[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122341947056.jpg - (610.10KB , 1240x2000 , Reimu+Suika.jpg ) [iqdb]
9818 No. 9818
The five of you split up immediately to avoid the living furniture's first, clumsy, attack with it's fists. “Reisen!” You yell, “Nail it down! Letty, keep it's attention! Everyone else, kick it's ass as hard as you can!” With that simple command out of the way you take a quick breath and push your persona out into the air, instructing it to dive down to deliver a vicious kick at the back of the creature. Unsurprisingly, since the thing was actually a bed, your persona bounces off it's sprung rear with little to no damage being caused. Cursing you realize that if you want to do any real damage to it, you'll have to do it from the front... unless... “Garu!” maybe a change of attack would help? As the slicing winds rip into the back of the monster you cheer slightly inside... before realizing that although the mattress was shredded and spilling springs and filling out, the monster seemed to have barely even noticed.

In front of the monster Letty seemed to be doing about as much damage as you - none at all. She hadn't even summoned her persona, instead all she had done was dodge between strikes, slaps, punches and everything else the monster seemed willing to throw at her. Not that you could exactly blame her for not fighting back, it looked like she didn't exactly have the attention to spare as the attacks were simply coming too thick and fast for her to risk distracting herself from her evasion.

“Sukunda!” The attacks slowed noticeably as Reisen used her persona to... well, you weren't sure what she did exactly, but it seemed to work and you were pleased to see she didn't dwell on her effect, instead switching straight from using her persona to firing off a salvo of nails into the wooden frame of the monster bed. Letty nodded her thanks, but neither spoke nor showed any further sign of gratitude - even with the bed slowed it's attacks still took a lot of concentration to avoid. For the first time you felt, perhaps, a little in awe of the lavender-haired woman as you were certain as certain could be that had you or any of the others been in the center of those blows you would have been taken down in seconds. You grin - you may not like the woman, but you weren't going to waste her efforts either and neither, it seemed, was anyone else.

“Crush them.” Reimu muttered as a soft golden light announced the arrival of her persona - a young looking girl with brassy hair surmounted by two great horns sticking out to either side. Her dress was rough and her waist was wrapped in a heavy chain that tailed off to a large block of what seemed to be stone or metal. Similar blocks hung down from each arm and trailed behind her as she darted forwards towards the bed before delivering a shockingly quick jab-like punch that was accompanied by a light 'boom' noise. She faded then, but as soon back as Reimu summoned her again to repeat the feat - only this time she whipped one of the blocks on her arms, a triangle shaped one, around to leave a nasty-looking gash in the side of the bed. Not that it really seemed to notice, much to both yours and Reimu's disgust.

That didn't stop you both bashing away at it with everything you had but you knew that you were under two rapidly approaching time limits - the time it took for the rest of the shadow horde to show up, and the time it took for the five of you to simply run out of stamina.

“Agi!” Flames burst out around the bed, singeing it for relatively good damage. Lovely. Marisa had just done almost as much damage in one shot as you and Reimu had combined - had Marisa actually been at full power she could have probably worn this monster down far, far more quickly than you were doing now. “Zio!” You shielded your eyes from the flash of lightning that hit it next and shudder slightly, the feeling of being killed was still pretty fresh in your mind after all. Moments later you saw Reisen's persona appear and body slam into the far side of the bed, knocking it sideways slightly where you promptly took the opening and stabbed into it with your fork then tried to twist it, failed to do so, and instead pulled out and away. “Bufu!” Marisa's third attack smacked into the monster and you could see that it was noticeable weaker than the first two thanks to her tiredness...

Wait a minute.

You frowned, staring at the damage the attack had caused. It was easily comparable to the fire Marisa had used first but... it had been so blatantly obvious that her ice attack had been done with far less energy so... “Do that again!” You yell, “Marisa!” moments later another blast of ice, weaker than the first, smashed into the back of the creature - causing only barely less damage than the original fireball. You grinned. “It's weak to ice!” You yell, “It can't handle the cold!” You flash a grin at the blond girl, “Awesome work!”

Reimu reacts first, moving around to send her persona to jab the monster in the face. “Knock it back!” she commands, her voice confidant, “Give Letty some space - ice is her specialty!” You're moving before you can think about it, your own persona fading in then diving down to kick the bed in the face mere moments after Reimu's one vanishes. Another body slam from Reisen's persona completes the knockback, seemingly stunning the furniture for a moment.

But a moment is long enough for Letty to break away and bring her hands together. Harsh blue light fades in around her as a young girl materializes in the air. Blue, it seems is something of a theme with her persona, from the blue dress to the blue hair and the six blue icicle-like wings that spread out behind it. You frown slightly... there's more than a little similarity between Letty and her persona too, more so than you've noticed with the other three. Then again, Letty had mentioned something about all persona representing something inside them so you supposed that it stood to reason some might look similar and others not... though you'd be damned if you had any idea why.

Letty looks up at the monster, her eyes hard.

“Bufula.”

You bite back a curse as ice seems to spontaneously grow around the monster, soon encasing it in a pale translucent blue crystal which, moments later, starts to chip, crack and shatter. You're faced with a mixture of amazement and perhaps a little disgust as the ice falls apart in large chunks - and the bed-monster falling apart along with it. Okay, not all of the monster fell apart with the ice, but good portions of it were now missing - great ragged holes left where chunks had simply shattered away from the main body. You gulp at the damage, but quickly move in to land a few blows in on the thing while it was apparently dazed from it's flash-freezing. You knew, then, that you had already won - simply because every time it got back to its feet, Letty would re-freeze it for more severe damage while the rest of you pecked away in the meantime.

>> No. 9819
File 122341951383.jpg - (258.82KB , 700x950 , Letty+cirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
9819
“Is that it?” You ask some while late, the monster now lying in pieces strewn across the floor of the store. “'cuz... if it isn't we're leaving - I can't take any more of this right now.”

Reisen, now stationed near the front of the store where she could see outside into the mall nodded once. “It seems so,” she said, “I saw a lot of shadows just sort of wander off - if I didn't know better I'd say they all looked lost or something.”

“It's possible...” Letty murmured from a bed, a normal bed, that she sat on as she gently stroked the blond hair of Marisa who, after the battle had pretty much collapsed onto the first soft surface she had spotted. “We don't know if the shadows have any real sort of organization, but given the power of this one it seems plausible that it could have been some kind of leader - at least for this group.”

“Some kind of officer then?” Reimu asked from her position, alongside you sifting through the monsters remains for anything interesting. “It could be I guess, or it could have just been the one they listened to just because it was the biggest one arou- oh! Hey!” Reimu grinned and held up a handful of gems, each the size of a large marble. Two of them a bright ruby red, two a shimmering green, and one a milky white. “Look at these!”

Staring at them in interest you pluck one of the red ones from her hand and roll it around between finger and thumb. “Weird,” you mutter, “It feels... warm.” You flash Reimu a grin. “Cool.” Then look up to Letty, “Any idea what they are?”

The woman shakes her head, “None, we could ask Sakuya - though I wouldn't want to have to pay her to find out something she might not even know.” Letty shrugs, “If you can find your mystery drunk again you could try asking her, but if not then you'll just have to test them yourself - it's how we worked out what Traesto gems do after all - though we were lucky enough to obtain confirmation from... sources... as to their use.”

“Sources?” You ask, looking at her.

“... Sources.” Letty repeats, “Sources we don't have anymore.” she murmurs, looking wistful. “Anyway, enough of this - We found out a lot today, even though we don't know what it means yet - so I feel that we've at least accomplished something. For now I feel that perhaps it would be a good time to retire for today.” You nod, Reimu and Reisen mimicking your actions. “Well then,” the lavender-haired woman says brightly, “We have a few to spare, so lets use that Traesto to get home quickly, tonight we'll have a barbecue - in celebration of everyones first big success!”



Morning eventually came and, not long after it, the next real day. Frankly you still felt exhausted and had no idea how it would be possible for you to keep up such hectic and tiring activity every second day. Perhaps, you thought, you should be prudent and take the odd break from your new secret life now and again - though you would still have to experience the Second day, there was nothing to say you couldn't spend that time in the safety of Letty's home base all day if you needed to.

But for today...

[ ] Spend the day training yourself,
[ ] Play around with the gems Reimu found,
[ ] See if you have a school to go to yet,
[ ] Go check out the mall in the normal day,

Gah. wall.
>> No. 9821
And as a bonus:
Reimu's persona!

Persona: Suika - Lvl 8 - Arcana Death
Strong vs: Slash, Strike
Weak vs: Curse spells (Debuffs)

Spellcards:
Gather Sign - Throwing of Mt.Togakushi

Skills:
Sonic Punch, Power Slash, Dia
>> No. 9824
>>9821
So, that means reimu's weak to being stripped
>> No. 9827
>>9824
>>9824
of her defenses?

Well. That certainly was a slip.
>> No. 9828
File 122342764481.jpg - (171.98KB , 800x600 , 1189222169938.jpg ) [iqdb]
9828
Letty is Mitsuru~
>> No. 9841
Hmm. This isn't as much as a full vote by itself as much as it is a suggestion :

[x] Stretch, do yoga, whatever.

There's a good chance we're still tense from yesterday. That, and even if we decide not to train it helps us relax and recover faster. As for the other possibilities for the future, I would also nominate :

1) Getting bikes (Can be done next Second Day)
2) Advertising. (Super-spam would take alot of time to set up, while you might be able to get away with using a stapler, colored paper and a marker to put a few up around the school if it's abandoned.)
>> No. 9845
[ ] Play around with the gems Reimu found

Nothing can go wrong with this plan. NOTHING
>> No. 9846
[x] Go check out the mall in the normal day

It's early yet, so we just might find Kaguya passed out in the ladies restroom.
>> No. 9851
[x] See if you have a school to go to yet.

[x] Stretch, do yoga, whatever.
>> No. 9858
[ ] Play around with Reimu's gems.
>> No. 9875
>>9818 So... Kaguya's already playing around with Maha Ziodyne but Letty's still with Bufula? Better do something fast before we got screwed.

[x] Play around with Reimu's gems.

Inb4 "But Takeba... that's MEGIDO GEM!"
>> No. 9898
Wandering around the building this early the first thing you notice is the absence of Reimu, Marisa and Reisen. Letty was still around however as you managed to bump into her while she was evidently preparing to do some laundry. “G'morning,” you greet, your voice heavy with fatigue, “Where is everyone?”

Letty pauses in her task of filling up her washing machine and looks at you oddly. “At their respective schools - shouldn't you be as well?” She asks, only for you to shake your head in response.

“Mine got shut down,” you grumble, “'cause RO syndrome hit it pretty hard - I'm supposed to be re-assigned to another school but I haven't heard anything about where yet.”

“Oh,” Letty nods and resumes her task, seemingly satisfied with your answer. “Well, that's alright then - I've heard a few schools have done similar things already, I suppose yours is just the latest.” Letty continues loading her machines before pausing and frowning. “Hello,” she mumbles, “What's this?” Fishing around in the pockets of a pair of trousers - your trousers you realize - the lavender-haired woman pulls out a familiar silver key. “I don't think I want something this nice-looking going through my spin cycle,” She looks up at you, “I assume this is yours?”

You nod, reaching out to accept the key from her. “You're doing my laundry too?” you ask, a little curious as to why.

“Of course,” the older woman replies, “You got quite a lot of gunk on you last night, the shadow-blood is pretty easy in that it vanishes in the morning but... really. Alcohol? Blood? Some vomit too I see - do you really want your family to see the state of this?”

“Doesn't matter,” you mutter, “They're not around. Probably wouldn't care anyway.” You shrug, “'s better this way, I like living alone and they really weren't very good parents to begin with, been living off our gracious government for the past few years now. 'course I'm too young for them to pressure into employment at the moment, though I'm sure that'll change when I graduate.” Letty looks at you for several long moments, then sighs.

“It's your life,” she says, “I don't have the right to tell you if it's correct or not.” She shrugs and gets back to her loading. “So, since school is out what are you going to be up to today?”

“mmmm...” You ponder this, “I was planning on maybe messing with those gems Reimu found. You know, try and see if I can work out what they're for or something - assuming they even work in the normal day I guess.” The elder woman nods as the last sock goes in and she starts measuring out some detergent.

“They're on the mantle piece in the living room if you want them,” She says, “maybe try playing around with one of the red or green ones for now, since we have two of them and only one white one - while I would like to know what they all do, it's probably best not to waste them until we can find a larger supply.” Dumping the strong smelling washing liquid into the washing machine, Letty slaps a button on it's front and watches for a moment as it starts to fill up with water. Satisfied she walks past you back into the main house areas. “You'll have the place to yourself,” she says, “I'm going to be heading down to the mall to have a look around, besides your friend is going to need more nails for her gun - I can probably buy quite a lot in bulk now I don't have to worry about how I'm going to get them back.”

“Ammo reserve?” You state, “Smart. Though I'd maybe pick up another nailgun too if you can, it can't hurt to have a spare around in case we need more longer range firepower.” Letty nods and leads you to the front door, where she promptly puts on a light jacket pulled from a side closet.

“Do your experimenting in the shed out back,” she says as she opens the front door, “There's nothing that important there so I'm not too worried if anything gets damaged. I'll be back in maybe an hour or two as I have a few other chores to deal with - if you get hungry feel free to raid the fridge, and if you wish to go out or head back home put a note or something in the kitchen to tell me.” With that last request Letty stepped outside and pulled the door shut behind her, leaving you alone in the house.

Well then. Time to get to work! Within moments you had found the gems and plucked three different colors from the pile. The red one, you thought, felt a little warm. The green seemed to vibrate ever so slightly, whilst the white one... frankly it made your skin crawl something awful.


[ ] Test a Red Gem
[ ] Test a Green Gem
[ ] Try the White Gem anyway

God i fucked this post up several times.
>> No. 9900
[ ] Test a Red Gem

Time to see how deep this rabbit hole goes.
>> No. 9903
[ ] Test a Red Gem
>> No. 9906
[X] Test a Red Gem

Now you're playing with fire.

Also, we should join a calligraphy club whenever we get assigned to a new school, assuming there is such a club. Then we need to learn how to make curse papers from someone. Considering that Curse Paper slips are a free Mudoon in P3, maybe we could just make our own...
>> No. 9921
File 122351962336.jpg - (409.61KB , 1600x1200 , 1530945.jpg ) [iqdb]
9921
>>9898
[X] Test a Red Gem

And stop being so nice to Letty already, dammit! Last time I checked we still didn't trust or even particularly like the woman. I can get my Letty lovin' in Skittles and RAN. I come here for a slightly bitchy protagonist that didn't take kindly to Letty's ambiguity, inaction during a crucial moment, and association with full-on bitch Sakuya. As a reader I can guess at her motivations, but I reckon our Yukari can't (yet).

ITT: Random anons telling the writer how the story should be written.
>> No. 9922
Not even an hour later and you were sat outside, on the pavement, wrapped in a loose cloth. Nearby a red fire truck stood, hoses leading out around the back of Letty's house to where they were blasting forth great volumes of water over the shed.

“... What. Happened.” Letty, who had returned early thanks to a call put forward by a police officer, stood over you looking decidedly unhappy.

