[Return]
Archived thread

File 127388453459.jpg - (100.14KB , 480x474 , th06logo01.jpg ) [iqdb]
36879 No. 36879
"Oh for fuck's sake ..." I sigh, not even failing or tensing up. Down there, that is a huge lake, so big and so deep that I can even make it out in the dead of night, much more empty and dark than the land around it.

I'm also going to fall into it, which could have been avoided.
Right now I'm empty, that's it, no more juice, no more magic, can't even levitate, not even a little puff of smoke from my fingertips. I used up every last ounce just to open the portal to get me here, and where does it dump me? Two hundred feet in the air above a fucking lake. Out of the bullet-riddled napalm-soaked frying pan and into the death-by-falling fire. Today is not my day.

It also might be my last day if I don't do something about this, and as the magical fatigue starts to wear off, adrenaline kicks in once more, pounding through my already-exhausted veins like a jackhammer waking me up.
The wind whips my hair out behind me, drying the sweat on my face and making my eyes water as I try to tumble onto my back.
"Ah shit." I mutter to myself, trying to hold my coat tight to myself, the wind threatening to rip it away at any moment. This thing is useful, not to mention the stuff in my pockets. I'm not even sure where I've ended up, and if I survive this drop I'm gonna need it, can't let circumstances steal it away.

"Right ... come on, do something." I mutter to myself, screwing my eyes shut and gritting my teeth, but the magic won't come. I'm dry, really dry. Any deeper and I'm going to be seriously hurting myself just to get through this.

Well, I've almost died a dozen times already today, nothing like 13th time for a lucky strike-out.

[ ] I can break my fall enough with a little bit of effort, I'll still hit the water but I'll live.
[ ] Fuck it, I'll go out in style. Time to fly.
[ ] Summoning something is no effort at all, or ordering it to catch me. Of course ... I don't know quite what will answer my call.

>> No. 36880
[ ] I can break my fall enough with a little bit of effort, I'll still hit the water but I'll live.

Not sure if troll, but I want to believe!
>> No. 36881
I...er...who...wha...who divided by zero and had HY come back!? Holy shit, you're still fucking alive!! Welcome back!

[X] I can break my fall enough with a little bit of effort, I'll still hit the water but I'll live.
>> No. 36883
[X] Fuck it, I'll go out in style. Time to fly.

If we survive, this sounds like the far more awesome way to do it. If not, at least ours is a corpse that will pierce the waters.
>> No. 36884
>>36880
Not a troll, just felt like writing this.
>>36881
Thanks.

Writing.
>> No. 36886
[ ] Fuck it, I'll go out in style. Time to fly.
>> No. 36887
[Q] Summoning something is no effort at all, or ordering it to catch me. Of course ... I don't know quite what will answer my call.

I don't know whether to be terrified or overjoyed. At least this looks interesting.
>> No. 36888
Oh wow, what's this? Yeah, welcome back!

[x] Summoning something is no effort at all, or ordering it to catch me. Of course ... I don't know quite what will answer my call.
>> No. 36890
[X] I can break my fall enough with a little bit of effort, I'll still hit the water but I'll live.

This works for me~!
>> No. 36891
This is going to hurt like a fishhook enema, but it's the simplest and easiest way to keep myself alive right now, breaking my fall just before I hit the water with a little bit of anti-gravity play.

I flip over onto my stomach again as I fall, shaking my head to clear my thoughts, breathing in deep the way you only do before you're about to die. Nothing flashing before my eyes except the water though, and it's much closer now.
"Right, come on, basic stuff here." I keep one hand holding my coat closed, and stretch the other out in front of me, struggling against the the wind and the pressure of the fall, gritting my teeth as time ticks closer and closer to impact.

Man, my nails are really fucked up.
Inane thoughts like that come to you in the moments before you do something utterly crazy. What the hell am I doing? Projecting gravity against water, on negative energy? I'm mad, I'm bent in the head, I'm still high from the fight and the flight and my bloodstream is crawling with a cocktail of shit that's kept me awake and running for the past few months. I'm tired and beaten, I gave up and ran, and now I'm lost somewhere on the other side.

But I'm alive.

I open my mouth in half-scream half-battle cry as the water rushes up to meet me, forcing magical energy up and out, like vomiting on an empty stomach, dry heaves hurting deep inside, wrenching important things out of place. The water throbs like it's been hit, denting and rippling out in a huge wave, my own descent slowing at last as I plunge into the murk, and the darkness covers me.

==

Everything. Fucking. Hurts. The only thing keeping me afloat is instinct, and it's a minor miracle the coat isn't weighing me down. I can't see shit, my vision is too blurred now, physical stuff is shutting down on automatic to repair what I just did to myself. Can't stay awake much longer. Need to get to shore. Swim.

[ ] I better make for the lights. Lights mean people.
[ ] People? Yeah right, I could be anywhere, they could be anything. Make for the tree-line.
[ ] That over there, is a big building. And it's closer. Go there, at least somebody might find my corpse.
>> No. 36893
[x] I better make for the lights. Lights mean people.

Nice to see you back man.
>> No. 36895
File 127388782127.png - (47.15KB , 875x880 , smiley.png ) [iqdb]
36895
[x] That over there, is a big building. And it's closer. Go there, at least somebody might find my corpse.

This can't possibly end horribly for us! No way!
>> No. 36897
[X] That over there, is a big building. And it's closer. Go there, at least somebody might find my corpse.

Head for the closest shore before we drown.
>> No. 36898
[X] That over there, is a big building. And it's closer. Go there, at least somebody might find my corpse.
>> No. 36900
Called. Writing.
>> No. 36901
[X] I better make for the lights. Lights mean people.
>> No. 36903
File 127388907587.jpg - (1.29MB , 1500x1748 , rumia.jpg ) [iqdb]
36903
Welcome back HY!

[ ] People? Yeah right, I could be anywhere, they could be anything. Make for the tree-line.
>> No. 36904
Looming like a monolith in the dark of the night, the huge building, castle, mansion, I can't quite make it out, gleams with an off-red slickness. Like blood leaking from a slow wound, spread too thinly over pale flesh. If I was more awake and not on the verge of drowning, I would probably shit myself and run at the sight of a place like that, but right now it looks like salvation. The sweetest place I've ever seen.

Water drags me down, fingers of icy cold getting inside all my clothes and making me wince, fuzzing my consciousness and making the world dim. No, I'm not going like this, I'm not drowning now, not after making it this far. Sheer force of willpower makes me drag myself forward, heavy, clumsy strokes heaving my quickly fading body through the water.
Eventually I reach the bank, dirt and sand mixed together in a sucking, wet mire. But I don't care, I just throw myself down into the mud, breathing hard, barely aware of the wet cold muck seeping through my clothes and sticking to my face and hair.

Well, that's drowning done with. Now I'm going to die of exposure.

"Get. Up." I grit my teeth and force my eyes open before they shut forever. Get up. Keep moving. Find somebody, something, anything. Water streams from my clothes as I struggle to my knees, and then to my feet, shaking my hair out like a wet dog. The first step is agony, the second is hell, and the third nearly topples me completely. I'm done, my body is just switching off. I pulled something loose with that stunt, went past magical reserves and into pure life force.

I manage to raise my head as I take a fourth step, looking up at the strange building before me. High walls run around the outside, ivy covering them like fine lace, lamps burning bright in the deep of the night. Inside, the mansion rises up into the air, a great weeping stab wound of red against the star-studded sky, the glow of unhealthy life inside, firelight and stranger things spilling out from the thousand windows.
There's a gate, and a woman, barely twenty paces away, and I can just about make them out.

