- [Settings] [Home
[Show or hide post box]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Bottom]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (Reply to 49257)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • First time posting? See our frontpage for site rules and FAQ
  • Further overview of board culture in this thread.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 4096 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • View catalog

File 132036380061.jpg - (937.00KB, 850x850, sample_042a2603f367964f9744cba9c24e71fd609d718e.jpg) [iqdb]
49257 No. 49257
You are Patchouli Knowledge, a physically frail and sickly magician of profound aptitude and power. You live in the Voile Archives of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though you have constructed a tower elsewhere, without internal fixtures as yet, which you may or may not inhabit much. You are Friends with Remilia, the vampire who owns the mansion, who considers it entirely too much effort to try to feed off you. Your Magical Potency varies somewhat from day to day, depending on how long of an incantation you can manage before breaking off into a fit of coughs, and how much strain your body can handle in addition to the rigors of illness. You currently have a box of ninety nine vials of Medication stored in the library to offset the worst of the days, however, though it will later exact a toll, and your new Magical Focus eases use of magic to a significant degree. It seems that Luck can play a reasonable part in keeping yourself healthy, though effects may vary, as can the Hakurei Hot Spring.

Your magic is based on Elementalism primarily, though you are also skilled in Diabolism and Other Summonings, which can be surprisingly versatile, particularly in combination with Golems. You can also create Homunculi, if you have the materials to hand. You have the most important ingredient in stock, but it will all be useless after a few days, at most.

You have recently delivered a litter and dealt with related matters, as well as speaking to Keine who owns a possibly literal monster of a coffee machine, as well as Ran who you are currently sitting across a table from.

[ ] What do you do?
Expand all images
>> No. 49260
[x] Thanks Ran for her time and advice, return to Voile.
[x] If the Humonculus aren't done yet, start making appropriate defenses for the tower.
[x] Once the Humonculus are done, start testing the potions. Away from the yukkuris too, considering how you'll test them.
>> No. 49261
[x] Thanks Ran for her time and advice, return to Voile.
[x] If the Humonculus aren't done yet, start making appropriate defenses for the tower.
[x] Once the Humonculus are done, start testing the potions. Away from the yukkuris too, considering how you'll test them.
[x] Consider how to best handle the timezone transition.
>> No. 49262
for defenses:

[X] Shroud the surrounding area of the tower with a permanent silent selene. Those primitive wizards will be crippled if they can't actually say what the're casting.

That should keep out the students at least.
>> No. 49263
>>49261

You're not going to be able to take it easy until this timezone thing is addressed, are you?
>> No. 49264
>>49262
You do know that silent casting exists in HP-verse as well, right?
>> No. 49266
>>49264

Yes...what's your point?
>> No. 49268
>>49263
Actually, that's not me (from last thread), that's someone else.
>> No. 49269
>>49266

It's not going to do much besides stop some petty pranks. Why expand the energy to do something that would do little else?
>> No. 49272
>>49269

Nope.exe

"Some spells, such as Levicorpus, are easier to perform nonverbally than others. Most spells, however, seem to be less effective than normal when the incantation is not said. For example, the unnamed curse that critically injured Hermione Granger during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries might have been fatal had Antonin Dolohov not been silenced when he used it, according to Hogwarts nurse Poppy Pomfrey."

[Citation needed]
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Nonverbal_spell

So if Patch-patch every has need to actually defend her tower from wizards, their magic will be even less effective than it already would be.
>> No. 49276
[x] Thank Ran for her time and advice, then return to Voile.
[x] If the homunculi aren't done yet, start making appropriate defenses for the tower.
[x] Once the homunculi are done, start testing the potions. Away from the yukkuris, too, considering how you'll test them.

I just had a thought: would Eirin be interested at all in HP potions books? Although, Tewi's probably told her about Yukari's meddling already, so that removes a reason for visiting Eientei.

Maybe she'd have comments and data on yukkuri breeding? At the least, I'm sure as a scientist she'd be interested in our completed findings in a few months.
>> No. 49278
[x] Thank Ran for her time and advice, return to Voile.
[x] If the Homunculi aren't done yet, start making appropriate defenses for the tower, and leave a note for Albus to update him on the situation; ham it up a bit once the year starts, etc.
[x] Once the Homunculi are done, start testing the potions. Away from the yukkuris too, considering how you'll test them.
>> No. 49279
File 132037425553.png - (49.51KB, 222x160, YukkuriPachuri-.png) [iqdb]
49279
You're like an updating machine Kahl: everytime I check there's a new update.
Thanks.
>> No. 49282
Well, I think we've found out the reason Ran has ofuda on her hat. Pity it doesn't work.

[x] Thanks Ran for her time and advice, return to Voile.
[x] If the Humonculus aren't done yet, start making appropriate defenses for the tower.
[x] Once the Humonculus are done, start testing the potions. Away from the yukkuris too, considering how you'll test them.
-[x] If Marisa wants to help, allow her.
[x] Assuming there is nothing wrong with the first batch, tell Porphyrion to start thinking about what aspects of his new body he would like to request, and remind him that deviating too far from the normal human form may not be possible.
>> No. 49286
You know, even if it was good advice from Ran, I'm starting to think this may be something Yukari told Ran to say: it's either put on a show for her or she'll make the show. Either way, Yukari win by not being bored.
>> No. 49287
[x] Thanks Ran for her time and advice, return to Voile.
[x] If the Humonculus aren't done yet, start making appropriate defenses for the tower.
[x] Once the Humonculus are done, start testing the potions. Away from the yukkuris too, considering how you'll test them.
>> No. 49288
Those worried about timezones: it's been demonstrated that manipulation of the lunar elements can affect sleep. Perhaps It's possible that she could use it on herself too, to adjust to the time difference?
>> No. 49290
Hey, Kahi!

Where'd you get the picture for >>48813 ? IQDB and SauceNao don't turn up anything for it.
>> No. 49291
Some 'booru or other. Don't recall.
>> No. 49292
[x] Thanks Ran for her time and advice, return to Voile.
[x] If the Humonculus aren't done yet, start making appropriate defenses for the tower.
[x] Once the Humonculus are done, start testing the potions.

Considering how much time Patchy spends inside her cavern-like library I doubt the local day-night cycle has much effect on her sleeping pattern anyway.
We should keep a few homunculi to demonstrate the effect of various curses etc in class. It should be quite informative for the students (and probably freaking them out a bit as a bonus).
>> No. 49293
File 13203830795.jpg - (178.43KB, 420x560, 2c5ee071d480ce48671a53b1a1780b41.jpg) [iqdb]
49293
"I see. That should be all, then." You say, rising. Chen has been poking at the sleeping infant yukkuri for the past few minutes, sharp nails coming dangerously close to breaking the fragile skin-layers and letting the insides ooze out.

"They won't wake up." She sulked.

"They will now." You reply, as you pull the magic away and disperse it. They almost immediately begin to stir, the nudges from before having seemed to carry over. One opens its eyes.

"... Chake id eajy?" The little Marisa says, clearly confused.

Chen smiles. A wide, pleased smile that shows far too many teeth for most things to be comfortable with.

"We're going to have a lot of fun, aren't we~" She almost purrs.

"Wait to play with them seriously until after dinner is finished with, Chen." Ran says as the front door swings shut behind you, the last words you hear from inside the house.

You get the feeling that any fun that is to be had will mainly be had by Chen. Well, it's not like it matters much in the grand scheme of things, you decide, as you make your way out of the town. So big, and so empty. It's always such an annoyance to cross.

Once you're close enough to being outside of Mayohiga for portals to work properly once more, you return to Voile. Rachel doesn't spy you instantly, but once she does, she lifts off of the spider straight away.

"I still have other matters to deal with, little one." You say. "I won't be here for more than a moment."

She settles back down, seeming disappointed that she still can't come with you, and you move to the other area, with the standing pillar inside of the pillar, and the Alice, still sleeping. You should probably get to experimentation quickly, if you're going to do it at all, you reflect. But there are gestation periods to consider as well. Between sixteen and twenty four hours... The best time to begin the process would be a few hours before sun-down, then, and the earliest a litter would come out would be early morning, around dawn. A little later would be fine too, but too late, or too early in the day, and the risk would arise of the infants deciding the time was right while you were trying to sleep.

Well, you still have other things to do, though. You can handle the matter after that, or give the Alice a day or so to settle in before you start. For now, you have business at the Tower.

It is still unfurnished as you enter, but it only takes a moment for you to 'unlock' the basement and make your way to the top of the tower. And from there you set to work.

The first, very first step, is to call upon the Moon, enclosing the area in the silence of the deepest depths of night, hidden in the blackest of the voids between stars. You link it to a small orb, which you set inside a spire you draw up to jut out of the top of the tower. The interior remains unaffected. For some distance outside, however, the area is blanketed in absolute silence.

That will do for a start. You make alcoves next to the door, and draw up more and more stone, gathering it, compressing it, then gathering and forcing more together, until the density of the stone is far beyond anything that can reasonably be expected to be found in nature, and shape their forms to that of men, posing artistically in their stone togas within the alcoves, to all appearances mere decoration. They have their orders: they are to prevent all unauthorized entry, but are not to hinder anyone delivering something through the mail-slot.

... It suddenly occurs to you, with that command given, that there is no way that the messenger-gryphon golem can pass through the pillar or door any more than the yukkuri can, and any openings at any point will allow at least the R-patterns to reach the portal whenever the thought crosses their heads. At the same time, if the basement is completely sealed from the outside, to allow the Gryphon to come and go as it needs, then no mail will ever be delivered.

It is a conundrum that gives you some pause, before you resolve to set it aside and consider the matter later.

Ornamental lumps with flat tops jut out from the tower walls, after some consideration, and tiny stone figures take their place, posed and holding stone bow and arrows. You do what you can to alter the brittleness and offer some flexibility from the bows, threaded with metal wire in place of string, but there is little to be done there without making it clearly obvious that something is amiss. The arrows which they can fire will likely prove little more than a distraction, assuming that they are fired at all, and the bows do not crack and shatter when drawn.

In any case, this next one will likely give interlopers more pause, as you form beasts of metal beneath the ground, awaiting only your command to spring up and rend the enemy with their fangs and claws, or to let loose still more unpleasant surprises, the beams you have grown used to imbuing your creations with, or a searing gout of belched flame, a trick which takes some effort to work out, but should provide reasonable results.

You grow the winding vines up further still, and sprout thorns from them. It takes you only a moment, on good days, to create the plant life immediately, but it does no harm to have the material already there to be worked with.

Some time has passed, by the time you apply your last adjustment for now, shifting the windows into something more similar to the arrow-slits in a castle wall, suitable for an archer to hide behind and fire through while still remaining almost entirely behind protecting stone.

Yes, by this point, the tower is likely ready to keep out an outright siege, if pressed, though without actual archers to man those walls, it will not hold indefinitely, even with the portal in the basement to transport food in from a secure location.

... You feel a little foolish, actually, to go through this much effort. By this point, if there is anyone who would cause significant trouble for you to battle, then they would almost certainly be no more halted or significantly slowed by these delays than you would. It's exceptionally likely, however, that all but the most foolishly dedicated of students, and those studied far beyond your expectations of them, will be turned away by this much.

It's taken some time, though, and has wearied you a little. Yes, by now, it would be just around dinner-time. There should be enough time to eat a small meal, you decide, and perhaps drink a small glass of wine, before the homunculi are finished. You make your way back to the archive, pausing for a moment to seal the basement entrance behind you once you realize that you had nearly forgotten to do so before stepping into the portal, and then fly back to the main area.

You feel better once you've eaten, which in itself shows you that you were more tired from the exertion than you had realized, and make your way to the vat, floating the lid off the top to see that the fluid inside has all bubbled away, leaving behind a number of naked forms, lying at the bottom with empty eyes.

"Marisa, the healing potions." You instruct, as Rachel floats over to perch on the lip of the vat curiously. "You, keep away from that. It's likely harmless, but no point in pressing your luck, your kind are fragile. Alcyoneus, Porphyrion, attend me." You call out.

Rachel floats obediently to your side, and the Giants begin to make their ponderous way to you as you begin meddling with the empty husks lying there. Not too much, as yet. Just enough to make them accept and attempt to carry out commands you give them, like weaker golems crafted in flesh. You make an opening near the base of the vat, as Marisa returns with the potions.

"All homunculi, rise to your feet and walk to form an orderly line in front of me." You instruct specifically.

... Not quite specifically enough, as it turns out, as there ends up being something of a jam at the opening as every one of the mindless things tries to go through it all at the same time. That is quickly sorted out however, and they arrange themselves silently before you.

Their bodies are all properly formed, with no defects, but they would still have struck a viewer as odd, with perfectly blank and emotionless faces set side by side, each holding empty eyes. The simple way they moved would hit a note of wrongness as well, though it would take a viewer some time to realize that it was the lack of any innate care for their bodies that was setting alarms off. Not simply a lack of poise or grace, though there was that as well, but simpler things. Lurching motions, attempts to continue walking as normal even if a foot or arm had caught on something, the complete and utter disregard for any sort of pain, no matter how small or large. It would be a host of little things, combined into one unsettling whole.

"You." You say, pointing at one, then another of what you estimate to be approximately the same proportions and weight. "And you. Step forward four paces, and stretch your arms out to the sides."

They do so without complaint, onto the tarp that Koakuma has thoughtfully set out, having anticipated your actions, and Rachel peers at them with interest, though Marisa is deliberately looking in a different direction, away from all the blatant nudity.

"What's that?" Rachel asks. "Hanging there?"

"Sexual organs." You say without bothering to sugarcoat it.

".... Not all of them have those." Rachel notes.

"No, they do." You correct. "Merely not all of the same type. In any case, this is most likely a discussion saved for a better time."

Perhaps never, you reflect as the little hybrid pouts at being denied. On the other hand, however, you don't doubt that Koakuma will gladly step in to twist things if left too big an opening. Still, now is not the time.

"For now, return to the others." You instruct. "I am about to perform an experiment."

"But Rachel wants to watch." She says.

"No." You say. "Another, different one, perhaps. I'll consider it. For now though, return to the spider."

Rachel sighs, but grudgingly flaps away as instructed.

"... You stay, Marisa." You say.

"Oh, come on." She grumbles. "Can't you even put some pants on these things first?"

"Later." You say. "For now, they'll only get bloody and ruined."

"Those two, sure." She says. "What's stopping you from throwing towels over the others?"

"There is nothing to be shamed of or affronted by in the body of empty husks such as these, any more than in that of a bull or fish. They have no sense of modesty to protect." You say in disinterest, collecting a pair of vials. "But in any case, let's test these concoctions against one another. Alcyoneus. Porphyrion. Remove their arms, if you would be so kind."

Alcyoneus blinks, but otherwise has no remorse in doing so immediately. Porphyrion, for his part, looks slightly startled by the order, but then shrugs and tears off the other homunculi's outstretched limbs. Neither of the husk has even a moment of expression, or displays any kind of pain from the treatment, blood gushing and pumping freely from the ragged wounds as you usher the giants away and make first one, then the other, drink the contents of a vial, then step back to watch.

Bleeding slows and comes to a stop quickly, for both of them. The first, having taken the pink potion, does not seem to be healing quickly, though as you look away and then back after a few moments, you can see that there has been some regrowth, simply slowly. The second, by contrast, drank the more vibrant seeming red potion. This one, you can watch as the bone grows outward, muscles bulging and spasming and forming to attach themselves properly. In only a handful of minutes, the second's arms are re-formed completely, while the first has only grown back, in the same time span, stumps to nearly the elbow. Marisa looks a little smug, though she is pointedly keeping her gaze high.

"Looks like my recipe is winning the day." She says, almost smirking.

"In terms of damage repaired when compared to time elapsed, yes." You say. "Let us now consider side effects. Homunculus." You say, pointing at the first. "Answer my question to the fullest of your ability: are you experiencing any odd pains or sensations that do not seem related the the removal and current re-growth of your arms, or any other side-effects that are notable?"

"Negative." It responds, voice blank and monotone. "This one registers no abnormalities."

You nod and move your finger to point at the other. Its obvious that the answer will be different, as it is sweating heavily, and its eyes are dilated to the point that one can hardly see the iris at all, merely white, a thin line, then deep pools of blackness.

"I pose to you the same question. Answer it to the fullest of your ability."

