- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 50491)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 132507904424.jpg - (244.45KB, 850x1201, sample-398086f7375e14331497bfe327889c16.jpg) [iqdb]
50491 No. 50491
You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though you have constructed a tower elsewhere, without internal fixtures as yet, which you may or may not inhabit much. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have a box of ninety seven vials of Medication stored in the library to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy, though effects may vary, as can the Hakurei Hot Spring.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, which can be surprisingly versatile, particularly in combination with Golems. You can also create Homunculi, if you have the materials to hand. You have the most important ingredient in stock, but you estimate it will be useless for the purpose by the end of tomorrow.

Your library is currently playing host to a number of confectionery-based life forms, which you are preparing to begin, and in the process of, experimentation upon. You have decided that Fairies would be useful to have on hand. You are currently in the process of negotiating with Remilia for the use of hers.

You have failed to make an offer she is interested in, but she has brought up three possible exchanges: Unrestricted use of the fixed portal in your library, Some measure of your own blood, drawn directly from the source, or a Favor to be called in at a later date, which you will be unable to refuse. You have concerns about all of these options. If it comes down to it, though, you can always Kidnap wild fairies to fill up the numbers for as long as you need them, though that comes with issues of its own.

[ ] What do you do?
Expand all images
>> No. 50493
[x] Kidnap wild fairies.
>> No. 50497
It's... not that much of a problem choosing here. If we can't stop her from watching, then how exactly can we stop here from using the portal as much she like? Blood is no and like stated, what stop her from using the favor for 2? Really, not much of a choice here.

Also, chaos means Yukari interested in just watching. Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

[x] Unrestricted use of the fixed portal in your library.

And Kahi, while nothing of note was brought up last time, why is the timezone problem brought before still not adressed at this point? It's going to cause problem to her sleeping hours and thus her health.
>> No. 50499
[x] Kidnap wild fairies and brainwash them into obedience.
>> No. 50500
[X]Haggle. A period of free access to the portal, say, a week, would seem reasonable if she were to give her word she would not harm anyone directly associated with the school.
[X]If she won't accept a limited period and not making trouble in the school then capture a couple of wild fairies.

All of the options are quite unproportionally slanted in Remi's favour, something I'm sure is intentional since it seems her goal is free access to the portal and that's the option that'd mean the least work for Patchy.
As much as I'd like to read Remilia drinking Patchouli's blood it doesn't seem like something she'd allow after preventing it for something like a hundred years.
>> No. 50502
>>50500
Of course it's in Remilia's favor. Because we wasted time (like on yukkuris), we can't really afford to take the time to find fairies, have them understand what they want and make sure they come when calling (Because we don't need them at all time). And she know it.

Besides, it's not like Remilia will be stopped even if we don't let her anyway. She'll find another portal or disable (or have Sakuya do it) any defense we'll add. Except we don't plan to add defenses to this portal. So there's nothing preventing Remilia from using it all the time anyway. Hence why I voted fo unrestricted access.
>> No. 50503
[X]Haggle. A period of free access to the portal - say, any time you're using her assistance plus a week on both ends of that time - should be perfectly useful, as long as she promises not to draw any inconvenient faculty attention to you with stunts like taking over the school, or fanging anyone who would turn around and complain.
[X]If you can't bargain her down, just cave and give her full access. Don't let on that you're doing this because you know she can pretty much use the portal whenever she wants anyways.
>> No. 50504
>>50502
Well, we don't necessarily need the fairies right away at the start of the term so we can always send the spider to grab a few from the lake or the like while we're busy teaching. They probably won't manage to kill any of the students unles we get some of the more powerful ones and pretty much all non-lethal injuries are acceptable.
>> No. 50505
>>50503

No, She can't. If there ever was an issue with remi usin the portal without permission, it would be a simple task to enclose the portal in 40 feet of solid diamond.
>> No. 50506
Even if she can use the portal more or less at will, giving her full access is something of a breach of, if not the letter then at least the spirit of, our contract. I'd wish to at least have deniability if Remi ends up killing a student or the like.
She usually doesn't kill those she feeds from but anything can happen.
>> No. 50507
question for Kahi.
Does the whole "vampires crossing running water" thing apply to Remi, and if so does it can she use some simple method such as flight to avoid it.

Patchy should know this and if it would be an issue for her we could simply put a moat around the entrance building and set it into motion to make it so she can't use the portal without our say-so. If we're quick about it we could say it was already there when she asked in case Flandare found the portal on a bad day.
>> No. 50508
>>50507
She didn't follow us to see Reimu and use the hot spring because it counted as running water, so yes.

As for your plan, what stop Remilia from asking Sakuya to block the flow?
>> No. 50509
[x]Full access, but request that she at least refrain from breaking their puny human minds too badly.
>> No. 50510
[x] Haggle. A period of free access to the portal - say, any time you're using her assistance plus a week on both ends - should be perfectly acceptable, as long as she promises not to draw any inconvenient faculty attention to you with stunts like taking over the school, or fanging anyone who would turn around and complain.
[x] If she won't accept a limited period without making trouble at the school, then send Marisa to capture a couple of wild fairies.
[x] Find some way to thank Miss Kurodani for her efforts thus far.

I support the idea of capturing wild fairies, but scanning back through the threads, Yamame's only helping us of her own accord: the comfortable lodgings of the SDM were the only reason given for her to go along with Eirin's request instead of returning underground. In light of that, we've been treating her rudely by waking her up with buckets of water each morning and forcing her to read to the yukkuri. It might be a good idea to address that issue before we lose our averaged-out health bonus.
>> No. 50511
[x] Make your own assistants. Golems are completely controllable, and can have their difficulty adjusted to order.

If necessary to prevent the acceptance of Remilia's demands, please count this as a vote to kidnap wild fairies, unless doing so complicates vote-counting unnecessarily.
>> No. 50512
>>50508
That could just imply she can't go in it, she may be able to simply fly over it. Our excuse won't hold if that's the case.

And I'm not entirely sure Timehax works that way, it might but there's no guarantee she can stop only 1 object, Patchy would probably know things like that too though.
>> No. 50513
[x] Offer your blood, straight from the tap.

I've got a vampire fetish and your Remilia is smoking hot. Sorry Patchouli, I'll have you act out of character for me.
>> No. 50514
Remi didn't go to the hotspring because she didn't want to draw attention to her loli tits.

[x] Unrestricted use of the fixed portal in your library.
>> No. 50515
[x] Haggle. A period of free access to the portal - say, any time you're using her assistance plus a week on both ends - should be perfectly acceptable, as long as she promises not to draw any inconvenient faculty attention to you with stunts like taking over the school, or fanging anyone who would turn around and complain.
[x] If she won't accept not making too much trouble at the school, then send Marisa to capture a couple of wild fairies.
[x] Find some way to thank Miss Kurodani for her efforts thus far.
>> No. 50518
>Remilia in Hogwarts, for any reason, ever.
Guys, you're horrible teachers. Plus, >>50511 makes a damn good point.

[x] All the offers suck, so you can make your own assistants. Golems are completely controllable, and can have their difficulty adjusted to order.
>> No. 50519
[X] Dump everything related to the Yukkuris and GET ON WITH THE FUCKING STORY.
>> No. 50520
>>50519
Good luck with that seeing how the writefag seems to be in fully Yukkuri mania.
>> No. 50521
>>50519
We're currently in the process of acquiring teaching assistants - in other words, 'getting on with the fucking story'. I must confess to doubting whether you even read the most recent updates before complaining about pastry blobs.
>> No. 50522
>>50521
I haven't checked in on this yarn in about two weeks and you're still not at Hogwarts. I don't care if the OP is "making progress", he's been "making progress" at this pace since about thread 5 or 6. If it's not the sugar balls it's an entire thread wasted on The Adventures of Marisa or fucking around with the yakuza.

OP, stop fucking around with all these stupid sidequests and get to what you promised us when you made this fucking quest.
>> No. 50523
[X]Haggle. A period of free access to the portal - say, any time you're using her assistance plus a week on both ends of that time - should be perfectly useful, as long as she promises not to draw any inconvenient faculty attention to you with stunts like taking over the school, or fanging anyone who would turn around and complain.
[X]If you can't bargain her down, just cave and give her full access. Don't let on that you're doing this because you know she can pretty much use the portal whenever she wants anyways.
>> No. 50524
>>50522

Man, you're so mad I can even taste it. This has been fun so far, so kindly shut up, please.

Oh, and what makes you think the story is about teaching in hogwarts, and not just preparing for them?
>> No. 50525
[x] Do not accept any of the options. The cost is much too high, when you can either make or catch your own assistants.
>> No. 50527
If she could use the portal whenever she wanted, she wouldn't be asking us, now would she?

All of these options are unacceptable. Even though the blood is simply a matter of pride, there's no point to it when we can make our own assistants.

[x] All the offers suck, so you can make your own assistants. Golems are completely controllable, and can have their difficulty adjusted to order.
>> No. 50529
Where did people get the idea that we want fairies as assistants? They're specimens to help teach the students about fairies, something golems and homunculi would be fairly useless for.
>> No. 50530
File 132513583919.png - (47.28KB, 317x266, 173742456711.png) [iqdb]
50530
>>50522
>> No. 50531
>>50522
Yes, shockingly the story is progressing at pretty much the same pace as it was since it started (several posts per day of story time) with a counter on the entries indicating the time left until term starts. Who would have guessed it would do that from the first few threads when it moved at exactly this rate?
Even the Marisa side-story took up a day of Patchy time the same as a bunch of Patchouli adventures would.
Updates have slowed, perhaps, but the original update schedule was so insanely fast I'm not surprised it was unsustainable.
Anyway, the Yakuza and Marisa stuff was fun and that's what counts.

[X] Haggling time. Mention our other options (like golems and homunculi) to barter down.
[X] Offer one- very little of our blood. Given our illnesses and medications it probably tastes like poison, anyway.
[X] Offer two: Limited portal access with some kind of binding oath not to go around inflicting serious harm on the students and staff or disrupting teacher's classes.
[X] If neither of these are acceptable, make our own training partners because an open-ended favor is intolerable.
>> No. 50532
>>50529
I dunno about everybody else, but I got the idea that they were fighting assistants from that one discussion we had about how enlisting youkai to test the students would be a bad idea and we should find some fairies, as well as this line in >>50414:
>But the thought of 'assistants' isn't without merit. Youkai would either have to be quite thoroughly bribed or equally thoroughly intimidated into playing along. And you're not convinced that the students can actually handle humanoid youkai. Considering that the mindless, bestial sort aren't what could be called reasonable...
>> No. 50535
Take a fourth option: Offer information.(Remember: there's going to be... a dozen? portals opening here and there connecting Gensokyo with the Outside.)
>> No. 50536
>>50532
Depends on how you define "assistants" I guess. Either way, golems and fairies are hardly interchangeable.
>> No. 50537
>>50535
Remi was one of the first people she told of Yukari's meddling, nothing to bargain with there.
>> No. 50538
[x] Allow free access on the condition she does nothing that would get us fired.

One thing to look into is what happens if someone from gensokyo does cause trouble. We can't stop everything from walking into hogwarts.

If either of the Scarlets wanted to visit at any point there's little we can do to stop them and that's before Yukari starts her game. We need to make it clear early on that we cannot be held responsible if a gensokyen decides to walk in and cause shenanigans.

This alone should protect us from any messes Remi is likely to cause and that's all that's important to us. Any bitings or fights are just not our fault. If a lot of beings like this come though we can do a lesson on them or teach hagrid about them so he can do so for us(That falls into magical creatures more then defence)
>> No. 50539
>>50538

We did warn Dumbledore about this being a potential problem and he was remarkably blase about portals to an unknown hidden realm where at least one high class diabolist and a vampire live opening at random around his campus.

Next time we see him we may want some waiver of liability form or the verbal equivalent. When we go to talk to Alistair later maybe we should drop in on the headmaster.
>> No. 50540
>>50538
We already discussed the portals with Dumbledore, he seemed to not be planning to hold us responsible for the portals, but did indicate that he expected us to utilize reasonable measures in searching and protecting the students.

Inviting an egotistical vampire into the school is pretty obviously not protecting the students, whether or not we can prevent it. And Patchy does think she can prevent it, with enough effort. Failing that, we can get assistance from somebody else.

And don't give me any of that about it being fine if we tell her to not get us fired. Just off the top of my head, I could justify, say, the murder of a student by claiming that it's not certain to get us fired, we just need to cover it up, or a couple other things. That's assuming Remilia doesn't just decide it's more amusing to create as much trouble for us as possible.

Even putting aside whether Remilia will get us in trouble, what about Scotland? Remilia wanted to head out and conquer Hokkaido, remember? What do you think she's going to do once she gets out?

[x] All three offers suck, so you can make your own assistants. Golems are completely controllable, and can have their difficulty adjusted to order.
[x] Implement anti-vampire measures on your side of the portal.
>> No. 50541
>>50540
The problem, you see, is that there will be more portals. And if Yukari happens to think it'll be amusing for Remi to show up unexpectedly, then one will pop up for her when Patchy will be least able to deal with it. Allowing her through grants at least some measure of control over the situation.
>> No. 50542
>>50541
So your plan to prevent a chance of a vampire in Hogwarts is to invite said vampire to Hogwarts and hope it plays nice like it promised?

I suppose I can see your point of veiw. There's always a chance that Remilia will find another portal and utilize it, and you want to minimize the damage. But its just a chance. Even if Remilia does find a portal, we won't get in trouble for something like that because we won't have rolled out a figurative red carpet up to the portal. In addition, we know we can beat Remilia. We've kept her from our blood for however long. All we need to do is beat her, and then put the portal in question under guard.
>> No. 50543
>>50541
Yes. There will be more portals. A fixed number of them. Not allowing Remilia to use our portal means that if Yukari wants Remilia on the outside, that's one less portal she can open to places like the nameless hill, or the sunflower field, or hell.
>> No. 50552
>>50543
Inversely if Yukari having more fun watching Remi she's less likely to open them in awkward places then if she's bored.

All this arguing was your intention from the start wasn't it Kahi. And you can still write whatever you want due to Yukari logic. Damn you!

At least it's not boring.
>> No. 50553
[X] Haggling time. Mention our other options (like golems and homunculi) to barter down.
[X] Offer one- very little of our blood. Given our illnesses and medications it probably tastes like poison, anyway.
[X] Offer two: Limited portal access with some kind of binding oath not to go around inflicting serious harm on the students and staff or disrupting teacher's classes.
[X] If neither of these are acceptable, make our own training partners because an open-ended favor is intolerable. (I personally prefer heading out to Misty Lake and recruiting Daiyousei and Cirno for this.)
>> No. 50554
What, exactly is the downside to letting Remilia sip Patchy's blood just this once? Doesn't seem like she'll be taking enough for any ill effects to occur, and the bite marks seem like a minor issue at worst.

To those advocating explicit anti-Remilia defenses on the portal: Bear in mind that Patchy and Remilia are friends. Let's not antagonise and provoke the current host of Patchouli's library, shall we? The fact that Remilia is asking for unrestricted access to the portal instead of just walking through as and when she pleases means she respects our boundaries. Don't figuratively spit in her face with the defenses.

And yes, the open favor is probably a bad idea. Remilia wouldn't deliberately choose something horrible to us, but it could come at a very inconvenient time if unfortunate.
>> No. 50555
>>50554

Unless it had some kind of mind-control effect then, nothing other than feeling like shit for a day or two.

But if it did, then Patchouli would've shot it down instantly - or at least mentioned it.

There's plenty of work that can be done from a sickbed - or even a sickbed being levitated by an assistant or carried by a golem. We might even be able to get Remilia to make Sakuya do some kind of time warp to speed up recovery and pack in a few more days. As she currently thinks she's getting the better part of the deal, it might work without any further terms on her side.

