[Return]
Archived thread

File 122190444870.jpg - (35.51KB , 500x375 , SDM.jpg ) [iqdb]
20214 No. 20214
Testing Server Connection.

Connection Resolved.

Dynamic Response System is online.

Hello Anon.

>> No. 20215
Server is now accepting user input.

Would Anon like to:
1. Generate a random scenario.
2. Upload an existing scenario.
>> No. 20216
1. Generate a randum XD scenario.
>> No. 20217
File 122190643689.jpg - (212.09KB , 1000x848 , Patchy_Voile Library.jpg ) [iqdb]
20217
>>20216
Running last user command:
1. Generate a random scenario

All around him, Anon sees thousands upon thousands of books. He recognizes the place as the Voile library in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Not one of the best places to visit unannounced.

Anon blinks as he stares at a purple haired girl in a pink nightgown. Aside from her irritated expression, nothing really stands out about her except that she is floating several feet over the air. She seems to be searching for something amongst the shelves.

Anon notices that she hasn't spotted him yet. On the left, the door leading the hallway seems to be half-open. On the right, there are dozens of shelves that seem abandoned.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20218
Offer to help the lady.
>> No. 20220
File 12219119136.jpg - (59.64KB , 545x555 , patchy_1.jpg ) [iqdb]
20220
>>20218
Anon decides to help the young lady in her search. After all, she does seem quite troubled. Slowly, he walks up to here and clears his throat.

"Hmmm?"

The purple-haired girl quickly turns to face Anon. She takes a moment to appraise the unexpected visitor, then turns back to the bookshelf.

"Is there some way I can help?", Anon asks. This time, she pauses for a moment before taking an unusually marked book from the shelf. She quickly browses the book, and stops at a page toward the end of the book. After a few minutes, she faces Anon.

"Perhaps you can. I am looking for a certain tome in this library. I'm sure that useless familiar of mine misplaced it somewhere. She really is only good for a cup of tea, after all," she says. She points to the far end of the library.

"Check that side," she says, before flying at an alarming speed towards the opposite direction.

As Anon takes a moment to ponder the conversation, he realizes that she hasn't told him the title of the book she was looking for. He turns to ask her, but the purple-haired girl is nowhere in sight.

Looking to the direction the girl gave, Anon sees an almost endless row of shelves. However, the direction the girl went seems to contain an equally large number of shelves. Anon sighs, as he realizes the vastness of the Voile library. The exit to the hallway is still in sight from where Anon is standing.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20222
>>20220
[X]ASK THE TITLE OF THE BOOK!

I don't think it would be a good idea to leave Patchy alone, after we offered our help...
>> No. 20223
File 122191457668.jpg - (123.88KB , 850x667 , koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
20223
>>20222
Anon decides that it would be fruitless to search for something that he didn't know enough about. He takes a moment to consider leaving the library, but after a few moments, he decides to make good on his offer to help the girl.

He immediately begins jogging down the direction the purple-haired girl flew. As he checks each row of shelves, he starts to run faster. "Maybe I can still catch up," he tells himself as he searches the library.

Soon, he realizes that the Voile library is simply too large. He has no hope of finding the girl again, and even the hope of finding a way back was fading away. After almost an hour of searching, he gave up and decided to take a break.

He took a few books from the shelves and used them as a head rest. Perhaps he could remember the way out after a short nap. In a few moments, Anon fell asleep from exhaustion.

While he was enjoying a vivid dream that involved the purple-haired girl and a blonde witch girl performing all sorts of indecent acts, Anon felt something tugging at him.

"Please don't misuse the books!"

Anon woke with a start at the shrill cry of this... girl? He sat up and stared for a few moments.

She had a set of strange bat-like wings that seemed to be connected to her back. A smaller pair of similarly shaped wings protruded from the sides of her head, like hair ornaments. Her hair and eyes were of a reddish-brown hue.

As Anon continued to stare blankly at the newcomer, the girl began to blush and quickly turned her head down.

"It's rude to stare like that, you know...", the girl muttered.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20224
>>20223

[x] "Err, sorry." Scratch your head sheepishly.
>> No. 20225
File 122191604666.png - (275.99KB , 676x787 , koakuma2.png ) [iqdb]
20225
>>20224
"Err, sorry. I just felt like taking a break, since I spent over an hour searching", Anon says as he scratches his head sheepishly. "I didn't mean to disturb anyone," he adds.

"I don't mind guests resting, but please don't use the books as cushions. Mistress Patchouli would be horrified if she saw how you were treating them."

She proceeds to pick up and replace the books on their shelves. Still half-sitting on the ground, Anon watches the girl at her work. He notices that the girl was quite cute, despite the batwings, and her clumsy movements are enjoyable to watch.

It is only after she replaces the last book (almost dropping it, of course), that she realizes Anon watching her from his seat on the library floor. She blushed again and turned her head away, as if unsure of how to react.

After an awkward silence, Anon decides to speak first. After all, she can probably lead him to the purple-haired girl, or perhaps the exit. Perhaps he can try to get closer to this bat-winged girl, as well.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20229
[x] Try to remember why you came here in the first place.
[x] Tell the girl that her boss was searching for a book and couldn't find where she put it.
>> No. 20230
>>20229
This, plus ask her her name.
>> No. 20234
>>20229
As Anon gets up, he starts thinking about how he arrived. Did he have some purpose at all, coming to a place as dangerous as the Scarlet Devil Mansion?

Blank. He just can't remember. But why does he know that this mansion is dangerous? He decides to walk around and perhaps refresh his memory.

