[Return]
Archived thread

File 122764618785.jpg - (26.05KB , 450x301 , sewer_system.jpg ) [iqdb]
23444 No. 23444
Gently prying Mokou's hand from your coat, you straighten back up. Her eyes stare blindly for a moment, then flutter shut.
"Indeed, avoiding the basement sounds like a good idea then." You turn back to your companions.
"Thank you Keine." You say, nodding. "I pray we meet again."
Keine smiles sadly at you. "I hope so too, be careful."
"We're taking the sewer entrance then?" Youmu asks.
"Yes, preserving the element of surprise may give us an edge. Getting inside and sowing confusion amongst Remilia's dark horde is better than fighting them head on. There are only three of us, after all."
"Yes." Youmu nods, raising her eyebrows as if impressed. "They are many, we are few. We must divide their forces and make them fight apart from each other. You plan as well as the old masters, if not as eloquently."
"And you use stupid words." Marisa jabs at Youmu. "We're going through a sewer?"
"Yes."
Marisa shudders.

You turn to leave, the hope in the eyes of the villagers becoming too much to bear alone. Youmu and Marisa fall into step with you.
"Wait!" Keine says. You turn back to her.
"Is the whip all you have?" She asks.
You frown. "Yes. It is all I need."
She scowls. "You always were overconfident. Here," she says, digging into the pocket of her skirt, pulling out a long leather packet. She hands it to you and you open the clasp, sliding out a plain silver dagger.
"You never know when you might need it." She says. "Go on, if you fall then I won't need it anymore anyway."
You stare at the blade in silence for a long moment. "Very well."
"God be with you." She says as you leave.

[][][]

The river on the other side of the village flows slowly, water dark and brackish, hidden things moving under the surface. Marisa holds her nose at the omnipresent smell of decay. You lead your companions down to the riverbank, out of sight of the village, around the lazy curve that follows the outcropping of rock on which the castle is built. It's the perfect protection, the only way the castle can be attacked is from the drawbridge. Those cliffs of rock could never be scaled by a besieging army, not when under attack from Remilia's minions.

But a few individuals, unnoticed? That can make all the difference.

"There." Youmu says, pointing to a round stone archway, set into the cliff-face, protruding into the river.
"We have to wade?" Marisa whines. "Aww, dammit, these are new boots!"
"Yes, we have to wade." You say.
Marisa turns to you, making her eyes big, clasping her hands under her chin. "Carry me on your back? Pleeeease?"
Youmu sighs in frustration, rolling her eyes.

[ ] Carry Marisa.
[ ] Refuse, she can wade.

>> No. 23447
{X} Refuse, she can wade.

Whiny bitch.
>> No. 23449
[x] Carry Marisa.

It'll be like 2 player mode in Goemon's Great Adventure, where Marisa rides on our back and shoots spells and shit like a turret while we move, jump and whip on the bottom.
>> No. 23450
{X} Refuse, she can wade.

We'd be vulnerable to attack if we carried her. Walk it off, Marisa! You're going to to WANT to be a vampire by the time we're through with this.
>> No. 23451
[x] Carry Marisa.
As tempting as it is to make her wade, I'm not sure how deep we're going to have to go here. If it's like hip deep or something and she has spell components they might get washed away. That would be bad.
>> No. 23452
[X] Refuse, she can wade.
>> No. 23454
[X] Refuse, she can wade.

What, does she want us to hold her hand too?
>> No. 23457
Is it just me, Or does this remind anyone of the Lupin Crew?

Belmont:Daisuke
Youmu:Goemon
Marisa: Lupin

All we need now is a Femme Fatale.
>> No. 23459
[X] Refuse, she can wade.
[x] Carry Marisa.

~ze
>> No. 23460
[X] Refuse, she can wade.
>> No. 23461
[x] "Can't you ride on your broom, like the other normal witches?"
>> No. 23462
>>23461
Actually, that's the totally right thing to reply. Why didn't we think of that?
>> No. 23463
>>23461
That's pretty good actually.

[x] "Can't you ride on your broom, like the other normal witches?"
[x] Carry Marisa.
>> No. 23466
[x] "Can't you ride on your broom, like the other normal witches?"
[x] Refuse, she can wade.
>> No. 23470
Writing now~
>> No. 23473
File 122765400825.jpg - (310.04KB , 1374x952 , torch.jpg ) [iqdb]
23473
You shake your head.
"Aww, please?" Marisa whines.
"Can't you ride on your broom, like other witches?" You ask, trying not to smirk. A little joking before the horror of battle can go a long way to keeping morale up, and she deserves some taunting. You see Youmu's mouth twitch, but she doesn't smile.
Marisa pouts at you, putting her hands on her hips. "I don't have a broom! Some gentleman you are!" She says, turning around in a huff and splashing into the river, getting her boots wet. Youmu follows her without complaint, shivering a little as the water touches her bare calves.

The water is cold and cloying, making your trousers stick to your legs, but you do your best to ignore it. Youmu and Marisa both stop before the entrance to the sewers and peer inside. The weak sunlight barely penetrates the gloom beyond the opening, dull grey brick walls and moss is all you can see.
You dig around inside your coat, pulling out your torch and taking a minute to light the pitch-soaked rag with your flints. The flame springs to life, casting its orange glow inside the tunnel mouth. The walls stretch off and turn away to the right, gently sloping upwards. There are two raised stone walkways either side of the water channel. Looks safe enough.
"What is that smell? Ugh." Marisa complains, holding her nose again. Youmu frowns as well, wrinkling her nose.
"Sulphur and lime." You say, nodding at the torch. "Won't go out if it goes underwater. Now come on."

As Marisa clambers up onto the walkway, shaking the water from her boots, you feel something move in the river behind you, a shifting of the current too swift for such a stagnant body of water. Youmu feels it as well, twisting around and glancing down at the water.
"What was that?" She asks you.
"Not sure." You say, putting your hand on your whip. Damn it, you can't see your own feet through this murky water, let alone anything else.
"Hey hey! Don't stall! Get up here!" Marisa reaches down, offering her hand.

[ ] Youmu goes first.
[ ] You go first.
>> No. 23475
File 122765427473.jpg - (49.05KB , 500x364 , trash_compactor.jpg ) [iqdb]
23475
[X] Youmu goes first.
>> No. 23476
[x] Youmu goes first.
>> No. 23477
[x] Youmu goes first.
>> No. 23480
[x] The Black dude goes first.
>> No. 23481
[X] Youmu goes first.
>> No. 23487
[x] Youmu goes first.
>> No. 23488
Writing now. Letting the lady go first? Such a gentleman.
>> No. 23489
>>23488

A gentleman we may be; smart, not so sure. We have a ranged weapon, and she can block better in close-combat.
>> No. 23491
"Go on, up." You say to Youmu. Ladies first, after all. And Youmu is a lady, if a little different to what you're used to.
"But-"
"Up!" You say, tensing your hand, ready to draw the whip. Youmu takes Marisa's hand and clambers up onto the stone walkway while you cover her back. The current shifts again, something slipping through the river next to you, the water starting to roll and boil all of a sudden. You turn, trying to kick out at the movement in the water, but you're too slow.
"Belmont, grab my hand!" Youmu says from behind you. The moment you take your eyes off the water to glance at her, something breaks the surface, rushing at your face, moving too fast for you to react with the whip. You block it with your arm, bracing for the worst.

