[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122206006575.jpg - (37.18KB , 460x300 , blood_spatter.jpg ) [iqdb]
8726 No. 8726
Of course, you have to let the three young ladies with you decide what to do. After all, they ARE the ones who specialize in pranking people.
You pull the three girls into a huddle. Awkwardly, of course; they don't seem to have huddled before. You take it they've never really had to make a game plan before.
Whispering, you tell them to begin discussion.
"Alright, girls, I'll let you decide what to do."
"We should yell at them!" Penny responds quickly.
"No, that's not very fun. We should find a way to glue their feet to the floor." Coco replies.
"That's stupid, and they'd be stuck for more than a small amount of time! And besides, how do we glue someone down without them seeing us?" Penny inquires.
"You think too much, Penny. This is why you're still wearing white~"
"Shut up, Coco! Onric, what do you think we should do?"
"Uh, um. Lets light them on fire!"
"WHAT!? That's more than just a prank, that's murder!"
"Uh, then how about we light ME on fire and I go running past them?"
"Won't you burn up?"
"No."
"Alright, let's do it! Except I don't have a lighter."
"Yumou-sama gave me an incendiary grenade!" Coco pulls one out of her pocket.
...Wait, what?
"Awesome, light me!"
"Alright!"
Coco pulls the pin and drops it on Onric, who quickly bursts into flames. She proceeds to scare the life out of the group of fairies.
After it's all over, you all have a good laugh.
What next?

[ ] Write-in.

>> No. 8728
>She proceeds to scare the life out of the group of fairies.

Weren't we scaring rabbits?
>> No. 8730
>>8728
ffffffffffffffffffffffff
Yeah. Rabbits*
>> No. 8734
>"Uh, then how about we light ME on fire and I go running past them?"

Fucking. Awesome.

[x] "Okay, girls. That, that really inspired me. Tonight let us pull out all the stops. Let us make tonight's events something that the rabbits here will pass down for generations: Mentioned only in hushed tones among the young and knowing silence among the old. Tonight girls, let us prank the unprankable: Leader of the earth rabbits, Tewi Inaba."
>> No. 8735
[x] "Okay, girls. That, that really inspired me. Tonight let us pull out all the stops. Let us make tonight's events something that the rabbits here will pass down for generations: Mentioned only in hushed tones among the young and knowing silence among the old. Tonight girls, let us prank the unprankable: Leader of the earth rabbits, Tewi Inaba."

Awesome.jpg
>> No. 8749
[x] "Okay, girls. That, that really inspired me. Tonight let us pull out all the stops. Let us make tonight's events something that the rabbits here will pass down for generations: Mentioned only in hushed tones among the young and knowing silence among the old. Tonight girls, let us prank the unprankable: Leader of the earth rabbits, Tewi Inaba."

And we still haven't properly encountered Tewi since we handed out those pictures of her so this is either going to end really well, or really badly.
>> No. 8761
BURN THE NON-FLAMMABLE
PRANK THE UN-PRANKABLE
ROW ROW
FIGHT DA POWAH
>> No. 8907
Your massive triumph has gotten you excited.
"Okay, girls. That, that really inspired me. Tonight, let us pull out all the stops. Let us make tonight's evets something that the rabbits here will pass down for generations, mentioned only in hushed tones among the young and knowling silence among the old. Tonight, girls, letus prank the unprankable: Leader of the Earth rabbits, Tewi Inaba."
The three fairies are all silent for a moment. A moment later, however, they cheer enthusiastically.
"Awesome! Let's do it!" one of the girls chimes in.
"Yeah! How're we gonna do it, though? We need a plan." Onric states with clarity.
"I dunno~ Let him decide." Coco puts forward.
"Him? No way! He can't be good at that!" Penny objects.
"I dunno, he seems pretty crafty." the other girl responds. She seems to be the only one defending you. You'd expect at least Onr-wait. Onric, Coco, Penny, and this girl.
...
"What?" Her fluffy white rabbit ears twitch as she stares at you with her dark red eyes.
Oh fuck.

[ ] Play along.
[ ] Berserker pack.
[ ] RUN!
>> No. 8908
[x] Play along.

What's the worst that could happen? :awesome:
>> No. 8909
[ ] Play along.
>> No. 8911
[x] Berserker pack.

What's the worst that could happen?
>> No. 8913
{X} Play along.
>> No. 8940
[x] "We're planning to steal your underwear."
[x] "Wanna join us?"
>> No. 8948
[x] "We're planning to steal your underwear."
[x] "Wanna join us?"

It works perfectly!
>> No. 8957
[x] "We're planning to steal your underwear."
[x] "Wanna join us?"

At least if Tewi is with us, we can be sure that she's not off setting up a trap for us somewhere.
>> No. 8973
[x] "We're planning to steal your underwear."
[x] "Wanna join us?"

VOAT
>> No. 8980
Of course, you have to make this worth the most you can get it to be.
"We're planning to steal Tewi's underwear."
"Oh, that annoying rabbit? I wonder why."
"Wanna join us?"
"Do you even need to ask?"
So here you are rifling through tewi's drawers trying to find her panties, with her looking just as hard as you are. Or at least looking like she is.
"Ah, found them!" Penny shouts as she holds a pair over her head. It's somewhat comical given that, even though Tewi's so small, her panties are still almost bigger than Penny.
"Awesome! Now the other rabbits won't ever shut up about their Penny-onee-sama!" Tewi excitedly shouts. It's quite obvious that she's acting, though.
The three of you spend the next half-hour or so pulling pranks on various people. It's too bad Cirno's not here, she would have loved it. And you think Mystia would have had a lot of fun too if you ran into her she joined you.
Eventually, though, your fun gets interrupted by a rabbit armed with some sort of device that looks like some sort of ray gun.
"U-um, Reisen said to tell you it's time for dinner."
She seems a bit uncomfortable.
"Of course! Lets go eat then!" Tewi excitedly states before racing off towards what you can only assume is the dining room.
"U-um, follow me then."

Your group heads on your way to the dining room, following the rabbit.
As you walk past a hallway, in your peripheral vision you think you see something move.

[ ] Suspicious, check it out.
[ ] Just walk along normally, it's no big deal.
[ ] Ask the rabbit if you can check out her awesome gun.
[ ] Another awesome write-in.
>> No. 8981
[X] Ask the rabbit if you can check out her awesome gun.
>> No. 8982
>"Ah, found them!" Penny shouts as she holds a pair over her head. It's somewhat comical given that, even though Tewi's so small, her panties are still almost bigger than Penny.

Maybe they aren't hers?

[x] Just walk along normally, pretend it's no big deal.
[x] Ask the rabbit if you can check out her awesome gun while taking it from her, as if she had said yes.
[x] Look nonchalant and careless, but be prepared to loose deadly rays upon whoever is stalking you.
>> No. 8989
Eighty quatloos says those were Reisen's panties.
[x] Just walk along normally, pretend it's no big deal.

[x] Ask the rabbit if you can check out her awesome gun while taking it from her, as if she had said yes.
[x] Look nonchalant and careless, but be prepared to loose deadly rays upon whoever is stalking you.
>> No. 8997
[x] Just walk along normally, pretend it's no big deal.
[x] Ask the rabbit if you can check out her awesome gun while taking it from her, as if she had said yes.
[x] Look nonchalant and careless, but be prepared to loose deadly rays upon whoever is stalking you.
>> No. 9034
[x] Just walk along normally, pretend it's no big deal, but steal quick glances at the mighty weapon when you think no-one is looking.
[x] When the rabbit looks back at you, blush and say quietly "I know it's embarrasing... but may I touch it?"
[x] Touch and stroke it with a silly grin on your face, ready to unleash it on unsuspecting victims.

Meh. Feels a bit cliched though.
>> No. 9114
That's somewhat scary. Something moving in your peripheral vision isn't a good thing, not with what you've been going through lately. And that thing from before, the thing in the room with the pentagram. That definately wouldn't be a great thing to run into without being prepared. And at the moment you're quite unprepared. Your options are mostly trying to scratch or stab with your keys or throwing the marble at it. Which is shit in combat.
Oh, that rabbit has an awesome gun. That's right. You'd like to have it. You're sure that she can take care of herself anyway, with this being Gensokyo. You, however, are crippled without a weapon. You might have been able to dodge through and even catch some of Sakuya's knives that were thrown at you, but that's one thing. Getting rushed at by some huge, hungry monster without a weapon is a very very bad thing. In fact, you'd like to get yourself a weapon as soon as possible for that very reason.
But how to get the rabbit to give it to you? It looks like it would be quite an expensive piece of machinery in the outside world, and you can only imagine it would be even more expensive to produce here. The rabbit probably can't just GIVE it to you.
Then again, where civility fails, force usually prevails.
"Hey, can I have a look at that?" you ask the rabbit as you start pulling it from her arms. She quickly jumps back, or at least tries to, and tightens her grip on it.
"Come on, I just want to look at it." you increase the effort you're using. Sure enough, she loses her grip and falls over. Tears form in her eyes, but you stop them by helping her up.
"See, it's not difficult to share." You pat her on the shoulder with a big, friendly smile.
Now, about that thing in your peripheral vision. You've got no way of knowing what it was or whether it's going to be coming after you. Hell, it could have just been your imagination for all you know. But still, being safe is your best bet.
It turned out your precaution wasn't needed. You and your group make it to the dining room without incident. You hand the gun back to the rabbit before entering, and she scampers off somewhere else.

Dinner goes smoothly. Conversation about nothing important that you don't have any input in due to the ever-present lack of knowledge of what's going on (you only ever had access to the stuff that was actually released in the outside world, which doesn't really give much in the way of character information), as well as talks of your current adventures that you DO elaborate on. You tell them all about meeting Cirno, Kohaku, Onric, and Mystia, about donating at the shrine, getting gapped back home (of course, you leave out certain details), meeting Rumia, and flying your way back to the shrine. You extend on through the desert, fighting Wriggle, saving her (for an emergency ration, heh), and taking her back to your group. You tell them of the happenings at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, like how you got your spellcard and Patchouli teaching you just a bit of magic. You also tell them of what happened on your way here; meeting Coco and Penny, saving Mystia from that bird freak, and finding that busted yakitori stand with Cirno, Daiyousei, and Rumia (Kaguya smirks at this). You then tell of your trip here to Eientei, and about waking up in that strange void and killing yourself, followed by scaring the carrots out of the rabbits. Tewi and the fairies laugh at this, Reisen gives you a tiny bit of a glare, and Eirin and Kaguya seem uncaring about the whole thing. You leave out Mokou being here, though, since you don't particularly like the idea of this place being burnt down in a fit of insanity without it being YOUR fault.

After all of the conversation finishes, everyone says their thank-yous and leaves the room. As usual, you're the last person to leave.
Deciding it best to get your stuff, you get a rabbit to show you the way. This one seems a bit less scared than the rest of the ones you've talked to after your childish bit of acting like a zombie to scare them. Perhaps this one wasn't in your path or something. Anyway, she leads you to your room and you enter. Inside, sitting in the center of the room, is your backpack as well as the other large things you'd carry around if you weren't inside of a mansion. Deciding against taking unusual things, you just grab the stuff you normally carry in your pockets.

Inventory:

Spellcard box. Handy for protecting spellcards from theft.
-Spellcard: Affection Sign 'Perfect Ruffle ~ Upgrade'. One mana cost for upgrade effects.
-Spellcard: Forbidden Sign 'Blaze of Life'. Pre-charged. Two medium-sized sparks.

Hunting knife. A normal hunting knife (duh). 7" blade.
Anti-aircraft gun. Seems to have a huge punch, with an equal recoil. Surprisingly small.
Silver Colt M1911 (4). You got this from Remilia. It has a magic circle on it in gold.

Shiny red marble. Appears to be made of ruby. You have no idea where it came from.
Zippo. It's red. The lighter fluid was filled about a week ago, so it's running low.
Note. Apparantly from Yukari. Usually blank save for the heart in the middle.
Key. The key to the spellcard box.

You skip carrying the backpack, tent, sleeping bag, or larger guns due to the fact that you're not planning on leaving any time soon. The two guns you're carrying are more than enough. You wouldn't have even grabbed the anti-aircraft gun if it weren't for the fact that it's extremely tiny.

Now you've got to find something to do. You look at your wrist out of habit from when you had a watch, but unfortunately the battery on that died and you never got around to replacing it. Goddamn, you need a new one. Oh well. It can't be past ten.

[ ] Just go to sleep. You're tired.
[ ] Seek out someone to talk to. (Specify)
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 9116
[x] You're strapped with guns, so why not do some late-night hunting? You should make sure the mansion perimeters are secure before you sleep.

We seem exactly the kind of survivalist nutjob who would take this under serious consideration. You could even make a game out of it; attempt to sneak past the rabbit guards Solid Snake-style.
>> No. 9118
[x] Go back to the room with Mokou in it.

I'm curious.
>> No. 9120
>>9118

That is curious.

[x] Go back to the room with Mokou in it.

"Hey. Does, like, anyone know you're here?"
>> No. 9131
[x] Go back to the room with Mokou in it.

