[Return]
Archived thread

File 121045851233.gif - (104.90KB , 898x646 , patchyblargh.gif ) [iqdb]
3916 No. 3916
There is no way in hell you're venturing into the library without a guide, or at the very least, a map. You start your way along the wall, the way to Patchouli's little table-nest takes a while. As you get nearer you start to hear voices. A lot of the sound is absorbed by the books around you, this isn't like when you were on top of the bookcases and you could hear Flandre's excited voice. This is more subdued. A slow, quiet murmur in the background, gaining clarity as you walk.

Eventually you're able to pick out which voice is which. One of them is definitely Patchouli. The other one is probably Alice, from what little you heard of her earlier it does sound like her. The sound dampening effect of so many books must work both ways because the voices don't stop talking as you get closer. Good idea you didn't decide to make a grand entrance this time. You don't mean to listen in, but you can't help it as you close the final gap between you and the pool of light coming from Patchouli's lamps.

"This part especially." That's Patchouli.
"I know, I know."
"Enough of that for now, I think."
Silence for a moment.
"You going to read some more?" That sounds like Alice.
"Uh ... not if you feel like conversation." Patchouli sounds different from when you talked to her. She sounds almost ... eager?
"What time is it?" Alice asks.
"I have no idea."

[ ] Stop, listen some more.
[ ] Listen some more, peek on them.
[ ] Just walk straight in.
[ ] Call "It's night-time little Alice! You're going to get eaten by monsters!"

>> No. 3917
File 12104585977.jpg - (90.21KB , 604x569 , 1210447957173.jpg ) [iqdb]
3917
[x] Listen some more, peek on them.
>> No. 3918
[x] Stop, listen some more.

Anon's too curious.
>> No. 3920
[x] Listen some more, peek on them.

fap fap fap fap
>> No. 3921
[X] Listen some more, peek on them.

Curious~.

If they catch us, we can just say we wanted to make sure we weren't intruding.
>> No. 3922
[x] Stop, listen some more.

>"This part especially."
If I saved those 4-panels...
>> No. 3923
[ ] Leave.
Let Patchy have her personal time with Alice.
>> No. 3924
[ ] Call "It's night-time little Alice! You're going to get eaten by monsters!"
>> No. 3925
[ ] Call "It's night-time little Alice! You're going to get eaten by monsters!"
>> No. 3926
[x] Stop, listen some more.

Don't tell me Alice was the DBZ author.
>> No. 3927
>>3926

Hi slowpoke.
>> No. 3928
[x] Stop, listen some more.
And then when they're finished, we're going to ask if we can borrow Koakuma.
>> No. 3929
[x] Just walk straight in.
do it faggots
>> No. 3931
[x] Stop, listen some more.
>> No. 3932
[ ] Stop, listen some more.

[ ] Call "Tone down on the quivering"
>> No. 3933
[ ] Listen some more, peek on them.

>>[ ] Call "It's night-time little Alice! You're going to get eaten by monsters!"

No Alice, you are the YOUKAI!
>> No. 3934
Stop and listen won, writing now.
>> No. 3935
These threads always pop up when I'm trying to be productive. Best distractions ever!
>> No. 3936
>>3933

And then Belmanon was a happy soul.
>> No. 3937
You can't help but stop and listen to them talking. Patchouli sounds utterly different to how she does when speaking to you. Well ... almost totally different. It's like there's a different type of edge in her voice. With you it was amused, here it's ... tense? No, that's not quite right, you can't put your finger on it.

"It's getting late isn't it?" Alice asks.
"Does it matter? I feel awake."
"Some of us need sleep to be a little more regular." Alice sounds kind of jokey.
"I can't help that! You know that." Patchouli doesn't sound amused.
"Hey, wasn't saying it like that." Alice says. "But I still can't stay up here all night with you."
"You don't have to." Patchouli says. "You can always take a nap."
"What? Among the books?" Alice laughs.
"I do have a room, you know. Not that you would ever be interested."

There is a long pause.

"What's got into you Patchy?" Alice asks.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Alice."
"That's okay. What's got you in such a temper?"
"I can't explain it." Patchouli says quickly.
You suddenly feel very awkward. You're pretty sure you shouldn't be hearing this.
"Then try. For me?" Alice says.
"That's just making ... oh hell." Patchouli says. "I'm sorry Alice but I just can't. I feel like reading for a while."
"Then I should probably go home."
"I said you could nap here!"

A long silence.

[ ] Keep listening.
[ ] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
[ ] Enter, ask Patchouli what's wrong.
[ ] Enter, tell Alice that Patchouli needs her space.
>> No. 3938
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
>> No. 3939
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
OH HAY GUISE
>> No. 3940
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.

I'm tempted to explore what's happening between Alice and Patchy now, but we must stay on target. We need to find Koakuma.
>> No. 3941
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
>> No. 3942
[x] Keep listening.

Going in now would just get Alice to run off.
>> No. 3943
[ ] Keep listening.

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy!
>> No. 3944
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
>> No. 3945
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
>> No. 3946
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now
>> No. 3947
>>3942
Probably, but it could go either way. Walking in could keep Alice engaged or force her to run off. Vice versa, staying silent could let the situation develop or Alice could get frustrated with Patchu and leave.

Too bad we didn't get a good read on Alice's character when she stepped in, but the Flan points were worth it.
>> No. 3948
[X] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.

Ah, yes! Break up awkward moments by intruding like an oblivious fool!
>> No. 3949
[ ] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.

Preferably doing a Fonzie EYYYYYYYYYYYY as we walk in.
>> No. 3950
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
>> No. 3951
>>3937
[ ] Keep listening.

HOLY PENIS! WHAT A SCOOP!
>> No. 3952
[X] Keep listening.
>> No. 3953
[x] Enter, act as if you didn't hear all that just now.
I hope you can find someplace to hide when either Alice decided to leave or someone creeps up behind you. Fags.
>> No. 3954
Enter won, writing now.
>> No. 3955
Shit, if Alice decides to leave then she's going to have to walk right past you. Unless she decides to fly right over the bookcases. Wouldn't put it past anyone in Gensokyo to going flying around at a moment's notice. More than that though it sounds like the situation could do with a middleman. One of them is bound to lose their temper soon and maybe you can at least get them to part on good terms. Would make up for you jumping out at Alice earlier.

You take a few silent steps back, to make sure you don't just emerge from the bookcases and make them both jump. Then you walk forward as if you never stopped in the first place. Patchouli is reading a book but Alice looks up at you in surprise as you enter the light. They're both sitting at the table with empty teacups in front of them.
"Oh! Hello Alice! Hi Patchouli." You say as you pull up a chair and sit down.
Patchouli's eyes flick up at you and she nods in greeting.
"Er ..." Alice looks between you and Patchouli, then seems to look behind you for something or someone.
"Who ... who exactly are you anyway?" She asks.
Patchouli gives a quick account of your arrival in the Mansion, method unknown, leaving out all of your more questionable interaction with the inhabitants. While you're thankful for not having to sit and explain it all yourself, you wonder how Patchouli knows all this. Has Remilia been telling her?
"Ah." Alice says. "I'm ... well, I'm sorry." She says to you.
"Why?"
"I thought you were Flandre's food." She says without a hint of distaste.
"Oh! Right." You say. "By the way, sorry about earlier."
Patchouli looks up at you.
"Earlier what?" She asks.
Alice looks at you.
You tell Patchouli about you and Flandre jumping out at Alice, including being smacked in the face with Alice's tome.
Patchouli's eyes narrow at you as you speak, then she looks back down at her book.
"Don't do something so stupid again. Not to Alice."
"Hm?" Alice says. "Oh Patchy it was fine, it was only a joke. No harm done."
Patchouli doesn't reply.

[ ] Apologize to Patchouli.
[ ] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[ ] "Yeah, it was only a joke."
[ ] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.

=========================

The 'Ask where Koakuma is' options are coming, just wait for them. Don't write-in one now and mess up what you've, against all odds, managed to start.
>> No. 3956
Damn too late
[X] Keep listening.
Still, we should have waited some more.
>> No. 3957
[ ] Apologize to Patchouli.
>> No. 3958
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.
>> No. 3959
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
[X] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.
WALL OF TEXT
>> No. 3960
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.
[X] If yes, ask her if she minds sharing our bed.
>> No. 3961
[x] "Yeah, it was only a joke."
>> No. 3962
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
>> No. 3963
[x] "Yeah, it was only a joke."

