your mind elsewhere at the moment, “Quite a lot more then I thought. I should've taken you up on your offer sooner.”

The schoolteacher shakes her head, “Don't worry about it. You came looking for knowledge right? Well, you wanted it now and you received it. I was a bit surprised myself at how educated Akyu was in all of this, I'm not nearly as good as recalling things as she is.”

“Did you know any of those men she mentioned Keine?”

“I probably did to be honest, but as I said my memory isn't nearly as great as her own. If you think it will help any, I will see if I can't dig up anything on them as well.” offers the youkai with a smile.

“Y-you don't have to go out of your way for my sake, you're busy enough trying to run the school!”

Keine frowns slightly, “Well, I suppose I am a bit busy but... it'll be fine Reina, don't worry about it. Maybe to repay the favor, you can try to help me in someway?” teasingly suggests the youkai laughing.

“I'll see what I can do.” you reply with a wink and chuckle.

The two of you eventually return to Keine's school, where the teacher takes her leave, stating she lives nearby anyway and she needed to get a few things. Thanking the youkai for her time, you bid her farewell heading straight back home. The sun was starting to set, and you guess it wouldn't be long before night would fall upon your new home of Gensokyo, still probably be best to get some work in before sleep.

Upon arriving at your house, you are surprised to see the lights on and the fire going – a sure sign someone had, as usual, helped themselves to entering your home uninvited. Opening the door, you immediately pick up on the scent of tea, and judging by the smell likely green tea, in fact the kind that Reimu often drinks.

“Ah, there you are Reina! Geez, keeping me waiting for hours while you go off and do who knows what.” complains the miko with a sigh.

“I apologize Reimu, but your visit is a little unexpected. Seems you made yourself right at home though, would you mind pouring me a cup of tea...?”

To your surprise, you see a cup of tea offered to you from behind, looking over your shoulder you see the smiling face of Aya, “Figured you'd want a cup. Have a good day out in the village then?”

Taking the offered cup, you take a seat at your kitchen table, “Very enlightening time out in fact, I wasn't keeping you two waiting that long was I?”

Reimu shrugs casually, “Only a few hours or so. I helped myself to some food, so I guess it wasn't such a bad thing...”

“I tried to stop her but, ah well you know... she's a bit scary when she gets hungry and all...” said the tengu with a nervous chuckle, “I bet you're wondering why we're here, huh?”

“The thought may have sprung to mind once or twice.”

“I'll be blunt about it Reina, I was wondering if you could spare the time to help me and Aya tomorrow. I think we've got a pretty good idea of where Genjii is but, well I guess we could do it ourselves but...”

“It's just we think Genjii might not leave that location, and it's only accessible to humans like yourself for a rather short timeframe... if you miss it now, it could be a month, months, or years until it'll be available again.” the tengu frowned, “Well, unless you could somehow get Yukari to do it.”

“I understand you're very busy as well, I saw all the stuff laying around, and I did make a visit at the mansion, so Sakuya told me all about your work. I do hate to ask this of you, but the window of opportunity is small. I know for a fact Genjii isn't going to leave by my word alone, he may have taught me to fly but he really has no reason to leave without a reason, and he's going to insist he meet you face-to-face.

“Look, to help make it up afterwords I'll do whatever I can to help! Even if all I do is stand around and hand you things, alright Reina? Heck, I'll even get Aya to help or anyone! I know I'm asking a lot of you...”

- - -

Reimu's request...
[ ] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
[ ] Politely decline her offer for help. It's flattering, but you'll be fine right?
[ ] Decline her help, insisting you just need to get the fairies to run delivery for you again
[ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Too busy, can't do it...
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 103206
[c] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
>> No. 103207
[T] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
>> No. 103209
[x] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
>> No. 103210
[x] You can't very well turn her down now can you?

Yeah, this should be helpful for various reasons, help ourselves and them at the same time.
>> No. 103211
[X] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
Reina's stronger than I thought. One'd think that the fates of the ones before her would, at least, scare her a bit.
>> No. 103212
[c] You can't very well turn her down now can you?

Let's just hope than when we do this it wont cut into the time we already set aside for that duel with Cirno..
>> No. 103213
[x] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
>> No. 103216
Adding to >>103211
[X] Warn the girls about your promise with Cirno and leave a note on the matter at your desk before you go.

I'm not sure if she can actually read but what else can we do?
>> No. 103222
>>103212
>>103216

I'd think there'd be a mental note of that already, and I wonder if this will be later today or tomorrow.
>> No. 103223
>>103211

Well, she knew even before this that everyone else that the previous outsiders with the book had died, some rather violently, and she already knew loosing the book would kill her. Not really much to be surprised at, really.

As for Reina dying in 20 years? I think it is a bit hasty to assume that with the rather limited information. Besides, Reina would be dead before then if she hadn't come anyway.
>> No. 103228
I've been wondering lately, just how old is Reina exactly? If it's been said already, I don't recall. does anyone remember?
>> No. 103229
[x] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
>> No. 103246
>>103228
19, obviously, since she's writefag's self-insert mary sue~.
>> No. 103252
[ ] You can't very well turn her down now can you?
>> No. 103262
File 125791951149.jpg - (43.56KB , 411x416 , 1215977408132.jpg ) [iqdb]
103262
>it's only accessible to humans like yourself for a rather short timeframe
>I did make a visit at the mansion, so Sakuya told me all about your work
>I know for a fact Genjii isn't going to leave by my word alone, he may have taught me to fly but he really has no reason to leave without a reason, and he's going to insist he meet you face-to-face.
This is the most retardedly contrived dilemma yet. In b4 Yukari shows up with three vaguely symbolic magical doors and we can only enter one of them before Ran-sensei comes out of nowhere and takes them away oh wait wrong story and that decides what route we're on or something.

Why is almost every choice about budgeting our time around work/training/errands? I already do that in real life. It's boring.
>> No. 103267
>>103262

I'll admit, I found that a bit off as well. However, until we find out the actual reason/situation, it is too early to made judgment. So until then, kindly shut up about things you think are going to happen. Just because you can't think of a legitimate reason, it doesn't mean there isn't one. Of course, if it does turn out to be bullshit, be my guest to make a ruckus.

As for the time management, I don't mind it too much. But then I also enjoyed Harvest Moon, which this CYOA greatly reminds me of. Its like a weird mix of harvest moon, animal crossing, and Touhou, and something else I can't put my finger on.

I look at it less as a story, and more like something I check every day to see what's going on. "Hey, I wonder what happened to Reina today". Very relaxing after stressing about coursework and stuff all week.

Except when idiots decide Reina needs to randomly walk into the Forest-of-Death(tm) with a steak taped to her chest. Retards.

That said, I wouldn't mind if the story skipped over work more often. I really think the "do you work now? <Reina restores furniture> what do you do now? " choice layout really slows things down. Especially since it happens pretty much every single in game day. Sort of a waste of an update, if you ask me.
>> No. 103278
>>103267
>I'll admit, I found that a bit off as well. However, until we find out the actual reason/situation, it is too early to made judgment.
Huh? I think you're missing my point. We have Reimu saying we have to hurry to visit an unspecified place which is going to become "inaccessible to humans" for a while for an entirely unspecified reason, and we definitely have to go because she knows "for a fact" that he won't take her word for it that there's a reason for him to leave wherever the hell he is. Either she's lying (poorly) to convince us to go, which doesn't seem like something she'd do, or this is terrible writing.
>> No. 103282
Amending >>103206

[ ] Other (write-in).

[ ] Not so fast. Are you just going to agree to help Reimu without having a second thought?
[ ] You have to know why Reimu wants you to come with her when she could have brought back Genji herself.
[ ] Ask Reimu if you can think about this, since chances are you'll end up hindering her work.

My best attempt, I think. Feel free to add or edit.
>> No. 103313
[ ] Other (write-in).

[ ] Not so fast. Are you just going to agree to help Reimu without having a second thought?
[ ] You have to know why Reimu wants you to come with her when she could have brought back Genji herself.
[ ] Ask Reimu if you can think about this, since chances are you'll end up hindering her work.

I think I heard that Krisslanza isn't 100% sure where the "go to genjii" option is going.
I'd like to see more of the relationship building between us, Marisa and Yuuka, instead of so much work, in the future.
>> No. 103348
>>103278

Hm, point taken
>> No. 103355
I apologize but the update is going to be delayed. I'm sure some of you have noticed but my writing has slowed somewhat, I'm going to start aiming for daily updates, two a day will happen more often during weekends or on particularly motivated days.
>> No. 103366
>>103355

Don't worry about it, it beats you burning out.
>> No. 103402
>>103355
As long as you keep on writing' it's fine.
Take care and all that.
>> No. 103539
File 125815699416.jpg - (60.59KB , 500x700 , 546d933b3740ee5377af1b4174af3f56.jpg ) [iqdb]
103539
[x] You can't very well turn her down now can you?

