[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121796111967.jpg - (193.00KB , 782x900 , Rumia1.jpg ) [iqdb]
17638 No. 17638
In the pitch black, you can only feel the cold hail bouncing off your body and the shaking of the ground as it is struck by what you can only guess is MUCH LARGER HAIL.

You consider running, but decide better of it. You really don’t know how far this darkness extends and you can just imagine running right in front of an anvil sized piece of ice by mistake.

You decide now is as good a time as any to practice your mental painting. Eyes closed out of habit, you paint a crude picture in your mind.

The cold drafts coming towards you are from larger pieces of hail. The sound of chattering teeth marks the girl in front of you and a spot of pure cold in the sky marks the flying girl as easily as the warmth in the sky marks the sun. You can feel a heat stronger than any ray of sunlight coming from the girl in front of you.

Laser beams.

But from the direction you feel them going she may as well be shooting randomly. You step forward.

“She’s not over there,” you say, surprising yourself by placing your hand on a shoulder where you expected it to be.

“EEP,” she lets out a cute yelp, “I-I ain’t a-afraid a g-ghosts!” Struggling with your grip on her shoulder you realize she really is pretty small (and pretty frightened at that).

You grab one of her wrists with your free arm and feel her entire body go rigid in fear. You can swear it seems darker. You point her arm towards the cold spot in the sky.

“The other girl,” you say slowly, in a calming tone, “She’s over there.” You release her wrist. And with your other hand still on her shoulder, you feel some tension leave her. You can feel and for a moment see a large beam shoot towards the spot you directed. The light it gave off was immediately consumed by the darkness around it.

“EEEEyaaaaAH-!!” The sudden scream accompanies the sudden stop in hail. “NO FAIR RUMIA! WHEN CIRNO WINS NEXT DAY, YOU GIVE ME ALL THE SHADE I WANT!!”

You can feel it get warmer as she flies away.

The darkness fades and you can finally see the girl floating in front of you. Her black one-piece dress covers a white blouse and stops just short of her knees. Her shoulder length blonde hair frames the perfect snow white skin of her face. A bright red ribbon tied in her hair matches the tint of her cheeks. Her eyes are closed and a beaming smile splits her cute face. Her arms are stretched to both sides in a playful manner while a subtle darkness emanates from her in all directions. She giggles softly as she floats in triumph.

“Thank you very much Mr. Ghost, Sir! My name is Rumia! What’s your na-,” She cuts off as she opens her eyes.

You’re wearing nothing except a sweat soaked pair of boxers that are clinging rather…

…inappropriately.

Rumia’s eyes go wide and her face flushes a deep red that matches her eyes, and before you can open your mouth to say a word, Rumia is hidden in an orb of black that flies top speed into the forest.

“B-b-bye Bye, M-mr. g-G –EEP!” the orb slams into a tree. After a quick pause, Rumia restarts her race down the hill and out of sight.

(to be continued…)

>> No. 17639
Awesome.
>> No. 17641
“Thank you very much Mr. Ghost, Sir! My name is Rumia! What’s your na-,” She cuts off as she opens her eyes.
You’re wearing nothing except a sweat soaked pair of boxers that are clinging rather…
…inappropriately.

Omg nice! xD
>> No. 17655
>>17638
I'd just like to say one more time that you're a prick for being this awesome.
>> No. 17657
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well that was a pleasant way to start the day," you say to no one in particular, your face still a bit flush from embarrassment.

Standing there on the hill, now alone, surrounded by amorphous blocks of ice melting in the sun. You decide that now may be the best time to get back home and get dressed before hunting up something to eat for a late breakfast.

Your thoughts still on Rumia and the encounter, you walk down the hill wondering if you'll ever see her again. Her eyes being red meant she was a youkai, and being a human-type youkai yourself, you know how few and far between your kind are among the myriads of animal youkai. It would be interesting to talk to her.

You stop short of your house when you see the front door is no longer on its hinges.

[ ] Its probably nothing. Walk right in; you own the place.
[ ] Somethings wrong. Run in fists flying.
[ ] Somethings wrong. Find an impromtu weapon.
[ ] Sneak around the house, and gather intelligence. It's been a weird day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting from a library. STOP.
Expect more seplling erorrs. STOP.
Should have time for one more post untill later tonight. STOP
>> No. 17658
{X} Somethings wrong. Run in fists flying.

Fists~
>> No. 17659
[ ] Sneak around the house, and gather intelligence. It's been a weird day.
>> No. 17660
[ ] Sneak around the house, and gather intelligence. It's been a weird day.
>> No. 17661
[x] Something's wrong. Sneak in to the house. Remember the basics of CQC.
>> No. 17662
[x] Its probably nothing. Walk right in; you own the place.
>> No. 17664
[X] Sneak around the house, and gather intelligence. It's been a weird day.
>> No. 17666
[X] Sneak around the house, and gather intelligence. Remember the basics of wushu.
>> No. 17667
I laugh at my failure. Ha-ha! Yet give up I do not.

[X] Massive Axe
>> No. 17668
[+] Sneak around the house, and gather intelligence. It's been a weird day.
>> No. 17669
Sneaking around a two room house doesn’t take more than a minute. The living room is as you left it. Its two windows allow you to see the entire room and part of the kitchen. On the back side of the house, rose bushes prevent you from getting up close to your bedroom window so you can’t see anything up against the back wall. However your bedroom looks completely fine from what you can see. And the same thing holds true for the rest of the kitchen as you can see from the last window over your lilac bushes.

From the four windows outside, you can honestly say you don’t see anything immediately amiss. There are blind spots here and there, but you can’t do much about them. Honestly, aside from the front door, everything seems pretty peaceful.

You also make a mental note to paint this summer before the rainy season. You may live in the middle of nowhere, but you do have your pride.

[ ] Wow, it probably IS nothing. Walk right in.
[ ] Something’s DEFINETLY wrong. Run in fists AND feet flying.
[ ] Something’s DEFINETLY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17670
[x] Something’s DEFINETLY wrong. Run in fists AND feet flying.

How are we going to move?
Simple, we'll just hover by using our limbs like propellers.
>> No. 17672
>Honestly, aside from the front door, everything seems pretty peaceful.
Lies and chicanery!

[x] Something’s DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17673
[ ] Something’s DEFINETLY wrong. Run in fists AND feet flying.

The choices are funny. This means the story is funny.
>> No. 17674
[x] Something’s DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17675
[x] Something’s DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17677
File 121799092361.jpg - (119.67KB , 800x770 , Moonlit.jpg ) [iqdb]
17677
Taking a short nap... Whatever is winning when I wake up gets written.
>> No. 17678
[x] Something’s DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.

WEAPONS.
>> No. 17679
[X] Something’s DEFINETLY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
[X] Sneak in, check blind spots.
>> No. 17681
[x] Something’s DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17682
[X] Something’s DEFINETLY wrong. Run in fists AND feet flying.

dynamicentry.jpg
>> No. 17683
>>17670
I see what you referred to there.
>> No. 17684
also, *definitely
>> No. 17686
[x] Something’s DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17687
{X} Something’s DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17688
[X] Something's DEFINITELY wrong. Find TWO impromptu weapons.
>> No. 17692
[ ] Something’s DEFINETLY wrong. Run in fists AND feet flying.
>> No. 17694
[Q] "Why are you here and why is the door missing?"
>> No. 17695
Everything is quiet; too quiet in fact. With the hair standing on the back of your neck and this nervous feeling growing in the pit of your mind, you do not plan on taking any chances.

A quick trip through the trees yields a broken branch about the perfect size for a club. About two feet long and an inch and a half thick, the nub of a broken branch near one end allows you to hold it like a tonfa. You test it with a few swings against a nearby tree, and you’re greeted with the satisfactory thud of a solid impact.

You somehow doubt this will be enough though. Then an idea strikes!

You run to the well behind your house. You crank the bucket and line up throwing them to the side. You then lift the iron crossbar off its fittings on either side, letting the pulley slide off one end and pulling the crank off of the squared end. About seven feet of solid iron pole makes for a deadly bo weapon. You spin the thing in your hands a few times to test it. The familiar whirr of the air around you tells you it can do the job.

With no free hands to carry the wooden club while wielding the metal staff, you notch the club on the waistband of your boxers. Satisfied the club won’t fall with sudden movements and mentally prepared for anything, you start running towards your ruined doorway.