“That's what I'd like to know ma'am,” came a new voice, one you had heard yelling commands to the other firefighters earlier. Looking up you see an young-ish woman wearing the uniform of a firefighter and the decorations of an officer of such. From where you were sitting in depression she seemed to tower over you, though in reality you guessed she was probably only a little taller than you were and, in age, probably only a few years off too - twenty... maybe twenty-five at most. Under her protective helmet were two large buns of white hair, easily enough to reach down to the bottom of her spine if they were undone at any time. A few red-and-white warning tags, for some odd reason, had been used as makeshift ribbons to hold the buns in place. “This doesn't look intentional, but it's not like any fire I've seen before.”

Letty looked at the newcomer in surprise, “oh? You're in charge?” She asked, “You seem a little young...”

The woman laughed at that for a moment, “Older than I look ma'am,” she replied after returning to a calm state, “I take it you're the house owner?”

“That's right,” Letty stated, “I was on a shopping trip before I was called back by, ah,” She looked around for a moment then pointed at a red-haired young policewoman. “... that lovely young officer there, she told me that my shed had been ablaze and I came rushing back as quickly as I could.”

“Well, it's no big problem ma'am,” The firefighter pointed out, “With you or without you we'd have got this under control but, like I said, I'm wondering if you or the young lady here could shed some light on what happened? Seems a bit suspect to me.”

“I was...” You pause as you race for a good cover up, “... doing some work with a blowtorch.” Yeah, that sounded good, “I've been studying metalwork and this was supposed to be my final assignment. I guess it's just junk now...”

The firefighter lady frowns at you. “Blowtorch wouldn't do that,” she muttered, “Looks more like something exploded or at least acted as an accelerant.”

“Ah,” Letty cuts in, “Would propane gas do it? I have a gas powered barbecue and I just replaced the tanks, is it possible some of the old ones could have leaked and caused that when their contents hit the torch?” She seems so sincere that you actually feel a little disgusted at how easily that lie just rolled off her tongue - while her performance in the fight against the killer bed had warmed you up to her a bit, enough to be reasonably civil at least, there were still a number of things about her that irritated you. Her ability to lie so easily, it seemed, was just a new one - and it threw more than a little suspicion on some of the things she had told you before. Nevertheless, you were still somewhat relieved that she was apparently willing to get you off the hook for burning down her shed. Naturally the fire officer seemed to be considering her words seriously.

“Well, I guess - even if they were nearly dry they could easily have had enough left to catch light from vapors...” She shrugs, “Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional at least, nor was it any kind of bomb I've ever seen so... It fits well enough to be a suitable explanation and it's not like knowing the exact cause will bring the shed back.”

“Is that everything?” Letty asks after a few moments silence.

“Hm?” The white-haired woman looks up, “Oh, yeah, my men should have finished making sure nothing will re-ignite now so we'll be packing up and heading off as soon as we can.” With that the woman turned and strolled casually back to her fire truck where she promptly clambered aboard and started having some kind of conversation into a radio there.

You felt Letty's hand grab onto your shoulder none too gently. “Now then,” she hissed through closed teeth, “You and I are going to have a little talk about this later. I assume those gems had something to do with this?” You nod glumly, “In future then, I would appreciate it if we restricted experiments to Second Days only - at least when things explode there they're back to normal when it ends.” Her voice was harsh, though it didn't sound particularly angry, just... upset. “For now though,” she continued, “I would suggest you head home, your home I mean, and perhaps contemplate what has happened.”

Goddammit - who the hell would have thought so much trouble would have been caused just because you decided to throw the gem at a wall to see if it would break or not?

[ ] Head home for now.
[ ] Go visit the local arcades.
[ ] Go eat out for lunch.
[ ] Something else.

speedy update! ha ha!
>> No. 9924
>>9922

Yes, that fire officer *is* Mokou. Just in case you had any doubts.


>>9921
Try not to confuse 'nice' and 'civil'. Letty did take action the day before, so i figured that should at least earn her some civility. Besides, writing how much anon dislikes or doesn't trust her after damn near every polite sentance was a pain in the ass.

Hey, feel free to argue with her now if you want - i'm not gonna stop you. You arsonists you.
>> No. 9927
>Goddammit - who the hell would have thought so much trouble would have been caused just because you decided to throw the gem at a wall to see if it would break or not?

I'm just glad we didn't test it out by trying to bite into it.
>> No. 9929
>Goddammit - who the hell would have thought so much trouble would have been caused just because you decided to throw the gem at a wall to see if it would break or not?

:awesome:

Writefag, I want you to know that the desire to build a flamethrower out of home & garden supplies is still here, and you are feeding it.

[x] Check out the mall. Maybe you'll find that girl who killed you.

To take out your frustrations upon now that she can't use her fancy magic. You'll probably find her working the register at the Gap or something—punch her right in the face.

On second thought, if it's the Gap, twice in the face.
>> No. 9930
>>9929
At this rate i'm gonna have to change the title of this to 'Touhou Persona: Making Shit Burn Good.'
>> No. 9933
[X] Simply head out for a walk to calm down and think over current circumstances.
[X] Perhaps think of some way to manage to make Letty recognize that she herself suggested we use the shed for the experimentation after we had told her we intended to experiment during a normal day. Think over what has happened? Does she take us for enough of a fool not to recognize that perhaps exploding gems are best not trifled with after discovering the fact that they explode?

Seriously, Letty? Suggesting that we need to "contemplate what has happened?" We're not stupid. The damn thing blew up, conclusion: do not do that again. This is not a difficult problem.
>> No. 9935
File 122352281591.jpg - (147.99KB , 600x464 , 1206062250517.jpg ) [iqdb]
9935
>>9924
>>Hey, feel free to argue with her now if you want - i'm not gonna stop you. You arsonists you.
DON'T MIND IF I DO!

>>9922
[X] "No need to specify, Ms. Pseudologue. The chances of my ever thinking of this place as 'home' is between Jack and shit, and Jack left town."
Army of Darkness always applies, no question, even if I am misinterpreting that last statement of hers.
[X] Go visit the local arcades.
Do want SF IV against NEET.
>> No. 9936
>>9933

I think apologizing, maybe not putting other people's lives and property at risk for curiosity, or simply trying to think before doing weird things would be in order.

I also personally think that thermite is more helpful than flamethrowers in the long run. There's gotta be fun stuff locked up in a police station. Too bad our heroine probably doesn't have the foggiest idea that it exists.
>> No. 9937
>[X] Perhaps think of some way to manage to make Letty recognize that she herself suggested we use the shed for the experimentation after we had told her we intended to experiment during a normal day. Think over what has happened? Does she take us for enough of a fool not to recognize that perhaps exploding gems are best not trifled with after discovering the fact that they explode?

Oh ho reading comprehension:

>Her voice was harsh, though it didn't sound particularly angry, just... upset.

People tend to get a bit irrational when their property gets burned down.
>> No. 9938
[X] Go visit the local arcades.

Hello again my dear, beautiful, slightly crazy young woman who cannot control her Persona properly. How funny to find you again so soon.
>> No. 9939
>>9936
>I also personally think that thermite is more helpful than flamethrowers in the long run.

I like both.

I mention flamethrowers because there's at least precedent for it in the heroine's thoughts-as-written.

But yeah, this girl could really do with a copy of The Anarchist's Cookbook.
>> No. 9940
>>9935
>Ms. Pseudologue

That... that can't be a word.
>> No. 9943
>>9940
Consider your personal lexicon officially expanded:
http://www.google.com./search?hl=en&q=pseudologue&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=
>> No. 9964
[X] Go visit the local arcades.

Because we can enhance our Persona's ability this way.
>> No. 9966
>>9943

Well, I'll be damned. "Pseudologue" is a perfectly cromulent word.
>> No. 9977
[X] "Sorry about your shed, but let me set you straight: there's no need to specify, the last thing I'd consider this place is 'home'."
[X] Go visit the local arcades.

>>9935
Intent and destination: approved
Language: not so much
>> No. 9983
You know, if letty was REALLY angry, she probably would have pressed charges against you. Or at least not lied as. . . convincingly as she did for you. In one sense, she covered your ass, you little arsonist you. You've set buildings on fire before, yeah, sure it was in a second day, but this seems to be a running theme with you guys. The annoyance is likely because she just had a large ammount of attention drawn to her. Hell, she didn't yell at you for experimenting, just for drawing attention to yoruself. The goal with Letty seems to be trying to keep a low key. Not geting real weapons for the second day, not blatantly advertising looking for other people who experience second days and the like. She may be angry now, but she'll likely cool off in a little bit, as will yukari. Letty's most likely most worried about the cost of replacing the shed, and the unwanted attention that burning it down brought, moreso than anything else.
>> No. 9997
File 122359959013.jpg - (340.45KB , 780x1100 , Sakuya Meiling.jpg ) [iqdb]
9997
“Fine.” You growl, “I don't need to be told twice.”


Walking away from Letty's home, and the crowds of people still gathered there, you angrily kick the ground. Why the hell was Letty getting angry at you? Hadn't she specifically told you that you could experiment in the shed?

Fuck it, you needed to blow off some steam. Heading home would be pointless now, there wasn't anything there to distract you from this at all and you didn't really feel like spending the night stewing in your own anger. Switching directions you stomp off in the direction of the local shopping park - a small area located to the north of the city park that was filled with, for the most part, various little cafes and other eateries. It was also the home of the best arcade this side of town... or at least the arcade with the most games that you actually liked to play. More importantly it also had a few punching machines - various kinds, some to see how hard you could punch, some to see how fast, even some to simulate boxing.

In other words they were perfect for letting out a lot of anger on without worry.


“Yah!” Your fist smashes into the red leather pad mounted on the front of one of the many brightly colored machines in the noisy room. After a few moments a large digital display flashes through several numbers before settling on a large red '52'.

“You should twist your hips more,” Someone comments from behind you, causing you to blink in surprise - though you don't take your eyes off the machine.

“What?” You ask, as the countdown for the next strike begins on the display.

“Swing your hips more, when you punch. You know, get your whole body behind it, you should get a better score that way.” The voice is cheery, with a slight foreign lilt to it, but it seems to sound like it knows what it's talking about. Besides, it's not like it would hurt to give it a shot. This time, when your fist meets the leather, you can feel that it's a better shot - and the large red '64' confirms it for you.

“Awesome...” You breathe, turning to face your mystery advisor. “You got any more tips? You ask, taking in the sight of the young woman in front of you. She's tall, way taller than you are, and definitely better built in a variety of ways. A loose green shirt does nothing at all to hide her considerable assets and an equally lose skirt of a similar hue hides her well toned legs just as well. Her attire contrasts neatly with her hair, bright red and tied up in a few small pigtails with most of it simply hanging loose down her back. She grins brightly and nods, making you feel yourself warm up to this girl a little already as she's about as far from Letty as someone could possibly be.

“Sure!” She exclaims, “You mind?” She asks, indicating that she'd like to use the machine for a moment. Since your credits have run out for now you have no problem with stepping out of her way and letting her approach the device. “Now,” she begins, “You're punch isn't bad, but you need to get your whole body into it, you know?” planting her feet firmly on the ground she takes a loose stance... then promptly drops it as she realizes she hasn't put the money in yet. A few moments and a coin later the girl re-plants her feet, resumes her stance and takes a deep breath. You see her tense ever so slightly before she suddenly lunges forward with a loud cry - her fist burying itself deep into the punching pad. Moments later and she relaxes visibly, her eyes moving up to the score meter. Following her gaze you watch as the LED display flicks through various numbers before settling on an awe-inspiring one hundred and seventy nine... practically three times your own best score.

“Woah,” The girl grins at your sound of amazement, then gestures for you to step up. “Eh? You want me to try?” The girl nods and, after a moment of indecision, you move in front of the machine and, guessing at what she wants you to do, you try to mimic her earlier stance. Almost immediately hands reach out to correct you, pushing your leg one way and pulling your arm another.

“Like this,” she murmurs, “There! Now, when you move forwards, step and twist your hips with the punch - that puts every major muscle in your body behind the blow, which is what you want for a really mean punch.” As she steps back you hear a coin fall into the machine, “there, give it a shot.”

You try. The difference is amazing, the way your body feels as your hand pushes it's way through the air and into the leather pad. Soon you and your mystery benefactor are watching the scoreboard... first comes a zero... disheartening, as you had hoped to break the one hundred barrier. Your disappointment vanishes quickly as the second number reveals itself to be a nine, and the third a second nine. Ninety nine, the barest fraction under the one hundred barrier.

“That's great!” The girl exclaims, clapping her hands, “That's almost double what you started with!

You nod and step away from the machine. Your victory here has practically erased all remaining traces of your earlier annoyance at Letty, so you were feeling far more sociable than you had before. “Thanks,” you say, “Your advise helped a load!” Frowning at her for a moment you smile again and hold out one hand in greeting. “Takeba Yukari,” you say. The girl looks at you for a moment before reaching out with her own hand to grab yours and shake it with vigor.

“Hong Meiling,” she says, “Pleased to met you Take-”

“Just call me Yukari,” you cut in, “That'll be fine.”

The, Meiling, grins at you. “Then call me Meiling,” she says, releasing your hand. “You've got a pretty good punch there Yukari, for someone who's not really trained or anything.”

You shrug at her, “Thanks, I guess you do some martial arts or something then?” you ask, only for her to nod her head vigorously.

“Kung fu!” She declares, “The most awesome martial art ever! My family has practiced this style for years, so I've been training most of my life - even take a class of my own now and then.” She looks at you appraisingly, “I think you'd do pretty well at it,” she says, “And I could use a little extra pocket money...” She grins, “Interested?”

You consider the girls offer. It was perhaps more than a little rude to make such an offer when she barely knew you, but on the other hand you could see a number of possible benefits to at least looking into it... for one thing you now had a rather pressing need to both be fit and know how to fight properly - you probably wouldn't learn anything useful as a beginner, but the fitness aspect could be pretty useful in the short term. It was worth considering at least.

“Well,” you say, “I guess it can't hurt to hear more about it at least, right?”

Meiling nods, then gestures to the doors. “Lets head to a cafe,” she says, “My friend was waiting across the way for someone, she won't mind if have our own chat there too.”

You frown slightly at the mention of a friend but... well, it was a very public area so you severely doubted it was anything suspicious, besides that Meiling seemed to be pretty trustworthy.

“Sure,” you nod and allow the redhead to lead you out of the arcade and to a small cafe only a few store-fronts away. There's only a handful of other people there and, as you enter Meiling points to a duo sitting here the back, one gray haired girl and... one... lavender...

Shit.

“Ey! Sakuya-san!” Meiling greets, causing the gray-haired girl to turn around in her seat - where her eyes promptly narrow the moment she spots you. Her companion also turns, though where Sakuya's eyes had narrowed, this woman's eyes widen in surprise.

“... Yukari?” She says, puzzled.

“... Letty.” you reply, your voice flat. “And... Sakuya, was it?”

“Oh! Hey!” Meiling squeals, clapping her hand, “You guys know each other already?”


