[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121605845334.jpg - (200.31KB , 800x1130 , 37a496ec995dcfbdee30712ffea7918a.jpg ) [iqdb]
16700 No. 16700
You turn around.
"Don't-" The man starts, but you ignore him.

"Didn't expect me to be here, huh?"
"What, how the, wh-" You can only splutter with confusion.
"I asked you not to turn around." The man says. "She will only confuse you."
"Nah I won't." Mima says, putting her hands on her hips. "I'm here to help!" She's floating at her usual height, seemingly at ease inside this blank world of white. You notice in place of her legs she has only a long ghostly tail, tinted dark blue.
"Are you ... inside my head?" You ask.
Mima grins at you. "Sort of." She shrugs. "I can't see the dirty, unspeakable things you've been doing with your underaged vampire, if that's what you're worried about."
"Why are you here?" You ask, pointing at Mima, trying to ignore your embarrassment.
"What? Shouldn't I be? You thought I was going to miss this fight? I got front-row tickets here!" Mima gestures at the white space around you.

You hear a sigh from behind you. "You should not be here, ghost." The man says. "You will cloud his judgement."
"Ghost?!" Mima floats past you, expression turning angry. "Ghost?!" She yells. "I am a spirit! Not a ghost, the differences are many." She wags her finger. "I should just-"
"Mima." You say, voice firm. "Can we not change the subject? Why are you in my head?"
"Oh yes!" Mima spins back around to face you, side by side with the man now. "I can offer more than him."
The man shakes his head. "She is speaking of transformation."
"Transformation?" Mima glances at the man with a look of disgust. "I'm taking about making him a Youkai."
"What?" You ask.
"A monster!" The man says, voice angry. "You would make him a monster!"
"Wait a second. You loved a vampire once, are they not monsters?" You ask, confused.
The man shakes his head. "You misunderstand me. She, this Remilia, needs you precisely because you are human."
You frown. "Why?"
The man thinks for a moment, during which Mima pulls faces behind his back and makes an obscene gesture at you, suggesting you do something to her with your hips.
"I mean vampires are static creatures." The man says. "They are unnatural, if beautiful." You can see his features relax as he talks, voice filled with the memory of happiness. "They are problematic because they have no hold on the world outside themselves, on the beings around them, on the other. Vampire families come to see the humans around them as cattle, they go insane, tear themselves apart over the long centuries. Why do think the Scarlet bloodline has endured? Because it has always had humans in it. She needs you as you are, not as a monster to fuel her potential insanity and degeneration."

"Bullshit." Mima says. "I've been around longer than sword-boy here and I know a thing or two about pretty much everything." Mima looks smug, hands on hips. She grins to herself.
"Go on." You say.
"You're going to lose. That monster you're fighting is going to rip the sword out of your hands and pull your head off. Reimu is waiting for a clear shot, so the fight won't go on much longer, but you'll be dead!" Mima wags her finger at you. "The best he can do," She gestures at the man. "Is boost you a little."
"What can you do?"
"Like I said, make you a Youkai, it's painless. Like that, you won't even need to use the sword."
"Why do you have an interest in keeping me alive?"
You swear you see something change in Mima's face for a moment, a glimpse under her mocking, playful exterior. It is gone as soon as you saw it.
"Because spirit sex is shit." Mima says. "I want you whole and full of energy when I come to seduce you away from your under-sized lover." She licks her lips, suggestively.
The man scowls at Mima.

"Take my hand." He says, offering you it again. "Her way will only lead to madness and death in the end."
"Pfft!" Mima rolls her eyes. "Come on, take a risk." She runs her hands over her ample bust. "I'll give you a clear shot at me once this is all over."
You force the image from your mind. Now is not the time for that Mima.

[ ] Take the man's hand.
[ ] Accept Mima's offer.
[ ] Refuse them both.

>> No. 16701
[X] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16702
[x] Let her stay, unconditionally.
>> No. 16703
[X] Take the man's hand.

You could always ask mima about the offer afterwards...
>> No. 16704
[X] Take the man's hand.

Oh no you don't, Mima.
>> No. 16705
Hahahaha, oh wow. That's a tempting offer, but sword guy's clearly the force for good here, and nothing should be more in our interests than to protect the Scarlets.
[ ] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16706
[X] Take the man's hand.

As tempting as your offer is Mima..
>> No. 16707
[x] Take the man's hand.

TRUE END, HERE WE COME!
>> No. 16708
[x] Take the man's hand.
Feed us with despair, HY
>> No. 16709
[ ] Take the man's hand

He has a point about being a youkai
>> No. 16711
[X] Accept Mima's offer.

Foolishness, Anon. FOOLISHNESS.
Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.
>> No. 16712
☑ Take the man's hand.

Sorry, Mima, if someone's going to seduce us away it'll be Koakuma.
>> No. 16713
[X] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16714
[ ] Take the man's hand.

If Remi wanted him a yokai she would've bitten him.
>> No. 16715
>>16714

Doesn't work that way.
>> No. 16716
So, basically, we can accept Swordy's offer to boost our power in exchange for protecting Remilia, maintaining our humanity and pretty much condemning ourselves to an inevitable death in the future.
Accept Mima's offer, on the other hand, and we will forsake our humanity but gain not only enough power to win but will ensure we will live much longer with Remilia than we would otherwise. ...unfortunately, doing so might be at the risk of eventually driving our beloved into becoming something like the very creature we're trying to destroy.

Goddamn it. And becoming a youkai sounds like it could be so fun, otherwise.
>> No. 16717
[X] Refuse them both.

You don't need either.
>> No. 16719
[ ] Refuse them both.
Just to be different. Also, unless Mima can read the future I'd take her death-prediction with a pinch of salt.
>> No. 16720
[X] Accept them both.
>> No. 16721
[X] Take the man's hand.

What a slut.
>> No. 16723
[x] Take the man's hand.

Life is beautiful because it is fleeting. Immortality and super longevity are practically a curse. I say Anon's flame burns bright, quick, and true.
>> No. 16724
>>16721
>>You swear you see something change in Mima's face for a moment, a glimpse under her mocking, playful exterior.
There's something more there, it's just we don't have a freakin' clue what it is.
>> No. 16725
[x] Accept Mima's offer.

Swordy's point is valid, but extremely flawed in one regard: he knows absolutely nothing at all about the world outside.

Things have changed considerably since his memory became part of the sword, and Gensokyo is a very different place than the lands the Scarlet family once called home. Humans live side-by-side with countless creatures who should view them as little more than cattle, yet they maintain fairly civil relations most of the time.
If the numerous youkai who call this place home can live with the creatures they're naturally inclined to devour, surely a vampire who doesn't even drink enough blood to turn her victims can manage just fine, especially with plenty of support from her friends and loved ones.
>> No. 16728
[x]Take the man's hand.

This is the only path, I have no regrets.
>> No. 16729
If we maintain our humanity, and somehow manage to survive this, can we at least ask Eirin about maybe getting us some of that Hourai Elixir?
>> No. 16731
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16734
[x] Accept Mima's offer.

If we maintain our humanity here, and we're lucky enough to live, then we'll live with Remi and grow old, die, and fade from her memory after a few hundred years.

Swordy speaks of maintaining the Scarlet bloodline as it has always been maintained. He speaks the same type of speech that Sakuya did. He is the old, his ways lead to stagnation.
>> No. 16736
[X] Take the man's hand.

Remi wants us as we are.
>> No. 16737
I don't think there is no other way to become a youkai if we surwiwe this..
>> No. 16738
[x] Refuse them both.
[x] activate vampire hunter mode
[x] drop sword
[x] evasive movement
[x] use whip and kick ass
>> No. 16739
>>Life is beautiful because it is fleeting. Immortality and super longevity are practically a curse.

Unless you happen to live in a place where the average age of most of the population is counted in the hundreds and thousands. Then it just means that much more time to party and drink tea.

Seriously, if you're immortal or exceptionally long-lived in a place like Gensokyo, and you're doing that whole "immortal ANGST" routine, you're really not making the most of your situation. Have fun with it! Throw a party! Go drinking with the oni! Trigger some crisis that gets the armpit miko to come after you, throw around some multi-colored bullets for a little while!

If Kaguya and Mokou could find things to occupy their infinite amount of time aside from strangling each other with their own intestines, there's no reason anyone else couldn't do the same.
>> No. 16740
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16742
[X] Refuse them both.

Both ways lead to dead ends. Mima already let slip what we need to know - just give Reimu a clear shot.
>> No. 16743
>>If we maintain our humanity here, and we're lucky enough to live, then we'll live with Remi and grow old, die, and fade from her memory after a few hundred years.

>>Swordy speaks of maintaining the Scarlet bloodline as it has always been maintained. He speaks the same type of speech that Sakuya did. He is the old, his ways lead to stagnation.

Listen to this man. This whole time we've been against Sakuya for attempting to maintain the status quo of the mansion simply because that is the way it's always been. Because it's "safe" and "stable" even if it wasn't the best way to keep everyone happy.

Yet now, faced with someone else who wishes to keep things the way they are and opposes the very idea that there could be another, better way, just like Sakuya was, and we're going to go along with him just like that?
>> No. 16744
[x] Take the man's hand.

If you guys want immortality there are better ways than becoming Mima's personal ghost-bitch. By the way, it is canon that she wants revenge on "the entire human race." Just throwing that out there.
>> No. 16745
>>Life is beautiful because it is fleeting. Immortality and super longevity are practically a curse.

Youkai aren't immortal, they can die. It's hard to kill one, but they do all eventually meet their end. If we were drinking the Hourai Elixir you might have a point, but this is different.
>> No. 16746
>>16744

It's also canon that she's been an evil spirit for so long that she's forgotten why she is one, and her evilness has almost totally "fallen off."
>> No. 16747
>>16739
Yukari pulls pranks to keep from going nuts and prevents Gensokyo from becoming stagnants. Everyone has their own way of breaking the tedium and staying sane (except for Alice; those dolls are going to be an outlet for multiple personalities I tell you!)

