[Return]
Archived Thread

File 123027183763.jpg - (23.15KB , 428x438 , remilia.jpg ) [iqdb]
24933 No. 24933
Testing Server Connection.
Connection Resolved.
Loading Scenario: Day 4, Late Morning

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

Can you remember the number of times you've eaten bread?

>> No. 24936
File 123027839064.jpg - (157.45KB , 459x640 , flandre.jpg ) [iqdb]
24936
Flandre Scarlet rarely had visitors. She stayed in a room deep in the basement of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Food and drink were brought down for her, as she rarely stepped out of her room. She was not a prisoner, however. In fact, there existed no prison that could contain her power.

Long ago, her sister told her to stay in her room. She said that it was not safe for her to step out. The maids would take care of her if she needed anything. She didn't need to worry; everything she wanted would be brought down for her - toys, books, clothes, and anything else that she might want.

Over the years, she grew accustomed to this kind of life. Her sister would come down to visit from time to time, and the maids took care of her needs. Patchouli would even come to teach her every so often, though her lessons were often tedious and difficult to understand. There was little reason to think of escaping, for while it was a little strange, she did understand that she led a pretty happy life.

Flandre trusted her sister. She loved her, and not once did she doubt her good intentions. Sometimes, she missed her sister's visits, which were growing rarer over the years, but she knew that Remilia was now the head of the Scarlet family. All she needed to do, as her little sister, was to believe in her.

Of course, that is not to say that she never stepped out. Every once in a while, she would climb the spiraling staircase and walk around the Mansion. She would often take a short walk in the garden, or have a chat with the gatekeeper, but she never left the grounds. Besides the shrine maiden and the black-white, she rarely spoke with her sister's guests. She never had guests of her own.

This is the reason why, on that fateful day, she was surprised when a stranger stepped into her room. He knocked before entering, of course, but Flandre noticed something right away when he entered - this person was a human. There was little that stood out from his manner of dress, but she did note that he wore a pair of silver-rimmed glasses upon his face.

He introduced himself cordially as one of Remilia's guests. There was nothing at all special about this person; nothing unusual or peculiar about the way he acted and spoke. But why was it that Flandre felt something different from him?

"Would you like to come with me upstairs?" he asked suddenly.

"E-eh?" she stammered.

"I thought you might enjoy some company, and some fresh air is always good," he said. "Are you busy with something?"

"Busy? No, not busy! I only have some books and toys as company," she said.

"Then come and spend time with this lonely stranger," he said, taking her hand deftly before she could argue.

As they climbed up the stairs, he continued to talk. He spoke of anything and everything - the blue sky, the warm weather, the lack of good tea in the kitchen, the latest spell card duel her sister fought - and Flandre could do little more than nod and smile in response. Something else was on her mind, keeping her distracted.

His hands were so warm.
>> No. 24949
>Can you remember the number of times you've eaten bread?

Is this some trick question?
>> No. 24951
>>24949

Remilia says it in EoSD
>> No. 24957
>>24951
The correct answer was "Thirteen. I prefer Japanese food." but now I can't give it anymore. :
>> No. 24962
File 123032320946.png - (71.15KB , 286x542 , Zeppeli RAGE.png ) [iqdb]
24962
>Can you remember the number of times you've eaten bread?
>> No. 24968
MONSTER! HOW MANY BLOODS HAVE YOU SUCKED!
>> No. 24970
>Can you remember the number of times you've eaten bread?
I finally figured out what these odd little comments at the beginning of Server threads remind me of:
Kagetsu Tohya.
>> No. 24980
File 123038096767.jpg - (46.78KB , 338x400 , sakuya.jpg ) [iqdb]
24980
Loading User Commands:
[X] Take a peek outside.
[X] Form another character using the devices. (Blessing)

---

These things - they don't belong here. While this clock tower might be full of strange mechanical parts and clockwork creatures, these devices are simply too modern to be a part of it. They are far too advanced for this tower, and even for Gensokyo as a whole. This technology should only exist in the Outside.

Where did they come from? Someone must have set up the circle of light only recently. There is hardly any dust on any of the mirrors and lenses, in contrast to the walls and floor.

Grey can't leave the circle arranged like this. Rearranging the devices can't be too dangerous, can it? The most he can lose is his life, in any case. As carefully as he can, he begins changing the angle and position of the mirrors and lenses.

He ignores the loud crashes outside as he focuses on his work. The blue light hits his hands a few times as he moves the devices, but it bounces harmlessly off his gloves. As the character for "Curse" is being changed, the blue light suddenly changes into white light.

Startled by the change, Grey steps back, but nothing else happens. He returns to his work, and after several minutes, he finally completes rearranging the mirrors and lenses, forming a new character at the center of the circle.

"Blessing," he reads aloud.

Somehow, the air suddenly feels lighter than before, as if some heavy burden was lifted. Most likely, it was enough to bend one or two of the devices out of place, as the light changed color as soon as he did so. However, since he rearranged the position and angle of several more, the circle's original pattern will be difficult to restore.

Satisfied with his work, he heads back to the door to check on Sakuya. She might be skilled, but by the sound of it, she must still be battling the clockwork guardian.

Grey steps by the entrance to peek outside, but the outer room is filled with dust and smoke. He can barely see a few yards in front of him, but he can hear several loud crashes from the right side of the room.

Without warning, something crashes hard against a nearby wall. Grey takes a glance at it and recognizes the figure instantly, to his dismay.

"Sakuya!" he cries out.

Sakuya groans weakly as she tries to get up. There are several cuts and bruises on her arms and legs; some of them look pretty deep. Her dress has been torn in several places. She holds a single knife tightly as she winces in pain. With such injuries, it is a wonder that the chief maid is still conscious.

A growing shadow suddenly looms over Sakuya. Grey looks up to see the guardian preparing to launch itself at her. If this attack hits, Sakuya might not stand up again.

Grey doesn't have much time...
[ ] Push Sakuya out of the way.
[ ] Try to distract the guardian with your weapon.
[ ] Plead with the guardian.
[ ] Escape from this place alone.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 24981
[†] Push Sakuya out of the way.



Be a MAN!
>> No. 24990
[x] Push Sakuya out of the way.

Heroic sacrifice, why are you so idiotic and appealing?
>> No. 24991
[ ] Use all available AP to shoot the head with your weapon
[X] Push Sakuya out of the way.
>> No. 25000
[x] Try to distract the guardian with your weapon.

We might not even get there in time, and end up being crushed with her. Play your strengths, Anon: Distracting the opponent with your presence is a Charisma-based check.
>> No. 25002
File 123041412341.jpg - (141.28KB , 850x680 , ed519f23281d3ea3079b8d9b73220177.jpg ) [iqdb]
25002
[!/] Using a diving tackle to get Sakuya (and yourself) out of way.
>> No. 25004
[X] Using a diving tackle to get Sakuya (and yourself) out of way.
[X] Try to distract the guardian with your weapon.

I see no reason why we cannot do both at once.
>> No. 25009
> Somehow, the air suddenly feels lighter than before, as if some heavy burden was lifted.

I'm feeling lucky.

[x] Using a diving tackle to get Sakuya (and yourself) out of way.
[x] Try to distract the guardian with your weapon.
>> No. 25010
[x] Using a diving tackle to get Sakuya (and yourself) out of way.
[x] Try to distract the guardian with your weapon.
>> No. 25011
Choreography by John Woo.
>> No. 25012
>>25011

Will there be doves?
>> No. 25013
>>25012

There fuck well better be.
>> No. 25016
OP's picture is incredibly distracting.
>> No. 25017
File 123045113845.jpg - (52.29KB , 800x800 , sakuya.jpg ) [iqdb]
25017
Loading User Commands:
[X] Try to distract the guardian with your weapon.
[X] Push Sakuya out of the way.

---

"Get away from her!" cries Grey as he draws his weapon.

Against this monstrosity, the gun looks pitifully small in his hand. The Mauser C96 is an early semi-automatic pistol, and while effective against infantry, he seriously doubts its effectiveness against the guardian. The clockwork spider might be better compared to tank, in this case, and small arms don't do much against tanks. Unfortunately, he doesn't have anything else with him, so he doesn't have much choice.

Suddenly, Grey remembers the violin in his room. For some reason, he felt like he should have brought it earlier. He doesn't understand why he recalls it now; it's not like he can play something to soothe this obviously savage beast.

The guardian turns its head slightly toward the newcomer. It pauses before silently observing Grey, perhaps in order to size him up. After a few seconds, the creature releases steam from its joints, as if relaxing itself. The spider clicks its mandibles lazily as a strange mechanical device pops out from its mouth.

"Threat... level... minor..." it says with a rasping, mechanical voice.

"You don't belong in this world!" cries Grey as he aims the pistol at the beast's head. "Die, monster!"

In a few seconds, he manages to empty his weapon at the abomination. Only a few shots hit the head directly; most of them hit the larger body or miss completely. He continues pressing the trigger, not realizing that it has no bullets left. Unfortunately, the bullets just bump harmlessly off the creature's head and body. The creature clicks its mandibles excitedly, as if amused by his futile attack.

"What are you doing?" says Sakuya weakly as she manages to stand herself up against the wall. Without warning, she throws a knife at Grey, narrowly missing his head.

"Just get out of here, you damn idiot!" she cries out, in desperation.

Escape from this place alone? For some reason, just the thought of that cowardly option causes Grey to wince. It was his fault that they were in this situation. He insisted that there was something they needed to find in this cursed place, even if it was dangerous. And even if Sakuya's powers don't work here, even if she had no reason to believe him, she had trusted him completely.

The guardian turns its head back toward Sakuya. It bends its legs as it prepares to finish her off. With her injuries, there is no way she can survive this attack.

Sakuya trusted him, and now she was going to die. Was he going to just stand and watch? Was he going to run away without looking back? Was there anything else he could do? Anything at all?

Grey smiles, despite himself. Right then and there, he really wished he could do a diving tackle to get Sakuya and himself safely out of harm's way. Using his sudden and unexplainable martial ability, he would save the day, maybe even kick the guardian's head in just for laughs. He would walk out of the tower, shirt torn and battle-damaged, carrying Sakuya in his arms, and just as he steps out, doves would scatter all around them.

