[Return]
Archived thread

File 126828659433.jpg - (478.82KB , 1000x579 , 125172917665.jpg ) [iqdb]
34794 No. 34794
I hope I posted this the right way. This is my first CYOA so any comments and advice are appreciated, so long as you aren’t being an ass about it. I’m very nervous because I mess up a lot. Anyway, we’ll have a vote on the title later if everything goes well. This will probably be mostly write-ins as they are more interesting for the reader.
**********
Prologue- The world of Gensokyo had long since merged back into the real world as the Hakurei Barrier was destroyed during a warp incident in the year 2146. The year is now 2176. The vampires of the scarlet family have become the rulers of Earth after a short conquest. The human race now worked alongside the many other races from the barrier. Together they now explore and conquer the galaxies. Though conquer would be the wrong word as there has been no resistance from alien races so far. The bigger problem is that most humans do not consent to being ruled and the Saviors, as the resistance called themselves, were becoming more and more powerful with each month. Just last month however, the Saviors surfaced an army and had begun to take planets from the Scarlet Empire. You are a new recruit in the Scarlet Devil Army. You had decided to gain your life through military service and were determined to make a lasting name for yourself in the impending war.

Character creation
Name:

Race (almost anything works):

Gender:

General appearance:

Class: (magician, assault, stealth, close-quarters, explosives, medic, and any other you might think of. multi-classing allowed later.)

Personality:

Background: (like if you were a mercenary before joining I might give you a helpful perk)

Element:

Choose difficulty level: Carefree, Frustrating, Maddening, Infuriating how I see the Touhou difficulties
**********
The first few updates will be on the short side if that’s okay. The first to three wins if I like it. Feel free to ask me to clarify anything along the way if needed. I’ll do my best to answer. The prologue is just a bunch of facts that don’t really flow, I know.

>> No. 34798
You know, someone already has a story similar to this, so you might want spice things up, such as giving a few pre-selected profiles perhaps? Otherwise, this might just end up overshadowed by that.
>> No. 34803
>>34798
Your right. I hadn't even noticed until a few hours after I posted this and I figured someone would say that. I can tell you that the story I had in mind was different then that one, but for now they do seem much the same. I'll think something up for a one or two presets and try to change my story a bit more. It's still just going to sound practically the same until the story actually begins though.I probably should have read more first, thanks for telling me.
>> No. 34805
>>34803
So, we should wait for the preselected profiles?
>> No. 34806
File 126832341025.png - (112.21KB , 500x500 , 130233f808cf7136423a37e40db6e2f887c304cb.png ) [iqdb]
34806
Character creation
Name:
Sakuya Izayoi
Race (almost anything works): Lunarian goddess

Gender: FEMALE

General appearance: see pic

Class: knife throwing specialist with time stopping magic.

Personality: was cold and perfect. Now she's the ultimate badass!

Background: veteran maid. She already served the Scarlets as a head maid, but after 100 years of work, she retired..

Due to her fancy past, she immediatly became a commander.

Element: she's a goddess, so she doesn't need any elements to survive.
>> No. 34807
>>34805
That's a good idea.

>>34803
I have a question are you aiming for a more sleeker type galaxy age or a more gritty (Warhammer 40K for example) one? Since SIN is more of a Grittier one. If yours is the former that might help it stand out some.
>> No. 34808
>>34803

>your when it should be you're
>then when it should be than

Stop that.
>> No. 34809
Name: (I’m not good with names so pick one for me.)

Race: Nekomata

Gender: male

Appearance: 3’7”, 96lbs. Short black hair, slightly muscular, retractable claws on each finger, a long scar from the hard life in a modern street gang on your face.

Class: assassin/scout

Personality: cold and calculating. Always calm, even in dire situations. This makes it hard for him to communicate with others. He is also sarcastic to everyone around him.

Background: Grew up, alone, in the slums of Earth. Stole all he needed and drifted between gangs to make money as a killer.

Element: (This is not actually needed unless you are a magician of some sort) Moon (darkness)

Difficulty: (you should still chose this) frustrating (normal)
**********
I came up with this in between classes at school. It’s more of just a rough, if you want to use this but change part of it, be my guest.
>>34805
You don’t really have to. I actually prefer other people’s characters when I write my stories.
>>34806
Sorry Sakuya, but I’m already using Sakuya as the veteran commander of the Scarlet Devil Army.
>>34807
I was actually going for an in between of those two. I was thinking of something between Mass Effect and Warhammer 40K.
>>34808
Sorry, I typed that in 2 minutes in the morning before I went to school. Either way though thanks for pointing it out.

Also, I will have another new preset character in 2 to 4 hours.
>> No. 34811
File 12683410621.jpg - (96.53KB , 1024x768 , 1241922111847.jpg ) [iqdb]
34811
Name: (once again I suck with naming)

Race: Human

Gender: Female

Appearance: That of her Idol, Marisa Kirisame. She refuses to look like anyone else.

Class: Witch/Thief

Personality: Straightforward to a fault, loves to act headstrong despite always thinking things through. Believes she is the fastest and strongest alive, second only to her idol.

Background: Grew up on a planet at the edge of a solar system with had less visitors then residents. Has a thorough teaching of Gensokyo and Humanity’s pasts. Her idol is Marisa Kirisame, the fastest, strongest witch that ever lived, a legend among many of the past’s conflicts.

Element: Wood, Wind, and Light.

Difficulty: Frustrating
**********

Looks like I came up with another one quicker then I thought. Again you can change any part of it you want. This character will be in the story later on if you don’t pick her, so any Marisa fans will get their fill too. You will not start with a mini Hakkero if you pick her.

>>34806
Also Sakuya, I imagine Sakuya to look like she does in this pic.
>> No. 34812
Also to all those who are voting, when you vote post a number between 1 and 7 at the bottom of your post. This is to determine which of the 7 opening scenarios you will get. I'm sorry that I didn't mention this any sooner.
>> No. 34813
File 126834557039.jpg - (649.68KB , 1680x1050 , 162%20-%20alicia%20bullet_witch%20green_hair%2093.jpg ) [iqdb]
34813
Name: (same as before)

Race: Half-breed (human and youkai)

Gender: Female

Appearance: see pic

Class: Technician

Personality: Excitable, polite, and determined. Has a good humor and likes to joke around with others often. Always trying to better herself and others.

Background: Grew up working in her father’s garage. She knows inside and out of almost every aircraft and spacecraft in the army. She was also quite the tinkerer and made modifications to vehicles and weapons.

Element: Metal

Difficulty: frustrating
**********

Same things that I said about the other two so far. This character starts with many useful perks.
>> No. 34816
File 12683535113.jpg - (55.75KB , 413x494 , animewerewolf.jpg ) [iqdb]
34816
Name: (once again, I don’t know)

Race: White-wolf Tengu

Gender: Female

Appearance: See pic.

Class: Close-quarters fighter

Personality: Honorable, quick-witted, and loyal.

Background: Trained for years in a secret military facility for training a new wave of soldiers with incredible speed and comprehension skills. She has had little contact with other people in the world.

Element: Water

Difficulty: Maddening
**********

Same as the others regarding changes. I believe this is enough preset characters for you to decide on one and/or make your own. If you still want me to make more though, just ask. When you pick a character I will make up the stats of the character based off of the description, give you your starting perks, and give you a few items to start with. I will use these stats and a D20 (a 20-sided die) for actions that would require them and combat. I found an online dice roller so that you won’t think that I’m rigging the results. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
>> No. 34818
[x] >>34813
But with these changes

Name: Nitori "Tori" Nanashi (Named after the most famous of Kappa)

Race: Half-breed (human and kappa)

3
>> No. 34819
File 126836725728.jpg - (344.76KB , 597x837 , be4a86a7c4a082a7beab29773bf1188c.jpg ) [iqdb]
34819
Those personalities seem interesting. I think I'll go with 34818's vote.
I'm not much for bandwagons, but his choice is good. As far as personalities go, Joker > Blunt >Coldhearted > Loyalist > Besides, the board could use some Nitori love, even if indirect.
>> No. 34820
[x] >>34818

Sounds like a good choice to me.
I agree with >>34819 about Nitori needing more love, no matter how indirect it may be.
>> No. 34831
File 126840101597.jpg - (588.01KB , 1024x768 , konachan-com-54255-kawashiro_nitori-reiuji_utsuho-.jpg ) [iqdb]
34831
>>34818>>34819>>34820
I thought people might pick her. I agree that Nitori isn't getting a lot of love as well. If you want to make her look like Nitori too, she'll look like she does in this pic. Without the railgun, or whatever that is. You could get it later though, but not easily.
>> No. 34834
>>34831
Try reading SCIENCE! by Klayman in /youkai/ that's a nice Nitori story.

But I'd figure she'd just wear a hat like Nitori's at most.
>> No. 34837
>>34834
Thanks for the recommendation, and the pic was the only one I could find of a futury (I know that's not a word) Nitori. I forgot to mention one other thing as well. Your character does not need to where armor. This world uses shields which are implanted into the nervous system, and are much more effective than any type of physical armor anyone has invented yet. Also, in case you were wondering, energy weapons do not deal massive damage to shields, so don’t worry about that too much.
>> No. 34844
I know that the vote for a Nitori like character has hit three votes, and I did say that it was first to three, but I'm going to give people a bit more time. If nothing contradicts in the next 7 hours I will post the opening scenario and we'll go from there.
>> No. 34846
Name: Nitori “Tori” Nanashi

Race: Half-breed (human and Kappa)

Appearance: See pic in >>34813 But with Nitori’s hat in dark green and a silver key strapped around her chest.

Class: Technician

Personality: Excitable, polite, and determined. Has a good humor and likes to joke around with others often. Always trying to better herself and others.

Background: Grew up working in her father’s garage. She knows inside and out of almost every aircraft and spacecraft in the army. She was also quite the tinkerer and made modifications to vehicles and weapons. Takes after Nitori, whom her mother named her after and who she plans on meeting one day.

Element: Metal and Water

Difficulty: frustrating

Stats: (20 is the highest and 1 is the lowest, with 10 as an average for a human and 12 for the averages of Youkai. Luck affects all things.)

Strength-13
Magic-13
Agility-15
Intelligence-18
Charisma-16
Luck-14

Starting perks: (max rank for perks is 5. If no rank is specified there is only 1 rank for that skill.)

Comprehension of technology, rank 2- +2 to anything involving technological skill and knowledge
Water Breathing- Can breathe in water
Good greetings- +1 to charisma when first meeting people
Inventor, rank 1- allows the ability to create simple (rank 1) machines from scrap and otherwise useless parts.
Modification of vehicles, rank 1- allows simple (rank 1) mods to be put on vehicles
Modification of weapons, rank 1- allows simple (rank 1) mods to be put on weapons

Starting inventory:

RIAK-330 basic shield- The standard issue shield of the Scarlet Devil Army for personnel who are not specifically for combat. It’s cheap but reliable and recharges slowly over time. Made by the RIAK Company who creates many of the standard issue arms and armor for the Scarlet Devil Army.
-350 to shield, with a 5% recharge per minute.

Projectile SMG- This was a gun your father gave to you to practice modding weapons on. As it goes the gun actually turned out quite well and you decided to take it with you instead of the standard assault rifle of new recruits. Switchable between single shot and fully-automatic.
-25 damage per round, 35 shots in a clip, with a fire rate of 8.5 rounds per second.
-Damage mod for +5 damage, and a rate of fire mod for +1.5 rounds per second.

RIAK-330 energy pistol- The standard issue pistol of the Scarlet Devil Army. Recharges instead of using ammunition, a must for current secondary’s. Single shot.
-15-20 damage per round, and has a recharge rate of 100% per minute.

Your key- A gift from your mother. She said it didn’t actually go to anything it was just a memento to remember her by. Never the less, it has given you courage before and seems to be quite the good luck charm to boot.
-+1 to all stats in dire situations and passive +1 to luck

35000 yen

Starting Scenario: 3

This is what Tori would start with if no one contradicts the vote. 5 hours till I post the opening.
>> No. 34847
This sounds like it'll be a good one. Let's see where this goes...
>> No. 34866
File 126842659079.jpg - (135.04KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 1.jpg ) [iqdb]
34866
“Hey, Tori! C’mon wake up. We’re fifteen minutes to the drop off point. Best check your gear and get yourself ready.”You could hear a voice. It sounded slightly distant but all the words rang clear in your ears.

“You know it’s not very polite to yell into a sleeping person’s ear, Sir” You respond sleepily as you open your eyes and stretch out a little. As you look up, sure enough, there was the lieutenant of the squad that you had been assigned to towering over you and waiting for you to get up. He was a giant, literally. He stood tall, proud and loyal at somewhere around nine-and-a-half feet. He looked like a big, excessively muscular human, and he always wore an old red suit of armor which was used before shields were. He sounded mad but you could tell that he was just worried about you and was making sure you were fully prepared for whatever might happen, you had already deduced that he was quite the softy at heart. Or at least as prepared as I’ll ever be. you thought to yourself silently.

However, now is not the time to be doubtful. you continued thinking. You got up and instead of saluting just gave the lieutenant a big smile, and a small bow, and walked right by him and out of your room to get your things from the armory.

As you walked by you heard him sigh to himself and mumble something then go to wake the others. There were seven other members of your squad and you were already acquainted with them all, but always seemed to have trouble remembering selecting their names. The excitement that you were so close to the beginning of your first mission was starting to flow into you as you entered the armory, and got your gear.

As a technician you were assigned to the closest squad that was in need of you. There always seemed to be a lack of those people who actually understood all the technology around them, and they were becoming more and more useful on the battlefield. You had scored extremely well on all the training exams in both the physical and mental sections so you had been immediately promoted to Corporal and sent into a squad that was about to go on a top secret mission that even the lieutenant didn’t know about. The only one who knew anything was the healer/magician from the Voile library, and she almost never even talked. She was there specifically to oversee the mission is what she said. That was also the only thing that she had said to any of you. She always wore purple pajamas around the ship with a puffy purple hat, both of which matched her lilac colored hair. The strangest thing was that she was always reading some kind of book and/or writing something into a book. Whenever you had tried to talk to her she would just tell you to act like she wasn’t even there and then go back to reading.

Oh well, she’ll open up eventually. It’s better not to push matters sometimes, but I will get her to talk openly at least to me in time. She looks kind of lonely stuck in that book. You thought as you headed into the drop pod room. The drop pod room was pretty much just a small hanger with drop pods lining the port and starboard sides. A drop pod is just what it says it is, a pod used to drop from a ship and use a planets gravity to land roughly on it. They were slightly primitive, but the planet you were going to was primitive as well with no teleporters or bases to land. You sat down in your designated pod and waited for the others to arrive.

Eventually everyone arrived fully equipped and ready to go. The lat to arrive was the Librarian who walked right over to you and began to whispering into your ear.

“Don’t die. You are more important to the success of this mission then you think and this mission is of utmost importance. Failing could cause a large shift in the war. When you reach the ground put this in a clear flat area for me to get down there. I’ll explain more then.” She slipped a small device which you recognized as a teleporter almost immediately. As you went to ask her more she just shushed you and walked out of the room. She had apparently been under some sort of camouflaging spell because the others weren’t even looking.

Well that was weird, but I’ll go with it for now. She seems like a nice person, and, after all, she is one of the Librarians. Almost immediately after you finished that thought the alarm that signaled a drop was commencing sounded. You strapped yourself in and bid good luck to your squad mates as the doors closed. This is it. No going back now. I can only push forward till the end.Were your final thoughts as the pods were launched from the cruiser that you had just been in.
**********

Wham!

“Ugh, my head” You stated softly as your drop pod rammed into the hard earth below you. You didn’t like the simulations of these pods and now you were pretty sure you didn’t like the real thing either. You felt disoriented for a second before regaining your senses and unstrapping yourself from the seat. You quickly opened the door to the pod and jumped out with your gun up. No one was around to oppose you. You heard more crashes to the right and left of you but are having trouble deciding on what to do. Maybe I should throw down the teleporter this area’s flat enough, or maybe I should go get some of the others first. Hmmm…

Should you…

[] throw down and activate the small teleporter.
[] search to your right.
[] search to your left.
[] explore on your own.
[] write-in?
**********

Well there’s the first part of the opening. No one was contradicting so I decided to post this a bit early. If you see any problems please tell me. I would also like to know if this was long enough. Most of the posts may not be this long in case I put many things close to each other which are for you to decide now. I would like to say that I am now writing this with the input of 5 of my friends, and all of us play D&D so this may actually come more easily than I thought. And thanks to all those who have and are going to post.
>> No. 34867
Sorry, I forgot to put how I worked out the rolls in there, so here they are...

Roll for intelligence: 8+18=26 (moderately high)
Roll for strength: 20+13=33 (high)
Roll for luck: 19+14+1=34 (high)
Roll for charisma: 14+16=30 (high)
>> No. 34869
[x] throw down and activate the small teleporter.
>> No. 34874
[X] throw down and activate the small teleporter.

Even though we are on the Scarlets side for now, I'm sort of rooting for the Saviours to win. Mostly because I don't like the idea that we're ruled by two vampires after a short battle that ended in their favour.
>> No. 34875
>>34874
The Scarlets over took the humans and youkai to become their rulers because of a small war that was starting up. This war would have been a huge battle between the humans and youkai, and would have left at least half of both sides dead. Remilia took it upon herself to bring together the two sides to lessen the amount of death for both. She used an army of youkai and humans who believed it would be better to coexsist, rather then kill each other to the point that they would be forced to coexsist. Remilia then layed down the laws to help them live together and was named ruler because of this. In no way did she ever supress either of the two, and does mot rule with an iron fist. In fact there is an election held every ten years for a new ruler, but she always wins the popular vote over the other candidates. Most people believe it would be best for her to continue ruling for as long as she can.
>> No. 34881
>>34875
It's laid, not layed.

But this makes me curious about these "Saviors" since it reeks of someone greedy for the power Remilia has. And how would they be able to convince others to join their side.
>> No. 34883
>>34875

That definably clears things up. Thanks. It's just that it seemed like the Scarlets did a hostile takeover from the way you worded the Prologue.
>> No. 34894
>>34881
Ahhhh... And here in lies the questions that we would all like to have answered. Basically, I’m not going to answer that question because it would give away too much on the story. Also, thanks for the spelling correction.

>>34884
I'm sorry about that. It did sound like it had been hostile to a point in the prologue. I just couldn't figure out how to word it for some odd reason until now.

Oh and on a different point, can anyone think of a good screen name that’s not being used? I don’t want to remain Anon forever, but as you probably know by now I’m bad at thinking up names. Any suggestion is appreciated or if want to just tell me to stuff it and pick one for myself already you could say that too.
>> No. 34895
>>34894
The 34884 in this one should be 34883 sorry.
>> No. 35155
Oi. Update.
>> No. 35167
Writing now. Sorry it took so long. I got my mind sucked into beating FF13 and BBC2.
>> No. 35168
File 126919560461.jpg - (108.46KB , 1366x768 , die roll 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
35168
Rolls
Intelligence-8+18=26
Charisma-13+16=29
Luck-14+14+1=29

Had to use a different roller.
>> No. 35176
File 126923091442.jpg - (240.57KB , 900x761 , 4934.jpg ) [iqdb]
35176
Well, this seems like a good place for that teleporter. That girl really surprised me there, I wonder what that meant. She probably wants to talk to me without the others around seeing as she used that spell before. It may be a little risky without the rest of the squad, but any Librarian could defend themselves against seemingly impossible odds with just their spells.


You take a quick look around at the small clearing you had landed in. It seems you have landed in the middle of a large forest, with trees that were at least a hundred feet tall and three feet wide. It is surprising how much sunlight makes it through the large canopy above you. There any clear landmarks around other than the clearing you were now standing in.

You set up the teleporter a few feet away from the crashed pod. As you activate it, it gives off a deep blue light that envelopes the area, and then implodes on itself in a bright flash. The flash blinds you for a few seconds and leaves you dizzy.

As your sight comes back you see that the teleporter is now gone and in its place stands the purple Librarian. She looks slightly disoriented so you decide to go assist her.

“I need to sit down.” she says to you quickly. You comply and lead her over to the crashed pod so that she has something to lean on. After a few moments of deep breathing she looks up and captures your attention from where you had been on lookout.

“It is good that you got me down here quickly and that the others of the squad aren’t here. I guess that you’re wondering as to what you’re doing in this unexplored sector of space on a top secret mission.” You nod silently in response not wanting to interrupt. “Well, alright. It’s only fair really. However in return you must promise not to tell your squad mates if we see them.” The last part of that was very quiet, as if you weren’t meant to hear it. Needless to say this made you slightly nervous, but you decided to take her up on the offer anyway.