With a single bound, staff spinning in your hands as you land, your eyes dart towards the nearest blind spots behind furniture and in the kitchen and find your nearest opponent.

An ugly, antique vase you bought on a whim that contains a couple withering flowers needs to be watered.

BUT THAT CAN WAIT!

Still walking on the balls of your feet, spinning the bar in slow circles to keep momentum, you inch towards your open door. You remember throwing it closed when you ran out this morning, but you were in too much of a hurry to remember hearing it click closed or bounce open from the motion. You breath shallowly as you prepare to pounce into the unknown, unwilling to go without a fight.

“KYAAAAAAAH!” You roar as you rush into the room in a staff swinging frenzy. You silence yourself as you see that absolutely is nothing is different from how you left it.

Except for Tokiko lying face down propped on her elbows in your bed, wearing your clothes, reading the book Pops’ wrote.

She looks up at you a few moments after your entrance, snorts and raises a hand to her face to stifle her laughter, and with all the seriousness she can muster says:

“ ‘Morning!” looking down, “Is that a stick in your shorts? Or are you just happy to see me?” Her voice is cracking from the effort of restraining her laughter.

[ ] Write in only…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>17694
Vote noted. Had to fix some typos.
>> No. 17696
[X] Yeah, good and happy to see you too. But next time warm me when you're coming over.
>> No. 17697
>An ugly, antique vase you bought on a whim that contains a couple withering flowers needs to be watered.

>BUT THAT CAN WAIT!

I lol'd


[x] "Rough morning; run-in with an ice fairy and a blob of darkness while I was doing my exercises--you know them? Anyway, those clothes of mine you're wearing? Take 'em off. I have to change into them after my bath."
[x] Leave the room and draw the bath water. Stomp back into the room suddenly. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN' DOOR?"

I like Tokiko already.
>> No. 17699
[x] "Rough morning; run-in with an ice fairy and a blob of darkness while I was doing my exercises--you know them? Anyway, I'm gonna go take a bath."
[x] Leave the room and draw the bath water. Stomp back into the room suddenly. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN' DOOR?"

I like this.
>> No. 17700
[x] "Rough morning; run-in with an ice fairy and a blob of darkness while I was doing my exercises--you know them? Anyway, I'm gonna go take a bath."
[x] Leave the room and draw the bath water. Stomp back into the room suddenly. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN' DOOR?"

I'm grinning like a madman, I love you.
>> No. 17702
[x] "Rough morning; run-in with an ice fairy and a blob of darkness while I was doing my exercises--you know them? Anyway, I'm gonna go take a bath."
[x] Leave the room and draw the bath water. Stomp back into the room suddenly. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN' DOOR?

Excellent.
>> No. 17704
[x] "Rough morning; run-in with an ice fairy and a blob of darkness while I was doing my exercises--you know them? Anyway, I'm gonna go take a bath."
[x] Leave the room and draw the bath water. Stomp back into the room suddenly. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN' DOOR?"
>> No. 17705
Too sleepy to write. Will get back to writing later tonight.

>Robot Ninja-Pirate School Girl
I've decided that this is worth a BOMB.

Your BOMB stock is now 2.

You've missed four opportunities to gain BOMBs so far.
>> No. 17706
>>17705
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 17707
>>17705
>stock is now 2
>missed four opportunities
Is this just for the intro part or are chances to get bombs really common?

>>17706
It's no fun if we always pick the "right" choice to advance the story.
>> No. 17708
>>17707
A little from "column A".
A little from "column B".

I have to get Anonymous used to taking risks early and often, exploring the unknown rather than sticking with the familiar; otherwise Anonymous will just keep getting himself killed later.
>> No. 17710
[+] "Rough morning; run-in with an ice fairy and a blob of darkness while I was doing my exercises--you know them? Anyway, I'm gonna go take a bath."
[+] Leave the room and draw the bath water. Stomp back into the room suddenly. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN' DOOR?
awesome.jpg
>> No. 17714
[x] "Rough morning; run-in with an ice fairy and a blob of darkness while I was doing my exercises--you know them? Anyway, I'm gonna go take a bath."
[x] Leave the room and draw the bath water. Stomp back into the room suddenly. "AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN' DOOR?

Hay thar, Ibis Youkai.
>> No. 17718
>“ ‘Morning!” looking down, “Is that a stick in your shorts? Or are you just happy to see me?” Her voice is cracking from the effort of restraining her laughter.

"Yeah, good mornin' to you there missus bird-monster, this how it's goin': Look at my freakin' door! It's been smashed to bejesus and back!"
>> No. 17721
>>17720

What's wrong with it?
>> No. 17722
“Rough morning,” you say propping the well’s crossbar in a corner, “Had a run-in with some ice girl and a blob of darkness while I was practicing my forms… You know them?” Tokiko shakes her head slowly; a silly smile still plastered to her face as she determinedly keeps her eyes on the pages of the book. “Anyway,” you continue, “I’m going to go wash up.”

You walk into the living room and throw that stick onto the pile of firewood, a breeze hitting your skin. You stomp back into the bedroom.

“AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FRIGGIN’ DOOR?!”

Tokiko’s eyes lift from the book as she stares into space trying to remember. Suddenly her eyes narrow and the smile from before becomes a scowl. The wing on her head twitches irritably as she jumps from your bed and stomps towards you. Backing you into a wall, she lifts a knee placing it on your chest and leaning into it, her ruby eyes staring into your own.

“Now you listen! Today was the last STRAW!” She begins, her arms hanging by her side swinging lifelessly as she gestured wildly with her wings, (a habit she’s had since she was young,) “Yesterday, that silver-blue took my biggest book right after I bought it, and today, I wake up and ALL of my books are gone,- ALL. OF. THEM.” She repeats slowly, her eyes as wide as saucers, allowing you time to let the absolute horror of the situation sink in, “And I know that damn silver-blue girl did it. You know how I know? ‘Cause all my dresses became like the dress she was holding the day before; all flat and clean and covered in some clear and shiny stuff,” at this point, you almost feel like reiterating your question. But you do vaguely remember Tokiko eventually getting to the point some days... Tokiko only leans into you harder, “The stuff didn’t smell safe. So I came here to borrow your clothes, but your door was locked and there weren’t answering no matter how loud I knocked.”

“Locked?” You can’t help but ask.

Tokiko nods curtly, and you remember now that after oiling the hinge on the door’s lock a week ago, it kept falling into place whenever it slammed shut. You’d left a window unlocked just in case ever since, and Tokiko wouldn’t have known about it. Tokiko puts her weight on you again to grab your attention.

“And now that I’ve found you, you’re going to help me get my revenge AND my books,” She stops pinning you and backs up a pace, “I’ve found out where the silver-blue lives!”

“Today,” Toki’ announces in a grand tone, closing her eyes, placing her hands on her hips and spreading all her wings, “We’re breaking into the red house!”

[ ] “What goes around comes around.” Go along with robbing the mansion.
[ ] Don’t get caught up in Tokiko’s schemes. There’s probably a peaceful way to resolve this issue.
[ ] Don’t get caught up in Tokiko’s schemes. It’s her problem; she can handle it herself.

END OF CHAPTER 0: Foreword of forewarning...

BEGINING CHAPTER 1: Breaking in...


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drawfag'd that picture last night when I should have been pickin' plottan. So far I've only been able to find about 15 pictures of Tokiko not in a group (not the greast quality or quantity), so if anyone has some hidden bastion of great tokiko art, help me out.

Also, I can't delete my two previous posts until I get back home, so unless a kindly mod reads this and gets rid of them for me; they'll be up for a while.
>> No. 17723
>>17722
*Greast = Greatest
>> No. 17724
[X] “What goes around comes around.” Go along with robbing the mansion.