[ ] Write In
>> No. 9998
[x] "I, err... sorta blew up her shed by accident."
[x] At least TRY to look really guilty when you say that.
>> No. 10018
[x] "What can I say? I have an attractive parsonality."
[x] Grit your teeth. "...Personality. -erson, not -arson or... any other fire-related term."
>> No. 10026
>>9997
>>[X] "Unfortunately enough, yes, on both accounts."
But, I like this Meiling too much to be a grump, so:
[X] "Indeed; Letty is an associate of mine, and I've met Sakuya before, but our meeting was pretty brief since I had my hands full at the time."
>> No. 10031
>>10026

To which Sakuya sneers and responds that she also had her hands full at the time.

With your friend, Reisen.

And then you are incensed to test out your newfound punching skills on her face except holy fuck how did I just wind up on the ground in a submission hold.
>> No. 10037
>>10031
awesome.jpg
>> No. 10043
[ ] You could say that. If by know, you mean she watched me get the crap beat out of me and did nothing. Oh, and the other one's just a jerk.

Specify nothing~ Vagueness for the win.
>> No. 10044
[x] "You could say that. If by know, you mean she watched me get the crap beat out of me and did nothing. Oh, and the other one's just a jerk."

Voting this because the other 3 are worse.
>> No. 10045
[x] "Unfortunately."
>> No. 10048
Insulting her friends, for any reason, is probably not the best impression you want to leave upon Meiling; a simple affirmative grunt would serve you better.

[X] "What can I say? I have an attractive parsonality."
[X] Grit your teeth. "...Personality. -erson, not -arson or... any other fire-related term."

Letty's almost certainly informed Sakuya about your role in the destruction of her shed, and making Sakuya laugh is probably the best way to break the ice.
>> No. 10050
>>10048

And even if Letty didn't tell her, I'm pretty sure our antics last Second Day probably raised a few eyebrows.
>> No. 10052
[X] "What can I say? I have an attractive parsonality."
[X] Grit your teeth. "...Personality. -erson, not -arson or... any other fire-related term."
>> No. 10063
“What can I say,” you mutter dryly. “I have an attractive parsonality.”

Sakuya snickers nastily at your words, while Meiling just looks a little confused. Letty however just sighs and shakes her head.

“What?” You demand, glaring at the pale-haired duo. “Is there something wrong with my parsonali...” you pause, consider the word that just came out of your mouth, and grit your teeth slightly, “... my personality?”

Sakuya snickers again, “Oh no,” she drawls after a while, “From what I've heard your arson is commendable, but your personality seems to be somewhat lacking.”

“Eh?” Meiling looks between you and Sakuya a few times before giving the silver-haired girl a confused look. “Sakuya-saaaan...” she whines, “I don't get it.”

“It's nothing much,” Sakuya explains to her, shooting you a superior look, “It seems our mutual acquaintance here managed to set light to ms. Letty's shed this morning. Tragic really, knowing what was most likely lost in the blaze... junk and forgotten memories mostly I suspect.” She shoots a nasty little glance at Letty, who's eyes harden in response.

“Don't think to goad me Sakuya,” she murmurs, then switches her attentions to you. “I thought I suggested that you return home.” she says, staring at you.

“You're not my mom,” you respond, shrugging non-committedly, “I don't have to listen to what you say.” You notice that she winces slightly at your words, but you can't quite tell why. “I just happened to run across my new friend Meiling here, and she offered to teach me a little kung fu, we came here to discuss the details. So....” you glare back at the lavender-haired woman, “why are you here then?”

“Ooooh, trouble in paradise?” Sakuya cuts in, leaning back in her chair. “How unusual that is for you Letty, but don't worry little girl, all we're doing here is taking part in a free trade of information.” She grins a nasty little grin, “Perhaps I can interest you... But first,” She turns to meiling and puts on a sweet smile, “Go order us some drinks would you?” She says, pressing a wad of notes into the redhead's hand. “Anything is fine for me and Letty will have some tea.”

Meiling nods, then looks at you expectantly, “How about you?” She asks, her voice cheery.

You blink, shoot Sakuya a glance, then look back at the taller girl. “Uh... diet soda I guess, I don't mind which flavor.” Nodding happily the girl throws a comical salute to the three of you then turns and practically marches off to where a staff member sat behind a counter, ready to take her order.

As soon as she's gone Sakuya shoots you a speculative look. “Now she's gone, perhaps I can make you an offer on some information.” Letty begins to rise in protest, but a sharp glare from Sakuya appears to make her back down, though she looks distinctly unhappy. “Ask me anything you want. In fact, since you're getting along with my good friend Meiling, I'll make a deal with you. The first question is free, second question means you pay Meiling double her going rate for training and keep coming for, say, a month. Anything else... and I'll take payment myself - five per, ten if it's particularly complex, more if it's sensitive stuff as well... or course if I don't have an answer I won't take payment - I do have a reputation to uphold.”

“Five what?” you respond, looking at her with suspicion.

“Why,” she replies, baring her teeth in a nightmarish grin, “Five hours of your lifespan of course, what else?”


[ ] QUESTION TIME
[ ] NUMBER OF QUESTIONS TO ASK

God i'm tired - so it's a smallish update. You can ask Sakuya aaaaaaanything you want, but bear in mind that only the first question is free. The second will force you to attend training (thus taking up time and finances) and everything else is priced per question.
This will be called in order of popularity for all written in questions. The one with most votes is first, next is second, and so on.
You must also choose a number of questions to ask so anon will stop asking when she either runs out of questions, or asks the winning number of them.
I hope that makes sense.
>> No. 10067
[ ] What's going on with Kaguya
[ ] What the hell was up with that giant bed.
>> No. 10073
[x] "...What the fuck does that even mea—no, no, I take that back. It doesn't count, and I don't wanna to know."
[2] NUMBER OF QUESTIONS TO ASK
[x] "What is her angle in all this?" Motion to Letty. "I mean, why is she willing to go to ridiculous lengths to entertain other persona users, and yet forces her to hide even her last name?"
[x] "Second question, why do you pad your breasts? I mean it's not like nobody sees what you did there."

At the very least, some kind of loaded question. It'll be worth it to see Sakuya's true character: Will she humble herself to friend's benefit? Or was her apparent charity there posturing as well?
>> No. 10076
[1] Why are you such a bitch?
>> No. 10077
>>10073 This, but:

[X] Offer Meiling double what she offers anyway, even if Sakuya refuses to answer your second question.

If you're going to out-bitch Sakuya, at least show Letty you have some redeeming qualities. You don't know which of the many actual, meaty questions that Letty hasn't already paid her for, and given her objections to Sakuya's offer, she'd probably rather tell you than force you to pay Sakuya if at all possible; hence, the only questions you should ask Sakuya are those that Letty herself explicitly refuses to answer or is likely to lie about.
>> No. 10078
>>[0] NUMBER OF QUESTIONS TO ASK
>>[X] "You are one creepy bitch, and the less I have to do with you, the better off I am."

Not really, but it was my gut reaction.
>> No. 10079
>>10077
>If you're going to out-bitch Sakuya, at least show Letty you have some redeeming qualities.

"Why double? Because you'll be putting double the effort into it, Meiling. And besides, a deal is a deal; the look on your face was answer enough, Sa~ku~ya~."

Channel your namesake, energize the door guard, piss off the pad-maid, and make Letty choke on her tea all at the same time.
>> No. 10080
File 122368518599.png - (127.44KB , 300x300 , Mokou - trapdoor Fire chief~.png ) [iqdb]
10080
>>9924
>> No. 10082
>>10080
HNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>> No. 10085
>>10080
Hahaha, awesome.
>> No. 10086
>>10079
This sounds vaguely good but I have no idea what the fuck you mean by it or who to or how it's being said.
>> No. 10088
>>10086

Basically, you ask Meiling for a figure for the kung fu lessons and then tell her to double it, regardless of whether Sakuya had answered your second question, so that it appears to Meiling (who isn't present to hear Sakuya's offer) that you're simply being generous.

If Sakuya refused to answer (and thus would not entail payment in the form of hiring Meiling), you can still get the last word by saying the answer was written on her face.
>> No. 10091
[x] >>10073
[x] >>10077
We don't know what questions Letty and the others could/would answer, so going with something we definitely can't ask her directly is a good idea.
>> No. 10094
[x] "...What the fuck does that even mea—no, no, I take that back. It doesn't count, and I don't want to know."
[2] NUMBER OF QUESTIONS TO ASK
[x] "What is her angle in all this?" Motion to Letty. "I mean, why is she willing to go to ridiculous lengths to entertain other persona users, and yet forces her to hide even her last name?"
[x] "Second question, why do you pad your breasts? I mean it's not like nobody sees what you did ther"*knifed in the forehead*BAD END

I'll take this one for five hundred dolla
>> No. 10099
[x] "...What the fuck does that even mea—no, no, I take that back. It doesn't count, and I don't wanna to know."
[2] NUMBER OF QUESTIONS TO ASK
[x] "What is her angle in all this?" Motion to Letty. "I mean, why is she willing to go to ridiculous lengths to entertain other persona users, and yet forces her to hide even her last name?"
[x] "Second question, why do you pad your breasts? I mean it's not like nobody sees what you did there."

Hahahahaha
>> No. 10117
[1] QUESTIONS TO ASK
[ ] Why Kaguya so drunk?
>> No. 10131
You raise an eyebrow at Sakuya's clarification of her price. "...What the fuck does that even mea-” You pause, then shake your head as you realize you're about to do something stupid. “no, no, I take that back. It doesn't count, and I don't wanna to know."

Sakuya simply smiles viciously at you, “Close,” she murmurs, “You might actually be smarter than you look.” Glaring at the smug-seeming young lady you frown as you consider exactly what sorts of questions to ask, there are many you want answers to but two things keep you from blurting them all out. First you knew that most of the questions had answers you could probably find out on your own and second... well, you didn't understand Sakuya's price but you knew it wasn't something you were too willing to pay without understanding it properly.

There was, however, one question that stood out in your mind.
“What's her angle in all this?” You ask, gesturing towards Letty and causing the woman to give you a startled look. “I mean, why is she going to ridiculous lengths to entertain other persona-users, but she won't tell us a damn thing - not even her last name!” You glare at the lavender-haired woman, “Sure she's strong, and she seems a nice enough person on the outside - but very little she's done encourages me to trust her as blindly as Marisa and Reimu seem to do.”

“Oh?” Sakuya looks at you speculatively, “Met those two have you? Well, everyone has their reasons for everything, even blind devotion. Either way you're definitely the smartest of your little group - you asked a difficult and secretive question first, the kind I would have charged you through the nose for otherwise.” She smirks, “A promise, however, is a promise.”

“Sakuya...” Letty's voice comes out low in a warning growl that the younger girl simply waves off.

“Can't stop me Letty~” She says in a sing-song voice, “You and I are too evenly matched - if you push me I'll push back just as hard.” She grins nastily, “The only difference is I can also out you to you-know-who, and we'll see how high and mighty you feel then, hm?”

Letty stares at Sakuya for several long moments. “That's low.” She growls, “Even for you.”

“But oh so effective.” Replies the silver-haired lady before she turns back to you, “Now then... What is Letty's angle, my oh my oh my, what could it be...”

“Get on with it.” You grumble, “It's not that hard a question.”

“You're right,” Sakuya says lightly, “It's not! Simply put, Letty here is your everyday good samaritan, out to pick up all those poor, weak and worthless Persona-users who wander, scared, into the Second Days of each week.” The woman shrugs, “Not that I really care what happens to them of course, if they're not strong enough to survive then why should we bother to save them? Charity doesn't pay after all.”

“That doesn't tell me why she's doing it though,” you point out, only to have Letty interrupt Sakuya before she can talk.

“Because I'm better than the alternatives.” She says, causing both you and Sakuya to look at her in surprise. "Death or..." She trailed of, giving Sakuya a meaningful look to which the girl's eyes widened and her face paled.

“... You found one?” The girl asked, surprise evident in her suddenly quiet voice. “The message was true?”

“We found one, yes.” Letty murmurs, “Dead, but my contact has found one.”

“Holy Shit...” Sakuya breathes, rocking back in her chair, “... Holy shit.”

“Eh?” You look between the two women, “Found what?” You ask, realizing that this is something big. Letty and Sakuya both look up at you, a vaguely haunted look in their eyes.

“A few weeks back, not long after I had met Sakuya for the first time... we were given a message.” Letty laughed then, a short barking laugh, “Although I say message it was more like an engraving, someone or something had carved words into the side of my house during the Second Day, how they managed it without alerting myself or Sakuya we simply don't know.”

“What... what did they say?” You ask, curious.

“Not a lot,” Sakuya replied, “This and that, but the important thing is they hinted at some goal of the shadows - though we had no proof, and have continued to have no proof until, apparently, recently.”

“They want to possess humans Yukari. I don't know how, or why, only that this message told us both that this was what they planned to do... my contact found proof of this while we were at the mall fighting. That's why I left this morning, to confirm it and bring word to Sakuya here.” Letty shuddered, “I confirmed it... and you don't want to see what I saw... it...” She shuddered again, “It wasn't pretty... but the worst thing? It was here - in the normal day.”

Sakuya blinked, then frowned and leaned forwards. “You're not suggesting that... that they're trying to find a way out of Second Days, are you?”

Letty nodded, and both you and Sakuya seemed to briefly share the same look of horror.

“That's...” you whisper, not even wanting to think about what such a thing could mean. Sure the little shadows could be handled by anyone who could fight, but the larger monsters? The military would be needed to deal with those... and you didn't even know if that was the largest there was or not.

“We're lucky, I don't think they have any idea how to manage it yet,” Letty murmurs, “But it's only a matter of time before they do - or find some other way to get out.” She looks up at you. “Now do you understand? I'm running on bits and pieces of a puzzle to which I don't know the result - I've heard rumors, I have contacts out there who I hear from now and then... I...I don't want to worry the others with things I can't confirm, things which may just be fears and half-truths. If there is one weapon the shadows hold above us all, it's despair - something I have to keep at bay while we try to build up some kind of real force to find a solution.”


[ ] Response


(response to letty's name, and asking of other question on standby)
>> No. 10133
File 122378370051.jpg - (65.09KB , 300x300 , kira Yes.jpg ) [iqdb]
10133
>>10131
I AM THE SHADOW'S GREATEST WEAPON!
>> No. 10136
>>10131
[X] "Despair? Despair is their greatest weapon? They have freakish abilities, superior numbers, and gigantic monsters. All we have are Personas, only a handful of which seem to be effective I might add. Why 'despair'?"
>> No. 10137
[x] "So essentially, what you're saying here is that you and a ragtag band of misfits are all that stand in the way of a legion of horrors posed to spill into this world like a tidal wave of blood and darkness?"
[x] "Fuckin' A. And you were keeping that under wraps?" Laugh. "Letty, I don't think you understand just how awesome that is! Allow me to temporarily drop the facade of disillusionment and say that if you had told me this at the beginning, I'd have been willing to follow you to the very gates of hell."

Reclamation. Shit will be so cash.
>> No. 10139
Suddenly it's looking like a very fucking good idea to gather and protect all the Persona users we can find, before the shadows start hitching a ride on them.
>> No. 10140
[x] "So essentially, what you're saying here is that you and a ragtag band of misfits are all that stand in the way of a legion of horrors posed to spill into this world like a tidal wave of blood and darkness?"
[x] "Fuckin' A. And you were keeping that under wraps?" Laugh. "Letty, I don't think you understand just how awesome that is! Allow me to temporarily drop the facade of disillusionment and say that if you had told me this at the beginning, I'd have been willing to follow you to the very gates of hell."
>> No. 10141
[x] "So essentially, what you're saying here is that you and a ragtag band of misfits are all that stand in the way of a legion of horrors posed to spill into this world like a tidal wave of blood and darkness?"
[x] "Fuckin' A. And you were keeping that under wraps?" Laugh. "Letty, I don't think you understand just how awesome that is! Allow me to temporarily drop the facade of disillusionment and say that if you had told me this at the beginning, I'd have been willing to follow you to the very gates of hell."

