- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 51007)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 13278832657.jpg - (94.12KB, 850x478, sample-faac19204966a72df54e2ad745e8ae2f.jpg) [iqdb]
51007 No. 51007
You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though you have constructed a tower elsewhere, without internal fixtures as yet, which you may or may not inhabit much. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have a box of ninety seven vials of Medication stored in the library to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy, though effects may vary, as can the Hakurei Hot Spring.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, which can be surprisingly versatile, particularly in combination with Golems. You can also create Homunculi, if you have the materials to hand. You have the most important ingredient in stock, but you estimate it will be useless for the purpose by the end of tomorrow.

Your library is currently playing host to a number of confectionery-based life forms, which you are in the process of experimenting upon. You have come to an arrangement with Remilia for the use of her fairies, which you hope you will not come to later regret. Currently, you have been invited to tea by one Lucius Malfoy.

You are currently just outside his Manor gates, and considering what to speak of, and how, as well as what answers to give to which questions he might ask, in preparation for the likelihood of Politics within. Once you have made a decision, it seems you need only ring the bell to request entry.

[ ] What do you do?
Expand all images
>> No. 51015
>>51012
He's not a teacher.

[x] Ask Alistair how powerful the Board is in regards to school matters.
[x] In regards to school matters, you shouldn't give an advantage that may be seen as favoritism as Keine said.
-[x] Overall however, there's not much harm in saying what you intend to do better than your predecessors, who used books not even classified as defense books.
[x] As for others matters, there is no point in antagonizing Lucius for no reason, especially if he is in a position that could bring headaches to your job. Play it neutral, not insulting him but not letting him walk all over you.
[x] Ring the bell.

Could be worded a bit better, but I think it should do. I doubt we intend to take sides in this, so let's go neutral. It's not like he did something already.
>> No. 51017
[x] As uninterested as you are in wizard politics, some knowledge of it may come in useful. Be politely interested if Lucius brings the subject up, but politely decline any requests he may make to affiliate yourself with a faction.
-[x] If for some reason he inquires into your lack of knowledge of wizard politics, it's because you're from a hidden place. If he starts getting too prying, politely remind him that secret realms are called that for a reason.
[x] In regards to school matters, you shouldn't give an advantage that may be seen as favoritism as Keine said.
-[x] Overall however, there's not much harm in saying what you intend to do better than your predecessors, who used books not even classified as defense books.
-[x] If he is interested in his offspring's academic achievement, you have made/will have made a list of books for supplementary reading.
[x] There are a number of other things that might also be brought up, but they can pretty much all be summed up by saying "Listen politely and pause for a moment if unsure what to do."
[x] If tea has not been brought up by the end, politely bring it up.
-[x] If there's a place where you can buy it without having to meet Malfoy, it would be nice to know about. Just don't use those words. Because pissing off a member of the school board would be best avoided.
[x] Ring bell.

I can't remember if we finished the supplementary reading list or not.
>> No. 51018
[x] Ask Alistair how powerful the Board is in regards to school matters.
[x] In regards to school matters, you shouldn't give an advantage that may be seen as favoritism as Keine said.
-[x] Overall however, there's not much harm in saying what you intend to do better than your predecessors, who used books not even classified as defense books.
[x] As for others matters, there is no point in antagonizing Lucius for no reason, especially if he is in a position that could bring headaches to your job. Play it neutral, not insulting him but not letting him walk all over you.
[x] Ring the bell.
[x] If tea has not been brought up by the end, politely bring it up.

May whatever deity he holds dear save this poor man's soul if he lied about the tea...
>> No. 51021
[x] Open portal to SDM, get Remilia
[x] Invite her to tea with the Malfoys.

This is a terrible Idea that will end in tears or BAD END. But in the short term, It will be hilarious.
>> No. 51023
>>51021

Why the heck would inviting Remilia over for tea at the Malfoys lead to all that drama you implied in your post? There's nothing to suggest a grown woman such as Remi coulden't handle herself in an adult manor.
>> No. 51024
Well, some fanon declares that Malfoy's family has roots in France, based on the last name. And the Scarlets are from France.

Doing some math, Family with Long History/Records + Old French Vampire that (May) Have Left a Trail of Destruction = Profit

It's hard not to see Remilia charisma'ing it up at Malfoy Manor. She practically lives for showing off (or at least that's my personal fanon).

Of course, I don't support this. What sort of guest brings another uninvited?
>> No. 51025
[x] Ask Alistair how powerful the Board is in regards to school matters.
[x] In regards to school matters, you shouldn't give an advantage that may be seen as favoritism as Keine said.
-[x] Overall however, there's not much harm in saying what you intend to do better than your predecessors, who used books not even classified as defense books.
[x] As for others matters, there is no point in antagonizing Lucius for no reason, especially if he is in a position that could bring headaches to your job. Play it neutral, not insulting him but not letting him walk all over you.
[x] Ring the bell.
[x] If tea has not been brought up by the end, politely bring it up. Ask where he bought it if it is acceptable.
>> No. 51026
[x] Ask Alistair how powerful the Board is in regards to school matters.
[x] In regards to school matters, you shouldn't give an advantage that may be seen as favoritism as Keine said.
-[x] Overall however, there's not much harm in saying what you intend to do better than your predecessors, who used books not even classified as defense books.
[x] As for others matters, there is no point in antagonizing Lucius for no reason, especially if he is in a position that could bring headaches to your job. Play it neutral, not insulting him but not letting him walk all over you.
[x] Ring the bell.
[x] If tea has not been brought up by the end, politely bring it up. Ask where he bought it if it is acceptable or better.
>> No. 51027
[x] Just ring the bell. Handle stuff as it comes up.
>> No. 51032
[x] Ask Alistair how powerful the Board is in regards to school matters.
[x] In regards to school matters, you shouldn't give an advantage that may be seen as favoritism as Keine said.
-[x] Overall however, there's not much harm in saying what you intend to do better than your predecessors, who used books not even classified as defense books.
-[x] If he is interested in his offspring's academic achievement, you have made/will have made a list of books for supplementary reading.
[x] As uninterested as you are in wizard politics, some knowledge of it may come in useful. Be politely interested if Lucius brings the subject up, but politely decline any requests he may make to affiliate yourself with a faction.
-[x] If for some reason he inquires into your unfamiliarity with wizard politics, it's because you're from a hidden place. If he starts getting too prying, gently remind him that secret realms are called that for a reason.
[x] As for other matters, there is no point in antagonizing Lucius for no reason, especially if he is in a position that could bring headaches to your job. Play it neutral, not insulting him but not letting him walk all over you.
[x] Ring the bell.
[x] If tea has not been brought up by the end, politely bring it up.
-[x] Find out if there's a place it can be bought normally.
>> No. 51034
[x] Ask Alistair how powerful the Board is in regards to school matters.
[x] In regards to school matters, you shouldn't give an advantage that may be seen as favoritism as Keine said.
-[x] Overall however, there's not much harm in saying what you intend to do better than your predecessors, who used books not even classified as defense books.
[x] As uninterested as you are in wizard politics, some knowledge of it may come in useful. Be politely interested if Lucius brings the subject up, but politely decline any requests he may make to affiliate yourself with a faction.
-[x] If for some reason he inquires into your unfamiliarity with wizard politics, it's because you're from a hidden place. If he starts getting too prying, gently remind him that secret realms are called that for a reason.
[x] As for other matters, there is no point in antagonizing Lucius for no reason, especially if he is in a position that could bring headaches to your job. Play it neutral, not insulting him but not letting him walk all over you.
[x] Ring the bell.
[x] If tea has not been brought up by the end, politely bring it up.
-[x] Find out if there's a place it can be bought normally.
[x] If he's proves very helpful, start project on making your own great tea, give him a bit at the end.
>> No. 51041
[x]Ring the bell and roll with the (puny) punches.
>> No. 51049
[x] Just ring the bell. Handle stuff as it comes up.

Just to get going.
>> No. 51051
>>51050
You... quoted the wrong posted and forgot to remove a point that has nothing to do with Lucius (the last one).
>> No. 51052
>>51051

It's late. I tend to not notice things and forget them.

[x] Inquire on his skills as a wizard, and his position in/on the Boards. If he asks, don't tell him much about yourself, just the enough.
[x] His views on Hogwarts, the other teachers, Dumbledore, and the students.
[x] Ask about his son. You're not going favor anyone under no circunstamce (unless you need to), and if Lucius is important, his son might be...useful.
[x] Classes schedule. You want a good period to give classes, so his input might be helpful to deal with the others.
>> No. 51053
File 132815451439.jpg - (30.70KB, 600x600, Draco.jpg) [iqdb]
51053
"What power, exactly, does the Board have in school matters?" You murmur softly.

"Hm... some." Alistair says. "I'm not sure of the entire degree. For a lot of things, they have to have an overwhelming majority or unanimous consensus, so... not too much, in that light. But they have final say in who to select as Headmaster, they can veto staff decisions if there's enough of a consensus that it's a bad idea, and if they're in full agreement then they can remove a Headmaster from his position. There was an incident, a couple years ago, where they removed Dumbledore."

"And yet, he is clearly Headmaster once more." You point out.

"Of course. It was a political move Lucius pulled, in light of a lack of confidence in his ability to keep the students safe, or some such. But Dumbledore has no little clout of his own, and it seems that once things started getting even worse without him, most of the Governors were scrambling to have him back in the school. Of course, they had to cover their own backs, so since Lucius was the ringleader, they made a scapegoat out of him. Claimed he'd threatened their families."

Alistair snorted.

"... I'm not saying Lucius isn't the sort of person who would follow through on a threat like that, once made, but I much doubt he would have been hot-headed enough to make such a threat in the first place. Imply, certainly. But nothing concrete, that could be used in court against him. And definitely, if so many people had testified that he'd made that sort of an overt threat in order to push a political scheme through, and any of them could testify that he had come out and said such a thing directly, under veritaserum... Well, he wouldn't have gotten back on the Board of Governors after that, would he. And wizards in general are fickle enough that they wouldn't have needed much in the way of prodding to sack Dumbledore, at that time, if it was suggested to be a good idea."

"I see. As a whole, not a great deal of power, then..." You note.

"Oh, as a group, maybe not, in many lights. But if you get on the wrong side of a Governor, they can make your life...." Alistair pauses, frowning, as he thinks. ".... Annoying, anyway. Since you don't plan on living in Britain in the long-term, and politics are only going to effect you for so long. But while you're here, they can definitely cause you at least some problems."

"I suppose I shall have to avoid vexing others without due cause, then." You note dourly, ignoring Alistair's worried look as he tries to mentally determine what you may or may not consider 'due cause'.

That done, you gather your thoughts and composure, and ring the bell. A sniveling, cowering little wretch of a being arrives to heave the gate open. Vague 'taste' of fae. Household-retainer sort of a creature. You flick through your mental library before coming to a conclusion. Brownie. Likely also referred to as a House Elf, if your readings are correct. Something like a household youkai that exists for the sole purpose of performing chores and housework, and will waste away to nothingness and, if Alistair's own now-recalled stories are verifiable, madness, if prevented from working.

You mostly ignore it as it leads the way down the path and through the Manor interior to a well-furnished parlor, most likely more for the expedient purpose of making sure you don't poke around where you aren't welcome rather than politeness or the insulting assumption that you cannot find your way around a large house on your own.

Lucius is seated at the head of the table, what you can only presume to be his wife and child seated on either side of him, and a dour, greasy looking man seated on the opposite side of his son. His clothing is uniformly black on black... the better to hide spatters of some sort of fluid, which you cannot immediately identify. The Brownie squeaks loudly as it announces your arrival, casting furtive gazes between the master of the house and yourself. It is clearly aware enough to determine what you are not, but not so much as to understand what, exactly, you are. Suspicioun is focused on you, as such, and upon Alistair, partially from association with you, and partially because you suspect it has him pegged for what he is right away.

"Ah. Welcome, madame." Lucius says, genially enough, eyes calculating. "You may not yet know Severus. However, as Defense Instructor, I believe you will come to be a close associate of Hogwarts' Potions Master and Professor. And closer to home, a dear friend of the family."

"Charmed." The man almost snarls, before reclaiming his own composure and merely frowning in distaste. The son has straightened up, and where he had initially dismissed you as uninteresting he is now giving you an appraising look.

"Please, be seated. You shall have to excuse Severus. He makes something of a point in submitting his application for your post with every year that passes, and it seems that the sting grows no less sharp with every rejection." Lucius says, voice carefully smooth.

"Is that so?" You say, as you take a seat across from him and next to Lucius' wife. Alistair sits on your far side, and Severus makes a point of scowling as the delicate, silver utensils are collected from his place by the Brownie and replaced by heavy, cruder work of black iron. "Is your ability somehow lacking, that you would merit being turned aside from the post?"

"Not at all." He snaps, turning his glower back to you. "Albus has personal reasons to forbid me the position, to the point where he would even sooner risk having a ministry lackey installed than allow me to take that place."

"Ah." You reply, calmly sniffing at the tea. An interesting blend of fragrances. More importantly, you can detect no poisons, intoxicants, or any other additives which you recognize. "That does seem unfortunate. Though I cannot complain about a situation where I stand to gain something I wish, no matter the trifle it is."

"I thought you said you weren't coming in here to make enemies." Alistair hisses softly through the corner of his mouth, trying not to be overheard.

"I did not, and have not." You counter, in normal conversational tone. "I am merely stating fact. Incidentally, this tea is acceptable."

Severus scoffs and the boy rolls his eyes. Beside you, you can hear the wife give a slight sniff of disapproval, even as Alistair sighs. Lucius, by contrast, seems vaguely amused.

"It seems that you are not a simple woman to please." He drawls. "But come. There are a number of small repasts that the House Elves have prepared. Eat as you please... it is my hope that you will find this, likewise..." He pauses, and a small smirk tugs at the corner of his mouth. ".... Acceptable."

"My palate has been spoiled, I do not doubt." You remark, without specifying the hows of it, and after a moment of thought collect some manner of sweet pastry to join the tea.

"I am curious, I will admit, as to what exactly Dumbledore offered you to take the position." Lucius remarks idly, after a moment. "He was of course required to note, in passing, that something more than the salary offered had been required in order to lure your interest, but was unfortunately less than forthcoming on specifics."

"Mere stipends of gold would not have swayed me in any case." You reply.

"Oh? A fascinating opinion to hold." Lucius says, before slyly continuing. "I have often found, however, that those who take such a position will indeed not be swayed... for anything less than a very great deal of gold."

You set your teacup down.

"... Were I so inclined, then I could recreate an exact duplicate of your luxurious Manor, fashioned entirely from emeralds, the purest of jade, and gold." You say, sternly and honestly. "My coffers would not be impacted in any significant way by this venture. If there is a thing which I doubt I shall ever have desperate need of, and not have to hand, then gold it is not. As I have said, no amount of money can be brought to bear to influence my decisions, and I have no intention of grading any of my students on anything aside from their own merit... or lack thereof."

Lucius arches a brow at what he seems to take as mere boasting, and it is the son's turn to scoff. You use the opening to turn your attention to him, as though you had only just noticed the boy's presence.

"And this, I take it, is your son, Lucius?" You ask politely, drinking tea once more.

"Indeed... this is my son, Draco. I take a personal interest in the boys education... he is, after all, my only heir." Lucius replies. Then frowns, though it is only for a moment, and focused on Draco himself. "Though I would expect him to have made a better showing of himself than he has thus far."

"I've said this before, father." Draco replies, a touch stiffly, clearly unhappy about this being brought up in front of company. "It is hardly my fault that the instructors so blatantly favor that Granger girl. And Potter." He finishes, almost as an afterthought.

"Miss Granger." You say. "I can understand. From what I have seen of her scores across the board, accusations of favoritism would not be unheard of. I shall determine for myself if this is the case. As for Mister Potter... he appears a less than enthusiastic scholar, and I am uncertain of your basis for accusation. Kindly explain."

Lucius' eyes glint, and Draco scowls. Severus speaks up, darkly.

"Mister Potter, you will find, has an unwarranted amount of fame behind him. He has no limit to the number of his adoring supporters, even, you will find, among the castle staff." He says, tinge of bitterness in his voice. "Of course, the brat uses it shamelessly to his own advantage, and gets away with all manner of mischief and troublemaking which his supporters on the staff make a point of overlooking, in light of his status."

"Albus did seem to be rather... overly fond, from what little I had heard of the boy." You admit, now frowning. "I will take it as a warning. If he has been achieving better than average marks through such means, he will find my classes... an unfortunate turn of events."

"You're going to be extra hard on the scar-head, then?" Draco says, eyes alight with eagerness.

"No more than I will be on you." You say warningly. "As I said, students will thoroughly deserve the grades I award them."

You don't want to promise anything here, anyway. Especially since you doubt what is being said is entirely without bias, given that Severus is a 'friend of the Malfoy family'. Young Draco seems relatively mollified, in any case.

"As long as Potter and his pet Mudblood get-"

"Draco." the wife snaps, and the boy looks taken aback for a moment, then sheepish. "That is not an appropriate word to pass the lips of a well-bred young man in public. Nor in private, even."

".... Forgive me." You say, dryly. "I am unfamiliar with the local blend of... crude vulgarities. The term refers to?"

