[Return]
Archived Thread

File 126421291428.jpg - (116.97KB , 800x600 , 126336844423.jpg ) [iqdb]
34005 No. 34005
“I’ll go to bed, now. I’m struggling to stay awake as it is.”

Remilia nods. “Very well. You still know where your room is, I presume?”

“Yeah. By the way, you should turn in as well, young lady. It’s way past your bedtime.” Before she can respond, you swipe her hat off with one hand and ruffle her hair with the other. Replacing the hat, you smirk at her dumbfounded expression, and move off towards your room. “You’ve done a excellent job of running things while I was gone, Remi.”


Your room is almost exactly the same as it was when you left, except for two key differences. First, your bed has been exchanged for a slightly larger one. And second, your belongings have been unpacked and distributed about the room. Your laptop and games are on your desk, the tomes you brought with you are on the shelves, and your clothes are… You open the wardrobe. Yep, they’re in here. Along with a note in Remilia’s handwriting.

’Unacceptable. You shall be fitted for new clothes tomorrow.’

You want to be indignant about her rifling through your things, but you’re too tired. You’ll berate her after you wake up, then. With that out of the way, you change and get into bed. Sleep comes almost instantly.


You open your eyes. It takes a few moments, but you remember that you’re in your own room. You just lie there for a few minutes, until someone knocks on the door.

“Are you awake?” It’s Sakuya.

“Yeah.” you reply.

“Good. Breakfast will be in about an hour. Is there anything you need before that?”

You think it over. “A bath would be nice, I suppose.”

“Then I’ll draw one up now.” Comes the voice.

“Thanks.” You say, and move to grab some clothes.

When you reach the bathroom, the bath is ready. You undress and get in. Damn, that feels good— you relax, any worries you had now gone. You’re content to lie there for who knows how long, until the water begins to cool. Finally, after a bit of reluctant consideration, you get out.

After getting dressed, you move to leave, but you notice your reflection in the mirror. Huh, looks like it’s been enchanted to show a vampire’s reflection. You walk over to the mirror and take stock of yourself.

You’re tall and slightly scrawny. Your jet-black hair is short, and seems to absorb the light. Actually, if it weren’t for your wings, fangs, eyes, and unnatural vampiric handsomeness, you could pass yourself off as an ordinary human teenager. And you have— your wings can be hidden, your fangs passed off as a family quirk (which they are), and your eye color can be changed with contact lenses. The last factor, however…

“Are you okay? You’ve been in there for a while, now.”

“Wha—!?” You snap back to reality. “I’m… fine, Sakuya. Just lost track of time, that’s all,”

For some reason, she chuckles at that. “…Alright. Breakfast will be in a few minutes.” You hear footsteps moving off.

Dammit, this is why vampires don’t have reflections, you conclude. Every time you do manage to see your image in a mirror, you end up staring at yourself for far too long. Vampires may be immune to each other’s charisma but not, apparently, to their own. Sighing, you exit the bathroom.


“So, how was your first night back in your room?” asks Remilia as you walk into the dining hall. You sit down— breakfast has just been served.

“Fine, although my enjoyment of it was slightly marred by the fact that a certain younger sister of mine evidently took it upon herself to inspect my clothes without my permission.” You frown at her. She doesn’t budge.

“Those are the clothes of a common human, Wallachia. Not of a noble vampire.” You open your mouth to protest, but she cuts you off. “I’ve arranged for one of Patchy’s colleagues to come and measure you for some new clothes. She’ll be here later tonight, so don’t even think of trying to escape.”

No room for argument. She’s truly her mother’s daughter. Resigning yourself to your fate, you eat your breakfast.

[x] Head to the library.
[x] Take a walk.

>> No. 34006
[x] Take a walk.

Get to know the grounds once again.
>> No. 34007
[ø] Take a walk.

Ah so Wallace looks a few years older than Remilia.
>> No. 34009
[X] Take a walk.

'Teenager' has a wide array of possible looks, care to specify an age?
>> No. 34010
[x] Take a walk.

We still need to tell Patchy about that library, but a walk before some reading never hurts. Remi doesn't get the idea of trying to blend in it seems.
>> No. 34011
> Resigning yourself to your fate...

Damn it, we fell that fast? Why do we need new clothes anyway? We go for use, not look.

> Dammit, this is why vampires don’t have reflections, you conclude.

I snickered.

[X] Take a walk.
>> No. 34013
>>34009
About seventeen.
>> No. 34014
>>34011

I don't think it's so much fate than having an insanely stubborn sister that can toss you around with ease. Sometimes you just can't win against family.
>> No. 34015
[x] Take a walk.

>>34013
Considering Remi's apparent age, it makes sense, I guess.
>> No. 34016
Screw that crap.

[x] Take a walk.

We are simply taking a walk. In casual clothes.
Hello there, person whom I have not yet met. I am Wallace. In casual clothes.
Hey, mind if I hang around your domicile a bit? In casual clothes?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with just happening to take a walk where everyone can see us. In casual clothes.
>> No. 34021
>>34016

You're doing it right.

We're going to be the better liked sibling of the Scarlet family.

By the way, what would our title be? We ain't gonna be called 'Brother of the Devil', that's for sure.
>> No. 34024
[x] Take a walk.
>> No. 34025
[x] Take a walk.
>> No. 34026
>>34021

The Eldest Scarlet. Duh.
>> No. 34027
>>34026
>The Scarlet Devil
>Sister of the Devil
The Eldest Scarlet

Kind of lacking
>> No. 34028
>>34027
The Eldest Devil? Maybe, but also lacking. Does it really need Devil in the title?

How about using Scholarly, Wise, or something along those lines in his title?
>> No. 34029
"The Night of Wallachia"

I'm sorry, I just had to.
>> No. 34030
How about 'The Crimson Demon'

It's like 'The Scarlet Devil', but different words.

And besides, Gensokyo's power tiers is measured in magical strength, not physical.
>> No. 34031
We really need a vote to decide on a proper Title for him. Best worked into an update.
>> No. 34035
>>34030

once he learns Danmaku he may end up beating his sister a great deal of the time (considering how her speciality is melee, not danmaku)
>> No. 34036
I'll be honest with you guys; I seem to have written myself into a slight rut. The next update might take a day or so, and there's a chance it will be rather short.
>> No. 34038
How about "Wallace"?
>> No. 34041
>>34038

I think they were talking about character titles like all Touhou characters have.
>> No. 34042
>>34041
How about "Wallace"?
>> No. 34043
"World of Crimson" ~ Remilia Scarlet

"Sister of the Devil" ~ Flandre Scarlet

"Wallace" ~ Wallachia Scarlet

...yeah, no.
>> No. 34048
'The Crimson Demon' ~ Wallachia Scarlet

Admit it, it sounds better than 'Wallace' right?
>> No. 34054
Demon of chance?
Crimsom future?
The Eldest Scarlet?
>> No. 34057
Wallachia can be 'Wallanon' if you don't want to reference him as 'Wallace'

How about "Wallachia, the King of Crimson"? It carries with it precedence, fits the redness theme, and also is a reference to "King Crimson" a pretty badass Jojo stand who upon activation can predict all immediate future events as they would normally happen without interference, along with allowing time around him to skip forward in relation to himself. There'd be some funky mechanics with "Sakuya's World", another Stand reference since instead of her stopping time to brew him some tea, he can just skip ahead to whatever time she'd need to prepare normally, while also partially breaking Remilia's Fate stranglehold, at least in reference to immediate events. It also was able to punch right through people.

