[Return]
Archived Thread

File 123884679528.jpg - (424.90KB , 1200x848 , Library.jpg ) [iqdb]
27537 No. 27537
You jerk up suddenly from your resting place, full of energy, specifically pounding into your head from the spasm of movement. You groan lightly as you bring a hand to your pulsing head and close your eyes. After letting your mind catch up with your body, you slowly open your eyes and take a look around. Examining your environment, you take in anything and everything. To your left and right, are bookcases, holding a variety of books with an empty spot here and there, many of them standing side by side, forming a pseudo-hallway. Looking up you can somewhat see the ceiling, though it seems high enough for a second floor. What you see next corrects your suspicions when you look further down the library, specifically, a second floor with more book cases and a small balcony area to look down onto the first. On the floor, which you are currently sitting on, a dark purple carpet covers the area, it feels quite comfortable. Everything feels so confusing but you feel at ease here, you're not sure why. What would you like to do?

[ ] Take out a book at random.
[ ] Wander the halls.
[ ] Call out for anyone nearby.

>> No. 27538
[x] Wander the halls.
>> No. 27541
[x] Take out a book at random.

We haven't had a protagonist that knows of touhou in quite a while, have we?
>> No. 27542
[ ] Wander the halls.

We're at ease, at ease.
>> No. 27546
File 123886752262.jpg - (196.84KB , 717x436 , 1206160661058.jpg ) [iqdb]
27546
[x] Take out a book at random.

I like books.
>> No. 27547
[x] Take out a book at random.
>> No. 27549
You get up from the ground, slowly this time, you don't want another headache. You take off for your next destination, that being, nowhere at all. Everywhere you go, you see more and more books, you occasionally glance at a few titles, shifting side to side to read off their names. Despite no one being around, it feels almost crowded with all these books, seeing so many words, and just from the titles too. You see, rather, hear something new now. As you pass a cross shaped intersection, footsteps quickly shuffle on behind you. You turn quickly to face the sound. A blond girl dressed up in a big black hat and a black dress with a white apron turns to face a new book case. She quickly glances at the titles before quickly reaching out and grabbing the books and stuffing them into a sack.

“I'll be borrowing these ze~” She moves down the shelves, picking and stuffing various books after glancing at their titles. There's something about this girl that bothers you, you can't really explain it. She hasn't looked in your direction yet, she seems quite occupied with her book borrowing. What would you like to do?

[ ] Greet the girl.
[ ] Leave her alone, keep wandering the halls.
[ ] Deliver book justice?

---

Author was already writing, sorry, wasn't expecting many votes in the first place. I will post when I call votes and start writing from now on.
>> No. 27550
>>27549
[X] Deliver book justice?

Bonk her with a copy of Crime and Punishment?
>> No. 27551
[x] Leave her alone, keep wandering the halls.

Nothing wrong with borrowing books from a library, right? Isn't that what they're for?
>> No. 27552
>>27550
[x] Deliver book justice?

BONK
>> No. 27553
Writing.
>> No. 27556
Watching this girl raggedly toss books into her sack draws out an angry feeling within you. How dare she treat them like, mere things?! They grant a wealth of knowledge and/or pleasure to the reader and should be treated with that much respect. A thick book in the nearby bookcase calls out to you, not so much calls out, but the title Crime and Punishment almost shines in your eyes as you turn to face it. Yes, this should be a worthy bringer of justice. You carefully unsheathe your ally to thwart the menace before you. Slowly, you sneak up behind her.

“Hm hm hm~ These books look good ze, into the sack you go!” The girl cheerfully says as she turns to deposit her latest spoils. It's now or never.

“Take this you fiend!” You bring down the hammer, no, book, of justice upon her, giving her a good bonk on the head.

“Ow! Wha?!” She stumbles and turns quickly to her assailant. You stare down at her, book quickly raised in a ready position to whack at her again. You think this is a good time to teach her the proper ways to handle a book. With your ally to help you administer your point should she resist.

“Now see here you, the way you're handling these books are not at all proper Ma'am. For you see-”

“Whoa! It's flying!” The girl interrupts your lecture with an inappropriate response “Now THIS I have to get!” She grabs at your book, ignoring your attempt to scold her crimes. You still have a proper hold on the book and resist her attempts to disarm you. “Come on! Quit resisting!” She grunts as she attempts to pull Justice from your hand. What do you do?

[ ] Call out for help.
[ ] Keep pulling, you can win this battle of attrition, go!
>> No. 27558
[ ] Call out for help.
[ ] Keep pulling, you can win this battle of attrition, go!

Multi vote drifting!
>> No. 27559
[x] Keep pulling, you can win this battle of attrition, go!

Why the fuck doesn't she see us?
>> No. 27560
[x] Keep pulling, you can win this battle of attrition, go!

We're a ghost. Calling it now.
>> No. 27561
Writing.
>> No. 27562
[x] Keep pulling, you can win this battle of attrition, go!
>> No. 27563
She won't bring you down yet! Oh no she won't. You'll just have to muscle yourself up and pull even harder than her. Several grunts and heavy panting emerge from your struggle.

“You won't be getting the best of me!” You tug even harder.

“Come on! I just wanna read ya! It won't hurt ze! I'll be real gentle!” She counter tugs your attempt.

“Never! I'd never let Justice fall into your hands!” You tug, with success! Her grip slips off from the book and you step back a few times to ready yourself to deliver a swift punishment for resisting. Only to nearly get whacked by the hard end of a broom stick if not for Justice's fortunate position to intercept said broom.

“If I can't take you, I'll just have to beat you 'til I can!” Her whacks increase in power and threaten to smack Justice from your grip. You step back to avoid her blows, but she pursues you relentlessly as you continue to retreat from her. Careless steps require you to bring Justice up to defend yourself, you utter a slight apology each time to your companion.

“You'll have to be wearing out now, book!” She pulls back the broom for a full attack, aimed to totally disarm you. “Take this!” With both hands she thrusts at you with all her force. Fortunately you had positioned yourself in a way to perfectly dodge her attack, foolish girl. She over thrusts and she tips over onto her face. You jump back away from her, now with a considerable distance away from her, you realize you've lead her quite a considerable distance away from the sack. If she continues to pursue you, you can save those books from the horrible entrapment that would be wherever this girl may have brought them, and considering her treatment of them, you wouldn't be surprised if she lived in a pigsty. Though you may be able to lead her away, you're not very sure if she'll maintain her interest in you any longer. She would go back to the books without a proper education to handle them and would bring them a horrible fate. What should you do?

[ ] Keep away from her, she obviously wants Justice a lot more than a sack of books, give her a wild goos- book chase
[ ] Try to teach her how to handle books properly again.
>> No. 27564
[ ] Try to teach her how to handle books properly again.
>> No. 27565
>>27563
[X] Try to teach her how to handle books properly again.

She will learn to respect books. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Such is the way of Book Justice.
>> No. 27566
[x] Keep away from her, she obviously wants Justice a lot more than a sack of books, give her a wild goos- book chase
>> No. 27567
[X] Try to teach her how to handle books properly again.
>> No. 27568
[x] Try to teach her how to handle books properly again.
>> No. 27569
Writing. And testing a trip.
>> No. 27570
The answer seems quite obvious here. Even if you manage to distract her, if she won't change her attitude towards books the true problem will never be solved. You walk up closer to her, with Justice by your side. Looking over her, she sits up and continues to watch Justice, you back away just a bit.

“Now see here.” You cross your arms “The way you're treating books are very disrespectful to what they represent. A repertoire of knowledge and-”

The broom stick swiftly comes from below, successfully knocking Justice into the air. After a stunned second, it falls to the ground.

“Hah! Not flying anymore ze!” She gets up and pokes at the book with the broom, to test if it'll fly once again. “I need to find out what made you do that. Wonder what kinda magic did that.” As she reaches to pick it up, she immediately pulls back as knives impale the ground before her.

“So it's you, again, Marisa.” A maid stands at the end of the book cases. In her hands are similar knives to the ones that impaled the ground. Behind her lies the sack of books that the girl known as Marisa had used.

“Ugh, it's the maid.” She makes a face of annoyance at seeing her. “I just wanna borrow one book this time, Sakuya. So...” She quickly mounts her broom and with a bright flash of light, she quickly scoops up Justice and flies away. Multiple knives land on the shelves and sadly on some books, as Marisa dodges Sakuya's knives. They quickly fade out of sight, though you think you hear a window breaking soon after losing sight of them. Now what?

