[Return]
Archived Thread
File 125704985923.png - (0.99MB , 750x750 , Judge of paradise.png ) [iqdb]
27915 No. 27915
A little short sure, but I do seem to have a trend for OPs here...

---

[x] "Yeah, no."
[x] Transform and initiate hyper-space jump. Target - The Hakurei Shrine. Make sure to bring Nari with you.

I don't exactly like the idea of crossing over before my time, but that does make me wonder how I'm going to get out of this since I don't have distance manipulation. Unless it's a universal reaper skill...

"Well, better get you acro- huh?" The poor shinigami didn't see this coming. "Man, don't tell me you can change form!"

"Heh, you better believe it!" Komachi wasn't holding onto me anymore, both figuratively and literally seeing as I wasn't me anymore. But changing one's shape into the master of death has its perks, such as being able to go toe to toe with another reaper.

"I suppose I can't just ask you to come along nicely." Komachi looked a bit depressed at this little shock. "Man, why do you have to make this more work than it already is?" She's already trying to get in my face with her distance manipulation, but I'm already up in the air before she can tell what happened.

She didn't even announce her next attack, which consisted of firing off a lone coin at high speed. I didn't even want to try and take a hit from that if the whistling each coin produces is any indication as to how hard they'd hit. Which of course meant that the sky around myself and Nari is filled with whistling coins.

"Get lost!" I send a wave of crimson energy down at the shinigami to clear away the coins and get her to avoid the blast long enough for me to get us away from here. As such I start opening a 'hyperspace gate' in front of the two of us and jump to the Hakurei shrine.

Reimu is sitting at the front of the shrine and raises an eyebrow at my current form. "Got into another fight?"

Something tells me it's not over yet anyways.

[X]Keep Gig's form, Komachi can't give up so easily can she?
[X]Lose it, the shinigami probably doesn't even know where I am right now.

[X]Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[X]What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[X]About the border of dream and reality.
-[X]Write-in question.

[X]Write in.
>> No. 27918
[X]Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
[x] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[X]Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[x]How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[x]If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[X]What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[X]About the border of dream and reality.
-[x]Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.

Gotta support the local shrine maiden.

That and Reimu seems the best person other than perhaps Yukari for advice on how to deal with Tenshi well.

Personally I don't think she'd be that persistent, though going back won't be so easy. Still it'd be a wise idea to be on guard.
>> No. 27919
[X]Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
[x] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[X]Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[x]How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[x]If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[X]What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[X]About the border of dream and reality.
-[x]Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.
>> No. 27921
[X]Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
[x] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[X]Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[x]How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[x]If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[X]What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[X]About the border of dream and reality.
-[x]Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.
>> No. 27922
[0] Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
[1] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[2] Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[3] How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[4] If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[5] What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[6] About the border of dream and reality.
-[7] Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.
>> No. 27923
[X]Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
-[X]"Yah, sort of"
-[X] Be on your guard as well, don't want Komachi to suddenly pop up in your face when you least expect it.
[X] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[X]Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[X]How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[X]If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[X]What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[X]About the border of dream and reality.
-[X]Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.

I hope this won't come back to bite us in the ass when we return to the other side of the border. That would suck if Komachi came looking for us there. And we now that possibility exists.

Also R.I.M., if we went across, would that have given us a BAD END?

And what does Shiki want with us?
>> No. 27924
[x] Keep on your guard.
[x] Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
[x] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[x] Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[x] How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[x] If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[x] What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[x] About the border of dream and reality.
-[x] Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.

No one else can use our gate if they're fast enough, can they? Just as a precaution...

[x] Close the gate, ASAP. Try and block anybody from coming through, or reroute them elsewhere.
>> No. 27925
[X]Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
[x] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[X]Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[x]How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[x]If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[X]What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[X]About the border of dream and reality.
-[x]Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.
>> No. 27927
>>27923
No, it would not have been a bad end had you crossed. There certainly would have been a possibility of getting one if the votes after that point were exceedingly stupid. Kind of like that one vote to molest Koakuma.

>>27924
In Homeworld, a hyperspace jump and the field used to carry it out close automatically once the jump has been finished. Also, once the size of the gate has been determined it cannot change so hitchikers will be in for a nasty suprise if they don't do it right.

Writefag is waking up...
>> No. 27928
>>27927

I think some of the folks choose to go back to the shrine thinking crossing over = bad end. Still after we ask Reimu some questions, perhaps we should either try another stop or consult with Yukari on what to do.
>> No. 27929
>>27928
I don't think it leads to a bad end. I do, however, feel it will make the story get a bit more complicated, more intense. With the way Higan gets with it's "politics", and the incident of crossing the border yet to be resolved or even close to being fixed, the whole thing is sure to get messy.

I'd rather take it easy and have a bit more fun with the characters before then.
>> No. 27930
>>27929

Good point, we might just leave this for later then after we collect other fragments from places. I think this bit will be has hard as dealing with Tenshi in gettting her fragments back.

Also while I think Yukari might have some pull over in Higan, I don't think she'd have free reign at all, since there are things that not even Yukari would really muck with.

List of remaining stops

Marisa- We should ask about her exploits in the dream world the next time we run into her.
Yuuka- Could be easy or hard, who knows, just don't step on any flowers.
Tenshi and her sword- Not easy at all.
Netherworld- Fragment collecting and youmu dueling. Perhaps Yuyuko might have advice on Higan.
Underground- Who knows since no one said much of Wade's exploits there if any.
The Prismrivers- Perhaps a nice way to unwind a day but not a major priority.
Sanzu/Higan- Another tricky stop.
>> No. 27931
File 125709781780.png- (59.37KB , 188x300 , Gig.png ) [iqdb]
27931
[X]Keep Gig's form, in case she does come a running.
[x] Donate some of that Yen to her.
[X]Ask the shrine maiden something.
-[x]How she's been doing despite the chaos that follows me.
-[x]If she by chance found any new fragments (Not likely)
-[X]What to do if Higan comes knocking.
-[X]About the border of dream and reality.
-[x]Tips for taking on Tenshi decisively.

I have no idea if Komachi would be determined enough to follow me or if she even has permission to do so, but I'd rather not be caught with the proverbial pants down on the off chance she does show up.

"Ehh, you could say that." I momentarily surprised myself when I forgot my voice changes along with my form.

"Who was it this time?" Reimu was just sitting there sipping tea.

"Komachi. Apparently she wants to ferry me to Higan." I break out the wallet and make a sizable donation of 5000 yen since I've got so much.

"Just challenge her to a danmaku duel then if she's after you. Just make sure that she agrees not to ferry you across if you win." There's that smile of hers.

"I doubt it's going to be that easy, especially since she's not a youkai. Hell, when I was escaping she started shooting coins like bullets." I decide to sit near the shrine maiden since I do have some questions to ask her.

"So she's serious. That's rare." Another pause for another sip. "When you think about it, it makes sense for Shikieiki to want to deal with this as soon as possible, seeing as technically you're not only both alive and dead at the same time but also in pieces. She must be getting frustrated with having to pass judgment on the same guy over and over again if that's the case."

"So they're not going to stop." When did that second cup get there? Reimu nods at me, which I take as a cue to drink.

"I doubt it, death is a persistent thing."

"What about Nari then? She's in a similar position as me yet Komachi didn't actively shoot at her." The bakeneko took a seat next to me as I spoke.

"I think you'd be a higher priority. Plus you've taken the form of a reaper, so that's got to have them up in arms."

"Just delaying the inevitable then?" I lean back to look in the direction of the Sanzu.

"Pretty much." Was the maiden's only response.

"I've been meaning to ask, but do you remember a girl named Gengetsu?"

"Hmm... Nope. Sorry. Was it important?" Reimu does take interest in my statement, even if it is subtle.

"Aside from the fact that she might have something to do with all this? I heard that you've fought her before in the border of dreams and reality."

Reimu thought about this for a few minutes. "I think I'll bug Yuuka about it soon, seeing as she lived there once."

That was kind of a bust, but I pointed her in the right direction. I hope. "Another thing, how do I beat Tenshi decisively? As in, not a draw and not resulting in being collared."

"Collared? Is she still trying that?" Reimu gave a small sigh before continuing. "The only way I've found is for me to use Fantasy Heaven, but since I don't think you have access to that I can't tell you how to beat her in one fell swoop. Just blast her with the strongest attacks you've got and hope it's enough."

"I'll keep that in mind next time I meet her." I already tried that, but I think I went overboard with it last time. "So how have you been holding up? I imagine that annoying Higan isn't the only chaos I caused."

"It's been pretty peaceful, even when I wind up Outside. You don't exactly qualify for extermination if that's what you're asking."

"The quietest incident ever, huh?"

"Right now it is, but I get the feeling it isn't going to stay that way."

"So have you found any new fragments during your outings from the shrine?"

"To be honest, I haven't been looking. Suika's been taking care of it and she usually clears out all the fragments before anyone else gets a hold of one."

[X]Stick around and enjoy the peace and quiet.
[X]I think I should clear out just in case someone comes knocking for me. (specify)
[X]Is that an angry peach hat I see?
[X]Is that a coin?
[X]Write-in
>> No. 27932
[x] Is that a coin?
>> No. 27933
[x] Is that an angry peach hat I see?
[x] Is that a coin?
[x] Is that another hyperspace gate leading to Mayohiga I see?

Haha, oh god, this is going to be chaos.
>> No. 27934
[X]Is that an angry peach hat I see?
>> No. 27935
[x] "Mind if I ask what you do on the outside? I've already ran into Alice and Kogasa, and I heard Tewi's out in it"
[x] "Does that mean that Marisa already forgot her adventures there?
[X]Stick around and enjoy the peace and quiet.


Taking a few moments to relax with Reimu isn't a bad thing.

That and I doubt that many people would attack the Shrine without thinking once.
>> No. 27936
[x] Is that a coin?
>> No. 27937
[0] Is that a coin?
>> No. 27938
[x] Is that a coin?
>> No. 27939
[x] Is that a coin?
>> No. 27940
[✠] Is that a coin?
>> No. 27941
[x] "Mind if I ask what you do on the outside? I've already ran into Alice and Kogasa, and I heard Tewi's out in it"
[x] "Does that mean that Marisa already forgot her adventures there?
[X]Stick around and enjoy the peace and quiet.
>> No. 27942
[X]Is that a coin?

It is peaceful at the shrine, but it always feels lonely here. Not quite so much once Reimu's friends and family are arou- Wait a sec, is that a coin?

A subtle tug downwards and the spinning coin impacts the paved area in front of the shrine with the audiable crack of stone being split into pieces. The result was a stone square being cracked into about two dozen pieces, a small dust cloud, several bits of shrapnel that never made it to those who would be harmed by it, and one irate shrine maiden.

"Komaaaaaaachiiiiiii..." Reimu set her cup of tea down before drawing her gohei.

"Wait a sec, Komachi wouldn't have to be anywhere near here to attack if she's using distance manipulation to make the coin impact at the optimal speed." Case in point I can tell another one is whizzing twoards me, which I then shove just a little off course into another stone tile.

"Can't you bring her down here?" Given Reimu's current mood I honestly can't blame the ferrywoman for not wanting to get anywhere near her. Even though it's mostly Komachi's fault...

Another coin, but from a totally different direction. Given my form it only strikes the shoulder pad things that turn into wings instead of my shoulder like she must have been aiming for. "I don't even know where she is, and even if I did I could only cancel out her manipulation, we'd still have to go to her."

Reimu pulls out a black and white yin-yang orb with odd symbols where the dots would have been before kicking it into the air. "Keep her from diverting its course."

"I can do that." Sure enough, it feels like Komachi's trying to force the orb away, but with my abilities keeping it on track it isn't long before it starts herding her twoards us. It might take a while though...

"Ah! Hey! Stupid orb, go away!" Komachi's coming closer and swinging her scythe at Reimu's orb. "Kyan!" And then getting hit upside the head with it.

"That's good enough." Reimu pulled the orb back and declared a border of duel around myself, Komachi, and herself. I could'nt help but notice the large space we had to move around in, and that it included a fair amount of destructable objects that the shrine maiden likey wouldn't want to have destroyed.

Border Set

Duelists:
[Ferrywoman of the River Mist]
Komachi Onozuka

[Shrine Maiden of Paradise]
Reimu Hakurei

[?]
?

"Aw hell, I just want to get this over with! What's your deal shrine maiden?" Komachi has her scythe at the ready regardless.

"Gee, the collateral damage you're causing?" Reimu has the orb in hand again along with her gohei. Kind of makes me wonder just how many weapons she's going to use in this duel, seeing as I think she's also got those amulets and some red needles.

Of course, I can't help but wonder why I've got a question mark for a title and name, but I guess I just haven't declared one yet. Regardless, I pull out a large black scythe with a equally large crimson blade and briefly marvel at how anyone, let alone a normal human can carry it.

First choice:
[X]Collaberate with Reimu, this'll end sooner if we work together.
[X]Take on Komachi solo, this form shouldn't need support.
[X]See if I can't get Yukari to help.
[X]Actually, see if I can't disengage from the duel. I'm not sure what Reimu's policy on friendly fire is.
[X]Try to talk Komachi out of this while we fight, or at least get her to answer some questions. (specify)

[X]Screw it, transform into something else. (specify)

How to approach the duel?
[X]Go all out and hope this ends quick.
[X]Moderate your energy usage.
[X]Hold back since there's a few things that belong to Reimu in the duel area...

[X]Write-in
>> No. 27943
[x] Collaborate with Reimu, this'll end sooner
[x] Moderate your energy usage.
>> No. 27944
File 125711175754.jpg- (35.10KB , 347x789 , death_2.jpg ) [iqdb]
27944
[x] Collaborate with Reimu, this'll end sooner
[x] Moderate your energy usage
[x] Come up with a title you lazy shapeshifter you.
>> No. 27945
[x] Collaborate with Reimu, this'll end sooner
[x] Moderate your energy usage.
>> No. 27946
[0] Collaborate with Reimu, this'll end sooner
[1] Moderate your energy usage.
>> No. 27947
[X]Collaberate with Reimu, this'll end sooner if we work together.
-[x] If that fails, call in Yukari's support.

[x] Hold back as to minimize damage to Reimu's belongings

We can ask after she's been beaten. Apparently she was persistent enough to attack the Hakurei Shrine. (She forgot what happens when you mess with Reimu's shrine.)

I'm trying to understand voter's logic as of late.

First it's Sanzu, then running back to the shrine, now it's "Oooh a Coin, Komachi fightan time!"

Is there some inability to make up your mind?
>> No. 27948
[x]Finish it in one blow, Demonforce
>> No. 27949
>>27948

Are you sure that won't affect Reimu or her shrine? Since if the shrine gets wrecked, she will go incident resolving on Wade's ass. And trust me, only an Oni or a half way serious Gap Youkai can handle that.
>> No. 27950
[x] Collaborate with Reimu, this'll end sooner
[x] Moderate your energy usage.
>> No. 27951
>>27949
I invoke Rule of Cool.
>> No. 27952
[x] Actually, see if I can't disengage from the duel. I'm not sure what Reimu's policy on friendly fire is.
>> No. 27953
>>27951

I don't think her shrine has that much protection, and if it was any other locale, I wouldn't care, mainly due to the fact that whoever lives there wouldn't get as pissed as Reimu does, and we have plenty of reasons to fear her (She can banish us for one)
>> No. 27954
[x] Collaborate with Reimu, this'll end sooner
[x] Moderate your energy usage.
>> No. 27955
>>27953
I think the trick would be to wait until the opposition caused enough collateral damage for Reimu to decide that the immediate wasting of the cause would outweigh the additional damage. Though Demon Force might be a bit much anyways.

And yes, pissing off Reimu enough can result in bad ends.

---

[X]Collaberate with Reimu, this'll end sooner if we work together.
[X]Moderate your energy usage.

"Any ideas?" I ask of the shrine maiden.

"Just kick her ass while not hurting each other." Reimu already kicked the orb twoards Komachi before hurling homing amulets and needles. The latter of the two projectiles bounced off solid surfaces.

"Winging it huh? Alright then Komachi, let's dance. I hope you know the steps!" You know, if I'm going to look and sound like Gig, I might as well fight like him too. Well, sort of. Gig doesn't have much in the way of projectiles aside from Demon Force, but I get the feeling the attemtion of Reimu's ire would shift over to me if I used it carelessly. I do happen to think of something; A makeshift black needle-like projectile that would hopefully stick to something upon impact.

"This oughta be interesting then, let's see how well you do!" Komachi brought her scythe around to parry mine, which I in turn brought the other end around to try and strike her in the chin. This managed to miss when Komachi manipulated the distance between me, herself, and those prjectiles, which put me in the firing line instead of Komachi. Time to move I think.

Reimu was slowly filling the duel area with all sorts of projectiles, the large yin-yang orb among them, bouncing around and erasing the coins Komachi happened to throw. No battle banter, just concentration on doing what she does best.

