[Return]
Archived thread

File 125646887914.jpg - (189.67KB , 637x800 , 1103431.jpg ) [iqdb]
100368 No. 100368
[x] May as well get Aya's order all wrapped up and contact her

Pushing the thoughts of stripping the tomato vine clean and eating all of the delicious food was set aside, no time for that now. Besides, while a plain tomato was good, you could use it to cook something instead... though nothing was really popping into your head at the moment. Aya's order was almost done, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get it all out of the way now rather then put it off. Although your hand was a bit sore from yesterday's needle abuse, you were much better rested now so you didn't expect you would have a repeat of last night.

Picking up one of Aya's finished masks, you hold it near your face, trying to see why she owned all these masks. They might be purely for collection and not meant to be worn, but from what you could tell the masks did get the occasional use. Placing the mask back down on the table, you go and pick up one of the damaged ones, before starting to search around for your tools to start your work.

~

Aya picked up one of her masks, turning it over in her hands as she inspected it with a careful eye. After a moment, she places the mask back down, picks up the next and repeats the action. She does this for each of her masks, the clothes, and even her desk. When she finishes her inspection, she grins at you and nods.

"Very impressive work Reina! They look brand new, I really have to thank you for being such a dedicated worker I mean... I only dropped them off yesterday night almost! It didn't even take a day. I hope you didn't work yourself too hard, did you?"

You shake your head, "Of course not, well except for last night with the needle and thread I suppose..."

"At least you learned to not sew when you're tired, right?" stated the tengu matter-of-factly.

"I would've prefered to learn it in a less painful way, but yes I did. So I trust everything turned out as you hoped?"

"Better actually, I didn't think you would've been done for at least a few days! Don't you ever take a day off or something?"

"Well, once in a while sure. Mostly on days when I don't have danmaku lessons I suppose..." you shrug slightly, "why do you ask?"

The tengu smiled, "Just wanted to make sure you weren't overworking yourself. I'd feel pretty guilty if you put all this effort forward just because you know me on a somewhat personal level. But now then! Payment... let's see..." Aya opened her book, and scribbled down some notes, before searching for something on her person, "I'm afraid it's probably much less then you get from say the mansion or Eientei but, well... I just don't make as much as they do, you understand right?"

"Really don't worry about it so much, if I didn't need money to buy things, I'd probably just work for free..." you admit sheepishly as the tengu hands you some bills.

"You're a pretty nice person Reina, I like that about you." comments the tengu, "Though I guess at first you seemed to be a bit of a, well... pardon the language, but a bit of a bitch... though I guess given how that whole thing went down, I guess I can't really blame you."

You shake your head, "I shouldn't have been so mad over the whole thing, so don't go blaming yourself about it Aya. I'm just a little curious but, ah, as I was mending the clothes I couldn't help but notice..."

"That some weren't mind?" finished Aya with a grin, "You'd be right. Back over at the mountain I have a... friend, named Momizi, her clothes were a bit beaten up so I decided I may as well get them fixed for her too! You, ah, didn't mind doing that did you?"

"Ah, no of course not. I was just curious, that's all."

Aya smiled and nodded her head, "Speaking of curiousity, how about as a little bit of extra payment... you have anything you want to ask me? I am, after all, one of the most knowledgeable youkai around," boasted the tengu, "so if you've got something you've been dying to know, rumor or fact... and even if you don't, how about I take you out somewhere to get something to eat? My treat."

---

Question the Tengu?:
[ ] Ask more about hiring help...
- [ ] How about fairies?
- [ ] Any humans coming to mind?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Ask about someone...
- [ ] Reimu? (specify)
- [ ] Marisa? (specify)
- [ ] Yuuka? (specify)
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Well, how about...
- [ ] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
- [ ] Perhaps see if she knows anything about Reimu's mom?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Other?

Aya's offer:
[ ] Accept!
- [ ] Any specific place? (i.e. ramen stand, sushi bar, etc.)
[ ] Decline

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> ++ Aya Shameimaru

>> No. 100369
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?
>> No. 100373
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?
>> No. 100374
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?
>> No. 100381
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?
>> No. 100382
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?
>> No. 100394
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Her house in the Tengu mountain!
She likes to come to her house every day or so... Fair's fair.
>> No. 100397
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?
>> No. 100417
>>100369 here

Why asking for humans guys? Then again, I'm not sure if Krisslanza meant humans as in actual humans or humanoid workers.

I was sorta hoping that Aya would bring Momiji along and push her into helping out once in a while. But if Reina means actual humans, Aya might not think about that. Then again, why ask a youkai specifically about humans?

Those who were voting humans, who were you hoping to get at all? An original character?
>> No. 100423
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?
>> No. 100425
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] How about an Ad in Bunbunmaru?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Her house in the Tengu mountain!
>> No. 100434
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?

>>100417
Hmm.
>> No. 100437
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
-[x] How about an Ad in Bunbunmaru?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Her house in the Tengu mountain!
>> No. 100465
File 125651019270.jpg - (157.20KB , 556x750 , 4db5f39fca294f194b7d910f11d84830.jpg ) [iqdb]
100465
[x] Ask more about hiring help...
- [x] Any humans coming to mind?
[x] Well, how about...
- [x] Does she know anyway to help you learn to fly?
[x] Accept!
- [x] Any place she recommends?

It would've been rude to turn down Aya's offer, besides it'd be a nice change of pace to be the one treated to food instead of doing the treating for a change.

"Sounds fine to me, I haven't really been sampling much of the food around here, aside from Mokou's yakitori that one time..."

"That girl is a pretty fine chef I hear, though I haven't tried any of that yakitori of her's but..." the tengu shrugged, "I'll treat you to something nice! I guess you don't have anything in mind, huh?"

You shake your head, "No, not really. If you don't mind, can we go eat first? I can ask you questions still, right?"

Aya nodded her head, "Sure! I could use a bite to eat myself anyway."

~

The tengu led you to the village where she quickly guided you to a foodstand. Unlike Mokou's foodstand, which smelled strongly of yakitori, this one didn't seem to give off any particularly hunger-inducing smells, although you could see what looked like steam rising out of the stand. Aya began to engage in conversation with the stand owner, while you merely stood by waiting. Judging by the tone of Aya's voice, and the man in charge of the stand, the two knew each other quite well - perhaps Aya was a regular customer here.

Looking around you, you noticed the foodstand shared the same name as another store nearby it, and had to reason the stand served food on the go, while the actual store - a bakery - was more for customers buying in bulk, or had more time on their hands. It was a pretty good set-up really, though you can't imagine people in Gensokyo being much in a hurry, unless you're someone like Aya perhaps.

"Well, it'll be a little bit longer Reina, they'll make us some fresh curry bread." stated the tengu, striding up to your side with a smile.

"Curry bread?" you ask, cocking your head to the side.

The tengu blinks in surprise, "Never heard of it? It's curry in..." she notes your confused expression remains, "y-you've never had curry before!? Is it not popular in the outside world or something?"

"I-I'm not sure. I couldn't really ever afford eating out, and well..."

"I-I see, er well... I guess this'll be a good experience then! Momizi can make a pretty good curry dish, but she can't hold a candle to the curry bread they make here." stated Aya matter-of-factly, "I like to swing by here in the morning and grab some food to snack on during the day. I also got some meat buns ordered up, which I guess you've never had either, huh...?"

You shake your head, "Nope. It's always nice to try out new foods though, and I'm sure it'll be delicious." you pause for a moment, "Well, since we have time, may I ask you something Aya?"

"Don't even need to ask, speak your mind Reina."

"Well, you see I tried to learn flying from Reimu one day but that didn't work out too well..."

"As I understand it, flight is something rather difficult to learn for humans." interrupted Aya, she started to flip through her notebook, "Even powerful humans usually can't do it without an outside aid. Take for example Marisa, while I haven't been able to confirm or deny it, I suspect her broom might be what enables her to fly. I did try asking her once, but she just said 'All witches have to use a broom ze!', so..." the tengu shrugged, "now, as for Reimu she used to require the aid of a, well, turtle..."

"A... turtle?" you ask in surprise.

The tengu nodded, flipped through a few pages and pulled out a photograph of a turtle with a beard to show you, "It's a bit strange sure, but she did use this turtle as her means of flying for some time. She eventually learned to fly on her own, of course but... well, if you wanted to fly I guess you could try to find that turtle. I believe his name was..." Aya pauses to search through her notebook, "Genjii. He's supposed to be staying at the shrine somewhere, but I suspect if Reimu didn't mention him, he might not be there anymore."

"Or maybe she just forgot all about it... well, this is pretty interesting. I never thought of a turtle that could fly..."

"You have to learn that the unusual to you, is pretty normal here in Gensokyo. Just about anything has some kind of special power, in Genjii's case it's the ability to fly." stated the tengu, she glanced over to the stand to see the owner waving to her, "Ah! Order is all done! You're gonna love this Reina."

Aya quickly paid the owner, bid him farewell and thanks, before grabbing you by the hand to pull you off somewhere to enjoy the meal. She didn't go too far, before releasing the grip on your hand, and sitting herself down on the grass. Judging by the short distance, the foodstand/bakery must've been close to the outskirts of the village, or more likely, Aya just ran really, really fast.

Joining the tengu on the grass, she digs around in the bag before pulling out what looked like a piece of toasted bread, "Here you go, curry bread, freshly baked! Be careful, it's still hot."

You take the offered food, and bite into it carefully, "Hey! This is pretty good!" you exclaim, before taking another bite.

"What did I tell you, huh? Pretty good stuff." the tengu took a bite out of a vaguely-onion like food, which you suspect were the 'meat buns' she mentioned, "So, what else is on your mind Reina?"

"Well... I would like to get some help to run the store, it's kind of hard on me having to hand deliver all these orders, especially when I have to go pick them up usually too. You know of anyone in the village who is looking to employment?"

Aya pauses midbite, glancing to you, she chews the food in her mouth before speaking, "Looking for a human then?"

You tilt your head slightly to the side, reaching into the bag to fetch another snack, "Well, yes. I'm not too familiar with fairies, and you said yourself they can be unreliable, so..."

The tengu frowns slightly, "I guess I did say that. Let me think..." she flips through her notebook, idlely taking some bites from her meat bun, "there's not a whole lot to my knowledge. Most of the humans have their own jobs already, and the only unemployed really tend to be younger folk, though I'm not sure they're too suitable for employment really."

You nod your head, chomping down the last of a meat bun, "I see. I guess given the scarcity of humans in Gensokyo, that makes sense..."

"More or less. I guess you might feel more comfortable working with humans, but they're not very easy to employ around here." said Aya matter-of-factly, "Even the Scarlet Devil Mansion is mostly staffed by fairies, even if Sakuya does most, if not all, of the work. Though I guess fairies might not be terribly useful, other then perhaps very simple tasks. I don't think you'll ever find anyone who can aid you in the actual work itself, you'll just have to settle with someone to help do the menial labor."

"I guess it's better then nothing..."

---

Well, that didn't yield as much info as you hoped...:
[ ] Take your leave and go to...
- [ ] The shrine?
- [ ] Marisa's house
- [ ] Back home
[ ] See if Aya wants to do anything?
- [ ] Or did you have something in mind? (specify)
[ ] Try asking the tengu more (specify)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> "To find a Turtle..." sidequest started

I'm going to ask a question here:
What do you all think of RiG? And be honest.
>> No. 100472
[x] Take your leave and go to...
-[x] Marisa's house
--[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
>> No. 100474
[x] Take your leave and go to:
-[x] Marisa's house
--[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. Maybe a magical artifact or something?

Can we get there safely?

That and perhaps a bit less freedom wouldn't hurt, but it's a nice slice of life story.
>> No. 100476
[x] Take your leave and go to...
-[x] Marisa's house
--[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.

I've enjoyed it. Wish the days were a little longer though.
>> No. 100482
[0] Take your leave and go to...
-[1] Marisa's house
--[2] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
>> No. 100483
[x] Take your leave and go to...
-[x] Marisa's house
--[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
>> No. 100484
[x] Take your leave and go to...
-[x] Marisa's house
--[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
>> No. 100508
[x] Try asking the tengu more:
-[x] Ask Aya about Reimu's mom
[x] Thank her for the meal, and take your leave.
[x] Go to...
-[x] The shrine
- [x] Ask Reimu about Genjii
- [x] Ask Reimu about finding employees

>>100465
>What do you all think of RiG? And be honest.
It's not amazing, groundbreaking, or fascinating, but it doesn't really feel like it was meant to be.
It's a fun slice of life thing. I can't really think why the hell Reina would seem so special to Yukari, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

...Besides, like every Anon, I want to be the little girl, and the only thing better than being the little girl is being Yuuka's trophy wife/loli and/or personal bitch, as well.
>> No. 100512
File 12565260326.jpg - (414.32KB , 1024x768 , 5eb8f587f892bd91c719d612bcb60b2e.jpg ) [iqdb]
100512
Picture unrelated

---

[x] Take your leave and go to...
-[x] Marisa's house
--[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.

You reach into the bag and pull out the last curry bread, taking a bite out of it and savoring the taste, "I really need to go and buy these sometime, or something..."

"You could try to make your own, you're not a half bad cook yourself Reina." suggested Aya with a shrug,

"Well, thanks for the compliment Aya." you smile at the tengu before rising to your feet, finishing off the last of the curry bread, "Thanks for the meal, it was very good. I hope it didn't cost you too much, did it...?"

"Nah, me and the owner go way back... well, to be more exact, me and his family line in general go way back. His family has a pretty good tradition of selling good food, I've been a regular customer for some centuries there." stated the tengu with a smile.

"It's still so odd to hear you talk so casually about living for that long..."

The tengu laughs and gets up to her feet, crumpling up the empty bag, "Ah, you get used to it. You humans get pretty sensitive about your ages when you get older, but when you've lived as long as I have? Well, each year is just another number. I guess that's something I envy about you humans, you live a short lifespan, but you always try to get the most out of it, knowing it's so short, you know?" Aya shook her head, "Us youkai live very long lifespans, so well... it's just different. But here I go, rambling on about things..."

