[Return]
Archived thread

File 122575537472.jpg - (43.13KB , 800x513 , SDM_lobby.jpg ) [iqdb]
22364 No. 22364
Testing Server Connection.
Connection Resolved.
Loading Scenario: Day 3, Afternoon

Option Selection Mode: On
Custom User Input: On
Parallel Threading: On

>> No. 22366
File 122575569582.jpg - (85.56KB , 430x610 , sakuya_knives.jpg ) [iqdb]
22366
Loading User Commands:
[X] Wait patiently in the room.

---

Grey decides to wait patiently in the classroom. Among the youkai, he knows that Keine is the most friendly to humans, but he shouldn't push his luck. If he is to learn more, he needs to get on the good side of the Village Guardian.

He reflects on his recent confrontation with Sakuya. He never expected to see that expression on her face. She was scared. Something horrible must have happened in the past. Someone betrayed her.

He pulls out the Mauser C96 from his holster and examines it. He doesn't exactly understand why he did it, but he risked everything that time.

"That was a really stupid thing to do," he says to himself.

He knew he didn't do anything wrong. He knew that Sakuya was willing to kill. But thoughts of running away or fighting back never came to mind. Was he guilty from having that bizarre dream? He shakes his head. That wasn't the reason.

He just couldn't bear watching her cry.

The sound of footsteps interrupts his thoughts. He quickly replaces the gun in its holster. He prepares his best smile as he glances at the door. Someone comes inside.

But it isn't Keine.
>> No. 22367
File 122575649915.jpg - (270.25KB , 1024x768 , yinyang.jpg ) [iqdb]
22367
For a moment, the two men watch each other in silence.

Grey looks at the stranger. He is wearing a hooded traveller's cloak, and he is holding a long walking stick and a thick book. However, his other clothes are clearly of modern design. He must be an Outsider.

The man is frowning slightly, and his eyes betray a sense of suspicion. Maybe he didn't expect to find him in Keine's office?

"My name is Grey, are you here to see the Village Guardian?" Grey asks.

The man pauses before replying.

"Village Guardian?"

"Yes, I heard that Keine protects the Human Village from youkai attacks and other threats. She acts as a school teacher for the children during the rest of the time, if I'm not mistaken," he says.

"I see," the man says. "My name is Grimnír, and I just recently arrived here in the village."

"Pleased to meet you. If I could, I'd offer you a cup of tea," he says. He shifts his legs to more comfortable position.

Grimnír pauses and tightens his grip on his staff. Something seems to have agitated him. "Did I say something wrong?" Grey thinks as he maintains his smile. The last thing he needs is another misunderstanding.

"Perhaps you don't like tea? We can probably find a tavern somewhere if you like," he says. "We Outsiders should stick together. Gensokyo is a dangerous place, after all."

Grimnír smirks, but he hasn't loosened his grip on his staff. Grey didn't expect him to react that way. He needs to find a way to change the atmosphere before something stupid happens.

"So, why carry a gun when meeting a schoolteacher?" Grimnír asks.

"Self-defense," he answers. When did he notice the pistol under his coat? This man is perceptive.

The two men stare at each other in silence. Neither of them is smiling.
>> No. 22368
File 122575676679.jpg - (77.07KB , 439x500 , keine2.jpg ) [iqdb]
22368
"A-ahem!"

Both men jump at the sound. Keine is standing at the doorway with an exasperated look on her face.

"If you have a conflict to resolve, then I would appreciate it if you would take your danmaku duel somewhere else. A school is no place for violence," she says as she takes her seat behind the desk.

"Danmaku?" Grimnír asks.

Keine opens her desk and takes a couple of sheets of paper. She gives them each a copy.

"Spell Card Rules," she says. "Just read through this when you have time. The shrine maiden asked Akyu and I distribute these to outsiders."

"Thank you very much," Grey says. He needs to read through this later.

"Unfortunately, I don't have much time for you two," Keine says. "I have several errands to run after this. So, may I ask you to limit yourselves to two questions each?"

The two nod slowly.

Grey pauses to think.

[ ] Ask about the attacks around the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[ ] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[ ] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[ ] Ask about Remilia.
[ ] Ask about Sakuya.
[ ] Ask about the Hakurei Shrine meeting.
[ ] Ask about the attacks around the village.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22372
[x] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[x] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 22375
[!/] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[!/] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 22376
[x] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[x] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 22378
Careless.
>> No. 22380
[X] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[X] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
Also throwing in, as a parting comment:
[X] "If possible, may I return at some later time? There is much more I wish to know."
>> No. 22382
[x] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[x] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 22384
[x] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[x] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 22400
[--] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[--] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Information huntan gaems.
>> No. 22407
File 122585292360.jpg - (96.70KB , 480x584 , remilia.jpg ) [iqdb]
22407
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
[X] Ask about the attacks on the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

---

Grey takes a glance at Grimnír, and he sees that he is still thinking. Grey clears his throat.

"If I may go first," he says. "I'd like to know more about other outsiders who stayed at the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"Hmm," Keine says. "As far as I know, Remilia and the others welcome outsiders who end up near the mansion. She often sends them here to the village after a while."

She pauses, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Now that you mention it, there was that one guy who stayed with them for a pretty long time. He used to come here to the village together with Sakuya and Remilia. I heard that he isn't at the mansion anymore."

"Do you know what happened?" he asks.

"I'm not exactly sure. Sakuya came here after a while, asking if anyone has seen him. Looks like he went missing, but neither Remilia, nor any of the others said anything else. I think it might be a sensitive subject for them."

"I see," he says.

Sakuya mentioned something similar earlier. He thinks that he heard some hints about it from the others, but he can't recall exactly what they said. If he could find more clues to this person's whereabouts, perhaps he can resolve the incidents at the mansion.

"How about you?" Keine asks Grimnír.

"Alice and Marisa mentioned something about a meeting today at the Hakurei Shrine. I'm curious to why the shrine maiden would call a meeting. Would you know?" Grimnír asks.

"I have to admit that I was surprised when she called for it. She invited some of the most influential youkai and humans in Gensokyo. Kaguya, Remilia, Kanako, Yuyuko, Yukari, Sikieiki and several others were sent invitations."

Keine sighs.

"Unfortunately, I'm too busy to go to Reimu's little gathering. Mokou went in my place. I can't really afford to leave the village right now."

Both Sakuya and Remilia left this morning to attend that meeting. It must be really important, or maybe Remilia just wanted to get out of the house. Either way, he should remember to ask them about it later.

Grimnír looks like he is in deep thought. Grey gives Keine a nod.

"May I ask if you know anything about the attacks on the mansion?" he asks.

Grimnír looks up at him. Grimnír gives him a slight nod before turning to Keine.

"I want to know more about the attacks around the Forest of Magic," he says. "Are these attacks all related somehow?"

Keine looks at them both thoughtfully.

"From what I know, the attacks on those two places are unrelated. Various beast-type youkai have been attacking the Scarlet Devil Mansion and the lake around it. I heard some youkai merchants have gone missing around that area. Around the Forest of Magic, a human carrying a trident has been attacking travellers. I heard that some fairies have been unusually aggressive, as well."

Suddenly, Keine bangs her hand hard on the desk.

"And that doesn't even count the incidents around the village. Several of the villagers have gone missing, some of them youkai. I've been patrolling every night, but I've found nothing!"

She composes herself before continuing.

"There are incidents in other places, as well. Reimu thinks that they might all be related, but she hasn't found any proof. Hopefully, they decided to do something in that meeting of hers."
>> No. 22408
File 122585296829.jpg - (42.64KB , 523x507 , Sakuya.jpg ) [iqdb]
22408
Grimnír muttered something about taking a walk around the village. He doesn't seem to be very social, but he seems to be a decent fellow. Perhaps he can invite him for a drink after this mess is all cleared up.

After thanking Keine, Grey heads back to his agreed meeting place. He isn't carrying a watch, so he better not risk Sakuya's wrath.

"..."

He sees Sakuya standing outside of an antique shop. She seems to be looking at something inside. She has an expression of longing on her face.