You have my bow.
>> No. 10142
Takeba is experiencing a massive upgrade her hot-blood trait here. Now that the girl has an excuse to really apply herself, we can expect her to put more effort into those future kung-fu lessons as well as greater interest in how to use materials found in the home improvement aisle to make local property values fall precipitously.

Hey, if you're saving the world, you're pretty much given moral carte blanche to steal shit, burn down buildings, and engage in various forms of mayhem. All the problems with her family, her lack of life goals, her dismissive attitude towards schooling, all this could be swept under the rug. So I see how the prospect of saving the world could be attractive to someone like her.
>> No. 10143
[x] "So essentially, what you're saying here is that you and a ragtag band of misfits are all that stand in the way of a legion of horrors posed to spill into this world like a tidal wave of blood and darkness?"
[x] "Fuckin' A. And you were keeping that under wraps?" Laugh. "Letty, I don't think you understand just how awesome that is! Allow me to temporarily drop the facade of disillusionment and say that if you had told me this at the beginning, I'd have been willing to follow you to the very gates of hell."

>>10141

And my axe.
>> No. 10144
[Y] "So essentially, what you're saying here is that you and a ragtag band of misfits are all that stand in the way of a legion of horrors posed to spill into this world like a tidal wave of blood and darkness?"
[x] "Fuckin' A. And you were keeping that under wraps?" Laugh. "Letty, I don't think you understand just how awesome that is! Allow me to temporarily drop the facade of disillusionment and say that if you had told me this at the beginning, I'd have been willing to follow you to the very gates of hell."

>>10141
>>10143
And my sword~
>> No. 10145
She reacts strongly to mentions of family, and tends to act very maternal even to strangers:

>Letty murmured from a bed, a normal bed, that she sat on as she gently stroked the blond hair of Marisa who, after the battle had pretty much collapsed onto the first soft surface she had spotted.

>You nod, reaching out to accept the key from her. “You're doing my laundry too?” you ask, a little curious as to why.
>“Of course,” the older woman replies, “You got quite a lot of gunk on you last night, the shadow-blood is pretty easy in that it vanishes in the morning but... really. Alcohol? Blood? Some vomit too I see - do you really want your family to see the state of this?”
>“Doesn't matter,” you mutter, “They're not around. Probably wouldn't care anyway.” You shrug, “'s better this way, I like living alone and they really weren't very good parents to begin with, been living off our gracious government for the past few years now. 'course I'm too young for them to pressure into employment at the moment, though I'm sure that'll change when I graduate.” Letty looks at you for several long moments, then sighs.

This though is what really seemed to hint at something:
>“You're not my mom,” you respond, shrugging non-committedly, “I don't have to listen to what you say.” You notice that she winces slightly at your words, but you can't quite tell why.

With her all her mothering and exaggerated reactions to talk about family as well as Letty's apparent age her (30s?) makes it possible that Letty has had a child, who may now be deceased.

>But a moment is long enough for Letty to break away and bring her hands together. Harsh blue light fades in around her as a young girl materializes in the air. Blue, it seems is something of a theme with her persona, from the blue dress to the blue hair and the six blue icicle-like wings that spread out behind it. You frown slightly... there's more than a little similarity between Letty and her persona too, more so than you've noticed with the other three. Then again, Letty had mentioned something about all persona representing something inside them so you supposed that it stood to reason some might look similar and others not... though you'd be damned if you had any idea why.

My theory is that the Cirno persona fits Letty so well because she's in the image of her deceased daughter. If her daughter had been killed by shadows, then there's no wonder why Letty seems so have placed so much effort into stopping them.
>> No. 10146
[x] Inventory

Because I don't know if we've ever checked it
>> No. 10148
A thought occurs. While it may not be what anon wants, Making a deal with Sakuya to bring any persona users or people that she finds wandering about in the second day to us might be a good idea. She may not agree to it, but in this she seems the type to honor agreements. So if we could either get her to agree, or even trick her into agreeing, we might have help in rounding them up. She may not be too happy if we trick her, but dem's de breaks. Meiling doesn't seem to experience the second days, so we might be able to leverage that. Since sakuya seems sweet on Meiling on this, or at least coddling.

tl;dr- Make a deal, or trick Sakuya into rounding up persona users for us. Everyone wins! ('cept sakuya)
>> No. 10149
>>10148

Sakuya was shocked by this new information. We don't know how much she's willing to invest in this herself in this, but I'm pretty sure Letty will be making a deal with her. She respects Letty a hell of a lot more than she respects you, so I think it's best to leave the negotiations to Letty.

I think we'd get better mileage out of printing those advertising posters mentioned in another thread if we're looking for other Persona users.
>> No. 10167
[x] "So essentially, what you're saying here is that you and a ragtag band of misfits are all that stand in the way of a legion of horrors posed to spill into this world like a tidal wave of blood and darkness?"
[x] "Fuckin' A. And you were keeping that under wraps?" Laugh. "Letty, I don't think you understand just how awesome that is! Allow me to temporarily drop the facade of disillusionment and say that if you had told me this at the beginning, I'd have been willing to follow you to the very gates of hell."
[x] "...Really, though. What did this message say?"
>> No. 10169
>[x] "...Really, though. What did this message say?"

>“Not a lot,” Sakuya replied, “This and that, but the important thing is they hinted at some goal of the shadows - though we had no proof, and have continued to have no proof until, apparently, recently.”

Given that Sakuya already gave a dismissive response, I'd advise against potentially racking up any more questions.
>> No. 10170
>>10169
We'd be asking Letty, of course.
>> No. 10177
You frown, thinking hard, before a strange light appears in your eyes. Both girls evidently notice it as they look at you in a slightly puzzled fashion. "So essentially,” You begin, your voice in an odd dreamlike tone. “What you're saying here is that you and a ragtag band of misfits are all that stand in the way of a legion of horrors posed to spill into this world like a tidal wave of blood and darkness?"

“Uh...” Letty looks at you strangely, “Well, I'm not entirely sure on the blood and darkness part but essentially, that is more or less correct.”

You grin a feral grin that causes both girls to give you a worried look. “"Fuckin' A.” You growl, much to Letty's evident surprise. “And you were keeping that under wraps?" You laugh, loud enough to be heard by Meiling over by the counter and, actually, your laugh may have been more than a little crazy sounding.. "Letty, I don't think you understand just how awesome that is!”

“Oooh,” Sakuya's look of confusion turns to a grin, “I was right, you have a live one here!”

“Heck! if you had told me this at the beginning, I'd have been willing to follow you to the very gates of hell!" You're aware you're taking a vaguely superior pose, but you don't care. “This city is my goddamn garden,” you hiss, “And I'll be damned if I'm going to let those freaks get out into the normal time like that...”

“Garden?” Letty murmurs, only to receive a shrug from Sakuya in response before she looks back up at you. “Uh... I don't think you're taking this seriously enough,” she says, her voice growing weary. “This isn't a game you know, this is real - and it's reality means that you could die.”

“I'm making my choice.” You whisper, “And I promised I would accept the consequences of every choice I make!” Looking at Letty you give her a grim little smile. “Those things would kill us all if they got out, at least during the Second Days we have persona to even the odds - so frankly Letty, I'd rather die there, fighting, than die here unable to.”

Sakuya laughs, “Oh this is rich!” She exclaims, “I have a feeling this one is going to shake your group up something fierce Letty, I don't think you're going to be allowed to sit on the side waiting and hoping anymore.”

Letty doesn't seem to happy with your declaration, or Sakuya's comments. “I see.” She sighs, “I did my best...” She whispers, “... but I always knew that, sooner or later, I would need to do more.” Looking up at you she stares into your eyes for several moments. “I'm appointing you the leader,” she states, “Not of everything but of all actions in the field at least - from what I've seen of you so far you're easily better at that than I ever will be, even if you are a fire risk.” You twitch at that last comment, while Letty smirks slightly.

“... didn't you offer that to her once?” Sakuya asks, quietly. “before...” Letty nods. “... lets hope it works out better this time then, having one friend end up like that is enough.” It's obviously that the two don't want to elaborate on that subject, and indeed it seems like most of the conversation is over - especially since Meiling had finally got back with the drinks. As she arrives and cheerfully hands out everyone's orders, you feel a snarky thought set root into your mind. Now that you knew how vital it was to defeat the shadows, you were willing to pay anything for training... And since Sakuya's second price was...

“So, Sakuya,” you say, quite calmly, “Why are you wearing pads like that? I mean, it's not like anyone can't see what you've done there.”

The table goes silent, so much so that you could have heard a pin drop as you stand up, down your drink, and thank Meiling. “I have to run now,” you tell her, “But Letty here knows where to find me, so if you can pass the details onto her?” Carefully you move away from the table and head towards the store exit.

You pause at the door and turn, “I'll even pay you double!” You call back to Meiling, “'cuz the look on Sakuya's face is all the answer I need!”

As you, quite understandably, run like hell, you hear Sakuya's cream of rage coming from the cafe.

Awesome.



The evening and night passed rather dismally. Back in your own home you had been reminded of how empty it was - or more specifically how empty the fridge was. You had also, it seemed, received a hand-delivered message regarding your transferral to a different school - Kannagi High... Frankly, you'd never heard of it in any detail. You were vaguely aware that your school sports teams had come up against theirs a few times, but you didn't know more than that. Thankfully the message had included a map.

Well fuck. The school was way too far from your house for you to walk in any reasonable amount of time... Letty's home was much nearer though, sitting half-way between your house and your new school, and you guessed you could possibly stay with her until you got your hands on a bike or something maybe...

Well, if what you had been told was true about Second Days drifting, one should be starting at about nine o'clock... about two hours from now. Thankfully that was also when your school began so... you might be able to fudge things a little there in order to be in on time. Sweet.

Speaking of Second Days... you were team leader now, so you supposed you should be considering what everyone should be doing when it began.

[ ] Rest
[ ] Train
[ ] Explore
[ ] Mission
>> No. 10179
>Awesome.

I think this sums up my reaction nicely.

[x] Mission

The first move you make as leader is going to set a tone that will last the length of your office. You want to make it a strong one.
>> No. 10185
File 122386521082.jpg - (128.43KB , 500x1000 , sakuya jigglypuff.jpg ) [iqdb]
10185
[x] Mission

PADDO JA NAI
>> No. 10189
>>10177
[X] Explore

If there are a set number of scenarios for Second Days (so far) I want some familiarity with them, or at least get used to Second Day mechanics. Furthermore, Marisa may or may not still be wiped out after the killer bed fight. It'd suck to go on a mission with a multi-element heavy hitter out of commission.

Best case scenario is we find more gems to experiment/destroy personal property with. Worst case scenario we lose a day. I'm down with the latter since I'd like to be in top form for first impressions at our new school.
>> No. 10190
>>10189

Solid plan.

[X] Explore
>> No. 10191
>“They want to possess humans Yukari. I don't know how, or why, only that this message told us both that this was what they planned to do... my contact found proof of this while we were at the mall fighting. That's why I left this morning, to confirm it and bring word to Sakuya here.” Letty shuddered, “I confirmed it... and you don't want to see what I saw... it...” She shuddered again, “It wasn't pretty... but the worst thing? It was here - in the normal day.”

How much you to bet that this possessed persona user is who Kaguya was freaked out about killing yesterday?
>> No. 10193
>cream of rage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what
>> No. 10195
>Kannagi

You know the manga's awesome and the show's nice mirite

Also
[x]Mission
Train later!
>> No. 10202
We can't be going on missions every day, and you don't lead a team into battle the second you become leader. >>10179 is right, we do need to set a tone, a tone of intelligent and clearheaded leadership. We need to know exactly how much ass we can kick.

[x] Readiness/capability assessment
[x] Explore

We have an entire day, I'm sure we can do both.
>> No. 10204
[x] Readiness/capability assessment
[x] Explore
>> No. 10207
[x] Get Letty's advice on the matter before making any decisions.

We don't know how the others feels about us as leader (though I can guess how Marisa will react) or how they feel about fighting. Letty said we would be field leader, but we need a handle on our troops preparedness before rushing into anything.
>> No. 10216
[x] Readiness/capability assessment
[x] Explore
>> No. 10227
Since you were pretty sure you could fudge things to be on time to school, you didn't exactly hurry to reach Letty's home, reasoning that it would be better to arrive safely than to risk an accident simply because you wanted to be there quickly. Until nine it was a normal day, and those were safe - more or less anyway.

Knocking on Letty's door you were greeted by, surprisingly, Reisen. “Oh! Yukari!” She exclaims, stepping back to let you in. “You had the same idea as me, huh? Come all the way out here for the Second day?”

“And then get close to school before it ends?” You finish, grinning at her. Great minds, it seemed, did think alike. “That was pretty much the plan,” You say, “I've been moved to a new school, and it's pretty far away from where I live... Letty's is much closer though.”

“Eh?” Reisen looks at you in surprise, “Are you thinking of staying here?” She frowns, “I thought you didn't trust Letty,”

“I didn't,” You reply, “But yesterday I learned a few things that... well, they don't explain everything, but they give me some cause to trust her for now.” Shrugging you push forwards into the house dining room, where Reimu is sitting at the table holding a discussion with Letty. “Yo!” you greet, one hand in the air.

“Ah! Good morning!” Reimu greets, “Breakfast?” she offers, gesturing to a steaming rice cooker in the middle of the table. “It's not much, but you're welcome to it.” Letty nods in agreement, and you get the vague feeling that offering food was probably her idea. Still, plain as it was you weren't about to turn down free food - especially when you hadn't actually eaten last night or this morning yourself. Sitting down, and noticing Reisen sit down beside you, you happily dig your way through a bowl of rice and a few other bits and pieces that were laid out. “Hey, hey,” Reimu says after watching you dig in, “Leave some for Marisa, huh? She hasn't showed up yet.”

“Eh?” You look up from your food and frown, “She's not here? I thought she lived here or something.”

Reimu shakes her head, “No, Marisa lives with her father over by the station, I myself live up in the Hakurei Shrine.” Reisen claps her hands at that.

“Ah!” She exclaims, “I know where that is! I pass it pretty much every morning on the way to school.”

“Hey,” You say, realizing something, “What schools do you guys go to anyway? Do either of you go to Kannagi high? 'cuz, I've just been transferred there today.”

Your purple-haired friend shakes her head, “No,” she says, “I go to Yotsuba Private,”

“Oooh,” Reimu breathes, “Private school, nice.” She turns to you and smiles, “Don't worry though, Me and Marisa both go to Kannagi, it's not a bad place - if maybe a little weird.” Shrugging she leans forwards to fill her bowl again, “So, I hear you've been promoted to field leader.” The brunette smirks at that, “Marisa is going to have hives - she loves being in charge.”

