[Return]
Archived Thread

File 12708767434.jpg - (16.68KB , 300x300 , 120612-hong_meiling_143_large.jpg ) [iqdb]
35792 No. 35792
There are possibly hostages in one or both of the hangers. If we breach one and it’s heard by the other hanger then those hostages are as good as dead. We need to hit them both at the same time. No offence to Cirno, but Meiling seems stronger and more fit to the task of helping me if needed. I’ll go with her into the first hanger and Cirno can get the second. Apparently she’s defended herself quite well up until now, she should be okay on her own.

“I think that we should still check both hangers. I’ll go with Meiling to the first and Cirno can clear the second. If there’s any way we can do it in sync it would probably work better as well.”

“Sounds good to me. I’ll tell Cirno over the mike that we’re about to breach, and I’m sure you can handle yourself Cirno.” Cirno’s only response is thumbs up with a smile and quick hop out the door of the room to get into position.

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright Tori?” Meiling asks after Cirno leaves, a little worry on her face.

“I’ll be fine. I’m not going to do anything stupid. I know I have limits.” You reassure her as you move to change the clip in your gun to one of the corrosive ones Meiling gave you before. For some reason they seem like they’ll come in handy soon. You also begin to tap into your magic. Just in case you have to you want to be ready to cast any useful spells.

You move out the door behind Meiling and cross the hall to the hanger doors. You see the panel that controls the door off to the left a little and walk over to it.

“Looks like I’m not going to be crashing this door down.” Meiling jokes from where she’s standing. She’s right at the crack between the two doors so she can rush in as soon as the doors start to open. “Cirno, we’re going now.”

You take that as the signal and pull the lever that opens the doors. A loud alarm goes off and the doors rumble the ground as they move apart. Immediately after, you can here another alarm down the hall a ways. As soon as the doors are open enough Meiling rushes in, this time with one of the assault rifles out. You wait a few seconds before following in after her.

You expected to at least hear gunfire as you came into the hanger but find that Meiling was right and the hanger is empty. You see Meiling running across the hanger to another door on the other side. You follow behind her again and reach the door just a few seconds after her. Meiling has the pistol out now and is about to kick the door open when she stops. Instead of kicking open the door she opts to just open it normally and run in. You here a single very loud shot and a thud as a body hits the ground. You see why Meiling hadn’t kicked the door open when you enter. Straight across from the door is a man tied to a chair with tape over his mouth and a dead body on the ground behind him. As Meiling begins to untie the man you inspect the dead body behind him.

You find nothing of use on this body, but you find it very interesting that there’s now a large hole where his heart and left lung should be. You would have to see where you could get a gun like that later. As Meiling takes the tape off the man’s mouth he begins to speak quickly.

“In the other hanger! There are two more of us! They’re being guarded by some sort of weird mech. I-It’s shaped like a huge caterpillar and it’s got a couple of gatling guns on either side of it!” Both you and Meiling stop for a second to look at him.

“Is there anything else that you can tell us about this thing?” Meiling asks him calmly.

“I do- No wait. Where the cockpit would have been there was a flamethrower, I only got one look at it so I almost didn’t remember.” Meiling is already out of the room before you can even react. You turn back to the man for a moment before following.

“Don’t leave this room for a second!” You run out of the room and back into the hallway without another word, but with plenty of thoughts.

SHIT! Shit, shit, shit! This is not good! If Meiling ran out like that this probably is very bad! I never really learned if Cirno was weak to fire, but I can guess that she is now. There’s the hanger, I better get ready.

As you turn the corner you take in the scene before you. Cirno’s behind a few boxes over to the left. She looks like she’s in a lot of pain writhing about on the ground. You can’t make out her injuries from here though. In the center of the hanger is the Gigi, two gatling guns firing at Meiling who seems to be having no problems dodging the bullets at such close range. She has both of the assault rifles out and is emptying clip after clip into the shields of the creature. Occasionally you’ll see her run off to the side behind a few crates as the flamethrower goes off. It’s firing blue flames so you decide any hit from that would burn right through flesh and shields. The guns themselves don’t appear to have shields around them, and the creatures shield is broken into many segments. You decide that there are a few ways to go about dealing with it, but maybe you should check on Cirno first.

[] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.
[] leave Cirno. Taking this thing out is top priority. Sorry Cirno.

[] Attack it the same way Meiling is.
[] See if you can disable the weapons with well placed shots from the boxes around the edges of the hanger.
[] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover then begin emptying clips into that segment till it breaks. This will give Meiling an opening.
[] Cast ice wall under the thing to launch it into the air and maybe impale it.
[] write-in
**********

You may pick one or two tactics for fighting the Gigi, and if you pick two list which is first and which is second.

>> No. 35796
[X] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.

[X] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover.
-[X]Switch weapon to: Jester
-[X]Mode: Slug
[X] See if you can disable the weapons with well placed shots from the boxes around the edges of the hanger.

The Jester should do much more significant damage to it, and it'll give Meiling some breathing room to deal with the Gigi up close.
>> No. 35799
>>35796
Switching weapons now would count as a tactic so that vote won't work. Sorry for not clarifying earlier.
>> No. 35802
[x] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.

[X] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover. [x] Cast ice wall under the thing to launch it into the air and maybe impale it.

Little worried about relying on a well placed shot, gut is going with impaling the thing. Just hope we don't impale Meiling That's a lie, I'd "impale" Meiling if you know what I mean.
>> No. 35805
>>35799

Crap. And my delete password seems to disagree with me right now.

Anyway...revoting.

[X] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.

[X] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover.
[X] See if you can disable the weapons with well placed bursts from the boxes around the edges of the hanger.

We do have our corrosive rounds loaded, so the shots will penetrate metal easier.
>> No. 35809
Don't forget we get a +1 when fighting Gigi.
>> No. 35810
>>35802
It's too bad you're not a dude in this story, and I haven't completely found a way to fit Eirin into the story IYKWIM

>>35805
It's alright if you don't delete the post. My delete password hasn't worked for a while now.

>>35809
You get +1 to intelligence and luck to be exact.
>> No. 35813
>>35810

Oh please this world has a ton of magic, and there is always a double ended dildo.

Plus you could fit Eirin in by making her the personal physician of Remilia. We meet her one day and accidently take one of her drugs.

Sheesh I can't believe I'm actually thinking of ways to make this possible.
>> No. 35814
>>35813
I can't believe it either, but thanks for the idea about Eirin. I might do something similar to that.
>> No. 35815
[X] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.

[X] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover.
[X] See if you can disable the weapons with well placed bursts from the boxes around the edges of the hanger.

Sounds good.

I certainly would not mind an Eirin scene at all. And apparently Nitori seems to be fond of imposing figures...
>> No. 35825
Eirin does need some love though. She gets a bad rap as the 'mad doctor' stereotype too much. But with a harem ending able to be reached...anything is possible right now. Though I like this Solid Snake Meiling quite a bit.

[X] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.

[X] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover.
[X] See if you can disable the weapons with well placed bursts from the boxes around the edges of the hanger.
>> No. 35831
[X] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.

[X] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover.
[X] See if you can disable the weapons with well placed bursts from the boxes around the edges of the hanger.

Meiling can handle herself long enough for us to check on Cirno. I wonder if some ice spells might help.
>> No. 35832
[X] Check on Cirno. She doesn’t look to good.

[X] Throw out the pulse grenade at one of the shield segments while Meiling is behind cover.
[X] See if you can disable the weapons with well placed bursts from the boxes around the edges of the hanger.

Vote called. This battle may last for more than one post. The naxt couple of posts may be small, but I'm not sure because I haven't written them yet. I'm not sure if I want to add the Danmaku element in, so I've resorted to asking the reader's whether they want it or not. There will be a vote along with the next post for it, so don't vote yet. I just thought that I should ask now rather than later.
>> No. 35833
File 127097054471.jpg - (173.83KB , 1366x768 , bogus dice roll.jpg ) [iqdb]
35833
Just see the pic.
>> No. 35834
File 127097147552.jpg - (151.89KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 13.jpg ) [iqdb]
35834
Strength- 11+15=26
Magic- 12+19=31
Agility- 14+20=34
Charisma- 14+4=18
Intelligence- 16+8=24
Luck- 14+1+11=26

Here are your rolls for the battle. I put the good rolls where you would need them most.
>> No. 35847
File 127101658024.jpg - (62.46KB , 529x498 , 177123cac9930a177092ae4bc412571a14af6cb8.jpg ) [iqdb]
35847
Meiling looks like she has the thing occupied for now, so I should really check on Cirno.

You ignore the creature for now and run over to Cirno. When you get close you can see why she’s on the ground. Her entire left side from her neck to her ankle has at least second degree burns. The left side of her dress is burned through at some points. As you get closer she notices you.

“Hey T-Tori. Thanks for checking up on m-aahhh! OK, maybe trying to get up is still a bad idea.” She’s trying not to move as much, and she seems to have calmed down a bit just from you being there. She looks like she already ran out of tears to cry and every few moments her face cringes in pain. She looks more angry than in pain though.

“Looks like I’m out of this battle huh? As soon as I walked through the door that asshole blasted me with that damn flamethrower. I’m not as weak to fire as before, but getting blasted by something like that still hurts like hell. I really wish I could show that thing how much the ice can hurt as well.” Her words come rasped and between small exclamations of pain.

“I really wish that there was some way I could help you Cirno.” You say sincerely. You were looking over her wounds while she was talking. Some of the burns seem like they went straight through to her bone. Even if you had some sort of healing spell, it wouldn’t have done much good here.

“Hehe, You’re really a kind person aren’t you Tori? It’s alright that you can’t help me. You don’t know too much about fairies apparently. I’ll tell you right now that this is nothing compared to some of the other things that have happened to me. Maybe I’ll tell you a few of those stories later?” She seemed to be stable now at least, and you think that you might want to hear a few of those later. For now though you had a Gigi to take care of.

“One last thing before you go beat the crap out of that thing with Meiling, Tori. Could help me sit up against this box here, I don’t want to accidentally fall asleep or something.” You slowly help her up to a sitting position. You try not to touch any of the burned parts of her.

“Thanks Tori. Now then, I think you’ve got a Gigi to kill for me.” She gives you a weak smile and points her right hand over her shoulder.

“Right, I’m not letting this one go. I’ll see you when I’m done.” You run off to the right side of the hanger with a plan already in mind.

You take out the pulse grenade that you had from before and wait at the edge of the hanger by some boxes for Meiling to run back behind cover. As soon as she does you throw the grenade at the most visible section of the shield. It hits right on the section and explodes in a small cloud of gaseous plasma. You see that section of the shield very well now signaling that it was about to go down. The next second you see Meiling burst from her cover again and begin to hit that section with as many bullets as possible.

Well, I’d say that she has that covered, so it’s time to see if there’s anything that I can do about those weapons. The flamethrower first, because all that I have to do with that one is hit the fuel tank inside of the gun. That shouldn’t be all that hard with this kind of ammunition. It’ll burn a hole right through most metal.

You aim at the flamethrower attached to the things head, but wait until you’re sure you have a clean shot. It moves around a lot, but every time it fires it slows down considerably. The next time it fires you’ll take the shot you decide.

It only takes a few seconds to start up again and for Meiling to run behind cover. You’ve been aiming at it the whole time, so it only takes a moment to steady your hand and fire a quick five round burst. The first three shots go right through it and ricochet off the other side of the hanger, but one of the other two hits home.

The flamethrower explodes sending bits of shrapnel all over. None of the pieces hit you and you don’t think any of them hit Meiling either as she’s already out of cover again. The Gatling guns don’t really seem to be bothering Meiling much. She’s way faster than they can target, but it still would be a good idea to take them out.

You move farther into the hanger to a slightly closer position. It’s a bit risky with all the ricocheted bullets, but Meiling seems to understand what you’re doing and is trying to avoid moving in your direction. You’re not sure whether you’ll actually be able to hit the gatling guns in the right spot, but you think that it may not matter soon as the shield segment that you threw the grenade at just fell. Meiling is making quick passes over that section, slamming into it with some part of her body. Every time she leaves a large depression in it. You fire off two more five shot busts at the left gatling gun. Both bursts hit with at least three shots, but neither of them hit the control panel. You feel a little discouraged, but then you remind yourself that you can’t be that lucky or skilled every time you try to do something. You try again with two more bursts and this time the second one does hit the control panel. The gun slumps down quickly and stops firing. You’re about to go for the other one when you here a loud crash of metal.

Meiling has hit that section and everything below it off of the Gigi and into the side of the hanger. The other section of it immediately stops moving and falls to the ground. The heart was probably in the back section of the Gigi this time. The hanger looks like it won’t be in usable condition any time soon. There are large depressions in the ground and the wall where Meiling kicked the back half of the creature into. Most of the floor and boxes are burned in some way, and there are bullet holes all over the walls. There are shells littering the floor from thousands of gatling gun rounds. You see Meiling moving over to Cirno, and are about to follow when you remember that the hostage said that there were two others in here.

[] Check on Cirno first. She’s more important than the hostages right now.
[] Go find the hostages first. Cirno said she would be fine.
***********

Sorry about the delay, I fell asleep on my laptop while I was writing this, and I found someone to proofread. Just pick one choice, and no write-ins.
>> No. 35849
[X] Go find the hostages first. Cirno said she would be fine.

It's probably more important to eliminate the defenses and rescue the hostages first.
>> No. 35854
[x] Go find the hostages first. Cirno said she would be fine.

While it pains me, I think Cirno would rather have us go ahead and check on them. We did tell her we'd come back when we're done.

But I wonder: why are fairies so rare in this time? That is unpleasant implications about the state of earth. Fairies are nature spirits after all, and if there's hardly any then that does imply nature on earth is not doing so well.
>> No. 35862
>>35854

That was actually noted when we first found Cirno back in post >>35349

>A fairy! I thought that fairies had gone extinct thirty years ago when technology had begun to advance very rapidly. This is incredible! To think that one of their kind is even still alive!

Though if Cirno dies, I can't help but worry that since nature is next to dead at this point, just how long it will take Cirno to regenerate...let alone, if she can at all.

[x] Go find the hostages first. Cirno said she would be fine.

We'll have to check on Cirno fast though. I'm pretty sure fighting a Gigi got us some attention.
>> No. 35863
[x] Go find the hostages first. Cirno said she would be fine.

... is the winner. Writing now.
>> No. 35865
...The Gigi is still a threat, as it hasen't been added to our beastery yet. This may be our first enemy with, in the words of a Dwarf Fortress saying, 'Hidden Fun Stuff'.

>>35833
Ho boy, if you went with that, we may have actually endded up severly injuring Meiling, and probably killed Cirno to boot.
>> No. 35866
I guess that I should clarify something on the fairies and the condition of Earth. Okay, imagine what Earth looks like now, and then imagine an Earth entirely covered by metal cities. The moon looks almost the same, but with domes over each of the cities like some crapy sci-fi movie. There are now a few very large space stations that orbit Earth as well. think of them as about the size of the moon, and there are four of them. Now you see why there are very few fairies left. They never had a chance of making it to other planets, so they kind'a just died away. There are a few very strong fairies however that can sustain themselves without nature. Cirno was one of them.
>> No. 35877
The hostages are more important right now, and Meiling is already over by Cirno.

You notice a room on the far side of the hanger that looks much like the room where the hostages were kept in the other hanger. The door is already wide open, so you move forward to look inside. Anything that could have attacked you would have attacked you by now.

As you walk inside you see two more people tied up on the other side of the room and go over to untie the both of them. Almost as soon as you start however you hear another loud crash and the revving of a gatling gun outside the door. You turn immediately weapon drawn for whatever might be outside the door.

As you reach the door you hear a few more loud crashes and feel the room get suddenly colder. The revving has stopped as well. You look around the corner to find that Cirno has probably made most of her recovery already, as the Gigi is now another one of her beautiful ice sculptures. You can’t see Meiling or Cirno, but you assume that the situation is under control and go back to untying the hostages. These ones are fairly quiet and only give you thanks when you’re done. You’re happy that they aren’t asking any questions, because you’re not exactly sure how much they’re allowed to know.

You walk out and around the frozen Gigi with the hostages in tow. You turn the corner to see Meiling and Cirno waiting for you. You walk over to them to see that almost all of the burns on Cirno’s body are gone already, but some of the more major ones are still there. Cirno’s standing with her arms folded in front of her examining her handiwork. Meiling is walking over to you already with a smile on her face.

“I see you found the other hostages. It’s good they’re unharmed. We’re done here. I’m going to take the hostages and take them to the front of the base where Marisa and Suika are. If you can get Cirno to stop critiquing herself, I’d like you two to head back to the entrance we came in at.” The two behind you seem to get the picture and walk behind Meiling as she begins to walk away. Cirno’s still in the same spot as before. She seems to be mumbling to herself.

[] stop Meiling and ask if you can go with her. You’d like to meet the others.
-[] write-in for reasons why
-[] write-in something to talk about along the way.