Still, I wonder... I wait until the large orb flys by before giving it an experimental whack with my scythe, which caused it to shoot off in the direction I hit it. "Hahahahahahaaaa! Man, this is like a messed up game of baseball!" Soon I was whacking the orb around in an attempt to hit Komachi instead of Reimu. I saw the shrine maiden shrug when our eyes met before she focused on getting more projectiles into the arena. Though I could swear I saw a spellcard in her hand.

"Huh? Hey, if you can do it, so can I!" Komachi swung her scythe at the orb...

"Look, a shooting shinigami! Better make a wish!" I couldn't help but laugh as Komachi was sent sailing from the amount of force I had somehow put into the yin-yang orb. And- oh yeah, distance manipulation.
Komachi brought down a large beam of energy with a downward scythe strike, nailing me at full force. Needless to say, it hurt. "Why did I not see that one coming?" And upon closer inspection of the ground I saw that Komachi had left an impact crater from her attack. "Hey, Reimu, is this chick paying attention to the spellcard rules? I'm pretty sure danmaku doesn't make craters."

"I don't know, and I'm a little busy!" Reimu was now directing the various projectiles to strike at Komachi, who had swapped positions with me just as the volley reached her.

"Oh, for fu-" Was all I got out before a fair few of Reimu's projectiles hit.

[X]This isn't working, change form. (specify)
[X]DEMON FORCE.
[X]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[X]Write-in strategy.

---

I am of the personal belief that distance manipulation can be used for more than just crossing great distances quickly.
>> No. 27956
Oh, RIM, you're finally coming around.

[x] Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[x] Enjoy the show for a bit before using:
[x] DEMON FORCE. Just take out the whole damn arena.
>> No. 27957
[X]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[x] Maintain focus despite what we might see: Red Forests and peaks that can rival the Himalayas.

This I've got to see, that and she should be stunned enough for Reimu to finish the job.
>> No. 27958
[X]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[x] Maintain focus despite what we might see: Red Forests and peaks that can rival the Himalayas.
>> No. 27959
[X]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[x] Maintain focus despite what we might see: Red Forests and peaks that can rival the Himalayas
[x] I must not have a boner. A boner is the mind-killer. A boner is the red white-miko that brings total obliteration. I will face my lust; I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has subdued I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the lust has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain... hopefully.
>> No. 27960
>>27959

I don't think Reimu would blame us for having a boner, she'd blame us if we lose focus and ruin things.

Who knows Aya might be near by to take the pictures for prosperity.

Just my take; though Yukari might tease us about it or perhaps show us a use for border manipulation. (She could most likely become a loli if she wanted to)
>> No. 27961
[X]DEMON FORCE.
>> No. 27962
[x]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[x] Maintain focus despite what we might see: Red Forests and peaks that can rival the Himalayas.
>> No. 27963
>>27960
Don't forget that this Reimu has Parsee-level jealousy.

[x]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[x] Maintain focus despite what we might see: Red Forests and peaks that can rival the Himalayas.
>> No. 27964
[x]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[x] Maintain focus despite what we might see: Red Forests and peaks that can rival the Himalayas.
>> No. 27965
>>27963

Dunno about that, the reason why Reimu spazzed out at lunch the other day was Yukari being herself. So far she made no remarks in the romantic matter so far.
>> No. 27966
I figured the distance manipulation vote would win. Though I have to wonder how many others have thought of it on their own.

Vote called, writing now. Hopefully.
>> No. 27967
>>27966

None really, but a genius idea. I do like the second part referencing peaks that rival the Himalayas
>> No. 27968
[X]Use distance manipulation to make her panties and sarashi fall off. Let's see her fight without modesty!
[X]Maintain focus despite what we might see: Red forests and peaks that can rival the Himalayas.

Reimu's 'little' barrage caused me to crash down onto the stone tiles, and there I lay for a few moments before coming up with a rather perverted, but effective idea.

Okay, I've had it up to here with your distance manipulation shinigami, and so I'll cheat a little while Reimu keeps her distracted. And by 'distracted' I mean firing so many projectiles at her that the only reason Komachi's still standing is because she's busy forcing it all away. Which means she's far too busy to do anything about my next move.

"K- Kya?!" Komachi's sarashi must of forced her down about a cup size prior to my helping hand, and a pair of red painties fell off her legs, causing Komachi to snatch at them in a panic before realising her mistake. Her eyes widen in a combination of shock and realisation, on top of her reddened face that only served to make her look strangely cute.

Regardless, Reimu gave off a low whistle. "I always thought you just wore a bra or something." Sure she's unrelenting, but everyone has time for battle banter.

"Wait a tic, what am I getting so worked up about? I can just-" Komachi tried to cover herself with distance manipulation, but I'm actively cancelling that out while sitting up out of Reimu's way. "You're not gonna drop it are you?" To my suprise Komachi only seems mildly annoyed instead to flying into a rage or trying to cover herself up. More like a calm acceptance than anything else.

"And miss a show like this?" Still, there's one more person, or rather at least two who might not mind a peek. I pull out Yukari's card gap. "Hey Yukari, come take a look at this."

"Mmmf..." Yukari must be waking up since she's looking at me with sleepy eyes. "What?"

"Wake-up call." I turn the gap so Yukari can look at Komachi's impressive peaks. Too bad I can't give her a lower look right now.

"Oh my." She must be speeding up the wake up process now. "I really do need a nice photo of this later."

"What? Yu-Yukari? What are you-?" That doesn't sound like Yukari, or even Ran... More like-

"Aya, do me a favor and take a few photos of that please."

"Eh? She's that big?" I saw Aya's camera stick out of the gap along with the telltale click of a picture being taken. "The shinigami's got to be making a record here!"

"No photos!" Komachi almost brought her scythe down on my fun if it wasn't for a seven hit combo preformed by Reimu. "Oh no..."

Komachi's spell shield broke almost instantly upon Reimu's use of Fantasy Heaven, and it launched the reaper forward over our heads, resulting in Yukari sporting a small nosebleed and Aya taking as many photos as the magic camera would allow in such a blinding timeframe.

"Duel end." Reimu gave a command that caused the duel border to fade. I guess she must not only be able to declare duels whenever she wants but can also cancel duels that are already in progress.

"Kyaaaaaaan..." Komachi made a drawn out sound that was almost erotic in nature before shifting herself up and depriving the perverts, myself included, of any further viewings of her uncovered crotch. She sighed before speaking. "You do know that this is pointless right? I'm trying to make this as easy on you as possible."

"This is Higan you're talking about, you can't really blame Wade for not wanting to get involved in their politics." Yukari is now about halfway out of her gap, clutching a red-faced Aya to her soft body.

"But if he waits until he wakes up it'll just be worse. He'd have to deal with both my boss and the North America Yama at the same time, and he wouldn't have any power at all." Komachi recalled her lost panties and wrappings to her hand as she spoke.

"You were going to get beaten up for cracking those stone tiles anyways." Reimu added in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yeah, but..." Komachi's looking at me now.

"Are you done yet?!" Oh, for the love of Shinki... "Where's my sword?!"

If Reimu looked angry before, then Tenshi's expression must be 'pissed off'. She also has a few collars this time so she must be pretty confident that she'll win. "What do you want?" And I am in no mood to deal with this.

"My sword, and you!" Tenshi crossed her arms while scowling. My gaze met Iku's as well, who in turn gave an apologetic look for Tenshi's behavior.

"Nyahahaha~ A celestial usin' my line? That's new." Suika came out of the shrine in a drunken walk, walking headfirst into one of the support beams.

[X]Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[X]On the condition that Yukari is there as well.
-[X]On the condition that I get to sit in her lap for the voyage, but I don't need to say that here.
[X]Tell Yukari to make room for me, and grab Nari. This is just too much right now.
[X]"Well why didn't you say so?" Directed at Tenshi. Hug her, do affectionate things to throw her off.
[X]PAWNCH. Tenshi's face.
[X]Have Suika merge that big fragment into my body.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 27969
[X]Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[X]On the condition that Yukari is there as well.

Might as well get it over with then.
>> No. 27972
[x] Have Suika merge that big fragment into my body.
[x] Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[x] On the condition that Yukari is there as well.
>> No. 27973
>>27971
I never intended the condition subvotes to be mutually exclusive seeing as I originally planned to have Yukari gap herself directly to Higan.
>> No. 27974
[x] Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[x] On the condition that Yukari is there as well.
>> No. 27975
[x]if said big fragment is floating about freely, have Suika merge it before the trip.
[x]Kindly ask Nari to wait here... and perhaps play with Aya some more!
[X]Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[X]On the condition that Yukari is there as well

Well I'd try for Komachi's lap, but not sure how things stand after requesting Yukari being there. Oh well I'm sure Yukari could border manipulate herself to anysize she wants.

That and we should assure Nari before we go and remind her of Aya being around to play with.
>> No. 27976
[0] Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[1] On the condition that Yukari is there as well.
>> No. 27977
[x] Have Suika merge that big fragment into my body.
[x]Kindly ask Nari to wait here... and perhaps play with Aya some more!
[X]Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[X]On the condition that Yukari is there as well.
Wade knows shit about the Yama justice, so bringing Yukari along is a good idea.
>> No. 27978
[x] Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[x] On the condition that Yukari is there as well.
>> No. 27979
[x] Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[x] On the condition that Yukari is there as well.
>> No. 27980
[X]Go with Komachi and get this over with.
-[X]On the condition that Yukari comes with you.

"Fine, let's get this over with." I start walking over to Komachi while keeping Tenshi's attempts to tackle me to the ground at bay via distance manipulation. "But on one condition."

"What's that?" Komachi gets up as well, being very careful not to jostle her dress top loose since it's still dangerously close to doing so. Though I can understand why she would wrap her breasts up like that, her outfit is too small in the chest area.

"Yukari comes with me." My condition doesn't even cause Komachi to raise an eyebrow in response.

"Well, that's acceptable. Yukari here does have influence in Higan thanks to her boundary manipulation." Komachi closes the remaining distance and takes my arm. "She'll have to gap herself there though, my ship really can't take more than two people safely and boss'll have my head if I end up dumping you in the river before she has her say."

"Before we go, I have one more thing to do." Komachi let go and told me to make it quick. I walk over to Nari so I can speak to her.

"You're crossing over?" Nari looked at me with a worried expression. Like with Tokiko a couple days ago it's almost enough to break my resolve then and there.

"Yeah, but I'll be back. So don't worry." Still, I pull the Bakeneko into a tight hug for a few moments before releasing her. Truth be told I'd rather have sex with her again before I go just in case I don't make it back, but there are people watching and this is holy ground. Meaning Reimu would beat me to a pulp if I'm lucky, castration if not.

One last exchange of looks and I go back to Komachi. "You might want to lose that form first." Oh yeah, I'm still Gig right now. Back to me it is. "Good. Boss won't be as likely to throw a fit about it if she doesn't see you in it when we get there. Oh, Yakumo? straight into the Yamaxanadu's side office, we aren't judging him today I don't think."

"Considering you'd have me to answer to if you did. I think I'll get there ahead of time..." Yukari fell back through her own gap and had it spit Aya out twoards Nari. The card itself returned to my pocket.

Komachi simply shakes her head. "The scary part is that she probably could make us answer to her if she gets angry enough... Anyways, let's get out of here before Chiko causes another incident." And before I can form a coherent thought we're at the Sanzu again, only this time Komachi's boat is nearby. "Well, you still have to pay the fee as much as you can. Hold still." Komachi takes my wallet out and holds it upside-down, but instead of Yen and dollars strange bronze, silver, and gold coins poured out. "And that isn't even all you've got. You really matter to people don't ya?"

"What is that?" Komachi hands me my wallet back before putting the pile of coins into a pouch. The fact that it doesn't get any more full tells me that she must be using distance manipulation to turn it into a bag of holding.

Komachi helps me aboard her boat before stepping in herself. "Your life's value. That's judged by how many people want you to return to life and how strongly they wish for it. You've got plenty of both from what I can tell. Hell, I might have helped pay for part of it." Komachi gives the boat a strong push off the shore and uses her scythe to paddle across. "You aren't dead though, but once you die for real that payment will count for your total. Huh, and this trip should be fairly short too since the Sanzu's thinner than usual. A bit deeper than average though... I wonder what your life must be like to make the Sanzu thin but deep."

"I wouldn't know what to tell you since I don't know how it works." This is getting steadily more depressing as we go along, and kind of unnerving since I thought I saw a giant rainbow trout swimming not to far from the surface.

"Well, distance is usually calculated by the sins of the deceased, and depth is calculated by unresolved emotions, usually things like grudges." Komachi turned to look at me for a moment while just letting the boat coast. Strangely enough it didn't lose speed. Was the paddling for show? "You don't look like the type of person to hold grudges, and yet the Sanzu's telling me you've got a couple, along with a few other unresolved issues. I won't pry if you don't want to tell me, but Shiki will."

"Shiki... Shikieiki? Is that a nickname?" I'm not sure I want to tell Komachi the more intimate details of my life, or at least no more than she already knows.

"Nah, boss' name is really Eiki Shiki, she just mashed the two names together and tacked her title on the end for a new last name." Komachi gave me one of those looks. "But you're dodging the question. Don't think I didn't notice that."

"I..."

[X]"...don't want to say."
[X]"...don't really trust you enough yet, we only just met."
[X]"...hope you don't mind a long story."
[X]Write-in
>> No. 27984
[x] "...hope you don't mind a long story."
>> No. 27985
[x] "...hope you don't mind a long story."

Makin' a big sis' machi~
>> No. 27986
[x] "...hope you don't mind a long story."
>> No. 27987
[X]"...hope you don't mind a long story."

After the story.

[x]"Sorry for making things harder for you for the most part. I hope we can get off on the right foot."

>Hell, I might have helped pay for part of it.

Sounds like she's rather fond of us. I'm thinking harem target, Yukari definitely approves, but it's the matter of Nari. (And Nari thought that Yukari was a booby monster)

but if that fails, (Very) Big sis Machi-Nee is a nice outcome as well.
>> No. 27988
[x] "...hope you don't mind a long story."
>> No. 27989
[0] "...hope you don't mind a long story."
>> No. 27990
[+] "...hope you don't mind a long story."

I see no reason why not; Komachi's a pretty understanding sort.
Also, if she got particularly stubborn, she could just not let us finish the boat ride until we spill.

Also also, cooperation might score us a few more "coins" from her. IfyouknowwhatImean.
>> No. 27991
>>27990

And it'll be interesting to see what's in Wade's heart. The bonding with Komachi is just a bonus. (looks like we might have to put off more Reimu bonding unless we find her in the real world)

After all Komachi took what happened recently very well, and the fact she was responsible for some of our coins speaks highly of that.

I must say: I do have a weakness for Komachi. I think at the moment she's my favorite Touhou (Laid back friendly personality in a cute amazon redhead with among the biggest set of peaks in gensokyo)
>> No. 27992
>>27987

Here, but add Before the story

[x] "Mind if I rested my head on your lap?"

Since if I knew she wouldn't hold a thing against Wade I'd have gone for the lap option.
>> No. 27993
[X]"...hope you don't mind a long story."

"...hope you don't mind a long story."

"Heh, long stories make things more interesting. Take as long as ya want." She really meant that too.

"My first problem is with my mother. She was a fairly nice person at one point but after her accident she wound up bed-ridden for a while. That wouldn't be a problem if she had put some kind of effort into getting better, but she just whines and complains about being sore all the time and never puts any effort into making herself better. On top of that she seems to think it's okay to treat others like they're beneath her and that the world should just be handed to her on a silver platter because she says so."

Komachi simply stayed quiet, nodded her head and gave her boat the occasional push to keep it going.

"And she is the single biggest pain in the ass I've ever met. She swears at me, calls me an idiot if I get so much as one thing wrong out of two dozen, treats me like a retard at times, sits around and complains about the job done even if she does jack to help, plus she can't even make up her mind half the time, so my dad and I both get yelled at for not knowing something she thought she told us even when she didn't. It's the reason I spend so little time at home. I just can't take it anymore."

"But that's not the only thing, is it?"

"No. There's a kid a few years younger than me who's a brat in every sense of the word. He steals stuff, hurts people because he thinks it's funny or will get him what he wants sooner. I don't even bother using his name. But I do have the police after him now, so maybe he'll get caught and locked up for a few years." Strangely enough, it felt good to have someone to tell all this to.

"I think that explains the grudges. Anything else?" I could see the shore behind Komachi now, meaning there wouldn't be much more time for talking like this.

"There's a couple things... girl problems." How I managed to say it with a straight face without blushing is beyond me. "First of all is a girl who's rather forward with me, forward enough to where I didn't know how to respond to her. I kind of distanced myself after our last date when she decided to introduce me to deep kissing. Not that I minded at the time but..." I kind of trailed off after that. I did have some feelings for Marine, and we both knew it. The problem was I didn't want to lose or alienate Naomi, and that I didn't want to have Marine and my mother meet any more than necissary. Seeing as Marine isn't afraid to speak her mind and that the last time they met I almost suffocated and went deaf.