Anon looked up and saw the batwinged-girl about to leave. "Wait," he calls out. The girl looks patiently back at Anon.
>> No. 20237
>>20234
"I think your mistress is looking for a book. She mentioned that she is searching the library for it."

The girl sighs deeply.

"I have been looking for that book for hours. It's really my fault after all. Mistress Patchouli's cataloguing system is flawless. I'm just no good at being a librarian, since I often mix the different shelves up." She begins to fidget uncomfortably as she continues to mutter to herself.

Though pitiful, Anon can't deny that this side of her is quite cute.
>> No. 20238
>>20237
Suddenly, the girl began to sob. At first, Anon only continues to stare, as he is mesmerized by a fresh kind of cuteness the girl was giving off. But soon, he decides that he can't call himself a man if he can't at least try to cheer the girl up a bit.

Anon tries to call out to her, but realizes that he doesn't know her name.

"So Miss, may I know your name?"

The girl looks up at Anon as she wipes her last tears away.

And without warning, she smiles.

"You may call me Koakuma."

Her smile is dazzling. It took all of Anon's self-control to stop himself from holding her close to his chest.

Perhaps this strange circumstance isn't as bad as it seems to be.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20239
File 122192277483.jpg - (154.54KB , 1018x1041 , koakuma3.jpg ) [iqdb]
20239
Server is preparing to undergo maintenance.

Please be advised that the server may stop responding to user input.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--- Last Output ---

Suddenly, the girl began to sob. At first, Anon only continues to stare, as he is mesmerized by a fresh kind of cuteness the girl was giving off. But soon, he decides that he can't call himself a man if he can't at least try to cheer the girl up a bit.

Anon tries to call out to her, but realizes that he doesn't know her name.

"So Miss, may I know your name?"

The girl looks up at Anon as she wipes her last tears away.

And without warning, she smiles.

"You may call me Koakuma."

Her smile is dazzling. It took all of Anon's self-control to stop himself from holding her close to his chest.

Perhaps this strange circumstance isn't as bad as it seems to be.
>> No. 20240
[x] "Koakuma, then." Put your hands on her shoulders and look her in the eyes. "Don't be too hard on yourself. Stress and fatigue will only make your work sloppy. Sometimes not doing anything at all will actually be more productive than doing something. Here for example, if you were simply sleeping on the job, the book wouldn't have gotten lost and Miss Patchouli would not have to had to waste all this time. So, take it easy~"

familiar encouragan gaems
>> No. 20245
I like this, it's like early WUIG with better writing.
>> No. 20249
>>20245

Snake did it this way in the beginning: Rapid-fire, often first write-in takes all. It worked out pretty well; better than in WUiG, but I think that's simply the result of being on a slower board. Definitely a change from the current standard practice, which is to give some throw-away options, expect a good write-in, wait a few hours (or a few days) for a quorum, and then build walls.
>> No. 20253
>>20220
>She really is only good for a cup of tea, after all," she says.

Oh no, you didn't! ;_;
>> No. 20254
File 122195467942.jpg - (293.50KB , 669x999 , 1220493859181.jpg ) [iqdb]
20254
>>20253

And panties wearan' games.

UPDATES WHERE.
>> No. 20266
>>20253
Can't unremember Happiness doujin FFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 20268
>>20239
Testing Server Connection.

Connection Resolved.

Dynamic Response System is online.

Hello Anon.
>> No. 20269
File 12219821538.jpg - (154.17KB , 1018x1041 , koakuma_dryingeyes.jpg ) [iqdb]
20269
>>20268
Server is now accepting user input.

Reloading current scenario.

Updating last output

---

Suddenly, the bat-winged girl began to sob. Anon continues to stare, as he is mesmerized by this fresh kind of cuteness the girl was giving off. But soon, he decides that he can't call himself a man if he won't try to cheer the girl up.

Anon tries to call out to her, but he realizes that she hasn't given her name.

"So Miss, may I know your name?"

The girl looks up at Anon as she wipes her last tears away. The two continue to stare at each other for a few minutes. And without warning, she gives Anon a dazzling smile.

"You may call me Koakuma."

Anon burns red as he contains himself from holding her close to his chest. His heartbeat rings loudly as he tries to pull himself together. He quickly turns away as he ponders what to say or do next.

Perhaps this strange circumstance isn't as bad as it seems to be.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20270
[X] Enjoy the magic of the moment.
>> No. 20273
>>20269
>What does Anon do next?

He reposts an earlier response.

[x] "Koakuma, then." Put your hands on her shoulders and look her in the eyes. "Don't be too hard on yourself. Stress and fatigue will only make your work sloppy. Sometimes not doing anything at all will actually be more productive than doing something. Here for example, if you were simply sleeping on the job, the book wouldn't have gotten lost and Miss Patchouli would not have to had to waste all this time. So, take it easy~"

Maybe we could help her relax.
>> No. 20274
File 122199102812.jpg - (166.19KB , 600x600 , koakuma_smile.jpg ) [iqdb]
20274
>>20270
Anon decides to make the most of the situation and enjoy the magic of the moment. After all, how often does he have a chance to spend time with a girl as shy and cute as her? For a moment, he feels that he can almost recall something his past.

It was lonely.

"Why don't I help you look for that book?", he offers.

Koakuma blushes and shakes her head.

"It would be inappropriate for myself to request the assistance of a guest."

Anon pushes on. "I don't see anything wrong with the librarian showing a guest around the library."

Koakuma cocked her head with a puzzled expression.

