[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122230628065.png - (450.74KB , 720x450 , 01 - Ouverture B.png ) [iqdb]
8960 No. 8960
Imperial Era, Year 26, Month of Salynensis.

When you take important decisions, it’s always good to take some time and think on whether or not it was the right thing to do. Of course, it is always wiser to think before taking actions, but it does not means that if you do so you will not make mistakes. Probably the most important decision you had taken so far was the one to join the Imperial Military. You turn over and face the ceiling, lying on your plain yet comfortable bed, the same as the three others in your quarters.

You always felt about doing so. As far as you know you don’t especially like war - or killing people for that matter - but it doesn’t scare you either. You never understood and never questioned yourself about it, but you have always been interested in weapons of all sort. Maybe this is why you enlisted? No. You shake your head silently and sigh. This isn’t all there is to it. You can’t really say you’re one of those utopist heroes who fight for “peace and freedom”. Sure, you’re willing to defend your family and friends, but it’s not as if the other Empires would turn people into slavery or something like that. It’s not as if you were still pre-Imperial Era.

You think about it for a moment, that too was something. It’s not every decade we completely change the calendar and the year notification. 26 years ago ended the Clan Wars. Before this, Auriga Space was filled with Clans and independent nations struggling against each other endlessly for power or vengeance. After the 10-years long war, the Great Three agreed to peace and pacified the remaining clans, either by diplomacy or annihilation. Those three nations were none else than the foundation of what became the Imperial Era: The Scarlet Empire, the Lunar Empire and the Celestial Empire.

After the Clan Wars, prosperity lasted for 20 years before the attacks on Nox and Terra by the Empress Saigyouji and a short three-way war torn apart the newly reunited galaxy. You were only twelve years old back then. This was the first time you had been able to see war somewhere else than in a history class. Interrupting your little synthesis, a voice boomed through the speakers.

-“Issuing Gamma Status! All hands to battle stations! I repeat: status Gamma, all hands to battle stations!”

You recognize the voice and smile ironically; it is no one else’s than [______________1]. Who would have thought a war would spark so fast after the last one? Nobody saw it coming, but it doesn’t matter to you now. You are a soldier after all. You swiftly get off your bed and put the rest of your uniform on, taking a few seconds to see if everything is well-placed. Once you are all set, you leave the room and rush toward [_____________2]

------------------------------
[Choice 1]
[ ] Admiral Izayoi, you serve in the Scarlet Empire’s flagship, the SSV Immemorial Apparition
[ ] Colonel Meiling, you are in the Nexus, the famed fortress in high orbit over Red china, guarding the borders of the Scarlet Empire.
[ ] Admiral U. Inaba, you are serving in the Lunar Empire’s flagship, the LSN Invisible Full Moon.
[ ] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[ ] Commodore Hakurei, you are part of the Hakurei Team who is currently in the Nox System, getting ready for the Celestial Empire’s most important Operation the last war.
[ ] Commodore Kirisame, you are part of the Kirisame Team who is currently leading the assault the Nexus.

[Choice 2]
[ ] The bridge, you are the tactical Officer of your ship and your job is to coordinate the numerous weapons of the cruiser you’re on.
[ ] The Hangars, you are a fighter pilot [[Cannot select Major No Fujiwara’s team if chosen]]
[ ] The Hangars, you are a Mobile Suit pilot

[Oh By the way, the choices you make now are not Beton you'll be able to change eventually]

-----------------------------
Why Hello Thar /Others/. Long story short, this board needs moar Space Touhous. Write-ins and Multiple choices all welcome 'course. Writefag desn't afraid of walls and whatnot. Oh and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep up a decent pace even with two stories so don't worry about this.

>> No. 8963
[x] Grand Admiral Sikieiki, leaders of the an Elite Mercenary Group known as the 'Cleaners', specializing in taking up missions other powers tried with their own forces and failed. Of course, you guys have your own agenda besides money...
[x] The Hangars, you are a Veritech Pilot
>> No. 8966
I should have specified to keep write-ins and MCs for after the first post...
>> No. 8967
ALSO, While I'm thinking about it, the []Encyclopedia option is avaible anytime you can access a terminal. Even in battle situation (Althought it would be risky for obvious reasons)
>> No. 8968
In the pipe, five by five.

[x] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[x] The Hangars, you are a Mobile Suit pilot

This looks like the most fun. Mokou fighting on Kaguya's side? Suicide missions, one after another.
>> No. 8969
>>8966

Naw, I'm just having one of THOSE days.
>> No. 8970
>>8968

Actually, the story about how Mokou's got to fight FOR Kaguya is even more hilarious than that. At least I think so...
>> No. 8971
File 122230944893.jpg - (152.46KB , 350x700 , graham.jpg ) [iqdb]
8971
>>8970

Well, I'm convinced.

[x] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[x] The Hangars, you are a Flag fighter Mobile Suit pilot.

"Your movements are stiff, Gundam!"
>> No. 8974
[x] Commodore Kirisame, you are part of the Kirisame Team who is currently leading the assault the Nexus.
[x] The Hangars, you are a fighter pilot

Because humanity always has the coolest fighters.
>> No. 8976
File 122231302225.gif - (179.09KB , 376x332 , 1221941108711.gif ) [iqdb]
8976
>>8971

ORETACHI WA....GUNDAM DA
>> No. 8978
[x] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[x] The bridge, you are the tactical Officer of your ship and your job is to coordinate the numerous weapons of the cruiser you’re on.

AND FUCK YOU I'M WRITING IN NOW.

[x] You may be a tactics officer, but you also have your own mobile suit with which you pwn the cadets on a daily basis.
>> No. 8984
>[ ] The Hangars, you are a fighter pilot [[Cannot select Major No Fujiwara’s team if chosen]]

Mokou can't be our squadron leader? What's wrong, too hot-blooded for you?
>> No. 8985
[x] Commodore Kirisame, you are part of the Kirisame Team who is currently leading the assault the Nexus.
[x] The Hangars, you are a fighter pilot
>> No. 8986
[x] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[x] The Hangars, you are a Mobile Suit pilot
>> No. 8995
>>8984

Oh, you'll understand soon enough, trust me.


ALSO. Why no love for Scarlet Empire?
>> No. 8996
>>8995

Probably because it sounds like a hard-assed military base with little to no chance of a soldier getting any.
>> No. 8998
>>8978
>cadets
>Elite Unit
MAKES PERFECT SENSE
the cadet-pwning part aside, this write-in would be likely to happen.

>>8996
Ever imagined being ordered around by Moe Moe Flan-chan?

---
I'll probably be keeping the votes open until tonight, so far MS Pilot in Mokou's Squadron wins. ALSO, Gundam fans I'm sorry to disapoint you but you're not gonna be a Gundam Pilot. Why? because they always tend to turn emo for some obscure reason.
>> No. 8999
[x] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[x] The Hangars, you are a Mobile Suit pilot.

bandwagon
>> No. 9006
[x] Commodore Kirisame, you are part of the Kirisame Team who is currently leading the assault the Nexus.
[x] The Hangars, you are a fighter pilot

Would have gone with Mokou if it weren't for the NO FIGHTERS ALLOWED thing.
>> No. 9012
[X] Admiral Izayoi, you serve in the Scarlet Empire’s flagship, the SSV Immemorial Apparition
[X] The Hangars, you are a fighter pilot

Fighters are for speed. Laugh at your enemy as he uses his most badass attack and you just nodge to the side a bit and avoid it altogether. This is piloting like it should be done.

>>8995
Will I be taken into consideration?
>> No. 9013
>>9012

Yeah, but unless you kidnap some more anons and make them vote, it's still 5 For Mokou and 3 for Marisa.
>> No. 9014
>>9012

Boom and Zoom then?
>> No. 9021
File 122238507581.gif - (113.08KB , 900x700 , destroid-monster.gif ) [iqdb]
9021
>>9012

As lovely as piloting the TIE Interceptor sounds, I think I'll stick with my life-support and shields and armor and missile pods.

[x] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[x] The Hangars, you are a Mobile Suit pilot.

The Lunarian Kaisers, a civilian military provider for the Lunarian Empire. Though ostensibly a mercenary organization, the Lunarians have been its sole contractor since its founding. Their royal charter means they operate under special authorization of the Lunarian Empress and puts them outside the jurisdiction of Admiralty, effectively establishing the Kaisers as an irregular force with minimal accountability and oversight.

