[Return]
Archived Thread

File 124122379641.jpg - (127.49KB , 1024x1024 , c9191266eacb094ea094678a59831131.jpg ) [iqdb]
28023 No. 28023
Welcome to the closed beta version (v0.9) of Fairy Maid in Gensokyo.

New features implemented in v0.9:
- Full control of character creation!
- Reading, now with support for up to two eyeballs!
- Multiple endings!
- Unlockable extras!
- Can be played with one hand! (Not recommended for those with weak hearts or nervous dispositions.)
- Short posts!
- Jittery, insomniac writer!

Loading ...

>New Game
Load
How to play
Extras

Loading ...

==

Chaos! So relaxing, the endless nothingness of non-existence.

Then a pull on your leg. Into the physical world once more, someone is summoning you!

[ ] Refuse to be summoned.
[ ] Allow yourself to be summoned.

>> No. 28024
[x] Allow yourself to be summoned.
[x] "Are you my master?"
>> No. 28025
[x] Allow yourself to be summoned.
[x] "Are you my master?"
>> No. 28026
[x] Allow yourself to be summoned.
[x] "Are you my master?"
>> No. 28027
Loading ...
>> No. 28029
You allow yourself to be summoned, narrowly avoiding either spending the rest of eternity as a wandering spirit or getting summoned by someone who wishes to do unsavoury things to you.

Lights and sounds and smells spill over as your new senses form and a physical body starts to take shape. This feels great! You haven't done this in ages, you can't quite remember what it's like, but you know if you're being summoned, there must be a summoner! You take a deep breath, feeling nervous already.

"Are you my mast-" is all you manage to get out before the character creation screen interrupts you.

==

Character creation! As the player, you have full control here, or you can choose random generation.

Stats: All stats range from 1-10. 11 is super human and always succeeds, but may not be taken at character creation. 0 in any stat may not be taken at character creation either. Passing a stat-related test in-game requires rolling equal to or under the related stat, so 5 is a balanced value.

Body: Strong and tough, or weak and frail?
Grace: Precise and careful, or clumsy and ham-fisted?
Intelligence: Clever and resourceful, or stupid and ditzy?
Willpower: Determined and confident, or shy and easily led?
Magic: Sparks from the fingertips or a whirlwind of power?
Luck: Finding pennies all the time, or always slipping on banana peels?

You have [30] points with which to create a starting character. Please choose wisely~

Physical details: Please fill in the follow details to your heart's content.

Height:
Weight:
B/W/H:
Skin colour:
Hair colour:
Eye colour:

Final details: Personal things, please think carefully!

Name:
Apparent age: (Warning: All characters appearing in this game are at least [error, parameter missing] years of age).
Other details:

[ ] Random character generation.
[ ] Make a character using the above rules [Input values please!]
>> No. 28032
>>28030
Is this a reference to something?
>> No. 28033
>>28032

No, why would it be?
>> No. 28035
>>28030
[x] >>28030

Cheating from the beginning, instead of 30 points we go with 31!
>> No. 28036
>>28030
Loading ...

Invalid stats. Please remove 1 point!
>> No. 28039
Luck lower than 5, no stats above 7: Extra unlocked! Programmer note 1: I can see none of you have ever played Fallout.

==

Gonna leave this a while in case people want to suggest something else or make modifications, since Friday night is sort of slow.
>> No. 28041
[x] >>28030

Might as well. I don't have much of a competing idea, anyways.
>> No. 28044
[x] >>28042
>> No. 28046
Last time remaking this.

[x] Make a character using the above rules [Input values please!]

Body: 3
Grace: 5
Intelligence: 4
Willpower: 4
Magic: 9
Luck: 5

Height:4'3
Weight:95 lbs
B/W/H: 34/37/41
Skin colour: White-peach
Hair colour:Royal Blue w/ white streaks
Eye colour:Grey-Green

Name:Sera
Apparent age: 17
Other details: A hairpin shaped like a dove.
>> No. 28047
>>28046

You're a really indecisive person aren't you?

[x] >>28046
>> No. 28050
[x] >>28046
>> No. 28051
>>28046
Ding!

Loading ...
>> No. 28053
>>28051

hooray!
>> No. 28054
Confirming character creation:

Body: 3
Grace: 5
Intelligence: 4
Willpower: 4
Magic: 9
Luck: 5

Height:4'3
Weight:95 lbs
B/W/H: 34/37/41
Skin colour: White-peach
Hair colour:Royal Blue w/ white streaks
Eye colour:Grey-Green

Name:Sera
Apparent age: 17
Other details: A hairpin shaped like a dove.

==

Your vision clears at last as you finish emerging into the physical world. You're standing in some kind of huge hall, lit with hundred of candles hanging in brackets along the walls and in chandeliers overhead. Everything is ornate, red and gold and so perfectly clean.

Except you and the bunch of freshly-summoned fairies standing in the middle of the room.

One of them is feeling her face with amazement, obviously a first-time summon to the physical plane. A few others are gazing around the room with wide eyes, never having seen such opulent surroundings before. One has fallen over, not used to using her legs yet. Another is making random hooting noises, trying to approximate singing, so amused by the novelty of vocal chords. It would be fantastic injection of prime chaos into the world, if it wasn't for the fact you're all wearing brand new maid's uniforms. That and the two scary looking women glaring at the lot of you. One of them is small, with long purple hair. She looks like she should be in bed. The other is also a maid, but she looks irritated.

Suddenly you feel heavy. Oh! Physical body! You look down, flexing your fingers and laughing. New body! So fun!

[ ] New body, new body!
[ ] No no! Maid's uniform, you need to be serious. Stand to attention. [Willpower]
[ ] The scary woman is in charge. The little woman is the summoner. Go up and present yourself. [Intelligence]
[ ] Help up the fairy who fell over. Show her how to stand properly. [Grace]
[ ] You have a voice now, probably better than the others, sing! [Luck]

Okay, here's how the game works. Some options will be presented as usual, but ones which require self-control, physical strength, thinking, etc (basically some kind of effort) will often have a stat attached. If you pick this option, I roll a 10-sided dice. If the result is lower or equal to that stat, you manage to do the action. If it's above, you fail. If you roll a 1, you do exceptionally well and good stuff happens. If you roll a 10, you fuck up really badly. Got it? I promise not to fudge the dice rolls, but if there's any way of doing such a thing online and making it public for all to see, somebody let me know.
>> No. 28055
[ ] Help up the fairy who fell over. Show her how to stand properly. [Grace]
>> No. 28056
[x] Help up the fairy who fell over. Show her how to stand properly. [Grace]
>> No. 28057
[x] The scary woman is in charge. The little woman is the summoner. Go up and present yourself. [Intelligence]

Roll the dice master.
>> No. 28058
>Magic: 9

So does this mean we will instant succeed Magic options?
>> No. 28059
>>28058
No, you can still roll a 10 and blow yourself up~
>> No. 28060
[x] Help up the fairy who fell over. Show her how to stand properly. [Grace]
>> No. 28061
Found a dice roller. Will use screenshots.
>> No. 28062
>>28061
Well, i trust you.
>> No. 28063
File 124123526531.gif - (30.92KB , 643x521 , I SHIT YOU NOT.gif ) [iqdb]
28063
You step forward, pleased to find that you remember how to walk. The fairy who fell down really is having a hard time trying to stand up. Her blond hair keeps getting in her face and she's getting more and more agitated by the second. None of the others have the sense of mind to help her though, so you reach down and take her hand, catching it as she flails again.
"Ah!"
"It's okay." You say.
"Oh, h-hello!" She seems nervous. "Where are we?"
You shrug. "I don't know, but it doesn't matter. Here, take my other hand."
She nods, gripping your hand tightly. "See your legs?" You ask. She nods.
"Just, sort of, push up." You say.
"Push?" She frowns, worried.
"The flat bits at the end go against the ground!" You say. "It's easy, I'll hold you."