[X] Give Blood
[X] Ask for free use of Sakuya
>> No. 50556
>>50554
Because it's extremely out of character.
They've known eachother for something like a hundred years and for all this time Patchy has kept remilia from drinking her blood but now she's going to let her do it in exchange for an insignificant favour?
I'd love to read that scene but I can not justify voting for it.
>> No. 50557
>>50554
Well, it's a point of pride. We've apparently kept her from sucking our blood for centuries, at least.

While I can think of some situations in which the bite marks are bad, such as Harry Potter seeing them and concluding we are a vampire, they should be avoidable.

It's just, there's no point in any of these options when we can make golems or get our own fairies.

According to the sorting hat, our relationship with Remilia is a strained peace, with us not knowing when, if ever, she'll try to get our blood.
>> No. 50558
>>50557
Blood also pops up often as both a sympathetic link and a potent arcane resource in a lot of settings. At least part of that is true here (possible usage of blood to create homunculi) and Patchouli doesn't seem to sort to concede that kind of thing for something so paltry. Besides, since when is it a good idea to encourage a predator? Sure, she's charming, reasonable, and in control of her own nature - but a lion is a lion is a lion. Encouraging her to associate Patchouli with food is imprudent and there's nothing in the deal to warrant it.
>> No. 50560
It's also a symbolic display of dominance, if nothing else. It's why she wants it from the tap, as it were.
>> No. 50561
[x] Unrestricted use of the fixed portal in your library.

You guys do realize it will help the 'amuse Yukari' part as we'll have less to do ourselves? It's not like she'll go nuts on the students.
>> No. 50562
>>50561
>amuse Yukari
Yukari sleeps most of the time and has all of Gensokyo and the outside world to play with. She even has at least one private dimension. Not only that, she also has history at her fingertips.

The fact is, our activities just aren't that important to her level of amusement, and justifying stupid actions like that will only do far more harm to us than a Yukari uninterested in our actions.

And you can be damn sure that Remilia will go to town on the students if we give her access, much less unrestricted access.

Even if Remilia 'only' feeds on a few students, the basilisk 'only' petrified ... six people (and a ghost), if I recall correctly, and people we freakimg the fuck out about that.
>> No. 50563
>>50562
Yukari seems to have taken an interest in Patchouli's venture and basically implied the moment they start to bore her, she'll start opening portals.

I doubt she'd buffing with such remarks.
>> No. 50566
>>50562
>our activities just aren't that important to her level of amusement

Congrats on failing your own argument by forgetting the game Yukari set up and the advice given by Ran.

As for Remilia, we're just giving here access. Nothing is said about letting her bring too much chaos without retaliation. And also, don't forget Patchouli doesn't particulary care about humans. Just that it will make her job harder.
>> No. 50570
>>50563
Would you mind linking to the post that happened in, as the closest thing I can remember to that is Yukari's letter, in which she merely stated her hope that we would be interesting, or perhaps the visit with Ran, where she said if Yukari was bored, the portals would likely be in less convenient places.

But nowhere, I believe, was it said or implied that we are the only vehicle to Yukari's amusement. Just the opposite, in fact. For example, in Yukari's first appearance, back when Alistair touched the portal like an idiot, she said something about watching us through a sub-gap or the like. That means she can pay attention to more than one thing at a time and can thus amuse herself while keeping an eye on us.

And even if we were to bore Yukari, I repeat my earlier point that running around doing stupid shit to amuse Yukari is going to cause us more trouble than a bored gap hag would.

What I'm not sure you get is that the portals are coming. Even if we opened a goddamn three ring circus with ourselves as the ringmaster, six portals to the outside will have to be dealt with. Sure, they might be in less convenient places, but we can deal with that, or bribe someone who can.

And if you still want to do something to amuse Yukari, please, make it, you know, not letting an ancient vampire near the very students we are charged to protect.

>>50566
Her game is just one of many amusements she has, as evidenced by the yukkuri colloseum and her own city.

If we're boring, she'll just figuratively switch channels. Maybe she'll make a portal if we haven't been interesting for a while, maybe she won't.



And while you may not see fighting Remilia if she goes after the students as a restriction, I'm fairly sure Remilia will.

Finally, no, we don't care about the students. What we do care about is books, such as the ones promised to us by somebody who does care about the students.
>> No. 50571
How funny, you guys try to imply Yukari can't possibly cause as much chaos as Remilia could with only portals.

I for one wouldn't mind an ally if we had to shove back someone on the return way by force. Especially if it's someone on the upper tier of Gensokyo like, say, gods coming to get more faith.

>>48683
This is Yukari's letter.

>>49243
Ran's advice.
>> No. 50572
>>50571
First off, let me apologize. I let my anger get the better of me. I'll try to type more civilly in the future.

After rereading Ran's advice, she did in fact pretty much say that portals in bad places would happen if Yukari was bored of our actions rather than in general, so I was wrong there.

However, she also said we should be fine if we just avoid 'sitting in on place and thinking, turning pages, or scribbling something down now and again'.

Thus, I still think that allowing Remilia into Hogwarts is an unnecessary act that is likely to lose us our job and payment.
>> No. 50573
You seem to be utterly convinced that the first thing Remi would do with a way outside that doesn't involve going through Reimu would be to all but guarantee that it would get shut down by munching on the students and staff.

She's not an idiot, so give her some credit here.
>> No. 50576
>>50572
And yet, worse may come here depending on where portals land. We only have so many tokens and facts are that I doubt we can entertain Yukari enough for a whole year.

Remilia isn't stupid either. If you're that worried, why not simply ask her to refrain from going overboard?

And as said before, can we even STOP Remilia from using it anyway? Remember this from last post:

>"And I intend to, whether you give permission or not. Unless you believe you can prevent me?" She says, smirking.

>... You must admit, you somehow doubt you could. Perhaps if it was a simple matter of blasting the vampire into complacence, but with Sakuya's assistance, preventing her passage would take an inordinate amount of effort on your side of things.

Another reason is that unless we prepare many, many defenses that we'll have to maintain and change regularly depending on how much Remilia is trying, we can't even prevent her from travelling whenever she wants anyway. So really, looking that way, it's generous of Remilia to offer to accept something she already can get.

Finally, collecting wild fairies and training them and making sure they don't make chaos and train them to come when called (since I doubt they'll stay in the mansion a whole year for our purposes) would probably take a stupidly huge amount of time that we may not have. Especially if they're blasted by interference like Marisa.
>> No. 50577
>>50576
Inordinate means "Unusually or disproportionately large", so if we had to, we could probably stop Remilia AND Sakuya from crossing by ourselves. We could also conceivably enlist help.

I must disagree with you on the difficulty of building and maintaining vampire defenses. I wasn't thinking of foolproof coverage, just something to discourage her use, like an endlessly circling stream around the portal. With one of our elements being water, I feel we should be able to do that.

And I do agree with you that training wild fairies would be too time-consuming. That's why I support making golems. Nothing is more controllable, and they can even be adjusted to fit any lesson.

>>50573
It's not that I don't think she'll hold herself in check (although it's certainly a possibility if we don't include it in the agreement) it's that if students start showing up with fang marks, I doubt either their parents or Dumbledore will be happy if we just sorta go "Eh, they'll be fine, and I needed teaching assistants.", and we'd be fired and denied pay for letting a vampire into Hogwarts.
>> No. 50578
>>50577
A boulder is dropped into your stream and there is no more flow. There goes your idea.

And do remember that our ability to repel Remilia is also proportionnal to our health.
>> No. 50580
>>50578
I did say "I wasn't thinking of foolproof coverage, just something to discourage her use". And covering could be added so the flow cannot be disrupted. Perhaps of a material vampires find distasteful. Zun's vampires don't like silver, right?

And our ability to repel Remilia personally is proportional to our health. Agreements can be made with someone to assist us in handling Remilia if the need for such arises. As far as I know, our golems still work at low health as well.
>> No. 50581
>>50580
You forget that Sakuya and Meiling aren't inconvenienced with vampires weaknesses. And hiring help also apply to 'calming' Remilia should she start overdoing it at Hogwarts.

Anyway, I think we dried up all the arguments on this, unless you have an argument other than 'Remilia may go nuts on the students.' (which frankly, sums up everything you said against the many others arguments for letting Remilia pass). Better stop flooding the new thread with posts and wait for Kahi to write.
>> No. 50582
Again, I must note that the odds of Remi attempting to feed off of the inhabitants of Hogwarts is remote at best.

On the subject of running water: Going from one side to the other and plopping down in the middle of it and hanging around are two different things. She might not be able to do the latter, but don't be surprised if she's worked out a way around the former.
>> No. 50586
>>50581

It's all "Remilia may go nuts on the students" because that's a very good reason. And since you bring it up, all your arguments boil down to amusing Yukari, with some side points such as "Remilia can get in anyway" which, I would like to point out, I have addressed (whether satisfactorily or not is up to the reader) in addition to my main point.

In any case, persuasion seems impossible for both sides, so this discussion might as well end.
>> No. 50587
>>50491
>You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you.

Kahi's own bolding. Remilia is not going to be that much of a dick. Just [x] ask that she not do anything to the students without physical provocation, staff permission, or if it would be really, really funny.

... that last was originally just me being silly, but given Yukari, Patchy can actually say it with a straight face.
>> No. 50589
[X]Haggle. A period of free access to the portal - say, any time you're using her assistance plus a week on both ends of that time - should be perfectly useful, as long as she promises not to draw any inconvenient faculty attention to you with stunts like taking over the school, or fanging anyone who would turn around and complain.
[X]If you can't bargain her down, just cave and give her full access. Don't let on that you're doing this because you know she can pretty much use the portal whenever she wants anyways.
>> No. 50590
[x] All the offers suck, so you can make your own assistants. Golems are completely controllable, and can have their difficulty adjusted to order.
>> No. 50591
[x] Let Remi have access to the outside world, although she shouldn't draw any undue attention our ways.

What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 50592
>>50591
Saying stuff like that is like asking 'what's the worst that could happen'. Speaking of which, here's the worst that could happen. Please, let's not start that discussion again, I'm just doing this for fun.

Remilia starts slow, murdering students she finds alone in the corridors at night and displaying their mangled corpses in very public places. Harry Potter is the first victim, having been sneaking about under his invisibility cloak to investigate the new teacher, until he was smelled by Remilia. Suspicion first falls on Hagrid's newest dangerous beastie, which ironically only eats flower nectar despite its sharp teeth and claws. Refusing to give up his pet to be put down, Hagrid is sent to Azkaban and eventually goes insane there. After students stop traveling alone, Remilia begins hunting them for sport. Teachers are dealt with when they attempt to get in the way. Sakuya ensures no one leaves or sends for help. The last students are found cowering in a house dormitory and subsequently torn to pieces.

Dumbledore, returning to Hogwarts from the Wizengamot, finds a much emptier school than the one he left. He does battle with Remilia, learning of our involvement in her entrance in the ensuing banter. The vampire proves too much for him, and he escapes, heavily wounded.

Dumbledore does more research into where, exactly, we came from, and discovers Gensokyo. He informs the ministry of its existence and how to reach it. This knowledge spreads throughout magical government, as well as to Voldemort, thanks to a spy in the ministry.

Meanwhile, Remilia begins conquering Scotland, using Hogwarts as a base. She also ends up destroying the Statute of Secrecy while doing so.

As riots start all over the Muggle world due to the revelation of magic's existence, the wizarding world decides it's time for a move. The Ministry of Magic and the Death Eaters each decide to move to Gensokyo, forcing each inhabitant to choose sides in a bloody civil war. Ran swears out loud when she sees all the damage to the barrier she'll have to repair. Chen hears it and begins repeating it, much to Ran's charign.

In our absence, our entire library is stolen by Marisa and subsequently destroyed in a fierce battle between the two sides. When we learn of this, we suffer an aneurysm and die.

BAD END.
>> No. 50595
[x] Let Remi have access to the outside world, as long as she promises not to go too crazy out there.
>> No. 50596
>>50592
I respectfully disagree.

"What could possibly go wrong?" is the worst of the lot. By far. It leaves far too much up to interpretation.
>> No. 50597
>>50577
That part about payment being withheld would probably be our largest concern. We went through a lot of trouble, pandering to Yukari, making a house, wandering around London, and so on when everyone in the story has characterized us as the type to generally stay at home. We did this for books. If we don't get those books, it all becomes pointless.

Yes, I know, loss of life, blah blah blah, but Remilia is our friend, the Hogwarts people aren't and we've been shown to put books above Marisa's life. So really we probably aren't going to take the option because she might make enough trouble that we won't get paid. We are a youkai, even if a magician type.
>> No. 50598
>>50597
>That part about payment being withheld would probably be our largest concern.

>>46585
>Excellent. I shall make arrangements on my end, and the books will be delivered to your chosen quarters at the start of term.

Argument destroyed.
>> No. 50599
>>50598
While you bring up a good point, remember that taking the books while not fulfilling our duties to our employer's satisfaction would be tantamount to theft. And I'm fairly certain we've had enough book-theivery done to us to avoid that.

By the way, would you mind not saying things like 'argument destroyed'? It just seems to me like it can lead to somebody angrily posting about how the argument is totally not destroyed, then somebody just as angrily about how it totally was, and so on until you've got a grade-A flamewar.
>> No. 50600
>>50599

>>50597 was said the biggest worry was not receiving the books. That everything else didn't really matter to Patchouli. I have proven that it was a false concern and that there is no reason to not give Remilia free access.

Maybe I could have done it nicer, yes. But frankly, arguments created with wrong or false information to justify votes always pissed me off. Especially arguments created because some can't remember what they read or can't check up facts first.
>> No. 50601
[x] Make or train our own training partners because an open-ended favor is intolerable.

It is. Just read Doll Quest.
>> No. 50602
>>50601
Hence why no one said to use the SDM fairies in exchange of this. That's only ONE out of the three options Remilia proposed.

And guys, remember that only portal use would be unconditionnal if that option win. Nothing is said to stop us from vampire-proofing the castle if we want.
>> No. 50603
>>50598
Because it's completely impossible that if we grant Remilia full access to the portal now she would do something to wreck our chances of getting paid before the term starts?

Unless you're assuming that (or that somehow we can make her wait to use it), you're not really saying anything of worth there.
>> No. 50604
You guys do know that the deal only specifies "unrestricted access to the portal", right? That does not necessarily include unrestricted access to the house on the other side of the portal.

Think about it.
>> No. 50605
>>50604
You want to give her reason to go out of her way to make trouble for us?
>> No. 50606
Honestly, the real problem here is lack of information. We've only seen Remilia a handful of times so we can't be sure how she'd act if we gave her access to our blood or the portal (and an open ended favor is much, much worse). Oh, she's our friend, so it probably wouldn't deliberately kill or maim us. Probably. But neither she nor we are human and Remilia does seem to enjoy dominance games (and actually, thinking of Marisa, so do we) so she might make us suffer a bit.
In the end, it may all just be too much hassle to borrow her fairies, but I think we've gone through all the major arguments now.
>> No. 50608
[x] Unrestricted use of the fixed portal in your library.
>> No. 50615
File 132553279634.jpg - (88.64KB, 850x375, sample-e8cba3ac9a6bb881b576e6422e4eb23d.jpg) [iqdb]
50615
Your first inclination is to attempt to haggle further. You bite down hard on it, as you've never been the best negotiator around, Remi has always been very good at getting what she wanted, and you can only see the results from such an attempt either leaving Remi with even more than she was bargaining for, somehow, or throwing things into an immediate and unexpected battle.

At your current state of health, and without having made advance preparations for such an endeavor, that would be a less than ideal conclusion, and again leave Remi in a superior position. By which you mean 'jaws locked around your throat'.

"I will have my own selection from the staff, of course." You stipulate.

"I can spare so many as a dozen at a time, without issue. Perhaps so many as two, though I'd request you return them if they should need replacing." Remilia says, flippantly. "Aside from that, they are at your disposal, in this exchange."

