[Return]
Archived thread

File 124491200687.jpg - (171.09KB , 700x850 , 20e874c77bbae98d7360a57be87889d8.jpg ) [iqdb]
29380 No. 29380
"Magic is not power?" You mumble to yourself, frowning. Coal? Potential? Miss Patchouli is asking you to think about things far beyond your calling, beyond your understanding, but there is something pricking at the back of your mind. Power, power?
"Yes." Miss Patchouli responds to your question. "Magic is not power." She takes deep breaths in-between her sentences, as if trying to keep herself awake. "You're pure Fairy stock, you have a lot of magical energy inside you, but magic itself is not power. Never make that mistake."

She speaks, but your mind is already elsewhere. Power, magic. You know this. Magic is not power ... ability ... understanding-
"Knowledge!" You blurt out, interrupting Miss Patchouli mid-flow. She blinks in surprise, before carefully scrutinising you once more. You blush, looking down at your hands in your lap. You shouldn't have interrupted like that!
"Go on." Miss Patchouli says quietly. You gulp and look up, but she seems insistent.
"Knowledge is power." You say. "A t-tool is nothing if you do not know how to wield it."
"Who taught you that?" Patchouli demands. You shrug, before remembering your manners again.
"I don't know, Miss Patchouli. I can't remember." You honestly can't. Your memories of previous summonings are very vague and hazy.
"Indeed." Miss Patchouli sits back in her chair, watching you carefully with those heavily lidded eyes. "A name, magical ability, some degree of understanding." Her lips curl into a smile, a genuine one, but not without purpose.

"Quite a find." She mutters, wetting her lips briefly before wheezing into her hand, trying to hold a cough back.

"Are you okay, Miss Patchouli?" You ask, concerned at the pallid, strained look on her face.
"Yes, yes." She says impatiently. "I must rest." She eyes the books on the table for a minute. "Can you read?"
"Yes Miss Patchouli." You nod.
"Even better." Her lips twitch in a smile again. "Mmm ... that pile." She points at some books on the desk. "Anything from there, I want you to read. Start while I sleep." You nod again, you don't think any Master or Mistress has ever commanded you to read before.

Miss Patchouli slowly stands up, seeming more and more tired with every moment. She floats to the bed, but seems to hesitate when she gets there, eyes flickering open and shut while she's still in the air.

[ ] Help Miss Patchouli into bed.
[ ] Ask Miss Patchouli if she needs help.
[ ] She hasn't wanted your help before, it might make her uncomfortable. Stay here.

>> No. 29381
{X} Help Miss Patchouli into bed.

~
>> No. 29382
[x] Help Miss Patchouli into bed.
>> No. 29383
[x] Help Miss Patchouli into bed.
>> No. 29384
[x] Help Miss Patchouli into bed.

This
>> No. 29385
{X} Help Miss Patchouli into bed.

Well you're a meido you know what to do!
>> No. 29386
>>29385
That goes for you too!

{X} Help Miss Patchouli into bed.
>> No. 29387
[X] Help Miss Patchouli into bed.
>> No. 29388
[X] Help Miss Patchouli into bed.
>> No. 29389
>>29386 what do you mean with that?
>> No. 29390
[x] Ask Miss Patchouli if she needs help.
Shouldn't always assume that the, uh... physically challenged need/want help.
>> No. 29391
>>29389
work
>> No. 29392
[X] She hasn't wanted your help before, it might make her uncomfortable. Stay here.
>> No. 29395
[x] Help Miss Patchouli into bed.

Ride the wagon!
>> No. 29397
Band wagon~

Update incoming.
>> No. 29398
You hurry over to the bed. It doesn't matter how self-reliant Miss Patchouli wants to be, you're a Maid! It's your duty to help!
"What are you-" Miss Patchouli starts as you step up next to her and pull the bedcovers back. She's able to get in bed easily herself, because she can float, but you're not sure she has the energy to interact with physical things too much right now.
"Oh." Miss Patchouli just stares at the bed, suddenly confused. She looks over at you, frowning.
"Please Mistress." You say, bobbing your head. "You must rest." You keep your gaze averted, trying to be as invisible and unobtrusive as possible.
"Indeed." Miss Patchouli says after a long breath. She takes off her hat and loosens the shawl around her shoulders, letting it drop to the ground, leaving only her stripy pyjama-dress-thing on. You frown inwardly. Maybe she could use some new clothes.

Gently, she lowers herself into the bed and you put the covers back in place atop her, refraining from doing anything such as tucking them in or touching anything you shouldn't do. Miss Patchouli is simply infirm, not a child. You can't but help your wandering eyes though. Without her hat on, Miss Patchouli's long hair shines in the light, forming waves as her head hits the pillow.
You step back, not saying anything, pretending you weren't even there. Miss Patchouli has already shut her eyes. When you're sure she isn't watching, when her breathing turns to the slow rhythm of sleep, you take a longer look at her. She seems very small and vulnerable when she sleeps. None of the force of magical power surrounding her when she's speaking.

In that moment, you resolve to watch over her while she sleeps. At least this once. Maybe that's why she keeps Koakuma around?

Returning to the table, you sit down and look at the pile of books Miss Patchouli indicated earlier. They're mostly very old tomes, leather-bound. But a few are more modern looking, even a couple of paperbacks in there. All the titles seem to be about magic though. You glance around, nothing else to do here but read and sleep. Maybe clean up, but Miss Patchouli ordered you to read.

Just, read.

