- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 49980)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 132207678623.gif - (113.29KB, 600x600, 1319143392816.gif) [iqdb]
49980 No. 49980
You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though you have constructed a tower elsewhere, without internal fixtures as yet, which you may or may not inhabit much. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have a box of ninety eight vials of Medication stored in the library to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy, though effects may vary, as can the Hakurei Hot Spring.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, which can be surprisingly versatile, particularly in combination with Golems. You can also create Homunculi, if you have the materials to hand. You have the most important ingredient in stock, but it will all be useless after a few days, at most.

Your library is currently playing host to a number of confectionery-based life forms, which you will soon experiment upon. You have spent the day turning a millenia-old greek giant infused into a stone golem into a woman, and she looks quite pleased as she inspects the new form. You have sent Marisa Kirisame away to 'do things', though as a plate of dinner is sitting out and cooling as it waits for her, she will likely return soon. You much doubt that anything important transpired on her ventures, as she likely dismissed your instruction to instead badger the shrine maiden into providing tea and snacks for the day.

Your health, as a reminder, is at 54/100 following a potion's consumption, and today remains Aug 26, [b]Friday: Day of Metal[/i], though closing on sunset, and 6 days yet remain until term begins.

[ ] What do you do?
Expand all images
>> No. 49982
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. In addition, is there time to begin experiments on them?
[x] Assess the situation with the Homunculi. If more need to be made, best not to start the yukkuri experiments just yet, given that the... key material... will only last a day or two more.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns. Probably won't have done much, but it can't hurt to check.

Finally back to Patchy. Time to check up on Rachel, Patchurri, and co~
>> No. 49983
>>49982
Probably better to start experiments earlier in the day. Gestation period is 24 hours, right?

[x] Who's the little girl? Who's the little girl? You are! Yes you are! Headpat the new female.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri.
[x] Question Marisa when she returns.

All I care about.
>> No. 49984
[x] Remind Koakuma not to snack on the new girl.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. See how good a job the spider managed as caretaker/instructor.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns.
-[x] Deciding the ultimate fate of anything she brings back can wait until tomorrow.
[x] Go to bed.

It might be a good idea to have a quantity of homunculi in reserve as disposable teaching aids (casting deadly spells on students might be frowned upon)
>> No. 49985
[x] Remind Koakuma not to snack on the new girl.
[x] Who's the little girl? Who's the little girl? You are! Yes you are! Headpat the new female.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. See how good a job the spider managed as caretaker/instructor.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns.
-[x] Deciding the ultimate fate of anything she brings back can wait until tomorrow.
[x] Go to bed.

Given that Marisa is currently working for us, I wouldn't be surprised if Patchy gets held responsible for Marisa's antics.
>> No. 49986
...Weren't we finishing a Homunculi? Might want to do that first.

[x] Look over the finished Humonculi, then transfer Porphyrion into his new body.
[x] Call Sakuya for clothes. He can go to the village tomorrow if he want something else.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns. Probably won't have done much, but it can't hurt to check.
>> No. 49987
Things we have/had to do: >>49179
>> No. 49988
I find it hilarious that we took the time to turn a Greek giant into a woman. Out of all the things we could do, this. This was our choice. It's so absurd.
>> No. 49990
>>49986
You have spent the day turning a millenia-old greek giant infused into a stone golem into a woman, and she looks quite pleased as she inspects the new form.

She's done, Jim.

>>49988
His choice - we decided to give them the option of more normal bodies if they were going to stick around, and he decided he wanted to try this out.
>> No. 49991
>>49990
Oops.... Well, he/she still need clothes.
>> No. 49992
>>49990
She chose to do it, and that's funny, but we chose to make it our first priority. Highest thing on the list, right there. I'm cracking up again.
>> No. 49993
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. In addition, is there time to begin experiments on them?
[x] Assess the situation with the Homunculi. If more need to be made, best not to start the yukkuri experiments just yet, given that the... key material... will only last a day or two more.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns. Probably won't have done much, but it can't hurt to check.
[x] Set guards, sleep.
All in all, a day in which interesting experiments happened, is a day well spent for her.
Also, we need to finish the house tomorrow. It'd have been great to do so today, but she felt like shit.
Finally, if we keep using the medicine, will we eventually get better? or at least less side effects?
>> No. 49994
>Finally, if we keep using the medicine, will we eventually get better? or at least less side effects?
Yes, we will eventually get better (medicine), on a timescale of months. Far, far in the future: Your brain is not capable of thinking that far ahead. Ignore what it is telling you and take the medicine, unless you have a very, very, very good reason not to.
>> No. 49995
>>49994

You don't know that. All we know is that Eirin just advises taking it on bad days, and that it causes a backlash after. There's no indication that it's meant to cure Patchy's condition. As far as we know, it only acts as symptomatic relief on bad days, and for reasons explained in a previous thread, the developing an eventual resistance to the medicine is not completely outside the realm of possibility.
>> No. 49996
I tried to bring the todo lists (>>49987, items copied verbatim) up to date:
- Find some manner of defending the library while out.
- Meet Remus (meeting time not yet known, time unknown)
- Buy standard defense books (shouldn't take long. Just need to take portal, change in some gems and buy the books. Can be done this afternoon)
- 'Discuss' the schedule with others teachers (will happen during last two days, time it will take unknown)
- Decide on loose schedule (then again, I think we're all agreeing on separating classes by years last it was talked about).
- Plan lessons (should meet Remus before this however)
- If a lecture hall is to be made, better be ready for Earth day. Ideally, since we won't need it after this year, we should ask Albus where it could be made and if he has any specifications for it (beside our need that it should be able to house a whole year's worth of students). If needed, can always mention this could help balance the 'salary' further, if it didn't pass smoothly.
- Interview Pomphrey.
- Furnish our tower.
- Make sure Marisa is not lusting after our sexy body. Ick.
- Meet the other faculty members.
- Find and interview Mima.
- Make an army of disposable homunculi for great justice. Or something.
- Interview Rinnosuke about how he made the Hakkero.
- Possibly arrange for another teaching assistant or Library defender, depending on what we want Koakuma's primary job to be.
- Get books for the Great Yukkuri Literacy Experiment.
- Other, less wholesome, experiments involving the doughballs.

>>49993
Taking the medicine results in a positive hit-point gain on average, even considering the side-effects. Not taking it would be a waste, especially now that we are less likely to have a really low roll to begin with.
>> No. 49999
>>49996
In case you didn't notice, the todo list was made for what MUST be done BEFORE term start. What you added is stuff that can wait, isn't that important or doesn't even belong here (Marisa's 'crush' is nowhere close to what you imply and screw the useless humonculi army. As for Yukkuris experiments, they'll happen on spare time only.).
>> No. 50000
>>49995
I know that Eirin is working on a better medicine. I strongly suspect that what we do with the medicine we currently have will affect her efforts. For narrative reasons, if nothing else. It doesn't make sense to reward us for neglecting a subplot.

And it's still months in the future, assuming complications don't arise. In-story. Real-time... I don't even want to think about it. Having this discussion every single in-story day is going to get real old, real fast, so I'm going to try my best to shut the fuck up about it from now on.
>> No. 50001
>>49999
I didn't add anything myself. I copied the items from the post referred to by >>49987 and the one two or so posts below. Since the items from the latter are at the bottom in my copy, I figure they shouldn't hurt much. The main point was pruning items that were done already.
>> No. 50002
>>49999
No, Marisa is incredibly urgent. I really, really want to see drunk, chatty Marisa. All that delicious character development...

Wait.. we don't seem to have anything urgent planned for the rest of the night. Can we do it today? Is that a thing we can do? Please let that be a thing we can do.

[x] Prepare the alcohol. You're getting Marisa drunk tonight.
>> No. 50003
[x] Look over the finished Humonculi, then transfer Porphyrion into his new body.
[x] Call Sakuya for clothes. He can go to the village tomorrow if he want something else.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns. Probably won't have done much, but it can't hurt to check.
>> No. 50004
>>49980
>>49980
>> No. 50010
Come to think of it, we also need to speak to Nitori. Sure, we sealed the activation, but that doesn't change the fact that there are still explosives set to blow up the truck.
>> No. 50011
>>50010

Nah that doesn't seem very important. Patchy warded the truck, remember?
>> No. 50012
>>50011
...And how does warding affect the situation of having explosives in your ride that could still detonate in case of a malfunction?
>> No. 50014
>>50012
Short of using it as a relativistic weapon against Hogwarts the Ministry something, what further use for it do we really have? Patchy can make furniture (and buildings to hold them) anywhere and golems and homunculi can move themselves (and smaller items) through portals. Nothing she would want to move would justify the bother and Tewi's already had her fun.
>> No. 50015
>>50014
1) Go to Hogwarts
2) Floo to Diagon Alley
3) Get some GBP in Gringotts
4) leave to London proper
5) Find a toy store
6) Buy an Optimus Prime figure. Just not the bay movie one.
7) Return to Gensokyo
8) Drive your truck to kappas.
9) Give them the truck, an Optimus Prime figure and tell them "Go to town"
10) ?????????
11) PROFIT!!!!
>> No. 50016
>>50015
Have Marisa do it. More fun that way and we can focus on other things.
>> No. 50017
>>50016
sage in the email not subject
>> No. 50027
[x] Look over the finished Humonculi, then transfer Porphyrion into his new body.
[x] Call Sakuya for clothes. He can go to the village tomorrow if he want something else.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns. Probably won't have done much, but it can't hurt to check.
>> No. 50028
People ought to read the update instead of blindly copying votes. Proph's already in the homunculus.
>> No. 50029
>>50028
I bet these people are from /th/... so such a thing is only natural.
>> No. 50034
Crack vote from >>50015. Doubt it will get chosen, but still...

1) Go to Hogwarts
2) Floo to Diagon Alley
3) Get some GBP in Gringotts
4) leave to London proper
5) Find a toy store
6) Buy an Optimus Prime figure. Just not the bay movie one.
7) Return to Gensokyo
8) Drive your truck to kappas.
9) Give them the truck, an Optimus Prime figure and tell them "Go to town"
10) ?????????
11) PROFIT!!!!
>> No. 50036
Crack vote from >>50015. Doubt it will get chosen, but still...

1) Go to Hogwarts
2) Floo to Diagon Alley
3) Get some GBP in Gringotts
4) leave to London proper
5) Find a toy store
6) Buy an Optimus Prime figure. Just not the bay movie one.
7) Return to Gensokyo
8) Drive your truck to kappas.
9) Give them the truck, an Optimus Prime figure and tell them "Go to town"
10) ?????????
11) PROFIT!!!!
>> No. 50038
[x] Remind Koakuma not to snack on the new girl.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. See how good a job the spider managed as caretaker/instructor.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns.
-[x] Deciding the ultimate fate of anything she brings back can wait until tomorrow.
[x] Go to bed.

Hell no! We can't let that crack vote win!
>> No. 50039
[x] Remind Koakuma not to snack on the new girl.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. See how good a job the spider managed as caretaker/instructor.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns.
-[x] Deciding the ultimate fate of anything she brings back can wait until tomorrow.
[x] Go to bed.

This seems good, especially since I'm about to head to bed myself.
>> No. 50041
[x] Remind Koakuma not to snack on the new girl.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. See how good a job the spider managed as caretaker/instructor.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns.
-[x] Deciding the ultimate fate of anything she brings back can wait until tomorrow.
[x] Go to bed


Optimus Prime is awesome, but unfitting for this story.
>> No. 50042
It's not even a vote. Why are people so worried?
>> No. 50043
>>50041
How about a God Ginrai transector than?

But seriously, this was not a vote, merely a suggestion what to do with the truck.
>> No. 50044
[x] Remind Koakuma not to snack on the new girl.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. See how good a job the spider managed as caretaker/instructor.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns.
-[x] Deciding the ultimate fate of anything she brings back can wait until tomorrow.
[x] Go to bed
>> No. 50045
[x] Remind Koakuma not to snack on the new girl.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri. See how good a job the spider managed as caretaker/instructor.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns.
-[x] Deciding the ultimate fate of anything she brings back can wait until tomorrow.
[x] Go to bed
>> No. 50046
I'm pretty sure the Optimus Prime idea wasn't to be taken seriously...however awesome it would be if Kahi decides to have it done.
>> No. 50048
>>50046
Sadly, I'll have to note here in case you guys forgot that Patchouli doesn't even know who Optimus Prime is.
>> No. 50049
Do you remember when this story was about Patchy in Hogwarts. Neither do I.
>> No. 50050
Get back to preppping for school start? And show off the wonders of being a youkai magician that Patchy is @ Hogswart?
>> No. 50051
>>50049
That's because it's still six days to term.

Porphyrion is already in her new body.

[x] Call Sakuya for clothes. He can go to the village tomorrow if he want something else.
[x] Check in on the various yukkuri.
[x] Briefly question Kirisame on her activities of the day when she returns. Probably won't have done much, but it can't hurt to check.
[x] Eat dinner.
[x] Point out your newly made girl is going to either have to earn her keep (perhaps as a Yukkuri babysitter once Marisa leaves, though we also have the spider for that) or leave now that she needs things like clothes, food, and a bed.
[x] Find her a place to stay.
[x] Bed time for everyone.
>> No. 50052
[X] Timeskip six days to start of term.

We have had virtually no progress on the actual plot in about three or four threads, what with the yukkuris and an entire thread wasted on The Adventures of Marisa. Quit wasting time with sidequests and get on with the teaching.
>> No. 50053
[X] NO TIMESKIP!
[X] Though yeah, Kahi, unless you have something planned for this 6 days, some sort op plot acceleration would be nice.
>> No. 50054
>>50052
While I've enjoyed the 'sidequests', as you call them, and wish them to continue, you are right in that we haven't done anything relating to teaching in a while.