"How did you know I was the librarian?"

Anon considers her question for a moment. How did he know? For some reason, he is also sure that the purple-haired girl he met earlier is "Mistress Patchouli", who Koakuma mentioned. He shakes her head and smiles at the bat-winged girl.

"Don't mind it. In any case, I would enjoy helping out. Consider this a request from a guest. What was the title of the book?"

Koakuma opens her mouth for a moment, before closing it and looking down. She is visibly blushing.

"Theoretical Boundary Binding and Intervention."

Anon carefully considers the word "boundary". For some reason, the term feels extremely important.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20276
[x] Ask whom the author is and if she remembers the color.
>> No. 20278
File 122199573266.jpg - (208.54KB , 1024x768 , patchy_koakuma.jpg ) [iqdb]
20278
>>20276
"So, do you remember the color and author of the book?", Anon asks.

Koakuma frowns.

"It was a new addition to the library just this week. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about, besides the name."

Anon sighs. He has an excuse to walk around with her, at least. The two begin to search the library for the book. From the main path, Anon checks the shelves to the left, while Koakuma checks those on the right. Following Koakuma's instructions, they meet back at the main path after every three rows, to make sure Anon doesn't lose his way.

Two hours pass.

While Anon is mentally exhausted, he still manages a smile when he meets Koakuma again on the path.

"Are you alright?"

Koakuma looks concerned as she asks. Before Anon could answer, the two spot something moving on the main path. The figure quickly flies toward them.

"Ah Koakuma, kindly prepare me a cup of tea. I found the book."

Patchouli hovers a few feet above the floor holding a thick book. Anon notices the title is in English, unlike most of the books in the library.

"Right away, mistress. I'll prepare tea for you and our guest immediately."

As Koakuma flies off to prepare tea, Patchouli looks down at Anon, seeing him for the first time.

"A guest, I see. Well, a cup of tea and a book is always relaxing," she says as she begins to fly off towards another side of the library. This time she flies slowly, allowing Anon to follow at a walking pace.

They arrive at a tea table complete with a few chairs. Around the table are dozens of book stacks. Most of the books are written in unfamiliar languages, but a few are in English.

Patchouli is already sitting down with her faced buried in the book. Koakuma arrives and serves the tea along with a few sweet biscuits. Afterward, she bows and stands by her Mistress' side.

The three spend the next few minutes in silence, with the occasional sip of tea or flip of a page. Anon concentrates on his tea as he ponders what to say and do next.

He turns to Patchouli and catches her eye. She stops turning the page of her book, and blushes slightly. Koakuma observes the whole scene and smiles.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20279
[†] Um.. Mistress Patchouli. Have you any idea why am I here? I know this place somehow but i dont know why. And why am I feel like to scream "GODDAMNIT YUKARI!"
>> No. 20280
File 122199917340.jpg - (40.95KB , 256x256 , patchy_riddle.jpg ) [iqdb]
20280
>>20279
Anon decides to take a gamble and ask help from Patchouli. After all, she is one of the slightly less dangerous inhabitants of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. This time, he simply shrugged off his seemingly innate knowledge of the place. To find out what was going on, he would need help.

"Excuse me, Miss Patchouli. Do you have any idea why I arrived here? I can't seem to remember much, aside from an odd familiarity with the mansion. I also have a strange urge to scream curses at someone named Yukari."

Patchouli stays silent and looks straight into Anon's eyes, as if to ascertain some hidden agenda. After a few moments, she sighs and turns back to her book.

"Seems like you have been gapped in here. Yukari is the only one in Gensokyo to do such thoughtless things. It is quite strange, though. I always sense her presence when she gaps someone near the mansion."

Patchouli continues to stare at her book, but clearly she is in deep thought. Anon quickly decides to continue asking questions while she is in a talkative mood. "So, where should I go next?", he asks.

"That would depend on where you want to go," she says. In a few moments, it is clear she would say no more.

"It doesn't really matter where, as long as I get somewhere, I suppose," Anon continues.

"Then it wouldn't matter which way you take, then," she said simply.

Patchouli is still in deep thought. Beside Patchouli, Koakuma was silently listening to the conversation.

To his right, he could see the door exiting the library. He could probably leave if he wanted to. But he has a nagging feeling that he has seen this before.

Anon thinks carefully about what to say next.
>> No. 20281
Server is preparing to undergo maintenance.

Please be advised that the server may stop responding to user input.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
>> No. 20305
File 122206840198.jpg - (33.14KB , 657x466 , Patchy_riddle.jpg ) [iqdb]
20305
Testing Server Connection.

Connection Resolved.

Server Upgrade has been successful!

Dynamic Response System is online.

Optimum Input Mode is now on.

Server will select the user input that provides the best possible outcome for the current scenario.

Server will be open to input for 24 hours before responding.

Hello Anon.

Reloading current scenario.

---

Patchouli continues to stare at her book, but clearly she is in deep thought. Anon continues asking questions, as she is in a talkative mood.

"So, where should I go next?"

"That would depend on where you want to go," she replies.

"It doesn't really matter where, as long as I get somewhere, I suppose..."

"Then it wouldn't matter which way you take, then," she says simply.

Patchouli returns to her book, still in deep thought. Beside her, Koakuma is silently listening to the conversation.

To his right, Anon sees the door exiting the library. He may probably leave if he wants to. But he has a nagging feeling that he has heard this conversation before.