[ ] Try to find them.
[ ] Place the books in the sack back to their spots.

---

Slow update, apologies. Testing out another trip.
>> No. 27571
[ ] Place the books in the sack back to their spots.
>> No. 27572
[x] Place the books in the sack back to their spots.

Don't mind me. Just the invisible librarian.
>> No. 27573
[x] Place the books in the sack back to their spots.

Invisible/ghost librarian? That's... different.
>> No. 27574
>>27573
>>27572

Nah, it's some kind of spell Patchouli did to help maintain the library. Unseen Servant is only a level one spell after all!
>> No. 27575
>>27570
[X] Try to find them.

I can't quit you Justice ;_;
>> No. 27576
Writing. Double testing trip.
>> No. 27577
Well, they're gone, and you don't think you can fly after them anyway. All that's left lying around now is that sack which Marisa left behind. You walk over to it and open it up. It's full of books, it's surprising how many are in here. You take off the top book and glance at the title and compare it with the books on the shelves. It's part of a series so it's not very hard to reunite it with the rest. This continues uneventfully until you finish up, there are a few books left that didn't match with any of the books nearby, probably belong to other bookcases in the library. As you organize the books from the sack you see someone at the intersection, looking for something. She notices the opened cloth sack and walks to it, she wears a simple black and white dress and has long red hair. On both her head and her back are bat-like wings. You had piled up the books that didn't seem to fit onto a single pile besides the sack and she takes a look through it.

The wings on her head twitch a little as she looks through each title in the pile. Was there anything you missed? You hope not. The girl separates some books from the pile into a small tower of its own, you suspect that those are part of a bookcase somewhere else in the library. When she finishes, she picks them all up and begins to leave by herself. You look down at the rest of the books, not too many are left, compared to what the girl has. What do you do?

[ ] Pick up the rest of the books and follow her.
[ ] Wander around the library some more.

---

Last update of the day. Apologies for low content and slow posting. I am quite inexperienced.
>> No. 27578
[ ] Pick up the rest of the books and follow her.
>> No. 27579
>>27577
[X] Wander around the library some more.

I like getting lost in libraries. You end up finding the weirdest things.
>> No. 27580
[x] Pick up the rest of the books and follow her.

Helping~
>> No. 27587
Restless. Writing, no promises.
>> No. 27589
[x] Pick up the rest of the books and follow her.
Koa~
>> No. 27590
[ze] Pick up the rest of the books and follow her.

I think we're a librarian youkai.
No, seriously. You expect to find a librarian in libraries.
Patchy is not a librarian; she's more an administrator. Koakuma is not a librarian; she's an assistant.
You expect to find a librarian in a library. Voile has been around for a good few hundred years, and with plenty of background magic building up.
Add that to Gensokyo and its "youkai-ification via faith or age" process, and pow.
Librarian youkai.
>> No. 27591
>>27590

Doesn't explain why nobody can see us though.
>> No. 27592
I like this story so far, and the twist is interesting.

Praying for a Patchy route. The dear sorceress has been neglected for far too long.
>> No. 27593
>>27591
We're really new.
>> No. 27595
>>27591
They can see us. We're the library.

...or something. I dunno. It doesn't have to make sense; it's an epileptic tree.
>> No. 27598
As she walks off, you quickly pick up the rest of the books and follow behind her. You venture a bit further into the library, making a few turns here and there. In one section of the library, as you continue to follow the girl, a hovering child stares at you two, blinking a few times. The wings on her back seem to be the cause of her aerial state. She is also wearing a maid's outfit, similar to Sakuya's. She reaches out a hand with her mouth open, probably to say something, but she stops, covering her mouth with her hand as she looks away in thought. You wonder what she was about to say until the girl you're following stops in place.

She walks toward a half-empty bookcase with various empty spots and sets down the pile to her side. You pause a bit, setting your own pile beside her. As she turns around, she gasps when she notices your pile. She looks around in confusion, her wings fluttering a bit.

After a bit of time passes, she slowly picks up two books from her pile and shuffles off to one end of the bookshelves. You look down at your own pile and notice that the titles fit in quite well with a nearby bookshelf. You quickly begin sorting the books into their spots on the shelf.

The girl comes back and looks down at your pile, its size has been cut in half from when she was last there. Her wings droop down a bit as she places her hand to her mouth, looking around nervously. She hesitates to go back to her own pile and slowly turns face and walks swiftly in another direction. What do you wish to do?

[ ] Follow her.
[ ] Organize all the books.
[ ] You're done organizing for now, wander around the library.

---

Apologies to expectant voters for the delay.
>> No. 27599
[ ] Organize all the books.
>> No. 27600
[x] Follow her.

A n-nervous Koakuma is fine too~
>> No. 27601
[x] Organize all the books.

We're helping!
>> No. 27602
[x] Organize all the books.

Our job isn't to be creepy. Our job is to restock the shelves. If we're a specter, we sure as hell better be a benevolent one, lest we get exorcised.
>> No. 27603
[x] Organize all the books.
>> No. 27611
[X] Organize all the books.
>> No. 27612
[x] Organize all the books.

Librarian Poltergeist? Sounds interesting.
>> No. 27613
[x] Organize all the books.
>> No. 27616
Writing.
>> No. 27618
Well, if she's done for now you'll finish her share of the work too.

As you finish up with the last few books you notice the same child from before. She's poking her head out from the corner of a bookshelf and is watching you work quite intensely. As you place the last book into its shelf she continues to stare in your general direction.

After a few seconds of staring at her, she slowly steps out and looks at the books you've placed.

“I didn't know Koakuma knew how to do that...” She mumbles to herself. You've not the slightest clue what she means by that, but you believe that she thinks that girl did this herself. You feel slightly insulted. What would you like to do?

[ ] Write in

---

Apologies for the short update and no prepared choices, feeling uncreative.
>> No. 27619
[x] "Hey now, I'm standing right in front of you. I organized the books, not that winged woman."
>> No. 27620
[x] "Hey now, I'm standing right in front of you. I organized the books, not that winged woman."
[x] If that fails, spell out the message with book titles.
>> No. 27621
[x] "Hey now, I'm standing right in front of you. I organized the books, not that winged woman."
>> No. 27622
>>27618
[X] "Hey now, I'm standing right in front of you. I organized the books, not that winged woman."
>> No. 27624
[+] "Hey now, I'm standing right in front of you. I organized the books, not that winged woman."
[+] If that fails, try to find a pen and paper to convey your message.
[+] If that fails, spell out the message with book titles.

Hmm…this is an interesting concept for a protagonist. Either a poor soul rendered invisible and inaudible by odd powers, or the sentient essence of Voile itself? If it’s the latter, this is going to be awesome.

I highly doubt speaking will accomplish anything right now. However, that doesn’t mean it won’t later. Patchouli, with her high library affinity, might be able to hear us if we both really try.

And when all else fails, might as well just keep sorting books. Someone’s got to do it.
>> No. 27625
Writing.
>> No. 27626
"Hey now, I'm standing right in front of you. I organized the books, not that winged woman." You declare in front of her.

She blinks once and moves on to another shelf to look at. You sigh, apparently no one can hear you as well. You concluded that no one can see you ever since you observed Marisa did not make eye contact with you, but not being able to be heard makes you feel a bit lonely. The only thing you seem to be able to do is move things around. Which gives you an idea...

A quick glance around the area spare paper or a pen turns up with nothing. It's unfortunate, finding such things would be very convenient in this situation.

While you can't make letters of your own, you could always use the letters around you to attempt to communicate. You gather a few books, taking note of where you got them. That should be enough for now, to grab her attention so you can get your entire message out.

You walk over to her carrying a few books arranged in a way to spell out “WAIT” from the first letters of each title if read from top to bottom. She notices your stack of books and freezes in place. You hope it's going to work.

A few minutes pass as she stares at the small stack of books in frozen confusion. She looks left to right, reading the titles. Goodness girl, don't you know how acrostic poems work? You need some way to make her read your message, or at least calm her down enough to try and figure it out on her own, but how?

[ ] How?

---

Slow writing, apologies yet again.
>> No. 27627
>>27626
[x] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters and words.
>> No. 27629
>>27627
Seems a bit too cumbersome and time-consuming, even if it works. I think something a bit faster and more minimalist might work better.