The fairy slowly pulls her way up off the floor, but she's mostly using you as a support, not actually standing on her own. By the time she's wrapped around your shoulders, you can tell this isn't working. She's taller than you too, much taller, so she's never going to stand up like this.
"Here." You say, trying to sound as soothing as possible. "Take my hand again." You slip your hand into hers. "And here." You say, a funny feeling coming over you.
"Wha-?!" The fairy squeals as you put an arm around her back and dip her towards the floor. You're so short it works absurdly well.
"It's easy!" You say, holding your balance for a second before righting yourself again, bringing her slowly to her feet as you rock backwards. "See?"
She wobbles for a moment, so you keep your hands on her hips, looking up at her. Eventually she takes a deep breath and smiles at you. "Thank you!" She takes a faltering step forwards.

Some of the other fairies have finally gotten over their post-summon daze, but most of them are still wandering around. The two scary-looking ladies are talking to each other in low voices, the maid looking at you with a frown after that little performance.

[ ] Stay here with the others.
[ ] The angry maid is looking at you. Go introduce yourself.
[ ] The little woman is probably a magician. Is she your master?
>> No. 28065
[ ] The angry maid is looking at you. Go introduce yourself.
>> No. 28066
[x] The angry maid is looking at you. Go introduce yourself.
>> No. 28067
>Saving game. Shutting down.

Back tomorrow.
>> No. 28070
[x] The little woman is probably a magician. Is she your master?

Time to ask the questions we failed to 2 updates ago.
>> No. 28071
[x] The little woman is probably a magician. Is she your master?
>> No. 28073
[x] The little woman is probably a magician. Is she your master?

Freaking awesome.
>> No. 28074
[x] The little woman is probably a magician. Is she your master?
>> No. 28076
[x] Help up the fairy who fell over. Show her how to stand properly. [Grace]
>> No. 28079
[x] The angry maid is looking at you. Go introduce yourself.

Don't know whether we have the grace points to be able to impress the perfect elegant maid. And probably we should wait till we're spoken to.
>> No. 28080
[x] The angry maid is looking at you. Go introduce yourself.
>> No. 28081
[x] Introduce yourself to the perfect angry maid.
>> No. 28082
>Loading game ...

==

If the frowning maid is, well, a maid, then the other woman is probably the magician who summoned all of you. If there is one thing you remember in your hazy memories of past physical existence, quickly finding your master is a very high priority. You take a deep breath, feeling sort of nervous as you walk over to her.

Wait, why are they getting bigger? No, you're just getting closer. Oh. Wow. You're so very, very short. This new body requires further investigation and testing, but now you're standing right in front of the scary looking ladies. The maid has her arms folded, glaring at the group of fairies with an unimpressed sort of expression, barely noticing you now. The short woman in the pyjamas looks at you with more interest though.

"Are you my master?" You ask, folding your hands neatly in front of yourself, standing up straight. Want to make a good impression. The little woman raises an eyebrow, looking down at you. Oh dammit you're so short this is silly. Better get used to it if you're going to be here any length of time.
"Master?" The woman repeats. Her voice sounds kind of wheezy. "Mistress." She enunciates the word carefully. "You should probably get used to that word. Can you say it?"
"Mistress." You repeat, bobbing your head. "Are you my Mistress?"
The scary looking maid looks at you. "This one's bold. She can talk already?"
The little woman nods. "Mm, a little, it seems. You going to round them up yet?"
The maid sighs. "In a minute."

[ ] "Are you my Mistress?"
[ ] Maid, summoner. Neither of them are the head of the house. [Intelligence]
[ ] You can talk very well! Prove it. [Willpower]
[ ] Just curtsey, try to look good. [Grace]
>> No. 28083
[x] "Are you my Mistress?"
[x] Just curtsey, try to look good. [Grace]
>> No. 28084
[x] Maid, summoner. Neither of them are the head of the house. [Intelligence]

Either fail miserable or make a big impression on them. Chances are not in our favor, but oh well.
>[ ] You can talk very well! Prove it. [Willpower]
should have been included, but that would never work out.
>> No. 28085
Slow weekend votes~

I'll wait a bit for some more, but if it takes too long then I'll just write the first vote.
>> No. 28086
[X] "Are you my Mistress?"
[X] Just curtsy, try to look good. [Grace]
>> No. 28087
I wished we had more points in everyday attributes. Only thing that is somewhat decent is grace.
>> No. 28089
File 124127806351.gif - (35.71KB , 660x527 , DR2.gif ) [iqdb]
28089
Repostan with dice roll.

==

You take the sides of your dress in hand and bow forwards slightly, stepping back with one foot. This new body of yours is cute enough to pull off the effect, and luckily you're not as clumsy as some of the other fresh summons. The scary maid looks at you with renewed interest.
"Done this before, have you?" She asks, arms still folded, tapping her foot impatiently now.
"I don't remember." You say. "Are you my Mistress?" You ask. The woman snorts with laugher at your question.
"No, but you'll follow my orders anyway." She says, tuning away from you again. The magician sighs, rubbing her eyes wearily.
You frown in confusion. If she's not your mistress either then who, but taking orders? But-

"I don't understand." You say.
"Right!" The scary maid suddenly raises her voice, speaking to the whole room, ignoring you. "Everyone on your feet, form a line facing me, middle of the room!"
The fairies are less than quick to respond, tripping over themselves, having trouble with concepts like 'line' and 'middle', or just plain ignoring what the maid said.
"Come on! Hurry it up!" She shouts, jostling the fairies into place, steering them by the shoulders and getting them into some semblance of order. You join the line at the far end, looking across to count how many of you there are. Looks like maybe twenty fairies. This must be a big place to need so many maids!

The fairies keep chattering amongst themselves excitedly, craning their necks to look around and poking their fleshy new forms. The scary maid is standing in front of you all now, pinching the bridge of her nose. The little magician joins her again, but looks very tired and bored. What's this line for anyway?

"SILENCE!" The maid suddenly roars. The fairies all jump as one.

[ ] Shriek in surprise.
[ ] WILL OF STEEL [Willpower]
>> No. 28090
[x]Will of Steel

sure why not
>> No. 28091
[x] WILL OF STEEL [Willpower]

Work some magic, little digital dice!
>> No. 28092
[x] WILL OF STEEL

60% chance of failure? Sounds like 0% to me!
>> No. 28093
[X] Shriek in surprise.
>> No. 28094
File 12412887581.gif - (46.31KB , 686x554 , DR3.gif ) [iqdb]
28094
Really nice to see people taking an interest in this little story. I'll see if I can speed things up a bit.

Also, there's your dice roll. Seriously.
>> No. 28095
>>28094

Oh wow.
>> No. 28096
You just roll your eyes at the surprised shrieks of the other fairies. The scary maid is just trying to get everyone to shut up, nothing to be afraid of. Her eyes meet yours for a second and she frowns, probably wondering why you were the only fairy not to be surprised at her shout. Eventually she looks away and clears her throat.