"Ah, don't worry about it. I've never thought about it, but I guess you've got the right idea. Live life to it's fullest, is what I've heard from time to time."

"Yup, sounds about right. Well, guess I better get back to doing some work, you have a good day alright Reina?"

"You too Aya, thanks for the meal again." you say with a smile.

Aya waves to you as she walks off, before taking a jump up into the air, quickly becoming a speck as she zipped away into the sky. She really was pretty fast, much faster then Marisa that's for sure. Speaking of Marisa, maybe you should go drop by her house... that would be a pleasent surprise. The sun was still up, so there wasn't much danger of youkai around, and you didn't expect it would take you long to find your way through the forest to her house. Plus she had shown you some of the dangerous plants in the area, and you were reasonably sure you knew your way in.

What's the worst that could happen?

~

In hindsight the phrase "What's the worst that could happen?" is one of those taboo lines, the kind you shouldn't ever utter because it seems to curse you to suffer or something like that. The Forest of Magic seemed to be alive, or at least some kind of twisted forest. When you went in with Reimu, it seemed pretty straight forward, and when Marisa led you to Alice's, it still seemed pretty simple.

But now that you were alone, it was like the forest was completely different. Paths through the underbrush would abruptly end into bushes, or right into a tree. The direction you figured Marisa's house was in, seemed to lead into nothing but more and more trees. Not to mention the constant feeling of being watched by something was gnawing away at you, and you found yourself looking about yourself wildly whenever you heard the snap of a branch. It didn't take long to figure this may have not been the best idea in the world, but by that time you had lost all sense of direction, and you couldn't even remember which was was out of this godforsaken forest.

Peering up through the treetops, you could notice the sky was beginning to change color, signaling that night was starting to draw near. That was not a very good sign, whatever season it was in Gensokyo, night fell quickly and without a source of light you would stand no chance of navigating the forest at night. Not to mention with the sun gone, there would be nothing to keep the wild youkai at bay. You had to think of something, and fast.

---

It's going to get dark, you're likely to be eaten by a - wait a second...:
[ ] Find some place to hide for the night, wait for morning?
[ ] Pick a direction and hope for the best? (Pick a direction)
[ ] Maybe if you climb a tree to the top, you could get above the treetops and figure out which way is out...
[ ] Other?

Pending:
-[x] Marisa's house (En-route)
--[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> You've got a bad feeling about this...

Just a heads-up, that little system message? That's my way of warning you. Choose carefully.
>> No. 100514
>>100513

Sure she'd be awake then? Since it's evening so chances might be good that she's asleep.

Also I seen this coming.

As for what lurks in the forest... it might be Rumia.
>> No. 100519
[x] Contact Yuuka.
-[x] Ask for help
[x] If that fails, head east and hope for the best.

here goes nothing, we can only hope our danmaku skills is enough to drive off a predator.
>> No. 100523
[ ] Find some place to hide for the night, wait for morning?
>> No. 100532
[x] Contact Yuuka.
-[x] Ask for help
[x] If that fails, head east and hope for the best.
>> No. 100539
[x] Contact Yuuka.
-[x] Ask for help
[x] If that fails, head east and hope for the best.
>> No. 100540
[x] Contact Yuuka.
-[x] Ask for help
>> No. 100552
File 12565566201.jpg - (19.99KB , 471x480 , 1201994677185.jpg ) [iqdb]
100552
The fuck did you idiots do. Fuck. How are we going to explain this to anyone?

[x] Maybe if you climb a tree to the top, you could get above the treetops and figure out which way is out...

Let's either make it on our own or bad end this and get it over with.
>> No. 100553
[x] Maybe if you climb a tree to the top, you could get above the treetops and figure out which way is out...

>>100552

Agreed.
>> No. 100559
[X] Pick a direction and hope for the best?
North, err, Forward.
Yuuka's seed are a last resource and climbing a tree is gonna be as useful as landmarks are in the Bamboo forest.
>> No. 100565
>>100552

This is what happens when people bandwagon without thinking.
>> No. 100566
Well, at least I can rest well in the knowledge that I was asleep, and thus didn't vote for the braindead option of going to the forest. And now I can laugh at you silly fools for giving us either a disappointed Yuuka, or death. Or both. Awesome.
>> No. 100567
Yeah, you people always fail to use your heads at the most critical moments. It's been said over and over by the other characters that the forest is bad news solo.

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy my bad end. What's a few deaths going to do anyway? It's not like we have CREDITS or anything now.
>> No. 100568
>>100565
Agreed.
Bandwagon is easy, but at least do some thinking.

[X] Find some place to hide for the night, wait for morning.
---[x] Hide in the hollow tree root. Cover the entrance with leaves or something to camouflage.
>> No. 100579
[X] Find some place to hide for the night, wait for morning.
>> No. 100633
File 12565789307.jpg - (308.83KB , 870x655 , aah17.jpg ) [iqdb]
100633
Picture unrelated, again.

---

[x] Contact Yuuka.
- [x] Ask for help
[x] If that fails, head east and hope for the best.

Pushing back your instinct to panic, you take a moment to calm yourself. No need to worry, you could get out of this place just fine, you just needed to think for a moment... ah! That was it, right you had Yuuka's seeds with you. All you had to do was contact her and ask for her help, she could find you just find in here after all, right? There were plants everywhere that had seen you! Digging around in your pocket, you retrieve the seeds and hold them in your fist, trying to contact Yuuka like you had before...

But nothing happens. You can't hear the youkai's thoughts in your head, only the silence within and the uneasy silence of the forest in general. Frowning, you shake your head, and return the seeds to your pocket. Yuuka must be asleep or something, or perhaps the seeds simply didn't work in the forest? There was so little you knew about them, and now was a bad time to discover their limitations.

With your first plan of action rendered useless, you decide you will try your luck to escape the forest on your own. While your sense of direction had long been oblierated, you do your best to guess which direction is 'north', once you establish that you head east, hopefully to freedom and not deeper into the forest...

~

Even as night fell, the forest remained eeriely quiet. There wasn't even the sound of crickets, the only sounds was the occasional sound of your steps and your own breathing. You were pretty sure you had headed directly east from your previous location, but as you ventured further you saw no end to the forest and as luck would have it, you only seemed to have gotten yourself lost further into the forest. The sky was almost completely dark now, and your vision was vastly limited, preventing you from seeing very far into the trees.

If you didn't know better, you'd have to say your situation was looking very grim. You didn't know what kind of things would prowl the forest under the cover of night, and you could barely make out the plantlife in the area anymore. There had been no response from Yuuka, leaving you to imagine she must've not heard you cry for help at all, and she was really your only contact - you couldn't somehow reach Aya, Marisa, or even Reimu. You had never camped out much either, and you had no food or water, your stomach growled at you hungerily and your mouth was starting to dry.

Continuing your aimless wandering into the forest didn't seem like a good idea, but at the same time you were stuck in the middle of a forest with no noteworthy forms of shelter laying around... quickly surveying your surrondings you could guess you could try taking shelter up in a tree, or in a hole near a tree. Either that, or you could push your luck and keep your wandering going and hope for the best.

---

Darkness falls upon the lost restorer...:
[ ] Best to take shelter and wait for morning...
- [ ] Take refuge up in the trees?
- [ ] How about that hole?
-- [ ] Try to start a fire to get some light going?
[ ] Maybe you're close to the edge of the forest and just don't know it?
- [ ] But which way to walk? (specify)
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> You've got a bad feeling about this...
>> No. 100635
[x] Best to take shelter and wait for morning...
- [x] How about that hole?
--[x] Try cover the entrance with leaves as to hide yourself.

I think this is the soundest option at the moment.
>> No. 100637
>>100635
I'm sure that, considering our luck, that hole has another owner. Like, say, Wriggle.
A fire will attract more Youkai and climb up a tree is a no-go so...

[X] Other
-[X] Try to fly long enough to get out of the forest.

Distress situations are best to discover new skills. it happens on manga so it can't be false, right?
>> No. 100638
[x] Best to take shelter and wait for morning...
-[x] How about that hole?
--[x] Try cover the entrance with leaves as to hide yourself.

>>100637
>considering our luck, that hole has another owner. Like, say, Wriggle.
Reina's real name is actually Jane.
>> No. 100640
>>100637

Wriggle isn't that hostile (she's listed as a normal relationship with humans), and the line of thought seems so far it's not easy for humans to really fly.

But let's see which option the others choose.
>> No. 100641
>>100638
...

I hate you ;..;
>> No. 100642
[x] Best to take shelter and wait for morning...
-[x] How about that hole?

Moving around any more will just get us killed...though I am kind of curious to see a bad end...
>> No. 100650
>>100638

That was a low blow, and ultimately the less that is said of FLA, the better.

>>100642

If Reina gets out of this alive or not, I think we can all agree to only try the forest of magic with a named character with us. That and even here, there's some options that should never be taken even if offered.
>> No. 100657
[x] Danmaku distress signal

What, are you guys retarded? We know danmaku now. We could write out "MARISA, HELP!" in 20 foot letters, probably.
>> No. 100669
>>100657

It might attract predators first.

But not a bad choice in a rather bad situation.
>> No. 100706
We know danmaku, although it's noted that the level of control needed to pull off the Apprentice Sign spellcard tires us out. So, I think doing something like spelling actual words is right out. (Given that you'd have to make it legible from more than one angle, it's much worse than making a box.)

I was thinking that Reina needed another spellcard that wasn't as draining, but it seemed like it could wait until we secure a hiding spot so we could spare the concentration needed to make it.
>> No. 100719
File 125665289587.jpg - (62.04KB , 437x500 , 2031fe89a7792a7040eee3fa118e1327.jpg ) [iqdb]
100719
[x] Best to take shelter and wait for morning...
-[x] How about that hole?
--[x] Try cover the entrance with leaves as to hide yourself.

You had a feeling your luck for the day was already growing dangerously thin, no reason to go and push your luck any further today. Finding your way through the forest in the morning seemed like the best idea, so for now you just had to find a good enough hiding place to keep you hidden until the sun came out, which should solve any wild youkai problems.

Walking over to the tree, you peer into the hole, but can only make out darkness. Well, you had to expect that, there wasn't much light left anyway. An idea struck you, focusing a little bit of energy you fire a danmaku shot into the hole providing you with a brief burst of light. While brief, it did confirm the hole had a bottom and wasn't deep enough that you would fall in and be stuck inside. Pretty convienent hiding place really, but you could make it a little bit better then that.

Searching around the immediate area you gather up an armful of leaves, carefully placing them around the hole to give it the most natural looking appearence you could. Taking a last look around you, you lower yourself into the hole before doing your best to try to hide the opening with more leaves. While you could still see out of the hole, there was little more you could do without finding a way to physically block the hole and then cover it, but you suspect it'd have to do. Now that you were down in the hole, you realized it wasn't really a hole - it was a hollow section underneath the tree. You had to crouch awkwardly and get down on your hands and knees to notice the hole continued deeper in.

You however, had no desire to crawl into that area, after all it was pitch black in there and you couldn't tell if it could've ended in a drop off into a hollow section, it'd be best to just wait in this kind of 'entrance' until you could see the sunlight again. Doing your best to sit down in the cramped space, hugging your knees to your chest. It was going to be a long, long ni-

Suddenly you let out a shrill cry as you feel something wrap around your ankle and pull. Gripping to the dirt siding of the hole, you look down at your ankle to see it's been ensnared by a... vine? It gives another yank as you hold on tightly to the wall, your mind racing to figure out what to do. It should've occured to you that the forest was full of plants out to, more or less, eat you and if the plants had any sort of intelligence, well making a nest inside a hole would seem like a good idea.

As you thought about it more, the plant in the daytime probably lured prey to the entrance of the hole before pulling them in. The only reason it hadn't done that at first was because it was sleeping - but your danmaku and probably just your body heat stirred it from its slumber. Keeping one hand firmly gripped into the wall, you use your other to focus a bit of energy into a danmaku shot before launching it down the tunnel, you're not sure if you hit anything but you feel the vine's grip loosen and you free your ankle.

You quickly start to scramble back up the hole, desperately trying to reach the top before you are halted midway by the same restraining force. Looking down you are horrified to see not just one of the vine-like appendages, but can see more of them starting to snake out of the tunnel - your show of force had only seemed to enrage it further. In spite of the grip on your ankle you start to claw your way up the hole, you are almost to the top when the plant yanks on your ankle hard - it feels like it's trying to rip your foot off.

Letting out a startled cry, you are dragged down the hole a bit before you get your grip again, your fingers ache with pain. The plant tugs again, you slip further down the hole.

"Reina? Did you try to call me earlier?" speaks the voice of the youkai in your head.

You can't give up your hold on the wall to reach the seeds in your pocket, all your energy focused on trying to claw your way up the hole to freedom. The plant pulls again, slowly starting to drag you down the hole in spite of your efforts to prevent it. Screaming and sobbing wildly you do your best to kick your leg free, but it's to no avail, you're too weak to pull yourself up the hole...

"Why aren't you saying - Reina, what's wrong!? Where are you? Answer me Reina! Reina!."

---

"Lady Yukari, it's time for dinner..." speaks the voice of my familiar, Ran Yakumo.

I yawn and sit up in my futon, rubbing at my eyes. Satsified that I'm awake now, she leaves the room as I stand up and stretch - a few joints popping in response. As I go to leave the room, I halt midstep noticing something was out of place in my room. There wasn't much here to begin with, so seeing the a leather-covered book resting on my nightstand...

Walking over to it, I pick it up and study it for half a second before instantly recognizing the "Gensokyo" written on the front. This was the grimoire I had given to that interesting Reina Roots, but why was it... I frown, and feel something on the back of the book, flipping it over I can make out smears of red on the back of it, along with light gouges cut into the leather, almost as if...