[ ] Greet her normally.
[ ] Surprise her from behind.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22409
[x] Surprise her from behind.

With a "hello" and a hand on the shoulder, of course.
>> No. 22410
[x] Surprise her from behind.

Earl Grey: master of wrecking lightening the mood.
>> No. 22413
[X] Try to get a look at whatever she is viewing, then greet her normally and ask about it.
>> No. 22414
[x] Try to find out what she's looking at before greeting her.
[x] Surprise her from behind.

So you can buy it later.
>> No. 22419
[x] Try to find out what she's looking at before greeting her. Plan to buy it later.
[x] Surprise her from behind.

excellent
>> No. 22420
[x] Try to find out what she's looking at before greeting her. Plan to buy it later.
[x] Surprise her from behind.
>> No. 22421
[X] Try to find out what she's looking at before greeting her. Plan to buy it later.
[X] Surprise her in the behind.
>> No. 22448
File 122593291185.jpg - (30.29KB , 450x516 , sakuya_dog.jpg ) [iqdb]
22448
Loading User Commands:
[X] Try to find out what she's looking at before greeting her.
[X] Surprise her from behind.

---

"What sort of item would Sakuya be interested in?" Grey mutters to himself.

Grey walks casually toward the shop, but he doesn't call out to her. Instead, he walks right behind her. She doesn't seem to notice. Her hands are fidgeting with her apron. He carefully takes a peek over her shoulder. He smiles as he recognizes the item. Sakuya didn't seem like that type of girl.

"A hand mirror?" he asks.

"W-w-what the?" she stammers.

She trips on her feet and loses her balance. Grey manages to grasp her hand to stop her from falling.

"Careful!" he says.

For a moment, the two of them look into each other's eyes. Then, Sakuya quickly pulls her hand away.

"I-I-I can take care of myself!" she shouts.

"..."

"B-but thanks, anyway," she whispers.

Grey nods. He doesn't recognize it immediately, but something looks strange with her face. Is she blushing?

Before he can observe further, she takes his hand and starts walking forward. They take two steps on the pavement. Grey blinks. Without warning, they are standing in front of the entrance to the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

"Huh?" he asks.

"I have a lot of work to finish, so I'll leave you here." Sakuya says.

In the next moment, she vanishes.

Grey pauses to think. Seems like she isn't in the mood to talk.

A glance at the sun tells him that he has a few hours before sunset.

[ ] Head outside of the mansion.
[ ] Go back to your room.
[ ] Walk around the garden.
[ ] Visit the Voile Library.
[ ] Wander aimlessly around the mansion.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22449
[x] Visit the Voile Library.

Get the book "100 uses for Charisma".
>> No. 22453
[x] Visit the Voile Library.

>>22449

Fuck that, we need to have our goddamn tea with Koakuma already.
>> No. 22454
[--] Visit the Voile Library.

Why not?
>> No. 22455
I see no reason against this train, excepting that these options for seemingly aimless action continually appear; what could occur due to them, I wonder?
[X] Visit the Voile Library.
>> No. 22460
So, are we going to buy that mirror later, or what?
>> No. 22461
>>22460
If we get a chance to go back to the village, I guess.

[x] Wander aimlessly around the mansion.
SUDDENLY, F.O.E.
>> No. 22463
[X] Visit the Voile Libary.
>> No. 22464
>>22455
Shush. *evil grin*
>> No. 22465
>> 22464
Translation: He's leaving options that either kill us or derail from the current task.

[x] Visit the Voile Libary.
Sakuya is cool and all, but can we has Patchy route now?
>> No. 22477
File 122601969293.jpg - (29.80KB , 400x400 , patchy_pillow.jpg ) [iqdb]
22477
Loading User Commands:
[X] Visit the Voile Library.

---

The Voile Library is bustling with activity. To the right, he can see a group of fairy maids filling up a wheelbarrow with books. Looks like several shelves were destroyed during the attack. Patchouli probably asked them to collect the undamaged books. To the left, another group of fairies is sorting and replacing books back on the shelves. They look pretty busy. Koakuma isn't in sight, but she is probably somewhere inside.

Grey walks deeper into the library. He hasn't seen Patchouli in a while. Maybe he can try to catch her while she isn't busy.

"E-excuse me," someone asks.

Grey feels a gentle tug from behind him. He turns his head to see one of the fairy maids looking up to him. She looks familiar. He gives her a gentle smile.

"Yes? Is there anything you need to tell me?" he asks.

The fairy maid blushes as she fidgets with something under her apron.

"P-please, take this!" she says, shoving something into his hands. She immediately runs off to the group of maids sorting the books. Several of the other maids are cheering or giggling.

Grey looks at the item. He is holding a lovely pink envelope sealed with a red heart-shaped sticker. He pockets the item quickly as he heads deeper into the library. Seems like he is making more friends each day.

After several minutes of navigating through the endless sea of books, Grey finally spots a familiar face. Surrounded by a fortress of books, a splotch of pink and purple catches his eyes. He raises his hand to wave, but she doesn't react. He barely stops himself from calling out to her.

Patchouli is sleeping on top of an open book on her desk. Her cloth cap has fallen to the side, revealing her long purple hair. For someone who spends most of her time indoors, her hair is surprisingly well-groomed. Her smooth unblemished skin contrasts beautifully to the rigid arrangement of books around her. Her pink dress is slightly loose, exposing part of her delicate shoulder. Grey just continues watching her sleep, completely mesmerized.

Suddenly, she coughs. The sound she makes is hardly louder than a baby's. Her cheeks turn slightly pink. Is she feeling cold?

[ ] Wrap your coat around her.
[ ] Adjust her dress to cover her shoulders.
[ ] Nudge her gently and try to wake her up.
[ ] Take a seat beside her and continue watching her face.
[ ] Take a seat beside her and read something.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22478
[ ] Wrap your coat around her.
[ ] Take a seat beside her and read something.
>> No. 22479
[ ] Wrap your coat around her.
[ ] Take a seat beside her and read something.
>> No. 22480
[X] Wrap your coat around her.
[X] Take a seat beside her and read something.

>[ ] Take a seat beside her and continue watching her face.
Do not want Creepy Richard.
>> No. 22481
[x] Wrap your coat around her.
[x] Take a seat beside her and read something.

Ah, Patchouli~
>> No. 22484
>>22481 might as well join in on this.
[X] Wrap your coat around her.
[X] Take a seat beside her and read something.
>> No. 22502
{X} Wrap your coat around her.
{X} Take a seat beside her and read something.
>> No. 22513
[X] Wrap your coat around her.
[X] Leave the pink envelope in front of her.
>> No. 22514
[x] Wrap your coat around her.
[x] Take a seat beside her and read something.

Patchu-san~
>> No. 22522
File 122610712970.jpg - (84.75KB , 490x490 , patchy_wake.jpg ) [iqdb]
22522
Loading User Commands:
[X] Wrap your coat around her.
[X] Take a seat beside her and read something.

---

Grey gently wraps his coat around Patchouli. The poor girl must be exhausted. He takes a glance at the magician. She actually looks pretty cute like this. He resists the urge to stroke her hair as he adjusts the coat. She must have been working hard on her research, or perhaps she was looking for a way to improve the mansion's defenses. She didn't even find time to return to her room to rest properly.

Come to think of it, he hasn't had a chance to speak with Patchouli today. He surveys the nearby shelves. Perhaps he can find something interesting while he is in the library. He takes a few minutes to browse through the nearby titles.

"Nnnggmm..."

Grey turns around to see that Patchouli shifted her head to the side. Looks like she is still sleeping. He grabs a book from the shelf and takes a seat beside her.

"Invoking Spirits for Beginners" he reads. He doesn't know much about magic, but somehow this title caught his interest. He opens the book and starts reading. It is surprisingly interesting, and soon he is engrossed in it. The minutes pass by quickly as he flips through its pages. He learns about amplifiers and focusing devices that allow spirits to manifest themselves in this plane. Seems like some of them can be used by those with little or no magical ability.