"Fairies." She says, putting her hands behind her back and lifting her chin up, gaze sweeping over the assembled maids. "You have chosen, or been chosen to-"
The little magician tugs on her sleeve, muttering something.
"Oh. My mistake." The maid says. "None of you chose this, you're all blank summons. You are now indentured servants, or maids, to my Mistress, Remilia Scarlet. This," she gestures to the room in general. "Is the main banquet hall of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. I am Sakuya Izayoi, the head maid. This is Patchouli Knowledge, the magician who summoned you for my Mistress." She gestures to the little magician. "You will take orders directly from Mistress Scarlet, or through me or any other permanent resident of the Mansion. Failure to obey will result in your dismissal."

She sighs, rolling her eyes at those last words. "Do I make myself clear?"

Nobody answers. Most of the other fairies look at their feet or bunch their skirts up in their hands. Feeling bold after your earlier courage, you raise your hand. Sakuya frowns over at you.
"Yes?" She demands.
"I understand!" You say. Sakuya looks somewhat taken aback, but nods.
"Very well." She mutters. "How many of you have done this sort of thing before?" She asks the room. A few more hands go into the air, some waver, one fairy puts both hands in the air. Sakuya nods. "Good. Those of you who don't understand, can't remember, or who have never been maids before, left side of the room please." Sakuya gestures. "Those with experience, right side."

The line breaks up, indecisive maids wandering back and fourth for a moment.

You've been a maid before, right? Might be worth taking a little refresher.

[ ] Left.
[ ] Right.
>> No. 28098
[x]Left

Teach me, Sakuya sensei!
>> No. 28099
>You've been a maid before, right?

[x] Right.

I'd rather we ingratiate ourselves with the other fairy maids who know what they're doing.
>> No. 28100
[x] Right.
>> No. 28101
[x] Right.
>> No. 28102
>"I don't remember." You say. "Are you my Mistress?" You ask. The woman snorts with laugher at your question.
>"No, but you'll follow my orders anyway." She says, tuning away from you again. The magician sighs, rubbing her eyes wearily.
>You frown in confusion. If she's not your mistress either then who, but taking orders? But-

I see future conflict brewing here. Loyal fairy wants to take order's from her real mistress, not one of her lackeys.

The first time you're introduced to Remilia, I suggest you genuflect and ask for her command, as if you were her retainer. If it amuses her, and I think it will (considering how Sakuya makes a sour face every time we show competence), then you'll have special protection from being summarily 'dismissed' by Sakuya.
>> No. 28103
[x] Right.

Good stuff.
>> No. 28104
[x] Right.
>> No. 28105
[x]Left
>> No. 28106
[x] Left.
[x] Right.

I'M HELPING
>> No. 28107
Getting sort of seven minute'd here, so calling it for [ ] Right.
>> No. 28108
[x]Left

we just stated that we couldn't remember if we've done this before
>> No. 28109
Finally!

Loading ...
>> No. 28110
>>28109

hooray!
>> No. 28111
After a moment of deliberation, you head over to the right side of the room. You're not sure if you've done this before, but for some reason you feel like you know what is expected of a maid. How to conduct yourself, what to say and do. Mostly. Kind of.

Well there's no time to change your mind now, as the two groups of fairies finally settle down. The experienced group is much smaller, only five of you. You all look at each other with nervous expressions, wondering what comes next. The inexperienced group mills about for a second before Sakuya shouts at them to line up again. Her and Patchouli slowly make their way down the line, looking at each maid and conferring for a moment before making some kind of decision. Only occasionally do they actually ask the fairy herself a question, and usually Sakuya's expression darkens after the reply. When they near the end of the line, there's a knock at the main door of the room, and four more maids enter, all fairies, obviously already employed here. They wave encouraging at you and the other new arrivals.

Sakuya separates the inexperienced group into four smaller groups and then tells the older fairies to lead them from the room. They traipse out in a long line as Sakuya turns and crosses the room towards you, Patchouli yawning lazily behind her.
"Them as well?" She calls.
Sakuya nods. "You know we have to. My apologies, Miss Patchouli."
Patchouli sighs and catches up with Sakuya. You and the other four maids have already formed a line. Sakuya's mouth twitches, but she doesn't smile. Her and Patchouli start at the other end of the line to you, considering each fairy in turn.

"Dull-looking, keep her in the laundry rooms."
"This one is too stupid. Fodder, maybe?"
"Good smile, not much inside her head."
"Weak as a kitten. Not much meat on her. Cooking duties, perhaps."

Before you know it, they're standing in front of you. Gulping, you try to feel presentable, clean, useful, competent. Sakuya looks you up and down. Patchouli blinks slowly.
"She's tiny."
"Mm." Patchouli nods.
"Why's that?" Sakuya asks. "I thought they were getting taller these days."
Patchouli shrugs. "More pure fairy stock in her. Why do you care?"
"Small enough to be a playmate for the younger Mistress. Certainly sweet-enough looking." Sakuya sighs.
"Hmm." Patchouli leans forward, sniffing. "Incredible magical aptitude. Must be the fairy blood indeed."
"You want her?" Sakuya asks. Patchouli frowns.
"They're never clever enough to learn anything from me. Though Koakuma could do with a ... what's the word? Apprentice? No ... heat-sink? Hm."
Sakuya taps her foot. "Well make up your mind. If not then I might try her out with Remilia."
"Oh?" Patchouli seems surprised. Sakuya snorts with laugher.
"Hasn't made a sound just now, looked straight for her Mistress when she arrived. Good material. Small, won't get in the way."

[ ] Stay quiet. Let your betters decide your fate.
[ ] Playmate for the younger Mistress? Sounds fun!
[ ] Patchouli must be clever to be a magician, you'd love to learn from her. [Intelligence]
[ ] Koakuma? Little demon? There's a demon here?
[ ] Remilia! She is your Mistress.
>> No. 28112
[x] Remilia! She is your Mistress.

Let's antagonize Sakuya.
>> No. 28113
[ ] Stay quiet. Let your betters decide your fate.
>> No. 28114
Quick question, are our stats set in stone or will there be chances to increase them at points?
>> No. 28116
[x] Stay quiet. Let your betters decide your fate.
>> No. 28117
[ ] Stay quiet. Let your betters decide your fate.

While I would want to suggest Remilia, Sakuya already seems to be thinking about sending us there. Not to mention she was just complimenting us a little on our behavior. Yelling out might not be the wisest of decisions. Just have to hope that they don't send us to Flan where we get obliterated.
>> No. 28118
[x] Stay quiet. Let your betters decide your fate.
>> No. 28119
[x] Remilia! She is your Mistress.
Time to throw Sakuya down from her thrown and replace here. Oh she will be so pissed off.

>"You have chosen, or been chosen to-"
Fairies get treated like shit here. This screams for a revolution.
>> No. 28120
>>28114
Stat increases are possible, but rare.

Perk system and item system unlocked after introduction. Please wait warmly~
>> No. 28121
[x] Stay quiet. Let your betters decide your fate.

Luck: 5 doesn't seem too bad of a chance. Has worked so far. Better than the snowball's chance in hell that is being Flan's plaything.
>> No. 28123
[x] Remilia! She is your Mistress.