All in good fun.
>> No. 3964
[ ] "Yeah, it was only a joke."

we shouldn't let on that we know they're an item at this point.
>> No. 3965
[x] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.
It was a hard decision.
>> No. 3966
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
>> No. 3967
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.

[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
[X] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
>> No. 3968
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
[X] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.

Oh ho
>> No. 3969
[x] "If you don't want to sleep on top of books, you can use my bedroom. I won't be using it tonight"

You guys wanna get a rise out of Patchouli?
>> No. 3970
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
[X] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.

A wall of text is fine too.
>> No. 3971
DO NOT WANT wall of text, we gotta get this note business cleared up ASAP so we can have fun with dear Remi.
>> No. 3972
[x] Apologize to Patchouli.
[x] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[x] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.
I can't be happy with just one.
>> No. 3973
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
[X] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.

Fucking wall!
>> No. 3974
>>3971
Alice and Patchy are more important than Anon's romance.
>> No. 3975
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
[X] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.

"Hey, it is getting late, isn't it? I don't think Alice's sleep schedule is as messed up as mine."
>> No. 3976
[X] Apologize to Patchouli.
[X] Ask Patchouli why she's concerned about Alice.
[X] Ask Alice if she's staying here for the night.

Why not a wall, there are way too many important options that we just can not ignore! And asking if alice is staying here, maybe we can score some points with Patchy, if she has her mind somewhere else, we can molest the little demon.
>> No. 3978
Confirm wall?
>> No. 3979
>>3978
Confirmed.
>> No. 3980
>>3978
FUCKING YES. WRITE A WALL SO BIG IT WILL REACH THE HEAVENS.
>> No. 3981
>>3978

WAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL
>> No. 3982
Wall incoming.
>> No. 3983
>>3978
DO IT
>> No. 3984
>>3978
but in the order

Apologize
Ask Patchy
Ask Alice
>> No. 3985
fags
>> No. 3986
>>3978
Does wall = No time to squeeze in a question to borrow Koakuma?
>> No. 3987
>>3986
Why ask, we just take her.
>> No. 3988
>>3986
Patchouli and Koakamu won't suddenly flee into the west when during the wall's erection.
>> No. 3989
"No Alice. Patchouli's right. It was silly." You say.
Alice looks back at you.
"Flandre is more dangerous than I keep treating her as. Putting you in a situation like that was irresponsible of me and I apologize. I won't let it happen again."
Patchouli looks at you over the top of her book and raises an eyebrow, seemingly impressed.
"Good." She says.
"Oh Patchy." Alice says. "Do you treat all your guests like that?" She's grinning.
"Will I get in trouble if I play with Flandre too?" She asks.
Patchouli glares at her. "Don't even think about it."
"I was joking!"
"It's nothing to joke about." Patchouli is looking at her book again.
"Why are you so concerned about Alice's safety anyway?" You ask. "She's as strong a magician as you, right? More than capable of handling herself."

Now there's a sight you never thought you'd see. Patchouli's eyes are still moving back and fourth as if she's reading, but you'd swear they're not moving any further down the page. She's just re-reading the same line over and over.

"Yes Patchy, I'm more than capable of er ..." Alice glances over at you. "Of 'handling myself', why are you so concerned?"
"I am reading, please." Patchouli's voice is perfectly calm, but her eyes are still just flicking back and fourth.
Alice looks suddenly disappointed. "Patchy ..." She sighs.
"I ... I should probably go home." Alice says.
"Oh? I thought you would be staying here for the night. It's dark out now." You say.
That got Patchouli's attention, she's looking back up at you again.
"I suppose it is dark." Alice says.
"You're always welcome to stay." Patchouli says, still only looking at you, frowning a little.
"Er ... thankyou Patchy. I ..."

You better thank me for this later Patchouli, you think.

"Stay with Patchouli for the night, Alice. It's good to go crazy and do something different every once in a while. If you stay then I'm sure Sakuya would cook you something good in the morning as well."
Alice smiles at you and then looks over at Patchouli, who finally faces Alice again and smiles at her.
You haven't seen Patchouli smile like that before.
"Well." Alice says. "If I'm going to stay I need a bath."
Patchouli looks away from Alice and you notice her eyes widen a little.
"Where's the nearest bathroom, Patchy?" She asks.
Patchouli gives some vague directions and Alice smiles, shaking her head.
"I'll find it myself."
She stands up from the table and you notice Shanghai slip off her lap and into the air, looping up to float behind her.
"Pleasure to meet you." Alice says to you, before disappearing into the forest of bookcases.

Patchouli reads for a minute longer, turning pages in silence.

"What do you think you're doing?" She eventually asks.

[ ] Pretend you have no idea what's going on.
[ ] Insinuate she now owes you one.
[ ] Be open, ask her what's going on between her and Alice.
[ ] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.
[ ] Tell her you'll be enjoying Alice tonight.
>> No. 3990
[X] Pretend you have no idea what's going on.
>> No. 3991
File 12104671602.jpg - (38.48KB , 300x300 , 1210121768624.jpg ) [iqdb]
3991
>>3988
>>Koakamu

I've heard of Koakuma, but who's Koakamu?
>> No. 3992
[ ] Insinuate she now owes you one.
[ ] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.
DO IT, watch her blush like a little schoolgirl.
>> No. 3993
[ ] Tell her you'll be enjoying Alice tonight. Ask her if she wants to join
Too tempting, I can SMELL the bad end.

[X] Pretend you have no idea what's going on.
>> No. 3994
Lying is a bad idea. She can read our thoughts by touching our head.

No idea what to vote, though.
>> No. 3995
[x] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.
>> No. 3997
[x] "Translate this."
>> No. 3998
[X] Pretend you have no idea what's going on.
[X] Ask if she knows where Koakuma might be.

Make it look like we're totally innocent...
>> No. 3999
[x] Insinuate she now owes you one.
[x] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.

Why not.
>> No. 4000
[x] Insinuate she now owes you one.
>> No. 4001
File 121046745511.jpg - (142.81KB , 683x1024 , colbert people 1 oct07.jpg ) [iqdb]
4001
>>3995

We aren't Colbertnoymous, idort.

[ x ] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.

All the other options involve some sort of lie/white lie or is just out of character.
>> No. 4002
[ ] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.
>> No. 4003
[x] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.

Just this. Nothing else with it.
>> No. 4004
[x] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.
>> No. 4005
[x] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.

Does this mean Anon would have to compete against Alice if he took the Patchouli path?
>> No. 4006
>>4005
Seems like the Patchy route is one of the harder ones.
>> No. 4007
Tell her to enjoy Alice won. I'm staying up late reading Blame because I've just discovered it, so you get a couple more updates tonight.

Writing now.
>> No. 4008
It's too late but:
[x]"I'm not doing anything you haven't already done for me"

would've been a better option!
>> No. 4009
>>4007
You mean more like looking at the pictures, not much to read about it.
>> No. 4010
[x] Tell her to enjoy Alice tonight.

Add in "I'm just helping someone who has helped me."
>> No. 4011
>>4009
You like the control-alt-delete school of comic writing? It's nice to find something that just lets the art speak for itself rather than walls of text explaining every last plot point.
>> No. 4012
>>4011

CAD Rule #1: Panels 1 and 4 summarize every comic.
>> No. 4013
>>4011
>>control-alt-delete

B^U
>> No. 4014
File 12104694285.gif - (21.98KB , 92x128 , 1207777286569.gif ) [iqdb]
4014
Forgot your RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>> No. 4015
>>4011
I read it one time, Art is really amazing. More Text would've been too much.
>> No. 4016
You smile at what you're about to say.
"Just enjoy her tonight, okay Patchouli?"
Patchouli looks up at you with wide eyes, blushing so deeply you'd swear she was about to run out of oxygen.
"That," she says, obviously very angry. "Is ... is."
"Is what?"
Patchouli breathes out and seems to relax.
"I suppose I should thank you. You were listening to our conversation weren't you? Am I really that obvious?"
"A little."
"Then why doesn't she notice?" Patchouli says. "No point doing me a favor like that if she's just totally oblivious."
Patchouli puts her book down and holds her head in her hands.
"Just tell her." You suggest. Ever the dispenser of sagely advice.
"Even for one as old as I am, the fear of rejection is still sharp." She says.
"Not only do I have to worry about her living so close to the bitch who steals my books all the time but who would even want me? This body is ... practically useless." She coughs to emphasize her point.
"If it's right then she won't care about that." You say.
Patchouli sighs. "You may be right. In any case I doubt taking advice from you will get me very far. But thankyou, I think."
"Thats okay."
"Did you come here just to interfere with my absolute failure at love or was there another reason?" She asks, picking her book up again.

