[Return]
Archived Thread

File 125677586737.jpg - (81.20KB , 640x640 , bf99d73daf67d82449e46bf7b24eeb3a.jpg ) [iqdb]
101333 No. 101333
Continuation of >>100136

Patchy seems to end up as the OP picture for half the threads, somehow.

Also, coffee does not appear to be a proper substitute for sleep. Unhappy with this update, etc.

---------

"Well..." Ah well, might as well come clean; after all, if you can't trust Patchouli of all people, then who can you trust here in Gensokyo at all? Flan's already going to be expecting an appointment with Eirin, so there's no use keeping tonight's incident a secret anymore, now is there?
"...Yes and no. Rumia bit me after school yesterday; apparently, she's trying to sabotage my relationship with Flandre, or something."

"I see. I assume most of the injuries were caused by Flandre, then?" You nod, a little unsure of how Patchouli might interpret this. She doesn't seem the type to jump to conclusions or freak out over things like this, at least from what you can tell... Granted, it's hard to tell -anything- when it comes to her; the statuesque, unchanging expression on her face showing no emotion, not a single hint at her inner thoughts. The only signs of life in the unmoving sorceress are her eyes, glinting in the sunlight from the window behind you, as she stares at your hand pensively, arms crossed.
"Hm. Perhaps she should be-..."

"Hey, she didn't mean it... She was asleep at the time." The implication hits Patchouli immediately, her face abruptly turning awfully grim for just a second or two, before returning to its natural state once again.

"...I see."

"...Why are you looking at me like that?"

She's starting to seem somehow... You can't put it into words. Is there a word for a look somewhere between 'angry' and 'incredulous'?
"So... After the first time you slept with her and she bit you, nearly getting you in serious trouble with Remilia... You simply went and slept with her, again. And she bit you. Again."
Starting to feel a little nervous, you just respond with a stupid smile and a nod, before she walks up to you, leaning close to your face and staring you right in the eye for a moment; and then right in the other one, before pulling back and rubbing her chin in thought, eyes wide and mouth contorting into an impossibly pronounced frown. You don't think you've ever seen her like this, before.
"Could you possibly be... an imbecile? Or is there some sort of sensible cause for your utter lack of common sense? Please, explain your illogical behavior to me, for it is completely beyond my comprehension."

"Well, uh, I..."

"You know what... I do not even wish to hear it. Just tell me about what happened." You nod, and promptly proceed to detail to her the events of last night; leaving out the leg-humping bit, considering it to be rather unnecessary for her to know. As much as you like Patchouli, from the sounds of it she still considers Flandre somewhat dangerous; let's keep things on a need-to-know basis, shall we? Besides, telling the woman you lost your virginity to two days ago that another member of the household she lives at masturbated herself with your leg the night after would just be taunting fate; and fate's been more-or-less kind to you so far, hasn't she? You've managed to survive two weeks in Gensokyo, alive and kicking. Each time you find yourself in trouble, either through sheer willpower and determination, the help of others, or pure blind luck, you've struggled yourself out of the mess. Best not to test your fortune, considering it might run out at any moment, right?

"I see. Well, it seems she had at least been suppressing her... urges... when she smelled your blood in her conscious state. Keep in mind that she is not actually aware that vampires are meant to feed upon humans, so..."

"...Speaking of which. Are you sure this isn't going to affect me, somehow?"

She nods without hesitation.
"If you wish to hear my own theory on the transmission of vampirism... It is a sort of oral blood transfusion process, as nonsensical as this sounds. I can only assume the processes which alter the body of a vampire also accommodate it for-..."

"Er, transfusion?"

"Yes. Essentially, to transmit vampirism, a vampire must feed upon a human, mixing their blood with her own, and also allow the human to drink this mixed blood at a later time from the vampire's own veins. Eventually, the human's body begins accepting the vampire's cells, and mimicking them, gradually transforming the human into a vampire as well. This is a repeated process that can take a very long time, depending on compatibility, so... Her feeding off you a few times will do nothing to your body, aside from the usual temporary side effects from a bite." Well. This all sounds pretty wild and crazy, but you do your best to suppress your disbelief. On the upside, this seems to mean you're still one hundred per cent human, right? Yay~

"I guess that's a relief to hear, then... Er, she's not going to get into any trouble for this, is she? I'm willing to take full responsi-..."

"Of course you are willing. I would not expect any less from you." This doesn't sound like a compliment nor praise, not with that tone. She sighs quietly, shaking her head.
"I will keep an eye on her, just in case. It would be troublesome if this became a recurring incident... Not only for you, but for everyone. Should she happen to feed while awake, we could potentially have a dire situation on our hands. So, please... Try not to inadvertently cause a catastrophe with your carelessness."

"Gotcha..." As if to show that she's not too upset with you, she lightly pats you on the head. A little awkward and embarrassing, sure, but it feels kind of nice, doesn't it?

"You should head back to the auditorium. This will remain between us for now, alright?"

"T-thanks!"

She almost smiles.

...

Keine's back for art history, looking somewhat better, though still rather tense, repeatedly asking the first-years to quiet down whenever their incessant babbling becomes too loud. And you thought Japanese schools were more disciplined... Oh, and speaking of returning characters, Remilia seems to have crawled her way to school, too! You only say 'crawled' because she looks like a total mess, her eyes not even noticing you as you passed her with a friendly wave, her hair unevenly brushed, strands sticking out here and there randomly, winges drooped downwards. For a moment, you almost figure she's asleep with her eyes open.

"Hey..."

"Hmm?" You turn your head to face Flandre, the look of sad concern on her face rather poorly hidden.

"That was a very long bathroom break..."

"Ah, well... I must've drunk a lot more this morning than I thought, heh. Sorry about that!"

She smiles at you as a response.
And yet, something about her smile seems... off.
Distorted.
Broken.
You can't put your finger on it.
It's like a reflection in a shattered mirror.
And then she opens her eyes.
Her pupils have become slits.
Her gaze feels cold.
Her eyes are narrowed, her eyebrows relaxed.
And she speaks slowly, articulating every word perfectly, each syllable piercing your senses like a knife, her unnaturally calm voice twisting the blade.

"I'm not that naive."

"F-Flan? I told you, I-..."

"THAT'S A LIE!"

Everyone in the auditorium - save for Remilia, who seems to have passed out - turns to face you and Flandre, staring curiously, wondering about the cause of her sudden outburst in the middle of class.

"...Miss Scarlet, is there a problem?"

"No, miss Kamishirasawa. I'm sorry, miss Kamishirasawa." The politely bows, a light smile once more spreading across her face; Keine seems to be adequately placated by this act, the only hint at the spike in her headache that Flandre's voice caused being a lingering frown, as she turns back to the blackboard.

Jesus Christ that was spooky.

Luckily, the lesson is over in a matter of minutes after that, and Flandre excuses herself to go to the bathroom, still smiling and acting perfectly gentle as before. So what was that about during the lesson? Ah, wait, if the younger sister left the scene, then that leaves you with...

*tug*

You feel a familiar, light pulling on your sleeve, although you tend to associate such a thing with Flandre rather than Remilia; yet, sure enough, it's the elder sister tugging on your shirt, trying to attract your attention.

"...Er, good to see you again, Remi. You look very, ah... You look well, today."

She doesn't seem amused, but nor does she seem to be upset with you - a welcome change in her mannerisms, although it's a little unsettling to see her like this. While there are obvious health benefits to not having her pin you to the ground in a fit of overreaction, or playing bad jokes on you, this serious, exhausted look doesn't suit her.

"...You wanna go for a walk?" Even her voice sounds lethargic. Quite jarring, really, compared to her usual superior, energetic manner of speaking.

"Er, sure..." Well, what can you do but agree? The two of you head outside the building, over to the usual tree; does she like coming here for some sort of sentimental value, or for the shade? Before you can ask her this question to break the uncomfortable silence, she sits down - well, more accurately, she -slumps- down - against the tree, prompting for you to do the same as she asks a question of her own.

"So, ah... What have you been up to? Did I miss anything?" While this would normally be a pretty normal thing to ask for a person after having been absent from school, there is an indescribable dread plain on her face, in her voice, as if she's afraid of the answer.



[] Sit next to her.
[] You'd rather stand.

[] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[] Not much.
[] Not much. Just chasing after a rampaging Flandre, trying to keep the damage and body count to a minimum, the usual.
[] i fucked you're touhou
[] (Write-in option for wording purposes, etc.)

[] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.

>> No. 101335
File 125677657831.jpg - (141.42KB , 800x1131 , 125675064179.jpg ) [iqdb]
101335
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] (Amused tone) Not much. Just chasing after a rampaging Flandre, trying to keep the damage and body count to a minimum, the usual. (Chuckle, as if to show her that her fears have no foundation)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing. (We owe her this much at least)
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait. (You remember, let her know that)

I'm sorry, but they all seem good. If there is a limit to the choices, please say so and I'll vote again.
>> No. 101338
[x] You'd rather stand.
[x] Not much.
[x] Ask her how she's doing.
>> No. 101341
>>101339
She's too out of it to give a fuck.

Rather not do it when she's energetic.
>> No. 101343
>>101341
Alternatively, she could be too out of it to keep from cracking entirely if we reveal this to her right now.
>> No. 101350
>[] Sit next to her.
Then Flandre finds us getting close to her sister. We can't run in time; she pins us against the tree, strangles us, makes a scene, gets in trouble.

I'm not sure about a bad end, but being on alert and keeping your distance from others when Flandre is starting to go psycho would be a good idea.
>> No. 101351
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.

Well that didn't go well... let's hope that we didn't damage things too badly with Flan then... since there's a limit to how much we can keep on avoiding things with her.

Sooner or later we will have to tell her the truth.
>> No. 101352
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101353
>>101350
>Then Flandre finds us getting close to her sister. We can't run in time

If Flandre snaps, standing up won't give much more chances of escaping. Same thing if Remilia doesn't take it well.
>> No. 101357
>>101351
Which is why it would be a good idea to tell her now, if she's already expecting it, which would explain the dread expression on her face, her reaction will probably be more thought out that if we tell her in an other situation.
>> No. 101362
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101363
[X] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[X] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[X] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[X] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.

I guess we can tell her while she's drugged up. I'd like to leave out the leg humping though.
>> No. 101367
[X] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[X] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[X] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[X] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101371
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{x} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101374
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101375
>[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
>(Optional)
So.... It's up to Taisa if he wants to ask Remi how she's doing?

[X] Sit next to her.

[X] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{X} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[X] Ask her how she's doing.
>> No. 101377
[X] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[X] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[X] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[X] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.

Poor little drugged up vampire.
>> No. 101379
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{x} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x]Ask her how she's doing.

She's still our friend.

Also, damn it, I wanna see Flandre go berserk. Stop teasing it Taisa.
>> No. 101382
>And then she opens her eyes.
>Her pupils have become slits.
>Her gaze feels cold.
>"THAT'S A LIE!"
Isn't there a Flandre version of the USO DA thing kicking around somewhere?
>> No. 101383
>>101379

I think that would be either A) a Result of anon really screwing up (which we wouldn't want) or B) a major event possibly.

I think Taisa does that to remind anon what kind of a thin line they're on.
>> No. 101386
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101387
[+] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[+] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house
-[+] Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details
-[+] However, do mention the mounted head in Eientei and ask her if she's ever heard of a shark that can walk on land
[+] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
-[+] "I'm sorry. Sakuya mentioned you were really nervous about Flandre being out on her own, but I didn't think it was that bad."

>>101351
I'm not sure why we haven't said anything about our hand yet as far as her nibbling on it. I can see why we didn't want to further incite the Flandre/Rumia angle (and, for all we know, that's what is happening right now ...). I suppose our second to last option would have been to directly bring up the hand as a topic THEN excuse ourselves to go see Eirin properly, but the way Taisa wrote that entry was as if in intentional deception to Flandre. "You know, you did a little nibbling last night without knowing it. Wasn't going to bring it up because it'd only be bothersome, since I let it happen by accident, but I did need to get it checked-out." And asides from the hand, the only thing we're really dodging around with Flan about is our tutelage to Patchouli's School of Mystic Spoon Exploding.
>> No. 101388
>>101333
[X] Sit next to her.
[X] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
[X] "Yeah, about your sister... I think we, as a team of course, are going to have to work on her blood sucking etiquette. Making someone look like they're ran themselves through a garbage disposal isn't the best way to affect the whole 'Mistress of the Night' image.
[X] "Don't look at me like that. Your opinion of me would have to be terribly low to think that I wouldn't have figured out my current situation. Put the spear away, it's time to talk."
>> No. 101389
[✠] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[✠] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{✠} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[✠]Ask her how she's doing.
>> No. 101390
>>101387

Yeah, I think he did that to play up the drama, and it wasn't our idea to go Patchy's office, he forced that on us.

Rather low handed stunt he did there.
>> No. 101392
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.

We need to start being sincere RIGHT NOW or not even a '[x]Go back 59 choices' will save us.
>> No. 101399
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101404
>>101392

I don't think things have gotten that bad yet.
>> No. 101412
[X] Sit next to her.
[X] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{X} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[X] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[X] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101416
[X] Sit next to her.
[X] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{X} Leave out all the obviously awkward details.
[X] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing.
[X] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101420
>>101390
>it wasn't our idea to go Patchy's office, he forced that on us.

What? Their conversation was outside of her office that time; he did go to Eirin's Office though but we chose that one to have Jin's hand inspected.

In retrospect with Eirin considering a check up on Flandre, especially right after calling Jin on his lying.Unless Eirin mentions the reasoning behind the requested visit to Flan, things are bound to get uglier.Maybe even the chance of a danmaku battle with Flandre
>> No. 101421
File 125682393898.jpg - (133.86KB , 512x512 , 14c8f73a0a9d02ca7bc2f5a2bce9ad3a.jpg ) [iqdb]
101421
>>101390
>and it wasn't our idea to go Patchy's office, he forced that on us.

>Rather low handed stunt he did there.

I did what when now? Huh?

On a related note, I can sense that neither I nor you, the readers, are particularly happy with this sorry excuse for an update. Apparently I assume too much, and didn't offer a choice on the matter of whether or not to tell Flandre because, well, I figured you wouldn't want to.

I apologize. Would you like a mini-retcon back to the point where she asks you where you were so long? With choices on what to tell her, this time? Or even to the point where you haven't gone to get your hand checked out yet?

Hell, I'm tempted to just rewrite this update entirely... Re-reading it today makes me wince. Maybe I shouldn't sacrifice quality (lol what quality) over a semi-regular updating schedule.



Totally not paranoid about the newfag lynch squad, no sir.
>> No. 101423
>>101421
Technically speaking, I would assume us anon could guess that Flan had inklings that Jin's been fibbing for a while. Considering Remilia got a strong sense of smell you'd think Flan would pick up something; especially considering how often she's at Jin's side, such as the smell of someone's saliva. What intrigues this anon is that she could have called on him for it. Perhaps she wanted to wait for Jin to explain himself privately?