[] listen to Meiling and get moving with Cirno. You’ll end up meeting them eventually.
[] don’t make Cirno leave her sculpture just yet.
-[] write-in for something to say while in front of the ice.
[] tell her that it’s time she got moving.
Either way you end up at the next option if you pick going with Cirno.
[] write-in for things to talk about on the way back to the back entrance. Will accept as many as come up, and I’ll use whichever ones I think will go over best for you or are very interesting or funny.
**********

Sorry about the short update, I just wrote until it looked like a good place to stop. Aftermath soon. Meiling and Cirno got really really good roles right there.
>> No. 35878
Aftermath Report

Casualties:

None

Injuries:

Cirno- Between first and third degree burns, all healed to at least first degrees and all originally first degrees gone

Survived:

You- all stats except luck -2 till you rest
Meiling
Cirno- First degree burns

Items gained:

None

Items lost:

½ corrosive mag

Perks gained:

None

EXP Gained:

You- 70% to level 4, still have to gain level three
Meiling- 15% to level 13
Cirno- 95% to level 8

Bestiary update soon.
>> No. 35879
5.Caterpillar Gigi(medium)- A Gigi shaped like a caterpillar. About 72 feet from end to end, 10 feet tall and 10 feet wide. Has a segmented shield. The metal bonds between sections don’t always hold well under pressure. Usually equipped with a front mounted flamethrower and two side mounted gatling guns. Individual sections can retain a small amount of power for later use.
Strength- 16
Magic- 11
Agility- 11
Intelligence- 8
Charisma- 4
Luck- 5

# killed=1
>> No. 35881
[x] don’t make Cirno leave her sculpture just yet.
-[x] "I know how you feel, but every mistake survived and learned from is ten mistakes prevented"
-[x] "And you avenged yourself against that thing. I was kinda worried until you turned it into a sculpture as good if not better than your last."
-[x] "More than anything I'm glad you're alright; you're among my first friends here."
-[x] "Let's get going, we both need some rest."
[x]On the way back...
-[x] "Meiling's something, isn't she? How often have you and her worked as a team?"
-[x] "About those ice sculptures, anything impressive I haven't seen?"

This can stand to be refined for sure, but it's a start.
>> No. 35916
[x] Don’t make Cirno leave her sculpture just yet.
-[x] "I know how you feel, but every mistake survived and learned from is ten mistakes prevented"
-[x] "And you avenged yourself against that thing. I was kinda worried until you turned it into a sculpture as good if not better than your last."
-[x] "More than anything I'm glad you're alright; you're among my first friends here."
-[x] "Let's get going, we both need some rest."
-[X] Carry her piggyback style. She may not be as injured now, but I'm sure she'd enjoy it.
[x]On the way back...
-[x] "Meiling's really something, isn't she?"
-[X] How often have you and her worked as a team?"
-[x] "About those ice sculptures, anything impressive I haven't seen?"

I don't see anything wrong with this.
>> No. 35917
[x] Don’t make Cirno leave her sculpture just yet.
-[x] "I know how you feel, but every mistake survived and learned from is ten mistakes prevented"
-[x] "And you avenged yourself against that thing. I was kinda worried until you turned it into a sculpture as good if not better than your last."
-[x] "More than anything I'm glad you're alright; you're among my first friends here."
-[x] "Let's get going, we both need some rest."
-[X] Carry her piggyback style. She may not be as injured now, but I'm sure she'd enjoy it.
[x]On the way back...
-[x] "Meiling's really something, isn't she?"
-[X] How often have you and her worked as a team?"
-[x] "About those ice sculptures, anything impressive I haven't seen?"
>> No. 35918
Vote has been called, and I am writing now.
>> No. 35921
File 127128905895.jpg - (139.49KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 14.jpg ) [iqdb]
35921
Charisma- 14+18=32
Luck- 14+1+18=33
>> No. 35922
File 127129146838.jpg - (92.42KB , 530x596 , 125979319517.jpg ) [iqdb]
35922
Sounds good to me, and Cirno seems troubled about something. I should try to help cheer her up.

Meiling leaves the hanger as you walk over to where Cirno is standing. She’s still mumbling to herself and her eyes look unfocused as you walk up. She’s definitely troubled about something. Maybe she thinks that she could have done better than she did?

“I know how you feel, but every mistake survived and learned from is ten mistakes prevented.” You stop as Cirno lets out an amused huff.

“You couldn’t be more right about that Tori.” She still hasn’t moved, and her eyes are still unfocussed. Her response sounded more like one of her age would normally speak, rather than her usual playfulness.

“And you avenged yourself against that thing. I was kinda worried until you turned it into a sculpture as good if not better than your last.” You speak sincerely with the compliment and motion behind you as you mention the sculpture.

“I guess you’re right Tori. Thanks for the compliment too. Not many people realize how much work I put into them.” As she talks this time her eyes focus on you and her voice becomes gradually more like normal.

“More than anything I'm though glad you're alright; you're among my first friends here.” You ruffle her hair a bit and rest you’re hand on her head for a few seconds afterward. She looks up at you with a warm smile and a slight blush on her cheeks. She has her arms behind her back and she’s rocking back and forth between her toes and her heels.

“Thanks Tori, it’s good to have friends isn’t it.” The question was more of a statement, so you decide not to answer it. For a moment you just stand beside her looking at the sculpture before you break the silence.

“It’s about time we got going, we could both use some rest." Cirno nods and you both turn to leave. Just before you get to the door an idea hits that you think will help Cirno cheer up more.

“Hey Cirno, you ride on my back on the way back. After all, someone as injured as you are shouldn’t be walking around.” You say the last part with more than a bit of sarcasm. Cirno smiles immediately. She nods in agreement and immediately jumps on your back from behind. She puts her arms around your neck and lays her head against the back of your neck. She giggles slightly as you begin to walk back to the entrance you came in at. As your walking a few questions pop into your head.

“Meiling’s really something, isn’t she?” You ask tilting your head a bit. Cirno picks her head up and leans back a little before answering.

“She really is when it comes to helping people and anything that involves melee fighting. She’s not so good with much else though, a real dolt when it comes to talking with others sometimes too. She always means well though, so it’s okay. It’s always good for a laugh as well, especially when we go to bars and drunk people start hittin’ on her. Like I said before, she’s pretty oblivious with that kinda thing. Maybe we could go together when the amount of missions reduces a bit. Right now we’re being worked to the bone though, so we probably won’t have time to do it for a few days yet. Remilia really needs our skills right now to keep everything in her favor. Don’t get too comfortable when you get back to base either. You’ll probably get the night to rest and go off on another mission tomorrow, despite what you’ve gone through.”

Going somewhere with them sounds like fun, but duly noted that we probably won’t have time to do that for a while.

“How often have you and her worked as a team?” She takes one of her arms of her shoulders, presumably to make some sort of thinking motion.

“Hmm~, we’ve only worked together for a little while now. We don’t have any set teams in our group. Remilia puts us together in the way she thinks will work best for the situation, or she lets us decide on our own. Usually I work with either Marisa, or Wriggle. I’ve only started working more often with Meiling recently.” She puts her arms back around your neck when she’s done talking.

“I’ve been wondering about this, about those ice sculptures, is there anything impressive that I haven’t seen?” You were honestly wondering if there was something more with them.

“Ahehe~, of course there is Tori. I’m sorry though. I can’t show it quite yet. I only show it to my best and most trusted friends. I haven’t known you long enough yet for me to show you it.”

“That’s alright we have only known each other for about two days now. I was just wondering. Oh, look there’s the entrance.” In front of you is the entrance you came in at.

“And here comes Meiling too.” You look behind you to see what Cirno has said is true. Meiling waves to the two of you laughing a little bit. She must think it’s pretty funny you’re giving Cirno a ride.

“That’s the last of everything. It’s time to get on the ship and warp back to the SDM.” She says as she walks by.

The way back on the ship is uneventful as if you try to do anything other than breath when in warp drive on a small vessel you might really hurt yourself. You make it back to the SDM and exchange goodnights with both Meiling and Cirno and are led to your room by another maid. When you get there you take a much needed bath and get ready for bed.

[] Actually you’re not that tired yet. Put some clothes on and go explore the mansion some. If you pick something to look for there’s no guarantee you’ll find it. If you don’t pick I’ll roll for a random event.
-[] write-in for what to search for. (optional)

[] read some of that book Patchy gave you before bed.

[] screw it, your exhausted just go to bed.
**********

Level up will occur when you get to sleep. Mission evaluation soon. I fixed my tilda key today too. YAY~!
>> No. 35923
Mission Performance Evaluation

Overall Grade: SS

Enemies defeated: 100%
Allies survived: 100%
Allies uninjured: 87.5%
Major objectives completed: 100%
Side objectives completed: 100%

Total Percent: 487.5% of 500%

You gain 40% extra experience for your excellent performance again!

Experience:
You- 10% to level 5; You have two levels to gain.
>> No. 35924
[X] Actually you’re not that tired yet. Put some clothes on and go explore the mansion some. If you pick something to look for there’s no guarantee you’ll find it.
-[X] Search for Remilia.

Survived a Mind Flayer attack, so she can help us with that, remember?
>> No. 35925
[X] Actually you’re not that tired yet. Put some clothes on and go explore the mansion some. If you pick something to look for there’s no guarantee you’ll find it.
-[X] Search for Remilia.

Let's not stay up too late; we do need the rest to restore the lost stats.
>> No. 35926
[X] Actually you’re not that tired yet. Put some clothes on and go explore the mansion some. If you pick something to look for there’s no guarantee you’ll find it.
-[X] Search for Remilia.

Let's see what our commander knows.
>> No. 35930
File 127131343959.jpg - (514.69KB , 1600x1111 , konachan-com-54681-blood-red_eyes-remilia_scarlet-.jpg ) [iqdb]
35930
I’m actually not all that tired right now. Maybe I should go see if I can find Remilia. She’s a vampire, so she should still be awake. It is night after all. I want to know more about this whole mind flayer ordeal.

You walk over to the wardrobe and pick out a long, black one piece dress. It was frilly at every edge and had sleeves that covered your entire arms and half of your hands. It went down to about your knees. It didn’t show off your ‘features’ quite as much as your combat outfit, but still enough that they are quite noticeable. You kind of like it that way though. You put on the pair of black slippers that were at the bottom of your bed and walk out the door, shutting it quietly behind you.

As you quietly wander the halls trying to find something that might resemble a place where Remilia would be you try to map out every area you walk through. You think that the inside of the mansion may be under a sort of expansion spell, and that’s the reason it looks so much larger on the inside than on the outside. You wander all the way up a staircase and turn left down a very long hallway. You turn right at the end of the hallway and come across a very large, gothic and European style door. You walk up to the door to examine it further.

You see series of symbols and wards etched into the wood with perfect craftsmanship. In the center where the door splits to open there is a large keyhole. Upon even closer inspection it looks like there it may be opened by a series of gears that start turning when someone turns the key to the door. You assume that one of the more prominent residents of the SDM resides here, possibly the person who you were looking for.

You knock on the door and the sound of it echoes loudly behind you. There is no response for a few seconds, so you try three more times before giving up. As you’re about to turn around you hear a very refined voice from behind you.

“Nitori? What are you doing at my bedroom door at this hour?” You immediately recognize the voice as Remilia’s. She doesn’t sound in the least bit angry, just curious. You silently send up a prayer that it’s okay that you’re here before turning around to greet the empress.

“Good afternoon Remilia, actually I came here looking for you. I didn’t know that this was your door, it just interested me so I decided to inspect it and try and figure out whose room it is.” You bow politely as you greet her. When you look up you notice that she’s all by herself, and still in the clothes from the party. Her hair looks a little ragged, and her eyes and wings are both drooping a little as if she was tired or very bored. You couldn’t tell which, because her voice still had the same resonation that seemed to demand respect with each word. She yawns a little before responding, showing her fangs and confirming that she was tired.

“Good afternoon to you as well. Here, we can speak in my room if you don’t mind. I’m sorry about my current condition, but you will have to bear with me. I’ve been awake for fifty-nine hours straight now. It was all I could manage to look my best for the party. I’m very tired, but I wouldn’t mind someone to talk to for a while before I sleep. Whether it be about something serious or just small talk. Although I would much prefer the later. There has been to many serious things to deal with lately and I have had little time to relax, or do anything that I want for that matter.” As she spoke she walked over to the door and waved her hand in front of the lock. As you expected parts of the door spun and the door slowly swung open inwards. Remilia beckons you inside and closes the door behind you. You hear the gears fall into place again as you examine her room.

The room is very very large. About half the size of the large hall the party was held in. Despite that there wasn’t much inside the room. In the center of the room was a large canopy bed which you decide is really far too big for anyone quickly. On the far right side of the room is a door with two wardrobes next to it, presumably a washroom. Past the bed on the far side of the room is window which strikes you as slightly odd considering who owns the room. There are two white curtains hanging over it, blocking out the view. On the left side of the room is a small sitting area with five chairs all pointed at a central table, and each one with a small end table of its own. A little to the right of the sitting area is an average sized desk with another chair sitting at it. The desk has a very high tech computer on it, and there are papers well organized into stacks on it as well.

Remilia excuses herself over to the wardrobes and picks out a pink nightgown before heading into the washroom. She said she would be a few moments and told you to make yourself comfortable. You decide to think about what you’re going to talk about before she comes out.

Decide where you wait for her.

[] just lean against the wall near the door.
[] the bed looks really comfortable, and she said to make yourself comfortable.
[] take a seat at one of the five chairs.
[] take a seat at her desk.
[] move the blinds from the window and sit on the windowsill with a view of the outside.

Decide what things you’re going to bring up in the conversation. Write-in how you say it please.

[] The Mind Flayer’s
[] The Gigi
[] specify another person from the mansion
[] her guard
[] herself, and what about herself exactly
[] whatever she wants to talk about
[] write-in
>> No. 35934
[X] take a seat at one of the five chairs.

[X] Herself
-[X] "I've been wondering, Remilia...how exactly did you come into power?"
-[X] "I've only worked with Cirno, Patchouli, and Meiling, but they all seem to be really skilled, on top of being nice people off the battlefield."
-[X] "During the last mission...I was attacked by a Mind Flayer. I was nearly over taken by it had Meiling not reached me. She told me that the only other person that had been able to resist it was you. I just wanted to ask if you could help me learn to resist them as well as you."
--[X] "Speaking of Meiling, though, she's really amazing. If it hadn't been for her, I'm not sure how we would have fared in that fight. She's so kind and strong..."

Well, she wanted some small talk, let's not get to the serious stuff til later in the conversation. Threw in the fangirling over Meiling for the lulz.
>> No. 35935
[x] the bed looks really comfortable, and she said to make yourself comfortable.

I think she'd like a nice joke.

[X] Herself
-[X] "I've been wondering, Remilia...how exactly did you come into power?"
-[X] "I've only worked with Cirno, Patchouli, and Meiling, but they all seem to be really skilled, on top of being nice people off the battlefield."
-[X] "During the last mission...I was attacked by a Mind Flayer. I was nearly over taken by it had Meiling not reached me. She told me that the only other person that had been able to resist it was you. I just wanted to ask if you could help me learn to resist them as well as you. Sorry to bring it up"
[x] "But a more pleasant change of topic: Who was at that party? Anyone else famous?

I figured a switch back to lighter stuff would be easier on her.
>> No. 35937
[x] the bed looks really comfortable, and she said to make yourself comfortable.

If we're going to become part of her guard, we can't keep so far away from her due to her position.

[X] Herself
-[X] "I've been wondering, Remilia...how exactly did you come into power?"
-[X] "I've only worked with Cirno, Patchouli, and Meiling, but they all seem to be really skilled, on top of being nice people off the battlefield."
-[X] "During the last mission...I was attacked by a Mind Flayer. I was nearly over taken by it had Meiling not reached me. She told me that the only other person that had been able to resist it was you. I just wanted to ask if you could help me learn to resist them as well as you. Sorry to bring it up."
--[X] "Speaking of Meiling, though, she's really amazing. If it hadn't been for her, I'm not sure how we would have fared in that fight. She's so kind and strong...she's incredible."
[x] "But a more pleasant change of topic: Who was at that party? Anyone else famous?"
>> No. 35938
[x] the bed looks really comfortable, and she said to make yourself comfortable.

If we're going to become part of her guard, we can't keep so far away from her due to her position.

[X] Herself
-[X] "I've been wondering, Remilia...how exactly did you come into power?"
-[X] "I've only worked with Cirno, Patchouli, and Meiling, but they all seem to be really skilled, on top of being nice people off the battlefield."
-[X] "During the last mission...I was attacked by a Mind Flayer. I was nearly over taken by it had Meiling not reached me. She told me that the only other person that had been able to resist it was you. I just wanted to ask if you could help me learn to resist them as well as you. Sorry to bring it up."
--[X] "Speaking of Meiling, though, she's really amazing. If it hadn't been for her, I'm not sure how we would have fared in that fight. She's so kind and strong...she's incredible."
[x] "But a more pleasant change of topic: Who was at that party? Anyone else famous?"
>> No. 35939
A bit biased towards Meiling, aren't we?
>> No. 35941
[x] the bed looks really comfortable, and she said to make yourself comfortable.

[X] Herself
-[X] "I've been wondering, Remilia...how exactly did you come into power?"
-[X] "I've only worked with Cirno, Patchouli, and Meiling, but they all seem to be really skilled, on top of being nice people off the battlefield."
-[X] "During the last mission...I was attacked by a Mind Flayer. I was nearly over taken by it had Meiling not reached me. She told me that the only other person that had been able to resist it was you. I just wanted to ask if you could help me learn to resist them as well as you. Sorry to bring it up"
[x] "But a more pleasant change of topic: Who was at that party? Anyone else famous?"


We haven't even met Sakuya yet, let's not choose our targets too early. Plus there's far too many people Nitori can get involved with. Meiling's cool in this story, but let's try not to route lock ourselves, now. After all...the harem ending IS possible in this story.
>> No. 35942
Vote called. This may seem like an asshole thing to do, but I'm not adding in the fangirl like line on Meiling. It wouldn't really fit all that well, and you haven't even met half the characters that I have routes for yet.