"It refers." Severus says, frowning at Draco, who now looks more than a little humiliated. "To a magical person born of non-magical blood. Referring to that heritage as though it were mud flowing through their veins. Very offensive, it could be considered similar to any number of racial slurs. Not the sort of word that a gentleman should be belting out at every opportunity, taking delight in the startled reactions such vulgarity might bring. Especially when that young gentleman considers that it can in many cases be stretched to cover any person not of entirely pure blood."

"You know I wasn't aiming it at you..." Draco complains, churlishly. "Besides, you're a full Half blood, and nobody in their right mind holds the rest against you. There aren't any real mu... muggleborns here, anyway."

For a moment, you toy with the thought of claiming to be of non-magical stock, simply to drive in the knife a little deeper... but you see little point in it, and many ways such a claim could turn against you. And it seems that Lucius is going to take this unexpected opportunity to pry into your history, given the gleam in his eyes.

"Indeed..." He drawls. "Alistair, for certain, is of good breeding, in spite of... personal misfortunes. And Madame..." He says pointedly, eyeing you like a hawk.

"The house of Knowledge traces its lineage back over two thousand years of recorded history." You say, perfectly honest and serious.

You even have a great-grandparent that was around in those days, if you recall correctly. Presuming they haven't gone ahead and died yet, or launched themself into space to find another planet to live on, as many of their half-senile rants had indicated a mind to do. You couldn't say. Your family has never been... what would be called 'close'. It's been decades since you had so much as thought of another member of it. What comes of being a family of Magicians, you suppose.

"Indeed..." Lucius muses, clearly digesting this tidbit, even as the boy looks a little gobsmacked at the number. Clearly, there are few families that count their years so far back, for whatever reason. "There is no person at this table that such a label could be applied to. Nevertheless it is not a term to be bandied about lightly. Neither is your vendetta against the Potter boy. It is not... politically expedient to be publicly seen as anything less than accepting of both, no matter how grudgingly. Even to affect warm feelings for such... if you can stomach that much, Draco."

Draco has set in to mulishly sip his tea.

"Headstrong. He gets that from the Black in you, I fear, Narcissa." Lucius sighs. "But in any case, Madame Knowledge, with your unfamiliarity with vulgarities... I suppose, where you come from, the Muggles do not rise above their station often enough to have a commonly accepted term for their spawn?"

"... If by 'Muggle', you refer to a person without magical capability... then it is closer to the opposite." You correct. "Though not quite. The simple matter is that in the realm I dwell within, there is not one person that cannot, if they so choose, use magic to some degree. No matter how limited or weak their ability might be."

Lucius seems startled, and now honestly interested by this.

"There are no Muggles?" He says, seeming to deeply consider this. He seems greatly pleased by the thought of their absence.

"I can see by your face that you consider this an ideal state of things. Your son as well." You reply, sipping your tea. "However, you must also consider this, in your visions. While there are no people without the ability to perform magic, there remain... unpalatable tasks. I believe I understand your social hierarchy now. Those of purest blood remain at the very top of the ladder, the most well respected and nobility, yes? Scaling beneath them are those of poorer breeding and lineage, down to those born of entirely unmagical stock, who form the lowest acceptable social tier. Let us say this is the second rung from the bottom. Dirt, who recieve all the most menial of labor and the meanest of recompense, which can only hope to bear children with another magical person to form an infant of slightly higher quality. Perhaps one rung up the ladder. Barring exceptional circumstances, they themselves will never advance beyond their current station."

Severus has an odd look on his face, and Alistair, next to you, seems uneasy as he shifts in his seat. Lucius seems to be thoughtfully considering your words, though.

"Beneath them is the bottom rung. Below dirt. The Muggles, as you call them, with no magical ability whatsoever to their name. Untouchables. Few would be seen even in the same vicinity as one, much less consort with them. Now, consider if the bottom rung were to be... removed."

"You would have a society without them..." Draco says, almost exhilirated.

"An idealistic viewpoint. And incorrect." You say, and the boy starts, then frowns at your shattering his delusions. "A ladder with the bottom rung sawn off does not hang in the air of its own right, without being held there by some outside interference. You now have a ladder with one less rung. Nothing more than that. Everything which applied to Muggles, now applies to Muggleborn. Suddenly, they find themselves the bottom of the tier, and their children only barely reaching where they once were, sometimes, and so on up the line. The very top, the purebloods, hardly notice the change. Then, eventually, people grow tired of suffering the continuance of those Muggleborns. So they are removed from the ladder as well, and the next rung upwards slides down to fill their place... for the purposes they filled, street-sweeper, rubbish collector, dirt farmer and livestock keeper... they are not glamorous functions, nor are they particularly well respected, but someone must fill these roles, and it is only right that the bottom level of society do so, no? But then Half-bloods become unsightly in the eyes of nobility... and suddenly, one day, nobility is all that remains. And they do not find it what they expected, for suddenly they find themselves with empty larders and hungering in the night, where they were full before, filth and detritus piling up on even the most well traveled of roads. The only thing to be done then, certainly, is to consult the lineages and breeding records, to determine who is the purest of the pure, the most noble among nobility.... and the lesser degrees, which might be nudged into accepting such stations without too much fuss. Is this not so?"

Lucius seems at least a little thoughtful about such a scenario, seriously considering how such a case might affect him, if it comes to pass. Draco's face, however, is twisted into a sullen grimace. He's clearly hearing your words, but refusing, petulantly, to listen to them.

"I don't have to listen to your... rubbish about ladders and Purebloods being made into cleaning ladies." He seethes. "The Dark Lord-"

"Draco!" Lucius snaps, broken from his thoughts, suddenly frowning darkly at his son, glancing quickly your way.

"Pfeh. I care nothing about what allegiances you may hold. I care nothing for social ladders, nor the ambitions of Lords, Dark or otherwise, or how your society will be affected." You say, finishing a pastry. "I have no intention of taking sides over such nonsense. I am merely stating fact. Do you believe that simply because all from whence I came can practice magics, that all do, and well?"

Usually, of course, this is by choice, either spurred by a simple lack of significant aptitude or enjoyment of the craft. It's enough to leave Lucius looking thoughtful and again, and suddenly mildly uncomfortable.

"These are unpleasant topics for tea conversation." Narcissa says, clearly intending to suggest that another be substituted, before Draco interrupts with an angry "Don't believe a word of your nonsense. I'll bet that you don't know a thing about what you're talking about, a two thousand year lineage of talentless squibs sounds more like what Dumbledore would pull out of his beard!" .... It looks like there's nothing but a sound beating that will get through to the little wretch. You might even be able to get permission. Lucius looks disapproving once more, though whether it's for what Draco is saying, or that he is daring to insult one of Lucius' guests, you can't really tell.

Things seem to have gotten slightly off track, somewhere.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 51054
[x] Keep cool and calm - if either Narcissa, Lucius or Snape changes topics - follow suit.
[x] Ignore Draco - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement and prodding him gains her nothing.

I was previously unenthusiastic about the idea of Patchouli gallivanting about in Wizarding Britain, but now, all doubts have been removed - this stuff is good.
>> No. 51055
[x] Keep your cool
[x] Ignore Draco. Obviously he can't understand a word you're saying.
>> No. 51056
>>51054
Voting this as well.

And yeah, it's pretty interesting, I can see why Kahi's been focusing on doing quests on here instead of his fanfiction acount, lot more feedback and can go pretty interesting ways.
>> No. 51057
[x] But in any case, people rarely leave or enter where you're from, so here their magical makeup is little more than a curiosity.
-[x] "Narcissa, you were saying?"
[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.
-[x] Imply to Lucius that he hasn't lost significant points through the actions of his heir. Perhaps something like how you judge students based on their own conduct - in fact (meaningful glance at Lucius), you do this for everyone.

Lucius seemed loldisturbed at the magical ability of Gensokyo, so I think we might want to smooth stuff over. Feel free to rewrite or remove the implying bit, I'm not completely happy with it.

Also, I'm going to armchair diagnose Patchy as possibly suffering from some mild autism.
>> No. 51058
As long as there's a one-liner in the next section comparing Draco's outburst as to why perhaps Hermione scores better, then that's well and fine.
>> No. 51059
[x] Keep cool and calm - if either Narcissa, Lucius or Snape changes topics - follow suit.
[x] Ignore Draco - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement and prodding him gains her nothing.

Keep your pokerface.
This scene is pure GOLD.
>> No. 51060
[x] Sun Sign - Royal Flare

[x] But in any case, people rarely leave or enter where you're from, so here their magical makeup is little more than a curiosity.
-[x] "Narcissa, you were saying?"
[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.
-[x] Imply to Lucius that he hasn't lost significant points through the actions of his heir. Perhaps something like how you judge students based on their own conduct - in fact (meaningful glance at Lucius), you do this for everyone.
>> No. 51063
[x]We came here for tea, discuss how we can get some supply of it.

First class deconstruction of social class.
Reminds me those Sakuya Potter snippets that Kahi wrote (Et Cetera).
>> No. 51064
Wow. Lucius done right. And since he seems to seriously think about Patchouli's words, he might just tone down his beliefs a bit. I wonder if Voldemort would do think on it if he listened to it (probably not).

>He's clearly hearing your words, but refusing, petulantly, to listen to them.

Once again I am reminded of That Speech in AFT. One of the best thing I've seen in fiction that I will never forget.

[x] Keep cool and calm - if either Narcissa, Lucius or Snape changes topics - follow suit.
[x] Ignore Draco - he is beneath your acknowledgement and prodding him gains you nothing.
>> No. 51065
[x] Keep cool and calm - if either Narcissa, Lucius or Snape changes topics - follow suit.
[x] Ignore Draco - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement and prodding him gains her nothing.
>> No. 51067
Is Patchy going to be interested, amazed by or even challenged by anything down the line?

Because so far the non Gensokyo portions of this story is Patchy shitting over everyone in her magical purple glory. Which is fine I suppose with the writing quality, it is Kahi of course, but I'm hoping for something a little more stimulating than us being arrogant to everyone because we are infinitely more powerful.
>> No. 51068
>>51067
I don't care whether there's a challenge or not. If there is a challenge though, I hope it doesn't involve powering everyone up to become a match for patchy.
>> No. 51069
>>51067
We thought Ollivander was pretty impressive. Oh and the wand he made turned out to be quite useful. And we liked the video game arcade. Frankly, if it doesn't involve books we probably aren't going to get much more impressed than that, unless someone shows some magical technique that's fairly unique (just because we're stronger and know more doesn't mean we know everything they do).

[x] But in any case, people rarely leave or enter where you're from, so here their magical makeup is little more than a curiosity.
-[x] "Narcissa, you were saying?"
[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.
>> No. 51070
[x] Keep cool and calm - if either Narcissa, Lucius or Snape changes topics - follow suit.
-[x] Consider if it is better to find out their source for this tea or bring some of gensokyo's to the other meeting, steer the conversation towards the tea regardless.
[x] Ignore Draco - he is beneath your acknowledgement and prodding him gains you nothing.
>> No. 51071
[X] Keep cool and calm - if either Narcissa, Lucius or Snape changes topics - follow suit.
[X] Ignore Draco - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement and prodding him gains her nothing.
[X] If he keeps making noise, cast a minor Moon effect around him to silence his complaining.

>>51057
She does give that impression even in the games.
The society she lives in, and particularly her circumstances, doesn't exactly give her any real incentives to suppress autistic behaviour.
>> No. 51072
[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.
-[x] Imply to Lucius that he hasn't lost significant points through the actions of his heir. Perhaps something like how you judge students based on their own conduct - in fact (meaningful glance at Lucius), you do this for everyone.
[x]We came here for tea, discuss how we can get some supply of it.
[x] Alternately: Patchy knows that Snape teaches potions: discuss what that entails (hint: medicine?)

Wow, now that was a chilling deconstruction of social networking. And no matter what the wanders think, it is tje inevitable truth:"If everyone is special, then noone is!"

Bravo! Masterfully done! This was worth all the bumbling about. Now I want to get this show on th road to Hogwarts. How much time till the term starts?
>> No. 51073
>>51071
Don't silence Draco, as tempting as it is: it would be seen as impolite since we're a guest (class will be an entirely different story). Lucius will send him away shortly I believe anyway.
>> No. 51074
[x] Keep cool and calm - if either Narcissa, Lucius or Snape changes topics - follow suit.
[x] Ignore Draco - he is beneath your acknowledgement and prodding him gains you nothing.

Aah, Patchouli.
>> No. 51075
>>51072
As if Snape could possibly be better than Eirin on medecine.
>> No. 51077
>>51071
I'm not sure that human standards should be applied to the mindset of a youkai, not to mention it seemed to me more like Patchouli (and most of the big-shots in Gensokyo) doesn't care much about social niceties because she's strong enough to get away with ignoring it most of the time and is therefore quite willing to voice what's on her mind.

>>51072
It's not a criticism of social networking, it's more a criticism of eliminationism and the mindset that leads to eliminationism - it reminds me a little of the famous pre-WW2 'first they came for the . . .' statement, although its thrust is based on logic and economic necessities.
>> No. 51082
[x] "You, boy. What is that you can do? Until you can outdo me, I advise you consider such words before speaking them again, regardless of who you speak them to, or else you might make yourself a fool."
[x] "Now, I do believe it would be useful to know what sort of magic it is that you all practice. While do have a few books, which I will use for the classes and have been to Hogwarts one or two times, I'd like to know the general uses you give to magic, specially outside the school. Consider this as an attempt to...better 'fit' in, and to avoid bothersome surprises."

At least a small reprimand would be ok, right? Specially if it can be used as life advice.
>> No. 51083
>>51082
Nah, criticizing Draco doesn't help us no matter what the reason is. If we want to insult him, it's better to ignore him and pass on the implication that he's beneath notice because that will piss him off far more than any possible insult. If we want to educate him, this isn't the time to do it because his hackles are up and angry people aren't inclined to listen, at all. If we want to demonstrate our superiority, it's better served by our indifference because what kind of superior adult gets into a verbal skirmish with a stupid brat?

Furthermore, if we do exchange words with Draco, we run the risk of alienating either Lucius or Narcissa because most parents don't like their kids being criticized in front of them. By ignoring Draco, all of the blame is left heaped on him like a dung-pile and we come off squeaky clean - hell, they might even feel a little bit obligated to us because their son has insulted us.
>> No. 51084
>>51082
> [x] "Now, I do believe it would be useful to know what sort of magic it is that you all practice. While do have a few books, which I will use for the classes and have been to Hogwarts one or two times, I'd like to know the general uses you give to magic, specially outside the school. Consider this as an attempt to...better 'fit' in, and to avoid bothersome surprises."
I don't think this is a good idea. We will seem unprepared, if we say such a thing. Showing that kind of weakness is bad.
>> No. 51086
>>51084

Or good, because then we could use an element of surprise. Being undersetimated is always better than overestimated.
>> No. 51089
>>51086
The wizards aren't dangerous enough as combatants that we need the advantage of being underestimated. If anything, it interferes with our responsibility for educating the students because no student is going to respect someone who is seen as either ignorant or weak in some manner. Draco is here, he will spread such rumors out of malice if nothing else.
>> No. 51090
[x] But in any case, people rarely leave or enter where you're from, so here their magical makeup is little more than a curiosity.
-[x] "Narcissa, you were saying?"
[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.

I absolutely cannot wait for the moment that we prove our superiority to everyone!
>> No. 51093
[x] But in any case, people rarely leave or enter where you're from, so here their magical makeup is little more than a curiosity.
-[x] "Narcissa, you were saying?"
[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.

This seems the wisest.
>> No. 51094
>>51067
This. Patchouli DOES seem very arrogant. At the same time, though, I can see where she's coming from.

[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.
-[x] Imply to Lucius that he hasn't lost significant points through the actions of his heir. Perhaps something like how you judge students based on their own conduct - in fact (meaningful glance at Lucius), you do this for everyone.
[x]We came here for tea, discuss how we can get some supply of it.
[x] Alternately: Patchy knows that Snape teaches potions: discuss what that entails (hint: medicine?)
>> No. 51095
>>51067
I imagine that it'll depend on what we want Patchouli to do - if she's going to be a teacher and nothing more, then no, she's not going to face difficulties because she's more than competent enough to teach a class and then steamroll idiots who attempt to attack her. In contrast, if her goal is to reform Wizarding Britain (humor me please) into a functional society that can look at its past mistakes and learn from them, then she'll likely fail horribly because nothing in her experience prepares her for it. There are possible challenges and difficulties other than fighting.
>> No. 51097
>>51095
Last I checked, Patchouli only care about the job she took. If she happens to make some things happen, then so be it. And I don't see arrogance but more Patchouli knowing none can match them in magic and probably being a bit annoyed currently for having to make such a detour for tea.

But you guys aren't forgetting Yukari's game thrown into all this are you?
>> No. 51098
>>51097
I don't see Patchouli running into serious problems/challenges unless she decides to venture into something well outside of her expertise, something that she has no real incentive to do so. Even Yukari's intervention isn't likely be anything but piling on difficulties/hassles rather than something life-threatening to Patchouli.
>> No. 51100
You guys are thinking of challenges for Patchy in compleatly the wrong way. There are lots of things that I foresee Patchy having a great deal of difficulty with.

