- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 28607)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 125910379030.jpg - (457.27KB, 750x750, yukari02.jpg) [iqdb]
28607 No. 28607
New thread for S.L.D.T
Expand all images
>> No. 28608
Whoa, not the kind of pic I was expecting at all, but thanks for making it possible to update sooner.

---

[X]Transform into something else entirely, maybe something that doesn't take much effort to hold or fly in. Maybe a healing factor.

You know, aside from the fact that Reimu would probably kick my ass even harder if I didn't comply with her 'request' I find this form tiring to maintain. And I'm sore all over from taking danmaku blasts from a magitech engineer's tank, so maybe something smaller, easier to maintain at the very least... First I have to snap back to being me, which is easily done considering the fact that I didn't want to hold that form any longer.

"Finally. You also smelled horrible after getting blasted so much." Reimu's first act is to fly down and criticise my smell. Wonderful. "As much as I normally wouldn't do this, I'll carry you if you feel like you can't fly."

"Until I feel good enough to fly again I take it?" I accept Reimu's outstretched hand with gratitude and allow her to carry me off into the sky.

It's hardly an unpleasant ride, but I need to figure out some form that can heal itself and fly at the same time, preferably at the speed everyone else is going, but what form to take? Well, I can think of a few forms, such as an organic ship from Genesis Rising, I could always mash up a Sinow Gold and a Canadine robot for speed and self healing, but it'd take some work to make not look stupid. Cubia's out of the question since I don't think the miko would appreciate it, I could take the form of a Tales Of monster and grant myself regeneration that way... Eh, I'll settle for taking the form of a spaceship right now since I don't feel like spending too much time thinking about it. Freelancer doesn't allow for the regeneration of hull integrity, but all I have to do is give myself nanobots and the problem's solved. But that's not really regeneration, so I settle for something I know can restore its own health: Prime 3 Dark Samus. I'd still be out of the running until I get my act together, but all I have to do is think about regenerating and it should work.

"Reimu, I should be okay flying by myself." The miko responds to my words and lets go, allowing me to fly under my own power. I then make a quick electric blue change to become the dark hunter and start healing myself.

"It's better than that... whatever the hell that thing you were a few minutes ago." It seems Reimu's given me some level of approval since this isn't an overgrown zombie. "...Maybe it's just morbid curiosity, but what was that last form anyway? I've never seen anything like it."

"That? That's called a Necromorph Hive Mind. It basically helps coordinate a race of zombies." I notice that my voice is more or less normal despite the fact that Dark Samus' speech is unintelligable. I'm not complaining about small favors like this though, it's the best way to lose them.

"Even more reason to not like that form. That's a video game enemy I take it?" The miko once again catches me off guard by asking another question I didn't expect.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I take a moment to scan for Suika since I haven't seen the small oni in the last few minutes. Turns out she's singlehandedly wiping out the stage fodder on her own.

"Because Yukari showed me what video games she's been playing with her bisexual ghost princess, and they've been playing all sorts of horror games. I happened to catch a glimpse of Yuyuko beating the monster you took the form of. Didn't like it then, don't like it now." If it's enough to disturb the shrine maiden then I probably shouldn't take that form in her sight unless the situation truly calls for it lest she beat my ass into the next millenium.

"So Yukari introduced you to video games huh?" I'm starting to wonder how Yukari views Reimu exactly if she was trying to get the miko roped into doing something with her that doesn't involve the loss of clothes. Unless it was strip gaming, where the loser loses a piece of clothing after a round.

"I don't really see the point in escapist fantasies that involve horror. I've been to Hell and Makai already, I don't need any more horror in my life." I fly a bit closer to Reimu as she continues to talk. "Escapist fantasies involving someone else saving the world on the other hand... that I wouldn't mind quite so much."

"Oh, you are the one who winds up getting sucked into these incidents every time they happen so I guess it's natural that you'd want the occasional out." I barely notice the fact that Suika just beat up someone with red hair and a green and yellow outfit, but it's not like I know who it is so it can't be that important can it?

"You've got it right. Sometimes I wish someone else could take my job for a while. It gets troublesome when I'm the only one destined to hold the Hakurei border together and deal with every single problem that crops up while I live. And thanks to my bloodline, that'll take a long time." There's something melancholic about the way Reimu's talking right now, but it doesn't quite distract me from the fact we're now flying over a red lake. "Hakurei maidens age far slower than normal humans so they have plenty of time to find someone to help continue the line, and so far I haven't met anyone even remotely worth the effort, and... ugh, why am I rambling like this?"

"Reimu, there's a weird bat girl who says she's a vampire flyin' around and she wants to talk to you!" Suika makes herself known, which draws my attention to the blonde vampire floating nearby. Is this the Kurumi Yuuka warned Reimu about?

[X]Try talking to her, see if we can get out of this without a fight.
[X]Worst comes to worst I'll handle it. Dark Samus comes back from almost anything.
[X]Let Reimu do the talking.
[X]Can we just ignore her and hope she goes away?
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28609
>I barely notice the fact that Suika just beat up someone with red hair and a green and yellow outfit, but it's not like I know who it is so it can't be that important can it?

Orange? Noooo Suika, how could you?

[X]Can we just ignore her and hope she goes away?
>> No. 28610
[X]Try talking to her, see if we can get out of this without a fight.
[X]Worst comes to worst I'll handle it. Dark Samus comes back from almost anything.

Your right about Dark Samus coming back from almost anything. She's almost as bad as Ridley, who always comes back. Always.

And I think Giygas would probably be a 'All-or-Nothing' transformation, if there isn't any other choice left. Like for the Final Boss or something.
>> No. 28612
[X]Let Reimu do the talking.
[x]See how Reimu handles it before making any moves.

I think since we're recovering, we shouldn't be picking fights so quickly. That and Reimu might just oneshot her and be done with it.
>> No. 28613
>>28610

Problem is that Wade might go insane himself if he uses that. And I thought we learned our lesson on using forms just because they seem cool.

>"Hakurei maidens age far slower than normal humans so they have plenty of time to find someone to help continue the line, and so far I haven't met anyone even remotely worth the effort, and... ugh, why am I rambling like this?"

I wonder if we should think of a way to change her mind.
>> No. 28614
[X]Let Reimu do the talking.
[x]See how Reimu handles it before making any moves.
>> No. 28615
[X] Let Reimu do the talking.
[x] See how Reimu handles it before making any moves.
>> No. 28616
[0] Let Reimu do the talking.
[1] See how Reimu handles it before making any moves.
>> No. 28617
[X] Let Reimu do the talking.
[x] See how Reimu handles it before making any moves.
[x] 'Plenty of time uh? Considering all the training that your heir would need, One'd think that you'd try to find a partner as soon as possible. You know, early bird and all that...'
>> No. 28618
>>28617

I didn't mean now, but I mean after the incident (for one her mood'd be better), and that line is not exactly smooth what so ever.
>> No. 28619
I'm too tired to check right now but... can we turn into battle armor? That someone else wears?
>> No. 28620
>>28619
I don't see why not. I had Nari become a handgun in the last thread so Wade, who has just as flexible of transformation powers, could easily do something like that.
>> No. 28621
>>28620
Oh boy, that will be an awkward conversation.
>> No. 28622
>>28620
>I had Nari become a handgun in the last thread

I must not have been paying attention when I was reading, because I don't remember this at all.
>> No. 28623
>>28622

He never actually said that she'd transformed but it seems that it was implied.

>"Yukari, enough is enough." While Yukari's distracted I managed to relay to Nari that I'd need some help with this, and that help came in the form of a gun that fires rubber bullets. Enough to knock someone out, I hope, but not enough to deal permanent damage.

>"Oh, don't be such a-" One rubber bullet to the forehead later and Yukari's stunned long enough for Naomi to- wait, why isn't she moving?
>> No. 28624
I did imply that Nari became the handgun in question in that update, and I'm confirming it here by saying she did.

---

[X]Let Reimu do the talking.
[X]See how Reimu handles it before making any moves.

"Not too many people come to the blood lake willingly shrine maiden, even fewer make a second visit. I doubt you and your friends would walk into my open arms, so why are you here?" The vampire girl in question is yet another beautiful blonde woman. Sheesh, how many attractive women exist in this fantasy land?

"We're not sticking around if that's what you're asking. I'm taking these two with me into the border of dream and reality, but if you get in my way I'll just beat you down like last time." I think Reimu's patience for intrusions is officially run out seeing as she's got multiple detonating needles aimed right at the vampire. "But I do have one question. Who're you again?"

The vampire girl momentarily lost composure at Reimu's question, during which she showed complete bewilderment at the fact the miko didn't remember her. "Who am I? I am Kurumi, the vampire of the blood lake! Do you forget everyone you've previously fought?" Now she looks at us with a rather hurt expression, but I guess most people wouldn't take being forgotten all that well.

"Almost, except for the duelists who won't leave me be afterwards." Reimu's moving around Kurumi in order to try and slip past her. Both Suika and I follow suit to try and get past this roadblock.

"So first you barge into my home, then you threaten and insult me, and now you attempt to ignore me as though I am not even here." Kurumi starts advancing on us as we start putting distance between ourselves at her. "I believe when one has insulted another a duel may be issued, correct?"

"If we weren't in such a hurry I'd be more than happy to accept. However..." Reimu then takes off twoard the island in the middle of the lake at full speed, forcing the oni and I to keep up with her so we won't be left behind with an angry vampiress.

"Rude as ever Hakurei." How did Kurumi cover that much distance that fast? "I would have allowed you safe passage had you been polite to me, but now I see no reason. I think I'll keep you alive so I may drink your virgin blood for the rest of your life!" At that point Kurumi bared her fangs and spread her wings out to their full width, at which point this became a matter of consistently forcing her back so she won't catch up.

"Are we going to bother with spellcard rules?" I have to shout over the wind to make myself heard.

"Stick to non-lethal attacks, even as annoyed as I am with her I don't want to kill her." Reimu launched the exploding needles regardless, so I guess they aren't lethal either.

"Okay, just dunk her into the lake then!" Suika's gathering up danmaku, but it's only then do I realise that Kurumi's not bothering with firing bullets, she's closing the distance so she can tear into us with those claws!

Well, I can't let Suika and Reimu's story end like that can I? I start firing missile after missile at the enraged vampiress, only to watch them blow away a wall of blood instead. "Reimu, is she able to control blood?"

"It took years of effort, but I learned how to make the Blood Lake bend to my will." I heard Kurumi cooing into my ear so to speak from behind before feeling her talons scrape across the Phazon Suit's shields. They didn't even deal that much damage. "Huh? What in the world are you made o-AUGH!"

I responded in kind by blowing her away with a Phazon shield, and then watched her skip across the surface of the blood lake as she reoriented herself, only to be blasted farther away by Suika's firey shot and juggled even further by Reimu's homing amulets before sinking beneath the surface.

"We're about halfway there." Reimu stated her ETA without much emotion in her voice. Actually, it's probably because she's trying to sense Kurumi's presence within the lake and it's taking up most of her concentration. "Keep an eye out too, I doubt she's done."

No sooner does she say that than a massive claw made from blood erupt from the surface of the lake in an attempt to grab Reimu. I blow it away before it can accomplish that, though just barely. "I think you'd be better off using your eyes instead of trying to sense her presence, she could be anywhere."

"I guess you're right, the blood's messing up anything I sense right now." Reimu admitted defeat in her attempt to locate Kurumi with her spiritual power and started using her eyes to keep herself from being dragged under.

Though that got me thinking; The combat visor in Hyper Moder greyed out anything that isn't alive in any sense of the word while making living beings much more vivid and easier to spot. Then there's the X-ray visor, which allows you to see past walls but has a freakishly short field of view by comparison. If I mix the two capacities together I'll either be able to pick Kurumi out regardless of depth, I'll see an acid trip in red, or it just won't penetrate blood. I kind of doubt the last one because if blood blocked out X-rays then it shouldn't be possible to use them to diagnose bone fractures and the like.

"Hey Wade, while you were thinking we made it to the island!" Suika breaks my train of thought by shaking me a little. "Wasn't all that eventful either, which is weird because I thought that the vampire girl would've kept attacking us the whole way."

"That was a bit easy for someone who spent years doing all that. I'm not going to complain if that's the truth though." Reimu touched down in front of a hole on this... solid black island? It didn't look like this from further away, or at least that's what I thought.

"Reimu, was the island solid black before?" It's starting to creep me out. I half expect to hear eerie music in the background and the sky to turn purple while red and black eyes stare at us from every solid surface.

"Now that you mention it, no..." Reimu caught on to my worried tone and started looking around. "But this is definitely the right island, I can sense the border of dream and reality just through this hole."

My concerns were justified by copies of Kurumi made from blood started seeping through the ground, one of which covered Reimu's mouth and bound her legs, another her arms, another yet started pulling her down to the ground. Suika gathered up the blood clones attempting to bind her up into a little ball, and me? Well, that's what Hyper Grapple is for.

"Wade, I'm too busy dealing with the ones trying to get at me, you gotta help Reimu since she got caught off guard!" Suika started launching the collected orb back into the lake while forming another one.

"Of course, that means you have to beat the one standing in your way." Kurumi appeared out of a puddle of blood between me and Reimu, wearing a confident smirk the whole time. "I'll keep her alive, she's required to keep the border up after all. But I'll get to do to her whatever I wish."

"Aren't you going a bit overboard? Sure you're a vampire but-" I start trying to reason with her, but she cuts me off mid-sentence.

"Perhaps, but if I allow either you or the oni to live you'll just let the miko's other friends know and they'll beat me up. I don't have a grudge against either of you, but I can't let the rude little girl get away with this twice in a row!" Now she's making her case, and I'm officially out of patience for this game myself. My next act is to use the hyper grapple to slam her into a side of the hole and kick her further in. Coincidentally now that I think I've knocked her out the blood clones lost their form.

[X]Write-in
>> No. 28625
I hate hate hate hate hate having to skip out on options because I'd get stuck in a position to lose the whole update!

Anyways, here are the options I didn't have time to put into the update at the moment:

[X]See if Reimu's alright, and maybe help wash some of that blood off her before we go.
[X]Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form for dealing with vampires.
[X]Without the blood advantage Suika should do just fine battling Kurumi if the vampire's still conscious.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28628
[X]See if Reimu's and Suika alright, and maybe help them wash some of that blood before we go.
[x] Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form for dealing with vampires.
-[x] And since she's a vampire, she'd have a vampire's weaknesses. Change one of your arms into the Light Beam - MP2 Echos.
>> No. 28629
[X] See if Reimu's and Suika alright, and maybe help them wash some of that blood before we go.
[x] Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form for dealing with vampires.
-[x] And since she's a vampire, she'd have a vampire's weaknesses. Change one of your arms into the Light Beam - MP2 Echos.
>> No. 28630
[X]See if Reimu's and Suika alright, and maybe help them wash some of that blood before we go.
[x] Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form for dealing with vampires.
-[x] And since she's a vampire, she'd have a vampire's weaknesses. Change one of your arms into the Light Beam - MP2 Echos.
>> No. 28631
[0] See if Reimu's and Suika alright, and maybe help them wash some of that blood before we go.
[1] Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form for dealing with vampires.
-[2] And since she's a vampire, she'd have a vampire's weaknesses. Change one of your arms into the Light Beam - MP2 Echos.
>> No. 28632
[X] See if Reimu's and Suika alright, and maybe help them wash some of that blood before we go.
[x] Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form for dealing with vampires.
-[x] And since she's a vampire, she'd have a vampire's weaknesses. Change one of your arms into the Light Beam - MP2 Echos, just in case she continues to be uppity.

This sounds good for now.
>> No. 28634
[X]See if Reimu's and Suika alright, and maybe help them wash some of that blood before we go.
[x] Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form for dealing with vampires.
-[x] And since she's a vampire, she'd have a vampire's weaknesses. Change one of your arms into the Light Beam - MP2 Echos.
>> No. 28635
Main story's end will be here soon~ Then there's all the postgame stuff to do. Hopefully I won't have to worry about being unable to write with any sort of reliability in a month's time or so.
Okay, long story short: My dad's been out of work for well over a year and we're running out of money. If I suddenly stop writing for an extended period of time it's not because I dropped the story, it's because I'm unable to continue writing. Which is why I've been in such a rush to get the main story done.

That, however, will not stop me from writing or cause me to wallow in self pity.

---

[X]See if Reimu and Suika are alright, and maybe help them wash some of the blood off before we go.
[X]Head down the hole first since I'm in a better form to deal with vampires.
-[X]And since she's a vampire, she'd have a vampire's weaknesses. Change on of your arms into the Light Beam. - MP2 Echoes

First of all, I should check on the red white, now mostly red, who had I failed would probably have been raped at the absolute minimum judging from how frisky one of the clones was being with her.

"Reimu, are you okay?" Maybe it sounds stupid, but out of the three of us she came out of it the worst so it's only natural I check on her first right?

My first response was Reimu spitting out blood, which considering the fact that she didn't get hurt physically meant that it wasn't hers, but it was still unnerving. "Do I really look that bad?"

"Yes, actually." Where's a hose when you need one? Or some kind of blood removing solvent, because that would go a long way twoards making this less creepy.

"Think I'm going to live doc?" Reimu sits up and looks me straight in the eye with an amused smile on her face.

"I don't know, I might have to take you to Eientei before we continue, you look like you could keel over with all the blood you're spitting out." I reach out to give the miko a hand up, which she readily accepts before slipping in a puddle of blood and causing the both of us to fall to the ground. "Ah, sorry about that."

"What're you apologising for?" The miko helps me up this time, and our little moment is broken up by the diminutive oni.

"Heeeeey, you better be careful Reimu, Yukari's layed claim to the boy already." Suika also helps out by gathering the loose blood off Reimu's clothes, as well as mine, before tossing the newest orb of blood back into the lake.

"Don't remind me. I get the feeling Yukari might just move into the shrine for good if Wade keeps everything in his soul that he has now." Reimu then examines the hole in the ground, and apparently noticed the Kurumi shaped impact on the side of the wall. "Wade, did you do this?"

"I then kicked her down there, why?" How did I manage to forget that I'm still Dark Samus? Meh, it's not that important.

"Well, out of the two options it I guess this seemed better at the time." The miko's standing right on the edge looking down into what might as well be a bottomless pit.

"Eh, I wouldn't worry 'bout it too much. There's no blood down in the border of dream and reality is there?" Suika had also decided to look down the hole, but from the looks of it it was more to decide whether she was going to jump first.

"I seriously doubt it, not unless Gengetsu or Mugetsu wanted it. If Kurumi still wants to fight it'll have to be with her own inherent power rather than the ability to manipulate blood." Reimu almost springs up, but I actively hold her back. "What?"

"I think I should go first, I have a better form for dealing with vampires than either of you right at the moment." That earned me a quizzical look from Reimu since she's probably better equipped to deal with vampires. "She can't suck blood that isn't there, and this form has pretty high defense."

"Or maybe you just want to earn some points with Reimu." Suika decided to tease me a little over the fact that I was opting to dive into a potentially dangerous situation ahead of someone who could probably kick Kurumi's ass in a matter of seconds.

"I'm not going to respond to that." It does strike me as a good idea to recall vampire weaknesses, specifically the one regarding light. After all, the Light Beam's powerful enough to set stuff on fire so I can only imagine what it'll do to a vampire. That does of course require a form change since Dark Samus only uses Phazon to attack its foes, so the first order of buisness is to turn Dark Samus into the Phazon Suit, which oddly enough I could feel both my body inside the suit and the me that is the suit protecting me. Talk about paradoxes. After that, I set the current beam to the Light Beam, and jump down the hole with Reimu and Suika following me moments later.

"First of all, this wasn't what I expected." For some reason the three of us are now falling down what looks like an elevator shaft lit by luminescent rings every seven feet or so with no apparent bottom in sight.

"I guess I can't really blame you, I didn't know what to expect either. Though why flight failed on us just now is beyond me." Reimu was more or less taking this in stride a few feet above me. "No sign of the vampire either, which is either good or bad. I'm not sure which."