Despite being on retainer for the Lunarians Empire, its ranks consist mostly of expatriated Terran and Colony-born humans, rather than Lunarians or the ubiquitous Moon Rabbits that make up the majority of the rank-and-file Imperial Navy. Being not ideologically or racially aligned with the Empire (to say nothing of the significant strain it places on the military budget), its mobilization invariably results in agitation among politicians and the Navy brass, though nothing ever comes of this: The orders of the Empress are beyond rebuke, and the results the Kaisers produce cannot be argued with.

Flight leader Mokou no Fujiwara often takes to the field herself, operating the indomitable Destroid Monster. Her seeming recklessness and disrespect for protocol is legendary; despite being only a major (and a self-proclaimed one at that), her mere presence on the battlefield is known to make admirals on both sides cringe.
>> No. 9023
>>9021

'ya know, there's some truth in that. Not much, but there's some.
>> No. 9025
>>9021

There's something to be said about a fighter that has enough engine power to blast from the surface into space within seconds, (compare other lift-offs in TPM or AotC) or can circle around a planet fast enough to pull off an ambush. (RotJ)
>> No. 9029
[X] Admiral Izayoi, you serve in the Scarlet Empire’s flagship, the SSV Immemorial Apparition
[X] The Hangars, you are a fighter pilot

No chance of winning, yet I vote for it anyway.
>> No. 9065
>>9023
>'ya know, there's some truth in that. Not much, but there's some.
If the truth is half as awesome as Anon's description, this will be win.

[x] Major No Fujiwara, you managed to make yourself a place in the Elite Unit known as the Lunarian Kaisers.
[x] The Hangars, you are a Mobile Suit pilot.
>> No. 9066
File 122245552480.jpg - (141.10KB , 734x812 , 1200832436103.jpg ) [iqdb]
9066
9012 here:

>>9014
With Flandre as (hopefully) our commander later on? Pic related.

>>9021
Newtypes do not need Armor. Newtypes only need a halfway decent moving machine and Fin Funnels. I voted Fighter since I thought the Mobile Suit would be more of a tank than a fast-moving Gundam, so it would be better for developing our Newtype Ability. And before >>8998 comes into play: Char was not an emo, as far as I know. And we only need our Newtype Ability for the Hit&Evade boni, not for the mind-reading part.

>>9013
Two down, two to go, it seems. After that we would need a tie-breaker.
>> No. 9067
Okay so far we got:
(7)Mokou
(3)Marisa
(2)Sakuya

>>9066
Clearing this out already, Mobile Suits aren't tankies in T.A.L.E. they're indeed Gundam-ish type but without the Rigged part. Both types of machines can compete against eachother and wheter a fighter or a MS is victorious against the other is greatly depending on luck and the skills of both pilots.

And YES you could have ended up in Flandre's ship later in the story had you chosen to be either with Sakuya or Meiling (Probably faster with Sakuya). Always keep in mind that this is a battlefield, people die and need to be replace, I'm going to give you opportunities to get higher in ranks and power (in fact that's one of the goal of the CYOA you start of as a new officer and make your way to the top). However, although will have chances to be transfered from a unit to another amongst your faction, changing sides and joining anothe Empire will require a lot of work and of justifications.

tl;dr, you're not locked anywhere but you'll have to impress me

FINALLY, I'm posting from college, I wrote most of the update between two classes but I still need to finish and find a pic. I should post shortly after I come back, which means in an hour or two.
>> No. 9068
>>9066
>Newtypes do not need Armor. Newtypes only need a halfway decent moving machine and Fin Funnels.

Fuck your Newtype shit. A mobile armor with a decent half-control system like the Neue Ziel rapes your entire armada, bits or no bits.
>> No. 9073
>>9067
>I should post shortly after I come back, which means in an hour or two.

hooray!
>> No. 9075
>>9068
Because waiting for the targeting computer to lock-on and then pull the trigger Kira-style is so much more badass than dogfighting your way through whole armies unscathed. How could I fail to see that?

>>9067
You mean like a slow pilot in a fighter is easily outmaneuvered by a fast pilot in an MS. I just thought that the MS in this story could have been of the slower type. And, as I already said, we need to use fast machines if we are to boost our evade-stat.
Also, hooray for writing.
>> No. 9079
>>9075
>dogfighting your way through whole armies unscathed.

No, it's just that I'd rather do so without the need of magical superpowers.
>> No. 9091
>>9075

Of course an MS isn't as fast as a fighter, however they have great maniability and can be used in numerous situations which creates a balance. It's about the same between the Three Empires, they all have fields in which they are clearly in lead.

Also, I got delayed, I blame people on MSN challenging me on BNet. Update coming now
>> No. 9093
File 12224738675.png - (353.53KB , 481x361 , 02 - Skirmish.png ) [iqdb]
9093
Without wasting a second, you hurry towards the hangars. Condition Gamma is translated for the common of mortals to “Dangerous situation, potentially serious”. It is the third out of the five status a ship or base can go through, the most convenient being Alpha and the most feared being Epsilon. Right now it only means you are under attack and the culprit is most likely the Celestial Empire. Their forces are currently stationed in high orbit over the planet “Korindou”. The planet who used to be a major commercial centre, but more importantly a neutral planet, was invaded by the Celestians in the last war.

A few hours ago, the LSN Lost Contemplations - a Lunaria-class cruiser – and two Pulsar-class frigates were attacked by the Celestian forces at Kourindou while they were patrolling the areas around Apollo, a peripheric system of several planets bordering both the Scarlet and Clestial Empires. A large military base is established on Apollo as it is able to take watch upon both nations at once. Being the only potent force in the area, the Lunarian Kaisers were called to rescue the ambushed fleet.

Upon arrival, one of the allied frigate had already been sunk and the second was slowly following. The Lost was alone facing a whole Celestial task force composed of a Seraph-class cruiser, two Maiden-class support and transport vessels, three Sunrise-class frigates and six Believer-class corvettes. The Lunarian Kaisers had to offer but two Blackhole-class carriers plus the Lost. All units were ordered to deploy immediately and the whole unit engaged the celestial task force. Surprisingly enough, despite their crushing numeric superiority, the enemy fleet retreated before any of the two sides could take any serious casualties. More importantly, the enemy Command Ship had not been identified yet.

As you make your way to the hangars, questions start harassing you. Why did they retreat so fast? Could it be they are here for a mission that requires them to remain undetected? What is their purpose here? If it is still them, then why are they attacking you now when they could have inflicted you massive damages immediately? All those questions you try to answer the best you can, but without even having an idea of who commands the enemy fleet, it is hard to play the strategist.

You finally arrive at your destination, other pilots pass by you without a word, rushing to their engines and you do the same. Most of the pilots in the Lunarian Kaisers have already battled on many battlefields and you can’t help but feel inexperienced since you were only transferred here two weeks ago from the military base at Apollo where you trained. Well, you can’t deny you finished major of you class at the academy, it is in fact the whole reason you are here. You tell yourself you shouldn’t worry too much about performances and just focus on the job. As you are about to enter your own mobile suit, a technician grabs your shoulder and stop you.

-“Hey you there! Wait up!” you turn around and listens to your interlocutor “We didn’t have time to recharge this one’s energetic core and weaponry! It’s not ready.”

-“Damnit guys! Couldn’t you--”

-“We were doing the best we could! Do you think we like having them attack again while we’re trying to work on repairs and re-suply?”

-“… You’re right, sorry. Is there any--”

-“Yeah, we still got some back up Aurora models, they may be old, but they’re still quite enough to take on any Celestial machine.”

This is somewhat true, the Celestial Empire was always behind in term of energy and technology. One of their strength was the devotion of their soldiers and their sheer number but that number backfired at them as they have difficulties equipping their troops with recent equipment and supplying them all with energy. Even if they are the enemy, you can’t help but commend the Celestial soldiers for managing with what little they have and be good opponents.

You turn around and take control of one of the Aurora models. You make a routine evaluation of the systems and notice with a pleasant surprise that this model is still completely operational. You review it’s weaponry and sensors automatically and smile. The voice of the Major is once again heard in the comm. system of your Mobile Suit.

-“All units on standby! We’re uploading the coordinates and data on the enemy vessels.”

A tri-dimensional map appears above the targeting monitor and icons appear one by one. A blue sphere indicate the carrier you are actually on and a green sphere right on it’s left represent vice-commandant Kamishirawa’s carrier. Five red needles of different sizes are facing the spheres and their class and status appears above with a small line pointing them.

-“Confirmed, one Seraph class, two Maiden-class and two sunrise-class! Squads one and two take off immediately. Squads six and seven are launching as too. What the hell do they think they’re doing bringing only five ships? Are they mocking us!? We’ll show them what the Kaisers can and WILL do their sorry asses!”

