[Return]
Archived Thread

File 123813492877.jpg - (183.68KB , 850x897 , Reimu gets her shoes taken.jpg ) [iqdb]
23116 No. 23116
Well, you’ve had a nice break from stealing shoes; nearly 45 minutes for dinner. Now you need to get back to work. And wouldn’t you know it, you’ve found yourself meandering aimlessly towards the shrine. You have no idea why, of course, but for some reason it seemed like a good idea.

Perhaps you’re just tired because it’s so late at night. Who knows?

So you get to the shrine, and all is as you would think it would be; that is to say, the place seems deserted, what with it being so late and all. However, being here brings back memories. Horrible memories...
It’s Reimu.

Deciding to not use very strong words, you have come to the conclusion that you have a strong distaste for Reimu’s behavior patterns, what with demanding donations all the time...you even remember it happening once or twice while you were walking past the entrance to the shrine. You shudder with anger fueled by pure rage at this...until an idea strikes you. Reimu has shoes, doesn’t she? On top of every other reason imaginable for stealing someone’s shoes, stealing hers will bring some long-needed relief to a thirst for vengeance. You must avenge all those long-lost yen that went into the donation box!

CURRENT SURROUNDINGS:
Shrine main gate
Shrubberies (various sizes)
Main donation box
Main shrine courtyard

THINGS TO DO:
Pray for forgiveness for stealing shoes
Break open the donation box. You need money for no adequately explainable reason!
Hunt down Reimu. You want to teach her a lesson.
Put off revenge for later and grab a bite to eat somewhere


What are you going to do?

>> No. 23117
[x] Break open the donation box and steal all the money.
[x] Throw a single yen coin back in and pray for forgiveness for stealing shoes, and for all future acts of stealing shoes.
[x] Go to the human village and get some crepes or something with your newly acquired money. Spend all of it.
[x] On your way back - while eating - sneak through the bushes, enter the shrine, and try to find Reimu's shoes. Make sure you're not spotted, by anybody.
>> No. 23118
[x] Break open the donation box and steal all the money.
[x] Throw a single yen coin back in and pray for forgiveness for stealing shoes, and for all future acts of stealing shoes.
[x] Go to the human village and get a sombrero with your newly acquired money.. Spend all of it.
[x] On your way back - while eating - sneak through the bushes, enter the shrine, and try to find Reimu's shoes. Make sure you're not spotted, by anybody.
>> No. 23119
>>23118
Sir, are you planning on eating a sombrero?
>> No. 23123
[x] Break open the donation box and steal all the money.
[x] Throw a single yen coin back in and pray for forgiveness for stealing shoes, and for all future acts of stealing shoes.
[x] Go to the human village and get some crepes or something with your newly acquired money. Spend all of it.
[x] On your way back - while eating - sneak through the bushes, enter the shrine, and try to find Reimu's shoes. Make sure you're not spotted, by anybody.

This is a sneaking mission.
>> No. 23125
Oh, and by the way, my name is U. N. Owen and I approve this message.

Just in case you were wondering.
>> No. 23127
>>23119
And if I am?
>> No. 23129
[x] Break open the donation box and steal all the money.
[x] Throw a single yen coin back in and pray for forgiveness for stealing shoes, and for all future acts of stealing shoes.
[x] Go to the human village and get some crepes or something with your newly acquired money. Spend all of it.
[x] On your way back - while eating - sneak through the bushes, enter the shrine, and try to find Reimu's shoes. Make sure you're not spotted, by anybody.
>> No. 23130
With your trusty thievery skills, you bust open the donation box as silently as possible; no easy feat, given that there's mostly loose change jangling around in the thing.

YOUR THIEVERY SKILL HAS INCREASED BY +2!

Anyway, you quickly scoop all of the loose change and occasional bills into your wallet, but after some thought you leave a one-yen coin in the box and seal it up again to make it look like nothing happened...except the oddly random disappearance of however much money you just put into your wallet minus one yen.

All of a sudden, something comes over you. You just stole money. Donated money. From a shrine. You feel terrible...going with this whim, you bow your head over the donation box and quietly whisper a prayer. You ask for forgiveness for stealing shoes, and all future acts of stealing shoes. You're not quite sure why, because you just robbed a shrine of donated money, but forgiveness is forgiveness, right?