As for the hand business, He probably could have explained, perhaps while showing a bandaged hand, exactly what caused him to stay out longer. I would imagine she would have been more receptive to an explanation rather that flat out get enraged.

tl;dr - Jin could have handled explaining Flan his extended absence better, but at the same time that could have allowed Jin to keep hiding the truth.

Personally I feel it'd be better if Jin did explain himself truthfully, but still had the conversation with Remilia. Not good to keep her out of the loop, and Remilia currently is receptive for what could be an rocket propelled grenade exploding on her face any other time.

The sooner Jin reveals the truth the better for them all.

Up to you Taisa & the rest of anon.
Just my $0.02
>> No. 101424
>On a related note, I can sense that neither I nor you, the readers, are particularly happy with this sorry excuse for an update.
I like how you update and when you do. Now, if you don't like it, I guess I can't do anything but... you keep going about complains on the quality, but I´ve never read a post like that. Maybe is an IRC thing?
And, regarding the choice of telling Flandre or not: writefags usually make choices on their own based on the previous options' votes. It´s an useful tool for keeping updates on a minimum size. In fact, I'm pretty sure that, given the choice, 'not telling Flandre' would've been the winner.
With all the cards face up, anyone is a poker master.
>> No. 101428
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{x} Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x]Ask her how she's doing.
>> No. 101429
>>101404

Better to staunch the flow than let it go out of control.
>> No. 101430
>>101424
Save that Jin hasn't done any lying to Flandre yet prior to this post. We're actively engaged with Remilia in the game Remilia started - "what vampires? no vampires here. Just a lot of old money" - but Flan either knows the trick is up, or it doesn't factor into her actions. What actions she feels that may permit is a different story. Lying might not factor into this the exact same ways either as we've seen the early demonstrations of this suspicious, pensive, maybe jealous, nature when we told her the truth (teach Mystia guitar).

Perhaps it's just any lying in general.
>> No. 101432
So wait are we having a quick ret-con or we're just continuing? I don't see why not if both writefag and readers feel it's okay.
>> No. 101435
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{x} Including the supernatural stuff.
[x] Let her know you'd already confided in Reimu, Sakuya, and Patchouli about the nature of Gensokyo and its inhabitants, regarding Flan especially, and that Patchouli herself has been training you to be more able to defend yourself.
-{x} Apologize and tell her that you should probably have confided in her yourself a long time ago.
[x] (Optional) Tell her she looks like hell. What happened?
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.

I think the best opportunity to let her in on the fact we know is right now, when she's sedated (or possibly depressed) and seems to be seeking frank advice herself. We need for Remilia to trust us, absolutely, because she knows first and foremost about Flandre, and that "USO DA" just know should be enough to tell us that everything might not be alright. She should be relieved that Patchouli has taken you under her wing, so that your Fate (as it were), is not resting completely on her own shoulders. Reimu is the one who first told us the extent of Flandre's abilities, and Patchouli and Sakuya are both people she trusts. This should also go a long way in reassuring her you're going into this thing with both eyes open and are looking out for your mutual interests.
>> No. 101437
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{x} Including the supernatural stuff.
[x] Let her know you'd already confided in Reimu, Sakuya, and Patchouli about the nature of Gensokyo and its inhabitants, regarding Flan especially, and that Patchouli herself has been training you to be more able to defend yourself.
-{x} Apologize and tell her that you should probably have confided in her yourself a long time ago.
[x] (Optional) Tell her she looks like hell. What happened?
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.

I'm going with this. I can't stand to see this looming trainwreck of lies go on. It's starting to grow and soon it'll be bigger than we can handle. We're already pulling it on Flandre too now.
>> No. 101438
>>101430

It could just be emotional manipulation. Given the slitted pupils and the trope of vampiric compulsion in myth, we might be dealing with control issues. Especially, if she considers Jin as less her boyfriend, and more her property or thrall.

Especially given the context of her casual lying to Jin earlier, which she readily (and shamelessly) admitted to:


>"...Are you telling the truth, Flan?"

>Her eyes dart to the side, and for a moment you worry whether you've managed to wound her courage there, until you notice the corners of her mouth slowly dragging upwards into a mischievous smile, and she glances at you from the corner of an eye yet again.
>"...Hehee. Was it that obvious?"
>> No. 101439
I'd like the explaination to be better as in Jin saying a better explaination.

Since as it is, it reeks of a Teruyoish move.
>> No. 101442
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-{x} Including the supernatural stuff.
[x] Let her know you'd already confided in Reimu, Sakuya, and Patchouli about the nature of Gensokyo and its inhabitants, regarding Flan especially, and that Patchouli herself has been training you to be more able to defend yourself.
-{x} Apologize and tell her that you should probably have confided in her yourself a long time ago.
[x] (Optional) Tell her she looks like hell. What happened?
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101443
>>101430
Actually, I'm pretty sure he has had a time or two when he's said something that wasn't truthful to her, such as explaining away why he didn't come and say goodnight to her the night he brought Patchouli her medicine. She might not have gone all Rena on us then, but she clearly didn't completely believe Jin's excuse.

Besides that, this particular lie was kind of like a bunch of lies stacked up on each other, involving things far more serious than not being in the bathroom when you said that's where you would be.
After all, by telling her he was just in the bathroom, what Jin wasn't telling Flandre was that he was really at the nurse's office getting his injured hand checked out, that Flandre is the one who injured his hand, that Eirin is going to want to see Flandre because of it. Then there's the whole business with Rumia, how she chased him in halls, how she bit him yesterday, and how the whole reason she bit him was to make Flandre bite him, too.

For just one lie, that's an awful lot of things involved that you're keeping from her.

Plus, the nature of the lie itself, trying to explain away the fact that there's clearly something wrong as you simply spending too much time in the bathroom, is the sort of thing that only the most naive and gullible of children would believe. Considering how she specifically asked Jin not to baby her and treat her like a child, I wouldn't be surprised if she took offense at such blatant coddling to keep her out of the loop.
>> No. 101444
>>101443

Yeah one would think considering that, Jin would have told a better lie than that.

I wonder if Taisa forgot about that bit of knowledge. Jin isn't that stupid you know. (Shirou on the other hand... is that stupid)
>> No. 101446
File 12568360973.jpg - (103.93KB , 242x226 , disgruntledkoishi.jpg ) [iqdb]
101446
[ ] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-{} (Optional: Insert better excuse here.)
[ ] Small retcon back to before you even went to get your hand checked out.
-{} (Optional: Insert better excuse here.)
-{} (Pick another option from >>100656 entirely.)
[] No retcon, chalk it up to Taisa Jin having a dumbass moment.

Current votes will be taken into account at the appropriate time regardless of what is chosen.
>> No. 101449
>disgruntledkoishi.jpg
>> No. 101454
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[X]Raising the injured hand into view, "Flan first I just want to say what you see is not as bad as it looks. Generally speaking I'm fine but there's much I need to talk to you about; along side with Remilia but on things much less related to my bandaged hand.

cmon damn it's time to spill the beans appropriately and make the communication between Jin and the Scarlets more clear. No more misunderstandings that could have easily been avoided.

Plus I'd imagine the sisters would feel much better realizing that Jin is, for the most part, comfortable with them despite being vampiresMore for Remilia as Flandre may already know that Jin knows
>> No. 101456
[X] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-{X} "Banged my hand up by accident when I was washing up; since the bathroom isn't the cleanest place, I stopped by the nurse's office and had it looked over before I came back."

Though I am tempted to go back as far as possible, as I thought it was retarded to let Flan bite Jin anyway.

I'm also tempted to just continue, because Flan's insanity surfacing might actually make her interesting.

>>101446
>disgruntledkoishi.jpg

... but that's Remi.
>> No. 101457
[X] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-{X} You had to stop by the nurse's office to get your mangled hand looked at for a little bit, remembered that Rumia is a fucking psycho on the way back, had to make a quick run for your life up to the club rooms, and then was ran into by Patchouli while Rumia was straddling and groping you on the way back.
>> No. 101459
[X] No retcon, chalk it up to Taisa and Jin having a dumbass moment.
>> No. 101465
[+] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[+] "I was going but my hand started throbbing so I diverted to the nurses office. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the wound; I got it caught in something sharp yesterday before leaving, cleaned it up, and wrapped it rather hastily."
--[+] If she mentions it as a "bite," admit but say that you're not interested in stirring up antagonism.
--[+] If she implicates herself, admit it to her, but say it's your own fault for not moving your hand out of the way.
>> No. 101468
>>101466
>"Banged my hand up by accident when I was washing up; since the bathroom isn't the cleanest place, I stopped by the nurse's office and had it looked over before I came back."

I would find this believable if it weren't for the fact that currently Jin's the only male at the school using the mens' room.
>> No. 101471
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x] "I was going but my hand started throbbing so I diverted to the nurses office. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the wound; I got it caught in something sharp yesterday before leaving, cleaned it up, and wrapped it rather hastily."
--[x] If she mentions it as a "bite," admit but say that you're not interested in stirring up antagonism.
--[x] If she implicates herself, admit it to her, but say it's your own fault for not moving your hand out of the way.
>> No. 101477
>>Banged my hand up by accident when I was washing up
"Someone replaced the faucets with barbed wire ..."
"I've never seen such a sharp soap dispenser before ..."
"Don't trust the paper towel dispensers ..."
"You know those air machines you dry your hands with? Yeah, your hands should probably stay outside of them ..."
>> No. 101478
>>101477
Yeeeah. I think I like the excuse where Jin was dreaming about eating a sandwich better.
>> No. 101479
Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in retconning the author's lie to Flandre to instead use another lie? One that she'll most likely still see through, and then ask (or make up her own explanation, involving her or otherwise) about our hand?
>> No. 101482
>>101468

He came from the city. Some things you just start to take for granted, and don't even think about.

>>101477

Hey, I once managed a gash across my knuckles using a paper towel dispenser. I also managed to cut myself once in a stall because the ones at my university have these stupid little clothes-hanger hook things on the doors. There more sharp things in a standard washroom than you might expect, and more ways to fuck up your hand than you might think.

But whatever, use any excuse you want.
>> No. 101484
>>101482
in regard to the mens room, I'd probably be the only guy that actually would feel sorry for the janitors/cleaning ladies that have to clean up after the slovenly lot. Even more so for those cleaning in universities.only ever ONE FUCKING TOILET that had not been clogged with shit and paper.

I can attest though there are some restrooms where everything and anything can cut you up good; even the tp gives papercuts...
>> No. 101485
>>101479

Problem was the original lie was a very lousy one that Flan could see through. some of the excuses are rather close to the truth.
>> No. 101486
if not for the weak cries of an anon, then for Flandre's sake,and for Remilia's too,tell the truth!;_;
>> No. 101487
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.

If someone can word it better, it would be nice.
>> No. 101488
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.

Eh. I'm not one for retcons but I'll go with this.
>> No. 101490
>>101488
I also dislike them but I felt it was wrong to tell it to Remilia before telling it to Flandre.
>> No. 101491
File 125684944268.jpg - (96.18KB , 500x700 , 86a83821178864e85b126b30c618b214.jpg ) [iqdb]
101491
>retcon
>> No. 101492
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.

Works for me~!
>> No. 101493
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
>> No. 101496
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
>> No. 101498
File 125685039730.jpg - (124.42KB , 400x449 , retcon punch.jpg ) [iqdb]
101498
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
>> No. 101500
[B] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[b]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[b]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
>> No. 101501
[Q] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[Q]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[Q]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are

I like this solution. No More Secrets.
>> No. 101502
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.

Time to come clean
>> No. 101506
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
-[X] 'Embarassing details' includes sex with Patchouli.

You know, just to make sure.
>> No. 101507
[x] Sit next to her (Take it easy, Remi)
[x] (Amused tone) Not much. Just chasing after a rampaging Flandre, trying to keep the damage and body count to a minimum, the usual. (Chuckle, as if to show her that her fears have no foundation)
[x] Tell her about the Eientei shenanigans, and yesterday's stay at Keine's house.
-[x] Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.
[x] (Optional) Ask her how she's doing. (We owe her this much at least)
[x] Remind her about your promise regarding a second portrait.
>> No. 101512
File 125685734957.jpg - (50.28KB , 500x500 , 125573180593.jpg ) [iqdb]
101512
I wonder how will Remi act when the cat is out the bag. She'll have no excuse to mantain her friendship with 'Jin' - 'A great being as a vampire can't associate with insignificant things like humans, no? I'm sure that it makes sense on her mind anyway.
'twas said before that the lie was on Remi's best interests... but it was also blatantly hinted that more lies would mean a SAD/BAD end when the shit finally hits the fan. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Anyway, I wanted Jin to tell the truth not with words, but with danmaku. But, hey, you can't always get what you want.
>> No. 101513
>>101512
I doubt she would have picked someone she considered insignificant to be her sister's friend. From the way she is portrayed here I think she knows that strength is not all that matters.
>> No. 101516
{Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
- {Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)}
- {Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.}}
>> No. 101523
File 125686276781.jpg - (437.34KB , 1000x438 , de462d30026be0f56e372da38563fe1e.jpg ) [iqdb]
101523
>>101512
Just wait until Jin confesses his undying love to Flandre and tells Remilia about it.
I think she is very jealous and doesn't want Flandre to have something that she can't get. One thing is sure, he can't beat her in a fair fight, might as well hope that we can find something else to solve this problem. Just make sure to not involve Flandre, if she snaps she will kill Remilia and everyone in her way.
>> No. 101558
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
>> No. 101568
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
>> No. 101573
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
>> No. 101595
No update today, going to go party and get shitfaced drunk with friends.

inb4 >friends.

No guarantees of an update tomorrow either, at least not a sober one. Just so you know in advance.

I really need this, though. Just give me a day or two to charge my batteries and I'll pick up the pace once again.
>> No. 101597
File 125688807927.jpg - (574.23KB , 1920x1200 , 1b0d92a5a4a6febc5dce9b0c8b602946.jpg ) [iqdb]
101597
>>101595
No problem, a break after so long nearly non stop writing is no shame.

Come back with full power.
>> No. 101608
[x] Small retcon to when Flandre asked what took you so long.
-[x]Tell her you'll have something to tell her and her sister after school.(Since the whole school doesn't need to know)
-[x]Tell them the whole truth then(excluding the embarrassing details) and mention that you knew for a while and are sorry to have hidden it.
-[X] 'Embarassing details' includes sex with Patchouli.
>> No. 101645
>-[x] Leave out all the obviously supernatural and otherwise awkward details.

