[Return]
Archived Thread
File 122435509258.jpg - (67.50KB, 500x500, 222e2a830251133e867e9e2887051b0b.jpg) [iqdb]
21602 No. 21602
So here's something I've been wanting to do from when all of this started. The idea's changed a little since then, but it's still an /sdm/ story. What makes it a little different is that the emphasis will be more on Sakuya than the other characters. That and write-ins only. I'm not good at coming up with choices, so I hate doing it. I'll leave it up to you guys. You'll be able to tell when it's voting time.
Also, this anon was born and raised in Gensokyo, for those of you who don't pick it up.

--------------------

"Everything must be perfect. We have some very important guests here tonight. Treat them with the utmost respect."
Your manager has the group of you lined up and is giving one of his typical speeches. Of course, by "very important" he really means "well paying". He wouldn't want such esteemed customers to stop coming to his fine establishment. Still, you're happy with this. If they're as rich as you think, they should tip you quite well. If you don't screw up, that is. Which brings you back to the manager's speech. Anyone making a mistake tonight will undoubtedly have their pay cut, if not outright fired. The pressure is definitely going to have the opposite effect, though. You can only shudder at the thought of how much stress the kitchen staff is under.

Regardless, you're quite looking forward to the night's activities. You've heard rumours of a certain guest attending tonight. The Scarlet Devil herself will be making an appearance. Gossip claims that she is amazingly beautiful, but that her mere presence is strangely frightening. Some people even go so far as to claim that she's a vampire. You'd think it's ridiculous, but you've come to learn throughout your life that in Gensokyo, anything is possible. Stranger things have happened. Like how the Scarlet Devil Mansion suddenly appeared in Gensokyo, for example, or the strange incidents that followed. Even so, you doubt she could be more than an eccentric bat youkai.

"Right, that's all. The guests are about to be seated. Alright... You." He looks your way. Bastard has never even bothered to learn your name. "You'll be serving Miss Scarlet."
"W...what?! You're joking, right?! Why me?!"
Sure, you would have liked to see her, maybe even talk to her, but to be serving her? That's what everybody here was hoping they wouldn't need to do!
"Because you've proven yourself to be reliable. I would only trust this to you."
What a load of horse shit. If you're his favourite employee, he'd at least know your name. Great. One fuck-up and you're out of a job.
"...Yes, sir."
Even so, a job's a job. You can decline and get reprimanded for it, or screw up and get fired. Maybe if you're lucky, everything will go well, and you'll even leave tonight a somewhat wealthier man. You let yourself be optimistic as you filter out into the restaurant.

"Damn, guy. Bad luck."
Nobody wants you to be optimistic, though. A co-worker tries to make small talk while the customers slowly pour in. You've never really mingled with your co-workers in your time here. Socializing is distracting, which in a job as hectic as this will only cause trouble. Still, you try to be pleasant when addressed, and now is no exception.
"Yeah, but that's how it is. Hopefully I'll still have a job tomorrow."
"Hey, what the boss said was true. You should be fine." He gives you an encouraging grin. "Besides, handsome guy like you... I'm sure she'll really sink her teeth right into you." He says this with a wink.
Oh. This was that guy.
"Uh... Yeah."
He shrugs and pats you on the shoulder. "Lighten up, you'll be fine. Well, that's my table over there. I'll see you later."
"Yeah, see you."

The rest of the night is spent waiting. You've been set aside explicitly for Miss Scarlet, so you're spending the entire time waiting at the sidelines, while other tables are denied your service. A few more guests enter, while many leave. It's long since become dark outside. The restaurant is closing to customers in about an hour, and there's only a few people left, who are getting ready to leave. Nobody would begin a meal at this time. As the last customers make their way out, your co-workers are talking about closing early. You're starting to wonder if you'll even get paid for tonight, seeing as you didn't serve anybody.

But then, in Gensokyo, things have a way of going against your expectations.

The familiar chime indicates the opening of the door, and all eyes turn to see who would show up at such a time. Suffice to say, they easily manage to hold your attention. The door is being help open by Sakuya Izayoi. You recognise her as you've seen her around the village often. She does all the shopping for the mansion and is fairly pleasant to the people of the human village while she's here, though she seems to want to get things done as quickly as possible and leave, so nobody really knows her aside from making small talk while doing business. One thing that always struck you as rather odd about her though, is that she doesn't seem to own any casual clothes. Whenever she comes to the village she's always in the same (or at least one of many) maid outfit, as she is now. You remember that when she was asked about it, she replied that it was a "French" maid outfit, whatever that is. In any case, it's a white and dark blue maid outfit, with short sleeves and ending just past her knees. There are spots of red lining her collar, and a black ribbon tied beneath it. Her hair betrays her otherwise young looks; a dark shade of silver, short, but tied in slightly longer braids on either side of her face with green ribbons that reach down to her chest. Her dark blue eyes are pointed towards the ground, and a bonnet on her head completes the bizarre apparel.

Then she walks in. Remilia Scarlet. A blue haired girl, younger looking than Sakuya, wearing a poofy pink dress and hat, lined with red ribbons. Her skin is very pale. You would doubt that she could possibly be the so-called "Scarlet Devil", if not for her bat-like wings. You knew she had them, but seeing them yourself is somewhat disconcerting. She confidently strides into the building, Sakuya shutting the door behind her before following. Everybody is speechless, so you're glad the manager is the first to approach her.
Could this girl really be the Scarlet Devil? There's certainly a strange contrast. She has the looks of a young girl, barely even a teenager, yet at the same time she carries such a mature air about her. And even despite how young she looks, you can't help but notice how beautiful she is.
"I'm sorry I'm late. I slept in."
Her refined voice again contrasts with the childish giggle that follows it.
Before you can dwell on this more, however, the manager finishes talking with her and she chooses a table, sitting down, while Sakuya stands behind her. The manager bows to her before turning to you and motioning for you to get to work.

You grab a menu and make your way to her table, trying to ignore how nervous you are. As you get closer, you notice that her eyes are a deep red, and they're focused entirely on you. You reach them and timidly bow before handing Remilia the menu, while trying not to choke on your words.
"W-welcome to our establimshent." Damn, pull it together! "We're very happy to have you here, Miss Scarlet. I'll be your waiter for this evening. Please let me know when you're ready to order."
She simply skims the menu with disinterest before dropping it onto the table and grinning at you, her chin resting on her hands.
"Well, I wouldn't mind taking a bite out of you."
W-what? With that grin, you can see her teeth. Her canines really are more pronounced than those of a human's...

[ ]
>> No. 21603
gb2/underground/. Too many writefags abandoning stories and starting new ones whenever they get bored.
>> No. 21604
[x] This is for the sake of your job. "If it so pleases you Miss Scarlet."
>> No. 21605
[ ] Develop a mental Survival Mantra.
[ ] "..." There's no way to respond to that professionally without being some great wit-spouter (which you're not), so wait for her to actually order.
>> No. 21606
[X] "My apologies Miss Scarlet, I'm not exactly on the menu, though it can be arranged if you honestly wish for it."

Charisma, the lifesaver of every Anon.
>> No. 21607
Forgot to mention this in all the post fuck-upery.
Sakuya route isn't the only route. It's more like... Whatever route you go on, Sakuya's still going to be an important part of it, whether a lover, friend, rival or enemy.
>> No. 21608
[X] "My apologies Miss Scarlet, I'm not exactly on the menu, though it can be arranged if you honestly wish for it."
>> No. 21610
Sleep and such.
>> No. 21611
[X] "My apologies Miss Scarlet, I'm not exactly on the menu, though it can be arranged if you honestly wish for it."
>> No. 21612
[x] Laugh good-naturedly. "One would think jokes like that would get old after a few centuries."
[x] Clear your throat. "If it's a youthful vintage you're looking for, you might try the '98 Chambertin gran cru, our red Burgundy."
>> No. 21613
[X] Develop a mental Survival Mantra.
[X] "..." There's no way to respond to that professionally without being some great wit-spouter (which you're not), so wait for her to actually order.
>> No. 21615
[x] Laugh good-naturedly. "One would think jokes like that would get old after a while."
[x] Clear your throat. "If it's a youthful vintage you're looking for, you might try the '98 Chambertin gran cru, our red Burgundy."

It's not nice (or professional) to talk about a lady's age.
>> No. 21616
>"W-welcome to our establimshent."

>Charisma

If Anonymaster is as awesome as I think he is, some people are going to be in for a very rude awakening.
>> No. 21617
[x] Laugh good-naturedly. "One would think jokes like that would get old after a while."
[x] Clear your throat. "If it's a youthful vintage you're looking for, you might try the '98 Chambertin gran cru, our red Burgundy."
>> No. 21618
[x] Laugh good-naturedly. "One would think jokes like that would get old after a while."
[x] Clear your throat. "If it's a youthful vintage you're looking for, you might try the '98 Chambertin gran cru, our red Burgundy."

Yeah sure why not.
>> No. 21619
>>21616
He gave us a blank choice. Are we supposed to write-in something awkward with stammering?
>> No. 21625
>>21619
Sure. It'd be a nice difference from the way every character seems to turn into a suave wit whenever Anon is given control.
>> No. 21626
>>21625
>I'm tired of interesting protagonists. I want a main character as boring as I am.
>> No. 21633
>>21626

Sorry, no Mary Sue for you here. Try /shrine/.

>Charisma
If you guys are relying on this as your saving grace, you're in trouble.

Anyway,
[x] Laugh good-naturedly. "One would think jokes like that would get old after a while."
[x] Clear your throat. "If it's a youthful vintage you're looking for, you might try the '98 Chambertin gran cru, our red Burgundy."
wins. Writing and such.
>> No. 21636
>>21633
>If you guys are relying on this as your saving grace, you're in trouble.

The only thing notable about this boy seems to be his good looks.

>"Well, I wouldn't mind taking a bite out of you."

And of course:

>"Hey, what the boss said was true. You should be fine." He gives you an encouraging grin. "Besides, handsome guy like you... I'm sure she'll really sink her teeth right into you." He says this with a wink.

Hey if doesn't work out with the SDM girls, you can always settle for your FABULOUS coworker.

>Writing and such.

Hooray!
>> No. 21643
[X] Laugh good-naturedly. "One would think jokes like that would get old after a while."
[X] Clear your throat. "If it's a youthful vintage you're looking for, you might try the '98 Chambertin gran cru, our red Burgundy."

That was a joke, right? Yeah, a joke, a joke... -What are you doing?! You laugh to try and brush it off, hoping that your pause didn't seem too long.
"One would think joke like that would get old after a while."
She just stares at you with her amused smile. What the hell are you saying? You're so nervous you can't think straight, but you feel the need to say something, anything, lest you come across as completely spineless. You clean your throat, trying to buy time while thinking of something to say. Remilia is just the same as any other high-paying customer here, so why...? Is it because she's a youkai? The rumours that she's a vampire? What the hell should you do? She's still looking at you expectantly with that same grin. Wines! Yes, wines.
"Ah, if it's a youthful vintage you're looking for, you might try the '98 Chambertin gran cru, our red Burgundy." Do you even stock that kind of wine? "Or, if you'd prefer something a little more seasoned, we have-"
"Burgundy will be nice, thank you. It's been some time since I've tasted their wine. I'd like to see how it's developed over the years."
"Um, right. I'll be right back."
You bow and make your way down to the cellar, feeling Remilia's eyes on your back the entire time.

It seems like the stories are true. You find it impossible to relax around her. Whether you're in awe of her beauty or intimidated by her standing, your heart is racing simply being near her. You take a few deep breaths, trying to calm yourself down. Your job depends on how you handle this. Focus.
Satisfied, you move on to actually finding the wine. Burgundy... '94... '95... '96... '97... '99... '99? Great. The '98s must have been sold over the course of the night. Still, she said she wanted to know how it's developed, so the '99 would be best, right? You tell yourself this as you take it upstairs.

Remilia is of course, still waiting for you at the table, and Sakuya is still standing behind her. You make your way to them with the wine.
"I'm sorry, we appear to be out of our '98 wine. Would '99 be acceptable?" You're breaking out in a cold sweat, not knowing what to do if she refuses.
"That will be fine, thank you."
That's a relief. You set up the screw on the bottle and remove the cork, pouring her a glass.
"Have you decided what you would like to eat?"
"Not quite yet. Do you have any recommendations?"
She smiles a warmer smile this time. You don't feel intimidated like before. Still, you hate it when people ask that question.

[ ]
>> No. 21645
[x] "Well, to complement the rich texture of Burgundy... there is an unlisted dish that I'm quite fond of, it's the Sunday-style beef roast with onion gravy, uh, which comes with a side of string beans and mashed."