Your stomach gurgles. How long has it been since you last ate? Almost an hour!? Good God, man, you need something to eat again! You'll starve to death at this rate! After some well-deserved and probably well-suited-to-the-situation eye-shiftiness, you dart through the variously sized shrubberies and off towards the human village.

But you suddenly remember something: they opened that new restaurant nearby...you can't recall its name, but they sold some exotic food. Crepes, or something. And the mission keeps swimming through your head. It's doing the backstroke - the most distracting of all swimming strokes! You're horribly torn, because you fear the incessant complaints of your gut will alert people to your presence. You're supposed to be sneaky!

SURROUNDINGS INCLUDE:
Many plants and shrubberies of various sizes
The shrine is some distance behind you
You're almost at the human village
There is a large boulder to your left

THINGS TO DO:
Continue towards the village to get foodstuffs
Screw the food, find Reimu and her shoes!
Leap atop the boulder and do a merry little jig
Find that new restaurant; you want to see what these 'crepes' are.
>> No. 23132
[X] Leap atop the boulder and do a merry little jig
[X] Continue towards the village to get foodstuffs
[X] Find that new restaurant; you want to see what these 'crepes' are.

At least this youkai doesn't eat shoes!
>> No. 23133
[x]Continue towards the village to get a Sombrero
[x]Leap atop the boulder and do a merry little jig
>> No. 23145
[x] Continue towards the village to get foodstuffs.
[x] Run. Run for all your might. Spend all your money on takoyaki and crepes!
[x] Shove a few in your pocket for later and jog back to the shrine.

>>23127
Do you wanna split it?
>> No. 23160
[X] Continue towards the village to get foodstuffs
[X] Find that new restaurant; you want to see what these 'crepes' are.
[X] Get a bottle of sake as a back up in case you get caught (make sure it's very strong), so you can steal the shoes after she's passed out. If you don't get caught you can always use it for celebration later.
[X] Stow away some cash to invest in a tarp to protect your domicile from being destroyed by rain... again.
>> No. 23162
>>23145
only if I get the tall bit.
>> No. 23166
Well, you've come to a consensus with yourself. You steel your will and go off and find that new restaurant. It turns out crepes aren't exactly that bad...mostly. You think they need to be thicker. Hence why you stacked the three you bought on top of each other, rolled them up and ate them. You decide then that you should just go for what you usually do, and buy yourself some takoyaki.

Mmmmmm. Takoyaki.

After another quick stop, you have yourself a delightful little basket filled to the brim with fresh, steaming hot takoyaki. The sensuous aroma makes you smile to yourself with glee. In fact, you're so happy that, on your way back to the shrine, you set the basket down and dance yourself a merry little jig atop the boulder you passed on your way into town. You decidedly ignore several comments of passersby, both good and bad, whilst you retrieve your snack and continue towards the shrine, munching the delicious dumplings the whole way.

As you near the shrine for the second time, you finish the last of the takoyaki, licking your fingers and immediately diving into a nearby shrub for no apparent reason...other than avoiding the chance of being seen. As you do, you hear a soft voice in the distance.
Your brow furrows...was that tired, muffled or both? You can't tell. You peek through the branches of the shrubbery and spot a lone figure shuffling towards and/or around the donation box.

Reimu, you think to yourself. The need for vengeance wells up within you once again!

...But you stop yourself. You know you shouldn't rush things...and you know there are several options ahead of you.

CURRENT SURROUNDINGS:
The shrub you're hiding in
The other shrubs and trees of varying ages and sizes
REEEEEEIIIIIMUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
The main shrine courtyard
The donation box you burgled earlier
The main shrine

YOU CAN:
Stay put. Something's wrong here...
Play the role of 'lost person in need'
Try to trick Reimu in a clever way to steal her shoes without her knowing until it's too late.

WHAT WILL YOU DO?
>> No. 23167
[X] Stay put... something's wrong here.

I know the moto is "fuck logic, steal shoes!" But most things take a backseat to self-preservation, and lets be honest, this is Reimu, and even if you steal her shoes, her level shows up as ???. Most WoW players know that this means attack(solo) at own risk.

And besides, your mother taught you to wait a half an hour to steal shoes after you eat... ;)
>> No. 23175
>>23167

I agree with this person.

[X] Stay put... something's wrong here.

Different targets call for different strategies. For Reimu, we should wait and see!
>> No. 23180
[x]Seduce Reimu
>> No. 23181
[x] Jump from tree to tree, bush to bush, while observing this person.
[x] Try and make your way inside the shrine.
>> No. 23182
>>23167
You're thinking too hard. Nothing takes a back seat to SHOES!