“And what you do think?” you ask, as Reisen looks at you in surprise.

“Mmm... we could do worse,” replies the eating girl, “Marisa for one - I don't exactly trust your leadership yet, but it's pretty obvious you're a bit better at coming up with plans than we are. Observant too, I didn't even notice the additional effect ice was having on that boss until you pointed it out to us.” She shrugs, “So I have no problem with it - I'd rather have that sort of burden on someone else's shoulders anyway, I get enough of that pressure at home.”

“Life as a shrine maiden is harsh, huh?” Reisen asks, causing Reimu to nod. “Well... I guess i'll go get ready then, you left my things in our room?” Reimu nods again. “Thankyou.”

As Reisen gets up to leave you hear an annoying beeping ringing sound. You notice that Letty develops a frown and fishes around in a pocket before pulling out a mobile phone. “Hmm? Yes? Oh, Marisa!... Really?... I see. Okay. Yes...” The woman's frown gets deeper as the conversation goes on. “That won't be easy,” she says into the handset. “... No, you just hang there - keep the doors shut and you'll be fine - you have a traesto gem? ... Good, only use it in an emergency though, we don't need to waste them if we don't have to... yes, i'll tell them. You just be careful, okay?”

Putting the phone back Letty sighs and looks at you both. “Marisa isn't able to come,” she says - irritation evident in her voice - “She's stuck in bed with a bit of a fever, even if she did come over she wouldn't be able to do much.”

“Ah...” Reimu sighs, “It's probably because she overworked herself yesterday - especially after being exhausted the Second Day before. Honestly, I told her to take it easy!”

“Well,” Letty murmurs, “There's nothing much we can do now. She'll be safe enough there, and she has a traesto gem keyed in to here if she needs it... But to play it safe i'll have one of my contacts keep an eye on the area.”

Reimu groans, “Ugh... not Mystia, please.” Letty nods, “Marisa will be wanting to kill herself after the first hour... but I suppose it's for the best.”

“Mystia?” You ask, “Who's that?”

“Something of a free agent,” comes the reply from Reimu, “Sort of like Sakuya - only more bearable... unless you happen to be the current object of her affections that is... and right now Marisa is, unless she's found someone new again.” The brunette shrugs as Reisen re-enters the room, kitted out for a fight, “It's not so bad though, she'll likely just ask for us to pull a few shifts in her cafe for free is all - though we do get to keep any tips we make.”

“Oh. So... Marisa will be okay?” you ask, with Letty nodding in reply.

“Oh yes,” says the older woman, “Mystia may not be quite as good as Sakuya, but she's more than enough to keep Marisa safe.” She sighs, “Unless you want to head up to see her yourself?”

“No,” You say, “If she's going to be safe then I'll take your word for it. I'm pretty sure now that you wouldn't risk anyone like that if you weren't confidant.” Looking around you -

The world shudders slightly as the Second Day begins

- open your mouth to speak, then close it again and sigh. “I was just going to ask when that was going to happen... Alright, lets find out what we've got.” Stalking out to the front door you pull it open, look around, then pull it shut again. “Uh...” You begin, unsure, then peer out the door once more. “... We're... inside?”

The outside was the inside... or so it seemed, as the street outside had been shockingly redecorated as one massive feudal-style corridor. Bamboo and paper walls were everywhere, with a bamboo ceiling above you - at about twice, maybe three times the height as a normal ceiling - and thick tatami mats covered every inch of the floor. Light seemed to come from various paper lamps hung about here and there and, although flames licked at some of the walls, none seemed inclined to light up at all. Where before there had been buildings only small sliding doors, presumably covering their real doors, were visible, making you wonder if the building behind had transformed too or if they were merely hidden away - as if this entire place were some great example of fakery at it's best.

“Holy crap...” you breath.


[ ] Head in the vague direction of marisa's house
[ ] Explore the immediate area,
[ ] Head towards your own house,
[ ] Something else.
>> No. 10229
[P] Explore the immediate area.
[P] Try to avoid conflicts.

Reconnaissance time.
>> No. 10230
Hm. Now would be a bad time for arson.
>> No. 10231
>>10227
[X] Explore the immediate area.
[X] Try to avoid conflicts.
Like these, adding
[X] Ask Letty and Reimu what, or if, they know about this kind of Second Day.

Personal observations informed by past experiences will yield superior dataz.
>> No. 10239
[X] Explore the immediate area
[X] Try to poke a hole through the ceiling. Is there a second floor to this Second Day, or are the skies still somewhat normal?

I'm trying to imagine what Mystia's Persona would be. She had those bird familiars in IN, so it could end up being a canonical SMT critter like Babd Catha or Hresvelgr. Or since she's portrayed as self-absorbed in fanon, maybe her Persona is simply a more impressive-looking version of herself.

It obviously couldn't be Cirno or Wriggle. Wait, Rumia? Does this make Mystia the Mudo-user we eventually recruit?
>> No. 10241
[x] Explore the immediate area.
[x] Ask Letty and Reimu what, or if, they know about this kind of Second Day.

The Eientei second-day? Oh God, Mokou is going to end up burning down the entire city.

That is, unless we do it first.
>> No. 10244
File 122396298725.jpg - (27.63KB , 300x522 , NineOfSwords.jpg ) [iqdb]
10244
>>10239
>Wait, Rumia? Does this make Mystia the Mudo-user we eventually recruit?

It would be in keeping with Mystia's night-blindedness theme. Rumia/EX-Rumia would be awesome as a reversed Sun or even the ruinous Nine of Swords.

Or, taking musical theme, it might be one of the Prismrivers. Maybe even the their vocalist, Layla. Probably not Merlin, though; she'd be reserved for Siki as Trumpeter (Judgment).
>> No. 10253
I'd like to put in a request.

Should anyone-- especially Sakuya, but not limited to her --bring up our blowing up of Letty's shed in a disparaging way, I would like to ask that Yukari reply, with a friendly smile, "Yes, I blew up her shed. And she's one of my friends." Then, her expression becomes that same freaky, whacked out grin from earlier in the cafe as she finishes, slowly turning to face them: "...Now just imagine what I'll do to my enemies."

It's a pity we couldn't have said that to Sakuya.
>> No. 10254
>>10244
>Rumia
>Nine

>EX-Rumia
>of Swords

I see what you did there.
>> No. 10255
>>10230>>10241
How the fuck would we do that?

>although flames licked at some of the walls, none seemed inclined to light up at all
>> No. 10260
>>10253

Sorry, but that sounds really hammy.
>> No. 10267
>>10260
Maybe. And it would really have only fit if Sakuya had mentioned it there.

But damn, it would have been fun, even without the loldrama in it.
>> No. 10302
Curious you pad on over to a window and peek out, only to have your view blocked by a sheet of white. Pulling the window open you lean out slightly and look around the sides - the white paper wall, it seems, merely hides Letty's house from the outside, as there's a good five inch gap between the walls of the house and the wall of paper opposite.

“Huh...” You frown, “You guys ever seen this before?” You call to Letty and Reimu, both of whom have popped out the front door for a quick look around. A thought strikes you as you lick one finger, reach out of the window and poke a hole through the white paper like... well, like paper really. Moments later an eye appears at the hole, causing you to jump back in fright - before it's owner speaks up and reveals herself to be Reimu.

“I've never seen this before,” She says, sticking her fingers into the hole and pulling it apart until you can see her face through the now much larger hole. “Neither has Letty, but it doesn't seem too dangerous... Well, not any more dangerous than the Second Day naturally is anyway.”

“I think,” Letty calls out, “That you three should be fine on your own. I'll stay here in case Marisa needs to use her Traesto gem for some reason, but the three of your can do what you want - as long as it's nothing too difficult.” You nod and gesture to Reisen, who's come up behind you.

“Well,” You say, “If everyone's ready - and no-one knows what this place is like - then I guess we'll just explore around the immediate area. Try and get a handle on this place for now.”

With Reisen's nod of assent, the both of you head outside to pick up Reimu and begin your exploration.


For the most part it seems to go quietly, with not much happening - there are a few small skirmishes with shadows, but nothing you would really call a 'fight' exactly. You had, at Reisen's suggestion, attempted to rise above the ceiling by making your way up through a tall office block. This had, actually, got you above the ceiling level... and had presented an entirely new, and possibly more troublesome, environment above it. Here the floor was a wooden roof slick with the water from a seemingly endless rain. In the distance vast towers of wood rose, presumably concealing other high-rise buildings. The place was gloomy, but saved from being completely enshrouded in darkness by the light of two giant moons high above in the sky. For a while the three of you had argued over what was going on until Reisen had revealed a set of binoculars she had brought with her - though the view wasn't great, the magnification was enough to tell that while one was pitted with great craters the other was a smooth white-gray color.

Interesting. One great fake moon aside the real moon. What meaning it had none of you knew, but you all agreed it was probably something to make a note of.


Really though there was nothing too interesting to find, but at least you were familiar with the particulars of this Second Day now.

“So, do you think you can show me around the school when we get there?” You ask Reimu, who nods her assent. “Thanks...” You pause and turn to look at Reisen, “Hey, maybe we can all go see... maris... a...” You trail off as you eyes focus in on a green-clad, white-haired girl in the distance behind Reisen, “Who the hell is that?” you hiss, causing the others to turn, glancing at them as they do.

“Who's what?” Reisen asks, “I don't see anyone!”

“Eh?” Stepping forwards you head towards where the girl was, breaking into a run half way. “Where the hell is she?” You yell, “She was right here!” Looking around you can't even see any direction she could have gone - unless she had ducked into a building the only way she could have gone would have been in a straight line either towards or away from you - both of which would have meant your companions would have seen her. Hell, even if she had gone to one of the buildings she should have been easy to spot!

“Er... Are you feeling alright?” Reimu gasps, catching up with you. “There's no-one here!” She points at the floor, and the line of footprints visible in the waxy sheen. “See? Only our footprints!” She looks at you with some concern on her face, “Look, um, maybe we should head back? I think you might be a little tired or something...”

[ ] I know what I saw!
[ ] ... maybe you're right.

and
[ ] Course of Action
>> No. 10313
[ ] I know what I saw!

[ ] Summon your persona and make several holes in nearby things. Cause as much of a raucus to see if you can draw out the other person.

or

[ ] That other red gem? Time to see how flammable this place is.

What can I say. Arson has worked for us.
>> No. 10315
File 12240366626.jpg - (293.55KB , 1670x1200 , 1210788967258.jpg ) [iqdb]
10315
>>10302
[X] I know what I saw!
[X] Course of Action: shout out "Miss Green! Come out! Please! We're not one of those monsters, we can help!"

Theory: she's a new comer to second days, scared that we're some variation of shadows and has darted into a building for safety.
Possible outcome: we draw her out and/or draw every shadow within earshot to our location.

I'll take the reward over the risk; I'm sure she'll hit it off with at least one member of our group.
>> No. 10350
[X] I know what I saw!
[X] Course of Action: shout out "Miss Green! Come out! Please! We're not one of those monsters, we can help!"

Man, the more I read this the more I feel inferior. My CYOA just doesn't compare to this.
>> No. 10352
[x] I know what I saw!
[x] Course of Action: shout out "Miss Green! Come out! Please! We're not one of those monsters, we can help!"
>> No. 10384
[x] I know what I saw!
[x] Course of Action: shout out "Miss Green! Come out! Please! We're not one of those monsters, we can help!"

>>10350
>Man, the more I read this the more I feel inferior. My CYOA just doesn't compare to this.

Don't worry. Once things start heating up over there as well, we'll also go over and start suggesting to burn things.
>> No. 10385
>Man, the more I read this the more I feel inferior. My CYOA just doesn't compare to this.

Different strokes, mang. Burning slowly is preferred here.
>> No. 10393
“I know what I saw!” You yell, swinging around to head directly for the nearest building entrance. Pulling the concealing screen away you yank open the door and stalk inside – a shadow that was lying in wait falling prey to a swing of your fork before it has a chance to react. A quick look around reveals nothing out of the ordinary, but in this place that really doesn’t have to mean anything at all. Quickly you head upstairs, smashing windows and ripping holes in the paper screens in order to get a view of the street-corridor outside.

“You won’t find her you know…” That voice… Yukari’s voice… It echoes faintly in your head. Ignoring it you continue on, eventually deciding to lean out a window and cup your hands together to make a makeshift loudhailer.

“Miss Green!” You yell, not having any idea what else to call the girl. “Come out! Please! We're not one of those monsters, we can help!”

Nothing but silence answers your…. Wait, no! Something seems to fall past your face and it’s only a mix of great reflexes and even greater luck that lets you catch it before it passes out o your reach – although you do end up practically hanging out o the window. If it hadn’t been for Reisen and Reimu grabbing each one of your legs you too would have probably ended up on the floor below as it was! After being hauled back in, and thoroughly berated by your two companions, you showed them the object you had retrieved – a piece of paper wrapped around a red stone. The stone was similar to the gems Reimu had found last time, though this one was somewhat larger and definitely felt hotter than those others. Ignoring it for now you examined the paper and he writing you quickly found on it – it was written in what you realized was exceptionally good calligraphy, the kind that was far above the standard of… Well, far above your level of handwriting at least and, from the looks of it, above Reisen and Reimu’s too.


Persona that are,
Reflections of ones own self,
As the moons above.

Born for protection,
Nurtured through a life led,
What can they become?

Answers yet to be,
Questions that must be asked,
Our meeting; Not yet.


“Uhhh…” You look over the poetry for several long seconds.

“Not very good, is she?” Reimu comments, drawing a smirk from Reisen and a look o confusion from yourself.

“Her calligraphy isn’t bad,” Reisen murmurs, “But I don’t think she’s all that good at haiku. Still the message is clear enough I guess.”

You look at your friend. “Huh?” You grunt, then look a little embarrassed. “I… don’t get it.”

Reisen looks at you, then blinks, “I didn’t think you’d have much interest in literature,” She smiles as she says this, “Basically though, it’s saying that she’s not going to meet with us yet and I’m guessing she’ll keep avoiding us until we find some answers of our own about…” She pauses and frowns before rushing ahead, “About… about what persona are, I think, but I’m not too sure.”

You sigh, your shoulders sagging slightly. “Oh.” You say, “Well… this trip wasn’t a complete bust I guess, we at least know there’s someone else out there – someone who apparently knows more than us – and we got this cool thing.” You hold up the large re gem and grin. “An Agi in a convenient form… well, given how much larger it is than the one I tested, I’m guessing it’s probably stronger than a normal Agi – like how Letty’s Bufula is stronger than Bufu.”

Reimu nods, “Agilao then maybe,” Both you and Reisen look at her in surprise, “Eh… I’ve seen Sakuya use it before, I guess there are versions for Garu and Zio too. Letty also has Mabufu, and Sakuya Maragi – they’re like the normal ones, only they hit a lot more stuff at once so...”

“... That drunkard who killed me used something called Maziodyne...” You murmur, “I think that hit a wide area too, since it killed me and a ton of shadows.”

“So... Ma means wide area, while anything after the attack name means it’s more powerful? La and Lao, and then Dyne...” Reisen mumbles, “I don’t think that will be too much use to use, but I guess it’s nice to know.”