Unfortunately, he knows that he was far from athletic, and such a feat is reserved for kickass movies. Therefore, what he is about to do could only be described as completely stupid.

Grey holsters his weapon as he breaks out into a run toward Sakuya. Her eyes widen as she realizes what he is doing. She opens her mouth, but before she can argue, he manages to shove her away from the wall. A large shadow suddenly falls upon him.

He manages to smile at Sakuya weakly, and at that single moment, he notices something odd about the chief maid's face. He curses himself quietly as he watches her eyes grow damp. Is she crying?

"I really am an idiot," he manages to mutter to himself. Not only is he going to die, but he did the unforgivable - he made this elegant and perfect maid shed tears.

The guardian lands heavily upon him, crushing a large portion of the wall and floor into pieces. For some reason, he doesn't feel as much pain as he expected. His vision blurs steadily, then everything turns to black.
>> No. 25018
File 123045126715.jpg - (98.62KB , 409x800 , sakuya_red.jpg ) [iqdb]
25018
Sakuya watches helplessly as Grey lays lifeless under the guardian's legs. Slowly, the creature turns around to face her. Its current ability is far beyond what she can deal with. It upgraded itself several times during the battle. There is no way for her to win. If anything, she should be thinking of a way to escape while she still can. But for some reason, her body refuses to take a single step back.

"Minor... threat... terminated..." croaks the guardian mechanically.

"..."

"Completing... duty..." it says as it faces the chief maid.

The creature takes a step forward toward Sakuya. The ground rumbles as it approaches her cautiously.

"Duty..?" mutters Sakuya.

Sakuya quickly dries her eyes. As she wipes off the last tear, she glares back at the clockwork guardian with fiery red eyes. She pulls out a knife from her dress and points it at the creature.

"Duty." she repeats calmly.

Suddenly, with a crazy smile upon her face, she looks up at the guardian.

"Aah, the cleaning never ends!" exclaims the chief maid. "And again, you're hindering the cleaning~"

...

He can feel it all over his arms and legs, like he is being torn apart and put back together again. This agony is excruciating; this is unbearable. This pain is too much for him. Can't this pain end already? He would much rather die than be in this kind of pain.

"..."

Grey struggles with himself to open a single eye. Slowly getting up, he cringes as his whole body feels bruised all over, from top to bottom. He barely manages to sit himself up.

Somehow, he is still alive.

His wonder at this unexpected discovery is suddenly interrupted by a loud crash. He turns his head, however painful his neck is, to observe the commotion.

With renewed vigor, Sakuya is fighting relentlessly against the clockwork guardian. She seems to be pushing it back, but as Grey looks closer, he realizes that the chief maid isn't any healthier. In fact, she seems to be pushing herself recklessly against the creature.

With her injuries, it is only a matter of time before she collapses from exhaustion. If this continues, Sakuya is going to die. There must be something else he can do.

There must be a way.

[ ] Vicious, 「Festival of Steel」
[ ] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
[ ] Valor Sign, 「Heroic Rescue」
[ ] Custom
>> No. 25019
[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
Charisma, motherfucker.

In before we save Sakuya but she freaks out at our commanding tone mirroring the nightmare.
>> No. 25020
[x] Vicious, 「Festival of Steel」
>> No. 25021
>>[ ] Vicious, 「Festival of Steel」
I'd choose this but...

[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
This sounds to me it would fit our Charisma type characteristics more...
>> No. 25022
{X} Vicious, 「Festival of Steel」
>> No. 25023
c[] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
>> No. 25024
[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
>> No. 25025
[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
>> No. 25026
[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」

We already tried a heroic rescue, and vicious isn't our style.
>> No. 25030
We're lucky to even have this second chance.

[X] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」.

Play on our strengths, shall we? So we don't actually die this time (or get Sakuya killed...).
>> No. 25032
File 123049851238.jpg - (32.14KB , 480x628 , 66dfdedf51a508d97417c89943aa9b06419a4dd2.jpg ) [iqdb]
25032
I disregard that I cannot defeat this clockwork guardian.

[X] Custom: ULTIMATE SIGN MEIDO ATTACK

ALSO: there is no place for weak in the Scarlet Mansion...
>> No. 25033
File 123049953682.jpg - (77.68KB , 400x550 , 1213867440298.jpg ) [iqdb]
25033
>>25032

gb2/makingfoodonlywithanapron/
>> No. 25035
[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」

In before we command Sakuya to strike its weak-point for massive damage.
>> No. 25041
File 123052161720.jpg - (17.85KB , 300x225 , FSN_GILGAMESH.jpg ) [iqdb]
25041
[x] Vicious, 「Festival of Steel」
>> No. 25047
[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」

Fuck yeah command spell.
>> No. 25048
Vicious Command, 「Master's Steel」
>> No. 25055
Calling it.
[x] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
>> No. 25056
File 123060072282.jpg - (144.91KB , 628x938 , the_chariot.jpg ) [iqdb]
25056
Loading User Commands:
[X] Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」

---

Sakuya can't possibly defeat the guardian on her own. Even with her unique combat abilities, the creature is simply too powerful. Without her time manipulation powers, she doesn't stand a chance. Her injuries are getting more serious as the battle continues. Despite blood flowing freely from her wounds, she keeps on fighting, without even a pause to bind them or rest. She must be pushing on using sheer willpower alone; if this continues, she is surely going to collapse. Against these odds, there is only one possible outcome.

Sakuya is going to die.

Grey forces himself to stand, supporting his body with a hand against the wall. He tries to cry out at the chief maid, but she doesn't seem to hear him. She is acting as if she is in some kind of deep trance. His desperate shouting doesn't reach her. Sakuya can only see and hear her monstrous opponent.

Sakuya is going to die.

He checks his pockets quickly, to see if there is anything he can use to help. Unfortunately, all he has are a few blank spell cards (he doesn't know how to use them), his now empty Mauser C96 (he can reload it, but the weapon is useless against the guardian), and the work gloves he found in the tower (also useless). The ground rumbles violently once more as the clockwork guardian tries to crush Sakuya with its weight. She barely dodges the blow.

Sakuya is going to die.

No! This can't be happening! This isn't supposed to happen! Sakuya is his friend. There is so much they haven't done together. There is so much he has to apologize for. There are so many things he has to tell her. This is...

"Sakuya!" cries Grey. He uses the last of his strength, praying that he can reach her.

For a moment, Sakuya turns to him. Her fiery red eyes slowly return to their normal color as she recognizes him. But this is a mistake - his cry distracts her for a split-second. The guardian attacks during the opening, throwing her across the room. She lands hard against a wall on the other side with a sickening, meaty thud.

Sakuya doesn't get up.

Grey feels himself shuddering uncontrollably. He knows he can't fight this monster. He knows he can't think of a way to escape. He knows he can't even stand up for much longer. But, as if in response to his desperation, his body is moving on its own, walking towards the creature.

"You fucking mongrel servant!" he cries loudly. "I'll kill you!"

The clockwork guardian pauses, as if amused by his gesture.

"Wait... your... turn..." it croaks mechanically. Slowly, it turns back to Sakuya to finish her off.

Grey feels himself burning. He feels like he is going to lose control of himself, but at the same time, find himself. But that doesn't matter now. Somehow, he knows exactly what to say. He pulls out a single blank spell card from his coat.

"Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」," returns Grey calmly.

Suddenly, everything is clear. This battle is finished.

"Face your Master, guardian of the fourth chamber," he says sternly.

The spider stops in its tracks. It shudders violently, as if trying to struggle against itself, before turning to face Grey.

"Master...?" it croaks slowly.

"You have done your duty well," Grey says. "I have one final task for you."

"Orders..." replies the guardian.

"Execute Procedure 22," he says with a grim smile.

The clockwork guardian raises two of its long, mechanical legs high into the air. It pauses for a single moment as it raises them above its head. Its faces Grey, looking at him almost remorsefully.

"Command... Confirmation...?" it asks.

"Isaac," says Grey with finality.

The creature crashes its two monstrous limbs straight into its head, effectively impaling itself with its own mechanical legs. Thousands of gears and springs fly off across the room with the impact. For a moment, the creature shakes violently, until finally, every part of it stops moving. The whole room rumbles as the creature crashes into the ground lifelessly.

"Now broken, guardian of the fourth chamber, you are of no use to me," he says. The guardian could have been useful if it wasn't already compromised. He has no use for useless servants. Such things don't even have the right to live.

Suddenly, his body is filled with excruciating pain. Grey crumples down on the ground, coughing blood on the ground. This is his limit. But this is just fine. He is finished now.

Everything fades to black.
>> No. 25057
File 123060077016.jpg - (46.31KB , 334x447 , sakuya_blush.jpg ) [iqdb]
25057
The first thing Grey notices is that he is lying on a bed. It feels soft and comfortable, much better than the one he used in his own room. Perhaps he should sleep a little bit longer. Nothing matters. He just wants to rest.

"Grey?" asks a distant voice.

He opens a single eye slowly to see who is disturbing him. His head aches, and his body feels like a mess. It takes him almost a full minute to recognize the person. Oh! It's just Sakuya. Slowly, he closes his eye to return to his peaceful slumber. Did he hear just hear an annoyed sigh? Must be his imagination.

"If you don't get up, I'll serve you as Remilia's dinner," says Sakuya sternly.

"W-w-what?" cries Grey as he forces himself into the waking world.

A glance tells him that he seems to be back in one of the rooms at the Mansion. He recognizes the place immediately, even if he has never entered it before. This is Sakuya's room. He realizes that he is lying on her bed. Grey immediately tries to get up from the bed, but a sudden pain at his side causes him to cringe back.

"Don't move! The medicine takes a few minutes to work," Sakuya says as she forces his shoulders back on the bed.

"Sakuya?" he asks uncertainly.

Sakuya silences him by putting her finger on his lips. Grey obediently complies. He doesn't feel like he can talk much yet, in any case. The next moment, the chief maid does something quite uncharacteristic of her. She starts stroking his hair fondly, a gentle smile upon her face as he looks at him.

"Thanks for saving me," she says.

"Anything for you," answers Grey automatically. Wait, what did he just say?

