[Return]
Archived thread

File 124354628173.jpg - (107.04KB , 1023x685 , FairyMaids.jpg ) [iqdb]
28914 No. 28914
Better late than never. Enjoy the 7 minutes?

Also, did not proofread, expect errors.

---

“How would it be to spook someone?” You wonder. Escalated feelings of fear. The fight or flight response. Increased adrenaline. Sympathetic division. Hm...

Would it work on fairies too?

“Hey Silvie.” Daisy turns to her fairy companion.

“Hm?”

Those books look heavy, maybe you could help 'em out.

“I don't really remember Patchy being so, uh, friendly, or somethin' with Koa. I mean, it's not like they were mean to each other or anything, but I don't ever remember seeing her acting like that 'round her.”

“Oh, that's right, you were working in the other part of the mansion when that happened.” Silvia frowns.

“What happened?”

“I don't really remember much... but I was working in the library when it happened... everything just suddenly expanded and the bookshelves became really, really far away from each other. I was scared because I couldn't make my way to the exit anymore, then Miss Sakuya found me and helped me get out, and while I was leaving, I overheard Mistress Remilia talking with Miss Patchouli about Koakuma. I couldn't really understand what they were talking about and I waited out in the hall with a couple of other fairies who were working in the library at the time.”

You'll take this one. And this one too, lighter load for the both of them.

“Then what happened?”

“Well, after a while of waiting, we all heard a loud crash in the library and peeked in. It looked like Koakuma was crying in Miss Patchouli's arms and well... I think that just made them closer and all.”

And this one, as well as that other one.

“Huh... That's kinda sweet... say. Um... did the books get lighter all of a sudden...?” Daisy looks around and notices your own stack of book that you swiped off their arms, she freezes in place and you stop so as to not knock into her.

“Well, maybe it did- huh? Daisy?” Silvia turns just as Daisy stops. “Oh.”

“Aaah!” Daisy nearly drops all her books, if not for your quick reaction to save them, and hides behind Silvia. “What's going on?!”

“Aw... you could have said something you know.” Silvia smirks at you while a shivering Daisy peeks at your general direction while hiding behind her.

You wave your feather for her. Can't really 'say' much.

“Y-y-you know what's going on Silvie?” Daisy squeaks out.

“This is the invisible person from before. The newest worker at the voile.” Silvia nods at you.

“S-so...” Daisy breathes in slowly and jumps out from hiding behind Silvia. “So! You're the invisible thingy that just showed up around here eh?” She's looking a bit too high up, you're not exactly that tall. “Well!” She paces around your stack of books with her arms crossed. “Hm...” She takes some time to leer at your books again with a hand on her chin as she seems to be deep in thought. “You pass! Definitely pass! The shock value is a little rusty, but we can get past that! You've got talent! You just need a bit of work here and there and you'll be almost as great as the great prankster of the mansion, Daisy!” She dramatically points her finger up in the air. “There's no one I haven't pranked!”

“Except Sakuya.” Silvia bluntly states as Daisy jumps in shock.

“There was that one time! With the watermelons and the fans and the-”

“No, not really.”

“Hmmph... then... as I said earlier, our friend here can help us out with that padding maid!”

“You still haven't proven that you know.”

“I will!” She stomps her foot defiantly. “I will and our invisible friend will help us! Riiiight?” She's smiling in your direction, what to do?

[ ] Your response?

---

Goal: Finish thread before end of week. Difficulty : Phantasm.

Desire to write more instead of wasting too much time thinking.

>> No. 28915
[x] You don't really understand. But it seems to involve some misunderstanding concerning Sakuya. And helping solve that must mean to help Sakuya. And she seemed like a nice person.
>> No. 28916
[X] You don't really understand. But it seems to involve some misunderstanding concerning Sakuya. And helping solve that must mean to help Sakuya. And she seemed like a nice person.
>> No. 28918
File 12435534161.png - (92.85KB , 369x255 , 1225304490350.png ) [iqdb]
28918
>>28914
I...

Fuck YES

I had thought this was dead.
>> No. 28921
>>28915>>28916
We aren't retarded. How hard is it to tell they're talking about pranking Sakuya?

>“There's no one I haven't pranked!”
>“Except Sakuya.” Silvia bluntly states
>our friend here can help us out with that padding maid!”
>> No. 28922
[x] Set the books down on one of the nearby tables. Grab a sheet of paper from one of the tables and pen a message.
[x] "And lose what little friendship I've already achieved with her? Sorry, but you'll have to count me out."
>> No. 28924
[x] Set the books down on one of the nearby tables. Grab a sheet of paper from one of the tables and pen a message.
[x] "And lose what little friendship I've already achieved with her? Sorry, but you'll have to count me out."
>> No. 28926
[x] Set the books down on one of the nearby tables. Grab a sheet of paper from one of the tables and pen a message.
[x] "And lose what little friendship I've already achieved with her? Sorry, but you'll have to count me out."
>> No. 28928
That's all then. Writing.
>> No. 28940
House of Leaves returned?

