[Return]
Archived thread

File 123754575930.jpg - (47.12KB , 300x557 , the waiting.jpg ) [iqdb]
22938 No. 22938
I hope there isn't any problem with writing more than one at a time. This idea was festering in my head. The hakurei shrine, being a shrine, has a honden, but a honden with no kami enshrined inside is a bit odd I think.
This will not be updated as frequently as my main story, but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

I'm trying to improve my English and the best way to do that is practice, practice, practice.

This happens in the same setting as the Landlord story, though you are unlikely to run into the landlord.
-------------------------------------
Faith is the sustenance of the Gods.

It is faith that nourishes your immaterial forms, that drives your divine virtues, that separates and raises you above the mean spirits and mere ghosts. Once you had faith aplenty; a host of followers; an entire clan of worshippers, providing their trust and faith in return for plentiful harvests and as a ward against all manner of evil. The Hakurei clan; great in their days of glory.

But, like most other things, days of glory do not last indefinably; despite best effort from man and god alike. Mayohiga, an emergent realm under rule of a vigorous and intelligent lord, united the lands; if for a little while. Many by diplomacy, some by force. The Hakurei clans, long complacent under your divine protection, soon found that having a divine patron; while a proof against youkai of all sorts, is little protection against the steel of Mayohiga.

Mayohiga, with her great military force, drove the youkai into the forests and the tengu up the mountain- undisputed control of the realm was theirs, but Hakurei was diminished greatly, many of her brave men never to return to their ancestral home; Hakurei soon became a vassal to Mayohiga. Mayohiga grew strong, and prosperous over the years, and then finally, in its turn, was overthrown, its once mighty army scattered, their great city ruined and abandoned, leaving only strange youkai inhabiting the town. Their lords dispossessed of their inheritance.

The Hakurei, with their liege lords and protectors destroyed, fared badly. You faith dwindled, till, at last, only one family remained. A kannushi and his wife, living in a small shrine atop a hill.

And so you went to sleep. And your faith seeped away, till even the keepers of the shrine; even they of whose part of your divine blood flow through their veins, forgot of your name, and your significance; the Hakurei shrine was essentially godless, her honden empty and cold. The descendants of the kannushi and miko ignorant of the very patron they served.

But now you awaken. Someone has acknowledged you- has believed in you- has spoken your name that no one has said for centuries.

Sensations come flooding back; a torrent of color sounds and smells assail your divine senses.

And by the celestial heavens, do you feel weak.

First things first…

[] You need a consort. You’re a god.
[] Test your divine virtues.
[] Shake the earth, yell “Hakurei has Awoken!” Let Thunder and lightning be your heralds. Seems appropriate.
[] Find a mirror; a God has to look the part.
[] Find whoever has summon you back from slumber.
[] Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!

Feel free to write in sensibly, once again.
--------------------------------
Well...this story will have shorter posts; using a lot of "high" sounding words, and I hope I haven't used them appropriately.

>> No. 22939
[] Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!
>> No. 22941
[X] Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!

An appropriate choice for a good start.
>> No. 22942
{X} Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!
>> No. 22943
[x] You need a consort. You’re a god.
>> No. 22944
[X] Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!

Reimu is going to be really surprised. And confused. Especially if she tries to evict us with her balls, only to find that they are, in fact, our balls.

Can we please make a "handling my balls" comment when we find Reimu with the orbs?
>> No. 22945
[X] Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!
>> No. 22949
[X] Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!
>> No. 22951
[X] Where the hell are my Yin-Yang Spheres? I left them right here!!!!

This sounds pretty good! Can't wait for more!
>> No. 22955
[ze] Find whoever has summoned you back from slumber.

Small Gods in Gensokyo?

...Awesome.
>> No. 22957
[] You need a consort. You’re a god.

Can't believe this won't win.
>> No. 22958
>>22957

Can't do that without our balls.
>> No. 22960
>>22958

This is Gensokyo. The only ones with balls are Rinnosuke and Marisa
>> No. 22962
>>22960
>> No. 22963
>>22960
Then we'll just have to take them then, hmm?
--------------------------------
Your eyes feel heavy; protesting as you open them, the weight of centuries of slumber is a hard one to bear after all. Not merely your eyes; every part of your divine form aches and grumbles as you rouse yourself fully. Blearily, you turn your head and scan the god-crypt in which you’ve lain for so long.

All the treasures and things of great worth from the days of your power and glory; now strewn about in wreck and decay- a pang of melancholy assails you; so much that has been fair and beautiful, now lying n the dust, faded and forgotten. There, an urn, once the finest Tang dynasty porcelain; bone white with depicted scene of a dragon and a tiger; a treasure brought over the sea from Imperial China. Now, it’s lies in pieces. A real, pity; you really liked that urn.

And of the spheres which were your greatest treasures. Crafted from the largest pearls from the dragon King’s palace, and the darkest obsidian from Fujiyama; you had turned forth all your skill in crafts and poured a portion of your power and divine virtues into them. And they’re not there…right where you set them down so many centuries ago…

Rage swells within your divine form.

Perhaps this day would have been a normal one for the Hakurei Shrine. Had you not noticed the theft of your mighty yin-yang spheres. Perhaps you would have roused, if for a moment, and then returned to slumber; the single mention of your name insufficient to fuel your mighty sinews. But not today; the theft would not go unpunished.

Through the earth and ground you rose; upwards, upwards, from your secret crypt and into the light far above.

Perhaps this day would have been a normal one indeed, but not for her. A girl sits at the shrine’s wooden flooring, tea in hand; and using one of your precious spheres as a footrest, rolling it about lazily with her heel; A FOOTREST!!!! The indignity!!!

With a thunderous roar, you burst from the earth in a shower of dirt, roots and recently evicted small animals, landing on your holy feet, atop the neglected flagstones. The shrine! Look at it!! Is this what your sacred ground has been reduced to?? The trees have overgrown, lending the place a gloomy air. The guardian dog statues are covered in the accumulated years of droppings; looking like they’re wearing wigs…but that isn’t important now. The spheres!

“You! How dare you lay your hands on the Yin-Yang spheres?” You bellow, the sky responding to your rage; thunderclouds drawing in. She stands in suprise, dropping her tea, eyes wide, and mouth open in shock. The sphere goes rolling unattended down the slight incline of the hill, till it finally stops at your feet.

“What are you doing? How dare you!” she cries, shock turning to irritation. “Cover yourself at once! Or else!”

What? So what if the ceremonial garb had rotted off you over the course of your slumber. In your day, the maidens would hurl themselves at your feet, with or without clothing. What impertinence!

“Or else? You dare talk to your Go-“Something slams into your “divine portions” with exceptional strength, interrupting you. A yin-yang sphere…how ironic.

“That’ll teach you, you pervert.” She laughs, looking slightly amused.

Oh really? With a sickly sound, the sphere loses traction and drops to the ground with a thud. With the wave of her hand, the sphere returns to her. But you’re quite unharmed; rather uncomfortable yes, but quite unharmed.

“Unhand the spheres,” you mutter dangerously, storm clouds brewing far above.

“No, they’re the Hakurei clan’s. They’ve been handed down throughout the generations. Why should I give them to you?” she asks, looking warily now; no doubt she’s rarely seen a man who can withstand such a mighty blow. It was a mighty blow, but your great sword is mightier still!