".... I can see..... forever....." The homunculus rasps. "Seas and carpets of stars stretched out upon a horizon of infinite colors I cannot comprehend. There is a beast, composed of a thousand and ten thousand writhing tentacles, set with uncountable gnashing and howling maws. His great, lidless eye has turned upon me. He speaks into my mind, offering me whatever I might desire if I will but follow him into a land of shadowed dreams and there perform for him a simple task."

"Oh, that guy." Marisa says in disinterest. "Most of that is a hallucination. And that guy's a complete dick. He won't follow through on anything he promises. Don't bother listening."

"Ten thousand tongues rising up in unison to sing a beautiful, terrible, and discordant melody... a.... ahgah... khk... ... kpfakl..."

"Yeah, so, this can happen sometimes." Marisa admits grudgingly, as the homunculus attempts to continue accurately describing what it is currently experiencing, but breaks down into gibberish as it begins to lose motor function, collapsing to the ground. "It'll pass in an hour or three."

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49294
[x] Furiously take notes concerning the effects of mind-expanding substances on a mindless being.
- [x] Make a note to find a human -- or other non-Marisa entity -- to do this to also, as a control.
- [x] Yes, you and Koa know that guy too. Mostly Koa. He is a dick, isn't he?
- - [x] ... he'd get along fascinatingly with Yukari. We must introduce them.
>> No. 49295
...

[x]Stick with the weaker potion for now, though allow Marisa to try to tweak future batches so that they're stronger, but without the potentially mind-scarring hallucinations. She's free to continue referencing out of the book you had her get the original formula from.
[x]Talk with whichever giant it was that wanted to give being stuck in a homunculus a spin, hash out the details of what they want included.

Eh, all I can think of at the moment.
>> No. 49297
IE IE
>> No. 49298
>".... I can see..... forever....." The homunculus rasps. "Seas and carpets of stars stretched out upon a horizon of infinite colors I cannot comprehend. There is a beast, composed of a thousand and ten thousand writhing tentacles, set with uncountable gnashing and howling maws. His great, lidless eye has turned upon me. He speaks into my mind, offering me whatever I might desire if I will but follow him into a land of shadowed dreams and there perform for him a simple task."

>"Oh, that guy." Marisa says in disinterest. >"Most of that is a hallucination. And that guy's a complete dick. He won't follow through on anything he promises. Don't bother listening."

>"Ten thousand tongues rising up in unison to sing a beautiful, terrible, and discordant melody... a.... ahgah... khk... ... kpfakl..."

>"Yeah, so, this can happen sometimes." Marisa admits grudgingly, as the homunculus attempts to continue accurately describing what it is currently experiencing, but breaks down into gibberish as it begins to lose motor function, collapsing to the ground. "It'll pass in an hour or three."

Marisa+Chulhu=BAD THINGS.

[x] Realize that Marisa contradicted herself: first she said that the entity the golem saw was a hallucination, then she said "don't accept any deals from it."
[x] Furiously take notes concerning the effects of mind-expanding substances on a mindless being.
>> No. 49299
>>49296
>[x] Realize that Marisa contradicted herself: first she said that the entity the golem saw was a hallucination, then she said "don't accept any deals from it."
No. She said most of what was being seen was a hallucination.

The disconcerting thing, I think, is that it seems Marisa knows he won't keep his end of the deal from experience.
>> No. 49300
>>49296
Marisa said "most" of that is a hallucination. She never claimed that everything the homunculus was experiencing was hallucinatory.
>> No. 49301
>>49299
Well, we can ascertain from the fact that Marisa is alive and mostly sane (not to mention the fact that the universe is still in a state compatible with humanity) that He Who Watches is probably not all that malevolent, dickish though he may be.

So:

[x] Furiously take notes concerning the effects of mind-expanding substances on a mindless being.
[x] Use the stronger potion unless the homunculus's condition deteriorates further or does not wear off within six hours or so.
>> No. 49302
>>49301

Wait, just reread Marisa's comment. Change "six hours" to "three hours, as Marisa said."
>> No. 49303
(...while an eavesdropping Yukari mutters, "I wonder if she's talking about Uncle Cyaegha?")

Well, both potions seem suitable for use on students. Good! A every-day version with minimal side effects and one for emergencies. We can have Marisa make more later.

[x] If you are not completely drained yet run one more quick errand: drop into Daigon Alley and collect a selection of texts from other fields, to fill in the gaps left by the defense books you have read.
-[x] Marisa can play porter for you, if you don't feel like just levitating the books.
-[x] Then assign Koakuma to start summarizing, similar to the defense books. Keeping her busy means less time for her to corrupt... well, anyone else nearby. If Marisa is looking idle, get her to do some work before bed as well.
[x] Start planning Porphyrion's body, with the intention of working on it tomorrow.
[x] Sleep!

The time difference would work in our favor at this time, as it should be about mid-afternoon in Scotland, and it should be a relatively quick and painless trip. (And that would be one more thing off our list.)
>> No. 49305
[X] Compare total elapsed time for the slower potion to heal someone utterly vs time for the 'hallucinations' to wear off.
[X] Consider using a creature with a mind for a control. Marisa seems fine with the side effects.
[X] Talk to golem that wanted Homunculus body.
[X] ponder class schedules some more
[X] Sleep
>> No. 49306
[X]Figure out something entertaining to do tomorrow to keep Yukari happy. Another outing, perhaps?
We did want some more books, to determine where our students should be.
>> No. 49307
[x] That sounds like several entities you know of. Cyäegha fits the description the best, though.
...and yes, it is indeed a dick. Both you and Koakuma know this from experience during a summoning experiment.
.... Coincidentally, it is afraid of Flandre now.
[x} It occurs that students may have questions after class has ended. With your tower so inaccessible, you may need to setup an "after class" hour or to to deal with these students. Or have the golems admit students into the tour during that time.
[x] Marisa's employment will soon be up. Time now to see to the Anti-Marisa defenses. Perhaps move it outside of normal spacetime? Of course, this then depends on Sakuya's ability to defeat Marisa, and while you do not doubt her capability, she is always so busy...
...Maybe a blackmail threat concerning her underwear?
>> No. 49308
Oh gods. Gensoukyou v. Lovecraft. The fabric of reality curses you.

[x] Furiously take notes concerning the effects of mind-expanding substances on a mindless being.
- [x] Make a note to find a human -- or other non-Marisa entity -- to do this to also, as a control.
- [x] Yes, you and Koa know that guy too. Mostly Koa. He is a dick, isn't he?
- - [x] ... he'd get along fascinatingly with Yukari. We must introduce them.
>> No. 49310
[x] Hug Rachel goodnight.

Too cute.
>> No. 49311
[x] Double-check to make absolutely sure we don't have a certain kirin trapped in a gelatinous state and stuffed inside a small decorative box somewhere in our private effects.
[x] Make sure Marisa hasn't stolen it either.

Do NOT want horrible Outer God Yuuka to deal with in this CYOA, thankyouverymuch.
>> No. 49312
>>49311
Ugh. You're making me ashamed to like that story.
>> No. 49313
[x]Realize that Marisa has just said that some creature(you assume to be malevolent)is not wholly a hallucination, and Marisa once made a deal with it.
>> No. 49314
[x]It will take some time for the homonculus to recover. Finish your business in Diagon Alley(books).
>> No. 49315
[x]Realize that Marisa has just said that some creature(you assume to be malevolent)is not wholly a hallucination, and Marisa once made a deal with it.

I like this better than her already knowing about it - having the good sense to stay away from the Outer Gods.
>> No. 49316
[x]Stick with the weaker potion for now with a few doses of the stronger potion for emergencies, though allow Marisa to try to tweak future batches so that they're stronger, but without the potentially mind-scarring hallucinations. She's free to continue referencing out of the book you had her get the original formula from.
[x]Talk with whichever giant it was that wanted to give being stuck in a homunculus a spin, hash out the details of what they want included.
>> No. 49317
[x] Furiously take notes concerning the effects of mind-expanding substances on a mindless being.
- [x] Make a note to find a human -- or other non-Marisa entity -- to do this to also, as a control.
- [x] Yes, you and Koa know that guy too. Mostly Koa. He is a dick, isn't he?
- - [x] ... he'd get along fascinatingly with Yukari. We must introduce them.

Given that allowing the messenger golem passage will allow anyone that can fly to get to Hogwarts, I fully expect Rachel to sneak into class at some point. Hilarity will ensue when the students notice she resembles Patchy.
>> No. 49318
[x]Stick with the weaker potion for now with a few doses of the stronger potion for emergencies, though allow Marisa to try to tweak future batches so that they're stronger, but without the potentially mind-scarring hallucinations. She's free to continue referencing out of the book you had her get the original formula from.
[x]Talk with whichever giant it was that wanted to give being stuck in a homunculus a spin, hash out the details of what they want included.

Looks like someone failed their sanity roll.
Also, poor Rachel, she only wanted to watch.
>> No. 49319
>- [x] Make a note to find a human -- or other non-Marisa entity -- to do this to also, as a control.

You do know that if Patcholi does this and owrd gets out, she will have an irritated shrine maiden on her case?
>> No. 49320
>>49319
Not if we word it as a work opportunity. Then it'll be the human's own fault for accepting the job of guinea pig.
>> No. 49321
So find someone who recently lost a limb and thus can be coerced into testing the potion. Shouldn't be to hard to find someone who is willing to risk it for the benefits promised.
And since there will be a willing agreement, there should be no problems with the Shrine.
>> No. 49322
Would a healing potion heal yukkuri? I don't want Patchurri or Rachel to get scarred like that one yukkuri that killed itself did.
>> No. 49323
Unless I'm wrong, we just made an area of magical silence on school grounds. This seems likely to piss some people off. We may wish to turn it off unless or until we have need of it.
>> No. 49324
>>49319
>>49320
I'm sure Hiseo might have a few subjects he'd be willing to donate to our experiments.
>> No. 49325
Didn't the whole point of using humonculi was to test without bringing trouble on us? The potions will work fine, let's get to work on something else.

[x] Solve the conundrum. Make some sort of chute to bring the mail deposited by the slot down to the basement and add some sort of door that only open from one side and will close by itself after mail passage (probably at the slot itself).
>> No. 49326
[x]Talk with whichever giant it was that wanted to give being stuck in a homunculus a spin, hash out the details of what they want included.
[x] Koakuma may participate in shaping the body. It doesn't matter is she influence him in how he wants the body.
>> No. 49329
[x] Ask Marisa what kind of tasks it required of her.
[x] Solve the conundrum. Phones were small and wire-less now, weren't they? Look into how those would work, perhaps your yakuza acquaintances can help.
>> No. 49330
File 132043483475.png - (191.51KB, 373x323, don'twannagetup.png) [iqdb]
49330
You mentally note the effects of the potion as you glance to the other Homunculus. Its rate of healing has slowed down drastically: it seems that either this potion has some difficulty with elbows specifically, or joints in general. There are a number of joints from the wrist on. You'll have to keep that in mind, and note how long it takes it to finish compared to how long it takes the other Homunculus to finish its current episode.

Considering the matter further, you frown. As a practitioner of summoning magics, you are not unfamiliar with categories of beings which you have labeled as 'Generally too much trouble to bother with'. This sounds like a particularly troublesome sort to deal with. Many of these are worshiped as gods by those few who come across their existence, though they aren't in the sense you are familiar with, or they would have significantly more compunctions regarding immediately killing and/or devouring the entirety of the cults which spring up around them. Even so, not the sort of thing you generally want to bother meddling with, even if your health happens to be absolutely exceptional at a given time, and you can force them to comply for a time. Lesser things are usually far simpler to deal with...

Ah, yes. You recall that a number of lesser beings tend to flock around the greater ones. As if responding to your thought, the Homunculus' eyes begin to glow a dull brown and begin bleeding, lurching into an attempt to skitter at you like a spider. You cut your losses and destroy the possessing entity, along with the body it is inhabiting, with a gout of flame that might have been taken from the core of the Sun itself, instantly searing both to ash.

"... Yes, I recall I had mentioned that Homunculi are ideal in some ways, because their empty shell leaves them open to being inhabited by outside influences, where a normal human would be reasonably protected from such things, already having that space 'filled', as it were." You note.

"Yeah, that was new." Marisa admits.

"I believe it would probably be best not to give any more of that potion to Homunculi. In any case, I believe you hinted you had made a bargain with this entity?" You note.

"Ah... yeah. He had me smear mud on this... thing, not sure what it was. Might have been an altar." She muses. "... But once I was done, he started laughing and threw me out of dream-land, and suddenly I was naked in the middle of the village. Absolute dick, like I said. Never mind what I was supposed to get out of it, I didn't. You would not believe what I had to go through to get out without being seen." She grumbles.

"I'm sure." You say flatly. "In any case, I think I'll rely on the weaker potion for now, and save... your special brew... for emergencies. If you wish to attempt variations of it to enhance the effects, that is fine."

"Nah, I'll pass." Marisa says. "Stuff is surprisingly delicate. My potion? Half of what I put in it was poison. Most of it deadly poison. It all reacts with each other so that one of them counteracts some of the bad bits of two or three other different ingredients, with some help from the not-poison parts. Screw up the ratio, and whoever drinks it will have their brain melt into thin goo and pour out the holes in their head, or worse, before they kick it. I can fiddle with the recipe, but a lot of what it's throwing together is pretty neutral stuff with no side effects of its own, and what isn't is really mild and counteracted by what is. I can think of a couple tweaks to it off the top of my head, but one will leave you blind for a couple days after drinking it, and the other has about even odds of pushing your guts into starting to digest themselves. Nothing that can't be fixed, but that takes more stuff, with more side effects."

"It sounds complex." You say indifferently. "Do as you please, then, the original recipe will remain suitable. You are free to reference from that book alone, if it is required. Porphyrion. I hope you have come to a conclusion regarding your desired form?"

"Some of these are close to being suitable." The giant says, eyes passing over the Homunculi, lingering on some and passing over others without hesitation. He all but ignores the six remaining males outright, focusing instead with some consideration on the four females. "Yes... hair white as fresh-fallen snow, with eyes dark as charcoal, and the figure of a nymph of the waters. Slender and lithe... that would be ideal, I believe. What extra strength of muscle might be afforded by such a form would be a pleasurable bonus, but it is not the focus of the matter."

"That note, you mind if I take this one?" Koakuma says, already fitting a collar around the neck of one of the smaller, less bulky males. Not a moment of hesitance to see if you will allow it. Well, more are planned in any case. "Nothing to taste inside, but I can think of a few uses for a meat-puppet."

"Do as you please." You say in disinterest. "Clear up the mess left behind here, though. The removed portions are useless, magically speaking, and the blood spilled is of no value either. Remi has tried, and failed, to extract any sort of sustenance from these sort of things. I'll need to have Sakuya come up with... boxes, or something, to store the rest of them in, likely in some state of suspended animation. No point in wasting food on them if I have no other specific use in mind for them, yet."

It takes a little time, but the arranged storage is very much like a number of coffins, inside of which the homunculi will 'sleep' until they are opened and needed. You can 'program' in responses to actions and false personalities, or leave them blank, at your leisure. For the moment, they are stacked neatly in the back of a large closet. The injured one seems to continue healing slowly even in this state, and should be restored by midnight, or dawn if your suppositions regarding the joint-issue are correct.

For now, though, the only thing remaining is the experiment on the Alice. However, on reflection, if you craft Porphyrion's body tomorrow, then you will need the entire day to be almost completely uninterrupted. Having to deal with a birthing process would most definitely be a significant interruption, and if you begin with that now, the birth will almost certainly occur while you are in the middle of handling the body-construction. You simply remove the magical energies from it and let it sleep normally, for now. You'll probably have to find something for Marisa to deal with as well, to keep her occupied while you focus. Perhaps you can send her to make some kind of purchase from that shopkeeper: she seems to be reasonably well acquainted with him, or there might be some other errand you can send her on. No point in trying to obfuscate matters, either, she's just sharp enough that it should be obvious you simply don't want her underfoot at the moment. You can probably just give her a time to be back around.

That's to decide in the morning, however. Now is the time for sleep. You dimly notice Rachel flapping in to settle on top of your sheets as you doze off.

---

The day is Aug 26, 6 days to term.
It is Friday: Day of Metal
-- Yamame, luck+5, Medicine Backlash-9
Your health level is 40/100: Worse than average. You wouldn't mind staying in bed at all, though you can walk around and perform normal functions. Your stomach may violently protest too much activity, however, and your throat is aching and sore.