I open the grimoire and begin to flip through the pages, heading down the hallway to fetch my parasol.

"Sorry Ran, dinner will have to wait. Something more... pressing has come up, and I'm sure there are people who will want answers."

Waving my hand in front of me, I open a gap and step into it, as Ran opens her mouth to protest my sudden departure before I vanish from my home. When I reappear I'm standing in the Forest of Magic, in a seemingly normal area of the forest. As I look around, I notice the flower youkai Yuuka is here, she hasn't seemed to notice me yet, instead focused on searching the area intently for something. To my surprise, the black-white witch Marisa and the adorable Reimu are here as well.

Reimu is the first to notice me, "Yukari, what are you doing here?"

I hold the grimoire above my head, so everyone can see it, "I thought you could use my help is all."

"H-hey that's Reina's grimoire ain't it? Why do you have it ze?" asked the witch.

"I found it on my nightstand when I woke up tonight. Would you care to have a look at it?"

I lazily toss is it to Reimu, whom drops it upon contact of the blood on the back of the book, "B-blood...!?"

The witch scrambles to retrieve the fallen book, flipping it over to see the smears of blood on the back, her voice chokes as she speaks, "No... no... it, it can't be... it's not! It's not!"

As Marisa begins to sob, the red-white kneels by her friend's side, lightly embracing her. I turn away to cast my gaze upon Yuuka, leaning wordlessly against a nearby tree, her gaze leveled at the forest floor. I notice as I drew near, a very subtle set of footprints headed towards a hole at the base of the tree, the flower youkai glances up at me.

"She died here." states the youkai flatly, her gaze drifting to the hole, "Unwittingly taking shelter within a trap."

"It's talking to you, isn't it?" I ask.

The youkai nods her head slowly, "Yes. I suspect you know all about her last moments then?"

I nod my head, glancing to the hole as well, "Yes, the grimoire recorded it all. I imagine hearing it from the one that commited the act, however, is much more painful, isn't it?"

Yuuka doesn't respond, she merely takes a step back from the tree, lifting her parasol slightly, she hesitates and shakes her head, "Even knowing what it did... it's still..."

Glancing over to the still crying witch, I wave my hand in their direction, "If you want, they can do it for you instead."

The youkai is silent, her grip firm on the handle of her parasol before she slowly raises it to level it at the base of the tree, "... No. They were my little flower's friends as well, but this is something I'll do myself. It had no right to tell me those things in that way, in such a pleased tone."

"I understand. I'll leave you to it then..."

I slowly walk over to the crying witch, bending down to retrieve the fallen grimoire, the miko looks up at me as I approach, "Yukari... is this - "

"Before you ask, no none of this is your fault. Not Marisa's, not Yuuka's... no one's. Reina made the choice herself, and she unfortunantely had to pay for it with her life. I wished it didn't have to end this way, I'm sorry both of you. I understand she was your friend, now if you'll excuse me there are matters that need to be attended too..."

Opening a gap, I step inside as I hear the sound of an explosion and the shattering of wood.

---

BAD END

Reload...:
[ ] Pre Forest of Magic?
- [ ] After eating with Aya?
- [ ] That morning?
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Forest of Magic?
- [ ] Where?

I've never written a bad end before, so I apologize if it seems awkward. Now before it is asked, no BAD ENDs in RiG are not very common. You had already avoided one early in the story, this one merely happened because of the dangers associated with the forest.

>>100706
On the topic of this, keep in mind you can only make Spellcards in Reina's house since the materials are all there.
>> No. 100723
File 125665345025.jpg - (19.00KB , 300x400 , Test.jpg ) [iqdb]
100723
Holy shit suck donkey balls. And that was my write-ins. Now I feel really bad. Shitsux.

Here's random maid to lift my spirit up.
>> No. 100724
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
- [x] After eating with Aya?
[x] Take your leave and go to...
- [x] The shrine?
>> No. 100726
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
- [x] After eating with Aya?
[x] Take your leave and go to...
- [x] The shrine?

I want a turtle.
>> No. 100729
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
- [x] After eating with Aya?
[x] Take your leave and go to...
- [x] The shrine?

I want to see some Genji, too.
>> No. 100730
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
--[x] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.
>> No. 100731
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
--[x] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.
>> No. 100735
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
- [x] After eating with Aya?
[x] Take your leave and go to...
- [x] The shrine?

Let's see if Reimu's willing to lend us her old trusted turtle.

The moral learned: Do not go into a infamous hot spot of Gensokyo alone at this point regardless of luck.
>> No. 100740
Well, at least we know Yuuka rooted for Reina till the very end. I wonder how much she vined when she was turned into fertiliser. At least now Reina lives up to her last name, being definitely rooted in place.
>> No. 100743
File 125666197236.png - (171.20KB , 583x445 , Awesome_Ultros.png ) [iqdb]
100743
>>100740
>> No. 100744
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
- [x] After eating with Aya?
[x] Take your leave and go to...
- [x] The shrine?

We can visit Marisa and learn how to fly afterwards.
>> No. 100747
>>100744

I think getting there would be a bit easier with Genji at least; that or with Reimu, at least to tell us how to deal with the forest in flight, if not as company.
>> No. 100749
[0] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[1] After eating with Aya?
--[2] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.
>> No. 100756
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
--[x] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.
>> No. 100760
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
- [x] After eating with Aya?
[x] Take your leave and go to...
- [x] The shrine?

It is time, Genjii.
>> No. 100765
My god, and here I thought we might actually get through this without any bad ends. What were you guys thinking?!

Hur lets go into the forest we've been told not to go through repeatedly. Oh shit were lost and scared. Lets go hide in an obviously dangerous hole.
>> No. 100766
Woah, even the BAD ENDS are ridiculously elaborate.
I'm impressed. Good work Kriss.
>> No. 100767
That was a rather hard blow offering hope a bit too late. Still It's clear we learned our lesson never to step in there alone until either we learn the way through it or we get stronger.
>> No. 100768
Let it go. So Reina got munched on by a tree. Big whoop. Just go back and try again. It's not like we have lives or credits or what have you.

This crazy paranoia anon has is really stifling sometimes. Have the old days of WUiG, MiG, SDM LA, etc really jaded you dudes that much?
>> No. 100776
>>100768

It was our neglect of common sense that caused it, since it's common knowledge that unless you can fly or know the way, the forest is a death trap.

And Kriss herself said in IRC that it was a stupid move.

So Anon's doing the sensible thing and seeking either Genji or Aya Airlines.
>> No. 100777
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
--[x] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.
>> No. 100778
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
--[x] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.

All aboard Aya Airlines.
>> No. 100787
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
--[x] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.
>> No. 100808
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
[x] Try asking the tengu more:
-[x] Ask Aya about Reimu's mom
[x] Thank her for the meal, and take your leave.
[x] Go to...
-[x] The shrine
- [x] Ask Reimu about Genjii
- [x] Ask Reimu about finding employees

Fuck you and your hazardous neighborhood, Marisa.

>>100765
I was thinking that I'd like to go ask Reimu some stuff, which is why I'm voting for what I voted earlier.
>> No. 100861
File 125669146423.jpg - (33.23KB , 400x418 , 1256321274736.jpg ) [iqdb]
100861
[x] Pre Forest of Magic?
-[x] After eating with Aya?
--[x] Ask Aya if she can fly you over to Marisa's house.

"... Reina? Reina? Hellllooooo? Gensokyo to Reina?" spoke the tengu, waving her hand in front your face.

You snap to attention, shaking your head and looking around you in confusion, "H-huh? What's going on?"

Aya cocks her head to look at you quizzically, "I could ask you that! We were just talking, then suddenly you started to just... space out. Staring out at the horizon, you twitched a few times, I thought something was wrong with you! You're alright, right?"

"Y-yeah, fine. I haven't ever really spaced out like that before... maybe that practice yesterday was more tiring then I thought." you say with a chuckle, shaking your head.

You rub your hands together, feeling a bit chilly all of a sudden, as you get to your feet and brush some stray blades of grass off your clothes. Aya starts to crumple up the empty bag, as she eats the last curry bread. You can't help but notice the tengu seems to glance at you once in a while, probably noting your unusual actions, but she says nothing about it.

"Well, enjoyed the food Reina?" she asks.

"Of course, it was very good. Maybe I'll start going there regularly myself..."

The tengu grins, "If you do, just remember to say you're a friend of Aya! They'll give you a nice discount, it's the perks of being a customer there since the family started selling their goods a few centuries ago."

"It's so odd to hear you speak so casually about living that long... I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to live long enough to count the years in centuries."

"Not really all too special. You really only keep track of the years for the first century or so, after that each birthday is just a little more pointless, just another number. I kind of envy you humans, your lifespans are short that each year seems so special to you. To me, they kind of all just blend... but ah, here I go babbling on about unimportant things..."

"It's alright Aya, it's a bit interesting to hear you envy a human's lifespan. You know living forever is something of a fantasy dream for some humans, right?" you ask, the tengu nods her head in response, "From the way you say it, a long lifespan is only fun to dream about and not much fun in practice, huh?"

"More or less. I mean sure, it has its advantages don't get me wrong... but its not all it's cracked up to be. Still, your short lifespans do make you humans rare friends of youkai, and it's pretty much unheard of for youkai and humans to be more then that. I've known you only a short time Reina, but I admit, it won't be fun watching you grow old and move along... maybe you should become a youkai." teased the tengu, grinning.

"I think it's a little too early to even think of that." you reply with a grin, "You bought me lunch already, so I feel a bit awkward asking this but ah, if you could would you like to do me a favor? I was thinking of going to Marisa's, but well..."

"Going to the Forest by yourself wouldn't be such a great idea, huh? It's not as bad as you might hear, but without the proper knowledge it's a death trap waiting to happen. Mostly plants, youkai tend to stay away. I admit I don't like it much myself, but... sure, I'll bring you. I'd hate it if I said 'no', and you went anyway and gotten eaten by some sort of plant..."

For some reason, Aya saying that line sent chills up your spine and you suddenly felt like something had tightly gripped your ankle...

~

The trip to Marisa's was, as before, uneventful. The tengu had carried you part of the way, but insisted on walking you through the forest on the fact that she didn't like flying in a forest. As she led you through it, she pointed out a few dangerous plants that Marisa had shown you earlier, but she didn't really yield any new information. The sun was beginning its downward climb by the time you arrived at Marisa's, you assumed she was home judging by the smoke steadily rising out of the chimney.

"Delivered safe and sound! You'll probably have to ask Marisa to take you back though, I'd love to stay but ah, well... I have things I need to do, plus Momizi gets a little worried when I don't show up. You have a good day alright Reina?"

"Of course. Thanks for the trip and lunch!"

Waving to the tengu as she heads back into the forest, you walk up the front door of Marisa's house and knock on it. Then a second time, and then a third time. When you were about to go for a fourth, the door swings open and the witch is standing there. She seems rather surprised to see you.

"Surprised ta see ya Reina! I don't see Reimu anywhere, you didn't... you didn't come here by yourself didja?" asks the witch worriedly.

You shake your head, "No, no of course not! Aya brought me here, she just left though."

"Had me worried there for a second! I might've had to give ya a spankin' if you did anythin' as silly as coming here by yourself. No offense to ya, but you don't know enough of this place to navigate it safely ze." she nods and waves you on in, "But come in, come in! Sorry it took me a while to answer, I was just doin' a bit of work..."

---

All off the Aya Express!:
[ ] Well, why did you come to Marisa's anyway? (write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
>> No. 100864
File 125669191095.png - (12.00KB , 414x209 , ohnotrees.png ) [iqdb]
100864
Huh. Well, it wouldn't have been as good as avoiding the tree entirely, but I have an idea for a spellcard that would've been helpful in that situation. (Well, a bomb would be better than a spellcard, but y'know.) Should I post it up to see if we should try implementing it later?
>> No. 100865
>>100864

Go for it, every little bit helps after all.
>> No. 100867
>>100865

***WARNING*** - I REALLY LIKE TO SEE MYSELF TYPE

Name : Mishap Sign - For the Want of a Nail

Effect : Sends out spherical waves of silvery-blue nail bullets. Periodically, large sawblade-shaped danmaku shoot out, hitting the nails sending them scattering in all directions, all the while showering the area with red-orange spark danmaku when they hit. After sending out steady waves for awhile, dies down... only to send out a powerful, fast, dense wave of danmaku when the opponent's guard lowers.

Explanation : The opposite of the Apprentice Sign spellcard. If Apprentice Sign was a way of showing off beauty, pride and a job well done, then Mishap Sign is the trauma of a workshop accident. (Like hitting an unseen nail with a sawblade.)

There's a few modifications to make it serve as a bomb or a distress signal. First off, it's omnidirectional - you don't have to aim to use it. If Reina somehow gets herself tangled up again, this will just pump thousands of bits of danmaku directly into her assailant. Even if she doesn't, it can ferret out any hidden pursuers that she can't see.

It's a copy of an accident, and thus shouldn't use that much in the way of control - Apprentice Sign drained Reina not because of the amount of danmaku, but because of the high control needed to pull it off. By easing of on control, it may be fired off without draining the user's reserves - allowing enough physical energy to escape.

Uses nail-shaped bullets, which should be distinct enough to arouse curiousity in passerbyers, which may help.

Originally was going to be hammer and nails, but given that bad end? Fuck that shit, we'll skip straight to the sawblades. Saws and fire are tree's natural enemies anyway, and the fire is still thematic because someone that works around wood alot has to be very careful of sawdust explosions on top of normal fire.

The attack/relief/attack structure messes with your assailant. Hopefully, they'll back off in the first part. However, there's a chance that they'll last through that part. By shutting off the danmaku entirely for a brief window of time, they'll lower their guard - at that point, they'll get hit by the second, denser wave. Even if they somehow last through that, it would because they're wary and thus are less likely to give further chase.

