[Return]
Archived Thread

File 127430999916.jpg - (109.25KB , 500x591 , koaa~.jpg ) [iqdb]
37402 No. 37402
[x] You should probably leave her to her work, then. There'll be other nights.

“I'll come back some other time then, I wouldn't want to distract you,” you say, taking a step back towards the door, “I'd hate to see you get burnt because you were too busy listening to me talk or something.”

“Oh? Alright then, good bye Voile,” Tsubaki says, bowing slightly before turning back to her wax. Mokuren waves you off as well as you leave the room on your own. Closing the door as you leave, you take a moment to reorient yourself with your location so you can keep going in a direction you haven't been yet, and then continue along. You keep poking around in new rooms you pass, finding more unused rooms and hallways. This place is really pretty big it seems. You come to a corner eventually and find a wall that actually got a large number of windows. You must be close to the back of the house, since you're somewhat aware that the entrance to the library basement is towards the front, and you were heading in the opposite direction of there since the kitchen. You're not alone in the hallway either, as you spot a familiar pair of wings and red hair further up the hallway. You pick up the pace, actually taking to the air to speed up and catch up to Koakuma.

“Hey,” you call out as you get close, and Koakuma looks back at you over her shoulder, pausing as you lower to the ground, “I didn't think I'd run into you still walking around.”

“I won't be for much longer,” she replies, “I was actually on our way back to our room.” You note the emphasis she's placed, along with the grin she's taken on, and adopt one of your own.

“I can trust you won't do anything strange to me while I sleep?” you ask.

“Oh, I hardly think it would be considered strange, back home,” she quips in turn.

“I'd have thought that you would have already gotten back, since I've been out and about for a while,” you say, moving onto a different subject for now. Koakuma sighs.

“I would be, but Remilia seems to have taken a liking to having me around as an additional servant she can boss around while Sakuya's busy,” Koakuma explains, stifling a yawn, “we should switch roles sometime, you can be her new puppy.”

“Puppy?” you ask, a little confused by the terminology.

“Since Sakuya's already her dog, you see,” Koakuma replies with a sly smirk.

“Ha, I see then,” you say, rubbing your chin, “I don't think I would mind servic- I mean, serving such a fine young lady.” Koakuma chuckles at your remark.

“It might seem unusual for me to say this, but I wouldn't test your charms on Remilia,” Koakuma advises, taking on an unexpectedly serious tone, “vampires are naturally charming themselves, and are practically immune to subtle effects we produce. That, and she's not very likely to tolerate your efforts.”

“She seemed fine enough with it when I made a few passes the first time I spoke to her,” you say.

“She was likely just humouring you, since she already knew our ways, don't expect her to be so complacent in the future,” Koakuma warns. You can't help a defiant grin from crossing your face.

“That makes it all the more tempting,” you say, considering how great it would be to overcome such a challenge. Even despite her serious caution, Koakuma slips back into devilish thoughts.

“Well, if you do manage to crack her, you've got to give me a heads up,” Koakuma says.

“Will do,” you reply along with an affirmative gesture. The two of you share a laugh, and Koakuma segues into a yawn.

“Ah, but I'm going to go to bed,” she says, turning back around, “Remilia's on the roof patio, enjoying the night. Stairs are back there if you're interested,” she gestures wildly back towards you, indicating some door you've already passed. Might be interesting, but then again, you would have many other chances to interact with Remilia during the day.

[] Go up and say hello.
[] Some other time.

---

I have a very unusual definition of 'tomorrow'.

>> No. 37403
[x] Go up and say hello.

Days are for fairies, nights are for books and vampires.
>> No. 37404
[X] Some other time.

As much as I'd love to test our charm on Remilia, Koakuma is far too delicious to miss out on.
>> No. 37407
[x] Go up and say hello.
>> No. 37409
[x] Go up and say hello.
DO IT
>> No. 37411
[x] Go up and say hello.

Status report to the mistress of the mansion.
>> No. 37412
[X] Some other time.
>> No. 37413
[x] Go up and say hello.
>> No. 37414
[Q] Some other time.

Ko. A. Ku. Ma.

That's how I spell breakfast midnight snack awesome.
>> No. 37415
[X] Some other time.

>>37414

The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup Koakuma in your bed.
>> No. 37417
>>37415

Oh my.

I hope our room has one bed.
>> No. 37419
[X] Some other time.

Doubtful we'd be able to really do anything with Remilia. As already said, vampires are naturally charming themselves, and our own charm doesn't work against her. Besides she might feel any flirting from us is an attempt to charm her.
>> No. 37423
[X] Go up and say hello.

Remilia gets a power boost at night, it'll be fun to see Voile counter-CHA'd.
>> No. 37425
>>37417

There are two.

Not like it'd matter how many beds there are.
>> No. 37427
>>37425

Any chance of you updating your other stories today?
>> No. 37428
[X] Some other time.
>> No. 37429
[x] Go up and say hello.

I love it.
>> No. 37437
>>37427

Not today, since there's an hour and a half left in the day. I want to actually be able to write at least one story on a regular basis, because it's the trying to force myself to write four sets of updates all at once that's doing me in. I'm building up steam, getting into the groove of writing regularly, and then I'll start shifting the days I write. Two stories one day, the other two the next. I can handle two sets of updates at once fine, but I start to burn out during the third and then all I want to do is take it easy.

This is part of the reason why I've considered actually declaring Flight and Idyllic Life on hiatus and working on this and Gensou Coil. Particularly Gensou Coil, because I need to start getting the story line under way.
>> No. 37441
[x] Go up and say hello.

Don't see why not
>> No. 37442
[] Go up and say hello

Too bad Koa is going to sleep already. Much fun could be had (and I'm not talking only about sexy fun).
>> No. 37459
Hey will Voile ever confront Koakuma about the thralls?
>> No. 37461
[X] Some other time.

Who to say if we go back that she wouldn't be willing to talk for a bit before she goes to bed? If we ran into Remilia earlier I've been more inclined to stick around.
>> No. 37463
[x] Go up and say hello.
>> No. 37465
[X] Some other time.

While Remi is always fun, I would like a bit more time with our fellow expatriate.
>> No. 37467
[x] Go up and say hello.

It's only polite to go and say hello then try gettin' into your mistress' pants. Comeon don't you guys know the proper etiquette for this stuff?!
>> No. 37473
[X] Some other time.

We must get payback for earlier. We need to show her what we can do when we're prepared for her.
>> No. 37474
[x] Go up and say hello.

Something as simple as doing a greeting can't be that difficult.
>> No. 37476
[X] Some other time.

>Remilia gets a power boost at night, it'll be fun to see Voile counter-CHA'd

Mind you, Koakuma's already countered us, and we were even countered by Meiling. Besides, that power boost can very well work against us in more ways than one. Besides, there's the thralls to ask about PLUS she's magically delicious~ Why NOT get to know our kindred spirit a bit more?
>> No. 37484
[X] Go up and say hello.

Getting to know the head of the mansion is always a good idea. Also, Koakuma is visibly tired and might get angry at Voile if he keeps her awake. I once shared a room with a guy who wanted to talk with me until 2 a.m., no matter how much I asked him to shut up so I could sleep. I was practically ready to murder him when he finally got the message.
>> No. 37486
[X] Some other time.
>> No. 37488
[x] Go up and say hello.
>> No. 37493
>one post
>thirty some-odd replies

I love this board.

Anyway, calling voting. Voting's probably long over, but yeah.
>> No. 37581
>call votes
>don't update

Well fuck.
>> No. 37612
File 12744774509.jpg - (446.34KB , 750x1125 , YK.jpg ) [iqdb]
37612
>>37581

>call votes
>don't update
>post about not updating instead of writing
>reaction face
>> No. 37614
>>37612
I can't hear you over the sound of her tits.
>> No. 37617
>>37612

Didn't realize I'd forgotten until 5am, and today my internet is being a piece of shit that won't load web pages correctly. I had to refresh 5 times before THP loaded correctly.
>> No. 37628
File 127448958452.jpg - (317.58KB , 495x700 , 5ff26af959fd8117a2995b83be0cc99f.jpg ) [iqdb]
37628
I am disappointed Mode.
>> No. 37652
>>37628

Take it up with my ISP. There's apparently some problem on our end, but they won't send out a technician to try to fix whatever problem we have for two days, so I'm stuck here with a thumb up my ass, limited to only text based websites because they might actually load if I refresh the page ten times.

I finally managed to get enough of the site to load to write a reply, and I don't even know if it'll go through.
>> No. 37664
>>37652
I am not really disappointed, just wanted an excuse to post the picture and felt like riding the wave you were on.
You are writing at a constant pace, nothing to worry about.
>> No. 37720
>>37459
>“Huh, in that case I'm sorry for assuming,” she apologizes between chews, “I just figured since Koakuma had a few thralls by the end of her first day, that you'd already gotten to Cotton, so-”
I get the feeling she wasn't being serious. Considering Cottonsky's reaction to learning what a thrall is and crystal's disinterest, I get the feeling she was either joking or doesn't know what a thrall is herself.
>> No. 37721
>>37720
I get the feeling it was more of a joke about her being a demon than anything serious.
>> No. 37722
>>37459

I doubt she has them anymore. It's been years, and she'd mellowed a lot.
>> No. 37941
[x] Go up and say hello.

It wouldn't hurt to just go up and see her for a bit. You hadn't seen her since this morning, and you should at the very least know the owner of the house you work in. You turn back down the hallway and start checking doors, looking for the stairs Koakuma indicated. After a few empty rooms, you come to a stairwell spiraling up. Heading in, you find yourself in for a surprisingly long climb up the flight of stairs, emerging into the cool night on top of the mansion. The area is sparsely decorated, and the edges are rimmed by short spiked iron fencing, with a large clock tower backlighting the patio. Remilia is seated in a reclining chair of some sort, located in the middle of the patio next to a table. She looks over at the sounds you made coming out onto the roof. You half expect her to say something, but she simply turns her attention back to the night sky.

Oddly enough, you start to feel slightly intimidated, though you can't really say why. It's not an overpowering effect, but you feel hesitant to break the silence regardless. You decide to get closer at the very least, if you're going to speak to her, you might as well do it face to face rather than shouting halfway across the roof. You walk towards Remilia, who looks back at you again.

“Can I help you?” she asks, breaking the silence herself, and easing your own tension somewhat.

“I was just curious about you,” you start, “I haven't really spoken with you since this morning, and I was hoping I could talk to you a little more.” Remilia keeps her eyes on you for a moment, then turns back to the sky.

“Did Koakuma tell you I was up here?” Remilia asks, apparently ignoring your statement.

“Yeah, I ran into her in the hallway downstairs,” you admit, “why, am I not supposed to be up here?”

“No, it's alright, I just thought it was a bit too coincidental that one devil leaves and another arrives shortly after,” she says, “so I assume you have some business with me if you were seeking me out?”

“I don't know if I'd call it 'business',” you state, “I was just curious about the Lady of the house.”

“I'll warn you in advance,” Remilia declares, smirking slightly, “that if this is just a preface for you to attempt to work your devil charms on me, I would rather you turn around and leave silently.”

“Well, that would be a shame,” you muse, “you seemed fairly receptive this morning.”

“I was, I admit. However, that was only because I felt like entertaining such advances,” Remilia states, “right now, I only wish to relax and enjoy the night. I will not turn away a casual chat, but I won't stand for flirting.”

[] You should probably go then. No need push your luck.
[] Stay and skirt the line as much as possible.
[] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
-[] Optional write in questions

---

Internet's still not really working as properly as it should, but I can access websites again at least.
>> No. 37942
[x] Stay and skirt the line as much as possible.

It's time to live up to our genus name and face full life consequences.
>> No. 37943
[x] Stay and skirt the line as much as possible.
>> No. 37944
[X] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.

Let's not ruin her night.
>> No. 37946
[x] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
>> No. 37947
[x] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
>> No. 37948
[X] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
-[X] "What was Patchouli like before she summoned me?"
-[X] "Have you ever thought it odd that the majority of your staff is awake when you're asleep and vice-versa?"
-[X] "Any specific reason there aren't any other men in this mansion, or is it just a coincidence?"

When the lady of the house says she's not in the mood, pay attention.
>> No. 37949
[X] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
-[X] "What was Patchouli like before she summoned me?"
-[X] "Have you ever thought it odd that the majority of your staff is awake when you're asleep and vice-versa?"
-[X] "Any specific reason there aren't any other men in this mansion, or is it just a coincidence?"

I can work with this.
>> No. 37954
[X] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
A chat under the moonlight? Sign me in.
>> No. 37958
[X] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
-[X] "What was Patchouli like before she summoned me?"