“Alright Reimu, you have a deal then. Miko's promise on all that help, right?” you say with a sly smirk.

She chuckles, rubbing the back of her head, “Y-yeah, of course! I know this was sudden and all, but thanks for accepting. I really don't know what I would've done if you said no...”

“Probably freak out, possibly broken something, and rant and rave about wasted time?” suggested Aya,

“I-I do not have an anger problem!” snapped the miko in a huff.

“I don't remember implying you do.” teased the tengu with a grin, “We'll come get Reina first thing in the morning then?”

“You two could stay the night, would save you both the trip in the morning.” you suggested, “I've got a pair of futons you could use, or well I guess we could all share my bed but uh... m-might be a bit cramped.”

Aya shook her head, “Afraid I must decline Reina, I need to go get a certain friend to help us with this little trip tomorrow morning. She's not as quick as me, so it'll take a bit longer then normal to get her over here, plus I need to help carry her things.”

“I'll take you up on that offer then if you don't mind Reina! I don't think I've had the pleasure of spending the night here before, plus you'll cook me something to eat too right?” asked the miko with a hungry grin.

You shake your head and smile helplessly, “Alright, alright. I'll make you something to eat tonight then Reimu, anything in particular?”

“Considering she lives almost entirely on a diet of rice, she'd probably love just about anything...”

“Hmph! I'm not a picky eater really, though if you don't mind going out and buying some things, I've been craving some pocky lately... I'm pretty sure the candy lady has some.” Reimu paused, rubbing her chin in thought, “Maybe some curry might be kinda tasty... but really, I'd be happy with whatever you wanted to dish up Reina.”

Nodding your head, you finish drinking your tea before getting to your feet, “I'll just need to get some work done, so how about you just make yourself at home Reimu? I guess you have to get going, Aya?”

“I guess I should get going, the sooner I bug her, the less time it should take me to get everything all ready. I'll see you two in the morning then, bright and early at the place Reimu?” asked the tengu, receiving a nod in return, “Alright, well you two don't get too comfortable with each other overnight! Hahahahaha~!” laughed the tengu as she departed.

Reimu frowned slightly as Aya departed, “Geez, wonder what she's implying there, huh?” the miko shrugged, “Well, you have fun doing whatever it is you do. Though, I guess I should at least watch since I'll have to end up helping you with this tomorrow, huh...?”

“It can't hurt to get the general grasp of things can it? I'll at least get you familiar with the tools for now, save me a bit of explaining tomorrow.”

~

After putting in a few hours of work, and preparing a few more pieces of furniture for delivery tomorrow, you had decided to go down into the village before it go too late to purchase some food to cook with. Reimu was your guest for the night, so it only seemed fitting you should at least try to cook something for her, and something a little bit different then the normal considering all the work she had gone through on your behalf on this Genjii business.

You hoped it wouldn't take too long, since you did have that duel with Cirno at around noon, of course that assumes she knows when noon is really... well, you're sure if Reimu was with you, she could excuse your tardiness if it came up. Not that you intended to be late of course!

Still, it was getting late and you could tell by some quick checking that stores were on the verge of closing. You had managed to grab the pocky before the store was closing, but you doubted you would have time to pick up a great abundance of food for tonight, you'd just have to pick something and see how much Reimu liked it! Not that you suspected she hated any kind of food, but why not try to see if you could surprise her with something she loved?

There was the matter of where she'd sleep for the night too...

- - -

What to buy, what to buy...
[ ] Well you've cooked yakitori before, and Reimu liked it!
[ ] You haven't done it before, but you're pretty sure you can cook up some curry and rice...
[ ] Easy way out and see if you can't get some sushi or sashimi or something?
[ ] Other?

O For the night:
[ ] Have Reimu sleep in your bed!
[ ] Set up a futon in the guest room
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

Updated delayed because last night, I ended up falling asleep all night long and I apologize. Also pick 1 vote from each category.
>> No. 103560
Before I forget, failure to pick an option for the nighttime portion means we'll just kick Reimu outside to sleep like a dog.

...

Just kidding. You'll just be leaving it up to chance then. Thought you may want to know this before voting go too underway.
>> No. 103569
[x] You haven't done it before, but you're pretty sure you can cook up some curry and rice...

-[x] Remind her that you arranged a duel with Cirno tomorrow afternoon.

O For the night:
[x] Have Reimu sleep in your bed!

Reina will be able to truthfully claim she's slept with some of most famous people in Gensokyo.
>> No. 103571
[x] You haven't done it before, but you're pretty sure you can cook up some curry and rice...
[x] Other?
-[x] Ask how she might prefer things.
-[x] Remind her that you arranged a duel with Cirno tomorrow afternoon.
-[x] Asks why Reimu wants you to come with her when she could have brought back Genji herself.

Her reasons seem too suspcious to me.
>> No. 103579
[x] You haven't done it before, but you're pretty sure you can cook up some curry and rice...
[x] Other?
-[x] Remind her that you arranged a duel with Cirno tomorrow afternoon.

O For the night:
[x] Have Reimu sleep in your bed!
>> No. 103583
[x] Well you've cooked yakitori before, and Reimu liked it!
-[x] Remind her that you arranged a duel with Cirno tomorrow afternoon.

O For the night:
[x] Other?
-[x] Ask how she might prefer things.
>> No. 103584
>>103571

chances are she promised him she wouldn't bug him again, and having Reina along means she wouldn't have egg on her face.
>> No. 103800
[x] Well you've cooked yakitori before, and Reimu liked it!
-[x] Remind her that you arranged a duel with Cirno tomorrow afternoon.

O For the night:
[x] Other?
-[x] Ask how she might prefer things.
>> No. 103873
File 125824552945.jpg - (273.83KB , 800x600 , e8ce00c625ada6d5bd6456ceb1c18412.jpg ) [iqdb]
103873
[x] You haven't done it before, but you're pretty sure you can cook up some curry and rice...
-[x] Remind her that you arranged a duel with Cirno tomorrow afternoon.
-[x] Ask how she might prefer things.

Heading down the street to the grocery store, you quickly purchase a bag of rice and find an easy solution to tonight's dinner – instant curry powder. While perhaps a bit overly simplistic, you had a rather good garden back home in which to spicen up tonight's meal, and besides you had always been a little curious as to how curry tasted anyway.

After purchasing the few ingredients for tonight's dinner, you promptly return home to find the miko lazily sprawled on the counter, reading one of the many Bunbunmaru's you had stored behind the counter. Upon hearing you enter, she casts a glance over at the bag in your hand.

“So what's on the menu tonight Reina?” asks the miko, sitting up on the counter, placing the newspaper away, “You really need to get a couch or something, and probably look into getting some better reading material then Aya's newspapers for reading material.”

Opening the bag to reveal the few supplies within, you shrug, “Curry and rice, I hope that'll be fine? And you might not like Aya's paper, but I don't think it's a bad paper...”

“Only because she isn't discreetly slandering you, or getting you all buzzed up on alcohol before interviewing you...” Reimu sighs and shakes her head, “she likes you or something, I swear.”

You shrug, “Aya is a nice pers – well, tengu I guess... point is she's nice. Anyway, I'll get started on dinner now.” heading into the kitchen, rummaging around for various cooking utensils, you note the miko patiently waiting at the table, “Ah yes before I forget, I have an appointment of sorts tomorrow at around noon with Cirno.”

“An appointment with Cirno? You mean a danmaku duel? With Cirno?” the miko looks like she's on the verge of bursting into laughter, “Geez Reina, sure wanting to get some real practice in eh? Guess if she beats you, I'll just have to work you ten times as hard!”

“Is Cirno just really that bad or something...?” you ask with a slight frown.

“She's a fairy Reina, fairies aren't good at anything. You'll find out yourself tomorrow, you shouldn't be late I don't think this whole thing should take very long... and anyway, if you end up late I'll excuse you or something. Cirno will understand if I'm involved.”

Nodding your head, you step outside for a moment to rummage about your garden to pick some various plants for the curry. When you return you add them to the curry mix, the rice almost done.

“So tell me Reimu, since you'll be staying the night would you prefer sleeping in the guest room, in your own futon, or uhm, well you can sleep in my room if you like?”

The miko pauses and rubs her chin for a moment, “I guess since you offered... I'll just take the futon. You're not a heavy sleeper are you? We need to head out pretty early, so if you're still sleeping, I'll just have to wake you up myself~.”

“I'll be up, don't worry about it. I'm a pretty light sleeper.” examining your cooking carefully, you nod, “Well looks like dinner is done. Enjoy Reimu!”

Dinner is mostly silent, aside from the miko's cheerful exclamations from the food and her compliments on your cooking. Reimu ends up eating the bulk of the meal single-handedly, which isn't much of a surprise all things considered, and heads upstairs to use your bath before heading off to bed. You use the little bit of time that gives you to do some touch-up work, before the miko announces her exit from the bathroom.