[ ] Pick a book at random.
[ ] Read all the titles, lay them out, try to get a bigger picture before you start. [Intelligence]
[ ] Pick the hardest looking book [Willpower]
>> No. 29399
[x] Read all the titles, lay them out, try to get a bigger picture before you start. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29400
[x] Pick the hardest looking book [Willpower]
>> No. 29401
[x] Read all the titles, lay them out, try to get a bigger picture before you start. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29402
[O] Read all the titles, lay them out, try to get a bigger picture before you start. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29403
[x] Pick a book at random.
>> No. 29404
[x] Read all the titles, lay them out, try to get a bigger picture before you start. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29405
File 12449234171.gif - (89.67KB , 1099x684 , DR18.gif ) [iqdb]
29405
Update coming.

Poor stupid Sera~
>> No. 29407
>>29405
Ah well, at least we didn't critical fumble.

Also, for the uninitiated, Sera's stats are:
Bod:3 Gra:5 Int:4 Wil:4 Mag:9 Luc:5

I humbly suggest posting something like that in the first post every thread so that Anon doesn't have to look at past threads every vote.
>> No. 29409
>>29407
That is a very good idea. I will do, thank you for the suggestion.
>> No. 29410
The books are rather daunting. How are you ever supposed to get through all of them? Better try to work out what Miss Patchouli is trying to teach you then, rather than diving straight in. You start to spread the books out across the table, shifting other piles to make room for this little experiment.
You notice some of the other book piles have a lot more dust on them, whereas the one Miss Patchouli indicated is mostly dust-free or with only random smears. Did she get these out just now? Just for you? Naaah, you can't let yourself think that or you'll get all embarrassed. You're not worth that much effort.

The titles of the books range from the mundane to the utterly bewildering. You frown down at them, confused already. Physics for Dummies looks quite mundane, but In Search of Schrödinger's Cat looks more like a novel, but it's full of diagrams like the first book. Maths made Easy: Ages 11-14 makes your head swim. Numbers! You gulp with horror at Understanding Pure Mathematics, which you can't even bring yourself to look inside.

The Magic books are feel more familiar to you, but even they're confusing and scary. Elemental Sympathy is huge and written in tiny, copper-plate handwriting. The Lesser Key of Solomon is full of symbols and sentences you don't understand, while the crude illustrations in Demonic and Heavenly Beings makes your stomach feel funny, in a bad way. Understanding Mana Control, printed in huge, blocky letters, apparently by somebody named 'Nobody Number 34', seems a little more welcoming, but Magical Biology makes you feel vaguely ill.

All these books! What is Miss Patchouli really trying to teach you? You can't possibly understand even a fraction of all this on your own. Is this some kind of test? Does she think you're cleverer than you really are? You can feel yourself starting to panic inside, you could never get through all these books!

[ ] Read a book [Willpower]
-[ ] Pick one at random.
-[ ] Pick one in particular.
[ ] OH GODS WHAT. Panic, don't do anything. You can never do this. You're useless.
[ ] Maybe if you had some help ... where did Koakuma get to? [Magic]
[ ] Maybe if you had some help. Wait for Miss Patchouli to wake up. [Willpower]
>> No. 29411
>[ ] Maybe if you had some help ... where did Koakuma get to?
Extremely tempting, but I don't want to get Koa in trouble, and she seems to have a hard time controlling herself around us, which might make learning difficult. (At least, learning of the type Patchouli wants us to do.)

[ ] Read a book [Willpower]
-[ ] Elemental Sympathy. If you can't understand the first few pages, switch to Understanding Mana Control.

The math books are right out. The demonology books (The Lesser Key of Solomon is a real one, incidentally) and the biology book are probably too advanced. Patchouli is an elementalist, so if we have enough magical knowledge to read that book, it's best.
>> No. 29414
[x] Maybe if you had some help ... where did Koakuma get to? [Magic]

Sera wants her little demon nearby. Always.
>> No. 29416
[X] Read a book [Willpower]
-[X] Understanding Mana Control

The basics are always a good place to start.
>> No. 29417
[x] Read a book [Willpower]
-[x] Elemental Sympathy. If you can't understand the first few pages, switch to Understanding Mana Control.
>> No. 29419
[ ] Read a book [Willpower]
[ ] Elemental Sympathy
>> No. 29420
[X] Read a book [Willpower]
[X] Elemental Sympathy
>> No. 29421
[x] Pick one in particular: Understanding Mana Control
Somehow managed to resist picking the Koa option.
>> No. 29422
Too tired to carry on into the night today. Updates tomorrow.
>> No. 29423
[X] Read a book [Willpower]
-[X] Understanding Mana Control
>> No. 29426
[X] Read a book [Willpower]
-[X] Understanding Mana Contr
>> No. 29429
[X] Read a book [Willpower]
-[X] Elemental Sympathy. If you can't understand the first few pages, switch to Understanding Mana Control.
>> No. 29435
File 124494277085.gif - (88.90KB , 1103x661 , DR19.gif ) [iqdb]
29435
Insomnia~

Little update coming.
>> No. 29437
Elemental Sympathy. The book opens with a puff of dust as you lay it flat on the table. You can do this, at the very least you can try to read this one. You know what elements are. Fire, water, earth and air. They can't be so hard, right? Miss Patchouli is such a clever magician, you don't want to look bad, you don't want to let her down!

You frown at the tiny handwriting. This book must be really, really old. The pages are a deep yellow, made of thick parchment. Each page feels heavy, rough against your fingertips. Settling into the right position for reading takes a while, but you eventually end up leaning forward over the book so you can read the small handwriting with ease. There is a date written in the top corner of the opening page. 'May 17th A.D. 1660.' It really is old! A sense of wonder settles over you for a long moment as you stare at the words, uncomprehending. It was written by a human? Magic sure is complicated, if it needs all these books. It comes to you so naturally, why do people write about it in the first place?
"Magic is not power." You mutter Patchouli's words to yourself, then blink. Must concentrate.