Fucking awesome.

Now we need 16th Night back, and all will be right.
>> No. 28942
If writing becomes intolerable, please inform within the thread. To sacrifice quality to quantity is not desired.

---

You wave your feather again and motion over to a nearby table. Silvia follows you and sets her books onto the table while Daisy follows along.

You pull out some paper and begin writing down your response.

“And lose what little friendship I've already achieved with her? Sorry, but you'll have to count me out.”

“Awww. Come on, what's the worst that could happen.” Daisy pouts

“Everything, Daisy.” Silvia retorts.

“Shall we continue on to Miss Patchouli's room?” You write down for them.

“Fiiine.” Daisy picks up her pile that she nearly dropped and walks along with you to their destination.

The journey was not very long, you listened to Daisy and Silvia talk about what other fairies were up to and what other events had happened that day. Eventually your group reaches a door and Silvia knocks.

“We're back with your books Miss Patchouli.”

“You may enter.” You hear from past the door.

As you all enter, Patchouli is sitting up in her bed as she strokes the head of a sleeping Koakuma, who is using Patchouli's lap as a pillow. You assume she must have been sitting at Patchouli's bedside until she got tired. Her head wings twitch once in a while after a few gentle strokes from Patchouli. She seems to be paying more attention to Koakuma, somewhat focused on petting her. A book sits on a nightstand alongside a lamp that's illuminating the room.

“You may place the books on the desk over there.” She gestures over to a table, completely clear save for a small dish with a teacup.

“As you wish Miss Patchouli.”

“Gotcha Patchy.”

She's not looking in your direction to read whatever you'd write so you just head over to the table and set the books down as she asks.

“If you two would kindly-” She looks up and stops speaking.

“If we'd...?” Silvia asks.

“Hm... You, come here.” This feels strange now, she seems to be looking directly at you, and neither of the fairies are behind you.

[ ] Your response?
>> No. 28944
[x] Walk over to her.
>> No. 28946
Realizing it now, adding in choices might have made sense.

[ ] Walk over to her.
[ ] Wait, maybe she was talking to someone else.
[ ] Something else?

That was a very hasty vote break. Apologies.

In fact, writing now, just to get on with it.
>> No. 28949
File 124358555132.jpg - (29.80KB , 400x400 , Copy of 122601969293.jpg ) [iqdb]
28949
chill~
>> No. 28951
[ ] Walk over to her.

voting anyway~
>> No. 28953
[x] Something else?
>> No. 28964
[x] Walk over to her.
>> No. 29015
Walking over, you stand a bit closer.

"Closer." She asks, turning to the fairies you notice they seem to be wondering what Pathcouli is thinking. Curiously you take a step closer. “A bit more.” Another step and... she reaches out a hand to your face. It feels... strange. Soft and warm. “Hm...” She pushes her hand against you and you step back a bit. “So... something must have... no, they don't so... interesting indeed.” She turns to the fairies. “You two, move along now, proceed with the library organization. As scheduled.”

“Of course, Miss Patchouli.” Silvia curtsies and heads out.

“Uh, have fun touching the newbie or somethin' Patchy.” Daisy nods and follows Silvia out the door, shutting it behind her. Patchouli once again turns to you after the door shuts

“So, since you can understand English well enough. I can test the limit of the languages you know.” She begins by speaking in many languages to you, ordering you to do something simple with each one. You manage to do enough simple tasks but later on you can no longer understand her. After quite a few consecutive orders that you can not understand, she stops. “European, Asian, African... hm...”

Koakuma stirs from Patchouli's lap, her head wings shaking slightly as she sits back up in her chair. Patchouli turns to her and they speak amongst themselves. Getting up, Koakuma then takes the teacup from the table and walks out of the room.

“So... Tengwar and Dunmeri as well... but neither from which they originate... So.” She looks up at you again. “You seem to be well versed in the common languages from outside. Including ones which were created from media. Though... esoteric ones seem to be beyond you.” She nods to herself. “Fascinating indeed... even with such a potency for... hm.”

There's a knock on the door and Koakuma enters, bringing a teapot to the table, she serves Patchouli. Patchouli speaks to Koakuma again and Koakuma smiles and returns to the chair she was on earlier. After a sip, Patchouli turns to you.