“My mother gave these to me,” she finishes, hand clasps firmly around the flawless surface of the sphere. “So I’m definitely not giving them to you!!”

“Girl, miko, you!” you growl.” Just who do you think made them?”

“Don’t know, don’t care~!” she sings, turning her head away.

That’s it. What an impertinent girl. “Girl! “ You bellow, causing a thunderclap for good effect. “HANDS OFF MY BALLS!”

There’s a crash from behind you. A man, with is bag upon the flagstones, contents spilling everywhere; his mouth hanging open and spectacles askew.

[] You! You’re my priestess’s husband? Why aren’t you extending the bloodline of my faithful? Your God commands you to begin. Now!
[] You! Who are you?
[] Ignore him. Your spheres are the pressing issue at hand.
[] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.
[] Calm yourself. Irrational Anger is unbecoming for one such as yourself.

Feel free to write in sensibly.
-----------------------
Thanks again.
>> No. 22964
[] Calm yourself. Irrational Anger is unbecoming for one such as yourself.
[] Extend and focus your will, summon yourself a loincloth. Hell, maybe some sandals as well.
[] Will the balls to your person and reveal yourself as the god of the shrine. Using thunder, lightning, the whole works.
>> No. 22966
[x] You! You’re my priestess’s husband? Why aren’t you extending the bloodline of my faithful? Your God commands you to begin. Now!

Oh. Oh yes.
>> No. 22968
[x] You! You’re my priestess’s husband? Why aren’t you extending the bloodline of my faithful? Your God commands you to begin. Now!
>> No. 22969
[] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.

Hey Reimu, look what I can do~
>> No. 22973
[x] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.
>> No. 22974
[X] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.

Rally to me, my balls!
>> No. 22975
>>22974

Couldn't help but think it will end up like so.
>> No. 22976
[X] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.

To me my balls!
>> No. 22977
[x] Ignore him. Your spheres are the pressing issue at hand.
[x] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.

Clearly the man is in awe of our godly physique. We put some of our divine virtue in those spheres. They shall not be handled in such a disrespectful manner.
>> No. 22980
>A man, with his bag upon the flagstones, contents spilling everywhere
And the innuendo continues.

[X] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.
>> No. 22987
[z] Ignore him. Your spheres are the pressing issue at hand.
[e] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.

>>22962
Where the hell is the rest of this? This is awesome.
>> No. 22989
>>22987

Only one I have from the (most likely) doujin.
>> No. 23003
[] Ignore him. Your spheres are the pressing issue at hand.
[] Show her who the real master of the bal…-spheres really is.

No matter; the man is of little consequence for now…

The impertinent girl standing so defiantly before you, however, is a different matter altogether. The time is ripe, you think; for a little demonstration of your power; to show her, just who the real master of the Yin-Yang Spheres really is. Thunder, lightning; the works

Never fails to impress; even that Demon from Mayohiga in the ancient times, had to turn tail and flee in the face of your utter wrath.

“Do you know who I am, girl?” you ask dangerously; drawing all the power your faith can provide. Not as much as would have liked; but certainly enough for the odd thunderbolt here and there.

The girl, remains defiant still; slipping readily into a ready stance; and is about to rise into the air; except that she doesn’t. Her powers failing utterly and her little leap off the wooden boards result in her falling face first onto the dirt below. No surprise actually; her powers are derived from her divine blood (as weak and diluted as it is), and its source, being your divine manifestation.

And oh! Your wrath fades, as she looks up from the dirt; eyes watery and nose smudged with mud; staring at you accusingly. Ah, shame on yourself, she’s little more than a child isn’t she? But you’ve come too far now; just one thunderbolt then, just to scare her a little and drive home your point.

And finally, she relents; releasing her hold on the sphere reluctantly, where it floats to your side; its rightful place. You turn away; enough is enough; perhaps the girl would not be so quick to lay claim on the rightful possessions of others now. And wearily, you would go to the honden, your rightful resting place, had the man not stopped you, facing you down.

“Who are you!” he demands angrily, casting worried glances at the sullen looking miko.

[] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
[] Feel free to write in sensibly. Eastern names only (Chinese or Japaense). Traditionally the old gods of Japan were derived from China as well, thus a Chinese name would be appropriate as well.
--------------------------------
It's quite short, but....
>> No. 23004
[] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
[] ... Oh alright, let her have one ball. Enough to fly at least.
>> No. 23005
[] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
>> No. 23006
[x] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
[x] ... Oh alright, let her have one ball. Enough to fly at least.
>> No. 23009
[x] "I, am the true god of Hakurei"
>> No. 23010
[x] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.

awesome

remedial bootcamp for lazy mikos starts tomorrow
>> No. 23012
Wait, -shin is a suffix? I've never heard of that one before. Citation needed?
>> No. 23013
[x] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
>> No. 23014
[+] Oo-Hakurei-Kuninushi-sama

If this is a god, then he should have a god's name.
>> No. 23015
>>23012
It's not Japanese per say; it's the Chinese style of addressing a god.
博麗ー神; essentially being the characters for Hakurei Shen in the chinese method of adressing their Gods; eg Erlang Shen( 3 eyed deity), or Cai Shen (God of Wealth (fortune)).
In Japanese, this would be shin; though the mode of address is still the Chinese style, having been literally brought over to Japan. Though more or less unused in modern speech.

Most Kami are referred to with the suffix- sama; thus more causal than the more archaic means of doing it.
>> No. 23016
[z] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
[e] ... Oh alright, let her have one ball. Enough to fly at least.
>> No. 23017
>>23015
You keep using long vowel marks where they don't belong.
>> No. 23018
[x] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
>> No. 23083
[] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.
>> No. 23086
[x] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.

Because a write in would involve a Google-quest for which I do not have time, nor patience, at this hour.
>> No. 23087
Aw, c'mon guys, let the miko have some balls.
>> No. 23091
[x] Dart out of the honden. “Priestess! Who’s this intruder in my sacred ground??”

sacrilege!
>> No. 23092
[] You may address me as…Hakurei-shin, or Hakurei-sama. If you wish to be informal.

The man steps back; looking as if you’ve dealt him a good slap; eyes wide and mouth slightly agape in an abstract expression of shock. It reminds you of the usual expression of the village idiot so long ago…but that is of little importance for now.

Still, it seems that you’ve gotten your point across; the man stands silently, before backing off, rushing to your priestess’s side. The girl slumps into his arms without much protest, looking drained; she leans forward and whispers something into his ear, receiving a nod in reply.

“With your permission, Hakurei-sama…I’d like to get Miss Reimu some water,” he asks meekly. His shoulders bowed and his tone, subservient. It’s obvious he’s reluctant to bend his knee to you; but for your priestess’s sake…Good man, he might make a good follower yet.

“Do so.” You nod, watching as he bows with the utmost reluctance and runs off to the well.

And now, for your priestess; Reimu, was it? What a feisty girl, you could see hints of her in the girl’s face; her demeanor; even her tone of voice. But still…

She glares at you as you approach, eyes the very definition of venomous. “Go away!” she says accusingly. “Leave me alone!”