However, if I may be so bold as to offer suggestions on voting, why not make votes that relate to preparing for school? I'd bet money that with the proper thought, we can prepare for the school year better than we could if we just timeskipped it.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that we need to do, but I'm sure there's something. If one comes up, I'll probably vote for it.
>> No. 50055
File 132260648184.jpg - (274.59KB, 707x800, f0ba1fd16254f40595fcb80.jpg) [iqdb]
50055
".... Ah. Koakuma." you say, noting that the succubus is every bit as appreciative of Porphyrion's self-inspection as the ex-giant. "Her soul is still off-limits."

"Yeah, I get it." She replies. "No playing with your toys."

"You needn't phrase it as such, either." You say, dryly.

"If you will pardon me, given flesh anew, I am suddenly reminded that it has been a very long time indeed since I have had both cause and ability to visit some manner of hot bath." Porphyrion states, seeming to have decided that her form was, indeed, acceptable.

"Yes, I'm sure a maid or two can assist you somehow." You say, waving the matter off as she saunters away, not the slightest bit of care for the matter of nudity. You should probably find a spare bedsheet, or something, to drape over her so as to not offend the witch's sensibilities when she returns. Presuming that Sakuya cannot locate something suitable, at least.

In any case, you should check on the specimens.

The A-pattern is doing well, though it displays what is either an unfortunately poor range of vision or lack of perceptiveness, failing to notice you even as you stand just outside the tank as it eats. A common enough quirk among the creatures, usually outweighed by the fact that they seem to have a tendency to make a great deal of noise and commotion around each other, which leaves location of others of their species to be quite simple. At the same time, it isn't as though they need to put significant effort into locating foodstuffs either. The lack of perceptiveness only seems to display itself as a drawback in the face of predators.

Well, it only shows that experimentation can begin at any time without significant issue. You leave it to its meal, as you consider the rest. P- and R-patterns are not immune to this quirk, you note, though Rachel spies you after only a short few moments, and comes over to hum happily into your shoulder. You would think that such would be a significant impediment towards hunting.

But then, they only seem interested, of their own volition, in hunting other types of yukkuri. You have also noted that their habitual hunting cry seems to cause an almost instinctual panic in their prey... hm. You would hypothesize that, in the wild, it would drive ground-bound yukkuri out of less secure hiding places in an attempt to rush to a hole to conceal themselves within. Poor tactical planning, when doing so would simply draw attention to themselves and remaining still and silent would have left them undisturbed. Though this is conjecture, of course...

"And how have things progressed?" You ask.

"... Eh." The spider replies ambivalently. "Some of them, the little-you's, do alright. Well, and that one." She says, waving a hand at Rachel. "They get that I'm reading things out of the book, anyway, at the very least. The other ones, the little vampires, I dunno. They like listening, but not as much as the Patchouli, and they don't seem to really grasp that the book is anything but an ornament. I guess they think I'm just reciting things from memory, or something."

"Give it time." You instruct.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll keep doing this, then." The spider grumbles, sagging back into her appropriated chair as Marisa enters and makes a straight line towards the food.

You give a polite few moments for the witch to gorge on her meal before interrupting, noting that she seems a little tired.

"And I see your day went well? Did you retrieve what I sent you for?" You ask.

"Yeah, writing-notebooks, dinosaurs, even went the extra mile and picked up another thing for ya!" Kirisame says without hesitation. "All waiting out by the gatekeeper's house. Didn't want to bring the dinos in, in case they started vomiting laser everywhere like the big one, and scorched up your drapes and wallpaper."

"I believe that your report could do with slightly less summarization." You say flatly, frowning.

"Stuff happened." Marisa says, waving a hand. "You said to do interesting things, right? Don't worry about it."

"... I really think I should." You say. "With you technically in my service still, today, I could be held accountable for any of your misdeeds. Have you stolen something?"

"Of course not!" Marisa replies, looking almost insulted at the insinuation.

"... Have you borrowed anything without its owners permission, then?" You ask, rephrasing the question.

"..." Marisa says, frowning in disgruntlement. "Maybe. Just a little."

"What and who?" You ask, with a sigh.

"Eientei princess." Marisa replies flippantly, and you grit your teeth at the realization that this just might affect your medicine shipments adversely, later on down the road. "Picked up this little trinket from her. Doubt she'll even notice it missing, what with the whole Mokou thing going on at the same time. Oh, also grabbed something from the moonbunny, I wanted to have a better look at."

.... Fantastic.

"I suppose asking what you were thinking, if you were indeed thinking, can wait, along with consideration of how to deal with the matter now." You say with a sigh. "I suppose I should have been warier with my words, and specified actions of interest that did not include outright theft or other actions likely to instill enmity."

"Ah, they're not going to get too bent out of shape over it. I borrow things from everyone, after all."

"That's no excuse." You say shortly. "... Go ahead and write up a full, detailed report of your actions yesterday. I'll be less likely to lash out if I'm reading an account than if I listen to it first-hand, I think."

... In any case, you think your near-dozen Homunculi is a good starting point, so long as you don't intend to more directly demonstrate the effects of spells on the human body with them. That would require a fair number more, most likely. You can probably only use them for that purpose once, after all, and then need replacements and a mop.

Still, now would be the best time to begin experimentation, enough time for gestation to occur and have infants to list and catalogue by this time tomorrow, without the risk of being woken from your slumber to deal with things. It would not interfere with bulk production of Homunculi, either, as that is largely a self-contained process and only needs to be started, then recieve a bulk injection of magical energy, and matters will take care of themselves. You doubt that you will need to construct another body to exacting specifications, with Alcyoneus' denial of the offer.

But the experiment will keep, and you are just vexed enough to retire early.

---

The day is Aug 27, 5 days to term.
It is Saturday: Day of Earth
-- Yamame, luck+5, Medicine Backlash-7
Your health level is 39/100: Worse than average. You wouldn't mind staying in bed at all, though you can walk around and perform normal functions. Your stomach may violently protest too much activity, however, and your head is pounding painfully.

---

When you rise, it is slowly, and you blearily call for tea before focusing on anything else. The hybrid has tumbled down to your lap in the meantime, but it seems content enough to slumber there.

Now, there was something... yes, Marisa's outing. You consider walking all the way out of your bed and over to pick the paper up, then decide against it. It's simpler to just float it over to you, as you remain still, and your concentration isn't near so shot that you can't move around a bit of paper.

Yukkuri. You didn't really need more, though control subjects are always good to have on hand, and more specimens means a more rapid rate of population growth, which would be a great assistance to the study you have in mind. Still, there is a note that the Reimu pattern had taken heavy injury, and is now scarred from the shopkeeper's treatment. You'll have to keep that in mind and watch that one for suicidal tendencies, if it comes to it. Yuka pattern seems acceptable, though, but there's a note that the shopkeeper also has a Youmu pattern he wouldn't mind much being rid of. Loudmouth with a swearing problem. Well, keeping it contained, possibly in a silenced enclosure, should be no real issue, if you choose to bother with it.

The rest of the report is rambling, ambiguous, and meanders like a path through that magical forest. You note something about laser-dinosaurs and multiple deaths, and a note that she didn't really want to see what kind of undergarments the doctor preferred anyway, so she didn't mind cutting matters short... Ah, it's tricky to make sense of. More so with your head aching like this.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50056
[x] Drink our medicine.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.
[x] Experiment on the yukkuri - it is time to see whether we can introduce Patchurri's caution and intelligence into other breeds. Perhaps Meiling might appreciate intelligent Yuuka assistants?
>> No. 50058
[x] Pocket a vial of medicine, which you will drink if you turn out not to be healthy enough for something, and not before.
[x] Prepare an apology for the actions of your subordinate, explaining that she had, in effect, been given the day off. Offer to make restitution, though nothing too major as it wasn't really your fault.
-[x] Obtain outside world laptop for Kaguya, or Marisa if Kaguya wants her own back.
-[x] Return gun, make careful study of ammunition until you can replicate it, then return ammunition.
-[x] Other, reasonable requests by the denizens of Eientei.
[x] The R-types aren't really working out. Wait until they're big enough to hunt for themselves, then release them into the wild if Sakuya doesn't want them.
[x] According to Marisa's report, the new young are useless. Use them as fodder for the R-types until they can hunt on their own.
[x] Get a potted plant for the Y-type, and have it breed with Patchurri and impregnate the Reimu-type.
-[x] Shake them if they don't want to breed.
[x] Give the Reimu-type to Meiling, explaining that it's a well behaved yukkuri and will have a litter of flower-tending ones.
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.
>> No. 50059
Hmmm...

[x]Drink your medicine.
[x]Check for messages from Hogwarts
[x]If there's something there, go attend to it; otherwise start up a batch of homunculi and... start research on other methods of imbuing magical potential into another being. Mention aloud that, while this may be a bit boring, it could lead to Interesting Times in the future.
[x]Send Kirisame out again, for some insurance. Put a few stipulations on her outing first though, you don't want a repeat of yesterday.
>> No. 50060
>>50059
I very much doubt Yukari is watching us evey minute of every day. For example, she's got her jello golem arena, and the entirety of Gensokyo and the outside world to watch and possibly interfere with. Simply put, we're not the only people Yukari watches, nor the only one she'll fuck with for amusement.
>> No. 50061
[x] Must... have... drugs...
[x] If you think you can manage it, start up another batch of homunculi. That, at least, won't require much further attention.
[x] Send a golem to check for messages at Hogwarts.
-[x] Don't forget to seal off the portal again when you're done.
[x] Have someone collect Marisa's haul and take a look at it. Distribute the books, at least. Dealing with the other things can likely wait until you feel better.
[x] If Marisa starts freaking about the naked pseudo-girl, she can take her to find appropriate clothing -- without any borrowing.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.

That should be enough for the next bit. It sounded like she could manage the homunculi, at least. Anything more will likely depend on how much the meds help.
>> No. 50062
[x] Medicine. Take it.
[x] Prepare an apology for the actions of your subordinate, explaining that she had, in effect, been given the day off. Offer to make restitution, though nothing too major as it wasn't really your fault.
-[x] The stolen objects are a matter between Eientei and Marisa, though you should borrow one of those bullets for a bit to study it.
-[x] Other, reasonable requests by the denizens of Eientei.
[x] According to Marisa's report, the new young are useless. Use them as fodder for the R-types.
[x] Get a potted plant for the Y-type, and have it breed with Patchurri and impregnate the Reimu-type.
-[x] Shake them if they don't want to breed.
[x] Give the Reimu-type to Meiling, explaining that it's a well behaved yukkuri and will have a litter of flower-tending ones.
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.

This stuff with the yukkuri's shouldn't take more than a moment, and we need to start work on school.
>> No. 50065
[x] Drink your medicine.
[x] See if Porphyrion got clothes.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.
[x] Check for messages at the tower since the golem cannot go right now.
-[x]See if you can make a chute to the basement with a one-way flap for the mail slot. That should stop any yukkuri from going out and still permit the golem to perform its function.

The flap should solve the problem we realized earlier. A bodied R-type or Rachel could maybe be strong enough to lift it from their side if they're good enough, but they'll be too big for the chute once they're strong enough to do it. I think.

Apart from that, I refuse to vote for starting more experiments. We already have more than enough things to do and little time left for it. It's bad enough we got a sucky roll for Earth day. Unless medecine roll truly suck, we should at least be able to put the foundations for the lecture hall this afternoon and finish another day. Then again, Earth day make this magic easier so who know?

Also, in case you guys forgot if you just think pilling up more tasks is great, Patchouli can just inject the stuff for breeding. Something Patchurri said that it would prefer rather than breeding with blobs. No need to shake them and ahave a mess to clean after.

Oh, and another reminder: Do remember we justified what we asked of Albus (the books) because the priority would go to the job first, then the experiments. Unless you want to start with bad rep this year, get your damn priorities straight.
>> No. 50066
[x] See if Porphyrion got clothes.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.
[x] Check for messages at the tower since the golem cannot go right now.

Not drinking medicine this time. Health elvels are too low for it to make any noticeable effect, so it's better to avoid the backlash.

Also, what sort of business do we have arranged with Hogwarts at the moment? We need to meet with te other professors, there is that guy Albus was arranging a meeting with, there is the matter of the giant classroom (which we totally won't be able to do in this Earth Day), class schedules...what else?
>> No. 50067
>>50065
No, man, shaking them just puts them in the mood to breed.

You do bring up a valid point in that Patchurri and the Y-type wouldn't want to breed directly, so the injection would be good between them.
>> No. 50068
[x] Drink your medicine.

I don't care about the rest.
>> No. 50069
[x] Perhaps a hot bath will help soothe some of these aches and pains.
[x] Take some medicine. I need some aspirin.
[x] Consult with Yamame about your health.
[x] Check on the candy constructs.
>> No. 50070
you know... Yuuka types aren't so stupid when it comes to gardening, they're pretty good like that.
>> No. 50071
>>50070
I'm curious if Yuuka can be directed to cultivate specific plants in specific patterns and whether multiple Yuuka can coordinate their efforts. If not, we can attempt to breed the needed cooperation/intelligence into the Yuuka and then present them to Meiling. At least such critters would be useful.
>> No. 50072
[x] See if Porphyrion got clothes.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.
[x] Check for messages at the tower since the golem cannot go right now.
[x] According to Marisa's report, the new young are useless. Use them as fodder for the R-types until they can hunt on their own.

The useless blobs make for good practice. Let's keep it concise and save medicine for if we need it, and not just for today: anytime we take medicine while under the effects of backlash, we get less benefit that if we had no backlash. Let's tough out today, then we won't have a negative to worry about in case of an emergency.

At the least, we shouldn't take it the day before term starts.
>> No. 50075
>>50072
If you kill the Marisa blobs, you may as well kill the mother with them, because the scars plus her childrens's death will pretty much make her feel she has no reason to continue living.
>> No. 50076
[x] Drink your medicine.
[x] See if Porphyrion got clothes.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.
[x] Check for messages at the tower since the golem cannot go right now.
-[x]See if you can make a chute to the basement with a one-way flap for the mail slot. That should stop any yukkuri from going out and still permit the golem to perform its function.
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.