Bookworm and Youkanon against Sakuya and Patchouli? Sounds like fun, count me in.
>> No. 17725
>>17724

We could actually put up a pretty tough fight if we know how to use danmaku. Tokiko's power allows her to create danmaku that comes from behind the opponent, which is a very effective surprise tactic.
>> No. 17726
{X} “What goes around comes around.” Go along with robbing the mansion.
>> No. 17727
[X] “What goes around comes around.” Go along with robbing the mansion.
>> No. 17728
[X] “What goes around comes around.” Go along with robbing the mansion.
>> No. 17729
[x] “What goes around comes around.” Go along with robbing the mansion.
>> No. 17731
>>17725

17724 here
We are Youkanon/Shaolinon, we need no danmaku to kick some ass (if we reach the targets before being blown up).
And I never said we would be losing, though I think when overpowered and outnumbered by the whole SDM chances are slim.
>> No. 17734
[X] Definitely rape

>>17725
It's not established that Tokiko has any particular power. Only that she has some attack or spell that allowed her to attack from behind Reimu. Off the top of my head, both Youmu and Yuyuko have cards that do the same.
>> No. 17736
>>17731
Currently, we are Youkanon. I think Shaolinon was(is?) 'pops'.
>> No. 17746
[x] “What goes around comes around.” Go along with robbing the mansion.

Hoho, I didn't expect Sakuya's thieving habits to come up as a plot point.
And...did she clean Tokiko's clothes and put them in a plastic wrap? That nutty girl.
>> No. 17759
>>17746
>Sakuya's thieving habits
Is this some obscure bit of canon I've not heard of? Sounds intriguing. Do go on.
>> No. 17760
File 121816634830.jpg - (90.27KB , 468x450 , fail.jpg ) [iqdb]
17760
>there weren’t answering no matter how loud I knocked

Oh God, I'm in despair.
"there" should be "you"
>> No. 17763
>>17759

One of the chapters of CoLA features Sakuya pulling one over on Kourin, and stealing some teacups from him.
>> No. 17766
>>17763

She also tried to steal Marisa's Mini-Hakkero.
>> No. 17771
>>17763
There's a doujin where she sprays herself with some sort of perfume that made her extremely horny.
>> No. 17794
>>17763
>>17766
Oh. Damn, what a bitch.

>>17771
Still trying to figure out how this is relevant.
>> No. 17795
>>17763
>stealing some teacups from him.
She did pay for the teacups AFAIK.
>> No. 17803
Chapter 1: Breaking in…

*******************************************************************
The candle light flickers weakly. The dancing lights casting shadows everywhere. The world spins time and again as your eyes find it difficult to focus with such dim and constantly moving light. Your head feels light and your stomach feels full of acid. You can only make vain efforts at sleeping to avoid the nausea, but the sight of Tokiko’s corpse in front of you only promises more nightmares.

When did things go so wrong?
*******************************************************************

“What goes around comes around,” you say smiling and wondering who in their right mind would ever consider robbing the most vindictive little bird you’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting, “So do you have a plan, Tok-”

“Dastardly,” she cuts in pointing a wing at you, “and you’re Muttley!”

“Eh? Tokik-”

“Dastardly!”

*cough* “Dastardly, you know I don’t get the references. What book is this from?”

“Richard Dastardly! He and his partner in crime, Muttley,” she points her wing at you again, “are among the entries inside The Top 20 Cartoon Villains of All Time! Even though we’ll be stealing books and not cartoons, I think they’re similar enough. Books being words on paper that illustrate stories and cartoons being moving illustrations on paper that show stories, they definitely sound similar enough,” She explains thoroughly adding to herself, “Though I’ve always wondered what a moving illustration is.”

“Sooo… about that plan?”

“Well Muttley, I’ll throw together something for a lunchtime meal,” again with the wing gestures, “Muttley, you can go pack whatever else you think we’ll need. Also, I guess we’ll need to find a way to get you to that island won’t we? Hmmm… I can carry you for a little while but I couldn’t fly you the whole way. Especially if we ran into trouble... Oh well. I’ll think of something!” she throws up her wings up in exasperation, “You wash up and pack light. Meet me at the base!” She brushes a wing across your chest as she has started doing recently before she walks out of your bedroom with business like speed, the door closing behind her.

Time to get ready and go.

Choose the order of these 1-5:
[ ] Shower
[ ] Dress
[ ] Pack
[ ] Water the flowers in the ugly, antique vase.
[ ] Fix the well.

And

[ ] Grab something to eat or.
[ ] Trust ‘Dastardly’ to pack you that lunch.

And

[ ] Write in only… Propose a plan to make it to the island.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the wait on this post. I'm going to try and update a TON over this weekend.

Also, how's Anon enjoying the ride so far? Am I driving too fast? Too slow? Need more detail and less updates? Less detail and more updates? Also, if you're a voter, leave a reply even if you don't have a suggestion. I'd like to have clear number of how many voting readers I have since I usually just wait up to twelve hours or up to seven/eight votes, and I'm thinking about changing it (lowering both do to lack of votership).
>> No. 17804
I'd say it's alright so far, but I'd like to get the story started proper.

+1 voter
>> No. 17805
I'm a voter.

So far, the story seems pretty good. As long as we can avoid the little glimpse we got there, I'll be fine.
>> No. 17806
I'm guessing using a bomb could prevent Tokiko's death?
>> No. 17809
>>17806
>EXTRA RULES 2.0: In "Afterthought..." certain decisions will not have an immediate effect, but instead steer your destiny to a predetermined point.

>However, the future is not set in stone. Like I've said before with a BOMB, you can avoid, devastate, or just plain turn the tables on any one event.

Pretty much that, or one/two well-timed write-ins.
>> No. 17827
[ ] Fix the well.
[ ] Shower
[ ] Dress
[ ] Pack
[ ] Water the flowers in the ugly, antique vase.

[ ] Grab something to eat.
>I’ll throw together something for a lunchtime meal
I don't see anything implying she'd do it for us, too. Bitches be crazy like that.

[X] Swim with her supporting you slightly from above so that you don't tire out too quickly.

Unless it's way too far out.

A voter except when every other fucking anon has already voted for my option. Fighting desperately against the hivemind, one might say.

Anyways. Story's good so far, but I never was a picky one. Doesn't matter how fast you drive as long as you take some turns. Same old road gets boring.
>> No. 17830
[X] Fix the well.
In order to
[X] Water the flowers in the ugly, antique vase.
Get that business out of the way
[X] Shower
He probably doesn't smell too good.
[X] Dress
No point in dressing in clean clothes while dirty. Dress after a shower.
[X] Pack
With everything out of they way, start packing.

[X] Grab something to eat.

[X] Rumia might be able to help carry you. Maybe she could use her darkness to help conceal you as you approach the mansion.
>> No. 17831
Voter here. More details and updates please.

>>17830

What he said.
>> No. 17881
Another voter here.
Lots of choices so I'll just go with >>17830.
Pace of the story seems fine, I don't see any need for changes.
>> No. 17892
>Tokiko’s corpse

WAT

WHAT THE HELL
>> No. 17893
>>17892

Don't worry, we can prevent this.
>> No. 17898
Choose the order of these 1-5:
[1] Shower
[2] Dress
[3] Pack
[4] Fix the well.
[5] Water the flowers in the ugly, antique vase.

[x] Grab something to eat.

[x] Technique #616: Gait of the Water-strider

DC 90 Balance check to run on water.
>> No. 17914
>[x] Technique #616: Gait of the Water-strider

But we only have 507 techniques, so yeh!
>> No. 17916
Bandwagoning with that other guy whose post number I'm too lazy to type.
[1] Shower
[2] Dress
[3] Pack
[4] Fix the well.
[5] Water the flowers in the ugly, antique vase.
[x] Grab something to eat.

Tokiko's wing gestures amuse me. Also...
>the sight of Tokiko’s corpse in front of you
SHOULD'VE USED A BOMB, FAGET. Is what I'll say if this ever happens when we're close enough to stop it. Maybe this is a premonition warning us since we stepped onto a route where it might happen?

Anyway, another voter here with no real pace suggestions. I'm content with how things are moseying along for now.
>> No. 17929
>>17914

Except one, we're not Shaolinonymous, and two, we don't know how many years have passed since then.
>> No. 17930
>“Muttley, you can go pack whatever else you think we’ll need. Also, I guess we’ll need to find a way to get you to that island won’t we? Hmmm… I can carry you for a little while but I couldn’t fly you the whole way. Especially if we ran into trouble... Oh well. I’ll think of something!” she throws up her wings up in exasperation, “You wash up and pack light. Meet me at the base!” She brushes a wing across your chest as she has started doing recently before she walks out of your bedroom with business like speed, the door closing behind her.