---

You blearily drift awake. You can feel the hybrid sleeping, pillowed on your chest, but can't quite muster up the inclination and energy to remove it at the moment. You can feel blood pulsing through your eyeballs, and your mouth feels dry and fuzzy. Magnificent. You can't quite recall exactly what you had planned for today. Something about the vat. Right, Porphyrion. He wants to be a little girl. You can arrange this. Once you muster up the willpower to move, at least. It may take you a few moments.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49331
[x] Medicine.
[x] Order Marisa to do the most interesting thing she can think of that doesn't involve bothering you. Mention loudly that anyone watching might prefer following her today.
[x] Make Porphyrion the little girl.
>> No. 49333
[x] Medicine. This isn't even a choice, given what lies ahead.
[x] Check up on the various Yukkuri. In particular, given your tasks for the day, you'll want to find something to keep Rachel out of your hair. (No pun intended)
[x] After meals, get to work on that customized homunculus.

Man, Rachel is just too moe~
>> No. 49334
[x] Medicine.
[x] Order Marisa to do the most interesting thing she can think of that doesn't involve bothering you. Mention loudly that anyone watching might prefer following her today.
[x] Make Porphyrion the little girl.

I certainly hope Eirin improves this medicine soon.
>> No. 49335
[x] Medicine. This isn't even a choice, given what lies ahead.
[x] Check up on the various Yukkuri. In particular, given your tasks for the day, you'll want to find something to keep Rachel out of your hair. (No pun intended)
[x] Make a quick check for mail at the tower. It would be unfortunate if he wanted to see you today and we didn't send a message that we were busy all day.
[x] After meals, get to work on that customized homunculus.

Kahi, I need to ask at this point: when is the timezone matter going to be mentionned? You didn't add it when we voted for it and now there's 6 days left. Considering we need to negotiate with others teachers for the schedule, it actually mean we may need to get used to another timezone in 4 days.
>> No. 49336
[x] Medicine. This isn't even a choice, given what lies ahead.
[x] Check up on the various Yukkuri. In particular, given your tasks for the day, you'll want to find something to keep Rachel out of your hair. (No pun intended)
[x] Make a quick check for mail at the tower. It would be unfortunate if he wanted to see you today and we didn't send a message that we were busy all day.
[x] After meals, make Porphyrion the little girl.
>> No. 49337
[x]Medicine
[x]Ask Marisa to go see if that shopkeeper has some basic reading primers in stock, and to bring them to the spider if he does. After that she'd be bored stiff if she stuck around so she's free to go off and do something interesting so long as it takes place outside of the library, as what you're doing can't be interrupted. That should hopefully keep most of your potential distractions out of your hair for a time(For all that no plan survives contact with the enemy).
[x]Check for mail at the tower
[x]Have a quick meal, then get to work on that Homunculus. Ask him what size he's shooting for, as there are a number of ways you can scale his description. Should you find yourself too ill even after the medicine to do detailed work, just start up a generic batch and do some research on other ways of imbuing magical potential into others that don't carry the costs of the methods you already know of.
>> No. 49338
[x] Patchy needs drugs, badly!
[x] Give Marisa instructions for the day:
-[x] First, have her get some primers for the literacy experiment from the hanyou's shop.
-[x] After that she can busy herself with something outside until dinnertime.
--[x] If she can't come up with something better, suggest she visit the Bamboo Forest and capture some of those creatures Tewi mentioned.  Alive.  Flandre had been making not very subtle requests for a pet earlier, and some might be useful for your class.  Also, more importantly, it might distract Yukari from a very tedious homunculus creation process.
[x] Also ensure Yamane will be distracting the yukkuri.
[x] Craft a body for Porphyrion.
-[x] Knowing his intended use, it might be best to ensure it does not closely resemble anyone powerful you know, including persons you are currently annoyed with.  Yes, even Yukari and Marisa.
>> No. 49339
>>49338

First thought I had when I saw what he was going for was Shurelia, so I don't think that'll be a problem.
>> No. 49340
[x] Take the medicine.
[x] Let Marisa know that she can use today to do anything she might need to do, if she wants to remain and observe the process of making a homunculus to specifications she say, as long as she remains silent and out of your way.
[x] Make Porphyrion the little girl.
>> No. 49342
[x] Medicine. This isn't even a choice, given what lies ahead.
[x] Check up on the various Yukkuri. In particular, given your tasks for the day, you'll want to find something to keep Rachel out of your hair. (No pun intended)
[x] Make a quick check for mail at the tower. It would be unfortunate if he wanted to see you today and we didn't send a message that we were busy all day.
[x] After meals, get to work on that customized homunculus.
[x] Give Marisa instructions for the day:
-[x] First, have her get some primers for the literacy experiment from the hanyou's shop.
-[x] After that she can busy herself with something outside until dinnertime.
--[x] If she can't come up with something better, suggest she visit the Bamboo Forest and capture some of those creatures Tewi mentioned. Alive. Flandre had been making not very subtle requests for a pet earlier, and some might be useful for your class. Also, more importantly, it might distract Yukari from a very tedious homunculus creation process.

>>49335
It sounds like the power of the moon can put someone in a state of suspended animation. We just have to cast that spell on ourselves with whatever the time difference is. We then proceed about whatever's left of the day, free of "jet" lag.
>> No. 49343
[x] Patchy needs drugs, badly!
[x] Give Marisa instructions for the day:
-[x] First, have her get some primers for the literacy experiment from the hanyou's shop.
-[x] After that she can busy herself with something outside until dinnertime.
--[x] If she can't come up with something better, suggest she visit the Bamboo Forest and capture some of those creatures Tewi mentioned. Alive. Flandre had been making not very subtle requests for a pet earlier, and some might be useful for your class. Also, more importantly, it might distract Yukari from a very tedious homunculus creation process.
[x] If she's up to it have Yamane distract the yukkuri. Otherwise make a Yukkuri playpen or something. Whatever keeps them from distracting you.
-[x] Rachel seems to have taken an interest in you. Allow it to watch if it really wants to.
[x] Make a couple of golems tasked to keep relative order among the Yukkuri.
[x] Turn off the tower's silence until such time as you need it.
[x] Craft a body for Porphyrion.
-[x] Knowing his intended use, it might be best to ensure it does not closely resemble anyone powerful you know, including persons you are currently annoyed with. Yes, even Yukari and Marisa.

I really think it might be a good idea to head off any squabbling between the siblings, half of whom have claws, not to mention the Alice that may or may not turn 'bad Alice'.

In addition, we've just created a zone where nobody is able to speak on the grounds of a school. Without permission. We'll probably get in trouble for that if we don't turn it off soon.

Finally, Rachel seems to treat us as a parent figure. We may as well humor its questions since it could give us insight on teaching, plus neglecting it could lead to the loss of the most interesting Yukkuri we currently have.
>> No. 49344
>>49343
I imagine the school will be more concerned about the potentially lethal traps than the localized silence spell meant to ward people away from said traps.

She really should post a sign.
>> No. 49345
[x] Patchy needs drugs, badly!
[x] Give Marisa instructions for the day:
-[x] First, have her get some primers for the literacy experiment from the hanyou's shop.
-[x] After that she can busy herself with something outside until dinnertime.
--[x] If she can't come up with something better, suggest she visit the Bamboo Forest and capture some of those creatures Tewi mentioned. Alive. Flandre had been making not very subtle requests for a pet earlier, and some might be useful for your class. Also, more importantly, it might distract Yukari from a very tedious homunculus creation process.
[x] If she's up to it have Yamane distract the yukkuri. Otherwise make a Yukkuri playpen or something. Whatever keeps them from distracting you.
-[x] Rachel seems to have taken an interest in you. Allow it to watch if it really wants to.
[x] Make a couple of golems tasked to keep relative order among the Yukkuri.
[x] Craft a body for Porphyrion.
-[x] Knowing his intended use, it might be best to ensure it does not closely resemble anyone powerful you know, including persons you are currently annoyed with. Yes, even Yukari and Marisa.
>> No. 49346
>>49344
That is true as well. I suppose it depends on how far out from the tower the silence extends. But in any case, a sign would be a good idea.
>> No. 49347
[x] Medicine. This isn't even a choice, given what lies ahead.
[x] Send of Marisa to buy primers from Rinnosuke. She can do whatever she wants for the rest of the day, as long as it's interesting.
[x] Make a quick check for mail at the tower. It would be unfortunate if he wanted to see you today and we didn't send a message that we were busy all day.
[x] After meals, get to work on that customized homunculus.

Another option might be to give her some gems, quickly introduce her to Alistair and send them off to buy books in Diagon Alley.

Anyway, updated HP roll model. Rolls: 56, 69, 75 ,70, 51, 44, µ=60.8, σ=11.2
>> No. 49350
>>49347
Night at London right now I'm afraid. And you're sure you want to leave her Outside without the supervision of anyone who can stop her?

Granted, that would be awesome to watch, but there's a chance we could get linked to the chaos unleashed. And that would be kind of bad for us.
>> No. 49351
>>49350
It'd be kind of hilarious for Yukari, though. And what's hilarious for Yukari is good for us. We can't lose!
>> No. 49353
>>49347, >>49350, >>49351

Also considered it, but the main problem is we then need to shepherd her from the tower basement (which is sealed off, remember) to where ever we send her and then back. We might as well run any errand ourselves, then. Plus if we just let her loose undirected Outside... Yeah. Having people pestering us about our associations with a certain Witch of Interest in several Ongoing Criminal Investigations would be annoying. Though maybe not as annoying as a bored Yukari. Dunno.

(But the timing's not a problem -- Japan's 9 hours ahead of London, so it's late morning, possibly nearly noon at Hogwarts, depending on how late a dinner that was.)
>> No. 49354
>>Anyway, updated HP roll model. Rolls: 56, 69, 75 ,70, 51, 44, µ=60.8, σ=11.2

Could you explain this to me? I've never played D&D games, so I don't understand what this means exactly.
>> No. 49355
File 132045276079.jpg - (427.30KB, 632x847, 6be53d25c35710136f745a85fca324c5.jpg) [iqdb]
49355
Medicine. You need medicine, if you are to do things. The image of the tsukumogami living on the hill of suzuran swims into your mind, but you shake it off quickly. Not that Medicine. The other one. Your thoughts are somewhat cloudy at the moment, but you groan as you pick Rachel up and set the hybrid back down on your pillow before lurching out of the room. The medicine hardly has a chance to touch your tongue, before you've swallowed it. +14= 54

The medicine seems to push you more or less over to the slightly better side of average, and your mind clears, even though your other current syptoms only slacken a little.

Your first order of business is to roll Marisa out of bed with your foot, onto the cold floor. She wakes quickly.

"Whaggalahn?" She says, eloquently expressing her earnest desire to know your reasoning for waking her at this hour of the morning, in such a crude fashion.

"I feel terrible. And I have things to do. Go out. Do things." You say. "Buy some literacy primers from that shopkeeper, if you can manage that. Catch a dinosaur or two. I'm sure the little sister would love one. For however long it lasts. Actually, I don't really care much what you do. Don't be back until around dinner, though. I'm sure whatever you get up to will be more interesting than watching me stand in place with my hands on a giant pot, though."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." Marisa says, yawning as she stretches and sits up. "Save me a plate of dinner, I'll be back around dark."

"Yes, go on now." You say, ushering her out.

There are a few little adjustments to make to things here. It will be fine to leave the door into the pillar open, for one, since you'll be in plain sight of it the whole time and will be able to see if anything tries to come through. You will be easily accessible if the Gryphon needs to bring you mail. On the other side, you throw up a quick fence, posts of saplings linked together with thorny vines, at the edge of the silence-radius and erect a stone sign at the entry declaring the area the Tower of Knowledge and warning that tresspassers will be persecuted with angry golems. A couple of wooden dolls will serve as toys for the now slightly-larger infants to play with, and are under instruction to break things up if they end up somehow fighting each other seriously, though you much doubt that will occur with this group. Rachel fluttered in to sit down and fall back asleep on your shoulder at some point. It seems she's more comfortable there than on the soft pillow. You can't really muster up the energy to complain seriously about it at the moment, though, and it isn't as though she weighs much.

A glance at the Alice shows it sleeping peacefully, pen still well stocked with food and water. It will be more than ready for an experiment after dinner, then. Yamame is set to tell stories to the infants whenever they wake up, and though she acts irritated about the matter, she seems to enjoy it at least a little.

Everything in order, you call Porphyrion over and set into the day's labor.

---

You are Marisa Kirisame. In a number of respects, you'd call yourself a fairly ordinary witch. Currently, you are in the service of Patchouli Knowledge, and while that's irritating for a number of reasons, it shouldn't stretch out too much longer, and it's not that bad.

You've been turned out of the mansion for the day, as Patchy seems to be on the lower end of her Healthy-ness scale, and left more or less to your own devices, orders pretty much limited to 'do something interesting'. You can appreciate orders like that, though you aren't sure why Patchy insisted that you entertain yourself rather than do something she'd probably find more productive. You guess it doesn't really matter.

You were also told to take a look and see if Kourin has certain things in stock. This doesn't strike you as quite as interesting as the dinosaur idea, which you're almost half-certain was made in grumpy first thing in the morning jest, but then, Kourin's pretty interesting too, sometimes. Maybe he'll have thought up something new for the Hakkero. Probably not, though. Most of the time, it's you bringing it to him and demanding he modify it to do something, and then coming back in a day or three to pick it up again.

One of the local farmers that live some distance from the village, rather than right up against its walls, old man Kuro, has beaten you to the store.

"Blasted witch an' her witchery muckin' up th' nat'ral order o' things an' settin' things amuck, fields'r filled with plants aright, all kin' o' growth, good an' bad alike, been breaking me back tryin' to keep up wi'it all..." He rambles.

"Hey. I did no such thing." You say, feigning being insulted as you enter. Your grin probably gives it away though.

"Not you, ye blasted witch, t'other blasted witch an' her devil magics." Kuro corrects grumpily. "Been huntin' down ev'ry strong back's can be foun', tryin' t' geddit back'n check. 'M sure y'can do a reas'nable bit o' work y'self, confounded hellspawn ye are, lad."

"Yes, well, if I really wanted to do heavy labor all day every day, I would have set up a farm of my own, instead of a store." Kourin points out, from behind the counter.

"Never y'mind that, 'kin pay y'fine, an' s'not like you've got cust'mers crawlin' out yer ears anyhow. Won't hurt y'none to close up f'r a week or three t'help harvest th'mess and be rid of weeds." Kuro says.

"... I'd really rather not." Kourin replies. "I'm sure that I can still help you out though. Wait here a moment..."

He bustles about the back, in his store-room before returning with a cage. There's what looks like a large head inside, with green hair and red eyes.

"... Eh? Hello, mister. Yuka is Yuka." It says, looking at Kuro with some slight interest.

"Bah, don' want me none o' the blast'd hoppin' heads lad, I'm needin' helpers f'r th' harvest!" Kuro says in irritation.

"Yes, I understand sir, however this type is unusual. Where the vast majority of Yukkuri simply eat whatever they can catch and what grows naturally, this kind will plant seeds and raise 'crops' of their own, eating away weeds and watering the plants of their own volition. I'm unaware if it's something they worked out on their own, or merely instinct related to the Youkai they are patterned after, but they can be of great help to farmers. Particularly in situations such as this, you can set them loose in your field, and they'll consume the weeds, but leave the good crops alone. I was fortunate enough to come across this pregnant and abandoned mother following a delivery of tea, and with some pruning of stalks and care, she recovered and birthed a group of four healthy children. And a number of Alices, which I promptly disposed of."

"Yu? There were no Alices. Yuka did not have any wicked children." The Yuka says, smiling. You get the feeling from the smile that it knows full well that they were killed, but just doesn't care.

"I believe they would not have survived infancy in any case." Kourin says, vaguely.

"Harrumph. Dunno, lad, not sure I'm interest'd inna hoppin' head no matter how ye sell it." Kuro says.

He's not sold on the prospect. He is a little interested, though, you think, but he's probably used to chasing these sort of things out of his fields, and the thought of deliberately putting one in rubs him the wrong way. You wonder if you should try to help Kourin out, you don't think he'll make the sale at this rate.