No time to start new experiments. It can wait until we've got our schedule set, as we have a lot that needs done in very little time.
>> No. 50078
[x] Drink your medicine.
[x] See if Porphyrion got clothes.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.
[x] Check for messages at the tower since the golem cannot go right now.
-[X] Send a message to Tewi, perhaps she can be convinced to run a little bit of damage control at Eeientei.
-[X] Send a message to Flandre so she can go inspect her new pet.
--[X] Make sure to remind her to feed it.

Haven't met Flandre yet, so she might not need the reminder to feed it.
>> No. 50079
[x] Take the medicine.
[x] If you think you can manage it, start up another batch of homunculi. That, at least, won't require much further attention.
[x] Send a golem to check for messages at Hogwarts.
-[x] Don't forget to seal off the portal again when you're done.
[x] Have someone collect Marisa's haul and take a look at it. Distribute the books, at least. Dealing with the other things can likely wait until you feel better.
>> No. 50080
Medicine isn't gonna do much good today, guys. Patchy's health levels won't get high enough to do much.
>> No. 50081
>>49980
[x] Drink your medicine.
[x] See if Porphyrion got clothes.
[x] Prepare to defuse tensions if Eientei residents come in a bad mood.
[x] Check for messages at the tower since the golem cannot go right now.
-[X] Send a message to Tewi, perhaps she can be convinced to run a little bit of damage control at Eeientei.
-[X] Send a message to Flandre so she can go inspect her new pet.
--[X] Make sure to remind her to feed it.
She's got to take the medicine because if she skips on the regime of treatment. The illness could become resistant if not immune to the medicine
>> No. 50082
>The illness could become resistant if not immune to the medicine

For fucks sake. Read >>48952. I have no problem with choosing to take the medicine or not based on practical needs, but stop making decisions based on false information.
>> No. 50083
Or simply trust the fact that Eirin says take it until something otherwise happens.

Or remember that the spider made specific reference to the fact of /It not liking the fact/ that you took the medicine, meaning the illness itself was weakened by it.

Etc.
>> No. 50084
>>50083
The "medicine" only suppresses symptoms; it doesn't treat the actual disease. It's like taking cough syrup when you have strep throat, only it kickes us in the ass the next day.
>> No. 50085
Doctor's orders are to take the medicine every day, so you take it every day.

While this isn't real life listening to people who know what they're talking about is seldom a bad idea.
>> No. 50086
>>Doctor's orders are to take the medicine every day, so you take it every day.

Humor me. I've looked back through the threads, and the worst Eirin has said is not to hesitate taking it on bad days where we need the health boost. Where has she specified that we need to take it every day?

>>"Not that keeping medicine in reserve is a bad idea, mind you, but not using it when you might need it is simply foolish."

Is the closest thing I can find, but we don't strictly need it today: Yukkuri experiments are fairly low key, and homunculi generation mostly proceeds on autopilot. Admittedly, it would make the day more bearable for her to take the medicine, but should something come up in her plans that should preferably have her in good condition tomorrow, she could do without the unnecessary backlash. Pros and cons on either side. It just bugs me when people blindly vote based on false info.
>> No. 50087
How about this guys? Let's see if we have a meeting today by checking the mail. And decide if you want to start on the lecture hall today since Earth day would make this easier to do. Then we can see if we need the medecine.
>> No. 50088
>>50086
She didn't specify every day, but this is close enough.

>>47655
>"Oh, right." The spider continued, and lifted one of your vials. "This is your medicine, right? Miss Eirin told me to try to bug you into taking it, whether you thought you needed it or not."
>> No. 50089
Not going to hunt for the bit, but Eirin herself said to take a dose if backlash makes next day bad, since the illness won't keep this up forever.
>> No. 50091
Current HP normal distribution: μ=58, σ=12.5
>> No. 50094
[x] Get the Y-type and the new R-type sent to China, with a note that you might like some of its young.
[x] According to Marisa's report, the new young are useless. Once the mother is out of sight, use them as fodder for the R-types until they can hunt on their own.
[x] Check for messages at the tower since the golem cannot go right now.
-[x]See if you can make a chute to the basement with a one-way flap for the mail slot. That should stop any yukkuri from going out and still permit the golem to perform its function.
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.

>>50091
Thanks, statanon!
>> No. 50096
>>50094
Remember that we need to get the books they used for this class before deciding on what we'll teach.

We really need to get those books today. If we're not going ourselves, let's send Alistair to do it for us.
>> No. 50097
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.

This has the least amount of boring pointless sidequests.
>> No. 50103
Everyone keeps crying "no timeskip!" So this.

[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.

The fastest way to get to Hogwarts is to have whatever you do be related to preparing for term
>> No. 50104
[x] Medicine. Take it.
[x] Prepare an apology for the actions of your subordinate, explaining that she had, in effect, been given the day off. Offer to make restitution, though nothing too major as it wasn't really your fault.
-[x] Other, reasonable requests by the denizens of Eientei.
[x] Give a yukka to Meiling, explaining that it's a well behaved yukkuri and will have a litter of flower-tending ones.
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.
[x] See if Porphyrion got clothes.
[x] Send a golem or one the siblings to check for messages at Hogwarts.
-[x] Don't forget to seal off the portal again when you're done
[X] Send a message to Flandre so she can go inspect her new pet.
--[X] Make sure to remind her to feed it.
>> No. 50105
>>50103
Except you guys conveniently forget that we need to get the books they used first so that we know what they learned first.
>> No. 50106
Except we do have the books. If you recall from the first thread, we bought every single defense related book in the store.
>> No. 50107
>>50106
Nope

>You'll need to get a copy of the series of 'standardized spellbooks' in order to properly estimate what levels the different years of education can and cannot reasonably be expected to function at. It seems you failed to collect copies during your previous excursion, as they are not technically at all defense related, having only a minor portion of their contents devoted to magics relating to the subject.
>> No. 50108
For the purpose of getting to Hogwarts as quickly as possible while not ignoring anything important...

[x]Take your damn medicine.
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.
-[x] If you don't have enough time to do all the years, start with first year and work your way up.
[x] Decide what material you're going to teach each year.

If Patchy hasn't gotten the books yet, she needs to get on that RIGHT NOW. It's less than a week until term begins, and the students need to know what books they will need to buy.
>> No. 50109
>>50108
Have you even been following the story? We did already did that since thread 2 or 3. The books she needs is to know what the students know so far. That and/or meeting Remus should give Patchouli the information she need to decide on what to teach for each year.
>> No. 50111
I remembered something else about yuuka types: They're pretty good with a guitar.
>> No. 50113
>>50111
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sagCnNlLpQE
>> No. 50114
[x] Drink your Ovaltine.
[x] Per >>50075, don't kill off the M-patterns. Just get it into their head that, if they misbehave, all that will be left of them is their hat.
- [x] Actually, keep the M-patterns around anyway, so you can study their hats' growth. How the hell does that work, anyway?
>> No. 50115
>>50109
I think what he and others mean is write our lesson plans and books to go with them.

Assuming we teach to our specialty (and other then basics, why not) the first lesson will likely be used to determine student elements and elementa basics of elementalisum.

One idea may be to, beyond any necessary charms and knowledge, split the classes into the elements they are most proficient in rather then year, and teach them on the respective days.

As far as elemental magic goes, most of the students will be on roughly the same level (Potterverse has no direct equivalent) and we will run into fewer problems with elemental comparability (no use teaching elements half the class won't be able to use right) The only issue will be timetabling it.

Earth and Sun won't be an problem (weekend) but the others will need a slot free for all years. We may need to do 2 classes a day for this to work, but classes will be very small, making our life easier.

And if my assumptions are off, Patchy can correct me.

[x] Drink medicine. We need to think straight
[x] Set up another homunculi batch
[x] Think about future lesson plans and your various options(then start another vote)
[x] Have the others watch the yukurri in-case anything interesting happens
[x] Ask Sakuya(nicely) to feed the dino's and give them to Flan. If she refuses then send Marisa to do it.
>> No. 50117
>>50115
Considering what she thinks of the students at this time, there's no chance of Patchouli going out of her way for classes and even less to teach her specialty to unworthy and lazy fools.
>> No. 50119
>>50117
I was simply putting an option on the table. I did vote for a second vote on the lesson plan.

We have to teach something and while simply reciting text books is an option, it's boring and asking for classroom antics, and not just from the students.

Another option is to jazz up the existing curriculum with higher tier spells, that involves Patchy revising the sort of magic they use and while this will likely do for the students, Yukari may get the "seen it" vibe if we stick too close. That's not good.

We can also is to focus on dueling. This is practical, can incorporate spell cards and would be fun to watch but will need (possibly exhausting) supervision to avoid... accidents (though spell cards will help with this somewhat).

Putting and emphasis on summoning and creatures is also an option but we either veer very close to magical creatures, involves teaching diabolism or alot of "guest speakers". We definitely keep Yukari interested with this option, but it's hectic and we could lose the secret easily (if we care).

At least with elementalism we can walk right in there throw a few copies of basic elemental magic around and teach the rest from memory while watching them burn/douse/cut themselves.

And If all else fails, We just teach to the mood. At least exams will be fun.
>> No. 50120
I like the idea of some focus on duelling, it is "Defense against the Dark Arts" after all.
It might be a good idea to focus on teaching them to make their casting as efficient as possible rather than trying to teach them a whole new way of doing things, which most of them likely don't have the potential to excel at anyway.

Speaking the incantations faster, making more efficient, smaller gestures with their wand, maybe even casting a spell without their wand (even just being able to summon their wand from a metre or two away if disarmed could be a lifesaver) would probably be more useful than trying to teach them elementalism and probably more useful than most of what they've learned so far in DADA.
>> No. 50121
>>50119
...Dude, we already decided to teach at least what was in the book Patchouli picked. The spells are there.

As for classes themselves, I imagined a mix of theorical and pratical. Start the class with theorical teaching, then have them practice with either duelling or setting something for the whole class to fight against.
>> No. 50122
File 132286419330.png - (898.03KB, 1053x744, 7ddcef9e3ec804f84c20914bc538f6a7e3e4c4ca.png) [iqdb]
50122
Medicine. Medicine will be required, if you want to be of any use for anything. You hobble out to collect and imbibe a dose. +14= 53/100

It's just enough to put you on the better side of things, and your headache lessens enough that your vision is focused again.

The first thing on the list, you suppose, is to see if Porphyrion ever found some manner of clothing. It doesn't appear as though she is in the library, but you are connected just enough to the infused soul to track her down to one of the servant baths.

She is asleep in an otherwise bathtub, sprawled awkwardly about. It seems that she had forgotten that mortal bodies require some measure of rest... and judging by her state, and how her hands and fingers even now remained, she had lost consciousness in the middle of some rather more vigorous self-exploration that what she had attempted in the library.

The correct response to this, of course, is a bathtub-filling splash of shockingly cold water. Porphyrion splutters for a moment as she sinks beneath the surface, then pulls herself up, looking rather bedraggled and clearly wincing from stiffness.

"I see you've had a busy night." You note indifferently. "But you will now discover anew that physical bodies of flesh are temperamental things."

"I am thirsty, and sore, and exhausted. And yet, it was very much worth it indeed."
Porphyrion notes raspily.

"You will want a drink and a hot bath. I would advise some measure of restraint in further exploratory escapades." You note dismissively, turning to leave. "I believe there are bathrobes and towels about somewhere, and if the available guest clothes are unsuitable, some matter may be arranged with a tailor from the village.

... The next matter would be to check for mail. Alternatively, to prepare for a calm meeting should Eientei come calling, but the fact remains that it is not guaranteed that they will do so. They may have more pressing matters to concern themselves with at the moment, and it is not impossible that Tewi has failed to pass on the fact that Marisa could currently be considered in your employ, in which case they would not have reason to seek her here to begin with, assuming Tewi herself had not been crossed enough to reveal that information.

The golem steps through as you open the way, official looking letter in tow. It appears to have been delivered sometime last night as you slept, later afternoon on their time. You open it...

It is a request to meet with Remus and Dumbledore, as well as some acquaintance of theirs, at Alistairs abode, tomorrow at lunchtime. Rather later in the day here, of course... it seems rather presumptious of them, to invite you to meet someone at the house of one of your own potential minions, and signifies either great arrogance, to simply assume that you will accept the dictation of events, or great confidence, to walk with assurance into what could well be a trap prepared in advance, specifically for their demise.

Probably a portion of both are involved, as you are in Albus' employ for the duration, and so he is, technically, your superior. In any case, noon tomorrow, England-time. It should present no significant issue.

The golem returns to its position as you create two other, less permanent golems, to carry letters of their own. One to the little sister, to alert her that you have collected a gift for her. Another to first alert the gatekeeper that she'll need to bring Kirisame's collection inside, and then to continue on to Tewi, politely informing her of the situation and requesting that she intervene, if she believes it neccessary, at least until the witch's term of duty is up and you can wash your hands of the whole matter.

From there you re-read the report... Yuka-pattern and Reimu pattern, with multiple Marisa-pattern infants. The first two are reasonable, but it seems the latter will be difficult to salvage. Youmu-pattern: not acquired, but there is a note that the shopkeeper is both willing to part with it, and intends to permanently dispose of it, eventually. It will be mildly troublesome, but should be no issue if kept in isolation and silenced. In addition, she has assembled what you requested, and a pair of the dinosaurs you hadn't been quite serious about. Well, Flandre will enjoy one. Assuming it doesn't break at the first hug.

.... And she remembers to feed it.

In any case, the other matter remaining in the forefront of your mind, ignoring myriad other matters, is to determine what material each class should be instructed regarding. Again, however, your current selection of books does very little to specify which year of studies can be expected to be learning about what. Though your selected text is written with, it seems, the entire student body in mind, plus a little, it still does not hint as to which thing is suitable for which level of schooling, or is entirely beyond the standard curriculum.

