- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 52686)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 133545486440.jpg - (354.24KB, 600x800, looks yummy.jpg) [iqdb]
52686 No. 52686
You've been counting entries as they came. This most recent makes... six. That's the last, with seven mortal men in total.

The chalked circle is long since wiped away and the tome of eldritch lore concealed beneath the couch once more, so there's very little odd to let on that the situation is not as it should be. Save, of course, that the host is the, to all appearances delighted, centerpiece of a grand display of drunken-ness and lust.

This final arrival, however, is unfortunately quite thoroughly sober, and seems to have sufficient scruples that he's not only not joining in to the party, but he's left and he's moving for the door to leave.

That simply won't do.

You rise, setting papers to the side, and slide the lock of the door with a soft click.

"... What are you doing?"

"Oh, you can't go, dear. Not yet. The party has only just begun~" You say, stalking close.

He tries to shove you away and move for the door again, but is surprised to find that your physical prowess is by far superior to that which a human woman of your size and frame could muster. He struggles as you hold him in place and force the Charm on him, attempts to escape growing weaker and more feeble until he settles into compliant silence.

Two down, and seven more to go.

You pick them off in order, from least inebriated to most, under the logic that the more inebriated would be less likely to notice anything wrong. This proves correct, and a rather spectacularly smashed fellow is more than susceptible to being played with somewhat even before the Charm is put into place~

But that brings you up to seven of the seven. You leave them to enjoy their little orgy as you consider matters.

Charm is one thing, but people of this age... bah. The youngest present is well into his thirties, and all are already mentally 'set' in their ways. You can keep them under control without issue, but to make them willing servants, of their own volition and prepared to do your bidding even should you remove your Charm? Not so easy as with the little dears from before.

They're just not as flexible, susceptible to being molded into shapes you desire, as they age. Mentally solid, and rigid. You can't just 'bend' their minds a little and have it stick.

You'll have to completely and utterly shatter their little minds~

And then build them back up into something approaching usefulness, of course. And both will take time. Breaking less than re-constructing, of course, but even just shattering their psyche could take anywhere from a few weeks to several months, depending on how enduring or brittle their minds already are. After that... well, it varies in how long it takes to get someone capable of more than drooling, staring vacantly, and responding to things on animalistic instinct.

Well, not that you can't find a use or two for a mindlessly broken toy like that, but they generally aren't even as useful as someone you just select and Charm off of a streetwalk. One of many reasons you prefer youth. Flexible and adaptable and eager to please~

You probably don't have the possible years it would take to recondition them, though. But on this note, you somewhat wonder what those little dears have been up to in your absence?

---

[ ] What do you do?
Expand all images
>> No. 52690
Kahi, quick question: Can Koa sense them to find them or will she have to go search for information to learn where they are?
>> No. 52691
we took their souls right?
>> No. 52693
>>52691
They're just Charmed for now. Not for long anyway.

[x] You have all the time in the world right now. Why not find them?
-[x] Don't forget to pick those souls before you go and start a fire (make sure no one suspect foul play of course) to cover up what really happened here.

There. Nothing else to vote on really and no need to vote on how to search for those two.
>> No. 52694
[x] Squeeze as much info from them as possible. Money, and anything you might have to use to not attract unwanted attention out there, too.
-[x] How did Sam summon you? Did someone teach or help him?
-[x] How can you contact, or rather, find/enter the wizarding world? You can't count on luck alone, you not-rabbit.
-[x] Does the title "Bloody Queen" ring any bells? Has there been any noteable incident with devils recently, or copycats? Anything in the past 80 years?
[x] Feed off some of them, have the others cause as much magical chaos as they can. If they can't do magic, they're food; if they can, they're to hocus pocus random people to death and ruination.
-[x] Can you wipe memories? If yes, and unless this ends up opposing previous commands, erase/blur some of their memories of you before sending them away. Of course, leaving behind a few hints might spice up your adventure~
[x] If you don't get any useable info, can you return to where you met Potter?

Well, time to sack them, I'd say. Causing chaos should send an auror or two to investigate, and start chasing Koakuma. Mr. Potter should get a hint, if any report makes it's way to him.
>> No. 52695
>>52694
Attracting attention now kill any chance to have time to see the two we left before. Besides, I don't think they know anything. Sam was most probably the only wizard here.
>> No. 52696
[x] Squeeze as much info from them as possible. Money, and anything you might have to use to not attract unwanted attention out there, too.
-[x] How did Sam summon you? Did someone teach or help him?
-[x] How can you contact, or rather, find/enter the wizarding world? You can't count on luck alone, you not-rabbit.
-[x] Does the title "Bloody Queen" ring any bells? Has there been any noteable incident with devils recently, or copycats? Anything in the past 80 years?
[x] Feed off some of them, have the others cause as much magical chaos as they can. If they can't do magic, they're food; if they can, they're to hocus pocus random people to death and ruination.
-[x] Can you wipe memories? If yes, and unless this ends up opposing previous commands, erase/blur some of their memories of you before sending them away. Then again, leaving behind a few hints might spice up your adventure~...but it might also bring it to an accelerated and possibly painful end.
[x] Our summoner has been to the magic world, so it's unlikely that he wouldn't know how to get there at all. But if he doesn't know about Potter, maybe try to go back to where we met Potter.
>> No. 52697
[x] Squeeze as much info from them as possible. Money, and anything you might have to use to not attract unwanted attention out there, too.
-[x] How did Sam summon you? Did someone teach or help him?
-[x] How can you contact, or rather, find/enter the wizarding world? You can't count on luck alone, you not-rabbit.
-[x] Does the title "Bloody Queen" ring any bells? Has there been any noteable incident with devils recently, or copycats? Anything in the past 80 years?
[x] Feed off some of them, keep the ones with magical abilities under your domain.
[x] Search the area for any traces of the little ones. Use the charmed men if needed or advantageous.
-[x] If you don't find anything here, try to return to where you met Potter and investigate there.
>> No. 52698
[x] Squeeze as much info from them as possible. Money, and anything you might have to use to not attract unwanted attention out there, too.
-[x] How did Sam summon you? Did someone teach or help him?
-[x] How can you contact, or rather, find/enter the wizarding world? You can't count on luck alone, you not-rabbit.
-[x] Does the title "Bloody Queen" ring any bells? Has there been any noteable incident with devils recently, or copycats? Anything in the past 80 years?
[x] Feed off some of them, keep the ones with magical abilities under your domain.
[x] Search the area for any traces of the little ones. Use the charmed men if needed or advantageous.
-[x] If you don't find anything here, try to return to where you met Potter and investigate there.

This looks like a plan, then.
>> No. 52699
[x] Squeeze as much info from them as possible. Money, and anything you might have to use to not attract unwanted attention out there, too.
-[x] How did Sam summon you? Did someone teach or help him?
-[x] How can you contact, or rather, find/enter the wizarding world? You can't count on luck alone, you not-rabbit.
-[x] Does the title "Bloody Queen" ring any bells? Has there been any noteable incident with devils recently, or copycats? Anything in the past 80 years?
-[x] Do they have family? Wives? Girlfriends? Children?
--[x] If so, induct them into your thrall.
[x] Feed off some of them, keep the ones with magical abilities under your domain.
[x] Search the area for any traces of the little ones. Use the charmed men if needed or advantageous.
-[x] If you don't find anything here, try to return to where you met Potter and investigate there.
>> No. 52700
File 133547106364.png - (54.34KB, 396x397, hope your floor is really big.png) [iqdb]
52700
You take a few moments to ask questions as you collect loose currency from wallets and pockets.

Of the seven, it looks like one is a widower, two have come off of messy break-ups recently and aren't looking for any form of relationship, and one had someone in mind, but hadn't actually made any moves yet. The rest are entirely single, with no commitments to others. It means that there's nobody else to draw into the little group, but that matters little.

More importantly, Sam seems to be the only one with even a trace of magical talent.

The rest are just lunch~

Sam seems more horrified by the glassy, empty eyed stares of the sacks of meat that do nothing, now, but breathe, than he was by the activities previous. On the inside, anyway. Outside of it, he's calm and unruffled by the display as he was before.

You have more questions, though.

The way to Wizarding London seems to be more or less the same as it has ever been: that tavern which opens up the passage to Diagon Alley, and floo travel, if you don't already know where everything is to 'apparate' or take the bus to it. As for summoning you... he picked up the tome from, ironically enough, a perfectly normal seller of old books and oddities, who apparently hadn't had any idea what he had. Amusing. Sam had bought it first from the desire to keep anyone unscrupulous from discovering the easy access to this Forbidden Knowledge and using it for ill...

.... and then he had been tempted. And illicit pleasure had been small enough a thing to consider, of course, it wasn't like he was going to summon archfiends to murder someone, or anything~

But regarding the Bloody Queen, or anything related to malevolent extraplanar activities... Sam has nothing to say. The title is completely unknown to him, and he doesn't seem to have been aware that there had been any active diabolism at all for centuries, in Britain. All he knows is that there's some suspicion that a 'Grindlewald' might be or might have been using devilish entities in addition to his undead throngs of Inferi- the local flavor of zombies, these days.

No matter, it isn't particularly significant. For the moment, you want to take a look at your adorable little thralls, and see what they've been up to in your absence. You leave Sam to service the empty shells left of his friends. They might not have people inside of them any more, but their bodies still respond to stimuli, to some degree. No reason to just leave them sitting on the floor~

... You aren't quite sure where to start looking for your minions, though. There's enough traces of 'you' about them from your interference that you can, to a limited degree, track them down inside a certain range... but you're outside of it, it seems. Or they got found out and killed off, or something. One of those.

Well, no better place to start looking than the house that served as such a magnificent stage for your previous encounter. It's empty, still, and it doesn't seem like there's been any activity... in any case, you aren't sure where to start from h-....

.... Ufufufu. That's interesting~

It seems that one of your little pets is coming to you, rather than making you seek them out~ Here they come, quickly.

You patiently await the arrival, and it's not long before an automobile turns down the road, some distance away, and approaches, headlights glaring. It stops next to you, and after a moment the door opens, and a man steps out, staring at you in undisguised and unashamed awe.

"... Mistress!" He says, seeming to delight in the 'flavor' of the word. It only takes you a moment to recognize that adorable little boy in his features.

The door on the other side opens, and a much younger figure steps out, smiling slyly as she pads around the car. She looks... possibly in the early teen years. Slim, and hair a burning tone of red shining through the brown. In many respects... she could be you, but smaller, and in disguise.

"Hello, mum~" She says cheekily, something flashing in pale brown eyes. A gleam of mischief and cold calculation that is all you~

... Hm. You can't 'detect' her at all, the way you can your adoring minion, there, who's started kneeling and trying to kiss your feet. In addition, it looks like you were slightly off in estimation. If you sired an infant on that sweet little girl, and she's that age now, then... a few more years than 'eight' have passed, since. Well, it's not that big of a mis-judgement.

More importantly, you have a daughter, it seems~

... You hope she works out better than the last few children you had. Bit of a shame that, though they've all always been accidents. Still, they've been delicious to date, and usually served some useful function. But who knows, you might not have to kill this one~

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52701
[x] take the daughter for a test. see what she's learned.
>> No. 52702
[x] Greet the daughter
-[x] If you feel the need, test her.
[x] Obtain information from the precious boy.
-[x] What did Potter do after "saving" Him?
-[x] Is the Girl nearby? Or is she somewhere else/dead?
-[x] What Resources are available?
-[x] Does he remember anything? Or know anything about the "Bloody Queen"?
-[x] Just how long has it been?
-[x] Are there any more children to convert, or others he knows that are susceptible to your charms?
-[x] Surely your "daughter" would have been chosen to go to Hogwarts or a magical school, right? Cambions are notoriously magical, after all.
[x]
If Kahi makes the family/thralls into the Evans family, I'd lol so hard. But I doubt it'll happen.
>> No. 52705
>>52702 here.
For some reason, I screwed up and can't delete the post. Anyway the last [x] should be:
[x] Decide if you will need to... Eliminate... your daughter in the near future.
>> No. 52706
>>52703
Doubt that would happen, as the girl has brown eyes... wait.

>>52702 here.
add [x] Find out what year it actually is, and who else is in the Boy and/or Girl's family(s).
>> No. 52707
[x] Congratulations, Koa! You're a MILF now! (again)
[x] Control the boy/man, he will have time to please you later. You're more interested in your daughter, right now.
-[x] But since he was a good boy and came to you, give him a small reward. Maybe step on him, or something?
-[x] Did he feel you when you were summoned?
[x] So, a daughter, hmm~.
-[x] What's her age, and what name has been given to her? What is she capable of? What did they teach her? Where is her other mother and what happened to her?
--[x] See how lusty and well receptive of you she is. It might be time for you to become a grandmother~

How adorable, a daughter! This is unexpected, yet awesome news.

Also, now that we found the boy, we might want to kill Samuel. We have no need for him anymore, and he might warn the magical authorities.
>> No. 52708
[x] Congratulations, Koa! You're a MILF now! (again)
[x] Control the boy/man, he will have time to please you later. You're more interested in your daughter, right now.
-[x] But since he was a good boy and came to you, give him a small reward. Maybe step on him, or something?
-[x] Did he feel you when you were summoned?
[x] So, a daughter, hmm~.
-[x] What's her age, and what name has been given to her? What is she capable of? What did they teach her? Where is her other mother and what happened to her?
--[x] No real reason to kill the little tyke off yet. Maybe you can use this to create some drama for the future~
---[x] See how lusty and well receptive of you she is. It might be time for you to become a grandmother~
>> No. 52710
[x] Congratulations, Koa! You're a MILF now! (again)
[x] Control the boy/man, he will have time to please you later. You're more interested in your daughter, right now.
-[x] But since he was a good boy and came to you, give him a small reward. Maybe step on him, or something?
-[x] Did he feel you when you were summoned?
[x] So, a daughter, hmm~.
-[x] What's her age, and what name has been given to her? What is she capable of? What did they teach her? Where is her other mother and what happened to her?
--[x] No real reason to kill the little tyke off yet. Maybe you can use this to create some drama for the future~
--[x] In fact, get to know her and grow more intimate of her. She is your daughter, after all, and you're not a bad mother. Yet.
---[x] See how lusty and well receptive of you she is. It might be time for you to become a grandmother~
[x] Question the boy on what happened after you left him.
-[x] Let him drive you to where he and and the new treasure of your life came from.

The girl better be named Coccoa, or else she will be needing of a name change.
>> No. 52711
Why did the auror let the little girl with her child?
>> No. 52712
>>52711
Clearly he's pro-life.

[x] Congratulations, Koa! You're a MILF now! (again)
[x] Remind self of this child's abilities and likeliness to turn on you.
[x] Control the boy/man, he will have time to please you later. You're more interested in your daughter, right now.
-[x] But since he was a good boy and came to you, give him a small reward. Maybe step on him, or something?
-[x] Did he feel you when you were summoned?
[x] So, a daughter, hmm~.
-[x] What's her age, and what name has been given to her? What is she capable of? What did they teach her? Where is her other mother and what happened to her?
--[x] No real reason to kill the little tyke off yet. Maybe you can use this to create some drama for the future~
--[x] In fact, get to know her and grow more intimate of her. She is your daughter, after all, and you're not a bad mother. Yet.
[x] Question the boy on what happened after you left him.
-[x] Let him drive you to where he and and the new treasure of your life came from.
[x] Find out about nearby locations such as day cares and other concentrations of youth.
[x] Have the man set your summoner's house on fire. It wouldn't do to have him found and cured, and then spill the secret of the Bloody Queen.

The Bloody Princess, huh? Interesting.

My plan is to corrupt a class of younglings and make them head to a bunch of different places when they grow and start cults there.
>> No. 52713
>>52711
They don't know Koakuma has mind powers and is able to impregnate, so they assumed it was the boy's child.
>> No. 52714
File 133548338029.jpg - (128.82KB, 600x800, close to cosette.jpg) [iqdb]
52714
"... There will be time enough for that later, dear. For now, I'm interested in... my daughter, here."

"Cosette, mum. If you don't recall~" She says, a teasing note in her voice?

"Oh? Ah, but you're such a brave little one. Adorable as you are, how do you know I won't just gobble you up right here~?"

"Because you said so, last time." She replies, corner of her mouth turned up in amusement.

"Oho? But my dear, I haven't said so last time yet~" You say, and though the man at your feet seems puzzled, Cosette's mind seems to wrap about the statement easily enough. "And besides. Maybe I just said that so you'd walk right into my waiting arms, when the time came~"

... Now there's a flash of slightly uncertain worry, and you allow yourself to feel a little smug over it. It passes soon enough, though.

In any case, she seems tractable enough. They all do at first, though. Right up until poison, or a knife heading for the back, and then of course you don't have any choice but to chop them into stew meat or have their arms off and toss them in a hog enclosure soaked in sow musk. Really, there's just nothing else to do at that point, when their goals and yours are far enough at cross purposes that one of you has to go.

For now though, it's promising~

"... There's also the information you had me ask around about." She continues. "And it would be such a shame if mummy dearest couldn't control her appetite and keep from nibbling long enough to hear what she sent for, wouldn't it?"

Cheeky, but useful. Potentially. That's acceptable~

"Speak up then, child." You say, posture shifting just subtly enough to indicate that you aren't considering whether or not to rather belatedly abort her.

"Of course. I do prefer not to wander about in the world of wizards... they seem so much quicker to start to notice when things are 'off', even if they aren't quite sure what... but needs must~ The dark lord Grindlewalds forces continue to swell and advance across the continent, seeming to be unstoppable. It does seem that nothing will bring their advance to a halt except cutting off the head of the viper. In matters closer to home... a small group known only by reference as the Knights of Walpurgis have begun making waves, strongly advocating the advance of Pureblood privileges and the dismissal of legislation protecting the rights of Muggleborn and Muggles in their entirety. They have some support, but it doesn't seem to be enough to effect the changes they want through official channels. There are several known enclaves of 'feral' werewolves, but for the most part none of these camps number more than half a dozen, and they all take at least some care to avoid travelers and particularly to avoid spreading their curse. Or at the least, to avoid anyone discovering the spreading of their curse. In any case, they're no more than scattered tribes of a sort, and pose no significant trouble to wizards without any form of overall leadership. A few years ago, it was discovered that a Gorgon had chosen to emigrate from somewhere on the continent, but upon discovery the Aurors detained her, and after a brief inquiry discovered her rather charming garden of statuary, another division of the magical government saw to dealing with the fallout of inserting people back into the general population and the standard matter of her execution."

Aw, that is a shame. Gorgons are always fun. Shy little things, generally, usually timid and avoid meeting anyone's gaze. For good reason, since without preparations, the other party gets turned to stone. Not really hard to put them back to rights if you know how, you understand, but most either don't or can't, for whatever reason. Oh well~

"There was a recent Goblin uprising over some matter which the wizards as a whole seem to have found trivial and unimportant, but the Goblins considered a grave offense. That, however, seems to have settled before much came of it. And as for what I'm sure you're more interested in, Potter..."

You're suddenly very attentive, and she smiles a little. Tsk.

"The man seems terribly paranoid about you, mum." She says. "Though he doesn't talk about it, and it doesn't seem that most people know what he expects to jump out of the shadows at him~ Not hard to guess, though, with you asking after him. In any case, he still works as an Auror, but it seems that his field of operations have grown significantly in range, given matters on the continent. And... I've located the Potter estate for you~"

"That is interesting~" You say, honestly pleased with the diligence.

She has the grace to smile.

"Let us talk inside, dears..." You suggest, lock posing no issue as you twist the doorknob until there's a sharp crack of the lock breaking and it swings open.

You have a few further questions.

Cosette is fourteen, so it looks like about fifteen years have gone by since the Stocker matter. Your pet boy did not sense you, in fact... that was your daughter once more. She affirms that she can tell when you're 'around' from quite a ways off... that could be a little problematic, given that you can't detect her through similar means at all, but it seems like one of the oddities of things. She was scouted for Hogwarts, yes, but chose to turn the offer down to pursue interests in non-wizardly matters...

That's actually a good sign, as it suggests that she's going out of her way to avoid being a little matter that would have to be dealt with~ As long as she doesn't interfere with your claiming the rest of the family when the time comes, you could probably leave her to her own devices, and if you do have to do unpleasant things to her as a demonstration of why you Don't Cross Mommy, it won't be for a good four or five decades down the line from this point, most likely. On other background...

Apparently, further back, there had been suggestions that the sweet girl you recall quietly fix the problem of the child growing inside her, but she'd argued desperately against it. Potter had, apparently, spoken up to allow her to do as she pleased, as it happens, and later given the couple a sum of money, perhaps from some combination of pity and personal guilt at not having been able to miraculously prevent the entire situation, somehow. That, however, is the full extent of his involvement with them.

She's apparently off at home at the moment, taking care of the other five children that your dears have had in their efforts to recall your embrace. It seems like you've advised them in the past/future to try not to have more, and after a moment you see the reasoning behind it. Most don't have so many children, after all, particularly so fast, and aside from that it would be difficult to eat them all at once if some are too small for their souls to be properly coaxed out. You'd have to just kill the youngest, then, which would be such a waste.

It's not difficult to get everyone disrobed as the discussion continues, your pet is pathetically eager to feel your touch again, though your daughter stays a bit back as you arch an eyebrow invitingly.

She's happier with her soul where it is, it seems, and not risking it suddenly finding a new home in your belly.

Well, that's fine enough, and there's no trouble with an intermediary. She draws close as you ease your pet into place, and his urgency becomes extremely pronounced.

And loops a ribbon about him, drawing it tight and tying it off in a bow, leaving him to groan pitiably as she slides into her own place. Ufufufufu, such a shame, but it's nice to see that she knows what she's doing~

"Hehehe~ Sorry, daddy~" She says, with a little peck at his cheekbone. "But you know I can't let you leave anything inside. I've got my own plans~"

"That... Frederick?" He says, between soft moans of ecstasy.

"He's quite well off. And he's smitten~" She agrees. "It won't take long at all to have the man quite wrapped about my fingers, dancing like a puppet on my strings~"

After that, there are no words for a time, until you reach your pleasure. You remain in place, though, watching with a teacher's interest as Cosette comes away and then continues to torment your pet for a time. .... Eyes locked teasingly with yours, just enough to give the illusion that... Well, once more won't hurt anything~

She's patient enough to wait for you to finish again before tugging at that ribbon and allowing your pet his own reward. And the dutiful girl she is, she has a kiss for mother, and she's remembered to share~

In any case, that was quite fun, and your pet's devotion to you is re-affirmed. Something of a shame that it seems you won't be doing anything directly with your sweet little girl, without forcing the issue, but you can't have everything.

"Don't worry." She whispers silkily in your ear, as cleaning up finishes. "When the time comes, you'll have taught me well, in being my first~"

... And that is almost tempting enough a revelation for you to head off immediately and start picking through threads back again~

But not really. Good things come to those who wait, and it will have happened in time.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52716
>>[ ] What do you do?

[X] Take care of dear Sam. He's been a gracious host, no reason not to reward him for that.

[X] You should enjoy yourself and your pet/daughter while you learn a bit more about the time period you're in.
-[X] Find a dance club.
--[X] Open the door.
---[X] Get on the floor.
----[X] Everybody walk the dinosaur.
>> No. 52717
[x] "You are very promising, dear. It was about time you were finally born."
[x] She can sense you, and what else? Does she pend more towards your side of the genetics, or towards the human's side?
-[x] Does she do magic?
-[x] If the's more like you than like a human, does she 'hunt' properly?
[x] Ask more about these factions closer to home. Messing with them might be fun~
>> No. 52718
Seems inevitable that this will lead to Lilly being descended from Koa.
>> No. 52719
[x] "You are very promising, dear. It was about time you were finally born."
[x] She can sense you, and what else? Does she pend more towards your side of the genetics, or towards the human's side?
-[x] Does she do magic?
-[x] If the's more like you than like a human, does she 'hunt' properly?
[x] Ask more about these factions closer to home. Messing with them might be fun~
>> No. 52720
[x] "You are very promising, dear. It was about time you were finally born."
[x] She can sense you, and what else? Does she pend more towards your side of the genetics, or towards the human's side?
-[x] Does she do magic?
-[x] If the's more like you than like a human, does she 'hunt' properly?
-[x] Also, can she sense any other time-copies of us?
-[x] We're bringing her with us, if we can do so safely (for her).
[x] Get a Muggle newspaper. This is about 60 years before that 60-year-cycle flower incident, isn't it? Might be good to know what's causing that die-off.
-[x] No way in hell are you letting yourself or your daughter get anywhere near a battlefield, though.
[x] Go mess with Potter. Psychologically, not with your powers. He's already afraid of you, and it would be more rewarding to push him over the edge with words alone.
-[x] Accost him when he's alone somewhere. Or abduct him. Whichever.
-[x] In the process, figure out why he's so afraid of you.

It occurs to me that Grindelwald's rampage happened in the shadow of World War II. This might well have been a before-going-to-war party, or perhaps a draft-dodging party. Anyway, it would be better for Koa to know that so she can maybe bail out Cosette if a bomb or rocket draws near while she's still here.

>>52718
Which Lilly or Lily do you refer to?
>> No. 52721
File 13354887767.png - (660.16KB, 694x981, obviously.png) [iqdb]
52721
>>52720
>Which Lilly

He's clearly referring to this one.

You can just see the familial resemblance, right?
>> No. 52722
>>52721
Hey.