Suddenly, Sakuya pulls away, visibly blushing in embarrassment. For a moment, she looks like she is about to smack him hard on the head, or worse. Grey closes his eyes in reflex, and waits for the attack, but it never comes. By the time he opens his eyes and peeks at her, she has already composed herself. Was he just seeing things?

"Anyway, you should just rest her for now," she says.

She pauses for a moment before continuing.

"That skill you used earlier - I've never seen it before. And if you saw yourself using it in your dreams, perhaps they aren't just delusions. Who are you, really?" says Sakuya, a look of concern upon her face.

[ ] Custom
>> No. 25058
[!/] "Best guess? Probably someone who helped build that whole section of the Mansion."
>> No. 25059
[x] "Best guess? Probably someone who helped build that whole section of the Mansion."
[x] "Or at least I've been possessed by said someone."
>> No. 25060
[x] "Best guess? Probably someone who helped build that whole section of the Mansion."
>> No. 25062
[x] I am the servant of the Scarlet House.
>> No. 25063
[x] "Best guess? Probably someone who helped build that whole section of the Mansion."
>> No. 25064
[x] "Best guess? Probably someone who helped build that whole section of the Mansion."
[x] "Or at least I've been possessed by said someone."
>> No. 25065
File 123069233493.jpg - (103.82KB , 500x600 , sakuya.jpg ) [iqdb]
25065
Loading User Commands:
[X] "Best guess? Probably someone who helped build that whole section of the Mansion."

---

Grey looks up at Sakuya. She isn't angry or suspicious. Instead, she looks genuinely concerned for him. He never thought that he would live to see the day that the chief maid would worry about him.

"Best guess?" he says. "Probably someone who helped build that whole section of the Mansion."

"Hmm," says Sakuya. "While I can understand why you would think that, I have to say that such possibility is next to impossible."

"Why?"

"That part of the Mansion is even older than Lady Remilia. Unless you are some kind of immortal or god, there is no way that you can be related to the Watchmaker. Patchouli would have detected traces of high-level magic on your person when you first arrived, if that was the case."

Sakuya closes her eyes to think for a few moments.

"Sorry, I really don't remember," Grey says.

"Forget about it. It isn't that important. After what you did, I would be a fool not to trust you," returns Sakuya. "Even if you don't trust yourself."

"..."

"Since you are well enough to argue, why don't you tell me what you found? I do hope we didn't go through all that for nothing."

Grey slowly describes everything he saw in the chamber, down to the last detail. He mentions examining the room carefully, and finally rearranging the devices (while wearing the gloves, of course) to change the symbol at the center of the circle. He makes emphasis of the feeling he had when the light changed color. Sakuya lets him finish without interruption.

"I see," she says. "That really is strange."

A minute passes as Sakuya ponders the situation in silence.

"Alright, I have a few guesses," she declares. "I will see what I can find out. You should just continue resting here until you feel better."

With that, she gives him one last smile for encouragement before leaving the room. Now alone, Grey stares at the ceiling as he thinks.

The incidents only started getting worse after he arrived. There is no other reasonable cause for this aside from him. But for some reason, he hasn't been labeled as the culprit, even when he admitted it himself. He half expected Patchouli or Sakuya to end him when he told them everything he saw, but instead, both of them now trust him.

What the hell is going on in this place? What is happening to everyone? And what the heck is he supposed to do next? Grey's eyes shut heavily as he falls asleep with these thoughts (and more) in mind.

...

He rests peacefully and dreamlessly, and by the time he wakes up, he feels refreshed. He quickly gets up from the bed and stretches a few times to make sure that his injuries have healed. Whatever medicine Sakuya gave him must be pretty strong stuff.

A quick glance tells him that Sakuya isn't in the room. For a moment, he thinks about searching the place for clues, but his better (and wiser) side reminds him that going through a lady's things is very much unlike a gentleman.

His stomach rumbles noisily, reminding him that it is lunch time. His other things seem to be lying on a nearby desk. As he collects his items, he thinks about what to do next.

[ ] Head to your room. Maybe you can organize your inventory.
[ ] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.
[ ] Head to the garden. Is there someone working outside?
[ ] Head to the front gate. A chat with the gatekeeper is nice.
[ ] Head to the Flandre's room in the basement. She might be bored.
[ ] Head to the Voile Library. Is Patchouli feeling better now?
[ ] See if you can find the lower library chamber.
[ ] See if you can find another stairway down to the basement.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 25066
File 123069305192.png - (241.84KB , 701x800 , 1206486766164.png ) [iqdb]
25066
[!/] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.

BRAINSSSSSSSSSS FOOOOOOOD.
>> No. 25067
File 123070306796.jpg - (321.98KB , 1024x651 , unlimitedbreadworks.jpg ) [iqdb]
25067
[x] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.
>> No. 25068
[x] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.
Commissar needs food badly.
>> No. 25069
>>25067

Wrong CYOA protagonists, twice.
>> No. 25070
[x] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.
>> No. 25072
[X] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.
>> No. 25073
[x] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.
>> No. 25075
[x] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.
>> No. 25111
File 123088054376.jpg - (28.18KB , 370x294 , sandwich.jpg ) [iqdb]
25111
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head to the kitchen. You should get something to eat.

---

Grey's stomach rumbles once more, finalizing his decision. Before anything else, he must eat something. Going on with an empty stomach is just asking for trouble - what if he collapses in some abandoned part of the Mansion? He would surely be eaten by some wandering hungry youkai.

He takes a moment to examine his things. Everything he brought in the tower seems to be here, including a spell card that is no longer blank.

The spell card has several strange symbols and designs. At the center is a picture of a king with a jeweled scepter in his hand. Before him is a heavily armored knight, who genuflects in reverence. Around the two figures lie a forest of spears sprouting from the ground. The caption at the bottom reads, "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」".

He isn't sure how it happened, but it looks like he managed to inscribe the skill on one of the blank spell cards during the battle. This will surely come in handy.

On the way to the kitchen, he meets a pair of fairy maids carrying a basket full of laundry. He gives them a wave as he passes by. They greet him politely before heading outside. Curious, he takes a glance out the window. Seems like they are hanging up the clothes to take advantage of the hot noontime sun.

Like last time, both the dining room and kitchen are completely deserted. Since the vampires are usually asleep at this time, he isn't surprised that there isn't any one here. Lunch would be equivalent to a late night snack to them.

The kitchen is well stocked with just about any ingredient he might need. Too bad Grey isn't that great a cook.

He is cooking something...
[ ] quick and simple
[ ] classic and elegant
[ ] new and exciting

He is making...
[ ] one serving
[ ] two servings
[ ] as much as he can
>> No. 25112
File 123088056918.jpg - (47.97KB , 413x720 , keine_sensei.jpg ) [iqdb]
25112
[X] Inventory
A Mauser C96. Early semi-automatic pistol. You have one unused magazine for reloading.
(3) Blank spell cards. You can inscribe spells on them.
A pair of sturdy workgloves. They won't be replaced.
A spell card. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"

[X] Effects
None.
>> No. 25113
File 123088148620.jpg - (203.58KB , 850x1133 , cd463bd932f68aa2cabb7b9be44d9ccb.jpg ) [iqdb]
25113
[!/] classic and elegant
[!/] two servings

needs more flan-chan.
>> No. 25114
[X] classic and elegant
[X] two servings
>> No. 25116
'He would surely be eaten by some wandering hungry youkai.'

OH U!

[†] Reload your Mauser
[†] classic and elegant
[†] two servings
>> No. 25122
>'He would surely be eaten by some wandering hungry youkai.'

Good thing there are no longer creatures such as hungry youkais, so we should be pretty safe even if we do.

;_;

[†] Reload your Mauser
[x] Get one extra magazine so you stock up to two
[x] quick and simple
[X] two servings
>> No. 25124
[X] Reload your Mauser
[X] Make sure there are 2 or more spare magazines on your person
[X] classic and elegant
[X] two servings.
>> No. 25125
[X] Reload your Mauser
[X] Make sure there are 2 or more spare magazines on your person
[X] classic and elegant
[X] two servings.
>> No. 25135
[x] classic and elegant
[x] two servings
[x] call out for HY
>> No. 25136
[X] Reload your Mauser
[X] Make sure there are 2 or more spare magazines on your person
[X] classic and elegant
[X] two servings.
>> No. 25137
[X] Reload your Mauser
[X] Make sure there are 2 or more spare magazines on your person
[X] classic and elegant
[X] two servings.
>> No. 25138
File 123096864699.jpg - (187.47KB , 800x600 , paella.jpg ) [iqdb]
25138
Loading User Commands:
[X] classic and elegant
[X] two servings

---

"Classic and elegant," Grey says aloud. "But what should I make?"

To the left is a shelf full of cooking manuals. He quickly grabs the first one written in English and browses through the different dishes. Finding nothing of interest, he returns it to the shelf and begins going through the other manuals. Only after several minutes of searching does he find exactly what he wants.

"Paella," whispers Grey. His mouth is already beginning to water.

This internationally well known dish is made up of rice, meat, seafood, beans and vegetables. Originally from eastern Spain, the dish has gained popularity in many different countries all over the world. Such a cultured dish will certainly satisfy anyone else who might be hungry for lunch. In any case, he feels like making enough for at least two persons.

Grey pulls up his sleeves and puts on his imaginary chef's hat. Cooking time is now.

...

"Should have stuck to 'Easy Meals with Shirou' instead," mutters Grey. He sighs as he looks over his work.

Most of the rice is dark brown, due to it being burnt together with the vegetables. The shrimps are clearly overcooked, but the shellfish have somehow remained raw. Worst of all, the beans just smell awful. Forget about being classic and elegant; he isn't even sure if the dish is edible!

He takes a bite of the stuff, and immediately discovers that the dish tastes just as bad as it looks. However, he can't just throw the food away after all that work. Who knows what would happen if Sakuya caught him wasting perfectly good ingredients?

Grey quickly wolfs down the meal to destroy the evidence. After the first few bites, his tongue turns completely numb, so he manages to finish both servings. He most certainly can't let anyone else taste his failed culinary experiment.

After the meal, he takes a seat and leisurely drinks his tea. While this type of tea doesn't usually go with Paella, it is the only thing he made that came out decent. He manages to wash down the last of the stuff with it.