Come to think of it, the real Yuka can be pretty violent and powerful, if you screw with her fields. That might be a selling point. And also, you're sure you heard the gatekeeper at that mansion grumbling to herself about finding a better way to keep things out of the flowers. Patchy's already experimenting on some of these things. She probably won't mind at all if you go ahead and buy something uncommon. On her account, of course. And a purchase would also probably nudge Kuro into making the purchase, with a sudden risk of leaving to think, and coming back to find the limited number sold out.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49356
>>49354
Yamame has the power to control diseases, and she changes the way our daily HP rolls work, probably to a bell curve. Statanon is using the rolls since we got her to try and find the exact mechanics.
>> No. 49357
>>49354
What >>49356 said. Going by >>47750, it seems safe to assume a normal distribution, so I fit the observed rolls to a bell curve. If you would like more information on normal distributions, you can check Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

tl;dr: µ is the mean, σ is the standard deviation. There's a ~68% chance that a roll will be in the range µ-σ to µ+σ, and a ~95% chance that will be in the range µ-2σ to µ+2σ.
>> No. 49359
[x] Meh. If you buy one, you'll have to bring it back right after. Simply nudge Kuro here and help out Kourin.
-[x] Then he can thank you with whatever Patchy wanted you to get. She'll probably be grumpy if you don't get those.

Marisa side-quest, go!
>> No. 49360
[x] Try to drag the farmer into a bidding war for the Yuka. If he's willing to put a decent amount of money into it, let him win, if not... well, it's not your money, right? Maybe China can do something with it if Patchy doesn't want it.
[x] Might as well grab those books Patchy wanted. Though as you're not planning on going back anytime soon, maybe get Kourin to deliver them or something.
-[x] Huh. Now that you think of it, the head maid's pretty high strung. Wonder if she'd be interested in a boyfriend? They've got matching hair, at least.
[x] If there's another book that looks unusual, consider adding that to the pile of primers. You'd never admit it, but you might feel a teensy bit guilty about that one book of Patchy's you ruined.
[x] And maybe ask him if he can figure out how to undo whatever Patchy did to your Hakkero. That voice is pretty annoying. But you'll likely need it later today, so no overnight fixes.
[x] See if he's gotten anything else new that might be "interesting". And remember: things that explode are always interesting.
[x] Oh, yeah. There was one other thing you wanted to get from him. Discretely ask if he as any suitable underthings in stock, or even just the kind of fabric you like...
>> No. 49361
[x]Ask the Yuka-type what it would do to another Yukkuri that started messing up a field it was tending.
[x]If sufficiently brutal, pick one up along with a few literacy primers, should they be in stock.
>> No. 49362
[x] Try to drag the farmer into a bidding war for the Yuka. If he's willing to put a decent amount of money into it, let him win, if not... well, it's not your money, right? Maybe China can do something with it if Patchy doesn't want it.
-[x] If it's the children for sale, buy one and get it delivered.
[x] Might as well grab those books Patchy wanted. Though as you're not planning on going back anytime soon, maybe get Kourin to deliver them or something.
[x] If there's other books that look unusual, consider adding them to the pile of primers. You'd never admit it, but you might feel a teensy bit guilty about that one book of Patchy's you ruined. Not guilty enough to pay for it yourself though.
[x] And maybe ask him if he can figure out how to undo whatever Patchy did to your Hakkero. That voice is pretty annoying. But you'll likely need it later today, so no overnight fixes.
[x] See if he's gotten anything else new that might be "interesting".
[x] Oh, yeah. There was one other thing you wanted to get from him. Discretely ask if he as any suitable underthings in stock, or even just the kind of fabric you like...

Oh, Kuro. You're as crotchety as ever.

Also, this Marisa segment will be a failure unless we end up in at least one high-speed chase with a dinosaur.
>> No. 49363
[x] Meh. If you buy one, you'll have to bring it back right after. Simply nudge Kuro here and help out Kourin.
-[x] Then he can thank you with whatever Patchy wanted you to get. She'll probably be grumpy if you don't get those.

No need to bring in yet another yukkuri. We have a decent enough distribution as it is.
>> No. 49365
[x] Meh. If you buy one, you'll have to bring it back right after. Simply nudge Kuro here and help out Kourin.
- [x] Then he can thank you with whatever Patchy wanted you to get. She'll probably be grumpy if you don't get those.

Works for me.
>> No. 49366
[x] Try to drag the farmer into a bidding war for the Yuka. If he's willing to put a decent amount of money into it, let him win, if not... well, it's not your money, right? Maybe China can do something with it if Patchy doesn't want it.
-[x] If it's the children for sale, buy one and get it delivered.
[x] Might as well grab those books Patchy wanted. Though as you're not planning on going back anytime soon, maybe get Kourin to deliver them or something.
[x] If there's other books that look unusual, consider adding them to the pile of primers. You'd never admit it, but you might feel a teensy bit guilty about that one book of Patchy's you ruined. Not guilty enough to pay for it yourself though.
[x] And maybe ask him if he can figure out how to undo whatever Patchy did to your Hakkero. That voice is pretty annoying. But you'll likely need it later today, so no overnight fixes.
[x] See if he's gotten anything else new that might be "interesting".
[x] Oh, yeah. There was one other thing you wanted to get from him. Discretely ask if he as any suitable underthings in stock, or even just the kind of fabric you like...
>> No. 49367
[x] ROBOT DINOSAURS THAT SHOOT BEAMS WHEN THEY ROAR

Because everything in Gensokyo must fire blasts of some sort. What? We aren't there yet?

Fine.
[x] Get Yuka-type if possible
[x] If bidding war starts and we lose, ask Kourin if there are any bodied Yuka-type in stock
- If yes, purchase it and try to get a sunhat and a guitar for it should it does not already have such items in stock already.
[x] get whatever else Patchy needs
[x] DINOSAURS DINOSAURS DINOSAURS DINOSAURS
>> No. 49368
[x] Even if you don't buy one, at least ask Kourin to at least hold on to one, in case Patchy wants it.
>> No. 49369
[x] Meh. If you buy one, you'll have to bring it back right after. Simply nudge Kuro here and help out Kourin.
-[x] Then he can thank you with whatever Patchy wanted you to get. She'll probably be grumpy if you don't get those.
It's time for Marisa's Spotlight!
>> No. 49370
x] Try to drag the farmer into a bidding war for the Yuka. If he's willing to put a decent amount of money into it, let him win, if not... well, it's not your money, right? Maybe China can do something with it if Patchy doesn't want it.
-[x] If it's the children for sale, buy one and get it delivered.
[x] Might as well grab those books Patchy wanted. Though as you're not planning on going back anytime soon, maybe get Kourin to deliver them or something.
[x] If there's other books that look unusual, consider adding them to the pile of primers. You'd never admit it, but you might feel a teensy bit guilty about that one book of Patchy's you ruined. Not guilty enough to pay for it yourself though.
[x] And maybe ask him if he can figure out how to undo whatever Patchy did to your Hakkero. That voice is pretty annoying. But you'll likely need it later today, so no overnight fixes.
[x] See if he's gotten anything else new that might be "interesting".
[x] Oh, yeah. There was one other thing you wanted to get from him. Discretely ask if he as any suitable underthings in stock, or even just the kind of fabric you like...
>> No. 49371
[x] Try to drag the farmer into a bidding war for the Yuka. If he's willing to put a decent amount of money into it, let him win, if not... well, it's not your money, right? Maybe China can do something with it if Patchy doesn't want it.
-[x] If it's the children for sale, buy one and get it delivered.
[x] Might as well grab those books Patchy wanted. Though as you're not planning on going back anytime soon, maybe get Kourin to deliver them or something.
[x] If there's other books that look unusual, consider adding them to the pile of primers. You'd never admit it, but you might feel a teensy bit guilty about that one book of Patchy's you ruined. Not guilty enough to pay for it yourself though.
[x] And maybe ask him if he can figure out how to undo whatever Patchy did to your Hakkero. That voice is pretty annoying. But you'll likely need it later today, so no overnight fixes.
[x] See if he's gotten anything else new that might be "interesting".
[x] Oh, yeah. There was one other thing you wanted to get from him. Discretely ask if he as any suitable underthings in stock, or even just the kind of fabric you like...
>> No. 49372
[x] Try to drag the farmer into a bidding war for the Yuka. If he's willing to put a decent amount of money into it, let him win, if not... well, it's not your money, right? Maybe China can do something with it if Patchy doesn't want it.
-[x] If it's the children for sale, buy one if you can get it delivered.
[x] Might as well grab those books Patchy wanted. Though as you're not planning on going back anytime soon, maybe get Kourin to deliver them or something.
[x] If there's other books that look unusual, consider adding them to the pile of primers. You'd never admit it, but you might feel a teensy bit guilty about that one book of Patchy's you ruined. Not guilty enough to pay for it yourself though.
[x] And maybe ask him if he can figure out how to undo whatever Patchy did to your Hakkero. That voice is pretty annoying. But you'll likely need it later today, so no overnight fixes.
[x] See if he's gotten anything else new that might be "interesting".

If she buys underwear or materials from Kourin normally I'm all for doing that now but I can't see why that would be the case. Fabrics don't exactly seem like the king of thins he would stock.
>> No. 49373
>>49372
At some point she mentioned Kourin not having and of the fabrics she uses in in stock, or something to that effect. I think it was in thread 4?
>> No. 49374
>>49373
Patchouli gave her time to take care of that business in another thread.
>> No. 49376
[x] Meh. If you buy one, you'll have to bring it back right after. Simply nudge Kuro here and help out Kourin.
-[x] Then he can thank you with whatever Patchy wanted you to get. She'll probably be grumpy if you don't get those.
>> No. 49377
Okay peeps, this is how it's going to be. Calling votes right now. Was going to delay writing anything until at least the morning, but on account of recent events on a short walk re: mugging, and a quick chat with the nice policemen and bank guy on the phone to shut down my debit card before the fucking prick can use it, I'm tired and cranky and I enjoy writing shit, so I'm writing shit right fucking now.

Whatever the votes are as of now, using those. Sorry for the lack of time.
>> No. 49378
>>49377

Ug. My condolences. By all means, do whatever you want.
>> No. 49379
>>49377
Fuck.
>> No. 49380
Damn, that sucks. Hope it all goes well. Take all the time you need.
>> No. 49381
>>49377
Shit, man. My condolences. Hopefully you're OK. As the other guy said, take all the time you need.
>> No. 49382
File 132047678935.jpg - (322.91KB, 708x1000, 88f32c27003c6447cf5bd355afe91364.jpg) [iqdb]
49382
"Hey. Hey." You say, catching the thing's attention. "Someone I know's upset because of a bunch of flowers getting eaten, so. Say you have a nice field of flowers. Or whatever, corn or wheat, but we'll go with flowers now. But then these other Yukkuri come, and they eat the flowers and tear up all the dirt everywhere. What do you do?"

Its eyes flash, seeming to shift color to a more menacing shade of red.

"... Yukkuri that tear up Yuka's field are bad Yukkuri." She says sweetly. "Yuka would squish them."

"Sounds fair." You say.

"Then, once squished, Yuka would bite them, and Yuka would pull them into many pieces, and Yuka would bury the pieces in the dirt to feed the growing of new mister flowers." She continues, still in the same sweet tone.

"... yeah, okay." You say awkwardly. "Can't say I didn't see that coming, but yeah. Right. So what was that price again, Kourin?"

"You're actually buying something?" Kourin asks, and names a price.

"Ha, well, that does seem t'be re'sonable, lad." Kuro says.

"Ah, sorry. That number is the price for a youngling. That much each. The cost of the mother is rather more substantial." Kourin continued, then named a price about five times as high.

"... Ye what now, lad?" Kuro said blankly.

"Well, you understand, the mother is still of breeding age, which the children haven't reached yet, so it's not impossible that she can bear numerous more children, while you would have to wait and risk accidental death in the meantime with the young. In addition, restoring her to full health following the encounter took valuable time and effort on my part. Really, I think the amount is only reasonable."

"Ye c'n pay for a fine yearlin' mule wi' that much, laddie!" Kuro blustered.

"Well yeah, but while a mule might kill invading pests sometimes, you can't let it in your vegetables and be sure it won't eat or smash them all either." You point out. "Seems fair to me. I'd pay that much, anyway."

"Now, ye won't be trickin' old Kuro lass. I'm knowin' full well that ye be in cahoots with this'n." The farmer says reprovingly.

"Hey, hey now." You reply. "That hurts. But really, you see what I'm wearing? This is a scarlet mansion uniform. One thing led to another, and I'm stuck working there and wearing this for a little longer, otherwise I'd be in my normal dress and hat. And I'm not lying either, their flowers really did get torn up a bit ago and the gatekeeper's after something slightly more reliable than fairies to keep things out. Top of that, Patchy's got a bunch of Yukkuri in the library that she's training and running experiments on. It's not for me, but I'll totally buy this thing. With their money. They'll thank me later, probably."

"Harrumph." The old man grumbles, as Kourin chuckles. Then names a price just a little higher.

"That's a nice offer, old man. I think the Scarlet accounts can stretch a little further than that, though." You say, and name a number just a handful of silvers higher. The old man gives you a glower, then snorts.

"Aye. Aye, p'rhap they c'n, a'that." He admits. "An' ye'll not fool ol' Kuro int' no biddin' war neither. Have the hoppin' head, lass, 'tis all your'n. An' ye said tha' the young'n's'll be runnin' ol' Kuro for what now, laddie?"

Kourin repeats the number, then adds it together for the farmer. Kuro nods, then spills a number of coins out of a sack at his side, counting them out and putting some back in, and shoving the rest across the counter. Kourin nods, putting the money away, and retreats to the back for a minute before returning with a cage with four smaller Yuka in it, and sets it on the counter for Kuro to take.

"Babies be good." Yuka says. "Mister is going to take you to an easy place with lots of crops for you to tend."

"An' four mouths do seem as they'll be eatin' weeds faster'n the one, e'en if'n they can' hold's much inside." Kuro points out.

"They grow quickly." Kourin replies. "Another two weeks or thereabouts, and they'll be fully mature, and I could have gotten close to this one's price for any one of them. You've gotten a bargain, old man Kuro."

"Aye... they ain't gon' be droppin' dead on me inna han'ful o' months now, right lad?" Kuro says, suddenly looking a little worried.

"Not at all." Kourin assures him. "They reproduce and grow swiftly, but as yet I don't believe that there's an upper limit known to how old they can grow. In the wild, they tend to die off rapidly from predation or accidents, while in captivity they tend to die off rapidly from predation or, again, accidents. I had a Patchouli once for a span of a few years, and she was in perfect health when she accidentally pulled a heavy ledger down on top of herself and was crushed. I can't guarantee accuracy of a secondhand accounts which says that one in captivity lived for an excess of twenty years before its owner died of illness and it simply stopped accepting food and starved to death, but I can assure you that provided no accidents occur they should be good for several years. I suppose if it would assure you, I can offer you a return of your money if they should die from age or accident in the next, say, month?"

"Aye, I'd appreciate th' thought lad, but yer face's tellin' me how much ye're doubtin' you'll have to pay up on tha'. 'Twill be fine as-is."

"Very good. A pleasure doing business with you." Kourin says, bowing slightly as Kuro leaves the shop. He then sighs and turns an amused look your way.

"And you? Should I write up an invoice for the Scarlet Mansion, or are you just trying out a change of wardrobe?" He asks.

"You really think I'd tell you if I was, Kourin?" You reply. "But yeah, one thing and another. I'll be back to normal things in less than a week, though. And I'm actually here to see if you have some things in stock. Patchy wants literacy primer books, I guess for what she's doing with the flock of these things in the library. Teaching them to read and write, I think."

"Really? Patchouli is keeping Patchouli?" He asks. "They don't write well with their mouths, though, but they're useful enough to have review transactions for errors, once they've figured out what the numbers mean."

"Oh writing shouldn't be a problem, some have hands." You say flippantly.

"... Really, now?" He asks, in sudden interest. "That's particularly unusual. It's noted sometimes in captive ones, but I'm fairly sure that in the wild they get immediately cast out at birth, like any other 'defective' birth. Well, aside from Remilia and Flandre, in any case. It's actually pretty common to see bodied types of those, when they're found, more than even the blob-type."

"Hey, I don't know." You say. "Don't think Patchy knows everything either. Overheard one of her experiments is to figure out something about bodied types and blob types, how many of which show up through breeding with different ones. Or something. It doesn't really catch my interest, so I didn't pay much attention."