“Listen to me, Reimu, Priestess. I am Hakurei, it is from me that your power stems. It is from my name that your clan derived their names. It is from my blood that yours stems as well. It is from-“

“You-are-still-naked!” she exclaims.

“I shall, retire then. Evening comes, think it over the night.” You advise, turning away from Reimu.

She doesn’t answer; but you’ll allow her this discourtesy for now; you’ve just fundamentally destroyed her world of self sufficiency after all. And if your once proud clan has been reduced to this slip of a girl…you’ll have your work cut out for you; divinity or no.

You approach your place of honor; your sacred ground. The honden of the Hakurei shrine. It’s in shocking neglect; the woodwork hasn’t been cleaned for generations and few, you expect, of the kami would have to deal with the indignity of magic mushrooms growing on his or her resting place.

Still, you climb the steps, ancient timbers protesting under your mighty form; briefly you note that the offerings alter only offers a considerable amount of bird’s droppings and that the paneling has been stripped of the countless charms and talismans that once adorned it. Yes, you do have a lot of work to do.

You step into the honden, its wooden panels not hindering you in any way, your sacred ground- your home. And who is this who dares sleep in the very heart of your domain??? The dark is no match for your divine sight; and what appears to be an unruly mass of green hair, bolsters and fluffy pillows greets you. Is it even alive? You reach a foot forward and prod the reclining figure with your toe.

“MMmmmmmmphj??” the figure stirs. It’s voice the very essence of the feminine. One bleary eye flickers open.

[] You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up.
[] Out! Out! Get Out!!! What has this shrine come to!!!
[] So, who are you, Miss?
[] Dart out of the honden. “Priestess! Who’s this intruder in my sacred ground??”
------------------------------
Know any student affordable tablets?
>> No. 23093
[x] You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up.
[x] Lay down next to her.
>> No. 23096
>Know any student affordable tablets?
That depends on your definition of affordable. If you can't pay somewhere in the $100-$150 MSRP range, you're probably better off boosting one. (I recommend starting a small fire in the opposite corner of the store as a distraction.)

[X] So, who are you, Miss?
Suika?
>> No. 23097
[x] So, who are you, Miss?
>> No. 23098
[X] "You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up."

Mima~.

I think she'll get a kick out of this.

Also, she would be an awesome consort.
>> No. 23102
[x] You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up.

>Mima route

YES

YESSS
>> No. 23103
[x] You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up.
>> No. 23104
[x] You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up.
>> No. 23105
[X] "You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up."
>> No. 23106
{X} "You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up."
>> No. 23108
[x] Out! Out! Get Out!!! What has this shrine come to!!!
>> No. 23110
[x] Out! Out! Get Out!!! What has this shrine come to!!!
>> No. 23112
[Y] "You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up."
>> No. 23113
[X] Out! Out! Get Out!!! What has this shrine come to!!!
>> No. 23114
[X] "You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up."
>> No. 23115
[] You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up.
>> No. 23121
[ze] "You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up."
>> No. 23135
This thread is awesome.
I'd advertise it on the other boards if it were faster, but I kinda like this relaxed pace anyway.
>> No. 23136
[ODIN] "You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up."

I am Norseman, and I approve of this thread.
>> No. 23146
>>23135>>23136
Thanks, it does mean a lot.
--------------------
[] You’re my consort? That was fast; I just woke up.

The figure; a woman? No you perceive her to be some kind of spirit, rouses herself, her hair in utter disarray- cascading over her face and body like green silk. She seems material enough, with enough form and substance to exist in any significant shape in the mundane world, though she looks to be rather unkempt for such a powerful spirit. She sits up, revealing a rumpled garment, so thin that a human could see through it, yet alone one with your divine perception.

“My…this wasn’t what I expected when I woke up, it’s really impressive” she smirks gamely, though her eyes harden as she continues. “But, I’m afraid that contrary to what you might think, I’m-not-as-easy-as-that.” She says, pausing at each syllable for emphasis.

“Likewise, Miss, I’m particularly picky of those I deem fit to share my bed with.” You reply curtly.

“What?” she snorts, before degenerating into a fit of amused laughter; the sounds of her mirth seeming to echo in the enclose space. “You’re gutsy, my man, but-“her laughter cuts abruptly as her tone goes serious. “Just who do you think you are, anyway?” she asks dangerously.

“Your God…and it seems, your host.” You answer. What impertinence.

“pfffft,” She looks at you darkly. “You’re funny- congratulations; you’ve amused me- a little. I’ll let you leave her unharmed. Now shoo.”

Briefly, you consider if smiting her with a bolt of lightning would be appropriate. Perhaps not.

“What are you waiting for? The door’s over there; and while you’re at it, tell that lazy miko that she’s free to drop in a bottle of sake every now and then.”

Impertinance; this is your realm, your holy land, and…

[] Grab her foot, throw her out.
[] Laugh. If you’re so insistent on sharing my bed Miss…
[] Priestess! Your first job! Hand her back a sphere as a test of her abilities.

Feel free to write in sensibly once again.
--------------------------
Got a hand-me-down wacom bamboo fun; for such an odd name; it seems to work well though I'm not particularly used to it yet.
>> No. 23147
[X] Laugh. If you’re so insistent on sharing my bed Miss…

Delicious Mima, must tease.
>> No. 23148
[] Laugh. If you’re so insistent on sharing my bed Miss…
[] Wait! This will be the perfect test!
[] Priestess! Your first job! Hand her back a sphere as a test of her abilities.
>> No. 23149
Before anything gets picked...

What exactly do our godly powers entail? I know we can create lighting n' shit like before, and control the yin-yang orbs, but to what particular provinces does our power extend?

I ask because, if Mima must be given the boot, the way in which she is must be awesome.
>> No. 23151
>>22963

Great picture, by the way.
Funny, I had envisioned Hakurei-shin/sama as looking something like that.
>> No. 23152
[] Laugh. If you’re so insistent on sharing my bed Miss…
>> No. 23155
[x] Grab her foot, throw her out.
>> No. 23163
>>23146

I don't know what to choose, all options sounds nice!
>> No. 23164
[X] Laugh. If you’re so insistent on sharing my bed Miss…
>> No. 23168
Hmm... You are treated with hostility by your own miko, who still has not recognized you despite your demonstration of power. A powerful spirit has apparently taken up residence in your shrine during your absence. Spirit orders you to leave and have miko bring offerings of sake... I'd say your priestess has been worshipping a false god while you were gone.
(Given the state of the shrine though... perhaps the priestess has been deceived and forced into poverty.)

[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS!!! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23169
[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23174
>>23168

Don't forget the fact that someone has awakened you through memory, and, apparently, it wasn't your miko.
Seriously, does that even make sense?

Changing vote:
[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23176
[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23178
>>23168
oshit

[z] Drag her out front by the foot.
[e] "PRIESTESS!!! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23179
[ODIN] Drag her out front by the foot.
[ODIN] "PRIESTESS!!! Explain yourself!"

Divine wrath is divine.
>> No. 23185
[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS!!! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23188
[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS! Explain yourself!"