You read.

==

Earth, Air, Fire, Water? Wood? Wood makes some sense but Metal? And the Sun and the Moon? This book is far more confusing than you thought it would be, even if you try to ignore the impossible language and the constant off-topic rambling. Elements go together but they are separate, each has its place in the world, yet when they interact ... no, you don't get this at all. Elements are summoned and controlled through the specific shaping of magical energy to create ... to create what!? You head starts to hurt. There's meant to be four elements, but you're not sure where that idea comes from. Did somebody teach you this before?
You blink and rub your eyes. You've been reading for so long, but you're not even really sure what you've gained from this book.

Maybe if ...

You knew this before. No, none of it makes any sense.

Argh.

[ ] There are four elements, you know there are four.
[ ] Try, just try. Maybe you can put this all together somehow. [Intelligence]
[ ] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
>> No. 29438
[ ] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
>> No. 29439
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]

Let's hope we don't burn down the library.
>> No. 29440
>>29439

Or explode.

[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
>> No. 29442
[+] Try, just try. Maybe you can put this all together somehow. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29443
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]

Time to experiment
>> No. 29444
[x] Try, just try. Maybe you can put this all together somehow. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29445
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
>> No. 29447
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
[x] Do this somewhere else, you don't want to wake Miss Patchouli.

We have plenty in the magic stat, we'll do fine.
>> No. 29450
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
[x] Do this somewhere else, you don't want to wake Miss Patchouli. Take the book with you.
>> No. 29451
[x] Try, just try. Maybe you can put this all together somehow. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29452
[+] Try, just try. Maybe you can put this all together somehow. [Intelligence]

Patchouli-Yoda is going to scold our ass for this.
>> No. 29453
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
[x] Do this somewhere else, you don't want to wake Miss Patchouli.

We've got a stat with a 90% success rate, use it.
>> No. 29454
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
[x] Do this somewhere else, you don't want to wake Miss Patchouli. Take the book with you.
>> No. 29455
[x] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
[x] Do this somewhere else, you don't want to wake Miss Patchouli.
>> No. 29458
[X] Learning by doing. Reading is not working. [Magic]
[X] Do this somewhere else, you don't want to wake Miss Patchouli.
>> No. 29466
File 124498287579.gif - (90.75KB , 1109x619 , DR20.gif ) [iqdb]
29466
Maybe Miss Patchouli is mistaken. Maybe you're going about this all wrong. You're a Fairy, not a human or a youkai, maybe you don't need book and instructions, maybe you just need to think and feel. You glance over at the sleeping form of Miss Patchouli, biting your lip in worry. Is this what she wants? It's the only way you're going to understand, you can't absorb all these words at once and make sense of them. They're nothing like the magic you know, the feeling that comes naturally when you just try!

Better do this somewhere it's not going to wake Miss Patchouli. You slip down off the chair and step quietly from the pool of yellow light, making sure you're a good five bookcases away from Miss Patchouli's study before you do anything. Taking a deep breath, you close your eyes. Elements. Four elements. Eight elements. Neither matters, both are trying to describe the truly ineffable, the unspeakable, that which cannot be rendered down into words. When you reach out with your mind and feel the flow and ebb of magic in the library, you don't need words to describe it, you don't need to write it down or read about it.

Miss Patchouli is right. Magic is not power. It just is.

There's more than enough ambient magic here to you to use and shape to your will. Wood and Metal? You pull at the skein of mana around you, brute force punctuated by loving caresses, twisting and pushing until it makes sense.
Ah! Wood. You let your eyes flutter open as you raise your hands, touching the bookcase nearest to you. The book makes sense now. Wood is not wood. Wood is-

Your thoughts are cut short as the wood of the bookcase warms to the touch under your hand. The grain shifts and warps, suddenly moving, surging upwards as you carelessly pour magic into its physical pattern. The bookcase rises, twists, fans out and suddenly blooms with flowers, now cradling the books inside a sanctum of leaves and branches. You gasp in surprise, stumbling backwards and breaking the contact. The bookcase stops changing, but the work is already done. Stray blossom falls around you, roots connect with the floorboards, leaves brush silently against the surrounding bookcases.

You made a tree.

Hands shaking with excitement and magical overload, you giggle and grin to yourself. This feeling, it's perfect! You feel amazing!

[ ] You did it! You did it!
[ ] Again, again! More! [Magic]
[ ] Calm down, deep breaths. [Willpower]
[ ] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]
[ ] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]
>> No. 29467
[x] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]
>> No. 29468
[x] Calm down, deep breaths. [Willpower]
[x] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]
We don't want to turn this place into the Voile Forest.
>> No. 29469
[ ] You did it! You did it!
[ ] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]

M-Moe...
>> No. 29472
[x] Calm down, deep breaths. [Willpower]
[x] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]
>> No. 29473
[x] You did it! You did it!
>> No. 29474
[X] You did it! You did it!

Another critical success? Wow.
>> No. 29475
While probability of past events doesn't affect the probability of future events when they are unrelated, I still think this luck with dice will come and bite us in our petite ass later on.
>> No. 29477
[X] You did it! You did it!
>> No. 29478
>Expect split-second absurd bad-ends
Body:3

[x] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]

awesome.jpg
>> No. 29479
[x] You did it! You did it!
[x] Again, again! More! [Magic]

WE CANNOT STOP NOW
>> No. 29480
[x] Again, again! More! [Magic]

Sorcerers were always better than wizards, anyway.
>> No. 29485
[ ] You did it! You did it!
[ ] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]
>> No. 29487
>[ ] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]

Does it matter how knowledge is gained? No, only that you have it. Learning by doing is still learning.