"Heeeeeey, ya still there?" Komachi's waving a hand in my face and smiling. "Recalling a fond memory of the past huh? I can almost see steam coming off your head. We're here, so it's time to go meet the boss." Komachi then helped me off the boat and we-

---
Continuing this later
>> No. 27994
>>27993

Ah interesting, though at this rate, that problem would be avoided since Wade's going to end up going for Yukari. Yukari hasn't been the excessively controlling or smothering type (Though on a date, I think she wouldn't tolerate any interference)

Komachi is love though~
>> No. 27995
>>27993

The reason for our Hate Sign [Helldoken] has been discovered.
Unless there is something else that we missed.

The problem with mother will probably be easy to resolve. Just have Nari 'convince' her to get better. Or something similar. Maybe

The problem with THAT BOY on the other hand, will most likely be along the lines of This is the Final Boss. Go beat him up or something equally difficult.
>> No. 27996
Had the continuation all written up, hit the 'reply' button, and it went:

'lolcan'tfindserver'

Of course, that also meant I couldn't recover my update and now I have to write the whole thing over. It'll be another hour or two before I can get it written out again at the very least, barring THP crapping out on me again.
>> No. 27997
>>27996
Doesn't the Wii at least have copy-paste?
>> No. 28000
>>27996
Ouch.
>> No. 28001
>>27996

Sorry to hear that, but here's a mental picture to make up for it:

Wade and Nari using Yukari's breasts as pillows, and Yukari using Komachi's as pillows.
>> No. 28004
>>28001
And Shikieiki nearby, blushing and stammering and trying to lecture them all...
>> No. 28005
>>27997
No. The Wii doesn't even have that, which just goes to show you how much effort Nintendo actually put into this excuse of a browser.

>>28001
>>28004
Too bad I've already thought of it and have it mentally filed away for later. Though I'm wondering if anyone will spot the opportunity for a varient on that this update.

---

"Komachi, please give me some warning next time... It feels like my stomach tried to get off the ride halfway through." Distance manipulation is perfectly fine with me so long as I'm prepared for it, but this suprise distance manipulation is just something else entirely.

"Sorry about that, but I need to make up for lost time. We spent longer on the boat than we really should've. But don't go blaming yourself for that. Hey, hold still a sec will ya?" Komachi then scoops me up into her arms and starts carrying me bridal style. "I'd tell ya to keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times, but you're a bit big for that." She gave a grin and a wink before setting off again.

It's still possible to catch the briefest glimpse of Higan as we go, and I'm rather suprised at how it's structured. Though I'd have to come back for a closer look later I'm pretty sure that this is an even bigger mashup of cultural influences than any other place on the planet. Still, is was momentarily suprised by the sudden stop and the sound of Komachi's panting.

"Hah... Hah... Man, going that fast for so long is tiring... But on the flip side we're almost there, just up there and through those doors." Komachi turned her head to try to point at a staircase and a large double door. Her breathing returns to normal seconds later, which I guess is a perk of being death incarnate. A beautiful death incarnate.

Before I could pursue that train of thought any further I'm being whisked away again, up the staircase, through the doors, through a large entry hall, through a... cubicle farm? I'm not sure I want to know. I do miss the sudden stop though, we're now in front of an unassuming door in what I could only assume is Shikieiki's main office, judging by the nameplate on the desk and the paperwork neatly organized off to the side.

"Alright, down with ya. I don't want to give boss any more reasons to go off onto a lecture than there already are. Though if we're real lucky it won't be directed at any of us." Komachi set me back up on my feet before opening the door.

"Why's that?" Not the best way to have phrased it, but she should catch on.

"Simple, that other Yama's coming regardless. You're in both Shiki's jurisdiction and his." Komachi saw the both of us through before closing the door. Only then did the judge of paradise look up at us.

"Komachi, you're early. That's a nice change of pace." Shikieiki seemed to be looking over an open file folder that I couldn't read from here. "And Wade is in one piece as well."

"Aw, come on boss, you can't have that little faith in me!" Komachi took a seat next to her boss and I got a nice comparison of the two from my position. Komachi's tall and has a nice chest, though I find myself staring at Shikieiki's legs and face just as readily.

"Is there something you wanted to ask?" Busted. I feel my face heat up as I back away.

Right into a sleeping Yukari, who had taken up the couch behind me. "Mmm?" I felt Yukari grab my left leg from behind as she makes a little sleeping noise.

[X]Ask the Yama something.
-[X]The identity of the other Yama.
-[X]If she could explain why I need to be here.
-[X]Write-in
[X]I think I'd better free myself before it's too late.
[X]Save yourselves!

---
You are about to encounter my version of Higan's workings. No, there are no crossovers involved, only mythological judges of the dead.
>> No. 28006
[x]Humbly apologize for the difficulty you caused.
[X]Ask the Yama something.
-[X]The identity of the other Yama.
-[X]If she could explain why I need to be here.

Sounds good, and would Wade get a chance to explain himself?

Dunno what you mean by that... but it sound interesting to see if someone else might figure something out. Still we can hope for that in the future as well. Must add Komachi to harem for pillowy justice.
>> No. 28007
[x] Ask the Yama something.
-[x] The identity of the other Yama.
-[x] If she could explain why I need to be here.
>> No. 28008
[X]Ask the Yama something.
-[X]The identity of the other Yama.
-[X]If she could explain why I need to be here.
>> No. 28009
[0] Ask the Yama something.
-[1] The identity of the other Yama.
-[2] If she could explain why I need to be here.
>> No. 28011
[x]Humbly apologize for the difficulty you caused.
[X]Ask the Yama something.
-[X]The identity of the other Yama.
-[X]If she could explain why I need to be here.
>> No. 28012
[X]Ask the Yama something.
-[X]The identity of the other Yama.
-[X]If she could explain why I need to be here.
[X]I think I'd better free myself from Yukari's grasp before it's too late.

I think it will be a little hard to explain ourselves when we're within the valley of the Yakumo mountains.
>> No. 28013
[X]Ask the Yama something.
-[X]The identity of the other Yama.
-[X]If she could explain why I need to be here.
>> No. 28014
Hm. Maybe Wade somehow has an evil side running about.
>> No. 28015
>>28014

If there is, we are screwed.

Evil Wade + THAT BOY = Destroyed Gensokyo
>> No. 28016
[x] Ask the Yama something.
-[x] The identity of the other Yama.
-[x] If she could explain why I need to be here.
-[x] If the court of the dead have always been this pretty.
>> No. 28018
>>28015

More along the lines of THAT BOY is already the victim or byproduct of the evil side of Wade, but otherwise yeah. Bad juju.

Especially when you consider that there's also people doing what Wade is doing. And that more people might join in, without knowing of the possible side-effect. And that they had power even before doing so.
>> No. 28019
[X]Ask the Yama something.
-[X]The identity of the other Yama.
-[X]If she could explain why I need to be here.

"Now that you mention it, I do have a couple questions before this gets started." What I can't believe is that Shikieiki has basically kept herself unoccupied for this long. From what I heard I thought she was a complete workaholic.

"Certainly, I am fully aware that you wouldn't know much about Higan's workings." She scoots herself back over to her desk to lay her arms down on it.

"First, why do I need to be here?" Yukari started tugging on my leg, but I made no sudden movements since this can't be much different than quicksand.

"Fair enough. One of the reasons you are here is your existance as two entities. That in itself is not only unusual, but violates the natural laws since both the you here and the you within North America could become conscious simultaneously, yet act independant of each other. This places an even greater strain on your soul than your current arrangement and could result in further damage." The Yama was completely motionless aside from her mouth moving and her eyes keeping contact with mine. "The second is to determine how your soul was broken in the first place. While I could normally use my mirror to determine the cause of any event, it can only read what has been stored within the soul itself since it is also a record of one's karma. Since that fragment is missing, I cannot determine the cause through that method."

"So you're hoping I know something." This isn't exactly how I expected Higan to work. I still need to either put up some resistance or figure a way to slip out, seeing as I get pulled a little closer to Yukari every time. Not to my suprise I find myself tugged onto her, where she then starts adjusting my position to make a good body pillow. At least I didn't wind up face first in her cleavage this time, I can keep talking this way.

"More or less." A slight blush appeared on Shikieiki's face as she took on a barely detectable hint of annoyance, while Komachi looked like she's fighting back laughter. Do Yama get jealous? "Another reason is that some of your soul fragments have been ferried here and they need to be reintegrated to your soul before we can proceed, or before we can judge you when your time has come."

Yukari now has a nice tight grip on me with both her arms and legs, and now she's nibbling my ears softly. "Uh, one more question for now: Who's the other Yama that's coming here?" Don't get an erection here, that'll only make it worse...

Shikieiki opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by a rather odd man. "Someone who has been integrated into Christianity and stereotyped for god knows how long." A blonde man rolled into the room on an office chair, and stopped by putting a foot on the side of Shikieiki's desk. The man has bright blue eyes, a pair of glasses that actually fit the look, a white and gold shirt, pair of pants, mantle, and trenchcoat that have various religious symbol imagery embroided onto them. The only thing off about his appearance is the backwards baseball cap and the laptop in his lap. "Simon Peter, Judge of Faith."

"A normal entry would just kill you wouldn't it?" Shikieiki is trying her hardest to maintain composure right now, though given the spreading blush and increasingly irritated look told me that she may very well be striking people with her tag soon. Even Komachi is scooting away.

"When you've been doing the same thing for the better part of what, two, three thousand years, you tend to want to change things up every now and again. But if anyone should get mad here, it's me. First day off in a hundred years and I have to spend part of it doing this. Quite honestly I'd rather be reading this 'Dilbert' cartoon some of my Shinigami find so amusing." And either Simon knows just how far to push Shikieiki's buttons, or he's totally oblivious.

"Can... Can we get on with this then?" I'd rather not be lectured until I turn to dust from the sheer amount of time it would take.

"Yes. Let's." Maybe I can get out of this in one piece...

[X]Tell them your suspicions of Gengetsu.
[X]Ask if they could get on with putting you back together with what they have.
[X]Let them know about the residents of Gensokyo crossing the border in the same way I have.
[X]"You're not what I expected." Directed at Simon.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28020
[x] To the North American Yama "Far out, bro. Next you'll tell me how much you love surfboarding and Mountain Dew. How do you get taken seriously in that getup?"
[x] Ask if they could get on with putting you back together with what they have.
[x] Tell them you're doing your best to collect all of the fragments scattered across Gensokyo.
[x] Don't tell them about others crossing over; you'd rather this incident be settled peacefully. Besides, your "lawyer" is currently asleep and nibbling on your ear. Best not to incriminate yourself without her awake to intervene.
>> No. 28022
[x] To the North American Yama "I was afraid that you'd be some overly serious stiff with a George Washington hairdo, but it's great to see the Yama match the spirit of his area."
[x] Ask if they could get on with putting you back together with what they have.
[x] Tell them you're doing your best to collect all of the fragments scattered across Gensokyo.
[x] Don't tell them about others crossing over; you'd rather this incident be settled peacefully. Besides, your "lawyer" is currently asleep and nibbling on your ear. Best not to incriminate yourself without her awake to intervene.
>> No. 28023
[x] To the North American Yama "Far out, bro. Next you'll tell me how much you love surfboarding and Mountain Dew. How do you get taken seriously in that getup?"
[x] Ask if they could get on with putting you back together with what they have.
[x] Tell them you're doing your best to collect all of the fragments scattered across Gensokyo.
[x] Don't tell them about others crossing over; you'd rather this incident be settled peacefully. Besides, your "lawyer" is currently asleep and nibbling on your ear. Best not to incriminate yourself without her awake to intervene.
>> No. 28024
[x] To the North American Yama "Far out, bro. Next you'll tell me how much you love surfboarding and Mountain Dew. How do you get taken seriously in that getup?"
[x] Ask if they could get on with putting you back together with what they have.
[x] Tell them you're doing your best to collect all of the fragments scattered across Gensokyo.
[x] Don't tell them about others crossing over; you'd rather this incident be settled peacefully. Besides, your "lawyer" is currently asleep and nibbling on your ear. Best not to incriminate yourself without her awake to intervene.

Probably should find some way to get out of Yukaris grasp before she starts molesting Wade, that would make it very difficult to talk, now wouldn't it?
>> No. 28025
[x] To the North American Yama "Far out, bro. Next you'll tell me how much you love surfboarding and Mountain Dew. How do you get taken seriously in that getup?"
[x] Ask if they could get on with putting you back together with what they have.
[x] Tell them you're doing your best to collect all of the fragments scattered across Gensokyo.
[x] Don't tell them about others crossing over; you'd rather this incident be settled peacefully. Besides, your "lawyer" is currently asleep and nibbling on your ear. Best not to incriminate yourself without her awake to intervene.
>> No. 28026
[X]To the North American Yama: "Far out bro, next you'll tell me how much you love surfing and Mountain Dew. How do you get taken seriously in that getup?"
[X]Ask if they could get on with putting you back together with what they have.
[X]Tell them you're doing your best to gather up the fragments scattered across Gensokyo.
[X]Don't tell them about the others crossing over; you'd rather this incident be settled peacefully. Besides, your "lawyer" is currently asleep and nibbling on your ear. Best not to incriminate yourself without her awake to intervene.

Yukari's hand is starting to drift, but I'm just barely able to grab it with my own. This seems to placate her for now; perhaps long enough for me to talk to these people without any embarrassing interruptions. As such I turn my attention to Simon. "Far out bro, next you'll be telling me how much you love surfing and Mountain Dew. How do you get taken seriously with that getup?"

My answer comes in the form of an odd looking holy cross that doesn't look too dangerous, at least until he points it long end first at an old magazine and calls a beam of light to rain down and explode on it. "That's how. People don't mock firepower unless they're just as strong or incredibly stupid." Simon put the cross in a trenchcoat pocket...

...Just in time to be struck by an irritated Yamaxanadu. "Destroy your own office! Don't you have any respect for other people's property? Yama are above such wanton acts of petty destruction and yet here you are, doing just such an act to instill fear in others! We are supposed to be the uncorruptable force that guides and judges souls, not petty brutes! I-" Shikieiki's lecturing grows ever more off topic to the current situation, but it's like trying to stop a train once it's built up speed. It's just not going to happen.

"Mmmph... What time is it..." Yukari pulls a clock out of a gap and stares at it somewhat intently before putting it back. "I suppose I should wake up."

"Yes, please. And could you get your hand out of my pants? We're right in the middle of a meeting." I notice that her other hand had drifted into my boxers and that Komachi was staring right at us. Shikieiki on the other hand was still venting at Simon, who in turn seems to be completely ignoring her.

"Maybe~ Maybe I want to embarrass everyone here~" She reluctantly pulled her hand out regardless, choosing to turn me around so she can look me in the eye. "So, did I miss much?"

"Not really, just got a couple questions answered and ol' St. Peter's getting his ass chewed off for blowing up something in Shikieiki's office. So absolutely no forward progress." Still can't really move seeing as Yukari's got nothing short of a deathgrip on me, and as much as I'd like to just snuggle with her I do have other things to take care of. Such as getting celestial beurocracy to stop sucking long enough to get something done. So I shift around just enough to look at the two Yama. "Hey, can we please get on with this?"

"Eh? Oh, right. I suppose I should stop lecturing for now." Shikieiki had stood still upon remembering that there are other people in the room with far less time than her. "Yakumo, must you restrain him in such a fashion?"

"I suppose not, but it's boring sleeping alone." Is she flaunting our relationship?

"Look, can you just start putting my soul back together with what you have?" I have to thank my luck and curse it simultaneously since Yukari's showing no sign of letting me go any time soon.

"It's part of what we're here for." Simon starts pulling out fragments of various sizes, and Shikieiki does the same.

"You'll need to go immaterial for this to work without rendering you unconscious, so if you would be so kind..." Shikieiki starts walking over with a compressed fragment, but finds the loose large chunk and adds that before standing over me. I allow my body to cease having form to an extent, making my whole body look as though it were made of mist. "Ready?" I nod my head in response, and she shoves it in.

Okay, I thought those two knew what they're doing. I'm suddenly back in the border of dream and reality. A rather peeved angel girl is watching a few of the Harvesters float by, and notices me when they make a beeline for me.

"You. You're really starting to annoy me, popping in and out while altering things like you own the place." Gengetsu floats over to me, easily outstripping the Harvesters.

"It's not like I do this on purpose. I don't even know how I got here to begin with." I didn't feel like moving much, and it'd probably mess up the Harvesters lining up to put me back together.

"I wouldn't know one way or the other. And those little metal things flying around? The only reason I haven't destroyed them is because I figure the faster you get put back together the sooner I can kick you and your friends out of here for good." Gengetsu sits cross-legged just off to the side. "And those Yama are spying on this since it's suddenly convenient to them. They can do what they want, the sooner I can get you out of here the better."

"What's wrong with my existing here?" The Harvesters insert the crystal fragments and go off in search of more.

"Normally, nothing. But you're altering this place little by little, and those fragments are to blame. So all I can do is wait while other bits of you gather up the bits that alter the enviroment and put them back where they belong." Gengetsu gave off an annoyed sigh. "Now wake up, the next group won't be here for a while."