So what if 50% of it is bullshit? Work for that tip, boy.
>> No. 21649
[x] "Well, to complement the rich texture of Burgundy... there is an unlisted dish that I'm quite fond of, it's the Sunday-style beef roast with onion gravy, uh, which comes with a side of string beans and mashed."

>>21645
Damn, I am really hungry now.

>complement the Burgundy
Any winefags/culinaryfags know if it really would? I fucking hate red wine.
>> No. 21650
[x] "Well, to complement the rich texture of Burgundy... there is an unlisted dish that I'm quite fond of, it's the Sunday-style beef roast with onion gravy, uh, which comes with a side of string beans and mashed."
>> No. 21655
>>21649
>Any winefags/culinaryfags know if it really would? I fucking hate red wine.

Generally speaking, red wines go with red meat, so yeah.
>> No. 21658
[♱] "Well, to complement the rich texture of Burgundy... there is an unlisted dish that I'm quite fond of, it's the Sunday-style beef roast with onion gravy, uh, which comes with a side of string beans and mashed."
>> No. 21664
[x] "Well, to complement the rich texture of Burgundy... there is an unlisted dish that I'm quite fond of, it's the Sunday-style beef roast with onion gravy, uh, which comes with a side of string beans and mashed."

Wins and all, but did you mean "mashed potatos"?
>> No. 21665
>Wins and all, but did you mean "mashed potatos"?

>mashed /mæʃt/
>- noun Informal.
>mashed potatoes: The pork chop comes with string beans and mashed.

And it's spelt "potatoes".
>> No. 21671
File 122443363710.jpg - (256.69KB, 598x674, b7d98af702280eb0a100ff0474ad0eef.jpg) [iqdb]
21671
With this, I'm off to bed.

[X] "Well, to complement the rich texture of Burgundy... there is an unlisted dish that I'm quite fond of, it's the Sunday-style beef roast with onion gravy, uh, which comes with a side of string beans and mashed potatoes."

"Well, to complement the rich texture of Burgundy..." Red wine goes good with meat... But you don't even know what's on the menu; you've looked at it so little. Then... Improvise? "There is an unlisted dish that I'm quite fond of..." Which you're of course making up. Uh... Meat, okay, meat. Roast meat. That's good. "It's the Sunday-style beef roast with onion gravy, uh, which comes with a side of string beans and mashed potatoes."
It doesn't really fit the restaurant's high class appeal, but such a meal will still taste good, right? You're already beginning to regret your decision. What if she thinks you just insulted her? Offering such a low-class meal here, of all places. Dammit, you can't afford to lose your job! No, don't panic, she hasn't even said anything yet. ...She hasn't said anything yet? How long as it been? A few seconds? A minute? Stop! Think!

You snap yourself back to reality and look at Remilia. She's covering her mouth with a hand, and shaking a little. SHIT.
"M-miss Scarlet? Are you alright?"
To this, she bursts out laughing.
"W...what?"
"Ahahahaha! Stop worrying so much! You'll have wrinkles by the time you're thirty!"
She... You were worrying that much and she was just laughing at you?! Despite your forced smile, you feel your eyebrow twitch a little. She stops laughing as she looks at your face. You must have dropped the smile altogether. Still, she continues to look calm and composed.
"Now, now, don't be like that. I'll have your recommendation."
"Uh..."
That's not quite what you were expecting.
"Right. I'll go have it prepared right away."
You bow and head towards the kitchen.

---------------------------

You've snuck out the back and are taking a break. Remilia shouldn't be done with that meal for a while. You got some strange looks from the kitchen staff while explaining the meal to them, but at least they didn't question you. Hopefully you'll only need to talk to her once or twice more. It's not that you have anything against her, but serving her under these conditions is exhausting. You need some time to clear your head. The fresh air is welcome, too. You almost felt claustrophobic in there.
"Hello."
"Gah-"
You jump and turn around. Why the hell does someone want you now, of all t-
"...Sakuya?"
You'd expected one of your co-workers telling you Remilia wants something, or your manager yelling at you for slacking off, but not this. Nonetheless, there she is, staring at you dispassionately.
"Um... Yes? Oh, I'm sorry, does Miss Scarlet want something? I'll get in there right a-"
"Stop."
A simple word, but it still stops you in your tracks. She sounds so... cold.
"Th-then... what is it?"
"When my Mistress is finished with her meal, she will ask something of you. I would appreciate it if you could decline her offer."
Her words seem rigid; rehearsed.

[ ]
>> No. 21674
[X] Decline whatever it is she wants to ask of me? I would be a bad waiter if I would just go and randomly decline my customers wishes without knowing what it is they want. You as her maid should know, that I am not going to do this, right? My job is on the line here, so whatever it is that she will be asking for, I will at least have to hear it before being able to decline it. Or not to decline it, depending on just what exactly it is.

I think I now what Remilia will be asking for and I do not plan to make promises that I cannot keep.
>> No. 21675
[x] "...why, what's she gonna ask me?"

>>21674
While this is a nice long write-in, it doesn't fit the character's attitude, mood, state of mind, or mode of speech.
>> No. 21676
[x]"Er...what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."
>> No. 21680
[ ] You're a waiter. Your job as a waiter is to comply with your customers' demands.
[ ] Sakuya is asking you to decline Miss Scarlet's upcoming request.
[ ] You're a waiter. Your job as a waiter is to comply with your customers' demands.
[ ] Sakuya is asking you to decline Miss Scarlet's upcoming request.
[ ] You're a waiter. Your job as a waiter is to comply with your customers' demands.
[ ] Shit! He's locked in a subroutine! Reboot! Reboot!
[ ] "..."
[ ] "...anorak blueberry provisional?"
>> No. 21682
[X] "...why, what's she gonna ask me?"
>> No. 21684
[x] "...why, what's she gonna ask me?"
>> No. 21685
[x] "Er...what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."

This sounds pretty good.
>> No. 21687
[x] "Er... what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."

Agreed, this works.
>> No. 21688
>>21675

I only planned to give a rough idea anyway, since I know, that I tend to talk and write strange at times.

>>21676 sounds like a good alternative to mine.
>> No. 21691
[x] "Er... what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."
>> No. 21693
[x] "Er... what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."
>> No. 21698
>Her words seem rigid; rehearsed.

My guess is that Remilia told her to say this, if only so that your curiosity will be all the more piqued when she makes her offer. Sakuya refusing to explain or Remi rushing you or providing ambiguous terms should tip you off that this is a setup.

Not that I'm saying you should refuse, here, just that the most expendable employee being selected to serve such an important customer is likely no accident.
>> No. 21702
>>21674
>I think I now what Remilia will be asking for and I do not plan to make promises that I cannot keep.

Now, don't be like that. Share it with us~

[X] "Er... what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."
Wins, writing, etc.
>> No. 21703
>>21702

hooray!
>> No. 21707
It's probably a job offer. Even turning her down, there's no winning. She tells the manager that the waitstaff was lousy; you're fired and have no place to work but at the mansion anyway.
>> No. 21710
[X] "Er... what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."

An offer, and she wants to decline it? Shit! If you refuse Remilia, then you'll be out of a job just like that.
"Er... what exactly are you asking me to decline? I'm guessing you already know, otherwise you wouldn't be asking." It seems that way, at least. Knowing might help you decide. If it's trivial there shouldn't be any problem with refusing her. But if it was something trivial, why would Sakuya be here telling you this? "Waiters can't easily say no to those they serve, so keeping me in the dark here will probably force me into a split-second decision I may very well mess up."
Somehow, despite Remilia's cheerfulness compared to Sakuya's coldness, you feel much more at ease here, knowing that your job isn't quite on the line at the moment.
"You seem to have the wrong idea."
"Eh?"
"This is not related to your duty as a waiter. It is a personal request. There will not be any consequences should you refuse."
A personal request? So she means after you've finished work, or something? You don't really get it, but- She's gone. She was here just a second ago. How could she disappear like that? Can she really control time, like the rumours say?
...You decide to head back inside, feeling even more uneasy than before.

Back in the restaurant, Sakuya is again standing behind Remilia who still hasn't finished her meal, so you have some time to think about Sakuya's offer, or Remilia's, technically. You can't even begin to guess what she would want of you; you only just met her, after all. You don't think you've really done anything special, unless completely fucking up is a wanted trait nowadays, or something. You wait for her to finish her meal, then head over. She happily looks at you as you approach.
"Could I get you anything else? Would you like to order desert?"
"No, that will be all. May I have the bill, please?"
That's not much, just coming and having the one meal. Still, the restaurant's closing soon, so it's for the best.
"Ah, certainly."
You take her plate, glass and cutlery with you before ringing up the bill and returning. She looks over it for a few seconds.
"Sakuya." She just says her name and Sakuya starts to take something from her pocket. "I'm afraid I don't have any money..." ...What? "But I hope this should do." She smiles as Sakuya takes her hand from her pocket and puts something down on the table.
It's a huge ruby.
"I... uh... I'll need to talk to the manager about this."
Something like this hasn't happened before. You bow before quickly heading through the back to find the manager before bringing him out, explaining on the way. This can't be acceptable, right?
"Amazing!"
But your expectations are crushed. The bastard is blinded by how much the gem could be worth. How the hell are we supposed to keep the restaurant going with this?
"Miss Scarlet, I apologise for his rudeness." He shoots you a glare as he says this. "This will certainly be acceptable." You asshole! He puts his hand on your shoulder as he turns around. "I'll talk to you later." And leaves, slipping the ruby into his own pocket. You're boiling with anger, but you still can't let it show. You bow to Remilia before trying to leave for the last time.

"Hold on."
But, she stops you.
"I'd like to ask you something. Could you come outside for a moment?"
She says this with a mischievous look. This must be what Sakuya was talking about before. You still don't know what she wants, but you should at least hear her out, right? You look to Sakuya for approval, but she doesn't even look at you.
"Um... Alright."
"Wonderful!"
Remilia clasps her hands together before getting up and leaving, with you and Sakuya following behind her. She acts like you've already accepted.

"So, what would you like?"
You want to get this over with. You've done a record little work, but you're still exhausted. You'll probably need to decline her offer, anyway, and it's also kind of cold out here. Remilia takes a more serious expression. Sakuya stands behind her, this time looking at you.
"I would like you to come work for me."
...Eh? Before you can question her, she continues.
"You'll be given food, clothing and shelter. You'll live in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and will receive three meals a day. You will not be paid." Hey, it's not really a job then, is it? "There will be no afternoon breaks or naps. What do you say?"
Well, the way she puts it doesn't exactly make it sound enticing. You can feel Sakuya's eyes on you.

[ ]
>> No. 21711
[x] Decline

Rationality, hooray.
>> No. 21713
[x] "As pleasant as that sounds, Miss Scarlet, it is because you have shown me kindness tonight that I must refuse your offer." Glance meaningfully at Sakuya, "Rather, I'll suggest that you make sure the affairs of your current staff is in order before thinking to take on new employees."
>> No. 21714
>You will not be paid

...I first read this as "You will not be pad"... Shit.
>> No. 21717
I think he's looking for something a bit more substantial than "Accept" or "Decline".

>There will be no afternoon breaks or naps.

[x] Furrow your brow and frown deeply. "No naps?" Look at Sakuya with eyes filled with pity. "No naps?"
[x] Look indignant. "Working without salary, vacation, or benefits I can understand, but an employment contract with no allowance for naps crosses the line into unconscionability."
[x] Try to maintain a serious face for as long as possible, then. "-pfffft." Laugh. "But seriously, that's a terrible offer; why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"
>> No. 21719
[x] Furrow your brow and frown deeply. "No naps?" Look at Sakuya with eyes filled with pity. "No naps?"
[x] Look indignant. "Working without salary, vacation, or benefits I can understand, but an employment contract with no allowance for naps crosses the line into unconscionability."
[x] Try to maintain a serious face for as long as possible, then. "-pfffft." Laugh. "But seriously, that's a terrible offer; why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"
>> No. 21720
[x] Furrow your brow and frown deeply. "No naps?" Look at Sakuya with eyes filled with pity. "No naps?"
[x] Look indignant. "Working without salary, vacation, or benefits I can understand, but an employment contract with no allowance for naps crosses the line into unconscionability."
[x] Try to maintain a serious face for as long as possible, then. "-pfffft." Laugh. "But seriously, that's a terrible offer; why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"
>> No. 21721
[x] Furrow your brow and frown deeply. "No naps?" Look at Sakuya with eyes filled with pity. "No naps?"
[x] Look indignant. "Working without salary, vacation, or benefits I can understand, but an employment contract with no allowance for naps crosses the line into unconscionability."
[x] Try to maintain a serious face for as long as possible, then. "-pfffft." Laugh. "But seriously, that's a terrible offer; why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"
>> No. 21722
>>21711
>>21713
>>21717
>>21719
>>21720

Now, this is clearly the obvious answer; it's the one any of us would choose in real life, we're told in the story to say no, and there's no easy way to say yes since we're specifically told there's no pay.