“Good. Now then the reason you are here today is because there is a Savior prison base on this planet about a mile and a half away. We just learned a few days ago that there is someone very important to Remilia and the success of this war hidden away here. The reason why you are so very important to this mission, Miss Nanashi, is that you are the only one here capable of hacking, rewiring, sabotaging, and/or solving any sort of lock or defense system that may be activated. As we only have one shot at this you are very important to success, so don’t go doing anything stupid.”

You had made sure to listen to every word and lock them all to memory. Needless to say you were quite surprised that this mission was of direct relation to the outcome of the war, and that it was of utmost importance to even the empress herself. You were still confused about some things however.

“If I may, can I ask you a few questions about all this, Miss…uhm…” Wait I don’t even know her name yet.

The girl looks up at you like she had already anticipated what you were going to say. “My name is Patchouli Knowledge. I am the leader of the Librarians, the owner of the Voile Library, Second Command General of the SDA, and an old friend of Remilia. You can just call me Patchy or Patch. That’s what everyone calls me other then my familiar.”

You just stare at her dumbfounded. Wh-Why is someone like her out here? Who is this person we’re going to save? For them to send out a general, and one with such high value and status at that! Wait, I’m being very impolite like this. You quickly regain your composure and decide to introduce yourself as well.

“My name is Nitori Nanashi, but you can call me Tori for short. It’s a pleasure to meet you Patchy.” You give a slight bow in the process. Patchy smiles, sort of, to this.

“So, what kind of questions did you have in mind Tori? I can’t tell you everything however, as some information is classified. We only have time now for a few questions, as well. We need to gather the others and get going soon.”
**********

What do you ask Patchy? Pick three.

[] Why the others must not know?
[] What kind of opposition there will be?
[] Who the prisoner is?
[] What could failure bring about?
[] What would happen if you succeeded?
[] What kind of technology is in the prison?
[] Why is Patchy here personally?
[] Write in.

Anything in italics is a thought. The setting paragraph seems out of place because it is. I had forgotten to put it in the end of the first section. You will find out all the questions answers, but what you choose now will affect what happens next. And remember, some information is classified.
>> No. 35181
[X] What kind of technology is in the prison?
[X] What kind of opposition there will be?
[X] Who the prisoner is?

I'm thinking the prisoner is Flandre, but I may just be talking out of my ass at the moment.

I also chose these three questions as they seem to be the most relevant and the least likely to get a 'that information is classified' response.
>> No. 35192
[X] What kind of technology is in the prison?
[X] What kind of opposition there will be?
[X] Who the prisoner is?
>> No. 35198
[X] What kind of technology is in the prison?
[X] What kind of opposition there will be?
[X] Who the prisoner is?
>> No. 35223
File 126937777033.jpg - (140.04KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 3.jpg ) [iqdb]
35223
Here’s your roles.

Intelligence- 12+18=30

Charisma- 13+16=29

Luck- 19+14+1=34

Got the old site back.

>>35181
You could be right or wrong.
>> No. 35224
OP part 3.1

Just three questions then. Well alright. We are on a schedule here. What should I ask? Well I’ll worry about what might happen from the outcome of the mission later. I’m kind of wondering why the others mustn’t know, but that can wait. She pretty much explained why she was here already, so that’s out. That just leaves anything about the prison and the prisoner inside.

“Who exactly is the prisoner?” You ask your first question.

“Classified” Patchy responds in her monotone.

Well that’s a great way to start.

“Sorry but I can’t tell you, and you will find out soon enough if all goes well.” Patchy finishes her response. “Next?”

“What kind of technology is in this prison?” Patchy smiles at this question.

“Technology that we might come back to extract after the prisoner later. Some of the tech is very advanced while other sections are crude and decrepit, yet valuable, relics. Most of the new tech is in the east wing of the prison. This is where we assume the barracks and other housing and power facilities are. The only other section with advanced tech is underground. This is our destination. That’s all I can tell you.”

That was definitely better. OK, last question.

“How much opposition is estimated and of what kind?” You begin to check your belongings again in preparation.

“At least 30 human guards armed with basic projectile and energy weapons. They’re shielding may vary, but none of it should be too strong. They aren’t what you have to worry about though.” You look up at her confused. I thought the Saviors were just humans and maybe a few Youkai?

“The Saviors are more than just humans.” She answers your unspoken question. “If they were this wouldn’t be such a hard war. Have you ever heard of Project Gigas?” You shake your head. You have no idea what it is. Patchy sighs as if regretting something.

“Project Gigas was an attempt to make living and thinking artificial life forms from various mechanized and organic parts. The project was originally headed by Alice Margatroid, Nitori Kawashiro, and me. It was a dream of ours and we decided to work together towards it. In the end we did end up succeeding, but not in the way we had intended. The beings created were meant to be peaceful, but for some reason it just didn’t work out. All the subjects that were had created were hostile in nature. We did find a way to synchronize a Gigi’s actions to a single master however. Later, after a few classified incidents, the project was shut down personally by Remilia.”

Patchy was waiting a few moments before starting up again. Letting what she had just said sink in. You decide to reply before that.

“So basically the project was revived somehow by the Saviors and the Gigi are now being used to fight us. Correct?” Patchy smiles at you again. “Correct.” She says.

“There are probably two Gigi at the facility. One Gigi to guard the front entrance and another Gigi to guard the prisoner personally. There is no telling what type of Gigi they will be, so I have nothing else to say on them other that they will be a very tough fight, even for me. Since they are mostly tech however, if you would like after the mission to study them you are most welcome. The only person who knew how the technological parts of them worked was Nitori, but you may discover some weak points for later battles.”

You nod enthusiastically. “Studying such rare and advanced technology, I would be honored.”

“Good. Now then, it is about time that we get going.” She says as she gets up and pats down her clothes.

“But shouldn’t we get the others first?” She turns to look at you again.

“The others all landed in two groups with one person in charge because they were aimed that way, the same with you. The battle plan was for the two groups to attack simultaneously and clear as many of the enemy soldiers as possible before we get there. They do not know that they are being used as a distraction for us to surprise and take down the Gigi with minimal loses. They do not know of the Gigi, but they have been told to expect heavy opposition and to not panic for any reason. If everything goes well it will take around an hour to finish. Now, we move.”

Patchy begins to float away and motions for you to follow quickly.

My first real battle huh. Well I’ll do my best not to let anyone down and play my role.
>> No. 35225
OP part 3.2

You here gunfire in the distance. The battle has already started. You’ve been following Patchy for about a mile now but don’t feel winded in the least. The area is becoming darker as the sun sets. The trees are beginning to thin out signifying the edge of the forest is near. You can see some muzzle flash now from both energy and projectile weapons. As you hit the edge of the tree line you see that the base is in large dip in the ground which looks like a greened over crater. Your squad mates are on opposite sides of the facility at the top edge of the crater. You figure there is no way down that has sufficient cover so they are trying to thin out the enemy forces from afar. You can only see the top edge of the base indicating the base is either one or two stories or the crater is very deep. Patchy stops you here and floats up while staying in the tree line then floats back down towards you. She explains the situation briefly.

“All is going better then planed. We have had no casualties yet and at least half the guards are dead and or incapacitated. It seems the Gigi is still dormant for now. We have a few choices from here. We could go and assist the others now. That would make our stealth here meaningless however and we would have a harder time with the Gigi. We could have only one of us assist for now, or we could both wait here for the Gigi to appear and attack it directly with full power. Also, if you have any other suggestions we could perform those.”

What should I do now?

[] Assist the others now.

[] Have one person assist for now and the other wait for the Gigi.

- [] Pathcy

- [] Yourself

[] Wait for the Gigi to appear then attack.

[] Write-in, or add on to a preselected choice.
>> No. 35226
File 126937822477.jpg - (162.24KB , 800x1000 , cfbefb2f.jpg ) [iqdb]
35226
Forgot to put the Patchy pic in there.
>> No. 35229
[X] Wait for the Gigi to appear then attack.
-[X] Ask more about the Gigas. It may prove useful in your study on them after the battle is over.


The squad seems to be holding their own right now, and even Patchy said that the Gigas were no pushovers. We shouldn't abandon our fearless yet sickly leader yet.

Somehow...I knew that we wouldn't get to find out just who the prisoner was.
>> No. 35230
> Gigas
> Giygas
> ...I...feel...H..A..P..P..Y...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
>> No. 35231
>>35230
If I made some wierd reference I don't recognize it. Could you please explain that?
>> No. 35232
>>35231
Giygas is the final boss of the Snes game earthbound. It's very creepy for the kind of game it's in.

[X] Wait for the Gigi to appear then attack.
-[X] Ask more about the Gigas. It may prove useful in your study on them after the battle is over.

Sounds good, since it's the big threat.
>> No. 35234
>>35232
Ah yes that's right. I beat Earthbound a long time ago, but I had forgotten about Giygas. Thank you!
>> No. 35241
[X] Wait for the Gigi to appear then attack.
-[X] Ask more about the Gigas. It may prove useful in your study on them after the battle is over.

I like this idea best, the others can definitely hold their own by the sounds of it. Unless there may be a way we can sneak in and disable the Gigi ahead of time ala certain KOTOR scenarios?
>> No. 35242
>>35241
No you cant disable the Gigi, at least not yet. Plus you aren't yet agile enough.

Calling vote and writing now. We all know what won and it's definately a good choice.
>> No. 35245
File 126940108847.jpg - (141.93KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 4.jpg ) [iqdb]
35245
You guys get crazy rolls. Seriously.

Intelligence- 14+18=32

Charisma- 17+16=33

Luck- 18+14+1=33
>> No. 35246
File 126940122891.png - (1.16MB , 800x933 , 57857a8ed3c4a7c1eb270cc14505c535c219d6a6.png ) [iqdb]
35246
The squad seems to be doing fine without us. Plus they are all Special Forces operatives of some sort if I remember correctly. Whatever this Gigi is it seems much stronger than a few humans, combine that with the fact that it is sentient and surprising it could actually be quite useful. Seeing as it’s not here yet I would like to know more about it before fighting it though.

“I think it would be best if we waited here for the Gigi. The squad is fine, and if that thing is sentient as you say surprising it will be very helpful.” Patchy nods her approval and sets down to lean on a nearby tree. You decide you have time for a quick question.

“Patchy, is there anything I should know about fighting a Gigi beforehand?”

“There are many things that I could tell you, but we don’t have the proper amount of time. I will tell you three things you must always remember however. One, keep moving. Two, try to find patterns in attacks. They only know how to fight using what is programmed into them and basic animal instincts. Three, don’t try to do everything yourself. One person is not enough to take down a Gigi, at least two are needed.”

Suddenly Patchy stands at full attention squinting at the base. “It comes. I can fell the mana fluctuations from its magical core. It has been awakened, and it is very angry. Can you fly?” You shake your head, you were never taught any magic. “Alright then grab my waist.”

Wait. What! “W-Why would I do that?” You respond slightly flustered by the notion.

“So that I can drop you onto the battlefield. Why else?” You swear you can see the faintest trace of red on her cheeks.

Well that would be helpful, and why is that so embarrassing to me? Oh well, contemplations can wait for later, now is the time to fight As Patchy lifts into the air you put your arms around her waist and all of the sudden feel completely weightless. As you rise in the air you look down at the situation below. The Gigi doesn’t appear to be out of the base yet if it has awakened. There are still no casualties in your squad, although one looks wounded, while you count about seventeen dead humans, around nine seriously wounded and at least another nine still shooting. OW, better make that eight. That was messy.

“You have two choices in my mind. Either I could drop you right on the back of the thing, or I could drop you on the wall of the base and you could fight your way to one of the anti-vehicle gun emplacements. Of course, any suggestion on your part is welcome as well; I’ll be staying up here either way.”

Which way should I fight this thing?

[] Drop on the base wall and fight your way to a turret. (Easy way. Less experience, less rewards, least impressive, but higher success rate.)

[] Drop straight onto the creatures back. (Hard way. More experience, more rewards, more impressive, but lower success rate.)

[]write-in/add-on
>> No. 35247
>>35246
Crap. I forgot to tell you to put anumber between 1 and 5 at the end of your post to determine what Gigi type you will be facing.
>> No. 35257
[x] Drop straight onto the creatures back. (Hard way. More experience, more rewards, more impressive, but lower success rate.

If GaoGaiGar has taught me anything, it's COURAGE turns 1% into 100%!

Also I think I'll go with Gigi type....3
>> No. 35262
[x] Drop straight onto the creatures back. (Hard way. More experience, more rewards, more impressive, but lower success rate.)

Here's to our luck. 3 sounds good.
>> No. 35269
[] Drop right in front of the creature. Use a cheesy pre-battle one-liner to get it riled up

As awesome as that would be...survival chances go down big time

[X] Drop straight onto the creatures back. (Hard way. More experience, more rewards, more impressive, but lower success rate.)


>Luck- 18+14+1=33

Hmm...maybe we could incapacitate it right on touchdown depending on if we have the right weapon drawn. We must attack its weak point for massive damage.
>> No. 35271
>>35269

Forgot the number.


3's a magic number, after all.
>> No. 35277
The winner is...

[x] Drop straight onto the creatures back. (Hard way. More experience, more rewards, more impressive, but lower success rate.
[x] Gigi type 3.

Writing now.Good luck.
>> No. 35278
File 126945935453.jpg - (145.27KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 5.jpg ) [iqdb]
35278
This is insane. You guys should role-play more often if you get these kinds of roles on a d20 every roll. Not even one roll under 10 and the lowest is 12.

Strength- 20+13=33

Magic- 20+13=33

Agility- 15+15=30

Intelligence- 12+18=30

Charisma- 14+16=30

Luck- 17+14+1=32

If anyone wants to throw in a battle bgm go ahead and do it.
>> No. 35281
Here's a few of suggestions for a battle theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_IVppjwpRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP_7FYwEc1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P52eRfNHQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwewEotEVAY
>> No. 35282
This is the closest pic I could find to what I was looking for. I probably won’t find pics for most of the Gigi though, this one I just got lucky. Just double the size of the one in the pic and you’ve got your first Gigi.
**********

Well both ideas seem like sound strategies. I guess the real question here is just how lucky am I feeling, and I’m feeling pretty lucky right now.

“Drop me right on top of it.” Patchy looks back at you showing as much of a surprised expression as she’ll ever show you, you guess.

“Good luck then and I’ll do my best not to hit you with my spells. Don’t bother shooting it until I break open part of its shields. If you think of anything that might help go ahead and try it, but don’t get yourself killed alright. There’s still one more of these in the base waiting for us.” With that said she flew over the door to the base to wait for it. She held a spell book in one hand and was manipulating her fingers in specific patterns, obviously readying her first spell. The gunfire had all but ended and the squad was moving down the crater slowly, watching the walls for more movement.

Everything went quiet for but a moment which seemed to you to last a few minutes, and then you felt the mana flux which Patchy had told you about. It was getting more and more out of place, so you assumed that any second now the Gigi would appear. Now you could see the ground vibrating just a little bit under you. Just a few more seconds till it appeared.

BOOM!

The largest explosion you’d ever heard erupted below you sending bits of shrapnel in every conceivable direction and dust to rise high from the ground. You can’t see anything below you, but you can here machine gun fire and the sound of metal grinding against metal. You take your chances judging the position of the Gigi below you and jump to it.

Your boots clang against the steel shell of the Gigi now directly below you. It’s still hard to see, but there is a large spike in front of you which you immediately grab onto. You figured that the instincts of the creature would kick in as you land on it and it would begin to thrash around.

Good guess you tell yourself as it suddenly becomes almost impossible to stand as the creature begins to flail back and forth trying to throw you off. The dust was clearing now and you finally got a good look at the Gigi. It looked almost exactly like a large scorpion that was made entirely of metal. The main body of it was about two times you in height, and about the same in width and length. It had a large tail that was at least eight times your height with a large gatling gun attached to the end. There were two arms on either side of it which both sported four spinning blades that acted as its pincers. You couldn’t see the front of it but you guess that there is some sort of missile launcher or other heavy weapon up there that blew apart the door.

As you took in the sight of the Gigi you felt bullets ricochet of the shields of the beast and felt the heat of many fire balls as they hit the Gigi. It was amazing that none of it even grazed you. The shields of the monster didn’t appear to be going down anytime soon however. You need to do something to help you tell yourself. The trashing was dying down a bit as the Gigi turned to those who were shooting at it and began to move towards them with blades spinning and gatling gun revving up.

What should I do now? I could try to disable one of the guns maybe, but I need to do something rather than just sit here!

[] Try to disable part of the Gigi.
- [] gatling gun
- [] blades
- [] missile launcher
- [] optics
- [] movement
[] Search for weak points in the hull and shield.
- [] if so where?
[] Wait for the shield to break.
[] Jump off.
[] write-in/add-on
**********

You may pick one and only one of the choices. I use the same rolls throughout the battle unless a re-roll is called and there will be a status report after each section after this one. If there are any questions feel free to ask, I will do my best to answer. Also, you’ve pretty much already won the battle if you don’t do anything stupid. The choices you make will affect the outcome for other members of the party (i.e. Patchy and the squad).

>>35281
Those are pretty good and any of them could work. Thank you!
>> No. 35283
File 126946557510.jpg - (56.07KB , 906x768 , Gigi 3.jpg ) [iqdb]
35283
>>35282
Of course it would help if i put the pic in there right.
>> No. 35284
If a septette remix can count as a battle theme then I found one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VHC31RbX88
>> No. 35285
[X] Try to disable part of the Gigi.
-[X] gatling gun
-[X] missile launcher
-[X] movement
[X]Search for its power source and disable it immediately.

In that order.
>> No. 35286
[X] Try to disable part of the Gigi.
-[X] gatling gun
-[X] missile launcher
-[X] movement
[X]Search for its power source and disable it immediately.

i like this set of choices. Thing can't hurt the others if we take out it's weapons. Plus we may need the others later on and it's hard to help if they're dead.

Also wasn't sure what you meant by one choice, one main choice prone sub choice?
>> No. 35287
>>35286
I meant one sub choice per main choice, sorry.
>> No. 35289
>>35286>>35287
Actually, just forget that I even said one choice.
>> No. 35290
>>35288
Sorry I was a little late with my final decision and messed up your plans.
>> No. 35291
>>35290

It's alright. This story has already got a good flow to it already. I like where you're going with it.

>>35285

Vote stands, disregard >>35288
>> No. 35292
Alright I'm calling the vote because my indecisiveness is getting to me and I'm bored and want to write something.

[X] Try to disable part of the Gigi.
-[X] gatling gun
-[X] missile launcher
-[X] movement
[X]Search for its power source and disable it immediately.

This is the winner. I apologize again for the one choice thing, and I promise to be more clear in the future.
>> No. 35293
A bit of advice, possibly having a few preset choices in case anon doesn't care to micromanage one's assult plans would be nice.
>> No. 35296
File 126948102690.jpg - (100.17KB , 640x480 , b032fe26186201966fbf5c26aeac9cb11242965039_full.jpg ) [iqdb]
35296
>>35293
I did have preset choices, but I would never make you describe every little thing that you were going to do unless you wanted to. This is only in normal and it only just started so I'm going to be lenient with your decisions. Plus this is just for fun.
**********

The weapons, yes I could disable them. They are all weapons that I’ve seen before. The only real problem would be getting up to the gatling gun.

Upon thinking this you see small edges on each segment of the tail. They look close enough to climb on; the only real problem would be if the thing started to thrash around again. You don’t have time to waste however and quickly jump from your grip on the spike you had been holding onto. Your foot lands directly on one of the ledges as you grab onto the highest edge that you can. You find it surprisingly easy to climb up the tail of the creature to the gun.

You reach the gun with no incident and take off the control panel on the side of it. As you do one of your comrade’s bullets goes flying by your face and conveniently cuts the power wire causing the gun to short circuit. You give silent thanks and jump down back to the spike that you were at before. You see that the squad has broken their ranks and are now running around in a botched state to try and confuse the beast further. Patchy had finished her assault of fire and has switched to firing off small boulders at the Gigi. That’s when you here it again.

BOOM!

That was the same sound as before and now you’re sure of what and where it was coming from. You move from spike to spike forward on the creatures back you recall having heard that sound before in a training sim. That’s a hundred’n’seventeen millimeter cannon and it’s directly on the front of this thing. If I can get up there, I can disable it before it even has the chance to reload again.

Growing more confident now you reach the front of the Gigi. You look over the edge to find the cannon in a small alcove that is just big enough for a person to fit inside, which you do. You find the circuit board already hanging open from a ricocheted bullet. You begin to work with the familiar wires.