Her face is shocked, stunned even, at the sight of me, and I take a little sadistic pleasure in that, as I pitch face-first into the ground and pass out.

==

Quiet. Soft against my back and front, sheets? Bed. Also dry. Dry is good. Am I awake or just dreaming? Or dead? Dead would be amusing. No pain, suggests I'm dead. Oh well.

Somebody in here?

[ ] "Somebody in here?"
[ ] Keep quiet, I need to be careful. I'll just open my eyes enough to see.
[ ] I need to be sure if I'm alone, so I'll pretend to turn over in my sleep, mumble something, and see if anybody reacts.
>> No. 36905
[X] Keep quiet, I need to be careful. I'll just open my eyes enough to see.

I don't know what is happening, but I don't mind.
>> No. 36906
[X] Keep quiet, I need to be careful. I'll just open my eyes enough to see.

Welcome back, HY!
>> No. 36907
File 127388946046.jpg - (365.62KB , 1000x1440 , da3e941ec002fd961e96df50f1e258a2.jpg ) [iqdb]
36907
[ ] I need to be sure if I'm alone, so I'll pretend to turn over in my sleep, mumble something, and see if anybody reacts.
>> No. 36908
[x] I need to be sure if I'm alone, so I'll pretend to turn over in my sleep, mumble something, and see if anybody reacts.

What will we say, I wonder?
>> No. 36910
[ ] I need to be sure if I'm alone, so I'll pretend to turn over in my sleep, mumble something, and see if anybody reacts.
>> No. 36911
[Q] Keep quiet, I need to be careful. I'll just open my eyes enough to see.
>> No. 36912
[X] "Somebody in here?"

Well, can't say I expected this! I can only hope that you are able to keep at it.
>> No. 36913
[x] Keep quiet, I need to be careful. I'll just open my eyes enough to see.
>> No. 36915
[x] I need to be sure if I'm alone, so I'll pretend to turn over in my sleep, mumble something, and see if anybody reacts.

HY!
>> No. 36916
Tied votes. Ahh, brings back memories. Writing anyway.
>> No. 36918
[X] Keep quiet, I need to be careful. I'll just open my eyes enough to see.
>> No. 36920
This is the first real bed I've slept in for months. That feels good, really good. Orgasmically, mind-blowingly good. So good I actually want to go back to sleep. Whoever picked me up and dried me off and stripped me hasn't hurt me, so it must be safe to sleep.
Wait ... stripped me? Yeah, I'm naked. Wow. I don't think I've been naked in months either. My clothes probably stink like I've been screwing farm animals.

But habit kicks in, and I'm not going to back to sleep, paranoia has made me jittery and way too alert for my own good, so I don't move, and then, slowly, ever so slowly, I crack my eyes open.
Of course I haven't moved in my sleep, I'm too tired for that, so luckily I'm still on my back. The room I'm in is like something from a couple of hundred years ago, all dark wood panelling, patterned with layers of carving, a faint red hue lying over everything. The only things I can see clearly are a door, off to the left, and a chair, in which a curious looking person sits.

She hasn't seen me open my eyes, she's too engrossed in reading a book, luckily, and I let myself take in her appearance before I shut my eyes again to avoid being noticed. She's dressed like a maid, all starched clothes and frills, but her poise is nothing like a servant, sitting high-backed in the chair, features slim and precise, sharp and vaguely threatening, her long, slender fingers turning the pages of the book with slow, measured motions. I can't guess her age, grey hair like that doesn't suit such pale, smooth skin, but she doesn't look a day over sixteen.

Where's my coat? Where's my stuff? I don't feel safe anymore, not with Miss Matron over there watching me as I sleep. Where the hell am I?

[ ] I'm going to pretend to sleep, wait and bide my time. She's gotta get up to pee eventually, and then I can slip out, get my coat, something. Wait and see what happens.
[ ] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.
>> No. 36921
[x] I'm going to pretend to sleep, wait and bide my time. She's gotta get up to pee eventually, and then I can slip out, get my coat, something. Wait and see what happens.
>> No. 36922
[X] I'm going to pretend to sleep, wait and bide my time. She's gotta get up to pee eventually, and then I can slip out, get my coat, something. Wait and see what happens.

Wait out an unusual maid? What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 36923
[Q] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

Boring option, but oh well.
>> No. 36924
[x] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

I shall dare to be hopeful again, drawing upon my inner Cirno.
>> No. 36925
[X] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

We might end up in a bit of trouble if we do this in a sneaky way.
>> No. 36926
But the trouble is the fun part!
>> No. 36927
[X] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

HY and short, fast updates? Awesome.
>> No. 36928
[X] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

As fun as sneaking around naked might be.
>> No. 36929
>>36926
Only Tenshi finds getting stabbed with 20 knives fun.
>> No. 36930
[x] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.
>> No. 36931
Dear lord, I just saw this. It's good to have you writing again.

[x] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.
>> No. 36932
[X] I'm going to pretend to sleep, wait and bide my time. She's gotta get up to pee eventually, and then I can slip out, get my coat, something. Wait and see what happens.

Future developments should prove very interesting.
>> No. 36933
File 127389362589.jpg - (102.11KB , 549x361 , reisenyes.jpg ) [iqdb]
36933
[x] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

PIC RELATED
>> No. 36934
[x] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.
>> No. 36936
Holy shit, its HY, and he's writing like the mother fucking fist of the mother fucking north star.

[X] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.
>> No. 36938
>>36933
Reisen's face makes it all worth it.

Oh lord look at all these votes. Er. Writing.
>> No. 36939
[X] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

Incoming knives in 3... 2... 1...
>> No. 36942
[x] "Hi there." May as well be friendly, not like I'm getting out of this any other way, can't escape buck-naked and injured.

>>36933

I now have another cause for my resulting diabetes

I'm not sure if Sakuya works that way. Though I do find it hilarious to think of the possible outcomes of that situation should we try it.
>> No. 36943
HY... I thought you drownde in the lake...
>> No. 36945
...I'm a little skeptical, to be honest. But it's not like I'd be disappointed if you are really writing again.
>> No. 36946
>>36942

That artist does the eientei crew nicely, even a nicely feminine Mokou that hasn't lost her tomboy charm. Eirin's often overshadowed by either the two immortals interacting or Reisen.

On topic: Mikospark's resumed writing, Flea updating, now this? It's as if there is a god... an awesome god.
>> No. 36947
>>36946
Aww, now I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

>>36879
It's good to have you back on the front lines, good sir.
>> No. 36948
[ ] I'm going to pretend to sleep, wait and bide my time. She's gotta get up to pee eventually, and then I can slip out, get my coat, something. Wait and see what happens.

Fuck yes.
>> No. 36949
And lo, the lord has risen again, and has givith new life to the board!
>> No. 36950
The direct approach has kept me alive and kicking this long, no sense in giving up on it now.
"Hi there." I open my eyes fully, yawn and roll my shoulders, intended to put my hands behind my head. The sheer pain stops me from moving that much though. Shit, I really tore myself up coming down out of that portal. If I wasn't lying in a clean bed right now I'd be wondering if I caught a bullet on the far side before I slipped away. I guess saving myself with magic cost more than I thought it did.