[+] Flip through the pages of a book until you find the word(s) you want to say on the page.
[+] Use the other books to cover up everything BUT the correct word(s).
[+] Alternatively, use a corner of one of the books to tap at the word(s) you want to convey.
[+] Remember: Try to say your messages in as few words as possible while still “speaking” coherently.
[+] “WAIT. I SORTED THOSE BOOKS, NOT THAT GIRL. I AM IN FRONT OF YOU. BUT WHY CAN’T YOU SEE ME? WHERE AM I?”

Let’s see if this works, then…
>> No. 27631
[Z] Flip through the pages of a book until you find the word(s) you want to say on the page.
[Z] Use the other books to cover up everything BUT the correct word(s).
[Z] Alternatively, use a corner of one of the books to tap at the word(s) you want to convey.
[Z] Remember: Try to say your messages in as few words as possible while still “speaking” coherently.
[Z] “WAIT. I SORTED THOSE BOOKS, NOT THAT GIRL. I AM IN FRONT OF YOU. BUT WHY CAN’T YOU SEE ME? WHERE AM I?”
>> No. 27632
>Seems a bit too cumbersome and time-consuming, even if it works. I think something a bit faster and more minimalist might work better.

So why did suggest something even more cumbersome and time consuming?

[x] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters: "HI"

As soon a she realizes we're trying to communicate, she's going to find us a pen.
>> No. 27633
[x] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters: "HI"
>> No. 27634
[x] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters: "HI"
>> No. 27641
File 123899071970.png - (28.84KB , 713x689 , 121839724371.png ) [iqdb]
27641
>>27629
Stop that.
>> No. 27643
File 123899122819.jpg - (312.19KB , 744x1052 , QuestionFlandre.jpg ) [iqdb]
27643
Aww, what'd I do wrong this time?
>> No. 27645
>>27643
Your innocent look can't fool me.
>> No. 27646
[x] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters: "HI"

Wordy votes are getting more wordy.
>> No. 27647
[x] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters: "HI"
>> No. 27659
[X] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters: "HI"
>> No. 27660
[X] Spell out the message with the books themselves, not the title. Arrange the books into letters: "UPDATE"
>> No. 27662
Forgot to mention writing. Apologies.

---

You can't wait for her to figure out your puzzle. Poor girl's probably frozen in fear now.

You place the books down on the floor in front of her, if she can't read the letters from the books, then you'll just have to make them yourself. Grabbing various books from around you, you make a vertical line, then horizontal line, below, no in the middle and another vertical to the end of it.

“Eh... H?” Whew, she's getting the message, hopefully.

You place down another vertical line.

“Uh... I? Oh, Hi.” She fidgets a bit, looking around. “This isn't a prank right...? Frisca? Is it you...? Or Sunny, or Luna, or Star...?”

You move around the books a bit more.

“No... um, okay. You sure...?” She asks.

As if she were expecting anything else.

“Yes... um okay, then who are you...?”

Hm... who are you... you don't really know. You begin placing down more books.

“Don't... Know? Huh? Why not?” She tilts her head.

How do you explain... well...

“Still... don't know... huh, you lose your memory maybe?” She suggests.

Maybe, but it still doesn't really explain your 'condition'.

“Still don't know... again. Huh, so you don't know who you are, that's kinda sad...” She frowns a bit.

It feels good to be able to communicate with someone.

“Yes. Well, um, I don't know how to really help you but... maybe miss Patchouli might know?” She says.

Will she lead you there?

“Guide? Ah, sure follow me! Um oh, but first you should put the books back.” She looks back down at the pile of books you've needed to use to make your messages.

A minute or two after book organizing... she moves on and you follow.

She looks behind her as you follow her and stops.

“Um... are you still here...?”

You grab a nearby book and show it to her.

“Ah, okay then. Gotcha”

Hm? You take a glance at the title as she continues on. The cover shows “Don't Panic” in large, friendly words. How appropriate.

On the way, you eventually see a desk with a few books on it in the distance, with two people talking to one another. You recognize one of them, it's the Koakuma girl from before. She's talking to a girl with purple hair wearing comfortable looking pajamas as well as a night cap on her head.

You leave the book on top of a nearby book pile deciding that you don't need to carry around the book any longer since there would probably be some paper and a pen where a desk would be, and if there isn't, then more work for you.

As you approach you can hear their conversation, unfortunately, you cannot understand their speech as they seem to be speaking a language you've never heard before. Though from their tones you can imagine that the Koakuma girl is a quite frightened.

“Um, miss Patchouli? You might want to know something...” The maid interrupts their lively conversation.

“Hm?” She turns to you two. “And you would be...?”

[ ] “Huh? You can see me?” Is she talking to you...?
[ ] Let the maid speak, poor girl isn't even known by the person she's working under.
>> No. 27663
[X] “Huh? You can see me?” Is she talking to you...?
>> No. 27664
[ ] “Huh? You can see me?” Is she talking to you...?
>> No. 27665
[X] “Huh? You can see me?” Is she talking to you...?
>> No. 27666
[x] Let the maid speak, poor girl isn't even known by the person she's working under.

We get to hear her say her name this way. If we're going to be doing simple labor, we'll probably work most alongside the fairies. Moreover, invisibility lends itself best to pranking.
>> No. 27667
[x] Let the maid speak, poor girl isn't even known by the person she's working under.
>> No. 27669
[X] Let the maid speak, poor girl isn't even known by the person she's working under.
>> No. 27670
[x] Let the maid speak, poor girl isn't even known by the person she's working under.

Torn.
>> No. 27671
[x] Let the maid speak, poor girl isn't even known by the person she's working under.
>> No. 27672
Writing.
>> No. 27673
>>27672

hooray!
>> No. 27674
You shake your head, poor girl.

“Ah, I'm Silvia, miss Patchouli.” The girl responds. Patchouli nods in response.

“And so, would what you want me to know about might involve the faint fluctuations in mana occurring beside you?” She looks in your general direction. So she can see you?

“Um, it might!” Silvia states. “I think... there's something like, a ghost here, the kind humans shouldn't be able to see, but it's weird, aren't ghosts supposed to be white blobby things to us?” She asks. “I remember seeing someone who came by to one of the mansion's parties and there was a ghost-thingie following this one girl. The person who came with miss um... yuyu...yuyuyu, um, the ghost lady who didn't look like a blob thing.” She stumbles a bit in her speech.

Koakuma turns to Patchouli and speaks again, they talk back and forth a few times, with Patchouli nodding occasionally.

“So it seems that the subject of our discussion is of the helpful sort.” Patchouli states.

“Well, it didn't really seem so bad, miss Patchouli, too bad it doesn't know anything about itself.” Silvia adds.

“And what do you know about it?” Patchouli questions.

“Not a thing really, it's pretty quick in organizing books and stuff, knowing where they go and all, and it can talk through making words with books, but aside from that, nadda.” Silvia shrugs.

Patchouli looks at you. “I've not witnessed something exact to your description in Gensokyo so far, if you were a ghost you'd still be faintly visible. If you won't hinder anyone here in the Voile then you may do as you wish. Though Remi may wish to have you be of some use. If you wish to continue placing various books into their rightful places, then I c-” She cuts off mid sentence, and closes her eyes and breathes slowly for a few seconds before continuing.

“I can simply inform her that you're under my employ and she will leave it at that. You also seem to understand my system of how the books are arranged quite well according to my familiar.” She turns to her desk, pulling out a small ink bottle with a quill pen as well as some paper. “If there's anything you'd like to say, please help yourself.”

[ ] Anything?

---

Apologies for slowness of update and usage of space not for update.

Need to speak with current consultant regarding work. Would prefer a talk in usual meeting place as soon as possible. Please maintain confidentiality. Confidence dwindling on quality of work.
>> No. 27675
hm, I've got the feeling that an amazing story of the same level that ASSM is born.

Also,
[What is this place]
[Who is Remi?]

...
[Who am I?] (maybe?)
>> No. 27676
[] Thank you.
[] What is this place?
[] Who are you? Who is Remi? etc.
[] Who am I?
>> No. 27677
>>27674
[X] Thank you.
[X] What is this place?
[X] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?
[X] Who am I?
>> No. 27678
[X] Thank you.
[X] What is this place?
[X] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?
[X] Who am I?
>> No. 27679
[X] Thank you.
[X] What is this place?
[X] Who are you? Who is Remi?
>> No. 27680
[x] Thank you.
[x] What is this place?
[x] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?
[x] Tell her that you would be happy to take her up on her offer.

>[x] Who am I?