[x] You did it! You did it!
[x] Will Miss Patchouli appreciate that you turned her bookcase into a tree? Maybe if you name it in her honor: "The Tree of Knowledge." [Grace]

But will it bear fruit?
>> No. 29489
[x] You did it! You did it!
[x] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]
>> No. 29492
[x] You did it! You did it!
[x] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]

>>29487
Learning without understanding is the most dangerous ignorance. Why do you want to stop here? Was the ability to make a tree the end goal?
>> No. 29493
[X] Calm down, deep breaths. [Willpower]
[X] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]

Our luck - we'll be pushing it.
>> No. 29494
[x] Calm down, deep breaths. [Willpower]
>> No. 29495
[X] Calm down, deep breaths. [Willpower]
[X] Wait, how did you do that? [Intelligence]

It seems like we should get a bonus to our Intelligence check if we manage to calm down first.
>> No. 29497
File 124500479014.gif - (84.27KB , 1106x651 , DR21.gif ) [iqdb]
29497
Rolled for intelligence. Updating now.
>> No. 29498
>>29487
D'awww.
>> No. 29499
Okay, do it again! Do it ... wait, how do you do it again? You reach out to the next bookcase, but draw back at the last moment. You could make the wood sprout into life, again and again until you reach magical exhaustion and fall unconscious, but you're not that much closer to knowing what exactly you just did.

The tree is real enough, you didn't create a magical illusion. You hold your hands up to your face, looking at your fingers and frowning. You didn't make a tree, you weren't thinking of making a tree. All you did was open yourself up, let the magical energy flow and shape it into the element of wood. You poured more 'woodiness' into some already existing physical wood? Makes sense. But why a tree? Why-
You're suddenly distracted again as a single blossom lands on your nose, making you blink and then sneeze suddenly. Blossoms! You didn't make a tree, you poured energy into the wood! Energy, life! The tree is in bloom because you made life. You bite your lip, suddenly wondering what would happen if you poured even more energy into it. Could you make it grow larger? Make it spread its roots or even awaken it as a youkai tree? Then again, maybe it only worked so well because you did it to an already dead and used piece of matter?

You smile happily to yourself. You get it now, you understand. Maybe not in the terms the book tried to explain, but it makes sense to you. The same methods probably apply to the other elements too. You reach out and pat the tree trunk with affection. You're learning! Not exactly how Miss Patchouli wanted you to, but you are learning. The feeling is new, but very exciting. You want to know more!

[ ] You can probably drain the tree of energy too. It's easy.
[ ] Put even more energy into the tree, see what happens.
[ ] Go back to the books, see if you can understand anything else now. [Willpower]
[ ] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]
[ ] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
>> No. 29500
[x] Try Metal, now! [loli dotn' know]
[x] ...Is there any metal around here?
[z] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]

THIS CAN'T POSSIBLY FAIL

>>29499
>or even awaken it as a youkai tree?
Oh, silly Sera. A Youkai tree? That's just preposterous! Sure, and after that she'll make a tree with mental disorders!
>> No. 29501
[X] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]
>> No. 29502
[x] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]

THIS TREE
IT WAS MADE FOR CLIMBING
>> No. 29503
[x] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
>> No. 29504
[x] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]
>> No. 29505
[X] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]
[X] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
-[X] Experiment while still in the tree.

If we're shooting for FALLING FROM TREE END, we may as well go all out.
>> No. 29506
[x] You can probably drain the tree of energy too. It's easy.
[x] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
>> No. 29507
[x] You can probably drain the tree of energy too. It's easy.

Evil moe~
>> No. 29508
[x] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]

We have more than enough people around here who can drain life. And we might end up turning the tree to ash along with all the books, or something. Not a good starter experiment.
>> No. 29509
[x] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
>> No. 29510
[x] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
>> No. 29511
[/] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
>> No. 29512
[x] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
>> No. 29513
[X] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]
[X] Wait, energy transfer, magical interaction with physical objects. What about elemental creation from nothing? [Magic]
-[X] Experiment while still in the tree.

This is our tree. We should name it Harold.
>> No. 29514
VOTING STOP

Might be an update later, but busy now. Back later~
>> No. 29533
File 124507375866.jpg - (13.04KB , 500x284 , 22_22.jpg ) [iqdb]
29533
>If we're shooting for FALLING FROM TREE END, we may as well go all out.

"Koakuma..."

"I fell...I'm supposed to be good at climbing trees, too. What's this? I don't feel the pain anymore. What's going to happen to me?"

"Heh? My body doesn't move."

"But...if I can't move...we can't play. Koakuma, will you...play with me again?"

>> No. 29539
File 124508029632.gif - (89.51KB , 1079x667 , DR22.gif ) [iqdb]
29539
Roll for magic~

Your writefag has caught a bad cold, updates will be slow to avoid both terrible writing and mucus on screen. Update some time later.
>> No. 29544
Putting magic into a physical object is one thing, but what about making something from nothing? You know that magicians and sorcerers can make fire spring from their fingertips, so that should be possible if you work out how.

You glance up at the tree, your brow furrowed with thought. If magic can be made into the elements then ... in theory all you have to do is let the magic express itself in the open, rather than putting it into a physical object.
You shrug, deciding to experiment anyway. Taking a deep breath and closing your eyes again, you hold out your hand and wiggle your fingers. Wood again? Nah. Metal? Boring. Fire? Dangerous in a library. In fact pretty much every element is dangerous in a library. You puff your cheeks out in mild frustration.

