[Return]
Archived thread

File 123111992732.jpg - (152.35KB , 700x849 , 39352edb512da2c9d2dba3e62b0551e1.jpg ) [iqdb]
21164 No. 21164
Hello, guys. I'm back.

Because of the past incident with all the unrest and uneasy feelings around the board, I get depressed. My mind is not in the right state and I made a mistake. I choose to [X] Take down my own thread in a fit of insanity. And I'm now regretting that. But good thing it still got archived. So... with me coming back from new year and reorganized my thoughts, I'll continue this as soon as possible.

Here's the link to the archives.
http://www.sentrygun.com/touhou/threads/shrine_SW_01-07.zip

Next update will be up either today or tomorrow.
PS. Pachu's pic is somewhat related to the future plot.

>> No. 21165
I've missed you. It's good to have you back.
>> No. 21166
>>21164

Finally. Sure is nice to see new thread in /shrine/ after that past incident.

MOAR FABULOUS.
>> No. 21167
So, wait. Are we picking up where we left off, or starting over, or what?
>> No. 21168
>>21167
Picking up where you left off. Eientei raid on foot.
>> No. 21172
Hooray!
>> No. 21189
Yay!
>> No. 21195
Finished. It's in proofreading process.
>> No. 21197
File 123124868039.jpg - (38.34KB , 455x600 , 1230161727782.jpg ) [iqdb]
21197
>>21195

FUCK YEAR!
>> No. 21200
File 123125716514.jpg - (402.62KB , 818x578 , 308fe5219f9b0815975069207cf69615.jpg ) [iqdb]
21200
[X] Ground sneaking mission.
-------------------------------------------------------


"We will go on foot. We have Reisen who is a local. She should know the terrain and let us slip past the detection system with ease."
"Yes. I can remember all the traps in the bamboo forest. Leave the pathfinding job to me!" Reisen is filled with confidence. "Because it's me who has to go out there and lay all the traps. Including the bear traps... The spike traps... flamer traps... tigers... and...and... the...tentacle...and gooey... perverted slime... and..."
Reisen's voice trails off. Looks like she's reminiscing about the painful past. Better not dig it up further. You pat her shaking shoulder, trying to comfort her. She looks terribly pale.


After a long walk, the group reaches the outskirts of bamboo forest. Mima and Star split up at the crossroad to the village. The rally point is back at Kourindou. The village should be safe enough for a fairy, right? At least you hope so.
"So... here's the bamboo forest. The natural maze Eientei is proud of. Please tread carefully and do everything I say from now on. There's scout rabbits all over. Mostly to warn about Mokou entering the forest."
"Why warn about that? What did Mokou do?" You ask.
"A lot. It's a long story, mister Roa. I will tell you about it later if we have time."

Reisen leads you and Suika past various intersections, avoiding some minor traps like tripwires and spike pits. Things are going smoothly as the group manages to slip past the rabbit scouts unnoticed, until Reisen finds something unusual.

"Eh? I think there must be a tripwire on this road at the corner. Hmm... where does it go?"
"Whatsamatter Reisen?" Suika asks her. Somehow she seems fine despite being loaded with an entire armory on her back. You wonder how much strength she possesses.
"I don't know... Let me check around for a bit. This area should be safe, so you can walk around freely." And Reisen goes ahead of you, searching for that said trap.


You sit down on the grassy ground, thinking about the princess with long, silky black hair. You're starting to imagine what I-no would do to her. Sleep on her spreading hair?... Coil Kaguya's hair around her face and smell its sweet fragrance?... or maybe maybe... Maybe she's combing kaguya's hair!? UNFORGIVEABLE! OH GOD, THE RAGE! You should be the one doing that! She's taking away your joy! Your playthin---No, not like that. But you rage anyway.

Walking around like a frustrated businessman waiting for an important document, you step on something. Click.


And suddenly you are being surrounded with white thick wall sprouting from the ground. Trapped inside, with no way out. There's a piercing screech of the intruder alarm echoing throughout the forest.


"Oh holy shit! Suika! You okay?!"
"I'm here! what's happening?!"
"Like hell I know! But I think we activated a trap!" You try slashing the wall with your bayonet. It doesn't work.
"Ehhhhh!? But Reisen said this area is clear!"
"But apparently it's not! Let's find a way out---Wait, what's that?!"

A thick, pale blue liquid pours out from the opening at the four corners of the ceiling. It starts filling the room at an alarming rate.

"REEEEEIISEEENNN!" You scream, hoping the voice might reach outside.
"Mister Roa! The trap's layout has been changed! We walked right into it--- oh my...! They are coming!"
You hear several gunshots, an intelligible roar and Reisen's scream. Shit. This is terrible. Maybe you're already surrounded.

Oh hey. Suika is an oni with great strength. Maybe she can break this white wall into pieces!
"Suika! Can you make a hole in this wall?!"
"Sure thing!"
Suika tries to reach the wall, but she can't. Her foot is stuck in the gooey liquid. It's starting to become solid! It's binding both your and Suika's feet! You think you've read about this somewhere... It must be fast-polymer of some sort!
"I can't reach the wall, Roa!" No need to state the obvious, Suika!
She seems to ponder a bit about something, and after a short while she claps her hands and flares up with joy.
"Oh, right! I can do THAT!"

Suddenly Suika gets bigger. No... Enlarges should fit more. She's getting bigger and bigger until her head hits the wall above. The polymer at her foot cracks and breaks. You take this chance and hug Suika's skirt tight. After she throws a punch at the ceiling, you are now outside.

The scene above fills you with terror.


Reisen is being ganged up on. Her guns are lost somewhere and she can't fire any danmaku because when she tries to, she's always being interrupted with a fist, or a kick, or whatever. Those angry mobs beat her down mercilessly. She's covered in bruises and bleeding. One of them is holding both her ears and yanks her head up from the ground, hits her with a club, and starts dragging her around like trash.


"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"


Jumping down from Suika, you dive into the fray. The first one falls from your STG44's stock to the face. Two more follow. Suika joins in and start sweeping them away with her overwhelming strength and size. You two are unstoppable. As you make your way towards Reisen, you see a couple of them that wore some strange clothing. It's an Onmyojin uniform. What the hell? Why are they here? And their eyes are not red like the others. They put various tags and amulets on Reisen and bind her with rope. One of them notice you and raise both her hands up high. They're glowing bright with magical power. But your STG44 is already pointing at her head. If you fire now, she's going down.

But can you really do it?

Squeezing this trigger means death. Death to another person in front of you. She's a human. Being controlled or not, she's a human. If you fire now, you are a murderer. To help Reisen, can you become a murderer? A conflict forming up inside your heart in a split second. A blink of an eye seems like an eternity. To take her life or not, your trigger finger decides.


[ ] Do it.
[ ] Don't do it.

-----------------------------------------
Sorry. No write-ins here. But you can add some action for dramatic purpose. Like say some awesome catchphrase, Do a barrel roll or something. Maybe try giving Roa a reason for what you're voting. I need that.
>> No. 21210
>and...and... the...tentacle...and gooey... perverted slime... and...
Slime tentacles+Reisen. It must be done.

[x] "I'm sorry; so sorry...."
[x] Manly tear.
[x] Do it. Pull that fucking trigger. Close yours eyes before the bullet hits if you have to, but it's either them or you, and you know which it has to be.
>> No. 21211
[x] "I'm sorry; so sorry...."
[x] Manly tear.
[x] Do it. Pull that fucking trigger. Close yours eyes before the bullet hits if you have to, but it's either them or you, and you know which it has to be.
>> No. 21215
[!/] Do it.

GET TO DA CHOPPA!
>> No. 21216
[x] "I'm sorry; so sorry...."
[x] Manly tear.
[x] Do it. Pull that fucking trigger. Close yours eyes before the bullet hits if you have to, but it's either them or you, and you know which it has to be.
>> No. 21217
File 123130134594.jpg - (18.45KB , 310x205 , Joker_.jpg ) [iqdb]
21217
[x] Don't do it.

No, Roa, you are the Sinners.
And then Roa killed somebody.
>> No. 21218
File 123131012719.jpg - (48.16KB , 480x567 , 10a822556375e7dd0059f595bb91d5c2.jpg ) [iqdb]
21218
Oh. And I have news for everyone.
Routelock is void. There will be no routelock from now on.
I do this because your progress with Mima are low. you either have to work harder or switch the target.

And, I'll use Pachu as my makeshift avartar from now on.
>> No. 21219
>>21218

It's not like we've had much of a chance with SURPRISE SINNER showing up.
>> No. 21220
File 123131394979.jpg - (81.27KB , 448x662 , 1675__448x_viploader365535.jpg ) [iqdb]
21220
>>21219
Love can bloom on a battlefield~
>> No. 21223
We've had a taste of Mima, a taste of Ran and Reisen (though it was pretty much forced), so who next? I know it was brought up before to have Mima futa-rape sinner, so.... Ah yes, the grinbitches Yukari and Eirin. They'll do nicely.
>> No. 21224
Any more votes?
I'll get to writing tomorrow morning.
>> No. 21237
[x] "I'm sorry; so sorry...."
[x] Manly tear.
[x] Do it. Pull that fucking trigger. Close yours eyes before the bullet hits if you have to, but it's either them or you, and you know which it has to be.
>> No. 21238
writing.
>> No. 21242
>>21238

Hooray!
>> No. 21244
File 123139292938.jpg - (333.92KB , 455x514 , 13bf8508c696dea74c4c590908f0d398.jpg ) [iqdb]
21244
[x] "I'm sorry; so sorry...."
[x] Manly tear.
[x] Do it. Pull that fucking trigger. Close yours eyes before the bullet hits if you have to, but it's either them or you, and you know which it has to be.
------------------------------------------------------------------


You have no choice.


You fire. And the bullet hits. Somehow you can see the bullet slowly travel through the air, to the girl's head. She's still looking straight into your eyes when the bullet drives into her forehead and makes a hole in it, just to pop the back of her head open into a bloody mess of brains. Her hand stops glowing and she falls to the ground like a doll that lost its strings. The rest of them shriek in terror and start casting a spell. You won't let that pass. Two or three more bullets are out, and two of them join their friend in hell.

The villagers back off from you. But you can't really see them. The tears. It's flowing out of your eyes like a broken dam. Is it guilt? Is it regret? You don't really know. You can only mutter in silence...

"I'm sorry... so sorry...."

It's either them or you. If you don't fire, you cannot survive. You don't know why you do this, but you fire full-auto into the crowd. The villagers get mowed down like grass. But even as they are being shot at, the villagers are still rushing at you head on like mindless zombies. Wave after wave, they get shot down. Bullet casings, emptied magazines and blood are the only things you can see.


After the smoke dies down, in front of you is a field of death.


Corpses everywhere. You don't bother counting, but it must be at least a hundred people that died by your hands. The gun is still hot from the continuous firing.
Your legs lose their strength and you collapse. Suika is rushing in to help you. But as she see your face, she slows down, and finally stops.

"Roa..."
"...It's inevitable, Suika." Your voice is almost a whisper. "I must do it... or else... we all will..."
"So this is the power of guns ?"
Suika look into your hand. And she starts unloading all the cargo she hold. One by one.
"...I don't want to carry it anymore. It's not like Danmaku. This thing can kill, Roa! It kills people! I can't do that!" Suika pulls your arm. "Let's get out of here, Roa! Take Reisen somewhere safe and go help them like we normally do! Fling Danmaku around and beat everyone! You don't have to use guns anymore, Roa! Even Reimu can solve any problems without killing anyone!"
"AND LOOK AT REIMU!" You yell at her. "Look what she is now! A mindless slave of I-no! She can't defeat her with the way she used to! We need to be merciless, Suika! We need to be evil in order to save her!"
"Roa... you are tired. I think you need to rest. Stay here. I'm going to help Reisen."


You are being left alone again. That gives you time to think about... things. You need to plan what you will do after this. The cover's blown. They probably know that you are coming and are preparing something nice for you now. If you push further, it's a difficult battle ahead of you. If you back off, it's safer but they will put up more defense the next time. It's between a rock and a hard place.

Suika seems to be against using guns. But with it, you can end the conflict real fast. Just. Pull. The. Trigger. And. Be. Done. With. It.


[ ] Keep the gun.
[ ] leave the gun.
and...
[ ] Push further.
[ ] Retreat to kourindou.
>> No. 21245
File 123139334242.jpg - (257.06KB , 640x981 , cb680097d11c4d432d93b31c2ff2ccd0.jpg ) [iqdb]
21245
[!/] leave the gun.
[!/] Push further.

ACTION ROA.

>Even Reimu can solve any problems without killing anyone!

Too bad I-no didn't like tea.
>> No. 21251
File 123140825320.png - (278.89KB , 313x454 , roa.png ) [iqdb]
21251
[x] Keep the gun.
[x] Keep all the guns.
[x] It doesn't matter how heavy they are, we've tasted blood, and now we're crazy for it.
[x] Kill as many as you can. Don't let a single spark of life escape your grasp.
[x] "This battlefield.... I'll be taking it!"
>> No. 21266
>"AND LOOK AT REIMU!" You yell at her. "Look what she is now! A mindless slave of I-no! She can't defeat her with the way she used to! We need to be merciless, Suika! We need to be evil in order to save her!"

Looks like we're approaching Bad End territory here.

[x] leave the gun.
[x] Push further.
>> No. 21276
>>21251

Nice.

[x] Keep the gun.
[x] Keep all the guns.
[x] It doesn't matter how heavy they are, we've tasted blood, and now we're crazy for it.
[x] Kill as many as you can. Don't let a single spark of life escape your grasp.
[x] "This battlefield.... I'll be taking it!"
>> No. 21298
[x] leave the gun.
[x] Push further.
>> No. 21299
File 123146520420.jpg - (104.64KB , 800x600 , f0b7ebc8d0eebb10e40f024c9eabd90d.jpg ) [iqdb]
21299
I'll wait for 4 hours more. Whatever winning, wins.
>> No. 21300
[x] leave the gun.
[x] Push further.
>> No. 21312
File 123151849256.gif - (116.78KB , 650x450 , ps715_3.gif ) [iqdb]
21312
[x] leave the gun.
[x] Push further.
wins. I'll write after I'm finished with the ceremony.
>> No. 21346
>>21312

You sir, are a liar.