Admittedly, Gensokyo is an ideal place for immortals since there are so many others. But still, everything loses its novelty over time. Everything.
>> No. 16748
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16749
[X] Accept Mima's offer.

We said it to Remilia, didn't we? She can count on the friends she's made. I'd like to think that Mima, as much of a pain as she can be, is still one of those friends.
>> No. 16751
>>16743
>>Yet now, faced with someone else who wishes to see us protect the Scarlets, just like Sakuya does, and we're going to go along with him just like that?
Fixed that typo for ya. Besides, we're not even sure what Mima's really offering us; whether there'll be strings attached, whether we'll change our appearance, lose our personality, become more bestial, or what.
>> No. 16752
[x] Take the man's hand.
Embrace the sword. Then get the vamp thing to embrace it.
>> No. 16753
>>16751
But the surprise is part of the fun!
>> No. 16754
>>16753
Not when you've gone through 46 threads trying to get a Good End, it isn't.
>> No. 16755
>>16754
If we manage to get a good end here, it will almost make up for MiG.
>> No. 16756
Could Anon become a youkai from Mima possessing him? Because that would be interesting. No telling what she'd do with is body.

"Finally! After ten thousand year's I'm free! Its time to conquer earth!"
>> No. 16757
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16758
>>16754
If it's a Good End you want, would accepting the sword be the way to go about it, I wonder?

Agreeing to remain human and become a protector of the Scarlet family seems more like the path to the True End, to me.

Of course, by "True End" I mean the one where it's supposed to be good but has ourselves or someone we care about die tragically to make it more "meaningful" or whatever, typically in a noble act of self-sacrifice.

To hell with that.
>> No. 16759
>>16756
Well, shit. I'm never going to be able to read any dialogue from Mima without hearing it in Rita's voice from now on.
>> No. 16760
You know what, if Remi's going to lose it if we're not around as a human, then she'll do it anyway after we die as a human. This is Gensokyo, for fuck's sake, human isn't the status quo anymore.

...We have time for questions, don't we?

[x] Ask Mima if we'll retain our memories, personality and free will.

If that's all clear,
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16761
[X] Accept Mima's offer.

Ok, I was wrong about the thing behind us being evil.
Maybe.
>> No. 16762
[x] Take the man's hand.
Trust the sword that protects the Scarlets, or an evil spirit who wants to seduce us away from Remilia? Yeah, tricky one.
>> No. 16763
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16764
[ ] Refuse both

Mima's a given, she's on our ignore list. Period. (Giving up a EXTREMELY TEMPTING ghost blowjob for the good of the SDM... we better get hella-rewarded for this!)

The spirit of the sword is basically going to strengthen us to take out this monster, yet in actuality, we can NEVER defeat it. It's Remi's "sin" to bear, and only she can destroy it. On top of that, we're going to die regardless of his help or not, so may as well deal the mortal wound ourselves and let Remi's VAMPIRE SMASH! it to death to avenge us.

And do I need to add that this spirit is Remi's former "lover" who she's forgot and he has as well? Yeah, do not want to become a creepy spirit offering advice how to swing a sword at crucial moments in the future.
>> No. 16765
So let me get all this straight; we were perfectly willing to trust in the sword's power as a protector of the Scarlet bloodline, until of course it actually tries to help us, at which point we must refuse its help and side with an evil spirit we barely know and who has been nothing but antagonistic towards us.

Dumb anonymous is dumb.
>> No. 16766
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
To hell with True End. I've always hated the Heroic Sacrifice bullshit anyway.
>> No. 16767
>>16765
so far she has been quite helpful, actually.

also, if you want to swing that 'barely knows' thing, we don't know Swordy all that well either.
>> No. 16768
[x] Accept both of their offers.

We can, can't we?
>> No. 16769
[] Take the man's hand.
We will do this right. Join me!
>> No. 16770
[X] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16771
On the bright side, no matter how things turn out, we've done plenty of good already.
Remilia knows that she has friends and people who care about her. That she called upon so many to help her with this fight shows she's made big strides since we first came here.

Even if our current course of action results in our untimely demise, forcing Remilia to watch as her beloved's head is ripped off and his body torn to pieces, showering her in the blood and shredded viscera of what used to be her lover, she'll have plenty of people around to help her through the grieving process afterward.

If we had enough conscious to be aware of anything other than the brief moment of indescribable agony we would be experiencing, I am sure we would find comfort in that fact, along with the knowledge that we kept our word to protect her to the very end.
>> No. 16772
[+] Save in Slot 1
[+] Take the man's hand
>> No. 16773
>>16771
...except we won't. because we'd be dead.
>> No. 16774
>>16773
That's why I said "if".
>> No. 16775
File 121606408435.jpg - (23.90KB , 480x361 , remiliaDOWANT.jpg ) [iqdb]
16775
>>16773
Thrall magic just kicked in, yo!
>> No. 16776
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
I was swayed by >>16725 and >>16760.
>> No. 16777
>>16775
if it didn't heal a missing finger, I doubt it'll heal a missing head.
>> No. 16779
[X] Refuse them both.
if this doesn't end well we can still jump into the lake. it's right in front of the door.
>> No. 16780
[X] Accept Mima's offer.

because immortality roxxors, if we don't we'll die, etc.

and also because a little Mima on the side is fine too.
>> No. 16781
[x] Take the man's hand.
I didn't think even anon could possibly be stupid enough to side with the evil spirit, but now the Mima faggotry is making me nervous.
>> No. 16782
Shit this is a hard choice but...
[x] Accept Mima's offer.
There really isn't anything wrong with being a Youkai. I mean we even get an extended lifespan. Worst case scenario and things go wrong in SDM, we still have a long lifetime to explore the rest of Gensokyo with. Life goes on...
>> No. 16783
Notice that, of the two of them, Mima's offer is the only one that makes mention of our own survival as a part of the deal.

While it could be just an attempt to appeal to our own sense of self-preservation, the fact that Mr. Sword's offer is concerned only with giving us power to protect the Scarlets, with absolutely no mention of whether or not such protection involves us surviving this fight, let alone winning it is somewhat worrying.

If his power boost just gives us enough to fend off the thing long enough to give someone a clear shot to finish it off for good, but we end up dead as a result, we'll only have ourselves to blame, since he made no promises about our own well-being.

It pays to read the fine print before signing anything, you know.
>> No. 16784
>>16743
This isn't the same thing at all. Sakuya wanted everything to remain the same, without us being added to the picture, so that Remi wouldn't fight the thing upstairs (and OH HAY THAT'S WHAT WE'RE DOING NOW), while Swordy wants us to keep Remi sane.

More importantly, does Remi want us to become a youkai? She doesn't want us to become a vampire.
>> No. 16785
>>16781

It's definitely much more logical to side with the guy in the sword who we've never met before and unlike Mima has yet to help us.
>> No. 16786
>>16785
Dear God. Have you even been reading the story up until now?
>> No. 16787
>>More importantly, does Remi want us to become a youkai? She doesn't want us to become a vampire.

She probably didn't want us to become a thrall, either, but that went out the window the second we were bleeding and dying in her arms.
>> No. 16788
>>16783
>with absolutely no mention of whether or not such protection involves us surviving this fight

Short memory?

>"I do not know what you are doing out there in the physical world. I only know that you have need of what I can offer." He holds his hand out to you. "I offer it without condition. Only that you protect her, whoever she is."
>"She needs you as you are, not as a monster to fuel her potential insanity and degeneration."

This implies that we live, or else it would be meaningless whether or not we remain human. And he doesn't know whether or not we'll survive because he can't see outside, which is hardly his fault.

>>16785
>the guy in the sword who we've never met
We already know who he is from having learned the sword's history. If you don't trust him then what you're actually doing is not trusting the people who told you what he is--and it really is as simple as that because he's only the leftover spirit of a person.
>> No. 16789
>>16786

We've used the sword, but the guy in the sword hasn't shown up before.
The sword may have saved our life when Sakuya tried to kill us, but we could well have just picked another sword and had the same result.
Like I said, the guy in the sword hasn't helped us before.
>> No. 16790
Why would you hold the offer of a vulgar, rude, ghost over the offer of someone with more respectable intentions?

Mima is the snake, don't be swayed by her trickery.
>> No. 16791
>>16783
Interesting analysis. You might be diving too deep, but its still worth considering.

I'm still bothered by the "your mind is rotting; you did this last time!" burst from Flandre which never got explained (unless I missed something).
>> No. 16792
>>16787
And she didn't like the necessity of it. We do not know that it's necessary here. More importantly, the effects of thralldom are temporary, whereas becoming a youkai appears to be permanent.
>> No. 16793
>>16789
Whoops, just realised I worded the first post wrong.

>>16790
What would Mima gain from getting us killed? Whether or not we kill the monster ourselves is secondary. Our main goal at this moment is to stay alive.
>> No. 16794
[ ] Accept Mima's offer.
Just because I want to see the surprise end, though perhaps
[X] "Mima, I am willing to accept your offer, BUT, you must tell me what strings are attached to your offer."
might be interesting?
>> No. 16795
>>16793

You'd trust that ghost over the spirit of someone dedicated to protect the Scarlet family?
>> No. 16796
[x] Take the man's hand.
Do people not understand that Mima can't actually read the future? She's just forecasting our death if we side with the sword as a way of freaking us out, and it appears to be working.
>> No. 16797
>>16793
>Our main goal at this moment is to stay alive.

No, it's assisting in taking out the monster. If it was just survival, we wouldn't have argued Remi down about letting him fight. It may sound stupid, but survival is secondary since we have Remi, Patchi, and Eirin here. Killing this thing is the first priority, and our second priority will handle itself.
>> No. 16798
>>16795
I think Mima's actually trying to help us here. She's got the whole evil spirit thing going on so she has to try and justify it with the seduction stuff, but I do think she has our survival and success in mind. Remember how she called us an idiot and told us to fuck off at the shrine, and then went off to check on the SDM like we asked? Similar thing here, she just enjoys acting like a total jerk.
>> No. 16799
>>16797

Note that I said this "moment".
Right now in the mansion we're blocking the monster from killing Remi, and struggling. If we die, at best Sakuya gets Remi away in time, at worst Remi goes with us.
>> No. 16800
>>16792
We don't know it's necessary, but it's not so good to gamble when your life is on the line. Being a youkai will be fine...maybe.