But this begs the question; where is the story going if this is chosen? Will it just end the story right there? Only other way I could see interacting with the people of the SDM would be them coming to the restaurant frequently, although that would seem to exclude everyone but Remilia and Sakuya and leave little chance for conversation.

Just for the hell of it,
[x]Accept
>> No. 21724
[X] Accept

>>"But seriously, that's a terrible offer; why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"

Well, on top of being given a roof over your head, food in your belly, and clothes on your back, there's the fact that you would probably be the only male living in a mansion populated by females.

Food, shelter, and maids as far as the eye can see? Who in their right mind would REFUSE?
>> No. 21728
[x] Furrow your brow and frown deeply. "No naps?" Look at Sakuya with eyes filled with pity. "No naps?"
[x] Look indignant. "Working without salary, vacation, or benefits I can understand, but an employment contract with no allowance for naps crosses the line into unconscionability."
[x] Try to maintain a serious face for as long as possible, then. "-pfffft." Laugh. "But seriously, that's a terrible offer; why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"

Okay, yeah. I like this.
>> No. 21732
>>21722
>Will it just end the story right there?

I considered it, but that would have sucked. Anyway, it won. Writing and such.
>> No. 21734
[ ] "No afternoon break?"
[ ] "And no afternoon nap, either?"
[ ] "What about an afternoon lunch?"
[ ] "Afternoon breakfast?"
[ ] "Afternoon brunch?"
[ ] "Afternoon supper?"
[ ] "Afternoon tipple?"
[ ] "Afternoon hand crunches?"
[ ] "Afternoon flashback?"
[ ] "Afternoon milk-chugging?"
[ ] "Afternoon Rubik's Cubing?"
[ ] "Afternoon Solitaire?"
[ ] "Afternoon billiards?"
[ ] "Afternoon miming?"
[ ] "Afternoon narration?"
[ ] "Afternoon import of corn?"
[ ] "Afternoon leaf-racing?"
[ ] "Afternoon baseball?"
[ ] "Afternoon rock opera?"
[ ] "Afternoon flight practice?"
[ ] "Afternoon cloud-catching?"
[ ] "Afternoon cave mining?"
[ ] "Afternoon disco?"
[ ] "Afternoon knife party?"
[ ] "Afternoon suicide attempt?"
[ ] "Afternoon pyromania?"
[ ] "Afternoon amnesia?"
[ ] "Afternoon paradox?"
[ ] "Afternoon--"
>> No. 21737
I got distracted for like two hours. My bad.


[X] Furrow your brow and frown deeply. "No naps?" Look at Sakuya with eyes filled with pity. "No naps?"
[X] Look indignant. "Working without salary, vacation, or benefits I can understand, but an employment contract with no allowance for naps crosses the line into unconscionability."
[X] Try to maintain a serious face for as long as possible, then. "-pfffft." Laugh. "But seriously, that's a terrible offer; why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"

That's worse than un-enticing. That's plain ridiculous. A joke. If she offers you a joke, you may as well make a joke out of it in return. You frown.
"No naps?"
"No naps."
Remilia states it again. You look sadly at Sakuya, who appears to be somewhat confused.
"Working without salary, vacation, or benefits I can understand, but an employment contract with no allowance for naps crosses the line into unconscionability."
Sakuya still looks confused, while Remilia raises an eyebrow. To that, you start laughing.
"Seriously, that's a terrible offer! Why would anyone in their right mind accept it?"
Remilia looks down, disappointed.
"I see. That's your decision, then?"
"Well, yeah. I have no reason to say yes to that."
Sakuya silently words "thank you" behind Remilia.
"How boring. Well, do drop by the mansion if you ever change your mind. You will, trust me. It's your fate. Sakuya, let's go."
With that, she brushes past you, and that's the last you see of them.

-------------------

Or so you'd hoped. Why exactly are you standing outside the Scarlet Devil Mansion again? That bastard manager's rock was worth more than you thought. He just shut down the restaurant and sold the damn thing, and went off to live in the mountains or something. That of course, left you without a job. You were alright for a while, but with no income, you had no money to buy food. You tried to find a new job, but you really didn't have any suitable skills. As things were looking their worst, you remembered her offer. Food. Shelter. No naps or salary, but it beats being broke and not having food. And so you made your way to the mansion. Getting here was hard enough. It's quite a walk to the Misty Lake to begin with. First you had to make your way to the Forest of Magic, then actually go through the Forest of Magic. If you'd done this at night, you'd probably have been eaten. Thankfully, you made it here only having seen a few annoying fairies.
Fortunately for you, it seems somebody decided to build a bridge connecting the mansion to the rest of us, as the residents of the mansion have become somewhat more sociable since that mist incident. Even so, it was a long walk.

And so here you are. Standing outside the Scarlet Devil Mansion. It's really quite large, but the most noticeable things are the utter lack of windows, and the large gate around it. From what's not obscured by the gate, you can only see four or five windows on the entire front side. The gate itself is easily several times your height.
Still, this is your last resort. You steady yourself and make your way towards the gate. Once somewhat closer, you notice a girl standing by the gate, leaning on it. The mansion's famous guard? Apparently she's beautiful, and polite to all the guests, even those who aren't allowed in, but she's also an amazing fighter. She's wearing strange green and white clothes, with a green beret, and has long red hair. As you get closer, you notice that her eyes are closed.
Is she... sleeping?

[ ]
>> No. 21740
[x] Make sure you're safely out of KICK/PUNCH/CHOP range
[x] Try greeting her.
>> No. 21741
{X} Make sure you're safely out of KICK/PUNCH/CHOP range
{X} Try greeting her.
>> No. 21742
>>21724
>only male living in a mansion populated by females.
Doens't mean we're gonna get any sort of ass at all.

[x] Try greeting her.

Seriously. You guys. Meiling won't overkill us with a backhand powered by the fission reactor she calls her biceps.

Well, if we don't go by the gate. If we try, we'll end up like WuiG Anon and blub blub in the lake.
>> No. 21743
File 122450613027.jpg - (68.61KB, 648x690, 1204851702368.jpg) [iqdb]
21743
>>21740

[x] Try greeting her.

Are you retarded Anon? This is Meiling, who has Kung Fu stronger then our/anybody's Kung Fu.

tl;dr
She wouldn't kill us dead.
>> No. 21749
I have an exam in the morning, so it's too late to start writing now. More updates tomorrow.
>> No. 21751
[x] "No naps!"
>> No. 21753
[x] Try greeting her.
>> No. 21754
I heartily approve of the direction this story's taking, not everyone's able to pull off "sauve motherfucker" even if they have the right lines. Plus knowing that the write in might not be interpretated in the manner or way written means it'll give people more pause for thought in what they write, nicely done.

>>21751
>>[x] "No naps!"

Is it afternoon though?


{X} Make sure you're safely out of KICK/PUNCH/CHOP range
{X} Try greeting her.
>> No. 21755
[x] Try greeting her.
>> No. 21758
>>Are you retarded Anon? This is Meiling, who has Kung Fu stronger then our/anybody's Kung Fu.

Caution is never a bad idea, especially when attempting to wake a sleeper who could probably kill you 500 ways with just her pinky, alone.

Not to say she would, or have any reason to do so intentionally. It's just that you can never be sure what involuntary/reflexive actions to expect if you're waking someone up.
>> No. 21771
{†} Make sure you're safely out of KICK/PUNCH/CHOP range
{†} Try greeting her.
>> No. 21854
File 122467636880.jpg - (240.14KB, 511x730, c4680c187fbae0fca5bfd8288a3c3bca.jpg) [iqdb]
21854
>>21754
>Is it afternoon though?

>She performs Tai Chi Chuan daily, and has a nap at noon.
It's afternoon, anyway.

[X] Make sure you're safely out of KICK/PUNCH/CHOP range
[X] Try greeting her.

Up close you can see that she has her hair tied in braids at the sides, but it still flows out at the back. Probably to stop it getting in the way when she needs to fight, you think. There's also a star-shaped emblem on her beret. You can't read it; it's in Chinese.
Well, the last thing you want to do is startle her and get an accidental fist to your stomach. You take a few steps back, until you're about two metres away.
"Hello?" She doesn't stir. You try a little louder. "Gate guard?"
Her eyes flicker a little, before she suddenly jolts upright.
"Sakuya! I wasn't sleeping- eh? Who are you?"
She seems to calm down a little when she notices it was you, even though she has no idea who you are. You introduce yourself.
"I'm uh... Here about the job."
"Job?" She tilts her head inquisitively.
You pull out the slip from the Bunbunmaru newspaper and hand it to her. You brought it with you for just this reason: in case the gate guard didn't know about it. The article it was attached to was pretty funny, too. Something about Cirno getting what she deserves... Wait, that's not important.
"So, yeah... Are they still hiring?"
She hands the paper back to you.
"I don't know. I guess you'd need to ask Sakuya." You're about to ask if you can do so, but- "SAKUYA!" She yells out, before smiling at you. "She should only be a few seconds."
"Uh... thanks?"
You wait, and true to her word, a few seconds later the large doors of the mansion open up, Sakuya coming out of them.
"What is it, Meiling? I'm very b-" She sees you and freezes. "What are you doing here?!" Her voice is panicked.

[ ]
>> No. 21857
[X] "The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth. I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. I'm hungry and I've got nowhere to go. Ca- Can I work here?"
[X] Look seedy.
[X] Hope Sakuya takes pity on you.

No, she wouldn't turn us down. There's no way she would. She's not heartless. At least she'll give us some card board to build a house with. But I don't know if our personal plight is enough for her to take us to Remilia and not drive us away.
Hey Sakuya. What are you doing with that broo- *whack* "Get gone, you pest!"
>> No. 21860
{X} "The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth. I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. I'm hungry and I've got nowhere to go. Ca- Can I work here?"
>> No. 21866
[X] "The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth. I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. I'm hungry and I've got nowhere to go. Ca- Can I work here?"

>>21857
>>[X] Look seedy.

Either you've got some kind of wierd perception of Sakuya or you don't know what that word means, if you expect her to take pity on you as you look seedy.
>> No. 21868
>>21866
>wierd
I can't use 'seedy' as synonymous with 'miserable' in the sense that we're down-and-out?
>> No. 21869
>>21868

No. Because it isn't.

[x] "I've accepted your Mistress' offer. The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth; I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. While I did not, and still do not, believe that malarkey she said about this being my Fate, I cannot fill my stomach with pride, Miss Izayoi."

Why you are here is obvious, so you should frame this in a manner so that it makes it sound less like your decision and more like the workings of Fate (and hence, her boss).
>> No. 21879
[x] "I've accepted your Mistress' offer. The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth; I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. While I did not, and still do not, believe that malarkey she said about this being my Fate, I cannot fill my stomach with pride, Miss Izayoi."
>> No. 21881
>>21868

1. disreputable; run-down
2. full of seeds
3. untidy; unkempt
4. infirm; gone to seed

I am sure most of us here are going to associate seedy with the third option. Your idea is a bit off.
>> No. 21888
[X] "The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth. I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. I'm hungry and I've got nowhere to go. Ca- Can I work here?"
>> No. 21889
[†] "I've accepted your Mistress' offer. The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth; I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. While I did not, and still do not, believe that malarkey she said about this being my Fate, I cannot fill my stomach with pride, Miss Izayoi."
>> No. 21890
[X] "The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth. I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. I'm hungry and I've got nowhere to go. Ca- Can I work here?"

Is the winner. Update sometime today.
>> No. 21893
>>21889

Very interesting response from Sakuya ...
>> No. 21899
[x] "I've accepted your Mistress' offer. The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth; I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. While I did not, and still do not, believe that malarkey she said about this being my Fate, I cannot fill my stomach with pride, Miss Izayoi."

>>21857
>Hey Sakuya. What are you doing with that broo- *whack* "Get gone, you pest!"
LOL SO RANDUM XD

>>21869
Seedy means "miserable" about as much as "lecher" has anything at all to do with milk. Actually, even less.
>> No. 21908
>>21890
>Update sometime today.

Getting late
>> No. 21910
>>21908

I'm working on it. There's still like, two hours left.
>> No. 21911
[X] "The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth. I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much. I'm hungry and I've got nowhere to go. Ca- Can I work here?"