>>35941
The harem routes are achievable in this story only if you can balance the relations between the characters you choose and your own relations with them.
>> No. 35945
File 127139937263.jpg - (90.60KB , 550x569 , 1205531723652ez176.jpg ) [iqdb]
35945
Well, she told me to make myself comfortable, so I guess it’s alright if get on her bed right? It might make for a good joke for her as well.

You walk over to the large bed and sit near the corner of the bed. As you sit the bed contours to your body, making it easily the most comfortable piece of furniture you’d ever been in. You kick off your slippers and put your feet up on the bed, leaning against the pole on the corner of the bed to keep yourself from lying down and passing out. You hear a door open from across the room and turn to see Remilia walk out of the washroom. She’s wearing the pink nightgown she had on before. It covered her legs down a little bit past her knees, and had short sleeves that left most of her arms exposed. Her bare skin was seemed to resonate in the slightly dark room, and her eyes were a beautiful shade of deep red. She looked both remarkable and cute at the same time as she let out a yawn before looking over at you. She giggles to herself quietly before speaking.

“Well it seems that you certainly made yourself comfortable. I take it you like my bed?” She says walking past you to the desk on the other side of the room. She sits at the desk and opens up something on the computer and begins typing quickly, occasionally glancing at a paper or two.

“I have to say that your bed is possibly the most comfortable bed I’ve been in in my life time. It’s very soft and conforming.”

“Yes quite so.” She closes whatever she had been doing on the computer and floats up to the top of the chair. She sits facing you with her legs crossed and her arms keeping her balance by holding the top of the chair. “Now then, what exactly did you want to talk to me about?”

“I’ve been wondering how exactly you came into power actually. There’s so much speculation now that I can’t even begin to find the truth.”

“It is hard to find the truth in the sea of lies that we currently reside in Tori. I can tell you this truth if you so chose to believe it however. I came into power originally by dictating the right upon myself after preventing a massive war between humans and youkai. I chose myself to lead against the protests of both youkai and humans alike. If one of them had ruled it would have just ignited more of a conflict. I enforced strict rules about relations between the two races for almost twenty years before they finally got the picture and accepted each other. At that point I set up an election for any of those who wished to try their hand at ruling. I won that vote even though I wasn’t even an official candidate. It seemed that they actually saw the reasons for all the strict ruling I had done and figured who better for the part than someone who has had it all along. The vote actually still occurs every ten years to this day, and every time I have won. The last vote was around nine years ago. That’s the brief and non-boring version of how it happened. I don’t really want to go into any details about it.”

“That’s good enough for me then. It’s good to know things like that, whether they be important or not.”

“Very correct Tori, no knowledge is useless; especially not the Knowledge who taught me that.”

“Patchouli taught you that? I guess I should believe that she did. After all she does have a lot of things locked up in that head of hers I’ve found out.”

“Yes, she has accumulated quite the amount of knowledge over the years. She knows every book in her library by heart and has begun to learn by experiences as well.”

It is quiet for a moment as Remilia hops down from her perch and gets out a glass from one of the drawers in the desk. From another drawer she pulls out an unlabeled bottle, and pours the contents into the glass before turning to you. A mischievous grin spreads across her face and then she shakes her head before returning the bottle. She takes a few sips from the glass as she leans against the desk instead of sitting again. She seems to be waiting for you to speak.

"I've only worked with Cirno, Patchouli, and Meiling, but they all seem to be really skilled, on top of being nice people off the battlefield. Are the others of the Guard like that generally as well?”

“For the most part yes, but with three exceptions; they being Wriggle, Alice, and Sakuya. They don’t exactly have the most outgoing or kindly of personalities. Wriggle likes to cause trouble, Alice is a loner, and Sakuya’s just too untrusting.”

“I’ll be sure to remember that, thank you.”

“Anything else that I can do to help out Nitori?”

You’re immediately reminded of the original reason why you came up here and the smile that had been on your face quickly leaves. Remilia seems to notice this and sighs a bit as if expecting something she didn’t want to hear already.

“Sorry to ruin our nice little talk Remilia, but it might be time to get to the reason I came looking for you in the first place.”

“It’s alright Nitori. If you need to talk to me about something then you need to talk to me about it.”

“During the mission today… I-I was attacked, by a Mind Flayer.” You hear the sound of a glass drop to the ground and look over to see Remilia staring at you with wide eyes and her mouth slightly agape. Her glass dropped in shock. Before you can even say anything Remilia has bolted over to you and pulled you into a tight embrace, her head resting on your shoulder. Her voice comes as barely a whisper.

“I’m sorry Nitori, so sorry. I’m happy that you lived through the ordeal, but it’s my fault that you were exposed to something like that. I wish I could do something more than apologize, but it’s all that I can do right now.” She seems like she’s about to break down and cry. You think that she might be remembering when she was attacked. It must have been a lot worse for her to act like this from just the mention of the thing. You decide to try and comfort her. You put one hand on her back and another in the hair on the back of her head, and speak softly back to her.

“It’s alright Remilia, I don’t blame you or anyone of the people here. I’ve already mostly gotten over the fright, not to say that the images will ever leave my head. There’s something that you could do however.” Remilia takes her head off of your shoulder as you say this to get a better look at you. Her eyes are rimmed with tears.

“I wanted to see if there was some way that you could help me learn to resist them better.”

“There’s no way I could help you learn any more about resisting them. If you’ve fought off one, then you already have all the experience that you need to help fight them. After the first time I was attacked by one all the others were very easy to get rid of, because I already knew their tricks. And because there was no way anything could have been worse than what that first one showed me. Being a vampire I have little to fear, but the things I do fear I fear more than anything. I’ll probably never be able to explain what happened in my mind, but I assure you that what it was was enough to make me go insane for months. Even now whenever I think about it I break into tears if no one’s there to help me.” She rests the side of her head on your shoulder again, and the two of you sit there waiting for Remilia to calm down. After a while she moves off of you and sits next to you on the bed curled up into a ball, her arms around her knees. You finally break the silence after a few more moments.

“Onto a more pleasant topic before I leave; was there anyone else important or famous at that party that I should know about?”

“Other than the rest of my guard no, at least not anyone will important to you.” She still looks like she’s having trouble calming herself. You don’t want to leave her there like that.

[] Just tell her you’re going now. Wish her good night.
[] Ask her if she would like it if you stayed for a while longer.
[] Ask her if she would like it if you slept here with her just so that she wasn’t alone in case she has a nightmare.
[] write-in
>> No. 35946
[X] Ask her if she would like it if you stayed for a while longer.

Didn't really expect it was that bad.

Remy need comforting tiem nao.
>> No. 35950
>>35942

Perfectly justified though. We're just getting started with this story and we have yet to meet everyone anyway.

[X] Ask her if she would like it if you stayed for a while longer.

Geez, if Remi is shaken up that bad by the mind flayers and Nitori was able to fare slightly better, despite the fact she had help...then we'll need to figure out a way to eliminate them before they possess anyone. Maybe Patchy knows a way to dispel them early.

>[] Ask her if she would like it if you slept here with her just so that she wasn’t alone in case she has a nightmare.

Rather tempting, though...but I don't think this is a good time for it. She appears to need someone to just talk to more than anything right now.
>> No. 35956
[X] Ask her if she would like it if you stayed for a while longer.
>> No. 35957
[X] Ask her if she would like it if you stayed for a while longer.

And this leaves room for the sleep option if Remilia really wants it.
>> No. 35960
[X] Ask her if she would like it if you stayed for a while longer.

...is the winner. Writing now. Might take a while because my muses aren't home right now.
>> No. 35972
File 127148639396.jpg - (85.73KB , 1366x768 , remilia scarlet 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
35972
“Do you want me to stay here for a little while longer? I don’t really mind if it’ll help you.” The vampire looks up at you with a weak smile on her face.

“I would like it if you stayed. I think it will still be few minutes before I calm down completely. I involuntarily send myself into shock every time I hear anything about the Mind Flayers, and have to remind myself that they’re just images and none of them are real.” An idea comes to you before silence sets in.

“Was there anything that you wanted to talk about Remilia? Maybe talking more will help a little.”

“Actually, no. I never really talk with anyone like this anymore, and the only things that I could think to talk of right now would be better held off until morning. If you have any more questions though I wouldn’t mind answering them.” You can think of one question for her.

“Just one more then, are there any more members of your Guard besides those that were on this last mission?”

“Yes, there are two more members. One of them is Mystia Lorelei; she works in intelligence and espionage. She also runs a chain of restaurants. If you ever want to meet her just go to one of her restaurants and walk back into the kitchen. You’ll figure it out from there. The others name is Rumia; She’s actually missing in action right now. It is very doubtful that she’s in any amount of danger however. Under the right circumstances she could destroy planets at a whim.” That kind of power has to be nearly impossible to control though.

“Wouldn’t that amount of power make you go insane?”

“When she taps into it she does go insane, or more like another part of her takes charge that doesn’t have experience communicating. A good thing to remember when you’re around her is to avoid touching the ribbon in her hair. It is what seals that other self.” Oh, well I guess that that would explain it, and there’s no reason to believe she’s lying.

“Thanks, that’s all I really needed to know for now. Are you feeling any better yet Remilia?” She seems a little less high strung then before.

“Yes, I guess talking to someone really does help me get over it faster. I give my thanks to you Nitori. I think that it may be time for us to both get to bed. I believe that it’s almost two in the morning and I have to be awake by noon. I believe that you have to be awake by ten and ready to go at noon.”

“Well then I guess that I should be getting to bed. It was nice to speak with you Remilia.” You slowly begin to get up from the comfort of the bed and put your slippers on.

“It was quite nice other than that. I wouldn’t mind doing this again sometime if you don’t mind. It gets so very boring dealing with politics all day and night for years straight. Some last bit of advice Nitori, never get into politics unless you want to lead out the rest of your life behind a desk and at long meetings.” She waves to you then at the door and it slowly opens again. You take this as your cue to leave. As you wave back you see her smile before she waves again and the door closes leaving you on the outside. You retrace your steps back to your room quickly. Truth be told you were very tired now. When you get to your room you kick off your footwear and flop down on the bed. You immediately notice how much less comfortable your bed is when compared with Remilia’s. Oh well though. You think you should set the alarm clock near your bed.

[] What time you set your alarm to. This will affect how many things you can get done in the morning. You’re going to need to find time to spend with the characters you pick to learn spells from to actually learn the spells from them. You don’t need a lot of time for that though.
************

Level up soon if I don’t fall asleep. If I do It will be at least ten hours before I get that out. I’ve been using the same rolls since the talk with Cirno if you were wondering.
>> No. 35973
[x]10:25am

Just an extra half hour to account for time getting to sleep. 8 hours is very good.
>> No. 35974
[x]10:00AM

Gives us sometime to get ready and do other things before noon. I think Nitori will be just fine with 7 1/2 - 2 hours of sleep.
>> No. 35978
>>35974
I hope that's enough to recover our stats.
>> No. 35994
[X] 10:15 am
>> No. 35999
[X] 10:15 am

Sounds reasonable enough.
>> No. 36001
Sorry about being so late. My girlfriend and I are on vacation, and I've been to preoccupied to write. I'll be getting the level-up out soon.
>> No. 36002
Congratulations! You gained levels 3 & 4!

You earn 5 stat points to distribute!

[] strength- 13
[] Magic- 14
[] Agility- 16
[] Intelligence- 18
[] Charisma- 16
[] Luck- 14

Perks gained upon leveling:

Experienced, rank 2- you gain 2 stat points to distribute during dire situations.
Intimidate weak minded, intelligent/charismatic youkai specific skill- you can attempt to intimidate any enemy 3 levels lower with less than half of your own intelligence and charisma, 50% success rate.

Pick 2 new traits:

[] Weapon proficiency - you are more proficient with all weapons, making them less likely to fail, and do more damage.
[] Shield proficiency - Shields have slightly higher capacity and recharge slightly faster.
[] Quick learner- gain 20% extra experience from enemies.
[] Silent step- Walk and run silently, full sprint makes noise still.
[] Heightened senses- All your senses are heightened making things like spotting enemies easier.

Pick 6 spells to learn, or upgrade spells, or save points to learn spells at later levels:

[] Save how many points if any?

[] heal 2- heal injuries, does not repair shields. Active. 20 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

[] fire ball 2- send two wave of seven fire balls at up to fourteen targets. Active. 20 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

[] rock fall 1- drop three small boulders on up to three targets. Active. 15 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

[] Ice shot 2- imbue your bullets with ice. Passive. Bullets deal 20 extra ice damage. Takes up 10 mana continuously while in use. Learned from Cirno.

[] Ice wall 2- Create a wall of ice ten feet high and fifteen feet wide to take cover behind or launch foes in the air from below, or to use as a platform to help scale steep cliffs and the like. Active. 20 mana to cast, lasts for 1 minute and fifteen seconds, deals 190 damage. Learned from Cirno.

[] Enhanced Vision- Imbue you or an allies eyes to see outlines of objects behind certain types of walls and objects. Passive. Takes up 20 mana continuously while in use. Heightened senses adds to the effectiveness. Learn from Meiling.
**********

You gain more mana as you put points in the magic stat, and any other questions will be answered to the best of my ability. If you want the recommended then ask, but know that it won’t necessarily be the best thing to choose for the path you might take.
>> No. 36003
+2 Magic
+1 Agility
+2 Luck

Quick Learner
Silent step

Ice Wall 2
Ice shot 2
Enhanced Vision
Save Rest

Thought about picking Heal 2 but I don't think we are at the point where we have no medics and have to rely on ourselves yet.

My point choices? Just went with my gut, got no clue since I've never played D&D or some derivative of it.
>> No. 36004
>>36003
If you've played enough RPG's then you have enough common sense to make good decisions in D&D, and plus this is me and my friends style of playing D&D which is a lot less complicated and more of whatever the hell we want to do with a few rolls, stats, and skills thrown in.
>> No. 36006
>>36005
You can cast heal on anyone once you have the spell. Didn't notice that I didn't specify.
>> No. 36007
+2 Strength
+2 Magic
+1 Luck


[X] Fire ball 2
[X] Ice wall 2-
[X] Enhanced Vision-
[X] Ice Shot 2
[X] Heightened senses-
[X] Weapon proficiency-

I think this will work.
>> No. 36008
+1 Str (A bit more muscle wouldn't hurt
+1 Mag
+2 Luck
+1 Charisma

[x] Quick learner- gain 20% extra experience from enemies.
[x] Heightened senses- All your senses are heightened making things like spotting enemies easier.

I think trying to avoid being caught off guard would help.

[x]Ice Wall 2
[x]Ice shot 2
[x]Enhanced Vision
[x]Heal 2
[x]Save Rest

A bit of support ability isn't bad, either keeping ourselves in fighting shape or helping a wounded ally.
>> No. 36010
+2 Strength
+2 Magic
+1 Luck


[X] Fire ball 2
[X] Ice wall 2-
[X] Enhanced Vision-
[X] Ice Shot 2
[X] Heightened senses-
[x]Heal 2
[X] Save rest

Ice won't always work, so we may want to have a strong enough back up element that has enough strength behind it, as well.

Looking kinda red mage there, Nitori.
>> No. 36011
+1 Str
+1 Mag
+2 Luck
+1 Charisma

[x] Quick learner- gain 20% extra experience from enemies.
[x] Heightened senses- All your senses are heightened making things like spotting enemies easier.

[x]Ice Wall 2
[x]Ice shot 2
[x]Enhanced Vision
[x]Heal 2
[x]Save Rest
>> No. 36013
+1 Str
+1 Mag
+2 Luck
+1 Charisma

[x] Quick learner- gain 20% extra experience from enemies.
[x] Heightened senses- All your senses are heightened making things like spotting enemies easier.


[x]Enhanced Vision
[x]Heal 2
[x]Ice shot 2
[x]Fireball 2
[x]save 2 points
>> No. 36014
+1 Str
+1 Mag
+2 Luck
+1 Charisma

[x] Quick learner
[x] Heightened senses
[x]Enhanced Vision
[x]Heal 2
[x]Ice shot 2
[x]Fireball 2

[x]save 2 points
>> No. 36015
+1 Str
+1 Mag
+2 Luck
+1 Charisma

[x] Quick learner
[x] Heightened senses
[x]Enhanced Vision
[x]Heal 2
[x]Ice shot 2
[x]Fireball 2

[x]save 2 points
>> No. 36021
+1 Str
+1 Mag
+2 Luck
+1 Charisma

[x] Quick learner
[x] Heightened senses
[x]Enhanced Vision
[x]Heal 2
[x]Ice shot 2
[x]Fireball 2

[x]save 2 points

This is the winner of the level up. New Char sheet soon. Pivked 10:15 to wake up because it has the most votes.
>> No. 36023
Name: Nitori “Tori” Nanashi; Level 4

Race: Half-breed (human and Kappa)

Appearance: See pic in >>34813 But with Nitori’s hat in dark green and a silver key strapped around her chest.

Class: Technician

Personality: Excitable, polite, and determined. Has a good humor and likes to joke around with others often. Always trying to better herself and others.

Background: Grew up working in her father’s garage. She knows inside and out of almost every aircraft and spacecraft in the army. She was also quite the tinkerer and made modifications to vehicles and weapons. Takes after Nitori, whom her mother named her after and who she plans on meeting one day.