Since I've been following your stories for some time now, I know you don't care about stuff like this, but I'll say it anyway:

This is a great story. Thank you for writing it.
>> No. 52723
[x] "You are very promising, dear. It was about time you were finally born."
[x] She can sense you, and what else? Does she pend more towards your side of the genetics, or towards the human's side?
-[x] Does she do magic?
-[x] If the's more like you than like a human, does she 'hunt' properly?
-[x] Also, can she sense any other time-copies of us?
[x] Ask more about these factions closer to home. Messing with them might be fun~
>> No. 52724
We'll have plenty of time to mess with Potter directly, let's keep it deniable for now. Also, I think Cosette wants to blend in and stuff, not get hunted. Potter's is, I think, paranoid, not afraid. The difference being that he's the equivalent of a guy stocking weapons to fight the aliens when they come, scanning the headlines for signs of their approach.

[x] "You are very promising, dear. It was about time you were finally born."
[x] She can sense you, and what else? Does she pend more towards your side of the genetics, or towards the human's side?
-[x] Does she do magic?
-[x] If the's more like you than like a human, does she 'hunt' properly?
-[x] Also, can she sense any other time-copies of us?
-[x] She want to come with you?
[x] Get a Muggle newspaper. This is about 60 years before that 60-year-cycle flower incident, isn't it? Might be good to know what's causing that die-off.
-[x] No way in hell are you letting yourself or your daughter get anywhere near a battlefield, though.
[x] Go mess with Potter. Psychologically, not with your powers. He's already wary of you, and it would be funny to feed his fears.
-[x] Let him catch a glimpse of you in a crowd or on a train car just as it's leaving. Don't let him get a second look, of course.
-[x] Investigate his house while he's away under a different body, or an illusion if changing your form is really that much of a hassle.
[x] Look for sources of young people and/or fun nearby. This is a really good opportunity, it would be rude of you to throw it back in Luck's face.
>> No. 52725
[x] Have the man burn down Sam's house. Erase all evidence.
[x] She can sense you, and what else? Does she pend more towards your side of the genetics, or towards the human's side?
-[x] If the's more like you than like a human, does she 'hunt' properly?
-[x] Also, can she sense any other time-copies of us?
-[x] She want to come with you?
[x] Get a Muggle newspaper. This is about 60 years before that 60-year-cycle flower incident, isn't it? Might be good to know what's causing that die-off.
-[x] No way in hell are you letting yourself or your daughter get anywhere near a battlefield, though.
[x] Look for sources of young people and/or fun nearby. This is a really good opportunity, it would be rude of you to throw it back in Luck's face.
[x] Don't mess with Potter... yet.

Colette can do magic, she got scouted to Hogwarts.
Also I want to corrupt at least one bunch of kids before we mess with Potter.
>> No. 52726
>>52721
Obviously! Lilly of course!
/post/show/186330/, /pool/show/1073
>> No. 52727
So, if that Grindelwald fellow is still about and raising a ruckus back on the continent, Koa's a good 40~50 years before the first chapter-update of Patchy Quest took place. I'm going to guess that Mr. Potter is the grandfather of Patchouli's soon-to-be student.
>> No. 52728
>>52727
We really need to know if he has a boy first. So long as it didn't happen, a plot device will save his butt from any trap we can prepare.

...Unless we control him to have one?
>> No. 52729
Is it bad that I find the loli-seductress very b'dawwwwwww?

(And it *just* hit me that *that's the entire point, moron*. Sheesh.)
>> No. 52730
File 133549753365.jpg - (404.82KB, 1000x1000, b74ab42bb441c3f27c9c7a31bd40b1b7.jpg) [iqdb]
52730
Idle chatter continues, though much of it isn't terribly important.

She could, of course, do magic. If she were trained in the ability. However, she doesn't seem to have ever had the interest in heading off to a boarding school in the back end of nowhere, away from a family she'd long since discovered she could essentially use to fill any whim she pleases, to learn magic that she didn't think she really needed when she can fall back on her own talents, to further her own modest plans. Particularly with something of a war going in magical areas of the continent, that she might end up being caught up in, or some magical policemen or monster hunters might take more specific interest in her.

Particularly humble plans too, in your opinion, though you don't say as much. Wealthy husband, possible children, decadence right up to the point of her death... it's like she just didn't inherit much motivation to go with the calculation. Oh well. Can't be superior in every way, you suppose.

She's still talented enough to be useful to you, though, and you don't hesitate to stroke her ego by telling her so~

At the moment, aside from being able to supernaturally tell if you exist within Britain at the same time she does, which at the moment only you do, with no other iterations, it seems, her talents are also actually fairly humble. She can cause a little bit of confusion, and make someone a little more prone to acting on suggestions she might give, which even together fall a far cry short of your Charm. But in exchange, she just has to be reasonably close to a person, instead of the physical limitations of your own ability. Well, trade-offs, and all.

Aside from that, it seems that she's not much different from a normal human, nothing much spectacular inherited at all. She's still something of a minx, of course~ ... But she only toys with men for amusement, and not food.

Regarding those factions, she doesn't seem to know much more than what she's already said, which she's somewhat apologetic over. It doesn't seem like she's come across anyone she can wring particular details out of, aside from 'this tribe of werewolves are supposed to live somewhere in the woods', not even telling which forest. Annoying. But that's all there is to it, it seems, though she affirms that she'll see if she can find any more pertinent details before your next arrival, whenever that is~

Dressed and clean once more, you leave the door to the house slightly ajar as you settle into the passenger seat of your pet's automobile.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52731
[x] Check up on the rest of the family.
[x] Decide what you will do with Sam.
-[x] If viable, and you're certain he cannot... alert... anyone, consider using him to get a more... [i]influential[i] wizard. Have him hire a wizard barrister, or something, then charm that fellow/gal to "spread the sickness" so to speak.
[x] Go mess with Potter. Psychologically, not with your powers. He's already wary of you, and it would be funny to feed his fears.
-[x] Let him catch a glimpse of you in a crowd or on a train car just as it's leaving. Don't let him get a second look, of course.
-[x] Investigate his house while he's away under a different body, or an illusion if changing your form is really that much of a hassle.
[x] Look for sources of young people and/or fun nearby. This is a really good opportunity, it would be rude of you to throw it back in Luck's face.
I guess this is still valid.
>> No. 52735
[x] Decide what you will do with Sam.
-[x] If viable, and you're certain he cannot... alert... anyone, consider using him to get a more... influential wizard. Have him hire a wizard barrister, or something, then charm that fellow/gal to "spread the sickness" so to speak.
[x] Get a Muggle newspaper. This is about the right time for that 60-year-cycle flower incident in Gensokyo, isn't it? Might be good to know what's causing the die-off this time.
-[x] No way in hell are you letting yourself or your daughter get anywhere near a battlefield, though.
[x] Go mess with Potter. Psychologically, not (directly) with your powers. He's already wary of you, and it would be funny to feed his fears. Maybe we'll even get him to break~
-[x] Let him catch a glimpse of you in a crowd or on a train car just as it's leaving. Don't let him get a second look, of course.
-[x] Investigate his house while he's away under a different body, or an illusion if changing your form is really that much of a hassle.
[x] Look for sources of young people and/or fun nearby. This is a really good opportunity, it would be rude of you to throw it back in Luck's face.

I'm not completely sure when Patchy Quest happens relative to Touhou's timeline, so I don't know if Koakuma has seen the 60-year cycle. But I would doubt she hasn't heard of it, working for Patchouli and all.
>> No. 52736
[x] Check up on the rest of the family.
[x] Have Sam accidentally burn his own house down during a party, perishing tragically along with all his party guests.
[x] Go mess with Potter. Psychologically, not with your powers. He's already wary of you, and it would be funny to feed his fears.
-[x] Let him catch a glimpse of you in a crowd or on a train car just as it's leaving. Don't let him get a second look, of course.
--[x] In fact, put an illusion on yourself so you appear to be similar but very definitely not the Bloody Queen once you're out of sight for a moment.
-[x] Investigate his house while he's away under a different body, or an illusion if changing your form is really that much of a hassle.
[x] Look for sources of young people and/or fun nearby. This is a really good opportunity, it would be rude of you to throw it back in Luck's face.

Did I already say I thought Colette would end up being Ginny's ancestor? Because I that's what I think.
>> No. 52737
Hey don't we still need to try and locate and kill that guy that previously summoned us?
>> No. 52738
>>52737
But we've already visited this timeline at an earlier date. We need to confirm if we've killed him in a previous visit or not first.
>> No. 52739
>>52738
>>52737
Why are you trying to kill him? There are far more fun ways to deal with him.

Like stealing the manuscript from our other self and telling him we're going to publish it, then letting his paranoia devour him. Then, at the end of his life, when he's a nervous wreck, then we eat him. Properly cooked food tastes so much better than raw~!
>> No. 52740
File 133551731989.jpg - (1.75MB, 1116x1578, 53e0502f0d49c762ca01c3f7e2767e1a.jpg) [iqdb]
52740
[x] Go back and visit your pets. No need to eat them all up yet. Why you can play with them. That's what people do with pets, right?

[x] Get Sam to teach daughter dearest magic. It's not that she can't learn magic, but that she doesn't want to go to the back end of nowhere to learn it and risk people working out what she is.

I still find it amusing that Koakuma is considered one of the scariest things in the Wizarding World. At least by the wizards that know of her as the "Bloody Queen".

I will laugh if Cosette ends up marrying some french guy and moving to France and ends up getting paintings done...
>> No. 52741
>>52737
>>52738
>>52739

You guys are still thinking of that guy? Goddamnit, let it go! The contract has ended, we got the rewards, and it's been years since then. Koa doesn't have a grudge against him, and it's thank to him that we've learned of the whole "Bloody Queen" thing.

Why the fuck should we even think about him again?
>> No. 52742
>>52741
My plan in
>>52739
would not have involved doing anything now.
>> No. 52743
[x] Check up on the rest of the family.
[x] Start hunting wizards. Discreetly, of course, but always leave a hint behind, in a way that only those specificaly looking for you could find/understand.
[x] Investigate Potter's state.

Leave poor Sam alone, he already paid the price. But more importantly, the detective has to interrogate the main suspect, who had a part in starting all the problems, before finally finding the real culprit/murderer.
>> No. 52745
[x] Check up on the rest of the family.
[x] Start hunting wizards. Discreetly, of course, but always leave a hint behind, in a way that only those specificaly looking for you could find/understand.
[x] Investigate Potter's state.
-[x] If it's empty, sneak inside and search for important stuff to steal/destroy.
>> No. 52746
File 13355550394.jpg - (421.37KB, 1000x1000, 0f96e35aecee63411dcda10df50bffb6.jpg) [iqdb]
52746
There are three things you want to do, in order.

First is to look for a suitably delicious target. There happens to be one relatively near, and it only takes a while of silent, eager driving to reach it.

An orphanage.

An orphanage run by religious sorts, which only makes it better~ ... Though risky. In such cases, there's a chance that if you don't take a good long look at things first, you'll find out only too late that the place has managed to catch the interest of some benevolent thing or another. And then, of course, you end up fueding across the centuries, and they just keep showing up to spite whatever you might be doing, until both of you are just sick of everything.

This particular place seems clear, though, so all the better. All the fun, and none of the risk~ And after Charming the nun that answers your quiet knock you discover that they have a full six orphans of the proper age to be fully corrupted and converted.

You have to just Charm the rest, but they don't fight much, as you only want them to stay out of the way and asleep at the moment, and their minds can't find cause to object to that. The nun, however, you have participate.

Nuns are always fun~

You would seriously consider taking the time to break and rebuild this one, if you had the time. Being already in a position you wanted someone in... well, you don't know that you do have that sort of free time, though. Oh well.

But the little unwanted dears have such pliable minds, even with them being already dinged about and bent a little from hardship~ Things have worked out here very well.

You're actually starting to get a bit tired, though. Working over a half dozen takes, obviously, thrice the sort of effort to work over only two. It's not that you don't enjoy the effort, of course~

... But even doing things that you love can drag on you so terribly.

So yes, you're somewhat tired when you make your way back to the car. Blasted physical bodies, coming with their physical limitations. So hard to figure out exactly when you need a little rest, though not necessarily sleep, and it's not always the same amount of time between...

... well no better time to move on to the next matter. Meeting the family. For what probably isn't the first time, but is the first this time.

You walk in on a pair of scrumptious twins in a rather compromising position, the mother offering casual advice from her seat as she knits... something, you aren't sure what. She doesn't seem very good at knitting. But she looks up when you enter and after only a moment of surprise, her eyes are filled with delighted awe.

The children, save the pair that are busy at the moment, cluster around to hug at 'Auntie's legs and hips.

"... Is it time for you to eat us, yet?" The youngest pipes up, voice curious. A wide-eyed little girl, knowing in advance what her final destination in life will be, and taught to look forward and embrace it~ The older boys look mildly curious as well, gazes traveling thoughtfully over your body.

"Hm, perhaps not quite yet, dear~" you say, putting a finger to her lips.

She seems to understand the way you're testing her, and obediently accepts the digit into the warm, wet cavern of her mouth, in lieu of other possibilities. You wait, and then offer a few tidbits of advice, and suggest she may want to practice some more.

Her siblings will, you're sure, be more than willing to assist with that practice~

You take a moment though, to reach down and check how 'intact' the little treat is. Whole, still. Good~ It seems that it's common practice for you to claim certain things of the girl-children, from what you understand of your little pets' household, and it'll be only another year or so before this one is properly ready to pay you your tithe~

But not yet. And you think, when the time comes to indulge your hunger and properly devour this household, you'll have to take them all at once. Dear Cosette may become a survivor of some tragedy or another that befalls her entire family, spared only by the good fortune of being elsewhere at the time~

You'll have to think on it.

For now, you retire to your pets' bedchambers, gathering them to you in your respite as they await the whim to strike that will leave them finally resting in your stomach, rather than resting their heads upon it.

Morning comes soon, and you are revitalized, and take a few moments to stroke your little pets' hair and then direct them to more urgent matters. It is long after you have risen that you leave the bed.

Cosette has made breakfast~

You don't really need food, as long as you have souls in your gut, but proper meals area a pleasure that you have no intention of denying yourself. And the dears present are more than happy to help add seasoning to the stew, so to speak~

And then you collect the last piece of information you need, an exact location, and you're on your way, leaving your pets and the household behind for the moment.

Right now, you're just looking at the stately coutnry house. Inspecting it. Considering.

Potter doesn't seem to be at home. Off working with the Aurors. But while you aren't perfectly skilled with wards regarding defense, it's no trouble to confuse and bypass the minor, nearly not present afterthoughts of defenses in place here.

For whatever reason, though he seems to be wary of encountering you in the course of his duty, it seems that even now Potter simply hasn't considered that you might come here.

The house is fairly empty, once you've made your way inside through a loose window. Some paintings that can move and speak, but they can only see that which is directly in front of their frames, and they're easily enough avoided. Trinkets and geegaws here and there, random books and bookends. Potter is still, disappointingly enough, not here.

His wife is, however, and there's a surprising meeting between the two of you as you come about a corner of a hallway, and the two of you all but fall to the floor from crashing into each other. You're surprised to see her.

She's surprised to see an unexpected guest in her home.

She doesn't seem to recognize you, specifically, but in the end it doesn't matter if she does think you're just a burglar at this point.

You have no choise but to, without hesitation, keep her from getting at her wand and Charm her.

.... And now that she's entered a state of glassy-eyed compliance with your intrusion, you can't help but wonder what comes next.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52747
[x] Potter is supposed to have at least one kid considering there's one in Patchouli's time, right? See if there's anyone else living in this place.
-[x] If he doesn't and his wife still refuse to have one while he's working, perhaps you could do him a favor~
>> No. 52748
[x] Take the liberty to corrupt her lightly, allowing further use of her as a pawn in whatever scheme may come up later.

also,
[x] essence plant, if she has kids, make sure it's one you've got some control over. (if you've read some of the world of warcraft novels, similar to what sargeras did in the last guardian. another analogy would be horcruxing her future child)
>> No. 52749
[x] Discover all of Potter's secrets. You want to know everything~.
[x] Is she the only family he has? You thought they would have had broken up, due to his job not letting them have children.
[x] Have her destroy things Potter cares about.
[x] Hostage time? Molest and tire her down. She will become food later, when her husband knows about it.

Not sure if we should just eat/break the woman, or take her hostage and have an epic showdown with Potter.
>> No. 52751
Things to do:
[x] Concoct a convoluted plot that will result in Potter rescuing his wife from the clutches of the SCARLET DEVIL BLOODY QUEEN
-[x] Do something to influence their (yet-to-be-born) child before shenanigans
[x] Help Cosette
-[x] Girls should be ambitious! See if you can get her to aim to be more creative in her goals.
-[x] Mother-Daughter bonding time
-[x] Teach her how to summon you (and only you)

Things to not do:
[ ] Break causality and frag your futurepast selves
[ ] Kill the Potters (yet)
[ ] Reveal your diabolic nature (assuming Mister Potter hasn't figured it out yet)
[ ] Attract the attention of the magical authorities (yet)
>> No. 52752
Guys? You remember something bad will happen to whatever plan we'll make for Potter if the next Potter isn't born yet considering there's a Potter in Patchouli's present time?
>> No. 52753
The state of the doctrinated family makes me think; if this was Gensokyo, and not Britain, and they happened to die before Koa could eat them, what would Shikieiki's judgement on them? She's an extremist, isn't her, with all the Black/White deal.

I know it's nothing important to even think about, but I can't help it.
>> No. 52754
File 133555776782.jpg - (991B, 128x128, Judgement.jpg) [iqdb]
52754
>>52753
>> No. 52755
[x]Knock her up then, erase her memory of the entire incident.
>> No. 52756
[x] Discover all of Potter's secrets. You want to know everything~.
[x] Is she the only family he has? You thought they would have had broken up, due to his job not letting them have children.
[x] Have her destroy things Potter cares about.
-[x] Send her to Sam's house and have her kill everybody still there and then wait.

Ohohohoh, what do we have here? Mr. Potter is so careless, leaving such an important person behind with so little security.
>> No. 52757
[x] Discover all of Potter's secrets. You want to know everything~.
[x] Is she the only family he has? You thought they would have had broken up, due to his job not letting them have children.
-[x] Or perhaps he gave up on searching for you and they do have children. All the better for reappearing now~. If they're in the house, don't do anything just yet.
[x] Send her to Sam's house and have her kill everybody still there and then wait.
[x] Girls should be ambitious! See if you can get her to aim to be more creative in her goals.
[x] Teach Cosette how to summon you (and only you).
[x] Pick up a Muggle newspaper if you find time to. Most of the outside world's events don't pertain to magic, after all, and the better-informed you are of even nonmagical events the better.

>>52753
They would be sent to Hell for a while to get Koakuma's bad cut out of their souls. They would be reincarnated eventually.

>>52751
Technically, Koakuma is Cosette's father...
>> No. 52758
File 133556220086.jpg - (159.11KB, 600x640, 821b87fa2d5bc79462c388b93f5f551d.jpg) [iqdb]
52758
[x] How delightful, time to dig more information... such as finding out who else is in the household/family and if they are home.

[x] Time to spirit away Mrs Potter... and leave a message for Potter to come find his wife... if he can. And then play with her and make her... yours.

[x] Leave a message for Potter via his wife? All nice and knocked up?
>> No. 52759
Add this to >>52756 please.


[x] As the dear friend you are of Potter, you should help him as much as possible. if he can't have kids because of his job, then you will do the heavy work for him, and impregnate his dear wife.

Cruelty at it's best. I know we can't really change the future and have Harry be a quarter-devil, be hey, the simple act of trying to impregnate the woman is enough.
>> No. 52760
[x] As the dear friend you are of Potter, you should help him as much as possible. if he can't have kids because of his job, then you will do the heavy work for him, and impregnate his dear wife.
>> No. 52761
[x] Discover all of Potter's secrets. You want to know everything~.
[x] Is she the only family he has? You thought they would have had broken up, due to his job not letting them have children.
-[x] Or perhaps he gave up on searching for you and they do have children. All the better for reappearing now~. If they're in the house, don't do anything just yet.
-[x] If he did not have any yet, as the dear friend you are of Potter, you should help him as much as possible. if he can't have kids because of his job, then you will do the heavy work for him, and impregnate his dear wife.
[x] Send her to Sam's house and have her kill everybody still there and then wait.
[x] Girls should be ambitious! See if you can get her to aim to be more creative in her goals.
[x] Teach Cosette how to summon you (and only you).
[x] Pick up a Muggle newspaper if you find time to. Most of the outside world's events don't pertain to magic, after all, and the better-informed you are of even nonmagical events the better.
>> No. 52763
File 133557589736.png - (306.29KB, 754x431, hello old friend.png) [iqdb]
52763
.... Well, it's not much of a decision, is it?

"Tell me about Potter~" You say, calmly shredding the robes open so you can more easily get at what's inside.

She speaks, in a soft, slightly hollow tone. You half listen. It's interesting, of course, but so is what you've found inside. For a woman of her age, she's held up very well~

... Potter seems to be a particularly driven Good Person. Particularly eager to do the Right Thing, no matter what enemies it makes him, in criminals, in monsters, or in his own government.

And for whatever reason, he's fixated on you as his personal nemesis.

Maybe it's something you did to him in specific, that set him specifically on your trail? Or maybe he just happened across that you'd done, and he found he couldn't stand by and let keep happening. Whatever reason was behind it, he's made you something of his personal goal.

First to bring you to 'Justice', detained and imprisoned like any other horrible criminal. Then, as things progressed, the Justice of bringing you before a trial and having you executed in accordance with the Law. Then after that, just the Justice of destroying you, as an abominable horror and danger to all Good People everywhere, slipping further and further from the book as things became more and more personal for him, as he continued to fail~

Why, it's your own personal furious Knight, slipping further and further from the Cause as your destruction became more and more of a private vendetta than simply something that had to be done for the people~

He doesn't speak of you much, though, even to those who already know. You seem to be a sore spot.

It seems that she's the only one present.

There are no Brownies, House Elves, or Home Spirits of any nature. One by one, he seems to have sent them elsewhere through his life. Not because he thinks it's objectively wrong to keep them, even. He understands that is their nature to serve that they, to some degree, need to be in servitude to a household in order to do more than just barely manage to exist in any form. He simply cannot bring himself to take part in a system of ownership of the creatures that is so prone to very, very common abuses from those owners. And so he gave the family servants away, to others who were not in possession of a personal moral opposition to the practice, but that he knew would treat the creatures well.

A shame, it seems, that he forgot that the beings comprised a significant part of... the security of his property. And of those living within~

They have no children, as he still works, which prompts you to...

.... Ah. She's tight, about your curious fingers~

Another surprise in a woman her age. It seems that they indulge themselves only rarely and, if you recall right, take great precautions against having children before they are both well and ready for them. And old as she is, it doesn't seem her body has stopped working yet. But condition like this... Why, a particularly 'active' teen might not hold such a firm grip about your digits, when usually someone of such an age would be... worn, and loose, from repeated and extensive use, and the matter of bearing children.

They're barely worth the effort, in that state.

Potter's wife, though....~

You don't spare another moment before pushing her roughly up against the wall, and bringing your attentions more forcibly against her. She's been objecting for some time, through the fog and confusion of being Charmed, inside of her head. Just from your touch. Now?

Now she is screaming~

You don't hesitate to cast seeds about the grounds of her still-fertile gardens. And then you find somewhere, a soft bed, a chair, anything... a fur rug in a parlor, in front of a fireplace. It will do. ... And you sow those fields again, and again, and again~

And why not, after all?

You know she wants children. And Potter, that gruff Knight, cannot bear to abandon the hunt for you for long enough to raise a child from youth.

So why not spur them along? Help them out a little. Arrange for the children she so desperately wants but won't force Potter to abandon his Noble Cause for~

... Well, there's no telling what fruits will bloom, though, if any, from your effort. It isn't a guaranteed thing any more than it is assured that a human's seed will find its place, and grow. But it's likely enough, even then, to leave some sort of subtle... taint to the womans womb~

Though likely nothing you can particularly use to your own ends, and more's the pity of it.

Ah, but it was a pleasant morning's diversion, in the end.

You're still dirty, though. You should clean up. You should have her clean you up~

You take a seat in what you suspect is Potter's own armchair, and allow her to crawl up and minister to you, as you inspect a nearby pipe, and then take a slow drag of the man's tobacco.

Aaaah~

.... And then the fire before you flares, and you smile in amusement even as you loose another handful of seeds down the woman's 'eager' gullet.

"Got off of work for lunch, can't be lon..." Potter says, before trailing off into a sort of stunned horror as his wife doesn't even turn around from her ministrations to greet him, continuing her efforts. Your smile only widens.

"... Hello, old friend~" you say, letting out a lungful of smoke from his tobacco.

And then suddenly the tip of his wand is pointed in your direction, and most of your upper body, the top part of the chair you were sitting on, and a chunk of the wall behind you is a fine mist that's slowly settling as the rest of your body fades out of existence. It doesn't seem that he realizes the rest of you has left, as he quickly rushes over to his glassy-eyed wife.

You keep your hooks in the 'here' and 'now' for as long as you can manage, with your body blasted completely apart as it was.

But in the end, all you manage to see from this is him doing something to break your Charm, her confusion as she coughs and vomits up fluids, not seeming quite certain of anything that's happened since 'finding someone in the halls', and Potter's open, unashamed sobbing as he holds her close.

Pooh. That's barely interesting at all.

In any case, you quickly think through any loose ends you may have left behind...

... Well, there's obviously Sam. You don't think that's an issue, though. He'll keep acting on his last order, or at least trying to, until his stomach bursts and every empty body in that room dies from dehydration.