“Is there anything about yourself that you may want to attempt to find out? I may be able to arrange something to test it since we are both trying to find out your true nature.”

[ ] What exactly am I?
[ ] Am I free to explore the rest of the mansion?
[ ] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you. (Suggestion? Only enough time for one of these.)
-[ ] Maybe you might have skills outside of book organization?
-[ ] Would the master of the mansion have an idea?
>> No. 29020
[x] Would the master of the mansion have an idea?
>> No. 29021
[X] What exactly am I?
>> No. 29027
[x] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you. (Suggestion? Only enough time for one of these.)
-[x] Maybe you might have skills outside of book organization?
>> No. 29028
[x] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you. (Suggestion? Only enough time for one of these.)
-[x] Maybe you might have skills outside of book organization?
>> No. 29029
[X] What exactly am I?
We might not get a clear answer, but it will at leas be something.
>> No. 29031
We understand all languages, except for esoteric ones. Unlike a normal language, an esoteric languages are not used for purposes of than communication, rather they are made intentionally hard to comprehend.

We're likely not the genius loci or some other such personification of Voile, which is steeped in magic and magical tomes.

We might be a spirit of literature or writing itself, like a Muse, and one would be hard pressed to defend a magical grimoire as a work of literature.

It's unlikely we're a simple ghost, since a simple human could spend his whole life learning languages and would die before being proficient in all of them. More so, we're unlikely the spirit of a single written work or series of written work, since a physical book in the library being written in every language is unlikely.

We have the form of a person it seems. We walk. We felt Patchouli touch our face. But then again, in Gensokyo, very abstract beings commonly take on human forms, so that's not surprising.

[x] What exactly am I?
[x] Am I free to explore the rest of the mansion?
[x] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you.
-[x] Would the master of the mansion have an idea?

Remilia has a time-stopping maid, so clearly she's the way to go as far as being assigned superpowers.

>(Suggestion? Only enough time for one of these.)

The 'one of these' is referring to the sub-options, I assume.
>> No. 29033
[+] What exactly am I?

I don't exactly like multivoting; there are choices for a reason. And I think you must get this question out of the way before anything else. Your abilities, your perception of the world, your reason for being here, these all pretty much revolve around what you are. Too many CYOAs don't answer the obvious questions right off the bat, so let's do that.
>> No. 29036
[X] What exactly am I?
>> No. 29041
>>29033

I hate you when you get opinionated like this. At least take your trip off if you're going to rant.
>> No. 29044
[z] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you. (Suggestion? Only enough time for one of these.)
-[e] Maybe you might have skills outside of book organization?

By investigating this angle, we may discover more about what we are.
>> No. 29045
[x] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you. (Suggestion? Only enough time for one of these.)
-[x] Maybe you might have skills outside of book organization?
>> No. 29046
[x] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you. (Suggestion? Only enough time for one of these.)
-[x] Maybe you might have skills outside of book organization?
>> No. 29047
>>29015
[X] Suggest something for Patchouli to test on you.
-[X] Maybe you might have skills outside of book organization?

I'm so glad this story didn't need to get hijacked. Very, very, much looking forward to your Meiling.
>> No. 29054
>>29041

I don’t think my trip is the problem; my ranting is. I shouldn’t force my opinions on other people, even if it’s just an explanation of the justification of my vote. I guess my mind thinks I’m helping, but I’m probably just being annoying, as evidenced by the various dissenters. I’ll try harder to curb my diarrhea of the mouth. My apologies.

But I really don’t like going tripless. It feels dishonest somehow.
>> No. 29072
Reporting fail: At minimum, a week, at max, two weeks of no updates, give or take a day, due to personal issues.

Appropriate action initiating.

OTL

Suggestion to readers: What kinds of skill tests should the protagonist attempt?

Depending on the author's interest of suggested tests, the protagonist may somehow, develop new skills that, seem to have always been there.
>> No. 29074
>Suggestion to readers: What kinds of skill tests should the protagonist attempt?

Test his ability to transcribe from memory things he has read before.

Test his ability to transcribe from memory things he has written down before.

Test his ability to transcribe from memory things he has heard before.

Test for the ability to unconsciously divine someone's thoughts or to predict future or concurrent events through transcription (i.e., automatic writing).

Test his penmanship: copying manuscripts, copying signatures, copying a specific person's handwriting.

Test for an ability to effect any kind of change in reality by transcription: Suggesting thoughts into others' minds, to influence future events (e.g., the weather), to increase the likelihood of good or bad events happening to a specific person (e.g., X will have an unlucky day today).