In during. DUDE ITS A GURL.
>> No. 21355
>>21346
How do you know this "ceremony" is over?
>> No. 21385
>>21355
It is now.
and I'm writing.

>>21346
>In during. DUDE ITS A GURL.
*Snicker*
>> No. 21386
>>21385

Hooray!
>> No. 21401
Turns out too short and rushed. So I decide to scrap it and redo.
Expect the better work tomorrow.
>> No. 21424
File 123182299767.jpg - (270.78KB , 1592x898 , pointers.jpg ) [iqdb]
21424
>>21401

Here is what we are want, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 21426
File 123183639694.jpg - (372.48KB , 558x840 , 55vr.jpg ) [iqdb]
21426
[x] Leave the gun.
[x] Push forward.
---------------------------------------------------


That's it.


A generic college student like you should not hold the guns from the start. It's kind of strange, that you, a normal guy, are going to pick up a gun and kill some people. You toss it aside without looking at it again. Standing up, determined. You rush to help Suika.

You see Reisen is not in a very good shape. You check her body and found no fracture. Good. Her eyes are still okay. So no hemorrhaging in the brain. Oh god, thanks to FABULOUS WEEKLY you always read. There's an article about first aid after a fistfight in one of them. Tending to injuries and leave no scar is also a very important part of being FABULOUS all the time, right?

"You cool?" You ask her. She nods weakly. Well, that's good enough. At lest she's still conscious.

"Suika. Can you... er... become BIG again? I think I have a plan."
"Sure! Whatever you say, cap'n!"

Suika size enlarges, and now you are standing on top of her head, hugging the horn like the ship's mast. Reisen lying in Suika's hair as if it's a comfy blanket.


"Okay Suika. FULL SPEED AHEAD! ANCHORS AWEIGH!"
"Aye aye sah!"



With Suika's help, your group just come down crashing through the bamboo forest, tear everything to pieces as she walks by. The trap springs, but it makes no different. Compared to Suika, those silly traps are as good as toothpicks. This feeling is so awesome that you forget everything about guilt and regret for what you've done earlier.


"WOOHOO! It's like I'm riding a GUNDAM!"
"Whatsa gundam, Roa?"
"You don't need to know, Suika! Just march forward!"


But your joy ended as soon as you arrived at Eientei. There's two person waiting for you. They are glaring you with their red eyes. You keep praying to yourself that this won't be happening. but this is the worst case.


"Yukari... Ran... You guys too...?"
"Welcome, Roa. I pity you that you choose to invade here by your little puny forces. Are you stupid? I'd better pack you in the box and send you to Madagascar." She snickers.
Ran says nothing.


Both of them are also in full black. It can't be mistaken. They, too, have fallen.


"Why're you getting into my way, Yukari! back off!"
Suika throw a punch at her but Yukari just glomp her down whole with that black gap. You and Reisen also being sucked into it. And before you know, you are rolling on the floor with normal-sized Suika and Reisen.


Yukari and Ran is still floating over your head. The gap youkai gives you her trademark sly grin.
"You have no hope of survival if you push onward. It's only gruesome death that awaits you. Give up, Roa. Turn back. There's no use."


[ ] Fight!
--- < > Surprise attack. Get her while she's busy talking pre-bossfight crap.
--- < > Fight her head on like a chivalrous knight.
--- < > Fake surrender and then backstab her.
--- < > Any other method you can think of.
[ ] Run!
>> No. 21430
>>21428
What he said
>> No. 21432
[x] Use the talisman.
[x] "Ran, hold her!"
[x] 1000 Yen note - FALCON PUNCH!
[x] Have Suika finish Yukari off. Tear her to shreds or something. She's a youkai, so she'll regenerate.
[x] Search Eientei for any signs of non-manipulated life while keeping on full guard the entire time.
>> No. 21433
[x] Fight!
--- <x> Surprise attack. Get her while she's busy talking pre-bossfight crap.

No need to waste the talisman here.
>> No. 21439
[x] Fight!
--- <x> Surprise attack. Get her while she's busy talking pre-bossfight crap.
>> No. 21442
File 123188179549.jpg - (60.89KB , 1024x576 , 1231870372887.jpg ) [iqdb]
21442
[!/] Fight!
--- <x> Surprise attack. Get her while she's busy talking pre-bossfight crap.

ACTION HOSAKA ROA! TAKE TWO!
>> No. 21444
>>21442
Roa peeks around the corner and whispers "I'm going to make you pretty~"
Sinner: "OH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
>> No. 21468
[x] Fight!
--- <x> Surprise attack. Get her while she's busy talking pre-bossfight crap.

Talk to the fist!
>> No. 21480
Writing now. Halfway finished.
>> No. 21493
File 12320958599.jpg - (340.12KB , 850x903 , 59nz.jpg ) [iqdb]
21493
[ ] Fight!
--- < > Surprise attack. Get her while she's busy talking pre-bossfight crap.
-------------------------------------------------


Is it necessary for every boss character to rant before getting into battle? Talking about something you don't really understand nor care about, but sounds epic? It's not like Yukari's warning has anything to do with this situation. 'Run away'? You are pretty sure that if you did run away like you were told, you are going to get hunted down and beaten to death anyway. And if she did let you run away, you can't do that. You can't save anyone by running away.

You decide the best course of action is to strike first.

"Say, Yukari..." You try to stall them with generic JRPG protagonist's dialogue. "Why are you telling us to run away? Aren't you supposed to defeat us for your master?"
"You should know that yourself, Roa. Even I, Yukari, have been defeated by her. How can a mere human that knows almost nothing about magic be able to defeat her? You are no match for me, even. I'm telling this for your own sake, Roa. Just keep your life and flee."
"Yukari. Even if I don't know magic, I can fight." You said.
"Oh ho. Interesting. Amaze me then."
"I can fight...with STYLE." You smirk. "Say, Yukari. Do you know DBZ?"
"Huh? Deebeezee?"

Suddenly, you are in front of Yukari. Launching yourself with the help of Suika throwing you straight into her face. While Yukari is still busy talking, you make eye-contact with Suika. You told her to flank Yukari from behind... but this is okay too. Suika read your sign a little bit off, but still managed to do something. Being thrown like a javelin, you launch your fist.


Being caught off-guard, Yukari takes your fist into her face unprotected. As the fist impact, you clench your teeth and the golden dust twirl around your fist. 2500Y is being used just for this attack alone. If you cannot end this in one blow, it's going to be nasty.

Suika catches your leg and spears you towards Yukari who crashes through Eientei's long corridor, sending the debris and wood splinters scattering everywhere. That last Mammonite packs the punch. You prepare another punch to keep the momentum of this battle in your favor. You pierce the thick cloud of dust to the opposite side, where Yukari should be.

But instead of lying on the ground helplessly, Yukari is behind you.


"FOOLS." She says. Not a bit of mercy in her voice. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU IT'S USELESS."

You look around to find Suika, but it seems she's busy fighting Ran. It doesn't look pretty when two of them are activating spellcard at once. As Suika explained to you back then, one is supposed to activate a card and the others run around dodging. But not this. It's a shitload of bright beautiful bullets flying at each other. You can't make out what they are doing inside because it's too messy.

Panicking, you send a punch at her again. It connects, yes. But at your face. She gapped your fist into your own face.

"Now, Roa. For that punch of yours..."
She opens a gap directly under your feet. You fall down, feet first, into the gap. You manage to grab the edge in time, however, Yukari won't let you. She steps on your hand with her high heels. It's like someone driving a stake into your hand.

"Just take your time to repent..." she waves. "Goodbye!"

And you fall into the endless corridor of Eientei. Sideways. How the fuck one could fall sideways? That's not physically possible!
You see Yukari slowly walk in the direction of Suika. She gaps something out and then throw at her. There is a loud explosion. You yell out at the top of your lungs.


"SUIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!"


You can't do anything. There is nothing you can do to help Suika. She's fighting alone, with the opponent being two of the Gensokyo's finest. You starts to realize your own incompetence. You are so weak. So powerless. At the face of superior force, you are nothing but a white hare waiting to be eaten by hunters. You cannot see how Suika is being hurt. You cannot hear how she screams. But it's as if you can share her pain. It's almost unbearable. To know that the one you hold dear, is being torn up far away, yet you can't do anything about it. You cry, don't care anything about being cool and fabulous anymore. You keep calling her name, crying, until your throat is parched. Until your sounds are rasp. Until you have no voice anymore.


CRACK.


You slam full force into a solid surface. It's as if you fell from a building. Every organ in your body sends the pain signal to your brain all at once. All you can register now is the piercing pain all over. There's the blood. Probably your blood. But you don't know where it comes out.

"Oh my, that won't do!" It's her sound. "Ran, be a dear and fix him up, will you? I think I already put the break in when I gapped him back here, but I guess that's not enough. Well, at least he's not a red splatter on the ground now!"
"Ghh-----!" You try to speak, but the blood fills your throat. You can't even breathe properly.
You look at Ran, who is healing you with her glowing hands. Magic. How convenient. Ran's eyes are full of worries somehow. No, bitch. You don't feel sorry for a person you when just beat the shit out of them! Are you crazy or do you just have a twisted personality, Ran!?
You can see Suika and Reisen near you. Suika is being buried in the pile of junk. The light post, the tombstone, the stop post and all that. Sharp edge's down. You can see her lifeless arms escape the tight ball of scrap Yukari gapped at her. It's full of cuts and bruises. Reisen is lying around. Blood sprawling from her mouth. She's probably trying to help Suika, but Ran and Yukari deal with her without mercy.

"Do you understand now? A gap between our strength. You right now cannot defeat me. Let alone defeat her. It is better for you to die here than suffer eternal torment."

She lifts all of you up using magic. Now you three are hanging helplessly in midair, looking like corpses more than men.

"You...You're evil." You grit your teeth and curse. "I'm gonna take my revenge... Just you wait... if I'm not dead... I'm going to---"
"Oh, my! That's scary! Revenge you say?" She snickers. Ran still stares at you emotionlessly. "Then I have to make sure you are completely dead! How about a tour to the sun? Sounds nice, does't it!?"

A gap opens behind you. With a slight push on your chest, you slowly fall into the black void.

"Farewell, all of you. I hope you enjoy the afterlife!"
Yukari gives you a long, devilish laugh. And it's the last thing you can hear before everything goes white.


---------------------------------------------------------

More update will be followed. For now, enjoy the despair.
>> No. 21502
File 123212710566.jpg - (278.87KB , 480x1500 , 54ut.jpg ) [iqdb]
21502
You open your eyes and expect to see a fiery blaze of the sun, but instead of that, you're lying flat on a grassy field. Judging from the surroundings, you must be outside Mayohiga. Didn't Yukari gap you out to the space? Well... it's good that you are still alive though.

Looking around Suika and Reisen are also scattered around you. But Suika is not in a comfortable position, she is lying on her back, and under her there is a giant rock. Ouch. Her face shows a sign of discomfort, so you get up and wake her.

"Hey. Suika. Wake up." You shake her. Nothing happened. She's wobbling back and forth like a doll.
"Waaaaaake uuppppppp." You pinch her cheek and she reply with a snort.
Failing to wake up Suika, you just lift her up and set her into more comfortable position. You suddenly notice that she's incredibly light. Even if she is an oni with amazing strength, she is still just a girl. To know that you are weaker than a little girl is somewhat unnerving.


"Mister Roa?" A voice behind you. You turn around, and you meet Reisen. Her face is still full of dried blood, but it seems that all the injuries have vanished. Now Reisen is as fit as a healthy moon rabbit could be.
"Oh. Reisen. You okay now?"
"Yes, somehow..."
"What happened when I was away?" You ask her. "I mean, when I was gapped away."
"Well, I woke up just to see Suika being mauled by both miss Ran and Miss Yukari. So I tried to assist her." The moon rabbit scratch her ear, blushing. "And... ah... It seems that I am defeated. Sorry."
"It's okay. They are very strong, after all. Please continue."
"I tried to use my eyes to confuse them, but it didn't work. Just when I tried to declare a spellcard, miss Ran hit me hard. I crashed through the Eientei's corridor and I fainted. Next thing I know, I'm already here."
Well that doesn't help much.

You lie down again. There's still a lot of question left unanswered. Why did Yukari and Ran leave you alive? Why there are groups of Onmyojin among the people that are being mind-controlled? And how can Yukari, the strongest person you know, lost to I-no? Come to think of it, you know nothing about your enemy, and yet you are rushing headlong into their territory. Good thing you are still alive now.


You notice something is in your breast pocket. Taking it out, it's a candy.


It looks like... candy. Ordinary candy. With a wrapper. Hm? There's something written on it.

"Roa. Please eat this as soon as possible. - Y."

Y? Yukari? Or is it someone else? You look at the candy, and then Reisen. She's as clueless as you are. Suika is still sleeping.
Thinking about it... Yukari is trying to kill you. But for some reason she didn't. And there is this strange candy with her initials on it in your breast pocket. You cannot understand her motive at all, that gap youkai. So instead of worrying about it, you decide to give it a go and eat the candy.

Suddenly there is a voice in your head. It's Yukari's.


"Oh, Hi Roa. Sorry about what I did earlier.
This is me, speaking directly inside your head. The candy you just ate is one of my own creations. It's called... 'Messenger candy'. I packed my thoughts inside, and the person who eats it will get my message. Convenient, isn't it? Especially when I need to send a secret message. Because it won't melt if it's not the person I want to relay the message to.
Ah. Let's get to the point, shall we? I'm not being controlled by that bitch. I'm just faking it. It's hard to defeat her in a face-to-face confrontation. It seems that she has power up from back then. The method I told them is not working this time... Too bad. So yeah. I disguised myself as her underling. A bit shameful, but it's the best method for infiltration. It won't be long until I find her weak point and seal her again. This time, for good. So just sit tight and wait for it to resolve. You don't have to get involved. Leave this to us!