"Ehh, I just wish this would stop. It's kind of boring if nothing happens." Suika was preforming all sorts of airial antics to ease the boredom.

"Suika, don't jinx it..." Reimu put her palm to her face upon hearing Suika's comment.

"Too late." I aim the Light Beam downwards at the vampire speeding up to meet us, letting loose a charge shot which not only knocked her back down but set her on fire for a few seconds.

"Cut that out you ass, I'm getting out of here! I don't care about killing you and stealing the shrine maiden anymore!" True to her word Kurumi then shot twoard the exit.

The lights faded as the elevator shaft bottomed out into the familiar open space I've visited a few times before. Though I don't recall the moon being there before, or the endless field of flowers hundreds of feet beneath us. Now that I find myself able to fly again I'm able to admire the beauty without wondering how I'm going to stop myself from becoming a pancake.

"Oh? The Hakurei shrine maiden and Wade?" Fortunately Mugetsu finds us first, since I get the impression she's the more reasonable sister to deal with, and I like the concept of everyone being reasonable. "And someone I don't recognize, who're you?"

"The name's Suika, what's yours?" Suika took a swig out of her gourd after asking that.

"My name is Mugetsu, it's nice to meet you. But that doesn't answer why the three of you are here in the flesh, especially when big sis is in such a foul mood right now." Mugetsu's not bothering with anything fancy, but I get the impression we're moving anyway.

"Does it have anything to do with this guy right here?" The miko points to me, which makes me wonder how much research or interrogation she did to get the facts. Or whether this was all intuition speaking.

"I'm afraid so, I'm not sure if she'll listen to reason right now." Mugetsu then looked the three of us over. "Not unless you're here to remove Wade's presence from this realm?"

"That's part of it. Suika, do what you need to to get all the fragments out of here in one go." Reimu turns to the oni and gets her started on her part of the job.

"Sure thing." Suika then takes a hold of my left hand. "This is going to feel weird, but this'll be the fastest way to do it."

"I trust you not to do anything that would damage me. Go ahead." I give a redundant go ahead and feel myself lose form as I'm turned into an orb.

Suika then starts spinning me around as fast as she can which causes countless tiny pieces to start adding themselves to the whole. I could feel every part reintegrate with my body, and with it numerous memeories, skills, and feelings. They all started flooding my mind and I'm caught up in a malestrom of color, scent, taste, sound, and texture for minutes on end. But now I'm starting to feel guilty about a fair few things, such as accepting being a part of the Prismriver's band, promising Youmu a proper rematch, the person I took to last years harvest festival, dueling Suwako more times than I care to count... All that was coming back. It was no longer as if I had read it out of someone else's picture ablum but rather that I had experienced it all myself. I even remembered who did this to me to begin with...

Once I manage to get it under control I find myself lying on my back looking up at the crescent moon with the cross overlay, or at least I think that's my back I'm lying on, I'm not sure I've even taken a form yet.

The one thing that does catch my attention is the seemingly endless, horribly complex patterns of energy bullets, so much so that I seem to have forgotten all concept of just how dangerous it is so I can go weave in and out of it for fun while my mind clears up.

I think I can hear enraged yelling, and I think that the bullets are being directed at me now, but why would anyone do that? Am I interrupting a duel? I heard that makes people annoyed if you do that.

Except I can feel anger coming from someone being directed at me. Someone doesn't like me much, but for the life of me I can't think of why.

A thick laser knocks be back to my senses, letting the malestrom of memories die down to the point where I can actualy understand what's going on. And why the hell did I think it's a good idea to linger in a duel between a miko with divine guidance and a dream entity who acts as a god to this world?

I didn't need anyone to tell me what just happened. Reimu went ahead and started dueling Gengetsu, either because the miko jumped the gun or because Gengetsu decided to attack regardless of who it is so long as it isn't her sister, and I just floated up her like a big bullseye. A perfect target for Gengetsu's rage.

[X]Try talking to her, I gathered myself up so what's the big deal?
[X]There's no other option, shoot back!
[X]I have eleven spellcards, and at this point I could probably make use of all of them.
[X]Transformation is my strength.
-[X]Wizeman
-[X]Olga Flow
-[X]Hiigan Fleet
-[X]Choose your own option! (Specify)

[X]Write-in

---
Olga Flow is the final boss of Phantasy Star Online episode two, and has two forms, the first being a flight form and the second a more humaniod form. I recomend you look this one up on youtube because I don't think I could describe it properly.

Wizeman is the final boss of NiGHTS into Dreams and NiGHTS Journey of Dreams. It is the ruler and creator of Nightmare, meaning he's capable of altering dream space to his every whim. Mind you, Gengetsu will retaliate in kind.

These are far from your only options, so I not only encourage thinking of other forms that I haven't considered, but also write ins as well. This is the last boss after all so don't feel restricted about what forms you can take since I'm only providing examples. Just keep in mind that just because it looks cool does not mean it'll win in combat.
>> No. 28636
File 125921070265.jpg - (38.39KB, 640x480, R-100.jpg) [iqdb]
28636
[X]Transformation is my strength.
-[X]Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[x] Equipment for Ship
--[x] Force: Cyclone Force
--[x] Bit: Shadow Bit
--[x] Missle: 6-Way Homing Missle
--[x] Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[x] See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep you alive and repaired

I can't think of a better last form to close out the story than this.
>> No. 28637
>>28607
That picture is amazing.

The breasts could afford to go down a cup size or two, but goddamn.
>> No. 28638
File 125921179558.jpg - (452.07KB, 750x750, yukari01.jpg) [iqdb]
28638
>>28637

It was actually part of a set. It's the 2nd picture in of 3.

Here's the 1st one.
>> No. 28639
File 125921182824.jpg - (457.67KB, 750x750, yukari03.jpg) [iqdb]
28639
>>28637

And the 3rd.
>> No. 28640
[X]Transformation is my strength.
-[X]Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[x] Equipment for Ship
--[x] Force: Cyclone Force
--[x] Bit: Shadow Bit
--[x] Missle: 6-Way Homing Missle
--[x] Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[x] See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep you alive and repaired

Hope you've played R-Type Final.
>> No. 28641
[0]Transformation is my strength.
-[1]Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[2] Equipment for Ship
--[3] Force: Cyclone Force
--[4] Bit: Shadow Bit
--[5] Missle: 6-Way Homing Missle
--[6] Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[7] See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep you alive and repaired.
>> No. 28643
File 12592163211.png - (158.88KB, 246x400, AltEisenRiese.png) [iqdb]
28643
[X]Transformation is my strength
[x]Transform into the Alt Eisen Riese
[x]Use Claymore Overlord

Because I want Wade to turn into a giant robot and unload an entire arsenal of weaponry into Gengetsu

here is a link showing off the Alt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elvvaWr66Zg
>> No. 28644
>>28643

Why not go all the way and have Wade clone himself into Rein Weissreiter to perform Rampage Ghost as well?
>> No. 28645
>>28644
Well I figured since each time he copies himself he gets weaker so just stick with the Alt.
However he needs to make sure to cast Valor/Hot Blood before the attack for extra damage.
>> No. 28646
[x] Transformation is my strength.
-[x] Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[x] Equipment for Ship
--[x] Force: Cyclone Force
--[x] Bit: Shadow Bit
--[x] Missle: 6-Way Homing Missle
--[x] Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[x] See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep you alive and repaired.
>> No. 28647
[X]I have eleven spellcards, and at this point I could probably make use of all of them.
A proper spellcard duel sounds good.
>> No. 28648
[x] Transformation is my strength.
-[x] Choose your own option! (Naked Jehuty)

I just finished ZoE2 so I'm throwing this out there. It's balanced between close a range combat and has several sub-weapons. Zero Shift especially would help out.
Here is a site with information if needed.
http://www.zoneoftheenders.org/game/zoe2/
>> No. 28649
[x] Transformation is my strength.
-[x] Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[x] Equipment for Ship
--[x] Force: Cyclone Force
--[x] Bit: Shadow Bit
--[x] Missle: 6-Way Homing Missle
--[x] Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[x] See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep you alive and repaired.

Hopefully our hitbox won't be that big.
>> No. 28650
[x] Transformation is my strength.
-[x] Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[x] Equipment for Ship
--[x] Force: Cyclone Force
--[x] Bit: Shadow Bit
--[x] Missle: 6-Way Homing Missle
--[x] Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[x] See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep you alive and repaired.
>> No. 28651
[x] Transformation is my strength.
-[x] Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[x] Equipment for Ship
--[x] Force: Cyclone Force
--[x] Bit: Shadow Bit
--[x] Missle: 6-Way Homing Missle
--[x] Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[x] See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep you alive and repaired.

The force should block most small bullets and with adjustable speed, you can easily evade things that can pierce through the force.

This is a rather popular configuration, and while the 6 way homing missile isn't as accurate as the normal version, it should do well for hindering the boss. Out main attacks would be force shoots (shooting the force into her) and firing the Giga wave cannon once it's fully charged. (I've played R-type final)

Another popular variation would be Anchor Force DX/Shadow bit/whatever missile/Giga or Mega Wave cannon.

There's the Leo DX/Psy+ Bit/etc. configuration, which is about normal shooting. Its red shot is strongers if it grazes the enemy. Of course a wave canon with decent loops would be nice as to make the most use of the psy+ bits (they go about ramming into things whenever a wave cannon is fired)

>>28635
Sorry to hear that , well here's hoping you're around to do the post game adventures, since that look to be fun themselves (and we should get a chance to try our best to Reimu and Komachi in our harem.)
>> No. 28652
Okay, since the R-100 is winning I've been looking up R-Type runs on Youtube and know what at least two of the chosen weapons are for certain. I'll state what I think they do here and ask how much I got right.
Though if someone could fill me in on what the Shadow Bit does and the difference between the 6-way and 8-way homing missles are I'd appreciate it.

Cyclone Force: Blue sphere with smaller orbiting yellow orbs that can be fired forward into a much larger spinning orb that damages anything it touches. Can be attatched to either the front or the back of the craft, and can fire out backwards as well.

Giga Wave Cannon: Long charge time but when the meter tops out the attack becomes a screen clearer.

8 (Or six, I'm not sure) way homing missile: Missiles fire out on a forward 45 degree angle until they lock on to something, at which point they'll home in on whatever it is they've targeted.
>> No. 28653
>>28652

The Cyclone Force can also block bullets.
>> No. 28654
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGsAfixyuzc&fmt=18

I'd recommend turning down your sound for this video. Those little black orbs are Shadow Bits.
>> No. 28655
>>28653

All forces can, it's just that the cyclone force can do that a bit better than most.

>>28652
Actually the missles fire from behind the ship, making them less accurate than the normal homing missles, but they're good for dealing with a heavy screen of enemies or in this case harassing the boss.

I usually choose the I think the Improved homing missles (the one the Pow Armor originally uses), accurate yet strong.
>> No. 28656
>>28654

Actually Shadow bits function differently in R-type final (they leave a small trail behind them, making them better for damaging enemies with them)

Though the best bits to go with this style of ship is the Yellow bit, which also ram forward when you force shoot.
>> No. 28657
[X]Transformation is my strength
[x]Transform into the Alt Eisen Riese
[x]Use Claymore Overlord

I suggested using nu-gundam earlier on and I approve of this idea.
>> No. 28658
>>28657

This would have been good against Tenshi (the AB Field might have affected her lasers), but in a normal spell card duel, I think something like a shump ship or the Nu would be a better fit.

Though next time we have a spell melee, we should keep this in mind.
>> No. 28659
To those who helped explain things: Thank you. I doubt I would have gotten it right without having some solid details to work with.

>>28655
And now it's time for everyone's favorite game show!

HARASS

THE

BOSS!


---

[X]Transformation is my strength.
-[X]Choose your own option! (R-Type Final - R-100 Curtain Call)
-[X]Equipment for Ship
--[X]Force: Cyclone Force
--[X]Bit: Shadow Bit
--[X]Missile: 6-Way Homing Missile
--[X]Cannon: Giga Wave Cannon
---[X]See if you can add some nanites or nanomachines to the form to keep yourself alive and repaired.

A wayward soul finds itself
But finds a monster as well
Left with no choice, I open fire
And hope that I survive
- The Curtain Call

"You think that form's going to help you? It's puny!" Gengetsu looks on at my chosen form having stopped her barrage long enough to appraise the form I took. She decided to mock it. "Doesn't matter, you'll still be banished from here."

"Big sis, don't you think you're going a bit overboard now? His influence is receeding even as we speak." Mugetsu hasn't given up to trying to talk her sister out of fighting me in a needless battle.

"I'm tired of his influence! I'm not backing down from this." Gengetsu's not even bothering with spellcards, which means she's going for a lethal approach like last time. Further proven by the near infinite grid of lasers that she summons to try and box me in.

Even with the massive laser being fired after a couple seconds it's still fairly easy to dodge it while preparing my counter. The small bullets that were probably supposed to make evasion more difficult were cancelled by both the Cyclone Force in front of me and the Shadow Bits orbiting my craft, so the small bullets were no big deal. In most any shmup memorizing patterns is a big part of beating the game, and it's no different here since even though Gengetsu isn't bothering with spellcards she's still using set patterns for right now.

"Oh, I get it, you shrunk your hitbox so it's smaller than the form you've taken. Clever, but I'm not operating by your rules!" Gengetsu then lets rip another massive laser in my direction, which I respond in kind by turning her way and firing off a fully charged Giga Wave Cannon. "I suppose you've got plenty of tricks like that." Gengetsu's spell shield is half gone, which kind of suprises me considering how strong it is. Then again, there isn't much that can take a Giga Wave Cannon to the face and live.

I notice that the perfect grid is now moving in a more chaotic fashion as time goes on, as well as the fact that Gengetsu's upped the bullet density without being aware of fact that forces and bits eat bullets for breakfast. It's still no particular issue because for every path that closes another one opens up. This would be too easy if it weren't for the fact that Gengetsu's making the one giant laser track me. Well, my answer comes in the form of a somewhat unweildy missile barrage that homes in on her from an angle I doubt she expected since she makes no effort to stop them. Or maybe she's just so focused on me that she ignores everything else around her? The next order of buisness is to launch Cyclone Force into the spell shield to further break it. This causes the angel-like being's shield to crack more and more as time goes on, finally shattering, which promted me to recall the force while the large amounts of blue bits of paper flowed into the ship.

"Now you're just being annoying." Gengetsu retreats from the current battlefield by moving through the background as if it were a body of water. This means I have to follow into the depths to defeat her, and as such follow without a word. Not that I've been doing any talking that anyone else can hear, but this will all make for a nice log should I wind up like R-13 or the R-type pilot who destroyed the true Bydo core.

Neither thought is terribly appealing since the former was a fate worse than death and the latter was just a quicker death. That carries little relevance to the area I'm in now, so I'll start describing it.

It's more or less a red tile maze littered with turrets on the walls, ceiling, and floor. These are easy to dispatch considering I can not only turn, but also touch the walls without dying. Okay, so I took some mechanics from Freelancer to make up for the R-type's flaws. I've got shields that could take a few dozen hits, armor that would take a master spark without flinching and a nice big supply of nanobots and shield batteries to make sure they stay at full, or at least high strength. Again I ramble off subject.

The enemies are also easy to dispose of since I'm making liberal use of every weapon simultaneously, from the rear-firing 6-Way Missiles locking on to anything behind me, the Cyclone Force being used as a shield to eat bullets and destroy anything in front of me, the Shadow Bits aiming anywhere I was pointed previously, and the occasional use of a fully charged Giga Wave Cannon that caused the Shadow Bits to launch themselves at enemies the massive blast didn't catch. This also had the convenient side effect of obliterating any walls in my path so I have a clearer view of the end.

I punch through the other side without so much as a second thought, only to enter the elevator shaft Reimu, Suika, and I fell through getting here to begin with.

"If you really want me to calm down long enough to let you go, destroy your influence!" I could hear Gengetsu, but not see her.

Obviously I'd have to deal with the creature flying at me first, which appears to be Olga Flow's first form.

[X]Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)
[X]Defeat Flow, but leave it be.
[X]Destroy it outright.
[X]Write-in.

---
Heaven's Punishment would be an additional weapon that calls down beams of light on enemies to do damage on top of everything else R-100 is currently capable of, and doesn't have to swap out a piece of equipment to do it. There's no ability penalty for accepting it, but you'll have to engage Gengetsu again sooner. But I imagine anon's already decided that talking isn't an option anymore.

This will be a multiple part battle agains Gengetsu since you're on her home turf and she's that tough.
>> No. 28660
[x] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)

Why not.
>> No. 28661
[x] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)

That was awesome, well done.
>> No. 28662
[x] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)
>> No. 28663
[X] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)
[X] Tell her that you came her to remove the influence, but since she has no patience, it will only take longer to be removed since she's attacking you.

So we meet her again sooner. Bid whoop, we can take her. This is probably part of our soul as well.

Lets just hope she doesn't pull a Giygas on us later. That would suck.
>> No. 28664
[0] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)
>> No. 28665
[x] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)
>> No. 28666
[x] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)
>> No. 28667
>>28659

you mean like a super Delta Attack?(in R-type Delta and Final, after your force absorbs enough things, enemies and bullets alike, you can use this attack to clear the screen of enemies of most minor foes)

[x] Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)

She has to be tough, since not even foes on R-typer (R-type's Final's hardest difficulty) can easily survive a Giga Wave Cannon hit.
>> No. 28668
[X]Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)

Gooooooood
>> No. 28669
[X]Absorb Olga Flow (Gain Heaven's Punishment)

I do not agree with Gengetsu's demand. She is essentially telling me to destroy myself to appease her own ego, and I have no interest in playing along. Instead, I merely fly at the creature ahead of me until I slam into it at full speed. Olga Flow vanishes as I absorb my influence, at which point I feel like I can do something more, which will probably help considering who I'm dealing with.

"You're certainly persistent aren't you? Annoying pest." Again I hear Gengetsu's voice once I finish absorbing Flow, but no more than the question and opinion before she falls silent.

I simply continue flying down the elevator shaft even as it begins to crumble around me. The lights fail, the walls crack, and I narrowly avoid the chunks of elevator platform that fall down the shaft after me. Eventualy I reach the bottom and slam throught the floor once more into another area with Gengetsu in the middle of it.

"I suppose there's no talking to you is there." Gengetsu's next trick is to make the surrounding black into the interior of a mansion, a rather old one from the looks of it. "So I think my next attack will have you go up against something a little more familiar to you..."

Gengetsu herself doesn't even bother to attack me, dissapearing into another part of her dream world while causing a certain trio of poltergiests to appear. I'm not sure what to expect or what do do now, but I do know I can't let Gengetsu get away with such trickery. They don't even really look at me, but they do raise their instruments and start to play. Which of course meant that various color music note danmaku start to flow outward, and just to make it even more irritating the sisters form a laser triangle between them and start to home into me. Of course, I've long since retracted my bits and force so I could run through as many small bullets as I want so the only thing I have to worry about is the laser triangle, which I can just fly through and around despite the fact that they're moving faster as time goes on.

There is another option though.

"Wait, what?" Gengetsu was greeted by a massive blast blowing her backwards, followed by numerous beams of light raining down on her. "Of course, why should I expect anything different." She then starts weaving more danmaku, still unaware of the fact that I can just block them without a second thought. Even less aware of the fact that I'm about to launch every weapon I have against her shield so I can shatter it as soon as possible.

First is the Cyclone Force tearing away at her shield and eating the bullets, next are the missiles somehow weaving through the danmaku to strike the sheild, after that is Heaven's Punishment raining down with unrelenting fury, and finally a Giga Wave Cannon blast that finished the job.