>>16797
However, at this point we seem to have two assurances that the monster will be killed, and now we must judge which has the greater chance of letting us survive. So >>16793 is accurate insofar as he uses the "at this moment" clause.
>> No. 16801
>>16788
I know what he said, and if you'll recall that statement of him not knowing what is going on out there was in response to us asking if the help he was offering would allow us to kill the creature. Considering ours was basically a "yes or no" question, the fact he gave such a non-committal answer should be setting off alarm bells.

Also, consider his reaction to the very notion of turning us into a youkai. Do you seriously believe he's the sort who wouldn't think it better for us to die now as a human than to live on as a "monster"?

Again, his position is flawed because he has so little information about the situation outside, while Mima does.

Someone who doesn't know what's going on aside from a vague idea, who offers only non-commital answers and makes no promises about being able to do what we need, or someone who DOES know what's going on and thus would have a better idea of what needs to be done, and you think the one who doesn't know is the more trustworthy source?

Lack of information is what caused Sakuya to get torn to shreds when she tried to fight the monster alone, remember. At the very least Mima gave us some valuable information about the current situation outside to enable us to make a more informed decision, either way. Mr. Sword would have had us just go along with what he thought was best without even a notion of how things were going.
>> No. 16802
From HY:

>>Good and Normal ends are still open.

===

>>Is this thing on? Sakuya? Oh, never mind, it's working!

>>Welcome to my room Anonymous! I hope you enjoyed your stay here last night, even if we were only cuddling. I hear you have some questions about the endings in my route? Well, I have a hint for you. You're well on the way to one of them, you've made very sure to fulfil all the requirements for it. So sure I suspect you've been cheating! Anyone would cheat for me though, I don't blame you. Now you just have to pull it off at the right moment. What is that moment? Why! That would be telling. If you want me badly enough, you'll know when.

>>You better do.

>>The other endings? One of them will make all of us cry, so don't go there. Please.

>>Bye!

===

Figured I'd throw this out there.
>> No. 16803
[x] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16804
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
Fuck, last two posts made me change my pick. After 2 hours.
>> No. 16805
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16806
The fact that Mima wound up tagging along to watch the fight makes me seriously wonder if Yukari isn't watching all of this going on, as well.
Considering how well Remi would react if she knew her good friend was watching but didn't lift a finger to save her lover from getting torn to pieces before her eyes, I wonder if we really have too much to worry about dying here.

...maybe lose a limb or two, perhaps an eye, but not actually dying at least.
>> No. 16807
>>Now you just have to pull it off at the right moment. What is that moment? Why! That would be telling. If you want me badly enough, you'll know when.
[x] Take the man's hand.
Siding with a Scarlet-protecting sword seems to fit the Good End criteria better than letting Mima have her way with us. God knows how she'd be able to turn us into a Youkai anyway.
>> No. 16808
>>16801
>Considering ours was basically a "yes or no" question, the fact he gave such a non-committal answer should be setting off alarm bells.

What question could he have better answered that he did not?

>Again, his position is flawed because he has so little information about the situation outside, while Mima does.

And Mima is highly untrustworthy. Considering this doesn't help us.

>Do you seriously believe he's the sort who wouldn't think it better for us to die now as a human than to live on as a "monster"?

He doesn't think we'll die.

>Mr. Sword would have had us just go along with what he thought was best without even a notion of how things were going.

He has a notion or he wouldn't have shown up at just this moment. And, again, how is this his fault?
>> No. 16809
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16810
>>16807
>God knows how she'd be able to turn us into a Youkai anyway.
That's why we should ASK HER.
>> No. 16811
>>16808
>He doesn't think we'll die.
He, self-admittedly, doesn't know shit except that our strength is about to give out (and probably that we're in a fight to protect a Scarlet).

>And Mima is highly untrustworthy. Considering this doesn't help us.
Highly untrustworthy? That's like jumping to a conclusion that Suika's untrustworthy because she's a drunkard. Sure, Mima didn't take us seriously and played around when we were trying to ask for help, and then chewed us out because she thought we were acting stupidly when she realized how serious things may be. But she also went to check on the Mansion for us. Mima's eccentric, true. But having a personality quirk--like a certain drunkard oni--doesn't necessarily make her untrustworthy.
>> No. 16812
>>And Mima is highly untrustworthy. Considering this doesn't help us.

How exactly is she untrustworthy?
Sure, she's an "evil" spirit. Sure, she can't always read the mood, and jokes at inappropriate times. But so what?

We asked her to check on the situation at the mansion, and despite her thinking we were an idiot for doing something that was, in honesty, very stupid, she did it.

Aside from her flirting and attempts to seduce us that may or may not be entirely serious, there's nothing to suggest she's inclined to harm us in any way.

Besides, she's been living with one of Remi's dear friends for HOW long? You really think she would try to fuck us over?
>> No. 16813
>>16802
I'm pretty sure that "moment" was telling Remi we loved her, back before the Saguya incident.

Been talking to Pygmalion in channel, and had some ideas.

If we use the sword and survive, we'll live with Remi until we die of old age. Decades later, when the two vampires visit the Scarlet graves, Remi will ask whose grave it is. A more mature Flandre, her voice filled with pride and sadness, will tell Remi the tale of a great vampire hunter who appeared out of nowhere and changed their lives.

If Anon chooses Mima, he loses the human influence he brought Remi. They live together for an unnaturally long time until their love and infatuation has faded. Anon grows closer to the other members of the SDM and forges/destroys relationships with all of them until no one is left. Finally, Anon leaves SDM for good, never looking back while no tears are shed for his departure.
>> No. 16814
>What question could he have better answered that he did not?

>"You can help us kill that monster?"
>He sighs. "I do not know what you are doing out there in the physical world. I only know that you have need of what I can offer." He holds his hand out to you. "I offer it without condition. Only that you protect her, whoever she is."

He hasn't actually told us what his offer is, for one.

>And Mima is highly untrustworthy. Considering this doesn't help us.

How so? She's done nothing but help us so far.

>He doesn't think we'll die.

Neither does Mima.

>He has a notion or he wouldn't have shown up at just this moment. And, again, how is this his fault?

He could have picked any time to contact us. Instead, he chooses right when our strength is about to give out, which would pressure us into accepting him.
>> No. 16815
[x] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16816
>>16813
>If Anon chooses Mima, he loses the human influence he brought Remi. They live together for an unnaturally long time until their love and infatuation has faded.
Remi still loves Flan, and it's been five hundred years. So maybe Belmonymous and Remi's love will stand the test of time as well. And if not...well, it's not necessarily worse than becoming dead and forgotten.
Dunno about the "human influence" jazz. Not sure if being a youkai would necessarily change Belmonymous' personality in any notable way.
>> No. 16817
[x] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16818
>>16813
Going by that logic it would be best to remain human and kill Remi before we die, since her long existence is so unnatural.
>> No. 16819
Discussion stop! Think of HY. The man usually reads what we write, everything of it.
>> No. 16820
[X] Take the man's hand.

Protect the Scarlets. Love Remi, if even for only a second in her lifetime. Make it the best damn second she may ever have.
>> No. 16821
>>16818
"Unnatural" doesn't mean "evil."
>> No. 16822
>>16818

Where the fuck did you get that from?
>> No. 16823
The only thing I think is really important in whether or not we remain human is in what Remi wants for us.

She knows we're not going to live as long as she will. She was alive centuries our ancestors were even born, and she will be alive long after our bones have turned to dust.
Despite this, she hasn't seriously suggested biting us, or changing us in any way. Rather, she's been studying and researching ways to keep humans healthy and, presumably, living long, worrying about our diet and sleeping habits among other things.

Perhaps she prefers that we stay a human, as we are, and wants to enjoy whatever time we can as part of our natural life-span, however brief it might be.

Then again, perhaps she simply doesn't want to force something upon us without any regard for our own wishes. For a brief time she wasn't sure if we would stay or run off if we knew too much about the mansion, so I think it's safe to assume she doesn't know how attached we are to our status as a human. If we let her know we wouldn't be adverse to the idea of extending our lifespan somehow, she might not be against helping us find some way. If that method doesn't involve us spending a couple centuries away from sunlight and running water, then so much the better.

If Eirin could create an elixir to make someone completely immortal, surely she could whip up something less potent, perhaps slowing the aging process dramatically but not eliminating it completely. Hell, Sakuya's HOW old, despite how she looks? And she's still technically human, or at least mortal.
>> No. 16824
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16825
[ ] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16826
[X] Accept Mima's offer.
>> No. 16827
>>16821
I was referring to
>They live together for an unnaturally long time
with the word unnatural. The point I'm trying to make here is that everyone else can handle living a long time, why can't we? Because we are human right now? So was Remi, Flan, possibly Alice even, and they all seem to be doing fine. If you're going to say we shouldn't live a long time because it's unnatural, then doesn't that mean no one should live a long time for the same reason?
>> No. 16828
[X] Take the man's hand.
What? Sword is evolving!
>> No. 16829
[X] Take the man's hand.
>> No. 16830
I hope you all read that discussion before casting your votes.

Writing now.
>> No. 16831
I do wish we could get a bit more information before committing to one choice or another.
Time isn't passing at the moment, and the second we're out of here we'll be back into "one wrong move and you'll get fucked up BAD" territory.

Neither offer really is too particular as to what accepting them entails.
With the sword, all we know is we get whatever boost the sword can offer us in exchange for protecting Remilia. Beyond that, there's no guarantee of killing that thing, or our own getting out of this intact.
Mima's way gives us a little better idea of the situation, and suggests how her way could help us out, but we don't know exactly what our becoming a youkai entails. "Youkai" can be a great many things in Gensokyo, after all. If we became something like the type that Patchouli and Alice are, but with more physical than magical, that might not be so bad. But if we became something else...