You'll have to locate and acquire at the very least the 'standardized spellbooks' to set up a proper plan, unless you simply intend to use the text as a personal-study reference and go some other route with your lectures and instruction.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50123
Fuck standardized textbooks. Just hand each year's Ravenclaws their textbooks and let them decide where they should start learning. Problem solved.
>> No. 50124
[x] Get the Y-type and the new R-type sent to China, with a note that you might like some of their young.
-[x] Keep the M-patterns around, so you can study their hats' growth. How the hell does that work, anyway?
[x] Go to Alistair's, let him know of the meeting if he doesn't already, and take him with you to Diagon Alley.
[x] Locate and purchase standard spellbooks, as well as any other interesting books you come across.
-[x] Have Alistair load your purchases into a portal to your tower.
>> No. 50125
Kahi, I need to ask for something. If the letter was put yesterday on their time, does that means the meeting is today as Patchouli simply read the letter or did Patchouli read it and we saw the correct meeting time?
>> No. 50126
[x] Get the Y-type and the new R-type sent to China, with a note that you might like some of their young.
-[x] Keep the M-patterns around, so you can study their hats' growth. How the hell does that work, anyway?
[x] Go to Alistair's, let him know of the meeting if he doesn't already, and take him with you to Diagon Alley.
[x] Locate and purchase standard spellbooks, as well as any other interesting books you come across.
-[x] Have Alistair load your purchases into a portal to your tower.
>> No. 50127
>>50124
>>50126
Guys, it's the middle of the night in England. Anything that must be done there must wait until later.
>> No. 50128
Clarification-

Meeting time: Sunday, Noon england-time.
>> No. 50129
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Alistair. Daigon Alley. Books. Oh, wait. It's probably about 10 or 11 o'clock PM there. Never mind.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of the impending meeting, and instruct him to prepare appropriately.
-[x] Also inform him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that as well.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present. You might imply that you might have gotten the idea from Remi. It never hurts to be on a vampire's good side.
-[x] If Flandre is being... spirited, have Marisa play with her while you hide in the library do something more productive.
>> No. 50131
[X] Ask Dumbledore about years specific material at the meeting.
>> No. 50132
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Alistair. Daigon Alley. Books. Oh, wait. It's probably about 10 or 11 o'clock PM there. Never mind.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of the impending meeting, and instruct him to prepare appropriately.
-[x] Also inform him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that as well.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present. You might imply that you might have gotten the idea from Remi. It never hurts to be on a vampire's good side.

Haha Flandre resistant. Good stuff.
>> No. 50134
[x] Get the Y-type and the new R-type sent to China, with a note that you might like some of their young.
-[x] Keep the M-patterns around, so you can study their hats' growth. How the hell does that work, anyway?
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of the impending meeting, and instruct him to prepare appropriately.
-[x] Also inform him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that as well.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present. You might imply that you might have gotten the idea from Remi. It never hurts to be on a vampire's good side.
>> No. 50135
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of the impending meeting, and instruct him to prepare appropriately.
-[x] Also inform him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that as well.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present in person. You might imply that you might have gotten the idea from Remi. It never hurts to be on a vampire's good side.

Let's see what Kahi's Flandre is like, then.
>> No. 50137
[x]Put a ward or two on the dinosaur to keep Flandre from killing it too easily.
-[x]Hand deliver it to Flandre. If it turns out she enjoys the gift, then it's best if she identifies it with you.
-[x]Notify Sakuya of Flandre's new pet, so she can get her set up with food for it.
[x]Avoid being late to the meeting at Alistair's.
>> No. 50138
[x] Get the Y-type and the new R-type sent to China, with a note that you might like some of their young.
-[x] Keep the M-patterns around, so you can study their hats' growth. How the hell does that work, anyway?
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present. You might imply that you might have gotten the idea from Remi. It never hurts to be on a vampire's good side.

If the meeting is at Alistair's house, there's a good chance he already knows about it.
>> No. 50140
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present.
>> No. 50141
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of the impending meeting, and instruct him to prepare appropriately.
-[x] Also inform him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that as well.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present in person. You might imply that you might have gotten the idea from Remi. It never hurts to be on a vampire's good side.
>> No. 50142
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of the impending meeting, and instruct him to prepare appropriately.
-[x] Also inform him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that as well.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present in person. You might imply that you might have gotten the idea from Remi. It never hurts to be on a vampire's good side.
-[x] If Flandre is being... spirited, have Marisa play with her while you hide in the library do something more productive.

La la la. After this it is probably time to decide on the rough outline of our intended classes. We don't need to know the specific theoretical and practical skills required to devise approximately when to teach them for each year.

Personally, I'd recommend that younger students get more theoretical work done and older students get more practical work done. No point sending them to fight wossnames until we're sure they can beat wossnames. Older students should at least be able to use something like a cutting or stunning curse to get less familiar creatures to stop while they remember the specific methods they should use.
>> No. 50144
>>50142
First years, after a bit of practice, can fight weak things and theory alone won't help in a proper fight. Just give them something mostly harmless to beat, such as fairy maids or each other.
>> No. 50146
>>50144
I don't believe those fairy maids count as "harmless". Perhaps by the standards of Gensokyo, but not in the outside world. No way, no how.
>> No. 50149
[x] Get the Y-type and the new R-type sent to China, with a note that you might like some of their young.
-[x] Keep the M-patterns around, so you can study their hats' growth. How the hell does that work, anyway?
[x] Start up another batch of homunculi. A few more might be useful later, and it will be a pain to get the ingredients again at a later date, and they don't require any real attention while brewing.
[x] Send a note to Alistair, informing him of your intention of doing some shopping either today or tomorrow. His assistance will be required for that.
[x] If there is something you can do to make the dinosaur slightly more Flandre-resistant, do so.
[x] Give Flandre her present, preferably staying out of danger while you do so.

Let's go meet an insane vampire child who blows thing up accidentally, it'll be great I promise. Also, we've got to do SOMETHING with the newcomers.
>> No. 50150
>>50149

>insane

Subtle troll is subtle. I'll give you a 4 out of 10, try just a bit harder next time.
>> No. 50151
>>50150
I'm not a troll, just cautious. I suppose it may have been better to have said possibly insane, but whatever.
>> No. 50152
>>50149
Kahi's Flandre (>>48881) seems perfectly reasonable to me.
>> No. 50153
>>50152
Coherent, certainly.
I'm not completely sold on the "reasonable" just yet.
>> No. 50154
>>50144
I meant more that I'd make sure they can pass the "anti-wossname" spell test before I had them fight the wossname with years 1-2 or so, use the increasingly dangerous wossname as the test for years 3-5, and give them homework to research the wossname before telling them to beat it up when the homework is due for years 6-7.

Exactly which wossnames are moderately variable by year and class so you can't just ask your friend in a different house what he had to do for his class.
>> No. 50156
>>50154
This seems like an okay idea, and with us being a magical scholar, we probably have a good knowledge of appropriate creatures, or can easily brush up on them.

Only major problem I can think of, assuming we select creatures that won't get the students killed, is the matter of procuring said creatures.

There is a minor problem in that the book we chose focuses more on spells, and we may thus wish to select monsters weak to spells we'll be covering in the curriculum.
>> No. 50157
>>50146
They ARE used for Mansion defense if only for cannon fodder to try and slow down attackers in order for the non-fairies to get ready.

Although the mental image of a Fairy Maid in a cage match against a House Elf just amuses me. Almost as much as the Gelatin Arena does.
>> No. 50158
>>50156
What? No. If we're going to introduce beasts, we would want to bring spell-resistant ones to teach how to deal with them, not something they could easily deal with.
>> No. 50159
>>50158
Follow the comment chain. We're talking about first years. By all means throw big stuff at the older students, hell if we're having a particularly good day we can take them on ourselves (Whole class Vs Patchy, almost fair) but the fist years just need to earn how to apply what they've learned in the field.

On that note can I have a check about spell card rules. How does the "fighting game" variant protect against fatality. Could it be possible to use this as a last line of defense against accidents with hard hitters, might be helpful in the higher level practicals.
>> No. 50160
>>50159

Spellcard rules only apply in Gensokyo.
>> No. 50163
Damn, guess that means we can't "show" them Royal Flare and it's effects on the human body if one of them annoys us.
>> No. 50164
>>50160
Is there any reason we can't apply them elsewhere? All because they don't use them doesn't mean they can't.
>> No. 50165
>>50164
We can't.

The spellcard rules are only enforced in Gensokyo thanks to the Hakurei Boundary.

Only if Hogwarts is moved within the Boundary will spellcard rules be enforced upon it.
>> No. 50167
Actually, if you guys remember from thread 1, Patchouli mentionned in thoughts that the spellcards she had on her at Diagon would help keep her magic to non-lethat levels.

In any case, perhaps we can cool on what was discussed here and wait for an update before accumulating more posts?
>> No. 50168
>Hogwarts
>moved within the Boundary

Templates like that are forbidden. And Sakuya WILL kill you for giving her THAT much extra work.
>> No. 50169
>>50165
It seems like the spells bound in spellcards are either non-lethal by design or the process of binding them into a spellcard renders them non-lethal.
Either way it's the spells themselves that reduce the risk of injury, not some magical effect in gensokyo or the like.
>> No. 50170
>>50165
I have a crazy bit of an idea.
Hogwards, technically is inside it's own boundary - those wards surrounding castle grounds to repel muggles and unwanted visitors.
Say, if we managed to convince a certain easily bored yokai that changing properties of said poundary to enforce Spell Card rules for a year woul be a lot of fun...
>> No. 50171
>>50170
You do remember this is a school, right?

A school where part of the curriculum is combat magic?

Combat magic which would be unable to be taught if spellcard rules were enforced?

I hope you can see where I'm going with this.
>> No. 50172
File 132310308511.jpg - (203.34KB, 547x700, 7eb2fd2ad8d66d914aa2e5974f635286b71161ba.jpg) [iqdb]
50172
Well. No point in waking the witch or spider just yet, you suppose. The next most pressing matter...

Well, it doesn't hurt to have reserves. You should still have the vat and ingredients out, just over... yes, there. It's a moment's work to put the vat back properly together, and then a few minutes to mix things and pour in the key ingredient.

It's already begun to congeal to the point where pouring is difficult. You could still use some tomorrow, but you'd probably end up having to just drop the entire uncorked vial in, and retrieve it from the bottom later, assuming that it all bubbles out properly from the heating liquid it would be immersed in, and the vial doesn't manage to get itself lodged in a homunculus somewhere. If you want many more, you might have to consider setting up another vat or two. Well, plenty of time in the day.

You take a moment to pen out a letter to Alistair. He likely won't be awake to read it for hours yet, but there's no reason not to alert him in advance to your arrival, and someone will have to carry things around if you're going to buy books. You aren't sure whether conventional or magical disguises would be better to conceal Koa's nature, yet, and so this is the best alternative. Simple clothes and artful concealment have their flaws, but there might be a magic user capable enough to see that a magical disguise has been put into place... no, better to use Alistair for the heavy lifting.

And from here, the next step is clearly to inspect the gathered materials.

The gatekeeper has gathered them in the entryway by the time you arrive. The primers seem reasonable, and the specimens... Hm, the reptiles appear to be herbivorous in nature, after a quick inspection. Certainly not hunters. Well, at the least it means that they won't be foolish enough to mistake the little sister for food. As for the rest...

"For now, I'll have you mind these two." You say, nudging the adult Yukkuri. The gatekeeper seems ready to object, but you continue. "This one should be tractable enough, assuming Kirisame's reports are trustworthy. You may need to keep watch on it, in case it tries to die, of course... they do not take well to their appearance being marred. Shallow creatures. The other is, I am reliably informed, a decent gardening assistant."

".... Fine, then." She sighs.

"If they can be induced to breed..." You say, speculative but dubious. "I would like to inspect the infants. Of course, I am not holding out hope for this being a natural occurence. As I said, the creatures are shallow... it will likely avoid the other where possible, for the scars."

The gatekeeper grumbles, and is clearly still displeased with having to watch the things, but doesn't object as she carries them back out. Koa, for her part, is shortly there to carry the rest to the library.

You'll be keeping the young M-patterns around for a bit, yet, if only to study the growth of their headwear. There are perhaps a dozen individual ways the matter could in theory be accomplished, and any number of combinations of one part and another from two or more of those ways... it will be mildly interesting to see if you can lock down exactly how it works.

As for the dinosaurs, there is little you can recall to do to toughen living flesh and scales that would not run the risk of doing them harm in turn. You would have to rummage through your library for tomes, and it might not be wise. If Flandre were to be made aware that they were tougher than could be expected, it would likely encourage her to take just a little less care with them... and that could only end poorly. You fully expect this to end in an accident sooner or later in any case, but no need to push things along.

She's still not arrived to collect them, anyway. You don't doubt she'll be along once she's read the note, though, and it gives you time to consider if you want to give her both of them, or if you can think of a reason to keep the other for study.

.... The witch and spider are still slumbering. How lazy of them.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50173
[x] Prepare three enclosures, put one Marisa in each.
-[x] Separate one from its headwear, to check lack of growth when unattached.
-[x] Put a number of pins in the brim and pointy bit of one's hat to see whether they stay the same distance away from the base, and thus whether the hat grows by adding on to the end like a tree, or adding to the beginning like hair.
-[x] Let one keep its hat, and feed it different sorts of traceable substances to see if they end up in its hat.
[x] Just give Flandre one. Though you don't have time to experiment on it yourself right now, some scholar on the outside may be interested in it, and being owed a favor is nice.

I'm sure I'm missing something for us to do, but this is all I can think of for now.
>> No. 50174
>>50171
On the contrary - it would allow for much more practice sessions with less hospital wing time.
>> No. 50175
>>50171
Yes I was simply wondering into details, because not all attacks in the fighters are spell cards there must be another way to prevent fatality. I imagine the likes Suika more then capable of shattering skulls with a simple punch or swing of her gourd and many not card attacks can be filed as "undeclared magic", so cards may not be necessary.

How non-card related effects are enforced and how an official duel is started in the first place is not covered in canon or this story and while the barrier may have some place in this it pre-dates the spell card rules by along time, so it may not be. It may be someone who knows the proper spell can invoke a field enforcing the rules even outside the barrier. If this was the case then activating this alone could be a lesson (even if you have to do what they want the magic stops them from killing you) and a useful countermeasure against death eaters.