Alright, all I need to do here is switch where this blue wire connects to and the cannon’s firing systems should go down through the failsafe. Sure enough you here the cannon power down almost immediately. You were completely in your element now. This is exactly the kind of fight you could do over and over. You notice that the alcove seems to go even deeper and decide to follow it to see what other kinds of things you can sabotage along the way.

Eventually you come across what you believe to be sort of reactor, which is obviously what’s powering the thing. I’ve never seen this kind of reactor before. I better take a look around before I start toying with it. There’s no way I could get out of here in time if it suddenly exploded or something. Wait what did that label say. You turn to look at the label next to what looks like a control board. It says on it “movement controls” in red lettering. Well there’s something I can toy around with without fear of blowing it up.

After a few seconds of searching the panel you see a button which you can only guess is the on and off button as it’s the only one that isn’t labeled otherwise. You push the button and immediately the creature stops shifting and moving around. It’s still running but it looks like it can’t do anything while it can’t move and all its ranged weapons are disabled. You decide to crawl back out of the alcove and make your way outside.

As you pass the reactor from before you see that it’s still running. Good. The reactor’s not dead which means that it will be easier to study la…ter. What you see in the reactor now that you’re not rushing around is probably one of the most disturbing sights you’ve seen in your life. In the center of the reactor connected to many tubes is a glowing green human heart, and it’s still pumping. In the tubes you see what looks like a cross between oil and blood flowing in them. The oil appears to be what changed the color of the heart and it appears to be glowing because a large mana flux that is surrounding it and is probably centered on it. You could hear the thing’s strained beating fill your ears.

Wh-What is this? How could they do this? I mean theoretically a heart could beat without a body with the use of magic but this is just wrong. I have to ask Patchy about this, and now that I’ve seen it I’m not settling for a that ‘information is classified’ response.

You crawl out of the Gigi to find your squad mates and Patchy regrouping outside. You see only seven of your squad there and one appears to be injured, Patchy seemed to be waiting for you and called you over.

“I assume you have many questions now, and we do have more time than before we must press on. I think that we have time for three more questions. Ask away.” She tells you as you approach.

I need answers, but to what?

[] What’s with the heart?
[] Where do we go now?
[] Should I have left that reactor running?
[] Tell me the real reason Project Gigas was canceled.
[] Write-in/add-on

There you have it. Aftermath report coming soon.
>> No. 35297
[X] What’s with the heart?
[X] Should I have left that reactor running?
[X] Tell me the real reason Project Gigas was canceled.

I doubt Patchy will give an answer to that last one, but it's worth trying.
>> No. 35298
Aftermath Report

Casualties:
- one special operatives soldier.

Injured:
- one special operatives soldier.

Survived:
- You
- Patchouli Knowledge
- Special Operations squad; now at 6/8 strength

Experience gained:
You- 90% to level 2
Patchouli- 20% to level 6

Items gained:
None

Perks gained:
None

Monsters added to bestiary:
Basic human guard
Basic Scorpion Gigi (large)

The bestiary and inventory can be accessed at any time by asking. Any questions will be answered.
>> No. 35299
[X] "Do you know where the prisoner is located?"
[X] "Should I have left that reactor running?"
[X] "There was a beating. human. heart in there! Was that part of the original Project Gigas, too?"
-[X] "I have to know everything there is about the Project if I'm ever going to be able to do complete research on these things. With all due respect, General, I cannot accept classified as an answer for this."

Well...what a shocking twist! I actually didn't expect that.

Also...didn't mean to confuse or make a big deal on those choices. Sorry bout that.
>> No. 35300
>>35299
I say we stop apoligizing to each other and move on now. Not to be an ass but that vote is over and the story is moving on.
>> No. 35303
[X] What’s with the heart?
[X] Should I have left that reactor running?
[X] Tell me the real reason Project Gigas was canceled.

Now going off on Patchy like the above anon? I like it but something is holding me back from 100% suggesting it. If you need a tiebreaker I guess you can put me down for it.
>> No. 35304
[X] "Do you know where the prisoner is located?"
[X] "Should I have left that reactor running?"
[X] "There was a beating. human. heart in there! Was that part of the original Project Gigas, too?"
-[X] "I have to know everything there is about the Project if I'm ever going to be able to do complete research on these things. With all due respect, General, I cannot accept classified as an answer for this."

>>35298
One of our squadmates died? Damn.
Oh well, it probably would have been to much to hope that all of them made it through alive.
>> No. 35305
[X] "Do you know where the prisoner is located?"
[X] "Should I have left that reactor running?"
[X] "There was a beating. human. heart in there! Was that part of the original Project Gigas, too?"
-[X] "I have to know everything there is about the Project if I'm ever going to be able to do complete research on these things. With all due respect, General, I cannot accept classified as an answer for this."

[X] Inventory
[X] Beastiary
>> No. 35306
>>35304

Hence why I voted for the hard way. I think the easy way wouldve been safer for us, but taken far longer overrall and we wouldve ended up with more casualities.
>> No. 35309
>>35296
I only remarked since the mult-segmented choices with the kinda large weight might make some anon hesitate.

[X] What’s with the heart?
[X] Should I have left that reactor running?
[X] Tell me the real reason Project Gigas was canceled.

I figured that Patchouli would inform us of the prisoner when it's important.

[X] Inventory
[X] Bestiary
>> No. 35310
[X] What’s with the heart?
[X] Should I have left that reactor running?
[X] Tell me the real reason Project Gigas was canceled.

[X] Inventory
[X] Bestiary

It's probably better not to fly off the handle at our superior on our first mission. She's trusted us with this much responsibility so far, even being our escort for this mission. Plus if we're nice about it, she may be more willing to give us more info. She's counting on us especially for this, after all.
>> No. 35311
Inventory check:

RIAK-330 basic shield- The standard issue shield of the Scarlet Devil Army for personnel who are not specifically for combat. It’s cheap but reliable and recharges slowly over time. Made by the RIAK Company who creates many of the standard issue arms and armor for the Scarlet Devil Army.

-350 to shield, with a 5% recharge per minute.

Projectile SMG- This was a gun your father gave to you to practice modding weapons on. As it goes the gun actually turned out quite well and you decided to take it with you instead of the standard assault rifle of new recruits. Switchable between single shot and fully-automatic.

-25 damage per round, 35 shots in a clip, with a fire rate of 8.5 rounds per second.
-Damage mod for +5 damage, and a rate of fire mod for +1.5 rounds per second.

RIAK-330 energy pistol- The standard issue pistol of the Scarlet Devil Army. Recharges instead of using ammunition, a must for current secondary’s. Single shot.

-15-20 damage per round, and has a recharge rate of 100% per minute.

Your key- A gift from your mother. She said it didn’t actually go to anything it was just a memento to remember her by. Never the less, it has given you courage before and seems to be quite the good luck charm to boot.

-+1 to all stats in dire situations and passive +1 to luck

A work belt- You hold all your tools and ammunition in this belt. You have a morphing tool in the right hand pouch that can change shape to many different kinds of tools.

35000 yen
*********

Bestiary check:

1.Basic human guard- Just a regular in the Saviors army. No special traits. Wields various projectile and energy weapons. Low shielding.
Strength- 10
Magic- 10
Agility- 10
Intelligence- 10
Charisma- 10
Luck- 10

# killed=0

2.Basic Scorpion Gigi (large)- A very large scorpion shaped Gigi. Large enough to climb on and sabotage from the inside. 107mm cannon on the front, gatling gun on end of tail, and large spinning blades that replace the pincers. Very high shielding.
Strength- 18
Magic- 13
Agility- 6
Intelligence- 5
Charisma- 4
Luck- 5

# killed=1
**********

There's one more thing that I would like to ask of all of you, but I can already see the answer. Do you want me to keep the relationshiping between you and other characters open, even though it will end up as lesbian?

[] Hell yeah.
[] Gross, no.
>> No. 35312
[X] Hell yeah.
>> No. 35313
[X] Hell yeah.

I say hell yeah! Patchy or Remilia GET!
>> No. 35314
You dare ask such a question?

[X] Hell yeah.

Futuristic war or not, Gensokyo's universal truth still applies.
>> No. 35315
[X] Hell yeah.

There's only two way het happens in Touhou CYOAs: Either Canon character lead/male OC, Rinnosuke/someone, or male OC lead/someone.

And since our lead's female...
>> No. 35316
File 126949013335.jpg - (1.46MB , 1920x1200 , konachan-com-50801-chen-flandre_scarlet-izayoi_sak.jpg ) [iqdb]
35316
Calling the vote now. The winner is…

[X] What’s with the heart?
[X] Should I have left that reactor running?
[X] Tell me the real reason Project Gigas was canceled.

… with 4 votes. It seems everyone from Gensokyo and what came of it will still be gay as well. Thank you for staying with my story even though GH was just updated! I have a pic for all of you to celebrate its welcome back as well!
>> No. 35317
[X] Hell yeah.

Really, no reason to say no.
>> No. 35318
>>35314

You mean the reason why Cinnamon Toast Crunch taste so good? I don't see how the cinnamon swirls in every kite applies here....
>> No. 35319
File 126949436523.jpg - (57.20KB , 600x800 , PatchouliKnowledge-003.jpg ) [iqdb]
35319
I think maybe I should take this part slowly. I need to know more about this Project Gigas before anything else.

“Why is there a human heart in that things reactor? Please tell me the truth Patch.” You say in a slightly distrusting and quiet tone as if she had betrayed you in some way.

Patchy looks down and closes her eyes from what looked like pent up guilt and regret. “So you did see it, huh. I told you before that the goal of the project was to create artificial life forms from mechanized and organic parts correct?” You nod slowly, you remembered every word of your previous conversations. “As you saw a heart is needed to power such a strong reactor without fail. It was the only way to get it to work. We snuck around behind Remilia’s back in order to get the hearts and, you didn’t see one, brains needed to power the machines. I was in charge of channeling massive amounts of magical energy into the hearts and brains to get them to work while in the non-organic bodies of the Gigi. The brains were needed to give the creatures their own thoughts, too make them truly sentient beings. It was a gruesome thing that we did.” She sighed slowly at the end of this small speech. The answer was enough for you for now, but you intended to learn more in time.

“Should I have left that thing running? No. Tell me Patchy, how do I turn off the reactor?”

“There are two ways to turn it off. One is to destroy the heart, and the other is a green button hidden behind one of the panels in the reactor room. No, I don’t think that it should be left running either. I’ll show you where after your last question.” Good, I don’t want to leave something like that running.

“How did Project Gigas really end?”

“It ended exactly as I had said. We messed up and one of the Gigi got loose and destroyed half of the Scarlet Devil Metropolis. When Remilia found out that we were behind it and confronted us we were more than happy to put down the project and never pick it up again.” That’s good enough, and you can tell she is telling the truth by the way she says it all.

After a brief period of silence Patchy escorts you to the reactors fail switch. She also explains that there is no way to turn it back on once turned off. When you get out of the now dead Gigi you find your squad waiting for you and Patchy. The lieutenant looks none too pleased with what just transpired and probably wants answers. He walks straight over to the two of you looks straight at Patchy and says “You have a lot of explaining to do Librarian. What the hell is this thing, and what are we really doing here?! If you don’t answer my questions me and my men are not going anywhere near that base!”

Patchy looks like she’s about to either blast the giant or just walk straight into the base.

Should I do something here? What should I do…

[] just stay quiet and let the situation resolve itself.
[] Side with Patchy. If so…
- [] say that the information is classified as politely as you can and walk straight towards the base with Patch in tow.
- [] tell him that it’s really not his business and walk away to the base with Patch.
- [] tell him to back out now before more of his men die and go in alone with Patchy.
- [] write-in/add-on
[] Side with the lieutenant. If so…
- [] tell him the full truth and betray Patchy’s trust.
- [] write-in/add-on
**********

You cannot pick both sides. If anyone has Patchy pics please I'm running very low sadly.
>> No. 35321
I'm also allowing for multiple relationships at once and harem endings.
>> No. 35322
[] Side with Patchy. If so…
- Something about it being a old classified black project. Can't say more then that. Try to be as polite as possible, stating that you've only learned a bit today yourself but can't say more.
>> No. 35323
[X] Side with Patchy.
- [X] "You don't trust your commanding officer, sir? If it hadn't been for her, more than one of us could have died because of this thing. She has more situational awareness on this whole mission than anyone else here, and I doubt ANY member of this squad wants to be led in blind. And frankly, I'd trust the second in command of the SDA with my life any day of the week as opposed to you, sir."
-[X] Start to walk inside with Patchy. "We can't back out now. Not when we're this close. Besides, I don't think Remilia will be too happy knowing that we backed out of an assignment just because one upstart lieutenant didn't know what was going on. We're soldiers of the Scarlet Devil Army, sir. Whatever challenge comes at us, we do NOT back down from it."
-[X] Dramatically walk inside

Here's my shot at it. Couple of years in the military will do this to ya.
>> No. 35324
>>35322 here

I like >>35323 's idea better. Switching my vote to this! Needs some summer blockbuster movie music to it too!
>> No. 35325
[x] Side with Patchy. If so…
- [x] Politely mention that the reason why this turned as well as it did was due to her planning and battle awareness.
- [x] say that the information is classified as politely as you can and walk straight towards the base with Patch in tow.

I don't think she'd get too mouthy at this point.
>> No. 35327
>>35323

I'll also go with this, but I think it could be worded better. Have it a little nicer, you know?
>> No. 35328
[x] Side with Patchy. If so…
- [x] Politely mention that the reason why this turned as well as it did was due to her planning and battle awareness.
- [x] say that the information is classified as politely as you can and walk straight towards the base with Patch in tow.
- [X] "Sir, we've already established our presence by disabling what appears to be one of the enemy's primary defenses. At this point, there is no use in turning back even if we wanted to. As part of the Scarlet Devil Army, we do not back down from any challenge presented to us, especially if it's in the face of the enemy. I think...no, I know we will be safe in the hands of the SDA's second-in-command."

>>35323 here, edited it a bit for content since we don't appear to be on the hot-blooded route.
>> No. 35331
[x] Side with Patchy. If so…
- [x] Politely mention that the reason why this turned as well as it did was due to her planning and battle awareness.
- [x] say that the information is classified as politely as you can and walk straight towards the base with Patch in tow.
- [X] "Sir, we've already established our presence by disabling what appears to be one of the enemy's primary defenses. At this point, there is no use in turning back even if we wanted to. As part of the Scarlet Devil Army, we must not back down from any challenge presented to us, especially if it's in the face of the enemy. I think...no, I know we will be safe in the hands of the SDA's second-in-command."

Sounds a LOT nicer than the more chastising the lieutenant angle. This option sounds more along the lines of "we can't turn back now" instead of "quit being a bitch." Also, just changed the "do not" to "must not" just to sound a bit less like a smartass.
>> No. 35332
Calling vote and the winner is...

[x] Side with Patchy. If so…
- [x] Politely mention that the reason why this turned as well as it did was due to her planning and battle awareness.
- [x] say that the information is classified as politely as you can and walk straight towards the base with Patch in tow.
- [X] "Sir, we've already established our presence by disabling what appears to be one of the enemy's primary defenses. At this point, there is no use in turning back even if we wanted to. As part of the Scarlet Devil Army, we must not back down from any challenge presented to us, especially if it's in the face of the enemy. I think...no, I know we will be safe in the hands of the SDA's second-in-command."

Yay! A very good write-in to help Tori with the Lieutenant and get more Patchy points.
>> No. 35333
File 126954941954.jpg - (140.66KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 6.jpg ) [iqdb]
35333
Your rolls for this talk. Oh look you finally got a bad roll, not that it matters because all you needed to beat Rock’s charisma you already had. The OP is almost over!

Charisma- 2+16=18

Luck- 12+14+1=27
>> No. 35334
File 126954961130.jpg - (110.59KB , 800x800 , PatchouliKnowledge-038.jpg ) [iqdb]
35334
I’m with Patchy on this argument, but I have to think up something to say quickly before this escalates.

“Um, excuse me for the interjection but lieutenant I think you should back down from this argument.”

“Say what? Why the hell would I do that?! One of my men died because of misinformation on this battlefield today!” The giant bellows at you from above, although you are not intimidated by him.

“Sir, the plan of attack on this base was set up by this Librarian who stands before you to prevent casualties on this mission. Without her here more than just one of your men would have died today. In fact the whole squad would probably be dead by now without her, including me and you. She was the one who got me onto the, um, the mech to disable it and she was the one who distracted the thing with powerful magic.”

“Okay so you do have a point there, but it still would have been better for all of us if we knew what the hell that thing is. I know that it isn’t normal. No mech can create that kind of mana fluctuation.”

I can’t tell him what is really going on here.

“Sorry sir but that information is highly classified and even I only know the smallest portion of it. All I’ll tell you is that The Empress declared this classified herself, and her decision is absolute.”

“Shit, I am still not leading my men into that base without some kind of explanation, and that is my final decision!” He stomped the ground in frustration and pointed a finger accusingly at you.

"Sir, we've already established our presence by disabling what appears to be one of the enemy's primary defenses. At this point, there is no use in turning back even if we wanted to. As part of the Scarlet Devil Army, we must not back down from any challenge presented to us, especially if it's in the face of the enemy. I think...no, I know we will be safe in the hands of the SDA's second-in-command.” You tell him this with a tone of finality that you hadn’t ever even used before or even thought you had.

“You-You’re right I guess. Wait a second. Second-in-command of the SDA! She’s Patchouli Knowledge! Oh Shit! Mistress please accept my apologies! I didn’t realize who you were, and I will definitely be following you inside ma’am.” The lieutenant turns and goes to gather his squad to assault the inside of the base.

As you and Patchy turn and walk towards the base you take a look at her just as she does the same to you. She smiles again, this time a bit more than before, and it seems like she’s holding back a laugh. You think that you could get used to this. You let out a small laugh of your own then set your mind back on the task at hand.

Time to go rescue a prisoner!

As you moved through the facility you broke up into two groups. The first group with you, Patchy, and Rock, the lieutenant’s name, and the second group with the rest of the squad. The second group was sent to clear the base of any remaining soldiers while your group headed down to the prison cell area.

The prison was broken down into three long corridors, each lined with cells. All of the cells were currently empty and looked like they hadn’t even been used in many years. There were two doors in the prison with supposedly went to solitary confinement cells you guessed.

Which door should you open first?

[] The door on the east side of the prison.
[] The door on the north side of the prison.
>> No. 35335
By the way, I found a remix of locked girl to use as a battle theme and here it is. If you like it listen to it while fighting with Patchy. I've also decided to use remixes of everyone’s theme songs as battle music if that's okay with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awtLs8RzIU8
>> No. 35336
>>35334
Once again I forgot to tell you something. Please put a number between 1 and 5 to determine who the prisoner will be.
>> No. 35338
[X] The door on the east side of the prison.

[X] 4

>“You-You’re right I guess. Wait a second. Second-in-command of the SDA! She’s Patchouli Knowledge! Oh Shit! Mistress please accept my apologies! I didn’t realize who you were, and I will definitely be following you inside ma’am.” The lieutenant turns and goes to gather his squad to assault the inside of the base.

ownage.png
>> No. 35340
[X] The door on the east side of the prison.

[X] 4

I wonder if we could check out the other door after this.
>> No. 35341
>>35340
You end up checking both doors. This is just to determine which chain of events you'll get.
>> No. 35344
What the heck, I got no clue so I'll just go with the flow on this one.

[X] The door on the east side of the prison.

[X] 4
>> No. 35345
Calling thy vote to an end. Thyne winner is...

[X] The door on the east side of the prison.

[X] 4

Writing now.
>> No. 35348
File 126958069119.jpg - (142.44KB , 1366x775 , dice roll 7.jpg ) [iqdb]
35348
More dice rolls!

Magic- 18+13=31
Intelligence- 13+18=31
Charisma- 14+16=30
Luck- 15+14+1=30
>> No. 35349
File 126958084112.jpg - (394.29KB , 800x1033 , 81ed5a80f5cd5a3290aa6b44aad1190eb2817a58.jpg ) [iqdb]
35349
I guess it doesn’t really matter that much which door I open first. This one on the east wall is closer though so let’s go to that one first.

You walk towards the door and signal the others to follow. As you near the door you see that it is locked with a very highly sophisticated pad lock that used a seven digit code to open the door. Since you don’t feel any major disturbances in the mana of the air around you decide that it is safe enough to open the lock the loud and quick way. You take out your morph-tool which you immediately turn it into a small blowtorch and begin to burn away at the lock.

After about thirty seconds you here the small click you had been listening for and put your tool away, silently thanking whoever made the thing in the first place. Your party takes position opposite you on the other side of the door waiting for you to swing it open so they can clear the inside if needed. “On the count of three.” You mouth your words silently.