For example; interacting with high school ages students on a daily basis will probably be much more challenging that throwing Voldemort into a black hole.
>> No. 51101
>>51100
Not really, any idiot can read out of a textbook and teach a class that way - the problems come if we want Patchouli to be a good teacher because that's a hell-of-a-lot harder.
>> No. 51102
>>51101

I still think Patchouli should write her own books while there is time for that. Yes, the books we have now will suffice for a sufficient grade, but I want more than that. I want Patchy to show just how bad/weak outside magic has become, and to train the very best.

She will be making a name for herself quite rapidly with just a few classes. Not that she won't anyway, but earning respect for her own magic will be satisfying.
>> No. 51103
>>51101
I'm thinking 'Field trip to Gensokyo' as a final exam.
Read: Whoever survives, using what we have taught them, gets a pass.
>> No. 51104
>>51102
I don't think Patchouli has any interest in handing magical secrets and techniques like candy on Halloween, not to mention if she wanted fame she probably wouldn't have ended up residing in Gensokyo. Besides, isn't that kind of like handing firearms to schoolchildren? Can Wizarding Britain be trusted with anything more dangerous than what they have considering the state of their society and the average competence or lack thereof of the average wizard or witch?
>> No. 51105
>Usually, of course, this is by choice, either spurred by a simple lack of significant aptitude or enjoyment of the craft. It's enough to leave Lucius looking thoughtful and again, and suddenly mildly uncomfortable.
He's considering a society where the elite are so due to personal merits and not chance. Imagine that.
>>51101
Excellent point.

[x] Look at Lucius as if asking for permission
-[x] 'May I?'
[x] If he grants permission, silence him with moon magic and continue the conversation.
[x] If he doesn't, keep your cool and continue the conversation
>> No. 51106
>>51103
Depending on where we drop the lot and for how long, the class can be anything from a sure-pass to an 'oh crap we're going to get our asses sued to kingdom come'. Despite the insanity of this plan, I'll admit that it amuses me horribly.
>> No. 51107
>>51105

Why the heck would you let some unknown magician cast her vile devil charms on your only son? Don't you know that Lucius is livin in times where niggas be killin each other on the streets for nothin?

You should exercise some caution yo, death eater clan ain't nothin ta fuck wit.
>> No. 51109
>>51105

The only problem with this is that we're giving authority to Lucius. As a guest, we shouldn't draw a weapon (without permission), yet as a teacher/authority/SuperMagicianYoukai, I'm not sure we want to lower ourselves in front of Snape, Alistair, Malfoy, Malfoy, and Malfoy (and a House Elf).

However, this is still the best way to challenge Draco, should we choose to do so. It will do the least to alienate Lucius, the undeniable head of the family.
>> No. 51110
>>51098
Why does difficulty/challenge mean life-threatening to Patchy?

I mean, we're theoretically going to be trying to ride herd on the Weasely Twins and keep a bunch of little morons from getting themselves killed when the portals start opening.

Personal danger isn't the ONLY challenge in life, you know.
>> No. 51111
>>51101
We're going to have to. Remember what Ran said about keeping Yukari entertained during our tenure: we just stay inside reading and grading/handing out papers, and she will decide to make things more "interesting" on her own.
>> No. 51112
>>51105

Well, once you get past mere breeding, it comes down to personal superiority. It shouldn't be a huge leap for Lucius to imagine a society of magical equals and how he'd stay on top. He doesn't exactly consort with the lower classes as it is.

But Patchouli's explanation deliberately ignored such things as her Golem-craft, with those and similar animation enchantments - that the Wizarding World is canonically capable of - a post-scarcity magical society isn't beyond reach.
>> No. 51113
>>51112

Forgot a part:

Actually, I think you're right. Once the issue comes down to personal superiority of wit and skill, it makes the idea of judging by magical capacity less meaningful and eventually irrelevant.
>> No. 51114
>>51107
Chillax, bro. Patchy be a teacher and all that shit, and those playa hata know that she ain't gonna do anything to lose street rep in front of them.
>>51109
Leaving everything aside, this is his house and it is his son. Asking for permission sounds natural, we'll do what we want in the school grounds.
>> No. 51115
[x] Ignore Draco until he's civil - he is beneath Patchouli's acknowledgement until then and prodding him gains her nothing.
[x] "Narcissa, you were saying?"
[x] If we can bring up what we came for. Tea supplies
>> No. 51117
>>51106
Seventh years only then.
17 is the age of majority, right? So we have them sign death waivers to release us from liability and we are home free.
>> No. 51118
Just a few suggestions that I know won't be followed due to how late it is now.

[x] Give an indifferent stare to Draco, and ask Lucius if his son is gifted or particularly talented.
[x] "Boy, if you are indeed as good as you think you are, I will remember to adjust the classes to your level."
[x] Inquire about the magical creatures they are familiar with. Special mention to fairies; learning the differences between their fairies and Gensokyo's fairies and the maids you will be using for the classes shuold be help dealing with the students.
[x] Inquire abour Snape's work/classes/magic capabilities.

Something simple and not really offending, as Patchy will have to adjust the classes to match the students capabilities. The fairy vote is part of that, and also because I'm not used to HP's world.
>> No. 51119
>>51110
Unclear word use on my part, I meant that I don't see anything being a real challenge for Patchouli unless she decides to do something that her magic isn't built to handle - like diplomacy or social engineering.
>> No. 51120
About difficulty, you guys seem to forget that keeping students in and safe may not be the problem: it would be getting others OUT, especially those that Patchouli are unlikely to defeat. Like say, Gods wanting to spread faith.

>>51118
First two lines are quite unlikely to happen as it should be clear to Patchouli now that Draco is too arrogant for his own good, just saying. As for the rest, we meet a teacher tomorrow and it will be a good topic for then, unlike now.
>> No. 51121
>>51120
Given that the main faith-gathering gods just escaped into Gensokyo, them expanding back out into the world they left voluntarily seems a bit unlikely. I'd be more worried about, say, if a portal connected the Herbology classroom to Mugenkan. Though the image of HPverse wizards walking into class expecting Ms Sprout (or whatever her name was) and instead finding Yuuka relaxing in a seat, parasol over shoulder makes me grin.

But anyways, I'd agree Draco hasn't shown himself to be anything other than ignorant and arrogant, and questions about magical creatures would be best left to when we can ask experts.
>> No. 51122
>>51121
And even if Moriya was to try would it be a problem? I doubt a few miracles here and there is going to cause trouble, at least not trouble they can't handle themselves.
Worst case scenario some religious nut will call them false and promptly get their arse kicked in retaliation. They may even help us by acting as another defense against more hostile invaders. Just stop things getting too boring and take it as it comes.
>> No. 51123
>>51121
Me too. And considering they're magelings who entered the class expecting to receive and follow orders, I can imagine them watering the sunflowers for two hours every class.
>> No. 51133
File 132850669665.jpg - (197.55KB, 761x900, af685a3784f2c15e8061bca106e147bf.jpg) [iqdb]
51133
You take a slow breath, inhaling and exhaling, and then focus a cool gaze on the petulant young whelp. And then, as he glowers darkly at you, you deliberately make an action calculated specifically to inflict the maximum amount of infuriation.

You dismiss the brat, completely and utterly, as the inconsequential gnat that he is, not even worth the effort of stretching out a finger to crush. His cheeks turn an ugly shade of red as you turn your attention to the infinitely more important matter of securing another pastry.

His hand whips up, already forming the first syllable of some incantation or another, tip pointed directly at you. Severus has already plucked it out of his hands before any sound passes the boy's lips, and he sets it down on the opposite side of his plate as Draco gapes like a stunned fish, and Lucius' face grows dark.

"Draco." Lucius says, warningly, and the boy seems to now dimly realize exactly the magnitude of his error. His father's voice is something like a steel blade wrapped in a silk cloth. "Did you just attempt to assault my guest, at my table?"

".... But she-!" the boy stammers, desperately attempting to shift blame for his actions.

"What she may have said or done is irrelevent, even or particularly if it was intended to goad you." He says, sternly. "The problem is that you allowed yourself to be goaded into action... like any headstrong and foolish Gryffindor. Really, Draco." He says, voice simply dripping with disappointment.

Draco looks as though he had bit into a chocolate scone only to find it stuffed with spinach and asparagus.

"If you intend to get anywhere in government circles, then you will have to cool your hot head." Lucius continues sharply. "Learn to smile, and murmur half-agreements and misleading words, most especially if you are dealing with some loathesome, pompous fool whose every word is an offense to the senses, or arrogant old men who will insist that they know what is best for you and your family better than you do, and make their every argument with empty platitudes and congenial fluff..."

Lucius took a moment to scowl. Then returned to cool neutrality.

"Indeed, if you must converse with... volatile acquaintances as well. You would do well to remember this. Perhaps you would do best to consider the matter most thoroughly... I believe you still have some holiday assignments to complete?"

"No, I finished...." Draco said, trailing off at his father's stern look. "... Yes. I should finish those right away."

He stands and pauses a moment, seeming to expect his wand to be returned to him. When Severus makes no move to do so, after a long moment, he frowns darkly. But he turns and stalks away nonetheless.

"In any case." You continue, ignoring the subtle tenseness of the atmosphere at the moment. "People seldom enter or leave, and so the magical, social, and cultural makeup and traditions of the place are little more than a point of curiosity for those who live outside its bounds."

"Indeed... though I do find myself curious." Lucius drawls. "Perhaps when I have found some number of days that I have nothing in particular devoted to, I might have a small vacation..."

"Oh, I much advise against it." You say, perfectly serious. "The local village is, in general, somewhat... inhospitable to Outsiders, and it would take some time indeed to ingratiate yourself with them. More than would be worth putting forward on a simple vacation. Those that live outside of the village, of course... you might find to be rather too welcoming of an Outsider which happened to wander into their midst."

"... And yet, Dumbledore mentioned neither of these facts." Lucius muses aloud.

"Ah, Albus. In point of fact, the man entered rather directly, by means of that bird of his, and left through the same means. He was hardly at the mansion for more than an hour, and certainly did not tour the countryside." You point out, and decide not to mention the small trouble the comings and goings of that bird had caused.

"Quite." Lucius says, arching an eyebrow as Severus appears grimly thoughtful. You may be letting on too much, at that. You withdraw a little, and allow Narcissa to take the lead in conversation.

"I don't suppose you would be aware, but the Potter boy had a recent hearing before the wizengamot, regarding illegal use of underaged magic in the presence of a muggle."

"The boy got off scot-free, of course." Severus nearly spat.

"Yes, even after an unusual mix-up with paperwork and a scheduled cleaning left him facing the full wizengamot." Lucius drawled. "An uncanny amount of fortune, that boy has. Not to mention his own fame and Dumbledore's clout to call upon, at need."

"Is that the case?" You ask.

"It was later confirmed, of course, that the muggle in question was a relative, and already fully aware of magic." Lucius continued, dismissively. "Simple misfortune that the fact was... missed, in the minister's hurry to catch the boy slipping into the larder unnanounced, as it were."

"In that light, it doesn't matter much, and no laws were broken, if the boy decided to... show off a little, in front of the cousin unfortunate enough to be born without any magical talent." Narcissa sniffed.

"Tales of Dementors, of course, simply requiring that the spell be used in their defense. All of the creatures were accounted for after Azkaban was queried, as it happens." Lucius says, deliberately making it clear that he finds the story dubious at best.

The talk turns to local events, with this. You listen with half an ear, and comment where appropriate, but focus on your own thoughts.

It does sound like a tall tale, spun to get out of trouble. At the same time, however, if Potter was telling the truth, then it implied a conspiracy to assassinate the boy, by some important official of the local government. You aren't sure what merited this response, but so long as no assassination attempts are made while the boy is in your care, you suppose it is really none of your concern.

The only soul-sucking abominations you intend to tolerate are the ones that make your tea, and you somehow doubt that these british Dementors are capable of brewing a decent cup. If any make an appearance, you will of course have to make an example of them.

The other matter on your mind is the clear differences between the Malfoy males. Quite obviously, the younger had deeply and whole-heartedly bought into this Dark Lord's philosophy and means of doing business. If called upon, he would march under that banner due to pure and simple devotion to The Cause. If the man was a God, then Draco would be an eagerly cherished source of abundant Faith. Lucius, by contrast, was a slippier eel to grasp. It didn't seem like he was as thoroughly enthralled by his allegiances as his son.

He did not, in short, believe in the Dark Lord. What Lucius Malfoy believed in, when it came down to it, was Lucius Malfoy. A partial reason for his allegiances was a similarity of belief, to be certain... but the greater part of it was simply that allying with the Dark Lord was the best of the available options for Lucius Malfoy, and by extension his family.

If a better option were to arise, then he's certainly the sort of fellow who would take advantage of the situation and cut ties. The political climate of the area seems divided into three parts. The Dark Lord, and his followers, the Ministry, and their workers and hanger-ons, and Albus and the Potter boy, along with those who follow them. With some blurring of the lines between the Ministry and the other two, it seems.

Remilia would be delighted to find the party lines so relatively clear cut, just waiting for her to meddle with them, you reflect. You don't really bother with that sort of pastime, though.

With discussions winding down, and tensions eased, you turn the conversation to the tea again with all the politeness and subtlety that you can muster.

"The Malfoy estates include a small plantation for the growth of tea leaves, among other things." Lucius says, vaguely. "Not for general public consumption, of course. But a small container has been prepared. Consider it a gift, with my compliments...."

"Ah, I am afraid that will not do. It is the place of the visitor to bring gifts to the host, after all. An exchange, however..." You say, creating something quickly, and then patting yourself down before you pull out a cut and polished sapphire the size of a hen's egg, perhaps a bit larger. Lucius' eyes are caught for a moment by the sparkle. Narcissa, beside you, seems to have temporarily stopped breathing. "I suppose that this will do, for lack of anything better."

".... Yes. I suppose that would suffice." Lucius says, voice silkily smooth as he accepts and inspects the stone closely. "It may be... of slightly more value than the tea, even. In a monetary sense alone."

"Tea, I can drink. A shiny rock has no immediate use but to weigh down my pockets or hold notes to a table." You point out, practically.

Lucius seems to be considering seriously, possibly for the first time, that you might have been serious about your thorough lack of interest in lucre. It seems to leave him sllightly uncertain about how to deal with you. After a moment, he just snaps his fingers, and the House Elf arrives with an ornamental box, which you presume has the tea inside.

The purpose of your trip essentially fulfilled with this, you make polite excuses and allow the Brownie to show you to the door. Alistair seems somewhat nonplussed by the whole sequence of events, box in one hand, as the gates swing shut behind you.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 51134
How much time has passed since the start of this trip to now? Need to know if enough time has passed so we can call those two back to then have Koakuma watch over the fairies cleaning while we check the books we just got.
>> No. 51135
> What Lucius Malfoy believed in, when it came down to it, was Lucius Malfoy
The solution to this, obviously, is to get Lucius Malfoy to believe in Patchouli Knowledge.

I also liked the dementor line.
>> No. 51136
[X] Choose one student from the other 3 houses, and play a little bit of meet and greet. Surely nobody would mind an upcoming teacher stopping by to say hello to the parents of the bright young students she will be teaching.

We've seen how the government politics work, now lets see how the school politics works. Also, the biggest part of a lesson plan, is teaching in ways that the students will understand.
>> No. 51137
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
[x] It's about time for Koakuma and Pory's excellent adventure to draw to a close. Pick them up once they've finished whatever they're currently doing.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[x] Create first year lesson plan, and possibly the second and third depending on how long they take. You'll do the rest later.
[x] Develop a high-pressure jet of water for the mouths of your golems. If there's nothing else to do and some time before bed, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[x] Go to bed, unless the Yukkuri were caught already, in which case you should apportion them for experimentation first.

I'd estimate that it's about late afternoon to early evening in Japan. I could be wrong, though.

Anyway, picking up our two minions, warding books, working on lesson plans, creating more elemental modifications, and possible yukkuri experiment setups.

I assume electricity falls under Metal?
>> No. 51138
Draco just tried to attack his teacher, and the guest of his father. I... have no words.

>>51136
While this idea has possibilities, the lack of characterisation of everyone in the other houses could make this difficult. Also, Patchouli probably doesn't care, what with only turning up for tea and all.

>>51137
Seconded.
>> No. 51141
>>51138
Pardon me, but would you happen to be new? Because the preferred form of seconding a vote is to copy&paste it into your own post, so as to help with votecounting.

You didn't do anything wrong, per se, it's just easier to recognize as a vote if you do it the above way. For extremely long votes, it is sometimes done similar to the way you did it, though with an [x] attached to help the author see it, for example: [x]>>postnumber.

In any case, if you are new, welcome to THP. The rules thread is at >>/gensokyo/6052, though your grammar and spelling seems to be pretty good already.

If you are not new, please accept my apologies for assuming that you were.
>> No. 51143
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Visit briefly with Alistair; ask him how he's been since you last came by. The garden seems to be keeping him occupied.
[x] Choose one student from the other 3 houses, and play a little bit of meet and greet. Surely nobody would mind an upcoming teacher stopping by to say hello to the parents of the bright young students she will be teaching.

Let's talk to people before running back to Gensokyo. It was only dawn when we arrived at Alistair's house, so the conversation and tea shopping can't have put us any farther than noon (probably).
>> No. 51144
>Choose one student from the other 3 houses, and play a little bit of meet and greet. Surely nobody would mind an upcoming teacher stopping by to say hello to the parents of the bright young students she will be teaching.