May as well tell her straight.
"The restaurant went out of business because of a case of acute wealth. I guess your Mistress tipped my boss too much." You can't help but be a little angry about that. "I'm hungry and I've got nowhere to go. C-Can I work here?" The last part comes out with a jump. You're blaming Remilia for your own misfortune and now you're trying to work under her. Even so, she made the offer to begin with. Sakuya shouldn't be able to refuse her Mistress' request. It seems she doesn't think so, though.
"Look, I'm really busy right now. Could this wait until another time?" She's flustered, rushing to get the words out. This is totally different from how you've ever seen her.
"It shouldn't be that hard, right? Just say yes, or let me talk to -"
"No! I mean, no. Look, please come back t-"
"Sakuya, what's all the fuss about? Really, leaving me behind like that."
Sakuya's face goes white as Remilia pokes her head around the door with a small "oh!" as she sees you. She heads towards you as Sakuya holds her face in her hands. Unlike before, she's also holding a large parasol over her.
"Well, it's about time! I told you this was your fate, didn't I? Come on in, then. Let's get you set up."
...She doesn't even wait for you to ask about the job. She just assumes you're here for it. She's right, but that's still kind of annoying. She grabs your hand and pulls you towards the large doors, past Sakuya. You don't have it in you to object.
"Sakuya, our trip tonight is cancelled. Our prey came to us, after all."
Her use of the word prey sends shivers down your spine.
"...Yes, Mistress."
Sakuya shuts the doors and follows behind you.

The inside of the mansion is amazing. The doors on the outside are large, but in here the corridor seems twice as big. All throughout the corridors are doors, stairways, and passages to other corridors. If you didn't have a guide you'd be completely lost. You're certain you've already walked far enough to cover the mansion's length three times. It's quite dark in the mansion itself; the only light coming from the hundreds of torches lining the ceiling and walls. The lack of windows or any kind of natural light makes you feel rather claustrophobic.
Eventually, you stop in front of a room, right next to the stairs you just went up. You think you're on the fourth floor right now, but you can't be certain.
"This is Sakuya's room." Remilia pushes at the door, swinging it open. For a second, you think you see clothes lying around, but they're gone by the time you blink. Was it just your imagination? You can't see all that much from here.
"Mistress! Why are you showing him this?!"
Remilia laughs. "Just to tease you, Sakuya."
You kind of feel sorry for Sakuya, like this. If Remilia is this hard on her all the time...
"Onward!" Remilia gives an exaggerated yell before strolling away. Sakuya quickly shuts the door before giving you an indescribable look. You head to follow Remilia, only to find she's stopped at the next door.
"M-Mistress! You can't be serious!" Sakuya strongly objects from behind you with a red face.
"I don't see why not, Sakuya. He'll be sharing your work, so it's natural that you should be near each other." Like always, Remilia has a teasing grin.
"...Yes, Mistress." Like that, she gives up. You're not sure if you're really comfortable with this either.
"Well, come on in." Remilia beckons to you, her and Sakuya following behind.

You head inside to find a large bedroom. This thing puts yours to shame. No, it puts your entire house to shame. The bed is about the size of your old room, with those curtain things dangling from above it. This is the kind of thing you hear about in stories from outsiders, not in real life. The room has several large dressers and cupboards (a mirror above one of them), and a doorway on the far side.
"That's to the bathroom." Remilia states, noticing your look.
You get your own bathroom? You put that aside for now. There's also a sitting table in the room, with four chairs.
"This... Is amazing." You can't help but say so.
"Not really." Remilia disagrees. "Most rooms in the mansion are like this." Most rooms? Wow, you'd like to see Remilia's room some time, if this is supposed to be average.
"So, any questions?" Remilia says this plainly. Any questions? Of course you have questions! She hasn't explained a thing!

[ ]
>> No. 21912
[X] So I don't get any naps?
>> No. 21916
[†]What kind of tasks will i have punctually?
>> No. 21917
{X} "What will my duties be while working here?"
{X} "Is there anything I should know about the mansion or its inhabitants?"
{X} "Just to confirm; no naps?"
>> No. 21919
{X} "What will my duties be while working here?"
{X} "Is there anything I should know about the mansion or its inhabitants?"
{X} "Just to confirm; no naps?"

sakuyans doggybowl~
>> No. 21920
[X] "Wh- Why did you call me 'prey'?"
[X] "What kind of duties will I have working here?"
[X] "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him."
Stupid vampire brat.

I also suspect Remilia thinks Sakuya needs a male human around to 'perk her up'. Not really working so far.

>This thing puts yours to shame.
Can't unthink.
>> No. 21923
[X] "Wh- Why did you call me 'prey'?"
[X] "What kind of duties will I have working here?"
[X] "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him."

This will probably piss of Remilia but ah well
>> No. 21924
[X] "Yes." Silence.

Of course you have questions. Of course she's not going to answer them.
>> No. 21930
[X] "Wh- Why did you call me 'prey'?"
[X] "What kind of duties will I have working here?"
[X] "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him."
>> No. 21934
[X] "Wh- Why did you call me 'prey'?"
[X] "What kind of duties will I have working here?"
[X] "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him."
>> No. 21935
[ˆーˆ] "What will my duties be while working here?"
[ˆーˆ] "Is there anything I should know about the mansion or its inhabitants?"
[ˆーˆ] "Just to confirm; no naps?"
Seems most safest and logical.

I don't know why but the fact that Sakuya's room is beside and... Well, when you mean far side, which side is it?
I have the feeling that the bathroom is connected to Sakuya room too. Thanks to the mentioning of the luxury of getting your own bathroom.
>> No. 21936
The 'no naps' thing wasn't funny the first time we said it, why would it work this time?
>> No. 21938
[£] "So, who do I have to kill for this luxury again?"
>> No. 21940
>[] "Wh- Why did you call me 'prey'?"
>[] "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him."

From fearful to standoffish in record time. Or maybe just tsundere?

[x] "No. I understand completely." Though it's clear from your expression you really don't.

Remilia didn't mention your duties for a reason: You don't really have any. The only reason you're here is to give Remilia a reason to tease Sakuya. Survival means pleasing the Mistress, and to this end, you want to get into trouble, be flirtatious, ignore the actual danger you're in, and generally be incorrigible without appearing malicious.

Dusting? You accidentally broke that priceless vase, but fixed it by gluing the pieces back together. In the kitchen? You accidentally used sugar instead of flour. Doing the laundry? You mixed colors with whites and accidentally turned Sakuya's blouses pink. In the library? You call out loudly, ostensibly looking for Sakuya.

If it makes her blanch and sputter, it's probably the right idea.
>> No. 21953
>>21920
>This thing puts yours to shame.

And now Remilia's puts yours to shame~

So wow. I go play Dead Space for 8 hours and suddenly way more votes than usual.
Writing and such.
>> No. 21954
[X] "Wh- Why did you call me 'prey'?"
[X] "What kind of duties will I have working here?"
[X] "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him."

Was the winner, by the way.
>> No. 21957
>>21953
>Writing and such.

Hooray!
>> No. 21984
>Doing the laundry? You mixed colors with whites and accidentally turned Sakuya's blouses pink.

Mental note, do this because it will be funny.
>> No. 21985
File 122481279652.jpg - (117.11KB, 500x600, 1220494350515.jpg) [iqdb]
21985
I like a non-engrish moe~moe Sakuya as much as the next guy, but really now.
>> No. 22002
>>21985

I don't know what you're implying here.

Anyway, there are only two things more unreliable than the word of a writefag: Komachi and North Korea.
That said, writing now.
>> No. 22003
>>22002

Hooray!
>> No. 22008
File 122486907664.jpg - (70.72KB, 500x455, c8a75626b5d12c4cf2c11485a729c014.jpg) [iqdb]
22008
[X] "Wh- Why did you call me 'prey'?"
[X] "What kind of duties will I have working here?"
[X] "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him."

You've got a few things to ask, but a lot to find out, really.
"Wh-"
"Hold on. Let's take a seat, shall we?" Without anything more, Remilia sits down at the table, Sakuya standing behind her, head turned away from you. You follow suit and sit down across from her. First off, there's something that's had you a little worried from before.
"Why did you call me 'prey'?"
Remilia laughs when you say this.
"Did you think I was planning to eat you? Please! I'd never have such poor taste!" She keeps laughing. It's not quite so funny for you. Still, that's a little reassuring. A little. "You were my prey because I was about to go get you."
"Get me?"
"To see if you were ready to accept my offer. You didn't think I'd give up that easily, did you?"No, I guess not." Her reaction back then did seem a little odd, given how she'd been acting throughout the night.

Time for the main question, then. "What kind of duties will I have working here?"
"Oh, you'll just be helping take the load of Sakuya. Cooking, washing, ironing, cleaning... those kinds of things." She rattles them off with disinterest. Does she even want you to work? Or does she just think you already know all of these things? Still, you get the feeling that she might be doing this deliberately. You'll ask Sakuya about it later. Come to think of it, why did she want you to refuse that request? Shouldn't she be glad to have less work on her shoulders?

There's just one more thing, then. "I'm not buying what you said about fate. You just knew that the manager would retire with the gem you gave him." There's no way she wouldn't know how much that thing was worth.
"Oh? Whatever are you talking about?" She gives you an inquisitive look. "I had no idea, though I did know that was a possibility. It depended entirely on his character. That he decided to retire certainly means that this is fate."
Tch. This is annoying. To begin with, you don't believe that she doesn't know about the restaurant shutting down. It was one of the most high-class restaurants in the human village, so it was big news when it happened. Secondly, you don't really believe in fate. But then again, this seems like a bit much if she'd just chosen you by chance. Come to think of it, why you?

"Is that all?" Remilia's looking at you impatiently. Well, you have a few more questions, but you figure they can wait.
"Yeah, that's all for now."
"Well, then." Remilia gets up from her chair. "I'll meet you again for dinner. Do help Sakuya with the cooking, won't you?"
"Uh... Right."
With that, she just leaves the room, followed by Sakuya. Remilia... She's kind of irritating. Her expectations of you are way too high. You just need to hope you don't end up getting kicked out. Without any salary in this job, you can't afford to support yourself while you find something else. Well, right now you must have at least a few hours to yourself.

[ ]
>> No. 22009
[X] "Tsk. She's insufferable. And I wonder if she's incorrigble to boot."
[X] Pity yourself for the fine mess you, or fate, has gotten yourself into.
[X] Check the room for anything useful and make yourself at home. It IS going to be your home for some time.
>> No. 22011
[x] Get situated in your new room.
[x] Wander the halls; if you're going to be living here, you'll need to start making a mental map of the place.
>> No. 22021
[!/]Get situated in your new room.
[!/] Wander the halls; if you're going to be living here, you'll need to start making a mental map of the place.
>> No. 22022
[X] Get situated in your new room.
[X] Wander the halls; if you're going to be living here, you'll need to start making a mental map of the place.
>> No. 22026
>>22008
>"Oh, you'll just be helping take the load of Sakuya.
You are now imagining being fucked by futa Sakuya.Manually.
>> No. 22027
>>22026

...Huh. That was supposed to be "off of".
I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing this subconsciously.
>> No. 22032
[!] Get situated in your new room.
[!] Wander the halls; if you're going to be living here, you'll need to start making a mental map of the place.
>> No. 22076
[X] Get situated in your new room.
[X] Wander the halls; if you're going to be living here, you'll need to start making a mental map of the place.

May as well take a look around. You didn't really bring much with you. Just the clothes on your back and... no, that's pretty much it. And after that trek through the forest, they're a bit beaten up, as well. As such, you start by looking through the dressers. Nothing. That's reasonable. They wouldn't keep things in here just in case. You'll need to ask someone about getting some new clothes. You move on to the cupboards and drawers, finding nothing inside them, either, save for a blank notebook and pocket watch in the drawer beneath the mirror. It wouldn't do you much good carrying a blank notebook around, especially when you don't have anything to write with, so you go to put it back, before a piece of paper falls out. Picking it up and unfolding it, it's a sketchy map of the mansion. There's a dot to indicate where you are; on the fourth floor, like you thought. There's apparently six floors, not counting the roof and clock tower. It's strange. The mansion looked big, sure, but there's no way it could have been this big. Remilia's room is on the sixth floor. There's also the mansion's famous library, which apparently takes up two floors. There's also a basement floor which is crossed out. You guess that Remilia doesn't want you going down there. Wait... Come to think of it, what is this doing here? Do they have maps like this in every room? Somehow, you know that Remilia made this for you. You wonder just how much planning she's put into your stay.
You put the map in your pocket and look at the watch. It's already been set up, telling you that it's currently 7pm. That trip through the forest took much longer than you thought. In the meantime, the sun must have gone down. Come to think of it, when do they have dinner here? You grab the notebook and flip through it, seeing if Remilia's left any other notes for you. Oddly, there's a page in the middle that's marked. "Dinner's at 4am."
...4am? Is she really a vampire, or does she just keep odd hours? You're starting to believe the former.