We missed you at dinner, man.
>> No. 9157
Ah, right. Mokou's room. She didn't show up to dinner. Does anyone actually know she's here, or is she breaking and entering? You find it difficult to believe that she wouldn't have been caught by any of the rabbits yet, yet she wasn't at dinner.
In any case, you're curious about her.
Deciding to find her, you step out of your room. Luckily enough, this seems to be the same hallway that Mokou's room is on, only hers is quite a few empty rooms down.
You arrive there and knock on the door. THe sound of someone getting up off of their feet and walking over can be heard. A needle jabs through the paper that makes up most of the door's surface, causing a tiny hole to be formed. If it hadn't gone through the paper right in front of your goddamn eye you wouldn't have noticed it.
After a second the door slowly slides open.
"Hey, is there anyone in the hallway?" she whispers.
"No, it's all clear."
"Then come in." she says in her normal voice.
You comply and step into the room.
"Now, you better have given them panties to Kaguya already, or you're going to have worse things to worry about than a hole in your head." she says in a completely joking tone. Of course, since you did give them to her, there's nothing to worry about anyway.
"Of course, it's the first thing I did when you gave them to me."
"Good boy. Wouldn't want to have to break some of your fragile human bones, would I?"
"But you're a human too so yeah." You can't help but pointing out the obvious.
"Ehh, after as long as I've been alive, you start feeling less and less human. I certainly wouldn't call myself one."
"I see."
Right, time to ask the question that's been bothering yuo.
"Hey, Mokou. Does anyone actually know you're here?"
"Of course, it would be impossible to keep it away from everybody here. Only Eirin and probably Reisen know, though. Eirin's the one who told me I could stay here. Unlike her master, she's actually a relatively good person."
Gah, that's somewhat annoying. They've been fighting like cat and mouse for centuries, and they still haven't come any closer to resolving their conflicts.
"Why are you so pissed at Kaguya still, Mokou? I could understand it if you found her irritating and just didn't like her, but to still have the desire and drive to kill her after all of these times is a bit odd."
"Ehh, you're right. Recently I've been thinking the same thing. I've gotten bored of fighting with Kaguya like this, I'd rather if we could just get along. But with her bitch personality and the fact that she kills me on sight if I don't kill her first means that will never happen. And that's why I still hate her so much."
"...I see."
You really haven't got anything to say to that. It's not like they can just become friends in an instant, and they both seem too stubborn to move on past what they're angry at each other for, even if it's such a stupid thing to still be angry for. It's been centuries since Kaguya rejected Mokou's father's marriage proposal, and it's been almost as long since Mokou stole the elixer of life from the guards who were going to dispose of it. It seems like they should have stopped fighting at least by now.
"But enough talking about me. Tell me about yourself some."
So you tell her pretty much everything you told everyone else while at the dining table earlier. Mokou listens almost as intently, though not completely so.
Eventually you finish your story-telling.
"That was an interesting story. So Yumou was the name of the girl who wrecked my yakitori stand, huh? Well, not like it matters. All that matters is that I'm out a yakitori stand and she owes me one. When you finally end up kicking her ass, make her build a new one for me, eh? And I guess for that sparrow of yours too, even if she is bad for business."
Mokou glances at a clock hung from the wall.
"Ah, look at the time. You ought to go to bed, from what I understand you're going to be put through the rabbits' training so you're actually effective in fighting."
"Oh, I see. Well, it was nice talking to you, Mokou."
"Good night."
You say your goodbyes as you step out of her room. You also check the clock on your way out. It is currently 11:21PM.

[ ] Go to sleep as Mokou suggested. You know from experience that training while tired doesn't work.
[ ] No, you can afford to do something else for a while. (specify, and if applicable include a duration.)
>> No. 9158
>"But you're a human too so yeah."

I see what you did there.

[x] Go to sleep as Mokou suggested. You know from experience that training while tired doesn't work.
>> No. 9174
[x] Go to sleep as Mokou suggested. You know from experience that training while tired doesn't work.
>> No. 9193
[x] Go to sleep as Mokou suggested. You know from experience that training while tired doesn't work.
>> No. 9232
I realized shortly before this update that TAiG could use more descriptiveness. So I'm going to try and put in much more of that now.
---
Yeah, trying to learn how to do something, at least with physical things, while underslept is a formula for failure. You remember clear back in high school, in driver's education, this one day when you went to school with only a couple hours of sleep. Driver's education was your first period, so you couldn't have slept in another class to make up for it. Instead, you had to drive tired. It was early in the morning and you were about to go out for the fourth of your five required on-street drive times with an instructor. You'd gotten all of these done before most of the other students in the class even got their permits, the lazy fuckers. Anyway, you were driving with the instructor. Since it was your fourth drive time and you should have been out on the freeway on your third but weren't, this was the day of your first venture into high-speed traffic driving. The thing about your area, people always seem to go the speed limit on normal streets, or within five MPH of it. The freeway, however, is a different case. Everyone speeds. And that means everyone else has to speed too so that the flow of traffic isnt' broken. This means that it's quite dangerous to drive on with little experience, especially during rush hour. And that's when you were driving.
So you're driving down the road, trying your best to stay between the lines and not to over-accelerate and rear-end the person in front of you, when your driving instructor tells you to move to the right-hand lane so you can get off at the next exit. You do as you would normally do; signal right, check blind spots, etc. When you're sure you won't get rammed into by another vehicle, you begin to move over.
Just as you do this, a prick in an expensive sports car rockets past you. If you'd been just a tiny bit less quick with your reaction of swiftly turning back to the left, you'd both have probably died. Needless to say, you were put off of driving on the freeway for the rest of the day. You also stopped feeling tired from the adrenaline rush for just long enough to pass out in second period.
...Anyway, the point is that learning how to operate something deadly and dangerous while tired is a bad thing. Which is what you'll probably be doing if you're going to be traning with those rabbits. Unless they're just going to teach you how to properly peel carrots or something of that sort. Which you suppose could also be a dangerous job if they don't have those safe vegetable peelers that you're used to using.
Ah, right. You have to actually GO to sleep. Best to get-Oh. You're already almost there. Just a little bit more and-
...
What was that noise? It sounded like growling. Low-pitched, low-volume growling. From down the hall. It definitely didn't sound human, and didn't sound like anything you'd expect the rabbits or fairies here to be able to pull off. The rest of the people here you doubt would even want to scare you in this way. The memory of the shape you saw moving in your peripheral vision comes to mind. Could that have been whatever you just heard? Or are you just more tired than you think? You don't know, but the thought of running into something right now without knowing what the hell it is isn't very appealing. You may have a gun designed to shoot airplanes from the sky on your person, but it's not any helpful if you can't see the goddamn thing you're aiming at. And it's so dark you can only see far enough to know you're still in the hallway with guest rooms.
You don't know what it was, but in any case you get the urge to GET AWAY NOW. You obey this urge, since you've not got any reason not to. At first it's just an obvious "growling + darkness = get away" thought process, but with every step you take more and more panic begins to fill your mind. Normally you wouldn't panic. You didn't panic when you woke up and found a bullet wound in your head. You didn't panic when you suddenly found yourself in the middle of an ocean. And you sure as hell didn't panic when you stepped out your front door into a large empty field in the middle of god knows where-specifically Gensokyo. But right now, you're feeling fear. Primal fear. Feer that overtakes you, and if you hadn't found yourself in front of your door right this second you would have taken off in as fast a run as you can manage towards it.
You slide the door open, quickly step inside, and quickly slide it behind you. Finding yourself in an even more dark room now, you flip out your Zippo and use its light to verify that there isn't anything in this room about to eat you. Good, that's taken care of. Now you can calm down.
The beating of your heart in your ears becomes apparant as the adrenaline begins wearing off. That really had you scared. And you've not got a clue why. You've surely been in worse situations here; hell, you could have just shouted for somoene to help you. You're sure at least Mokou would have been awake enough to burst from the room and roast whatever it was that may have attacked you. And you've got so many other friends that are probably in the rooms right next to yours that would have done their best to help you if they heard you yelling. Assuming you're able to do so before your head gets bitten off.
...Right. No. That's not how you should be thinking right now. You're supposed to be sleeping for training tomorow. Sleeping while this scared, though, will make you more tired than staying up would. You've got to force these thoughts from your mind and CALM THE FUCK DOWN.
Right. You're calm now. What happened before was probably just you being tired. That's right. It's time to go to sleep. Everything's fine. Nothing's going to happen.

Finding yourself calmed down enough to properly go to sleep, you find a futon and unroll it, then lay yourself down upon it. You don't bother getting under the sheets, right now you're still a bit too hot to do that. Instead, you just lay there on top of your futon and drift off into sleep.

---

Dream sequence after I'm out of the shower.
>> No. 9235
Darkness. Darkness surrounds you. It's eerily like something that happened...Today? Yesterday? You aren't sure. You never actually got the date firmly set in your mind while awake, and while you're asleep trying to remember the date is difficult.
...Wait, you're awake. And you realize you're awake. That must make this a lucid dream! Kickass! That means you can have anything you want just pop out of nowhere. A Coke? Sure! One appears right in your hand the second you hold it up and consentrate. Ahhh, refreshing. It's been too long since you've had much caffeine. Tea doesn't quite cut it for weeks-on-end. There was a time when you would have withdrawn severely for not having enough caffeine in just one day. Luckily as you moved out into the real world and had to get a job to pay for these things yourself, you weened yourself off of it due to lack of income. You haven't managed to get a job that would pay for both caffeine and your favorite passtime: the internet. Right now, if it weren't for all of the crazy stuff happening, you'd be rather bored here in Gensokyo. The modern generation has been raised to expect entertainment on demand whenever and wherever they are. It's quite unhealthy if you think about it.
Oh, there's another thing you could try and make appear out of nowhere. A computer! Or, more likely, a laptop. You stare at what you think is the ground (you cant' really tell, the floor, walls, and celing all look the same; it's amazing that there's actually any light here to see with.) and poof, there appears a laptop. You walk over and take a look at it. You start it up, half-expecting it not to work. It appears your expectation was enough to ruin it, unfortunately, as it doesn't work and no matter what you do you can't convince yourself that it got fixed by nanobots and will start again. Sucks, you could use something to do if you're going to be stuck in this void for eight hours. Well, there's a bunch of other things you can do, right?
Right. Like someone to talk to. Who to talk to? Yukari, that would be a good person to choose. Hell, she might end up actually entering your dream and being able to help you out with something or other. You haven't gotten any messages from her via the note, at least that you're aware of. There's quite a possibility she's been trying to contact you but been sent right to voicemail. As sure as you wake up it'd be a great idea to check. Right now you're rather sure the note won't work, however, since it is a dream note in a dream land with (most likely) no connection to Yukari.
So, Yukari. You look off into the distance and imagine Yukari falling out of a gap and falling onto the...bottom part of this void. Really, you can't call it a floor.
What appears, however, isn't a surprised Yukari falling out of her gap. Nope. Not even a surprised Maribel Han wondering where she is. Instead, you see off even further in the distance a dot. A small dot. Too far away to tell what it is, but it's distintly there.
Well, obviously it's there for a reason, even if it's just to advance some plot your brain has come up with to keep you from getting bored in your sleep. So you slowly begin moving towards it. If you could fly, like you should be able to in a lucid dream, you'd get there a lot quicker, but for some reason your feet remain rooted firmly to the ground. It's almost as if it's someone else's dream and you're just watching it via your dream. Which is fucked up, since it means you get to sit and be bored until they decide to have a more interesting dream, or until you run into them.
Right. That dot. It's close enough that you should be able to make it out, but for some reason your mind is blocking you from doing it. Great. Leave it to your mind to fuck up your dreams like it always does. You haven't had a lucid dream in your life that didn't end up with everything rejecting what you tell it to do. Which sucks, because you haven't had a lot of lucid dreams and when you do have one you can't enjoy it.
Now you're close enough to make out what it is.
...Fuck. Yeah, it really is similar to what happened earlier. Down to the detail of how much blood is seeping out of the hole in you skull. That's not a nice thing to hear.
Tap, tap.
Footsteps. Right. You think you remember someone coming to check on you.
Tap, tap.
Looking up, your eyse fall upon Yumou walking towards you, or rather the dying you, with a look of shock on her face. You quickly pull out the biggest gun you have on you and point it at her, but it appears as though she can't tell that you're here.
Everything freezes. Except for you, the current you, that is. Yumou and your an hero'd body have completely stopped moving and are now a light shade of gray. You sure as hell didn't imagine this happening. Then again, for a moment you had forgotten you were dreaming. In any case, shit's frozen, not your doing.
Slowly their color starts to dull. Going from light gray to neutral gray to dark gray to finally the same black as everything else around here. "Everything." Heh, that's a bit incorrect. For there to be an "everything" There has to be an anything or a something, which there doesn't appear to be out there in the void. The void must be nothing then. Makes sense, this world was created by your (or someone else's) mind.
Suddenly a figure appears out of nowhere. A girl. You can't force your brain to memorize what she looks like. It's like trying to remember all of pi in one sitting, you may remember one ten-digit block of numbers but in order to remember that one you have to forget the old ten-digit block. It's as if your brain is taking in too much information from the nothing surrounding you to be able to take in information about this girl in front of you. Or maybe it's not that it's taking in too much information but rather stumped trying to figure out how all this shit is happening. In any case, you can't remember what she looks like, only that she's floating in a fetal position and appears to be asleep.
Well, that's the last bit of information you remember before suddenly awakening. Or rather suddenly half-awakening, since it takes more than your dreams ending for you to become fully awake. Like a cup of coffee, a nice cold shower, or one of those huge fucking wasps on your face.
...
OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING DOING ON YOUR FACE GET IT OFF GET IT OFF

[ ] Scream.
[ ] Smash it.
[ ] Go back to sleep.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 9236
[x] "Wriggleeeee"
>> No. 9237
[x] Eat the little fucker.
[x] Wriggle~ You got some explainin' to do~
>> No. 9238
[x] Go back to sleep.

Fuck yes, going back to sleep with a wasp on your face.
>> No. 9242
[♪] "Wriggle~ I know you're worried but if you wanted to check, you don't have to do it via proxy and with a wasp."

I'm bored, okay?
>> No. 9243
[x] "Wriggle~ come out to play~. WRIGGLE~ COME OUT TO PLAY~! WRIGGLE~ COME OUT TO PLAY~!"
>> No. 9247
[x] Eat the little fucker.
[x] Wriggle~ You got some explainin' to do~
>> No. 9277
[x] Remind Wriggle, physicaly, what happened the last time her wasp decided to mess with us
>> No. 9278
[+] "...I see what you did there, Wriggle."
>> No. 9285
[x] "...I see what you did there, Wriggle."

At least we're not in a tree.
>> No. 9286
[x] "...I see what you did there, Wriggle."