Keep things brief and leave the other questions for later when she's a bit more receptive of Voile.
>> No. 37959
[X] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
-[X] "What was Patchouli like before she summoned me?"
-[X] "Any specific reason there aren't any other men in this mansion, or is it just a coincidence?"
>> No. 37966
[Q] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
>> No. 37971
[X] You are genuinely interested in just having a normal chat.
-[X] "What was Patchouli like before she summoned me?"
-[X] "Any specific reason there aren't any other men in this mansion, or is it just a coincidence?"

You can see now why Koakuma warned you like she did. Remilia definitely comes across as an intelligent woman that isn't afraid to state her mind, which is particularly interesting when viewed from the fact that outwardly, she appears to only be in her mid teens. You suppose that's part of what makes it so tempting to make a move on her, but you'd rather avoid offending her much. For someone like Sakuya to be serving as her subordinate, you're more wary of what kind of power this girl could have that would keep someone capable of controlling the flow of time under her thumb.

“I'm sure you'd be glad to hear that I'm not here to flirt with you then,” you say, hooking your thumbs into the pockets of your pants.

“That is a good thing to hear indeed,” Remilia says with a slight smile, “I'm glad that you've learned to restrain yourself, without my assistance.”

“I take it that Koakuma was quite a handful at first,” you say, purposefully downplaying how much you know about her already. Remilia answers with a brief laugh.

“She was a wild girl alright. Patchouli summoned her, and the devil just went berserk, started enthralling my staff, tried to break her contract and attempted to overthrow the household,” Remilia explains, “Sakuya and I put a stop to her. In fact, I actually had to overpower her will and forcefully subjugate her, no easy task against a Temptress.” You feel a slight tinge of surprise at Remilia's mentioning of Koakuma's 'class', and it must have shown, because Remilia's grin widens. “Are you surprised I knew what she was?” she asks.

“A little, yeah,” you say, “I don't really expect... outsiders, to understand the castes and ranks of devils.”

“I'm a well read girl, you know. It was your namesake that helped me learn,” Remilia says, “though I admit that my knowledge is only as good as the books I've read. I was only able to label Koakuma after seeing her in action. I was hoping you might cause a bit of trouble yourself so I could classify you as well for future reference.”

“You could have just asked me,” you say with a grin, to which Remilia sighs.

“That wouldn't have been quite as fun as allowing you to think you're gaining power before mercilessly crushing you,” Remilia muses. You can't help but feel a tinge of respect for her, such a... devilish way of handling things.

“You know, if I didn't know any better, I might mistake you for a devil yourself,” you joke. Apparently it was a good line, since Remilia replies with a rather lively laugh.

“I am called the Scarlet Devil for a reason, you know,” Remilia says once she calms down, “I guess it's no surprise I would share a certain similarity to your kind.”

“No kidding,” you reply, recalling several mentions of the name 'Scarlet Devil' earlier in the day that now make sense in context, “a powerful, strong devil leading a house with her own powerful servants and devils. It's almost like I never left home.”

“I'll take that as a compliment, and I'm glad you feel 'at home', for what it's worth,” Remilia states, sitting forward and stretching slightly.

“I do have a couple of questions though, a few things I was curious about,” you say.

“Such as?” Remilia asks in turn.

“I was wondering what Patchouli was like before she summoned me. I don't really have that good of an idea how she is, she's kind of veered between commanding and spiteful to happy and supportive, so I'm not that sure which is closer to her normal personality,” you explain. Remilia nods slowly.

“That's a fairly easy question,” Remilia says, “she's been a dear friend of mine for many years, and as long as I've known her, she's been quiet but agreeable. She's extremely serious about her work when it comes to researching and exploring the depths of magic though, and quite humourless when it comes to handling of her books and materials. Otherwise though, she's a perfectly calm individual.” Remilia pauses for a moment, looking at you with a pensive expression. “I'm going to venture a guess that the commanding and spiteful side you saw was the result of her losing the library to you, and the happy and supportive side was after you've agreed to help?” Remilia asks. You can't help but respond with an impressed chuckle.

“You've pretty much guessed it perfectly,” you state with a shrug.

“If I had to say which is closer to her regular personality, it would be neither,” Remilia continues, rather matter of factly. “Personally though, and this is fairly bad of me to say, but I rather like the situation Patchouli's gotten herself into with you and her library.”

“Is that so?” you ask, a little intrigued by this admission.

“Patchouli suffers from a few illnesses that are extremely uncommon to afflict youkai, and spending all her time closed away in a dusty old library all the time sure doesn't help her,” Remilia states, “I did what I could by helping provide her some medicines, in secret if I had to. With this situation though, she's forced to get outside and get some sun and fresh air, which will surely help her health.”

“Illnesses?” you repeat.

“Nothing too serious for a youkai, but still affect her. Asthma and Bronchitis, both of which affect her breathing and hinder her spellcasting to a degree. She's also slightly anemic,” Remilia recites, but you just nod your head. You only really understand the 'affects breathing' parts, you're not really familiar with 'human' ailments.

“I see, so it's kind of a good thing, in a way,” you say, to which Remilia nods.

“Of course, I still want you to help her restore her library, but if you could prolong the time it takes, it may work out better for her in the end,” Remilia states, giving you a not so subtle hint that she has her own agenda. You're inclined to agree as well, if it would improve Patchouli's health. Then again, you could always attempt to spare some time attempting to find a way to cure these ailments as well.

“There was something else too,” you say, “something I'm really curious about.”

“That is?” Remilia asks, leading you along.

“Is it simply a coincidence that there were no other men on staff here before me?” you ask, and Remilia smirks slightly.

“I suppose I might have taken that the wrong way if I hadn't been reassured you're not here to chase my skirt,” Remilia quips, “but I wouldn't exactly say there weren't any males on staff before you. There have been plenty, they're just not on staff now.”

“Oh? Why is that, then?” you ask.

“To put it simply, I ate them,” Remilia says plainly. Rather simple, indeed. “Both male and female staff, actually, prior to my home's... spontaneous relocation.”

“That is pretty simple,” you say, “but don't you just need blood?”

“Yes, I do,” she answers, “and I only need to drink a small amount of it. However, I do enjoy it's use in other ways. Almost all of the food prepared for me is made with blood as part of the recipe, and that requires quite a large supply. A supply that can unfortunately end up impossible for a single human to survive.” You almost buy her explanation, just barely, but you can detect a hint of deceit to her words. Something doesn't quite add up, and you think you know what it is. You decide to test her a little, see just how she'd respond to a little attempt at manipulation.

“You only need a small amount of blood? That's fairly unusual for a single vampire,” you state. Remilia shrugs slightly.

“I'm quite a light eater, just over a pint is enough to tide me over,” she says casually. A few moments after she says this, you note a slight change in her expression. A very slight change, as if she's suddenly put herself on guard. Once again, it's a change you almost barely detect, and you no doubt only noticed it thanks to your many, many years experience among the liars and tricksters of your kind. For Remilia to be able to hide her tells to such an extent, she could easily rule among your kind without a problem. You'd never stand a chance in a straight up match of wills, and you now truly understand that subtle trickery would definitely not work on this girl. “Why do you ask, I wonder?” Remilia queries, maintaining her same tone as before. There's no doubt that she suspects something, though, you can read it in her eyes. Whether or not you can play it off as nothing though...

[] Play it off as just a curious question.
-[] Optional supplemental excuse
[] Admit you know about her sister, Flandre.
>> No. 37973
[x] Admit you know about her sister, Flandre.
-[x] Ask if you were to be her playmate when she asked earlier.
-[x] Reassure her that you don't ever hit on girls with rather young mentalities

Remilia did say that earlier, and I think a bit of assurance that Voile doesn't have pedo-ish tendencies.

>“She was a wild girl alright. Patchouli summoned her, and the devil just went berserk, started enthralling my staff, tried to break her contract and attempted to overthrow the household,” Remilia explains, “Sakuya and I put a stop to her. In fact, I actually had to overpower her will and forcefully subjugate her, no easy task against a Temptress.” You feel a slight tinge of surprise at Remilia's mentioning of Koakuma's 'class', and it must have shown, because Remilia's grin widens. “Are you surprised I knew what she was?” she asks.

Heh, too bad for her we'll undo that some, and basically seduce the mansion, not take it over. Though Voile will never be that unruly.
>> No. 37975
[X] Tell her straight out that, although she is quite good at hiding it, you can tell that she is holding something back. Not that you have an issue with that. Still, in the future she may want to tell you outright when she would rather not talk about something... after all, being straightforward was what spared her from your flirtations, wasn't it?
- [X] Though you do hope she will feel more comfortable with you in the future.

I'm in no mood to go spoiling that promise with Cottonsky just yet. That aside, I think this is a reasonable response, and one a little more simple to play off than just passing curiosity. It also has the benefit of ultimately being true, if not the whole truth.
>> No. 37976
[X] Tell her straight out that, although she is quite good at hiding it, you can tell that she is holding something back. Not that you have an issue with that. Still, in the future she may want to tell you outright when she would rather not talk about something... after all, being straightforward was what spared her from your flirtations, wasn't it?
- [X] Though you do hope she will feel more comfortable with you in the future.

We can just pick the playmate option if it is open tomorrow to hear about Flan from Remi.
>> No. 37979
[x] Tell her straight out that, although she is quite good at hiding it, you can tell that she is holding something back. Not that you have an issue with that. Still, in the future she may want to tell you outright when she would rather not talk about something... after all, being straightforward was what spared her from your flirtations, wasn't it?
- [x] Though you do hope she will feel more comfortable with you in the future.
>> No. 37980
>>37975
Good point.
>> No. 37985
[x] Tell her straight out that, although she is quite good at hiding it, you can tell that she is holding something back. Not that you have an issue with that. Still, in the future she may want to tell you outright when she would rather not talk about something... after all, being straightforward was what spared her from your flirtations, wasn't it?
- [x] Though you do hope she will feel more comfortable with you in the future.
>> No. 38013
So we get the fucking new router, the internet is a fraction faster than it already had managed to return to, and absolutely none of the wireless settings work.

Fan-fucking-tastic.
>> No. 38022
[x] Tell her straight out that, although she is quite good at hiding it, you can tell that she is holding something back. Not that you have an issue with that. Still, in the future she may want to tell you outright when she would rather not talk about something... after all, being straightforward was what spared her from your flirtations, wasn't it?
- [x] Though you do hope she will feel more comfortable with you in the future.

Works for me~!
>> No. 38046
[x] Tell her straight out that, although she is quite good at hiding it, you can tell that she is holding something back. Not that you have an issue with that. Still, in the future she may want to tell you outright when she would rather not talk about something... after all, being straightforward was what spared her from your flirtations, wasn't it?
- [x] Though you do hope she will feel more comfortable with you in the future.

“It just caught my attention,” you state, leaving a pause on purpose, “your attempts to hide something, that is.” Remilia's maintains the same cautious air, but a small smile comes to her face. “I don't know why you would feel you have to withhold information from me, since I'm really just interested in being the best servant possible, but it's your right to keep your own secrets,” you go on to say.

“Indeed,” Remilia says, and she seems to be relaxing a bit as well.

“Though, for simplicities sake, in the future if there's something you'd like to not talk about, don't be hesitant to tell me you don't want to talk about it. I'm used to taking orders and not questioning my superiors, I won't hold it against you if you tell me to shut up,” you add, and Remilia nods slowly. You bear a small grin in turn. “It was the fact that you said straight out that you wouldn't tolerate being hit on that I decided I'd just have a little chat instead.” Remilia responds with a scoffing sort of laugh.

“I thought it was a little too good to be true that a devil didn't have that on their mind,” Remilia quips, “though I'm more surprised that you're as good at being devious as you are. Were I anyone else, I might have believed your excuse about your line of questioning. I must admit though, you've impressed me,” Remilia smiles slightly, “you had me make a slight slip of the tongue, no doubt confirming whatever suspicions you had that lead you to question such a detail. I suppose I'm still not that used to speaking with true devils if I can be so easily lead along.”

“At least I was just leading you along for the purposes of gleaning information, and not some other reasons I could have,” you reply with a grin. Remilia responds with her own grin.

“That is true, though, I wonder just whatever you could have in mind for me?” Remilia asks coyly. She seems to be changing her tune from earlier, there's no way she could expect a flirty comment in response to that question. It's bait you're going to take.

“I imagine that a good full body massage would be well appreciated,” you comment, “two people alone in a dimly lit room, with a bottle of oil and no interruptions...” you trail off, and Remilia ends it with a slight laugh.

“My, that sounds like you have something else on your mind,” Remilia muses.

“Oh, whatever could you mean?” you ask in return, jokingly dodging the comment.

“And to think I told you not to make any attempts to flirt with me,” Remilia scoffs jokingly, “you're a bad devil, Voile.”

“I just do what I do best,” you respond. Remilia sits forward again, and then slides off her chair.

“Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stop your fantasies there,” she says, stretching again. This time though, the mood has changed, and you find yourself attempting to appraise her figure as she does so, but failing due to the bagginess of her clothes. “I'm starting to get hungry, so I'm going to go take a meal. I imagine you probably have other things you'd like to get to as well.”