Another is "C-Moon" which causes in antigravity in relation to his present location (e.g., people & objects falling away from him at 9.80m/s^2. Change it to "Crimson Moon" and it becomes a Nasu reference as well.

"Wallachia, the Bad Moon Rising" is another suggestion, but that's simply a Creedence reference.

Of course, the "Night of the Blood Liar" the most powerful effect of TATARI's reality marble "Night of Wallachia" may have already begun, with the sisters and himself deluded into thinking Wallachia is their 'elder brother', and deluding even himself as well.
>> No. 34059
>>34057

You're over thinking this. His power is already figured out- Probability manipulation.
>> No. 34063
Wallachia - "He's just this guy, you know?"
>> No. 34107
why not just putting everyone into sleep?
>> No. 34108
File 126445223148.jpg - (43.05KB , 333x437 , Armory.jpg ) [iqdb]
34108
Once you finish, you decide to take a short walk before heading to the library. Bidding farewell to your sister and her maid, you exit the room and let your feet choose your path. You smile as you enter hallways and rooms that you played in when you were young. Here’s where you hit your head while roughhousing with your sisters. There’s the window you smashed when you fought Remilia. This was your mother’s sewing room, where she spent a good deal of her time. Ever so slowly, the mansion starts to feel like home once more. Finally, you reach the armory, where your father kept trophies from the various vampire hunters he defeated. And it is here that you stop. There are bad memories associated with this room, memories that stir up unwanted feelings in both you and Remilia. Flandre has it worse, and won’t even come near this place. Who can blame her, though? After all, this is where…. No. You’re not going to think about that incident. Every time you do, resentment builds up— resentment towards a small girl who had no control over the events of that day. Sighing, you turn around and head to the library.


“Good evening, Miss Knowledge.” You say as you walk past the witch. Has she even moved since you saw her last?

“Good evening,” comes the monotone reply. She’s wrapped up in her book. Shrugging, you pick up your own tome and find your place. You have emotions you want to get rid of, and a long bout of reading is the perfect cure. Sure enough, you relax after a few minutes, and the world fades away.


“Excuse me.” A hand touches your shoulder and you flinch, startled out of your daze. It’s Sakuya.

“What is it?” You ask with a slight amount of heat. You don’t like being wrenched out of a book.

“Our guest is here. Are you going to meet her, or will you stay down here?”

[x] Go meet the guest.
[x] Wait for them here.

Ugh. Sorry for the wait, guys. I don't know what came over me. Future updates will be much better, more likely.
>> No. 34109
[x] Go meet the guest.
>> No. 34110
[x] Go meet the guest.
>> No. 34111
[x] Go meet the guest.
>> No. 34114
[x] Wait for them here.
Patchouli should hear.. whatever it will be.
>> No. 34115
[x] Go meet the guest.
>> No. 34116
[x] Go meet the guest.

If it's someone new, let's make a good impression.

We will be the Rutherford B. Hayes of Gensokyo, only without the election fraud and the firing on railway workers.

Also, nicer to Chinese people please.
>> No. 34117
[x] Go meet the guest.

>Also, nicer to Chinese people please.
That remains to be seen, but probably.
>> No. 34118
[ø] Go meet the guest.
>> No. 34120
[X] Go meet the guest.

>>34108

I think I know why the Scarlet family has the bad memory. It was when their parents died. And Flandre was the one who accidentally killed them.

Unless I'm wrong.
>> No. 34121
[x] Go meet the guest.

It'd be the polite thing to do that and Patchy doesn't feel much like talking anyways.
>> No. 34145
File 126462756245.png - (76.04KB , 800x600 , 121695188761.png ) [iqdb]
34145
“There you are, Brother.” Says Remilia, breaking away from the conversation she was having (you opted to meet the guest yourself— no point in being rude). As she does, the woman she was talking to turns around. She’s of European descent, with shoulder length blonde hair and olive green eyes, and wearing a long blue dress. She’s pretty— almost like a doll. Speaking of which, there’s one floating in the air by her side, and it turns as well.

“Sorry if I kept you waiting, but the library is rather comfortable.” You say, and turn to the woman. “And whom might you be?”

She curtsies. “I am Alice Margatroid, the Seven Colored Puppeteer,” says the woman in a confident, no-nonsense tone. “And this is Shanghai.” She makes an almost imperceptible gesture with her free hand (the other, you noticed, is holding a large grimoire) and the doll curtsies as well. You don’t see any strings. Magic, then.

“Charmed. I am Wallachia Scarlet— although I much prefer ‘Wallace’,” you say as you bow. “Welcome to my home.” Remilia frowns at this, but says nothing.

“How very polite. Are you two truly related?” asks Alice offhandedly.

“Yes, sadly.” You say at the exact same time as your sister. You glare at each other, and the puppeteer giggles slightly. A moment later she straightens up, all business.

“So, would one of you please explain to me as to why I’m here? I was told that my skills were needed, but I’m in the dark as to which set I’m to use.”

Remilia clears her throat. “We’d like your skills as a tailor. As you can see, my brother dresses the part of a common human. The rest of his wardrobe is the same. This is unacceptable, since he is—“

“Of ‘noble status’,” you finish, rolling your eyes. Your sister backhands you in the stomach, and you drop to one knee, coughing.

“Don’t interrupt me. Anyways,” she continues. “We would like for you to measure and create clothes befitting his station. We’ll pay you, of course. Is the usual price alright?”

Alice ponders something for a moment, and then nods. “Actually, I’ll do it for less, if you’d do me a favor.”

Remilia raises an eyebrow. “Oh?”

The puppeteer turns to you. “It’s something of a brazen request, but may I have some of your current clothes? You see,” She begins. "I’ve never gotten a chance to properly study modern day clothing. Those from the outside are usually in no shape to examine, and the only store that would conceivably carry such clothes never seems to. As a tailor, this is a rare chance for me.”

That’s a reasonable request. “Sure,” you say. “I’ll lend you some of my clothes.”

She smiles. “Thank you. Now, then,” she picks up the bag at her feet. “Let’s get this done.



What clothes would suit our protagonist?