Sun, then? Surely light is okay? You focus, pulling at the ambient magic all around and willing it manifest on the physical plane. You frown with the effort.
"Mmm." This isn't hard, but it does take a lot of energy. The minutes tick by, sweat starting to roll down your forehead when suddenly a bright light shines through your eyelids.
"Ah!" You open your eyes and instantly avert them again. It's so bright! A ball of warm yellow light hangs just above your hand, so bright you blink and squint just to catch a glimpse of it. Elemental summoning is easy!

A wave of exhaustion hits you and the ball flickers and vanishes.
"Woah." You sway a little on your feet, head spinning. Might have overdone it a little just then. Your hands scrabble for the edge of a nearby bookcase, but you miss and go flying, legs giving away. There's no strength left in your arms either now, not enough to cushion your landing or to stop your head from bouncing off the floor. The pain jolts through your skull and neck, making you wince,
"Uh." Your vision swims as you struggle to keep your eyes open. The ground is so comfy, but this can't be good.

Before you fall completely unconscious:

[ ] Do nothing, just sleep.
[ ] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]
[ ] Try to call out for help. [Magic]
[ ] IRON HEART SURGE [Body]
>> No. 29545
[X] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]

Well, damn.

We've exhausted ourselves with that little lightshow there, better not try the magic option.
>> No. 29546
[X] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]

Kooaaaaa! Heaaaaaalp!

Since we already used too much magic, I don't think using magic to call for help would be too... helpful.
>> No. 29548
[x] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]

In the vast depths of the Voile Library, no one can hear you scream.
>> No. 29549
[x] IRON HEART SURGE [Body]

This has to be done.
>> No. 29550
[X] Try to call out for Tewi help. [Willpower]

-10 modifier on our next magic roll.
>> No. 29552
[x] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]
>> No. 29554
[x] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]
>> No. 29555
[X] CLIMB THE TREE [Body]
>> No. 29556
>>29545

You kidding right? Sera barely has the energy to stay awake. It would be better to use something easier for her.

[ ] Try to call out for help. [Magic]

Koakuma finds an unconcious moe-type fairy. What will Koakuma do?
>> No. 29559
Sorry, but that'll be it for the day. Sick writefag needs sleep.
>> No. 29560
[x] Do nothing, just sleep.
>> No. 29561
[x] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]
A yell'll probably be less problematic than using magic. If we're lucky, Koakuma might find us.
>> No. 29564
[x] IRON HEART SURGE [Body]

Voting out of principle.
When given the option to IRON HEART SURGE, you always take it.
>> No. 29565
>>29533

I was just BAWWWing from reading another story, so I came here for some relief, and then I find this.
Fuck you, man... I don't even know what that's from, but... just... fuck you.
>> No. 29568
[x] IRON HEART SURGE [Body]
>> No. 29570
>>29565

It's from Kanon.
>> No. 29571
[X] IRON HEART SURGE! Try to call out for help! [Willpower]
>> No. 29582
[x] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]
>> No. 29585
[x] Try to call out for help. [Willpower]
>> No. 29590
>>29564
You should be reading this because it’s an awesome story, not just on principle.
>> No. 29591
>>29559
I hope you get well soon.
>> No. 29594
[x] Try to call out for help. [MAGIC]

WE have 90% on magic, why use willpower?
>> No. 29595
>>29594

The same reason you don`t shoot when your out of bullets even if you have godly shooting skills.
>> No. 29596
File 124516519762.gif - (85.95KB , 1091x657 , DR23.gif ) [iqdb]
29596
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand calling the vote. There's your roll for willpower. Update will happen when I can get more delicious painkillers.
>> No. 29598
>>29590

No, I voted out of principle.
I'm reading because I want to.
Also because this and IPF can't be updated at the same time.
>> No. 29605
Using your last reserves of energy, you open your mouth.
"Owww." Is all you can moan at first. Hitting your head really hurt. "Ow." You try to focus, if only for a second.
"I fell down!" You call out as loud as your fading consciousness will allow. As you speak, you realise how silly you sound, how quiet you are when your words are swallowed up by the vastness of the library.

Below your concussion and magical exhaustion, a horrible new emotion arises. You start to panic.

==

Perk Gained: Elemental Magic

Description: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Wood, Metal, Sun, Moon. This perk allows your Fairy to understand and use them.

Perk Gained: Know your limits.

Description: After experiencing magical exhaustion in the physical plane for the first time, your Fairy will now know when she's doing a little bit too much magic.

Perks may be checked at any time on the character sheet~

==

When you come to, there's a distinct feeling that the ground is below you again, behind your back rather than against your side and making your head hurt. The ground also seems to have become rather soft and squishy. You stir, feeling your limbs moving between layers of fabric. There's a faint pounding in your head, but you try to ignore it and open your eyes.
"Ahh!" You gasp softly at the sight which greets your eyes. The bed you're lying in is covered with clean white sheets and a dark red duvet, your head only just poking out from beneath their bulk. The rest of the room is mostly obscured by the angle, but you can see a small desk lamp lighting up a pile of books on a low desk, casting a shadow over the crimson panelled walls. Everything is plush and red, cushions everywhere in the small space. The room feels soft and quiet though, like you could just go back to sleep. It's safe here.

Except of course that your uniform is hanging over the back of that chair there. You tense up, what exactly are you wearing under these covers? Where are you? Why is there an ice-pack on your forehead?