I could never hate cutebug.
>> No. 9287
[x] "...I see what you did there, Wriggle."
>> No. 9291
[x] "...I see what you did there, Wriggle."
[x] Go back to sleep.
>> No. 9297
OH GOD A FUCKING GIANT WASP AND IT'S ON YOUR FACE WHAT THE FUCK
Your first instinct is to kill and possibly eat the fucker to pay it back for the shit it's done. But common sense tells you that if you even slightly move you'll get stung. It's best to just let it fly off on its own, especially since its' now crawled so that if it were to use its stinger you would be getting it in the eye, which is definitely not good.
Right. How does one prevent themselves from being stung by wasps and bees? Being very, very still when they land on you. It's not as big a deal with the smaller bees with less of a sting and less of a temper, but this particular species of wasp, you recall, is very easy to piss off. And when you do, you'll have a whole HIVE of them swarming you. So doing stupid shit like that is a bad idea.
Right. Stillness.

Eventually the wasp moves away from your face and down your arm to your hand. Yeah, that's a much less painful place to be stung. Might as well call out the person who is responsible for this.

"...I see what you did there, Wriggle."
What? Why couldn't you think of something better to say than that?
The door slides open quickly revealing Wriggle with a very neutral, somewhat tired expression on her face.
"Hmm? What I did where?"
...Ah. She's not wearing anything other than her normal underwear. Interesting.
It seems she noticed this at about the same time as you did, as she slowly looks down at herself and turns a deep red color before slamming the door shit and running off down the hall. Either her room is farther away than you expected it to be, or she went somewhere else. Oh well, doesn't quite matter. Right now, all that really matters is waking up and getting ready for this "training" Mokou mentioned last night.

Standing up, you stretch and yawn.

Right. Next thing to do is to get ready. First get dressed, then roll up your futon, then get your stuff.
Once you've completed these steps, you move on to the next step: feeding yourself. You have no idea what time it is right now, but since there doesn't seem to be very much light anywhere, it can't be that late in the morning. Unless you slept in all the way until evening, which is a possibility. Damn, you really need to get a watch. Oh well, it's not like you know where to find one here in Gensokyo. Kourindou was definitely filled with a lot of junk, but you don't remember any of said junk being old watches. Which is quite unimportant.
...And once again your feet guided you to your destination without any input from your brain. Is it perhaps a side-effect of putting a hole in your head? Maybe. You're not sure. What matters is, you're here and you're hungry.
Looking around the room, you find a basket filled with various fruits. Apples, bananas, oranges, nectarines, etc. There's probably also plenty of carrots to eat, given the majority population here. Surely they wouldn't miss just two or three carrots, right?
Looking into the fridge, there's the basics you'd expect to find in any kitchen... In the outside world. The milk is even in a plastic carton, christ. There isn't anything too special in here, just the normal dairy products, eggs, lunch meats, some bread, and condiments.
Looking in the adjoining cupboard you find various pre-mixed, uh, mixes for thigs like pancakes and biscuits. There's also rice, tea, and coffee. And lots of instant noodles.

You've got a relatively wide selection of food to choose from, but you probably shouldn't overstep yourself. Dirtying pans and wasting ingredients by cooking pancakes, for example, wouldn't be a great idea, especially since you never really did learn the proper way to make them without wasting a couple of batches. Fried eggs would be fine, fruits would probably be better but not necessarily as good if you're going to be training, and cup noodles wouldn't be missed very easily but are hardly the nutrition you need for any kind of training. But you've got to eat something.

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 9300
[X] This food alone does not please you, remembering your "Emergency Rations" you think back to Wriggle. Walking in on you while undressed, she looked delicious, good enough to eat. Eat Wriggle, well, eat with Wriggle.
[X] Bring food to Wriggle and eat with Wriggle
>> No. 9301
[X] This food alone does not please you, remembering your "Emergency Rations" you think back to Wriggle. Walking in on you while undressed, she looked delicious, good enough to eat. Eat Wriggle, well, eat with Wriggle.
[X] Bring food to Wriggle and eat with Wriggle

D'OHOHOHOHO
>> No. 9302
{X} This food alone does not please you, remembering your "Emergency Rations" you think back to Wriggle. Walking in on you while undressed, she looked delicious, good enough to eat. Eat Wriggle, well, eat with Wriggle.
{X} Bring food to Wriggle and eat with Wriggle
>> No. 9343
Yes, there's a wide selection of food. But this food alone does not please you. You remember back to when you first met Wriggle, traveling through the desert on a horse with no name. That sure was a berserker-packing horse and a half. Anyway, you decided to keep Wriggle not because she was a cute girl, or was relatively human-looking, or because she was friends with Mystia. The reason you carried her all the way out of that hot, dry desert is simple: emergency rations. Simply put, bugs contain more protein than anything else you would have gotten your hands on, and Wriggle sure is a big bug. Not that she's fat or anything. In fact, when she walked in on you earlier, she looked delicious, good enough to eat.
Yes, eat Wriggle. That sounds good.
...Wait wait wait wait, she's your friend. You don't just randomly eat your friends, at least not in the outside world. While you're not certain, that's probably the same here in Gensokyo.
But still, the way she turned red and slammed that door closed was delicious.
...Is there a way to come to a compromise between your two opposite thought processes? That would be great. Keeping them both satisfied, keeping Wriggle alive, making your stomach full.
...Ah, the obvious solution. Eating with Wriggle is a great idea. Great enough for you to seriously consider doing it. Yeah, that's what you'll do. But what to eat?
To hell with it, those fruit are just out in the open and easy to grab. You're not sure if you'll be able to catch Wriggle if you don't hurry.
Reaching to the basket, you grab a random selection of fruit. Seems you've ended up with an orange, two nectarines, and an apple. Awesome.
Now you just need to find Wriggle and actually eat her.

Confident with your decision on what to do, you stroll over to the door and slide it open. It seems you were just a tiny bit quicker to grab the handle than Reisen was, as she's standing there with her hand where the handle would be on the outside.
You take the initiative to greet her first.

"Morning, Reisen."
"Ah, good morning. Training starts soon, so get ready quickly." Reisen says while smiling.
"I see. I'll hurry then." you say as you step out of the way for her to walk past you. It seems she's in quite a hurry herself, as she almost flies past you. She's moving so quickly that her hair appears to blow in the wind.
Right, it's probably a good idea to leave the kitchen now. Sticking around while someone in a rush is doing something inside of a kitchen is generally a bad idea.

Stepping out in the hallway, you see various rabbits running around. You can't tell whether they're busy or just extremely hyperactive. Either way, a couple of them almost run into you a couple of times, which always results in them shrieking and scurrying away. Great, it appears these rabbits really do have a fear of you from the stunt you pulled earlier. You goddamn jackass.

Eventually you arrive in front of Wriggle's room. You don't know how you know it's Wriggle's room, but you're certain of it. If there was this room and another room to pick from, and one of them had a trigger on them that caused a hydrogen bomb to explode, you'd choose the door you're about to knock on without even hesitating.
So, you knock on the door.
You hear a bit of movement from inside, then soft footsteps moving towards the door.

The door slides open.
"..." Wriggle stares at you for a moment with a neutral expression.
The door slides closed.
What.

...Right, let's try this again.
You knock once more.

The door slides open.
"..." Wriggle stares at you for a moment with a neutral expression.
"What do you want." She states flatly.
"Uh, I wanted to eat y- I mean, I wanted to eat breakfast with you."
"..." She stares at you for a moment once again.
"...Fine, I guess. Come in."
Well, that's better than you were expecting.

The two of you eat your breakfast mostly in silence. Wriggle devotes all of her attention to unpeeling and eating her orange. You don't really have much in the way of conversational topics to bring up, so you can't do anything to break this silence.
Gah, silence. You'd forgotten about your greatest hate in this world, other than people who misuse apostrophes. You'd better find something to break this silence with soon or you'll go crazy.

Luckily, something else breaks it for you. Mystia, carefree as always, slides open the door and floats inside the room, sitting down at another end of the table.

"Looks like you two are getting along~" she states.
"Eh." Wriggle replies uncaringly.
"So~ How are you two~?"
"I'm alright I guess." Wriggle replies once again apathetically.
"I've been better. Woken up by a giant wasp on my face, from what seems like was unrestful sleep."
"I see~"
FFFFFFFFF more silence.
Ah, right. The training Reisen mentioned.
"Reisen said something about training earlier."
"Ah~ Right~ We're supposed to train with the rabbits at-" Mystia pulls a watch out of her pocket.
"...Eh? We're late! Lets go~" she shouts as she flies out the door. You and Wriggle follow shortly behind.

In a sectioned-off part of the inner courtyard, there is a large training area filled with targets, obstacle courses, and danmaku machines.
After standing outside in the large crowd of rabbits, eventually your attention gets called by Tewi, who appears to be uncharacteristically serious.

"Alright, today's training is going to be more intense than usual because of recent events. But, when you're done, there will be free carrot cake for all of you!"
Awesome, free cake! That's more than enough to motivate you to train more intensely than usual!
"The newbies can choose whatever type of training they want to do, but the rest of you still have to go by the normal rotation. Anyway, good luck to all of you!" she shouts before disappearing to...somewhere. You've got no clue where she went. Magic? Trap doors? Holograms? Illusions? Whatever it was, it doesn't matter. It's time to start training.

[ ] Firing range. You mostly have ranged weapons, best to make sure you can use them right.
[ ] Danmaku machines. You should increase your ability to dodge. Who knows what you'll have to avoid?
[ ] Obstacle courses. You've got to get more physical strength and endourance as well as agility.
>> No. 9344
[X] Danmaku machines. You should increase your ability to dodge. Who knows what you'll have to avoid?
>> No. 9345
[x] Accidently piss off a few people here and there, so you end up running through the Obstacle Course dodging danmaku fire while returning fire with your own weapons.
>> No. 9347
Ha ha oh wow. I do not have enough awesome.jpg for this update.

[x] Firing range. You mostly have ranged weapons, best to make sure you can use them right.
>> No. 9350
[x] Accidently piss off a few people here and there, so you end up running through the Obstacle Course dodging danmaku fire while returning fire with your own weapons.

Oh, I've got to see how this unfolds.
>> No. 9355
[•] Accidently piss off a few people here and there, so you end up running through the Obstacle Course dodging danmaku fire while returning fire with your own weapons.

Not only will it be cool but if we manage to pull it off, we'll be famous. Few people means none from our group but random rabbits only.
>> No. 9372
[x] Accidently piss off a few people here and there, so you end up running through the Obstacle Course dodging danmaku fire while returning fire with your own weapons.


I like where this is going
>> No. 9461
God damn it, anon. Why do you choose things that are so difficult to write? I had to change your vote a bit to make this work.
---
The firing range. Yes, that'd be best. After all, you mostly have ranged weapons. Your dodging skills seem to be good enough already, unless Sakuya was being unserious in your fight with her. Which you highly doubt. In any case, being able to hit a target with your weapon is crucial.
So, you begin to make your way to the firing range. Of course, you didn't think to bring your own weapons. Even if you had, using them would have been a waste of ammunition. Eientei obviously has a source for its weapons' ammo, but you highly doubt they have .22LR or 7.62x39mm bullets in stock. So, training using their weapons is the best option. You already know how the actual operation of the weapons you already have works, anyway.
Right, on to the firing range. To practice shooting. Ye-
"Ow..." a surprised rabbit whines as she begins to stand up. You, in your reverie, walked right into her. And it looks like she wasn't paying a hell of a lot of attention either.
"You... You'll-" the rabbit starts saying, before her eyes meet yours.
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" she screams before instinctually raising her weapon at you and firing.
Wait, what?
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Now's the time to see if the assumption you made about your dodging ability earlier is true.
Quickly you sidestep out of the way of the first bullet fired from the gun. Heh, looks like it only moves a bit faster than danmaku. Good thing she can only fire one shot at a time.
...She CAN only fire one shot at time, right?

BUllets surround you. It appears that some of the other rabbits either got spooked or decided it would be fun to watch you dance while dodging their shots. There's no way to know which it is, but right now you don't give a fuck. All you can think about is not getting hit.
Right. Best way not to get hit by someone who's shooting at you is to hit them with a shot first. Here goes nothing.
You raise the rifle to your shoulder in the standard firing position. You'd fire it from your hip if it were a bigger gun with a bigger kick and a heavier body, but this gun is fine to hold at your shoulder while firing. You let off a few shots in the general direction of the rabbits as you backpedal to god knows where. Right now you aren't thinking about where you're going, just what you're trying not to get hit by. You're not even sure of the lethality of these guns, so avoiding getting hit would be the best choice.
Eventually the amount of rabbits shooting at you reduces its self to a point where you can actually pay attention to your surroundings. Either you hit enough of them for there to be noticably fewer of them, or a bunch of them just got bored and went back to doing whatever they were doing.
Right, it appears you've made it to the obstacle course. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. There's probably plenty of cover within the obstacle course, but it gets to be increasingly more difficult to get to it.
Right, lets do this thing.
You begin making your way through the obstacle course. You don't do it as well as the following rabbits who have likely gone through it enough times to know how get through it quickly, but luckily enough they can't fire on you while climbing over, under, through, and around obstacles. You can't either, but you're the one running. In any case, you eventually make it to the end of the obstacle course, closely followed by the following rabbits. It seems their numbers have dwindled to ~5. You can't really tell since there's so many other rabbits, and they all more or less look the same from the distance you're at.
Shortly after you take a crouching stance to improve your aim so you can pick them off after finishing the course and before firing their weapons at you.
It seems they stopped caring about the obstacle course, however, and started flying. Great.
Right as you and the group of fairies are about to trade bullets, you get interrupted by an obviously much more adult rabbit.
"That's enough." Reisen's voice comes from your right. She's standing there with her arms crossed and an annoyed expression on her face.
"Stop fooling around NOW or your carrot rations will be cut in half."
Upon hearing this threat, the remaining attacking fairies go pale. Immediately they scatter to wherever they were supposed to be.

"And you. Why exactly are you being chased and fired upon by the rabbits? Explain yourself."