It will be quite the puzzle for whatever person finds it in the end, since there's plenty of drinks nearby that any of them could have gone to quench there thirst, but they won't have. A most confusing and erotic case of mutual suicide on all parts. Oh well.

... You can't just head back to Patchy now, though. You've already decided to see this through to the end.

You inspect the many glistening threads, and select one that seems, again, to fit the purpose.

You arrive once more, with customary theatrics, and quick inspection finds that this circle, unlike the last, is prepared properly, and once again is powerful enough to keep you contained long enough for the summoner to dismiss you if you try to fight it.

A shame. But then, it's not often that people who summon devils screw up so spectacularly.

"Speak, mortal. For what purpose have you called me forth?" You ask, less interested in whatever piddling trifle the man before you wants than in getting back to working out the general dynamic between yourself and Potter. You're beginning to get it, but you need more..."

"My daughter..." He rasps, before coughing. "She has been... kidnapped."

.... He hesitated too long. Kidnapped from home, a lost daughter? Somehow, it's clear that that isn't the truth, or at the least not the whole truth.

"Wicked slavers from the continent... they're even now bringing her to a boat, to ship her across the channel to a brothel..." He says, vaguely. "I would have you find her, return her to me, and make her kidnappers pay."

And the man's first resort is to summon a devil such as yourself, rather than alert the authorities to a kidnapped daughter? No, he's most definitely lying to you. He is a terrible liar as well. Every time he mentions 'kidnapping' or 'slavers', his words ring with falsehood.

Well, it's not like it's any of your concern what the actual facts of the matter are. But it may be to your advantage to bring them up.

"And now.... shall we discuss price and exact terms?" You say, dryly.

"I offer you the life's blood of three goats, spilled at the highest point of the arc the moon travels through the night sky." He offers theatrically.

Cute.

But you have no use for the blood of any number of butchered animals. You'll probably be able to talk him into something better, but you may have to wring more information about the exact situation from him, if you want to bother.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52764
[x] ask for three maidens from the village, dressed in white gowns
>> No. 52765
[x] ask for three maidens from the village, dressed in white gowns
[x] Be... kind. Give him a warning, and ensure he knows what falsehoods may bring. Of course, you doubt he will listen, but he cannot say you gave him no notification.
>> No. 52766
[x] Ask for three maidens from the village, dressed in white gowns
[x] Point out the obvious. Why bother lying to a devil? It's not like you're in this to be Good. You'll do whatever he asks if the offering is good enough for you.

Seriously, he can be honest about it.
>> No. 52767
[x] Point out the obvious. Why bother lying to a devil? It's not like you're in this to be Good. You'll do whatever he asks if the offering is good enough for you.
[x] You can feel every little misdeed emanating from his heart (Or not, but he doesn't need to know that). You will recover his daughter, sure, but he will have to pay properly for it. Her life and freedom, and with it, your freedom.

Guys, guys, GUYS! If we fulfill the contract, he can dismiss Koa back to the devil-plane. We should extort him for Koa's freedom instead of wasting time with faceless women.
>> No. 52768
[x] Point out the obvious. Why bother lying to a devil? It's not like you're in this to be Good. You'll do whatever he asks if the offering is good enough for you.
[x] You can feel every little misdeed emanating from his heart (Or not, but he doesn't need to know that). You will recover his daughter, sure, but he will have to pay properly for it. Her life and freedom, and with it, your freedom.
>> No. 52769
[x] Point out the obvious. Why bother lying to a devil? It's not like you're in this to be Good. You'll do whatever he asks if the offering is good enough for you.
[x] You can feel every little misdeed emanating from his heart (Or not, but he doesn't need to know that). You will recover his daughter, sure, but he will have to pay properly for it. Her life and freedom will be granted by you, and your freedom will be granted by him.
>> No. 52770
File 13355827277.jpg - (587.48KB, 678x1205, ufufu can't lie to me dear.jpg) [iqdb]
52770
"Goats... hm. That simply won't do~" You say cheerily. "Three is a nice number, though. So I'll still have three... three young maidens from the village, dressed all in white~"

"I... No, I can't do that." He stumbles. "Can't give you people. Goats will be fine, right? I just need you to rescue my daughter...."

"Do you? My dear mortal... you've been lying to me. Do you think I wouldn't know?"

He flinches.

"Goats, I'll give you goats. I'll give you a dozen, a hundred goats, those farmers have too many to count and I can steal any number!" He tries desperately, starting to sweat.

"No, no... but hm. Why on earth would you lie? What do you have to gain? Ah, such secrets~" You say. "I can smell them out, with your lies, stinking up the air like a cloud~"

"No, she... she was kidnapped from me-"

"You don't need to lie, dear~" You say, soothingly. "It's all right. Nobody is perfect~ It isn't as though I'm judging you~" You say.

He chokes a little at the word, then shakes himself. He's starting to crack. Knows you know something's wrong, but doesn't know what you know, or if it's everything. But not smart enough to dismiss you and go for something smaller, that'll do things just to eat the goats, but might not be smart enough to get the job done right.

"I don't, she... I was drunk. I made bets. Gambled. Lost..." He rambles. "I couldn't... I don't have that kind of money and these people, I couldn't just tell them I couldn't pay and apologize, I needed something..."

"You gave them your daughter, instead of money, and now you regret it~" you say, putting things together.

"I... yes. She was, is... valuable to them. A beautiful... beautiful virgin of her age, worth enough to pay the debt, just barely..."

Lie.

Just pinged as a lie. Virgin. His daughter is not a virgin.

"A beautiful virgin... perhaps." You say slyly. "But your daughter... why she isn't a virgin. Is she~?"

His breath is rasping now. He's starting to come apart at the seams~

"She's not a virgin... and you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she isn't~" you say, things clicking together again as your smile widens. "And that's such a terrible problem for you, isn't it my dear? Why, what would the neighbors think? To find out you'd loved her in a way that wasn't at all 'fatherly'~"

"You can't know that!" He says, desperately, choking on his words.

"My dear, there is nothing you can hide from me~"

"You can't know. Nobody can know, not ever-"

"And still under the influence as you were, when the deal changed to accept currency you could provide... why, you didn't recall, until too late, that she was not the virgin promised... and my, wouldn't they be upset to learn they had been decieved? Not your fault, of course... you can't know everything your daughter gets up to, with everyone, just a simple mistake... unless it's not, and you can. Isn't that right?"

He chokes back a bitter sob.

"No, there's proof, somehow, that will show that you knew in advance, because you were the cause... You kept her locked away, didn't you? A secret~ My my my, did the neighbors even know you had a little girl, or were you just bringing food down to the cellar for her, from time to time?"

"So beautiful... just like her mother... I couldn't let others see her. I couldn't let her meet others, that might want her for themselves...."

"There there, dear... I don't judge~" You say, smiling down at the man, facade of stability so easily cracked, and with just words. "But that brings us to the point. It's not really her rescue you want, is it? You just want this whole problem to... go away. Make sure that certain little questions don't get asked, by anyone. You would do anything. Give anything. To make it just... disappear~"

You're answered with no more than just another sob. Disgusting. Such a weak-minded man, and you would still have to shatter the frames of his psyche to have any use of him.

On the plus side, he'll be more pliable, and you can probably get something you want out of this now, rather than just rambling about goats.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52771
[x] His in luck, then, for summoning someone such as you. You can be very generous, jsut for him.
-[x] Sure, you will make his problems disappear, if he lets you go free. You even promise you won't hurt his precious daughter.
>> No. 52773
[x] His in luck, then, for summoning someone such as you. You can be very generous, jsut for him.
-[x] Sure, you will make his problems disappear, if he lets you go free. You even promise you won't hurt his precious daughter.
>> No. 52775
>>52771
Corrected for you.

[x] He's in luck, then, for summoning someone such as you. You can be very generous, juuust for him~
-[x] Sure, you will make his problems disappear if he lets you go free after it's done. You'll even bring her back safely (well, if she wasn't harmed anyway), all that just for that little freedom~

Don't say you could hurt her, it may gets him on the defensive and be harder to deal with as soon as he hears it.

And definitely don't say being free means you could do be free to take him and his daughter after the job is done~
>> No. 52776
File 133558543777.jpg - (288.12KB, 919x972, 88b5b2838990e5471751dbb86c7134ae.jpg) [iqdb]
52776
[x] How... vexing, being played thus by an ameteur. You're a demon(ess), you care not for reasons and such. There's no need to be lied to. Ask the summoner to try again with truth, it's not like you actually care about why. Not when you're on a timeline.

[x] Also, have an agreement that you'll do the "recovery" of his daughter, on the condition that he not send you back afterwards... with a promise of not killing him or his "daughter". That you have things you need to have done as well...

[x] See about finding Potter's little wife again... wait... what was the date you just got summoned into again?

[x] Also work out what Potter DID to negate your Charm. Most worrying if he can stop your powers cold. You need to work out a counter to his counter!
>> No. 52778
File 13355865852.jpg - (533.08KB, 900x900, 480320398596a22069ff8393d01d427e.jpg) [iqdb]
52778
>>52776

Ack... I am far too slow XD.

[x] Convince the summoner that the terms of the summoning should be set by you...

[x] Do the mission, save the girl... who knows what will happen along the way.

[x] Wait... what is the date, anyhow? Could we have come in too early?
>> No. 52779
Just curious about something Kahi. Considering what we've seen so far with Koa, what did Patchouli pay for Koakuma's service anyway?
>> No. 52781
>>52778
>>52776
>>52758
>>52740

You must be new here. These are the rules:

http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/6052.html
>> No. 52782
>>52781
Those are the guidelines. These are the rules.

http://www.touhou-project.com/news.php?p=rules

[x] Help the poor man out of the goodness of your heart.
>> No. 52783
>>52782
Yes, the official rules are there, but the things in http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/6052.html should also be considered 'official unofficial' rules. A sort of 'style guide', or 'guide to not getting mocked', if you will. Failure to follow said style guide usually results, unsurprisingly, in people being mocked. And threads getting derailed.

On topic:
[x] Con him into letting you go as you will
[x] When and where are we, anyway?
[x] Help the girl, if it suits your mood
>> No. 52785
>>52779
Huh, that's a good question. Perhaps the contracts don't have to have a direct payment type of thing and can be more along the lines of just general terms that Koakuma would agree to?

That or Patchy kidnapped a couple hundred people I would assume.
>> No. 52786
>>52783
You know, this 'being mocked' thing is actually pointless. Because namefags will ignore it, if they really want to namefag, and all mockers will be banned for offtopic (if admins ban for offtopic). It's stupid, really. You don't want to namefag? Go ahead, but stop bothering people, who want to.

On topic:
[x] Con him into letting you go as you will
[x] When and where are we, anyway?
[x] Help the girl, if it suits your mood
>> No. 52787
>>52786
It worked well enough so far.
>> No. 52788
[x]Be Patchy
-[x]Summon Koa back already. Drag her kicking and screaming if you need to.

I've tried to ignore this particular tangent in hopes that Anon would work it's desire for the wonton rape and/or murder of the innocent out of it's system, but every time I glance in it only seems to be getting worse. If you really want to continue doing this, might I suggest splitting this off into it's own thread in /at/ or something? You guys would still get... this, while those who're disgusted by this nauseating spectacle can get the story back on track.
>> No. 52789
>>52788
Remember when we were summoned to kill the writer? It was fairly obvious that at least four Koas all existed at the exact same time. So, even if Patchy were to force us back to her point in time, we'd simply have to show up eventually, and can still take as long as we want to finish things up here.

Split, discrete timelines are such fun~
>> No. 52790
You're missing the point. There are a huge number of things being planted that, one can only assume, will be highly relevant to the story later. This _isn't_ a side plot. It's setting the stage for everything that happens, and it looks like the entire mess of the Wizarding World is all Koa's fault. She meddled with the Potters, probably the Evanses, and unless I miss my mark, just set up the whole thing with the Orphanage Tom Riddle ended up in.
>> No. 52791
File 133564116832.jpg - (213.12KB, 600x600, unrelated.jpg) [iqdb]
52791
"Lucky, lucky... such a lucky mortal. I can make it all... stop. Go away. Even rescue that lovely daughter of yours, and nobody will ever have to know what you get up to with her, afterward... But of course, I want something in turn~" You say.

"Can't... can't give you people. People'll notice, will be noticed..." He says.

His voice is weak, though. Uncertain. But it'll be troublesome to talk him into it still. So you speak again.

"All I want is... to be let go, afterward. Free of these bindings, and not dismissed from whence I came~" You say, temptingly. "Such a little thing to ask~"

"No!" He responds, voice filled with sudden horror. "I can't... I won't. Unleash a devil on the world to do as it pleases, no, no chains, no bindings, can't be dismissed, I... No, not even-"

"It's such a little thing to give. And would it truly matter what I might do elsewhere? While you and your daughter are here. Safe. Happy. With no unfortunate questions nosing your way~"

"No... no..." He whimpers.

And even hitched and rasping as it is, his voice is still stronger than it was when he thought of giving you some limited number of souls in sacrifice.

A shame. But even broken in the head as this man is, you don't think it will be a simple matter to negotiate your unconditional freedom on this world, in exchange for anything you might offer...

No, he has just enough sanity to him that he won't let you loose with no limits. But that doesn't mean you can't find limits that might be more acceptable to him...

You could probably get permission to take a certain number of people from far away, that won't be missed. The people he gambled with... certainly. They would be easier to talk him into allowing than others. After all, they will most likely have to be silenced in any case.

Or perhaps... a more limited thing. Not asking for freedom, but... time. That the contract not be worded to dismiss you after the work is done, but give you some measure of time to do as you please before you can no longer remain here....

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52793
[x] Go for limited freedom. A day or two should be good enough.
-[x] If he's still refusing, remind him that the clock is ticking~. Who know what those guys are doing to his precious daughter while you're stuck her negotiating? You are being generous compared to what others devils would ask here~
>> No. 52794
[x] Time? If you are to help him regain his daughter, he only needs to give you enough leeway to do so properly.
[x] The souls need not be from around here. Maybe the "Kidnappers" or some of the "kidnappers' product".
[x] He never said you couldn't reveal his circumstances after saving the girl...
[x] When and where are we, anyway?
[x] Help the girl, if it suits your mood

>>52790
That's the way I see it too. Though, looking at the dates, it's impossible for Koa to have F----'d up Tommy's orphanage, as he was taken out of it in 1938. About 60 years before the Fourth year of HP puts us around the 1930's, and 15 years later would be 1940's to 50's, which doesn't make much sense.

We know that Koa's daughter Cosette is 14 before Grindelwald is defeated, therefore the visit to the daughter must be before 1945, and the Stoker ordeal is before 1930, making it closer to 70 years ago.

If we take the Cosette meeting as 1945, and work from there, it is quite possible that these are the seeds from which Lily and James were sown. Lily and James were born 1957/58, and if you really want to push the timeline a bit, Cosette could be Lily's grandmother...

Of course, if Koa came by an earlier time (which we know happened), she could easily have messed with Tommy. She may even be involved in many other going-ons around that time, and we know that the Bloody Queen is quite influential, at least for the government/law.
>> No. 52795
[x] "All I want, is the same as you. You're not the only one with a daughter. Devils are capable of caring for others, and I have someone to care for. My daughter needs me, as much as I need her."
-[x] Do try to look convincing.
>> No. 52796
>>52787

Nahhh... just hadn't seen the next update by Kahi.

[X] Freedom might be out. Perhaps convince him to let you have some time. Offer some incentive; the removal of his issue with those gentlemen. And then take your time to do it. ^_^
>> No. 52798
biigoh, please stop posting with your name on THP. Not that there is anything wrong with having a name, but rather because a good portion of THP's anons are utterly self-conceited overly-vocal semi-illiterate cunts. Well, they might also be American Southerners, not that there is much difference between the two. Either way, we really don't need to hear them braying like jackasses about the fact that you're posting with a name, so please stop baiting the fucktards. Kindly drop the name here.
>> No. 52799
[x] "All I want, is the same as you. You're not the only one with a daughter. Devils are capable of caring for others, and I have someone to care for. My daughter needs me, as much as I need her."
-[x] You need freedom to go to your own daughter. Someone has to protect the poor little thing from those heartless hunters and keep her safe.
-[x] Do try to look convincing.
[x] If appealing to his sentimental side doesn't work:
-[x] Go for limited freedom. A day or two should be good enough.

I think we were supposed to use the worried parent card before now. Oh well.
>> No. 52800
>>52798

I think you got your priorities wrong. Having a name isn't as bad, say, posting like a retard.
>> No. 52801
>>52800
Your retort kind of falls flat when the majority of THP's anon's don't seem to understand that point.
>> No. 52802
>>52801

Not really. Most posts/votes aren't painful to read.

It's not just a matter of content, but also of presentation. For example, putting emoticons inside a vote.
>> No. 52803
>>52802
That is true, but that is also besides the point.

The reasons why many of the informal "Rules" of THP came about had many good intentions for their creation, but how they've actually played out is quite different, especially when the vast majority of those enforcing them do so without really understanding why they were created in the first place. It is comparable to laws created with the intention of helping out people, but due to ham-fisted implementation of them ending up hurting more than helping. Good intentions, bad executions, and all that rot.
>> No. 52804
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions?"
>> No. 52805
>>52803

Dude, I just want him to post in a manner that's not painful to read.
>> No. 52806
[x] "All I want, is the same as you. You're not the only one with a daughter. Devils are capable of caring for others, and I have someone to care for. My daughter needs me, as much as I need her."
-[x] You need freedom to go to your own daughter. Someone has to protect the poor little thing from those heartless hunters and keep her safe.
-[x] Do try to look convincing.
[x] If appealing to his sentimental side doesn't work:
-[x] Go for limited freedom. A day or two should be good enough.

I think we should be voting rather than arguing guys.
>> No. 52807
[x] Tell him why you want freedom. "All I want is the same as you. You're not the only one with a daughter. Devils are capable of caring for others, and I have someone to care for. My daughter needs me, as much as I need her."
-[x] You need freedom to go to your own daughter. Someone has to protect the poor little thing from those heartless hunters and keep her safe.
-[x] Do try to look convincing.
[x] Try to bargain him towards letting you go if you limit your killing to the "kidnappers" and people who attack you. Technically, eating someone's soul doesn't kill them, but he doesn't need to know that.
>> No. 52808
>>52805

It really isn't. Geez, emoticons really aren't that bad when used sparingly. It's when it's "lol I use them every other word" that it gets bad.

(biigoh, the name thing is part of the 'chan culture. The whole point of "Anonymous" is that no poster gets acclaim or respect above that of any other.)
>> No. 52809
Unless of course you're a writefag.
>> No. 52810
>>52808
Actually the point is that your identity matters for shit all and the value of any post is only judged by its contents.
Namefagging only means your stupidity sticks and eventually your posts aren't even given any thought since people remember all the stupid shit you've written and not the occasional post of worth.

If you don't need a name (if you're writing a story, say) then don't use one. It's going to do you no good and it interferes with the idea of each post being judged by its contents and not by its author.
>> No. 52811
Hey guys, if you must continue this, would you mind taking it to /blue/? Thanks!

[x] Something that ends the negotiations and gets Koakuma moving.
>> No. 52812
>>52798
Kindly stop shit-stirring.
>> No. 52813
File 13357191299.jpg - (219.29KB, 739x1030, hardly related.jpg) [iqdb]
52813
"We aren't so different, you know, you and I~" You say, thinking for a moment and then making a calculated gamble. You aren't sure that the time period is quite right, of course, but... "I have a daughter, you know. Would you really deny... a concerned mother the opportunity to visit her child?"

.... His face has approached something of a stark, bone-white mask of horror. Whoops~

"Half-demon, in the world, no... What is... Doom, doomed, all the world is..."

"Just kidding~" You say, though it doesn't seem to sooth him at all. He still hasn't thought to simply dismiss you yet, though. "But really, is it such a troublesome matter to let me have... just a little time?" You wonder, holding thumb and forefinger out to emphasize the tiny nature of your request. "Perhaps... two days."

...... The man is a remarkable complexity of paradoxes. Strong willed, yet easily broken, sniveling and cowering and yet defiant to the last. And always at the last minute seeming to be able to slip in something that would make things ever so troublesome for you.

But you manage to sway him somewhat, in the end.

Not for a full two days. Not even a full day.

But a few hours, yes, after the girl is secured. And the man has no objection to whatever you might do to the gamblers. Or any of their other cargo~

Quick checks determine that you've set down in a time well before Cosette exists, anyway. So it hardly matters whether you have the time to look for her or not, since she won't be there to be found. But still, a little time to do as you please is nice...

And if you're fast enough, you might be able to get back to his home before time's up~

... Assuming he's foolish enough to return somewhere you've been before he knows it's safe, and doesn't wait it out elsewhere.

You're currently on the roof of a small warehouse near some docks, watching the boats float in the harbor. The sniveling man has come along, and wearily points out a ship to you. Not that you would have needed him to confirm it, most likely. It's the largest in the harbor, and bystanders are either studiously ignoring or cannot see the pair of men in black robes milling about and guarding the loading dock.

"There's... four of them. Don't know how many... what cargo they have." He says, putting his hood up, seeming horrified at the thought that someone might see him. "Might be more... more of the same. Perhaps... contraband. Illegal ingredients, that sort of... it doesn't matter."

You eye the ship speculatively.

Whatever you do, it'll have to be fairly quick. Two out in the open, who knows where the other two are, below decks or in a cabin... If you make too much noise dealing with one before the others, they'll realize something is wrong.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52814
[x] He didn't guard himself against you backstabbing him, did he? If it's possible to kill him, then do so when convenient.
[x] Disguise self as an attractive and easy looking woman, and approach the two men. Kill or charm them when in range.
>> No. 52815
[x] He didn't guard himself against you backstabbing him, did he? If it's possible to kill him, then do so when convenient.
-[x] If you manage to kill him before saving the girl, remember that the deal was for "a few hours after the girl is secured"... do take your time.
[x] Disguise self as an attractive and easy looking woman, and approach the two men. Kill or charm them when in range.
>> No. 52816
[x] He didn't guard himself against you backstabbing him, did he? If it's possible to kill him, then do so when convenient.
-[x] If you manage to kill him before saving the girl, remember that the deal was for "a few hours after the girl is secured"... do take your time.
[x] Disguise self as an attractive and easy looking woman, and approach the two men. Kill or charm them when in range.
>> No. 52818
[x] He didn't guard himself against you backstabbing him, did he? If it's possible to kill him, then do so when convenient.
-[x] Or you could always give a suggestion or two to his daughter... What does she think of her situation anyway? Any frustration to 'work out'?
[x] Disguise self as an attractive and easy looking woman, and approach the two men. Kill or charm them when in range.

Why do it yourself when you could use someone that he would never see this coming from? Just say some words, give a knife...

Jesus, playing with Koa for so long is turning me into a monster.
>> No. 52819
>>52818

ooh, I like your thinking.
>>52815 here, please add the subvote
"-[x] Or you could always give a suggestion or two to his daughter... What does she think of her situation anyway? Any frustration to 'work out'? " to my own vote.
>> No. 52820
[x] He didn't guard himself against you backstabbing him, did he? If it's possible to kill him, then do so when convenient.
-[x] Or you could always give a suggestion or two to his daughter... What does she think of her situation anyway? Any frustration to 'work out'?
[x] Disguise self as an attractive and easy looking woman, and approach the two men. Kill or charm them when in range.

Yay for giving in to the voices in our heads.
>> No. 52821
>>52820
> yay giving in to the voices in our heads
And yet, people get mad when we pull that shit in CQ.
>> No. 52823
[x] Set the ship on fire.

>>52821
Keep your CQ bitching in the CQ threads, please.
>> No. 52824
>>52820
I fail to see how it means giving in to voices in heads.
>> No. 52825
>>52823
What makes you think I'm bitching about it? I think it's funny.
>> No. 52826
>>52824
I made that comment referencing the guy who said that controlling Koa is turning him in a monster, and then saying I agreed with him.
>> No. 52827
File 133586279169.jpg - (464.29KB, 3000x1800, c0933239da2b5ad2bfcca6ad855361f8.jpg) [iqdb]
52827
[x] The summoner forgot to specify just HOW secure the daughter should be, didn't he? So, until Koa decides that the girl is... indeed secure... she has free range, so... no need to rush.

Also, wasn't it noted that it's WAY before Cosette's conception and birth? Could this not be the birth of the Legend of the Bloody Queen?

Also, I will laugh if it turns out that one of the Unforgivable spell, "Imperius" specifically, was stated to have been created by The Bloody Queen.

- Biigoh
>> No. 52828
>>52827
Koa was a hidden founder of the school while you're at it? Let's calm down on this. She isn't the reason for everything.
>> No. 52829
[x] Disguise self as an attractive and easy looking woman, and approach the two men. Kill or charm them when in range. Be quiet about it, too. We don't want to end up in a bad situation because you had to drag something out. For the third time this quest.
[x] The summoner forgot to specify just HOW secure the daughter should be, didn't he? So, until Koa decides that the girl is... indeed secure... she has free range, so... no need to rush.
-[x] In other words, kidnap the girl yourself and bring her with you for a while, if the contract is suitably malleable.
>> No. 52834
File 133589390633.jpg - (152.91KB, 400x750, did i step on your throat how clumsy of me.jpg) [iqdb]
52834
In point of fact, there is the loophole... you can't deliberately bring harm to him before his daughter is secured, but in that period of time between her return and your taking leave of this place, forced or not, the man is... vulnerable~

Though in the end, you like as not don't even need to lift a finger yourself, presuming it's not his soul you seek, but the simple matter of his death... there are almost always pawns to be found, willing to be moved in the right fashion. And given that you don't actually have a choice about turning her over to him when she's found, hm... something to think about~

To disguise yourself... You'd like to think you're already 'attractive' just as a natural matter of facts. The extras, however... You take a minute to adjust your clothes, concealing particular oddities, and adding just a bit extra sauciness to the ensemble, before dropping down and making your casual way over to the men.