Elements: Metal, ice, and Water

Difficulty: frustrating

Stats:

Strength-14
Magic-15
Agility-16
Intelligence-18
Charisma-17
Luck-16

Mana pool= 35 with 7% recharge per minute.

Perks:

Comprehension of technology, rank 2- +2 to anything involving technological skill and knowledge

Water Breathing- Can breathe in water

Good greetings- +1 to charisma when first meeting people

Inventor, rank 1- allows the ability to create simple (rank 1) machines from scrap and otherwise useless parts.

Modification of vehicles, rank 1- allows simple (rank 1) mods to be put on vehicles

Modification of weapons, rank 1- allows simple (rank 1) mods to be put on weapons

Gigi knowledge, rank 1- You have slight knowledge of the inner workings of the Gigi and gain +1 to both luck and intelligence when fighting them.


Experienced, rank 2- you gain 2 stat points to distribute during dire situations.

Intimidate weak minded, intelligent/charismatic youkai specific skill- you can attempt to intimidate any enemy 3 levels lower with less than half of your own intelligence and charisma, 50% success rate.


Magical affinity- your elements now affect your attacks on others.


Mana pool- you can now gather mana from the air around you to cast spells.


Magically able, rank 1- You gain the ability to use simple spells that you have been taught or have learned yourself.

Elemental Affinities:

Metal affinity 1- Extra damage from projectile weapons, and extra damage to metal armor.
Water affinity 1- Extra damage to fire enemies, extra damage from water spells, and faster swimming.
Ice affinity 1- Extra damage from ice spells, able to freeze water with touch, unable to get cold.
Traits:

Larger mana pool- gain +10 mana maximum for the mana pool.
Quick learner- gain 20% extra experience from enemies.
Heightened senses- All your senses are heightened making things like spotting enemies easier.

Spell list: (2 extra points to distribute later.)

Ice shot 2- imbue your bullets with ice. Passive. Bullets deal 20 extra ice damage. Takes up 10 mana continuously while in use. Learned from Cirno.


Ice wall 1- Create a wall of ice five feet high and ten feet wide to take cover behind or launch foes in the air from below, or to use as a platform to help scale steep cliffs and the like. Active. 15 mana to cast, lasts for 45 seconds, deals 110 damage. Learned from Cirno.

Heal 2- heal injuries, does not repair shields. Active. 20 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

Fire ball 2- send two wave of seven fire balls at up to fourteen targets. Active. 20 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

Enhanced Vision- Imbue you or an allies eyes to see outlines of objects behind certain types of walls and objects. Passive. Takes up 20 mana continuously while in use. Heightened senses adds to the effectiveness. Learn from Meiling.
>> No. 36106
Any update soon?

Oh and maybe we should (if we have time) use our knowledge and modify our weapons a bit (the shotgun and pistol).
>> No. 36114
Sorry, my computer crashed and I just got it to start working about an hour ago. Update within a few hours.

>>36106
You can start modifying weapons after the next mission. I'm trying to introduce everything slowly instead of just slamming it all in your face, like I did to my friends. That did NOT work well, and made me feel like a jerk.
>> No. 36121
Ten-fifteen sounds like a good time to get up. Not too late, but not too early either. I guess it’s time to get to bed.

You pull the covers over yourself and sleep quickly overcomes you. Sometime during the night you see the image of your parents again, but it is replaced by more pleasant memories of them. [spoiler]No dream sequences just yet, but I do have some in mind that may or may not have a impact on the story.[spoiler] You awake the next morning feeling refreshed and revitalized, stretching out to ease away the sleepiness.

It takes you around fifteen minutes to get ready. When you walk out your door you ask one of the maids that’s nearby where Meiling and Patchy might be. She tells you that they’re probably in the training facility attached to the mansion. Apparently most of the members of the guard that are at the mansion warm-up there every day. You set off in the direction she told you to go and find yourself at the large doors to the facility in about ten minutes. You walk in to see Meiling and Patchy a little ways off into the room. They greet you warmly and explain what they were doing here. You decide to join them for a while and see if you can’t learn a few things by observing.

After about an hour you’ve learned one or two things from both of them and Cirno came in near the end and helped you learn a bit more about one of the previous spells she taught you. The four of you leave the facility and set out towards the war room.

You arrive to find a yawning Remilia seated at a chair almost completely surrounded by monitors. She hands a separate folder to each of three senior members of the guard and they leave almost as quickly as they came. This leaves Remilia staring at you in deep thought for about a minute. Eventually, she hands you multiple folders and speaks up.

“I still can’t decide which kind of mission would be best for you, Nitori. Until I can decide I think I’ll let you keep choosing. Each one of those folders is a different assignment you can take, or I could send you over to Mystia if you wanted to do something else. Her missions have a much higher mortality rate however.” She waves over at a desk to the side with nothing on it. You walk over to the desk and set down the folders. You read the summaries of each in turn.

1st folder: Follow up on a lead in the search for Rumia. Team members- Wriggle Nightbug, Patchouli Knowledge, and Koakuma. Difficulty- easy 9. There’s been an anonymous lead as to the whereabouts of the missing Rumia. The source is questionable, but it should still be looked into.

2nd folder: Assist in the assault of a large Savior base. Team members- Hong Meiling, Cirno, and Suika Ibuki. Difficulty- easy 7. There is a plan for a major assault on a large enemy base in the Omega Sector. Having Guard members there would greatly increase the chances of success.

3rd folder: Sabotage an enemy Gigi factory. Team members- Sakuya Izayoi, Alice Margatroid, Marisa Kawagiri, and Flandre Scarlet. Difficulty- normal 4. A Guard squad is being sent to sabotage a Savior Gigi base behind enemy lines. This mission type is very risky, but is very important.

[] 1st folder
[] 2nd folder
[] 3rd folder
[] Ask if you can get a mission from Mystia. These mission are very, very hard.

The number next to each difficulty is the level of that specific difficulty. Example: easy 6 would be considered easier than easy 8. The number goes up to ten. Any other questions will be answered.
>> No. 36122
As much as i would like to do the hard one, i don't think we should push our luck.

[X] 3rd folder

Normal should suffice for now.
>> No. 36123
[X] Ask if you can get a mission from Mystia. These mission are very, very hard.

You know, what the hell I'm feeling a bit suicidal!
>> No. 36124
Oh and SS. May i suggest that you try to make your dialogues sound less gamey?
This was rather apparent in the beginning where Pachy told us exactly how many questions we can ask, or Remi telling us we can go or stay with her, etc.
Thankfully, you managed it better in the mission with Meiling. (except were Cirno told us we don't have enough friendship points with her)
As long as it stays in the background as a machine/framework that makes thing happen, it will be fine.
>> No. 36125
[x] 1st folder

I wonder how Wriggle and Koakuma are like now.
>> No. 36127
[X] 3rd folder

We haven't met Sakuya or Flandre yet

>Alice is a loner, and Sakuya’s just too untrusting.

>Charisma-17

I think we can try to make them come around...
>> No. 36138
>>36124
It came off naturally; they could be of unusual design.
>> No. 36141
>>36138

Perhaps.
But still i think this kinda sounds off:
“Ahehe~, of course there is Tori. I’m sorry though. I can’t show it quite yet. I only show it to my best and most trusted friends. I haven’t known you long enough yet for me to show you it.”

Could have just been:
"“Ahehe~, of course there is Tori. I’m sorry though. I can’t show it quite yet. Maybe someday"
with protagonist thinking 'I guess it was rather a personal question' or something similar.
>> No. 36143
>>36124
After reading over my writing a few times I have to say that I agree with you on the dialogue. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm going to try and change things to make it flow better. I'm so used to the gaming dialect me and my friends use that I didn't even notice. I’ve always said everything to them outright. Although if I'm not getting into what I'm writing very well, or if I'm writing while I'm tired it may revert back to that a little.

>>36141
That does sound much better, thank you.
>> No. 36170
>>36143
Wait, you talk to your friends like an NPC awkwardly handing out game instructions? Do they know about timed hits?
>> No. 36172
>>36170
I write out the interactions between characters for my friends, and some of them, my friends, happen to not be very bright. I don't actually talk like an NPC. I have to make things really simple minded for them even though most of my friends could do without it.
>> No. 36175
>>36172
I hope to god some of said "not so bright" friends don't go here. From the sounds of things, they'd make many blunders in other stories if they needed to be spoonfed these things.
>> No. 36190
>>36175
They don't even know what Touhou is, and I would NEVER introduce them to this site if they did.
>> No. 36194
>>36190
Then I think you might want to find another group to talk about this story with; they won't be able to tell you if you're taking a character too out of bounds in terms of personality. I understand that due to the amount of time passing, there'd be some changes, but certain bits would still remain.
>> No. 36196
>>36194
I've been trying to for a while. Last weekend the anime club that I go to every week said that they would play. All of them know exactly what Touhou is because of me, and most of them have played it or written their own fanfiction about it.
>> No. 36244
>Anime club
>Friends write Touhou fanfiction without knowing about Touhou
>UnderageB&

You should stop talking before it gets worse.
>> No. 36247
>>36244
Everyone from the anime club is at least 18, and they are the ones who are writing the fanfiction. Not the friends that don't know what it is. Anyway, you're right. I'm just going to shut up right now, and wait for one of the votes to hit three.
>> No. 36248
[X] 3rd folder
>> No. 36249
[X] 3rd folder

This should be interesting. I'm curious as to see how Tori will deal with them. Will they get along? What will the new Marisa be like?

Find out on the next all-new exciting episode update of Dragonball Z Scarlet Future Universe!!

Couldn't help myself.
>> No. 36251
>>36249

Indeed, I'm curious myself. Especially about Alice.
How is she now? Is she in permanent loner mood, because the one she cared about died? Did she love previous Marisa? Why didn't Marisa seek to become magician? So many questions...
>> No. 36252
>>36251
Better question: How did the Saviors get their hands on Gigai research and technology? Patchouli and Alice are accounted for. The big ? is the orginal Nitori.

Something's amiss alright.
>> No. 36253
>>36252

Good question. In before "The original Nitori is the Big Bad!"
>> No. 36256
>>36253
I'd take one hell of an event for that to happen. Since I'd think Nitori of all people would want to support Remilia's efforts, more so since people want her in office.
>> No. 36259
>>36256

Well, it has been quite some time since then. And it does seem rather coincidental that the Gigi technology ended up in the Saviors' hands. So many mysteries on our hands...
>> No. 36264
3rd folder wins. writing now.

>>36249
I lol'd. Every time I hear someone say that it makes me laugh for some strange reason.

>>36259
>So many mysteries on our hands...

That's sorta the point.
>> No. 36275
Another question has arisen: Where are the Hakureis in this era? Are they merely typical priests/priestesses?

I hope in the future, there's a way to look up articles on stuff. I know not much plot-sensitive stuff would be revealed, but it'd be more for world building/Speculation baiting. For all we know it might be Aya's news website.
>> No. 36276
Too tired to write. I sleep for now and will update at later point.

>>36275
There will be a way to learn about the past. How else would Keine get a job in this world?
>> No. 36374
Taking out an enemy Gigi factory sounds like something that could use every available person. I’ve only met one of the people on this mission too, so this may be a good chance.

You walk back over to Remilia and hand her the folders of the other two missions.

“This mission sounds best to me.” Remilia takes the other two folders and puts them in a drawer of the desk she’s sitting at then turns back to you.

“Well then we’re done here. There’s a hanger number on the folder. Good luck and I’ve got a little surprise for you if you make it back from this.” She says with a slight smile on her sleepy face.

“I’ll be even more sure to come back then, bye.” You wave slightly and turn to leave as Remilia goes back to scrutinizing the monitors. The folder says you’re going to hanger 19, so you begin your way back down to the hangers. When you get there you stop off at the armory and the same man gathers you’re equipment for you. You notice that this time however all your previous ammunition is now corrosive, you have three pulse grenades, and there is a SMG silencer in your equipment belt. The man’s already gone by the time you have everything on, so you move out of the armory and down the hall to hanger 19. When you get there the door’s already open.

You walk in to see three people over near a plane that looks exactly the same as the one you used on the last mission. You immediately recognize Flandre, but the other two you haven’t seen before. One of the two you don’t recognize is wearing a French maid outfit with a skirt that stops just above her knees. She’s leaning against a box with her arms crossed and her eyes closed. The other is wearing a traditional witch’s outfit. You think you may have seen someone that looked just like her in a history book once. She’s pacing about impatiently occasionally glancing up from the ground. On one of the glances she spots you and starts to walk over, stopping a few feet away.

“You must be the new recruit that Meiling was talking about before.” She extends her hand before continuing with a smile on her face. “Names Marisa Kawagiri nice to meet ya.”

“I’m Nitori Nanashi, and it’s nice to meet you to.” You notice how delicate her features are now that you’re up close to her. Her hand felt like you could have broken it if all you did was squeeze a little harder. She was undoubtedly a beautiful human. Such smooth and soft skin, and flowing, glimmering blond hair. You do notice something strange about her eyes however. One of her eyes is a deep purple and the other one is bright gold.

“So now we’ve got another person on the team huh. Good thing, we’re going to need all the help that we can get, ze~. Now if Alice would stop lazing about we could get moving. I’m gonna go look for her, you stay here.” She walks off before you can say another word. You just shrug and shake your head a bit before walking further in to greet the others. She seems like quite the interesting person.

As you near the others Flandre spots you and waves happily. You wave in kind as you near.

“Hi’ya Tori, it’s nice to see you again. Are you on this mission too~? I hope you are. I like it when my friends do things with me, even if it is a mission. Have you met Sakuya yet? She’s the one standing right there ignoring you even though she knows you’re here. She likes to do mean things like that for some reason. I think it might be because she…”

“Mistress, please stop. You’re going off on one of your rants again.” The maid, Sakuya, says still without looking up. Her voice has the authority and refinement of Remilia’s except slightly deeper in tone and sounds much less used.

“Oh, right sorry. I’ll stop now. You could not be mean to Tori though, she is my friend.” Sakuya looks up at this and gives you possibly the most piercing gaze you’ve ever felt in your life. It feels like it lasts for minutes even though you know it only lasted a few seconds before she closes them again and pushes herself upright. Upright like this you see that she’s almost the exact same height as you, maybe a little shorter. When she opens her eyes again they aren’t as piercing, but still retain a sort of unfriendly glare. She has a very intimidating aura around her as she speaks.

“If my mistresses are willing to keep you around then I have no place to object. However, I don’t carry the same insight as them. I don’t trust you. For all I know you could be a spy, or someone here to hurt the mistresses. Just remember that if you do anything funny I’ll know.” She narrows her eyes at the last part, and with that she walks off and goes inside the ship, leaving you with the impression that it might be a bad idea to piss her off. You decide that she’s right though, she really has no way of knowing your true objectives here. She could have been a little nicer about it though. It’s not like I’ve done anything wrong yet.

“Please don’t feel too angry with Sakuya. She’s always like that. Anyway, here come Marisa and Alice. Let’s go say hi, kay~.” Flandre starts to pull you with surprising strength towards the couple. You can here Marisa talking about seemingly random subjects, but Alice doesn’t seem to be responding at all. Maybe that’s a normal exchange for them. Marisa looks kind of like she’s trying to be annoying. As you walk up Alice stops and looks straight at you. You can’t read her look at all, but you do notice how her eyes are a different color every time you look at them. Without looking away she speaks.

“Marisa…” The girl stops talking and turns, “… will you please shut up so I can concentrate?” Marisa just shrugs and walks past you to the ship giving you a pat on the shoulder and a wink as she passed. You hear Alice mumble something under her breath before continuing. You think that it was along the lines of, “At least this one shuts up when you ask.”

“So you’re the one Patchouli spoke of? It’s nice to meet you.” She doesn’t make any gestures, but keeps staring. Her stare wasn’t really unnerving, just that it seemed almost hollow.

“Yes I am, and I assume that you’re Alice Margatroid. It’s nice to meet you as well.” You take a moment to look her over. She’s wearing a blue and red dress that reached to her ankles, and has a white shawl around her shoulders. She had a red hair band in her short, golden colored hair. She was holding a small book to her chest with her left arm while the other hung at her side. Her skin looked much like Marisa’s, except that Alice had that kind of Youkai look to hers.

“I’m sorry if I seem lifeless right now. The new kind of doll I made takes a lot out of me to control, and I’ve only had time to recover some of my strength.” Okay then, I’m definitely going to have to ask her about that later. It might be pointless to talk to her while she’s like this. Alice walks past you to the ship as well and you see that Flandre is already going inside it. You follow behind them and put your things in the small armory on the ship before going to the bridge. You take the only remaining seat and Sakuya states that it will take about two hours to get there, because she couldn’t go at top speed for fear of being spotted. The flip side of that is that you could move around in the ship. Marisa says that she’ll be in the armory and leaves before anyone can say anything. Alice also leaves to go do something, but she doesn’t state what. Flandre’s asleep in her chair, and Sakuya’s still sitting at the helm. She’s probably watching over the many gauges and sensors on the monitor in front of her. You’re getting a little bored after a few minutes of just sitting there.

[] just sit and rest. This chair’s pretty comfy.

[] talk to Sakuya.
-[] ask her something about the mission. Specify what.
-[] ask her a bit about herself. Specify what.

[] wake up Flandre to talk to.
-[] burn the image of her sleeping face into your memory first.
-[] write-in what to talk to her about.

[] go talk to Marisa.
-[] ask her a bit about herself. Specify what.
-[] specify something else to ask her.