Once she frees it up, you take a bath yourself and get changed into your nightclothes before crawling into the warm sheets of your bed. It doesn't take long before you drift off peacefully into sleep.

~

Rather then be woken up to someone's voice, or the blare of an alarm, you instead feel the impact of something on your forehead. Yelping you sit up in bed and rub your forehead, cracking an eye open you see a rather annoyed looking Reimu by your bedside. Judging from the fact her hands were empty, she had probably hit you in the forehead with her fist.

“Ooooww... guess it's that time, huh?” you ask, glancing up at Reimu.

“Yup! Now get out of bed and get dressed, I'll be waiting downstairs, hurry up, hurry up!”

As you climb out of bed and hurriedly get dressed, you hear the miko's footsteps grow fainter as she heads downstairs. Once you're dressed, and you've made yourself look decent real quick, you head downstairs with the grimoire in hand. Reimu, more or less, pushes you out the door before scooping you up in her arms and floating up into the sky, slowly flying towards the Misty Lake.

The miko heads towards a seemingly normal looking island admist the lake, as she descends towards the ground you can make out Aya seated atop a rock, and in addition a short girl wearing a green cap with her hair up in pigtails, busily sorting through odd looking equipment.

“You're late!” exclaims Aya with a sigh, “Me and Nitori have been waiting so patiently.”

“The equipment isn't all set-up yet anyway Aya, so them being late just means less waiting for them.” points out Nitori matter-of-factly,

The miko glances over at all the various equipment with a frown, “Geez, how did you move all this here...?”

“It took a few trips, I had Momizi pitch in before she went to go visit some shrine or something.” answered the tengu with a shrug.

Looking over it yourself, you can't even place it, although you can make out what looks like some suits amongst all the stuff.

“Just what is all this...?”

Nitori pauses from her inspection to look at you, “All this? Well you see Genjii is under the lake, and none of you have the ability to breath underwater like kappa do. So you'll need this to get to Genjii without drowning!” the girl cocks her head to the side, “Ah, so you must be Reina then? The outsider? Nice to meet you, I'm Nitori Kawashiro, but you can just call me Nitori.” the blue-haired girl extends her hand towards you.

Shaking the kappa's hand, you offer a smile in return, “Nice to meet you, I guess you've heard of me from Aya?”

“More or less. She talks about you from time to time, and you were in her newspaper which she, more or less, delivers to all of us even when we don't want it.” answers the kappa with a shrug, returning to examining the various equipment.

“She doesn't want to admit it but, she finds you interesting Reina. Kappa have a fascination with outsiders like yourself, well humans in general, but you outsiders often have knowledge of technology and the kappa simply love it. In fact, they recently started making a uh... what do you call it...”

“Nuclear powered hot spring? That's an old project Aya, besides it wasn't too difficult with Utsuho's help. People seem afraid to use it though, so it's just kind of collecting dust, so to speak...” the kappa stood and dusted off her hands, “well, all the equipment is in good order. It should work just fine, of course I still need to actually get someone in one of the suits and do some testing before I'll know for certain...”

Walking over and examining the suits more closely, you can't help but notice they seem to be similar in design to more old-fashioned diving suits. They thankfully lacked the giant fishbowl helmets, but you had to guess this whole set-up was the kappa's version of diving suits.

“So we really need to use these?” you ask, picking up one of the suits and examining it.

“Unless you think you can hold your breath for several minutes or longer. While having to actually physically swim of course.” answered Nitori with a shrug, “There's only two suits anyway, just for you and Reimu. Aya will be staying up here with me since she doesn't like water in the least bit, and well, I don't need one but I have to stay here to monitor all the equipment.”

Reimu walks over to examine the gear as well, a noticeable frown on her face, “Geez, never thought I'd have to actually use kappa technology like this, you sure it'll work?”

“Of course it'll work!” snapped the kappa with a huff, “It's been tested before, though you two will be the first non-kappa test subjects and the suits are new since you can't fit into kappa-sized suits... but I'm sure they'll work just fine.”

“Very reassuring... well, guess we better get this over with.” answered Reimu, examining the suit more closely, “Just ah, how do we put these on exactly?”

The kappa sighed and shook her head, “Here, I'll show you... ok see you just need to do this, then this... you can change behind those rocks over there, then I'll get this all set-up then we can get this whole operation started.”

~

While you were a bit worried about leaving all your clothing (including your unmentionables!) in the care of Nitori and Aya, well mostly Aya, you had little choice when it came to putting the suit on. Aside from that little unpleasant thought, the whole thing didn't seem too unusual and even walking on the bottom of a lake, but still being able to breath didn't seem too odd. Reimu led the way, leading you to an opening at the bottom of the lake, and after a swim through a tunnel the two of you emerged in a cave under the water.

As you crawled out of the water and removed your helmet, you couldn't help but wonder why this was such an urgent thing.

“Hey Reimu, why did you need to get this done so soon? There doesn't seem to be anything special about this trip...”

“Isn't it obvious? It's getting cold, before long the lake would freeze over. I guess it'd still be possible to get here, if we broke through the ice, but I'm not sure how well these suits would keep us warm... plus there's the chance the hole would freeze back over and we'd be stuck.” the miko shrugged, “Maybe I was a little over dramatic but... come on, he's just inside here... or should be...”

You decided to not comment on the fact Reimu wasn't sure Genjii wasn't even here. Following the red-white further into the cave, it eventually leads into a smaller section with a small pond and the surrounding walls covered in various plants. Seated atop a stone near the lake was a giant turtle that sported a long white beard, he lifted his head to look at Reimu, then you, with curiosity.

“I never thought I'd be seeing you again child, and who is this stranger you bring with you?” asks the turtle, his tone slow and heavy.

“This is Reina, gramps. She's a well, friend, and I've been trying to teach her to fly but well...”

You didn't think it was possible for a turtle to smile, but you swear Genjii's mouth resembled one right now.

“And realized you cannot teach it? So you come to seek me out to do it instead.” the old turtle nods his head slowly, “I suspected you did not come to merely see an old friend.”

Genjii slowly lifted himself off the rock, floating mere inches above the ground as he neared you, floating up to be eye-to-eye with you. He squinted at you, as if studying you carefully.

“I see she has potential. I can see why you would want to teach her this as well, trying to get your own pupil are we child?” said Genjii, chuckling softly, “I would be delighted to teach the young girl, but for what reason should I do this? I taught you out of respect for your family, but this girl is nothing but a stranger and I cannot simply accept the reason of her being your pupil. She must prove to me in her own way, how she deserves me help.”

With a nod, the turtle floats back towards the ground and returns to his seat atop the rock, “So young one, speak and explain. Tell me why you wish to learn to fly, convince me and my teachings will be yours.”

- - -

Genjii at last!
[ ] Explain yourself child! (write-in)
[ ] Forget this, challenge him to danmaku!
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Reimu Hakurei
>> No. 103892
Waiting for a good vote.
>> No. 103898
I'll try thinking of something up, but let me ask the readers this.

How might we persaude the old turtle to lend us his assistance?

And on the danmaku duel end, do consider Genji's age, possible inability and the duel with Cirno ahead.

But I think the best route in pleading your case would be humility
>> No. 103939
>>103898
Because she'll take Reimu's place as an incident solver when she's gone? Nah, Reina isn't the type.

To not bother everyone? What does Genji care about that?!

Danmaku? Heh, it'll defeat Reina in 3 seconds.

...

I'm drawing a blank here folks.
>> No. 103943
>>103939

I think a humble approach would work best (considering perhaps Reimu was never the particularly humble sort)

[x] Explain yourself.
-[x] Humbly explain the fact you're from the outside and want to explore the potential within you.

I think this is our best shot.

As far as Danmaku goes, I'm worried about beating up on an old turtle.
>> No. 103944
[+] "I... I really don't know. I mean, I have this grimoire of Yukari's and it's what's keeping me alive, and I have a vague feeling that there's something I'm supposed to do in Gensoukyou, but I don't know what it is. All I really know is, I'm a squishy little human with some kind of potential in a land full of things that could kill me, and being able to fly like all my friends would really help me stay alive, and, y'know, get around better."

Best I could do. Feel free to alter it.
>> No. 103955
[x] Explain yourself.
-[x] Humbly explain the fact you're from the outside and want to explore the potential within you.
I'm going to go for this one unless something better comes up, plusfag's is IMO way too... wordy and has too much explaining, plus I don't like the wording.
>> No. 103956
File 125830628876.jpg - (54.83KB , 800x600 , 1236391602528.jpg ) [iqdb]
103956
[c] Explain yourself.
-[c] Humbly explain the fact you're from the outside and want to explore the potential within you.
>> No. 103958
>plusfag's is IMO way too... wordy and has too much explaining
I was kinda going for a somewhat confused and panicked state of mind, what with Reina being put on the spot like this all of a sudden.
>> No. 103966
[x] Explain yourself.
-[x] Humbly explain the fact you're from the outside and want to explore the potential within you.
-[x] You also don't want to be a burden on your friends anymore.
>> No. 103970
[x] Explain yourself.
-[x] Humbly explain the fact you're from the outside and want to explore the potential within you.
-[x] You also don't want to be a burden on your friends anymore.