"Well, come in back, we'll see if I can't find some primers in my stock. There should be most of a crate full. I don't suppose that miss Knowledge would be willing to sell a bodied type Patchouli, by any chance? Things have gotten a little out of hand since mine died, and a body would make such incidents less likely, as she wouldn't be pulling books off tables with her mouth."

"Don't think so, but you'd have to ask her about it." You say. "It's her pet project, after all. Hey, just put all this stuff together, okay? I'm not heading back until later this evening, I'll swing by and pick it up on the way. Or have you send it off around then, or haul it yourself."

"Certainly." Kourin says, as your eyes pass over the room. Lots of boxes, of course. On one side, cages with varying degrees of rust hold a number of vaguely traumatized looking Reimu yu's, as well as a similar amount of ones that look like you. There's also a paler one... it looks like that netherworld sword-user, actually. Huh.

"Hey, what's that one?" You ask.

Kourin looks, and winces.

"Oh, that one." He says quietly. "It-"

"DICK!" It yells eagerly. "Bring Myon food quickly, you dick! Do it fast, and bring lots, and Myon will reward you by letting you eat her shit!"

"It's a Myon." He continues, pretending he hasn't heard. "Miss Konpaku brings them in sometimes to sell. It seems she finds it disturbing to watch her mistress eat things that look like her. But as they're filled with chocolate, there's not much she can do except move them somewhere else before she notices them. This one is unruly, but I keep it because it excretes chocolate. I can blindfold it and feed it trash, and it'll convert it to pure white chocolate. It's annoying, but that makes it worth keeping, to a point. Also, I've discovered that they can't tell the difference between normal food products and their excretions. If you take them away and wait an hour, then return them, they'll eat it happily. You have to use a different tray or towel to bring it in, though, because they can catch on if you bring it in the same pail they shit into."

Kourin has entered lecturer mode, you reflect as you start to zone out. How annoying.

"So these things show up in the afterlife, too?" You say, trying to change the subject.

"Yes, actually. Well, too a degree. Here, I'll show you."

You don't care.

"Let me just turn this chalkboard over and draw a map..."

You really don't care. It doesn't look like you'll avoid this, though. You'll have to at least pretend to be paying attention. What a pain. Kourin scribbles out a crude map of Gensokyo and draws four circles around it.

"Yukkuri show up based on both prominence of the person they look like, and a certain range from areas they are located, it seems." He says. "You and Reimu, for example, are fairly well known, you travel all over, and Reimu doesn't leave the shrine much but she's known to go anywhere in Gensokyo if it's needed. So your types can show up, well, pretty much anywhere, in addition to being the most common. Alice and Remilia types aren't quite as common, being of a secondary and less known imitation, though still reasonably well known, but they tend to be serial rapists and are predators, respectively. This means that they move around a lot, in both cases, for hunting purposes. As such, they both are also found nearly everywhere in Gensokyo. By contrast, I'll draw a few areas around the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Flandre are also hunters, so they have a much wider range as you see here, but not so wide as Remilia, possibly because there's little known about her at all. By contrast, you see how Sakuya, Meiling, and Patchouli types are all centered but have a much closer radius? There's none found within the walls, for long at least, unless they are supposed to be there, but aside from that the closer to the mansion itself, the more there are, and the circle marking that radius is the outer limit of where they can reasonably be expected to be found. There are outliers that live outside of this radius, but these are very rare and are usually domestic pets of some kind with no choice in the matter of where they live. If given a choice, they seem to migrate towards the general area where their namesake resides."

Don't care. What a pain. You couldn't have just said 'Patchouli generally live around where the real Patchouli does', Kourin? He seems to grasp your indifference to the subject, and shrugs, setting down the chalk after drawing a few more quick circles.

"... So as you can see, a Keine-type could only reasonably be found here, within this circle and relatively near the village, though it's fairly wide of a radius, while these territories are centered around Mayohiga and Hakugyokuro. Myons are the larger one here, while Yuyuko-types are much rarer and only show up here. There's still some overlap with Yukari-types, here, and in a wider and wider still range, Ran and Chen types, but not much. In any case, there seems to be some link between the understood power level or hierarchy of the imitated person and the rarity level of the Yukkuri. I see you don't really care, though, so I'll move on. In any case, I have almost a full crate of these. How many did you say you need?"

"Eh, I dunno." You say. "Probably at least one for each of them, and there's like... a dozen? Wasn't paying attention. About that. Maybe get two dozen so I don't have to come back right away if her experimenting gets her more that she feels like keeping."

"It's not like it's your money you're paying with, after all. No harm in over-estimating." Kourin agrees. "That's two dozen then, and the Yuka. You wouldn't know if miss Knowledge might be interested in the Myon, would you? I enjoy the chocolate, but it does get grating after a while. I'd not mind selling it, and seeing if I could buy one with a calmer personality that she doesn't want, from the testing."

"Dunno, like I said, not my pet project." You say. "You'll have to talk to her. You haven't tried gagging it?"

"It's managed to chew through and eat everything I use, eventually." Kourin says. "I could melt its mouth shut, but then it couldn't eat, wouldn't produce waste-chocolate, and would die of starvation. It's really annoying. I don't give it very long before I crack and just cut my losses, kill it, and satisfy myself with a more limited supply until miss Konpaku brings another one in."

"Mister's dick is too tiny to face Youmu in combat." It jeers from the cage.

"Maybe two weeks, if that." Kourin says.

"Right, sure, I guess I'll bring it up." You say. "Anything special about it?"

"Aside from the chocolate? They seem able to manipulate weapons instinctively in their mouths, similar to swordplay. It's only a little annoying if they just have a stick, but it can be a little dangerous if they get ahold of a knife somehow. They'd probably carry this over into something like actual instinctual sword-wielding if they had bodies, or something like that. It's an interesting enough thought to make me willing to sell it, if she'll use it for that study."

"Not really my call." You say. "Again, not my thing going on. But like I said, I'll mention it. Anyway, do you think you could get this thing possessing the Hakkero out of it?"

"Possession? Let me see." He asks, and you remove the box from a pocket and hand it over for inspection.

"Patchouli put this thing in it. It yells when I try to borrow things. Incredibly annoying."

"Hm... it's not a possession, then, but an 'infusion' of a willing spirit or being." He says, with some thought. "The first, you could go to Reimu and have an exorcism done. The second, there's not much to be done, either the entity inside has to decide to leave, or Patchouli herself has to dispel it."

"Alright, so I should be as annoying as possible, until it cant bear it any more and goes away?" You ask.

"Not likely. It'll probably get more stubborn the more you act out, from what it's saying now." Kourin says. "It seems like its intent, and hers, is to teach you some moral lesson about theft, in the hopes that you'll stop."

"It's borrowing, borrowing." You say. "Geeze. People can just come take their stuff back, or get it back when I die. It's not that hard to understand."

"You don't intend to voluntarily return anything on your own, though."

"Well, no. That would be boring." You point out.

"Well, good luck with this infused spirit." He says, handing the Hakkero back. "I can always make another Hakkero if it gets to be too much to deal with, but I don't really have the special metal to plate it with any more, you'd have to be satisfied with simple iron. It looks like if it's willing to work with you, you should be able to put more power into your Sparks, though."

"Oh, and so if I piss it off enough, I won't be able to spark at all." You say, catching on to the opposite side of that coin straight away. "Well damn. This'll be fun."

Kourin shrugs.

"Was there anything else you wanted? I have a few things in stock. No magical tomes for sale, of course, but I have a brass pocketwatch i found hanging from a tree branch in the forest, and a few other trinkets you might be interested in. I know you like taking things apart."

Those do sound neat. You don't really have any money on you though, and if you just borrow them and leave the thing in the Hakkero will yell at you for hours. In any case, either way, next stop on your list is likely going to be your house, if you're going to go look for dinosaurs after all. You left your broom there, and you'll probably need it, either for flying or to hit things with.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49383
first foe now you whats going on to our writers
>> No. 49384
[x] open the door
[X] get on the floor
[X] everybody do the Dinosaur
>> No. 49385
Before anyone starts bitching about this update containing too much Yukkuri stuff, bear in mind this is Kahi getting his frustrations at what happened to him out of his system. He's entitled to write about whatever pleases him, especially as he wasn't initially going to update again that fast.

Also, condolences, Kahi.

That being said,

[x] Dinosaurs.
[x] Consider the size and the diet of the dinosaur desired. A pet T-Rex would be awesome, but upkeep and fitting it into the grounds of the SDM might be a problem, depending on the limits of Sakuya's space manipulation.
[x] Should the opportunity present itself, mount and ride a dinosaur. Just because.
>> No. 49387
[x] Buy the watch.
[x] You want this voice out of your Hakkero, and Reimu is the only person likely to do it.

Bodied, intelligent Youmu-pattern? Very yes. Dicks~
>You don't care.
Cracked up hard at this.
>> No. 49388
if we mount and ride a t-rex we must name is SUE
just because
>> No. 49389
Okay, guess she had gotten some material during her previous errand.

[x] See if Kourin has one or two sturdy cages that you could conceivably carry with you, and add them to the tab. You can come back and grab them after you have your broom.
[x] Return home.
-[x] Get your broom and pack a lunch and something to drink.
-[x] Also see if you have any leftover potions lying around that might be able to put a big lizard to sleep, or otherwise incapacitate or disorient one. Smoke grenades, maybe?
[x] Grab those cages, then head toward the Bamboo Forest.
-[x] On your way keep a look out for something that would make better lizard-bait than you would, possibly because you will have killed it.
[x] While you are running around. keep an eye out for evidence of the Three Fairies. They often do interesting things, after all, so it might be worthwhile to see what they are up to if you happen to notice them.
>> No. 49391
[x] Return to house
[x] Obtain broom
[x] Obtain sack for young dinosaurs

Good luck with everything, Kahi.
>> No. 49392
[x] If you can't borrow things, you simply have to buy them, with Patchouli's money.
>> No. 49393
[x] See if Kourin has one or two sturdy cages that you could conceivably carry with you, and add them to the tab. You can come back and grab them after you have your broom.
[x] Return home.
-[x] Get your broom and pack a lunch and something to drink.
-[x] Also see if you have any leftover potions lying around that might be able to put a big lizard to sleep, or otherwise incapacitate or disorient one. Smoke grenades, maybe?
[x] Grab those cages, then head toward the Bamboo Forest.
-[x] On your way keep a look out for something that would make better lizard-bait than you would, possibly because you will have killed it.
[x] While you are running around. keep an eye out for evidence of the Three Fairies. They often do interesting things, after all, so it might be worthwhile to see what they are up to if you happen to notice them.

I wonder if Rachel will become well known enough to get her own species. Or if whoever is causing the yukkuri to appear will extend the effects to Hogwarts. It will certainly cause an incident if Harry finds out Ginny is keeping what appears to be his disembodied head.
>> No. 49394
[x] See if Kourin has one or two sturdy cages that you could conceivably carry with you, and add them to the tab. You can come back and grab them after you have your broom.
[x] Return home.
-[x] Get your broom and pack a lunch and something to drink.
-[x] Also see if you have any leftover potions lying around that might be able to put a big lizard to sleep, or otherwise incapacitate or disorient one. Smoke grenades, maybe?
[x] Grab those cages, then head toward the Bamboo Forest.
-[x] On your way keep a look out for something that would make better lizard-bait than you would, possibly because you will have killed it.

No three fairies.
>> No. 49395
[x] See if Kourin has one or two sturdy cages that you could conceivably carry with you, and add them to the tab. You can come back and grab them after you have your broom.
[x] Return home.
-[x] Get your broom and pack a lunch and something to drink.
-[x] Also see if you have any leftover potions lying around that might be able to put a big lizard to sleep, or otherwise incapacitate or disorient one. Smoke grenades, maybe?
[x] Grab those cages, then head toward the Bamboo Forest.
-[x] On your way keep a look out for something that would make better lizard-bait than you would, or try to con that hobo who lives around Eientei into helping, make up an excuse like "Patchy needs a dinosaur sample to make an anti-dinosaur potion."
>> No. 49396
[x] See if Kourin has one or two sturdy cages that you could conceivably carry with you, and add them to the tab. You can come back and grab them after you have your broom.
[x] Return home.
-[x] Get your broom and pack a lunch and something to drink.
-[x] Also see if you have any leftover potions lying around that might be able to put a big lizard to sleep, or otherwise incapacitate or disorient one. Smoke grenades, maybe?
[x] Grab those cages, then head toward the Bamboo Forest.
-[x] On your way keep a look out for something that would make better lizard-bait than you would, or try to con that hobo who lives around Eientei into helping.

Heh. Hopefully we won't go after anything that grows too large. That would be a pain to take care of later on.
>> No. 49397
>>49385
My not liking yukkuri does not mean I'm an insensitive, childish retard who has to yell out my opinions no matter the circumstances or surroundings you unbelievable douche.
>> No. 49398
Wait, so yukkuri types live close to where the real person is?

Men, I believe we found a way to locate Mima!
>> No. 49400
Don't look at the spoilered text.

You are now imagining the very real possibility of a Voldemort patterned yukkuri in this story.
>> No. 49401
>>49400

I can live with this. It would be amusing as fuck to see Harry & Company staring down such an abomination.
>> No. 49402
>>49398
He said it's also based on how well known they are. No one knows who Mima is, so that's a no go.


[X] Buy the watch. It's not your money.
[X] Get broom.
[X] Somehow fall off broom and end up riding dinosaur.
[X] It'd be pretty cool if Patchouli ended up creating bodied types of all the different yukkuri. Maybe have a end result of smarted, bodied, little people yukkuri race...
>> No. 49403
For the 'It's not you money' vote, you guys do realize the SDM will see the bill? Unless she fancy working for even longer at the SDM (which we saw she doesn't), this is not happening.
>> No. 49404
>>49400
The real question is, of course, what would such a thing taste like?
>> No. 49405
>>49404
Snakes. Obviously.
>> No. 49406
File 13205403043.jpg - (471.06KB, 1000x1000, 0625525968fa2771c8f24e13103268b1.jpg) [iqdb]
49406
"I'll pass, for now." You say. "Opened up one watch, you might as well have opened them all, after all. Got any strong cages, though? Might be going hunting."

"For Yukkuri?" Kourin asked.

"For Dinosaurs." You correct.

"... That's a rather abrupt change of focus. But yes, I think I can find something in here... ah, this one should contain something up to the size of a large dog, or thereabouts. I don't think you could move around anything much larger than that on your own." He says. "And I'd mind your fingers, if you catch one, poking them through the cage is asking to have them bitten off."

"Yeah, yeah." You say. "I'll come pick it up in a minute, I need to grab my broom from my place. Can't be seen flying without it, you know?"

"A butler on a broom doesn't quite cut the same image as a witch." Kourin points out.

"Call it habit then!" You say. "But I'll be back in just a couple of minutes."

He nods, and you're off, drifting through the forest, close enough to the ground that you can drop and pretend you're just ambling along if someone sees you. It's not long before you reach your house, door locked securely and with a slight ward warning things away, notice of your absence tacked on next to that. The window, however, has been smashed open. Your immediate thought is fairies, but a few steps closer show traces of bean-paste caked to the jagged fragments of glass still remaining there.

".... Oh, you have to be kidding me. I've only been out a couple days. I thought people were joking when they said this happened." You grumble to yourself as you enter your home.

A big Yukkuri swells upwards and outwards at your appearance, spawn and mate hiding behind it.

"This is Marisa's easy place, you understand?" It says immediately. "Give up sweets, and then leave quickly."

"Yeah, this is Marisa's place." You parrot back darkly, as you go to look in the kitchen cupboards. "It's this Marisa's place. I'll tell you now, I'm not happy about this. You better not have gotten into the rice."

"Marisa's food!" It wails, as you inspect the larder. "Shitty human should get away from it!" It yells as it barrels into and bounces ineffectually off of your legs.

"Ugh, dried vegetables are all gone." You note. "I had a sack of sugar over here, for tea sweetening.... yeah, that's not coming back. I can see a few shreds of the sack in there, tea-leaves scattered everywhere, looks like you ate a bunch of those. Haven't touched the rise much yet, that's something, and there's still some dried mushrooms... Yeah, looks like there's still the salted meat up here too. Either you things couldn't reach it, or you can't take salty flavors."

"Shitty witch stop going through Marisa's thiiings!" The head complains, repeatedly bouncing itself off your knees. Its three children are cheering it on, but by contrast the Reimu-type mother just looks tired and pained. There are still thin lines in it, through which you can see paste... you suppose that it was the one that wounded itself getting through.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49407
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Offer the rest a choice: leave or be thrown out. One snack is enough.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49408
[X] Kill them all, painfully
[X] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.