[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 9462
>the remaining attacking fairies
>fairies
>> No. 9463
>>9462
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
*rabbits.
Fuck, second time that's happened.
>> No. 9464
[•]"You see, I was minding my own business when I bumped into a rabbit and it began shooting at me. Taking advantage of this fact, I decided to do an advance training where I dodge bullets, fire my own and run the obstacle course at the same time. This way, I get to do all three of the available training courses and it turned out quite successful as expected."

Yeah! We just got ourselves a super stat boost. Dodge level up! Aim level up! Movement level up! =X
>> No. 9465
[x] "You see, I was minding my own business when I bumped into a rabbit and it began shooting at me. Taking advantage of this fact, I decided to do an advance training where I dodge bullets, fire my own and run the obstacle course at the same time. This way, I get to do all three of the available training courses and it turned out quite successful as expected."
>> No. 9468
{~} "You see, I was minding my own business when I bumped into a rabbit and it began shooting at me. Taking advantage of this fact, I decided to do an advance training where I dodge bullets, fire my own and run the obstacle course at the same time. This way, I get to do all three of the available training courses and it turned out quite successful as expected."

Sure.
>> No. 9471
>God damn it, anon. Why do you choose things that are so difficult to write? I had to change your vote a bit to make this work.

Did you forget, writefag, what we Anon truely are? That we are not a mere audience to your works, but are active executioners of your doom? We come not gentlepeople meekly sitting down for a play, but are here to sow seeds of MISERY! PAIN! AND DESPAIR! AHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Wait, I just didn't say that out loud, did I? Pretend you didn't hear that.

What I meant was, we the audience have greatest confidence in your abilities as a writer, and would gently nudge you from time to time to so that you can reach your full potential.
>> No. 9605
She looks annoyed. Trying to lie to her or give excuses would be a bad idea. Telling her the truth would be best, and that's what you'll do.
"You see, Reisen, I was minding my own business when I accidentally bumped into a rabbit. She suddenly started shooting at me, and the rest of them followed her lead for whatever reason they did. I decided to take advantage of this by doing an advanced training technique where I dodge bullets, fire my own, and run through the obstacle course at the same time. This way, I got to do all three of the available training courses and it turned out quite successful, as expected."
"Hmm." she stares at you for a second.
"If that's what happened, I guess it's not your fault. Next time, though, instead of doing something stupid like that, find me or Tewi and have us get them to stop. Now, if you'll excuse me..."
BANG.
A loud sound that sounded quite similar to the mortars being fired at the Scarlet Devil mansion erupts. Quicker than you can react, the entire army of rabbits deploy, rising into the sky in the direction of the explosion. You go to follow them, but Reisen grabs you and holds you back.
"They've been trained to do this, a lot more than you have. Don't worry, there isn't that many attackers out there. This will be over quite quickly."
You hear the sounds of the AK-47s that the fairies usually carry as well as the sound of the danmaku rifles the rabbits use. Quite quickly the sound of the AK-47s is gone and only the danmaku rifles remain, and they quickly are silenced as well.
"See? They should be back soon. Right now we should head inside, staying outside is probably dangerous. Hurry quickly so we can get somewhere before Kaguya stretches the halls to eternity."
The two of you enter the mansion, along with the rest of your group that joined you soon after the rabbits had all left. You all make your way to the very room you found last night by running into a wall. Inside, there is no sign of there ever having been a pentagram, which is a good thing. While you're examining the area, Reisen taps a part of the floor and a section swings down, revealing a metal ladder and lots and lots of darkness.
"Right, this way." She descends down the ladder, and you and your group follows soon behind her. After about 20 feet of going down, your feet touch the floor. Reisen flips a switch on the wall, and absolutely nothing happens. She flips it back the other way.
"Eh? What's this?" She begins flipping it back and forth. "Why isn't the light working?"
You flip out your Zippo and do your part in removing the darkness.
"Ah, that's better. This way."
She guides you down the hallway to a large metal door with a keypad on it. After inputting a combination, the door unlocks and swings open. Reisen motions for you to enter, and you do. She closes and locks the door behind you.
Wow, this room is... Interesting. It sorta reminds you of your apartment with its size and the position of the computer and bed and FUCK YOU'RE IN YOUR APARTMENT AGAIN.
"Eh? What happened to the control room?" Reisen seems as confused as you'd be if you hadn't had this exact same thing happen before.
"Fuck, we're in the outside world now." you respond. This could be beneficial, and it could also be a very bad thing.
"This is my apartment. I don't know how we got here, but it's where we're at. Sit down anywhere you can, I'm going to try and get in contact with Kaguya or Yukari."
Right, Yukari. Maybe this was her doing. Removing the note from your pocket, you find it as blank as it was last time you looked at it.
"Fuck." You silently curse to yourself. Walking over to your computer, you press the power button to the monitor and are greeted by Windows Picture and Fax Viewer showing one of the dirty Tewi pics you printed. Your Alt+F4 reflex is as fast as ever, and the window was probably closed before anyone else noticed it.
You alt-tab over to Trillian, only to find that both Kaguya and Yukari are offline. Looks like you have some waiting to do once again.

[ ] Play that SWR demo you only had a few days to try before finding yourself in Gensokyo.
[ ] Go outside and do something there. (specify)
[ ] Randomly browse the internets.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 9607
[ ] Play that SWR demo you only had a few days to try before finding yourself in Gensokyo.
>> No. 9609
[x] Play that SWR demo you only had a few days to try before finding yourself in Gensokyo.

But only if you can do it two player.
>> No. 9610
[X] Play that SWR demo you only had a few days to try before finding yourself in Gensokyo.

This won't look wierd at all.
>> No. 9612
[x] Play that SWR demo you only had a few days to try before finding yourself in Gensokyo.

HEY REISEN, YOUR EXISTENCE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A GAME IN OUR WORLD.
>> No. 9614
[x] Play some bedtop sports for indoor types with Reisen.
>> No. 9616
File 12231755453.jpg - (29.84KB , 340x340 , 1216875765761.jpg ) [iqdb]
9616
[x] Play that SWR demo you only had a few days to try before finding yourself in Gensokyo.
>> No. 9622
[x] Go outside and do something there. (amusement park)

Overworked moon bunny needs a vacation.
>> No. 9623
{X} Play that SWR demo you only had a few days to try before finding yourself in Gensokyo.
>> No. 9634
Of course, you're going to fire up the SWR demo that came out just, uh. What's the date?
You move your mouse cursor to the extreme left of your screen to make the tastkbar stop being hidden. You and your father are the only people that you know who do this, but you usually move your taskbar to the left of the screen instead of the default bottom, and then autohide it. You'd go over the reasons why you do this, but no one cares.
Anyway, it says the date is August 30, 2007. The demo was released on the 17th, so that means it's been out for 13 days. And you only got to actually play it for five of them before walking through your front door into Gensokyo.

Anyway, right. Playing it. You choose to play as Marisa, simply because she's the one you play best as out of the four available characters. Deciding to break away from your usual choice to fight against Alice, you instead select the default Aya as your opponent. You then select the wrecked shrine as your scene, only momentarily wondering if Yuka had managed to do anywhere near as much damage as that to it.

The stage starts and Aya quickly starts to do damage to you. Being that you haven't really had much practice fighting her, you aren't expecting the speed some of her attacks have. Luckily for you, you adapt quickly and hit her with that broom uppercut spellcard. Your health is just above 1/2 and hers is just above 1/4.
Aya almost regains dominance with a spellcard of her own, but you narrowly avoid it and hit her with Marisa's magic missiles and one of her chargable danmaku. As she's stunned, you dash forward and pin a few melee and ranged attacks into a simple but effective combo. Aya goes down.
Round 2 starts. Aya once again gains a lead at the start of this match, dropping your health down to 1/3 while hers is still over 1/2. You messed up at one point where you could have had her with a spellcard, but you acted too late and she blocked it. Right now you don't have enough cards to use a spellcard to help you out, so you're stuck fighting normally.
In the end, you narrowly win. Aya brought your health down to almost zero, so you went on the defensive. Waiting until she's finished attacking you and hitting her with a combo before she can block, you take her already low health down to zero. You know what this means? It means you just won the game. For a second there, you were sure you were going to lose the game, but your instincts prevailed and brought you forward to victory.
As the match finishes, you realize that the girls present with you have been watching it intensely.
"Wow, Earth's technology has really advanced this much? It's been ages since I saw games like this on the moon, but I hadn't thought it had been long enough." Reisen says with a hint of awe in her voice.
You'd show her some of the games with more modern graphics, but you don't own any of them, or even a system capable of playing them. In any case...
"Reisen, do you want to play?"
"No, I'm alright. I never was much for videogames. But- WAIT. Why can we understand each other this well? I thought that the manipulation of the language border Yukari did only affected Gensokyo."
Ah, shit. That's right. But how can you understand her this well? Did Gensokyo spill into your apartment little by little as you moved between the two? Or is this even your real apartment? It could be a trap set up by someone to keep you busy while Eientei is overrun by fairies. Or maybe Reisen's fucking with you or something. Anything's possible.

[ ] Find out if it only affects your apartment. Go outside and see if you and Reisen still understand each other.
[ ] Sit tight until someone comes to help you. This could be a trap, and stepping outside could kill you.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 9636
[ ] Find out if it only affects your apartment. Go outside and see if you and Reisen still understand each other.
>> No. 9637
[x] Find out if it only affects your apartment. Go outside and see if you and Reisen still understand each other.

She wouldn't have brought it up if she were in on it.
>> No. 9644
[x] Get Reisen to go outside first, wait a while before joining her.

FLY, MY YELLOW CANARY.
>> No. 9645
>Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Shouldn't he be using something a bit more advanced, like Irfanview for instance?
>> No. 9649
[x] Find out if it only affects your apartment. Go outside and see if you and Reisen still understand each other.

Walk around a bit together.
>> No. 9707
Right, it would be best to find out if this is because of the fact that you've been gapped back and forth between your apartment and Gensokyo too many times, or if for some reason you can understand Reisen perfectly anyway.
"Reisen, that's a little worrying. You unlock a door and we step through into my bedroom instead of the room you were trying to get us, and we still understand each other. This could be a trap of some sort. Only way to find out is to see if there's anything outside my door, and if there is, if we understand each other outside of my apartment."
"Ah, you're right. Lets go."
You walk over to your door and put your hand on the doorknob, pausing for just an instant to worry about what might happen if you open the door. Explosive decompression happening when the perfect seal whoever set this trap up breaks by the door opening? The room filling with poisonous gas that was kept out by a similar seal? Demons flood the room, killing all of you and eating your guts?
...Right, that's not going to happen. You know at least that the other people here are strong enough to keep themselves alive, and you'd probably be able to cover your own unless it was a cyberdemon or something.
Back to opening the door.
You slowly open the door, and a line of light fills the room, blinding you. For a second you think it may have been due to some trap that was set, but you realize that it only seems so bright because your room is so dark. The only light source currently illuminating your room is your computer screen, since you tend to seal off most light before it enters your room for multiple reasons, including preventing heat and the fact that you'd rather use a computer in the dark than in bright light.
Once your eyes have adjusted, you look out the door. It appears exactly the way it should, all of the vehicles that would normally be parked here at this time of day present.
Well, here goes nothing.

You take a few steps outside, followed by Reisen. Once you're around ten or so yards from your apartment's door, you speak.
"Reisen, can you understand me now?"
"...Yes."
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Something's wrong here. Unless she's speaking in English for some reason, you're still being affected by Yukari's border manipulation.
"Right, it appears something is wrong. Doesn't seem like anything's TOO wrong, though. If we can understand each other out here still, it means I can show you guys around the outside world if it ends up taking much time until Kaguya or Yukari contact us."
"Right. Except you and Rumia are the only two here who would pass as a normal human."
Shit, she's right. She's got bunny ears, Mystia has wings, Wriggle has antennae. Rumia still would look a bit off from your average human even, with her red eyes and, by outside world standards, strange dress.
Still, you could call it cosplay...
No, that would be a horrible idea. The chances of many people recognizing them and what game they're from are rather small, and the ones that do would probably just think you're a group of idiots for walking around like this when you're not even at a convention or anything.
If only there was a way to make people not notice the abnormal parts on the girls...
Wait, that's right. Reisen's eyes.
"Reisen, would you be able to make an illusion using your eyes that would make you guys look normal?"
"Eh? I guess, but it would take a lot of concentration and energy to do it for a long period of time."
"Oh, I see." That's a bit of a letdown.
"So, we've probably got a bit of time before Yukari gets us back in Gensokyo. Anyone have any ideas about what we can do in the meantime?"

The only person who has an answer for this question is Rumia, who quickly responds with "eat!" as you'd expected her to. But, since you can't really go out anywhere very easily and you don't have enough food laying around to just decide to eat, that plan is shot down before it even really got considered.

Looks like it's up to you to decide what to do. You could show everyone bits of modern technology that may interest them, just go to sleep, or you could go out by yourself and bring back something to do. It's probably not a good idea to force Reisen to use her illusions too much, but they still add the possibility of going out with everyone.

[ ] Technology. Just don't accidentally start an industrial revolution in Gensokyo.
[ ] Sleep. Sleeping is always good.
[ ] Go out and bring back something to do (specify)
[ ] Try and convince Reisen to use her ability so you can go out and do something.
>> No. 9708
[x] Tie up the hair, then use a hat and sunglasses.
>> No. 9709
[x] Try and convince Reisen to use her ability on both of you.

WE'RE TRIPPING BALLS MAN
>> No. 9713
[x] Tie up the hair, then use a hat and sunglasses.
[x] Take everyone out to an all-you-can-eat restaurant.
>> No. 9718
[x] Tie up the hair, then use a hat and sunglasses.
>> No. 9720
[x] Tie up the hair, then use a hat and sunglasses.
[x] Take everyone out to an all-you-can-eat restaurant.
They get to learn, Rumia gets to eat. Everyone benefits.
>> No. 9721
>>9708 here.

I'll just add in

[x] Take everyone out to an all-you-can-eat restaurant.