That’s the commander you’ve learned to appreciate. Her boiling temper and her pride are making her more dangerous than the most fanatic celestial soldiers and she has skills in numerous domains. Her attitude has always been somewhat… different from what you would expect from a superior military officer, but you can’t complain. Yet. You can’t help but consider the possibility of a trap, but this time around it’s different. This time the Kaisers have the initiative and by focusing on the bait, they could deal a severe blow to the task force before the rest of their vessels can react.

Finally, it’s your turn to the catapult, half of squad six has already launched and you’re next. Your machine walks into position and grabs the particle rifle hanged on the side.

-“[________1], Aurora, [_______2]”

--------------------------

[Choice 1]
[ ]Write-in. For this one I want y’all to find yourself a name, however, I don’t care if you want to name your anon after a character from somewhere else or a myth like in other CYOAs, but your anon will NOT inherit the stats/personality/whatnot of the original you name it after. Your anon can be male or female I don’t really mind neither.

[Choice 2]
[ ]Write-in. Now this is a little more complicated. I assume you don’t want to just be saying the classic “launch” or “taking off” each time you leave your main ship. So here I’m giving you an opportunity to create yourself a little catchphrase to use whenever you leave for the battlefields that will be completely yours.

N.B.
About what I said earlier about stats powers and whatnot, you will gain abilities according to what you do and how you do it.

[AUTOMATIC Encyclopaedia: Aurora]
CODE: Aurora
TYPE: Standart MS
ARM :
- x1 60cm pulse particule rifle
- x1 25cm Rubylaser pistol
DESC :
The standart mobile suit unit used by the Lunarian forces, the Aurora is equipped for anti-air and anti-ship combat. Even if the Aurora Kaiser is starting to replace it, it is still able to oppose enemy units without too much problems and is still used in most fleets. It’s autonomy is decent but it’s speed and mobility is nowhere as good as it’s successor’s.

Related articles:
[] pulse particle rifle
[] Rubylaser pistol
[] Aurora Kaiser
>> No. 9094
[X] "That we will, Commander. Bruckheim, Aurora, taking flight. Just sit back and watch."

Alright, this is pretty bitchin'.
>> No. 9096
[X] "That we will, Commander. Bruckheim, Aurora, all systems nominal. Just sit back and watch."

I could never bring myself to pilot a giant robot without either hearing or saying that phrase.
>> No. 9097
[x] Badr Darklighter (According to this baby names website I just pulled up, means an asexual name meaning 'Full Moon' in Arabic)
[x] I'm in the mood for some Latin tonight. Can someone put 'Peace through Victory, Victory through Firepower' into Latin?
>> No. 9099
[x] Brock Kurogane, Aurora, ready to kick some ass!

[x] pulse particle rifle
[x] Rubylaser pistol
[x] Aurora Kaiser
>> No. 9107
File 122249168548.jpg - (28.26KB , 399x300 , Porkins.jpg ) [iqdb]
9107
>>9096

I see what you did there.

[X] "That we will, Commander. Red Six, Aurora, standing by--all systems nominal."

Fitting, since we're apparently piloting the mobile suit equivalent of a Y-Wing.
>> No. 9117
lol... i died a little on the inside.
>> No. 9133
>>9097

Damnit, I'm an idiot. Maybe I should've gone with Barbara "Babs" Darklighter instead. Because of, you know. Bunny.
>> No. 9135
>>9133

Damnit, I'm an idiot. Maybe I should have gone with suggesting names myself instead. Because of, you know. Nobody getting along and making me unable to update
>> No. 9136
>>9135

This is /others/, what the fuck do you expect? It's the same in every thread here.
>> No. 9137
>>9135
Bruckheim is winning with two votes for on the name part, and there seems to be some consistency on what to say. You could probably blend a few if you really don't feel like waiting.
>> No. 9138
>>9135

Just give us a squadron number. We can decide a name later.
>> No. 9140
[X] "That we will, Commander. Bruckheim, Aurora, all systems nominal. Just sit back and watch."

UPDATE
>> No. 9143
A JERRY BRUCKHEIMER PRODUCTION
>> No. 9182
File 122263007181.png - (306.40KB , 480x361 , 03 - Skirmish (part 2).png ) [iqdb]
9182
"That we will, Commander. Bruckheim, Aurora, all systems nominal. Just sit back and watch."

You launch hastily, reactors at full capacity, and join up with the rest of the Sixth Squadron. You arm your particle rifle and look carefully at the monitors. For now, the targeting monitor only indicate the five enemy ships but it’s only a matter of time before they launch their own machines. Most likely they will be fighters: The Celestial Empire being behind in technology as always are almost exclusively using “Crusader”-class fighters. However, you’ve heard rumors about Margatroid Techs having developed an All-purpose mobile suit for their troops. You don’t know if it is true or not but you yet have to see one of your own eyes. That wouldn’t be too surprising though, Margatroid Techs have been making many breakthrough lately for the Empire which slowly but surely start catching up.

-“Here’s the plan boys, Squad Two and Seven will take on a frigate each and will get rid of their Anti-MS weaponry. Squad Six will split in two and take down the fighters as they launch. Squad One will attack their CS and destroy the “Longbow” cannon.”

You nod silently to the Major’s plan. Just as usual, she’s going all out from the very beginning, not giving the enemy a single chance to react.

-“Squads Three and Eight on standby!” concludes the Major before launching her own machine towards the center of the enemy formation.

Squad One is being led by the major no Fujiwara herself while Vice-commandant Kamishirawa takes command of the two carriers. Rumors are that the Lunarian Kaisers will be gifted with a Lunaria-class cruiser shortly, but this is yet again only rumors. The forty Mobile suits scatters and heads toward their objectives.

-“Okay listen up, especially you the rookie from Apollo, we’ve got two ships to annoy so we’re splitting up.” The voice of the flight leader for squad six replaces the Commandant’s in the speakers “ Lys, Geril, Halser, Ryo, with me. The others you’re taking care of the other one.”

Your group splits in two and the flight commander charges toward the first vessel. You head toward your objective as well. As you approach, the Maiden-class is already launching it’s fighters, just as expected. You rush in and open fire with your particle rifle. Three thin yellow beams hit the first catapult of the enemy vessel. You reverse the thrusters and fly backward to disengage from this risky position and barely avoid the fire of the five Stallions on this side of the ship. You take a better look at the vessel and try to register the exact position of it’s weaponry. The five stallions near the catapults, five other stallions at the rear, same on the other side. Five L-296 turrets, three cannons each. Finally, there’s the “Bow” on the front of the ship which is currently not deployed.

The five mobile suits of your group engage the enemy vessel with caution. You’re only five versus a considerable amount of firepower. The Maiden-class is probably one of the most annoying Celestial ships as it is half-way between a carrier and a destroyer, combining a decent capacity with a considerable firepower. Before you could destroy the catapult, a handful of fighters had already launched: Crusader models like you thought. You count half a dozen of them on the targeting monitor.

-“Watch out pals, those are L-296 pulsars! They fire a lot faster than normal laser turrets!” the voice of one of your female comrades warns the rest of the group.

-“We know that already!” replies another

-“Hey! Don’t get all cocky and die on me you moron” counter the first one.

-“As if! I should be the one worrying about you, talking like that on the comm., Instead of focusing on the battle.”

-“Well” you start “While you two are having your little lover’s quarrel, I’ll be taking care of the mobile units before they flank us”

The two others immediately stop and nearly get hit by the continuous fire of the stallions.

A fourth voice joins the chatter -“Well well well. Looks like the even the rookie caught up on you two.”

-“Why you...” the second pilot is nearly raging over the comm. .

In the meanwhile, the ship’s turrets rotated to the right and aligned towards the mobile suits. Adding to the already omnipresent fire of the Stallions, a barrage of white beams starts showering your group. This girl wasn’t kidding, those L-296 have quite a good firing rate.

Your group is forced to adopt a defensive strategy, focusing on dodging and occasionally firing their particle rifles at the celestial fighters. The combined barrage from the Stallions and the turrets fill your general direction with 15cm bullets and white 90cm lasers. You can make it, but won’t be able to keep this for long. This is where the celestial forces are forced to admit they are facing Elite Forces. Where regular soldiers would have been crushed by the firepower in mere seconds, the five Lunarian mobile suits are still unharmed, although exhausting their power quickly.

-“This can’t go on like this, we’ll worry about those fighters later!” shouts the girl who spoke first.

-“You’re right, we’ll go with the rookie and take out those turrets first, else we’re not going to make it. Kaori, Hiroko, you’ll keep those fighters at bay while we move” says the guy who argued against her earlier.

-“Roger that.” You acknowledge simply. “Five turrets, three pilots, whoever destroys least pay a drink to the others when we get back.”