[x] Write-in (be specific).
>> No. 34146
File 126462959777.jpg - (76.85KB , 290x554 , Wallachia.jpg ) [iqdb]
34146
Wow, this is tough since as a guy, Wallace can't have a pretty dress with frills everywhere.

[ø] image.
>> No. 34147
File 126463157680.png - (42.57KB , 192x438 , Wallachia_MBAA.png ) [iqdb]
34147
[x]You can't get more vampiric than this.
>> No. 34148
File 126463311714.jpg - (66.95KB , 560x770 , Arikado.jpg ) [iqdb]
34148
>>34147
Damn it, beat me by that much.

[X] >>34147
[X] Image.
[X] Be sure to keep a few sets of normal clothes. Noble status be damned, those things are comfortable.
>> No. 34149
[X] >>34146
[X] Image from >>34148
[X] Be sure to keep a few sets of normal clothes. Noble status be damned, those things are comfortable.
>> No. 34151
[X] >>34146
[X] Image from >>34148
[X] Be sure to keep a few sets of normal clothes. Noble status be damned, those things are comfortable.
I can agree with this.
>> No. 34152
[X] >>34146
[X] Image from >>34148
[X] Be sure to keep a few sets of normal clothes. Noble status be damned, those things are comfortable.
I can agree with this.
>> No. 34153
[X] >>34146
[X] Image from >>34148
[X] Be sure to keep a few sets of normal clothes. Noble status be damned, those things are comfortable.
[X] While you're at it--ask Alice to secretly make and keep a few sets of normal clothes, too, just in case Remilia destroys your set.

The funny thing about these clothes is that they look terribly fancy...until you discard a key element.

Take that first outfit, for example. Ditch the cape and the ascot thing, and what've you got? Shirt and pants. A bit of ruffles at the sleeves, but nothing too too too bad.

Not sure what you get when you ditch the coat and tie, though.
>> No. 34155
>>34153
They're fancy but not over the top so, and they have a element of practicality, and Arikardo's outfit is very modern if a bit fancier than normal.
>> No. 34158
>>34146
Says who?
>> No. 34159
>>34158
Σ(゚Д゚)
oh you.
>> No. 34193
File 126488994944.png - (474.15KB , 471x600 , 123208954879.png ) [iqdb]
34193
Seeing Alice work is a novel experience. To your surprise, she doesn’t immediately take your measurements— rather, she pulls out a sketchbook, explaining that she needs to see you in various styles of clothing before anyone makes any decisions. Then she begins to draw at a speed you didn’t think was possible, even with magic. A few minutes later, she stops. Remilia shakes her head and Alice makes a noise of agreement, shifting her pencil to another page. This process goes on for nearly twenty more minutes, until your sister claps her hands with a satisfied smile on her face. “There!”

You move over to where the girls are and look over Alice’s shoulder. There’s a ridiculously detailed picture of you in a three-piece suit. It’s a bit fancy, but you like it. “That’s great. I don’t think I’ll wear the jacket that often, but it’s fine otherwise.”

The puppeteer nods absentmindedly. “I didn’t think you would. In that case…” Her pencil flies over the adjacent page, bringing to life an image of you in a dress shirt and pants. “Yes,” she says. “That looks more natural. But something’s still missing.... ah!”

“What is it?” asks Remilia. She blinks, and then looks around with a slightly bewildered look on her face (you’re willing to bet that she got caught up in the tailor’s enthusiasm).

“Give me a moment….” Alice scrubs at the image with an eraser, and then reconstitutes it. This time, however, you’re wearing a waistcoat over the shirt. “Perfect.”

“Very nice,” you say. “I’ll take them.” Remilia nods in assent.

“Excellent. Then I’ll take your measurements immediately. Shanghai!”

The puppeteer hands her pencil to the doll, and picks up a coiled piece of ribbon. She unrolls it, and asks you to stand up straight. From there, she seems to dance around you, periodically moving your arms as though you were a poseable doll and rattling off measurements to Shanghai, who writes them down in the sketchbook (which is slightly weird, as you can see Alice’s fingers moving in conjunction with the doll’s actions). She finishes ten minutes later.


“So, what do you plan to do now?” asks Remilia. Alice has finished packing, and thinks it over.

“I think I’ll stop in to see Patchouli.”

[x] Join her.
[x] Do something else (specify).


Wow, that's a half-assed ending. I don't really have an excuse for it.
>> No. 34195
[ø] Join her.
The library, it calls us.
>> No. 34196
[x] Join her.

Magic talkan and patchy romancan games.
>> No. 34197
[x] Join her.
>> No. 34200
[x] Join her.
>> No. 34206
[X] Join her.
-[X] Ask if Remilia wants to go as well.
>> No. 34261
File 126531311773.jpg - (72.53KB , 610x770 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
34261
“Actually, do you mind if I join you?” you ask. “I was planning on heading there anyways.”

Alice blinks. “Yes, of course. But, you don’t really have to ask, do you? This is, after all, your house.”

Remilia eyes you critically. “Yes… why do you ask when it’s your home?”

You shrug. “Asking is the polite thing to do, Remi. One of the first things I learned when I left the mansion is that arrogance doesn’t get a person very far.”

“…Hmph.” Remilia frowns, and then grins devilishly. Uh-oh. “Well, it doesn’t really matter to me. Anyways, I’m off. You two… don’t have too much fun— if you catch my drift!” And then she’s gone.

You put your face in your hands. That goddamned cheeky brat. Just because you one-upped her doesn’t mean that she can just insinuate something like that in front of a guest! Sighing, you turn to Alice. “I’m really sorry about that.”

The puppeteer looks nonplussed. “It’s fine. It was delivered too childishly to take seriously, after all.”

“Ah, thank goodness. Well, then,” you say. “Shall we, Miss Margatroid?”

Alice nods, and the two of you head off. As you do, you ask a few questions about doll magic, starting a long explanation from the witch about the finer points of her field. Soon enough, you reach the library. You’re about to open the door when you feel a surge of weak demonic energy. That’s odd. Patchouli’s an elementalist, not a dark mage. Is someone else in there? You open the door.

Near the center of the room is a toppled bookshelf. Off to the side is Patchouli, along with another woman with small bat-like wings on her head. You fly down to them, Alice close behind. As you land they turn to you, giving you a better look at the newcomer. Long red hair and a buxom figure— a succubus. And her eyes…. you suppress a shiver. Those are the eyes of your sisters at their pranking worst, eyes full of unabashed mischief.

“Good evening Alice, Wallachia.” You’re broken out of your dread by the sound of your name. You frown.

“It’s ‘Wallace’. And who is this?”

Patchouli gestures to the succubus. “This is my familiar, Koakuma. I was just reprimanding her for toppling that shelf,” she looks at the imp pointedly. “You are to put everything back in place by tomorrow afternoon.”

Koakuma slouches, and slowly moves towards the shelf. Patchouli sighs.