A tentacle, thick and slimy, black as night, wraps itself around your wrist, suckers clamping against your skin. It squeezes, trying to crush your bones as the water bubbles with the rising of three more tentacles, not far from you.
"Argh!" You grit your teeth with anger and pull back against the tentacle as it tries to yank you face-first into the water. Your wrist burns with pain and you try to duck as another tentacle rushes forwards. It loops over your head, towards Youmu and Marisa, but jerks itself back again, spraying green ichor everywhere as the severed tip splashes into the water.
"Dammed creature!" Youmu shouts. "Back!"
"Wait!" Marisa says, fumbling with something. "I can get a shot in! I can!"

Your hand is turning blue, circulation cut off by the tentacle's grip.

[ ] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.
[ ] Drop the torch and draw your dagger, try to cut through the tentacle.
[ ] Jab at the tentacle with the torch.
>> No. 23492
[x] Jab at the tentacle with the torch.
Fire is fun.
>> No. 23493
[X] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.
>> No. 23494
Sleep now, got to be up early in the morning. More tomorrow.
>> No. 23496
[x] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.

This is Marisa. She's going to take that shot whether we duck or not.
>> No. 23497
[X] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.

Spells are generally better than weapons vs aquatic monsters.
>> No. 23505
[x] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.

Woman had better take care of that fast lest we lose a wrist somehow.
>> No. 23508
[ ] Jab at the tentacle with the torch.

It'll help illuminate the target for Marisa too, hopefully.
>> No. 23510
[!/] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.
>> No. 23511
>>23505

Or perhaps AFINGER, amirite?
>> No. 23526
[X] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.
>> No. 23527
[✓] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.
>> No. 23528
[x] Drop the torch and draw your dagger, try to cut through the tentacle.
>> No. 23529
>>23511
I don't want to lose anything at all. If we lose our ring finger again, we can always improvise.
>> No. 23532
>>23496
Good point.

[X] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.
>> No. 23535
[X] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.

I want to see Marisa steal broom from one of the lesser monsters at the castle. Doesn't have anything to do with this vote, just that it'd be neat.
>> No. 23536
File 122771642345.jpg - (142.07KB , 800x600 , fireandwater.jpg ) [iqdb]
23536
"Haha! Got it!" Marisa says behind you. Looks like she's going to take that shot whether or not you tell her to. You duck, trying to resist the pull of the tentacle for a few moments longer. You pray that whatever Marisa is about to do, it works fast, or you're going to lose a hand.

A bottle sails over your head, cork holding back the blue liquid inside. When it reaches the apex of its arc through the air, Marisa whoops with joy and a thin beam of light hits the bottle, shattering the glass. The liquid bursts into flame as it falls, unquenched as it touches the water. The fire floats on top of the river, searing the tentacles where they emerge.

There is a horrible, alien scream of pain, muffled by water and a mouth that was never meant to be heard by human ears. The tentacle gripping your wrist lets go, flailing in pain as the others slip below the water to escape the flames.
"Quick, before the fire goes out!" Marisa says, reaching down. You flex your hand to regain some feeling before grabbing hers, feet scrabbling against the sewer entrance as you climb up.
"We should hurry inside, we don't know how far that thing can reach." Youmu says. She's gripping the handle of her longest sword, but still hasn't drawn it.
"Agreed." You say, glancing back at the dying flames of Marisa's magical fire. The water is bubbling with motion once again. "Come on." You say, holding the torch up to light your way. "And ... thank you Marisa. Good thinking there."
Marisa grins at you. "Any time, Mr. Vampire Hunter." She laughs.

You all fall silent in the increasing gloom of the sewers. Once you turn the corner there is no light but your torch, flickering and dancing against the stone walls. Marisa sticks close you to, squinting into the darkness ahead, but Youmu seems unconcerned. The waterway stinks of old effluence and rotten meat. The surface of the water is still, turgid from decades of not being cleaned. You try not to look too closely.
"How far-" Marisa starts, clamping her hand over her mouth when her voice echoes through the passageway.
"How far do you think this extends?" She whispers to you.
"There will be multiple ways into the castle. Perhaps even a storm drain of some kind." You whisper back.

The sewer suddenly widens ahead of you, branching out into three passageways. One of them is a set of stairs, leading upwards into the darkness, the second is a continuation of the waterway, path alongside only thick enough for single file. The third passageway is a door, heavy iron, bolted from this side.
"Which one?" Youmu asks quietly. "You've been here before, haven't you?"

"Not by this route." You whisper.

[ ] The stairs.
[ ] The waterway.
[ ] The iron door.
>> No. 23537
[x] The waterway.
>> No. 23538
[X] The waterway.

Single-file might be dangerous, but we're all pretty capable of taking care of ourselves, if only thus far.
>> No. 23539
[x] Duck, let Marisa do whatever insane magical thing she's about to do.
>> No. 23540
[x] The waterway.

The stairs seem a bit obvious. It's probably guarded, and the further we can penetrate while avoiding detection, the better.

>a door, heavy iron, bolted from this side
Keeping something in rather than out. Probably leads to the basement considering our current position underneath the castle.
>> No. 23541
[X] The stairs.
Since we want to reach the Mansion, upwards is the most logical direction.
>> No. 23542
[x] The stairs.
>> No. 23543
[x] The waterway.
Might give us a chance to wash the stink off our pants, lest we give ourselves away by smell.
>> No. 23544
[X] The stairs.

We're trying to go up, right?
>> No. 23545
[X] The stairs.

I have a feeling the waterway is going to be it's own separate section. And I'd like to point out that whips don't work well in water... and there's and issue with something called "drowning".
>> No. 23546
[ ] The waterway? - Oh hell no, water levels in the old Castlevanias are asking for trouble.
[ ] The iron door? - Ditto for dungeon/torture chamber levels.

So that leaves...

[X] The stairs.

Probably low risk/reward, but we aren't here to sightsee, we're here to kill Dramilia.
>> No. 23547
[x] The iron door.

Just because no one else is voting for it. I actually have a feeling the stairs lead to the basement, and this leads to ground floor.
>> No. 23549
Calling votes now. Up the stairs you go~
>> No. 23550
[x] The iron door.