Still, staying around here won't do you any good. You've got nine hours to kill, so you may as well try and get used to the place. Even with the map, you could easily get lost around here. You're about to leave, before you think of something. It'd be a bad idea to forget where your room is. After all, you don't have anything to separate it from the rest. You tear out a page from the notebook and slip it into the doorframe as you go. You can make a proper nameplate later. You look over to Sakuya's room, which is unmarked. You could see if she's there, but she's probably away doing something else. You think about where to go first.

[ ]
>> No. 22078
[X] Explore from the ground floor upwards. Kitchen, washhouse and what not are found often on the ground floor in a mansion. See if you can make yourself useful down there. Someone there should b e able to show you the ropes.
>> No. 22079
[!/] Explore from the ground floor upwards.
>> No. 22080
{X} Explore from the ground floor upwards.
>> No. 22081
[X] Explore from the ground floor upwards.
>> No. 22111
[X] Explore from the ground floor upwards.

>>There's apparently six floors, not counting the roof and clock tower.
>>clock tower

I am getting some Castlevania vibes here.
>> No. 22112
>>22111

SUDDENLY MEDUSA HEADS
THOUSANDS OF THEM
>> No. 22114
File 12251366838.jpg - (59.89KB, 640x480, RAAAAGE.jpg) [iqdb]
22114
>>22112
>> No. 22116
>>22112

SAFJAFJSHL:ASFHJFSL: MEDUSA HEADS.
>> No. 22117
>>22112

>MEDUSA HEADS

I wouldn't do that to you. Nobody deserves that.
Anyway, some more crap to deal with tomorrow and then I should be free to write more. For now, I sleep.
>> No. 22164
File 122517535133.png - (24.52KB, 256x207, stage-revmarble1-2.png) [iqdb]
22164
>>22111
We should take note of the ceilings, they'll be important later.
>> No. 22172
>>22164

Oh, you bastard.

You've just reminded why I hate the Inverted Marble Gallery.

Aside from the Stone Skulls and those skeletons that throw bouncing bones, it's the fucking twin rolling spikes that comes that chop off your ankles and take off around 286-386 HP.
>> No. 22188
Eh, why did you stop writing the SA LA, Anonymaster?
>> No. 22204
>>22188

WHOOPS I MAY HAVE JUST CAUSED A HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING
I read that wrong. Disregard my other comment. Thought you were talking about this one. Anyway, keep the SotUY stuff to the SotUY thread. I don't want that in here.
>> No. 22232
>>22204

But you're here, not there.
>> No. 22240
>>22232

I check that thread for just this reason. If you post something there, I'll see it.

Anyway, my schedule was kind of fucked up. Updates will hopefully resume on Saturday.
>> No. 22292
http://mirrormoon.org/news/2008/11/fatestay_night_english_v3_1_released

...I might not update for another week or so.
>> No. 22897
I believe that week is over.
>> No. 22910
>>22292

Where is my Butler update, faget.
>> No. 23442
File 122764544924.jpg - (127.41KB, 848x3212, SDM map.jpg) [iqdb]
23442
Have a poorly drawn and not quite to scale map.


[X] Explore from the ground floor upwards.

Well, the best way to do things would be to start from the bottom, so you make your way down the stairs and back to the entrance of the mansion. From what you can gather, the first floor is mainly made to appeal to guests, as there are only guest rooms on it, though the main attraction is the large ballroom in the middle. There's also the entrance to the basement, but you don't want to go against Remilia right now, so you head for the ballroom.

...This can't be right. There's no room for the ballroom on the second floor, and you took the stairs down here so you know they weren't this big, yet the ballroom defies all this logic and is quite simply huge. It has to be at least twenty or thirty metres to the ceiling. That aside, the ballroom is amazing. It's a round dome shape, supported by many large pillars around the sides of the room, which seem to be marble. There are many tables around the room, long enough to seat a few dozen people each, covered in large cloths and candelabras, themselves decorated with expensive-looking gems dangling from them. There's a large open area in the middle of all the tables, presumeably for dancing in. You can see there just how well-taken care of the floor is, as with all the light in the room you can see clearly that the floor is so well polished that it's reflective, possibly granite. There's a small stage on one end of the room, and the back of the ballroom leads out to the garden, blocked by a large glass door. The light in the room is all coming from an impossibly huge chandelier hanging from the roof. You can't even begin to count how many candles there are and looking at it hurts your eyes from how bright it is, but what puzzles you more is how exactly they manage to light them with it way up there. Oh, wait. The shrine maiden definitely isn't the only person who can fly. Come to think of it, Sakuya came to the village before there was a bridge to the mansion, so she must be able to fly as well. But really, how much work does she do around here? You've seen a few fairy maids around the place, but they just scattered away when you did. You haven't seen them doing any actual work. Still, the strangest thing about this ballroom is that while it is definitely on the first floor of the mansion, the ceiling, made of glass in the middle, opens up to a starry night sky. Maybe... it's just a wallpaper? Ah, forget it. You'll just ask someone about it later. For now, you decide to check out the second floor.

So, the second floor is home to the library, which takes up two floors. If the ballroom was that big when it was only "one" floor, then you can't imagine how huge this place must be. The doors themselves are intimidating, standing several metres tall, against a long, otherwise blank wall. Pushing them open, you're greeted with ridiculously huge bookcases. If the ballroom was huge, this is majestic. Falling from the top of these bookcases would spell instant death for you. You can't even begin to count how many shelves there are, let alone how many books, and that's on a single case. The library takes up more than half the floor, so the amount of books here...
That aside, you've heard that there's supposed to be a magician girl who lives in the library. You could go looking for her, or continue looking around the mansion.

[ ]
>> No. 23443
[x] Continue looking around the mansion.
>> No. 23467
[x] Go to the kitchen first. You have no idea how much time it takes to make a proper dinner for Remilia's discerning and peculiar taste or if you have to buy the ingredients first
>> No. 23483
[X] Get lost looking for her.
>> No. 23486
[X] Get lost looking for her.
>> No. 23506
[!/] Go to the kitchen first. You have no idea how much time it takes to make a proper dinner for Remilia's discerning and peculiar taste or if you have to buy the ingredients first.

Food makan' games. Getting lost is optional.
>> No. 23507
[x] Go to the kitchen first. You have no idea how much time it takes to make a proper dinner for Remilia's discerning and peculiar taste or if you have to buy the ingredients first

Patchy is loev, getting lost on your first day is not.
>> No. 23531
I'm feeling kind of lost right now. Maybe a few options would be better while we're exploring the mansion than write-ins?
>> No. 23533
>>23531

Yeah, I was thinking of that, but I forgot it when I posted. I'll have points where there's options and points where there isn't. For now, sleep.
>> No. 23823
[x] Go to the kitchen first. You have no idea how much time it takes to make a proper dinner for Remilia's discerning and peculiar taste or if you have to buy the ingredients first

HEY SAKUYA
IM IN UR KITCHEN
EATIN UR FOODS
>> No. 23827
[x] Go to the kitchen first. You have no idea how much time it takes to make a proper dinner for Remilia's discerning and peculiar taste or if you have to buy the ingredients first.

While his initial meeting with Remilia confirmed the protagonist as a superlative bullshit artist, now that you have prep time it's time to gb2/kitchen/ and really kick it up a notch.

Sakuya is of course going to want to minimize your involvement with dinner preparations, so you should preempt her by laying out an immense number of ingredients and opening up maybe a half-dozen or so cookbooks to choice items beforehand. The more ambitious the menu the better. Bonus points if it involves a trip to the village and bringing back an animal for slaughter.
>> No. 24088
So I was checking PMiSS for something related to this update, and...
>In the basement is the great library which is said to be the largest in Gensokyo.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF
Oh well, too late to change it now.
Anyway.

[X] Go to the kitchen first. You have no idea how much time it takes to make a proper dinner for Remilia's discerning and peculiar taste or if you have to buy the ingredients first.

…No, it’d be a pretty poor situation if you ended up getting lost on your first day at work here. You’ll check the library some other time. For now, you decide to head off.
The only real place left to check is the kitchen. The third floor is just more guest rooms and half of it is taken up by the rest of the huge library. The fourth floor is where your room is, along with Sakuya’s, and the servant’s quarters. Come to think of it, just how much work do they do? You’ve only seen a few of them since you got here, and they’ve all disappeared so quickly at the sight of you that they’re barely even worth calling encounters. You can’t really imagine them doing much hard work. Then again, you’ve never heard of a male fairy, and all the usual residents of the mansion are women, right? They could just be nervous about having a man staying in the mansion. As such, visiting them probably wouldn’t do much but create havoc. Come to think of it, why exactly are there so many guest rooms in this place? You’ve heard of the mansion throwing large balls or parties, but never of anyone staying here. Ah, whatever. There’s too much you don’t know about this place, and too few people who want to explain anything. As the library doors close behind you with a heavy thud, you begin to wonder if you should have gone to see that magician after all...

...This is getting on your nerves. Everything in this mansion is so much bigger than you’re used to. It’s not like your kitchen at home was that big, but that’s not the problem. You’d expect this to be bigger. The problem is that this kitchen is about twice the size of the one from your the restaurant. You don’t really recognise many of the things in here, either. Sure, you had pots and pans, but this stuff... Is it outsider technology? The mansion did only show up here a few years ago, after all. Then again, you’re a waiter, not a chef. For all you know these things could be completely normal in any kitchen. Well, aside from yours.
But that brings up another problem. Remilia asked you to help Sakuya with the cooking. You don’t know how to cook. Sure, you could boil some vegetables and scramble some eggs, but that wouldn’t really suit the tastes of a vampire, let alone some high-class pseudo-child brat. You’ve got plenty of time until dinner, but if you’re going to be cooking at all you need to see if there’s anything here you can use, let alone make a meal of. You start looking through the various cupboards and drawers.

...You don’t even know where to begin. You can’t even name most of the things in this place. It’s all foreign to you. For one, there’s some machine that’s cold on the inside, keeping all the contents cool. It’s like some kind of mechanic Cirno, only actually useful. For now, you nickname it “coolno”. It’s terrible, admittedly. Moving on, there’s also some fire-generating bench thing. Most restaurants would have a magic-user get the fires going in the kitchen for efficiency, but there aren’t any with devices to do it for them. It’s hard to get used to.
Then there’s the food. The cupboards are packed with foods and herbs and spices and sauces and things you don’t even know the generic term for, never mind the specific one. It doesn’t help that the writing on the ones that have it is in some outsider language. You really only recognise the basics. Simple vegetables, and simple meats. So how the hell are you supposed to make a meal for her out of this? Help me, Hakurei Miko.
Then things get even more complicated. Looking through the drawers you can see a dozen different kinds of knives, forks, spoons, splades, sporks, spifes, and other odd combinations so strange you can’t even begin to guess what their purpose is. And the things that aren’t cutlery. There’s mixers, tongs, rolling pins, large kitchen knives and all sorts of things you’ve seen used in the restaurant’s kitchen but never needed to use yourself.
Quite frankly, you’re completely out of your league. You’re a waiter going into a kitchen. Even needing to serve the entire restaurant by yourself wouldn’t have been this bad. At least then you’d know what you were doing. You’ve managed to bullshit yourself out of bad situations before, but you can’t do the same thing when your cooking skill is being tested.
You’ll need to admit defeat. Next time you run into Sakuya, you’ll need to ask for her help. Well, she’s the cook anyway, so you should probably just leave it to her. On the other hand, you could probably help her out a little, right? You shut the drawers and decide to start looking for her.

Suddenly, you can’t move. You were about to turn around, but you’re kind of frozen in place. How peculiar. You can move your face, and blink, and such, but your body won’t move. Wait, no, it’s moving. Just really slowly. This is weird. It's like your body is running on different time to your head. You hear the sound of something scraping.
“What are you doing in my kitchen?”

[ ]
>> No. 24089
[x] "I was just looking around to see if it's anything like the restaurant. But it seems like this is beyond anything I know. Could you show me how everything works around here?"
[x] Pause.
[x] "A- are you angry?"
>> No. 24090
File 122857526780.png - (487.54KB, 1000x795, 5ea2fa0e00645586782998ddaa504506.png) [iqdb]
24090
[x] "SAKUYAAA~! I was searching for you! I'm glad that I found you!"
[x] "Ask her about, what you should do now?"