[1] Shower
[2] Dress
[3] Pack
[4] Fix the well.
[5] Water the flowers in the ugly, antique vase.
[x] Grab something to eat.
[x] Speak to 'Dasterdly' when you're finished: "I'll assume you just forgot that I was a youkai because of my appearance and not because you wanted to insult me. We'll both fly. Let's go."
>> No. 17931
>>17898
>Technique #616: Gait of the Water-strider
Somehow I don't think this will work. Nevertheless, it amuses and interests me. So...

Choose the order of these 1-5:
[1] Shower
[2] Dress
[3] Pack
[4] Fix the well.
[5] Water the flowers in the ugly, antique vase.

[x] Grab something to eat.

[x] Technique #616: Gait of the Water-strider
>> No. 17935
>>17929
Wait, we're not?
>> No. 17936
>>17935

The main character is his son, Shaolinonymous II.
>> No. 17948
>>17930
Since when could all youkai fly by default?

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Youkai
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento:_Encyclopedia:_Presence
>> No. 17959
>>17916
>SHOULD'VE USED A BOMB, FAGET. Is what I'll say if this ever happens when we're close enough to stop it.
BOMBS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. Bombs are used right after an event happens, to go back and change it. They're for altering present circumstances via the immediate past. You can't aim one at a future event that might not even happen.
>> No. 17962
File 121831120033.jpg - (34.92KB , 400x533 , bathroom_shower.jpg ) [iqdb]
17962
You reek something awful, and you won’t stand that a moment longer. Discarding your boxers and finding a towel in your dresser, you and that smell enter the bathroom intent that only one of you will leave alive.

...

...

Too bad, the smell was stronger than you could ever imagine.

SMELL END…

Continue?
[ ]Yes
[ ]No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had to write it. Anyway, currently counting 6 voters. So first option to 3 votes will be the new rule or the one with the most votes if I'm not around when the first one reaches 3. Also, if your an uncounted voter (just started reading/voting) Just leave a comment with "new voter here" or some such. Every two or three of those I'll raise the vote limit.

Also, writing now... (No need to vote)
>> No. 17963
File 12183124424.jpg - (74.45KB , 397x272 , she stepped on it.jpg ) [iqdb]
17963
>>17962
>if your an uncounted voter
me am vote good

I mean, new voter here.
>> No. 17967
What the...? Maybe should have fixed the well first?

[X]Yes.
>> No. 17968
>>17967
'twas a joke. No need to vote.
>> No. 17970
updates?
>> No. 17971
>>17968

That was stupid.
>> No. 17973
>>17970
Oh sorry, got called in to put a few extra hours at work. Back to writing.

>>17971
Incredibly stupid.
>> No. 17984
With Tokiko gone, you quickly go over what you should do before leaving. Showering being at the top of that list, a quick scrub down doesn’t take too much time. Getting dressed and packed would naturally follow. Your eyes catch the crossbar in the corner and you figure you should probably repair that before leaving too. Later you can water those flowers in the living room.

So first you head into the shower. A quick sniff reminds you just how badly you can smell after a heavy work out, but some cold water and a simple bar of lye can take care of that. Your mind wonders a bit as your hands mechanically go through the everyday motions of scrubbing your skin.

An odd morning was slowly turning into an odd afternoon, but some good things had come from all the strangeness. For one, you met Rumia. And though it might not have been under the best of circumstances, you imagine, if you can find her again, that you can somehow convince her to help get you across the lake onto that island. Heck, even getting a chance to talk to that cute girl again would be a nice change of pace to the humdrum of everyday life.

Feeling as clean as a whistle, you dry off with a towel and jump straight to the next thing on your list. Getting dressed.

You open your dresser and find what clean outfits you have left with Tokiko wearing your most casual clothes.

Among what’s left you consider either wearing your kendo gi, your formal suit and tie, or just a t-shirt and blue jeans. The gi is black with white dragons entwining each arm. The formal suit is a black jacket and slacks with a white collared shirt and black tie. The cuff links are yin-yangs. The t-shirt is plain white and the blue jeans are broken in.

The gi is the lightest.
The suit has the most pockets.
The shirt and jeans are the most comfortable.

You pick one at random before moving on to the next task in your mind. Packing.

Packing turns out to be a snap. Apparently you never unpacked the last time you went hiking. Inside your old bag is:

1 Small hatchet
2 Knives
1 Pocket knife
1 Compass
1 Apple (Rotten)
1 Small sewing kit
1 First aid kit
1 Pocket book (mostly blank)
1 Pen
1 Pencil
3 Boxes of matches (one of which is half full)

After discarding of the rotten apple (the bag smells of apples now by the way), you grab the crossbar from your room and head outside to fix the well.

The well is in ruins.

The base stones are cracked and falling inward while deep gashes in the stone look like some wild beast clawed out the sides… Assuming that the wild beast had claws of steal, of course. The rope and bucket are absolutely nowhere to be found. This sucks.

You drop the crossbar with what is left of the well and decide fixing your front door is now top priority.

The whole job of finding spare hinges and locks isn’t difficult. It had been a while, but Tokiko used to knock the door down on a regular basis. Getting her used to turning a door knob was oddly difficult for the bird-youkai as it was something she couldn’t do with her wings or feet. For example even when reading, Tokiko will still turn pages with her nose, only really using her hands to carry the book.

You sigh inwardly in nostalgia as you find yourself once again fixing the door after all these years.

Finished with the door repair, you try and remember if there was anything left to do. Oh well, you’re sure it’s not that important if you put it off this long.

You head to the kitchen to grab something to eat before you go.

[ ] Make a small snack. Toki’ is probably waiting for us.
[ ] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[ ] Make a feast. You have the oddest feeling you’ll need the stamina.

And be sure not to get crumbs on your __________ .

[ ] Dragon Gi
[ ] Formal Attire
[ ] Comfort Casual
>> No. 17985
[x] Dragon Gi
[x] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.

Beginning of the day? Need a proper breakfast!

>Tokiko will still turn pages with her nose, only really using her hands to carry the book.
Birdlike ibis youkai is birdlike.
>> No. 17986
File 121833544989.jpg - (103.59KB , 600x800 , SFASagat.jpg ) [iqdb]
17986
[x] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[x] Kickboxing shorts and wraps.
>> No. 17987
[X] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.

[X] Comfort Casual
>> No. 17988
I have the strangest feeling Yuka's gonna get on our ass about those flowers.

[x] Dragon Gi
[x] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
>> No. 17989
[ ] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[X] Dragon Gi
>> No. 17991
File 121834404866.jpg - (17.25KB , 300x388 , bruce_lee_game_of_death.jpg ) [iqdb]
17991
[x] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[x] Yellow-and-black tracksuit
>> No. 17993
[x] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.

[x] Dragon Gi

Can just bring a bag or something to carry things right, forget pockets.
>> No. 17994
[z] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[z] Dragon Gi

Food makan and Gi wearan gaems.
>> No. 17995
[x] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[x] Yellow-and-black tracksuit
THIS THIS
>> No. 17998
[X] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[X] Dragon Gi

I'm here, I vote! Just... sometimes I fall behind...
>> No. 17999
[z] Make a normal sized meal. You should eat decently, even if it’ll take a little longer.
[z] Dragon Gi
>> No. 18000
Throwing together six sandwiches and a bowl of rice for a decent sized meal, you warf down the bowl and five of the sandwiches leaving the last to eat when you set out for Tokiko’s nest.

But before that, you run into your room and grab your partisan, glowing a deep red as it always has. With it you feel… Whole. Like an arm you had been missing was mystically restored. Hefting it, you spin it around your neck before stopping it to rest over one shoulder.

Turning to leave, you catch sight of those pictures on your dresser.

[ ] Leave them behind. You paid a lot for them and you’ll probably only end up ruining them.
[ ] Take only Tokiko’s picture; you’re not sure you’ll ever see Pops again so you don’t want to ruin the only picture you have of him.
[ ] Take only Pops’ picture; you know Tokiko won’t let you hear the end of it if she catches you carrying around her picture.
[ ] Take both pictures. Ahh, nostalgia~
If you take either of them:

[ ] Pocket them in your gi. (sleeve pockets only)
[ ] Put them in your pack.
[ ] One in each.
>> No. 18001
>you’re not sure you’ll ever see Pops again so you don’t want to ruin the only picture you have of him.