Can also be used in a positive, instructional manner - used on someone that might play around the shop as if were a playground, it teaches the danger of messing around with hardware tools. Even if they could make their way through the first part of the spellcard, the second wave should shock them a little.
>> No. 100868
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.

I think the second question wouldn't hurt before we ask Reimu.
>> No. 100870
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.
>> No. 100871
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.
>> No. 100877
>>100867

Nice job, man. That was great and you should feel great about it.
>> No. 100878
[0] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[1] Ask what she knows of Genji.
>> No. 100891
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.
>> No. 100903
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.
[x] Make >>100867 with Marisa's guidance.
>> No. 100908
>>100903

I think we left our materials at home, that is unless Marisa's willing to spare some of hers.
>> No. 100929
>>100910
Christ. I knew this shit would start up again, with all the talk on /blue/ about running the shittier writefags out of town.

I'll read this story now, and if it's actually as bad as I fear, I'll sage right along with you, brother, but nix the 'guilt by association' shit. The fact that she posts on shit sites doesn't necessarily make her a shitty writefag, and with the IRC cabal in her corner, that's what you have to prove.
>> No. 100933
Goddamn learn to read before you act. We sorted out Kris ages ago and she's fine now. Her story is alright and perfectly acceptable.

One guy spamming decent threads is not allowed by the way. Expect a ban or at least all your posts to be deleted.
>> No. 100934
yes yes we know already >>89221

her writing here is decent and gradually improving, is there an actual problem?
>> No. 100935
>>100929
Let me save you some time: She's not a good writer, but she's a decent person that can learn from mistakes.
>> No. 100937
Kriss can do whatever the fuck she wants on any other site as long as she doesn't be a faggot here. She fagged up once and learned from it. She's no where near the J-E's level of faggotry.
>> No. 100939
ITT: A misguided 14 year old shows everyone he's a scriptkiddy.
>> No. 100940
So what happened, did the thread get sage bombed by some guy?
>> No. 100942
>>100940
Pretty much.

Hooray for /blue/.
>> No. 100944
One minor fault was to be expected. Now everyone knows what NOT to do when it comes to protesting against bad writefags.

Though I bet the guy did it just to make the self-police system look bad.
>> No. 100946
I don't really like krisslanza's writing myself, but it doesn't seem that bad from what I've skimmed. I mean, it's not great, but I can see how someone could feasibly enjoy it, unlike say JtotheE's or Wiseman's. You chose a stupid target sageguy. There are far worse people here.

You also chose a stupid way of doing it. You had to know the mods would delete it in minutes. Just posting the links normally would have been more effective.
What is wrong with you?
>> No. 100947
>>100946
I'm guessing
>I bet the guy did it just to make the self-police system look bad
Same with >>100902. Who the fuck writes "tou-houproject" without just being a shitty troll?
>> No. 100952
I actually enjoy JtotheE's outlandish writing style. It has plenty of personality. The big problem is all the retarded crossovers and his inability to reform based on the irc logs.

At least Kriss managed to walk away peacefully and come back with something better.
>> No. 100953
>>100952
Yeah, I actually enjoyed his story at first. It was stupid, but a fun kind of stupid. Then it just got utterly fucking retarded.
>> No. 100955
>>100867

I do wonder if that spell card is really more energy efficiency or not, but it's promising.
>> No. 100961
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.
>> No. 100986
If anybody still harbours any lingering malice towrads kriss, they REALLY need to read the RiG version 1's only thread to it's end and see how the battle ended there. The last time this shit came up, it was blatantly obvious that the people who where attacking her didn't have a clue of the aftermath. And from the reactions here, it would seem some still are not aware of it. Go read the thread now, it's educational.
>> No. 101012
>>100929
Let me save you some time: She's not a good writer, but she's a decent person that can learn from mistakes.
>> No. 101016
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.
>> No. 101029
File 12567461286.png - (180.37KB , 450x450 , a9cdd76063dbff1c3dc6394e0928cb9a.png ) [iqdb]
101029
[x] Ask her if she knows of any ways to help you with your flight problem. She's a witch so maybe she has a magical artifact or something or knows people who could help you with your trouble.
[x] Ask what she knows of Genji.

"I'm not interrupting anything important am I? If I am, I could just come back at a later time..."

"I couldn't let you do that! Didn't I just say if ya go wanderin' around you'll probably get eaten by somethin'? You wouldn't wanna make poor ol' me cry my heart out, if I sent you out into the forest and you got eaten, would you?" pouted the witch, doing her best to look depressed.

Of course, you don't buy it, and merely shake your head, "I guess you have a point. I don't think I could rest in peace, knowing you shed so many tears for me!"

The witch's expression suddenly turned serious, "Hey, I mean it you know. You're a lot of fun Reina, so don't go doin' anything silly and getting yourself killed alright? I don't wanna be stuck waiting for you to reincarnate! Though, I don't even know if you can do that, considerin' you're not from around here..." she starts to rummage through her cupboards, you can't help but notice the absolute mess within them, "on a lighter note, would you like some tea? I know I've got some in here somewhere..."

"Some tea would sound lovely. Just don't try adding any strange mushrooms to it or something..." you say in a teasing tone, taking a seat at the table.

Marisa laughs and grins in triumph as she manages to find the tea leaves amongst the mess. Starting to boil a pot of water, she lazily takes a seat the table, kicking her feet up onto the table.

"Well, while we wait for water, what brings ya here anyway ze? I know as much as you love comin' into a lethal forest, to visit lil' ol' me, I guess you had a reason beyond just seeing me, huh?"

You chuckle sheepishly, rubbing the back of your head, "Ah, well yeah I did... I mean, not that I don't like seeing you of course! But, well you see... I've been trying to learn how to fly, but Reimu - "

"Was no help, huh?" finished the witch, "She's talented, don't get me wrong but flight never came easy ta her, ya see? Plus I doubt she could teach it to you, I think it's mostly just her own natural talents really. So when the miko fails you, you come to the witch for help, eh?"

"More or less." you say with a smile, "I-it's not going to be a problem or anything, right?"

Marisa gives you her usual happy grin, "Of course not! Anythin' to help out Reina! Though, I confess I can't actually fly exactly... ya see, my broom kinda does the flying, I just happen to be along for the ride ze..." she frowns and rubs her chin in thought, "maybe I have somethin' layin' around though, I confess I don't know what is layin' around this place..."

You lean back in your chair a bit, to peer into the chaotic mess that lays beyond the kitchen, "Er... well, would you happen to know anyone who could teach me perhaps?"

"Good question there really. Maybe Sakuya? I mean, aside from Reimu she's about the only one of us who can actually fly... kinda. I dunno, you could try askin' a youkai? They might know somethin'..." the witch sighs, "I'm afraid this isn't something I know a lot about. But I could see if there's anything that could help in this mess somewhere..."

"Seems like quite the challenge there..." you mutter.

The high-pitched whistle of a heated pot of water, interrupts your conversation as the witch dashes to remove the pot from the stove. She carefully pours a cup for herself and you, before adding the tea leaves.

"Be careful, it's hot!"

You take a careful sip of the tea, nearly burning your tongue in the process, "H-hot! Gotta be more careful..." placing the teacup down carefully you focus your attention on Marisa again, "on the topic of flight, do you know anything about a Genjii? Aya mentioned him..."

"Genjii? Ya mean Reimu's old turtle? That must've been years ago! I haven't seen the fella in a while, come ta think of it." she takes a sip of tea before continuing, "Lemme think... I know he's supposed ta be loungin' around the lake behind the shrine, but I think Reimu mentioned he up and disappeared one day. I think he's fine, but he seems ta have gone and moved somewhere... not that Reimu has made much effort ta find him of course."

"You think he's still around somewhere?"

"Without a doubt! I mean he's a kind of youkai, ya know? So he lives pretty long... I'm not sure why he would've left, or where he could've gone though. Maybe some kinda place a turtle would like? Ya thinkin' of tryin' to find him ze?"

You pick up the teacup and sip from it carefully, before nodding, "Well I thought it might be worth a shot."

"If ya ever need my help, don't be 'faid to ask! You wanna stay the night Reina? I mean, it's gonna be gettin' dark soon, and I'm not lettin' you go anywhere alone."

---

Marisa's offer:
[ ] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [ ] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [ ] Why not some magic lessons?
- [ ] Other?
-- If staying the night...
- [ ] Any special actions?
[ ] Not tonight, you just wanna go home...
[ ] Other

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
>> No. 101031
[ ] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [ ] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [ ] Why not some magic lessons?
>> No. 101034
[x] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [x] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [x] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
>> No. 101035
[ ] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [ ] Pass time by digging around the junk?

Sounds fun.
>> No. 101036
[x] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [x] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [x] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
>> No. 101037
[0] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
-[1] Pass time by digging around the junk?
-[2] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
>> No. 101038
[x] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [x] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [x] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
>> No. 101042
[x] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [x] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [x] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
If staying the night
--[x] Ask if you could sleep with her, for warmth and comfort.
>> No. 101045
[x] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [x] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [x] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
>> No. 101046
[x] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [x] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [x] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
MULTITASKING
>> No. 101088
>"ya see, my broom kinda does the flying, I just happen to be along for the ride ze..."
Suspension of disbelief is now in second gear.

[+] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [+] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [+] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?
>> No. 101095
I think it would end up being funny if we ended up getting something related to our character to fly. Like a flying work bench. Would be kinda like Baba Yaga and her mortar and pestle.
>> No. 101275
>>101095
>Like a flying work bench.
Would we ride it like a surfboard? Because I would totally be up for that.
>> No. 101358
>>101275

That was what I was thinking, yeah. Either that, or turn it upside down and steer it with the "front" two legs.
>> No. 101364
File 125678007457.jpg - (19.61KB , 256x281 , 1256321408033.jpg ) [iqdb]
101364
[x] Stay the night with Marisa? Why not!
- [x] Pass time by digging around the junk?
- [x] Why not some magic lessons while we're at it?

You take a glance outside the window, noting the coming darkness, "Well, guess I can't really turn down that offer. Besides," you smirk slightly, "I bet if I said 'no' you would've chained me down somewhere, instead of letting me go out into the forest by myself huh?"

"Maybe not chained, but I bet I have some rope layin' around... or I could just restrain you with magic of course!" teased the witch, laughing, "It's always nice ta have ya over though Reina, makes the nights go by quicker ze."

"Well it's always fun to be with friends." it still felt a bit odd saying that word, how odd that you had started to make so many friends since coming to Gensokyo, "You think I could maybe take a look around all the... collections, in your house? Maybe I'll find something..."

Marisa shrugs, sipping her tea, "I don't see why not. It's kinda loosely organized, and I don't think anythin' is life-threatening. I think. Might wanna be a wee bit careful what you poke around in..."

"Y-you're joking, right?" you ask nervously, peering back into the chaotic mess.

"Of course! I'm certain! Mostly. I mean, none of it was dangerous when I took it, but it might be now if you maybe pushed somethin'..." answered the witch sheepishly, "just don't go trying to tinker with anything and it'll be fine."

You nod your head, finishing your tea before placing the empty cup on the table, "You were working on something before I came here, right?"

"Yeah, why ya ask ze?"

"Just a thought is all. Is it something you're close to finishing?"

"Probably a couple more hours, be a good stoppin' point."

"Well then, how about once you're done you come get me and you can give me another magic lesson?" you suggest with a smile.

Marisa grinned and nodded her head, "Alright then! I'll come fetch ya in a bit then. Happy treasure huntin'! Just don't go takin' anything without askin', ya hear?"

~

The mess of objects within Marisa's house turned out to be quite extensive, moreso then you could've possibly imagined. It looked rather unorganized but it turned out their was a method to the chaos, the piles of junk tended to have a general organization system: "metal things here", "clothes here", "books here"... so it at least made looking around slightly easier. Still you couldn't help but wonder where Marisa could've possibly gathered all of these things from, did she really find things this fun to coll- hey, isn't that one of your spare tools...?

"Reeiiiiinnnnna?" called out the witch's voice.

Startled by the sudden sound of Marisa's voice, you nearly drop the tool but manage to catch it before it gets lost within the pile again. Getting to your feet, you head down the hall to the lab/bedroom.

"Looking for me?" you ask, slipping the tool into a pocket where the witch can't see.

The witch nodded, motioning to the seat next to her, "Yup! Time for your lesson ze."

Taking the offered seat, the witch gestures to the heavy-looking book on the table. She opens it and delves into a lecture, using the book as a reference and to show examples of various magical formula and magic circles. Once she explains the basics she again hands you a piece of paper on which to practice working out various formulas and circles, as before Marisa waits patiently to correct your mistakes in a red inked pen (now that you think about it, isn't that one of your pens?).

The lesson drags on for some hours, a pile of paper and crumpled up ones, starting to build. The ones uncrumpled are almost completely filled with formulas, both in your black ink but mostly in Marisa's red. The crumpled ones contained mostly your failed attempts to successfully convert formulas into the appropriate magical circle.

As you work on your latest attempt at a magical circle, the witch begins to lean forward a bit studying your circle carefully, "That looks pretty good actually you managed to - h-hey wait, sto- !"

You glance up at Marisa curiously, as your hand finishes scribbling down the last symbol into the circle. Before you can open your mouth to ask why the witch suddenly seems so worried, you yelp in pain and draw your hand back. Looking down at the paper you notice it's now on fire, and you've managed to just lightly burn your hand - the pen on the other hand seems to be a lost cause. The burning paper quickly fizzles out as Marisa grabs your hurt hand, giving it a careful inspection.

"W-what happened...?" you asked, wincing as the witch probed your hand.

"I'm not too certain, but when I was watchin' ya, I noticed you had a few incorrectly done symbols here and there, so I thought it wouldn't matter... but then as ya got near finished, well I'm not sure how, but you just did somethin'! Like mana was flowin' out your hand suddenly, that's what made the circle activate. Had you done it correctly, nothin' should've happened, but you ended up drawing something completely different..." Marisa sighs, standing up, "that's enough lessons for the night there Reina. Wait here, I need ta see where I put all the bandages..."