[ ] Ask her where Koakuma is.
[ ] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
[ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.
[ ] Tell her about you and Remilia, ask for advice.
>> No. 4017
[1] Ask her where Koakuma is.
[3] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
[2] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.
>> No. 4018
[x] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.

So we don't get killed again in an unexpected way.
>> No. 4019
[1] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
[2] Ask her where Koakuma is.
>> No. 4020
[x] Ask her where Koakuma is.
Library assistant GET.
I don't think we can trust Patchouli just yet with our letter. She might lie to us. That's why we need the succubus to help us get a french -> English dictionary or something.
>> No. 4021
[ ] Tell her about you and Remilia, ask for advice.
[ ] Ask her where Koakuma is.
She was honest to us, we are to her, and after that we ask about the little devil.
>> No. 4022
[X] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.
[X] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.

Should give us an idea of why Koakuma would need our boot, assuming she did take it. We can find Koakuma on our own afterwards.

That letter... on the one hand, I think it might contain something that's better left unknown to our hosts. On the other hand, it might be good to get it out of the way now if it is a problem, and prevent a huge mess down the road.
>> No. 4023
[x] Ask her where Koakuma is.
>> No. 4024
File 121047034224.png - (546.36KB , 1038x1512 , 1207206167661.png ) [iqdb]
4024
>>4015

Awesome art always will trump awesome text. Imagine how Chado's art change would be with WALLS of TEXT.

[ x ] Ask her where Koakuma is.
Must clear roadblock on the Remi Interstate 69.
[ x ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
>> No. 4025
PATCHOULI IS A LESBIAN
NO
NO
DO NOT WANT
>> No. 4026
[X] Ask her where Koakuma is.
[X] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
[X] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.

Wall of text to end the night.
>> No. 4027
File 121047043187.png - (492.75KB , 800x640 , Patchouli x Alice.png ) [iqdb]
4027
Side quest complete!
>> No. 4028
>>4025

Patchy spends all her time surrounded by woman, does this surprise you?
>> No. 4029
[x] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
[x] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.
[x] Ask her where Koakuma is.

In that order.

The letter may get us in trouble, but short of finding we suddenly know French, asking someone to help is the only way we'll be able to read it, and Patch is the most likely to understand and not kill us outright. Then, we need to find out what Koakuma's deal is.
>> No. 4030
>>4025

Everyone in Gensokyo is bisexual, when they want to be.
>> No. 4031
[X] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
>> No. 4032
[x] Tell her about you and Remilia, ask for advice.
[x] Ask her where Koakuma is.

Get French->Whatever language we're speaking dictionary for the letter.

What language are Belmonymous and the others speaking anyway?
>> No. 4033
File 121047069427.jpg - (137.33KB , 479x547 , ab2859e150b1d3bf2201f37f53162d58.jpg ) [iqdb]
4033
>>4025
Lesbian for Alice, too ;_; I hope Patchy doesn't enjoy scat ;_;
>> No. 4034
>>4032
We speak Common.
>> No. 4036
>>4033

If Alice leaks, we just have to give Patchy a cork. Or something big enough to be a cork.
>> No. 4037
Falling asleep on keyboard. Will write next update tomorrow morning before doing other things.

More tomorrow night!
>> No. 4038
Some people call them buttplugs.
>> No. 4039
>>4037

See you tomorrow then, HY. Sleep well.
>> No. 4040
>>4025
Everyone is Gay in Gensokyo.
>> No. 4041
[X] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.

May as well, while we're here.
>> No. 4042
[x] Tilt the letter almost completely vertical

I swear I saw this work once
>> No. 4043
>>4036
Guess she'll just have to Patch that up.

.....
>> No. 4044
>>4043
Oh Ultros, you card
>> No. 4045
[X] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.

Slowpoke! I'm alive!
>> No. 4046
File 121048488754.jpg - (22.46KB , 300x477 , chinese.jpg ) [iqdb]
4046
>>4042
>> No. 4047
>>4046
Don't you ever sleep?
>> No. 4048
>>4047
It's 8:04 AM right now.... Right. Night is over, so I'll better go to sleep soon.
>> No. 4049
>>4048
Was just wondering cause we live in the same country and saw you posting half night long.
>> No. 4050
>>4043
Your coat. GET IT!
>> No. 4052
[x] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.
[x] Ask her where Koakuma is.
Probably better if it was this way around. It makes the 2nd question look more natural and not like she was the main thing on your mind.
>> No. 4053
Only one vote for asking for more Remi advice?
I'm disappointed.

Then again, perhaps it would be best to wait until we're certain we've secured an Alice GET for Patchy first? We scratch her back, she scratches ours?
>> No. 4056
[X] Ask her where Koakuma is.
[X] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
>> No. 4057
[X] Ask her if she can read French, show her the letter.
[X] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general.
[X] Ask her where Koakuma is.
>> No. 4058
"Can you read french?"
Patchy: "No, but I kiss that way."
>> No. 4059
>>4058
I'm sure there are some books with tongues in the library.
>> No. 4064
"Actually yes, I came to find Koakuma, do you know where she is?" You ask Patchouli.
She looks surprised.
"Treading a dangerous path are you?" She asks.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean I know where you've invested yourself. I know that pursuing my assistant would make things needlessly complicated, but who am I to judge?"
"I'm not pursuing her, I just need to talk to her." You insist.
"Very well. She's ..." Patchouli pauses for a long moment, eyes unfocused. "She's currently around the junction between row one-seven-eight and column seven-six-nine."
"Er ... what?"
"Ah." Patchouli says, unimpressed. "You don't know the library too well." She raises up a finger and a tiny green dot forms in the air above the tip.
"Need something to guide you?" She asks.
"Yes, thanks." You say.
"Just don't make too much noise. I don't want Alice embarrassed by the sound of ... well, whatever it is you end up doing."
"It's honestly not like that Patchouli." You say.
"Then why aren't you off talking with Remilia?"
"Can't do that all day long." You shrug.
"Very well." The dot above Patchouli's finger starts to grow a little.

Then you have a thought.
"Wait a moment, there was one other thing." You reach for the letter in your pocket.
"Hm?"

(cont.)
>> No. 4065
F5 like the fist of the north star here
>> No. 4066
>"Just don't make too much noise. I don't want Alice embarrassed by the sound of ... well, whatever it is you end up doing."
Geez, make a bit of noise while leaping over the top of bookshelves, and Patchy never lets you live it down. Not sure why Alice would be embarrassed by that though....
>> No. 4067
>>4066

Alice probably blushes even thinking about the concept of sex
>> No. 4068
>>4067

HNNNNNNNRG
>> No. 4069
>>4067
Alice isn't as innocent as you think she is.
>> No. 4070
File 121051617837.jpg - (43.46KB , 580x725 , 15d79c29956ff26f8e1a3efd6c92c1bb.jpg ) [iqdb]
4070
You pull the letter out of your pocket.
"Patchouli, can you read French?" You ask.
She cocks her head to the side and raises an eyebrow at you.
"I can read nearly every language that has ever been committed to print, of course I can read French. Why do you ask?"
"When I arrived here I had this letter in my pocket. I don't know where it came from and I can't read it."
Patchouli holds her hand out and you give her the letter. She sits back and glances over it. Something feels wrong in your head. She's reading but she's not ... reading. What?

Her expression darkens. She looks back up at you, glancing at the whip on your belt and the pockets of your coat. Then she raises her hand and clicks her fingers.

And then you can't move.