Shit. I was thinking that maybe the SDM crew had met him and we could use the photo as proof of who we are, but now i'm not so sure...

[X]Hide Pops' photo somewhere safe. Take Tokiko's photo and throw it on the lake.

...lol, jk.
[X]Take none.
>> No. 18002
[x] Take only Pops’ picture; you know Tokiko won’t let you hear the end of it if she catches you carrying around her picture.
[x] Put them in your pack.
>> No. 18004
[X] Take both pictures. Ahh, nostalgia~
[X] Pocket them in your gi. (sleeve pockets only)

With Tokiko's picture in the left sleeve pocket, close to our heart.
And if she finds out: tsuntsun-Tokiko moe~
>> No. 18005
[x] Take only Tokiko’s picture
[x] Pocket them in your gi

In before picture falls out during combat.
>> No. 18006
[X] Take only Tokiko’s picture; you’re not sure you’ll ever see Pops again so you don’t want to ruin the only picture you have of him.
[X] Put them in your pack.
>> No. 18012
[+] Take both pictures. Ahh, nostalgia~
[+] Pocket them in your gi.
Just seems like a decent way to do things.
>> No. 18024
[X] Take only Tokiko’s picture; you’re not sure you’ll ever see Pops again so you don’t want to ruin the only picture you have of him.
[X] Pocket them in your gi.
>> No. 18027
[x] Take both pictures. Ahh, nostalgia~
[x] Put them in your pack.

Since we probably won't be coming back here, and because you don't ignore a macguffin.

Tokiko's to show people what she looks like when she inevitably becomes separated from us, and Shaolinonymous' because someone at /sdm/ might have history with him.
>> No. 18032
[x] Take only Tokiko’s picture; you’re not sure you’ll ever see Pops again so you don’t want to ruin the only picture you have of him.
[x] Put them in your pack.

Carryin' around a photo of Tokiko, eh?
>> No. 18033
[x] Take both pictures. Ahh, nostalgia~
[x] Pocket them in your gi.
[x] Make sure there's no way you cna lose them.
>> No. 18153
After what happened to the well, you really wonder how safe your house will be while you’re gone today. Your heart pangs at the thought of something happening to these trinkets. Picking up Tokiko’s picture frame, you twist the hasp on the back and open the frame.

Another piece of paper other than Toki’s picture is in the frame.

“Ah, this old thing,” you say holding your old spell card. Basic danmaku was always easy, but Tokiko always hassled you for not taking it seriously. And how could you?
Some silly game a shrine maiden forced onto everyone based on making everything “fair” between humans and youkai? Too bad life isn’t fair. Basing a fight around something less tangible than strength and experience, danmaku did nothing but undermine mortality and belittle conflict. She might as well have forced everyone to play checkers to settle conflicts. All she did was shift power to people like her, and allowed weaker people to cower behind a game where no one can die.

You sigh in frustration, but ultimately you let it go as you always have.

Taking Pops’ picture from its frame, you pocket the two pictures and spell card in the pocket up your sleeve.

You heft your pack over your free shoulder, grab your extra sandwich, and head out along your usual path.

[ ] Scan the forest constantly; no telling what’s out there… waiting…
[ ] Scan the forest now and then; you’re a bit worried, but you don’t know whether someone has a grudge against you or stone wells in general.
[ ] Whistle while you walk. It’ll help pass the time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updating while constantly anticipating HY. His thread fills in mere hours while mine have taken a week each. I'm in awe.
>> No. 18157
[X] Scan the forest now and then; you’re a bit worried, but you don’t know whether someone has a grudge against you or stone wells in general.

>His thread fills in mere hours while mine have taken a week each. I'm in awe.
I know, right? Man's a machine.
>> No. 18158
{X} Scan the forest now and then.

~
>> No. 18159
>>18157
It also doesn't hurt that the voting period is barely minutes long before he can start writing again. I'm usually waiting two hours just to get back a decisive vote.
>> No. 18160
[x] Scan the forest now and then; you don’t know whether someone has a grudge against you or stone wells in general, but you do know you want to kick his ass.
[x] Whistle while you walk. Let this nerd think he's getting the drop on you.
>> No. 18164
[x] Scan the forest now and then; you don’t know whether someone has a grudge against you or stone wells in general, but you do know you want to kick his ass.
[x] Whistle while you walk. Let this nerd think he's getting the drop on you.

Ambushing the ambush party, sounds good to me.
>> No. 18166
[x] Scan the forest now and then; you don’t know whether someone has a grudge against you or stone wells in general, but you do know you want to kick his ass.
[x] Whistle while you walk. Let this nerd think he's getting the drop on you.
>> No. 18170
Taking the path at a leisurely pace, you munch on that last sandwich as you casually look off into the distance.

First to the right.

And then the left.

Taking your time and occasionally tightening your grip on the partisan. You finish the sandwich licking some crumbs off you fingers. Right and left. Right and left. The sun slowly reaches a noon high as you start to whistle an aloof melody.

Not thinking about anything in particular, you realize something. Tokiko’s story this morning; something about it seemed off. You recount what you remember of it. Being robbed yesterday and again this morning. She rushed to your house because she didn’t trust the smell of her clothes. She rushed to your…

You stop dead in your tracks as it hits you. With no discarded clothing in your room, Tokiko must have rushed to your house in… in nothing much at all really.

Your face flushes a bit as your mind wanders on the thought of her subtle hourglass figure covered in scant black and blue lace. Her smooth skin flush from the embarrassment as her wings fold shyly over her bare midriff trying to cover what little they can. Her long legs…

You shake your head to clear your thoughts, feeling a tad awkward for thinking about Toki’ that way.

As your feet start to move again, you haven’t noticed the presence of something behind you. Something sharp presses into your back.

“BOO!”

Your partisan flies in an arc around you with all the tension left in you. As the voice registers mid swing, you pull the blade to a stop, a few scant feet away from the beaming face of Rumia holding a twig.

“I got you back for earlier, Mr. Ghost~” She says. Blissfully unaware of how close you were to scaring her face or worse. You’re silently glad you didn’t walk down this path expecting a fight.

“H-Hey, Rumia…” Is all you can think to say hefting the pole arm back over your shoulder.

[ ] Talk while you walk. Bring up Toki and ask Rumia to help carry you to the island.
[ ] Talk while you walk. Ask her about herself.
[ ] Excuse yourself. You’re in a hurry, no time to talk.
[ ] Keep walking. Let her start the conversation.
>> No. 18171
[X] Talk while you walk. Ask her about herself.
[X] Talk while you walk. Bring up Toki and ask Rumia to help carry you to the island.
>> No. 18172
[x] Talk while you walk. Ask her what she knows about the mansion on the island.
>> No. 18173
{X} Talk while you walk. Ask her about herself.
{X} Talk while you walk. Bring up Toki and ask Rumia to help carry you to the island.
>> No. 18177
[X] Keep walking. Let her start the conversation.

"So, uh, live around here much?"
>> No. 18234
>Toki’

Tokiko-moe~

{X} Talk while you walk. Ask her about herself.
{X} Talk while you walk. Bring up Toki and ask Rumia to help carry you to the island.

Have to pass time while walking somehow.
>> No. 18370
[x] Talk while you walk. Ask her about herself.
[x] Talk while you walk. Bring up Toki and ask Rumia to help carry you to the island.
>> No. 18372
[x] Talk while you walk. Ask her about herself.
[x] Talk while you walk. Bring up Toki and ask Rumia to help carry you to the island.

Pwnzed by Rumia....
Also, bandwagoning.
>> No. 18686
[X] Kill her
[X] Go meet Toki
>> No. 18718
update
>> No. 18786
As you begin down the path again, Rumia tosses the twig into the trees.
You’re a bit surprised you didn’t notice her sooner, especially given that it is as easily as dark as late evening now even though the sun is barely past its noon high.

“You really shouldn’t surprise me like that,” you say in all seriousness, “I’m more dangerous than I look you know.” Rumia just giggles at the prospect.

“Is that so~?” She smiles as she floats ahead of you. “Well, that goes for me too.” The world becomes darker as she demonstrates her point. So dark you’re now walking the path more by memory than anything else.