Charming them is preferable, of course. They ignore your presence, muttering to themselves, almost right up to the point where you take hold of the first one's collar and drag him into forced lip-lock.

"... Ah, toss the bint of, Mickey." The other says, irritation coloring his voice. "Don't have the time for this, got business... Mickey?"

He seems to suddenly notice his partner's saggin in your arms, and... blasts you off of him, seeming to take no chances.

"Finite..." He mutters, frowning, seeming to be running through dispellation incantations... damn. One of them works. That would be what Potter did. "Bloody hell mate, what'd the bint-"

He doesn't have time to say anything more. His partner is still groggy but recovering quickly. By the time you have the second properly Charmed, he'll be up and ready to repeat the process. How annoying. With two present and ready to defend themselves, possibly even with just one on higher alert, Charming them becomes difficult enough to not be worth the time it would take, and the risk of alerting someone.

Shame. But that means they just have to die, instead~

The active one's skull pulps nicely in hour hand, he doesn't seem to have been expecting that you could get up from the blast of force right away, and a few stomps at the throat finishes things off with the other, once he stops twitching beneath your foot.

Two down, corpses littering the dock. Two somewhere on the boat, and the cringing summoner close behind. Cabins, storage, below-decks, the bridge, hm...

Ah, the bystanders still haven't noticed anything, still milling about and walking past. Seems like some low-key ward or illusion is up, preventing normal people from seeing what's going on in this area.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52835
[x] Infiltrate the ship quickly.
-[x] Go for the men left first. Try to keep one alive, but harmless, charmed or not.
>> No. 52836
[x] Infiltrate the ship quickly.
-[x] Go for the men first. Try to keep one alive, but harmless, charmed or not.
[x] Be sure to catalouge all of the potential... playmates as you rush on through.
>> No. 52837
[x] Tell that guy following us to stay behind. He'll just be a problem for us once on the ship.
-[x] If he has a problem with it, remind him that you are bound to respect the contract and quite capable. Him, on the other hand, is way too nervous and his more likely to screw things up.
[x] Infiltrate the ship quickly.
-[x] Go for the men first. Try to keep one alive, but harmless, charmed or not.

Proably better to not have that guy following us.
>> No. 52838
File 13359044052.jpg - (462.32KB, 1000x1394, e2f0738636d8c4363c52ab9484bfc8cd.jpg) [iqdb]
52838
[x] Do the Solid Snake thing and Infiltrate the ship! Don't forget to keep your disguise on.

[x] Keep a mental catalog of the potential... playmates you can "liberate".

[x] Can't kill him yet... but if he follows along... there IS a chance your summoner might end up being killed... in which case, you don't need to worry about being banished away as the contract can't be fulfilled.

- Biigoh
>> No. 52839
[x] Dump the bodies in the ocean before you do anything else.
[x] Infiltrate the ship.
-[x] Summoner must come with you.
-[x] Disguise yourself as one of those two crew members you just killed, and bind your summoner's hands. Make like he's your prisoner in a ruse to get close enough to at least one of the other two to charm him.
[x] Mentally catalog the ship's stores as you pass them.
>> No. 52842
File 133591279096.png - (153.61KB, 400x1202, half related.png) [iqdb]
52842
Before anything else, you have to locate those other two men. You want to keep one, at least, alive, to some degree... but you'll see how everything falls out. You stalk quickly up the gangplank, leaving the bodies behind to cool.

... The summoner's footfalls aren't nearly as quiet as your own. After a hissed word or to of chastisement, he does some sort of magic to his shoes, and his steps afterward are completely silent. Convenient.

"Anti-apparation wards... not on the area, no, but the boat... belowdecks, in rooms, can't just leave on a whim..." He says, seeming worried. You snort in response, and continue on.

The cabins are locked, and you can't hear anything inside them as you check doors. Though that doesn't really mean that there isn't anything there to find, but you won't be able to check without keys....

The bridge is empty, helm un-manned, for the moment. So... probably belowdecks, then. There aren't any keys hanging from the rack set prominently for them to hang from, but there is a roster... your summoner stumbles over to it quickly, and flips through it...

"... Cabin 2-C. She... she's there. They have privacy wards set, or..."

"Lucky for you. If she's inside, we can simply... bring down the door, or a wall, and make good your escape~" You suggest.

"I... No, you, can't trust... You're trying to trick... yes. After I have her. Not obligated to... to keep them from following, are you..." He says, seeming to pick up on the danger there with unusual swiftness.

You shrug, and smile widely. Indeed, if he'd agreed, you wouldn't have been required to kill them right away. And if they came after him after a disappearance from their stock, why, that would be just terrible, wouldn't it~

He shudders, and tries to shove the roster away, but you snag it yourself.

.... Potential playthings, two lovely girls in cabins 2-A, 3-A, and a boy that was apparently mistaken for a girl, but is fetching enough that they don't care to correct the mistake, in 1-B. The others are unoccupied. The storage seems packed with crates of quite illicit substances, opium being the least problematic, in a legal sense. And there's several curiosities. Dragon eggs, my goodness this can't be how those are intended to be transported, a pair of... ooh, Centaur foals, a stuffed and mounted Mermaid for a 'collector' in spain...

My, quite the troublesome little smuggling vessel~

But below-decks it is, now.

If you'd not known in advance that the mermaid was something of a post-mortem display, you would have mistaken her for simply slumbering casually at the far wall there, in the prepared acquatic 'habitat'. The Centaurs' arms are bound behind them, and their legs are hobbled to prevent fleeing, blindfolds and bits in place to keep them from kicking up a fuss.

The entire area below decks is lit only by a single light, at the table where the pair of men you were looking for are sitting, playing cards idly, and what natural light sifts in from small portholes at the sides. They're chattering idly in one of the more gutteral tongues... it takes a moment to place it, but you think one just made an offhand comment on the filly's bared chest. The other laughs and... something about breeders being worth more. Then there's a comment about the tide needing to hurry up and be ready, a reply that it will be time to go 'soon', and they go back to puffing at cigars and inspecting their hands.

You're definitely not supposed to be here, and it would be really hard to sneak up on them all the way. If one was alone, you could float along the roof and drop down on him, assuming he doesn't look up, but they're far enough apart that you can't really catch both of them that way... you could try for both, of course, but that risks them both slipping away from you, and then you'd possibly have a fight on your hands. Of course, dropping on one almost guarantees that the other will be ready for a fight.

... Your summoner is shuffling nervously in place, and would probably already have alerted them to your presence if it weren't for that spell on his shoes.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52844
[x] Don't come to them: Make them come to you and ambush them. Go back a bit, warn the summoner of your plan so he doesn't start screaming, then make a big noise to have them come running.
-[x] Place a trap to take care of the first one to come. Make sure the knives come from an unexpected direction to avoid his friend saving his ass. Then quickly incapacite/charm the other while he's still surprised.
>> No. 52845
[x] Summoner stays above decks.
[x] Make yourself look like one of them with some sort of spider-type monster on your face.
[x] Sneak up on that one and drop him as quietly as you possibly can. Then throw the fake monster to the ground like you beat it already. Pass the noise off as the ceiling spider.
>> No. 52846
[x] Go to the bridge and SET SAIL!
-[x] Then return to the two men and throw danmaku everywhere until they drop unconscious from the pain.
>> No. 52847
[x] Don't come to them: Make them come to you and ambush them. Go back a bit, warn the summoner of your plan so he doesn't start screaming, then make a big noise to have them come running.
-[x] Place a trap to take care of the first one to come. Make sure the knives come from an unexpected direction to avoid his friend saving his ass. Then quickly incapacite/charm the other while he's still surprised.
>> No. 52848
[x] Don't come to them: Make them come to you and ambush them. Go back a bit, warn the summoner of your plan so he doesn't start screaming, then make a big noise to have them come running.
-[x] [x] In fact, does your summoner want to just wait somewhere else?
-[x] Place a trap to take care of the first one to come. Make sure the knives come from an unexpected direction to avoid his friend saving his ass. Then quickly incapacite/charm the other while he's still surprised.
>> No. 52849
[x] Don't come to them: Make them come to you and ambush them. Go back a bit, warn the summoner of your plan so he doesn't start screaming, then make a big noise to have them come running.
-[x] Place a trap to take care of the first one to come. Make sure the knives come from an unexpected direction to avoid his friend saving his ass. Then quickly incapacite/charm the other while he's still surprised.

This should work.
>> No. 52854
[x] SET SAIL!
[x] Ram the ship as hard as possible agains a gigantic Iceberg.
[x] Watch as the two men try to save themselves from drowning and rescue the summoner's daughter. Then kill them afterwards.

Koa could also take the ship and become a pirate. The captives will be the crew and servants of the mighty Demon Pirate.
>> No. 52855
File 133599084450.jpg - (285.02KB, 1218x1720, b0c0b29dac93d5cb0765aa0317cd800c.jpg) [iqdb]
52855
You have a plan.

It is, in all respects, an excellent plan.

And like excellent plans tend to do, it works out perfectly. Right up to the point where everything goes wrong.

It starts off great, of course. The summoner is more than happy to go and cower worthlessly in the bridge. Though you phrased it as something closer to 'retreat a bit while you take care of things', but that's neither here nor there.

Then you start setting up the trap. Roof of the stairs, set up to go off after a certain amount of time, and drive knives downwards into one of them from behind. Timed right, it'll go off with the person unlucky enough to get to the stairs first just inside the area of effect, with the other outside of it and only traumatized by watching his friend die right in front of him rather than actually injured.

Just need to charge it up to full power, and then make a noise.

Except that here is where things start to go wrong.

You're not finished charging it up completely, when someone else makes a noise for you. A sharp, loud cry of horrified dismay from somewhere that you would guess is roughly around the dock, where those two corpses are still sitting. Crap.

You don't have time to retreat before making your own noise, and you only have just enough time to get out of the radius yourself before the pair of wizards from belowdecks appear at the bottom of the stairs. They see you. Wands are drawn, and they charge up the stairs, firing red beams at you that you barely manage to twist away from in the tighter confines of the stairway. They're not moving faster than you accounted for, but sooner, and...

The trap goes off.

Both of them are inside the radius when it does, and both of them take something in the realm of a dozen very real knives, stabbed right up to the hilt into their vulnerable flesh with no warning.

They fall with a crash, dead almost before they hit the ground, and tumble loudly down the stairs as gravity works its ways upon them. A wand snaps. There's a jingle of keys falling out of one of their robes.

Keys. You need those. You dart down the stairs for them, even as you hear someone hurrying over to inspect the sudden crashing noise from the stairs down to below-decks. Grab them and up up up.

The newcomer comes down, making a wordless noise of horrified disgust at the tangled and limp bodies below you.

You drop, but some sixth sense alerts him to the sudden danger. Maybe he felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise, or heard a sudden movement of air, it doesn't matter. It just means that while you slam him to the ground, you haven't gotten a good grip on his head, so you can't just break his interfering neck and have done.

An official looking form dropped from his hand. You'll look at it later. Focused on keeping the other[i] hand, with his wand in it, out of play. Reaching for his throat with your other hand. He's wriggling like an eel, and keeps managing to heave you over, only to be heaved over himself, you didn't plan on a wrestling match, urgh, but he dropped his wand along the way somewhere and now it's just a fight of physical matters and he's slowly losing that...

... Taking too long anyway, though. You cut it short, slamming your forehead into his, and as he gasps from the pain of it you force a kiss.

His eyes slowly glaze over. He's fighting it. And he's fighting it [i]hard
. But you have him.

You rise to your feet, and stagger over to the paper he dropped.

.... it's something like a search warrant. You managed to show up right in time to be interrupted by an Auror looking to inspect this ship under suspicion of illegal activity, particularly smuggling contraband.

Hahahahaha~

... the entire ship lurches slightly, and you drift over to a porthole to see the docks slowly float away. No, rather that the ship is slowly floating away from the docks. You're standing there, holding one end of a big chain in your hand, a link sheared through... the anchor. You blow a kiss in this direction before letting the chain fall into the water, and then you fade away.

Well.

If this was at all what you had planned, rather than just making the best of things after the actual plan had gone sour, this would have all turned out very well indeed.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52856
[x] Interrogate the Auror about local events, serial killers and the like.
[x] Try to talk to the daughter while her father's still cowering on the bridge.
-[x] Admit you're a devil her father summoned to save her. You're saving her, and is she happy with her former situation with her father?
-[x] Perhaps she can be influenced to turn on him. But don't mind-control her. Causing willing sin is more fun and tastes better than causing unwilling or unknowing sin.
[x] Dump the bodies overboard. Do you have any way of weighting them?
[x] Try corrupting some of the other individuals below decks at some point.
-[x] Can you spread your influence to those dragon eggs?
[x] Also, the daughter's not secure until we land, because ships are so fragile. So travel toward where you want to go by sea.
[x] Incidentally, can our summoner do magic besides devil-summoning?
>> No. 52857
[x] Interrogate the Auror about local events, serial killers and the like.
[x] Try to talk to the daughter while her father's still cowering on the bridge.
-[x] Admit you're a devil her father summoned to save her. You're saving her, and is she happy with her former situation with her father?
-[x] Perhaps she can be influenced to turn on him. But don't mind-control her. Causing willing sin is more fun and tastes better than causing unwilling or unknowing sin.
[x] Dump the bodies overboard. Do you have any way of weighting them?
[x] Try corrupting some of the other individuals below decks at some point.
-[x] Can you spread your influence to those dragon eggs?
[x] Also, the daughter's not secure until we land, because ships are so fragile. So travel toward where you want to go by sea.
[x] Incidentally, can our summoner do magic besides devil-summoning?

Demon-dragons? Yes. Please.
>> No. 52858
[x] Interrogate the Auror about local events, serial killers and the like.
[x] Try to talk to the daughter while her father's still cowering on the bridge.
-[x] Admit you're a devil her father summoned to save her. Unfortunatly, her father had a disagreement with the men who took her, and only had enough strenght left in him to summon you.
-[x] Secure the girl, but don't let her move much. You're going to 'scout' ahead for hidden dangers to remove them from scene (like her father).
[x] Dump the bodies overboard. Do you have any way of weighting them?
[x] Try corrupting some of the other individuals below decks at some point.
-[x] Can you spread your influence to those dragon eggs?

Can we kill the man now?
>> No. 52861
[x] Interrogate the Auror about local events, serial killers and the like.
[x] Try to talk to the daughter while her father's still cowering on the bridge.
-[x] Admit you're a devil her father summoned to save her. Unfortunatly, her father had a disagreement with the men who took her, and only had enough strenght left in him to summon you.
-[x] Perhaps she can be influenced to turn on him. But don't mind-control her. Causing willing sin is more fun and tastes better than causing unwilling or unknowing sin.
[x] Dump the bodies overboard. Do you have any way of weighting them?
[x] Try corrupting some of the other individuals below decks at some point.
-[x] Can you spread your influence to those dragon eggs?

Why care about what the summoner can do when he'll be dead soon?
>> No. 52866
File 133600778479.png - (427.85KB, 1200x900, ee68cbac725a055e8124dd05dd82de53.png) [iqdb]
52866
You spend a few minutes interrogating the young Auror as much as you can. Though, he definitely is new, it seems. Only fresh out of training, and this was apparently supposed to be a routine check... they weren't expecting to actually find anything when they sent him, just following up on a tip. Hilarious~

But he doesn't know of any notable serial killers. In fact, things seem fairly peaceful right now, throughout the magical world. He doesn't know anything at all about the world outside of the domain of Wizards, of course, but that just seems to be standard operating procedure. In any case, the worst thing he knows of that happened recently is 'Muggle baiting', a favored sport of unscrupulous purebloods... cursing household items and releasing them on an unsuspecting public with no idea how to deal with them.

Sounds like a grand old time~

But it seems like there's just not that much going on, these days. Even that Grindlewald person doesn't seem to have made any public appearances on the continent, and the last major Threat was apparently a wicked, wicked witch that gathered up a troupe of hags and played merry havoc for a while, but got put down decades ago.

Well, nothing to be done about that. You leave the Auror lying on the ground, struggling futile-ly against his mental ensnarement, dragging corpses up to heave over the side. You have to make room. There'll be corpses a-plenty down here before you're through~

He's got a strong mind. Give him a few days, and you're fairly sure he'd manage to break loose on his own. That is not common. Not just anyone could manage that. Still, you don't intend to stick around for a few days...

The lock of cabin 2-C clicks open, and as the door swings aside, a young maiden looks up from her seat, face carefully neutral and cold.

You don't have long. You've found her, and now you have to return her to her father. You can't just stand about. ... Nobody said you had to walk quickly, though.

"I'm here to collect you. Come with me, girl." You say, mildly regretful that the girl is, for at least the moment, off-limits.

"You are...?"

"I'm a wicked devil~" You say, not bothering to disguise your nature. "I've come to return you to your father..."

... Not to 'rescue' her. There's an important distinction there, and the moment's flicker in her eyes tells that she knows it full well. For a moment, her eyes dart past you and around, she's considering where she might run to... but there's nowhere to go. With a slightly defeated look, she accepts her fate, allowing you to usher her out of the room and across the deck.

"... Have you ever thought about it? Just... killing him~?" You muse aloud.

She nearly stumbles, before continuing on. Hehehehe. That seed hit on fertile soil~

"Think about it." You suggest.

The summoner isn't actually still in the bridge, when you get back, but in the doorway. Upon seeing you, though, he doesn't hesitate to rush over and gather his daughter into a sobbing embrace... the way her spine has gone stiff and ramrod straight suggests that she doesn't exactly appreciate it. But it doesn't matter. He has her back. The contract is fulfilled, in that respect, and now... It'll be a shame to go through her to get at him, but the only opportunity is~

... Is gone. Outstretched, clawing grasp thrusts through empty air alone, as the pair disappear with no more than a soft crack of displaced air to mark their passage. Tch. You can feel that the majority of the contract is dispersed, save for the final clause, allowing you a brief period of time before you will be automatically removed from here, if you've not already left.

You don't have time to wait about. There's fun to be had~ You might be able to break that fellow enough to be susceptible, and of course there are the centaurs... there are other passengers to be used, though.

One by one, you visit the cabins and ensnare the other 'cargo'. They're all older than the man's daughter. Not enough to be entirely out of your range of preference, but still... eh. Nothing to be done. They'll play their part, in weakening his mind, if nothing else...

You shred the robes off of them, and lead them down to storage, letting the ship float where it will.

"... I've brought a gift for you~" you declare, making the auror rise from the floor. "Look... such lovely little things. Lithe and supple bodies, aching for your attention... such tender little throats, just waiting for the touch of your hands. That encircling, gentle, but so very final grip~ In the end, they are nothing more than an end to your pleasure. Use them to that end... and their own~" You say, directing them forward.

.... For a moment, you're almost surprised that he doesn't shatter his way free of your will, the force of his own matched against it redoubling. ... and then his hands rise, coming to grip about the neck of the first maid, forcing her to the ground~

Everything is in good hands here. You can turn your attention elsewhere for a while~

The centaurs are of interest. At the very least, one of them was picked up through certainly less than legitimate means. Females, as it happens, aren't so important in a very, very patriarchal society of stallions. They are set to the odd duality of being a hidden and closely guarded treasure, necessary for the survival of the herd, and yet being just unimportant enough that 'spare' females, if the men already have all the wives they want and a surplus, can be traded away to outsiders from time to time.

So it's not impossible that there was an actual legal transaction at some point, though you aren't certain as to the complexities of Wizard Law. But the male centaur gives the lie to that thought. Stallions are real people, after all, and not just wives or tools for breeding. They wouldn't trade them away willingly for any reason.

In any case, they're not such good meals as humans, though they're fun for a curiosity from time to time. Mainly because you either have to go out of your way to do things properly, or make significant changes to your preferred sort of form in order to start getting anywhere.

Seems like they're drugged too, which makes things both easier and more difficult, in different ways.

In the end, you end up having to just help the male mount himself on the female, and mess around just enough with them to be included enough in the act to start slipping your hooks in.

They take a while to 'cook', but add a distinct 'flavor' beyond your normal diet when they're ready. Unfortunately, they're still old enough to be mentally rigid and brittle, and you just don't have the sort of time to do this.

These eggs, though.

You might try to mess with them. Though you'll be going somewhat outside of your normal means of operation, to tamper with them. There's not so much you can do to them through normal means without breaking the shell, and it's not like you're opposed to trying new things, but these eggs are bigger than your head...

Well, there are options, though. Takes a little set-up, sadly, so you can't just start right off the bat.

But fortunately, the Auror is currently deflowering one of the girls, and that lets you skip several steps, though you'll have to fudge some other things since it's not you actually ridding her of the pesky hymen. But as an intermediary, a go-between, between yourself and the girl... well, it's not quite enough to stand back and watch.

The way his mind rails at what you're doing, what you're making him do, though, is just so sweet~

In any case, it takes a bit but you gather the required 'ink' from the three of you, and... ahahahaha~ He's got just enough control to cry over what's happening, but not enough to do anything about it~

You smear some eye-watering runes over the eggshells, and they slowly soak into and through them, hunting out the unborn young within. It's a time-consuming process, to be sure you have it right, and of course there's no guarantee of success, but... well, now either the dragons growing inside will never be born, or there'll be some interesting effects down the line~

By this time, you're down to an Auror and three cooling corpses, and he's not even started to be mentally cracked, just yet.

Well, no matter.

You don't have the time left to break him, as you can feel the seconds remaining to you inexorably ticking away. A shame. You'll just have to eat him, instead... it won't take nearly as long.

... Or wouldn't, except that as you settle to sink the last hooks you need into place, so you can tug his soul loose and into your hungering maw, you're launched off of him and into a stack of crates by a blast of concussive force. Opium dust puffs up into the air, then settles.

Damn. He has backup, now. And by this point, you definitely don't have the time available to take them both on and do anything afterwards... you can already hear the newcomer working to undo your influence. You'll just have to take this loss gracefully, and leave the stage.

"Damn it... this is why you don't leave your partner behind, even if it does look like a routine check that won't have any trouble. You idiot boy, Potter!"

"What... have I done..." The Auror rasps.... and it's all too late that you begin to notice some interesting similarities to that fellow in the future.

Oh well.

But at least you're beginning to have an inkling of just why the fellow abhors you so deliciously~

.... The next thread spits you out in a perfect circle. And your daughter is the one standing before you, black tome in hand, and slamming shut, though she's much older than you recall her. A few marks of age, on a more mature body, curves slightly plumper than what could be considered the ideal.

"Hullo, mum." She says, cheeky as ever. "It's that time, and I've called just like you said."

"... Oh?"

"You didn't tell me much." She continues. "But it's time for a very important meeting with Potter. Apparently. I'm to give you free reign, or so it seems, for a limited time... only a matter of hours. You recall where he lives, I'll assume."

"Of course. And this... contract, such as it is, is of course acceptable, my dear~"

She nods, and the circles fade, as the 'bindings' take hold.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52871
[x] Thank your dear daughter for all her work.
[x] If there is someone of the family ready to be eaten, then do so. Cosette had asked you to not eat the entire famiy, right? Just one or two souls, if it will empower you to fight Potter.
[x] You don't have much time, so go find him.
>> No. 52872
Future-Koa instructed her. That means we have spare time.

[x] Play with Cosette.
[x] Head for Potter.
>> No. 52874
[x] What are you waiting for? Go to Potter's place already!
[x] At this time however... Potter has to be old. Are you here to finally break him or something else? Anyway, don't assume anything until you actually see Potter.
-[x] See if you can pick up useful stuff on the way. It wouldn't do to just be destroyed in one spell again if Potter is still attacking you on sight or if he calls for help.
>> No. 52875
[x] Thank your dear daughter for all her work.
[x] If there is someone of the family ready to be eaten, then do so. Cosette had asked you to not eat the entire famiy, right? Just one or two souls, if it will empower you to fight Potter.
[x] You don't have much time, so go find him
[x] At this time however... Potter has to be old. Are you here to finally break him or something else? Anyway, don't assume anything until you actually see Potter.
-[x] See if you can pick up useful stuff on the way. It wouldn't do to just be destroyed in one spell again if Potter is still attacking you on sight or if he calls for help.
>> No. 52876
[x] Thank your dear daughter for all her work.
[x] What are you waiting for? Go to Potter's place already!
[x] At this time however... Potter has to be old. Are you here to finally break him or something else? Anyway, don't assume anything until you actually see Potter.
-[x] See if you can pick up useful stuff on the way. It wouldn't do to just be destroyed in one spell again if Potter is still attacking you on sight or if he calls for help.
[x] For the love of whatever it is that you love, determine Potter's first name at some point this time!
>> No. 52877
I have $47 on me right now. I'm willing to bet it ALL that Miss Knowledge won't start teaching until 2013...if Kahi doesn't abandon this before then.

Anyone willing to take me up on it?

No?

Didn't think so. Oh, I can hear the cries of "butthurt" now, but you all KNOW I'm right. And the truth makes all your insults ineffective.
>> No. 52878
>>52877
I bet he won't even get that far by then.
Because we're all going to die this year.
>> No. 52879
Err...so?
>> No. 52881
File 133606057658.jpg - (113.00KB, 846x591, ad7c4713202631aeb6444c0faa60a547b3506385.jpg) [iqdb]
52881
"Such a good child~" You purr, stalking forward to pin Cosette to the wall, hands roaming warmly. Soft. Such a pleasure to squeeze~

"You really have time for this, mum?" She chuckles. "Potter's place isn't exactly just about the corner."