Suddenly, he hears it. Muffled laughter is coming from outside. The voice is clearly female, but he can't tell who it is. By the time he turns around, the person is no longer by the doorway, though he can hear a hurried patter of tiny footsteps heading along the hallways. From the sound of it, the person must be running toward the Voile Library or the basement, though he could be mistaken.

For some reason, the first person that comes to mind is Tewi. He barely stops himself from calling out loudly for the lucky rabbit girl. What is he thinking? Eientei is nowhere near here.

After cleaning up rest of the dishes, he notices that the other cup of tea is untouched and still warm. The little teapot beside it is also quite full of fresh tea. It would be a waste to simply leave it here.

Grey absent-mindedly reloads his gun as he considers what to do next.
[ ] Return to your room for a bit. You need time to think.
[ ] Head to the garden. The maids are hanging up the laundry there.
[ ] Head to the front gate. Maybe you can catch Meiling on her break.
[ ] Head to Flandre's room. The little sister might be lonely.
[ ] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[ ] Explore the second floor. Maybe you can find Remilia's room.
[ ] Search for the lower library chamber. (You have a bad feeling about going alone)
[ ] Search for another way down the basement. (You have a bad feeling about going alone)
[ ] Custom

The tea...
[ ] Bring it with you on a tray.
[ ] Clean it up along with the rest of the items.
>> No. 25139
>>25138
>Paella
Yes!

Anyway, i'm torn between the two following votes/locations. On one hand, if we go out to the garden we may be able to catch Sakuya and meet Flandre, but on the other, we can check up on Patchouli and see if she knows anything about the clock tower and/or it's maker and guardians.

[X] If heading to the garden where the maids are hanging up the laundry, visit the gate and have a quick chat with Meiling on the way.
[X] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[X] Bring the tea with you on a tray. (I'm sure anyone we would meet would like to have a cup of tea.) (secondary note: it likely may seem a little odd, though, if we bring tea out of the mansion in this manner, perhaps. At the least, bringing it to the library would have a more natural feel/look to it.)

Also, edited the first part of my vote because there is too little Meiling in this story. Remilia too, for that matter...
Sakuya (route?) is definitely nice, though.
>> No. 25140
File 123097234893.jpg - (400.23KB , 350x1050 , 24.jpg ) [iqdb]
25140
[!/] Head to Flandre's room. The little sister might be lonely.
[!/] Bring it with you on a tray.
>> No. 25141
[†] If heading to the garden where the maids are hanging up the laundry, visit the gate and have a quick chat with Meiling on the way.
[†] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[†] Bring the tea with you on a tray. (I'm sure anyone we would meet would like to have a cup of tea.) (secondary note: it likely may seem a little odd, though, if we bring tea out of the mansion in this manner, perhaps. At the least, bringing it to the library would have a more natural feel/look to it.)
>> No. 25147
[x] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[x] Bring the tea with you on a tray.
>> No. 25149
[x] Head to the front gate. Maybe you can catch Meiling on her break.

The tea...
[x] Bring it with you on a tray.
>> No. 25159
[!/] Head to Flandre's room. The little sister might be lonely.
[!/] Bring it with you on a tray.
>> No. 25165
File 123104006324.jpg - (294.60KB , 647x914 , 2590067.jpg ) [iqdb]
25165
[x] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[x] Bring it with you on a tray.

Eyes on the target.
>> No. 25167
File 123104267812.jpg - (172.34KB , 640x640 , 1204766996969.jpg ) [iqdb]
25167
[x] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[x] Bring it with you on a tray.

>>25165
>>Eyes on the target.

Image related.
>> No. 25170
[x] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[x] Bring the tea with you on a tray.
>> No. 25172
[x] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[x] Bring it with you on a tray.
>> No. 25175
File 123106653739.jpg - (286.26KB , 600x450 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
25175
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head to the Voile Library. Patchouli should be feeling better by now.
[X] Bring it with you on a tray.

---

Grey takes his time as he prepares the teapot for transport. He adds a few biscuits before taking it out of the kitchen. Now equipped with tea and biscuits, he steps out with the confidence to take on the world (honestly, he would rather face something a bit smaller).

He makes his way toward the Voile Library without meeting anyone else. The maids must be busy outside in the garden. Meiling should be at the gate, and the vampires should be asleep. Sakuya could be anywhere at this time of the day. He easily makes it to the library entrance without incident.

Grey pauses as he surveys the place. The Voile Library, restored to its original condition, is now completely silent. The rows of shelves are deserted, and the only signs of life are a few loose piles of books, carelessly strewn about. For a place of learning, the Voile Library almost seems like a tomb with its silence and dust.

He heads toward Patchouli's reading corner. Thankfully, he still remembers the directions from his earlier visit. The library is like a labyrinth for those who are unfamiliar, and it is still difficult to navigate even if you know the way. He wonders quietly about how Patchouli keeps the place organized, if indeed, it has some predetermined arrangement.

After a few minutes of wandering, he finds himself approaching Patchouli's chair and reading desk. Her cushy seat is empty, but it only takes Grey a few moments to spot the pink and purple wizard. He approaches Patchouli, who is busy examining a heavy tome just a few shelves to the right.

"Good afternoon," says Patchouli without looking up.

"Good afternoon," returns Grey. "I have brought you some tea and biscuits."

"Thank you," she replies. She turns around to face him, a neutral expression on her face. For a few moments, she stares at him closely in silence. Grey manages to stay calm, though her gaze is quite penetrating.

"What happened to the barrier?" asks Patchouli, a hint of worry in her voice.

"I sort of used it up," replies Grey. "I encountered a bit of trouble earlier."

"I see," she says. "I suppose that it is fine, as long as you return uninjured."

Patchouli returns to her reading. Grey waits for her to say something, but she stays silent for next few minutes. She seems completely engrossed in her studies.

"I'll leave this at the table," he says as he prepares to head back.

"Wait," says Patchouli. She pauses, as if in deep thought. Finally, she closes the tome and looks at him straight in the eyes.

"Would you care to have a short discussion?" she asks politely.

The pink and purple wizard doesn't wait for him to answer as she starts walking toward her reading area. Grey follows, the tray still in his hands. Patchouli takes her seat and props the book up in front of her. He sits on the chair opposite the magician, waiting patiently for her to speak.

"There are many questions to ask," says Patchouli. "Why don't you start?"

Grey pauses to think. He can probably start with two or three questions.
[ ] Ask about herself.
[ ] Ask about Koakuma.
[ ] Ask about Sakuya.
[ ] Ask about Remilia.
[ ] Ask about Flandre.
[ ] Ask about Meiling.
[ ] Ask about the fairy maids.
[ ] Ask about the Mansion's previous guest.
[ ] Ask about your dreams.
[ ] Ask about the "old mansion".
[ ] Ask about the Watchmaker.
[ ] Ask about the curse.
[ ] Ask about the youkai attacks.
[ ] Ask about spell cards.
[ ] Ask about the Human Village.
[ ] Ask about the clock tower.
[ ] Ask about the lower library.
[ ] Ask about the basement.
[ ] Ask about his room.
[ ] Ask about something else. (Specify.)

Grey should think carefully about what to ask.
>> No. 25178
[x] Ask about the Mansion's previous guest.
[x] Ask about the curse.
[x] Ask about the youkai attacks.
>> No. 25180
[x] Ask about the curse.
[x] Ask about Sakuya.
[x] Ask about spell cards.
>> No. 25185
>>[x] Ask about the "old mansion."

The clock tower is part of the "old mansion" from what I gathered, so that may brush on either.

>>[x] Ask about the Watchmaker.
>>[x] Ask about spell cards (Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」)

Should we ask about the enchantment on those work gloves from the tower?
>> No. 25187
[ ] Ask about Sakuya.
[ ] Ask about the Mansion's previous guest.
[ ] Ask about the "old mansion".
[ ] Ask about the Watchmaker.
[ ] Ask about the curse.

Stretching it at five, perhaps, but all of the questions we could ask are rather imiportant, and if it were possible, i'd like to not miss anything.
>> No. 25188
File 123110066065.jpg - (158.00KB , 600x600 , 1215042934085.jpg ) [iqdb]
25188
[!/] Ask about the Mansion's previous guest.
[!/] Ask about the curse.
>> No. 25189
[†] Ask about your dreams.
[†] Ask about the "old mansion".
[†] Ask about the Mansion's previous guest.
[†] Ask about Sakuya.
>> No. 25190
[x] Ask about herself.
[x] Ask about the Watchmaker.
[x] Ask about the curse.
>> No. 25205
[x] Ask about Sakuya.
[x] Ask about the mansion's previous guest.
[x] Ask about the curse.
>> No. 25213
Calling it.
[X] Ask about the curse.
[X] Ask about the Mansion's previous guest.
[X] Ask about Sakuya.
>> No. 25214
File 123115019824.jpg - (31.02KB , 541x475 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
25214
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask about the curse.
[X] Ask about the Mansion's previous guest.
[X] Ask about Sakuya.

---

"There are many questions to ask," says Patchouli. "Why don't you start?"

Grey clears his throat before he speaks. While there are certainly a lot of questions to ask, he must first deal with those that seem urgent. Remilia did leave him with this task, so some questioning shouldn't be out of place.

"This might be a strange question," says Grey. "But may I ask, respectfully, if you have heard anything about a curse upon this place?"

Patchouli's eyes widen slightly at the question, but she shows no other reaction. She calmly takes a sip of her tea before answering. If anything else, she seems to be intentionally acting neutral.

"I suppose that it was only a matter of time till you heard about the curse," she says. "While many of the residents in the Mansion know of it, few dare discuss the topic openly. Remilia herself instructed that no one speak of the curse."

She turns to read her book before she continues.

"Remilia made it clear to all of us that it shouldn't be made known, especially to you," she adds.

"What is this curse?" Grey asks. "And why must it be hidden?"

"..."

Patchouli continues reading, showing no further intention to speak. After a few minutes, Grey calms himself down and decides to ask the next question.

"There was a guest in this place before I arrived," he says. "What happened to him?"