She just said she didn't know what you are.
>> No. 27681
[x] Thank you.
[x] What is this place?
[x] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?
[x] Tell her that you would be happy to take her up on her offer.
>> No. 27682
[x] Thank you.
[x] What is this place?
[x] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?
[x] Tell her that you would be happy to take her up on her offer.
>> No. 27683
[x] Thank you.
[x] What is this place?
[x] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?
[x] Tell her that you would be happy to take her up on her offer.
>> No. 27684
File 123924852277.jpg - (407.57KB , 669x867 , a1bf05fd08133feb5b8a82245747cb4e.jpg ) [iqdb]
27684
[x] Thank you.
[x] What is this place?
[x] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?
[x] Tell her that you would be happy to take her up on her offer.
>> No. 27685
>>27674
>Confidence dwindling on quality of work.
I don't know about ASSM quality, but I'm rather enjoying this. The writing makes puts me in mind of something like 'WUiG: The Voile Saga' (although I'm saving it as "Limited Adventures: Voile Library").

Keep writing, you're doing great.
>> No. 27686
Forgot to vote.

[d] Thank you.
[a] What is this place?
[z] Who are you? Who is Remi? Who was the rude blond girl? Who was the one that chased her away, this 'Sakuya'?
[e] I would be delighted to take you up on her offer.
>> No. 27687
Writing, expect delays.
>> No. 27688
You gladly take up the pen, finally something to make it easier to converse. Everyone gathers around in a little circle around you, it feels somewhat weird that they're not trying to get a direct view since they can see through you anyway.

“Thank you.” You write down, it feels awkward somehow, putting down words on paper.

“You are quite welcome.” Patchouli replies. “I often write down the incantations for any spells I develop, so I am in constant need of parchment and ink. If you wish to use them, help yourself to any pen and paper among the number of desks within the Voile.”

“What is this place?” You're glad to not have to worry about making book letters from now on.

“It is both my and Remilia's library. It has been named the Voile by Remi, and I do not object. It is a collection of all the books we managed to obtain over the years.” She gently smiles.

“Who are you?” You'd like to give a proper greeting but there's not much you can really do.

“My name is Patchouli Knowledge. Co-owner and resident of the Voile. There's not much else needed to say, I spend my time accumulating knowledge from as many sources as possible if that's something you wish to know.” She says.

Koakuma asks Patchouli something and they speak a little as you continue your questioning.

“Who is Remi?” She seems to have quite a bit of influence around here.

“She would be the owner of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and an old friend of mine. She amuses herself with the natives of Gensokyo from time to time, and occasionally I get requests to join her in her escapades. She'd prefer that you ask her yourself, it would amuse her. You're bound to encounter her if you plan on working here.” She smiles again, you feel a bit uncomfortable through it.

“Who was that rude blond girl?” You've been wondering about the fiend they let run around in the library. Off in the distance of the library, you can sorta hear someone calling out for something.

“Ah, you mean the thieving rat, Marisa. She sneaks into the Voile once in a while to make off with various books like she did today, though it was only one. I thank you for your assistance in reorganizing the books she had left behind in a hurry.” She nods gratefully.

“Who was the one that chased her away, Sakuya?” She was pretty skilled with a knife.

“She's the head maid of the mansion. Talented in time and space manipulation, and skilled in throwing knives.” She says. “Though I may not be the best for giving an accurate description of her.” She looks towards Silvia, who has taken a seat to watch your conversation. She breaks out of a trance to look at Patchouli and in your pen's direction.

“Ah! Me? Well, she's not so bad of a person, I hardly see her around though, always working in a lotta different parts of the mansion. But the few times I do see her she's always doing a really, really good job!” Silvia raises her hands up in the air to emphasize her point. “A lotta fairies tried pranking her for fun but they always seem to fail and ends up with even more work being given to the ones who screw up meaning they have to clean up their own messes, usually on themselves... But she's not really mean about it! Actually, I think she even has fun with it. I mean, she can be mean, I see her scolding China a lot. O-or maybe that doesn't count...” She looks down at her feet. “She can sometimes get angry too, she's really scary at those times and no one tries anything when that happens.” Her wings droop down a bit while she speaks.

“Well, I think I've decided that I would be happy to take you up on your offer, miss Patchouli Knowledge.” You really enjoy this place, why not work here? The noise from earlier intensifies.

“Excellent, you may start whenever you wish and are allowed to make use of the various guest rooms within the library. Strange, yes, but I find them useful when I desire a softer reading area.” Patchouli comments. She didn't mention sleeping, you're somewhat unsure if the girl sleeps due to that remark. “There are many areas within the library which require organizing. Mostly from ruckus about that manage to shake books from their places as well as Marisa's stealing attempts. For your first job here in the Voile, I'd like you to accompany Koakuma to the 15th century section of the library and make use of your skills.” Patchouli then turns to Koakuma and you believe she's giving her instructions. In the meantime you can make out what's being said from all the calling out. Someone seems to be looking for Marisa.

“I've told Koakuma what to do and she will lead you to the aforementioned section of the library.” Patchouli gestures to Koakuma who then bows slightly. Koakuma brings her arm out to her side, palm up and points to a hall, that's probably the direction you'll be going. “In the meantime I'll be here, and I believe I'll be taking on your origins as a new research subject. Silvia?” Patchouli turns to her.

“Yes miss Patchouli?” She nearly jumps out of her chair, making the chair squeak a bit from sliding back.

“Would you gather some books for me?” Patchouli asks the fairy.

“Of course miss Patchouli.” She stands there for a second, then comes to her senses as she pushes out a quick bow to her compliance.

“I'll be fine here then, you two can go.” Patchouli also speaks to Koakuma, probably the same thing she just said. What would you like to do now?

[ ] Anything?

---

Tired, sun's up, retiring to bed, sun hurting eyes.
>> No. 27689
[X]Organizing books looks cool, You feel safier with a book in your hands anyway.

also,
[X]What about meals?

>>27688
>Tired, sun's up, retiring to bed, sun hurting eyes.
Don't overdo it man.
>> No. 27690
>“Excellent, you may start whenever you wish and are allowed to make use of the various guest rooms within the library. Strange, yes, but I find them useful when I desire a softer reading area.” Patchouli comments. She didn't mention sleeping, you're somewhat unsure if the girl sleeps due to that remark.

Sleep & work in the library.

>“A lotta fairies tried pranking her for fun but they always seem to fail and ends up with even more work being given to the ones who screw up meaning they have to clean up their own messes, usually on themselves... But she's not really mean about it! Actually, I think she even has fun with it. I mean, she can be mean, I see her scolding China a lot. O-or maybe that doesn't count...”

Have fun working in concert with fairies to prank the rest of the mansion.

[x] "Miss Silvia, since you seem to know more about the rest of the mansion, would you introduce me and show me around when we are done with the daily tasks?"
[x] "It has been a pleasure meeting all of you. Miss Patchouli, Miss Silvia, Miss Koakuma. You may refer to me as the Ghostwriter."
[x] "If you'd lead the way, Miss Koakuma."
>> No. 27692
[X] "Miss Silvia, since you seem to know more about the rest of the mansion, would you introduce me and show me around when we are done with the daily tasks?"
[X]Organizing books looks cool, You feel safer with a book in your hands anyway.
>> No. 27693
File 123931623460.png - (660B , 35x35 , ghostwriter.png ) [iqdb]
27693
[x] "Miss Silvia, since you seem to know more about the rest of the mansion, would you introduce me and show me around when we are done with the daily tasks?"
[x] "It has been a pleasure meeting all of you. Miss Patchouli, Miss Silvia, Miss Koakuma."
[x] "If you'd lead the way, Miss Koakuma."

>You may refer to me as the Ghostwriter."
As much as I liked that show, not entirely certain if want.
>> No. 27694
[x] "Miss Silvia, since you seem to know more about the rest of the mansion, would you introduce me and show me around when we are done with the daily tasks?"
[x] "It has been a pleasure meeting all of you. Miss Patchouli, Miss Silvia, Miss Koakuma."
[x] "If you'd lead the way, Miss Koakuma."
>> No. 27697
[x] "Miss Silvia, since you seem to know more about the rest of the mansion, would you introduce me and show me around when we are done with the daily tasks?"
[x] "It has been a pleasure meeting all of you. Miss Patchouli, Miss Silvia, Miss Koakuma."
[x] "If you'd lead the way, Miss Koakuma."
>> No. 27706
Update.
>> No. 27717
Writing.
>> No. 27718
>>27717

hooray!
>> No. 27721
You're quite curious about the mansion now, since it seems to be what the Voile is an extension of. You wave the quill pen in front of Silvia and begin writing. She blinks a bit before following your pen as you start writing.