Shouldn't we actually take this chance and tell her the whole truth while she too weak to do anything?
>> No. 101646
No offense, but have you guys actually considered who the charade is meant to benefit? Because it's not Jin. It's Remilia.

One of the whole points of this was to get her to understand how to treat regular people, which she's demonstrated repeatedly that she's quite bad at doing. Doing ourselves a favor isn't the same as doing her a favor. It's in her best interest that we keep up the charade, even if it isn't in ours.
>> No. 101652
>>101646
Technically, it's mainly to Jin's benefit originally. He held it up so that he would be at a lesser risk to be harmed, since knowing nothing meant the youkai would hesitate before harming him. Since said charade is starting to crumble for the Scarlets though, it would be best to tell them before they discover it themselves.
>> No. 101668
>>101646
errr
>>101512
>> No. 101683
>>101652

It was so the token outsider doesn't freak out and so most youkai don't try to attack him on sight. (Rumia being an exception being insistant on "youkai eat humans and humans fear them" matter)
>> No. 101791
I think you guys need to pay more attention to Reimu and the fact that she's been dogging your footsteps since you've gotten to Gensokyo.
>> No. 101794
>>101791
Befriending. More things like drawing a picture of her.
Tell her the truth and Jin's growing feelings for Flandre. Tell her all the things that you have planned for Flandre, show her the world etc etc, promise to take good care of her. Tell her she can't grow up as a person if Remilia always watches over her.
Best thing would be to come with a plan, put your heart into the speech, be convincing, don't let her come to word, show her how serious you are about it. And in case she grabs Jin by the throat, put your life on the line, make a serious look, don't flinch, let her see the Willpower in his eyes.

Well, something like this.
>> No. 101795
>>101794
He said Reimu, not Remi.
>> No. 101796
I think you guys need to pay more attention to Remi and the fact that she's been dogging your footsteps since you've gotten to Gensokyo.
>> No. 101797
>>101791
All the more reason to share all secrets. Least this way if Jin is genuinely, changing and possibly prolonging the summer heat unknowingly, the Scarlet probably would be more supportive in aiding Jin's training. Patchouli can't always be Jin's sparring partner.

I bet a couple of Scarlet Family members would love[i] to take a whack at Jin as his [i]sparring partner.
>> No. 101798
>>101795
I think its linked to the psychic power because whenever you use it, Reimu shows up there later hunting down whatever is doing this. Maybe you caught some spiritual STD from the book and its tagging along with you?
>> No. 101803
>>101795
hmmmm, that happens when you mostly skip over the text on the boards. Mistook it for Remi.
>> No. 101806
I'm now picturing Reimu grabbing us by the throat.
>> No. 101816
>>101798
That would explain the youkai-like reactions Reimu keeps detecting, like when she stormed the library while we were training, and why she felt something around the school about the time we were dueling Rumia.

The thing is, the whole reason Reimu is going around is because of this "incident" with the heatwave, and that had been going since at least the very first day of school, and possibly even prior to that. Point is, the "incident" itself had been going on well before we had ever so much as touched that book, let alone read it enough to begin firing mind-bullets.

I'm wondering if perhaps Jin's newfound powers and the heatwave incident are just coincidences, and by learning to defend himself the poor bastard is inadvertently framing himself as the culprit, setting himself up for one hell of a beat-down when Reimu finally does lock-on to him.

If he actually was connected, I would think that someone would have picked up on how the unseasonably high temperature coincided with the arrival of the new guy in the two weeks he's been there, and have done something about it by now.
>> No. 101818
File 125705576080.jpg - (1.22MB , 1500x1579 , utushooo.jpg ) [iqdb]
101818
>Heatwave
Someone is up to their DASTARDLY PLANS again.
>> No. 101843
>Maybe you caught some spiritual STD from the book and its tagging along with you?

So... Stop reading it and hope it goes away, or keep reading it to unlock more powerlevels?
>> No. 101847
Maybe the book actually had a youkai in it, and when Jin "read" the book the first time it entered him?
>> No. 101852
>>101843
If you've already caught the AIDS then you don't have to worry about catching more AIDS. I'd say keep reading.
>> No. 101854
>>101794
I'm sorry, but that train of thought is really overbearing. I'm sure Remilia would not allow us to give Flandre a half-assed explanation. She'd tell us to relay our same "passionate" speech directly to her; to explain in detail our reasoning and determination.

Whether a fully grown woman or just a child, that's still too much to put on her tiny shoulders. She may not fully understand what it is we wish to accomplish; she may even consider this as us taking the role of her sister in controlling her life.

With Flandre starting to crack, it would be best not to cause any misunderstandings. I'm not saying to throw these plans out the window, mind you, rather to take this one step at a time - which we have been doing for the most part, but we really need to question her desires, understand her feelings more, give her a bigger slice of the world right outside her own house before we have such a serious talk. We haven't really been spending enough alone time with her for that.
>> No. 101857
File 125710464548.jpg - (41.05KB , 567x400 , 7df26ecbbcb2aff8b622cd6a0b30fb55.jpg ) [iqdb]
101857
The Scarlet Devil Mansion. Deep within its twisting, chaotic maze of hallways, a seemingly young silver-haired woman is busy dusting one of the many rooms without an obvious purpose, emitting a melancholy sigh as she laments her recent lack of appearances to herself. As she reaches the large, ornate grandfather clock in the middle of the room's wall, Sakuya notices something unusual.

"Oh. That's right. Daylight savings."

A subtle smirk on her face, she shakes her head and turns the hands of the clock back...

...

Keine's back for art history, looking somewhat better, though still rather tense, repeatedly asking the first-years to quiet down whenever their incessant babbling becomes too loud. And you thought Japanese schools were more disciplined... Oh, and speaking of returning characters, Remilia seems to have crawled her way to school, too! You only say 'crawled' because she looks like a total mess, her eyes not even noticing you as you passed her with a friendly wave, her hair unevenly brushed, strands sticking out here and there randomly, wings drooped downwards. For a moment, you almost figure she's asleep with her eyes open.

"Hey..."

"Hmm?" You turn your head to face Flandre, the look of sad concern on her face rather poorly hidden.

"That was a very long bathroom break..."

"Ah, well..." There is a temptation to pull some sort of half-assed lie out of your backside once again, but you quickly realize this would be completely unfair to the poor girl. Sure, you don't want to burden her with the guilt of knowing she's bitten you again - as if you really didn't see that one coming from miles away - but this tower of lies and half-truths you're carrying on your shoulders is slowly starting to crush you. Also, weren't you the one who called her on her lie last night? Maybe it's finally time to come clean; the charade's long since lost its meaning in any case. But... the entire school doesn't have to know. Not just yet. You don't know the others that well, after all (although maybe you ought to change that at some point), so there's no reason to risk it.
"...You know, Flan, there's actually something I've been meaning to tell you. And Remilia, too. How about after school today? It's, ah, something a little sensitive, so I can't just say it out loud here, you understand?"

She doesn't seem completely convinced for the briefest of moments, before her face visibly relaxes, her lips curling into a light smile once again; the young lady appears to find your words trustworthy, for now.
"Okay... I don't understand, but I'll wait for it, whatever it is!" Yeah, you'll be waiting, too, although with more dread and less excitement... No telling how Remilia would react to being told that she, a centuries-old vampire of noble birth had been mislead by a mere human. Granted, that's quite the ego-boost there...

The lesson is over in a matter of minutes after that, and Flandre excuses herself to go to the bathroom, still smiling happily as if you had promised her something wonderful; how would she react if she found out you've been trying to remain friends with her despite her being a vampire with a bad reputation? And yet, something is still a little off about that smile on her face... Ah, wait, if the younger sister left the scene, then that leaves you with...

*tug*

You feel a familiar, light pulling on your sleeve, although you tend to associate such a thing with Flandre rather than Remilia; yet, sure enough, it's the elder sister tugging on your shirt, trying to attract your attention.

"...Er, good to see you again, Remi. You look very, ah... You look well, today."

She doesn't seem amused, but nor does she seem to be upset with you - a welcome change in her mannerisms, although it's a little unsettling to see her like this. While there are obvious health benefits to not having her pin you to the ground in a fit of overreaction, or playing bad jokes on you, this serious, exhausted look doesn't suit her.

"...You wanna go for a walk?" Even her voice sounds lethargic. Quite jarring, really, compared to her usual superior, energetic manner of speaking.

"Er, sure..." Well, what can you do but agree? The two of you head outside the building, over to the usual tree; does she like coming here for some sort of sentimental value, or for the shade? Before you can ask her this question to break the uncomfortable silence, she sits down - well, more accurately, she -slumps- down - against the tree, prompting for you to do the same as she asks a question of her own.

"So, ah... What have you been up to? Did I miss anything?" While this would normally be a pretty normal thing to ask for a person after having been absent from school, there is an indescribable dread plain on her face, in her voice, as if she's afraid of the answer. The poor girl really looks out of it. Has she been sleeping properly; or, more accurately, has she been sleeping at all? You decide to sit down next to her, an unusual position compared to how you're normally on opposite sides of the tree at times like this.

"Well. You already know we went to Eientei to bring Patchouli some medicines, right?" You receive a weak nod in response, the vampire staring at the ground in front of her intently, all tensed up.
"Hey, relax. It went well! Flandre and I had a good time seeing new places, meeting new people... I think it's good for her to make friends. Miss Keine directed us to a friend of hers, named Mokou... I believe the two of you know each other?"

"We've met."

"She was pretty friendly; she guided us to Eientei and kept us safe from any wild animals and the like, too. Seemed to get along well with Flandre, too - isn't it great that she's becoming more social?" Narrowing her eyes a little, Remilia lightly nods again with a frown.
"We also met Kaguya; she seemed to like Flandre, but I don't think she'd be much of a good influence on the girl... We didn't stay there too long, obviously. Mokou led us back out of the bamboo forest once we had the medicines, and we brought them over to the library. I spent the night over, too, but you weren't awake at the time, so..."

"Aha, ha, haha... Don't remind me." Despite the sarcastic laughter, she does seem to smirk just a little bit over how silly the situation between the three of you - you, her, and her sister - has gotten.

"Oh. And yesterday, we spent the night over at miss Keine's house. We were discussing trying to convince Mokou to come to school, and it had gotten late before anyone noticed."

"Hm." Raising her brow tiredly, Remilia shoots an inquisitive glance up at you, seeming somehow skeptical.
"Take your duties seriously, don't you? Class representative..."

"Well, it's-..."
Wait a second. That question has a hidden meaning behind it, doesn't it?
"...Yeah. I suppose I do. It's... How should I put this. It's like keeping a promise to myself, you know? Once I decide to pursue something, I see it through to the end. Otherwise it'd feel like I'm not only betraying those who rely on me, buy also myself."

Her reaction is the opposite of what you had been hoping for, really; as opposed to an impressed or approving look, her facial expression contorts into a suppressed smirk, before she breaks out into a quiet giggling fit, thoroughly amused by your admittedly corny declaration just now.

"Oh, oh... That just now? That was just fantastic. Ahaha! Ah... I really should feel ashamed right now; to think that -you- of all people could cheer me up this easily. Maybe I should ask your host family to let you move into the mansion? It'd be fun to keep you around for laughs and whatnot..." The two of you grin at each other, the mood in the air definitely rising; for a brief moment, you almost consider taking her up on her suggestion, before realizing that the very concept is (probably) ridiculous, and that she was likely joking anyway. Regardless, it's good to hear her laugh once again; and a sincere laugh, to boot, none of that noblewoman stuff.

"Speaking of cheering up... How have you been doing, anyway? You haven't been to school these days, and-..."

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just say I was... stressed, for various reasons." She really does sound like she doesn't want to talk about it, and she averts her gaze yet again, unsuccessfully trying to force an annoying lock of hair down. Granted, she looks strangely cute with her hair all messy like this.

"Fair enough. Also... Don't bother with your hair, you look just lovely the way you are." You half-expect her to blush and call you 's-stupid' about now, yet all the response you get is a mischievous fanged smirk, as Remilia curls the abovementioned out-sticking lock of hair around her finger in a manner that seems almost seductive, somehow. She shifts her position to a more comfortable, relaxed one, before responding.

"Really now. Are you trying to charm me, good sir?"

"Actually... I was thinking back on the other weekend; I did promise to draw another portrait of you, didn't I?"

"Ahh, that's right! Then, perhaps I'll have you over again this weekend, hmmmm~?" Without even noticing it, the girl flutters her wings. It's amazing how you barely even notice such things anymore.

"That'd certainly be nice. Oh, one more thing..."

"Yes?"

"I have something to talk to you after school, today..."

...

The next lesson. Not much worth mentioning actually happens; the first-years earn angry scowls from Patchouli for horribly mangling the English language beyond recognition, you get to take it easy and help Flandre with spelling and grammar... The usual. Except, in the end of the lesson, that serious-looking green-haired girl suddenly walks up to the front of the auditorium, bowing to Patchouli and speaking to her about something. Upon receiving an approving nod from the teacher, she stands in front of her desk and clears her throat, before addressing the auditorium. In contrast with her serious expression, intimidating aura and tall stature, her voice and rather modest bust give her a sort of childish feel as well. Seriously, she sounds a lot like Rie Kugimiya.

"May I have your attention, please? Attention! KOMACHI ONOZUKA!" The sound of someone toppling out of their seat comes from the back of the auditorium, Komachi being awoken by Eiki's frustrated and rather loud yelling, crawling back onto her feet while rubbing her head in a timid manner, before heading over to the front of the auditorium alongside her superior. It's a little jarring to see, considering how Komachi is a year higher than Eiki, as well as being taller and more physically mature to boot. But then, these are youkai... Perhaps there's more to the green-haired girl than meets the eye? Probably.
"Now that I have your undivided attention... The student council would like to announce that the autumn sports festival will take place next Sunday! Taking part is absolutely one-hundred-per-cent compulsory! Please make sure you're in proper shape by next week, and take it seriously. Preparation will begin on Monday; classes will be cut short, but not cancelled!" Someone's taking things a little -too- seriously, if your opinion is wanted... The mild buzzing of general disinterest from the girls in the auditorium is quickly drowned out by Eiki's continued announcement.
"Furthermore! The pupils of the school will be split into two teams; the division of the teams will be announced next week. Remember to not only train yourself physically, but also focus on the concept of teamwork! And, of course... The winning team will receive a modest reward, so give it your best!" She should really say such meant-to-be-inspiring words with at least a smile on her face; her tone of voice is rather discouraging, to say the least. And yet, despite most of the girls seeming rather intimidated by the concept of a sports day, a few of them seem almost excited. Heck, Cirno's already flexing her biceps with a smug grin plastered over her face, mumbling something to the other first-years in a bragging tone. Reimu seems rather indifferent towards the whole thing, whereas Marisa pumps her fist through the air in a determined fashion. The white-haired kendo girl, um... well, you can tell she's going to give it her absolute best, just from the expression on her face. And Flandre? Flandre just seems confused; she probably doesn't understand what a sports day/festival is even meant to be.