The woman sitting next to the bed looks up from her book, not surprised, merely curious, her expression a light frown. Her eyes are alive and intelligent, bright blue and full of motion.
"Hello." She says, her voice high and crisp. Now that's a good sound. Oh that's a beautiful sound there. I actually have to stop myself from smiling too wide at her.
"Uh ... " I trail off, not having planned this far, but managing to lever myself up in bed a little. It feels like my limbs are made of lead and some bastard has replaced my spine with a block of ice, but at least I'm alive.
"You're probably going to ask where you are." The woman says, pre-empting my thoughts.
"Uh, yeah. Where am I?" I ask, right on cue. The woman merely sighs and places a bookmark between the pages she was reading, standing up from her chair and crossing to the bed to get a closer look at me. I wouldn't mind a closer look at her either. As she stands up it's like her legs unfold, slim and toned and bare all the way up to the point they vanish under her skirt.
"Where are you indeed." She says, her expression a fraction more hostile now. She drums her fingers against her hip.

"In a bed." I quip, at a total loss.
"Do you really not know where you are?" The woman frowns in full now, more surprised than hostile, putting her hands on her hips.
"Not a clue." I admit. "Washed up in your lake actually. Bit of a mistake." Talking is harder than I thought it would be, my chest feels like I've taken a sledgehammer blow, and everything aches when I force words out.

"Indeed. My name is Sakuya. I am the head maid here." She says, sighing, sitting back down on the chair again and folding her hands in her lap. "You ... are probably hostile and hiding it well." She frowns again.
"Here?" I ask, not exactly pleased to know I'm now considered hostile. "Where is here?" I sit up further in bed, trying to struggle to a sitting position.
"The Scarlet Devil Mansion, of course." Sakuya says. "Now, who are you and where did you come from?" She demands without preamble.
"I fell out of the sky." I reply, tiring of this bullshit. "Where's my stuff?"
"Ah, yes. That too." Sakuya raises a curious eyebrow. "What was a pretty young thing like you doing with a bulletproof coat and half an alchemical laboratory worth of equipment in her pockets?"

Sakuya raises her chin, waiting for an answer this time.

[ ] Great. Aggressive serving staff. She needs putting in her place, right now.
[ ] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.
[ ] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.
>> No. 36951
[x] I'm going to pretend to sleep, wait and bide my time. She's gotta get up to pee eventually, and then I can slip out, get my coat, something. Wait and see what happens.

I wonder...
>> No. 36952
[X] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.

Don't really want to piss off Sakuya this early.
Also, where the heck did we come from?
>> No. 36953
>>36949
/sdm/ was pretty lively today with Mode updating, this just threw it into overdrive. I think this might spark life into the whole site. And this has shown more life than /th/ even, usually with something new to look at most days.
>> No. 36954
>>36949
In all honesty, /sdm/ has been pretty hopping lately already. Tepes has come back with his/her (do we know yet?) near daily updates, and Under The Scarlet Moonlight came from nowhere with the same speed if not faster. Plus comatose stories are showing signs of movement again. I'd say we're doing pretty well.
>> No. 36955
[X] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.

Let's continue to be direct, unless you convince me of course.
>> No. 36956
[ ] Great. Aggressive serving staff. She needs putting in her place, right now.

I am voting for this under the assumption that it doesn't mean that the Hero is going to do something as stupid as provoking a fight when he's barely in a condition to stand. He doesn't come off as the diplomatic type and this is the most interesting option anyway.
>> No. 36957
>>36956

MC is a woman or so womanly Sakuya can't tell.

[x] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.
>> No. 36958
>>36957
>her pockets

Thanks, missed that the first time around. I read "pretty young thing" as being more sarcastic than it actually was.
>> No. 36959
All for today/tonight. Some more tomorrow. Enjoy, discuss, vote, etc.
>> No. 36960
[x] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.

Female lead? Mixed feelings here...
>> No. 36961
>>36960
I'm sure there's some kind of spell, if you're going for that.
>> No. 36962
[X] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.

Although that, in itself, could be considered somewhat "hostile".
Then again, waking up after nearly dying only to find yourself literally naked and helpless is not the sort of thing to put you in the mood for an interrogation.
>> No. 36963
>>36960
>female lead

It's only a good thing. Too often, the plot ends up taking a backseat to hamfisted romance or derailment from routefaggotry; having a female lead will hopefully help to discourage or lessen that.
>> No. 36964
[Z] "Last I checked alchemy wasn't a crime. neither are bulletproof jackets. It's a dangerous world."

Great opening, I'm already hooked. Interesting main character, He's a magic user but he uses slang and sayings from modern day. how odd is that?
>> No. 36965
>>36960
>>36963

Don't worry. Everyone is futa in Gensokyo.
>> No. 36966
>>36963
This, this, for the love of all that is holy this.

I'm so sick of romantic arguments railroading otherwise good stories.

And fortunately MC lesbian relationships still haven't caught on in popularity. Hopefully by the time they do we'll have bigger problems to worry about.
>> No. 36967
I find it semi-amazing that nobody is wondering who or what the hell the MC is. They came from some kind of warzone, they're apparently female or a trap (or Sakuya is being flip), they had an extensive supply of chemicals and weird shit on them, and they're definitely no stranger at all to magic, wherever they come from. She really sounds like some kind of post-apocalyptic Eirin.

I assume it is joy and amazement at HY being back that is causing people to overlook these very weird and intriguing details, which is understandable. Still, I hope other people besides me have some ideas.
>> No. 36968
>>36967

I'm thinking Seihou, another series of bullet-hell games that Zun had some part in. I think.
>> No. 36969
>>36963
>>36966

I think you two are exaggerating a bit. Romance does not always ruin a story's plot and certainly did not for SDM:LA 1. Take it easy~
>> No. 36970
[X] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.
>> No. 36971
>>36967
She's using terms like "bullet-ridden napalm-soaked frying pan" which hints that she comes from modern day earth but one with magic and lots of it. Also it seems like she's only been on the run for a few months?
>> No. 36972
>>36967
I don't know anything at the moment, so for all I know, she could be a alchemist (obvious answer?), or bulletproof coats and a mini lab are the fashion nowadays.
>> No. 36973
[x] Great. Aggressive serving staff. She needs putting in her place, right now.

Pissing off Sakuya is a time honored tradition.

>If I wasn't lying in a clean bed right now I'd be wondering if I caught a bullet on the far side before I slipped away

I wonder if our narrator means "far side" as a figure of speech, or if she was being literal. I'm pretty sure The Lunar Capital is on the far side of the moon.
>> No. 36974
>>36967

>Well, I've almost died a dozen times already today, nothing like 13th time for a lucky strike-out.

Either immortal or just a weird way of saying how close to death she was today. I am assuming the later because of how stubborn she is of dieing.
>> No. 36975
[X] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.

We're not in any position to act cocky. We barely survived falling into the lake, let's not taunt our "savior".

>>36966
>Spoilers
SHaG would like to have a word with you.
>> No. 36976
[x] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.

We need some attitude. I fear no bad end!
>> No. 36977
>>36973
some traditions are bad traditions, like hazing. I think we should get to know her some before making her angry. Sakuya's likely to just put one knife as opposed to twenty in someone she knows.
>> No. 36978
[X] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.

Thank you for coming back, Youkai.
>> No. 36979
>>36975
The point I'm making is that With a female protagonist, deciding who to woo and who to screw isn't one of the major discussion points. With a male protagonist, it will inevitably come up at some point. I'm not demeaning Anon's capacity for MC lesbian love, just their initial inclination for it.
>> No. 36981
>>36979

Have you read ADP?