I like this.
>> No. 23195
[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23201
I thought Mima didn't have feet.
>> No. 23202
Then I guess we better drag her out by the butt... tail... thing. Other options include the hair (iono bout tryin that) and the ear.
>> No. 23203
[x] Drag her out front by the foot.
[x] "PRIESTESS! Explain yourself!"
>> No. 23206
>>23201

It changes during the PC98 games. Shrimptail ;_;
>> No. 23227
[] Grab her foot, throw her out.
[] Priestess! Explain Yourself!!!

And then, she rolls right over and returns to slumber, hugging her bolster with her shapely posterior regions sticking into the air. She’s not appropriately covered, but you’re not complaining; in fact you’re rather a little agitated to be any interested for the moment, despite the view.

Granted that this spirit is a pretty one; but pretty or not…

Her eyes pop open in surprise as you stoop and take hold of one slender foot (in a spiritual sense of course), lifting her into the air as easily as one would lift a cat; with a high pitched shriek of fright, she’s hoisted up, her night shirt obeying gravity and falling about her head as she struggles upside down, her free leg kicking ineffectively in the air.

“What! What is this!!!” she yelps as you move towards the sealed door, her lengths of emerald hair being swept through the dust upon the floor timbers. “How in the makai can you touch me???”

Grimly, you ignore her cries of fright and throw the ancient door open, scattering ofuda in the breeze as the doors promptly fall over with a crash, broken into pieces. That priestess of yours…she didn’t even maintain the honden properly…

“Priestess!!!’ you call, “PRIESTESS!!!”

“Orreries Su-“ the manhandled spirit squeals, all traces of her old confidence gone; just as you yank the card out of her hand. “Give that back!!!”

“Behave,” you command sternly, pocketing the card (Gods can do that; even without pockets.) You’ll look at it when you have some time at your leisure.

“Priestess Reimu!!! I summon you!!!”

“Oh, stop yelling…I just woke up…and don’t hang me so close to your…”

Without fuss, you reposition your captive in a more comfortable position as you stalk around the grounds of the shrine. One full circle, you made of the grounds, and no sight of your priestess; but she’s not in the immediate vicinity, or you would sense her aura…

But as you pace about scowling, your hearing picks up the sounds of footsteps at the stairs near the torii. Not your shrine maiden, but one of your faithful perhaps? Your muscles coil as you leap over the shrine itself, landing with a mighty crash, and right in front of your visitor.

“Eeep!!!” she lets out a frightened squeal; falling over from the force of your landing, rolling over, her green hair falling into disarray. You watch with curiosity as she picks herself up; her eyes turning wildly from your face to your captive’s inverted form.

“Don’t mind me...” your captive mumbles darkly. “He’s the boss here…”

“Am…am I interrupting something…er…private?? The visitor asks meekly, lowering her head as your approach her…awed as she should be. “I mean that…er…you’re running around…er….well…unclothed and that…well…”

“Speak up, what is your business here?” you ask, giving her permission to speak.

“EEp!!!” she jumps, at your voice. “Er…I’mheretoclosethisshrinedown!!!” she squeals rapidly, hand clutched tightly across her chest.

[] Kindly repeat yourself, Miss.
[] Have you seen my Miko? Slightly shorter than you are, black hair… slothful and irresponsible.
[] …close my shrine? Laugh.
-------------------------------
There, established a time frame. You probably won't run into the landlord now.
I hope the picture's done right.
>> No. 23228
{X} …close my shrine? Laugh.
>> No. 23229
[X] …close my shrine? Laugh.
[X] Give her a show - storming clouds, lightning, thunder, the works.

Oh, Sanae. You don't know what you've started.
>> No. 23230
[X] …close my shrine? Laugh.
[X] Give her a show - storming clouds, lightning, thunder, the works.
>> No. 23232
[X] …close my shrine? Laugh.
[X] Give her a show - storming clouds, lightning, thunder, the works.
>> No. 23233
[X] …close my shrine? Laugh.
[X] Give her a show - storming clouds, lightning, thunder, the works.

:awesome:
>> No. 23236
[x] Kindly repeat yourself, Miss.
[x] YOU WHAT?!?!

Ohohoho. Shit hits the fan.
>> No. 23239
[x] "Kindly repeat yourself, Miss."
[x] Stare. Jiiiiiiiiii...
[x] Burst out laughing. Oh, these mortals and their humor~

"What? Foreclosure? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!... Haa...
Good one."
>> No. 23240
[X] …close my shrine? Laugh.
[X] Give her a show - storming clouds, lightning, thunder, the works.
>> No. 23242
>>in fact you’re rather a little agitated to be any interested for the moment, despite the view.

This is a bit confusing.
This might be a closer to what you meant:
>>"in fact, you're a little too agitated to have any interest at the moment, despite the view."
I would leave out "rather", and instead use "too" when referring to agitation. This is because what you are describing is an excess (of agitation, in this case.)
Also, I would use "have any interest" instead of "be any interested" because "any" refers to "interest", which counts as a trait of the speaker (hence, "have".)

I don't mean to nit-pick; I know that you're trying to practice your English, and thought I should point these out.
Both your vocabulary and knowledge of sentence structure is really impressive for a second language, though... REALLY impressive.
>> No. 23245
[x] …close my shrine? Laugh.
[x] Give her a show - storming clouds, lightning, thunder, the works.
[x] Don't forget to pose for the ladies!
>> No. 23246
[x] "Kindly repeat yourself, Miss."
[x] "You stand before Hakurei-shin, mind you, the god of this shrine! So choose your words carefully."
[x] "Go on... Speak."
[x] Ominious rumbling thunder.

Hakurei-shin needs to channel some Leonidas and kick Sanae down the stairs. I want to be the god of high blood-pressure and bellowing!
>> No. 23255
>>23246
>> No. 23267
>>23246
Best divine provinces ever.

>>23255
Was the rest of this ever posted?
>> No. 23268
[x] "Kindly repeat yourself, Miss."
[!/] "You stand before Hakurei-shin, mind you, he god of this shrine! So choose your words carefully."
[!/] "Go on... Speak."
[!/] Ominious rumbling thunder.


Poor Sanae ;_;
>> No. 23273
[d] "Kindly repeat yourself, Miss."
[a] "You stand before Hakurei-shin, mind you, the god of this shrine! So choose your words carefully."
[z] "Go on... Speak."
[e] Ominious rumbling thunder.

Changed my vote.
>> No. 23274
>>23242
Also seconding what's said at the end, there.
>> No. 23275
[x] "Kindly repeat yourself, Miss."
[x] "You stand before Hakurei-shin, mind you, he god of this shrine! So choose your words carefully."
[x] "Go on... Speak."
[x] Ominious rumbling thunder.
>> No. 23276
[x] "Kindly repeat yourself, Miss."
[x] "You stand before Hakurei-shin, mind you, the god of this shrine! So choose your words carefully."
[x] "Go on... Speak."
[x] Ominious rumbling thunder.
>> No. 23280
>>23274

The true hilariousness is the fact that some "writers" wanted to become a "professional writer" since their childhood.



Only to lose out to another "writer" or 2 who learned English as a 2nd language.
>> No. 23282
>>23267

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk0egzkzmky

Touhou + 300 is exactly as cool as it sounds.
>> No. 23283
>>23282
They finished it?
>> No. 23284
>>23283

Just the first part as of yet. The second part was apparently due at C75 or thereabouts. It took more than a year after its release just to get the first part scanlated....