[] Go find Alice.
***********

Stupid crappy internet connection made me update late. You can chose one character, but make as many write-ins as you want. I’m sorry if the number of write-ins is annoying, but they’re more fun to write most of the time.
>> No. 36375
>One of her eyes is a deep purple and the other one is bright gold.

Physically weak...one purple eye...Patchy, you ARE the great-great-grandmother!

[X] Burn the image of Flandre's sleeping face into your memory first.
[X] Talk to Sakuya
-[X] "Remilia told me that you'd be pretty untrusting of me. But if we're going to have any success on this mission, all four of us have to work together."
-[X] "I don't know exactly what it is I can do to earn your trust, much less expect you to tell me what it is I have to do. But I'm asking you to put your faith in me to do this. I refuse to let anyone down. We are going to accomplish this mission just fine. Kappa's honor."

Kind of cheesy, feel free to elaborate.
>> No. 36395
[X] Burn the image of Flandre's sleeping face into your memory first.
[X] Talk to Sakuya
-[X] "Remilia told me that you'd be pretty untrusting of me. But if we're going to have any success on this mission, all four of us have to work together."
-[X] "I don't know exactly what it is I can do to earn your trust, much less expect you to tell me what it is I have to do. But I'm asking you to put your faith in me to do this. I refuse to let anyone down. We are going to accomplish this mission just fine. Kappa's honor."

Sounds good to me, like the style of the writein also. Cheesy yeah, but I think it fits Nitori fairly well. Sakuya is definitely gonna be NIGHTMARE mode for awhile, relationship wise. Hope we get lucky on those Charisma rolls.
>> No. 36396
[X] Burn the image of Flandre's sleeping face into your memory first.
[X] Talk to Sakuya
-[X] "Remilia told me that you'd be pretty untrusting of me. But if we're going to have any success on this mission, all four of us have to work together."
-[X] "I don't know exactly what it is I can do to earn your trust, much less expect you to tell me what it is I have to do. But I'm asking you to put your faith in me to do this. I refuse to let anyone down. We are going to accomplish this mission just fine. Kappa's honor."

Im more interested in Alice, but we cant have one of our squads members mistrusting us. We have to have full support, if we want to get another excellent rank.
>> No. 36397
It'll be interesting to see if this is THE Sakuya and not a predecessor.
>> No. 36398
[X] Burn the image of Flandre's sleeping face into your memory first.
[X] Talk to Sakuya
-[X] "Remilia told me that you'd be pretty untrusting of me. But if we're going to have any success on this mission, all four of us have to work together."
-[X] "I don't know exactly what it is I can do to earn your trust, much less expect you to tell me what it is I have to do. But I'm asking you to put your faith in me to do this. I refuse to let anyone down. We are going to accomplish this mission just fine. Kappa's honor."

Delicious cheese~
>> No. 36403
[X] Burn the image of Flandre's sleeping face into your memory first.
[X] Talk to Sakuya
-[X] "Remilia told me that you'd be pretty untrusting of me. But if we're going to have any success on this mission, all four of us have to work together."
-[X] "I don't know exactly what it is I can do to earn your trust, much less expect you to tell me what it is I have to do. But I'm asking you to put your faith in me to do this. I refuse to let anyone down. We are going to accomplish this mission just fine. Kappa's honor."

>>36395

Even if she is, I wouldn't mind her being tsundere for us at all. I-it's not like I trust you or anything! Don't get any ideas!

Also, I'm still curious about Marisa 2.0 and how does Alice REALLY feel?
>> No. 36417
[X] Burn the image of Flandre's sleeping face into your memory first.
[X] Talk to Sakuya
-[X] "Remilia told me that you'd be pretty untrusting of me. But if we're going to have any success on this mission, all four of us have to work together."
-[X] "I don't know exactly what it is I can do to earn your trust, much less expect you to tell me what it is I have to do. But I'm asking you to put your faith in me to do this. I refuse to let anyone down. We are going to accomplish this mission just fine. Kappa's honor."

More than ever, we need a ridiculously high charisma roll.
>> No. 36438
Write-in for the win. Writtin now.
>> No. 36442
File 127311536831.jpg - (121.95KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 15.jpg ) [iqdb]
36442
Looks like your prayers have been answered.

Charisma- 17+20=37

Luck- 16+1+18=35
>> No. 36449
Hell yeah natural 20.
>> No. 36450
Have we ever failed a single damn roll?
>> No. 36451
>>36450

There was one time where we got utter failure, with average of 3.
>> No. 36469
>>36451

That time we were pitied, but it was still an epic fail. This one to be exact: >>35833
>> No. 36541
Sorry, but I have a lot of work to do so don't expect an update for two or three days. Stupid finals projects. ;_;
>> No. 36644
File 127346388862.jpg - (162.44KB , 800x727 , 407a6f41d31a6f2ca3b92fa12fad2e4af86697a7.jpg ) [iqdb]
36644
There are some things that I should clear up with Sakuya, buuuuuuut Flandre’s just a little too cute to not stare at for a few minutes. I’ll have to remember this later.

You spend the next five minutes slowly burning the image of the sleeping Flandre into your memory. You could have sworn you saw her smile deviously at some point, but it was too hard to tell for sure. Now that that’s never going away you do have something of moe importance to do though. You begin to speak with surprising resolve from your seat.

“Sakuya, can we talk?”

“I don’t see why not, what about?” She speaks without even moving and with a slightly irritated edge to her voice.

“The mission.”

“And what about the mission?”

“About your attitude towards my involvement.”

“*sigh* Please get to the point already.”

"Remilia told me that you'd be pretty untrusting of me. But if we're going to have any success on this mission, the five of us are going to have to work together."

No Response. You decide to go on.

"I don't know exactly what it is I can do to earn your trust, much less expect you to tell me what it is I have to do. But I'm asking you to put your faith in me to do this. I refuse to let anyone down. We are going to accomplish this mission just fine. Kappa's honor."

The room is dead silent for what seems like hours even though you knew it had only been a few seconds. You here Sakuya sigh again before responding.

“I’ve heard many Kappa say that…” She pauses a little before continuing, “… and not once have I seen one of those Kappa break that kind of promise. I even saw one die because of those words once. If you’re willing to say something like that, then I’m willing to put at least a little bit of my trust in you. If you go back on those words however, you do not know what kind of pain I can put you through. We are clear correct, Nitori?” Despite the threat you smile, you already know that you would never break those words.

“Of course we are.” You here Sakuya huff to herself before continuing.

“By the way Nitori, if I catch you so much as thinking about doing something… strange with Mistress Flandre, you won’t live to see another day.” Your cheeks immediately flush red the second she says that as just those thoughts pour into your head. You force them all out and resist the urge to look at Flandre again before speaking.

“I would never do anything like that.” At least not without her consent first. You here Sakuya laugh a very little bit at this.

“Hmm, I find it funny that you don’t say Kappa’s honor to that, Nitori. Now why might that be?” She laughs a little bit to herself as you search for your words again.

“I-I, we-well I…” You hear her begin to laugh a bit louder at your fretting.

“Just forget it for now, and remember that I’ll be watching you from now on.” The conversation ends there as Marisa returns with Alice in tow. You’d rather them not hear what was going on in here while they were elsewhere. There’s no more talking over the rest of the last fifteen minutes of the ride. You land quietly on the planet. This planet is mostly mountains and hills. You only saw one forest on the way in, and from where you landed you can see a very large factory on the mountain across from the one that you landed on. Sakuya begins to speak as the five of you stand up to go get you’re equipment.

“We will be split up into two teams for this mission. An infiltration team that will sabotage as much of the base as possible silently, and an assault team that will move in and attack when signaled by the other team. The infiltration team will be me and Alice, and the other team will be Marisa and Flandre.” You notice that your name was not called out.

“What about me Sakuya?”

“I have no idea how you fight, so I am unable to come up with a good spot for you. You can be on either team, but if you come with me you better not do anything stupid.”

Which team should you be on, and how do you set your equipment?

[] Infiltration team
[] Assault team

Primary weapon
- [] SMG
- [] SMG(silenced)
-- [] rapid fire or single shot
- [] Jester
-- [] slug, burst, or beam

[] anything else? Write-in.
>> No. 36645
Don't know about my vote just yet so I'm not casting it. Just wanted to say if we DO go infiltration we better use the SMG Silenced. Single shot should work best since I think silencers don't work so well with rapid fire (I'm definitely not a /k/ommando though). We have some abilities for stealth right, that one walking one I think?

Marisa and Flandre should be fine by themselves, comeon they're probably two of the biggest powerhouses in the universe!
>> No. 36648
[x] Infiltration team
[X] SMG(silenced)
-[X] single shot
[X] Remember: shoot 'em in the head!
>> No. 36650
>>36645
But I think we might have made persuing Flandre harder until we get it into Sakuya's head that we're not bad people.

[x] Infiltration team
[X] SMG(silenced)
-[X] single shot
[X] Remember: shoot 'em in the head!
>> No. 36651
[X] Infiltration team
[X] SMG (silenced)
-[X] Single shot

>Remember: shoot 'em in the head!
Headshots are for fools and expert marksmen. It's quicker and easier to inflict a fatal wound through double-tapped shots at the torso than going for the head.
>> No. 36653
>>36651
even if they're wearing body armor? And the point is stealth, not running around spraying ammo all over the place. This allows us to be a bit more methodical about things than normal.
>> No. 36656
>>36651

There's the off chance that they could be wearing body armor. There has to be SOME precaution involved since it's a Gigi factory. Besides, we have Sakuya and Alice with us as well. Headshots the majority of the time are instant kills, but we probably don't have the weapon experience to snipe perfectly. So...

[X] Infiltration team
[X] SMG (silenced)
-[X] Single shot
[X] Take your shots carefully - ensure that you don't have to shoot more than twice

We may impress Sakuya by being more careful and not trying to be a show-off by constantly gunning for the head. Besides, we have a time mage and a magician on our side.

I'm suddenly reminded of the Modern Wafare mission with Captain MacMillan in Captain Price's flashback. How awesome would a double, or even a triple snipe scene be?
>> No. 36658
CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP
>> No. 36660
>>36658

We have all corrosive rounds.

[X] Infiltration team
[X] SMG (silenced)
-[X] Single shot
[X] Take your shots carefully - ensure that you don't have to shoot more than twice
>> No. 36680
[X] Infiltration team
[X] SMG (silenced)
-[X] Single shot
[X] Take your shots carefully - ensure that you don't have to shoot more than twice
[x]Also set Jester to burst, for just in case.
>> No. 36682
[X] Infiltration team
[X] SMG (silenced)
-[X] Single shot
[X] Take your shots carefully - ensure that you don't have to shoot more than twice

[x]Also set Jester to burst, for just in case.
>> No. 36686
[X] Infiltration team
[X] SMG (silenced)
-[X] Single shot
[X] Take your shots carefully - ensure that you don't have to shoot more than twice
[x]Also set Jester to burst, for just in case.

Here's the winner, writing now.

>>36656
What about a quad? Seriously though, your SMG doesn't have enough power to pierce through someone.
>> No. 36857
>>36686

A quad is fine, too...but there's a guarantee that at least one will work the wrong way ;_;
>> No. 36867
>>36857
Not if you spawn snipe on highrise like a jackass. In the story though, you're probably right.

I'm really sorry that there hasn't been an update recently, but the next day after I said I was writting I was slammed by a wall of projects and reviews for finals. I've been writting, just not on the story. I've only got 7 days before the projects are due, and I'll be finished with exams after 19. I'll try and update whenever I can.
>> No. 36869
>>36867
Its cool. As long as you tell us whats going on, we can wait.
>> No. 37111
File 127397583637.jpg - (49.49KB , 600x495 , Patient_Bear.jpg ) [iqdb]
37111
>>36867
>> No. 37137
File 127398686443.jpg - (615.35KB , 1000x1000 , 48b7448844fa41eed981dbc498b46eb4a41a4e6a.jpg ) [iqdb]
37137
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI0jAW7s0YY&feature=related

Just a little treat for waiting so politely.
>> No. 37142
The infiltration team sounds best to me. I’d rather not be one of the main targets, and this might give me the chance to impress Sakuya.

“I’ll go with the infiltration team on this. I think that I ‘d be better suited for it.” Sakuya seems to be a bit surprised at this.

“Then just remember what I said, and don’t go against my orders for any reason.” With that the five of you leave the ship. You, Alice, and Marisa stop off at the armory to get your weapons first, and come out last. Alice has strapped the book from before onto a belt and is carrying a large pulse sniper rifle with her. She isn’t carrying any other weapons though so you wonder how she would do in anything other than long range. Marisa however you believe couldn’t be packing anything more dangerous. She’s holding in her hands a weapon that you couldn’t even place the name of. It looks like a cross between a beam emitter and a light machine gun. It’s connected to a small, unmarked tank on her back that you could only guess was some kind of unstable combination of chemicals. Any kind of weapon these days that needed an exterior power source you should be very afraid of. She also has multiple types of grenades strapped on, two energy pistols, and whatever that eight sided thing was that she stuck in her hat that you felt extremely large waves of magic flowing out of before she put it away. All those weapons made you feel under armed, but then again all Sakuya had were a bunch of knives made of multiple different metals strapped to her. And when you looked at Flandre you saw that she wasn’t even carrying a weapon of any sort. Ugh, so many different fighting styles.

“We’re going to have to descend this mountain first, because if we fly they will likely spot us. It is highly probable that there will be patrols in the valley between the mountains, and on the way up to the factory itself. Keep your eyes and ears open. Nitori, I heard from Meiling that she taught you something that would be very useful to us at this time. I suggest that you use it. The assault team should stay behind the infiltration team for now, keeping one of us in sight at all times. Once we kill one patrol we will have to move as fast as we possibly can without detection. If everyone’s ready than we move out now, and no talking on the way.” With the last comment Sakuya pointedly looks at Marisa who seems to panic a little.

“I promise I learned my lesson Sakuya, haven’t I already told you that it won’t happen again?”

“Indeed you did, but you’ve broken many promises like that before.”

“Well then what the hell do you want me to say?”

“I don’t want you to say anything, just shut up.” You here Marisa grumble a little bit, but she doesn’t say anything else. You nod to Sakuya as she looks over at you, and Alice and Flandre do the same. That’s when you notice that Flandre looks a little different than before. Well she looks the same, but her eyes are squinted, and you notice that you can’t feel her aura anymore. Then you notice another thing about her. She’s a vampire and yet she’s standing in direct sunlight. It doesn’t even seem to bother her at all. Well that’s interesting. There’s another thing to ask about later.

You start your trek down the mountain following a little bit to the left of Sakuya. There aren’t many trees in the area you’re in now, but you notice that the trees get denser the more you descend. You decide that now may be a good time to activate your enhanced vision like Sakuya said. Just as you do you look around below you and spot the red outlines of three humanoids. From hear you can still see Sakuya, so you try to wave her over. She seems to notice without even looking and walks silently over.

“What is it Nitori?” her voice is a whisper just loud enough to hear all her words.

“There’s a patrol up ahead, about 50 yards. Three humans. One of them looks like he’s talking on a radio. He’s probably checking in, so right after he’s done would be the best time to hit him. Gives us a more definite amount of time, right?” Sakuya closes her eyes for a second and when she reopens them she speaks.

“Correct, and they’re really there. Maybe you won’t be dead weight after all. Stay here for now, I’ll inform Alice. She’ll take care of this bunch, and if you spot anymore of them just say my name quietly. I’ll hear.” Before you can say another word she’s gone. You look all around you, but don’t see her at all even with your enhanced vision. You spot what you assume to be Marisa and Flandre a few yards behind where Sakuya was before, but you can’t find Alice or Sakuya. You decide that it’s best to just wait for whatever was going to happen, so you just go back to watching the humans. For a few minutes nothing happens. The one on the radio is still talking, and the other two are just standing around.

As soon as the one talking puts the radio away you see a laser fly in between the three of them and watch all three drop to the ground lifeless. You’re completely confused as to what just happened. You’d never known a gun that could kill someone without even hitting them. What kind of rifle was that?

“You look a bit confused Nitori, never seen that kind of weapon before. It’s a life force displacement rifle. They are very hard to make, and very very expensive. They only work against humans with low magical affinity. Right now we should get moving though. We’re almost half way there and I would say that we’ve got about five hours before our cover is blown.” You turn to see Sakuya standing over you again, and watch as she disappears right in front of your eyes. So many strange things about these people that I’m going to have to learn, eh. Oh well, the mission takes priority above all else. It’s time to get moving again. Better keep my eyes open for more patrols now too.

You’re almost to the valley now. You haven’t encountered any more patrols as of now… never mind there’s one nowwww, not. Wait what, they were just there, I know it. Where the hell did they go? Better see if Sakuya saw anything.

“Sakuya get over here.” Within seconds you hear her voice from behind you. How does she do that?

“What is it, another patrol?”

“Well there was one, but as soon as I spotted them they disappeared.”

“Hmm, that’s strange. Give me a second.”

“One…”

“Haha, very funny. You’re right, there are traces of movement up ahead, but no one to be seen. Be on your guard then, there may be another predator down here besides us. I’ll inform the other, you keep moving.”

“Right.”

[] Shapeshifter
[] Goddess
[] Swarm
[] Double vision
[] Actually… there’s nothing there.

Yay, I’m not done with my work yet! I wrote some of this every time I took a break.
>> No. 37147
[X] Goddess

The gut feeling does not lie. I think we're going to get along with Sakuya rather well.
>> No. 37152
What kind of being could make people vanish?