"Miss Silvia, since you seem to know more about the rest of the mansion, would you introduce me and show me around when we are done with the daily tasks?"

“Oh! Sure, I'll be waiting here when I'm done helping miss Patchouli.” She smiles.

"It has been a pleasure meeting all of you. Miss Patchouli, Miss Silvia, Miss Koakuma." You show this to all of them.

“A pleasure as well.” Patchouli responds.

“Yeah, nice meeting you.” Silvia nods.

As you show it to Koakuma she tilts her head a bit, her eyes running across your words. Patchouli says something to her and Koakuma nods and bows to your message.

“She can't understand normal languages, only her own demonic language. She only organizes books based on the runes I inscribe onto each book in the library. I haven't had much time to teach her how to speak or read.” Patchouli explains her familiar's delay to your message.

Well that's too bad, you'd like to ask her to lead the way but now all you can do is move to where she had directed you earlier and motion with your pen for her to lead.

Not too long after passing a few bookcases do you hear a ruckus behind you, where you came from. You can hear the person you heard earlier calling out even more for Marisa. Koakuma has stopped and she turns around, stepping towards the chaos, wondering if she should go. You hear a very loud noise this time, a booming noise, as if some heavy object just fell. What do you do?

[ ] Head back.
[ ] Proceed with your duties.
>> No. 27723
[ ] Head back.

Oh no! She's going to steal more books!
>> No. 27724
[x] Head back.
>> No. 27726
[x] Head back.

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
>> No. 27730
[x] Head back.
[x] Get ready to whip out your Book-Fu.
>> No. 27732
[ze] Head back.
We need a weapon.
>> No. 27733
>>27732
Let me clarify: A weapon that isn't a book.

It just wouldn't do to crack the binding, after all.
>> No. 27736
Writing. May not finish soon, 7 minutes at most.
>> No. 27737
7 minutes happened.

Consciousness fading apolog
>> No. 27739
File 123958594220.jpg - (159.29KB , 635x656 , Book Avalanche.jpg ) [iqdb]
27739
You immediately motion to Koakuma that you'll be heading back. She nods and follows you.

As you get closer to where Patchouli and Silvia are, you hear a few more booming noises. Koakuma jumps at the noise and starts moving faster.

Upon reaching the area you notice many bookcases have fallen over, books scattered everywhere. It feels like a war zone with fallen books as the casualties. You see Silvia trying to lift up a bookcase while another girl, not too much taller than Silvia, stares in shock. She drops on her knees, still staring at Silvia's weak attempt to lift up the bookcase. She brings up her hands to the side of her head, her fingers gripping her blond hair underneath her hat. She mumbles to herself as Koakuma runs over to help Silvia. She starts shaking her head left to right, her mumblings getting louder.

The crystals hanging off the metal wings hit against each other, adding an uncomfortable sound to the girl's panic. The sounds bring you back to your senses and you immediately begin helping Koakuma and Silvia with the bookcase, bringing it back up from the floor.

Patchouli is sprawled on the floor with a book in her hand. Her breathing is weak and ragged. Koakuma kneels over Patchouli, gently shaking her while speaking to her. Silvia collapses on a chair, exhausted from the heavy lifting.

“Miss Patchouli!” Someone appears suddenly where you're looking. It's Sakuya, the maid from earlier.

“I'm sorry Sakuya.” Silvia gasps out as Sakuya looks over Patchouli. “I tried to help but I couldn't do anything.” Sakuya disappears for a few seconds from your sight and reappears yet again.

“Forget about it and help me.” Sakuya slowly picks up Patchouli and orders Silvia to get her legs. “Let's get her to a bed, the doctor is already on her way.”

Silvia gets up and follows Sakuya's orders and they walk away. Koakuma stands up and watches them go, she looks the same as earlier, wondering if she should follow or not. What do you do?

[ ] Follow them.
[ ] Stay here.
>> No. 27741
>>27739

[!/] Follow them.
>> No. 27742
[x]Follow them.
>> No. 27743
[x] Follow them.
[x] Take Koakuma with you.
>> No. 27745
>>27739
[X] Gesture for Koakuma to follow Sakuya.
[X] Stay here.
[X] Introduce yourself and ask the blond girl what happened.
[X] Start cleaning up.

Koa obviously wants to make sure her mistress is alright, which is fine. In the meantime, we can figure out what just happened and take care of the library.
>> No. 27747
[x] Gesture for Koakuma to follow Sakuya.
[x] Stay here.
[x] Introduce yourself and ask the blond girl what happened.
[x] Start cleaning up.
>> No. 27748
[X] Gesture for Koakuma to follow Sakuya.
[X] Stay here.
[X] Introduce yourself and ask the blond girl what happened.
[X] Start cleaning up.
>> No. 27749
[X] Gesture for Koakuma to follow Sakuya.
[X] Stay here.
[X] Introduce yourself and ask the blond girl what happened.
[X] Start cleaning up.
>> No. 27750
>[x] Introduce yourself

As what?
>> No. 27751
>>27750
>As what?

Patchouli's newest assistant?
>> No. 27752
>>27750
A nekkid ghost?
>> No. 27753
[d] Gesture for Koakuma to follow Sakuya.
[a] Stay here.
[z] Introduce yourself and ask the blond girl what happened.
[e] Start cleaning up.
>> No. 27754
Updates?
>> No. 27755
>>27754

On their way now, writing.
>> No. 27757
>>27755
Hooray!
>> No. 27763
File 12397861314.jpg - (39.49KB , 1023x690 , Crying.jpg ) [iqdb]
27763
You bring the feather up to Koakuma and tilt it towards the maids as they carry off Patchouli. She bows as she notices you organizing a few books near the fallen bookshelves and follows the maids.

You write down a greeting and a quick introduction regarding your new employment in the Voile thanks to Patchouli and bring it up to the blond girl. You'll ask her what happened after she's done reading. As she reads through it, eyes shifting from side to side as if in a trance, she stops on one word and her eyes widen in shock.

“Patchouli...” She mumbles. “I'm sorry.” Her face twists into a frown and her lips quiver as tears flow down her face. “I'm sorry, sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry...” The tears continue to flow from her face as she keeps on repeating that one word over and over.

Eventually she grows quieter and sobs as she stares at the ground, frozen still with dull eyes.

You wave your feather in front of her a few times to get her attention, but she doesn't respond. She's still breathing is all you can tell as the feather moves slightly from her exhaling. You don't think there's much you can do with her so you merely begin placing books back in their places and setting books meant for fallen bookcases besides them. You make sure to keep watch over her just in case she does anything, but for a long time, she doesn't do anything but kneel there, staring at the ground.

“Why am I so stupid...” The girl says suddenly. “I should just stay in my room.” She gets up as she says that. The faint chimes from her crystals hitting each other give out a low tone. She looks around her, observing the semi-chaotic mess that you managed to fix up from a complete mess, no thanks to the overturned bookcases.

She walks over to a bookcase and stares down at it. What is she planning on doing? She bends down and grips the end with one hand, and flips it up as if she were simply picking up a book.

You stare as she continues this multiple times until all the bookcases are flipped back into their original places. As she flips up the last bookcase, she looks around and glances at the books.

“I'm sorry I can't put these back right Patchy...” She then begins walking away, occasionally uttering an apology to Patchouli to herself. What do you wish to do?

[ ] Follow the girl.
[ ] Organize the rest of the books.
[ ] Look around for wherever the maids brought Patchouli.
>> No. 27765
[ ] Organize the rest of the books.

Stay on target. Eternal Librarian end
>> No. 27766
[ ] Organize the rest of the books.
>> No. 27767
[ ] Follow the girl.
>> No. 27768
>“I should just stay in my room.”

She is taking this hard.

[x] Follow the girl.

I want to suggest to Flandre that she write a letter of apology to Patchouli. While she does that, we can clean up the books for her.
>> No. 27770
>>27768 I like this better

[x] Follow the girl.
>> No. 27771
[X] Follow the girl.
>> No. 27777
>>27763
[X] Follow the girl.

Part of a librarian's job is user education. Can't we try to show her how to put the books away? Show her a book, use the pen to point out the important identifiers, put it on the shelf, then let her try? Probably get it wrong a couple times, but after correcting her, she'll probably get it after a while. It'd be a nice apology if she helped put the books away.
>> No. 27781
>>27768
But first...