"AAAAAAAARRRRGH!" Gengetsu put her hands to her head in frustration before retreating once again. I pursue her without any kind of delay, and actually luck out this time by ending up in a rather interesting cityscape with Gengetsu not too far ahead of me. "Vanish already!" Gengetsu turns into an R-Type herself and begins shooting at me. Natually I fire back while moving, but now we're at a stalemate since neither of us can hit the other. We are demolishing buildings in the process as other ships begin to enter the area, ranging from more R-Types to what appears to be Sajuuk from Homeworld 2. And just to further complicate things, they start shooting at everything, including Gengetsu and I.

[X]Weave through the buildings, try to either pick up some hostiles to drag into my fight with Gengetsu or lose some.
[X]So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
[X]Draw Gengetsu into the buisness end of Sajuuk's firing barrel.
[X]Something else? (Think of your own strategy)

---
This is getting more fun to write as I go along, simply because I have to obey common sense even less than usual.
>> No. 28671
[x] So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
-[x] Materialize a second Cyclone Force to protect my rear.
>> No. 28672
[x] So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
-[x] Materialize a second Cyclone Force to protect my rear.

Gotta protect the rear.
>> No. 28673
[0] So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
-[1] Materialize a second Cyclone Force to protect my rear.
>> No. 28674
[x] So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
-[x] Materialize a second Cyclone Force to protect my rear.
>> No. 28675
[x] So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
-[x] Materialize a second Cyclone Force to protect my rear.

Who says we have to obey the game's rules? Double our protection/firepower, etc.

And the R-type vs R-type battle is akin to the vs mode in R-type Final (usually wave cannon shots win the day, forces can't block those)
>> No. 28676
[x] So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
-[x] Materialize a second Cyclone Force to protect my rear.
>> No. 28677
>>28675
Sheesh, only took anon nine threads to figure this out.

---

[X]So long as I don't turn my back on those flak frigates I should be okay. Gengetsu on the other hand...
-[X]Materialize a second Cyclone Force to protect my rear.

First of all, I need to do something about these fighters before one gets lucky and strikes my rear, or my front if my Cyclone Force is behind me, then there's the matter of Gengetsu slowly figuring out my tactics as she's no longer firing non-stop whenever I have my bits and force close to me. First problem can be solved by creating another Cyclone Force at the rear of the craft, the second by taking the fight to the flak frigates tearing into each other. This would normally be suicide, but I'm protected on four fronts so it's just a matter of keeping an eye on the frigates above and below me. That and the battlecruiser that just popped up. I wonder if this is my influence and Gengetsu's fighting each other?

It's a little less interesting not being able to talk, especially since I can't tell you what anyone else is thinking anymore, but I don't think the concept of 'lots of fighters near walls of flak frigates' needs much decription. Basically, lots of bullets, lots of fighters being shot down, and- Me dodging a massive golden beam decimating most of the frigates and fighters on the west side of the engagement. I notice that it didn't take down Gengetsu either.

"You're just getting more desperate with your antics, aren't you?" I heard Gengetsu's voice over what seems to be a ship's comm system would have prompted me to facepalm in the realisation that I could have done the same thing if I wasn't so busy dealing with the fact that a massive gold laser was tearing everything a new one. "That's not me by the way."

"I never said it was." I turn and notice that Gengetsu's figured out the concept of a Force and has created one that shields her craft. Well, I've long since had a fully charged Giga Wave Cannon so it's a simple matter of showing her that an R-Type's defensive measures aren't perfect.

"So those devices don't block the bigger blasts huh? That's good to know." Her craft might be smoking some, but by showing her the Force's weakness I just exposed my own. I still took down a significant portion of her hull integrity though.

The laser fired again, this time wiping out what's left of the frigates and anything unfortunate enough to get caught in the middle of it, like those skyscrapers that now have their windows blasted out and are collapsing onto the streets below. This is bad news for the main competitors since the beam itself is quite massive and I doubt either of us could take more than one hit before we'd have to change tactics.

"Can you hear me?" That voice sounds remarkably different... "This is Mugetsu, I'm watching the battle right now."

"You don't want to interfere with your sister?" Great, now that I've shown Gengetsu the effect of a Giga Wave Cannon blast she's basically spamming that move over and over far faster than I can. This cleared the area of enemies, but combined with Sajuuk firing it's beam down on the city it's becoming increasingly dangerous for me to be anywhere near the two firing lines.

"I can hear you. I take it Reimu and Suika are with you?" Right into another grid of deadly Ion Beams and literally thousands of fighters and bombers engaging each other and trying to knock out the other carriers. Gengetsu's still hot on my tail, but we both flew into a literal hornets nest.

"Yes they are. I really am sorry for how my sister's acting, she should know better by now." Mugetsu's voice comes in loud and clear despite the fact that I have both Cyclone Forces running full force in front and behind to tear into everything that gets in the way. "But this is getting ridiculous, both you and big sis are in an area that's getting increasingly dangerous as time goes on, you need to find a way to leave soon."

"I'd love to hear your suggestions then. I don't like the concept of this place being my grave." The massive gold beam is firing sideways now? Sajuuk has moved from its position down into the city itself to fire its weapon at a more advantageous angle, which suprises me seeing as it's not supposed to be that fast, yet it seems to move at speeds exceeding a scout craft at regular intervals.

"All right, start looking for a door that says exit. It should form as something familiar to you." Mugetsu's words strike a chord somewhere in this cityscape, meaning something changed. But what?

"Easier said than done, but I'll find it." How freakishly true my statement is. Even spammming Heaven's Punishment on Gengetsu isn't working as fast as I'd like, while she's blasting apart anything she aims at. I'm stuck looking at everything around me as more ships come out of the woodworks as fast as they're destroyed but the small grey and yellow door marked EXIT catches my eye long enough to make a hard stop to examine it closely. This results in Gengetsu, as well as a few dozen fighters and corvettes to promptly overshoot me for a few hundred yards before they figure out what happened and swing back around. Naturally I've opened it already and have entered it, returning to the moonlit flower feild just as Gengetsu somehow shoots through and one last gold beam vaporizes everything about half a second behind her.

This doesn't stop her at all however, as she's still spamming that one attack.

I do notice an unnerving crack in the air that's the same sunset color as the cityscape we were just in, and another crack that looks like it belongs to a more industrial kind of lighting.

[X]Sajuuk's on a rampage, it'd be better to deal with it first.
[X]Finish dueling Gengetsu right here. No more fleeing for her.
[X]Do something with that other crack.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28678
[X]Do something with that other crack.
>> No. 28679
[X]Do something with that other crack.
>> No. 28680
[0] Do something with that other crack.
>> No. 28681
[x] Do something with that other crack.
>> No. 28682
[X]Get Gengetsu and Sajuuk to fight each other while attacking them both, Gengetsu more often that Sajuuk. This should keep both of them busy.
[X]Do something with that other crack, but only if it's possible not to be double teamed by those two.
>> No. 28683
>>28675

Yeah should have realized that sooner. Well in the future we'll keep that in mind (when there's a future filled with battle)

[X]Do something with that other crack.

It's getting a bit TOO Crrrazzzy (DMC3) in here.
>> No. 28684
You know, it's a weekend. I should be motivated to write more.

So what does anon think of the way the battle with Gengetsu is being handled so far? Too over the top, or not enough?

Also, hands up folks, how many of you know what Sajuuk is?
---

[X]Do something with that other crack.

You know, the more I hang around where Gengetsu and that massive battleship can aim at me without any kind of obstruction the more likely I am to get blown up somewhere along the way. As such I start investigating the other crack in space while engaging Gengetsu, something easier said than done now that she's fully mimicing my aresenal down to the two Cyclone Forces. That made anything that wasn't a massivle bullet, laser, or wave utterly useless when it came down to what I can use to defeat her so I'm effectively spamming Heaven's Punishment until I get lucky and she stops evading so much.

Of course, I didn't notice the fact that the two cracks were in fact in line with each other, nor that the cityscape crack was glowing. It was dumb luck that I was flying backwards from Gengetsu's assault when Sajuuk once again opened fire, not only turning the cracks into holes, but striking Gengetsu. Her spell shield's down and now she's retreating through the newly formed hole into the industrial lit area meaning I could finally get back on the offensive.

I follow through and notice that it looks a lot like cross between a bunch of different kinds of industrial areas, which was interesting to look at at the very least, but impractial all around. Then again, this is a dream isn't it? Crazy stuff always happens in a dream. Still, most of the enemies consist of the Bydo from the R-Type series, which made me hope that they couldn't do what they could do in their source game because that would just suck if everyone here got turned into an enemy. I've got my hands full blasting away everything the angelic being's throwing at me to slow down my pusuit as well as blowing apart the walls to make my own shortcuts. One of those happened to be the glass wall of a holding tank filled with a metallic brown fluid characteristic of the area of a certain sperm-shooting boss. However, I have no interest in such things and simply continue past by blowing another hole in the other side of the tank, leaving the boss to die as it slowly dries out. Or maybe all that'll do is render it helpless, who knows?

"That's another reason why I dislike your influence. It's disturbing." Gengetsu is hanging out on the ceiling staring down at me. "Honestly, if I wanted that sort of thing I'd make it myself."
I can't say that was something I expected her to say. I though she'd be all 'This will be your grave puny human' given how she's been acting so far. "Wait, you're into that sort of thing?" My voice sounds like it's coming out of a somewhat scratchy comm, but it gets the point across.

"Don't go putting words in my mouth! I still want it gone, all of it, and I won't leave you be until it's all dealt with!" So why is Gengetsu attacking me again? If she wants me to clear out my influence she just needs to sit by and actually let me absorb it rather than attack me every step of the way. "...I guess that does sound pretty backwards, but your influence returns to you in massive chunks once you're in danger so fighting you has actually made it go faster. I still want to kick your ass for making that sort of thing happen to begin with so it's really two birds with one stone."

Before I can answer her, another searing beam of gold tears through everything it's aiming at. Though this time, I can actually tell why that is. As Sajuuk destroys everything around it it absorbs the resulting debris to add it to the overall mass of the ship. I'm also guessing it's not going to stop util it's demolished and absorbed all of the me that's still loose. This isn't necissarily a bad thing since I can just reabsorb it, but that raises the question of just how far my influence spread before I got here to clean it up.

"Anyway, this has gone on long enough so I'll just have to up the ante until you've lost our little duel." Gengetsu then starts letting loose streams of bullets at my ship, perhaps still ignorant of the fact that I'm still blocking them while firing back at her. She has to have something else planned, but what?

That question is answered when I finally realised that the bullets were merely a distraction while she sets up some kind of portal, which she then throws at me. Easy enough to dodge, at least until it pulls me in through sheer force.

I'm right back where I started this duel, in the flower field with the crescent moon overhead. True to Mugetsu's words Reimu and Suika are still there, playing mahjong to pass the time until I'm done beating up Gengetsu.

A rather interesting series of sounds follows, making me wonder what the hell Gengetsu's doing. It's not until she reappears with some kind of compacted orb in her hands that I start to figure out what she just did. She just compacted Sajuuk, and everything around it into a sphere the size of a grapefruit. "Take it. With this, you beings of the material world have no further buisness here."

"Sis? You listened?" Mugetsu seems torn between happiness and suprise.

"If I blow him apart like last time I'll be making the problem worse instead of better. I will expect another duel so I can give you a proper beating for causing all this, but other than that..." Gengetsu tosses the orb to Suika, who catches it even as she's watching everything else and planning her next move.

[X]Duel Gengetsu here, no sense stopping what we started.
[X]It's a promise.
>> No. 28686
[x] Ask Reimu if there'd be a problem if the merging was held off a day or so.
-[x] You want to give Gengetsu your best shot.
-[x] If not, resume it.
-[x] If so, wait for another day so both of you would be at peak condition.

I don't think there'd be a problem with trying this.

That and we should still give Yukari a night of kinky tentacle sex (Perhaps Nari too)
>> No. 28687
[x] Ask Reimu if there'd be a problem if the merging was held off a few days. You'd like to show Marine and the others around and fight Gengetsu again.
>> No. 28688
[x] Ask Reimu if there'd be a problem if the merging was held off a few days. You'd like to show Marine and the others around and fight Gengetsu again.

I'd like to go to moon viewing with Yukari on the 4th day and fight with Gengetsu on the 5th.
>> No. 28689
[0] Ask Reimu if there'd be a problem if the merging was held off a few days. You'd like to show Marine and the others around and fight Gengetsu again.
>> No. 28690
[x] Ask Reimu if there'd be a problem if the merging was held off a few days. You'd like to show Marine and the others around and fight Gengetsu again.
>> No. 28691
[x] Ask Reimu if there'd be a problem if the merging was held off a few days. You'd like to show Marine and the others around and fight Gengetsu again.

Gengetsu seems a bit too overzealous.
>> No. 28692
And by that, I'm going to have to assume you intend to fight Gengetsu again later.

---

[X]Ask Reimu if there'd be a problem if the merging was held off for a few days. You'd like to show Marine and the others around and fight Gengetsu again.

"You'll get your chance later then." It's not exactly the most direct method of telling Gengetsu that I'll fight her later but it'll do. ...No it won't. "We'll fight another day then Gengetsu."

"Now who says I'd give you a chance?~" I am of the firm opinion that Gengetsu is in fact far scarier than she appears. "Now then, since I don't feel like dealing with you three anymore today..." Gengetsu's wings started glowing as she brought them in front of her. Oh hell, did she learn how to use Off Wa-

Day 7: Mayohiga, Gensokyo Side

"My, you're an interesting little paradox, aren't you?~" I found myself being snuggled by the gap youkai herself when I awoke, which while it is one of the best ways to wake up, it left me wondering what the hell Gengetsu did. Though in truth, two thoughts were fighting in my head: What Gengetsu did, and how long can I sit here snuggling Yukari before I have to face the day? "Aren't you going to ask me why I said what I did?~"

"I was getting there Yukarin, it just feels like someone hit me with a bullet train." I'm starting to wonder how many attacks and tactics Gengetsu picked up from me since I'm pretty sure she used Off Wave to force Reimu, Suika and myself out of her world. "Alright, why are you calling me a paradox?"

"Because you're awake in two places at once~" Yukari seemed positively thrilled by the news, while I'm left feeling confused. "Oh, but before we let your spirit know that it's body is awake, there's a little reminder I want to give you~" Yukari pressed her lips to mine in a gentle good morning kiss, one that was far from innocent in meaning but clean in preformance. No, there was no tongue involved.

"Mmmm... Yukari, would me meeting my spirit, soul, whatever you call the detatched part of me result in the two of us merging?" I break away from the gap youkai's lips with some hesitation to ask something that could force me to change my plans for the next couple days.

"I can say without any uncertainty whatsoever that merging will not be that simple." She's pulled me into an even tighter embrace, one that I actually have to prod at her a little to get her to loosen up before she suffocates me. "Oops. That'd be no good whatsoever if I drowned you in me before I wanted to~" I actually looked forward to whatever it was she was planning...

"So how hard is it going to be?" Fighting back the growing warmth in both my cheeks and my crotch I ask the previously unasked question Yukari got sidetracked from answering.

"I'm not sure myself, but that's if I want to let you return to being even remotely normal. Though for some reason I don't really think you want to either~" Yukari's already decided on how she wants to do this. One part helpless human that she can play with to her hearts content, one part human spirit who could rival her in power. Though it hurts my brain trying to figure out how I can exist without my soul in my body...

"You know that whole 'free choice' thing you said you'd respect? You're violating it." It's even harder to keep composure now that she's climbed on top of me. Though with the way her legs are and her overall body language I get the feeling 'violate' wasn't the wisest choice of words.

"First of all, that was to let you choose for yourself. Much to my delight you picked Gensokyo, so I don't even have to do anything to convince you to live here~" The gap youkai is making my position in this relationship known. I'm hers, and that's that. "I'll continue to respect your decisions either way regardless though, I don't want to make you hate me. Though funny you should choose the word 'violate'~" Just as I thought, she brought her lips to mine once more, brushing my lips with her tongue to which I start to respond...

"Lady Yukari, I- Is this the way you're going to wake up every day?" Ran appears in the doorway to either save me from having to wait another day to help get the rest of this sorted out or to just flat out spoil the mood. "Regardless, it's about two PM and lunch is on the table. I assume you're feeling hungry by this point Wade?"

My stomach answers for my be growling, to which even Yukari seems a bit suprised. "I think that's my body's way of saying 'yes, I'd love to go eat'."

"Alright then, I'll just take this-" Ran had moved the distance from the doorway to the bed and picked Yukari up fireman style. "And leave you to get dressed. An all liquid diet is no good you know." I could swear Ran winked at me when she said that. Considering Yukari was getting herself would up, I probably was going to have her for breakfast...
"Raaaaaaaan, so meaaaaaan..." I could hear my lover's adorable little whine as her shikigami carried her off to the dining room to eat a proper lunch.

While it's a little past noon as I dress myself, it's the start of a new life. One that I hope will last a long time.

Day 7: Hakurei Shrine, Gensokyo side.

"Eh, your human body woke up?" Suika seemed pretty interested at this peice of news while Reimu was simply eating a lunch big enough to sate her massive appetite. Mima was paying some attention, and Ruukoto was simply brining out the rest of the food.

"I don't know how it happened either, but I just know that my physical body is awake and moving around on its own. On top of that the spiritual power residing in me went missing." I didn't feel hungry at all quite honsetly, which is strange because up til now I've felt hunger, thirst, pain, fatigue, all those thing that made me question whether I was really a soul or not. Now all of a sudden I don't feel any of the downsides of being human and that scared me a little. "I think we can guess where that power went."

"You say that like you're sure it wound up in your human body." Mima speaks up after listening to the conversation so far. "For all any of us know the Wade here could be the reawakened Great Hakurei Spirit, and the Wade that's presumably with Yukari the normal human."

"Wade, the shrine god? ...Nah." Reimu stops stuffing her face long enough to toss her opinion in.

"It makes sense though. Gengetsu used an attack that knocked you and Suika back to the shrine, while the human Wade woke up around the same time. Yet Wade's soul remains seperated from his body and we already figured out that he has or had the remains of the shrine's god, or spiritual power of the Hakurei line within him." The formerly evil spirit punctuated each point by pointing her chopstick at various points in the air as though to draw lines connecting her logic together. "It could go either way though. Wade the soul could have become permanently nomadic while Wade the human was set up to become a god. Who knows?"

"Oh, Reimu. Just to ask, it's not going to cause any major issues if my soul and body aren't merged for the next couple days is it? I plan on convincing some of my friends to come with me and it'd be easier to protect them if I wasn't bound by common sense." That did remind me of the fact that I did tell Naomi and Ben that I'd give them the grand tour, or perhaps change that to leaving them in the care of some trusted parties once the dust settles from this incident.

"I doubt it's going to be any big issue. Yukari and Gengetsu already made it so anyone being drawn through the way you were were pulled back before there were any complications." The miko finally finished with lunch before she spoke. "It's their funeral though. Outsiders don't tend to last too long without help."

"That's the point. They're getting assistance from those Yukari and I would trust with them." I felt the need to shut down the tidings of doom before they became a self-fufilling prophecy.

[X]When's the last time I got to talk with Mima?
[X]Go find Alice. Not the one from Wonderland.
[X]The black-white needs pestering.
[X]Go visit Byakuren's temple. Nothing wrong with a social call is there?
[X]Find the little Ibis youkai.
[X]Time to go chill with the ice fairy?
[X]Shinigami chop!
[X]I should go duel Youmu like I promised...
[X]I want to visit the Prismrivers again.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28693
[x] Find the little Ibis youkai.

I'm not sure whether I'm reading this right or not.


>"I don't know how it happened either, but I just know that my physical body is awake and moving around on its own. On top of that the spiritual power residing in me went missing."

Is this implying that right now we can't transform or have any powers right now?
>> No. 28694
>>28693
No, that's not it. Wade as a soul still has all his powers, but the Hakurei spiritual power could have gone either way. Yes, you can do everything you could do before.
>> No. 28695
>>28694

Alright, thanks for clarifying.
>> No. 28696
[x] Find the little Ibis youkai.
>> No. 28697
[X]Shinigami chop!