ALSO: I REALLY REALLY HATE IF SOMEBODY IS MESSIN' MY KITCHEN!
>> No. 24091
[x] "Oh, hi! Remilia asked me to help with the cooking, but I don't exactly know what's on the menu, so...."
>> No. 24095
>scramble some eggs
do it faggot

[X] "I was just looking around to see if it's anything like the restaurant. But it seems like this is beyond anything I know. Could you show me how everything works around here?"
[X] Pause.
[X] "A- are you angry?"
>> No. 24097
>>24090
What a Slut.
>> No. 24099
[x] "I was just looking around to see if it's anything like the restaurant. But it seems like this is beyond anything I know. Could you show me how everything works around here?"
[x] Pause.
[x] "A- are you angry?"

Yay!
>> No. 24100
[!/] "I was just looking around to see if it's anything like the restaurant. But it seems like this is beyond anything I know. Could you show me how everything works around here?"
[!/] Pause.
[!/] "A- are you angry?"
>> No. 24102
File 122859460222.jpg - (647.30KB, 600x800, 61627e25906ecee72e8fa52eb8dfb26d.jpg) [iqdb]
24102
[X] "I was just looking around to see if it's anything like the restaurant. But it seems like this is beyond anything I know. Could you show me how everything works around here?"
[X] Pause.
[X] "A- are you angry?"

Is that Sakuya? It sounds like her, but your head is also feeling a little fuzzy, and you can't see her, so you don't know for sure. Regardless, you didn't like that scraping sound. Something about it just sent chills up your spine. Probably because you have absolutely no idea what the sound is. But it's not like she'd have any reason to attack you or anything, right? Yeah, you're just being paranoid... Actually, you probably should be paranoid. After all, your body's been magically slowed down to a crawl and you're hearing strange scraping noises from unhappy sounding women standing behind you asking you questions. Oh, right.
"I was just looking around to see if it's anything like the restaurant, but it seems like this is beyond anything I know." Not exactly the most confident way to put it. "Could you show me how everything works around here?"
Still, being confident is out of place when you're asking someone for help. In the meantime, you've managed to push your body around enough to see who's keeping you here, and as you thought, it's Sakuya. Holding a knife in her hand. It's not a kitchen knife. No, this is a knife made for self-defence. Well, probably offense in Sakuya's case. You can't really imagine the perfect elegant maid ever getting caught off-guard. Of course, this then raises the question of why she has such a knife pointed at you. You look up to her face and...
"A... Are you angry?"
You don't really need to ask, seeing as it's pretty obvious from her expression, but it's better than the silence. A little. But why's she so angry? It's not like you've done anything for her to be so mad at you. You just came in here and looked around, you didn't even move anything. You specifically made sure to put everything back where it was, and that's for the things you picked up in the first place, anyway. Suddenly the grip on your body disappears, and the effort you were putting into moving yourself causes you to twist your body further than intended, losing your balance in the process. You try to grab the bench to stop yourself from falling, realising yourself a split second before the clattering of falling pots and pans tells you that it was a bad idea. Okay, now there's a mess. And she might have a little reason to be mad at you. Which she is. Very much so. Her face is turning a little red. It's not the embarrassed shade you saw earlier, though. This time it's more like pure rage, so intimidating that you're scared to move lest she strike you down in her fury. Oh god, please break the silence.

"Get out."
She speaks through clenched teeth; her words forceful, yet quiet. You can't just do that though, can you? Remilia wanted you to help with dinner, and now you've made more work for Sakuya. There's no way Remilia will be happy if she hears about this.

[ ]
>> No. 24105
[!/] Inform the manager Remilla of your fuckup before Sakuya.

TIMEFUCKERY BE DAMNED.
>> No. 24106
[x] "We- we'll just say that this was my fault."
[x] Point at the mess you caused.

Damn it, Sakuya! Why are you so hard to please and don't even see our good intent?
>> No. 24116
[X] "I'm sorry...I'm sorry."

Keep it simple.
>> No. 24120
[X] "I'm...I'm sorry."
[X] The fuck out. Get it.
>> No. 24121
[x] Get out.

Remilia's intention was probably to piss Sakuya off, so I think we've succeeded winningly.
>> No. 24122
[X] "I'm...I'm sorry."
[X] The fuck out. Get it.
>> No. 24137
[X] "I'm...I'm sorry."
[X] "The fuck out."
>> No. 24141
File 122863280831.jpg - (33.05KB, 621x478, 1219133212992.jpg) [iqdb]
24141
[X] "I'm...I'm sorry."
[X] The fuck out. Get it.

...Is the winner.
...What.
>> No. 24142
File 122863510615.jpg - (78.86KB, 600x450, 1228610738651.jpg) [iqdb]
24142
>>24141

FUCKING ANON.
>> No. 24145
>>24141

You going to update /others/ as well?
>> No. 24148
>>24145

Eventually.
>> No. 24149
>>24141

And just what exactly is your problem?
>> No. 24234
Time for updates!
>> No. 24676
Where is my butler update with the relevation that we have to get out because Sakuya's about to bake her special christmas cookies with the secret ingredient?

Love
>> No. 24712
>>24676
D'awwww.
>> No. 24743
>>24676
Sorry, Butler won't be getting a Christmas story.

>>24149
What happened to anon's usual bravado/stupidity? I was expecting you guys to stand your ground, not y'know... Comply. That made the update a bit hard.
Speaking of, I've had half of it sitting around for a few weeks now. Trying to finish it now.
>> No. 24746
File 122972382870.jpg - (280.65KB, 600x692, f80da026fc26db3cb07df3bafd51571e.jpg) [iqdb]
24746
DAMN YOU SITE WORK PROPERLY

Picture unrelated, but awesome.

[X] "I'm...I'm sorry."
[X] The fuck out. Get it.

Shit. Shit shit shit. She was pissed off before, now you're certain that mind of hers is filled with pure, unbridled rage. I mean, it wasn't really your fault. She was pretty sudden about manipulating your body. Even so, trying to shift the blame onto her isn't going to make her any happier about what just happened. Better to take the blame and get the hell out of here, like she said.
"I'm... I'm sorry."
That's the best you can think of. You follow it up with a quick bow before rushing to the nearest door, but before you make it out-
"If you come into my kitchen again, I'll kill you."
Those words make your blood run cold.

So, you've been "working" here for a few hours and the only thing you've managed to do is spill some kitchenware and piss off the head maid. Great. You lean against the wall outside the kitchen trying to think of how you're going to explain this to Remilia, massaging your temples. But given how she tried to get you to work here in the first place, it's not like she's going to fire you for something like this, right?
"Well, you see, I was looking around in the kitchen, heh, funny story, and then Sakuya shows up and uses her time manipulation to slow me down, right? So I'm putting all this energy into my body to try and move, and then she lets me go and I go flying, right? Like, all this stuff just hits the floor, like bang, bang, bang, and..."
No, that's bad. That's putting the blame on Sakuya. Definitely not the right way to go about gaining Remilia's favour here.
"Oh, did Sakuya tell you about what happened earlier? It was nothing, really. Just knocked over a few things in the kitchen. It only took a few seconds to clean up, really."
Yeah, that works. Just play it off like it's nothing. But how to introduce yourself? You can't just barge into her room with no reason.
"Remilia, are you here?"
"Yes? What is it?"
Yeah, that's how it'd go.
"Well, about how you asked me to cook for you..."
"Has something happened?"
...Wait. You take your hand away from your face. Remilia's standing a few feet away from you, looking at you curiously. You were so deep in worry that you didn't even notice her get here. Damn, how long was she there? Well, you're not getting out of it now. May as well tell her. You explain the situation as simply as possible, trying not to blame Sakuya and trying to make it seem like a small thing, and that you'd excused yourself at her request.
"That won't do!"
But your employer isn't about to let you off that easily. Why can't things ever go your way for once?
"I wanted you to help Sakuya with the cooking! Now get back in there!"
...Get... Get back in there? No way. There is no way in hell you're going back in there right now, if ever.
"Uh... Miss Remilia, I really don't think that's a good idea." Remilia doesn't even listen to you. As soon as she understands that you're arguing she just grabs your hand and starts pulling you to the door. "I mean, I think Sakuya could use some space and-" The door swings open.

And so here you are, back in Sakuya's kitchen not five minutes after she told you she'd kill you if you came in here again. Her face would best be described as incredulous. It's reasonable. You wouldn't expect someone in your position to let themselves get dragged back in here... Oh, dammit. Couldn't you have just run from Remilia instead of letting her bring you back here? Contrary to your explanation, the mess you made has already been put away.
"Mistress... What's he doing here?"
There isn't really any malice in her voice. She's just surprised at the situation.
"Come now Sakuya, you know I wanted him to help with the cooking."
Wait, she knew? GOD DAMMIT SAKUYA. You give her the dirtiest look you can possibly manage with your own face. She ignores you.
"Well Mistress, I still think he would be better suited to other duties-"
"No excuses, Sakuya!" You don't know how Remilia's yell was supposed to sound to her, but to you it just sounded ridiculous. She's like one of those spoiled rich kids in those plays at the village, scolding their maid or butler for doing something they didn't like. Actually, she's not like one, she [b]is[b] one. She tugs you along into the kitchen and then pulls Sakuya away.
"Well, get to it."
"...Get to what?" You're already getting tired of this.
"Cooking! What else would you do in a kitchen?" Remilia's visibly irritated at your not so visible but far more reasonable confusion.
Well, great. Remilia wants you to cook, and Sakuya right now probably wants to kill you... even more than usual. Yeah, she's staring at you coldly from over Remilia's head. Normally you'd say over her shoulder, but Remilia's just so short... Anyway, that's beside the point. You're no chef. You can bullshit some imaginary meal, but not when you're the one who has to cook it! You can't bullshit your way through something practical. And in a kitchen this big, you don't even know where to start. Still, they're both expecting something...

[ ]
>> No. 24747
[ ] Apologize.
[ ] Explain that you really aren't any good of a cook--and you're very sorry about that, but that's a fact--
[ ] And you probably would be suited, like Miss Sakuya said--
>> No. 24748
[x] Eggs. Get some.
[x]"Don't boil, SCRAMBLE."
[x] Unlimited Egg Works
>> No. 24750
{X} Apologize.
{X} Explain that you really aren't any good of a cook--and you're very sorry about that, but that's a fact--
{X} And you probably would be suited, like Miss Sakuya said--

Hm~
>> No. 24755
[x] Eggs. Get some.
[x] "Don't boil, SCRAMBLE."
[x] Unlimited Egg Works

Bacon and eggs. Something so simple even a monkey like this guy could do it. And perhaps, it may be a refreshing change from what Remi usually eats.

Maybe afterwards, we can get Sakuya to teach us some more complex stuff.
>> No. 24759
[x] Apologize.
[x] Try to do your best.
If we don't seem to be getting anything done:
[x] Ask Sakuya to give you a hand.
[x] Take her to the side and tell her that you'll owe her a favor if she helps you just this one time.

Although I can perfectly see "Fine, then go play with the little sister tomorrow in my stead." happening. Oh fuck!
>> No. 24761
File 12297894352.jpg - (46.73KB, 640x360, 1228972484972.jpg) [iqdb]
24761
[!/] Eggs. Get some.
[!/] "Don't boil, SCRAMBLE."
[!/] Unlimited Egg Works

Relative of YWUiG, do you have enough skills?
>> No. 24762
"It's okay now."
I lift my head. For a second, I see Sakuya's eyes widen. Does my face look that strange to her?
I have no time to wonder.
"It's okay now," I repeat.
"I had always wondered why...the only things I could ever make were eggs," I mutter aloud, more to myself than Sakuya. She watches me, cautiously, the same expression as ever on her face.
Does she think I'm crazy, perhaps?
I'm not crazy.
I simply understand now.
---
Every egg-based meal I ever made turned out perfectly.
Huevos rancheros. Tea egg. Omelette. Dan furong. Even the first tamagoyaki I made was a masterpiece. I assumed it was all the result of something like "luck" or "skill", but in the end, neither of those explanations were correct.
---
Images flash in my mind.
Cuticula. Membrane. Chalaza. Albumen. Even with my eyes open, I can see them clearly.
---
I understand the concept of 'eggs'.
Yes, that's right. If it is made from an egg, I can create it easily.
I don't even need the cookbook. The steps of the recipe are etched into my soul.
The Mistress desires a cake.
And a cake--
The very first thing you do--is--
"Beat egg yolks." I whisper.