Does Patchy even know of any others? I doubt simply visiting random people will give us a good indication of the local politics anyway. We have a good excuse for not being in the know so we should leverage it until we can get a first hand feel, rather then trying to piece it together with unreliable information.

The only important thing right now is schedule negotiations and we can get info about that at tomorrows meeting.
>> No. 51145
Why do you guys want to prepare lesson plans before tomorrow's meeting that would tell us how they are? Maybe some outline, but else...

[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
[x] Ward your new books then start checking them for tomorrow's meeting.
>> No. 51146
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
- [x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
[x] Ward your new books then start checking them for tomorrow's meeting.

Man, Draco was hella mad there.
>> No. 51147
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
- [x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
[x] Ward your new books then start checking them for tomorrow's meeting.

Man, I can't wait to see if Draco is dumb enough to curse her in the back at school. He's certainly mad enough.
>> No. 51148
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
--[X] Now that you think about it, you might as well have them bring back some homunculi material when/if they do this in the future.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[X] Go over standard spellbooks.
[x] Develop a high-pressure jet of water for the mouths of your golems. If there's nothing else to do and some time before bed, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[X] If the yukkuri were caught already, prepare to allocate them to experiments.

Yeah, I'd rather not go visit people we have no reason to.
>> No. 51149
Didn't Dumbledore hired us to also fix/improve Hogwart wards?
He cartainly know that they are not perfect as we 'apparated' to his study in his full view (when we gave warning about Yukari portals).
This certainly showed that Patchouli is at least capable of ciecumventing some of them.
Something to have a word about when meeting him (not that the topic has to be initiated by Patchouli, he might ask her about it at any time they meet).

[x] Check Fairy maids work.
[x] Finish preparation for Dumbledore visit.
(We might make him discreetly(?) aware of fact that we don't appreciate being put on the spot like that notwithstanding our employment.)
[x] Talk with Remilia about political situation in Britain, involving her might do wonders for alevating Gap Hag boredom and postponing portal deployment.

(Please excuse any broken English, I'm not native speaker)
>> No. 51150
>>51149
Dumbledore did not.

>>51148
There's already a batch being done, so we have more than enough humonculi for now.
>> No. 51151
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
--[X] Now that you think about it, you might as well have them bring back some homunculi material when/if they do this in the future.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[X] Go over standard spellbooks.
[x] Develop a high-pressure jet of water for the mouths of your golems. If there's nothing else to do and some time before bed, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[X] If the yukkuri were caught already, prepare to allocate them to experiments.

This will do, I guess.
>> No. 51152
> Talk with Remilia about political situation in Britain, involving her might do wonders for alevating Gap Hag boredom and postponing portal deployment.

That is very tempting. On one hand letting Remi loose(or just hinting and waiting till she's in the mood, we can't force her to do anything) will be hilarious and keeps Voldy and Yukari busy at the same time while having relatively little direct effect on us. On the other hand it involves letting Remi loose(not that we can stop her) and that could come back to bite us in the ass if she gets linked to us.

That being said only Dumbledore knows about her right now, or more importantly the fact we know each other, and it is a fact their is little we can do to stop her from making it out of the barrier. We may be able to match her on healthy days but she can just call for Sakuya and we have no chance against both, giving us an excuse. These facts lower the risk of trouble biting back somewhat.

If we do this we may want to be very subtle about telling her, maybe leaving a wizards political magazine from the outside someplace she'll find it or leaving a conversation hook for her to use to inquire, then stating facts with a neutral "I don't care" tone.
>> No. 51153
>>51150
>Hogwart wards
Yes, I misremembered. Those were votes.
In the story Dumbledore only noted and asked about Patchouli skills in creating wards. >>46526
Still he certainly was interested. Something might come from this.
>> No. 51154
>>51153
Dumbledore would have to still have things left we want for us to see it as worthwhile to go out of our way to help him more than our job requires.

Anonymous 12/02/06(Mon)18:23 No. 51151

[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
--[X] Now that you think about it, you might as well have them bring back some homunculi material when/if they do this in the future.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[X] Go over standard spellbooks.
[x] Develop a high-pressure jet of water for the mouths of your golems. If there's nothing else to do and some time before bed, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[X] If the yukkuri were caught already, prepare to allocate them to experiments.

[x] Talk with Remilia about political situation in Britain, involving her might do wonders for alevating Gap Hag boredom and postponing portal deployment-- If we can do this and make her grateful for the favor instead of taking it as a sign that her last piece of forceful bargaining has softened us up and left us pliable to her will. We don't want her to think we're pushovers now.
>> No. 51155
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
--[X] Now that you think about it, you might as well have them bring back some homunculi material when/if they do this in the future.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[X] Go over standard spellbooks.
[x] Develop a high-pressure jet of water for the mouths of your golems. If there's nothing else to do and some time before bed, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[X] If the yukkuri were caught already, prepare to allocate them to experiments.

[x] Talk with Remilia about political situation in Britain, involving her might do wonders for alevating Gap Hag boredom and postponing portal deployment-- If we can do this and make her grateful for the favor instead of taking it as a sign that her last piece of forceful bargaining has softened us up and left us pliable to her will. We don't want her to think we're pushovers now.

Ohohoho, I shudder in anticipation of what might happen.
>> No. 51156
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
--[X] Now that you think about it, you might as well have them bring back some homunculi material when/if they do this in the future.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[X] Go over standard spellbooks.
[x] Develop a high-pressure jet of water for the mouths of your golems. If there's nothing else to do and some time before bed, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[X] If the yukkuri were caught already, prepare to allocate them to experiments.
-[x] The experimental boxes are in a location where they won't alarm any of the yukkuri we actually care about, right?

Hey guys, lets give Remilia a possible reason to cause trouble for us! No way this can go wrong!
>> No. 51158
What's with the huge votes that aren't going to all fit next update anyway?

[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
[x] Ward your new books then start checking them for tomorrow's meeting.

And not to break your fun and all, but remember that if it's going to cause trouble for her, Patchouli won't do it.

Even if she does, it's not like it can't wait to be mentionned over dinner or tea anyway.
>> No. 51177
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
--[X] Now that you think about it, you might as well have them bring back some homunculi material when/if they do this in the future.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[X] Go over standard spellbooks.
>> No. 51178
I tried to bring the todo lists (>>49987, up to date: )
- Find some manner of defending the library while out.
- Meet Remus (tomorrow at Alistair)
- Plan lessons (should meet Remus before this however)
- 'Discuss' the schedule with others teachers (will happen during last two days, time it will take unknown)
- Find some way to obtain best time slots from other teachers.
- Decide on loose schedule (then again, I think we're all agreeing on separating classes by years last it was talked about).
- If a lecture hall is to be made, better be ready for Earth day. Ideally, since we won't need it after this year, we should ask Albus where it could be made and if he has any specifications for it (beside our need that it should be able to house a whole year's worth of students). If needed, can always mention this could help balance the 'salary' further, if it didn't pass smoothly.
- Interview Pomphrey.
- Furnish our tower.
- Meet the other faculty members.
- Possibly arrange for another teaching assistant or Library defender, depending on what we want Koakuma's primary job to be.
>> No. 51182
Changing vote for >>51177
[x] Excellent, tea. Drop it off at Alistair's and remember to have your fairy maids clean up Alistair's house once they're done yukkuri-hunting.
-[x] Of course, not before you have called back Koakuma to supervise them. Once enough time has passed for Porphyrion, call them back.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
-[x] Put the unicorn horn somewhere you'll remember to experiment with it. By your box of medicine or something.
[X] Go over standard spellbooks.
>> No. 51190
File 132874538482.png - (937.50KB, 600x600, 50827089e3eeff81aeb48cf47fa7e18059bd8a98.png) [iqdb]
51190
"That should, I suppose, suffice for the meeting with Albus tomorrow." You say, prodding open a path back to Alistair's home.

"You couldn't have collected something from that friend of yours, rather than deal with the Malfoys?" Alistair groans. "They make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. If you get a pat on the back from one, you can be sure they're just feeling around for which spot a dagger would slide into most smoothly..."

"An attitude honed and maintained, no doubt, by significant political practice." You state dryly. "But I would not be entirely certain she had not flavored the leaves to her specific tastes in advance, and guests tend to find such surprises... unpalatable."

Alistair doesn't seem to grasp the implication for a few moments, then his mouth twists.

"That would be a problem, yes." He admits.

"Just the sort of thing she would find childishly amusing, as well. Best to avoid the risk."

Alistair seems a little startled at the inroads made towards cleanliness on the mansion's interior. The floor is now, in the vast majority of places, entirely visible and not, as before, coated in a thick carpet of dust. In several rooms, as well, the hanging cobwebs have been taken down as well.

It's still not what you would call 'acceptable', of course, though there's a dilapidated parlor of sorts that is approaching it a bit faster than the others. You gather the golems once more, and after some thought, craft internal reservoirs and functions to draw moisture out of the air to fill them, as well as an opening in the back of the mouth for focused jets of the water to spray free from at command. If they need refilling, the air is too dry, and the sprayed water has not yet evaporated, then they can simply fly through a cloud. The odds of random lightning strikes destroying the cleaning models is low. Though the expanded insides mean that the constructs have to be increased in size to compensate for the water-cavity in their interior.

It will hasten making floors and other solid surfaces presentable, anyway. The effort is a little tiring, though, and once you've finished you make a quick but polite retreat to the basement of your tower with a co-opted cleaning golem to carry the books and horn, walk through the portal to a chair, deposit them and send it back, and then sit down for a few minutes until you feel ready to stand up again without falling over.

It's a bit after dinner time, now, and the fairies sent out foraging have returned to report their efforts. One, heavily wrapped in reddened bandages, claw and tooth-marks visible, steps forward right away.

"I found a badger!" She declares proudly, looking a little pale and woozy from bloodloss. "And I got away, too!"

"Commendable of you. I sent you for yukkuri, however." You point out.

She stares blankly for a minute, then droops a little.

"Oh. That's right." She remembers.

There's very little success with the rest, either, though by comparison few failed so spectacularly as the first. One did manage to find a particularly disheveled and weedy looking Marisa with one eye, though they were unable to locate its nest or family. If it had either. A significant blemish like that would be more than enough to call for ostracization by other wild specimens. It seems you have been reminded that fae are not the most competent of assistants available, in most tasks. You are reminded, as you think about this, that the shopkeeper still has that one specimen in particular as well, though it will keep for a while yet before he disposes of it, assuming he does not change his mind.

You entertain the thought, for a moment, of introducing the single-eyed Marisa to the scarred Reimu. Either such a meeting would end well for them both, or very poorly indeed, with both of them defaulting to racial shallowness in spite of their own flaws.

In any case, you don't believe there is time to properly leaf through all of these books before you must lie down and rest from the day's exertions, but warding them is no trouble whatsoever. As well, you must ensure that the mansion is suitably repaired and ready to recieve guests.

You brace yourself with a strong cup of tea before setting in for the last of the day's work. First, alert Koakuma that playtime is quite over and that she should finishe whatever she is doing prepare straight away to return. This is done before drinking the tea, and you don't move to create a portal home until after it has been slowly drained.

The two smell strongly of their activities, and that won't do. You send them to the baths, and turn towards protecting the new books for the moment. Since you've specified a quick scrubbing to Koakuma, she returns from the facilities at about the same time as you finish the work, hair and wings only slightly damp.

You send her off to Alistairs, with those fae currently fit for any sort of duties, confident in the knowledge that she can keep them more or less in-line and on-task. You don't bother to leave the portal open. They'll be hard at work for a good while, and it won't hurt any of them to spend a night elsewhere. Even if Alistair doesn't have enough beds, they've all slept in worse places than a clean patch of floor, as well.

As for yourself, once you are capable of standing without leaning into a wall for support again, you decide it is high time for rest. There will be time to do things in the morning, as your appointment isn't until noon, england's time.

You aren't sure, but you might well be asleep before you have finished collapsing onto your bed.

---

The day is Aug 28, 4 days to term.
It is Sunday, Day of The Sun.
-- Yamame, luck+5, Medicine Backlash-7
Your health level is 62/100: Better than average. Your lungs, of course, disagree, protesting every breath drawn vehemently. Aside from this, you are reasonably healthy today.

---

You feel a little better, health-wise, when you rise in the morning. And at the very least, you are rested.

There's a note at your bedside: both of the yukkuri you have Meiling watching have given birth. Yukka has borne six infants, two of her own pattern and four P-patterns. None of them are bodied, unfortunately. Further notes show that while it has not shown any violence to the infants as yet, it is coldly snubbing and refusing to acknowledge their presence unless it must, only seeming to accept the existence of the two of its children which look similar to itself, and making a point of things to avoid the others. Given the general state of P-pattern health, this is accomplished easily by simply moving some distance away whenever they catch up, and waiting to repeat this action until the infants have struggled to catch enough breath to follow again, and make it to the new spot.

In short, those four rejected infants... the mother wouldn't go so far as to kill these on her own, given no unfortunate memories to associate with them, but with no real positive associations with them either, she had no qualms about attempting to abandon them to die on their own, as best as she was able. The likelihood is strong that they will expire attempting to gain the mother's favor, without outside intervention or removal to a different place of study.

By contrast, the scarred Reimu has born a full eleven infants to term, five of which are patterned after herself, and the remaining half dozen being P-patterns. Of these, one of both types are bodied. Unlike Yuka's selectivity, and possibly in light of the scars, the Reimu has accepted the full brood of unexpected children warmly, 'even the weird ones' it seems, and though they are startled by her appearance, in one of the P-pattern's cases to the point of passing out, most of them seem to have hesitantly accepted her as a maternal figure as well. There are a couple of outliers among the Reimu, however, which seem to be attempting to shun her as much as Yuka is attempting to avoid the children she doesn't care much for, but being infants they don't have much success at avoiding or escaping the mother's presence.

Also, judging by the faint noise of conversation outside, it seems you have guests.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 51191
[x] This is the best day you had in a while. Today would probably be the best to make that lecture hall after the meeting. If you're not sure you feel good enough however, take the medecine.
[x] Go see who's here.

If we're good enough to make that lecture hall, no need to take medecine. If not, we take it. Considering it's only 4 days before term and we aren't getting another earth day before term starts, we need to get started on it as soon as possible.

After that, the guests will probably take the whole update, so no need to post much beyond it. Recalling Koakuma and the fairies can be done right after next update.
>> No. 51192
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
-[x] Be sure to borrow Marisa's hat to examine its similarity in small details to those of the yukkuri.
[x] Deal with guests. If it's not something quick, remember what you were planning to do, and do that when you're done.
[x] Send Marisa to collect a family, or multiple families, of M-patterns, preferably ill-mannered ones. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
-[x] Set up a bunch of temporary pens so she has somewhere to drop them off.
-[x] Also have her give you the anti-magic bullets for study. give them back when done.
[x] Replace the R-patterns which are rejecting the mother with the rejected P-patterns. If you cannot convince the mother that they are its kids and the P-patterns that it is their real mother, crush them somewhere out of sight.
[x] Move the R-pattern and its family to a new pen in your library. It hasn't bonded with the Y-pattern, so there's no point in making Meiling take care of them, unless she wants to.
[x] Put the two rejecting R-patterns in experiment boxes. They'll eventually be used to test whether hats grow on other types, and if the original accessory needs to be removed to do so.
[x] Show the one-eyed M-pattern the scarred R-pattern, and observe its reaction. If positive, introduce the two, reminding the R-pattern of its scars if it dislikes the newcomer. If negative, or the R-pattern cannot be convinced to accept it, put it somewhere else for Koakuma to test for a soul later.
[x] Once Yukkuri-shuffling is complete, go through your new books.

Some yukkuri stuff, then hit the books.
>> No. 51196
[x] Take medicine.
[x] Check on our guests.
[x] Preliminary plan for the day:
- [x] Check on the Koa cleaning crew at Alistair's mansion.
- [x] Go through the newly acquired books.
- [x] Go to the meeting.
- [x] Consider making a lecture hall today.

Let's take our medicine every day. We have a good amount in supply, and the effect on our health has a positive expected value. It might also offer permanent benefits in the long run.

Current estimation of the Gaussian distribution for our HP with Yamame influence: µ = 58.25, σ = 11.7
Sample: 56, 69, 75, 70, 51, 44, 41, 60
>> No. 51197
>>51196
Thanks, statanon!
>> No. 51200
>>51192 here, changing vote because >>51191 has a point and there's little to no chance of getting anything else done with the guests there. I'm not deleting so that next update (or perhaps the one after that), I can copy and paste it, remove the bit about guests, and use it as my vote.

[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Take medicine.
[x] Check on our guests.
[x] Preliminary plan for the day:
- [x] Check on the Koa cleaning crew at Alistair's mansion.
- [x] Yukkuri management.
- [x] Go through the newly acquired books.
- [x] Go to the meeting.
- [x] Making a lecture hall today, with Dumbledore's advice.
>> No. 51203
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Guests.

I don't care about the rest, which is gonna be filled up by guest hijinks anyway. My guess is it's the Eientei crew.
>> No. 51204
[x] Take medicine.
[x] Go through the newly acquired books.
[x] Check on the Koa cleaning crew at Alistair's mansion.
>> No. 51210
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Guests.
>> No. 51211
[x] Guests
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
>> No. 51212
[x]Guests.