Sakuya is not your enemy. She is a capable servant in the Mistress' employ and therefore an ally deserving of your respect. She takes precedence among all of the Mistress' servants.

But you do not serve Sakuya.
>> No. 28124
[x] Patchouli must be clever to be a magician, you'd love to learn from her. [Intelligence]

Well, our luck has held so far.

Hey, would luck affect how many times a die could be re-rolled? Is it just for specific occasions or does it affect everything?
>> No. 28125
[X] Patchouli must be clever to be a magician, you'd love to learn from her. [Intelligence]
pissing, tide, etc
>> No. 28126
[x] Stay quiet. Let your betters decide your fate.
>> No. 28127
Loading ...
>> No. 28128
>>28127

hooray
>> No. 28129
You don't say anything. These women live here, they understand the place, they're more qualified to decided where you would be best suited.

Patchouli takes a deep breath. "I'm going to try her out then."
"Try her out?" Sakuya asks, frowning.
"There's plenty of uses I could put her to. Such raw power deserves a little effort, at least." Patchouli says. "If she's too stupid then Koakuma can deal with her. She needs the company."
Sakuya nods. "Fair enough. Personal claim?"
Patchouli shakes her head. "No, I'm not taking responsibility. She's still yours in the long run." Patchouli yawns, rubbing her eyes. "Can we wrap this up?"
"Of course." Sakuya glances around the rest of the room, as if she can't see the five eager maids in front of her. "Patchy, why do we never get any butlers?"
"Hm? Fairies are always female. You know that." Patchouli shakes her head. Sakuya sighs.
"Not even one?" She asks, but doesn't wait for answer, turning back to the assembled group of maids. "You, you and you, follow me." She points. "You, stay here a moment." Then she point at you. "You, with Miss Patchouli."

You look at Patchouli, or rather you look up at her. She looks back at you, expressionless. Suddenly, confusion overcomes you. Remilia is the Mistress of the house, but you're to follow Patchouli's orders? Seems complicated, but if Patchouli is Remilia's magician then it's just like delegation of responsibility, right? You smile and bob your head at Patchouli. She doesn't smile back, just coughs into her hand, looking pained.
Sakuya leads the other three maids out and the one left behind cranes her neck to look up at the decorated ceiling again.

"Hm." Patchouli frowns, glancing around as if suddenly uncomfortable. "Back to the library, I think." She mutters. "Come with me." She turns, not looking back to check if you're following. You quickly catch up with her as she crosses the room and suddenly she rises off the ground by about a foot, hovering in the air without the slightest hint of effort.
"Oh." You say, slightly surprised. Patchouli glances over at you, reclining slightly in the air.

[ ] Say nothing, just follow her.
[ ] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]
[ ] That's not possible, how is she flying? [Intelligence]
[ ] Wait, you can- [Luck]
>> No. 28130
[X] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]
>> No. 28131
[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]

Put that magic stat to the test.
>> No. 28132
[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]
>> No. 28133
[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]
inb4 failed roll
>> No. 28134
>All stats range from 1-10. 11 is super human and always succeeds
>Passing a stat-related test in-game requires rolling equal to or under the related stat
Hold on, wouldn't having ten in a stat mean that we always succeed anyways, why go all the way to 11 if thats the case?
>> No. 28135
>>28134

If the roll is exactly 10 it's an enormous fuck up.
>> No. 28136
[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]

Time to show some magic!
>> No. 28137
[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]

I be it will be the 10. I really like that dice system.... until now because we haven't fucked up yet.
>> No. 28138
>>28134
a 10 is a "critical failure" you not only mess up, you do it in the worst possible, most tabletop games consider getting a certain roll (it's usually the lowest number) a failure, regardless if your natural skill would allow you to perform such an action.

[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]
>> No. 28139
[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]

Since this is the least likely to fail, and we have yet to fail any rolls, this will be the time we fuck up royally.
>> No. 28140
[x] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]
>> No. 28141
[X] Weightless? Falling without hitting the ground? [Magic]

Inb4 10.

Also, why use a reverse d10 system? ususally it's 1 for critical failure and 10 for godlike option
>> No. 28142
>Patchouli takes a deep breath. "I'm going to try her out then."
>"Try her out?" Sakuya asks, frowning.
>"There's plenty of uses I could put her to. Such raw power deserves a little effort, at least." Patchouli says. "If she's too stupid then Koakuma can deal with her. She needs the company."
>Sakuya nods. "Fair enough. Personal claim?"
>Patchouli shakes her head. "No, I'm not taking responsibility. She's still yours in the long run." Patchouli yawns, rubbing her eyes. "Can we wrap this up?"

stepping stone... only a stepping stone...
>> No. 28143
>>28141

We aren't rolling. Our stats aren't modifiers, they are the DC which the DM's die is compared against.
>> No. 28144
File 12413165921.gif - (60.38KB , 880x595 , DR4.gif ) [iqdb]
28144
Easy does it~

Loading ...
>> No. 28145
>>28142
We will become the last fairy in the EoSD extra stage?
>> No. 28146
>>28145

I smell a crossover.
>> No. 28147
>"You have chosen, or been chosen to-"

We need to find a crowbar.
>> No. 28148
You stare at Patchouli for a second, then at the space between her and the floor. She sighs and opens her mouth, about to speak, but you get there first.
"Miss Patchouli." You start. "Are you weightless or falling?"
Her eyes widen. "Weightless." She says, then frowns a little. "How much power would I need for that?" She waits for you to answer, sitting in the air now, bobbing up and down slightly.
"How much do you ... " You trail off. No, not how much does she weigh, because she's weightless. You know this, you know this! "It depends on density." You say, gulping. "I ... don't know how dense stuff is in the physical world."

Patchouli frowns. "What kind of measurements do you understand?" She asks, sounding deadly serious.
"Not many." You say, feeling self-conscious now. "Metaphors, I suppose." You gulp and bunch the side of your skirt in one hand.
Patchouli takes a deep breath. "We can fix that. You can't calculate it, but can you feel it?" She asks. You look back up and frown at the space around her.
"Yes." You nod. "It's ...watery?" The aura does feel odd, wet and liquidy.
"Good." Patchouli says, coughing once into her hand. "Good. Maybe I can do something with you after all." She almost smiles, but breaks into a coughing fit, covering her mouth and closing her eyes.

"Miss Patchouli?" You step forward, having to stretch up to reach her. She waves you off.
"I'm fine," she gasps. "I'm fine. Leave me be."
You back up, bowing your head slightly. Patchouli takes a few deep breaths. "Come on." She says eventually, floating off slowly towards the door. You open it ahead of her and close it after you.

The corridor outside is carpeted in rich red, lit by more candle-brackets and lined with gold and red bass scroll-work on the walls. A number of pictures and portraits are spaced at regular intervals.
"This way." Patchouli mutters, floating off to the right.

Sort of colder out here. Dark at either end of the corridor as well, where the candles thin out.

[ ] Just follow Miss Patchouli.
[ ] Say something. [Player input]

==

>Saving game. Shutting down.

Back tomorrow! Take your time with choosing what, if anything, you want to say here.
>> No. 28151
[X] Just follow Miss Patchouli.
>> No. 28152
[x] Pace yourself between each question; Miss Patchouli seems to lack the capability for extended conversation.
[x] "If you will it, you may refer to this one as 'Sera', Miss Patchouli."
[x] "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and from any permanent residents of the household. May I ask what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?"
[x] "The Head Maid also said we are indentured servants, but this one recalls signing no document of indenture. Can you clarify her meaning?"
[x] "Miss Patchouli summoned this one along with a large number of others. Was there a mass dismissal of previous servants?"