P.S. I have to be harsh to you earlier to completely fool her. I'm sorry for that. It's not personal, okay? I'm gonna give you something good as a compensation later!"



The message ends here. Oh well. One question answered.

You explain the situation to Reisen. And after that, decide to go back to Kourindou and think of what to do next.
There's lots of things to do, really. First of all, you need to know more about Sinner. And probably research about the mysterious Onmyojin group while you are at it. Or you can go search for other missing allies. More men, more chances. Well, in this case it's not men, but women and children. Duh.


Next Destination!
[ ] Data gathering at Scarlet Mansion.
[ ] Find more allies at...
---< > Forest of Magic.
---< > Tengu Mountain.
---< > Moriya shrine.
---< > Human Village.
---< > Scarlet mansion.
---< > Hakugyokurou.
---< > Eientei. Derp herp.
>> No. 21509
[x] Find more allies at...
---<x> Moriya shrine.

Suddenly, Lancer.

Go a little bit further down, and then we get Waki Miko Adahn. Sinner's fucked then.

...Where's Mima?
>> No. 21510
[x] Data gathering at Scarlet Mansion.
[x] Find more allies at...
---<x> Forest of Magic.
---<x> Tengu Mountain.
[x] Have Suika split up and keep an eye or two on the mansion while you and the rest of her go out to recruit.

>---< > Hakugyokurou.
The thought of an evil Yuyuko and Youmu is just too gosh darn cute.
>> No. 21517
File 123213600417.jpg - (461.42KB , 1056x1500 , e0da85fb197b42f45d43c20a98d9cb46.jpg ) [iqdb]
21517
>>21510
>> No. 21530
[!/] Data gathering at Scarlet Mansion.
>> No. 21537
File 123218094387.jpg - (155.01KB , 700x466 , 1232169788004.jpg ) [iqdb]
21537
>>21517
>> No. 21576
>>21517
>>21537
I was thinking more along the lines of snuggling you until your bones break; but that's good, too.
>> No. 21581
File 123228813998.gif - (492.26KB , 240x180 , c027874fc857bf06a7b959051354e440.gif ) [iqdb]
21581
MOAR VOTESPEEN GAS PLOX
>> No. 21588
[x] Find more allies at...
---<x> Moriya shrine.

YES, MY MASTER
>> No. 21594
[x] Find more allies at...
---<x> Moriya shrine.
>> No. 21595
[x] Find more allies at...
---<x> Moriya shrine.
>> No. 21609
[x] Data gathering at Scarlet Mansion.
>> No. 21615
[x] Find more allies at...
---<x> Moriya shrine.

it is.
I'll get to writing then
>> No. 21710
File 123257008157.gif - (362.23KB , 256x184 , Seymour.gif ) [iqdb]
21710
>> No. 21711
File 123260384993.jpg - (366.83KB , 716x979 , eb201801f8a88be08696e93a73ba81e6.jpg ) [iqdb]
21711
forgot something.

Go see Chen first? [Y/N]
>> No. 21712
>>21711

[X] Yes
>> No. 21715
[X] Yes
>> No. 21717
[x] No.
>> No. 21725
>>21711
[x] Yes

Never enough Chen.
>> No. 21770
[x] Yes
>> No. 21794
It's dead, sir.
>> No. 21795
no. not yet.
>> No. 21796
[X] No

And I'm a man who loves his Chen. This just doesn't strike me as a good idea right this second.
>> No. 21802
Alright. for real this time. Writing.
This time, it will take really long.
Lots of stuffs happening. Railroading occur.
>> No. 21818
>>21802

hooray!
>> No. 21844
File 123319646826.jpg - (143.62KB , 850x758 , sample-c4ab15ed1789d7b20d89d3f77c3def54.jpg ) [iqdb]
21844
She's dying, again...sir.
>> No. 21847
File 123321196455.png - (287.64KB , 525x700 , 56uj.png ) [iqdb]
21847
[X] Go see Chen
[X] Rally back at Kourindou
[X] Go to Moriya Shrine
-----------------------------------------------


Seeing as you are already in Mayohiga, you feel you should go check on Chen. She's not with Yukari and Ran, that means they left her at the house. You stand up, determined. With some plans in your head it feels better than running around in circles.

"Okay Reisen. Get Suika up. We'll go check on Chen."
"Yessir." The rabbit girl rushes to Suika and proceeds to shake her. Violently. The oni doesn't even budge. You sigh, and laze around a bit. Letting Reisen do all the work. Not too long until you hear the sound of a gunshot. You jump up in surprise.

"OWOWOWOW WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN----!" That's definitely Suika's voice.
"What did you do, Reisen?!"
"She wouldn't wake up no matter how hard I tried... so..." She flick her hand like a gun. "...I gave her a wake-up call. She's an oni, so just only one danmaku couldn't harm her that much!"
"Good job, Reisen. She's a bitch to wake up." You ruffle the rabbit girl. She surrenders herself to your touch and enjoys being ruffled.
"Whaaaat! I'm the one getting shot at here! You should pamper me instead!" Suika pouts.


Not too long until you arrive at the Yakumo's house. You give a light knock on the door. Chen opens the door with a beaming smile on her face. But she becomes sullen as she sees you. It's as if she's expecting someone else.

"Oh... Hello Roa!" Chen gets back to her old cheerful self. "You came to play with me? Come on in! I'll get you some tea!"
She opens the door and pulls you inside. Reisen and Suika follow. You notice that her hand is a little bit shaky. Poor catgirl must be lonely and scared. She's probably expecting both her masters smiling at the door, greeting her with open arms. But it's you instead. You understand her feelings. It's like an unknown man in military uniform meeting a soldier's mother in front of the house in war times. That scene in the movie always moved you to tears...

"So..." Chen asks you after she put down the tea. "Why are you coming here? You got some news regarding Ran-sama and Yukari-sama?"
Damn. You can't stand seeing her like this. You gotta do something.
"Yeah. Chen. I came here to tell you her message."
"R... really? What is it?" You can tell that Chen is very troubled about this news. Yeah. Yukari and Ran suddenly disappear. Leaving her here alone. If you were her, you would be very much scared right now.
"Yukari is..."

Yeah. There's only this way.

"Yukari and Ran are going outside of the border to meet some of her friends!" Wow. That was a bad lie. "And she won't take you there because... because Yukari thinks it's... bothersome!"
Judging from Yukari's personality, that claim is not too inaccurate.
"Eeeeeehhh~?" Chen is disappointed. "Yukari-sama did this again? She should stop being so bothersome and whimsical! And she took Ran-sama with her too!"
"And... she asked me to take care of you. So, I came to pick you up!"
"So I get to stay with you until they come back? AWESOME! YAAY~!"
Chen jumps across the table and gives you a big hug. Reisen smiles happily while watching you and Chen hug each other. Suika joins the fun and hugs you too. You are tempted to ask Reisen for a group hug, but that would be awkward.

"Ah, well. That turns out better than I expected." You sigh.
------------------------------------------------------
putting this up to indicate that it's still alive.
>> No. 21848
>Roa lying
>Suika not angry
What
>> No. 21849
File 123322163799.jpg - (114.44KB , 750x1086 , dun2.jpg ) [iqdb]
21849
>>21848
OSHI---!
>> No. 21863
>>21849
Hurry! Activate the retcon signal!
>> No. 21864
>>21863

The only thing that should be going through Suika's head right now is rescuing Reimu.
>> No. 21892
File 12334138694.jpg - (159.36KB , 849x849 , sample-113672143f4a8479564e4a433f9e0fda.jpg ) [iqdb]
21892
Your group departs from Mayohiga, and with the help of Chen, arrives at Kourindou. There's a couple of people in front of the shop. Kourin, in his usual robe is talking with Mima. Oh, great! So Mima is strong enough to take form now?! You wave at both of them in joy.

"ANIKI! MIMA!"
"Oh, here you are, Roa. Come here for a bit, will you?" Kourin calls you over.
"He didn't mean it, Kourin. It's not his fault."
"Please, Mima. This is a man's conversation. Can you stay quiet for a minute?"
Kourin is somehow very serious.
"What is it, Aniki? You seem...angry?"
"Well Roa." He looks into your eyes. "GRIT YOUR TEETH."
"Uh...wha-----?!"


Kourin's fist dives into your face. It's as if someone drove a car straight into you. With the force of its impact, you spin 360-degree upwards and land face first in the dirt. Your head spins. Spins like a helicopter. You manage to push yourself up from the ground and in front of you there is Kourin, with his fist clenched tight.

"Roa! You left a woman and a kid alone?! In a very dangerous place?! What are you thinking?! Are you idiot, my brother?!"
"Wha---? I... I don't know what you---"
"Mima and the little fairy got ambushed by a pack of humans! She was in tight spot when I arrived, my brother! Good thing I decided to go look for Keine today or I can't imagine what would have happened with these two!"

You suddenly realize how foolish you are. You underestimated those humans. On second thoughts it's not safe at all to send a powerless fairy and a ghost that cannot use powers there. You think of Aniki's words... if he's not there... you don't want to think what would happen to Mima and Star.

"Aniki... I... I'm..." The taste of blood in your mouth is the taste of your foolishness. "I'm sorry...."
"It's good that you finally realize your mistake. And... for the seconds..."
You close your eyes. It's scary. That fist is scary. The pain is scary. But you cannot dodge it. You must take it. For this is punishment.


But instead of a fist... it's a hug from your big brother.
"I'm so glad that you are fine, my brother. I'm worried about you."
"A....Ah..." You hesitantly return the hug. It's kind of awkward for a man to hug a man.


"What's with all the ruckus?! I'm here to help Kou----!?" Another voice from the shop's direction.
It's Mokou. She's in her usual garments. The Awesomepants are still as awesome as ever. Hiding behind her back is Keine. It looks like Mima and Star (or is it Aniki?) succeeded in finding them.
"It is nothing, Fujiwara Mokou! It's just a man's argument! Everything is fine!" Says Kourin.
"Uh... if you say so." It takes a while until Mokou realize that you are here. "Hey! Isn't that Roa?! 'sup, dawg!"

You weakly wave your hand at her. It's good to be together once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------
second part.
Damn, I'm a lazy faget.
>> No. 21894
>Mima and the little fairy got ambushed by a pack of humans!
Because obviously fairies don't know how to fly higher than two feet and ghosts can't jump from one body to the next.
>> No. 21899
File 123344762586.png - (27.16KB , 700x700 , 1233381270241.png ) [iqdb]
21899
>>21892

This update was VERY underwhelming.
>> No. 21937
>>21899
Cry harder.

Do we get some [x] choices , Kirin?
>> No. 21943
>>21937
Next update will. Sorry. I have real life problems involving work and such. My free time is low.
>> No. 22028
File 123376644199.jpg - (51.35KB , 400x400 , tsukasa_emo.jpg ) [iqdb]
22028
>real life problems
>involving work
>> No. 22102
File 123400766731.jpg - (216.45KB , 600x450 , 5dpp.jpg ) [iqdb]
22102
With the things cleared up, we sit around the big table inside Kourindou. After exchanging some greetings with Mokou and Keine and getting some rest (you the girls take a bath first, of course. They are dirty from Yukari's beat-em-up), everyone is ready.

"So, the situation is as you summarised earlier..." Kourin sums it up.
"Yes. That's all I know from visiting Eientei with Suika and Reisen." You nod. It's a very long talk. You don't want to go over it again.
"I can't understand what she's thinking at all, that Sukima." Mokou rubs her chin, thinking something. "Boy. You say you found some Onmyojin among her crew?"
"Yes. I already..." You answer. "...disposed of them."
"Damn that Kaguya. Or is it Sinner? Whatever." Mokou clicks her tongue.
"What's the matter, miss Mokou?" Reisen asks her.
"That's probably one of the Fujiwara clan."
"WHAT?!" Everyone yells in unison.
"Yes. Fujiwara clan. We are the biggest clan of Onmyojin around here. There was an incident with Sinner back then, but one of us stopped that from creating a big fuss. Not many people know that."
"Please tell me more. Maybe it might help us understand the situation."
"Alright, boy. I'll do my best."


Mokou sits in a more comfortable position, and begins her story.

"Long story short, there's an ancient artifact some villagers found. They ask us, the Fujiwara clan, to help exorcise the curse. We try to take care of it, end up releasing Sinner from the artifact. We seal her, though. And keep her locked up."
"Oh, I know about this one." Says Keine.
"And after that we get on with our lives, et caetera. Turns out one of our guys got tricked. Or more like lured him with his false sense of righteousness. Said she's a goddess of fortune locked up to keep our clan prosperous. So yeah. He released her. It was very nasty back then. She managed to convert more than half of us to her side. It was a very big fight. In the end, one guy managed to seal her back again and clear her lies clean. He's one of our top aces."
"...and?" Suika asks her. Probably annoyed that the story is too short and is expecting more.
"Nope. That's all."
"I never knew! It's recorded as an internal clash inside Fujiwara clan in my history scroll..."
"History is not the exact truth, Keine. It's just someone's truth."
"Say... what was his name? The guy who unsealed her." You ask.
"No record on this. Sorry, boy."
"And the guy who sealed her back?"
"Oh... his name is..." Mokou takes a while to think about it. "Hanzo... no. His name is Hans."

Hans... this name does ring a bell... You think you've heard or seen this name before. Mima also has some reaction to this name.

"Where is the seal now, Fujiwara Mokou?" Kourin asks her.
"I don't know. I haven't checked the place for ages. I'm a lone wolf, remember? But with the bitch roaming around like this I don't even have to guess it's already gone."