Bolted from this side...
I think some precious allies could be behind that door.
>> No. 23553
File 12277288157.jpg - (35.83KB , 355x440 , staircase.jpg ) [iqdb]
23553
"We need to go up." You say, nodding to the stairs. "That," you point at the iron door. "Is probably the basement."
Youmu just nods at you, starting up the stairs, taking each step carefully, feeling for hidden traps with the tips of her toes, peering upwards into the gloom.
"I would say ladies first." You say to Marisa. "But I have the light."
You follow after Youmu.

The stairs wind up and up, making a single, slow rotation until levelling out to become a plain stone corridor, archway at the other end showing the dim light of day filtering through bare, skeletal trees. You grab Youmu's arm before she steps into sight of the doorway.
"Wait, there could be eyes watching that entrance." You whisper.
"Are we inside the castle?" Marisa peers over your shoulder.
"We're probably inside the castle grounds." You say. "Not sure where though, can't see anything from here."

"We should proceed with caution." Youmu says, shrugging your hand off her arm.
"Yes, follow me, slowly." You say, edging towards the archway. Nothing happens when you poke your head outside. The shattered remains of a stone door lie a few feet away. Did that Mokou girl come in through here? How did she break the door down?
"It's safe. Come on." You wave Youmu and Marisa forwards, but keep your hand on your whip, just in case. The archway you emerge from is set in a natural rise of rock, the edge of the castle. Outside again, the trees are thick, blanket of leaves crunching underfoot. Towering above it all, straight in front of you, is the Scarlet Castle. From this angle it looks almost as if the highest tower of the castle has pierced the belly of the sun as it sets. Not many hours of light left.

Marisa stretches her arms out and looks around at the trees. "This is her garden?"
You nod. "Part of it, come on."
Youmu sniffs the air. "Do you smell that?"
"Smell what?" You ask.
Youmu frowns, then shakes her head. "Nothing ... I think."

[ ] "There are many strange smells in a vampire's castle, don't let yourself be bothered by them, you're happier not knowing."
[ ] "No, go on, what do you smell?"
>> No. 23554
[x] "No, go on, what do you smell?"
>> No. 23555
[x] "No, go on, what do you smell?"
>> No. 23556
[%] "No, go on, what do you smell?"
>> No. 23557
[x] "No, go on, what do you smell?"
>> No. 23558
[x] "No, go on, what do you smell?"
>> No. 23559
[X] "No, go on, what do you smell?"
>> No. 23560
[x] "Can you smeeeeellll what the Rock is cookin'?"
>> No. 23562
[X] "No, go on, what do you smell?"

I say Youmareg smells danger.
>> No. 23563
Writing now~
>> No. 23565
File 122773398587.jpg - (445.09KB , 867x650 , As the lights go out.jpg ) [iqdb]
23565
"No, go on, what do you smell?" You ask, frowning.
Youmu shakes her head. "I'm sure it's noth-"
"No." You say sharply. "In a place like this you listen to your senses, you trust them and respond or you end up dead."
Youmu looks back at you for a long moment, impassive.
"Huh?" Marisa frowns in confusion.
Finally Youmu just nods. "I can smell spirits, unfettered from the flesh, somewhere amongst these trees."
"You can smell ghosts?" Marisa asks with incredulity. "What's it like?"
Youmu raises an eyebrow. "Ozone and electricity."
"A useful talent." You say. "Very well, we'll keep an eye out. Thank you Youmu."
She just bows her head slightly in response, leaving you wondering what matter of women you really have at your side this night.

You decide to keep the torch lit for now, better not to trip on a root and end your quest pointlessly with a broken neck. The three of you creep through the trees, branches clawing at your faces and clothes. There are no animals here, no birdsong, no rodents, nothing. This is a dead place. Ahead you can see where the trees thin out, just visible though the fog, the dull red of the castle walls reaching up to the sky like the bloodied hand of a mad god.
"What was that?" Marisa asks in a low whisper.
"What was what?"
"There!" Youmu points up. You see a scrap of red and green twisting through the branches above your head, a pair of orbs suddenly spinning towards your group. They look like balls of blue flame, each one with a screaming skull in the middle, mouths open and roaring with terrible laugher.
"Ahh!" Marisa screams in shock at the sight, one of the flaming skulls heading right for her.
"Ghosts!" Youmu shouts, actually drawing her sword. The long blade gleams in the fading light as she drops into a fighting stance. The second skull ignores her, cackling wildly at you.

[ ] Whip [target]
[ ] Silver dagger [target]
[ ] Torch [target]
[ ] Knock Marisa out of the way, Youmu seems to know what she's doing.
[ ] "Marisa! Focus!" She's no use like this.
>> No. 23566
[X] Knock Marisa out of the way, Youmu seems to know what she's doing.

I dunno if Belmont can attack ghosts...
>> No. 23567
[x] Knock Marisa out of the way, Youmu seems to know what she's doing.
>> No. 23568
>You can smell ghosts?
Just to clarify, Youmu doesn't have her ghost half with her?
>> No. 23569
[X] Knock Marisa out of the way, Youmu seems to know what she's doing.

Youmu should be fast enough to deal with them, we should concentrate on saving the noisy one.
>> No. 23571
[X] Knock Marisa out of the way, Youmu seems to know what she's doing.
>> No. 23572
>>23568
You know only what you have seen in the story.
>> No. 23573
>>23572
So then we haven't seen it. I wasn't sure if you just hadn't mentioned it
>> No. 23575
>>23570

Just deleted a wild speculation. Don't mind me.
>> No. 23576
[ ] Whip [target]
>> No. 23577
[X] Knock Marisa out of the way, Youmu seems to know what she's doing.
>> No. 23578
>>23577
Finally a fifth vote!
>> No. 23580
>>23578
Eh, day before Thanksgiving over in America, so it's a slow day for votes, right?

Anyway, writing now.
>> No. 23581
>>23580

Oh, Thanksgiving, didn't think of that. I'm rather oblivious to what's happening in the US of A. Although now I find myself craving for turkey.
>> No. 23582
>>23580

Screw Thanksgiving. A good story is more important than some damn turkey.
>> No. 23583
File 122774303463.jpg - (43.40KB , 320x480 , ghosts.jpg ) [iqdb]
23583
Marisa isn't going to react fast enough, this is bad. Youmu's sword flashes through the air and your instincts kick in without a second thought. You leap towards Marisa, rolling as you hit her so you land underneath her, cushioning the blow. The ghost streaks overhead, still laughing with that insane voice.
"Oh!" Marisa recovers her senses, hands on your chest, face inches from yours. She blushes, stuttering her thanks.
"Up, before it returns!" You say, heaving her off. No time for that right now.
You hop to your feet just in time to see the first ghost screaming and vanishing into mist. Youmu spins on the spot, eyes closed, striking out at the other ghost as it makes a return pass at you and Marisa. She moves faster than any swordsman you've ever seen, blade humming with speed as it passes through the ghost as if through mist. It screams and vanishes like the first one.