-“Willing to spend all your money already?” Replies the girl before laughing.

The three of you push the Auroras to their maximum and waltz around the net of bullets and lasers, grazing numerous projectiles on your way to the support ship. Before long, you land on the vessel. The two others are still behind. Standing between two turrets, you smile. Now you are in a dead angle of the stallions and the turrets can’t fire without causing damages to the ship. They are defenseless. Quickly reacting, the fighters are ordered back to protect the vessel but are hammered of yellow beams as Kaori and Hiroko, ready for this, close in from the flanks and quickly take down the fighters.

You look with satisfaction at the small red dots disappearing quickly on your targeting monitor. Truly a convenient weapon for close-range battles, this particle cannon. Unlike lasers, they travel the void at an incredibly faster speed and reach their target almost instantly, making dodging nearly impossible. The downside of this weapon being that it fires by shots of tree instead of a real rapid-fire and it’s considerably shorter range.

You let go of the rifle and grabs the Ruby-laser pistol fixed on the side of the mobile suit and activate it. Once again a short-range weapon, this pistol of a very high-density laser is designed for anti-ship combat. Despite being only a small 25cm ray, it has roughly the same firepower as the 120cm laser turrets on a Lunaria-class cruiser. Demanding in energy and still unstable, the ray cannot remains focused for long and will scatter if not shot from a very short distance, namely, the situation you’re in right now.

You arm the pistol and grab the nearest turret, shoving the pistol into its central cannon and smash the trigger. You immediately take off from the ship as the small red beam hits. You fly backward towards the next turret and use your MS’s other arm to protect yourself from the debris of the explosion. A gaping hole is now replacing the turret in the hull of the vessel. You repeat your attack on a second one and take some distance once again.
>> No. 9183
-“I can’t believe this shit!” your teammate’s voice erupts in the comm., angrily.

-“Looks like the rookie beat you Kei~” says the girl with an amused voice.

-“Oh yeah? Watch this!” claims Kei as he aims the pistol at the bridge and pull the trigger repeatedly, annihilating the command post of the vessel whose stallions goes silent. “20 cannons! Sure that gets me a lot of points!”

-“Don’t be a sore loser Kei, we said the turrets, not the cannons.”

-“DAMNIT”

-“You’re done playing?” Kaori’s voices interrupts you as hers and Hiroko’s MS fly by “We’re done her, let’s--”

Cutting her, two transmissions arrives almost at the same time.

-“To all Squad six members, get your arses over there, this Maiden-class is a true bitch to take down.”
-“ All avaible units, focus on the Seraph-class cruiser!” This time it’s the commandant’s voice.

------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Go assist your Squad Leader, it’s a direct order after all.
[ ] Go assist Mokou, if the Commandant needs back-up, there’s something serious going on. Besides, your group took down the first maiden-class quite easily.


------------------------
Encyclopedia Entries coming as soon as you can logically look it up without getting shot down because you're too busy reading it. added some info since it's weapons you should already be familiar with
>> No. 9185
[ ] Go assist your Squad Leader, it’s a direct order after all.
>> No. 9186
[x] Tell the others to go ahead and assist your squad leader; you'll head to the Seraph-class and report on the Commandant's situation.

You might get chewed out by your squad leader later, but this sounds like a chance to really prove yourself.
>> No. 9190
[X] Go assist Mokou, if the Commandant needs back-up, there’s something serious going on. Besides, your group took down the first maiden-class quite easily.

If I recall correctly our squad leader is a guy, right?
Helping the girl > helping the guy.

What squad leader gets himself outclassed by a fresh cadet anyway?
>> No. 9329
[x] Tell the others to go ahead and assist your squad leader; you'll head to the Seraph-class and assist the Commandant.

Plz to be interpolating actions, BA?

>>9190

Every pilot in Ace Combat, ever.
>> No. 9352
[x] Tell the others to go ahead and assist your squad leader; you'll head to the Seraph-class and assist the Commandant.
>> No. 9362
>Oh and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep up a decent pace even with two stories so don't worry about this.

(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
>> No. 9376
Holy shit, something finally won?

though luck, I've got my hands full with mid-session exams and retarded projects and I can't get in the right mood. I'll most likely update at the same time as I do -01 tomorow evening
>> No. 9430
File 12229915695.png - (211.01KB , 480x361 , 04 - Skirmish (part 3).png ) [iqdb]
9430
[x] Tell the others to go ahead and assist your squad leader; you'll head to the Seraph-class and assist the Commandant.

--------------------------------------------------------------


Not able to enjoy your victory for now, the rest of your squad needs support, more intriguingly yet, the commandant herself does. You blink, taken by surprise by that transmission, but you are not one to lose your professionalism for so little. In a matter of seconds, you’ve already made your mind on what the best course of action to do would be.

-“Kaori, you and the others meet up with the flight Leader and provide our guys with some support. I’ll be heading to Squad One to sort out what’s happening around that seraph-class”

You announce your decision with confidence, displaying a leadership your comrades didn’t expect.

-“The commandant is a resourceful woman, she’ll be able to manage, you’ll get in trouble if you don’t come immediately.”

Although Kaori’s reply is true and that the commandant is able to handle herself on the field, you just can’t admit her calling for back-up and nothing weird going on.

-“Well, what would you say if I was merely checking up on them to give a report of the situation to our respected leader?”

Kaori stops for a moment, thinking silently. She finally gives up the argument and concludes the discussion with obvious disapproval in her voice.

-“Right, hurry up and get out of there before I change my mind.”

-“Wait, you’re going to let him do that?” Kei interferes, frustrated. A glimpse of jealousy can be discerned in his voice as he obviously would have wanted to think about this first.

-“Cut it out Kei, we’ve lost enough time already.”

On this, the four mobile suits head toward the rest of the squad while you hurry toward the enemy fleet’s core, the Seraph-class cruiser. As you close-in, the ship’s long and sharp silhouette impose itself. The Celestial vessels are very different of the Lunarian vessels. Unlike the former, the latter are built to be the most dense possible and are displaying curvy designs while the celestial ships are made with little care for esthetics. All that seem to matter under the blue and gray of their hull is to be efficient.

The vessel’s weaponry is omnipresent. Asides from even more stallions, this time regrouped in six groups of four, there are dual laser turrets on the sides, most likely the same firepower as those who were on the Maiden-class. Before the bridge, there are also three tri-canon laser turrets which seem slightly larger than the ones on the sides, spread along the length of the ship. Finally, there’s the ship’s most powerful weapon, still concealed in the front of the vessel: the 400cm Gauss Massdriver. This gigantic canon had been designed to pierce through any energetic shield without any problem and still have enough power to destroy a whole ship.

The Squad One is here too, they seem to be caught between the fire of the ship and... Wait, are those mobile suits? You glance at the targeting monitor and stares back at the visual sensors. There’s no mistaking it, those are the rumored models developed by Margatroid Tech. You count twelve of them against the ten MS of Squad One. You’d think Squad One would be able to beat those suits pretty easily, but being caught in the crossfire of the Seraph and those machines needs a lot of focus on merely surviving.

-“Hey you! Hurry up and engage those bastards! Don’t tell me you’re the only one”

The voice of the commandant floods your speakers with her usual bluntness.

-“My apologies Major, but the rest of my squad is having problems taking care of the other Maiden-class so the Flight Leader ordered us to--”

-“I. Don’t. Care. You see that Seraph-class? It’s the CSS Titan’s Fist of the Ibuki team. If we can sink it we’ll deal a major blow to the Celestial by taking out a veteran team from the First War. Just do your stuff.”

The Ibuki team? God knows what the Empress Saigyouji is planning, if those are in post here, then it pretty much means trouble in a near future. You join up with the rest of the first squad and open fire of your particle rifle against the enemy. They seem to be using L-296-powered weapons with a rapid-fire capacity. Although they are usually behind technologically, those suits you’re facing now seems quite efficient. And they are piloted by experienced veterans too.

You reply in kind to their shots but the battle isn’t as easy as it was against the Maiden-class. Suddenly, the Seraph rotates and faced the battlefield. This maneuver reduced the number of Stalions firing at you, but doubled the number of L-296 turrets. You are left wondering about the reason of this sudden change, but soon the answer reveals itself. Three large panels open on the front of the vessel. From the central one, a ridiculously large canon deploys slowly. Aircrafts departing from the two other ones. Wait, if those are the Seraph’s, then where did the MS come from?

You fire several shots at the new hostiles, but they ignore you and regroup apart from the battling mobile suits. The more you look at them, the more they seem different from the average Crusader models. Without even engaging your group, they fly off toward nothing less than the Kaisers’s carriers.