True enough, you suppose. Well, there will be other opportunities to introduce the girl to life's little pleasures~

"Do you have a meal prepared for me, I wonder?" You muse.

"People pay more attention these days, mum." Cosette says, shaking her head. "And after your orphanage 'burned down', I don't know where the ones you didn't take that time ended up. For the rest, well, you recall they ended up dying in that 'armed robbery gone wrong'. Bobbies are still trying to figure out who the killer was, as it happens." She says, note of amusement in her voice.

"Hm... And you haven't had any-"

"We've agreed to leave my little girls out of things." Cosette says, voice suddenly chilly. "There's millions out there that aren't mine, and you're free to them..."

"Of course, of course. I mis-spoke, dear, and meant to be sure you hadn't had any luck finding someone that wouldn't be missed~" You lie.

"There's a scarcity of homeless vagrants in the area these days." She says, shaking her head. "They may not know what's going on, but once a few disappear in the same general area, word gets around to the rest, even if nothing's found to suggest they did anything but suddenly decide to leave the country."

.... A shame. There's nothing really to be done about it, though. You pat her fondly once more, and take your leave.

Potter's home is, in fact, quite some distance away, and slipping through the wizard's fire-travel networks only reduces the time by so much, as it seems you cannot reach Potter's home directly. You'll have to think out this encounter fairly thoroughly... Potter is doubtless ancient by now, but if there's anything you know about magic-users, it's that while their bodies may grow feebler under the rigors of time, they only become more and more dangerous, right until the day they don't wake up in the morning. If this is an important meeting, then one way or another it will be the last meeting the man has with you, and whether you break him and take him, or he stands defiant to the very last will....

... You are greeted, at Potter's estate, with broken and half-working wards, shattered windows, a door flung open wide to let the evening air flow as it wills, and a looming, luminescent image of a serpent nesting within a bleached-white skull hanging in the sky overhead. Sounds of battle ring out faintly from within.

You find yourself moving almost against your will, rushing inside to see what has occured... the interior has been scarred heavily by magical exchanges. Here and there bodies lie on the ground, broken and mutilated and clad in black robes and white masks. Further within, that parlor...

... The fireplace has gone out. Not only that, but it has been blasted into ruination, and... most of Potter's wife is lying there, on the rug, the travelling powder trickling out from a limp hand and into the fur. Some of the rest is rather further away from the main mass, and the remainder is spattered liberally about the room.

... You feel an unusual rage rising within you. That woman belonged to Potter. And Potter belongs to you, and so she was yours by default... how dare...

The sounds of battle are coming to a halt. This way. You hurry down a corridor of ruined and slashed apart paintings, to another room, ignoring patches of flame across the rugs and curtains, and...

Counting bodies, there had to have been at least a dozen wizards participating in this assault, possibly as many as a full score of them. There are now a full three remaining: what seems to be the leader of the raid, mask more ornate than the rest, and a pair of shuffling henchmen.

Potter is pinned to a wall by a long, thin spike, bleeding from numerous gashes, one eye ruined. His wand is a shattered twig in one hand, and the other arm is twisted and blackened and ends in a stump oozing foul-smelling ichor, shortly below the elbow. His legs are, when all is said and done, quite simply gone.

They DARE.

"Cepheus Potter." The leader of the raid rasps, seeming to have taken wounds, though not to the extent of his henchmen, in the pursuit of Potter's death. "Your son has proven... quite troublesome to the designs of our Lord and Master. And yet, when a horsefly bites at a man's hand, is it not crushed out of pique? So shall it be."

"A pox on your Lord." Potter spits.

"... And here I had intended to offer you the merciful death of an honorable foe. But so be it. Your death has already taken hold of your very heart and bones... all I must do is watch, as it drags the rest of you, kicking and screaming into the void."

"You are mistaken... if you think that all men think as you, and your lord, that death is a thing to be so feared and fled."

"A bold statement. And yet, with the time of your doom at hand, we shall see the truth of things soon enough."

.... His arm. The rest of it. It's just there, the grip of a plain-looking and servicable short sword in hand, stained red with blood. You reach down to pry loose the fingers, and take it up.

.... This blade knows you.

This blade hates you.

This blade was designed, enchanted, for one purpose and one alone. It may have slain wizards as easily as it would pierce the flesh of any other, but that single purpose of its existence is you. It was given form and honed, empowered for the sole reason that it might one day find a sheath in your breast.

Why, it's almost enough to leave you as a blushing, giddy young girl-child in the face of her first declaration of eternal hatred~

But the rage will not be so easily turned aside, even as smoke begins to slowly rise up from the hand gripping the weapon.

They have hunted prey that is yours and yours alone.

You will not stand for this.

The first falls before they have even realized your arrival, head cleaved from his disgusting shoulders, mask falling free to reveal a dumbfounded face trapped in the moment of his death.....

... the blade has not simply cleaved his flesh. The wizard's soul, itself, has been maimed from the blow and you can 'see' as it flees the husk of meat, how it bleeds off parts of itself to disperse into nothingness, before it is gone.

A fine fate, for such as these. They are not even worthy of being eaten.

You cleave the chest of the next apart, leaving him to crumple, gurgling for breath, as he clutches at the wound, trying in vain to fit his ribs back into place and make them stay. And then it is only the leader that remains, though a beam of some nature shines out from the tip of his wand. Fast, too fast, there isn't time to more than put the sword in the way.... but it is enough, and that ray turns aside, parried by the blade, to blast apart a section of the wall rather than your torso.

Four steps forward, and thrust.

He clutches dumbly at the blade lodged in his torso as you release it, wand dropping limply from his hand. Yours is charred heavily, palm burnt almost black, and skin cracking to release oozes of melted flesh and blood from beneath. It's scorched even a portion of your very essence, a wound that will heal given time, and may not be physically seen, but will carry with you even after you have left this place and time...

Ahahaha, such a delightful thing, that Potter created just for you~

"Who.... why...?" The raid-leader rasps.

"Potter is mine." You declare, simply. "He has always been mine, since the first time our paths crossed. I will not tolerate filthy thieves like you stealing away what should have been mine!"

... The wizard heaves another rasping breath, traces of his very soul pouring free from the wound alongside blood, and then slowly falls over to lay still on the ground.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52882
[x] Greet Potter. He has always been a favorite prey, so the least you could do is give him some respect.
[x] Figure out a way to bring the sword with you back to the SDM. It would make a fine trophy, and Patchy would appreciate another exemplar of the outside world's magic.

[/ic] We need that sword dang-it! A soul-reaving shortsword? No wonder Voldie hated the Potters! If Harry is indeed "Tainted" by Koa he may not be able to use it, but still! It is awesome.[ic]
>> No. 52883
On a side note:
>Leave my little girls out of things
Lily and Petunia!? Lol.

It seems that Cosette is either quite possessive of her... toys... Or just Protective of her Family, though being a cambrian, I doubt it is the latter.
>> No. 52885
[x] Greet Cepheus. He has always been a favorite prey, so the least you could do is give him some respect.
-[x] Perform first aid on him, and talk with him for a while.
[x] Wrap the sword up in something so it doesn't burn to the touch.
-[x] Incidentally, did he summon and kill a future you with that already?
-[x] Hide the sword really well somewhere so you can come back and dig it up with Patchy. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.
[x] His wand's gone, his limbs are useless. He's no longer any threat to you. Talk with him for a while, tell him your story.
-[x] Ask him who those who dared to come after your toy/prey were.
-[x] Ask what happened with those dragon eggs, about Stocker's thesis, and, oh, ask about his kids too. Don't let on that they might be yours until you know about them.
>> No. 52886
[x] Greet Cepheus. He has always been a favorite prey, so the least you could do is give him some respect.
-[x] Show yourself kinder than usual.
-[x] Perform first aid on him, and talk with him for a while.
--[x] He's the one responsible for the deaths of your loyal followers and destroyed the orphanage, isn't he?
-[x] Ask him who those who dared to come after your toy/prey were.
-[x] Ask what happened with those dragon eggs, about Stocker's thesis, and, oh, ask about if he has kids too.
--[x] Are his kids really his...or yours?
-[x] Ponder if you should really eat his soul. He's been fun, you might just let him go. If he play his cards righ. He needs only one limb for this~
[x] Figure out a way to bring the sword with you back to the SDM. It would make a fine trophy, and Patchy would appreciate another exemplar of the outside world's magic.
-[x] Incidentally, did he summon and kill a future you with that already?
>> No. 52887
>Are his kids really his...or yours?
Do we even know how Koa's taint/reproduction works? Could it really just be the true offspring of Potter and his Wife, only tainted with Koa's power and presence, if Koa's gambit really did succeed?
>> No. 52888
>>52887

No idea, but it's confirmed that Koa can have children through the normal way. So there's a chance for either possibilities.
>> No. 52889
>>52888
I would find it hilarious if the "taint" made James the playboy he was claimed to be, or even better, made both Lily and James into high-functioning sociopaths, who only appeared as pleasant light-wizards out of a facade. And that they opposed Moldieshorts because the dislike was passed down from Koa.

But I doubt that will happen, as much as I doubt having Lily summon Koa to save Harry won't happen.
>> No. 52890
[x] Greet Cepheus. He has always been a favorite prey, so the least you could do is give him some respect.
-[x] Show yourself kinder than usual.
-[x] Perform first aid on him, and talk with him for a while.
--[x] He's the one responsible for the deaths of your loyal followers and destroyed the orphanage, isn't he?
-[x] Ask him who those who dared to come after your toy/prey were.
-[x] Ask what happened with those dragon eggs, about Stocker's thesis, and, oh, ask about if he has kids too.
--[x] Are his kids really his...or yours?
-[x] Ponder if you should really eat his soul. He's been fun, you might just let him go. If he play his cards righ. He needs only one limb for this~
-[x] If instead of trying to kill you, he had tried to make you his, things could have been very different.
[x] Figure out a way to bring the sword with you back to the SDM. It would make a fine trophy, and Patchy would appreciate another exemplar of the outside world's magic.
-[x] Incidentally, did he summon and kill a future you with that already?

He gave Koa a purpose, a reason to accept summons. Instead of answering the summonings to try to have some fun, she answered them to find him. That's a pretty female thing to do, IMO, to obssess over a single man.
>> No. 52891
>>52686

I'm almost positive the Orphanage she went to that later burnt down is the same one Tom Riddle ended up in.
>> No. 52892
>>52891
It may be true, especially with the "burned down" comment later, but there are some problems with that.

I'm not sure if the Matron, Mrs.Cole was a nun or not. And timing makes it so that Koa could only have "corrupted" the orphanage after Riddle had already left.
>> No. 52894
Guys, there's an obvious problem with the huge vote.

Potter isn't going to last that long. So skip the useless stuff.

[x] Greet Cepheus. He has always been a favorite prey, so the least you could do is give him some respect.
-[x] Show yourself kinder than usual. There's no point in playing with a dying man.
-[x] Ask him who those who dared to come after your toy/prey were.
-[x] Ponder what to do. He'll probably die before we can get his soul. Does he have anything he want to say before his death too?
[x] Figure out a way to bring the sword with you back to the SDM or hide it so that only you can find it in another time. It would make a fine trophy, and Patchy would appreciate another exemplar of the outside world's magic.
-[x] Incidentally, did he figure out your nature at last, considering it actually hurt your essence?
>> No. 52895
[x] Greet Cepheus. He has always been a favorite prey, so the least you could do is give him some respect.
-[x] Show yourself kinder than usual. There's no point in playing with a dying man.
-[x] Ask him who those who dared to come after your toy/prey were.
-[x] Ponder what to do. He'll probably die before we can get his soul. Does he have anything he want to say before his death too?
[x] Figure out a way to bring the sword with you back to the SDM or hide it so that only you can find it in another time. It would make a fine trophy, and Patchy would appreciate another exemplar of the outside world's magic.
-[x] Incidentally, did he figure out your nature at last, considering it actually hurt your essence?

Looks like our fun is coming to an end. Oh well.
>> No. 52896
File 133608589591.png - (1.43MB, 850x1161, and back to Patchy.png) [iqdb]
52896
You watch the filth bleed out and die for a moment before turning back to Potter. To Cepheus. You don't doubt that Patchouli would take an interest in enchantments such as this, and a few niggling traces of her own contract strongly hint that you should really make sure a fascinating artifact like that isn't lost. Never mind that were you struck a blow by it... well, you don't think it would be really fatal. Not truly, and not enough to wipe you completely from the face of all existence, forever. You think. But you can't be sure... well, in any case, the blade will keep until you've finished your conversation. You can figure out somewhere to hide it, and work out a time to come back and collect it, later.

"... Hello, dear~" You purr, stepping forward to seat yourself on the table before Cepheus, peering interestedly at the old man. Even now, seeming more of an ingot of forged and tempered steel, beaten with hammers only to become stronger, than the typical old human rotting within his own skin and just waiting to die.

Even though it seems that he is just patiently waiting for death to get on with it and collect him already, as he hasn't got all day to fool about with this being-maimed-and-pinned-to-a-wall nonsense.

"Even now. You've not aged a day. Miserable woman." He groans. "I don't suppose you would do me the grand favor... of bringing that sword over here, and putting it in the one hand I have left?"

"Ufu... I think not." You say, dryly. "It's something of a shame, given the clear effort you've put into it... but my dear, I think I'm simply not in the mood for such a penetration."

He harrumphs and refuses to look directly at you, all the defiance remaining to him. It isn't as though he can do anything more. You would almost be tempted to take him down, apply what knowledge you have of the subject to bind his wounds, staunch the bleeding, and bandage everything over, except...

"You're dying." You say, pointing at the severed arm, where you can watch even now as the blackness spreads further and further. "That... will certainly kill you."

"Tell me something I'm not aware of, she-devil." He grunts. "I have some familiarity with the black curse that afflicts me. Once struck, there is a narrow window... three minutes, and no more, in which it can be safely removed. Following this... the poison is in the very marrow of my bones, now. Seeped into every fiber of muscle, tainting every organ. Bring me at this very moment to the best healers in all the world, with all the money in the world to pay them with, and the best they might do is to slow the progress such that I might linger on for a matter of weeks, dying slowly, rather than finding my life at an end in the number of minutes I have remaining."

"A shame." You say, and you're a little surprised yourself to find your words are oddly wistful. "This was... not the end I had envisioned, when we first met. Such as these... who are these worms, who dared to interfere?"

"When we first met... yes. Death eaters, they call themselves." Cepheus says with a snort. "Servants of the self-styled Dark Lord."

"Ufu? And so, tonight, they have found themselves a banquet fit to burst even the most gluttonous stomach."

You shake your head.

".... I wonder. At that time... did you discover anything, later, of those dragon eggs?"

"Dragon... that. At a time such as this, you ask about things from so many decades ago?" He snorts. "Those eggs were confiscated, and found stillborn."

"And the thesis of Miss Stocker?" You muse aloud.

"Of... who?" he says, seeming to not understand who you're referring to. "I don't... some matter of yours that even now I've not brought to light, then. Bah."

Hmm....~

"But tell me, dear. Your children. They are well, and safe from this?"

And now his eyes light up, just for a moment, in that blaze of fury you so well recall~

"My son no longer lives in my home." He snaps. "It is of no concern to you... lay even a single finger against my family, and my angry ghost will torment you through all of time."

"Ufufufun~ So testy, dear. Think nothing of it... I have no interest in your descendants. It's you alone that have caught my eye~"

"I recall that didn't stop you from..." He starts to rage, before breaking off, spike paining him too much to continue speaking for a moment. The blackness has by now encroached on his shoulder, and you can almost smell the rot from the furthest extent of what is left of the limb.

".... My wife." He says, note of bitterness still in his voice. "My Elaine. I sent her to flee throught the fireplace, but it wasn't long before more came from that way. Did she..."

"It seems she very nearly escaped." You answer, seeing no reason not to.

You can almost hear the man's teeth clenching at he stares at his broken wand, then tosses it bitterly aside.

"And in the end, pointless." He says, a note of defeat in his tone, as he sags slightly into the wall. You step forward, closer, content in the knowledge that he is as harmless as a pinned butterfly.

"Shall I take you down from there?" You ask.

"... There is no need." He answers, single remaining hand reaching out to cup your cheek... and then clamp tightly about your throat.

"I've lived, in spite of your efforts, a long and full life. It will not pain me to go on." He says, points of the purest white light beginning to shine out of his eyes. Alarm grows within you as traces of it begin to glow throughout his very skin. "But... I'm taking you.... with me!"

No no no, he's not supposed to be able to do anything without a wand, and the blazing light sears like fire, it's-

You barely manage to discard your physical form, abandoning the world, before his body erupts in a nova of blinding light, force shattering much of what is even remotely breakable in the area, and toppling and throwing about that which is not.

Dangerous.

That was dangerous. Like the sword, you think that little trick could have hurt you for real. Suicide technique as it seems to be, it's still...

You linger, for as long as you can. People don't take long to arrive, showing up just after there's no longer anything they can do anything about the situation.

Dumbledore, interestingly, is the first on the scene, bursting into the room full of a storm of fury, only to fade as he sees that which remains and slowly lowers his wand.

".... Damn me, I am too late. And a good man has died for my tardiness..." He says, bitterly.

"Albus, have you found someone? Is he alive?" A voice calls, approaching rapidly.

"No, James!" Dumbledore directs. "Stay out... this is not something you wish to see."

"If my father's in there, I have to see!" He insists, forcing his way into the room....

He takes in the scene. Then, turns away, seeming to be barely preventing himself from vomiting at it all.

"... I did warn you, my boy." Albus says regretfully, as another enters....

Cosette.

... No, not her. But the features left from her are clear, though those brilliantly emerald eyes... they must be from Cosette's mate.

She responds to the situation much the same as James does, pained disgust and mourning. And then she almost instinctively shrinks back from the blade, as Albus picks it up from the ground, where it's been knocked free of the raider's corpse.

"... Is something wrong, Lily?" James asks, confused.

"There is powerful magic tied up in this." Albus says, setting it carefully on what is left of the table. "I recall you have always had a particular talent for Charms work, and I will admit that I cannot immediately tell the exact nature...."

"I don't know." She says, shaking her head. "It just seems.... wrong, somehow. I couldn't tell you why, but it's like something in my stomach is yelling for me to not go near it, or touch it, to stay away..."

"I recognize that sword. Father spent years on it, after having it custom made from some special metal..."

"If I am not mistaken, it is a tempered form of Adamant, dwarven steel.... fascinating. I cannot imagine what it might have taken for the dwarves to agree to trade with a human, these days, much less to forge a weapon of any sort for him." Albus muses, clearly trying to distract everyone's minds from the horror of the room. "Your father is... was, I should say, a remarkable man. Did he ever mention what he made of it, or why he...?"

"Not much. He was always private, and there were things he wouldn't speak of, even to those closest to him." James replies, shaking his head. "All I know is that, once, he mentioned that he had made it so that the sword would not bite only into a man's body, but-"

Albus' eyes have widened, and he takes a very hasty step away from the blade, description seeming to worry him as much as if it had suddenly transformed into a venemous and very angry serpent.

"Did he perhaps mention to you..." He says quickly, eyes not leaving the weapon for a moment. "... If he had a particular grievance against someone, that he might consider-"

"I don't think he meant for it to be used on a person. From what I've put together, I... don't really know. But I think he was troubled, throughout his life, by a specter that would return time and again to torment him, that he couldn't be rid of." James said. "And so, some of the magic put into it was for that purpose. I don't know, though. It was his own special project, and he kept it near at all times once it was through. There were... times it seemed like he loved that sword more than mother and I, to tell the truth."

"Get rid of it. Have it sent to a cursebreaker, or throw it into the Thames, or bury it with him, but I can't bear to look at the thing." Lily requests... no, no, no, stupid child, you want that. A trophy, a memento, even if Patchy ends up taking it. Don't just throw it away.

James seems agreeable after a moment, though, and even though Albus seems to be considering its utility, he's wary enough of the item that, after a moment he nods.

Damn it. Idiot child. Can't control your instinctual fears of something that hates you for even a moment, Cosette's whelp or not you want to strangle the little...

... you can't hold on for any longer, though, and all you can hear is James' assurance that he'll deal with it, but not how...

Ugh.

You'll have to figure out what happened to that later. See if you can get it back. Steal it from someone. Worrisome as it might be to have a weapon devised for your doom right at hand, knowing that one existed, but that you don't know what happened to it is worse by far.

For now though, you have one more matter to deal with. Quickly, before you return to Patchouli's call. It takes a couple tries to hit on the right timeframe, but the summons is simple enough, and you accept a pittance in recompense for the opportunity, and a few free moments, though you'll be cutting it close....

... There.

Little Cepheus, playing on the grounds of the Potter estate with a dried leafy twig he's pretending to be a wand, not currently being minded by his elders. He looks at you with wide, innocent eyes as you pause right at the edge of the wards, your form shrunken down deliberately to a size similar to his own, peering in at him. Not understanding the danger, he toddles over to meet you. Steps out of them. There are all manner of things you could do, now...

... you settle yourself with touseling his hair, ignoring his complaints, and then kissing his forehead.

"Bleeergh..." He complains, disgust at the action clear, and you can't help but snicker.

"You and I." You declare. "We're going to become very good friends, my little Knight~" You say, allowing yourself to fade away on the wind.

Confused, the boy ambles back onto the grounds, inside the safety of the wards. You don't know that he'll ever think of this moment again, the time when you could have snuffed out the tiny flame of his life without any particular effort, could have done whatever you pleased, and there was nothing that he might have done to prevent it... and did not harm him at all. You doubt he'll remember it at all. But it's enough.

There's a thread, now, that you should really find your way down. Patchy will be missing your assistance by now. And really, who's going to spend days going over that contract to figure out when and how it may or may not be permissible to drug tea, and with what, if not you? Nobody, that's who. Really, it's a spark of excitement you doubt she could live without~

If only the blasted woman would take advantage of all those provisions, clauses, and counterclauses that prevent you from touching her sould no matter what she does to you, or vice versa, then that would just be grand. But you aren't holding your breath. Even with as long as you can, it would just be a futile effort, you think.

---

You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though you have constructed a tower elsewhere, without internal fixtures as yet, which you may or may not inhabit much. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have a box of ninety six vials of Medication stored in the library to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy, though effects may vary, as can the Hakurei Hot Spring.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, which can be surprisingly versatile, particularly in combination with Golems. You can also create Homunculi, if you have the materials to hand. You have the most important ingredient in stock, but you estimate it will be useless for the purpose by the end of the day.

The day is, in fact, almost over, though dinner seems it will be somewhat delayed from Sakuya's belated return to the Mansion. Even so, that has given you time to draw up a circle and re-summon your assistant, a devil which is called by the name Koakuma. She arrives in the appropriate uniform, theatric burst of black and blue fires.

"... According to paragraph three hundred and twelve, subsection C, article nineteen, in agreeing to my previous summons and binding, you have agreed to agree to and adhere to the same terms upon the successful completion and binding of this renewed Contract. For the sake of formality, please verbally agree that this is the case, and that you do so agree to uphold the previous Contract, in addition to any adjustments or revisions I have made to it since, at my discretion, according to paragraph eight hundred and seventy nine, subsection F, article thirty three, and not subject to attempts to renegotiate the contract at this time, as stated in paragraph six hundred and nine, subsection Y, article seven." You say simply.

"Ah, you wound me Patchouli. After all this time do you think I would try to wriggle out of it?" The devil says, slyly.

"For the sake of formality-" You begin to repeat yourself, refusing to budge, and perfectly willing to repeat yourself as many times as it takes to get the verbal agreement.

"Fine, fine." Koakuma interrupts. "I do so solemnly agree to your terms. Like always. Unless you really think I'm looking forward to standing here for a week."

"The contract is not subject to renegotiation during renewal." You say simply, allowing the summoning circle to fade as Koakuma takes up her duties once more.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52897
[x] Ask Koakuma what happened to trigger this death.
[x] No point wasting time now. Start on the lesson plans with the time you have before dinner.

No point doing a large vote since dinner will be soon. And the first question is because Patchouli would want to know what provoked Remilia ths time.

Will Koakuma inform Patchouli of what she learned witht his question? Who knows.

At any rate, Harry has succubus ancestry. I wonder what Koakuma will do with that knowledge.
>> No. 52898
[x] Ask your familiar if she knows how/why she was killed. Did the Black-white manage to master-spark her into oblivion?
[x] Be cautious. If you can/are brave enough, find out what Remi was doing in Britain, and consider if those actions could be tied back to you.
[x] You can't do anything about the gifts now, except tell Sakuya what cooked/baked goods you may need and on which day.
[x] Check on your experiments, it has been a while, after all.
-[x] You may need to dispose of the "genetic material" soon.
-[x] Attend/get Koa to attend to the homunculi. They haven't been fed or watered for at least a day.

Damn it. That sword is going to be key. It's also the best way to f--- up Voldie and other beings.

Looks like Lily really is Koa's grandchild... Young Harry Potter, just how great is the taint within you?

I really want to see a Koa meets Harry scene now, lol.
>> No. 52899
[x] Ask your familiar if she knows how/why she was killed. Did the Black-white manage to master-spark her into oblivion?
[x] You can't do anything about the gifts now, except tell Sakuya what cooked/baked goods you may need and on which day.
[x] No point wasting time now. Start on the lesson plans with the time you have before dinner.

