[Return]
Archived thread

File 125939700890.jpg - (268.89KB , 1000x683 , 768c2a658e0cc81d78335a9b4271f5d7.jpg ) [iqdb]
32604 No. 32604
It is a dark and stormy night.

I have travelled long for this day. The rain pelts down, thankfully unbolstered by too much wind on top of me, as to press me down into the dirt as always. I don't even bother to try and pull this long, oversized cloak around me; Half of it is already stained with mud, trailing behind on the ground. But even this slight wind causes my hood to threaten to come down over my eyes, and obscure my vision ONCE AGAIN. Part of my /UNENDING CURSE/. Breath hissing between my teeth, I purposefully stride forward through the elegant cobblestone pathways of the garden, the array of flowers muted by the current downpour. Certainly not stomping in a huff. Azaleas, roses, peonies, and many more flowers I cannot name. Many, many different, vividly colored flowers, seemingly not even caring of the current region. Bushes, topiaries. I wonder if the harsh rain will kill and break them, without remorse or pity.

I am, of course, sure that looming destruction will without doubt, be the fate of those within this ominious and forboding mansion. It isn't as though I can be denied; Not even a gate guard at the front. Tch. How careless to not watch for intruders even on a horrible night such as this. My boots continue across the stone, a comforting sensation at the gentle splashes despite your warm, and surprisingly quite cozy, feet. The smell of rain and wet greenery pervading, an alluring and disarming feeling. I musn't give in. Her servants tend to this garden, all for her pleasure. Likely all slaves bound to her by blood. I know of the most powerful among them, having heard whispers. Her maid with a frozen heart, seeking only to please her mistress and kill. Who can supposedly move so fast, time itself halts around her. Giving into such fear would be the end of me.

All of these long, suffering years, I have remained under the effects of this hellish curse. Unjust punishment for naught but a good deed I committed in innocence! For indeed, I nursed the snake back to health and was bitten. I could never have forseen the results of my actions, but now, I have a cause, a purpose in life, soon to bring this long joke of an existance to a close, a finale! Having spent long seeking out the origin of my torment, I have tracked her down to a strange land known as 'Gensokyo'. Wasting no time, and never getting lost in any woods whatsoever, I made my way boldly to confront this dreaded blight and end her terror for all of time. I have prepared, though my supplies run low. I walk in confidence of my own ability, however, and right in my quest.

I walk up the steps, approaching the large doors; Next to it hangs an aged, engraved and ornate bell hanging from a tassled, strong threaded cord which ruffles in the breeze.

I, a cloaked avenger of the night, am not going to fall into a trap.

... Then again, the one I have so longed to fight within, perhaps, has a modicum of honor within her being. Doubtful, but... Admittedly, there is an urge to ring the bell, and /clearly/, that is the reason.


- Primary Vice -

Pride

- Attributes -

???

- Inventory -

Rope

Grappling Hook

Slingshot

20 Balanced Stones

'Silver'(Iron) Dagger [x2]

Knicknacks

Priest-Blessed Cross

Holy Water [x2]

Two sets of clothing

Vial of Blood [x10]

Stake

Comfy Large Boots

Oversized Cloak


- Input Action -

[ ] Nay, I will not be daunted! Enter the vile abode!

[ ] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!

[ ] This all must have been forseen; She is tricky. There was no gate guard, as I was /intended to come this way/! I must try another tact.

[ ] -Other-

>> No. 32607
[χ] Nay, I will not be daunted! Enter the vile abode!
>> No. 32609
[ ] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!
>> No. 32610
fuck
>> No. 32611
>- Primary Vice -
>Pride

[x] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!

Interesting.
>> No. 32613
[x] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!
>> No. 32614
>horrible night
>curse

I think I see what you did there.

[x] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!
>> No. 32615
[X] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!

New CYOA new hope.
>> No. 32619
[x] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!
>> No. 32621
[x] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!
>> No. 32627
[X] Ring the bell, for I, at the least, possess honor!