"And I would request that you not... do anything which might bring unfortunate attention in my direction." You continue.

"Pah. A trifling. The throats of your little fledglings will continue unmarred, I assure you." Remilia replies, uninterested.

The safety of the staff, you note, is not so immediately assured. Or the local human groups in general. Wonderful. Still, it's probably the most assurance you'll get, and she probably won't go out of her way to meddle with the affairs of wizards.

"Very well then. Unconditional use of the portal." You agree.

Remilia doesn't look at all surprised, though she does focus a bit below your jawline for a moment before returning attention to her tea.

You'll have to go through the roster later, with a serious consideration of what sort of fairies you want... well, there are numerous enough fae that you could select essentially any combination you wished. You'll probably want to skew things towards some measure of magical ability, rather than physical prowess or sheer speed, however. Provided you don't wish them to humiliate the students with feather dusters and polishing rags, in any case. A thought for later, though.

For now, you have a quick lunch, Rachel immediately joining you and settling down on your cap, and then a vat of homunculi to inject pure magical energy into. It seems to be coming along nicely.

In any case, there's probably another hour or so to plan your excursion, or take care of whatever other matters come to mind.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50616
[x] With her new body, Porphyrion is quite unsuited to defend your library now. Some sort of job should be found so she simply doesn't laze around every day.

Because why not? Unless Sakuya already got her to work.
>> No. 50619
>>50617
You seriously think Remilia won't understand its purpose? She'll destroy it then go make our life hell for even attempting such a farce.
>> No. 50620
>>50618
And your proof on this, other than your own view of Gensokyo, is?
>> No. 50625
>>50620
Remilia, in case you didn't notice, is not an idiot in this. Her deal was a win for her in any way and she knew it. Even if we refused, training a whole batch of fairy would even been a time-consumming task with its own headaches and she would have maybe come back to porpose the deal again or enjoy watching our frustrations.

In any case, I don't doubt it wouldn't long for her to notice something following her. Not with her age and power. Since Patchouli is the only one around to make those golems and to have a reason to have one following her, there's no telling what she would have done for her clearly 'untrusting friend'.
>> No. 50627
>>50625
>>50617 here.

Well, yes. Of course it would be noticed. It's acting as her servant, after all.

The idea was that Remilia would know the real point of the golem, but no action would be taken because of the, for lack of a better comparison, Light-L dynamic these two seem to have going on. The golem is more of a reminder that we'll come over there and apply sun magic if we have to, with usefulness to ease the sting.

Still, this does depend on how Remilia takes it. Would you be happier if I added a conditional based on how we think Remilia would react?
>> No. 50628
>>50627
I can't see how that would end well for us honestly. Perhaps we can wait to actually suspect something strange before doing something like that.
>> No. 50631
>>50616
Maybe Porphyrion could be an in-class assistant? S/he should be capable of the sort of things we need an assistant to do (menial tasks mostly, as well as covering on horrid days and an extra pair of eyes against trouble) and this leaves Koa free to watch the library while we're in class. These roles could be swapped but Koa already has experience as a library hand and is probably better in combat.

As for Remi-watch she would guess that anything we give her to "help" would report back. She's not dumb and will wreck/dispose of it if she doesn't want us knowing about something so besides rigging it with a sun-based stun bomb to trigger if it get's destroyed I don't think that will work. one idea would be to set small "cameras" up all over Hogwarts and the surrounding area. This would allow us to watch everywhere we care about for not only Remi but things such as portals and other sources of trouble. They should be small, disguised to blend in and stationary (if we can give them 360 vision) or with rotating sensor (if we can't).

This would be no small task to set up though and would need to be done on whatever day is most convenient for the effect (I'd guess moon)and we would need a way for them to relay information, if simple screens are not possible.

[x] See what Porphyrion is up to, bonce the idea of becoming an in-class assistant off him/her
[x] Think of ways to set up a surveillance networks over Hogwarts and the surrounding area.
>> No. 50632
>>50629
What possible use could Remilia have for a golem servant? It seems kind of redundant seeing as she's fairly likely to have Sakuya with her.
I realise that's not the main point of it but at that point it doesn't even have the pretense of being there for her convenience.
>> No. 50633
[x] See what Porphyrion is up to, bonce the idea of becoming an in-class assistant off him/her. Some sort of translation spell would likely be required though.
[x] Think of ways to set up a surveillance networks over Hogwarts and the surrounding area.

I'd been thinking something similar for the ex-giant, and there isn't enough time for more in-depth research into more complicated topics.

And really, don't bother trying to tail Remi, it won't work. Setting up a surveillance network can be excused as a simple security measure(Too lazy to check at the moment, but I'm reasonably sure Dumbles at least alluded to Voldy at some point), and could come in handy for when Yukari starts dropping the portals.
>> No. 50634
>>50633
This.
If you want to try and keep an eye on Remi then do it by setting up a surveillance network that is useful for other things and not plainly made to keep tabs on her.
>> No. 50635
[x] See what Porphyrion is up to, bonce the idea of becoming an in-class assistant off him/her. Some sort of translation spell would likely be required though.
[x] Think of ways to set up a surveillance networks over Hogwarts and the surrounding area.

This seems like the best choice to make at the moment.
>> No. 50636
Actually, we'll already need to set a network to watch out for portals so I guess this will work out.
>> No. 50637
[X] See what Porphyrion is up to, bounce the idea of becoming an in-class assistant off him/her. Some sort of translation spell would likely be required though.
[X] Think of ways to set up a surveillance networks over Hogwarts and the surrounding area.

If I remember right, Dumbly isn't too happy with the school's current condition at the moment; I imagine a surreptitious network of magic cameras or something could be played as a genuine attempt to bolster the school's security, especially with random portals in the near future. Even if Remi suspects she's being watched - and she'd be an idiot not to think we won't try - there's no shortage of places to conceal magic eyes where they couldn't be gotten to without raising alarms.
>> No. 50638
This is the guy who wanted to make the golem to follow Remilia around. Looks like anon has rejected my idea. In retrospect, it was a plan that doesn't cover as many options as the network plan (which I can't believe I didn't think of). My one reservation is the time cost.

[X] See what Porphyrion is up to, bounce the idea of becoming an in-class assistant off him/her. Some sort of translation spell would likely be required though.
[X] Think of ways to set up a surveillance network over Hogwarts and the area within its wards, preferably linked to the castle's preexisting defenses so they can be turned over after you leave.
-[x] Humans like privacy, don't they? Keep that in mind.
[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.

That last vote is mostly because Angrynon is cute when he's mad~.
>> No. 50640
Porphyrion would make a better class assistant than Koa, due to Koa's habits.
>> No. 50641
>>50640

Well now...that's just plain rude. Koa has shown every manor of restraint in not sucking out people's souls without orders.
>> No. 50642
>>50641

Sucking out souls has never been the problem, it's whatever else she happens to be sucking out instead...
>> No. 50643
>>50642
Yeah her habits with students even if no soul sucking was involved would cause Patchouli trouble, and Harry would be easy pickings (weakness against redheads)
>> No. 50644
>>50643
She might be making lewd comments and innuendo but if given orders of no banging students/staff she'll probably listen.


[X] Think of ways to set up a surveillance network over Hogwarts and the area within its wards, preferably linked to the castle's preexisting defenses so they can be turned over after you leave.
-[x] Humans like privacy, don't they? Keep that in mind.

Probably find away to make it difficult for people to track them back to you if they're detected

[x] Check on the Great Hat Experiment.
Probably walk by and take notes on if they're insane crying or sleeping.
>> No. 50646
[X] Think of ways to set up a surveillance network over Hogwarts and the area within its wards, preferrably unobtrusive enough that it goes unnoticed.

>>50644
I would assume their contract requires her to obey Patchouli's orders so I agree it should be no big problem.
>> No. 50647
I'm not concerned about Koa misbehaving, personally. What I worry about is somebody realizing 'holy shit, that's a demon' and then we'd have to deal with a bunch of angry parent letters asking how dare we bring a demon anywhere near their little snowflake. Unless magical parents don't helicopter.
>> No. 50649
>>50647
>Unless magical parents don't helicopter.

What?
>> No. 50650
>>50649
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHkmvustuA&feature=related
>> No. 50651
On Koakuma, Hogwarts is the most insanely permissive school ever, so on her own she'd probably be ignored/tolerated. The question is, how much scary weirdness from us (given we're already bringing random dangerous portals and a vampire) will the school (parents/ government/ Dumbledore) permit?
>> No. 50654
>>50651
Well, since it happens during the fifth book and Fudge and many think Dumbledore is now crazy, probably not much. But how will a certain Dark Lord react once he hear about all that 'scary weirdness', as you put it?

Not like Patchouli will care in any case.
>> No. 50655
>>50654
Speaking of which should Voldy decide to unwisely pick a fight with us we could probably end the series then and there, especially on earth or metal day. Use a wall to block the first spell, gate to behind him and summon a rock about 5 inch over his head and let gravity clean up. Then have Koa eat his soul while he's down to skip the whole horcrux mess.

Unlikely to actually happen but still a funny thought, and that's before we get the idea of using Dumbledore's "people finder" for a scry-and-die...

So yeah we don't have to worry about the dark lord much.
>> No. 50658
[x] Think of ways to set up a surveillance network over Hogwarts and the area within its wards, preferably linked to the castle's preexisting defenses so they can be turned over after you leave.
-[x] Humans like privacy, don't they? Keep that in mind.
[x] Find some way to thank Miss Kurodani for her efforts thus far.
-[x] An apology, or at the least the ommision of the usage of water when waking her up, should suffice.

We can use Koakuma as a teaching assistant, and the surveillance system sounds like a good idea. We still want to keep our good health, though, hence the last bit.
>> No. 50664
File 132572020747.jpg - (577.11KB, 850x850, amysterytoeveryone.jpg) [iqdb]
50664
Porphyrion would make a decent enough assistant instructor, you suppose, presuming that some solution for the probable language barrier can be introduced. You somehow doubt that the students will be particularly fluent in the dialect of greek spoken in the time Porphyrion walked the earth as a giant. And Porphyrion will also be at least a little less likely to indulge in indiscretions with the students. Probably. But at the very least, she'll be unable to devour souls if she does.

... She's not readily located, however, and you take a moment to glance in on the M-patterns. They don't seem to have grasped yet that their complaining is not and will not be aiding them in any significant degree, but aside from that there are not yet any conclusive results. It will likely take at least a few days, to allow for growth.

You continue hunting around the general area for the suddenly-scarce giant-in-a-homunculus, and absent-mindedly consider surveillance of Hogwarts, castle and grounds, as you go. You already have a number of golems canvassing the forest, though a quick check shows their numbers to be significantly reduced. Several seem to have fallen prey to giant spiderwebs, and at least a few have been shot down by what you assume to be Centaur arrows, among other ends.

You somehow doubt that you'll manage to locate all of the portals before problems arise from them, but you can at least spread a good deal more small golems to secrete themselves in dusty crags and out of the way corners. The issue is that you obviously won't be able to watch through all of the golems all of the time, and they aren't really capable of recording the things they see for later review.

Homunculi can, however. So the obvious answer is to connect some number of homunculi to the golems and regularly check up on the things that they recall seeing through the golem's eyes, neatly sidestepping that issue. The thought of privacy arises. You don't doubt people will get irrationally upset if you set sentries in bedrooms and bathing facilities, due to suspicions of lewdity. You have no interest, and less than no interest, in such activity but you doubt such arguments will carry significant weight. Infuriatingly, this means that as a no-go zone for surveillance, such areas would be prime positioning for hidden and unexpected portal arrivals.

.... Similarly frustratingly, you have yet to locate Porphyrion in your search. After another fruitless minute or two, you give up on your current measures.

"Sakuya." You call, vexed tone startling Rachel almost off your head before you calm yourself. "Where is Porphyrion?"

"Ah... your venture into psuedo-necromancy?" She asks, seeming to flicker. "Hm... It was most recently noted by the gatekeeper, leaving the mansion grounds. I believe it was on a direct path towards. This was hours ago."

Leaving for the human village? Why would Porphyrion want to do that...

Why would Porphyrion want to go to the human village. Where there were humans. More specifically, men, a gender in short supply inside of the Mansion proper. You groan, and rub your temples.

"And she simply allowed her to leave?"

"I recall that you left no specific instructions restricting it to mansion grounds." Sakuya points out.

... Wonderful. This is simply fantastic.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50666
[x] Go get Porphyrion. Incidentally, teaching her some general knowledge of Gensokyo and something to defend herself will have to be done later. You have no doubt she doesn't want her new life to end so soon.
>> No. 50667
[x] Time to go hunt down Porphyrion and ensure that our handiwork isn't going to go to waste.
[x] Perhaps Keine or one of the other friendlier denizens might be persuaded to help her out?
>> No. 50669
[x] Go get Porphyrion. Incidentally, teaching her some general knowledge of Gensokyo and something to defend herself will have to be done later. You have no doubt she doesn't want her new life to end so soon.
[x] Consider the difficulties of keeping enough homunculi to watch Hogwats in it's entirety, Would spirit bound golems be more feasible due to not needing food or sleep?

Homunculi need food and sleep right and if they can only watch so many at a time we will need alot to cover the majority of hogwarts. I'd wager at least 150 probably closer to 200 or more camera golems would be needed to cover it in it's entirety. Even if we can have 1 homunculus watch 15 cameras we still need 20 homunculi minimum due to the need for shifts, possibly more, all of which need feeding and access to basic amenities. Will Sakuya be willing to serve that much extra food?

Spirit bound golems by contrast need no food or sleep, meaning less are needed to process data and are intelligent enough to detect more subtle things such as an odd darkness(Rumia) or a student with wings (Remi in disguise) among other things. Depending on what form we give them we could also use them for other tasks. These golems can them communicate either to us directly or with a master golem small enough to carry around, assuming they can communicate from a distance using magic, giving us instant notification of events.

I wouldn't worry too much about the whole private areas thing as such areas are often occupied often enough we would quickly know of any portals in places like that while Remi can be covered for by placing cameras on the entrances. Just make sure the students are alert to the danger.
>> No. 50673
[x] Time to go hunt down Porphyrion and ensure that our handiwork isn't going to go to waste.
[x] Consider the difficulties of keeping enough homunculi to watch Hogwats in it's entirety, Would spirit bound golems be more feasible due to not needing food or sleep?
[x] Also, consider the portal to Hogwarts, could you "feel" it, and could a spell be made to identify portal signatures.

Mix-matching votes, then adding my own.
>>50669
Agreed, but a lot of things can problably point out wings in a uniform if a cloak isn't worn. Also, vampires tend to not have reflections, and this is sometimes extended to recordings.
I wonder if we could enchant the golems with a portal sensing spell. If they can't sniff portals out, then maybe at least we don't have to monitor them that closly since we could also make the golems auto-alert us if a portal is detected.
>> No. 50675
>>50673
Trying to sense the portals was already brought up. The answer, in short, was no.

Also: Patchy already has golems canvasing the surrounding areas to look for portals.
>> No. 50677
>>50675

Wow, where was I? I know that golems where scouting the area, but I must of overlooked or forgot the sensing part. Just disregard that part of the vote then.
>> No. 50681
[x] Go get Porphyrion. Incidentally, teaching her some general knowledge of Gensokyo and something to defend herself will have to be done later. You have no doubt she doesn't want her new life to end so soon.
[x] Consider the difficulties of keeping enough homunculi to watch Hogwats in it's entirety, Would spirit bound golems be more feasible due to not needing food or sleep?