[ ] Sleep is so inviting. Close your eyes again.
[ ] Wake up. First priority: secure your clothes! [Willpower]
[ ] OH GODS YOU'RE NAKED DON'T MOVE
[ ] Ice-pack is so cold! Remove it. [Luck]
[ ] Sit up in bed, try to wake up. [Willpower]
>> No. 29606
[ ] Sit up in bed, try to wake up. [Willpower]
>> No. 29607
[x] Sit up in bed, try to wake up and remember what happened. [Willpower]
>> No. 29608
[X] OH GODS YOU'RE NAKED DON'T MOVE
>> No. 29609
[x] OH GODS YOU'RE NAKED DON'T MOVE
>> No. 29610
[x] Sit up in bed, try to wake up. [Willpower]
>> No. 29614
[x] OH GODS YOU'RE NAKED DON'T MOVE
>> No. 29616
[x] Sit up in bed, try to wake up.
>> No. 29617
[❖] OH GODS YOU'RE NAKED DON'T MOVE
>> No. 29619
Which is going to net us more points with our Mistress? Trying too hard? Or being so excessively concerned with your own appearance that you can't even move from your bed to put your clothes on?

[x] Sit up in bed, try to wake up. [Willpower]

The first thing we did when we were summoned was look for our Mistress. What happened to all that determination?
>> No. 29620
[x] Sit up in bed, try to wake up. [Willpower]
>> No. 29621
[x] OH GODS YOU'RE NAKED DON'T MOVE

D'awwwwww...
*rape*
>> No. 29624
File 124520777627.gif - (81.61KB , 1098x652 , DR24.gif ) [iqdb]
29624
Rolling for willpower~

Whoops! Blending votes then!
>> No. 29627
You blink a few times, forcing yourself away from the edge of sleep. It's not a good idea to sleep in places you're unfamiliar with. That's a dangerous thing, right? The room is empty but you have no idea who it belongs to. It can't be Miss Patchouli's, since she sleeps in the library, and this room seems too carefully tended to belong to her.
Well, whoever it is, they obviously looked after you when you fell. You should at least be awake and able to thank them when whoever it is returns. You stretch your limbs on instinct. Mm, that's nice, never done that before. You do it again a couple of times for good measure, arcing your back against the bed and wiggling all your toes.
"Mmmm~" The bed is nice and soft, the sheets clean and fresh against your skin, makes this feel even better.

Wait, your skin?

Oh gods you're naked!? You freeze in the bed, before raising an eyebrow at yourself. You're naked? No clothes? A blush creeps up your cheeks at the thought. This body is entirely new and after that lovely little book in the library, nakedness comes with a whole new set of connotations for you. With one cautious hand, biting your lip in sudden anticipation, you reach around under the covers to touch your own body. Just to see! Just to check!
A Maid should not be doing this while she should be working! But you're injured, or you were, at least. And there's nobody around! And you're in bed! And ... your fingers meet more fabric.
Huh? You lift the bedcovers up a crack to look, and find yourself wearing a simple pink undershirt. Oh, must have been what was under the Maid's uniform when you were summoned. You reach down, just to check (just to check! Really!) and find a pair of panties too, running your finger along the hem at your hip. So you're not naked at all. Humph. A small wave of disappointment hits you, making you pout a little.

Then again, that feeling you get when you rest your hand on your stomach is kind of nice.

[ ] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.
[ ] No, stop! You should be getting up! Put some clothes on. [Willpower]
[ ] No, stop! Sit up in bed already, get a hold of yourself! [Willpower]
>> No. 29628
[x] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.

I don't have the willpower to not vote for this.
>> No. 29629
[ ] No, stop! You should be getting up! Put some clothes on. [Willpower]
>> No. 29630
[x] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.

Just checking, ya know? Making sure and all that jazz.

Yup.

Nothing more.
>> No. 29631
{X} Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.

のヮの~
>> No. 29632
[X] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.

Go.
>> No. 29633
[✓] No, stop! You should be getting up! Put some clothes on. [Willpower]
>> No. 29634
[x] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.
>> No. 29635
[x] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.

Book learning is not the same as actual experience.

Just try to keep the moans down.
>> No. 29636
[X] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.
>> No. 29637
As entertaining as the first option might be,

[x] No, stop! You should be getting up! Put some clothes on. [Willpower]
>> No. 29638
[x] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.
>> No. 29639
[x] No, stop! You should be getting up! Put some clothes on. [Willpower]

tide, etc
>> No. 29640
[x] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.
>> No. 29642
Calling this vote now so nobody can ruin Sera's beautiful moment of self-discovery. Writing tomorrow when I awaken and take some more painkillers.
>> No. 29646
>>29642

hooray!
>> No. 29647
oh... eww....
>> No. 29648
[ ] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.

How could I not vote for this?
>> No. 29649
[x] Just ... move the hand lower. Go on. Nobody around to see.

Nothing wrong about it. Fairies are pure creatures.
>> No. 29652
Such lewdness!
>> No. 29653
File 124523371157.jpg - (18.37KB , 290x218 , 1229738921512.jpg ) [iqdb]
29653
>>29647
>> No. 29654
Without giving yourself time to think, you move the hand on your stomach. If you think too much about this then you'll lose your nerve and get embarrassed. What if somebody comes in?! What if you're not supposed to be doing this?! What if it goes wrong or it hurts or you don't like it or if-
"Oh." You make a surprised little sound as you slip your hand between your legs, soft upper-thigh flesh on both sides. You cup your own groin gently, through the panties, holding your breath. The book was very informative but it didn't prepare you for these kind of feelings, for how your hand makes you feel down there.
"Mm." You open your mouth as you press down with your hand, squishing and- ah! That felt good. Just pressing there, just enough to feel. Red creeps up your cheeks, your mouth starts to go dry, your heart is hammering against your ribs. More.