My vision goes to black, then to purple. A warm, soft purple.

"-going to render him unconscious you say, hah!" My hearing returns just in time to hear Yukari's voice. "You saw what that almost did! No way you three could have missed that!"

"Alright, we screwed up, now put him down!" That must be Simon.

[X]Mmmph.
[X]Tilt head, then talk. (specify)
[X]Make no attempt to remove yourself from Yukari's bosom.
[X]What.
[X]"Feels like someone tossed me through a rock grinder..."
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28027
[X]Mmmph.
Followed by:
[X]What.
>> No. 28028
[x] Mmmph.
[x] What.
>> No. 28029
[x] Mmmph.
[x] Turn head out of Yukari's cleavage
[x] What?

Dunno if we're going ahead telling them what we know of the land inbetween dreams world, but we have learned some more about it, basically Wade's fragments is messing up that place and perhaps is responsible for the others being able to do as Wade does.
>> No. 28030
[x] Mmmph.
[x] What.
>> No. 28031
[0] Mmmph.
[1] What.
>> No. 28032
Five unanimous votes, and I'm bored.
There's plot ahead too, something you've been ignoring pretty much the whole story.

---

[X]Mmmph.
[X]What.

I feel disoriented, and I also feel like I've been ground into gravel before being haphazardly put back together with glue that hasn't had time to set. I wanted to make the fact that I'm awake again known, but all I can accomplish is a muffled sound. "Mmmph..."

"Ah, you're awake!" Yukari held me up, and upon looking down at myself I saw something rather... disturbing.

It looked like someone had punched through a stained glass window, with fragments scattered across the floor in various small sizes. The stained glass window being my stomach, and the view inside me was certainly odd. A basketball sized chunk of soul that was alternating between black and white in color. It kind of looks like the Annihilator Beam item before you pick it up, or rather the central disk in orb form.

"Next time you want to help, ask first! You coulda shattered him!" That sounds like Suika.

"Wade, you can talk still right?" My attention goes back to Yukari, who looked concerned over my overall lack of motion.

"I can talk... What happened?" You know, two seconds of being a ragdoll and I'm already sick of it. I wish I could move my arms already.

"It seems we made a mistake." I could hear Shikieiki, but I couldn't quite turn to see her. "You are more delicate than we thought, but this does raise some questions."

"Hey Yukarin, set him down on the couch so I can fix him up already." Suika's gathered the various immaterial fragments and seems poised to start putting them back in. Once Yukari put me down Suika starts putting them back into place. "And don't even think about movin' till I tell ya." That last bit was obviously directed at me.

"Hmph, I thought Higan would have done some research before just jamming it in. It doesn't work for sex and it doesn't work here." An odd comparison, but that's Yukari.

"Ehh, boss, I told ya it was a bad idea..." Komachi must be getting closer as she speaks. "I only got a good look at his soul beforehand, and I told ya everything was messed up."

"Yes Komachi, Simon and I made a mistake." Shikieiki can't be happy about this turn of events. "That's why we're letting the oni handle it from here."

"Good thing too, some of his bits are hangin' by a thread!" She does seem to be working more around the more ruptured areas firs- holy, I didn't see that. How'd a stomach blow crack my arm that badly? "Sheesh, ya shoulda come see me first. I know your immaterial side inside and out seein' as I put ya together to begin with."

"I'm kind of curious what that second soul in his body is. It certainly isn't his, but it isn't dead." I still couldn't see anything but the ceiling in my position, but I could tell that was Simon.

"Think it's safe to check Suika?" Must be Komachi.

"It's still exposed and I'm here so it should be fine, but no touching." I could feel Suika restoring function to my arm as she spoke. "No talkin' either, not 'till I say it's okay."

"My mirror should be able to determine what that is without having to touch it." It sounds like Shiki's about ready to do something, but Yukari cuts her off.

"That would most likely be what's left of Hakurei shrine's spiritual power, or it's god. I'm going to have a little discussion about this with a certain oni when we get back..." Yukari's tone made Suika shudder momentarily.

"I told ya, I couldn't remove any of the fragments without damagin' 'em! 'Sides, there would've been fragments stuck to it anyways." Suika's now done with my right leg and moves to my head.

"But hiding it from me for so long? Reimu might be fine without her shrine's god, but that god's soul was to be used to ascend her to goddesshood should she not find a suitable husband or refuses my offer." Yukari, I both love and hate the mental image you just gave me. "It would have faded anyways in a few more years."

"Eiki, what are those two talking about?" I guess various judges only know what occurs in their reigons, otherwise Simon wouldn't have asked that.

"Refer to me by my name or title." Shikieiki responded rather coldly. "But what we are talking about is the great Hakurei spirit, correct?"

"Yes. Since it's in Wade, this is amusing, troubling, and interesting all at once." Yukari then sits on the couch seat that I am not occupying, though she doesn't look at me just yet.

"Okay, now you can talk." Suika starts patching up my stomach area. "Still can't move though."

"Wait, so that chunk of soul in me is essentially either the Hakurei bloodline's power or the god slash goddess of the shrine?" Facial expressions aren't out I hope.

"More or less. This just means I'll have to come up with a new plan B should Reimu not meet anyone worthwhile." Yukari seems to be thinking to herself now, but I really want some answers now.

"This doesn't have anything to do with my abilities does it?" I'd be rather pissed if the only reason I could preform magic or transform was because of something boosting me rather than my own growing abilities.

"Nah, that bit of soul's dormant. It couldn't affect anything even if Yukari wanted it to." Suika's work sped up a bit with the inclusion of numerous mini-Suikas. "Told ya before, aside from a very small part of it, it's all you so you've got nothing to worry about there."

"And I'm not suddenly going to turn evil, emo, angst ridden, or anything along those lines, right?"

"I doubt that'll ever happen, you've got a positive outlook on life." Suika's now taking a swig, so I guess the major work is done.

"So what happens now?"

"Absolutely nothing!" Yukari flashed a full smile.

[X]"Can we just go home already?"
[X]"Who knew I could get so broken up about soul restoration."
[X]"Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"
[X]"Wait, how is Suika surviving in Higan? Aren't living beings supposed to die upon arrival?"
[X]Write-in

---
I blame Monkey Island for the second option's wording.
>> No. 28034
[x] "Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"
[x] You'd like a tour of Higan, if that's not too much to ask.
[x] When you get some time alone with Yukari, ask her if it's alright not to mention that other people are starting to cross over.
>> No. 28035
[X]"Can we just go home already?"
[X]"I didn't think putting together my soul was that difficult..."
[X]"Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"
[X]"Wait, how is Suika surviving in Higan? Aren't living beings supposed to die upon arrival?"

If Wade gets some private time with Yukari:
[x] Thank her for that night with Nari, commending her on her selflessness.
[x] Ask her advice regarding revealing about the others crossing over, and what you've learned of Gengetsu's world.
[x] Ask about that offer she made Reimu, and perhaps ask Yukari for her opinion of Reimu. But remind Yukari that you're very fond of her.
[x] Catch her off guard with a half-serious remark about getting Komachi in our 'group'.

I wonder if Wade'd get any private time at all. And this is my shot at it.
>> No. 28036
[X]"Who knew I could get so broken up about soul restoration."
[X]"Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"
Things are getting interesting...

Also: purplething.jpg
>> No. 28037
[X]"Who knew I could get so broken up about soul restoration."
[X]"Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"
>> No. 28040
[X]"Who knew I could get so broken up about soul restoration."
[X]"Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"
>> No. 28042
[0] "Who knew I could get so broken up about soul restoration."
[1] "Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"
>> No. 28043
I take it that a lot of voters have school, or work. I haven't seen voting this slow for the better part of a month.

---

[X]"Who knew I could get so broken up about soul restoration."
[X]"Is this why the shrine always feels so dead?"

"Done and done! Alright, you can move now." Suika puts herself back together as she finishes up on me. "Now Yukari, I think I oughta go back before I just keel over and die, 'cause unlike the rest of you guys and gals I'm not protected or immune to the whole death maisma thing goin' on 'round here."

"Certainly Suika." Yukari opened up a gap beneath the oni while the latter of the two mentioned gave her farewell. "Now that this is all dealt with, shall we get dinner?"

"Eeesh, you mind boss? I had to skip lunch today." Komachi had taken a look at her pocket watch before saying that.

"Well, it doesn't matter what the rest of you are going to do, I'm getting some food." With that, Simon grabbed his laptop, sat in his chair and kicked off Shikieiki's desk to propel himself out of the office, somehow avoiding tipping himself over the doorjam in the process.

"All right, this meeting is adjourned. Now shoo, I have to clean this mess up before I leave." Shikieiki then got to work dusting away the charred remnants of that magazine Simon torched.

Yukari, Komachi, and I all exited the office. "Gonna just gap us to your preffered eatery?" Komachi spoke up first.

"Ufufufu~ So lazy~" Yukari opened a gap and jumped through it.

"No matter how many times I see it, I still get creeped out when she does that." Komachi steps through next, and I find myself being pulled through.

"Ow." Face first into the sidewalk. Wait, Higan has sidewalks?

"Ah, gotta go with the seafood joint don't ya?" That would be Komachi's voice, and sure enough I see her walk into the restraunt just as I pick my head up from the path.

"Tripped through did we?~" Yukari gives me a hand up before we entered the place ourselves. "I would have gone to that wonderful little ice cream and confectionary stand first, but that's more a dessert thing. And Ran would chew me out once I get a stomachache."

"At least you're being honest." Hah, I deny my face hurts! Though I do hope I'm not bleeding or something seeing as I was just put back together not too long ago. "Nice busy restraunt, the food's good here I take it?"

"If you like fish this is one of the better places to eat at." Komachi sat at one of the tables as she spoke.

"I can attest to that." That wasn't a voice I expected to hear.

"Hey, Kikuri! What're you doing here? I thought you still had work!" Komachi got up to hug her friend, which of course worked out better for Kikuri since she was a full head shorter than the busty amazon.

"Mmmph... Nnn... Ga-uhh!" Kikuri managed to move her head enough to let her breathe. "I finished work early, but I didn't think I'd run into you here. And certainly not with the Lady of Borders or Wade."

Now that I got a good look, Kikuri's wearing what must be her casual clothes instead of a uniform or just her undies. Both Kikuri and Komachi sat at a table with four seats with Yukari and I took up the remaining two. "My, you're a completely different person when you're not drunk." Yukari just had to open with that line, didn't she?

"Um, yes..." A light blush graced Kikuri's face as she looked over the menu. "I don't get too many opportunities to cut loose, so best to enjoy the ones you get right? Still, that doesn't really answer my question from before. What are you doing here?"

----

Continued later since I don't want to lose what I have. Don't worry, I haven't disregarded the vote.
>> No. 28044
But it looks like possible bonding with Komachi, always a good thing (I wonder if we get to vote on what happens there.
>> No. 28045
Looking forward for the next update RIM.
>> No. 28046
>I haven't seen voting this slow for the better part of a month.
Yeah, been busy. Gearing up for a LAN party soon.
>> No. 28047
Simon is awesome.
>> No. 28048
So I get the continuation all written up, and the site refuses to load. So I check an alternate link and the site works fine.
Turn around, update was eaten when I went back for it. Rewrote it best I could, then it went: 'lolcan'tfindserver'

And I've only just been able to access the site now. Of course, this happens to be after I don't allow myself to write anymore for the day because half asleep writer equals lower quality.

Trying again tomorrow, hopefully THP will stop being a faggot long enough for me to update.
Thank you for your patience.
>> No. 28049
Try writing it in Microsoft Word first, then copy-paste it on here. That way you don't lose the update when the site goes belly up.
>> No. 28050
>>28049
That would be quite handy if I was doing this on my computer instead of my Wii.
>> No. 28051
This is why wii can't have nice things.
>> No. 28052
>>28048
GODDAMNIT THP
>> No. 28053
Fourth time's the charm maybe?

Continuation from last story post...

---

"We were settling things with Higan before Higan tried to settle things with Wade." Yukari answered Kikuri's question after placing her order. "Though there was a mishap in the meeting."

"What happened?" Kikuri placed her order before asking another question.

"Boss didn't listen to me and wound up doing some damage." Komachi had also placed her order.

"Yeah, who knew I could get so broken up about soul restoration." I finished placing my order, and now there was nothing to do but chat and wait. Though that comment did earn a sharp rap on the head from the gap youkai.

"You know full well what that was for." Yukari seemed to be responding more to my expression than anything else. "But the result of Shikieiki's mistake was to be expected, seeing as she was basically dropping a bowling ball from twenty feet up into a box of sand."

"I haven't known the judge of paradise to make such a mistake before." Kikuri had closed her eyes and was thinking. "Was there anything foreign in the damaged soul?" And she was catching on pretty quick.

"Just a chunk of dormant spiritual power." Yukari's answer wasn't the whole truth, but if Kikuri caught on she didn't say anything.

"Oh, food's here." In fact, she let it slide so we could eat.

There was something I wanted to ask of the gap youkai in private, but I wasn't sure how to convey it. Regardless, she caught on and decided to have a private conversation in an unconventional way.

"Was there something you wish to ask?"

Yukari appears to be speaking directly into my mind now.

"Yes, I am. Now quit trying to tell things in a visual novel internal monologue, it's not like anyone can read this."

Ugh, fine... Next time I get called out on this it'll be a mind-reader who does it.

"Who knows? That depends on whether you head underground or not."

Is this a hint?

"Maybe~ Now, for that question before we're all done eating."

All right, I was wondering if that dead feeling haunting the shrine is the result of the chunk of spiritual power present in me being absent from the shrine for so long.

"I can't ignore the possibility. Perhaps you should visit more often to alleviate the problem."

Maybe...

"Ah, everyone's almost done. I'll let you go to alleviate suspicion."

And with that, Yukari's voice leaves my mind.

[X]If I am responsible for the shrine's dead feeling, I should do something about it.
[X]Request some private time with Yukari?
-[X]Is there anything I want to say to her? (specify)
[X]Didn't Yukari say something about an ice cream place? Dessert sounds good.
[X]Ask for Komachi to give the grand tour if she's got time.
[X]Write-in

---

This isn't quite how it was supposed to work, but after being forced to rewrite this one scene four times when I should only have had to do it once a lot of my fire went out.

Also, I can't help but imagine Wade transforming himself into Deadpool.
>> No. 28055
[x] Request some private time with Yukari?
-[x] Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), commend her on her selflessness.
-[x] Ask her how to perform a shikigami ritual.
-[x] Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[x] Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.
>> No. 28056
[X]Request some private time with Yukari?
-[X]Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), commend her on her selflessness.
-[x]Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[x]Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.
[X]If I am responsible for the shrine's dead feeling, I should do something about it

Shorter wall request.
>> No. 28057
[x] Request some private time with Yukari?
-[x] Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), commend her on her selflessness.
-[x] Ask her how to perform a shikigami ritual.
-[x] Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[x] Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.
>> No. 28058
[0] Request some private time with Yukari?
-[1] Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), commend her on her selflessness.
-[2] Ask her how to perform a shikigami ritual.
-[3] Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[4] Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.
>> No. 28059
[x] Request some private time with Yukari?
-[x] Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), commend her on her selflessness.
-[x] Ask her how to perform a shikigami ritual.
-[x] Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[x] Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.
>> No. 28060
[X]Request some private time with Yukari?
-[X]Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), commend her on her selflessness.
-[x] Ask her how to perform a shikigami ritual.
-[x]Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[x]Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.
[X]If I am responsible for the shrine's dead feeling, I should do something about it.
[X]Didn't Yukari say something about an ice cream place? Dessert sounds good.
[X]Ask for Komachi to give the grand tour if she's got time.

Adjusted my vote some, but I think we might have time for this, that and a bit of rest wouldn't be bad, and why pass up a possible tour from Komachi, since it's not often someone living ends up in Higan.
>> No. 28061
[x] Request some private time with Yukari?
-[x] Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), commend her on her selflessness.
-[x] Ask her how to perform a shikigami ritual.
-[x] Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[x] Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.
>> No. 28063
File 125755380997.jpg- (153.90KB , 348x386 , 1206113942476.jpg ) [iqdb]
28063
So, I've been trying to catch up with this story for a while now. Got to the scene at the end of thread 3...
...does no one else find that whole thing to be rather... jarring. Maybe I just don't get it, or maybe I had Wade figured out wrong, but that whole scene just doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the story at all, at least up until that point.

I mean, there was an established story with a certain pace and direction, and a relatively established protagonist with a certain character, and within a few updates all of it seems to be turned on its head. It's jogged my suspension of disbelief and I'm struggling to find the motivation to read on from it.

What the hell happened back then?
>> No. 28064
>>28063

People change, not to mention that party was assisted by sake adn Koishi reducing everyone's inhabitions.

That and the slow 'corruption' of Wade by Yukari.

That's my best guess. I'm just enjoying the ride
>> No. 28065
>>28063

People change, not to mention that party was assisted by sake adn Koishi reducing everyone's inhabitions.

That and the slow 'corruption' of Wade by Yukari.