And it begins.
>> No. 24769
>>24762

(I_I)
>> No. 24770
[x] Start with what you know.
No matter how basic.
>> No. 25181
[X] Apologize.
[X] Explain that you really aren't any good of a cook--and you're very sorry about that, but that's a fact--
>> No. 25199
{X} Apologize.
{X} Explain that you really aren't any good of a cook--and you're very sorry about that, but that's a fact--
{X} And you probably would be suited, like Miss Sakuya said--
>> No. 25929
>The mansion did only show up here a few years ago, after all.

Shit, I didn't even notice this. This is totally wrong. Should be something like "The mansion did show up after the border was closed, after all."
In this story it's been here far longer than a few years.

Anyway, trying to get back into things. Expect an update sometime this week.
>> No. 25936
>>25929
You better, you you...DOUBLE BUTLER.
>> No. 26003
File 123366137369.jpg - (299.00KB, 550x725, 0d473c79bdcb72fecde64ab90e44c864.jpg) [iqdb]
26003
I went with this option for two reasons: It reached the vote limit first, and it was simpler to write. I'm not going to be so rigid with the votes anymore.

[X] Eggs. Get some.
[X]"Don't boil, SCRAMBLE."
[X] Unlimited Egg Works


Well, shit. Sorry, Sakuya. You can't really mouth it with Remilia watching you, so you just have to hope she understands that you're sorry. You can't refuse Remilia. She's your "employer", after all. Her rules are law, and her commands gospel. In your situation, the power she has over you is far more fearful than anything Sakuya could do to you. Hell, if you lose this "job" you're pretty much dead, anyway. So you can't refuse her. Even if Sakuya hates you for it, you have to comply.
But what the hell are you going to make? All you ever make yourself is eggs, noodles, and a few differently prepared vegetables. It's fine for you, but is this high-class brat really going to be happy with it? Screw it. She wants you to cook. You'll cook. And if you fuck up, too bad for her. With this in mind, you get started.
You make it as simple as possible. Simple is good. It means you won't mess up. Just make what you're used to. You take some potatoes and put them in a pot, move it onto that stove, and start boiling them. Then you move on to the eggs. You take them out, crack them, add milk, add salt and pepper, beat, and put them in another pot to cook. You then add the rest of the vegetables to the potatoes, leaving them to steam. Now you simply need to keep an eye on them and wait for it all to cook.
"Hey, is that it?" ...Hakurei fucking damn it, she knows you're not a cook. You turn around and look at Remilia. She's utterly unimpressed, arms folded in front of her, large bat-like wings slowly spreading out, mouth curling at the side, and eyebrow twitching. Shit, did you really piss her off this much just from cooking something so simple? How the hell did she react to the meal at the restaurant? You were outside talking to Sakuya while she was eating it, so you didn't see.
"Mistress."
"Eh?"
And just like that, her composure changes again. She looks almost confused as she turns to Sakuya, who looks calm and composed like usual. Well, not so usual, as you've found.
"Mistress, I think it would be best if you did not pressure him. He was a waiter, not a chef. Cooking is not his duty."
Sakuya? Why's she defending you now? Remilia looks down for a moment to consider it. With an audible "hmph" she flicks her head and stomps out of the room, leaving you with Sakuya. She sighs, then walks over next to you, leaning against the bench.
"I'm sorry."
"Wh... What?" Her apology is unexpected.
"My mistress can be a handful. I must say, she's rather spoilt." She follows this with a small giggle. "Though as her maid, I do get some satisfaction out of spoiling her. She can be cute at times, if you give her the chance." She has a smile across her face, but... You can't help but think it's somehow wistful.

Suddenly, the tender moment changes. Silence so quiet it causes ringing in your ears. What happened to the bubbling of the pot? Sakuya has her arm on your shoulder. You look to her face, now deadly serious, frowning eyes coldly staring back at you.
"Like this, we can talk. This is no place for you. If you know what's good for you, leave. I can freeze them long enough for you to get across the bridge. Don't look back. Don't come near this place ever again."
That's... How can she just change like that? Does she really hate you that much? It's not like you've done anything to her, have you? Surely you'd remember any previous encounter with the Scarlet Devil's maid. So, why...?
"Well?" She wants your answer. You don't have anywhere else to go. You don't have any money. If you went back, you'd need to hope someone is willing to take you in until you can set yourself up again. You have no choice. That's why you're here. So why does this mansion suddenly seem so cold?
"...I don't have that choice, Sakuya." She doesn't know your situation. Maybe if she does, she'll understand. Maybe even accept you. "I'm here because I'm out of options." She opens her mouth to speak, but you cut her off. "I lost my job thanks to your mistress' present. I can't support myself any longer. I don't have any money. I don't have any food. I'll be evicted soon. This is my only hope, Sakuya."
"...I know that." She hangs her head low, hair falling in front of her eyes. "My mistress desired for you to come here, and so that's why you're here. You're out of options because she desired you to be out of options."
If she knows that... "Then... Why? I can't do anything else." She doesn't answer. "Sakuya?"
"So... You won't leave? No matter what?"
"I can't." You repeat yourself. "I don't have any choice."
"...I see." Silence passes between you both. You don't know what to tell her. She wants you gone, for whatever reason. But you can't go. Even if she hates you, you can't go. Then, her arm releases your shoulder, and sound returns to the world.

The hum of that mechanical Cirno tells you that time has started again. There's no doubt in your mind anymore. The people of this mansion have powers beyond your comprehension. Every rumour you've heard is most likely true. Then... Is Remilia really a vampire, and not just some bat youkai? Then does she... eat people? Drink their blood? The thought sends shivers down your spine. And... What of that little sister? You haven't heard anything of her other than that she exists. Is that just a rumour, or...?
You're not entirely sure what to do now. You take out your pocket watch and confirm that there's indeed still a few hours left until dinner, when you're next expected to make an appearance. You decide to look through the notebook to see if there's anything else in there for you. Strangely, the first page now has an entry. It was definitely blank before. Then... Did Sakuya...?

"Please wait in your room until dinner. I have prepared a set of clothes for you, so please bathe and change before then. I will come get you when it's time. Do not bother helping with the cooking. I will do it myself."
-Sakuya

So it was her. Did she do that after she talked to you? Well, that gives you something to do for now. But isn't there something else you could do? You still haven't looked around some parts of the mansion. You could probably check out one more area and still have time to bathe, though not leisurely. The library's probably out, though. It's far too big.


[ ] Look around the mansion some more:
-[ ] Roof and clock tower
-[ ] Find Remilia and "apologise"
-[ ] (Other)
[ ] Just go back to your room and get in that bath early. You'll have time to look around more later.
>> No. 26004
Oh, and please do remember. Votes are good and all, but speculation and discussion are like writefag fuel unleaded. I'm interested in seeing what you guys can come up with.

On a personal note, I've had a lot of ideas I really love for this story over the last few days. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about writing something.
>> No. 26005
{X} Just go back to your room and get in that bath early. You'll have time to look around more later.

baths ;w;
>> No. 26006
{X} Just go back to your room and get in that bath early. You'll have time to look around more later.
>> No. 26011
>- [ ] Roof and clock tower
No idea what we could find up there and I'm afraid of who could find us up there. No way!

>- [ ] Find Remilia and "apologise"
Maybe we should avoid Remilia as long as we can, i.e. until we are supposed to meet her. She means trouble and is going to mean trouble until we find ourselves something we're good at.

>- [ ] (Other)
Nothing comes to mind. Maybe I'll change my vote if someone comes up with something nice. Also, I've forgotten the places we already visited since it's been so long.

[x] Just go back to your room and get in that bath early. You'll have time to look around more later.

At least we'll look like a clean fool next time.
>> No. 26021
[x] Just go back to your room and get in that bath early. You'll have time to look around more later.

Not much to speculate on at this point, except as to why Remilia expected you to be able to cook. With the way her Fate manipulation might work, she may know that she wants you as her servant, but she might not know why or in what capacity. The cooking could just be the first in a series of tasks she'll throw at you, hoping something will "stick". I see conflict arising from the progressive frustration at her inability to "use" you to her liking.
>> No. 26025
[X] Just go back to your room and get in that bath early. You'll have time to look around more later.
>> No. 26045
File 123373476634.jpg - (316.90KB, 1112x1600, e38450ef1bfa02fe1973562fcd1e64da.jpg) [iqdb]
26045
[X] Just go back to your room and get in that bath early. You'll have time to look around more later.


No, for now you should just do what you're told. After all that's happened today you want a chance to relax, too. So, you make your way out of the kitchen and back to your room, though you can't shake the feeling that you're forgetting something...

The first thing you do when you get to your room is check the dresser. There's more than one set of clothes... There's dozens. All sorts. Underwear, socks, shirts, pants, vests, jackets and ties. If you have any complaints, it's that they're all formal clothes. Well, if you're working here it makes sense that you'd need to be wearing a uniform. So... That door over there is the bathroom, right? You turn the handle and head through.
"...Eh?"
"...Eh?"
Clunk. Two unanimous sounds of surprise, followed by the door swinging shut behind you. The bathroom is big. Pearl tiles line the floor, walls, and outside of the tub. On top of those pearl tiles are clothes, laying messily across the floor from the other side of the room, where a door identical to the one you just came through is. First, shoes. Then, socks. Then, the apron, the bonnet, the black ribbon, the blue dress, the white shirt, a bra, a pair of panties, and lastly, her two green hair ribbons. All of these leading from that door, around the (opened) sliding glass doors, up the steps, towards the large round bath with a confused and naked Sakuya in it.
Against your expectations, time doesn't freeze. No frame goes missing. Rather, your eyes have the time to look over her figure while both your brains try to comprehend the situation. Her untied hair is dripping slightly, longer than usual. Her shoulders glisten from the light and water. Unfortunately, everything below that is obscured by the water, so you can't verify 'those' rumours. Hey eyes are wide open in shock, and her lower lip is quivering. But... you can see something else... Is she... sh-"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE!?"
Ah, there it is. The outburst that ends the silence. But you're still too dumbstruck to register what those words mean.
"DON'T JUST STAND THERE! OUT! OUT! GET OUT!" Her face flushes red as she yells at you. Not content with just yelling, she grabs a bar of soap from the side and throws it at you- "Kyah!"
...But slips and falls over with a loud splash, while the soap sails harmlessly past your head. Sakuya flails around in the tub until she grabs onto the side and pulls herself back up, now splashing water everywhere. She sits up and curls herself into a ball, chin on her knees, hair draped across her face. "My watch."
"Eh?"
"In my dress. Right pocket."
"Ah... Right." You don't know what to do, so you listen to her and reach into the dress, finding the watch without much trouble. It has all kinds of different faces on it. The large one in the middle is simply roman numerals, but there's dozens of tiny ones along the outside which you can't make out. There's only one button on the top, too. Sakuya extends her arm, and you place the watch in her outstretched hand. Then, everything disappears. The bath is empty, the water is cleaned up, the bottles are back in their normal spots, and the clothes are gone, along with Sakuya. So, she needs the watch to do that? And that door... It must lead to her room. Now you can see why she didn't want you staying next to her. Damn it, Remilia.
...Well, that entire situation was very awkward. But if she really hated you like she seems to, it's odd that you're still alive. ...You are alive, right? Yeah, definitely. Nothing about you has changed. May as well do what you came here for, then.

Ah, refreshing. That bath was big enough for you to lie down in, in every direction. There's all kinds of soaps and washes in there too, so you didn't know what to use. You ended up just using a lightly scented soap and washing your hair. The towels are also very comfortable. Well, it's time to get changed, anyway. You check the dresser and... That's odd. They're all gone. You're sure there were clothes here earlier, so where are they now? You shut the drawer and look around. There, on the wall. All the clothes are pinned to the wall with knives. Looking at the knives, they spell out the word "PERVERT". The V is made up entirely of underwear with the knives directly piercing the crotch area. The sight alone makes you cringe. ...Shit. Yeah, you definitely pissed her off.

Well, you eventually managed to get them all down, though they now have several holes in them. Thankfully, she left one set of clothes untouched under the bed, which you put on. At least she's not completely without mercy. The clothes fit rather nicely, too, along with being comfortable. Still, you don't know what you're going to do about these now. Or the huge pile of knives. Getting it all down took a while, too. If you're going to help with dinner, you'd need to go now. Actually, is Sakuya even going to come get you now...?

[ ] Go to the kitchen
-[ ] Apologise to Sakuya
-[ ] Don't mention it
[ ] Go to the dining room and wait
>> No. 26047
>There's all kinds of soaps and washes in there too, so you didn't know what to use. You ended up just using a lightly scented soap and washing your hair. The towels are also very comfortable.