-“MK.II Models? Goddamnit!”
-“Squad one stay here and deal with the rest of those forces, I’ll be taking care of those fighter-bombers. Looks like they’re threatening our ship with two stones at once!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Remain here and try to defeat their forces before they can fire their main canon.
[ ] Go after Mokou, going alone against nothing less than ten new models of fighters? Even the commandant would need some help on this one.
>> No. 9443
[x] Remain here and try to defeat their forces before they can fire their main canon.

Seems like a better chance to distinguish ourselves here. We're in an outdated machine, while Mokou's is probably painted red and 3x faster; if we followed her it would probably be her saving us, not the other way around. Here at least we have a chance to destroy a cruiser's bridge or its rail driver.

Squads three and eight were on standby and will sortie to intercept the fighter-bombers even if Mokou can't take care of them.
>> No. 9446
Oh, i forgot to mention, but Mokou is in a Aurora Kaiser model, there are rumors of her waiting for a new unit, but for now she's using the same as the rest of her Squad. (Which isn't all that bad neither since the enenmy can't say "lol let's just shoot down their leaderer")
>> No. 9453
[x] Go after Mokou, going alone against nothing less than ten new models of fighters? Even the commandant would need some help on this one.

[x] Stay behind her while firing. If she gets hit, be her shield.
>> No. 9487
[x] Remain here and try to defeat their forces before they can fire their main canon.
[x] Let the rest of Squad One deal with the mobile suits and fixed guns; you'll stop that cannon personally.

Charge through their lines and either fire your particle rifle down the drive barrel or blow the bridge with your pistol.
>> No. 9488
[x] Remain here and try to defeat their forces before they can fire their main canon.
[x] Let the rest of Squad One deal with the mobile suits and fixed guns; you'll stop that cannon personally.

^this.
>> No. 9558
File 122314788315.png - (337.01KB , 480x361 , 05 - Interferences.png ) [iqdb]
9558
You quickly review your options and decide not to follow to commandant. After all, squad Three and Eight are on standby on the ship, ready to help her. It’s not as if you could make a difference over there. However, there IS something you could do here. You disengage from the main battle and head toward the Massdriver. The cruiser is already in fire position and must be preparing to fire right now. Even if it is an obsolete ballistic projectile, it is still able to take down a capital ship in a single blow. Besides, the “Longbow” has an incredible range and speed. There is no way you’re going to let them fire that thing.

As you reach the cannon, two mobile suits block your path. They open fire and shower your unit with white laser beams. You fly upward to dodge the shots and fire your own rifle toward your opponents. The thin green beam hits the torso of the left one mercilessly and the machine almost instantly transform into a small ball of fire, projecting debris around. The right one, more skilled, avoids both your shots and the metal pieces. It tosses its rifle and flies towards you. Wait, did it just drop its weapon? What is that guy trying to do?

Before long, you are given the answer. Two with lasers comes out from devices mounted on the machine’s forearms and stabilize into two small laser blades. You stare at the screen bewildered. When in the world did the Celestians get a hold of such advanced technology?

Taking advantage of your confusion, the enemy pilot lunges its right blade at you. You fly backward but not fast enough. Although your unit itself is not damaged, the white blade cuts your particle rifle in half and you are forced to drop it before it explodes.

The mobile suit attacks you restlessly, fighting much like a boxer using its laser blades. For a moment, you are forced to remain in defense, your opponent not leaving a single opening. This can’t go on like this; at this rate he will buy his superiors the time to fire their Massdriver!

Enough playing around. All thoughts else then your opponent and the cannon leaves your mind as the battlefield around you becomes to only thing in existence. Attempting a risky move, you stop flying backward and literally punch the opponent’s machine with yours. The mobile suit is sent flying away and you finally get the time to draw your Rubylaser pistol. You fly forward and close-in the enemy machine before it can recover its balance and fire the pistol directly at the torso. The machine explodes into nothingness as enough firepower to damage a cruiser blast it’s fragile frame.

Those opponents out of the way, you head once again toward the Massdriver and fire repeatedly pistol inside the oversized barrel. With a loud noise, a large explosion damage the front section of the ship and the first group of Stallions as well as the first tri-cannon turret goes silent. You did it! You got rid of that threat.

-“All units, fall back! I repeat, all units fall back and defend the carriers!” the commandant’s voice erupts in the comm. system with visible frustration “Squads Four, Five, Nine and Ten launch immediately!”

Wait, what? There’s no way only ten fighters could pose a threat to the commander and two complete Kaiser squads.

With a hint of frustration, you fall back along with the First Squad, expecting the enemy to shoot at your back, but surprisingly, the celestial vessels simply retreat as fast as they can. The retreating Kaisers join up and you leave the First Squad for your comrades of the Sixth Squad. You stare blankly at the monitor as you only count five members to the Sixth squad, you counted.

-“Kaori! What happened back there?” you ask the second in-command of the squad with anxiety.

-“Well...” she seems ashamed and angry at the same time “The second Maiden-class was transporting only those new Mobile Suits, they sent half of their units to assist the Seraph-class, but they still outnumbered the first half of our squad. By the time we went here they had already took down two of us.”

-“Kaori... I...”

-“Now the only ones still alive are me, Kei, Ryo and Tsuyako”

-“They even got Ray and Hiroko? I can’t believe this...”

-“Nor can I!”

the usually always calm and professional Kaori nearly shouts and go silent. You’re pretty sure you can hear her sobbing softly. This must have been a shock for her, She and Hiroko were always together since the first day, or so you were told. You’ll have to find some way to comfort her when you go back to the ship.

-“Kaori, I know it’s hard on you, but Hiroko fought all-out to defend what she thought was right. You have--”

-“WHAT DO YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS! YOU WEREN’T EVEN THERE TO HELP US!”

Woah, she really isn’t her usual self.

-“KAORI! Calm down!” Ryo interferes with authority. “I’m pretty sure the rookie was trying to tell you that acting like you do right now is a disgrace to her memory!”

Silence crawls all over the Sixth Squad’s channel. A lone gasp is the only thing you hear for the rest of the way to the ship.

As you close-in the carriers, you can see the rest of the squad is fighting against a large number of mobile suits, could it be Celestial reinforcements? No. The red-white patterns of their frames, even at the distance, gives away the identity of the culprit. With their red laser rifles and their swords, those are Archon-type mobile suits from the Scarlet Empire and no one saw them coming...

---------------------------------------
[ ] Head off to the battlefield immediately
[ ] Watch over the retreat of the rest of your squad, everyone’s pretty much beaten up anyway. You’ll get a new particle rifle and re-supply your energy core by the same occasion.
[ ] Escort your squad to the carrier and make sure they take some rest
[ ] Search for the Commander.
[ ] Search for the enemy’s mother ship.
>> No. 9585
[x] Search for the Commander.
[x] Head off to the battlefield immediately.
[x] Search for the enemy’s mother ship.

That order.
>> No. 9587
[x] Watch over the retreat of the rest of your squad, everyone’s pretty much beaten up anyway. Forget the particle rifle; get another rubylaser pistol and re-supply your energy core by the same occasion.
[x] Search for the enemy’s mother ship.

If their mobile suits are occupied attacking your carrier, then that means they've left their own ship relatively unguarded. With your relative low maneuverability and speed, you're much more effective in an anti-ship role than against enemy mobile suits and fighters. You'll make sure those enemy mobile suits have nowhere to retreat to.
>> No. 9668
[x] Watch over the retreat of the rest of your squad, everyone’s pretty much beaten up anyway. Forget the particle rifle; get another rubylaser pistol and re-supply your energy core by the same occasion.
[x] Search for the enemy’s mother ship.

Taking them unawares and blow their command ship? Hell, that's probably where Mokou is anyway.
>> No. 9672
[x] Watch over the retreat of the rest of your squad, everyone’s pretty much beaten up anyway. Forget the particle rifle; get another rubylaser pistol and re-supply your energy core by the same occasion.
[x] Search for the enemy’s mother ship.

Poor nuggets.
>> No. 10084
update
>> No. 10120
Like I said in the -01 Thread, Mid-session exams are over and whatnot. Also, switching from F-to-5 to F-to-3.

This and writan. Now.
>> No. 10121
>>10120

hooray!
>> No. 10127
File 122377479152.jpg - (55.83KB , 600x600 , 06 - Styx.jpg ) [iqdb]
10127
This is far from good. Where did those guys come from? Where they watching ever since, waiting for the right time to strike? Why did they only attack once the Celestian warships were in serious trouble? You’d wish you had time to gather the answers to those questions right now, but it’s impossible. As if the situation wasn’t bad enough already, the Celestians are far less advanced technologically than the troops of the Scarlet Empire.