This works for me.
>> No. 104047
File 125841752698.jpg - (72.59KB , 600x709 , 8922546c9b0851bfe77becf15f1a4a8f.jpg ) [iqdb]
104047
[x] Explain yourself.
-[x] Humbly explain the fact you're from the outside and want to explore the potential within you.

You hadn't really expected Genjii to actually question you on your intentions behind wanting to learn to fly, and the situation had caught you offguard. Still, you decided to just roll with it and took a few moments to collect your thoughts before speaking.

“I would have to say I want to learn because I'm not from Gensokyo, but yet I was told I have a lot of potential and Reimu has been helping me shape that into something useful. I've even had the privilege of dueling her and Marisa, but I guess I quickly learned a big factor in a duel is mobility and my lack of flight makes me a rather easy target.

“Danmaku aside, I guess I feel like a burden sometimes. Anytime I need to go outside the village, I practically need Reimu to carry me or to hitch a ride on Marisa's broom. I feel kind of guilty having to use them both in that way, and flying would certainly fix the problem.” you pause and shrug your shoulders, “I guess that's really it. I can't say I'm some kind of amazing hero or there's a life and death situation going in Gensokyo that needs my ability to fly or something, I guess it's a dull reason compared to Reimu when you taught her to fly?”

The turtle chuckled and shook his head, “Your reason was more interesting after roughly the first sentence. I do believe when she came to me, it was something along the lines of: 'Hey gramps, get over here so I can go fly and do my job.' or some such. She's not a terribly polite person.”

“It's not like I'm standing right here gramps.” mutters the miko with a sigh.

“I did not imply you could not hear me, maiden. But very well Reina, your offer seems sound enough and truth be told...” Genjii chuckles as he begins to float towards the exit of the cave, “I could do with some fresh air. I'll just be waiting for you both outside, I imagine those strange suits you are wearing is what let you find me?”

“You're a hard turtle to find Genjii. I couldn't hold my breath long enough without this.” you reply with a chuckle.

“I guess I'm not elusive enough. Still, it was a nice quiet vacation for a while, hohohoho...”

The turtle slips into the water and is quickly gone from sight, you and Reimu re-don your gear before heading back into the water and heading back to the surface, rejoining Aya and Nitori on dry land. Genjii merely waited patiently on a rock, from what you could tell the tengu was busy trying to interview the bearded turtle.

“Must you harass the turtle Aya?” you ask while shaking your head.

Aya offers you a slight smile, “Well Genjii hasn't been seen in years! No one's ever really got the chance to talk to him, or hear all the things he knows! This is something Reina!”

“She's quite the unique one, friends of yours Reina? Or are they perhaps Reimu's?”

“Well the one trying to interview you is Aya, she's a reporter. The girl in the hat is a friend of her's, Nitori.” you explain.
“Pleased to meet you mister Genjii.” says the kappa, busily packing up all the various equipment, “Guess the operation was a success huh? What would you do without my help eh?”

“Probably turn blue in the face and claw at our throats as we drowned, meeting horrible deaths at the bottom of the Misty Lake?” answered Reimu with a creepy grin,

“Well, that was a somewhat unexpected and disturbing response...” muttered Aya,

Casting your gaze skyward you note the sun is only starting to climb up into the sky, you probably have quite a bit of freetime until your arranged duel with Cirno. The whole Genjii thing had taken much less time then you thought, and Reimu had woken you up rather early in the first place. Today was off to a pretty good start, maybe you could go surprise Marisa or perhaps try to get a quick danmaku lesson in, after all maybe you could convince the ice fairy to let you use Genjii in the duel today...

- - -

Operation: Genjii, success!
[ ] Surprise visit to Marisa's!
[ ] Quick danmaku lesson before today's duel, need to get used to using Genjii.
- [ ] Question Genjii about anything? (write-in)
[ ] Offer to help Aya bring all Nitori's stuff back home?
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> Genjii has joined your party!
>> No. 104052
[x] Quick danmaku lesson before today's duel, need to get used to using Genjii.
- [x] Question Genjii about anything?
- [x] How was Reimu when she was younger?
- [x] Why did you decide to live in that cave?
>> No. 104062
[x] Quick danmaku lesson before today's duel, need to get used to using Genjii.
Later:
- [x] How was Reimu when she was younger?
- [x] Why did you decide to live in that cave?
>> No. 104064
[x] Quick danmaku lesson before today's duel, need to get used to using Genjii.
- [x] How was Reimu when she was younger?
- [x] Why did you decide to live in that cave?

Sounds good for now. If not for our duel, I'd have voted to help Aya move the stuff back.
>> No. 104090
[x] Quick danmaku lesson before today's duel, need to get used to using Genjii.
- [x] How was Reimu when she was younger?
- [x] Why did you decide to live in that cave?
>> No. 104117
File 125844049280.png - (479.97KB , 600x750 , 33ae988daa0f66b71ca49a1c1e55682e.png ) [iqdb]
104117
>“Must you harass the turtle Aya?”
What? No Genjii joke? I am disappoint.

[c] Quick danmaku lesson before today's duel, need to get used to using Genjii.
[c] Ask Genjii a few questions:
- [c] How was Reimu when she was younger?
- [c] Why did you decide to live in that cave?
>> No. 104205
Updated postponed until tomorrow due to a briefing taking up most of my freetime and cutting heavily into my sleep.
>> No. 104316
File 125859271646.jpg - (375.05KB , 1169x827 , 4aa43d9888bd86db50c7da6086a06747.jpg ) [iqdb]
104316
[x] Quick danmaku lesson before today's duel, need to get used to using Genjii.
- [x] How was Reimu when she was younger?
- [x] Why did you decide to live in that cave?

You still had some hours before your duel with Cirno, and you did just recently have your flying issue solved, but what good was it all if you didn't have any practice and blundered into Cirno's duel without any preparation?

“Ah Reimu, think you could spare some time for a quick lesson for me and Genjii?”

“My so soon? Have something coming up soon child?” asked the turtle, chuckling.

“She does have a duel with Cirno in a few hours gramps, I guess she would probably like to know how to fly... even if the fairy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, I guess being landlocked is a rather significant handicap.” pointed out Reimu, “Guess you should get a feel for Genjii, up for it gramps?”

“Reina's dueling Cirno today?” asked Aya, her voice heavy with curiosity, “I need to be able to see this! Ah, that is if you don't mind of course...”

“Hey uh, Aya you going to help me carry all this or not?” asked Nitori with a huff, lugging around a rather large looking piece of gear,

The tengu offered a quick apology before shuffling away, somewhat dejectedly, to start helping her kappa friend with packing up her equipment for transport. You and Reimu snuck off behind the relative cover of nearby objects in order to shed your suits and get dressed back in your normal clothing. Returning the still somewhat wet suits to Nitori, whom packed them away quickly as Aya busily began finding ways to carry the various amounts of stuff for transport, you were instructed by Reimu in the secret art of turtle flying use – that is stand on the turtle's back and don't fall off dammit.

You had thought standing on a sloped surface would actually be fairly difficult, but to your surprise you had little problem standing on Genjii's shell, at least while he was stationary but how did Reimu, or Genjii for that matter, expect you to stay on his shell during flight?

“Before you ask, no you shouldn't have to be flying on Genjii's back forever. But well, there's no way you're going to learn the art of flying in a span of a few hours, unless you're some kinda prodigy which, well... you aren't.” the miko shrugged, “So for now you'll just have to use his ability to fly, I'm sure you noticed it's not as difficult to stand on his shell as you imagine right?”

“I guess I did imagine it to be a bit more difficult, but how do you expect me to be able to stay on his shell while he's flying around? Or even control him during flight?”

“I was just about to get to that Reina. Well, as for staying on his back don't worry about that, I'm not sure how he does it exactly but his shell is fairly good gripping surface, so long as you can keep your balance you shouldn't have any problem staying on. As for control, the simplest way is to simply tell him but you shouldn't have too, he's got good experience in danmaku combat and, honestly, he probably knows better ways to maneuver around in a duel then you do. All you have to do is focus on actually winning the duel, let gramps handle the fancy stuff.”

“Pay attention and learn a thing or two child!” commented Genjii with a laugh, “Well, shall we attempt to perform a mock duel then?”

The miko nodded, some amulets suddenly appearing in her hand (you suspect they were hidden up her sleeve), “Of course. We'll keep it simple so you don't get too tired before your duel Reina.”