“I’m sorry you had to see that. She never learns.”

“Well,” you say. “At least no one got hurt.”

The purple-haired witch nods slowly. “True. Now,” she turns to Alice. “What brings you here?”

“My services as a tailor were requested. I also came to return the book that I borrowed the last time I visited.”

“Ah, thank you. Will you be taking out another one?”

“Yes, I believe I will.”

You smile. “Alright then,” you interrupt. “I’ll leave you two to yourselves. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask.” You start to move off, but Alice speaks up.

“Actually….”

“Yes?”

“Would you mind telling us about yourself?” She looks slightly embarrassed. “I mean, we know nothing about you. I, at least, didn’t even know Remilia had a brother until today.”

Patchouli is looking remarkably eager as well. “I’ve been wondering about your past as well. It interests me greatly.”

[x] That's a decent request.
[x] Can it wait?

I'm making this story's Koakuma closer to what ZUN said she's like.
>> No. 34262
[x] That's a decent request.
>> No. 34263
{X} That's a decent request.
>> No. 34265
[X] That's a decent request.

Not like we have anything better to do.
>> No. 34266
[X] That's a decent request.
>> No. 34270
[x] That's a decent request.

I want a mythical wall of brother stories!
>> No. 34272
[x] That's a decent request.
WALL COME, I BEG THEE
>> No. 34273
[X] That's a decent request.
>> No. 34275
[x] That's a decent request.
-[x] Great time to tell her about that secret library. Knowledge is best shared.

The one that was considered last night for dinner tales. I wonder if Remilia has caught on to a possible attraction between her friend and her brother.

>“Asking is the polite thing to do, Remi. One of the first things I learned when I left the mansion is that arrogance doesn’t get a person very far.”
A major factor in Wallace's personality,and why he might be the better liked out of the siblings.
>> No. 34278
[X] That's a decent request.
-[X] Great time to tell her about that secret library. Knowledge is best shared.

A man must always be sure that his company is wanted.
>> No. 34286
[ø] That's a decent request.
-[ø] Great time to tell her about that secret library. Knowledge is best shared.
>> No. 34306
You still alive?
>> No. 34309
>>34306
Yeah. Sometimes the story seems to write itself. This isn't one of those times. I'm about halfway done as it is, though.
>> No. 34311
I'd thought a guy hanging out with a lovely friend of his sisters and her friend's friend would come naturally. It's pretty funny when you think of it in normal life terms. For those of us with sisters, I'm sure we've all considered hitting on one of our sister's friends.
>> No. 34315
File 126583159546.png - (399.50KB , 600x700 , 1262152141222.png ) [iqdb]
34315
“Alright. Why don’t we settle down, first. This may take a while.” The three of you move to the chairs and sit down. You clear your throat, and begin.

You start off with your childhood, which was about a hundred and fifty years of being upstaged by your sisters. You give a vague account of your parent’s deaths— a hunter broke in one morning and fought and killed your parents before succumbing to his own injuries (a lie, but you’re not about to tell them the truth just yet). After that, you and Remilia were forced to grow up and take care of Flandre, and it was around that time that you discovered your talent for the arcane.

“It was at that point, I suppose, that things started to sour between me and Remi. Until then, she was the unofficial head of house— she was stronger, more confident, and generally wiser about such things. But once I started to study magic, I got cocky and tried to have more of a say in any decisions concerning our future.”

That went on for about another century before your sister got fed up and kicked you out. Now you go into more detail about your studies and the libraries you visited. Surprisingly, Patchouli interrupts you when you reach the topic of the Bibliotheces Secretus.

“I thought you looked familiar. I would never have imagined that you were Remilia’s brother.”

Wait, what?

“You’ve met before?” asks Alice. She’s leaning forward in her chair.

“Yes,” says Patchouli. “Briefly. We reached for the same book. He conceded it to me, and we parted ways. We encountered each other again last night.” She glances at you, waiting for your response. Wow, this came out of nowhere.

“Sorry. I honestly can’t say that I remember that happening.”

The witch frowns, looking slightly miffed. “…That’s understandable. It’s been one hundred, sixty-seven years, ninety-three days, eight hours and forty-two minutes since we last met, after all, and it was only for a moment.”

She’s been keeping track? That’s… kind of creepy, actually. An awkward silence settles over the room.

“Um… so! What did you do after that?” Alice finally breaks the ice.

“Yes. Yes, after that I went to Paris, where I….” Thankful for the distraction, you start blabbering about your life after the library's fall.


Well, that’s over and done with. Alice has moved off to a shelf, and Patchouli is still in her chair, reading.

[x] Talk to Alice.
[x] Talk to Patchouli
>> No. 34318
>It’s been one hundred, sixty-seven years, ninety-three days, eight hours and forty-two minutes since we last met, after all, and it was only for a moment.
uh, wow.
[x] Talk to Patchouli
>> No. 34320
>he witch frowns, looking slightly miffed.
Ho-Lee Shit.

[x] Talk to Patchouli
>> No. 34323
[x] Talk to Patchouli
[x]"I'm wondering Miss Patchouli, was there anything noteworthy about our encounter that would make you remember it so precisely? I'm quite impressed with your attention to detail."
>> No. 34326
[x] Talk to Patchouli
[x]"I'm wondering Miss Patchouli, was there anything noteworthy about our encounter that would make you remember it so precisely? I'm quite impressed with your attention to detail."
>> No. 34327
File 126585557730.jpg - (7.87KB , 480x360 , thisisdelicious.jpg ) [iqdb]
34327
[x] Talk to Patchouli
[x]"I'm wondering Miss Patchouli, was there anything noteworthy about our encounter that would make you remember it so precisely? I'm quite impressed with your attention to detail."
YES
YES!
>> No. 34328
[x] Talk to Patchouli

Damn, Patchy.

Just started reading this today, and realized I'd confused it with a different, older story which I wasn't very interested in.

This one, however, is wonderful, and I would advise you to keep writing it.

Can't decide if I want to pursue Patchy or Remilia. I want to say I'm joking, but the prospect is so amusing I can't discard it out of hand. ...I mean, she's basically already Akiha.

>>34261
>I'm making this story's Koakuma closer to what ZUN said she's like.
...He acknowledged Koakuma's existence? Where? What did he say?
>> No. 34329
[X] Talk to Patchouli
[X]"I'm wondering Miss Patchouli, was there anything noteworthy about our encounter that would make you remember it so precisely? I'm quite impressed with your attention to detail."

A Patchouli route is needed. It may also help stop the meta-shitstorms in GH.
>> No. 34330
[x] Talk to Patchouli
[x]"I'm wondering Miss Patchouli, was there anything noteworthy about our encounter that would make you remember it so precisely? I'm quite impressed with your attention to detail."