Having a female protagonist doesn't deter route related shitstorms.

Renko was the best
>> No. 36985
>>36981

You're referencing specific stories, though. My point is that the MAJORITY of female-protagonist stories do not have that problem, as opposed to male-protagonist ones.
>> No. 36986
>>36982
There isn't enough female-based stories to establish trends compared to male-based stories. And if someone wrote more than one good character, there will be a bit of bickering. They're a part of THP just as eggs, lakes and tengu ninjas are.
>> No. 36987
File 127389925312.jpg - (95.95KB , 820x590 , this is my OTP.jpg ) [iqdb]
36987
>>36966
Let's see...

-Something's Happening at Gensokyo,
-The Game
-RaAN
-ADP (kind of)
-Restorer in Gensokyo
-FMiG (Kiiinda)
-The Idea of Alice (I hope)
-Disconsolation of Oneiric Substance (It was getting there)
-Stage Five Squad (No relationship yet, but bibunny is bi)
-AoD (I think I'm not even trying anymore)

...and probably others.
>> No. 36990
Why do you people always insist on picking the safe options?

Is it too much for you to ever vote as something other than an indecisive, spineless NEET and trust in the MC's abilities?
>> No. 36992
>>36990
because this MC is currently bedridden and out of juice.
>> No. 36993
>>36990
You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Only Cirno would go about picking a fight with any and everyone without any regard to how badly outmatched she is.
>> No. 36997
>>36990

The only time you bite the hand that feeds you is if you can also maul the body attached to it.
>> No. 37004
[x] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.

This protagonist sounds gutsy. I want her to be gutsy.

She did some crazy gamble to end up in an unknown world, and is apparently escaping from some sort of horrible warzone.

Not some bimbo, I'm sure.

In a completely unrelated note, this just once more proves SDM is best board.
>> No. 37006
[x] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.
Holy shit, it's like it's autumn 2008 again!
>> No. 37008
File 127391479648.jpg - (508.45KB , 900x869 , aafca3a09426be4b04e68c1ff4341f45.jpg ) [iqdb]
37008
[x] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.

Holy youkai jesus. HY is back writing!
>> No. 37012
File 127392384644.jpg - (277.38KB , 1522x886 , 1194374200777.jpg ) [iqdb]
37012
[x] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.
>> No. 37013
[x] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.
>> No. 37016
[Q] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.
>> No. 37018
[x] Goddamn, woman, can't you see how fucked up I am? I'm not being 'hostile' to anyone in this state. I'll get her to cut the bullshit.
>> No. 37019
>Holy shit, it's like it's autumn 2008 again!
Remember when THP was good?
>> No. 37022
[X] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.

>This protagonist sounds gutsy. I want her to be gutsy.

I'd agree, but I want more exposition more, and we ARE totally out of juice to the point that our body is eating itself, here.

If I could guarantee exposition either way, my thinking might change.

>>37019
THP was never--oh wait, yes it was.
>> No. 37023
[T] May as well tell the truth, can't hurt. Not that she deserves to know.
>> No. 37025
I level a withering stare at Sakuya. As withering a stare as I can manage right now anyway. I've stared down much worse than a pissy maid, although I suppose I wasn't naked when doing so. Sadly she doesn't react, frigid bitch.

"What do you think I was doing?" I ask, totally failing to holding back the sarcasm in my voice. "Getting shot at. And where the hell do you get off calling me 'young'?" I look her up and down as best I can, but the effect is somewhat muted while I'm sitting in bed. "You're at least half a decade younger than me, I doubt you're even out of your teens. Owner of this place likes underaged girls in maid outfits or something?" I sniff loudly, totally ruining the attempt at being imposing. Oh I'm going to regret that little dip in the lake if I come down with a cold.
She finally blinks at that, bringing the faintest hint of colour to her cheeks, and I let myself smirk at the sight of her reaction.
"I am older than I look." She says, slowly and carefully. "Now, where did you come from?" She repeats, actually a little softer than before, leaning forward in her chair.

"That-" I point at her. "Depends entirely on where I am now." I say, totally serious, trying to get her to explain where I am. She raises an eyebrow, unimpressed.
"Let's try an easier question then, shall we?" She says as if talking to a child, and I bristle at her tone. "Who are you?"
I take a deep breath, frustrated but with no way out. If I was at full power then I could punch a hole in her forehead with a puff of air, or just make her forget I'd ever been here. But right now there's just me and this woman in a little room in some mansion out in God alone knows where.

"My name ... " I consider giving her a false one, but I've gone through so many false names over the last few months that I'm sick of them. If this is the end, let me stand up and take it full in the face. "My name is Taika , and if it's not already fucking obvious, I'm a mage." I suck my teeth in thought, a strange mixture of awkward vulnerability and release welling up inside. When's the last time I was honest with somebody who wasn't trying to kill me?
"Ahaaa." Sakuya seems pleased, nodding slowly. "And you are-"
"No, I'm not just a mage." I interrupt her with a grunt, feeling all the old confidence returning. "I'm not just a mage. I am ... I was," I correct myself with a painful lurch of the stomach. "The only full mage left in Europe." I struggle up in bed, holding the sheet to my chest and trying to straighten my back, even in bed I'm taller than her. I'll be dammed if some two-bit jumped-up maid is going to look down on me. It hurts, but it's worth it, because she sits up straighter as well, starts to acknowledge my presence.
"The new Inquisition killed all the others, and hunted me to the ends of the earth." I say with relish, unable to stop the grin despite the sheer aching all down my spine. "And I escaped, so now I'm here." I say. "Wherever here is." I add with a raised eyebrow and a pointed look.

Sakuya opens her mouth to answer, and then shuts it again. Good, go get your master.
"Explaining where you are will be rather complicated." Sakuya says, a new kind of look on her face now, anticipation waiting behind her eyes as she studies me in a new light. "Perhaps I should ... " She wets her lips with a flick of her tongue, thinking.

[ ] "Just get on with it."
[ ] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"
[ ] "You know what, I don't care." I don't care. What I do care about is food, more sleep, and getting my stuff back.
>> No. 37027
[X] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"
>> No. 37028
[X] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"

What a bitch
>> No. 37029
[x] "You know what, I don't care." I don't care. What I do care about is food, more sleep, and getting my stuff back.
>> No. 37030
[x] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"

Heroine signalled her desire was that Sakuya get her master.

>Taika
>Japanese name
>Only full mage left in Europe

What?

>New Inquisition
>Napalm
>Bullets

Sounds like this is a very different Inquisition from the one everyone that knows and loves.
>> No. 37031
>>37028
>What a bitch

Who?
>> No. 37032
Ahah, now that's interesting.

[x] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"

Ohoho.
>> No. 37033
[x] "Just get on with it."

Sakuya's simple explanation will do for now. The main takeaway is that we're not going to get jumped by inquisitors for the time being.
>> No. 37034
File 127395214540.jpg - (31.11KB , 800x441 , getonwithit.jpg ) [iqdb]
37034
[X] "Just get on with it."
>> No. 37035
[X] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"
>> No. 37036
[Q] "Just get on with it."

Oooh. This could be going interesting.
>> No. 37037
[x] "You know what, I don't care." I don't care. What I do care about is food, more sleep, and getting my stuff back.
>> No. 37039
[X] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"

Finally, Protagonist with a fucking spine!