“I'm sure I could find something,” you say, even though you really don't have any idea what there is for you to do.

“Well then, goodbye for now Voile,” Remilia says, “I look forward to seeing you around.” She begins to walk past you, slightly brushing the edge of one of her wings against yours as she does, and giving you a glance over her shoulder as she does. You wait for her to leave the roof first. You're not entirely sure what it was that caused her to shift her moods towards allowing you to get away with such an obvious delivery like that, but whatever it was you consider it a success on your part. With newfound confidence in mind, you begin to think about what you could do to pass your time.

[] Continue your aimless wanderings of the mansion.
[] You're already outside, a little flying around wouldn't hurt.
[] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.
>> No. 38049
[X] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.
>> No. 38053
[x] Continue your aimless wanderings of the mansion.
Adventure time. Just what is needed right now.
>> No. 38054
[X] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.

Probably a good time to wind down.
>> No. 38055
[] Continue your aimless wanderings of the mansion.
>> No. 38060
[Q] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.

Let's wind down... beside Koakuma.
>> No. 38068
[c] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.

I want to wake up and have Koakuma lying next to us~
>> No. 38078
[X] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.
>> No. 38081
[X] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.

Naps are nice. Good way to make sure we'll be energetic when we need to be.

Also, delicious Koakuma, must spoon with.
>> No. 38089
[X] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.
Yesss! Lie with the devil!
>> No. 38091
[x] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.
>> No. 38092
>>38046
This post, summarized:
"I am behind you, Remilia!"

"Well played, Voile. But in reality, it is I who am behind you."

>> No. 38093
>>38092

Dammit, now I'm remembering that scene for Busou Renkin.
>> No. 38102
>>38093
And then it keeps going until we hit sunlight.
>> No. 38165
File 127507543980.png - (40.65KB , 222x147 , Moonface1.png ) [iqdb]
38165
>>38093
Christ, that was a dumb show.
The gimmick villains were the most entertaining thing about it.
>> No. 38167
>>38165

Dumb, I'll concede, but had some brilliant parts. Especially when they reveal that he was literally drawing power from his friends, in a not-so-good way.
>> No. 38176
>>38165
It may have been a dumb show

But it was an awesome dumb show.
>> No. 38185
>>38165
Moooon~

>>38176
Cowboys and homosexuals in spandex. 'Nuff said.

Entertaining, nonetheless.
>> No. 38186
>>38185
It was from the guy that made Kenshin, though I heard the manga and/or show got canceled due to stupid reasons.
>> No. 38199
[X] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.
That show seems awesome... and kind of weird.
>> No. 38216
File 127519277275.png - (151.44KB , 436x353 , mac tonight.png ) [iqdb]
38216
>>38165
>> No. 38239
Update?
>> No. 38272
[x] It's been a little while now, you could probably pull off a nap.

You've been out and about for... close to three hours now you reckon, and the amount of walking and standing you've done in the meantime has gone a bit towards wearing you down. While you might not be able to sleep for long, you could probably get a little shut eye. Heading back towards the stairs, you make your way down to the ground floor and into the mansion, where you find yourself retracing your path on the way back to the library. The return trip eats up some more time as well, putting you closer to four hours spent. You make your way down to the basement and push your way through the doors. Even though it's the middle of the night, the library suffers none, not that it matters much when you can see in the dark. You work around the empty shelves to reach the door to your shared room with Koakuma.

Creaking the door open slowly, you step into the room. Koakuma's lying in her bed against the wall opposite the door, only seeming to be dressed in a shirt. You've half a mind to go over and get a closer look. You're sure she wouldn't mind, after all.

[] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.
[] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.

---

>>38239

Okay.
>> No. 38273
[x] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.

This is delicious Koakuma, etc...
>> No. 38277
[X] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.

This could be interesting...
>> No. 38279
[x] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.
>> No. 38284
[Q] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.

Again with the one-option updates...
>> No. 38287
IT'S A TRAP! EVADE, EVADE!

[X] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.
>> No. 38289
[x] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.

Attempting to go straight for the goods didn't work out well in conversation, either. Besides, she'll probably wake up during (or is already awake) and be quite irked.
>> No. 38290
>>38289

Why would she be irked?
>> No. 38291
>>38290

Personally, if I was tired and someone woke me up for anything at all, I'd be pretty irked, myself.

[X] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.
>> No. 38292
>>38291

Voile is part of Koakuma's harem. I don't think she'd mind, and Voile doesn't think Koakuma will mind either.
>> No. 38293
[x] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.

If we won't be having any thralls, then at least this...
>> No. 38294
[X] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.
>> No. 38295
[X] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.
>> No. 38296
[X] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.
>> No. 38297
[X] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.

Make sure to keep hands off for now, though.
>> No. 38298
[X] Let's have a little look-see at what we have here.

Take a look, hands off, though.
>> No. 38300
[X] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.
His will already proven too weak against her skills. Thanks to our vote, no less. Let's not do that again, shall we?
>> No. 38302
ffff

Two way tie between the two options. However, I will make it easy, since I've already finished the next update and don't want to have to rewrite a large portion of it. I'd thought voting was going to be done. I suppose in the future, I'll call it.

Going with [X] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.
>> No. 38303
>>38302
I'm okay with this.
>> No. 38305
[x] You'll have plenty of time otherwise to see her undressed.

On second thought, you're not all that inclined to go ogle her in her sleep. Besides, you don't doubt that you'd have plenty of opportunities in the future to see her in less clothes, in better lighting at that. You head over to your own bed, loosening your own shirt and belt, and dropping down on top of it. Sliding up more onto your bed and closing your eyes, you begin to recount the day's events so far, going over all the people you've met so far. It has to be some kind of amazing stroke of luck that you ended up being the sole man in a household full of women, alongside an ex-ruler of your own kind no less. No less than ten feet away from you is a woman who, for all intents and purposes, you would have been ready to kill, and she's sleeping peacefully. That fact alone amuses you as much as it makes you realize just how different this realm is. There's no doubt in your mind that had you encountered someone like Koakuma back 'home', it would have ended in one of your deaths. Here though, away from the constant waring and politics, you two exist as co-workers. You can understand why Koakuma would come to enjoy being in this realm. After only a day, you're already considering if you'd ever want to go back.

Of course, you're still a servant, bound by a contract you are honourbound to oblige. Though combat is your natural strength, you also handled a number of other menial tasks as a unit leader. Cleaning wasn't exactly a part of it, naturally, but you do have other skills you could apply. Your experience with handling your troops could assist in organizing the staff better, though that depends on how organized they already are. You're also somewhat familiar with accounting for supplies, though you're not entirely sure how you could apply that ability towards housekeeping yet. You briefly consider seeing about training a small number of guards as well, since it seems that Meiling is the only physical defense the house has. The thoughts are brief, however, because they wander off into other thoughts of what having several dozen girls in one room, panting and sweating would be like. You entertain these thoughts for a time until you fall asleep.

You only realize you'd fallen asleep when you come to some time later in a different position. You'd been laying on your back before, but at some point you rolled over onto your side, with your wings tucked in close. You're not too sure how long you've been asleep for, but it couldn't have been too long, as you notice Koakuma is still in her bed. After a few seconds, you scoot out of bed and straighten out your clothes a bit. You probably should have taken them off, but you don't exactly have a regular wardrobe quite yet. Once again, you let yourself out of the room and re-enter the library. You suppose you've got to find something else to occupy your time until everyone else starts to get up, but as you begin to run the opportunities through your mind, you come across Patchouli sitting at a table in the empty library, along the way to the exit. Perhaps sitting isn't quite the right expression, more like sprawled out on the table in boredom.

“You're awake?” you ask, out of curiosity as you approach the purple-haired girl. She grumbles a response.

“I wish I wasn't,” she complains, rolling her head to one side to look at you. “I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Usually I'd wake up and come out here, get right back to my books, but...” Patchouli pauses to sigh, and leaves it at that.

“Must be hard to lose something that's so much a part of you,” you say. Patchouli smirks a bit.

“I think you and I could have that in common,” she comments, “after all, I'm sure you've left behind a large part of your own life now that you're in my employ.” You do have to admit that while she has a point, a past time of combat and training is slightly easier to accept losing in favour of skirt chasing and light menial labour.

It occurs to you that with Patchouli awake, you could likely find a way to pass time until other work comes up.

[] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
[] If she asks you for something, you'd oblige, but you have other goals.

---

And by finished I meant 'end up typing a bunch more lines, realize I'm starting to go down a slightly unrelated and otherwise unnecessary path that could best be left for another plot thread, cut it all out, and then wrap it up.'
>> No. 38306
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38307
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 38309
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

Works for me~!
>> No. 38310
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38312
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

Be useful
>> No. 38313
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38315
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38316
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

Cheer her up, go get things for her, relieve some of her tension, whatever she needs.
>> No. 38317
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38318
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38320
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
What those guys said
>> No. 38324
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38332
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38333
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

Hmm...
>> No. 38337
[Q] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

We're a damned familiar. This is our job.
>> No. 38343
>>38337
>We're a damned familiar.
Not literally, I hope. Still, he does come from hell, so...
>> No. 38344
>>38302

I'm disappointed.
>> No. 38349
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
>> No. 38353
{Tend to your true master's "needs" for the time being.}
>> No. 38355
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.
Is she still sitting with her head on the table? If so, surprise shoulder-rub?
>> No. 38363
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

Punch in. Punch out.
>> No. 38369
[X] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

Body Massage.
>> No. 38389
Is it morning? If yes,

[x] Your master could use a walk and a breath of fresh morning air, not like she has much to do anyway.
>> No. 38409
[x] Tend to your true master's needs for the time being.

Time to get to business and at least fill your proper role for now, with your master listless in front of you and her only other assistant currently asleep.

“Whatever the similarities, my past is behind me for now. Currently, I'm only interested in living up to my side of the contract I'm under,” you state, walking up to the table Patchouli has herself sprawled on. Patchouli hums in curiosity as you place a hand on her shoulder.

“What is it?” she asks half-heartedly, head still turned to one side as she watches you awkwardly with one eye.

“Have you eaten yet?” you ask. Patchouli moves in a way that sort of resembles shaking her head, even though it remains planted against the table.

“No, I just woke up and came back here out of reflex, then got depressed,” she whines, sliding her hands back towards herself, folding them under her chin.

“So let's go have some breakfast then,” you say, patting her shoulder slightly. Patchouli hums a bit, and moves to straighten up, but then stops and sinks forward, muttering to herself.

“Ow, ow, ow,” she grumbles, moving one hand to her back, “ah, I need to stop falling asleep in odd positions,” she complains, trying to reach some spot on her back.

“Are you alright?” you ask, wondering what could be causing her pain.

“The chair I fell asleep in last night waiting for you to wake up,” Patchouli says, “I went back to my room to go to bed, but ended up just sitting down for a bit to think, and fell asleep again. Now I've got a kink in my back...”

“Where?” you ask, placing one hand on her shoulder, and another on her back, tracing her spine with your fingers. You bring them down to where her hand is trying to reach, near the low point on her back. “Here?” you ask, and Patchouli hums in agreement. You press your fingers against the area and give it a firm rub, an action that causes Patchouli to jerk slightly. She tenses up a bit, but relaxes more as you massage the area. After a while, you finish and allow Patchouli to sit up, which she does without wincing, and initiates a wide stretch.

“Much better,” she admits with a smile, “that was very nice, thank you.”

“It's my job,” you state as Patchouli stands up slowly.

“Shall we get breakfast then?” Patchouli asks, and you nod, then gesture for her to take the lead. She begins to head out of the library, and you take position at her side. The two of you leave, and start up to the main floor. The two of you had walked in silence until reaching the top of the stairs, when Patchouli decides to strike up a conversation. “I never did ask you what you did before you were summoned, did I?” she asks.

“I was a soldier, a leader under a warlord,” you declare, still proud of your past, “I made my way through battle on pure strength.”

“Oh, that must put you at odd with Koakuma,” Patchouli states, obviously aware of the conflict present between your respective 'castes'.

“It would, if she still were what she was,” you admit, “it's obvious that she's left her old identity behind, so now she's just a woman as far as I'm concerned. She's also contractually bound to you as well, so it would be a breach of my contract to do such a thing anyway.”

“That's true,” Patchouli remarks, “actually, I'm kind of glad that you're a soldier.”

“Oh? Why's that?” you ask, intrigued.

“Back up defense for any pesky thieves that get past the front gates,” Patchouli admits, “the only defenses the library has are the magic of Koakuma and I. We need physical strength to balance it out.”

“Well, that works for me,” you say with a grin, “of course, being a troop leader, I could probably easily convert some of the staff into a library militia.” Patchouli gets a laugh out of that, and you chuckle a bit too.