Oh no. You've started developing a taste for the finer things; village soaps and village towels just won't cut the mustard anymore.

[x] Go to the dining room and wait

I wonder if Remilia would like to hear about her maid's artistic endeavors.
>> No. 26050
[X] Go to the dining room and wait
>> No. 26051
[x] Go to the dining room and wait
- (x) But still apologize to Sakuya next time you have a moment alone. Don't Shirou it up and be a stammering fag, though: Just apologize for intruding on her. Sincerity, not goofiness.
- (x) If you DON'T get a moment alone, leave a note for her in that notebook of yours that she left your assignments in so she sees it sooner or later.
>> No. 26052
[ ] Go to the dining room and wait
[ ] Apologize, as soon as you can
>> No. 26053
File 123374696374.png - (219.05KB, 475x591, 9cdd835935ea68e11dff26799ae9c661.png) [iqdb]
26053
[X] Go to the dining room and wait

...No, Sakuya definitely doesn't want to see you right now. You can apologise to her, but not now. Give her time to cool off first. She probably won't want to come get you, though. You'll just go wait in the dining room while she makes dinner. ...You couldn't help with that, anyway. You convince yourself of this as you head upstairs.

"My my, looking good, aren't we?"
Remilia, it appears, has beaten you here. The dining room is quite large, with one ridiculously long rectangular table in the middle, easily able to seat thirty or more people. There are various candelabras across the table, and a few chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The table isn't set up otherwise. There are five doors to the dining room: one on each side leading out to the corridor and two on each end of the side leading to the kitchen. Remilia's sitting at one end of the table in a chair several times her height. Like this, she really does look like a kid. You walk on over to her.
"I wonder, what would you do if I told you that you were my meal~?"
...And stop. You can't tell if she's joking. She's grinning, showing her fangs again, with her head tilted to the side. It's like she's trying to look down on you, despite being so short. And then, once again, she laughs. ...Damn it, Remilia. It's not funny.
"Ahahaha! You look so serious! Lighten up, really! Ahaha~"
And so you continue walking towards her.
"Well, I won't ask why you why you're not helping Sakuya cook. You've already shown your incompetence at that."
Those are bitter words, but she says them cheerfully. Does she not really mean to be malicious?
"You can at least set the table, can't you?" ...Of course you can. You nod in response. "Then get to it. Three sets, please."
What a spoiled brat. ...And your employer. You head back to the kitchen to get the... Oh, crap, Sakuya's in there. Shit. Well, there's nothing you can do about it. You just have to go in there and apologise to her. You swear you hear Remilia giggling to herself as you go through the door.

Thunk. And as soon as you get through the door, a knife flies past your head and straight into the wall. Looking over at her, Sakuya is calmly tending to some pots on the stove. Yet, that knife is clearly embedded in the wall. You take a step towards her. Thunk. Another knife flies in front of your face and into the wall. Great, she's trying to intimidate you. You won't let her.
"I'm just-" Thunk. "-here to-" Thunk. "-set up the table-" Thunk. Damn it, at least look at me! Knives fly past you whenever you move. You go to open the cupboard you remember the plates were in. THUNK. Three knives fly into the door and through it into the bench, sealing it shut. Oh, very mature, Sakuya. You open the adjacent cupboard and pull three plates out that way. You start to move to the cutlery drawer, but Sakuya's now standing right in front of it. And it's open. And she's holding the cutlery in her hands. She looks into your eyes, grins, and then says one simple word:
"Catch."
FUCK! You drop to the ground immediately and feel the wind from that knife brush the top of your head, followed by the thunk of it hitting the wall. Time to get the hell out of here. You start to get up before another knife flying over your head tells you that's not a good idea. Instead, you drop down and crawl between the nearest row of benches. Only for Sakuya's legs to suddenly appear in front of you.
"Where do you think you're going?"
Not this way. You turn around and run in the other direction, then back to the door, only for Sakuya to appear in front of you again. You run left into the next row to get around her, only to have your ears pierced by the roaring of the pots and pans hanging from hooks around your head having knives slammed into them. You run around the side and move for the door again. Then, you stop. Not by yourself. Sakuya is holding your shoulder. Just as well, too. There's now about thirty knives hovering in front of your face, all pointed at you. "If you ever use that bathroom again, I'll kill you. I swear I'll kill you. Understand?"
You gulp. "Y-Yeah. Sorry, Sakuya." Her hand starts to lift off your shoulder and you shut your eyes, waiting for the knives to start moving again. But they don't. You carefully open one eye, only to notice that all the knives are gone. The plates in your hand now have several different kinds of cutlery on them, arranged specifically, and with three of each. Sakuya is again tending to the pots from before.
"Ha..." You let out a breath of relief. "Thanks, Sakuya." You'd have no idea what kind of cutlery you'd need for that princess. As you leave the room, there's one more thud in the wall behind you.

"Ahahaha!"
Remilia is bursting with laughter when you come back into the dining room.
"She didn't hurt you too bad, did she?" She's grinning so much you can't help but feel a little amused, too. She must know what happened. Scheming little...
"No, not too badly. I deserved it, anyway." You go about setting the table as you talk, when something occurs to you. "Just three?"
Remilia nods. "That's right. Meiling and Patchouli have dinner in their own 'homes'."
So, just you, Remilia and Sakuya, huh? You set Remilia's plate, and yours and Sakuya's right beside her. "Is this fine?" She nods.
You sit down at the table, though you can't help but feel like you're forgetting something. However, no sooner than you're comfortable in your seat does the table suddenly become covered in food. Bowls of soup in front of you, slices of meat decorated with salad beneath it on a plate in the middle of it all, along with other foods scattered about. You note that curiously, there's a loaf of what appears to be garlic bread.
"Enjoy your meal." Sakuya, already seated across from you, says this softly.
...It's amazing. By herself, she's already cooked a meal that far outdoes your old restaurant's entire team. Remilia is already slurping her soup, which you note with some distaste is a dark red colour. Your own is the same, but you can instinctively tell that while you and Sakuya have bowls of tomato soup in front of you, Remilia has something different. Even so, your stomach reminds you with a growl that it's been a long time since you last ate.

[ ] Choose dinner topics (up to three)
>> No. 26066
[X] Be quiet
[X] Avoid eye contact
[X] Fold your hands on your lap and focus your gaze very deliberately on the tablecloth once you're done
>> No. 26073
[X] Be quiet
>We really have nothing to say that would put us in a better position.
[X] Avoid eye contact with both of Sakuya and Remilia
>Remi will tease us anyway, but ignoring Sakuya should spare us any abuse by her. Maybe Remi will let us off lightly, but that's highly doubtable.
[X] Fold your hands on your lap and focus your gaze very deliberately on the tablecloth once you're done.
>"Sakuya, do the thing with the knife!" Oh crap!

>"Just three?"
>Remilia nods. "That's right. Meiling and Patchouli have dinner in their own 'homes'."

Isn't it sad, Meiling?

If we're feeling funny, we could get a wheelbarrow, throw all of Sakuya's knives into it and leave it in front of her room. But I doubt she'll find it funny and we're not in the mood for cracking jokes.

ps: Very nice update. It was really fun to read!
>> No. 26077
>the feeling that you're forgetting something...

This has been bugging me for quite some time now. What the hell could it be that we keep forgetting?
>> No. 26083
[x] The food is great, better than the restaurant's even; you can see why the Mistress doesn't dine out much.
[x] The accommodations are quite comfortable; Sakuya even decorated your room for you.
[x] Is that... garlic bread?
>> No. 26101
>>26077

Ah, the first time and this one are different things. I should have made that clear somehow.

Also, the title was always intended to be obvious, so in case anyone doesn't get it, you're the flea, and Sakuya is the dog. There's some deeper meanings hidden in there but I don't really expect anyone to figure those out.
>> No. 26104
>>26101
>There's some deeper meanings hidden in there but I don't really expect anyone to figure those out.

The protagonist is a blood-sucking parasite? Sounds like somebody else.
>> No. 26108
>>26104

Point, proven, etc.
>> No. 26109
Anon is completely dependent on Sakuya for his continued survival, while she sees him as nothing more than an irritating itch. The only reason anon continues to survive is because she’s nice enough not to scratch. Also possibly meant to indicate how much more powerful and competent Sakuya is compared to anon. It’s made slightly more clever by the fact that Sakuya is often referred to as a dog in other works.

Wow, So deep, etc.
>> No. 26111
>"If you ever use that bathroom again, I'll kill you. I swear I'll kill you. Understand?"

You know, I got to thinking. Killing you would be far more detrimental to her than it would you. I mean, she just wrecked her mistresses new toy, after all the hard work she went through.
So man the fuck up, guys. Blackmail her. In a situation such as this, the next time she says "I'll kill you," I'd gladly reply "You won't do it, no balls, fucking pussy."
[X] Be quiet
[X] Avoid eye contact
[X] Fold your hands on your lap and focus your gaze very deliberately on the tablecloth once you're done
>> No. 26113
[X] Be quiet
[X] Avoid eye contact
[X] Fold your hands on your lap and focus your gaze very deliberately on the tablecloth once you're done
>> No. 26114
>>26111
It wouldn't be that hard to make it look like an accident, even if she used a knife. Just throw the body out the window and knock something over so it looks like you tripped. Any gaping wounds can be blamed on the breaking glass. Plus she'd have all the time in the world to set it up and make sure it looked perfect.

Besides, it’s not like killing is the only thing she could do to you. I’m sure she could come up with some very unpleasant things that you’d ultimately survive.
>> No. 26115
>>26114
And that's when you blackmail her.
Of course, assuming Remilia doesn't want you hurt. Which I doubt. Just not dead.
>> No. 26130
>>26114
>and make sure it looked perfect.

I'm pretty sure she could make it look elegant, too.

>some very unpleasant things that you’d ultimately deserve.
fixed

Seems like /sdm is out of its slump. The awesome stories are back on track!
>> No. 26142
I can't get this update to come out right. I'm gonna try extend it rather than cut it short, 'cause I don't want to start a new thread with such a short post. In any case, I'm beat for today. Probably won't be an update tomorrow, either.
>> No. 26213
>>26212
>> No. 26806
USODA!>>26142
>> No. 44664
Finally dead.
>> No. 44665
File 129568404679.jpg - (90.42KB, 537x579, Cirno wants advice on PADs.jpg) [iqdb]
44665
>>44664
>bumping an old thread
>bumping the first thread of a story that has more recent ones
>declaring the story dead
Not very bright, are you?
>> No. 44666
File 129568494211.jpg - (47.59KB, 180x180, 1281939400144.jpg) [iqdb]
44666
>>44665
THAT MAID CIRNO

Anyway, yeah. There's still not much I can do aside from continue to apologise and promise that it'll be coming soon.
>> No. 44668
>>44666

Hooray!
>> No. 44669
File 129571182362.png - (75.75KB, 1176x328, Use if Anon try to make me quit.png) [iqdb]
44669
>>44666
I wanted to keep this picture for when I'll ragequit this website, but...
>> No. 44670
>>44669
I hope you get out right now, we could do without your hipster faggotry.
>> No. 44676
And just for your information, story continue at
>>26212
>> No. 44679
>>44670
Don't be so tsun-tsun, Anon. I know you love me.
>> No. 45175
Other thread's on autosage so I guess I'll put this in here too.

Figure I should fill you guys in.

As hard as it may be to believe, I haven't abandoned you guys, or this story.
Having been unable to produce a new update for a very long time now, what I'm currently doing is going back and editing everything I've done so far. I'm going to bring everything up to my current standards, and edit some things for consistency, some to fix oversights, some so it flows better with our choice of story direction (Hayate becoming a vampire), and others just out of preference.

Once all that is done, I'm hoping I'll be able to continue on with the story. At that time I'll post up a new thread with a few links to the new version of the story, (Probably a Word doc and another version on Google docs. Open to other suggestions.) and the long-awaited update.

I can't give any real timeframe for this. Hopefully it will be some time within the next few months.

But, yes. Not dead yet, still intend to finish it, etc.
>> No. 45176
>>45175
That sounds fantastic. I'll welcome another excuse to read this story again. I have no qualms with whatever format you decide to put them in, so whatever you come up with is fine.

Waiting warmly.
>> No. 45190
I stand by my offer to assist you. Contact me whenever you want a proofer. I wish you luck.
>> No. 45500
>>45175
>>27972 here

Am I going to have to draw another Cirno maid? Because so help me, I will draw another Cirno maid.
>> No. 45501
>>45500
Let sleeping dogs lie. At this point, the return of this story is becoming a myth told of in legends.
>> No. 45502
Please draw another Cirno maid


[Switch to Mobile Page]
Thread Watcher x