Also, Dwarves? I hope we get back to them again some time. I imagine they'd be similar to goblins, but even more extreme/reclusive.
>> No. 52900
>>52899
Dwarves? When was that mentioned (which thread)? I think I missed that.
>> No. 52902
>>52900
Last update.
>> No. 52903
Well, hasn't this been a wild ride. It's good to be back with Patchy though.

It's kind of ironic though; I went back to check and see the last Remilia post, and when I suggested to reprimand Koa. I wonder if Kahi ever planned this out, or if it was just a spur of the moment thing. Either way, it was quite impressive. And a lot of backstory has been filled in.

And I wonder... Harry is now the great-grandson of a Succubus, from one side of his family. On the other hand, his father was also formed due to the intervention of Koa. I wonder if there is any meaning to the combined taint, if any lingers from his father's side. Also, remember what Patchy mentioned, about how instant death curses would never work on a being of true magic, as they are inherently shoddy? Perhaps that will be the explanation for how Harry survived. Perhaps he has enough of the succubus taint within him? Or perhaps the taint from Lily's side mingled with James', and created something different. Perhaps even transforming young Harry into a (fledging) youkai magician? (Similar to Patchy, as she was born one too)

If that is the case, the lack of magic in his upbringing, being in the driest area possible while raised, could have stunted his development. So instead of being as strong and sturdy as a true youkai, he would only be above average magically, and incredibly lucky?

Thoughts, I suppose. Although, it does give credence to Petunia's claims that her sister was something wicked. How much does she know? Was she kept ignorant, since she had no magic? Or did her mother taunt her due to her lack of succubus blood?

Well, I suppose I should post my votes before I ramble too much.

[x] Ask your familiar if she knows how/why she was killed. From the blood, she seems to have caught the ire of either the maid, the young mistress, or the elder one.
[x] Inquire Remilia as to exactly why she killed Koakuma. Be honest about your concern. You already have Yukari messing around with your employment, and you do not desire any more distractions.
-[x] If it is personal and nothing to do with your new job, do point out, that you would be willing to assist her, if she does require any help.
[x] You can't do anything about the gifts now, except tell Sakuya what cooked/baked goods you may need and on which day.
[x] No point wasting time now. Start on the lesson plans with the time you have before dinner.
-[x] Consider when/if you need to have Koa dispose of the "genetic material."
-[x] Also, have her attend to the golems.
>> No. 52904
>>52903
The taint would be pretty light on him though wouldn't it? He would be 1/8th devil at best.
>> No. 52905
>>52904
True, if we go by pure genetics. But magic is involved too. If there was anything left over from James' birth (and the magic Koa used to have him born), it could have interacted when he was conceived, and created something more?

Anything can go. Maybe James' conception would have no affect on his children. I'm just throwing out ideas. Am very curious to see how it ends up. But since Lily still reacted as a succubus would to the sword, I'm imagining that something was passed along. The question is, what exactly?
>> No. 52906
>>52903

Please do not do anything that would result in Harry becoming a youkai or anything like a youkai. It's too wrong.
>> No. 52907
File 133611411162.png - (625.18KB, 900x1000, df64210f91e4772c434e0befa8b586a9.png) [iqdb]
52907
[x] Ask if Koa knows what caused Remila to attack her.

[x] Get ready for a meet and greet with the other instructors?

[x] Is there... anything... left to do before school starts?

Patchy Quest is back to Patchy.... but I want more Koa...
>> No. 52908
>>52906

Well there are many things that are Youkai-like without being anywhere near as disgusting as Koakuma.

At the very least, as this is a HP/Touhou crossover, it provides the perfect reason for Patchouli to give an otherwise-mediocre student some attention.

...oh, oh dear. If this Harry is just like the canon (for now) then I wonder if his 1/8th demon blood would be the reason for that stupid "coiling beast" hormone metaphor?
>> No. 52909
Whats the 'coiling beast' metaphor supposed to refer to? First time I've heard of it.
>> No. 52910
>>52909
From context, I'd assume it was in the 5th Harry Potter book. If I recall correctly, there was a lot of silly romance shit in that one.
>> No. 52911
>>52908
Oh dear... the monster in the chest? I could see that potentially being the case... If it was reacting to every female. Last I checked, succubi (or incubi) do not pick one mate. So if it was, his instincts would be screaming at him to jump every attractive female he came across. Still, it has some potential, depending on how close to HP canon everything remains (and considering what Koa just did...)

>>52906
Technically, Patchouli as a natural born Magician is a youkai. Similar to Alice or Byakuren, human turned youkai. I did not mean to imply that Harry should transform into some sort of devil; I'm just trying to put together the pieces we've been given.

1. That instant kill spells (such as AK's) are notoriously faulty, especially against stronger magic beings.
2. Harry Potter was not affected by an instant kill spell, therefore is either incredibly lucky or is more than human.
3. It has just been observed that Harry's lineage includes that of a succubus in one family line, and the taint of same in another.
4. I am assuming the prophecy is still in effect, so Harry has been marked as his equal, with the power he knows not and all that rot.
5. Voldemort is now (and might have been before) more than human, and technically immortal.

Of course, it could mean nothing at all. Or I might have missed other clues that would have spelled it out. Still, no harm in debating what might could happen.
>> No. 52912
>>52911

Amusing that under this scenario the Power could still be argued to be "Love" - just a somewhat less traditional interpretation.

The issue of what Voldemort has become is interesting, I had just been going with "Magician/Sub-par Lich".

He is immortal, possesses strong resistance to permadeath, capable of basically unprecedented acts of magic to the HP-crowd (flight) and distinctly less than human in appearance. Hell, if we didn't know better I'd say he'd paid a visit to Gensokyo at some point.

Running with that, well, we know that his weaknesses are similar to a Youkai - spiritual damage. He is feared, to the point that his very name brings terror. Despite being considered dead, this fear has been passed on to the next generation. He is believed to be the worst Dark Wizard to ever live and embodiment of Slytherin.

I'd say he meets all the prerequisites required to become a Youkai/Kami, just from the terror of an entire society being focused on him. His act of creating the Horcruxes (evil ghost) or his resurrection (snakelike wizard) being the trigger that has him reborn as a Youkai.
>> No. 52913
>>52911

Amusing that under this scenario the Power could still be argued to be "Love" - just a somewhat less traditional interpretation.

The issue of what Voldemort has become is interesting, I had just been going with "Magician/Sub-par Lich".

He is immortal, possesses strong resistance to permadeath, capable of basically unprecedented acts of magic to the HP-crowd (flight) and distinctly less than human in appearance. Hell, if we didn't know better I'd say he'd paid a visit to Gensokyo at some point.

Running with that, well, we know that his weaknesses are similar to a Youkai - spiritual damage. He is feared, to the point that his very name brings terror. Despite being considered dead, this fear has been passed on to the next generation. He is believed to be the worst Dark Wizard to ever live and embodiment of Slytherin.

I'd say he meets all the prerequisites required to become a Youkai/Kami, just from the terror of an entire society being focused on him. His act of creating the Horcruxes (evil ghost) or his resurrection (snakelike wizard) being the trigger that has him reborn as a Youkai.
>> No. 52914
Sorry about the double post.
>> No. 52915
>>52913
No, Voldemort is not a magician in the same sense that Patchouli is a magician. He is not that specific kind of youkai.

Whether he is a youkai is an interesting question, though it depends on the definition of youkai that is being used. In general though, the broadest definition of youkai can include a broad range of supernatural phenomenon that includes everything from ghosts to oni to transcended animals. In this sense, I suppose it's not too unreasonable to label Voldemort a youkai, though preferably under a name that's more appropriate to his home culture.

But for what it's worth - the label of youkai is so broadly-encompassing that it's largely useless - the English term 'spirit' is actually more restrictive than youkai.

As for Voldemort being a kami? I'm not sure about the exact mechanics in Touhou but since he hasn't been enshrined as one, I think that's a pretty good indication that he isn't one.
>> No. 52916
>>52912
Voldemort is not Gensokyo-tier, whatever he is, since he can be killed with an Avada Kedavra or a shotgun. His death is technically not permanent when he is killed, but only because his soul is pinned to the plane; he must be resurrected manually, as compared to most Touhou immortals who resurrect automatically. Flight could easily be a variant on Wingardium Leviosa that wizards just didn't think of. (Harry Potter's wizards are a silly lot, after all.)

Also, when was Voldemort weak against faith?

>>52912
>>52915
If I may paraphrase Anonymous from another story, the phrase "British youkai" sounds very, very wrong...
I don't think there's a strict English equivalent to "youkai", but "monster" might work. It has some different connotations, but Voldemort's evil anyway.
>> No. 52917
>>52916
Yup, I agree with this sentiment - Voldemort's a Brit and he should be labelled something from either British or at most European culture if he is to be labelled something at all.

There is no exact translation for youkai in English - it translates to something like 'magical enigma', though there is a distinctively negative connotation to the 'magical' bit, enough so that it's more accurately translated as 'witch-like', 'bad magical', but not quite 'demonic'.

I think monster sums up Voldemort rather succinctly.
>> No. 52918
>>52913
There's far too little faith or what-have-you for Voldy to ascend to godhood. Voldemort seemed to be mainly a European problem, and we can see around how small the population of wizards is, what with Hogwarts having a few hundred students and being the "best" school. While that might not indicate numbers, Hogwarts still seems to be the acting school for most of England and some of the surrounding area. One school for the country, or multiple countries. The total wizarding population is likely in the low millions, with the number actively fearing Voldemort being in the hundreds of thousands.
>> No. 52919
>>52917
Indeed, that may be right. Personally, I don't think that Voldemort is some sort of youkai at all. He may have aspirations for power of that level, but he has not yet lived long enough, nor been able to create magics strong enough. To be frank, the only wizards in Britain that could conceivably take on Gensokyo level foes might be the Flamels, depending on what exactly their Philosopher's Stone can do.

Just remember what Patchy said. These wizards are weak, but resourceful. Silly they may be, but with enough trickery, they could defeat even someone from Gensokyo who relies on brute power. I'll stop now though, as discussion of tiers is pointless.

>>52912
Perhaps I should have included the power he knows not into the list. Assuming Voldie is almost as strong as one can get with weak outside magic, I'm just curious as to what effects Harry could have. Considering that Harry lacks the skill and knowledge that years would bring, perhaps being a weak youkai with lots of power would make him equal.

But considering that, we do know a witch that likes to focus on power over skill, now don't we? And considering we're working with the power of love possibly, Love Signs seem very appropriate, yes? Although, considering Patchy will be his teacher, a Non-Directional laser seems more appropriate. Or perhaps something else entirely?
>> No. 52921
Yet another side-quest? For fuck's sake, can we please just go back to the main plot?
>> No. 52922
>>52919
The status of youkai does not guarantee great power. Remember that Gensokyo fairies count as youkai under certain definitions of youkai, not to mention that most youkai are more like the transcended rabbits seen in the games than anything truly pants-wetting like a nine-tailed fox or a gashadokuro.

As for whether HP wizards are dangerous to the inhabitants of Gensokyo, well, of course they're dangerous - but it's matter of how dangerous. I myself believe that the average HP wizard (largely untrained in combat) likely has an even chance against Gensokyo mooks (bog-standard fairies and transcended rabbits), but any one of the minor bosses from the games is going to eat the average HP wizard alive, sometimes quite literally.
>> No. 52923
File 133615699077.png - (489.27KB, 850x1113, sample_1f0fdda8b665bf3987a10c2451096b9f6a9d978c.png) [iqdb]
52923
In any case, there's one immediate matter to concern yourself with.

It would have been beyond impossible not to notice how Remilia was the one to obliterate the devil. You doubt, however, that it was for no reason. It may not have been a good reason, naturally, and it could well have been a simple fit of frustrated aggression over an unrelated matter, taken out against a target that would not be permanently harmed by the outburst.

Even so, best to be certain.

"What did you do?" You ask, sternly.

"Do?... Geeze. I didn't do anything."

You continue to frown, staring pointedly at her.

"...... This time. That I can remember. That she might have found out about." The devil qualifies, uncertainly.

Well, in any case, it's slightly more believable that she simply doesn't remember an offense given. Still not out of the question that it simply was an act of spontaneous aggression, however. You'll leave it at that, for now.

"Oh! That's right. I may be... known, in Britain." Koa remarks.

"Of course you are." You say, noncommitally.

"... Eh? That's all you have to say on the matter?"

"As a devil of your nature, it is obvious that you are summoned to this place by practicing diabolists. This is correct, yes? As such, it is not out of the question that any magic user which locates a tome including instructions to call you forth, and finds themselve with a need or simple desire for your service, might, and indeed has already, based on a more linear concept of time, summoned you forth. It would be foolish to assume that you had never and will never find yourself taking commands from another in that region, that there is not a single diabolist of any note which may or may not have utilized your services."

"You knew all along, then?"

"Not 'knew'. I suspected, and reasoned that the odds were in favor of that being the case." You correct her. "I did not, however, know for a fact that this was so. In any case, it seems that whatever you may have influenced was minimal enough, or sufficiently secret, that you are not a common household item of concern."

"Tch. I'm just not spectacular enough to keep their attention, you mean?"

"Possibly, it is that you aren't 'consistent' enough. It can only be assumed that none of those who call you forth are confident enough to retain your services over a longer term... but conjecture of this nature is quite irrelevant. I'll assume that you delayed your return in taking a contract to familiarize or re-familiarize yourself with the area, which is what prompted your warning, such as it was. I don't suppose you located anything of interest?" You ask.

"I met someone interesting!" Koa declares. "We met in a secluded place, and he sent his friends away so that we could be alone, with such romantic crackling flames~"

"He covered the retreat of his allies, and in so doing he set you on fire."

"Yes! That's what I just said."

"Immolation is not, in general, a symbol of romantic intentions."

"Isn't it?"

"It's neither here nor there. But I meant: did you locate anything of interest 'to me', if it needs that clarification."

"Hm... There was a sword, but I don't know what happened to it. And a magical thesis of some nature. I stole it. But I was busy killing the writer at the time, and I haven't stolen it yet, so I can't really copy it for you..."

"No matter. It will come in time." You say, shaking your head....

Sakuya has arrived to announce dinner. It seems you may have taken slightly longer in the summoning than you had intended. Still, with these matters, it is better to be exact and take careful precautions. You set Koakuma to assuring the new batch of Homunculi have sufficient sustenance and hydration before their storage, and quietly alert Sakuya that her assistance will be most appreciated on a matter of culinary expertise.

You still have only a general plan for the students' instruction... well, there doesn't seem to be time to properly outline such a thing any better than you already have, at the moment. You join the assembled dinner guests.

Kirisame is loudly enjoying the meal, of course, and it seems the spider has joined. Unusual, as you have noted her preference to pilfer snacks from the larder and drinks from storage. This time, a number of vegetable courses have been politely supplied for Tewi's selection, and rabbit is not featured among the meal options. It seems that Remi approved enough of the previous display, during testing, to not poke further.

It seems that the only conveniently available seat is at Tewi's side. Well, no matter. You'll take it, and select your own platter.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52924
Huge wall of text here... this is my fault for just reading SoPM.

>>52915
>>52916
>>52919

Spiritual Damage as in, Damage to the Spirit/Soul. With the vagueness of this kind of thing, I should have been more precise. And a shotgun blast to the chest? I don't remember that ever happening, but I don't think it would be so simple with intelligent use of HP magic. Which Voldemort never really showed, but is stated to possess.

I admit that the word Youkai is rather vague (I included Kami, because they're very similar in many respects - Sanae is a human who became a living god). But the mechanics probably have to apply to the entire world - that belief can create and empower entities that represent that belief.

But I think you're looking at the inhabitants of Gensokyo and drawing the wrong conclusion about the power required to become a supernatural being. Most of the youkai in Gensokyo aren't that strong. Likewise, in the outside world, youkai are weakened (but not completely destroyed) by the active disbelief - which would impair Voldemort if he was one. Him being a Youkai Magician (which isn't a strictly eastern thing - Patchouli is European) wouldn't necessarily mean anything more than that he has the very uninformative [Youkai] subtype, so to speak.

Going by some of the information in SoPM - and my interpretation of it, which may well be wrong - youkai don't even need much belief to create - they're made and fade away at any time someone imparts faith into an idea (such as "why can I never find my keys?"). They fade away because they have no identity that allows them to exist after the loss of faith. But if a Youkai was originally an animal or a human (or is given an independent identity), then they revert to that original form instead of disappearing.

It's (all) pure speculation, but if Voldemort discovered that enough fear and belief could aid in the path to immortality - then in addition to horcruxes it doesn't seem unlikely that he would pursue it. It offers a decent reason for him to waste time with magical terrorism - to secure/reinforce/augment some of his power.

Well, it's not even at the level of a pet theory. But I think it fits well with the meshing of settings.

>>52918

There are multiple schools in England - but I don't know how many. Reference is Neville worrying about being sent to a lesser school.

I also think that the fear of a hundred thousand beings is pretty substantial - even before talking about them being magical beings in their own rights. If an important percentage of the faith/fear that sustains Youkai/Kami in Gensokyo comes from the humans living there, then even the fear of a few thousand might suffice.

We're used to thinking in terms of millions - but Youkai didn't come into existence from millions of people in concert. Towns with their own stories, mountains with their own demons.

>>52919

As far as powers-he-knows-not, that's clearly the Best End.
>> No. 52925
[x] Enjoy dinner.
[x] If you're brave enough, ask Remi why she set you back an hour or so by killing your servant.
[x] Make conversation with Tewi and Marisa, and find out if they have done anything of note on their side of things.
[x] After dinner, ask/inform Sakuya of the goods that you may need.

Ok, I know I'm going to get torn to shreds for this but,
[x] After dinner, check up on Patchurri and Rachel, and any other experiments you actually care for.
-[x] If they haven not been fed yet, remember to feed them, as it would be a bother to have to ... dispose of them... due to noise/complaints later.
[x] You need to keep that spider fed, don't you?

I could care less about the other Yu's, but Rachel is dear to my heart. Also, Yamane's still trapped in the SDM reading to the Yu's right?
>> No. 52926
>>52923

Ugh. Patchouli obviously wasn't thorough enough with the contract if Koakuma can get away with that kind of report.

[]After eating, get Koakuma to write a proper report detailing her activities and the loose ends she undoubtedly left lying around. Her airhead act is almost insulting.


...I cannot for the life of me remember what we did last as Patchouli. I'll have to check the old threads.

[]Use the dinner guests as a sounding board. Tewi, with her long and varied life, has likely been in a position such as yours - or has some wisdom to offer. On the inverse, Marisa, being a young and erratic human would probably have her own insight into the efficiency of your proposed lessons.
>> No. 52927
>>52926
Heh. That's a good idea with Marisa.

I can totally see this alternate omake:

Patchy: Marisa, if you had magic, but no knowledge at all on how to use it, what would you want to learn first for Defense?

Marisa: Well, just what Mima taught me, Stars and Lasers, Ze!
>> No. 52928
>It seems that the only conveniently available seat is at Tewi's side.
That's some good luck~
>> No. 52929
>>52924
The shotgun thing comes from an interview with J.K. Rowling, where she said that in a fight between Voldemort with his wand and a muggle with a shotgun, the muggle with a shotgun would come out on top.

Magician youkai are either descendants of magician youkai or humans who have gone under one specific magical process for immortality, and it's very different from whatever Voldemort's doing. Considering that Yuki, Mai and Alice all inhabited Makai and Byakuren was sealed in it, I'd speculate that that process is Makaian in origin. Also, while the concepts behind the term are universal, the term "youkai" is culture-bound, and it feels wrong to me to use it to refer to someone as English as Voldemort.

While some youkai are based on faith, others are not, as evidenced by Muse and Yuuka's ability to exist in the Seihou world. Since magician youkai don't come into existence because of faith but because of their own actions, they are probably faith-independent.

Also, while people are afraid of Voldemort, they also know and believe that he's human. That's not going to help him become anything other than human.

>>52919
"Love Sign" has nothing to do with actual love, it's a moniker Marisa uses for stolen patterns.
And Harry Potter doesn't seem to have exceptional power or skill in magic, just guts.

So please do not try giving him anything resembling Marisa's powers. I've seen this end very, very badly.
>> No. 52930
>>52929
True, true, but we've only heard of him through conversations with the various inhabitants of the isles, all of which have been biased. All we know is that their skills are minimal, and have been declining through a lack of training. And compared to Gensokyo, everyone is weak. I'm speculating as what could happen.

Also, I threw that out there mainly for a joke. Granted, considering that the master spark is releasing an "annihilation of love", it could possibly count, depending on interpretation. Is it the same thing as the power of love? I highly doubt.

Furthermore, I agree with you pretty much. I don't want insane 'da ze' Harry, with him becoming an expy of Marisa. She only got to where she is after years of hard, nearly constant study and practice. Even if he did, he'd have no realistic chance of catching up.

Granted, I'll admit that I'm interested in seeing the two interact (right behind wanting to see Koa and her great-grandson), but if there is a risk of something like that happening, I'll decline.

Besides, PatchyQuest is Patchy's Quest, so I suppose I'm going off the rails a bit with my rambling.
>> No. 52931
Um... Are y'all going to vote? There's only been 2 votes so far, and I'm one of them. It's not like Kahi will write the next snippet with only two votes on the board, right?
>> No. 52932
Vote combining for maximum effect.

[x] Enjoy dinner.
[x] If you're brave enough, ask Remi why she set you back an hour or so by killing your servant.
[x] Use the dinner guests as a sounding board. Tewi, with her long and varied life, has likely been in a position such as yours - or at least has some wisdom to offer. On the inverse, Marisa, being a young and erratic human would probably have her own insight into the efficiency of your proposed lessons.

[x] After dinner...
-[x] Ask/inform Sakuya of the goods that you may need.
-[x] Get Koakuma to write a proper report detailing her activities and the loose ends she undoubtedly left lying around. Her airhead act is almost insulting.
>> No. 52933
>>52931
Knew I forgot something...

[x] Enjoy dinner.
[x] If you're brave enough, ask Remi why she set you back an hour or so by killing your servant.
[x] Use the dinner guests as a sounding board. Tewi, with her long and varied life, has likely been in a position such as yours - or at least has some wisdom to offer. On the inverse, Marisa, being a young and erratic human would probably have her own insight into the efficiency of your proposed lessons.
[x] After dinner...
-[x] Get Koakuma to write a proper report detailing her activities and the loose ends she undoubtedly left lying around. Her airhead act is almost insulting.
>> No. 52934
>>52929

I agree with you on most points, but for the origin of Magicians and partially about Voldemort being human, therefore any fear isn't transformative.

Youkai is a really awkward term for vagueness and origin, but I can't think of one that ditches the eastern baggage and retains the specific details. Perhaps something like Fey - but that's still dicey. Spiritual Being? Magical Being?

On the Voldemort side - and it's a really minor quibble - *assuming* he knew the mechanics, then making his legend be about being the darkest wizard ever, who threw away his humanity with rituals - that should still work. If his *arbitrary magic ritual* only required *fear* then that would dodge it as well. Of course, at this point, while I think they're reasonable straws to pull I am willing to concede the point. But even if he isn't a Youkai, he has cast his humanity aside and is not human.

As for Magicians, going from PMiSS (the generic Magician article isn't very useful) it doesn't mention any connection to Makai. I could see Makai being even more of a centre for mystic knowledge than Gensokyo though. Diabolism is one of the classical methods of pursuing immortality.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Magician
>> No. 52935
>>52934

Ugh, sorry I forgot to rewrite the first sentence.

"partially about Voldemort being human. Any simple fear or legend he creates while known as a human would not cause a transformation - especially in a society where deified humans are not prominent."
>> No. 52936
[x] Enjoy dinner.
[x] If you're brave enough, ask Remi why she set you back an hour or so by killing your servant. You may be functionally immortal, and the resummon is simple enough, but you only have so much time before calss begins.
[x] Use the dinner guests as a sounding board. Tewi, with her long and varied life, has likely been in a position such as yours - or at least has some wisdom to offer. On the inverse, Marisa, being a young and erratic human would probably have her own insight into the efficiency of your proposed lessons.
[x] After dinner...
-[x] Get Koakuma to write a proper report detailing her activities and the loose ends she undoubtedly left lying around. Her airhead act is almost insulting.
[x] If there's time, check up on Rachel.

Koa didn't really disobey us though, as she did honestly answer our question. Patchy just didn't have enough time to question her further.
>> No. 52937
File 133617353770.jpg - (143.56KB, 850x853, sample-85ed98270f80b36906dec93ac11af740.jpg) [iqdb]
52937
"I'm curious." You say, between mouthfuls of what seems to be some sort of flavorfully seasoned turnip dish. "Why you decided my assistant needed to die."

"Uhu...? I simply felt the strong urge to kill her, all of a sudden." Is Remi's reply.

"You had no reason, then."

"Perhaps it was her fate, to die at that time...?"

"Preparations to summon her again are reasonably extensive. You know that full well." You point out. "And so, you simply wasted a span of my time with no reason or excuse, then."

"Come. You wouldn't begrudge an old friend such a small trifle?"

"I feel the sudden, strong urge to set your body alight."

"With desire~?"

"With fire."

"Foo."

"It would be no permanent trouble to you. Only leaving you with a span of time wasted, as you restore yourself. You wouldn't begrudge an old friend such a small trifle?"

"Kukuku~ And you'll turn my words against me, now?" Remi purrs. "If you wish, we can always settle matters properly between us~"

"For the moment, I would simply wish assurance that you won't, again, waste the time it takes to summon her anew without reasonable cause. There is only so much of it remaining before my employment begins in earnest, and there are other matters that could have filled that span."

Remilia chuckles, and returns her attention to her food and wine.