This time, Patchouli almost stumbles off her chair. It takes her a few moments to compose herself. She looks deep into his eyes, as if trying to scry his true motives. Her speech is slow and careful.

"He left," she says.

"What?" says Grey.

"I said that he isn't here anymore!" Patchouli cries out.

Grey backs off in reflex, shocked by her reaction. Suddenly, Patchouli starts coughing violently. She waves off Grey's offer to help, muttering that she just needs to rest for a bit. The next few minutes follow awkwardly in silence. This must be a really sensitive topic in the Mansion. But in spite of this fact, it is the pink and purple wizard that finally breaks the silence.

"That person was kind," she says. "But something went wrong. He started changing. Remilia got seriously injured."

"What happened?" asks Grey.

Patchouli turned to look at him, the saddest expression upon her face.

"He left," says Patchouli. "He vanished without a trace."

"I see," he manages. He better not push the topic any further. The magician turns back to her book as he thinks about something else. Perhaps he can talk about someone who is still living in the Mansion.

"May I ask if you noticed anything strange about Sakuya lately?" he asks.

Patchouli raises her eyes from her book, looking at him thoughtfully.

"She suspects me," says the magician. "But that is expected. Trust has become a rare commodity in this Mansion."

"Does she have good reason to suspect you?" asks Grey.

Patchouli pauses, looking straight into his eyes with determination.

"This place is my home," answers Patchouli.

She returns to her reading, occasionally taking a sip from her tea. Patchouli hasn't touched the biscuits.

"Koakuma is on the way here," she says.

[ ] Offer to answer a few questions in return.
[ ] Grab a book and start reading beside her.
[ ] Sit silently and wait for the little devil girl.
[ ] Excuse yourself and leave.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 25215
[X] Sit silently and wait for the little devil girl.
Awkwardan gaems
>> No. 25216
[X] Offer to answer a few questions in return.
>> No. 25217
[x] Offer to answer a few questions in return.
>> No. 25218
File 12311616981.jpg - (23.71KB , 280x313 , 1206035328641.jpg ) [iqdb]
25218
[!/] Offer to answer a few questions in return.
>> No. 25219
[-] Offer to answer a few questions in return.
>> No. 25221
[X] Offer to answer a few questions in return.

Maybe we should find out what our 'blessing' sign did.
>> No. 25241
>She looks deep into his eyes, as if trying to scry his true motives. Her speech is slow and careful.
>as if trying to scry his true motives.
>scry his true motives.
>scry

Nice reference, there.

[X] Offer to answer some questions in return, you trust Patchouli enough for at least this.
>> No. 25246
>He started changing.

That doesn't bode well for us at all.
>> No. 25268
File 123131500960.jpg - (109.62KB , 500x734 , patchy_koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
25268
Loading User Commands:
[X] Offer to answer a few questions in return.

---

"I'd be happy to answer a few of your questions, if you'd like," offers Grey.

"Perhaps there is time to ask one question," mumbles Patchouli.

The pink and purple wizard pauses, as if in deep thought.

"This morning, did you visit the clock tower or the basement?" she asks.

"I visited the clock tower," he replies. Somehow, mentioning Sakuya here doesn't seem like a good idea.

"I see," says Patchouli. She seems strangely satisfied by the answer.

The magician returns to her reading. Without anything to say, Grey just sits quietly as he waits for the little devil girl arrives. After a few minutes, he hears the sound of footsteps approaching them from one of the rows. Koakuma steps from behind the shelf, holding only a single book in her hands.

"Mistress! I found the book you were looking for -" she says. "Ah!"

The little devil stares at Grey with mouth agape. Koakuma's eyes widen and she covers her chest shyly. He manages to give her a smile and a wave, which she returns hesitantly.

"Have a seat with us," says Patchouli.

"O-of course," replies Koakuma. She takes a seat across from Grey.

For a good two minutes, the three of them sit silently together. Patchouli seems preoccupied with her book (she is ignoring the one Koakuma brought). Koakuma nervously stares at the wooden table, as if trying to think of something to say.

Grey ponders the situation carefully.
[ ] Talk to Koakuma.
[ ] Talk to Patchouli.
[ ] Talk to both of them.
[ ] Wait patiently.
[ ] Stand up and leave.
[ ] Custom

Optional:
[ ] Specify the topic of discussion.
>> No. 25270
[x] Talk to both of them.
[x] That damn curse. What's up with nobody doing something about it?
>> No. 25273
[x] Talk to both of them.
[x] That damn curse. What's up with nobody doing something about it?

Do we have meta-knowledge in this CYOA? Because we could really use Hina's services.
>> No. 25275
[x] Wait patiently.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
>> No. 25276
[x] Wait patiently.
>> No. 25312
[x] Wait patiently.
>> No. 25315
[x] Wait patiently.
>> No. 25321
File 123155373342.png - (67.61KB , 400x400 , 1207472449671.png ) [iqdb]
25321
[!/] Wait patiently.
>> No. 25322
File 12315554048.jpg - (351.69KB , 600x689 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
25322
Loading User Commands:
[X] Wait patiently.

---

Surprisingly enough, Grey finds that he has nothing to say. He already greeted Koakuma, and Patchouli seems to be finished speaking. A glance at the pink and purple wizard tells him that she is focused on her reading (though he could be wrong). Koakuma seems especially agitated, for some reason. She fidgets nervously as she peeks at his face occasionally.

Three more minutes pass in deafening silence. The only notable movements during this period were Patchouli taking a sip of her tea (she didn't pause in her reading) and Koakuma gasping slightly when he chose to stare at her for a while (he looked away immediately). Grey considers how to excuse himself from this meeting. But before he opens his mouth, the bat-winged finally speaks.

"E-excuse me," stammers Koakuma. "I-I was wondering if you need a-any help with your investigation. I s-suppose I can accompany you if you like."

She quickly looks away after saying that. Her cheeks are a bit pink, and both pairs of her bat-wings (on her head and her back) are shivering a bit, as if it is cold.

"Hmm, I guess," says Grey. He glances at Patchouli, who shows no visible reaction. "I suppose that it is alright as long as I'm not stopping you from any urgent work."

Koakuma's wings droops slightly at this. She turns hopefully at the pink and purple wizard, as if asking for permission.

"She doesn't have any urgent duties," states Patchouli. "If she can be of assistance, then feel free to take her."

Her wings perk up immediately, and Koakuma does a poor job of hiding her excitement.

"I-I will do my best!" she says.

"Only if he needs your help," the magician adds.

"O-of course," says Koakuma. She looks up at Grey longingly.

"E-er..." he mutters.

Koakuma looks quite happy.
[ ] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[ ] She should stay with Patchouli. The magician is anemic.
[ ] You don't need her help.

Where should he go next?
[ ] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory. (Koakuma can carry a few things, if she comes)
[ ] Head to the garden. The maids are working outside.
[ ] Head to the front gate. The gatekeeper shouldn't be too busy.
[ ] Head to Flandre's room. She should be asleep at this time, but...
[ ] Head to the kitchen. It is usually empty at this time.
[ ] Stay in the Voile Library. This place is huge.
[ ] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
[ ] Search for another way down the basement. There may be something there.
[ ] Custom

Optional (If Koakuma comes with you):
[ ] Ask Koakuma about the other areas of the mansion.
>> No. 25323
[ ] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[ ] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
[ ] Ask Koakuma about the other areas of the mansion.
>> No. 25324
[x] You don't need her help.
[x] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory. Get the violin.
[x] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
>> No. 25325
[ ] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[ ] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
[ ] Ask Koakuma about the other areas of the mansion.
>> No. 25326
>>25322
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory. Get the violin.
[X] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
>> No. 25327
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Head to the front gate. The gatekeeper shouldn't be too busy.
[X] Ask Koakuma about the other areas of the mansion.
>> No. 25328
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory. Get the violin.
[X] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
>> No. 25330
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory. Get the violin.
[X] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
>> No. 25335
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Head to the front gate. The gatekeeper shouldn't be too busy.
[X] Ask Koakuma about the other areas of the mansion.
>> No. 25336
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory. Get the violin.
[X] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
[X] Ask Koakuma about the other areas of the mansion.

Reorganizing our inventory should not take that long and we can talk to Koakuma while walking. Enough time to search for the underground chamber afterwards.
>> No. 25342
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory. Get the violin.
[X] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
>> No. 25343
Calling it now.
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory.
[X] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
>> No. 25345
File 123164720741.jpg - (63.81KB , 580x577 , koakuma_smile.jpg ) [iqdb]
25345
Loading User Commands:
[X] Take her with you. Exploring alone is dangerous.
[X] Return to your room. You can organize your inventory.
[X] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.

---

"I'll be glad to have her company," says Grey. "Wandering around alone in this mansion doesn't seem to be a good idea."

"A wise decision," says Patchouli as she continues reading. "Perhaps you are not as reckless as I first thought."

"P-Please take care of me!" stammers Koakuma.

What?

After saying farewell to Patchouli, who dismisses them with a wave, Grey and Koakuma head out of the library. The little devil follows a small distance behind him. He can hardly hear her footsteps. While having a pretty girl follow you around is novel, he feels a bit unnerved by it all the same. Perhaps some conversation can break this awkward atmosphere.

"Hey Koakuma," he starts. "Aren't you curious about where we are going?"

"E-Eh?" says Koakuma. "Umm... so where are we going, then?"

When he turns around to face her, she seems completely out of it. Her face gradually turns red as he continues to stare. This seems strange. Why is she so distracted all of a sudden?

"Are you feeling alright?" asks Grey.

"Ah! Y-Yes, I'm just fine," says Koakuma. "Maybe I'm just a little bit.."

Grey doesn't catch the last word, as she says it only in a whisper. But if she says that she is fine, then he shouldn't pursue the issue unnecessarily.

"Alright then," says Grey. "Do you mind if we pass by my room for a bit?"

"W-What?" mumbles the little devil. Why is she so nervous? He isn't going to eat her or anything. Not if he can help it, anyway.

"I just need to pick up a few things," he says. "I hope you don't mind."

...

After a few minutes, Grey tells her that he is ready.