New Inquisition?
I'm getting 40k vibes here.

And I like it.
>> No. 37040
>>37039

Leave it to HY to break new ground. I rather like this protagonist already.

[X] "Why don't you go get somebody more qualified to explain then?"
>> No. 37041
>>37030
It's also a name from a specific part of Europe, although rather rare.
>>37039
>>protagonist with a spine
Thanks, that's largely what I'm doing here.

Anyway, writing.
>> No. 37042
> Name: Taika. TAIKA. Gender: Feminine. Usage: Finnish (Rare). Means "magic, spell" in Finnish.
Nice one.
>> No. 37043
"Perhaps you should get somebody more qualified to explain then?" I ask, leaning forward as best I can with a nasty idea churning in the back of my head. "After all, you're just a maid." I say with a grin.
Sakuya goes poker-faced, unimpressed and combative again. "Mm." She makes a noncommittal noise and folds her arms across her chest. "I hope you're more polite with the Mistress than you are with me, for your own sake."
"Mistress?" I ask, gears turning in worrying directions. She has a mistress, not a master, and she dresses like that?
Either this is my kind of place or I'm in for some serious trouble. Where have they put my stuff? The coat is useful but there's things that would be ideal right about now if I could get my hands on them.

"Yes." Sakuya continues, carefully smoothing her skirt over her thighs as she stands up. "Mistress Remilia Scarlet, the head of this household, and currently your ... benefactor." She says with a worrying twist of her lips.
"Well, can I speak to her or are you just going to stand there extolling her virtues now?" I ask, stifling a small pang of guilt.
These people saved me. Hell, for all I know Sakuya here might have dried me off herself, and here I am demanding things. I'm still in fight-or-flight mode. Sakuya isn't an assassin, there's no tank waiting outside to blow me to pieces, there's no bomb under the bed and there's nothing hiding in the walls waiting to remove my head from my body.

Sakuya sighs. "Very well." She says. "You will have to dress and see the Mistress in her chambers, I will find you some suitable clothes." She turns towards the door, and I'll admit I'm watching her in motion. Okay so she's just a maid but those legs, must be part of her appeal here.

[ ] Ah I better apologise, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.
[ ] Just let her go, there's not much else I can do right now.
[ ] "What about my clothes?"
>> No. 37044
[X] Just let her go, there's not much else I can do right now.

Apologizing right away would be kinda silly coming from us so far.
>> No. 37045
[X] Ah I better apologize, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.

Having guts is all well and good, but being needlessly combative is... well, it's not needed.
>> No. 37046
[x] Ah I better apologise, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.
>> No. 37047
[X] Ah I better apologise, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.

Dem legs. Gensokyo's taking effect on her already.
>> No. 37048
[x] Ah I better apologise, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.

chill
>> No. 37049
[x] "What about my clothes?"
>> No. 37050
[x] Ah I better apologise, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.

Obivous choice here.
>> No. 37051
>>37044
As she said in her inner monologue, she's still on edge and forgot Sakuya (probably) isn't her enemy. When you realize you've made a mistake, you fix it.
>> No. 37052
[X] Ah I better apologise, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.

I'd go for asking about our own clothes, but from the sound of things but from the sound of it they are in dire need of a wash, and that impromptu dip in the lake probably doesn't count.
>> No. 37053
Well. Writing.
>> No. 37055
>Taika
No wonder that she is so hostile. She must have been often betrayed and overall went through hell. So her trust in people must be pretty low.
[x] Ah I better apologise, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.
Backbone is good and all but being a complete asshole is not a good thing too.

I hope this time Sakuya won't stay a one sided asshole character like HY writes her all the time.
>> No. 37057
[Q] Ah I better apologize, at least a bit. I'm being massively rude to somebody who was watching over me, it won't hurt not to be a complete asshole.

Sure, why not.
>> No. 37058
File 127396335455.jpg - (11.61KB , 275x300 , slowpoke.jpg ) [iqdb]
37058
>>37055
>>37057

Even Slowpokes are glad that HY came back.
>> No. 37059
"Uh ... " I clear my throat as Sakuya makes for the door. "Just a sec."
She turns with the same poker-face as before, regarding me rather coldly. I don't like that sort of look, reminds me of too many others, but right now I'm the one in the wrong. At least partly. Maybe I'd be more cocksure if I had my stuff, or more than a sliver of magical energy.
"Sorry for being rude." I say, the apology coming out hard and rough. "Thanks for not leaving me out there."

Sakuya raises her eyebrows in surprise, but then nods once, slowly.
"It would be more seemly for you to thank my Mistress. Please remember to do so." She says, crisp and distant again.
"Sure." I rely, biting back a remark about how her mistress must just love the idea of my thanks. Shit, it's going to be hard keeping myself under control if this is actually some kind of aristocratic mansion, full of pomp and social cues. Maybe her mistress is a batty old lady with a fondness for taking in girls who have dress-up fetishes, that'd be a relief.
I watch Sakuya's legs again as she opens the door and steps out of the room. The sound of a key turning in the lock makes me grit my teeth. Yeah, prisoner, or at least treated like one.

I need to get up, I can't let them know I'm almost powerless, that would be a serious problem if anything happens.
"Ahhhhhh." I concentrate on rolling my shoulders, but it's like my bones are made of lead and my muscles have turned to rubber, stiff and hard and bruised all over.
"Mother of shit ... " I drop the sheet and look down at myself, bruised and scraped, but surprised at the lack of dirt. Did they wash me as well?

Eventually, after five minutes or so, I can move myself enough to sit up properly in bed and stretch my legs out. It feels like every single joint and muscle has been worked over by a large angry gorilla, but I can't stop grinning all the same. I'm alive, and clean. How thoughtful! Pity I missed the washing though, wouldn't mind a bit of sponge-bathing from a pretty maid or two. But I can't let myself get comfortable just yet, I'm a mess and things are only just coming back to life inside me, the faint stirrings of magic and energy like the quietest hum at the back of my consciousness.

[ ] I should open up my mind and take a look around, no knowing what's in this place yet. A little knowledge won't hurt.
[ ] Did I fuck anything up in there? I'm healing correctly, right?
[ ] I need to mask my presence, after all, I'm not even in my own dimension anymore, there could be anything here aware of me if I'm not careful.
>> No. 37060
[x] I should open up my mind and take a look around, no knowing what's in this place yet. A little knowledge won't hurt.
>> No. 37061
[X] I need to mask my presence, after all, I'm not even in my own dimension anymore, there could be anything here aware of me if I'm not careful.

Stealthin gaems
>> No. 37062
[X] I should open up my mind and take a look around, no knowing what's in this place yet. A little knowledge won't hurt.

I see you
You see me
Yes, Scarlet Devil Mansion
>> No. 37063
[X] Did I fuck anything up in there? I'm healing correctly, right?

Need strength back, if possible in a proper way.

>>[ ] I need to mask my presence, after all, I'm not even in my own dimension anymore, there could be anything here aware of me if I'm not careful.

'Sup Yukari.
>> No. 37064
[x] I should open up my mind and take a look around, no knowing what's in this place yet. A little knowledge won't hurt.
Where am i and what is going on.

What everyone would like to know in this kind of situation.
>> No. 37065
[x] Did I fuck anything up in there? I'm healing correctly, right?

Most important things first, then we check around.