After finishing another chapter, he takes a glance at Patchouli. He jumps slightly when he sees her staring dreamily at him. The afternoon sun accentuates her delicate features. Under this light, her long purple hair has a thousand different shades, like a rainbow. Her deep violet eyes reflect an indescribable wisdom and intelligence. Her cheeks are tinged pink in a beautiful contrast to her flawless skin.

He didn't hear or feel her move. How long was she awake?

[ ] Greet her normally.
[ ] Ask her how she is feeling.
[ ] Ask her if you can stay here and read.
[ ] Ask her what she thinks about the youkai attacks.
[ ] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
[ ] Ask her where Koakuma is.
[ ] Ask her for your coat back.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22523
[X] Greet her normally.
[X] Ask her how she is feeling.
[X] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
>> No. 22524
[ ] Ask her how she is feeling.
[ ] Ask her if you can stay here and read.
>> No. 22525
{X} Greet her normally.
{X} Ask her how she is feeling.
{X} Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
>> No. 22526
[x] Ask her how she is feeling.
[x] Ask her if you can stay here and read.
[x] Ask her what she thinks about the youkai attacks.
>> No. 22527
[!/] Ask her how she is feeling.
[!/] Ask her if you can stay here and read.
[!/] Ask her what she thinks about the youkai attacks.
>> No. 22531
[x] Ask her how she is feeling.
[x] Ask her if you can stay here and read.
If yes (of course):
[x] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
[x] Ask her what she thinks about the youkai attacks.

Sounds good.
>> No. 22532
>>22531 I concur.
[X] Ask her how she is feeling.
[X] Ask her if you can stay here and read.
If yes (of course):
[X] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
[X] Ask her what she thinks about the youkai attacks.
>> No. 22533
{X} Greet her normally.
{X} Ask her how she is feeling.
{X} Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
>> No. 22542
[X] Greet her normally.
[X] Ask her how she is feeling.
[X] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
>> No. 22544
[†] Greet her normally.
[†] Ask her how she is feeling.
[†] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
>> No. 22556
[--] Greet her normally.
[--] Ask her how she is feeling.
[--] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.
>> No. 22563
File 122619417550.jpg - (130.57KB , 560x600 , patchouli_smile.jpg ) [iqdb]
22563
Loading User Commands:
[X] Greet her normally.
[X] Ask her how she is feeling.
[X] Ask her if she would like to have some tea.

---

"Good afternoon," Grey says.

"Y-yes, good afternoon," Patchouli says. She quickly composes herself.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

"I'm perfectly fine. Just a little tired from the day," she says.

She straightens up and looks around for her hat. She replaces it on her head carefully.

"You are back early," she says. "Did something happen with Sakuya?"

"N-not really," he manages. He clears his throat. "She just wanted to get back quickly, I guess."

"I see," she says, taking a book into her hands. She starts flipping through its pages. "Did you already meet with Keine Kamishirasawa?"

"Yes I did, though she didn't have much time for me. While I managed to get a few answers, they just lead to more questions."

"That is expected," she says. She doesn't look up from her book. "She gets news from many places, but she rarely comes to the mansion."

"..."

"Have you tried it?" she asks.

"Tried?" he repeats. He feels himself blushing as he imagines something lewd.

"Invoking spirits," she says. "You already have a suitable item to serve as a focusing device."

"I do?" he says. "Sorry, I don't quite understand."

She flips a page before continuing.

"The violin you left in your room seems to have some unique properties. If you can synchronize yourself with it, you can probably communicate with spirits."

"I see," he says. "Thanks for the tip."

She pauses as she flips a page. Looks like she noticed something. She slowly reaches for her back, feeling the rough fabric of his coat. Her eyes widen momentarily before they return to the usual neutral expression. Putting down her book, she takes the coat and carefully folds it before handing it to Grey.

"Thanks," she manages. Her voice is wavers slightly.

"No problem."

An awkward silence follows, interrupted only by the occasional sound of footsteps from afar. Patchouli seems to be absorbed in her reading. Grey clears his throat.

"Would you like to have some tea?" he asks.

Patchouli closes her eyes for a few seconds.

"Koakuma is still busy. We should let her finish her work."

"Hmm," he says. "Then perhaps I can prepare some tea instead?"

Patchouli closes her book and stands up.

"I'm done with this one," she mutters to herself as she walks a few steps away.

She pauses for a moment, as if thinking. She turns around and gives Grey a gentle smile.

"I would enjoy that Grey," she says.

Grey watches as the pink and purple wizard disappears deep into the library.

[ ] Head to the kitchen.
[ ] Head back to your room.
[ ] Wander around the library.
[ ] Stay here and continue reading.
[ ] Explore the mansion.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22577
[x] Head back to your room.

Go get some straight answers from the guy that died here.
>> No. 22579
[X] Head to the kitchen.
>> No. 22581
[X] Head to the kitchen.

Looks like we have some tea to deliver.
>> No. 22586
[--] Head to the Kitchen.
[--] Make her Earl Grey tea.

Black Butler type gaems.
>> No. 22589
[x] Head to the kitchen.

tea tea tea
>> No. 22591
[X] Head back to your room.
[X] Return with the Stradivarius.
[X] Attempt to conjure a tea-making spirit.
>> No. 22595
[X] Head to the kitchen.
>> No. 22597
[--] Head to the Kitchen.
[--] Make her Earl Grey tea.

Voting this to make Patchy laugh.
>> No. 22602
[X] Head to the Kitchen.
[X] Make her Earl Grey tea.
Best option.
>> No. 22610
[X] Head to the Kitchen.
[X] Make her Earl Grey tea.
>> No. 22613
[†] Head to the Kitchen.
[†] Make her Earl Grey tea.
>> No. 22618
{X} Head to the Kitchen.
{X} Make her Earl Grey tea.
>> No. 22621
File 12262759551.jpg - (36.86KB , 500x316 , twinings_earlgrey.jpg ) [iqdb]
22621
Loading User Commands:
[X] Head to the kitchen.
[X] Make her Earl Grey tea.

---

Grey heads back toward the library entrance. The fairy maids aren't finished with their work, but they have made significant progress. Most of the damaged shelves have been moved to a pile in the corner. The broken glass from the windows has been cleaned up. He can't see any books left lying on the ground. They work much faster than he expected, perhaps they have been trained well.

He spots the fairy that gave him the letter earlier. She is carrying a tall stack of books. He gives her a wave and a polite smile.

"E-eh?"

The fairy trips on her feet with a loud crash. The books lie scattered around her. A few of the other fairies giggle at the commotion. Grey sighs as he walks over to her.

"Need any help?" he asks. Without waiting for her answer, he starts gathering the books. After collecting them into a suitable stack, he gives them back to her.

"T-thank you very much!" she manages.

Some of the other maids are already peeking from behind the shelves to watch. He doesn't feel like causing another misunderstanding. Grey gives the fairy a wave before leaving. She just manages a slow nod as she stands rooted to the ground with the books. He hopes that she doesn't drop them again after he goes.

While walking toward the kitchen, he remembers the envelope. After making sure no one is walking the halls, he pulls it out of his pocket and opens it.

"Huh?"

The envelope is empty. He examines the envelope carefully, but he finds nothing written on or inside it. He checks his pockets and coat, but finds no trace of the envelope's contents. Did she forget to put the letter inside?

At the kitchen, he searches through the cupboards for some tea. There is an unexpectedly large variety of blends stocked in the kitchen. One brand catches his eye. He wonders how Remilia got hold of this well-known British tea. He takes the package with a smile.

Grey takes a glance at some teacups as he waits for the water to boil.
[ ] Bring two cups.
[ ] Bring three cups.
[ ] Bring four cups.

He can probably make some snacks as well.
[ ] Sandwiches.
[ ] Biscuits.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22626
[X] Bring two cups.
[X] Paella.
I do give homage to thee, Hungry Youkai. Also, Patchouli must be hungry after the attack.
>> No. 22628
[X] Bring three cups.
Still hoping for Koakuma.