We have a name, so we might as well say it. I have a feeling that it'll pique her interest to learn we aren't a truly 'blank' summon.
>> No. 28153
[X]Follow miss Patchiouli
[X]"My name is Sera by the way"
>> No. 28154
[X] Just follow Miss Patchouli.
>> No. 28155
[x] Pace yourself between each question; Miss Patchouli seems to lack the capability for extended conversation.
[x] "If you will it, you may refer to this one as 'Sera', Miss Patchouli."
[x] "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and from any permanent residents of the household. May I ask what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?"
[x] "The Head Maid also said we are indentured servants, but this one recalls signing no document of indenture. Can you clarify her meaning?"
[x] "Miss Patchouli summoned this one along with a large number of others. Was there a mass dismissal of previous servants?"

Why not. We have to show that we are not some dumb fairy and are above the rest of them.

>stepping stone... only a stepping stone...

Indeed, get the position of the head maid! Bitch deserves it.
>> No. 28156
[x] Pace yourself between each question; Miss Patchouli seems to lack the capability for extended conversation.
[x] "If you will it, you may refer to this one as 'Sera', Miss Patchouli."
[x] "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and from any permanent residents of the household. May I ask what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?"
[x] "The Head Maid also said we are indentured servants, but this one recalls signing no document of indenture. Can you clarify her meaning?"
[x] "Miss Patchouli summoned this one along with a large number of others. Was there a mass dismissal of previous servants?"
>> No. 28158
[x] Just follow Miss Patchouli.

>>28152
This seems a little beyond our 4 intelligence. And we should hold off on the name for now, names usually = power in some way.
>> No. 28159
[x] Pace yourself between each question; Miss Patchouli seems to lack the capability for extended conversation.
[x] "If you will it, you may refer to this one as 'Sera', Miss Patchouli."
[x] "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and from any permanent residents of the household. May I ask what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?"
[x] "The Head Maid also said we are indentured servants, but this one recalls signing no document of indenture. Can you clarify her meaning?"
[x] "Miss Patchouli summoned this one along with a large number of others. Was there a mass dismissal of previous servants?"
>> No. 28161
Those questions seem a bit out of place for mere fairy intelligence, especially given our scores... that isn't to say we can't prove ourselves a cut above the rest though. Simple things like expressing gratitude for teaching us things may be good. We can thank the mistress for housing and feeding us later (although to the head maid it might look like ass kissing). For now, I'd rather demonstrate initiative and try floating like Miss Patchouli.

[x] Maybe you can- [Luck]
>> No. 28163
>>28161

Are you doing this on purpose or is your connection just that shitty?
>> No. 28164
>>28161
>Those questions seem a bit out of place for mere fairy intelligence, especially given our scores...

And yet:
>"Not many." You say, feeling self-conscious now. "Metaphors, I suppose."

>"How much do you ... " You trail off. No, not how much does she weigh, because she's weightless. You know this, you know this! "It depends on density." You say, gulping. "I ... don't know how dense stuff is in the physical world."

From a mechanics perspective, Intelligence is used to check whether we know and comprehend the answer to something, not whether we can ask the question.

Secondly, our attribute values tell us little when we have no point of reference. Maybe 4 is higher than typical for fairies, while being below average for humans?
>> No. 28165
>>28158
>And we should hold off on the name for now, names usually = power in some way.

Then why would they give us theirs so readily? Look, we already have a name; nothing short of a retcon will change that.
>> No. 28166
>This seems a little beyond our 4 intelligence.

Speaking as a writefag, this is the worst kind of self-hobbling voters can do to themselves. A good writer will always change the wording to fit the character, especially when you've been give an option for the sole purpose of gathering information.

>[ ] Say something. [Player input]
>> No. 28167
[x] Pace yourself between each question; Miss Patchouli seems to lack the capability for extended conversation.
[x] "If you will it, you may refer to this one as 'Sera', Miss Patchouli."
[x] "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and from any permanent residents of the household. May I ask what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?"
[x] "The Head Maid also said we are indentured servants, but this one recalls signing no document of indenture. Can you clarify her meaning?"
[x] "Miss Patchouli summoned this one along with a large number of others. Was there a mass dismissal of previous servants?"
>> No. 28168
>>28161
Who cares. This is like most of the stories out there. Being someone out of the masses, not your usual fairy etc etc. Why would go for something lower if you can have way more.
>> No. 28170
The phrasing structure of the write-in is retarded. Screw the "this one" crap, and it would sound decent.

As it is, it sounds like we're trying to be oh-so-fancy, rather than curious and inquisitive.
>> No. 28171
>>28170

No, it's actually a convention in translating very humble Japanese speech.
>> No. 28172
[x] Pace yourself between each question; Miss Patchouli seems to lack the capability for extended conversation.
[x] "If you will it, you may refer to this one as 'Sera', Miss Patchouli."
[x] "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and from any permanent residents of the household. May I ask what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?"
[x] "Miss Patchouli summoned this one along with a large number of others. Was there a mass dismissal of previous servants?"
>> No. 28173
[X] Just follow Miss Patchouli.
>> No. 28174
[x] Pace yourself between each question; Miss Patchouli seems to lack the capability for extended conversation.
[x] "If you will it, you may refer to this one as 'Sera', Miss Patchouli."
[x] "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and from any permanent residents of the household. May I ask what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?"
[x] "The Head Maid also said we are indentured servants, but this one recalls signing no document of indenture. Can you clarify her meaning?"
[x] "Miss Patchouli summoned this one along with a large number of others. Was there a mass dismissal of previous servants?"
>> No. 28175
Loading ...
>> No. 28176
You hurry after Patchouli, trying to ignore the foreboding atmosphere all around. Some residences are just like this, you guess. The Scarlet Devil Mansion must be quite old, or Mistress Remilia must have strange tastes. As Patchouli floats along, you walk beside her, the urge to speak becoming unbearable. Now you've had a moment to catch your breath after being summoned, you can't help but wonder about this place and its other residents.

"Miss Patchouli." You start slowly. She glances over at you as you walk. "If it please you, you may refer to me as 'Sera'."
"You have a pronounceable name?" Patchouli asks, sounding a little surprised. "Well, saves me the effort."
You bob your head in agreement. Phew, she likes your name enough not to try changing it. You can't remember where you got it before, but you certainly feel attached to your name.
"May I ask a question, Miss Patchouli?" You ask, taking it slowly, making sure not to seem over-inquisitive.
Patchouli grunts with derisive laugher. "Don't ask me that, just ask the question."