DO WANT PATCHY

AND THIS WOULD BE MORE AWESOME THAN BIZARRE HIGH SCHOOL INTER-SPECIES ANEMIC TEACHER PORKING

I'm not sure why though.
>> No. 34331
>>34328
Check her Touhou wiki page. He made her nickname canon and said that she acts like a fairy would.
>> No. 34332
>>34329
It won't I tried suggesting this, but the fans there wouldn't listen, insistent on spiting 'the pedo route' and wanting Taisa's Patchouli to win. Trust me I tried this the first moment it started to lean on the Patchy route here.
But I hope we can patch things up, since this is already a road bump (Real evil trick the author did, not telling us this before hand)
>> No. 34333
>>34331
I wouldn't trust anything on that wiki that isn't directly translated from a known source.
>> No. 34334
>>34332
How's the faggotry business going, Wiseman?

Still keeping up a steady supply, I see.
>> No. 34336
>>34328
No. Just no. This is going to be a nice, clean CYOA. Also, if I ever wrote incest, I probably wouldn't be able to look my own sister in the eye ever again.

That aside, thank you for your support. I need all the confidence I can get.
>> No. 34346
>>34336
But they're not actual siblings! Wally's adopted.

Else he'd have a french name too.
>> No. 34347
>>34346

God, we're desperate.
>> No. 34348
>>34336
Does that mean there won't be any awkward seduction of Patchouli down the line?
>> No. 34367
File 126618189071.jpg - (255.25KB , 1000x966 , 1265002101303.jpg ) [iqdb]
34367
You gather your courage and turn to Patchouli. “Miss Knowledge? I’d like to apologize for not remembering you. I—“

“No.” She cuts you off with a sigh, and puts down her book. “I shouldn’t have expected you to remember such a brief event. It was… silly of me.”

“…You know what?” you say. “If you’ll answer a question of mine, I’ll forget about it.”

She’s silent for a moment. “…That’s fine. May I ask you a question as well?”

You nod. “Of course.”

“Then what would you like to know?”

“What about me made you keep track of such an exact amount of time?”

There’s a long pause. “You interested me. I always keep track of people who interest me. Your sisters, Sakuya, Alice, Meiling… there are many more— especially since I came to Gensokyo— but it would be too much to list all them. It’s become sort of a habit.” She nods, and looks at you pointedly. “Now it’s my turn. Earlier in your story, you lied about how your parent met their end. What I would like to know is why.”

You’re quiet for a good minute. “Before I answer that, I would like to know one thing: do you know exactly what happened to our parents?”

Patchouli shakes her head. “No, I do not. All I know is that they died before I met Remilia. I could tell that you lied, but I do not know the truth.”

That makes things easier. “Very well. You see, there’s a lot of pain associated with their deaths. It wouldn’t be fair to certain parties if I told the truth to someone who didn’t know. Someday, though, I think I’ll tell you.”

She looks satisfied “Then that’s enough. I dislike not knowing things, so….”

“I understand.” you say, and turn as Alice walks up to you.

“Well, I’ve chosen a book. I should be going— I need to start on your order, after all.”

“Excellent. In that case,” you say. “I’ll pick out some of my clothes for you. If you’ll wait for me at the door…”

Alice nods, and exchanges farewells with Patchouli. Smiling, you move off towards your room.


“Here you go.” You hand your clothes to the puppeteer. Two t-shirts, a pair of jeans, and a jacket. Her eyes sparkle as she feels the rough denim.

“Yes… this is wonderful.” She breathes. “Thank you very much.”

“It’s my pleasure,” you say. “All I ask is that you return them to me whenever you’re done.”

“I will.” She stands there for a moment, and then curtsies, Shanghai mimicking the gesture. “It was an honor to meet you, Wallachia.”

You sigh. “Please, call me ‘Wallace’.”

Alice frowns. “A pity. Wallachia is such a nice name.”

“You sound like my sister.”

The witch frowns and then you both start laughing.

“Well, I’m off.” She finally says and floats into the sky. You wave.

“Have a safe trip.” She nods, and disappears into the distance.

You move to go back inside, but you stop. It’s a really nice night out. Your vampiric instincts are urging you to take advantage of it.

[x] Go explore the land.
[x] Go back inside. There will be other chances.
>> No. 34368
[x] Go back inside. There will be other chances.

Keep out of trouble.
>> No. 34370
>>34368
We'll have to get into trouble at some point.
>> No. 34371
[x] Go explore the land.

/full life consquences, etc. No time to be a pussy.
>> No. 34372
[x] Go explore the land.

Hell yeah motherfucker
>> No. 34373
>>34370
Amen.


[x] Go explore the land.
>> No. 34374
[x] Go explore the land.
>> No. 34375
[X] Go explore the land.

We need to meet Yukari at some point, as I'm sure she ain't too happy with having the border messed with.
>> No. 34376
[X] Go explore the land.

Seems Alice is from Bucharest in this story.
>> No. 34377
[x] Go explore the land.
>> No. 34379
[X] Go explore the land.

Why not? Wallace should be at his strongest now.
>> No. 34380
[x] Go explore the land.

We've gotten our reading for the time being, some time outside wouldn't hurt.

>>34370
I'm more worried about something that would induce shitstorms to be honest. I like how this story is peaceful in the meta-sense.
>> No. 34382
[x] Go explore the land.
>> No. 34383
>>34367
>this update.

Wat.
No hitting on Patchouli whatsoever? No "Well Miss Knowledge, I must confess, now that I've met you I find you absolutely captivating."

Wally really is adopted. He's got no charisma whatsoever.
>> No. 34384
>I dislike not knowing things
I see what you did there.

[coelacanth] Go explore the land.
>> No. 34385
[x] Go explore the land.

>>34383
Hitting on someone because they've taken an interest in us is not Charisma.
>> No. 34386
>>34383
Patchy isn't someone to be seduced in the usual way. Silky words will not prevail but pearls of knowledge, ingots of wisdom will carry the night!
>> No. 34388
[x] Go explore the land.
>> No. 34421
>>34386

And besides, Patchouli is immune to Remilia's Charisma, so she would also be immune to Wally's.
>> No. 34436
>>34421
There's the fact we do have Patchy's attention (she remembered the incidental run in way back).
>> No. 34470
Bad news, guys. Due to a huge workload, I'm not going to be able to write for a few days. Sorry. I'll start writing after the 25th,
>> No. 34472
No problem. We've all been there.
>> No. 34534
File 126687084364.jpg - (25.89KB , 250x340 , full_moon.jpg ) [iqdb]
34534
You stand there, just staring at the full moon. And then you grin. You run forward and jump, your wings spread as wide as they can. It feels so good to fly again without worrying about being detected. Outside of Gensokyo, you couldn’t fly freely unless you had an invisibility spell activated— and even then you had to be careful— you’d still show up on military radars. But none of that will happen here!