It does not escape you that she does not promise you anything of the sort.

"... In any case. Kirisame, Tewi... if you would indulge me, I would like your opinion on teaching Magicians that barely grasp how to tie their own shoes, much less the breadth and extent of their own power, how to defend themselves properly."

".... Eh, can't be much different from training a platoon of soldiers for battle." Tewi muses. "The important thing there is... fear. You have to keep discipline, and keep them in line, and the best way to do that is to keep them afraid. Not of the enemy, and not of dying in battle, but afraid of what you'll do to 'em if they don't get out there, keep in formation, and use their spears properly. You gotta be a tough drill sergeant, and can't be afraid to knock some skulls together if they get out of line-"

"Hey. Hey now." Kirisame interrupts. "That might be well and good for soldiers, but we're talking magicians here. We don't need any of that. You can pretty much just teach something that'll put enough hurt on the other guy that people'll think twice about picking a fight, point at the right books, and leave the kids to it, and everything'll work out fine."

"Yeah, you're just gonna assume everyone has that kind of personal drive, there?" Tewi replies. "Nah, won't work that way. The kids'll mostly do what they have to, then screw around with their free time, if left alone. You gotta run them into the ground, here, all day of every day."

"No, just throw them at a hungry youkai now and again." Marisa argues. "Either they've studied enough on their own that it's not a big deal, or they get eaten and you don't have to worry about teaching them any more. They knew the risks when they signed up."

You cough dryly.

"First, I don't believe that such devoted militaristic efforts will be quite suitable. While I am in charge of their instruction, I am not the only one who will be in charge of their instruction, and I do not believe the other instructors will take particularly kindly to my... ah, occupy their every waking moment, when they have other matters they want the students to attend to." You point out. "At the same time, though your own proposal has its appeal, being as I am somewhat liable for their well-being, I cannot simply pit the students against an enemy that intends them serious and honest harm without being reasonably confident, first, that there will most likely be no injuries that cannot be easily repaired."

You recieve a pair of similar shrugs from the pair. It's somewhat unfortunate, but it seems like neither of their suggestions will quite do.

Dinner conversation thereafter shifts to more standard and uninteresting topics, and after a time you excuse yourself, having sated what hunger remained.

Koakuma's vague reply was... not unexpected, certainly. You did not, after all, order a specific and detailed report. You merely asked in passing if she had noticed anything that you might take an interest in.

With the Homunculi now more or less prepared for storage, however, you can give that order, and set her down to making a note of every last detail of the period of time spent outside of your contract with her. It will, of course, take several hours to properly write out, and by the time of its completion you will no doubt be asleep. A matter for the morning.

Though, to be honest, you bear some mild dread of having to endure the relation of the details of whatever psycopathic infatuation she managed to pick up over the intervening period. Still, it doesn't seem like there's much help for it.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52938
[x] Has the Spider and the Yukkuri's been fed?
[x] Might as well ask Koa to write that report while you're asleep. She did mention a "Sword" and "Thesis" you'd be interested in after all... maybe the British Wizarding World isn't as barren of talent as you thought.
[x] Start planning your lessons, and thinking about what scheduling slots would suit you best. -[x] As your health is quite good right now, you should probably start furnishing your lecture hall.

More may be added once I finish re-reading patchy quest.
>> No. 52939
[x] Has the Spider and the Yukkuri's been fed?
[x] Might as well ask Koa to write that report while you're asleep. She did mention a "Sword" and "Thesis" you'd be interested in after all... maybe the British Wizarding World isn't as barren of talent as you thought.
[x] Start planning your lessons, and thinking about what scheduling slots would suit you best. -
[x] As your health is quite good right now, you should probably start furnishing your lecture hall.
[x] Joke vote if you have a bodied reimu set up a small shrine to see if she cares for it better than the real one
>> No. 52940
>>52938
>>52939
The Spider? As in yamame? She was at dinner with us, just not mentioned. I'd assume the Yukkuri are fed in the background as well.

[x] Might as well ask Koa to write that report while you're asleep. She did mention a "Sword" and "Thesis" you'd be interested in after all... maybe the British Wizarding World isn't as barren of talent as you thought.
[x] Start planning your lessons, and thinking about what scheduling slots would suit you best. -
[x] As your health is quite good right now, you should probably start furnishing your lecture hall.

Does Koa need sleep? She does right? I feel a bit bad for making her stay up the whole night doing this if so. Maybe it's because of the recent characterization.
>> No. 52941
[x] Might as well ask Koa to write that report while you're asleep. She did mention a "Sword" and "Thesis" you'd be interested in after all...the British Wizarding World is probably still almost as barren of talent as you thought, but it can't hurt to check.
[x] Start planning your lessons, and thinking about what scheduling slots would suit you best.
[x] As your health is quite good right now, you should probably start furnishing your lecture hall.
[x] When you're tired, go to sleep.
>> No. 52942
The summoner apparated through the Anti-apparation wards.
>> No. 52943
>>52942

The wards were located belowdecks, no on the entire ship.
>> No. 52944
From what I can see, we need to do these things, note, Can be wrong, as I only skimmed the previous Patchy Quest threads. (Discounting Marisa, Remi, and Koa quests, Patchy quest alone is already past 160,000 words, so Don't blame me for messing things up, lol). Some of this is from a previous post by someone else, I forgot where though.

Before School Begins
- Find some manner of defending the library while out.
- 'Discuss' the schedule with others teachers (will happen during last two days, time it will take unknown)
- Plan lessons (Also: What would be the ideal times for Patchy, and what would be her "backup times" for the negotiation?)
- Obtain Gifts (in progress)
- If a lecture hall is to be made, better be ready for Earth day. Ideally, since we won't need it after this year, we should ask Albus where it could be made and if he has any specifications for it (beside our need that it should be able to house a whole year's worth of students). If needed, can always mention this could help balance the 'salary' further, if it didn't pass smoothly.
- Interview Pomphrey.
- Furnish our tower.
- Meet the other faculty members.
- Inform the other members of Gensokyo (Moriya, Tengu, Kappa, Eintei, ect. About the newcomers. Did we get confirmation on just what is "Gensokyo"? From what I understand, the Touhou wiki considers the Underworld (despite being Gensokyo's underground), Hakogorou, and Sanzu River as "Outside of Gensokyo" : Explanation: the Road of Reconsideration is already a "Blurred boundary point", and the Sanzu River is "accessible by", but not truly a part of, Gensokyo, though the Road of Liminality is.)
- Discuss/decide disciplinary matters with Dumbledore, and talk to him about how to warn/deter students from the portals.
>> No. 52945
>>52944

I can't think of anything else we need to do. However, I believe the last two points are the ones we need to accomplish first. We don't want to have the students wandering into Gensokyo and nobody knows what's going on. Come to think of it, we should think up an excuse as to where these portals lead, and what to do if a student finds out the truth. (I remember her telling Dumbledore something to the effect of the mansion being in a large wilderness area, with lots of dangerous beasts. Not quite sure though.) I have to imagine that Yukari would be amused by that happening, and would let us deal with it until it becomes a major problem. And we don't want the wizards getting any funny ideas.

Next would possibly be defending the library, again of which I can't remember if we've discussed. Since this seems to mostly be protect it from Marisa, what would be the best option here?

Everything else is of lesser importance. We will have time to sit down and finish our plans for study, and we truly can not finalize them until we meet with the other teachers and discuss time slots, and from there finish plans. Gifts are important, but only not so much as to distract us from our other priorities. Pomfrey will be consulted with when we meet the rest of the staff, most likely. Unless we have time to seek her out? The lecture hall also could probably wait til we speak with the professors, as we might not even need it for a week or so. But then again, I've forgotten what day it was, so maybe the day of Earth will be too far out to wait for the one after.

And furnishing would probably be lowest priority. But I'm sure we could task a rabbit with something such as that, as long as we ask nicely?
>> No. 52946
>>52945
Dumbledore was basically thinking "don't underestimate my students". Patchy only said that the world she lived in was "Inhospitable to outsiders". Dumbles, and the rest of the wizarding world for that matter, only think Gensokyo to be as dangerous as the Forbidden Forest at the worst, at least, that's how I saw it.

As long as Marisa is under our employ, she won't try to do anything, so we've gotten a nice break there, and can delay the defenses or make it less of a priority. At the same time we need to also consider that making any security adjustments while Marisa is there only gives her more time and information to learn about your improvements which will be used inevitably to circumvent them again.

Frankly, to me, Discipline would be the main problem. There's no way Patchy has (with only point deductions) enough power to assert over the students just what they need to do not to die by Portal, Magic, or their own stupidity. Patchy needs a display, or some sort of aura/enforcer/enforcement, like Fake-Moody did early on to establish that she is not to be messed with. And she needs to get it through to Dumbles and the students just how far she is willing to go.

The gifts will be coming up soon, I believe, and therefore should be sourced and prepared quickly.

I'm more interested in finalizing everything on the Gensokyo side, though, as it is both something that is needed to be done, and is most efficiently done as soon as possible, as the earlier you alert everyone, the earlier they can start finding the portals.

On the other hand, just because the Gensokyo residents know that portals may be dropping your students around the land doesn't stop them from killing them out of annoyance or going through the portals themselves, but at least the greater powers will try to stop anything bad from happening.

Also: I'd really like to know just what are the limits of "gensokyo" as Yukari mentioned, and what time period Gensokyo is in (Definitely post SA, but is it post TD?).
>> No. 52947
Okay guys...

>- Inform the other members of Gensokyo (Moriya, Tengu, Kappa, Eintei, ect. About the newcomers. Did we get confirmation on just what is "Gensokyo"? From what I understand, the Touhou wiki considers the Underworld (despite being Gensokyo's underground), Hakogorou, and Sanzu River as "Outside of Gensokyo" : Explanation: the Road of Reconsideration is already a "Blurred boundary point", and the Sanzu River is "accessible by", but not truly a part of, Gensokyo, though the Road of Liminality is.)

Eientei was taken care of by Tewi. As for the others locations... You do realize this may make them intentionally seek out portals? Only one that could be safe to warn too is Moriya, but Patchouli don't really know them, so...

>- If a lecture hall is to be made, better be ready for Earth day. Ideally, since we won't need it after this year, we should ask Albus where it could be made and if he has any specifications for it (beside our need that it should be able to house a whole year's worth of students). If needed, can always mention this could help balance the 'salary' further, if it didn't pass smoothly.

Lecture Hall is already constructed. This was done just before we started Remi Quest.

>As long as Marisa is under our employ

Marisa will be free soon after the term starts. However, as we can freely go between Hogwarts and the Library, the issue isn't as bad as when we started thinking about it. As stated before, we just need to 'visit' Marisa on an healthy day if we want them back.

>Patchy needs a display

The duel, remember? Since it will be set for when the students will be here, no doubts they'll be watching.

As for lessons plans, we already decided that first week will at least be devoted to testing current level, for anyone not first year students.
>> No. 52949
>>52947

>>52945 here

Thanks for the reminder on the lecture hall and plans for the first week, I'll admit I had forgotten. Is what I get for skimming through the whole thing instead of taking the time to read the threads again. The only thing I meant about the plans was to wait until we could find out exactly what times we would be able to acquire before setting anything in concrete. But since we've time as you said, not nearly as much as anything to worry about.

As for Marisa, I'd agree that she is the only threat. But it'd be better for us to try and find some way to make a deal with her. After all, there is still that crush. Does she steal from the library solely for the books, or perhaps a bit for the attention of Patchouli? I'd be hesitant to use the crush to try and get her to stop, instead appealing to her competitive nature. After all, if Patchy isn't there to defend her books, it just wouldn't be the same? And you are right, we just need a good day if we want to retrieve them. Just remember, we'll have to think outside the box. Marisa won't be caught off guard twice.

There are a few more places to inform than just Moriya, though. You could inform the entire mountain, as Shizuha, Minoriko, Hina, and the kappa are outright friendly to humans. They'd be more than eager to help protect wayward students. The tengu are not quite as open, but they aren't hostile to humans, and they're not going to eat the students. Furthermore, it might be even more prudent to inform the tengu, so they don't assume they are being invaded by human wizards in the night. Paranoia and all. Besides, Aya might help for an interview once everything is over. The only difference between her and Skeeter is that one is a bird brained, gossip driven vulture, and the other is a tengu. Poor students might be traumatized, but they'd be safe.

Keine and Reimu need to know also, considering they're the guardians of humans in general (don't remember if we told either yet, so forgive me if I'm redundant) The Netherworld isn't too hostile (although don't tell Yuyuko about Veela). The underground would be extremely hostile, yet Satori might be able to help any that wander down there. Yuuka... forget I said anything. More importantly, we need to be specific about which portals to block off. The ones that exit out into the middle of the Forest of Magic, or the Garden of the Sun, or elsewhere there is wild magic need to be closed. But if a portal takes them to a 'safe' area (currently defining for myself as Human Village, SDM, Eientei, Mayohiga, and Youkai Mountain proper for a given value of safe, i.e. not too bad), it can be left open to concentrate on others.

The biggest concern would be to keep the most dangerous Youkai out of England. From off the top of my head, besides unnamed youkai, I'd believe keeping Yuuka, Medicine, Rumia, and the rest of 9balls so they don't tell Rumia. This is discounting any PC-98s, and I've probably missed a few. We don't want to come in one morning to find Draco Malfoy Colin Creevey a character that is sympathetic half-eaten, with a note pinned on them saying "Is that so~".

I'm kidding about Colin there
>> No. 52950
>Kappa are outright friendly to humans

Um... No, they're not. According to Symposium of Post Mysticism, (on Nitori),

>Deep in her heart she seems to look down on humans and other youkai, and she's terrible at hiding it. [...] If you get close she'll pull you into the river and extract your shirikodama. Humans that have their shirikodama extracted die. Because there's a ferociously brutal part you should be careful.

On the Tengu, I highly agree, especially because they have a literal army of information-gatherers and guards, all able to mobilize and catch intruders at the first sign.

On telling the underground and the netherworld: Do we really need to? Are those even a part of Gensokyo? If the Netherworld and Underground are considered parts of Gensokyo, don't we also need to worry about Makai and Sanzu/Higan?

Your point on the Garden of the Sun and other "danger zones" is very, very good though. We also need to tell Moukou (in case Tewi doesn't) and, in fact, may need to just call Eintei a danger zone because of rampant Dinosaurs that Shoot Lasers When They Roar.

We've already told Reimu and Keine, though I'm not sure if Marisa knows yet.

Also: from a re-read of the description of the tokens, I think that all 6 tokens are enough to close all the gaps, and that when Yukari (inevitably) makes new gaps, those tokens will not work and we'll need to beg/barter/buy new ones from her, just because she's a troll.
>> No. 52951
>>52949

>>52947 here. You're one of those that sometimes makes me wonder how many readers actually bother to remember the story they read. No offense intended, but...

>Keine and Reimu need to know
They already know.

>After all, if Patchy isn't there to defend her books, it just wouldn't be the same?
Remember when Patchouli went Outside with Tewi and Marisa came by to steal books?

Also,

>the kappa are outright friendly to humans
Go check the new info on Nitori. Telling kappas would not be as great an idea as it look.

As for others youkais, I still believe it would be better to only inform them if a portal appear near them. I fully believe some would see this as an opportunity and trample on our efforts to limit the use of the portals. I also believe this would also spread word on to others youkais that would, again, actively search for them to cause trouble.

Aya? I see her making an article out of it.

As for portals, we'll deal with them as they appear. What you said is nothing new.
>> No. 52952
>>52950
>Also: from a re-read of the description of the tokens, I think that all 6 tokens are enough to close all the gaps, and that when Yukari (inevitably) makes new gaps, those tokens will not work and we'll need to beg/barter/buy new ones from her, just because she's a troll.

Nope. 6 portals total. One token blocks passage from one way to another. Thus, to completely seal a portal, we need 2 tokens. 12 ways, 6 tokens. We need to plan this as they appear.
>> No. 52953
>>52951

None really taken. I suppose I might just read too many stories, and I apologize for being so redundant.

I had forgotten about the symposium, as the last time I had checked, it hadn't been translated. And I don't really trust google translate. But the new kappa seems... Well, it's more in the traditional line of kappa, I suppose. I'll take heart in the fact that Akyuu is an unreliable narrator, as it is an in-universe compendium. It doesn't quite mess with her reasoning according to her MoF profile for chasing the humans away. But it's irrelevant for now, so I'll digress.

I'll be honest, I didn't remember about Tewi and Marisa stealing books together. Odd, but... I suppose I'll be rereading the whole story for a third time before offering opinions again. I apparently have forgotten too much.
>> No. 52954
File 133635098789.jpg - (238.58KB, 850x1200, sample-0c9b1a78ff5e0e064c3839a77b00ad8d.jpg) [iqdb]
52954
You issue the command, in spite of your own misgivings. If there's something of worth to be known, of course, then it would be worth trudging through the devil's sordid fantasies of mutilation and depravity.

And if not, then of course you can always just summon her again, later. You doubt that, of course. No matter your opinion of the current crop of wet-behind-the-ears students, you would be a fool to simply presume entire hidden cities and villages worth of magicians to be thoroughly incompetent.

And even the least competent magician, so long as they bear any talent whatsoever, can be an incredibly dangerous opponent.

As to the details of your lesson plans... for the moment, you've still only determined the generalities. The first lesson meeting being to determine the approximate levels of skill and ability of the students, and thereafter dealing with scaling up the lessons, tailored to a suitable level of opposition.

On that note, locating suitably varied levels of opposition might be a good use of time, though you'll have to put more thought into it.

In any case, the very first thing the youngest bracket of students should set themselves toward is the art of retreat in the face of superior force....

As to time brackets, a period immediately following a meal would be preferable. Naturally, as this slot would be superior for essentially any class, you can expect such blocks of time to be highly contested. The period immediately before a meal, by contrast, is undesirable as it will leave you devoting more of your effort to keeping the whelps' attention. Aside from that, you have to determine which level of students would be required to meet on which day...

... For now, you'll sleep on it. The rabbit wandered off at some point after dinner, and you're beginning to grow weary from the day.

---

The day is Aug 29, 3 days to term.
It is Monday, Day of the Moon
-- Yamame, Medicine Backlash -7
Your health level is 48/100. You've had worse days. Which isn't by any means saying that you would consider today 'good'.

---

Somehow, you don't feel particularly well rested as you heave yourself out of bed. No matter. Discomfort should pass once the momentum of the day has set in....

Ah, and that report is prepared.

As suspected, a great deal of it seems to be focused on... you would suspect this to be the grandfather of the Potter soon to be in your care. It's a sordid and unpleasant tale, to be sure. But then, Koakuma is so far removed from general senses of 'morality' that, some times, it seems like she's simply ignoring it, while there are others where you would almost suspect that she simply doesn't quite grasp that people do not, in general, enjoy being violated and mutilated to any degree. Well, it's not really any of your concern either way, and you don't really have any interest in pursuing the matter.

The thesis seems to be of some interest, if only as proof that progress does occur, even if it should be stamped out for occuring too soon, or stolen by those who wish to be the sole beneficiary of such progress. Neither of which is unexpected, in perfect honesty.

As to the blade...

It does seem to be a curious artifact, going by Koakuma's depiction and description of it. A powerful weapon, to be sure. You could probably make some similar weapon, given a few months time to devote solely to the effort, but...

... well, it's not really a measuring stick to judge the quality of another magician by. You have the advantage, after all, of having already gathered to yourself a vast repository of arcane knowledge. You would only need to assemble the required reference texts in advance, and so have a minimal amount of time required to place all of the desired enchantments. Given that you assume that much of the time involved in creating the blade's enhancements was spent in determining how to create such enchantments, whether by locating tomes with instructions or through the more painstaking measures of working out new means of his own volition.

Still, it re-affirms the basic concept. Novice magic-users might be negligible, but after a few years, and then once fully grown and given time to devote to private studies and pursuits, they are clear and distinct threats. Even if they are going to die of old age at some point.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52956
>>52949
The only potentially dangerous nonhuman PC-98 characters in Gensokyo are Shingyoku, Mima, Kana Anaberal, Orange, Kurumi, and maybe Sara. Everyone else is either human, friendly towards humans, or not in Gensokyo proper.
>> No. 52958
>>52953
>I'll be honest, I didn't remember about Tewi and Marisa stealing books together.

When the hell did I say that? I said Patchouli went out with Tewi. Meanwhile, Marisa flew in and stole books, easily dealing with Koakuma.

[x] Think about how you should test the students. You can apply varying amount of fairies. You could also test the older students yourself. Is there anything else on hand?
-[x] Maybe Yamame could be interested in a workout, so long as she hold back on the more vicious sicknesses.
[x] Prepare bribes. Sakuya should be informed of the food items, even if they only have to be prepared for tomorrow for them to be fresh. You may need to go out to buy the rest.
-[x] Perhaps Kourindou has batteries?

Okay guys, we don't have to do that much today. How about we avoid tomorrow's backlash by not taking medecine to be in a better form?
>> No. 52959
[x] Take your medicine.
I'll figure out more to add later. Just making sure we remember this.
>> No. 52961
[x] Think about how you should test the students. You can apply varying amount of fairies. You could also test the older students yourself. Is there anything else on hand?
-[x] Maybe Yamame could be interested in a workout, so long as she hold back on the more vicious sicknesses.
[x] Prepare bribes. Sakuya should be informed of the food items, even if they only have to be prepared for tomorrow for them to be fresh. You may need to go out to buy the rest.
-[x] Perhaps Kourindou has batteries?
[x] Decide if you are to inform the Tengu, Moriya, Myoren, and Taoists of the portals and ask for their help today.
-[x] If no, then do not take your medicine and tend to your experiments.
-[x] If yes, then take your medicine and prepare for an outing.
>> No. 52963
[x] Don't take your medicine.
[x] Think about how you should test the students. You could apply varying amounts of fairies. You could also test the older students yourself. Is there anything else on hand?
-[x] Maybe Yamame would be interested in a workout, so long as she held back from using more vicious sicknesses.
[x] Prepare bribes. Sakuya should be informed of the food items, even if they only have to be prepared tomorrow to be fresh. You may need to go out to buy the rest.
-[x] Perhaps Kourindou has batteries?
[x] Decide if you are to inform the Tengu, Moriya, Myouren, and Taoists of the portals and ask for their help today.
-[x] If no, then tend to your experiments.
-[x] If yes, then prepare for an outing.

Once again: the medicine treats the symptoms, not the disease. Taking it every day is like taking cough syrup to "cure" a cold - it only makes you feel better in the short term, and eventually becomes useless as your body builds up a resistance to it.

>>52949
>The only difference between her and Skeeter is that one is a bird brained, gossip driven vulture, and the other is an animagus.
Fixed that for ya.
>> No. 52965
[x]Take the medicine.
[x] Think about how you should test the students. You could apply varying amounts of fairies. You could also test the older students yourself. Is there anything else on hand?
-[x] Maybe Yamame would be interested in a workout, so long as she held back from using more vicious sicknesses.
[x] Prepare bribes. Sakuya should be informed of the food items, even if they only have to be prepared tomorrow to be fresh. You may need to go out to buy the rest.
-[x] Perhaps Kourindou has batteries?
[x] Decide if you are to inform the Tengu, Moriya, Myouren, and Taoists of the portals and ask for their help today.
-[x] If no, then tend to your experiments.
-[x] If yes, then prepare for an outing.

I thought we already had decided that the medicine is all around a good choice, and some statanon back then ran some statistics tests that proved that the medicine was actually making the base rolls higher (a mean value of 60 something instead of the standar 50). Somebody should verify that, tho.
>> No. 52966
[x]Take medicine
--Math Anon's been over this, and we're below average anyway. We're not going to hit the 90's again because the spider's manipulating the illness, remember?
[x]Finish lesson plans, including how you plan to examine if they meet your expectations.
--And no, "pass/die" doesn't count.
>> No. 52967
Allow me to point out what is wrong with Math Anon's logic: Health roll IS NOT affected by yesterday's health. So the stats? Burn them, because randomness is not controlled nor does it follow rules.

The only things that affect rolls that we know are luck, hot springs and backlash. Right now, taking medecine without good reason is just going to makes health lower the next day.
>> No. 52968
[x] Take medicine.

For the last fucking time, Eirin said to.
>> No. 52969
>>52967
Over large sample sizes, randomness obeys the law of averages.

It looks like Kahi wants us to make the lesson plans, so I took a stab at it. It's very much in progress, and I'll finish it at some point. If you have suggestions or want to do it yourself, please feel free to.

[x] Take medicine.
[x] Continue with regular measurments of the experiment. The more data you record, the more you can learn from your notes when you go over them eventually.
[x] Write letters to sympathetic factions about possible lost students.
[x] Work on lesson plans, by year:
-[x] When to run, then basic self-defense.
-[x] Basic offense. Weak hostile creatures, preferably ones the students are likely to find.
-[x] Defense of younger students from weak, unorganized enemies. Intermediate defense.
-[x] Intermediate offense.
-[x] Defense against Legilimency.
-[x] Expert offense.
-[x]
-[x] The O.W.L. and N.E.W.T. materials for each year, plus some mixing of the years since each class hasn't learned the previous one's lessons already, should fill in the gaps.
>> No. 52970
[x] Take your medicine
>> No. 52971
The general idea of this is to model it around the expectations, but ignore the endless useless crap (stunning AND disarming AND binding AND leg-locking AND body-locking all in the same year?) and poor utilisation of ability.
Perhaps stop another generation of wizards from existing who think that ignorance is a virtue.

Practical
Environmental Threats: Terrain, magical locations, curses and countercurses. Basically knowledge of "traps". Not just about defeating them, because it ties into strategy.