"Y-yes Miss Patchouli." You say, wrong-footed by that response. "The Head Maid said we were to take orders from the Mistress, herself, and other residents of the household."
"Indeed she did, go on." Patchouli urges you as you turn the corner. Various doors and side-corridors lead off here and there, but Patchouli carries on straight ahead. You see a few maids vanishing into rooms or hurrying about their business, but they almost seem like intruders in the quiet darkness of the Mansion.
"May I enquire as to what Miss Patchouli's relationship to the Mistress is?" You say.
Patchouli doesn't say anything for a long moment, then takes a sharp breath. "Old friends." She says.
"Miss Patchouli is not in Mistress Scarlet's service?" You ask.
The corner of Patchouli's mouth twitches. "No, not at all."
"I see." You say. "The Head Maid also said we maids are indentured servants, but I recall making no contract with your Mistress or you as summoner. Can you clarify, please Miss Patchouli?"
She blinks heavily a couple of times. "Contract is for your body in the physical plane." She says. "You agreed when you decided to be summoned. Indenture just means that you get the body and a physical existence as long as you work for the Mansion."
You nod slowly. "I see."
Patchouli glances over at you, a strange look in her eyes. "Thinking of leaving already?"
You shake your head, you weren't thinking that at all.
"Good. You're promising. Don't throw that away." She says. You colour in the cheeks a little at her words.

"One last question, if I may." You say.
"Go ahead." Patchouli sighs.
"I could not help but notice that Miss Patchouli summoned me along with many other new maids. Was there a mass dismissal of pervious servants?" You ask.
Patchouli looks at you and raises an eyebrow. "Well spotted." She says. "And ... yes, there was." She doesn't elaborate and you open your mouth to ask more, but she cuts you off. "Nothing important, nothing to worry about." She says. "Up here." She says suddenly, and you notice that the corridor ends in a staircase leading upwards.

At the top of the staircase is a wide corridor, the left hand side is plain wood, polished and different to the rest of the Mansion's corridors so far. A huge pair of double doors stand at the end.
"This is the library." Patchouli says, stopping in mid-air and turning to face you. "Have you memorised the route here from the main banquet hall?" She asks, expressionless.
"Um-"

[ ] No, you haven't. Admit it.
[ ] You can try, pretty sure you've got it. [Intelligence]
[ ] Sure, no problem, you'll wing it. [Luck]
>> No. 28178
[x] Sure, no problem, you'll wing it. [Luck]
>> No. 28179
[x] No, you haven't. Admit it.
>> No. 28180
[x] Sure, no problem, you'll wing it. [Luck]

5 luck. Bet it will be a 6 in the throw.
>> No. 28181
[x] You can try, pretty sure you've got it. [Intelligence]
[x] And if not, no problem, you'll wing it. [Luck]

This is a perfectly reasonable vote combination. Prove me wrong.
>> No. 28182
[x] Sure, no problem, you'll wing it. [Luck]
>> No. 28183
>"Good. You're promising. Don't throw that away." She says. You colour in the cheeks a little at her words.

tee hee

Just because we strive to becoming the Lady's vassal does not mean we should not form bonds with members of Her court.
>> No. 28184
[x] You can try, pretty sure you've got it. [Intelligence]
as long as this doesn't become a catastrophic failure(roll a 10)
>> No. 28185
>>28184
we got good throws so far so you know it is bound to happen soon.
>> No. 28186
[x] Sure, no problem, you'll wing it. [Luck]

Sera is the death fairy before Patchouli, the one who spams red rain bullet like hell.
>> No. 28187
File 124136696155.gif - (82.53KB , 1099x635 , DR5.gif ) [iqdb]
28187
Easy does it!

I'm currently getting dragged away all the time for other commitments, so an update as soon as I can sit down at my keyboard for more than ten minutes.
>> No. 28188
>>28187
>>28144
>>28094
>>28089
>>28063

Don't we level up or something now?
>> No. 28189
>>28187
Thank goodness it wasn't seven minutes.
>> No. 28190
>>28188
There is no level system in this game. As I explained in >>28120 , stats can be increased, perks can be discovered or unlocked and special items can be found. More on this soon.
>> No. 28191
You nod. "I think I can remember it." You shrug.
Patchouli raises an eyebrow in question, smothering a cough with her hand. "Can you tell me the way?"
"Um ... " You trail off. You're pretty sure you could make it back there yourself, just relying on luck and your senses, but you can't actually remember. Patchouli doesn't look impressed.
"I-I'm sure I could get back there myself!" You say, grasping at straws. Miss Patchouli said you had potential, you don't want to let her down now!
She sighs. "Very well." She half-turns back to the door, then stops and glances sidelong at you. "Instinct is never a substitute for observation and knowledge." She says, looking you up and down. "Especially for someone as small as you." She says. "Do you understand?"
You nod vigourously, clasping your hands in front of you with embarrassment. You understand!

"Good." Patchouli says, a small smile creasing her face. It doesn't reach her eyes. You shrink back a little, inside yourself.
"M-Miss Patchouli?"
"Well, either you can find your way back to the banquet hall with your instinct, or you can come into the library and find your way by thinking."
"I ... sorry, Miss Patchouli?"
"Take all the time you need." She says, then raises her hand and clicks her fingers. There is a blinding rush of air and you screw your eyes shut. When you open then again, Patchouli has vanished.

The double doors to the library are open, just a crack.

[ ] Enter the library.
[ ] Go back. You can't handle this.
>> No. 28192
[X] Enter the library.
>> No. 28193
[X] Enter the library.
>> No. 28194
[x] Go back. You can't handle this.

Although I don't like how this is worded, it should be the better choice. What would have happened if we'd run out of luck? We didn't seem to have fared too well inspite of being lucky just now.
>> No. 28195
[x] Enter the library.
>> No. 28196
[x] Enter the library.
>> No. 28197
I don't want to come to serve Patchouli, but Sera really has a lot to learn before she's capable enough to serve Remilia, for sure.

[x] Enter the library.
>> No. 28199
>>28176
>"If it please you, you may refer to me as 'Sera'."
Thank god for flexible writefags.
>> No. 28207
>>28199

For what, the glaring lack of number agreement?
>> No. 28212
Finally!

Loading ...
>> No. 28217
>>28212

hooray!
>> No. 28218
You push the library door open, peering inside. The room is huge, you gape as you crane your neck to look. The ceiling is about fifty feet up, but obscured in the darkness, made of the same dark brown wood as the walls and floor, so different to the rest of the Mansion's corridors. There's much less light in here, no candles, just some kind of magically-powered glowing balls of light, hanging at regular intervals around the edge of the room and spaced over the bookcases.
And the bookcases! They go on and on, stretching off into the darkness, each one easily ten feet tall, stuffed full with books and scrolls. The air is heavy and full of dust. At one end of the room, the far left-hand side, you can just make out a pair of tall, stained-glass windows. Looks like night-time outside. All other directions, you can see only the bookcases.

There's no sound in here, but a lot of magic. You can feel it, hanging in the air and lacing the walls of the place.

You take a deep breath, weighing up your options.

[ ] Just pick a direction and walk. [Luck]
[ ] Ambient magic. Reflection of individual auras. You can find Patchouli in here, easy. [Magic]
[ ] Vantage point, try climbing a bookshelf. [Body]
[ ] You should work out some landmarks. The windows are a good start. [Intelligence]
[ ] Admit it, you're confused already. Call out for Patchouli. [Willpower]
>> No. 28219
[x] Ambient magic. Reflection of individual auras. You can find Patchouli in here, easy. [Magic]
>> No. 28220
[O] Ambient magic. Reflection of individual auras. You can find Patchouli in here, easy. [Magic]
Magical aptitude, use it.
>> No. 28221
[x] Ambient magic. Reflection of individual auras. You can find Patchouli in here, easy. [Magic]
>> No. 28222
[x] Ambient magic. Reflection of individual auras. You can find Patchouli in here, easy. [Magic]
>> No. 28224
>>28194
Hell with that, Patchouli or Bust. Or Patchy's bust.