Komachi, nothing wrong with chatting up Komachi (that and she could use something different than the stiffs), Tokiko is nice too though. (So I won't feel too upset if that wins)
>> No. 28698
[0] Find the little Ibis youkai.
>> No. 28699
[x] Find the little Ibis youkai.
>> No. 28700
[y]I should go duel Youmu like I promised...
>> No. 28701
>>28700

I think that might be something that Ben'd like to see, perhaps he might get along with Youmu well.

But we should introduce Marine to Rinnosuke, just to see what'd happen.
>> No. 28702
[x] Find the little Ibis youkai.

Haven't seen Tokiko in a while.
>> No. 28703
[x] When's the last time I got to talk with Mima?
>> No. 28704
You know, even though I thought the fight with Gengetsu was going to be the 'end' I'm starting to think of it as merely the end of the first arc since there's just that much that hasn't been resolved or accomplished. I thought about posting the Yukari oriented ending before continuing, which would have given insight as to how Wade would live with the Yakumos and perhaps show the result of Yukari wanting to be a mother.

So I leave it to a sub-vote:
[X]Create a side-story thread where we can view the endings and other stuff.
[X]Stick with the story as is and post the ending when we've actually gotten there.

---

[X]Find the little Ibis youkai.

Now that the mortals have eaten it's time for me to take my leave, but first...

"Mima, have you seen Nari at all? I feel guilty for just leaving her behind like that and I also don't want to-" Mima silenced my rambling before I could get too far with it.

"She's been napping most of the time you were gone and she ended up playing with a mouse youkai for a while afterwards. You also don't need to ramble on with justifications. She's on Reimu's bed, go." Mima gave a polite point in the direction of the miko's bedroom while giving me a look that also told me it's time to go or else she'd do terrible things to me. Just because I'm a detatched soul does not mean I'm invincible so I'm better off not tempting her.

The trip is rather short since the room in question is inside the shrine instead of halfway across Gensokyo, which is a good thing. Though I wan't quite prepared for what I saw next: Nazrin trapped beneath Nari, who in turn was lying on the mouse youkai and gently nibbling her ear. I guess some instincts never fade.

"Nari?" Calling out to the bakeneko has an immediate effect in the form of her lifting herself off the matress an staring me in the eye.

"I missed you." Stop trying to make me feel more guilty than I already am. "I got lonely while you were gone so I started hunting around. I couldn't find my crow, but I found a mouse instead! See?" Nari lifted Nazrin up off the bed just a little, and I could see that the mouse youkai probably thought she was going to be eaten in the literal sense.

"You need to be careful with your stuff Nari. Besides, she's got a family that would miss her if you do what you usually do to field mice." The least I can do is try to forbid Nari from ending the mouse's life like she used to with field mice.

"I promise I'll be careful." Nari then hugged her new plaything while I shot Nazrin an apologetic look. Having made Nari promise to at least be careful with Nazrin I take my leave to go look for someone I felt the desire to talk to. A certian Ibis youkai by the name of Tokiko.

Of course, even though I know where she stores her books I don't know where she spends the majority of her time. The village is immediately out since Tokiko refused to accompany me in the last time and I couldn't just sniff her out in the forest like Nari could. Which may be a good thing since I don't want to traumatize her any more than she already has been. Which left me with plain old aimless wandering in an attempt to locate her, and considering how far she could wander that could easily eat up the rest of the day with me never finding her.

Well, no sense complaining about it. All I can do is start looking in places a pacifistic ibis would choose to spend her time. I briefly considered looking in a swamplike area, but that's me getting ibises mixed up with flamingos.

"Come to think of it, where do ibises like to spend their time anyway?" I started thinking out loud as I touched down in a clearing in the forest.

"Somewhere quiet preferably." I was kind of suprised to hear Tokiko so close but not being able to see her. "To your right and up a little."

"Oh. Do I even want to ask how you ended up like that?" Tokiko was stuck halfway into what appears to be a man-eating plant and making no move to escape. Though I have to wonder if she's really in trouble since there's a pile of torn out teeth and vines at the base of the tree.

"I got careless, but I remedied my situation before it became life-threatening." She's put a bookmark in the book she's reading and now has it closed so she can speak to me without distraction.

"Do you need help getting out of there?" I do find it rather suspicious that she hasn't moved at all.

"Actually, I've long since healed from the damage, it's just that my skirt and panties were torn apart before I could kill it." She's not bothered with that?

---

Next part comes later, unexpected shit just came up.
>> No. 28705
[X]Stick with the story as is and post the ending when we've actually gotten there.

Yeah I think that'll do.

How many people can we visit in a day?
>> No. 28706
[x] Stick with the story as is and post the ending when we've actually gotten there.
>> No. 28707
[x] Stick with the story as is and post the ending when we've actually gotten there.
>> No. 28709
>[X]Create a side-story thread where we can view the endings and other stuff.
On one hand, we have a separate thread that cheapens the experience, where all the endings, rewrites, extras, bonus features and awesome content are stuffed together into a confusing mess that gets updated faster than the actual story and rakes in a lot of praise and discussion while getting done just about everything we wanted to get done as soon as possible.

>[X]Stick with the story as is and post the ending when we've actually gotten there.
On the other hand, we'd have to wait forever for the good stuff, be sorely disappointed if when we get there it's not thought out well enough, possibly miss a large amount of content because the voters initiate a shitstorm or the writer decides to scrap or change the ideas, or never get anything because the writer thinks he may be without internet in the near future.

Tough choice. I'd have to go with option A.


On a different note, I think you could have done much, MUCH better in the scene where Wade and Yukari confront his mother. If it's not too much trouble, I was hoping you could do a rewrite of that.

Even if you decide to leave the endings for the actual endings, a special thread for all of your shorts, extras, rewrites and discussion on future ideas would be a great thing to have.
>> No. 28710
>On a different note, I think you could have done much, MUCH better in the scene where Wade and Yukari confront his mother. If it's not too much trouble, I was hoping you could do a rewrite of that.

>Even if you decide to leave the endings for the actual endings, a special thread for all of your shorts, extras, rewrites and discussion on future ideas would be a great thing to have.

Seconded. I would enjoy this greatly.
>> No. 28711
I'm with >>28709 , make the other thread for all the other stuff, but leave the endings out of it, let us get them the normal way.
>> No. 28713
>>28709
That and the Shinki H-scene needs to be redone. In all honesty that's part of the reason I wanted to do a second run.
Though a side-story thread is hardly out of the question, if people want that then I'll set up a thread for it later.

---

"So you're waiting for someone to get some clothes for you?" I can't honestly imagine that she's entirely comfortable stuck halfway into a bleeding man eating plant, but if she is, she's not showing it.

"I was waiting for a time when the there's less of a chance of being seen in an indecent manner since the forest isn't exactly someplace one would want to walk around without underwear. The plant is still warm and I can wedge myself in deeper if needed so I have no issue waiting as long as I need." There are a few dozen questions and mental images that make the next few seconds into an awkward silence, though I refuse to act on any of them. "Though I wouldn't say no if you happened to have something I can wear. This is still an unsettling place to be."

At the very least I can give her my towel seeing as I doubt any of Nari's clothes could fit the smaller ibis. I pull out the towel no adventurer should be without and show it to Tokiko. "Will this do?"

"A towel? That will do just fine." Her composure does waver a bit when she opens her mouth to speak again. "If you could hand that here and turn away at the very least I'll get out..."

I hand her the large towel and move to the opposite side of the tree so I don't catch a glimpse of her chastity. Sure I've seen that kind of thing before, but one time was perfectly willing, maybe two, three were the result of drunken antics, and one of the resulting instances Yukari turned it against me with some teasing. As much as I've seen there is no reason to disrespect a girl's privacy. Though the wet sounds of Tokiko sliding out of the maw of the plant left me with some images that I'm going to have to work on shoving away so I don't embarrass myself while anyone not Nari or Yukari are around. A pop and a flumph sound later and Tokiko is floating above the ground in my peripheral vision with the large towel wrapped firmly around her waist. There's no doubt that we're going to get her a change of clothes next.

"Thank you. I should probably get a replacement skirt and undergarments so I don't have to keep your towel..." There is a light flush to her face as she speaks which only makes it harder to not imagine what she must have looked like trying to pull herself out of that plant.

"It's not like I can't get another, it's not a big deal." I find myself reassuring Tokiko about the towel even though it's such a trivial thing. "So where are we headed?"

"You plan on accompanying me?" Tokiko asks one of those little questions as she clutches her book to her chest. I nod in response. "Okay then, we'll go visit Alice then. She has a couple sets of clothes set aside for me since she knows I get caught once in a blue moon."

"Tokiko, sooner or later I'm either going to have to find you someplace more permanent and less dangerous to live or I'm going to take you home." The latter was only a half-joke but I was perfectly serious about finding her a place to live. It's just a flat out bad idea to have no form of shelter in the infamous Forest of Magic.

Tokiko merely said "Really?" so quietly that I almost missed it. I nodded in response again and she started smiling, letting her wings flutter a little.

So the ibis and the enigma make their way to the house of the puppeteer to get the ibis new clothes. Huh, now that I think about it I've always known where the buildings in the forest are. I've never once gotten lost in my entire time here and seem to know where the more dangerous flora and fauna tend to hang out. Maybe I should write a book... 'The Outsider's Guide to Gensokyo' and make sure it has the words 'Don't Panic' in large, friendly letters on the back. I'm sure something like that would sell well if I could market it properly.

"Tokiko! Ah, you got caught again?" I stop monolouging once I hear Alice speaking to Tokiko. "I'm starting to wonder if you secretly enjoy those dangerous moments since you always seem to be able to get out of them without any issues."

"Perhaps it's luck." Tokiko walks into Alice's house once invited while I feel Shanghai tug on me. I allow her to lead me into the living room while Alice leads Tokiko off to get a fresh change of clothes.

"Perhaps it's calculated." Alice makes her suspicions clear, which in turn causes the ibis to deny it while blushing. I simply sit down and wait for the two to get done with what they're doing.

[X]Make some tea. Even if I don't feel thirst I still want to taste it, plus it's something nice to do for the other two.
[X]There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[X]Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
[X]Wait quietly, they shouldn't be gone that long.
[X]What to talk about? (specify)
[X]Write-in

---
Awesomeface.png
>> No. 28717
[x] Make some tea. Even if I don't feel thirst I still want to taste it, plus it's something nice to do for the other two.
[x] There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?

>>28709
I'd rather take the long route, who knows we might make something happen that might affect the ending some.

That and I'd rather not have the ending fully predetermined more than it is.
>> No. 28719
Wait, we're still in spirit form, right? Let's combine these.

[x] Split off a small piece or two of yourself and turn them into dolls resembling you. Have them prepare some tea.
[x] While you're waiting, play some music to pass the time. Play Gitaroo Man's the Legendary Theme.
-[x] Maybe you could split off another small piece of yourself to make a boombox? Let the music fill the room.
[x] There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[x] Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
-[x] In fact, forget the board. Split off a few more chunks to make an ethereal chessboard with moving pieces that engage in a bloody battle whenever sent to capture other pieces. Expand it across the bulk of the ceiling.

An epic battle between we and Shanghai. Who will win?
>> No. 28720
[x] Split off a small piece or two of yourself and turn them into dolls resembling you. Have them prepare some tea.
[x] While you're waiting, play some music to pass the time. Play Gitaroo Man's the Legendary Theme.
-[x] Maybe you could split off another small piece of yourself to make a boombox? Let the music fill the room.
[x] There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[x] Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
-[x] In fact, forget the board. Split off a few more chunks to make an ethereal chessboard with moving pieces that engage in a bloody battle whenever sent to capture other pieces. Expand it across the bulk of the ceiling.
>> No. 28721
[x] Split off a small piece or two of yourself and turn them into dolls resembling you. Have them prepare some tea.
[x] While you're waiting, play some music to pass the time. Play Gitaroo Man's the Legendary Theme.
-[x] Maybe you could split off another small piece of yourself to make a boombox? Let the music fill the room.
[x] There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[x] Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
-[x] In fact, forget the board. Split off a few more chunks to make an ethereal chessboard with moving pieces that engage in a bloody battle whenever sent to capture other pieces. Expand it across the bulk of the ceiling.

Changing vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wiu8nWMb04&fmt=18

Just so S.L.D.T knows what it is.
>> No. 28723
[0] Split off a small piece or two of yourself and turn them into dolls resembling you. Have them prepare some tea.
[1] While you're waiting, play some music to pass the time. Play Gitaroo Man's the Legendary Theme.
-[2] Maybe you could split off another small piece of yourself to make a boombox? Let the music fill the room.
[3] There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[4] Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
-[5] In fact, forget the board. Split off a few more chunks to make an ethereal chessboard with moving pieces that engage in a bloody battle whenever sent to capture other pieces. Expand it across the bulk of the ceiling.
>> No. 28724
[x] Split off a small piece or two of yourself and turn them into dolls resembling you. Have them prepare some tea.
[x] While you're waiting, play some music to pass the time. Play Gitaroo Man's the Legendary Theme.
-[x] Maybe you could split off another small piece of yourself to make a boombox? Let the music fill the room.
[x] There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[x] Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
-[x] In fact, forget the board. Split off a few more chunks to make an ethereal chessboard with moving pieces that engage in a bloody battle whenever sent to capture other pieces. Expand it across the bulk of the ceiling.
>> No. 28725
Awesome write-in is absolutely awesome.

[x] Split off a small piece or two of yourself and turn them into dolls resembling you. Have them prepare some tea.
[x] While you're waiting, play some music to pass the time. Play Gitaroo Man's the Legendary Theme.
-[x] Maybe you could split off another small piece of yourself to make a boombox? Let the music fill the room.
[x] There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[x] Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
-[x] In fact, forget the board. Split off a few more chunks to make an ethereal chessboard with moving pieces that engage in a bloody battle whenever sent to capture other pieces. Expand it across the bulk of the ceiling.
>> No. 28727
Long write-in is loooooong... Not that it's a bad thing.

Also, Legendary Theme isn't bad at all.
---

[X]Split off a small piece or two of you and turn them into dolls resembling you. Have them make tea.
[X]While you're waiting, play some music to pass the time. Play Gitaroo Man's the Legedary Theme.
-[X]Maybe you could split off another small piece to make a boombox? Let music fill the room.
[X]There's a chessboard, maybe Shanghai would make for an interesting opponent?
-[X]Play it on the ceiling, just to see how the others will react.
-[X]In fact, forget the board. Split off a few more chunks to make an etheral chessboard with moving pieces that engage in bloody battle whenever sent to capture other pieces. Expand it across the bulk of the ceiling.

There's a few things I could do while I wait for the Ibis and Puppeteer to join me. I could think of three things to do that would probably eat up all that time and then some if I go ahead with all of it.

Being the showoff I am, I'm going to do it anyway.

First of all I feel like making some tea for myself and the others. It's true that I don't feel thirst anymore but I can still taste for the time being, which on top of being something nice to do is more than enough incentive to just go ahead and do it. So for my first trick I split off two small chunks of soul and turn them into dolls that looked like me so they could go make tea. With Hourai accompanying them into the kitchen I had no doubt that it'd get done right.

That does leave the question of how I'm going to spend the time waiting for the tea to be ready, but that's answered by two things: One, play some music, and two, play a game of ceiling chess. Yeah, the latter sounds ridiculous but doing both at once is even more so. All the more reason to do it then.

But man am I ever going to have to stretch myself to do all that, seeing as I won't settle for plain old chess either. So first I set a chordless boombox on the floor that I created from a piece of soul, a guitar from another, and a large etheral chessboard that covered most of the ceiling and has equally etheral pieces waiting to be commanded.

Shanghai gives me an inqusitive look before holding up a piece of paper that says 'showoff'. She then turns around and writes 'You want to play chess on the ceiling?'

"Yes, I do." I go ahead and take position on the black side of the board while Shanghai takes the white. Well, 'white' and 'black' aren't the most accurate description since I decided plain old chess pieces were too boring for this. Instead I used enemies from the Ruin area in Phantasy Star Online with white being the enemies that appear from Normal to Very Hard and black being the Ultimate varients. It wouldn't be a terribly bloody battle unless you imagined the purple stuff flowing out of the Ruin enemy's bodies to be their blood, at which point it's probably going to be rather bloody.

Pawn: Dimenian, Arlan
Rook: Dark Belra, Indi Belra
Bishop: Dark Gunner, differently colored for each side.
Knight: Delsaber, again differently colored for each side.
Queen: Chaos Bringer, Dark Bringer
King: Chaos Sorcerer, Gran Sorcerer

Now that you know what monsters took the place of what pieces, it should be quite a bit easier to keep track of everything in this odd battle. Though I have yet to get started on what'll really make this either awesome or make the puppeteer facepalm or laugh. Playing Gitaroo Man's Legendary Theme upside-down, on the ceiling while dolls made from pieces of soul make tea as Shanghai makes the first move in what will be an interesting engagement.

A couple minutes later...

Needless to say, I'm rather stunned by how much the both of us had lost in the chess match. Even though I took a guitar disadvantage Shanghai is still slowly losing ground, only made more obvious as her Delsaber simultaneously gets rocket punched and impaled by one of my Indi Belra's fists. After which it moves to take the Delsaber's place. This isn't to say I've played a perfect match, I've lost a fair few of my pawns, and both my knights have fallen while one of my bishops lies on the ground without its photon crystal. I've had to make my King flee more than once while Shanghai slowly corners my Queen piece. I actually wince when Shanghai's Chaos Bringer used a charged rifle attack on one of my remaining Arlans before trampling it underfoot as it takes the place of my pawn.

Of course, Shanghai managed to place her queen piece in line with one of my Belras. Had I used the avalible Belra to attack and kill her Chaos Bringer that would have let her move her Chaos Sorcerer out of where I wanted to trap it. A solution came in the form of my remaining Dark Gunner blasting Shanghai's Chaos Bringer a few times to bring it down before taking its place.

Tea was brought in not too long afterwards, at which point I recalled the doll souls into my body without skipping a beat on the Legendary Theme, which I had been playing the entire time so far. This meant I couldn't drink the tea without stopping the guitar playing unless... I've played Phantasy Star Zero in the past and beat that wretched Eternal Tower, though that has little importance to how I'm going to drink tea, finish playing the song, and beat Shanghai at chess. What does have importance is the fact that a certain enemy on every tenth floor has four arms, so I just mimic that aspect.

"That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen you do." The dollmaker comments on my multitasking before taking a seat. "However, I thank you for preparing tea for all of us. Also, you missed something."

"Huh?" Wait a sec... How? One of Shanghai's Dimenians slipped my notice so now there's a new Chaos Bringer on the board, right next to my Gran Sorcerer! Toss in the fact that its backed up by her remaining Dark Belra and it means I have nothing that can take out the Bringer and take the hit for the Sorcerer.

Shanghai picks up a small sign that says 'checkmate' while the doll herself wears a smug smile that is mirrored by it's puppeteer.

"That's a rather interesting take on chess, I don't think I've seen anything like it." Tokiko finally decides to comment after I finish playing and reabsorb the soul guitar, as well as the whole board now that I've been beaten by a doll.

"All I did was change the pieces and make them move. It was exactly like normal chess." I go back to having two arms as well, carefully holding my teacup upright as I go from being upside-down to downside-up and floating down to an unoccupied chair. "Except I had a guitar playing handicap."

"And I was playing through Shanghai. An even handicap seeing as I was helping Tokiko change." Alice recalled Shanghai to her side as she spoke. "There's no shame in losing to me is there?"

"None that I can think of." It was a rather fun take on the typical game of chess. Seeing your pieces kill the opponent's by blasting, impaling, burning, freezing, smashing, and plain ol' cutting them in half was more entertaining than your typical 'move and swap places' type of captures done in normal chess.

"Though you might want to be careful next time, there might be some retribution for losing." Alice states this in a teasing tone while Tokiko seems somewhat confused as to what she meant.