[X] Biscuits.
Nothing goes better with tea.
>> No. 22638
{X} Bring three cups.
{X} Biscuits.

What about Koakuma~
>> No. 22640
[x] Bring three cups.
[x] Biscuits.

sure okay
>> No. 22643
[X] Bring three cups.
[X] Biscuits.
>> No. 22644
[x] Bring four cups.
[x] Biscuits.

The more, the merrier.
>> No. 22649
[x] Bring three cups.
[x] Cookies.
>> No. 22656
[X] Bring three cups.
[X] Biscuits.
>> No. 22657
[X] Bring three cups.
[X] Biscuits.
>> No. 22660
[†] Bring three cups.
[†] Biscuits.
>> No. 22666
File 122636253552.jpg - (26.91KB , 400x400 , patchouli_koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
22666
Loading User Commands:
[X] Bring three cups.
[X] Biscuits.

---

There are only a few fairy maids left at the library. Grey gives them a smile and a nod as he passes by. The floor has been cleared up, and the books are neatly on the shelves. Looks like the place will be back to normal in a few more hours. A glance at one of the windows tells him that it is late afternoon.

"Tea and biscuits for the lady," Grey says.

"Thank you," Patchouli says. She doesn't raise her head.

"Looks like the maids are almost done with their work."

"I believe so. They are used to tasks like cleaning and repairs. Unfortunately, they aren't very helpful for anything more complicated."

"I see," he says. He takes a seat beside Patchouli.

She takes a sip of tea without taking her eyes off her book.

"Koakuma will be here shortly," she says. "She finished earlier than I expected."

Grey remembers meeting Koakuma at the library during his first day.

"Hmm, wasn't she a bit clumsy at her work?"

Patchouli flips a page of her book before replying.

"She still is," she says. "Despite that, she always tries her best. She is a good familiar and companion."

She looks at Grey thoughtfully.

"In fact, I believe she is trying even harder the past couple of days. I wonder why?"

Grey maintains a poker face. He takes a bite out of his biscuit as he shrugs.

"..."

He hears the sound of footsteps from behind. He turns around to greet the newcomer.

"You summoned me, Mistress? I -"

Koakuma's eyes widen as she sees Grey. She loses her balance in surprise.

"Kyaaa~!"

Koakuma closes her eyes as she braces for the impact. Grey jumps from his seat and manages to catch her. It takes a few moments for her to realize she hasn't hit the ground. She opens her eyes.

"Are you alright?" Grey asks.

"Y-yes, thank you."

She quickly stands up on her own.

"Have some tea with us," Patchouli says. She is calmly reading as she speaks. "You've worked hard today."

"T-thank you, Mistress!" Koakuma says. Though she is blushing furiously, she has a very bright smile on her face.

They each take a seat beside Patchouli.

Grey can probably talk about one or two things.
[ ] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[ ] Ask Koakuma about the attack on the library.
[ ] Ask Koakuma about other incidents near the mansion.
[ ] Ask Patchouli about the youkai beasts.
[ ] Ask Patchouli about the mansion defenses.
[ ] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
[ ] Talk about something else. (Specify)
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22669
[--] Ask Koakuma about other incidents near the mansion.
[--] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
[--] Ask both of the two about the empty letter.
>> No. 22691
[x] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[x] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 22695
[X] Ask Koakuma if she's a succubus.
>> No. 22704
[!/] Ask Koakuma about other incidents near the mansion.
[!/] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 22706
[X] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[X] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 22709
>[X] Ask Koakuma if she's a succubus.

You're doing it wrong.

[x] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[x] If she returns the question, off-handedly mention that you had a terrible nightmare; see if you get a reaction.
[x] Take out the empty envelope and wonder out loud whether the fairy maids are playing a trick on you.
[x] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 22712
[y] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[y] If she returns the question, off-handedly mention that you had a terrible nightmare; see if you get a reaction.
[y] Take out the empty envelope and wonder out loud whether the fairy maids are playing a trick on you.
[y] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
Best option. And to >>22667, good idea.
>> No. 22713
[x] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[x] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.

Mentioning the nightmare might not be a good idea. If she is involved, this might trigger LOLyandere end.
>> No. 22714
[x] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[x] If she returns the question, off-handedly mention that you had a terrible nightmare; see if you get a reaction.
[x] Take out the empty envelope and wonder out loud whether the fairy maids are playing a trick on you.
[x] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.

Changing vote.
>> No. 22715
File 122645507573.jpg - (50.31KB , 333x350 , Shirou9.jpg ) [iqdb]
22715
>>22713

How so?

Does Koakuma have mind reading powers and will find out right away that Sakuya was in that dream? Is that what you're implying?

If any CYOA protagonist is going to be good at lying their ass off about this, it'll be Grey.
>> No. 22716
I was thinking more along the lines of Koakuma trying to get us to kill Sakuya.
>> No. 22717
>>22715
>>22716

Since at least one of you may be serious: There is an historic association between demons and bad dreams (cf. etymology of "nightmare").
>> No. 22719
... but are we the only one having nightmares?

justasplanned.jpg
>> No. 22722
HAVE YOU BEEN HAVING BAD DREAMS?
>Y

DID SAID BAD DREAMS CONTAIN A SEXUAL ELEMENT?
>Y

DOES A SUCCUBUS OR ANALOGOUS FEMALE MONSTER (NIGHT HAG, LAMIA, HONE-ONNA, ETC) LIVE IN YOUR DOMICILE?
>Y

DID SAID SUCCUBUS (OR ANALOGOUS FEMALE MONSTER) MAKE A POINT OF STATING THAT SHE HAD THE ONLY KEY TO YOUR ROOM?
>Y

DID THE MASTER OF THE SUCCUBUS (OR ANALOGOUS FEMALE MONSTER) MAKE A POINT OF STATING THAT SAID FAMILIAR HAS BECOME PARTICULARLY ENERGETIC SINCE YOU TOOK UP RESIDENCE IN THE DOMICILE
>Y

ARE YOU THE ONLY MALE RESIDENT IN YOUR DOMICILE?
>Y

IF YOU ANSWERED "YES" ALL OF THE ABOVE QUESTIONS, YOUR "NIGHTMARES" ARE LIKELY THE RESULT OF A SUCCUBUS (OR ANALOGOUS FEMALE MONSTER) FORNICATING WITH YOU WHILE YOU SLEEP.
>> No. 22726
>>22722
>DID SAID SUCCUBUS (OR ANALOGOUS FEMALE MONSTER) MAKE A POINT OF STATING THAT SHE HAD THE ONLY KEY TO YOUR ROOM?
Oh right.

[X] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[X] If she returns the question, off-handedly mention that you had a terrible nightmare; see if you get a reaction.
[X] Take out the empty envelope and wonder out loud whether the fairy maids are playing a trick on you.
[X] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.
>> No. 22731
>>22709
>>22717
>>22722
Waaaay ahead of you. See >>21725
>> No. 22733
>>22722
>OR ANALOGOUS FEMALE MONSTER (NIGHT HAG, LAMIA, HONE-ONNA, ETC)
I think that under the PMiSS classification, any non-mundane nonhumans are all categorized as "youkai."
Which is dumb, but eh, lolZun.

>ARE YOU THE ONLY MALE RESIDENT IN YOUR DOMICILE?
Damn. This means she probably hasn't fed for a good long time. Poor girl must be famished.
Poor demon?
Poor something.

I guess this all means she must be one hungry youkai.
>> No. 22738
>>22733
>I think that under the PMiSS classification, any non-mundane nonhumans are all categorized as "youkai."

Yes, but there are subcategories of youkai. ZUN confirmed in an interview that Koakuma is of a race of devils in the same way that Remilia is a vampire.
>> No. 22741
>Mentioning the nightmare might not be a good idea. If she is involved, this might trigger LOLyandere end.

I don't see what there is for her to get upset about. It's not like you'll be telling her to stop if it's not dangerous--bad dreams are small price to pay for the positive effect it has on her mood and ability to work. And Patchouli already has suspicions of it, if she doesn't outright know:

>She looks at Grey thoughtfully.
>"In fact, I believe she is trying even harder the past couple of days. I wonder why?"
>Grey maintains a poker face. He takes a bite out of his biscuit as he shrugs.
>"..."