>>28176
>"Contract is for your body in the physical plane." She says. "You agreed when you decided to be summoned.
Ohhhh... Now that makes the whole spirit-summoning thing in anime/games make a lot more sense.
See, I always wondered about just how it was supposed to be a contract. The being/entity showed up and did whatever the guy wanted, and then went off and did whatever. It seemed awful one-sided to me, and couldn't see what the entity/being in question got out of the deal. The only deals withe demons/spirits that you see in Western lterature and mythology are much more tricky and/or dangerous, putting up as a price one's soul, life, freedom, material goods, etc. I always wondered if it was like that kind of thing, but just quiet and off-screen.

But now I know. Thank you, 16.
>> No. 28225
>>28207
Number agreement?
>> No. 28227
[x] Ambient magic. Reflection of individual auras. You can find Patchouli in here, easy. [Magic]
>> No. 28228
>>28225

fucking google it

[x] Ambient magic. Reflection of individual auras. You can find Patchouli in here, easy. [Magic]
>> No. 28230
Loading ...
>> No. 28233
File 124139184493.gif - (89.62KB , 1141x628 , DR6.gif ) [iqdb]
28233
You close your eyes for a moment, trying to focus. This entire library is saturated with magical energy, more than enough to do what you're trying to. Normally you wouldn't have the finesse or training to pull off something so complex, but the sheer level of magic around means you can use brute force instead of precision for once. You stretch out a hand and lay it against the nearest bookcase, pale skin flat against the dark wood. Feels good, warm. Almost as if it the wood was still alive. You blink a couple of times, close your eyes, and open your senses up.

The library is like a flat plain, revealing itself to your mind like a flower uncurling its petals. Covered in dips and hills, mountains and valleys, places of magical power or disruption. The biggest spike must be Patchouli, over my the wall on the right. No, the back. The ... ceiling?

You screw your eyes up tighter as it all starts to look rather odd. Everything is shifting and changing, in constant flux and almost as if it was designed to be confusing. You're executing the spell without the slightest error, but the library itself is designed to reject exactly this kind of active observation. You open your eyes and puff out your cheeks in frustration.
"Humph." That was frustrating. You made some sense of the room before it started to change, but not enough to know exactly where to go. Patchouli is either by the back wall, or the left one.

[ ] Back wall.
[ ] Left wall.
>> No. 28234
[ ] Back wall.

Figures the magician will have some magical defenses in place....
>> No. 28235
>>28234
That'll have to be enough I guess.

Loading ...
>> No. 28237
[x] Back wall.
>> No. 28238
Steeling yourself, you head off between the bookcases, towards the back wall. As soon as you step between the bookcases, you feel a little more frightened by all this. You're so small compared to the bookcases! They tower over you, almost as if they were trying to hem you in. The first few rows are straight, but as soon as you get deep enough into the library that you can't see the door anymore, the line of bookcases starts to bend, confusing your sense of direction and throwing you off.
The books themselves don't help either, so many of them, all different sizes and shapes and colours. Scrolls and leather-bound books next to thin little glossy pamphlets and loose sheets with smudged words. All kinds of books, most of them with titles that suggest topics you can barely imagine.

And now you're lost. And a little scared. And kind of cold.

You peer around the side of one bookcase, is that the way to the back wall? Or was it a little to the right? You gulp and hunch over a little.

[ ] Keep going.
[ ] A little to the right.
[ ] Why not read a book? Take a break, think it over.
>> No. 28239
[x] Why not read a book? Take a break, think it over.

Reading is good for you.
>> No. 28240
[x] Keep going.
>> No. 28241
File 124139573287.jpg - (171.08KB , 424x565 , 1233118784368.jpg ) [iqdb]
28241
>>28240

READING IS GOOD FOR YOU.
>> No. 28242
[x] Why not read a book? Take a break, think it over.
Take it easy~
>> No. 28243
>>28228
Read it. Still have no idea what the hell you're saying, or at least what side of the argument you're on.
>> No. 28244
{X} Why not read a book? Take a break, think it over.
>> No. 28245
3 votes! One more update before sleep.

Loading ...
>> No. 28246
[z] Why not read a book? Take a break, think it over.
[e] Oh, right! Your wings... You still have them, right?

Does Sera not have wings or something? Why can't she fly up and look? She's a fairy, after all.

>>28111
>Though Koakuma could do with a ... what's the word? Apprentice? No ... heat-sink? Hm."
I am very, very, very curious about what being Koakuma's 'heat sink' involves, assuming she is anything remotely succubussy in this story.

>>28191
I had to read that last paragraph of dialogue with Patchy a few times before I realized it was a challenge that amounted to "Prove yourself or get the fuck out."

>>28218
>[ ] Admit it, you're confused already. Call out for Patchouli. [Willpower]
Oh goddammit.
>> No. 28247
>>28245
FFFFFFFF
>> No. 28248
You sigh. You're lost and cold in a huge library, this is stupid. Resigning yourself to being at least a little bit of a failure in this task, you sit down on the floor, tucking your skirt under your bottom and leaning back against a bookcase. Got to rest those legs before you carry on.

These bookcases are must be really old, you find yourself thinking. It would take lifetimes to amass this many books all in one place. They're not organised by any system, as far as you can tell, which means whoever collected them all just put them back as they read each book. How old is Patchouli anyway? She didn't look a day out of her teens, but she certainly seemed clever. She must be, to read and understand books like the ones you can see on the shelf across from you.

Curiosity overtakes you as you scoot over and look at the titles of the books, frowning at some of the more confusing ones. 'Basic care for your giant spider: second edition.' 'Mein Kampf.' 'Transmutation for dummies', complete with the garish yellow cover. 'Minutes from the 456th meeting of the Infernal Council of the 15th Hell, volume 7', appears to be bound in some kind of skin. 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.' 'Seduction, a guide.'
You frown at the book about spiders. That's worrying, to say the least. Are there horrible creatures in the Mansion? Is it that kind of Mansion? The candle-lit corridors, the dusty library, the scary Head Maid. You bite your lip. Uh oh. Maybe this is that kind of Mansion. Perhaps you should keep alert for the cracking of a whip soon.

The last book, a slim little volume bound in light pink, slips into your hand without you even trying. It falls open on a page with a full colour illustration and you can't tear your eyes away. Feeling your face go red, you snap the book shut again, looking around, as if anybody is going to see you here. You hesitate, the fingers of one hand to your mouth as you open the book again.

Oh. Wow.

The physical world has it's benefits.

[ ] Read the book.
[ ] Put it back!
>> No. 28249
[x] Read the book.

Oh, my, my, my. It seems little Sera is a per~vert.
>> No. 28250
[x] Read the book.
>> No. 28251
[x] Read the book.
And Koakuma surprises us from behind. And by 'surprise' I mean rape.
>> No. 28254
[x] Read the book.

I sense a bad end, but worth a try.
>> No. 28255
Sera used to work in Dracula's Castle Inner Quarters?

[x]Read the book
>> No. 28256
[x] Put it back
[x] Read 'Basic care for your giant spider: second edition.'

Who doesn't want his own giant spider?
>> No. 28259
[X] Read the book.

So that we may put its lessons to practice.
>> No. 28260
[x] Put it back!