“1…2…3!

You swing open the door and Rock and Patchy barge into the room gun and spell at the ready. A sensation of freezing cold sweeps over you the minute you come in after them. As you look around you begin to understand quickly. The whole room on the inside is encased in ice and snow, as if some kind of blizzard had blown through it just moments ago. The walls were completely frozen over. The ceiling had stalactites made of ice hanging down. The floor was covered by almost a foot of snow. The only way to explain how it all got there was magic. This is further clarified to you as Patchy puts down her arms to her sides and simply states “She’s here” and walks towards the back of the room where the largest icicle you had ever seen in your life was attached to the back wall. Rock stayed outside the door as a lookout and you moved to stand beside Patchy.

You brush away some of the snow that had attached to the iceberg to see if there was something inside it. What you see on the inside certainly startles you. On the inside, completely frozen into the ice is a girl in a blue dress with white trim, short white sleeves, and red neckerchief under a white collar. She wore white socks which cut off just below the knee and blue shoes. Her hair was a light blue with a green and blue ribbon tied to the back, and she had what appeared to be six transparent blue wings made of ice floating near her back. She was short; at least a foot shorter than you and looked very much like a young girl.

A fairy! I thought that fairies had gone extinct thirty years ago when technology had begun to advance very rapidly. This is incredible! To think that one of their kind is even still alive! As you contemplate this Patchy knocks on the mound of ice before and begins speaking.

“Cirno come on. It’s time to wake up and get out of here. Remilia and the others miss you.” Having said this, the small fairy mumbles a little bit and peeks out from under her eyelids at the two of you. She seems to recognize Patchy and says something that goes unheard through the ice. She begins to sit up and stretch the sleep out of her bones while still inside the iceberg, apparently the whole top half of the ice was hollow for her to move around in.

She must have made it to sleep away the days that she was imprisoned here. Aw, she’s pretty cute when she’s sleepy. You chuckle a little as the fairy, Cirno was her name, walks towards you and shoos you back. After you are a safe distance away she puts her hand against the wall of the ice and says a few words. The ice in front of her shatters loudly and falls to the snow. Cirno hops out of her quaint dwelling walks over to the two of you.

“Hey Patchy *yawn* Watcha’ doin’. I thought that I still had another month’s vacation before I had to go back this time?” Her voice is slightly high and girly despite her etiquette. For some reason you have the sudden urge to pick her up in a big hug and spin her around in circles, and to ruffle up her hair a bit. She looks up at you sleepily with big eyes.

“Who’re you?” To be honest you can’t really decide what you want to say or do. What do you say and what do you do?

You say…
[] nothing.
[] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[] hi Cirno I’m Tori, and you’re really cute!
[] write-in/add-on.

You do…
[] nothing
[] pick her up in a big hug and spin her around in circles then ruffle up her hair a bit.
[] just pick her up in a big hug and spin her around in circles.
[] just ruffle up her hair a bit.
[] hold out your hand.
[] bow.
[] write-in/add-on.
***********

This section is supposed to be lighthearted so I encourage you to do whatever you want other than molest her, OK. Also yes I am now Scarlet Servant if you were wondering.
>> No. 35350
[X] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[X] just ruffle up her hair a bit.

Totally. Did not. See that coming. Then again, there's really little that could hold Flan, let alone capture her to begin with. But Cirno just woke up, we don't want to make her dizzy.
>> No. 35351
>>35350
I guess that it's okay to tell you guys what numbers corresponded to what characters now.

1=Sakuya
2=Flan
3=Meiling
4=Cirno
5=Koakuma
>> No. 35352
>>35350
If it was Flan you would have found her hooked up to a nuclear reactor that was sapping her strength and using her to power the facility. She had been kidnapped by a rogue agent.
>> No. 35353
>>35351

I'm guessing that now that we have Cirno, the other four were never kidnapped, correct?
>> No. 35355
[X] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[X] just ruffle up her hair a bit.

Want to get the affection rating up, but not too high. Cirno feels too cute and little for a possible future relationship (Remilia or bust!)
>> No. 35356
>>35353
That would be correct, sorry.
>> No. 35357
Just so that everyone knows I made Cirno more than just a little ball of fluff and moe, and this will really come out in your next battle. In case you were thinking "Oh great now we've got a stupid little fairy on the team that actually sucks at fighting."
>> No. 35358
[X] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[X] just ruffle up her hair a bit.

Really didn't expect Cirno, but I happen to like her, so I can't complain.
>> No. 35359
>>35352

Well damn. Hate to see how the other 3 scenarios would have panned out then.

Besides, she's the strongest! just currently sleepy and disorientated right now.

[X] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[X] just ruffle up her hair a bit.
>> No. 35362
>>35357
So Cirno is going to be badass and moe in one story?

[X] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[X] just ruffle up her hair a bit.
>> No. 35364
>>35357
From the sounds of it 100's of years have passed since then. Someone of Cirno's fight happy nature certainly would have taken a few levels in badass in that time.

>>35355
Why not Patchouli, Sakuya or Meiling?

[X] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[X] just ruffle up her hair a bit.

I get the impression she wouldn't care too much for cute remarks, and that she's too out of it for spinning her around to be any good. But unless she reveals otherwise, Cirno's strictly little sister tier at the moment.
>> No. 35365
Calling it again. This wins.

[X] pleased to meet you Cirno I’m Tori!
[X] just ruffle up her hair a bit.

>>35362
Yes.

>>35355
Remember, you can have multiple relationships if you can manage them. You could probably find one way or another to get Remi my master to share.

>>35364
It's been about 150 years since the events of UFO.

>>35359
Do you want to see the summaries of the other scenarios?
[] yes
[] no
>> No. 35367
>>35365

[x] YES
>> No. 35370
[X] OF COURSE!
>> No. 35375
I'll stick in the summaries after the update then.
>> No. 35380
File 126964201278.jpg - (53.81KB , 765x775 , cirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
35380
She’s so cute! I can’t just sit here without doing something to her.

“Hey Cirno!” As you say this you put a hand on her head and shake around her hair. “I’m Tori, nice to meet you!” She squints her eyes closed and smiles as you shake her head. When you’re done she looks back at you seemingly more awake than before, and laughs a little.

“Thanks, no one’s done that to me in a long time and I’d kind’a forgotten how much I liked it. I wish more people would do those kinds of things to me. Anyway, it’s nice to meet you too Tori!” he wears a big smile as she says this, and you can’t help but think that she uses it often. Cirno then turns to Patchy with the same smile.

“I guess my vacations over, huh? Oh well, I’ve been out for four months; it’d be about time I got back t’a’ the confusion that’s war.” Patchy sighs at the word vacation but responds “Yes Cirno, it is time to get back to this war.”

“Best that we get goin’ then! Time to rip apart some more Gigi! Oh yeah that’s right. Before we leave this place, have you guy’s checked the other door down here?” You both shake your head no. “Well then, Tori, it seems you’ll get to see me in action before the day’s out.”

“I’m looking forward to it.” You tell her with a smile almost as large as her own. As you walk out the door you and Cirno go to Rock for introductions. What you see of Cirno here is completely different than before.

“Attention Soldier!” is the first thing that Cirno says to the giant. Apparently size didn’t bother her at all. She stood with her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face. Her voice sounded like someone’s who had been through many hardships, and definitely not like the little girl voice from before. It sounds kind of like Rocks own except higher in pitch.

Rock just stared at the girl like this was one big joke. Cirno was clearly impatient as after a few moments she yelled “C’mon dammit what are you deaf!” Rock looks at you incredulously and you flash him a look that says just do it. Rock slowly complies whilst still slightly confused and salutes to Cirno.

“You need to work on respecting people of higher rank who are also your elders. I’m Cirno and I’ll just call you lieutenant for now okay. I lead the Direct Strike Forces of the SDA and am one of the captains of Remilia’s personal guard, so you will respect me. Although you should without me saying that as I’m at least three hundred years older than you. Now take the back spot of our little squad here.”

Wow! It’s like she’s a completely different person in front of him. I must say she looks pretty tough like this. Cirno takes point position of the squad and leads the four of you over to the other door. When she reaches the door she stops and turns to the three of you.

“On the inside of this room is a spider type Gigi with multy-segmented shielding. If the four of us concentrate our fire on one section of the shield it should break easily. After that just leave it to me and this will be over in no time at all.” She sounds like she already had this all planned out in her head. It was a sound strategy so you decided to trust her with it.

The four of you decide to target the Gigi’s back section because it is the largest and would be the most stretched segment of the shield. The more it was stretched the weaker it was and in such a confined space killing this thing quickly was the key.

The other three take position on the door as you begin to pick at the lock taking the long way and actually hacking it this time. It takes you about three and a half minutes to open the lock and as soon as you do you take position behind Cirno.

Cirno signals Rock to open the door. He quickly throws the door open and rushes inside and behind him went Cirno. You went in next leaving Patchy for last. This Gigi looked exactly like you expected it to, just a big metal spider. It was about your height and pretty much fit in four cubic yards total. It didn’t seem to have any weapons but it looked very fast.

You immediately emptied your first clip into the spiders back as it was in plain sight being, as you predicted, larger than the rest of it. You also decided it would be best not to stay anywhere for more than a few seconds and began to move around while reloading. You could hear the gunfire of Rocks rifle, and saw average sized icicles and more small boulders flying at it. The spider reacted quickly however immediately jumping at Cirno.

Cirno floated up just in time to dodge. She seemed to moving as little as possible and the less she moved the more she fired you saw. You emptied another clip into the spider, but only about half the shots hit. You decided that it was good enough however as you could see the shield beginning to waver already. The spells and gunfire kept flying as the Gigi pounced again, this time straight at Rock.

He wasn’t as lucky as Cirno though and the Spider launched him straight into the wall hard enough to shake the whole room. You were pretty sure that he was only unconscious though. A giant was hard as hell to take down physically. As you empty your third clip about halfway through you see the shield flash and your shots begin to ricochet off the hard metal. You call out to Cirno but it seems see had already noticed, because she was flying right at the creature.

She slammed into it with more force than the Rock had hit the wall, and as she hit it you saw spikes of ice erupt all over the Gigi’s body. It seemed to writhe in agony for a few seconds on the ground before completely deactivating completely. You are amazed at the gruesome beauty of the sight. It looks more like an award winning ice sculpture now then a disabled killing machine.

You run over to the lieutenant who is now sitting up with no apparent damage to anything but his armor. You give silent thanks. Now that the battle was over you had a little time to calm down, but you feel the urge to speak with someone.

Who do you speak with and what about?

[] Cirno
- [] compliment her on the fancy sculpture and ruffle her hair again.
- [] write-in/add-on
[] Patchy
- [] “Is she always like that?”
- [] write-in/add-on
[] Rock
- [] ask how he is and see if he needs help.
- [] write-in/add-on

There you go. Aftermath report soon and the other scenario summaries soon.
>> No. 35382
Aftermath Report

Casualties:
- None

Injuries:
- Rock

Survived:
- You
- Patchy
- Cirno
- Rock: dazed

Experience:
You- 30% to level 3. Gained level 2.
Patchy- 28% to level 6.
Cirno- 3% to level 8.
Rock- 15% to level 4.

Items gained:
- None

Perks gained:
- None

Monsters added to bestiary:
Spider Gigi (medium)

Bestiary and Inventory can check at any time.
>> No. 35383
[X] Cirno
- [X] compliment her on the fancy sculpture and ruffle her hair again.

Oh yeah, I think I'm gonna like this Cirno for sure.
>> No. 35384
[x] Rock
- [x] ask how he is and see if he needs help.

And if possible:

[x] Cirno
- [x] compliment her on the fancy sculpture and ruffle her hair again.
[x] Patchy
- [x] “Is she always like that?”
- [x] "I'm tempted to ask about the other big names in the army.
>> No. 35387
>I lead the Direct Strike Forces of the SDA and am one of the captains of Remilia’s personal guard, so you will respect me. Although you should without me saying that as I’m at least three hundred years older than you. Now take the back spot of our little squad here."

hellmotherfuckingyeah.jpg

[X] Rock
- [X] ask how he is and see if he needs help.
- [X] "That was a pretty harsh shot. You were almost a Rock sandwich."

[X] Cirno
- [X] compliment her on the fancy sculpture and ruffle her hair again.
-- [X] Make as decent an ice pun as you can manage.

[X] Patchy
- [X] “Is she always like this?”
- [X] "Looks like our first mission was a success. Now we should get out of here before they send reinforcements."
>> No. 35388
Good thing we picked the east door instead of the north door first, right? Also, WO'HO new level! Now how does leveling up deal with stats?

[X] Rock
- [X] ask how he is and see if he needs help.
[X] Cirno
- [X] compliment her on the fancy sculpture and ruffle her hair again.
[X] Patchy
- [X] “Is she always like that?”
- [X] "I'm tempted to ask about the other big names in the army."

[X] Inventory
[X] Beastery: Spider Gigi (medium)

We should look at our inventory every time we finish a battle and check each new creature added to the beastery, so we know more about our opponents in the future.
>> No. 35390
Here are the quick summaries I promised.

With Meiling and Sakuya you would have found them strung up to the back wall by chains. They had been tortured to the point that would have killed most people. I would have made you fight the spider in the hallways after it ambushes you. The one you rescued would tell you that the other door leads to a lab with medical equipment where you would have healed them.

With Koakuma you would have found her in the room inside a tungsten cage surrounded by a holy sealing circle which sapped her strength and left her in constant pain. In the other room with the spider you would have also fought the one who was controlling the magic circle. You would have seen the heartwarming reunion of master and familiar

>>35388
Leveling happens at the SDM or during checkpoints in the mission.
>> No. 35391
Inventory check:

RIAK-330 basic shield- The standard issue shield of the Scarlet Devil Army for personnel who are not specifically for combat. It’s cheap but reliable and recharges slowly over time. Made by the RIAK Company who creates many of the standard issue arms and armor for the Scarlet Devil Army.

-350 to shield, with a 5% recharge per minute.

Projectile SMG- This was a gun your father gave to you to practice modding weapons on. As it goes the gun actually turned out quite well and you decided to take it with you instead of the standard assault rifle of new recruits. Switchable between single shot and fully-automatic.

-25 damage per round, 35 shots in a clip, with a fire rate of 8.5 rounds per second.
-Damage mod for +5 damage, and a rate of fire mod for +1.5 rounds per second.

RIAK-330 energy pistol- The standard issue pistol of the Scarlet Devil Army. Recharges instead of using ammunition, a must for current secondary’s. Single shot.

-15-20 damage per round, and has a recharge rate of 100% per minute.

Your key- A gift from your mother. She said it didn’t actually go to anything it was just a memento to remember her by. Never the less, it has given you courage before and seems to be quite the good luck charm to boot.

-+1 to all stats in dire situations and passive +1 to luck

A work belt- You hold all your tools and ammunition in this belt. You have a morphing tool in the right hand pouch that can change shape to many different kinds of tools.

Ammunition- 9 SMG clips

35000 yen
>> No. 35392
Bestiary check:
1.Basic human guard- Just a regular in the Saviors army. No special traits. Wields various projectile and energy weapons. Low shielding.
Strength- 10
Magic- 10
Agility- 10
Intelligence- 10
Charisma- 10
Luck- 10

# killed=0

2.Basic Scorpion Gigi (large)- A very large scorpion shaped Gigi. Large enough to climb on and sabotage from the inside. 107mm cannon on the front, gatling gun on end of tail, and large spinning blades that replace the pincers. Very high shielding.
Strength- 18
Magic- 13
Agility- 6
Intelligence- 5
Charisma- 4
Luck- 5

# killed=1

3.Spider Gigi (medium)- An average sized spider shaped Gigi. Has a segmented shield which is easily destroyed with successive attacks, but recharges quickly. No weapons. Very quick and can jump long distances. Very dangerous in close-quarters.
Strength- 15
Magic- 10
Agility- 16
Intelligence- 6
Charisma- 4
Luck- 6

# killed=1
>> No. 35396
>“Hey Patchy *yawn* Watcha’ doin’. I thought that I still had another month’s vacation before I had to go back this time?” Her voice is slightly high and girly despite her etiquette. For some reason you have the sudden urge to pick her up in a big hug and spin her around in circles, and to ruffle up her hair a bit. She looks up at you sleepily with big eyes.

It's pretty badass to refer to being imprisoned as a vacation.
>> No. 35399
[x] Rock
- [X] ask how he is and see if he needs help.
[X] Cirno
- [X] compliment her on the fancy sculpture and ruffle her hair again.
[X] Patchy
- [X] “Is she always like that?”
- [X] "I'm tempted to ask about the other big names in the army."

Don't think we have to worry about enemy reinforcements. We got a big friggin' ship and I believe Patcy made no mention of them, she wouldn't neglect to mention that.

Also someone asked why not Patchy and a couple others, sorry typing and searching on a iTouch is a pita sometimes, well I'm a Remifag. That and I already had some Patchy attention with Taisa in /th/.
>> No. 35402
Uhm, just wondering, but why are there always less posts on the weekends? Oh, and I'm writing using the vote...

[x] Rock
- [X] ask how he is and see if he needs help.
[X] Cirno
- [X] compliment her on the fancy sculpture and ruffle her hair again.
[X] Patchy
- [X] “Is she always like that?”
- [X] "I'm tempted to ask about the other big names in the army."

... because I'm bored and I need something to do. I'm fairly certain that no one will complain. This update might be kind of small though.
>> No. 35403
>>35402

Because Anon is out partying on weekends.
>> No. 35404
>>35402

Well font know about the others but I always check atleast a few times a day, not much else to do at work.
>> No. 35405
>>35403>>35404
Good enough for me. I was just a little confused, because I'm able to check more on the weekends than the weekends. Of course that might just be because I'm the freak with almost no social life other then the anime conventions I go to.
>> No. 35406
>>35405
>...weekends than the weekends.
>...weekends than the weekdays.

Wow me!
>> No. 35408
It's always slower on the weekends,but it picks up monday or tuesday.

The cause: Anon having things to do and the habit of most writefags to take breaks during this time.
>> No. 35410
File 126966855189.jpg - (70.22KB , 343x500 , af7d00ea625689327b71ccc603d2fa130a6db071.jpg ) [iqdb]
35410
You turn back towards Rock deciding it might be better to further check on his condition.

“Hey Rock. You took a big hit there. How do you feel? Do need some help getting up?”

“Hmm, oh no I’m alright. Just a bit dazed from the impact. It’ll take more than that to stop old stubborn me.” He says with a chuckle. You think it’s safe to assume that he’s okay. Now that you know that he’s okay you can go check with the others as well. Cirno first you decide.

“Hey Cirno!” you say as you walk up to where she was staring at her handiwork. It did look quite nice you had to admit. You slap your hand on her hair and ruffle it up again while you talk. “That’s a nice sculpture you got there! It’s too bad it’s too big to fit through the doorway though. It’d make a nice trophy for completing my first mission with apparently flying colors.”

She looks up at you with huge eyes again and folds here arms behind her back. “Y-you did do pretty good. Well because you did so good i-if you really wanted me to I-I could make a smaller one for you. That’s o-only if really think you need it though!” She looked away from you as she said this and puffed out her cheeks a little. Her face was starting to turn red from embarrassment.

“That’d be great Cirno! Maybe once we’re done here and if I can find a good place to put it.” You ruffle her hair one last time leaving her flustered before walking over to Patchy. How could one person be so brutal and yet so cute at the same time? You think silently to yourself along the way. You approach Patchy with a few questions in mind.

“Has Cirno always been like that?” you ask as you walk up.

“For the most part yes ever since around a hundred years ago.” she tells you while leaning against the wall without even looking up from her book. “It’s time to extract however so we need to get going. If you have any more questions ask me on the way to the ship.”
“Just one for now actually, what are the other big names like?” Patchy just smiles at you after you finish. “Let’s just say they’ve all got their interesting qualities and leave the rest for you to figure out. You’ll probably meet more of them soon anyway.”

Well if she says so I won’t push it. It might be more interesting this way anyway.

You make it back to the ship and you’re cabin without incident. The other squad didn’t find anything of value in the base. The scorpion Gigi was loaded into the cargo bay and you’ve been studying it for the past three days as the cruiser slowly makes its way back to Earth. Patchy has assured you that on returning Remilia will want to see you. Patchy has been in the cargo bay with you explaining what little she knows of the Gigi to you. You go to the arcade often to play with Cirno. You find her as most enjoyable company despite almost giving you nose bleeds through her cuteness and her tendency to order others about continuously. You become friends with both of them on the way back. Cirno makes you the little ice sculpture and you set it on the table in your room. Now you lay down in your bed anticipating tomorrow. The day you return to Earth.
*********

Loading level up system and overall mission performance now.
>> No. 35411
Mission Performance Evaluation

Overall Grade: SS

Enemies defeated: 100%
Allies survived: 91%
Allies uninjured: 73%
Major objectives completed: 100%
Side objectives completed: 100%

Harder paths taken multiplier: *1.1

Total Percent: 510.40% out of 550%

You gain 40% extra experience for your excellent performance!