Good points.
>> No. 50690
[x] Go get Porphyrion. Introduce him to Koa's homunculi.
-[x] Unless she's busy.
[x] Consider the difficulties of keeping enough homunculi to watch Hogwats in it's entirety, Would spirit bound golems be more feasible due to not needing food or sleep?
[x] If bedrooms and bathrooms manifest portals, they likely will need to be closed and replacements made somewhere else. Ensure you'll be able to make them.
[x] Go Outside. Drop by Japan and see if that golem is following the courtesan around, then go look for interesting books in Diagon Alley.
>> No. 50705
[x] Go get Porphyrion. What the hell is she think she is doing, her body is yours. Just because you're lending it to her doesn't mean she can do whatever she wants with it.
[x] You will probably use the forced assistance of both giants and Koakuma. Porphyrion better not ruin the new body before you actually need it for something useful.
[x] Either test Porphyrion's capabilities with the new body, or think of how should you leave a first good impression on your soon to be students (not that you care/need, but earning the respect or admiration of younglings make it easier to control them).
[x] Failing that, or if there is still time left, then do nothing for a while or read a book until it's time to leave.
>> No. 50713
[x] Go get Porphyrion. You will probably use the forced assistance of both giants and Koakuma. Porphyrion better not ruin the new body before you actually need it for something useful.
[x] Either test Porphyrion's capabilities with the new body, or think of how should you leave a first good impression on your soon to be students (not that you care/need, but earning the respect or admiration of younglings make it easier to control them).

I like this. Makes a lot of sense.
>> No. 50715
>>50713
Not as much as you think. Patchouli has stated before the differences between golem and humonculi, so she should already know what the flesh body can and cannot do unless Porphyrion spent time training. As for students, we don't know anything but theirs grades and what Patchouli deduced from them. We're meeting Remus tomorrow about it too so that part has to wait.
>> No. 50716
>>50715

Really? I don't remember that. When was it?
>> No. 50719
>>50716
When we offered the brothers the choice between staying a golem or using a humonculi body here >>47935

While it's not clearly stated what Porphyrion can and cannot do with a flesh body, Patchouli should know enough that testing those physical limits is unnecessary.
>> No. 50721
File 132608349723.jpg - (259.45KB, 850x1133, sample-fe9b95afe552d3b31fd35e1a4b80788c.jpg) [iqdb]
50721
You're only minutes later floating down the path towards the village, trailing your errant creation.

The odds of Porphyrion stumbling into the claws of something out of her range of ability to fight off aren't significantly large, but enough to be worrisome. It's not really why you're so vexed, however. You summoned the giant once, should things turn out poorly, you can summon him again, and the homunculi would be vexing to replace but not impossible.

What annoys you is the certainty of what the spirit is almost certainly going to have been up to with its new anatomy. While part of the aggravation that would have come from Koakuma harvesting from the villagers would have been the risk of her nibbling at things that should remain un-nibbled, never mind that you would have left orders against it, the majority would have come from the simple fact that the elders of the village do not at all appreciate their youths having relations with un-approved parties. And are perfectly willing to kick up fusses regarding such indiscretions, if they are inclined.

You very much don't want to be bothered with such annoyances.

In any case, the thought of summoning spirits into golems wholesale has some merit, but bears a significant and fatal flaw. Where Homunculi and Golems have no personality of their own, as such, beings summoned into them do and most certainly will. The spirits in the golems would not require rest or sustenance, of course, but that hardly means that they would be anywhere near as focused or driven to fulfil their duties as homunculi.

They are capable of growing bored. They can lose focus, become distracted. They might turn their attention to their own devices, for periods of time, or become lost in thought. And it's not impossible that other parties might bargain with them, as with a crooked jailkeeper, to remain 'unseen', and as you cannot simply examine their memories directly, as you can homunculi, it is not out of the question that those disruptive elements could simply lie to you.

Neither of the last are particularly likely. However that they are possible leaves the option as a poor substitute, in comparison to Homunculi, though admittedly you might be better served with a greater number of the flesh-constructs. You must keep in mind that while you summon something to fulfil a purpose, and it comes prepared to fulfil that purpose, it will always have its own reasons to serve that purpose.

Matters can grow unfortunately complex, considering this, with some remarkable swiftness.

Fortunately enough, Porphyrion doesn't seem to have made it to the village proper, instead having stopped at the fields of a farmstead along the way. The reason is easily apparent, from the air, as she's stripped the clothes from either a hired worker or one of the elder sons of the family and pinned him to the ground behind a haystack to work her intentions.

He doesn't seem certain whether to be delighted or horrified by the turn of events. Likely any number of erotic horror stories shared about by callow youths. He's probably worried that, like a mantis, Porphyrion will finish her work and then devour him for sustenance upon which to raise a brood.

You splash Porphyrion with a globe of deliberately frigid water, as you land. The youth's eyes turn to you quickly, in confusion, and then in a flash of slight recognition.... and uncertain, but obvious, hopes and dismay. How terribly amusing. Does the whelp really think you're here to join in?

"M... Miss Knowledge?" He croaks, mildly stunned.

"My apologies, boy." You say shortly, before turning to the sputtering Porphyrion, tumbled awkwardly off of her perch. Again, the young man doesn't seem entirely sure how to feel regarding the turn of events.

"And as for you, what exactly do you think you are doing?" You say, voice chilling.

"I wouldn't have thought you'd neen an explanation of that, of all things." Porphyrion grumbles.

"Yes, the action itself was quite clear. I'm simply unsure where you picked up the sheer gall to act in this manner. There is a time and a place for such activities and this is neither. If you are incapable of controlling your proclivities with simply your own body, then I will provide you with materials and Homunculi to sate yourself with."

"Bah. Empty-eyed and dead shells. There is no warmth or lust to such things." Porphyrion complains.

"If you deem this insufficient, then you WILL control yourself until such a time and place as I deem appropriate, or I WILL take action. I have not given you that body as a gift, merely lent it for your use, so long as you do not turn it to purposes I do not approve of. In any case, the humans native to this land are not for YOUR amusement and whims." You snap.

Porphyrion has a stormy, displeased cast to her features. It seems that one of those complexities of dealing with the summoned has shown itself. You'll have to be sure to remind the spirit of its place. There are any number of ways you could do this.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50722
[x] "If you do not, the very least I may do is to physically bind you and turn you over to the local authorities, to be tried and possibly executed for rape."
>> No. 50723
[x] Bind him to a rock or similar object momentarily, then transfer him back.
[x] Explain to him why doing this here is a bad idea, and he ought to at least do this Outside, in a place where nobody would believe his victim. Such as behind a bar, preferably one far away from Britain. Offer transportation sometimes if he does well.

Carrot and stick.

>>50722
If we bring up rape, he'll probably just say the dude didn't seem to mind.
>> No. 50726
>>50722
Doubt Porphyrion cares much about rape and all. Much more likely that the idea of returning to those endless fields will be enough of a threat to control him, but he sure as hell will be unhappy.

Also, while carrot and stick approach is good, it's time for the stick right now. This happened after we took a whole day to craft the body just to make Porphyrion happy and there was no obligation to do it.

[x] Remind Porphyrion that this is not her era, such matters are not viewed the same as back then and that you certainly did not take the trouble to craft a body she wished for so that she could bring headaches and trouble in return. Then remind her that you can return her to a golem body should she still abuse that gift or simply return her to the Asphodel Fields.

Pretty sure this flush the idea of using her as assistant right down the toilet too.
>> No. 50728
Don't care what other stuff you guys vote for, but we might wanna:

[X] Ask the boy if he could possibly be persuaded to settle out of court keep quiet about this.
>> No. 50730
[x] Ask the boy if he wants this.
-[x] If yes make a bargain, the 2 of them can have their fun on 1 condition each:
boy: He keeps shut of this entire incident, especially our involvement.
Porphyrion: Inform him/her about the whole elder nonsense in brief, s/he is not to cause us trouble with this pleasure-seeking or I may have to make adjustments to that body.
-[x] If no/too flabbergasted to respond in any decent time remind Porphyrion that males can be raped too and this is not acceptable, any more of this will result in a swift return to the plains. Inform him/her of the elder problem anyway so s/he gets no ideas of simply finding a bar instead and causing trouble that way, not that we personally care if s/he as consensual sex but we would rather not have to repel an angry mob.
>> No. 50731
[X]Make it clear to Porphyrion that giving her a flesh and blood body was a courtesy, one that can be withdrawn if she causes trouble for us.

Who has sex with whom is something that humans tend to be quite touchy about and the least she needs to do is make sure the intended partner wants to be involved. Just pushing someone down and pulling their pants off is likely to cause trouble in the long run.

The only real problem is that if people find out that our creation is going around "preying upon the young men of the village" that's likely to be very annoying for us.
>> No. 50732
Ah, once again, the old Greek tradition of finding oneself a young boy to sate one's lust has shown its ugly side.

[x] Remind Porphyrion that this is not her era, such matters are not viewed the same as back then and that you certainly did not take the trouble to craft a body she wished for so that she could bring headaches and trouble in return. Then remind her that you can return her to a golem body should she still abuse that gift or simply return her to the Asphodel Fields.
[x] ...Consider enchanting Porphyrion's body with a feature allowing you to remotely disconnect the brain from all sensory input, in case those threats prove fruitless.
>> No. 50733
>>50730
No. Nevermind the actual chances of the boy kepping quiet about this,(which are low) but it's time to make Porphyrion remember that she just can't do as she pleases, NOT help her do as she pleases.
>> No. 50734
[x]Explain to Prophyrion the nature of humanity in Gensokyo, the problems that would arise if she went and jumped the bones of anything that moved, and, if needed, how proper behavior has changed over the ages.
[x]Then note that you'll be heading Outside on a teaching job for an extended period of time and could use an assistant, and that while you'd expect said assistant to follow orders when needed she'd likely have a lot of free time on her hands. In a place where previously mentioned Gensokyo-specific restrictions wouldn't apply. And if said assistant just happened to be an exotic young woman without much in the way of inhibitions she'd likely find herself to be quite popular, if you get my drift.
>> No. 50735
[x] Consider conjuring a chastity belt for Porphyrion on nearest Day of Metal.
>> No. 50736
Cock-blocked. Not cool Patchouli.

[X] Let her finish off with this guy, then it's back to the mansion.
[X] If need be, we can simply summon something that would be happy to inhabit a body or two simply for carnal purposes.
>> No. 50739
[X] Make it clear to Porphyrion that giving her a flesh and blood body was a courtesy, one that can be withdrawn if she causes trouble for us.
[x] Explain to Prophyrion the nature of humanity in Gensokyo, the problems that would arise if she went and jumped the bones of anything that moved, and, if needed, how proper behavior has changed over the ages.
[x] "Male humans can be raped, and the punishment for crimes usually involve either crippling or outright execution of the criminals, unless you plan on marrying the victim, and even that only applies to male rapists. And before you even think of it, no, I will not change you to a male body."
[x] "Until you can properly seduce someone, refrain from such activities."
[x] "I will be going to the Outside today. If you absolutely must act upon your body's lust, the Outside has a more willing population for such activity, and you won't have to worry about the old customs that still rule over Gensokyo's human population."

Vote combinan games and a bit of my own idea. I really don't want to force the giant into chastity, as that's a horrible thing. The Outside won't be as problematic as Gensokyo, and we can have Koakuma help her with this, or we could bring Tewi and ask the Mafia to pop Porphyrion's cherry with someone decent.
>> No. 50740
[x] Make it clear to Porphyrion that giving her a flesh and blood body was a courtesy, one that can be withdrawn if she causes trouble for us.
[x] Explain to Prophyrion the nature of humanity in Gensokyo, the problems that would arise if she went and jumped the bones of anything that moved, and, if needed, how proper behavior has changed over the ages.
[x] "Male humans can be raped, and the punishment for crimes usually involve either crippling or outright execution of the criminals, unless you plan on marrying the victim, and even that only applies to male rapists. And before you even think of it, no, I will not change you to a male body."
[x] "Until you can properly seduce someone, refrain from such activities."
[x] "I will be going to the Outside today. If you absolutely must act upon your body's lust, the Outside has a more willing population for such activity, and you won't have to worry about the old customs that still rule over Gensokyo's human population."
>> No. 50742
>>50739
You're thinking as a guy, not Patchouli. With Koakuma as proof, it's pretty clear Patchouli has no qualms about forcing someone into chastity until she needs Koakuma to do it.

As for letting those two loose in England, remember that Patchouli will not do so in a place she intends to do business in as stated before. It should be assumed that Dumbledore follow the news and that if wizards find people dying by soul sucked out, Dumbledore will suspect Patchouli.
>> No. 50743
[x]Explain to Prophyrion the nature of humanity in Gensokyo, the problems that would arise if she went and jumped the bones of anything that moved, and, if needed, how proper behavior has changed over the ages.
[x]Ask the boy if he wanted this.
-[x]If so remind them that doing such a thing out in the open creates more problems for everyone.
-[x] If not, Prepare an apology and counter measures to such cases.
[x]Then note that you'll be heading Outside on a teaching job for an extended period of time and could use an assistant, and that while you'd expect said assistant to follow orders when needed she'd likely have a lot of free time on her hands. In a place where previously mentioned Gensokyo-specific restrictions wouldn't apply. And if said assistant just happened to be an exotic young woman without much in the way of inhibitions she'd likely find herself to be quite popular, if you get my drift.

I get the impression this Patchy cares not so much for the act itself but the trouble it'd get her into. (If it doesn't cause her any trouble or interfere with her work, she wouldn't really care.)
>> No. 50744
>>50743
You DO realize Dumbledore will not be happy with that? And that the situation we observed from a visit means Cornelius would very much like this dirt to have us kicked out or cause much trouble at the very least? And that's not even speaking about the angry parents sure to come once the news about that start to spread. Thus that last part about the school isn't going to happen.
>> No. 50745
[x] Make it clear to Porphyrion that giving her a flesh and blood body was a courtesy, one that can be withdrawn if she causes trouble for us.
[x] Explain to Prophyrion the nature of humanity in Gensokyo, the problems that would arise if she went and jumped the bones of anything that moved, and, if needed, how proper behavior has changed over the ages.
[x] "Male humans can be raped, and the punishment for crimes usually involve either crippling or outright execution of the criminals, unless you plan on marrying the victim, and even that only applies to male rapists. And before you even think of it, no, I will not change you to a male body."
[x] "Until you can properly seduce someone, refrain from such activities."
[x] "I will be going to the Outside today. If you absolutely must act upon your body's lust, the Outside has a more willing population for such activity, and you won't have to worry about the old customs that still rule over Gensokyo's human population."

I can get behind this. We can sate Porphyrion's curiosity and avoid trouble at the same time.
>> No. 50746
Guys? As >>50732 stated, Porphyrion's interest is in YOUNG boys, not adults. She's going to be in trouble on the Outside too.
>> No. 50747
>>50746

Not really. Cops are coming? Portal to Gensokyo, lol!

Well, besides that, with Koakuma's help, Porphyrion should find any mate she lusts for. Succubi are usually portrayed as being skillful in illusion magic, aren't they?

[x] Make it clear to Porphyrion that giving her a flesh and blood body was a courtesy, one that can be withdrawn if she causes trouble for us.
[x] Explain to Prophyrion the nature of humanity in Gensokyo, the problems that would arise if she went and jumped the bones of anything that moved, and, if needed, how proper behavior has changed over the ages.
[x] "Male humans can be raped, and the punishment for crimes usually involve either crippling or outright execution of the criminals, unless you plan on marrying the victim, and even that only applies to male rapists. And before you even think of it, no, I will not change you to a male body."
[x] "Until you can properly seduce someone, refrain from such activities."
[x] "I will be going to the Outside today. If you absolutely must act upon your body's lust, the Outside has a more willing population for such activity, and you won't have to worry about the old customs that still rule over Gensokyo's human population."
>> No. 50749
>>50747
Actually, no. Koakuma did not display the ability to make such portals. That would mean Patchouli would have to stay around to portal them out when the cops are coming, or at the very least keep her attention on them to bail them out at the right time. I think you can guess what Patchouli would think of that.