"They should be down the hall, laying on the couch actually. You had the kit buried in your scrap metal pile... or, I think it was a scrap metal pile."

The witch heads down the hall, before quickly returning with the first aid kit in hand. She lays it on the table and opens it, quickly going about treating your burnt hand. You're not medical professional, but from what little you know, you suspect Marisa has little experience in treating wounds. Still, you at least appreciate the effort even if the wound doesn't hurt too much. It takes only a few moments for the black-white to finish treating, then bandaging up your hand.

"That outta do it! How does your hand feel?"

You flex your hand a bit, noting the bandages feel a bit overly tight, "Not too bad really. Your bandaging is a bit tight, but other then that... thanks."

"No need ta thank me! I'm sure you'd done the same for me, right? Though, burnin' your hand aside, you did some pretty good progress today..."

"You think so? Most of those sheets of paper seem to be all in your red ink..." you ask, peering at the piles.

"Ah, yeah well your formulas still suck, but you're gettin' better at drawin' out the circles! In the end, if ya can do that, you'll be just fine ze."

You smile and nod your head, "Well, glad to know I'm not a complete screw-up at this sort of thing. I never liked formulas..."

Marisa laughs and ruffles your hair, "Yeah they suck. It's lookin' pretty late out, you wanna get some sleep now? I always find sleep feels so much better after a good book or lesson..."

"Some sleep sounds like a good idea."

As before, the witch politely leaves her lab/room for a moment so you can get undressed for bed, before returning a short time later dressed in her own nightclothes. Of course, you had to make do with just sleeping in your underwear, making the situation feel a bit awkward. You had suggested you could sleep somewhere else, to which Marisa merely pointed out she only had one bed in her house anyway. The witch snuggled up against your mostly bare back, resting her head against your shoulder.

"Good night Reina~." she cooed

---

OhgodMarisa:
[ ] What will you do in the morning?
- [ ] Invite Marisa over to your place for breakfast?
- [ ] Have breakfast here?
- [ ] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
- [ ] Other?

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
> You've learned the basics of magic circles! Just make sure you draw the right symbols...
> Your search of Marisa's house yielded nothing in particular, though you think you know where some of your pens and spares went now... maybe a more in-depth search would yield more results
>> No. 101366
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101368
File 125678100892.png - (185.72KB , 600x550 , 1198097948739.png ) [iqdb]
101368
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101372
[x] What will you do in the morning?
- [y] Have breakfast here?
-[z] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101373
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Try to see if you can't find your spares and pens.
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101381
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Try to see if you can't find your spares and pens.
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?

I'd make a joke about there being a "Precious things here" pile, but honestly, I hated that song.
>> No. 101384
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101391
101373 [x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Try to see if you can't find your spares and pens.
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101393
> hey, isn't that one of your spare tools...?

God.

> (now that you think about it, isn't that one of your pens?).

Dammit.

> "Happy treasure huntin'! Just don't go takin' anything without askin', ya hear?"

Marisa.
>> No. 101400
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Try to see if you can't find your spares and pens.
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101433
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Try to see if you can't find your spares and pens.
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101434
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Try to see if you can't find your spares and pens.
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?
>> No. 101451
File 12568372018.jpg - (208.91KB , 600x800 , 7d56f7a37b8f7b9a9d7d03fd96cef9e2.jpg ) [iqdb]
101451
[x] What will you do in the morning?
-[x] Have breakfast here?
-[x] Try to see if you can't find your spares and pens.
-[x] Ask to be taken to the shrine?

You open your eyes, and to your surprise don't feel the bed underneath you. In fact... you seem to be on the floor. Sitting up, you notice Marisa is sprawled out on her bed, mouth open as she snores softly, and if you're not mistaken see her drool a little bit. It was an unusual sight, but it somehow seemed a little bit cute really... with Marisa still soundly asleep, you quietly start getting dressed before she awakens and catches a good eyeful of yourself clad in just underwear. You're not sure why, considering she's slept with you in nightclothes and even bathed with you, but you found it so embarrasing to imagine her catching you in such a state of dress outside those situations.

Just as you finished getting dressed, you hear a yawn from behind you and look over your shoulder to see Marisa sleepily rubbing at her eye, "Mornin'. I didn't wake ya or anythin' did I?"

"Not directly no, but I did wake up to find myself on the floor..." you chuckle and point to your own mouth, "you've got a bit of drool here by the way..."

"H-huh!? Oh geez, how embarrasin' to be droolin' in my sleep..."

"I think it looks kind of cute actually. I wonder what you were dreaming about to make you drool I wonder..."

The witch whistles innocently, "Oh you know, discoverin' something rare and shiny or... stuff! Yeah, stuff! Ahem, you know how about I just get dressed here and we'll have ourselves a nice breakfast ze!" proclaimed Marisa quickly, jumping out of bed and scurrying off before you could question her further,

Shaking your head you leave the bedroom/lab to wait patiently for Marisa's appearence in the kitchen, it doesn't take long before she's furiously digging through her mess of a kitchen in search of various cooking utensils and supplies. As she goes about doing all that, you quietly excuse yourself for a moment (claiming you have to use the bathroom) to take a moment to check the spots in the house you remember seeing your tools and pens. While you can't possibly bring them all back, turns out she has more then you thought and carrying too many in your limited carrying space would be too obvious, you take back what you can carry, carefully storing them away in your pockets.

By the time you return, Marisa has just begun placing dishes on the table. You can't help but notice the witch's food seems to contain an abundance of mushrooms - you don't think you've ever seen someone put them not only on an omelet, but also on their toast. Thankfully aside from the omelet, your food seems mostly mushroom free.

"Sorry it's nothin' to special... but I hope you'll like it!" said Marisa hopefully, taking a seat at the table,

"I'm sure it'll be deliciou - " your sentence halts mid-syllabal as you taste the food, " - s! Ah, phew man that was a bit hotter then I thought..."

It wasn't hot actually, rather it tasted very... unique. You wouldn't say it was inedible, but at the same time it wasn't really edible either. It was some sort of limbo state between the two, and you do your best to not twist your face into any sign of dislike as you force yourself to eat everything the witch has provided for you. It proves to be incredibly difficult, not to mention the juice she put out? It was also made from mushrooms. Did she use them in everything!? You make a silent promise to always cook breakfast when you had the chance... or cook in general.

"Nothin' like starting the day to a home-cooked breakfast, huh?" asked Marisa gleefully, gathering up the dirty dishes,

Oh gods, please food stay down in your stomach, don't come up, don't come up... "Y-yeah. Gotta start the day off right!"

The black-white peers out the window, frowning a bit, "Hmmm looks like some storm clouds off the horizon, might be a rainy day later... ya had any business you wanted to get done while the sun is all out ze?"

"I did want to go see Reimu, today is after all another lesson day..."

Maybe some hard, punishing danmaku practice into your stomach particularly, could get this food out of your stomach without insulting Marisa. That might be a little too much to wish for though.

~

As Reimu watched you arrive, she tilt her head to study you carefully, she was silent until she managed to convince Marisa to go inside the shrine, once the witch was gone she shook her head.

"You tried Marisa's food, didn't you?"

Your face paled slightly, though you weren't sure if it was from the food or the comment, "I-is it that obvious...?"

"You have that same look and stance as I did when I was forced into accepting her food. No, you won't throw up, and no the feeling that your stomach is being chewed on from the inside won't fade for several hours. On the flip side, the taste and sideeffects aside, Marisa's food is highly nutrious and energizing." the miko smirked, "It'll fill you up with energy for today's lesson then, and I'm sure you won't object to being worked into a fine paste, so as to forget all about the food huh?"

Sounded like a good excuse as any, not only could you get some good practice in, you could try to forget about Marisa's food...

---

Training selection:
[ ] Danmaku?
- [ ] Overall effectiveness?
- [ ] Specialized? (specify)
[ ] Make a new spellcard! (create it)
[ ] Hand-to-hand could use some work...
[ ] Other?

Non-story related:
[ ] Give us a quick skill rundown!
[ ] Other? (Questions or anything?)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> Marisa's food fills you full of energy and vigor! Too bad it makes you feel like you're slowly dying inside...
>> No. 101461
[X] Danmaku?
- [X] Overall effectiveness?
[X] Make a new spellcard! (create it)

[X] Give us a quick skill rundown!

Marisa's excuse was flawless.
>> No. 101462
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101463
Are we going to stay with Reimu for the rest of the day? Then I suggest that we do the following (in no particular order):

[c] Danmaku?
- [c] Overall effectiveness?
[c] Make a new spellcard! (create it)
[c] Hand-to-hand could use some work...
[c] Ask Reimu if we can meet Genji.

Non-story related:
[c] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101464
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101467
>>101463
This.
>> No. 101469
[0] Danmaku?
-[1] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[2] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[3] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101470
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101473
>>101463

This as well
>> No. 101474
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101476
[c] Danmaku?
- [c] Overall effectiveness?
[c] Make a new spellcard! (create it)
[c] Hand-to-hand could use some work...
[c] Ask Reimu if we can meet Genji.

Marisa did say Genji was missing or something, but it can't hurt to ask her about him anyway.
>> No. 101480
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101481
[x] Danmaku?
- [x] Overall effectiveness?
[x] Make a new spellcard! (create it)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101494
[x] >>101463
>> No. 101495
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101503
For the:
[x] Make a new spellcard! (create it)
There actually needed to be a card made after that. Unless you want me to default to the one suggested in here earlier.
>> No. 101504
>>101503

you mean the saw and nail one? Why not?
>> No. 101505
>>101503
Don't see why not.

Occurs to me that if one wanted to convert it later to a dueling-type spellcard instead of a utility one, a simple (although non-easy) way to do it might be to setup an room-like barrier all around to make the danmaku bounce.
>> No. 101508
>>101503
Yeah, that one sounded really good.
>> No. 101509
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!
>> No. 101510
>>101503
That was the idea, yes. That suggestion is too good to waste.
>> No. 101527
File 125686401654.gif - (718.65KB , 320x174 , hammertime.gif ) [iqdb]
101527
That being said, having shot options can be helpful as well.
>> No. 101530
[+] Danmaku?
- [+] Overall effectiveness?
[+] Make a new spellcard! (>>100867)
[+] Hand-to-hand could use some work...
[+] Ask Reimu if we can meet Genji.
>> No. 101537
File 125686834063.jpg - (84.53KB , 600x400 , 3eed0e959749e259784ead5037251bbe.jpg ) [iqdb]
101537
[x] Danmaku?
-[x] Specialized? (Shot Types)
[x] Hand-to-hand could use some work...

Non-story related:
[x] Give us a quick skill rundown!

"I guess today is student's choice then?"

Reimu nods and takes a drink from her cup, "Yup. Of course, picking something too easy and I'll just ignore it, need to work off those mushrooms somehow."

"I suppose my danmaku could use some further work... and probably getting some more hand-to-hand experience wouldn't be a bad idea either... plus, I think that might help work off this food."

The miko grins slyly, "Awww, admit it you just like me beating you into a pulp Reina. It's alright to say you like it!"

You merely chuckle and shake your head as you follow the red-white behind the shrine. Once there she gestures to a tree off in the distance.

"We'll use that as our target. Now then, when you use danmaku there's more to it then just firing those small orb like shots you use. Well, before I get too much into other stuff, I'll point out that the small orb shots aren't bad, they're a good mix. But they aren't exactly excellent or anything either." the miko whipped her arm forward, launching off a pair of tailsman-shaped shots, "Now see? That was a different kind of shot. You didn't really think my sleeves could carry that many talismen did you?

"Anyway, since you know how to form a simple danmaku shot you simply need to learn to focus it. This will let you be able to shape it into a different form, some examples would be..."

~

After an in-depth explanation, followed by an equally intensive practice session, on various danmaku shots and patterns the red-white moved onto hand-to-hand exercises. The odd feeling in the pit of your stomach was quickly being pushed away, and even after quite a few hours of rigorous sparring you weren't feel very fatigued at all, despite being rather sweaty. Maybe Marisa's food wasn't that bad after all, aside from the taste of course...

Reimu's palm impacted in your gut, causing you to reflexively curl inwards, leaving your chin an easy target to the follow up uppercut. Landing with a smack on your back, you groan as you taste the familiar coppery-taste of blood in your mouth. With a gasp, the miko ran to your side helping you up, from behind you you could hear Marisa dashing inside the shrine to fetch something.

"A-are you alright Reina!? I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hit you that hard! Open your mouth, let me take a look..."

The witch returned in a few minutes carrying various medical supplies as Reimu went about examining your mouth. While you couldn't see inside your own mouth, you did feel all your teeth were still in place so you had to guess you probably bit your tongue. The miko shoos the overly curious witch away, only occasionally asking for her to get some unknown object to help stop your tongue from bleeding. It didn't take long before you didn't taste the blood in your mouth anymore, only after Reimu had poured something down your throat, but your tongue was still extremely sore.

"You alright there Reina? Looks like Reimu went and hit ya pretty hard..." commented the witch.

"I didn't mean to! I just kind of got caught up in the moment is all... maybe I should've made it a more formal spar, so there would've been some protection at least..." the miko sighed and shook her head.

"No, no it's ok Reimu, I shoul- ow, ow, ow hurt to ta- ow, ow - "

"Geez, if it hurts to talk just stop talking and stop saying ow!" said Reimu quickly, placing her hand over your mouth in an effort to silence you,

Leading you into the shrine, Reimu sends Marisa off to start boiling some water for tea, as the miko goes to fetch some further medication to help fix up your hurt tongue. Well, aside from getting your tongue hurt, today's lessons were rather productive... it doesn't take long before both of your friends return, only this time they brought along a teapot and tea cups. The red-white pours a cup of tea, and hands it to you. Nodding your hand in thanks, you take a sip as Reimu fills up a cup for Marisa and herself.

"Guess that'll be the end of your lessons for the day, huh Reimu?" asked the witch.