Like a true Gentleman.
>> No. 32629
[equis] Nay, I will not be daunted! Enter the vile abode!

do-do do-doooooo
dadada-daaa-do da-da-DAAAA
do-do do-doooooo~
>> No. 32631
File 125945183460.jpg - (250.37KB , 700x537 , 3fed364522333fdf220927eb6301c91c.jpg ) [iqdb]
32631
With a grim resolve, I steel myself to what awaits as I grab the water soaked, mahogany colored bellpull, clearly well kept despite even the current conditions; I know that even if my opponent chooses to act here in such a despicable fashion instead of meeting on even ground, I will have endured and retained my own personal honor. I can face her dread servants here and now if I must. There is no such thing as failure for me. My only option is success, and I will do so here. I pull, and am rewarded with a satisfactorily loud tone, the ring clearly audible even through such an abominable downpour. A pregnant pause ensues, and the noise of the rain becomes deafening, as I struggle to hear a response; Seeing through this rain into the distance would be impossible, and the doors are strongly sealed and made well. The silence is a killer. I must make use of all my senses, yea, even those cursed. I remember well that day, when my entire life was-

... Footsteps, quick footsteps... But not from the expected avenue. I turn, hearing the noise of wet grass and mud being pressed underfoot, to the clearer clamor of against stone. My assailant has revealed herself... Though quite the unsightly look compared to precisely what I was expecting. Panting and heaving with exertion, in a challenging pose of a martial challenge, pushing the a soaked and sodden, odd hat up onto her head from where it began to tilt, as she blinks the rainwater out of her eyes. Her entire attire is, in fact, soaked, but the vivid, dark green still shows through; You do not mind the attractive showing of legs. Clearly this must be some sort of show with no bite. Her hair is... A shockinging bright scarlet. I presumed such a color impossible. Nontheless, further examination is impossible, as she dares raise her voice in challenge.

"Stop, intruder! You... Can't go any further!" A futile request, to be sure. Despite her large size, a guard of such persuasion must be incompetent. A woman! Pfaugh. Not even a fair fight.

"I have business with the mistress of this ill-begotten manor! Direct me to her, or face the consequences." She looks at me, clearly appreciating my commanding tone and bowing to its' aura. I am sure her smile is that of understanding the folly of challenging m-

Did she just giggle? Did she just...

"... Sakuya isn't going to like that I let one get so far... But he's so tiny though. Maybe I can say he slipped over?" Is she ignoring me?! How dare she! "Come on, little guy. I'll take you out, okay? Don't wander so far from the village. I know it's tempting to play adventurer in here, but you'll catch a cold if you go out in the rain, and you'll get punished by bad youkai if you're found out here." She begins relaxing from her pose. Is she just... Is she just...


- Input Action -

[ ] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!

[ ] Throw something, distract her in order to enter! This is not service! This is mockery! -Specify-

[ ] Outwit her. Clearly, she believes I am a child. I must convince her to allow me inside. She is clearly not a guard for her cognitive powers. -Specify-

[ ] -Other-
>> No. 32632
[x] Throw something, distract her in order to enter! This is not service! This is mockery!
[x]Throw some knickknack at her.

So the curse is to have the shape of a child? Or is the protagonist a midget? Or is he cursed to small stature?
>> No. 32633
>>32632
Or maybe he's just young.
>> No. 32635
[x] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!

I like this style.
>> No. 32639
[x] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!

I get the feeling our lead while determined seems to be chasing the wrong thing.

Will we find out the full story, or will we have to do with some vague metaphors?
>> No. 32642
[x] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!
>> No. 32643
[x] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!
>> No. 32645
[x] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!
>> No. 32646
[x] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!
>> No. 32669
[x] Outwit her. Clearly, she believes I am a child. I must convince her to allow me inside. She is clearly not a guard for her cognitive powers.
[x] Convince her I am the bastard offspring of the Mistress of the manor.
>> No. 32676
[X] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!

Is our character a half vampire or something?
>> No. 32677
[X] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!
>> No. 32679
[x] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!
>> No. 32682
>>32676
[X] Repeat my ultimatum and challenge her to combat once again! How dare she! I must draw my weapon and prepare to show her this is no jest!

Our character obviously has the body of a child, not unlike the mistress of the mansion.
>> No. 32683
>>32682

Sounds like she might have been considering him for a groom of sorts, but I guess something happened that messed up that plan (such as not asking our lead if he wanted to be in a boy's body)

But I wonder if this is a pure vengeance action story or not.
>> No. 32709
File 125969987411.jpg - (204.40KB , 700x766 , 54bbd0081dc644c556be1a15331550f3.jpg ) [iqdb]
32709
Misjudging me such as that was a mistake she'll learn to regret.