Courtesy sage.
>> No. 23285
Would you really kick Sanae down the stairs?
>> No. 23286
>>23285

Yes.
>> No. 23287
>Er…I’mheretoclosethisshrinedown!!!
>!!!

Weren't you told to cut this shit out in the Landlord thread?
>> No. 23290
>>23287

Cheese with whine, etc.
>> No. 23291
>>23285

Only because that sort of thing turns me on.
... Don't judge me.
>> No. 23294
>Would you really kick Sanae down the stairs?

Probably won't need to with our state of undress. She will probably slip and fall back with at the sight of our approaching of our godhood. A few steps backing down the stairs... all of sudden she's eyelevel with all our glory and *trip!*
>> No. 23313
>>23291
>Don't judge me
...You're on the internet.

In a community of 4chan-descended people.

What the hell, go ahead and ask us not to say fag/faggot anymore, too. You'll have just as much success.

Assuming you're not trolling.
>> No. 23314
>>23313

Well, Touhou fans do have a bit of a reputation for being... "devoted".

I bet Catholics wouldn't like it if I said I wanted to kick the Pope down the stairs (even though everyone would totally laugh, and they know it.)

Not much of a comparison, but you get the picture. I've already had my fill of shitstorms today; why risk it?
>> No. 23323
>>23287
I'll admit that I overused "!"s in the Landlord's story, though I'm limiting myself to three at most- to put some emphasis on an exclamation.
Thanks for your concern though; grammatical errors and such do occur, but I'll try to reduce them as possible.

Well...I just seem to gravitate towards Sanae and Co don't I? Ah well... I suppose its as good as any other.
---------------------------------
[x] "Kindly repeat yourself, Miss."
[x] "You stand before Hakurei-shin, mind you, the god of this shrine! So choose your words carefully."
[x] "Go on... Speak."
[x] Ominious rumbling thunder.

The maiden flinches back, like a person slapped hard, hands still clutched protectively about her body as she involuntarily jumps back; so awed is she by your presence.

“Ha-hakurei-shin?” she stutters. “But-but this place doesn’t have a-a…er…god! I…I”

“Go on,” you encourage; else you would be standing here all night, at the rate the maiden is going. “speak…”

“Yeah, yeah, go on…” your captive continues grumpily, “then maybe he’ll let me down from here…oof!” she gasps as you release her limb; ending up on a pile on the ground. “Don’t you dare move, spirit.” You warn, sparing her a glance.

“Alright- alright! I’ll just sit here and look pretty then.” She retorts sarcastically; though she does abide by your wishes, hugging her legs as she tries to cover her bare skin; grumbling furiously to herself as you turn back to the more pressing matter at hand.

“Well? We don’t have all night, girl.” You press; your eyes narrowing as you realize that her eyes are not focused on yours, but rather somewhere much lower. But mesmerized by your divinity as she is, ou don’t have all night. “ Girl! “ you roar,” declare your intentions or leave!” stepping forward to get a reaction- any reaction from this unusual person.

“Eyah! Don’t kick me down the stairs!” she shrieks, throwing her hands up in surrender.

“Girl, you’re high strung aren’t you?” you comment, string down at the petite green haired girl, shaking like a leaf before you; strange hair ornamentation catching the last rays of the setting sun. A coil of silver, vaguely reminiscent of a snake and a token of a frog, of some material you were unfamiliar with.

Those trinkets…they’re divine tokens. It seems that this girl really is a shrine maiden after all.

Lunging forward you grab her by the shoulder.

“You! Girl! Trespasser in my domain!” you cry,” where did you come from? Whom do you serve?” shaking her, not too gently, a rumble of thunder in the background. “The accursed realm of Mayohiga and in the service of her warmongering lords? But that is no sigil of that realm! Or perhaps you’re from the uncouth lands of the south! Or the cold north! Where are you from! Speak!” you roar.

The girl comes close to wilting in your hands, hair in disarray; fear emanates from her very being. “Chuushin town…” she whispers hoarsely. “I’m from Chuushin town…I just came here…”

Chuushin? You’ve never heard of this realm, or of its lords, or of the Gods or Goddesses they revere. Is she trying to lie to you? She’s interacted with a person of Mayohiga in the past as well…the foul stench of all their bloodthirsty kind lies on her…along with the scents of strange things. Foreign things. How strange indeed.

[] Surely you meant, “Chuugoku”, girl! The Tang Emperor and the old lord of my followers were on good terms; you dare shame your lord so by violating our treaties??
[] Snake and frog…snake and frog…the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.
[] Turn to your spirit captive. “You’re privy to the nuances of this modern language. Translate her babbling”

Feel free to write in sensibly. Within reason of course.
---------------------------
I'm placing writing on hold for day or two after this. For both this and the Landlord's story. A number of tests coming up and I'll need to put in some effort.
>> No. 23324
[X] Snake and frog… snake and frog… the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

I just want to burst into Moriya Shrine, still naked, screaming bloody murder, to ask Kanako and Suwako what the hell they think they're doing. Friends don't try to destroy the shrines - and therefore existence - of friends.
>> No. 23325
[X] Snake and frog… snake and frog… the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.
>> No. 23326
>>22938
[X] Snake and frog… snake and frog… the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.
Naked god fight: A few steps above BIBLE FIGHT.
>> No. 23327
>>23323
Chuugoku in this case would mean the middle bit of Japan.

Chuugoku as a name for China is a modern thing. If the god only knows China from the Tang dynasty, then he would refer to it by the dynasty name Tang (Tang-goku? not sure).
>> No. 23328
[] Snake and frog…snake and frog…the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

[] "...How long was I left to slumber?"
>> No. 23329
[X] Snake and frog… snake and frog… the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.
>> No. 23330
[X] Snake and frog… snake and frog… the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.
>> No. 23331
[x] Surely you meant, “Chuugoku”, girl! The Tang Emperor and the old lord of my followers were on good terms; you dare shame your lord so by violating our treaties??

This is where Sanae soils herself.
>> No. 23332
[x] Surely you meant, “Chuugoku”, girl! The Tang Emperor and the old lord of my followers were on good terms; you dare shame your lord so by violating our treaties?
>> No. 23337
[ODIN] Snake and frog… snake and frog… the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

This will be awesome.
>> No. 23339
[] Snake and frog…snake and frog…the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

Though the thing about China would be awesome, this has even more potential.
>> No. 23340
[!/]Snake and frog… snake and frog… the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

In during along the lines of GN Guncannon and DAT Hat.
Chuushin Town? Sounds familiar. Almost Cúchulainn kind of familiar.