Well, it wouldn't do us much good to gain the power to defeat that thing if we wind up becoming something just as bad, would it?

We need more information, but clearly we won't be getting it now.
>> No. 16832
>>16829

Given that this makes 60 votes, and there's 15 votes (not counting namefags, tripfags, or the both options) with no reasoning, either there's votespam going on or we have the entire site in here.

But I'm honestly just bringing it up because I'm bitter that Mima lost.
>> No. 16833
>>I hope you all read that discussion before casting your votes.

...uh-oh.
>> No. 16834
>>16832
If you're a Mima supporter, best not bring up the votespam judging by the last 5 votes for her.
>> No. 16835
>>16834
hey i was one of those votes

not all of us f5 every 5 seconds
>> No. 16837
>>16834

Yeah, I know. Even if there was votespam she would still have lost.
Isn't it sad, Mima?
>> No. 16838
You know, in all honesty, I was inclined to turn down the sword just because of the way he treats Remi. All he says about her is that vampires are unnatural and self-centered.

Frankly, I don't like a guy who only takes into consideration WHAT our lover is, and has no hold at all on WHO she is.
>> No. 16839
>>16833
>...uh-oh.
Stop that. You're making me paranoid.

And here I was thinking HY wouldn't Sad End or Bad End us when we're so close to the end. Here's for hoping someone doesn't get maimed or killed because the sword's power isn't enough or something.

What would be REALLY funny is if they were both full of BS, and we would've done fine without their power.
>> No. 16840
You shake your head at Mima.
"No." You say. "I don't trust you Mima."
She frowns. "You're an idiot." She points at you angrily. "You have any idea what you're turning down?"
"I think-"
"I don't care what you think." She cuffs the man over the back of the head. "Your acceptance would have made this a lot easier, but it'll still work like this." Mima grabs the back of the man's collar while he is still stunned.
"What?" You say, uncomprehending.
The man tries to twist away from Mima, but she pulls him upwards.
"No! Don't let her do this!" He says, holding out his right again again. "Take my hand, accept the offer!"

You stretch out your arm, trying to reach his hand. You just about make contact, brushing his fingers. His eyes light up, his hand grasping for yours.

But your hand passes through his.

He's fading, returning to whiteness. Mima grins and shakes him as his consistency turns to little more than paper in the wind, features blank grey.
"What did you do?" You shout at Mima. "What the hell are you trying to do?"
Mima's grin falters. "This is Gensokyo." She says, balling up the tissue-paper like remains of the man into a ball.
"Not Europe."
She places the ball in mid-air and squashes it flat.
"Not Asia."
Mima jabs a finger into the mass and it turns a deep red, squirming under her touch.
"Not the Americas."
She jams another finger into it and black lines lace through it.
"Not the outside."
Then she pulls out something from behind her.
"Not the place this patchwork man inside your head came from." She brandishes a bottle of green liquid at you. "I dealt with him earlier."
She pours the contents of the bottle onto the black-red thing in front of her. Then she hefts it on one hand, rolling it back into a ball.

"In here, we do things our way."
She hurls the ball. You try to dodge or brace, but you can't move as it impacts, coating you, getting up your nostrils, in your ears, forcing it's way past your eyeballs.

It feels like being born.

There is a snap and a pulse, your vision is filled with a familiar sight. The hallway around you. Your sword in front of you, blocking the creature's claw, the monster itself, roaring at you as the impact jars along your arm.

Nothing is moving.

"You're an idiot." Mima's voice comes into your ear. "Don't push yourself too far yet, it's not perfect until it sets."
The world resumes with a rush of noise, your own blood pumping in your ears as you hold the creature's claw back. You take the smallest of moments to realise that you don't feel any different than before.
"No!" You hear Remilia's voice from behind you, the most real thing you could imagine being greeted by.
The pressure on your arms lessens, but you already know it's not because of any increase in your strength. You take another tiny moment to see that the monster is slipping it's hand along the blade, its own blood allowing it to slide free and bring the claw down on your head. You bring your arm up on instinct, mentally cursing Mima in your last moment.

There is the sound of chitin on metal, your arm jarring with the impact.

The claw bounces off.

"What the fuck?" You stare in wonder as, about an inch beyond the flesh of your arm, a rippling blackness returns to invisibility. As you pause, the claw comes back again, slamming into your head.

You take the blow, the sound of metallic clanging ringing in your ears. You manage to stay on your feet, the impression of a black helmet already fading as your vision un-blurs. You hear gasps of shock from behind you. The creature screams in frustration and ducks to the side as you raise your sword.

[ ] Press the attack, you're invincible.
[ ] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
[ ] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16841
>>16838
He's the leftover spirit of a guy who's never met her, yet is still committed to protecting her. I seriously don't see how this isn't enough.
>> No. 16842
[ ] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
>> No. 16843
>>16838

You know, something that really set off alarm bells for me was that the sword immediately spat out that Mima's transformation would render us a "monster". It's very clear from the way he speaks that he doesn't actual consider non-human entities as individuals. He seems to lump them all into the category of "unnatural", and doesn't think about it at all beyond that. Notice that not for a second did he believe he didn't have a handle on Remi's personality, despite having never met her.
>> No. 16844
Interesting.

[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
>> No. 16845
What.

[X] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16846
[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
Hooray, Mima manages to save us from our own stupidity a second time.
>> No. 16847
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
So Mima got her way? I swear, if we've lost the Good End just because we decided to hear out the other side of the proposal, I'm gonna be pissed.
>> No. 16848
[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

Told you we should have trusted our friend. Bet you it comes back to bite us in the ass indirectly. Hope you assholes didn't cost us a Good End.
>> No. 16849
File 121607313540.jpg - (63.99KB , 390x524 , railroad.jpg ) [iqdb]
16849
All aboard the train, next stop AWESOME.



[x] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16850
[Har] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16852
[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

Fuck you, Mima.
>> No. 16853
[x] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16854
[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

So we get some kind of funky magical armor protecting us? Awesome.

And what a surprise. Things go a certain way, and all of a sudden the alarmists begin ranting about "you assholes screwed up" and "we should have done this instead" and blah blah blah like all the other times we've done something and had the unexpected happen.

Remember when you guys were so worked up because we didn't kiss Sakuya and how she was probably going to die and so on and so forth? Yeah, she sure is dead, isn't she? Yep. Dead as a doornail. Not at all in as good a fighting condition now as she was before, at all.

tldr; CALM THE FUCK DOWN, ASSHOLES. This isn't MiG, and we're not going to find ourselves fucked over because we didn't do one or two little things twenty choices back. If we had fucked up, we would have known it.
>> No. 16855
Oh my. Excellent work, HY. Anonymous's tears are delicious.

[µ] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16856
wha? she had killed him already? now we have some kind of magic amor?
you've lost me ...

[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
[x] Think about getting a tin foil hat ASAP
>> No. 16857
[X] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.

That was some gay fucking shit.

I'll take some comfort in knowing that I voted to not turn around in the first place.
>> No. 16859
>>16854

This man has it. Didn't HY himself note how amazed he was at Anonymous's paranoia and how it wasn't really necessary in this story?
>> No. 16860
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

and maybe...
[x] Improvise a spell chant to make the creature think you're going to cast some heavy magic.
>> No. 16861
>>16854

Actually, I just hate Mima. I couldn't care less if this turns out for the better.
>> No. 16862
>>16854
>>This isn't MiG

Listen to this man, calm the fuck down, enjoy the story.

Tired now, back tomorrow.
>> No. 16863
[x] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16864
>>16861
>Actually, I just hate Mima.

Hello, YAF.
>> No. 16866
In HY we trust.
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
If we back off now, there's no guarantee the thing won't just rush off before Reimu can take a shot. We should take advantage of our new 'potential' to wear it down a little, then let Reimu make her move.
>> No. 16867
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

Although the events were a bit cruel, I must say this is awesome. Now we might have become some kind of creature between the border of human and youkai; with weaknesses that are next to none.
>> No. 16868
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

Awesome.
>> No. 16869
Mima has stripped us of our humanity, I see nothing to be excited about. Mima's way was EASY MODO and that is unforgivable.
>> No. 16870
Well, this is better than what I thought was happening. I was worried about the whole 'becoming a youkai' thing. But it seems fine.
>> No. 16871
[+] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
>> No. 16872
>>16867
>>16869
Wow, I go wash for an hour and come back to Anon whining in despair. Stop overreacting, people! Mima threw this same tantrum before because we didn't pick her, and yet she still helped us out big time (well, Sakuya still got fucked up, but it was nothing we could do about it).

We're still ourselves. Mima just had another jealousy tantrum and "killed" the spirit, but in actuality, she just meshed us two together and now it's our protection. She obviously wants us alive. If she really thought his way would get us murked, she would've forced her way on us rather than chunk the spirit at us.
>> No. 16873
>>16872

It's because she did it without permission. She admitted herself that things will not be going our way whether we like it or not. Being a slave to another beings will is not something I'm looking forward to.
>> No. 16874
>>16873
I doubt that will happen. As HY said, he isn't Kira.
>> No. 16875
>>16874

I didn't mean we would literally be a 'slave'. The fact that she would force someone to do something when things don't go her way is what bothers me. Forcing someone is not alright and it practically destroys a persons individuality and it denies them free will.
>> No. 16876
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

This move was so Mima. So, so Mima. Oh, Belmonymous. Too dumb to live; too useful to die.

Mima: "Kid, you need my help."
Belmonymous: "Don't want it."
Mima: "Ha ha, too bad! Lesson 1: Welcome to Gensokyo. What you want doesn't matter here."

You fags were worried about getting fucking possessed after we'd already shrugged off enthrallment compulsion, Remi's Fate h4x, and a succubus's lust aura, multiple times at that?