Somehow, you predict you're going to be at a massive disadvantage as one of the only humans in the class. Say, who else here is human anyway? Ah well... Time for lunch. Except, well, you don't have lunch, so...

Wait, what's this in your bag? It kind of looks similar to Keine's hat, but...
Ooh. The lid pops open, and apparently your lunch worries are taken care of. You also can't help but wonder whether the woman carries things around in her hat, now. As you help yourself to the food your kindly teacher has so thoughtfully prepared for you and snuck into your schoolbag, you take some time to reflect on what you've got coming in the near future.

*Revealing your knowledge of the truth of Gensokyo to the Scarlet sisters. Maybe. Assuming you don't chicken out by the end of the day.
*More Eientei shenanigans. Persuading Kaguya to come to school. Maybe you ought to postpone the confession just a bit, and take Flandre with you? Then again, might not be a good idea to risk bringing her along...
*Going out with Flandre, presumably tomorrow. Gosh, this actually sounds like a date or something... Where would you two go, anyway?
*Possibly visiting the mansion again during the weekend, assuming Remilia doesn't flip too badly once you tell her you've been hiding things from her for two weeks now.
*Assuming you get to visit the mansion, you might want to continue your training with Patchouli... maybe.
*You really need to figure out what the hell you're going to do about club activities. This includes your obligation to give Mystia guitar lessons.

Did you forget anything? Eh, maybe you should write down a list at some point... For the moment, you put such thoughts out of your mind; worrying your head over your busy schedule only ruins the taste of the food. Hm, you wonder, did Keine cook this, or did Flandre? She was assisting her in the kitchen yesterday, and it -would- explain why she keeps sending shy smiles in your direction whenever you look at her, eating next to you from a similar pagoda-shaped lunchbox. If this is true, then you've sampled the cooking of three of the residents of the SDM already. Say, there's an idea! Confused about your feelings towards the various women arround you? Just go for the one who can prepare the most delicious meal. Add some credibility to the old 'the way to a man's heart is through his stomach' saying.
Nah... That'd be unfair towards the others. You'd just end up marrying Sakuya; not that the thought is unpleasant, mind you.
You wonder: Can Remilia cook? Although she leaves the impression of somewhat of a spoiled brat at times, meeting Kaguya definitely raised your opinion of her tenfold. Besides, a girl's gotta learn something after hundreds of years of a lifetime, no?

Juggling these random thoughts in your head, you eat your lunch with Flandre.



After lunch:
[] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{} Express concern over her well-being - she didn't look so good this morning.
-{} Don't pry into other peoples' business.
[] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[] Ask Patchouli about Keine.
[] Chat some more with Remilia.
-{} (Specify topic?)
[] Take a nap~
[] (Something else entirely?)

----------

As always, write-in edits or additions to existing options are allowed and encouraged, especially for wording dialogue.
Also, on the subject of the writefag communicating better with his readers... I dunno. Anyone have any questions that wouldn't fall under spoilers? I'm not really good at this.
>> No. 101860
>>101857
>"Oh. That's right. Daylight savings."
Thanks for the reminder. Damned computer didn't give a pop up.
>> No. 101861
[X] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{X} Express concern over her well-being - she didn't look so good this morning.
[X] Take a nap~

Time to clear the mind before going on possibly one of Jin's first, but surely not last, "Trial of Guts".
>> No. 101862
[x] Ask Flandre whether or not she cooked this. Though it was a team effort; compliment her if she did.
[x] Either way, go thank Keine for the food and compliment her as well.
-[x] Express concern over her well-being - she didn't look so good this morning.
[x] Take a nap~
>> No. 101863
[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x] Chat with Remilia more.

Unless Jin's absolutely tired or bored, a school isn't the best place for a nap.
>> No. 101865
[x] Burn the school down in a fit of insanity

...

...

...

Okay, okay...

[x] Ask Flandre whether or not she cooked this. Though it was a team effort; compliment her if she did.
[x] Either way, go thank Keine for the food and compliment her as well.
-[x] Express concern over her well-being - she didn't look so good this morning.
[x] Take a nap~
>> No. 101866
[x] Ask Flandre whether or not she cooked this. Though it was a team effort; compliment her if she did.
[x] Either way, go thank Keine for the food and compliment her as well.
-[x] Express concern over her well-being - she didn't look so good this morning.
>> No. 101867
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Chat with Remilia more.
>> No. 101868
>>101857
>Did you forget anything?
[X] Return Shiki's chessboard
[X] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

First, I really want to square away the whole 'borrowing from the Yama without permission' thing now that we have a moment. Second, we may very well need a calm mind/backup/someone to tell us we're doing it wrong before we spill our guts. A rare moment of discretion with deference to our mentor. I really do think the whole 'knowing' thing with the Scarlets needs to be squared away before we can work on any of the other tasks we've collected for ourselves, considering they (particularly Flan) seem to be an ever constant presence for just about everything we do. Although, confessing will probably mean fessing up that it wasn't our birthday, and that might mean we have to return our presents, and I really wanted that lesson from Meiling ;_;

>Anyone have any questions that wouldn't fall under spoilers?
Aside from the goals we've set for ourselves, is there something (other than surviving) that we should try to do? Is there some kind of over-arching plot we've managed to stay oblivious towards while we've meddled in the affairs of various touhous? Not that I don't love the current format, but I'm having a tough time seeing how this story will end short of graduating and leaving/messing up so royally that we are forced to leave.
>> No. 101870
[X] Return Shiki's chessboard.
[X] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

Important tasks.
>> No. 101871
[X] Return Shiki's chessboard.
[X] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

I totally forgot.
>> No. 101872
[] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{} Don't pry into other peoples' business.
[] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
>> No. 101874
[X] Return Shiki's chessboard.
[X] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

>Also, on the subject of the writefag communicating better with his readers... I dunno. Anyone have any questions that wouldn't fall under spoilers?

Everything is pretty much clear at this point, just waiting for things to happen and react to them.
>> No. 101877
>>101868
>Aside from the goals we've set for ourselves, is there something (other than surviving) that we should try to do? Is there some kind of over-arching plot we've managed to stay oblivious towards while we've meddled in the affairs of various touhous? Not that I don't love the current format, but I'm having a tough time seeing how this story will end short of graduating and leaving/messing up so royally that we are forced to leave.

Yes, stuff will happen. What this 'stuff' is depends on your actions and choices in the first half of the story. The first half pretty much establishes character relations and determines the character of the protagonist. I've got a pretty good idea where this is going so far.

I realize this sounds like it'll end up being a MiG parallel where the writer suddenly pulls plot out of his ass after a bunch of light-hearted shenanigans, but...
>> No. 101878
[X] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

at least she'll give us a burial.
>> No. 101879
[x] Return Shiki's chessboard
[x] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

And if time permits:

[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Express concern over her well-being - she didn't look so good this morning.
>> No. 101881
>>101877
I don't like the sound of that. Kind of expected this story to be lighthearted the whole time until the end.
Having fun with the Touhous.
>> No. 101883
>>101881
I respect your opinion but, as things stands, mine is the complete opposite.

I knew that this was just a prelude to the real adventure, where the origin of the eternal summer incident will be revealed and all those 'Useless' trainan gaems will be put to use one more time.
>> No. 101884
>>101881
Hm. Really? That's actually kind of worrying to hear...

Out of a paranoid curiosity, how many of you readers would drop this story if it gradually got less lighthearted slice-of-life-y and more plot-driven?
>> No. 101885
>>101884

I wouldn't. That's Gensokyo for you. That's also one of the reasons I think we ought to be training more, despite the bizarre aversion to it some people appear to have.
>> No. 101886
[x] Return Shiki's chessboard
[x] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

>>101884

I love both so I would stay
>> No. 101887
>>101885
The Scarlets knowing that we know might also mean more variety in our training, as long as it's not immediately with Flandre...
>> No. 101888
Same as >>101885 here.
>> No. 101892
I'll keep it up.
>> No. 101893
>>101884
I wouldn't be too concerned as chances are it will be awesome.
>> No. 101895
>>101884

I'd stay with it, and it'd give that training a point and not an excuse for Patchy fans to piss against the tsunami.

>>101887

Yeah and perhaps some advice from the sisters and Sakuya.

Still I think we should worry about Patchy and the chess board later, since I think we should at least see if Flan made it then compliment her before running off doing anything at least. But most folks voting for returning the chess board and seeing Patchy are most likely tsunami pissers hell bent on repeating a Teruyo ending.
>> No. 101896
>>101884
That would depend on how it went, I would conceivably stop reading if the plot heads in directions I don't want to go.

I realize I'm at odds with most of the community here as I don't actually like most Japanese games, because of their stories.
>> No. 101897
>That would depend on how it went, I would conceivably stop reading if the plot heads in directions I don't want to go.
This. You can't please everyone, Taisa, but it's good that you want to please the majority.

I'd definitely stay.
>> No. 101906
File 125712053631.jpg - (316.53KB , 525x700 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
101906
>[x] Inform Patchouli about your decision to tell Remilia and Flandre that you know everything.

"I won't allow you."

Yeah, that's how I see it happening.
>> No. 101907
>>101884
Don't misunderstand please, i never said i would stop reading if you got plot and serious elements into the story. It was probably my misunderstanding, i thought it would continue like this until the end, just some having fun with the Touhous, not more or less.
Getting serious is a good thing, but i guess not everyone did expect this.
As long as you don't make a lol border gone, welcome to the real world, i am fine. Reminds me too much of YAF that one. Even some LOL DEAD BUNNIES EVERYWHERE would be fine, just a real drastic change in the course, but i would get used to it.

Well, i won't say everything that i wanted to because you might change your mind and don't do it then. Just surprise me with what you have planned, make me rage, make love, make me hate, make something i did not expect. Because i can't say i felt some big emotion yet in this story.
It was always a fun read, with very loveable characters that i can enjoy on a daily basis.
>> No. 101908
>>101907
Well I did expect it to do something sooner or later. New plot is good, a complete change in the atmosphere of the story... well let's just say
>LOL DEAD BUNNIES EVERYWHERE
would make me stop reading. But I also don't think Taisa's going to do that.
>> No. 101914
[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x] Chat with Remilia some.
[x] At the next break inform Patchy of your decision.
[x] After school after going to the clubs, return the chessboard.
>> No. 101916
[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x] Chat with Remilia some.
[x] At the next break inform Patchy of your decision.
[x] After school after going to the clubs, return the chessboard.

Since I lost track, what day are we already?
>> No. 101917
>>101916
Week 2, Friday, lunch break.

Maybe I should start listing time in the Subject field or something.
>> No. 101918
>>101917
Writing the time would be a good idea, the popularity of the story means many posts to read and many opportunities to lose track.
>> No. 101919
>>101918
Alright, will do from now on.

As always, feel free to throw further suggestions at me on how to improve things. Trolling aside, I love every single one of you, and want to make this enjoyable for both of us.
>> No. 101920
[Z] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{Z} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[Z] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[Z] Chat with Remilia some.
[Z] At the next break inform Patchy of your decision.
[Z] After school after going to the clubs, return the chessboard.
>> No. 101921
File 125712834385.jpg - (446.44KB , 607x860 , e962f3b9bbb5701aee30f295124f3c94e80f7dd8.jpg ) [iqdb]
101921
>>101914
>>101915
>>101916
>After school after going to the clubs, return the chessboard.

Guys guys, I thought we were going to go ahead on telling the truth, I doubt the Scarlet sisters would wait for Jin while he's going to clubs,getting ambushed by Rumia, and returning a chess board at this time.
>> No. 101924
>>101921

Okay before the clubs (With Flandre with us)

[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x] Chat with Remilia some.
[x] At the next break inform Patchy of your decision.
[x] After school Before going to the clubs, return the chessboard with Flan
>> No. 101928
>>101916
Modify the last to
[x] After school Before going to the clubs, return the chessboard with Flan
>> No. 101936
[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x] Chat with Remilia some.
[x] At the next break inform Patchy of your decision.
[x] After school Before going to the clubs, return the chessboard with Flan
>> No. 101940
>[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
>-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
>[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
>[x] Chat with Remilia some.

That's one helluva break!
>> No. 101942
>>101940

Lunch break so it's longer than usual, and chances are Flan and Remi are close by each other today.
>> No. 101950
>>101942
Don't forget though, a chunk of that time will have been taken up by eating lunch, so while there might still be more free time than a typical break, you shouldn't count on being able to do too much in that period.

Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize!


As for fessing up to the sisters, it's a shame we couldn't have asked for Sakuya's advice on the matter. Patchouli might have been at a loss for how we should go about it, but perhaps the woman whose whole job is to tend to Remilia's every need might have a better idea on how to confess without incurring the wrath of the Overreaction Drama Queen.

>>Out of a paranoid curiosity, how many of you readers would drop this story if it gradually got less lighthearted slice-of-life-y and more plot-driven?

I plan on hanging on until the end, whatever it may be, though I don't really see why "lighthearted slice-of-life" and "plot-driven" need to be mutually-exclusive.

Granted, I can understand why it might be hard to remain "lighthearted" if, for example, you return home one day to find Rumia cooking dinner for the two of you, and it's only after you've both begun to eat and you remark on the delicious yet strange flavor of the meat that you begin to wonder just why Rumia only set two places at the table, and why you haven't seen anyone from your host family despite all signs pointing to them being home...
Kinda hard to go back to the good-old carefree days after something like that. Then again, this is Jin we're talking about.
>> No. 101958
>Then again, this is Jin we're talking about.
Host family must be off visiting relatives, or on vacation. This is just boar meat Rumia brought home.

Nothing to worry about.
>> No. 101962
>>101958
Oh, I'm sure, I'm sure.
Though, the point I was trying to make about Jin is that, as laid-back as he's been about everything from being bitten by vampires to hanging out with someone who has repeatedly tried to murder him, he could probably easily shake off something like Rumia pulling a Scott Tenorman on him.
>> No. 101966
>>101962
>he could probably easily shake off something like Rumia pulling a Scott Tenorman on him.

Yeah, specially if he CRUSH her.
>> No. 101987
>>101962
"What the hell happened?! Everyone is dead!"
"Is the uh, Hat Flu. It affects every human without a silly hat and has a 100% mortality rate. Your foster family should've heed my warning"
"Ah, okay. Well... gotta go, Flandre isn't gonna turn into a blood-thirsty demoness by herself"
"Is that so~?"
>> No. 101989
>>101987
>"Ah, okay. Well... gotta go, Flandre isn't gonna turn into a blood-thirsty demoness by herself"

what
>> No. 101990
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x]Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Chat with Remilia some.
[x] At the next break inform Patchy of your decision.
[x] After school after going to the clubs, return the chessboard.
>> No. 101998
[x] Go thank Keine for the food.
-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
[x] Ask Flandre whether she cooked this.
[x] Chat with Remilia some.
[x] At the next break inform Patchy of your decision.
[x] After school after going to the clubs, return the chessboard.
>> No. 102045
File 12572075629.jpg - (274.11KB , 800x600 , f9712c3bbe563baae835879dcdb0d5c4.jpg ) [iqdb]
102045
"Say, Flan..." you utter between mouthfuls - after all, it's impolite to talk with your mouth full - "Did, uh, did you help cook this? I noticed you helping out in the kitchen yesterday, so..."