Experience:

You- 70% to level 3
**********

Still loading Leveling Module.
>> No. 35412
Congratulations! You gained level 2!

You earn 2 stat points to distribute!

[] strength- 13
[] Magic- 13
[] Agility- 15
[] Intelligence- 18
[] Charisma- 16
[] Luck- 14

Perks gained upon leveling, and this time from the mission which I forgot to put in the summary:

Gigi knowledge, rank 1- You have slight knowledge of the inner workings of the Gigi and gain +1 to both luck and intelligence when fighting them.

Experienced, rank 1- gain +1 to a specific stat in dire situations.

Magical affinity- your elements now affect your attacks on others.

Mana pool- you can now gather mana from the air around you to cast spells. Your mana pool now contains 20 mana.

Magically able, rank 1- You gain the ability to use simple spells that you have been taught or have learned yourself.

Gain 1 new trait selection:

[] Weapon proficiency - you are more proficient with all weapons, making them less likely to fail.
[] Shield proficiency - Shields have slightly higher capacity and recharge slightly faster.
[] Quick learner- gain 10% extra experience from enemies.
[] larger mana pool- gain +10 mana maximum for the mana pool.

Pick 3 of the following spells to learn:

[] Ice shot 1- imbue your bullets with ice damage. Passive. Takes up 5 mana continuously while in use. Learn from Cirno.

[] Ice wall 1- Create a wall of ice five feet high and ten feet wide to take cover behind or launch foes in the air from below. Active. 15 mana to cast. Learn from Cirno.

[] ice affinity- upgrades the stats of all ice spells. Gives you resistance to ice and water. You don’t get cold from anything. Does not make you weak to fire. Passive. Learn from Cirno.

[] heal 1- heal slight injuries, does not repair shields. Active. 15 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

[] fire ball 1- send a wave of five fire balls at up to five targets. Active. 15 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

[] rock fall 1- drop three small boulders on up to three targets. Active. 15 mana to cast. Learn from Patchy.

I recommend…

[x] +1 to magic
[x] +1 to agility
[x] Larger mana pool
[x] ice shot
[x] ice wall
[x] ice affinity

… but you may pick whatever you want. Also with the spells you don’t need to have the first tear of a spell to get later tears. Like you don’t need heal 1 to get heal 2 for example. You should give at least one to your magic stat however because you may end up using more magic than you think.
>> No. 35413
>Patchy has assured you that on returning Remilia will want to see you

Oooohhhh boy. Waiting to see how she'll be like. Evil devil or typical haughty princess that flirts with everyone?

>You find her as most enjoyable company despite almost giving you nose bleeds through her cuteness and her tendency to order others about continuously

HNNNGGGHHH!!

>Overall Grade: SS

We're badasses, or we're in the making, for sure.
>> No. 35414
One more vote to determine what's going on when you meet my Mistress.

[] 1
[] 2
[] 3
>> No. 35415
[x] +1 to magic
[x] +1 to agility
[x] Larger mana pool
[x] ice shot
[x] ice wall
[x] ice affinity

Sounds good to me. Of course I am assuming we may have other party members that can heal for us (i.e. Patchy or future member). If that's not true though, let me know will ya? I might or might not switch that up.
>> No. 35416
>>35415 here

Sorry didn't see that last vote choice till after I posted. Roll'ed and I'm going with...

[x] 3
>> No. 35417
>>35415
For now yes there will always be someone who can heal on the team you are placed in. Later on you get to chose your party, so you just have to make sure that you pick one.
>> No. 35418
I probably won't be able to update for the next 24 hours everyone. Mistress Flandre wishes I keep her company for the day.
>> No. 35419
[X] +1 to magic
[X] +1 to strength
[X] Quick learner
[X] Ice shot
[X] Ice wall
[X] Ice affinity

[X] 3

> Overall Grade: SS

Thanks to our awesome luck for the prologue. The only bad roll we got was when it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Also, this played in my head when we entered the adding stats phase: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1MCFouuLU&feature=related
>> No. 35420
[X] +1 to magic
[X] +1 to strength
[X] Quick learner
[X] Ice shot
[X] Ice wall
[X] Ice affinity

[X] 3

Sounds good, not to say that Patchy's offerings aren't nice, but Cirno's are a bit more versatile.

I think as far as our rank goes, I think we did everything as well as we could (That one fatality was something kinda out of our hands)
>> No. 35422
[x] +1 to magic
[x] +1 to agility
[x] Larger mana pool
[x] ice shot
[x] ice wall
[x] ice affinity

Damn it, I wanted that fireball spell too. We do owe something to Patchy though for this. We came through big time for her on this mission where she did rely pretty heavily on us and she probably does hope that we'll see her again pretty soon.

[X] 3

The magic number NEVER fails!
>> No. 35423
[x] +1 to magic
[x] +1 to agility
[x] Larger mana pool
[x] ice shot
[x] ice wall
[x] ice affinity

Can't really see anything wrong with what you recommended so going with that.

[X] 3
>> No. 35426
[x] +1 to magic
[x] +1 to agility
[x] Larger mana pool
[x] ice shot
[x] ice wall
[x] ice affinity

[x] 3
>> No. 35428
>>35422
I don't think Patchy will be offended by this at all. She'd advise Tori to select teammates to cover up her holes.
>> No. 35429
This is the winner. New character sheet in the making, and opening up first interactions with the Scarlet's.

[x] preselected level up.
[x] 3

3 was the favorite scenario amung my D&D friends, as I am playing this through with them as our next campaign.
>> No. 35430
Name: Nitori “Tori” Nanashi; Level 2

Race: Half-breed (human and Kappa)

Appearance: See pic in >>34813 But with Nitori’s hat in dark green and a silver key strapped around her chest.

Class: Technician

Personality: Excitable, polite, and determined. Has a good humor and likes to joke around with others often. Always trying to better herself and others.

Background: Grew up working in her father’s garage. She knows inside and out of almost every aircraft and spacecraft in the army. She was also quite the tinkerer and made modifications to vehicles and weapons. Takes after Nitori, whom her mother named her after and who she plans on meeting one day.

Elements: Metal, ice, and Water

Difficulty: frustrating

Stats:

Strength-13
Magic-14
Agility-16
Intelligence-18
Charisma-16
Luck-14

Mana pool= 30 with 5% recharge per minute.

Perks:

Comprehension of technology, rank 2- +2 to anything involving technological skill and knowledge
Water Breathing- Can breathe in water
Good greetings- +1 to charisma when first meeting people
Inventor, rank 1- allows the ability to create simple (rank 1) machines from scrap and otherwise useless parts.
Modification of vehicles, rank 1- allows simple (rank 1) mods to be put on vehicles
Modification of weapons, rank 1- allows simple (rank 1) mods to be put on weapons
Gigi knowledge, rank 1- You have slight knowledge of the inner workings of the Gigi and gain +1 to both luck and intelligence when fighting them.
Experienced, rank 1- gain +1 to a specific stat in dire situations.
Magical affinity- your elements now affect your attacks on others.
Mana pool- you can now gather mana from the air around you to cast spells.
Magically able, rank 1- You gain the ability to use simple spells that you have been taught or have learned yourself.

Elemental Affinities:

Metal affinity 1- Extra damage from projectile weapons, and extra damage to metal armor.
Water affinity 1- Extra damage to fire enemies, extra damage from water spells, and faster swimming.
Ice affinity 1- Extra damage from ice spells, able to freeze water with touch, unable to get cold.

Traits:

Larger mana pool- gain +10 mana maximum for the mana pool.

Spell list:

Ice shot 1- imbue your bullets with ice. Passive. Bullets deal 10 extra ice damage. Takes up 5 mana continuously while in use. Learned from Cirno.

Ice wall 1- Create a wall of ice five feet high and ten feet wide to take cover behind or launch foes in the air from below, or to use as a platform to help scale steep cliffs and the like. Active. 15 mana to cast, lasts for 45 seconds, deals 110 damage. Learned from Cirno.
>> No. 35431
Sorry that I left you guys with nothing for so long. My inspiration just randomly died, but don't worry Mistress Remilia has given me what inspiration I need and I have begun writing once again. Expect a update soon.
>> No. 35432
>>35431

Don't worry about it if you can't post 5 updates in a day, while I do appreciate reading the story quickly as I can, I think we can all wait for you to post a quality update. You'll still updating a hell of a lot faster then most writefags do on this board.
>> No. 35433
File 12697461918.jpg - (106.91KB , 1110x769 , holloween EoSD.jpg ) [iqdb]
35433
>>35432
Thanks, but I didn't even notice I was updating so quickly.

You arrive on Earth the following day as planned. You had landed directly at the Scarlet Devil Mansion to your surprise. After you were offloaded you were escorted to a room to rest for the day. It seems that Remilia wasn’t exactly in the position to speak to anyone at the moment. You didn’t know that vampires could get sick.

The room you had been escorted to was colored a deep red like most of the mansions interior. It was actually quite nice and homey to you. There wasn’t much in the room; a large desk which you placed Cirno’s sculpture on, a large canopy bed in one corner with a nightstand and some kind of magically powered lamp, a window to your surprise as you didn’t see many on the outside, a wardrobe in the corner opposite the bed, and another door on the left wall near the bed. Behind that door was a large wash room which you decided to use immediately, your appearance wasn’t exactly great at the moment.

After a two hour long hot bath, you wrap a towel around your bare skin and walk out and over to the wardrobe hoping that there were clothes in it. Thankfully, there were many different full outfits and night outfits in it. You pick out a light blue silk nightgown to sleep in and slip into it after you are dry. You’re surprised yet again as the clothes are a perfect fit for you. You assume that they all are if one is and decide to get some sleep. You’d made a lot of progress already but there would be time to do other things later. You guessed that tomorrow would be the day that you meet with Remilia, better get rested up.

The next morning after you wake up and get washed you see that a note has been slipped under your door. The note says that there will be a big party today at the grand hall and that you should be dressed appropriately. That’s when you remember what day it is. It’s October 31, Halloween. You look at what kinds of clothing are in the wardrobe.

Most of them are dresses so you assume automatically that you should be wearing one of those. After a few moments of looking you take out the one you think fits the occasion best and put it on. Sure enough it fits perfectly and you go back into the washroom to take look in the mirror.

The dress was, (see pic and think of a cross between Patchy and Remi’s dresses, including the puffy hats and Remi and Flan’s button) well, stunning. You really liked the way you looked in it. As you walk out of the washroom you here a slight tapping at the door and go to answer.

At the door is a young youkai in French maid outfit. She states that she is here to show you the way to the party. You comply telling her that you just finished getting ready. As you’re walking down the halls you begin to wonder just what Remilia was like but then stop yourself. You’d be meeting her soon enough anyway.

**********
Party BGM:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkKshFceFw&feature=related
**********

You reach the largest set of double doors you’ve ever seen in your life and two guards slowly pull open the doors for you. As they open the doors the sound of music washes over you and many shades of orange, black, and purple come into view. Though the room was dimly lit there was still quite the party going on inside. Nothing was particularly going on other then talking, but it seemed like fun and like a good place to meet some new faces.

The young maid leads you through the crowds up towards where you would guess Remilia’s throne usually sat. There, instead of a throne however were four large beanie bag pumpkin chairs. You know because you used to have one. On the center chair was the vampire empress herself staring at the crowd with a bored expression on her face. She looked exactly like she did in the pictures and videos except she was wearing a dress similar to your own. On her left was her sister Mistress Flandre lying along the length of the chair resting her head in her hands and swinging her legs back and forth in time with the music. The chair on the immediately on the other side of her is empty, but the one further to her right was occupied by Patchy. As you guessed she was reading some book again. You were being led straight towards them.

As you neared they all looked up at you and Remilia smiled having seemingly lost her boredom. Patchy nodded at you a greeting and you did so in return. Flandre was… well you’re not sure exactly, she had a completely blank expression her face. You’re now right before Remilia. How do you greet her?

[] write-in
**********

I want to see what you guys can come up with because personally I have no idea. Good luck, remember that first impressions are very important! Next update will more than likely be very small.
>> No. 35435
I can't think of an write in at the moment but I think we should aim for something that acknowledges Remilia's title but not so stuffy, since if we're meeting her like this, we're making our way into her inner circle.
>> No. 35436
Damn how would you greet the ruler of the Scarlet Empire...

[x] Something that is still respectful to her, since she's the ruler and all, but warm and friendly. I just got no clue how to properly word it.

Also I was kinda curious, how were we gonna meet Remilia in choices 1 and 2?
>> No. 35437
>>35436

Choice 1 was meeting her in the middle of the planning of a large scale battle on a distant planet, and choice 2 was meeting her in her room after being given roam of the mansion and getting lost.
>> No. 35438
[X] Politely bow before her.
[X] "Corporal Nitori Nanashi reporting as requested, ma'am."
[X] "It's an honor to finally meet you in person, Lady Remilia."

Short, simple and to the point. Introduces ourselves, acknowledges her status as owner of the mansion as well as commander of the SDA. Since it's relatively an informal setting as far as us being in soldier mode goes, I don't think the need to salute her applies here.

Feel free to adjust as necessary.
>> No. 35439
Sorry, forgot to metion something important. I'm not letting you go back to previous points in the story. The only way that you will be able to go back is if you hit a bad end,not a normal end or a good end, period. If you hit a bad end I'm making you decide how many votes you go back as well. Bad ends occur only when you die, so if you screw up big time and get Remi killed or something you just keep going until something kills you.
>> No. 35440
>>35436 here

Well since I can't think of a thing really, I'm changing my vote to the above anon's

[X] Politely bow before her.
[X] "Corporal Nitori Nanashi reporting as requested, ma'am."
[X] "It's an honor to finally meet you in person, Lady Remilia."

But seriously, what the HELL can kill Remilia or even the other Gensokyo crew? Gotta avoid that if at all possible.
>> No. 35441
>>35440
Throw enough at anyone and eventually they get tired.
>> No. 35442
>>35441

Nothing lasts forever, not even the immortals. Just remove the magic, and they are basically better-than-average humans with extra parts attached.

The Hourai Elixir is pure magic by the way.
>> No. 35443
[X] Politely bow before her.
[X] "Corporal Nitori Nanashi reporting as requested, ma'am."
[X] "It's an honor to finally meet you in person, Lady Remilia."

I think Remilia will tell Tori to relax and
enjoy the part.

>>35440
Who to say that some Gensokyo natives aren't leading "The Saviors"; that or the moon sisters. The top ranked folks aren't invincible, but tough.
>> No. 35444
>>35443

Oh very good point, for some reason that just didn't cross my mind.
>> No. 35446
Vote called for...

[X] Politely bow before her.
[X] "Corporal Nitori Nanashi reporting as requested, ma'am."
[X] "It's an honor to finally meet you in person, Lady Remilia."

I like how Anon is finally debating things, just no shitstorms OK. This is for fun and we shouldn't end up yelling at each other about it.
>> No. 35449
File 126979764266.jpg - (29.79KB , 474x354 , 125174096133.jpg ) [iqdb]
35449
You decide that despite this being an informal party it might be a good idea to act slightly like you were meeting a new superior in the army. Although you decide against saluting, besides you never saluted anyone in the first place.

You take a step towards Remilia and bow to her like you do to all the people you first meet, albeit a little more than usual. “Corporal Nitori Nanashi reporting as requested Ma’am. It’s an honor to finally meet you in person Lady Remilia.” You say with your usual friendly smile and gestures. You wanted to come off as friendly and not just a soldier, but respectful of others. You heard Remilia chuckle a bit to your response.

“Hmm Hmm, so, the friendly yet respectful slightly formal approach is it. Well, works for me. Actually I quite prefer those types. However Miss Nanashi this is a party, there’s no need to be formal from this point out. Just think of me as any other person you meet at a party. This party is for people to have fun and meet new friends, not be bogged down by formalities.” Not exactly how you had expected her to react you admit, but you decide that you did indeed make a good first impression on her. “You can go ahead and do whatever you want here, just don’t go crashing the party alright. Oh and you don’t have to call me mistress, or lady, or anything like that, call me Remilia. Now, you can go and enjoy the party or you can stay here and chat with the three of us for a while. All up to you.”

You turn to look at Patchy who’s still just reading so you turn your gaze to Flandre. She looks exactly the same as before, staring at you blankly and unblinking. You wonder what to do because her staring was getting progressively more and more nerve wrecking. What do you do?

[] ignore Flandre.
[] Greet Flandre.
-[] politely, the same way as you greeted Remilia.
-[] Act as if she’s a kid and greet her as friendly as you can with her staring.
-[] Write-in /add-on

[] Sit in the extra chair and speak with them, it looked like no one had been in it since the party began.
[] Stay standing and speak with the three of them.
-If you stay to talk…
-[] talk with Remilia.
--[] ask her about herself.
---[] write-in
--[] ask her about what’s going to happen to you now.
--[] ask her about your room in the mansion.
--[] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
--[] ask her if you were going to speak with her later on the military aspects of your being here.
--[] write-in/add-on
-[] talk with Flandre
--[] ask her about herself.
---[] write-in
--[] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
--[] write-in/add-on
-[] talk with Patchy.
--[] ask her about herself.
---[] write-in
--[] ask her about the book she’s reading.
--[] ask her if she can teach you some magic later.
--[] write-in/add-on

[] tell them politely that you would like to wonder the party room for a while and meet some others. Pick four if you don’t speak with Remi and pick two if you do speak with her.
-[] 1
-[] 2
-[] 3
-[] 4
-[] 5
-[] 6
-[] 7
-[] 8
**********

It’s time to build up some relationships everyone! Sorry about the excessive amount of choices, but you can make even more if you want to. Just remember that the more of them you pick the slower my update will be.
>> No. 35451
[x] Greet Flandre.
-[x] Act as if she’s a kid and greet her as friendly as you can with her staring.

I feel she'd prefer friendliness than respect to her title.


[x] Sit in the extra chair and speak with them, it looked like no one had been in it since the party began.
-[x] talk with Flandre
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask what role she has in the army if she's involved.
----[x] Apologize if that offends her, just that you're curious after finding out Cirno and Patchouli's ranks.
---[x] Compliment her on her wings.
--[x] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
-[x] talk with Remilia.
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask if all the legends about her are true while mentioning some of them.
---[x] Regale her with some interesting tales from your past.
---[x] Ask her about anyone else interesting in the army, such as Cirno.
--[x] ask her about what’s going to happen to you now.
--[x] ask her about your room in the mansion.
--[x] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
--[x] ask her if you were going to speak with her later on the military aspects of your being here.
-[x] talk with Patchy.
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask about how the Librarians were formed.
---[x] Ask about the library here, you've heard it's among the finest in all the empire.
--[x] ask her about the book she’s reading.
--[x] ask her if she can teach you some magic in time, doesn't have to be soon.
[x] Politely tell them that you're going to walk around.
-[x]4
-[x]6

How random
>> No. 35452
>>35451
What do you mean by random?
>> No. 35453
>>35452
Just the number things for the choices, it's hard to make a smart decision at all. Sounds like if you needed to do something random, you could roll the dice on it.

Not really angry, but just remarking on such choices in general. They seem to be choices just for the sake of there being choices.

So what I do with these things is close my eyes and move my fingers over the number keys and randomly press one though I might try out that dice idea.
>> No. 35454
>>35453
I did that to pick what happens because I couldn't decide but I don't want you guys to know what's going to happen before it happens. I promise that I won't do it for important choices however, and the ones for this vote are for which people you’re going to meet while wandering the party.
>> No. 35455
>>35453
I read that wrong, if you guys want me to just make these kinds of choices by rolling dice please tell me.
[] yes
[] no
>> No. 35459
>>35455
[x] yes
>> No. 35461
>>35451
I'll vote for this Anon's choice, I'd copypasta it but this iTouch is being a stubborn pain in the ass right not.

Also i'll vote [x] Yes for the random, except when dealing with what enemy type we will be fighting.
>> No. 35464
>>35455
Alright then. From this point onward I'll only use the number thing for when I have multiple choices for picking enemies, which dosen't happen very often.
>> No. 35472
Anxious to see what sort of Flandre itll be once we hit 3 votes. Is this one a little sister type, lil sister but mature or the BATSHIT INSANE type?
>> No. 35476
>>35472
The kind of Flandre that prefers it when you fucking punctuate.
>> No. 35477
Don't bring that sorta trash and minor trolling to this thread please. We like how it is right now, nice and peaceful.
>> No. 35478
>>35476
Please see >>35446. You can fix someone's mistakes in punctuation peacefully.
>> No. 35480
[x] Greet Flandre.
-[x] Act as if she’s a kid and greet her as friendly as you can with her staring.