“Rumia?” Asking the patch of darkness ahead, you realize everything has disappeared entirely now. Only the knowledge that the path is straight and the feeling of soft dirt rather than grass remind you you’re not wandering off the path.

A silence drags on for a few moments, and you wonder if Rumia is even floating in front of you anymore.

“So, are you the kind of person I can eat?” She says somewhere ahead of you, “People take me too lightly when they see me, but they gotta know better and run away when things get dark!” Her voice trails of into a whisper as she begins to giggle quickly and softly. Honestly, it’s unnerving to say the least.

“Um, Rumia that’s a bit creepy, and you’re not going to eat me.”

“Last words~?” Her melodic voice whispers, her breath now on your neck. Her petite form presses against your chest. Her nails digging into your collar bone.

Not too worried you daintily grab her arms by the wrists and pull them off of you. Your strength easily dwarfing hers as her strength would a human’s. “Despite how I look, I’m a youkai too you know.” The darkness lifts almost entirely, and Rumia, pulling her arms from your grip, rubs her wrists while puffing her cheeks out.

“Aww, I thought you might be,” she pouts, “you being able to see through my darkness an’ being strong an’ all, but there’s too many strange humans now-a-days.” She starts to smile and laugh again; her giggle is no longer manic. “At least I don’t have to kill you for seeing what I really look like now.” She brings her fore finger to her lips. “Just don’t go telling everyone, ‘kay?!”

Still walking at along the path, you take a few hurried steps to move Rumia’s floating figure to the side before she backs into a low tree branch. She mummers a bashful thank you, and you smile. You’re now somewhat curious as to how often she runs into trees.

"So, uh, could you tell me about yourself?" You say hesitantly. Worried you might be being a little too forward.

“Eh~? Why so curious, Mr. Ghost?” Rumia chides gently. “We did just meet this morning.”

“Well,” you answer in all seriousness, “I’ve never met another completely human looking youkai like myself.”

Rumia’s smile slips a little as she tilts her head down and to the side. Her hand hovers unconsciously over the ribbon in her hair before she pulls her arm down quickly and begins knocking non-existent dust off her skirt. No longer carrying its melodic charm, her voice is steady and devoid of emotion.

“Fear born from darkness incarnate.
Red eyes in the mirror.
The noise underneath a bed.
A monster in the closet.”

Rumia’s voice trails off and is again replaced with her usual tones as though nothing happened. Nothing at all.

“I don’t live anywhere specific like the other youkai who believe in that territory stuff. I go wherever I want. Especially if it’s dark. I love the dark.” She grins, her red eyes avoiding your own as her face flushes. “You live somewhere around here right?”

“Yeah,” You point back the way you came, “I live right down that way.”

She nods slowly to herself.

“Is it bright?”

[ ] “Darker than the deepest cave.”
[ ] “It’s very dark.”
[ ] “No.”
[ ] “Sometimes.”
[ ] “Yes.”
[ ] “It’s very bright.”
[ ] “Brighter than the sun.”
[ ] Bring up your plan now... NOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'twas sick tuesday. Had to do tuesday's and wednesday's work on wednesday, and though I tried to stay up and write late wednesday, the dialog felt artificial at best. Also this was about to end up four or five pages long, it felt too auto-piloty. SO GET TO VOTIN' I'm writing all night tonight.
>> No. 18787
[X] “Sometimes.”
[X] Bring up your plan now... NOW!
>> No. 18791
[X] Very bright

Don't want Rumia messing up our stuffs at home while we are away. And is the last choice supposed to avoid the question?
>> No. 18798
[X] "As dark as you want it to be."

Flirtin' with Rumia games.
>> No. 18810
[ ] “Sometimes.”
[ ] Bring up your plan now... NOW!
>> No. 18815
[+] “Sometimes.”
[+] Bring up your plan now!
>> No. 18821
[x] “Sometimes.”
[x] Bring up your plan now... NOW!

Humdedum
>> No. 18822
>I'm writing all night tonight.
>> No. 18828
[x] "As dark as you want it to be."

I like this.
>> No. 18835
>>18822
4 hours waiting for a winning vote immediately soured the idea. What's that work out to be? 2 updates if I pulled an all-nighter? Not to mention that I do have to get up for work.
>> No. 18838
{X} "As dark as you want it to be."

ಠ‿ಠ
>> No. 18839
[X] "As dark as you want it to be."
>> No. 18843
[X] "As dark as you want it to be."

Too good to pass up a flirting.
>> No. 18844
[Q] "As dark as you want it to be."

Eh, why not.
>> No. 18859
[X] "As dark as you want it to be."

wandbagon

>[ ] Bring up your plan now... NOW!

PLAN? WHAT PLAN?

FORD THAT RIVER NIGGER. FORD.
>> No. 18860
[x] “Sometimes.”
[x] Bring up your plan.
>> No. 18892
update
>> No. 18894
>>18786
New voter here.
[X] “Sometimes.”
[X] Bring up your plan now... NOW!
>> No. 18896
[X] "As dark as you want it to be."
>> No. 18897
[X] "As dark as you want it to be."
this sounds fun!
>> No. 18900
Voting accounted for. Writing in progress. Expect post in the afternoon. SA will consume a lot of my time until I beat extra.
>> No. 18928
>>18900
>until I beat extra

It was fun to have you around Mystia.
>> No. 18932
File 121906945656.jpg - (70.96KB , 640x480 , Success.jpg ) [iqdb]
18932
“As dark as you want it to be.” You say with a sly grin on your face.

Rumia tries to cover her cheeks as they become tinted pink. Her blonde hair falling like a curtain over her eyes, her delicate figure is racked with a fit of quiet giggles. The light around her wavers like the light from a campfire.

You’re a bit sad that this moment won’t last much longer. Still floating backwards as you walk in her wake, Rumia jumps in surprise when you allow her to run into a familiar wall of vines and twigs.

Tokiko’s nest…

A large one room hut that from a distance just looks like a small hill covered in dense forest. Even up close it might as well be a tangled mass of trees, but after passing through some gaps hidden by hanging vines, and low branches, you find a circular clearing easily fifty feet in diameter with a vast sweep of leaves and branches stretching overhead.

Broken parasols, umbrellas, squares of tarp, stain glass windows, and yellow raincoats line the ceiling, intertwined in the thick of branches or nailed to them. The light filtering inside in multicolored streaks that change throughout the day is almost as impressive as the fact that even the heaviest rains can barely make it through that haphazard roof.

The outer ring of the floor was a mesh of flat stones, the grass that lined the entire floor, and leaves. It always reminded you of a worn village path. Beyond that, the grassy floor descended smoothly toward the center, and in the center of the nest, the largest tree in the area stood providing the majority of the ceiling with its heavy set branches.

At its base, a tall pile of blankets in a variety of sizes and shapes made for Toki’s bed. Around it a large halo of dead grass marks where Toki’s missing books used to lay.

“Wow,” Rumia whispers behind you.

You realize now that you have no idea how Toki’ will react to you bringing Rumia into her house.

Tokiko, thankfully, is not in sight yet.

[ ] Ask Rumia to leave. Uninvited guests are not invited.
[ ] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.
[ ] Do nothing. You’re sure no one will bring it up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>18928
>It was fun to have you around Mystia.

It is fun being around Anon.
>> No. 18933
[Q] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.
>> No. 18934
[x] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.

Or will she?!
>> No. 18941
[x] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.

Foom, foom!
>> No. 18944
{X} Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.

Bookbird is chill.
>> No. 18946
[x] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.
>> No. 18951
[x] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.
>> No. 18953
[X] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind.
>> No. 18956
Work/headache planned for the afternoon. Update will be either late or next morning. If lucky I can type one out while in pain.
>> No. 18957
>>18932
Congratulations, yo.

How was it? Never actually been able to handle Extra, my best's a 1cc on PCB Hard.
>> No. 18959
[x] Introduce Rumia as a friend when Tokiko shows up. Toki’ probably won’t mind. (Outwardly, at least...)
>> No. 18990
>>18957

How was it??? In one word; Fun. In more than one word, I can honestly say it wasn't nearly the most difficult extra, though it does have the most difficult spell, in an extra, I've tried to beat. Also, for some reason the final spell is a LOT stronger than every other final extra spell. The thing has added endurance to make you have to at least last for 50 plus seconds of dodging. I guess it kind of makes up for a sub par difficulty on the second to last spell, but come on. Also the new spinning spell is creative. I like it.