The miko glanced at the witch in slight annoyance, "Obviously. Still Reina did pretty good, I'm impressed really... I mean, she's not great but she improves rather rapidly. I wonder if all outsiders are like that?"

"I dunno, most of them seem pretty weak really... ya think it might be that grimoire Reina's got? I mean, it's somethin' pretty special..."

"Don't look at me, grimoires aren't something I know anything about. That would be your's, Alice's, and Patchouli's area of expertise as I recall." the miko drank some of her tea, "And as I remember, none of you could figure out much about the grimoire beyond the fact Reina needs it."

Drinking some more tea, you can't help but feel the pain in your mouth sooth a bit, you wonder what Reimu put inside the tea and whenever it was for everyone, or she had just added it discreetly to your own cup.

"Oh! That reminds me! When we were at my house, Reina was askin' about flyin' stuff and she mentioned Genjii, so it occured to me I haven't seen the ol' turtle in a while. Since Reina can't really talk right 'bout now, how about I ask ya in her place?"

"Genjii? Turtle? Whos- ooooh, that turtle..." the miko frowned, "he kind of up and disappeared a while ago. I didn't really need him anymore by that point, so I didn't really go and investigate it. But why would Reina ne- oh. Ooooooh. Why didn't I think of that last time!? It's so simple! Dammit, where did that damn turtle run off too!?"

Jumping to her feet, the miko dashes out of the room as Marisa laughs and shakes her head, "Guess that's got her goin'. She's probably gonna end up scouring all of Gensokyo for Genjii just to prove to herself she can teach someone else ta fly, even if Genjii is really doin' all the work..."

After a few minutes Reimu returns to the room, a deep frown on her face, "Well he's definitely not at the lake. I didn't really think he was just out of sight, but I didn't really see any sign of where he could've gone... still, I guess this'll give me something to do in my freetime. Hrm, on that note actually take tomorrow off Reina, I'll see if I can't figure out where Genjii went, I am after all the resident incident-solver around here."

"Gonna be headin' out to start your search already Reimu?" asked Marisa,

"I don't see why not. There's never anything to do at the shrine anyway after the lessons... I'll leave Reina in your care then, alright Marisa?" the miko offered you a smile, "And sorry about hurting your tongue. The medications I gave you should have you able to speak just fine in a few hour or so."

Nodding at Reimu in acknowledgement, you wave at her as she departs the room, leaving you alone in the shrine with Marisa. An awkward-feeling silence falls, only broken by the sounds of the witch sipping from her cup. You notice as she drinks from her cup, she looks at you then glances away nervously, before repeating the gesture.

"H-hey uhm... this might sound a lil' bit awkward but uhm... you maybe want to go uhm, do something in town together? Maybe go for a walk somewhere, get something eat... somethin' like that ze?"

... That sounded suspiciously kind of like a date. Not that you knew what one was exactly, but it sounded like one anyway. The idea was startling, but you did recall reading that close female friends would do things like this and it didn't really mean a 'date' in a traditional sense anyway...

---

Did Marisa just offer to go on a 'date'?:
[ ] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [ ] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit? (write-in)
- [ ] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
[ ] Shake your head...
- [ ] Explain why you declined?
[ ] Write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> Reina's Skills
> Danmaku: Reina has the skills of perhaps a stage 1 or 2 boss by now. She has a large supply of spiritual energy to use on relatively powerful spellcards or attacks, but she has extremely poor control and focus preventing her from using such sustained attacks for any long period of time, and they have a tendancy to leave her wide open to counterattack. Her grazing skills are rather poor as well, meaning she's rather ineffective in an actual duel unless she can quickly overwhelm her opponent.
> Hand-to-hand: Trained only in "Miko-Fu" as Reina likes to call it. She's better in this then her actual danmaku, but is hindered by having a lack of speed and grazing ability to use it effectively in most duels. Still, she could probably beat Marisa in pure hand-to-hand.
> Cooking: Knows a wide variety of simple dishes, and can cook yakitori.
> Magic: Can draw simple magical circles, although she has a tendancy to goof up symbols ending up in causing an entirely different effect. Her grasp of formulas is rather poor as well, causing any magic she tries to use to be overly taxing.
>> No. 101538
[x] Shake your head...
>> No. 101539
[Q] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)

Plus whatever else.
>> No. 101540
[x] Shake your head...

This seems like a set up to Marisa confessing to us.
>> No. 101542
[ ] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
>> No. 101543
[0] Shake your head...
>> No. 101544
[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?

Why not? we have nothing better to do.
>> No. 101545
[x] Shake your head...
>> No. 101546
[+] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
Simplicity.
>> No. 101547
>>101537
>Genji missing
>resident incident-solver

We have quite an interesting plot here. Wonder if Reimu will let Reina team up (and maybe see her skills in use).

[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
>> No. 101548
Is no one using suboptions? and I can tell those that shake their heads are Yuuka fans, and those that accept are Marisa fans.
>> No. 101549
[x] Shake your head...
>> No. 101550
>>101540

And this is a bad thing? I think its been pretty blatantly obvious where this story has been going. You should just lie back and accept it. You might even enjoy it.

[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
>> No. 101551
[x] Shake your head...
>> No. 101552
[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
>> No. 101553
>>101550

I'm sorry, but you must be insane if I you think I will ever accept that.

Besides, we've already told Alice that we only think of Marisa as a friend. Alice would be pissed as hell at us if we suddenly decided "Hey! Sorry, I was lying about the whole 'only think of her as a friend thing'.
>> No. 101554
[x] Shake your head...

We should just relax at home.
>> No. 101557
>>101553

People are allowed to change their minds.

God a really hope anon doesn't fuck this up. I like this Marisa.
>> No. 101559
[D] Shake your head...
>> No. 101563
[x] Shake your head...
>> No. 101564
>>101557

More like Yuuka fans, soon we might have GH-style shitstorms. (It's obvious what they're up to)

Funny thing is the head shaking is lacking suboptions so it won't be counted most likely in the face of the marisa votes WITH suboptions.
>> No. 101565
[X] Shake your head...

Sorry, Marisa. Not interested.
>> No. 101566
[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
>> No. 101567
[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw?
>> No. 101571
Kinda find it odd people would choose the shake your head option considering almost every choice up to this point was pro Marisa. God I hate sudden changes like this.
>> No. 101572
>>101571

Yuuka was introduced and thus became one of the many targets to choose from.
>> No. 101576
[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?

Yuuka seems more like a mother figure or mentor than a lover, I just can't see the relationship going that way. Meanwhile, Marisa and Reina are becoming very close and having all these bicurious moments and it would be a real dick move to suddenly put the brakes on that whole romantic subplot.
>> No. 101579
>>101576

Guess that makes me a dick then because I'm going continue to vote for Yuuka because I like her better.
>> No. 101580
>>101576

I could not agree with this more.


That said, I won't throw a tantrum or anything if you Yuuka people win out in the end, since Yuuka is pretty awesome.

But Marisa is more awesome, and I will be fighting you every step of the way. Game on, good sirs.
>> No. 101582
>[ ] Shake your head...
>- [ ] Explain why you declined?
>>101538 >>101540 >>101543 >>101545 >>101549 >>101551 >>101554 >>101559 >>101563 >>101565
Imagine that, not a single goddamn one of you can think of a way to explain to her why we suddenly don't want to spend time with her after constantly spending time with her and sleeping over each others' houses. Where the hell were you during all the other pro-Marisa choices we've made? It makes no sense to turn her down now.
>> No. 101583
File 125688310770.jpg - (58.91KB , 261x223 , 1216870168131.jpg ) [iqdb]
101583
>>101582
>> No. 101585
>>101582

THANK you
>> No. 101590
[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?

Poor Alice.
>> No. 101594
[x] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [x] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [x] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [x] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [x] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
>> No. 101609
>>101590

Reina's nice enough to share.
>> No. 101610
[X] Shake your head...
>> No. 101616
[X] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [X] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [X] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [X] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [X] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
>> No. 101620
[X] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [X] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [X] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [X] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [X] Offer to pay for the whole thing?
>> No. 101623
Vote called:
[X] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [X] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [X] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [X] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [X] Offer to pay for the whole thing?

Writing is underway, please wait warmly.
>> No. 101631
It was close, gentle Yuuka voters. However, this time victory is ours.

I look forwards to matching f5 keys and Ctrl Cs with you again.
>> No. 101642
>>101631
Ah, if only (most of) the Flanfags were half as civil as you...
>> No. 101649
>>101642

Once the Sakuya voters sided with the ones aiming for Flan, Patchy and the others never stood a chance.
>> No. 101654
File 125694082149.jpg - (565.29KB , 1000x1000 , 462d7c80f11a17b6b3053c64152a94fb.jpg ) [iqdb]
101654
[X] Nod your head in agreement! (Dammit if you could just talk...)
- [X] Use your maps to try to point out any specific places you want to visit?
-- [X] Try out that eel stand you saw sometimes
-- [X] If not that, then Mokou's place.
- [X] Offer to pay for the whole thing?

There was an awkward silence in the air, as you quietly thought about Marisa's offer. Well, it was mostly quiet because your tongue still hurt too much to actually talk right now, so you had to busy yourself with your inner voice instead. While the witch's offer seemed vaguely like a date, you reasoned you were probably just over reacting - after all, you're both girls, so why would you be going out on a date, right? With your mind made up, you nod in Marisa's direction and smile to signal your acceptable.

The witch stares at you blankly for a few moments, before she realizes your actions indicate a "yes". Once she seems to grasp this, her eyes light up and she jumsp to her feet.

"Well then! We better get goin'! The more time we waste here, the less time we have to go have some fun in the village!"

Marisa hops to your side, tugging on your arm as she begins to, essentially, drag you out of the shrine. It takes some effort to free your arm from her grip, and fish out the map of the village from your pocket. Marisa stares at you curiously as you unfold the map and begin to point at it - it doesn't take long before she gets the idea. Giving the map a quick study, you note Yukari even wrote down times certain stands would be open or even in the village to begin with. While you lacked a watch, you were pretty certain one of the stands, labeled on the map as "Yuyu's favorite bird is here", should be open right now.

While you had no idea what Yukari's description meant, judging from your map you had gone by the stand a few times and you think it was staffed by a short pink haired youkai. You hadn't ever really asked her any questions, so you didn't really know what she served but, hey what's the harm in trying right? After pointing out your route of travel to the black-white, you then pull out some bills doing your best to pass along the message that you would pay for today's meal.

"Oh no, no, no! I was the one who asked you, so I hafta pay for it! Don't you even try to spend a single coin on anythin'! I'll buy it all for ya, don't worry at all~." insisted the witch stubbornly, pushing your bills back into your pocket.

Marisa insists as this is 'relaxing time' that she isn't going to fly you anywhere, and leads you down the shrine's steps, to start heading down the path to the village. You can feel your tongue starting to recover, but suspect you won't be able to speak for a while longer. Perhaps as if sensing this, Marisa is quiet during the trip, only occasionally checking up on how you're feeling.

Once in the village, you help guide the witch towards one of the spots where the stand is supposed to be at this time of day. Fortunantly the stand seems to be there, however to your surprise you find Mokou and Keine are there. As you and Marisa draw near, the schoolteacher notices you, while she seems surprised to see you the look quickly disappears, replaced by a friendly smile.

"If it isn't Reina! I haven't seen you in a while, I hope you've been well?"

"Ah sorry there Keine, but ya see durin' some practice Reina kinda accidently hurt her tongue, so she's a bit speech impaired for a lil' bit 'cause her tongue hurts, ya know?"

Mokou cocks her head to the side, "Hurting herself during practice, huh? I wasn't aware that Reina had any actual talent in danmaku, or any kind of fighting at all. You certainly didn't seem to have any when I last saw you, which I will say was quite a while ago. Aside from the tongue, she's been well then?"

"She's actually pretty good, if I had to say so myself ze. I bet she's even better then you were at her age Mokou!" taunted the witch playfully.

The silver-haired girl smirks, "Really now? Maybe she can prove it to me sometime, huh? I'm sure in a few centuries, she might be a little bit of a challenge..." countered Mokou,

"Now, now Mokou please, this is supposed to be our ti - ah, I mean... n-no picking fights with people, even people you like!" scolded Keine, her face slightly blushed,

"Who is this Reina you're all talking about~? I thought I knew all the villagers who would come by here, but I've never heard of this Reina~!" spoke up a soft, female voice.

Mokou stepped aside a bit, to reveal the pink-haired youkai who ran the stand, she gestured from the youkai to yourself, "Well that'd be Reina right there. You might've heard of her, perhaps? She's that uh, what did you call it Keine?"

"Furniture restorer. Although from what I hear, it's more of just a restoring service in general."

"So she fixes up... furniture and stuff~? I guess it seems pretty handy, it's nice to meet you there Reina, I'm Mystia~!" the youkai offered you a friendly smile, "Did you want to come and try some grilled eel~? I can get you something fresh off the grill in no time, just say the word!"

"A-actually with that bitten tongue of her's - " started Marisa,

"N-no, I can talk." you say, wincing a bit at the lingering pain in your tongue, "It hurts a little bit, but I'll be fine Marisa."

Ordering up some freshly grilled eel for yourself and Marisa, you decide to pass the time by talking to Keine and Mokou.

"I'm not sure if it's alright for me to ask but ah, what are you two doing here anyway?" you ask curiously, "Not that I have any control over your personal lives of course, but ah..."

Keine giggles and shakes her head, you can't help but notice her strange hat seems uneffected by any movement at all, "Not at all. I was merely spending some time with Mokou here. I always want to spend more time together, but she's always busy doing things over in the bamboo forest..."

The silver-haired girl sheepishly rubs the back of her head, while she slips one hand into her trouser pockets, "W-well you know how it is, always got something to do right? Although, speaking of people seen together..." she glances over to you and Marisa, "may I ask what you two are doing here? I know you have quite the taste for yakitori, but I guess you just might be curious... but Marisa? She just doesn't try new things, unless it's liberally covered in some kind of mushroom..."