"Mhmm!" As her face lights up like... something that lights up, Flandre properly chews and swallows before giving you a more coherent response. While her eating still feels slightly forced when she's not eating those weird meatballs of hers, she seems rather content to dine alongside you no matter what the meal may be.
"I, ah, I prepared that box just for you, myself; well, not all by myself, but I..." Something causes the words to get caught in her throat, as she mumbles something awkwardly, stuttering and becoming utterly incomprehensible.

"But you..?"

"Is it good? I, ah, I didn't know what you'd like, so I tried something simple, but..."

Ah, that would explain it, it would. It did taste a little funny; and not the 'good' kind of funny, either, despite still being perfectly edible.

"It's great; I absolutely love it. Thank you, Flan." Despite your newfound determination to be truthful towards the Scarlet sisters, there are times like this where an innocent, harmless lie is not a bad thing, as long as it puts a smile on a girl's face; and indeed, Flandre responds to your praise with a wide smile, and happy laughter. And, well, that makes you pretty darn happy, yourself. Ah, but there's someone else you ought to go thank for this, isn't there?

"I'll be right back, Flan." A blinking gaze follows your motions as you stand up from your seat, having finished lunch and holding the hat-shaped box (or box-shaped hat?) in your hand.

"Where are you going?"

"To thank Keine, of course." After disarming her suspicion with a warm smile, you continue.
"After all, both of you worked on those lunchboxes, didn't you? Just being polite. And thank you, again."

The vampire girl can't help but return your smile affectionately, giggling to herself in a giddy manner as if hearing your words of thanks had brought her immense pleasure.
"Okay."

...

The door to Keine's office. Come to think of it, have you been in there before, so far? You seem to have managed to avoid getting into trouble with the teachers so far (and to be frank, you'd like to keep it that way), only getting called to Patchouli's office the other day for lunch break. That was nice of her, really... Ah, you truly are quite the teachers' pet, aren't you? Having both Keine and Patchouli prepare lunch for you? Not that you mind, really; now if only Patchouli would make her cooking resemble normal food more closely in appearance. Ah, but you're rambling on randomly in your mind again; time to knock on the door like a polite boy.

"Come in."
Reacting accordingly to the somewhat muffled voice sounding from inside the office, you decide to open the door and let yourself in, spotting Keine leaning against her desk with an utterly exhausted expression on her face, her eyes somewhat puffy, red and a little veiny. She does seem to lighten up when she notices you enter, however, raising her head from her hands and greeting you with a sincere smile. The office itself is rather plain and nondescript, aside from an excessive amount of scrolls with dense text written all over them hanging on the walls, similar to the ones in her home.
"Ah, it's you; is there anything I can help you with? Everything alright?" The teacher leans forward slightly, wrinkling her brow in concern as she sends a passing glance at your wrapped hand, which you had forgotten to conceal in your pocket for the moment.
"...You're not being bullied, are you?" Taking comfort in the knowledge that most (if not all?) of the other highschool students are superpowered youkai, you try your hardest not to take offense at the prospect of being bullied by girls. Shaking your head vehemently, you debunk her wild theories.

"Actually, I just wanted to come thank you for lunch today; and to return this." The lunchbox resembling her hat to a disturbing degree in your hand, you hold it out towards her.
"I'm very grateful, miss Kamishirasawa."

"Ah," she exclaims, standing up and taking the box from you with a friendly nod, before placing it on her desk, "you're very welcome. I wouldn't want my pupils to starve, after all!" A lighthearted chuckle later, she continues.
"Feel free to drop by my house any time; my doors are always open to my pupils, whether they're hungry or have other problems. I'm always willing to help with anything, if I can."

"Thank you, you're really too kind..." You find yourself distracted by the dark lines under her eyes yet again, and can't help but ask:
"Um... Actually, teacher, are you feeling quite alright? You've seemed rather tired lately, and, well... I'm sorry if it's not my place to ask about such things, but it's just worrying me, so... um..." There really isn't any non-awkward way to ask about this, yet you can't help but care about your kindly teacher and her well-being. She doesn't seem to mind much, though.

"Ah, well, I suppose I have been a little tired, with all the work, and, um... well... Ah, but don't worry about it! All I need is a good weekend's rest and I'll be perfectly energetic again." For emphasis, she pumps her fist in the air, placing her other hand on her biceps, smirking at you jokingly. You're not entirely sure you believe her, but decide not to pry into her business any further.

"Alright, good to hear! I, ah, guess I'll be heading back now, so..."

A warm smile still lingering on her face, she waves to you.

"See you in the next lesson."

...

One more little thing you wanted to do before you run out of time and have to head back to the auditorium for the math lesson. You find yourself standing outside the door to Patchouli Knowledge's office for the... what is it, the third time within these last two weeks already? Not that you mind visiting her - not only do you seek her advice as your mentor and benefactor, you consider her something along the lines of your closest friend in Gensokyo, even if you can't tell whether the feeling of friendship is mutual - but paying frequent visits to a teacher's office might not be the best habit to form for a highschool student. Still, perhaps it would be best to get an educated, calm second opinion from the person closest to Remilia, before you go spilling your guts; otherwise, your guts might end up being spilled in a much more literal sense of the expression. And that'd be terrible.

Knock-knock.

"Enter."
You do so, your nose already familiar with the strange mix of scents that permeates the air within the candle-lit room, Patchouli sitting at her desk with a book in hand exactly as she has been the last two times you came here; you'd call it deja vu, yet adhering strictly to comfortable routine seems somehow fitting for her. Of course, how healthy it is to do nothing but sit and read whenever she's not teaching is another story; considering how freaked out you were when she was weak and broken up until a few days ago, this thought is mildly upsetting... And yet, it's not really your place to try and change the way people live their lives. Is it? Anyway, that's not what you're here for, and Patchouli has already raised her icy gaze from the pages with the faintest hint of curiosity.
"Jin. You... require something of me? It is nearly time for the next lesson to begin."

"I, uh, suppose I just wanted to let you know about something."

"Is that so?" Her eyes widen just a little bit, and she straightens herself in her seat.
"I wonder what it could possibly be. Do tell." Boy, she wasn't kidding when she said she likes to know things...

"I'm going to tell Remilia and Flandre that I know everything. Today, after school."

Long pause.

She coughs into her fist lightly.

"Why?"

"...What do you mean?"

"Please, enlighten me; explain to me the thought process behind this decision, because I certainly did not expect you to do this so soon." Her face is unreadable, and she interlocks her fingers, leaning her elbows on the desk with her hands in front of her mouth, staring right at you intently.

"...Are you telling me I shouldn't let them know yet?"

She shakes her head precisely once, left and right in a firm motion, before fixing her gaze upon you once again.
"I am willing to give you my opinion on the matter, but first... I would hear your reasoning for making this decision, all of a sudden."



Why did you make this decision?
[] (Write-in only.)
[] You're actually still undecided; ask her for her advice now.

And your reaction to what advice she will give?
[] Do as she suggests.
[] Regardless of what she says, you'll tell the sisters today.
>> No. 102047
>>102045
>Ah, but you're rambling on randomly in your mind again
You know, it's only irritating when you mention it like that. I never had a problem with it beforehand.

>You're not entirely sure you believe her, but decide not to pry into her business any further.
FUCK YEAH, ACCEPTING CLEARLY BULLSHIT EXCUSES
The problem will totally stop if we just ignore it hard enough!
>> No. 102049
>>102047
>FUCK YEAH, ACCEPTING CLEARLY BULLSHIT EXCUSES
>The problem will totally stop if we just ignore it hard enough!

>-{x} Ask if she's alright, but don't pry too hard.
>> No. 102050
>>102049
Just because it was voted for doesn't make it not stupid.
>> No. 102051
Folks, we're going to proceed with the next step in the plan to get Mokou to come to school, that should ease Keine's mind nicely.

That and I doubt if we pried our hardest she wouldn't say anything as to avoid worrying her students.
>> No. 102053
[Z]Because sustaining a lie, even if it is for someone's benefit, feels dishonest.
[Z]also, its becoming rather apparent to most people here that I know. I'd rather not Remilia learn that she was the last to find out and that I held it a secret for so long. I imagine she would be pretty upset with me if I allowed that.
>> No. 102059
[X]Because sustaining a lie, even if it is for someone's benefit, feels dishonest.
[X]also, its becoming rather apparent to most people here that I know. I'd rather not Remilia learn that she was the last to find out and that I held it a secret for so long. I imagine she would be pretty upset with me if I allowed that.
[X]It's also a really stupid charade in the first place. I mean c'mon, the sisters each have wings! Not to mention the oddities half the other girls in this school have.
Don't know or care if the last bit should be voted for, but it's bloody true.
>> No. 102061
>>102046

Not sure if it's an improvement but it's my take on it.

[x] "Because of the way things are going, Flandre and Remilia will find out sooner or later. I feel that if this should happen, at the very least it'll be on my terms."
[x] "As of now Remilia seems more receptive to what I have to say without overreacting strongly to it, though I believe she had been getting better about that. Regarding Flandre, I'd rather be honest with her out of respect of our relationship; not to mentioned I'd feel better not having to hide it from her in a form of some terrible secret."

>"And I guess I went and put my foot in my mouth by saying I had something to tell them."

What? I thought we'd rather have it clear rather than make another excuse to prolong a lie; lame or not.
>> No. 102069
{"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
- {"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on there own."
- - {"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
- - -{"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."}}}}
{Regardless of what she says, you'll tell the sisters today.}

Eh, that's my take on it.
>> No. 102074
{"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
- {"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on their own."
- - {"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
- - -{"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."}}}}
{Regardless of what she says, you'll tell the sisters today.}

Very good write-in.
>> No. 102078
Count this as a vote for whatever the least retarded/idealistic-sounding option, turns out to be, but with:

[x] Do as she suggests.

...definitely being the answer to the other half of the vote. I don't know why people are trying to presume that Jin knows these people better than Patchy. Not following her advice seems suicidal at worst, and arrogant at best.
>> No. 102080
>>102079
I would not suggest to ignore everything she says though, if she has suggestions on how to tell them immediately but in a way that would be better(She is after all a good friend of Remilia) I would suggest to follow it.
>> No. 102082
{"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
- {"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on their own."
- - {"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
- - -{"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."}}}}
{Do as she suggests.}

It would be cool if we could see the advice before choosing, but that's just easy mode, right?
>> No. 102084
>>102079

There's also the fact Jin told sisters he had an announcement later on today, if he backs out, it will make him look bad.
>> No. 102085
{"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
- {"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on their own."
- - {"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
- - -{"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."}}}}
{Do as she suggests.}

Patchy always knows best.
>> No. 102089
>>102078
Agreeing with this. If she says no, we'll just have to think of a really good idea for what to tell them instead. Like, really fucking good.

[x] Do as she suggests.
>> No. 102091
[x]"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
-[x]"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on there own."
--[x]"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
---[x]"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."

[x] Depending on the advice...
-[x] if it's in regards of how to break it to them, follow it
-[x] If not, ask for a way to tell them, considering how you more or less said you were going to tell them something.

My attempt at improving it.

That and we can't exactly go back on our word, informally given it might be.
>> No. 102092
{"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
- {"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on their own."
- - {"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
- - -{"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."}}}}
{Do as she suggests.}

I like this.
>> No. 102097
[x]"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
-[x]"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on there own."
--[x]"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
---[x]"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."

[x] Depending on the advice...
-[x] if it's in regards of how to break it to them, follow it
-[x] If not, ask for a way to tell them, considering how you more or less said you were going to tell them something.
>> No. 102102
>[X]It's also a really stupid charade in the first place. I mean c'mon, the sisters each have wings! Not to mention the oddities half the other girls in this school have.

Weren't we lifted and flown to the mansion the first time anyhow?

Least that's what my mind seems to faintly remember.
>> No. 102108
>>102102
Yeah, but that doesn't count since our eyes were closed.


I think Reimu also flew away shortly after meeting us one time. We didn't see her doing it, IIRC, she just vanished.
>> No. 102110
Am I the only one who thinks that we should at least tell the sisters we know as fast as possible. Even if Rumia's actions were retconned, her intentions weren't, if she doesn't manage to change our mind directly, she might tell the sisters while twisting the facts to have them react and make us fear them. Telling them will at least protect us from that possibility.
>> No. 102113
>>102110

Nope, but I think it's hard to find time to do that during school. That and at least after school before we tell them, Flan will be with us, and I doubt she'd be likely to believe Rumia's lies so easly.
>> No. 102116
>>102113
Good point, but if Patchy suggests we wait and we follow her advice, we might end up in a bad situation, after all, IIRC Reimu gets all duel declarations, so she knows we know since we challenged Rumia and not the opposite, and I doubt she would go to great lengths to hide it. If Rumia manags to capitalize on this to make the sisters doubt us, we'll have a harder time getting trusted in the future.
>> No. 102118
>>102116

That's why I voted for telling them one way or another. I do not want to wait later than after school today.
>> No. 102120
[x]"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."
-[x]"Today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on there own."
--[x]"That goes for all the other lies too, I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye."
---[x]"So I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering."

Show that Jin at least has some fortitude in himself when it's personal as this situation is now.

Plus any more delays could only help Rumia in the long run
>> No. 102121
>>102120
If you want to avoid delays, voting for telling it even if Patchy suggests against would be a good idea.
>> No. 102125
>>102121
with that in mind, I'm amending my post >>102120
with

[X] Regardless of what she says, you'll tell the sisters today.
>> No. 102130
>>102085
>Patchy always knows best.
She does not know Rumia wishes to ruin our relationship with the Scarlet since the thing that allowed her to know was retconned away. In the end, her choice might be good with what she knows but it might still be bad for us in the long run.
>> No. 102131
>>102130

Are you sure that was retconed, since the last I checked it was only the part where Jin told Flan where he was as to tell a better partial lie.
>> No. 102132
>>102130
The whole part where Rumia ambushed us only to be interrupted by Patchy wasnt retconed. It was the stuff that happened after when we returned and did that horrible attempt at a lie to Flan.
>> No. 102133
>>102131
Sorry, made a mistake on this, at least even if we follow her advice she will probably consider the fact we need to at least tell the sisters we know as soon as possible, meaning the charade will not last much longer anyway. I would still prefer we tell them now, a little determination would be nice on Jin's part, instead of thinking of doing something and giving up half-way.
>> No. 102135
[x] Depending on the advice...
-[x] if it's in regards of how to break it to them, follow it
-[x] If not, ask for a way to tell them, considering how you more or less said you were going to tell them something.