As well.
>> No. 9779
Oh, hats and sunglasses. You should have a few of each laying around. Those will take care of the oddly-colored eyes and the strange non-human additions all of them seem to have.
"Oh, right. I have some hats and sunglasses that could be used to make your differences less obvious. C'mon, lets go get you all some."

The results are interesting. Mystia and Wriggle are big enough for their hats and sunglasses to fit, but Rumia's hat almost covers her eyes. You'd adjust it, but it's really only her eyes that are that strange.
Oh, clothes too. The only person with clothes that are strikingly abnormal is Mystia. You somehow manage to find something for her to wear that isn't too oversized to do the job.
Once you're done, you're out the door. You remember to grab your old laptop from inside your closet just in case you find yourself in a wifi hotspot and someone from Gensokyo attempts to contact you.
Soon after, you're ready and out the door.

"Alright, where're you taking us?"
An all-you-can-eat buffet. It seems like the only way to adequately feed Rumia without going broke, and it's a nice enough place to sit down and eat anyway."
"I see." Reisen seems indifferent to the idea. Quite different from Rumia, who looks quite excited. Mystia and Wriggle both seem happy about the decision, so you must must have made the right choice.

Transportation. Since you don't have a vehicle after giving the truck to Kaguya, you're going to have to take the bus. Of course, you've got enough money on your person, so the fare isn't a problem. Probably the biggest problem is keeping Rumia, who seems to have started heavily salivating since you told her of your destination, from cannibalizing the other passengers. Luckily the other four of you are strong enough to hold her back. She IS only a stage 1 boss, afterall.
After a few stops you arrive at the buffet. Luckily during your whole journey only one person eyed you suspiciously, which is probably a good thing. In any case, you're here.
Getting off the bus, you guide the girls into the buffet and begin to wait in line. You pay, Rumia getting counted as a minor. This place loves ripping themselves off as deeply as they can, don't they? Anyway, since they're not that busy at this time, you seat yourselves. Finding a table in a far corner to sit at so as to avoid unnecessary annoyances, you ask the girls if they know how buffets work just to be sure. They all voice a collective "yes", so you let them go off to get their food. You sit behind and watch the table, for no real particular reason. Just as you're about to get up and get food for yourself, food appears in front of you.
Of course, it's obvious that it came from one of Yukari's gaps. But you don't even have the chance to think about that as a pain comes from your leg very similar to when you got stung by Wriggle's giant wasp. As quickly as it's there it disappears, leaving you wondering what caused it.
And what else could have caused it other than that note? But Yukari HAS to know less painful ways to alert you to a new message thana goddamn wasp sting.
Pulling it out of your pocket, you take a look at it.

Oh my, I take my eyes off of you for just a couple of hours and find you in some restaurant somewhere in the outside world, WITH a few youkai that shouldn't be there. You're a bit troublesome, aren't you? I'll wait until you're finished there before bringing you back, wouldn't want to waste your hard-earned money. Oh, and watch out for shady characters. Ran said something about a strange man who seems to watch your house a lot recently. Anyway, have a good lunch, and contact me when you're ready to come back so I can actually help you. <3

Well, better hope you're not on a time table with Kaguya.

Just as you've gotten the note deposited back in your pocket, the girls return with their platefuls of food. With Rumia it is literally platefulls, you don't even know how she manages to balance that many plates on her outstretched arms. Now THAT's drawing unwanted attention. Oh well, you'll be out of here soon enough.

You spend basically your whole time here explaining various technologies in the modern world to the girls, careful to leave out enough information to keep them from being able to rebuild one themselves unassisted. You really think an industrial revolution would be a horrible thing to bring upon Gensokyo, so keeping advanced technology out and away from everyone but the Kappa is probably best.
Soon enough, you are politely asked to leave by the astounded manager, who is too awed by Rumia's appetite to be angry. Good enough for you, you'd been here long enough. You make your way back home, taking Yukari's advice to heart. You think you notice someone acting strang, however they look away as soon as you notice them. Weird.
Anyway, you arrive at the main bus stop before you get to your house. It's here that you would make the decision of what to do next.

[ ] Go purchase ammunition for your weapons, you haven't got nearly enough.
[ ] Go buy something else from somewhere else (specify where and what)
[ ] Just go straitght home and have Yukari gap you back immediately.

If 1 or 2,
[ ] Take the girls with you, they might mess up your apartment or break laws or something.
[ ] Leave them behind, they've walked with you enough for one day.
>> No. 9780
[x] Go purchase ammunition for your weapons, you haven't got nearly enough.

No ammo = Oh the humanity!

[x] Ask who wants to come. Leave those who want to and take those who don't.
>> No. 9814
[x] Go purchase ammunition for your weapons, you haven't got nearly enough.
[x] Go buy something else from somewhere else (specify where and what)
[x] Take the girls with you, they might mess up your apartment or break laws or something.
[x] Inventory

Need to know what equipment we have on our person and in storage so we can buy what we need.
>> No. 9832
[x] Go purchase ammunition for your weapons, you haven't got nearly enough.
[x] Take the girls with you, they might mess up your apartment or break laws or something.
[x] Inventory
>> No. 9839
[x] Go purchase ammunition for your weapons, you haven't got nearly enough.
[x] Take the girls with you, they might mess up your apartment or break laws or something.
[x] Inventory
>> No. 9854
Inventory:

Spellcard box. Handy for protecting spellcards from theft.
-Spellcard: Affection Sign 'Perfect Ruffle ~ Upgrade'. One mana cost for upgrade effects.
-Spellcard: Forbidden Sign 'Blaze of Life'. Pre-charged. Two medium sparks.

Backpack. A large backpack. You can fit many things in it.
-Tent. For sleeping in.
-Sleeping bag. Also for sleeping in.
-Ruger 10/22 magazine (10/10). A full Ruger 10/22 magazine.
-Medical kit. You could use this to treat wounds.
-Ruger 10/22. Your trusty old .22 rifle. Not very powerful, but semi-auto is nice.
-Berserker pack (1x). RIP AND TEAR!
-Panties (Yukari's, Wriggle's). Panties you've stolen.
-Money ($150). Self-explanatory.
-AK-47. You got this from either Penny or Coco, you're not sure.
-Candy. This is some pretty damn good candy.
-M1911 mags (3). Full m1911 mags, each holds 7 rounds. One of them has 4 silver bullets.
-Box of 7.62x39mm bullets (20). A box full of 7.62x39mm. Plenty of rounds.

Hunting knife. A normal hunting knife. The blade is about 7" long.
Anti-aircraft gun. Can shoot down aircraft. Massive recoil.
Silver Colt M1911 (7). You got this from Remilia. It has a magic circle on it in gold.

Shiny red marble. It appears to be made of ruby. You have no idea where it came from.
Zippo. It's red. The lighter fluid in it has been recently filled.
Note. Apparantly from Yukari. Usually it is blank save the heart in the middle.
Keys. There used to be more, but now the ring only has the key to your spellcard box.
Wallet ($20). Contains money and various cards of various uses.

---

Oh, right. Ammunition. That would be a bad thing not to have. You've only got what, 4 shots left of those expensive silver bullets. You'd rather buy normal lead bullets and use those, it's a much better idea. Assuming there's no difference between the two in actual operation. But they're probably about the same.
"Oh, right. Ammunition. That would be a bad thing not to have." you repeat your thoughts to the girls standing around you. "I don't have enough shots for the gun Remilia gave me to actually be useful. And I might be able to get some ammo for the AK-47s as well."
"Alright. Lets go." Reisen replies, a bit of boredness coming through in her voice.
Luckily for both you and them, the closest place to buy guns and ammunition is quite close. You re-enter the apartment real quick and grab your wallet, which thankfully still has the $20 you usually carry with you out here. It's also got your debit card and more importantly, your ID. Gun laws requiring you to be 21 to buy ammunition are a pain, but something you've got to live with. Wouldn't want kids buying ammo for their dad's guns and shooting each other, would you?
Arriving at the gun shop, you find it to be full of, well, guns. Just about every legal type of gun is being sold here; high-caliber rifles, low-caliber rifles, pistols, semi-automatic assault rifles, shotguns, you name it. Of course, they're all under lock and key. In the main handgun display, there's a Desert Eagle .50AE on display. It's too expensive, though, for your budget. You're pretty sure there's not enough of that money left that Yukari gave you in your bank account to buy an expensive gun and the ammunition you'd have to have with it. Besides, it's got quite a bit too much recoil. Sure, it might be able to put a bigger hole in a youkai than the .45, but it's not enough for it to be worth it. Just the .22 is sufficient to take out the fairies you've been fighting in one hit, and whatever it was that the magic circle thing did that boosted its power is more than enough to stop any of the weaker youkai you may come across. The rest could probably be reasoned with, or else you wouldn't have a chance even WITH a gun anyway. So, choosing to buy this Desert Eagle would be a bad decision.
"Uh, sir?" the man behind the counter asks. Shit, looks like you've been standing there staring at the gun for a couple minutes.
"Can I help you?"
"Oh, right. I'd like a couple boxes of .45ACP bullets. And 7.62x39 if you've got them too. And if you have them, three M1911 mags."
"Alright, just a moment."
After he's grabbed two boxes of both types of ammunition and the empty magazines, he carries them to the register. You don't even bother listening to how much he says they cost, you just slide that debit card.
"...Wait, hold. Let me see some ID."
"...Eh. Okay, I guess you're doing your job."
You pull out your driver's license and show it to him.
"That's odd. I remember seeing this exact same number used yesterday. Oh well, must have just misremembered."
"I see."
"Have a nice day, sir."
"You too."
You make your way back to your house and fill up your three new magazines with the .45ACP bullets, with three left over. You put those in the magazine you already had, filling the rest of the way up including the silver ones. You also make sure to mark the one with the silver bullets and load a different one so you don't waste the bullets you spent so much on.
Now you're probably ready. You could contact Yukari any time and tell her you're ready to come back.

[ ] Contact Yukari, everything out here is done.
[ ] Contact Yukari after leaving some stuff in your closet. (specify exactly what stuff)
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 9887
>-Panties (Yukari's, Wriggle's). Panties you've stolen.

Wait, I thought we got Tewi's as well?

[x] Contact Yukari after leaving some stuff in your closet:
- [x] Tent
- [x] Sleeping bag
- [x] Anti-aircraft gun
- [x] Ruger 10/22.

Leaving behind the .22 is a tough decision to make, but carrying two rifle-sized weapons is too much, and your handgun is more powerful (especially given that it's now enchanted) and has better range given the .22's terrible ballistics. The 7.62x39 cartridge is nearly as cheap as the .22LR and has much, much more power. Furthermore, your enemy is using it, so you'll be able to replenish your stock in the field if need be. You want to leave a weapon in the house anyway in case you get transported here without your stuff again.

Since you're now traveling with a large retinue, having a tent and a sleeping bag just for yourself is going to fairly useless.
>> No. 9908
Alright, I think I need to clarify the anti-aircraft gun.
The thing is tiny. Smaller than the M1911. Fits in your pocket. Its rounds are the size of an AA battery, and have enough power to knock a 747 out of the sky if you aim it right. The majority of its size is taken up by the five-round magazine. Of course, it has enough recoil to knock you back a few feet if you're not careful, since it doesn't break physics (much).

If you were under the impression that TAiGanon has been carrying around a flak cannon, you were wrong.
>> No. 9910
File 122351306869.jpg - (8.49KB , 254x173 , NoisyCricket254x173.jpg ) [iqdb]
9910
[x] Contact Yukari after leaving some stuff in your closet:
- [x] Tent
- [x] Sleeping bag
- [x] Ruger 10/22.

>>9908

So we have the ballistic version of the Noisy Cricket? Sweet.
>> No. 9911
>>9908

So would it be some high-energy, low-momentum thing like a laser or would it be more like a rocket?
>> No. 9912
>>9908
>Of course, it has enough recoil to knock you back a few feet if you're not careful, since it doesn't break physics (much).

For a bullet of that size to provide that much recoil, either it's fired at near-luminal velocities or it's made of neutronium.

I wonder how they deal with the overpenetration issue?
>> No. 9914
Neutronium is a bit much, since you wouldn't be likely to carry it around (or more like, sink straight through your hand, your foot, and the ground) and at those sizes would require alot of effort for it not to decay within a few minutes into free electrons and protons. Furthermore, there has to be alot of velocity for it to be able to hit a 747 in-flight otherwise gravity would drag it back down again, a neutronium bullet fired at regular bullet speeds would still mostly follow the path of a normal bullet, save air resistance would be far less of a factor.

As for near-luminal, KE goes up nasty-fast the closer you are to c. In order to shoot yourself straight up a meter using a 100g bullet and assuming you're 100kg yourself, you only need a bullet speed of about what, 4.4 km/s?
>> No. 9948
>>9914

I see no exaggeration gets past you guys.

Let's try another angle: Materials strong enough to not fail catastrophically (read: explode) at the exerted pressures needed to propel a bullet of such small grain at the necessary velocities do not exist.

Second, the amount of recoil enough to lift an 100 kg person 1 meter straight up is also enough to rip a handgun straight out of your hands and leave a handgun-sized hole in your sternum.

And air resistance is a factor of surface area; the mass, weight, or density of the object has nothing to do with it.
>> No. 9951
>>9948

The force of air resistance is the same. However, on heavier masses the acceleration due to force is less. There's a very good reason why it was thought that heavier objects fell faster than lighter objects.

As for 'blowing a hole through your chest', gosh, that sure disproved my point that 3e8 m/s > > 4.4e3 m/s, did it? I was assuming a rigid gun/shooter object for the sake of a simpler calculation.
>> No. 9952
Pick one?
-magic
-eirin's shady new drug Lunarian technology
-yukari is fooling around again
>> No. 9956
[x] Contact Yukari after leaving some stuff in your closet:
- [x] Tent
- [x] Sleeping bag
- [x] Ruger 10/22.
>> No. 9958
>>9951
>As for 'blowing a hole through your chest', gosh, that sure disproved my point that 3e8 m/s > > 4.4e3 m/s, did it?