Finally, after a good fifteen minutes of aerial cavorting, you land on the roof of the clock tower. From here, you survey the land. There’s the massive forest that Alice went towards, there’s a large tree in the distance… hey! You can see Reimu’s shrine. There’s also the human village. Maybe there’s something you can do there.

[x] Go visit Reimu.
[x] Head for the forest.
[x] Go check out the tree.
[x] Visit the human village.

Short, but at least it's there.
>> No. 34535
[x] Head for the forest.

Why not see if we can meet any night dwellers.

I'm not sure if going to the village on a full moon night is a great idea. EX-Keine anyone?

I don't recall any significant trees in Gensokyo at all.
>> No. 34538
File 126687481578.jpg - (793.43KB , 1000x1781 , 7be83b5b3cd809eae28b8ec14b9a779a.jpg ) [iqdb]
34538
>>34535
>I don't recall any significant trees in Gensokyo at all.
Do tell.

[X] Head for the forest.
>> No. 34541
[x] Go check out the tree.
Watching the full moon with the ghastly princess of the Netherworld. What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 34542
>>34538
But that can't be seen from the clock tower (It's a quite a decent distance to the netherworld, not to mention the gate that's in the way.)
>> No. 34544
>>34542
Whoops.
>> No. 34545
[x] Go check out the tree.
>> No. 34546
[x] Go check out the tree.
Yuyu spotted! What do you do?
>> No. 34549
>>34542
>>34544
Meh, it's really up to the author to decide those. That's the really great thing about Touhou and Gensokyo.
>> No. 34557
[x] Go check out the tree.
>> No. 34558
[x] Go check out the tree.
>> No. 34595
[X] Go check out the tree.

Yuyuko~
>> No. 34621
[x] Head for the forest.

"Hmm... There's not much interesting in this forest, after all."
"Is that so?"

>>34549
Up to the point where it's not believable.
>> No. 34624
>>34621
Unless you can find me a canon fact which states that Hakugyokurou is how far away from SDM, and that the tree is not tall/large enough to be seen, I don't see what the problem is with Saigyou Ayakashi being visible from SDM.
I'm not trying to defend the writefag or anything, but the tree could very possibly be visible from SDM, as Gensokyo is such a flexible/moldable setting.
opinions, etc.
>> No. 34640
Writing now. Expect an update by Monday.
>> No. 34668
Fucking schoolwork! Update tomorrow or Wednesday, I promise.
>> No. 34669
>>34668
Oww.
Thanks for keeping us updated. (no pun intended)
>> No. 34672
File 126748547091.jpg - (70.31KB , 1000x1000 , 126066683648.jpg ) [iqdb]
34672
You face the tree and start to kick off, but stop. You should probably tell someone that you’re heading out.

You float down to the front door and go in. “Sakuya?”

As if on cue, the silver-haired maid appears in a blink. “Yes?”

“I’m heading out. It’s a nice night out, and I’m going to enjoy it. I’ll try to be back before sunrise.”

She smiles faintly. “Very well. Have fun, then.” And then she’s gone. You’ve got to figure out how she does that one of these days. Shaking your head, you fly into the night.


When you’re about half a mile from the tree you stop and land, opting to walk the rest of the way. Finally, you reach the tree, and just stare for a while. This has got to be the biggest tree you’ve ever seen. It’s a Japanese cherry tree— Prunus serrulata, you believe. However, it’s a little strange. It doesn’t seem to be fully in bloom.

“Excuse me.”

Also, there’s a faint demonic aura emanating from it… could it be a youkai?

“Excuse me!”

You flinch and whirl around. Standing before you is a rather wary-looking girl in a green and white dress. One hand is uncomfortably close to the larger of her two swords, and there’s a… thing hovering close to her body.

“Yes?” you ask. She starts to open her mouth, and then she blinks.

“Those wings… you’re not a human, are you?”

Did she just notice them? You shake your head. “No, I’m not.”

She doesn’t seem to have heard you. “And those clothes… why is a youkai wearing outsider clothes?”

“Um…”

She shakes her head. “Anyways, you are trespassing on the lands of Lady Saigyouji! State your name and reason for being here.”

That’s reasonable. You put one hand behind your back and bow. “My name is Wallace Scarlet. I was just admiring this tree— I wasn’t aware that I was on private property.”

There’s a moment of silence. Then the girl’s eyes narrow. “Liar!”

*SHING*

She’s drawn her sword. Uh-oh.

“I know the Scarlet family! And there aren’t any men in it!”

She looks as though she’s about to charge. This is bad…

[x] Try to settle this peacefully.
[x] Fight back!
[x] ???:???

Guess I got worked up over nothing.
>> No. 34673
[x] Fight back!
>> No. 34675
[x] Try to settle this peacefully.
-[x] Focus on defense

Try to talk your way out... but don't let yourself get hit. Common sense.
>> No. 34676
[x] Try to settle this peacefully.

Violence is Remilia's first resort, not Wallace's.

Knew something like this was going to happen.
>> No. 34677
[x] Try to settle this peacefully.
>> No. 34678
[x] Try to settle this peacefully.
>> No. 34679
[x] Try to settle this peacefully.

Not a fighter
>> No. 34680
[x] Try to settle this peacefully.
>> No. 34681
[x]Try to settle this peacefully

>>34679
Too bad Wally's not a lover either.
>> No. 34682
[X] Try to settle this peacefully.

Do we have our sword? It might help, since things are heading downhill fast.
>> No. 34683
[x]Try to settle this peacefully

Dude, let's Gandhi this motherfuck.
Cross-legged on the ground, eyes shut tight. If she's the type to slice up a man what's showing no harm to that extent, well, then she's not the type we wanna be socializing with anyways.
>> No. 34686
>>34681
I don't think Patchy would have been fond of Casanova types anyways. Try to stay on target.
>> No. 34688
[x] Let's Gandhi this motherfuck.

Totally down with >>34683
>> No. 34741
[X] Try to settle this peacefully
Youmu would kick his ass
>> No. 34751
[X] Diplomacy
-[X] Ghandhi option or burning monk
>> No. 34759
>>34686
I second this. Patchy is one whose must be gained through love of her hobbies and surroundings first. I cannot imagine anything of a direct sort ever getting her to love in any way. Actually, she would probably take it offensively if you were not a close friend, thus ending or at least lowering any chance of ending up with her in the end.
>> No. 34760
[x] Try to settle this peacefully.
>> No. 34764
Gonna have to take a brief hiatus, guys: stuff's piling up around me. I'll keep writing, but don't expect anything for about a week. I'll keep posting to assure you folks.
>> No. 34776
>>34764
aww, alright. Thanks for letting us know.
>> No. 34777
File 126811138926.jpg - (124.14KB , 769x1024 , akibakko-119366801257386.jpg ) [iqdb]
34777
>>34764
Good luck! Thanks for the warning!
>> No. 34879
Weekend! Two whole days of writing!
>> No. 34897
File 126845206529.jpg - (186.83KB , 1366x768 , touhou cast.jpg ) [iqdb]
34897
Yeah your back! We all welcome you! We had this huge party at Reimu's while you were gone, and we'll be sure to invite you next time!
>> No. 34916
>>34897
>Wrong type of your, again.
>Poosh/gaia-ish vibes
You again? ...You must be related to that numbskull retard in /youkai/ who keeps spelling it "Honshuu."