Youmu's eyes snap open and her sword returns to the scabbard in one swift motion.
"Ghosts." She almost smiles, corners of her mouth twitching. "Useless."
"Nyahahahahaha!" Sudden laughter breaks from the treetops, from the place the skulls sprang from moments before.
Your hand goes to your whip, but you pause. Using it amongst all these trees would be nearly impossible.
"Who's there?" Marisa shouts.
"Show yourself, fiend!" Youmu calls out. Did her voice just waver slightly? You ignore it for now, talking about morale isn't such a good idea in front of a foe. Youmu's reasons are her own.

A figure leaps from branch to branch above your heads, pausing only long enough to get a brief glance of her. A black dress, lined with green, and red hair, braids bouncing as she jumps between the branches. You spot a pair of tails poking out from under the dress and a pair of bestial ears on her head, like a cat. Must be some kind of demon.
"Come down here and fight!" Youmu says, sounding much more confident now. The cat-woman raises a hand, another skull forming at the tips of her fingers.
"Fiiiight?" The woman asks. "What should there be to fight in here? Interlopers in the Countess' castle, perhaps?" She balances on the branch like an expert acrobat, bare toes constantly shifting to keep her steady.
"It's a nekomata." Marisa says quietly. "Cat spirit."
"Cat!?" The woman says, frowning down at you as she summons a second skull with her other hand. "My name is Orin!" She snarls at you. "I will not be reduced to a mere designation like the stupid China-girl!"

She raises her hands, as if about to hurl the skulls at you. They start to howl and chatter their teeth in anticipation.

[ ] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.
[ ] Go for your whip, strange her before she can throw the skulls.
[ ] You won't be fast enough to counter her, dodge the attack, leave the ghosts to Youmu.
>> No. 23586
[x] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.
[x] You won't be fast enough to counter her, dodge the attack, leave the ghosts to Youmu.

Piss her off and let Youmu deal with the ghosts. We need to get her away from the trees before we kick her ass.
>> No. 23587
[X] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.
>> No. 23588
[x] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.

Always go for dialogue.
>> No. 23589
[x] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.
[x] You won't be fast enough to counter her, dodge the attack, leave the ghosts to Youmu.
>> No. 23590
[x] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.
>> No. 23591
[Z] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.
>> No. 23592
[X] She has pride, and anger. She can be distracted. Say something, stall her.
>> No. 23593
Writing your trash-talking now~
>> No. 23594
File 122774715427.jpg - (94.40KB , 600x903 , 2ecaad0254d35704481eeb03457347a7.jpg ) [iqdb]
23594
"Wait a moment," you say, raising your hand. "Cat."
"I am not 'cat'!" The woman shouts at you. The skulls clack their teeth together, eager to be after their prey, but she doesn't throw them.
"A beast such as yourself deserves no name." You say.
"You take that back! Say my name!"
"You are a cat and I shall call you one."
"Argh!" The woman stamps her feet in frustration, bouncing up and down on the branch, but managing to keep her balance. "You humans are all so horrible!"
"Is this really necessary?" Youmu hisses. You nod, holding up a finger to silence her.
"What need does the Countess Remilia have for a cat anyway?" You ask Orin, trying to sound merely curious. Perhaps you can get some information from this demon.
"She has every need!" The woman frowns and pouts. "Remilia has called all the darkest creatures of the world to her side!"
Ah. That doesn't sound good.
"Then why are you here?" Marisa asks, completely straight-faced. You can see the grin tugging at the corners of her mouth though.
"Argh!" Orin rages again, stamping her feet. Suddenly she loses her balance, slipping on the branch. The pair of skulls in her hands look very worried, flickering and vanishing as she tumbles from the tree. She manages to grab hold of another branch on the way down, but then just hangs there, waving her legs in the air and yowling helplessly.
"Ahhh! Get me down!"

"Well, that was easier than it looked." Marisa turns to you, grinning.
Youmu frowns, nodding at Orin. "Should we ... er ..." She trails off as Orin hisses at her.
"Can't you just let go of the branch?" Marisa asks.
"I'm a cat!" Orin whines. "Get me down!"

[ ] Leave her hanging there, perhaps it will teach her a lesson.
[ ] Get the poor kitty down.
>> No. 23597
[X] Get the poor kitty down.

Charity is a virtue.
>> No. 23599
>"I'm a cat!" Orin whines. "Get me down!"
Daww

[X] Get the poor kitty down.
>> No. 23600
[X] Get the poor kitty down.

It doesn't feel right to just leave an animal in a tree like that.
Who knows, perhaps she might change her view of how horrible humans are.

Or, you know, she'll just decide to try to kill us again. Still, even if she did I think we can take her.
>> No. 23601
[X] Get the poor kitty down.

Eh, why not? I like cats
>> No. 23603
>>23598

Rewrite

[x] Get the poor kitty down.
[x] "I really don't see why you would follow Remilia; she obviously does not care about your well-being".
[x] Pet her head. "...Orin"
>> No. 23604
Changing my vote. Maybe having a cat come along is fine too?

[x] Get the poor kitty down.
[x] "I really don't see why you would follow Remilia; she obviously does not care about your well-being".
>> No. 23605
Maybe we could fling the whip around that branch so that she can just slide down into our arms.
>> No. 23606
>>23605

And then Marisa and Youmu let out a whistle.
>> No. 23607
>>23603
Aye!

[x] Get the poor kitty down.
[x] "I really don't see why you would follow Remilia; she obviously does not care about your well-being".

Damnit HY, where's the danger in this?
>> No. 23608
>>23607

We just entered the castle, and so far we've proven to be the smart, professional, vampire-hunter we are.

Hey, you want to change it, we could always get Belmont to drink some strange potion inside the castle which makes him act like an idiot, but I doubt that will go well.
>> No. 23613
[x] Finish the cat demon off, get your HEALTH UP and LEVEL UP, and move on.

She's probably going to trick you and become a recurring boss.

Or, she's going to stand on the other side of a bottomless pit that we're jumping over and throw medusa heads at us.