"Mister Bear is flying!"
>> No. 27788
[ze] >>27768
>> No. 27789
[X] Follow the girl.
>> No. 27791
[ ] Organize the rest of the books.

Also knew theory, this protag is some kind of local god. You find gods all over every inch of Japan after all.
>> No. 27792
>>27791
>Also knew theory, this protag is some kind of local god. You find gods all over every inch of Japan after all.

One of the Eight Million Kami? I was thinking he was more like a genius loci for the Library, or even the mansion as a whole, it having a Western origin and all.
>> No. 27806
Forgot to announce writing again. Apologies.

---

You step away from your urge to help the books to their proper places, there's someone else with a need for help and you can't ignore it this time. You don't think anyone's going to suddenly appear again to help her now.

You quickly scribble down something, requesting that she wait and that you'll help her apologize.

It doesn't take much to get to her, as she's walking slowly away. As you get in front of her with your proposition in hand, she looks up at it, her blank face reading the words.

“You did nothing wrong.” There's no emotion in her voice either. “It's only me, I'm the problem. I can't do anything except break things.”

“No, you can do more.” You quickly write down. “You can also make things, you can make up what you did to P” You scribble away writing down Patchouli again, she might have another breakdown. “her, write something, like what I'm doing, tell her you're sorry, so she will know it.”

She frowns. “But they're just words on paper... that's no good.”

It's more than just words!” You can't exactly shout as you'd like to, so making the words thicker is all you really could do. “They're your feelings brought down on paper, set down on stationary so that those who are unable to hear your thoughts will be able to understand how you feel from just reading your work. Because you spend your time working on it, they are special words because they were made by you. Look around you, nothing here is just words on paper they're the hard work of thousands upon thousands of people who spent their time to deliver their thoughts, feelings, adventures, and experiences with others who eventually read through their books. You don't have to write a book, just a heartfelt letter of your most sincere apologies. I'm sure she would understand” You hand her an extra piece of paper. “Would you like to try?”

She stares at the paper, gently taking it into her hands. “I... I can't hurt anyone with just writing too, right?”

“Not at all.” You reply. “Come on, lets go somewhere where it's easier to write.” You motion with your feather and guide her back.

“Yeah, s-sure.” She follows you back to the desk Patchouli was using earlier. She takes a seat and shifts uncomfortably, looking around the desk. “Um... now what?”

“Just write. If there's something you really want to say it'll go down on paper naturally, it also helps to read out what you're writing so it won't sound awkward.” With that, you hand over your pen. She looks at it and presses it against the paper, probably not too sure how to start. In the meantime you get to work on the bookcases that she flipped up earlier, filling them up with books.

She begins to silently read out her words as she writes down her letter. "I'm sorry Patchy. I really, really mean it. It's not my fault, well no, it is, I think, I mean I don't know why it happens but I don't wanna do it again. I'm sorry Patchy. I just can't stop myself when it happens only when...” She sobs a bit but continues writing after a pause, still reading it aloud. “It's just, it's not like I don't like you or anything! I really have fun when you teach me stuff, even though I get bored and sometimes fall asleep...” She sits still for a few seconds mumbling to herself. “But it's not like you're boring or anything! Really! You're not... sometimes it just gets to be too much for me... I really, really, really, really, want you to keep teaching me, please Patchy. I don't like going crazy.”

The desk becomes completely silent, she's stopped sobbing and gradually, she starts mumbling to herself you can't hear her at all. The various books on the desk start shaking and the vibrations increase until a stack of books falls over, causing the girl to gasp. The vibrations cease and she starts hyperventilating. “No... no, no, no, no no no no no no stop it, stop it.” She wildly scratches her pen on the paper. “There, there, all gone. No more.” Her breathing slows down and after a while she begins writing again. “I really, really want to say I'm sorry but since you can't hear me, I'm writing this so you can. I'm very sorry Patchy. From, Flandre Scarlet.” She sets the quill pen down and holds up the paper. “I think... this is all I wanna say now. Um... I think I'll still go to my room, but, you know, thank you for showing me how I can tell Patchy this. I feel a lot better now. So, um, bye, whoever you are.” She begins walking away again, but she seems a whole lot more better than before.

You take a look at her paper, nearly all that was said had been written down on the paper. Somewhere near the end though, is a hastily scribbled off black spot in the paper. crazy never, don't like being crazy not at all never no don't want to be crazy bad so bad hurts people hurt them breaking breaking can't fix no can't can't no don't like stop stop... You set down the paper back on the desk. Best to just leave it for Patchouli to read later.

The desk area is cleaned up now, save for the mess on Patchouli's desk. Though she may want to read them later so you leave them alone. What would you like to do now?

[ ] Write in, because I have no clue what to place as choices.
>> No. 27807
>>27806

[x] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.
>> No. 27808
>>27806

[ ] There's no pressing need to do anything right now, no thieves to chase off or trembling girls to comfort, now would be the perfect time to settle down with a good book.

[ ] Check the shelves for something to read
>> No. 27809
[X] Organize the books that were misplaced during the ordeal, then organize those 15th century books.

I don't think the spirit of the library should be leaving the library.
>> No. 27810
>>27809

It'll be boring if we stay in the library all the time though.
>> No. 27812
>>27809
But are we "the spirit of the library"? I say we test this out.

[x] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.
>> No. 27813
[x] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.
>> No. 27815
[+] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Also, as a self-proclaimed Flandre critic, I see nothing wrong with this Flandre thus far. A sweet little girl who knows her problems and tries to prevent them, but still knows she cannot. The worst kind of insanity is knowing you’re insane, and yet being powerless to stop it.
>> No. 27816
[x] Organize the books that were misplaced during the ordeal, then organize those 15th century books.
>> No. 27817
>[ ]Organize the books that were misplaced during the ordeal.

>In the meantime you get to work on the bookcases that she flipped up earlier, filling them up with books.

>The desk area is cleaned up now, save for the mess on Patchouli's desk.

Just noting this in case it wasn't clear.
>> No. 27818
[x] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.
>> No. 27819
>>27806
>“It's more than just words!” You can't exactly shout as you'd like to, so making the words thicker is all you really could do. “They're your feelings brought down on paper, set down on stationary so that those who are unable to hear your thoughts will be able to understand how you feel from just reading your work. Because you spend your time working on it, they are special words because they were made by you. Look around you, nothing here is just words on paper they're the hard work of thousands upon thousands of people who spent their time to deliver their thoughts, feelings, adventures, and experiences with others who eventually read through their books. You don't have to write a book, just a heartfelt letter of your most sincere apologies. I'm sure she would understand”

I teared up. As a librarian, I approve.

[X] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.

Understanding the local community is important because it makes collection development decisions easier.
>> No. 27820
[X] Leave the Library and wander.

Where shall we go, I wonder~
>> No. 27821
[x] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.

Where shall this poltergeist roam?
>> No. 27822
>but she seems a whole lot more better than before
>whole lot more better
>more better
Ahem.

[x] Leave the library. Wander around for a bit.
>> No. 27823
[X] Leave the Library and wander.

A BRAVE NEW WORLD OUT THERE
>> No. 27825
Writing, may not update soon however.
>> No. 27842
>>27825

hooray!
>> No. 27872
There's not much you can do now. Koakuma, who was to lead you to the 15th century book area is probably tending to Patchouli. To try and fix up a place you don't know the location of would not be a very good idea in a place as large as this. Logically, it would make sense.

You also ponder perusing through a book, after all, that speech of yours fired up the book lover within you and you'd like to spend some time with a good book to relax yourself. Flipping through the pages, in a comfortable chair. Yeah, it would be a very calm moment, a fine way to settle down after your passionate monologue.

Your curiosity does get the better of you however, while books can display the outside world to those who read it, to get a view of the outside world which is the cause of said books certainly seems like something you'd enjoy. Well, by 'outside world' you mean the mansion the Voile is connected to. Though you wouldn't doubt there to be at least a series of books dedicated to the mansion and it's vast library, probably in the Voile itself as well.

Shouldn't be too hard to find the exit, follow Flandre, she did say she was going to her room. It'd make sense to be in the mansion, right? She's long gone from sight however, you can hear the occasional chime of her crystals in the distance. You head off to go for a little adventure of your own. You take a turn whenever you hear the chime in another direction, following your basic senses. Merely following the tone of the girl gets dull after a while and you begin glancing through book titles as you continue on.