To sum up:

Midboss' 3 spells: Not horrible, but not easy. About average for extra.
1st spell: About as easy as it should be, quick memory and dodging are all that's necessary.
2nd spell: Too easy. Especially for an extra.
3rd & 4th spell: SUDDENLY HEARTS. Both are equally easy. But DAMN I enjoy hearts.
5th spell: ROTATING WITH A TWIST! I LOVE IT!
6th spell: Dodge crap. Difficult enough that I don't hate it, but nothing special.
7th spell: LOVE THIS SHIT!
8th spell: Dodge ALOT of crap. Actually similar to 6 but much more difficult. Still haven't captured it or even hypothesized how without massive dodging skills. ONLY EXTRA SPELL I'VE NEVER CAPTURED AND DON'T PLAN TO. I'm not sure I ever will...
9th spell: Dodge till time runs out. Gives me a heart attack, but it's short enough that I still find it easier than Flandre's and Yukari's 2nd to last spell if more difficult than Moukou's.
Last spell: Why the fuck isn't she taking much damage? This spell has been going for an eternity! Sweet jesus, I've been shooting her since I was five years old!


And thus ends my rant on how I feel about the new extra.
Now to get back to writing...
>> No. 19001
>>18990

Oh, hey >>18986

Get to work nigger, this board is dead.
>> No. 19003
File 121919362444.jpg - (67.60KB , 455x640 , 001tokiko.jpg ) [iqdb]
19003
With a few seconds thought, you decide it’s probably best to just introduce Rumia as a friend. Tokiko wouldn’t mind you bringing a friend into her house. You think. You honestly never had another friend other than Tokiko. What would she think?

“Muttley!” Toki’s voice rings out in an excited tone, “What took you so long?”

Tokiko flies down from somewhere in the branches on the other side of her room, no longer wearing your clothes, but her usual outfit. Black, steel toe boots with thick soles. Lacey white socks that hang folded loosely over her boot tops cover her soft skin that is hidden quickly by her low hanging dress. The black dress itself is rimmed in white trim with two stripes of sky blue lace down the front. Her waist is enveloped in a corset of the same sky blue as the lace on her dress and the blue streaks in her hair, showing off her subtle hourglass figure. Her shoulders and neck are surrounded in black fabric that falls over the corset in two tapered ends. Large and thin white sleeves consume her entire arms ending just short of her hands in wide cuffs. Thin black ribbons tied above her elbows keep the fabric close to her skin while the fabric around her forearms billow wildly. A large black ribbon at the head of her dress tops it all off.

Tokiko is holding two large pieces of fruit awkwardly in her arms. Holding one out to you, she catches sight of Rumia floating behind you. Her eyes narrow as her wings fold against her body.

"Who's she?" Her eye are staring daggers at Rumia who is now slowly covering herself in darkness.

"Tok... Dastardly, this is Rumia. She's a friend." Tokiko stares at Rumia as she nods slowly. Her wings spreading a little at least tells you she's relaxing. A knowing smile spreads across her face as she forces the fruit into your arms.

"Ahhhh... A friend," Toki' breaths. The way she says friend strikes a chord to you, but Rumia is luckily too far away to hear.

"Well, Muttley and Friend!" Dastardly seems to be entirely absorbed in her role now, "It's time to enact my greatest plan of REVENGE to date!" Dastardly spreads her wings wide. "And as first order of business , getting Muttley to the island, I've..."

"Dastardly," you interrupt, "I put some thought into it and realize that if Rumia's willing to help, the two of you can probably carry me to that island easily!"

Looking at Rumia expectantly, she just shrugs and smiles. "Sure, but what are you guys doing?"

"Robbing the red mansion on the lake." Dastardly says it as if we were going on a fishing trip.

"Is that so~?"

Tokiko pauses a moment looking at Rumia before she turns to you again.

"That plan..." She stops short. Tokiko looks at you for the longest time . Her face blank before she draws her eyebrows low and lets her lips twist into a smirk.

"REJECTED!" Her wings cross in front of her in an 'X'. "Nice try though, Muttley, but I've already procured the necessary mode of water transportation to the red mansion. We'd need it in any case in order to transport the full volume of my collection that has been stolen from me!" She shakes a wing at the air, stomping angrily on the circle of dead grass where piles upon piles of books had been laying the previous night.

"Now," Dastardly continues, " we'd still have to find a way to sneak in once we get there, but with my INGENIOUS SCHEMES, I'm sure that will be no trouble at all. What is it?!" She points a wing straight at Rumia who has begun giggling loudly.

"You'll never, ever get past the Scarlet Mansion guards if you go by lake or sky." She smiles calmly, "But I know a way in that they'd never expect." A devilish smile appears on Rumia's innocent face.

You realize Tokiko has been glancing down at the untouched fruit in your hand every few seconds now. Oh...

[ ] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
[ ] Do not eat it. You're full.

and

[ ] A boat sounds like a good idea. We'll improvise sneaking in when we get there.
[ ] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in. Let go with that.

and

[ ] "Wait! Why in the world are you helping us Rumia?"
[ ] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linux, Mac, and Windows all had a part in my writing this. As I move from place to place while trying to keep my mind on writing while doing other things entirely. This update probably sucks by the way.
>> No. 19004
[X] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
It'll be thrown up at the sight of Tokiko's corpse anyway.

[X] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in. Let go with that.

[X] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"

So, we are supposed to bomb after Tokiko dies in order to prevent her from dying?
>> No. 19006
>>19004
Maybe.

Changing a necessary event in the line of events up to that moment will be easy. (A single bomb or a couple good write-ins)

Changing the event that is the sum of many events is difficult. (Multiple BOMBs and my pity)
>> No. 19009
>>19006

Hey, you won't be giving many bombs, will you? These bombs have a huge potential to make the story easy modo.
>> No. 19010
>>19009
Story is like mountain climbing. The air's only gonna get thinner and the paths steeper. Be glad you get what you get. BOMBs won't make anything easy mode after chapter 2.
>> No. 19013
[x] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
[x] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in, but we need the boat to carry the books out. Maybe a compromise?
[x] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"
[x] "Rumia if you're helping us, you'll need a code name."
[x] Snidely

As in Snidely Whiplash.
>> No. 19015
[x] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
[x] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in. Let go with that.
[x] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"

Hummmmm. Toki' is a funny bird.
>> No. 19018
[x] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
[x] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in, but we need the boat to carry the books out. Maybe a compromise?
[x] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"

New voter here.
>> No. 19019
[x] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
[x] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in, but we need the boat to carry the books out. Maybe a compromise?
[x] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"
[x] "Rumia if you're helping us, you'll need a code name."
[x] Snidely
>> No. 19021
[x] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
[x] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in, but we need the boat to carry the books out. Maybe a compromise?
[x] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"
[x] "Rumia if you're helping us, you'll need a code name."
[x] "That darn pigeon"
>> No. 19022
Giving Rumia a codename? I can already see the ending. YoukaiAnon will fit in perfectly with the nineball jokester crew.
>> No. 19027
>>19022

This is just the bit of absurdist levity that proceeds the sudden shift to GRIMDARK.
>> No. 19028
These votes win.

[x] Eat it though you're full. Be polite.
[x] Rumia sounds like she knows a good way in, but we need the boat to carry the books out. Maybe a compromise?
[x] "Wait! Where did you get that boat, Dastardly?"

But now, because of the compromise you must choose.

[ ] Tokiko
[ ] Rumia

and because of write in:

"Muttley's Friend," Dastardly corners Rumia, "if you're helping us, I can't call you that forever; waaaay too generic. From now on..." Rumia flinches as dastardly points a wing in her face.

[ ] "you shall be MUMBLY!"
[ ] "you will be SNIDELY"
[ ] "you look like THAT DARN PIGEON"
[ ] "...NEVERMIND! YOU'RE NOT WORTH A NICKNAME!" (Muttley's Friend/That one girl, ya know, the one with the ribbon)
>> No. 19029
[x] Rumia
[x] "you will be SNIDELY"

in b4 "Is that so~?"
>> No. 19030
[X] Tokiko
[ ] Rumia

I'm not sure what we're voting for here so I'll just pick Tokiko.