That and Ran won't be pleased by why the border had to be breached and then repaired by her. Then again, you probably meant portal to inside the tower.
>> No. 50750
>>50749
>That and Ran won't be pleased by why the border had to be breached and then repaired by her.

Cut that crap out. Ran said a few holes wasn't that much of a deal. Unless you're planning on perfurating the border much more than necessary, that won't be a problem.
>> No. 50752
[x] Make it clear to Porphyrion that giving her a flesh and blood body was a courtesy, one that can be withdrawn if she causes trouble for us.
[x] Explain to Prophyrion the problems that would arise if she went and jumped the bones of anything that moved in Gensokyo, and, if needed, how proper behavior has changed over the ages.
[x] Once she's good and sorry, note that you'll be heading Outside on a teaching job for an extended period of time and could use an assistant, and that while you'd expect said assistant to follow orders when needed she'd likely have a lot of free time on her hands. And while there's no way she'd be allowed to carry on with the students, you don't have anything against her doing something like this behind a bar far away from Britain.
>> No. 50759
File 132631712144.jpg - (29.12KB, 480x340, kiss.jpg) [iqdb]
50759
>>50728

Gee Miss Knowledge, i'll keep it a secret if you give me a kiss, for luck.
>> No. 50767
File 132643416585.jpg - (594.55KB, 793x1100, 2eba5058bcf76de347fcd55e1fd94022.jpg) [iqdb]
50767
"You will understand, of course, that times have changed as you wandered the afterlife. Humans no longer simply blink and shrug upon discovery that one of their number has been used against their wishes."

"Wishes, bah. The boy was eager enough. Merely the sight of this body, and he was prepared to join me in dalliance." Porphyrion grumbles.

"Physically, perhaps, but there are those that would argue long and hard of psychological distress and confusion, and affirm that even should he have gone along willingly, and enjoyed himself thoroughly, he of course was wickedly seduced and did not truly want your attention."

Porphyrion doesn't seem to quite grasp the concept.

"In any case, humans are most rigidly specific regarding what they consider 'appropriate' these days. Meddling like this will stir up any amount of trouble for me and I will NOT allow it, even if I must encase you in a metal shell to prevent any provocative stimuli at all. Or if I must take away the body I have allowed you to use. And if it comes to it, I am not above throwing you to the wolves, if blood is heated enough over your actions to become an issue."

"I cannot imagine you did not expect my intentions."

"What I expected, giant, was for you to harbor some modicum of restraint." You snap. "I care nothing for your proclivities or activities. Cavort with brittle old humans likely to fall to dust in a stiff wind, or steal mewling babes from the nursery, or debase yourself with livestock, if you must. So long as it does not lead inconvenience to my door, do as you please, with what you wish. But you will not do it here, nor anywhere else where you might turn gazes this way that would better remain focused elsewhere. The denizens of Gensokyo are off limits, as meddling would bring more than simple 'annoyance'. I am, to some degree, obligated to act in the defense of Hogwarts Castle and the students residing inside, so they, and all on the property, are categorically off limits."

"Bah. Your regulations prove ever more troublesome."

Your eyes flash, and you realize they are just on this side of glowing outright.

"You do not appreciate my generosity and lenience. Rest assured, I can make it significantly less pleasant for you." You almost hiss. "I will transfer your spirit back into an unfeeling golem, to the boredom of your hereafter, or into a chamberpot if the need arises."

"I would not agree to such a thing, and so you would not be able." Porphyrion affirms, though the giant appears to be worried, for the first point in the conversation.

"There are ways and means to get around the pesky matter of consent. All of them risky, and all of them difficult beyond measure, but raise my ire and I will perform every one of them, and you will discover that I do not fear the prospect of crushing and forcing an impudent gnat to my will. As I said, I will bind you to a chamberpot, and thence I will find the foulest and most wretched being I can locate, without concept of hygiene and disgustingly obese as can manage without dying. I will make this pathetic creature as close to immortal as can be managed through every means at my disposal and I will exhaustively train it until it understands the use of a chamber pot. I will exactingly calculate and regiment its diet, feeding it putrid concoctions designed for the sole purpose of causing its excretions to become ever more horrific and vile, such that you will begin to forget that there ever was a time when you were not coated with filth and surrounded by the stench. The pitiful creatures limbs will wither and its insides will rot and through it all I will not allow it to die for as long as it is used in your torment, and it will soon no longer be so much as capable as rising away from you in between the near-constant evacuation of-"

"Enough, Mistress!" Porphyrion cries out, the concerned worry having grown to outright disgusted horror through your steady expounding upon the sort of punishment you might imagine for the spirit's disobedience. "Forgive me, I need not hear more."

"Then you understand my kindness with allowing you this form, hear these simple restrictions, and will not trouble me by defying them." You state simply. "In any case, you will be delighted to know that it is commonly accepted these days that men can be violated by women, and not merely the reverse, and the punishment for those convicted of such offenses is generally quite harsh. As I said, I have no interest, and less than no interest, in what matters you might set yourself to when I do not require your presence, but you will keep in mind that I will not appreciate your leading trouble to my doorstep, I will not rescue you if you manage to get yourself in trouble, and you would be hard pressed indeed to convince me to craft another body for your use should this one be broken or lost."

"Yes, yes. I hear and obey." Porphyrion replied, over-dramatically.

"Very well. I will later be venturing Outside. If you are capable of controlling yourself while in places I deem such conduct forbidden, I will allow you to join the excursion, where you might find more suitable prey." You say, not mincing words. "Or partners, or what have you. For now, return to the mansion and clean yourself."

Porphyrion seems much more enthused with the prospect of amusements later, even if denied amusements now. The young fellow emits a strangled, distressed noise as Porphyrion hastily exits the area.

"But, you... I... You can't just have her leave me like this!" He complains.

As he does, he motions feverishly about, and then down towards his exposed nether regions, which in spite of the length of time required for your conversation are in point of fact still fully prepared to continue the activities you cut short.

"Two.... one more bounce... just one, and I'd have-"

"I hardly see what you expect me to do about that." You say, making your thorough disinterest as plain as you can manage with words alone and without engulfing him in a globe of frigid liquids until he passes out.

It's clearly nowhere near enough, as he doesn't seem to grasp it for the frosty dismissal it is.

"W-well..." he says, suddenly stammering and awkward as a girl confessing to her first romantic interest. "Maybe.. you could-"

"No." You cut off shortly.

"... That's fine, but maybe you could use-"

"No." You say again, uncaring what he hoped you might be using.

"Or maybe-"

"No."

He looks very put out by this point.

"Just... maybe just touch it? I was right on the brink, if you just-"

"You will find, boy, that you have a perfectly good set of hands attached to your own wrists. Touch yourself." You snap. "Or find a fairy or three to assist you, I have no doubt that they would be pleased to help you ease your distress."

"B-but..."

"Boy, you are not even a quarter of my age, you have no points of interest in my eyes, and so I have no intent of engaging in any manner of sexual contact with you. At any point."

.... The brat looks more distressed than simple rejection should have left him. It's possible you've just crushed some manner of small infatuation. All the better, if so, as you were nothing but honest in your assessment and dismissal of him, and it's best he get over that sort of nonsense quickly. He makes another wordless noise as you leave.

You ignore it, mind already turning away from the matter. There's nothing that can be held against you from interrupting the coupling, after all, and it's the boy's own fault if he takes you up on that advice and actually does seek out fairies, or attempts to cajole some other youkai into assistance. No blame would lie with you there, either.

The boy himself may bear some manner of small grudge for a while, but then you can hardly please everyone all of the time.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50768
[x] Return home, read something to pass the time. Maybe find a way to remove the language barrier for the golems, should you ever need them for an errand or else involving communication?
[x] Make some gems to get money for your errands later. Remember that you won't need as much as last time.
[x] Consider the pros and cons of having Koakuma chaperone Porphyrion if you actually let her out for her urges.

Well, not much else to do to pass time. Not that much time passed. And since there's no way Patchouli will have Porphyrion act near a place she intends to frequent, perhaps KOakuma need to watch over her?

Okay, right, she would join in with him but at least she would know what to do to not attract trouble or unwanted attention.
>> No. 50769
>you have no points of interest in my eyes, and so I have no intent of engaging in any manner of sexual contact with you

Farm Boy quest side thread where we attempt to find a rare book to get laid.
>> No. 50770
>>50769
I support this

Anything to keep us from going to Hogwarts
>> No. 50771
[X] Sleep the boy, add a small suggestion that it was all a very nice - if rather confusing - dream. Also that he should seek to better himself if he expects anyone to give a damn.

As we all know, plucky farmboys with dreams that go beyond their rustic little village are the principle source of Dark Lord defeating badasses/lucky shits.

[x] Return home, read something to pass the time. Maybe find a way to remove the language barrier for the golems, should you ever need them for an errand or else involving communication?
[x] Make some gems to get money for your errands later. Remember that you won't need as much as last time.
>> No. 50772
>"Boy, you are not even a quarter of my age, you have no points of interest in my eyes, and so I have no intent of engaging in any manner of sexual contact with you. At any point."
Subtle. Poor girl boy ancient spirit.
>> No. 50773
[X] Sleep the boy, add a small suggestion that it was all a very nice - if rather confusing - dream. Also that he should seek to better himself if he expects anyone to give a damn/touch his penis.

[x] Return home, read something to pass the time. Maybe find a way to remove the language barrier for the golems, should you ever need them for an errand or else involving communication?
[x] Make some gems to get money for your errands later. Remember that you won't need as much as last time.

sounds good.
>> No. 50775
[X] Sleep the boy, add a small suggestion that it was all a very nice - if rather confusing - dream. Also that he should seek to better himself if he expects anyone to give a damn/touch his penis.

[x] Return home, read something to pass the time. Maybe find a way to remove the language barrier for the golems, should you ever need them for an errand or else involving communication?
[x] Make some gems to get money for your errands later. Remember that you won't need as much as last time.

Let's avoid the Farm Boy Quest.
>> No. 50776
[x] Return home, read something to pass the time. Maybe find a way to remove the language barrier for the giants, should you ever need them for an errand or else involving communication?
[x] Make some gems to get money for your errands later. Remember that you won't need as much as last time.
[x] Consider the pros and cons of having Koakuma chaperone Porphyrion if you actually let her out for her urges.

Sleep the boy? No need, really.
>> No. 50777
[x] Sleep the boy, add a small suggestion that it was all a very nice - if rather confusing - dream. Also that he should seek to better himself if he expects anyone to give a damn/touch his penis.

[x] Return home, read something to pass the time. Maybe find a way to remove the language barrier for the golems, should you ever need them for an errand or else involving communication?
[x] Make some gems to get money for your errands later. Remember that you won't need as much as last time.
>> No. 50778
>>50769

I agree with this as well. While I highly doubt that there's any way for him to achieve his goal, it'd be fun to read. Not to mention rife with possible Bad Ends for him.
>> No. 50782
>>50778

He's a human in Gensokyou, therefore it's only a matter of time before he gets eaten by Rumia anyway. I say he should live a little.
>> No. 50783
[x] Sleep the boy, add a small suggestion that it was all a very nice - if rather confusing - dream. Also that he should seek to better himself if he expects anyone to give a damn/touch his penis.
[x] Return home, read something to pass the time. Maybe find a way to remove the language barrier for the golems, should you ever need them for an errand or else involving communication?
[x] Make some gems to get money for your errands later. Make enough gems that you could be completely out of wizard money, too sick to make gems, and still able to purchase a small but respectable library's worth of books.

If I may chime in, I would prefer not to have farmboy quest, but I would love to see him again at some point. Also that grumpy farmer, Kuvo I think. Humbly requesting that those two show up again.
>> No. 50788
File 132667256929.jpg - (723.78KB, 852x1200, f89fea1ab36a3acd0397b992d82468cf.jpg) [iqdb]
50788
Come to think of it you can, however, throw some doubt into the matter.

You loop quickly back around, and find the boy seems to have forgone taking matters into his own hands in favor of quickly dressing himself and grumbling. Doubtless he has thoroughly bought into some folk-tale about causing blindness or whatever nonsense gets spread about in an attempt to keep the youths from toying with themselves all day instead of doing whatever work is assigned to them. He has a sour look on his face.

But you make no noise as you float behind him, and with only a moment's nudge of magic he falls face-first to the ground. You aren't particularly practiced in magics that affect mental states or suggestibility, as golems and homunculi don't really have much in the way of 'mental states' and are by default prone to doing whatever their creators order of them. Humans are rather trickier.

What you can do, however, is arrange him in such a fashion that it looks as though he took a nap in an area he wouldn't be immediately noticed as slacking off from his work within. A few more simple adjustments increase the believability of the illusion, and you don't doubt that the boy himself won't be entirely sure whether or not it was all merely a dream. At this point, if directly questioned, you can deny any knowledge of these matters and it would come to his word against your own. Not an ideal state of events, but better having him uncertain of his word than convinced of things.

The possibility of his running across Porphyrion at some later date is a matter you will have to consider and deal with later. You can reduce this risk, of course, so it shouldn't be an enormous issue so long as you aren't foolish enough to send the ex-giant out on errands to and from the village.

That's really all that can be done, however, and you turn back to the mansion again, leaving properly. The boy will wake up on his own sometime soon, and possibly get in trouble for nodding off, depending on how long that takes. No longer any of your concern, in any case.

Your first matter is to quickly make some money. Or things that can be exchanged for currency, at the very least. You likely don't need too much to get what you're planning. You could make more, of course, but at some point you would simply be destroying an economy in the process. It's not your economy, of course, so you dan't actually care much about the effects of sudden and vast influxes of precious stones or metal, but it's something to consider. A reasonable handful of sapphires will do for now, though. You would just consider making the coins directly, of course, but you're sure that you've noticed there's some kind of magic on them, and you don't care to put in the effort of working out whatever enchantments or spells are present and replicating them in order to properly counterfeit the money when you can just throw shiny rocks at someone in exchange for perfectly legitimate currency.

The thought of sending Porphyrion off with Koakuma chaperoning crosses your mind. You aren't sure why. Either one of them seperately has the potential to cause problems enough, you don't doubt that both together would be capable of causing headaches greater than the sum of their parts. And with Koakuma involved, soul-devouring would be a valid concern for anyone unfortunately interesting enough to get their attention.

On the plus side, you doubt that victims would really be in any state to point investigations around. You'll have to keep that in mind, and in any case, if you allow such indulgences, be sure that they occur at least three or four countries away from anything you might find important.

The last matter you can think of is some means of translation from ancient Greek to languages spoken in the current era. After some meandering through your shelves and collecting of tomes, you are fairly sure that there's a way or two to promote mutual comprehension somewhere in the small stack of books.

Of course, by this time, it's probably far enough after dawn to expect shops in England to be open, and while you could solve this matter now, reading through all of these books would most likely eat up the rest of the day. It isn't as though you don't have time to deal with that... perhaps not tomorrow, but maybe the day after. Or you could deal with whatever matters you had planned to deal with today, tomorrow.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50790
[X] Task Porphyrion with discovering the secrets of Greek translation.
-[X] promise a nice reward if she is successful.
[X] Check on what's left of the dinosaur before you leave.
[X] Hit Japan and deactivate/reprogram the golem following the courtesan, as needed.
[X] Head to Alistair's.

loose ends everywhere.
>> No. 50791
[x] Send Marisa to explain about the portals to some of the power blocks we haven't gotten to yet, such as the Kappa and Moriya Shrine.
[x] You've thought of some more hat experiments. Send Koakuma to collect a family of M-types, preferably ill-mannered ones. The small M-types should be put somewhere out of the way and the parent M-type should be tested for a soul in a private location. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] Swing by Japan and see if that golem is following the courtesan around and stop it if they wish. Also drop Porphyrion off someplace in Australia.
-[x] Go to Alistair's, participate in meeting if needed, then go purchase the books you need. As always, keep an eye out for other useful books.