This really needs clearing up in story.

[x] Prepare three enclosures, put one Marisa in each.
-[x] Separate one from its headwear, to check lack of growth when unattached.
-[x] Put a number of pins in the brim and pointy bit of one's hat to see whether they stay the same distance away from the base, and thus whether the hat grows by adding on to the end like a tree, or adding to the beginning like hair.
-[x] Let one keep its hat, it's the control blob.
[x] Just give Flandre one. Though you don't have time to experiment on it yourself right now, some scholar on the outside may be interested in it, and being owed a favor is nice.
[x] Remind oneself of the details of action-type spell card rules and whether or not they could be applied outside, and if so how useful they could be to teaching before we start losing threads to this argument
>> No. 50176
>>50175

Just drop it. Nobody wants to get into the realm of fanfiction by seeing every student coming up with their own spellcards. Spellcard rules only apply in Gensokyo. Lets just leave it at that
>> No. 50177
[x] Prepare three enclosures, put one Marisa in each.
-[x] Separate one from its headwear, to check lack of growth when unattached.
-[x] Put a number of pins in the brim and pointy bit of one's hat to see whether they stay the same distance away from the base, and thus whether the hat grows by adding on to the end like a tree, or adding to the beginning like hair.
-[x] Let one keep its hat, it's the control blob.
[x] Give both to Flandre. You don't have time for experiments and it would be hard to explain how you got hold of one if given as a gift outside.
[x] Got add a flap on the mail slot at the tower. That should remove the need to open the door for the golem to do its job.
[x] Come to think of it, check on the golem outside. May as well know if the matter with Mitsuru is over.

I don't know what the hell you guys want to do with spellcards for lessons apart from more laughs, but I see nothing beneficial coming from this and want none of it.
>> No. 50178
>>50176
>Get into the realm of fanfiction

This is a fanfic and you're a goddamn pretentious liar if you think otherwise.
>> No. 50179
>>50176
Beyond the obvious hypocrisy nowhere did I say anything about the students getting spell cards. I was simply gathering information as to if the spell card rules as a frame-work (particulaly the no-fatalities part) to work in our favor.
>> No. 50180
lets not give one of the blobs to flan it's a wast of perfectly good research material

as for the dinos... they shoot lazers maybe we should keep one
>> No. 50181
If it's possible to fire hex-danmaku, I'm voting to punish kids with it. Dodging certainly is part of dark arts defense~
>> No. 50182
>>50180
We only saw a big predator shooting beams. I very much doubt two small herbivores have lasers too.
>> No. 50183
[x] Prepare three enclosures, put one Marisa in each.
-[x] Separate one from its headwear, to check lack of growth when unattached.
-[x] Put a number of pins in the brim and pointy bit of one's hat to see whether they stay the same distance away from the base, and thus whether the hat grows by adding on to the end like a tree, or adding to the beginning like hair.
-[x] Let one keep its hat, it's the control blob.
[x] Give both to Flandre. You don't have time for experiments and it would be hard to explain how you got hold of one if given as a gift outside.
[x] Should add a flap on the mail slot at the tower. That would remove the need to open the door for the golem to do its job.
[x] Come to think of it, check on the golem outside. May as well know if the matter with Mitsuru is over.

Seems good to me.
>> No. 50184
[x] Prepare three enclosures, put one Marisa in each.
-[x] Separate one from its headwear, to check lack of growth when unattached.
-[x] Put a number of pins in the brim and pointy bit of one's hat to see whether they stay the same distance away from the base, and thus whether the hat grows by adding on to the end like a tree, or adding to the beginning like hair.
-[x] Let one keep its hat, it's the control blob.
[x] Give both to Flandre. You don't have time for experiments and it would be hard to explain how you got hold of one if given as a gift outside.
[x] Should add a flap on the mail slot at the tower. That would remove the need to open the door for the golem to do its job.
[x] Come to think of it, check on the golem outside. May as well know if the matter with Mitsuru is over.
>> No. 50185
Kahi, you should give the readers some sort of direction in choices. At least two, preferably more, potential routes. Because with letting the readers choose everything, you pretty much guarantee that this CYOA will not go anywhere. Judging by the recent slowdown of updates, it looks like this is already happening. Maybe 3 choices, and one write-in. Or something like that.
>> No. 50186
>>50185
>this CYOA will not go anywhere
We're going to buy books later today so we can figure out what we're going to teach. The main reason we're not doing anything NOW is because the guy who's gonna hold everything is asleep.

>recent slowdown of updates
It's a slowdown from roughly an update a day. It's more likely he has stuff to do in real life or something.
>> No. 50187
>>50185

Why would you vote to limit voter freedom? If the masses are voting for useless side quests, that means we want to read useless side quests.

So nice try Hitler, but you can take your Nazi agenda to some other thread.
>> No. 50191
>>50186
He's writing 3 stories and the slowdown in all of them is noticeable, we'd be lucky if he didn't quit some or all of them.

But I think there should be some choices as mainly suggestions than hard choices... it may help focus anon. Unlimited freedom is not a good thing as either chaos erupts or it scares the writer/voter in question.
>> No. 50193
Kahi is already focusing the story through events like the meeting with Dumbledore. railroading~
>> No. 50194
If I'm not mistaken, the first batch resulted in 12 homunculi, of which one has been incinerated for the greater good, and Koakuma has appropriated one, leaving 10. I'd kind of like to have at least 1 available for each year/house (28 total), to allow for maximum flexibility.

[x] Since we have time, prepare one more vat of homunculi -- that should be plenty for anything we might want to do with them.
[x] Might as well experiment on some yukkuri until Flandre shows up. (See above votes for specifics.)
[x] If Marisa and the spider are are not willing to get up by the time Flandre arrives, douse them with cold water. The spider already has a task. Marisa can either brew more potions or play with Flandre, her choice.
[x] Flandre can have both dinos, but it might be a good idea to invite Sakuya to observe, as she is likely to be the one that winds up actually caring for them (for what little life remains to them).
>> No. 50197
>>50191

Who the hell cares how fast he updates his stories? Kahi's writing on this site is a privilege, not a guaranteed right where you get to complain if he isn't updating fast enough.

>Unlimited freedom is not a good thing as either chaos erupts or it scares the writer/voter in question.

Ok now you're just pulling bullshit out of your ass to make it seem like your first post wasn't retarded.

At this point i'm convinced you're just a troll who's intentionally threadshitting because you have nothing better to do. As such I have nothing more to say to you. I hope you have an excellent day, sir
>> No. 50198
>>50197

Actually, no, I'm not. He is a completely separate person. Although I suppose with Anonymous as a blanket name it's had to tell.
>> No. 50199
>>50198
Don't worry about it. It's just that guy who keeps claiming posts by different anons were made by the same person. Happened to me already on three or so separate occasions in these threads. I stopped bothering to argue about it after the first one.
>> No. 50208
File 132332142363.jpg - (170.35KB, 850x708, sample-2839d121b77f7e9f57eab2b057d87bec.jpg) [iqdb]
50208
Well, for now, you'll leave it lie. You'd rather not face interruptions or random banter at this point in any case. You head to inspect the young, peering through the cage at them. It looks like they've begun to rouse themselves from slumber, glowering around at the unfamiliar surroundings with their best defiant scowls.

Then one screams at you, followed by the others, and a soft weight on your head indicates that they aren't the only ones who have begun to rise.

"For Rachel?" She asks curiously, peering down past your hat.

"I'm afraid not." You reply, reaching down into the container and carefully removing one of the gibbering siblings. A thought goes to tainting its food with tracable chemicals, but you've already determined prior to this that whatever they eat is converted to filling identical to their own, chemical composition and tainting immaterial. In any case, it will serve well enough as a control specimen, displaying progression of growth when un-tampered with.

The next, you create some deliberately shiny pins, and stick them through the hat, ignoring the thing's complaints as you do, then form it a tank of its own. The last has its hat removed entirely, and its howling drowns out that of its sibling as you pin the garment to a bookshelf nearby.

.... You're sick of the wailing. It takes some effort, and the use of your wand, but you silence the lot. It might be interesting to see exactly how long it takes before they grasp that you aren't just ignoring them, you aren't hearing any of their whining. Or until they figure out none of them can hear any of the others, either.

A soft 'clink'ing noise is all the warning you have to alert you that the little sister is here, and may well have been for some time. You turn to address her, then look up. She's standing upside down, heels set firmly into the underside of the top shelf of a bookshelf, uncaring of the fact that her skirt hem has begun to ride down a little.

"Are these my pets?" She asks, turning curious eyes toward the tanks.

"Experimental subjects, for the moment." You reply. "If you would like them, you will have to wait until they are of no more use to me. No, your pets are this way."

Flandre hums slightly, but drifts away from the shelves, following you as you head back to the caged lizards. You open the cage and lift one out, and she pulls it from your hand almost fast enough for the scales to shred through your skin. She squeezes it happily to herself, still upside down.

"It's cute~" She declares, and you wince as you hear creaking of bones about to give way, and the creatures own dismayed cries.

"They're both yours." You say. The thought strikes you that perhaps you should imply Remilia is the source of the gift, but that won't work at all. The elder vampire had made no secret of her decision to stop buying living pets for her sister after the last time she had had to console her in the wake of accidentally popping a puppies head off, and hadn't shown any hint of changing her mind in that respect.

Actually, you think it would probably have been a good idea to run the pet matter by her first, as she might be vexed enough to make you deal with it if Flandre slips up and misjudges her strength on these. And you aren't sure you'd survive one of the little sister's usually quite literally bone-crushing hugs if she latches on to you in a state like that. You'll just have to hope that dividing her joy between two subjects at once is enough to make it survivable for them.

Her eyes are sparkling, which you suppose is a good sign. You step away anyway, partially to attend to re-stacking the booklets, and partially to remove yourself from close enough range for potentially lethal affection to be focused on you. It isn't as though you dislike the girl, or believe it's likely she'll fail to mind herself, but you can't really be faulted for not sticking your head in the lion's mouth either.

"How big will they grow? How long will it take? Will I be able to ride them?" She asks, pulling the other out of its containment and ignoring its own visible distress.

"Unknown, exactly. Unkown. And unknown." You answer. "You would have to make such inquiries of the witch, I did not collect them personally."

"Marisa is here?" She asks, not seeming to have noticed before. She floats over to harass the witch, dropping her cargo on her slumbering form and prompting an outrush of air.

"Heeey~" She says, smiling widely. "You found these? How big do they get?"

"Dunno... Mama wasn't around, while I was there." Marisa rasps, carefully levering herself up. "Different one was pretty big, though. I guess, big? ... Why are you upside down?"

"I thought I should look at the mansion from a different point of view today." Flandre replies, airily. "... And Big Sis'd get mad if I flipped the mansion over, so there wasn't much other choice."

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense." Marisa agrees, seeming to follow the logic of it easily enough.

You take a moment to step out through the portal, and make a quick renovation to the mail-chute. A heavy flap on the outside... it should be enough to keep your experimental subjects from escaping. They aren't generally known for prodigous feats of strength. And while you're out, it isn't like it matters where you are when you check on your golems, so you peek in on the one you've given to Mitsuru.

It's busily chewing the throat of a plumply overweight fellow with a bad comb-over, in Hideo's office. Both he and she seem pleased enough with this, so you suppose that it would be the execution of the man that's been troubling them. A chipped knife, fallen to the floor, shows how they arranged for this particular end in spite of your construct having been given orders only to defend her, and not to attack of its own volition or follow another's orders.

An innovative work-around, though not without risks. You see no reason to interfere, yet.

Returning, you find that Marisa has stepped out of the library, likely to take advantage of some manner of available facilities, and the lizards are temporarily being ignored by the little sister, in favor of picking up and closely inspecting...

You should really have put those sample vials somewhere out of both sight and reach, once you were through with them, rather than just leave them sit alone on their own table. You can immediately see several ways this might go, and 'well' is not one of them, particularly if Remi ever hears of it. The question, now, is how, exactly, you're going to get that little vial out of her hands and put away.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50210
Well, crap. This could go bad or worse depending on interference from Marisa or Koakuma.

[x] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[x] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[x] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then ask for the one she's holding last.

All I got. Also, while I hope the triceratops survive to an appreciable size, Remilia will be less than thrilled to know two herbivores with monstrous appetites now inhabit the mansion grounds.
>> No. 50211
[x] "Think fast!" Toss a convenient object at Flandre.
>> No. 50212
[x] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[x] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[x] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then hold out your hand for the one she's holding last.
[x] Change the subject.
-[x] "Now, you remember not to hug these too hard, right?"
[x] If Flandre becomes bored and wanders outside the library, and it's not time to go shopping for books, go study the magic bullets Marisa got.
-[x] If there is nothing you can learn from them, collect some paste from Patchurri and head out to the gatehouse and inject it into the Y-type, if Meiling would prefer that to trying to get it to breed with the scarred R-type.

Just act like it's natural for her to be giving you the vial and it should work. Hopefully.
>> No. 50213
[x] suddenly brake out into dance
Because a dancing patchy would funny awesome

[x] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[x] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[x] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then hold out your hand for the one she's holding last.
[x] Change the subject.
-[x] "Now, you remember not to hug these too hard, right?"
>> No. 50217
[X] "Oh Flandre, did I neglect to mention the EXTRA special gift I got for you?"
[X] Give her a golem thrall, except enchant it so it yells "I LOVE YOU!" upon being hugged.
>> No. 50218
[x] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[x] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[x] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then hold out your hand for the one she's holding last.
[x] Change the subject.
-[x] "Now, you remember not to hug these too hard, right?"
>> No. 50219
Hooo boy....what would the mistress of the house do to us if we force her to give Flandre The TALK?
Well, best we avoid that.