;_;
>> No. 23342
[] Snake and frog…snake and frog…the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.
>> No. 23343
[z] Snake and frog…snake and frog…the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

[e] "...How long was I left to slumber?"
>> No. 23345
[x] Snake and frog…snake and frog…the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

Hakurei-shin was perhaps aquainted with Suwako while she was the true god of old Moriya? How the mighty have fallen... then again, Hakurei-shin isn't doing much better right now.
>> No. 23346
>>23345

A shrine that hasn't seen a proper cleaning in ages and only one descendant left who, at the first sign of trouble, promptly ditched/sold the shrine away to a rival faith. Yeah...
>> No. 23351
Wow, the protagonist this time is a real asshole.
>> No. 23352
>>23351
Gods tend to be jerks that love to screw people over. Laid back ones tend to be in the minority and are usually associated with booze.
>> No. 23356
Couldn't help but feel this is a great Hakurei-Shin

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4266585
>> No. 23359
update!
>> No. 23360
soon; I'll get through my tests by the weeks end.
>> No. 23386
[x] Update.
>> No. 23393
the week's end has come and gone!
>> No. 23396
A little late. I apologize.
--------------------------
[] Snake and frog…snake and frog…the weight of long sleep lies heavily on you, yet you’re sure you’ve seen these tokens, or their like, before.

Those tokens, yes, you’re sure you seen their like somewhere before. But for now, you cannot quite recall their origins. The answer tickles the edge of your memory, yet never really crossing the boundaries into recollection.

You look down at the trembling girl before you. Yes, she would know.

“Which spirit or deity has sent you?” You repeat once more.

“Mor…Moriya!!!” she almost squeals. “I’m from the Moriya shrine! On the mountain!”

Moriya. Yes, you do know that name. The Golden Haired Child Goddess; ever young and joyful; or so claimed her followers, in the ancient days when the Gods took physical form in the mortal realm.

“You serve the frog Goddess?” you question, eyes narrowing, But instead of an affirmation, the girl just looks at you in a confused manner. “Frog Goddess?” she mouths, though she doesn’t elaborate. How unusual, though it is not the most pressing matter at the moment. “And your purpose was to-“ you stop, allowing her to continue, without further prompting.

“…close this shrine down…” she whispers.

“Go find Reimu, you…whatever your name is.” You order, turning to your spirit girl. “In the name of Hakurei, I order you find my priestess and bring her to me.”

“Haa? You expect me to…!! She protests, still reclining where you dropped her, though her expression changes abruptly. “What in the world! Oh come on! It’s not fair! You can control my actions as well? That’s just unfair! Hey wait!....” her voice trails off as her body jerks in to motion on it own accord, following the divine mandate you’ve set for it. As a spirit bound to your land, she’s compelled to serve you anyway.

Though, the green haired miko before you remains silent, watching rather dejectedly as spirit limps off in a disjointed manner, fighting the compulsion and swearing all the while. “Shouldn’t you give her some clothes first?” she voices nervously, mustering courage to speak.

Such ignorance. Spirits such as her are not afflicted with cold or heat. But you ignore her.

“Get you gone, girl, and cease your foolish jesting. Moriya has never had the power to challenge me.” You rebuke her challenge. “I fear not the frog goddess, nor her followers.”

“Frog Goddess?” But…but I don’t know what -“she protests, though you cut her off with a glare. “Moriya is a sna-“

“ Enough! Leave the lands of the Hakurei!” You roar, and she does, turning tail and fleeing down the steps with a yell of fright, and falling over and rolling with a muffled squeal, into the darkness below.

“Got her…” someone mumbles from behind you. Your spirit, no doubt, along with a very irate, sleepy looking miko.

“Your orders, Hakurei-sama?” the miko growls, voice scratch and dry. “There is no higher honor than being woken in the middle of the night to serve the whims of a naked old God.” She snarls.

Good. Her hearts in the right place then. All seems well, though you've never identified the snake token...

[] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[] Plan the invasion of the mountain.

Feel free to write in Sensibly, once more.
----------------------------------
Please do note that Sanae never knew about Suwako till after MoF.
>> No. 23397
[] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
>> No. 23398
[x] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
>> No. 23399
[X] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[X] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[X] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
[X] "To have the gall to try and shut down my shrine? Let us show them the wrath of true divinity. Perhaps give them the honor of becoming a branch shrine."

I like all of these options.

Also, we ought to get Mima some clothes.
>> No. 23400
[X] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[X] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[X] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
[X] "To have the gall to try and shut down my shrine? Let us show them the wrath of true divinity. Perhaps give them the honor of becoming a branch shrine."

I may be indecisive, but these look good together. His indignation will be priceless when he asks about the soldiers.
>> No. 23401
>>23399
>Also, we ought to get Mima some clothes.
Sir, I disagree with you - completely.
>> No. 23402
[X] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[X] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[X] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
[X] "To have the gall to try and shut down my shrine? Let us show them the wrath of true divinity. Perhaps give them the honor of becoming a branch shrine."
[X] Put on a fundoshi or something, if only to the get the Miko and the spirit to stop complaining about your nakedness.
>> No. 23403
>>23402
>[X] Put on a fundoshi or something, if only to the get the Miko and the spirit to stop complaining about your nakedness.

Why? Going Commando is manly.
>> No. 23404
>>23401

That body should be for our eyes only.

But I'm willing to compromise. We can include a collar and leash.
>> No. 23407
[d] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[a] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[z] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
[e] "To have the gall to try and shut down my shrine? Let us show them the wrath of true divinity. Perhaps give them the honor of becoming a branch shrine."
>> No. 23409
>>23404
Skip the leash, but I like the collar idea.
>> No. 23411
[X] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[X] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[X] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
[X] "To have the gall to try and shut down my shrine? Let us show them the wrath of true divinity. Perhaps give them the honor of becoming a branch shrine."
This is ridiculous. I like it.
>> No. 23413
I just noticed...
In the first post:

>>Well...this story will have shorter posts; using a lot of "high" sounding words, and I hope I haven't used them appropriately.
>>lot of "high" sounding words, and I hope I haven't used them appropriately.
>>I hope I haven't used them appropriately.
>>appropriately

Wait, what?

Also, I think you used that semicolon incorrectly. Not that it's a big deal; misusing semicolons is relatively common, even in higher-level writing. They are meant to be used to show the strong relationship between two independent clauses (like how I just did.)
>> No. 23418
>Please do note that Sanae never knew about Suwako till after MoF.

Actually, she did.
>Sanae is currently Kanako's Shrine Maiden, but the reason she can create miracles is because she is Suwako's distant descendant. Despite this, she does not seem to understand why there are two gods within her own shrine.
>> No. 23421
[X] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[X] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[X] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
[X] "To have the gall to try and shut down my shrine? Let us show them the wrath of true divinity. Perhaps give them the honor of becoming a branch shrine."

This will turn out interesting. I wonder how Suwako will respond once we really do invade.
>> No. 23422
>>23421
Lol, what do you think happens when any religion (asides Buddhism) is being forced to convert by the sword?
>> No. 23424
More importantly, can we even win? Kanako and Suwako have all the faith now.
Besides, I'll bet the only reason they wanted to close down the shrine is because they thought it no longer had a god.

Problem solved.
>> No. 23500
Back to work...back to writing.
------------------------
[] Array the faithful for war. How many soldiers do you have?
[] Hold out the Yin-Yang Spheres. “What do you say, Reimu, to earning the right to wield these?”
[] Plan the invasion of the mountain.
[X] "To have the gall to try and shut down my shrine? Let us show them the wrath of true divinity. Perhaps give them the honor of becoming a branch shrine."

“In times of urgency, the Hakurei would summon worthy individuals throughout the land for council.” You announce; drawing somewhat curious looks from your priestess and your servant.

“…so?” the priestess scoffs.