That's my best guess. I'm just enjoying the ride
>> No. 28066
>>28064
>Koishi reducing everyone's inhabitions
Ok, I don't think I've gotten to that bit, which would probably help.

Even so the whole thing seems pretty wrong, would I miss much by skipping the scene and just pretending it didn't happen?
>> No. 28067
>>28066

That was implied and very likely considering everything that was going on and how Reimu did nothing to stop it. Next morning, a hungover now unaffected Reimu was not in a good mood afterwards.

Well it does mark a bit about Wade becoming less reserved, but the whole party doesn't exactly affect much in the way of the bigger picture other than Wade finding... interesting uses of his transformations. Since the scene at the end of the party (start of thread 4 or so) is just a one night thing.

I think the reason why he avoided sex with Marine is that she'd most likely be very clingy and controlling.
>> No. 28068
>>28067
Maybe it's just because I'm reading it much faster than the story was originally written. The transformation is mindbogglingly fast when it's just laid out for you like that, and the story became so overtly explicit in a matter of a couple of hundred words I was left pretty stunned by it.

I might come back to it in a couple of days when I get over it but I don't think I can keep reading it right now.
>> No. 28069
>>28063
I let anon do a write in and they decided Wade needed to get laid once they figured out there were oni and Koishi involved. And I'm pretty sure I spelled out the fact that Koishi was largely responsible for the shrine party afterwards.

Still, I haven't intentionally done anything like that since so I hope you will give the rest of it a chance.

>>28067
Well, that's little more than a guess on how Wade and Marine's relationship works, and anon hasn't exactly explored her much.

----

[X]Request some private time with Yukari?
-[X]Thank her for the other night (The one with Nari), and commend her for her selflessness.
-[X]Ask her how to preform a shikigami ritual.
-[X]Tell her about what you learned while you were out cold and ask her if you should reveal that or the others being out in the real world at all.
-[X]Ask Yukari for her opinion of Komachi.

Komachi wound up paying for the whole thing, waving off the offers to pay for the food or to split the bill by saying she has nothing short of a fortune in Higan's currency from her ferrying job. This either means she frequently ferries more valuable souls, lots of lower value ones, or has just been at it for that long. Still, I'm not about to beat down such things and as such allow the death goddess to pay for the meal.

"So, what's next?" The red headed amazon asked as we left the restraunt.

"Actually Komachi, I wanted to talk to Yukari alone. You don't mind do you?" I felt kind of bad for just eating and running...

"Nah, that's fine too." Komachi looked kind of sheepish upon saying that. "Tell you the truth I'm kind of slacking off right now, and I really should get back to work before-"

"ONOZUKA!" Well, Shikieiki is as good a reason as any.

Komachi visibly flinched at the sound of the smaller girl's voice. "Y-yeah boss?"

"Could you do me a favor and treat me to dinner?" Okaaaay, I must know jack about the judge of paradise then.

"'S that all? Of course I will!" Komachi took Shikieiki by the shoulder after that. "Heh, never thought I'd see her get like this around other people... Got to go for now, see you later!" And with that, the shinigami/judge duo walked off.

"Well then, I shall leave the two of you be then. I am glad to have seen you again outside of such a debaucherous setting." Kikuri gave a polite bow, which I returned.

"Then lady luck must have favored both of us today. I'm glad I found out you wear normal clothing." I caused Kikuri to throw me a small annoyed look, but I shrug it off.

"Hopefully we'll meet again, you seem quite interesting." Yukari opened a gap behind her, but I had to get one last shot in.

"And by 'interesting', Yukari means a new victim to molest." I felt Yukari pull me backwards into the gap as she exchanged a final farewell to the moon of hell.

I landed on grassy ground with a nearly full moon overhead, and had to guess that this is the Courtyard of Eternity since the moon and stars are visible.

"Really now, warning her off me like that." Yukari decided to sit on me upon descending through her gap, though it didn't feel like she weighed anything. "Not that it'll help if I ever get serious~"

"No, but now she knows the truth!" Yukari started moving her hand along my body in response to my statement.

"I might just have to 'borrow' Tenshi's books on the subject if you keep this up."

"Alright, I'll stop." Of course, the gap youkai wouldn't make it that easy to slip out from under her, would she?

"But you've got me started~" Yukari starts straddling me as she speaks. "But I imagine you wanted to continue our conversation from earlier now that there's no interruptions."

"I do. First, I wanted to thank you for the room earlier today, and for letting Nari and I use it for such things." I rest my head on my hands so I can look at Yukari more easily. "Especially considering the fact that it looked like you wanted my first. That was selfless of you."

"I'll have to make up for it by being selfish later, not that you'd mind I don't think." Suprisingly enough there's a light blush to her face now. "And when the both of us are well and truly ready... I don't want to force your hand."

"I look forward to it." I feel my face growing warm too... Without any doubt about it, I'm falling for her. "Ah, before I forget, how do I preform a shikigami ritual?"

"Oh? Yes, I did make mention of the fact that a contract between you and your bakeneko would be a good idea." Yukari put a hand to her chin in thought. "I think I'll either walk you through it personally or give you the book I learned it from. Either way is fine by me."

"Thank you." You know, I'm starting to wonder if Yukari is thinking about having me repay all these favors. Eventually I'll have to do something for her in exchange before she gets any more strange ideas in her head. Well, I decide to cut her off anyways. "I was also worried about something."

"What?" I think I just ruined the mood or something, but going at it in another family's courtyard is hardly appropriate.

"I found out that some fragments located within the border of dream and reality are starting to alter things there. I was aslo wondering if it's okay to relay that, and the fact that people are crossing over to the outside from this end."

"Well, that's news to me. It means we may have to go there sometime soon to deal with it, especially if there's a chance it's making it possible for others to go Outside. Eventually one of them would be found out and that will lead to a mess I have no interest in letting happen."

"I know. But do you think Shikieiki could help with that?" I look up at the gap youkai again.

"This is your personal buisness Wade, Higan would not respect that. We're better off sweeping this under the rug as best we can." Yukari must trust beurocracy about as much as I do. Which is to say not at all. "I trust Shikieiki, I don't trust the system she is bound to. And unfortunately, the system comes first."

"So no telling her."

"I'd prefer it if you didn't."

"One more thing, what's your opinion of Komachi?" I really hope she doesn't take this the wrong way.

"Wade... Don't tell me that shinigami's got your heart wrapped up between her breasts! Or did you just give her a piece?" Yukari's tone is teasing, which I hope is a good sign.

"It's my personal goal to create a harem with you as the lead girl." I make sure to tease her right back for her comments.

"Ah, so many theives running around! Stealing one another's hearts until each belongs so thoroughly to the other that they accept each other, and even rivals fall in love with each other!" Yukari's now playing up the dramatic aspect, but the scary part is that she sounds half serious.

There's still a couple hours... What to do?

[X]Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?
[X]Go to the shrine.
[X]Ask Yukari if there's anywhere she wants to go.
[X]Maybe I should suggest something... (Specify)
[X]Where's a good place for dessert?
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28070
[x] Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?
>> No. 28071
[x]Explain to Yukari how well Komachi took everything (very well) and you figured that she'd make a splendid pillow for Yukari's naps.
[x] "One of these days, I'll take up those suggestions."
[X]Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?
[x] Go the shrine. About about an hour or 1.5.

Some quality time with Yukari then checking on the shrine to see how Reimu and Nari are doing.
>> No. 28072
[x]Explain to Yukari how well Komachi took everything (very well) and you figured that she'd make a splendid pillow for Yukari's naps.
[x] "One of these days, I'll take up those suggestions."
[X]Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?
[x] Go the shrine. About about an hour or 1.5.

The shrine maiden should hear Wade's suspicious.
>> No. 28073
[x] Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?
>> No. 28074
[0] Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?
>> No. 28075
[x] Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?
>> No. 28076
[x] Ask Yukari if there's anywhere she wants to go.
[x] Alternatively, you'd just like to spend it snuggling with Yukari. When's the last time I got to do that?

>[x] Where's a good place for dessert?
I hope I'm not missing a subtle hint, here.
>> No. 28077
[X]Spend it snuggling with Yukari, when's the last time I got to do that?

Now that the buisness of the day is dealt with, I have one more important matter to take care of. One that involves the gap youkai on top of me.

"C'mere you." I lean up and pull Yukari down on top of me, something she hardly resists considering she repositions herself so that she can rest her head on my chest.

"Well, I'm not about to complain about this little turn of events." Yukari tilts her head ever so slightly so she can look at me. "Just snuggling with one another fo a while..."

"Shh." I hold her tight, and Yukari responds by tightening her grip as well. There's no need for words right now as we hold each other in an embrace that would most likely be suffocating me if I was human. Well, human as in my flesh and blood body that's currently asleep in a hotel room Outside the border.

This continues for about an hour or so before a nagging thought in the back of my skull gets too strong to ignore, at which point Yukari noticed. "Is something the matter?" She asks.

"I think I should go to the shrine soon. I had to leave Nari behind so I didn't get her caught up in Higan's politics." I felt guilty for not going back to her right away, she must be worried. But I can't just push Yukari away either.

"Ah... It's not good to abandon one's family, I understand." Yukari starts to pull away, but I pull her back. There's one more thing I want to do. "Ara?" That cute, suprised face of hers need attention.

I lock lips with Yukari for the second time and though she tries to resist at first she only puts up a weak fight. Before long she's returning the favor with enthusiasm, licking my lips and making it known that I wasn't going to move until she's done. I push my tongue past her lips and start playing with hers, and it turned into a little arguement about who's tongue would follow, but the result was nice either way. Though I suspect the only reason we parted a couple minutes later was because Yukari needed to breathe.

"My, what a naughty boy you are~ Keep this up and I might just spirit you away anyways." She's dead serious despite her tone. Do I really mean so much to her that she's willing to disregard my wish to choose on my own? She opens a gap under us that takes us to the Hakurei shrine. Though I have to question wether she was paying attention to where she gapped us to, considering there's a miko tripping over us.

"Reimu~" Yukari grabs the miko and pulls her into a three-way hug between us.

"Wha? Oh, I thought it was a shade too quiet around here. Any particular reason I'm sandwiched between a hard thing and a pair of soft things?" Reimu's comment caused a small amount of confusion seeing as I... Okay, that kiss must have been arousing then seeing as I wasn't hard before.

"'Cause I'm gathering a harem on the side!" Suika stands tall over the three of us, metaphorically of course, with a triumphant smile on her face.

"Are you still going on about that?" Reimu seems slightly annoyed by all this, but doesn't bother to move from her current postion.

"Yup!" Suika pulls out a piece of paper and a pen, then starts drawing lines across it. Only when she turns the list to us do we see that it's a list of names. "My newest side project between puttin' Wade back together! Create Gensokyo's biggest harem!"

"Now what if I don't want to share?" Yukari pulls Reimu and I closer together in response.

"'S that a challenge?" That smile hardly left Suika's face.

"Maybe~" Yukari opened another gap and shoved Reimu and I through it.

And we both landed of a bed in another part of the shrine.

"I've gotten way too used to those two." Reimu gets up and off the bed. Now that I think about it, I thought she'd be all sorts of pissed off. I guess she really is that tolerant of people. "Come on, you're not using my bed." She then drags me off the bed before making me stand up as well. "And go tell your Bakeneko that you're okay. She's been driving me up the wall the whole time you've been gone."

"She's always been like that. She hates it when she can't be where I am." I walk out the door and almost immediately get pounced to the floor by Nari, who starts licking my face and purring.

"Just don't yank each others pants down, if you do there'll be hell to pay." Reimu walks off and leaves me alone with Nari.

"Shall we find a place to snuggle and fall asleep?" Nari suprised me by saying that, but I wasn't about to refuse her.

"Alright, let's go then. And let's hope nothing happens to us overnight." I let Nari lead me along to a guest room.

"Why?" Is all she says in response.

"Because there's a gap youkai and an oni arguing about harems and who gets whom." I roll my eyes at the concept.

"Ah." Nothing beyond that, kitty?

We get ready for bed since we're both quickly becoming sleepy, and only manage to get on the bed before we fall alseep.

Day 7: Outside; Thursday.

I wake up with my face in Nari's bosom, which is a nice way to wake up all considering. Though there are a few matters that concern me now, such as that brat cutting into Nari, wether Nari's wound has healed or not, and how I'm going to explain to my parents why I didn't come home last night.

"Morning Wade." Nari gives a sleepy greeting as her eyes flicker open.

[X]Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[X]Go get breakfast.
[X]Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[X]Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28078
[x] Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[x] Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[x] Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[x] Go get breakfast.
>> No. 28079
[X]Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[X]Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
>> No. 28080
[X]Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[X]Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[X]Go get breakfast.
[X]Shower, change of clothes, ect.

Drats, we didn't get to explain to Yukari the interest in Komachi or respond to her remark.
>> No. 28081
[x] Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[x] Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[x] Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[x] Go get breakfast.
>> No. 28082
[0] Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[1] Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[2] Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[3] Go get breakfast.
>> No. 28083
[x] Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[x] Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[x] Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[x] Go get breakfast.
>> No. 28084
[x] Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[x] Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[x] Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[x] Go get breakfast.
>> No. 28085
[x] Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[x] Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[x] Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[x] Go get breakfast.
>> No. 28086
[X]Check Nari's slash wound, this'll be troublesome if it hasn't healed.
[X]Ask Nari if she's really okay since she took quite a few punches beforehand.
[X]Shower, change of clothes, ect.
[X]Go get breakfast.

"Good morning Nari." I shift myself upright so I can check something. Specifically the slash wound on Nari's arm.

"Hmm?" Nari didn't so much as flinch when I started pulling the gauze off the wound. "I don't think it's there anymore, doesn't hurt."

Sure enough, nothing but smooth, silky skin where there was a bloody gash before. I know she's a youkai, but I still felt the need to check to make sure she's okay. Speaking of which... "Are you absolutely sure you're okay? You took quite a bit of abuse yesterday and-"

Nari silenced me by putting a finger to my lips. "I'm fine, I heal faster than a human and that kid's punches were too weak to do much of anything to me." Just to prove the point she took her shirt off to show me the distinct lack of bruising.

"It's like last night never happened..." Resist dammit! Just because she's showing skin does not mean I have to imitate Yukari! "Anyway, I figure we should take a shower and eat breakfast before doing anything else."

"Sounds good." Nari pulls out a full set of her clothing, and I pull out a set of mine before we both entered the bathroom. I always did wonder why shower stalls always have room for more than one person, especially the one here. I guess it's for people like Nari and I who are intimate enough with one another that they're comfterble with the idea of bathing together, who knows?

Well, no matter the reason we're using it together anyways so there's no point in speculating the judgement call of the people who built this hotel. So we strip down and enter the shower stall after locking the bathroom door just in case any normal humans try to just waltz in, because Shinki knows it isn't going to stop a gap youkai.

"So what do you think happened to Eric?" Nari grabbed the soap first and set up a washcloth so I could use the bar.

"Him? Hopefully on trail, or in jail. Next time I see him I'm going to shove his head so far up his own ass he'll be able to taste his breakfast." Okay, maybe I'm not totally used to the idea of bathing with Nari, seeing as certain body parts are reacting to her motions, the water and soap sliding off her skin, the way her hair's laying when wet... Bad brain! You're supposed to stop that.

"Dunno, he's alway's gotten away before and his parents don't stop him I don't think." Nari's now cleaning her back off as best she could, but there are some things even a cat's level of flexibility can't achieve.

"I just don't understand how anyone could let their kid get like that." I start scrubbing her back for her in response to her struggle. "I also don't understand why that kid decided to hurt you like that, surely he's not murderous?"

"Dunno. Just hope he gets locked up before he does any more harm." Now she's turned around and is doing my back.

"Maybe. Hopefully. I don't want to see you get hurt like that again." I start cleaning the rest of my body as Nari works, occasionally having to remind her that I'm human and can't take quite as much force as I can while in Gensokyo.

It's not too long after that that we finish our shower and change into our fresh clothes, and then it comes down to where are we going to get breakfast. Since I only have so much money I doubt I can afford to purchase breakfast here at a five star hotel and as such get the duffel bag loaded up, zipped up, and ready to carry out into the city for a day that hopefully will involve less knife-weilding kids.

Stepping out of the hotel, still reciving not so much as a single curious glance in the process, we decide to go find a coffeehouse or a cafe of some kind since those usually have breakfast food of some kind, even if it's not the healthiest possible breakfast it's still something.

We find a cafe that seems good, since we can both smell the baked goods from well outside the building and head in to sate our hunger. Thankfully that's not too difficult.

Breakfast's eaten, what's next?
[X]Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[X]Go home to let the folks know I'm okay.
-[X]The park. One day in such a crowded city is enough.
-[X]Coastal town, I don't feel like doing much.
-[X]Just wander, maybe I'll find something interesting.
[X]See about checking up on Alice and Kogasa.
[X]Search for Reimu, maybe I'll get lucky.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28087
[x] Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[x] Coastal town, I don't feel like doing much.
[x] Search for Reimu on the way, maybe I'll get lucky.
>> No. 28088
[x] Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[x] Coastal town, I don't feel like doing much.
[x] Search for Reimu on the way, maybe I'll get lucky.
>> No. 28089
[x] Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[x] Coastal town, I don't feel like doing much.
[x] Search for Reimu on the way, maybe I'll get lucky.
>> No. 28090
[x] Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[x] Coastal town, I don't feel like doing much.
[x] Search for Reimu on the way, maybe I'll get lucky.