Speaking of which, where is Koakuma? We'll have to ask Patch later why she didn't involve her.
>> No. 16877
File 121608140831.png - (275.25KB , 676x787 , koakumaSWR.png ) [iqdb]
16877
>>16876
Koakuma's a lover, not a fighter.
>> No. 16878
>>16875

Yeah, Mima is a bitch. It's kind of her thing.
>> No. 16879
>>16875
>Being a slave to another beings will is not something I'm looking forward to.

In the same manner, Belmonymous would already be a "slave" to Yukari and everyone else who has done something to him without permission.

Tell me, are you a slave to your parents because Mommy didn't ask for your "permission" to birth you?
>> No. 16880
>>16879

Everyone else has apologized or regretted what they have done. You cannot justify Mima's actions.
>> No. 16881
I'm not worried about this turn of events in the least.

So Mima has apparently "enhanced" us against our will. So what? Yukari basically did the exact same thing to us when she cobbled together all those bits and pieces to make us her "Vampire Hunter" in the first place, and we hardly had a problem with it. Or did you think a normal human would be capable of making jumps that shouldn't be physically possible or run fast enough to match speed with a flying vampire?

Hell, Remi basically did the same thing in making us a thrall to give us that unnatural regeneration ability that saved our life, and we didn't have too much of a problem with even that. Sure, you could pass it off as just being a temporary condition, but if lack of consent is such a big deal I would think just the act of making us a thrall would have warranted some complaints on principle alone.

Or are alterations to our body and/or status as a human only welcome when they come AFTER we've been horribly injured and mutilated? Because if that's the problem, we could have just told Mima to hold off on changing us until the creature took a few good, bloody chunks out of us first. Perhaps wait until we've lost a few more fingers, a hand or eye, perhaps.

So she did it without our consent. Boo-fucking-hoo. Cry us a river, build a bridge, and get over it. Given the choice between us being alive and mad at her, or dead and indifferent, I don't think she'll lose any sleep over her choice.

Face it, our body hasn't been 100% human since before we first arrived here, we just weren't completely aware of the fact. At the end of the day, what truly matters isn't what we are, but WHO we are. As long as our mind, our thoughts, our memories, all of it continue to be our own, that will not change one bit.

So long as we don't gain a sudden craving for human flesh, or find ourselves waking up in the middle of the night covered in blood with a dismembered corpse at our feet, we should be fine.
>> No. 16882
>>16881
>At the end of the day, what truly matters isn't what we are, but WHO we are. As long as our mind, our thoughts, our memories, all of it continue to be our own, that will not change one bit.

That's not going to matter much when you have a ghost who doesn't give a shit about what you want.
>> No. 16883
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this, though.

The people who are upset about Mima helping save our life against our will are probably the same group who were content to let Sakuya get mauled and killed rather than break our promise to her to not tell Remilia what was going on the second it became clear something was wrong.

Come to think of it, Mima thought we were being an idiot then, too.
>> No. 16884
>>16883

What makes you think that trusting the guy would have lead to death?
>> No. 16885
The sword guy would have kept us as human. Even if he made us a master superswordsman or something, we would still be only human, and would have all the durability of a human. Think of all the people struggling against the thing even with their crazy hax powers. I really doubt we could have survived that hit in one piece without Mima's help.
>> No. 16886
>>16885

Maybe the hit would have been avoided if things went the mans way. Mima is not a hero, she is a bitch.
>> No. 16887
Wow, fuck ever voting for this story again.

I don't deserve to get accused of being an idiot for trying to make rational choices, only to discover that there is no choice to begin with.
>> No. 16888
>>16884
Did I say anything about trusting the guy leading to death? No, I did not. I merely said Mima helped save our life. If we had taken that guy's hand, I think it's likely HE would have helped to save our life. Or tried to, anyway. Helping to do something and actually accomplishing it are two different things.

Mima, despite her attitude, had a much better grasp of the battle situation, not to mention a far greater understanding of the way things work in Gensokyo than we do, and certainly far more than that gentleman had.

All the man from the sword had was a purpose, a vague understanding of the general situation as it related to that purpose, and knowledge that due to the differences in both time and location was extremely out-of-date, and thus not entirely reliable.

Think what you will of her, but Mima was clearly the one in a better position to be actually helpful here. Would survival have been possible had we not turned around and trusted our fate to the sword? Certainly. But I don't believe the purpose of the sword's help was to enable us to survive the battle so much as it was to enable us to survive long enough to protect Remilia.

I think of it like this:
Going with Mima would ensure we survive, but the safety of the others (especially Remilia) would be entirely dependent on our own ability and not screwing up.
Going with the sword would ensure we survive long enough for Remilia to be out of danger, but our survival beyond that end would depend on our own ability and not screwing up.

If you think of it like that, the choice becomes a matter of determining who you trust yourself more to not let get injured and/or killed; ourselves or someone else. Considering how much stronger and more capable of taking care of themselves everyone else is, I consider the option that works more towards our own survival to be the more prudent option.
>> No. 16889
>>16888
>I consider the option that works more towards our own survival to be the more prudent option.

And I consider the option that works more towards Scarlet survival to be the better option.

I don't believe self-preservation is an acceptable excuse for risking the life of a member of the Scarlet family.

We have conflicting opinions, this is going nowhere.
>> No. 16891
Guys, chill. Remilia has power over fate, remember?

If she can fate someone into turning half-youkai, I'm sure she can make us go back to being human.

Everything will be alright.
>> No. 16892
>>16887

>BAWWWW.

I'm sure HY won't screw us over like that, probably our choice was "taken into consideration".
>> No. 16893
Was it ever explained how Belnonymous was able to know what was happening to Sakuya while she was fighting the monster when you and Remilia were at the shrine?

It said in thread 26 that the whip sounded like it was almost close enough to rip your face off. Of course, a whip crack sounds loudest when it is closer to you. Then he looked in the mirror and saw 'a pair of red eyes in a sea of darkness'.

I don't know if it might be relevant or anything, but I just want to be careful of there being a 'No Belnonymous, you are the monster' twist.
>> No. 16894
>>16887
This isn't the first time ALL the votes and discussion regarding a particular choice were factored into what happens as opposed to simply going with whatever was the majority, and as far as I can tell when it has happened it hasn't really harmed us in any way.

If you insist on bitching about this, though, you may as well complain about another time something like this happened regarding something significant to the story. For instance, when HY included saying "I love you" to Remi despite how long it took for a single person to come in with that one, simple line. Not some overly-long, excessively-verbose line that included the words "I love you" in it. Just those three, simply little words.
Even after it came up, there weren't enough votes to render it anywhere near a majority, and thus would not have been included under more "normal" circumstances.

While it's possible this was simply what was going to happen if we chose to turn around anyway, I can't help but think the discussion and arguments made for and against each action had some influence on the way things turned out.

Just keep in mind that HY generally doesn't seem to be in the business of jerking us around and arbitrarily penalizing us, and that any unexpected twist or turn is meant to make things more interesting rather than screwing us over beyond any chance of recovery. The only times we should have to worry is if we, ourselves, are doing something blatantly dickish or retarded, and even then we can try to salvage things before hitting the Point of No Return. Remember how we came to have that pillow fight?

We didn't kill Sakuya by not kissing her. We didn't destroy our relationship with Remi by pissing her off by not telling her about Sakuya. We didn't get ourselves killed by making the wrong choice in the underground. And we're most certainly not dooming ourselves by suddenly gaining, against our will, some new power that we don't even know entirely what it does yet.

Just say to yourself, "It's just a game, I should really just relax."
>> No. 16895
[☑] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
While...
[☑] Staying on the defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
>> No. 16896
To that matter at hand, it would be really handy if we DID have some thrall-telepathy ability we could use to communicate with Sakuya.
If we did, we could tell her Reimu is ready to take a shot, to get herself and Remi away while we have the creature's attention, and then jump away ourselves the second they're clear, giving Reimu a clean shot to blast the fucker.
>> No. 16897
[x]Stay defensive... but protect Remilia at all costs.
>> No. 16898
>>16889

Look at it this way.
Swordy's power was to protect the Scarlets. However, we have no idea what his power was, what it would do, or if we would be alive afterwards.
Mima's offer was to turn us into a youkai, and give us the power to fight on our own.
With Mima's offer, we could easily use that power to protect Remi.
Two birds, one stone.
>> No. 16899
>>16880
>Everyone else has apologized or regretted what they have done. You cannot justify Mima's actions.

She doesn't have to justify or regret her actions, because she hasn't done anything wrong. No one is gonna give you a jaywalking ticket because you ran out into the street to push a child away from oncoming traffic; you certainly don't fucking feel bad about it, either.

>I don't believe self-preservation is an acceptable excuse for risking the life of a member of the Scarlet family.

When you've just been told the sanity of the aforementioned Scarlet as well as maintenance of the Scarlet line relies on your continued existence, self-preservation is not an excuse--it's a duty.
>> No. 16900
>>16891
>If she can fate someone into turning half-youkai, I'm sure she can make us go back to being human.

Not necessarily; we've been able to reverse her Alter Fate ability before. Remember how we saw & heard the cogwheels of fate stop and then start again when we agreed to "be hers" and then later disobeyed her?
>> No. 16902
>>16899
>When you've just been told the sanity of the aforementioned Scarlet as well as maintenance of the Scarlet line relies on your continued existence

As a human. I'd take Mr. Sword's word for that bit since he's been in that situation before.
>> No. 16903
>>16902
He was in that situation several hundred years ago. Things have changed, people have changed. Remilia saw humans as something more than cattle before we even arrived here. We aren't needed for the same reasons he was.
>> No. 16904
>>16888
>But I don't believe the purpose of the sword's help was to enable us to survive the battle so much as it was to enable us to survive long enough to protect Remilia.

I've already quoted the sections that indicate that this is wrong.

>"She needs you as you are, not as a monster to fuel her potential insanity and degeneration."

I see no room for interpretation. Swordy was counting on us surviving the battle.
>> No. 16905
>>16902
Has he, really?
Whatever situation he was in all those centuries ago, I somehow doubt it is anything at all like the situation we're in now.