[+] Stay wrong…put some things here
[+] A superior foe? There is only one option.
[+] Throw money at the problem! Currency Sign, “Spare Change Crash”!
>> No. 23186
Well, you think you should stay put. This is Reimu we're dealing with - she's freaking powerful! You use your absurdly high Listen skill to see what the muffled voice is saying. In doing so, you not only realize that it is, in fact, Reimu, but that she seems...out of it. Like she's deprived of sleep. You reach for your wallet and pull it open...and a moth flies out of it.

That's right. You're broke. But the takoyaki was totally worth it.

So, given no other options, you continue listening to the inane mumblings of the overtired. You manage to catch snippets of talk, including (but not limited to), "I thought the collection wasn't picked up 'till Wednesday", "This is all Marisa's fault", "I want some takoyaki" and "...But if the interstellar lacrosse team played us..."

Now you're scratching your head. It's as though someone conked her on the head with something very heavy, or she's just so deprived of sleep she can't think straight. Now, all the pieces fit together. Several plans come to mind...plans that involve revenge...and SHOES!!!


CURRENT SURROUNDINGS:
Same as before

CURRENT CHOICES:
Trick Reimu in a hilariously clever way - preferably giving her a taste of her own medicine.
Play the role of 'lost little Youkai'
And now, for something completely different...

WHAT WILL YOU DO?
>> No. 23187
>>23182
Wait, what, this is coming from the rational one of us? But that's not important, shoes are.

[X]Combine options []Trick Reimu in a hilariously clever way and []And now for something completely different: procure a large, wooden badger, leave the hatch open, wheel it up to her (while disguised as a shrubery). When she goes into the hatch to investigate, steal the shoes from under her.

Am I forgeting something? Oh yeah.
[X]Fill her hovercraft with eels.
>> No. 23189
>>23187
SHOES! cannot be thought about rationally. It is impossible. Therefore, it is the "rational" action to be irrational about it.

But that's not important. SHOES! are.

[+] Trick her by hilariously playing the lost little youkai.
[+] Bluff Check: Puppydog Eyes
[+] Innocently console her about her life's problems while helping her to bed. Once sufficiently comatose, make like the devil and steal Reimu's sole(s).
>> No. 23190
[+] Trick her by hilariously playing the lost little youkai.
[+] Bluff Check: Puppydog Eyes
[+] Innocently console her about her life's problems while helping her to bed. Once sufficiently comatose, make like the devil and steal Reimu's sole(s).

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
>> No. 23191
[X]Combine options []Trick Reimu in a hilariously clever way and []And now for something completely different: procure a large, wooden sombrero, leave the hatch open, wheel it up to her (while disguised as a shrubery). When she goes into the hatch to investigate, steal the shoes from under her.
[X]Fill her hovercraft with eels.
>> No. 23192
[x] Run straight at her
[x] Yank her feet out from under her
[x] Take her shoes and run home
>> No. 23196
[+] Trick her by hilariously playing the lost little youkai.
[+] Bluff Check: Puppydog Eyes
[+] Innocently console her about her life's problems while helping her to bed. Once sufficiently comatose, make like the devil and steal Reimu's sole(s).
>> No. 23197
The time has come. You have your plan. You rehearsed your lines. You've rendered yourself barefoot. It's time to spring into action!

"Ummm...excuse me...?" you say in a soft, innocent voice. Reimu looks towards you, and you can immediately tell how tired she is by her barely-open eyes and the deep lines underneath aforementioned eyes.
"unnh...yes...?" She says, her own voice half muffled by her loosely-hanging jaw.
You struggle to hide a snicker as you continue the conversation, realizing to yourself just how easy this is going to be.
"I...I think I'm lost..." you sniffle a little, playing the part as best as you can. "I was playing with some friends, and I got lost...wh-where am I?" your high-pitched voice is only helping your position as it stands right now.
Given her condition, a look of realization comes over her face as much as is possible.
"Oh...well, we can...we can help you here...you're at the shrine. You can...rest here tonight."
"Oh!" you exclaim. "Wonderful! I was scared...I'm here to collect your donations you've gotten this week." You attain a more serious expression and sounding voice. "May I pick up the donations?"
"Oh..." Reimu's face falls a little...at least you think it does. "Well...umm, I..."
You look at the donation box by her, pretending to be shocked at the lone coin you left in it before. "Wow," you say, raising an air of questioning about the subject. "That's odd."
"I...don't know...what happened," Reimu mumbles, "but...but I...I think...that is, I...if we were to...were you here already?" she asks. You mentally snicker to yourself.
"I most certainly was not!" you exclaim. "And we must have a donation at least somewhat larger than..." you peer in the box. "...one yen!" You look at Reimu and say, "What can the shrine offer? This donation was going towards the human village, and they wanted more footwear. All of theirs was wearing through and thin!"