Time to bond with Reimu once we find her!

But I'm going to add this side note
[x] When next running into Yukari, explain reasons for my interest (Very nice easy going girl, and that even Yukari can't ask for much of a better pillow!)

Actually I think Ran's as pillowy, but she has stuff to do while Yukari's molesting and other fun stuff.
>> No. 28091
[0] Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[1] Coastal town, I don't feel like doing much.
[2] Search for Reimu on the way, maybe I'll get lucky.
>> No. 28092
[X]Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[X]Go home to let the folks know I'm okay.
-[X]Search for Reimu, maybe I'll get lucky.
>> No. 28102
You know, I thought I'd have something interesting to put here, but I don't.

----

[X]Unless it's been jacked again, I should still have my bike.
-[X]The coastal town, I don't feel like doing much.
[X]Search for Reimu along the way, maybe I'll get lucky.

Next order of buisness is to get my bike, which is parked next to the cafe? Yes Yukari, I owe you yet another favor. At the rate this is going... I'm not sure I want to think about it. Still, it's nice to have my usual mode of transportation once again.

"Where are we going today?" Nari climbs onto me once I've mounted the bike, and I'm starting to wish that I had found a nice out of sight locaton for her to change back into a cat. While the feeling of a girl hugging me from behind is nice, it throws off the balance some.

"Coastal town again." And I'm off, managing to avoid getting run over or running into anyone in the process. Of course, now that I think about it last night was also pretty lucky since the policeman forgot to ask me for my name and phone number, which might just make it so that they'll have to rely on dumb luck to track me down again if they want to get me involved in their buisness involving that kid.

Though that brings up some rather unpleasant thoughts, mostly in the form of what if he gets into Gensokyo and happens to have an ability similar to mine?
I shudder involuntarily at the thought. Now I need to get this incident resolved before he winds up there somehow, or Gensokyo's in for a world of hurt on a scale I doubt it's ever seen before. Of course, the best person to turn to for incident resolving is Reimu, and since she's supposed to be in the general area it means there's a chance I'll track her down! Or maybe she'll track me down, one of the two.

No sign of anyone who even remotely resembles Reimu so far, but I've got another fourty-five minutes of cycling to do before I reach the coastal town and even after I get there I've got plenty of locations to look through. I'm probably starting to look like a playboy or something to the locals though, since I've been friendly with four girls there so far, and if I find Reimu, it might wind up being be five.

I put on my MP3 player and keep going with relentless stamina.

And since I doubt anyone wants to read me rambling about various topics that may or may not interest anyone for another fourty minutes I'll go ahead and skip to the town.

"Sheesh... No one that even remotely resembles Reimu..." I'm a bit winded thanks to not taking any breaks, so I'm going to have to rest for a few minutes before continuing.

"Didn't see anyone either, certainly don't smell her." I told Nari to keep an eye out since she doesn't have to pay attention to the road or the drivers.

"So now we look around town and hope we run into her." Nari got off my back and I started walking the bike around. My legs still felt more like lead bricks than flesh and blood right now, but there isn't any time to waste.

"Is that her over there?" Nari points in the direction of Marine's shop, so I start looking that way too.

Sure enough, there's a girl who looks almost exactly like Reimu walking into Marine's shop, except her hair's not restrained by that hair ribbon so it goes down to her mid back, and... That's the only real difference in appearance aside from the clothes.

[X]Go find out if that's really Reimu.
[X]Maybe I should wait until she leaves the shop. (Specify what to do to pass the time)

[X]Write-in
>> No. 28103
[x] Maybe I should wait until she leaves the shop.
[x] Mmm, slushies.
>> No. 28105
[x] Maybe I should wait until she leaves the shop.
[x] Mmm, slushies.

Sounds good if we got the money for it, but trying to go into the shop with human form Nari would result in a massive mess, especially with Reimu there.

So it's better to wait for her to come out of the shop to talk with her.
>> No. 28106
[x] Maybe I should wait until she leaves the shop.
[x] Mmm, slushies.
>> No. 28107
[x] Maybe I should wait until she leaves the shop.
[x] Mmm, slushies.
>> No. 28109
[x] Maybe I should wait until she leaves the shop.
[x] Mmm, slushies.
>> No. 28110
[X]Go find out if that's really Reimu.
>> No. 28114
Mixing boredom and writefag is a bad idea kids.

----

[X]Maybe I should wait until she leaves the shop.
[X]Mmm, slushies.

You know, going into Marine's shop with a hot girl tagging along with me and a miko who knows me already inside probably isn't the wisest decision in the world seeing as Marine is somewhat... protective. I'm sure she'd calm down with time and a rational explenation but I'm kind of lacking a believable explenation. Even if I did tell her the truth.

Haha, that's a good one, tell her I'm half residing in a land of exotic magical girls and am currently dating a woman who makes reality her bitch as well as easily rivaling Marine's size while appearing a few years younger. So I think I'll wait for the miko to be done with whatever it is she's doing in there so I can avoid having to try and explain how I know a foreigner and when my cat became humanlike. So I decide it's time to go get slushies while we wait.

"If she's right there, why aren't we going in?" She's following me, but questioning it.

"Because I don't want to have to try and explain your becoming a Bakeneko and why I know a japanese miko. I don't want to get her wrapped up in this, she has a life here. Besides, she'd never let it go once she found out." There goes my 'Outside vs. Gensokyo' internal mental arguement again. On one hand, I've lived my whole life here on the Outside and have friends and family who care about me, and I care about them. Gensokyo, I've only been there for what, a year and seven days or so? But I have friends there too, I'm not helpless there either.

"But won't not telling make it worse if you leave?" And Nari's pointing out the one thing that'll do the most harm: Not telling anyone about it. Should I just dissapear without saying a thing, that's tantamount to suicide since the odds would be very good that I'd never see anyone from the Outside again. "Wade?"

I almost walked into a door since I was so deep in thought, the only thing stopping me was Nari tugging on me to stop my movement. "I'm fine Nari."

"That's a lie." And suddenly I'm face to face with her, her gaze causing me to unconsciously flinch away. "You're not fine. I recognise that look, it's when you don't now what to do." Why does she have to know me inside and out?

"I'll eventually have to make a choice Nari, abandon everyone on this side or abandon everyone on the other side. I don't know if it's possible to have both." Funny, Suwako was telling me to take it easy only a couple days ago, but how can I with such a huge decision looming overhead? It's the dark stormcloud off in the distance on an otherwise bright and sunny day that never lets you forget about it. You'll always worry about when it's finally going to blow your way and there's nothing you can do about it.

"C'mon, we're getting slushies right? Drinks first, talk after." Nari's now leading me into the store to get a couple slushies for the both of us. Odds are she'd wind up wanting to swap flavors anyway so there's no point in worrying about that.

Drinks in hand we leave the store and sit at a bench with a decent view of the area around Marine's shop while I silently hoped that the owner wouldn't be looking out the front window anytime soon, and that Reimu didn't leave while we weren't watching.

Though there is one thing I have to remember: I haven't lost anyone yet, and I hope I won't have to for at least a little while longer since I kind of enjoy my dual life. Normal human by day, shapeshifting dreamer by night, all without any apparent side effects aside from my soul getting shattered and scattered to the four winds. Plus the grumpy dream goddess who wants nothing more than to drop kick me out of her realm.

Five minutes pass, ten, fifteen... The drinks are gone by that time and Reimu still hasn't come out. There was one possible explenation I hadn't considered but should have thought of first seeing as both Kogasa and Alice were working jobs. People need money to live in the modern world so it'd only make sense that Reimu would seek work too right? There's just the problem of how I'd approach this...

[X]Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
[X]Time to kill time until lunch. Maybe I can get Reimu alone then. (specify)
[X]Find someplace quiet to see if I can contact Yukari, maybe get her advice on the matter.
[X]I'm pretty confident this is where she's working. I'll come back during the weekend to talk to her.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28115
[x] Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
-[x] Have Nari switch back into a cat before though. We don't need more misunderstandings.
>> No. 28116
[X]Find someplace quiet to see if I can contact Yukari, maybe get her advice on the matter, and possibly a bit of Recon.

Some advice wouldn't hurt, that and if she's woken up I'm sure telling her Reimu has been found out there would be interesting to Yukari.
>> No. 28117
For Nari to change, we'd need to find a place without observers...
>> No. 28118
[x] Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
-[x] Have Nari switch back into a cat before though. We don't need more misunderstandings.

>>28117
Pfft, who'd believe the observers? They'd blame it on heatstroke.
>> No. 28120
[x] Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
-[x] Have Nari switch back into a cat beforehand, though. We don't need more misunderstandings.

Agreed.
>> No. 28121
[x] Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
-[x] Have Nari switch back into a cat before though. We don't need more misunderstandings.

>>28117

It's not impossible for Wade to move behind a building and have Nariko change there.
>> No. 28122
[✠] Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
-[✠] Have Nari switch back into a cat before though. We don't need more misunderstandings.
>> No. 28123
[x] Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
-[x] Have Nari switch back into a cat before though. We don't need more misunderstandings.

A phone booth should be enough.
>> No. 28124
>>28123
Oh, you.
>> No. 28125
[X]Just go in, I'm delaying the inevitable and I know it.
-[X]Have Nari switch back into a cat before though. We don't need more misunderstandings.

As much as I don't want to admit it, at this point I'm just running away from the problem in the hopes it'll go away. However, I can't just walk in with Nari as she is since it'll just cause more problems than I really want to put up with for right now, so I start thinking of where I can take Nari to let her change back beyond the sight of prying eyes.

"Nari, I think we're going to have to go in." I get up and toss the now empty drink cups since they're those mass produced wax coated paper things that nobody bothers to save and start leading Nari off. "But I don't want Marine to see you as you are right now just yet, Reimu will probably cause enough issues as it is."

"I understand that, we're we going to go?" Nari kept pace with me quite easily and wound up making it look like we're simply holding hands. Well, that's what it is anyways but...

"Someplace out of sight. Any ideas?" I was looking around, but nothing too terribly suitable came to mind.

"A phone booth?" Nari added as a joke. I hope.

"Oh come on, nobody uses those for transformations except superheroes who wear their undergarments outside their clothes." I rolled my eyes at the concept, though the thought of Nari in a skintight outfit crossed my mind momentarily. I shake off the thought as we continue looking.

"That alley? No windows or doors." Nari pointed off to the side. Sure enough there's a nice secluded side alley where Nari can change out of sight. A few moments later and Nari's changed back into a cat, sitting on my shoulders and ready to act as support for the coming conversation.

I make my way back to Marine's shop and walk in. The first thing I note is that my suspiscion was more or less correct seeing as Reimu, or at least I hope that girl is Reimu, is manning the cash register.

"Be right with you!" Marine's voice could be heard from a small distance away, killing any chance of my being able to exclude her from the conversation. "Oh, Wade! I didn't expect to see you here again so soon." That last part had an ever more subdued tone to it. She must've thought she scared me off last time I was here.

"Don't worry about it. I wanted to ask about the poor soul you roped into helping you." I was watching for any reactions from the girl at the register, and she started looking at me when she heard my name. Her eyes also flicked over to Nari for a moment.

"She said she needed work. I can't turn down someone in need so I hired her." Marine then gestured to the girl. "Could you introduce yourself?"

"Reimu Hakurei, it's nice to see you again out here." Do'h. Reimu in turn is making this far more difficult that it has to be.

"Again? You know Wade?" That certainly got Marine's attention.

"We've met before." Dammit Reimu, stop that! "I was looking for him so I could talk to him about something important."

Marine's now looking to me to say something.

[X]This cat's out of the bag, explain enough to her that she'll understand.
[X]Explain that we've met before, no more than that.
[X]Try to deny it.
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28126
[X]Explain that we've met before, no more than that.
>> No. 28127
[X]This cat's out of the bag, explain enough to her that she'll understand.

'We've met on a magical land that doesn't appear on the maps. There, everyone can fly and it's full of magical fairies and underage girls that could kill you with a thought. A popular tourist spot'
>> No. 28128
[X]Explain that we've met before, no more than that.
>> No. 28129
[X]Explain that we've met before, no more than that.
-[x] Act as if Reimu's a long lost classmate or such

I'm sure Reimu will act along with us. Marine wouldn't believe us or massively freak out.
>> No. 28130
[x] Explain that we've met before, no more than that.
>> No. 28132
>Haha, that's a good one, tell her I'm half residing in a land of exotic magical girls and am currently dating a woman who makes reality her bitch as well as easily rivaling Marine's size while appearing a few years younger.

And to think Yukari's really 1200+ 17 years old.
>> No. 28133
[0] Explain that we've met before, no more than that.
>> No. 28134
[x]Explain that we've met before, no more than that.
>> No. 28135
Well, now you've got both girls on the Outside on your case and you'll have to deal with both at some point.

---

[X]Explain that you've met her before, no more than that.

"I've met her before, she's something of a friend." Crap, I never was good at on the spot thinking and Marine knows me pretty well, I'd bet money she'll call me out on this at some point.

"Right, where'd you meet Reimu? Judging from her looks she has to be of far eastern descent, and she doesn't know much about the United States of America so she must've come here recently." Great, Marine's trying to corner me already.

The really bad part about this is that I've never gone overseas before, shouldn't know any other language than English, and that she knows this. Which means I'm sunk if she starts speaking something other than English since I'd have to lie through the teeth to keep up the act. That's the only problem with lying to someone who's known you for years. "Then it's not impossible that I met her first then is it?"

"There is that... Reimu, how long have you known him?" Marine cooled down a bit after being presented with another plausable possibility, though I knew if I couldn't get her cooled down all the way now I wouldn't be able to.

"A few days at most. Definitely before I came to work here." Reimu was being as straightforward with her answers as possible. It's actually a nice change of pace to know someone so blunt.

"I see." Wait, what the hell? Marine isn't supposed to just give up that easily! One of us is supposed to let slip something that gives her a clue that we're not quite telling the truth! "Wade, how many girls other than Naomi and I do you know?" Oh yeah, I told Marine about Yukari, even if I didn't do so by name. "First that girl who forced you out on a date, then that catlike girl who followed you into the men's bathroom," Oh hell, she's seen Nari? "And now Reimu." She shake her head before speaking again. "It's nice to see you take a healthy interest in women, but if you do too many at once one's going to find out about the others."

"Our relationship isn't like that, so I don't care." There's something in Reimu's expression that doesn't quite agree with her statement. Probably about the fact that I'm dating Yukari.

"Doesn't explain the second girl you dated." Marine directed that one at me.

"I was treating a longtime friend of mine that I hadn't seen for a while to lunch. There's nothing wrong with that is there?" It looks like I might just get out of this without too much trouble anyway.

Marine didn't look convinced by that. She didn't pursue the topic any further though. "Alright, I'll drop it for now. It's not really any of my buisness anyway, but I hate not knowing what's going on." Great, now Marine's on my trail right along with Naomi. How long is it going to take for either of them to finally pin me in a corner?

"It's still a couple hours before lunch, so I'll talk to you then." Reimu breaks the silence that made conversation awkward to start. "Is that acceptable?"

"It is."
"Sure."

Both Marine and I speak at the same time. I have plenty of reasons to talk to the miko, but why would Marine- No, she's got a good reason, finding out why a friend is starting to grow more distant from her.

I decide that it's time to go since I won't be able to discuss anything with Reimu until we're relatively alone, and since I don't want to drag anyone else into this with me... Well, Naomi might just fall down the rabbit hole regardless of whether I tell her or not, but that's later. I exchange farewells and walk out, feeling worse than when I went in. I hated having to lie to Marine or Naomi, that defeats the purpose of having people you can trust.

[X]Walk around until lunch, maybe something interesting will happen.
[X]Go to the lighthouse and think things over.
[X]Aquarium, I just feel like watching the fish for a bit.
[X]Contact Yukari and ask for her advice. She should be awake, right?
[X]Write-in

[X]Is there anything I should ask Reimu, or let her know about? (specify)
>> No. 28136
[+] Go to the lighthouse and think things over.

I think we need to hurry up and decide whether to tell Marine about these things or not. Holding back on her like this is rubbing me the wrong way.

Also, I have a feeling that Naomi might get dragged into things one way or another. Her spraypaint murals might actually end up bringing her across. The worse thought, though, is that with her semi-vagrant lifestyle, she might end up on the wrong side of an encounter with Little Bastard.
>> No. 28137
[+] Go to the lighthouse and think things over.
[+] Upon your return, explain everything to her before speaking to Reimu.
Telling the truth is (almost always) the better choice.
>> No. 28138
[X]Contact Yukari and ask for her advice. She should be awake, right?

As far as what to talk to Reimu when you get her alone:
[x] Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
[x] Tell her about Marine.

My remarks?

I think both Marine and Naomi could find niches in the village.