[x] Distract her with something shiny (illusionary butterflies)
[x] In moment of distraction: make the samples vanish via spell (disintegrate, teleport whatever gets them far away in an instant)
>> No. 50221
>>50213
>[x] suddenly brake out into dance
>Because a dancing patchy would funny awesome

No. Just... no.

LOL SO RANDOM is never funny, and you should actually feel kind of stupid for suggesting that.

Unfortunately, I suspect that you'll only feel angry that I reacted "harshly" to what you see as a "harmless joke," and will remain unable to see that it wasn't a joke because it was dumb, unfunny, and unwelcome. Actual jokes are none of those things.

It's not the first retarded goddamn thing I've seen people in this story suggest, and rather than just idly watch idiots continue to do this, I've decided to say something about it. I am not blowing things out of proportion, and my actions are not unjustified: you have failed to read the mood, failed to read the atmosphere, and failed to understand what does and doesn't constitute mature behavior on this site.

Please understand this, reflect on this, and change the way you conduct yourself, or simply ignore it, and continue to be one of several childish idiots who do not belong on this site.

Also, it's "break."

tl;dr, grow up or get out, and never do shit like this again. This goes for all of you who write SO FUNNY!!1 votes that I would expect from a seven year-old.


...Almost forgot to vote, too.
[x] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[x] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[x] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then hold out your hand for the one she's holding last.
[x] Change the subject.
-[x] "Now, you remember not to hug these too hard, right?"
>> No. 50222
File 132334694671.jpg - (75.75KB, 450x413, mad-on-the-internet-cut.jpg) [iqdb]
50222
>>50221
Wow I really hope this well written troll otherwise really now.
>> No. 50223
>>50222
Delicious point-missing.
>> No. 50224
>>50222
Did you read the picture you posted? Couldn't you just have posted a good old fashioned UMAD and been done with it? You wouldn't have made yourself look like quite as big an ass if you had.

The vote in question, and several like it in the past are not just subjectively bad. They are truly, objectively, horrible votes. The kind of shit you'd expect from an underage first week visitor to /b/ and thus something that needs to be firmly discouraged.
>> No. 50225
Not really it was a ridiculous amount of irritation about a single semi-bad joke. Randomness jokes can sometimes be funny and the mood here isn't really that terribly serious. Not to mention Kahi as a interesting habit of writing Patchouli dismissal of strange and/or close votes which are often fun to read. I really don't see the point in being 100% straight laced serious about everything. Especially if it's not completely serious story to begin with.
>> No. 50226
>>50213
>>50222
>>50225

Are the same person and my brother, who I told not post the first one like that. The rest of you lay off, I'll deal with him so let's stop cluttering up thread.
>> No. 50228
[x] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[x] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[x] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then hold out your hand for the one she's holding last.
[x] Change the subject.
-[x] "Now, you remember not to hug these too hard, right?"
[x] If Flandre becomes bored and wanders outside the library, and it's not time to go shopping for books, go study the magic bullets Marisa got.
-[x] If there is nothing you can learn from them, collect some paste from Patchurri and head out to the gatehouse and inject it into the Y-type, if Meiling would prefer that to trying to get it to breed with the scarred R-type.

Because Flandre is going to leave eventually and we need to do SOMETHING then.
>> No. 50229
[x] "Flandre, this is human seed. You are not supposed to have contact with it, much less play with, before Remilia finally consider you an adult."

It's ok, i'm a psychologist, expert in ancient old vampires.
>> No. 50230
>>50229

It seems you are implying that Remilia does not concider Flandre an adult. I'm going to have to ask for a:

[citation needed]

on that one.
>> No. 50232
>>50230

Don't be an ass.
>> No. 50234
>>50232

I'm not being sarcastic at all. She is half a century years old. There is no reason why Remilia, or anyone for that matter, should still concider her a child.
>> No. 50235
>>50234
First off, it's spelled consider. That red squiggly line means something is misspelled.

Second, Flandre doesn't know not to squeeze her pets too hard, and thus they keep dying. This is rather immature, yes?
>> No. 50236
>>50234
>I'm not being sarcastic at all.

I know. That's why you're being an ass.

But if you need this so much, then fine. Because of the few times Remilia and Flandre showed up in this story, there isn't actually much as evidence, or whatever. I'm more based on most fandom interpretation of their relationship (lol, fandom), but there is also this:
>The elder vampire had made no secret of her decision to stop buying living pets for her sister after the last time she had had to console her in the wake of accidentally popping a puppies head off, and hadn't shown any hint of changing her mind in that respect.

Buying pets is what you usually do for your children. Promising someone to never buy a pet again, is also something you usually do to children.
>> No. 50237
If it's anything like I've seen in Kahi's other works, Remilia and Flandre's relationship dynamics are.... different, to say the least.
>> No. 50238
[X] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[X] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[X] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then hold out your hand for the one she's holding last.
[X] Change the subject.
-[X] "Now, you remember not to hug these too hard, right?"
[X] If Flandre becomes bored and wanders outside the library, and it's not time to go shopping for books, go study the magic bullets Marisa got.
-[X] If there is nothing you can learn from them, collect some paste from Patchurri and head out to the gatehouse and inject it into the Y-type, if Meiling would prefer that to trying to get it to breed with the scarred R-type.

I kind of like Flan's upside-down logic; it feels like something she'd actually do. Change your perspective and reality changes, and all that.
>> No. 50243
Mmm... Just passed my mind, but we may want to go see Hideo and Mitsuru later to at least reprogram the golem. Since it's set to act like a guard dog, it's probably following her around and won't stop until told otherwise by Patchouli. Not exactly good if you want to, say, go take a walk.
>> No. 50244
Boy and to think people bitched about the folks that read Demetrious' story when some of the folks I've seen in Kahi's stuff are worse.
>> No. 50274
[x] Tell her it's an ingredient for making Homunculi.
-[x] If asked what, say it's needed as a template for them to take form.
-[x] Move to put away the remaining vials as you explain this, then hold out your hand for the one she's holding last.
[x] Change the subject.
-[x] "Now, you remember not to hug these too hard, right?"

No untruths and has a decent chance of working. Good enough for me.
>> No. 50282
[x] Tell Flandre that the vials contain avian fecal matter of a rare bird, and she should put them back as to not make a stinking mess and ruin her dress.
>> No. 50295
>>50237
How so?
>> No. 50297
>>50295
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6036571/15/Away_to_Neverland

Can't remember the context in which I made the comment, but here you go~
>> No. 50301
>>50297
>Flandre sagged slightly, the first hint of actual surrender, and Remilia swooped in for the kill... Ranma nearly flushed, and felt like he should turn his eyes away, that he was, somehow, intruding on something private as their lips met, and Flandre seemed to slowly melt into a weak-kneed puddle of submissive obedience. Remilia shifted her hands, sliding her face away from Flandre's and down to her neck, tongue trailing... then bit. Flandre gasped... then actually began to moan softly, as Remilia drank deeply of her, re-establishing dominance and the hierarcy, as her hands...

...I like this relationship
>> No. 50302
>>50301
Probable Different universe

Get your head out of the gutter
>> No. 50303
>>50297

Oh snap! Someone finnaly posted a link to Kahi's other stuff. I've wanted this for a while now, but have been too much of a beta faggot to actually ask.
>> No. 50304
>>50303
I'd been holding off for a while due to him adopting a different pseudonym for this site, but as the connection came out a while ago I figured there's no harm in it now.
>> No. 50308
>>50304

Personally, I would have asked him first before doing that.
>> No. 50311
>>50308
Think he already said he was Chibi-Reaper in a previous thread. Not really hard to Google it or plug it into FFN from there.
>> No. 50312
>>50311

Not him. Another Anon did.
>> No. 50315
File 132400039253.png - (1.48MB, 1000x1415, GUESSWHATIFOUND~.png) [iqdb]
50315
"That is an ingredient for crafting Homunculi, a substitute for the more common key material." You say calmly, as you walk over slowly and check the container to be sure that that is the only vial missing.

"It's a magic thing?" Flandre asks, not seeming really surprised, as she toys with the object.

"Yes. It's required to give them something to pattern themselves after." You say, holding out a calm hand for it. She ignores it and purses her lips in thought.

"What's a Homunculi?" She wonders aloud.

"A false-human: flesh given form, but without soul to motivate it." You answer apprehensively.

"Oh? What's the normal ingredient?" She presses on, still unwilling to simply let go of the vial.

".... Blood." You answer flatly. "In general, the wasteful expense of an entire living human's supply of it is required."

.... One thing Flandre is not, is unintelligent. Blast. You can almost see the dots connecting and wheels turning in her head already, and then it clicks together, and an amused look crosses over her face.

"Ahahahaha~ This is-!"

"Yes. It is." You grind out. "And I request that you return it."

"Who would have thought~" Flandre continues, almost singing the words. "Patchy, of all people, keeping a box-full of this, in snack-size bottles~"

"It is an alchemical ingredient." You stress.

"I think I'll keep this as a memento~" She says, ignoring your reasonable explanation of the matter.

"It has a number of magical purposes." You insist.

"In what? Sex magic?" Flandre leers.

"Yes, as I recall." You admit. "Pointless wastes of time and energy that most of those are. But it also has uses as an easily replacable substitute for a number of ingredients, which the harvest and collection of is generally quite final. In many cases, it is more potent than the original substance as well. Admittedly, however, most situations do not commonly require such ingredients or substitutions."

"Easily replacable~ I'll bet~" Flandre smirks, ignoring the parts of your argument she isn't interested in recognizing. "And if it's not so regularly needed, why do you have a box full, hm?"

"Koa went overboard in collection." You say.

"...." Flandre frowns a little. "Oh. You sent her out to get it?"

"Of course. You expected otherwise?" You say.

"I guess... well, kind of more 'hoped'. I just had this graaand picture of little Patchy in a pair of spectacles, snapping on a silky glove, and requesting that her donor please remain still as she milked his glands for what she needed~" She hums, then sighs. "And now it's just shattered. So sad~"

"And why should I bother getting involved, when I have Koakuma to tend to such errands in my stead?" You point out.

"Hoo... So cold~" Flandre says.

"So your sister has said, on multiple occasions." You reply. "You still haven't returned that vial."

"Hmmm.... I think I'll still keep it~" She says, tucking it away. "A memento of broken hopes and dreams~!"

"Fine, do as you please. I couldn't possibly have used it all before it spoils anyway." You grumble, giving up on getting it away from her. You could try taking it by force, of course, but you don't see that turning out particularly well today. And Flandre has always been more impulsive and unreasonable than her already impulsive and unreasonable sister.

"You could always-"

"Whatever your suggestion would have been: no." You deny immediately and without reservation. "In any case, you recall not to hug your pets too vigorously, correct?"

"Heey, I'll be careful." Flandre says, sagging a little in midair. Somehow. "You don't have to imply that they won't survive the night."

"Perhaps." You say. "In any case, I believe that someone should make arrangements to keep these fed."

"Oh! I'll go find Sakuya!" The little sister cheers, zipping out of the room, ignoring that she could have just called her and waited.

You suppose they both enjoy the simple matter of tracking her position down. In any case, it's fortunate that while she is not unintelligent, Flandre is rather easily distractible. She'll be back later, no doubt, as she's left her pets behind. Hopefully, in the meantime, she'll forget to remember what that vial contains and where she acquired it. It's not likely, but one can always hope.

For the moment, you'd like to get more details on what, exactly, Marisa has 'borrowed' from Eientei, as details in her report were extremely vague. It can wait, though, you are in no mood to go hunting the halls for her when she'll return eventually, and you've matters at hand to experiment with.

Alice, of course, would be the obvious choice for breeding experiments to begin with, but the question would remain as to whether you should include the Y and scarred R pattern in the experimentation, and how many doses of insemination filling should be collected, and where it should be applied. Depending on whether mammalian or stalk-method births would be preferable, as well... Well, for an experiment such as this, there would be something to be said for jumping directly in with both feet and preparing six samples for both varieties of pregnancy on all three subjects. Possibly more, presuming that you can assure yourself that your arrangements can keep up with the requirements of sustaining a second stalk, as well as internal formation of infants.

... Probably unlikely. Simply two sets of pregnancies apiece would be difficult enough to keep up with, you suspect that Remilia would have words for you if you drove her servants to distraction with more than that. As well, you're uncertain on two matters: firstly whether the yukkuri have something resembling souls, and secondly whether Koakuma could be entrusted with harvesting this material without harvesting that as well, if it exists. It may be wiser, despite things, to simply undertake the matter personally, as the specimen itself is of some interest, due to the traits you would be attempting to breed for. Not disposable, like random riff-raff from Outside. Marisa would probably object, but perhaps you could make the spider do it. Maybe.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50316
[x] Undertake the matter personally.

Heh. Nice Flandre.
>> No. 50318
[x] If it is possible to store for an indefinite period, collect insemination filling from all yukkuri kinds excepting Rachel.
[x] Handle this personally - missteps can ruin the entire experiment and explaining how not to misstep is too bothersome not to do it personally.
[x] Breed one litter of Reimu and Yuuka - we can use the Reimus and 'bad' Yuukas as disposable experimental material and keep the 'good' Yuukas as gardening assistants.
>> No. 50319
I'm surprised we haven't hit Autosage yet.
>> No. 50320
[x] If it is possible to store for an indefinite period, collect insemination filling from all yukkuri kinds excepting Rachel.
[x] Handle this personally - missteps can ruin the entire experiment and explaining how not to misstep is too bothersome not to do it personally.
[x] Breed one litter of Reimu and Yuuka - we can use the Reimus and 'bad' Yuukas as disposable experimental material and keep the 'good' Yuukas as gardening assistants.

Makes sense.
>> No. 50321
[x] If it is possible to store for an indefinite period, collect insemination filling from all yukkuri kinds excepting Rachel.
[x] Handle this personally - missteps can ruin the entire experiment and explaining how not to misstep is too bothersome not to do it personally.
[x] Breed one litter of Reimu and Yuuka - we can use the Reimus and 'bad' Yuukas as disposable experimental material and keep the 'good' Yuukas as gardening assistants.