As time passes, noting the interesting labels among the books along with following the chimes, you notice something off, these titles are very familiar. In fact, you just organized these books! You notice you're back at the desk area, and you're not alone this time.

Sakuya is here, dusting off various things on the desk and generally cleaning up the area. You must have lost track of time as well as the location of Flandre from the book browsing you did. You notice her looking down at the letter Flandre wrote. What do you do now?

[ ] Introduce yourself to Sakuya
-[ ] Ask Sakuya something (What?)
-[ ] Thank her for helping Patchouli
-[ ] Tell her you helped Flandre write that letter, but only with a few guiding words.
[ ] Ignore her, keep looking for the exit.
>> No. 27873
[X] Introduce yourself
[X] "Hi, im the neighborhood book-organizing spirit."
[X] Thank her for helping mistress Patchouli
>> No. 27878
[X] Introduce yourself to Sakuya
-[X] Thank her for helping Patchouli
>> No. 27886
[x] Introduce yourself to Sakuya
-[x] Thank her for helping Patchouli
-[x] Tell her you helped Flandre write that letter, but only with a few guiding words.

Don't throw it away Sakuya! ;_;
>> No. 27888
[x] Keep watching her. See what she does with it, if anything, and what her emotional reaction is.
-[x] When she leaves check to see if it'd been altered in any way.
[x] Follow her a bit, then introduce yourself, as junior librarian.
-[x] Thank her for helping Patchouli.

There's no reason to advertise just how much we were involved. Sakuya in most characterizations is highly suspicious of interlopers, and may decide to alter or remove the letter just because. While I'm hoping she isn't, there's still no reason to let her know our involvement. The important thing is that Patchouli gets to read it in full:

>"I'm sorry Patchy. I really, really mean it. It's not my fault, well no, it is, I think, I mean I don't know why it happens but I don't wanna do it again. I'm sorry Patchy. I just can't stop myself when it happens only when...” She sobs a bit but continues writing after a pause, still reading it aloud. “It's just, it's not like I don't like you or anything! I really have fun when you teach me stuff, even though I get bored and sometimes fall asleep...” She sits still for a few seconds mumbling to herself. “But it's not like you're boring or anything! Really! You're not... sometimes it just gets to be too much for me... I really, really, really, really, want you to keep teaching me, please Patchy. I don't like going crazy.”

She is suffering and she wants help. I'm afraid that Sakuya or Remilia may not be happy with any attempts on our part to change the status quo.
>> No. 27897
[+] Introduce yourself to Sakuya
[+] Thank her for helping Patchouli
[+] Tell her you helped Flandre write that letter, but only with a few guiding words.

Nothing wrong with introducing yourself as the new kid in town. We've got no reason to distrust Sakuya right now; might as well tell her what you've been doing.

>>27888
Paranoid much? Let's not judge the book by her cover just yet.
>> No. 27898
[X] Introduce yourself
[X] Thank her for helping mistress Patchouli
>> No. 27899
[+] Introduce yourself to Sakuya
[+] Thank her for helping Patchouli
[+] Tell her you helped Flandre write that letter, but only with a few guiding words.
>> No. 27900
[x] Introduce yourself to Sakuya
[x] Thank her for helping Patchouli
[x] Tell her you helped Flandre write that letter, but only with a few guiding words.
>> No. 27902
[~] Introduce yourself to Sakuya
[z] Thank her for helping Patchouli
[e] Tell her you helped Flandre write that letter, but only with a few guiding words.
>> No. 27904
Writing.
>> No. 27905
>>27904
Hooray!
>> No. 27937
Updates?
>> No. 27938
>>27937

He'll probably update in 7 minutes.
>> No. 27940
You watch Sakuya read through the paper for a few seconds, she doesn't seem to think much of it. Utilizing your trusty feather, you wave it in front of her in order to gain her attention.

“So you're Miss Patchouli's new research subject as well as her new assistant. You really are invisible aren't you. Hm.” You begin to write down a question about how she knows who you are before she interrupts you. “Silvia and Miss Patchouli already informed me about you, I came here to assist you but it seems that you're quite capable of handling very large messes, for books that is.”

You take an empty sheet of paper and begin your efforts to communicate.

“Thank you for the compliment. I've heard about you from Miss Patchouli as well, the head maid of the mansion, impressive.” You keep to yourself about Silvia's description about her, it's not exactly anything bad, but who knows how she would react to statements about her character.

“Well, thank you as well. You've saved me quite a bit of time through fixing up these books.” She smiles gratefully. “Rather... you saved me the effort, yes.” She chuckles a bit, was that some sort of inside joke?

“Well, thank you very much for assisting with Patchouli's predicament. I am still unfamiliar with the various rooms in the Voile, I must have gotten lost and arrived here when attempting to leave, very confusing indeed.” With that, she chuckles again. Another inside joke? Or does she just like to laugh?

“It's not unexpected that you got lost, there are some tricks to this library that makes it a labyrinth, but not quite, entirely like a true labyrinth. A true labyrinth is a very simple path with no deviations in direction making it quite impossible to get lost if one walks along the single path.” She smiles proudly. “One of the tricks of the Voile is that once one recognizes a single place as a destination one may wish to return to, they will have no problem returning as long as they walk in a singular direction and fully intent to arrive at their destination. A memory system if you could call it that. The second trick is that when one loses sight of their destination and becomes confused or otherwise unable to recognize where they are. They are directed to the exit, allowing passing servants to tend to the confused individual. This is uncommon and typically happen to victims of the fairies that succumb to their mischievous nature. A sort of... ejection system, I don't know what else to call it. Though, one can venture through the library without being escorted out by the ejection system, to try and venture into parts of the library without foreknowledge would certainly take a long amount of time. This is solved with the third and final trick, those who have locations in memory may guide others to various parts of the library so that they may have it memorized as well. A guidance system.” She pauses. “However, it is strange that you arrived here as a result of being lost. The ejection system makes use of the memory system to allow one to return to the exit in one piece. While there are some deviations, which have been tested throughly before this had taken place, each of them resulted in the lost person to arrive at a place which would be considered an exit that is, outside of the library's system.” She moves her hands to the sides gesturing around the desk area. “As you can see, there is no exit to the library here.”

“Amazing.” You write down, that is all you can truly say. “Is that how you were able to arrive so suddenly to the scene?”

“Not exactly.” She smiles again. “It's a talent of mine actually, take a look.” She turns her hand to your paper, driving you to look down at it.

'Impressive, right?' Is on the paper, in a very elegant font. “Yes, very.” You write down. Just what sort of trick was that? “Are you a magician as well?” You write down on instinct. Wait. Something feels terribly wrong about what you just wrote.

“No, not at all. In fact-”

You can't bring yourself to fully listen to her. Something definitely feels wrong here.
How could you relate to that feat as a sort of magic?
What experiences do you have with magic?
Anything?
To say 'As well'? This implies you've met a magician. You've met one?
Yes, yes, you have, calm down, Patchouli did mention she noticed you through fluctuations in mana.
And she mentioned writing spells down.
But... how can you believe all this? How do you know this to be normal?
How do you know any of this? There are no experiences for you to recall.
It dawns on you that you have no understanding of what you really are. You merely accepted that you existed and there was nothing but that to drive you. You have knowledge of uncommon things yet, you cannot recall just how you attained these various knowledges. Just what- “e... Excuse me?” Oh no, you've completely ignored her and she was asking you something. Just as you were in the middle of a thought, drat. It'll be rude to keep her waiting though.

“I'm terribly sorry, I believe I misheard you. What was it that you asked?” You scribble down.

“I asked if you were present when the young madam had written this letter.”

“Oh! The letter! Yes, yes I was there, in fact I had to convince her to write it down, though none of those words are mine. Forgive me, I was going to mention this little tidbit to you but had preoccupied myself with my own silly thoughts. Please forgive me.”

“It's quite all right, I get that way myself sometimes.” An honest giggle comes out from her. “So you say you helped her with this letter then.”

“That is correct. Due to the incident the poor girl began loathing herself, you could feel it from merely looking at her. I won't deny that I may have accidentally done something to assist in her despair but I encouraged her to transcribe those feelings down so that others may look down at it and understand her true feelings at that moment in time. I do hope that was enough to settle her down, she certainly seemed better as she left.”