[x] Sit in the extra chair and speak with them, it looked like no one had been in it since the party began.
-[x] talk with Flandre
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask what role she has in the army if she's involved.
----[x] Apologize if that offends her, just that you're curious after finding out Cirno and Patchouli's ranks.
---[x] Compliment her on her wings.
--[x] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
-[x] talk with Remilia.
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask if all the legends about her are true while mentioning some of them.
---[x] Regale her with some interesting tales from your past.
---[x] Ask her about anyone else interesting in the army, such as Cirno.
--[x] ask her about what’s going to happen to you now.
--[x] ask her about your room in the mansion.
--[x] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
--[x] ask her if you were going to speak with her later on the military aspects of your being here.
-[x] talk with Patchy.
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask about how the Librarians were formed.
---[x] Ask about the library here, you've heard it's among the finest in all the empire.
--[x] ask her about the book she’s reading.
--[x] ask her if she can teach you some magic in time, doesn't have to be soon.
[x] Politely tell them that you're going to walk around.
-[x]4
-[x]6

This all sounds good to me, so mark me down for it!
>> No. 35482
[x] Greet Flandre.
-[x] Act as if she’s a kid and greet her as friendly as you can with her staring.

[x] Sit in the extra chair and speak with them, it looked like no one had been in it since the party began.
-[x] talk with Flandre
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask what role she has in the army if she's involved.
----[x] Apologize if that offends her, just that you're curious after finding out Cirno and Patchouli's ranks.
---[x] Compliment her on her wings.
--[x] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
-[x] talk with Remilia.
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask if all the legends about her are true while mentioning some of them.
---[x] Regale her with some interesting tales from your past.
---[x] Ask her about anyone else interesting in the army, such as Cirno.
--[x] ask her about what’s going to happen to you now.
--[x] ask her about your room in the mansion.
--[x] ask her about some of the others in the mansion.
--[x] ask her if you were going to speak with her later on the military aspects of your being here.
-[x] talk with Patchy.
--[x] ask her about herself.
---[x] Ask about how the Librarians were formed.
---[x] Ask about the library here, you've heard it's among the finest in all the empire.
--[x] ask her about the book she’s reading.
--[x] ask her if she can teach you some magic in time, doesn't have to be soon.
[x] Politely tell them that you're going to walk around.
-[x]4
-[x]6

A whole conversation in a vote.
>> No. 35483
Vote called for the only one on there. Writing now, but it may take a while. I forgot to put your rolls up for meeting Remi but you managed to match her charisma. No small feat. I'll remember the rolls this time.
>> No. 35484
>>35483
that's impressive.
>> No. 35485
Sorry everyone but I won't be updating for a while now. The Mistress has asked me to help with cleaning the mansion today because she's throwing a party tomorrow, and I'm not exactly on good terms with Sakuya at the moment so she won’t let me use her powers to help me. This isn't just some excuse, I really do have to help clean my house and it's about the size of a hanger at an airport. I might get it out tonight, but if I don't definitely some time tomorrow.
>> No. 35487
File 12699180395.jpg - (140.83KB , 1366x775 , dice roll 9.jpg ) [iqdb]
35487
It looks like Anon has retained his insane luck.

Charisma- 19+16+1=36 (1 below Remi without me rolling for her, yes her charisma is insanely high I know.)
Luck- 18+14+1=33

Update may not be for quite some time still, but I wanted to put these out there before I forgot again.
>> No. 35488
File 126992930610.jpg - (71.23KB , 1366x768 , remilia scarlet 3.jpg ) [iqdb]
35488
Flandre’s stare was really messing with you while you decided how to greet her. Despite how she looked now you decided to greet her as if she was just some innocent little kid because of the way she had looked before you got up by them.

“Hello Flandre it’s nice to meet you too. I don’t really know a whole lot about you yet but I hope that we can become good friends soon.” You say with the same big smile you’d been using with Cirno so far. You lean over in front of her a bit and raise your hand to her.

She responds by blinking a few times and shaking her head quickly as if trying to clear her mind. After a few more seconds of blinking she looks up to your hand and immediately takes it in hers and shakes vigorously. “Hi Tori! It’s nice to meet you too. Uhm, I’m sorry about the staring, but I kind’a spaced out a bit when I saw you. If I’m thinking about too many things at once it tends to happen easily, and then I just sink back into my own mind to concentrate on all the things at once. Sometimes I end up scaring people away like that by accident, and usually they’re too afraid I might do something to them after that, so they tend to avoid me. I really wish that they wouldn’t though. It gets sorta lonely around here when no one talks to you, but you stayed, so that must mean that you’ll talk to me right? I sure hope it does. You will talk to me right and we’ll play together and then we’ll be best friends and then we’ll…”

“Flan!” Remi interjects her sisters’ ramblings and clears her throat loudly. Flandre stops talking immediately and looks to her sister. Then she seems to realize what she’d been doing. She begins to laugh nervously.

“Ah, uhm sorry Tori. I go off on rants like that sometimes too. If it ever happens and you want me to stop just give me shake or call my name alright? But you will be my friend right? I don’t want to be lonely.” She looks kind of downcast at the last part and you make up your mind quickly.

“Of course I’ll be your friend Flandre, and I’ll be sure to remember that thing with the rambling and the staring.” You assure her with the same smile as before. This time it looks better though as you’re not being stared down by the Empresses sister. The vampire seems overjoyed by this notion.

“Yaaaaaaaay! Look Nee I made a new friend! I’m so happy!” She stands up on her chair and leaps onto her sister in a tight embrace. At first Remilia looks appalled by what her sister is doing, but then on seeing her sisters face smiling up at her she calmed down and patted her sister’s head with a content smile.

“Well then Tori, it seems you have my sister’s approval so far, but that’s not enough just yet. It will be harder to gain the trust of others in this mansion, including myself. However since my sister likes you I’m going to let you keep that room you were just in before for now. It’s not permanent, but you’re already well on your way for it to be. Now I’m bit thirsty. Flandre could you please get off of me so that I can get some drink.” You swear you see her smile mischievously out of the corner of your eye as she goes slowly over to the refreshments.

What?! I’m being allowed to stay here! Just like that?! Just because Flandre said that I was her friend?! U-uhm, I really shouldn’t be complaining about this but I just have to ask Remilia about this when she gets back. In the mean time I guess I should get to know Flandre a little better now that we’re friends apparently. Gods this is a weird way to start a military career!

You take a seat in the unoccupied chair next to Patchy who’s still reading her book. She looked like she was still intent on reading the book so you decided that you would speak with her later. For now you had Flandre. You start to wonder a little more about her. “Hey Flandre.” She looks up at the sound of her name and listens intently. “I was just wondering but what role do you play in the army?” She puts a finger to her mouth and looks up a little.

“Well I guess that if you call Nee the brains of the army then you could call me the fist. I don’t have a real rank, Nee just uses me to help where I’m needed and I haven’t failed yet, so people started calling me The Arrow of Death if that means anything.” She shrugs at the last section as if it’s no big deal and you begin to wonder just how strong she really is. You decide that there will be a better time for that question, however this was a party after all you remind yourself. On a different you notice Flandre wings.

“I like your wings Flandre. They’re cute and very exotic looking. They definitely make you stand out.” You say complimenting her sincerely. She yelps slightly at this and curls up into a ball, twiddling her thumbs and stealing small glances at you. Her face was beet red.

“Yo-you really think so?” She says almost inaudibly. Oh my god she’s cuter than Cirno when she does that!

“Of course Flandre.” You say almost motherly, although then you notice how weird that is considering this vampire was probably about 700 years older then you. She seems to perk up a bit and eases herself back to her previous position across her chair though her face was still red. You think it’s time for a subject change.

“What are the others of the mansion like Flandre?”

“I’m probably the wrong person to ask that since everyone’s too afraid of me to show their true selves except for Nee, and you should probably ask Nee yourself.” Was her quick response to you. Remilia was walking back over to you now, a glass of red wine in her hands. No that’s wrong; it was more than likely blood.

When Remilia sits back down in her seat she looks Flandre over then does the same to you as well. “What did you do to my sister in such a short time to make her like that?” She asks rather curiously.

“All I really did was compliment her wings Mis-I mean Remilia.” You correct yourself mid-sentence.

Remilia looks at you a little different than before. “You like the way my sister’s wings look do you? Interesting, most people find them revolting or weird.” She takes a sip of her drink before talking again, “Do you like my wings too, be honest?” She unfolds her wings and stretches them to their full length as she says this.

You look over her wings a few times before responding sweetly, “I like your wings too. Although not quite as exotic as your sisters they fill me with many different feelings when I look at them, and I can say that not one of them I find unwelcome.” She looks like she may have the smallest blush you’ve ever seen on her cheeks, but it could have easily been the strange lighting.

“Thanks.” She says simply. “Now I’m sure that you have more questions, go ahead with them.”

I’ve always wanted to know more about Remilia, but I don’t exactly trust the legends.

“Are all those legends about you true? You know the ones like when you spearheaded the assault planet Exodus from the aggressive Craini and when you single-handedly defeated the raging Titans of planet Kronos?” Pun intended You just had to ask. Remilia seems to get quite the kick out of this and begins to laugh deeply.

“Ha Ha, you just had to ask me right? Well I’ll tell you that yes they are all true statements except that my sister was there with me on Kronos as well. Next please.”

“I would regale you with some tales of my own except that the whole reason that I’m here is to make a name for myself, and you probably know everything about me by now, correct?” You respond.

“Exactly!” She exclaims and takes another sip of the blood, “I probably know more about your past then you do.” She ends her answer.

“What about some of the other people in the army, like say Cirno? Why is there a fairy in your personal guard?” You ask out of curiosity because no one else will tell you.

“I’ll answer the part about Cirno, but not the rest. You’ve probably asked everyone that by now and gotten the same answer I’m guessing, but you really should ask them for yourself.” She replies crushing the question yet again. “About Cirno though, she is the last fairy other than the great fairy and she is very powerful. That is why I keep her around. You should not ask Cirno about this at all and that is why I’m telling you.” She takes on a serious expression and you nod quickly in reply, promising her that you won’t.

“Anyway, what’s going to happen to me now, or are we going to talk about that and other things like it later?” You ask wondering about what you were going to be doing now.

“You are correct in that we will be speaking on that after the party is over. I’ll call you back up here near the end of the party, and after everyone leaves we will talk.” She states matter-of-factly and you decide to drop that subject for now except for one part.

“I’m sorry I just need to confirm it, are you really letting me stay in the mansion?”

She takes another sip of the blood before responding, “Yes, you already have the approval of three of the major players here and you are beginning to interest me. That’s all there is to it, and I’m guessing that you have no plans to refuse any time soon.”

“Alright then. That’s all that I wanted to know for now Remilia it was nice speaking with you.”

“It was nice for me as well Nitori.” She finishes off her blood wine and gets up to go get more.

I really like talking to her. I could have just sat there and kept talking if there was more to talk about. I guess that Patchy is done reading since she put the book down. I still have some things that I want to ask her, but I’m dropping the question about the others of the mansion. I just have this feeling that she won’t tell me. Go-figure right.

“Hey Patchy there are some things that I want to know about the Librarians if that’s okay?” You begin cautiously, you were never sure how to approach her.

“The Librarians are just a group of powerful magicians who work in my library and have gained a reputation as excellent spellcasters, nothing more and nothing less.” She answers your question before you can even truly ask it.

“In that case, could you tell me more about the Library? I heard that it is one of the finest in the empire.” You continue not intimidated.

“My library is the finest and best stocked library in the known universe; if you want to know more about it then I will shoe it to you later. It is hard to explain without first seeing it.” You decide that that will suffice for now.

“I would gladly take you up on that offer when we both have the time for it.” You smile you reply and Patchy gives you one of her tiny smiles in return. “During that time as well could you teach me a little more about magic?”

“I’ll always teach people magic if they are willing to take the time to learn. In fact the book that I’m reading right now could be of some use to you.” She hands over the tome to you, “Be sure to read it sometime soon. It could be useful on your next mission even.”

You take the book gracefully and set it down at your side, there will be time to read it later. Now Remilia was walking back over with a refilled glass. You tell the three of them as Remilia sits down that you are going to go and wander around the guest for a while and meet some new people. Remilia states that that was what the party was there for in the first place and shoos you into the crowd.

As you walk the crowd you bump into a someone accidentally and fall on your back.

“Oh gods, I’m so sorry! Are you okay down there?” You open your eyes to see a beautiful girl with long red hair hovering over you. From the position you’re in you notice you’ve got a great view of her… No I shouldn’t be thinking that way with someone I just met. Although they do look quite nice. Wow, she kind of reminds me of well, me. The women holds out a hand to help you up and you happily lake it. Her skin is so soft.

“T-thank you.” Is the only thing you can manage to get out in front of her. She really does have a beautiful body, wide in all the right places and thin in the rest but muscular all around. She had near perfect proportions. She looked almost like an exact copy of you with red hair and a more muscular figure.

“I’m really sorry about that. I believe that we’ve never met have we? My names Hong Meiling, but everyone around here just calls me China for short.” Her voice was very flowing and soft, kind of like the big sister you never had. Gods even that was the same as you. The only thing that was truly different seemed to be personality. Hell you could probably even pass off as twins in time.

“I’m Nitori Nanashi.” You bow slightly never forgetting you’re manners, “You can call me Tori.”

“Well then Tori I hope we meet again, but right now I’ve got something to do. Good-bye!” She says and walks off. You would have to talk to her more later you tell yourself.

As you get a glass of wine from the refreshments table you turn to find some commotion going on in the corner of the party and go over to see what’s happening. There you find a small girl with long orange hair and horns protruding from either side of her head. She had a belt on with chains dangling from it. One led to a large gourd in her hand and the others didn’t seem to lead to anything. You immediately recognize the girl as an Oni. Which were becoming more and more common of late. She was in the middle of a drinking contest with another Oni, this one a man. From the looks of it though the man was about to pass out while the girl was barely even drunk at all it seemed. A few moments later and the man falls to the floor defeated by the little girl who bursts into loud laughter and says to the unconscious body, “You young people need to learn to hold your booze better or your never getting a damned thing out’s a me dammit. Alright someone help our little friend out’a here and have the next challenger step before the bottomless pit that is Suika Ibuki.” You decide that you’ve defiantly found another person to check up on later, but the party seemed to be ending now and so you went back over to Remilia before anything else.

As you near Remilia she looks at you seriously and beckons you forward.

“Sorry but we don’t have time to talk right now. I’ve just received word that the enemy has taken multiple supply bases in the Omnus Sector. Those bases are very crucial and they need to be taken back at all costs understand.” You nod answer in return, “Good I want you on one of the recapture teams put I can’t decide which team I want you on. Here’s a list of the hanger each team is in. I want you to pick a team while you get ready and go to that hanger. Now go, I’ll have one of the maids escort you back to your room.”

On your way to your room you read the list and decide which team you are going to be on.

[x] team 1. Flandre and Wriggle.
[x] team 2. Patchy and Koakuma.
[x] team 3. Meiling and Cirno.
[x] team 4. Sakuya and Alice.
[x] team 5. Suika and Marisa (Saiyonaru).
**********

Huge update. I finally finished it. 2842 words. Pick something now.
>> No. 35489
> (Saiyonaru)

What's this?
>> No. 35490
>>35489
The new Marisa's last name because the old one is dead. If you come up with a better one I'll change it.
>> No. 35492
[x] team 3. Meiling and Cirno.

The magic number. Hasn't failed us so far, plus it's more time to get to know Meiling-nee and spend more time with Cirno.

>(Saiyonaru)

ಠ_ಠ

May I suggest the last name "Kawagiri," perhaps?
>> No. 35493
[x] team 3. Meiling and Cirno.
>> No. 35494
[x] team 3. Meiling and Cirno

Some of those team combinations are kinda weird, and I agree with >>35492 on the new name.
>> No. 35495
Let's see here...
>team 1. Flandre and Wriggle.
Seek-and-destroy. Wriggle's bugs seek, Flandre destroys. Although Wriggle could have her bugs easily overwhelm someone.

>team 2. Patchy and Koakuma.
Master and familiar. Knowledgeable in spells and magic, but lacking in adequate CQC strength.

>team 3. Meiling and Cirno
Close-quarters, and Cirno has shown that she can more than make up for the difference when it comes to ranged combat.

>team 4: Sakuya and Alice
Smart, ranged specialists who overwhelm opposition with projectlies. Sakuya would do just fine if it came to CQC, unlike Alice. Though...both tend to be loners, which may cause a bit of internal conflict.

>team 5: Suika and Marisa
When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed. If they weren't so destructive, they'd be decent for this mission too.(depending on how the new Marisa is)



These are just more or less guesses on each type of partnership we have laid out before us from what I know of them so far.

All in all...

[X] team 3: Meiling and Cirno

Meiling seems to have caught our MC's attention, IYKWIM and Cirno's adorable but she can still fight pretty damn solidly.
>> No. 35496
>>35495
Hard to tell; it's been a couple hundred years; things change. Just look at Cirno, no longer a joke, but still D'awesome
>> No. 35497
>>35495
You actually did a pretty good job there and are at least a little right with everyone. You wouldn’t know how I changed all of the characters, so you’re about as correct as you could get for now. You hit one character from each team right on is all I’ll say for now.

>>35492
I hoped that someone would pick a new name for her. I told you before that I was bad with names. It’s settled then if no one has any complaints about the new Marisa’s last name being “Kawagiri”.

I’m sorry about all the mistakes in the update as well. My time zone is 5 hours behind the time on this site, and I’d been up for 19 hours. Half that time I was at school and another quarter was spent cleaning, so Tori only got 4 hours of time. Oh and I forgot to mention that you did take Patchy’s book with you back to your room. Finally, I called the vote for…

[x] team 3. Meiling and Cirno.

I’m writing now.
>> No. 35498
File 126998799029.jpg - (143.46KB , 1366x775 , dice roll 10.jpg ) [iqdb]
35498
Here are your rolls.

Intelligence- 10+18+2=30
Charisma- 14+16=30
Luck- 16+14+1=31
>> No. 35499
File 126998816414.jpg - (198.08KB , 1040x1208 , Hong_Meiling__GG_style_by_spikewible.jpg ) [iqdb]
35499
This Meiling person is really interesting, and there’s no way I would pass up more time with Cirno. I guess that that settles it then. I only really know Flandre, Patchy, and Cirno so far so it’s time to meet more people, but I’d be to nervous around people I’ve never met if there was no one I met around. I’d better get ready quickly then

You go into your room to find your uniform cleaned and seemingly brand new on your bed. You quickly change into it after taking care of business in the bathroom. As you walk out of the room the maid from before is still standing there.

“Which hanger will we be going to Miss Nanashi?” She asks quietly.

“Hanger 17, the one with team three.” You respond. She immediately turns to the right and leads you down a different hallway you hadn’t been down yet. You reach an area of the mansion which looks superficially new compared to the rest of it, and guess that you were nearing the hangers.

Sure enough you begin seeing large doors with different colored numbers next to them, but as you pass by the big 17 the maid keeps walking. You’re about to ask her where you’re going when she turns at another door a little ways off and says, “Miss Nanashi your weapons had been stored here for the time being and will likely be stored here again. I believe that you should retrieve your weapons and restock your ammo before going on this mission.”

The maid bows to you and walks off down another hallway assuming you can get to the hanger on your own. However that’s not what’s on your mind right now. Behind this door is possibly the best stocked armory in the SDA. You quickly walk through the automatic sliding doors and gaze around in amazement.

This place must have multiples of every weapon ever! It’s huge! I can’t even see the ceiling and there are racks and boxes of weapons and armor everywhere!

Almost as soon as you finish thinking this you are approached by a man with silver hair and gold eyes approaches you looking quite tired. He’s wearing blue traditional Japanese style clothing. You can tell immediately that he’s a half-youkai, being a half-youkai yourself.

“I assume your Nitori Nanashi, correct.” It sounded as if he wasn’t even asking a question. “Just wait here, I’ll be back with your equipment and a refill on your ammo in a minute.” With that he flies off in a seemingly random direction and returns after about thirty seconds with all your previous equipment in tow. He hands it all to you ungracefully and wanders away back into the depths of the room.