Anon thinks carefully about what to say next.
>> No. 20307
[ ] Pick a book and read with Patchouli

Librarian attractan gaems.
>> No. 20308
>>20305
i've been wanting to vote
[ ] I want to go right between your legs
but i seems like first vote wins and i don't wana fuck up lol
>> No. 20309
Also, why are you only going with the first vote, anon? You know that'll just lead to our ADD taking over.
>> No. 20310
>>20309
Server is still in beta testing. Expect emergency patches without prior notice.
>> No. 20311
>>20305
[] End the conversation and leave.
>> No. 20312
File 12220791756.jpg - (27.36KB , 170x137 , MUKYU.jpg ) [iqdb]
20312
>>20308
>> No. 20313
{X} Pick a book and read with Patchouli

Boo~k
>> No. 20360
Testing Server Connection.

Connection Resolved.

Loading User Command.
>> No. 20364
[ ] Pick a book and read with Patchouli

it seems you need more input
>> No. 20365
File 122215528555.jpg - (375.61KB , 756x1069 , marisa.jpg ) [iqdb]
20365
Finding that he has nothing else to say, Anon turns to look at the nearby shelves. Most of the books seem to be written in foreign languages, but he spies a few English titles. He takes one of them and turns back to Patchouli. She still has her attention focused on her book.

The place is a library, so why not read something? Anon turns back to the book he took from the shelf - "75 Exciting Vegetables For Your Garden by Jack Staub". Too lazy to pick out another book, he decides that this will do as well as any other book.

"Zzzz..."

After some gentle nudging, Anon wakes up. Koakuma continues to nudge him, and mutters a few words he can't understand. Anon rubs his eyes and looks around. Patchouli is nowhere in sight.

"You must have been really tired, but I don't think Mistress Patchouli minded, so don't worry. She asked me to give this to you before she left."

Koakuma hands Anon a smoky green orb a few inches in diameter. Anon looks curiously at the orb, then gives Koakuma a puzzled expression.

"She left instructions with it," Koakuma says as she hands Anon a note torn from a small notebook.

"To use, aim and throw hard."

Anon reads the note a few more times before putting it in his pocket. He decides to hold on to the orb a bit, just in case.

Suddenly a loud crash resounds throughout the room. The sounds seems to have come from the other side of the library. Koakuma gasps, then flies quickly towards the source of the noise. Anon is left sitting alone. He takes a sip from his tea. Its already cold.

"Thump!"

Anon turns toward his right, and to his despair, he sees a blond-haired girl wearing a black and white witch outfit complete with broom and sack. "Sack?", he mouths, as the girl stuff books into the sack. While the girl looks ordinary, Anon has a feeling that this person is at least as dangerous as Patchouli, maybe even more so.

Anon considers his options. He looks toward the exit; he can probably sneak out of the library without the girl noticing. He looks down at the orb; "Aim and throw hard," he remembered. He looks back at the girl; she seems too busy stuffing books into her sack to notice him.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20366
>>20365
Message from Server Admin:
I have some shit to do, so I'll just pick out the most interesting response and continue tomorrow. Enjoy, everyone!
>> No. 20369
Let us hide, we observe it what she does. Strong magician, but I would not believe she is a strong woman too. We would gain some respect sure if we would be able to catch her somehow.
>> No. 20371
>He looks down at the orb; "Aim and throw hard," he remembered. He looks back at the girl; she seems too busy stuffing books into her sack to notice him.

Well, this looks like standard arithmetic here.

[x] Aim at the girl and throw hard.
[x] Apologize and tell her that Patchouli told you to do it, handing her the note.
>> No. 20387
>>20366
...I prefer the system-generated messages.
>> No. 20388
[x] Aim at the girl and throw hard.

The hell with your thievery, Black-White.
>> No. 20389
[x] Aim at the girl and throw hard.
>> No. 20393
[x] Two words : Surprise Suppository.
>> No. 20404
File 122224518278.jpg - (624.41KB , 800x1147 , marisa_at_the_beach.jpg ) [iqdb]
20404
>>20393
Loading User Command:
[x] Two words : Surprise Suppository.

---

Anon slowly sneaks closer to the witch girl. Soon, only a single shelf lies between them. The girl is still too busy filling her sack with books.

Anon finds his chance, and takes it. He rushes from behind the shelf and twists the girl's left wrist behind her back. He uses his right hand to cover up her mouth, then pushes the girl down on the ground.

The girl struggles, but this only causes Anon to get even more excited. For a moment, he considers letting her go, but after seeing her muffled moans and her angry expression, he makes the most important decision of his life.

He puts his whole weight on the girl and whispers gently to the her ears, "Just think of rape as surprise sex..."

The girl's eyes widen in horror as she hears this. With Anon's right hand over her mouth, she can't call out for help. With his left hand over her left wrist, she can't put up a struggle. She seems to have the strength of an ordinary girl.

Anon looks over his progress with a smile. It doesn't look like the girl can escape until he is finished playing with her. But in the back of his mind, a voice whispers, "You are forgetting something."

"Her right hand."

Anon turns his head to find the girl's right hand. He saw that it is already holding a small octagonal wooden block. The girl mutters something he can't understand, and she seems to be pointing the block toward his face. For a moment, Anon is puzzled. Then, he remembers something from the Outside.

"Marisa's lesson of how to SPARK"

Anon's vision is suddenly blinded by a bright flash of light. For a moment, he feels excruciating pain all over his body, especially between his legs. Then, everything goes black.

BAD END

---

Epilogue

After bringing home her latest batch of "borrowed" books, the witch girl looked outside at the bright sun and blue sky.