And if it goes nice and quick:
[x]Check Yukkuri, warn noncooperative (Yukka) one(s) that Remirya and Rachel could always get a new snack.
Sort them out, more inteligent ones (P-type) could be transfered to reading lessons with their father.
>> No. 51213
>>51212
Actually with the P-Patterns born of the Y-Pattern if they're brought to their father would he accept or recognize them as being his offspring? If anything bring one of the P-Patterns to the father and test the response.
>> No. 51217
>>51213
It should be smart enough to realize the situation if we choose to tell it about the experiment.
>> No. 51218
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
-[x] Be sure to borrow Marisa's hat to examine its similarity in small details to those of the yukkuri.
[x] Deal with guests. If it's not something quick, remember what you were planning to do, and do that when you're done.
[x] Send Marisa to collect a family, or multiple families, of M-patterns, preferably ill-mannered ones. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
-[x] Set up a bunch of temporary pens so she has somewhere to drop them off.
-[x] Also have her give you the anti-magic bullets for study. give them back when done.
[x] Replace the R-patterns which are rejecting the mother with the rejected P-patterns. If you cannot convince the mother that they are its kids and the P-patterns that it is their real mother, give them to the original bodied Patchouli.
[x] Move the R-pattern and its family to a new pen in your library. It hasn't bonded with the Y-pattern, so there's no point in making Meiling take care of them, unless she wants to.
[x] Put the two rejecting R-patterns in experiment boxes. They'll eventually be used to test whether hats grow on other types, and if the original accessory needs to be removed to do so.
[x] Once Yukkuri-shuffling is complete, go through your new books.
>> No. 51219
[x] Guests
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Books, books, books.
>> No. 51220
[x] Medicine
[x] Guests
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Books, books, books.
>> No. 51221
[x] Medicine
[x] Guests
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Books, books, books.
>> No. 51222
[x] Medicine
[x] Guests
[x] Books, books, BOOKS..
Books are good.
>> No. 51223
[x] Guests
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Books, books, books.

No real need for taking the medicine today. 62 is an acceptable level, so let's please avoid tomorrow's backlash.
>> No. 51224
[x] Medicine
[x] Guests
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
[x] Books, books, books.
>> No. 51226
>>51223
Please note: Every single time we opt to not take the medicine, the total amount of HP we have over the course of this quest is lowered by 6.25 HP (on average). We should only do this, if there is some highly important business on the next day, which absolutely requires us to be at our best and is worth giving up 6.25 HP. In case you have forgotten the exact mechanics of the medicine, here's a quick reminder:

>>46833
> One dose of medicine will increase today's health by 5d4 points, however, half that amount will be removed from your health level tomorrow.
Doing some quick maths gives us the following:
Expected HP gain: E(5d4) = 5*E(1d4) = 5*(1+2+3+4)/4 = +12.5 HP
Expected HP loss the next day: -E(5d4)/2 = -6.25 HP
Expected value of taking medicine: 12.5HP - 6.25HP = +6.25 HP
>> No. 51227
>>51226
...That's kind of stupid logic as I see it. What the hell does an average help in this? If we hold off today, we can be more healthy tomorrow. The only thing the medecine is stated to do is give a bonus to hp at the expense of next day's roll. Why take medecine if you don't need it?

The only strenuous exercice that justify it today is the lecture hall's construction. Apart from that, I see no point in taking it today.
>> No. 51228
>>51227

I don't know, maybe meeting Dumbledore? It's not like that is going to be important at all.

More importantly, Eiren/Yamame are keeping their eyes on us to make sure we keep on taking medicine. Eiren has threatened repercussions if we don't.

Plus, 62 HP is pretty crappy, no matter what way you look at it. It's better than average, but mediocre health and magic is hardly what we're aiming at.
>> No. 51230
>>51227
The simple fact is that, overall, we have more HP if we take medicine daily.

Example:
56, 69, 75, 70, 51, 44, 41, 60 (Total: 466) - No medicine
69, 63, 88, 64, 64, 38, 54, 54 (Total: 494) - Medicine on odd days
69, 75, 81, 76, 57, 50, 47, 66 (Total: 521) - Medicine on all days

If you are worried about backlash sending us below 0, due to unlucky rolls, rest assured that this is highly unlikely, as long as we have Yamame. Using the latest estimation for the probability distribution of our HP rolls, the odds of rolling sufficiently low for that to happen are below 1 in 30000. If we assume that Kahi decided on nice, round numbers for µ and σ (µ=60, σ=10 seems likely so far), it's way below 1 in a million.

>>51228
> It's better than average, but mediocre health and magic is hardly what we're aiming at.
Indeed. Considering our HP rolls since we got Yamame, it's only very slightly above average (62-58=4) too.
>> No. 51233
I would like to point out +6 hp on average isn't a significant bonus either. And I'm not worried about hitting 0 either.

But taking the medecine constantly means always suffering the backlash. Odds are that unless with great luck, we'll never hit above 80 health again, because our starting roll always suffer from the backlash penalty. 90 is already something we'll never hit again unless luck go all out. If we hadn't suffered the backlash today for exemple, we would be at 69. Then hitting 80 with medecine would not have been hard.
>> No. 51234
>>51233
> Odds are that unless with great luck, we'll never hit above 80 health again, because our starting roll always suffer from the backlash penalty.
Taking medicine daily, we need a starting roll of 74 (on average). This is about 1.4 standard deviations, which gives odds better than 1:7. Since we only want rolls in the upper half, it's 1:14. If we figure in the current +5 luck bonus, we have to roll a 69, which is less than one standard deviation. Cutting off the lower half again, we have odds better than 1:6. I don't think saying this requires "great luck" is quite appropriate.
>> No. 51236
>>51234
With Yamame effect that make it more likely to hit the middle, 30-70 at best and 40-60 more likely? Hitting 74 on base will require more luck than you think.
>> No. 51237
>>51236
No. Yamame's effect seems to be centred around 60, not 50. The current mean is 58.25.
>> No. 51238
>>51237

Meh, not enough data to really say. What, eight trials? That's a good model for what we have, but there's a serious element of random chance, especially with that variance we're seeing.
>> No. 51239
I'd laugh if the yamanae health roll was just 5d20...
>> No. 51240
>>51238
Well, statistics are able to give an estimation on this too.

Hey stat anon! What are the probability of us observing a mean value of 60 if the true value is 50? Or to phrase it differently, can we with a, let’s say 80% probability, say that the true value of average health is significantly higher than 50?
>> No. 51242
>>51240
I just threw a quick one-sample t-test at it. Given our current sample, there's a probability of about 90% that µ is not 50.

>>51239
That would correspond to a normal distribution with a mean of 52.5 and a standard deviation 12.9. This is less unlikely than µ=50. Using µ=52.5 as the assumed mean, we only get to reject the null hypothesis with a probability of about 77%.
>> No. 51244
>>51226
>>51230
>>51240
>>51242
Off topic, but it's things like this that make me love this board. The fact that people are willing to go into this much detail, and put this much work into this is amazing.
>> No. 51245
>>51244

Believe t or not, /sdm/ is not the only board with people like these. /th/ has them too.
>> No. 51246
>>51244
You talking about kahi's Doll Quest?

Also, we can always carry the medicine with us, just in case.
>> No. 51247
Eirin says TAKE THE MEDICINE.

WE LISTEN TO OUR DOCTOR, WE TAKE THE GODDAMN MEDICINE.
>> No. 51249
>>51247
Yeah. Remember how she started threatening us when we balked at following her will last time?
Eirin is one of the people we can't just steam-roll AND our only source of medicine AND the boss of one of our sort-of friends/love-interests. Let's not make her too mad.

[x] Guests
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.

Really, how much time the guests take up will affect the rest of our plans.
>> No. 51250
>>51239
>>51242
I had rather thought 10d10 (µ=55, σ=9.08), myself: there is some supporting evidence that Kahi likes d10s.

[x] Take the goddamn medicine.
>> No. 51251
File 132897186061.png - (3.33KB, 612x124, 10d10.png) [iqdb]
51251
>>51250
Possible, though he has also used random.org before, which has a Gaussian random number generator. In that regard, I found the comment regarding the "bell" (>>47750) to be somewhat suggestive.
>> No. 51252
Hey guys, a doctor that created the IMMORTALITY ELIXIR, told us to take our medicine every day if we want to see our health improve. Maybe, you know, we should listen to her? You know, the doctor that's older than most civilizations? I don't think a person with only a century or so of magic under her belt should be second guessing that kind of expertise. Patchouli has kinda demonstrated she sucks at trying to solve this kind of thing on her own.

I mean, thinking of this in terms of math is fine and all, but that is the biggest failing of a mathematician: assuming the numbers they are given are the only factors. For all we know, there could be another factor the medicine is affecting. Heck, there could be a hidden variable that eliminates the illness, or reduces the backlash after we take a certain amount. It is common in medicine to see severe backlash before a cure.

In any case, there's not really ANY downside to taking the medicine. If we get a backlash, just take more and most of the time it should not only offset the loss, but give us a net gain as well. It is pretty much win/win, barring a couple hiccups.

[x] Take your god damned medicine
>> No. 51253
>>51252
And the maths agree with Eirin, so yeah!
>> No. 51254
[X] Take the damn medicine.
[X] Keep taking the medicine every day, and stop asking yourself about it.
>> No. 51257
File 132903393719.jpg - (332.76KB, 799x600, 6334020854486d8cd1f94ded497fbaf8.jpg) [iqdb]
51257
Medicine first.

You stumble up and out of your room, ignoring Kirisame and the other forest magician sniping at each other and Tewi lounging idly and chatting with the spider as you head for the box of vials, select one, and drink. You need to be in the best possible condition for your meeting with Albus and his own pet werewolf later today. +14 = 76 health

You feel significantly better than before, breath easing to some degree.

"Really only came to see you make a fool of yourself with this, Marisa." Margatroid says, shortly. "I'd expected you to be making a mockery of your magical ability by dusting book cases by now. And it seems I am to be disappointed."

"Yeah, I already said this isn't a permanent thing." Marisa replies.

"I'm sure. But one can always hope that you might find interests more suitable for you and begin practicing them in earnest. Who knows? Perhaps you will develop a lifelong interest in bakery or crochet, shut down that terrible little magic shop of yours, and employ yourself as the servant of someone more diversely capable in matters than simply choosing between 'flashy' and 'flashier' explosions."

"I dunno. You think Patchy'd go for that?" Marisa replies, feigning thoughtfulness.

"I wasn't speaking of the lavender sociopath." Margatroid says flatly.

"Yeah, I know. You had the whole cold sarcasm thing going." Kirisame says, through a smirk.

You cough. Loudly.

"Amusing as this is, the lavender sociopath has a question for you." You say dryly, as their eyes turn to you. "Margatroid. Why and how are you currently in my library, and yet not currently on fire? Yet."

She rolls her eyes.

"I explained to the gatekeeper my business. To point at Kirisame. And laugh." She says, very slowly, as though speaking to a short tempered half-wit. "She let me right through immediately."

"Of course. Because she couldn't have sent Kirisame out to be heckled instead, thus bypassing my own personal inconvenience of hosting the both of you at the same time." You say grumpily. "I suppose you'll want tea, too."

"That would be unexpectedly pleasant of you, yes." Alice replies, as Sakuya appears briefly to set down a tray of crumpets. Well, you wouldn't mind tea yourself. You summon a maid to deliver it.

You're even kind enough not to privately instruct that the other magician's teacups be poisoned, a graciously magnanimous gesture that you doubt either of them will properly appreciate. Opportunity aside, you still have a few days to squeeze out of Marisa, after all.

"Anyway, Princess and the firebug aren't exactly happy about the hijinx Kirisame got up to." Tewi says, lazily. "Kinda pissed. Marisa might want to avoid the bamboo forest for a few weeks. .... Maybe years. But realistically, I think 'weeks' is all she'll manage before she has to stick her nose into things just to see what happens."

"And 'she' is sitting right here, listening." Marisa points out.

"Yeah. I don't really want to talk to you, though." Tewi replies immediately.

"And you didn't tell them where she was currently residing?" You ask, cautiously.

"Nah. Not until they cool off, anyway. And by that time, she won't be here any more anyway." She says. Then snaps her fingers. "Oh, right. Your house has a hole in it now, witch. A pretty big one. Princess and the firebug were actually unhappy enough to both show up and blast it at the same time."

"Oh, that's just great." Marisa grumbles.

"Then they figured out you weren't there and things devolved into one of their normal brawls. A couple acres of forest might have burned down. It grew itself back by the next day no trouble, though. Convenient of it."

"Yes, well. I have things to do. Try not to get more in the way than you already are, Margatroid, help yourself to the treats, Tewi, and as for everyone in general, bother me at your own risk." You say sourly.

There are far too many magicians in your library. You're going to be terribly surly until there are fewer, you fear.

... There are still a number of homunculi in a tank, as well. You'd forgotten about them, it seems, in your haste for slumber. Well, it doesn't really matter, they won't die of thirst for a while yet and they can be removed at any convenient time.

This time is not convenient.

Because now, you have to measure hats.

There has not been any appreciable results, however, and you doubt there will be so soon. Perhaps in another week or two. This pivotally important task complete, despite results remaining inconclusive, you turn instead to dealing with matters related to your pending employment. The books.

You leaf quickly through the first Standard Spellbook. You aren't really sure about what you determine. Spells to lock and unlock things without use of a key, little magics to mend broken or torn items, and convenience cantrips to soften or make things more comfortable. Most of the way through the book, you start finding things slightly more interesting, with a nearly harmless hex which might cause a grown man to stagger back very slightly from concussive force perhaps equivalent to a slightly younger man's punch. There is also a spell to cut things without scissors, though it doesn't seem like it would do more than give someone a nasty papercut, as it appears to have been designed to cut through relatively thin items: paper and fabric. You suppose it might be of marginal utility, if accurately deployed to the jugular or wrists, but have your doubts even there. Perhaps if more power than the spell strictly required was put into it, either deliberately, out of desperation, or from sheer incompetence.... Finally, near the very end, you find a spell that sets things on fire.

This, at least, would have some use in practical defense, though admittedly not much, as the flames seem to be only as intense as normal flames, and will hardly sear opponents to ash in an eyeblink's time. It is, however, a start. The rest of the book is entirely worthless.

In any case, you believe you have a rough estimation of what your first-year lesson plan should be. "The art of wisdom: Knowing when to run away and leave matters to a professional." You don't doubt that you will often find yourself using the youngest of the lot as stand-ins for bystanders, citizens that must be escorted to safety, and simple incompetent team-mates that must be accounted for and planned around, in any practical lessons or demonstrations that might be held.

You stretch slightly, considering whether to continue on through the second book. It is quite some time before your appointment, after all. It's not impossible you could get through all of the spellbooks, this one certainly didn't take you long.

Rachel has seated herself on your hat at some point, and appears to have been quietly reading along with you.

---

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 51258
[x] Be sure to borrow Marisa's hat to examine its similarity in small details to those of the yukkuri.
[x] Send Marisa to collect a family, or multiple families, of M-patterns, preferably ill-mannered ones. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
-[x] If she won't stop complaining about the hole in her house, pop over there real quick and fix it with Wood.
-[x] Set up a bunch of temporary pens so she has somewhere to drop them off.
-[x] Also have her give you the anti-magic bullets for study. Give them back when done.
[x] Replace the R-patterns which are rejecting the mother with the rejected P-patterns. If the mother doesn't want to take care of them or they won't accept it as their parent, crush them somewhere out of sight.
[x] Move the R-pattern and its family to a new pen in your library. It hasn't bonded with the Y-pattern, so there's no point in making Meiling take care of them, unless she wants to.
[x] Put the two rejecting R-patterns in experiment boxes. They'll eventually be used to test whether hats grow on other types, and if the original accessory needs to be removed to do so.
[x] Show the one-eyed M-pattern the scarred R-pattern, and observe its reaction. If positive, introduce the two, reminding the R-pattern of its scars if it dislikes the newcomer. If negative, or the R-pattern cannot be convinced to accept it, put it somewhere else for Koakuma to test for a soul later.
[x] Once Yukkuri-shuffling is complete, go through the rest of the standard spellbooks.
-[x] Give Rachel the first primer to look at while you do so.
>> No. 51266
>>51258
Don't you think there's something wrong with your piorities here?

[x] Oh, right. Koakuma and the fairies. You should probably go get them back before boredom make them start trouble.
-[x] So long as you get them back without seeing Alistair (they should know what to do when you open the portal), Rachel can stay on your head. Otherwise, ask her to wait a few minutes.
[x] Continue reading the books, at a faster pace just in case something pops up before the meeting.
>> No. 51267
> You're even kind enough not to privately instruct that the other magician's teacups be poisoned, a graciously magnanimous gesture that you doubt either of them will properly appreciate. Opportunity aside, you still have a few days to squeeze out of Marisa, after all.
Oh, Patchouli.

[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Continue reading the books.
>> No. 51268
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Continue reading the books.
[x] Pet Rachael and give her a treat when you're done
>> No. 51269
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Continue reading the books.