Combat: Pretty obvious. But not just blasting. Battlefield control, combat application of other subjects. Don't waste time learning twenty spells that follow the same structure (and are stopped in the same way) and have slightly different but equivalent effects. Still teach the standard types - just not the redundant ones.
Little that becomes useless at a higher level - the first spells they learn will be the ones they automatically depend on later in life.
Given Patchouli's speciality elemental magic seems appropriate - it has a wide range of effects that work in different ways. It's also uncommon, which gives it an edge.

Theoretical
Tactics: Even if this amounts to "Homework: Defeat this animated chessboard". But really, tactics, along with keeping cool and learning the correct ways of thinking.

Strategy: Defeat this Go board. Why knowledge is power. Planning, preparation and all that stuff what wins more than just the next fight. I'm wondering if it's possible to get Binns to teach something useful - he does goblin rebellions IIRC, so asking (making) him focus on the technical details would help.

Bestiary: Not just for learning about "level-appropriate" encounters - because it's not a realistic outcome. Learning broad swaths of abilities (that are level-appropriate) - what monsters can do, rather than just what THIS monster can do.
This includes Wizards - learning about the general things a wizard can do and how they do it. Their limitations (logical thinking) and weaknesses (bullets, apparently).
Youkai won't be hard to incorporate with this approach.
No essays should ever mention grindylow reproductive cycles - for example - unless they're actually dangerous.

All should have mention given of further reading or appropriate private practice. Points awarded for personal initiative (if successful) and infighting or irresponsibility is punished severely.

First years are around 11 - they're young, not stupid. Allowances for magical power and childishness, so the magics that require maturity in application (overtly lethal things) are taught at a later date. Nobody seems to care if the DADA professor actually teaches, so as long as the core HP magic is taught (the stuff that is actually useful) I doubt there will be any worthy complaints except about the workload - which I reckon would be intense but doable.

HP magic may well be tiered, so a spell a first year can cast is never as good as a fifth year spell with the same effect - and that cannot be cast by a first year for some reason. Which is awkward and leads to immense spell lists with huge redundancy (like a DnD wizard with at-will magic and without the Player to think clearly for the Character) so that would require some attention.
>> No. 52972
>>52971
Yes. Now if I could turn that into a vote without losing anything, I'd totally do that.
>> No. 52973
>>52969
>Over large sample sizes, randomness obeys the law of averages.

It is true... depending on what you're observing.

You honestly believe a dice roll can be predicted from such laws?
>> No. 52974
>>52973
You seem to be discounting the value of the science of statistics in analyzing and predicting randomness. Please stop that. While you can't predict what precisely a random number will be, you can predict generally what it will be, and just because it's random doesn't mean it's evenly distributed. For example, if I roll three six-sided dice, the result's much more likely to be 10 or 11 than it is to be 3 or 18. Try it. Roll 3 dice a lot of times, and record your results.

About the medicine roll...

Taking it every day means that we'll have an on-average higher health than we would if we didn't take it every day. Because the medicine takes away only half the health that it gives each day, taking it every day means that we get an average boost to health equal to half the average medicine roll.

I think Yamame's making the HP be a bell curve. So while it's random, it's more likely to be near the center of that bell curve. Taking the medicine every day shifts the center of that bell curve up by a variable, but semipredictable amount.
Not taking the medicine today means we'll not be feeling as good as we could, but we'll be extra good tomorrow for the duel. Since today seems to be lesson-planning day and writing doesn't take too much effort, I will say:

[x] Don't take your medicine yet, but take a dose with you, in case you need it.

[x] Continue with regular measurments of the experiment. The more data you record, the more you can learn from your notes when you go over them eventually. (You might designate one of your subordinates to do this.)

[x] Write letters to sympathetic factions about possible lost students.
-[x] Moriya Shrine.
-[x] That scientist, Yumemi Okazaki.
-[x] Yuyuko.
-[x] Miko's dojo, if it exists yet.
-[x] If she's been unsealed yet, Byakuren Hijiri, but take care to warn her to keep it secret from dangerous youkai at her temple.
-[x] Consider whether Yuuka would go out of a gap and start hunting people if she found one.
-[x] Deliver them by golem or something if possible. Set the golem to destroy the letter if intercepted and report back to you if delivered successfully.

[x] Plan lessons in accordance with >>52971
>> No. 52975
[x] Don't take your medicine.
[x] Think about how you should test the students. You could apply varying amounts of fairies. You could also test the older students yourself. Is there anything else on hand?
>> No. 52976
[x] >>52974 + prepare the various bribes needed for the teachers, checking if Kourindou has batteries.
>> No. 52977
[x]Take the damn medicine
>> No. 52978
The way I see it...

Taking the medicine means we're in better condition today. Not taking it means we're in better condition than that tomorrow.

If we take it easy today, staying at home and writing letters, we're good to not take it today. Are we doing anything tomorrow that's important?

Is the duel tomorrow?

Also, Eirin's working on a more powerful, more permanent cure based on this one, I think? So if we don't have the duel tomorrow we should take the medicine.
>> No. 52979
[x] Take the medicine.

Listen to the doctor - her understanding of medicine is probably better than ours. It's fine and even commendable to consult other doctors and medical practitioners if you're unwilling to trust Eirin's opinion, but ignoring her instructions without doing that is probably unwise.
>> No. 52980
[x] Think about how you should test the students. You can apply varying amount of fairies. You could also test the older students yourself. Is there anything else on hand?
-[x] Maybe Yamame could be interested in a workout, so long as she hold back on the more vicious sicknesses.
[x] Prepare bribes. Sakuya should be informed of the food items, even if they only have to be prepared for tomorrow for them to be fresh. You may need to go out to buy the rest.
-[x] Perhaps Kourindou has batteries?
[x] Decide if you are to inform the Tengu, Moriya, Myoren, and Taoists of the portals and ask for their help today.
-[x] If no, then do not take your medicine and tend to your experiments.
-[x] If yes, then take your medicine and prepare for an outing.

>>52978
Pretty much the summary of how it is really. I think Math Anon looked at it this way too hard.
>> No. 52981
File 133641561767.jpg - (122.49KB, 850x1338, sample_e085bfa127d55c0230c3c4251fded6174f4fc468.jpg) [iqdb]
52981
Fairies and personal tests are, of course, the most immediate possibilities. As you have noted before, of course, there is also the possibility of testing the students against themselves... rather, forming them into teams with distinct objectives and running them through given scenarios. The simplest such case would naturally be to prepare a pitched battle with two sides, in which case victory can only be assigned to the side which drives off or defeats its opposition.

That is, of course, the very simplest such arrangement. Introduction of multiple factions, allies to one side or the other or neutral parties with their own objectives, and potentially hazards such as important but personally defenseless personages to be defended or the introduction of unexpected variables such as opposition declaring malicious intent towards multiple or all other parties...

... Yes, tactics and strategy would very much be a viable field of study. You will have to consider the matter in more depth. The spider...

... Potentially a hazard for the sixth and seventh year students. Provided she is made to understand that while you'll overlook downed combatants being strung up in webs, there is to be no biting. Of any nature.

You drink one of your vials of medication as you think, chest and head pain fading somewhat in the wake of the elixir. +12 = 60/100

Sakuya is already aware of what you will need for tomorrow, and there should be no difficulty in attaining that much. You still need to taint one or both of those bottles of wine, however you decide to go about that, however. And a battery...

... You could pick one up from Outside, certainly, but you venture that there are decent odds that the half-youkai will have one available in his shop. You may wish to check there first. In addition, by now... you aren't sure whether he's given in to that part of his heritage and destroyed the specimen Kirisame noted before, but that might be something to ask after, for personal studies.

... And on that note, Kirisame will no longer be in your employ at month's end. You will have to think of something there as well...

Still. While you've alerted Eientei, the half-beast of the village, and the Hakurei shrine maiden about the Yakumo situation, there are a number of others which you might consider, although... hm.

You do not particularly trust the Moriya Shrine. Newcomers, and unashamed about having leapt in with both feet to immediately start making power grabs, throwing the local political climate, such as it is, into a state of upheaval. It doesn't seem like they bear any further interest in spreading their influence Outside, but you don't doubt that they would find some way to turn the situation to their own benefit. If nothing else, then by arranging for situations where a lost student can, if everything turns out properly, be dramatically Rescued by a heroic servant of the gods who might, very subtly afterward, suggest that maybe a conversion to a new faith might be an appropriate gesture of gratitude...

Well, even so, it might not come to that. You have a habit of presuming that people will default to actions that further their own interests, if at all possible. It's not out of the question that the Moriya Shrine could offer to aid out of...

......

.... Generosity. That was the word, you think. Right on the tip of your tongue, it just took you a moment. Even so, it is in theory possible that they may assist for no other reason than altruism.

Similar thoughts come over the Buddhists and Taoists, though you don't particularly trust either of those factions either. In both cases, their religion, such as it is, is generally more of a means to an end, and though that end might be a reasonably noble enough cause of its own right...

Well, again, there is some potential for philanthropy there, though you won't go so far as to simply expect it out of hand.

.... Entirely aside from that, the only one of the Taoists who seems to have a given physical location where they can reliably be found is the undead slave of a hermit that's only tenuously aligned to them in the first place. You aren't entirely sure about where the rest of them might be found, and the only thing that comes to mind immediately is to leave a message with the zombie. Which simply invites complications to arise.

The Tengu are problematic. They don't generally leave the mountain, in most cases, though they are particularly unaccepting of unexpected visitors. The one most readily available to deal with in order to pass along warnings of potential accidental intrusion would be... one of three. The hide-bound, duty-oriented patrol wolf, or one of the muck-raking gossip columnists. You don't doubt that a headache will arise from dealing with any of the three. Still, it would probably be better to alert them to the fact, just so that accidental students don't get thrown off of cliffs with the expectation that they'll give up and fly home halfway down after the second or third repulsion.

The ghost princess is... it's not exactly a closely kept secret that she is particularly friendly with the Yakumo. It's actually fairly unlikely that she doesn't already know all of the details of the situation as well as or better than you do. Of course, whether she's going to end up as opposition, or if she's keeping out of things entirely so that Yukari can have her own amusement, uninterrupted by her interference, or if she'll play along on the opposite side of her friend if approached, simply to keep things interesting... there's no real way of knowing that in advance, you suppose.

Kazami Yuuka.

There is a dangerous name. But in some ways, as well, a very safe one.

Give offense, of course, and the results won't be pleasant. Or if damage comes to her flowers at your hands. But that aside...

She's mainly reactionary. She seldom leaves her sunflower fields, that you know of, and you somehow aren't certain that even if a portal were to open three paces to her side, that she wouldn't simply remain in place, placidly sipping tea and ignoring the anomaly as unimportant. In short, unlikely to be of any significant assistance. ... However, not neccessarily the worst danger to be found, either.

You run through your memory of acquaintances and notable persons, and nobody else immediately comes to mind...

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 52982
[x] Talk with the spider to see if she's interested in some action in the first place.
[x] Contact the Moriya Shrine. Better trouble with religion than having students ending up dead.
[x] Contact a patrol wolf, simply to inform of the 'game'. They're the most likely group that may spot someone not belonging there. Having students wait in a cell is still better than them ending up dead.
[x] Think of a deal you could strike with Kirisame. As unlikely as it was, she seems to actually keeps her word once given.
>> No. 52984
Current sample of Yamame influenced HP rolls: 56, 69, 75, 70, 51, 44, 41, 60, 55
Current estimated Gaussian distribution, rounded: µ = 58, σ = 11
>> No. 52986
>>52985

Allow me to point out problems.

Deal 1: Marisa would prefer to just take books and return home to read them. Not much of a deal.
Deal 2: Bwahaha, you nuts? Asking her to limit thievery and offer to take more of her time to something she doesn't seem to care much in return?

What we can offer is pointing out books that she should be able to read and are in her interests. THEN we can force her to leave the books at Voile in return for this.

If Patchouli hasn't mentionned a name, then she doesn't know them. Forget PC-98 characters. She also just mentionned that the TAoists don't have a known location and we have better ways to spend our time.

Sending golems messengers in search of them could work, provided we limit the message to asking to come or a way to talk directly for some matter. We don't need someone to shoot them down and read the message.
>> No. 52987
>>52986
Forgive me for assuming that the fairly antisocial shut-in (until recently) who sees humans as a potential food source (as of Marisa's route in EoSD) wouldn't be absolutely 100% up to date with the goings-on in the human village. Perhaps construction on the dojo has begun since she last visited.
I'll leave out Yumemi for now under the assumption that the SDM appeared after she did her thing, and so Patchy wouldn't know about her.

[x] Talk with the spider to see if she's interested in some action in the first place.

[x] Think of a deal you could strike with Kirisame. As unlikely as it was, she seems to actually keep her word once given.
-[x] Consider allowing her to borrow books if she returns them within a span of time (e.g. within a week), or to allow her to read books in the library.
-[x] What's she willing to trade for access to the library?

[x] Getting word out about the portals, but keeping it fairly quiet.
-[x] Teleport to Moriya Shrine and visit. Tell them about Yukari's game.
--[x] While you're on the mountain, that patrol wolf would be better to tell than the crow reporters, if only because she's less likely to alert people like Rumia through newspapers.
-[x] Visit the human village, just to make sure your knowledge of who's there is up-to-date. When was the last time you were there?
-[x] Netherworld. Teleport there. Bypass the barrier if possible, teleport in two steps punctuated by a border crossing if necessary. Talk to Yuyuko. You may want to bring food. Perhaps she has some perspective on the portal issue, and at the very least you can warn her about the portals.
-[x] At all times, keep an eye out for portals in case one is near you somehow. If you find one, see where it leads.

[x] Poisoning the wine...
-[x] Consider. Can we get the poison into the bottle without opening it? If not, we'll have to open both bottles, and that might make the wine not taste as good.
-[ ] Holding off on voting on a type of poison yet. Need input from Anonymous and Kahi. We need a type of poison that will cause some stomach distress, but, in a worst-case scenario, won't be lethal. Also, it must be an ingested poison. Therefore...
-[x] Run through a list of potential, nonlethal ingested poisons that you know of, especially magic ones that we wouldn't know of, and extra-especially ones that are foreign to England.
--[x] Ask Yamame what the effects of her bite-poison are. Perhaps a dose of that...
--[x] Arsenic is right out. Too well known.
>> No. 52988
[x] Talk with the spider to see if she's interested in some action in the first place.

[x] Think of a deal you could strike with Kirisame. As unlikely as it was, she seems to actually keep her word once given.

[x] Getting word out about the portals, but keeping it fairly quiet.
-[x] Teleport to Moriya Shrine and visit. Tell them about Yukari's game.
--[x] While you're on the mountain, that patrol wolf would be better to tell than the crow reporters, if only because she's less likely to alert people like Rumia through newspapers.
-[x] Visit the human village, just to make sure your knowledge of who's there is up-to-date. When was the last time you were there?
-[x] Netherworld. Teleport there. Bypass the barrier if possible, teleport in two steps punctuated by a border crossing if necessary. Talk to Yuyuko. You may want to bring food. Perhaps she has some perspective on the portal issue, and at the very least you can warn her about the portals.
-[x] At all times, keep an eye out for portals in case one is near you somehow. If you find one, see where it leads.

[x] Poisoning the wine...
-[x] Consider. Can we get the poison into the bottle without opening it? If not, we'll have to open both bottles, and that might make the wine not taste as good.
-[ ] Holding off on voting on a type of poison yet. Need input from Anonymous and Kahi. We need a type of poison that will cause some stomach distress, but, in a worst-case scenario, won't be lethal. Also, it must be an ingested poison. Therefore...
-[x] Run through a list of potential, nonlethal ingested poisons that you know of, especially magic ones that we wouldn't know of, and extra-especially ones that are foreign to England.
--[x] Ask Yamame what the effects of her bite-poison are. Perhaps a dose of that...
--[x] Arsenic is right out. Too well known.
--[x] Consider Multi-part poisons, with one part potentially along the outside of the bottle's cork or on the inside of the neck to react to the wine as it is being poured, and only then, leaving the whole bottle seem "unpoisoned" until time of consumption.
>> No. 52990
>>52987
Once again, same problem with the deal. Marisa can still just blast in fine, take all the books she wants and leave.

Also, it's highly unlikely that portals will appear until term starts.
>> No. 52991
>>52990
Quick question: When does term start?
>> No. 52992
>>52990
Except her honor.

She may be a thief, but she's not a liar, or she'd have run off with the uniform's panties a while ago.
>> No. 52993
>>52992
Because it's a deal she agreed to. Why would she agree to something that restricts her without benefits?
>> No. 52994
>>52993
Benefits:
Patchouli doesn't wreck her house with giants.
She can visit the library, use its knowledge, and ask Patchouli questions about things she doesn't understand.
There might be some others, too.
Also, consider this Marisa's crush on Patchouli. Proximity to an object of affection is a benefit, yes?
>> No. 52995
>>52994 has a good point.

Hey... Why don't we just employ Marisa? For instance, have her as a teaching assistant, or as "insurance" in case something goes wrong? Her Master Spark can destroy most annoyances and threats, plus she's in Patchy's sight, so we wouldn't have to worry that much about theft.
>> No. 52997
>>52995
Once again for those with short memory: Marisa has no desire to work with Patchouli more than she has to.
>> No. 52998
>>52991

Days Left
3
>> No. 52999
[x] Warn Hatate.

We know something that we want lots of other people to know. It's only natural to use the press.
>> No. 53000
But we don't want lots of people to know about the portals.

Like Rumia or Wriggle or Mystia or even Nazrin, who might go out and start eating puny wizards, or Cirno, who wouldn't eat them but might accidentally kill them while demonstrating that she's the strongest.
>> No. 53001
I vote that Patchy puts a strong emphasis on "If you find yourself in a strange place, do not pick the flowers" in her lesson plan; not only will it help deal with Yukka, it would also tie into the first years' proposed lesson plan of "don't be a hero".
>> No. 53002
>>53000
I want every character you named to show up in this story. You aren't very persuasive.
>> No. 53003
>>53002
I wouldn't mind if they showed up.
I'd just mind if they showed up at Hogwarts unannounced, and started eating or maiming people and/or got killed by a very lucky faculty member.

Also, when we're looking for portals, we should look on the Hogwarts side since it's a smaller space than Gensokyo.
>> No. 53006
File 13365096046.jpg - (1.90MB, 1039x1476, 1284e42ca8a080f2c0df9d70cafc11cc55f77129.jpg) [iqdb]
53006
"My poison?" The spider says, after rubbing the last traces of slumber from her eyes. "Well, uhm... I'm immune to it, so I don't know all the details from experience. First, you get... sort of tingly and numb? Then you realize that you're paralyzed and can't move at all while you're being wrapped up in a silk pouch. And after that it's spread through your body and starts melting everything down into a delicious drink, fermenting over a week or so until it's ready... um. Can you imagine a sort of steak slurry, shredded into a thick liquid and cut half and half with beer?"

"... Unfortunately, yes." You admit, stomach protesting the mental image.

"Yeah, it's nothing like that. But that's the closest I can describe it." she says.

"Lethal without treatment, then."

".... I guess." Yamame says, thoughtfully. "I mean... yeah, it probably does kill you. I think. I mean, I've never asked someone if it was the poison or me drinking them that finished them off, and I don't know that they'd answer, but-"

In any case, it doesn't seem that you can just hold the spider in place and milk her glands. Her venom doesn't seem suitable at all.

"Well... that aside, I wonder if you would be interested in participating in lessons."

"Magic isn't really my strong point..." Yamame admits.

"As a threat and opposition, not as a student." You clarify.

"Oh...?" She says, seeming interested and pleased with this idea.

"You aren't allowed to poison anyone." You say, interrupting whatever she's thinking of.

"... Oh." She says, seeming somewhat less enthused with the idea than before. "Well, I mean... I guess it's some way to spend the day, that isn't reading story books. Still, even if it's not fighting for keeps, it's something. Not like there's anything that needs building, anyway."

"I've already constructed some buildings, in point of fact."

"Really now." The spider says, flatly. "... And you didn't bring me along? Seriously? The earth-spider sitting right here in your library?"

"I was unaware you would bear interest in the construction.'

"Earth Spider." She says again. Now that she brings it up, and keeps repeating it in your face, you recall reading something.... "You want a thing built, you go to the Kappa, cross your fingers, and hope you still have fingers to cross later on. You want a place built, you talk to us." She says, crossing arms over her chest, seeming somewhat put out.

"I suppose I'll have to keep that in mind...?"

"Bah. I'll want to take a look at your 'buildings' later on." She says, waving an irritated hand as she moves to attend to her breakfast and minding the specimens in her care.

Regarding Marisa.

There's probably the option of making some sort of deal with her, as she's proven to have a tendency to keep to the terms of an arrangement, once made. You had somewhat expected her to dissappear quietly at some point, with the excuse of 'well, such a short time is like the blink of an eye for you, right? You'll hardly notice I left a little early.' Or something of that nature.

You could....

If.... she agrees in advance to return them, then... you could...

In theory...

Let her... Borr.... Just lend out... Allow her to tempor....

You have to take a moment, and a few deep breaths, to get your pulse under control and keep the rising bile at the mere thought from working its way up into actual, physical illness.

In all respects, since it's unlikely that she'll bind herself to you as your property and servant for any reasonable length of time, you would probably prefer things to remain as they were before, than meddle with any... abhorrent thoughts of just giving her free reign over your library, as long as she puts things back where she finds them.

... You decide to dismiss this for now, perhaps to be revisited with a cup of bracing tea. Possibly something much stronger. You may need it, if you plan to seriously entertain such thoughts. For now, you focus on other, less vulgar and disgusting things. Poison, for example. You don't doubt that you can acquire any reasonable, and less magical in nature, poison with very little effort. Items noted in the british tomes are out of the question, as clearly they would be familiar enough to the man that there would be no effort at all involved in their neutralization, which would carry the gift as a veiled insult... that you think so little of his skill that you see no need to do anything to challenge it.

Of more interesting things.... you don't recall many off hand, but there's a plethora of fascinating options.

There is powdered root of the Nightbane plant, which will not kill its victim, but leave their psyche in a state of turmoil, such that they experience dreams of a steadily increasing horrific nature, until the nightmares drive them permanently mad, if left untreated.

You could summon an imp of sorrow, and make it shed its tears. Nearly identical to water as they are, they are almost unnoticable when mixed into liquids, and will drive those which imbibe such tainted drinks into a slow spiral of depression, which will likely end with their weeping suicide.

There's the spores of that one... no, that won't do. It's not really a poison, and beside that, the spores from that fungus are luminous. It would be immediately obvious. Aside from that, they would seek out and inhabit the brain of anyone foolish enough to partake of them, making them crave certains substances not entirely nutritious, before the compulsion to bury themselves alive sets in on the unfortunate victim, after which a new crop of fungi sprout from the body.

Iocane powder would do, assuming he hadn't built up an immunity. You're sure you heard someone talking about it, somewhere. It might not be available for sale without some convincing of whoever has it in their possession, of course.

More feasibly, if you can locate a spined warmaker, the secretions will induce a potent but aimless fury, leaving anyone foolish enough to step on one in a foul temper far and away beyond what can be explained by the punctures to the sole of the foot.... however, as bottom-feeders, and with a large variety of other, more edible, fish in the lake, catching one is entirely up to chance. And some care must be taken with its transport, as the secretions will also have some effect, though less potent, through mere skin contact and absorbtion...

... Well, all this aside, Kirisame is still in your employ. You can always simply give her a set of constraints, and have her prepare something 'Interesting' for your use.

As for directing a portal immediately to elsewhere, you aren't sure you're in the mood, today, for the pitched battle that would result from moving directly into another's domain without warning. As the Moriya Shrine is itself within the territory claimed by the Tengu of the mountain, doing so will most likely result in a running battle against both parties. You bear similar hesitation about simply appearing in the ghost princess's realm, and possibly facing off against spectral throngs stirred up by the rude arrival.

Flying at least some appreciable portion of the way, to alert hosts of your arrival in advance of your arrival, is simply polite, after all.

---
>> No. 53007
File 133650974173.jpg - (126.96KB, 553x750, 05197f867a0708bf132ffe86a08f811f7578e793.jpg) [iqdb]
53007
Koakuma's recompense: That was... paragraph 898, B-12.... no, that wasn't it. C-12. .... Maybe C-13? No. No, it was 107 X-73, to be... sure? That isn't it either. Well... obviously Koakuma gets something out of the deal. She didn't just get talked around and droned at until she was fed up enough to forget to get some sort of reward for her effort. Right?

Family Tree, summarized: Koakuma sired Cosette upon the Nameless Female Thrall. Cosette thereafter seduced and ensnared a fairly wealthy gentleman by the name of Frederick Evans, and eventually had two children, Lily and Petunia by name. Whether they were his children is ambiguous, but in any case they found themselves in possession of his last name. On the other side of the family, Cepheus Potter finally 'settled down' and retired from the Auror Corps after his wife became involved in a rather traumatic incident which neither of them speak of after. A private healer is brought in, sworn to secrecy, and advises that it is unlikely that children will be conceived at this point. In spite of this appraisal, James is later born of their union, quite the surprise to many parties due to the couple's advanced age. Whether there was some measure of taint clinging to the wife, which incubated and hibernated through the conception of this child, is unknown. The family tree following this is fairly well known, however.

Kirisame: Will lie flippantly, blatantly, and almost pathologically, if it suits her purpose. Does not seem willing to break deals, however. Seems like it might be default behavior she can't escape, as the daughter of a shopkeeper.
>> No. 53009
>>53008

New thread
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x