You decide that there will be time for this armory later because right now you had an urgent mission to take care of. You quickly put all your stuff back on and check it all to make sure it still works properly. The only thing that’s different about your load out is the fifteen SMG clips in one of your pockets, the book that Patchy gave you and the two grenades in the smaller pockets of your belt. One of the grenades is a standard issue fragmentation grenade, old but still just as deadly as ever. The other grenade is a not truly a grenade, it’s a pulse emitter. These “pulse grenades” were used to disable shields and other machinery, a very deadly concept these days. You sling your SMG on your back and walk into hanger 17.

As you enter you see possibly the only ship in the army that you’ve never seen before. It looked like a cross between an old USAF B-2 stealth bomber and an Arwing from the Star Fox games you used to play. Never-the-less you were even more confused by the fact that there was fuel being pumped into it. All of the ships in commission today flew using magical cores to maintain flight and balance. You couldn’t even feel the slightest magical signature from the ship, but then it hit you.

Of course! They’re using old technology that no one even has anything set up to spot anymore to get from place to place unseen.

You spot Cirno a little ways off and approach her. She sees you and calls out your name then flies over and hugs you tightly, to which you return laughing. Along with someone else’s laughter it seems. You look past Cirno to see Meiling a little ways off wearing a green Chinese robe and a puffy hat with a golden star on the front of it. She looks quite beautiful still. She’s chuckling at the sight before her.

“It’s been a while since Cirno’s taken a liking to anyone. It’s good to see her happy again.” She says dreamily. You both blush slightly. “However…” Meiling continues, “…this really isn’t the time for that kind of thing. We have a mission that needs to get accomplished here. Me and Cirno have already loaded our things onto the ship I suggest you do the same. Here come, I’ll show you where to put them.”
As you put your equipment in a locker in the back of the ship you once again become filled with excitement on the upcoming battle. My second battle, huh. I wonder if this one will go as well as the first did.

Meiling then escorts you to the bridge where Cirno was already strapped in and waiting. Meiling goes to stand at the front and turns to you. “We’ll be warping from here to the Omnus Sector. Just strap in and relax. We’ll be there in about fifty minutes after the warp starts. From there we will receive further instruction from Remilia about our plan of attack.” You nod an answer and strap yourself into one of the four empty seats in the back of the bridge. It seemed as if the ship itself was piloted by a single person because the only controls were around the front seat where Meiling now was. You couldn’t tell exactly what she was doing from your seat and decided that this was something you would definitely have to learn about later.

The ride on that ship was the quietest you’d ever flown. You could only barely here the engine if you strained your ears. It seemed the ship was designed to be the perfect stealth ship. After the allotted time that Meiling had told you, you arrived in the Omnus Sector. The three of you went to the back to retrieve your equipment. Cirno had on a shoulder strap with many different kinds of grenades on it and a belt with two very powerful energy pistols. Meiling had strapped two projectile assault rifles to her back with plenty of clips attached to the straps that held them. In her belt she had possibly the largest pistol you had ever seen, and when you asked her about it she said that it was a sixty caliber with pulse bullets that she used in emergencies. She seemed to think that you were under armed and went back a little bit into the armory and came back a few seconds later.

She tossed a gun into your hands which you gladly accepted. The gun was a shotgun which she called The Jester. It was an energy weapon with multiple firing mods. She explained what each of the switches did on the gun to you.

“Alright this switch here controls whether the shot is buckshot or slug, and this one changes the energy usage of each shot. The more energy a shot uses the more damage it will do but the longer it will take to cool down. Also if you’re in a really big jam, or if you know that you’ll be okay without it for a while, you can make the next shot a pulse beam that lasts for five seconds. It’s devastating, but it takes a long time to recharge. That’s about it though, have fun with it. I sure did when I used it last.” She walks you back up to the bridge where you get an incoming six way transmission. Meiling opens it up making it seven.

“It took you long enough Meiling, we were about to get started without you. I thought you’d fallen asleep on the job again.” You here an accusing voice through the com-link.

“I haven’t done that for years and you have no room to talk Wriggle.” Meiling responds in kind.

“The both of you shut up. You do this every time.” You here a calm and bored voice this time.

“Alice is right you two, shut up. I have the plan set up if you two would stop bickering like a married couple.” This time you recognize the voice as Remilia’s.

“Yes Ma’am!” Is Meiling’s immediate response.

“Good. This operation will be done in unison with two teams attacking each of the three bases. The first base on planet Decuun will be attacked straight on by Alice’s new dolls and will then be infiltrated by both Sakuya and Alice. The second base on planet Haros, the largest of the three, will be attacked directly at the front by team 5 while team 3 sneaks in the back. I’m fairly certain the two of you can create a big enough distraction for the others, correct?”

“Do you honestly even have to ask us that question?” You hear the cocky response from a girly voice on the other side.

“I thought so.” Is Remilia’s only response to the question.

“The final base will be attacked with almost the same tactics. Team 1 will strike straight through their defenses and team 2 will support them. I have no doubt that this, yet simple, will work out with no casualties. Once inside the bases look out for any hostages along while clearing the base. Every enemy soldier and Gigi must die for our fallen comrades. If any of them do surrender however tie them up tight and take their weapons. They will be picked up when we retake the bases officially. I have confidence in all of you. Oh and Tori, don’t push yourself too hard alright. If you make it through this I have no choice but to let you join my personal guard. Good luck everyone, and come back home safely.”

You’re overjoyed by what you here as the com-link is switched off. You look over at both Cirno and Meiling and they both smile back. You could get used to this.
**********

The ship warps you down to the surface of the planet. The surface is mostly forest like the last planet you were on. Almost as soon as you land you here the explosions of a massive battle in the distance. Meiling turns to you again.

“When we reach the base we’re going to split up into two groups to cover more ground once inside. You should pick now who you’re going to go with and you should set up your load out in the way you want it.”

Who should I go with and what way I should set up my load out, huh? Seems like a good idea.

[x] Go with Meiling
[x] Go with Cirno

Set as primary weapon the…
[x] Jester
-[x] burst
-[x] slug
-[x] beam
[x] SMG
-[x] rapid-fire
-[x] single shot

Set as primary grenade the…
[x] frag
[x] pulse

Other preparations…
[x] cast ice shot
-[x] yes
-[x] no
[x] Write-in
>> No. 35500
[x] Go with Cirno

[x] SMG
-[x] rapid-fire
[X] Set Jester settings now so you can shoot right away
-[X] Slug

[x] frag

[X] Wait until you can determine what kind of enemy you'll be facing before you cast ice shot.
>> No. 35501
[x] Go with Meiling

Set as primary weapon the…
[x] SMG
-[x] rapid-fire

Set as primary grenade the…
[x] pulse

Other preparations…
[x] cast ice shot
-[x] depends on the situation.
[x] Set Jester
-[x] slug

I figure a case of tech support.
>> No. 35512
Damn, I wanna go with Cirno since I think she'll be the most likely to die. But I have a feeling if we let China go by herself then she dies.

[x] Go with Meiling

Set as primary weapon the…
[x] SMG
-[x] rapid-fire

Set as primary grenade the…
[x] pulse

Other preparations…
[x] cast ice shot
-[x] depends on the situation.
[x] Set Jester
-[x] slug

What the hell, Cirno can handle herself hopefully.
>> No. 35516
>>35512
you're assume either of them will die easily; these are more experienced higher level characters.
>> No. 35520
[x] Go with Meiling

Set as primary weapon the…
[x] SMG
-[x] rapid-fire

Set as primary grenade the…
[x] pulse

Other preparations…
[x] cast ice shot
-[x] depends on the situation.
[x] Set Jester
-[x] slug

We've seen what Cirno is capable of. We have yet to see Meiling in action. Plus, I'm pretty sure Nitori wants to be in her good graces. Besides, she knows how to use the Jester, if we have a problem, she can show us how to work it rightIYKWIM.
>> No. 35521
>>35512
No one is dying right now unless you really fuck things up.

The vote for going with Meiling wins.
>> No. 35530
File 12700902962.jpg - (58.17KB , 1020x766 , Meiling 23.jpg ) [iqdb]
35530
I've kept the same rolls as last time.

Here's a theme for Meiling in battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bSoYk4tJvU

I’ve already seen what Cirno can do, and it certainly was impressive. I’m sure that she can handle herself alone especially now that she’s fully armed. I’m sure that Meiling could hold her own too, but I haven’t seen the way that she fights yet. Alright then I’ll go with Meiling if only to see how strong she is. With my load out, for now I’d rather stick with a weapon that I’m more familiar with, so I’ll stick with my SMG at the ready with the usual rapid-fire setting. If we come across anything tough the pulse grenade will come in handier than the frag. I can cast the ice shot spell fast enough to the point where there is no reason to preset it. Setting the Jester to slug might be helpful as well in case I run out of ammo or decide that it would better fit the situation. I guess that that’s that as far as preparation goes, time to get moving.

“I think that it might be better if I went with you Meiling. I’m sure that both of you could hold your own, but I don’t know how you fight yet Meiling. Last mission I learned Cirno’s style and this time I’d like to see yours.”

“Ahhh, you’re already drifting away from me!?” Cirno looks at you like a pleading puppy, and you’re overwhelmed with regret. You walk over and hug her again. At this Cirno starts to laugh.

“hehe, it’s okay Tori. I can see more ‘n the reason you said why you’d want to go with her and not me though. Good luck with that; she’s a little hard headed when it comes to stuff like that. Remember that I’m always here for you if you give up, and I’ll always be root’in for ya.” She said the whole thing while whispering in your ear. Cirno was looking at you mischievously as you turned redder than you’d even seen Cirno turn so far.

“Alright then…” Meiling’s voice startles you from your previous thoughts, “… you’ll be with me from here on out, come on.”

I-I’ll be with her from here on out. W-What’s t-that supposed to mean. Dammit Cirno why’d you make me think something like that! I’ll get you back for that some time!

You try desperately to clear your head of those thoughts and focus on the mission. All the while Cirno’s laughing her heart out, and Meiling is becoming increasingly confused.

“Let’s just get moving shall we. We’ve wasted enough time here already, and I think we should have been moving as quickly as we could.” You finally regain most of your thoughts, enough to speak up.

This seems to sober Cirno up and Meiling takes point on your run through the forest. The explosions become increasingly louder and soon you see a wall about two stories high looming up ahead of you. It seems like all of the base’s defenses and guards are over on the other side of the base trying to repulse the other attackers, making an easy entrance for the three of you. As soon as you enter you split up, Cirno turning down the hallway to your right and you and Meiling taking the hallway right in front of you.

Meiling continues to run down the hallway not even bothering with any of the doors, but thoroughly checking each of the walls with squinted eyes. You almost run into her as she suddenly stops right in front of you and points to the door on your right.

“We’re breaching that door. There are three humanoid targets inside each armed. Weapons hot.” She seems like a totally different person than before. Her face and voice portray almost no emotion. She’s completely engrossed herself in the battle shutting out everything else to make herself become more effective. You didn’t like this Meiling compared with the other one, but you guessed that so many years of fighting would do that to even to people.

You each take one side of the door Meiling signaling that she would be in first. She wasn’t even holding a weapon though so you were looked very confused by this. She just turns her head back to you and smiles almost evilly.

She walks in front of the door and takes a deep breath, closing her eyes. You’re not sure what happened as the next moment the door was flying into the room and Meiling was rushing in right behind it. The next second you look into the room to see Meiling knee one of the men in the stomach sending him slamming into the wall and then turn quickly enough to grab the seconds gun, pull it from his hand, and point it right back at him. The second man immediately grabs for his pistol but as soon as he touches it a bullet goes straight through his head. You remember she said that there were three men, but then you see half a dead body sticking out in between the wall and the now detached door. The encounter took all of five seconds, but it could have lasted two seconds if Meiling hadn’t waited for the second man to grab for his pistol.

She drops the gun to the ground and looks over the bodies. She takes something from one of them and tosses it to you. You catch it and take a look; a pair of clips with corrosive ammunition inside. Now these would come in very useful against the Gigi. You pocket them for later.

“It’s time to get moving.” Is all Meiling says to you. As she walks by you grab her arm.

“What is it Tori?” She asks this time she sounds like she actually has some of her emotions.

Why did you stop her?

[] “Oh um, no reason, just wanted to say thanks.”
[] “What the hell did you just do?”
[] “Where are we going?”
[] “How did you know that those men were there?”
[] “Do you even need a gun?”
[] “Could you teach me how to do that later?”
[] write-in/rephrase

Item added:
Corrosive SMG clips X2
***********

You can pick two questions. You cannot make write-ins that have more than one question in a question.
>> No. 35531
[X] “What the hell did you just do?”
[X] “Could you teach me how to do that later?”
>> No. 35537
Goddamn. I know CQC is Meiling's forte, but...that was just awesome. Why do I think Meiling is this story's Solid Snake Big Boss all of a sudden?

[X] “That. Was. AWESOME! How were you able to do all those things?"
[X] “Could you teach me how to do that later?”
>> No. 35539
>>35537
If you think that's badass wait till you see what I did with some of the others.
>> No. 35541
[x] >>35537

My first question WAS aiming at her general abilities, since her senses and martial abilities should be pretty easy to sum up. But that anon improved the wording of the question.

This Cirno isn't innocent and Meiling may be dense when it comes to romantic affections. But I doubt anyone would be giving up on spending time with the D'awwesome fairy.

It's hard to tell which 'role' she'd have since we have yet to see all the characters in action, just Patchy, Cirno ,and just now Meiling. But she most certainly rocked those guys like a hurricane.
>> No. 35587
Calling it for this because I'm bored.

[X] “That. Was. AWESOME! How were you able to do all those things?"
[X] “Could you teach me how to do that later?”
>> No. 35591
You turn to look at Meiling smiling. “That. Was. AWESOME! How were you able to do all those things?!”

Meiling immediately turns red with your compliment. “Uhm, well I… I-It’s nothing really, just something that I picked up on over the years. I’ve been studying multiple types of martial arts and ways to call upon the inner strength of the body to gain unnatural abilities. I was actually human at first, but because I had become so strong and had gained so much control over myself I was able to keep on living for years after I should have died. My body is actually an animate corpse because the extreme levels of qi that were flowing through it when I should have died, and my soul was able to retain its place in the body because of this qi as well. Most people think it’s scary though, so I really appreciate that.” Her voice is very sincere which surprises you a bit. What she just did was truly incredible. There aren’t many people who can do anything like that, and the fact that she was powerful enough to beat death is crazy.

“I think that that’s incredible Meiling. A human who actually beat death! All the more reason to appreciate you and all the more reason I stick around more. Maybe you could teach me a little bit sometime after this?” Meiling looks thoughtful for a few moments while staring at you.

“Hmm, maybe after you’re a little more experienced. I can feel your qi, which is more than I can say for most. However your qi still needs more time before it is at the potential for it to grow properly. I could teach you how to fight in melee though. You’re a bit weak but you’ve never had to have been that strong. I could strengthen your outer body, but not your inner one right now. You’ll need to set aside time to train with me though, and I may need a lot depending on how much your body can take. Ah crap I forgot about the mission for second. We need to get going. We’ll talk more about this later alright?”

“Right, and thanks.” Some of what she said could probably be taken the wrong way, so you’re happy that Cirno isn’t around. You’re very excited that Meiling is willing to teach you and are thankful about the advice which she given. Qi, the physical element, was very rare, and finding someone to teach you how to wield it was even harder. The reason why the Gigi didn’t scare you at all even though you were inexperienced is probably because your qi kept you calm. You decide that it was time to concentrate on the mission again however and followed Meiling farther into the facility.

You reach a three-way break in the hallway that you are in without anymore encounters. The map on the wall says that the left hallway leads to the hanger bays and that turning right will lead you to the power facilities. You can here shooting down to the right, but you think that the most likely place for hostages would be in the hanger bays. Meiling is looking at you expectantly. Which hallway do you go down?

[] to the hanger bays.
[] to the power facilities.
[] split up again.
- [] you go to the power facilities and Meiling goes to the hanger bays.
- [] you go to the hanger bays and Meiling goes to the power facilities.

I know that this is a short update, but this is an important decision which will affect everything that happens afterward during the mission. I used the same rolls again. My internet is being bitchy as well.
>> No. 35596
[x] to the hanger bays.

Shutting off the power could result in a hostage shooting panic.
>> No. 35597
[X] to the power facilities.

>>35596

Which is why WE have to make sure that doesn't happen.
>> No. 35613
[x] to the hangar bays.

Crap. I just realized, we may have needed walkie talkies or radios or something to keep contact with Cirno or the other teams to make sure they're all ok. Besides, the quieter room reeks of enemies just waiting to be destroyed...at least to me. And if Meiling was anything like the update before last, we'll see more of her badassery.
>> No. 35614
[X] to the power facilities.

Let's investigate. If it's indeed a hostage situation, they may need our help.

LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYY--*shot
>> No. 35615
>>35614
the hostages are most likely in the hangar bay and that turning off the power at this time might provoke a panic, which can go one of two ways: the hostages surprise the guards or the guards freak and kill them all.
>> No. 35616
[x] to the hangar bays.

>>35614

>LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYY--*shot*

And that's what'll get everybody shot.
>> No. 35617
I need a tie breaker here. Also yay if the trip code worked now that I figured out how to use it.
>> No. 35619
Eh, you didn't need a tiebreaker anyway.

[x] to the hangar bays.

Zoe from Serenity called, asking if everyone knows what the definition of a hero is. Someone who gets other people killed.
>> No. 35620
>>35619
Whoops. I guess I didn't count very well.

Vote called for goin' to the hanger bays. Not sure when this update will get out and it will probably be another small one.
>> No. 35660
File 127053441569.jpg - (149.48KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 11.jpg ) [iqdb]
35660
Agility- 9+16=25

Intelligence- 3+18=21

Luck- 14+14+1=29

There may be fighting going on at the power facilities, but the possibility of there being hostages is more important than helping the others who probably already have the situation under control.

“The hanger bays Meiling, there’s a better chance of there being hostages there.”

“Alright, then I’m on point.” Meiling immediately begins her run again using the same tactics as before. It’s not long before Meiling stops again this time at a point where there are two doors across from each other.

“We’re going to breach this door…” She points to the door on the left side of the hallway, “… I’ll clear that room easily, but as I do the others in that door will here. I want you to take cover on the other side of the door as soon as it’s open and take anyone who comes through it. It should only be two people, but there may be three. My eyes may be good, but it’s still hard to tell sometimes.”

Frankly your eyes are amazing. Such a deep blue, and plus the fact that you can apparently see through walls. You think to yourself as Meiling gets ready to breach the door.

The door opens much the same as the other one, flying straight into the opposite wall with Meiling charging in behind it. You run in behind her and take cover behind the wall. You train your sights on the door on the other side. This would be the first time that you truly killed anyone in your life.

As soon as the door opens you fire. You stop firing quickly as you hit the man who opened it right between his eyes with seven shots and he falls to the ground. You can see the seconds elbow sticking out from the right side of the door and shoot it three times before he brings it behind cover. You here a few thuds and moans from behind you while doing this. You see the man’s gun pop out from around the door and bring your head back before he has the chance to fire a shot off. You count the bullets he fires; thirty-one in all. You assume that he is reloading by now as the firing has stopped, and as you lean out from cover you can see his upper arm and decide to see if his shields are still up. You fire another short burst at him and sure enough you here the man scream in pain as his shield breaks and bullets tear through his flesh. At this point you think that if there was a third enemy he would have fired upon you by now, so you believe that your best tactic may be to rush his position. He has a disabled arm and probably slowed reflexes because of the pain. You decide to try.

You run from your cover on the doorway and swing your gun around the side of his ready to fire. He’s sitting there holding his arm with his face in a grimace of pain. His gun is halfway across the room, apparently thrown, and he doesn’t seem to have any other type of weapon. He looks up at you and immediately turns his head. He probably expects the end to come and doesn’t want to see it.

Should I really kill this man?

[] Kill him. This is for your comrades which he may have killed.
- [] slowly. Make him suffer.
- [] quickly. You couldn’t torture someone even if you wanted to.

[] let him live. There is no sense in needless bloodshed, and he may have useful information for later questioning.
- [] leave his wounds the way they are. He should still suffer for the pain he caused others.
- [] see if Meiling can heal his wounds. He looks to be in a lot of pain, and it may get infected easily.

I’m really sorry that it took so long, but there were a lot of things that I had to do for Easter. Yes this decision effects more than it does at first glance. I’ve added in good, evil, and neutral alignments as well. Right now you are completely neutral, but that can change easily and quickly.
>> No. 35661
[X] let him live. There is no sense in needless bloodshed, and he may have useful information for later questioning.
-[X] Knock him unconscious. A wounded enemy is only that much more desperate. Who knows what he could do next.
-[X] Ask Meiling if it's alright to take him back for questioning

One POW should be enough to get some info out of.