"Thanks for the info, Mokou. It really helps."
"No sweat, boy. Glad to be of service."
You steal a glance at Mima. She is being awfully quiet.
"So... what should we do?" Kourin asks. "Let us share our plan to take the best course of action!"
"I think I will go to the Moriya shrine, Aniki."
"Hm? and what is your plan, my brother?"
"If what I heard is right, Kanako is a goddess. She should be able to help us in this battle."
"Kanako Yasaka? The Moriya's goddess? Why do you think she would help us?" Mokou frowns.
"Better talk to her first. We won't accomplish anything if we just sit down and think about what-ifs."
"Then we'll stay here and gather more info." Kourin stands up. With him standing and all the girls sitting like this, he suddenly looks so big and dependable. "Leave it to me, brother. If we help each other, we can overcome anything!" Star flies around happily as if to back this sentence up.
"Hah. That's my aniki alright." A smile escapes from your lips.
"Then I'll go get the witch and the dollmaster. I know them a little, so I'll try talk to them." Says Mokou.
"I... I'll go with you, Roa." Suddenly Mima speaks. "I should stick with you. I feel something will happen, and you will need me when the time comes."
"What, Mima? You're being clingy all of a sudden." You tease her a bit.
"Whatever. You can call me clingy or anything. I don't care. Just let me..." Mima is blushing red. She tightens her arms around yours. "...stay with you, for the time being."
You don't know how to deal with this situation, so you just let Mima hug your arms for a while. Ah, this is embarrassing. Hugged by a ghost... and her body pressing to you feels nice. You stopped wondering about that long time ago. This is a magical land. A ghost's body can feel very good. You already experienced it...


The memory of that night makes you blush profusely.


[X] Roster setup -- Make a team of 3!
--- [X] Mima [default]
--- [ ] Suika
--- [ ] Keine
--- [ ] Reisen
--- [ ] Aniki
--- [ ] Star
-------------------------------------------------------------
Finally.
>> No. 22105
And the plot thickens~

You shouldn't rush yourself, especially with the activity as it is. You're slipping on quality; for a second there I thought I was reading an entirely different thread.

Anyways. So, what, only two then?

--- [x] Suika
--- [x] Reisen

Why change what you've already got working for you?
>> No. 22106
[X] Roster setup -- Make a team of 3!
--- [X] Mima [default]
--- [X] Suika
--- [X] Star

Reisen is useless~
>> No. 22107
>You shouldn't rush yourself, especially with the activity as it is. You're slipping on quality.

So what I fear finally come true, eh?
Sorry, dear reader. I'm not having much free time lately. So with this little time I left I tried to jam all I need into one update, which already proves fatal. As you can see, the quality is dropping. I am sorry for that.
I'll try to clear my work and write for you guys whenever I can.
>> No. 22115
[X] Roster setup -- Make a team of 3!
--- [X] Mima [default]
--- [X] Suika
--- [x] Aniki

This will be awesome.
>> No. 22117
[X] Roster setup -- Make a team of 3!
--- [X] Mima [default]
--- [X] Aniki
--- [X] Star

ROA ROA FIGHT THE POWER
>> No. 22123
[X] Roster setup -- Make a team of 3!
--- [X] Mima [default]
--- [X] Aniki
--- [X] Star
>> No. 22127
File 123405576218.jpg - (451.39KB , 600x593 , 8ae4b2c773f69d86086b676c628c35f6.jpg ) [iqdb]
22127
>>22105

>You shouldn't rush yourself, especially with the activity as it is. You're slipping on quality.

Cut him/her some slack. After 22124 posts, it is bound to happen. We should thank Kirin for keeping /shrine/ alive after all this time.

Kirin- Lone Ranger of /Shrine/

--- [x] Suika
--- [x] Reisen
>> No. 22131
>>22107
>>22127
Woah, there. I'm not trying to criticize, I'm just saying if there's too much going on, it shouldn't be forced. Take it easy~
>> No. 22135
File 123406436918.jpg - (66.12KB , 500x483 , 91b41210c43dd93d196e983297d7fe6e.jpg ) [iqdb]
22135
>>22131

I'll take it easy~
>> No. 22142
--- [x] Suika ====
--- [x] Reisen==
--- [X] Aniki ===
--- [X] Star===

Aniki and star is tied. Strange...
>> No. 22145
[X] Roster setup -- Make a team of 3!
--- [X] Mima [default]
--- [X] Suika
--- [x] Star
>> No. 22148
--- [x] Mima [default]
--- [x] Suika
--- [x] Star

Cute and useful mobile radar fairy is cute and useful.
>> No. 22155
Okay. Gotcha. Fairy and oni then.
Writing as soon as possible.
>> No. 22156
>>22155

hooray!
>> No. 22186
File 123425197438.jpg - (103.73KB , 700x700 , a6acb534b24ffe0953f271c98934cb83.jpg ) [iqdb]
22186
It's as if the air is stagnant.


After you left the Kourindou, You and Mima haven't said a word. Suika, the carefree oni, doesn't care about anything and hops along the steep path to the Moriya shrine happily. Both of you avoid laying an eye at each other's face and are just looking around. You see Star sitting on Suika's head, grabbing her horns like a giant robo's controller. Seeing Star reminds you of Reisen who already prepared herself to leave with you, but you asked her to stay with Kourin instead. You can still remember how she dropped her backpack on the ground with a thud, looking surprised. Then changed to dejected. Her bent rabbit ears became droopy as if to show her sadness. She just dragged her bag back to the shop, murmuring to herself. Yeah... I'm fine... I'm just Reisen Udongein Inaba... Useless rabbit that only good for her sex appeal... I understand...

You feel a little bit guilty for that. Maybe you just made her cry.

The silence is awkward. You have to say something to break this silence. But you don't really know what to talk about. How to take a good care of one's hair? Nah. That's a stupid topic. It's what you good at, but still, stupid topic to talk about. Especially now. Come to think of it... the bath at Kourindou is probably your worst experience of Gensokyo's bathroom. You grit your teeth in frustration when you think about it. Damn! It's a clean bathroom with shower alright, but... WHAT THE HELL! There's only one bar of soap! JUST THAT! NO CONDITIONER! NO SHAMPOO! NO LOTION! NO NOTHING!
Just a bar of soap cannot satisfy your sense of hygiene! You almost cry when you have to use a bar of soap on your hair. The same bar of soap that you use to clean your skin. Argh! Just thinking about it makes you feel all itchy on the head!

"So..." Mima suddenly speaks. "...It must be rough. Fighting Yukari, I mean."
"Yeah. I got beat up pretty bad. Even if it's an act, it still hurt a lot." You subconsciously combing your hair. Probably because that memory about Kourin's bathroom just now.
"It's good that you are alright, kid. I'm glad you made it out alive."
She just called you kid again. It's annoying. You are not a kid. You know you can take care of yourself and also the others when needed to. And why is Mima still looking at you like a kid? You fought to protect her. Back at the shrine. And she still look at you like a little boy that needs his mother to protect him? Mima. You're mistaken. You think that in your mind, I'm a man, Mima. Not a kid. A man that capable of...

"I'm awesome, Mima. That's why." You snap that silly retort at her without thinking. Shit. Now you looks like a kid even more.
"Yeah! Roa's really good, Mima! Even if he doesn't look like it, but he's very strong!" Suika joins the conversation.
"Is that so? Even he cannot fire just a single shot of danmaku? Nice joke, you drunk oni."
"I'm not drunk!" Suika puffs her cheek like an angry little girl.
"You're drunk. All the time." Mima chuckles, and float to the right of you. Make you a barrier between her and the angry oni. Star get a good grasp of situation, so she switch from Suika's head to yours. It probably won't be that bad, but... better be careful. A fight between oni and a ghost mage is not to be trifled with.


You enjoy yourself laughing at Suika chasing Mima around. The sexy ghost flies around, snickering and mocking the little oni who tirelessly chases her. But while you and the others are having fun, Star suddenly pulls your hair sideways, making you lose balance and------


Suika falls down from the sky and crashes onto the ground with a colorful explosion. Mima stops dead in her flight and looks around for intruder, in combat ready mode. You push yourself up from the ground, still wondering what just happened. What the hell is that? Ambush? From where? By whom? For what?
You look at where Suika crashed. She staggered out from the blast crater, her clothes a little charred and torn up. Suika already told you this once back at Kourindou. It's---

"Danmaku!" Mima yells. "From the north! Long range artillery barrage! GET TO COVER!"

Suika and Star fly away from their position. Only you're left on the ground. Oh, for fuck's sake. This is a land where almost everyone can fly BUT YOU!


It's as if someone hit you with hundreds of hot needles. It's painful. It's hot. You feel a great force flattening you down on the ground. Like a giant hammer hitting you on the back. It's not pleasant at all. You wonder how can Suika take direct hit by this danmaku artillery and still stand up like nothing happened.

"Roa got hit by danmaku!" Suika's voice. Someone just pulled you up. "You alright?!"
"Ugh, not really."
"It's your first time. It's gonna hurt a little bit more than normal. But when you get used to it, it doesn't really hurt."
Mima flies down to get you. She gets behind you and wraps her arms around your waist. Her bouncy, squishy, marshmallow-like mounds are pressing your back. No, wait. This is not the time to think about that! You have to think of some plan! There's more danmaku barrages flying at you. Judging from the direction... It's from Moriya shrine! Shit! Did Sinner get to them first?!

"Mima!"
"Yes?"
"Can you possess me and make me able to fly?!"
"Hah?... Yeah, I think I can. But it's gonna be me who'll control the flight. You can't do anything but float around."
"Good enough. Possess me. Now." You turn to the other one. "Suika! Can you do something about that danma---!?"
Suika just punched through one of the danmaku artillery balls, and it dissipate into colorful lights. Well, guess you have no need to ask her then.
"Suika! Fly in front of me! Punch everything that gets in our way!"
"Gotcha! Leave it to me!"
"Star! Come here!"
The fairy obediently flies back to you. You hug her tight like a little girl who just got a teddy bear as her birthday present.
"OKAY GO! GET TO THE SHRINE!"
You don't even know when you're being possessed. Mima's already inside you and your body just shot out to the dark sky. You didn't know how long you walk, but it must be around 7PM now since you were leaving the shop when the sun was setting.
Mima shows her battle-hardened skills by gracefully dodging the giant balls of danmaku one by one. You can feel the energy of the ball grazing your body when you almost touch it. When Mima is in tight spot, Suika uses her almighty fist and blasts through the danmaku with raw power. But even then, a plan is not one hundred percent fail-proof. One of the danmaku balls gets past Suika and runs straight to you at full speed. Mima just dodged another one, she can't change direction that fast!

"Roa! Look out!" Suika tries to fall back to help you, but it is already too late.

But your body suddenly change direction. You open your eyes, wondering how you got past that ball without frying to crisp, and you found out that Star also did her part. She pulled you down with all her might, and you managed to avoid that shot. Oh, you forgot she also can fly. Because Star is so soft it's like you are hugging a doll.


The danmaku barrage lessened, and after a while stopped. You land on the Moriya shrine's long stairway. And under the moonlight, there are two figures stand in your way. Their weapons gleam in the pale light of the half moon.

"You are in for some beating when you meet me." It's a man's voice. His weapon is some long staff... a spear? "You're gonna be sorry."
"Let's get this over with. The girls are waiting." Another voice. It's a man with somewhat gritty sound. His giant blade is intimidating. Isn't it... claymore?!


Without giving you any chance to get yourself ready, the two of them charge at you with unbelievable speed!


[ ] Write-ins
>> No. 22205
maybe doing a writeins only here is too hard. I'll give you choice then. Hope it gets me some vote this time.

[ ] Talk your way out of it.
--- [ ] Told them you come to see Kanako.
--- [ ] Told them you are Sanae's acquaintance.
--- [ ] Told them you are not enemy, etc.
[ ] Put up some good fight using your teammate to combo.
[ ] Put up some good fight using your own ability and skills.
>> No. 22206
[x] Put up some good fight using your own ability and skills.

As if I have time to talk when they're charging like that.
>> No. 22207
[x] Put up some good fight using your own ability and skills.
>> No. 22208
[x] Put up some good fight using your own ability and skills.
>> No. 22210
File 123433067812.jpg - (127.92KB , 450x600 , b926f20747f78bda9b503844af115856.jpg ) [iqdb]
22210
>Yeah... I'm fine... I'm just Reisen Udongein Inaba... Useless rabbit that only good for her sex appeal... I understand...

WHY YOU DO THAT? ;_;

[!/] Put up some good fight using your own ability and skills.

ACTION ROA! USE ONE HAND TO STOP ONE ATTACK EACH!
>> No. 22211
[X] Talk your way out of it.
--- [X] Told them you come to see Kanako.
Ku-chan is a warrior with blessings of several goddesses.
Clay is a living weapon. And possibly lover of a goddess.

...I don't think we have much of a chance here alone. If we want to fight, we should do it together with our team.
>[X] Put up some good fight using your teammate to combo.
This is my secondary vote if things turn for the worse.
>> No. 22235
You make it sound like a 0% chance for winning.

Might as well be 100% with ACTION ROA.
>> No. 22237
Are you going to fight these two? Unarmed? I need a confirmation.
The result might be interesting...
>> No. 22238
>>22237

Mammonite and Coin Defense of course.
>> No. 22239
File 123441357929.jpg - (52.52KB , 641x363 , symmetrical.jpg ) [iqdb]
22239
>>22237

Make it perfectly symmetrical.
>> No. 22240
You have chosen a very, very interesting path, Anon.
Writing as soon as possible.
>> No. 22241
>>22240

hooray!
>> No. 22262
File 12344855732.jpg - (113.34KB , 600x705 , d23c8eda0be1cbc96c838dee82effe0f.jpg ) [iqdb]
22262
Lack of speedy updates has made me a sad panda.
>> No. 22290
File 123461237526.jpg - (115.42KB , 850x975 , sample-4aa89dfe489f17220d7df932d69520ac.jpg ) [iqdb]
22290
Expect an update in a couple of minutes.
>> No. 22291
a couple of minutes, eh.
>> No. 22292
File 123462211296.jpg - (107.09KB , 600x854 , fa85ebb085a4e94dd0e819dbcb9ecfa7.jpg ) [iqdb]
22292
[x] Put up a good fight using your own ability and skills.
------------------------------------------------------------

The spear makes a wide arc, aiming for your head. You don't really see it clearly with the moonlight as only your source of light. You can roughly estimate where it should hit, so you ready your defensive skill to deflect the attack. You feel your pocket getting a bit lighter when the spear hits your arm, and the golden dust sprouts out from where it impacts. The golden dust gives you the little bit of light you need to get a clear look at the weapon. The assailant uses the shaft, not the spear head. If he really uses it, you will have a hard time dealing with the rate of the decreasing money. And with some extra cash added, you send the spear flying from his hand. Now you've gained a little bit of an edge over this battle!