“Well, we may as well head back now.” Reimu states, “If she doesn’t want us to meet her yet, then there’s no point in trying to find her – especially if it’s likely that she can kick our rears, because she’s obviously been surviving alone longer than we have.” The brunette shrugs, “Maybe if Letty had come with us, or if we could call on Sakuya... But neither is an option, Letty needs to hold down the fort and I wouldn’t want Sakuya around even if you paid me for the trouble of dealing with her.”

“... You’re right,” You respond, bowing your head, “I don’t want to risk going anywhere serious if we’re not at full power, and just wandering around isn’t likely to gain us anything more right now.” Stretching your arms up, fingers interlaced, you yawn. “Besides, I could do with a nap or something before we make our way to school...”



Kannagi High School was, all in all, pretty pain. You had half expected some kind of shinign white palace-like structure, but instead had been presented with a series of squat gray and blue buildings arranged in a rough square around a central courtyard containing a small park and examples of art student’s sculpture. Reimu, who had come along with you, was eagerly pointing out which building was which – science block, art department, that kind of thing. It was just the two of you now, Reisen having gone off escorted by Letty in order to be at her own school before the normal day started.

“They run a pretty weird system here,” Reimu explains, “We’ve got about quarter of an hour before we actually have to be in homeroom... though today you will want to go to the staff office instead.” You note that Reimu’s speech is becoming stiffer and more formal the longer she stays here. “I will be unavailable throughout the day, if you wish to ask questions I have no doubt your homeroom tutor will assign someone as a guide.” As she leads you down a little path flanked by tall bushes the brunette glances around, “Don’t talk to me while we’re here,” She hisses, back to her normal self, “I’m not supposed to be ‘making friends’ and acting ‘like a young delinquent’ here.” She sighs, “It’s all my parents fault – they expect me to act like their successor all the time. Anyway, the staffroom is down here, through the white door and then second on the left. Okay?”

As the two of you leave the concealed path Reimu abruptly stops, bids you a polite good day, then turns and marches imperiously away. You note with some amusement that many of the students seem to naturally give way to her as she passes.


The world dims, even in this normal day.

Thou who advances towards the gathering at the end of the path of many choices, know now that thy standing has risen in the eyes of this figure of Death.” You hear the same female voice as the last time this occurred near Reimu... You’re not exactly sure what it means, but it seems that the voices are directly related to certain people... Perhaps... Perhaps it was their persona speaking to you? It was weird – but not impossible as you distinctly remember your own one speaking to you when you first summoned it.

The world lightens and continues.


So... you had fifteen minutes to spare. Thinking about it you figured that having a look around the grounds was probably a good idea for now so you could get a feel for the place.

[ ] Check out the Science Block
[ ] The Art Department
[ ] The IT offices
[ ] The Main building (Languages / Maths / Humanities)
[ ] The gym / sports field

Death social link – Reimu – lvl 2
>> No. 10395
>Death social link – Reimu – lvl 2

Raymoo likes us! Hooray!

[x] Check out the Science Block

Science means chemicals. And chemicals means explosives.
>> No. 10396
>Death social link – Reimu – lvl 2

If we max out, does she put out?

[x] Check out the Science Block

Also going with the arson theme here.
>> No. 10397
[ ] The Gym/ Sports Field.

Wonder if we'll meet someone here?
>> No. 10401
[X] Check out the Science Block

Too bad I cannot connect those places to our wind and dark elements, but some fire is fine too.

>>[ ] The IT offices

As long as we stay away from the electronics.
>> No. 10413
>>10396
>If we max out, does she put out?
We at least will get tits.
>> No. 10424
>>10393
>discussion of syllables in forming technique names
FUCK
Treasure of the Rudras flashback

>>10413
Zombie breasts DO NOT WANT
>> No. 10425
>>10424

FULLDAMPOTEY ALL UP IN THIS BITCH.
>> No. 10427
>>10424
But Reimu isn't a zombie so yeah.
>> No. 10429
[x] Check out the Science Block
>> No. 10441
Updates may or may not occur for the next few days, as i have a shitton of design work to pretty much pull out of my ass and produce from scratch to impress some potential employers.

I should be done by sunday though, unless they ask to see some more.
>> No. 10478
You tried to resist, really you did... but the lure of the science block and the likely highly flammable chemicals contained within was simply too great for you. Finding the door open you slipped quietly inside, not entirely sure if you were actually allowed to be there since you technically weren't a student yet. Not until you had been to the staffroom and signed the paperwork at least.

Well... whatever. You couldn't get into too much trouble, if nothing else you could simply claim you were looking for the staff room and got lost or something. As you quietly walk down the corridors you peek into each room that you pass. Naturally, given this is a science block, they all contain thick benches with little gas-taps for burners to be connected to mounted on them and the occasional small sink every now and then. The far walls are covered in shelves filled with either racks of equipment, locked cupboards you assume contain chemicals, or jars filled with bits of animals preserved in liquid. The last room on this floor, however, also contains people.

Peering through the glass window mounted in the room's door, you watch as a group of skittish looking guys wander around the room carrying chemistry equipment here and there as well as generally conducting experiments. It seemed like this was perhaps some kind of before-school club meeting of some kind. Well, if you didn't count the large poster of Marisa giving a thumbs up and a wink pose hung up over the blackboard at the front of the class.

“Ah!” You blink as one of the guys notices you, “A girl!”

One of the other guys looks at the speaker, “Oh?” he asks, “Marisa-sama is here?”

“It's not Marisa-sama!” There's a pause as every geeky young man in the room slowly turns to look at you... then chaos as they suddenly freak out. “A girl!” They yell, “A girl!” You back away from the door as the guys panic, laughing nervously to yourself. “Hide the poster!” one yells, “The Glorious Society for the Adoration of Marisa-sama must remain secret or Marisa-sama will kill us when she finds out! And worse! Cancel her Chemistry club membership!” There's a chorus of dismayed wailing at that last point and, somewhat creeped out by this all, you back away further down the hallway.

So. Marisa has a fanclub huh? And she's apparently a member of the chemistry club which, from what you can gather, consists primarily of her fanclub. Creepy much?

Leaving the chaos of the 'Glorious Society for the Adoration of Marisa-sama' behind you, you head back out of the science block and into the courtyard. A quick glance around reveals more or less nothing except a clock which indicated that time was drawing closer to the start of lessons. With nothing better to do, and no particular desire to stumble across any more weirdos, you head on over to the staff room to introduce yourself and find our where you're going to be placed.


“Eh? Takeba Yukari huh? Another RO transfer?” You nod as the balding teacher sitting in front of you turns to check through some files. “Hmmm... Oh, yes, here you are. Says you've been assigned to class 2B, along with most of the RO transfers - the old homeroom teacher came down with it too, so there is a new one there...” He pauses and flicks through several more files, “Who was she... lets see.... aha! Here we go, your new homeroom tutor is Miss White.” Pulling out a pen he scribbles a little note down and hands it to you, “She should know you're coming, but things have been so muddled lately that she probably doesn't. Just hand her this note when you see her, she'll understand.”


Clutching the note in one hand you walked down a few hallways and up a flight of stairs before discovering room 2B. The bell for the beginning of homeroom had already gone while you were speaking in the staffroom, so the class was currently packed. Swallowing in nervousness you knock on the door, only to have the teacher come over and open it. She looks at you for several seconds before you hold out the note, which she takes and starts to read. The teacher seems to be a blond woman, maybe in her young twenties, and from the looks of her definitely quite new to the job. She wears a long white dress, almost like a robe, decorated with red triangle markings along the hems of the sleeves and bottom. “Hmmm.” She hums, looking over your note, “Takeba Yukari, huh? Well, come on in then.”

Following the woman, who you assume is Miss White, into the class you soon find yourself standing in front of everyone and giving a small bow. “Hello,” you say, “My name is Takeba Yukari.” You could have said more, but what would it have been? 'hi, I'm here 'cuz RO decimated my old school' - most of these students, given the varied uniforms they wore, probably already knew that. You blink, then focus in on a few students that wore uniforms like your own... most of them you didn't recognize, but there were two in the back who looked familiar... as well as some near the front and middle who wore the same uniform as yourself.

“Now then,” The teacher begins, “I'm Miss Lily White, your homeroom teacher and this will be your homeroom until either you graduate from here or you are allowed to return to your previous school.” The way she says that implies that she really doesn't think the second possibility is likely to happen at all. “So, why don't you pick an empty seat? It doesn't really matter where.”


[ ] Sit near the back left,
[ ] Sit near the front center,
[ ] Sit near the middle right.
>> No. 10479
>You blink, then focus in on a few students that wore uniforms like your own... most of them you didn't recognize, but there were two in the back who looked familiar...

[ ] Sit near the back left.
>> No. 10480
[ ] Sit near the back left,
>> No. 10481
>>10478
[X] Sit near the back left
>> No. 10482
[X] Sit near the back left.

So Black is either White's sister or her Persona. My bets are on the latter.
Anyone else think we should let something about the Second Days slip for people knowing about it noticing? Something along the lines of "Hello, I'm Takeba Yukari. I tend to get lost inbetween days." would be my suggestion.
>> No. 10485
[x] Back and to the left.

When our Charm gets to Level 6, our own fanclub will annex Marisa's.
>> No. 10487
File 122445315885.jpg - (18.04KB , 341x512 , Hansen.jpg ) [iqdb]
10487
[x] Take a seat over there.
>> No. 10489
>>10487

oh u
>> No. 10492
[x] Back and to the left.

I kind of want to blackmail those chemistry club guys. It could be fun.

Also try to ask Marisa what she'd think about a fanclub for her as when you get a chance. I wonder what her reaction would be.

Maybe it would be best by first asking Reimu while Marisa's around. Then ask Marisa to disguise the question as if you're just asking her for the heck of it.
>> No. 10513
[x] >>10482
>> No. 10516
File 122452932364.jpg - (122.87KB , 500x492 , LilySaidKnockYouOut.jpg ) [iqdb]
10516
You know, it occurs to me that, considering our disagreements with Letty, Miss White just might be our new best friend.

Target acquired, amorous mode engage.
>> No. 10522
File 122453188849.jpg - (254.22KB , 700x800 , Aki-sisters.jpg ) [iqdb]
10522
Stepping forwards, and past several rows of desks, you find one of the empty seats at the back and sling your bag onto the desk before sitting down yourself. Looking to your left you see a blond, smiling girl and to your right you see... the same blond smiling girl.

“Takeba!” Hisses one of the two, “I thought it was you!” Surprised you turn to face her and frown. “Gah! Don't you recognize me? It's me! Aki Minoriko!”

You blink, then your eyes widen as recognition finally dawns on you. “Ah!” You exclaim, “Your hair!” No wonder you didn't recognize your friend, the last time you had seen her she had hair that reached easily down to her back.

The girl grins, “You like?” She asks, fluffing her hair with one hand, “I felt it was time for a change, you know?”

“And I'm sure that had nothing to do with Takahashi-sensei admitting he liked girls with short hair, right?” Speaks up the girl from the other side of you, her voice literally dripping with sarcasm. “Honestly sis, I don't know why you even bothered - he's way too old for you. Or at least he was before he keeled over with RO.”

“Gaaaah!” Minoriko wailed, slumping over and smacking her head on her desk. “Why did he have to go down with it?”

A little creeped out by the way your friend is acting you turn to the other girl, nearly identical but unknown to you. She merely shrugs in response. “Yo.” She says, raising one hand in greeting, “Aki Shizuha, i'm sure you've guessed I'm the twin of that love-struck idiot there.”

“Wait!” Minoriko declares loudly, sitting up straight in her chair, “Maybe I can heal him with lo-urk!” The girl's declaration cuts off as she pitches backwards, a lump of chalk bouncing off her forehead. At the front of the class Miss White stands, still in a post-throw position - you're dimly aware of Minoriko slumping forwards over her desk once again, this time from unconsciousness rather than despair. With you, Shizuha and most of the rest of the class smiling nervously at the overly violent homeroom teacher you make a mental note to not draw Miss White's ire as long as you were in her class.


Your classes for the day, after the initial homeroom period, passed quickly and relatively easily. Minoriko and her sister Shizuha provided plenty of entertainment to make you feel somewhat more comfortable with this new school environment as they escorted you around between classes and introduced you to the impressive cafeteria. Now though classes were over for the day and you had a whole afternoon and evening ahead of you... with not much to fill it with.

“Well, we'll see you tomorrow Yukari!” Minoriko said, grinning, “Unless you want to follow us to out club meetings - there's a whole bunch of them at the school, mostly because so many club members brought their clubs with them when they were made to transfer here.”

Shizuha nods eagerly, “We've got loads of clubs here - sports clubs, culture clubs, educational clubs... entertaining clubs! You name it and we're bound to have someone here who's running one!”

“Well,” adds her sister, “You don't have to join one today or anything, you should probably wait a bit until you're settled down here first - oh, and bring some sports gear, we have Gym tomorrow... Your old stuff will be fine for now, but you should probably at least replace your shirt with a Kannagi one when you have the chance - they're going cheap because they don't know who's going to leave again - or when.”

“Anyway,” Shizuha cuts in again, “I'm with the dance club, and Minoriko is with the music club - which isn't bad because both clubs work together a lot, we're preparing for a show at the end of this term so... you'd be welcome if you want to join either, but there are plenty of other clubs who'd be just as grateful.”

"And you don't have to be limited to one club either!" chimed in Minoriko, "We're both in the swimming club too! But... don't join too many clubs, or you'll end up all dizzy juggling them all, you know?"


[ ] Head back to Letty's now.
[ ] Join a Cultural club: (Eg: Drama, Music, Art, Film-making etc)
[ ] Join an Educational club: (Eg: Chemistry, Language club, Study club, etc)
[ ] Join a Sports club: (Eg: Track, Swimming, Hockey, Martial arts, etc)
[ ] Join an Entertainment club: (Eg: Chess, Film-watching, Reading club, etc)
>> No. 10523
Is there, perchance, a Gardening Club?
>> No. 10526
>>10523
If you want, yeah. Though you'd have to make a call on which classification you want it in... I'd expect either Culture or Entertainment. (As entertainment likely covers more 'hobby' type activities)
>> No. 10527
>>10523
There better be!
[X] Join an Educational club: (Eg: Chemistry, Language club, Study club, etc)
Something to do with fire; chemistry, maybe engineering.
[X] Join a Cultural club: (Gardening)
I figure gardening would fall within the purvue of being a cultural pursuit.

No need for a sports club with Meiling's lessons incoming.

Full-plate? Sure is!
>> No. 10530
[X] Join an Educational club: (Eg: Chemistry, Language club, Study club, etc)
[X] Join a Cultural club: (Gardening)
>> No. 10533
[x] Join an Educational club: (Rocketry)
[x] Join a Cultural club: (Gardening)

:awesome:
>> No. 10545
[X] Join an Educational club: (Eg: Chemistry)
[X] Join a Cultural club: (Gardening)

Oho, blackmail.
>> No. 10546
[ ] Join an Entertainment club
Drama/theater

Because, you know, It might just be awesome if takeba can orchestrate a resounding double cross, or even a world class misdirection. Theater always helps with this, especially for the productional features. Barring this,

[ ] Entertainment club
-Magic.

Same reason, different route.

Never know when it might be useful to be able to run a convincing misdirect, especially since there seems to be people running around in the second days besides Letty and Kaguya. Dunno if all of 'em'll be friendly either.
>> No. 10548
>>10546
ammendum: [ ] Join survivalist club.