“It appears that the magnitude of this grave insult is lost upon our priestess,” you rebuke, eyes narrowing as you stalk about in a small circuit. “Servant!” you call, looking the spirit girl eye to eye. “Explain- in simple terms if needed, but make sure my priestess understands.” The spirits shrugs wearily, still the very appearance of slovenliness, and turns to the pert girl.

“The Moriya shrine wants to shut us down.” She explains simply, drawing a sharp intake of breath from the miko.

“See? See? You senile old….argh! Couldn’t you have told me directly instead of mumbling something about councils and…” she yells, uncaring of your disapproving glares. It is most unseemly for a priestess to be arguing with her own God indeed, but you’ll be lenient for now. There is a more pressing matter at hand. “Enough, Priestess!” you admonish, “we are at war; and I will not my followers to be converted by the sword to this mockery of a kami! We will gather the faithful for war!”

“What faithful?” Priestess Reimu nearly screams, fist clenched tightly at her sides as her robe threatens to slip off. “There’s only me!”

“What of the Hakurei’s household guard? Surely there would be some descendents left?” you ask, staring at the fuming priestess before you.

“Ehh…actually,” the spirit begins. The last of the line of guards died off when the Portuguese introduced the harquebus into combat... I’ve been here for quite a while…never saw anything like that though…he swung it and boom, and he just fell over.”

“You’re telling me that the Hakurei’s household retainers got killed by a “harquebus”? What is this “Harquebus” you speak off?” you ask.

“You’ve been sleeping a long time, Hakurei-sama. The world has changed quite a bit.” She answers coldly. “The kami are not as powerful as they once were…” she states contritely, hinting at something. An oddly satisfied look upon her face. What nonsense. You are here are you not?

“Choose your words wisely, spirit.” You warn, “Lest you cut yourself with your sharp tongue.” The spirit doesn’t answer, instead turning away angrily. “And my priestess would do well to heed this advice as well.”

“You…you!.” Reimu mutters under her breath. “Just go back to sleep and leave me alone already. I don’t care about your little kami-competition, so if you want to fight, go do it yourself!” the miko snarls. “I quit! I’ll go become washerwoman! I’ll go help Kourin out! I’ll go find a Landlord and become a housekeeper in exchange for lodgings! I’ll…I’ll…”

“How tiresome. Sleep.” You order, and your priestess’s eyes snap shut, breathing slowing to a light snore as she tips over, mid sentence, as your spirit servant catches her. “Perhaps she’ll be better disposed in the morning.” The spirits nods at that.

“Put her to bed, and then gather all the allies you know off; and have them assemble at dawn.” You order. “Only the most trustworthy will do. I plan to assail the mountain of Moriya, and bring low the frog goddess and her unseemly conceit. Perhaps when I have my victory, they shall become a branch shrine.”

“Yes, Hakurei-sama…”the spirit replies, and begins to ascend into the air with your permission. “…pot calling …kettle….ack…”
--
Dawn comes, not to the sound of prayers or chanting, but to a high pitched chattering of unusual proportions and also to a strange aroma of overcooked mushrooms. Bits of pieces of the conversation filter through the poorly maintained timbers of the honden.”

“-and he walks around, naked!?!” a young girl’s voice squeals. “Wow! Really! There’s something about guys who do that kind of-you know-“

“Pfft, oni walk around naked, all the time!”

“-Kourin does that too! When he thinks he can get away with it, ze!”

“ Aiya…please spare me.”

“Ah….what a noisy morning…” Reimu’s voice filters through. “Drinking? So early?”

“Anytime is Sake time!”

“Haa~? Why are you all here so early?” she asks.

“Didn’t you call us for something important, Reimu? I mean if you woke Mima up to send a message, it must be important. You didn’t send the message did you?”

“Wha…oh…damn it. I was hoping it was all a bad dream…the conclusion was concealed, but it was still bad…and now it’s real! “She moans.

Yes. It seems that the reality has set in. Your priestess understands the gravity of the situation. One should not take war lightly. Maybe she'll earn the right to wield the spheres yet.Yes, she'll earn the right...

Stepping up from our place of honor, you retrieve the spheres and pass through the sanctified timbers, emerging into the daylight regally.

“Hail, and well met, allies and friends of Hakurei…” you announce gravely.

“He’s naked! Oh wow! Kourin has nothing on that, ze!” a young girl, with golden hair yells excitedly.

“…we know, Marisa. I don’t think any of us didn’t notice.” Reimu speaks wearily.

A strange assembly indeed. Asides from your servant and your priestess, two others have come. A small girl, an oni if you are not wrong, along with the fore mentioned golden haired girl. This one is human, but with a spark of magic within her. An interesting group; not quite the vast host of fighting men you were hoping for, but interesting nonetheless.

But for now, you approach your priestess, spheres in hand. "Would you like to earn the right to wield these, priestess?" you ask, two of the spheres in hand.

"Feh, I didn't need your permission in the first-"

“Question!” the blond girl interrups. “We’re here to fight this “Moriya” of yours right?”

You nod.

“Can we loot them?”

[] Yes
[] No
[] …How belligerent
------------------------
It's been slow, the past few days. I enjoy this though. The choice to let Reimu earn the spheres is selected.
>> No. 23501
[X] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[X] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."

Kleptodeity?
>> No. 23503
[X] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[X] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."
>> No. 23507
[X] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[X] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."
>> No. 23511
[X] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[X] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."
>> No. 23515
[X] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[X] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."
>> No. 23516
[x] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[x] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."
>> No. 23517
[ODIN] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[ODIN] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."

Marisa is going to pillage Moriya, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 23518
>the conclusion was concealed

ಠ_ಠ

[x] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[x] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."
>> No. 23519
[x] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[x] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."

Marisa would make an excellent enforcer for Hakurei.
>> No. 23572
>>23519

...But being a miko is impossible for her.
>> No. 23573
Seriously, as funny as this has been, we should probably put clothes on at some point. It would be unbecoming of a God to go into war without his regal holy garb...
>> No. 23577
>>23573
You've never seen braveheart have you?
>> No. 23579
It is only right that a god should gird his loins before a righteous battle.

Chest unclothed, though. Our divine form must be known in such a way, at least.
>> No. 23581
>>23579

Should we get in on our miko's detached sleeves style, then?
>> No. 23582
>>23581

That'd be awesome and creepy.
>> No. 23583
>>23581
FUND IT
>> No. 23606
>>23581

Hakurei's divine province: armpits

It all makes so much sense now...
>> No. 23607
>> No. 23612
>>23607

Why look at man-pits when you can look at god-pits?
>> No. 23619
>>23612

MANosuke is a member of the Greek pantheon.
>> No. 23621
>>23619
You typoe'd MANthenon there.
>> No. 23703
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE UPDATES
WHERE ARE THE UPDATES WRITEFAG
>> No. 23772
This took a little long. I apologize.

------------------
[x] "Well, yes, that would be customary for religious wars, I suppose."
[x] "Do try to keep it to a minimum, mind - I do wish to command some loyalty once I've shown them the light."

What a precocious child indeed. Her question takes even you a aback.

A rare person indeed, though perhaps a little overenthusiastic.

Too overenthusiastic.