"What did you hope to achieve by showing me this?" She asks.
She's frowning, but not openly angry. She looks genuinely curious. You struggle to make your jaw and tongue move, to say anything at all, defend yourself somehow. But you can't.
"Do you honestly not understand its contents?" She looks away. "No. That wouldn't make any sense."
She reaches across the table and touches your forehead. She looks surprised.
"No ... you don't have any idea at all. How strange."
She stands up slowly, walks over to the other desk and picks up a large book. She props it open on one arm.
"There must be a reason. To ignore it would be too much of a risk." She says.
She raises her other hand, reading something from the book.
"Thankyou for your help with Alice. For that, I will make it quick."

"Thursday today ..." You hear her mumble under her breath.

Then there is only pain.

Followed by nothing.

================================

Dead Letter End reached.

[ ] Continue from (cont.) point, without asking Patchouli about the letter.
[ ] Continue from (cont.) point, include [ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.
>> No. 4071
>>4070
...what.

[X] Continue from (cont.) point, include [X] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.
>> No. 4072
[ ] Continue from (cont.) point, include [ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.
>> No. 4073
Very interesting. Also, "aw shit". And Belmonymous was doing the best of the Anons so far, too.

[x] Continue from (cont.) point, include [ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.
>> No. 4074
Oh. We should've expected something like that, huh? But we didn't.
[X] Continue from (cont.) point, include [ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.
>> No. 4075
File 121051661142.jpg - (33.24KB , 600x450 , 1205211098360.jpg ) [iqdb]
4075
>>4070

[ x ] Continue from (cont.) point, without asking Patchouli about the letter.

OH HO HO WHY NOT GET OURSELVES KILLED OVER SOME LETTER OF DOOM?
>> No. 4076
>>4074
We...should have expected that the letter contained something troublesome enough for Patch to choose to kill us?

On an unrelated note, Belmonymous should try and learn french. Either that, or destroy the letter lest someone else stumble across and read it.
>> No. 4077
File 121051662088.png - (7.66KB , 170x170 , 104538.png ) [iqdb]
4077
>>3916
ridiculous picture for a ridiculous end.
>> No. 4078
File 121051668953.gif - (3.86KB , 624x414 , oeo.gif ) [iqdb]
4078
>>4070
WAT


[X] Continue from (cont.) point, include [X] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.
>> No. 4079
[ ] Continue from (cont.) point, include [ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.

RAGE inducing end.
>> No. 4080
>>4079
On the plus side, we received more hints that our whip isn't a useless, normal whip. Unless it's just a sign of our profession--though that would be even better, since it would mean that Belmonymous holds the true vampire slaying power within himself and the whip is just a tool.
>> No. 4083
>>4080

She could of just took the whip off us and had Sakuya lock us up. I can't see anyone other than Flan killing us without Remi's consent.
>> No. 4087
>>4083
That just makes the note's contents more mysteeeerious. Clearly we're enough of a threat that Patchy thinks we should be dead now, even if we are Remi's present darling.
>> No. 4088
>>4070
WAT
>> No. 4089
[x] Continue from (cont.) point, include [ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.

We should have plenty of continues. Get Koakuma to read it for us, or help us find a French->English dictionary.
>> No. 4090
I'm intrigued by this development. Besides, bad ends don't always have to be expected or predictable. If they were, you'd never get them unless you were pissing around.
>> No. 4091
>>4089

Flandre should also know French. And she's ignorant enough that she wouldn't understand the contents, and capricious enough to not tell any one.
>> No. 4092
>>4091
>Flandre should also know French.
Is that so?
>> No. 4093
[x] Continue from (cont.) point, include [ ] Ask her about Koakuma and Succubi in general option.
>> No. 4094
>>4092

It's hinted pretty heavily that they're originally from France. So, yeah.
>> No. 4095
>>4094
These hints are?
The name of the library. The name of the vampires? (flandre = belgian).

Anyway, since Flandre is maybe about 500 years old and was locked into the basement for 495, how did she learn to read and write (in French).
>> No. 4096
I HAVE SAID FUCKING DICTIONARY THOUSAND TIMES!! Not Patchy..

You need to translate it yourself...

ALSO:[X] Continue from (cont.) point, without asking Patchouli about the letter.
>> No. 4097
[ ] Continue from (cont.) point, without asking Patchouli about the letter.
>> No. 4098
Hmmm. Maybe if we can get on Koakuma's good side, we can get her to lead us to a French dictionary without alerting Patchy. It's too dangerous to ask Patchy, since if she asks "why do you want such a book?" and we can't lie convincingly...then it's Dead Letter End all over again.
>> No. 4099
>>4095
Patchy tutors Flan.

Anyway I think I have an idea of what that letter is about guys, or rather the reason Patchy didn't seem to read it but bad ended us anyway.

I get the feeling that it's not in french but something like a cursed language or the letter it's self has a cures over it that patchy detected.

All I'm saying is don't give it to anyone else an be careful when reading it.
>> No. 4100
[X] Continue from (cont.) point, without asking Patchouli about the letter.
>> No. 4101
>>4099
That's a fine point about her "reading but not reading". I'd forgotten/glossed over that passage, but it does seem possibly indicative of a magical character to whatever's written.

Hah, watch the text have some mind control magic that spurs the reader to kill vampires. So when we finally translate it, we just get BAD END'd again.
>> No. 4102
>>4099
I see somebody is paying attention to the details.
>> No. 4103
>>4099
I was thinking the same thing...

SCORN

WE ARE MIND TWINS

Oh wait FUCK DO NOT WANT
>> No. 4104
The intelligent thing to do after having a bad end like that is to conclude that it's still far too early to try to figure out what most of our items in our inventory is for just yet, forget all about them for now, and wait for a time when it's would actually be beneficial to learn about them, rather than just blindly jumping in because we're simply curious about them.

We should try to find out about Koakuma's note and our missing shoe, MAYBE, but should tread very lightly while doing it. Finding out more about Succubi might not hurt, either.
>> No. 4105
>>4099
Explosive runes?
>> No. 4106
>>4103
NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE SKULL FUCK VIRGINS
>> No. 4107
>The intelligent thing to do after having a bad end like that is to conclude that it's still far too early to try to figure out what most of our items in our inventory is for just yet, forget all about them for now, and wait for a time when it's would actually be beneficial to learn about them

Lolwut? No investigating, no side quests, REMI ROUTE ONLY? There's no adventure in that.
>> No. 4108
>>4095

"Flandre" is French. The Dutch equivalent is "Vlaanderen"

Remi did ask us who the king was now; Belgium didn't have a king 500 years ago.

There's also the rococo decor and clothing, and Remi's theme is based on a piano piece written by a Frenchman.

I think it's safe to say they self-identify as French.
>> No. 4109
>>"Vlaanderen"

Fuck that's awesome! If I ever breed my own loli I'll give her that as a second name
>> No. 4110
Flandre probably means Flamands and flamands are Belgians.. But the vampires are originated from Transilvania(Romania). Wait wha-?
>> No. 4111
>>4110

You're thinking of Drac'. Remi ain't related to him so don't go thinking like that.
>> No. 4113
>>4104
>The intelligent thing to do after having a bad end like that is to conclude that it's still far too early to try to figure out what most of our items in our inventory is for just yet, forget all about them for now, and wait for a time when it's would actually be beneficial to learn about them

Yeah, let's ignore the the elephant in the room, and twiddle our thumbs until its day 14 and we get landsharked.
>> No. 4114
There's really no point pulling conlcusions about where they're from since Remilia told us herself already.

>"Is home still there? Who is on the throne now? Or is that tiresome upstart still making a mess?" Remilia asks you.
>"Where's home?" You ask.
>"France! Where else? Do I look like a Spaniard to you?" She laughs.

Yeah, they're French. Unless Remi decided to lie.
>> No. 4115
>>4107
Remilia Route is the right path we should take the first time around. Later we will probably find out that we were sent to kill her, we have her picture and the letter.
>> No. 4116
>>4112

Why did I lol so hard at the Spaniard comment?
>> No. 4117
>>Lolwut? No investigating, no side quests, REMI ROUTE ONLY? There's no adventure in that.