Test his physical strength. How many books can he carry? How far can he hurl one?

Stenography. Test his ability to write down a person's words as they dictate them as quickly as possible.

Test his ability to spell words correctly.

Ability to determine how many pages are in a book, or how many words are on a page at a glance.

Test his ability to use books as a focus for casting magic; e.g., using Bonfire of the Vanities to conjure flames.

Test for any skill in art, drafting, music, or mathematics.
>> No. 29077
>>29074
>Test his physical strength. How far can he hurl one?
I'd like to see this one.

>Test his penmanship: copying manuscripts, copying signatures, copying a specific person's handwriting.
We could try to imitate Sakuya's handwriting. Hers was the only distinguishable one so far.

Though I fail to see how those skills could come in handy. And I'm still hesitant to see us go uber-powerful.
>> No. 29092
Howsabout testing his ability to WRITE the languages he can speak?

it's one thing to speak a language, an entirely different one to write it.
>> No. 29098
>>29092

But he cannot speak.
>> No. 29105
[ze] >>29074
>> No. 29408
File 124492401830.jpg - (19.81KB , 320x152 , nomouth.jpg ) [iqdb]
29408
>>29098
>> No. 29517
>>29408

I lol'd
>> No. 29833
Get back in here and write, horsecunt.
>> No. 29959
Updates?
>> No. 30858
File 124997223927.jpg - (475.88KB , 668x1000 , 1e7522c1a04db7a17293f1eba6d5ef78.jpg ) [iqdb]
30858
You know what I fucking hate? How the board eats up your text if you happen to go over the limit. Fucking hell.

Anyways. I tried to help the author come up with this next update since it seemed complicated. Nothing came of it so far, and I doubt he shall finish editing this version to be more appropriate to the story.

Apologies for the errors, for the terrible style, for the crappy ending, and for the link in the middle of the story. The edited version, should it appear, will be far better.

---------------

You know what I fucking hate? How the board eats up your text if you happen to go over the limit. Fucking hell.

Anyways. I tried to help the author come up with this next update since it seemed complicated. Nothing came of it so far, and I doubt he shall finish editing this version to be more appropriate to the story.

Apologies for the errors, for the terrible style, for the crappy ending, and for the link in the middle of the story. The edited version, should it appear, will be far better.

---------------

You begin to write on some paper after taking what felt like seven minutes to mull your thoughts over. “I am unsure of what I can do. Perhaps you can help test my abilities.”

Patchouli’s looks over at you, or at least what an approximation of that there can be. “Such as what?”

“Anything besides the organization of books.”

“Any ideas of your own?”

“Writing, memory, transcriptions” you begin to list, but then you find your ideas faltering. Patchouli places a hand on her chin, thinking.

“Let’s start with memory,” she suggests, holding out her hand. “Can you hand over the papers you’ve written on before?” You give the papers to her and she scans them. “Write down what you, Silvia, and myself have said when she first introduced me to you.”

You think, and then you begin to write:
Silvia: Ah, I’m Silvia, miss Patchouli.
Patchouli: And so, would what you want me to know about might involve the faint fluctuations in mana occurring beside you?
Silvia: Um, it might! I think... there's something like, a ghost here, the kind humans shouldn't be able to see, but it's weird, aren't ghosts supposed to be white blobby things to us? I remember seeing someone who came by to one of the mansion's parties and there was a ghost-thingie following this one girl. The person who came with miss um... yuyu...yuyuyu, um, the ghost lady who didn't look like a blob thing.
Koakuma: [Unknown language]
Patchouli: [Unknown language]
Patchouli: So it seems that the subject of our discussion is of the helpful sort.
Silvia: Well, it didn't really seem so bad, miss Patchouli, too bad it doesn't know anything about itself.
Patchouli: And what do you know about it?
Silvia: Not a thing really, it's pretty quick in organizing books and stuff, knowing where they go and all, and it can talk through making words with books, but aside from that, nadda.

At this point you run out of room on the front portion of the paper, and as you begin to write on the back, Patchouli speaks up.

“That would be enough.” You give her the paper and her eyes begin to scan it. “Hm. Yes. That is correct. Your memory is quite good.” Her eyes lift up to face you once again. “Long term testing is required to establish a pattern, but I believe your memory is excellent. Now, let’s see... Transcribe the questions you have asked me not longer after that conversation.”

You nod and do so.
Thank you.
What is this place?
Who are you?
Who is Remi?
Who was that rude blond girl?
Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?


You remember that you did not ask any more questions, and so Patchouli receives the paper. She reads it, then looks through the previous ones until she finds it and compares them. “Perfect matches, not only in content but in style. Now, let us see how well you are at reading thoughts and body language. What is Koakuma thinking?”