~

Wiping at your brow, you let out a breath. The miko had been true to her word, and while the mock duel was still rather intense (and you still lost) it wasn't too horribly exhausting. Leaning up against a rock, you had decided to take a short break here before heading back home. Aya and Nitori were practically done transporting all the stuff, you had suspected it had taken longer when the tengu insisted on snapping some shots of the lesson, and Aya had stated she'd be at your home within the hour to watch your duel with Cirno, though you hadn't ever agreed to let her do so, you didn't really see a problem with it.

Genjii lazily rested himself nearby, and you figured now seemed like a good time to ask him a few things, after all he had lived a long life and had known Reimu, or at least her family, for some time right?

Glancing around for Reimu, you move a bit closer to the old turtle, “Genjii, what was Reimu like when she was younger?”

“Hrm? Curious are we Reina? Well, I guess I can tell you some... you two seem to be rather close friends, and it warms my heart. She's always been a bit of a loner, as I remember her only friend as a child was the young Kirisame, although I would describe their relationship more as rivalry then as friends, like you two. What do you know of the Hakurei child?”

“I think I may have heard that they're important, but not too much beyond that really...” you admit with a nervous chuckle.

The turtle nodded his head slowly, “They have long served as protectors of Gensokyo, and are responsible for making it what it was today. The Hakurei created the border that separates us from your world, and they also help to maintain the youkai population and prevent it from growing too large. Reimu is the last of the Hakurei clan however, and for that I worry. You see, without a Hakurei the border's fate is uncertain, we are not sure if it will remain standing or if will simply collapse. While it's collapse should have no immediate ill-effect upon us, the transition should be catastrophic to your world as Gensokyo would, more or less, suddenly impose itself back upon it's old location possibly killing countless innocents, not to mention allowing the youkai to roam free again.

“Of course, with all your technology your world would be ill-suited to stop youkai, as I'm sure you know of their various abilities such as regeneration? Still, I ramble on now, you were asking of young Reimu, not of the workings of Gensokyo! As I said, she was always a bit lonely so it's nice to see her on such good terms with you Reina, I think she really needs some friends beyond the Kirisame girl, not that she's bad but well, even I haven't heard all the best things of her various... quirks. Hrm, I apologize, it is rude to talk of another in such a manner.”

What did everyone but you seem to know about Marisa anyway? Geez...

“Reimu always did idolize her mother however, as I recall she once attempted to dye her hair to match her mother's one time, but she didn't do too well and it and ended up having to get it dyed to her original hair color. Truth be told, I think she's probably still very distraught over the disappearance of her mother, though I'm sure you've noticed she's not one to often display much emotion.” Genjii paused, gazing out at the lake for a moment, “I will share you some stories of her first incidents if you like Reina, I do believe I can share at least one or two. However, they will have to wait for a later time as I need to think on them in order to remember them... you get a lot of knowledge in the old head in my age, hohohohoho.”

You nod your head, “Understandable. Well, here's a more recent question – why were you living down in that cave anyway?”

Genjii raised a bushy eyebrow, “It was a good place to stay. You didn't think there was some magical reason behind picking it do you? I thought it'd be very out of the way, so it'd be hard to disturb me but well I can see how that worked out. Though I guess I had a rather long, relaxing vacation before today so it worked out pretty well. Perhaps I should retire to Makai or something...”

Looking up at the sky, you note the position of the sun and get to your feet, dusting yourself off. Casting a look about, you spot the miko laying down on the grass near the shore of the small isle, you walk over to her and take a seat on the grass nearby. She cracks open an eye to look up at you.

“Have a nice chat with gramps over there?”

“Ah, could you hear us?” you ask worriedly, the miko nods her head in response, “S-sorry if you feel like I'm asking things behind your back...”

The red-white shakes her head, “No it's alright. I just... I don't try to think about mom too much anymore. I used to stay awake all night, wondering where she was, worrying... I was really lonely in those days, only having Genjii and Marisa for company, and it was mostly just Genjii since Marisa was always busy studying magic with her teacher.” Reimu's face seemed to blush slightly as she opened her mouth, “Do... do you consider me a friend Reina? Or am I just a mentor or something to you?”

- - -

What do you think of Reimu?
[ ] Of course she's your friend!
- [ ] Have you ever thought of her as more then a friend?
[ ] Well, I guess she's kind of your teacher and friend?
[ ] A mentor?
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail
>> No. 104321
[ ] Of course she's your friend!
>> No. 104322
[x] Of course she's your friend!
>> No. 104324
[x] Of course she's your friend!
>> No. 104334
[ ] Of course she's your friend!
>> No. 104336
[x] Of course she's your friend!
-[x] But you've also taught me so much!
>> No. 104338
[X] Of course she's your friend!
- [x] Have you ever thought of her as more then a friend?
>> No. 104351
[x] Of course she's your friend!
>> No. 104356
[x] Of course she's your friend!
>> No. 104357
Ugh. Screw it, harem route.

[X] Of course she's your friend!
- [x] Have you ever thought of her as more then a friend?
>> No. 104376
>>104338
>>104357

I think the reason why that was striked out was due to the lack of affinity points with Reimu as opposed to the two master sparkers. (Marisa and Yuuka)
>> No. 104391
>>104376

Vote the unvotable, etc. Not like I expect it to win.
>> No. 104396
>>104391

You'd be surprised how certain joke/non-options can take a life of their own. (Look at what happened when Taisa had "Mana Transfer" as a joke choice. Anon went with it all the way)
>> No. 104406
>>104396

I really probably should get around to reading that story
>> No. 104415
>>104376
It's a completely valid choice. I just struck it out because well... no real reason. If I put it down as a 'default' it's very much a valid vote choice.

Just throwing that out there.
>> No. 104421
[X] Of course she's your friend!
- [X] Have you ever thought of her as more then a friend?

Harem route, yeah~
>> No. 104458
Voting extended until tomorrow. I apologize for the recent delays in updates, just been having a few bad days lately.

I'll do my best to make up for the lack of updates lately this weekend.
>> No. 104465
[+] Of course she's your friend!
-[+] But she's also taught you so much!
>> No. 104467
[+] Of course she's your friend!
-[+] But she's also taught you so much!

As much as the "maybe more than a friend" option interests me, we already have Marisa and Yuuka as potential future lovers, which is more than enough to make me happy.
>> No. 104577
I'm taking the sub-options into account this time, and we have a split tie. Update was held off hoping for a tie break sometime, but well I've waited too long as is.

Voting closed, and writing commencing.
>> No. 104595
File 125882575310.jpg - (107.39KB , 500x600 , be4c9329e7e6be2eb1961e45166da7f3.jpg ) [iqdb]
104595
[x] Of course she's your friend!
Was Reimu your friend? You never had a reason to not think of her that way, but at the same time she wasn't just a friend exactly - she had taken time to mentor you and you did rather look up to her in some regards. Though at the same time, was she just a friend and mentor? You had never really given much thought to your relationship with Reimu before, and her questioning of it had given you some pause to reflect upon it. Still, while you weren't certain if she was just a friend, you knew she certainly was one.
Offering the red-white a reassuring smile, you nod your head, "Of course I do Reimu. If you weren't my friend, would I go out of my way to make sure you're fed once in a while?"

“H-hey I eat perfectly fine without your help Reina! Though, I guess your food is kind of a nice surprise and... ahem! W-well, now that we have that all cleared up...” Reimu coughed into her hand before distancing herself from you for a moment, “ready to get going back home then?”

“Sure. Guess I do need to get heading home, wouldn't want to be late to my duel with Cirno, eh?”

The miko shook her head, “Geez, still such a surprise you accepted a duel from her of all people... well, whatever guess you better not be late! You uh, don't mind if I hang around for lunch or something, right...?”

~

Reimu sat behind you, a plate of curry in one hand and a spoon in the other, as you did your best to focus on your work. It was true that she had promised to help, but as you had expected, she proved only a bit more useful then fairies – well she was at least much better company and able to learn to do rather simple things, but the bulk of the work was still all on your shoulders. And you didn't exactly have an abundance of time until Sakuya's deadline...

Eating a spoonful of rice and curry, the miko points in your general direction with the spoon, “So you've been doing this for a living all your life or something?”

“Well no, not my whole life. I didn't really have many talents when I was younger, I think I started doing this around, oh...” you pause, frowning as you try to recall the memory, “I... I can't seem to remember actually. In fact, now that you've made me think about it, I can't seem to remember a lot of things from before Gensokyo. Odd, maybe I'm just trying to learn too many things right now to recall it.”

“You have been putting quite a bit on your plate.” pointed out Reimu, “Danmaku lessons, now flying, all these jobs, cooking... you're quite the worker, Reina.”

“Anyone seems like a worker compared to you, Hakurei.” commented a voice from behind, a hint of teasing in the tone.

Looking over your shoulder, you find the silver-haired maid leaning against the doorframe, a slight smirk on her face. Removing your glasses, you place them on the table and offer Sakuya a welcoming smile.