Sometimes ya gotta put your foot down
>> No. 49409
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Offer the rest a choice: leave or be thrown out. One snack is enough.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.

So I see Marisa is stealing from Marisa. Time to make some lunch.

Also, if anything is going to prove that normal thoughts on evolution don't apply to yukkuri, their fact they never catch on to the fact humans can kill them easily (and said humans think most varieties taste good) should do nicely. It's like they don't have to worry about carrying on the species.
>> No. 49410
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Offer the rest a choice: leave or be thrown out. One snack is enough.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
vape the damn thing.
>> No. 49411
[X] Kill them all, painfully
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49412
Ha ha Marisa's got her DISGUTING.execalibur face on.

[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Offer the rest a choice: leave or be thrown out. One snack is enough.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49413
>>49411
>>49408
Marisa's not one for cruelty, remember? They're too stupid to realize what they did wrong anyway.
>> No. 49415
>>Marisa's not one for cruelty, remember? They're too stupid to realize what they did wrong anyway.

Fuck, you're right. Normally impaling your enemies as a warning to all others is a good way to get a "Don't fuck with me" type message across, but these things would never pick up on that.

[X] Don't bother releasing them as they won't learn any lesson, and don't bother being cruel to them. Just kill them all and be done with it.
[X] Enjoy a snack.
[X] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go.
>> No. 49416
>>49413

Yes she is. During Marisa's annual youkai extermination month she goes around killing for fun.

"gotta exterminate them before they blow up" is what I think she says in Imperishable night.
>> No. 49417
[x] Well, as you've said, food is food. That should take care of lunch. Too bad for them. Pack up something to drink as well.
[x] Do something about that window, if you can. Too bad you haven't figured out Patchy's wood-from-nowhere trick yet (even if the vines are a little disturbing). You probably have some boards and nails lying around, however.
[x] Also see if you still have any leftover potions lying around that might be able to put a big lizard to sleep, or otherwise incapacitate or disorient one.
[x] Grab those cages, then head toward the Bamboo Forest.
-[x] On your way keep a look out for something that would make better lizard-bait than you would.

And, since there has been a dearth of fairies recently, it might be interesting to see what they are all up to, if we run into any. I happen to like the 3 fairies. Cirno-with-golems might also be good. Lilly is pretty much a 1-trick pony, though.

>>49400
And yes, I too have been both intrigued and horrified by that thought.
>> No. 49418
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Offer the rest a choice: leave or be thrown out. One snack is enough.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.

Simple & easy enough.
>> No. 49419
voting to kill the daddy = voting to kill them all since they aren't going to last very long after that.
>> No. 49420
>>49419
Yeah, but too many sweets is bad for the health and I don't think they take to storage well either.

...

I GOT A GREAT IDEA. Modifying my vote(>>49407). Instead of letting them leave...

[x] Capture the rest. Since things naturally attack them, maybe you can use them as bait for dinosaurs?
>> No. 49421
>>49420

You don't need bait if you can fly.
>> No. 49422
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Capture the rest. Since things naturally attack them, maybe you can use them as bait for dinosaurs?
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49423
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Capture the rest. Since things naturally attack them, maybe you can use them as bait for dinosaurs?
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49424
>>49421
Maybe, but if they see that too and they're smart enough, they may run or hide. Might as well bring them to a point you want.
>> No. 49425
Changing my vote to this.

[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Capture the rest. Since things naturally attack them, maybe you can use them as bait for dinosaurs?
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49426
[x] Don't bother releasing them as they won't learn any lesson, and don't bother being cruel to them. Just kill them all and be done with it.
[x] Enjoy a snack.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go.
>> No. 49427
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Offer the rest a choice: leave or be thrown out. One snack is enough.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49428
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Capture the rest. Since things naturally attack them, maybe you can use them as bait for dinosaurs?
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49429
[x] Flash-fry the annoying one, have a snack. Might as well get some food back out of it.
[x] Offer the rest a choice: leave or be thrown out. One snack is enough.
[x] Do something about the window. Block access to the food in case more manage to come in, then take your broom and go. Can't take too much time here, so make quick fixes now. You'll do something about it if Patchy gives you more free time or when you're done working for her.
>> No. 49430
Can someone run an IP check here? Too many of these votes took place way too quickly, and I'm thinking someone might be vote spamming here.
>> No. 49431
File 132054999343.png - (82.34KB, 350x350, Mima.png) [iqdb]
49431
>>He said it's also based on how well known they are. No one knows who Mima is, so that's a no go.

Relevant picture is relevant.
>> No. 49435
File 132055285662.jpg - (632.59KB, 800x825, b6cb8c64fdfd3463465ebaa1a05307f6.jpg) [iqdb]
49435
You're crouched as it jumps again, but this time you're annoyed enough to be prepared, and you intercept it mid-leap with the Hakkero. The disembodied head has just enough time to look startled and manage a 'yu' before you activate it, and the area of space it is occupying, plus a little bit, seems to ripple with the sudden heat.

It has enough time to draw in breath to begin to scream its pain, skin-dough blackening and flaking away, hat blasted off to float gently down, slightly singed and smoking, and then it's finished. Much of the outer layer flakes and crumbles away as it falls toward the ground, but that's fine, you aren't really good with chewing on face anyway. You catch it before it hits the ground, and brush the ash off.

The cheering from the young has come to an abrupt, horrified halt, thought the mother simply looks... resigned. As though she had expected this outcome from the beginning, to at least some extent. The hat lands, and one of the young wiggles across the floor to nudge at it, and look up at what's in your hand.

"Da... dwaddie?" It says.

You take a bite, closing up the cupboards and sealing them with quick and dirty arcane locks. Won't keep a magician worth their salt out, of course. Probably won't keep a youkai, or even a determined fairy, out either. But those know more or less not to pull this sort of thing on you.

"Nothing personal, kid." You say, taking another bite as its eyes tears up. "But you things should know better than to pull this sort of thing when you're made out of food and can't back up your bravado."

"Husband is too stubborn." The Reimu says. "... was too stubborn. Knew food was inside. Refused to listen when Reimu said miss might come back."

"Yeah, that's not my problem, is it." You say, munching quickly until you've finished the unexpected meal. You take a moment to fish some nails and a hammer out of a drawer.

The Reimu doesn't seem to initially recognize the implements. It only takes a moment, though, to realize that the one is heavy-looking, and the others are long and pointy.

"Babies leave quickly." She says, before wriggling painfully forward, some traces of paste oozing out of the rents, still not fully sealed. They must have been very deep, given you've seen shallow ones heal over quickly, but that's broken glass for you. Possibly there are still fragments broken off inside, given its grim expression as it prostates itself as best it can. The babies have ignored it, to cluster around the hat and sob.

"Reimu hurts. Reimu is weak. Reimu cannot hunt properly for babies like this, and Reimu will probably not be able to find a new husband if Reimu heals, with uneasy scar marks. Reimu begs that miss satisfies herself with Reimu alone, and lets babies leave quietly."

"Put a sock in it, will you?" You say, stepping past her in disinterest to wiggle some thin planks out from behind a cabinet. You've used these to cover windows before, a few times. They'll work again, now, as you hammer them into place. A quick hack job with that minor ward again should make it work despite that it's not really a 'door' that you're blocking, and the glass still there will offer further issues to getting in.

That done, you put the boards back and start digging through your things. Stuff that will help catch things... you could make a potion that would give off a thick cloud of billowing smoke when opened or destroyed, but lots of things hunt by smell, and so you don't know how good that will be at disorienting them. It would take you a couple hours to brew, anyway, and you don't have any in stock. You do have a volatile little beauty of a brew that should erupt into a violent little fireball when thrown against something. You take both of those vials. Hm, aside from that, not much. Most of your hunting, when you put in that kind of effort instead of just trading with a hunter, doesn't really put much emphasis on keeping the quarry alive once you've found it.

Ah. These act as really strong sedatives, though. Probably won't do any good splashing off scales, but if it gets in a dino's mouth, depending on the size, it could knock them out. One dose can drop a stampeding bull, and have it asleep before it hits the ground... you grab six.

"... Miss is not angry?" the Reimu asks, clearly not expecting things to have gone this way.

"What. You thought I was going to nail you to the floor over this? Geeze." You say. "No bigger point to getting upset over it than a few mice coming in and getting into things. I'm not bipolar enough to flip out and start torturing those, either."

"Then Reimu and babies can go?" It says, beginning to slowly edge its way towards the door.

"Yeah, sure." You say. "I don't care. Get out before I throw you out."

It calls its infants from the door, but they refuse to move from the hat, still weeping sorrowfully. How irritating. You pick the hat up, ignoring their shrill cries ouf outrage at your desecrating touch, and flick it out the door. They give chase.

It's only a few moments more, and you're sealing up the house for good, broom in hand. Nothing will get in now, probably.

The Yu's are still here, though. The mother is calling the infants as it moves laboriously towards a bush, likely to vacate the area as quickly as possible, but again they just sit in place and bawl their eyes out, refusing to leave the hat. The mother pauses, caught in clear indecision. If she just goes, then the infants will likely mourn there until they starve to death or something nasty catches and eats them. If she stays, and tries to make them come along, though, she risks angering the terrifying witch of the forest, who might place a curse on her and her family~

But really, watching the brats wail on your lawn is just plain irritating.

More annoying is the slow, near inaudible grumbling of that high and mighty whatever it is that's stuck in your Hakkero, trying to nudge you towards helping the things out, somehow. It's not anywhere near the shrill it gets to when you try to borrow something, though, so it's pretty ignorable.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49436
[x]Tie the potion to them and use them for Dino-Bait.
>> No. 49438
[x] Vaporize the hat.
-[x] If the babies still ignore the mother, kill it out of mercy, and use the babies as bait.
[x] Move on.

Being embedded with glass that keeps ripping holes in you from the inside must suck. If the family can't stay together, then there's really not much else for the mother to look forward to, except dying painfully and alone.
>> No. 49439
[x] Vaporize the hat.
-[x] If the babies still don't follow the mother, put them all out of their misery.
[x] Move on.

>>49437
Agreed. And maybe Marisa should swing quickly by Reimu's place before going dino hunting? We have plenty of time, depending on how much time exorcism would take.
>> No. 49442
>>[ ] What do you do?

I'll tell you to go check out Doll's Quest, as we've pretty much finalized our votes on what to do there, and somehow also tempted Fate/Murphy with 148790's post. Oh, and I suppose I'll make a vote here too.

[x] Vaporize the hat.
-[x] If the babies still ignore the mother, kill it out of mercy, and use the babies as bait.
[x] Move on.
>> No. 49443
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.
>> No. 49444
[x]Seeing as you're technically still under the employ of the one who put the annoying voice there in the first place, you can wait to exorcise it until your employment has ended in a couple days.
[x] Put the hat on the mother Reimu.
[x] Offer to give the family a ride to the bamboo forest in a cage, where the mother might be able to find an Eirin. The fact that they will also be a lot farther from your house has nothing to do with it.

May as well give them a lift, since it'll make magic voice happy and we're going there anyway.
>> No. 49445
[x] Vaporize the hat.
-[x] If the babies still don't follow the mother, put them all out of their misery.
[x] Move on.
>> No. 49446
[x] Put the hat on the mother Reimu.
[x] If they still don't leave, put them out of their (your) misery.
[x] Get to dino huntin'
>> No. 49447
[x] Vaporize the hat.
-[x] If the babies still don't follow the mother, put them all out of their misery.
[x] Move on.
>> No. 49448
[X] Vaporize the Mother.
[X] Hunt the babies.
[X] Put the hat(s) on the Dinos.
>> No. 49449
[x] That damn wailing sure is annoying. If the brats keep it up, then they're sure to attract a lot of attention. Huh. If they don't shut the hell up they're sure to be bait one way or another, so they might as well be dino-bait. Stuff the lot in the cage. Hat, too, since they seem to follow it.
- Well, if they're really lucky, they might attract an Eirin-yu first. Maybe it could lick the mom or something (ick). You really doubt it, though.
[x] Move on.
>> No. 49451
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.
>> No. 49454
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.

It's not like i want to help them or anything, i'm just doing this to keep the hakkero ghost happy.
>> No. 49455
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.
[X} mind you your only doing this to try to get the spirt to help you... maybe if it likes you more it might even make your master spark stronger
>> No. 49456
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.

Might as well humour the spirit of LASER, if only because dinosaurs.

Marisa is out of sugar, but if she has any of those Lovecraftian Healing Potions to hand...
>> No. 49457
mind you your only doing this to try to get the spirit to help you... maybe if it likes you more it might even make your master spark stronger

keep this in mind people
>> No. 49459
pity about the mother she seems good enough.
>> No. 49460
>>49455
>>49456

Wow...thanks alot dudes. Now my vote looks like votespam.
>> No. 49461
>>Marisa is out of sugar, but if she has any of those Lovecraftian Healing Potions to hand...

I blame you for this.

[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with one of your super effective healing potions (Marisa is in no way liable for any possible side-effects and actions performed under those side-effects).
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.
>> No. 49463
Holy crap I just realized something...everybody copy and pasted the vote with a typo in it.

>put the other one's hat in her head

Oh boy it's gunna be interesting to see if Kahi trolls us by writing that exactly as it appears.
>> No. 49464
>>49460

surprisingly enough it's not vote spam because i only posted the first one some else must of had the same thought I did though we want the spirit/ghost happy with us
>> No. 49465
File 132056431871.jpg - (169.78KB, 1024x1192, DinosaurExperiment.jpg) [iqdb]
49465
This has been brewing in my mind for a couple days. Normally I'd ask for an update here, but I'd really like to see an update in Doll's Quest. I know, odd right? I'm still trying to figure out how to flesh out two/three omakes more related to Doll's Quest than Patchy's Quest, but this one came first.

~

Light and steam vented from cracks in the floor of the old disused complex, giving the room an eerie tone. An old, disused flag hung from the wall, proudly displaying an old Lunarian symbol, and denoting the room as having at one time belonged to something with at least some fondness for Luna. Of course, this facility had long since been abandoned by its original owners. Though with the passage of time, new tenants had taken the facility for their own, and why shouldn't they, considering it was the place of their Hatching. The clack of talons echoed through the room as Swift-Claw walked forward, lost in thought. Many of the pack had destroyed much in the facility, but none would dare touch the flag that hung on the wall. They would find a way to make themselves like the worthy "Not-Pack" and the "False Not-Pack."

Swift-Claw had seen a food-prey become like the "False Not-Pack", so he knew it was possible that one day one of the Pack would become like the "False Not-Pack". When that day came, they would make false skins like the "Not-Pack" do, and they would take that symbol that hung on the wall, and make it theirs.
>> No. 49466
>>49465

Make an omake thread in /blue/. I come here to read Patchy Quest, not whatever you're writing.
>> No. 49472
>>49466
There are dinosaurs in and near Eientei, and given what we know of the Lunarians, comparisons can be made between them and the Nazi's. Top that off with a picture of "Nazi Dinosaurs" and voilà. A little too much "In knowledge" to the scene, but it's not incomprehensible as you're bitching it to be.
>> No. 49473
>>49464

Hello. Due to the poor grammar, I'm going to assume you're new here. Please read the rules at >>/gensokyo/6052 and take the time to proofread your posts in the future. If English is not your native language, you may wish to look up capitalization rules and what constitutes a run-on sentence. If you normally type like that, you'll want to look it up regardless.
>> No. 49474
File 132056691347.jpg - (188.05KB, 430x673, TReich.jpg) [iqdb]
49474
>>Nazi Dinosaurs

Relevant picture is relevant.
>> No. 49478
>>49472
I didn't see any complaints about incomprehensibility from >>49466, although there are a number of things that make no sense, such as where the fuck the Lunarians went and why the raptor tribe loves the giant Nazi banner to death.

What he was saying, and what I too have to say, is:
What the FUCK does a pack of intelligent dinosaurs living in Nazi ruins have to do with Patchy Quest? I don't think it has anything to do with Doll's Quest either.
>> No. 49479
>>49478
Ask yourself this then, are there ANY Lunarians living near Eientei? If the answer is yes, you have reason for a flag with a Lunarian symbol on it to be there.