You bite your lip in anticipation as you slip your hand inside your panties, the thin fabric offering little resistance. Trying not to think, trying to just feel and respond, you slide your fingers along the outside. Everything is so smooth and soft! You gulp, taking a single finger and pushing past the outer lips to-
"Ah!" You cry out involuntarily. Near the top, there's a-
"Oh~" You smile this time, getting used to the feeling. The wonderful feeling. By this point, you know there's no going back. Your finger is wet where you slipped it inside yourself, well lubricated for the task you now put it to. Your rational mind fades into the background as you find that spot near the top again, moving your finger up down.
"Mmm~" Slowly at first. You close your eyes, your other hand somehow finding its way up to your chest. The sensation is too overpowering to concentrate in any but the most basic way, so it is pure instinct that makes you cup your own breast in one hand, running a finger over the nipple, making it harden through the fabric of your undershirt.

"Ah, ah, ah!" Your breathing starts to speed up, turning ragged and hurried. You can't stop yourself from speeding up the motion of your finger, as if you were working towards something. You want it faster! You want it now! Eyes screwed shut, toes curled up, head arced back on the pillow, mouth open as you gasp for breath. You don't care what you look like right now, you couldn't stop for anything.
"Mmm~ Ahhh~" You can't keep yourself quiet either, not without turning and burying your face in the pillow, and you can't bring yourself to stop this pleasure for even a moment.

"Ahhh~!" Suddenly, without warning, it hits you. A wave rising up from between your legs and spreading out over the whole of your body. Your stomach twitches and you arc your back off the surface of the bed for a moment.
"Ooh." You slump back down, still feeling the wave spreading out, but slower now. Completely out of breath, barely able to open your eyes, you simply let a deeply contented smile spread across your face. Every last little bit of you feels good, as if you've just done the greatest thing in the world and the whole of reality is cheering you on.
"Mmm." You snuggle down amongst the blankets, not entirely sure what just happened, but you're absolutely sure it was a very good thing. Most of all right now, you want to go back to sleep. Contended, warm, safe and happy.

[ ] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
[ ] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
>> No. 29655
[x] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
>> No. 29656
{X} Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
>> No. 29657
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)


This interesting sensation must be investigated fully.
>> No. 29658
[X] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
>> No. 29659
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
>> No. 29660
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
>> No. 29661
[x] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
>> No. 29662
[x] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!

"... because you touch yourself at night!"
>> No. 29663
[x] Wait, what if someone comes in now?! It'd look like you wet the bed... or worse!
--[x] Clean the sheets, quickly. You're a maid, right? Your 'host' would be none the wiser.
----[x] If asked, lie. Say that you couldn't expect someone else to clean your sheets for you. [Willpower/Grace?]
----[x] In a worst-case scenario, just say you wet the bed. It's better than having the truth come out. [Willpower/Grace?]

What stat would you use for bluffing?
Also, I am somewhat curious as to what would happen if this fails.
>> No. 29666
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)

Say it with me now: max stat gains per level. Besides, >>29663 makes a valid point; while I don't think freaking out and destroying the evidence of our explorations in self-gratification is necessary, I'd rather we were awake to divert attention and/or stammer adorably when confronted with evidence of them.
>> No. 29667
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
>> No. 29668
>>29663

Except she didn't squirt or anything. If this is her first time, it would be pretty hard for her to even orgasm very strongly.

lern2women
>> No. 29671
[x] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
As for working out what just happened, we can ask Koakuma about it later.
>> No. 29673
[X] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
>> No. 29674
[X] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!
>> No. 29676
What hellhole do you prudes spawn from? Let an innocent fairy have her fun.
>> No. 29677
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)

Maximizing the chance of someone else coming into the room, preferably Koakuma, and luring them into teaching our little fairy even more.
>> No. 29679
>>29677

She's a succubus. In all likelihood, she can smell virgin experimentation.

[x] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!

Because I'm more interested in learning what Koa might do to Sera in her sleep.
>> No. 29680
>>29679
>learning
>in her sleep.
Uh...
>> No. 29681
>>29680

Dream-demon, dude.
>> No. 29683
>>29680

I was implying that Sera would awake to breasts in her face or something along those lines...

But I like the dream-demon idea more, actually.
>> No. 29684
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
>> No. 29694
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
>> No. 29696
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
[X] Try to remember some of the things in the book. [Intelligence]
>> No. 29702
[X] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
[X] Try to remember some of the things in the book. [Intelligence]

This.
>> No. 29704
Votespam sense tingling
>> No. 29707
[X] Give in and return to sleep. It's the best!

Come on guys, we can schlick some more later.
We need rest now.
>> No. 29708
>>29662>>29674
Votespam. Knock it off.

>>29663>>29679
Same IP, opposite votes. What the hell, people?
>> No. 29709
[x] Stay awake. You should work out what just happened. (So you can do it again!)
>> No. 29711
>>29708

Yeah, I do that sometimes, when I decide that I like more than one option post-vote.
I didn't think it'd throw anything off due to the way that votes are normally counted.
Say the word and I'll stop, of course.
>> No. 29718
Update incoming~
>> No. 29719
Tied but I can't vote again.

Just go with "Stay Awake", HY. You know you want to.
>> No. 29723
>>29663
>----[x] In a worst-case scenario, just say you wet the bed. It's better than having the truth come out. [Willpower/Grace?]
>It's better than having the truth come out. [Willpower/Grace?]
>[Willpower/Grace?]
>Willpower/Grace
>Will and Grace
>> No. 29724
It takes a few moments of blinking and yawning, but you manage to stay awake. You can't sleep now! You've just discovered something wonderful! Slipping your hand out of your panties again, you raise it from under the covers to take a look.
Your finger is covered in slime! Slimy slime from inside you. A giggle rises in your throat, but you also need somewhere to wipe this. Glancing to each side of the bed, you find a little night-stand, complete with an old-style alarm clock and a box of tissues. The finger problem is solved in a matter of seconds, but that still leaves you lying in bed alone. The room seems rather small when you sit up, letting the covers bunch around your legs as you shift to lean against the head-board. Where are you?