"It looks like a good time to go to the beach ~ze."
>> No. 20406
[x] Rollback 1 command
[x] Aim at the girl and throw hard.
>> No. 20407
File 122224694999.jpg - (210.88KB , 500x500 , patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
20407
>>20365
Loading User Command:
[x] Aim at the girl and throw hard.

---

"The hell with your thievery, Black-White," Anon mutters as he starts to sneak closer. He hopes that the orb can do something to help stop the witch girl. After all, with instructions like, "Aim and throw hard," it must be a weapon.

Anon gets within a few yards of the witch girl. She still doesn't notice. He takes his time to aim, then throws the orb hard.

For a moment, Anon sees a strange green mist engulf the witch girl. Suddenly, his eyes are blinded by a green-white flash of light. It takes a few moments for his eyes to recover.

When he looked again, the witch girl and her sack vanished. He blinked. The girl and her stolen goods are gone. He turns toward the shelves and sees they are missing quite a lot of books. He sighs and scratches his head.

"Impressive. I didn't expect you to use it like that."

Anon turns toward the direction of the voice and finds Patchouli floating nearby, book in hand. She gestures Anon to follow her and starts to hover back toward the tea table.

"I'd like to take a seat before we talk more. Don't worry about the books, I'll let Koakuma handle it later."

The two head back to their seats at the tea table. Patchouli starts concentrating on her book once more. Anon takes the opportunity to finish off his tea and biscuit. Two minutes of silence pass before he realizes that she may be waiting for him to say something.

"So, what happened to that witch girl?," he asks.

Patchouli doesn't lower her book, but turns her head up slightly to look at Anon.

"She was teleported to the Human Village."

For a moment, Anon wonders if she was smiling as she said that.

Patchouli goes back to her reading, but she seems to be in a good mood for conversation. Koakuma is nowhere to be seen. The exit of the library is still within sight. However, Anon notices that the sun is starting to set from a nearby window.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20408
[ ] Make conversation with Patchy.
>> No. 20411
[†] This is a test or something for me? Um Lady Patchouli the sun is abaut to set. Can I request some food and a place to sleep?

--------

I really enjoy our time with Patcholui. Patchy Route! xD
>> No. 20413
>>20411
First Choice Wins is going to be difficult with you around
>> No. 20416
[x] You may as well make dinner; take Koakuma with you to find an appropriate cookbook and then ask her to guide you to the kitchen.
>> No. 20423
File 122229412485.png - (119.69KB , 400x400 , 4202ecdc0443902da09f4e052a3579d9.png ) [iqdb]
20423
[x] Ask Patchouli to cover herself in flan from neck to toe.
>> No. 20444
[x] Exit the library and look for the basement.
>> No. 20445
>>20413
Doesn't seem to be first choice anymore. Still not sure of OP's criteria, though.
>> No. 20448
F5F5F5F5F5
>> No. 20474
File 122239571782.png - (365.19KB , 800x800 , 46c738776d7886a9ca6f2ff8cbb4624f.png ) [iqdb]
20474
>>20448

WHERE MY KOAPATCHY UPDATES
>> No. 20485
File 12224103369.jpg - (41.23KB , 435x550 , patchouli_serious.jpg ) [iqdb]
20485
>>20407
Loading User Commands

---

Anon looks uneasily at the sunset. For some reason, he feels nervous at the thought of leaving the mansion at night.

"If you leave the mansion tonight, you will most likely be ripped apart by Youkai," Patchouli says. Anon turns to see her expression covered by the book.

"Yeah, I know. I was thinking of finding a way to the Human Village, but walking seems out of the question."

Anon realizes why she gave the orb earlier. But before he can ask, Patchouli speaks again.

"That was my last orb set for the Human Village. I have others, but they are set for more dangerous places. I will need some time to create another one."

Anon looks carefully at Patchouli. She hasn't turned a page for quite some time. She seems to be intentionally hiding her expression behind the book.

"So what should I do, then?", Anon asks. Patchouli pauses for almost a full minute before replying.

"Koakuma, come out here," she said toward a nearby shelf.

Anon turned to see Koakuma walk from behind a shelf. She is visibly blushing.

"I didn't want to interrupt you two," she muttered.

Anon looks back to Patchouli and sees that she has put down her book. She has a serious expression. Her eyes are unreadable. But unless Anon's eyes are playing tricks on him, her cheeks seem to have a light tinge of pink.

"Koakuma will lead you to one of the guest bedrooms. You are not to come in contact with the other inhabitants of the Mansion. Your ability is quite unique, but it won't be enough to protect you if you are seriously attacked."

Anon stares blankly back, trying to make sense of what she just said.
>> No. 20486
File 122241038578.jpg - (86.04KB , 588x776 , koakuma_leading.jpg ) [iqdb]
20486
>>20485
Anon feels a familiar tug on his shirt. He turns and sees Koakuma smiling.

"Let's go," she says as he leads Anon toward the exit of the library. She leads Anon out into the hallway, takes a few steps left, then stops. She turns back to Anon and giggles.

"Mistress seems to be in a very good mood. You two get along very well."

Anon feels himself blush. He can't tell if it was caused by what Koakuma said, or by her dazzling smile. "Both girls are quite lovely, after all," he says to himself.

Koakuma continues leading Anon down the hallway. They continue at the same pace, passing several closed doors, until Anon notices Koakuma walking faster. Anon looks to his right and spots an unlit staircase that seems to spiral down into the basement. "There's something about the basement," he says to himself before catching up to Koakuma.