Mima had it right; Dorothy and Toto ain't in Kansas anymore. Gensokyo is a very different beast than the time and place Mr. Sword came from. There's no need for Remilia and Flandre to hunt humans for food. There's no need to fear, defend against, or hide themselves from hunters or angry mobs. To top it off, there are plenty of beings just as old and powerful as they are for them to socialize and interact with. They don't have to withdraw into their mansion and themselves, slowly decaying in body and mind until they're as much a crazed beast as that creature is.

While our presence in the mansion has certainly done good for them, how much does it have to do with us being a human as opposed to us simply being who we are? What is it we can do as a human that we couldn't do as a so-called "monster" aside from die that much earlier?

Hell, it's almost funny that he thought that what Mima would do to us was turn us into a "monster" when in some ways Reimu, a human herself, is far more monstrous than many of the real "monsters" in Gensokyo.
>> No. 16906
>>16903>>16872

Fair point. He also didn't have to deal with cousin Wally, I'd wager. Either way, 'ol Swordy is probably useless to us now that we've been forced into youkainess. If memory serves, the sword's power only works for a human protecting the Scarlets. Unless, of course, that >>16872 is right and she just threw a tantrum.
>> No. 16907
>>>"She needs you as you are, not as a monster to fuel her potential insanity and degeneration."

>>I see no room for interpretation. Swordy was counting on us surviving the battle.

Where in that statement do you see anything explicitly stating that "staying human = you live"? As far as I can see, the only thing he mentions about our surviving the battle is how it could be "potentially" harmful for Remilia if we became a "monster" to do so.

I can see how you can take the "needs you as you are" bit to suggest she needs us "as we are" after the battle, but considering the issue he had was with how harmful it would be for us to live with her as a non-human, even if only potentially, I seriously doubt he wouldn't consider us dying for the sake of remaining human to be a valid alternative.

As far as he was concerned, our taking up Mima's offer would have been harmful to Remilia, yet from the way he said it he sounded sure that we would at least survive as a result. If his offer could guarantee our survival just as well, and without risking the sanity and well-being of a Scarlet to boot, then why did he not flat-out say so? It certainly would have made the choice that much easier to make, if he had.

Yet, he did not. He didn't deny that all he could do for us was, as Mima put it, "boost us a little". He didn't deny that we would survive following Mima, yet did not confirm we would survive following his.
The one thing, the ONLY thing he could counter Mima's offer with was how bad Mima's offer would turn out. He did not promise us things would be better if we remained a human, merely that things would be worse if we did not.

While we probably could have survived following him, it wouldn't have been because of anything he promised us. And if we couldn't have survived, again, he never promised us we would. So long as the Scarlet family was protected and safe in the end, he would have kept his word, and we would only have ourselves to blame for assuming his deal included more than he ever claimed it did.
>> No. 16908
The ultimate relevance of the sword's power & wielder is not established, because Remilia does not recognize the sword--unlikely it's necessary for the continued existence of the line, considering that she's gotten along relatively well without it.

Obviously Remilia is an exceptional vampire, given that she gained at least one very close human friend on her own; one who has beaten sense into her before, something the sword wielder was unlikely to face on the outside. She also has surrounded herself with other "augmented" humans such as Sakuya and Patchouli. Even her "insane" sister Flandre has a friend in the human Marisa.

The humanity of Belmonymous himself is already in question, considering his current enthrallment, innate abilities, and border-bent genesis.
>> No. 16909
>So long as the Scarlet family was protected and safe in the end, he would have kept his word, and we would only have ourselves to blame for assuming his deal included more than he ever claimed it did.

We're not assuming his deal included more than he claimed. It sounds like the faggots going for Mima were more worried about themselves than anyone else.
>> No. 16910
>>16909
>>It sounds like the faggots going for Mima were more worried about themselves than anyone else.

And why do you think that is? Could it have anything to do with the fact we're the weakest and most vulnerable person in the fight, AND we're engaging a centuries-old vampire that is far more powerful than Remilia or Flandre in close-combat? If you had put any single member of our current group underground to fight those creatures that fucked us over so badly, I can guarantee you they wouldn't come out torn up and missing body parts like we did. Yet, here we are facing down something that just took Flandre, Youmu, Meiling, Suika, and even Remilia out of the fight (however momentarily it may be) with our only real defense being that sword and the knowledge that even if we're bitten we'll just slowly bleed instead of become a vampire.

Self-preservation should be the natural concern for anyone in this situation that doesn't have a death-wish or a martyr complex.
Wanting to protect the others is all well and good, but we're not going to be protecting anyone if we're dead.
>> No. 16911
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
>> No. 16912
>>16909
Fighting for the sake of others is good and all, but not if we lose our life in the process. Nothing can be exchanged for a lost life; once you're dead you're dead. As long as we live we can train, move forward, learn, or whatever and then come back to fight another day. Hell, people can suddenly have a change of heart and decide to dedicate themselves to another cause completely unrelated to the SDM. Life is long especially with our new found power, and Gensokyo is the perfect place to satisfy our curiosity or desires.
>> No. 16914
This discussion is insane! We need professional help!

[X] Ask the skull.
>> No. 16915
[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
>> No. 16916
>>16914

The sword guy IS Mr. Skull. And he's now a part of you. So look within.
>> No. 16917
>>16910
>If you had put any single member of our current group underground to fight those creatures that fucked us over so badly, I can guarantee you they wouldn't come out torn up and missing body parts like we did.

If you think we picked all the right choices down there, pretty sure you're wrong.

>
Self-preservation should be the natural concern for anyone in this situation that doesn't have a death-wish or a martyr complex.
>Wanting to protect the others is all well and good, but we're not going to be protecting anyone if we're dead.

These thoughts should not be of overriding concern to a VN protagonist. More specifically, to the player. We SHOULD take risks, if we believe them to be worthwhile.
>> No. 16918
[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
>> No. 16919
>We SHOULD take risks, if we believe them to be worthwhile.

And we do; we just don't agree on which ones those are. From my perspective, you're all much greater pussies for not wanting to entertain Mima's offer in the first place.
>> No. 16920
>>If you think we picked all the right choices down there, pretty sure you're wrong.

Never said we did, but we clearly picked enough right ones to come out alive. Besides, if you ignore the whole "choice" aspect of the situation, winning against that one big creature but then failing when the little ones ganged up on us seems less like a screw-up and more like a perfectly logical outcome under those circumstances. We have established ourselves as being able to handle one-on-one encounters, if only barely. Barring us suddenly developing HAX powers, being as outnumbered as we were wasn't going to end well for us no matter what we did. The odds were just too stacked against us to handle alone. Fortunately, our investment in our relationship with Koakuma paid off and we lived to fight another day.

>>These thoughts should not be of overriding concern to a VN protagonist. More specifically, to the player. We SHOULD take risks, if we believe them to be worthwhile.

Such things also shouldn't be of overriding concern of your average shounen protagonist, but I seriously doubt that a hot-blooded attitude and loudly screaming as we attempt to punch the creature in the face is going to help us win anything other than a claw through our ribcage.

Taking chances has worked to our benefit in the past, sure, but it's also harmed us. Remember when we tried to peek under Remi's covers while she slept? Or showing the letter to Patchouli? I'll give you a hint about how those went, in case you've forgotten: WE DIED. WE DIED BAD.
While they did give some hints regarding plot points later on, they ultimately didn't teach us anything we wouldn't have wound up learning later on anyway, but without coughing up a continue and a whole lot of blood in the process to do so.

But as for taking risks, it's funny you should mention that...
>>"Pfft!" Mima rolls her eyes. "Come on, take a risk."
>> No. 16921
After letting the irritation with Mima pass, I have to say the boost we got seems odd for a Youkai. I mean, spirit armor? Are we an armor Youkai now or something? It seems more knightly than anything else. Seems more like Mima just gave us Mr. Sword's boost with her own flair instead of changing our nature. I still hate her, but if this is the case then it'd be more of a simmering dislike.
>> No. 16922
>>16921

FUCK YEAH AXE ARMOR
>> No. 16923
>>16921
I think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg, here. We'll probably have to wait until it "sets" before we can test it out properly, though. Whatever that means.
Nice of Mima to warn us not to go all-out yet, but some indication of how long it will take to be completed would have been good.

That said, whatever its full abilities are, it's already proving to be useful if it's successfully deflected that thing's claw twice. That swipe at our head would have been particularly nasty if it had landed.

Whether we're a youkai or not, though, I think this new little ability of ours compliments Remilia rather well. She's the spear, and we're the shield.

If we were put against each other, I wonder if we'd both break...
>> No. 16924
>>16923

I'd break Remilia's shield if you know what I mean.
>> No. 16925
>>16922
Well played, Anon. I lol'd.
>> No. 16926
[ ] Tell Flandre you need a moment longer alone with Remilia.
>> No. 16927
>>16926
Wrong thread, amigo.
>> No. 16929
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
Ehhh, I'd like to "get out of the way" to let Reimu take her shot, but if this is mutually exclusive with "stay defensive"...well, not being on guard against that monster and prioritizing "getting out of the way" seems like a bad idea given its speed and proximity.
>> No. 16930
[X] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.

That thing is expecting our attack, so we should do the exact opposite. Right now it's trying to dodge our anticipated attack, so there's no way it would seize the opportunity to take flight.
You know, we're supposed to surprise it with all we got, right? Because we're no real threat to it, even with our new armor, let's be clever.
>> No. 16931
>>16922
Took you lot long enough to notice this.
>> No. 16932
>[ ] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
Since Belmonymous was standing between Remi/Sakuya and the monster, if Belmonymous is in the way of Reimu's shot then they are too. And if Belmonymous is dodging out of the way, that means the monster has an open path to attack Remi and Sakuya unless they happen to also dodge at the exact same time, and Reimu gets a shot off faster than the monster can charge in. Ugly gambit there.
>> No. 16933
>>16930
Agreed, Reimu can easily do tons more damage to it than we can, and it probably will have severe difficulties recovering from what she does, compared to what we can do.
[X] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.
>> No. 16934
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

We aren't just defending ourselves here.
>> No. 16935
[X] Get out of the way, let Reimu take that shot.