The bed is so soft and plush, so comfortable. And these pillows! You snatch one up, burying your face in it and hugging it to your chest. So soft! Hmm. Rubbing against-
You look down. Ah. This undershirt really is thin, you can see your nipples poking up still. Letting out another giggle, you reach down and touch them. Mm, that's nice. Not the same as before, but similar. What on earth was that just now anyway? You were ... having ...
You blush, thinking these thoughts is hard! Grinning like an idiot, you look down at yourself again. You had sex with yourself! However that works, or worked. It worked! Your mind is all a-spin and you feel drunk on the afterglow of pleasure. Nothing could bring you down right now.

"Hm hm hm~" You hum happily to yourself, investigating further. This new body is quite a marvel really, you should find a mirror some time. The hair reaches past your shoulders, a deep blue and rather fine and silky. You never had hair like this before, it's so pretty! You cross and uncross your legs, reaching down to run your hands up your thighs and over your hips. Wide hips. Really wide hips. Wow. Isn't that supposed to mean something? Some basic, inexpressible instinct stirs in your mind, but you can't work it out. Never mind for now, more things to do! Your breasts are small but sort of firm, though you refrain from taking off or rolling up your undershirt for a better look, contenting yourself with a quick squeeze, cupping one in each hand.
Mmm, you could get used to this body. Especially with your latest discovery! You want to do it again sometime, not right now, but maybe sometime soon. You-

Hear a door open. Somewhere outside the room. No footsteps though. Just a door opening and then closing again. Is somebody coming?

[ ] Stay where you are.
[ ] Lie down, pretend to be sleeping!
[ ] ERK, HIDE [Luck]
[ ] Clothes on, now, quickly! [Grace]
>> No. 29725
[x] Clothes on, now, quickly! [Grace]
>> No. 29726
[X] Lie down, pretend to be sleeping!
>> No. 29727
[x] Clothes on, now, quickly! [Grace]

At least if we fail it'll be adorable.
>> No. 29728
[x] Clothes on, now, quickly! [Grace]
>> No. 29729
{X} Stay where you are.

Man.
Chill.
>> No. 29732
[x] Stay where you are.
[x] Pull the covers up to your chin.

This was a tough choice; all the options seemed unbearably moe...
>> No. 29733
[x] Stay where you are.
[x] Pull the covers up to your chin.
>> No. 29734
[x] Stay where you are.
[x] Pull the covers up to your chin.

oh god
>> No. 29735
[x] Stay where you are.
[x] Pull the covers up to your chin.

Only path etc.
>> No. 29736
[x] Stay where you are.
[x] Pull the covers up to your chin.
>> No. 29737
[X] Stay where you are.
[X] Pull the covers up to your chin.

How anyone could resist ravishing her if they see this, I will never know.
>> No. 29738
[X] Stay where you are.
[X] Pull the covers up to your chin.
>> No. 29740
[✗] Stay where you are.
[✗] Pull the covers up to your chin.
>> No. 29741
>You cross and uncross your legs, reaching down to run your hands up your thighs and over your hips. Wide hips. Really wide hips. Wow. Isn't that supposed to mean something? Some basic, inexpressible instinct stirs in your mind, but you can't work it out.

Child birthan hips

[X] Stay where you are.
[X] Pull the covers up to your chin.
>> No. 29743
[x] Clothes on, now, quickly! [Grace]
>> No. 29745
My oh my, that autosage sure snuck up. Now that it's come, though....

Patchouli mentioned something about Sera becoming Koakuma's "heatsink". Discuss.
>> No. 29746
>>29745

I guess she intends for Sera to be there to be a physical outlet for Koakuma's excess sexual energy or something.
>> No. 29749
>>29746

Sound good to me.
>> No. 29750
>>29749
Sounds excellent to me.
>> No. 29751
>>29746
I endorse this product and/or service.
>> No. 29752
>>29746
I am all for it.
>> No. 29755
But Koakuma is always in heat, being a succubus and all.

Can a pure fairy take it all without burning out?

ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT.
>> No. 29765
>>29755

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH FAIRY TO BECOME A SEX SLAVE?
>> No. 29767
[X] Clothes on, now, quickly! [Grace]

Come on, people! We need to lose this roll!
>> No. 29768
>>29765
You are now imagining Sera with a collar and a semi-translucent maid uniform. Manually.
>> No. 29772
>>29765
>>29768
we are drifting too much towards /d/ here
>> No. 29773
>>29772
I'm not into writing that, chill.
>> No. 29775
>>29772
... You call that /d/?
>> No. 29776
>>29745
You couldn't figure out what she meant back then? Damn, and I only pointed it out before, too.
>> No. 29777
>>29772
That's not /d/. That's not /d/ at all!

Add a penis onto Koakuma and we're heading there though.
>> No. 29778
>>29777
as much as i am against this... i really would like for something like that to happen.
Too many Touhou doujin wasted my mind.
>> No. 29779
>>29772
Oh come on, that's /e/ territory max, perhaps even just /c/.
>> No. 29781
>>You are now imagining Sera with a collar and a semi-translucent maid uniform. Manually.
>>a collar and a semi-translucent maid uniform.
>>semi-translucent maid uniform.
>>semi-translucent
>>clothes
>>/d/

There are SO many things wrong with that assertion.
>> No. 29817
>>29781
Indeed, but as you know, everything is /d/ these days apparently, including sex in missionary position by a married couple.
>> No. 29821
>>29817
>sex in missionary position by a married couple

You're sick.
>> No. 30134
A good story has died.
>> No. 45761
>>30134

I agree