-“Those bastards are nothing more than cowards.”Kei starts mumbling in his comm. “Attacking disloyally like that. I’m seriously gonna--”

-“KEI, you are in no condition to do anything right now. You lost your rifle AND your Blade arm got destroyed.” Ryo interferes once again before things starts heating up again.” You won’t make any difference like that.”

-“But I... There’s... I can still... DAMNIT”

As he shuts down his comm. system, you can hear Kei swearing violently. Was he always like that? The rest of the way back to the carrier is completely silent. No one dare say a word until the squad reaches the hangars of the Lunarian vessel. You close your eyes and breathe deeply. You have a few minutes before you’re ready to go again.

You try to use this time to sort out what happened. How come didn’t the crew aboard the carriers detect the Scarlet units sooner? Last time you checked, the Mirage Tech was Lunarian exclusivity. Even if they had somehow managed to steal it, they would still appear on the radars. This is somewhat hard to believe but it’s how it is. What new trick do they have up their sleeves?

-“Hey rookie, you don’t look damaged to me, is there anything besides the energy core?”

The technician from earlier just appeared on the screen. You think a little but quickly come up with your answer. Seeing how you are stuck in an earlier Aurora model against nothing less than the famous Archons of the Colonel Meiling, you’re better off at anti-ship combat.

-“Just give me another Ruby-laser pistol, I’ll be fine.”

-“On it sir.”

The technician pushes hastily a few buttons and a mechanical arm unfolds from the armory, handing out the desired weapon. You grab it immediately and head once again for the catapult. What are the Archons doing here so far from the Nexus? This is quite strange. You always thought they were a defensive unit. That kind of tactic would be what you had expected of someone trying (and failing) to impress the Admiral Izayoi.

-“Bruckheim, Aurora, all systems nominal. Launching again, Just sit back and watch.”

Once again, the thrusters deploy their full power as you take off from the catapult and head off toward the battlefield. You avoid the main battlefield and stop above everything. Paying attention not to get hit by lost rays or bullets, you direct all your attention at the search of the enemy Mothership. Those mobile suits must be coming from somewhere and the Nexus is far from here. You fly back and forth over the battlefield, searching everywhere for a cruiser or a carrier, but to your surprise the vessel is nowhere to be found.

-“Bruckheim, what the hell are you doing up there?” That has to be Ryo, he is the only one who don’t call you rookie all the time.”Get your guns down there and score some points so the Sixth Squad don’t get laughed at when we go back.”

-“Where are the others?”

-“Kei’s mobile suit has to be repaired and Kaori isn’t fit to fight right now. Tsuyako? I don’t know she stormed off so quickly that I lost her. We’re all alone to preserve the honor of the Sixth Squad.”

-“All alone huh? That means no matter how good we do we won’t make that much of a difference.”

Ryo’s Aurora Kaiser break off from the battlefield after taking down the mobile suit it was engaged against and flies off to your position. You continue with your idea.

-“If we really want to do something, we should take down their vessel.”

-“Any idea where it is?”
-“Actually, I was searching for it but it doesn’t seem to be anywhere near.”
-“Styx.”
-“What?”
-“The Styx Nebula! Why didn’t I think of this sooner! Take a good look around you.”

As Ryo says, you observe your surroundings. Below you is the battlefield. Further on your left are the now tiny figures of the retreating Celestian vessels. Behind you would be the Apollo’s station’s general direction. Finally, on your right is the Styx Nebula, a huge spatial formation known for the turbulences inside it. The dusk is so thick you can’t see anything inside unless you are there yourself. You blink and immediately grasp what your colleague is implying.

-“Are you trying to say they are hiding there?”

-“That would explain everything.”

-“But to be able to launch they would have to be on periphery of the nebula and that means they would have crossed all the way through it.”

-“Crazy isn’t it? But that makes them invisible to our eyes AND the electromagnetic interferences also blind them to our sensors.”

-“Who in the hell--”

-“I don’t know, but whoever we’re up against, their commander is either insane or incredibly dangerous. You still intend to go on with this plan?”

-“Of course, if the commander is smart that doesn’t mean they are that strong. Besides they didn’t send that many mobile suits to attack us, they can’t have that many vessels.”

-“Maybe they just didn’t send their full force. That would make perfect sense to keep some units to protect themselves.”

-“Not when you’re launching an all-out surprise attack.”

-----------------------------------------------------
[ ] Proceed with the plan, you were already planning to take their vessels on so whether they are here or in the Nebula makes no difference.
[ ] Back off, this suddenly looks a lot more dangerous than it did.

If you back-off:
[ ] Head off to the battlefield immediately.
[ ] Stay with Ryo and fight alongside him.
[ ] Search for the Commander.

===============================
Blergh, short update, but at least I got a lot of ideas on what’s going to happen next.
>> No. 10130
[x] Proceed with the plan, you were already planning to take their vessels on so whether they are here or in the Nebula makes no difference.

Fuckin' A. Lets do this.
>> No. 10132
[x] Proceed with the plan, you were already planning to take their vessels on so whether they are here or in the Nebula makes no difference.

LEEEEEEEEEERROOOOOYYYY JEEEENNNKIIIIINNNS!!!!!
>> No. 10154
[x] Proceed with the plan, you were already planning to take their vessels on so whether they are here or in the Nebula makes no difference.

Lets rock their boat!
>> No. 10160
File 122384411492.jpg - (671.58KB , 1283x855 , 07 - Unknown Battlecruiser.jpg ) [iqdb]
10160
-”Ryo, it’s useless. No matter what you say I won’t back off”

Silence follows your confident declaration. Several lost stallion bullets whizz between your mobile suits and you fly backward instinctively but Ryo remains completely motionless. Finally, he breaks the silence.

-“I see... “His voice is almost cheerful.”Then I guess I have no choice but to come with you.”

-“huh?”

-“Well, I can’t let you go on a suicide mission all alone now can I?” This time you feel a spike of mockery in his words.

-“... Thanks, I guess...”

With this, the both of you head off toward the Styx nebula. You never thought Ryo would let you got that easily with such a reckless plan, let alone get along with it. Well, granted you didn’t spend much time with him since you transferred, but he always seemed the rational type. The kind of guy Kaori would get along with. You don’t dare ask him, but you really wonder why he decided to follow you despite thinking that this plan was suicide. Maybe he didn’t find it that crazy after all. Or maybe he’s just that serious about the Honor of the Sixth Squad. Well, whatever his reasons are, you now have a potent ally to help you in this daring attack.

As you enter the Styx nebula, your radar goes silent. Your long-range communications also seems to be disabled as you toggle between the channels with parasites as only answer. Around you, the dusk becomes thinner and the optic sensors now relay less blurred images. Blue and purple particle floats all around you, and as you contemplate them, you realize how gigantic of a number of those it takes to create a nebula, especially a huge one like the Styx nebula.

Cutting straight to the sight-seeing, you focus on the enemy. They shouldn’t be too far, so you have to pay attention; both to the vessels and the electromagnetic impulses that radiate within the nebula. Before long, you spot something on your left. The nebula becomes even thinner and it would be a natural path within it. Maybe this corridor links both sides of the nebula. You motion to Ryo’s unit to follow you and proceed into the corridor. Soon enough, you emerge into some sort of clearance, an empty sphere within the nebula. Instead of a pathway, you found the perfect hide-out, and the enemy with it.

You repress a swear as your now completely clear monitors relays with great details the enemy fleet. One firestorm-class carrier, two Nova-class frigates, four Blaze-class cruisers and... and what? You’ve never seen this model before. It looks like an Inferno-class Command Ship, but it is bigger, has about twice the number of turrets and even more stallions. Two large particle canons on each side replace the usual dual one under the hull. Best of all? All those ships must have detected you the second you entered the clearance.

-“This does NOT look good...” Ryo’s voice finally makes it to your ears. “I could be wrong, but I’m willing to think this thing is a prototype Battlecruiser, whatever Scarlet is planning, if such a vessel is here it’s serious.”

-“Could it be the Immemorial?” you ask, not sure whether you would prefer the answer to be yes or no.

-“The Immemorial Apparition, I don’t think they’d send their Flagship with such little escort, yet again it IS an impressive ship.”