The only thing that comes to mind would be one of the three mischievous fairies, but if what Cirno said was true, there aren't any other fairies other than the strongest.

>[] Shapeshifter
Nue?

>[] Goddess
This might be trouble, though not sure how they could cause people to vanish.

>[] Swarm
No idea.

>[] Double vision
Only two things come to mind: Aya or Yuuka, both would be the last thing we want to run into if they're enemies.

After all, the only factions we've accounted for are the SDM, Forest of Magic, and Team 9. I almost dread which groups are working with the Saviors.
>> No. 37155
>>37152

To give Remilia's forces trouble, they'd have to be dealing with some pretty bad dudes. Not THOSE Bad Dudes! There are far too many possibilities here...Youmu and Aya have broken speed even for Gensokyo, Yuyuko's a ghost, Yuuka can duplicate herself...it's really about impossible to tell by what we've been given. But, nothing ventured...

[X] Shapeshifter

We're not dealing with any ordinary mooks here. And that swarm option reeks of walking right into an ambush.
>> No. 37159
The only ones I can think of that would work with the Saviours would be the Eientei group and Keine. Simply for the fact that they fit the 'more human than youkai' criteria.

Maybe Tenshi as well, just to remove boredom.

[X] Shapeshifter

If this is some sort of party recruitment option, this will be a good addition.
If this is a 'chose which type of boss you will face' option, well, lets go for it, befriending defeated enemies and all that. Also, doppelganger.
>> No. 37170
Was it really okay for me to use a criptic choice like this? If you guys want to know what swarm is just ask, most people probably wouldn't think of it and I just realized that.
>> No. 37172
[X] Shapeshifter

>befriending defeated enemies

So now we're Nanoha? Awesome! We need some kind of BEAM OF DOOM eventually.

>>37170

Well the choices seemed somewhat vague, since there's quite a few characters capable of doing that. But overall, the guessing is the fun part. Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.
>> No. 37173
>>37170
It's rather annoying outside of certain stories. Unless the story actually calls for it, I'd rather have my choices be straight forward.
>> No. 37174
[] Swarm = Wriggle?
I think.

[x] Goddess - voting for this.
Just because I'm curious how gods/goddesses are doing in this technological age.

And yes, I'm thinking we are voting for what to face.
>> No. 37175
>>37174

Wriggle's on our side, remember? She was one of our mission select partner choices.

[x] Goddess

If you count Sanae and Shinki, there are only 7 known goddesses in the Touhouverse. At least the possibilities are slightly narrowed down. Plus it doesn't hurt to befriend a goddess and have her on our side. At least, it won't hurt YOU
>> No. 37210
[X] Shapeshifter
>> No. 37211
And so Shapeshifter wins in the end.
>> No. 37244
File 127406816950.jpg - (140.03KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 16.jpg ) [iqdb]
37244
Charisma- 17+7=24
luck- 16+1+5=22

Looks like good luck doesn't last forever.
>> No. 37245
I wonder what did that. I’ll move up a bit for now, maybe I’ll be able to see something. You move to about the halfway point between where you were and where the humans were. You feel like something is watching you with every step now. It’s not really a menacing or evil feeling, just creepy. I wonder if that’s Sakuya, hehe?

“He-hey now Sakuya, that’s not very funny you know.” You’re voice comes off as more nervous than you would have liked.

“Is it now, and I was having all the fun in the world just watching you. Now it’s even better though. Now I know there are even more people to play with. I haven’t been able to play with anyone who actually could in quite a while. If I’m right, then I know this ‘Sakuya’ can play, buuut that’s enough about her. I wanna learn more about you little turtle. Why so far from the water on such a perfect day for swimming? Does it have something to do with those wretched humans, hmm?” The voice that you hear is very girly, and very scary. You feel like your ears are being completely filled by the sound. You decide you really don’t want to piss whatever this thing is off. But what does it mean by play? This thing seems to know about Sakuya too, and that worries me. What the hell should I be saying to this th…

“Com’on little turtle, I’ll get bored if you just sit there an’ think the whole time. Pleease… do tell.” Okay that’s really starting freak you out that her voice seems to be everywhere. What to do?

[] Write-in

The next few events will depend on the context of the write-in. I’m trying to keep the updates short for a while so that I can finish them during breaks. After the next update I’ll tell you who the Touhou’s from that choice were.
>> No. 37248
>>37244
>>37245

Those are both me, my computer didn't auto load my name into the name spot like it usually does. Sage for my stupidity.
>> No. 37251
[x] "Do you mean that Patrol? They were no friends of mine."

I have a question: are spell card duels known in history if they're not in use by this time? This is what I'd start with, but I need a bit more information before I could try to make more.

I get the feeling she's unaffiliated and anti-Savior if not anti-human.
>> No. 37255
>>37251
Nitori has no idea what danmaku is, but there are very few who do as it has become an obsolete form of fighting. There are still some people that know how to play though, mainly the remaining Touhou's.
>> No. 37256
>>37255
So it basically fell out of history books?
>> No. 37260
[x] "Do you mean that Patrol? They were no friends of mine."

good as anything.
>> No. 37261
Hmm...Koishi's starting to come to mind now

Pun not intended

[X] "That patrol up there? They're no friends of mine."
[X] "Haven't you ever heard the saying, 'slow and steady'? Besides, it's kind of hard to do anything when a disembodied voice is talking to you."
[X] "If I promise not to hurt you, will you show yourself?"

Here's my shot at it. Covers the bases in a general sense, but feel free to adjust as necessary.
>> No. 37262
I'll try to think of a way to cover the "play" angle, since this shapeshifter seems to find Tori a possible good playmate. Where's Flan when you need her?
>> No. 37266
>>37256
Basically yeah. I haven't come up with some big back drop story for how it went away, sorry.

>>37262
About 50-60 yards away.
>> No. 37282
[X] "That patrol up there? They're no friends of mine."
[X] "Haven't you ever heard the saying, 'slow and steady'? Besides, it's kind of hard to do anything when a disembodied voice is talking to you."
[X] "Let's make a deal then: If I do play with you, will you show yourself?"
>> No. 37286
>>37261
Add that to my >>37260
>> No. 37289
[x] "Do you mean that Patrol? They were no friends of mine."
[X] "Haven't you ever heard the saying, 'slow and steady'? Besides, it's kind of hard to do anything when a disembodied voice is talking to you."
[X] "If I promise not to hurt you, will you show yourself? Then we'll see about playing."

Makes sense to me. These guys have the right idea.
>> No. 37309
Writing now. Er, whenever I can.
>> No. 37313
“Do you mean that patrol? They were no friends of mine, in fact we haven’t even met before.” Where the hell did that come from… *shrug* Oh well, might as well go with it.

“Hmm, what if I said I don’t believe you? I’ve known many humans in my life, and almost all’a’them are completely untrustworthy. Just because you’re only half human doesn’t mean that you don’t have the same deviance. Actually, forget I even said tha’. I’m much more devious than a littl’ human, but really tell me. I’m already impatient.” The disembodied voice responds sounding a bit more irritated then before. That was starting to get on your nerves as well.

"Haven't you ever heard the saying, 'slow and steady'? Besides, it's kind of hard to do anything when a disembodied voice is talking to you."

“As a matter’a’fact I have, even tried it out for a bit. It just doesn’t fit my style all tha’ well; I’m not one to wait unless it’s for something superficially important. You are right about the disembodied voice thing though, it does make concentrating slightly more difficult. Well come’on littl’ turtle, humor me.” The voice sounds even more irritated then before. Kind of an interesting conversation though, plus if she wants me to humor her then fine.

"If I promise not to hurt you, will you show yourself? Then we'll see about playing." All you hear for a few seconds is silence.

“What, did I say something irritating?” You’re starting to get a little nervous now. The fact that you know that this thing is in control of the situation definitely doesn’t help. You feel a cold sweat on the back of your neck as the moments tick by. Just as you think you might be about to go back for Sakuya you hear the voice behind you. The voice is very quiet this time, and makes your muscles cringe when you hear it.

“Whoever said tha’ you…… HAD ANY CHANCE AT HURTING ME!!!” The voice becomes much louder and bestial after the pause. You silently hope that the others heard that. Whatever this thing was, you already knew that you had no chance against it under these circumstances. When you hear the voice next it’s back to what it was before it changed volumes.

“If you turn around, I’ll kill you. Now that we have that settled, can we ge’ back to our conversation? I’d like to know your name half-breed.” Something slimy and tentacle like wraps itself around your neck, and you hear the girl, you think, laugh as you shudder.Crap

[] Fight back, see if you can’t turn around.
[] Just wait it out, don’t ask or answer any questions.

Maybe you should try to talk your way out…
[] Answer her questions with lies
[] Answer her questions with the truth
[] Answer her questions with lies and ask her questions of your own
[] Answer her questions with the truth and ask her questions of your own
[] write-in the questions you ask if you pick either of the last two

I’ve always thought of Nue’s accent as a bit Scottish for some odd reason. If it’s irritating enough people I’ll stop, but that’s explaining her odd dialog. There will be another roll for the next update, but for this one I used the same rolls because it was basically the same few minutes.
>> No. 37314
Here are the Touhou's from that choice if you so chose to want to know. Shapeshifter I don't think that I have to say.

Goddess- Suwako

Swarm- Nazrin

Double Vision- Aya
>> No. 37315
[x] Answer her questions with the truth and ask her questions of your own.
-[x] "May I ask your name then?"
-[x] "You seem to sense I'm part kappa yet you don't find that trust worthy? Has a Kappa betrayed you in the past?"
-[x] "What did you mean by 'play'? I faintly remember my parents telling tales of my namesake's adventures among others"

I kinda figured while she might not have heard of spell card duels or danmaku, but I think she'd have heard some general tales of the past.
>> No. 37317
>Nue
>Scottish accent

Rather...interesting portrayal there, SS.

>Something slimy and tentacle like wraps itself around your neck, and you hear the girl, you think, laugh as you shudder.

Not sure if I like where this is going.

[x] Answer her questions with the truth and ask her questions of your own.
-[x] "May I ask your name then?"
-[x] "You seem to sense I'm part kappa yet you don't find that trust worthy? Has a Kappa betrayed you in the past?"
-[x] "What did you mean by 'play'? I faintly remember my parents telling tales of my namesake's adventures among others"

>Suwako

Would have been pretty interesting to see.

>Nazrin

Certainly wasn't expecting that.

>Aya

...SDA could always a spy.
>> No. 37318
>>37317
I get the feeling the 4 characters have varying affiliations.
>> No. 37319
[x] Answer her questions with the truth and ask her questions of your own.
-[x] "May I ask your name then?"
-[x] "You seem to sense I'm part kappa yet you don't find that trust worthy? Has a Kappa betrayed you in the past?"
-[x] "What did you mean by 'play'? I faintly remember my parents telling tales of my namesake's adventures among others"

>Nue
>Scottish accent
I rather like the idea strangly.
>> No. 37320
>Nue
>Scottish accent

You are now reading Nue's lines in the voice of the Demoman...manually.
>> No. 37329
[x] Answer her questions with the truth and ask her questions of your own.
-[x] "May I ask your name then?"
-[x] "You seem to sense I'm part kappa yet you don't find that trust worthy? Has a Kappa betrayed you in the past?"
-[x] "What did you mean by 'play'? I faintly remember my parents telling tales of my namesake's adventures among others"
>> No. 37331
[x] Answer her questions with the truth and ask her questions of your own.
-[x] "May I ask your name then?"
-[x] "You seem to sense I'm part kappa yet you don't find that trust worthy? Has a Kappa betrayed you in the past?"
-[x] "What did you mean by 'play'? I faintly remember my parents telling tales of my namesake's adventures among others"
>> No. 37335
>Not sure if I like where this is going.

It's not like I'm going to write tentacle rape if that's what you're implying.

I'm glad to see that everyone finds my Nue interesting.
>> No. 37345
>>37335

The thought did cross my mind, but I didn't think you'd be one to write that kind of scene right then especially with Flan that close, with her witnessing it resulting in mass destruction all over. Not that stuff blowing up is ever a bad thing.
>> No. 37350
File 127423183870.jpg - (138.24KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 17.jpg ) [iqdb]
37350
Charisma- 17+20=37

Luck- 16+1+15=32
>> No. 37351
What would be the point in lying to this thing anyway? Might as well see if I can’t start that conversation up again too. It’s not like I’m doing anything else right now.

“My names Nitori Nanashi, most people just call me Tori though. If you don’t mind me asking what would your name happen to be?” The grip around your neck tightens a little bit before relaxing.

“Name’s Nue, Nue Houjuu. Why do you want’a know?”

“No particular reason other than that you could kill me at any second, and you’re the only person around to talk to in case that happens.” You here the girl, Nue, start to laugh again from behind, but this time it’s not nearly as sadistic sounding.

“I guess you really are half turtle aren’t chya.” She keeps laughing after that giving you a bit more time to think.

“Actually, I was wondering about that too.” Nue’s laughter dies down when she hears this and she seems to be listening.

“You seemed to sense that I’m part Kappa yet you don’t find that trust worthy? Has a Kappa ever betrayed you in the past?” You hope that this doesn’t make her angry again. Once again the grip around your neck tightens almost to the point where you can’t breathe this time. This lasts for about a minute before you hear a sigh from behind you.

“I guess that you’ve got a good point there Tori. I’ve never even heard stories of a Kappa being untrustworthy. If you promise not to turn around then I’ll let go of you now. You seem more Kappa than human anyway.” Oh well that’s good to hear, could at least loosen the grip a little so that I can talk at all!

“What, are you not gonna’ say anythi-OH CRAP” As soon as you hear those words the coil around your neck falls off you and you fall to the knees to catch your breath.

“Um sorry ‘bout that, I wasn’t payin’ attention very well. Anyway, promise or it’s goin’ back on.” She says the last part rather forcefully, so it’s a good thing you were about to do just that.

“Yeah, *cough-cough* I promise I won’t. *cough*” Your voice comes off as ragged and slightly irritated now.

“Good, I don’t really like to hold people hostage. Usually I just kill ‘em off, but there was somethin’ different ‘bout you that made me think it might be a waste to do tha’.” She’s speaking a bit more friendly now, as if you just broke down some kind of wall by convincing her you were a Kappa at heart and in mind. Or rather… anything that wasn’t a human I guess.

"One more thing I wanted to know, what did you mean by 'play'? I faintly remember my parents telling tales of my namesake's adventures among others" In truth you were deeply intrigued by this.

“By ‘play’ I meant a spell card duel. Back when Gensokyo was Gensokyo there was a way to battle without ever actually hurtin’ someone, but it was more of a game really. It was called spell card dueling or Danmaku. Two people would fly up into the air and continuously shoot at each other with multi-colored magic until both sides ran out’a’spells, or one side got too tired to go on. We all had our own patterns for our attacks, and our own look for our magic, and it was all around fun for everyone. As a plus too no one could ever die from it. It was really fun for most, and really cool to watch too. What with all those patterns of different colored light filling the sky. There aren’t many people around who even still have the potential to play, and those who do are usually too busy doing other things to want to play. AHA, so that’s why I stopped myself from killing you. I somehow instinctually knew that you might be able to play. Hmm, interesting.” She sounds lost in her own train of thought now. You feel the erg to turn around, but you quickly push that thought away. You really don’t want to get killed by this girl. Suddenly her voice pierces the silence again.

“Hey Tori, would you mind introducing me to that Sakuya person, and whomever those others are that are with you.”

“Uhm…”

[] “Sure, but only if I get to turn around.”
[] “I don’t think right now would really be the best time to do that.”
[] Write-in?
>> No. 37355
>Charisma=37

Let's see...

[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask two favors of you in return."
-[X] "One, you have to help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "And two...you have to let me turn around and see you in person."

Exploiting the absurdly high charisma stat to persuade others to join us should work out.
>> No. 37361
>>37355

[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask two favors of you in return."
-[X] "One, help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "And two...let me turn around and see you in person."

Excluded 'you have to'. As that sounds too demanding and potentially offending to someone who holds our life in their hands.
>> No. 37364
[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask two favors of you in return."
-[X] "One, help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "And two...let me turn around and see you in person."

i suppose our good char roll would fix any "mis understandings"...
>> No. 37368
[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask a favor of you in return."
-[X] "I ask of you to help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "If you do choose to help me, there's one thing I would like as well: I would like to at least view the face of my benefactor who was gracious enough to help me accomplish this mission. Plus, it will be far less awkward to introduce you to my friends if I were able to view your true shape. If you don't want to, then I understand."

I don't think flat out stating that she has to show us will go over too well. She'll probably want reasoning behind those favors, lest she think we're just being selfish--like a human. By giving her a choice on the matter, it leaves a bit more room for Nue to make a decision on this matter rather than giving her such a critical ultimatum on her end of the deal, since I'm guessing she is hiding her true form from us for a reason we don't know yet, so we can throw it out there, just don't force it on her.
>> No. 37370
[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask a favor of you in return."
-[X] "I ask of you to help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "If you do choose to help me, there's one thing I would like as well: I would like to at least view the face of my benefactor who was gracious enough to help me accomplish this mission. Plus, it will be far less awkward to introduce you to my friends if I were able to view your true shape. If you don't want to, then I understand."
>> No. 37371
[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask a favor of you in return."
-[X] "I ask of you to help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "If you do choose to help me, there's one thing I would like as well: I would like to at least view the face of my benefactor who was gracious enough to help me accomplish this mission. Plus, it will be far less awkward to introduce you to my friends if I were able to view your true shape. If you don't want to, then I understand."
>> No. 37381
[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask a favor of you in return."
-[X] "I ask of you to help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "If you do choose to help me, there's one thing I would like as well: I would like to at least view the face of my benefactor who was gracious enough to help me accomplish this mission. Plus, it will be far less awkward to introduce you to my friends if I were able to view your true shape. If you don't want to, then I understand."
>> No. 37383
I do hope this doesn't backfire on us.
>> No. 37386
Anonymous 10/05/19(Wed)14:51 No. 37385
>>37383

There's a risk in every option/write-in. It's weighng pretty heavily on that high charisma roll, but Nue doesn't intend to let us go that easily. If it doesn't go well, Nue already finds us interesting, so I don't think that she'll kill us on the spot. Strangle us for a while, maybe, but not outrightly kill us. But there's no harm in trying, at least. Nothing ventured, after all. If all goes well, we'll have a shapeshifter on our team, which is always good.