"Please Mokou, there's no need to pry..." says Keine quickly, frowning at her friend's behavior

"I'm not prying! I'm just asking! If she wants to say, that's up to her of course."

---

Didn't expect to see anyone else here...:
[ ] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
- [ ] D-date!?
- [ ] Hanging out
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Why not see if you can all go get dinner or something?
[ ] Ignore Mokou's questions, and just get your grilled eel and go...
- [ ] Home?
- [ ] Wander around, enjoy the sights...
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Mandatory write-in

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 101656
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out
>> No. 101657
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out

Just chillin'.
>> No. 101659
File 12569413697.jpg - (193.92KB , 850x782 , sample-ef8e379ecde00bad306f05a0ce8b0afd.jpg ) [iqdb]
101659
Mokou, Keine and Mystia in one place? I sense something suspicious.

[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
- [x] Hanging out
[x] Why not see if you can all go get dinner or something?

I don't know what else to write.
>> No. 101663
[0] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[1] Hanging out
>> No. 101666
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
- [X] D-date!?
[x] Why not see if you can all go get dinner or something?

's always the same: I can't avoid voting the e-e-embarrasing o-option...!
>> No. 101670
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out

Innocent and clueless, or saving ourselves for Yuuka?

WE SHALL SEE.
>> No. 101672
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out
>> No. 101678
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
- [x] Hanging out with a trusted companion
[x] Why not see if you can all go get dinner or something?

Gathering of friends! (That and if Keine and Mokou were hiding the dating aspect, this'd help)

Also our wording can go either way so we're not slaming the door in Marisa's face but not mistaking her if she just wants to be friends.
>> No. 101681
>>101670
Couldn't have said it better myself.

[+] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[+] Hanging out
>> No. 101686
File 125694753320.jpg - (289.87KB , 800x1066 , cc917a3c8c97e1df40126c1723e58bf8.jpg ) [iqdb]
101686
>>101670
YOU'RE ON
>> No. 101687
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out
>> No. 101688
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out
>> No. 101710
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
- [X] D-date!?
[x] Why not see if you can all go get dinner or something?

I'm sticking with the idea that we can think of Yuuka as a mother figure while having Marisa as the love interest.
>> No. 101711
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out
>> No. 101713
>>101710

I am too, but didn't vote for the date thing 'cause it would probably humiliate Marisa. Or we might be wrong.

Then again, embarrassing Marisa could be fun too
>> No. 101723
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out

>all go get dinner
Why would we leave the food stand to get food? Is this another retard-bait choice like walking to Marisa's house?

>>101649
>the Sakuya voters sided with the ones aiming for Flan
My ass they did.
>> No. 101725
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out.

Taking it easy~
>> No. 101731
>>101710

What if we mistake Marisa's intent, that's why I wrote in "with a trusted companion"

>>101723

I think the all go get dinner option might be going to the food stand to eat together. That's what I assumed.

As for as the GH matter, Sakuya fans either fell in with Flan fans, Patchy/Rumia/whatever character next fans, or just left.

But the main point is that the Sakuya fans' cause has been defeated, and if they're not going with the flow, they're tsunami pissing.

I don't really see things going beyond Marisa fans vs Yuuka fans. But surprises have been known to happen (Like Flan in GH)
>> No. 101732
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out.

It's not an official date and we don't have to tell Keine and Mokou if they didn't tell us, right?
>> No. 101765
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
-[x] Hanging out.
>> No. 101779
File 125702074442.png - (78.78KB , 266x486 , 04f05c77e5495377b01ceed2a0b190ef.png ) [iqdb]
101779
[x] Tell Mokou you're here with Marisa for...
- [x] Hanging out.

"It's alright Keine, Mokou is free to ask if she likes. Just spending time with Marisa, nothing wrong with spending time with a friend, right Mokou?"

The silver-haired girl shrugs, "Naw of course not. I was just curious, since some of the things I hear about Marisa's personal life - "

Keine places her hand over Mokou's mouth silencing her, "Please, Mokou! There is no need to go around gossiping like that. Don't pay her any mind Reina, she's just a little socially inept is all."

While you were curious as to what Mokou was going to say, you had the feeling you weren't going to get it out of her - at least not with Keine around. Though, from the way Keine said it, you probably shouldn't ask Marisa herself since it was probably just petty rumors or something.

"She's probably been livin' in that bamboo forest by herself too long, ya gotta get up and be 'round people some more Mokou!"

Pulling the teacher's hand off her mouth, the girl shakes her head, "Yeah, yeah, that's the same thing Keine tells me everytime I'm with her. Everyone tellin' me what to do, geez..."

"Fresh eel off the grill~ come and get it~." annouced Mystia in her usual singing voice.

Mokou politely took the grilled eel, and handed it over to you and Marisa. As you took the offered eel on a stick, you gave it a quick look over. While you had never seen a live eel before, you guessed it did fit the description of an eel... the stick was neatly placed so it pointed out the mouth of the eel. As you examined the mouth, you noticed it seemed to lack any teeth - though you suspect Mystia had simply removed them or something, teeth probably didn't taste that great. Taking a bite of the eel you are surprised to find it actually tastes quite good, and despite the small size of the eel it seems to taste particularly 'meaty' compared to some fish.

"Hey, this isn't too bad! I mean, it looks kind of odd and I'm pretty sure there used to be a lot of teeth in this mouth here, so pretty sure if it was alive I'd not want to see it but ah, point is it's good!" you say excitedly, taking another bite of the grilled eel.

Marisa's face looked pale as she handed her stick over to you, "T-Then you can have it there Reina, I ah, uhm... n-not that hungry. Ye-yeah..."

"Looks like she doesn't have the stomach for anythin' but mushrooms eh?" boasted Mokou with a grin,

"T-that's not it! I'm just full! Geez!" countered the witch, folding her arms across her chest in a huff.

Keine sighed and rubbed her temples, "Why can't I ever just have a normal..." muttered the schoolteacher, trailing off.

Finishing your first stick of eel, starting on your second you fish around in your pocket for money to pay Mystia with, which she accepts with a smile and whistle. Thanking the youkai for the food, you and Marisa bid Mokou and Keine farewell as you depart the food stand. The witch glances at you oddly as you happily begin to finish up the second stick.

"Ya actually like that stuff?" she asks.

"Mhm, it's pretty delicious actually. I mean, it looks a little odd but it tastes great. Never hurts to try something new!"

Marisa shakes her head and chuckles, "I suppose. You have some pretty odd tastes there Reina, though I guess it's 'cause you're an outsider or somethin'."

"Says the witch who eats mushrooms for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and snacks." you counter teasingly.

"I guess I am just a lil' fond of mushrooms, but you have to understand they're full of good stuff! Like magic! If I didn't eat 'em, I wouldn't be able to do a fraction of the cool stuff I can do ze!"

You tilt your head, "So your magic is powered by mushrooms then? In a manner of speaking of course."

"Well, I guess if ya look at it real simply yeah. I mean, it's a bit more technical then that, but I think I'd just confuse ya if I tried to explain the finer details... so let's just leave it at that ze."

"Hey, this might be kind of random but I've been wondering for a while now... just what season is it right now? I notice the weather is pretty nice in the morning, but at night it's really, really cold and chilly. But it doesn't look like winter..."

"It's actually fall, not winter yet. I mean winter is comin' up but... well lemme see, I guess now it's around... October? November is comin' up pretty soon, but there's probably a week or so left of it."

"Near the end of October? Do you celebrate Halloween here in Gensokyo?" you ask.

"Halloween? Ya mean that outsider holiday of yours where you all dress up and go out for candy? 'Cause that's been a holiday here when you outsiders started comin' in and spreadin' it 'round. Not that I mind of course, I'm not one to pass up the chance for free candy!" stated Marisa with a grin, "Ya thinkin' of gettin' a costume for Halloween, Reina?"

You shrug, and finish the last of your grilled eel, "Not particularly. I was always pretty sick, so going out to trick or treat on a cold night wasn't really such a good idea. Still, knowing it's coming up I guess I should expect something Halloween-inspired coming up soon..."

"Hey, hey, hey! Ya gotta make a costume! I mean it's Halloween! It only comes once a year! Ya can work any day of the week, you can at least give yourself the holidays off!" complained the witch, stomping her foot on the ground in annoyance, "So you better start planin' your costume Reina, I'll be lookin' forward to it!"

"Ok, ok Marisa I'll see what I can do, although making a costume isn't really anything I've ever done before..."

"If all else fails, I guess ya could always ask Alice or somethin'..." offered the witch with a shrug, "just as long as you make one before Halloween!"

~

After an hour or two of just wandering around town, discussing various unimportant topics and some insight into Halloween in Gensokyo (even the youkai got into it!) Marisa offered to walk you home, insisting it was the only proper way to end this whole arrangement.

"You want to stay the night, Marisa?" you offer, as you near your home.

"I'd love ta, but I'm afraid I can't tonight. I've got some stuff I've gotta do for a change, but thanks for the other Reina. And no, don't offer me any food 'cause I'm fine. It was fun gettin' to spend some time with ya, I'll see ya again tomorrow or somethin' alright? You better have an awesome costume ready by Halloween or I'll hafta punish you!" teased the witch with a laugh, hopping onto her broom.

You chuckled and shook your head, "Alright, alright. You have a good day Marisa, stay out of trouble!"

The witch gives you one last wave before flying off on her broom. You head inside and fill your watering can to tend to your garden before you forget. As you water them, you also collect a number of ripe fruits and vegetables which you store inside your home for later use, Yuuka's work had grown some extremely delicious results. Of course, now you just had to think of what to use them all in, but you could worry about that another time.

When you return inside after watering your plants, you notice a few notes tacked on your door. Almost as if they knew what you had learned today, they were requests with deadlines before Halloween, and the requests involved fixing up some Halloween decorations. Besides the usual order from the Scarlet Devil Mansion, which contained (as usual) many things needing work, you were surprised to see one left on behalf of Eientei, and one signed only with the letter "Y".

Eientei's request contained a large amount of objects, just like the mansion's, but seemed to be mostly things like signs and decorations, compared to the mansion requesting tables and chairs. The one signed with "Y" only mentioned some decorations and dolls.

---

Halloween work?:
[ ] Which request to accept?
- [ ] The mansion, they are after all a regular customer.
- [ ] You don't see much of Eientei's requests here...
- [ ] This "Y" seems interesting...
[ ] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
- [ ] Spellcard creation?
- [ ] See about calling down Aya and doing something? (write-in)
- [ ] Why not call Yuuka over for something? (write-in)
[ ] Mandatory write-in option

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories

System:
> + Marisa Kirisame
>> No. 101783
[x] Which request to accept?
-[x] This "Y" seems interesting...
-[x] Inform the other two that you will get to their requests after you finish the current one.

[x] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
- [x] Spellcard creation? (That saw and nail one)

Picking up a new customer isn't a bad thing, but I'm curious to see who it is (most likely either Yukari or Yuyuko.)
>> No. 101784
[x] Which request to accept?
-[x] This "Y" seems interesting...
-[x] Inform the other two that you will get to their requests after you finish the current one.

[x] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
- [x] Spellcard creation? (That saw and nail one)
>> No. 101785
[x] Which request to accept?
-[x] This "Y" seems interesting...
-[x] Inform the other two that you will get to their requests after you finish the current one.

[x] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
- [x] Spellcard creation? (That saw and nail one)
>> No. 101789
[0] Which request to accept?
-[1] This "Y" seems interesting...
-[2] Inform the other two that you will get to their requests after you finish the current one.

[3] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
-[4] Spellcard creation? (That saw and nail one)
>> No. 101799
How many days until Halloween in this story? It would be nice to know if we even have a chance of completing all of the time sensitive requests or not.
>> No. 101800
[x] Which request to accept?
-[x] This "Y" seems interesting...
-[x] Inform the other two that you will get to their requests after you finish the current one.

[x] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
- [x] Spellcard creation? (That saw and nail one)
>> No. 101801
[x] Which request to accept?
-[x] This "Y" seems interesting...
-[x] Inform the other two that you will get to their requests after you finish the current one.

[x] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
- [x] Spellcard creation? (That saw and nail one)
>> No. 101821
>>101799
I haven't picked an exact number of days, but Marisa has said there is a "week or so" of October left, so let's just say you have a bit under a week to do all three.

Not impossible, but you'd be neglecting doing other things.
>> No. 101824
wasn't Mystia a child playing with the rest of team-9 at the school playground? Is she also an entrepreneur, or did her character age/maturity just change?
>> No. 101835
File 125708257295.jpg - (138.48KB , 450x450 , 75719eedefdd3cf5c5d6cea26f53294e.jpg ) [iqdb]
101835
[x] Which request to accept?
-[x] This "Y" seems interesting...
-[x] Inform the other two that you will get to their requests after you finish the current one.

[x] Well the rest of the day is yours, what to do with it?
- [x] Spellcard creation? (That saw and nail one)

Your curiousity had been sufficiently roused by the "Y" note, it seemed simple enough so why would the maker of the note just sign it with a "Y"? The first thought that came to mind was that Yukari had left it, you knew no one else whose name started with a "Y" so it was probably a safe bet. Still, Yukari lived in the middle of nowhere, from what you've heard, so how did she even expect for you to contact her?

While you pondered that little problem, you fetched your notepad and went about writing out responses to their requests, telling them you would get to their orders as soon as possible. You did feel a little guilty using Aya as your sort of messenger girl, but delivering them yourself was out of the question and you didn't really imagine Gensokyo had a postal service. Once you finished writing the notes, you left them in the usual way to deliver them to Aya, suspecting she'd probably do it first thing in the morning.

Turning your attention back to the mysterious "Y" note, you read it a few times and flip it over. Nothing on the back, drat. Somehow you thought that would've worked...