At this moment, what seems to be three missiles launch from the unknown battlecruiser. They head toward you with a quite decent speed and you are forced to dodge them, not having any chance to shoot them down. Surprisingly enough, the objects don’t explode but rather continue their course into the nebula and toward the battlefield.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Retreat, there’s no way you’re getting out of this one alive.
[ ] Target the prototype ship, bridge, they didn’t even launch any unit or open fire yet. You can do a hit and run and deal them a critical blow, but you’ve got only one chance.
>> No. 10162
[x] Tell Ryo you're worried that the payload on those missile wasn't meant for you. Tell him to follow and destroy them before they clear the nebula.
[x] Target the prototype ship, bridge, they didn’t even launch any unit or open fire yet. You can do a hit and run and deal them a critical blow, but you’ve got only one chance.

They might scramble a defense force, but if we can clear the turrets we'll be able to lose any pursuers in the nebula.
>> No. 10184
[x] Tell Ryo you're worried that the payload on those missile wasn't meant for you. Tell him to follow and destroy them before they clear the nebula.
[x] Target the prototype ship, bridge, they didn’t even launch any unit or open fire yet. You can do a hit and run and deal them a critical blow, but you’ve got only one chance.

[x] Get Ryo to contact command while he deals with the missiles. You found a strange new ship along with several enemy fleet, this could get ugly if you fail, and you want command to witness it with their own eyes so they don't shrug off your reports of the ship when you return.
>> No. 10187
[x] Tell Ryo you're worried that the payload on those missile wasn't meant for you. Tell him to follow and destroy them before they clear the nebula.
[x] Target the prototype ship, bridge, they didn’t even launch any unit or open fire yet. You can do a hit and run and deal them a critical blow, but you’ve got only one chance.
>> No. 10200
>>[ ] Target the prototype ship, bridge, they didn’t even launch any unit or open fire yet. You can do a hit and run and deal them a critical blow, but you’ve got only one chance.

Newtypefag here.
You guys seriously want to attack eight ships and probably most of their mechs alone with your NT level 0? Even for a little hit-and-run this is suicide, no matter the NT. Besides they seemed to already have found us.

[X] Stay and watch them, perhaps you can find out what they are planning.
[x] Tell Ryo you're worried that the payload on those missile wasn't meant for you. Tell him to follow and destroy them before they clear the nebula.
[x] Get Ryo to contact command while he deals with the missiles. You found a strange new ship along with several enemy fleet, this could get ugly if you fail, and you want command to witness it with their own eyes so they don't shrug off your reports of the ship when you return.
>> No. 10210
>[x] Get Ryo to contact command while he deals with the missiles.

derp

>As you enter the Styx nebula, your radar goes silent. Your long-range communications also seems to be disabled as you toggle between the channels with parasites as only answer. Around you, the dusk becomes thinner and the optic sensors now relay less blurred images. Blue and purple particle floats all around you, and as you contemplate them, you realize how gigantic of a number of those it takes to create a nebula, especially a huge one like the Styx nebula.

>You guys seriously want to attack eight ships and probably most of their mechs alone with your NT level 0?

One ship. Most of their units are engaged against our own back at the carriers. We already know that a capital ship's anti-MS defenses are nearly useless from the cruiser we damaged and the frigate we destroyed. They have only one carrier to our two, so they wouldn't be able to engage our own MS forces on equal terms if they had left any behind. There's a reason they hid in the Nebula despite being more than able to take on our capital ships with their own.

And we're a real-type so yeah!
>> No. 10217
>>10210

10200 here.

>[x] Get Ryo to contact command while he deals with the missiles.

>derp

I read that idea as "Ryo attacks the missiles flying towards our fleet and as soon as his comm works again/he is out of the nebula tells them".
Just, my, opinion, etc, though.

>>One ship. etc

I thought we were fighting the Celestials before and are now up against the Scarlets, who only sent their MS in our direction and no ships. I think we got no intel on the Scarlet's ships in-story, and no matter how bad their MS-defenses may be, 8 ships, one of them being a flagship, firing at us should be more than we should be able to handle, especially as a low-level rookie without special abilities.

Which reminds me, Black Amethyst, can we get some kind of status screen for us without consuming time? Perhaps adding some numbers to our MS' stats we got in >>9093 . We should at least know ourselves without having to resort to terminals, right?

I think I need a trip for my discussion walls. But a trip without a story...?
>> No. 10228
>>10217
Sure, give me something to do while y'all decide

CODE : Pulse Particle Rifle
TYPE : Weapon
EQUIP :
- Aurora
- Aurora Kaiser

DESC: The pulse particle rifle is a variant of the “Dual 60cm pulse particle turret” used on Lunaria-class cruisers and Vegas-class destroyers. It conserve the same properties as it’s mounted equivalent but has a slightly lower firepower due to the limited amount of energy a MS can support. It is used as the main anti-MS/aircraft weapon for lunarian mobile suits.

Related articles:
- Pulse particle technology
- Aurora
- Aurora Kaiser
- Lunaria-class
- Vegas-class


CODE: Rubylaser pistol
TYPE: Weapon
EQUIP:
- Aurora
- Aurora Kaiser

DESC: The rubylaser pistol is a small but powerful weapon designed for anti-ship combat. A 25cm version equips the Aurora and a 40cm version, the Rubylaser Magnum equips the Aurora Kaiser. Although powerful, those weapons are quite recent. The 25cm version is stable but the 40cm version is still in experimental stage and should not be relied upon in critical situations.

Related articles:
- Aurora
- Aurora Kaiser
- Rubylaser Technology
- Rubylaser magnum


CODE: Aurora Kaiser
TYPE: MS
ARM:
- x1 60cm pulse particle rifle
- x1 40cm Rubylaser magnum
- x1 BLADE Arm

DESC: The latest lunarian mobile suit, exclusively used by the Lunarian Kaisers. The aurora Kaiser is an advanced version of the Aurora and is equipped for all type of combats: Anti-MS/aircraft, anti-ship and Close-combat. Aside from its equipment, it outclass the Aurora in every fields.

Related articles:
- Aurora
- Pulse Particle rifle
- Rubylaser magnum
- BLADE Arm
>> No. 10232
>>10217

>I read that idea as "Ryo attacks the missiles flying towards our fleet and as soon as his comm works again/he is out of the nebula tells them".

How about whenever the fuck he gets a chance? Get some damn backup over here! This thing could have a black-hole generator for all we know, especially since this is BA who's making the topic.
>> No. 10238
[x] Tell Ryo you're worried that the payload on those missile wasn't meant for you. Tell him to follow and destroy them before they clear the nebula.
[x] Target the prototype ship, bridge, they didn’t even launch any unit or open fire yet. You can do a hit and run and deal them a critical blow, but you’ve got only one chance.
[x] Get Ryo to contact command after he deals with the missiles.

>All those ships must have detected you the second you entered the clearance.

Not necessarily. Given the environment, I doubt they're paying close attention to their sensors, or at least not enough to notice a mere two mobile suits when every one of our units should be defending our carriers. That we have the nebula at our backs means they won't be able to get a clean visual on us either.

More importantly, that the frigates haven't moved to interdict and that they haven't sortied anything while we're having our conversation suggests they haven't actually spotted us. Those missiles are possibly meant to destroy our now clustered MS units and fighters. If it is indeed Sakuya commanding, then I wouldn't put it past her to sacrifice her own units: If most of the MS and fighters are removed from the board, her capital ships will be able to steamroll over our own quite easily.
>> No. 10263
Newtypefag, here, etc.

>>10228

I meant status for us as a pilot too, good old RPG-style. Sorry if I bother you.

>>10232

>>as soon as his comm works again
>>whenever the fuck he gets a chance

I see those as quite similar in meaning, albeit a bit different in wording.

>>10238

>>More importantly, that the frigates haven't moved to interdict and that they haven't sortied anything while we're having our conversation suggests they haven't actually spotted us. Those missiles are possibly meant to destroy our now clustered MS units and fighters. If it is indeed Sakuya commanding, then I wouldn't put it past her to sacrifice her own units: If most of the MS and fighters are removed from the board, her capital ships will be able to steamroll over our own quite easily.

I have no excuse as to why I missed them not attacking.
Adding the [X] Surprise Attack to my vote at >>10200 .
>> No. 10265
>>10263

Let us combine them, then.

"As soon as he gets a chance"

Therefore, if his comm does fix itself by the time he is away from us, then keep going after he destroys the target missiles until he is able to contact command.