To be honest what beings that could sense us already have.
>> No. 37066
[X] Did I fuck anything up in there? I'm healing correctly, right?

Better check ourself.
>> No. 37068
[x] I should open up my mind and take a look around, no knowing what's in this place yet. A little knowledge won't hurt.

Batty old lady, right.
>> No. 37072
File 127396593143.jpg - (112.45KB , 816x1000 , 1206707007188.jpg ) [iqdb]
37072
aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
So you're writing again.
[X] I should open up my mind and take a look around, no knowing what's in this place yet. A little knowledge won't hurt.
Yep, some Knowledge would be nice.
>> No. 37074
[x] Did I fuck anything up in there? I'm healing correctly, right?
>> No. 37080
Writing.
>> No. 37082
We're also in our late twenties or so; maaaybe early thirties, and definitely appreciative, if not explicitly fond of the ladies.

...Yes, I like this.

That's one hell of a world-hop she did, though. But at least it's nice to see someone come through on their own, without Yukari's help.
>> No. 37083
>She has a mistress, not a master, and she dresses like that?
>...this is my kind of place
OHO.

And some thought a female lead would prevent immediate thoughts of romance.

>I need to mask my presence, after all, I'm not even in my own dimension anymore, there could be anything here aware of me if I'm not careful.
Already plenty of mages in Gensokyo, and Sakuya (and soon Remilia) know we're one already. Not seething this as too necessary...

>Yep, some Knowledge would be nice.
But can certainly hurt.

[X] Did I fuck anything up in there? I'm healing correctly, right?
>> No. 37084
>>37072
Oh my fucking god, what if they meet? Either they're going to be like two catty bitches that constantly fight over stupid details and things, or they're going to get along swimmingly.

...I can just imagine them both trailing off in mid-conversation whenever Koakuma walks by, both of them watching her ass.

Okay, that's probably not going to happen, but it was really funny when I thought it.
>> No. 37086
>>37072
Update.

But seriously, a meeting of the mages would be an interesting event.
>> No. 37089
First things first, time to make sure all my senses are working properly, which has the added benefit of letting me do a little scouting work. I close my eyes and open my mind, a simple reflexive motion as natural as breathing.

And I suddenly wish I hadn't.

This place is so busy. Magic saturates everything like tar, plastered on the walls and dripping from the ceiling, hanging in the air like dust particles, as far out as I can see, going on forever into the distance. Currents and eddies and voices swirl around me, a sudden stable thing in this new realm of magic. I'm torn between caution and lust, concerned about what's living here, but at the same time almost drunk on the rush of power.

I let my eyes open on the physical again, frowning. Where the fuck am I? There's nothing but magic here, I can't pinpoint anything, people, other mages, creatures, spirits. The whole thing is a murky mess unlike anything I've ever seen before. I take a deep breath and try again, like a swimmer opening their eyes underwater for the first time, and having to get used to it.

There! That's a mage ... or something very much like one. Something powerful anyway. And there, nearby, is the bright pillar of pulsing reddish-pink, demon-blood imposing a physical form on reality. Demons. That's ... worrying. My mind goes into overdrive trying to put this all together. Sakuya's a human, that's good, but ... demons? Well shit, looks like I might really need some of the stuff in my coat back, soon, as long as they don't work out exactly what I was carrying.

The strangest thing I can pick up is a sort of absence, something I would never have noticed before. A being, somewhere close, that is a magical void, empty space. Normally that would just be the background, but in a place so dense with energy it's too obvious not to notice.

"Ahhhh." I open my eyes and lean back against the headboard, biting my lip with a heady mixture of aching muscles and sexual pleasure. So much magic, so dense, makes me feel alive in ways I haven't done in months. Maybe years.

[ ] Gods yes, I can set up an open transition with the environment, start storing power, use it to heal. Get it done quick, before Sakuya returns.
[ ] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.
>> No. 37090
[x] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.

This is a good idea, we might suck in something we shouldn't without protection.
>> No. 37091
[x] Gods yes, I can set up an open transition with the environment, start storing power, use it to heal. Get it done quick, before Sakuya returns.
>> No. 37092
[X] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.

I don't know a bloody thing about magic and demons, but I know never to go online without a firewall if you value your data. I also know that getting a rush of magic tends to make people go mad or explode in any setting but Gensokyo, so that bit just makes me uncertain.
>> No. 37093
[x] Gods yes, I can set up an open transition with the environment, start storing power, use it to heal. Get it done quick, before Sakuya returns.
>> No. 37094
[x] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.

Best to make sure you've been properly vaccinated before trying out the water, yes?
>> No. 37095
[x] Gods yes, I can set up an open transition with the environment, start storing power, use it to heal. Get it done quick, before Sakuya returns.

...A thought occurs.
What if-- just hypothetically --mages were being hunted for a good reason? I mean, we don't have any guarantee that she's a good person, do we?

That aside, I'm soooo looking forward to her meeting with Patchy.
>> No. 37096
[x] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.
>> No. 37097
>>37095
An inquisition with a good reason? It could happen. But you don't have to be a bad person to be a danger.

Non-speculatively, I direct ye to:
>If I was at full power then I could punch a hole in her forehead with a puff of air, or just make her forget I'd ever been here.
>> No. 37098
[Q] I should open up my mind and take a look around, no knowing what's in this place yet. A little knowledge won't hurt.
>> No. 37099
[X] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.

Sakuya would know something's up if we're suddenly getting around a lot better. Best not to tip our hand too early.
>> No. 37100
>>37097
Well who to really say? Mages aren't typically known for being social.
>> No. 37101
[x] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.

I don't think protagonist kept herself alive by being reckless.
>> No. 37102
>>37095
Good point, but couldn't the same be said about the reasons for hunting other things?
Say, vampires, for example?
>> No. 37103
[X] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.

Even healed up we'd probably have a problem getting out of here in one piece. We should probably just play harmless for now.
>> No. 37104
>>37099
We already told her we're a mage, though.

I'm torn between the reckless choice and the boring choice.
>> No. 37105
[X] This is delicious, positively amazing, but I need to not get carried away. Wait until I have enough power of my own to set up firewalls and keep awareness on, before I start drinking in energy.
>> No. 37106
>>37104
you mean stupid choice and smart choice?
>> No. 37107
>>37104
Mage or not, wouldn't you find it suspicious if the heavily injured person you were taking care of suddenly got a whole lot better right before meeting your boss?
>> No. 37108
Writing.
>> No. 37109
[x] Gods yes, I can set up an open transition with the environment, start storing power, use it to heal. Get it done quick, before Sakuya returns.

Screw your boring safe options
>> No. 37112
Dangit, missed the voting. Also, awesome not-entirely-nice protagonist.
>> No. 37113
I need to be careful, or at least not reckless, there's bound to be magical fauna out here the likes of which I've never seen before, and I'd rather not have some nasty parasite attached to my asshole just because I decided to indulge a moment of weakness.
There's not enough power just yet to firewall myself off, or to do more basic stuff, but there will be soon. Maybe in 5-6 hours time, if I'm careful. All I have to do is hold out that long and I can start charging at way above-normal levels.

The door finally opens again and Sakuya steps back into the room, clothes held over one of her arms. She glances at me, curious. Shit, I must be flushed like I'm in the middle of sexual afterglow right now. At least Sakuya doesn't seem surprised.
"Getting your strength back?" She asks completely casually as she crosses to the bed and lays the clothes down next to me.
"A little." I nod, trying to stay guarded as I pick up the clothes and inspect what I'm supposed to wear. I was worried for a moment that all she'd bring was a dress, or something equally fucking stupid, just the kind of thing these fancy aristocrats have lying around, something 'presentable' for showing me to her mistress.