Constructive use of our time until the meeting.
>> No. 51270
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Be sure to borrow Marisa's hat to examine its similarity in small details to those of the yukkuri.
[x] Send Marisa to collect a family, or multiple families, of M-patterns, preferably ill-mannered ones. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
-[x] If she won't stop complaining about the hole in her house, pop over there real quick and fix it with Wood.
-[x] Set up a bunch of temporary pens so she has somewhere to drop them off.
-[x] Also have her give you the anti-magic bullets for study. Give them back when done.
[x] Replace the R-patterns which are rejecting the mother with the rejected P-patterns. If the mother doesn't want to take care of them or they won't accept it as their parent, crush them somewhere out of sight.
[x] Move the R-pattern and its family to a new pen in your library. It hasn't bonded with the Y-pattern, so there's no point in making Meiling take care of them, unless she wants to.
[x] Put the two rejecting R-patterns in experiment boxes. They'll eventually be used to test whether hats grow on other types, and if the original accessory needs to be removed to do so.
[x] Show the one-eyed M-pattern the scarred R-pattern, and observe its reaction. If positive, introduce the two, reminding the R-pattern of its scars if it dislikes the newcomer. If negative, or the R-pattern cannot be convinced to accept it, put it somewhere else for Koakuma to test for a soul later.
[x] Once Yukkuri-shuffling is complete, go through the rest of the standard spellbooks.
-[x] Give Rachel the first primer to look at while you do so.
[x] Continue reading the books.

We've got plenty of time. Yukkuri stuff shouldn't take too long, I think.
>> No. 51271
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] >>51258
[x] Continue reading the books.

We've got plenty of time. Yukkuri stuff shouldn't take too long, I think.
>> No. 51272
>>51270
>>51271
Both me, please disregard one.
>> No. 51273
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Continue reading the books.
>> No. 51274
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Continue reading the books.
[x] If whatever time is avaliable and not a problem for more important things, the "yukkuri plans" vote
>> No. 51276
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Continue reading the standard spellbooks.
-[x] Give Rachel the first spellbook to read on the table next to you.
[x] If time permits, the "yukkuri plans" vote.

This seems like a pretty good idea.
>> No. 51278
[x] Send Marisa to:
-[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
-[x] bring the rejected p-pattern to the father. If confused to tell it they came from an experiment.
-[x] Move the R-pattern and its family to a new pen in your library. It hasn't bonded with the Y-pattern, so there's no point in making Meiling take care of them, unless she wants to.
-[x] Put the two rejecting R-patterns in experiment boxes. They'll eventually be used to test whether hats grow on other types, and if the original accessory needs to be removed to do so.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew personally. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Finish reading all the standard spellbooks before the meeting so you have something to plan around.
-[x] Give Rachel the first spellbook to read on the table next to you.

We have Marisa as a servant for a reason. And considering that Alice came to see some servant work, why not? Also it's more efficient to delegate work around anyway.
>> No. 51281
>>51278
You do realize the Remilias type may get confused as who is 'sis' and who is not? Risky. And the mother may react badly too.

Also, we don't know when Rachel started reading with us, so she may not want the first book. And it may be a bit early considering her current strength at her age. Paper is no trouble, but one accident with the cover...

Finally, unless you have a task planned, the humonculi will need to be moved to storage. Better have Koakuma around for bringing in the containers before we freeze them.
>> No. 51283
[x]Does Rachel really read with us, or did she only try to please us? Investigate.

That spellbok was written in English.
And mutant Yukkuri, even if epic-smart (the one mentioned/hinted in City Ques?) for one of its kind should only have learned to read easier moonrunes?
Unless all that potential language barrier is swept under carpet with "It's magic, I'm not gonna explain shit!" explanation.
>> No. 51290
[x] Finish your tea.
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank. Marisa can then clean them up once they're decanted.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] If she is still here, do what you can to encourage Margatroid to go away.
-[x] If subtle hints do no good, draft her into designing some suitable clothing for your homunculi. If hanging around nekkid meat-puppets is not enough to drive her off, you might at least get some garments for them that are better than you could come up on your own.
-[x] Possibly encourage Tewi and Marisa to help. That would be enough to drive you off, at least.
[x] Continue reading the standard spellbooks.
-[x] Give Rachel the first spellbook to read (or at least look at) on the table next to you.
>> No. 51292
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done, but have a few fairies stay around to serve the tea. You should also introduce them to Dumbledore, as a teacher's tools.
[x] Continue reading the books.

Don't send all fairies home. The tea isn't going to serve itself, and it's only rude to make your guests server their own drinks.
>> No. 51294
>>51283
She's half P-Type. She likes books, even if she can't read them.
I get the feeling this one is smart enough to try and understand something anyway.
>> No. 51295
[x] Finish your tea.
[x] Send Marisa to:
-[x] bring the rejected p-pattern to the father. If confused to tell it they came from an experiment.
-[x] Move the R-pattern and its family to a new pen in your library. It hasn't bonded with the Y-pattern, so there's no point in making Meiling take care of them, unless she wants to.
-[x] Put the two rejecting R-patterns in experiment boxes. They'll eventually be used to test whether hats grow on other types, and if the original accessory needs to be removed to do so.
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank. Marisa can then clean them up once they're decanted and she's done with the previous chores.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done, but have a few fairies stay around to serve the tea.
[x] If she is still here, do what you can to encourage Margatroid to go away.
-[x] If subtle hints do no good, draft her into designing some suitable clothing for your homunculi. If hanging around nekkid meat-puppets is not enough to drive her off, you might at least get some garments for them that are better than you could come up on your own.
-[x] Possibly encourage Tewi and Marisa to help. That would be enough to drive you off, at least.
[x] Continue reading the standard spellbooks.
-[x] Give Rachel the first spellbook to read (or at least look at) on the table next to you.

Sounds about right. Patchy is too much of a sperg to just interact normally without having a reason.
>> No. 51296
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Continue reading the standard spellbooks.
-[x] Give Rachel the first spellbook to read on the table next to you.
[x] If time permits, the "yukkuri plans" vote.
>> No. 51297
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done, but have a few fairies stay around to serve the tea. You should also introduce them to Dumbledore, as a teacher's tools.
[x] Continue reading the books.

Fuck the fucking yukkuri. Drop that shit plot already.
>> No. 51298
>>51297
It's Angrynon! Where have you been? I missed you!
>> No. 51299
>>51297
I agree, they are boring and out of place
>> No. 51300
>>51298
Nope, it's not me. It's a new one.
>> No. 51301
File 132920136350.jpg - (37.35KB, 410x318, cromartie.jpg) [iqdb]
51301
>>51299
>>51297
>> No. 51302
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done, but have a few fairies stay around to serve the tea. You should also introduce them to Dumbledore, as a teacher's tools.
[x] Continue reading the books.
[x] Leave yukkuri stuff for later, you have more important matters to attend to.

I lime yukkuri and have been voting positively for them, but holy fuck, it's getting out of control.
>> No. 51303
>>51302
>lime

*like
>> No. 51304
>>51302
If you're talking about the length of the votes regarding them, that's probably mostly because a number of different yukkuri events (The fairy hunting party returning and two concurrent births) happened at the same time.

That said, if you're talking about number of yukkuri, I suppose I agree with you. I don't really think we need to go out and capture MORE yukkuri, since we can just wait for an experimental M-pattern to grow up and use that.

[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done.
[x] Make plans to release the R-patterns into the wild (or Sakuya's care, assuming she wants more) once they reach adulthood. They don't really seem to like books and if you need more, you can always arrange a breeding with Sakuya's pet. Rachel is, obviously, not included in this.
[x] Be sure to borrow Marisa's hat to examine its similarity in small details to those of the yukkuri.
[x] Replace the R-patterns which are rejecting the mother with the rejected P-patterns. If the mother doesn't want to take care of them, give them to Patchurri, but if they won't let go of their real parent, crush them somewhere out of sight.
[x] Move the R-pattern and its family to a new pen in your library. It hasn't bonded with the Y-pattern, so there's no point in making Meiling take care of them, unless she wants to.
[x] Put the two rejecting R-patterns in experiment boxes. They'll eventually be used to test whether hats grow on other types, and if the original accessory needs to be removed to do so.
[x] Show the one-eyed M-pattern the scarred R-pattern, and observe its reaction. If positive, introduce the two, reminding the R-pattern of its scars if it dislikes the newcomer. If negative, or the R-pattern cannot be convinced to accept it, put it somewhere else for Koakuma to test for a soul later.
[x] Continue reading the standard spellbooks.
-[x] Give Rachel the first spellbook to read (or at least look at) on the table next to you.

We don't need the Remilias, and we should only kill the Patchoulis if they can't give up on their parent who ignores them, because then we'll be saving them a lot of heartbreak.
>> No. 51306
[x] Get the homunculi out of the tank.
[x] Check on Koa's cleaning crew. Get them home, if they are done, but have a few fairies stay around to serve the tea. You should also introduce them to Dumbledore, as a teacher's tools.
[x] Continue reading the books.
[x] Leave yukkuri stuff for later, you have more important matters to attend to.

Please, leave the yukkuri alone. We can deal with them later, a single book is more important than them (unless it's Rachel and the first P-type).
>> No. 51307
I'll read whatever Kahi sees fit to serve us, but personally the only Yukkuri I *want* to read about is Rachel.
>> No. 51308
>>51307

Agreed, Rachel is the only yukkuri I care about as well.
>> No. 51309
File 132925753717.jpg - (110.65KB, 850x564, sample_56537db8aa4dcc2d10733ec8b9dff6f0ee03dd48.jpg) [iqdb]
51309
At this exact point in time, you really have more important matters to be dealing with than meddling with the specimens.

But that's why you have other people around to do these things for you, you suppose. You jot down a list of instructions, complete with 'If -> then' qualifications for the most likely results, and judge her prepared to handle the restructuring and repositioning. Which will mostly just involve picking the things up and carrying them around. You had also thought about locating more, but for the moment, you see no reason to collect more wild ones.

"Also." You say, rising. "I want to have a look. At that thing."

"Oh? What thing?" Marisa says, being deliberately obtuse.

"Don't be coy. You were deliberately vague in recounting what you collected from Eientei." You say, crossly. "Which alone is sufficient reason to suspect that you found something of interest there. I'd like a look at it."

A strange look crosses over Kirisame's face at the demand. Then, with a shrug, she removes from her person a single, heavily engraved silver bullet. It appears to be designed for firing from some manner of revolver. She sets it on the table.

"Have at it. Just let me know what you find out, and all. Nearly took one of these in the face, seems like they blow through barriers and shields like paper."

You make a noise of vague agreement, inspecting the carvings closely. The runes are unfamiliar to you. Some sort of lunar design, obviously. Almost guaranteed to be designed to kill magic-users and other beings likely to make the sort of barriers that would usually deflect or halt the progress of a normal bullet. Vicious little thing. You would have to halt the bullet by manipulating the metal it was made up of, if it were deployed against you. There's little else to determine, of course, without actually firing the bullet, and that will certainly be delayed at the least until you've made a detailed copy and notes of these inscriptions, so that you can later attempt to duplicate them.

Marisa has already left before you tear your attention away to demand her hat as well. Likely irrelevant, as she makes a point of regularly changing the details of her clothing, and as such it is extremely unlikely that the headwear would match up perfectly with that of any given M-pattern. You set up holding pens in any case, so that she won't feel forced to bother you while you're dealing with more immediately important matters, and open up the vat. As expected, there's a tangled heap of unclothed bodies inside. You line them up for later inspection and storage, then pay them no further mind as Sakuya calmly drapes sheets over the homunculi, for the time being the closest thing to 'clothes' they will need.

The next quick matter is to check on the status of the mansion, to be sure that it's at least closing on acceptability. It seems, at the very least, to be clean, when you glance through the eyes of various of the cleanliness-enforcement golems. That itself is acceptable. Koakuma doesn't seem to be satisfied, though, and a check reveals that she wants a few more hours to finish up. Several of the rooms she's finished with are perfectly presentable, though austere from lack of ornamentation, and of course less than remarkable compared to any given room of Remilia's own mansion. It will not, however, be an embarassment to hold a meeting and civil discussion within one of them.

You do not doubt that the fairies, if you could ask them, would have been of the opinion that everything was fine hours ago, as they are displaying blatantly theatric expressions and demonstrations of weariness and exhaustion. They'll probably be more than happy to collapse somewhere upon their return. Fae servants to handle matters during the meeting itself aren't out of the question, but they won't be the same ones to have worked all night on ensuring presentability.

Time to get back to business, in any case. You set the first book aside, along with, after a long moment of thought, an accurate translation dictionary. It'll be interesting enough to see how this goes. But you have other concerns.

The second level of Standard spells continue with what seems to be a generally heavy bias towards spells designed for utility and the personal comfort of the user, with cleaning spells of many varieties, for different materials and surfaces, as well as a subset of cleanliness charms designed specifically to handle personal hygiene. It seems that a competent magic-user, once past this level, need never leave their seat in the library and still remain fresh and well groomed indefinitely. The concept has some appeal, certainly, but for the purposes of your employment these sections of the tome are irrelevant.

There is some significant portion of the text devoted to explaining how to amplify the power of a given spell. This, in conjunction with the cutting and fire-creation magics from the previous tome, suddenly leave a student finding themselves not entirely incompetent. Baby steps, you suppose. In addition, there is a spell which, utilized properly, disarms ones foe. You suppose such a spell has its place, particularly if you have some reason not to simply use an amplified cutting or flame creation spell to cause a similar effect, though with admittedly greater devastation.

Aside from this, a 'Transfiguration'-type spell is added to the mix, allowing students to partake of the long held and noble wizardly tradition of transforming things into relatively harmless animals. This one in particular transforms the target into, depending on the size in question, either a small bird or an entire flock of similarly small birds. It has its drawbacks, of course, as transforming a sorceror into a frog, when he earnestly does not wish to be turned into a frog, is no simple matter and can be quite exhausting. And it seems that, like many of these spells, the effect is not permanent and so a real enemy must be finished immediately in their brief span of harmlessness, before they return to their normal levels of threat.

There is also a spell to create light, however you find this less useful than it might be, as it seems fixed on the tip of the user's magical focus and prevents its use for any other matters that might arise. Far more practical, you feel, to simply set something on fire and use that light to see by.

The third tome is something of a disappointment. Aside from spells to make a thing grow or shrink, which themselves are of dubious utility for self defense, you find little. There is, however, a freezing spell. The original intent seems to be to create ice cubes to cool drinks, but it seems slightly overpowered for such tasks, as the incredibly cold air created by the spell can freeze nearly a square foot of water on the surface of some body of the liquid, to a depth of multiple inches from the surface itself. Amplified through means detailed in the second tome, a competent student could create a servicable, although slippery, bridge to stride across a lake with, though it would take repeated castings.

Or, of course, introduce an opponent to a powerful case of hypothermia, if not freeze the blood in their very veins. This spell, at least, meets with your grudging approval, despite the lack of anything else the book has to offer. It reminds you, somewhat, of a certain fairy's particular abilities, in point of fact, which is why it is so simple to imagine it weaponized.

By this time, Kirisame has returned with a report on things, and it seems that Margatroid has been smugly following her around, garnering some sort of entertainment from the matter, and not actually assisting of her own volition.

It seems that it took some concerted mutual effort between herself and the gatekeeper, wide smiles and distracting slices of fruit, and a great deal of lying right in the face of both the scarred mother, the Y-pattern, and the children to make it stick, but the whole group was eventually convinced that the P-patterns were, in fact, Reimu's babies and that she had had two less blob form R-pattern children than she had first remembered. Aside from a couple of brief hiccups in making the infants accept their 'mother's scarring, things progressed well, and Meiling seems to be pleased enough to only have to look after Y-patterns at the moment. The family and the removed infants have been sorted into their separate enclosures in your library, awaiting further actions.

The newcomer has been shown the scarred mother, but results aren't terribly conclusive there. The one-eyed M-pattern hadn't howled in disgust or abhorrence, at any rate, the way some might when confronted with a damaged specimen of that sort, but at the same time had shown no interest whatsoever in going to make friends with the mother and her brood. Not altogether a positive reaction, but at the same time not a particularly negative one, either. Further action, upon consideration, was put on hold to await your input.

Rachel moves back and forth between the two books several times as you think about it, puzzling out words slowly as she flips through the dictionary. You aren't sure what level of reading comprehension she has, but it seems to at least be in excess of her siblings. Not that that is difficult, in the case of the Remi-patterns.

You have half a mind to just stuff the newcomer into the enclosure and record whatever happens upon a forced meeting, but there is always the possibility that things might turn sour, and one or both of the two turn violent. As the entire point of the previous breeding experiment was for a set of data to be considered, you should probably at least remove the pair of bodied infants from the pen, as while it isn't particularly likely that the adults will do much harm to each other, you can foresee a great deal of accidental infant death coming from such an experiment.

A glance shows that Koakuma and the fae seem to be wrapping up everything she plans to do, and they'll be ready to return by lunchtime, locally. Probably closer to breakfast, by England's time.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 51310
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] Meeting time.

It might be a good idea to check on our giants some time.
>> No. 51311
I missed when this story had something akin to plot as opposed to being a clusterfuck of yukkuri and sidequest overkill.
>> No. 51312
>>51311
I fail to see what the problem is with yukkuri and sidequests. I find them entertaining and well-written. Plot is marching on, even as yukkuri events happen,and I for one am happy to read anything that Kahi puts out. (provided it remains well-written, which I have no reason to doubt.)
>> No. 51314
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] Meeting time.