[X]Stay and talk to the puppeteer.
[X]Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.
[X]Should I just head somewhere else?
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28728
[X]Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.
>> No. 28729
[X]Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.
>> No. 28730
[X]Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.
-[x] Ask if she wants to go to Byakuren's temple with you, they're friendly folk.

Yeah Alice does seem fond of Wade, not sure if we have a shot at adding her or not.

And I think We should introduce Tokiko to Byakuren, since I'm sure for one she'd help Tokiko find a place to stay.
>> No. 28731
>>28730

I dunno, I think it'd be nice to adopt Tokiko into the Yakumo family.
>> No. 28732
[0] Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.
>> No. 28733
>>28731

Also good, but we might need to get Nari Aya as a toy. But a little sister Tokiko is a good idea.

But I would like to get in a visit to Komachi (without company) for the day.

I just realized another reason to visit Byakuren's temple: To inform them that Nazarin's busy at the moment.
>> No. 28734
>>28733

More like Bis Sis Tokiko if Wade and Yukari ever have a kid.
>> No. 28735
>>28734
Which is even more of a reason to adopt her into the Yakumo family.
>> No. 28736
[x] Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.
>> No. 28737
>>28734
Yeah and as far as folks we might be able to bring into the fold in various ways.

Aya (Nari's playmate, and I'm sure Yukari'll have fun 'playing' with her as well); though she'd be more dropping by.

Komachi: (Wade wants her, hell Yukari wants her)

Alice and Reimu would be far more long shots. (Alice more so since we don't know Yukari's interest level, though Yukari definitely digs Reimu)

Suika? Possible, but too competitive with Reimu.

Nari's in it already, she's the tied number one girl in Wade's life.

Yuyuko? Not so easy but possible. (Ran is in contrast most likely for Yukari's use only)

Is it so wrong to have ambition? (Certainly we won't overstep Yukari's boundries)

>>28735
Agreed, wouldn't that make Tokiko and adopted daughter? And what would Chen be? An aunt?
>> No. 28740
>upside-down to downside-up
I believe these are the same thing.
>> No. 28741
[x] Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.
>> No. 28743
>>28740
Your point being?

You know, I only just remembered I was supposed to set up a side-story thread last night... I'll get to it tonight then. Hopefully.

---

[X]Finish the tea and drift along with Tokiko.

"Tokiko was telling me that this is just a quick visit to get a fresh change of clothes before the two of you set off again." Alice had sent her dolls to go retrieve some snacks while we finish off the pot of tea. "You might want to be careful how many hesrts you steal Wade, bad things happen to those who steal without being serious. Or you might just meet a girl who wants you all for herself."

"Trust me, I'm trying." I didn't expect the puppeteer to start giving advice about women but it's not a bad thing that she cares enough to give fair warning. "Any particular reason why that came up?"

"You make friends rather easily don't you? It's only natural to assume that you'd take the next step, intentionally or not, twoards a more intamite relationship since so many of your friends are women." There she goes with that insight again. She never fails to suprise me with just how on target she can be if you give her enough time to think things through.

"I guess... Oh, what happened to the towel I gave Tokiko?" I know I told Tokiko that it's no big deal but I could run into another situation where I need a towel and I'd feel really stupid if I didn't have one.

"That? I had it washed, that's why we took so long." Alice regarded me with a sly smile after that. "Were you hoping to smell Tokiko's intamite fluids?"

Tokiko then looked up from her tea to look me in the eye. I'm a little afraid of answering this one wrong since it feels like a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' type of scenario. "Alice, that's such a loaded question it's not even funny."

"I understand, it's not my place to pry." I get the feeling the puppeteer did that all on purpose. My suspicions were further encouraged by the fact that her eyes were orange just then. "I assume the two of you will be leaving shortly?"

"Yes, I'd hate to impose any further than I already have." Tokiko stands up and sets her emptied teacup on the tray. I follow suit since I'm done as well. "Thank you for the change of clothes and the hospitality."

"Think nothing of it. Even if it doesn't always look like it I still enjoy company." Alice has a couple of dolls carry the tray off to the kitchen while she and Shanghai saw us to the door. "I hope to see you again. Oh Wade, here's the clean towel."

"Good-bye Alice."

"Thanks Alice."

The two of us took our leave as the puppeteer walked back into her house. This now brought up the question of what we were going to do next, but aimless wandering has served me well in the past so why would it fail now?

"Alice certainly dropped you into dangerous territory didn't she?" Tokiko decided to open up conversation this time. "Though I have to ask, why did you answer the way you did?"

"With something other than a yes or no?" I have to wonder why Tokiko's pressing such a subject, and am becoming nervous by the fact that she's nodding at me. "I felt like I'd get in trouble either way."

"How so?" She can't be that clueless can she?!

"Well, if I said yes I'd be playing right into Alice's hand while making myself look like a pervert. It's the same deal with saying no, except that would make her think that I'm just trying to deny it." I'm now sincerely hoping that she doesn't ask for the reason behind my reason.

"I see. So it's a moral thing?" Part of me wants to breathe a sigh of relief at the fact that Tokiko's not pressing the matter into the territory of humanoid anatomy while another part is wondering if she already knows.

"As far as I know. Getting off that subject, how'd you kill that plant? You never struck me as being a duelist." I hope I don't sound too desperate here, I don't want to make the Ibis suspect something where there isn't anything to justify it.

"I've practiced magic that I read from a few books. It turned out to be fairly simple to learn and I enjoyed it, so why not learn as many spells as possible? Knowledge is power after all." Duh, of course. Tokiko has a small library's worth of books so of course she'd have picked up a book on magic or two.

"So what kind of spells do you know?" Now my curiosity has been peaked. I always assumed Tokiko was helpless and yet now she's flat-out proved me wrong.

"A few. Would you like to duel me to find out?" Tokiko opened up the book she had in her hand, and held it with the same hand.

[X]Curiosity didn't kill any cat I know, duel her.
-[X]Duels between humans and youkai usually have a bet attached don't they? (State yours)
[X]I don't really want to risk hurting her, politely decline.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28745
[x] Tell her that you'd try talking to Yukari to see if she's willing to let Tokiko live there.
[X]Curiosity didn't kill any cat I know, duel her.
-[x] Hold back at first and adjust.

No need to nuke our little sister. That and Alice assumes we'd be desperate to go sniffy a dirty towel that's been around our little sister.
>> No. 28748
[X]Curiosity didn't kill any cat I know, duel her.
-[x] Hold back at first and adjust.
[x] Tell her that you'd try talking to Yukari to see if she's willing to let Tokiko live there.

changed the order, since I think it'd be better if we waited till after the duel, since saying before seems kind of awkward to me.
>> No. 28749
[X]Curiosity didn't kill any cat I know, duel her.
-[x] Hold back at first and adjust.
[x] Tell her that you'd try talking to Yukari to see if she's willing to let Tokiko live there.
>> No. 28750
[X]Curiosity didn't kill any cat I know, duel her.
-[x] Hold back at first and adjust.
[x] Tell her that you'd try talking to Yukari to see if she's willing to let Tokiko live there.
>> No. 28751
[0] Curiosity didn't kill any cat I know, duel her.
-[1] Hold back at first and adjust.
[2] Tell her that you'd try talking to Yukari to see if she's willing to let Tokiko live there.
>> No. 28756
>>28745
It doesn't help that the more I think about the conversations between Wade and Alice as of late the more she ends up teasing him and intentionally putting him into akward situations. Heck, I have something planned out as a part of the next trip to Hakugyokuro when you finally go to duel Youmu.

Writing will be a bit later to give others a chance to vote, though I don't see the current vote changing that drastically.
>> No. 28757
>>28756

We might have to show her what happens when Wade's actually being a pervert.

But how many people can we visit in a day?
>> No. 28758
>>28757
It's dependant on how much time you spend on any one person, or group of people. Obviously interactions would suffer if you tried to cram in as many people as possible into the day and you could simply spend the day with just one person. From here on out it's whatever you think you can fit into twelve hours, depending on the season of course.
>> No. 28763
>>28758
Would there be a problem if one wanted Wade to duel Youmu during the visit by his friends, since I'd think that'd be something for Ben to see.

Well I wonder that the next major trip will be (since Tokiko seems to be the girl of the day).
>> No. 28764
I want to put something here.

Also, you forgot to define 'there'. 'There' on its own could mean anywhere and poor little Tokiko would be confused. Good thing I think I know what you meant, right?
---

[X]Curiosty didn't kill any cat I know, duel her.
-[X]Hold back at first and adjust.
[X]Tell her you'd try talking to Yukari to see if she's willing to let Tokiko live there.

"Curiosity never killed any cat I've known, let's go." I declare a border of duel while Tokiko nods in agreement.

In truth I'm going to hold back on her because I'm not sure what she can do, and I also don't like the idea of hurting her. Sure it's a non-lethal play battle but it still hurts when you're hit and the big softie part of me can't stand to inflict pain on Tokiko.

"I don't have any spellcards, so we'll have to treat this as a cross between spell melee and normal danmaku." Even as she says that I could tell she's winding up a spell. Though since she doesn't have any spellcards, how will she attack or hit me?

I'm answered almost immediately by a gush of water being brought down on my head, damaging my spell shield some. I didn't notice it at first but she's definitely chanting an incantation to use her next spell. Though why she's also pointing at me is... Graze graze grazegrazegraze! Sheesh, water orbs that spawn almost on top of the opponent? It's hardly undodgable seeing as it seemed to have a bit of windup before it attacked so all I have to do next time is watch for the signs and avoid it.

Though paying attention would probably get me hit less seeing as I'm getting juggled by a line of water spouts away from the fight.

"I'm starting to wonder how you've been winning duels lately if you don't pay attention." Tokiko's not even pausing to launch a few water orbs at me, which in turn explode into steam as they get closer. Not enough to damage me but more than enough to cloud the area for a bit.

"There's nothing wrong with seeing what you can do is there?" And now I have even less room to work with seeing as I don't have the divine power to tell where every bullet in the border of duel is while simultaneously figuring out a way to dodge it all. I note that a jet of water is being brought down on my position, so I move before it hits. Now it's time to move out of this mist field before Tokiko decides I need to be taught a lesson about paying attention in a duel.

"I would believe that more if you were actually looking at your surroundings." Book still open and hand outstretched, I briefly wonder what it is she's doing until I take a good look at the pebble size sphere in front of me. Time to run away from it I think.

I think that's enough watching, now it's time to shoot back before I lose by inactivity. I don't want to go overboard though, so I stick with crafting a Zero Rifle on the spot so I can fire back without hitting too hard. Though despite the name, the Zero Rifle is really just an oversized handgun that's quad-wielded by a certain mid-boss in PS0. Still, it'll do the job just fine while I avoid the next watery explosion. I then take aim and fire a lone shot that takes a fair sized chunk out of Tokiko's spell shield.

"You learned water element spells?" Most of Tokiko's spells seem a bit too easy to avoid, but I guess that's because she's putting no noticable effort into casting them.

"I found that they were the easiest to learn. I think it has something to do with what kind of youkai I am." Tokiko makes an interesting point, since she's an ibis, that means she could be more inclinded to learn water and wind magic couldn't she?

---
Continuing later, much to my chargin.
>> No. 28770
>>28764

Yes, and it seems our little sister has potential. If it wasn't for the fact Wade's on bad terms with the SDM, Patchy would be the perfect teacher for her.
>> No. 28775
>>28770
Not on that bad of terms, but something that anon might want to consider resolving at some point. Also, Tokiko has stated that she's been to the Magic Library Voile before if I remember correctly so you might consider the possibility that she might be considering being tutored in magic by the youkai witch herself.

Also, this is the URL to look at the Zero Rifle for yourself should you wish to:
http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=171

No clickable link because I don't know how on this board.
---

"That makes sense. From what I've seen I think you could go as far as you want." This felt more like an action-rpg in terms of how the spells and my chosen weapon work. Instead of being either instantaneous and directly on the target or in huge patterns that we have to avoid we're firing spells and shots that each of us can dodge if we pay attention to the cues. "Do you have anything that's more difficult to dodge?"

"Nothing I can use in rapid succession, that and I'd tire myself too quickly." Still, she is changing up the spells she's using, either by spending more time casting more powerful versions of previous spells or by casting more difficult spells outright. The rain of ice shards is a good example since I got caught in that for a brief period of time, costing me some more spell shield durability.

"I can understand why. I don't think I suffer exhaustion quite the same way others might." Of course, I'm not going to take this lying down anymore. Making sure to regulate my Zero Rifle to only damage spell shields I quickly draw it before firing off five quick shots that take another chunk off her shield.

"I should have expected that." Tokiko doesn't look too thrilled about the fact that a handgun is tearing chunks out of her shield's durability.

"Don't worry, it'll only break the shield." A few homing bolts come dangerously close to hitting me but I get the feeling that they're only about fairy level in strength...

"That's not it, I mean I should have expected you to win against me. I'm not strong enough to take you head on and win." Regardless, the little ibis is giving her all. Why do I feel like taking her under my wing all of a sudden? I'm not sure I'd be such a good teacher.

"Oh come on, you're not giving yourself enough credit here. Some of your spells are difficult to dodge, they just need a bit more power behind them to make the recipient really feel it." There's little more to see right now, so I think this duel ought to end pretty soon. I kind of feel like a jerk for doing it my way, but I let rip a stream of gold bullets that shatter Tokiko's shield in a matter of seconds. "Like that. I think you could easily get that far."

The ibis looks somewhat stunned by my attack despite the fact that any bolts that hit her simply dissipated harmlessly against her. "Li-like that?"

"I'd be willing to bet on you getting that strong." There was one thing I think I need to add here. "I'm also willing to see if I can't have you live at Mayohiga if you'd like."

"The Yakumo's home? That's... I'll need to think about it..." If I caught her off guard before, that was nothing compared to now.

[X]Any particular place in mind? (specify)
[X]Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing. (What to talk about)
[X]Write-in

-----

Why does final boss music make this easier to write?
>> No. 28776
>Why does final boss music make this easier to write?

It gets you pumped up I guess. I've been listening to this for awhile.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/69281665f3d7e8e3/

[x] Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing.
-[x] Tell her about my decision to stay in Gensokyo.
-[x] Tell her about how some friends of yours are going to be visiting. You'd like her to meet them.
-[x] Ask her how things have been for her lately, minus the whole stuck inside a plant thing.
>> No. 28777
[x] Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing.
-[x] Tell her about my decision to stay in Gensokyo.
-[x] Tell her about how some friends of yours are going to be visiting. You'd like her to meet them.
-[x] Ask her how things have been for her lately, minus the whole stuck inside a plant thing.
>> No. 28779
Aww, we should have let her win.

[x] Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing.
-[x] Tell her about my decision to stay in Gensokyo.
-[x] Tell her about how some friends of yours are going to be visiting. You'd like her to meet them.
-[x] Ask her how things have been for her lately, minus the whole stuck inside a plant thing.
>> No. 28783
[0] Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing.
-[1] Tell her about my decision to stay in Gensokyo.
-[2] Tell her about how some friends of yours are going to be visiting. You'd like her to meet them.
-[3] Ask her how things have been for her lately, minus the whole stuck inside a plant thing.
>> No. 28785
[x] Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing.
-[x] Tell her about my decision to stay in Gensokyo.
-[x] Tell her about how some friends of yours are going to be visiting. You'd like her to meet them.
-[x] Ask her how things have been for her lately, minus the whole stuck inside a plant thing.
>> No. 28789
[x] Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing.
-[x] Tell her about my decision to stay in Gensokyo.
-[x] Tell her about how some friends of yours are going to be visiting. You'd like her to meet them.
-[x] Ask her how things have been for her lately, minus the whole stuck inside a plant thing.

There should be a measure of time in a day just to know how to manage our day. But I see no problem with this.
>> No. 28798
[X]Talk to Tokiko, conversation is a good thing.
-[X]Tell her about your decision to stay in Gensokyo.
-[X]Tell her about how some friends of yours are going to be visiting. You'd like her to meet them.
-[X]Ask how things have been going for her lately, minus the whole getting stuck in a plant thing.

"Tokiko, I recently decided I'm going to stay in Gensokyo permanently." I start out by telling her something that only after several seconds I realise probably wouldn't mean much to her without an explenation as to why I considered it so important.

"You were thinking about leaving?" The ibis regards me with a somewhat suprised look, but it's only natural when I don't recall ever explaining to her that I'm not exactly from here.

"Not exactly. I wasn't born in Gensokyo but rather the world outside it. I didn't exactly lead the most prosperous life out there so I decided to live out my life here instead." A rather shot explenation but I hoped that Tokiko would settle for it.

"You must've been quite well known outside the border if you have all your powers there as well. I suppose someone like yourself would be feared, envied, and hunted." Tokiko has one thing right, I did feel like I was being hunted at times, but by one kid rather than ninety percent of the whole planet. I mean, what sane scientist, millitary leader, or government would leave someone like me alone if I displayed my abilities in a world where people don't believe in magic anymore?

"It's a long story, but I was just an ordinary human out there. I only became extrodinary once I got here. Well, extrodinary from my point of view..." No sense making myself look egotistical when I'm not.

"Turning into other things and having their abilities to boot is certainly extrodinary in my books. I don't think there are too many youkai that can do that." Tokiko seems to be looking around now, perhaps someplace to sit quietly for a while?

"It's better not to let it go to one's head." I get the vauge feeling that something's off, but shelve that thought for later seeing as there's nothing out of the ordinary right here. "I also managed to convince some of my friends to at least visit for a while so they can decide whether or not they want to live here too. Since I'm essentially leaving behind everything I ever knew I decided to be a little selfish about it. I was hoping you would meet them when they do come."

"Your friends?" Tokiko looked uncertain again. Was it because they'd be human? "I could meet them." It sounds like she has her doubts, but I don't think any friend of mine will scorn such a cute girl. Heck, I want to take her home!

"Don't worry, they're good people. I think they'll be a bit shocked at first but we'd be taking their beliefs and turning them on their heads if not shattering their orthodoxy entirely, so I wouldn't expect them to be entirely coherent at first." Tokiko points out a nice carved stone bench just off the main path to the shrine and we start descending as I talk.

"That's true, outsiders tend to be rather suprised at the fact that magic exists, as well as what it really is. Most of them think of it as something childish or think it's what someone uses to preform stage tricks. The ones that survive anyway." Tokiko comes to rest on the bench first, with me landing gently just after her. "I'm sure you've heard of some of the gruesome things that happen to outsiders?"

"Yes, and that's why I'm taking precautions with my friends. When you've got the youkai of boundaries helping you out I figure the odds of some random death to be pretty low. It's not like they're going to wind up in the middle of the forest of magic." I picked up on Tokiko's meaning, which is entirely legitamite since most outsiders do get eaten or raped for Shinki knows how long. All the more reason to be extra careful with this now.

"That's good. I would like to meet them." It seems a little time to think was all the ibis needed to become more confident about meeting new humans. I get the impression that the fact that I'll be right there with her has something to do with it.

"That's good to hear." There's that odd feeling again, where's it coming from? I think I've paused conversation long enough now. "So how have you been doing? Aside from the whole 'being stuck in a plant' thing."

"Fairly well. I learned a few new spells and got to use them on a few of the more vile plants that I could safely deal with, and I got a few new books. Mostly the odd book the black-white managed to drop over the forest when Miss Knowledge manages to damage the black-white's sack, but they're all useful and I do return a few of them." She certainly seems happy about the fact that she got the chance to learn how to defend herself better, and I find myself smiling right along with her. At least until something catches my attention.

Is that my physical body with Yukari?

[X]They haven't seen us yet, vanish!
[X]Awkward...
[X]You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[X]"One of me is going to have to change outfits."
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28799
[x] Transform into yourself with a changed outfit.
>> No. 28800
[x] You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[x] "One of me is going to have to change outfits."