But as you're going to throw another note to follow the staggering assaulter, that spear returns to you. Another guy catches it mid-air and throws it at you.

"He's obviously a youkai, Chulainn!" He yells as he rushes to you. "He can use some kind of power!"
"No wait! I'm not a youka----!!"

The spear sails past your face, only inches away from your nose. You turn to look at the newcomer, and suddenly there is a loud bang on your back. The swordsman just hit you with the blade. Once again, not using the sharp side. You are caught off-guard so this one deals full damage. You roll on the floor like a soccer ball but your warrior instinct kicks in and you push yourself up from the ground. Good thing you did that, because the spear somehow manages to embed itself into where you were earlier.

"Roa!" Suika and Mima rush in to help you, but you push them away.
"I'll deal with this! You take a look at the shrine, see if there's still anyone in there and----"

Another swing from the lancer. You manage to block it, but it's as if those two can read each other's minds, they don't even give you a chance to counterattack. The continuous flow of attacks keep you away from your team.
"I won't let you!" Says the swordsman. He dashes to Mima, ready to beat her down with his sword. But his attack is denied by your accurate coin toss on his blade. The golden dust flashes again when the coins connect with the blade and explode, directing the blade away.
"I won't, either!" Oh damn. Now you suddenly feel awesome.

"Roa! Hang on! I'll be right back!" Mima suddenly snaps out of it and leads Suika to the shrine with haste. Star hurriedly follows behind them.
"Clay! They're going to reach the shrine soon!" The lancer calls his partner. He rushes past you without even looking. It's as if he sees you as an easy target that cannot bother him. It's a disgrace for a man to be looked down upon like that. You can't let that happen!

You tag a banknote on the swordsman's back. It blows up like an explosive charge, sending him flying several yards. The lancer rushes in to assist but you are faster this time. Mammonite-powered fist hits his guard hard, stopping him from advancing any further.

"You are not going anywhere." While extending your hands out as if to block them from moving forward, you say. "You are going to lie on the ground, beaten to a pulp. I won't let you get past me even if I die trying."
"Smug talk from a person who can't even hold his own against me?" The lancer grins. "I'll just walk over your unconscious body then!"

Those two step up the gears and throw every move at you full-force. You can't even breathe. The attacks keep coming nonstop. You can't even try to ask them why they are attacking you. The money is rapidly decreasing, and when the last blow hits, you know there is no money left in your pocket anymore. You try dodging with all your abilities, but with these two warriors... You just can't dodge them all.

"This is as far as you can go!" The swordsman says that as he swings his sword, intending to take you out with this blow. It's finished. You are going down. You just cannot outmatch them. They are too strong. It's inevitable. You close your eyes and prepare for the worst to come.

If I just have something... Something that can match their weapon... Something that will let me fight with them on the same ground...!


You feel something clashing with the incoming attack. The swordsman landed quite far away from you, confused and startled. "How can that thing block my sword?!" He groans in frustration.


You look on the ground, and you find...


[ ] A golden cane.
[ ] A golden Japanese fan.
[ ] Elton John's sunglasses.
[ ] Something fabulous...(specify)
>> No. 22293
[X] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.
>> No. 22294
[X] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.
>> No. 22297
Following the Biblical "Mammonite".

[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet
>> No. 22298
[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet

Oh... Oh god, the memories.
>> No. 22299
[X] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.
>> No. 22300
[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet
THIS!
>> No. 22301
[X] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.

The coat is TOO fabulous.
>> No. 22302
>The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet
need more info on this.
>> No. 22305
[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet

The FABULOUS choice.
>> No. 22307
[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet

Awesome.
>> No. 22308
[x] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.
>> No. 22310
[x] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.

Gaudy coat is gaudy.
>> No. 22313
[X] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.
>> No. 22322
File 123465046344.jpg - (51.45KB , 389x534 , coatofmanycolors2sd1.jpg ) [iqdb]
22322
>need more info on this.

"Now Israel [Jacob] loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colors." (Genesis 45:3)

The coat of Joseph, son of Jacob. Born with superpowers, his brother Judah sold him into slavery, for twenty pieces of silver, out of jealousy, dipping the coat in goat's blood and telling his father that he had been mauled by a lion. Because of his ability to interpret dreams, he eventually rose to become a favorite of the Pharaoh. He was so dead-sexy that the Pharaoh's wife tried to seduce him, but he wasn't having any of that, so she had him thrown in jail. After some tribulations, he eventually convinced the Pharaoh that the bitch was a hoe, and so the Pharaoh made him viceroy and let him marry his daughter. Because of his actuarial ability, he was able to amass a large amount of food during a famine, as well as buying up all the farmland. His price-gouging skills ultimately led to his brothers' comeuppance at his hand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_many_colours
>> No. 22328
[x] The golden comb of the Gods. Fabulous.

Oh come on. You guys haven't thought of it yet?
>> No. 22335
[X] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet
The sword doesn't really fit Roa.
>> No. 22336
[x] Caladbolg, Legendary Irish weapon of Fergus mac Ròich, a two-handed sword that made a circle like an arc of rainbow when swung, and to have the power to slice the tops off hills and take out an entire host.
>> No. 22339
The colors clash so much that they really do block offensive attacks.

We have harnessed the raw, malevolent power of bad fashion and turned it into a tool.

Awesome.
>> No. 22340
>>22339
Oh, and
[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet

Hell, the colors could do all kinds of crazy mental tricks as well. Possibly generate a visual pattern that interferes with Sinner's hypnosis?
>> No. 22341
{X} The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet
>> No. 22342
Robe of Prismatic Sphere, coming at you with seven different flavors of death.
>> No. 22343
[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet

Fucking
Awesome
>> No. 22345
Called.
You got yourself an amazing coat.
And gosh darn it I'll have to try real hard to make it really works!
>> No. 22348
oh god the FABULOUS
>> No. 22406
File 123496602090.jpg - (51.17KB , 400x398 , rainbow5.jpg ) [iqdb]
22406
[x] The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat of Joseph the Prophet
--------------------------------------------------------------


You look at the object in front of you, wondering what could possibly block that huge sword swinging with full force. And when you see it, your mouth hangs open in awe.


It's just a coat. A simple coat.


No, in fact it's not really simple. This coat is colourful. And not just colourful. It makes someone who looks at it scream colourful in his head. It's as if the colour changes every time you look at it. In every colour, every shade possible. This shirt must be using a 32-bit coloring system. It looks patched and worn out, but the colours are surprisingly bright and clear. Looking at it for too long might hypnotize you into doing something nasty.
You pick up the coat and try wearing it. It's surprisingly warm and fits like it's tailored just for you.

"Your attack has been blocked by a coat?!" The lancer expresses his astonishment. "Your sword must be terribly dull, Clay."
"Sarcasm taken." The swordsman grits his teeth. Still wondering how that colorful coat could possibly block his attack.
"Well, no use standing here. He can't block us both. Just gang up on him and he'll be defeated in no time."
"Hey! Isn't that kind of unfair?!" You voice your complaints.
"Every hero does that. United power to destroy evil, you see." Lancer shrugs.
"But I'm not evi---!"

After he finishes talking, the two of them rush at you again. This time faster than usual. The first strike hits your coat right in the middle, and it bursts into a colourful bar of lights. It's like throwing a flashbang right between someone's nose. The light is blinding. The three of you can't see a thing except that rainbow of colours dancing in your eyeballs. What the hell. Did you get thrown into technicolour world or something?


"I'm here to assist you, Claire and Chulainn!"

It's that girl you met over the youkai mountain's sky. The white wolf tengu. She rushes in and helps the swordsman up.
"Hey... Isn't that...?" She seems to recognise you. "Are you that tourist guy from outside the border?"
"Glad to see a familiar face." You reply. "And if you don't mind, please help me up as well. It's like my head is spinning."
"No no no wait wait wait." Chulainn, the lancer, speaks up. "So this guy is your acquaintance, Momizi?"
"We met once or twice. I can say he's not evil." She look into your eyes, searching for something. "No... at least not yet. He's safe."
"Ahh~ damn. And I thought he's a bad guy too. Sorry dude." Chulainn pats your back. Well, it's good that the misunderstanding has cleared up.

More people show up. It's Suika and Mima. Kanako and that blue-coloured miko is with them as well. You wave at them.

As soon as Mima's foot touches the ground, she starts running to you. And before you can do anything you fall down on the ground with Mima on top.
"Roa! I'm glad you're all right!"
Woah. You never expected Mima to cannonball you like Chen always did. She just jumped at you all of a sudden. Her slender body is resting on your muscular abs. Her soft chest is pressing on yours. Her breath, shuddering a little, is tickling your neck. You want to extend this moment as long as possible, but you don't dare to move. You feel like if you move even a millimetre, this moment would fade away. So you just let Mima do what she wants. Let her cling to you as she wishes.

"*Whew~*!... Getting all lovey-dovey here eh? My shrine does not restrict things like this, but can you please knock it out? Lots of people here. Kids too."
Kanako's whistle snaps Mima out of her reverie. She jumps off of you and dusts herself a bit. Obviously embarrassed.
"I'm just worried about him, you silly goddess." Mima glares at her. "He's fighting your two-top. It's obvious that I'm very concerned about his safety!"
"Is it just that~? Hm~ hm~?" Kanako is really enjoying it. The blue miko, Sanae, just sighs and palms her face in disbelief.


--------------------------------------------------


All the Moriya shrine's inhabitants are gathering in the living room. There's a lot of new faces you've never seen before. Some of them give you a friendly look, but some emanate a threatening aura. Aside from Sanae, a miko is sitting near another green-haired maiden. And that swordsman guy, Clay (or is it Claire?) is sitting near the lancer, Chulainn. You decide to introduce yourself first.

"*Ahem*... Greetings. My name is Michael Roa Valdamjong. Roa, for short. I already know some of you, but there's a lot of unfamiliar faces here. If you will share your names with me..." You direct your words at the girls.
"Ah, where's my manners? I'm Adahn. Miko of the curse goddess." The other miko stands up and bows. You return in kind.
"And I am Hina Kagiyama, the curse goddess this fair maiden speaks of. It is a pleasure to meet you, Mister Valdamjong." The green-haired goddess does a curtsy in a very ladylike manner.
"We usually stay at Hina's shrine, but we migrated here for safety reasons." Adahn explains. "It's quite dangerous out there with villagers being like that."
"I'm the one who suggested she stay here. Well, Hina used to stay here before she set up her own shrine so it's not that bad." Momizi added.
You nod. Well, you never met them before so you have no knowledge about this shrine she's speaking of.
Hina speaks to Clay. "Claire. Why don't you exchange proper greetings with him? It's bad manners to stay silent when the other's greeting you."
Clay scratches his head and speaks up, making a face. "Yeah yeah. The name's Clay. I'm a youkai slayer and protector of Hina's shrine."
"Cu Chulainn. I'm an outsider living in this shrine. Nice to meet you."
You shake hands. Somehow you feel strangely familiar with this man.
"So you're also an outsider?"
"Yeah. So ar both the miko girls over there. Sanae's here first, followed by me and shortly after that Adahn."
"So that makes four outsiders in this room? What a coincidence!" Adahn clasps her hands.
"Hey. Sorry about that thing before. You don't mind, right?" Chulainn pats you on the back.
"Well..." You really mind, in fact you were only a millimetre away from being beaten to a pulp. But you can't say that. He's a good guy, and he probably really didn't know about your identity. So you forgive him.
"Yup. No hard feelings." You answer.

"And now that the greeting and handshake is done, would you mind telling us why you're here, Roa?"


The moment of truth has arrived. If you fail to convince them here, the road ahead will be a lot more difficult. What matters now is to convince them that Sinner is the threat that needs to be eradicated. But how? You try to think of something to convince them to aid your cause...