If Patchouli reacts in a strongly negative manner here, then there's likely actual danger, though honestly if that were the case I would've thought she'd have warned Koakuma more sternly, or at least cautioned you and have kept a mark on her familiar's whereabouts (which we now know is as easy for her as closing her eyes for a few seconds).

If you do get a reaction from Koakuma, then probably the easiest way to confirm it would be to pretend to fall asleep tonight, and catch her in the act.
>> No. 22745
>>22738
If you cannot recognize a setup for the purpose of setup, even AFTER the punchline, then you fail.

Badly.
>> No. 22748
>>22745

I'm sorry, but your sense of humor is what fails here.
>> No. 22759
File 122654137212.jpg - (81.46KB , 457x450 , koakuma_patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
22759
Loading User Commands:
[X] Ask Koakuma about her day.
[X] If she returns the question, off-handedly mention that you had a terrible nightmare; see if you get a reaction.
[X] Take out the empty envelope and wonder out loud whether the fairy maids are playing a trick on you.
[X] Ask Patchouli about invoking spirits, and if you can borrow the book.

---

Grey takes a sip of his tea as he looks at Koakuma thoughtfully. She is tired from her work, but she looks pleased as she takes a biscuit.

"So, how was your day?" he asks Koakuma.

"It was pretty hectic," she says. "Mistress Patchouli managed to detect the attack on the library side earlier, but there were just so many of them..."

"I still don't understand how they keep bypassing the barriers," Patchouli says. She flips another page of her book.

"B-but it was good to see you earlier," Koakuma whispers. She focuses her attention on her tea as she starts blushing.

"That's good to hear," Grey says. "I had a terrible nightmare when I woke up this morning."

Koakuma still seems distracted by her tea. She has a cute little smile on her face.

"Nightmare?" Patchouli asks. She raises her head to look at Grey.

"Well, nothing to be concerned about," he says. "It's probably nothing..."

"I see," she says. She returns to her reading.

"Earlier, one of the maids gave me this envelope," Grey says as he pulls it out of his pocket. "Too bad it was empty. I wonder if the fairies are playing tricks on me..."

"I doubt it. Unlike wild fairies, the maids in the mansion are well-trained," Patchouli says. "They are quite clumsy, so perhaps she simply forgot to put it in the envelope."

"What kind of air-head would make that kind of mistake?" Grey thinks.

"I wouldn't worry about it," she says. She takes her cup without taking her eyes off her book.

Grey takes a glance at the book he read earlier. He might find some use for invoking spirits, and Patchouli mentioned that his violin can be used as a focusing device. He wonders if he can take the book out of the library.

"Why don't you borrow it for a while?" Patchouli says. Her eyes are still on her own book, but she is pointing at the beginner's manual with her other hand. "It will give you something to do."

"T-Thanks, I guess," Grey manages. Can she read minds or something?

"Oh!" Koakuma says suddenly. "I-I'm sorry, but I need to check on something."

She stands up and gives Grey and Patchouli a polite bow before she heads deep into the library. Patchouli gives no reaction to her departure.

Grey notices that they don't have much tea left.
[ ] Stay with Patchouli and continue reading.
[ ] Go after Koakuma and see what she is doing.
[ ] Explore the library and look for an interesting read.
[ ] Leave the library and head back to your room.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22761
>Grey notices that they don't have much tea left.

[x] Stay until you finish your tea.
[x] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[x] Leave the library and head back to your room.

>She stands up and gives Grey and Patchouli a polite bow before she heads deep into the library.

This is possibly code for, "I have something to tell you in private," though it could just be "I have something to do in private." In deference of to the latter, I suggest we leave but not follow her. If she really has something to say then she'll find us.

As far as the book is concerned, the room is the best place to practice this stuff since it has a stronger connection to the person we're trying to summon, and while Patchouli might be helpful to have at hand to answer questions, we may not want to divulge to her the particulars (though I suspect she may already be a few steps ahead of us).
>> No. 22762
[ ] Go after Koakuma and see what she is doing.
>> No. 22766
[x] Stay until you finish your tea.
[x] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[x] Leave the library and head back to your room.
>> No. 22767
[x] Stay until you finish your tea.
[x] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[x] Leave the library and head back to your room.
>> No. 22777
[X] Quickly finish your tea.
[X] Go after Koakuma and see what she is doing.
>> No. 22791
[x] Quickly finish your tea.
[x] Go after Koakuma and see what she is doing.
>> No. 22797
[--] Stay until you finish your tea.
[--] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[--] Leave the library and head back to your room.
>> No. 22800
[X] Quickly finish your tea.
[X] Go after Koakuma and see what she is doing.
>> No. 22803
Tied votes again.

Leaving voting open for one more hour before calling it.
>> No. 22805
[x] Stay until you finish your tea.
[x] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[x] Leave the library and head back to your room.
>> No. 22806
[x] Quickly finish your tea.
[x] Go after Koakuma and see what she is doing.

Little Devil route go.
>> No. 22807
[x] Stay until you finish your tea.
[x] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[x] Leave the library and head back to your room.

Let her come to us.
>> No. 22810
Calling it. These selections win:
[x] Stay until you finish your tea.
[x] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[x] Leave the library and head back to your room.
>> No. 22816
File 122663211431.jpg - (108.61KB , 427x591 , patchy.jpg ) [iqdb]
22816
Loading User Commands:
[X] Stay until you finish your tea.
[X] Tell Patchouli that you're going to read it in your room, though you'll probably be back if you have questions.
[X] Leave the library and head back to your room.

---

Grey takes the last biscuit and looks at Patchouli thoughtfully. Ever since Koakuma left, she stayed silent. However, he senses that she wants to say something.

"..."

He glances at the book on spirits. He starts to reach for it when Patchouli finally speaks.

"Your dreams," she says. "I would recommend paying close attention to them."

"Excuse me?"

Patchouli puts down her book and closes it. She looks straight at Grey with a concerned expression.

"You don't need to tell anyone what you see," she says. "But I believe that those unusual dreams may not be a coincidence. Something... similar happened before."

"Something similar?" Grey asks.

Patchouli stands up.

"Don't worry," she says. "I won't let it happen to you."

She hovers deeper into the library before Grey can say anything.

...

Grey finds himself back in his room. He looks around and sees everything exactly as he left it.

He lies on the bed and begins staring at the ceiling. Koakuma, Sakuya, and even Patchouli seem to know about a previous incident in the mansion. Remilia probably knows as well. But he only has a few clues: the letter with the foreboding message, the two youkai attacks, and the missing guest. There are several other suspicious things, but he isn't sure how they are related.

He needs to find more information before he can act. Some early preparation may help, as well.

(up to three selections)
[ ] Read the "Spell Card Rules" Keine gave you earlier. Looks like a short read.
[ ] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[ ] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
[ ] Clean and reload the Mauser C96. If it jams during a fight...
[ ] Leave/take some items. (Specify)
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22818
[x] Read the "Spell Card Rules" Keine gave you earlier. Looks like a short read.
[x] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[x] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
>> No. 22820
[x] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[x] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
[x] Clean and reload the Mauser C96. If it jams during a fight...

Trying to get a new ability while making sure our current method of combat keeps working seems like a decent plan.
>> No. 22821
[x] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[x] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
[x] Clean and reload the Mauser C96. If it jams during a fight...
>> No. 22822
[x] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[x] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
[x] Clean and reload the Mauser C96. If it jams during a fight...
>> No. 22829
[†] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[†] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
[†] Clean and reload the Mauser C96. If it jams during a fight...
>> No. 22845
[X] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[X] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
[X] Clean and reload the Mauser C96. If it jams during a fight...
>> No. 22852
[x] Read the book Patchouli lent you.
[x] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin.
[x] Clean and reload the Mauser C96.
>> No. 22854
File 122671268496.jpg - (73.72KB , 336x421 , spirit_of_stradivari.jpg ) [iqdb]
22854
Loading User Commands:
[ ] Read the book Patchouli lent you. It reads "Invoking Spirits for Beginners".
[ ] Experiment with the Stradivarius violin. Maybe you can learn a new tune.
[ ] Clean and reload the Mauser C96. If it jams during a fight...