They pass a few more closed doors before going up some stairs to the second floor. They turn right, then walk past a few more doors before stopping. Koakuma opens a door and leads Anon inside.

"Just stay here and rest for a bit. I'll get you something to eat after the Mistress of the Mansion has had her dinner," Koakuma says. She bows and turns to leave. She pauses before closing the door.

"I have the key, so lock the room and don't answer anyone who knocks," she says. Anon turns to Koakuma, puzzled, but she simply locks and closes the door.

Alone, Anon takes a better look at the room.

The room has few furnishings - a decent-looking bed, a chair, and a small table with a lamp on it. The table has a closed, unlocked drawer. There are a few wall cabinet on the left. There is a window facing toward the lake on the right.

Anon considers resting, but he already took a couple of naps in the library. He thinks about exploring the Mansion and its many rooms, or perhaps the strange staircase that lead down to the basement. Then, he remembers the instructions Patchouli and Koakuma left.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20488
[†] Do NOT leave the room! Try to sleep... Forgot the dinner...
>> No. 20489
[ ] Relieve some tension
>> No. 20490
[X] Wait for someone to knock.
[X] If someone's rapping at our door, hide in the closet!
>> No. 20491
>>20486
>koakuma_leading.jpg
This is the first time I've seen that artist not drawing MarixAlice.

>>20490
Watch out for skeletons. This is the Scarlet Devil Mansion, after all.
>> No. 20492
[] Think about Patchouli
[] Sleep
>> No. 20493
[x] Sleep
[x] Think about that power Patchy was talking about.
>> No. 20498
[x] Search through the drawers and cabinets.
[x] Open the window and peer outside; could you escape along the ledges if you had to?
[x] Think about that power Patchy was talking about.

Not much to do until dinner.
>> No. 20504
[x] Search through the drawers and cabinets.
[x] Open the window and peer outside; could you escape along the ledges if you had to?
[x] Think about that power Patchy was talking about.


>>20485
>"If you leave the mansion tonight, you will most likely be ripped apart by Youkai
I see what you did there.

>>20486
>Mistress of the Mansion
Oho, why not Nocturnal Illusion ourselves?
>> No. 20512
File 122248726299.jpg - (62.41KB , 450x338 , drawer.jpg ) [iqdb]
20512
>>20486
Anon considers the bed for a moment, then shakes his head. This isn't the time to take it easy.

He walks toward the window and opens the latch to peer outside. The room seems to be on the second floor of the mansion. Looking down, he sees a large, well-kept

garden and a few small structures nearby. They seem to be storehouses or maintenance sheds. Further, he sees a tall wall that extends all around the mansion. He

can't see any gate, so the entrance must be on the other side.

He looks left, then right, examining the contour of the mansion. There seem to be a few places he can probably step on, but he doubts he can climb down from here.

Looking down, there isn't anything that can cushion his landing. He can probably try to use the ledges to reach the other room windows on the second floor. He

makes a mental note of this, just in case.

He looks toward the lake. It is painted blood red with the light of the setting sun. Anon quickly turns away, hoping that it isn't an omen.

He turns toward the table and sees that the lamp isn't lit by electricity, as there are no outlets. He examines it, and finds a strange glowing orb inside it. He shrugs

- Gensokyo is that sort of place after all.

"Wait, how do I know that?", he says to himself.

Anon sits on the bed and takes a few minutes to concentrate, trying to remember as much as he can. He knows he is from Outside. He has no recollection of having

any unusual abilities, despite what Patchouli thinks. He seems to be familiar with Gensokyo and the Scarlet Devil mansion, somehow. Deja vu?

He shakes his head. He can't remember anything else right now.

He looks up and spies the wall cabinets. He isn't really sure of what he is looking for, but he decides to open and examine the contents of each. He sighs as he finds

that the cabinets are completely empty, save a few hangers and two clean towels. He notes that they are large enough to fit one, maybe two persons. Having no need

for the towels, he turns his attention to the table beside the bed.

It seems to have a drawer.
>> No. 20513
File 122248730330.jpg - (42.51KB , 800x571 , blood_red_sky.jpg ) [iqdb]
20513
>>20512
Anon heads closer to the table and opens the drawer, expecting it to be as empty as any unused guest room should be.

It isn't.

He finds a small black notebook, a small ballpoint pen, a digital watch, and several sheets of stationary paper. He immediately notices that the first three items have

come from the Outside, while the rest of the stationary may have been procured anywhere. He takes the watch and examines it. It is still in good condition, so he

puts it on.

[6:30 pm]

He takes the notebook. The first few pages seem to contain hastily written college notes and formulas, but no clue to its owner. For some reason, the idea of college

feels boring, so he closes the notebook. He takes the pen and tests it on a few sheets of stationary; he finds that it still has ink. He pockets both items.

He takes the sheets of stationary and examines them. His attention is suddenly focused on the untidy writing on the sheets. What he notices first is not that it is written in English, but what the first time line reads.

"THIS PLACE IS CURSED"
>> No. 20516
File 122248889683.jpg - (48.43KB , 768x512 , night_sky.jpg ) [iqdb]
20516
>>20513
Anon feels a shiver as he continues to read the letter.

"THIS PLACE IS CURSED

I am writing this in the hope that someone would uncover the truth. I don't have much time left.
If you are reading this, I may have been killed. Who or what would do so, I am still unsure.

The inhabitants of this place may seem strange to Outsiders - they certainly have strange appearances,
abilities, and seem to be non-human. But they allowed me to stay during the night. Gensokyo is
lethal during the night.