“I see.” She takes out a pocket watch and checks the time. “If you would please wait a moment.” She disappears from your sight. Oh, if only you got that explanation from her earlier, you'd understand just how that happens, she certainly seemed to be in a mood to explain many things to you. You wonder just what it was she left for and take a quick glance around the area... hold on a second, the letter! It's gone! What happened to it? Did she take it? What could she have done with it? No wait, calm down it's fine, you can just ask her when she's, oh, she's back. Just as she was before, except the letter is no longer on the desk.

“What happened?” You ask. “Where's the letter?”

“I've merely brought it to where it belongs... yes. Now,” She takes a glance at her pocket watch again. “I really must be going, busy busy and all that.”

She disappears yet again, leaving you alone in the desk area. What to do...?

[ ] Well you could
>> No. 27941
You hear someone approaching the desk area. A familiar voice, accompanied by an unfamiliar one.

It's Silvia, she hovers into the area with another fairy.

“So... Which ones were the ones Patchy wanted?” The other fairy asks.

“I... think she said she wanted the ones on the right side, or was it left side... no, the right side. Yeah, the ones she was going to read she said.” Silvia responds.

“Got'cha, so... 'bout this perma-invisible ghost-youkai-person-freaky thingie...”. She picks up a small stack of books from the right side piles and turns to Silvia. “Think we can use 'em to finally get one onto Sakuya?”

Silvia hums a bit to herself, considering the question as she takes another stack from the right side pile. “Dunno... maybe. We should ask if we get a chance to talk.” She looks around, not apparently noticing your feather. “Might be around here still.”

“Whoa really?” The other fairy shifts her eyes about cautiously. “So this's how it feels when ya don't know if you're being watched or not.” She shivers. “Ha ha! Wow! That is an awesome feeling! Come on! If you're around here, say somethin'!”

“Daisy...” Silvia sighs. “Let's just go, Miss Patchouli wants to read these as soon as she can.”

“Fiiine.” Daisy adjusts her grip on the books she has and heads back.

It seems that they're going to be meeting with Patchouli. You decide to follow them, there are some things you'd like to ask Patchouli about. But, what to do on the way?

[ ] Write-in.

---

Probably getting too wordy. Overly ambitious. Apologies for the delay. Do readers prefer shorter updates or updates like so?

Autosage in sight? What title would readers prefer to have in the next thread?
>> No. 27942
Shorter updates would be prefered. But I can only speak for myself.

[x] How would it feel to spook someone? You've gotten quite curious form overhearing the two girls. How would it feel being spooked?
>> No. 27943
If by shorter, you mean faster, than by all means, shorter updates.

[X] How would it feel to spook someone? You've gotten quite curious form overhearing the two girls. How would it feel being spooked?

As for the name....
How about "An Errant Soul in the Voile"?
>> No. 27944
[X] How would it feel to spook someone? You've gotten quite curious form overhearing the two girls. How would it feel being spooked?

Obvious scare tactics won't work here, the two already know we exist. Go go ambient horror.

Also, I fucking love long updates. Once I start reading, I just cannot stop, and if an update is too short, I'll end up reading the past four or five updates, just for kicks.
>> No. 27945
I like this Sakuya. She isn't tsundere in the least.
>> No. 27946
Hmm…why not play a prank and help the fairies out at the same time?

[+] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[+] Tap one of them on the shoulder, and take a book off the top of her pile while her head is turned (tickle the side of their face if the tap doesn’t work).
[+] Do the same with the other fairy. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[+] Keep snatching books until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.

This way, you lighten the load on the little fairies while still playing a book-related prank on them. Sounds good to me!
>> No. 27948
>>27946
This is mean. I am disappointed.
>> No. 27949
>>27940
Well, Sakuya's description of the Voile's mechanics just nailed down the perfect name for this story: House of Leaves.

Especially perfect if you use "leaves" in the British sense. ...Which was sort of the point of the book's title, granted. But here, it's even more applicable.

I guess this makes us the minotaur.
>> No. 27950
[x] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[x] Tap one of them on the shoulder, and take a book off the top of her pile while her head is turned (tickle the side of their face if the tap doesn’t work).
[x] Do the same with the other fairy. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[x] Keep snatching books until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.
>> No. 27951
File 124078824926.jpg - (407.36KB , 800x800 , 1235757184909.jpg ) [iqdb]
27951
>>27945

Yes! Finally, the ditz moe Sakuya of our dreams has come to make tea and wash dishes. And she's all outta dishes~

>>27948

You're right, we can do better.

[x] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[x] Lift Daisy's skirt.
[x] Tickle Silvia's bottom. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[x] Keep entertaining yourself in this manner until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.

Wonder if anyone will take this seriously, one can hope so~
>> No. 27952
[X] How would it feel to spook someone? You've gotten quite curious form overhearing the two girls. How would it feel being spooked?
>> No. 27953
>>27951

Scorn, man. Scorn.

I love you.

[X] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[X] Lift Daisy's skirt.
[X] Tickle Silvia's bottom. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[X] Keep entertaining yourself in this manner until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.
>> No. 27954
[X] How would it feel to spook someone? You've gotten quite curious form overhearing the two girls. How would it feel being spooked?
>> No. 27955
[x] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[x] Lift Daisy's skirt.
[x] Tickle Silvia's bottom. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[x] Keep entertaining yourself in this manner until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.

Can't resist this.
>> No. 27956
[x] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[x] Tap one of them on the shoulder, and take a book off the top of her pile while her head is turned (tickle the side of their face if the tap doesn’t work).
[x] Do the same with the other fairy. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[x] Keep snatching books until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.
>> No. 27957
[+] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[+] Tap one of them on the shoulder, and take a book off the top of her pile while her head is turned (tickle the side of their face if the tap doesn’t work).
[+] Do the same with the other fairy. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[+] Keep snatching books until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.
>> No. 27958
[x] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[x] Tap one of them on the shoulder, and take a book off the top of her pile while her head is turned (tickle the side of their face if the tap doesn’t work).
[x] Do the same with the other fairy. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[x] Keep snatching books until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.
>> No. 27959
[x] Walk behind them, but be quiet.
[x] Lift Daisy's skirt.
[x] Tickle Silvia's bottom. Remember to stay as sneaky as possible!
[x] Keep entertaining yourself in this manner until you’re found out. In either case, follow them to Patchouli.
>> No. 27960
[X] How would it feel to spook someone? You've gotten quite curious form overhearing the two girls. How would it feel being spooked?
>> No. 27962
Writing. Possibility of combining votes.
>> No. 27963
>>27962

In a new thread.
>> No. 27964
File 124089380178.jpg - (70.89KB , 600x600 , 2252685.jpg ) [iqdb]
27964
>>27963
Some minor spamming to put this on the auto-sage and make it complete.
>> No. 27965
File 124089382945.jpg - (143.66KB , 480x640 , 356113.jpg ) [iqdb]
27965
>> No. 27966
File 12408938497.jpg - (151.03KB , 750x600 , 1964272.jpg ) [iqdb]
27966
>> No. 27967
File 124089386944.jpg - (68.20KB , 450x588 , 570227.jpg ) [iqdb]
27967
>> No. 27969
File 124089393088.jpg - (126.78KB , 404x600 , 811985.jpg ) [iqdb]
27969
>> No. 27970
File 12408940524.jpg - (378.41KB , 800x800 , a220f64f7033c718215156ecc8ccfd98.jpg ) [iqdb]
27970
For good measure, some additional love for my favorite librarian.
>> No. 27986
update
>> No. 28500
Joy, yet another story I like is dead.
>> No. 28522
File 124193833784.png - (559.49KB , 768x1083 , 28601.png ) [iqdb]
28522
WHY DID THIS STORY DIE?!

;_;
>> No. 28528
>>28522

Because author is a cruel and hateful man, giving this story life just to simply take it away.
>> No. 28607
If nothing is written sometime soon, I may very well have to hijack this story. This concept can't die like this.
>> No. 28631
>>28528

A miserable pile of slow and indecisiveness.

THP need not a writer such as me.

>>28607

Willing to discuss and share all plans if all hope is certainly lost on this side, on IRC preferably? Please reply here to arrange meeting if so desired.
>> No. 28656
>>28631
Fair enough; provide a name that I can harass this weekend/the coming week. Absent that, please look of a letter in triplicate to address regarding the fate of this story. The faggotry currently involved makes the mind reel
>> No. 28696
Discussions for hijack: In session.
>> No. 28713
>>28631
>THP need not a writer such as me.

Bullshit, I say, good sir.