Updates always brighten my day.
>> No. 50793
>>50790
Doubt the guy/girl will be able to read a magic book, if he can read at all.

>>50791
Moriya? really? Chances are more likely that they'll try to spread faith there if they knew about it. Patchouli doesn't really know them anyway.

And... what experiments? We already have enough on our plate, expecially with the newborns arriving tonight (from Alice).

[x] Go Outside.
-[x] If you need to reprogram that golem you left, do so now. Consider changing clothes if so.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.

No need to add more that won't make it to the next update anyway.
>> No. 50794
File 132668310778.jpg - (68.00KB, 802x337, 491584d5afbf72e28c59d9e91b2f0ec3.jpg) [iqdb]
50794
>>50793
Well, I came across the attached picture and figured it was worth checking out with one being told its hat would fix itself, one told it wouldn't, and maybe also a control that wasn't told anything either way.

I can definitely see your point that we've got other stuff to do, but the collection would be done by Koa, and the current participants in the Great Hat Experiment are quite low maintenance.
>> No. 50795
>>50794
Seems good to me. No downsides.

[x] You've thought of some more hat experiments. Send Koakuma to collect a family of M-types, preferably ill-mannered ones. The small M-types should be put somewhere out of the way and the parent M-type should be tested for a soul in a private location. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] Hit Japan and deactivate/reprogram the golem following the courtesan, as needed.
-[x] Drop Porphyrion off someplace in Australia.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.

I feel like we should have Marisa doing something too, but I can't think of anything I like.
>> No. 50796
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] If you need to reprogram that golem you left, do so now. Consider changing clothes if so.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.

That sounds good. We'll see what else might be accomplished today later.
>> No. 50797
[x] You've thought of some more hat experiments. Send Koakuma to collect a family of M-types, preferably ill-mannered ones. The small M-types should be put somewhere out of the way and the parent M-type should be tested for a soul in a private location. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] Hit Japan and deactivate/reprogram the golem following the courtesan, as needed.
-[x] Drop Porphyrion off someplace in Australia.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.
>> No. 50801
[x] Have Koakuma test the parent M-type for a soul.
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] If you need to reprogram that golem you left, do so now. Consider changing clothes if so.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.
>> No. 50803
>>50801
There is no parent M-type. The leftovers from the bunch Meiling got was eaten by the Remilias and the one from the trio was fried by Marisa, remember?
>> No. 50805
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] If you need to reprogram that golem you left, do so now. Consider changing clothes if so.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.

Yeah, this.
>> No. 50811
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] Hit Japan and deactivate/reprogram the golem following the courtesan, as needed.
-[x] Drop Porphyrion off someplace to sate her needs/desires. Have Koakuma aid, and more importantly, guard her. Any reasonable complication, she is to report to you so you can take them back to Gensokyo.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.
>> No. 50817
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] If you need to reprogram that golem you left, do so now. Consider changing clothes if so.
-[x] Drop Porphyrion off someplace to sate her needs/desires. Have Koakuma aid, and more importantly, guard her. Any reasonable complication, she is to report to you so you can take them back to Gensokyo.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.

Let's not forget about our lovely lusty giant.
>> No. 50818
[x] You've thought of some more hat experiments. Send Koakuma to collect a family of M-types, preferably ill-mannered ones. The small M-types should be put somewhere out of the way and the parent M-type should be tested for a soul in a private location. Any other notable yukkuri that are part of the family might as well be collected too.
-[x] Make a note to borrow Marisa's hat to check if there are any differences, such as an inscription or hat part on the hidden inside of the hats.
[x] Go Outside.
-[x] Hit Japan and deactivate/reprogram the golem following the courtesan, as needed.
-[x] Drop Porphyrion off someplace in Australia.
-[x] Go at the bank to change your gems first, then see if Alistair received your note for tomorrow. Ask if he has suitable tea while you're at it.
-[x] Do your shopping. Get tea too if Alistair is lacking in that part while you're at it.

I know nothing about hat terminology.
>> No. 50824
File 132693362212.jpg - (125.10KB, 606x480, interiorish.jpg) [iqdb]
50824
Well, come to think of it, you've thought of another experiment or two to run. But of course, you're lacking in subjects. You need more victims specimens.

Your first inclination is to make Koa collect them, but at the same time you want her keeping a watchful eye on Porphyrion, and she can't do that if she's fishing things out of holes across the countryside.

On the other hand, you've just secured the personal service of some number of fairy maids. Might as well get your money's worth out of them right away. You can send them out to secure more specimens for your tests, and then be free to deposit Koa and Porphyrion in.... you take a moment to consider. Somewhere unimportant. Somewhere where it doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of things, what they get up to. Australia, maybe? The name of the continent makes you think of grass-skirted savages and convicts shipped off because they weren't quite worth executing. No doubt the cultural climate has changed a little, at least, but you can't think of anything you might want to do or collect there. Probably a safe bet, then.

In any case, the maids should also pick up any notable species.... hm, come to think of it, you had half forgotten about that one Marisa had mentioned the shopkeeper was keeping. He intends to simply dispose of it at some point, as you recall...well, you could think of something to do with it, and it could serve as a control group in some regard if nothing more, but it's not any immediately urgent matter. With the maids handling that, Koa would be freed up to chaperone, if that word could possibly be used to describe the situation, Porphyrion.

You do intend to have her look at the potential soul, or fascimile, that may be present in one of the captured specimens at some point, provided it doesn't slip your mind. It isn't an urgent matter, however, and you've never had the inclination to deeply study how those particular abilities work. You are aware that she can enact a theft during coitus, but you've never bothered to ask if such is required merely to poke at or tamper with a soul or whatever most closely might fit the bill. For that matter, you aren't entirely sure whether she would be willing to enact such an experiment on one of the specimens, if it is. Though, admittedly, you aren't certain that she would reject the thought out of hand, either. You haven't pried too deeply into your servants proclivities, after all. Well, if it comes down to it, and you find that your curiosity must be sated... then that is what coercion is for, you suppose. Koakuma is not, strictly speaking, required to like every duty you send her way. In many cases, that is entirely the point.

But never mind that. You take a moment to consider a change of clothing, then dismiss the thought. No real point to doing so, at this point. You don't have any meetings planned with anyone important, after all, and this won't exactly be the sort of group outing you need to bother dressing up for. Your current attire will be more than suitable.

Porphyrion seems like an agitated puppy, with the eagerness over the prospect of going 'out', and you drag Koa away from her own matters to set her up as the ex-giant's watchdog before actually passing through to your tower. It only takes a few moments after that to prepare a way to.... well, you aren't entirely sure where, actually. Australia, certainly, and one of the higher population centers. You aren't sure of other details. You won't have any problems collecting them, however, when you need to. Once they're happily out of the way, you turn towards other concerns.

That golem is probably following the courtesan everywhere she goes, including outside of her place of residence. You wouldn't care, except that floating stone dragons probably aren't what would be considered 'commonplace' Outside. Which means that the courtesan would be unable to venture into public, and have no choice but to remain indoors, wherever she resides. You are given to understand that humans generally do not consider this an ideal situation.

You can't imagine why, and still don't really care about the woman's little difficulties, but probably better to fix that little snag in the golem's instructions now, in case Tewi insists on visiting later, opening you up to attempts to force you to rework the golem then, instead. Which would leave you with the two unappetizing choices of appearing to bow to their demands, in short being forced to perform your craft against your will, or to refuse and raise tensions all around.

No, better to deal with the matter now.

The courtesan is clad in a significantly abbreviated robe, small cup of wine mid-way to her mouth, as you enter, and her guest seems rather startled at your appearance. You might have bothered to glance through the golem's senses first, come to think of it. No matter. He is clearly a member of Hideo's organization, and you believe you dimly recognize the face. Therefore there is no issue to be concerned with.

You ignore their meeting as you float over towards the dragon, seated in a corner, and begin prodding and working at it with your magic, mumbling refined orders as you tweak little things here and there.

"Pardon, lady sorceror-"

"Yes, yes, a moment and I'll be gone. Don't interrupt me." You say irritably, grip having loosened slightly on one of the tenuous threads of magic binding the whole construct together. One or two more... and there. "Very good. That loose end is neatly tied up, now: the golem should remain in concealment in your home whenever you leave it, and otherwise act as before."

"One would normally consider 'tying up a loose end' to be removal, or deactivation, of such a thing rather than improving its ease of use." The woman notes, eyebrow gracefully arched.

"Bah. As though I care what you do with it as long as it isn't floating about and sending the peasantry into a riotous stampede." You say, waving a hand dismissively. "Now, if you will pardon me, I have a number of matters to deal with at the moment."

"Of course, lady sorc-" The courtesan says, though you don't bother to remain to hear the whole thing.

What else was there... ah, yes. First, money. For which you need to go to the bank. Which is, by this point, just over there. The goblinoid teller makes a point of sneering and scowling darkly as it inspects your offering of gems, suspicion written over every bit of its face. It finds nothing amiss, of course, and at length exchanges them for golden currency. That will be more than sufficient.

When you arrive at Alistair's home, he is elbows deep in dirt, making the most awkward and barely-effective attempt at garden-tending as you have ever seen. All other things accounted for, the garden is doing well enough, but it's clear that the werewolf barely has the slightest idea what he is doing, and is doing roughly as much harm as good with his efforts. You cough loudly, and he glances up, not seeming to have realized you were there.

Then he stumbles to his feet, knocking dirt off of his gloves and onto his pants. He starts to offer a handshake, realizes the state of his arms in mid-motion, and quickly aborts the attempt.

"I, uh.... I'm afraid I wasn't expecting company." He says awkwardly, wiping dirt from his arms.

"Clearly." You say, pointedly. "I can only hope that you will be more prepared for the meeting tomorrow?"

"The... pardon?" Alistair says, blinking. "I'm... not sure to what you're referring..."

"Merely that I recieved a notice from Albus that, after considering my request, Remus Lupin would indeed be most pleased to meet and hold a conversation with me. Here." You say, arching an eyebrow.

"Is that the case..." Alistair says, something rumbling deep in his chest before he sighs and shakes his head. "And I suppose that it never occured to the man that I might not be prepared to entertain guests. Or that another of my kind might not be welcome here."

"One would have thought that Lupin himself would have brought such matters up." You point out.

"One would." Alistair grumbles. "Although Remus.... one would have to look very hard indeed to find a werewolf any less of an Alpha than he is. A follower, through and through, and outright devoted to Dumbledore. If the man says 'this will be so', then... well, he might have concerns, but he's certainly not going to bring them up, or question his leader's decision."

"I may misremember, but I believe Albus mentioned that the two of you were acquainted..." You note.

"And the man does not pause to consider that just because you know a man enough to nod at him in the hallway, doesn't mean that you will be immediately willing to take him into your own home and lay out a meal on your finest china." Alistair says in response, sighing. "Unlike what popular opinion would hold, not all of us run through the woods in packs of furry brethren. Most of those who do are the sort who are happy with their condition, and enjoy their state, and are a serious danger to all they encounter. Those who find their lycanthropy less than ideal, however... well, we don't tend to get along."

"If Lupin gives legitimate offense, I would be willing to go so far as to impale him upon silver." You offer, trying to both move things along and reassure your hired-hand.

".... That doesn't exactly come off as comforting." Alistair replies. "I suppose it doesn't matter much in the long run, though. You've come to take a look at the state of things, I suppose, before this meeting occurs?"

"In fact, I came because I may have need of a porter today, as I have some purchases to make." You correct. "While I am here, however, it would seem the logical thing to do. I must inspect your tea stocks, in any case."

"Yes, yes. Come in, then. You'll have to excuse the, uh..." Alistair mumbles, as he leads you inside. "The mansion. In general. As I said before, I no longer have the services of a house elf available, and it's really all that can be done to keep the kitchen and a bedroom in a livable state, with everything else to consider... And of course, a cell."

You frown at the heavy curtains of dust and cobwebs draped over the general interior, then turn aside from it. The kitchen, by contrast is... at the very least, adequate, though it barely stocks what would be considered enough to prepare a single meal, and most of the dishes which are not regularly used prove to themselves be slightly dusty as well. But ignoring such unimportant things, the small and nearly empty bin of dried tea leaves is positively depressing. Not at all suitable. Clearly, something will have to be done.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50825
[x] Add tea to mental shopping list or use wood magic to make not-shitty tea.
[x] The fact that there are unsold plates suggests other things remain unsold. Inspect library for noteworthy books and purchase them.
[x] Go on a bookstore crawl in Diagon Alley.
>> No. 50827
I'll add something

[x] Add tea to mental shopping list or use wood magic to make not-shitty tea.
[x] The fact that there are unsold plates suggests other things remain unsold. Inspect library for noteworthy books and purchase them.
[x] Go on a bookstore crawl in Diagon Alley.
[x] The goblins may start asking annoying questions if you keep showing up with jewels to trade for money. Ask Alistair for the others locations he had in mind back then so you can trade your jewels without trouble in the future.
>> No. 50828
Have the maids been sent to capture yukkuri? If not, then:

[x] Have your maids clean the place and get it ready. Maybe even prepare a meal for tomorrow.

If they are away, then
[x] Summon them back, important business have priority over personal curiosity.
>> No. 50831
>>50828
They've been sent and dust can remain: if anything, it gives us a chance to point out that if one intend to have a meeting at someone else's house, the owner of said house should be advised of it. And then ask why Lupin's or Dumbledore's house couldn't do in the first place, or even the school.

Also, fairies. Kindly remember how competent they are currently and how they will be not under Sakuya's watch.
>> No. 50834
>Kindly remember how competent they are currently and how they will be not under Sakuya's watch.

Blatant fairy racism. You should be ashamed of yourself.
>> No. 50836
[x]Make a mental note to have some of the fairy maids and Koa come and clean the place up, once they're done with their respective diversions.
[x]Though if there's anything you can do that's quick and low effort, go nuts.
[x]Get tea. Good tea.
[x]Go on a bookstore crawl. Keep an eye out for books on remedial gardening while looking for the usual stuff.
[x]Other places to dump gems might come in handy in the future, if the goblins start asking awkward questions, or if you need to keep a low profile for some reason. Ask Alistair.
>> No. 50837
[x]Make a mental note to have some of the fairy maids and Koa come and clean the place up, once they're done with their respective diversions.
[x]Though if there's anything you can do that's quick and low effort, go nuts.
[x]Get tea. Good tea.
[x]Go on a bookstore crawl. Keep an eye out for books on remedial gardening while looking for the usual stuff.

Why the heck would the goblins start asking awkward questions when there're making a profit? As long as they are real gems, I don't see a problem.
>> No. 50840
>>50837
Because they seems suspicious and anyone remotely smart would start to wonder where do we get those gems and why we keep turning them in for money.

[x] Add tea to mental shopping list or use wood magic to make not-shitty tea.
[x] The fact that there are unsold plates suggests other things remain unsold. Inspect library for noteworthy books and purchase them.
[x] Go on a bookstore crawl in Diagon Alley.
[x]Other places to dump gems might come in handy in the future, if the goblins start asking awkward questions, or if you need to keep a low profile for some reason. Ask Alistair.
>> No. 50841
[x]Summon slaves... I mean Fairy Maids.
>> No. 50851
[x] Add tea to mental shopping list or use wood magic to make not-shitty tea.
[x] The fact that there are unsold plates suggests other things remain unsold. Inspect library for noteworthy books and purchase them.
[x] Go on a bookstore crawl in Diagon Alley.

I'd like to see Marissa's reaction to quidditch when the time comes.
>> No. 50855
>>50851
Only students can play on the house teams but trying to get Marisa enrolled has it's benefits. For one she'd be out of our hair and library defense would be sorted as she's too busy to invade, it would also be more entertainment for gap-o-vision. On the other hand we don't want her learning more ways to invade our library later and if we do it openly we may accidentally lead her on more though having more people to interact with she may find love elsewhere.