“A small army of fairies trained for combat,” Patchouli comments, “that would be something to see.”

“I could make it happen,” you declare, “just get me a free room and fresh faced recruits, and I'll give you a battalion by the end of the month.”

“You're likely to just get a bunch of deserters,” Patchouli remarks dryly, “fairies aren't exactly the most reliable workers. It takes four of them to do the work of one untrained human. Thankfully the Great Fairies are far more productive, almost on a 1 to 1 scale of usefulness to an average human.”

“Because they're closer to becoming fully fledged spirits rather than simply being fairies, I'd guess,” you say.

“Sounds about right,” Patchouli replies.

“So if they're more efficient because they're closer to youkai than fairies, why not just staff the house with youkai?” you ask.

“Fairies are childish, and mostly harmless,” Patchouli answers, “the worst they'll do is throw tantrums and play pranks if they get tired, and just stop working to goof around. That kind of mindset changes how they behave when they become youkai.””

“Alright,” you say, egging on Patchouli's explanation.

“Otherwise, youkai are stubborn and confrontational. They'll argue and fight your orders if they get tired, and have the strength and power to cause some considerable damage, depending on what kind of youkai they are,” Patchouli's explanation continues.

“So in the long run, it's better to culture youkai from fairies because of temperament,” you summarize, and Patchouli nods in agreement.

“More or less,” she responds, “plus, while a fairies power evolves as they change, they typically don't gain much more strength, leaving them fairly weak.” You nod a bit as you take in all the information, but it also helps you realize just how little of how this realm works as normal. You have a good idea about fairies and their growth, but what about other 'races'?

[] Inquire about youkai types that populate the area.
[] Ask about what humans there are around here.
[] You wonder if you and Koa are the only devils.
[] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.
[] You'll put off asking this question for another time.

---

If anything seems unusually strange about this update, it would be due to the fact that I wrote it while much more tired than usual, at a point where it's more comfortable to sit around with my eyes closed rather than look at anything.

Half this update was written with my eyes closed. It'll probably show, hence the warning.
>> No. 38411
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.
>> No. 38414
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.

I think it'd take Patchy a while to list the various types of general Youkai.
>> No. 38420
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.

Sure, why not? But now that I think about it, shouldn't the library have had a copy of the Gensokyo Chronicle that we can pull out of our mind?
>> No. 38422
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.

Teach me, Patchouli-sensei!
>> No. 38427
[x] Ask about what humans there are around here.
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.
>> No. 38433
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.
[x] You wonder if you and Koa are the only devils.
I want to hear Pachy summarise the races for us. Should be pretty educational. And it'd be pretty interesting to find out if anyone else has tried their hand at devil summoning (Or if there are any 'locals').
>> No. 38436
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.

Because knowing is half the battle.
>> No. 38457
I'm calling a very short break on account of computer difficulties. My desktop just locked up twice on me with no warning or explanation, and I'm trying to figure out the problem and see if I can fix it.

If I can't solve the problem and it persists, I'll just move my writing files to my laptop and update from here until I fix whatever problem my computer has. I'll be back to writing by the weekend, at the latest.
>> No. 38503
>>38457

I'm passing some advice onto you, because I have had a similar experience that did not end well: do not keep using your computer. Get a compter repairman to look at it if you want to keep using it. It sounds like one of the motherboard capacitors or such has blown. When this happened to me, I kept using it. The whole thing eventually started popping and smoking. Turns out the whole thing except the DVD drive and video card became fucked up beyond function. You're a good guy, Mode; I don't want the same to happen to you.
>> No. 38525
>>38503

Thanks for the advice, though the closest place I could bring my PC is a place I'd rather avoid altogether now that I've come to suspect them of cheating me on parts purposefully just so that I would return with more business when everything went south.

However, I think I may have eliminated the problem. As it happens, I had quite a bit of virii lurking around my computer, and I know in the past I've had infections that had done much of the same thing. I've cleaned my computer, and it's been working fine for about a day now.

Of course, all I have to deal with now is this fucking storm that keeps knocking out my power.
>> No. 38580
>“A small army of fairies trained for combat,” Patchouli comments, “that would be something to see.”
Plus mentions that Meiling is the only guard.

In EoSD, when fighting Meiling as the stage boss, one of her non-spells includes a number of fairies shooting at you. If you beat them all, more simply come back. Presumably all/most of the fairies in the stage are also gate guards working with Meiling. She's definitely not alone normally; hell she's the only boss I can think of that gets reinforcements like that in the middle of the fight.
>> No. 38610
>>38580
There are plenty of bosses that call for reinforcements. Alice and Orin stand out, but Wriggle, Keine and Eirin also use familiars/slaves of varying potency.

If it shows up during a boss fight, you can shoot it, it can shoot you, and it isn't the boss, it's a reinforcement.

You know, with that definition... Yuugi.
>> No. 38616
>>38610
But those Fairies with Meiling weren't familiars, but Fairy Maids that Meiling called out in the mansion's defense.

Meiling's retreat wasn't unwise in theory as she did so as to prepare reinforcements akin to how a scout would lead the enemy back to the heavily armed fort.
>> No. 38700
[x] Seek a general rundown on other 'races' in Gensokyo.

“This has me wondering,” you start, “fairies are something I'm familiar with, so far as they're tiny little nature sprites, small enough to fit in your hand. Here though, they seem to range between the tiny state and, well, our size. The whole 'ascension' thing as well, I've never heard of that before.” You pause for a second, taking the time to consider how to phrase your question. “I don't really know as much as I would like to about the way life works around here, and it's got me a bit curious about what I might not know already.”

“That's a pretty simple question,” Patchouli responds fairly quickly after you finish, “since you already seem to understand fairies, I can simply skip them. The major races worth noting are humans, youkai as a whole, and ghosts.”

“Well, I guess you can skip humans too,” you say, smirking slightly, “I'm pretty sure I understand them too. Humans aren't too different no matter where they turn up.”

“Ah, but are you used to humans that each possess a higher than normal spiritual power, and all of whom practice some form of combat that allows them to excel at defeating the supernatural, whether they're youkai, ghosts, vampires, or even devils?” Patchouli asks with an amused tone.

“What, are the only humans around here a sect of demon hunters or something?” you ask sarcastically.

“Descended from, in a sense,” Patchouli retorts, and you click your tongue.

“Demon hunters then,” you say, “no one else has a problem with this?”

“It's almost a requirement, really,” Patchouli answers, “given the nature of this world a human without at least one spellcard will have a bit of trouble if they're caught alone by a youkai.”

“Spellcard?” you ask, curious about the new terminology.

“Oh, I never thought to explain it to you,” Patchouli remarks with genuine surprise, “it's actually really important that you know.”

“Then I suppose I should hear this,” you say.

“The Spellcard system is a sort of rule put in place to protect the balance in Gensokyo, a method for the various empowered people living here to work out their differences no matter what innate powers they have, without seriously endangering anyone, or any thing,” Patchouli explains, slowing down a bit as she talks. You slow down too, and Patchouli outright stops.

“Something wrong?” you ask, and Patchouli takes a deep breath.

“Sorry, too much talking,” she says, taking another breath, “should walk and talk at the same time.” You're suddenly reminded of the illnesses you were told she had. “Right, so, anyway, the system allows people to duel with pre-arranged magical attacks, Spellcards, as a way of determining the victor. The winner is the one that defeats all their opponents spellcards first. That way, it simplifies fights to whoever is more physically able to avoid the attacks, and who is more capable of planning difficult to defeat attacks.”

“Sounds like a bit of a hassle,” you mention, scratching the base of one of the wings protruding from behind your ear, “in that case, should I not bother learning magic from the library?”

“Oh no, no, you'll still need that,” Patchouli replies, “not only to be sure you understand what you're doing, but if you're following the Sigil system, it actually lends itself to Spellcards very well.” Patchouli reaches into her outer robe and rummages through an interior pocket, producing a small card after a few seconds. You instantly recognize the design on the front of it, a Sigil. It's a bit different from anything you've seen so far though. “It's not what everyone else uses, but this system really works well, it allows me to prepare magic ahead of time, easy to store and carry, and I can reorganize the deck to suit whatever needs I might have. It's very convenient.”

“I understand a bit of what I see there, but there's still a few things about it that look different than what I know,” you say, looking over the card. Patchouli flips it around, looking at the face of it herself.

“Well, it does use more advanced techniques, but it's nothing too complicated,” she says, turning the card idly in her fingers, “I'd explain it, but I think you'd get a better explanation from the books.”

“So, how exactly do spellcards help humans against youkai and everything else?” you ask, deciding not to press Patchouli on the specifics of a magic system you're likely going to end up learning anyway, and preventing the topic from straying any more away from your original question.

“Youkai eat humans, or are supposed to at least,” Patchouli says, frowning a bit, “though personally I've never really liked the taste.”

“You're a youkai?” you ask, for clarification.

“A type of one, yes. I'm actually fairly close to human though, youkai only through magic,” Patchouli admits, “admittedly, I'd already be weak in comparison to other youkai, but other conditions make it harder for me.”

“Like your illnesses?” you ask. Patchouli looks a little annoyed at first, then takes on a more somber expression.

“Yes,” she answers, “an unfortunate problem I cannot easily deal with, ones that wouldn't even take hold on a truer youkai.”

“What would a true youkai be, then?” you ask, wishing you knew a little more about the subject so you didn't have to keep taking small leads like this.

“I good example would be Meiling, as far as strength and resilience goes,” Patchouli states.

“Meiling's a youkai too, then,” you say. Patchouli nods.

“Though... I'm not sure anyone knows what type,” Patchouli says, getting a bit quiet.

“What types are there?” you take the most obvious bait to keep pressing details.

“Youkai are generally spirits of natural origin, in a sense. Created through belief or as a side effect of a long life when they don't mature from fairies. Animals that live a particularly long time can become youkai and change their form. Another type of youkai, Tsukumogami, are born from the spirit of anger residing within an improperly discarded tool or object. Then there are youkai created simply from a group mentality, usually fear of something, that causes an embodiment of that fear to manifest,” Patchouli recites, pausing only now to take a breath, “there are several other kinds as well, but they get harder to classify individually. The only other major group of youkai would be the Oni.” Patchouli stops again, apparently she's done, and seems to be waiting for you to ask something else. You're not going to do it though, you simply give her a small wave to signify she should keep on explaining. She clears her throat after a bit. “So... Oni?” she asks, and you nod. “They're... I don't know what I could compare them to that you might understand,” Patchouli confesses, bowing her head a bit, “I've never really had to explain what an Oni is to someone, considering most everyone I've met has heard of them.”

“I'm willing to bet everyone you know is from this world, though,” you retort with a grin.

“A condition of not being an avid plane traveler,” Patchouli remarks, then sinks into thought, “hmm... I suppose I could liken them to ogres.”

“That's something I would be familiar with,” you say, reassuring Patchouli.

“Though that's kind of a bad comparison, I'd imagine. Ogres remind me of big, ugly brutes. The only Oni I've met so far have been...” Patchouli pauses for a second, them smirks a bit, “well, actually, abnormally short and unusually tall, but otherwise look about the same as you or me.”

“Doesn't sound like Ogres I know either,” you comment, and Patchouli sighs.

“Bad comparison, I guess,” she complains, “still, they're a race to be respected. Boisterous personalities, incredible strength, and unflinchingly honest.” You get a bit of a chuckle out of the idea of anyone being perfectly honest, it sounds way too good to be true.

“'Unflinchingly honest'? So they never lie at all?” you skeptically ask.

“Supposedly not, but then again I've never held an extended conversation with one,” Patchouli remarks.

“I'd like to test that, sometime,” you admit. It may just be your nature as a member of a deceitful and tricky race, but you cannot simply accept the idea of complete honesty, and it appeals to you to break the idea of such a thing as a test of your own abilities. You just hope you're given a chance one day. “So, what was left, ghosts?”

“Ah, yeah,” Patchouli says, “it would probably be more fair to call them spirits though, since they're not solely the souls of the dead.”

“I'm pretty sure I have a fair understanding of how spirits and ghosts and all those work,” you comment.

“About the only things out of the ordinary among spirits you might not know about are the Yama and Shinigami, though those might not matter much to you,” Patchouli says.

“Might as well learn anyway though,” you reply, punctuated with a slight shrug.

“There's thankfully not much to say, they're pretty simple,” Patchouli says, “the Shinigami are ferry men and women that carry the souls of the dead across the Sanzu river, the river of the dead, so they can receive judgment by the Yama, who determine if a soul reincarnates, ascends to heaven, or is condemned to hell, among other judgments,” Patchouli explains.

“Oh, well, I guess I did already know what they were,” you say, smiling slightly, “ferrymen and judges of souls aren't exactly unfamiliar territory.”

“At least you know the local terms for them now,” Patchouli returns with a smile of her own.