Your point was dumb.

>>9952
>-eirin's shady new drug Lunarian technology

Your point is not.

Christ you faggots are insufferable sometimes.
>> No. 10001
Ah, right. You've been carrying quite a bit of unnecessary stuff. Originally this camp gear was quite useful, but that was before you had so many people who could fly you places so quickly. Right now this is all useless.
And the Ruger is too. While it's plenty sufficient for taking out fairies, there's the fact that there isn't a source of ammunition for it inside of Gensokyo. While you COULD carry around a large box of .22 shots, but those would be suddenly useless if you got attacked by anything bigger than fairies. Which you can't rule out happening, this IS Gensokyo after all. For all you know, next time you enter the forest you could get jumped by Bigfoot. Unless you manage to get a headshot, you're not going to take him down before he hurts you if you're using a .22. An AK-47, however, has plenty of stopping power. While it might not be quite as accurate as you may like, it's the same weapon your opponents use. They probably even have less accuracy than you due to having to swing a gun bigger than them around.
For a moment you think about leaving behind the AA gun, but decide against it. It's so small that you don't really have to worry about it taking up much space, and it's definitely got enough stopping power to be useful in a pinch. And if it's meant to shoot down aircraft, it's got to be pretty accurate if you can already aim a pistol well. You end up shoving it back in your pocket in case you need it.

It's Yukari time. You sit down at your computer. Just as you're about to open Yukari's MSN window to tell her you're ready to go back, you realize that this might be the last time you see your screen. Hell, you could be going back and forth every few minutes in the future, but there's always the possibility that it'll all suddenly stop and you'll be stuck in Gensokyo unless you can convince Yukari, or even less likely Reimu, to let you out. It almost makes you feel sad, once you remember the times you had.
...Oh well. You may end up being needed in Gensokyo for some reason if you stay here, and you're certain the others with you will be. Staying here would be quite selfish, and might not even work. You don't know how you ended up in Gensokyo, but it definitely wasn't Yukari's gaps. Could it have been Yumou's doing? You're almost certain it was her fault, or she wouldn't be trying to hunt you down like she is. But why? What use are you? Were you just some guy she chose at random? That makes no sense.
It's time to stop thinking about such things. You've been thinking too long about things lately. Right now you need to contact Yukari.

Yukarin signed on at Thu Aug 30 12:56:49 2007
[13:48] >Hey.
[13:48] Yukarin: You ready?
[13:48] >Yes.
[13:48] Yukarin: Just a moment.

A minute or so passes before anything happens.
[13:50] Yukarin: Hold on, something's wrong.
[13:50] Yukarin: All of those fairies have converged outside of the human village. That's a lot of fairies. At least 2000 fairies.
[13:50] Yukarin: This could be dangerous, do you want me to bring you back anyway? Do you want me to take you to Eientei or the human village, or where?

Fuck, this is bad. Over 2000 of those fairies? Surrounding that small village that required on a were-hakutaku to defend it and otherwise seemed rather hopeless? This can't be good. You've got to do something to help them, otherwise lots of people could be killed. This would be a VERY bad thing.
But then, teleporting straight into the village might be a bad idea. You might be the only reason they need to storm the village and kill everything that moves, and suddenly appearing would lead to lots of others getting hurt as well.

[ ] To Eientei. There's an army there you might be able to mobilize, and it's an army you will be fighting. You need more numbers.
[ ] No, you can't stall that long. You need to do something to help NOW. You don't know how much time you have.
[ ] Wait it out here. If the situation doesn't improve, you can go back then.
[ ] Write-in

---

Alright, becuase of nostalgia, I've decided to run a second CYOA in the postscript of the main one that mimics the IRC version much better. Due to the limited space IRC has, its updates will be nice and short. There's two ways this can go, it can go like the original original TAiG, which had absolutely no seriousness at all. Or, we can do it like the newer original TAiG, which actually had a plot. Of course, it'll be a new plot if you choose to do this.
Also, the above is quite possibly longer than the updates will be.

[ ] Slot 1 (completly unserious)
[ ] First playthrough (has a plot)
[ ] Neither.
>> No. 10006
>>10001
>[13:50] Yukarin: This could be dangerous, do you want me to bring you back anyway? Do you want me to take you to Eientei or the human village, or where?

[x] "I don't have 2000 bullets, but I can ask Keine to hide the village, at least temporarily. Take me there."
>> No. 10010
[x] Split up. You go outside the village, try to draw off some of the fairies while the others mobilize Eientei. Force them to fight on two fronts, three if possible - try to be in a different direction from Eientei.
>> No. 10103
[ˆーˆ] Go to the human village and lure the fairies to Eientei.

We lack any form of good terms with Eientei, in fact, Tewi might be hating us so it's not likely that we can get them to help. But if we force them to defend themselves, they will have no choice but to fight back.
>> No. 10192
[x] Wait it out here. If the situation doesn't improve, you can go back then.

Vacation with our youkai friends, and I'm sure Reisen could use a week off. If only we had enough money to buy some plane tickets...
>> No. 10249
Combining =options because I've been waiting since Thursday for any one option to get a second vote going for it.
---
Human village being attacked. Not good. You can't let this just happen.
But just rushing in blindly without a plan would be a bad idea. You don't have 2000 bullets, but you're rather sure the opposition has five. Just blindly rushing in will get both you and your friends killed, and that's not acceptable. But it's also not acceptable to just idly wait here for it all to blow over, and it's not acceptable to just go back to Eientei and hide like a faggot. No, you've got to defend the village, AND come out mostly alive yourself.
Aha, an idea. Eientei has an army of those rabbits. You're sure that if that's all of the fairies, a few members of your group can make it to Eientei and back with no problems. They can therefore get some reinforcements. In the meantime, you can be here generally helping protect the city. You know more about their weapons than the humans here probably do, and Keine probably won't be able to fight two thousand of them on her own very easily unless they get disarmed.

[13:51] >Alright, send me to the village. Send the rest of them to Eientei.
[13:51] Yukarin: Alright~

As soon as you see this message, a sudden sinking feeling overcomes you. Not because you think you did something wrong, but becuase you're goddamn falling. Straight down, almost right into the center of the fairy army. This is not good.
Luckily you get grabbed by someone before you pick up enough force for a sudden stop to kill you. Apparantly Keine has already began trying to fix the situation, with apparantly no luck. It looks like the fairies haven't began attacking yet, which is quite a good thing. It means that they could just be camping here on their way through to somewhere.
...Like Eientei. Right, that might not be a good thing. Not at all. That attack group that was sent earlier to Eientei might have just been there to scout the area to plan the full attack. Which means that Eientei would be the target. But then, it might be good that you've seemingly caught them before they've done any planning.

"God damn it, Yukari." you hear Keine mutter under her breath as she sets you down on the ground.
"Right, I don't know why she dropped you here, but it's dangerous out there right now. Just let me take care of things and we can all move on with our lives." She seems a bit irritated at the army outside of the village's walls. It's fairy obvious why.

[ ] Let her take care of it like she suggested. She knows what she's doing.
[ ] You've got incoming rabbits, no need to worry about safety. Charge in guns blazing.
[ ] Get the fuck out of here.
>> No. 10250
>It's fairy obvious why.
fdslkfjsadgi

{X} Let her take care of it like she suggested. She knows what she's doing.
>> No. 10252
>She seems a bit irritated at the army outside of the village's walls. It's fairy obvious why.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

[x] Let her take care of it like she suggested. She knows what she's doing.

Caving in progress...
>> No. 10262
>As soon as you see this message, a sudden sinking feeling overcomes you. Not because you think you did something wrong, but becuase you're goddamn falling.

It might've been because I just got up, but I lol'd.

[x] Let her take care of it like she suggested. She knows what she's doing.
>> No. 10410
Gah, tiny update is tiny.
---
Right, you'd really only be getting in the way. Even if you know how the guns work and how the fairies use them, that doesn't mean you'll be more effective in stopping them than Keine. After all, you can only aim at one target at a time. Keine can aim at dozens of them at once, and the shots would probably be enough to eliminate them. And you don't recall seeing any artillery while you were falling. Then again, artillery usually has quite a bit of range, more than you'd have been able to see while falling.
So yeah, you just step out of the way and let her do her thing. Which doesn't really consist of much, it seems that she wants to avoid a confrontation. You can't blame her.
The fairy army doesn't take any moves either, likely due to lack of orders.
Right, you're now in a stalemate. Every second spend standing there, though, is a second closer to them being sent to attack. It's probably a good diea to prevent the order from coming, or to prevent it from doing anything.

[ ] Try and convince Keine to attack.
[ ] Attack the fairies on your own.
[ ] Wait for Eientei.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 10411
[x] Try and convince Keine to attack.
[x] Tell her if she won't then you will, and proceed to follow through.
>> No. 10414
[x] Try and convince Keine to attack.
[x] Tell her if she won't then you will, and proceed to follow through.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
>> No. 10417
[X] Try and convince Keine to attack.
[X] Tell her if she won't then you will, and proceed to follow through.
>> No. 10420
[X] Try and convince Keine to attack.
>> No. 10464
Blame Mother 3 for the delay in updating.
---
Wait, what? Hold on. Even if they're not attacking right now, they're likely to attack later on. That would be a very bad thing. You've got to attack them and stop them before they do, and you can probably do it just fine if you do a sneak attack or just outright startle them by suddenly opening fire. Either way would work. But standing there doing nothing does NOT.
"Keine, what are you doing? Attack them already, or they'll attack the village." you urge her.
"Get back, it's dangerous. Large groups of fairies gathering outside the village is a common occurance, and if they aren't going to attack I'll treat it the same as I would then. No use starting them attacking if they aren't already." She really does seem quite agitated.
"Hey, Keine. Don't large groups of fairies in an area usually signify that there's a bigger threat nearby? Like a strong youkai, or something along those lines? And what if they're just waiting for the order to attack, knowing that you'd just take your sweet time like usual to avoid confrontation?"
Keine seems a little taken aback by your pushiness, but holds firm.
"I'm not attacking unless they attack, and there's nothing you can do to make me not."
Well, that does it. You'll have to take action in your own hands. This ISN'T time to be polite, not at all. It's your life and the lives of all the villagers, and therefore the peace of the entirety of Gensokyo, that is currently being threatened. You're not going to just stand there.
"...Fine, Keine. If you're not going to do anything about it, I will." You unshoulder your AK-47 and pull back the slide to make sure there is a round chambered. "And there's nothing you can do to make me not." you shoulder the rifle and begin making your way towards the gate.
Right, you've got to make a battle plan. Just rushing out there without even the slightest bit of planning on what you're going to do would be a horrible mistake.

[ ] Rush head-on, attempt to frighten them away.
[ ] Sneak behind them and attack from the forest, using the trees for cover and the fact that they wouldn't know where you were to help intimidate them into leaving.
[ ] Get as many villagers to help you as you can, then proceed with one of the above plans (specify)
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 10466
[ ] Sneak behind them and attack from the forest, using the trees for cover and the fact that they wouldn't know where you were to help intimidate them into leaving.

Guerrilla warfare.
>> No. 10471
[ ] Sneak behind them and attack from the forest, using the trees for cover and the fact that they wouldn't know where you were to help intimidate them into leaving.
>> No. 10472
[x] Sneak behind them and attack from the forest, using the trees for cover and the fact that they wouldn't know where you were to help intimidate them into leaving.

Put all our training to use.
>> No. 10543
Planning indeed. You've already got one in mind, and you think it'll work out just the way you want it to.
You'll sneak behind them from the forest, using the trees for cover. Hopefully when you suddenly start attacking they'll be scared off by a sudden attack from their unguarded side.
You decide to walk back to one of the other entrances to the town and exit from there, so that the fairies don't see you. You're sure that just seeing you would cause them to start an attack immediately, you seem to be one of their bigger targets. If you can scare them off from behind cover, however, they might not even know it was you.
Ah, the town exit. Here we go.

Sneaking through the forest is a bit of a pain. It seems that this particular section of forest happens to be the most rugged. Old fallen trees, vines spread dangerously across the ground, and of course, man-eating plants. You keep your distance from the man-eating plants, but the rest of the dangers are a bit more difficult to escape. Luckily you only trip a couple of times because of the vines. The journey was quite short, and near the end the forest ended up being just a normal forest type thing.
Now would be when you turn towards the town. So you do. It would be quite easy to get lost in this forest if you didn't know exactly how far from the town you were.
Walking for a while, you are surprised to find that you managed to wander off further than you thought. After a good ten minutes of walking you still don't make it back to the town, and there isn't a fairy in sight. This is not good.
Not good at all. You're alone in the forest, in Gensokyo. Sure, you've got a gun to protect you. But what good is it if you suddenly get attacked by an army of the fairies? You can't very well fight them in the close-range environment you're in in a forest this thick, even with your spellcard. It's good for one shot, and at best you could maybe aim it so that it gets in front of and behind you. Still a lot of angles it would miss, and a lot of 7.62mm and danmaku bullets that would hit you. Which results in one dead-
Oh fuck yes a rabbit. It seems she is in quite a rush to wherever she is going, as she almost runs straight into you. Luckily you manage to stop her before she does by grabbing her shoulders and manually stopping her.
"Eeeh!" she almost runs away when she notices it's you, but your grip on her shoulders is too firm.
"Get away from me, zombie! You can't eat my brains! I won't let you!" she cries, a very frightened look about her.
"Calm down, I need to as-"
"LET ME GO OR I'LL START KICKING" she screams. Damn it, she's not even listening to you.
"Calm down. I'm not going to eat your brains. I just want to know where the hu-"
Your sentence is cut off by a fuckton of pain in your testicles. It seems she still wasn't listening to you and instead was preparing to give you quite a strong blow to the balls. This fucking sucks.
Luckily she still doesn't get away. Somehow you managed to keep a grip on her shoulders even as you fell to your knees from the pain.
After a couple minutes of you trying to get over the pain, and the rabbit girl constantly kicking you in less sensitive places, you are finally able to continue.
"STOP IT GOD DAMN IT" you forcefully shout at the rabbit. If you weren't already late for a meeting with an army of fairies you wouldn't have been as rude. It seems you managed to get the rabbit girl's attention, though, as she stops kicking and whining, and instead turns her attention to you.
"I'm not going to eat your brains. Jesus christ, I only wanted you to point me towards the human village so I can take care of some business there, and then you go and kick me in the balls. That's not very nice. I'm sorry if I startled you before when I was covered in blood and all, but right now there are people's lives at stake. Tell me where the human village is and we can both continue on with our lives as we already were."
"Oh, uh. It's t-that way." She points in the direction she was running when she almost ran into you.
"Thank you." you release your grip on her shoulders and let out a sigh. This is fucking amazing.
Turning towards the way she was running, you head off towards the human village. You hear her footsteps behind you, though they're significantly slower than the sprinting she was doing earlier.