Magus Killer Reisen?
>> No. 51315
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] Meeting time.
-[x] If Tewi is still around, you could always invite her if she's interested in listening. But you should warn her of the topic and the 'predators' that will be around (in case of instincts).

What is Tewi doing right now anyway? She was here when we woke up, but now...?
>> No. 51316
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] Meeting time.

heh Magus Killer Reisen sounds awesome.
>> No. 51317
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] If time remains, study the mage-killer bullet.
[x] Meeting time.
>> No. 51319
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now.
[x] Make plans to release the R-patterns into the wild (or Sakuya's care, assuming she wants more) once they reach adulthood. They don't really seem to like books and if you need more, you can always arrange a breeding with Sakuya's pet. Rachel is, obviously, not included in this.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] If time remains, study the mage-killer bullet.
[x] Meeting time.
>> No. 51320
[x] Praise Rachel. Yukkuri that like books are to be encouraged.
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now.
[x] Make plans to release the R-patterns into the wild (or Sakuya's care, assuming she wants more) once they reach adulthood. They don't really seem to like books and if you need more, you can always arrange a breeding with Sakuya's pet. Rachel is, obviously, not included in this.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] If time remains, study the mage-killer bullet.
[x] If you learn all you can without firing it, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[x] Meeting time.

Still holding out for electro-claws.
>> No. 51321
Don't know if Tewi stuck around after rubbing Marisa's face in it, so

[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now, though you may wish to arrange a treat for Rachel later; intellectualism should be encouraged.
[x] Keep going through the books, though if Tewi's still around make some time for her.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue the books as needed, check on Rachel's progress once finished, assist if you deem it beneficial.
[x] Should there still be a fair amount of time, head to Alistair's and see if there's anything that can be done to further improve the setting.
[x] Meeting time, bring some fresh fairies for service functions.
>> No. 51322
Oh yeah, Marisa does change her hat somewhat often.
>> No. 51323
We didn't hear that Tewi left.

[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now, though you may wish to arrange a treat for Rachel later; intellectualism should be encouraged.
[x] Keep going through the books, though if Tewi's still around make some time for her.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue the books as needed, check on Rachel's progress once finished, assist if you deem it beneficial.
[x] Should there still be a fair amount of time, head to Alistair's and see if there's anything that can be done to further improve the setting.
[x] Meeting time, bring some fresh fairies for service functions. Does Tewi want to join us? The meeting's probably boring but she can see the cool tower we made and maybe go part of the Outside we haven't visited together afterwards.
>> No. 51324
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now, though you may wish to arrange a treat for Rachel later; intellectualism should be encouraged.
[x] Keep going through the books, though if Tewi's still around make some time for her.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Should there still be a fair amount of time, head to Alistair's and see if there's anything that can be done to further improve the setting.
[x] Meeting time, bring some fresh fairies for service functions.
>> No. 51325
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
-[x] Then get some orange juice from Sakuya if appropriate.
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now, though you may wish to arrange a treat for Rachel later; intellectualism should be encouraged.
[x] Make plans to release the R-patterns into the wild (or Sakuya's care, assuming she wants more) once they reach adulthood. They don't really seem to like books and if you need more, you can always arrange a breeding with Sakuya's pet. Rachel is, obviously, not included in this.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] If time remains, study the mage-killer bullet.
[x] If you learn all you can without firing it, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[x] Meeting time, bring some fresh fairies for service functions.

If we're going to introduce the M-pattern to the R-pattern's family, we should do it while the infants are still young.

Also, what would plans entail? Just making sure the R-patterns know how to hunt?
>> No. 51331
While it seems that a bunch of people would prefer we focused away from the yukkuri for a bit, >>51325 does have a point.

>>51313 here, deleted and revoting.

[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
-[x] Then get some orange juice from Sakuya if appropriate.
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation for now, though you may wish to arrange a treat for Rachel later; intellectualism should be encouraged.
[x] Make plans to release the R-patterns into the wild (or Sakuya's care, assuming she wants more) once they reach adulthood. They don't really seem to like books and if you need more, you can always arrange a breeding with Sakuya's pet. Rachel is, obviously, not included in this.
[x] Keep going through the books.
[x] Have lunch and retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] If time remains, study the mage-killer bullet.
[x] Meeting time.

>>51311
Oh, it's not as bad as all that.

>>51325
>What would plans entail? Just making sure the R-patterns know how to hunt?
Basically telling the parents about the departure so they don't kick up a fuss and checking if Sakuya wants any. Whether they get taught to hunt by the mother in preparation for their leaving is none of our concern.
>> No. 51332
hey I'm curious, but how many days left before school starts anyway. I'm afraid i lost count
>> No. 51333
>>51332
Still 4 days to go... so that's about 4 more threads.
>> No. 51334
>>51312
most are a massive bunch of distractions that yield not much of anything of note.
>> No. 51335
>>51334
(I'm >>51312)
I at least find them fun distractions, and we've always gotten back to the story. That said, I can kinda see where you're coming from now.

[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation. You have no real deadline on that, and you can always get new 'supplies'(yukkuri) later.
[x] Retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] If you have extra time after finishing with the books, study the mage-killer bullet. (It could be a threat to you, on a bad day.)
[x] Meeting time.
>> No. 51339
>>51334
Anything that yields lines like "This time is not convenient.

Because now, you have to measure hats. "
isn't a waste. Besides, the Marisa sidestory was fun. You really should be looking at this thing more like a bunch of POV slice of life bits than a fast-paced story oriented piece anyway.
>> No. 51343
[x] Postpone further yukkuri experimentation. You have no real deadline on that, and you can always get new 'supplies'(yukkuri) later.
[x] Retrieve Koa and fairies.
[x] Continue with the books.
[x] If you have extra time after finishing with the books, study the mage-killer bullet. (It could be a threat to you, on a bad day.)
[x] Meeting time.

Fucking this.

>>51339
The mMrisa story was just another waste of space. Did it contribute to anything other then self wankery?
>> No. 51344
Wow, it's amazing how eerily similar this is to countless Mary Sue Harry Potter fanfics on FF.net.
>> No. 51345
>>51344
Why, you're right! I was enjoying this story, until your comparison opened my eyes to its true low quality! Thank you, anon, for showing me the truth.

Sarcasm aside, the hide thread button is just to the right of the post number.
>> No. 51349
File 132950535844.png - (235.37KB, 800x560, 8fa13d112ae0ca64ac8a2fee74920a38ae620e1d.png) [iqdb]
51349
For the moment, you have no reason to continue with experimentation. You'll have to consider whether to introduce the outside factor, and it will take time for results, if any, to appear in the haberdashery studies. Everything else seems to be progressing acceptably.

Except for where they are proceeding above your expectations. You consider locating some sort of treat for the hybrid. ... Possibly the two problematic infants from the scarred mother, if they weren't already slated for experimentation, whenever you get around to that. Well, it's not like you're in a big hurry to think of something suitable, anyway.

You instead return your attention to the books.

The fourth volume includes some theoretically practical spells. An unconsciousness-inducer, and what looks like variations on levitation spells, laughably proclaimed as 'Summoning and Banishing Charms'. Having some experience in Summoning and Banishing, the barely-appropriate names are somehow vexing.

Also noted are a spell that effects a result similar to a very small explosion, and a simple barrier, the sort which you would have expected to be one of the first things for students to recieve instruction on, rather than learning how to properly pluck their nostril hair or magically launder their unmentionables.

The fifth book is, once again, nearly a waste of parchment when taken in light of your purposes. There are some advancements upon previous spells, increasing blast radius and intensity and making the magical shell of a barrier more difficult to crack or slip past, but nothing particularly interesting aside from a quick note on a spell to silence sound in a small area, temporarily.

The sixth tome, however, has an extensive segment devoted to casting spells without vocalizing incantations, thoroughly nullifying any use of the previous silencing spell, though it is noted that doing so requires 'an uncommon level of mental focus and determination'. In short, most wizards are put off unless they can bellow their incantations like charging elephants. Wonderful. Aside from that, slight variations on existing themes and little more.

The seventh year tome includes instruction on casting without reliance upon a magical focus. It cautions not to be disenheartened in case of incapability, however, as apparently this is exceptionally difficult. Understandable, given the magically dry nature of the Outside. Again, it seems to mostly cover subtle amplifications and alterations to existing spells, all the while pretending that they are entirely new, unique, and fascinating. You could likely cut out a majority of the fluff and condense much of this down to a single, albeit largish, text, rather than spread it all out through seven separate installments.

Of course, this would preclude the possibility of being paid seven times for a similar amount of effort. You suppose that when people cannot simply make more wealth on a whim, that would be a serious consideration. No matter.

You have a small meal while you mentally digest the tomes' contents. Margatroid is still here, subtly needling the witch, and Tewi has made no move to leave, lounging lazily across one of your chairs, so the repast ends up being sized to account for the extra mouths. You eat quickly, and then arrange for the return of the cleaning expedition.

Koakuma seems to be fine, with a great deal of extra energy still to burn off. You're fairly sure you don't want to ask what she and the giant ended up doing, on their trip. The fairies, by contrast, appear perfectly ready to simply choose a quiet corner and die of exhaustion in it. Yes, you'll definitely need to exchange these for fresh ones, if they're to be used as servants in the meeting.

In any case, it seems that the years of study are paced for a step-by-step gradual climb towards something approaching a general sort of competence, unless you are much mistaken. The thrust of societal importance seems to be more skewed towards assuring personal comfort, if not luxury, rather than a focus on the pursuit of knowledge or martial readiness of any sort, judging by the ratio within these texts.

No matter. There are several hours yet before the appointed time arrives, and more than a few options to fill the time with. You could personally show some interest in the hybrid's studies, or thoroughly examine that bullet. Doubtless there are other matters you could attend to, as well.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 51350
[x] Show some interest in the hybrid's studies
-[x] Treat! (Search for a currently useless and common specimen)
[x] Examine the bullet carefully
-[x] Ask Tewi for input on the origins and use of this particular anti-magic weapon.
Please don't hit me, I'm physically incapable of using my imagination.

[x]
>> No. 51352
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness. It seems to regard you as a parental figure, so praise should be quick, cheap, and effective.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff. If so, give it one of the Reimus from the experiment boxes.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
[x] If you learn all you can without firing it, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[x] Meeting time.

We won't know whether to test the one-eyed Marisa for a soul until we try to introduce it. Plus if it bonds with the Reimu we've got a good source of experiments/treats.
>> No. 51353
I say we check out the bullet. If there's time, we could make a copy and fire the copy to see what, if anything, is different from what we expect. Then give Marisa back the original.

After that, it should be time for us to head to the meeting, so that's what we do.

I also vote that we do write up our own book.

Depending on time constraints, this might be something we have to put off until later, maybe even write it up during the year, but it is something that I want us to do. Specifically including our analysis on how most everything is simply expanding and whatnot the previous spells and not new spells altogether.

Maybe we can tack on something mildly insulting as the title. Something like "Spells for Beginner Level Defense" and have all seven years of spells taught in Hogwarts.
>> No. 51356
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness - ensure that it understands what it reads and that it is learning.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.

>>51353
Seems kind of labor-intensive for trolling. I like it, though it should be a months-long project for best results.
>> No. 51357
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness
[x] Study Kiritsu- Reisen's bullet
[X] Head to the meeting
[X] Plan "Spells for Beginner Level Defense" as a long term project. Work on it whenever there's nothing better to do.
>> No. 51358
[joke]Go out, get in a fight, and observe how magic is used when a wizard is in real danger.[/joke]

[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness
[x] Chat with Tewi.
[x] Outsmart the mage-killer bullet
[x] Meeting
>> No. 51360
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness
[x] Study the bullet
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent. It is a defense class after all.
>> No. 51361
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness
[x] Chat with Tewi.
[x] Outsmart the mage-killer bullet
[x] Meeting

[joke]Go out, get in a fight, and observe how magic is used when a wizard is in real danger.[/joke]
>> No. 51362
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness. It seems to regard you as a parental figure, so praise should be quick, cheap, and effective.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
[x] If you learn all you can without firing it, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent. It is a defense class after all.
[x] Meeting time.
>> No. 51363
Both >>51361 and >>51358 were me, ignore one.
>> No. 51364
[x] Study bullet
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent. It is a defense class after all.
[X] Head to the meeting.

This.
>> No. 51365
[x] Study bullet.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent. It is a defense class after all.
[x] Chat with Tewi.
[x] Head to the meeting.
>> No. 51366
[x]Study bullet.
>> No. 51367
[x] Study bullet.
-[x] Margatroid can be a suitable test subject, if such is necessary.
>> No. 51368
>>51367
I can't decide if it's trolling or idiocy...

[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness
[x] Chat with Tewi.
>> No. 51369
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
-[x] Don't fire the original, at least not yet, but make some copies and fire those.
--[x] Possibly at Margatroid.
[x] When finished with the bullet, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
-[x] Or, if the golems are already metal, the electrification of said parts.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent or flee. It is a defense class after all.
[x] Meeting time.

>>51368
It's a request for a humorous aside from Patchy considering said option. He doesn't actually expect it to happen.
>> No. 51370
[x] Show some interest in the hybrid's studies
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff. (It would be pretty cool if Rachel actually became the first magically inclined yukkuri. I mean yukkuri need some way to fly anyway due to their wings not really being aerodynamically inclined, and with the fact that Rachel is scarily sentient for a pastry...)
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
-[x] Don't fire the original, at least not yet, but make some copies and fire those.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent or flee.
[x] If the meeting time arrives, decide who will stay and look over the library and who comes with you for the tea party.
-[x] Maybe bring the other magicians with you would help if they choose not to leave; Leaving them unsupervised in the library is unacceptable. And perhaps Marisa and Alice can add a different perspective to your defense class planning.

I figure there are two choices for my last option. We either leave Tewi and Koakuma to watch over the magicians if they don't leave while we go to the meeting. Or we take everyone with us. You know, friends close enemies closer and all that. And having them in the library while we're there is grating enough. No way in hell are we leaving them alone if we can help it. Plus since Marisa and Alice are competent magicians in their own right. They might be able to point out things we miss.
>> No. 51371
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
-[x] Don't fire the original, at least not yet, but make some copies and fire those.
--[x] Possibly at Margatroid.
[x] When finished with the bullet, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
-[x] Or, if the golems are already metal, the electrification of said parts.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent or flee.
[x] Meeting time.
>> No. 51372
I don't know if you've ever gone to meeting with your boss, but you usually don't bring along extra people. And we're talking about the outside here. There's not much we can miss, magically speaking.
>> No. 51373
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
-[x] Don't fire the original, at least not yet, but make some copies and fire those.
--[x] Possibly at Margatroid.
[x] When finished with the bullet, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
-[x] Or, if the golems are already metal, the electrification of said parts.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent or flee.
[x] Meeting time.

I just realized - our replacement of Umbridge means Dumbledore's Army likely won't be formed. Unless we planted the idea in Harry's head somehow that in addition to saving the school, he might want to make sure people can save themselves. Or something along those lines.
>> No. 51375
>[x] When finished with the bullet, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.

Why are you buffing the golems?
>> No. 51376
I'm sure there's a law somewhere to the effect that the more ridiculously buffed your golems are, the more likely they'll be turned rogue by a [Forbidden Template]
>> No. 51377
>>51375
Why waste time bolstering golems? Is adding claws really going to change the outcome all that much when a human gets smacked in the face with what amounts to a stone pillar?
>> No. 51378
>>51377
Humans? Humans are indeed taken care of when hit by a stone pillar. Youkai, at least for the most part, aren't.

And as for forbidden templates, we can create these things out of thin air. If one managed to turn our golems rogue and blocked us from simply unmaking them, we could near instantly create equally matched opponents. Plus, they're rock/metal and rely on their carvings being just so. A forbidden template would be better off making its own troublemakers rather than trying to power up rogue golems.
>> No. 51379
[x] Study bullet.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent. It is a defense class after all.
[x] Chat with Tewi.
[x] Head to the meeting.
>> No. 51380
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
-[x] Don't fire the original, at least not yet, but make some copies and fire those.
--[x] Possibly at Margatroid.
[x] When finished with the bullet, work on the replacement of golem parts such as claws, swords, and fangs with metal counterparts that can electrify.
-[x] Or, if the golems are already metal, the electrification of said parts.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent or flee.
[x] Meeting time.

We don't have anything to chat with Tewi about.
>> No. 51381
>>51380
But Patchy might want to apologize for lashing out like she did.
>> No. 51382
[x] Tell Marisa to introduce the one-eyed M-pattern to the outcast pen and encourage the making of friends. If things turn violent or one of the groups just can't accept the other, remove the M-pattern and place it in an individual pen.
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
-[x] Don't fire the original, at least not yet, but make some copies and fire those.
--[x] Possibly at Margatroid.
-[x] Chat with Tewi about how young magicians always seem to be idiots. (Re: Draco and any others observed while in England)
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent or flee.
[x] Meeting time.
>> No. 51383
>>51373
Somehow I don't think the ministry will just give up after one failed plan, they will likely be trying to squeeze her or her reforms in somehow.
>> No. 51384
[x] Study bullet.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent. It is a defense class after all.
[x] Chat with Tewi.
[x] Head to the meeting.