There were several different things in his room, but most of the items seemed like junk. He only took a few things. He decided to take the Stradivarius violin and its case. For some reason, he feels that this will be useful somehow. He also takes some fresh ammo clips for his pistol, making sure that he has two spare clips. This should be more than enough for any unexpected encounters.

"Are you ready now?" Koakuma asks.

Grey gives her a solemn nod. This time, he won't be caught offguard.
>> No. 25346
File 123164769832.jpg - (201.92KB , 526x650 , koakuma_tea.jpg ) [iqdb]
25346
"The lower library? Of course I know of it. Patchouli has all of the old books and other things stored there," says Koakuma.

"Can you lead me there?" asks Grey. "I have a feeling that we may find something of interest."

"I suppose so," the bat-winged girl says, clearly perplexed. "But I don't remember telling you about the lower library."

"Eh? Ah, don't mind it," Grey says. "I just heard about it earlier, and I thought that it might be a good idea to check it out."

"Alright then," Koakuma says, a cheerful smile upon her face. "Just follow me."

The little devil leads him deep into the library, taking exactly the same path that Patchouli did in his dream. They pass countless rows of shelves until they arrive at a large staircase leading deep underground. This place seems familiar, somehow. A glance over the side reveals several levels, each filled with shelves and books. How deep is the Voile Library anyway?

"Are you sure you want to go down?" she asks without looking back. Somehow, he feels like he has heard this before.

"There is something we need to find down there," he says.

"Alright then," she says. Koakuma twirls around to face him, the wings on her head fluttering excitedly.

"I trust you," whispers the little devil.

They continue down the staircase to the lowest floor underground. He loses count of the number of floors they passed. He feels like he just climbed down a steep mountain of some kind. Grey pauses to catch his breath.

"Are you alright?" Koakuma asks.

"J-just fine," he says between pants. "I guess I didn't expect this place to be so deep."

"The Voile Library extends deep underground," explains Koakuma. "Mistress Patchouli creates another floor every other year to accomodate her collection. Her magic ensures that all of the books remain in good condition."

"What? Does that girl even come down here?" says Grey.

"Every once in a while," replies Koakuma. "The expansion of the library is a regular task. When she originally arrived here, the old library was much smaller."

Old library? Somehow, that part feels important, but Grey doesn't really understand. He doesn't ask anything else as they continue down the stairs. Eventually, they reach the very bottom. He doesn't know how much time has passed.

Grey surveys the deepest floor. He immediately recognizes the chamber door. This is the exact same place where he...

"Come, I'd like to show you something," Koakuma says as he pulls him straight into the chamber.

Welcome back. I knew that you would come. You can't turn away from this.

"What?" says Grey. There must be something wrong with his head.

It is time to begin. I will let you lead the performance in this wonderful chamber.

"Let's go! Hurry!" says Koakuma.

"W-Wait!" cries Grey. His plea falls on deaf ears as the little devil girl continues to pull at him.
>> No. 25347
File 123164921094.png - (112.43KB , 600x750 , koakuma.png ) [iqdb]
25347
He looks back at Koakuma. She seems to be speaking, but he can't hear anything. Everything seems so surreal, like this is all a dream. He raises one of his hands, but he can only make out a blur. It feels strange and foreign. He seems to be holding something, but he can't make out what it is.

"..lright?"

What? He looks up at Koakuma. She looks a bit worried. Somehow, that expression doesn't fit her. A cheerful Koakuma is best. Maybe he can put a smile on that face, somehow.

"Koakuma?" he says uneasily. His own voice sounds so distant.

"Grey? Are you feeling alright?" says the little devil. Her voice seems even further away.

He nods at the bat-winged girl. He feels perfectly fine. In fact, he hasn't felt this good in ages. His mind and body are filled with unexplainable energy. He doesn't understand why, but he feels like he can take over the world, if he wants to.

Looking closer at Koakuma, she looks really beautiful right now. He can't explain it. Her long reddish hair perfectly frames her flawless, porcelain skin. He finds himself entranced by her deep, kind eyes. The wings on her head are more dazzling than any hair ornament, he barely stops himself from stroking them. This girl is wonderful. Why hasn't he noticed this before?

Koakuma opens her mouth again, but he can't hear a word. He can't help but smile and nod at her questions. He can't understand her words, but her every movement is simply hypnotizing.

But something is missing. The more he looks at her, the more he realizes it. She is almost perfect. But this isn't enough. The color is off. Her color off.

There is not enough Scarlet.

Grey pulls out a spell card.
[ ] Have her embrace perfection. Paint her completely Scarlet.
[ ] She is your servant. Bind her to your will.
[ ] Pull out your pistol. This calls for a celebration and a festival.
[ ] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25348
[ ] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25349
[ ] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25350
[x] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25351
[X] Pull out your pistol. This calls for a celebration and a festival.
>> No. 25352
[ ] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.

Koakuma~
>> No. 25354
What just
This is the part where I'd load a previous save
>> No. 25356
[X] Have her embrace perfection. Paint her completely Scarlet.

shE haS dieD heR haiR reD
>> No. 25357
[!/] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration

LISTEN TO THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE
>> No. 25358
[x] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration
>> No. 25359
[†] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25360
[x] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25361
[X] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25363
[X] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration

>>25357
LISTEN TO MY SONG!
>> No. 25368
[x] Pull out your pistol. This calls for a celebration and a festival.

So we're going bonkers. With style!
>> No. 25379
>>25354
Agreed, but we march on, apparently. It does seem, though, that bringing the Stradivarius Violin with us may save us, this time.

[X] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.
>> No. 25382
File 123172904732.jpg - (206.97KB , 450x623 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
25382
Loading User Commands:
[X] Take the violin into your hands. She is your inspiration.

---

There is not enough Scarlet. But that doesn't matter now. He will rectify this flaw with his own hands. Koakuma doesn't deserve anything less.

Grey takes the Stradivarius violin from its case. He puts it in his hands and draws its bow. Soon, the chamber echoes with his eerie music. He has never heard this piece before, but he continues playing as if it was the most natural thing to do.

[~You are strong indeed, and you have learned quickly. But to call upon this kind of power...]

This music, too, is full of incredible power, but it isn't coming from the spirit of the instrument. The only spirit that leads his hands is his own. The voice that speaks in riddles is only a spectator to this performance. This is his music. This is his song. This is his everything.

[~However, I will not stop you, if you choose this path...]

Koakuma gasps audibly as he continues to play. The macabre melody fills the room. The ground trembles as his presence becomes more real. The walls resonate with his passion, as if surrendering to his very will.

[~I sense that you still wish to bring good into this world and I cannot betray that...]

He opens his eyes, and behold! The room has been bathed in Scarlet, though this is not just a color any longer. This place ripples with his very spirit! He can feel his influence spreading into every corner. With such power, even this vast magical world can be brought under his control.

[~No matter how twisted the method...]

There is still one thing left that hasn't embraced the Scarlet.

Koakuma has crumpled down on her knees as she struggles against the music. Her face is full of confusion. She doesn't understand this power. But that doesn't matter now. It is only a matter of time until -

Grey almost misses a stroke when he sees it. The little devil seems to be weeping tears. But something is strange. It is only after he finishes the next portion of his song that he realizes it. Her tears are the color of Scarlet. Is she crying blood?

For some strange reason, this doesn't disturb him at all. In fact, it only makes him thirst for more as he continues playing. With this Scarlet upon her face, she is becoming far more beautiful than he had ever imagined. This is better than anything he has ever dreamed. Grey must have her.

Grey? No, that is only a name given to him by the spoiled vampire brat. He has another name. One that even the Heavens dare not call upon.

This time, he won't be stopped.

This world is his birthright.

What?

Grey cannot stop until his thirst is satiated.
[ ] This world calls for your arrival. "Legacy, 「Seal of the Scarlet Lord」"
[ ] She is your faithful servant. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"
[ ] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"
[ ] No need for spells. Force yourself upon her!
[ ] Steal a kiss from the girl. This is enough.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 25383
[ ] Steal a kiss from the girl. This is enough.
[ ] Anemia option
>> No. 25385
[X] This world calls for your arrival. "Legacy, 「Seal of the Scarlet Lord」" Jawesome end time.
>> No. 25387
[!/] Steal a kiss from the girl. This is enough.
>> No. 25388
[ ] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"

PATCHU ROUTE DAMN IT
>> No. 25390
[x] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"

...It just doesn't seem right to force one's self onto a girl crying blood.
>> No. 25392
[X] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"

What is going on?
>> No. 25393
[ ] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」
>> No. 25394
[X] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"
>> No. 25399
[X] This world calls for your arrival. "Legacy, 「Seal of the Scarlet Lord」"
>> No. 25400
[X] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"
>> No. 25402
My name is Dracula. Vlad Tepes Dracula
>> No. 25403
[X] No need for spells. Force yourself upon her!

All aboard the delicious bad end train
>> No. 25404
{X} Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」

what is happeniiing
>> No. 25406
[X] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"

...what?
>> No. 25408
WHAT IS A MAN?

[x] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"
>> No. 25413
The butler has become a big problem!
>> No. 25414
>>25413

It's always the butler. ALWAYS.
>> No. 25417
[X] Refuse to accept this madness! "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」!"
>> No. 25484
File 123191753681.jpg - (225.64KB , 580x650 , take_my_hand.jpg ) [iqdb]
25484
Calling it.
[X] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"

Please watch warmly until it is ready.
>> No. 25485
File 123192221238.jpg - (29.75KB , 487x529 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
25485
Loading User Commands:
[X] Refuse to accept this madness. "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"

---

"G-Grey?" cries Koakuma uneasily. "W-what's going on?"

The bat-winged girl looks up at him, her eyes overflowing with the beautiful color of Scarlet. He knows that she isn't perfect. Her body, mind and soul have not embraced the Scarlet completely. However, he can wait no longer. Her long, crimson hair. Her innocent, kind face. Her deep, clear eyes. Her perfect smooth skin. Her wonderful soft lips. Her everything.

He must. He must have her. He must have her now!

Grey stops playing his instrument. Koakuma pants wearily as she starts to recover. He looks at her thoughtfully for one fleeting moment. She looks up at him, perhaps hoping for an explanation. For a moment, he considers how cute the little devil looks right now, kneeling down before him. Then, he pulls out a familiar spell card from his coat.

"Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」" he says.

Upon declaring the card, his senses become focused and clear. There is only one target, and she is not resisting. He will have her.

"Stand up, Koakuma," he says sternly.

The little devil girl shudders for a few moments before standing herself up from the floor. Her eyes widen as she realizes that her body isn't listening to her. But that doesn't matter now. Koakuma belongs to him.

"W-what's happening?" cries Koakuma.

"Come to me," says Grey, ignoring her question.

Koakuma takes a few clumsy steps forward, as if hesitating. Is she trying to resist? She seems to be blushing furiously as she finds herself only inches away from his face. Perhaps she is feeling shy? But she doesn't seem completely against it. The girl looks so attractive when she is confused by her own feelings.

"Grey," she whispers. "What are you doing?"

He looks deeply into her eyes, giving her a kind smile.

"I know you want this," he says. "You want to be mine."

"W-what? N-no!" she cries. "I mean y-yes! I mean.."

"You don't hate me, do you?" he asks.

Koakuma looks away from him.

"I-I don't dislike you," she whispers.

Then he is simply making manifest their own destiny. They are meant to be together, he and her. Why hesitate? Why question? His power is enough to make both their dreams a reality.

"Then close your eyes," says Grey.

Koakuma closes them slowly. That wasn't a question, of course. He cannot wait for her answer. He does not need her answer. Her smell. Her taste. He must have everything, even if he is to plunder her.

Grey pushes himself onto the girl, his lips hungrily clasping against hers. The taste alone of her soft red lips fills him with excitement. So smooth and soft, nothing in his memory can compare to the sensation. He greedily grabs the little devil through her dress, feeling her delicate curves. Pushing his tongue hard against her, he forces her lips open, entering her cavity.

She does not resist. She does not struggle. She surrenders to his will completely.

He can't wait any more. He pushes her down on the ground and continues to grope her sensitive parts. Running his right hand up her hips, he feels her shiver slightly to his touch. He slowly begins massaging her chest, enjoying her warm softness. He pulls his head away from her lips and begins licking and sucking against her neck. She keeps her head turned away, but as he continues to stimulate her, soft moans begin to escape from her lips. A subtle dampness starts forming between her legs.

He raises his right hand away from her precious place and begins to fondle both her breasts. She moans audibly as her body continues to get stimulated. The sound of her voice excites him even more. He can't wait a second longer. He doesn't care about anything else. He must plunder and conquer her now.

Without warning, he rips the top of her dress open, exposing a dazzling sight before his eyes. The shape, the proportion, and the size - it is simply perfect. Her skin, and the delicate contour of her breasts excite him even more. Slowly, he moves one of his hands to rub against them. He almost loses control as his senses are bombarded with the sensation as he touches her without reserve. He squeezes her softly, as if carefully tasting her wonderful flavor.

Then he looks up at her face.

It is full of tears as Koakuma sobs silently. Transparent and clear, the droplets roll along her face as he watches. He gazes at her, confused and conflicted. He doesn't understand. Why is she crying?

"She doesn't want this," whispers some part of him.

He shakes his head. Why wouldn't she be pleased? She loves him, and he loves her. They are destined be together. Why does she weep?

"She wants you, but not like this," whispers himself. "She did not fall in love with a rapist."

Rapist? But he isn't. He only wanted-

"To plunder her," whispers himself. "Against her will."

...

"She trusted you. But you betrayed that trust. You have become a..."

Don't say it. Don't say it!

"Monster," whispers himself.

Grey pulls away from her. He feels confused. If this is what he did, if this is what he is, then that means..

"The spell card trance is almost up," whispers himself. "You will lose control after it is finished. Control of her, and control of yourself."

No. No! NO! This madness, he will not accept it! He will not betray his friends. He will not betray Koakuma.

He will not accept this fate.

Grey smiles. He understands. He understands what he needs to do. And he will not need to wait for the end of the trance.

He stands up and turns to Koakuma.

"Face your Master, Koakuma, and hear me," he says sternly.

The bat-winged girl stands herself up. Her eyes widen slightly. Her face filled with tears and confusion.

"This is my command," he says.

"G-Grey?" whispers Koakuma.

"Kill me," he whispers.

Koakuma's eyes widen in horror, but her body responds to the command immediately. Before he hears her response, something drives through his chest. He can hear his flesh and bone being ripped apart. A second cleave to his side opens up his intestines. He hears them fall to the ground with a sickening thud. His eyes darken as the pain grows too excruciating to bear.

Suddenly, the world becomes slow. Time almost stands still as he feels himself fall down on his back. His body vibrates as he hits the ground, but he doesn't notice the pain. He knows it must be there, but his brain has blocked it all off. His body must know that he is dying. He looks up at the chamber ceiling. Why is it so bright, all of a sudden?

Someone blocks the brightness. Someone is leaning over him and shaking him. He can feel her tears falling against his cheeks. He smiles as he realizes it. He doesn't deserve such pity.

"Grey!" cries Koakuma. "Open your eyes! You can't die like this! I still..."

He looks up at her and smiles. Such a kind girl, Koakuma. He uses the last of his strength to cry out to her, but it only comes out a whisper.

"Thank.. you..." says he.

And with that final word, the butler's part in this story ends.

BAD END

---

Please wait warmly. Scarlet is preparing.
>> No. 25487
File 123192428164.jpg - (136.94KB , 707x1000 , remilia.jpg ) [iqdb]
25487
A bright light. He was chasing a bright light. It was so beautiful and pleasant. It reminded him of home. A home that he can't remember. A home that he never had. A home that he will never see. But it was there, right in front of him. He raised his arms to take it into his hands.

Then it vanished. Suddenly, his surroundings changed.

At first, he could see only movement and color. A thousand blurs swirling continuously in a miasma of color. He could feel his head pound as his brain tries to process the images. A few of them seem familiar, while most are completely foreign. Names. Places. Dates. It all hurts his head. He tries to close his eyes, but he can't, for some reason. He struggles until his mind and soul almost breaks in the confusion.

Then something frees him from the pain. Something pulls him from the chaos. And everything begins to grow clearer.

"Can you hear me?" asks a distant voice.

He nods slightly as he waits for his vision to recover. He seems to be standing in some kind of garden. The green bushes and trees calm his eyes. However, when he looks up, he sees, in the place of the sky, a swirling sea of blood and darkness. He shudders slightly as he recognizes humanoid shapes reaching out at him before being swallowed up by the torrent of crimson.

"Can you hear me?" repeats the voice. "I know that your existence should be stable by now."

He turns to the voice. He stares blankly at the person, dressed in a red and pink dress full of frills. He recognizes her immediately, of course. Even without those bat-like wings attached to her back, her deep red eyes and her light blue hair are unmistakeable.

"Remilia?" he asks uncertainly.

The vampire smiles mysteriously at his response.

"Remilia? I suppose that you can call me by that name for now," she says. "Though it doesn't really matter."

"I don't understand," he says.

"You don't need to understand," she says bluntly. "It's already over. You failed."

"I guess I screwed up then," he returns. "So is this hell?"

The vampire raises an eyebrow.

"It can be, if you like," she says. "But what you like doesn't matter either way. You are going back."

"What?" he asks. This is really getting confusing.

"I don't know how many more times I can do this, so get it right this time," she says sternly.

"Get what right?" he asks.

"It doesn't matter," she says, pouting. "You won't remember any of this when you return, so answering your question is completely pointless."

"Huh?" he says.

"Anyway, this is the best chance we all have," she says. "The other one opened the way for this possibility."

Something glimmers in her eyes as she says the word "other".

"Don't waste it," she continues.

A moment passes in silence as she waits for his answer. He doesn't understand, but..

"I will do my best," he says.

The vampire nods at him approvingly.

"Be sure to say 'hi' to the other me when you get back," she adds.

"But how am I supposed to do that if I don't remember any part of this?" he argues.

The vampire stamps her foot on the ground and puts her hands on her waist.

"Just do it anyway!" she pouts. "I won't forgive you if you act mean to me!"

"What?" he says blankly.

"Forget it," she says, sighing. "It's pointless to explain. Anyway, I'm sending you back now, so get ready."

He gives her one final shrug. He still doesn't know what's going on.

[ ] The Investigation Continues
[ ] Entering the Lower Library Chamber
[ ] An Unscheduled Concert
>> No. 25488
[ ] The Investigation Continues
>> No. 25489
{X} The Investigation Continues

what is this i don't even
>> No. 25490
inafterfatehax

[X] The Investigation Continues
>> No. 25496
[X] The Investigation Continues
>> No. 25498
>>25487
[X] An Unscheduled Concert
>> No. 25509
[x] The Investigation Continues
>> No. 25522
File 123209225732.jpg - (33.63KB , 592x512 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
25522
Loading User Commands:
[X] The Investigation Continues

---

"Are you feeling alright?" asks Koakuma.

Grey turns his head toward the little devil. His mind is filled with confusion. Somehow, he feels that something is off. Did something change?

"Ah! Don't mind it. I'm just fine," says Grey.

Koakuma cocks her head to one side.

"Are you sure you are alright? You look a bit pale." she says.

"Just a headache, I think. Er.. what were we doing again?" he asks.

"Eh? You just told me a moment ago," says Koakuma. "You said that you need to pick up a few things from your room."

"Hmm.. is that so?" mumbles Grey. He is beginning to remember the details now. Koakuma is accompanying him as he continues to investigate the incidents. Just a while ago, he told her that he needs to return to his room for a few minutes.

"Anyway, we should get going," says Koakuma.

She grabs hold of his hand and squeezes it a little bit.

"I'm really glad that you let me come with you," she says. Her smiles kindly at him as they start walking along the hallways.

...

There were several different things in his room, but most of the items seemed like junk. He only took a few things. He decided to take the Stradivarius violin and its case. For some reason, he feels that this will be useful somehow. He also takes some fresh ammo for his pistol, making sure that he has two spare clips. This should be more than enough for any unexpected encounters.

"Are you ready now?" Koakuma asks.

"Yes, I think this will do," he replies.

This time, he won't be caught offguard.

"Huh?" says Grey aloud.

Koakuma looks back at him curiously.