I'm going to prevent such a thing here and now.
>> No. 23616
>>23613
You could be right, but who would do such a thing? We ourselves are too chivalrous for it, Marisa is too soft and I bet Youmu would want to pat her head and hear Orin purr or tie her tails together. Or maybe I mixed that up, but it should be impossible any way.
>> No. 23617
File 122774974382.jpg - (35.05KB , 500x100 , heads.jpg ) [iqdb]
23617
>I bet Youmu would want to

Let's see if she wants to have anything to do with Remilia's servants when we lecture her on these fuckers.
>> No. 23618
File 122775002366.jpg - (158.46KB , 355x594 , ef89cdf319a43bfe7492d365fb25caac.jpg ) [iqdb]
23618
[!/] Get the poor kitty down.
>> No. 23619
>>23617
THOSE HEADS
>> No. 23620
File 122775056128.jpg - (133.16KB , 720x480 , 1211579320641.jpg ) [iqdb]
23620
>>23617
THOSE FUCKING HEADS
>> No. 23621
>>23619
>>23620

Good! Good! Harness your rage! Now imagine Orin throwing those things at us instead of the flaming ghosts she has now!
>> No. 23622
File 12277512384.png - (10.48KB , 248x227 , sotn_phantom_skull.png ) [iqdb]
23622
>>23621
But Orin uses ghosts. Medusa heads aren't ghosts. These on the other hand...
>> No. 23623
Writing now~
>> No. 23625
File 122775313624.jpg - (170.22KB , 375x500 , Tree Orin.jpg ) [iqdb]
23625
You frown at Orin. How can you leave someone hanging there on a tree, even if she is a demon? In fact, compared to some of the things you've faced during your life she's barely demonic at all. She looks so pitiful struggling like that. You sigh.
"I'll get her down."
"Are you sure about this?" Youmu asks.
"Mostly." You say. "Let me try."
Stepping over to where Orin is hanging from the branch, you reach up to hold her by the hips. She hisses at you, kicking out with her legs. You jump backwards in surprise, but you were expecting that on some level.
"Don't touch me, bad human!" Orin says, hissing at you again.
"I'll just leave you there then." You say, turning away.
"No! Wait!" She panics. "Get me down!"
You turn back, raising your eyebrows at her. "Well if I'm going to help you down then I'm going to have to touch you."
Orin pouts.
"Very well, have it your way." You say, shrugging, making an exaggerated motion as if to draw your whip. You hear Marisa gasp behind you.
Orin's eyes go wide with fear and she twists and turns on the branch. "No, no! I'll come down! I'll be a good cat!"
"That's better." You say, smiling and stepping forward. "Look, I'll hold my arms out, all you have to do is drop down."
Orin looks down at you with big, watery eyes. "Promise to catch me?"
You nod. "Promise."
She takes a big breath, shuts her eyes, and lets go of the branch.

Orin lands in your arms rather lightly. She is a cat, after all. Cracking open her eyes and peering about cautiously, she eventually looks up at you.

For a long moment you stare into each other's eyes.

"Ahhh!" She screeches, hissing at you and clawing at your face, sharp nails barely avoiding your eyes. You drop her like a sack of hot coals and she bounces to her feet, hopping away from you. Marisa covers her mouth, laughing silently.
"Bad human! You have to put me down afterwards!" Orin says.
"I did save you though." You remind her, raising a finger.
"Foul thing!" Youmu cries, stepping past you. "Now you fight, here, on the ground!"
"Ah!" Orin leaps away, skittering through the trees.

[ ] Give chase. She could alert the rest of the castle.
[ ] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.
>> No. 23627
[x] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.
She will save our ass from certain doom.
>> No. 23628
[X] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

The best heroes always fall for this one. Dumb bastards.
>> No. 23629
[x] Give chase. She could alert the rest of the castle.

I'M A BELMONT
I'M A BELMONT
SUCK MY DIIIIIIICK
I'M A BELMONT
>> No. 23631
>>23629

[!/] Give her the box

but srlsy,

[!/] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.
>> No. 23632
[x] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

Ever try to chase a cat? It doesn't work, they just get more scared and keep on running.
>> No. 23633
[X] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

Assuming Remilia can commune with her non-humanoid lackeys, the incident with the tentacle monster (to say nothing of the flashes of fire Orin made) probably gave us away anyhow.
>> No. 23634
[x] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.
>> No. 23635
>Ever try to chase a cat

Right.

[x] Throw your silver dagger at her, then give chase.

She won't be able to run as fast if she's maimed.
>> No. 23636
[X] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

I think it's a pretty big display of trust to let yourself drop into someone's arms like that, especially when you had just attacked that same person moments ago.

With patience, and perhaps a couple doses of catnip, and she might possibly kinda sorta warm up to us. Maybe.
>> No. 23637
[X] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

If you run off you'll likely get hit by one of the booby traps Orin as learned to naturally avoid.

I think it would be cute if Orin got caught in one in her panic though. Like a net or something.
>> No. 23638
[x] Give chase. She could alert the rest of the castle.

While there is a chance of getting her on our side, she's going to alert the castle no matter what. So, it's either maintain the element of surprise, or time to face some mobs.
>> No. 23643
> she's going to alert the castle no matter what

I’m not so sure about that. She might be too embarrassed to report us. I mean what's she going to say? "We've got intruders! I got stuck in a tree and they had they had to get me down, and then I got scared and ran away!"
>> No. 23644
>>23643

Orin isn't Anonymous. She may be perfectly willing to tell a lie or leave information out instead of telling the exact truth in every scenario.

"I found three intruders, but they were too strong and numerous for me to take on by myself, so I ran." See? She can say exactly what the higher ups NEED to know, and the tree incident easily becomes a dirty little secret that nobody will ever know about.
>> No. 23645
That's all for tonight, I need to sleep.

Usually fortnightly drop in internet use coming up for me, one or perhaps two updates a day, maybe. Back in full on Sunday afternoon!
>> No. 23646
[X] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

Kitty~
>> No. 23648
>>23644
That's assuming anyone would actually care what her excuse is, rather than focus on the fact that she failed to stop the intruders and should probably be severely punished for it.

A little embarrassment at getting stuck in a tree is probably the least of her worries, especially since Remilia doesn't sound like she's the lenient and forgiving type.

Instead of risking any form of punishment by letting on that she basically let the intruders escape alive and unharmed, I would think the better tactic would be to keep silent on the matter and claim complete ignorance in the event that anyone actually thinks to question her about it.

Not that it will likely matter. By the time anyone higher on the chain of command notices they have company, they'll probably be too preoccupied dealing with the intruders to waste time questioning the peons.

Of course, this is all moot if Satori enters the equation.
>> No. 23649
>>23648

I'm going to assume, until I see otherwise, that Remilia, while being completely fucking ruthless when it comes to puny nameless human villagers, isn't incompetent enough to react to her minion giving her very vital information by going "YOU COULDN'T DEFEAT THE BELMONT, A MAGICIAN, AND A SWORDSMAN AT THE SAME TIME BY YOURSELF? GOD DAMN, YOU'RE USELESS ORIN. YOU GET THE DEATH SENTENCE."