You look at her and see her not really paying attention to the specifics of the scripts. You concentrate... concentrate... Patchouli takes a sip from her tea in the resulting silence... and then write down: “She is bored.”

Upon showing what you wrote, Patchouli’s lips curl up into an amused smile. “Competent in body language, but a failure at mind reading. Let us see. Certainly, you understand that many people write different, yes? Koakuma, get some manuscripts. ”

Koakuma obeys and comes back with five different manuscripts written by five authors, one of whom was Patchouli herself. She has you copy small portions of each manuscript, an each time she expresses disbelief at the more difficult handwriting. She then gives you certain examples to copy from and see if you could read, such as:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q216/HyperEpsilon/CrazyFont.jpg
>> No. 30859
File 124997229367.jpg - (326.60KB , 643x770 , d8a23eec21a9734d8bb58b607d5422fe.jpg ) [iqdb]
30859
Strangely enough, she seems to know how to read them, considering she wrote those out herself... Regardless, you can copy them with ease.

“For this next test, I would like for you to understand about magic. Magic takes many forms, and can be invoked in many ways. Through gestures, through chants, through prayers, through sheer willpower, through diagrams and through words. Even the most magic-lacking human can use a book to control the actions and time surrounding another’s death and you seem to have a great affinity to books and to most languages, so perhaps you can use such magic. Try to write on your parchment a command to affect reality.

You take a moment to think, and then write something down on the parchment, directing all your will to have the manuscripts restored. Silence reigns and then... nothing. Patchouli shrugs, marking something on her paper after showing her your ‘wish’. Now, you get an idea at this point and you share it with her: “let us test my physical limits.” Patchouli nods and stands. She finishes off the cup of tea that she had been steadily drinking throughout the tests, and then all three of you leave the room for the library. You ask for permission to stack up as many books as you can and briefly contemplate your throwing strength and how far you can toss a book.... however you decide against even contemplating that idea. Books are not to be abused!

Patchouli grants you permission and you begin to pull off books from the shelves. Deciding to see how far you could get books from, you look up at one of the taller book cases and begin to pull some down from the top case easily. That was simple. You start off with a light load of five books. Easy. Then you add in ten. Still pretty easy. You add book upon book upon book. Even when four feet tall, you can easily move the stacks around. However, once you reach about 7 or 8 feet, you start to have trouble balancing the books. It’s almost comically high either way. Patchouli is definitely impressed.

“Let us try stenography,” Patchouli suggests, and you accept. She begins to read out the report on the tests’ results so far, starting off slowly and picking up speed. You find it easy to keep up with her, even as she switches languages halfway through sentences. Upon looking at the results, she comments thusly: “Impressive. Even the more difficult words are spelled correctly.”

Patchouli speaks to Koakuma and Koakuma picks up a book and holds it out clear for you to see.

“How many pages are in the book?”

You write down 750.

“Correct.” She speaks to Koakuma once again, and she opens the book and holds it out. “How many words are on this page?”

“Two hundred fifty.” That number seems low, but the font is rather large, so...

Patchouli looks at the book herself and begins to count. After a minute, she nods. “Correct.” Then, she leads you back into her room and sits down on her bed, directing Koakuma to hand you a book titled “Bonfire of the Vanities” (as best as you can guess from her actions). “Perhaps using the book as a focus can help more. Do not write but simply try to conjure up a flame.”

You focus and you try. Imagine. Flames. Books burning, scrolls set alight by angry mobs, a secret message burned to leave no evidence... In the end, not even the smallest spark is created, but Patchouli seems to be greatly intrigued.

“Nothing yet, but very few beings can master magic so soon. To satisfy my curiosity, we should have further tests. I did see some mana change so perhaps you have the potential.”

After some preparation with gathering the appropriate materials and tools, Patchouli has you under certain other tests. She asks you to draw Koakuma and you do so with various paints. The result.... is less than stellar, though by no means terrible. She seems flattered by your stick figure-esque drawing. In addition, you are asked to play multiple instruments: a violin, a trumpet, and a piano. You aren’t quite familiar with the instruments all that though after a few practice tries, you end up doing not too bad, according to Patchouli. You can read the music just right, but you apparently need practice going at the right pace. Your haunting piano refrain was especially liked, even though it was ‘unpolished’. However, you can’t play the trumpet – which makes sense, since you can’t speak either. Not that you’d even know where to place the mouthpiece, anyways.