Dunno about Ben though, sure he'd be ecstatic at the babes, but there's nothing to play games with (no electricity in the village)

and Wade's mental remark suggests that Naomi might cross over regardless.

But Yukari does know about the other girls, and isn't exactly opposed to a harem (considering how she molests Reimu, and works Ran up into a sexual frenzy)
>> No. 28139
[x] Go to the lighthouse and think things over.
>> No. 28140
[0] Go to the lighthouse and think things over.
>> No. 28141
>>28136

Yeah I think if we are to tell those two, it'd have to be together.

I think the news that Marine would take hardest is the fact Wade has a girlfriend.

Since at the moment I do think Wade sees Marine as a good friend, a rather lovely one, but not quite romantic material.
>> No. 28142
[x] Go to the lighthouse and think things over.
>> No. 28143
[x] Walk around until lunch, maybe something interesting will happen.
>> No. 28144
[X]Aquarium, I just feel like watching the fish for a bit.
[X]Then go to the lighthouse and think things over when my mind is cleared.

>>28136

>she might end up on the wrong side of an encounter with Little Bastard.
>she might end up on the wrong side
>she might end up
>might

Meeting THAT BOY is like running into a F.O.E.
ALWAYS a bad encounter.
>> No. 28146
>>28144
The "might" part is, of course, whether or not she does end up meeting him. He's in police custody, but... In fiction, that has a tendency to not be as reliable as you'd want at exactly the wrong time.
>> No. 28147
[x]Walk around until lunch, maybe something interesting will happen.
>> No. 28149
[x] Go to the lighthouse and think things over.
>> No. 28150
>>28146
Did I ever say he got caught?

---
[X]Go to the lighthouse and think things over.

The one place not frequently visited by humans in this coastal town would be the lighthouse, and since it's between matinence times I can take some time to think things over. Because I certainly needed to.

I make my way to the light house, too wrapped up in my own thoughts to really notice anything going on around me. In the city that could get you killed. Here? Well, it still could but the odds are far lower. The point is that I didn't pay attention to the kid walking up behind me. At least not until Nari nipped me on the ear to catch my attention.

"Nari, what was that... for. Oh." I turned to look at Nari and caught a glimpse of that kid I so despise. "What do you want?"

"You think you're so clever, getting the police after me." And he's brandishing a knife. Wonderful. "You think I'd let them catch me?"

"So you come to me instead." I do not want to deal with this right now.

"Shouldn't have got them after me then." Now he's advancing on me with his knife held in a throwing position. He can't be that stupid could he? Retractable knives don't work that-

I threw up my duffel bag just in time, the knife bouncing off it harmlessly handle-end first. "Are you done?" I pick up the knife blade first with a sleeve since I'm not stupid enough to touch the handle. I then pitch the damn thing off into a storm drain.

"You'll pay for that." He walked off without another word. I know that was the only one he had on him since he's heading for the pipe that dumps the water and assorted debris from the storm drains into the ocean. My only thought on the matter is that I was lucky he couldn't toss knives with any sort of accuracy or else I'd probably be dead, if not bleeding to death.

I hope this isn't going to become a routine thing...

Anyway, I make it to the lighthouse in one piece and start climbing the stairs to the top of the room, keeping my crowbar in hand as I face the direction of the stairs. Now hopefully I'll have time to think this over.

First of all there's Naomi. Tewi's already visiting her in her normal youkai form and is apparently friendly with her so I might want to check Eientei in three days time to see if she's there at that point. Of course, she could also cross over to Gensokyo the way I have before then if she hasn't already, but how would I go about locating her if she looks different?

Then there's Marine, who's been there for me plenty of times. I didn't like lying to her like that, but who knows how she'd take it? And she could also cross without my knowing it and both Naomi and Marine would end up learning the truth regardless of whether or not I tell them.

What a dilemma...

I need to come up with a way to tell them the truth so they'll at least be aware of it, and where I'd end up should I be unable to choose to reside in both worlds as I have been.

Pfft, easier said than done.

I also need to solve this incident before it gets ugly seeing as the longer it's left alone the more likely it is for someone to catch on to the fact that it isn't a dream like I have, or believe it isn't real and will use it as a stomping ground.

My thoughts continue like this for a while, and soon enough it's close to noon. I better get my ass in gear.

[X]I've made up my mind.
-[X]Tell them. Even if nothing comes of it, but make them swear to tell no one else.
-[X]I'm going to keep up the charade for a bit longer.

[X]Once I start talking to Reimu, is there anything I want to tell her? (Specify)

[X]Write-in
>> No. 28151
[X]I've made up my mind.
-[X]Tell them. Even if nothing comes of it, but make them swear to tell no one else.
As far as what to talk to Reimu when you get her alone:
[x] Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
[x] On that note, share info about where the others seem to be so far.
[x] Tell her about Marine, just so she can know her boss better, and why you were trying to do an act in front of her.
>> No. 28152
[X]I've made up my mind.
-[X]Tell them. Even if nothing comes of it, but make them swear to tell no one else.
As far as what to talk to Reimu when you get her alone:
[x] Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
[x] On that note, share info about where the others seem to be so far.
[x] Tell her about Marine, just so she can know her boss better, and why you were trying to do an act in front of her.
>> No. 28153
[X]I've made up my mind.
-[X]Tell them. Even if nothing comes of it, but make them swear to tell no one else.
As far as what to talk to Reimu when you get her alone:
[x] Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
[x] On that note, share info about where the others seem to be so far.
[x] Tell her about Marine, just so she can know her boss better, and why you were trying to do an act in front of her.

She'll think Wade's crazy, but his conscience will be relieved.
>> No. 28154
[x] I've made up my mind.
-[x] Tell them. Even if nothing comes of it, but make them swear to tell no one else.
As far as what to talk to Reimu when you get her alone:
[x] Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
[x] On that note, share info about where the others seem to be so far.
[x] Tell her about Marine, just so she can know her boss better, and why you were trying to do an act in front of her.
>> No. 28157
[x] I've made up my mind.
-[x] Tell them you're leaving. You're sick of your mother treating you like garbage and you need a new life. You've saved up money for awhile, and will be running away to another city. It's part truth and part lie, but at least you'll be getting the hard part off your chest. You're leaving, and you may never see them again.

[x] Once I start talking to Reimu, is there anything I want to tell her?
-[x] Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
-[x] On that note, share info about where the others seem to be so far.
-[x] Tell her about Marine, just so she can know her boss better, and why you were trying to do an act in front of her.
-[x] Tell her of your decision.

I don't know about Naomi, but if Marine is really as clingy and nervous as she's thought to be, I would much rather not have her trying to stop us from leaving to a 'magical world' instead of just another city. She may try to stop us, come after us, find a way to reveal or bring calamity to Gensokyo, call a mental ward and have us hauled off (because she cares, d'aww), or get any of the girls who have crossed over into trouble. The same goes for Wade's mother, but more because she's a bitch than because she's afraid of losing us; she may call the cops and have us arrested on charges for theft or some shit. Better reason not to tell your parents or leave a note. The less they know, the better.

We have to choose one world eventually, so even if we haven't actually made the decision to pick a world, we should do so now. The faster we get out, the less chance of anybody trying to stop us or cause a clusterfuck of problems.
>> No. 28158
[0] I've made up my mind.
-[1] Tell them. Even if nothing comes of it, but make them swear to tell no one else.
As far as what to talk to Reimu when you get her alone:
[2] Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
[3] On that note, share info about where the others seem to be so far.
[4] Tell her about Marine, just so she can know her boss better, and why you were trying to do an act in front of her.
>> No. 28159
I'm starting to wonder when the endgame should occur since you're almost done collecting fragments, got Reimu on Gengetsu's case, and are showing ever increasing interest in leaving the Outside for good. That boy hasn't become aware of Gensokyo yet either, so unless you let something slip you won't be facing him.

On the flip side, I may start a second run soon after this ends because in all honestly I'm not entirely happy with how this one has played out thus far. A few characters came out wrong and it feels like it's progressing too fast at times. I planned to have this run for a month in the stories events but it's only been about a week.

I suppose I'll have to do the Harvest Festival as part of the Epilouge at this rate.
----

[X]I've made up my mind.
-[X]Tell them. Even if nothing comes of it, but make them swear to tell no one else.
As far as what to talk to Reimu about:
[X]Inform her of how that in-between dream world is responsible for her and the others being able to exist on the outside.
[X]On that note, share info on where others seem to be so far.
[X]Tell her about Marine, just so she can know her boss better, and why you were trying to do an act in front of her.

I should tell Naomi and Marine at the very least, those two mean a lot to me. And I think it's time I gave Reimu a solid point in the right direction, maybe follow right along behind her to get the rest of the fragments.

I start heading down the stairs to meet up with the others and thankfully enough that brat hasn't yet found his knife so I probably won't see much of him for a while, maybe not for the rest of the day if I play my cards right.

The trip back to Marine's shop is increasingly dreary as that metaphorical black cloud, and the literal grey ones move in to start raining on my parade. Maybe they'll hold off long enough for me to actually get in before it starts pouring. Thankfully they do just that, only starting just as I get into the building. Reimu and Marine look ready to leave when I show up too.

"Aw man, no one said anything about rain..." It looks like none of us had planned for this. Marine least of all seeing she's wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

"Ready to go?" Reimu can't be serious.

"Actually, there's something I wanted to talk to Marine about first. And I'd like you to help explain it." Reimu raises and eyebrow at my statement, and Marine doesn't look all that suprised.

"So you were hiding something." Marine shoots me a look that makes me feel rather guilty, but I can't cower now.

"Yes, and I want to explain it to you as best I can now that I've thought it over." I start leading Marine upstairs. "It's something you might want to sit down for."

"Why? It can't be that shocking can it?" Marine, if only you knew...

I didn't answer, I lead Marine into her living room and had her sit down in her reclining chair. I sit down myself and note that Reimu had followed me up.

"Marine, what would you say if I told you there's a place where magic exists and the supernatural occurs on a routine basis?" I remove Nari from my shoulder and place her in my lap. I'll probably need her to prove one of my points somewhere along the way.

"I'd think you got a little too engrossed in the occult." That was what I expected Marine to say.

"Marine, I'll be as straight as possible. Somehow I've been existing in a sealed land of illusions called Gensokyo for over a year, a place where things like vampires, ghosts, sentient beasts, goddesses and all manners of supernatural beings exist." I maintain a straight face throughout all this since it's all very serious.

"Oh come on, this is just an elaborite joke right? If there's really a place like that then why doesn't it appear on any maps? There's no way something like that would stay secret for long." And she's taking this about as well as I can expect.

"It doesn't appear on any map because it's a sealed land. I know you find this all hard to believe, but bear with me." I start fishing out the card gap. I figure if I'm going to break the news I may as well provide as much evidence as possible.

Marine's staying quiet now as Reimu brings her a cup of tea. The miko then sits on the sofa seat I'm not occupying to sip her own. Nari also turns to me, giving a questioning murr.

"Go ahead, we've got nothing to hide anymore." Where there was a cat, there is now a bakeneko. Marine is staring at Nari's ears and tails while the color starts to drain from her face.

"Hello." Nari gets off my lap and walks over to Marine before hugging her. "It's nice to be able to finally speak to you."

"W-Wa-Wade?" Marine's frozen now.

"Yukari, are you still up?" I opened the gap and spoke through it, and was greeted by a tine gap youkai in response.

"Hellooooo~" Yukari gives me a cheery wave before hanging out her gap in that adorable way that only she could accomplish. "Is there something you wanted to do?"

"Actually, there's someone I want you to meet." I catch her before she falls out of her gap competely. "At your normal size. She's freaking out enough as it is."

"Calling Yukari might be a bit much." Reimu hasn't really changed expression much, but did cast the gap youkai an annoyed glance.

"Who's Yukari?" Marine looks like she could faint at any moment. I really hope she'll stay conscious long enough for me to prove that Gensokyo does exist.

"Me~" Yukari drops into my lap out of a gap before wrapping one arm around my shoulders. "Telling your friends about Gensokyo, hmm?"

"Just two, that way they won't have to worry so much." I briefly turn to Yukari before looking to Marine once more. "Marine, this is Yukari Yakumo, Youkai of Boundaries."

I'm betting she would have responded had she not fainted just then. Huh boy, this is going about as well as I could have expected... I got Yukari to get off so Nari and I can get Marine to her bed before talking to Reimu.

"This isn't as alone as I'd like." Reimu had pulled her gohei from somewhere and was whacking Yukari on the head with it.

"Reimu... How cruuuuuuuel..." Of course, Yukari's hands being where they were didn't help her case any.

"We may as well let her listen in then, she wants to know just as much as any of us." I sit back down having sent Nari to keep an eye on Marine so the former can tell me when the latter wakes up.

"Know what?" That's right, I confided in Yukari before I woke up last night.

"Reimu, somehow the border of dream and reality is responsible for allowing me to cross over to Gensokyo, and in turn you and a couple others to cross to the outside." No sense beating around the bush. I want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

"I've guessed that already. Now that I've taken the time to think about it I asked Mima since she and Yuuka seem to get along fairly well, and she told me that one time I went off to beat up Yuuka for disturbing the peace. After that it only took a little memory jogging to make myself remember the rest." Reimu paused for a moment before continuing. "I guess this means another trip through the Blood Lake."

"Blood Lake?" That's not someplace I've ever heard of before.

"It's the entrance to Yuuka's old home in the border of dream and reality, and not too far from where I wandered around until I found Mugetsu and Gengetsu." Reimu actively looking around for clues, or divine intuition again?

"I see." I notice there are now two additional cups of hot tea, one of which I happily partake of. "Also, before I forget, I found Kogasa and Alice out here too as well as hearing that Tewi has managed to get out of Gensokyo some other way."

"Then we may want to speed up this particular incident's resolving. The longer it's left alone the more likely someone malevolent from this side will cross over and that someone from Gensokyo will be found out." Yukari's making her concerns known as well.

"I get it, I get it... I'll set out tomorrow." Reimu puts a hand to her face, knowing full well she isn't going to be able to get out of this.

"Also, Reimu, would you like to know more about Marine? You know, because she's your boss?" There was that point, but I'm not sure how much this is going to matter now that Marine knows of Gensokyo and will likely put two and two together. That and I'm not sure Reimu will stay once this is done and dealt with.

"I probably won't be here tomorrow, so what does it matter?" Blunt as ever Reimu...

[X]Write-in

---
Yeah, no prepackaged options for this vote, mostly because I want to see what you come up with.
>> No. 28160
[x] Quietly sip your tea.
[x] Pet Yukari's head, scratch her behind the ears... Wait, this isn't your cat. Although, Yukari in cat ears and a tail would look pretty nice...
[x] "So, anything I could do to help with any of this?"
>> No. 28161
[x] Quietly sip your tea.
[x] Pet Yukari's head, scratch her behind the ears... Wait, this isn't your cat. Although, Yukari in cat ears and a tail would look pretty nice...
[x] While on that do, do so to Nari afterwards.
[x] "So, anything I could do to help with any of this?"
[x] "I guess this means sooner or later I'd have to make my choice then."

I wonder will this lead into perhaps some adventures in Gensokyo proper then?

That and I figured Tenshi would be a tricky case.

That and it'd be a shame to see things end before getting Komachi and Reimu into the fold of things.

But finishing a run is a big achievement here, one not shared by many.
>> No. 28162
[x] Quietly sip your tea.
[x] Pet Yukari's head, scratch her behind the ears... Wait, this isn't your cat. Although, Yukari in cat ears and a tail would look pretty nice...
[x] While on that do, do so to Nari afterwards.
[x] "So, anything I could do to help with any of this?"
>> No. 28163
[x] Quietly sip your tea.
[x] Pet Yukari's head, scratch her behind the ears... Wait, this isn't your cat.
[x] While on that do, do so to Nari afterwards.
[x] "So, anything I could do to help with any of this?"
[x] "I guess this means sooner or later I'd have to make my choice then."
>> No. 28164
[x] Quietly sip your tea.
[x] Pet Yukari's head, scratch her behind the ears... Wait, this isn't your cat.
[x] While on that do, do so to Nari afterwards.
[x] "So, anything I could do to help with any of this?"
[x] "I guess this means sooner or later I'd have to make my choice then."
>> No. 28165
>>28159
So, planning an extra run? I'm glad. Hope the next run puts up some extra danger or threat.
Don't take me wrong, a good lighthearted story is good every now and then, but Wade's powers are just screaming to be used in a life or death situation.
>> No. 28166
>>28165

Or as a surprise at the end of this run. That or an extra arc dealing with Wade's new life. But I don't think the battle with Tenshi would go so quickly at all.
>> No. 28167
>>28166

That's why we call in Suika to help us out.
>> No. 28168
Awesome. I'll be gunning for Merlin, next run.
>> No. 28169
Will we still get that chance to hang out with the Prismrivers, Duel Youmu, and a few more misadventures before the story ends?

Since you could easily do a episodic thing of Wade's misadventures, past and present in Gensokyo.
>> No. 28171
Since THAT BOY doesn't know about Gensokyo, why not have THAT BOY find out by being 'conveniently' in the right place at the right time to find out.