I draw my weapon from its' sheath, with a slight flourish before getting a more practical grip on it. I can't risk anything like a grapple; Even just by looking at her, from her muscles, stance, and bearing, it's clear that, in admittance, I am unsuited for such combat with a specialist in such, no matter what my opinion on such. While the demon I encountered outside was around a size where that was a viable option, here, clearly not; I take a high guard, watching my opponent. I begin to see possible reason for her outfit; distraction. Fortunately, I have supreme focus, of course. There's little fat on her; I must admit she is in practice. However, so am I; I have to remain faster than her, and anticipate trickery. Her appearance is assuredly unnatural. However, I have more of an advantage as -I- take my opponent seriously, and am quite quick, if I may say so myself. My... Less than impressive stature does not harm that.

"Once again. I warn you. I will not be daunted or removed so easily. Take me to the mistress of the manor, or I will subdue you."

She seems somewhat taken aback by my weaponry. "Ah... You'll get hurt. Please put that down."

"Five seconds." Is she still naive enough to believe that? Still. I am by no means an unfair person. I can be patient. The guardian sighs, however, resuming stance.

"I guess I'll have to take you back out, little troublemaker." She seems to be prepared; A battle is inevitable. I cannot say it does not hold some thrill for me, especially when my opponent underestimates me. It makes victory all the more sweet.

Four... At the very least, a willingness to abide by courtesy-

Three... -Is always appreciated, however. It marks-

Two... -A decent opponent, in my opinion,-

One... -Even so, I do not think this will be easy.-

Movement. She's trying a forward assault; I can tell by her muscles and previous statements, she will be pulling punches, attempting to go for a submission hold. I cannot get caught in that. I attempt to strafe to the side, feinting with my dagger for her flank. In a whirlwind of speed, before any contact can be made- My weapon. It is going to be knocked away, without- Ah. I see the trick there! Her hands. They're glowing, I can see it- I don't have time to think, her hand is- I throw myself back from her, with admittedly desperate speed before I am disarmed and my primary hand grabbed, rolling along the ground, careful not to injure myself during fall and roll by impact or weapon, righting myself in seconds. However, it seems she hesitates, causing a slight lull in battle.

"... You don't have the aura of a youkai or anything else supernatural." Youkai... Colliqual term here for demon or devil, I believe. From the context it was used in prior cases, of course. I cannot be expected to fully pick up on the dialect of the natives when my objective is so pressing. "You shouldn't have been able to recover from that so fast." She retains stance, as do I. However, it is only appropriate and fair to pause during conversation. "... Or, um. Even do that. I keep forgetting what humans can do. It's hard around here."

"I am no child. My warning was fair enough." I am no demon. Except to those who cross me, I am quite proud to say. 'Supernatural'... Hm. Perhaps. Now.

"... Well... That kind of happens." There is an abashed and sheepish tone to her voice. Clearly, while she is an able enough opponent, especially with that supernatural ability... She does not seem like the most observant choice for a guardian. Useful. Where was she intended to be in all honesty?


- Input action; Add additional modifers -


[ ] Resume combat. The fight must go on, though I face a more well informed foe.

[ ] Attempt to press conversation further before resuming combat. Perhaps I can learn her limitations or other weaknesses.

[ ] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child. I am a magnanimous person.

[ ] Seek a way to avoid combat and escape. If I run a gauntlet, even one such as I will be run down. While regrettable, a possible necessity.

[ ] -Other-
>> No. 32712
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[x] After she understands that, beat her up.
>> No. 32713
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[x] After she understands that, beat her up.
>> No. 32716
>>32712
>>32713
Delete one of them and this, Site is fucked up at the moment.
>> No. 32718
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[x] After she understands that, beat her up.

I love this.

Strange napoleon-complex dude, don't ever change.
>> No. 32719
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[x] After she understands that, beat her up.
>> No. 32722
[e] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[f] After she understands that, attemptbeat her up.

I have a strong feeling that it'll backfire, therefore the addition in italics.
>> No. 32725
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[x] After she understands that, beat her up.
>> No. 32729
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child. I am a magnanimous person.
-[x] If she still persists in getting in my way, attack.
>> No. 32731
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[x] After she understands that, attempt beat her up.

This kid will make a perfect comedy pair with Remilia. Both have high pride and such.
>> No. 32732
[x] Engage her more civilly now that she has been educated and fully understands that I am not just a weak child.
[x] After she understands that, beat her up.

'Glad to see we reached an understanding of each other. Well then, please die'
>> No. 32733
I think I see a slight character derail, and possibly into Shirou Territory.
>> No. 32906
File 126110161418.jpg - (14.18KB , 320x240 , lived too short.jpg ) [iqdb]
32906
>> No. 32928
New CYOA dies quickly. News at 11.