Then she has to draft the schematics to the door. You do a good job, giving her multiple views and proper measurements. You also score perfectly on her impromptu math test.
>> No. 30860
>Even the most magic-lacking human can use a book to control the actions and time surrounding another’s death

Stopped reading here.

Milly, I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but your constant pointless references make it impossible for me to enjoy whatever you're writing.

And I really liked this story, too.
>> No. 30900
So...what now? Is that the writer wrote or is this supposed to be write-in time?
>> No. 30907
>>30860

Ah well. Can't please everyone, right? Have fun with the other stories. I do not plant to stop just yet, though I suspect I'll eventually get bored of random references or perhaps I'll go into obscure references you won't get and thus you won't stop reading because of them. Regardless, thank you for your input.

>>30900

I consulted with the writer about the results of the trials suggested by readers (such as >>29074 , >>29077 and >>29092 ) and so they are essentially canon. However, the specifics as to how the tests were done and the dialogue may not be to the author's liking. However, the author hasn't really worked much on editing this to his liking, as he has run out of inspiration. I got bored of waiting and so I decided to post this. There isn't even a proper aftermath to the tests.

So there is nothing to do, but wait and hope that the author comes around to either post an edited version, to add an aftermath and choices, or to just say "write in something and I'll get to writing".

tl;dr: story's dead, hope it comes back. Meanwhile, enjoy something someone else wrote to try and fail to bring the story back.
>> No. 34780
inb4 false hopes

http://www.touhou-project.com/sdm/res/27537.html

For those who have no idea what this is doing on the front page.

>implying that guilting self into forcing an update out by posting once again will work

Here's to hoping it does work.
>> No. 34781
>inb4 false hopes
in during

>Here's to hoping it does work.
Shall I break out the motivational posters?
>> No. 34782
A reply!

What a necrophiliac.

Currently rereading own story. Nearly a year of death makes the revival ritual difficult. me forget the specific details of the story.
>> No. 34784
File 126825891797.png - (319.24KB , 1086x1597 , happy_end_06.png ) [iqdb]
34784
>>34782
I'll bring you a few hundred barrels worth of virgin's blood, maybe that will help.

Also:
>I don't really remember much... but I was working in the library when it happened... everything just suddenly expanded and the bookshelves became really, really far away from each other.

It only took me a year to figure out what that was about.
>> No. 34785
File 12682743573.jpg - (60.93KB , 400x400 , 32761bd704fe1e622b0be01765b691d5.jpg ) [iqdb]
34785
oh shit I remember this
>> No. 34789
Sure feels good to know you're remembered.

Writing the update but... expect liberties to be taken with the vote choice, give me a break, it's been nearly a year and I just want to get back to writing this again.
>> No. 34790
>>34789
I remember this story when I first came here, nice to see an old writer return. Now if only HY or Tetro would come back
>> No. 34795
>>34784
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>>34789
YES

Welcome back.
>> No. 34800
>>30860
I liked it.

But then again, I barely have a fragment of this story remembered, so the writing style may have been forgotten in my mind.

Also, Author, what should we call you?
If you don't have a name, i'm gonna call you 'ghost'.
>> No. 34814
>>34790

>old writer
>old
laughingghostthing.jpg

Tell that to Scorn. Beer spider continues to wait for his bro.
>> No. 34817
>>34789
I like where this is going...
>> No. 34822
“Maybe I have skills outside of book organization?” You suggest.

“If that's what you wish to experiment with, by all means. What do you have in mind?” You write down a list of possible things you could attempt. Not exactly for book organization however some would be useful for book profiling, copying, and well, for your own curiosity.

After some time passes with you testing out various skills such as transcription from memory, mind reading, stenography, and many other things, you eventually generate a small audience which consists of Silvia and Daisy, apparently finished with their share of the work, and two more fairies. Did they work quickly or did that much time pass already? Koakuma seemed to have already brought in a few tea sets back and forth if you remember correctly.

“Hm, much more useful...” Patchouli thinks aloud. “Simply having you do book organization might be a waste of your talents.”

“Thank you for the compliment, Miss Patchouli.” You reply.

“Indeed, you are much more suitable for categorization. A much more efficient use of your talents, yes. Haven't had the time nor workforce to categorize the library. But with you... Hm.”

“Um, miss Patchouli? Is there something else you wish of us?” Silvia speaks up.

“No, no. Finished for the day, proceed tomorrow.” She simply replies, resulting in Daisy's cheer of relief. The four fairies in the room have begun chatting amongst themselves while Koakuma pours some more tea for Patchouli. “As for you.” She looks in your direction as she takes some paper and begins to write in it. “Finished as well, use a guest room and make it your own... Hm.” She stops writing. “I will request a second dinner, come here to have it later.” She then starts speaking in the foreign language that Koakuma understands and hands her a sheet of paper. The winged girl nods and takes the paper to look at it, she nods again and is about to leave the room as Daisy calls out to you.