[X] "Um...Nue, was it? I'm actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here."
[X] "But I'll tell you what: I'll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must ask a favor of you in return."
-[X] "I ask of you to help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back."
--[X] Should she ask why should she help..."The Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to cause havoc in this world--not unlike some humans out there."
-[X] "If you do choose to help me, there's one thing I would like as well: I would like to at least view the face of my benefactor who was gracious enough to help me accomplish this mission. Plus, it will be far less awkward to introduce you to my friends if I were able to view your true shape. If you don't want to, then I understand."
>> No. 37438
I'm to lazy to go roll again, so lucky you.
>> No. 37522
I've got a lot of shit going on the next few days so I might not post for a while. Also, if I suddenly disappear for a couple of weeks I just want to give you a heads up that I'm having some problems, and I'll be back as soon as I can. I can promise you that I will be back, I would never leave one of my stories unfinished if I have a choice in the matter. I'm really sorry, but I've just got too many problems to write at the moment.
>> No. 37626
>>37522

Thank you for telling us. We shall wait for your return.
>> No. 37766
“Um… Nue, was it? I’m actually on a very careful mission to infiltrate a factory close to here, but I’ll tell you what: I’ll be happy to introduce you to Sakuya and my friends, but I must a favor of you in return.”

“Well I guess it jus’ depends on what the favor is then.” Her voice prompts you to go on.

“I ask of you to help me sabotage that factory. The Saviors, as they call themselves, have taken over it and we must take it back.” You feel a slight edge enter your voice when you’re finished. You hope she didn’t hear that.

“‘As they call themselves’ huh, sounds like you’ve got a littl’ somethin’ against ‘em.” So she did notice your voice.

“Well yes, the Saviors are corrupt, immoral beings who will stop at nothing to wreak havoc on this and many other worlds—not unlike some humans.” You felt it alright to let your emotions slip a little bit there.

“Are these Saviors humans?”

“From what I’ve seen and heard they are almost all humans.” When Nue replies you can feel the malice in her voice.

“So you mean the group of evil humans that ‘ad invaded my quaint littl’ home on this planet ‘ere, stole everything from it, an’ burned it to the ground are the ones tha’ you’re planning on killin’ this very moment. If you want another person to help you kill ‘em then you’ve got one. Just lead me there and I’ll tear apart all’a’them limb from limb then feed the remains to those jackass robots that they’ve got. Then I’ll go and destroy those too.” Destroyed her house, now that’s just mean.

“Them I’m happy to take your assistance, and actually would you mind doing one other favor.”

“What?” You can still feel some of the anger in her voice.

“I would like to at least view the face of my benefactor who was gracious enough to help me accomplish this mission. Plus, it will be far less awkward to introduce you to my friends if I were able to view your true shape, but if you don't want to then I understand."

“My true shape no, but I don’ really mind if you see me in one of my many other forms. Just give me a second to change…… Alright, you can turn around now.” And so you do to find a girl that looks to be just barely into her teens. If you were standing then she would come up to around your breasts in height. She’s wearing a black one piece with a red bow around her neck. The skirt ends about halfway down her thighs where a pair of black thigh highs begin and go all the way down to her red shoes. Her sleeves go halfway to her elbow then stop to give you a view of her smooth skin, which is a little bit tanned. Her dress tells you that her breasts are a bit small, but were proportional to the rest of her body. She has short black hair, and her eyes are a deep shade of red. Or purple, I can’t remember right now. However her most peculiar traits are her wings, and the light blue snake that’s coiled around her arm. The wings on the right side of her body are red and the end half of them look like blades, and her other side possesses blue tentacle like wings with arrow points on the end. It takes you a second to notice that you’ve been staring at her, but she doesn’t seem to have noticed. She speaks before you have a chance to.

“Is this form alright? Hmm, maybe I should use a smaller one considerin’ I’m about to be fightin’, and be a smaller target for the enemy.” Almost immediately she’s covered in a black cloud, and a second later. This time however looking more like an eight year old than a teenager. She’s about half the height she was before, her breasts are nonexistent, and her features are all around more childish. Her clothes are the same except the bow which doesn’t seem to have shrunk Good god she’s cute like that.

“There, tha’s bet’er. Time to lower the barrier I put around us and get moving.” Even her voice diverted to a child’s. D’aw she’s almost as cute as Cirno. You keep your thoughts to yourself however as she turns around and throws up her right arm. The snake around her arm glows for a second and then returns to normal. Nue turns and looks like she’s about to say something, but before she can there’s a blur of motion and you find yourself staring at Sakuya pinning Nue to the ground with one of her knifes at the back of her neck. Nue doesn’t seem all that concerned though as she proceeds to throw Sakuya off of her using her wings, sending Sakuya flying into a tree. She slams into the tree and falls to the ground with a grimace on her face. Nue’s already up by this time and she still has that creepy smile on her face.

Uh oh, This is not good. Sakuya doesn’t look all that happy and Nue looks like she’s slightly insane, and both look like they’re about to kill each other. I should figure out some way to stop this before it gets ugly.

[]write-in

Had just enough time to write this today. If anyone has any anything that they would like to say about my writing I would ask them to tell me now as I might be away for awhile. Well actually that’s a half lie. I’ll probably be here, It’s just that I won’t have the time to write.
>> No. 37767
[x] "Please calm down you two!"
[x] To Sakuya: "I've gotten her to help us out and she was just showing off"
[x] To Nue: "This is Sakuya, she was just protecting me.

I know this isn't the greatest but we should stop those two from fighting... at least until the mission's over.
>> No. 37775
[x] "Please calm down you two!"
[x] To Sakuya: "I've gotten her to help us out and she was just showing off"
[x] To Nue: "This is Sakuya, she was just protecting me.


Huzzah for high charisma! I was a bit skeptical about that write-in, but it looks like it worked, after all.

On another note...d'awwww, Sakuya DOES care, after all.
>> No. 37778
[x] "Please calm down you two!"
[x] To Sakuya: "I've gotten her to help us out and she was just showing off"
[x] To Nue: "This is Sakuya, she was just protecting me.
>> No. 37783
Also the form we know Nue as IS her true form. (That's why she ended up attacking the heroine in UFO's extra), but calling it a untrue form works because no one would doubt it.
>> No. 37784
>>37783
I haven't played UFO all the way through yet because I just downloaded it at around the same time I got all this work. I didn't think that the way we all know her was her true form, so I made that just another untrue form and I'm not changing that now. I've got this really big thing set up about her true form in the story.
>> No. 37786
>>37784
You should try to read the wikia sometime as to avoid things like this.
>> No. 37787
>>37786
Sounds like a good idea, thanks.
>> No. 37793
[x] "Please calm down, both of you!"
[x] To Sakuya: "I've gotten her to help us out and she was just showing off by placing the barrier around me. There was a slight misunderstanding at first, but she’s not here to harm us."
[x] To Nue: "This is Sakuya, she was just protecting me. I know that she’s the one that you want to fight, but can you please save it for after we’re done with this mission.”

Just a slight revision.
>> No. 37794
[x] "Please calm down, both of you!"
[x] To Sakuya: "I've gotten her to help us out and she was just showing off by placing the barrier around me. There was a slight misunderstanding at first, but she’s not here to harm us."
[x] To Nue: "This is Sakuya, she was just protecting me. I know that she’s the one that you want to fight, but can you please save it for after we’re done with this mission.”
>> No. 37796
[x] "Please calm down, both of you!"
[x] To Sakuya: "I've gotten her to help us out and she was just showing off by placing the barrier around me. There was a slight misunderstanding at first, but she’s not here to harm us."
[x] To Nue: "This is Sakuya, she was just protecting me. I know that she’s the one that you want to fight, but can you please save it for after we’re done with this mission.”
>> No. 37811
Writing whenever I can.
>> No. 38515
My exams are now finished and I have no more problems to attaend to at the moment, so there will be an update by late monday.
>> No. 38721
>>38515

> late monday

> currently thursday

Get back to work nigger.
>> No. 38726
>>38721
Yes, I am getting back to work. The reason why I haven't updated is because I'm a dumbass and I'd rather not explain the rest of the story.
>> No. 38733
File 127621166194.jpg - (139.22KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 18.jpg ) [iqdb]
38733
Your luck really does scare me.

Strength- 14+20=34
Agility- 16+20=36
Intelligence- 18+3=21
Charisma- 17+18=35
Luck- 16+1+16=33
>> No. 38734
Sakuya is on her feet now and is staring straight at Nue, waiting for some kind of opening. It looks like she’s about to attack when you gather up the courage to stop them. You yell a bit loudly, but you hope quietly enough that no patrols would have heard.

“Please calm down, both of you!” They both look a bit surprised as they both give half of their attention to you. Although, they’re still glaring at each other as you speak.

“Sakuya, I've gotten her to help us out and she was just showing off by placing the barrier around me. There was a slight misunderstanding at first, but she’s not here to harm us.”

“And you,” You turn to Nue, “This is Sakuya, she was just protecting me. I know that she’s the one that you want to fight, but can you please save it for after we’re done with this mission.” The both of them are still glaring at each other and there’s a moment of extreme tension before, finally they both calm down. You can tell that Sakuya still has her guard up, but it doesn’t look like Nue still does. You let out a breath that you didn’t even notice that you were holding, relieved that there wasn’t going to be a fight between them. Well, not yet at least

“Who are you and what’s your motivation behind doing this?” It was Sakuya who spoke, frustrated and to the point.

“Names Nue Honjuu, and I believe that you’re Sakuya eh. I have two reasons for helpin’ you. First off bein’ that the humans in tha’ factory there are the one’s what destroyed my dwelling here a few days ago. Second bein’ that I wanna play with you, Sakuya.” Immediately Sakuya’s eyes narrowed to tiny slits and a knife appeared in one of her hands.

“I have no intentions of letting you play with me Nue.”

“Eww gross, not that kind of play. Gods what goes on in your mind. I meant Danmaku.” You could have sworn you saw Sakuya’s face turn bright red for a second, but if it did it disappeared before it was truly noticeable. She does put away her knife however and seems to calm down a bit more. She clears her throat before speaking.

“I haven’t played Danmaku in nearly sixty years Nue. Maybe that might actually be a bit of… fun. Fine, you can stick around if you want. You better not do anything you might regret later though.”

“And give up the chance ta play Danmaku again? Not a chance! If you’ll play with me later then I’ll do practically anything.” Sakuya seemed to think that she was speaking the truth and gave in finally.

“Alright then come with me. Nitori, you move on ahead and clear the rest of the valley. Wait for us at the beginning of the climb up the mountain.”

“See you later then.” You respond slightly cheerily. For some reason getting things to turn out the way you want just makes you happy. It’s time to get serious again though. You turn back on your enhanced vision and begin to move past the midpoint in the valley. About halfway to the mountain you see a two person patrol up ahead. One of the patrolmen breaks off from the other for some reason, but you could really care less as it makes it a lot easier to take them both out quietly. You decide to go for the one that left first.

The human doesn’t hear your approach as you creep till about 20 meters away. From here with your enhanced vision you could make a near perfect kill shot, so you begin to take aim on his vitals. Your position allows you to make a shot straight through his heart and lungs without hitting his arms. You steady yourself and pull the trigger… and the man falls, limp, to the ground. You only barely heard the shot go off. You think about contemplating just how weak humans can be as you begin to move towards the body, but decide against it as you’re partially one yourself.

When you reach the body you check to make sure that he is really dead, which he is, then see if there’s anything on him that may be of use to you. You find nothing and turn towards the other human to find him walking in your direction. You smile mischievously. Well this might be a little bit fun.

You jump up and hide in the leaves of the trees above you. He’s whistling as he walks up assuming that nothing is happening. He spots the body and you see him gasp and drop his gun, and before he has the time to do anything you drop down right in front of him. You smile evilly to add to the effect, and as he reaches for his radio you grab it from him and crush it with your hand before tossing it over your shoulder. The man looks absolutely terrified as you pull your gun up to his forehead. You’re about to pull the trigger when you think that he might know something useful about the base. Either way his fate is now yours to decide.

[] interrogate him
-[] layout of the factory
-[] defenses of the factory
-[] security of the factory

[] kill him how? Write-in

[] let him live

[] write-in anything else that you may want to say or do
**********

If you choose to interrogate him then you can only pick one of the three choices that are there. Write-in’s are very much appreciated.

I know that this is not enough after such a long break in writing, but it seemed like a good place to stop. I really want to write a badass MC, so that is what you’re getting when it comes to enemies. With friendlies however, I’ll keep the original personality. Oh, and sorry about not having a pic.
>> No. 38735
[X] interrogate him
-[X] Everything he knows about the base

> Your luck really does scare me.

Are you voting in this story Tewi?
>> No. 38736
>>38735

One other thing, since we're part youkai, will we be eating 'normal' humans?
>> No. 38737
>>38736
If you want to you can, and I'm willing to try and write it.
>> No. 38747
[X] Interrogate him
-[X] Everything about the base
[X] Kill him after you're done.
>> No. 38756
>>38736
I don't think Kappas were big on eating people, just if anything, ripping jewels from their asses.

[x] interrogate him
-[x] defenses of the factory
[x] Look into knocking him out for capture and futher interrogation.
-[x] If that isn't possible, A quick, painless execution.

I just don't see Tori as a bloodthirsty badass, competent yes, but someone who doesn't inflict undue pain.
>> No. 38762
>>38737

Do it.
>> No. 38767
>>38736
Plus given the setting and our nature as a half, I would have thought some of the cannibalism (not that it is, but you know what I mean) taboo would have rubbed off on the other races.

>>38756
Agreed. We knocked out the last guy we had in this situation. We've shown we value life a few times.

[x] interrogate him
-[x] layout of the factory
[x] Look into knocking him out for capture and futher interrogation.
-[x] If that isn't possible, A quick, painless execution.

I'm assuming here that we don't know anything about the layout already. We can derive some information about defences from that.
>> No. 38796
>>38767
I added that sub option since I fell if we can't capture him, he might prove to be a risk if left alive. But it's better to try out non-lethal methods on disarmed/held up enemies.
>> No. 38797
[x] interrogate him
-[x] defenses of the factory
[x] Look into knocking him out for capture and futher interrogation.
-[x] If that isn't possible, A quick, painless execution.

heres hoping it gets to painless execution.
Or one of the others kills him, reprimanding Nitori for being 'soft'.
>> No. 38804
[x] interrogate him
-[x] layout of the factory
[x] Look into knocking him out for capture and futher interrogation.
-[x] If that isn't possible, Melting Shower Kick a quick, painfulless execution.
>> No. 38875
Okay then how about we roll a die to not eat any human that we end up killing. A.k.a. letting our youkai side take over.
>> No. 38876
>>38875
I doubt that'd happen; Touhou Kappa are better known for being shy but friendly to humans than any acts of violence. Now if she was half basic or animal Youkai, there's a small chance of it being an issue.
>> No. 38885
>>38876
It's been years since the that point though. And Scarlet Servant said he would gladly write the part.
>> No. 38888
>>38885
Beings generally evolve, not degenerate.
>> No. 38890
[x] interrogate him
-[x] defenses of the factory and layout of the factory.
[x] Look into knocking him out for capture and further interrogation.
-[x] If that isn't possible, A quick, painless execution.

This wins. I decided to do both because of the tie. The knock-out write-in was actually an option that I forgot to put in there. And so I fail again.;_;

>>38756
Not a bloodthirsty badass, but badass nonetheless. This place needs more badassery, and I already have plans to change that in another story that I have ready to start up.

>>38875
>>38876 has it correct as to the reason that you don't have those already, because I was planning on doing that. I just couldn't think of a kappa eating someone, and that's why you don't.

>>38885
I said that I was willing to write it, not happy to. If the votes had gone that way then I would have written it as well as I could, but they didn't so it doesn't matter.