[X] "you will be SNIDELY"
>> No. 19031
[X] Tokiko
[X] "you will be SNIDELY"
>> No. 19032
[+] Tokiko
I'm not sure what the choice here is about. But I like our dear bookbird.
[+] "you will be SNIDELY"
>> No. 19035
[x] Tokiko
[x] "you will be SNIDELY"
If it's right to speak of targets, I guess I've settled on Tokiko by now...so votin' for her even though I have no idea what it's for.
And Snidely [Whiplash]...how can I not vote for that?


>>19027
>This is just the bit of absurdist levity that proceeds the sudden shift to GRIMDARK.
Gah! The GRIMDARK is always worse when they do that.
>> No. 19036
[x] Tokiko
[x] "you will be SNIDELY"

Really not sure what I'm voting for with the first part, but whatever.
>> No. 19038
[x] Tokiko
[x] "...NEVERMIND! YOU'RE NOT WORTH A NICKNAME!" (Muttley's Friend/That one girl, ya know, the one with the ribbon)

Ironic seeing as most people forget Tokkio...
>> No. 19042
>>19038
work, back to, etc.
>> No. 19044
Writesomethingso
methingwordsyada
yadafeelingwrong
sortakindacantth
inkradaradaradan
eedbreakupdatela
terwaitwhileimpr
ovewritingbadaba
>> No. 19085
Writing now...
>> No. 19088
>>19085

hooray!
>> No. 19090
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three inches.

Three inches was all the distance from your eyes to the impenetrable darkness ahead of you. An eerily short distance to see. To be consumed by. Constantly restricted to a three inch box of awareness. If the tunnel didn’t go wide here and there, if the ceiling didn’t force you to crawl now and then, if you didn’t find new rocks to catch your feet on, then you probably couldn’t convince yourself that you were actually moving at all.

The first hour wasn’t so bad. Odd candles, obviously magical, lit the tunnel when it dropped near vertically into the abyss. Seeing them come and go between patches of darkness assured you of progress. Now nothing was certain, and despite being at peace this morning, all this time without seeing anything but the outline of your nose was starting to get to you, so much so that you hoped you weren’t just imagining that outline now.

Moving ever downward. The impossibly steep angle at which the tunnel began may have flattened enough to walk clumsily, but clumsily might be too nice of a way to describe it.
Using your hands to follow the earthen side of the tunnel, you began to use your partisan like a walking stick. You had to stop doing that though when Toki tripped falling into you. A quick move of your arm luckily kept her from cutting herself on it. You’ve carried it as close to vertical as you could ever since.

If Rumia were with you, that darkness might be a bit less unnerving. You could guess she’d be comfortable without any light around, and her comfort would help keep you calm.

Instead Tokiko’s constant string of whispered complaints does nothing for your nerves. Whispered because the echoes carried words far into the dark depths, reminding us of exactly how far we had left to go. A distance we didn’t dwell on as time ticked on.

The warmth emanating from your partisan was a constant reminder of Pops’ lessons on level headedness. Repeating the lessons now and again was enough to keep the edge of madness at bay.

‘Keeping yourself calm (at least outwardly) will keep Toki’ calm’ You repeat this phrase in your mind every few minutes now. Tokiko’s complaints only came in the same steady cascade…

“…what was she thinking?!” Toki whispered vehemently for what you could only guess was the fifty seventh or fifty eighth time, “pleasant my butt! this place is just annoying! I don’t care about how secret it is anymore! I bet she’s giggling her little blonde head off up on that stupid boat…”

After hearing it so many times it finally makes you curious, “wait… where did you get that boat, dastardly?" You realize you’re whispering too, but it feels like the natural thing to do.

“just borrowing it…”

She stole it.

“from who…?”
“from whom…”
“fine. from whom…?”
“some villagers, i think…”
“you think…?”
“i’ll return it later…?”
“be sure to…”
“yeah, yeah, yeah…”
“the shrine girl might hear about it…”
“i can’t stand that bully miko…”
“me neither, the stupid miko…”
“always picking on me when i’m reading...”
“and breaking into the house…”
“she’s worse than any monster… hey what’s wrong?”

Tokiko complains as she ran into your back. You had stopped moving when the third voice joined the conversation. Tensed beyond need, your heart pounds knowing that fighting unable to see in this darkness with Toki’ nearby would be impossible.

You plant your feet heavily where you stand.

The earth below you gives way.

The fall isn’t far and you land on your feet. Your stomach lurches with the impact reminding you just how recently you had stuffed down a second meal when already full. The fruit had turned out to be a lot more filling than its size hinted.

You glance around quickly looking for the source of the third voice, but only find Tokiko landing on her backside in a pile of dirt beside you. Realizing gratefully that there is light to see by again, you note that you’re standing at the end of a flat tunnel; more magical torches flow off into the distance at regular intervals now and there are very few patches of complete darkness.

Looks like it’ll be a straight run from here.


[ ] Keep your stance; whoever owned that voice can’t be far behind.
[ ] Start a normal walking pace; Toki’ apparently didn’t notice, and you don’t want to freak her out.
[ ] Run. Run. RUN. RUN. RUN!
[ ] Vomit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> No. 19091
[X] Keep your stance; whoever owned that voice can’t be far behind.
>> No. 19093
[x] Pick up Tokiko
[x] Run. Run. RUN. RUN. RUN!

Exciting.
>> No. 19096
[x] Vomit

Get it out of the way so we can...

[x] Pick up Tokiko
[x] Run. Run. RUN. RUN. RUN!

fffffffffffffffffffff I'm thinking Flandre.
>> No. 19098
Trying to outrun Flandre? Ha ha ha...

[x] Keep your stance; whoever owned that voice can’t be far behind.
>> No. 19099
[+] Pick up Tokiko
[+] Run. Run. RUN. RUN. RUN!
>> No. 19101
>>19098
>Trying to outrun Flandre? Ha ha ha...
Don't underestimate the adopted son of ShaolinPops! That guy was pretty badass, after all; I'm sure he hammered some of that into us.

Though when I think about it...maybe it's one of the SA crew? Well, either way, running while carrying Toki' is good for amusement value.
>> No. 19102
>>19101
>good for amusement value
Tokiko is going to die if we fuck this up.
>> No. 19103
>>19101

I don't think Technique #00: Expeditious Retreat could be described in any way as being "badass".
>> No. 19105
>>19102
I doubt she'll die just due to this one choice. Besides that, it's uninteresting making YoukaiAnon take everything from now on as "WHOA, SERIOUS BUSINESS" because of a dream.
>> No. 19106
[ ] Start a normal walking pace; Toki’ apparently didn’t notice, and you don’t want to freak her out.
>> No. 19108
[ ] Start a normal walking pace; Toki’ apparently didn’t notice, and you don’t want to freak her out.
>> No. 19112
>>19095
vote changed:

[x] Start a normal walking pace; Toki’ apparently didn’t notice, and you don’t want to freak her out.

Chill.
>> No. 19114
[x] Freak out.
>> No. 19116
[ ] Start a normal walking pace; Toki’ apparently didn’t notice, and you don’t want to freak her out.

Bandwagon for expedience. We're going meet the SDM crew eventually, so we might as well give a good first impression.

Also we could probably bomb so that we don't fall down the pit, but I don't it'd convey real advantage.
>> No. 19132
I have work till 7:00 today; not enough free time to write till later, and I'll count the votes then.
>> No. 19147
>>19132

Start a new thread when you do; this one's in autosage.
>> No. 19168
>>19132

You should at least call the vote if you can't bring yourself to write.
>> No. 19169
>>19168
>You should at least call the vote if you can't bring yourself to write.

I'm at work, 'kay? I'm a bit busy... If someone didn't vote but still wants too they have the same right that everyone else does. I'll call it when I actually have the time to start writing.
>> No. 19171
>>19169
Here, I'll help.

[X] Keep your stance; whoever owned that voice can’t be far behind.: 2

[x] Pick up Tokiko
[x] Run. Run. RUN. RUN. RUN!: 3

[ ] Start a normal walking pace; Toki’ apparently didn’t notice, and you don’t want to freak her out.: 4

And make that last one five, with mine.
>> No. 19177
Work was rough. Commencing napping...
>> No. 19227
>>19177

That's some nap.
>> No. 19267
This board is plagued with writefag burnout.