If you can leave, get out. Don't stop at the nearby Human Village. Go on, as far as you can.
Hope has no place in this Mansion, or anywhere near it.

I must stay and do what I can. Hopefully, I can delay the inevitable nightmare, at the very least.
She saved my life. I must try to return the favor.

I have left some notes in this drawer as well. I hope they may be useful.

I will write again if I have the chance."

Anon examines the other sheets, but finds the rest blank. He sighs.

Before he could examine the notebook again, he hears a set of footsteps from the hallway. He quickly
folds and pockets a few pieces of blank stationary before replacing the rest inside the drawer. He
keeps himself silent until the sound of the steps fade away. He waits for two more minutes to be sure.

He walks toward the door and examines it. The handle isn't locked. There doesn't seem to be anyone
in the hallway now.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20519
>>20512
Server stop! Notepad-written responses stop!
>> No. 20521
>The handle isn't locked.

Koakuma locked it. Did Sakuya just stop in?

Also, that guy didn't seem to know much about anything. Maybe he was trying to "save" Sakuya, like Belnonymous in the second playthrough?
>> No. 20522
>He walks toward the door and examines it. The handle isn't locked.

Thought Koakuma locked the door?

[x] Write something and then compare it to the handwriting in the notebook.
[x] Go through the notes; maybe something in them will jog your memory.

You have amnesia--could be your own.
>> No. 20523
File 122250056018.jpg - (389.00KB , 1000x882 , bf3020fcc8f7d88d381a9ca2a128f6aa.jpg ) [iqdb]
20523
[x] Write something and then compare it to the handwriting in the notebook.
[x] Go through the notes; maybe something in them will jog your memory.

Pad Maid is always the secondary antagonist/the dragon, huh?
>> No. 20525
[x] Write something and then compare it to the handwriting in the notebook.
[x] Go through the notes; maybe something in them will jog your memory.

Notepad sucks. Use Wordpad or this:
http://www.textpad.com/download/
>> No. 20562
File 122259291587.jpg - (66.28KB , 800x712 , koakuma_troubled.jpg ) [iqdb]
20562
>>20516
Anon gets a strange idea and decides to try it. He returns to the desk and takes a blank sheet. He writes a few random words, then compares his handwriting with that on the notebook and the letter. While the writing
on the notebook and the letter are similar, his own writing is clearly different. He sighs, then looks back at the notebook.

Before he can examine it, he hears the door to the room opening. He quickly pockets the notebook, letter, and pen before turning to face his visitor.

"I brought you something to eat," Koakuma says. She is carrying a small tray with a bowl of soup, a glass of water, and a few pieces of bread. She puts the tray on the desk.

Realizing his hunger, Anon thanks Koakuma and quickly devours the meal. Koakuma watches him silently. He finishes everything in a few minutes.

Only after finishing the meal does Anon notice Koakuma's troubled expression. She isn't looking directly at him.

"Did you meet anyone after I left?", she asked. Her tone is unusually somber. Anon shakes his head, but realizes something inconsistent - didn't Koakuma lock the door before she left?

A few moments pass before Anon realizes that she is staring at his wrist. No, she is staring at the watch.

"Where did you get that?", she whispers.

What does Anon do next?
>> No. 20563
[X] Tell her you found it in the room, but don't mention the notebook and letter.
>> No. 20564
[X] Trust in Koakuma. Tell her everything and show the notebook and letter.
>> No. 20565
[X] Trust in Koakuma. Tell her everything and show the notebook and letter. Also mention that you found the door was unlocked, even though no one had entered.
>> No. 20566
[†] Trust in Koakuma. Tell her everything and show the notebook and letter. Also mention that you found the door was unlocked, even though no one had entered.
>> No. 20569
[X] Trust in Koakuma. Tell her everything and show the notebook and letter. Also mention that you found the door was unlocked, even though no one had entered.
>> No. 20640
File 122267021048.jpg - (46.81KB , 600x700 , koakuma_confiscate.jpg ) [iqdb]
20640
Loading User Command:
[X] Trust in Koakuma. Tell her everything and show the notebook and letter. Also mention that you found the door was unlocked, even though no one had entered.

---

For a moment, Anon considers making up an excuse, but a better side of him says to trust in Koakuma. Without knowing who he is, she and her mistress willingly choose to help him. He can't afford to betray the trust of the few that he can count on, especially in a dangerous place like Gensokyo.

Anon empties the contents of his pockets and presents them on the desk. He takes his time explaining every detail of what he did since she left. He explains looking around the room and finding these items inside the desk drawer. Koakuma listens carefully, nodding now and then.

Anon briefly summarizes the contents of the letter, and adds that he doesn't really believe it. Showing her a piece of paper with his own handwriting, he mentions that he just wants to check if the letter has something to do with his past.

Koakuma takes the letter and reads through it carefully. Her face looks both concerned and sad as she reads. Afterward, she takes a few minutes to examine the notebook and pen carefully.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?", she asks as she turns to face Anon. She still has a pretty serious expression on her face.

Anon mentions that he found the door unlocked before she returned, even though no on had entered.

"I see," she says, turning back to the items on the desk. Anon waits patiently as she takes a few minutes to examine each item again. Finally, she sighs and turns back to Anon.

"I need to take these back to Mistress Patchouli. She might understand what they mean," she says, as she pockets each item. Anon simply nods, though he kind of liked the pen.
>> No. 20641
File 122267141873.jpg - (210.66KB , 455x609 , koakuma_smiles.jpg ) [iqdb]
20641
>>20640
"I do appreciate your honesty, though. I always thought your kind would be more suspicious about non-humans like us," Koakuma says as she takes the tray. She turns to face Anon and gives him a bright smile.