Of course not! We absolutely have to investigate our items and just why we have them.
You don't display a gun in a prominent place for most of the story and NOT have the damn thing get fired at some point. That doesn't mean, however, you necessarily should take it down at the very first opportunity and try to see if it's loaded. More often than not, you'll wind up accidentally shooting yourself in the foot. Or the face.
>> No. 4118
>>4111
If Vlad Dracula Tepes was the first vampire, vampires at leas spread from Romania. Since ZUN just said "Let's say she is not" about Remilia being Dracula's descendant, there have been either vampires before Dracula (his ancestors?) or he or his descendants converted other humans into vampires (if that is possible in ZUNiverse) and after witch hunts etc. they spread over the whole world like the Jews.
>> No. 4119
>>4117
Who said that? I can't recall, but I do know that the full quote is something along the lines of "If you show a gun on set during the first act make sure someone's used it by the end of the second"

It's a russian playwright isn't it?
>> No. 4120
"More often than not"? You're saying that there are more games where you shoot yourself for investigating a gun too early, instead of just, say, picking the gun up? The analogy is crap.

Anyways, we can hardly expect the letter to become less dangerous over time. It could just as easily be accidentally read by someone less magically skilled than Patchouli and blow up in our faces. Or, as mentioned before, it could just be a potential story point that's dropped completely since we didn't look into it. Neither of these appeal.
>> No. 4121
>>4119

"Chekhov's gun"

So Anton Chekhov
>> No. 4122
>>4115
Ah-ha! So that's what the picture is for--naturally, it's the image of the target for our beloved assassin/vampire-hunter Belmonymous. And the letter has magic cast over it that awakens the reader's killer instincts. Perfect.

No wait, that sucks. Lets destroy the letter. No wait, that's using OOC knowledge..... Ah, screw it, destroy the letter.
>> No. 4123
God I'm such a bastard.

[x] Letter hint.
[x] Continue without hint.
>> No. 4124
>>4118

It is possible for ZUN's vampires to convert humans at least. Remi can't convert humans though:

>She is a light eater. In other words, she can drink only a little blood at a time and must leave the rest behind, so the humans off of whom she feeds become a bit anemic, but usually stay alive. Due to that fact, she is never able to increase the number of her kind.
>> No. 4125
>>4123
[x] Continue without hint.

It's more fun this way. Maybe more deadly, but fun.
>> No. 4126
>>4123
No letter hint thank you

[x] Continue without hint.
>> No. 4127
[x] Letter hint.

Hint! Hint! Should we destroy it because of our OOC fears? Or can we look into it and keep it around without screwing ourselves?
>> No. 4128
[x] Continue without hint.[x] Continue without hint.
[x] Continue without hint.[x] Continue without hint.
[x] Continue without hint.[x] Continue without hint.

ITT CASUALFAGS
>> No. 4129
[x] Continue without hint.

Hint: The letter is magic lol
>> No. 4130
>>4123

Give us the hint. We've earned.
>> No. 4131
[x] Continue without hint.

LUNATIC MODO GET.
>> No. 4132
[x] Continue without hint.

>....stay alive. Due to that fact,...
Yes, and AFAIK there was a part about when they don't stay alive, they become zombies and vaporize in sunlight, but I'm too lazy too go through the 503 to confirm that.
>> No. 4133
>>4122
>No wait, that sucks. Lets destroy the letter. No wait, that's using OOC knowledge..... Ah, screw it, destroy the letter.

Yeah, I don't see how this could possibly go wrong. I mean, it's not like an important plot device or anything.
>> No. 4134
[x] Continue without hint.
No playing on Easy mode, give us Lunatic mode.
Only take hints if i earned them, cheating is for loser.
>> No. 4135
>>You're saying that there are more games where you shoot yourself for investigating a gun too early, instead of just, say, picking the gun up? The analogy is crap.

Not only did you miss the point, I think, but you seem to be taking it a bit TOO literally.

My point is, if everything we have on us has a purpose, then there must be a proper time and place for them to be explored and used. If we us them too early, or too late, then it's only natural that it won't be to our benefit.

Take MiG's camera, for example. When used at the right time, it was actually helpful. All the other times, it was used too soon, and Anon wound up worse off than before he used it.
>> No. 4136
>>4135
MiG Anon is sure stupid as hell, got himself caught into lunatic mode with a Reimu that would go to the end of the world to kill him, even beyond. But maybe that is because People vote for the MOST IDIOTIC Options and blame it on Kira for not saving them.
>> No. 4137
>>4133
You say "important plot device". I say "something used to screw us over". Please explain how a letter Patchy killed us over will benefit us.
>> No. 4138
>>4136

It's a combination of anon's stupidity and kira's vagueness. Nothing good will come of it.
>> No. 4139
>>4137
Patchy killed us over it, that means it contains vital plot related information that may be needed to progress to a better end.

We now know reading it is a bad idea, so we must find a way to disarm it first.

What if, say, we got the good end only to have Remi find it a kill us over it?

But if we destroy it, what if we lose a flag for the best end?
>> No. 4140
>>4137
Because, as we have no idea of our true identity, how we came to be in the SDM in the first place, or why we're there, that letter (along with everything else in our inventory) is about the only link we have to finding these things out.

We're going to have to square with Remi's past before her route is over and done. Naturally, we'll also have to deal with our own.

Unless, of course, the "past and true identity of Belmonymous" plot-line is for the final route that is only unlocked after all the others have been completed.
>> No. 4141
How could it possibly trigger a better end though? Make Remilia or Sakuya kill us instead when they go through our pockets? And if it is a cursed mind control language or whatever then that's all the more reason to burn the damn thing rather than keep it around. I understand the story justifications for keeping it around, but logically it seems like a bad idea.
>> No. 4142
>>4139
Probably a flag for a "True End" rather than a "Best End". That said, the letter is still EEEEEVIL. Destroy it before it corrupts someone's mind!

No wait--translate the letter first. Then, if it Bad Ends you and corrupts your mind, destroy it! ...it'll probably just screw us without Bad Ending us though--the worst kind of screwage, 'cause you have to spend the next dozen choices hoping like hell that your decisions will get you a Good End. (Or, in MiG's case, the next hundred decisions).
>> No. 4143
>>4137

It contains information that hasn't been revealed to us. Patchy didn't even read it, so we don't know that the contents are truly dangerous to us.
>> No. 4144
For all we know destroying it will trigger whatever shit is on it.
>> No. 4145
SDM is HARDO MODO.
Enjoy your EASY MODO Shrine friends.
>> No. 4146
>>4144
Who would design something like that though? It's far more likely that whatever it does is triggered by reading it.
>> No. 4147
>>4146
Insurance. Exploding runes or mind control assassin writing, if some one other the intended reader tries to read or destroy the letter it triggers to make sure the job is done even if imperfectly.
>> No. 4148
We don't know that it's magicked in a way that causes mind control, or that it can't be broken. It might be a spell that kills vampires on reading it, or it might've been meant for Sakuya.

The Alice event may have been an opportunity to get it dispelled. Maybe we can tomorrow or get Koakuma to do it. Hell, it's quite possible neither of them speak French, and so they wouldn't understand the contents anyway.
>> No. 4149
>>4145
/Shrine/ isn't easy mode. Anon has actually used more continues there than he has here. First he didn't make it into Gensokyo, then he was killed by Suika, then he was killed by Reimu, then he went and died on his lonesome in a Forest. I may be forgetting some.

...well, a couple of those continues were just Anon due to being stupid. But Anon is always stupid.
>> No. 4150
My guess: The previous inhabitant of Anon's body was a vampire slayer. He knew that he had no chance whatsoever of slaying the inhabitants of the SDM via frontal assault.

so he came up with a plan: he sticks Anon's soul in his body and teleport it into the SDM. The plan is to have Anon gain the trust of the inhabitants, accidentally read the letter, and thus restore him to his body. He could then kill Remi when she's got her back turned.
>> No. 4151
>>4147

Considering we were given the Vampire Killer and was apparently a skilled hunter, I don't think who ever set this up would consider the possibility of us going AWOL.
>> No. 4152
>>4150
the letter probably kills off the currently-active soul in the body.
>> No. 4153
>>4151
Let alone trying to romance and bang the one we were presumably sent to kill.
>> No. 4154
>>4151

Then why is the freak in our dream going JUST AS PLANNED?
>> No. 4155
This letter is an eyesore.
>> No. 4156
>>4150

We should rename the story SDM: Total Recall if that happens.
>> No. 4157
Whatever it is it has revealed one thing: We have to hide our identity at all costs. Patchy seems to realize something about who we are that is dangerous enough to kill us over.