This, I think is a nice middle of the road choice in regards to what Patchy might say.
>> No. 102138
>>102135
I think "Regardless of what she says, you'll tell the sisters today." pretty much means this, after all we have no reason of ignoring her advice if it helps us break it to them just as fast but in a better way.
>> No. 102139
[X]"Heh, that's the question, isn't it? Why, after only two weeks, do I want to stop the lie created for my exclusive benefit?"
[X]"You see, humans express love through many different ways. One is forgiveness, like I forgave Flandre for all the physical injuries I was subject to (although I'm aware that I share part of the blame on most of them) Another is affection, like making a heartfelt portrait for someone I just barely know. A popular one is trust, like I've trusted you with all my secrets and feelings since the first day.
All I'm asking is the freedom to give Flandre -and Remilia- another type of love. I could lie to someone like Rumia thousands of times, but it doesn't feel right when I do that to someone I like"

[X]"Well, that's the emotional reason. Some people may call it the 'stupid' reason, but I digress. Let's go ahead with the practical reason:
Both girls already suspect that I know more than I say and that may have consequences. Flandre's case is critical due to her emotional stability. For every lie I say I can tell she's trying very hard to let it go... but I fear that her breaking point is close and that may jeopardize her status in the school... among other issues"

[X]"Now, I'm aware, as you probably are, that this con was helping Remilia as well. For what I could gather, it seems that this was an 'excuse' for her to socialize and make friends with non-powerful entities like most people do. Of course, why would an eternal and all powerful being like a vampire relate to ephemeral things like humans? For most of them we are nothing. Dust in the wind. Hell, even for a Youkai humans' lifes must be meaningless. I could steal all your books until the day I die and it'd still look to you as a short-term loan. But, for that very reason, we live our lives fully. I'm not a good example, but I think that there are many interesting humans out there and Remilia should learn how to effectively socialize with them...without the need of this elaborate hoax... without any 'excuses' "

[X] Do as she suggests. "All said, I trust your judgment more than mine... so, in the end, I'll do as you suggest"
>> No. 102141
>>102139
That one is nice, since I can't remember which one it was changing my vote to:

[X]"Heh, that's the question, isn't it? Why, after only two weeks, do I want to stop the lie created for my exclusive benefit?"
[X]"You see, humans express love through many different ways. One is forgiveness, like I forgave Flandre for all the physical injuries I was subject to (although I'm aware that I share part of the blame on most of them) Another is affection, like making a heartfelt portrait for someone I just barely know. A popular one is trust, like I've trusted you with all my secrets and feelings since the first day.
All I'm asking is the freedom to give Flandre -and Remilia- another type of love. I could lie to someone like Rumia thousands of times, but it doesn't feel right when I do that to someone I like"

[X]"Well, that's the emotional reason. Some people may call it the 'stupid' reason, but I digress. Let's go ahead with the practical reason:
Both girls already suspect that I know more than I say and that may have consequences. Flandre's case is critical due to her emotional stability. For every lie I say I can tell she's trying very hard to let it go... but I fear that her breaking point is close and that may jeopardize her status in the school... among other issues"

[X]"Now, I'm aware, as you probably are, that this con was helping Remilia as well. For what I could gather, it seems that this was an 'excuse' for her to socialize and make friends with non-powerful entities like most people do. Of course, why would an eternal and all powerful being like a vampire relate to ephemeral things like humans? For most of them we are nothing. Dust in the wind. Hell, even for a Youkai humans' lifes must be meaningless. I could steal all your books until the day I die and it'd still look to you as a short-term loan. But, for that very reason, we live our lives fully. I'm not a good example, but I think that there are many interesting humans out there and Remilia should learn how to effectively socialize with them...without the need of this elaborate hoax... without any 'excuses' "

[X] Regardless of what she says, you'll tell the sisters today. "I have already decided to tell it to them, I told it to you since I trust you will be able to help me tell it to them in the best way possible, so as to make them understand how I feel about it."

Changed the last part though.
>> No. 102143
>>102139

>I could steal all your books until the day I die and it'd still look to you as a short-term loan.

Not the best thing to say to Patchy, NOT AT ALL. Since it's the stunt Marisa pulls.

But I think while nice it's a bit too wordy for my tastes.
>> No. 102144
>>102143
Yeah, both things were on purpose.
A bit too wordy, yes, but a change from Jin's usual responses. Since he's what we make him, I wanted to show that he can rant outside of his head sometimes too.
>> No. 102145
>>102139
>>102141

For some reason, write-ins like this bother me a lot.
>> No. 102146
>>102143
I thought it wordy too, until I remembered that Jin is supposed to be artistic, what better way to raise someone's creative tendencies to the top is there than to talk about expressing his love.
>> No. 102147
>>102145
It's not like it's going to be written as is, but it gives a better idea of our intentions to the writer.
>> No. 102153
In regards to the "tell the sisters no matter what Patchouli says" thing, of what use is it to tell Patchouli of your plans if, depending on her advice, you're going to completely ignore whatever it is she says anyway?

As frustrated as she may have been at Jin dueling man-eating monsters before he was sufficiently prepared, or sleeping with and getting bitten by Flandre a second time, I can't imagine how much she'll hate being asked for advice when the person asking has little-to-no intention of actually taking that advice to heart.

If she has anything in the way of help to offer, great, go for it, but if she has a good reason for not telling the sisters, I would strongly suggest you listen to the lady.
>> No. 102154
>>102153

Even if it gives Rumia more time to sabotage our progress in addition to making Jin loose face?

Perhaps in retrospect we should have asked her before saying we'd tell the sisters something to them, but it's a minor thing to work around.

But we really don't know what she'd say to us so it might be a bit too soon to make a decision on the matter until we do hear her advice.
>> No. 102157
>>Even if it gives Rumia more time to sabotage our progress in addition to making Jin loose face?

You're missing the entire point of what Rumia is trying to do.
She's not trying to take advantage of Jin's facade of ignorance towards the fact his best friends are blood-sucking vampires, she's trying to take advantage of the fact that his friends are blood-sucking vampires, and he's he's not afraid of them like she thinks he should be. Especially Flandre, who everyone else is afraid of, and for good reason.

If there's anything Rumia has been taking advantage of, it's Flandre and her ignorance of and lack of control in her blood-sucking nature.
Her tactic of biting Jin would almost certainly not have had any effect if Jin had been going off to hang out and spend the night with Remilia, instead. Hell, Remilia believing Jin was still ignorant about her true nature would probably have given her even more incentive to fight her urges on top of the self-control she almost certainly already possessed.

In any case, the point is that whatever Rumia is or is not trying to do (be it trying to make Jin afraid for his life, or simply driving off his other friends so she could have him to herself), it's not really all that related to the issue of Jin keeping Remilia in the dark about what he knows, and so shouldn't really be a factor in this decision.
>> No. 102159
>>102153
Well-fucking-spoken, good sir.

I hope people take your words to heart.
>> No. 102160
>>102157

> Simply driving off his other friends so she could have him to herself.

Err...really?

Not sure if want Rumia route.
Especially with this Rumia.
>> No. 102165
File 125724078499.jpg - (87.29KB , 793x441 , seeyoudoitlikethis.jpg ) [iqdb]
102165
>>102160
No, probably not. It's just a nutty little theory to explain some of her behavior. Why, for all her talk about how "attacking humans is a youkai's job" and how she clearly thinks Jin should be afraid of her (among others), she appears to actually enjoy some of the aspects of Jin's not being afraid of her, like that chess game. As much as she seems to like the notion of Jin pissing his pants in terror because of her, she also seems to like it when he exhibits a backbone and can fight back and challenge her, which goes back to how easily she latched on to the whole "rivals" thing.
Besides that, if there was someone you really wanted to be terrified of you, would you really move in with them? Sleep in their bed with them? Eat meals with them and their family, and get mad when they don't wake you up in the morning?


...of course, now that I think of it, there is another perfectly logical reason for why Rumia is doing things like that, and it's for much the same reason why she gave Jin that little "love bite" after school.

Think back to the events following the duel. We woke up to the sight of Rumia sitting on us, tried to snuggle with her thinking she was Flandre, and told Rumia as much when she asked what the hell we were doing.
As clever as Rumia has shown herself to be, I don't think she'd have a problem connecting the dots as to why we did what we did. It was because Flandre had been in our room before.
In other words, Rumia knew at least Flandre had been in our room once before, and judging by how Jin responded, it wouldn't be surprising if she came back.

Now, what did Rumia start doing after that? Why, sleeping in Jin's bed, of course. In nothing but her underwear (if even that), no less. A rather compromising situation to be found in, if someone were to see them like that, don't you think? Especially if that someone were, say, an emotionally and mentally unstable vampire?

Funny thing is, if Rumia's goal was for Jin to be seen in bed with her, she actually succeeded in that much, as we saw when Remilia pounced on him the second he walked out of the house. Unfortunately for Rumia, despite Remilia's tenancy to over-react, she is otherwise fairly rational and was talked down by Jin quite easily.

But if Flandre had been the one to find them like that? Things might not have been resolved quite so peacefully.

At this point, I can't tell which Rumia is supposed to be more like; a cute yet vicious little sister who just wants a family to call her own, or a diabolical little ball of concentrated evil who is trying to troll Flandre into a mental breakdown and basically ruin Jin's life.
>> No. 102166
>Not sure if want Rumia route.
>Especially with this Rumia.

What is wrong with this Rumia, she is especially awesome. I would go for the damn Rumia route if it weren't for people wanting Flandre.
>> No. 102169
>>102166
I agree, I like this Rumia and would gladly go for her if we weren't already going for Flandre.

Then again, if we were going for Rumia, I'd probably be saying the exact same thing about wanting to go for Flandre, Sakuya, Keine, and so on.

It's a shame there's probably no way to make a Rumia and Flandre route work out. I think they work quite well as a foil to each other. One has lived most of her life with a family but no friends, while the other has lived most of her life with friends but no family. One has been sheltered and confined indoors, while the other has been free to roam the wilderness.
One wishes to shake off the label of "monster" that has been attached to her, while the other embraces it.
And yet, for all their differences, they have in common one thing; the guy who entered their lives and changed them forever by giving them the one thing they had never truly had until then.

I like to imagine the three of them spending their evenings at home watching TV from the couch. On one side of Jin would be Flandre, cuddled up with him. On the other would be Rumia, distractedly nibbling on his arm.
>> No. 102176
File 125725776370.jpg - (59.25KB , 382x672 , 1203398339606.jpg ) [iqdb]
102176
>>102169
>Rumia and Flandre route
>> No. 102177
>>102169

Sounds like a plot for a romantic comedy / soap opera.

I'd watch it.
>> No. 102178
>>102166
>>102169

You are not alone, my friends, for I too would like to become involved with Rumia on a deeper level. There is something strangely attractive about her behavior, sadistic as it might be. A perpetually playful relationship with her would never have a dull moment, one has to admit; might even be fun, the way she makes everything into a little competition.

Incidentally, seeing her behavior in Taisa's Boredom Thread, I now find myself wondering how she would behave during consensual sex. I get the feeling, somehow, that she would be the dominant partner.
>> No. 102179
>>102169
It could become a what if segment Taisa could write up along side the despair posts he made. Assuming he ever feels compelled to write it.
>> No. 102182
>>102178
A harem ending would be nice but it would also be quite a challenge.
We would need to:
1)Get Rumia to fear Flandre less.
2)Get Flandre to accept that Rumia is now a friend, despite what she did.
3)Convince Remilia not to rip our head off when she finds out about it.
>> No. 102184
>>102182
You got that wrong my friend.

Convince Remilia to join the fun.
>> No. 102185
>>102184
Good point, that's something that would help her social skills. But I doubt asking Patchy about how to make it happen would be a good idea.
>> No. 102186
>>102182
>>102184
>>102185

Let's do keep note that such a path may be possibly, but can be easily foiled by ignorance, established relations, as well as by the oncoming hurricane of a plot... possibly that would crush all chances of it happening
>> No. 102190
[X]"Heh, that's the question, isn't it? Why, after only two weeks, do I want to stop the lie created for my exclusive benefit?"
[X]"You see, humans express love through many different ways. One is forgiveness, like I forgave Flandre for all the physical injuries I was subject to (although I'm aware that I share part of the blame on most of them) Another is affection, like making a heartfelt portrait for someone I just barely know. A popular one is trust, like I've trusted you with all my secrets and feelings since the first day.
All I'm asking is the freedom to give Flandre -and Remilia- another type of love. I could lie to someone like Rumia thousands of times, but it doesn't feel right when I do that to someone I like"

[X]"Well, that's the emotional reason. Some people may call it the 'stupid' reason, but I digress. Let's go ahead with the practical reason:
Both girls already suspect that I know more than I say and that may have consequences. Flandre's case is critical due to her emotional stability. For every lie I say I can tell she's trying very hard to let it go... but I fear that her breaking point is close and that may jeopardize her status in the school... among other issues"

[X]"Now, I'm aware, as you probably are, that this con was helping Remilia as well. For what I could gather, it seems that this was an 'excuse' for her to socialize and make friends with non-powerful entities like most people do. Of course, why would an eternal and all powerful being like a vampire relate to ephemeral things like humans? For most of them we are nothing. Dust in the wind. Hell, even for a Youkai humans' lifes must be meaningless. I could steal all your books until the day I die and it'd still look to you as a short-term loan. But, for that very reason, we live our lives fully. I'm not a good example, but I think that there are many interesting humans out there and Remilia should learn how to effectively socialize with them...without the need of this elaborate hoax... without any 'excuses' "

[X] Do as she suggests. "All said, I trust your judgment more than mine... so, in the end, I'll do as you suggest"

I still think that Patches knows best...
>> No. 102191
I'd like to think of this >>102135 Not as a flat out disregard, but a fail safe in case her initial advice is against telling them. Maybe perhaps add a part about Rumia.

>>102182
Also I don't think Rumia has that much friendly intent in the first place. And I heard from a good source that Taisa was aimming for creepy with Rumia.
>> No. 102193
File 125726756620.jpg - (657.05KB , 1330x830 , 8285ef771b44891d23a37a6ca63fdc62.jpg ) [iqdb]
102193
>>102186
I wouldn't want it anyway, just saying my friend, just saying.