The onesthat run around with the airsoft guns and the like. Survival games and such. Potentially explosives and traps. Need I say more?
>> No. 10551
[P] Join a Cultural club: Gardening Club
[P] Join a Cultural club: Astronomy Club

To fit in with our gardening theme, firstly. Secondly, because we chose the starry sky way back when we looked in the mirror, and it feels appropriate to join the local astronomical society.

On another note, I find it amusing that in this story we are bothered by Letty, yet in Skittles we adore her. Quite the divide, there.
>> No. 10553
File 122454813291.jpg - (92.01KB , 500x281 , Shmion_header.jpg ) [iqdb]
10553
>Shizuha and most of the rest of the class smiling nervously at the overly violent homeroom teacher you make a mental note to not draw Miss White's ire as long as you were in her class.

No, that's Lily Black in Lily White's clothes. She's keeping her sister locked up in a dungeon.
>> No. 10555
[X] Join an Educational club: (Chemistry)
[X] Join a Cultural club: (Gardening)
>> No. 10559
>>10551
That's because we have a penis in Skittles

You are now imagining your penis in a bowl of Skittles. Manually

Good call on the starry sky. The arsonist meme is starting to lose its shine now. >>10527 changing vote.

[X] Join a Cultural club: Gardening Club
[X] Join a Cultural club: Astronomy Club

You sure astronomy is cultural and not educational?
>> No. 10563
>>10553
fapfapfap
>> No. 10587
File 122460382712.png - (750.63KB , 900x787 , 9d96171ba8344530b268754f0d44f456.png ) [iqdb]
10587
>>10559
>> No. 10592
>>10553
Or she's out with RO.

>>10559
>The arsonist meme is starting to lose its shine now.
Maybe in your world.
>> No. 10613
File 122462997797.jpg - (533.67KB , 1280x1024 , Dai-wall.jpg ) [iqdb]
10613
“Hey,” You speak up after a moments thought, “Do either of you know if there's a gardening club here?”

The twins pause for a moment and 'hmmm' in thought for several seconds, “Yeah,” Shizuha begins, “I think so... I remember seeing a first year hauling some pots and things out to the old changing rooms...” She looks at you and shrugs lightly, “Clubroom space is at a premium, so some people have taken to using what they can find. If the water still works in there then I guess it'd be good for growing things maybe... We've never been in there but you can see it has a tinted glass roof from outside, so I guess it's sorta like a greenhouse.”

“Wasn't that why Michiko said they closed it?” Minoriko asks of her sister, “Because they had too many people fainting due to how hot it got in summertime?”

“Really? Akane told me it was because someone got murdered there, and that ever since people refused to use it because they claimed to see ghosts!” Shizuha responds, smiling brightly at her sibling. Then, in a fashion which makes you cringe, the two of them turn to you and grin. “Right?” They exclaim, “You can find out the truth for us!”

“Sure, sure,” You mutter, turning away from the sight of them acting in tandem. “So... Which way are they?”

“mmm... Just go past the gym really, they're around the back of there, not exactly hard to miss.”


Having left the twins to annoy people other than yourself, you soon found the changing rooms they had been talking about. The building had indeed seen better days, but it was sturdy and stable despite the mens half being boarded up and a large 'danger' sign hung over the door. From the female half is a faint humming which you quickly follow inside. Evidently 'bare bones' had been the motto of the day when this place was built as they were basically a small locker room, then a larger room full of benches and hooks for clothing while off to one side, where the humming was coming from, was a simple communal shower room - just some spray-nozzles mounted on walls with a drain here and there in the slightly sunken floor basically. Here, in the shower room, several pot-plants lined the edges of the sunken area, and you could see that someone had covered the drains with old rubber tiles so that there was a good inch of water covering the floor. Presumably every so often it would be drained and replaced with water from the showers... effectively they had become a rather effective-seeming irrigation system. They could even do it without getting wet themselves, since the tap for the showers was outside the spray area - right next to you in fact.

At the far end of the showers, humming happily, is a girl with mid-length light green hair. From what you can see she's wearing a pair of boots and squatting down to trim and prune some plants in large ceramic pots at the far end of the showers. So far she didn't seem to have realized you were there.

[ ] Action
>> No. 10614
[ ] Turn on the water.

I'M HELPING.
>> No. 10617
[X] Greet the girl.
[X] "Is this club looking for new members?"
>> No. 10618
[X] Greet the girl.
[X] "Is this club looking for new members?"
>> No. 10622
>>10613
[X] Clear your throat to get her attention.
[X] Greet the girl.
[X] "Is this club looking for new members?"
>> No. 10656
[ ] Accidentally lean on the tap while admiring the girl.
>> No. 10657
[X] Accidentally lean on the tap while admiring the girl.
[X] Offer your body heat to help her dry off faster.
>> No. 10658
[X] Greet the girl.
[X] "Is this club looking for new members?"
>> No. 10659
[X] Greet the girl.
[X] "Is this club looking for new members?"
>> No. 10667
You watch the girl for several moments before calling out to her in greeting. She seems to jump slightly in surprise before she looks over her shoulder at you.

“Is this club looking for new members?” You ask, your voice cheerful. The various plants, some in flower, and the obvious dedication to them that this first year possesses has cheered you up greatly and it shows in your demeanor. The girl looks at you curiously for several moments before pushing herself to her feet with a slight grunt, tools in hand she carefully hops and skips across several chunks of concrete slab evidently placed to act like stepping stones over the water.

You're surprised to find that the girl is a full head shorter than you, an unusual sensation since you were usually the shortest person in a group. Looking up at you the girl frowns slightly and cocks her head to one side. From this close distance you can clearly see her light green eyes, as well as the fact that her hair - weirdly enough - isn't dyed as you had first thought or, if it is, it was incredibly well done.

“You're interested?” The girl asks, her voice light and curious. “You're the first person to be...” She frowns, “But you have the air of a plant lover about you I guess... So... Ah!” She smiles slightly at you, “Maybe I should give you a test first? This isn't a club for novice gardeners yet - It needs a few more experts before we can really teach anyone anything...”

“No problem!” You exclaim, “I'm no novice!”

“Well... then you'll have no trouble... uhm...” The girl looks around for a moment before settling on looking at a crowded looking pot. “That pot needs thinning out, I want you to remove some of the plants from it and move them to a new pot, okay?” You nod at her and nod again as she hands you a small spade and fork. “Well, get to work - I'll be working over there if you need me.” So saying that she promptly turns, retraces her steps over the stepping stones, and crouches down again to resume her work.


Separating the plants out takes a while, but it's relatively easy and relaxing work to you. Soon enough you realize, with a final pat of newly replaced soil, that you're done. The club leader is leaning over you from behind, examining you work for a moment... then she pats you on the shoulder and smiles happily. “You're in!” She declares, “That was done perfectly!” Grinning she hops over to dry land and, after a few moments, you join her. “Well,” she states, turning to face you, “Daiyousei!” She declares, holding out one hand, “President and first member of the Gardening club!”

“Ah...” You grasp her hand and shake it gently, “Takeba Yukari,” you state, “Most recent member of the Gardening club?” At that the girl grins.

“This place is open as long as I'm around,” she says, “'cuz I have to unlock the door if you want to get in - I'm busy on tuesdays, thursdays and fridays though. Monday, wednesday and saturday are open.” Looking around the girl rocks back on her heels a few times, “And... uhm... try to find some new members maybe? With you and me there are two experts now...”

You nod and Daiyousei claps her hands in glee. “Well,” she says, “I guess that's all for today... there's not much else I want to do to my plants... Oh! If you have any of your own you want to bring in here, that's fine - the more unusual and pretty the better!” Nodding in agreement you leave the changing rooms, and their plants, behind and let Daiyousei lock the door shut. Bidding her farewell you head off, intent on reaching Letty's with time enough to spare to do something in the evening.


[ ] Evening activity (Eg: Go talk with a girl, Go to the mall, Training with Meiling, etc)

Gardening Club - Membership Obtained
>> No. 10674
in b4 Yuka is Dai's persona, if she even has one.
>> No. 10675
>Here, in the shower room, several pot-plants lined the edges of the sunken area

feels good man

[x] Training with Meiling

KICK PUNCH IT'S ALL IN THE MIND
>> No. 10684
[X] Training with Meiling

Might be a little much, and I would like to talk to Reimu more, but I'm wondering what the after effects of our joke on Sakuya were.
>> No. 10685
[x] Training with Meiling
>> No. 10686
[X] Training with Meiling
>> No. 10700
>in b4 Yuka is Dai's persona, if she even has one.

Most of the people Minato hung out with were normal, after all.
>> No. 10701
>in b4 Yuka is one of Yukari's personas

Fixed
>> No. 10743
Actually... You pause and change direction towards a cafe, an idea germinating in your mind. Besides, you were hungry.

After fishing in your schoolbag for a few moments you pull out your, admittedly cheap, mobile phone and flip it open. As you had expected a number of text messages flash up as having been received and unread. Flicking through them you find few of importance, mostly 'how are you' and 'where are you now' questions from your old schoolmates - the ones who hadn't been sent to Kannagi. One, however, is from Meiling and it is this one you wanted to find as with it is Meiling's own contact number, a number you promptly dial.

“Ehhh..” Meiling's voice comes out, somewhat tinny due to the cheap speakers in your phone, “Who's this?”

“Yukari,” you say, “Remember? From the Arcade - Letty's friend.”

“Oh... Oh! Right!” You hear the chinese-style girl laugh on the other end of the phone, “The one who pissed Sakuya off something fierce!” She giggles, “That was pretty mean... but funny as heck!”

You snigger slightly, remembering the look of outrage on the silver-haired girl's face. “Yeah, that was pretty good.” You agree, “Anyway... I have nothing to do tonight, so I was kinda wondering if you were free or something...”

“Eh?” The girl goes silent for a moment, “Well... I have some essays to do, but I can put them off for tonight easy enough... I'm not getting anywhere anyway.” She pauses and you hear some papers being pushed aside, “I'm guessing you want to start training?”

“If possible, yeah, or at least you can get some idea how much work I need to do.” you say, “I'm not exactly unfit but I'm pretty sure I'm not up to your level.”

As you continued to the cafe you swapped details with Meiling, as well as a few jokes, and eventually agreed to visit her at the house she and Sakuya apparently shared. From what you could gather the house belonged to Sakuya's family, and that she had let Meiling stay there since they had been friends since childhood and had managed to both get into the same university.


Training, frankly, sucked. Sakuya's house was nice, with a large garage out back which had been converted into a gym... which merely meant that your training session had been exhaustive.

Exhausting too, in fact you didn't think you could move a single muscle if you wanted to - which was why you were currently flopped down on a couch in the girl's living room. A bath had been offered, along with some weird concoction of herbs and spices to be added to it but although it had helped it hadn't managed to remove all the fatigue of the training session.

“You're not bad,” Meiling states as she enters with a tray holding tea and cookies for the both of you. “I don't think we need to do much physical conditioning before we move onto proper technique, do you work out often or something?”

You laugh lightly, “Something like that I guess,” you mumble tiredly, “You might say I've been able to spend whole days working out lately.” before the martial girl has a chance to question you, you quickly change the subject. “So, uh, where is Sakuya anyway? I kinda don't think I want to be here when she gets back...”

“Oh... Yeah,” Meiling responds, “That's probably a good idea, but you've got some time - she's off at her part-time job tonight.” She shrugs, “I teach at the gym on weekends, and she works as a waitress on wednesday, friday and saturday nights... I'm not sure which restaurant though, but she won't be back for another few hours at least.”

Nodding slowly you take a cup and sip at your tea, feeling the warm liquid spread throughout you and your conversation with the redhead continues. Eventually though the time comes to leave and Meiling, to your surprise, offers to give you a lift home - on her motorcycle. A pretty awesome experience indeed, since you'd never ridden on one before.


The next morning comes soon enough, and along with it a whole range of pains and cramps in pretty much every muscle in your body. Meiling had warned you of this, so it wasn't unexpected... but damn did it hurt.

Second Day would begin at Ten today, mid-way through your morning lessons... Which meant only Reimu and hopefully Marisa would be around - though you suspected that Letty would head off to fetch Reisen so that everyone could meet up in one place... which only left the question of what to do, a decision best made while you could inform Letty now and the others on the way to school.

[ ] Meet up at your School
[ ] Meet up at Letty's
[ ] Meet up at Reisen's School

and

[ ] Explore in general,

Head to and explore a specific location:
[ ] The Stadium
[ ] The Park
[ ] The Hospital
[ ] The Cinema
[ ] The Mall - Previously Visited
[ ] Other

[ ] Rest for the day
>> No. 10744
This update should have gone up yesterday, but i kept getting frikkin' update errors so... yeah. sorry for the delay.
>> No. 10745
[ ] Meet up at Letty's
[ ] Rest for the day

We're pretty much wiped out and Marisa is probably still as well. That would only leave Letty, Reimu and Reisen.
>> No. 10746
[x] Meet up at Letty's
[x] Rest for the day
>> No. 10747
[ ] search the school for any other people
[ ] head to letty's
[ ] general arson
>> No. 10762
[x] Meet up at Letty's
[x] Rest up and plan for the next Second Day.

So that we're not being completely indolent.

I'm certain Reimu and Marisa would've explored their own school already. Reisen's school might merit exploration in the future, since she doesn't seem the type to do so on her own.
>> No. 10769
>>10762
Well, given that Yukari kinda fell into second days with out much warning herself, It might be worth it to check out the school just to see if there's any new people. I mean, I don't think that there's any easy way to predict who will or won't wind up getting dumped into the second days.
>> No. 10790
Eventually it was agreed to meet up at Letty's - the place was known to everyone and relatively defensible when compared to either school. Sure enough, at ten o'clock sharp, the world transformed - this time it was the relative familiarity brought about by the vast trees and plants covering and growing over everything. Getting out of class had been somewhat of a pain, since every class in the school seemed to be absolutely packed with trees that grew outwards and spilled into hallways or out through windows. Somewhere in the twisted mass of wood your classroom had become, you had seen a few tiny forms of fairies similar to the one you saw on your first Second Day but... Well, they were near impossible to physically get to and frankly you didn't want a repeat of the whole screaming-and-burning event.

Just navigating the hallways to meet up with Reimu and Marisa had left both yourself and your blond ally panting with exhaustion. You were still tired from your training, and Marisa evidently still had the last few traces of fever still in her system. As a result the trip to Letty's had gone slowly, with frequent breaks for you and Marisa to gain a few moments rest. Although a reasonable fight had broken out on the way it had not been anything the three of you couldn't handle, though you and Marisa had both loudly protested about doing anything but sleep when you got to Letty's place.


The day passes quietly, with the occasional shadow that wandered too close being taken care of by Reisen, Reimu and Letty. After a restful day, and an even more restful sleep you, Reimu and Marisa head back to the school where, after a mad scramble through the tree-infested halls and classrooms, you're back in your seat and merely waiting for the Second Day to end.


“Ah... maths is so dull!” You sigh at Minoriko's complaint as the trio of yoruself and the Aki sisters leave your classroom for the last time that day. “Why can't we have more music or art or something?” You nod absentmindedly as you tune her out.