---

Grey opens the book and takes his time reading more about invoking spirits. Before he realizes it, he is engrossed in the book. Time passes idly as he finishes a few more chapters. Soon, he understands the basics and core concepts involved when attempting to invoke a spirit guardian. He notes the different methods and devices that can be used. He finally pauses when he notices that the sun is setting. He would need some daylight for the next task.

He takes the Stradivarius violin from its case. For a moment, he wonders how he was able to play this instrument at all. He has never trained in any type of musical study. He can't even read notes. However, he was able to use this device to prevent a small disaster.

He takes it in his hands and prepares to draw its bow.

[~I was wondering if you've forgotten...]

He almost drops the violin in surprise. He looks around the room, but he sees no one.

[~You didn't think that you could do all that alone, did you...]

He looks down at the violin intently.

"Why did you help me?" he asks aloud.

[~Your spirit, it is strong enough to give life to my music...]

"What do you mean?"

[~Do not misunderstand. I have little interest in the decisions of mortals...]

"..."

[~However, you are an ideal host to bring my music to life...]

"I do not understand."

[~To bring a little more good into this world - is that not a reason as valid as any other...]

"..."

Grey raises the violin into position and draws his bow. He begins playing a new piece, as if guided by the violin itself. He doesn't understand, but he feels that this music is full of power. The sun has set, and the room is poorly lighted, but he continues playing until he masters this piece.
>> No. 22855
File 12267137661.jpg - (30.40KB , 303x290 , koakuma_tea2.jpg ) [iqdb]
22855
Grey takes his time cleaning the Mauser C96 carefully. The weapon may be in good condition, but it is very old. He can't afford to take any risks. After disassembling the gun, he wipes it clean with a rag. He applies some fresh grease that he found in the ammo crate as well.

Someone knocks at the door. Grey leaves his work to see who it is.

"Ah," he says. "Good evening, Koakuma."

The bat-winged girl bows her head politely. She is carrying a tray with some food and drink.

"I brought you some dinner," she says. "Sakuya said that Lady Remilia wants to continue sleeping."

"I see," he says. "That was very thoughtful of you. Thank you very much!"

Koakuma blushes pink.

"D-don't mind it," she says. "The mistress told me to watch over you closely."

Koakuma brings in the tray and puts it on the table.

"Please bring it to the kitchen once you're finished eating."

"Of course. Thanks again."

Koakuma bows again before leaving the room.

As Grey finishes his work on the Mauser C96, he thinks about what to do for this evening.

For tonight's dinner,
[ ] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[ ] Don't eat anything.
[ ] Go to the kitchen and make something else.

After dinner,
[ ] Go to sleep.
[ ] Explore the mansion.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 22857
[x] Eat the food Kohakuma brought in.
[x] Go to sleep.
>> No. 22860
[--] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[--] Go to sleep.
>> No. 22866
[x] Eat the food Kohakuma brought in.
[x] Explore the mansion.

It seems a little bit early for sleeping.
>> No. 22867
[x] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[x] Read in bed.
>> No. 22877
[x] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[x] Go to sleep.

Do not want to meet F.O.E. in the corridors.
>> No. 22880
[x] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[x] Go to sleep.
>> No. 22881
File 122675108476.jpg - (91.21KB , 540x700 , dth.jpg ) [iqdb]
22881
>>22877
Why hallo thar

[x] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[x] Go to sleep.
>> No. 22888
[X] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[X] Explore the mansion.
>> No. 22904
File 122681455611.jpg - (7.18KB , 395x295 , dark.jpg ) [iqdb]
22904
Loading User Commands:
[X] Eat the food Koakuma brought in.
[X] Go to sleep.

---

"It approaches," he says.

He looks around his room. Almost everything seems to be in order. He frowns at the tray.

"Might as well," he says. He has a few minutes to spare before the appointed time.

He takes the tray with him as he heads downstairs to the kitchen. As he washes the dishes and cutlery, he wonders if he is doing this out of guilt. He easily shakes his head and laughs. Guilt is just one among many things he threw away a long time ago.

"Just old habits, I suppose," he says to himself.

After leaving the dishes to dry, he heads out of the kitchen. The hallways are deserted, just as he planned.

He walks carefully and quietly. He has no plans of alerting Lady Remilia or the little sister until his work is complete.

"This is it," he says.

A large, ornate door stands before him.

[ ] Clock tower.
[ ] Library.
[ ] Basement.
>> No. 22905
[x] Clock tower.

HEY REMILIA
IT'S GOOFY TIME!
>> No. 22908
[--] Library.

PATCHI RAPE END.
>> No. 22909
[x] Clock tower.
>> No. 22911
File 122682038627.gif - (19.84KB , 586x434 , 5755b93c67f5ab3302d5a8190fc3b304.gif ) [iqdb]
22911
[!/] Library.
>> No. 22912
[x] Library.
>> No. 22913
[x] Library.
>> No. 22914
[†] Library.
>> No. 22915
>>22857
I see what you did there and agree with you fully.
>> No. 22916
[x] Clock tower.

Watch out for Scissors.
>> No. 22919
[x] Library.
>> No. 22924
[X] Clock tower.
>> No. 22933
>>22866
Cle-ver.

[X] Library.
>> No. 22934
Calling it.

[X] Library
>> No. 22937
>>22934

hooray!
>> No. 22938
File 122690008249.jpg - (217.86KB , 1240x1754 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
22938
Loading User Commands:
[X] Library

---

"Glad to see that you will be joining us this evening," Patchouli says calmly.

"Always a pleasure," he replies. "So, where is our guest of honor?"

"I left her in one of the chambers in the lower library," she says.

"Lead the way, my Mistress."

Patchouli gives him a slight nod. She leads him deep into the library. They pass countless rows of shelves until they reach a large staircase heading down. A glance over the side reveals several floors underground, each filled with shelves and books.

"Are Sakuya and the others asleep?" she asks without looking back.

"They have been... taken care of," he says with a smile.

"Very good," she says. "I hate interruptions."

They head down the staircase to the lowest floor underground. As they go deeper, he takes a glance at the shelves. The books in the lower floor are kept in pristine condition. Perhaps they are cleaned regularly by the mansion staff.

At the bottom of the library, he hears a few distant sobs from afar. He smiles eagerly.

"So, is she fresh?" he asks.

"She struggled a bit, but her essentials are undamaged," Patchouli says emotionlessly.

"Excellent."

He licks his lips as they approach the chamber.
>> No. 22939
File 122690058387.jpg - (14.08KB , 332x223 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
22939
He looks at the bat-winged girl thoughtfully. Koakuma has both of her wrists shackled to the wall. A sealing circle has been drawn underneath, preventing her from using spells. She looks up at them. Her eyes widen in shock.

"Y-y-you?" she says, her face aghast.

He smiles politely and bows.

"Good evening, little devil," he says. "I will be hosting tonight's premier performance in this wonderful chamber."

"B-but why?" she asks. Tears flow steadily down her cheeks. Her dress is torn in several places, exposing her delicious white skin.

"You should be thankful that we chose you," Patchouli says. "This ritual will bring forth a new beginning."

"S-shut up! You lying bitch!" Koakuma shouts. "You had this all planned from the start."

Patchouli looks at her expressionlessly.

"Actually, most of it was his plan," she says. "You give me too much credit."

Koakuma looks at him earnestly, as if asking him to deny it. His smile widens in reply.

"Y-you said that you were my f-friend." she stammers. "I-I told you everything. I-I even lied for you!"

"And you were excellent," he says. "As a pawn, of course."

"I-I-I loved you." she whispers.

"..."

Koakuma starts sobbing uncontrollably.

"We should begin the ritual," Patchouli says.