She also reads our mind in this bad end, so we ourselves should remain ignorant of the notes contents.
>> No. 4158
Just gonna throw this out because absolutely no one has mentioned it thus far: What the hell is so important about Thursday?
>> No. 4159
>>4158
It was just Patchouli talking to herself after killing us. It shows that she didn't really give a damn about us by how quickly she went back to doing her own thing.
>> No. 4160
>>4157
If the letter doesn't Bad End us immediately, we could read it then destroy it. Presumably Patchy's mind reading searches for specific knowledge (e.g. the letter; how we appeared at the SDM), so she can't scan for it if she never learns of it.

...of course, if we get Koakuma to bring us to a French dictionary, and she tells Patchy.... Well, the letter will be trouble eventually. Might as well deal with it sooner than later.
>> No. 4161
>>4158
Patchouli categorises her spells according to the day of the week. Depending on what day it was, she'd use a different spell to kill us.
>> No. 4162
>>4158

Patchy's spells grow stronger depending on what day it is. She mentioned Thursday because she was choosing a spell suited to Thursdays.
>> No. 4163
>>4158

I'll come and say right now that 'Thursday' was not a clue. Patchy matches her magic use to days of the week. Just a little bit of characterization, that's all.
>> No. 4164
>>4158
"Wood Sign「Sylphae Horn」
Thursday is a good day for this magic."

...Patchy's funny that way.
>> No. 4165
None of you seem to be looking too hard into this. Anonymous gets sent to the Scarlet Devil Mansion with a letter, a picture of a vampire who looks a whole lot like Remilia, and a weapon we can safely assume is used to kill vampires. You can't tell me anonymous was sent there to truly befriend and live happily with the residents of the SDM.

Belmonymous as he has been nicknamed, shares the qualities of the vampire slaying family Belmont. Knowing a good majority of you have probably played Castlevania or at least have a general idea of the plot, you know that Belmonts have sworn to destroy Dracula and his descendants/reincarnations along with any evil that stands in their way. Through-out the story anonymous has discovered he has some unique abilities that seem to be triggered by life-threatening or combat like events. I believe in this scenario Belmonymous has been struck with some type of amnesia which is also a plot device.

Should you choose to pursue the contents of that letter who knows what could happen. Figuring out the contents of that letter may lead to a true end, but that is not necessarily a good end. With Belmonymous' ability to trigger incredible power inside of him due to varying circumstances, it may be safe to say that reading that letter could engage auto-pilot mode for HY because Belmonymous has realized he was sent to the SDM to kill Remilia and it's residence.

There will probably be absolutely no way to stop this auto-pilot because it has been remembered that it is a Belmonts duty to kill these hellspawn. Patchouli also just killed us after reading the contents of the letter so it's painfully obvious it was in the best interest of the SDM to kill you off before bad shit happened.

Anyone else care to expand on this?
>> No. 4167
>>4158

lern ur astrology

Thursday = thorsday = jovis = jupiter
Patchouli uses the chinese table of elements, which happen to correspond to planets.
She just impaled us with some high power wood spell.
>> No. 4168
>>4157
>She also reads our mind in this bad end, so we ourselves should remain ignorant of the notes contents.

Why? She'll kill us if we remain ignorant anyway.
>> No. 4169
>None of you seem to be looking too hard into this.
...lolwut? Your post just restates what the story has spelled out, and what we've been discussing in the past few dozen posts.
>> No. 4170
It could be that Remilia was meant to kill us the second she woke up, and whatever plan was in motion was ruined when she decided not to use us as food. After killing us she would have gone through our possessions. The picture might mean something to her, and the note might be a trap meant to kill her.
>> No. 4171
[✗] Continue without hint.

Has the choice been decided or what?
>> No. 4172
>>4165
I don't know if we have to worry about auto-pilot or not.
There's someone else in the mansion with strange, Belmont-like powers, after all. And look where she ended up...
>> No. 4173
>>4167

>She just impaled us with some high power wood spell.

Oh I knew there'd be futa in this story!
>> No. 4174
Oh, alright. My apologies.
Actually, the one tiny thing I can see that implying is that the letter doesn't seem to blow out a reader's soul.
>> No. 4175
At any rate, I say we figure out what's up with that damn letter at the earliest opportunity. It's Belmonymous' own personal Sword of Damocles, and it's a bitch to have hanging over our head.
>> No. 4176
>>4169

Think of it as a recap then, I also didn't refresh the page before I wrote that after reading the bad end.
>> No. 4177
>>4176
Ah. In that case, nicely written recap.
>> No. 4178
File 121052730659.jpg - (211.06KB , 600x762 , eb786d8ff6c01adf52aa2bfa7482ecda.jpg ) [iqdb]
4178
Okay, no hint here.

=============================

Then you have a thought.
"Wait a moment, there was one other thing."

Ow. You shake your head. What was that?

"What's the matter?" Patchouli asks.
"Oh, nothing. Um, yeah there was something else. I don't know much about Succubi, or Koakuma specifically. I take it she's more dangerous than she looks? I don't want to go walking into something I can't deal with."
"You've dealt with her well enough up till now." Patchouli says.
"But I don't actually know what I've done."
Patchouli sighs.
"If you're really interested in the Succubi sub-race then there's plenty of books on the subject. But about Koakuma? What do you want to know?" She asks.
"What do I have to watch out from her as a demon, but also what's she like as a person?" You ask.
"Person? Don't mistake her reactions to you as those of a human being." Patchouli looks at you seriously. "I adore her, but she's still only a little demon."
You nod, unsure about that.
"As a Succubus? What do you honestly think you have to avoid?" She says, smiling sardonically.
"I know that. Can't you give me anything more specific?"
"Don't respond to her aura. If you ... do anything, make sure she doesn't lose control."
"Thanks, but I won't 'do anything', as you put it."
Patchouli shrugs, unconvinced.
"Is that all?" She asks.
"Yes, thanks again. Can I have that guide?"

Patchouli lifts her finger up in the air and that green dot appears again. It grows to about the side of a plum and then wafts over to you, hovering next your arm.
"Just follow it." Patchouli says. "Go on, before Alice comes back. I would appreciate it if you don't disturb us again tonight, please."
"Of course, thanks Patchouli. Bye."
You turn to the green blob and it just hovers there, about five feet away from you. You take a step towards you and it moves in the same direction, leading you forwards.

It's a pretty simple method of finding your way, like following a compass in a video game. The library is still huge though and it takes nearly fifteen minutes of walking through dusty bookcases before you spot Koakuma. She's standing with her back to you next to a little pile of books. It looks like she's reading.

The green blob fades away upon your thought that you've got where you need to be, but it feels like it's still there. Weird.

[ ] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
[ ] Sneak up on her and surprise her.
[ ] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4179
>>4175
In case you haven't noticed, but that's EXACTLY what we just tried to do.

Unless you intend to press the letter issue at every opportunity in the future until it stops resulting in a BAD END, I think it's best to forget about it for the time being.

We gave plenty of other matters to attend to and mysteries to solve, anyway.
>> No. 4180
>>4165 I don't like your idea.. Belmonymous should just enjoy his life in the mansion.
>> No. 4181
[X] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4182
[X] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
>> No. 4183
[x] Throw a shoe at her
>> No. 4184
[x] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4186
[X] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.

Just sneaking up and surprising her could be a bad idea.
>> No. 4187
[X] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
>> No. 4188
[X] Announce yourself to Koakuma.

Avoiding direct contact is preferable at this stage.
>> No. 4189
[ ] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
>> No. 4190
>>4183 I LOL'D!
>> No. 4191
[¿] Sneak up on her and surprise her.
>> No. 4192
[✗] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.

For extra laughs, Anonymous picks up the kamasutra by chance only realizing what it is once he opens it.
>> No. 4193
[x] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4194
[x] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4195
>None of you seem to be looking too hard into this. Anonymous gets sent to the Scarlet Devil Mansion with a letter, a picture of a vampire who looks a whole lot like Remilia, and a weapon we can safely assume is used to kill vampires. You can't tell me anonymous was sent there to truly befriend and live happily with the residents of the SDM.