Because really, I know she's the Big Bad and all, and she has to maintain a reputation of being ULTRA EVIL, but that's fucking stupid. If she has a single brain cell in her body she should realize that running and telling her would be the smart thing to do and then proceed to send Orin back to kill us, along with several other bosses to back her up.
>> No. 23650
>>23649
It doesn’t matter what Remilia would do, it matters what Orin THINKS she’ll do. Like you said, she’s being completely fucking ruthless, and I imagine that’s not just an image she maintains outside the castle. I doubt she wants any of her new ‘allys’ getting any funny ideas about who’s in charge. Orin may assume failure means death, and thus report nothing.
>> No. 23651
>>23650
>it matters what Orin THINKS she’ll do
>"What need does the Countess Remilia have for a cat anyway?"
>"She has every need!"

It sounds to me that Orin might be thinking she isn't expendable enough to get killed over such a slight, and might be willing to spill the beans.
>> No. 23655
>>23651
Yet look at how angry she got when her importance was questioned, how insistent she was on not being referred to as a mere cat but called by her name, and of course:
>>"I will not be reduced to a mere designation like the stupid China-girl!"

Her claims that Remilia has "every need" for someone like her sounds less like an assessment of her value and more an attempt to convince others (and possibly herself) that she even HAS value.

She didn't get angry at being called something she wasn't, but something she was. She's a cat, she knows she's a cat, but she doesn't like being treated like one. Likewise, I believe she knows she's at the bottom of the ladder, but doesn't want to be treated like she is.

That aside, how do we know that the only thing for Orin to fear from Remilia is death? After all, there's more than one way to skin a cat, and as troublesome as some of the things dwelling in that castle are bound to be, I would think she'd have enough sense to have some other means of keeping them in line beyond mere intimidation.
>> No. 23656
>>23648

You know, she did retreat. If Remilia catches her away from her post, she's going to ask questions, and who's to say Orin isn't going to get nervous and be found out that she's hiding something? It'll be forced out of her.
>> No. 23657
I think you are all overthinking this and worrying way too much. Relax and enjoy the antics of Orin~
>> No. 23658
[x] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

Honestly, who really cares either way if Remilia knows were here? She's just going to sit in the throne room for the next 5-10 hours, eagerly awaiting her monolouge anyway.
>> No. 23660
>>23658
Its true. She'll have Sakuya light some more candles, wave some musky incense, etc. You know, increase the atmosphere for us. Its like rolling out a red blood soaked carpet.
>> No. 23664
[x] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.
>> No. 23671
Well in the end, she became more useless than that stupid Gateguard~
>> No. 23675
>>23660

Now I have this image in my head of Remilia hurriedly ordering around her servants trying to get the throne room perfect for the final battle, panicking because she's running out of time.

"No! NO! More candelabras!! Where's the pendulum?! It was supposed to be here at noon! Fool! Skulls go to the right of the spikes, not the left!"
>> No. 23677
[x] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.
>> No. 23679
File 122782373136.jpg - (89.24KB , 800x567 , remi.jpg ) [iqdb]
23679
>>23675
Organists are the worst to find during crunch time. Every final boss needs some dark epic organ or grand piano playing in the background. Its compelling, yet classical. Hope she has the Prismriver Sisters on hand.



And JUST before Belmont reaches her:

Remilia frantically waves her arms in the air while Sakuya applies makeup to her.

"Oh Sakuya, I just don't know what to say! Its been years since I've fought this Belmont. He probably barely even remembers me. Do I use the same lines as last time, or change it? I mean I want to look like I've grown as a person and become more powerful, but still make it feel natural!"

"Remilia-sama, please calm down. I'm sure you've struck fear into his very core and the horrors of fighting you years ago are fresh in his mind. Just be yourself."

*creak of outer sanctum doors opening*

"ohmygodohmygod he's here he's here! Sakuya, make the ghosts start playing. Ohmygodohmygod turn off the lights."

Belmont enters. Remilia sits on her throne with a goblet, looking casual and jaded but with the hint of a sly smile.

"Hello again....Belmont. How unexpected of you to visit."
>> No. 23680
And then we proceed to kill the moment by putting Marisa and Youmu on Sakuya while we proceed to teach Remilia how skilled we are with a whip
>> No. 23681
>>23680
Aww you can't do that. Villains put a lot of work into their speeches. You don't just cut their monologues short. Its all they have. You have to wait until they have you within their grasp and are arrogant about winning before you fight seriously.
>> No. 23682
>>23681

Exactly. The further they fall, the sweeter the victory.
>> No. 23683
>>23679
That sounds good.

[x] Requesting a SDM CYOA dungeon keeper style!

Are you a bad enough ojou-sama to ward off the vampire hunter party?
>> No. 23684
>>23683
Mh, this could turn out to be rather stressful:
You've got an earful of China nagging that she wants a raise in pay, or any pay at all, food and shelter to boot. Then there's Sakuya who constantly reminds you to behave like the lady you are: "Don't take them on yourself so early, let your vasals do that. Wait until they come to your throne room.", "You've got your dress dirty, change clothes before the next battle! No, I have to stay in the room to make sure you dress properly. By the way, could you turn around so I can check you out? Oh, I forgot: I need to measure your sizes again, your tailor wants to know.". And then there is of course Patchu who complains that her summoned demon is only good for a cup of tea.
tl;dr
It would be horrible!
>> No. 23689
>>23684
>then there is of course Patchu who complains that her summoned demon is only good for a cup of tea.
Don't remind me! ;_;
>> No. 23719
Belmont is planning pretty well, but nothing short of tripping balls beforehand will prepare him for what's in store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Jp_pZzXnU
>> No. 23720
>>23719

I died when blues eyes Koakuma popped up with what seemed to be a DATASS smirk.
>> No. 23721
File 122794646223.jpg - (24.36KB , 472x354 , ohgodmistahbearnotyoutoo.jpg ) [iqdb]
23721
>>23720
Yeah that video has all sorts of crazy stuff in it.
>> No. 23723
>>23719
Is there an mp3 of that music? It's kinda catchy.
>> No. 23724
[x] No, let her go. She owes you a debt now.

>>23719
his take on the sdm crew is interesting to say the least...
>> No. 23725
Sorry for the total lack of updates, story will resume on Sunday come hell or high water.
>> No. 23726
>>23719

That's probably the most accurate SDM.
>> No. 23781
Sorry for the wait.

[][][]

"No." You say, putting a hand on Youmu's arm to restrain her as Orin bounces off into the fog. She slowly becomes one with the wall of grey, already light footsteps finally absorbed by the carpet of leaves.
"Why aren't we chasing her?" Youmu demands, rounding on you, frowning.
You raise an eyebrow at Youmu. "She owes me a debt now." You say, softly, suddenly aware of the suffocating presence of the forest bearing down on your little group once more. Marisa shuffles closer to you.
"A debt? A debt is nothing to such a fickle creature." Youmu hisses at you between her teeth.
"On the contrary, she obviously wanted respect, recognition. She can be manipulated."
Youmu's expression is set for a moment, then she merely nods. "Very well."