Your = possessive
You're = 'You are,' contracted.

Learn.
The Fucking.
Difference.
Already.

This is not fucking difficult. I assume you are either slow, or trolling. But either way, you're acting like a moron.
>> No. 34918
>>34916
I've had a D in English for the past two years and I've been lightheaded because of an illness, sorry.
>> No. 34929
File 126853333445.jpg - (255.45KB , 795x495 , 124036534836.jpg ) [iqdb]
34929
“W-wait!” you stammer, putting some distance between yourself and the girl. “I can prove it!”

“Silence!” She shouts. “Stand and fight, deceiver!”

“I don’t want to fight!” You cry, waving your arms in a placating gesture. The girl ignores your plea and leaps forward, blade raised high. You scramble out of the way as she swings downward, barely missing you.

“Coward! Face me like a man!”

Dammit. You should have brought Tyrfing with you. Maybe then you could put up a passable defense. But probably not— this girl’s probably a master, or close to one. Hey, maybe….

“Uh, you know... you’re, uh, really good. At swordsmanship, I mean.” You stammer out. You’re hoping that complementing her will dissuade her from attacking. The girl blinks.

“Y-your words mean nothing!” she says, but she’s blushing. It’s working!

“No, I’m serious! If you weren’t so bent on attacking me, I’d ask for some tips. I'm novice swordsman myself, and…”

She frowns. “Those movements aren’t those of a swordsman. Also, where’s your sword?”

“I left it back at the mansion,” you sigh. “I didn’t think I’d be needing it tonight.”

She purses her lips, and then nods. “I still don’t believe you. But,” she says as you open your mouth to protest. “There is someone here who can verify your claims. Come with me.”

[x] Follow her.
[x] Don't follow her.

Something this short shouldn't take so long to write.
>> No. 34930
[x] Follow her.
>> No. 34932
[x] Follow her.
>> No. 34934
[x] Follow her.
>> No. 34935
[X] Follow her.

> Something this short shouldn't take so long to write.

> 14 days

You're right. LurkRite moar.
>> No. 34936
[x] Follow her.
>> No. 34938
[x] Follow her.
>> No. 35006
[X] Follow her.
Write MORE
>> No. 35007
[ø] Follow her.
Short, but it's something.
>> No. 35014
[x] Follow her.
>> No. 35020
[X] Follow her.
[X] Check your zone.
>> No. 35024
[x] Follow her.

Love that picture.

>>34918
Well, at least you're honest and not bitchy about it. I like that.

Print it out and tape it to your monitor, then.

Are you that person who's been doing it like three or four times now, though?
>> No. 35026
>>35024
I've only messed up with words twice recently, but I have been off by one on a few numbers as well.
>> No. 35038
I've started writing.
>> No. 35108
File 126903904383.jpg - (168.19KB , 647x926 , 123216375367.jpg ) [iqdb]
35108
“Alright… miss?” She never said her name, did she?

“Youmu. Konpaku Youmu.”

“Very well, miss Konpaku. Lead the way.”


Youmu leads you through the grounds of what you now realize is a large mansion. The place is also crawling with spirits.

“Where are we, by the way?” you ask.

“Hakygyokurou, the mansion of the Netherworld.” is the curt reply. She obviously doesn’t want to talk. Sighing, you continue to follow her.

Finally, you reach a large door. Youmu motions to you, then kneels down and knocks on the floor.

“Yuyuko-sama, I’ve returned.”

“Ah! Youmu! Did you bring the snacks?” The voice is that of a young woman. It’s a pleasant voice, but the swordswoman winces at the word ‘snack’.

“Uh… no. I… forgot.”

“…I hope you have a good reason.” Comes a new voice— again, that of a young woman, but she doesn’t sound that serious.

“I do!” says Youmu. “There was an intruder. He claimed to be a member of the Scarlet family— which is impossible, of course. But I brought him here, to make sure.”

There’s a moment of silence, and then the first woman speaks. “Very well. Bring him in.”

Youmu opens the door and walks in, motioning for you to follow her.

There are two women in the room. The first one has shoulder length pink hair, is dressed in a blue kimono, and can’t possibly be alive. A ghost, then. And the second woman….

“It’s you!”

Looks rather indignant. The pink haired woman turns to her.

“Do you know him, Yukari?”

“Oh, yes I do. And I know why he’s here! You,” she points at you, and your mind begins to try and guess what this woman is about to say. “Are here to take responsibility for what you did to me!”

Huh?

The room is dead silent. The first woman has pulled out a fan and is covering most of her face. Youmu has her mouth open, but is frozen in place. You swallow nervously.

“…What, exactly, did I do?” you ask.

‘Yukari’ crosses her arms and looks away. “Don’t pretend not to know! You forcefully penetrated my barrier! You didn’t even tell me your name!”

What? WHAT?! Is she saying what you think she’s saying?!

[x] Calm down! Maybe she's mistaken.
[x] Apologize profusely.
[x] Panic.
>> No. 35110
[x] Apologize profusely.

I think being caught off guard in a matter about women might cause a "Charisma break" moment for Wallace. That and it'll give Yukari a laugh or two.
>> No. 35111
[x] Calm down! Maybe she's mistaken.
>> No. 35112
[x] Panic.
[x] Apologize profusely.
[x] Calm down! Maybe she's mistaken.
[x] "Wait... barrier?"

why do one when you can do four?
>> No. 35114
[x] Panic.
[x] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[x] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."
>> No. 35116
[x] Panic.
[x] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[x] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."
>> No. 35122
[x] Panic.
[x] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[x] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."
>> No. 35124
[X] Panic.
[X] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[X] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."
>> No. 35131
[x] Panic.
[x] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[x] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>> No. 35134
[x] Panic.
[x] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[x] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."

Way, way, WAY too good to pass up.
>> No. 35137
[x] Panic.
[x] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[x] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."
>> No. 35146
[X] Panic.
[X] "Eh? I thought I was careful? I used protections and everything! Did it fail?"
[X] "Don't worry, if something spill through and causes a problem, I will take full responsibility."

Counter!
Battle of the wits and innuendo!
>> No. 35361
I'll start writing today or tomorrow.
>> No. 35479
>>35361
Hooray!
>> No. 35491
>>35361
>I'll start writing today or tomorrow.