“What'cha thinking about Yukari?” You blink as Shizuha's face fills your vision and, recoiling in surprise, almost send the people behind you flying.

“Don't do that!” You hiss, “And for your information I'm just wondering about clubs, the gardening is fun and all, but it seems it's just me and Daiyousei - the girl who started it. I figure maybe I want to try a slightly bigger club... to meet people, you know?” Shizuha nods in understanding.

“Any ideas which one?” She asks.

[ ] Join an Educational club: (Eg: Chemistry, Language club, Study club, etc)
[ ] Join a Sports club: (Eg: Track, Swimming, Hockey, Martial arts, etc)
[ ] Join an Entertainment / Hobby club: (Eg: Chess, Film-watching, Reading club, etc)
>> No. 10791
[ ] Join an Educational club:Chemistry
>> No. 10792
[x] Join an Educational club: Chemistry

Burn the school down in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 10793
[X] Join an Educational club: Astronomy

Again, we chose the starry sky when we looked into the mirror that awoke our Persona. It's only fitting that we choose to involve ourselves in astronomy. It will bring us closer to our Persona.
>> No. 10794
[x] Join an Educational club: Astronomy
In before Renko is the club president.
>> No. 10795
[x] Join an Educational club: Astronomy

In long, long before we meet Maribel and experience deja vu.
>> No. 10806
[X] Join an Educational club: Astronomy
>> No. 10810
[X] Join an Educational club: Astronomy
>> No. 10814
“Mmm... I was thinking Astronomy maybe?” You pause and think about it for a moment, “Or chemistry.” Then you twitch slightly, recalling your prior luck with fire - adding explosive or toxic chemicals to such could only make it worse. “Actually, maybe not chemistry - something a bit less messy is probably a good idea.”

“Tired of scrubbing your clothes?” Minoriko asks, “I've seen what you look like after you've been gardening - I'm pretty sure a washing machine would struggle hard with the dirt you grind into your clothes like that.” You nod, although it was perhaps a little rude to point out, the girl was speaking the truth - you usually had to scrub for quite a while before you got to a point where your rather pathetic washing machine could actually succeed at leaving your clothes clean. That said, Letty's washing machine didn't do a bad job on shadow-goo stained clothes, so it would probably do better than your junk of a machine at cleaning out mud.

“Yeah,” you say absently, “Even if that wasn't a problem I think it's still too much work - Besides I saw a few of the 'chemistry club' members yesterday morning.”

Shizuha nods in understanding, “The Kirisame fanclub, huh? Yeah, they pretty much drive a lot of people away from the science block.”

“Of course,” butts in her sister, “Kirisame herself drives everyone else away - the way it's told, half the school is terrified of her and the other half is really terrified of her.” The girl shrugs, “She's not that bad though - I have a few classes with her, she's just pretty intense about some things.”

“Ooh, like witchcraft?” Shizuka asks, smirking evilly, “You really don't want to bring up stuff like that around her, she hates it with an absolute passion - first week we came here we got to see her lay into the occult club something fierce. As far as I understand though, she doesn't mind the paraphernalia and stuff - it's just decoration to her,”

“But if you so much as hint that any of it actually works, then she'll go ballistic.” Minoriko glances around, then hunkers down slightly to whisper conspiratorially, “I heard her mom was some kind of occult fanatic - magic and demons and all that, and she got so deep into it she ended up getting sacrificed by her so called 'coven' .... or so they say anyway.”

You look at Minoriko and frown slightly.

[ ] “She lost her mother?”
[ ] “You shouldn't listen to rumors you know,”
[ ] “What else have you heard about her?”
[ ] “Huh... any other students with interesting pasts?”

In progress: Joining Astronomy Club
>> No. 10815
[ ] “She lost her mother?”
>> No. 10816
[ ] “She lost her mother?”
[ ] “Huh... any other students with interesting pasts?”

Poor Mima. Is it Mima?
>> No. 10817
>“I heard her mom was some kind of occult fanatic - magic and demons and all that, and she got so deep into it she ended up getting sacrificed by her so called 'coven' .... or so they say anyway.”

>You look at Minoriko and frown slightly.

[x] "Girl, that's BS."
>> No. 10820
I was thinking about something.

We are in the Gardening club -- earth -- and th Astronomy club -- heavens.

Earth and the Heavens. I don't know what, exactly, could be done with this or what implications to draw, but as far as I know, that's a good combination in pretty much any Asian mythology (Chinese especially).
>> No. 10821
>>10820
Heaven/Heavens, either one.
>> No. 10824
[ ] “She lost her mother?”
[ ] “Huh... any other students with interesting pasts?”
>> No. 10853
[ ] “She lost her mother?”
[ ] “Huh... any other students with interesting pasts?”
>> No. 10854
“She lost her mother?” You ask, curious. You had some vague idea of what that was like, since you hadn't seen your own mother - or father - in a long time. Then again, they hadn't died, just abandoned you for their own benefit... You were pretty sure that if you ever saw them again you would end up having to be burying more than flower bulbs in your back garden.

“Mmm...” Shizuha hums, “I wouldn't trust the rumors though. I've been told at least five different stories about the event since I came here - they don't even agree on if she's dead or not. Maki from language class told me that Marisa's mother had been locked up in care because she went batshit crazy on 'magical' drugs and herbs.” The girl shrugs, “while Jun in art said she'd just run off with some hippie 'magician' guy and left Marisa's dad to look after her. I'm sure if you ask other people you'd get even more different accounts of it all.”

“Whatever,” grumbled the other twin, evidently annoyed at having her account discredited, “Marisa's mom is gone, and she hates the idea of magic because of it. Psychic powers? Yeah, superhuman abilities? Maybe. She's okay with that sort of thing because there's some... uh...” She glances at her sister.

“some scientific hypothesis,” she supplied,

“uh... yeah, some hippy-three-sis, about the idea that they can actually exist. Or so she says anyway.” Minoriko nods, and both you and Shizuha sigh at her mangling of the language. Then again, she was never all that good at technical things back at your old school... apparently, however, her sister was the opposite.

“Well...” You sigh, “Whatever. The only way you'd know for sure is by asking Marisa yourself, and that's really not the sort of thing you just come out and ask you know.” Shrugging you begin to move off, leaving the twins behind. “I'm off to find the Astronomy clubroom,” you call back, “See you both tomorrow, okay?”


The clubroom was located, as you had expected, up in the science building on the third floor - where there was a large lecture theater with a conveniently domed roof... Apparently the building had been specifically built that way a few years back since the sciences were one of the subject areas the school specialized in. At least thats what you read on a plaque outside the main door anyway.

Hearing voices inside the theater you quickly look over the 'recruiting' sign pinned to the door before knocking loudly. Moments later it slides open with considerable force and you're left looking face to face with a familiar blond girl. “Eh?” You begin, surprised, “Marisa?”

“Yukari!” The girl exclaims, grinning wide, “You gonna join our club? It's awesome!” Before you even have a chance to answer your Second Day ally grabs you by the arm and literally drags you inside where a few other people already are. The moment you stop and get a chance to look around your breath catches - the room is dark with only the light of a thousand tiny stars twinkling down from the dome above providing any illumination.

“Wow...” you breathe, “This is... impressive.”

“Uh-huh,” Marisa agrees, nodding proudly in the darkness, “The roof is riddled with fiber optic wires, and we have a computer in the back we can use to pretty much control them all individually - normally they just turn 'em all on to light the room up but we can also use 'em to make a star map - even have some pretty cool things like comets and stuff moving too.” You can practically hear her grin, “It's awesome right? We can watch the stars in here when it's too cold or wet to do it outside - plus we can look at stuff we don't normally get to see.”

[ ] “I didn't think you were the sort of person who'd like Astronomy.”
[ ] “You know, I was certain you'd be in the chemistry club instead.”
[ ] “That is pretty awesome... can it display anything else?”
[ ] “Say, Marisa, I heard a few... uh... rumors about you...”
>> No. 10855
>You were pretty sure that if you ever saw them again you would end up having to be burying more than flower bulbs in your back garden.

hahaha

[x] “That is pretty awesome... can it display anything else?”

Like a city map?

[x] “You know, I was certain you'd be in the chemistry club instead.”
>> No. 10858
[x] “That is pretty awesome... can it display anything else?”
[x] “You know, I was certain you'd be in the chemistry club instead.”
>> No. 10863
[x] “That is pretty awesome... can it display anything else?”
[x] “You know, I was certain you'd be in the chemistry club instead.”
>> No. 10882
“That is pretty awesome...” You mutter, looking up at the starry sky shining above you. “Can it display anything else?” you ask, turning to look at Marisa.

“mmm...” She shrugs, “A few things, yeah. We've pulled up maps of the moon's surface and other planets and stuff, but that's about all it's good for. The resolution isn't exactly great, and anything not specifically made up for it gets all stretched out weird.”

“Neat,” you reply, “Though I didn't expect to see you here Marisa, I was certain you'd be in the chemistry club instead.”

The girl grins at you, “I am - but don't tell anyone, you're not really meant to be in more than one educational club... Sometimes I'm up here and sometimes I'm down there - it all depends on how I'm feeling, see?” She shrugs and leads you over to some cushioned seats in one corner of the room. “Making things burn and explode is all well and good, but frankly half of what we do down there stinks something fierce - and sometimes I don't really want to put up with that and the cleaning up afterwards. The other guys don't seem to mind, which is nice.” You smirk slightly, no doubt the 'other guys' in the chemistry club didn't mind Marisa's absence now and then as it probably gave them a chance to hold their Marisa Fanclub meetings. “So!” she exclaims suddenly, breaking you out of your vaguely amused thoughts, “Lemme show you around!”


The club meeting lasted for the best part of an hour and by the end of it you felt that your head was going to explode from all the information Marisa had tried to cram into it. Constellations, star patterns, information about the moon, the moons of other planets, hell - Marisa seemed to be a walking encyclopedia on anything related to science. She also had a slight problem with knowing when too much was too much it seemed as she simply didn't want to stop talking. You still didn't know quite how to think of her, but it felt somewhat reassuring that someone as evidently smart as she was happened to be one of your allies. Knowledge, you understood, was something far too easily taken for granted when you had it and didn't need it but was so supremely valuable when you needed it and didn't have it.

For now though, you had an entire evening ahead of you and no particular plans as of yet.


[ ] Evening activity. (Talking to girls, Training with Meiling, Visiting the Mall, other reasonable activities.)
>> No. 10884
File 122566231572.jpg - (456.81KB , 1024x768 , 1556684.jpg ) [iqdb]
10884
>>10882
[X] Evening activity. (Visit mall with Reisen.) If that's too idort, more Reisen quality time than mall.
>> No. 10910
[X] Evening activity. (Visit mall with Reisen.) If that's too idort, more Reisen quality time than mall.

Eh, might as well.
>> No. 10911
[X] Evening activity. (Visit mall with Reisen.)
>> No. 10917
[ ] Evening activity. (Training with Meiling)

Say, what day are in the story? What matters knowing when the characters are active/avaiable if we don't have a calendar?
>> No. 10925
Calender... oh hey, yeah - I better start giving you that info, huh?

Calender days do not (obviously) count second days so unless one actually occurs at midnight then you end it in the same day you began it. (though naturally on early morning or late evening starts you simply might not have time to do anything before/after in that day)


Current Day: Thursday 4th November, 2010.
Evening time period (sometime after 6pm)
>> No. 10926
>>10925

Ah, that's better. Let's see now...

Daiyousei
> I'm busy on tuesdays, thursdays and fridays though. Monday, wednesday and saturday are open

Meiling
>I teach at the gym on weekends, and she works as a waitress on wednesday, friday and saturday nights...

Am I missing someone?

>Current Day: Thursday 4th November, 2010.

Looks like we do have time for a shopping trip.
>> No. 10928
>>10926
just point out there, that's Meiling saying she works on weekends, and her also telling you that Sakuya works on wednesday, friday and saturday nights.
Just to clarify.
>> No. 10929
Having plowed through what little homework you had - a benefit of these perilous times was that most teachers seemed not to care about setting much anymore, what with the high likelihood of either them or their students not being around the next day - you were quite happily lounging around on your bed for a while before, inevitably, the lack of activity began to get to you.

“Gah...” Rolling over you grab your phone and play with it for a moment or two before the bright idea of calling Reisen up pops into your head. Several minutes later, after a frantic search for where you were sure she had written her number down for you, and you'd eagerly waiting for her phone to be picked up.

“'lo.” You blink, that wasn't Reisen's voice. “Reisen's too important 'n pompous 'n stuff to listen to you now so if you'll le-” The voice cuts off as you hear an irate yell in the background, followed by the noise of a scuffle over the phone as you manage to place the voice as Reisen's sister.

“Hello?” Ah. That was Reisen, evidently she'd got her phone off of her sister. “Who's that?”

“Hey, Reisen!” You greet, sounding cheerful.

“Ah! Yukari!” Reisen's voice brings a smile to your face, “Sorry about that, my sister likes to take my phone and lie to people who call up. So... What are you calling for anyway? We have a meeting or something?”

“No...” Pausing you consider your options for a moment, “Actually... I was wondering if you wanted to just hang out or something, around the mall maybe?”

“Uhm...” There's silence for several moments, “... I've... never really done that before.” Reisen eventually states, “I don't... I don't normally have any time to... There's always so much homework... and extra-credit and...” the line goes silent again, “I... I guess I could... I'm a bit ahead, so it'll be fine to take a break - right?”

Not entirely sure how to answer, you nod to yourself. “Sure!” you exclaim into the phone, “How about we meet up in, ah, an hour? By the candy store near the entrance?”


An hour later found you, in casual clothes, waiting by the candy store that Letty had used as a base during that Second Day when you had ended up fighting that freakish bed. Heck, from here you could even see the furniture store the fight had occurred in.

“Yukari!” Looking away from the ex-battleground you blink in surprise as Reisen comes jogging up to you. Given the way she starts panting almost the moment she stops in front of you she must have run all the way here by herself. Her outfit is also casual, but far plainer than yours - the kind of think you'd more likely expect to see someone lounge around home in rather than have an evening out. The purple haired girl obviously notices your scrutiny as she looks down and pulls at her shirt. “Eh? Is this okay?” She asks, “I didn't know what to wear so...”

“It's fine,” you say, waving her worries off. “Shall we get going? This place is only open for a few more hours.”


[ ] Mall activity. (Generally any activity you'd expect to do in a large mall / shopping center. Some cafes and coffee shops are available, and all shops are open.)

last story post this thread~
>> No. 10930
>>10929

[x] Visit the OCCULT SHOP; buy deck of tarot cards
>> No. 10931
>>10929
Never done this before, eh? Might as well start with the basics/stereotype:

[X]Window shop, buy some silly hats.

Never enough silly hats for Touhous.
>> No. 10939
>“Sorry about that, my sister likes to take my phone and lie to people who call up.

Fucking Tewi

[x] Visit the OCCULT SHOP; buy deck of tarot cards.
[x] Window shop, buy some silly hats.
[x] Go to a cafe and share gossip.
>> No. 10951
>>10928

Oh, so Meiling can teach us any day that's not the weekends?

[X] Window Shopping. Also check the Occult Shop.
[X] Whenever we go, buy something that matched, for Reisen and us.