Besides, there is only one girl that i love and worship.
Everyone else is 2nd string anyway.
>> No. 102196
>>102190

No offense but by the time I got to the second part of that manuscript I heard a bell ringing signaling the start of the next lessons. Didn't even get Patchy a chance to say anything.
>> No. 102217
Writefag has been awake for about 59 hours straight without sleep; I'd rather not write in this state, so I'm going to have to take a break and try to make up for it tomorrow.
>> No. 102229
>>102217
Curiously what the hell made you do that? School? Work?

Nonetheless have a good rest.
>> No. 102258
>>102229
IRC.
>> No. 102287
File 12573374843.gif - (140.11KB , 200x231 , oh_god_damn_it.gif ) [iqdb]
102287
>>102258
>> No. 102288
>>102258

We've been telling him to go to sleep for days.
>> No. 102295
>>102258
Remove that goddamn shit from this board already.
>> No. 102297
[x] Depending on the advice...
-[x] if it's in regards of how to break it to them, follow it
-[x] If not, ask for a way to tell them, considering how you more or less said you were going to tell them something.
>> No. 102300
>>102229
He stayed up all night and said he felt more awake and energetic than ever, and apparently kept feeling that way until IRC finally convinced him to go the fuck to sleep.
>> No. 102302
IRC steal men's souls
>> No. 102303
File 125735470975.jpg - (40.78KB , 496x640 , sotndracula.jpg ) [iqdb]
102303
Perhaps the same could be said of all forms of communication...
>> No. 102310
File 125735649261.jpg - (26.38KB , 300x447 , ortrait.jpg ) [iqdb]
102310
Your reply is as empty as the topic! THP ill needs a chat such as you!
>> No. 102311
>>102229

For the hell of it. Because he didn't feel sleepy due to being hopped up on brain chemicals.

IRC had nothing to do with it.
>> No. 102312
>>102310
Should have said

"Your reply is as empty as the topic! THP ill needs a chat protocol such as you!

or program...
>> No. 102313
File 125735860696.jpg - (132.37KB , 608x719 , 6b8daac528e69947136642d1dc53f4de.jpg ) [iqdb]
102313
>>102229
Not sure. Something just 'broke' inside me, and now I've become unable to feel tired. Seriously, even after 60 hours of being awake without so much as a nap in between, I was feeling wide awake and energetic, good enough to jog several miles, all my senses were as sharp as ever, my mind was clear, etc.

So yeah, that was a lie. I didn't skip yesterday's update because I was feeling too tired, I skipped it because people were telling me to go to sleep before I spontaneously drop dead.

I do hope this keeps up though. Being unable to feel exhaustion and having a magically unlimited supply of energy seems rather convenient.

----------

"Heh, that's the question, isn't it?" You can't help but chuckle to yourself lightly, although Patchouli does not share in your amusement. No big surprise there.
"Why, after only two weeks, do I want to stop the lie created for my exclusive benefit?" Honestly, you asked such a rhetorical question only to buy yourself some time to arrange the words in your mind. Receiving only a continued stare in response, you inhale deeply and continue.
"Because it's never going to get any easier, only harder."

"Please, do elaborate upon this."

"Very well... Where do I begin?" Taking another moment to gather your thoughts to express them in a manner that fully conveys your inner feelings, you scratch the back of your head while staring into the ceiling. Fortunately, Patchouli is not the type to rush someone at times like this.
Ah, screw it.
"You see, humans express love through many different ways. One is forgiveness, like I forgave Flandre for all the physical injuries I was subject to." ...Although you're aware that you share part of the blame on most of them...
"Another is affection, like making a heartfelt portrait for someone I just barely know."

Your conversational partner narrows her eyes just a tiny bit, before interjecting; you're quite thankful that she does, really, because it'd feel twice as awkward to say all this if she were silent the whole time.
"Yes, Remilia did show me that portrait you drew of her." She keeps her opinion to herself, though, prompting you to continue.

"...And a popular one is trust, like I've trusted you with all my secrets and feelings since the first day."

"Not all," she responds immediately.

"Huh?"

While her expression softens lightly, she doesn't look particularly happy at the moment.
"You never did tell me what happened between you and Remilia the other day."

You fidget for a moment, wondering if you've put your foot into your mouth with that one... No, got to keep going, don't let this break your stride.
"Look... All I'm asking is the freedom to give Flandre - and Remilia, too - another type of love. I could lie to someone like Rumia thousands of times, but it doesn't feel right when I do that to someone I like."

Something you've just said - you can't tell what, exactly - seems to have piqued her interest, one of her eyebrows slowly rising in a curious manner, only to drop back down in a few moments as if nothing had been said.
"That is an emotional reason. I cannot say I approve of you making such significant decisions based on emotions alone."

"Well yes, that's the emotional reason... Some people may call it the 'stupid' reason, but I digress." She smirked just now, didn't she?
"Well then, let's go ahead with the practical reason: Both girls already suspect that I know more than I say and that may have consequences. I'd rather not Remilia learn that she was the last to find out and that I held it a secret for so long. I imagine she would be pretty upset with me if I allowed that. Also, today Flandre asked me what happened to my hand, and I realized that if I don't tell her, things will only get worse. I can't keep pretending that these things will go away on their own. Flandre's case is critical due to her..." The words get caught in your throat, your mouth feeling awfully dry for a moment, yet you force yourself to say it out loud.
"...emotional stability. For every lie I say I can tell she's trying very hard to let it go... but I fear that her breaking point is close and that may jeopardize her status in the school... among other issues."

"I am certainly glad that you are taking the situation seriously."

You respond with a weak smile, still struggling in your mind - it'd be a huge risk not to consider Flandre capable of becoming a danger to herself and others, yet it'd also feel like a crime to think of her as a monster just waiting to snap.

"Now, I'm aware, as you probably are, that this con was helping Remilia as well. From what I could gather, it seems that this was an 'excuse' for her to socialize and make friends with non-powerful entities like most people do." You chuckle to yourself once again, in response to which Patchouli furrows her brows suspiciously.
"Of course, why would an eternal and all powerful being like a vampire relate to ephemeral things like humans? For most of them we are nothing. Dust in the wind. Hell, even for a Youkai humans' lives must be meaningless. I could steal all your books until the day I die and it'd still look to you as a short-term loan. But, for that very reason, we live our lives fully."

"...Indeed." All of a sudden, you notice that she's not looking at you anymore, instead staring into her desk, her thoughts elsewhere. Did you remind her of something? Or someone?
"That is, after all, where the tremendous amount of potential that hides within all humans originates from; your lifespans. The very reason humans became the dominant species on the planet stems from this, as well; youkai had no need for rapid advances in civilization or technology, their long lives leaving them conservative, distrusting of the new and strange. Instead, humans sought to do as much within their limited time as is possible. And that is what I find most fascinating about you." She lifts her gaze to look you in the eye again, face perfectly expressionless, yet her eyes seem somehow... different. You decide to continue, after a moment of silence hints that she's not going to say any more on the subject.

"...Look, I'm not a good example, but I think that there are many interesting humans out there and Remilia should learn how to effectively socialize with them... without the need of this elaborate hoax... without any 'excuses'. On equal terms, viewing humans as more than cattle, or puppets provided for her amusement."

"And you; how do you view youkai, then? Do you not view us as monsters, even after your experiences with both Flandre and Rumia?" You can tell from her gaze that she likely wouldn't be particularly offended even if you told her you think she's a horrible unholy creature. Heh.

"You know, at first I didn't want to be reminded that all the people I spend my days with are... different. The thought scared me at first, so I tried to pretend they were just like me, at first..." Well, save for the 'accessories' and odd hair/eye colors, of course.
"I may seem to have accepted it all, but really I keep having to remind myself that everyone here is so much more than meets the eye. You could say the situation has reversed: I've learned to accept them as people to the point where I end up forgetting about the potential dangers of, say for example, upsetting Flandre, or getting caught alone by Rumia. So... I just want everyone to be able to be themselves in front of me, and not have to live a lie that I'm fostering. Because sustaining a lie, even if it is for someone's benefit, feels dishonest."

"I see." She leans back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest and staring at you for a while after this dry response, leaving you feeling rather uncomfortable.
"Then, I suppose you would like my advice on the matter."

"I'd, ah, appreciate it, yes..."

"Then I would advise you to wait just a little bit longer. If you truly do not wish to offend Remilia, then I would suggest revealing the truth to her in a situation where you are not on equal grounds - such as in school - but where she is in a higher position compared to you - for example, in the end of another visit to the mansion. Such a gesture would further emphasize your points, would it not?" ...Well, she does have a point there, but...

"Wouldn't that put me at further risk, assuming Remilia doesn't take it well..?"

"You might think her to be more receptive of such news in her current state. Yet, would it not make more sense for her to be more likely to lose her temper and inhibitions, the way she is right now, stressed and unrested?"

"...Point taken. What about Rumia's attempts to sabotage my relationship with the sisters?"

"Mmmyes... Well, my offer still stands." Again, she sounds so ridiculously serious about it.

"I don't think it'll come to that being necessary, but thanks..."

"But your words now contradict your earlier ones. You said that Rumia has attempted to kill you several times, that she is throwing your life into chaos, and that you would not feel any guilt from lying to her a thousand times. And yet you do not wish me to remove the pest from your life. Why is this? Do you not hate her?"

"Um, well..."



[] "Yes, I hate her guts. But this is between me and her alone."
[] "I don't hate her. I'm sure she's actually a nice person deep down inside, and maybe I can help bring it out."
[] "I don't feel hatred toward her, but pity. Isn't it slightly pathetic for a youkai to be this hung up over a human?"
[] "You know what? Do as you like. I don't really care what happens to her."
[] "I don't know... I think I'm actually starting to like fooling around with her like this, as hazardous to my health as it may be. Maybe I need psychiatric help."
[] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[] (Write-in)
>> No. 102314
Awesome.

[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
>> No. 102315
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."

So, are we going to visit the mansion today?
>> No. 102316
[X] "You know what? Do as you like. I don't really care what happens to her."

No more sabotage, wheee!
>> No. 102317
>"You never did tell me what happened between you and Remilia the other day."
Does anyone remember why we choose not to tell her?
>> No. 102320
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."

I like having a rival, especially a cute one~ Besides, she's not that bad.
>> No. 102321
[x] "I don't feel hatred toward her, but pity. Isn't it slightly pathetic for a youkai to be this hung up over a human?"
>> No. 102323
>>102320

Not even with that biting incident and an obvious attempt to ruin Jin and Flandre's relationship in the very worse way?

If not for that last incident, I'd be partial for leaving her be, but now it's clear that if we give her more and more time to work, the worse things will be.
>> No. 102324
[x] "You know what? Do as you like. I don't really care what happens to her. At first I did feel sorry for her, not having a real family, but with recent events, it's clear she means to bring chaos to both mine and Flandre's lives. She's going to be trouble regardless of how nice I might be."
[x] Tell Patchy what happened between us and Remilia the other day.

Rumia's going to get someone seriously hurt or killed if this keeps up. She's a homicidal psychopath and I don't get how anyone can ignore that because she's "cute".
>> No. 102325
>>102317
Because Remilia explicitly said not to. She was really embarrassed over that whole affair.
>> No. 102327
[X] "I don't necessarily hate her, nor do I view her as a friend. Do as you like short of killing her. I have no doubts Rumia would go full force upon me if given the chance, however I'll continue to stand for my beliefs in relations between youkai and humans and defend them as well.

I will also consider at least telling Remilia the truth when she's at her best condition, as you say, on "equal" terms.

Rumia may want to continue trying to kill/fuck up Jin's life, but Jin shouldn't lower himself to the same frame of mind of Rumia. Runia is after all, a "rival". Rumia had plenty of chances after a couple of defeats to kill Jin in private; even with the risk of Reimu/any one else bearing down on her, if she felt like it she very will may kill.

Jin's better then that.

As for telling the truth, simply have Jin say he wishes to make a visit to SDM, explaining that what he wishes to have and audience with her when she's feeling much better. As for Flandre, why not make a day for exploring with SDM as home base?
>> No. 102328
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
>> No. 102329
>now I've become unable to feel tired
In my experience, your body turns off your ability to feel tired after around 48 hours with absolutely no sleep (probably under the assumption that if you've stayed awake that long, it's because you're in some dangerous situation and feeling tired is a hindrance). Odds are you were quite tired in the 24-36 hour interval, you've just forgotten already; memory creation gets pretty random around 36 hours.

[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
>> No. 102330
>>102327

I think she's given up on directly killing Jin, instead making his life hell in little ways, and what better way to see a hated enemy die than seeing his very love interest kill him in an insane rage right before the love interest is put down by Reimu/etc?

Still, I wonder how Patchy might non-fatally remove her, perhaps freezing her in a massive block of ice perhaps or turn her into a statue?
>> No. 102331
[∀] "You know what? Do as you like. I don't really care what happens to her."

CLEANING UP GENSOKYO, ONE PEST AT A TIME
>> No. 102332
[x] "I don't necessarily hate her, nor do I view her as a close friend. Do as you like, short of killing her. I have no doubts Rumia would go full force upon me if given the chance, however I'll continue to stand for my beliefs in relations between youkai and humans and defend them as well.

Off the topic: has Tenshi been in class these last few days?
>> No. 102333
>>102328

Having a little monster potentially ruin a relationship with a girl if pushed far enough will most likely nuke most of Gensokyo is not what anyone in their partially right mind consider fun.

And for the record, she does have good advice, just a matter of telling the sisters that you prefer to talk with Remilia when she's well rested. Perhaps trying to spend the night at the mansion again (This time holding off on training tonight as to spend some time with the sisters)
>> No. 102334
Did Rumia eat Patchu's pet cat or something? For someone as composed and logical as her, she seems pretty intent on ending the girl.
>> No. 102335
File 125736401041.jpg - (133.75KB , 671x564 , the weathervain is a cheese detector.jpg ) [iqdb]
102335
Please, no more write ins. You answered a simple question with a soliloquy. Not to mention that the cheese factor of this thread went through the roof with that last update.

It was so cheesy, Nazrin began to sniff around this thread. She's still here, ravenously devouring the cheese in that write in. She'll be full way before she can finish!

Please, somebody think of the Nazrin.
>> No. 102337
>>102334
Rumia has been -trying- to eat Patchu's "pet cat".

You know.

Jin.
>> No. 102338
>>102334
Because she knows Flan will flip if anything happens to Jin, or if Rumia keeps sabotaging their relationship.

>>102329
>you've just forgotten already; memory creation gets pretty random around 36 hours.
No, he was in chat and kept bringing it up.
>> No. 102339
>>102324
You guys have no heart. Do you even remember what she said about her family? No of course you don't, you pricks.

That said, the second part of your post seems usable. If anything, to keep a coherence between what he says and what he does.