Oh such delicious Flandre.
>> No. 50322
[x] Ensure the MK-types are concealable and won't freak out all the yukkuri the next time they come out of the enclosure.
[x] If it is possible to store for an indefinite period, collect insemination filling from all yukkuri kinds of which you have an adult.
-[x] Try spells designed to keep food fresh.
[x] Handle this personally - missteps can ruin the entire experiment and explaining how not to misstep is too bothersome not to do it personally.
-[x] Don't let Flandre see you.
[x] Breed one litter of Reimu and Yuuka.
-[x] Give the Yuukas to Meiling as gardening assistants, but take one to be raised in the lab. You're interested in how innate their gardening skills are.

The scarred RH-type was nice enough. We ought to give her babies a fair chance.

Also, I'm interested in how much of the gardening stuff is innate to YK-types, and how much is gotten from a parent. For instance, go they instinctively garden, and only violently defend them because they've been taught? Or perhaps they started out claiming areas of abundant plantlife and protecting them, until some learned to make their own greenery? It's probably all instinctual, as this is yukkuri we're talking about, but it could be interesting to check.
>> No. 50323
updates used to be much more frequent, but now things have slowed to a crawl. I guess Kahi burned out with all those rapid updates or something.
>> No. 50324
>>50323

What are you talking about? He has been updating daily, unless he needed to do something important. Like finals.
>> No. 50325
[x] Have Koakuma check if yukkuri have souls to be harvested. Yes, she may harvest one of them, preferably a bodiless Remirya.
>> No. 50326
>>50325
Assuming that succubi are even interested in whatever pathetic shriveled thing that yukkuri call a soul, why bother stressing out our rare specimens when we'll have much more expendable Reimus in a day or so?
>> No. 50327
>>50326

A blob remirya? Not that important. Pathurri and Rachel are the ones worthy of note.
>> No. 50328
>>50327
I agree,but I doubt either Patchuri or Rachel will be pleased to see their child/sibling being fed to a succubus. Considering their increased intelligence compared to other bun-critters and the Patchouli's poor constitution, that much stress can be outright dangerous to them.
>> No. 50329
>>50328
Depends. If one goes insane or becomes badly wounded we could test it as the others will judge it's damaged form as "UNEASY" and quickly shun it or in the case of the Remilia's probably swarm and kill it.
>> No. 50331
>>50329
Some yukkuri are smart enough to recognize their relations even without accessories. Plus, both Patchurri and Rachel should be smart enough to recognize that a blob Remilia is missing and be stressed out about that. Not to mention that Patchouli made a vague promise along the lines of not harming them without cause.

Besides, what's the point of feeding Koakuma a yukkuri's soul? We could get her to verify whether it exists but what do we get out of feeding it to her?

On a side-note, I could not care less what we do to a damaged and rejected Remilia so long as we don't deliberately set out to do that in order to pick up an experimental subject.
>> No. 50333
>>50331
Rachel is very intelligent even for something bred from a patchouli type. She'd quickly recognize it as her sibling. I cannot predict about how much she'd care for her sibling though.
>> No. 50336
>>50331
To see what happens. FOR SCIENCEMAGIC!!!!
>> No. 50338
>>50324
The I guess my sense of time has become warped then.
>> No. 50340
>>50338

Maybe it has. You know how it is when time stopping maids feel like having fun.

Well, either that or you haven't been following Doll's Quest.
>> No. 50341
File 132428176599.png - (119.35KB, 500x500, fc9bbe469da344dbcdc06fe821ad3c61.png) [iqdb]
50341
No, best to handle this matter personally. You shift, and then call the adult of interest away from the group.

"Rachel, go play with your siblings. It's time for the spider to tell stories, I believe." You order.

"Uwah... but-" It complains.

You're unyielding, though, and it floats off to join the approximation of scholastic instruction that has been cobbled together. The P-pattern looks somewhat wary.

You collect your gloves, and then after a moment's though, send Koakuma for a pair of small basters or syringes, whichever would fit the purpose better. You could collect more samples, of course, but you don't see any immediate use for them, and you don't really know how they'll keep. In point of fact, you aren't sure what the difference is between the insemination filling and normal filling. It could last roughly as long as human seed. Or it could last indefinitely, or simply become normal and inert filling after too long a period. You hadn't felt the need to study this in depth, before.

"What does miss need?" The P-pattern asks, slowly.

"It's time for experiments to begin." You say, without bothering to disguise or sugar-coat the matter. It swallows, then nods.

"What does Patchurri need to... do?" It asks.

"For the moment? Just sleep." You instruct, drawing strongly on the Moon.

Its eyes flutter. Then they drift closed, and it almost falls completely over before Alcyoneus reaches down to pick it gingerly up. You wave the golem over to a suitable table, and collect the equipment from Koakuma, before ushering them both off.

The matter isn't exactly difficult. Simple application of pressure and friction in the correct areas stimulate the expected physiological responses, and it's not long before one of the syringes is set aside, prepared for use. The second one takes a little longer to fill, as the subject insists on squirming and trembling in its sleep, but the second sample joins the first in due time.

Setting its clothing back in order, you decide to leave it asleep for the moment, though you do go ahead and shift the lunar energies away again, enough that it can wake. Then you step out.

Meiling doesn't seem particularly focused on keeping an eye on the two yukkuri in her care. At the moment, she's on duty, guarding the gate, and leaving them to their own devices. The Y-pattern seems delighted by all the vegetation, though it seems aware that part of the garden has been recently damaged and fixed, and it seems to be trying to do something to conceal whatever subtle oddities it's noted, and speed regrowth. The scarred mother, however, is just sulking quietly in the shade.

"You two. Come here for a moment." You call.

Neither seem particularly pleased at the summons, either because they feel they have better things to do, or because they dislike being drawn out of their miserable stupor. No matter. You aren't really interested in discussion, anyway. The two of them are asleep before they have a chance to begin voicing questions or complaints.

You take a moment to consider, as you prepare the first syringe. Stalk-method would only require an injection in the forehead... no. Internal birth is a superior method for this test, even if locating the pin-prick opening of a fully contracted birth canal takes a bit more effort. More births means clearer numbers to consider, though you will have to consider, later, if stalk-births might bear a different ratio.

It still only takes a few moments to inject the substance. By that point, their ludicrous fertility all but ensures that they have been properly impregnated. The only remaining thing to do in that regard is to wait. You tuck the used syringes away and allow the mothers-to-be to awaken.

"That will be all." You say, ignoring the confusion clear on their faces as you step back inside, where your eyes are sheltered from the glare of the morning sun.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50342
It was a pretty good idea to head Yamame read to the yukkuris. Mabye the next side quest thread should be a yukkuri field trip.

Patch-Patch still needs to come up with some suitable bribes/special incentives for the other teachers correct?

[X] Start thinking about bribes to ensure you get prime teaching hours.
-[X] Maybe Tewi can help with this?
-[X] Kidnap Alistir Yukari-style, after going to your tower of course. No need for holes in the boundry.

Alistir went to Hogwarts, he should have some idea what the teachers want.
>> No. 50343
[X] Start thinking about "introductory gifts" to ensure you don't get any trouble from the staff at that wizarding school.
-[X] Tewi should be well-versed in the general art of bribery. Request pointers.
-[X] Make inquiries with Alistair regarding what he knows of the rest of the staff, specifically what might be good "gifts" to keep the lot of them off your back. If he complains, remind him that you paid out a considerable sum to keep him on retainer.
[X] Look into acquiring some non-Koakuma assistants to serve as Dark Arts for the students to Defend themselves against. As useful as horribly lethal beasts may be for that task, a sentient assistant would bring the benefit of not being horribly lethal.
-[X] Perhaps that fool ice fairy or one of her friends would be close enough to the students' level.

Let's get ready to fulfil our contract. We're losing focus on proper preparations with all of that yukkuri nonsense (aside from Rachel, who would make an awesome shoulder pet).
>> No. 50344
>>50343
I'll be blunt. Cirno is WAAAY out of most student's leagues and unless convinced to use spell cards will likely give an entire class frostbite with very little effort and may be hard to control without generous application of fire. Might be best to start smaller, like a common fey or a maid or simply wait until later in the year where you can be more confident in their abilities before bringing resident through.

[X] Start thinking about "introductory gifts" to ensure you don't get any trouble from the staff at that wizarding school.
-[X] Tewi should be well-versed in the general art of bribery. Request pointers.
-[X] Make inquiries with Alistair regarding what he knows of the rest of the staff, specifically what might be good "gifts" to keep the lot of them off your back. If he complains, remind him that you paid out a considerable sum to keep him on retainer.
[X] Look into acquiring some non-Koakuma assistants to serve as Dark Arts for the students to Defend themselves against. As useful as horribly lethal beasts may be for that task, a sentient assistant would bring the benefit of not being horribly lethal.
-[x] Find something around the students level. Maybe ask Remi if you can borrow a fairy maid. (or just prepare to take one, It's not like they help keep this mansion running at all.)
--[x] See if an effect similar to spell card rules can be used to protect students from death without limiting their or their foe's attack options.
>> No. 50345
>>50343
Please, any named Touhou would stomp Hogwart's student body, a probably a good number of the teachers, into the ground with little efforts. The only reason that monsters like Cirno, Rumia or even Wriggle LOOK weak is because Reimu and Marisa are THAT ridiculously strong.

And that's not even taking into account that fairies and youkai with low intelligence/magic skills are crippled by the Danmaku system since it's entirely skill based, rather then power based. Cirno for example can wreck a lot more shit up in a straight up fight than she can at Danmaku.

Anyway...

[X] Start thinking about "introductory gifts" to ensure you don't get any trouble from the staff at that wizarding school.
-[X] Tewi should be well-versed in the general art of bribery. Request pointers.
-[X] Make inquiries with Alistair regarding what he knows of the rest of the staff, specifically what might be good "gifts" to keep the lot of them off your back. If he complains, remind him that you paid out a considerable sum to keep him on retainer.
[X] Look into acquiring some non-Koakuma assistants to serve as Dark Arts for the students to Defend themselves against. As useful as horribly lethal beasts may be for that task, a sentient assistant would bring the benefit of not being horribly lethal.
-[x] Find something around the students level. Maybe ask Remi if you can borrow a fairy maid. (or just prepare to take one, It's not like they help keep this mansion running at all.)
--[x] See if an effect similar to spell card rules can be used to protect students from death without limiting their or their foe's attack options.

Those sound like good ideas.
>> No. 50347
Dammit people. The snippet state clearly MORNING! SUN! at the end. It's still night in England and Alistair is sleeping.

And before deciding what we could set against them, we still need to know what they know first.

[x] You need to kill time before the sun is up in England. Consider doing more experiments or paying a visit to Hideo and Mitsuru now.
>> No. 50348
>>50344
>>50345
The wizards aren't weak, especially some of the faculty members. Just watch the later movies for an idea of some of the stuff they can do when they start getting serious.
I don't remember if there are any noticeable differences from the books, it's been ages since I read them but things like enveloping the whole school grounds in a shield that blocks magic and kills anyone who tries to cross or animating all the statues in Hogwarts to fight in its defense are pretty impressive even by Touhou standards.
Sure, Patchy is probably capable of equalling or exceeding that by herself on a good day but it's far from trivial.
>> No. 50349
[x] Make sure the YK-type won't kill its offspring, whether it be because it's unprepared for birth or because it doesn't remember making them. Trick it into thinking it made babies with whoever the father was and just doesn't remember if you have to.
[x] Whatever else wins.

The birth canal can apparently contract and kill the baby, even if the mother is expecting to go into labor. I'd expect an unprepared one to do worse. Additionally, the Yuuka expressed no remorse over the deaths of its Alice children that resulted from a rape. As from its perspective, this isn't too different, it may take action against its kids if it doesn't think they were its own choice.

Also, please forgive the 'whatever wins'. I'm posting from the 3DS web browser, which has no copypaste so far as I'm aware.
>> No. 50350
>>50348
And Cirno can hit people over the head with an ice cube twice the size of any student. Unless we can ensure non-leathality we can't risk letting that happen in class, Patchy may not be able to react fast enough to stop accidents on a bad day.

The teachers though should be able to contain low-mid level touhous, which thankfully includes most of the man-eaters while high powers are unlikely to go on a rampage in the fist place. That's not to say they won't cause trouble but as long as noone dies we're fine.

The only 2 Tohous i can think of who could threaten the teachers and be hostile to the point it would be a problem are Medicine and Yukka.

The problem with Medicine is that she hates humans and can flood the halls with toxic gas. The teachers could probably contain her with preparation, but the chance of fatalities is high as her poison is quite potent (badly affected Tewi, who as a yokai is much more resilient to poison then a human). Said gas also interfere with Patchys health (asthma...)

Yukka on the other hand may be calm at first, but 1 bad herbolagy session and hogwarts will have 2 new archways. Additionally not even Patchy can take her on safely due to her sheer power. It's almost certain we'd have to call in Reimu to shift her.

Thankfully they don't leave their home's much and Yukari is unlikely to open portals to them unless very annoyed.
>> No. 50356
[x]You have some time to kill, so do some preliminary research on other methods of imbuing magical potential into a non-magical subject.
>> No. 50357
>>50356
Please tell me this is not for what I imagine it is.
>> No. 50360
>>50357
Well, I was thinking back to that Courtesan and her desire for magic, and remembered Patchy being curious but unwilling to use the methods she knew, buuuut if you tell me what you're dreading I can add that to the list of reasons~

Of course, once an acceptable process is found and the kinks worked out, you know Rachel will be an excellent student~


Seriously freaking out the Blood Is Everything crowd would be a nice bonus, of course
>> No. 50362
>>50360
This is exactly what I didn't want to hear and it was more like completely unwilling to teach her at all. Go reread what she said, but this won't fly.
>> No. 50367
>>50362
What, the Courtesan? The main objections were using the currently known methods, which would either diminish Patchy's own magic, potentially send the courtesan to a tremendous skill level with no effort involved, or drive her insane/kill her. If a method was found that gave her a very basic level of power, requiring her to work for her skill, Patchy might be willing to test it out on her.