“What brings you here Sakuya? Although I suspect I have a feeling I already know.”

“I merely thought I should check on you miss Roots. Not to sound demanding, but the deadline set by Lady Remilia is starting to draw a bit near.”

You nod your head and gesture about the room, “I'm doing my best Sakuya, do understand. There's just a lot of work, under normal circumstances all this would probably take a team of people to do, and you've only got me to do it really.”

“Don't misunderstand my visit miss Roots, I understand you're doing everything you can to finish on time, and I appreciate that. But well, you have to understand when I'm told to do something...”

“You just do it?” finished Reimu,

The silver-haired woman spreads her hands in front of her, “Essentially, yes. Perhaps I can see about lending a hand? I know this work is far beyond my area of expertise, but ah well, Lady Remilia was quite vague as to what I should do once I got here, and I always find it odd to just idle about...”

You open your mouth to respond to Sakuya, when you are interrupted by the loud cheer of a young girl. Next you know, you can hear someone pounding on the door and a voice loudly calling out your name in glee. Sighing, you shake your head as you slip past the confused maid to answer the door, as you had expected it was none other then Cirno. Judging by the sun's position the fairy was actually a little bit early, though you had to guess it was getting pretty close to the arranged time anyway.

“Well here I am! You better be ready for our duel Reina!” proclaimed Cirno loudly, patting her chest, “You're about to get beaten by the strongest in Gensokyo!”

“Geez, could you be any louder?” groaned the miko, casually walking into the room, still eating the plate of curry, “You didn't need to make such an obnoxious entrance you know.”

“I find myself in agreeing with Hakurei, although I have to wonder why the ice fairy is even here...?” muses Sakuya aloud, also joining you in the room,

Cirno's eyes seem to widen as she looks to Reimu, then Sakuya, before looking back up at you, “H-hey why are they both here!? Y-you weren't thinking of cheating and ambushing me, were you?!”

“No, no not at all Cirno! I was merely working and Reimu was already here, and Sakuya just kind of dropped by out of the blue...” you reply hastily.

The ice fairy stomped her foot on the ground, and folded her arms over her chest, “Well, if you say so! Guess they can just be witnesses to my victory today then!”

“My, my what is all this racket in here? Are all you youngsters quite this noisy?” complained Genjii, “Hrm? This would be that loud-mouthed fairy from the lake, wouldn't it? Did you happen to have an arrangement with her, child?”

“Actually I did have a danmaku duel arranged with her from yesterday, and actually Cirno you think I would be able to have Genjii assist me in this duel?”

The blue-haired fairy frowns, leaning over to get a look at the bearded turtle, “Two on one? What do you need him for Reina?”

“Well, you see I can't exactly fly, so he kind of uh does that for me?” you reply with a weak chuckle, “Figure it might help even out the playing field a bit...”

“Well, I suppose that's alright... wouldn't want people thinkin' I won just because you couldn't fly! I'll beat both you!” Cirno nodded to herself, “Alright, well you ready then Reina?!”

- - -

Cirno's duel!:
[ ] No sense in delaying, now is there?
[ ] Go all out! Danmaku, spellcards, whatever!
[ ] Better play it defensively...
[ ] Other?
[ ] You don't really have time for this...
[ ] Have Reimu/Sakuya (pick one) fill in for you instead
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + Reimu Hakurei
>> No. 104598
[x] No sense in delaying, now is there?
-[x] Offensive but not too risky until you learn Cirno's style.
-[x] Then take advantage of Cirno's openings with an all out assault.
>> No. 104599
[c] No sense in delaying, now is there?
-[c] Offensive but not too risky until you learn Cirno's style.
-[c] Then take advantage of Cirno's openings with an all out assault.
>> No. 104611
[x] No sense in delaying, now is there?
-[x] Offensive but not too risky until you learn Cirno's style.
-[x] Then take advantage of Cirno's openings with an all out assault.
>> No. 104616
[x] No sense in delaying, now is there?
[x] Go all out! Danmaku, spellcards, whatever!

Fuck caution.

No, seriously. Fuck it.
>> No. 104664
[x] No sense in delaying, now is there?
[x] Go all out! Danmaku, spellcards, whatever!

Danmaku is about power!
>> No. 104665
>>104664

We shouldn't take Cirno too lightly, sure she's a infamously easy boss to folks like Reimu and Marisa. Reina isn't one of the two.

And she does have Stamina issues (something i doubt the ever fight happy fairy has too much problem with)
>> No. 104667
It may be possible to syke her out though. The two spellcards we have are extremely different in nature. Mishap Sign looks scarier, but Apprentice Sign is probably the more effective one in duels. If one gets past Mishap, they might still underestimate Apprentice... particularly since it's supposed to be very 'innocent'. (Sickeningly so. The 'model' behind the card was a wooden toy box, varnished dark red. It safekeeps the sunlit, halcyon memories of childhood.)

The Stamina issues would be a bitch and a half to deal with though.
>> No. 104691
[X] No sense in delaying, now is there?

>Go all out! Danmaku, spellcards, whatever!
And then Reina was the baka.

[x] Better play it defensively...
>> No. 104697
Cirno's strength is the exact reason I say go all out right off the bat. We have poor stamina. She does not. We aren't experienced in danmaku. She is. Its not going to be US finding holes in her style, its going to be HER realizing we don't know what the hell we're doing and freezing us solid.

Never fight a war of attrition if you don't have the supplies to back it up. We will tire out first.

Not to mention that Reimu and Marisa have been going easy on us. Cirno likely will not, especially with Reimu and Sakuya watching, both of whom she has a history with.

And she has canonically beaten the heroines in two separate freaking occasions to boot. She might not be on the same level as Reimu or Marisa, but she's close enough to beat them on occasion. The same could not be said of us.

Unless this version of Cirno is very dumbed down, our odds are very low regardless of what we choose. We might as well try to overwhelm her before she gets in her groove. Might just get lucky.

No use saving our trump card until after we're on the ground shivering from a severe case of hypothermia and frostbite.

>>104691

Sometimes going in guns blazing is the smartest thing you can do.
>> No. 104698
>>104697

What this guy said.

[x] No sense in delaying, now is there?
[x] Go all out! Danmaku, spellcards, whatever!
>> No. 104699
>>104696

Going all out will exhaust Reina super fast, especially considering her apprentice sign card while powerful/clever is particularly draining (She won't have much else left after using it)

That and Reina's main problem isn't lasting in a normal fight as a player character, but dealing with her spell cards.

That and Cirno does history of having openings in her attacks, a far from Reimu's hardly flawed wide area attacks and Marisa's poweful frontal assaults.
>> No. 104700
>>104699

These fights are done like the fighting game, as I understand it. Meaning that we could win without having to face too many spellcards if we got lucky.

Normally I would be all for the defensive option or a careful option, but if you hesitate against someone much stronger than you, its a lot easier for them to overwhelm your defenses.

Plus, if we save our spellcard for when we're already weakened, we'll pass out and lose anyway even if it DOES hit her. Best do it early so we still have the strength to stand afterwards.
>> No. 104701
>>104700

Perhaps so, but I doubt Cirno's going to be as much of a challenge as Reimu and Marisa are (Main characters/ stage 4 bosses that are regarded as harder than Reisen, a stage 5 boss)

sure if we hit Cirno with apprentice sign, it'd be an easy win if it's just one round, but if it goes on into another round or another spell card, then Reina's going to lose due to how much that card takes out of her.
>> No. 104703
>>104701

You're right, Cirno likely won't be as hard as Marisa/Reimu, but we fought them when they were going very easy on us. And we couldn't touch them at all even then! I seriously doubt we're going to do well against someone who has won against them in serious duels.

Yeah, see that little ice fairy over there? She's going to make you her bitch. You might as well let everyone see how cool your spellcards are before she puts you on ice.
>> No. 104708
>>104703
Oh man, that's cold, chill up a bit will ya, it's like not losing to Cirno will freeze our paycheck or anything. Though Sakuya might well act like an icicle since she just told us we're running out of time, and here we are playing with ice cubes.
>> No. 104709
>>104708

That was the most awkward string of ice puns I've ever heard. Yet I still smiled.

God dammit.
>> No. 104774
[x] No sense in delaying, now is there?
-[x] Offensive but not too risky until you learn Cirno's style.
-[x] Then take advantage of Cirno's openings with an all out assault.
>> No. 104843
Update is in progress, sorry for the delay. I'm not very good at writing fighting scenes yet, and I feel I should stop omitting the entire fights.
>> No. 104952
File 125903126913.jpg - (76.68KB , 500x671 , 2292f40e1d41b3f33dce4f3802186d63.jpg ) [iqdb]
104952
[x] No sense in delaying, now is there?
-[x] Offensive but not too risky until you learn Cirno's style.
-[x] Then take advantage of Cirno's openings with an all out assault.