“This has me wondering though, were do vampires and devils fit into all this among the 'races'?” you ask, curious as to how you'd be classified.

“You know... I actually don't know,” Patchouli replies after a few seconds of silence. “Vampires, I've read about them being linked to devils, but at the same time there seems to be some kind of local superstition that connects them to Oni as well.”

“Really?” you ask, actually a bit surprised at the idea of connecting them to Oni, given what little you know and, of course, how completely contrary it already is to the idea you were presented of the race. “And devils?”

“Uh... spirits, maybe?” Patchouli gives a slight shrug, “devils aren't a natural part of the local ecology, so not many people would even bother to categorize them. I'd consider you a spirit though.”

“Any particular reason?” you ask out of curiosity.

“You inhabit a realm beyond mortals, but have an undeniable effect on their lives. As well, you can only enter mortal realms under special conditions,” Patchouli states, “it's about the only thing that would fit as a classification, but that's just speculation on my part.”

“It's interesting to know, none the less,” you say with a slight nod. You'd actually never considered how your race would be classified among other races beyond humans. It's actually pretty interesting it hear the idea of where you'd fit from another 'supernatural' being.

[] You've heard enough for now.
[] You have some questions still.
-[] Write in question(s

---

So like always, I give a specific time I'll update, and the universe conspires against me. Computer troubles, power outages, huge motherfucking storms with complimentary tornado warnings, mandatory work, and then being bummed out for a day after hearing about Kira. I've spent the last day or two blowing off steam and relaxing after not having a whole lot of time to myself.

Gensou Coil updating lat- Actually, I'm not going to say when I'm going to update, because if I do, something will go wrong. Something always goes wrong.

It'll definitely go wrong now, considering I just invoked it.Of course, this means that nothing will go wrong, just to spite me for trying to predict and compensate for it.
>> No. 38704
[x] You've heard enough for now.
>> No. 38717
[&] You've heard enough for now.

No sense in tiring Patchouli more than she may already be.
>> No. 38718
[x] You've heard enough for now.
>> No. 38743
[x] Write in question(ry
>> No. 38745
[X] You've heard enough for now.

Moderation is key here in the case of Patchouli it seems.
>> No. 38755
[x] You've heard enough for now.

She's been talking for a while. We should be concerned for her health.
>> No. 38757
[x] You've heard enough for now.
-[x] Ask if she's alright.
-[x] See if she has any questions for you.

I doubt she learned everything about Devils from Koa.
>> No. 38759
[x] You've heard enough for now.

Let the bookworm rest.
>> No. 38840
[x] I heard enough from it.

I'm afraid that listening quietly from a miss may be a little Out of Character, considering that the main character is a devil, and a soldier.
>> No. 38841
File 127632879912.jpg - (134.37KB , 572x800 , 1276290714390.jpg ) [iqdb]
38841
[X] You've heard enough for now.
-[X] Ask if she's alright.


Have a Koakuma.
>> No. 38842
File 127632882637.jpg - (283.39KB , 714x1000 , a5de10ec44ac7c02a1462e26cd028893.jpg ) [iqdb]
38842
>>38841
Or a Not-so-NSFW one, if you prefer.
>> No. 38843
>>38842

Why is she wearing pad?
>> No. 38845
I'm fine wit hsome NSFW moment. As long as the story have a decent plot.
You can take it easy once on a while, hey?
I vote for KoaxDevilAnon pairing!
>> No. 38846
File 127633185896.png - (70.17KB , 360x200 , Yukkuri_MarisaReimu.png ) [iqdb]
38846
>>38845

In /sdm/ we always take it easy.

Voile can take it easy with everyone in the SDM at once when he is in Koakuma's harem.
>> No. 38859
>>38840
Yet I'm sure Patchouli might have some questions about devils, seeing how she likes learning about things. So far she's only encountered a female temptress type.
>> No. 38922
>>38859
We're interested too. The only thing that we know, is that there is War Chief, like Voile's boss, and Temptress, like Koakuma.
>> No. 38933
[x] You've heard enough for now.

“Well, should we get going again?” you ask, gesturing down the hall. Patchouli nods and starts to walk again. You find yourself a little concerned for Patchouli. Not being able to walk and talk at the same time without running out of breath seems like a hard thing to deal with. “So, what are you going to do with your day?” you ask after a short while.

“I'm not sure yet,” Patchouli answers fairly quickly, “perhaps I'll go pay some acquaintances a visit, and see about borrowing some of their books for a change.” Already thinking about books again.

“And will that take the entire day?” you ask, though you're sure you already know the answer. Patchouli sighs in defeat.

“I don't know what else there is to do,” Patchouli complains.

“Let's see if we can think of something over breakfast,” you say, noting the approaching kitchen. Patchouli grunts a half-hearted approval and the two of you complete your trip in silence, finding the kitchen empty. Both of you stop now, and cast glances at each other.

“So, what are you going to make?” Patchouli asks, looking up at you.

“I was kind of hoping you would have something in mind,” you reply, already starting to realize the two of you might be in a bit of a jam.

“Me? I don't know... I'm not that great at cooking,” Patchouli responds, looking back over the kitchen, “I'm not even sure what we have.”

“How do you usually eat?” you ask, rubbing your head. Patchouli seems hesitant to look at you.

“Uh... well... Koakuma usually handled my meals, if Sakuya didn't make anything,” Patchouli admits. Great, now you've got a problem. The two of you here in the kitchen, with barely any culinary skills, and the only people you could rely on are either elsewhere with no indication of how to find them, or asleep. You'd be fine with making something back in your home realm, but given the unusual foodstuffs you've seen here already, you doubt they'd have anything you'd be familiar with aside from simple meat, and other then that your 'menu' is pretty much empty. You never thought you'd find yourself wishing you served a gluttonous lord, but right now you could have made some good use of the cooking talents and food knowledge such servants tended to have. You make a mental note to put some time into assisting around the kitchen in the future so that this doesn't happen again.

[] Looks like it's steaks and... more steaks for breakfast, then.
[] Your hands are tied, you should let Patchouli try to handle this.
[] Maybe you can go find Sakuya somewhere. Couldn't be too hard.
[] You could always try going back to the library and waking Koakuma...

---

So, with weekend events springing on me, appointments, and even the site going down for two days, it really seems that any time I make any reference to writing in the near future, something happens to interfere with that.

At least I got around to getting back to it today, headache and nausea aren't enough to keep me from writing. So long as I can sit up straight.
>> No. 38934
[X] "There... there have to have been cookbooks in that library, right? I could draw on that. Maybe."
- [X] ... besides, how hard can it be? Between you and Patchouli, you should be able to come up with something if you work together!

Cooking is so fun, cooking is so fun♪

Watch as we make a mess out of the kitchen, and are reduced to making a couple of sandwiches.
>> No. 38935
File 127662760540.jpg - (66.58KB , 750x600 , pic_12047688966944.jpg ) [iqdb]
38935
>>38934

>Watch as we make a mess out of the kitchen, and are reduced to making a couple of sandwiches.
>> No. 38936
File 127662885228.png - (197.50KB , 600x750 , unacceptable.png ) [iqdb]
38936
>>38935

There are worse things that could happen.
>> No. 38938
[X] "There... there have to have been cookbooks in that library, right? I could draw on that. Maybe."
- [X] ... besides, how hard can it be? Between you and Patchouli, you should be able to come up with something if you work together!

Even if this fails Voile can just cook up some bacon and eggs.
>> No. 38939
[x] Ask Patchouli if the library had cookbooks
-[x] If so, try to look it up
-[x] If not, go find Sakuya somewhere. Couldn't be too hard.
>> No. 38940
[Q] "There... there have to have been cookbooks in that library, right? I could draw on that. Maybe."
- [Q] ... besides, how hard can it be? Between you and Patchouli, you should be able to come up with something if you work together!

I was going to say steak, but this sounds much better.
>> No. 38942
File 127663060761.jpg - (91.53KB , 800x800 , patchy_fails_will_save.jpg ) [iqdb]
38942
>>38936

Like using magic to make food, resulting in... unusual results.

>votes

Getting on it, then.
>> No. 38943
[X] "There... there have to have been cookbooks in that library, right? I could draw on that. Maybe."
- [X] ... besides, how hard can it be? Between you and Patchouli, you should be able to come up with something if you work together!
>> No. 38949
[x] "There... there have to have been cookbooks in that library, right? I could draw on that. Maybe."
- [x] ... besides, how hard can it be? Between you and Patchouli, you should be able to come up with something if you work together!

“This might be a bit of a stretch, but you wouldn't have had some kind of... I don't know, cooking manuals in your library, did you?” you ask off-handedly, trying to think of a solution to get through this situation.

“Cooking manuals? You mean, cookbooks?” Patchouli asks, sounding just as confused over your wording as you were to put it like that, “not that I know of. There were a lot of books in the library that weren't magical, story books and such, some from other worlds, but if they didn't have anything to do with magic, I didn't pay much attention to them.”

“Right...” you sigh, trying to refrain from sounding defeated, “you wouldn't happen to remember anything that might be a cookbook? Or where I could find it?” Patchouli shakes her head.

“If anyone would know, it would be Koakuma. She handled mot of the organization after I summoned her, and I admit my own memory of the libraries organization has slipped a bit since, given that I no longer actively maintained the books entirely on my own,” Patchouli replies, “I spent most of my time researching or taking care of the books. Koakuma was the one that sorted and shelved them.” Koakuma again, seems like she'd be able to get you out of this mess right quick if she were around. You find yourself considering going back to wake her up, but quickly dismiss the idea. You're a devil, damn it. Sure, you're now relegated to a non-combat servant position, and need help, but you're still way too proud to go ask help over something as trivial as this.

“Fine then,” you say, cracking your knuckles, “I suppose I'll just have to make this work.” Patchouli gives you a slightly doubtful look as you stride into the kitchen with newfound purpose. You make it a whole five steps before you stop in your tracks, looking around the room. You don't even know what you need, let alone where it's kept. You know the large storage room located off the back of the kitchen, where Cottonsky kept her snack earlier. You could find something in there, no doubt, but given the look of this kitchen, unless they have a spit and a fire pit, you're out of your element. You walk over to one set of cupboards and pull them open. Plates, not needed. You move onto the next, glasses and cups. Nope. You spot some drawers in the counters, and start searching through them next. Various implements of some sort, varieties of tongs and some more tongs, and what is that thing even supposed to be? Some kind of stand? Move onto another drawer, knives and forks. This is looking right. You pick out a fairly decent sized knife, setting it on the counter, just in case you need to cut... whatever you find to cook. You move onto larger drawers, and find pots and pans. There, you could use a frying pan, so you grab one and set it on the counter as well. With what implements you think you'd need gathered, you turn back to see Patchouli watching you with a mix of amusement and curiosity.

“You got something in mind?” she asks.

“Nope, I'm going by what feels right, and I'm feeling that this will be handy,” you admit, puffed up with pride despite having absolutely no history with cooking anything other than whole animals on spits for a unit of devil soldiers.

“Well, you should at least light up the stove,” Patchouli says, gesturing to a large object across the kitchen. You hadn't really recognized it as such, given that it looks much different than any stove you've seen. Then again, you do remember Sakuya milling around over on this side of the room when you came to eat, but at those times you had your attention elsewhere. You head over to check out the stove, despite appearances, it's another wood burning one, just much, much wider. Now, all you need is something to cook. Your eyes wander to the door leading to the storage room, and then over to Patchouli. You wave her to you.

“Come on, let's both go find something. You'd be more familiar with this stuff than I am, I'm sure,” you say, and Patchouli makes her way over to the door as you open it, allowing her in. Once inside, the both of you wander around a bit, lost all over again, until Patchouli spots something.

“Ah, this would be good,” she says, picking up a large wad of meat partially wrapped in what looked like paper, “bacon.”

“It looks too big for the pan,” you say, wondering how much of it you would have to cut down.

“Well of course, this is a lot of bacon, we only need a few slices off of it,” Patchouli says plainly. You continue looking around, and this time you spot something you know.

“Ah, bread,” you call out, reaching to pick up a half a loaf sitting among other whole loaves. You don't even know if it could have any use beyond simply eating it straight, but no doubt you could combine bacon and bread for some kind of sandwich. In the meantime, Patchouli seems to have been inspired, and is gathering up other items into a basket. You take a glance, and see that alongside the bacon, she seems to be gathering eggs, as well as another large piece of meat. “What have you got there?” you ask.

“Eggs and ham,” Patchouli says, stepping back with the basket, “I think these should be easy enough for us to cook. Even I can make eggs, and ham... I don't think it needs to be cooked in the first place, actually.”

“Convenient,” you say, looking down at the bread in your hand. What a help you've been. You wave the loaf nonchalantly, “I got bread.” The two of you leave the storage afterwards, after you've taken the basket from Patchouli, and carry it all out to the kitchen, setting it out on the counter.