“Looting you say, child? What’s your name, girl?” You ask, peering down at the golden haired girl; ah, you sense that she’s a mystic- a magician in other words, though you sense that in addition to her innate power, she carries another source of power- a potent one at that.

“Mmm, I’m Marisa!” she crows exuberantly, raising an arm in greeting. “Good to meet ya! You’re the Hakurei kami huh? Reimu doesn’t look anything like you at all!”

“Indeed?” you answer, humoring this little girl. She has made an impression on you, a natural charismatic; if she were but a man- the womanfolk would be flocking to her by the score, perhaps even now…
“Though, look not at physical appearances, Marisa, child; my priestess’s blood stems from my divine essence and none, save myself, may alter that fact.” You finish.

“Ah! That’s deep!” the girl exclaims, eyes widening. “Wow! You actually do sound like a kami!”

“Marisaaa~!” your priestess grumbles audibly. “Don’t encourage him!” With that, your green haired servant gives the blond a cold glare as well, effectively silencing her as well, while the young oni looks on curiously at the bickering pair.

“Pfft,” the girl, Marisa snorts, hands on her hips and eyes dismissive. “Mister Hakurei here isn’t too bad at all. I know, you must have pissed him off with your laziness, Reimu; you got so lazy that your lazy power woke him up.”

“Then he- Hakurei-sama,” she corrects herself with much sarcasm,” ought to thank me then!” your priestess retorts.

Ah…the arrogance of youth. But it was no ‘lazy power” that woke you up. Someone had faith enough for you…but who? Still…

“Silence!’ you order firmly, folding your arms across your chest, effectively restoring order and attentiveness as you begin to speak.

“So, this faith, this “Moriya Shrine” declares their intent to subdue us, to convert us; a grave insult to me and every of the Hakurei clan. The frog goddess and her cohorts are no match for us, they never were. In my absence, it appears they have grown arrogant and have lost what little wits they once had. To even think of attacking our divine realm…hah!”

The four watch you intently, not answering. A cue to continue.

“So, we will bring the fight to them! We will assail this youkai infested mountain and make the frog goddess answer for her insult!”

The witches raises her arm again. “Ah! Hakurei-sama! About the looting?...” her voice traces off.

You raise a finger. “It is customary; but Marisa, child, no more than a tenth of their possessions, mind you. I seek their loyalty and faith when this sordid affair is over- keep the pillaging within the limits I place.” You warn.

“Good enough!’ Marisa squeals. “if the place is anything like the Scarlet Devil mansion…”

‘All is in readiness then,” you murmur. ‘priestess,” you motion and Reimu approaches, face clouded.

“Prepare for a-“

[] Frontal assault. Let your enemies tremble before the divine wrath of Hakurei!”
[] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.
[] Four pronged assault. Your army numbers four, all strong in their own right. They will do the divine power of the Hakurei credit.

Feel free to write in sensibly.
------------------------
I've always wondered.
What is Marisa's appeal and why does everyone seem to like her so much?
>> No. 23774
[!/] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.

Mima and Suika combine to make _______!

>What is Marisa's appeal and why does everyone seem to like her so much?

In short, she is Gensokyo's Kamina.
Hotblood, loots, renames stolen things, cool hat, everyone is gay for her.
>> No. 23775
[x] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.

>cool hat

Eiki has her beat in that area.
>> No. 23776
>What is Marisa's appeal and why does everyone seem to like her so much?

She's also badass normal, in a world with gods and youkai, she got to their level by determination and hard work.
>> No. 23777
[x] Frontal assault. Let your enemies tremble before the divine wrath of Hakurei!”

Miko to miko
God to goddesss
>> No. 23778
[X] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.

Crush the foe between your metaphorical jaws.
>> No. 23779
[x] Four pronged assault. Your army numbers four, all strong in their own right. They will do the divine power of the Hakurei credit.

They cannot keep their minds occupied on the fight whilst the shrine is being looted and burned to the ground.
>> No. 23780
[] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.
>> No. 23781
[x] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.

We lack the amount of faith we once had... Best to play our cards wisely.
>> No. 23784
>>I've always wondered.
>>What is Reimu's appeal and why does everyone seem to like her so much?

>>What is Sanae's appeal and why does everyone seem to like her so much?

>>What is Youmu's appeal and why does everyone seem to like her so much?

>>What is Sakuya's appeal and why does everyone seem to like her so much?

>>What is love
>>baby don't hurt me
>>don't hurt me
>>no more

But yeah.
Marisa is Marisa. I like her just because I do.
>> No. 23785
[x] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.

Marisa is badass and bold, how can you not like her
>> No. 23788
Reimu might be the protagonist, but Marisa's the BROTAGONIST.
>> No. 23789
>>23788

...
>> No. 23793
>>23784
Mushrooms and ZE~POWER aside, I think Marisa has the most bendable personality of them all. She's an easy fit to any CYOA, and as long as you know how to write her right, not all that annonying, either.
>> No. 23796
>>23793
She's still an annoying bitch.

In fact, I plan to write her as either carelessly destructive in the pursuit of law enforcement; or as normally a bitch, and an absurdly obnoxious pain in the ass as she uses more magic in one 'sitting.'
>> No. 23799
>>23796

Just once, I'd like to see her get counter-stolen while she's at SDM or whatever and someone steals EVERYTHING. Including her house.
>> No. 23805
[x] Two pronged assault. Once your army was great- and they did not achieve greatness by foolish hotheadedness.
Spread your forces too thin and you lose.
>> No. 23808
>>23799

That is ingenious.
>> No. 23812
>>23799

Sounds like the backstory for the next MegaMari.
>> No. 23814
>>23799
We got a start on that in Flight, by stealing the Kusanagi.

Can't remember if we grabbed Alice's notes back, as well.
>> No. 23820
>>23814
>Can't remember if we grabbed Alice's notes back, as well.

We did

And then Yukari was all like "Marisa is depressed because you did that"

And then Anon was like "just as planned"
>> No. 23822
>>23820

And then I was like "facepalm.jpg"
>> No. 23836
>>23822
>and then I embarrassed myself publicly

slide_whistle.wav
>> No. 23839
>>23836

... wut.
Explain.
>> No. 23840
>>23836
It's hard to have an idiotic non-response that says nothing and means nothing to a degree exceeding that of "cool story bro."

But damned if this one doesn't do just that.

>>23812

I like this idea. But dear god, that control setup.
>> No. 23880
>>23840

Are you referring to >>23822 or >>23839 ?
Either way, allow me to rephrase.
>>23820 sounds like he's fucking retarded, and >>23836 probably is (assuming it's not the same douche defending his own stupidity, which it very well might be.)

Also, what the fuck is "slide_whistle.wav"? Let me google it...
...
.....

ಠ_ಠ

You, sir, are a TITANIC faggot.
>> No. 23893
>>23880

I was talking about >>23836 .

...Who are you ae you calling a faggot, though? Me, or slide whistle guy?
>> No. 23905
>>23893

Slide whistle guy.
Definitely.
>> No. 23949
Update
>> No. 24124
What happened to this?!
>> No. 24151
update
>> No. 24330
>>24124
Melancholy goes back and forth between this and Landlord. However, he's also going to be gone for a few weeks, so... yeah.