Gesturing over to Genjii, you nod at Cirno, “Yup all ready. What are the rules of the duel then?”

The ice fairy hovered above the ground, rubbing her chin in thought, “Well, let's see... I guess since you're kinda a newbie and... ok! One round duel, one spellcard each! Sound simple enough Reina?”

“Alright, sounds fair.” taking your place atop Genjii's shell you nod to the fairy, “Well, good luck Cirno.”

“Better keep all that luck for yourself Reina, you'll need it to beat the strongest in Gensokyo!”

~

While you knew Cirno was an ice fairy, you had no idea that also meant her danmaku was also ice in a very literal sense. Even grazing her shots left your skin feeling slightly numb with the chill of her ice, taking the time to get a feel for Cirno's danmaku style wasn't dangerous thus far but you were starting to feel a bit cold all over.

Still, without Genjii's flying ability (and frankly, handling most of the grazing business himself) you probably would've hit the ground a long time ago and be rushed back inside to be warmed back up. Of course, if you kept just grazing her shots looking the right chance to strike, you'd probably end up going numb with cold and losing your grip on Genjii.

“If you're going to do something, you had best do it soon child. I don't imagine you'll be able to keep this up much longer, will you?” points out the bearded turtle.

“I know, I know I'm just waiting for the right moment...”

Fishing about in your pocket, you keep an eye on Cirno's movements occasionally distracting her with your own danmaku as you quickly decide which spellcard to use – finally deciding upon your first, trusted card. You knew it would exhaust you when you used it, but you'd just have to hope it overwhelmed the ice fairy before you lost consciousness, or got hit in the face by an icicle.

And there it was, your opening. As the ice fairy launched her next volley of danmaku, you waited until they just passed a point before lifting the spellcard above your head.

“Apprentice Sign, Treasure Box of Memories!”

Just as the first time you had used the card, it felt like something large and come and jammed its fist into your gut, then followed up with an uppercut. The wind knocked out of your body, you could only fall to a knee on Genjii's shell, gasping for breath as sweat began to form and roll down your face. Lifting your head to look at Cirno, you could see the look of confusion on the fairy's face as your card began its work.

Hopefully she wasn't nearly as good as Reimu in discovering the tiny holes in your little trap, you wouldn't have the energy to fire much more danmaku after that. The red walls were formed, the golden bullets hovered just outside the perimeter. Cirno looked about in panic, her head darting in every direction trying to figure out a way through the multiple walls surrounding her. Then the walls started to collapse inwards, as the golden bullets darted into the box – the ice fairy could only stare in awe as the trap was sprung.

Genjii brought you back down to the ground, where you stepped off his shell and promptly collapsed onto the grass. You found yourself being quickly pulled off the ground by someone, and carried back inside. You weren't sure whom, but you could hear the sounds of Cirno complaining in the background. Once inside, you are carried upstairs and deposited on your bed, it's only then you note the one who carried you was Reimu, her expression one of concern.

“You alright Reina?” she asks with a frown.

“Just a bit tired, and cold is all. That card really takes it out of me, if I used it much later I think I would've passed out.”

The miko frowns, heading into the bathroom before returning with a damp towel and using it to dab at some of the sweat covering your face, “Geez, you have to work on that or you're going to really hurt yourself one of these days Reina. Or worse, you'll use it on something you're not engaged in a friendly duel with and end up eaten, or worse.”

“What could be worse then being eaten?” you ask with a frown.

“This is Gensokyo Reina, it's full of all kinds of things and there are fates worse then death you know.”

“Cirno is not pleased with the outcome of that duel.” states Sakuya, entering your room, “I do believe she thinks you cheated her miss Roots. I must confess I've not seen a spellcard work like that before, and judging from your reaction it must really take something out of you.”

Attempting to sit up and face the maid, only to be pushed back down onto the bed by Reimu, you settle for merely turning your head in her direction.

“It's a bit exhausting yes, and I have to apologize... looks like Reimu isn't letting me go anywhere without some rest first, so I'll have to get back to work once she lets me get up and get to it.”

“Don't trouble yourself, while the deadline is getting a bit close I don't imagine you'll have any difficulty finishing in time miss Roots.” the maid fishes about in her uniform, before pulling out a pocketwatch, “I still have some rare freetime on my hands, while I can't help you with your work, is there anything you need done in the meantime?”

- - -

Reina wins! FINISH HER
[ ] Need Sakuya to do anything for you? (write-in)
[ ] Rest up and thank Reimu?
[ ] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel? (write-in specifics?)
[ ] Work can wait a little bit go do something? (write-in)
[ ] Other?

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + + Reimu Hakurei
> + Sakuya Izayoi
> - - Cirno

I apologize for all the recent delays in updates, I've been having a bit of difficulty sleeping properly and have become prone to oversleeping.
>> No. 104958
> - - Cirno

God dammit
>> No. 104959
>Genjii brought you back down to the ground, where you stepped off his shell and promptly collapsed onto the grass. You found yourself being quickly pulled off the ground by someone, and carried back inside. You weren't sure whom, but you could hear the sounds of Cirno complaining in the background. Once inside, you are carried upstairs and deposited on your bed, it's only then you note the one who carried you was Reimu, her expression one of concern.
>You alright Reina?” she asks with a frown.

I love this Reimu.

[ø] Need Sakuya to do anything for you? (write-in)
-[ø]I don't think we had lunch yet. Perhaps Sakuya can cook up something for us and the other guests?
[ø] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
[ø] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[ø]"I'm a little cold... Can you umm... help me warm up...?"

I have no regrets.
>> No. 104960
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 104961
[c] Need Sakuya to do anything for you?
-[c]I don't think we had lunch yet. Perhaps Sakuya can cook up something for us and the other guests?
[c] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
- [c] ...and apologize while we're at it.
[c] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[c]"I'm a little cold... Can you umm... help me warm up...?"
>> No. 104962
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 104983
[0] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[1] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[2] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[3] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[4] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 104989
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 105001
[x] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[x] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.

Nice Reimu is nice.

changed my vote to work in some good points.

>>104958
Yeah we seemed to have over did it.
>> No. 105006
[x] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[x] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.
>> No. 105011
[x] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[x] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.
>> No. 105015
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 105042
[X] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[X] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[X] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[X] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[X] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[X] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[X] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.
>> No. 105056
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 105070
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 105089
damn, the other bandwagon is so Cirno-centric, and doesn't pay much attention to the others.
[R] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[e] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[i] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[m] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[u] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[!] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[!] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.
>> No. 105090
[X] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[X] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[X] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[X] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[X] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[X] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[X] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.

There are more people here than Cirno.

Also, I want Reimu to climb into bed with Reina in order to warm her up.
>> No. 105091
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
>> No. 105096
>Vote designed to appease Cirno
>Vote that includes the above in full, as well as additional interaction with other characters.
>People still voting for the former over the latter.

What.
>> No. 105097
>>105090
I'm not sure if people are voting for the other options because they don't like Reimu, or they are just bandwagonning without paying much attention to what they are really voting on. Or perhaps its for a reason unknown to me.

I voted >>104959 since I like how Reimu has been opening up a little towards us, and also it's just so nice to see her caring about us.
Marisa is nice as well, but she already has Alice

On another note, >>102014 >picture
thumbs don't work that way.
>> No. 105098
[X] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[X] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[X] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[X] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[X] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[X] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[X] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.
>> No. 105099
[x] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[x] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.
>> No. 105100
>>105094
The other vote (ask her to help you warm up) has the same intent as yours.

But I suspect omitting it might be a case of perhaps blind copy pasta. That or certain groups wanting to prevent a new arrival. But chances are it's the former. (the certain groups would sooner consider each other a threat before Reimu)

And Nice Reimu is nice.
>> No. 105105
>>105100

Or there's the obvious choice that the people voting for >>104960 like it more than the other option.

There isn't always some insidious plan.
>> No. 105110
>>105105
There isn't much difference other than the fact that the other doesn't ask Reimu to help warm Reina up, that's the main sticking point, but the votes are very similar in nature otherwise.
>> No. 105145
File 125911529152.jpg - (150.31KB , 500x700 , e76b2aaac5c14a492347404654a9838d.jpg ) [iqdb]
105145
[x] Ask Sakuya if it isn't too much trouble to make lunch for all the remaining guests
[x] See if Cirno is still around and thank her for the duel?
-[x] Apologize and explain that it's your first card and it's quite tricky.
-[x] But admit that she wasn't an easy foe.
-[x] Promise you'll do better in the rematch.
[x] Rest up and thank Reimu?
-[x] Ask if she could help warm you up after the chilly encounter.

“I know it's your time off and all, but well I do have a number of guests, and if I'm confined to my bed like so...”

The maid smiled slightly, “You wish your guests to be fed miss Roots? Don't worry about it, I'll have something made in no time. Perhaps you would like your lunch in bed?”