He pauses to decide where to start.

[ ] Blood. This is the currency of life.
[ ] Flesh. A pound to repay one's debt.
[ ] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.
>> No. 22940
[x] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

... Oh God.
>> No. 22941
I'm prepared this time, a piping-hot cup of rage in my hand.

[x] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.
>> No. 22942
{X} Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

what's happening aahh
>> No. 22944
File 122690437954.jpg - (188.90KB , 720x720 , 1223180600909.jpg ) [iqdb]
22944
[!/] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

Delicious
>> No. 22945
>>22939
More evil Patchy?
Damn. I thought we'd seen the last of her in Shadow over Gensokyo.
>> No. 22946
Amazements! I stop reading for a week or so, and suddenly I come back to a demonic sacrifice? Certainly I was not expecting this.

>[] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.
No no no; you're doing it wrong. The soul is the most powerful of these three; one should not start with the strongest, but gradually lead up to it by weakening it. By destroying the body you will slowly destroy both the mind and the heart. And only then, whence all these lie broken at your feet, can you claim the soul in full.

However, I refuse to vote as such. No darkness is so black that there is no light to be found. Call me naive, but I will not abandon hope.

[+]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[+]This madness must end with you. Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[+]Utter your last words. "My soul is already dead. Forgive me."
>> No. 22950
[†]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[†]This madness must end with you. DON'T Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[†]Utter your last words. "My soul is already dead. Forgive me."

I don't wanna hurt them!
>> No. 22951
[x]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[x]This madness must end with you. Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[x]Utter your last words. "My soul is already dead. Forgive me."
>> No. 22952
[x]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[x]This madness must end with you. Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[x]Utter your last words. "My soul is already dead. Forgive me."

Oh my god! I'm a horrible monster!
>> No. 22953
[x]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[x]This madness must end with you. Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[x]Utter your last words. "My soul is already dead. Forgive me."
>> No. 22954
[x] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

What a boring write-in~
>> No. 22955
[X]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[X]This madness must end with you. Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[X]Utter your last words. "My soul is already dead. Forgive me."
>> No. 22961
You guys chose to go for the Library hoping for some RAPE THE MAIDS.

And now you find out there is no rape but some weird ritual, so you guys make a crappy right-in in a attempt to combat your original decisions?

OH the irony!

You brought this among yourselves, you might as well go through with it and put up with your RAGE.
>> No. 22962
[x] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

Yeesh, it's just a dream.

And I want to see where it's going.
>> No. 22964
[X]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[X]This madness must end with you. Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[X]Utter your last words. "My soul is already dead. Forgive me."
>> No. 22967
This write in might be good and all if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't match the situation at all. Imagine this scene playing out for a moment.

You barge in all "I'm evil lol", acting like a sadistic bastard... then suddenly turn around and kill yourself over the guilt? I'm sorry, but this isn't a scene where a write in makes the least bit of sense.

[x] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

Plus, this is obviously either just a dream or something that happened in the past, so changing that is just going to fuck things up or have no effect at all.

TL;DR the write in is bad, and you should feel bad
>> No. 22968
I dunno. I think we did the same thing with the Sakuya dream.

That being said, if this is some sort of ritual, then killing Patchy might set it off anyway. You know, spilling the blood or something of someone you betrayed.
>> No. 22971
If that's the case then, I'll vote for this :

[x]Resist the temptations of evil. You are who you choose to be, not what unknown forces make to be.
[x]This madness must end with you. Kill Patchouli while she is unawares, then free Koakuma before killing yourself as well.
[x]Utter your last words. "Run."

Your act of redemption actually dooming everyone anyway? Amusing.
>> No. 22975
[X] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.
>> No. 22976
>>22967
My assumption when making this vote is that this situation, like the last strange "evil" situation, is some kind of dream, in which another side of Grey is drawn to the forefront. Now, I do not claim to know what Grey's personality is while he is normal and just going about his business, but I doubt that this personality would approve of him doing things such as raping/killing the female members of the mansion. The dream is thus symbolic; by rejecting his "evil side" and destroying himself, he proves that this is not the kind of person he wants to be. Whether or not this actually has any effect remains to be seen.

Additionally, I believe the majority voted to commit suicide rather than kill Sakuya last time this happened as well. Not to mention that during that time, there was also no displayed option to go against the evil, yet Grey did so anyways (however, the winning vote was never displayed from what I can remember, so I can’t be certain).

Or, who knows, I could simply be an unhelpful devil’s advocate trying to add a little perspective to the situation. I guess we’ll never know…
>> No. 22981
Too much talking, not enough Koukuma rape.

[--] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.
>> No. 22982
Calling it.

[X] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

...
>> No. 22983
File 12269917163.jpg - (80.90KB , 450x640 , patchy.jpg ) [iqdb]
22983
Loading User Commands:
[X] Soul. That which one hopes never to sell.

---

"We should begin the ritual," Patchouli says.

He pauses for a moment, then smiles.

"I know exactly where we should start," he says. "But I believe that this blessed evening deserves a more graceful performance. There is something missing, don't you agree?"

Patchouli pulls out a black tome from her dress. She quickly begins flipping through its pages.

"I don't understand," she says. "I don't see anything missing."

He puts his hand gently on Patchouli's shoulder.

"My Mistress seems to be overlooking something right in front of her~" he says with a sly smile.

"Everything for the ritual is set," she says with a frown. "What are you talking abo-"

He interrupts her with his lips. Her eyes widen in surprise. He slowly pushes his tongue over and against her small lips. They part without resistance as he enters deeper inside her. He continues exploring every inch of her mouth. She slowly responds with her own tongue, rubbing it awkwardly against his. She is clearly inexperienced, but she tries her best to return the stimulation. She closes her eyes as they continue this lustful dance with their tongues.

"S-s-stop it!" Koakuma cries out. Her eyes are red from weeping.

He slowly pulls away from Patchouli to glance at the bat-winged girl.

"I just wanted you to understand this before we start," he says confidently. "Patchouli is my Mistress, and no one else."

He looks back at Patchouli. She has a dreamy look in her eyes as she holds the tome to hide her mouth. Even in the darkness of the chamber, he can see her blushing. She puts a finger in her mouth and sucks it absent-mindedly as he watches.

He clears his throat. Patchouli quickly recovers herself.

"Y-yes, we should start," she says. "I brought what you requested."
>> No. 22984
File 122699393574.jpg - (25.64KB , 360x390 , scalpel.jpg ) [iqdb]
22984
Patchouli brings out a large surgical kit.

"Yukari said that this was the best she could find given the short notice," she says.

He opens the kit and looks over the tools. There are several sharp implements, including a pair of surgical scissors, two large saws, a few medium-sized knives, and several medical scalpels. There are a few other things inside, such as the materials for a tourniquet and some sterilized bandages, but he won't be needing them.

"This is excellent," he says. He examines each tool carefully.

"Have you decided where to start?" Patchouli asks.

He nods solemnly.

"The soul seems to be the most appropriate for a night like this," he says.

Patchouli opens her tome and flips through its pages. She stops somewhere near the end of the book.

"Isn't that usually saved for last?" she asks.

"That is true," he replies. "However, this night is special."

He turns to Koakuma. She looks back with defiance, but her legs are shaking.

"I want to make tonight's performance memorable." he says.

He takes one of the scalpels from the kit and starts walking toward Koakuma.

"W-what are you going to do?" Koakuma cries out.

"You may not like to hear the details," he says calmly.

He raises his empty hand toward Koakuma. Her body falls limp.

"But I suppose it won't hurt to tell you now."

He makes a gesture with his hand. She loses control of her facial muscles.

"You see, my little devil..."

He walks close to her, inches away from her face. He makes one final gesture. She can no longer blink.

"The eyes are the windows to the soul." he says with a grin.

He raises the scalpel to start the procedure.
>> No. 22988
File 122699582453.jpg - (16.30KB , 432x289 , fog_lake.jpg ) [iqdb]
22988
Grey looks at himself in the mirror. His hair is a mess, his eyes are red, and his face is sweaty. He washes his face carefully as he tries to forget the gruesome details.