The amnesia hypothesis hasn't been confirmed. It's quite clear from the beginning that we're a normal person being fucked around with by Yukari, possibly putting us in the vampire hunter's body. It isn't likely the original hunter had figured "lol boundries" into his plan.

Anyway, even at full strength we wouldn't be able to beat Remilia if Sakuya couldn't. The letter may rather be meant for Sakuya, as well as the Vampire Killer, to awaken her memories as a Belmont. This was hinted at when she told us not to let her use the whip anymore.
>> No. 4196
>>4183
Oh, you.

[x] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
>> No. 4197
[X] Throw a shoe at her

"Feeling safe now?"
>> No. 4198
[x] Sneak up on her, surprise her and SUN RIPPLE OVERDRIVE
>> No. 4199
>>4192 As Koakuma sees you she goes to you, and says: "Do you want to try that?" <3

^_^
>> No. 4200
>>4199
>>^_^

Sometimes I wonder if you really just might be the greatest troll to ever live.
>> No. 4201
>>4195
>The letter may rather be meant for Sakuya, as well as the Vampire Killer, to awaken her memories as a Belmont.

That damn letter is nothing but trouble, I'm guessing that we won't know the contents until the end of the story and what we do with the letter will dramatically impact the ending. Probably will involve a scenario that goes something like

[ ] Read letter
[ ] Destroy letter
>> No. 4202
File 121052836010.png - (143.88KB , 512x512 , 1205511611333.png ) [iqdb]
4202
>>4199

The reason why these adventures aren't allowed on /jp/ anymore.
>> No. 4204
[X] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4205
[x] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
>> No. 4207
[X] Throw a shoe at her

Oh God I would lol
>> No. 4208
[ ] Buy limited edition fig
>> No. 4209
>>4206

Which would mean that if shit gets too boring, we'll be warped back to reality.

NORMAL END
Try playing without continues next time.
>> No. 4210
new thread plox
>> No. 4211
>>4210
Hasn't even hit 300 replies yet.
>> No. 4212
[x] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
>> No. 4214
[x] Announce your love to Koakuma.

I was enchanted since the moment I saw you!
>> No. 4215
[x] Announce yourself to Koma-er, Koakuma.
>> No. 4217
[ ] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4218
>>4211

autosage is 250

LAs should always be on top
>> No. 4219
>>4218

200 on this board.
Also, as for being on top
eh
>> No. 4220
>>4218
We know that, but all past threads (save for one) have at least gone past 300 before a new thread is made.
>> No. 4221
Alright, I'm back again and writing now.

I'm trying to keep a balance between making new threads and not flooding the board with a new thread every day. I thought 300-350 replies was a good limit but are people feeling otherwise?
>> No. 4222
>>4221
No, 300-350 is fine. We were complaining because at the time it hadn't passed 300.
>> No. 4223
>>4221

The point is to keep it out of autosage.
>> No. 4224
>>4221
Not feeling otherwise. I'm used to the crazy 300, 400, 500+ post adventure threads. And it's not like the thread's hard to find.
>> No. 4225
>>4221

Keep it going til at least 320-330 replies.
>> No. 4226
>>4221 I don't mind, because we have the Last "50 posts" option..
>> No. 4227
Oh fucknuggeting dickmonkeys, I didn't notice the votes are tied between Announce and Read. Next one takes it.
>> No. 4228
>>4227

[x] Announce yourself to Koakuma.
>> No. 4229
READ
>> No. 4230
>>4227
[X] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4231
[ ] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.

changing mine to read.
>> No. 4232
>>4189
Changing mine to [ ] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4233
Will 3 against one do it for read or are we announcing?
>> No. 4234
[X] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to notice you.
>> No. 4235
[X] Sneak down, sit up, notice a book and wait for her to read you.
>> No. 4236
[X] Sneak up, sit down, read a book and wait for her to go down on you
>> No. 4237
[X] Sneak skill has gone up! Sitting skill has gone down! Reading skill has gone up!
>> No. 4238
[x] My Sneak skill has increased. I should rest and meditate on what I have learned.
>> No. 4239
MISSION OBJECTIVES:

*Complete Remilia route

*Bring the Scarlet sisters together

*Help Patchy get laid

*Uncover mystery of the letter and our past/purpose

*Ruffle Flandre's hair

*Bug boots with tracking devices

Am I forgetting anything? Don't forget we promised Flandre we would play with her later and visit Remilia tonight.
>> No. 4240
>>4238

Oh for the love of...
>> No. 4241
>>4239

*Koakuma's note (which we're doing right now anyways)

*BATHTIME HANDJOB MYSTERY
>> No. 4242
File 121053333328.jpg - (197.26KB , 446x620 , a7bd9370188e451b24c024c345f450c7.jpg ) [iqdb]
4242
"Koakuma? Hello?" You say, gently as you can to avoid startling her.
It doesn't work, she jumps and looks from side to side before finally turning around. When she sees it's you however, she breaks into a huge grin and puts down the book she's been reading.
"Hi Koakuma."
It looks like she doesn't quite know what to do. At first she starts to bow to you, then blushes and straightens up, settling for giving you a little wave instead. She's smiling all through it.
You smile back at her. It's hard not to. She might have added to the utter confusion you're suffering over the missing shoe but she just looks so damn contended that you came to see her. You've rarely seen a being looking so unashamedly happy. No aura of lust though, that must be a good sign.
You take the note out of your pocket.
"Er ..." you don't know where to start.
Koakuma sees the note and steps closer to you, nodding.
She leans over to you, cupping her hand around her mouth and placing in next to your ear. You notice she's breathing a little fast and she's blushing like crazy. The wings on her head flutter a little.

"wouldyou" She pauses. You strain a little to make out her words.
"Would I what?" This close to her there's rather a nice scent coming off her hair, like she's only just washed it.
"wouldyougivemeahug?"

She leans back and looks at you, biting her lip. She's twisting the material of the front of her dress in her hands.

[ ] Hug Koakuma.
[ ] Don't hug Koakuma.
[ ] Drop to your knees and hug her round the waist, burrying your face in her groin.
>> No. 4243
>>4239

*Discover Sakuya's past
>> No. 4244
[x] Hug Koakuma.

Holy crap, it's Flandre all over again. Poor kiddo probably hasn't been hugged outside of embracing someone she's devouring.
>> No. 4245
[ ] Don't hug Koakuma.

We're not under her influence so this shouldn't bad end like the last time we actually listened to the advice given to us
>> No. 4246
>[ ] Drop to your knees and hug her round the waist, burrying your face in her groin.

Oh god I so want to but...

[x] Hug Koakuma.
>> No. 4248
File 121053354866.jpg - (67.59KB , 500x500 , 1207471869341.jpg ) [iqdb]
4248
>>4242

[ x ] Tell her to start the hugging first.

Also HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGG.
>> No. 4249
[X] Hug Koakuma.

She gave us permission, so it should be fine.

No sexual harassment though, because I'm fairly certain that her entire goal is to get us to a point where we aren't overcome with lust every time we see her.
>> No. 4250
D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

[X] Hug Koakuma.
>> No. 4251
[X] Hug Koakuma.
[X] SUN RIPPLE OVERDRIVE
>> No. 4252
>>4248
Good point, I forgot about Sakuya's warning. ...well, change >>4244 to '[x] Tell her to start the hugging first' then. I.e. inform her that she's supposed to initiate contact first.
>> No. 4253
[z] Hug Koakuma.

OH GOD I'M GONNA HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG
>> No. 4254
>>4242

[x] Hug Koakuma.

She just wants to be held without killing someone.
>> No. 4255
[x] Don't hug Koakuma.
>8*(
>> No. 4256
So moe we literally may die.
>> No. 4257
[X] Hug Koakuma.

Holy shit, I think I love Koakuma.
>> No. 4258
[X] Hug Koakuma.
No aura of lust, she initiated it (remember what sakuya and patchy said?) and she doesn't look angry or something.
i think all is well.
>> No. 4259
File 121053399660.jpg - (37.04KB , 425x520 , 1207472858945.jpg ) [iqdb]
4259
>>4256
It would be a good laugh but....