Liar ;_;
>> No. 35502
>>35491
I can't refute that. I've been especially lazy lately.
>> No. 35635
All right, you guys deserve an explanation. For the past ten or so days I've been staying at my parents house. For some inexplicable reason, I am unable to get any kind of work done there, be it schoolwork or storywork. I'm heading back to my apartment today, so I'll pound something out by Friday for sure. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>> No. 35884
>>35635

Friday has come and gone and still no signs of you.
>> No. 35895
>>35884
>Writefag being delayed again

This is nothing new. Chances are something came up as they often do when parents are involved.
>> No. 35905
>>35895
I'm actually just very lazy. I'm working, but at a pace I'm not very proud of.
>> No. 35906
>>35905
As long as you're still writing, I'll wait as long as it takes.
>> No. 35962
File 127146897140.jpg - (136.83KB , 600x846 , 123216834199.jpg ) [iqdb]
35962
The answer comes to you in an instant, clearing your head of panic. She’s toying with you. Well, that’s her mistake. Two can play at that game.

“You can’t blame me for that! It was there for all the world to see! Anyone could walk up to that barrier and break it! And besides, I used protection, didn’t I?” You demand, arms crossed.

The woman in blue— Yuyuko, you believe— has completely covered her face with her fan and seems to be shivering. Youmu’s face is the color of a tomato, and she looks like she’s on the verge of an apoplectic fit. And Yukari…

*clap* *clap* *clap*

“Well played, young man. Very well played,” chuckles the blonde. “I haven’t had my words thrown back at me like that for a quite a while.” She nods contentedly. “You’re going to be a lot of fun, boy.”

“How can you be so calm!?” yells Youmu. You and Yukari turn to her. “H-h-he t-t-took your… your—!”

*thud* “Bwahahahaha!!”

Yuyuko has fallen onto her side and is laughing so hard that tears are leaking from her eyes. Yukari just shakes her head sadly.

“Oh, Youmu. How very dirty of you. That’s what you thought we were talking about?”

The color drains from the swordswoman’s face. “…You mean you weren’t talking about…?”

“Of course not. We were talking about how this young man forcefully broke through the Hakurei Barrier without asking anyone.”

“…I’m going to go get some snacks,” sighs Youmu, looking as though she’s had enough. She leaves, and Yukari turns to you, chuckling.

“That was fun. Well then, youngster,” she says, looking slightly more serious now. Yuyuko has propped herself up and is watching intently. “It’s about time you tell us who you are and why you’re here.”

Very well. Time to tell your tale again. “My name is Wallachia Scarlet— but please, call me Wallace. And the reason I came to Gensokyo was to find my family.”


“And that’s it. Now, may I ask a few questions of my own?”

Yukari nods. “You may.”

[x] "Who are you?"
[x] (Write in)
>> No. 35963
So that's it. Nearly an entire month for something that usually takes me a week. I'm sorry, and from now on, I'll try to put more effort into this part of my life.

We'll see how well I live up to my words. Again, sorry for making you all wait.
>> No. 35964
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
[x] "I take it not many people win such little games with you. You're definitely not a normal 17 year old"

A bit of flattery wouldn't hurt.
>> No. 35965
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
[x] "I take it not many people win such little games with you. You're definitely not a normal 17 year old"

Sounds good to me, can't think of a write in myself. Make it a little flirtacious, Yukari route is always a good route.
>> No. 35966
>>35965

Yes, A Yukarin is fine too when she isn't ripping off your head and shitting down your neck.
>> No. 35967
>>35966

Oh comeon she only kill and/or raped us to death in a few stories.. Have a little faith in here!
>> No. 35969
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
[x] "I take it not many people win such little games with you. You're definitely not a normal 17 year old"
>> No. 35971
>>35965
I wasn't aiming for a Yukari route with that; just that being on her good side is always a wise idea. I'm still all about the Patchy in this story. That and I don't think Yukari really considers him dating material.
>> No. 35975
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
[x] "I take it not many people win such little games with you. You're definitely not a normal 17 year old"

Let's try to explore and find out what route is possible.
>> No. 35977
>>35975
Do you really think there's anyone better than Patchouli for him? Yukari already has a route in that /shrine/ story.
>> No. 36040
I need a few more votes, guys.
>> No. 36041
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
[x] "I take it not many people win such little games with you. You're definitely not a normal 17 year old"
>> No. 36042
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
[x] "I take it not many people win such little games with you. You're definitely not a normal 17 year old"
>> No. 36047
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
>> No. 36079
[x] "Who are you?"
[x] "Is the barrier really alright? I tried my best not to cause any damage."
[x] "I hope my sister hasn't been too big of a nuisance. She's always favored the dramatic and watched/read too many vampire novels."
[x] "I take it not many people win such little games with you. You're definitely not a normal 17 year old"
>> No. 36081
I'm taking a short break from writing. My roomate dropped kind of a bombshell on me, so I've been fighting minor depression. Once everything is cleared up, though, I'll most likely be in a better state of mind to write.
>> No. 36082
>>36081
Was your roomate the one who is making you depressed? If so, tell him I say FUCK YOU.
>> No. 36083
>>36082
He's an okay guy, just a bit flaky.
>> No. 36087
>>36083
Ah, good. Flaky?
>> No. 36088
>>36087
Dandruff problems.
>> No. 36089
>>36088
I laughed. Well played, sir.
>> No. 36307
SystemFailure here. Sorry about the lack of the trip, but my laptop broke the other day, leaving me without the tools to write. I have a spare laptop, but I have no word processing programs on it. Repairs are costly, so my break may take even longer than I had planned. Sorry.
>> No. 36308
>>36307

OpenOffice.

/solved.
>> No. 36309
>>36307
Notepad
comes with every pc/laptop
>> No. 36349
>>36309
Or Notepad+ even; I've heard it's better than other programs.
>> No. 36424
>>36307
>I have a spare laptop, but I have no word processing programs on it.
what

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
http://www.jedit.org/
http://www.textpad.com/
http://www.openoffice.org/
>> No. 37021
Any news on the story?
>> No. 37308
>>37021
School's nearly over. I've downloaded Open Office, and I'll have time to write around... early-to-mid June, I believe. Maybe I'll wait till the end of June and make it a birthday special.
>> No. 37322
2 more weeks at the very least? ouch... Well you take your time bad things happen if you rush
>> No. 37352
>>37308
Well, that's an upset. However thanks for getting back to and updating me.
>> No. 38211
Well, school's over. I'm back at my parents' house, so I'll take a few days before writing. But I will write!
>> No. 38235
>>38211

Welcome back
>> No. 38240
>>38211
Thank god! This story LIIIVEESS! Thank you...
>> No. 38425
...or does it? Don't mind me just bumping.
>> No. 38469
>>38425
No, it lives. I've started writing.
>> No. 38558
Hooray!
>> No. 38749
Give me 3, 4 days and I'll have an update.
>> No. 38773
>>38749
Sounds like a deal. Make sure you do though. Please.