Fuck the paradox, this is first time we'll ever look at ourselves without it being in a mirror.
>> No. 28803
[X]You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[X]"One of me is going to have to change outfits."

Just what is she doing with Wade's real body?
>> No. 28804
[x] You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[x] "One of me is going to have to change outfits."
>> No. 28805
[0]You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[1]"One of me is going to have to change outfits."
>> No. 28806
[x] Oh shit oh shit oh shit! Can't let my other half see my face! Uh, uh...
[x] Get in front of Tokiko and engage in a deep kiss. Don't break it until they've passed.
>> No. 28807
[x] You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[x] "One of me is going to have to change outfits."
>> No. 28812
>>28806
No one else wants to see the outcome of such whacky hijinks? I mean, sure, we're not in a crowded area, and people don't usually go out in the middle of a dangerous forest to make out, but really...
>> No. 28814
[x] You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[x] "One of me is going to have to change outfits."
>> No. 28819
>>28812

One doesn't nigh-make out with the little sister figure. Now if Komachi was the 2nd girl in question, that'd be a different story.
>> No. 28822
>>28819
Sure one does.

"Quick! Act like we're lovers, maybe they won't recognize us."
>> No. 28824
>>28822
But this is Yukari we're talking about here, she's seen both forms of Wade. There's no way she won't recognize him.
>> No. 28828
>>28824
The point is that we don't recognize ourselves. We don't really know what would happen if both halves meet. Disregarding any shameless Back To The Future references using souls and magic instead of science as possible factors, there's also the possibility of slightly morphing our features. Perhaps transform into Rinnosuke? That would be crazy.

I'm sure Yukari wouldn't mind us kissing Tokiko, especially since we're not able to think sanely and fast enough, suddenly being confronted by our own physical half.

Besides, the look on Tokiko's face after we do this would be priceless. Even more so if it was a really steamy kiss.
>> No. 28829
[X] Oh shit oh shit oh shit! Can't let my other half see my face! Uh, uh...
[X] Get in front of Tokiko and engage in a deep kiss. Don't break it until they've passed.

Clearly the best option.
>> No. 28830
[x] You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[x] "One of me is going to have to change outfits."
>> No. 28831
Since the opportunity has arisen, I shall put something to a sub-vote since some anon seem to have some interest in seeing what Wade looks like, soooooo:
[X]Describe it.
[X]Leave it to our imagination.

---

[x] You know, how is this any different from the other crazy stuff that happens here? Stay right where you are.
-[x] "One of me is going to have to change outfits."

At this point seeing something like my physical body running around on its own shouldn't really surprise me in the least. I've seen crazier stuff during my time here, like when Suwako brought out that giant fighting action figure or the time Cirno accidentally made mobile ice statues. So here I stay, on this stone bench awaiting my other self to notice my presence.

"Eh, Yukari, that's me?" I sound the same, mannerisms are the same. It's me but at the same time not me. I think I'm better off not thinking too hard about that since I don't feel like giving myself the headache of the century.

"More or less~" Yukari looks enthusiastic about this, though I guess when you've seen so much it's always nice to find something new.

"One of me is going to have to change clothes." We're essentially wearing the same thing, so no harm in taking a jab at it.

"Better than having to say one of me has to change dates. Hello Tokiko." The other me waves to a very confused Tokiko, who waves back before looking to me for some kind of explanation.

"So what am I doing here with Yukari?" I feel bad for running with that joke, and I'm sure the other me does too, but that's not about to stop me from doing it.

"Indulging my curiosity~ I wanted to see what would happen if I cause a paradox, I think you can guess what paradox I'm talking about~" Yukari decides to hide her smile behind her fan, but it's no use since I can tell its there anyways. Heck, anyone could tell she's amused right now. "So far it's not quite what I expected, but the look on Tokiko's face makes up for it. Such a cute little ibis~"

"I don't think bringing us together would result in a time paradox or division by zero. I thought the idea was to let me see what my soul was like." Physical me makes his part of the case known as well as attempting to inject some logic into this ridiculous situation.

"This is making my brain hurt..." Tokiko has her eyes clamped shut and her hands on her head as though she has a bad headache, and I can hardly blame her for it. This isn't exactly easy on my thought process either.

"I don't think I could explain this either seeing as I have no clue as to what caused it to begin with." I start voicing my part-

"I thought it was entirely Gengetsu's fault for shattering my soul to begin with, but now? I've got nothing." -and the other me finishes the thought. "Though I get the impression Yukari has more interest in keeping both of me around that letting me merge back with myself."

"Now why would you go and think that? You know I love you just as you are, so isn't it only natural that I try to keep you the way you are?" Of course, neither of me buys that at face value, especially coming from someone like Yukari.

"Do you really expect anyone to believe that's the only reason?"

"After all, I'm not even sure if both me are really all me."

"Yet you want to keep both me around?"

"Yes actually, because the Hakurei spiritual power didn't just dissapear, it went into one of you. I apologize for turning this into another one of my schemes, but please bear with me for now." At least she's being honest with it instead of trying to turn it into a xanatos gambit. "Though I could think of plenty of instances where two you would be useful~"

[X]That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
[X]Ask Yukari something since she's right here.
[X]Why not accompany them?
[X]Write-in

---
Also, don't think the 'make out with Tokiko' vote didn't go unnoticed. I see what you did there.
>> No. 28835
[x] Ask Yukari something since she's right here.
-[x] "You're thinking something naughty aren't you?" while musing on how easily you can figure things out.
-[x] If she'd be willing to allow Tokiko to stay at Mayohiga. You're worried about her well-being, since despite the fact that she does her best not to get into trouble, it find her anyway. More importantly you worry about her because she's your friend.
-[x] You'll let Tokiko make her decision though.
[x] That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
-[x] "Don't do anything funny to my body while I'm gone!"

[x] Describe it.

Seems One Wade isn't enough for her.
>> No. 28837
[x] Ask Yukari something since she's right here.
-[x] "You're thinking something naughty aren't you?" while musing on how easily you can figure things out.
-[x] If she'd be willing to allow Tokiko to stay at Mayohiga. You're worried about her well-being, since despite the fact that she does her best not to get into trouble, it find her anyway. More importantly you worry about her because she's your friend.
-[x] You'll let Tokiko make her decision though.
[x] That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
-[x] "Don't do anything funny to my body while I'm gone!"

[x] Describe it.
>> No. 28838
[x] Ask Yukari something since she's right here.
-[x] "You're thinking something naughty aren't you?" while musing on how easily you can figure things out.
-[x] If she'd be willing to allow Tokiko to stay at Mayohiga. You're worried about her well-being, since despite the fact that she does her best not to get into trouble, it find her anyway. More importantly you worry about her because she's your friend.
-[x] You'll let Tokiko make her decision though.
[x] That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
-[x] "Don't do anything funny to my body while I'm gone!"

[x] Describe it.

Maybe someday soon we can gap Wade's dad over to meet his "girlfriend's" family and friends.
>> No. 28839
[x] Ask Yukari something since she's right here.
-[x] "You're thinking something naughty aren't you?" while musing on how easily you can figure things out.
-[x] If she'd be willing to allow Tokiko to stay at Mayohiga. You're worried about her well-being, since despite the fact that she does her best not to get into trouble, it finds her anyway. More importantly you worry about her because she's your friend.
-[x] You'll let Tokiko make her decision though.
[x] That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
-[x] "Don't do anything funny to my body while I'm gone!"

[x] Describe it.

Of course Yukari would think of the sexual merits of having two Wades at the same time.
>> No. 28840
[0] Ask Yukari something since she's right here.
-[1] "You're thinking something naughty aren't you?" while musing on how easily you can figure things out.
-[2] If she'd be willing to allow Tokiko to stay at Mayohiga. You're worried about her well-being, since despite the fact that she does her best not to get into trouble, it finds her anyway. More importantly you worry about her because she's your friend.
-[3] You'll let Tokiko make her decision though.
[4] That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
-[5] "Don't do anything funny to my body while I'm gone!"

[6] Describe it.
>> No. 28841
[x] Ask Yukari something since she's right here.
-[x] "You're thinking something naughty aren't you?" while musing on how easily you can figure things out.
-[x] If she'd be willing to allow Tokiko to stay at Mayohiga. You're worried about her well-being, since despite the fact that she does her best not to get into trouble, it finds her anyway. More importantly you worry about her because she's your friend.
-[x] You'll let Tokiko make her decision though.
[x] That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
-[x] "Don't do anything funny to my body while I'm gone!"

[x] Describe it.
>> No. 28845
>>28838

You forgot "really good friends that play bedtop sports for indoor types"
>> No. 28847
You know, I was able to forget that my voting base consists of a bunch of perverts for a while, then you guys turn around and remind me.

Also, as a little bit of information that's irrelevant to the story as it is: I had planned to make it so the characters that don't have any place of their own could be taken to stay at the Hakurei shrine. As it stands that may not be necissary since you decided to pursue the lady of the boundaries but I felt that I wanted to toss that out there.
---

[X]Ask Yukari something since she's right there.
-[X]"You're thinking something naughty aren't you?" While musing about how easily you can figure things out.
-[X]If she's willing to allow Tokiko to stay at Mayohiga. You're worried about her well being, since despite the fact that she does her best to avoid trouble, it finds her anyways. More importantly, you worry about her because she's your friend.
-[X]You'll let Tokiko make her decision though.
[X]That's enough brain damage for now, time to go.
-[X]"Don't do anything weird to my body while I'm gone!"

"You're thinking something naughty again, aren't you?" The physical me decides to continue the conversation on his own with something I was going to say. Not suprising seeing as he's just as me as I am.

"Now why would you think that?~" The singsong tone and her body language gives it away, she's probably imagining what it'd be like to have both my body and soul play with her.

"Because you rank pretty high on the list of perverts around Gensokyo." I roll my eyes at her cheerful expression before remembering that I had told Tokiko I'd ask about having Yukari let her stay at Mayohiga. "Before I forget, Yukari, if Tokiko wants to would it be okay if she stays at Mayohiga? She doesn't really have anyplace of her own to live and-"

"You want to ask if she can stay someplace safe. I didn't know she was homeless though... That..." Yukari looks like what would happen if you could sober up after being drunk on happiness. But given who we're dealing with that doesn't last too long, as she's back to full force in a matter of seconds. "I'd love to take the little ibis home!~"

I had to step between Yukari and Tokiko to avoid having the ibis' face planted squarely between the gap youkai's breasts as she is so fond of doing, mostly because I don't feel like having her suffocate. I take the blow instead, ending up with Yukari's head buried in my chest and my body in an embrace that would most likely be painful had it been my physical body that took the blow.

"Oh? I want to take you home to, so this works out wonderfully~" Yukari has this intereseting little habit of saying what she means, and then occasionally acting on them without delay.

"Easy Yukarin, you've got one me, leave the other me be for now." My physical self starts trying to pull the determined gap youkai off me. "But this isn't a matter of having a new pet, I'm really worried about Tokiko. She does her best to stay out of trouble but it always seems to find her. You'd take in your friends if they needed help right?"

"Of course, that's what friends do." Yukari doesn't let go of me, but she's slowly loosening her death grip on me. "You do realise we're a bit overdressed for this position don't you?~"

"Nice try." The both of me speak in unision this time, more or less unamused at Yukari's attempt to turn this into another perverted situation.

"That's no fun... Well, regardless. Tokiko, I'm officially extending an invitaiton for you to come live at Mayohiga, since I really see no reason to deny someone so cute." Yukari hands the ibis a card that looks suspicously like the one she gave me, but I still feel the presence of mine. Is it just her usual method of giving the invited gaps?

"Thank you..." Tokiko looks at the gap youkai in awe and with some level of blushing. I'm actually curious just how much Gensokyo in general knows about Yukari... Though I could understand why she'd be shy around Yukari to begin with, the gap youkai is... man, of all the times for my vocabulary to fail me.

"This way you can choose whenever you want, just don't lose that card alright? I'll also take care of collecting your scattered things if you want." ...Yukari's offering to do work? Who are you and what did you do with my gap youkai?

Tokiko answers Yukari with little more than a nod and by putting the gap in the book she had been using to cast spells out of not too long ago.

"Now that that's settled, Wade and I are going to go bother Reimu. Care to join us?~" Yukari then practically latches on the the physical me, to which I... I mean, the physical me responded to by putting an arm around her.

"No, I think everyone here suffered enough brain damage. Except you of course." I once again roll my eyes at the gap youkai's antics.

"My, such a mean streak~" It's all in good humor as she starts walking off twoard the shrine with my physical body in tow.

"Oh yeah, Yukari, don't go doing anything weird to my body while I'm gone!" I feel the need to say this because it's Yukari I'm entrusting my physical self to.

"Then I'll wait until you're with me to do weird things then~" She gives a cheery wave before continuing the spiriting away.

It's kind of weird being able to look myself over like this... I know my hair is a dark shade of brown, bordering on black and that my eyes are a mix of green and blue, and skin that always seems to be only just getting a tan, but it's so different seeing me with my own eyes. The cargo pants I usually wear are still on my body but the shirt is clearly the long-sleeve one Alice made for me not so long ago... It does come together quite nicely, despite the color of the duffel bag.

"It's getting close to dinnertime isn't it?" Tokiko winds up breaking my train of thought, but that's a good thing right now. I mean, what heartless individual would let such a cute friend go hungry?

[X]It's only four pm, someplace for a snack then?
[X]Give Mystia some buisness today.
[X]Paradoxes aside, maybe I should head to the shrine with Tokiko...
[X]Ask her if it's okay if we go to the village to eat. Maybe ask her why she doesn't like going to the village.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28848
[x] Give Mystia some business today.
>> No. 28851
[0] Give Mystia some business today.
>> No. 28852
[x] Give Mystia some business today.
>> No. 28853
[X]Give Mystia some buisness today.
- [x] Perhaps ask why Tokiko doesn't like the village much.

I wonder how Tokiko and Mystia would get along, both being bird Youkai.
>> No. 28854
>>28853

We've been to her stand with Tokiko before I think.
>> No. 28856
[x] Give Mystia some business today.

Good to see that Toki has a home now.
>> No. 28860
[x] Give Mystia some business today.
>> No. 28868
[x] Give Mystia some buisness today.
- [x] Perhaps ask why Tokiko doesn't like the village much.
>> No. 28871
[X]Give Mystia some buisness today.

I quietly think over my options before we go shooting off into the sky, and there aren't too many that I can think of. Mokou's stand is immediately out since ibis' aren't carnivores that eat other birds, anything the village has to offer won't work because while there's quite the variety Tokiko doesn't want to go there, Reimu's shrine isn't on the top of my list since I- no, we've suffered enough what the fuckery from having two me in the same general vicinity.

"Mystia's stand sound good?" The nightsparrow run establishment on the other hand is someplace I don't think Tokiko would mind going to, and it doesn't hurt that the food's good.

"It does, thank you." After recieving a confirmation from Tokiko we take off into the air and follow the unseen path to the lamprey stand. Why JoJo's Bizzare Adventure comes to mind when I think of Mystia's stand is beyond me.

The flight is a quiet one since the ibis decided to be quiet today. A bit of peace and quiet isn't bad every now and again but if it's almost completely silent for too long it starts driving me up the wall, which could happen in the literal sense since I can give the middle finger to gravity.

Aimless rambling aside, the both of us catch a whiff of grilling lamprey and home in on it. Or rather, Tokiko does because my ability to home in on a smell isn't what it used to be. Regardless, we arrive in one unhoney-soaked piece and are somewhat suprised by the number of people here. By my count, Mokou, Kiene, Yuyuko, Youmu, and much to my suprise, Koishi, are all taking up seats, but it's not that big a deal since there's a rather well maintained picnic bench not too far off from the stand itself where Cirno, Rumia, and Wriggle were sitting. It has room for a few more than that though so seating isn't an issue.

I'm monolouging excessively again, aren't I? I really ought to stop that.

"Oh? I'll be with you in just a minute!" Mystia gives a quick reassurance that she did notice us before returning to her work. If it weren't for the dapper-looking man giving her a hand I'd say she's got too much on her metaphorical plate.

"Hmm?" Yuyuko is the second to turn her head to look at us, though I wish she turned her whole body instead of just her head... A quick swallow and she's able to talk. "It's certainly nice to see you again Wade, I'll see about curbing my appetite a bit so I don't eat all of Mystia's stock before everyone gets their fair share."

"That'd be nice seeing as you're on your fifteenth plate." Mokou looks somewhat unamused by the ghost princess' gluttony. Though the only thing she's got in her hand is a half full bottle of sake, so I'm not sure what that implies. "Where does all that food go anyway? The dead don't have stomachs or anything."

"I'd show you but I think everyone here would lose their appetite." Yuyuko's remark hints that ghosts may be able to actually do what the living does with its food, but that's not good dinner conversation.

"Pssh, you're all cold lights on the inside." Mokou then proceeds to down the remainder of the bottle in one go. "You know Mysty, I could help you with that. Save you some effort y'know?"

"I couldn't... It's not good buisness practice for me to get help from the customer." From the tone of her voice Mystia has another reason she doesn't want to vocalize, but I'm betting it has to do with how drunk the pheonix is right now.

"Mokou, you really should listen. Don't you remember what happened the last time you tried to help while drunk?" Kiene is now trying her best to get Mokou to listen, but I get the impression it's going to take a headbutt before the pheonix sees her way.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad! 'Side from the whole almost burned the place down..."

---
>> No. 28872
---

"Mokou, the last time you tried to help Mystia while drunk I wound up having to alter history so that she could continue her buisness." Kiene's starting to use a stricter tone with her words while Mokou clumsily tries to assist Mystia. One Werehakutaku headbutt later and Mokou's out cold for however long it takes for her to wake up.

"Mystia, when you have some free time I'll take my usual." Tokiko places her order and once Mystia gives confirmation she goes to sit with the Cirno and the others.

I get the feeling I'm being watched too...

[X]The last time I got to talk with Kiene was while she was showing Mokou around the festival. At least say hi.
[X]See what Cirno and co. are talking about. Also so I can sit with Tokiko.
[X]Talk to Yuyuko, preferably once she's done chewing.
[X]Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?
[X]Call out the angry peach hat.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28873
[X]Call out the angry peach hat.
Haha, oh wow. Tenshi never gives up does she?
>> No. 28874
[X]See what Cirno and co. are talking about. Also so I can sit with Tokiko.
-[x] Congratulate Cirno on her improved skills.
[X]Talk to Yuyuko, preferably once she's done chewing.

the second if possible.

But we should give Cirno her credit.
>> No. 28875
>If it weren't for the dapper-looking man giving her a hand I'd say she's got too much on her metaphorical plate.

Hmm, I smell a reference.

[X]Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?
>> No. 28877
[x] Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?
>> No. 28878
[x] Talk to Yuyuko, preferably once she's done chewing.
[x] "Hey peach-hat! Come join us!"
-[x] Get peach-hat drunk.
--[x] Molest in various ways.
>> No. 28879
[x] Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?
>> No. 28880
[0] Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?
>> No. 28881
[x] Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?
>> No. 28883
Oh dear, Koishi being around? Sexy trouble is about to start.

But am I the only one who wants to give Cirno props for her improved skills?
>> No. 28885
[x] Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?
>> No. 28886
>>28873
Of course. Wade's still got the Sword of Hisou on him.

>>28875
Here's a hint: Patchwork wrote it, and it was in /forest/.

I do have to wonder why attention turned to Koishi when anon didn't show any interest in interacting with her before.
---

[X]Why in the world is Koishi here? Isn't she supposed to be underground?

Everyone here is someone I would expect to see here, save for the satori sitting on the far left. No, I don't mean Satori Komeiji of the Palace of the Earth Spirits but rather the species, which happens to be referred to as satori. Koishi, being Satori's sister, is also a satori.

Regardless, I approach her without knowing what to expect. I never really interacted with her when she was around, rather it felt like was watching me with some level of interest from the corner of my eye. Would she make herself unseeable, would she make me forget her, or would she do something else entirely?