That should extend this a few more topics while we deal with him.
>> No. 28172
[x] Quietly sip your tea.
[x] Pet Yukari's head, scratch her behind the ears... Wait, this isn't your cat.
[x] While on that do, do so to Nari afterwards.
[x] "So, anything I could do to help with any of this?"
[x] "I guess this means sooner or later I'd have to make my choice then."
>> No. 28173
>>28169
Certainly. Plus once you've cleared the final boss I'll move on to the epilouge where you'll have a chance to finish up whatever you missed along with the Harvest Festival (Which looks like it's going to be Yukari for Wade's date) and the ending.

>>28171
I already have the final boss fight mostly planned out, I kinda don't think Wade could handle two over the top non danmaku fights in a row. Not with what I'm planning.

Though I certainly hope someone has already picked up on who that is, since I've been trying to make it increasingly obvious as I go along.

>>28165
>>28166
Life and death you say? Stay tuned then.

Also I'd like to do this story right since I'd rather flesh this out into something really worth reading, plus it'll give the anon who wanted a character other than Yukari a chance to get in good graces with someone else, or more than one.
>> No. 28174
>>28173
So is there going to be a chance to get our friends in Gensokyo, as well? We've discussed before that Naomi would love the freedom to paint anywhere she chose. Yukari might let Marine share us. And our bro Ben (who we haven't seen since thread one) deserves a chance at some happiness, too, right?

It'd be even more interesting to throw a spin on that. Like if Tewi managed to create a tunnel to Gensokyo, with Naomi being the Alice in Wonderland. Marine setting up shop with Rinnosuke, and Ben having already been visiting Gensokyo for as long as we have and gotten along well with its inhabitants. Even if no, I'd like to see those as side-stories.
>> No. 28175
>>28173

Yeah since I'd like to see more of your Gensokyo through this view before starting a new run.

That and wouldn't it be possibly Yukari and Nari at this rate?

Perhaps the epilogue arc might be mainly social misadventures as things get squared away (And a chance to add at least Komachi to the harem)

Yeah I think your fans like your world and want to see more of it, even if there isn't quite a plot anymore.
>> No. 28176
>>28174

Marine might end up liking Rinnosuke more instead; that'd be an interesting twist since she'd finally keep his perversions in line (in this story he does have a habit of trying to hit on girls as to get laid) and she ends up happy.

Who knows about Ben since on the plus side Touhous, on the down side, no electricity to play games with.

But Naomi would be happy in the village since it's not overly crowded, and I'm sure folks would like buying her paintings.

All this makes for material for a nice episodic Slice of Gensokyo life story.

That and on the next run I'd be aiming for Reimu or Suika. (Since I get the feeling that chances of trying to add Reimu aren't so good, and Suika would be a bit competitive to be a side girl to Yukari)
>> No. 28177
>>28173
Reimu route~! Marine route~!
>> No. 28178
>>28176
>Marine might end up liking Rinnosuke more instead
Heh. That's good, too. Can you imagine their children?
>> No. 28179
>>28178

This would ensure Yukari would never get bored but like hell Yukari'd let her kids date theirs.
>> No. 28180
Discussion certainly picked up once I stated this will end its main run soon. I'm hardly complaining though.

---

[X]Quietly sip your tea.
[X]Pet Yukari's head, scratch behind her ears... Wait, this isn't your cat...
[X]While on that do, do so to Nari afterwards.
[X]"So, anything I can do to help with any of this?"
[X]"I guess this means sooner or later I'd have to make my choice then."

There isn't much to do beside listening to the rain and sipping tea until Marine wakes up again, at which point I'll probably try to convince her everything's real without her fainting. I hope.

With one hand I quietly sip my tea and the other unconsciously starts petting the person in my lap, then alternating between gently scratching behind her ears and petting. A loud purr threw my wandering mind off even more, at least until I got a good whiff of the scent in Yukari's hair.

"Eh? You're not my cat." I don't stop regardless of wether this woman is my cat or not since it's a nice, distracting, mechanical motion that helps take my mind off things. The thought of Yukari as a catgirl momentarily crosses my mind, and I make a mental note of it. Maybe later.

"No~ But I don't think it would be so bad to curl up on you for a while." Yukari had leaned her head onto my chest as I scratched her. "Maybe I'll take a nap here..."

"Ugh, you two can have your little moment later when I'm not in the room." Reimu... Oh yeah, she's here too huh? Wait, last time Yukari started making it obvious we're dating that resulted in Reimu attacking us.

"Reimu, don't tell me you're jealous~" Yukari didn't move, but rather looked at the shrine maiden from the corner of her eye. "Could this be why you don't like all the attention I give Wade?~ You want him for yourself?~"

Reimu was looking increasingly grumpy over this...

"Or, no... you can't want me... can you?" Yukari's now shifting so I have to support her with my left arm and giving Reimu a vulnerable 'please don't hurt me' type of look. "To make me shudder and moan, strapping me down as you violate me all night long until I get wet simply by feeling your presence?"

"No. Who knows what you'll do to me if I ever try that. I might wind up like Ran." Reimu turned away from the sight of Yukari's blatant attempt to attract her. "Or you'll give me parts I really don't want."

"Alright, enough you two. Not in my friend's house." That and the situation needs to be discussed a little further than it has been. "So Reimu, is there anything I can do to help with this?"

"You can come with me for starters. My intuition tells me you're going to end up playing a role in this particular incident resolving." Reimu starts sipping her tea again. "I might just make Suika come with too since you're basically her toy until she gets bored and she'll want to keep an eye on you."

"I'll keep that in mind." I slowly return to my thoughts, making note that Yukari seems to have held back on the lewd behavior for now.

So what am I going to- no, I know I'm going to Gensokyo so I can live with Yukari once this is all over, the only thing holding be back is the guilt over abandoning my friends out here. I'm working on that so at the very least I can let them know and make them swear to tell no one else, and if that's not enough for Yukari or Reimu then I think it wouldn't be too difficult to make them dissapear right along with me. It's a selfish thought, but what else can I think? Every full moon Naomi could get whisked away by Tewi and Yukari could decide Marine's interesting too.

"So I'll have to choose soon, won't I?" Wait, that wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth...

"Where your physical body lives? I think you will." Yukari doesn't have much to add.

"If you can't make up your mind, follow your heart." Again with the directness Reimu!

Nari walks into the room and gives Yukari a dirty look before talking. "Marine's up Wade, how do you want to do this?"

[X]Me and me alone, she might take it better if it's from a close friend.
[X]Nari and I, she know and much as I do, if not more thanks to her insight.
[X]Bring Reimu with me for this, there's benefit to bluntness.
[X]Yukari could help with this...
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28182
[X]Yukari could help with this...
[x] And have Nari come with too.

Might as well break the whole truth.

Still I must say I hope we won't be leaving this world so soon even after the final action route. (Since this is a tale about Wade and his impact on Gensokyo, that and there's some socialish things we must persue)
>> No. 28183
[x] Yukari could help with this...
[x] And have Nari come with too.
>> No. 28184
[x] Yukari could help with this...
[x] And have Nari come with too.
>> No. 28185
[X]Me and me alone, she might take it better if it's from a close friend.
>> No. 28186
[0] Yukari could help with this...
[1] And have Nari come with too.
>> No. 28187
[x] Yukari could help with this...
>> No. 28188
[x] Yukari could help with this...
[x] And have Nari come with too.
>> No. 28189
[X]Bring everyone. Maybe this time she won't faint, thanks to the time she had to process it.
>> No. 28191
[X]Yukari could help with this...
[X]And have Nari come with too.

"Yukari, Nari, come with me if you could please since I'm not sure I can convince her by myself." I scoop the gap youkai up in my arms and set her upright.

"You sure that's a good idea? I thought you didn't want her to faint." Reimu's just lounging at this point since there's nothing for her to do.

"I think she might be more accepting this time. I hope." With that I start leading Nariko and Yukari off to Marine's bedroom.

"Eh, let me know if you want help from someone who actually knows how to deal with people." Yukari seemed somewhat annoyed at Reimu's remark.

"I'll have you know that I'm perfectly capable of talking to people." Yukari then walked ahead of us.

"Says the woman who wants me to be the dominant partner in our non-existent relationship." Don't ask about what Reimu's talking about Wade, it's not worth the mindfuck and mental images to try and understand.

"Can we just get on with this already?" I open the door and all but shove the other two in.

Marine is lying in a position that faces away from the door, and I can already tell from here that she's not taking this well at all. I make my way over to pull her over to where she's lying on her back, and I'm greeted by a Marine who's struggling with the concept of magic, monsters, attractive girls in abundance, and attractive magical monster girls.

"Wade... is this a dream?" She's clutching a pillow to her chest. "I want to wake up from this now..."

"Sorry Marine, you're not dreaming. This is all real." I sit next to her so she can look me in the eye, but I find myself being pulled down into a very tight embrace in Marine's arms. "Wha?"

"People don't travel through... whatever those were Wade. Please tell me they don't." I start hugging Marine back as she speaks.

"Only Yukari does that as far as I know." Great. It's hard to make a convincing arguement when the girl who I'm trying to convince is all but crushing me in her grip. "You stay away from her Yukari."

"Now how am I supposed to help you if I have to stay away?~" Yukari is now sitting on the edge of the bed as well.

"Because you're a pervert, and this is a fragile enough situation as it is." I can't see her, but I know Yukari is there.

"Marine, you wanna see the place we're talking about?" Nari has also crawled onto the bed, sitting not too far from us.

"Fine... Show me then." Marine shifts herself up but does not release me from her hold.

Yukari opens another gap in front of us, this time providing a direct aireal view of Gensokyo. The gap then changes the view as she makes it float around various locales, providing views of quite a few people in the process. Marine is utterly speechless throughout the show, and remained silent even after it was over.

"That's where I've been every night for the last year and change Marine. That's where Nari became what she is now, where I met Reimu, where I got to know Yukari, and where I've had all manners of adventures I could only dream of. Marine, please understand..." I keep a firm hold of Marine in case she passes out again. This time however, she manages to avoid it.

"You really did end up following my advice..." Marine, that advice was to give my mother the middle finger and walk out of there. And I kind of have been doing just that as of late. "Not the way I would have expected. Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." This is interesting, I expected more panicking and fainting.

"You're really okay?" Nari spoke up after Marine finished speaking.

"No, but what's the point in panicking? I fainted because the impossible was happening in front of me. It's still creepy but I should be okay now." Marine didn't look okay, though it's an improvement.

"There's one thing Marine: Don't tell anyone. The last thing Gensokyo needs is the rest of humanity finding out about it." I just sit with her for a few minutes after that, during which she gave me her word that she wouldn't say a thing about Gensokyo.

[X]Time to go? (specify)
[X]I think I should stay here for now...

[X]Write-in
>> No. 28192
[X]I think I should stay here for now...
Shit man, stay with her. She just suffered a paradigm shift of epic proportions.
>> No. 28195
[X]I think I should stay here for now...
[x] Ask her what she meant by "Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." since you were planning on telling her as well.
>> No. 28196
[x] Ask her what she meant by "Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." since you were planning on telling her as well.
[x] Ask Yukari if we she can find Naomi. She needs to know about this as well.
>> No. 28197
[x] Check to see if she's alright with all this or if she'd need you to stay for a time.
[x] Ask her what she meant by "Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." since you were planning on telling her as well.

If she is alright:
[x] Ask Yukari if we she can find Naomi. She needs to know about this as well.
>> No. 28198
[x] Ask her what she meant by "Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." since you were planning on telling her as well.
[x] Ask Yukari if we she can find Naomi. She needs to know about this as well.
>> No. 28199
[+] >>28197

Correct order of priorities, relevant bases covered.
>> No. 28200
[x] Ask her what she meant by "Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." since you were planning on telling her as well.
[x] Ask Yukari if we she can find Naomi. She needs to know about this as well.
>> No. 28201
[0] Ask her what she meant by "Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." since you were planning on telling her as well.
[1] Ask Yukari if we she can find Naomi. She needs to know about this as well.
>> No. 28211
[x] Ask her what she meant by "Man, to think Naomi was on to something after all." since you were planning on telling her as well.
[x] Ask Yukari if we she can find Naomi. She needs to know about this as well.

"Wait a sec, Marine, what did you mean 'Naomi was on to something?'" Why did it take this long for my brain to register that? What was Naomi doing?

"She thinks youkai are real too, she says she thinks she's met one and has been going around with her for one day a month for who knows how long." Marine's explanation does fit with what I already know... "She also told me about how you've got some weird stuff, like cards that hold spells. I think she knows you're hiding this from her."

This might also explain the murals with spellcard names if someone had actively explained them to her... wait, she can't have crossed could she? Now I've got to ask her.

"Yukari, can you find out where Naomi is?" I turn to look at the gap youkai, who in turn nods in conformation.

"She's located somewhere in that city you visit every so often. I can't gap her directly here without causing panic, there are people looking at her. A tear in reality large enough to transport her would not go unnoticed." Yukari managed to give me a general idea at least, but it'd be a pain to try and look for someone so good at hiding.

"I think it'd be a good idea to tell her. I get the feeling she might just get wrapped up in this too." Considering her position in life, she might ask Tewi to take her to Eientei, though she wouldn't know what it's called unless the earth rabbit's been talking to her about it.

"Think Tewi's going to take her to Gensokyo?" Nari decided to occupy the chair near Marine's bed for now.

"I think she might ask to be taken there." I know there's no definite evidence but I'd rather tell her since she already suspects it.

"What makes you say that?" Yukari looks curious about this.

"Because I think her position in life isn't too different than mine, she might be looking for a way out."

---

Continued later.
>> No. 28212
>>28211

It gets rather interesting now.
>> No. 28216
>>28212
To say the least. GJ RIM
>> No. 28218
Continuing...

---

"A way out?" Yukari thinks to herself for a few minutes before speaking again. "Come to think of it I never did ask why you seemed so bent on leaving this world."

"Leaving?" Marine turned to face me once more. "You never said anything about leaving!"

"Yeah, I did kind of skip that part." Well, it's not like I can blame Marine for reacting like that since the odds are good I'd never see her again. How would anyone else react if their close friend was going to just dissapear? I can't imagine it being pretty...

"Leaving to Gensokyo..." Marine looked like she was thinking this through very carefully before answering. "Will you ever come back?"

Now it's my turn to think carefully. All eyes are on me too, so absolutely no pressure on my answer, wording and the like.

"You do realise that I can let you in and out of Gensokyo should you wish to visit your firends and family."

That doesn't answer the question of do I ever want to go back. The Outside now has all of three things that matter to me, and they're all my friends. At least one of whom could end up in Gensokyo very easily.

"What about your family?"

My mother is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned. I didn't want to worry my dad, but if he finds out my mother would find out and odds are she'd never leave things be.

"No one outside your immediate family?"

No.

"You're getting ready to leave for good aren't you?"

Yes.

"In all honesty Marine... I don't want to come back once I leave. You, Naomi, and Ben are the only ones out here who truly matter to me-" I was composing something in my head when I was cut off.

"Then I'll go with you." Whoa, what Marine?

"Huh?" That's all I could spit out.

"Wade, you've been off on some grand adventure in a magical land where all sorts of interesting things happen while I'm stuck singlehandedly managing a shop six days a week. I don't even get that many customers. Plus Naomi might just up and vanish into this fantasy world too." Marine's serious...

"Are you certain?" That certainly suprised everyone else in the room, including Yukari.

"Quite." One word may have just changed her life forever.

Did you do something?

"No. I hadn't even considered it."

This'll make my choice easier to stand behind if what matters to me comes with.

"Though you'll also risk losing it."

I hope not...

What's next?
[X]Time to track down Naomi.
[X]Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into.
[X]Reimu's got to be bored by now...
[X]Write-in
>> No. 28222
[X]Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into.
[x] Check with Reimu, then
[x] Go find Naomi then Ben.

Question: Is your Kaguya a NEET? just curious since she might be more Ben's tastes.
>> No. 28223
[X]Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into.
[x] Check with Reimu, then
[x] Go find Naomi then Ben.
>> No. 28224
[x] Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into.
[x] Check with Reimu, then
[x] Go find Naomi then Ben.
>> No. 28225
[0] Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into.
[1] Check with Reimu, then
[2] Go find Naomi then Ben.
>> No. 28226
[x] Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into.
[x] Check with Reimu, then
[x] Go find Naomi then Ben.
>> No. 28227
[X]Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into.
[x] Check with Reimu, then
[x] Go find Naomi then Ben.

Looking forward for her gruesome death.
>> No. 28228
>>28227

That's speaking too soon since chances are she'd be put in the village or Rinnosuke's shop, safe places.

And if Naomi ends up in Eientei she should be pretty safe, that and with Tewi as a friend there isn't too much to worry about.
>> No. 28230
[x] Take the time to explain to Marine what she's getting into. Don't make it sound like you're trying to change her mind, though.
[x] Check with Reimu, then go find Naomi and Ben.


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x