And then there's the matter of what year to put her in but that may be more Dumbledores problem. She has no official education but putting her in with the first years is like putting a kraken in with goldfish.

If we decide to allow it we should just let her in for some errands (maybe on teacher timetable day) and see if she asks to join on her own violation after a tour. Otherwise make jabs to it being something all outside witches do and wait for her to take the bait then tell her ask Dumbledore while feigning indifference.
>> No. 50857
>>50855
Isn't Marisa in her early 20s or something? Regardless, her reaction to quidditch won't be "WANNAPLAYWANNAPLYAWANNAPLAY", it'd be "Do I really have to sit here and watch this? It's a total snooze-fest! It's a bunch of kids clumsily flying around and those bludger things couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! And there's only TWO of them! Where's the danmaku? The grazing? The spellcards? If this were any more boring I'd fall into a coma! ARGH!"
>> No. 50861
>>50855
Marisa already said quite clearly that she now learns magic from no one but herself. That idea sank a long time ago, so forget it.
>> No. 50864
>>50857

Eh, she always struck me as the "I'll try anything once" type. Maybe critiquing flying lessons would be more up her alley?
>> No. 50870
hah that would be fairly interesting.

"You call that flying? I'll show you flying!) then she somehow rounds up the fairy maids and they shoot at her while she scores goals.
>> No. 50871
Grazing Bludgers 101
>> No. 50872
[x] Buy supplies needed to entertain guests (food, tea, etc.)
[x] Perhaps you could buy the services of one of the lands indigenous servants (aka house elves). It's not as if you are lacking in currency, and Alistair looks poorly suited for house keeping.
[x] Go shopping for things we came here for.
>> No. 50884
File 13273768178.jpg - (113.51KB, 800x609, lucius.jpg) [iqdb]
50884
While there are un-pawned pieces of dinnerware and cutlery, you much suspect that this is mostly due to the fact that very few pawn shops would consider purchasing them, as they are dingy and heavily dented and battered slabs of cheap tin, as far as you can tell, and certainly if they are not worth 'nothing', they are close enough as to hardly make any difference.

In light of this, you do not think that there would likely be anything of note remaining within Alistair's libraries, if indeed anything remains at all save dust and cobwebs. No harm in checking, of course, but subtlety would probably be better than simply charging unrestrained into a room that could well be empty.

Although there is no simple way of contacting your current fae retinue and collecting them at this distance and through the barrier, without an otherwise pointless trip back and here again or puncturing it and possibly raising the fox's ire when you have a perfectly good portal already.... there is not really any reason to simply leave the manor as a whole in this state, when you will be meeting with guests here, soon. And to some degree, the state of your minion's quarters could be considered to reflect upon you, and in this case, quite poorly.

You repurpose the material of a fallen and broken statue depicting some knightly warrior or other in heated battle with a grotesquely obese caricature of some manner of giant or ogre into a handful of stone golems, and supply them with wooden instruments close enough to small brooms to suit the purpose, then send them out into the mansion at large in an effort to tame the level of neglect to an acceptable point. They won't be able to do everything, of course. But you can send Koakuma and perhaps two or three of the more vaguely competent of the housekeeping-staff in to deal with the rest later.

"Are those... doing what I think?" Alistair asks, disconcertedly.

"The current environs are unacceptable. Even caught off guard by the counter-request and state of disrepair, it will not do." You say simply. "In any case, I require books. And tea. Good tea, mind you."

"I suppose Tom might-"

"His brew is acceptable, when served alongside inexpensive ale and other such lower-quality beverages. I specified good." you interrupt.

"Well, suppose you've got a bit of a point there. It's your purchase, and all." Alistair concurs, after a moment of thought.

"Come, then." You say, piercing an opening between here and the shopping areas with your wand, and leading Alistair through without pausing. You're beginning to tire somewhat, after all, and it seems to be affecting your temper a little. In any case, locating and collecting the Standardized Spellbooks is of no issue, though the designation is still like something of an odd joke to you, preparing magical textbooks with a level of ease of use designed specifically for the student's convenience and comfort. Though you suppose that they have to cater to the lowest common denominator here, with outstanding cases seeming so very few and far between. But you simply have to demand the full set at the counter, and you leave shortly afterwards, less gold in your pockets and Alistair hauling the box of books behind you.

The matter of locating even a half-decent cup of tea, however, is rather less simple and clear-cut. At some point, you would consider calling the whole thing a wash and attempting to manufacture tea-leaves yourself, but... it's rather a trickier matter. Even though one would think it, the plant life of 'wood' does not perfectly equate to 'peppers' or 'tea leaves'. You can create a semblance of them, certainly enough, but there is generally something... lacking. Or simply outright wrong. It isn't impossible, of course, but getting all of the flavors and textures exactly right is.... well, you could probably create leaves for the most spectacular tea in the world, which would make someone weep to taste it. Given a month or two of concerted effort. Mere acceptability might only take a week or so. With the meeting scheduled for tomorrow, this simply isn't a practical option.

Until then, you are left dealing with buffoons.

"This is swill." You state simply, pouring a sample cup out and into a potted plant that is thankfully there for the purpose, and spares the floor from being muddied by the hot leaf juice. You do feel slightly sorry for the plant, however.

"S-swi....? You, I'll have you know that that is the finest tea available for general purchase this side of Scotland!" The red-faced proprietor insists.

"Then it seems that all the tea available for common purchase is swill." You reiterate. "And while yours may potentially be the least wretched of the lot, I hardly think that to be a point to take pride in."

"Why... I have never been so insulted!" The man blusters, as Alistair sighs and rubs at his temple. "And in my own shop, no less!"

"One would think, sir, that you would be quite used to insults, and even vulgarity, from the manner of plebian farmhands that would accept having this disgraceful slop pushed onto them." You point out, cuttingly, and the man steps back as though you had slapped him in the face. "Though in your vexation you have betrayed yourself. For 'general' purchase does, after all, strongly imply that there is a more superior level of quality available to those not of the common population."

The man wheezes through grit teeth.

"And I assure you, sir, I will not sit idly by and accept being sold cheap garbage." You continue, voice warning. "I advise you bring out the good tea, now."

"Bah. You'll find that that only gets sold with approval, woman, and fat chance of a sharp tongued witch such as yourself-"

"Mister Jenkins." A smooth voice came from off to the side, near the door, where neither you or, apparently, the proprietor heard an entry through your argument. His vace slowly resumes normal coloration, though his appearance is now very formal and stiff. "Do my ears decieve me? Or do I, perhaps, hear you suggesting... that you are capable of deciding in my place, who I do an do not approve of?"

"Not at all, sir. A mere slip of the tongue, and I did not at all mean to imply such a thing. Merely that the... young woman before me might be best served in keeping a civil tongue herself, when she petitions you, Mister Malfoy, sir."

"See that you keep that in mind." Malfoy said, stepping into view. Certainly an aristocratic looking sort of fellow, with deliberately long hair, as though flaunting that he could afford to take the time to attend to it and keep it in order, and a somewhat pinched face.

He takes a moment to glance down his nose at you, and you take the moment to size him up as though he were a rat that had slipped into your library, and in the same breath dismissed his worth just as easily. Somehow, this seems to meet with a very slight smirk of interest.

"Alistair." He says, with the same sort of tone someone would use to address a particularly noteworthy insect which had crawled somewhere it was not generally expected. "It has been some time. I do hope you have been well." He finished, tone implying that, at very best, he hadn't so much as thought of the werewolf in any sense worth recalling.

"Lucius. Always a pleasure." Alistair said, in a tone that, while polite, strongly suggested it was anything but.

"I see you have not yet sorted out your little matters of... well." Lucius continued, arching an eyebrow.

"It does prove difficult, with current legislations set as they are."

"Oh, there is none more aware than I that the current administration is prone to its... failings." Lucius agreed silkily.

"I would think that certain failings might be considered a blessing for some people." Alistair muses aloud. "Ah... though as I recall, word on the street has it that you've somewhat got a hold on the minister's ear."

"That would not be an incorrect summation." Lucius agreed. "Sadly, however, having the minister's ear is nothing like the sort of overall control of the government that people would so happily believe. Else I would naturally be able to extend certain... suggestions, as to amendments in certain legal restrictions..." he finished, with a slight sense of leading the conversation.

"I'm sure. Would that things were so simple." Alistair said flatly, politely shutting down whatever subtle suggestions had been made.

Lucius arches his eyebrow again, but declines to comment, letting matters sit as he turns to you.

"And you, I believe... would be the new Defense instructor, if I am not mistaken?" He muses aloud.

"I was not aware that news of my position had become widespread." You answer.

"Oh, I can assure you, it has not." He replies. "However, as a member of the Hogwarts Board of Governors, I have something of a unique insight upon certain matters.... and, as my son is currently enrolled, I harbor something of a specific interest in matters of staffing." He drawls. "Perhaps we should discuss these matters elsewhere.... perhaps over a rather more refined blend than is offered presently?"

Ah. That's his game, then.

"You will find, Lucius, that there is not sufficient fiscal leverage in all of Britain to purchase a grade from me which has not been earned." You respond dryly, cutting through the diplomatic fluff, for the moment, to be sure this is made clear.

"Perish the thought, madame." Lucius says, affecting an air as though that had not been anything like his intent. "You wound me. I simply wish to discuss scholarly matters with one of my son's instructors, over tea at my estate."

The man reminds you a great deal of Remi. Unfortunately, not properly broken-in, yet. You have two options, now, as you see it. Accept the invitation, or decline. For the first part, you would be venturing alone, or nearly alone, into what was at very best the domain of a neutral party, and potentially an enemy. For the second part, if you decline, it could easily be taken as an insult and almost certainly make an enemy of the man, to some degree. Care would have to be taken, either way.

But, on the plus side, you might actually be able to acquire suitable tea if you accept the offer. Despite the likelihood of Politics coming into play.

---

[ ] Do you accept or decline, and what do you do thereafter?
>> No. 50885
[x] Accept.
>> No. 50886
File 132737967578.jpg - (83.60KB, 563x610, Lucius_Malfoy_by_yukipon.jpg) [iqdb]
50886
[x] Accept if it doesn't cut into Patchy's busy schedule.
>> No. 50887
[x] Accept.

No need to end up picking sides by default in the coming conflict by antagonizing the man. Besides, tea!
>> No. 50889
[X] Accept.

We need someone to discuss suitable bribes with anyway, and Alistair is a werewolf, so he obviously can't be trusted.
>> No. 50890
[x] Accept, but ask that it be in a few hours as you're currently shopping.
[x] Locate any other books that could conceivably be useful in teaching or would be good to have in your library and obtain them through exchange of currency. Also get any magical reagents that may be easier to acquire here, and some unicorn horn if you don't already have some.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
[x] Create some unobtrusive defenses just in case something goes wrong at the Malfoy Manor.
-[x] Ring that turns into a miniature hummingbird that flies for help.
-[x] Necklace that unfolds into a sheet of metal and can either leap on some guy's face or shield you from spells.
-[x] Inconspicuous system to detect or neutralize unwanted additions to food with unicorn horn, or failing that, a bracelet whose job it is to keep an eye on Lucius's hands and tighten slightly to alert you if he puts anything in your food.
-[x] Any mental shielding we are able to put up.
[x] If time permits, check on the two yukkuri under Meiling's care and observe their reactions, if any, to an unexpected pregnancy.
>> No. 50891
[x] Accept, but ask that it be in a few hours as you're currently shopping.
[x] Locate any other books that could conceivably be useful in teaching or would be good to have in your library and obtain them through exchange of currency. Also get any magical reagents that may be easier to acquire here, and some unicorn horn if you don't already have some.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
[x] Create some unobtrusive defenses just in case something goes wrong at the Malfoy Manor.
-[x] Subvotes in >>50890
[x] If time permits, check on the two yukkuri under Meiling's care and observe their reactions, if any, to an unexpected pregnancy.

For paranoia and science.
>> No. 50893
[x] Accept, but ask that it be in a few hours as you're currently shopping.

Ugh, politics
>> No. 50894
[x] Accept
-[x] Send Alistair to get whatever else we need.
>> No. 50895
>>50890

I can sleep easy knowing that Conspiracy Anon is on our side.
>> No. 50896
[x] Accept.
>> No. 50897
[x]Accept, while preparing both subtle defences and a way around common "anti-teleport" spells.
-[x] Teleport there yourself if at all possible rarther then letting him teleport you.
>> No. 50898
[x]Accept, but note that you'd like to get the books you've purchased sorted out first.
[x]Drop the books off, get the dirt on Malfoy from Alistair
[x]Prepare a few subtle defenses, nothing that would be detected unless someone was specifically looking for them.
-[x]Any protections against mind-influencing effects you might have would be a good start.
-[x]Wards against poisons would be handy as well
[x]Head on over.
>> No. 50900
[x] Accept.

Guys, chill. Patchy can take care of herself if needed.
>> No. 50907
[X] Decline. Leave politicks and scheming to Remilia or gap hag.
Let Lucius chew on his overbloated ego as much as he wants, don't bother with him it's not like he matters anything in overall picture...
>> No. 50908
Ah, Luscious...

[x] Accept
- [x] Send Alistair to get whatever else we need.

Just this.
>> No. 50911
[x] Accept.
-[x] Send Alistair to get whatever else we need.

We can check on the yukkuri later.
>> No. 50913
Patchouli is apprehensive about this meeting for some reason, so we may as well go in more prepared than we currently are.

Besides, what are we going to have Alistair do, fly our stuff all the way to Hogwarts on broomstick, fight the golems around our tower, and drop them off in the tower basement?

[x] Accept, but ask that it be in a few hours as you're currently shopping.
[x] Locate any other books that could conceivably be useful in teaching or would be good to have in your library and obtain them through exchange of currency. Also get any magical reagents that may be easier to acquire here, and maybe some unicorn horn if you don't already have some.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
[x] This Lucius reminds you quite a bit of Remilia. Remind self what 'advance preparations' might be useful if she decides she wishes to drink your blood.
[x] Create some unobtrusive defenses just in case something goes wrong at the Malfoy Manor.
-[x] Ring that turns into a miniature winged snake that flies for help.
-[x] Necklace that unfolds into a sheet of metal and can either leap on some guy's face or shield you from spells.
-[x] Any defense against unwanted additions to our food we can muster.
-[x] Any mental shielding we are able to put up.
[x] If time permits, check on the two yukkuri under Meiling's care and observe their reactions, if any, to an unexpected pregnancy.

Also, why make a hummingbird ring when you can make a winged snake ring? Metal as fuck.
>> No. 50916
[X] Accept
>> No. 50921
[X] Accept

I can't think of anything else to specify. The paranoia option seems way over the top and too meta for me.
I could actually see her liking, or at least not particularly disliking, Lucius.
>> No. 50922
>>50921
While I can see your point of view, I personally do not think paranoia option is over the top or meta.

Patchy, despite presumably being able to portal out at the first sign of trouble, feels unease at "venturing alone, or nearly alone, into what was at very best the domain of a neutral party, and potentially an enemy". This implies that she'd be happier if we went in with some defenses, and besides our (admittedly vast) magical talent, we have none.

As for it being over the top, I actually think it's downright inconspicuous. Over the top, in my opinion, would be something like making a suit of steel power armor to move around in.
>> No. 50923
File 132747056468.jpg - (86.55KB, 713x900, mech.jpg) [iqdb]
50923
>>50922

But mecha patchouli is canon.
>> No. 50926
>>50922
Calm down. What reason would Lucius have to attack Patchouli just after meeting her? Remember Dumbledore had to talk with the board about her salary, so he can't think Patchouli accepted to work for Albus for generosity or the goodness of her heart. And since Voldie is still in hiding, he's not going to make an 'offer' about that so soon. It's most likely he want to learn more about her before making a move.
>> No. 50929
Lucius, in all likelihood, is only going to (attempt to) feel out her loyalties and motives, as well as maybe dropping a few hints that she should "carefully consider" which side she cozies up to in the future. Also, he does care about his son's education, so he might make a few inquiries along those lines as well.