How does that sound?
>> No. 10276
[DATAS]
MN: LNR-090-362-STX-BKM
NAME: Bruckheim
RANK: Enseign
UNIT: Lunarian Kaisers (6th Squad)
ONBOARD: LSN Midnight Nightmare
MACHINE: Aurora Kaiser

Previous assignments:
- MS pilot on Apollo

Notable achievements:
- Major of his promotion at the Academy

[STATUS]
STATUS: Normal
HEALTH: 100%
STAMINA: Normal
MS Armor: 100%
MS Energy: 99%
MS Life-support: 100%

EFFECTS:
None

Abilities:
- Marksmanship - lvl1 [Bruckheim has an accuracy higher than most regular MS pilots and a faster target acquisition rate.]
- Snake Agility - lvl1 [Bruckheim is able to graze attacks and can dodge shots more easily than most regular pilots.]
- Battle Strategist - lvl1 [Bruckheim is able to analyze the situation and to think of strategies even in Close-Quarter-combat.]

Specials:
None
>> No. 10279
>- Marksmanship - lvl1 [Bruckheim has an accuracy higher than most regular MS pilots and a faster target acquisition rate.]

We need to get a burst-fire weapon and upgrade this skill first; if we take it easy, it will prove useful, especially for rank. After a few combat scenes, we'll work on the defensive, counters and strategy stats, and round everything off from there.
>> No. 10280
>>10265

I can live with that.

>>10276

This is what I was wishing for, I apologise again for any inconvenience.

>>10279

I thought Marksmanship would be trained through sniping and doing aimed shots in general.
Personally I would opt to focus more on Snake Agility, higher evade = more time alive = more opportunities to befriend enemies/train other abilities.
Throwing in some Marksmanship to actually hit our faster enemies and Battle Strategist to not screw everything up once in a while works for me as well.
>> No. 10282
No inconvenience whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask for Status/Encyclopedia/Inventory whenever y'all feel like it.


ALSO, I'll take this possibility to tell y'all that there are hundreds of possible events in TALE-03's universe and how this story evolve is really up to you. I mean, the world itself is already set, but you are not locked in a faction/crew/whatever. You are NEVER locked anywhere. It's Real Life-ish and mostly any kind of plot twist are possible. You just have to dare.
>> No. 10294
>>10280

The way I see it, fighting defensively at first and staying alive, would pretty much make you like any other soldier, and relatively worthless on the battlefield. You won't be getting rank promotions for 'not getting hit', and respect from your team mates would be reduced to what you truly are: a new recruit. Don't expect any change in relationships with that.

Rather, getting a heavy-hitter weapon and training to be sufficient with it, allows you to stay back and wipe out the enemy without getting yourself in much danger anyway. If you can dodge one or two shots, and destroy the target in one or two, you're pretty much a shoe-in for victory. Later on, of course, we'll be facing off against more skilled opponents, and that is when our defensive skills will be relied upon. Also, if we have gained any ground in relationships, whether with other soldiers or with ranks, we'd be worth more staying alive and not get anybody else involved when we're in danger.

Eventually, we'll become one of the army's 'secret weapons'. This is the best outcome.
>> No. 10354
>>10294

Ranks and fame can also be gained by dodging your way through a barrier and swiftly striking at a commanding unit. So we would be skipping our days out in the field fighting the cannon fodder and go right to getting known as a good duelist.

Only talking about possibilities though, and I opt for MAX STAT GAINS PER LEVEL anyway.
>> No. 10400
File 122417988479.jpg - (36.13KB , 650x434 , 08 - Flares.jpg ) [iqdb]
10400
-“No, that was... too easy...”

-“What was that?”

-“Ryo, destroy those things and alert the commander ASAP. I got a feeling their target wasn’t us. For as far as we know they could be attacking the Midnight directly.”

Ryo’s machine turns around. -“Those things were fast.” As he sends the thrusters to their full power he continues “I can’t guarantee I’ll make it in time. Besides, cruise missiles aren’t their style so--” The rest of the sentence is drown in parasites as Ryo enters the Nebula

You can’t tell for sure what the target of those missiles was. Just as Ryo said, using missiles has never really been the style of the Scarlet Empire. Hell, with the VOID and Polaris missiles, the Lunarians are the ones who use them most. However, if there is something you can be sure of, it’s that the target wasn’t you and whatever it was it is NOT a good idea to let it reach it.

For now, your main worry is the unknown Battlecruiser. Whether it is or not the Immemorial, just a single look at it tells you this isn’t your average Inferno-class cruiser, even if it had to be an enhanced version of the Inferno, it still doesn’t look like it would replace them. Asides from the superior number of turrets and Stallions, there is no mistaking that this ship has many tricks and concealed weapons. If you want to act, you will have only one chance. You pull the controls down in a single motion and in a matter of seconds pass from immobility to your cruise speed.

As you close-in, every second weights on you. The more time it takes the more likely they are to detect and attack you. You only covered half the distance when the closest Nova-class moves in between you and the ship. Without any ceremony, the vessel fires all its canons at you. The two laser turrets aren’t really a worry, but the Nova-class are darkly known to MS and fighters pilots for one very good reason: One each side are equipped two large Plasma batteries.

If the laser turrets and stallions would have been easy to doge, the plasma barrage is a complete other story. The large barely stable blue spheres fill your optical sensors and the only option is to avoid battle. You have neither the time nor the firepower to take down this thing all on your own. Your true objective is behind it, you must stay focused.

You dive downward and pass beneath the frigate, moving toward the Command ship. To your surprise, the frigate does not try to fire the weapons on its other side and leave you alone. It even moves back to its original position. Could it be they think they got you? Can’t be, as you make your final approach towards the Battlecruiser, it launches a single mobile suit. From the looks of it, it’s another Archon model but instead of being red and white, this one is red and black. So far you’ve never seen customized models like this one.

The unit flies toward you, its laser rifle still on its back. It stops between you and the command ship, cutting your way. However, it doesn’t open fire.

-“Why hello there.” A young girlish voice makes its appearance into your comm. system.

What the crap? Not only do they send only a single mobile suit, but she doesn’t even fire and simply strikes a conversation? It sounds like they’re under-estimating you greatly. You fly upward to pass over the mobile suit and reach your target but you are stopped nearly immediately by the fire of three laser stallions coming from... beneath? You pull backward and realize that the shots came from the customized mobile suits. There’s no time to lose with the small fry, you strafe on your right and once again head for the Command ship but something grabs the feet of your unit.

-“No, you’re not supposed to go away now!”

It’s that girl again. No matter how childish she may sound, she is fast. She doesn’t seem like just any regular MS pilot to you. You would have to take her down before being able to attack the bridge, but that would take too much time. Right now, your cover and the element of surprise are totally blown. The only sane decision to do right now would be to retreat as there is no way to sink the command ship anymore. However, something is bugging you. Why did they only send one unit? Why did the frigate stop firing? Why are they all sitting still when they know you’re here?

Maybe they are the ones over-estimating their forces. They don’t think a single MS would be able to do any damage so they are merely playing with you. Those bastards...

-“Come on come on! Stop running away and fight me!”

-“What’s your problem? You want to die that badly?” With this, your free foot kicks the hand of the black archon and you turn around, taking out your Ruby-laser pistols.

-“Oh, a feisty one! They’re the most fun to kill!” You can’t make out if she is serious or just kidding with that voice of hers. She sounds too young to be a pilot, it feels plain wrong...

-“Well, what can I say? The higher they are the worse the fall is or so they say.” You reply simply, making it known for your enemy that you are not afraid of her.

-“Oh? Is that so? Well, hurry up and make me fall else Mr. Bigmouth will have to pay up.”

--------------------------------------------------------
[ ] Just retreat already there’s nothing you can do here anymore.
[ ] Keep her occupied until Ryo comes back. You got more chances to stay alive if there’s two of you.
[ ] Accept her challenge, fight silently.
[ ] Accept her challenge, talk to her while fighting.
[ ] Ignore her, your only objective is that goddamn battlecruiser.
>> No. 10402
[X] Accept her challenge, talk to her while fighting.

But be careful not to give away our moves to her, just make it a friendly (if deadly) duel.

>>Ranks and fame can also be gained by dodging your way through a barrier and swiftly striking at a commanding unit.

Told you?
>> No. 10403
[x] Accept her challenge, talk to her while fighting.
[x] Try to maneuver the fight closer to your real target—the battlecruiser.

Flan?
>> No. 10405
[x] Accept her challenge, fight silently. Draw it out as long as you can.
[x] Give Ryo some time to get there without actually waiting for him.
[x] Try to maneuver the fight closer to your real target—the battlecruiser.
[x] Roundhouse kick, stun the bitch, and open all your fire upon the ship.
>> No. 10547
[x] Accept her challenge, fight silently. Draw it out as long as you can.
[x] Give Ryo some time to get there without actually waiting for him.
[x] Try to maneuver the fight closer to your real target—the battlecruiser.

Mobius 1 didn't talk in a dogfight. And if it's good enough for him...