To the second part of your question, ask yourself this, is there a reason ANY race might hold "The place of their creation and/or rebirth and the ones responsible for it" sacred? If the answer is yes, you have an answer for why they would hold the place, and maybe even the flag/symbol, sacred.

Think it through before you start ranting. You'll comes across not only as being less antagonistic for the sake of antagonism, but also less ignorant/arrogant as well.
>> No. 49480
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.
>> No. 49481
[x] Take them to Kourin. You're headed back there anyways.

I want that Reimu. It's a Good Reimu.
>> No. 49483
[x] This Reimu is smart. Your current employer interested in smart Yu's. Take them to her.
>> No. 49484
>>49460

Bah! I say, it is you and your time-dislocated malingering whom hath given mine vote the appearance of "vote-spam"!
>> No. 49485
Well, I'm impressed as this defied my rather low expectations of this. Interesting characters, particularly Tewi with the Yakuza connections, and such. Was your Tewi inspired by anything? Honestly if this story has a romantic route, it'd be Tewi all the way.

I kinda wish there was a /at/ short of Koa's hijinks as even despite all the soul suckage going down, I can't help it'd be sexy too.

I'm surprised that Eirin hasn't made full blown cure as of this moment.
>> No. 49486
File 13205939687.png - (138.96KB, 350x300, YukkuriChenBodied.png) [iqdb]
49486
>>49485
>Tewi
YES.
>>49463
My bad, I guess. English isn't my first language. But you get what I meant, no?
>> No. 49487
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
-[x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something
-[x] After it has healed put the other one's hat in her head so the little shits follow her and they can leave for good.

Because the Master Spark could always be more powerful.
>> No. 49490
Notice for the healing vote: I don't believe Marisa mentionend juice in storage and the sugar was eaten. In fact, there's nothing sweet left for a healing job for them, so that option is pretty much impossible.

Kourin could do something and may appreciate a smart one, but I don't believe it will be the same for the kids.
>> No. 49492
>>49490

Who cares about any of that? It's the thought tthat counts. We don't care if the little shit gets healed or not, we just want the spark.
>> No. 49494
>>49492
Speak for yourself, jerk. You won't be getting any spark powerups with that attitude.
>> No. 49495
>>49479
Dude, your 'omake' has nothing to do with this story no matter how you spin it. Nevermind that it sucks too.
>> No. 49497
>>49485
>>49486
Seems to me like Tewi's playing the Patchoulli route whether we like it or not.
>> No. 49499
>>49479

No. There are no Lunarians living around Eientei because they live on the FUCKING MOON.

Even the two that became exiled and settled there have no reason to abandon the sole building(or group of buildings) they've made there. And at least one of them is immortal.

In any case, both sides of this discussion are probably getting annoying to the rest of the thread. If you want to discuss the merits of your story further, I would suggest you make a dedicated thread somewhere and ask for feedback.
>> No. 49500
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
- [x] Remove the remaining glass from the mother and then seal it up with sugar or orange juice or something, if you can.
- [x] This Reimu is smart. Your current employer is interested in smart yukkuri. Take them to her.

Yukkuri that plead for other yukkuri's lives are worth preserving.
>> No. 49501
>>49500
As nice as wanting to preserve it is, >>49490 did bring a good point that we have nothing to heal it after removing the glass.
>> No. 49502
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
- [x] Try seeing if you can get some sugar/Orange Juice from kourindou as to patch up the mother Reimu.
- [x] This Reimu is smart. Your current employer is interested in smart yukkuri. Take them to her.
>> No. 49503
>>49501
I counter >>49490's point with >>49456's point.

Failing that, Patchy can patch it! Or Sakuya can anyway.
>> No. 49505
>>There are no Lunarians living around Eientei because they live on the FUCKING MOON.

Ahh, so there are no Mexican's living in America then? No American's living in Canada?
>> No. 49506
>>49505
The only Lunarians living in Gensokyo are the ones mentioned in the story.
>> No. 49507
>>49505
Neither Mexicans nor Americans have a society built around isolationism.
>> No. 49508
>>49506
>>The only Lunarians living in Gensokyo are the ones mentioned in the story.

And what do you know, those Lunarians are stated to be the reason behind the Dinosaurs! What a coincidence!
>> No. 49509
[x] No sense in angering the thing more, lest you lose your sparks. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
- [x] Try seeing if you can get some sugar/Orange Juice from kourindou as to patch up the mother Reimu.
- [x] This Reimu is smart. Your current employer is interested in smart yukkuri. Take all of the yukkuri to her and let Patchouli decide from there.
>> No. 49510
File 132061934852.jpg - (201.26KB, 582x800, c9f3313a98eafe0f013159eea3a7a520.jpg) [iqdb]
49510
Yeesh. Cry cry cry. Cry more, why don't they. You pluck the hat up from in the middle of them, since the idiots didn't move.

"Da... Dwaddies hatch!" One wailed, starting to hop after you with its siblings as you stroll over to the wounded mother. It turns, and tries to escape into the bushes, but it's still too slow. It's hardly moved at all by the time you reach it and pick it up. "Dwaddie's wonnerful mischer hat, that keep'sh off mischer rain and lets ush float acrosch the scary water! The lasht thing... the lasht thing Mawisha haj of dwaddie! Gibe it back, da-ze!"

"Cry some more." You say, setting the mother down while you pluck the small ones off the ground and stuff them in the hat. They wriggle and thrash inside, but they're not getting out, since they're unwilling to chew through the hat.

"... Miss said Reimu and babies could go!" The mother complains, too tired and pained to make another attempt at fleeing, sitting in place on the lawn as you set the broom floating.

"Yeah, I did. And then you didn't. So I changed my mind." You say, picking it up and setting it on your lap as you sit sideways on the broom, floating up in the air as you tuck the top of the hat into its mouth.

"Keep hold of that. If you drop it, I won't catch it, and then the ones inside will splat~" You say. "All over the ground."

The Reimu makes some indescribable noise, but keeps hold of the makeshick sack, even as complaints show that some of the brats inside are getting airsick. Well, it's only a bit to Kourindou from here. They'll keep, probably.

You haven't really decided to throw it out or shove it onto patchy yet, but just letting the mother go off with glass flakes turning her insides into a very slow blender doesn't sit quite right, after a few moments of thought. What if someone tried to eat it, after all? There's glass inside. They'll slash their mouth and tongue to ribbons without realizing it until it's too late. Yeah, that thing in the Hakkero can grumble all it wants, you don't really care if the yu lives or dies, but it would be annoying if you cut your mouth up that way, and so you should probably get the bits out. Maybe a little thought is going towards appeasing it, since Kourin flat out said that it couldn't be forcibly removed. Though you haven't talked to Reimu about it yet. And you don't think you want to bother going too far out of your way just to keep a magic voice happy with you anyway.

You don't know much about this stuff, though, so the only thing you could do is poke around inside its wounds and see if you manage to find something that needs to be taken out. That strikes you as not such a great idea, if you aren't trying to kill the thing, which you don't really feel like doing outright at this point. Kourin will probably know how to fix it, though. He makes a point out of making his stretch out for a long time, when the mood hits him, so he probably knows a lot of the best ways to keep one of these things from dying. For that matter, Patchy could probably figure out a way to fix it without killing it, too. And she does seem to like smarter, docile ones, or whatever category she judges the things by. You still haven't decided yet, though.

For now, you'll just have Kourin hold them.

"Ah? I thought you said that you weren't hunting these, Marisa."

"Wasn't expecting to." You reply. "Got home, and found out I'd been invaded. Big daddie was aggravating, so I just dealt with that one quickly. Would have let the others go, but the kids were too dumb to abandon the hat, and the mom seems smarter than normal, but not smart enough to ditch the kids until too late."

"They do get attached." He notes. "To family, and to things."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, this one probably has glass bits inside, from my window, so it shouldn't be able to run properly, and if it does get away it'll just die in the wild, the bits slicing it up inside until it gives up and stops moving." You say. "Thinking about having those taken out, hadn't decided what to do from there."

You pick up the cage, replacing it with the yu's, and float off.

"... Hey wait, you can't just dump these on me like this, Marisa!" Kourin calls after you.

You can't hear him. You're too far away already, and can't hear him complaining. Too bad~

It's only a little bit before you're floating outside the Bamboo Forest, considering how you're going to tackle this hunt.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49511
[x] Look for unattended nests. Young dinosaurs will probably take substantially less tranquilizer to be rendered docile, and you might be able to fit a couple in per cage.
>> No. 49512
[x] Look for unattended nests. Young dinosaurs will probably take substantially less tranquilizer to be rendered docile, and you might be able to fit a couple in per cage.
[x] Pay attention - dinosaurs probably don't follow spellcard rules, so the first thing they're likely to do is try to eat you.
[x]If bait (read: idiot yukkuri trying to bring a raptor down on you) appears, use it to lure the dino to where you can tranquilize it or its kids safely.
>> No. 49513
x] Look for unattended nests. Young dinosaurs will probably take substantially less tranquilizer to be rendered docile, and you might be able to fit a couple in per cage.
[x] Pay attention - dinosaurs probably don't follow spellcard rules, so the first thing they're likely to do is try to eat you.
mm..that'll do.
>> No. 49514
[x] Look for unattended nests. Young dinosaurs will probably take substantially less tranquilizer to be rendered docile, and you might be able to fit a couple in per cage.
[x] Pay attention - dinosaurs probably don't follow spellcard rules, so the first thing they're likely to do is try to eat you.
[x]If bait appears, use it to lure the dino to where you can tranquilize it or its kids safely.

I wonder what we'll find? A dimetrodon would be a fun one to catch; it's sail may have heated its blood to let it become active earlier in the day, granting it free meals while other reptiles couldn't run away.
>> No. 49516
[x] Look for unattended nests. Young dinosaurs will probably take substantially less tranquilizer to be rendered docile, and you might be able to fit a couple in per cage.
[x] Pay attention - dinosaurs probably don't follow spellcard rules, so the first thing they're likely to do is try to eat you.
[x]If bait appears, use it to lure the dino to where you can tranquilize it or its kids safely.
>> No. 49518
File 132062693291.png - (537.29KB, 600x725, 3eb2ec1a5e4556c6fb9843abd6685f0e.png) [iqdb]
49518
.... The problem, you reflect after a bit, is that the bamboo forest is really damn big.

You aren't sure exactly how big. From outside, or above, you would guess it to be maybe around the size of the stupidly huge walled in landscape of the Scarlet Mansion. Maybe a little smaller. There's some serious manipulation of time and space going on in both places, though. In the SDM's case, to sprawl out and take up a lot more space than they should be able to, without actually taking any room from anyone else, somehow like sticking a folded umbrella into loose earth, then opening it. Sort of. Well, it's probably more complicated than that, anyway.

Here, though, it's more of a compression, closer to the actual mansion itself. Only in the sense that there's a lot more inside than should be possible if you measured the outside of it, though. It doesn't at all help that the whole place is almost always shrouded with a thin, obscuring mist. Might be something Eientei did, you don't know. If you didn't know better, though, you'd say the forest itself was alive... well, made of plant life, that was obvious. Cognizant, then, of interlopers, and deliberately acting to lead them astray out of simple malevolence.

The best way to do this is to look for unguarded nests, though, as you can probably fit more in the cage if they're younger. Take less to keep them drugged up, too. To do that, you have to be close enough to the ground to pick out the nests in the gloom.

As it turns out, you aren't that good at picking out nests in gloom. Who knew. By this point, though, you're almost dragging the cage against the dirt as you fly, and the hot sun would be beating down on your head if there wasn't so much mist about.

"Well, they have to be in here somewhere..." You grumble to yourself.

No sooner have you said this, than something rustles in the undergrowth and looms out of it, stepping menacingly towards you. It's not a dinosaur, though. It's just a bear. A really big bear, but you aren't interested in bears right now, so you automatically start to reach for the Hakkero to blast it away and keep looking.

You don't have time to pull it out, though, before someone else has stepped in. That forest-hobo, or yakitori vendor, whichever, calmly kicking the bear in the jaw. It lurches fromm the blow, and seems to consider attacking after, but then turns and stumbles back into the vegetation as Mokou ignites a cigarette.

"... Oh. It's you." She says, only now getting a good look at you. "Didn't recognize you in that. If I'd known, I wouldn't have bothered."

.... Well, it's not what you were looking for, but you'd also been thinking about keeping an eye out for 'bait', after all.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49519
[X] Ask directions to the dinosaur lair.
>> No. 49520
[x] Excellent

[X] Say Mokou how would you like to mess with the princess current pet project?
>> No. 49524
[X] You should put that cigarette out, those things will kill you one of these days.
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.
>> No. 49525
[X] Ask her if she's seen any dinosaurs around here.
[X] If she has then ask if she can guide you to them, directions likely won't be sufficient in the Bamboo Forest.
>> No. 49527
[X] Ask her if she's seen any dinosaurs around here.
[X] If she has then ask if she can guide you to them, directions likely won't be sufficient in the Bamboo Forest.
>> No. 49528
[X] You should put that cigarette out, those things will kill you one of these days.
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.
>> No. 49529
[X] Ask her if she's seen any dinosaurs around here.
[X] If she has then ask if she can guide you to them, directions likely won't be sufficient in the Bamboo Forest.
>> No. 49530
[x] "I love you too, Mokou."
[x] Tell her about Yukari's portals to Hogwash (or whatever it is).
[x] Then lead her to believe that people are already missing and you've been sent to help, and there's a good chance they might be impending dino-chow.
-[x] Convince yourself that you didn't really lie (much), so you can convince her. It might actually be true, right?
>> No. 49531
[X] You should put that cigarette out, those things will kill you one of these days.
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.
>> No. 49532
[x] "I love you too, Mokou."
[x] Tell her about Yukari's portals to Hogwash (or whatever it is).
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.
>> No. 49533
[x] "I love you too, Mokou."
[x] Tell her about Yukari's portals to Hogwash (or whatever it is).
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.

Sounds good to me.
Also: my god, Yukkuris in every update. This is getting to be too much.
>> No. 49535
We need to find a way to get Mokou to follow Marisa back to the SDM, that way the inevitable "Mokou falls in love with fawkes" scene can happen.
>> No. 49536
[x] "I love you too, Mokou."
[x] Tell her about Yukari's portals to Hogwash (or whatever it is).
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.

>>49533
It's not THAT bad, although it's starting to get there. Hopefully we're not gonna run into any while we're dinosaur hunting.
>> No. 49538
[x] "I love you too, Mokou."
[x] Tell her about Yukari's portals to Hogwash (or whatever it is).
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.
>> No. 49539
>>49533

They're part of the story. deal with it and stop being an anti-yukkuri threadshitter.
>> No. 49540
>>49539
Just because he's tired of seeing them doesn't mean he's a hater.
>> No. 49541
[x] "I love you too, Mokou."
[x] Tell her about Yukari's portals to Hogwash (or whatever it is).
[x] Thank her for the help, unneeded and unintended as it may be.
[x] Ask for directions to dinosaur nests if possible.
>> No. 49543
File 132064438632.jpg - (15.60KB, 238x256, trex.jpg) [iqdb]
49543
Oh, you just feel the warmth and tender sentiment there.

"Love you too, Mokou." You say dryly. "Should put that out. You know they kill people, right?"

"Ha. Ha." The immortal says blankly. "What brings you to this neck of the woods, though?"

"Coupl'a things." You say. "You might've heard about Yukari's latest thing, outside-portals?"

"No." She says.

"Well, Tewi knew. I guess she didn't tell you?"

"We don't speak much." Mokou says. "She's not a frequent customer."

"Huh. Shame. Short of it is: they'll be opening, or are already open, and people might come through. But to business. Thanks for the help, but I need to find dinosaurs right now. No time to play. Mind pointing the way?"

"That way." Mokou says, raising a hand in indifference.

"West! Alright!" You reply.

"That's north by northeast, kid." Mokou says in some amusement.

.... Huh. You feel a little awkward, now.

"The forest of the lost does that. Turns you around, unless you know exactly what you're doing. Finding what you're looking for alone is usually a matter of luck, or spectacular intuition."

"Yeah, okay. Mind leading me there?" You ask.

"Sure, sure. Mind if I ask why?" Mokou says, floating up into the air and drifting a little ahead of you as you wind between stalks of bamboo.

"Well, got the day off, was told to do something 'interesting'. Dinos were suggested. Haven't thought of anything better." You admit.

"Well, it's not too much farther." Mokou says, before starting to drift down. "Some of the nests are in this area..."