If she gets the time to finish her shopping, or at least drop her stuff off, Alistair would probably warn her of Lucius' connection to Voldemort, and I could see her making a few minor precautions (low profile wards against mind/poison stuff). Anything beyond that strikes me as overkill.
>> No. 50933
We can as Dumbledore droped on us/Alistair a 'tea party' with Lupin at mansion unnanounced. play the same game and invite Lucius.
There is also posible that he himself will decline then or withdraw his proposition or move it at later more convinient for us time.
>> No. 50935
>>50933
>We can as Dumbledore droped on us/Alistair a 'tea party' with Lupin at mansion unnanounced.

Uhhh, what are you trying to say here? You post is a mess.
>> No. 50937
>>50933
>>50935
He's saying to secretly invite lucius to the tea party/whatever it is that we are having with dumbledore and lupin, without telling either parties of each other.
>> No. 50938
I don't know about everyone else, but i'm pretty sure we're going in it just for some decent tea. Politics an unfortunate side effect.
>> No. 50939
[x] Accept, but ask that it be in a few hours as you're currently shopping.
[x] Locate any other books that could conceivably be useful in teaching or would be good to have in your library and obtain them through exchange of currency. Also get any magical reagents that may be easier to acquire here, and maybe some unicorn horn if you don't already have some.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
[x] This Lucius reminds you quite a bit of Remilia. Remind self what 'advance preparations' might be useful if she decides she wishes to drink your blood.
[x] At the earliest available opportunity, create some unobtrusive defenses just in case something goes wrong when you're sick.
-[x] Ring that turns into a miniature winged snake that flies for help.
-[x] Necklace that unfolds into a sheet of metal and can either leap on some guy's face or shield you from spells.
-[x] Any defense against unwanted additions to our food we can muster.
-[x] Any mental shielding we are able to put up.
[x] If time permits, check on the two yukkuri under Meiling's care and observe their reactions, if any, to an unexpected pregnancy.

Guys, it's not like the stuff we make is going to fade away once we're out of the mansion. It'll stay, and be useful.
>> No. 50941
>>50933
We can as Anonymous postted on us/THP a 'post' with sense at thread unadded. play the same game and be confusing.
There is also posible that he himself will learn grammar then or delete his post or repost it at later less confusing for us way.
>> No. 50942
>>50941
Considering both your post and the one you quoted are both gramatically challenged, I'm going to call you out as the same guy for both posts.

Also, screw that game. Patchouli doesn't need to sink to that level.
>> No. 50943
>>50942
Wow, I honestly didn't think anyone would fail to get it.

You got that both posts were supposed to be similar, at least, but I think you may have missed something. If you need a hint, try comparing the two.
>> No. 50945
...What the hell was I on when I read that then wrote >>50942? Sorry about it. My brain must have farted.
>> No. 50946
>>50945
Quite alright.

On another subject entirely, I suggest that at some point in the future, we develop a full set of elemental modifications to golems. We've already got Sun in our laser eyes, and stone skin could conceivably count for Earth.
>> No. 50948
>>50946 here, thought of some more stuff.

Earth might also be Earth Glide (http://tinyurl.com/EarthGlide), assuming we can do that. Water could be a high-pressure stream of water they spit out, and wood could be the ability to disguise themselves as greenery by growing temporary branches or leaves. Fire would be the ability to wreathe its body in flame. Metal would be covered by metal fangs, claws, swords, and so on, though I have some interesting ideas if electricity is part of Metal.

Moon, I have no fucking clue. The best I can think of is some sort of sleep infliction, but I don't know if golems would be able to shape the lunar energies well enough to put someone to sleep. Or at all, for that matter.
>> No. 50950
>>50948
Moon? Silence Aura, though you'd want a way to turn it on and off. Limited applications, but when it works it works.
>> No. 50951
I was thinking of a more personalized stealth aura. Nothing does scary than a giant golem of death that's able to sneak up on you.
>> No. 50955
[x] Accept, but ask that it be in a few hours as you're currently shopping.
[x] Locate any other books that could conceivably be useful in teaching or would be good to have in your library and obtain them through exchange of currency. Also get any magical reagents that may be easier to acquire here, and maybe some unicorn horn if you don't already have some.
[x] Return to library, ward all new books.
[x] This Lucius reminds you quite a bit of Remilia. Remind self what 'advance preparations' might be useful if she decides she wishes to drink your blood.
[x] At the earliest available opportunity, create some unobtrusive defenses just in case something goes wrong when you're sick.
-[x] Ring that turns into a miniature winged snake that flies for help.
-[x] Necklace that unfolds into a sheet of metal and can either leap on some guy's face or shield you from spells.
-[x] Any defense against unwanted additions to our food we can muster.
-[x] Any mental shielding we are able to put up.
[x] If time permits, check on the two yukkuri under Meiling's care and observe their reactions, if any, to an unexpected pregnancy.

I guess this works. Books are important and we must get as many of them as we can as quickly as possible. Next comes protecting our person even in times of low health.
>> No. 50956
>>50951
I was thinking that golems would already move pretty silently, since they technically don't have any clothes or fur to rustle when they move, but the golems we made and eventually had track down Yamame were described as being clanking, so it's quite possible it's a worthwhile addition. Hopefully we'll get a Koa's Korner on the noise levels of golems or what exactly Moon does besides sleep and silence.
>> No. 50957
What I want myself in the Korner is the damn information on timezones. It's definitely going to affect Patchouli's sleep schedule and thus her health: why the hell hasn't there been a word in the story yet about it Kahi?
>> No. 50958
File 132764173119.jpg - (26.44KB, 347x201, you.jpg) [iqdb]
50958
>>50957

And, once again, this guy shows up.
>> No. 50959
>>50958
Hey, it's not pointless! Did you ever have to change your sleeping schedule? Because let me tell you: it's hell on the body and mind until you get used to it.
>> No. 50962
>>50958
To be fair, it is a valid concern, whether or not he may be making too big a deal of it.
>> No. 50963
>>50955
She's been sharing a mansion with a very powerful vampire who occasionally tries to drink her blood for something like a hundred years without Bond gadgets and now she's gearing up to defend herself against a gaggle of ignorant hedge wizards.
It just seems completely out of character to me.
>> No. 50964
>>50959

Yes, it is pointless. If it hasn't shown up yet, is because it doesn't affect Patchy at all. So please, drop the issue.
>> No. 50965
>>50959

Yes, it is pointless. If it hasn't shown up yet, then it doesn't affect Patchy at all. So please, drop the issue.
>> No. 50966
>>50964
Should I point out the giant hole in logic you are ignoring with this kind of thinking?
>> No. 50967
>>50963
To be honest, that feels out of character for me as well. However, not that she'd start making insurances for when her health is low, but that she hasn't already.
>> No. 50968
>>50959

You do realise that on more that one occasion, Patchouli has made use of the lunar elements to induce sleep?

Somehow I doubt her sleep schedule is going to be a problem.
>> No. 50971
>>50968
That could work. But the problem here is that she may as well put on a gift ribbon and give herself to Remilia if she do so.
>> No. 50974
>>50971
There are certain boundaries it seems in regards to Remilia's desire for Patchy's blood, basically she can't go and take it, but rather she'd have to convince Patchy to give some of it.
>> No. 50975
>>50974
"Remilia?"

"Yes~?"

"Why am I in this ridiculous outfit? And why are you trying to hide that Camera behind your back like that?"

"Oh, no reason~"
>> No. 50976
Could we not simply bring our attendant staff along?
And by that, I mean Koakuma. If things get too hairy, we can simply have Koakuma turn the succubus thing on full-blast.
>> No. 50978
Hell, Patches is apparently skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, why not just summon a bunch of random shit and have a fucking demon tea party?

I think it's very much in Patchy's character to want to make an exceptionally good first impression, and what better way to do that than filling some government official's dinning room with demon lords and ladies, all daintily sipping tea?
>> No. 50979
I'm pretty sure that being a guest, the work falls to Lucius to make the party good. That's why Patchy is trying to find good tea in the first place. Being a good host reflects on the owner.
>> No. 50980
>>James Bond shit

At some point, Patchy should summon up an incubus, equip him with a variety of magic gadgetry.
>> No. 50988
>>50980
i lol'd
>> No. 50993
File 132781263239.jpg - (328.43KB, 600x600, 10a8340aafa8379111a8c489b4346807.jpg) [iqdb]
50993
"Very well. Though at the current time, I am in the middle of something. Perhaps a little later in the day, after these matters have been dealt with."

"Naturally. I will prepare my Manor for your arrival." Lucius says, hint of his pleasure at your acceptance shining through. "I suppose you may come along as well, Alistair. I trust that you have not forgotten which items of cutlery are appropriate for which use, even with your recent.... troubles with silver."

"Oh, I doubt very much that anyone forgets such things." Alistair replied shortly.

"Well, something will be arranged, in light of your... disabilities." Lucius purred, as he left the shop proper. The keeper seemed disgruntled as you left, as well.

There isn't much left in the vein of 'interesting books' to be found, but you pick up a single, short unicorn horn from an apothecary, for an exorbitant price. Twenty one pieces of gold, where the 'standard spellbooks' had gone for only one or two of the silver pieces each. Vexing, when you consider that books were what you came to purchase, but a simple mark of the general rarity of the beasts in the magically-dry Outside, compared to the common availability of textbooks that children were simply expected to have.

It is, from what you can tell, a powerful neutralizing agent and general anti-toxin. Probably any number of uses in esoteric potions, as well. You don't really have any use for them, however, as you don't generally use or prepare such things, and if you find the need for them there are any number of substitutes, in most cases. And in those cases where substitutes cannot be used, there are places where they can be found more commonly. As a souvenir, however, it's interesting enough a thing that Remi would probably happily stick it in a golden candlestick and set on a shelf somewhere. You might think about testing later if dipping it in tainted water can purify it for drinking, later, as some accounts insist, or if a living unicorn is required...

It doesn't take long to unload the books, once you've dragged Alistair into and through your tower, though warding them can wait until later. The horn gets left beside them as well.

For the moment, you are heading into the dwelling of another magician. No matter how much less of a direct threat he might be, or how easily you could burn his home down around his ears, or swallow it up into the depths of the earth, this means you have cause for concern. After all, this is the heart of the man's power. There is no telling what kind of cunning traps or trickery that could be found, even from a less powerful magic-user.

You make a quick golem that wraps around your wrist as a bracelet, shaped as a serpentine dragon. If it comes down to it, it can serve as both an unexpected distraction and as a means to send for help. Though you very much doubt you will use it for that second purpose. A heavy bauble of metal hangs off a chain, hidden beneath your clothes. Manipulating its form and shape will be near-effortless, so there's no need to make this a golem, and even a thin shield of metal should be enough to deflect some things.

You suspect that any poisons or unwanted additives that might be slipped in would be dosed for humans. You probably aren't nearly so superior in levels of constitution as beast youkai, just for example, but such dosage calculations wouldn't likely be enough to effect you properly.... by comparison, either your disease or the medication for it would most likely swiftly kill off even the most healthy of humans. Fortunate it isn't contagious, and you don't intend to share your medicine about. Even so, you slip a couple general counteractives into a pocket.

"I would have warned you about Lucius, but it seems you have that well in hand." Alistair says, dryly. "He probably won't try anything overt, though. His allegiances and tendencies are... problematic, but he wouldn't be so foolish or hot-headed. You'll want to know, though... I've heard rumors that he's studied Legilimency. The art of mind-reading."

... That is a small concern. But after the whole underground matter, you took precautions to guard your mind in case of a personal encounter with any Satori, unlikely as it may be. You cannot imagine that human attempts could match up, and so your precautions should be sufficient. The mental ward, appearing to be a simple ribbon, embroidered sigils and runes the same color thread as the cloth, joins your hair alongside a power-amplification ribbon you have had for some time indeed, and some number of plain strips of cloth, to disguise the others.

"I am properly defended against such efforts. And yourself?" You ask.

"I'm a werewolf. The way it was described to me, if anyone went poking around in my head, they'd find themselves face to face with a very big, angry guard dog." He explains. "One benefit of the condition, at least. I'd advise you keep whatever defenses you have going, though. No telling who knows the skill, though I've heard that Dumbledore does as well. Try not to meet their eyes, anyway... it needs eye contact."

"Yes, yes." You say, scribing out a note for one of the fairies to deliver to Meiling before you head back through the portal to the tower.

From there, you make a portal to just outside the outer wall and gates of the Malfoy's Manor, as it' s only polite to not forcibly insert yourself into the depths of another's home all at once. There's some distance to cover on the grounds before the Manor proper... an aristocrat thing, as you understand. Peacocks wander about the grounds, off the path. There's a shining bell set off to the side a bit. Well, you have a moment now to compose your thoughts and consider how things might and should go, inside.

----

Korner, new thread, etc, to come later.
>> No. 50994
[x] Compose your thoughts and consider how things might and should go.
>> No. 50995
>>50994
Wait for new thread for that.
>> No. 50996
>>50994

[X] Open the door.
-[X] Get on the floor.
--[X] Everybody walk the dinosaur!
>> No. 50997
>>50996
I honestly can't tell if you're actually trying to be funny or just trolling.

Either way, you're not doing a very good job.
>> No. 50998
>>50997
You don't speak for the rest of us though. I got a small laugh out of it, mainly because it wasn't trying to be pretentiously serious.
>> No. 50999
> Do you want your possessions identified? <y/n/q>

Sorry, couldn't resist after seeing the bit about unicorn horns. (And yes, I'm aware that the legend well preceeds Nethack, but it's still the first thing I think of. :P)
>> No. 51001
> :P

You'll want to stop that. Most emoticons are considered poor form around here, and some people tend to get really upset by them.
>> No. 51004
Will House-elf(s) know *what* Patchy is?

And will they make interesting specimen for vivisection?
>> No. 51005
>>51004

Why the heck would Patchy give a damn about house elves?
>> No. 51006
File 132788229091.png - (233.94KB, 900x900, bc36a4727d11732769737134c1e92df3.png) [iqdb]
51006
Not so much to go over, but here we are.

Abrupt Schedule Shifts- Any magician of any note is more than capable of changing their sleep schedule on a moment's notice. It's not uncommon to at one point need to be active at midday, then shortly after prepare for a ritual at midnight. As such, it's hardly enough of a matter to affect their health significantly. But if you keep insisting, then I can knock off a point of health or so for a week, if that would make you happy.

Porphyrion Limitations- Nothing close to the sort of physical prowess that could have been brought to bear as a giant or as a golem. However, still far and away beyond that of a normal human. Could probably be on an even level in fisticuffs with Hagrid, or an English Troll, with similar resistances towards magical assaults.

Farmboy- Fortunately, he was at least of an age that humans would consider acceptable enough, even if not entirely acceptable, which would cut some of the heat from.

Extraplanar nobility- Patchouli knows several entities that would fit this bill, some of which could be considered 'benevolent', and others 'malevolent', from both Celestial and Daemonically inclined planes. Interestingly, there are some of both in either.

Australia- A large nexus on the world, where it intersects with a dimension of Pain. Understandably, wildlife is somewhat tainted by the intersection and is generally quite hazardous. Not enough to make living here impossible, though.
>> No. 51008
Next thread: >>51007
>> No. 51010
No no, no need for penalty. It's just that we had no information on if Patchouli could deal with it or not and I didn't want a nasty surprise waiting for us.
>> No. 51020
>Australia- A large nexus on the world, where it intersects with a dimension of Pain. Understandably, wildlife is somewhat tainted by the intersection and is generally quite hazardous. Not enough to make living here impossible, though.

Thank you
>> No. 51035
>>51006

>Australia
Oh, Cracked...
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x