"Is something wrong?" she asks. He really feels that something is weird about this, but he doesn't need to worry her any further.

"Forget it," he says. "Must be my imagination."

"Is that so?" says Koakuma. "Anyway, you still haven't told me where we are going next?"

"I haven't? Hmm.."

Grey pauses to think.

[ ] Check out the front gate. The gatekeeper shouldn't be too busy.
[ ] Go to Flandre's room. She should be asleep at this time, but..
[ ] Explore the second floor. Maybe you can find Remilia's room (she's probably asleep though..).
[ ] Return to the Voile Library. Patchouli should still be there.
[ ] Head to the garden. The maids are working outside.
[ ] Wander around aimlessly. The mansion is huge.
[ ] Search for the lower library chamber. There may be something there.
[ ] Search for another way down the basement. There may be something there.
[ ] Custom

Optional:
[ ] Tell Koakuma that she should stay with Patchouli.
[ ] Tell Koakuma that you don't need her help.
>> No. 25523
[x] Head to the garden. The maids are working outside.
>> No. 25525
[X] Check out the front gate. The gatekeeper shouldn't be too busy.
>> No. 25529
[x] Head to the garden. The maids are working outside
>> No. 25530
[x] Head to the garden. The maids are working outside.
>> No. 25536
[X] Head to the garden. The maids are working outside.
>> No. 25560
File 123223542993.jpg - (28.70KB , 592x434 , blue_sky.jpg ) [iqdb]
25560
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head to the garden. The maids are working outside.

---

Grey peeks out one of the few windows in the hallway. The azure sky is dotted with wispy clouds, and the early afternoon sun feels pleasantly warm. No wonder the maids are working outside. The weather is quite nice.

"Why don't we step outside for a bit?" says Grey. "The garden looks lovely today."

"E-eh? But shouldn't we be investigating?" inquires Koakuma.

"Exactly. Most of the fairy maids are working at the garden. Maybe we can ask them a few questions." he replies.

"Ah! That sounds good," the bat-winged girl says. "One of them may have noticed something important."

"Shall we go?" he asks. Koakuma nods in approval.

After making their way through a few more hallways (they didn't encounter anything unusual), they found themselves outside at the garden. To the left, he can see the front gate at a distance. The gatekeeper should be around the area, but he doesn't see her. Perhaps she is taking a break of some sort (but wouldn't that be slacking off...)? Far to the right, he can see a well maintained hedge maze. He isn't really surprised, since this sort of thing fits the already extravagant mansion pretty well. It does look like a good place to have a walk, though.

In front of him, he can see several fairy maids hanging the laundry and dusting some mattresses. Grey motions for the little devil to follow her toward the staff. Upon seeing them approaching, several of the maids smile and wave. A few even give a bow and a curtsy. One of the fairy maids walks toward them.

"Good afternoon," she says. "How may we help you?"

"Sorry to bother your work," says Grey. "After seeing how nice the weather was, we couldn't help but step outside for a bit."

The fairy maid nods slowly. At first glance, her uniform seems to be the same as the others, but after a few moments, he notices that there is a unique insignia on her dress. Perhaps she has a higher rank than the others.

"When the weather is good, we prioritize hanging the laundry and other similar tasks," she says. "Lady Sakuya is very practical when she gives instructions."

"Speaking of Sakuya, have any of you seen her around recently?" he asks.

The fairy maid blinks at him curiously.

"We haven't seen her since this morning," says the maid. "But she always appears at the appropriate times to give new instructions. Perhaps she will arrive after we are finished here."

"I see," says Grey as he thinks. "In any case, have any of you noticed anything unusual happening this morning? Anything at all?"

She pauses to think.

"Sorry, nothing comes to mind," she says. "You can ask the others, if you like."

"Alright, thanks." he replies.

The fairy maid gives him a bow before turning around to return to her work.

"Wait," says Grey. This one seems a lot more reliable than the other fairy maids. "May I ask for your name?"

"E-excuse me?" replies the maid in surprise.

"That is, if you would care to give it," he says.

"O-of course, Master Grey," she returns. She strokes the strands of her short blonde hair nervously. The way she wears her hair is familiar somehow, especially how one side is longer than the other. Even without a hair ornament, it looks quite attractive, if not a bit boyish.

"My name is Elena," she says with a bow. "It is my pleasure to serve you."

Grey watches as Elena returns to the others. A few of the fairy maids run up to her and chatter excitedly, but she seems to be answering them calmly. Perhaps she is the type to take her work more seriously than most.

A slight tug at his sleeve grabs his attention. Koakuma looks at him thoughtfully, as if asking him where they should go next.

[ ] Head toward the hedge maze. Take a walk with Koakuma.
[ ] Take some time to question the other maids. Perhaps one of them noticed something unusual.
[ ] Walk toward the front gate. Where is the gate guard anyway?
[ ] Go back inside and wander around. Are any of the vampires awake?
[ ] Check the opposite side of the mansion. There may be a few places of interest at the back.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 25562
[x] Check the opposite side of the mansion. There may be a few places of interest at the back.
>> No. 25566
[X] Walk toward the front gate. Where is the gate guard anyway?
>> No. 25569
[†] Walk toward the front gate. Where is the gate guard anyway?

If we are here why not? I don't think the other maids are know something.
>> No. 25578
[!/] Check the opposite side of the mansion. There may be a few places of interest at the back.
>> No. 25585
{X} Walk toward the front gate. Where is the gate guard anyway?
>> No. 25594
[x] Walk toward the front gate. Where is the gate guard anyway?
>> No. 25596
File 123233033111.jpg - (131.32KB , 539x791 , meiling.jpg ) [iqdb]
25596
Loading User Commands:
[X] Walk toward the front gate. Where is the gate guard anyway?

---

"... what?" says Grey.

Meiling is leaning against the wall, napping peacefully. He knows that the gatekeeper takes naps, but he can't help but feel surprised. The mansion has been under attack for two days straight now. How can this girl fall asleep at a time like this?

"She's asleep," says Koakuma. "Should we wake her up?"

Grey pauses to think.
[ ] Wake her up. She should be guarding the gate.
[ ] Leave her be. She looks peaceful like this.
[ ] Wait patiently. Maybe you can -

"Argh!" he cries aloud. Grey crumples down on his knees.

"W-what happened?" Koakuma says as she tries to help him up. "A-are you feeling alright?"

Grey looks up at the bat-winged girl. His head is pounding, and his vision is beginning to blur. He can barely keep balanced.

"We should head back inside," she says. Her voice sounds distant, for some reason.

That sounds like a great idea. He needs to sit down. This can't be an ordinary headache. Something is wrong, and for some reason, this feels familiar.

"..kill you." she whispers.

Huh? That can't be right. Grey looks up at the little devil. She looks worried as she helps support him. He must be imagining things. But before he can think about it further, another voice interrupts him. He turns to the sleeping gate guard. Is she talking in her sleep?

"..Sakuya's orders," she whispers. "Kill Grey and make it look like an accident."

What?

"No! There isn't enough time!" cries Koakuma.

She tightens her grip on his arm, a malevolent smile upon her face.

"We should kill him now," she says.

Grey immediately pushes Koakuma away and draws his pistol. He doesn't understand what is happening, but he isn't going to die here. He isn't going to die like this.

"Not like this," he says. "Not like this!"

He raises the gun toward the two. Meiling seems completely oblivious as she continues to nap. Koakuma gasps and takes a couple of steps back. She opens her mouth, perhaps to talk some sense into him, but her words only provoke him further.

"It'll be better if he fights back. We can just claim self-defense." the little devil says.

"You can have him. I'm not hungry," comments the gate guard. How is she talking in her sleep?

Not enough time to think.

[ ] Shoot Meiling.
[ ] Shoot Koakuma.
[ ] Shoot them both.
[ ] Shoot your foot.
[ ] Drop the gun.
[ ] Run back inside.
[ ] Run away from the Mansion.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 25597
[ ] Shoot your foot.
>> No. 25598
> [ ] Wait patiently. Maybe you can -
What next? Hide our health bar, and the rest of the UI?

[x] Drop the gun.
>> No. 25599
Didn't we just bad end this decision?

[x] Shoot your foot.
>> No. 25600
[X] Drop the gun.
>> No. 25601
[X] Stop. Don't do anything.
>> No. 25603
[X] Stop. Don't do anything.
I'm tripping balls
>> No. 25604
[X] Stop. Don't do anything.
[x] Mutter to Koakuma: "I think I am not well. get help."
>> No. 25605
[X] Stop. Don't do anything.
[x] Mutter to Koakuma: "I think I am not well. get help. Or knock me out. Just stop me before i do anything irreversible."
>> No. 25611
[x] Drop the gun.

Going insane while holding a loaded firearm is a bad, bad idea. Getting rid of the gun should come first, no matter what.
>> No. 25612
[x] Drop the gun.

in b4 it's actually a banana you were holding
>> No. 25613
[X] Drop the gun.
[X] Mutter to Koakuma: "I think I am not well. Get help."
>> No. 25614
{X} Drop the gun.
{X} Mutter to Koakuma: "I think I am not well. Get help."
>> No. 25615
[!] Bullets may not be enough! Force her to stop! "Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"
>> No. 25617
[†] Shoot your foot.
[†] Drop the gun.
{†} Mutter to Koakuma: "I think I am not well. Get help."

"Of course you not! You just shoot yorself!"
"That's not what i mean Koa..."
>> No. 25621
[x] Shoot your foot.
[x] Drop the gun.
{x} Mutter to Koakuma: "I think I am not well. Get help."
>> No. 25624
[x] Shoot the gun out of your hand
>> No. 25625
[] Shoot your foot.
[] Drop the gun.
[] Mutter to Koakuma: "I think I am not well. Get help."
>> No. 25628
[x] Shoot the gun out of your hand.

Best vote ever.
>> No. 25629
[X] Shoot the gun out of your hand.
[X] Bullets may not be enough!"Command Sign, 「Master's Voice」"
>> No. 25633
>>25628
>>25629
Ack, I should have put >>25624 in quotes. It was a joke; and, I had already voted in >>25599.
>> No. 25634
Calling it.
[x] Drop the gun.
>> No. 25653
Server reconnected at: >>25635