As the sun dips behind the castle, the woods start to grow cold and dark, the trees casting twisted shadows on the ground. Marisa shivers, hugging herself, while Youmu's hand never leaves the hilt of her longest sword. You don't allow yourself to grow too tense or too relaxed, eyes flitting between the treetops above and the red stain of the castle in front. Eventually, your reach the edge of the tree line, all three of you stopping and peering between the gnarled trunks at the dry grass and dead flowers on the little strip of garden between you and the castle wall.
"Nobody's there." Marisa says.
"This is probably the back of the castle." You say. "They will not be expecting an assault from this direction."
Youmu frowns. "Why are the plants all dead?"
You shrug. "Unlife breeds death. That or simple neglect."
Youmu tuts under her breath.
The windows near the bottom of the castle are mostly arrow-slits, like sucking lips in the red stone, but further up the architecture becomes more grand and extravagant. There are shadowed balconies, leering gargoyles and massive stained-glass windows depicting blasphemous and obscene things. The many towers loom over your heads like unassailable titans, horrible dark shapes clinging to the stonework close to their summits. You can see light inside, flickering in many different parts of the castle. Torch, lamp, candle and other, more inhuman methods of making light.
"How do we get in from here?" Youmu asks.
"There." You point. Set into the wall of the castle is an old oak doorway, tall as three men, a large iron bar holding it closed.
"We going to open that?" Marisa asks. "How?"
"Force." You say. "Or we can scale that." You point to an open window, on what is probably the second floor. Vines lead up the stone wall, passing close enough to make a leap inside.
"Yeah, sneaking up is better." Marisa chips in.
Youmu shakes her head. "We should take the door, we don't want to leave our rear exposed."

[ ] The window.
[ ] The door.
>> No. 23782
[x] The window.
>> No. 23783
[✗] The door.
>> No. 23784
[x] The Door

Think in castlevania terms, staircases make you very vulnerable.
>> No. 23785
[x] The window.

Let's say Orin doesn't alert the castle; we maintain the element of surprise, and a few bats aren't going to knock us down. Besides, going through the door wastes time, and is asking for some random, unwanted encounter.
>> No. 23786
[x] The door.

>"Why are the plants all dead?" "Unlife breeds death. That or simple neglect."

There is no such thing as a head maid who neglects the garden! If Youmu is defeated, she could be hired as a gardener here. Not much would change: quirky lady, but different abuse.
>> No. 23787
[x] The door.
>> No. 23788
[x] The Door
>> No. 23789
[✗] The door.
>> No. 23791
>>You shrug. "Unlife breeds death. That or simple neglect."
>>Youmu tuts under her breath.

Ah Youmu~

[x] The Door

Don't want to climb into Sakuya's bed room window.... Or do I?

[X] Window!
>> No. 23792
Six for the door. More food, then an update.
>> No. 23794
>Don't want to climb into Sakuya's bed room window.... Or do I?

"P-p-PLEASE BECOME MY BRIDE!!"
>> No. 23795
File 122807925847.jpg - (118.56KB , 533x800 , Back way in.jpg ) [iqdb]
23795
"Good thinking Youmu." You say. "We take the door, do this the old way."
"Old way?" Youmu raises an eyebrow at you.
You allow a little smile to creep onto your face. "Systematically."
"There might be guards!" Marisa says.
You nod. "There probably will be. I would rather face them head on than have them rushing our rear once we're inside."
You glance at both of your companions. Small, slight women, not people you would have fought alongside seven years ago, but things change. Inside the castle, will they hold together? Can they even be trusted? You know so little of their motivations, but then again you haven't exactly been forward about your own reasons. Any help against Remilia is welcome.
"Are you both ready?" You ask. "There can be no turning back now, not once we enter the Scarlet castle. We might not all make it out alive." Or sane, you stop yourself from adding.
"A warrior feels no doubt once the path is trod." Youmu says, her words like an echo.
"Yeah." Marisa nods. "I'm ready."
"Very well." You take a deep breath and step beyond the tree line. "Follow me."

The grass is brown and dying. Closer investigation of the flower-beds shows them littered with bones, yellowed femurs and skull fragments choking the plants. No insects play in the dusk. No cricket chirps, no beetle scurries, no wasp buzzes. All is silence. Your torch casts a dim light across the red stone walls, making them dance as if dripping with fresh blood.
"How are we going to open this?" Youmu says, voice hushed, when you reach the doorway.
"We can take the bar off if we both pull at once, come on." You say, hefting one end of the heavy iron rod. Youmu takes her end and after a moment's struggling you dump it to the floor. It hits the ground with a loud thump, making you all wince with the echo.

There is a surprised grunt from inside, followed by a snuffling sound, like a pig but much louder. Youmu takes a step back from the door and places her hand back on her sword.
"Shit!" Marisa hisses through her teeth. "What do we do, what do we do?!"
"Calm down." You say. "We -"

[ ] Hide somewhere.
[ ] Wait for the door to open, ambush whatever is coming to investigate.
[ ] Rush the door now.
>> No. 23796
[X] Hide somewhere.

Wait you can't exept yourself to kill anybody that comes trough that door...
>> No. 23797
[x] Wait for the door to open, ambush whatever is coming to investigate.
>> No. 23798
[x] Wait for the door to open, ambush whatever is coming to investigate.
>> No. 23799
[X] Hide somewhere.
[X] Wait for the door to open, ambush whatever is coming to investigate.
>> No. 23800
[ ] Rush the door now.

Hello China.
>> No. 23802
[X] Wait for the door to open, ambush whatever is coming to investigate.
>> No. 23803
[x] Wait for the door to open, ambush whatever is coming to investigate.

If we catch China, we're taking her home. IF it's China.
>> No. 23807
[x] Wait for the door to open, ambush whatever is coming to investigate.
>> No. 23813
Feeling mighty tired for some reason, have to cut it short for today, sorry. Back tomorrow, hopefully with a few more updates than this.
>> No. 23817
[x] Hide somewhere.
[x] Sneak your way in without being spotted before the door closes.
>> No. 23821
>>23813
HY goes home, Saguya comes out to play. Everything's fine.
>> No. 23822
Does it have to be Meiling? We ARE in the basement ...
>> No. 23824
>>23822
What?
>> No. 23843
Hands finally warm enough to type without pain. Down to writing.
>> No. 23845
>>23843
"I-I just can't wait. I MUST PAD-VOTE!
>> No. 23849
"We wait, brace yourselves and be ready. We strike before the guard is aware of any of us, understand?" You speak in a hushed tone, looking between Marisa and Youmu.
The latter nods once, talking a step back and tensing, ready, like a coiled spring. Marisa nods vigourously, taking a deep breath and producing a number of items from her pockets. One of them, a small mushroom, she jams into her mouth and chews fast, swallowing with a look of relish on her face. As she raises the other hand, holding that strange rock from before, you notice that she's struggling to keep her eyes focused, gaze wavering, breathing growing faster and shallower. You turn away, leaving the workings of magic to those who understand them.