"Watcha doin'?" I find myself face to face with the ever smiling Koishi, who just got done eating a stick of lamprey and was patiently waiting her turn for another.

"Wondering what you're doing here. This isn't one of your usual haunts is it?" I couldn't help but take a good look at the satori before me, primarily because I never got a proper look before.

"Nope! I decided to try some of the food you find on the surface and this is stop number four on my list." Koishi caught on to my staring and instead of being suprised or offended she giggled at me. "Like what you see?"

Wait a sec, why am I staring at her legs?! "Let's not go there." Great, I get the feeling she's going to start with the mind warping...

"It's okay to admit you're staring, I'm not going to get mad. I stare at everyone at some time or another." Despite her cheery mood I just feel increasingly uneasy around her. Either because despite the fact that her blue third eye being closed it's pointed at me, or the fact that her expression doesn't change. Sure she looks pretty when she does that but it also feels wrong. "You've got a nice ass." What.

"You thrive on awkward situations don't you?" That last comment of her's distracted everyone at the stand to varying degrees. Well, everyone except Mokou, who's still out cold.

"Nothing awkward about being honest is there?" Koishi then starts spinning on the stool for a few seconds before facing the next stick of lamprey placed on the counter in front of her. "I'll talk to you again in a minute, I'm actually pretty hungry."

I think this is the most straightforward girl I've ever met, and one of the oddest. I'm also wondering if it was such a brilliant idea to go and talk to her since now I've got her attention.

Still, I felt I should go take one of the unoccupied seats and-

I find myself being floored by a strong punch the moment I turned around. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who has enough of a bone to pick with me that she'd go out of her way to attack me.

"Hello Tenshi." While that would easily break the nose of a living being, I get off easier because I'm a soul instead of a physical body with breakable cartilage.

"My sword, where is it?" Tenshi's now standing over me with an expression that would send lesser men running for the hills. "I'm done being nice to you, so give it back or I'll take something of equal value from you as compensation."

[X]I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[X]Sword duel only. Give Tenshi back her sword and call one of your own.
--[X]Dark Flow
--[X]Yoshitsuna
--[X]Excalibur
--[X]Lavis Cannon
--[X]Specify
-[X]Transformation time. (specify)

[X]Take my hand, I'll take you away from here. Turn to Koishi.

[X]Write-in

---
Dark Flow is a large two-handed sword that launches large energy waves for its special attack. To get the absolute best idea of it I reccomend looking it up on youtube, but since I don't typically write when I'm on the computer I'll probably provide a link to a vid myself.

Yoshitsuna is Disgaea's ultimate Sword, which considering the source game means it's inherently powerful. Powerful enough to defeat Tenshi decisively? Who knows.

Excalibur is something most everyone here should at least be somewhat familiar with so I don't feel the need to explain that one much.

Despite the name, Lavis Cannon is actually a one-handed sword that deals good damage and launches bolts of energy for its special attack.

As far as Koishi goes, I just keep getting the impression that she doesn't feel much of anything...
>> No. 28888
[x]I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[x] Sword duel only. Give Tenshi back her sword and call one of your own.
--[x] Chainsword
>> No. 28890
>>28886

Good question since if there was anyone I'd talk to it'd be A) Cirno as to talk about how her skills improved (Showing it wasn't just her talking) and B) Yuyuko (making progress on the harem)

Sword Duel? Oh I got a perfect idea.

[X]I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[x]Give her back her sword, sword dueling your way.
-[X]Transformation time.
-[x] Move to an empty area (I.e. without so many trees and people or skyward)
--[x]DyGenGuar (aka DaiSanger/DaiZengar) W/ 15 upgrades, and a SP pool and Spirit list of a lv99 Sanger.
---[x] Cast various spirits each turn and start spamming your strongest attack.
---[x] If She knocks the Zankantou out of your hands, use the default weapons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1uCdfK1tE Normal attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZMvhkAC_yU Daizengar's original attacks.

Let's do this in style!
>> No. 28891
I have to ask, why are you guys so readily willing to give her back her sword?
Since she's specificaly asking for it, I have no doubts that she'd most likely try to leave the second she gets it back.
>> No. 28892
>>28890

Some more information about that vote.

The spirit (SRW's spells)list:

Strike: 100% accuracy
Alert: Next attack will miss you
Guard: reduces all damage for one turn to 1/4 (that on top of a 15 upgrade slot Daizengar means very little damage from her pew pew lasers)
Drive: adds a good amount of Morale (the more you have the better attacks you can use)
Valor: Double damage, nuff said.

And on top of the impressive armor rating, it has a pretty nice evade rating for a SR.

And if she goes about using her rocks and lasers, we have rocket punches, shoulder blasters, and a sword that makes Cloud's look like a penknife.
>> No. 28893
>>28892

As awesome as the idea is there are a few problems.

Daizengar is fucking huge compared to Tenshi, and Mystia would be pretty pissed off we destroyed her stand and somehow injured Tokiko with our recklessness.
>> No. 28895
>>28891

Because Tenshi wants to make Wade her bitch so very badly. (Too bad even if she does, she'd have to answer to Yukari who might go as so far as gap a plane through her or unleash a new kind of rape upon her)
>> No. 28896
>>28893

You assumed I'd think in terms of not making it person scale?
>> No. 28897
>>28896

As far as I saw, there was no indication on your vote that indicated whether or not you'd make it human sized or normal sized.
>> No. 28898
[X]I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[x]Give her back her sword, sword dueling your way.
-[X]Transformation time.
-[x] Move to an empty area (I.e. without so many trees and people or skyward)
--[x]DyGenGuar (aka DaiSanger/DaiZengar) W/ 15 upgrades, and a SP pool and Spirit list of a lv99 Sanger.
---[x] Cast various spirits each turn and start spamming your strongest attack.
---[x] If She knocks the Zankantou out of your hands, use the default weapons!

Make sure it's human sized S.L.D.T
>> No. 28899
>>28897

Though it was obvious, since a size imbalance would just be stupid to the point of where Cirno and perhaps DoLF Shirou can see it. (and that's a man who'd lose to Cirno in a brain contest)
>> No. 28901
[0] I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[1]Give her back her sword, sword dueling your way.
-[2] Transformation time.
-[3] Move to an empty area (I.e. without so many trees and people or skyward)
--[4] DyGenGuar (aka DaiSanger/DaiZengar) W/ 15 upgrades, and a SP pool and Spirit list of a lv99 Sanger.
---[5] Cast various spirits each turn and start spamming your strongest attack.
---[6] If She knocks the Zankantou out of your hands, use the default weapons!
>> No. 28902
[x] I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[x] Give her back her sword, sword dueling your way.
-[x] Transformation time.
-[x] Move to an empty area (I.e. without so many trees and people or skyward)
--[x]DyGenGuar (aka DaiSanger/DaiZengar) W/ 15 upgrades, and a SP pool and Spirit list of a lv99 Sanger.
---[x] Cast various spirits each turn and start spamming your strongest attack.
---[x] If She knocks the Zankantou out of your hands, use the default weapons!
>> No. 28903
[x] I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[x] Give her back her sword, sword dueling your way.
-[x] Transformation time.
-[x] Move to an empty area (I.e. without so many trees and people or skyward)
--[x]DyGenGuar (aka DaiSanger/DaiZengar) W/ 15 upgrades, and a SP pool and Spirit list of a lv99 Sanger.
---[x] Cast various spirits each turn and start spamming your strongest attack.
---[x] If She knocks the Zankantou out of your hands, use the default weapons!
>> No. 28904
[x] I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[x] Give her back her sword, sword dueling your way.
-[x] Transformation time.
-[x] Move to an empty area (I.e. without so many trees and people or skyward)
--[x]DyGenGuar (aka DaiSanger/DaiZengar) W/ 15 upgrades, and a SP pool and Spirit list of a lv99 Sanger.
---[x] Cast various spirits each turn and start spamming your strongest attack.
---[x] If She knocks the Zankantou out of your hands, use the default weapons!

So, would you like your Daizengar be human sized or super sized?
>> No. 28905
>>28904

Human.

I do however want to show how much of a showoff we can be by becoming Valzacard at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFNcue0RUdg&fmt=18

The damn thing is 212.7 Meters tall. That'd get anyone's attention.
>> No. 28906
>>28905
...Did that thing tear a hole through time and space?

Sheesh, kind of makes this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWjeSsg4_A look kind of wimpy in comparison... Dark Flow video.

Anyway, it'll be human sized to keep things reasonable. If, say, Yorihime were piloting a huge mecha I'd see a point in having Wade equal it size at the very least.

I'll get started on this tomorrow, so voting's open til then.
>> No. 28908
>>28905

Dunno how human-scaling it will work, since in the game I think it does use its size advantage (its LL size means it does more damage against smaller sized units); then again I think even human scale, Wade'd still tower over most of the girls.

Though it'd be a nice choice for a future fight (you can equip 4 parts to it, so you can slap on EN Regen, Hp Regen, a Barrier, and one other part)

Just that I choose the Daizengar due to the sword fighting matter.

>>28906
Yeah SRW does have that type of insanity in later games (try look up some of the other OGs, Alpha 3, and Z videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvR6nTKpjZI

Daizengar in SRW Alpha 3 (one of the first games it appeared in), the 2nd to last attack shows how quickly it can attack despite it being a super robot.

And both this and the Valzcard are Original creations (not from any mecha anime at all)

Yeah the series is filled with various sorts of badass and awesome.

Now when it comes time to have a martial arts battle, I do have another suggestion.
>> No. 28912
>>28908

>Now when it comes time to have a martial arts battle, I do have another suggestion.

I'm hoping you're talking about Apothesized Ialdabaoth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWEywsFnFBs&fmt=18
>> No. 28913
>>28912

Yep that's it precisely.

Also as far as the two parts to to equip on Daizengar, A G Territory (strong barrier), and a EN regen part.
>> No. 28921
[+] >>28890
plus
[+] If she starts spamming the lasers too much, use the upgraded Options.
-[+] If things really start going south, screw it - use a human-scale Goldion Hammer.
>> No. 28926
[x] I've put this off well past when I should have dealt with it. Deal with Tenshi.
-[x] Give her back her sword, sword dueling your way.
-[x] Transformation time.
-[x] Move to an empty area (I.e. without so many trees and people or skyward)
--[x]DyGenGuar (aka DaiSanger/DaiZengar) W/ 15 upgrades, and a SP pool and Spirit list of a lv99 Sanger.
---[x] Cast various spirits each turn and start spamming your strongest attack.
---[x] If She knocks the Zankantou out of your hands, use the default weapons!


You know, I've been running away from this for far, far too long. I can't get the last chunks of soul stuck in the Sword of Hisou out on my own and I doubt Tenshi will just let them go.

"We're settling this once and for all then." I take out the sword and show it to the expectant celestial.

"You don't duel for someone else's property!" Tenshi decides to jump to conclusions rather than let me speak my piece, but I'm not in the mood to let her dictate the conversation.

"Here then." I simply toss Tenshi her sword to keep her from getting the wrong idea. "That's not what this is about. This is about the fact that you have something of mine and that I'm tired of you pursuing me endlessly with the intent of making me your dog."

"I don't recall ever stealing anything from you, but the latter reason is a legitimate one." Tenshi extends the blade of her sword and takes an offensive stance.

"We're not dueling here. We'll do it over the lake." With that I start flying in the direction of the lake, and much to my surprise the celestial decides to follow me rather than act childish about it. That could simply be because she likes the idea of having my 'inevitable' defeat out in the open like that.

The two of us then settle on the surface of the lake a good distance from shore and start staring each other down.

"Whenever you can spare the time." Tenshi's intentionally leaving herself open now as an invitation for me to attack. I'm no fool though.

"Just a minute, I'm not quite ready." Tenshi responds to my statement with a somewhat quizzical look, but I feel like being flashy today so the celestial will just have to wait. "Transformation: DyGenGuar!"

I had my body glow white while changing form, and I hope the result was as spectacular as I had hoped because I couldn't see it worth a damn. I could feel my body morph to the DyGenGuar's proportions though, and the carefully calculated 'chest to limbs' approach would probably be earning a few cheers if it weren't for the fact that Tenshi's the only one watching.

Well, once the white glow died down I saw that I was in fact, wrong. It seems there were a few people here for the show in the time it took me to finish, which makes me wonder how news of this could spread at such speed. Then I saw me next to Yukari waving at me and it made at least some level of sense.

---
Continuing later.
>> No. 28927
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZmWXnfecY

Ideal music for this scene.
>> No. 28928
---

"I don't think I could have made a better scenario myself. Spectators, the evening sun casting its light across the lake, two combatants who're perfectly willing to beat the snot out of each other..." Tenshi brandished her sword once more, letting off that scarlet aura that was far too familiar for my liking. "I admit you have a knack for picking backdrops, but that won't save you."

"Wasn't what I was going for." It feels a bit weird speaking through the DyGenGuar since technically I'm an orb of soul piloting a mechanoid body at this point. "It's just a combination of good circumstances that led to the field looking so nice. But enough about that. Let's begin!"

"About time!" The celestial begins by firing a cutting wave of crimson out of her blade at me, which is not something I expected her to do. All I can do is block since I'm too close to do anything else. "I bet I know what you're thinking: 'Hey, how is she pulling that off? She hasn't done that before!' Well, if you think I wouldn't train for this, you're a bigger fool than I thought!"

I have to admit that I didn't expect her to learn anything completely new, and I certainly didn't expect her to find a way to manipulate the crimson soul inside her blade. Though this raises a new problem: I just got slashed with a blade that learns the opponent's weakness. This means once she figures it out for herself I won't be able to keep any one particular form for too long.

Still, I can't just give up because of something like that! I hold my blade out behind me and let the handle extend while the guard tilts upward to the blade. Tenshi's winding up for her next attack in the meantime, which is the only thing that sucks about using such flashy specials. They're powerful but impractically slow upon startup.

"Hmph, if you're going to be that slow the whole battle this will be like smacking a rock." She's done and charging me, sword trailing behind her. I get the feeling this is going to be more an exchange of blows than a full on attack at this rate.

"ZAN-" The extended sword becomes something akin to a massive broadsword. "-KAN-" I start rushing Tenshi at a speed she didn't expect if her eyes are any indication. "-TOU!" I start bringing the massive sword around to slash at Tenshi, and it's apparent that she doesn't know the full extent of this form's capabilities. Then again, I don't know hers so it's an even field for now. She chooses to block the blow as I bring it across, though the attack wasn't meant to knock opponents away so she stuck blocking blows that come at her with ever increasing speed until I have to back off.

"Ugh... You certainly hit hard enough." Tenshi doesn't look too amused at the fact that I forced her to take something like that, but that changes to a confident smirk as she plunges her sword down into a pillar that came up to meet it. Given that the thing's riddled with holes I can take a wild guess at what they're going to fire. "Let's see you dance."

Instead of lasers, each hole fires out one of those pointed stones that have a rope tied around them. I notice that they eventually stop at various points and immediately notice that the holes in the column are now deeper than before and are glowing scarlet. That can only mean one thing.

[X]She thinks this form's a big bullseye... Well, what do you call that stone pillar?
[X}Demolish the stones as you get near them. No stones, no reflected laser.
[X]I wonder if this blade can bounce the lasers back into her...
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28929
[X]I wonder if this blade can bounce the lasers back into her...
[X]If that doesn't work, slice the pillar in half.
We have a motherfuckin' Zankantou, there is nothing we cannot cleave.
>> No. 28931
[+] Demolish the stones as you get near them. No stones, no reflected laser.
>> No. 28932
[x] Demolish the stones as you get near them. No stones, no reflected laser.
>> No. 28933
[x] Demolish the stones as you get near them. No stones, no reflected laser.
>> No. 28934
[X]Demolish the stones as you get near them. No stones, no reflected laser.
-[x] Then try to do a dropping slash on the pillar.
>> No. 28935
[X}Demolish the stones as you get near them. No stones, no reflected laser.
>> No. 28936
[x] She thinks this form's a big bullseye... Well, what do you call that stone pillar?
>> No. 28937
>>28929
You forget Gensokyo's full of cheating jerks.

---

[X]Destroy the stones as you get near them. No stones, no reflecting laser.

The first laser volley is fired out the pillar's holes, but I'm already moving. Not twoard Tenshi, or to redirect the lasers, but to demolish the stones so that she can't bounce the lasers around, and given just how far apart the holes on the pillar are it's clear she's betting on them. So I start moving to the closest stone rather than to any of the other locations Tenshi had predicted and start tearing through the first stone. While I don't stick around afterwards, I did notice that the stone exploded not too long after I cleaved it in two. This just means I'll have to be quick, and speed is hardly something I lack.

I can't hear the angry peach hat from here, but given the fact that she's aiming lasers at me and ahead of me I'm guessing that she's none too thrilled about the fact that I'm taking out the rocks. She sounds rather frantic for someone who's supposed to be angry though... Eh, no time for that. I'm still swerving through the lasers, bringing the Zankantou to bear against anything in my path, kicking off stones that are conviniently in line with the direction I want to move in, and occasionally getting them caught up in the explosion of another stone or even kicking one into one of the pillar's holes. Still, I don't get a whole lot of opportunities to do that so instead I drop down to the surface of the lake before launching myself upward with Zankantou held in an uppercut posiotion in order to cut through a wide swath of stones all at once, then start bringing it back down through another swath before actively diving into the lake to avoid the large numbers of explosions that follow.

The sight below the waterline is certainly nice, there's plenty of small fish, a giant catfish snoozing not too far from here, a giant trout swimming off in the distance- wait, that better not be what I think it is. Eh, so long as it doesn't start roaring about how its gay I'm fine with that. Another thing I notice is that Tenshi's attacks are now more or less random due to the all the mud we're kicking up, it's actually messing up my vision quite a bit now... I do know where the pillar is and where the blasts are coming from so it's simple to calmly walk over to it and start noticing how there seem to be more holes down the pillar and that they just launched more stones outward. I don't even give Tenshi the opportunity to start firing, I just move between them while ripping them apart with my sword. Of course, now my ability to see is limited to sensing energy signatures, but that's passable considering Tenshi doesn't even have that.

I can tell the pillar's moving upwards to try and bring in fresh stones to the battle and as such hang on to one of the holes that was firing a laser to bring myself back above water. The celestial is now at least another fifteen, maybe twenty feet up from where she was and has actively rearranged the remaining stones into a different configuration while climbing ever higher...

As much as I'd like to see if I can force the pillar clear into outer space before making it crash back down to earth, I'm not really that into collateral damage and as such decide to end it right then and there. By re-arming the larger Zankantou and taking a good aim at the base of the pillar and throwing it at the pillar like a boomerang.

"Eh? He can't be that stupid... Destroying the keystones I was using for my attacks was one thing, but the whole pillar?" Tenshi, being at the top of the pillar was more or less preoccupied by her attempts to reconfigure the remaining stones into a more effective firing system. "Huh? Erk... No. NononononoNO! Get away from there! Stop that, you don't know what you're doi-"

The Zankantou finishes the job by slicing the pillar off at the base, and at an angle that wouldn't land it in the crowd or anyplace particularly hazardous to other beings. It starts sliding off the angle and with a 'gentle' kick it starts falling over... And might have hit Yuuka, who was wearing a rather nice swimsuit... err, had just resurfaced out of a new bloody spot in the lake had she not noticed the pillar and celestial coming down with it and blasted it back up in the air before punching it off to the side with a particularly nasty left hook.

"Sorry Yuuka, didn't know you were there!" At the very least I can apologize...

"It's not like I announced my presence to the world anyway, it's no big deal." Coming from Yuuka, I'm inclined to believe that she might just be able to take a hit from a giant pillar crashing onto her without much trouble. "I just hope the lilies don't mind catfish blood in their water for a while..." And her first concern is her flowers... Well, that's not important right now seeing as my quarrel isn't with Yuuka, but rather the celestial.

Speaking of which, where is she?