"No, there wasn't any sort of hidden message on the back, or some special magic that would reveal anything if it somehow you knew you accepted it." spoke an unfamiliar voice from behind you.

Jumping up and surpressing a scream, you turn around to see a rather tall woman with short blonde hair, and... a bunch of bushy tails and ears? Definitely not Yukari...

The many-tailed woman tilts her head at you, "I suppose you expected Lady Yukari? Sorry to disappoint, but she's still asleep as the sun is still out. I'm Ran. Before you ask, no Lady Yukari didn't leave the request, I merely signed it with the first letter of our family name."

"So, your full name would be Ran Yakumo then? How are you related to Yukari? Are you like her daughter or something...?" you ask curiously.

Ran gives you an odd stare before chuckling, "Ah, you are quite the odd one. No, I'm actually Lady Yukari's familiar. Think of me as a sort of servant, that would probably be the easiest way for you to understand. I'm merely related to her only in name."

"O-oh, I see... guess that was an odd question to ask..."

"It's quite alright miss Roots. I've heard a lot about you from Lady Yukari, including your considerable talent in many things. I'm sorry it was on such short notice, especially with Halloween coming up, but I guess my request wasn't too sudden?"

"Of course not! It seems easy enough, so it shouldn't be a problem... just some decorations and dolls, right? Is Yukari throwing a party or something...?"

The many-tailed familiar shakes her head, "Afraid not. They're merely for show around the house. Lady Yukari rarely receives visitors as it is quite difficult to reach her, and I suspect she doesn't wish to make the effort to bring people to her home. It wasn't a very urgent request, but I appreciate you accepting it. I'll have the goods deposited in your workshop, and when you finish... well, I'll check in every night, so don't worry about trying to find me."

You nod your head, "Alright, seems simple enough. I'll have it done as soon as I can. Would you like to have some tea, or something to eat Ran...?"

"No thank you miss Roots, I'm afraid I have things I need to get done. Well then, I'll see you again sometime perhaps miss Roots, have a good day. Do check your workshop in a few hours or so, I'll probably have it all delivered before then but... well, you understand how things can pop up unexpectedly."

The familiar offers you a wave before, like Yukari, opening up a gap and stepping through it. Really had to be pretty convienet to be able to travel pretty much anywhere in the blink of an eye, sure would be something if you could do that... pushing the thought aside you look behind your counter for the box Reimu had given you. You had some freetime, so why not see if you could develop a spellcard without the miko's help?

~

It took you several hours to finish the process, and even then you could only assume it worked. It at least gave off that same 'feel' as your first successful spellcard. Still, it would require actual use to confirm it, but you were confident in your abilites. Tucking the card away you took a look out the window and frowned, it was now dark out meaning there wasn't much you could do. Always a possibility to hit up the town at night, but you had to risk going out in the night to reach the village first. Besides, there wasn't really anything you needed to do in the village anyway.

Yawning, you get up and stretch, heading over to check inside your workshop to see if Ran had delivered the goods yet or not. A quick check revealed she had, as you quickly noticed a few new decorations (wooden pumpkins, some Halloween-themed signs) along with a few dolls. The dolls didn't seem to have much connection to Halloween, so you had to guess they belonged to Yukari or Ran. Yukari didn't strike you as the kind to own dolls, or Ran for that matter, but who else could they belong to? Picking one up and examining it, you noticed it did look a lot like Ran... if Ran was much smaller and in a plushie-doll form of course.

Maybe they belonged to someone else who knew Yukari and Ran... well, none of your business. You just had to remember to get it all done before it got too late, you did after all say you would get the mansion and Eientei's jobs done before Halloween... yawning once more, you head upstairs to take a bath and get dressed for bed. You could figure out how to do all this in the morning.

~

"So Remilia has invited me to a Halloween party at her house?" you ask Aya in surprise, taking a sip from your cup.

The tengu nodded her head enthusiastically, "Yup! She throws one every Halloween, and she usually invites everyone outta formality, but she made this one just for you! I got it from Sakuya when I dropped off your note this morning."

You had never been invited to anything before, let alone a party with a vampire in a big, elborate mansion. The thought was pretty flattering, even if she did invite the whole village.

"Well, what is the party like? I've really never been to one before so..."

"The big rule is you gotta come in costume! It is Halloween after all. Aside from that, it's pretty much just a big social gathering. You'll probably see a lot of the big names of Gensokyo there, even Reimu goes to the party. Though I think she just goes for the food..." Aya shrugs, "still, it really is something. Remilia likes to throw big parties at her mansion, though since they're at night and you have to cross the lake to get there, it's usually only attended by the noteworthy people of Gensokyo, rather then the commoners."

"Guess that makes sense... I'd have to hitch a ride with someone though to get there..."

"Genjii wasn't at the shrine and Reimu knew nothing, huh? Well, I could do some investigating of my own for you, but I can't promise I can get it done before Halloween rolls around. Gensokyo is pretty big, and if he's in hiding or something, it'll be very difficult to track him down."

"Y-you don't have to go through all that trouble for me, really Aya! I mean, it sounds like a big job and all..."

The tengu grinned and shook her head, "Nope, my mind is made up! I'll find Genjii even if takes me a century! ... Though I'll try to find him sooner then that, of course. Just leave it to me!"

You offered Aya a smile, "Well guess your mind is made up. Thanks Aya, I appreciate it. I'm sure Reimu wants to... oh! Right! She did say she was going to go start looking for Genjii today, you could try to combine your efforts with her."

"Investigating with Reimu, huh? Well, that sounds interesting... though I suspect she'll turn it into some sort of race. This sounds more fun by the second, thanks for the heads up Reina. I better get goin', don't want that shrine maiden getting too much of a head start! Thanks for the tea and breakfast."

Aya waved before leaving the kitchen, and likely leaving via her normal exit of the window. Gathering up the dirty dishes on the table, you washed and rinsed them all before putting them away. Well you had no lessons with Reimu today, since she was busy doing that Genjii hunt. You did have Ran's order to do, and only so long to do it in as well, especially if you wanted to get the mansion and Eientei's orders done before Halloween... and now you needed a costume, not just to appease Marisa, but for that party too.

---

What a busy day...
[ ] If you hurry, maybe you can join Reimu and Aya in the Genjii hunt?
[ ] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[ ] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [ ] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
[ ] Other (write-in)

Inventory:
o Maps (Gensokyo and Human Village)
o "Gensokyo" Grimoire
o Seeds from Yuuka

Spellcards:
o Apprentice Sign: Treasure Box of Memories
o Mishap Sign: For the Want of a Nail

System:
> "Yakumo's Halloween" job started - deadline is prior to Halloween
> There's only 6 days until Halloween!
> "The Mansion's Halloween" job pending - deadline is 3 days prior
> "Eientei's Halloween" job pending - deadline is 2 days prior
> "Halloween at the Mansion!" sidequest started - costume must be finished before Halloween!
>> No. 101844
> "The Mansion's Halloween" job pending - deadline is 3 days prior
> "Eientei's Halloween" job pending - deadline is 2 days prior
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
--[x]Disguise: Shanghai.
We might as well start voting on the custome now. More original ideas will be welcome.
>> No. 101845
File 125708737347.jpg - (180.94KB , 467x599 , alucard_002.jpg ) [iqdb]
101845
[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
[x] Disguise: pic related
>> No. 101848
[x] >>101845
>> No. 101849
>>101846
>I thought the idea was having Alice come up with something.

Why not let us, the readers, decide what Alice comes up with, then?

Unless the writefag has something specific in mind already.
>> No. 101850
But I think we should somehow get some help through the forest to get to Alice's house, remember the last time we tried going in by ourselves?

Maybe we should invite Yuuka along for the trip?
>> No. 101853
[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
-- [x] Invite Yuuka to come along, since I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing her little flower bloom.
>> No. 101859
>>101850

Oh wow, having anon vote to go into the forest to their deaths twice in a row would be downright hilarious.

I really think we should try getting all three orders done, for maximum Halloween enjoyment. Finish Ran's first because we should get in good with Ran and Yukari, and don't tell me you don't want a scene with trick-or-treating Chen, or something equally heart melting. SDM second as we are going there. Grateful Remilia do want, and we'll likely get a better rep if she's talking good about us. And then take on Eientei's if we still have time left, since theirs has the latest of the two deadlines.

I don't think sacrificing 3 or 4 days of unwittingly romancing Touhoes, or going light on the danmaku practice for a bit will be a problem, just as long as we let the relevant parties know we're going to be busy for a couple days. We're progressing pretty fast on the friendship and power route anyway ( jarringly fast in my opinion ).

We should, however, talk to Alice early on about a costume. For all we know she might end up getting swamped right before Halloween.

[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
-- [x] Invite Yuuka to come along, since I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing her little flower bloom.
-- [x] Pick up Marisa on the way, she's nearby anyway, afterall
>> No. 101864
>>101859

Great points but it's a matter of how much time it takes to do the taste (as in how many time periods in a day)

I do think we should have a bit of time aside for relaxation each day, but I think the Danmaku lessons would have to wait some due to how strenuous they are in nature.
>> No. 101869
[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
-- [x] Invite Yuuka to come along, since I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing her little flower bloom.
-- [x] Pick up Marisa on the way, she's nearby anyway, afterall
>> No. 101899
Just for clarification. Yes you can specify a specific costume, I would prefer that personally.

Now on another topic, while I want to update I must postpone it until tomorrow I'm afraid. Tonight is school, and I can't sleep deprive myself much more.

I apologize, I'll update tomorrow morning.
>> No. 101902
Folks if you want to change your votes, now's the time since I have good word that the forest option WITHOUT anyone coming with is a deathtrap. Just reminding anons that don't want a bad end or getting chewed out for stupidity.
>> No. 101909
>>101845
here.

Add [x] Pick up Marisa if she's not too busy.
>> No. 101910
>>101859 here

Add
[x] Costume: Dracula (Lugosi version)

I can't resist the idea of showing up to a vampire's party dressed like a vampire.
>> No. 101913
[x] Costume: Dracula (Lugosi version)
>> No. 101923
[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
-- [x] Invite Yuuka to come along, since I'm sure she'd enjoy seeing her little flower bloom.

No backup plan for if she can't come along?
>> No. 101925
>>101923

If not we'll just get some other choices then on what to do, just not charge into the forest alone.

That and Yuuka seems to have a nice amount of time, who knows maybe Yuuka feels like a costume as well.
>> No. 101931
[x]Costume: Sunflower costume.

Going as a vampire to a vampire's party seems pretty tasteless, doesn't seem to be in Reina's character.
>> No. 101932
>>101853 Here

Add [x] Pick up Marisa if she's not too busy.
[x] Sunflower costume
>> No. 101934
>>101844
Changing disguise to
[x] Costume: Dracula (Lugosi version)
>> No. 101935
>>101934

You forgot the part about getting a way through the forest. We don't need another bad end like that.
>> No. 101976
[Q] Sunflower costume
>> No. 101980
[x] Sunflower costume

Knew I forgot something.
>> No. 101981
>>101976
[x] Sunflower costume.

I'm curious of how our costume will look like.
>> No. 101982
>>101845
here.

Changing costume to [x] Costume: Dracula (Lugosi version)
>> No. 101983
[x] Costume: Dracula (Lugosi version)
The actions are pretty much decided so I´ll just vote for the costume.
>> No. 101985
Adding [x] Sunflower costume

to
>>101869
>> No. 101992
[x] You should get Ran's order done, if you slack you might not get everything done in time!
[x] Costume design, huh? That'll be tricky...
- [x] Contact Yuuka using the power of love those seeds she gave you and invite her to the party.
- [x] Take the easy route and see about getting Alice to do it, you should know where her house is in the forest right?
-- [x]FOR GOD'S SAKE ASK YUUKA FOR A LIFT DON'T GO ALONE YOU POTHEAD.
- [x] Remeber to invite Alice to the party as well.
- [x] What the hell, invite Marisa too, she's nearby anyway.

EXTRA: [x] Costume: Dracula (Lugosi version)
>> No. 101996
>>101935
This shouldn't even be necessary. Reina isn't retarded, if she gets it in her head to visit someone in the forest there's no reason she wouldn't try to find a sane way of getting there. She should be able to solve this.

And if she can't, it's not like we even have much control over her intelligence or personality. Most of our choices are basically setting up or changing her schedule for the day. I feel like a personal assistant when I vote in this story.
>> No. 101999
I really can't see Reina going to a vampire's halloween ball as a vampire. Any other hotshot protagonist might have the cojones to pull that off, but Reina's forte is moe.

[x] Costume: Jeannie, from I Dream of Jeannie
Because Marisa is basically Samantha already. Not that I think she's going as herself, but fuck it, I got nothing else.
>> No. 102007
>>101996

That's the logic we used the first time going into the forest. Look where that got us.

Most of the time the decisions are no brainers but sometimes there are ones that are obviously stupid without some kind of sub option.
>> No. 102011
>>102007

I think from now on we should NEVER EVER take the default travel options for dangerous places like the forest. We should write in for traveling instead, every single time. Because it is really obvious by now that kriss is baiting us for another bad end.
>> No. 102037
>>102007
No, you don't get what I'm saying. I mean if we vote for a really vague choice like "go here" (which is most of the choices), kriss shouldn't assume we want to do it in an idiotic and dangerous way. My problem isn't really with the voters.
>> No. 102054
>>102037

I understood that, and agree completely. I'm just saying that it is obvious we are being baited for bad ends. And that maybe we should avoid taking default travel options, and write in for those instead.

This particular "go forest" option has "death" pretty blatantly written all over it, though I I guess I can see how anon might think that choosing it would look for a way to go there without necessarily just blundering into the forest. I really question the wisdom of making the default choice bad-end fodder, however.

What I'm worried about with the current vote is if Yuuka declines, and Reina decides to blunder into the forest anyway. Now that would be a low blow. Thankfully, I don't think kriss would do that.
>> No. 102055
>>102054

FFFFFFF
Disregard that, didn't see there was a new thread.