Just like the other night, that dream felt real. He remembers each step he took after he left his room. He is sure that if he retraces his steps, he can find his way back to the chamber in the Lower Library. However, what he might find there...

"Urg.."

He runs to the toilet and vomits violently. As he empties the contents of his stomach, tears flow steadily down his cheek. He does not bother wiping them off as he grits his teeth and lowers his head in shame.

...

Grey returns to his room after recovering. He looks out of the window to see a familiar fog over the lake and forest. The sun peeks lazily from between the clouds. He wonders idly if Remilia will be having breakfast in the dining room.

He turns around and surveys the room. Seems like everything is exactly as he left it last night. Almost everything, anyway.

"The tray is gone." he says aloud.

He blinks.

The tray is gone.

He considers where to go first.
[ ] Kitchen.
[ ] Dining Room.
[ ] Sakuya's Room.
[ ] Voile Library.
[ ] Changing Room.
[ ] Basement.
[ ] Garden.
[ ] Front Gate.
[ ] Custom

He can take a few things with him.
[ ] The Stradivarius violin and its case.
[ ] The Mauser C96.
[ ] Other. (Specify)
>> No. 22990
[ ] Voile Library. Fast.


oh god my moe~kuma!
>> No. 22991
[ ] Voile Library.
>> No. 22994
[x] Voile Library.
>> No. 22995
[ ] Voile Library. Fast.
[ ] The Mauser C96.
>> No. 22997
[†] Voile Library. Fast.
[†] The Mauser C96.
>> No. 23000
[X] Voile Library. Fast.
[X] The Mauser C96.

I smell another Youkai attack coming.
>> No. 23002
[X] Voile Library. Fast.
[X] The Mauser C96.
>> No. 23004
[†] Voile Library. Fast.
[†] The Mauser C96.
>> No. 23005
[x] Voile Library. Fast.
[x] The Mauser C96.

I think it's time we had a private talk.
>> No. 23006
>>22961
Two different groups of anon pulling in different directions. You are somehow surprised that anon will try to circumvent/doublecross himself?

[X] Voile Library. Fast.
[X] The Mauser C96.
>> No. 23007
[--] Voile Library. Fast.
[--] The Mauser C96.
>> No. 23041
File 122717268825.jpg - (58.91KB , 600x600 , koakuma2.jpg ) [iqdb]
23041
Loading User Commands:
[X] Voile Library. Fast.
[X] The Mauser C96.

---

Grey grabs his coat and the Mauser C96 before leaving the room.

As he runs through the hallways, he runs through yesterday's events in his head. He knows that he went to sleep right after eating. If the tray is gone, then maybe it really happened...

"Please let me be wrong," he prays.

A pair of fairy maids wave at him as he passes by; he gives them a slight nod as he continues on his way. They watch him in puzzlement as he runs past.

"Here," he says aloud.

He pauses to catch his breath. He is standing in front of the Voile Library. The heavy double doors stand imposingly in front of him. He mutters a curse as he pushes them open.

"D-dammit!" he shouts.

He surveys the library. The endless rows of books have been restored, and the damages have been repaired. The fairy maids must have completed their work yesterday. This proves to be a problem for Grey - he can't remember where Patchouli's reading desk is. There are no visible landmarks from the entrance.

"Y-you said that you were my f-friend." she said.

He runs recklessly into the sea of books and starts searching.

"I-I told you everything. I-I even lied for you!" she said.

He sprints across the library, taking turns every now and then. The entrance is far behind him, but he doesn't bother making a mental map.

"I-I-I loved you." she said.

He wipes off a tear as he continues running. He starts calling out for Koakuma and Patchouli, but no one answers him back. He starts panicking as he runs. For several minutes, he tries to find them, but to no avail.

"W-where the hell are they?" he shouts.

He pauses to catch his breath. At this rate, he'll never find them. The library is far too large. He may not even find his way back. He leans against the side of one of the bookshelves, trying to calm himself down. Everything has gone to shit, and he doesn't even know why...

Suddenly, he hears a footstep to his left. He draws his gun by reflex before turning his head.

Koakuma is standing beside him. From her position, it looks like she was about to pat his shoulder. She stares back in shock at the gun and at Grey.

"I-I'm sorry!" she says, bowing at him.

[ ] Lower your gun and apologize.
[ ] Ask if she is feeling alright.
[ ] Ask if she saw him wandering around last night.
[ ] Ask if she can lead him to Patchouli
[ ] Ask if she can lead him to the entrance.
[ ] Embrace her tightly.
[ ] Custom.
>> No. 23042
[ ] Toss the gun aside and embrace her tightly
>> No. 23043
[X] Lower your gun and embrace her tightly
>> No. 23050
[x] Toss the gun aside and embrace her tightly
>> No. 23052
[x] Embrace her tightly.
>> No. 23054
[X] Lower your gun and embrace her tightly.
>> No. 23055
[†] Lower your gun and embrace her tightly
>> No. 23059
[--] Toss the gun aside and embrace her tightly.

SO DRAMATIC
>> No. 23060
File 122722847822.png - (306.29KB , 500x600 , 1207472549322.png ) [iqdb]
23060
[!/] Lower your gun and embrace her tightly

CHAPCHAP
>> No. 23061
Calling it.
[X] Lower your gun and embrace her tightly
>> No. 23062
File 122723495071.jpg - (23.33KB , 210x199 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
23062
Loading User Commands:
[X] Lower your gun and embrace her tightly

---

Grey lowers his gun as he recognizes the girl beside him. He holsters the weapon immediately.

"K-Koakuma?" he whispers.

"I-I'm sorry!" she stammers. "I-I didn't mean to startle you, I just -"

Without warning, he embraces her. Koakuma's eyes widen in surprise. He can feel her soft body against his chest. He strokes her smooth red hair gently as he forces his tears back. He takes one of her delicate white hands in his own, as if to make sure that she is really alive and well.

"You're alright!" he whispers. "I thought that -"

Suddenly, she pushes herself away from him. He slams his the back of his head hard on a bookcase.

"G-g-get away from me!" she shouts.

He rubs his head as he regains his focus. That really hurt. He looks back at her with a puzzled expression.

Koakuma's eyes are damp with tears, and her shoulders are quivering in fear. Her legs are shaking violently. She is looking at him as if he was some kind of monster. She turns around to run, but she trips clumsily on her feet.

"Kyaaah~"

She falls hard on the floor. Grey stands up immediately to help her.

"D-don't touch me!" she shouts.

Her eyes are filled with panic. She might scream if he comes any closer.

Or worse.

[ ] Wait for her to calm down.
[ ] Try to approach her again.
[ ] Speak to her in a soothing manner.
[ ] Threaten her into submission.
[ ] Get up and leave.
[ ] Custom
>> No. 23063
[X] "What? I don't--"
[X] Choke back a sob.
[X] "I don't understand..."
>> No. 23064
[x] GENUFLECT
>> No. 23065
Hm. Wonder if she had the same dream somehow. Would it be wise to let that something to that effect slip?
>> No. 23069
Come to think of it, she'd probably would be avoiding the library in that case. Hm.
>> No. 23072
[X] Wait for her to calm down.
>> No. 23074
[†] "What? I don't--"
[†] Choke back a sob.
[†] "I don't understand..."
>> No. 23081
[x] Wait for her to calm down.
>> No. 23082
[X] Wait for her to calm down.
[X] Speak to her in a soothing manner.

>>23065
>>23069

Notice how she was about to pat our shoulder when we turned to see her there? Or how it was only after we hugged her that she suddenly became terror-stricken and told us NOT to touch her?
>> No. 23083
[X] Wait for her to calm down.
>> No. 23084
[X] Wait for her to calm down.
>> No. 23085
[†] "What? I don't--"
[†] Choke back a sob.
[†] "I don't understand..."
>> No. 23097
[--] Wait for her to calm down.
>> No. 23099
Calling it.
[X] Wait for her to calm down.
>> No. 23101
Server reconnected at: >>23100