Quit slacking or Patchy's going to fire us.
>> No. 28266
[x]Read the book
>> No. 28267
[X] Read the book.

Eh, why not. It'll be funny to mention it to Patchy later. Or, you know, a certain little devil might come across us reading it.
>> No. 28268
[x] Put it back!
[x] Memorize the title and/or author.
>> No. 28269
[x] Put it back!
[x] Read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas instead.
[x] If you're cold, use one of the more disposable-looking looking books as tinder to start a fire.

"We were somewhere inside Gensokyo on the edge of the Border when the drugs began to take hold..."

Show Patchouli how resourceful you are while also making it absolutely clear that you she shouldn't leave you unsupervised. I'd rather be disciplined than have to suffer the indignity of these tedious mindgames.
>> No. 28271
[X] Put it back!
[X] Read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas instead.
[X] If you're cold, use one of the more disposable-looking looking books as tinder to start a fire.

I like this. But also,
[X] Keep 'Seduction' for later

will make for HILARIOUS inventory checks.
>> No. 28275
>>28269
Patchy loves people setting her books on fire.
>> No. 28276
>>28275

So what. We only care about the opinion of the Mistress.

Patchouli: Okay little mouse you run along through the test chamber now. Be a good mouse and find the cheese.
Mouse: Fuck, I'm lost. Oh, well. Dry paper makes good kindling.
Patchouli: What the fuck are you doing?
Mouse: WE CAN'T STOP HERE THIS IS BAT COUNTRY

Come on. Remilia will find this hysterical.
>> No. 28277
You read the book.

It's quite short, only taking a little while to read. You're fascinated by every page though, one hand held nervously to your mouth as you read. The first section of the book is about basic things like eye-contact and body language, communication and this confusing thing called 'flirting'. The later sections of the book are, however, nothing short of amazing. You stare in wide-eyed wonder at the little illustrations, devouring each description and explanation, but only ending up with more questions.

People actually do this with each other? What's that part? That fits in there? Too big! Is she ... no no, that can't be right. That one looks sort of smooth, what does it feel like? And those don't do that! Do they? That one looks kind of ... nice! But so sweaty, hm.
You find your breathing has deepened, your face flushed and your mouth gone dry. This very last section here, now this is very interesting indeed. 'Knowing your own body.' You all but bite your lips at the advice. Does this apply to you? Can you ... can you do that? You close the book with shaking hands and look down at yourself.

You can do that.

Later though. Too dusty and cold here.

==

Perk Gained: Self-knowledge and Seduction.

Description: This perk allows your Fairy far more knowledge of the possibilities and limitations of her physical body (when applied to a particular task), and also allows her to apply this to other characters in a basic fashion.

Please put it to good use~

==

You put the book back on the shelf, secure in the knowledge that you've memorised what it has to say. You're not going to forget that stuff in a hurry! You stand up on slightly weak knees, swallowing heavily and enjoying the warm feeling low down in your belly.

At least you feel well-rested now, but you've still not got any idea what direction to go in. As you stand there thinking, you can hear a noise above the oppressive silence of the library. The slow, steady creak of wheels, like a cart being pushed along. As you listen, the noise gets closer and closer. Sounds like it's only two bookcases across from you.

[ ] Don't go near the noise, carry on the way you were going.
[ ] Go see who is it.
[ ] Be careful, try to look without being seen. [Grace]
[ ] Call out to the noise.
>> No. 28278
[] Call out to the noise.
Wait, no...this is a LIBRARY! For shame!

[x] Go see who it is.
>> No. 28279
[X] Be careful, try to look without being seen. [Grace]

this can only end in a hilarious way
>> No. 28282
[ ] Be careful, try to look without being seen. [Grace]
>> No. 28284
[x] Be careful, try to look without being seen. [Grace]
>> No. 28285
File 124144221895.gif - (85.26KB , 1130x636 , DR7.gif ) [iqdb]
28285
Sera is becoming quite unstoppable.

Loading ...
>> No. 28286
Trying to walk as quietly as possible, you creep past the next bookcase and then peek around the corner of the one after that. The creaking of the wheels has stopped now, replaced by the shuffling of books. Through the dark and dust of the library, about ten feet away from you is a little wooden pushcart stuffed with various books. Flitting back and fourth from the cart to the shelves is a woman.

Or, a demon? She's got little wings on her head, poking out from a long mane of perfectly smooth, deep red hair. She's easily over a foot taller than you are and very voluptuous, dressed in a long black skirt and a matching waistcoat. The oddest thing is that she doesn't appear to make any sound while moving, you can't hear her footsteps. You catch a glimpse of her face, pale and contented looking. She smiles to herself, slipping books back onto the shelves.
"Hmm hmm hmm~" You can however, hear her humming as she works.

She's beautiful. Even the head-wings don't mar the effect. She's not a fairy, and you can't help but wonder what and who she is.

[ ] Too nervous! Back away, carry on the way you were going.
[ ] Step out, greet the woman. [Optional below, may be combined.]
-[ ] Try to be presentable. [Grace]
-[ ] Work out what she is, plenty of magic in here for that purpose. [Magic]
-[ ] Wait, Patchouli's servant? [Intelligence]
-[ ] Don't look at her like that! You need to find Patchouli, not get distracted. [Willpower]
>> No. 28288
-[ ] Work out what she is, plenty of magic in here for that purpose. [Magic]
-[ ] Wait, Patchouli's servant? [Intelligence]
>> No. 28289
[X] Step out, greet the woman.
-[X] Try to be presentable. [Grace]
-[X] Work out what she is, plenty of magic in here for that purpose. [Magic]
-[X] Wait, Patchouli's servant? [Intelligence]

Copping a feel with magic.
>> No. 28290
[x] Step out, greet the woman. [Optional below, may be combined.]
-[x] Try to be presentable. [Grace]
-[x] Work out what she is, plenty of magic in here for that purpose. [Magic]
>> No. 28291
[X] Step out, greet the woman.
-[X] Try to be presentable. [Grace]
-[X] Work out what she is, plenty of magic in here for that purpose. [Magic]
-[X] Wait, Patchouli's servant? [Intelligence]

oh wow, time to test that luck with 3 throws...
>Sera is becoming quite unstoppable.
say that again if all 3 succeed.
>> No. 28293
[x] Step out, greet the woman. [Optional below, may be combined.]
-[x] Try to be presentable. [Grace]
-[x] Work out what she is, plenty of magic in here for that purpose. [Magic]
>> No. 28298
Going with

[x] Step out, greet the woman. [Optional below, may be combined.]
-[x] Try to be presentable. [Grace]
-[x] Work out what she is, plenty of magic in here for that purpose. [Magic]

As they have the most combined. Rolling dice now but might get dragged away for something if unlucky.
>> No. 28299
File 124145103278.gif - (96.48KB , 1139x716 , DR8.gif ) [iqdb]
28299
Roll against Grace~
>> No. 28300
File 124145105675.gif - (101.19KB , 1144x713 , DR9.gif ) [iqdb]
28300
And against Magic.
>> No. 28301
We're in auto-sage, so new thread either soon or after impending 7 minutes.
>> No. 28303
And as we're in auto-sage, I may as well also ask; how is this going so far? Good story? Enjoying it?
>> No. 28305
>>28303
At least magic worked out.
I enjoy it.
>> No. 28306
>>28303

Yep.