[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[x] Tell Patchy what happened between us and Remilia the other day.
>> No. 102340
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
>> No. 102342
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
>>102334
>Did Rumia eat Patchu's pet cat or something?
>Rumia chewed up Jin's finger
Well.. Yeah.
>> No. 102343
>>102324
>She's a homicidal psychopath and I don't get how anyone can ignore that because she's "cute".

That's why tacitly condoning murdering her despite the fact that she passed up on killing you multiple times is the sanest, healthiest response.

What the hell is wrong with you?
>> No. 102344
File 125736485320.png - (190.72KB , 800x800 , e2a2f8d257ef409e7c9531a1050f0ade.png ) [iqdb]
102344
[X] "No, I don't hate her. She's sneaky, devious, and were it not for that duel she might still be trying to kill me, but she's not entirely bad.
[X] "After I had won, when I was so worn out I couldn't even move on my own, she was the one who carried me back home, helped me to bed, and even watched over me while I rested. She could have just ditched where I was, yet she didn't."
[X] "Hell, when she's not trying to be an evil little monster, she can actually be kind of fun."
[X] "I guess what I'm saying is I want to try to understand her, to see beyond the face she normally shows of herself."
[X] "If I didn't at least try to do that much, and instead merely wrote her off as some dangerous monster who must be avoided, how would I be any different than anyone who acts the same towards Flandre?"


>>Does anyone remember why we choose not to tell her?

Because Remilia explicitly told us to never bring it up again, we promised not to, and last I checked we kind of cared about things like keeping our word and not betraying trust.

Plus, there's no reason to tell Patchouli now, since she wound up making us promise to not tell Remilia about us seeing her in that state she was in after we broke her while training.
So, basically, Remi and Patchy are even in terms of things being kept from each other by Jin. If either of them want to know the truth, they can tell each other directly.
>> No. 102345
>>102314
here. Adding.
[x] Tell Patchy what happened between us and Remilia the other day.
>> No. 102346
File 12573654436.gif - (3.44KB , 100x100 , what_the_hell_man.gif ) [iqdb]
102346
>>102345
>> No. 102347
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
>> No. 102348
>>102343

She's just doing things indirectly. And if she weren't trying to make Jin and Flan's budding relationship explode in the very worse way, I'd be more sympathetic to her.

And why are people so hell bent on breaking the promise to Remilia not to Tell Patchy about it? >>102344 Explains pefectly why we shouldn't tell Patchy.

One could say to Patchy, "Same reason you told me not to tell Remilia about your condition"
>> No. 102350
>>102349

Even breaking a promise to Remilia? I think Patchy would understand the value of secrets considering how she had us keep some from Remi. We should remind Patchy of this as to make the point clear.

>>102346 has it right: Breaking the promise to Remilia is a "What the hell, man!?"

And I think a simple explaination of realizing that prefering Remilia should be rested to be fact enough. Perhaps mentioning out of ear shot of nosy tengus?

>>102346
>> No. 102353
>>102338
>Because she knows Flan will flip if anything happens to Jin

That makes sense. Keeping the hydrogen bomb in a school uniform placated makes more sense for her than getting broken up over some dumb kid getting himself killed off.

[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
>> No. 102355
>>102349
>>Second, in the spirit of complete disclosure, we should tell Patch what happened with Remi the other day, since she seems hung up on it, and it is hypocritical to hide things from her while expounding on the virtues of being completely frank with the Scarlet sisters.

But then, is it not also hypocritical to keep hiding the fact the reason we smelled like Patchouli that night Remilia was making stupid assumptions was because we had to carry the sickly librarian to bed because she was coughing up blood and too weak to move?

Plus, isn't it hypocritical to keep a promise you made to Patchouli to not tell Remilia something while you're breaking a promise you made to Remilia to not tell Patchouli (or anyone else) something?
>> No. 102356
Guys guys, stop adding the vote to tell Patchy about what happened between us and Remilia. If Remi were ever to find out, she would waste no time tearing our throats out, so stop it already.

[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
>> No. 102358
[X] "You know what? Do as you like. I don't really care what happens to her. At first I did feel sorry for her, not having a real family, but with recent events, it's clear she means to bring chaos to both mine and Flandre's lives. She's going to be trouble regardless of how nice I might be."
[x] "But I'd much rather prefer the removal be non-lethal. Just a bit of that foolish emotion I guess"
>> No. 102360
>>102350

You're right.

I'd still rather we come out and say why then, than to ignore that she mentioned the matter.

[x] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[x] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
[x] And tell Patchy that you made a promise to Remilia you wouldn't tell anyone what happened. If Patchouli calls foul, recall the promise you made with her about seeing her in the state you did. If anything, Patchouli should be wondering why her good friend Remilia decided not to tell her herself, while being liberal with intimate details like the portrait.

Say something Marisa-ish then quickly change the subject. Your non sequiturs only serve to intrigue Patchouli more.

Framing the information gap between her and Remilia as a problem in communication between her and Remilia rather than you and her might be a good way to make Patchouli more assertive with Remi. We promised not to tell anyone, but saying that something happened is not breaking that promise. Moreover, Patchouli is sly; she can bring it up with Remilia in a way that doesn't implicate us. Plus, I think it'll do quite a bit toward showing Patchouli who she should believe if it ever comes to conflicting information, if we admit something happened but refuse to tell her, while Remilia instead lies casually about it. It also goes a long way toward assuring our safety whenever Patchouli decides it's worth ruffling Remi's feathers to clarify something about us, since it's proof to Remilia that we're important to her friend

Patchouli has a point about where we reveal this information having an impact on Remilia's reaction. Doing so in a public place, in front of Flandre, is going to seem like a calculated move in order to avoid her wrath. She invited us over to the mansion this weekend, so I think we should tell her then, privately and alone in a place where she feels powerful. She may get angry, and she has a right to, but I don't think she'll harm us, if Patchouli is advising it.

But this means we need to come up with something else to tell them after school today. Something important, and not just another lie.
>> No. 102361
[x] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[x] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."
[x] And tell Patchy that you made a promise to Remilia you wouldn't tell anyone what happened. If Patchouli calls foul, recall the promise you made with her about seeing her in the state you did. If anything, Patchouli should be wondering why her good friend Remilia decided not to tell her herself, while being liberal with intimate details like the portrait.
>> No. 102365
For the thing to tell them after school, why not tell them you would like to live in the mansion?
>> No. 102366
Question to all those voting for >>102356

How are you going to deal with Rumia's plotting to ruin Jin's life and cause Flandre to go critical? Since that is indeed her plan.

And choosing to let her run around will most likely come to bite Jin one way or another, so I want to hear what kind of countermeasures you folks have other than "She's cute" or other stupid stuff.
>> No. 102367
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
>> No. 102368
I would like to point out, to those who don't want to throw Rumia under the bus, that perhaps Patchouli might better appreciate the stance of not dealing with the little monster by appealing to her reason.

After all, Patchouli said she doesn't know why Rumia would be acting as she has, moving into Jin's home and such, and we all know she hates not knowing things, right?

Patchouli seems to expect Jin should hate Rumia, and yet isn't there something wrong about that? After all, much like the fear Rumia thinks humans should feel towards youkai, hatred is an emotion that's fueled more by ignorance than by knowledge.

There is no reason to fear the dark if you know it's hiding nothing that could harm you, just as there is no reason to hate an animal for biting you if you understand why it bites.

Just as we do not fear Flandre for being a centuries-old blood-sucker who could tear us apart with her bare hands, nor hate her for biting us, we should not fear or hate our little darkness-manipulating rival.

What is better? To continue to fear and hate something that could harm you, allowing your ignorance and prejudice to continue? Or to learn about it, understand it, and in doing so replace that fear and hate with a sense of respect for it?

Which would Patchouli be more appreciative of?
>> No. 102371
>>102366
>How are you going to deal with Rumia's plotting to ruin Jin's life and cause Flandre to go critical? Since that is indeed her plan.

You're giving Rumia way too much credit.

She's antagonizing Jin, yes, but in the clumsiest and most obvious of manners.

She has no plan. Just desperate attempts to make Jin afraid of Flandre, because she is a youkai and that is the way things are supposed to be in her mind. These attempts have thus far failed.

Hell, Jin being unmotivated to get rid of her even now is another nail in that coffin.
>> No. 102372
[X] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
[X] "Besides, I sort of... well, look, I'm not going to claim that human emotions always make the most sense, but I... I think I might be enjoying this. Just a little. It's kind of... fun, in its way."

Yes, most relationships are built up upon pity anway.
>> No. 102373
>>102365

>For the thing to tell them after school, why not tell them you would like to live in the mansion?

That would be interesting.
>> No. 102376
File 125737123835.jpg - (47.88KB , 640x498 , rumiabig001.jpg ) [iqdb]
102376
>>102366
>Since that is indeed her plan.

No it isn't, and the fact that you don't realize this is evidence that you haven't been paying attention.

Rumia doesn't want to ruin Jin's life, though it might not bother her terribly if she did. She doesn't want Flandre to snap completely either, given that it might result in Rumia's death. Rumia stated outright that what she wants is for Jin to be afraid, to fear youkai for what they are.

Jin's attitude is the antithesis of Rumia's - he wants to understand and treat youkai equally, and she wants him to cower in ignorance and fear. It's another reason that a rivalry between them works so well; hell, the healthy position to take is probably the middle ground between the two, where one acknowledges the dangers of associating with youkai, but doesn't let it color their judgment of youkai as people. Jin and Rumia could probably learn something from each other.

As for letting Rumia run around possibly coming back to bite Jin in the ass: maybe so, but choosing to get involved with a mentally unstable vampire girl and her sister who overreacts to everything could come back to bite Jin in the ass too. Frankly, Flandre has endangered his life just as often as Rumia, and probably more seriously at that. The way that Flan originally reacted to Jin's lie about the bathroom suggests to me that she isn't nearly as innocent or ignorant as she appears - at least Rumia is upfront with her slightly sadistic behavior. I don't think either of them bear real malicious intent toward him at this point though.

>>102368

You make a good point, but humans are creatures of emotion. I'd suggest we put forth the practical, more logical reasons for our stance only if Patchouli isn't satisfied with the emotional reasons.
>> No. 102377
>>102371

So far, but I'm sure she'll step things up; telling the sisters the truth is a big step towards undoing her plots.

Since the most damaging thing to Jin about her plot is the web of lies, barring Rumia wising up.

Sure Rumia's been using simple plots so far, but she isn't anywhere near stupid.

And if she's indeed Yukari's daughter , then she might have more scheming ability than what she shows. Hopefully Jin never removes her ribbon.
>> No. 102378
>>102376

So far the sisters have wreaked incidental damage, not intentional. And the latest case was a direct result of Rumia's bite.

And the original lie was so very weak that not even a child would fully believe it, that's why Flan reacted the way she did. Though the string of lies must end very soon.

You do have some good points, but one way or another, Rumia's going to end up playing with fire.
>> No. 102379
>>102365
I've been thinking about that, but didn't Remi or someone else already mention that idea and shoot it down? I forget now. Besides that I'm all for it.
>> No. 102383
too much tl;dr since >>102314

Let's just take Patchy, she is just perfect. You won't find someone else who fits so good together with Jin.
>> No. 102385
>>102383

You poor, desperate bastard.
>> No. 102389
>>102382
Like some anon said, 3 threads ago, Jin's a keeper. I hope Remilia and Flandre realize this when he tells them the truth.

"Yes, I knew that you survive by drinking my species' blood. Yes, I knew that you two are legendary monsters of the night, with enough power to destroy me with a thought. And, yes, I knew and I didn't (I don't) gave a fuck"
>> No. 102402
>>The way that Flan originally reacted to Jin's lie about the bathroom suggests to me that she isn't nearly as innocent or ignorant as she appears - at least Rumia is upfront with her slightly sadistic behavior.

Hell, what about that night at Keine's, when she pulled that "cute, innocent kid afraid of the dark" act? For claiming to not wanting to be treated like a kid, she obviously knows how to take advantage of that image to manipulate others. Considering the circumstances, this should probably be more troubling to us that it has been.

See, while it may have seemed vaguely idiotic for Jin to agree to sleep with Flandre again after being bitten by her once, the real problem with the matter is the fact that Flandre asked to sleep with Jin again after biting him once.

As distraught as she was after doing it the first time, you would think she'd be very wary of letting it happen again. Yet she apparently was not. She not only approached Jin about sleeping with him again with seemingly little hesitation, she was even willing to resort to putting on an act to do it.

Rumia might be sneaky, but it's a rather transparent kind of sneakiness. The kind where she might be hiding behind a blind corner, just waiting for you to come around so she can pounce on you, but at least you know to expect that of her.
>> No. 102406
>>102402

i don't think you took into consideration Jin's bitten hand or Flan not eating her normal meal. I think things would have gone differently in that case.

And we must consider that perhaps Remilia refuses her requests of similar nature without that as an excuse.

I think that whole thing was a bit of progress for trust building.
>> No. 102407
>>102402

i don't think you took into consideration Jin's bitten hand or Flan not eating her normal meal. I think things would have gone differently in that case.

And we must consider that perhaps Remilia refuses her requests of similar nature without that as an excuse.

I think that whole thing was a bit of progress for trust building.
>> No. 102423
>>i don't think you took into consideration Jin's bitten hand or Flan not eating her normal meal. I think things would have gone differently in that case.

That's part of the point.
Flandre slept with Jin, bit him, and yet didn't show any concern at all about it possibly happening again? She wouldn't just forget something like that, so then why did it not worry her in the least? Did she not think for even a minute that it might happen again? Or did she simply not care if it did?

>>And we must consider that perhaps Remilia refuses her requests of similar nature without that as an excuse.

Keep in mind, Remilia likely has the whole "I don't want you accidentally breaking my stuff in your sleep" thing as an excuse. You remember how she kinda freaked out when Flandre just messed up the bedding a little? Now imagine what happens if, in the midst of the nightmare, she starts making things explode?

Besides, I don't think vampires are naturally inclined to feed on each other, anyway, so getting bitten by her own sister probably wouldn't even register as a possibility to Remilia.
>> No. 102446
Just kinda thought that at this rate Patchy is gonna be the thread opener again.
>> No. 102450
>>102446


There is nothing wrong with that.
>> No. 102454
File 125744018240.jpg - (750.94KB , 1151x802 , 51aeea834ab9fead1d0e9e18fd786b8e.jpg ) [iqdb]
102454
>>102450
Quite the contrary in fact. Patchy~
>> No. 102456
>>102454
I would like some change though
>> No. 102458
>>102446
I see no problem with that. In fact, i would like to see this with every new thread.
>> No. 102463
File 125744546257.jpg - (114.54KB , 607x730 , sparechange.jpg ) [iqdb]
102463
>I would like some change though
>> No. 102464
[x] "I feel sorry for the poor girl, since I think she's never had a family of her own. If she wants to think of herself as my rival-sister thing, let her."
>> No. 102470
>>102469