Okay, we had our moment of miraculous survival and surprised it. Now it's time to hit the deck.
>> No. 16936
[x] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.
You'll go no further. For her sake, I will not fail!
>> No. 16937
>>16921
Yeah, that crossed my mind as well; we might've gotten a part-Youkai/part-Knight boost. Remember last time Mima appeared to be pissing all over our wishes, but it turned out she actually went off and checked for us.
>> No. 16938
>>16875
Dude, you got issues. You don't want complete freedom, you'll screw up your life in minutes. Seriously. Calm. The heck. Down.
>> No. 16939
>>16932
Remember, though, Sakuya can get around faster than we can.
While it would be good to be certain that they're both clear before pulling back ourselves, we'd be taking as much of a gamble on the hope that we can put enough distance between ourselves and the creature long enough for Reimu to take her shot.

So, get out of the way now, hope Sakuya takes the hint and pulls herself and Remi out of there ASAP and that Reimu has enough time to attack before the creature closes the distance on one of us again?
Or, stand our ground for the moment, wait for Sakuya and Remilia to get clear and then fall back ourselves, and pray that whatever window we create is enough for Reimu to get a shot off before Wally is back in our face again?

Ehh...

[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.


Pressing the attack would just be stupid after Mima's warning, but neither option seems entirely ideal. Still, given a choice I think the option that puts ourselves at risk rather than the ones we're trying to protect at the moment seems better. Besides, even though Remi told us "no heroics," you can't honestly expect us to pass up a chance to try to look cool defending our lady, can you?
>> No. 16941
>>16931

FUCK YEAH AXE ARMOR
>> No. 16942
>>16928
You stole the picture I was going to use!

Anyway, I'm far too fucking tired to write tonight, I don't want to screw up this part. However, tomorrow is my last day at work, which means I don't have to get up on Thursday morning. Here's the deal, tomorrow night, come hell or high water, this playthrough will conclude.

And to everyone being paranoid, seriously, take it easy.
>> No. 16943
File 12161391773.jpg - (47.07KB , 678x537 , 1178242577094.jpg ) [iqdb]
16943
[X] Stay defensive, Mima said don't push yourself.

Only reasonable choice in this situation. As long as we're staying near Remi, we shouldn't be providing additional distraction to Reimu. She's a hell of a lot faster than us, anyway.
>> No. 16944
>>16942
Yay! Go HY!
>> No. 16945
Stay on the defensive while letting Reimu take her shot while protecting Remilia.
>> No. 16946
Where is my axe subweapon?
>> No. 16947
>And to everyone being paranoid, seriously, take it easy.

BUT THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU! LULL YOU INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY, AND THEN BAM!! YOU'RE IN A SNOW FIELD TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!

/seedsofparanoia
>> No. 16948
>>16947
Kira is probably enjoying these people's rants.
>> No. 16949
>>16948
He may just be jealous that HY is responsible for 90+ % of the posts on this board and can bring every other board on the site to a complete standstill while his threads are going on.
>> No. 16950
>>16949
Does that seriously happen?
>> No. 16952
Don't know. I basically don't go to the other boards anymore. Guess why!
>> No. 16953
>>16950
Close, anyway. Alot of people read this, including many of the other writefags. Seriously, this story has been accuratly described as an epic.
>> No. 16954
OK, Fucking amazed anon here, I just marathoned this series in every last bit of my free time over the past three days. HOLY FUCK. GODDAMN GOOD WRITING. OH MY GOD. Now I am speechless. Congrats, Hungry Youkai, for creating the best piece of unofficial writing I have ever seen. It is impossible to overstate my satisfaction. My only regrets now are that I didn't get in on this sooner, and that I won't be able to check in for at least 28 days...There had better be a good end after this! If any anon are feeling generous enough email me the remainder of the story. I am now speechless. Again, amazing. work. hungry. youkai. that is all, except for potential replies to this.
>> No. 16955
>>16954
Sorry if I cruisecontrol'd too much there, by the way. Remilia is my favorite, and so I like this story all the better. Thus, I apologize.
>> No. 16956
>>16955

Ah, si? Pues cómete un perro.
>> No. 16957
>>16955
Furthermore, that first post of mine was a little too extreme. I apologize again, for little particular reason.
>> No. 16958
>>16950
You're writing level is as interesting as Kira, yet you FIST OF THE NORTH STAR it as much as YAF. You're Quality + Quantity! If you haven't realized it, you're now the head hancho writefag on GT, and this has occurring while your updates were sporadic.

Imagine what's going to happen when you're back at full strength again within the next week...

/cocksuck
>> No. 16959
>>16958
>You're writing level is as interesting as Kira

And before anyone tears into me, this is a cut/paste error, not a grammatical fuck up.
>> No. 16960
>>16953
Last time I checked, SDM:LA was at 350 pages and 154K words.
>> No. 16961
>>16960
...And that is only one route. Wow.
>> No. 16962
>>16942
Deleted, go for it.
>> No. 16963
>>16962
Aw hey you didn't have to go do that, but thank you anyway.
>> No. 16967
>>16954
I'll e-mail it to you, I guess.
>> No. 16968
>>16967
thank you very, very much. If there is a favor I may return, please inform me in the email.
>> No. 16969
File 121618670520.jpg - (122.24KB , 600x802 , 3g64.jpg ) [iqdb]
16969
>>16967
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxmls4gzxzm
This'll get ya started
>> No. 16970
>>16943
Atai Remilia...? And is that a tiny Atai Sakuya that she's holdiHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
>> No. 16972
>Then she pulls out something from behind her.
>"Not the place this patchwork man inside your head came from." She brandishes a bottle of green liquid at you. "I dealt with him earlier."
>She pours the contents of the bottle onto the black-red thing in front of her. Then she hefts it on one hand, rolling it back into a ball.

I just realized that the "patchwork man inside our head" is referring to the Vampire Hunter persona Yukari created. She "dealt with him earlier" and that's what the green vial is. She then mixes them together, so what she gave us was a mixture of both the anti-paladin and vampire hunter archetypes, with her own alterations.

And since it's still "setting" I wouldn't be surprised if both the sword and the whip end up becoming just one huge fuck-off axe.
>> No. 16974
>>16942
>>However, tomorrow is my last day at work, which means I don't have to get up on Thursday morning. Here's the deal, tomorrow night, come hell or high water, this playthrough will conclude.
Awesome, but don't push yourself to finish this today if it'll mean rushing anything. It's been said countless times already, but this entire thing's been about as epic as it's possible for anything to be, and it'd be a shame if the ending doesn't live up to all that's gone before it because you're forcing yourself to work to a deadline.
>> No. 16975
>>16974

agreed
>> No. 16976
>>16974
thirded
>> No. 16977
>>16974
Listen to the man, Quality takes time.
>> No. 16978
>>16969
I've been saving the HTML of each thread as we've been going along, but thanks all the same.
>> No. 16979
Youmu: "Unng..."
Reimu: "Alright we can't crush, punch, stab, tear, cut, or laser it to death."
Sakuya: "Why not vaporize some packets of that cultured Belmont-type blood? De-vampirize the whole attic?"
Suika: "Look, guys, let's just bug out and call it even, okay?"
Eirin: "No good. It's not strong enough to affect a greater vampire's biochemistry at aerosolized concentrations."
Reimu: "So what are we supposed to do? Use harsh language?"
Belmonymous: "I say we take off and have Flan nuke the entire mansion from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
Genji: *low whistle*
Reimu: "...Fuckin' A."
Suika: "...Heh. I hear that."
Patchouli: "Now *cough* hold on a second. I'm not authorizing that action."
Reimu: "Why not?"
Patchouli: "Well, I mean... *sigh* I know this is an emotional moment, but let's not make snap judgments. Let us move cautiously. *cough* First, the library has a substantial intellectual & cultural value attached to it--"
Reimu: "You can fucking bill me."
Koakuma: "...she has a running tab, Master..."
Reimu: "What's second?"
Patchouli: "Well this is clearly an important variation of vampire we're dealing with here; we can't just *cough* arbitrarily exterminate it--"
Reimu: "Bullshit!"
Sakuya: "Yeah, bullshit. Watch us."
Suika: "Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, Patch!"
Patchouli: "I know, I know, but we're dealing with changing scenarios here. This thing is major, Reimu... *cough cough*
Alice: "Breathe, Patchouli."
Patchouli: "...I mean really, miko. Thank you Alice. *sigh* You are the representative of the *cough* Hakurei Shrine who corrected the unbalance and rediscovered this species of youkai, your percentage will naturally be some serious.... *wheeze* serious donations."
Sakuya: "You bitch."
Patchouli: "Now don't make pull rank on you, Sakuya."
Reimu: "What rank? I believe Remilia has the authority here."
Meiling: "...not even Sakuya is that much of a bitch..."
Sakuya: "...shut up, Meiling..."
Patchouli: "Remi? *cough* You're not going to let him do this, right?"
Reimu: "The mansion is the property of the the Scarlet Devil family. It makes sense that she would leave responsibility concerning the handling of the household with her mate. Right?"
Remilia: "Looks that way..."
Patchouli: "Look, this is a centuries old mansion! He can't make that kind of decision. He's just a... *cough* human!"
Alice: "Patchouli means no offense. Probably."
Belmonymous: "None taken... Hello!"
Flandre: "Hello!"
Patchouli: "...oh no..."
Belmonymous: "Hello Flan! Your sister has something to ask of you!
Flandre: "Hello, sister!"
Remilia: "Hello, Flandre."
Flandre: "You need me to do something for you? Anything to make big sister proud!"
Remilia: "My darling sister, while the rest of us move to a better vantage point, I'd like you to--"
Belmonymous: "Remember Smaug?"
Flan: "RAWR! I'm a dragon!"
Belmonymous: "Perfect!"
Remilia: "Yes. I want you to 'Smaug' the entire mansion from orbit. After all, it is the only way to be sure."
>> No. 16980
>>16979
awesome SMAUG END
>> No. 16981
>>16979
I don't know where, I don't know when, but at some point I will have to vote:

[] "Hey Sakuya, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
>> No. 16982
>>16981
Added it to the flowchart just now in honor of that awesome little parody up there.