"Oh." The response is rather typical, but you decide to see where it goes. "Well...I...I don't know. Maybe the shrine could try again next week...or we could challenge Manchester United to baseball..."
You shake your head in frustration. Maybe it's best to get her to bed...perfect.
"Come on," you say to her. "You're obviously tired, so let's get you to bed."
Reimu obviously tries to complain, but you grab her arm and drag her into the shrine, making her point out where to go so you can get to where she sleeps. When you get there, she stares at the bed, like she's thinking about something. After about a minute of thought, she says, "But...I can't sleep...must...donate...need to get donations...for the people..."
"Of course, Reimu. But take it easy, alright?"

Before she can complain, you push her forward, and she trips over the foot of her bed and collapses face-first into her pillow. You almost immediately hear nothing but her steady breathing.
Perfect.
You lean in really close and whisper in her ear, "Since there's no other way, might I be able to donate your shoes to the donation box?"

You hear a muffled response, but you could swear it sounded like a "yes".

"Thank you, shrine maiden Reimu," you say.

A short while later, you're putting Reimu's glossy shoes in their own compartment in your shoe vault. By a pure stroke of luck, this mission was far easier than you could ever have hoped!

Just one question is left though: what should be done with the donation box you took with you?

MISSION COMPLETE!!!!
>> No. 23198
The sun broke over Gensokyo. The children of the human village were still sleeping. There was very little activity on the whole, as it were. However, even the roosters were silenced; not by plague or by farmers' hands, but by the demonic scream of anger that echoed over the hills from the Hakurei shrine.

Almost immediately, most of Gensokyo was awake, and several people were on their way to the shrine to make sure everything was all right.

Marisa was the first to arrive on the scene, followed by Patchouli and Aya.

"Well? What is it now?" Aya said excitedly. "News of goings on at the shrine...a great scoop!" She pulled her camera out and began looking at everything through the lens.

"Hold on, Aya..." Patchouli said quietly, pacing slowly towards Reimu. What's wrong, Reimu?" She then asked.
"I don't know why you're bothering to ask, Patchouli," Marisa said, shaking her head. "I can't distinguish her face from her dress right now."
Reimu lifted a finger and pointed. "...LOOK."

The three of them looked where she was pointing, and realized why she was angry.

The donation box was gone.

"Oh." Patchouli said quietly. "I see."
"You see!?" Reimu sputtered. "You see!?!? It's what you DON'T see! My donation box is gone! And I had this weird dream...but when I woke up, my shoes were gone! My SHOES! MY SHOES! GONE! WHAT'RE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS!?!?" She screamed, scaring several more people awake some distance away.

Before anyone could answer, Reimu looked up, an evil glint in her eye. "I know...it's time to hunt." She whispered as she hefted a large torch.

"Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!" Marisa exclaimed as she began to charge Master Spark.
"Come now," Patchouli said, hitting Marisa in the head and making her lose the charge she had so far. "We need to think about this rationally."

"Awwww..." Marisa pouted.

"No matter," Reimu said quietly, the murderous intent obvious in her voice. "We will come to find the culprit eventually...and then, I shall have my shoes back, and my revenge."
Patchouli sighed. "You're hopeless, Reimu." She handed the shrine maiden 10 yen before departing once more.

"Can't I just "love" something a little bit? Pleeeeeeaaaaaase?" Marisa whined.

"Done," Aya said excitedly after taking three dozen pictures of the shrine and the lone wooden post, all that remained of the donation box. "This'll be great!"
>> No. 23218
>>23198

... And thus began A Summer Day's Dream.
>> No. 23225
Looks like 'we' made an enemy... We're going to have to be very careful when we return for Suika's shoes.

>>23218

How so? I don't quite get the reference...
>> No. 23238
>>23225

Doujin Anime from Maikaze. Reimu's donation box was stolen in that anime too