[ ] Diplomacy.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Show me your superior negotiation skills, Anon. You made it last time, and I expect to see awesome things from you guys again.
>> No. 22407
[x] Stand, raising your arms to display the full glory of your robe: "Incident. This is a word we are all familiar with. A time of upheaval and chaos followed by renormalization and adaptation of the old whole to the new few. Cyclic in nature, they call out the strongest powers in the land to observe and to reassert their presence and dominance. In the end, however, since the creation of the Great Border, there could only be one outcome, no matter the threat, once the Hakurei shrine maiden involves herself. That is, until now."
[x] "The defeat of the Hakurei at the hands of this new evil bodes ill for the future of this land and everyone in it. This evil calls itself 'Sinner,' against whom even the great Yakumo is reduced to background scheming and machinations. And now the balance that we had assumed as simply a way of life here is posed to teeter toward the side of either anarchy or total subjugation. No longer can we afford to speak in bluster and play danmaku games, and no longer can we expect to tackle all our problems single-handedly. This is why we are here now in calling for your support in creating a Pan-Gensokyan Alliance: A council of major players who will devise a manner in which to deal with this new threat."
>> No. 22408
[x] Stand, raising your arms to display the full glory of your robe: "Incident. This is a word we are all familiar with. A time of upheaval and chaos followed by renormalization and adaptation of the old whole to the new few. Cyclic in nature, they call out the strongest powers in the land to observe and to reassert their presence and dominance. In the end, however, since the creation of the Great Border, there could only be one outcome, no matter the threat, once the Hakurei shrine maiden involves herself. That is, until now."
[x] "The defeat of the Hakurei at the hands of this new evil bodes ill for the future of this land and everyone in it. This evil calls itself 'Sinner,' against whom even the great Yakumo is reduced to background scheming and machinations. And now the balance that we had assumed as simply a way of life here is posed to teeter toward the side of either anarchy or total subjugation. No longer can we afford to speak in bluster and play danmaku games, and no longer can we expect to tackle all our problems single-handedly. This is why we are here now in calling for your support in creating a Pan-Gensokyan Alliance: A council of major players who will devise a manner in which to deal with this new threat."
>> No. 22425
[x] Stand, raising your arms to display the full glory of your robe: "Incident. This is a word we are all familiar with. A time of upheaval and chaos followed by renormalization and adaptation of the old whole to the new few. Cyclic in nature, they call out the strongest powers in the land to observe and to reassert their presence and dominance. In the end, however, since the creation of the Great Border, there could only be one outcome, no matter the threat, once the Hakurei shrine maiden involves herself. That is, until now."
[x] "The defeat of the Hakurei at the hands of this new evil bodes ill for the future of this land and everyone in it. This evil calls itself 'Sinner,' against whom even the great Yakumo is reduced to background scheming and machinations. And now the balance that we had assumed as simply a way of life here is posed to teeter toward the side of either anarchy or total subjugation. No longer can we afford to speak in bluster and play danmaku games, and no longer can we expect to tackle all our problems single-handedly. This is why we are here now in calling for your support in creating a Pan-Gensokyan Alliance: A council of major players who will devise a manner in which to deal with this new threat."
>> No. 22426
[x] Stand, raising your arms to display the full glory of your robe: "Incident. This is a word we are all familiar with. A time of upheaval and chaos followed by renormalization and adaptation of the old whole to the new few. Cyclic in nature, they call out the strongest powers in the land to observe and to reassert their presence and dominance. In the end, however, since the creation of the Great Border, there could only be one outcome, no matter the threat, once the Hakurei shrine maiden involves herself. That is, until now."
[x] "The defeat of the Hakurei at the hands of this new evil bodes ill for the future of this land and everyone in it. This evil calls itself 'Sinner,' against whom even the great Yakumo is reduced to background scheming and machinations. And now the balance that we had assumed as simply a way of life here is posed to teeter toward the side of either anarchy or total subjugation. No longer can we afford to speak in bluster and play danmaku games, and no longer can we expect to tackle all our problems single-handedly. This is why we are here now in calling for your support in creating a Pan-Gensokyan Alliance: A council of major players who will devise a manner in which to deal with this new threat."

Fuck yeah United States of Japan of Gensokyo Pan-Gensokyo Alliance.
>> No. 22427
I cannot think of that speech with my own ability. I'm right to choose to trust anon on this.
You never fail me when it comes to diplomacy.

tl;dr: Called. Writing as soon as possible.
>> No. 22459
>>22427

belated hooray!
>> No. 22463
>>22459
>Writing as soon as possible.

Her 'Writing as soon as possible' might be right now or even next week.
>> No. 22464
>>22463

Kirin is a busy girl.
>> No. 22490
File 12354005432.jpg - (89.10KB , 760x571 , IYKWIM.jpg ) [iqdb]
22490
>>22464

Sage as I don't really have anything to contribute.
>> No. 22491
File 123540073061.jpg - (70.50KB , 720x480 , shrine.night.jpg ) [iqdb]
22491
[x] that huge write-ins.

----------------------------------------------------------


You stand up, swinging both arms to the side and letting your coat flutter.


"Incident." You stop for a bit, let that word sink in and become the focus of the discussion. "...This, is a word we are all familiar with. A time of upheaval and chaos followed by renormalisation and adaptation of the old whole to the new few. Cyclic in nature, they call out the strongest powers in the land to observe and to reassert their presence and dominance."
You do it like your teacher told you back then. Talking to no one in particular but trying to look into everyone's face in the eyes. Make it as if you are specifically talking to them one on one.
"In the end, however, since the creation of the Great Border, there could only be one outcome, no matter the threat, once the Hakurei shrine maiden involves herself. That is... until now."

You take this little moment of pause to observe the audience's reaction. Looks like everyone is focusing on you except Clay. He's picking his nose and eating Senbe. Well, at least most of us are listening...

"The defeat of the Hakurei at the hands of this new evil bodes ill for the future of this land and everyone in it. This evil calls itself 'Sinner,' against whom even the great Yakumo is reduced to background scheming and machinations. And now the balance that we had assumed as simply a way of life here is posed to teeter toward the side of either anarchy or total subjugation."

Now is the time. You slam your fist on the table, startling everyone. You think you see Sanae and Adahn jump in surprise.

"No longer can we afford to speak in bluster and play danmaku games!" Another bang. "No longer can we expect to tackle all our problems single-handedly!" Yet another bang. "This is why we are here now in calling for your support in creating..."

Yes. You can do it! It's complete! The most convincing speech you've ever done in your life!

"...A Pan-Gensokyan Alliance: A council of major players who will devise a manner in which to deal with this new threat. The gathering of the strongest!"

When you finish your speech, Suika, Star, Sanae, Adahn, and Momizi are all clapping their hands. Mima even whistles. They are talking among themselves about your speech. Chulainn, in the other hand, is having a serious discussion with Kanako. Hina joins Clay with Senbe and some tea. She gives you a thumbs-up. You bow down, accepting the applause.


"Nice speech, Roa. I'm moved." Says Kanako. "But we still cannot decide this right now. Let me have a word with everyone in my house first. Sanae, Hina. Come here for a bit..."

Kanako takes every Moriya inhabitant plus Momizi to the next room. Surprisingly, Clay is still here. Looks like he's quite fond of the orange and the leg-warming table. Even if it's still summer the night's breeze is still very cold. No point standing here and looking like an idiot, so you join him.
"You're not going?" You ask Clay.
"I don't bother. Adahn's decision is my decision. I act as she commands, or wishes. Though it's mostly the latter over the former."
You feel soft, bouncy things touching your back. You turn around and see Mima hugging you from behind.
"Nice one, Roa. This negotiation is in the bag. We can just sit back and wait for good news."
You enjoy having Mima massaging your back with marshmallows like this, but this is kind of embarrassing. Mima must have thought about it too, and suddenly breaks away from you, mumbling a quiet 'sorry' out of her lips. Strange. You didn't feel embarrassed at first, why now? It's not like this back then when you could playfully grope her without worry. Well, not like you ever tried that before, but it's probably okay. At least you think so.
You discard that confusing thought and focus on your orange. Mima, Suika and Star join you in the Kotatsu. Now that all four sides are occupied, you can play mahjong and have a deathmatch where you bet your 2000CC of blood and five hundred million yen in one match.

After you finished half of the orange, they come back.

"Oh, you've finished your discussion?!" You stand up to greet Kanako.
"Yes. And we've reached our decision." Kanako rests her hand on your shoulder and gives a little squeeze. "...I really want to help you there, Roa. But we cannot join."


WHAT?!


"You see, Reimu is strong. She beat everyone of us here once. We know why she's being called the strongest, on par with Yukari. Yet that monster cannot take Sinner down. Hell, BOTH of them can't. I... we don't want to get involved. It's not that I'm scared of her, of course. But why take the risk? We can just stay here and let the incident solve itself. Yukari is working on it, right? And Sinner didn't make any move against us, so if we just lay low things will get better soon. That's what I...we, think."
"But what about everyone's safety?! What about the peace of this land?!" You ask.
"That's..." Kanako grits her teeth. She obviously knows about that. Yet she chooses not to.


"But I will."

All of you turn to the owner of that voice. Hina.
"My humble shrine was just established and is still low on worshipers. Helping them is a perfect way to gain faith and trust." Hina spins, letting her skirt flutter a little and reveal her smooth thighs as eye candy. "Imagine how villagers will look at my shrine after me and Adahn rescue them from an evil grasp. Hina, the savior. The one who did the task even Reimu of Hakurei cannot accomplish. We can rise to the top position and overtake Moriya shrine!"

Kanako tenses up when she hears the words 'faith' and 'worshippers'.

Hina looks at Kanako and smirks. "I am quite sure I can assist you in defeating her, Mister Valdamjong. And for those who are too scared and prefer to hide, please step down from the stage." Now she really directs her sarcastic smile at Kanako. Intensely. "...for cowards should stay in the back and let the real thing handle the hot stuff~"

Kanako loses her temper and flips the fuck out now. She flips the Kotatsu, scattering the tea set, Senbe and half-eaten orange. Thanks to Momizi, Chuulainn and Clay, all of them are saved.

"What the hell, Hina! You bitch wanna mess with me, huh? You wanna mess with me? I'm Kanako, goddamnit! Kanako Yasaka! I'm a motherfucking goddess, damnit! I cannot take this kind of insult and stay silent like a coward! You want the real thing, huh? Hina!? Here's the real thing! I AM the real thing!"

Kanako grabs your collar and shakes you back and forth. Sanae gasps and rushes in to pry you from her grip.

"Alright, boy! Count me in! I'm gonna show Gensokyo how strong Moriya folks are! Where do I need to sign?! Gimme my stamp, Sanae! Or a pen! or I can just stamp my blood for the sake of being awesome!"

Hina taps your shoulder and whispers into your ear. 'Be sure to thank me later, Mister Valdamjong~'


-----------------------------------------------
>> No. 22492
File 123540104122.jpg - (96.69KB , 500x500 , 5kyl.jpg ) [iqdb]
22492
After taking some time to calm Kanako down (Sanae and Chulainn tried everything, but in the end she stopped because of Sanae's Stop being a nuisance or I'm gonna tell Suwako about it!), Hina explains to Kanako the reason she has to taunt her.

"I know you are very powerful, Kanako. You just want to protect the Moriya's household. But Ku-chan and Sanae, both of them are not incompetent people. They can protect themselves just fine. Don't worry!"
"Yeah, I guess. It's kind of like big-sis worries. I just don't want to risk having them hurt. I forgot these two are very good."
"It's okay it's okay~" Hina smile. This time a heartfelt smile. "Sorry that I called you a coward, okay?"
"You are very good at taunting people, y'know? You have talent for that."
"My my, is that a compliment or sarcasm, I wonder~?"
"Really Hina. You're---"

The two goddesses are having a chitchat. It doesn't looks like you can intrude on them now, and it's not like you have any important things to interrupt them with either. You let your eyes wander and look around the room. Chulainn is playing with Suika and Star. He's making silly faces using chopsticks. Suika tries to imitate him and it somehow looks more cute than funny and Star is laughing her ass off. Eh? So Star's voice returned somehow? On the far side of the room, Mima and Clay are having tea. They just drink tea. And sigh in bliss.

"I'm glad it turned out fine!"
It's Adahn. She comes with Momizi, hand in hand. Are they in that kind of relationship?, you wonder. It's not surprising since most of the people you met along the way are girls.
"You bet. Now we're one step closer to our goal. restoring our old peaceful Gensokyo."
"Your eyes always brighten up when you speak about this. It's kind of inspiring. My type of guy, actually." Adahn giggles.
"Hey Adahn! Are you flirting another guy in front of me? You two-timer!"
"I'm just teasing you a bit. You're so cute when you're jealous, Momi." Adahn pokes Momizi's cheek, and the wolf girl blushes furiously.
So they are really in THAT kind of relationship. Wow.
"We'll be working together from now on, Mister Roa. Let me do a proper greeting this time..." Sanae bows. "My name is Kotiya Sanae. Miko of Moriya shrine. Please take care of me from now on."
"Oh, same here. Michael Roa Valdamjong. Nice to meet you." You shake hands with her. "And you can just call me Roa. Mister Roa is too formal for me, haha."
"Alright, Roa." Sanae nods, smiling. "Ah... It's very late! Do you want to rest here for tonight? I will go prepare the dinner. Later!"
Sanae darts off to the kitchen to prepare the dinner (obviously). You decide to stay here for the night because it's very dark out there. Suddenly free, you don't know what to do next.


'hmm... now what?'


[ ] Join Ku, Star and Suika.
[ ] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.
[ ] Join the goddesses' conversation.
[ ] Talk with the lovey-dovey couple.
[ ] Go help Sanae with kitchenwork.
[ ] Take a bath and TAKE CARE OF YOUR BELOVED HAIR.
[ ] Take a walk.
---< > Try experimenting something with your new coat to see if it synergies with your currency power.
---< > Take a walk in general. Enjoy the cool breeze.
>> No. 22493
[X] Join the goddesses' conversation.

Time for some intruding.
>> No. 22495
[x] Join Ku, Star and Suika.

I cannot resist cute girls and chopstick noses.
>> No. 22496
[x] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.

We haven't spend nearly enough time with our girlfriend.
>> No. 22497
[x] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.

Dueling with Clay in the gladitorial arena of Boobopolis.
>> No. 22498
[x] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.
>> No. 22499
[x] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.
>> No. 22502
[x] Talk with the lovey-dovey couple.

ANONS! PREPARE FOR HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHH!!
>> No. 22503
[x] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.
>> No. 22511
[X] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.
I want to choose Momizi and Adahn, but.. Better option beats good one. Hopefully there will be time to talk with other two more later.
>> No. 22518
>and Star is laughing her ass off. Eh? So Star's voice returned somehow?
This... may or may not be a good thing.

Best case scenario: Sanae's miracle power fixed it.
Worst case scenario: She's possessed by Sinner.
Lazy case scenario: Kirin decided it was time for Star to regain it.
Unknown case scenario: (Something we've yet to find out.)
>> No. 22521
>>22518
Or Mima's invasion repaired her vocal chords.
>> No. 22574
File 123565878717.jpg - (49.37KB , 470x304 , geisha_tea_set.jpg ) [iqdb]
22574
[X] Drinking tea with Mima and Clay.
-----------------------------------------------


You decide to just sit back and relax. Today was such a hectic day. Got beaten up by Yukari and Ran, got beaten up by Aniki, got beaten up by Ku and Clay. Hey... wasn't today full of blood and bruises? You wonder how you could survive all that. Come to think of it, you make a mental note to examine the colorful coat later when you have time. Now that you have no use for it, you take it off and leave it on the floor. But as the coat touches the ground, it magically disappears.


Jesus. Am I doing it wrong?!