A rhythmic clicking sounds against the stone as the snuffling noise approaches, something large and bulky blundering into the door. Your fingers twitch around the handle of your whip, gaze fixed on the doorway. Marisa makes a strange murmur next to you, Youmu is silent as a waiting cat. The door shakes as a handle is grabbed, creaking open to reveal the darkness inside. Two beady points of light stare back at you.

"Now!" You yell, whip arcing out before either of your companions can move. Your weapon cracks against empty air as something launches itself from the doorway in a tangle of limbs, grunting and bellowing with anger.
You get a glimpse of the creature, bulky and muscled like a hunched gorilla, hairless with grey skin, cracked and smouldering, as if dragged from some insane foundry where beasts are forged instead of metal. A pair of stubby black horns poke from its forehead. It waves its too-long arms in the air, fists like cannonballs, whooping and shouting at it rushes at you, surprisingly fast for its bulk.
"What the hell is that?!" Marisa panics.
"It's a demon!" You yell, landing a hit with your whip. The monster screams with pain and reels, clutching at its ruined right eye. Youmu stands frozen with shock for a moment, then leaps into action, sword humming through the air, severing the demon's right arm at the elbow as it claws at the air in its agony. As the sooty arm falls to the floor, spreading black blood in its wake, you can see more demons piling through the doorway, some much bigger than the one in front of you. They bellow and scream incoherently.
"Shit!" Marisa says. "What do we-"
"Less talking!" You shout, pulling your whip back again, ready to strike.

"Concentrate!"

[ ] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
[ ] Rush them, join Youmu in the thick of the fighting before she gets overwhelmed.
>> No. 23850
[X] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.

Keep them in attack range!
>> No. 23851
[X] Rush them, join Youmu in the thick of the fighting before she gets overwhelmed.

If we can't even handle this, how can we hope to face the Countess?
>> No. 23852
[X] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.

Just let Marisa blast them.
>> No. 23855
[x] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
[x] Tell Youmu to pull back, little by little. We shall do the same, until we are in an area such as the trees that will give us better advantage against these large opponents.
>> No. 23857
[b] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
[b] Tell Youmu to pull back, little by little. We shall do the same, until we are in an area such as the trees that will give us better advantage against these large opponents.
>> No. 23861
>>23850

PAD-VOTE STRIKES AGAIN!

[X] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
>> No. 23862
>>23861 LIKE A NEWS TITLE!
>> No. 23864
[X] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
>> No. 23865
[x] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
[x] Tell Youmu to pull back, little by little. We shall do the same, until we are in an area such as the trees that will give us better advantage against these large opponents.
>> No. 23866
[x] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
[x] Tell Youmu to pull back, little by little. We shall do the same, until we are in an area such as the trees that will give us better advantage against these large opponents.
>> No. 23867
[X] Rush them, join Youmu in the thick of the fighting before she gets overwhelmed.
>> No. 23872
>>23851
The question isn't whether or not we could succeed, but how well we can conserve our forces until then. For that purpose, it's better to protect the more fragile (and currently drugged up) member of the group.

[x] Hold them off with your whip, stay here with Marisa, keep your distance.
[x] Tell Youmu to pull back, little by little. We shall do the same, until we are in an area such as the trees that will give us better advantage against these large opponents.
>> No. 23875
Woke up a little, writing now.
>> No. 23878
File 12281715368.jpg - (139.32KB , 800x666 , demon.jpg ) [iqdb]
23878
Youmu's sword leaves a red canyon in the throat of the foremost demon as she sprints past you and Marisa. You lash out with your whip again, trying to keep the monsters back, hitting one of the largest ones in the stomach and ripping its belly open in a shower of blood. The others pause for just a moment in shock, giving Youmu the open she needs to slam into the pack.

The whip seems to react well to these creatures.

Youmu forms a lethal wall of steel, blades severing demonic limbs as they try to get too close to her, but you can already see there's far too many of them for three people to fight on open ground. You need to get Youmu to back up, towards the trees.

"Youmu! Duck!" Marisa suddenly shouts next to you, voice like that of a drunk. Youmu doesn't miss a beat, flattening herself as a demon's claw passes over her head, swiftly followed by the searing beam of multi-coloured light from Marisa's hands.
It strikes the closely-bunched creatures like a boulder of fire, knocking some of them to the ground and smashing limbs from others, setting their grey skin alight and pulping exposed bone. Youmu straightens up as the beam passes, sword already spinning in her hands again. She takes one through the spine, another in the face a split-second later, her impassive features lit by the fire burning the flesh of the creatures she kills.

You're so mesmerised by her speed and precision you almost don't notice the demon completely missed by Marisa's blast, picking its way from the charred bits of its pack. It roars in senseless rage, hurling itself across the dead grass, hand raised to crush Marisa before her addled wits can react.

[ ] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[ ] Throwing knife to the face.
[ ] Ward it off with the torch.
[ ] Yank Marisa out of the way, let her hit it with magic again.
>> No. 23881
[x] Throwing knife to the face.

Thanks, Keine!
>> No. 23884
[x] Push Marisa out of the way.
[x] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[x] Pull it towards you and shove the dagger in its face.
>> No. 23885
[x] Throwing knife to the face.
>> No. 23886
[X] Wrap your whip around its throat.

We should yank it away. If it has enough momentum, the knife won't keep it from crushing her.
>> No. 23888
[X] Wrap your whip around its throat.

Hopefully we can wrangle it back before it hits Marisa. We'd need to dash to the side though, since we are practically next Marisa after all. Also I'll laugh if the head comes entirely off.
>> No. 23890
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!

[X] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[X] Throw the knife at it's face

more damage.
>> No. 23892
[x] Whip the beast in the eyes.

We caught one in the eyes before and it seemed pretty effective.
>> No. 23893
[X] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[X] Yank it any way but toward Marisa.
>> No. 23898
[x] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[x] Yank it any way but toward Marisa.
>> No. 23906
[X] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[X] Yank it any way but toward Marisa.
>> No. 23911
[-] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[-] Yank it any way but toward Marisa.
>> No. 23920
[x] Wrap your whip around its throat.
[x] Yank it any way but toward Marisa.
>> No. 23927
[x] Wrap your whip around its throat.

Magical Belmont Whip Attack~
>> No. 23931
Let's see what we can do about the rate of updates. New thread soon.