“Hey, wanna come with us?” Daisy asks. ”Our room isn't far from the Voile and you can see my awesome stuff too!”

[ ] Go with the fairies.
[ ] Follow Koakuma.
[ ] Stay with Patchouli.
[ ] Write-in

Would make additional comments, but, sleepy. Will talk after a good night's sleep.
>> No. 34823
[ ] Go with the fairies.
>> No. 34825
Torn between Patchy and fairies.
>> No. 34836
[x] Go with the fairies.

Let's get to know our co-workers better. Patchy seems busy at the moment.
>> No. 34840
[X] Go with the fairies.

Fairy option is irresistible. Always. Especially if there is the slightest chance of seeing some fairies changing their clothes.
>> No. 34859
[x] Stay with Patchouli.
>> No. 34890
[x] Stay with Patchouli.

Just can't resist...
>> No. 34891
[x] Go with the fairies.
>> No. 34892
[x] Go with the fairies.
>> No. 34898
Patchy = Mordin.

[X] Follow Koakuma.
>> No. 34901
>>34898

Mordin ripped off my Patchy. How dare they.

I am the very model of a Purple Intellectual.
I study youkai, anima, vampire, and karakasa.
I may not know what you may be,(which I intend to figure out), but it certainly will not stop me, as I am not some common lout.
My literary prowess gain proove this task shall not be in vain.
I am the very model of a Purple Intellectual
>> No. 34943
Wonderful amount of votes despite the ages it's taken to update. Calling it for going with the fairies.
>> No. 35084
Slow updates will be slow. Expect the update to be here before the weekend ends.
>> No. 35138
>>35084
Hooray!
>> No. 35175
“Sure,” You reply. “There doesn't seem to be any work for me now it seems.”

“Great! Follow me!” Daisy cheerfully hovers along the ground with her small wings flapping. “I've got so many awesome things you'll say they're the... uhm, awesome too!”

While navigating the Voile to the exit, the fairies chat with each other about their day. You also write up a few things, asking what to expect in their room. Daisy seems to be really excited to show you many things though the other fairies don't really seem to be that as vibrant as her about that, Silvia especially. It seems that those two share their room together.

Eventually you all reach a lavish set of double doors which presents itself as the entrance, or in your case, exit, to the library.

“Here we go, enough of the books already!” Daisy speeds up to the door and pulls it open and a breeze seems to come from the doorway as Daisy opens it.. “Aaah! So refreshing!” As the breeze dies down, she hovers past the doorway and lands, stretching as if she had just woken up. “Muuch better now.”

You continue to follow the group and just as you're about to exit, something feels wrong. You don't really know why and pause to wonder what's wrong. The group walks ahead and Daisy calls out to you. “Hey Poltertarian! What'cha standing there for? Come on! I gotta show you my super cool things!” Poltertarian? What? How'd she come up with that? And she doesn't have to call you that.

[ ] Keep following the Fairies.
[ ] Stay behind.
---
[ ] Hey, cut it out, call me something else. (Something else?)
[ ] Whatever floats your boat.

Deadline rushing, quality most likely isn't as good as normal, but quantity is just as valuable as quality here in THP. Or at least, updating on time.

Aiming for weekly updates, and even then those might be deadline rushes. Apologies.
>> No. 35186
[X] Keep following the Fairies.
[X] Whatever floats your boat.

I like Poltertarian. Fitting for the Poltertariat.
>> No. 35189
>>35186
You're not worried about the weird feeling our lead had?
>> No. 35203
{Stay behind.
- {Somehow inform Daisy that you'll have to take that trip another time since something seems to have come up.}}
{Whatever floats your boat.}
>> No. 35204
>>35189

Not even slightly.
>> No. 35205
[X] Keep following the Fairies.
[X] Hey, cut it out, call me something else.
-[X] "Aleksandr, or just Alek"

It might just be the attachement to the library.
>> No. 35211
[X] Keep following the Fairies.
[X] Hey, cut it out, call me something else.
-[X] "Aleksandr, or just Alek"

>>35205
Agreed.
>> No. 35233
>>35175
Don't rush so hard so quality suffers, though it'd be nice if you didn't end up updating at Glasnost or Harker speeds. So set reasonable deadlines.

[x] Stay behind.
-[x] Somehow inform Daisy that you'll have to take that trip another time since something seems to have come up.

At least this way the fairy won't feel bad and that we'll be glad to see it another time.