You think of any possibilities that can make clothes disappear, but find none. Hmm... maybe it's ethereal and just phased through the floor? Then it should be under the shrine by now, or worse, underground. Or maybe it's just magic. Yeah. It should be. It's a magical coat. Then maybe you might recall it by focusing your mana or something.
You try thinking of happy thoughts. To your dismay, the coat doesn't materialize.
Now you try a more direct method. You yell out in your mind, COLORFUL COAT, COME! and when you open your eyes, there it is. The coat is in your hand. How convenient.

You make another mental note to practice using it more. And a little remark that a happy thought didn't work.


Done with the issue, you sit down. The kotatsu is warm and you feel like sleeping. Mima is still drinking her tea peacefully, and doesn't notice that you are right beside her. You don't want to interrupt this peaceful moment, so you don't say a word. You just pour yourself some tea and enjoy its fine taste. You slump down on the table, lazily watching Ku playing with the kids. Ahh.... this is great....

"Hey, pass me the orange."
"Sure thing." You reach for the orange at the far side of the table and hand it to Mima.
"Thanks...." Mima takes it from your hand, and after taking a while to recognise you, she suddenly jumps and her knees hit the table hard. If she's not a ghost, you think she might get a bruise from that.
Yet again, the tea set and the senbe are saved thanks to you and Clay's swift reaction.
"Mima! You startled me! What's wrong?!" You ask her.
"YOU are the one who startled me, Roa!" She sets the table back down with magic. Or is it poltergeist power?
"What? I just passed you the orange."
"Just don't suddenly appear like that. Sheesh."
"Aren't you a ghost? You should be accustomed with that."
"Shut up, you." She turns the other way, not looking at you in the eye. But when she met Clay's inquisitive glare Mima focuses back on her orange. She starts peeling it with so much determination that it looks funny. She blushes a little. So she really was startled. It's not really your fault but you feel guilty somehow.

Time passes. You notice that Mima tries to move away from you bit by bit. Annoyed by that you move closer to her. This cycle continues for a while until Clay has to voice his uneasiness.

"Hey. Could you move away a little? You want to bump me out of the table or something?"
"Ah, sorry..." Mima apologizes, and stops getting away from you.
She shifts around under the table for a while, and suddenly she stands up.
"I'm going for a walk." And quickly walks out of the room.
"Don't go too far, though. Dinner's soon!" Kanako waves at her as she walks by.

You follow her without a second thought.


You look around for a while, and find her gazing at the moon on the front porch. You are stunned by her beauty. A lone maiden under the pale moonlight. Her skin reflects the white glow of the moon, as if she really shines from within. Her eyes. They're looking far away. Longing for something. Something you don't know, and never will. Her sadness. Her confusing heart. You can see it from her emerald green eyes. What makes her sad? What confuses her? That question forms in your mind. But the curiosity has been set aside, because right now you refuse to do anything. Your mind is occupied. Trying to burn this picture you are seeing into your memory.


An unknown feeling forms in your heart.


As you stand there, Mima spots you. As soon as she knows you're watching she walks away from you again. You want to know. Why she's avoiding you? What did you do wrong? You demand answers. Running after her you grab her wrist, stopping her from running away. With a light pull, you turn Mima to face you.

"Why are you running away from me, Mima?!"
"I'm not running away from you!" She yells. "You are the one following me around!"
"Then why did you run away when you saw me? Avoiding me?! What did I do wrong, Mima! If I offend you somehow then tell me about it! So that I could know my mistake!"
"You didn't do anything wrong! Just... just let me go already!"

Mima breaks free from your grasp. You're both standing still, watching each other's face.

"...you angry?" She asks.
"Maybe."
"...Why?"
"Because you are avoiding me." You calmly answer her. Trying to disperse that anger earlier in the air. "For a reason I don't even know of."
"Why do you care about that? I should be just a normal acquaintance to you, right? Why do you care about me that much?"
"I..."

You really don't know. Why do you care about her reaction so much? If it's back then, when someone was avoiding you for no reason you just ignored it. But why. When this woman is avoiding you, why do you care? It's something you cannot explain, but...

"Let's go back. The dinner should be ready."
Mima slowly walk past you, back to the living room. Leaving you here, deep in thought.


The dinner is uneventful. You don't remember much because your mind is hazy. You don't even remember what you eat. All the time after that is used to try to understand the logic behind your actions. It's confusing. Her words still echoing in your head...

"Why do you care about me that much?"


Why, indeed.




[ ] Find her. I think I know what's the reason.
[ ] I don't know... I have to talk with <...> about it.
[ ] That's probably not important. let's rest for now.
>> No. 22576
[x] Find her. I think I know what's the reason.

Mima~
>> No. 22580
[x] Because I love her. I'll make it known here and now, in front of everybody! For as long as my name is Michael Roa Valdamjong, then I shall do everything in a FABULOUS manner, and this includes announcing my love for you! "MIIII-MAAAAAA!!"
[x] Insert gigantic block of overly-romanticized confession of love text here.

And don't forget to shout it!
>> No. 22581
[x] Find her. I think I know what's the reason.
>> No. 22584
[x] Find her. I think I know what's the reason.
>> No. 22585
>[X] I don't know... I have to talk with Ku-chan about it.
Actually... No. We have no idea how he's doing with Sanae.
[X] I don't know... I have to talk with Adahn about it.
She seems to be doing well with Momizi. Maybe she could give us some relationship help, from woman's view.

If all else fails, then this:
[X] Because I love her. I'll make it known here and now, in front of everybody! For as long as my name is Michael Roa Valdamjong, then I shall do everything in a FABULOUS manner, and this includes announcing my love for you! "MIIII-MAAAAAA!!"
[X] Insert gigantic block of overly-romanticized confession of love text here.
>> No. 22587
[x] Find her. I think I know what's the reason.
>> No. 22589
[x] Find her. I think I know what's the reason.
>> No. 22604
File 123587002577.png - (96.12KB , 499x449 , bb1daaff53caf5446ace56c674d2d1b7.png ) [iqdb]
22604
unanimous vote is unanimous.
Writing as soon as possible.
>> No. 22605
>>22604

hooray!
>> No. 22626
>>22604

Updates?
>> No. 22630
>>22626
Sorry for the delay. It's like usual. Work, etc. Please wait patiently until I can actually slack off and write the updates.
In the meantime, check out /others/ 's lawyer story. It's good, I tell ya!

[/advertisement]
>> No. 22731
File 12369222854.jpg - (95.39KB , 720x900 , f0cc1d0d9c869e4a5f66764ab006e547.jpg ) [iqdb]
22731
[x] Find her. I think I know what's the reason.
------------------------------------------------------


"Why do you care about me that much?"

The answer is inside of you. This tingling feeling inside your chest. It's something that can't be explained, but you're able to feel, and understand it. Something you never had before. Something all the people in the world are searching for. You are unsure of yourself. But it's already happened. Formed in your heart and will never go away. This feeling...


You wander aimlessly in the Moriya shrine, hoping to see the one who put you in this state. You are deep in thought, finding the way to express this feeling in words. Your resolve is to tell her about it, but you still cannot form those words into something understandable.


Ahh... You just can't use logic with love.


As if you two are being drawn to each other, you find Mima's leg dangling down from the roof. You look around for stairs to climb up to the roof, but find none. Instead of running around looking for the stairs that may not be exist, you decide to just jump and climb up to her.

The stars are so bright.

The sky is filled with the endless glow of the stars. Without the artificial light from the city you left behind, the night's sky is like a giant canvas painted with the twinkling light. It's beautiful. And amidst of that beautiful scenery, there she is. Mima is sitting alone, gazing the sky like she always did back at the shrine. You sit beside her and prepare your mind to say it. Say what you feel...


"Say, Roa. Wanna listen to a story?" Suddenly, Mima speaks. "A fairy tale... just to kill some time."
"Oh? Sure..." You still don't know what she's planning to do, so you just go with it.
Mima lays down on the roof, getting herself comfortable. Somehow you stopped gazing the stars, and are now gazing at her face instead. You feel that you'd rather look at her rather than admiring the beautiful night's sky.

"Once upon a time... there was a girl. Trained as an arcane mage..." She begins her storytelling. "...after she finished her training, she felt the things she learned were not enough, so she went traveling. She kept exploring, going anywhere she pleased. Training herself in the arts of magic and wizardry, until she reached a land... far, far away to the east. Across the vast and deadly sea. After the long journey she ended up in a settlement. She didn't know their gibberish language thus she couldn't communicate with anyone. All the local feared her for dressing in a very strange manner. Her life in a new land was unpleasant, until one man arrived. He can speak her language as well as the natives. He helped her out and didn't ask anything in return."


Mima seems to be reminiscing about something. Her face becomes bright, as if she's remembering the happiness in the past.


"He showed her new things to learn, more experiences to study, and more encounters she never forgot. The time sure flied when she was with him. And in the end, the two had fallen in love with each other. That man, was the most promising eastern magic user amongst his clan. He invited her in trying to collaborate western and eastern arts into one. People around them kept saying that they were meant to be together. Yeah, their life was peaceful. Until that fateful day...

...That day, he left the girl in the middle of the night in a hurry. Locked her up in the bedroom. The girl was so confused. So angry. Why did he do that? The girl keep thinking. Until she couldn't wait. She broke the door with her arcane magic, and followed him in the direction of strange orange hue in the horizon. When she arrived at the clan, it was a big fire... Lots of killing. People dying. A fight broke out everywhere. In the midst of the chaos... the last moment she saw him..."

A drop of tears. It's trickling down Mima's cheek. A small pond of tears is filling her eyes.

"... is when he sacrificed himself to seal the evil goddess."
>> No. 22732
Mima continues telling the story, even if she's obviously crying. It's clear now. It's clear to you who is the girl in that story...

"...There was a blinding light when he clashed with the goddess, and after it died down, all that's left is but a single pendant. A tear-shaped pendant. As clear as ice materialised from the purest water. The pendant fell into her hands, and she ran off with it. Still engulfed by sorrow and confusion. She hid in her house. Days after days, living off the emergency rations. Until one of his student arrives. The student he trusted the most. He searched for her, told her that it's all over. She came out of her hideout with relief... yet..." Mima's hand tightens. "...that student stabbed her. Betrayed her trust. He took the pendant, the last memento and the sealed goddess, away from the girl. The girl died. Filled with vengeance and regret. She cannot get into the cycle of life, and is trapped in this world as a ghost, seeking revenge..."

Mima sits up, summoning a handkerchief out of thin air and wipes her tears away. After she finishes she just dematerialises it. How convenient.
Listening to her story, you feel you need to say something to console her. But thinking about it, it's probably not a good idea. She got past it maybe a hundred years ago back when she was human. She's not that weak of a person.

After taking a short break. She continues.

"...The time passes by. The girl lives her life as a ghost and spends time doing things. She slowly forgot why she were a vengeful ghost, and just enjoyed her life. Taking one human girl as her student and teaching her witchcraft and wizardry. As the cause of her hatred disappears, she lives without purpose. Days by days, years by years, time keeps flowing like a steady stream of the great river... Until he came into her boring life."

Mima is looking into your eyes.

"...He's just an ordinary human. Coming to her place by pure accident. It should be just another unimportant person passing into her life, but the more they grew closer, the more she was attached to him. The way he acts, the way he speaks, the way he thinks. It's as if her most beloved person was there before her. Like he was just reborn and came to see her in different body. But to her dismay, after she got to know him better. She sensed it. He is the blood of that betrayer. That student of his. Along with the pendant on his neck. She was so confused. She don't know if she were to like or to hate him. Her loneliness got the best of her, and one night... she gave in to her own desires." Her voice shakes, and the tears starts brimming again. "..yet... yet it cannot clear her from that confusion. Until she decided to... break her own heart. It kills the bud before it grows...She..."


You stop her from speaking further with a touch on her lips.


"Did you know, Mima?" you say. "I have another story. Much like this one, but from a different author."
"Eh...?"

"Once upon a time, there was a young man. His life was monotonous. Boring. Every day was always the same. There was nothing ahead of his life but a path that was already destined by the others around him. But one day, he accidentally found himself in a strange land. He met one person. One person that changed his heart forever."

You move closer to Mima, keeping those emerald green eyes looking into yours.

"She seems to be a nice person, despite being a ghost. Being with her, his life changed into the colours of a rainbow. He spent time with her, and got to know her straightforward and outgoing side, her cute side, her caring side, her soft side, her... weak side.

He started to wonder, what made him feel so attached to her? What made him care about her so much? He keeps pondering to himself, until he learned everything about her."

You pull the sobbing Mima into a hug. She gasps a little with your sudden act, but surrenders herself into your embrace. Resting her head on your shoulder.

"He wants to see her happy. He wants to give her joy. He wants to be there for her, to protect her from any worries. Even if he is her past lover's double, he doesn't care. He is not him. Right now, he can make her happy. And he will do just that. So..."
Mima chuckles. "Me? Protected by a mere human? I am the greatest mage, Mima! You think you're up to the task?"
"At least I can try."
"I'm hard to please. I'm whimsical. I may be cruel, too."
"I can live with that."
"I'm a ghost."
"What's the difference? Ghost or not, you are Mima."
"Don't you think I'm doing this to you because you are like him?"
"Like I care."
"Argh, You are such a stubborn person." Mima sigh, and kiss you on the cheek. "And I was about to giving up on you. Yet you do that. How can I say no to you after you say all that to me? Silly human."
"Haha, I know, right?"


You share your passionate kiss with her. Ahh, things will get more interesting from now on...


----------------------------------------------


Today you open your eyelids with ease. You don't feel sleepy at all. Like someone just flick your switch and you boot up. Your hand still holding Mima's. Her hand is warm, so you put her hand on your cheek. Ooooh~ nice. How can a ghost's hand become warm? You blame it to your general culprit. Magic.

You didn't do anything to her last night except some cudding and kissing. your heart races when you think about it. So this is how one feels when he's with the person he love. That's a new experience to you. A pleasant experience. Somehow, right now just spending time with her holding each other's hand make you feel more happy than back then at Yukari's house.