If it was for the Rachel thing, that was a joke
>> No. 50368
>>50347

What, is he going to be tired from a hard day's work? He's a damn jobless bum for Christ's sake. I say wake his ass up.
>> No. 50375
[x] You need to kill time before the sun is up in England. Consider doing more experiments or paying a visit to Hideo and Mitsuru now.

Only thing I've seen that make sense in the votes so far.
>> No. 50376
[x]Inform Meiling to at times monitor the Y-Pattern
[x]Return inside to check upon the status of the M-Patterns that were subjected to the experiment earlier (With the taking of their hats and such)
[x]Take notes if needed.
[x]Prepare for possible issues with the Hogwarts humans
[x]Make sure Flandre's new pets are not in a place where they may be targeted by the R-Patterns.
>> No. 50377
We still have, like, a bunch of people to warn about Yukari's shenanigans. Such as everyone on Youkai Mountain. Just tossing that out there.
>> No. 50378
>>50376
You're still on about bringing those things to Hogwarts for no good reason?
>> No. 50379
>>50377
Not top priority. The more fun Yukari's having, the less chance of something bad happening. Providing they won't cause serious trouble we can let it slide, and noone we can warn who we haven't already told will.

>>50378
What things? that post has no mention of sending things to hogwarts. while vauge "prepare for hogwarts humans" could mean simply putting something in place in case they find Yukari's portals.
>> No. 50380
>>50367
The main thing is that Patchouli has finished her business with those Yakuza. There's no reason to do anything with them anymore and she's a recluse. We got what we wanted, they got what they asked for in return and hanging out with someone who envies our magic and someone else who envies our closeness to Tewi is just asking for trouble. Plus, from Patchy's perspective it's time that could be spent experimenting, preparing for class, or reading our new books.

[X] Check on our various experiments (yukkari accessories, yukkari gardeners, our we letting the golems hang around forever or should be be finding them a place to go, ect).
[X] Start thinking about "introductory gifts" to ensure you get the schedule you want from that wizard school. We're rich and it seems our British cousins are poor. We can leverage that into a lack of protests about our flexible schedule encroaching on their plans.
[X] Tewi should be well-versed in the general art of bribery. Request pointers.
[X] Make inquiries with Alistair regarding what he knows of the rest of the staff, specifically what might be good "gifts" to keep the lot of them off your back.
[x] Also, see what he knows about what the general levels of the students should be at various years or can recommend for purchasing to help us along those lines. He was a great help in acquiring textbooks, after all.

Talking to Alistair should be last. If everything else takes long enough, maybe it'll be early morning over there. If not, oh well, we are the ones paying for his services.
>> No. 50383
>>50380
That... may not be true depending on something. Like I stated before, Patchouli gave no time limit on the orders for the golem. Given their low intelligence, it may follow her around all the time. Which would cause quite a scene in a public place. And Hideo will not risk his men to try to destroy it if it comes down to it, should it fight back.

At the very least, we should check the situation later.
>> No. 50407
Time-Skip til it's morning in Merry Olde Englande by doing magical studies set up?
>> No. 50414
File 132462336879.jpg - (99.07KB, 850x601, sample-fa764b5a2eefc62ced2e3459c69ab1a8.jpg) [iqdb]
50414
If the competition for prime times is as cut-throat as you are being led to believe, then you'll certainly have to arrange some manner of polite gifts for your fellow instructors. You'll have to figure out what their particular vices and weaknesses are before you can properly tempt them with them, of course.

Somehow, Tewi strikes you as a likely source for tips about this source of thing. You aren't sure when she'll be by, but you believe she mentioned something about 'a few days'. No point heading off to bother her now when she'll be coming on her own, sometime soon. Similarly, no need to steal Alistair out of his bed, when you believe you'll be visiting england during the daylight hours anyway.

But the thought of 'assistants' isn't without merit. Youkai would either have to be quite thoroughly bribed or equally thoroughly intimidated into playing along. And you're not convinced that the students can actually handle humanoid youkai. Considering that the mindless, bestial sort aren't what could be called reasonable...

Well, fairies are a much better idea. For the most part. You'll have to mind your wording, of course.

And how fortunate that fairies are at hand.

"You want what?" Remilia asks, tea cup midway between the saucer and her lips. "... Why?"

"... I want to make them fight the children." You half-explain, and Remilia's confusion shifts to interested curiosity.

"That would be interesting to watch." She muses aloud. "But I see no reason you can't kidnap your own troupe of fairies, or make some sort of arrangement. Why should I give you mine?"

"Lend, only." You point out.

"Details." Remi says, waving it off. "Let us discuss reasons, instead."

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50415
[x] You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting...

We'd have to clear it with Dumbledore first, of course. We'd have to do that ~anyway~
>> No. 50416
[X] Fuck you and the dragon you flew in on. I'll find my own fairies.
[X] Send out Yamame to catch some fairies.

She's a spider, i'm sure it wouldn't be to terribly difficult to catch a few.
>> No. 50417
[x] You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting ...
[x] Clear it with Dumbledore later.
>> No. 50418
[x] "Random fairies outo f the wild might end up either killing students on accident, or get lost and give nothing more than trouble. No, educated fairies are for the best, at least until the children learn how to survive by themselves."
[x] "You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting..."
[x] "I also plan on giving them a lesson on vampires, eventually, and there are few examples of proper vampires such as yourself. You wouldn't want to be seen without your army of servants, woul you?"
[x] "Besides, the
>> No. 50420
[x] You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting ...
[x] It also gives you a reason to show yourself to either praise them or scold them depending on how it goes and give you a chance to remind people of who you are if you want. They may be children, but I heard gossip travels fast at the school and I have no doubt that it would then spread to their parents.

I think Remilia need one more reason beside watching. A chance to make her name known again may be just what is needed.
>> No. 50421
>>50418
That may backfire if said in a way that seems like putting her like an exhibit on display. Better spin it as a guest lecturer instead I think.
>> No. 50422
[x] You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting ...
[x] And if their grasp of proper history is as poor as that other fellow's, someone might need to... fix that.
>> No. 50424
[x] You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting ...
[x] Clear it with Dumbledore later.

>>50421
This. The "guest lecturer on vampires" thing might get her to do it but it'd be our job to teach them how to defend themselves against vampires and I can't see Remi being happy about that.
>> No. 50425
>>50424
How to defend against vampires:

1. Avoid them.
2. Appease them.

That's all Remilia needs to know they need to know.
>> No. 50427
>>50424
While I agree that Remilia as a guest lecturer is not a good idea, I doubt that she'd care about kids being taught to escape or fend off vampires. Even assuming that she's the same thing as the vampires currently loitering in the Wizarding World (which isn't guaranteed due to how many different things are included under the concept of a human blood-sucking critter),it's like a military captain with multiple decades of live combat experience being threatened by some schoolkid learning a little martial arts in a somewhat dilettantish manner to fend off an unarmed mugger.
>> No. 50428
>>50427
It's more that we'd be making her seem less terrifying and unbeatable by explaining her weaknesses.
She is a very proud (and childish) creature after all.

As much as I'd like to see her in front of the students I can't shake the certainty that someone is going to make a disparaging remark about her to her face and then I don't know what will happen except it's not likely to be good.
>> No. 50429
>>50428
That or she goes on how she's still far better than them despite her weaknesses.
>> No. 50430
[x] I could record it for you using magic.
[x] And it's not like they accomplish much anyway.
-[x] If they actually do accomplish much: I'll make some golems to replace them.

Remilia in Hogwarts sound like it could end badly. Also, I don't remember if the fairy maids are actually effectual in this story.
>> No. 50432
>>50428
It'd be hilarious, for us that is. I imagine it'd be pretty horrible for the student and irritating for Patchouli though.
>> No. 50433
[x] "Surely even the weakest Fae in the mansion can take a few petty outsiders. Why waste an opportunity like this sending in wild fairies when We can show them just how much difference there is between yourself and them."
[x] "You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting..."
[x] If things go well I may even find time for a lesson on vampires. Of course you are no doubt alot greater then the specimens in the book, it would be a rare chance for them to see a Scarlet in the flesh.

Play her pride, I doubt she cares enough about the students to worry about them dieing. And a lesson on vampires would be fun if nothing else.

I wonder how well the students(much less the teachers) will react to a vampire walking around like she owns the place, or how long before some poor sap thinks he can take her and ends up in the hospital wing with an attempted darwin award.

Now if Flan was to find her way into hogwarts...
>> No. 50437
>>50418

It seems I have left my post incomplete. How embarassing.

Actually, more like forgot to delete the unimportant part, but it's still awful.
>> No. 50467
[x] "Surely even the weakest Fae in the mansion can take a few petty outsiders. Why waste an opportunity like this sending in wild fairies when We can show them just how much difference there is between yourself and them."
[x] "You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting..."
[x] If things go well I may even find time for a lesson on vampires. Of course you are no doubt alot greater then the specimens in the book, it would be a rare chance for them to see a Scarlet in the flesh.

Lets see how many youkai we can get into the castle without having them fall through the portals.
>> No. 50468
[X] You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting ...
[X] Make it clear she'd be an observer, not an exhibit.

While actually bringing her in to lecture would be hilarious and possibly even productive, my better judgment says to keep her at arm's length.
>> No. 50469
[x] "You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting..."
[x] And it's not like they accomplish much anyway.
-[x] If they actually do accomplish much: I'll make some golems to replace them.

She's already expressed interest, we don't need to resort to flattery, especially flattery that is clearly to support what we want. Of course, depending on how vain Remilia is, it could end up working anyway. I guess we'll just need to wait and see whether we get told off by Remilia next update.
>> No. 50486
[x] "You could come watch. You did say it would be interesting..."
[x] And it's not like they accomplish much anyway.
-[x] If they actually do accomplish much: I'll make some golems to replace them.
[X] Addendum: "I have some spare homunculi lying around if you want a little variety in your blood supply or need some toys." They're technically soulless automatons that happen to be made of flesh rather than people, so it's all okay.
>> No. 50488
File 132507447986.jpg - (194.60KB, 1069x1069, abbea96c20a0837bb71a756cfc6025c7.jpg) [iqdb]
50488
"As you said. I've no doubt it will be... interesting to watch." You repeat.

"And I intend to, whether you give permission or not. Unless you believe you can prevent me?" She says, smirking.

... You must admit, you somehow doubt you could. Perhaps if it was a simple matter of blasting the vampire into complacence, but with Sakuya's assistance, preventing her passage would take an inordinate amount of effort on your side of things.

"... Feh. Wild fairies are too likely to either injure students accidentally or to wander off unexpectedly. This is not unlikely with the educated ones either, but it is at the very least less likely. There is no point in capturing unaffiliated fairies, when any of the mansion could match a few outsiders."

"And yet, this is not a reason 'why I should lend my staff out', but an explanation of 'why you want them'." Remilia points out immediately, cutting through the fluff.

"I may also arrange an opportunity for you to speak directly with the students. Certainly, this would be an opportunity for you to set the record straight regarding historical matters." You muse aloud.

"And yet, it would also be a prime opportunity for your little fledglings to observe the majesty inherent in one such as myself." She counters, with no small amount of smugness. "Leaving you once again getting the better end of the deal by far, I believe."

.... How insufferable.

"And so, what might you be interested in, in exchange for this minor favor." You ask slowly, careful to downplay your interest. Not entirely untruthfully either: you still can always collect fae of your own.

"Oh, I believe there's any number of tiny matters that might make a suitable exchange." Remi almost chirps.

"If the fae are actually of use for housework, I can always craft golems to fill the gaps." You suggest, that smile worrying you just a bit.

"Oh, they're actually of some small help, though I'm told that the largest difficulty is in keeping them focused on the task at hand rather than leaving to pursue their own devices. However, I'm not particularly interested in such replacements for general staff." Remi says, dismissively.

"In addition, I have some number of spare homunculi."

"Feh." She interrupts. "You know full well that they are barely palatable, and entirely devoid of any sort of sustenance. In any case, I'm no more interested in unthinking lumps of mobile meat than I am in unthinking lumps of mobile stone. If you are quite finished with diversionary tactics?"

You shrug, ambivalently.

"Well. A small matter like this, hm. Unrestricted access to that aperture of yours would be sufficient. Or a measure of your own blood. Or perhaps a simple favor of relative equivalence, held in waiting for some future time, which you will not be allowed to refuse, hm?"

"... Hm. Blood would likely be the least potentially troublesome of these, for the future, troublesome as it might be." You say, not bothering to conceal your thoughts. "Though it will likely have more immediate concerns. A syringe would bypass any wounds that would need time to heal."

"No need for that... I would have it directly from the tap, as it were~"

"Hmph. You'll understand that I'd be willing to offer less volume in such a case." You point out dourly.

"But worth every drop~" Remilia says, slyly.

You're fairly sure she doesn't actually believe you'll give up your blood so easily. And in truth, the thought rankles. No, what she wants is the ability to come and go as she pleases, without having to work around you.

You can imagine all manner of trouble arising from that.

In any case, all options are troublesome. The blood, on a personal note, and free-travel as a worrisome matter that you'd rather avoid, if possible. The favor could be called in for either of these, equally, or anything else that might come to her mind. In short, every option Remilia has on the table for you is bad, to one degree or another.

Well, you don't really have many options, though. You're not sure you have anything on hand that she would take an interest in over any of those options. You can always kidnap wild fae, of course, but that comes with problems of its own to consider.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 50489
Actually, nix 'what do', didn't notice it was past autosage. Huh. New thread sometime soon.
>> No. 50490
How bout offering her outsider blood? We could give her a few students...I imagine it would be an interessing punishment for the worst students. Or a great motivation for the best students to keep their grades high.
>> No. 50492
File 132507923554.jpg - (142.52KB, 500x667, 67c73672212a9ef68fc4d9c667398755.jpg) [iqdb]
50492
No real anything to go into more detail on, at a glance.

Next thread is this way: >>50491
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x