“Still need to light up the stove,” Patchouli reminds you, and you abandon the ingredients to tend to the stove. There's a small stash of wood kept underneath the thing, and you grab a few pieces and toss it into the open stove. Once you've got what looks like enough wood, you stick your hand in, place it on one of the pieces on the bottom, and a short moment later, a burning handprint ignites on the surface of the wood, and you withdraw your hand just as Patchouli walks over. “Oh, you didn't need matches?” she asks, sounding a bit confused.

“Matches?” you ask, turning to look at her, and noticing the box in her hand, the same things the fairies were using earlier to light candles. “Oh, no, I can create small fires on a whim, a handy thing when you need light fast, and useful for fighting.”

“Do you have some kind of control over fire?” Patchouli asks, her confusion giving way for curiosity. You shake your head.

“Not that I know of. I know a few small magical tricks, useful things for downtime when I had to solve problems without open violence, since it would start another battle,” you state.

“So you do know magic other than the Sigil system?” Patchouli proceeds to ask. It suddenly occurs to you that it might be a bad thing to be using some kind of magic that doesn't fall within the rules you've learned so far.

“Is that a problem?” you ask. Patchouli shakes her head.

“Oh no, I'm just surprised. I didn't think you had any prior magical talent,” Patchouli comments, “but now I'm curious as to what system you use.”

“System?” you ask, but you realize she probably means some specific form of magic, like the Sigils. “I don't even know, really. They're little things that a lot of devils learn for their utility. Creating fire, suggestions, telekinesis, mind affecting. Depending on what that particular devil does with their life depends on what and how much they know.” Patchouli seems rather attentive to your explanation, taking it all in.

“Interesting, interesting,” she says, nodding slightly. She starts patting down her robes, searching for something, but gives up quickly. “Shoot, I don't have any paper or anything on me. I actually just realized I should probably take notes for my own benefit.”

“Notes on what?” you ask, looking back to the stove, noting that the fire is catching to other wood now, and close the hatch. “Devils?”

“Your magic, more specifically,” Patchouli answers, “when I first summoned Koakuma, it was obvious quickly afterwards that she was a regular magic user, but she didn't use any identifiable system I'm familiar with.” After a moment, Patchouli places a hand on her stomach. “Though, I think that can wait until after breakfast.”

“Yeah,” you follow, walking back to the counter and looking over everything. Patchouli opens one of the drawers you went through earlier and takes out some flat implement, looks like some kind of small shovel-like object. You turn your attention to the meats, the easiest things. You take up the knife, and start wondering just how much you should be cutting. You take to the bacon first, slipping the knife through the meat easily. Patchouli notices, and speaks up.

“Ah, you're going to want to cut it thinner then that,” she says, looking at the hunk you've sliced off, almost as wide as your hand, “actually, you should slice that chunk down a bit.” You look back at the meat in your hand, and then take another slide at it, this time shaving off a slice about half the width of a finger.

“Like this?” you ask, holding it up. Patchouli looks a little worried.

“It's usually smaller then that, can you cut it any thinner?” she asks, and you shake your head.

“This is pretty much all I can manage,” you say. Patchouli shrugs too, and you place the slice aside, and cut more slices from the hunk of meat. Afterwards, you move onto the ham, and start to try to cut off a thin slice of that too, despite it's size, when Patchouli stops you.

“This can be cut a bit thicker,” she says, watching you. You move the knife out to about a fingers width, and Patchouli makes an agreeable sound, and you slice into it. The result is a little uneven, getting wider in the middle, and tapering off to a thin edge when you reach the other side. This doesn't seemt o be a problem though, and you go to cut a second slice in the same way. The second one is thinner in the middle, and thick at both ends. Clearly, there is some kind of trick to cutting an even slice of this ham. With the size of the individual slices though, it seems that only two would be needed. Patchouli's gathered up a second frying pan as well, and has cracked the eggs into it, carrying them over to the stove as you move the bacon. It's smaller and thinner slices than the ham, you figure they'll cook quickly. You set your respective pans down on the hot surface at the same time and step back.

“How long will these take to cook?” you ask.

“I don't know...” Patchouli responds, looking over at you. Now both of you are a little worried. Granted you'll probably know when they're burning, but by that point it would probably be a little too late. All you can do is stand by and wait. Patchouli busies herself rewrapping the bacon and ham, then carries them back to the storage room. She comes back, and once again is left with nothing to do.

“So, when do we know these are ready?” you ask.

“Well, when it's done, bacon is brown and a little crunchy and chewy. Eggs get a little spongy, but the yolk is still liquid,” Patchouli says, “I don't know how long that takes though, I think less than ten minutes.” Silence falls again, and you note the rising sound of the bacon in the pan, as a grease begins to form and spit.

“This doesn't seem too hard,” you say, looking over at Patchouli, “seems pretty simple after all.”

“I haven't cooked for myself in... ever, I think,” Patchouli says, looking a little embarrassed, “if I did, I don't remember. I just remember someone calling me to breakfast, and there'd always be something ready. It was random maids before Sakuya, and after Sakuya, it was the woman herself. Once I summoned Koakuma, she started bringing me breakfast, so I wouldn't have to leave the library, and I could make efficient use of the time I spent eating.” Patchouli pauses for a moment, then chuckles a bit, “though, I did tend to make a bit more of a mess of my notes and books when I ate.”

“At least you had exposure to all this,” you say, “I mean, I know about these things, various things that humans and, well, I guess youkai too, eat. General knowledge things though, since my diet mostly consisted of spit-roasted beasts, whatever we caught. Every so often, when my unit was on capture duty to take down a ruler that opposed my Warlord, we'd find our opponent was some fat Glutton, and it was hardly much of a fight. An entire staff of devils trained to wield knives can't hope to stand against an army of devils trained to wield swords, especially when their training consisted of cutting meat of already dead creatures.” You pause for a moment, realizing you're reminiscing already about a life you may not return to for you don't know how many years. “I always thought such things were pointless, putting so much attention on food. It frustrated me and the men to attack such a place. The cooks would usually just surrender, and we were usually under orders to not slaughter prisoners. We wouldn't get anything more than a few prideful cooks trying to take us on with decorative and weak weapons. What armed guards there were hardly put up a satisfying fight. It made everyone agitated to have to leave without a good fight, but it always made the next real fight that much more violent.”

“Your realm sounds like quite a troubled place,” Patchouli says after a few moments of silence, “all this warring and violence, I couldn't imagine living in such a place.”

“I wouldn't say it's that bad,” you lie, “it's part of our nature, to lie and fight and tempt others all for personal gain.” You cast a glance at Patchouli. “Of course, once under contract, we have no choice but to oblige, treat our contractor as if they were our most respected Lord and Master.”

“Out of pride, right?” Patchouli asks. You nod.

“Right, because among devils, we all value reputation as much as we value strength, or wealth. We could never dream of doing something that would damage our reputation, like break a contract, or outwardly defy standing laws. Finding ways to circumvent them, however,” you pause, deciding afterwards to leave it at that.

“I do hope you're not planning on trying to find a loophole in your contract,” Patchouli quips, with a slight smirk.

“Of course not,” you hastily respond, “contracts are absolute. Laws, they're more like guidelines.” Patchouli smirks wider, and looks back at the pans. She steps up with the flat thing and prods at the eggs, then looks over at the bacon.

“I think these are close to done,” Patchouli says. You prod at the bacon yourself, using the knife, flipping it over in the pan. The other side is a nice brown, and you start to understand how it should look when it's cooked. A few more minutes of near quiet, with the hissing of the bacon making the most noise. Patchouli gets some plates, and then scrapes the eggs onto them carefully. You do the same with the bacon, shaking what excess grease is on them off as best as you can, dividing it between the two plates. Even though it hasn't been cooked, both of you take a slice of ham as well, and Patchouli leads you to the table, where you join with the half of bread. Patchouli wastes no time in getting to her food, and you join not too long after. Not too bad.

“How is it?” you ask, hoping to get a bit of insight into exactly what kind of quality the resulting meal is.

“Bacon is a little overcooked and greasy, the eggs are fine, I think. Ham is cold, but it's alright,” she says between bites. “I am thankful that you made an effort to cook, even though neither of us really knew what to do.”

“It's the least I could do,” you say with a grin.

“Of course, I expect you to learn your way around the kitchen in earnest, so that I don't have to rely on Koakuma entirely for future meals,” Patchouli remarks, and you chuckle a bit. You can't really argue, though, if it's what Patchouli wants out of you. If your only duties to fulfill for her are the occasional magical nap and cooking, you're not going to complain. The two of you continue eating in silence, with Patchouli finishing her breakfast first. Afterwards, you take care of the clean up, placing the dishes in the sinks you remember seeing from the day before.

“That was an experience,” you say, returning to the table as Patchouli gets up.

“Indeed,” she replies, brushing aside some stray hair, “now all I have left to do is figure out what to do with the next 15 hours of my day,” she complains. You don't really know what you have to do until everyone else starts to wake up either, since you were hoping to get some direction from Sakuya or something.

[] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[] (Optional specific goals)
[] Find something to do on your own.

---

I started writing this update under the impression it would be fairly short.
>> No. 38953
[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
If it's impossible, let's go to rape a sleeping Koa!
[x] Find something to do on your own (Rape KOA!!)
>> No. 38954
[X] Find something to do on your own (Rape Koa!)
>> No. 38955
[X] Find something to do on your own (Rape Koakuma!)

WHOO
>> No. 38956
[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[x] Perhaps go about helping her make notes on Devils and the magic that the race uses.

She wanted to take notes, so why not help her.
>> No. 38957
File 127664418721.jpg - (177.02KB , 591x800 , Kuroshitsuji.jpg ) [iqdb]
38957
[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
Then, later:
[x] Find something to do on your own. (If Koa's awake, question her as to the specifics of cooking for Patchy)

We will become... one hell of a butler.
Except with real women, rather than traps
>> No. 38958
[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
>>38957
Why would you want that.
>> No. 38961
>>38953
>>38954
>>38955

>Rape Koakuma

I'd like you three to stop and think about who you're talking about here, and think about why you are very, very silly.
>> No. 38962
>>38961

It is also a profoundly disturbing thought. Fuck year consent.

[Q] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
>> No. 38963
[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.

>Votes for raping Koa.

What the hell is wrong with you people?!
>> No. 38964
[X] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[X] Why not step out and get some fresh air?

Hacking fit in 10, 9, 8...
>> No. 38965
Am I the only guy who wants to help her make notes on what they talked about earlier (Devils and the magic they use)?

>Votes for raping Koa.

It was suck dickheaded thinking that helped cause the fairy maid incident.
>> No. 38967
[X] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[X] Why not step out and get some fresh air?

Can always talk about devils and stuff while we're walking.
>> No. 38968
>>38967
Didn't you guys shoot that a couple choices back?
>> No. 38970
[X] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[X] Why not step out and get some fresh air?
>> No. 38971
>>38968
Ahh, good point. then n/m about my secondary goal.
>> No. 38974
[X] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[X] Why not step out and get some fresh air?

>>38963
>What the hell is wrong with you people?!
They've forgotten that Koa will always be on top.
>> No. 38979
>>38953
>>38954
>>38955

THP I AM DISAPPOINT
>> No. 38981
Not so much a familiar as a life coach.

[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[x] Training montage.
-[x] Why not step out and get some fresh air?
>> No. 38986
[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[x] Why not step out and get some fresh air?

>>38964
Patchy does just fine outside. It's nothing new. Read the 3 Fairies manga.

>>38965
You're talking about HY's story, right?

Because if so, then that is the most amusingly accurate typo ever.
>> No. 38987
>>38986
That was a typo, though I'm disapointed in how folks are more bent on dragging Patchouli outside without giving her any notes.

>>38971
I meant you guys shot down that idea, saying it was too tiring for her to ask questions while walking yet now you're saying otherwise.
>> No. 38991
[X] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[X] Why not step out and get some fresh air?
>> No. 38993
File 127668590028.jpg - (144.41KB , 600x800 , sample-b341894b9c1e336748f3187aada13ef1.jpg ) [iqdb]
38993
>>38953
>>38954
>>38955
You monster.
How can you even sleep at night. There will only be sweet love making without rape in this story.
>> No. 38998
>>38953
I change my vote.
[x] Find something to do on your own.
(ask Koa to teach you some cookings).

Obviously, raping a Temptress isn't a good idea, If I think about it twice.
>> No. 39001
[x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[x] Perhaps go about helping her make notes on Devils and the magic that the race uses. Take the opportunity to learn about the differences in magic system.

She's already expressed her distaste for using time inefficiently, so why not do something productive and take her mind off the lack of things to do? And while we're at it we may as well further our own learning/improve our innate magic.

Of course, a Patchy and Meiling scene is good too...
>> No. 39003
[X] Find something to do on your own (Be rapep by Koakuma!)