>>16974
Thanks, but I'm not going to rush. Waiting until today is the entire point, I'm finally not writing to a deadline since I can sleep all I want tomorrow morning. There might be a couple of 7 minutes while I sleep and/or play Touhou, but I'm writing now.
>> No. 16983
File 121622610479.png - (318.03KB , 1278x511 , awesometouhou.png ) [iqdb]
16983
>>16982
>> No. 16984
>>16981
She's not going to ask about us, she'll just stab us. Maybe she'll use that little sleight of hand of Bishop. Say goodbye to at least one of our fingers. We're just not meant to keep all of them.
>> No. 16985
>>16984
I'm thinking that's a line better saved until her route. Whenever we finally get to it, if at all.

Our romance will be one built upon the foundations of mutual antagonism and bloodshed.
>> No. 16986
File 121622945623.jpg - (345.76KB , 1024x819 , Old_Axe_Armor.jpg ) [iqdb]
16986
You find yourself trusting Mima's advice, don't push just yet. You shift your weight backwards and bring your sword in a low arc in front of you, forcing the creature away. There is only a moments pause before it roars again and hurls itself at you. You block once, sword raised high, but the next blow is far too fast for you to follow, claws racing towards your face. You force yourself not to flinch, to let your new-found armour take the blow. You start to bring the sword back up, ready to counter when the monster's claw bounces off your helmet.

The hit never lands.

The claw rebounds from something a few inches away from your sword. You frown in confusion as the monster leaps backwards, howling. You can see a faint outline around the sword, like an axe-head, fading back into invisibility.

The monster doesn't get far. Meiling, one arm cradled to her belly, kicks it in the head as it scrambles to get away from you. It stumbles under the force of the blow, tottering to the side and losing it's footing.
"Down!" You hear Reimu shout from behind you. You duck, so does Meiling, hands covering her head.
A number of red-white cards shoot over you, sticking to the monster with very little force. It regains it's balance and claws at one of the seals in obvious panic.
Three yin-yang balls hit it in the chest and the seals explode. You squeeze your eyes shut from the force of the blast, wave of magical energy washing over you. It's not fire and heat, it's pressure and faith, a mental white-out as you stand in the path of the power of the gods.
You force your eyes open to see the monster tumbling through the hole in the wall. You assume it was the monster, merely a blasted and blackened shadow now.
Reimu zips past you. "It's not dead yet! Don't let up!"
She vanishes through the wall, floating downwards and out of sight.
"Mine!" Remilia screams, tearing past you, following Reimu, spear materialising in her hand.
Patchouli floats in front of you, faster than usual, but still slow. "We need to go, it's not over yet." She eyes you with curiosity.
You nod. "Okay."

You step over to the hole as Patchouli and Alice float through. Sakuya vanishes and Meiling pats you on the shoulder as she hops past you, into the air.
You don't even think, following her out of the hole. Remilia is outside, everyone is there and it's almost over, you can't let it get away.

You're a Youkai now, right? All Youkai can fly.

Right?

A moment before impact your brain clears the experience of the last few minutes and you're totally aware of hitting the ground with almighty crash, the earth buckling under you. You grit your teeth and brace, but you feel nothing more painful than falling backwards onto a bed.
Your eyes flick open and you move your limbs, powered by pure adrenaline.
Standing up, you look back at the spot you landed. Imprinted in the lawn is the outline of a human, bigger than you, all smoothed surfaces and angular joints. Looks like a suit of armour landed here.
You almost laugh, having survived a three-story drop, but your eyes flick away from the dent in the ground, to the flash of Remilia's spear.

The monster isn't dead yet, it's bleeding from the gaping wound in its chest and from a ruined eye-socket, one arm still hanging useless. Its seared flesh isn't healing as it dodges Remilia's spear-thrusts, crushing the flower-beds underfoot. Reimu hurls a pair of yin-yang balls towards it, but it twists itself between them.

It's tired, but not dead.

Everyone else is behind Reimu, Patchouli trying to shout something but dissolving into a coughing fit. You can see Suika off to the side, leading Genji with a passed-out Flandre on his back.

[ ] Jump in, help Remilia.
[ ] Hang back, ready to support her.
[ ] Check on Flandre.
[ ] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
[ ] Call Yukari.
>> No. 16988
[X] Jump in, help Remilia.
and if you have a little time..
[X] Check on Flandre.
>> No. 16989
[x] Jump in, help Remilia.
[x] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
The vampire and her lover, fighting together to drive the final nail into this creature's coffin. Perfect. If we have a few seconds spare before leaping in, we can try and find out what Patchy was saying.

Also, new (final?) thread might be a good idea soon.
>> No. 16991
[X] Jump in, help Remilia.

Take it down.
>> No. 16992
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.

Remi's in a rage, so get ready to cover for her if necessary.

Also, are we going to get an Old Axe Armor Mode extra, where we start the game as the Old Axe Armor?
>> No. 16993
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
>> No. 16994
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.

If she was trying to shout, it's probably something rather important. We should be able to at least find out what it was while watching out for Remi and Reimu.

We don't know how long our new ability will take to "set" so we shouldn't commit ourselves to offense just yet. Not that attacking means we have to do so up-close anymore...
>> No. 16995
[ ] Check Flandre
[ ] Hang back, ready to support her.
[ ] Call Yukari.
Strange, this option just pops up outta no where <_<
>> No. 16996
[x] Jump in, help Remilia.
We have to be right there at the end, we've come so far. Given that the beast's weakened and seemingly incapable of fighting back, I doubt Patchouli was trying to say anything other than 'kill it'/'don't let it get away' (or something to that effect).
>> No. 16997
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
>> No. 16998
[X] Jump in, help Remilia.
[X] Check on Flandre.
>> No. 16999
>>16996
She wouldn't be trying to yell through a cough to say something unimportant.

[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
>> No. 17000
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
>> No. 17001
[X] Jump in, help Remilia.

We just survived a three story fall with no problem. I think the armour is ready.
>> No. 17003
[x] Jump in, help Remilia.
Remi and Reimu aren't landing a hit on this thing, and it's gonna get away if we're not careful. This isn't a time for hanging back, this is a time to get in there and make the difference.
>> No. 17004
>>16999
>It seems that she's capable of very powerful magic of all kinds, using many elements in a single spell, but due to asthma and general poor health she's often unable to recite her spells.

She only managed to get "Royal" out but going into her coughing fit routine. In all actuality, she was clear as a bell in the mansion, so it's about time for her to start breaking down.
>> No. 17005
>>17001
Compared to what the creature would have been capable of doing if it hit us, I think absorbing the impact of a three story drop is a fairly minor thing to protect against by comparison.
>> No. 17006
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.

>>16992
See 'A Knight in Gensokyo'.
>> No. 17007
[X] Jump in, help Remilia.
>>17004
Jesus, people. Half of you have just voted to get Patchy to tell you the incantation she was trying to use.
>> No. 17008
>>See 'A Knight in Gensokyo'.

See also 'the guy packing a sword and full suit of armor that Yukari had staying at the shrine when we visited'.
>> No. 17009
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
This makes the most sense right now.
>> No. 17010
[ ] Jump in, help Remilia.
You know you have those scenarios in games where you have to kill a weakened enemy before he can escape from the map. If your current troops aren't doing the job, would you really withhold reinforcements?
>> No. 17011
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
>> No. 17012
[X] Find out what Patchouli was trying to say.
[X] Hang back, ready to support her.
[X] Call Yukari.
>> No. 17013
>>The monster isn't dead yet, it's bleeding from the gaping wound in its chest and from a ruined eye-socket, one arm still hanging useless. Its seared flesh isn't healing as it dodges Remilia's spear-thrusts, crushing the flower-beds underfoot. Reimu hurls a pair of yin-yang balls towards it, but it twists itself between them.

>>It's tired, but not dead.
[x] Call Yukari.
[x] Jump in, help Remilia.
We need more firepower, otherwise it's just going to keep dodging. It's already been said, but Patchy was almost certainly just trying to perform a spell, thus asking her what she was saying is completely pointless.
>> No. 17014
[X] Jump in, help Remilia.

The thing from the attic is on its last legs, and Belmonymous has received his final storyline powerup. Time to use your finishing move: Helmed Headbutt
>> No. 17015
>>You know you have those scenarios in games where you have to kill a weakened enemy before he can escape from the map. If your current troops aren't doing the job, would you really withhold reinforcements?

Right now, while Remi and Reimu might not be landing any blows, they're at least keeping the thing on the defensive enough to keep it from fighting back or fleeing.
Jumping in could help to finally land some more hits on it, but it could potentially backfire if we wind up getting in someone's way, giving the creature just the opening it needs to scamper away and recover. Since we're now outside, it getting away now would be even worse than if it fled while still confined in the mansion.

Besides, if they were really in need of help at the moment, would the others be hanging back behind Reimu right now? Aside from the two currently engaging the vampire, Suika and Genji are the only other ones who seem to be actually doing anything at the moment.
>> No. 17017
Writing now.
>> No. 17018
>>17015
This is another one of those halfway choices. There're perfectly good reasons for going with either option, but I guess it's up to HY which one is right and which is wrong.
>> No. 17020
[x] Hang back, ready to support her.
Gleb.
>> No. 17021
>>17018

Or even IF one or the other is wrong. This could be one of those decisions where what we do will make one tactic easier and one tactic more difficult later.
>> No. 17022
>>17015
Most of the others are injured, or magicians. Suika and Genji are not fighting because they are helping Flandre.
>> No. 17023
>>17015

Eirin is tending Youmu. Sakuya probably shows up at the last second.
>> No. 17024
>>17023
For most people, when Sakuya shows up IS their last second.
>> No. 17026
Oh yeah, new thread is up.