Eventually you arrive in the position you were trying to get to. Looking off, you can even see the entrance you left from to get here from this angle. Jesus christ, how the hell did you manage to get lost? Well, that doesn't matter now. You didn't ever hear any gunfire, and since the fairies are still roughly in the same area, you can assume they haven't attacked yet. That's good. Better than getting kicked in the balls by a rabbit girl.
Speaking of rabbit girls, the one from before has caught up to you. Though she still keeps a few meters of distance.
"Uh, um. Miss Reisen said to tell you that rabbits will be arriving soon to help."
Wonderful. Why didn't you tell me that earlier? Oh well, she must have been too startled. Right now you're not in the best of moods yourself. You feel like hitting something.
With this new information, though, you may choose to replan your attack.

[ ] Wait for reinforcements.
[ ] Continue with the plan as you had originally decided.
[ ] Rush in and fight hand-to-hand, you need to let off some steam. And it would startle the fairies even more to have a madman just rush into their ranks and start beating them up, right?
[ ] MORE RAGE
[ ] Write-in
>> No. 10566
[x] Use item: Berserker Pack
[x] Rush in and fight hand-to-hand, you need to let off some steam. And it would startle the fairies even more to have a madman just rush into their ranks and start beating them up, right?

We have a Berserker Pack, right?

Time to scare the shit out of them.
>> No. 10568
[x] Find beehive.
[x] Insert Bezerker Pack into Beehive.
[x] Throw beehive so bezerker pack and beehive break open landing, hopefully spraying the insides of the pack all over the bees.
[x] Run.
>> No. 10569
[x] Find beehive.
[x] Insert Bezerker Pack into Beehive.
[x] Throw beehive so bezerker pack and beehive break open landing, hopefully spraying the insides of the pack all over the bees.
[x] Run.

The options that make me laugh the most usually turn out to have positive results in the end so let's do it again!
>> No. 10570
[x] Find beehive.
[x] Insert Bezerker Pack into Beehive.
[x] Throw beehive so bezerker pack and beehive break open landing, hopefully spraying the insides of the pack all over the bees.
[x] Run.
>> No. 10572
File 122455830160.gif - (52.03KB , 504x500 , dogeatingbees.gif ) [iqdb]
10572
[x] Find beehive.
[x] Insert Bezerker Pack into Beehive.
[x] Throw beehive so bezerker pack and beehive break open landing, hopefully spraying the insides of the pack all over the bees.
[x] Run.

I'M COVERED IN BEES
>> No. 10578
...Hold on. You're going about this the wrong way. You shouldn't be the one to attack. That's suicide. But waiting for the rabbits to show up is just as bad. You need a way to neutralize the threat before they get here, and without exposing yourself to danger.
Hmm, what methods could be used? Using the spellcard? No, that's definitely way too flashy and they'd know what was going on if you did that. Throwing rocks? That's like shooting at them, only with a less-leathal weapon that has less range and accuracy. In other words, it's a god damn stupid idea.
What could be used as a distraction, then?
You take a look through your stuff.
Spellcards? One's too flashy, the other requires you to be touching them. That's out. Backpack? What's that going to do, distract them for a second while you move closer and end up getting shot when they regain their attention? Right. A medical kit? Come on, what's there to do with this? Roll yourself up in gauze and pretend to be a mummy? No, that's the most stupid idea yet.
The berserker pack. That's got some potential. You could possibly rip a tree out of the ground and throw it, then escape to a different angle while it's still assisting you. But if they don't get startled enough, they'll still be startled enough to start attacking the village. That's no good. You've got to completely scare them off.
Panties, no. Money, no. AK-47, that's what you're trying to decide a way to get out of using. Candy? Maybe, you don't know if they have sweet tooths. The magazines for your guns are useless except as a rock. The other guns are just as useless. The anti-aircraft gun would be quite a distraction, but it would do the same as the spellcard: temporary disarray, then suddenly they're attacking the village. No good.
The Zippo. Only option you can think of is burning down the forest, and that's obviously no good.

Right, none of the obvious direct uses of these items are useful. What can you do?
Buzzing. Likely coming from a fly. It reminds you of the wasp that woke you up. Man, when you got stung by that thing a few days ago it hurt like hell. You'd sure as hell run away from a situation where you were being attacked by ferocious bees with no knowledge of where they came from...
AH! THAT'S FUCKINGIT!
What you ought to do is, you ought to find a beehive. Can't be too hard, right? And you've got to get them angry. No, not just angry. Super-angry. The kind of angry you can only get from drugs. Berserker-pack angry.
Jesus fucking christ, berserker-pack bees! This plan just simply cannot fail, it's so far-fetched!
You run off into the forest and somehow manage to easily find a beehive. Carefully you remove it from the branch it is stuck on, making sure not to make any sudden movements. It seems any bees inside are currently sleeping or something. Or they know it's almost their time for glory, to fight a battle that will be the first of its kind. You don't know whether bees have been used in warfare before, but you're almost certain it hasn't been done with a berserker pack.
You quickly make it back to the human village. Same situation as before, so you're good.
You take a couple steps back, open the berserker pack, and inject its contents into the beehive. Hopefully this will work...
A running start. Perfect execution. You never were good at throwing things, but this is the one exception to save a village from destruction. Your beehive projectile files true and lands right in the middle of the group of fairies, where it quite predictably breaks. Out come the bees, now more pissed off and aggressive than ever. They're attacking more vigorously than killer bees. In fact, they're attacking almost too aggressively. Some of the fairies even pop from the stings they recieve.
It doesn't take long for the entire group of fairies to split up in a frenzy. They all leave in all directions. You end up climbing up a tree to avoid getting charged into by a small group of fairies led by one with a red-trimmed dress. Good thing you avoided them too, or you'd likely be dead.
Right, they're mostly all gone, except the remainders. Which all happen to have either red or blue trim dresses. You can only guess that the blue-trim ones are quite high-ranking. And it seems that they're quite good at danmaku too, as all of the bees are seemingly neutralized. As soon as this happen, they begin to split up and search the perimeter. You're going to get caught and likely killed if you just stay here, so you should get moving.

[ ] You didn't finish the job! There's few enough now to just take potshots and take them out yourself.
[ ] Rush out there, yelling like a madman. Attempt to get their attention and lead them away from the village.
[ ] Try and return through a side entrance to the village, where you can take cover safely behind Keine.
[ ] Escape into the forest.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 10580
[x] You didn't finish the job! There's few enough now to just take potshots and take them out yourself.
>> No. 10588
[X] You didn't finish the job! There's few enough now to just take potshots and take them out yourself.
>> No. 10605
File 12246246403.jpg - (22.98KB , 282x282 , HentaiKamen-1.jpg ) [iqdb]
10605
[x]Put the panties on your head. Transforming into HENTAI KAMEN!

They'll never see it coming.
>> No. 10606
[x]Put the panties on your head. Transforming into HENTAI KAMEN!

Okay.

Let's do this.
>> No. 10607
[X]Put the panties on your head. Transforming into HENTAI KAMEN!

Oh yes.
>> No. 10609
[x]Put the panties on your head. Transforming into HENTAI KAMEN!

Oh, those poor fairies...
>> No. 10631
Short update because I'm tired and you didn't give me much to work with.
---
You decide to try and put the panties on your head, in case it awakens some sort of superhero powers caused by genetics. It turns out that no such superpowers existed within you. You decide to leave them there, however, so as to cause the fairies to talk about the amazing pantsu man for centuries.
But none of this helps advance your attack tactics. You've got to figure out a way to attack now before you get caught.

[ ] Any of the above options, or write-in.
-[ ] Leave panties on head.
-[ ] Remote panties.

---
Well, no one said anything about the postscript CYOA. So I'll start it, and if it takes off it takes off. It won't be anything serious.

You wake up in an unfamilliar room in what seems like an unfamilliar cabin. You seem to be dressed in your street clothes, and you have only the items you normally carry with you: a wristwatch and a small pocketknife.
.>input
>> No. 10632
[x] You didn't finish the job! There's few enough now to just take potshots and take them out yourself.
[x] Leave panties on head
--
An unfamiliar room in an unfamiliar cabin? That can only mean one thing!
[x] Jam knife into eye to get the room key out from behind it
>> No. 10633
[X] Leave panties on head
[X] Use the smell of the panties to your advantage. Let the smell stimulate your senses and fuel your oncoming onslaught. Take out a few from cover and quickly change position before they figure out where you hit them from. Attack any remaining fairies but leave on for interrogation. Take it to a remote spot and threaten to violate it's little body unless it agrees to tell it's friends to leave you and the village alone. Make sure to take it's weapons and release and hope it delivers your message. Remove the panties and try to find Eientei; you are a sick fuck.
[X] Speak not of the Amazing Pantsu Man.
>> No. 10638
[X] Leave panties on head
[x] You didn't finish the job! There's few enough now to just take potshots and take them out yourself. (Using your skills gleaned from video games to your advantage - Jack Thompson was right all along! OH NOES!)
[X] Use the smell of the panties to your advantage. Let the smell stimulate your senses and fuel your oncoming onslaught. Take out a few from cover and quickly change position before they figure out where you hit them from. Attack any remaining fairies but leave on for interrogation. Take it to a remote spot and threaten to violate it's little body unless it agrees to tell it's friends to leave you and the village alone. Make sure to take it's weapons and release and hope it delivers your message. Remove the panties and try to find Eientei; you are a sick fuck.
[X] Speak not of the Amazing Pantsu Man.
>> No. 10642
[X] Leave panties on head
[X] Use the smell of the panties to your advantage. Let the smell stimulate your senses and fuel your oncoming onslaught. Take out a few from cover and quickly change position before they figure out where you hit them from. Attack any remaining fairies but leave on for interrogation. Take it to a remote spot and threaten to violate it's little body unless it agrees to tell it's friends to leave you and the village alone. Make sure to take it's weapons and release and hope it delivers your message. Remove the panties and try to find Eientei; you are a sick fuck.
[X] Speak not of the Amazing Pantsu Man.
>> No. 10690
You inhale deeply, the scent of the panties you're wearing over your face entering your nostrils and stimulating your senses. Inspiration. You have absolutely no idea where it came from. But you feel energy you hadn't felt before driving you to complete your mission.
Right. Best to start from here.
Raising your AK-47 to your shoulder, you make sure it is in the semi-automatic firing position and take a few shots at the fairies you can see. Every one hits, and luckily for you they pop rather easily. One even still goes down when you accidentally hit her in the arm as she's trying to fly to another fairy for you assume to be support.
Shit, if you keep shooting from here, they're bound to figure out where you are soon enough. It seems like the red-trim fairies are smarter than normal somehow. They're likely to figure out that the sound coming from this direction means you're coming from this direction.
You stop shooting and grab your rabbit "friend" by the wrist. She almost squeals, but you quickly silence her by covering her mouth with your hand. Giving away your position definitively would result in lots of bullets flying towards you, and your life is worth more than being polite to a girl who kicked you in the balls just earlier.
You shift to a different position and return your gaze to the field. A few of the red-trim fairies seem to be retreating, but the rest are staying and patrolling. They seem to have noticed the spot you were just at as they're moving there. Sucks for them that you're now on a completely different side of the clearing.
Most of the remaining ones fall rather quickly. One remains, though, and is quite apparantly shocked, confused, and afraid. Perfect.
While part of your mind tells you that your next action is wrong in all ways, the rest of your mind tells you it must be done for the sake of all the villagers and yourself.
You manage to sneak up behind the fairy, then lightly jab the barrel of your weapon into her back.

"Don't move or you're going to be in the same position as your friends." you forcefully command. This really isn't the way you'd talk before you came to Gensokyo. This place must have changed you. For better or worse it's hard to say. Regardless, you've got a fairy held at gunpoint now, and if you could see her face you're sure you'd see tears forming in her eyes.
"Give me your gun." You once agani forcefully command. She quickly complies, handing the gun to you. You pass the gun to the rabbit girl, just in case she may need it.
"Right, you're going to come with me." you demand. You then redirect your attention to the rabbit girl.
"You stay here and make sure they don't come back. If they do, shoot them. I'll hear and come rushing back."
"K." she uninterestedly answers. Right.

The fairy barely resists as you drag her deeper into the forest. This time you make for CERTAIN you take a straight path, and when you stop you draw an arrow pointing to the direction you came from before even turning. Take that, misdirection!

"Alright, fairy. We're all alone out here, except for maybe a passing youkai that won't care about your screams. If you don't do as I say, I'll violate your little body until you break. Are we clear?"
Tears start forming in her eyes. She nods.
"Then the first thing I want you to do is give me some answers. Exactly where is the central location of this army? How does it acquire its weapons? Why am I a target?"
The fairy continues sobbing, but forces out what you take as an "I don't know" between bursts.
"Then how do orders get sent out to the army? I can't imagine such a large group of fairies being able to summon themselves so perfectly on such a short notice without a person pulling the strings."
She continues sobbing. "I-I... Yumou-sama gives orders to the b-blue ones, and they give them to us red ones, and we give them t-to the white ones." she manages to force out.
"...Alright. The last thing I want you to do for me. You'll tell your friends to leave me and the village alone. Got it?"
she nods eagerly.
"then get going." you release the fairy, and she quickly flies away.