Ahem. Better not think about it now.


[ ] Just spend time cuddling Mima. She's warm and comfortable
[ ] Get up, begin your morning practice.
--[ ] MUSCLE TRAINING ARRRRRRRRRRRR!
--[ ] Danmaku training. But Eh. you don't have Danmaku yet. Ask <Specify> to train you.
--[ ] Skill training. Practice using the coat and try to synergise it with currency power.
[ ] Chillax at the front porch.
[ ] Hungry. Raid the kitchen.
[ ] Playing chess on the ceiling and FLEX.
[ ] .....(specify)
>> No. 22736
[x] Playing chess on the ceiling and FLEX.

I'd cuddle, but the look on Mima's face when she wakes up to find us on the ceiling would be priceless.
>> No. 22738
[X] Chillax at the front porch.
[X] Get some tea too while you're at it.
Real men always chill at porch in morning while drinking tea.
>> No. 22739
[X] Just spend time cuddling Mima. She's warm and comfortable.

Cuddles and Mima go well together.
>> No. 22747
[x] Just spend time cuddling Mima. She's warm and comfortable.
>> No. 22783
[x] Hungry. Raid the kitchen. Grab/make something for Mima, too.
[x] Wake Mima up with a kiss, and have breakfast with her.
[x] Learn Danmaku from Mima.
[x] Experiment with what kinds of things you can do with the coat. See if Mima has any good ideas on exploring possible powers, uses and/or applications of the coat.

Every day is Mima Day~
>> No. 22793
[x] Hungry. Raid the kitchen. Grab/make something for Mima, too.
[x] Wake Mima up with a kiss, and have breakfast with her.
[x] Learn Danmaku from Mima.
[x] Experiment with what kinds of things you can do with the coat. See if Mima has any good ideas on exploring possible powers, uses and/or applications of the coat.
>> No. 22799
[x] Hungry. Raid the kitchen. Grab/make something for Mima, too.
[x] Wake Mima up with a kiss, and have breakfast with her.
[x] Learn Danmaku from Mima.
[x] Experiment with what kinds of things you can do with the coat. See if Mima has any good ideas on exploring possible powers, uses and/or applications of the coat.
>> No. 22800
[x] Hungry. Raid the kitchen. Grab/make something for Mima, too.
[x] Wake Mima up with a kiss, and have breakfast with her.
[x] Learn Danmaku from Mima.
[x] Experiment with what kinds of things you can do with the coat. See if Mima has any good ideas on exploring possible powers, uses and/or applications of the coat.
>> No. 22967
updates?
>> No. 22970
>>22967
Today.
It's waiting to be proofread and after that I'm ready to go.
>> No. 22971
File 12377288988.jpg - (46.07KB , 450x450 , 86ee00eda59a1a0d782b5a15d6a41559.jpg ) [iqdb]
22971
[x] Hungry. Raid the kitchen. Grab/make something for Mima, too.
[x] Wake Mima up with a kiss, and have breakfast with her.
[x] Learn Danmaku from Mima.
[x] Experiment with what kinds of things you can do with the coat. See if Mima has any good ideas on exploring possible powers, uses and/or applications of the coat.
---------------------------------------------------------------


Well, it's morning. And when it's morning it's also normal to have a breakfast. You get up, stretch and yawn. Trying your best to ignore the delicious Mima and walk out of the room. There will be a plenty of time for an intimate relationship with her. Now, finding food is the main objective.

The kitchen is not far from your room. You think you are the first one to wake up at this time, but that is not the case. To your surprise, when you enter the kitchen Sanae is already there. The smell of newly-baked waffles fills the room. You become hungry by just smelling its sweet aroma.


"Hey there." She greets you, not even look up from her kitchen work. "Sleep well?"
"Yup. Totally." You look at the waffles toppled with honey and butter. They look tasty. Your stomach rumbles just by looking at it.
"Ah. You must be hungry! You can take one right now. I'm finishing up." Says Sanae.
"Thanks." You grab one for yourself and one for Mima. "You usually up this fast, Sanae?"
"I'm not the first one. Ku-chan is."
"He did?" That's quite surprising. You can't imagine him as an early-riser.
"Yes he did. He's out front, doing his morning practice."

Hm. That's impressive for an outsider.


You left the kitchen with two servings of breakfast. When you arrived at your room, Mima is already up. She's tidying up the room using her magic. Watching her doing it, now you want to be able to use magic like her. Life will be so much more convenient when you can do anything by just wagging your finger.

"Your breakfast is ready, milady." You imitate butler's accent and bowing down. "Had a good sleep, I presume?"
Mima giggles. "Indeed I did. I have myself a quality hugging pillow!"
"I'm glad you like it." You present a waffle to her. "And I hope your breakfast will be enjoyable as well."
"You are such a good servant. Here, let me give you some reward."
Mima disappears from your sight, along with the plate. And before you realize what's happening, Mima plants a soft kiss on your cheek.
"Wow, that was unexpected." You rub your cheek, blushing a little bit.
"Don't forget to feed me too~"
"Alright alright..." Sigh. Might as well stick to this play till the end. The butler and the mistress, huh? That's kinda hot.


After you finished your breakfast, you take Mima to the shrine's front yard. You start warming up with light exercise and take off your shirt. The magician ghost whistles when she see your six-pack.

"I can't imagine a thin guy like you as a strong person, Roa. That's impressive!"
"I'm quite proud of it myself! I a lot of time in the gym back at the outside world." You flex, and feel awesome. Whee~
"So why did you call me out?" Mima ask.
"Well, the thing is... I'm in the magical world, right? And I still can't use any magic. It's bother me that I can't be awesome like the others."
"I understand that. So you want to learn magic?"
"Yes I do."
"You've come to the right person!" Mima stick her chest up with confidence. "I've trained a human girl before, and she's now a powerful witch! You will be awesome in just no time, trust me!"
"That's good to hear!"

When you are still busy preparing yourself, Chulainn approach the group.

"Hey there. Morning practice?" He ask nonchalantly.
"Sort of. But we haven't started yet."
"So..." He twirls his lance as if to show you how cool he is. "Wanna have some sparring match? I'm really impressed by your performance yesterday."
You glance at Mima. You just get your ass kicked yesterday by him, and he's going to do the same today too. But despite that fact, Mima still gives you a thumbs-up.
"Don't worry! This is a sparring match, right? I'll teach you along the way. Learn something hands-on is always better, Especially in life-or-death situation!"

Hooh boy, this might turn out nasty.

"Alright! I'll help you train too! Tell me what to do!"
Even if Chulainn said he's gonna assist you in training, but from the excitement in his eyes, he's SO going to beat you senseless. Ack.


[ ] Design your training!

-----------------------------------------------------------
How you fight with Kuu-chan will determine what upgrade you will get. And about learning Danmaku and using the coat, Try it yourself. Mima might throw in some ideas or suggestions too.
And don't plan too far ahead. it might not go according to the plan.
>> No. 22972
[] Extereme Kan-keri. Defend your worthless soup can while Cu defends his. Trains offense and defense; and Cu gets someone to help hm to balance out Mima helping you.
>> No. 22978
[X] Extereme Kan-keri. Defend your worthless soup can while Cu defends his. Trains offense and defense; and Cu gets someone to help hm to balance out Mima helping you.
This sounds suitably awesome.
>> No. 22981
[x] Extereme Kan-keri. Defend your worthless soup can while Cu defends his. Trains offense and defense; and Cu gets someone to help hm to balance out Mima helping you.

I laughed, hard.
>> No. 22982
[x] Extereme Kan-keri. Defend your worthless soup can while Cu defends his. Trains offense and defense; and Cu gets someone to help him to balance out Mima helping you.
>> No. 22985
isn't Kankeri (kick the can) only have one can? please explain me more on this matters.
>> No. 22986
I suppose, imagine a TF2 2Fort scenario.
>> No. 23122
File 123815231297.jpg - (134.44KB , 819x486 , lolspy.jpg ) [iqdb]
23122
Update waiting to be proofread.
>> No. 23128
File 123816658844.jpg - (5.80KB , 363x323 , kankeri2.jpg ) [iqdb]
23128
[X] Extreme Kan-keri. Defend your worthless soup can while Cu defends his. Trains offense and defense; and Cu gets someone to help hm to balance out Mima helping you.
-----------------------------------------------------------


"Alright. Let's play Kankeri!"
Since you are slow, Mima decided it for you.


"Kankeri?" You ask Mima. "What is Kankeri?"
"You don't know Kankeri?" She sounds astonished. "It's a common knowledge. Never mind. I'll teach ya!"

Chulainn eyes flares up. "kankeri? Damn, I haven't played that for ages! I'm fired up now!"
Now you are little bit worried. What kind of play is Kankeri, and how come playing it is a training. Is it a variation of Spartan duel or something?

"Alright. here's the rule."

Mima place a can on the ground, and draw a big circle around it.

"The rules are simple. One player will become "it", and the rest will try to run away from it. If "it", let's say, you, touches another player, they will be captured and have to stay in the circle. The rest of the players will try to kick the can down. If it falls, all the captured player are released, and you have to capture them again. The game ends when it can capture all the player..." Mima smirks when she get to this part. "...Or when you give up. Crawl on the ground, crying for mercy of the rest. It happens often. And you know what? For training purpose, I'll have you be it."


What?! Isn't that kind of unfair?! You are newbie here, and they push the chasing duty to you. This is clearly bullying!

"Hey, Mima! I just learned how to play! Can't I be the runner instead?"
"What's the fun in that then? People always train with lunatic difficulty so you can play the normal one with ease!" What a strange logic. "Anyway, since this is Mima-style Kankeri we're going to have some custom rules. Starting with..." She point at Chulainn.
"Cu! You can beat him up as much as you want if you don't touch him with anything. That means, you can only use ranged weapon. I'll play too, but I won't take very active role in beating him."
"Great! I need to practice my spellcard too." Chulainn crack his knuckles.
"Wait... you can fire a Danmaku? You even have a spellcard!"
"I practice. I'm sure you can too if you try hard enough. C'mon, give it a go!" He smack you in the back. Even if he doesn't look like it, but he's quite strong. You flex a bit, and wonder if you can compete with him in terms of strength.


"Yeah. Guess I'll have to do it! Don't you underestimate newbie's luck!"
That's it. If you keep thinking about the worst outcome, you'll never achieve anything. Just fight them head on!

Chulainn and Mima are looking at each other, and they smirk. The evil grin on their face doesn't bode well...


---------------------------------------------


"Eighteen... Nineteen... Twenty!"

You finished the count, and turn around to look if any of them is in sight. You look around, and your eyes catch something.
Mima is hiding behind a tree, waving at you.
"Over here. I'm right in front of ya~" She turns around and shake her ass at you. THAT ASS. ARGH. Now you are enraged. In a metaphorical way.

Mima dodge to the side when you try to catch her. She's waving a piece of handkerchief around like a matador, still having that evil oh-you-can't-catch-me-'cos-I'm-so-awesome smile on her face. Just you wait, Mima. Just you wait.
"Hey, Roa. Why are you so zetta slow? is that all you can do hm? hmm~? You're not really good, are ya?"
"Keep talking like that!" You chase her around, remembering her pattern. And after a short while you think you get it. You shot your hand out front. Mima, as you predicted, moving to the left side. You pour your strength into your leg, and jump at her.

"GOTCHA!"
"Oh no you don't!"


You roll on the ground, feel like someone just hit you with a mallet. You push yourself up and find a charred patch on your kimono. Damn, good thing you decided to keep your shirt and slack in your room and wear this one instead. You only have one set left.

"Heheh~ Don't forget I have danmaku!" The ghost mage twirl her finger, making a glittering spark.
"That's cheating! I can't use that yet!"
"You will now. Listen... "


The explanation is long, abstract and hard to understand. But after that arcane magic theory talk Mima sums it up for you. Mostly you need to imagine a ball of energy in the middle of your body. Drawing that energy into your hands, shape it and throw. Sounds simple enough, but hard to pull off.

"Argh. I can't do it. There's something missing..."
"You can't possibly train it in a day. For now, just knowing is enough."

You try it several times, but failed. Bah. Guess you need more time to practice.


KLANK!


The sudden sound pull your attention back to the can. You see a terrified Chulainn, looking in the direction of the house. There is also a big hole in the paper door. It's obvious what just happened.

The paper door opened, and angry Kanako yells out of the room.


"Who the hell just threw this can and hit my head!? Speak up and I'll spare your life!"

"Sorry Kanako! We're playing Kankeri here! Accident happened!" Chulainn answers her back.
"Kankeri? Wow, how nostalgic." She walk out, stretching a bit. "A morning exercise is good for health. Can I join?"
"Sure thing!" You see a sign of relief on Chulain's face when he replies to her. Good thing Kanako is not resorting to violence.
"I think I'll get everyone to play too! It's been a long time since we played this!"
While Kanako is geting excited, Sanae calls everyone in.
"Hey~! Breakfast is ready~!"
"Alright! Food first! Play later!" Kanako duck back into her room. "Hina you sleepy dunce! Giddy up! We're going to play!"
You heard something like someone just pull a sheet of clothings hard, something fall on the floor, and Hina's yelp. Kanako's wake up method is harsh, you gather that much.


---------------------------------------------------------------
[X] Make a team of 3!
>> No. 23131
[X] Team of three
--- Mima
--- Adahn
--- Momizi
The Lovers team. Silly, but it works.
Also, this would make our opposing team Kanako, Ku-chan, Clay and Hina. Assuming that Sanae doesn't play, of course.
Yes, we'd be at more less disadvantage, but that will only make our victory sweeter.
>> No. 23139
[X] Team of three
--- Mima
--- Adahn
--- Momizi
>> No. 23141
[X] Team of three
--- Mima
--- Adahn
--- Momizi

Yeah this works.
>> No. 23144
[x] Cu Chulainn
[x] Mima
[x] Kanako

Let's play hardball.
>> No. 23177
[ze] Team of three
--- Mima
--- Adahn
--- Momizi


Is this a bad idea?
>> No. 23183
New thread-ish.