Don't know if write-ins will be allowed for this choice though. If not, I'll revote.
>> No. 35662
>>35661
Write-ins are always allowed unless otherwise specified.
>> No. 35673
[X] let him live. There is no sense in needless bloodshed, and he may have useful information for later questioning.
-[X] Knock him unconscious. A wounded enemy is only that much more desperate. Who knows what he could do next.
-[X] Ask Meiling if it's alright to take him back for questioning.
-[X] "We may have gotten attention called over to this area. We'll have to keep on our toes for any reinforcements. Seems too strange to have just two guys posting guard here on their own."

Seems to be the more sane option.

Lower rolls than what we've been getting on average so far. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us.
>> No. 35678
[X] let him live. There is no sense in needless bloodshed, and he may have useful information for later questioning.
-[X] Knock him unconscious. A wounded enemy is only that much more desperate. Who knows what he could do next.
-[X] Ask Meiling if it's alright to take him back for questioning.
-[X] "We may have gotten attention called over to this area. We'll have to keep on our toes for any reinforcements. Seems too strange to have just two guys posting guard here on their own."
>> No. 35679
Calling it because I just finished watching every episode of Cardcaptor Sakura on DVD with my girlfriend and now I need something to do.

[X] let him live. There is no sense in needless bloodshed, and he may have useful information for later questioning.
-[X] Knock him unconscious. A wounded enemy is only that much more desperate. Who knows what he could do next.
-[X] Ask Meiling if it's alright to take him back for questioning.
-[X] "We may have gotten attention called over to this area. We'll have to keep on our toes for any reinforcements. Seems too strange to have just two guys posting guard here on their own."
>> No. 35680
File 127062566948.jpg - (34.20KB , 640x360 , whiteroom.jpg ) [iqdb]
35680
I needn’t bloody my hands any more than necessary. However, an injured enemy is a desperate enemy, so I should probably knock him out at least. This will probably save him from most of the pain as well. Maybe I should have a little fun first though.

“Hey you!” You say walking around the corner and turning his head to face yours. “I’m in a good mood right now so you’re going to live to maybe see the light again another day. Although I can’t just restrain you; that wouldn’t be enough. Say good night pal.” He looks absolutely horrified as you smack him across the forehead with the butt of your gun easily knocking him unconscious. I’m not counting that towards your good or evil because I just wanted to make Tori more badass. Tell me if you want me to stop.

You find some rope in the back of the room and tie together his wrists and ankles tightly. Meiling walks into the room and throws two more clips at you. These ones are just normal shots though. You’re still thankful however. You put them in your belt and reload your gun. No sense in leaving half a clip in your gun when you have sixteen extra. You think you should ask Meiling about the prisoner.

“Meiling, is it alright to take this prisoner with us?”

“Remilia said to leave all prisoners where they are for when the base is officially retaken remember?”

“Oh, that’s right. Sorry I forgot.”

“Please try to listen and remember everything Remilia says from now on. What if you had forgotten something more important than that? Oh well, just forget it for now. We need to concentrate on the mission.”

Crap. Well she’s right; I better listen to Remilia much more from now on. It’s time to get on with the mission too. "We may have gotten attention called over to this area. We'll have to keep on our toes for any reinforcements. Seems too strange to have just two guys posting guard here on their own."

“Agreed. Here take this as well.” She hands you a small ear plug. “That ear bud is tuned to a specific frequency used by all the members of Remilia’s Guard. You can hear those of us who have mikes through it. I have a mike, and I would give you one if I had an extra. When you put it in you should hear me and four other people. For now just ignore everything unless we get separated. If we do get separated just follow my instructions.”

You nod your head and the two of you get moving again. It’s kind of strange listening to so many voices at once, but you quickly get used to it and shut them all out, concentrating on the task before you.

You come across a large hanger door without anymore incidents. It’s eerily quiet. You can’t hear anything but your own footfalls and breathing. All you can hear from the ear bud is static. Meiling was looking about on frantic lookout. There was obviously something wrong here. Meiling silently shushes you and points to a door across from the hanger. The two of you make your way over to it.

“You will probably never forget what’s behind this door for the rest of your life, and I’m very sorry you have to even hear or see it.”

W-Why? What the hell is behind this door?

Meiling slowly starts to creek open the door. As soon as the door cracks open you begin to here almost paralyzing crying in the back of your head. It’s the loudest crying that you’ve ever heard in your life. It seems to just fill your whole body sapping the strength out of you. You feel like you’re being pushed out of your own body as you fall to your knees with your head in your hands. You can’t even hear yourself scream in pain.

You suddenly feel very tired. Too tired to even think. You can’t even fight it as you begin to fall asleep. Unaware of even Meiling hovering over you, shaking you in desperate attempts to keep you from falling into that sleep.
**********

You open your eyes what seems like hours later. Your best description of the area around you is that you are floating in the middle of a never ending purple and black cloud. You feel completely weightless, but notice that you have no control over where you’re going. Suddenly a large yellow eye opens in front of you. It is unblinking and seems to be studying every inch of you inside and out. Just as suddenly as it appears it disappears leaving no trace behind that it was ever there. Everything around you flashes and you find yourself sitting in a chair in a completely white room. On each of the four walls of the square room there is an open door. You can see what’s through each door.

Beyond the north door is a large bamboo forest. The south leads to more darkness. The east leads to a small village. The west leads to a waterfall behind which is a mountain. You feel compelled to go through one of the doors, but which door should you choose?

[] north
[] south
[] east
[] west
**********

No write-ins. There’s no SDM door for a reason.
>> No. 35685
[X] north

Just what was that...? We'll definitely need some answers later.
>> No. 35688
[X] west

That waterfall sounds like a place to meet full-blood kappa.
>> No. 35690
>>35680
"That chair is an eyesore!"
>> No. 35692
[x] west
>> No. 35697
[x] west
>> No. 35699
West it is then.
>> No. 35710
File 127069779254.jpg - (145.08KB , 1366x768 , dice roll 12.jpg ) [iqdb]
35710
You guys are SOOOOOOOO lucky.

Strength- 20+13=33
Magic- 17+14=31
Intelligence- 13+18=31
Luck- 16+14+1=31
>> No. 35711
File 127069815488.jpg - (1.03MB , 1464x1036 , konachan-com-56295-hat-kawashiro_nitori-short_hair.jpg ) [iqdb]
35711
You feel more highly compelled by some unknown force towards the west door with the waterfall. You slowly rise from the chair and walk towards the image. As you near the door the room slowly begins to fade away, and the frame of the door expands in front of you. You begin to hear the sound of the waterfall. Your footfalls become softer as you now step through grass and dirt.

You notice that you no longer have any of your weapons or equipment. The only things that you still have are your cloths. You notice an opening in the rock face a little ways off the ground. You see smoke coming out of this opening. It smells like someone is cooking inside. You begin to approach the opening. You come up right next to the hole and peer inside.

It is pitch black on the inside, but you think that you can see a light much farther in. The smoke seems to be coming from the light. You walk inside the opening.

Everything around you flashes again. You are still in the tunnel, but there is no opening behind you and the light at the other end has changed to a reddish hue. It reminds you of blood. Having nowhere else to go however, you start towards the light.

As you near the light you can hear the sizzling of a fire and the humming of a little girl. You turn the corner to find that you have walked into some sort of kitchen. Standing at the sink a few feet away is a transparent white girl. A ghost of some sort maybe. She is humming to herself a little tune that you think you may have heard before. She’s cutting up some green vegetable, possibly cucumbers, but you can’t tell from your angle.

You hear a timer sound off from behind a door across from you. The girl stops cutting and picks up a basket out of the sink. You presume it’s full of what she was cutting. She walks over to the door and walks inside it without opening it. You walk in opening the door behind her. The room is small and the only thing in it is a large cauldron, in which the girl is now pouring in the basket’s contents. You decide to take a peek inside the cauldron and wish that you had never done so in your life.

You gasp in shock and your eyes well up in tears at what’s inside. Looking up at you from inside are the wide eyed faces of your parents. The cauldron was filled with their blood. You suddenly feel nauseated. You back away from the cauldron and the still humming girl slowly. The girl is just standing there staring at the inside of the cauldron, licking her lips with anticipation. Your thoughts are jumbled as you sink to your knees, your hands on your face. You empty your stomach onto the floor front of you.

The girl is standing in front of you now, an evil grin spans across her face. “My names Nitori Kawashiro. It’s so very nice to meet someone new. Would you like to join your parents in here? I’m sure that they would love it if you did.” Her voice seems to completely surround you. It makes it seem like you have no choice as to what happens.

Your body begins to move on its own. It slowly rises and begins to move toward the pot. You lean over the side now once again staring at the faces of your dead parents. You try to close your eyes and turn away but find that you have no control over your body. You strain every muscle in a futile attempt at resistance. You are about to give in now. Nitori is laughing maniacally behind you.

“Don’t you want to be with your parents little girl? They sure do miss you sooo much. I’m telling you what they want, and giving you that little push you need to get there. AHAHAHAHAHA!”

You aren’t holding back your tears now. You can feel a large weight behind you. Your body has been completely sapped of its strength. Just as you are about to fall in you hear a different voice. “Don’t do it Tori! Don’t listen to it! It has no real control over you! You’re still in control! Your mind is your own! Try to change the situation using your own memories of whatever it using against you! Do it before it actually does take control over you!” You don’t know who it is, but their words ring loudly in your ears. The creature behind you screams loudly in response. The force behind you seems larger than before, but somehow you feel your strength returning. You take all the voice says to heart.

You begin to remember as many good memories of your parents as possible. Playing with them in the plains near your home, cooking with your mother, working on ships with your dad. The scene around you begins to distort and change. Everything becomes a swirling black mass. You can hear the creature scream in agony. You turn around now to see a swirling mass of white in the air behind you. It has no distinct shape to it, but you can tell that it was what did this to you. You feel almost unending anger towards it, but now you knew how to fight it.

“This is my mind God dammit! Stay the hell out!” You yell as you try to force that angry into propelling whatever that thing was out of your mind. You hear it wail one last time before you completely force it from you.

You awake suddenly a few minutes later and quickly sit up feeling for your side-arm. Your eyes are wide with fear and breathing is fast and shallow. You feel a weight on your lap. You look down to see Cirno looking up at you with tearful eyes and a running nose. She immediately throws her arms around you in a tight embrace.

“We didn’t think that you were going to make it Tori. Please don’t scare us like that again, OK?” Her words come in between gasps for breath. You put your arms around her and put your face in her shoulder letting loose the last of your tears. When you’re finished you look up to see Meiling crouched in front of you, a relieved look on her face.

“It looks like you did hear me in the end after all. I suppose that you want some type of explanation as to what that thing was, so I’ll tell you. That thing is what we like to call a Mind Flayer. It is a type of youkai ghost. It will try to possess those people with weak minds in an attempt to take over their body and use it for their own reasons. They are very powerful if you don’t know how to counter them already, and even if you do you still need to be more powerful than it to be able to force it out of your mind once it’s inside. I’m sorry that I exposed that to you. I thought that for sure it would attack me. But I guess that I was wrong. If you don’t feel up to it we can leave the mission right now, Remilia will understand after we explain what happened to you. Suika and Marisa will be fine on their own.”

Do I really feel up to this right now? I don’t exactly feel at my best.

[] abort the mission now.
[] continue with the mission. (all stats except luck -2)

[] write-in any questions for Meiling
**********

Aftermath report for both the mind flayer and the human soldiers soon. Yes I did roll for every action in there. You guys are really lucky, and you picked one of the harder paths for fighting the Mind Flayer. I’m not really confident about how I wrote this, so sorry if it sucks.

Mind Flayer added to Bestiary.
>> No. 35716
Aftermath Report

Casualties:

None

Injuries:

None, I’m not counting the mental barrage as an injury

Survived:

- You; All stats except luck -2 till you rest.
- Meiling
- Cirno

Items Gained:

Corrosive SMG clips *2
SMG clips *2

Items Lost:

None

Perks Gained:

None

Experience Gained:

You- 25% to level 4; Gained level 3!
Meiling- 0% to level 13
Cirno- 45% to level 8
>> No. 35721
[X] continue with the mission. (all stats except luck -2)
[X] "Are there any more of those things around here?"
[X] "When we get back, can you please help me learn to resist the Mind Flayers? It sounds like you've dealt with them before, and...well...I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't hear your voice."
[X] How dare those bastards force you to see that!! They're gonna pay for this!
>> No. 35724
>>35711
We didn't know we were going to try to take on a mind flayer.

[X] continue with the mission. (all stats except luck -2)
[x] Ask Meiling some questions
-[x] "How is the mission going so far? I hope this hasn't caused any problems"
-[X] "Are there any more of those things around here?"
-[X] "When we get back, can you please help me learn to resist the Mind Flayers? It sounds like you've dealt with them before, and...well...I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't hear your voice."
-[x] What kind of people are these saviors, fighting so dirty!
>> No. 35725
>>35724
I rolled for whether or not Meiling would tell you, and you lopst that roll.
>> No. 35748
[X] continue with the mission. (all stats except luck -2)
[X] "Are there any more of those things around here?"
[X] "When we get back, can you please help me learn to resist the Mind Flayers? It sounds like you've dealt with them before, and...well...I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't hear your voice."
[X] What kind of people can call themselves "saviors" while using such underhanded tactics!?
[X] "How are the other teams doing so far?"
>> No. 35753
[X] continue with the mission. (all stats except luck -2)
[X] "Are there any more of those things around here?"
[X] "When we get back, can you please help me learn to resist the Mind Flayers? It sounds like you've dealt with them before, and...well...I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't hear your voice."
[X] What kind of people can call themselves "saviors" while using such underhanded tactics!?
[X] "How are the other teams doing so far?"
>> No. 35754
[X] continue with the mission. (all stats except luck -2)
[X] "Are there any more of those things around here?"
[X] "When we get back, can you please help me learn to resist the Mind Flayers? It sounds like you've dealt with them before, and...well...I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't hear your voice."
[X] What kind of people can call themselves "saviors" while using such underhanded tactics!?
[X] "How are the other teams doing so far?"

[X] Check 'Mind Flayer' in Beastery
>> No. 35756
[X] continue with the mission. (all stats except luck -2)
[X] "Are there any more of those things around here?"
[X] "When we get back, can you please help me learn to resist the Mind Flayers? It sounds like you've dealt with them before, and...well...I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't hear your voice."
[X] What kind of people can call themselves "saviors" while using such underhanded tactics!?
[X] "How are the other teams doing so far?"

Called it for this. Bestiary update soon as well.
>> No. 35763
4.Mind Flayer- A type of youkai ghost. It waits for its prey to come to it, usual in secluded rooms at the back of facilities and abandoned houses. They infiltrate a person’s mind and show them what things they most do not want to see. If the person gives in to the torments of the Mind Flayer they fall under its influence and lose control of both their mind and their body to it. They cannot be seen by normal means, and they cannot be physically hurt in any way. Weak to light magic and attacks from the minds of those it attacks.

Strength- 0
Magic- 20
Agility- 17
Intelligence- Whatever the youkai’s intelligence was when it died. Usually 13
Charisma- Same as above.
Luck- 12

# Defeated=1
**********
Sorry it took so long. After I said I called the vote I got sick and I was in no mood to write. I'm back on my feet however, so expect an update in the next few hours. Please don't hold me to that if I don't.
>> No. 35764
File 127078787289.jpg - (69.07KB , 1366x768 , cirno's math class 4.jpg ) [iqdb]
35764
I may be a bit exhausted, but I’m still ready for more. Besides, I don’t want to look like a wimp on my second mission.

“I think that I can keep going with the mission Meiling, but I do have a few questions for you first. I still need a little bit of time to rest anyway.” You were a little disoriented from the mental attack still. Meiling and Cirno help you up and over to a chair on the far side of the room.

“Seems only fair that I answer your questions, and you’re right, you look like you need to rest up at least a little before we get moving again.” You’re happy that she understands. Even though you want to continue the mission you could barely stand right now.


“Are there any more of those things around here? I don’t think I could face any more of those right now.”

“No. There aren’t any more of them in the immediate area, and if we do come across another we’re going to mark the door and leave it there for someone else to deal with.” That’s good to hear, although you didn’t exactly like the idea of leaving one of those alone you let it go for now.

"When we get back, can you please help me learn to resist the Mind Flayers? It sounds like you've dealt with them before, and...well...I'm not sure what would have happened if I didn't hear your voice."

“Actually for the full truth you’re one of only two people that have ever survived an assault from a Mind Flayer without going insane, the other being Remilia herself. Remilia has trained ever person in her guard to stand up to them, but we never encountered one again until now. Apparently they are becoming more common however, as more and more cases of their attacks surface. In the end Remilia might actually have you teach us a few things to help fight it.” That’s… quite a surprise. To think that you were able to live through something that’s only been survived by the empress herself.

“Is Remilia really the only person to have survived one of those!?”

“Well, we think that maybe Flandre has encountered quite a few before, but I think her mind is too jumbled for a Mind Flayer to have any effect at all on her.” So that makes two, and both are excessively powerful when compared to most others.

“Wait a second, why was that even here?” You asked curious now.

“The Saviors.” Meiling replies coldly and with a stare of malice. “They found some way to capture them and transport them to locations where they would not normally be found.”

Damn these Saviors! You slam your fist into the wall behind you leaving a dent and making both Meiling and Cirno jump a bit in surprise. What kind of people can call themselves "saviors" while using such underhanded tactics!? This is deplorable, unforgivable! How can they do such things to people.

“He-hey, Tori a-are you alright?” You look up at Cirno’s voice and notice both of them looking at you cautiously.

“Yes, I’ll be fine. These people who call themselves Saviors just infuriate me is all.” You stand up slowly and grab your weapon from a nearby storage container Meiling had placed it on. “How are the other teams doing Meiling before we get going again?”

“The other bases are already cleared and Marisa and Suika have cleared out most of the other side of this one. The only places that haven’t been cleared yet are the two hanger bays, and those are right across from us. I can’t sense anything in the one directly across from us, but I haven’t actually checked it yet. I didn’t want to leave you by yourself and Cirno only just got here, so I didn’t have time to check the other one yet. What do you think we should do? I don’t really mind either way, but I want to know how far you can go so I’m letting you choose.”

They both look at full strength. Something tells me that there’s something big in that second hanger so we’re definitely going in there, but how to go about things?

[] Check the first hanger then the second all as a team.
[] Forget about the first hanger and just clear out the second one.
[] Split up and check both hangers.
- [] write-in which people go to the first.
- [] write-in which people go to the second.
[] Actually, you really don’t feel up to this.

[] Switch primary if weapon if wanted, or load different ammunition into your gun.
[] cast ice shot if wanted.
***********
Pic is just a totally random screenshot I took, it has nothing to do with the story.
>> No. 35765
[X] Check the first hanger then the second all as a team.
[X] Load: corrosive SMG clip x1.
>> No. 35770
[x] Split up and check both hangers.
- Tori and China first hanger.
- Cirno for second.
- Hit at the exact same time
[X] Load: corrosive SMG clip x1.

There's hostages in the hangar right? Seems we should hit both at the same time in order to reduce the chance of civilian casualties. It is more dangerous for us though, but I believe we can handle it even with the temporary -2 stat loss (except for Luck).
>> No. 35774
[x] Split up and check both hangers.
- Tori and China first hanger.
- Cirno for second.
- Hit at the exact same time
[X] Load: corrosive SMG clip x1.
[X] Be prepared to cast ice wall
>> No. 35783
[x] Split up and check both hangers.
- Tori and China first hanger.
- Cirno for second.
- Hit at the exact same time
[X] Load: corrosive SMG clip x1.
[X] Be prepared to cast ice wall
>> No. 35784
Vote called for...

[x] Split up and check both hangers.
- Tori and China first hanger.
- Cirno for second.
- Hit at the exact same time
[X] Load: corrosive SMG clip x1.
[X] Be prepared to cast ice wall

I know that it didn't hit three yet, but I'm sure it would. Also I'm posting the next update in a new thread. I would like to ask that Anon put some reviews of my work in the last of this thread. Any complaints or things that you think that I could work on would be good to hear. That way I can try to fix them over time.
>> No. 35785
i would love it if you could pass the text thru someone else first, there are lots of little typos and such that for some bizarre reason get to my nerves...

otherwise i like it very much.
>> No. 35793
>>35785
I'll try to start doing that. I have noticed thee kind of large amount of them. I've nearly killed myself over all of them too. Thanks for the idea.
>> No. 35794
>>35793
>thee
>the

At least in the story I will.