And why's the pillar eminating light- aw crap...

The pillar and it's base seems to have been made from the same type of stone the smaller rocks were, and as such exploded upon being cut. Tenshi's nowhere to be found, and since I'm a soul I'm okay, the crowds are fine since the pillar went down well away from them. I am treated to a round of applause from them for such a flashy explosion, though it feels like it's rather short lived...

But of course. Peach hat's behind me and angrier than ever if the scarlet aura is any indication. Her clothes were torn and singed, her hair looks like it has a few singed bits, she appears to be missing her eyebrows and one of her peaches is scorched while the other is cooked quite nicely. It's actually kind of funny despite how 'oh shit' this moment might be.

"You... You exist soley to humiliate me don't you?!" Tenshi begins concentrating the scarlet aura into her sword as she speaks, which sort of distracts from the fact that it looks like he clothes could fall apart at any moment. Well, only sort of seeing as the aura is concentrating into the form of a dragon... "No more... Tonight I will pay you back for everything you've done tenfold!"

[X]"Why excatly are you still fighting? Your clothes are falling apart."
[X]Dive captain! Torpedo sword at the ready!
[X]Crash the Zankantou against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.
[X]Try and make Tenshi eat her own attack.
[X]Turn into something else.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28938
>>28937
>You forget Gensokyo's full of cheating jerks.

Yeah, and we happen to be one of them, so I don't see the problem.
>> No. 28940
[x] Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[x] Crash both Zankantou's against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.

Choose from either of the two styles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xKOXiQzftY&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRjgqcCPKg&fmt=18

Personally, I prefer the first version for that kickass little spin it pulls off and the way it materializes it's Zankantou.
>> No. 28941
[x] Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[x] Crash both Zankantou's against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.
>> No. 28942
[0] Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[1] Crash both Zankantou's against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.

After watching both videos I'd say use the first video for the Zankantou creation and the second for the rush in.
>> No. 28943
[x] Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[x] Crash both Zankantou's against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.
>> No. 28944
[x] Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[x] Crash both Zankantou's against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.

Consider how we HAD to down scale this, I think we can do a clone pretty well, right?
>> No. 28945
Sure. This is awesome, so let's have fun with it.

[+] Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[+] Crash both Zankantou's against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.
>> No. 28947
[x] "Why excatly are you still fighting? Your clothes are falling apart."
-[x] Make it obvious that you're checking her out.
[x] Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[x] Crash both Zankantou's against Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.
>> No. 28949
[X]Create a clone of yourself and turn it into Thrudgelmir.
-[X]Crash both Zankantous into Tenshi's improvised attack, just because you can.

Again with the last minute decision... Still, they say two is better than one right? So splitting off enough me to make another me in the form of Thrudgelmir to double the Zankantou would be a good idea, especially given the fact that Tenshi seems to be done with the overly elaborate spells and is going for something a bit more practical.

I'm guessing I have maybe five seconds to pull this off before I have to compromise with just one Zankantou or just try to dodge the attack outright, so I split off another chunk, which makes the DyGenGuar slightly smaller, and form it into the Thrudgelmir.

Three seconds...

I simultaneously extend the DyGenGuar's Zankantou while forming Thrudgelmir's. This eats up the remaining few seconds but I'm ready to face Tenshi's attack.

I find myself facing an etheral scarlet chinese dragon that was made from the power within the Sword of Hisou, and it's rushing right for me. Perfect.

"So you plan on overwhelming me with brute strength?" DyGenGuar me starts off the little pre-attack scene.

"Such crass methods, and you call yourself a celestial?" Thrudgelmir me continues on.

I crash both Zankantou against the maw of the etheral dragon, which essentially put us in a varient of a beam struggle. Except one side was using a beamlike attack while I was using a couple swords. It's just as flashy though.

"How long do you expect to be able to stand up to this?" I can only hear Tenshi at this point, but looking at the clothes falling apart from the earlier explosion would just serve as a distraction.

"Hold out? That would imply that I only want to hold the line." Thrudgelmir responds first, inching forward as it pushes the dragon back little by little.

"There's no stalemate, no draw, no compromise!" DyGenGuar pushes forward as well, cutting into the maw of the scarlet beast.

"I won't settle for holding the line either!" Tenshi withdraws the maw of the dragon a bit, causing both Thrudgelmir and DyGenGuar to stagger forward a bit from the amount of force they were exerting on an object that wasn't there anymore, before launching it forward again to try and plow past me. "Can your swords cleave through this?"

"Hmph... The Zankantou cleaves through evil in all its forms, yours is no exception!" Thrudgelmir starts dashing backwards to give itself more time to prepare.

"I think it's more accurate to borrow a phrase from a friend of mine: The things the Zankantou can't cleave..." DyGenGuar also dashes backwards to match pace with Thrudgelmir.

Then they both rush forward with swords swinging into the aura made beast. "IS NEXT TO NONE!" And promptly start tearing through it until there was half a dragon, and half a- wait, where's Tenshi?

"A scarlet Zankantou?!" Thrudgelmir raises its Zankantou in order to block the blade Tenshi brought down on it.

"Figured it out huh?" DyGenGuar launches itself into the air to try and bring its Zankantou down on the Celestial, but she moves just before the attack hits so instead of a decisive knockout there's a massive splash.

"It took a bit, but I managed it." Burnt, increasingly indecent, but with no less fire in her eyes, Tenshi looks both mechs over while holding a scarlet Zankantou with one hand. In truth it's still the Sword of Hisou and is what Tenshi is holding on to, but it's emulating the form of the Zankantou and that's enough reason to worry. "Though I have to wonder... Why split yourself when you lose strength for every split you make? You easily towered over me before but now you're right about my size. Not that it matters, you won't win no matter how many tricks you pull out of your hat!"

Everything settles for just a moment before Tenshi speaks up again.

"Would you duel me as you?" That's not something I expected her to ask. Though I guess the reason she wants a decisive victory now is because her burnt clothes are now dangerously close to falling off...

[X]It has to be a trick. Keep form and finish this.
[X]Change form to something else. Her sword learned this form's weakness and now she knows it.
[X]Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[X]Keep the Zankantou.
-[X]She knows its weakness now, use something else.

[X]Write-in

---
Duel cancelled on account of naked celestial.
>> No. 28950
[X]Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[X]She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[x] Crissagirm (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
---[x] Boost your own speed.

She may be able to use raw power, now it's time to go with raw speed. (No weapon is faster in the game than it, one button press results in 3-6 hits)
>> No. 28951
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqDT7lAocAc

the weapon in action, to be precise TWO of them in action.
>> No. 28953
[X]Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[X]She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[x] Crissaegrim (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
--[x] Mournblade (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.)
---[x] Boost your own speed.

Dual wield that shit.

The Mournblade is perfect due to the fact that no matter what it hits it'll give life back to the user.
>> No. 28954
[X]Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[X]She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[x] Crissaegrim (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
--[x] Mournblade (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.)
---[x] Boost your own speed.
>> No. 28955
[0] Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[1] She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[2] Crissaegrim (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
--[3] Mournblade (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.)
---[4] Boost your own speed.
>> No. 28956
[x] Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[x] She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[x] Crissaegrim (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
--[x] Mournblade (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.)
---[x] Boost your own speed.
>> No. 28957
[x] Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[x] She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[x] Crissaegrim (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
--[x] Mournblade (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.)
---[x] Boost your own speed.
>> No. 28958
[x] Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[x] She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[x] Crissaegrim (Castlevania Symphony of the Night)
--[x] Mournblade (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.)
---[x] Boost your own speed.
Genoskyo is full of cheating jerks, but Wade might be the biggest one of them all.
>> No. 28959
>>28953
I thought the idea was to duel wield Crissaegrims...

>>28958
True, Wade shifts forms to whatever's the most advantageous at the time and has more or less remembered his dueling sense.

Okay, third subvote in a week, but this'll alter how long the story runs for since it didn't quite come to a close when I had hoped. I really don't want to be yet another author who never finished his story.
[X]End it once Wade merges his body and soul, but give the stuff that occurs after the end.
[X]Keep going even after that point.

Since by my estimate you're probably another full story day or two away from finishing up with that objective since Tenshi's got the last appreciable chunk. Then it's delayed to give a tour to Wade's friends but after that there's no particular reason why the two should remain seperate.

Regardless, I will do the Lunar View event, the Harvest Festival event, and maybe do a little timeskip to when Wade is fully integrated to the Yakumo family and the resulting antics. Plus there will probably be an H-scene involved.

Though for a bunch of anon who're shooting for a harem route, you haven't done a whole lot to get a full group of women interested in Wade to the point where they can accept him having multiple girlfriends.

---

[X]Honor (or humor) her request and revert back.
-[X]She knows its weakness now, use something else.
--[X]Crissaegrim (Castlevania: Symphony of Night)
--[X]Mournblade (Castlevania: Symphony of Night)
---[X]Boost your own speed.

"Alright, fair enough." I remerge the Thrudgelmir and DyGenGuar into one chunk of soul, then reform it into me. I intentionally left the Zankantous out since I had originally planned to turn it into a Zankantou double blade and tear through Tenshi, but she probably knows enough about it now to where continuing to use it would only make this take longer. So I decide to utelise a couple Castlevania weapons instead. One Zankantou became the Crissaegrim, an insanely fast blade that I had used in Symphony of Night to speed clear the bosses once I got it, and the other Zankantou became Mournblade, which would heal me regardless of what I hit. Though if Tenshi's going for power, I should go for speed instead so I can avoid her version of the Zankantou. Considering that in the source games it could cleave an enemy clean in two... Yeah, I don't want all our hard work to be undone by one mistake. I then adapt the speed of one of the most annoying speedy enemies I have ever blasted in a video game: the Omgea Defense Drone. Ironically, instead of being some kind of floating doom tank it is instead a fairly small white and red fishlike suicide robot, at least when it's told to attack the player. If it's holding a key on the other hand, it'll be the fastest enemy in Descent II as well as the most annoying non-lethal robot in that game thanks to its jerky motions and sudden 180 degree turns. Perfect for what I need here.

"Are you done?" Tenshi's showing some level of impatience. Partially due to the fact that the sun's starting to set, and partially because I don't think her clothes are going to hold much longer. She's not really waiting either since she's already brought her Zankantou around to strike me.

I'm not having any of that today, thank you. True to source I zip out of the way with an annoying level of precision and speed while putting myself in a quick strike distance. Since I'm combining fast attacks with fast speed I think you can imagine how this next bit works out.

Though I don't inflict any physical damage I still beat the celestial senseless with the Crissaegrim and Mournblade before delivering a swift kick to knock her away once more. All while she's trying to bring her blade back around to hit me. Naturally that left her more than a little annoyed so she starts calling on those stones of hers while rushing me again. Once more I quickly evade her blows with some taunting in between to rile her up even further, causing her to make more mistakes and errors in judgement. Even the stones that are flooding our chosen arena with bullets aren't doing enough good, even though I can't evade the densely packed areas and have to detour around them, while I zip in during the cooldown inbetween her attacks and smack her around a little more. It's really starting to feel one-sided now that I'm more or less evading everything she throws at me.

"You think you can just evade me forever?" Tenshi's anger has gone to the absolute limit. I doubt I could piss her off any more than I already have, the fact that I accidentally sliced off her wrappings doesn't help my case, and it's really showing. She's constantly reconfiguring the bullet spewing stones in an attempt to corner me, but it's no use. Not until she starts adding pillars from the ground under the lake to the mix, because that managed to catch me off guard and knock me straight into one of the stones for a few seconds.

"Okay, a couple hundred bullets in one setting, no problem." Despite the self-reassurance that I can keep going I happen to be smoldering somewhat from being hit by so many bright red hot things. And if I don't move my ass now, one really big bright-scarlet dragon beam. Much to my annoyance, it's following me.

A very angry, half-naked peach hat rose up out of the bullet field sitting on a stone while directing the Sword of Hisou at me so that the dragon knows where to go. "This sword absorbs souls you know. I don't know why I didn't try this before seeing as you're all soul. It would have been a perfect way for me to finally make you my bitch much, much sooner." And now she's even going so far as to reposition the bullet-spewing stones so that they limit the amount of space I have to move in, making my job so much harder. Though she left the path to her clearer than any other route.

It's going to suck if I screw this up, but with an extension of a soul-absorbing sword trying to swallow me whole I don't see any other choice. I start closing in on her, avoiding bullets, the occasional lunge from the scarlet dragon, and a few stones trying to impede my already difficult progress. Though I'm now close, very close.

I intentionally overshoot Tenshi by just a little bit before ducking behind her and putting her between me and her own creation.

"Wha- what're you doing?!" The celestial's probably questioning my sanity right at the moment. "I won all but one duel between us, but you always get away..." She's keeping the sword pointed at me even though it means she'll eat her own attack in the process. "It'll be worth it though... I only have to win for real just once to get the grand prize..."

The dragon opens its maw and immediately swallows the both of us, treating both myself and the celestial to a high temperature wind tunnel ride neither of us will forget for a long time. What's worse is that I can feel bits of me going by but I can't do anything to get them back out, otherwise I'll be stuck right along with the rest of me. Hell, I'm just barely holding on right now.

Yet soon enough, it's over. Tenshi's KOed from her own attack which caused her to collapse into my arms, chest gently rising and falling with a somewhat pained expression on her face. I suppose the fact that her chest is exposed hardly helped with that much.

I take a look around and notice that quite a few people either showed up on their own, were gapped here, or were given gaps to look through so they could see this fight between us. Well, the least I can do is discreetly cover her back up while the crowd is still cheering at the result.

Still, what to do?...

[X]Find Iku and turn Tenshi over to her. Explain the fact that there's a sizable chunk of my soul stuck in the Sword of Hisou as well.
[X]Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[X]Find someplace quiet to let Tenshi recover and hope she's willing to listen to reason now.
[X]Write-in

---
Now who'd have thought choosing to try and collar Tenshi all those threads ago would lead up to this?
>> No. 28960
[x] Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[x] Keep going even after that point.
>> No. 28963
[x] Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[x] Keep going even after that point.
>> No. 28964
>>28959

That's because the plot was going forward too fast, and that's why I shoot for this:

[x] Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[x] Keep going even after that point.

As to perhaps pursue such a possibility It's clear that Yukari and Nari are the main girls, but it'd be a quest in itself! And we'd need the time to work on that.

Also I think Yukari can easily get Iku if she's needed.
>> No. 28965
[0] Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[1] Keep going even after that point.
>> No. 28966
[x] Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[x] Keep going even after that point.
>> No. 28967
[+] Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[+] Keep going even after that point.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised Tenshi didn't think to use Hisou's soul absorption against Wade sooner, myself.
>> No. 28969
[x] Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.
[x] Keep going even after that point.
>> No. 28970
[x] Rape Tenshi
>> No. 28972
>>28970
You're doing that to get me to update sooner, aren't you? Either way, cut that out. It's extremely OOC for Wade to even think about raping someone.

Also, as per the vote I'll keep going and hope I don't have to abandon this at some future date.

---

[X]Find Yukari and collaborate with her on how to get my chunk of soul out of the Sword of Hisou.

I really am going to have to talk to Yukari about this. I didn't start this so it could turn into a pay-per-view duel, and I'm going to need help from someone in order to safely remove the chunk of soul from this sword. So I float down to the surface of the lake before flying twoard the gap youkai in question.

"That was a spectacular preformance out of the both of you~" Yukari's sitting on a floating recliner while wearing a monocole and sipping a cup of tea. "It made for a nice show, don't you think?"

"Only because no one else was taking part in it." I roll my eyes once more in response to the gap youkai's statements. "Anyways, the sword has the last appreiable chunk of me in it and I probably can't get it out without getting absorbed by the sword. And since I'm really tired of these heavenly shenanigans I'd appreciate your help in this."

"Why, certainly." Yukari immediately gaps us to Mayohiga. I note that I've essentially gotten used to it, if my mind's 'yeah whatever' approach is any indication. "I think you can put Tenshi down on the bed while we figure this out."

Yukari decided to gap us straight into one of the guest bedrooms, probably so I wouldn't have to keep carrying this lump of peach hat. I gently lay the celestial onto the bed before taking her sword away from her so she can't just stab me from behind or something equally stupid, then occupied a spot not too far from her. Yukari decided to occupy the opposite side of the bed, though she's facing my back. I turn around to face her so we can talk.

"Souls absorbed by the Sword of Hisou tend to be sealed inside so they can't just escape. Given that the sword uses those bits to determine the weaknesses of the original owner of the soul it would probably make sense to keep those soul fragments sealed." Yukari just starts talking while moving the sword just a bit further away from Tenshi's feet. I'm not sure how agile the celestial's feet are, but I'd rather not find out the hard way that she can wield it with her feet or something equally unlikely. "Pay attention you, monolouging can be done after we finish this."

"Sorry Yukari. I just got the odd impression that Tenshi might be able to use her feet to get the sword back in her hands." It sounds silly, but better safe than sorry. I mean, Tenshi could turn out to be some skilled puzzle solver slash pirate.

"Where on earth would you get such a silly idea?" The gap youkai looks at me with a raised eyebrow. I simply shrug and she continues. "Well, the way I see it one option would be to actually allow you to be absorbed by the sword. Crazy as that sounds, remember: it's only abosrbed fragments before. I think you might be a bit too spicy for for it."

"I hope you have a plan b for that." If I wanted to make that gamble I would have let Tenshi beat me in that duel.

"The second option would be for me to try and gap the soul fragment out. Not sure how that's going to work at this point, but there are few things I can't mess with. I don't think this is going to be an exception." Yukari then inspects the sword before placing it back down again. "Option three would be to go knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door and see if we can't get you an audiance with Tenshi's father. He's a reasonable man and the original owner of the Sword of Hisou, so he sould be able to unseal the fragments."

"It sounds like there's a fourth option coming up." I can tell she's pausing a bit, but it's still waiting for her to spit it out.

"The next choice would involve going back to Higan and talking to either Komachi or Shikieiki since they deal with the dead on a daily basis. Odds are one or both would know how to undo such a seal. Another choice would be to see if Reimu can undo it. The last time she beat up Tenshi a large number of spirits flew out of the blade, so if she could do whatever she did then it might work." Now she's finished. I notice Tenshi's stirring now, which reminds me that there's two options Yukari didn't speak of.

[X]Spiral power!
[X]Let Yukari try. She hasn't steered me wrong yet.
[X]Go to heaven, collect two hundred dollars.
[X]A date with death sounds nice.
[X]Time to go bother the miko.
[X]What about the ghost princess?
[X]It's a long shot, but maybe we can talk peach hat into letting that last bit of me go.

---
Short I know, but I figure the decision is important enough to warrant it.
>> No. 28974
[X]It's a long shot, but maybe we can talk peach hat into letting that last bit of me go.
-[X]Tell her that if she breaks the agreement you and Yukari will spread rumors that Celestials are filthy liars.
>> No. 28975
[x] Go to heaven, collect two hundred dollars.
>> No. 28976
[0] Go to heaven, collect two hundred dollars.
>> No. 28978
[x] Go to heaven, collect two hundred dollars.
>> No. 28979
[X]A date with death sounds nice.

This option calls out to me.
>> No. 28980
[x]A date with death sounds nice.
>> No. 28981
[x] Go to heaven, collect two hundred dollars.
>> No. 28982
[x] Go to heaven, collect two hundred dollars.
>> No. 28983
[x] Go to heaven, collect two hundred dollars.

>>28972
>Yukari's sitting on a floating recliner while wearing a monocole and sipping a cup of tea.
I LOVE YOU.
>> No. 28985
So it's the dried and cut route it seems.
>> No. 28987
>>28983
Well, this is rather sudden. I thought a date was supposed to be involved or something.

>>28985
You lost me.
>> No. 28988
>>28987

Going to see Tenshi's dad is a good choice if dull, hence what I meant by cut and dried (Good but dull),

But I don't really mind, a good chunk of the day few by and I'll just wait until tomorrow to try furthering my goals.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x