"I'm starting to see why the Mistress has taken interest in you. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting to know you a bit better myself."

Anon simply nods in reply, dazzled by her smile. He feels himself blushing and staring like an idiot. Koakuma blushes as well, before turning toward the door.

"I don't mean anything special by that," she adds as she tries to leave the room. She walks straight into the still-closed door and falls on the floor. Somehow, she still has the tray balanced. She gets back up, gives Anon a quick bow, and hurries out of the room.

Anon breaks out of his stupor a few moments later. For the lack of a better word, Anon feels like he was entranced by the whole scene. He sighs as realizes that he is still back to square one, with even more questions and no answers. He also lost what may have been important clues.

He lies on the bed and decides to stare at the ceiling for a while. He can probably try to explore the Mansion at night. But he decides against it; that route is better left to those who have Mystic Eyes. Realizing his own exhaustion, he closes his eyes, falling asleep instantly.
>> No. 20643
File 122267235670.jpg - (3.80KB , 531x384 , black.jpg ) [iqdb]
20643
>>20641
Loading Server Patch.

Server Upgrade Successful.

Loading Option Selection Mode.

Custom User Input is still accepted.

---

Anon is standing in an incomprehensible darkness. He can feel someone watching him. A cold hand grabs his shoulder. Anon is too shocked and scared to turn his head.

"What is your name, and what do you believe in?"

Selection 1:
[ ] Arihiko
[ ] Taniguchi
[ ] Kasai
[ ] Custom

Selection 2:
[ ] Strength
[ ] Intelligence
[ ] Charisma
>> No. 20645
{~} "My name? My name...I don't remember my name."
{~} Intelligence.

:>
>> No. 20647
File 122267783280.png - (14.07KB , 100x100 , 100px-Arihiko.png ) [iqdb]
20647
[x] Arihiko
[x] Charisma

If only because this guy's a badass.
>> No. 20648
[x] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[x] Charisma
>> No. 20649
[X] Kasai
[X] Strength

And now I can kick down bolted steel doors.
>> No. 20650
[x] Sunohara
[x] Intelligence


we're the maestro of logic!
>> No. 20651
[x] Don Quixote
[x] Luck
>> No. 20652
[x] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[x] Intelligence
>> No. 20653
File 122269150961.jpg - (19.43KB , 250x250 , 1216485959759.jpg ) [iqdb]
20653
[x] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[x] Intelligence
>> No. 20654
File 122269399739.jpg - (57.25KB , 480x640 , kinda_cute.jpg ) [iqdb]
20654
[X] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[X] Charisma
>> No. 20655
>"I'm starting to see why the Mistress has taken interest in you. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting to know you a bit better myself."

Be it his innocence, his all-accepting naivete, his desire to aid strangers, or that he doesn't afraid of anything, whatever it is Patchouli noticed it immediately, so I'm banking it's some form of personal magnetism.

[x] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[x] Charisma.

“If you have it you don’t need it. If you need it, you don’t have it. If you have it, you need more of it. If you have more of it, you don’t need less of it. You need it to get it. And you certainly need it to get more of it. But if you don’t already have any of it to begin with, you can’t get any of it to get started, which means you really have no idea how to get it in the first place, do you? You can share it, sure. You can even stockpile it if you like. But you can’t fake it. Wanting it. Needing it. Wishing for it. The point is, if you’ve never had any of it, ever, people just seem to know.”
>> No. 20656
File 122270480654.jpg - (99.24KB , 600x834 , 1b1659aa38b7e7f5e25e05f8378eb0b2.jpg ) [iqdb]
20656
[x] Albert
[x] Charisma

Saved Anon's ass more times than intelligence has.
>> No. 20657
[x] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[x] Charisma.

Cute and dumb. Anon is a nice boy.
>> No. 20658
[x] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[x] Charisma.

With a certain minimum of intelligence, you can learn from experience. But Charisma is whole lot harder to come by.

That aside, I'm not sure I trust Anon enough to rely on intelligence alone.
>> No. 20659
[x] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[x] Charisma

We are the Man With No Name.

>>20641
That was the calmest example of tsundere ever.
>> No. 20660
[†] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[†] Charisma.
>> No. 20661
[Q] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[Q] Charisma
>> No. 20669
[x] Kasai
[x] Strength
>> No. 20672
File 122274704276.jpg - (185.73KB , 413x720 , keine_sensei.jpg ) [iqdb]
20672
Loading User Selections:
[X] My name? My name...I don't remember my name.
[X] Charisma

Updating Character Attributes.

Preparing New Server Instance.

Introduction Scenario Completed.

---

System Hint:
A charisma-type character is skilled in improving relationships and soliciting others for assistance. Communication and persuasiveness come naturally to him. He can easily influence others through both his words and actions.

An intelligence-type character is adept in a multitude of mental abilities, including: reasoning, planning, problem solving, comprehension, and learning. He can easily understand difficult concepts and apply them in practical scenarios.

A strength-type character is physically gifted. He is a natural athlete, having no trouble with the most strenuous of activities, such as running, swimming, or heavy lifting. He can easily learn physical exercises and routines.

Note that while the character type does not lock to any route, it does affect how the character can cope with different situations.
>> No. 20673
With enough Charisma, everything else is a dump stat.
>> No. 20991
Server reconnected at: >>20674