"Hey, nice." You say, instantly moving through the mists. Mokou shadows you, not seeming quite certain of this whole venture, but at the same time not willing to leave you alone.

It only takes you a few minutes to finally locate a crashed down section of bamboo, and a nest with some young... sort of lizards, sleeping in it. They have horns, and look like they stomp around on four feet, and a plate that you guess protects the back of their necks. Aside from that, you really can't classify them any further.

You go ahead and put a couple in the cage, while Mokou sighs.

"Well, that went well." You say. Not exactly what you would call 'interesting', though.

The ground trembles with a stomp.

"... You just had to say something. Couldn't just leave quietly." Mokou says with an air of resignation.

There's another ground-trembling stomp, and an enormous lizard with tiny wiggling arms and a maw of giant, pointy teeth enters the area. The young have awakened and have all started panicking, the ones in the cage trying to get out, and the others running off into the undergrowth.

The giant lizard lowers its head and bellows in your direction.

Well, on the plus side, you guess this is a pretty interesting turn of events.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49545
[X] Magicannon 「Final Spark」

This is it, that wasted time helping the mother yukkuri has led to this moment.
>> No. 49546
[x]Knock that thing out. You're not sure how you'll end up getting it back, but Flan's going to love that thing.
>> No. 49547
[x] With arms that short, pretty much the only threat is its mouth. Throw a smokebomb at it, and while it's distracted, fly up and grab onto its neck with broom in hand.
[x] If it manages to throw you off, fly out of reach.
[x] Attempt to ride it. Use low-power shots to encourage compliance.

Dinosaur hijinks is best hijinks.
>> No. 49548
[x] With arms that short, pretty much the only threat is its mouth. Throw a smokebomb at it, and while it's distracted, fly up and grab onto its neck with broom in hand.
[x] If it manages to throw you off, fly out of reach.
[x] Attempt to ride it. Use low-power shots to encourage compliance.
[x]Knock that thing out. You're not sure how you'll end up getting it back, but Flan's going to love that thing.
>> No. 49550
[x]Comet "Blazing Star"
[x]TIME TO ZOOM!

We got our package and if we're lucky the big guy'll get blasted by our backwash. Kill two fairies with one stone
>> No. 49551
>>49549
You realise this thing is not the mother of the young ones, right?
>> No. 49552
>>49551

Dammit. Yeah, missed that. Modified:

[x]Knock that thing out. You're not sure how you'll end up getting it back, but Flan's going to love that thing.
[x] It occurs to you that for some reason Tewi has been more irritating to you than normal lately. Also it might be easier to KO the big lizard if you exhaust it first. So! Two birds with one stone:
-[x] "Say, Mokou... race you to Eientei!" Then blast it with something relatively minor to get its attention.
-[x] Try to keep Mokou in sight so you don't get lost as you lead the big one on a merry chase. Bet that rabbit will be surprised!
>> No. 49553
Hopefully Mokou tosses us a「possessed by Phoenix」, that way we won't die, even if we are killed.
>> No. 49554
>>49552

That's a pretty dumb vote, how the heck would you have a race if Mokou is the only one who knows the way to Eientei?
>> No. 49555
[x] With arms that short, pretty much the only threat is its mouth. Throw a firebomb at it, and while it's distracted, fly up and grab onto its neck with broom in hand.
[x] If it manages to throw you off, fly out of reach.
[x] Attempt to ride it. Use low-power shots to encourage compliance.

>>49435
>It would take you a couple hours to brew, anyway, and you don't have any in stock.
We have no smoke bombs. We did grab some napalm, though.
>> No. 49556
[x] Kick a T-rex in the face.
[x] Become the Green Ranger
>> No. 49557
[X]Spark that bitch [the dino not mokou]
[x] resit the urge to ride the Dino that way leads to you having to use continue and we are not having that damn it.
>> No. 49558
[x] Next time it bellows, pop twothree sedatives in its mouth.

Overkill? What's that?
>> No. 49562
>>49557
You'd probably be a lot more persuasive if you didn't type like a twelve year old under the influence of some form of mind-altering substance.

Just sayin'.
>> No. 49563
[x] Next time it bellows, pop two sedatives in its mouth.
That's what her potions are for!
>> No. 49564
[x] With arms that short, pretty much the only threat is its mouth. Throw a firebomb at it, and while it's distracted, fly up and grab onto its neck with broom in hand.
[x] If it manages to throw you off, fly out of reach.
[x] Attempt to ride it. Use low-power shots to encourage compliance.
[x]Knock that thing out. You're not sure how you'll end up getting it back, but Flan's going to love that thing.

I expect Remilia will not like Flandre keeping a T-rex for a pet, but I doubt Marisa cares at this point.
>> No. 49565
you all are gonna get us all killed
>> No. 49566
>>49565
Poor Marisa,
she died as she lived
fighting dinosaurs.
>> No. 49568
>>49565
And nothing of value was lost.
>> No. 49569
>>49565
There are buttons on the sides of your keyboard, labeled shift. Utilize them.
>> No. 49570
File 132069881996.jpg - (28.83KB, 468x245, whywouldn'tithavelasers.jpg) [iqdb]
49570
You don't really hesitate at all, tugging a 'splody vial out of your pocket and flinging it through the air. Only in retrospect do you consider that your pocket might not have been the smartest place to keep a vial of something meant to blow up, but that's neither here nor there.

The giant lizard snaps at it, but misses, and it smashes open against its head, erupting in flame. Mokou joins the fray with a couple controlled bursts of fire, singing and scoring at its thick scales. It bellows its rage at this turn of events, shaking its head at the fire, and holds its mouth open. There's something... you pick up speed and move instantly, dodging the sizzling beam of heat the thing has belched out.

"WHY WOULD IT HAVE LASERS?" You yell.

"WHY DOES ANYTHING HAVE LASERS?" Mokou yells back. "JUST DON'T STOP DODGING!"

Well, the dangerous bits are its teeth, you decide. Arms are too short to reach much of anything, if you can get to... there! You swoop in and drop down, grabbing ahold of its neck.

It can't reach you here, but that doesn't in any way stop it from trying. It starts thrashing violently, and for a moment it's all you can do to hang on. Then you clamp down tight with your legs and lift your broom.

"BAD! LIZARD! SIT! STAY! PLAY DEAD!" You yell, punctuating the first few words with whacks from your broom, and the rest with low-power blasts. The latter seem to bother it more than the former, but not by much. Its scales seem unusually thick and resilient, so...

It's trying a new tactic. A painful one. Instead of thrashing randomly, it's started smashing its neck through bamboo, with you along for the ride. Ouch. That's a splinter. That's several splinters. Damn it, they're just poking right into you through the clothes, splintery bamboo crap.... oh wow, that one hurt more than a little, must have been pretty thick...

Your legs loosen and you quickly find yourself having to right your position in midair, slightly disoriented, and oh shit, teeth.

"Get out of the way, you stupid bitch!" Mokou yells, tackling you and sending you completely out of that patch of air. Unfortunately, that leaves her filling it, and it looks like the lizard'll happily bite down on one as much as the other.

.... wow.

... Does... is the human body even supposed to have that much blood inside? It's just sort of shaking its head, and... oh. There went an arm. Yeah, that'll be no fun. Mokou looks pissed about this... and there it went, she just ignited and burned to ash, scorching the inside of its mouth. It staggers back in confusion, and after a few seconds, the ash all gathers in roughly the same spot, and Mokou's back, looking a little worse for the wear. The scattered blood is still all over the place.

"What part of 'don't stop dodging' is a difficult concept here, huh? And what the hell was that?"

"Seemed like a good idea at the time." You say, without a hint of remorse.

"Damn it Kirisame, I'll make you pay for every drop of blood spilled and death I have to endure, later." She growls.

"Looking forward to it." You reply. "Let's see if we can bring ugly and toothy down, though. Little Flan'll absolutely love the big lug, for however long he lasts..."

Your conversation is interrupted as a beam of searing light passes through the space you were occupying before.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 49571
>DINOSAURS THAT SHOOT LASER BEAMS WHEN THEY ROAR

I have to say, me not expecting this didn't make it any less awesome.

Assuming the laser beams are about the size of a T-Rex mouth, we should be able to lead it on a chase.

[x] Get Mokou to point you in the direction of a cliff or giant tree.
[x] Have her sit on your broom facing backwards to tell you when it's charging its laser, and thus when you'll need to move to avoid it. Maybe give her a couple tranquilizers to throw into its mouth if she gets the chance.
-[x] If she complains, ask if she'd prefer getting lasered because she needed to turn around to avoid obstacles.
[x] Head off on broomstick to location.
>> No. 49572
[x] Your laser is bigger. Spark its spark.

Just like in my Japanese animes!
>> No. 49573
[x] Grab one of the babies, preferably one that's still loose, if any are still around -- doesn't matter if it's injured or dead -- otherwise get one from the cage.
[x] Dose the baby with all the sedatives you brought.  The big guy's probably worth 5 or 6 bulls, and the little one wouldn't want to be awake for the next bit, anyway.
[x] See how good your aim is when flinging small dinosaurs into gaping maws.
[x] Fly up to a safe distance and trade blasts until either the potions kick in or you get bored.
>> No. 49574
[x] Your laser is bigger. Spark its spark.
>> No. 49575
[x] Magicannon 「Final Spark」
>> No. 49576
[x] Hit him with stronger lasers to knock him down
-[x] Use that opportunity to empty the tranquilizer potions in its mouth.
>> No. 49580
File 132071105872.jpg - (88.06KB, 1177x551, Dinosaursthatshootlasersfromtheirmouths.jpg) [iqdb]
49580
I drew a picture. Not because I'm any good at it, but laser dinosaurs need SOMEBODY to draw pictures of them, and it might as well be me.

If people can excuse the extremely poor quality, I might end up making some more if I have some free time.
>> No. 49581
[x] Hit him with stronger lasers to knock him down
-[x] Use that opportunity to empty the tranquilizer potions in its mouth.
>> No. 49583
>>49580

Anon, if your spirit drives you to draw pictures of dinosaurs with lasers then do so. Don't let us hold you back from your true potential.
>> No. 49584
You Idiots. I WARNED YOU BOUT TRYING TO RIDE THAT DINO I WARNED YOU. even if it didn't have a laser what could possibly made you think it was a good idea. Sure it can't bite us but it can still slam us into things ARG!
>> No. 49587
[X]FOR the love of all that is holy Spark him with almost everything you got and if that doesn't work blaze comet the fuck out of there
>> No. 49590
>>49584
>>49587
What the fuck is this? Are we getting kids coming here from some Harry Potter fansite or something?
>> No. 49591
>>49590

Turn your rage down just a bit. Kids coming here from Harry Potter fan-sites have just as much of a right to vote here as you do.
>> No. 49592
>>49584
What's your problem? As long as it's interesting, a bit of damage to the witch matters little.
>> No. 49594
>>49591
I don't give a fuck how someone found their way here as long as they can communicate like an adult.
>> No. 49597
[X]FOR the love of all that is holy Spark him with almost everything you got and if that doesn't work blaze comet the fuck out of there.

Honestly I think this trip is a failure. Dinosaurs are one thing but Dinosaurs with mouth lasers? Well it's not worth risk Marisa's life over.
>> No. 49598
[X} Master Spark! Either it will bring it down, or stun it enough for the sleeping potions.
--Besides, there is no kill like overkill!
---[X] How the heck are you gonna haul that T-Rex to the SDM anyways?
{X} Pass off Mokou's "payment" responsibility to the SDM. You are here on their orders, after all. More specifically a certain Librarian Magician's...
>> No. 49604
>>49603

Dude chill, let people express them selves how ever they like. Even if it with bad grammar. On side note I think he was trying to make joke referencing SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFF.
>> No. 49606
[x] Hit him with stronger lasers to knock him down
-[x] Use that opportunity to empty the tranquilizer potions in its mouth.
>> No. 49607
Relevant

http://armorgames.com/play/3469/robot-dinosaurs-that-shoot-beams-when-they-roar
>> No. 49608
[x] Knock it out. It doesn't have to be in perfect health anyway.
- [x]If that doesn't work, spark its legs away. We have decent healing potions to fix it up after it has been secured.

[x] Also, if we can catch a smaller one, give that to the Kappas to 'improve'. Should be 'interesting'.
- [x] If that fails, just claim we did it anyway, just to see the reaction.
>> No. 49611
File 132078218294.png - (949.39KB, 850x680, sample_3a9c5ec3d537009b61337adcf29d58f24cbfc9d9.png) [iqdb]
49611
Oh yeah. It's not happy that its meal got plucked out of its mouth. Well, not your fault really, just a shame for the lizard that Mokou's unkillable.

It's rocked back a little bit when the beam stops, but it braces itself and leans down again, mote of light starting to form in its jaws as it glowers directly at you.

"Oh, is that how you want to play it, huh?" You ask, pulling the Hakkero out.

The dinosaur fires its laser. You counter with your own. Where they meet... eh, it's a little strange to watch, the beams bulging weirdly against each other in ways you aren't sure what boils down to just light and heat, no matter how concentrated, is really supposed to. For a moment, you look pretty evenly matched. Then you put a little more juice into your Spark. The dinosaur's laser is forced back, slowly at first, then in a cascading rush, as your spark shoves its attack right back down the stupid lizard's throat!

It looks horribly surprised for a moment, then explodes.

".... Well crap. I didn't mean to do that at all." You say, as bits of lizard patter down to the ground like rain drops.

"Looks like an okay result to me. Why didn't you do that from the start?" Mokou asks.

"I wanted to catch it, not kill it!" You insist. "... Guess I put too much stock in its scales, didn't consider that inside wouldn't be so protected. Oh well."

You haven't even touched any of the sedatives, and still have the other 'splody potion. Well, you guess you can drop them back off later if they don't get used.

"So, any more business in the forest?" Mokou asks dryly, clearly looking for a 'no' so she can escort you out.

It kind of makes you want to figure out some other errand to do here, just to annoy her. And anyway, it's not even lunchtime yet. Got to be something you can fill the rest of the day with.

---

Autosage has happened. Korner, thread, coming soon.
>> No. 49612
File 132078491532.jpg - (515.77KB, 727x1000, 402e5faee3220041447819389fa8ff992173454d.jpg) [iqdb]
49612
Gentlemen! It's my turn. Let us be brief.

Defenses- You already got tacit permission from Albus to defend your tower any way you please, so long as the defenses are not immediately fatal without a chance for defense. He likely won't have any complaints about the situation, there. As for the rest of the staff, who knows.

kirin trapped in a gelatinous state and stuffed inside a small decorative box- Fairly sure there's no such thing in the library. 'Turned to goo' is kind of an iffy thing, too. If you have to mess around with things that are really hard to kill like that, it's usually better to do something like separating them into six of seven pieces, then burying each in a random spot on their own continent.

Alice- Its 'bigger' sisters seem to have been from the same litter, and as such it would likely have reached the point of reproductive potency at about the same time as they would have. It's unlikely that it'll turn into a crazy rape-machine at this point, unless you really mess with its head.

Infusion- It's not a possession. Reimu can't do anything about it, as far as Rinnosuke and Patchy know. If the summoner dismisses it, or it decides to leave on its own, though, then that's that. Also, the special metal of it is a part of it: try to pry it off and put it on a new one, and you just end up with the spirit infused into two Hakkero's.

Voldekurri- Who knows? Albus-patterns would clearly have lemon ice cream inside, though.

Curse- Marisa can do this, though Patchy's not in the habit. It takes some set-up, though. Mostly she just practices with little ones, on squirrels and lab-rats, to keep her hand in, since it's an appropriately witchy skill to have.

Cure- With Patchy's odd reluctance to be sedated and chained down to a table indefinitely while Eirin pokes her with needles and takes samples to work with, progress can only go so fast. There are still breakthroughs every so often, though.
>> No. 49614
New Thread: >>49613
>> No. 49618
>>49612
>Alice unlikely to turn into a rape machine.
Hooray!
>> No. 49626
>>49612
Koumajou Densetsu Remilia, hell yes! Maybe Patchouli could slip into her KD'S clothes for the opening of the term too, to try to give an awesome impression?

That aside, yukkuris must clearly be prevented from slipping out. Bad enough that they would slip into non-magical world too, but the idea off those taking the appearance of important people here and reproducing threaten to break my mind.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts] [Top]


[Delete or report post]
Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason  


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x