[x]Hey, cut it out, call me something else.
-[x] ""Aleksandr, or just Alek"

Typical Anon ignoring a feeling that something might be wrong with the library to play with fairies...
>> No. 35243
[x] Stay behind.
-[x] Somehow inform Daisy that you'll have to take that trip another time since something seems to have come up.

[x]Hey, cut it out, call me something else.
-[x] "Alexander, or just Alex."

X, not a K. I'm not ready to count Ivanov dead.
>> No. 35339
[x] Stay behind.
-[x] Somehow inform Daisy that you'll have to take that trip another time since something seems to have come up.

[x]Hey, cut it out, call me something else.
-[x] "Alexander, or just Alex."
>> No. 35347
[x] Stay behind.
-[x] Somehow inform Daisy that you'll have to take that trip another time since something seems to have come up.

[x]Hey, cut it out, call me something else.
-[x] "Alexander, or just Alex."
>> No. 35486
... Oh. The weekend passed without me noticing, getting the update out asap.
>> No. 35575
Yeah, nevermind, this week has been too busy for time to write. Give it another week. Aiming for next friday update.
>> No. 35645
>Aiming for next friday update.

Hooray!
>> No. 35804
You wave your feather to Daisy, beckoning her over.

“What's wrong?” She says after hovering over to you. “You're not getting scared or something, are you?”

“Something's come up right now,” You tell her. “I'll be dealing with that, sorry. I'll join you next time to see your things, all right?

“Awwwww, only here for a little bit and now you're already busy with things?” She pouts. “You absolutely promise you'll come next time?”

“Yeah, promise.” You make a heart symbol and make a cross over it.

Daisy puffs her mouth. “You make sure to remember that then, Bibliotasm!”

“Hey, cut that out, call me something else.” But what should she call you? Adrian, Andy, Ashley, Ashton, Alex... Hm, Alex, Alexander the Great, Library of Alexandria. Legendary library, priceless works of literature. Sad, sad demise. You wish you could have done something about that but sadly it's impossible now. But, a name, yes, Alex would work best, tribute to Great Alexandria. Egotistic, maybe.

“So, what, you want me to call you Alex?” Daisy raises an eyebrow. You didn't notice you were writing down your thoughts too.

“Sure, let's go with Alex.” Better than the title swapping Daisy was pulling on you.

“Well, all right, see you later Alex.” She turns to shut the door, but quickly pops her head out the opening of the door. “Remember! You promised!” She calls out before the door is fully closed.

Now, back to that strange feeling. It's not as apparent anymore, but you can still feel it. What could it be? At the very least, you're sure you're not supposed to be in this spot right now, so you head out into another direction. Well, you could always go somewhere specific if you want to. But really, do you have any idea what you should be doing? Well, at least you can browse books as you wander around for now. But a destination would be better than nothing.

[ ] The Desk Area where many events had happened already.
[ ] Patchouli's (temporary?) room
[ ] Search for Koakuma
[ ] Wandering around is just fine, browsing book titles is fun.
[ ] Head outside to catch up with the fairies. Nah, you already decided not to.

---

So bad with deadlines, apologies.

Also, update styles are really screwy, but ,to act like a common troll, it was all intentional and you are merely misunderstanding the problem, not me.
>> No. 35806
[x] Patchouli's (temporary?) room

I think whatever's going on involves her or she could tell us what might have happened. if the latter we can always go after Koakuma.
>> No. 35811
[x] Patchouli's (temporary?) room
>> No. 35822
[x] Patchouli's (temporary?) room

and if that doesn't pan out:

[x] Search for Koakuma
>> No. 36025
Updates postponed until writefag gets a laptop and can write anywhere.

Once latptop is gained, less reading real books during times when access to a computer is not possible and more taking responsibility for a CYOA.
>> No. 39149
To the nonexistantfaithful readers of this story, it is NOT dead. However the conditions for the story to continue has not been fulfilled yet. Poor author is poor.

Sage for no update.
>> No. 39464
[x] Patchouli's (temporary?) room
>> No. 39470
>>39149

We're fine waiting another seven minutes. Just don't abandon this.
>> No. 39485
>>39149
What >>39470 said.
>> No. 39547
>>39470
Thirded.
>> No. 39644
strange trip code due to Aidsforgetting if it's # to start a trip

Regretfully informing the thread that the author's computer has had a horrible blue screen error when trying to boot up computer, using another computer to post this. Can't even access safe mode, don't want to lose precious data so was told that getting a new hard drive with windows installed onto it would help. Here's to hoping notes in the file with all the notes and ideas on it regarding the story does not get deleted.