Save some of the stuff for later. This way we're gonna do everything to fast and have time wasted by [x] timeskip votes.
>> No. 51385
>>51384
I figure if we get everything done, we can spend the extra time with Yukkuri or Tewi+Yakuza.
>> No. 51386
>>51383
Personally, I'm looking forward to Umbridge~

But... refresh my memory, but wasn't the DA formed because Umbridge's version of the Defense course was woefully inadequate? I get the feeling the DA won't be necessary this time~
>> No. 51387
>>51386

He might do it just to prove he's not some book-dumb moron like Patchy has been told he is. Hermione is probably going to like the class more, but she's also more likely to pick up on Patchy's youkai qualities. And they will not accept that an amoral autist can do a good job teaching them.
>> No. 51388
>>51387
>>51386
I don't want to say too much for fear of accidentally guessing the plot or turning the votes meta but is those books we just digested were this years defense books I would think that the ministry will be aiming to de-fang hogwarts students as much as possible to ease Voldemort's takeover. We would be an obstacle towards this goal, no doubt.

I also can't wait to see Umbridge meet gensokyo's citizens, if only for a repeat of the centaur scene with whatever high-power youkai happens to slip through Yukaris portals.
>> No. 51389
>>51387
I don't think we're on the same page here.

The DA started because Umbridge's course was pure theory that stuck rigidly with the Ministry's dumbed down standards. Her being openly hostile was icing on the cake.

Patchy's already planning on setting aside the occasional class so the students can apply what she's taught them, and looks upon the standard spell texts in contempt.

I can see the DA forming as a study group so they can keep up with the coursework, but it's not going to have the same purpose the original version did.
>> No. 51390
>>51388
Umbridge calling someone like Remi, Ran or (gods forbid) Kazami a worthless subhuman and suffering the immediate consequences for her stupidity? Yespleasethankyou.

As for Umbridge, how would she be coming in if not as a teacher? As some kind of Ministry supervisor? I thought Albus managed to block that, which was WHY Umbridge went in as a teacher. Then again, if Albus presented his own teacher, maybe the Ministry forced him to let her in to supervise the unknown teacher "in case she's unqualified" or something. Of course, my knowledge of HP is fuzzy at best, so I'm likely to be mistaken about how Albus and the Ministry interact in this book.
>> No. 51391
File 132962837149.jpg - (50.38KB, 500x500, BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFk5DMUZKc3VrM3hHNWR5Zz.jpg) [iqdb]
51391
>>51390
!AVPS Umbridge FTW

No seriously, I don't expect we'll be seeing umbridge
>> No. 51392
I have a sudden image of Umbridge finding out what happens when you call Yukari subhuman. After all, turnabout is fair play...

Umbridge: Why am I a bridge?
>> No. 51393
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness.
-[x] Additionally, attempt to ascertain if it's actually understanding this stuff.
[x] Study the mage-killer bullet.
-[x] Don't fire the original, at least not yet, but make some copies and fire those.
[x] Make rough mental lesson plans, focusing on practical self-defense spells that they could use to actually fend off an opponent or flee.
[x] Meeting time.

Looks good. Would be quite nice if Rachel picked up on this stuff; she could make for a fun guest speaker in class.
>> No. 51394
>>51392
*laughs hysterically* oh wow, i hope something like that happens. Everyone knows she deserves it.
>> No. 51395
>>51394
You must be new. We don't do that asterisk thing here. Luckily your spelling and grammar are pretty good.

Rules are at >>/gensokyo/6052. Read them, learn them, love them.
>> No. 51396
>>51388
Ministry isn't working for Voldy until the seventh book, man.

>>51393
Rachel would, at best, be approximately equal in skill to a student. Nowhere near good enough to serve as a guest lecturer.
>> No. 51397
>>51396
>Rachel would, at best, be approximately equal in skill to a student

If she reaches the level of a student we could use her as some sort of motivation punishment? Comparing the studetns, who have actual magical education, with a being made of food ought to make them work harder.
>> No. 51399
>>51393
>>51397

When I hear ideas like this, I am so glad that the 'at best' chances means here that it would take a miracle. Because that's how goddamn low the chances of a yukkuri becoming that smart are. As a hybrid, she's only half the Patchouli type, the Remilia side is unlikely to help her on intelligence and thus Rachel is unlikely to reach her father's intelligence level.
>> No. 51400
Actually, I'm pretty sure Rachel is Smarter than her parents. Which probably has to deal with the fact that being a hybrid, she has to make up her own identity instead of following the type templates most yukkuri follow.
>> No. 51401
Rachel as a student would be kawaii as hell yo.
>> No. 51403
>>51400
Ahah, nope. She didn't make her identity, we gave a name to her, remember. And so far, Patchurri displayed more intelligence than Rachel (like how it actually reached the library without dying). Here, Patchurri hasn't been reading because we haven't let it do so, but I'm sure it would learn faster than Rachel given the chance.
>> No. 51404
>>51403

Well sure she didn't create her own name; I know I didn't create my own name either. However that essentially gave her a blank slate to build her sense of self off of. Just like every other human out there that try and solidify their personality and identity to prove they exist.

Also as to intelligence, we'll have to see. I still believe Rachel is more intelligent than Patchurri though, even though Patchurri is a great deal more competent than most other yukurri.
>> No. 51405
>>51403
Keep in mind that Patchurri is an adult while Rachel is still an infant. I don't have an opinion on which is smarter, but we should wait until Rachel is an adult before making a comparison of their inherent intelligence.
>> No. 51406
Look, I've long since accepted that there are those of you that like this yukkuri stuff. I can deal with that. But seriously , don't you think mentioning this shit in a third of the updates is a little much? There are so many plot threads choking the pacing of the story as is. Plot threads which likely may not even SEE their payoffs due to this distraction. The very last thing we should do is devote our attention to something which is completely worthless at the cost of things that, actually, you know, matter.

This ISNT a yukkuri story. They didn't even appear until that side story. And yet now they are inescapable. I was willing to let the one from the side story becoming a pet slide because, hey, it earned it. I'll grudgingly admit it managed to endear itself to me. But even THAT one is being over shadowed by all this other shit.

I honestly liked this story, but the CONSTANT mention of yukkuri is just killing it.

I ask you this:

Where do you even see this going? What possible payoff do you see from wasting so much time on these horrid things? Are we going to breed a super yukkuri? Would such a thing even be desirable? Are we going to learn a life lesson? Are we going to get interesting dialog out of these things?

No. They are a time sink.

So please, if you must insist on voting for that shit, at least do so in moderation.
>> No. 51408
>>51406
I wish there were more anons like you. Stupidly huge votes for yukkuris really need to stop. Unlike what some at City Quest are saying (like doing the experiments here), this is NOT a yukkuri story.

[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness
[x] Chat with Tewi.
>> No. 51410
>>51406
Well, in my opinion it is the people who get butthurt over animated pastries that are hurting this thread. Vote against it if you like, but taking the time to thoroughly tell us we're having badwrongfun and to stop liking what you don't like won't help you at all.

Don't like - vote against, and tell us why along with your vote.
The option you hate always wins anyway - start your own thread.
>> No. 51411
[x] Praise Rachel for its studiousness
[x] Chat with Tewi.
>> No. 51412
>>51406

reason finally reason. I agree fuck the yukkuri shit clouting up this interesting story. I came here to read about Patchouli in Hogwarts and since the quest story started we have gotten farther and farther away from that.
>> No. 51413
File 132970793996.png - (444.44KB, 840x600, 63344b18ee2f7364d4284c108ea2f17c.png) [iqdb]
51413
Probably better to get the test out of the way quickly. You give Kirisame her instructions, then send her off and make a point of verbalizing some manner of vague admiration for the hybrid's scholastic efforts.

Judging by the wide-eyed look of awe, your appreciation is well recieved. You have to test it, though. You create a simple metal box, with a keyhole and interior workings that barely qualify for the most rudimentary of locks.

"Locking and Unlocking items were one of the first spells mentioned within the text." You note, setting the box down on the table. The hybrid eyes it with a small amount of trepidation. "Do you think you can manage it?"

"... Rachel isn't sure. Rachel thinks Daddy would be better..." She says uncertainly, then shakes her head. "Rachel will try."

The hybrid screws its face up in concentration, focusing on the box. After a moment, it starts hopefully wiggling its fingers.

This is apparently sufficient, as there is a soft 'click' from the mechanism, and Rachel pauses for breath. In perfect honesty, you hadn't expected its success. Fascinating.

".... Rachel did it?" she wonders aloud, seeming to have had roughly the same expectations you had.

"Yes, very good." You say, already considering whether or not to test the others in similar manner. There were some sort of sweet dessert items with the meal, and one serves well enough as a reward for the effort. Rachel rips into it with delighted savagery. "Continue practicing." You instruct, as you turn your attention to other matters.

The bullet. The lunar runes are fascinatingly new to you, though you do have some knowledge of lunarian capabilities and crafts. It takes some effort to transcribe all of the intricacies over to paper, and to study it in depth. Tewi, being an altogether Earthly rabbit, is of little use in translating the runes, but watches with some interest, having apparently recognized the silvery bullet.

The metal itself is ordinary enough. Nothing special seems to be involved there. The runes are, once again, what is of interest... even untranslated, they have a strong 'taste' of Lunar element to them. Which is simply to be expected, you presume. It's possible that you can mock up a simulacrum at this point, even without understanding all of the minor details, by simply inscribing the runes on something and stuffing as much elementally Lunar magic as will fit into them.

No time like the present to test this thesis, as you are still wary of expending the only bullet you have available for study. You don't have a revolver to fire a bullet from, however. And given that you aren't a gunsmith, you suspect that figuring out exactly the specifications to properly fire the right size bullet will take most of the afternoon.

Not having that sort of time to spend, you instead put the runes on a steel throwing javelin, which you set floating above your hand until the curling runes begin to glow a soft bluish-white.

"Neat. You think that's going to work?" Tewi asks.

"The only way to determine is through applied experimentation. I'll need a shield to see if it can break through." You note, thoughtfully.

".... Lucky~" Tewi says, mischievously, as her eyes turn towards where Margatroid is sitting in perfect unison with yours.

"Dollmaker!" You call, lifting your hand to approximate a throwing position, more from the theatric element of things than any real need. You wait for her to turn her head up, giving her just enough time to see what's going on before you launch the javelin.

Your impromptu testing is foiled as she hurls herself out of the way, and the javelin buries itself into the cushioning without encountering so much as a sniff of a magical barrier.

"Blast." You grumble, tugging the metal of it back to float at your side.

"You madwoman!" Margatroid shrills at you, clutching at your chest. "You could have impaled me!"

"Yes, true. You would likely recover." You say, disinterested, as you launch the javelin again.

Alice scrabbles back across the floor as you repeatedly stab the pointy end down at her, seeming to have been caught completely off guard by the assault, rushing to prepare her defenses. You draw the javelin back, both to put some proper momentum behind its next launch and to give her the time to do so. Two of her dolls spring up to generate a shield between them, just in time for the tip to reach that point.

The javelin continues to thrust forward and penetrates Margatroid's thin barrier, slamming fully home as her eyes widen and a strangled noise emerges from her throat. She slowly looks down to see where it's pinned her mozzetta, and breathes a slight sigh of relief. For your part, you note that the entirety of the elemental magic imbued within the runes was expended in the penetration.

You'll have to keep this limitation in mind, though it makes sense when taken in consideration of the fact that these runes were inscribed on bullets, which themselves would only be used once. You'll have to either work on your aim, or make a note to follow up with a second or third shaft, in case multiple penetrations are required.

"Violent madwoman." Margatroid grumbles, as she tugs at the javelin, then simply leaves it and rips her clothing free to inspect the damage. "Dare I ask what the point of your latest assault was?"

"Testing a theory." You explain curtly, tugging the javelin back to inspect the spent runes before tossing the inert polearm aside, morphing it into a featureless block before it hits the ground. "It seems that the effects of those runes can be approximated by the means I employed."

"Yes, because that makes everything better." Margatroid says, sourly.

"I suppose if I use it again, I'll have to think of a proper name for it. I'm slightly partial to Gae Bolg." You muse thoughtfully.

"And you're aware that there's an artifact by that name around somewhere?" The puppeteer notes again, dusting herself off as she rises to her feet, glowering at you. "But to return to my earlier point, why did you attack me with it?"

"I required a barrier for testing purposes." you explain dryly, and slowly, as though to a child.

"And you suddenly can't make any of your own?"

"Potential data bias. The risk existed that, expecting a certain result to occur, I would subconsciously flaw any barriers I created of my own volition so as to ensure that the expected result was what resulted." You say.

"Yes, that certainly makes me feel better about being used as a target without so much as an explanation in advance." She says, tone tinged with sarcasm.

You hardly think that's fair. You were even so generous as to wait for her to be aware of the threat to her person before putting your experiment into action. Alice groans, nonetheless.

"And mother wonders why I don't visit 'my little magician friends' more often." She mutters to herself. "Unrepentant thieves and unconcerned assault..."

"You might have been impaled somewhat." You admit. "It isn't as though you would be particularly inconvenienced in the long-term."

"That's not even close to the point." Alice snaps. Hm. You suppose this is a carry-over from her human days, in which impalement would indeed have been a valid and significant cause for concern. Which is why, when it comes down to it, you used her for this experiment rather than Kirisame.

In any case, that used a little time, though there is still quite a bit remaining before you need to meet with your employer. Well, there's plenty of ways to fill it.

---
>> No. 51415
Using her powerful javelin to penetrate Alice's thin barrier just like that...

> "You might have been impaled somewhat."
Oh, Patchouli.
>> No. 51416
Gae Bolg? Nice choice of names. Pity it isn't causality warping, but I guess we should take what we can get.

Also, on Rachel wandless casting after only reading over the textbook. It seems we've already found someone/thing better than our soon-to-be-students. And it's a sentient pastry.
>> No. 51417
Oh gods. Give Patchurri the run of the library and she can probably take our job. Probably do a better job than anyone but Lupin, too...
>> No. 51418
No box asking what to do... Is it the end of this thread or just something you forgot Kahi?
>> No. 51419
Hmm, should probably talk to Tewi now, we've ignored her long enough. Maybe see if she wants to come along and explore England a bit, maybe go early and just wander around either London or Diagon Alley with her, or go after as a small date.
>> No. 51420
Just got an interesting comment from someone else reading the story: What is the source of Rachel's magic power? Because if it's from the magic managing to make sweets alive, that could kill her if it's all used up.
>> No. 51421
I'd go with Gae Dearg, over Gae Bolg. While it seems to not have any real mythology behind it, in Fate/Zero, it is the spear that renders magical protections/enhancements useless.

I'm assuming it's going to be a new thread before voting, as it's 250 some posts here.
>> No. 51422
>>51420

What the hell kinda friends you listening to? Nothing else in Gensokyo can kill themselves by "using up the magic making themself alive", why the heck would you(or your friend) assume yukkuri can?
>> No. 51423
>>51422
Why are you assuming they can't? Patchouli herself gets worse depending on her health and how much magic she uses in the day. So if a yukkuri overuse magic, what would happen?
>> No. 51424
>>51422
Never underestimate a yukkuri's ability to kill itself in a horrific yet amusing manner while doing even the safest of activities.
>> No. 51425
>>51420
Gensokyo is full of magic, silly. She's using that.
>> No. 51426
Atches gets gets sick because of the chanting and other physical ly taxing efforts and effects of magic use, not because she's using up her existence.
>> No. 51427
File 132976624577.jpg - (635.26KB, 850x797, sample_688bb9fbcaafb4b6af2acdb17ef4e20db0d7b793.jpg) [iqdb]
51427
House of Knowledge- Mostly scholars and magicians, spending their lives in one library or another, whether it belongs to them or not. A few exceptions include mighty warriors and athletes, who revel in the activity mostly to rub the rest of the family's face in their greater physical ability, though always under pseudonyms, and rarely to any significant amount of fame. Many must be reminded that the rest of the family does, in fact, still exist. Family gatherings are rare.

Potential assassination attempts- You probably won't be required to do anything about these, so long as they occur off grounds. Or at least well away from your classroom. So long as you can plausibly deny having any knowledge of them.

Magician Relationship Explanation- Basic.

Marisa: Considers Patchouli and Alice to, at the very least, be good friends. This will not stop her from smacking them in the face with a broom, firing her lasers, robbing their houses, or just waltzing in and helping herself to the tea and snacks whenever she feels like it.

Patchouli: Takes a traditional stance of Magicians towards Magicians not themselves. 'If possible: eliminate or subjugate. Tolerate only if the previous options are impossible.' Annoyed and very mildly horrified to consider the posibility that Marisa may harbor romantic feelings for her.

Alice: Generally prefers to avoid interaction with the other two. This proves difficult, living in the same forest as Marisa. Grudgingly tolerates the witch much as an elder sister would, mostly because experience has shown it to be the fastest way to get her out of her house. If the opportunity were to arise, however, not opposed to subjugation.
>> No. 51438
>>51427
>Remilia's tag on her head
>'Books have books tag'

Good lord
>> No. 51441
New thread >>51428
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x