Fixed.
>> No. 39004
>>39003
Good idea. But I don't think it'll be this kind of story (too bad!).
>> No. 39023
x] Spend some more time with Patchouli for now.
-[x] Why not step out and get some fresh air?

You rationalize that you should stay by Patchouli's side, being her servant and all. You don't have anything else to do either, and the rest of the mansion seems to still be asleep. As well, you have Patchouli's health in mind, along with Remilia's admission that she'd like to see her friend's health improve a little. Might as well act towards that goal as well.

“How about we go outside for a little while?” you ask. Patchouli seems to mull it over in her head.

“Sure, I guess,” she says, not sounding to keen on the idea. You let her take the lead, and then follow beside her as you leave the kitchen. You walk in silence for a while, not really sure on your end what you could bring up to talk about. Patchouli seems to have an idea though. “Could you tell me a little more about your magic?” she asks, looking aside at you.

“What about it, in particular?” you respond, not knowing where to begin.

“We'll start with your fire, and then you can explain anything else you know, and how you use it,” she answers.

“The fire is fairly simple,” you start, holding up your hand. In a second, it lights on fire, the flames spreading across your entire hand. You don't feel a thing, not even the heat. “It's just a simple effect, for starting fires where I need them. I just will the flames to come, and they appear.”

“No incantation?” Patchouli asks. You shake your head, and your hand, dousing the flames.

“No, just as simple as turning it on or off,” you say. Patchouli nods for a second.

“Alright, what other tricks are there?” she continues her questions.

“Well, there was a sleep spell I used on you when I arrived to stop your tantruming,” you say with a bit of a grin. Patchouli grimaces a bit, then grins as well.

“I'd forgotten about that,” she says, “that had an incantation, didn't it?”

“Yeah,” you reply, “it's a straight forward spell, pick a target, put them to sleep. I usually used it on the odd occasion I had to infiltrate a location to help my men in their attack, so we could avoid having to mount a siege. Plus, it's easier to kill a sleeping person than it is in straight forward combat.” Patchouli is silent, but she doesn't seem bothered by what you're saying. After a while, you get the idea she just wants you to continue explaining whatever you can do. “So, then there's Suggestion, a kind of limited mind control.”

“Mind control?” Patchouli repeats, sounding a little surprised.

“It's hardly that great though. It's more like a mind trick than outright domination. It's useful for small things, like...” you trail off, having been hit by an amusing idea, “say, isn't your hat kind of crooked?” you ask. Patchouli looks a little confused, then reaches up to her head and starts toying with her hat, which was, in fact, perfectly squared on her head otherwise. After a few seconds of fussing, she stops, and move her hands away. You can tell she's trying not to smile through the faked scowl and blush on her cheeks.

“No toying with your master like that!” she complains, losing her composure at the end and letting her smile slip through. You chuckle a bit.

“I thought a demonstration would be the best way for you to understand the effect,” you state, “plus, it was kind of funny.”

“No incantation for that either?” she asks.

“Ah, this is a bit different. There is an incantation of a sort, that would be the suggestion itself, whatever causes the target to take action. The magical effect is again at will,” you explain.

“It doesn't seem like it has a very long effect,” Patchouli comments. You shrug.

“It's effect depends on the target, and the task given. If I told you to go look for a book, you'd probably return some time later with one, and never realize that you'd been made to do it,” you say.

“Because it would overlap with something I would do anyway,” Patchouli replies, apparently understanding how it works.

“Right. Making suggestions for actions the target would do, or vary a slight bit from what they do, can carry through without a hitch. If they ever have to stop to think about what they're doing, it breaks the effect,” you continue your explanation, to a nodding Patchouli.

“Another thing I forgot to ask,” she says, “you don't have to prepare the spells beforehand?”

“Prepare? No, I just use them whenever I want,” you say.

“Interesting, I wonder if it would be because devils have an innate magic to them?” Patchouli says, sounding more like she's commenting to herself than asking you anything. As it were, the two of you arrive at the doors to the outside, and you open them for the short girl. It's still mostly dark, but you can tell from a glow in the sky to the east that it's close to sunrise. You close the door behind the two of you, and join Patchouli as she stands on the cobbled walkway, staring off into the sky.

“So, is that all you wanted to know?” you ask.

“Is that all the magical tricks you have? You said something about telekinesis and mind affecting magic earlier,” Patchouli says.

“Ah, well, those are things I know of, but I can't do myself,” you say, “I was just listing a few examples of what I know about, not what I know personally.”

“Oh? Shame,” Patchouli remarks. The two of you stand around, for a few seconds, and Patchouli sighs. “I think Marisa would be awake by now,” Patchouli says absently, “I think I'll go pay her a visit, see if I can't get back any of my books she might be done with.” Another moment of silence, and Patchouli turns to you. “You haven't left the grounds since you've arrived, have you?” Patchouli asks. You shake your head.

“No, only a day is hardly enough for me to get familiar with this place alone, to say nothing about the rest of this world outside the gates,” you say.

“So, do you want to come with me?” she asks.

[] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.
[] You'd rather stay behind. You have a service to the household to fulfill as well.
>> No. 39025
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

Let's see how Marisa will react if she see a male demon with HER Patchouli.
Oh, and those little mind tricks can be useful.
>> No. 39026
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.
>> No. 39027
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

Follow your master.
>> No. 39028
[Q] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

We are not some lazy freeloader. We have a clear priority- I.E. whatever Patchouli says comes first, absolutely.
>> No. 39029
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

She needs some muscle and there's no one else to give orders at the moment.
>> No. 39037
[&] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

Works for me~!
>> No. 39038
>>39025
Mehehe...
>> No. 39040
File 127673909037.jpg - (237.87KB , 773x800 , 441ece4894e0505c4b45e60afa5df05b.jpg ) [iqdb]
39040
I am proud of you THP
>> No. 39041
>>39040

Who said anything about a route? Or even sex?

We've got koakuma and cottonsky for that.
>> No. 39043
>>39040
Oh we're going for all of them, just no rape. For a pure Patchouli route, look at the eldest scarlet story.
>> No. 39045
File 127674077869.jpg - (888.42KB , 1067x1500 , Ukiyoekan - 09.jpg ) [iqdb]
39045
>>39025
>> No. 39046
>>39045

God dammit I hate that one. Seriously.
>> No. 39049
[] You'd rather stay behind. You have a service to the household to fulfill as well.

We are not some lazy freeloader.
>> No. 39050
>>39045
Nope, that's not even Voile's style. No charm spells, just pure skill.
>> No. 39051
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.
>> No. 39052
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

Patchouli wants to parade her new familiar around. Oblige her.
>> No. 39056
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

Very very yes.
>> No. 39141
>>39045
Source?
>> No. 39150
>>39141
>Ukiyoekan - 09.jpg
Specifically, the Patchouli one.
>> No. 39160
>>39141

>>/at/1618
>> No. 39179
[x] Sure, why not? It gives you an excuse to get out and take a little look around.

“I would like to see a bit of the world outside this mansion,” you say, looking back over the pre-dawn horizon, “and I figure that going along with someone that lives here would be better than going out on my own.”

“Then let's get going,” Patchouli says, floating up into the air. You lift off with a strong flap from your wings, and follow after your master high into the air, though you have to offset yourself from her slightly, due to needing room for your wings. You quickly pass over the lake you could see from the front of the property the other day, a small body of water connected to a river that seems to run down from a distant mountain. “We're going to be visiting Marisa first,” Patchouli says, drifting a little closer to you as you fix your wings into a glide position, “she's an acquaintance of mine, you may have heard of her already.”

“The witch, right?” you ask, only barely remembering what you've heard.

“Right. She's 'borrowed' a number of my books already, and she doesn't know about you or the library yet,” Patchouli continues, “which is why we're not going to tell her that you have all the books in your head, you're just a new familiar.”

“Oh? Wouldn't that be a problem though?” you ask. “After all, she'll find out on her own if she comes back. Besides, we'd need to come up with a new name for me to go by.” Patchouli is silent for a few seconds.

“We'll come up with something else later,” Patchouli says dismissively, clearly starting to feel annoyed that there were such holes in her plan. You're pretty sure you know why she's doing this too.

“You know, if you're worried I might help Marisa, you have nothing to worry about,” you say, causing Patchouli to look up at you, “I mean, that has to be it, right? Wanting to keep the state of the library a secret, not telling her the truth about me? You originally sealed the library to keep them from her in the first place.” Again, Patchouli is silent.

“That's precisely it,” she answers, “though I can see that I was just being paranoid. I suppose it would serve me a little better to be more honest with you.”

“Well, you're not a very good liar, so it doesn't really matter if you're not honest,” you reply with a smirk. Patchouli returns a small, sarcastic smile herself. You notice that you've since flown past the edge of the light forest that filled the space between the mansion and elsewhere, with the house being a red object in the distance. Beneath you are open plains, spotted with fields that look like farms. You can also notice a rather sizable village not to far away. “A village?” you ask.

“Humans,” Patchouli answers, “this is where the majority of normal humans live here in Gensokyo, though there are a few youkai that take up residence there too.”

“Didn't you say there was trouble with humans and youkai?” you wonder.

“Youkai are supposed to attack and eat humans, and humans are supposed to fight and exterminate youkai,” Patchouli replies, “though in recent times, they seem more content to swindle each other in financial matters and interbreed.”

“I think that would just complicate things more,” you state, and catch a slight chuckle from Patchouli.

“Yes, it would,” she says, “the village is a pretty good place, all things said though. No doubt you'd end up coming out here on occasion if you handle household errands.” You have nothing to say in response, content to simply let it end there. You don't really have any particular questions about the village, and you simply let it pass on. You rapidly approach the edge of another, denser forest, and you note that the trees look much different here. Not simply a case of being a different kind of tree either, you can sense some kind of magic even several dozen feet above the tree tops.

“This forest has something going on,” you say.

“You can sense the magic, I assume,” Patchouli replies, “this is uncreatively called the Forest of Magic, on account of the strong magical energies present. This is where Marisa and a few other reclusive types live. In fact, I'd probably live out here too, if I didn't have a place with Remilia.”

“Simply because of the magical energies?” you ask out of curiosity.

“I like trees,” Patchouli replies, “plus, there are a number of plants that grow here, infused with magic naturally. A few people of the village make tea blends from flora gathered here that is absolutely wonderful.” Once again, you don't have anything in particular to say, but it becomes a moot point, as Patchouli begins to dip towards the tree tops. “Marisa lives down here, follow me,” she says, and you dive in response. Patchouli flies down through a small gap in the trees, and you notice a house as you follow, located at the edge of a small clearing. Patchouli lands, and you follow suit as she heads towards the door.

“Hey, do I still need a cover name?” you ask, and Patchouli freezes, looking back at you.

“Hmm, perhaps. She would be suspicious if I introduced you as Voile,” Patchouli says.

“So you're still going to hide the library business from her,” you remark with a grin and a shrug.

“I'm hoping we can dissuade her from returning so it won't be an issue,” Patchouli says, folding her arms, “now then... a name...”

[] Let Patchouli come up with something.
[] Suggest something yourself [Write In]
>> No. 39186
[] Suggest something yourself [Balthazar]
The magi who brought myrrh in the Bible.

EDIT: Because myrrh represent suffering, and Pachouli is suffering to be separated from her books.
>> No. 39187
[x] Let Patchouli come up with something.

Not too worried about something temporary.
>> No. 39189
[Q] Let Patchouli come up with something.

I'm half expecting "Koakuma II" or something to that respect.
>> No. 39192
[x] Let Patchouli come up with something.
>> No. 39193
File 127696758875.jpg - (18.54KB , 240x315 , Jorge Luis Borges.jpg ) [iqdb]
39193
[x] Suggest something yourself [Babel]
I like names with meanings and this one is completely impossible for Marisa to know about so...
>> No. 39197
{Suggest something yourself(Babel)}
>> No. 39199
[x] Suggest something yourself [Balthazar]
>> No. 39201
[x] Suggest something yourself [Balthazar]
>> No. 39202
[X] Suggest something yourself [Balthazar]
>> No. 39203
[x] Let Patchouli come up with something.
>> No. 39204
[x] Suggest something yourself [Balthazar]
>> No. 39207
Calling it, writing in a bit.
>> No. 39208
>>39207

hooray!
>> No. 39209
[x] Suggest something yourself [Balthazar]
>> No. 39222
[x] Suggest something yourself [Balthazar]

“Could always go with Balthazar,” you interject. Patchouli seems to think about it a bit.

“It's a better name than what I had in mind,” Patchouli admits, “though I have to wonder why you'd pick it.”

“It's got a bit of a meaning, actually,” you state with pride, though you lose a bit of air afterwards, “well I know the general implication, but I don't really remember the reasoning behind it. Something to do with a religion from another realm, three Magi or something delivering gifts to a child god, and Balthazar brought something that represented suffering.”