>>38888
Sometimes... I wonder about that.
>> No. 38908
Just a heads up for everyone, I will not be updating on either Mondays or Wednesdays from now until sometime in October. I have to take care of three of my cousins on those days for most of the day. Usually around eleven to twelve hours. I might have a little bit of time to write since I use a laptop, but I'm getting paid sixty bucks an hour. Needless to say I plan on doing a good job. Especially because one of them is just learning to walk and get into every damn thing he can reach. The other two are really good at listening though, so it shouldn't be that bad. Update by Thursday, and I actually mean that this time. Also, yay the site is back!
>> No. 39224
Wow, I get side-tracked way to easily. My friend let me borrow Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and the first thing I did was sit down on my couch and play the game for four days straight. I'm sorry THP, but I've beaten the game on every difficultly level now so I am now commencing writing for real. Sorry again, but that series just sucks me into its insanely hard strategy game depths and takes forever to let me out.
>> No. 39225
>>39224
you should have played PoR, since RD has stuff only unlocked w/ clear data from that.
>> No. 39228
>>39225
I have, but sadly whenever I try to load the data from PoR the game freezes up. I've also played and beaten TSS, the remake of SD, and RnK(Rekka no Ken, if you didn't know already). What is the extra content if you know? Seeing as I won't be getting it, though I would still like to know what it was.
>> No. 39230
>>39228
Let me guess, is your PoR data on easy? If so that's the problem. the US version fails to take into account the existence of easy mode. (In japan, PoR has normal, Hard, and Maniac; the last was replaced with easy in the US version)
>> No. 39231
>>39230
Hmm, I may have been trying to load the wrong file then. I have clear data in easy and normal, and I would have it in too hard if the Black Knight wasn't such an asshole. He always kills me even though I have Ike at level eighteen and Mist as a level nineteen valkyrie (I think that's what her second class is called, don't remember exactly) by the time you have to fight him. Anyway, thank you for telling me this, I really do appreciate it. I will try again once I'm done writing the update when I wake up from the sleep which I should be in right now.
>> No. 39622
He may know a couple of useful things about the base, so I should probably try to get those out of him before doing anything else. Should probably at least learn something about the layout and defenses of the base.

“Hmm~, can’t say that I’m all that fond of humans, boy, do you think that you might know anything that could help you out of this little mess you’re in. Your friend didn’t, but just maybe you will.” You don’t think that he’ll notice the fact that you didn’t question the other human.

“I-I don’t have to tell some stinking youkai a d-damn thing.” He says his voice a little quiet. You could tell that he was afraid, so you decide that maybe a little push might be enough to get him talking.

“Oh really…” You grab his shoulder and spin him around roughly, then kick him into a nearby tree. Wasting no time you grab both his wrists in one hand and put your gun to his left temple. You lean in on him and run your fangs over his neck before whispering in his ear.

“I think that you’re going to tell me every last ‘damn thing’ that you know about that factory up there, or I’ll make you know what it feels like to be eaten… alive.” Of course, you would never really do that. That’s a little too cruel, and plus hearing him scream the whole time would not be pleasant. However, he doesn’t know that, and the fact that his body is now cringing from fear confirms that. His response is quick and his voice is full of fear.

“A-Alright! Alright, e-everything I know is on the PDA in my pocket!” You throw your gun to the other side of the clearing to give yourself a hand to work with. Sure enough it’s there, but you’re not stupid enough to just turn it on. You’d need to take a few moments to check and get rid of any kind of security software. You take a few moments to think about your options here, but before you can act you hear a familiar voice from behind you.

“I think I can handle him while you get what we need out of that.” You don’t even need to turn your head to tell that it was Sakuya behind you. Things just keep getting better. You laugh to yourself a little bit before talking.

“So the maid wants to have some fun too. Hmm hmm, alright then. Here you go, take him.” You turn and kick him towards Sakuya much the same way you kicked him into the tree, but with less force. Sakuya seems to catch on quickly to what you’re doing to him. She catches him by grabbing onto the top of his head as he falls in front of her. She lets him fall to his knees before pulling his head backwards so that she could see his face as she flicks her free hand up to his new sightline which is holding one of her many knifes. There’s evil grin on her face as she switches her grip on the knife and puts it very close to his neck. Wait a second. Wouldn’t a hostage be useful for later? What if he has more information that could be useful to us?

“I didn’t think that you were going to take the pleasure of killing him now. I was going to keep him for dinner later in the week.” You put on a mock pout as you try to convey your message to Sakuya cryptically. She seems to get the message.

“*sigh*, you already have all your meals for the next month. You should be okay without this one meal, besides he doesn’t look all that tasty anyway.” And you receive her message in return.

“Alright, just don’t make too much noise if at all possible.” And you send another one back.

“Of course, I’m not really in the mood for that either.” The man seems to catch on to that last message as he intakes more air then he had been before. He’s about to scream, but as his face makes the motions for it you hear nothing. You look down and notice a deep slice all the way across his throat, a thin trail of blood leaking from one side. He falls to the ground silently, and Sakuya just as silently leans down to take a look through his belongings. Sakuya’s knives are quite sharp indeed. I hope she never turns those on me.

Before Sakuya can notice that you’re staring at her you get to work on the device in your hands. It is easier than you expected to hack the PDA and before long you’re viewing a detailed map of the facility. The map also shows the location of all the patrols in and outside of the facility. You also note the two activated Gigi near the main entrance. You can’t tell what kind of Gigi they are, but it is still good to know that they are there. You’re about to check once more for anything else that may be useful when you hear Sakuya’s voice.

“It’s nice to know that some people still know how to not kill someone too. Restraint is something that many people currently lack. Thank you for asking me before I killed him.” She seems to have a genuine smile on her face as she speaks, so you return the smile while nodding. “It’s also nice to know that you know how to interrogate effectively, and that your methods are much the same as mine. You’re much better than I thought you would be when we met. I’m going to have a few questions for you about that when this is over. Though I do have one that I can’t hold off on. When did you learn to do it like that, I mean that’s not part of the regular training for a soldier, so how?” She seems very interested in how you learned to do what you do. Come to think of it how did you learn to do that?

[] You really don’t know, it just kind of comes to you naturally. Tell her that.

[] Well she asked why not tell her, “My mother taught me.”

[] “Do you know who Tom Clancy was, I learned the basics from an old series of books and games called Splinter Cell that was made by him. After that, I just added my own touches to the mix.”

[] write-in

Each choice will get a different reaction from Sakuya, which will effect one of the events when you get back to the SDM. There’s only one choice that will not be good unless you come up with some insane write-in, and it may not be the one that you think it is. Oh, and you will be telling her about what you found on the PDA so don’t worry about that.

I will not give you some stupid excuse for not writing other than that I am lazy and that I have been slowly introducing my little sister to the wonderful world known as Japan, and Gensokyo along with it.(I won’t be introducing her to this site though, she’s too young still). However I am getting into the writing spirit again. If there are enough votes the next time that I check then I shall commence writing immediately.

… And now I sleep.
>> No. 39624
[x] "I really don’t know. It comes naturally when I try to bring it out. It wasn't until recently that I've started to do just that to play upon their fears of Youkai."
-[x] "It's scary how easy and enjoyable tapping into that is. But don't worry, I know the mission comes first."

I figured this would be better.
>> No. 39627
[X] “Do you know who Tom Clancy was? I learned the basics from an old series of books and games called Splinter Cell that was made by him. After that, I just added my own touches to the mix.”
[X] It all just kind of came naturally when I brought all that out. It wasn't until recently that I've started to do just that to play upon their fears of Youkai."
-[x] "It's scary how easy and enjoyable tapping into that is. But don't worry, I know the mission comes first."
>> No. 39628
[X] “Do you know who Tom Clancy was? I learned the basics from an old series of books and games called Splinter Cell that was made by him. After that, I just added my own touches to the mix.”
[X] It all just kind of came naturally when I brought all that out. It wasn't until recently that I've started to do just that to play upon their fears of Youkai."
-[x] "It's scary how easy and enjoyable tapping into that is. But don't worry, I know the mission comes first."
>> No. 39633
>>39627
I suspect the tom clancy choice might make Sakuya facepalm, just a feeling I have.
>> No. 39636
No reason to lie to her, so I might as well just tell her the truth.

“Do you know who Tom Clancy was, I learned the basics from an old series of games and books called Splinter Cell that was made by him. After that, I just added my own touches to the mix.” Sakuya doesn’t say anything so you decide to elaborate a bit further.

“It all just kind of came naturally when I brought all that out. It wasn't until recently that I've started to do just that to play upon human fears of Youkai." Sakuya starts to laugh to herself a bit as she starts to rub her forehead as if trying to get rid of a headache or trying to remember something.

“Yes I remember that series of his now. Not my personal favorite by him, but they were quite good. In fact I think I might still have them. Not where I learned it from, but that would definitely be a good place to start for something like that.” She smiles lightly at you again as she says this.

“I found it to be, but it's scary how easy and enjoyable tapping into that is. Don't worry though, I know the mission comes first."

“Quite scary when you think about it enough. It’s still a good skill to know, and I can already tell that you know what comes first. Hmm, maybe I should introduce you to the Prismrivers?” That last part you don’t think that you were meant to hear, so you don’t say anything. You nod to each other as the small talk between you ends. “Anyway, was there anything useful on that thing?” She points towards the PDA.

“Yes there was. Here, take a look for yourself.” You hand her the device after going back to the screen with the map on it. Sakuya takes a few moments to look it over then hands it back to you.

“I’m going to go give this information to everyone else. You should keep moving. Remember to wait for me at the base of the mountain.” And with that she disappears from right in front of your eyes. I really have to figure out how she does that. It’s becoming disturbing not knowing.

You follow Sakuya’s orders and wait for her at the base of the mountain after crossing the rest of the valley to it without incident. You see two pathways leading up the mountain from your position. You wish silently that the PDA had more information about the area around the base too. The path to your left is narrow and steep while the path to your right is wide and more worn.

“So, which way are we going from here.” Once again Sakuya appears behind you without so much as a sound. You’re starting to get used to that though. Which way?

[] left path

[] right path

[] Wait you’re a Youkai, you can fly right? Up. Not yet.

Short update before I go to take care of family.
>> No. 39640
[X] right path

Right's right.
>> No. 39641
[X] left path

The path seemingly less traveled is more likely the sneakier choice.
>> No. 39642
[x] Left Path
>> No. 39659
[X] left path

Beaten path is more suspicious.
>> No. 39664
[X] right path
>> No. 39665
[X] right path

No sense getting ourselves caught on a precarious slope in the middle of a gun-fight. Plus bypassing the obvious patrol route is asking for enemies behind us.
We can always double back if we spot hefty defences.
>> No. 39668
Tie breaker please, then I'll start writing again.
>> No. 39669
[] left path
our vision should allow us to see before being seen. so this path is not as dangerous as it seems
>> No. 39670
>>39669
Thank you, left it is then. Writing now. Might be another small update.
>> No. 39680
>>39670
waiting warmly...
>> No. 39688
>>39680
It's stuff like that that just make me want to update faster, thank you again. I've spoken the truth about the small update part, however the choice is very important.

********

“The left path seems less used than the right, so we should probably go up that way.”

“Left it is. Same as before. I’ll tell everyone what’s going on then I’ll meet up with you.” Before you can say another word she’s gone again. Time to get moving.

The going gets a little tough a ways up, and you almost slip and fall once. You’re glad that you chose this path though because you don’t come across anything that might indicate that they patrolled this area. Also after going a bit up the path steers away and out of view of the other path, so it’s unlikely that you’ll be seen. The only problem that you’ve noticed so far is that your enhanced vision doesn’t seem to penetrate the rock of the mountain, so you decide to move a bit more slowly as to not get caught off guard in case there does happen to be a patrol here.

“Good choice Nitori.” And once again Sakuya randomly pops up behind you. Oh well.

“Thanks.” Neither of you say anything else on the way up the mountain. Sakuya floats a little bit off the ground instead of walking like you are. That’s another thing that you should probably learn how to do soon. It looks really helpful. You make a note to see if you could get someone in the guard to teach you how soon. Eventually the path begins to widen again. You see the edges of some trees that are hanging over the side of what seems like a small plateau in the mountain, the exact spot that the factory should be in. As you come over the edge of the plateau you’re happy to learn that the area around the base is forested and not barren. This should make a sneak attack much easier.

“Nitori, wait here for a second. I’m going to go grab Alice.” And she’s gone, again. And now she’s back after about ten seconds, and Alice is with her.

“Alright. Nitori, I want you to work your way around to any kind of entrance that you found other than the front and see if you can sneak into the base before the others get here. Be very careful not to get seen. I’m going to move Alice to a ridge I saw higher up on the mountain so that she can take better shots at the base. After I do that I’ll find my way inside as well, and I’ll start to take out the enemies quietly. I want you to see if you can’t find some way to at least temporarily shut down the power in the facility. If you can do it permanently then don’t hesitate to do so. There are ways to power up the facility to find the information we need when we are done. Also, you better do it quickly. As soon as the others get here they’re starting their attack. Good luck.” You nod in recognition and she and Alice are gone. Now the hard part starts.

You take out the PDA to check everything again. There seem to be four entrances other than the front, each with different amounts of enemies near them, and each a different distance from your first destination inside. Your first destination being the generators in the basement floor of the facility, so that you can turn off the power.

There’s a ventilation area near the back of the facility that would be easy to get into through one of vents. There’s a very low concentration of enemies in that area, but it is the farthest from your objective. Second is literally the back door of the place. There is a moderate amount of enemies in the area, and it’s not very far from your objective. Plus, it’s very close to the armory, which you could decide to break into and steal from it or permanently seal off from the enemy before moving on. Third is an easy to reach skylight that would drop you into a kitchen area. It seems as though many of the off duty guardsman are eating in a large room nearby, they are all still armed however, and it is quite far from your objective. It would however be a great place to set off some sort of distraction. The fourth way is through a window in the second floor, which is pretty much just one small room and a hallway with a stair case going down. It is also quite far from your target, however this room is marked as the commander’s room, there’s one person inside the room further confirming that, on the PDA so stopping off here could prove beneficial to you. There don’t seem to be many guards in that area either.

[] Ventilation (easy)

[] Back door (normal)
-[] Go to armory? Yes or no.

If yes…
--[] Seal armory
--[] Break into armory

[] Skylight (hard)
-[] Don’t make diversion
-[] Make diversion/ write-in diversion

[] Window (?)
-[] How do you deal with the commander if you choose this option?/write-in only here.

(?) is not Lunatic mode, it's just that the difficulty will fluctuate depending on the write-in. Also I would like if Voters would take the liberty to ask me any questions or give me any advice on my writing now, as I wish to start a new thread with my next update. Oh, and sorry about the lack of pictures, but it's hard to find fitting pics that have to do with Touhou.
>> No. 39693
Is the commander a human?
>> No. 39695
>>39693
Nitori wouldn't know that, so I'm not going to answer. sorry. [whisper]It’s actually based on how good your luck roll is what the commander is going to be, if you choose that one. Don’t tell anybody.[/whisper]
>> No. 39696
[X] Back door (normal)
-Go to armory?
[] Yes
[X] no

Going after the commander would be good for causing confusion, but then so would taking down the power. As for the armoury, by the sounds of it everyone's armed anyway, so why waste time?

>or give me any advice on my writing now
Someone said it a while back, but it's still valid - Your writing's pretty good, but you spoon-feed us too much information.
The latest example being those choices - the map conveniently having people marked on it felt rather contrived, and all of the information could have been inferred.
Back door vs vent is an obvious difference in security level.
The kitchen skylight is asking to arrive in a hail of gunfire and some comment about it being near a mealtime would have told us there would be heavy (if surprised) opposition.
Choosing the commander's window would obviously lead to different events / meeting with non-mooks, and as such telling us someone was in the room didn't really add anything (besides, there'd be merit to sacking the commander's office anyway).

Similarly, the other character's stop and wait for 'Tori to make a decision rather too often.
It feels weird that these significantly older and more battle-hardened characters are waiting around for us all the time, when they don't need to be.
For example, in that last scene, Sakuya could have easily parted from us, telling us she needed to get Alice into position, then come back when we came into sight of the trees.
It's fair enough if some of the characters feel like they need to hold our hand to stop us from killing ourselves (Sakuya and Meiling, basically), but for everyone to do it every time...

Another option is to have the other characters do what they think is best / start to do it / suggest doing it. Then give us the choice of route, meaning we can go along with their decision or change it. This lets the other characters have an opinion, and adds the element of us having to consider whether they are right and if it's worth arguing with them if they aren't.


On a slightly different note, I've noticed a few times you tend to be rather easy on us when we get greedy - if we ask for lots of options / huge write-in (even when you've specifically said not to), you tend to let it go instead of, say, having Nitori try but end up interrupted.

tldr: you're too easy on us.


You've improved since the start, though (You may ask me questions three!) and your writing is good. I'm thoroughly enjoying the story.
Keep up the good work!
>> No. 39697
>>39696
Thank you very much for that. Every once in while I need someone berate me a bit, and you've definitely done that in the nicest way possible. I've taken into account everything that you've said, and also noticed another problem with my Sakuya. She's being way nicer than I had originally intended her to be. That will be changed, so sorry if she suddenly seems different than before.

>You're too easy on us.
Hmm, I'm letting my little sister rub off on me too much. I'll be fixing that.

>You may ask me questions three!
Whenever I read that now all I can do is facepalm and wonder why the hell I did that. It’s so painful for me to read my own work and do something like that. It’s a good thing I don’t have a big ego huh.
>> No. 39709
[X] Back door (normal)
-Go to armory?
[x] Yes
[] no
--[x] Seal armory
--[] Break into armory

True, everyone is pretty much amred . But, off duty guards wont be sporting heavy weapons.
There is also time to break into armory after the mission is done.
>> No. 39718
[X] Back door (normal)
-Go to armory?
[] Yes
[X] no
>> No. 39720
[X] Back door (normal)
-Go to armory?
[x] Yes
[] no
--[x] Seal armory
--[] Break into armory
>> No. 40457
[X] Back door (normal)
-Go to armory?
[x] Yes
[] no
--[x] Seal armory
--[] Break into armory

Patiently hoping for updates ;_;
>> No. 41613
Is this going to get an update?