Luckily, Sakuya seems to understand that I'm having none of that bullshit. Black polo-neck and black trousers. Perfect. Not as good as having my coat back, but they'll do for the moment. Maybe I can tinker with the fabric later, when I have more power.
"Thank you ... Sakuya. These are good." I say, actually surprised, looking up at Sakuya. She's turned her head away from me, and there's actual colour in her cheeks.
"Ahem." She coughs lightly into her hand. "Based on your clothes when you arrived you should be most comfortable in something like this. But you should hurry up and get dressed if you're going to speak with the mistress." She speaks fast and awkwardly, and for a moment I don't get it.

Of course, I'm still naked and no longer holding the sheet up. Looks like somebody is easily embarrassed by nudity. I just smirk to myself and have a good stretch, thrusting my shoulders back. It's painful, painful like breaking all my ribs, but it's worth it too watch Sakuya blush harder.

[ ] Oh I should spare her, I've had my fun. "Would you wait outside while I dress?"
[ ] "I'm still having trouble ... uh ... moving. Would you help me?" Ham it the hell up. Downside is I might appear more vulnerable than I actually am. Is that a downside?
[ ] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37114
[Q] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

The best embarrassment is self-inflicted~
>> No. 37115
[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37116
[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

I think Teika is a pretty cool gal esh runs from magical inquisitions and doesn't afraid of anything.
>> No. 37118
[X] "I'm still having trouble ... uh ... moving. Would you help me?" Ham it the hell up. Downside is I might appear more vulnerable than I actually am. Is that a downside?

Oh. Ow. My arms don't want to work all of a sudden. What ever will I do now?
>> No. 37119
[X] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

I approve of this Sakuya.
>> No. 37120
>[ ] Oh I should spare her, I've had my fun. "Would you wait outside while I dress?"
Spare Sakuya? NEVER.

>[ ] "I'm still having trouble ... uh ... moving. Would you help me?" Ham it the hell up. Downside is I might appear more vulnerable than I actually am. Is that a downside?
It's best to appear vulnerable when you're not, and not when you are.

[X] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37121
[X] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

I wonder what kind of figure the gruff mage has.
>> No. 37122
>>37121
If implied backstory is any indication, skinny, athletic/fit, and reasonably easy to blend in with crowds.

[X] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37123
[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37129
[X] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

As fun as it'd be to fluster Sakuya even more, it's more fun to watch her embarrass herself.
>> No. 37131
Well, that's all for today. More tomorrow.
>> No. 37132
[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

"Seen all you want to see?"
>> No. 37134
So uh, feels weird to be back. You all enjoying this? Comments, questions, whatever?
>> No. 37135
>>37134

I like it. I don't think there is another CYOA where the MC is a real mage before coming to Gensokyo.

Since the MC has a name this time do we also have physical features or should anon make those up?
>> No. 37136
>>37135
She is a fully defined character, with her own physical traits. They will probably crop up during the course of the story.
>> No. 37138
Have we dodged a bad end yet? I imagine "[ ] Summoning something is no effort at all, or ordering it to catch me. Of course ... I don't know quite what will answer my call." wouldn't have ended too well.
>> No. 37139
>>37134
I would just like to say that I'm honored to meet you HY, and I will be very much enjoying your story when I'm done with my work.
>> No. 37141
[X] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

>>37135
The Eldest Scarlet here on /sdm/ has a full mage MC, Remilias older brother who probably similar in power to Patchouli.
Liking both stories a lot.
>> No. 37145
>>37134
I don't know if it's my place to tell you this, but I'll say it anyway: don't lose what you're envisioning by giving your readers too much control over the direction of your story (yes, I see the irony in this statement). ADP, IPF and Fairy Maid all ran into difficulties exactly because their expectations of the story/characters conflicted with yours, and instead of reasserting yourself, you tried to follow their flow and wound up writing yourself into a corner.

I know that you have recognized this already, but I think it deserves to be repeated because this is the fourth time now. You are one of the few writefags who will never lack for readers and can afford to take chances, so you don't need to do something just for the sake of appealing to the broadest possible audience - write what you want and disregard anyone who tries to tell you not to.

For instance, the business of romance that was discussed earlier in the thread. It's a different if you actually want to write it, but
if it's out of character (as you have decided it) for Taika to be a dike or inclined towards human relationships (it would be more than justified with the whole "being hunted for years" thing) or even to be eligible for relationships (what if she's not attractive?), then don't give people the change to derail your characters/story in that direction, because they definitely will if you give them the chance.

Now, about the story itself - I like it. I'm basing that assessment off of the only story element to that we have had any reasonable exposure to this point, but I think that Taika's a much-needed change from the faceless self-inserts, incompetent hikkikomoris, pandering moeblobs or outrageous Mary Sues that we usually receive. Here's to hoping that the premise is equally good.
>> No. 37148
>>37145
You haven't really read The Game or a few other stories with leads that weren't those things.
>> No. 37149
[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37150
>>37134
Liking the story (and protagonist) so far, and eager to see where they take us.

Oh, and of course, it's good to see you back.

Now about that bottle of Rumia...
>> No. 37151
>>37134
Yeah, I can tell things are going to be different, with the meeting of the mages being a key event for Taika for she will find a fast friend or a very bitter rival.

It's just like old times, even down to the near suicidal voting habits of some people.

But please make it clear if we're starting to go outside your planned boundaries. The last thing anyone wants is a repeat of the Fairy Maid incident. Isn't it sad, Sera?
>> No. 37154
>>37148
>or a few other stories with leads that weren't those things

Like?
>> No. 37156
[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
Ahh, Sakuya, your embarassment is our delight~.
>>37134
Don't worry, you're doing just fine, and like was said before, keep at least some control over the storyflow to yourself.
>> No. 37158
>>37154
The Game- Fell's Kogasa was a being on to herself.
Fragment of Memories- Mikio is not moeblob or imcomptent.
AGLA- Myouren doesn't really qualify as anything you say barring \OPINIONS!/
Fairy on Scarlet Lake- Kazuki wouldn't qualify, a good character in his own right.

I could easily go on from there if I wanted to. Try reading some more stories before saying such things.


>faceless self-inserts
that kinda goes without saying, it's good for more simple stories like WUiG and Pre-shark jump MiG, but for stories with plot you need something more. And assuming an "anon" is a self-insert is pretty damn assumptive.

>incompetent hikkikomoris
HI THAR, SHIROU. HOW GOES YOUR HOT-GLUING

>pandering moeblobs
Are you talking about Reina?

>outrageous Mary Sues
\OPINIONS!/
>> No. 37160
[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37161
>>37134
Yes. I'm enjoying the story quite a lot. Keep up the great work. Not much else to say, I'm afraid.
>> No. 37181
[ ] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.

>Comments

Update even faster.

Nice MC, would like to see her to piss off some Toehoes.
>> No. 37201
New story! In my birthday no less! Awesome.

[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
Not harder nor weaker. The middle option.
>> No. 37202
>>37134
Dude, no offense, but even modesty should have its limits. You're HY: I'll read the fucking phonebook if you write it.
>> No. 37217
>>37202
[ ] Butz, Seymour
[x] Clothesoff, Oliver
[ ] Freely, I.P.
[ ] Huggenkiss, Amanda
>> No. 37240
>>37202
what he said, but only if it doesnt end like the last 3 or 4...