“Because of the suffering you brought to your enemies?” Patchouli asks, attempting to finish the thought logically. Well... maybe that too, but no.

“I was thinking more like your suffering, being without your books,” you say, and Patchouli blushes a little.

“I see, indeed, that is a meaningful name then,” she says, turning back to Marisa door, keeping her eyes on you over her shoulder, “you ready, 'Balthazar'?”

“Sure thing,” you reply, and Patchouli moves towards the door. She moves to knock, and before she can bring her hand down on the door, it swings open. A sleepy and confused looking blonde woman stands within, looking between you and Patchouli.

“Ah, Marisa, convenient,” Patchouli says, suddenly sounding a little tense, “I was hoping to speak with you.”

“What kind of game are you playing in front of my house so early in the morning?” Marisa asks, scratching her stomach, eyes focusing on you, “who is this you brought with you?”

“Oh, him? He's my new familiar, V- Balthazar,” Patchouli stumbles, but catches herself. Marisa's attention jumps back to her.

“You mean like the Three Wise Men?” Marisa asks another question, looking back at you, then shrugging, “anyway, what were you doing here again?”

“I've come to get my books back!” Patchouli declares, though not without a hint of nervousness in her voice. Marisa looks indifferent.

“Huh, well, alright I guess,” the sleepy witch replies, “there's a few I haven't used in a while that I dug up by accident. I was actually going to bring them back yesterday, but I got distracted, and then I got drunk, and then I crashed in the river. I think, I remember I was wet getting home...” Marisa rambles on a bit, then turns back to the house, disappearing inside. Patchouli looks back at you with a mixture of surprise and confusion. A few seconds later, Marisa returns carrying a cloth bundle and hands it off to Patchouli.

“Thank you,” Patchouli says, losing the tension and nervousness to her voice, and sounding sincerely thankful.

“Yep, yep, doing my good deed for the day,” Marisa says, smiling a bit, then taking on a sick look, “ugh, doesn't make me feel any better though.”

“You should get some rest,” Patchouli says, sounding a little concerned, “I could come back later with something if you'd like.”

“No, I got something here somewhere, I just dragged myself out of bed because I heard some noise out here,” Marisa says, then steps back out of the door, “I think I'll get back to bed though.”

“Alright, take care,” Patchouli says, bowing slightly as Marisa closes the door. Patchouli turns with a sigh, and clutches the bundle to her chest with a smile. “That went a lot better than I'd thought!” Patchouli says happily, unwrapping the bundle slightly to see what she got back. She shuffles the books around to see the covers, smiling the whole while. “I haven't seen these books in so long, I almost wonder if they're really even mine,” she says, almost as if in wonder, until she comes to the second last one, “ah, I didn't even get to read this one before she stole it!” Patchouli flips to the last book, and all her cheer immediately vanishes into confusion.

“What's up?” you ask, a little confused yourself as Patchouli moves the rear book to the front and flips it open, flicking through the pages. You walk over to her side and take a look for yourself. Page after page of notes, followed by some diagrams and sketches. You can't really make sense of it, but from the look in Patchouli's eyes, it seems she does.

“This isn't one of mine,” Patchouli says, thumbing through a few pages, then flipping back to the cover, “the 'Grimoire of Marisa'? This is a book she wrote herself...” she trails off, then after a second, a short giggle rises to her lips, then a laugh. “I actually have one of Marisa's books! One of her very own, original works! For once, I'm taking something from her!” She seems almost crazy with excitement over the prospect. You can't really say you understand the sentiment, but you can't say you don't know where it's coming from either.

“The tables have turned, now,” you say with a grin of your own, “you think she'll notice?”

“Oh, I so hope she does notice,” Patchouli muses, running a hand across the cover of the book, then hastily rewrapping the bundle, “I hope she notices and comes looking for it, it will just be too sweet.” Patchouli giggles a little more, and walks further from the house, lifting back into the air. You follow a bit, then realize something.

“You know, you forgot to dissuade her from coming back to the library sometime,” you say, having realized that Patchouli forgot part of her own plan. Patchouli looks back with a surprised expression, then let's it slide.

“I suppose I'll think up some excuse later,” she says, “I don't think she'll be going anywhere today.”

“You could just tell her that you sealed the library within your mind,” you say, “at least it would be partially true.”

“Yes, yes,” Patchouli says, considering the idea, “but then, why would I need another servant if there was nothing for them to do?”

“When was the last time Marisa came by?” you ask.

“Just barely a week ago,” Patchouli answers, “in fact, it was her last break in that aggravated me to the point where I decided to seal the library in the first place, and spent every day since preparing to seal what I knew.”

“Just what you knew?” you ask

“Yes, so that I could research the books I had yet to learn without needing several references texts on hand. I could just call them all up in my mind,” Patchouli says, smiling wide, “Marisa wouldn't have been able to make much use of what would have been left. My magical understanding is more advanced then hers, she only makes such progress because she has my notes to help guide her most of the time.”

“You know, you speak fairly poorly of Marisa,” you say, flying a little closer to Patchouli, “but back there at her door, you sounded a little intimidated.” Patchouli blushes again and doesn't answer. She doesn't say anything for a while, actually. You've already passed the village and still flying in silence. You think you made her angry.

[] Apologize, you might have misunderstood what you were seeing.
[] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.

---

Okay, that was probably a little more than 'a bit', but I still got an update out.

Also, >>39208 , you know, I just gotta say...

I fucking love you, man, if you're the same guy that posts every Hooray I see around. Even if you're not, still thank you. I know that it gets said every now and then, but seriously, seeing something like this totally gets me in the mood to write. It reminds me that there are, in fact, people out there looking forward to the next part of the weird little tales I write on the internet. Anonymous strangers in reality, but dear readers none the less. I think this is what most, if not all, the writers feel when they see affirmation of their time and efforts, to see people waiting eagerly and enjoying my work, it makes it worthwhile.

So to you, and to all the people that voice their enjoyment of my work, thank you so much. It's because of the people I see enjoying themselves that I try to improve my writing, and I make efforts to try to make my stories interesting.
>> No. 39226
[X] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
- [X] Offer to carry the rest of the books so Patchouli can get started on reading Marisa's.

Not gonna apologize for a simple offhand comment, but we may as well expedite the return of her good mood. Besides, it's probably about time we left Patchouli to her own devices anyway.
>> No. 39227
[x] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
>> No. 39229
[X] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
- [X] Offer to carry the rest of the books so Patchouli can get started on reading Marisa's.

I have a feeling Voile's remark was slight compared to what others might have said.
>> No. 39234
[X] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
- [X] Offer to carry the rest of the books so Patchouli can get started on reading Marisa's.


Because apologize for something so trivial seems Out Of Character for me.
You're a soldier, a sergeant, a full metal jacket's instructor! You've borned to KILL!
Don't act like a lover, saying things you'll regret later!
>> No. 39235
[x] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
- [x] Offer to carry the rest of the books so Patchouli can get started on reading Marisa's.

I love you Mode, never stop writing.
>> No. 39237
[X] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
- [x] Offer to carry the rest of the books so Patchouli can get started on reading Marisa's.

What are the chances that once Patchouli does read a particular book it will suddenly become part of Voile..?
>> No. 39239
>>39234
But we are trying to be a lover. Though I think this might hopefully open Patchouli up to the matter and a way for Voile to help her out with Marisa. After all, a thieving witch is fine too.
>> No. 39260
[X] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
- [x] Offer to carry the rest of the books so Patchouli can get started on reading Marisa's.
>> No. 39262
[x] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
I don't like the write in. It seems as if we were dismissing her.
I, for one, am enjoying her company.
>> No. 39263
[x] You did nothing wrong, just spoke your mind. Not your problem.
- [x] Offer to carry the rest of the books so Patchouli can get started on reading Marisa's.

Well, you're not going to apologize, if that's the case. You said your mind, and if she doesn't like it, that's too bad. You figure that Patchouli will probably find some way to get back at you in any case, but you'll worry about it when it happens.

“You know, if you want me to carry the books, I can. You could start reading that now,” you say. Patchouli looks over at you, then sighs. She slows down, and starts trying to unwrap the bundle of books. She wiggles Marisa's book free, and then closes the distance between the two of you to hand over the bundle, which you take. Patchouli starts flying again, though slower than she had been going as she starts looking through the book. It takes a bit longer to reach the mansion again, and you actually had to call Patchouli's attention to it when she seemed to show no signs of realizing you'd arrived, after becoming engrossed in the book. In the time your little trip took, the sun had started to rise over the mountains in the horizon. Even at this time of morning, Meiling is already standing at the gates, and she waves to the two of you when you descend from the sky towards the house.

“Hello Patchouli, Voile,” Meiling greets the two of you. Patchouli simply buzzes over the gate in silence, but you stop towards the top of the wall.

“You start your watch pretty early, huh?” you ask Meiling, and she smiles proudly.

“I'd be standing out here overnight if I could,” she says, “but I need to eat, bathe and sleep like everyone else.” Meiling looks over the bundle you're carrying, “so, where did you and Patchy go?”

“Marisa's,” you say, and Meiling's eyes widen.

“Did you two go and steal some of her books for once?” Meiling asks excitedly.

“Well, we didn't break in, no, but she did seem to give us one of her own books by accident, so we left with it,” you say, looking down at the books in your arms, “that and some old books of Patchouli's as well.”

“Oh, she's got to be happy with that,” Meiling says, then pauses for a second, “so, what are you going to be doing today? It's your second day with us.”

“I don't know yet,” you say, looking back towards the house, “I was kind of hoping to talk to Sakuya or someone, see if she had anything for me to do. Maybe try out some things I haven't done yet so I can get an idea of what kind of work there needs to be done regularly.”

“I see, then you should try checking around the kitchen, Sakuya should be working on breakfast for the fairies around now,” Meiling says, gesturing towards the house in the general direction of where the kitchen would be inside, “and if you want to put in another shift at the gate, I would be glad to accept your assistance,” she adds with a smile.

“I'll keep that in mind,” you say with a small nod, and you notice that Patchouli's already reached the doors and is heading inside, “I'll probably see you later.” You follow after Patchouli, entering the house after she's already gone inside, and catching up to her. She's walking back towards the library, thumbing through the book all the while, walking in silence. You reach the library, and then see her to a table within, where she takes a seat. You put the rest of the books next to her on the table there, and step back. You sort of expect her to have something to say now, but after a few seconds of more silence, you reason she doesn't have anything to say. You might as well take your leave now, though you don't quite know where you should head next.

[] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
[] You don't need to be told what to do, you can fill roles on your own.
[] Find someone else in particular to assist. [Write In]
>> No. 39264
{Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.}
>> No. 39265
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.

Time to work with Sakuya~
>> No. 39266
[X] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.

The second option would be more suitable if Voile knew exactly what needs to be done at all periods of time during the day.
>> No. 39267
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
>> No. 39268
[X] Find someone else in particular to assist.
-[X] Oh, Cottonsky~

Gentlemen, I love this fairy.

Plus, she was nice enough to keep us company, and share some information with us last night.
>> No. 39269
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
>> No. 39270
>>39268
I know but we have yet to get to know Sakuya, Remi, and Flan better.
>> No. 39272
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
>> No. 39280
[] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.

Let's flirt once again with the perfect and elegant maid.
>> No. 39284
[X] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
>> No. 39286
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.

>>39222

>So to you, and to all the people that voice their enjoyment of my work, thank you so much. It's because of the people I see enjoying themselves that I try to improve my writing, and I make efforts to try to make my stories interesting.

Nah, we sit here and vote after thinking about it for a minute or two. Maybe longer if the vote is extremely important. Instead we should be thanking you for writing this story. Everyone can be a reader, but not everyone can be a writer. Thanks.

Unfortunately there are only so many ways to express how happy I am over the Internet to see one of my favorite stories updated. Occasionally I'll be the one to do so, but I think it would lose it's meaning if I did it after every post.
>> No. 39289
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
Meido option = best option.
Also, this is one of my favorite stories on this site, keep up the awesome work!
>> No. 39327
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.

I was tempted to vote for the second option, but after replacing that first R with an H.
>> No. 39335
[x] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
>> No. 39338
>>39327

>I was tempted to vote for the second option, but after replacing that first R with an H.

I see what you did there.

Yeah, them wolf-dog youkai keep digging up the yard. Going to need someone to shovel all that dirt.
>> No. 39425
EZMode, your story is awesome and you should feel awesome. I actually spotted this in the archives and mistakenly thought it was a two-thread abandonned work, and STILL decided without hesitation that it was worth reading because it was written by the same guy who wrote Flight of the Lost Soul. Don't stop.

Anyways, it's gonna win anyways, but
[X] Sakuya should be in the kitchen, go see what else you can do.
We do, after all, need some instructions on cooking, and I suspect she'll be a better teacher than Koakuma.