“That would be delightful, if it isn't too much of a bother Sakuya. I'm afraid I don't have the selection of the mansion, but feel free to help yourself to the garden if you need anything fresh.” pausing a moment, you think on the garden itself, “A-actually, it occurs to me I haven't watered them either...”

“Lunch and a quick watering of the garden it is then, don't worry yourself.” the maid offered a curtsey, “Merely relax and get better.”

“Thank you Sakuya. May you see if you can convince Cirno to come see me for a moment? I'd like to speak to her.”

Nodding her head, the maid slips away her footsteps slowly dying off as she headed downstairs. You can hear a muffled conversation from downstairs, before you see a blue-haired head poke its way into view. She studies you carefully, before entering the room – you notice she's actually floating a bit off the floor, explaining how you couldn't hear her ascent upstairs or her walking to your room.

“What did you want to talk about?” asks Cirno, frowning slightly as she folds her arms across her chest,

You offer the fairy a smile, “About our duel today. From what I hear, you're not too happy with the way it turned out?”

“H-hmph! That spellcard you used, I've never seen anything like that before. It hit me so hard, I didn't even get to use my own spellcard or anything, how is that any kind of fair!?”

“I've been told it is a fairly difficult spellcard, it was actually the first one I developed when I was taught by Reimu. It might be very powerful but it's quite exhausting on me, if you couldn't notice I'm a bit confined to my bed at the moment by orders of doctor Reimu.” you chuckle.

“In all honesty, if you could've taken the hit or avoided it, the match would've easily been yours.” pointed out Reimu, dabbing at your forehead a bit, “Reina doesn't have much energy left after that spellcard, she couldn't even stand properly after using it.”

“You're a much better danmaku fighter then I am Cirno, I'm just a bit more lucky... and perhaps I have more powerful spellcards.” you shake your head and offer the ice fairy a smile, “How about we have a rematch one day? I'll do better and I'm sure you'll be even stronger by then.”
The ice fairy is silent for a moment, her expression one of rather deep thought, after a few moments her eyes light up and she nods her head vigorously, “Yeah! When we next duel Reina, you won't get lucky with that spellcard of yours! I'll make one ten times better, and it'll blow yours away! I'll show everyone I'm the strongest!”

You can't help but admire the fairy's enthusiasm and motivation, even if she seemed a little simple-minded on her goals, it was a rather useful trait to be able to dedicate yourself so fiercely to a goal. Maybe one day Cirno would end up being the strongest in Gensokyo, or maybe at least the strongest fairy in all of Gensokyo.

“That's the spirit Cirno. I'll look forward to it, Sakuya is making lunch for everyone, so if you want something special how about you ask her? Just tell her Reina said it's ok.”

The girl let out a cheer of joy as she quickly zooms out of the room, it isn't long before you can hear a muffled argument from downstairs. Laughing you shake your head, laying back in your bed as the red-white returns with a freshly dampened towel still dabbing once in a while at the sweat rolling down your face.

“Geez, when you get cold aren't you supposed to, you know, feel cold instead of being all sweaty all the time?” complains Reimu with a sigh, “You're going to need to take a bath at this rate, or you'll feel all sticky all day.”

“I'm sorry to trouble you like this Reimu, you don't really need to sit here and watch me if you'd rather go do something else...”

“N-no, I didn't mean anything by it I just...” she sighs and shakes her head, “nevermind. Really it's fine Reina, you know I just want to make sure you're fine. I'd feel pretty terrible if you got sick or something, and all it would've taken to prevent it was spending a few hours tending to you.”

“Thank you Reimu, you know it means a lot to me for you to go out of your way like this so much to take care of me.” you blush slightly, drawing the sheets a bit closer to yourself, “A-actually, uhm... it's a bit cold you uhm... t-that is if you want, would you maybe want to... help keep me warm...?”

The miko's reaction is immediate, her eyes widening in surprise. At first you think you've insulted her, or angered her, but you quickly realize as she stares at you in surprise, as a blush creeps onto her face. She coughs into her hand, looking away from you a moment in an attempt to hide the reddening in her face.

“W-well, if you offered I... I guess I could do that. You better not get me sick Reina!”

Reimu lifted up the sheets of your blanket a bit, nervously climbing into your bed. She carefully draws herself close to you, where you can feel her pressing herself against your back, her arms lightly wrapped about your waist. With her so close, you actually can feel she's rather warm – in addition you can feel her slow breathing on your neck and the pounding of her heart in her chest. Was she really that nervous about this? Sure, it was a little... awkward being so close to her, but your heart didn't seem to feel like a jackhammer.

“T-thanks Reimu... you're pretty warm, you know that?” you say, breaking the uneasy silence in the room.
The miko doesn't respond, but you swear you can feel the heat coming off her body raise a few degrees and she nods her head. You feel rather relaxed in Reimu's gentle embrace, and you're finding it rather hard to not just drift off to sleep... until you hear a startled yelp, and the warmth draws away from you. Snapping your eyes open you see Sakuya standing in the doorway, wearing an amused smile on her face. Reimu, meanwhile, has drawn away from you and her face is a dark shade of red.

“My, my, my, I didn't know you and Reina were quite so close Reimu! The two of you looked rather sweet.”

“I-it's not like that!” stammered the miko, trying to hide her face underneath the sheets, “She was just cold, so I was warming her up! Got to make sure she's not sick or anything, right!?”

The maid chuckles and shakes her head, “Is that so? I'm not sure Reimu, it sure looked like you were enjoying being so close to miss Roots, and if I must say so, miss Roots seemed like she was enjoying it as well. Almost drifted off to sleep.” Sakuya laughs and places a stand-up tray on the bed in front of you, “Here you go miss Roots, I took the liberty of making you some soup. Although, perhaps some spaghetti for the two of you to share, may have been a bit more appropriate?”

- - -

Caught in the act!?
[ ] Scold Sakuya for her teasing?
[ ] The two of you aren't like that at all! Reimu is nice and all but...
[ ] You're not interested in Reimu at all, why would she think such a thing!?
[ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] M-maybe Sakuya is right...?
[ ] Don't admit it outloud, of course.
[] Other? (write-in)
[ ] FREAK OUT. EVERYONE GO AWAY NOW.
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o “Gensokyo” Grimoire
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> + + + Cirno
> + + Reimu Hakurei
>> No. 105155
[x]Sakuya should also help warm you up.
>> No. 105156
[x]Sakuya should also help warm you up.
>> No. 105158
[ø]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[ø]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

>Cirno +++
phew
>Reimu ++
( ゚ ヮ゚)

>>105155
Sakuya is probably too perfect and elegant for that
>> No. 105160
[X] Sakuya should also help warm you up.

>>105158

Sakuya is too airheaded and moe to do anything other than join in.
>> No. 105162
[x] Scold Sakuya for her teasing. But...
[x] M-maybe Sakuya is right?
-[x] Don't admit it outloud, of course.

>Cirno --
>Cirno +++
Nice touch. This is how fairies are: from dawn to dusk in a second.
>> No. 105164
[x] Scold Sakuya for her teasing. But...
[x] M-maybe Sakuya is right?
-[x] Don't admit it outloud, of course.

Asking Sakuya to join us is just stupid.
>> No. 105165
[x] Scold Sakuya for her teasing. But...
[x] M-maybe Sakuya is right?
-[x] Don't admit it outloud, of course.
>> No. 105203
[x] Scold Sakuya for her teasing. But...
[x] M-maybe Sakuya is right?
-[x] Don't admit it outloud, of course.
>> No. 105204
[x] Anemia is always an option
>> No. 105206
[+]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[+]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

I like this one better.
>> No. 105236
[X] Sakuya should also help warm you up.
>> No. 105237
[0] Scold Sakuya for her teasing. But...
[1] M-maybe Sakuya is right?
-[2] Don't admit it outloud, of course.
>> No. 105241
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

This sounds good to me, and I'm sure we'll get more Marisa and Yuuka time around the big day.
>> No. 105244
[x] "Oh ho, someone is envious of Reimu, well, since you're so desperate, jump in, there's enough room in the bed for three."
>> No. 105251
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

>delicious Reimu
>> No. 105255
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.
>> No. 105261
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

Suddenly, Harem/Reimu route.
>> No. 105265
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.
>> No. 105271
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

I am liking this new direction.
>> No. 105296
[c] Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[c] Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

Works for me, I think.
>> No. 105299
[x]Don't dwell too much on Sakuya's comments and thank her for the food. This is nice, being so close to your friend: enjoy the moment, the warmth, the strange fuzzy feeling deep inside of you. Perhaps, take a nap with Reimu after having your lunch.
[x]Dream Sequence: of warmth, tranquility and a certain strange, fuzzy feeling.

Nobody else said it, so I don't know if either everyone got it and assumed that everyone else did as well, or it went completely over everyone's head or what, but:

>Although, perhaps some spaghetti for the two of you to share, may have been a bit more appropriate?”
...I see what you did there.