[x] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37264
[Y] Forget about Sakuya, I'll just get dressed. Meido can watch if she really wants.
>> No. 37312
Holy. Shit. I'm away from the boards for a couple days and the impossible happens.

I was going to get a couple hours of sleep after finishing an assignment, but looks like I won't even get that much.

Thanks a lot, ass.

Good to see you back
>> No. 37333
"Okay, maybe HY's been very busy on weekdays. I'll just wait until Saturday and see if anything happens."
>> No. 37348
>>37333
I think we scared him off. Uhh, again.
>> No. 37349
File 127423139088.png - (97.28KB , 395x494 , ba4923224a755058615a6d2fb5b52016.png ) [iqdb]
37349
HY come baaaaaaaack. We love you.
>> No. 37400
File 127430509332.gif - (21.44KB , 271x272 , 1274069938415.gif ) [iqdb]
37400
>Go away for a few days
>Come back
>HY
>> No. 37401
Calm down, shut up, and wait patiently. You'll have lease to bitch if it runs on past 2 weeks or something, not 2 days.
>> No. 37405
>>37401

It's the paranoia. Not the SNOW END kind of paranoia, but the Needy Type paranoia. You know, the one with shit involving being abandoned and stuff.
>> No. 37406
>>37405

Alright, this is getting annoying. What the hell is this SNOW END that keeps getting talked about like some sort of taboo?
>> No. 37410
>>37406
Kira rushed the end becuase he wanted to end the story.
Because we didn't raise some ridiculous hard flags to get some kind of normal or good end shit just hit the fan: Kaguya came back to life out of nowhere, touhous you trusted backstabbed you and MC suddenly finds himself in a snowy field with no idea how. An old Yukari tells him Gensokyo got fucked over. Genuflect end.
Let's not forget Call out for Tewi and crawl under that building. Glorious moments.
>> No. 37416
There's also the fact that Kira never mentioned to Anon that every time we blacked out in the story, days wound up passing by and because of that, events transpired which always turned out taking the worst turns imaginable because we weren't there or hadn't affected things which could make it go better.

In his mind, it was completely justifiable how things turned out. In ours? HAHAHAHAHA!
>> No. 37418
>>37416

I think he's repented since.
>> No. 37431
>>37416
Sounds like the typical weakling outsider lead. But Kira has learned from that and Anon forgave him.

I hope HY hasn't dropped this story.
>> No. 37433
>>37410
>>37416

Not the guy that asked, but I've been around since the move from /jp/ and somehow (I was lazy) never actually read the story in question.

Which one was it? I could use some crippling despair right about now.

Speaking of despair, I am still holding out hope for IPF. Here's to hoping this story goes well and perhaps we see a revisiting of that. Do want more delicious Sigma. Though this one is pretty enjoyable in it's own right so far.
>> No. 37447
>>37433
Misadventures in Gensokyo; it should be easy enough to find in the archives.
>> No. 37449
File 127432547322.jpg - (44.58KB , 200x200 , 1235452415243.jpg ) [iqdb]
37449
>>37433
Misadventures in Gensokyo. MiG. The second CYOA ever. There's no way you could have missed it.

Also, if you're looking for despair, the first run of Deluge of a Lunar Fantasy (formerly Limited Adventure in Eientei) had an even more ridiculous "sad end".
>> No. 37450
>>37447

Stupid question, but where is the archive?
>> No. 37451
>>37450
It's in the top topic of /gensokyo/, first page.
>> No. 37462
>>37431
>Sounds like the typical weakling outsider lead.

No. Just no. You haven't read MiG at all, have you? Anon was pretty daring, if occasionally stupid. Kira has been forgiven primarily because he has acknowledged and admitted that he screwed up bad with MiG. His willingness to own up to his mistakes is respectable, and his efforts writing since that debacle have been better for it.

That said, I'd rather not shit up this thread any further. HY does his best now and is preparing, let's please wait warmly until he is ready.
>> No. 37464
>>37462
I said weak, not a coward.
>> No. 37711
Whew, that was fast. See you later HY.
>> No. 37758
File 127467327597.gif - (553.69KB , 295x221 , 1270773028817.gif ) [iqdb]
37758
>>37711
I am kind of disappointed actually.
It is fine if he doesn't say anything after a few days, the man is probably busy and has no time. But after a full week without word... even took your time to respond to YAF's trolling.

However you want to see this, you disappoint your readers.
>> No. 37759
>>37758
It's typical HY, and I heard personal problems came up again. Such a thing usually interferes with the creative process.
>> No. 38162
Why do you taunt us so?
>> No. 38397
Please come back...
>> No. 38441
Many of you would be wise to remember one of HY's last posts before he went on hiatus, if not the last post:

>>32197
>> No. 38451
>>38441
Yet he came back.
>> No. 38465
>>38451
only to be gone once again
>> No. 38466
>>38465

Awash, forever more in the antiquated seas of uncertainty and doubt,
but a fleeting shadow...
>> No. 38471
I'm just going to assume this was HY trolling us by starting a new story and then going utterly silent on us, seeing how much he could make us suffer. I'm just going to assume that is what it has always been.

I give man, you got us. 11/10. Good job. I look forward to your next one, I'm sure you'll sucker us in again then as well.

Oh look, its raining.
>> No. 38474
>>38471
I think he goes silent due to people always taking his words out of context and accusing him of trolling.

And writefags always have stuff come up all the time while writing.
>> No. 38480
File 127561473343.jpg - (283.50KB , 500x650 , 1251653253525.jpg ) [iqdb]
38480
HY is probably frustrated and angry at how things are around here.
He probably thought that it was a good idea to write again in a fit of madness.
It's like getting dead drunk and suddenly the idea to drive around in your car comes up.
>> No. 38482
>>38480
Who to say until someone gets an official answer out of him? This whole non-talking thing is partially why the Fairy Maid incident happened, that and faggots.
>> No. 38531
>>38474

If he's had time to comment on YAF's shit, he's had time to at least let us know if he's just delaying this or not doing it at all. Besides, his silence on this started before any of the trolling comments, so that's really not an excuse.

Really, I only said he was trolling in order to cope. Its easier to just write it off as a joke when something like this happens than to keep up hopes that it will start up, only to be disappointed every day.

And if he continues it after all, then all the better. And it would be nice if it continued, because it seemed really promising.
>> No. 38575
> Its easier to just write it off as a joke when something like this happens than to keep up hopes that it will start up, only to be disappointed every day.
I know what you mean, but I'll still keep this open and reload. Again and again.
>> No. 38576
>>38575
It'd be easier to use the watched threads and see if new posts get added.
>> No. 38579
>>38576
With the few updates and writting per day it is not hard to find new things.
>> No. 38645
I do not believe this thread is real. It's my sleep deprivation playing tricks with my mind.
>> No. 38659
File 127605554182.jpg - (17.19KB , 480x264 , bring-out-your-dead.jpg ) [iqdb]
38659
>> No. 42398
File 12844107807.jpg - (751.60KB , 1000x1000 , 12849865.jpg ) [iqdb]
42398
Over the past 2 days I read EoSD on the sentrygun archive, it's been a while since some written work has kept me up to 3AM.

Then I checked the newer list and found that the continuation has been abandoned...