[ x ] Tell her to start the hugging first.
She could not be able to control herself as much as our hero can at this point, so be VIGILANT yet so mue~~~~~~~
>> No. 4260
[X] Hug Koakuma.

So moe little devil I smashed my glasses that I were holding in my hand
>> No. 4261
>>4258

Physical contact has not been initiated yet, Cap'n.
>> No. 4262
[x] Hug Koakuma.

This better not kill us. Patches said we would be okay as long as we didn't make any sexual advances on her, right?
>> No. 4263
I would die with manly tears streaming down my face, just to give this poor girl a hug.
>> No. 4264
[X] Hug Koakuma.
>> No. 4265
[X] Hug Koakuma.

So moe..
>> No. 4266
Koakuma daughter end?

OH GOD SO MOE
>> No. 4267
[X] Hug Koakuma.

Oh the temptation!
>> No. 4268
[X] Hug Koakuma.

Moebeetus...!
>> No. 4269
So is Koakuma DFC or healthy? This can severely impact the way I look at her.
>> No. 4270
[ ] Don't hug Koakuma
Though the hug option has already won out and we're now going to die for one reason or another.
>> No. 4271
File 121053449810.jpg - (24.69KB , 250x357 , circlecut_c74.jpg ) [iqdb]
4271
>>4269

Healthiest touhoe in the mansion.
>> No. 4272
>>4269
Healthy. From SDM/LA thread two: "Long black skirt, black velvet vest buttoned up over a white shirt, those little wings sticking out the top of her head are kind of cute too. She's got an even more voluptuous figure than Meiling does."
>> No. 4273
>>4269
Healthy
>> No. 4274
>>4268
Shit. First Nayanonymous, now us. It's spreading like wildfire.

Hungry, when you make a new thread, please announce it so I don't keep F5ing this one like a retard.
>> No. 4275
[ ] Hug Koakuma.
DONT CARE IF BAD END

MUST HUG
>> No. 4276
File 121053455853.jpg - (157.13KB , 400x559 , 1192938541282.jpg ) [iqdb]
4276
>>4261
An explicit request is generally accepted as initiating an action.

>>4269
She is whichever is desired.
>> No. 4277
[x] Hug Koakuma.

hug teh pwetty demon
>> No. 4279
[ ] Don't hug Koakuma

Countering a bad end.
>> No. 4280
[ ] Drop to your knees and hug her round the waist, burrying your face in her groin.
>> No. 4281
[x] Don't hug Koakuma.
Something (let's call it common sense) is telling me that hugging a succubus when we're supposed to be going for Remilia is not going to end well.
>> No. 4282
>>4272
Fuckdamn shitcunts.
>> No. 4283
>>4272

Ew, fuck healthy, especially when they're that big
>> No. 4284
File 121053519657.png - (363.99KB , 636x966 , 1209756968742.png ) [iqdb]
4284
>>4271
>>4272
THIS IS DELISHUS
YEEESH
YEEESH
>> No. 4285
File 121053553256.jpg - (86.51KB , 508x733 , 1199647262.jpg ) [iqdb]
4285
Of course if we went with Patchy we'd get to see her real form that she hides behind her robe.
>> No. 4286
>>4285

Pig disgusting.
>> No. 4287
>>4285
Better than flat~
>> No. 4288
Why would you all vote to hug when you know it's going to lead to a BAD END?
>> No. 4289
>>4288
That's the only way to destroy her without attracting attention.
>> No. 4290
File 121053581551.jpg - (24.70KB , 250x357 , circlecut_c73.jpg ) [iqdb]
4290
>>4288

Because we were told it's ok to touch her as long as it's not in a lewd way and Koakuma is ok with it.
>> No. 4291
>>4288

Because it probably won't?

Koakuma asked us to do it, instead of tricking us into sleeping with her as she did the last time we got a BAD END with her. She's technically initiating the encounter as well, as it is her request. This seems pretty simple to me.
>> No. 4292
File 121053591264.jpg - (146.28KB , 400x455 , 7e237597f7e1def441bc756b79141d5e.jpg ) [iqdb]
4292
I like my little devils with little tits. Not bigger than that.
>> No. 4293
File 121053619570.jpg - (56.43KB , 450x450 , koakuma10a.jpg ) [iqdb]
4293
>>4292

I don't. lololol
>> No. 4294
Guys, I think we aren't giving sufficient weight to Patchy's advice. Even if Koakuma doesn't mean any ill, we need to treat her as a succubus and a demon, and not to expect her to behave in a human-like way. Which seems very much like what we're doing.
>> No. 4295
File 121053681521.png - (57.00KB , 749x543 , keine26783522522.png ) [iqdb]
4295
>>4242

Almost made me forget we were on Remilia's route.
[X] Hug Koakuma.
>> No. 4296
Where the fuck is Hungry Youkai? BACK TO WORK NIGGER
>> No. 4297
>>4294
Actually, who said she's a succubus? not every demoness out there is a succubus, and it's not stated anywhere. fanon, not canon.

plus, she's too moe. either we die from BAD END, ot moebeetus.
>> No. 4298
Slowpoke here. Haven't read past us finding Koakuma, but there's something I think everyone is overlooking that needs to be pointed out. Hope it's not too late:

>"Very well. She's ..." Patchouli pauses for a long moment, eyes unfocused. "She's currently around the junction between row one-seven-eight and column seven-six-nine."

In such a large library, Patchi seemed to easily pinpoint Koakuma. My thought is, maybe she can either see through the eyes of Koakuma, telepathy with Koakuma, or she has sight over the entire libaray area. Keeping this in mind, and seeing how Patchi went UnPatchi on us a few posts ago, do you really think it's a good idea asking Koakuma about the letter AT ALL now?
>> No. 4299
>>4297

For the sake of this story, Patchouli just told us Koakuma was a succubus (if we didn't know already), didn't she?
>> No. 4300
>>4296
He's having KFC.

"burrying your face in her groin." and get surprise futa?
>> No. 4301
>>4298
>do you really think it's a good idea asking Koakuma about the letter AT ALL now?

This isn't the letter that is in French.
>> No. 4302
>>"burrying your face in her groin." and get surprise futa?

I don't see the problem here.
>> No. 4303
>>4297

We KNOW she's a succubus in this story. Though it's a fan joke mostly.

>>4298

Built in radar.
>> No. 4304
It's also possible that the letter is a plant... Maybe if we show it to Sakuya she'll go full on belmont mode, and it's up to belmonymous to save the day!

That'd be pretty awesome.
>> No. 4305
>>4297
Uh? An earlier Bad End was based around not knowing succubus mythology, and Koakuma being one. The present choices written by HY include asking about Succubi when inquiring about Koakuma. It's quite clear that for HY, Koakuma = succubus.

>>4298
Yeah, but she had to focus to do so. It's not like Patchy's omniscient. She's going to be busy with Alice, so we just need to have a good alibi if we ask Koa about the letter.
>> No. 4306
Sorry for the 'lol seven minute' break there. Writing now.
>> No. 4307
We let Koakuma initiate the 'contact' in Part 2 and all that got us was a Bad End. Add in the fact that the shoe she needed to make her 'safe' is now back on its owner's foot...
>> No. 4308
>>4298
As said, Patchy had to concentrate. Either she can focus to discover where people are in the library, or she can focus to discover where Koakuma is. Either way, it doesn't indicate seeing through her eyes.
>> No. 4310
>>4307
We have no clue what that line about the shoe meant.

For that matter, we don't know Koakuma wrote it.
>> No. 4312
I think it's safe to hug her since it's the middle ground of the choices offered. Burying our face in her groin is probably what would make her lose control and end us.
>> No. 4313
>>4310

>Koakuma sees the note and steps closer to you, nodding.
>> No. 4317
Why did you vote to hug her, BAD END here we go!
>> No. 4318
>>4306
New Thread, we are nearing 400 posts.
>> No. 4326
>>4165
>Belmonts have sworn to destroy Dracula and his descendants/reincarnations along with any evil that stands in their way.

Remi isn't related to Dracula, although she sometimes likes to claim otherwise. And that's assuming we actually are a Belmont and not from some other clan of vampire hunters.