Ah, another crisis avoided. Though you did it in quite an unorthodox manner. It was effective, though, wasn't it?
Right. You don't want your friends to see you like this, wearing panties on your face and all. You remove them and rejoin your rabbit friend at the clearing. It only takes the vaguest of hints that suggest that you're threatening to eat her brains to get her to cooperate and not tell anyone about what you just did. It's best that way.
You'd decide to try and find your way back to Eientei, but the rabbit army arrived way too soon for that. You join them and find yourself back at Eientei shortly. Time to figure out what to do.

[ ] Visit someone- specify who and why.
[ ] Visit somewhere- specify where and why.
[ ] Take a nap.
[ ] Find out if that passage from before still leads to your apartment.
>> No. 10696
[x] Find out if that passage from before still leads to your apartment.
>> No. 10699
[x] Find out if that passage from before still leads to your apartment.
>> No. 10705
[X] Visit Wriggle and see how she's doing
>> No. 10710
>>10632
FFFFF forgot to update the subscript part.
Right, the voting on that works a bit different. What I like best wins.
Anyway.

You search the room for a knife to jab yourself in the with, but find none. You're unsure whether it would be a good idea to leave the room or not, since you have no clue how you got here.
.>input
>> No. 10711
>>10710

Systemically click every pixel... err, touch, talk to or examine every square centimeter of the walls while trying to combine your entire inventory together.
>> No. 10712
>Eat Room
>> No. 10716
-Dig out the walls of the room looking for tasty termites to eat.
>> No. 10719
You search the room for a knife to jab yourself in the with, but find none. You're unsure whether it would be a good idea to leave the room or not, since you have no clue how you got here.

>You wake up in an unfamilliar room in what seems like an unfamilliar cabin. You seem to be dressed in your street clothes, and you have only the items you normally carry with you: a wristwatch and a small pocketknife.
> a wristwatch and a small pocketknife.
> a small pocketknife.

We had a knife already though, which was why I suggested it.
>> No. 10722
>>10719
After searching the room and finding no knife, you hit yourself in the head once you remember the pocketknife in your pocket. You reach into your pocket and pull it out... Except it's not there.
.>input
>> No. 10723
[X] Find out if that passage from before still leads to your apartment.
>> No. 10726
Ah right, the passageway Reisen led you through that ended up taking you to your apartment. You're quite curious about that. Does it still lead there? Would going there result in another fairy attack? Would you be able to convince Yukari to bring you back again for the second time today?
...Your curiousity towards the answer to the first question outweighs your dislike of the possibility for a bad answer for the other questions. You really want to know.
A bit of you tells you that it's too dangerous, or a waste of time. That you could go and visit someone. Maybe you could go visit Wriggle and brag about the trick you pulled earlier with the beehive. Maybe you could find that rabbit you came here with and scare her more or something. Lots of other things you could do.
But your curiousity is getting the better of you. It's now more fueled by the fact that there could be danger than the fact that you're curious now, anyway.
Yes, this is what you will do.

You begin walking through the hallways. You still don't have the exact layout memorized, but at least by now you can figure your way around alright. Well enough to find the wall that will disappear if you run into it or something. You're not exactly sure what you have to do, just that it opened when you ran into it. So that's what you do this time. You brace for the impact this time, though. Much less pain.
The door slides open with a woosh. Inside it looks like a normal empty closet. You press the section of floor that opens the trap door. You descend and find yourself in darkness. Once again you light your Zippo to illuminate your surroundings. It takes a few flicks this time though. You haven't refueled in quite a while, and your flint feels like it's wearing out. It might be a good thing after all if you get sent back to your apartment.

You continue through the hallway to the door, which was left open. You can see from here that it definitely does not lead to your apartment. For one, you only have one computer screen in your apartment. This room has at least four.
Stepping inside, you find that it's bright enough to see on your own with just the light from the computer screens. Why didn't they illuminate the hallway a bit more? You have no clue. Magic? Lunarian technology? Somewhat advanced human technology? There's no way to tell, and it doesn't really matter. Must just be a security feature to make the room seem unused during a lockdown.
Looking around the room, you see that there were more computer monitors than you had thought. There's at least eight, and probably still more. Most of them are off, and that's probably why you didn't notice them before. The ones that are on show a few security cameras each. One of them shows footage of the surrounding forest. Another shows the hallways. Another shows things like the main living room and the kitchen. Another shows what appears to be a holding cell.
Other than the computers, the room is quite empty other than a couple of the danmaku rifles laying around. There is a door to another room, but you've tried your luck enough for one day you think.
Then again...

[ ] Check the door.
[ ] Tell Wriggle of your bees.
[ ] Write-in

---

You begin systematically checking every single square centimeter of the room that you can actually check. You don't find much other than what looks like a guitar pick.
.>input
>> No. 10727
[X] Tell Wriggle of your bees.

-Insert thing that looks like a guitar pick into your mouth.
>> No. 10728
[x] Tell Wriggle of your bees.

-Take pick
-AIR GUITAR
>> No. 10733
[x] Tell Wriggle of your bees.

- NANTOKANAREEEEEEEEEEEE
>> No. 10739
-Sing "Okkusenman"
>> No. 10753
Right, Wriggle. You must tell her about your bees. Screw this bunker, it's boring and silent down here. Time to track down Wriggle.
Once again lighting your Zippo for the ability to see, you make your way back down the hallway, up the ladder, and through the hidden door. You make sure to close it behind you.
This time you know where you're going. You aren't sure you'd be able to find your way in other parts of the huge building, but this area is familliar to you now. You quickly find your way to Wriggle's room, with no real stops along the way. You knock.
No answer.
You knock again.
No answer.
Huh. Either she's not here or she doesn't want to talk to you.
...
She wants to talk to you. She may not know it, but she wants to talk to you. After all, you have an awesome story about bees to tell her.
The door slides open without anything stopping it. In other words, it wasn't locked. Inside, you find it to be empty. There aren't any bugs in here, other than a couple of Wriggle's huge wasps. Luckily for you, they don't seem to notice that you just entered the room.
This means she's not here. Which means she's somewhere else. And that means you have to go look for her.
You step out of the room, closing the door behind you. Time to get looking.

The living room. That would be a good place to start.
You head towards said room. The walking there is quite boring. You don't have anything to think about and you also don't have any strange growling noises to keep you alert. Just mostly empty hallways, except the occasional rabbit. It seems like there aren't as many of them at the moment as there were previously, probably because they're now mostly all on guard duty after the place got attacked.
The living room is empty, save Tewi sitting at a table staring out the window. She seems somewhat bored. You wouldn't expect someone like her to just sit there staring off into space like that.
...Maybe it's a different rabbit dressing like Tewi to throw you off. Yes, that's pretty likely. Maybe it's the one from earlier, trying to get back at you for scaring you. Yeah. You're not going to fall for it. It's too obvious.
Wriggle's not here, though. Which means you've got to choose a different place to look. Maybe the kitchen?
And so you head there. Once again, the walk is unintersting. Arriving at the kitchen, you take a look inside. Once again, rather empty. This time there isn't even a rabbit pretending to be Tewi. Looks like this was a dead-end too.
You leave the kitchen from one of its other entrances. You don't have anywhere in mind to look at the moment, so wandering is probably the most effective way to search for her now. Maybe you can run into someone who will have information on where to look for her.

Well, you do, but only after about ten minutes of walking. Suddenly Mystia flies through one of the paper walls and almost crashes into you. Her angle was just perfect so she hit a large wooden post that you assume is there to hold the building's roof up. Needless to say, this stopped her much better than the paper.
"Ow~ That fairy's stronger than she looks~" she mumbles as she rubs her head and sits up.
"Ah~ How are you?" she asks.
"I'm alright, other than being startled by almost being ran into. How're you?"
"Ah~ Sorry about that~ I'm alright, other than being thrown into a wooden post~"
That's not quite something you'd be that carefree about. But then, you're a human.
"I see. Would you happen to know where Wriggle's at, by chance?"
"No~ She left into the forest and didn't say why~"
"I see." That ruins a plan.
"You can play with me instead if you want~"

[ ] Accept. It's better than being bored.
[ ] Decline. Wriggle needs to hear about the awesome bees. It's urgent.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 10755
[x] Decline. Wriggle needs to hear about the awesome bees. It's urgent.

Those fairies were COVERED IN BEES.
>> No. 10756
>>10755

What do you want to bet that Wriggle went out to the forest to discover why her insect friends went insane?
>> No. 10757
>>10756

That would be awesome.
>> No. 10758
[x] Accept her proposal in a fit of ADD.
>> No. 10759
[X] Accept. It's better than being bored.

Cannot resist Mystia.
>> No. 10760
[X] Accept. It's better than being bored.
>> No. 10764
[X] Accept. It's better than being bored.
>> No. 10765
Mystia has her own CYOA now, but Cutebug never gets any play.

Isn't it sad, Wriggle? ;_;
>> No. 10766
>>10765

>Mystia has her own CYOA now, but Cutebug never gets any play.

>Isn't it sad, Wriggle? ;_;

Why hello there Forest LA.
>> No. 10768
>>10766

Which has been dead for how many months now?
>> No. 10770
Well, playing with Mystia is fine too. You only needed to find something to do, right? Mystia as good as Wriggle for that purpose. While seeing Wriggle's reaction to your genius tactical decisionmaking would be greatly entertaining, it is just as entertaining to go pranking with Mystia. Maybe even moreso, depending on the reactions.

"Yeah, sure, Mystia."
"Great~ Now help me beat this fairy~" she says as she's grabbing your arm.
"Alright, just le-" you're cut off by a surge of adrenaline. She goddamn THREW you at the fairy through the hole in the wall. Goddamn.

You slam into the fairy, causing her to be pulled along by your remaining momentum. You hit the ground hard, hard enough for the fairy to have been likely to pop. Surprisingly, however, she's still alive and well.
And ON FIRE JESUS CHRIST
You quickly pull yourself off of the now burning Onric, to your feet. The fact that she's on fire right now and hasn't popped means she has likely become more than just a normal fairy. You haven't seen her do that much training, though, so how?
Doesn't matter, you've got a burning, quarter-sized girl rushing at you with a spellcard in her hands. It's time to get the fuck out of here.
You manage to escape back into the house before it's declared. You hide behind another structural beam, like what Mystia smashed into. This gives you a bit of time to think.

Right, Onric's on fire, and probably coming after you and Mystia. Even if it's a game, this is going way overboard. Mystia might be able to heal from third-degree burns somewhat rapidly, but you'd likely be paying Eirin a visit.
Which means you've got to stop her before she hurts you. Or you've got to run away. But that wouldn't do good for your reputation or pride. Fighting is the only option, with different suboptions on how to do it.
First thing that comes to mind is a spellcard. She was just about to declare one, right? That would make this a spellcard battle, right? Which means you've got to declare one, or else you're accepting defeat. And that's as bad as running away.
Or you could just rush in and fight hand-to-hand. You're not afraid of fire. Fire is your friend. In fact, it was you that encouraged Onric down this path of pyromania in the first place. You should be able to outburn her, or you're not a man.
But both of those have risks. The spellcard might be too much for her. You're not sure if she can still pop like most fairies, but she would definitely feel the pain. And if you just attack head-on, you might end up going up in flames. While it IS the way you'd prefer to die, you'd rather prefer not to die at all.
You hear a door nearby slam open. It looks like she, or someone else who is being violent for some reason, is close. YOu've got to think fast.

[ ] Run the fuck away. Who cares about pride, you'll be saving lives.
[ ] Use the spellcard. You can likely do something to get someone nearby to refill it. Eirin seems like the type of person to know enough to be able to refill the battery, right?
[ ] Hand-to-hand combat. Either win or fail in a blaze of glory. Like a REAL man.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 10772
>You're not afraid of fire. Fire is your friend. In fact, it was you that encouraged Onric down this path of pyromania in the first place. You should be able to outburn her, or you're not a man.

awesome.jpg

[x] Forbidden Sign 『Blaze of Life』

PEW PEW
>> No. 10774
If we die or get hurt Wriggle might show her dere side. Show her dere side to the anons dead body.

Ace
>> No. 10775
[x] Gun Sign 『Hot Lead Death』
[x] Actually, that wasn't a spell card at all. You just shot her.
>> No. 10776
>>10774

[X] Hand-to-hand combat. Either win or fail in a blaze of glory. Like a REAL man.

Forgot my vote.
>> No. 10781
[x] Hand-to-hand combat. Either win or fail in a blaze of glory. Like a REAL man.
>> No. 10783
[x] Hand-to-hand combat. Either win or fail in a blaze of glory. Like a REAL man.

I can totally see us surviving this.
>> No. 10785
[x] Hand-to-hand combat. Either win or fail in a blaze of glory. Like a REAL man.

Can we use our spell card to pull off a Tyrant Rave?
>> No. 10801
There is no choice to make. The only way to do it is like a man. If you can't handle one fairy, you can't handle an army. And if you can't handle an army, you're goddamn useless. Not to mention the blow to your pride losing to a fairy would be. Burns? Who gives a fuck about burns? You're at Eientei. Surely Eirin has some sort of cream or tonic that will make your burn go away as quick as it got there. And all it is is a minor flesh wound. You can handle this.
From the sound of it, Onric's getting closer too.
You hear her right outside your door. Now's the time to act.
Quickly, you push yourself forward through the door, ignoring its presence. It's just made of paper and twigs anyway. Nothing you can't break through.
Once you've broken through, the next step is to put out the burning fairy's fire. How? By knocking her out, of course!

...This part proves a bit difficult. While you are usually damn fast, this fairy of yours seems to be even faster. And on top of that, she's an incredibly small target. Meaning the closest you've gotten to hitting her was grazing her slightly, which resulted in more injuries to you than her from the fire. This gets to be a bit annoying. You've still got the upper hand, though, as she hasn't had the ability to attack.
Oh, fuck. She's been leading you outdoors. You'll significantly lose your advantage outside due to her being able to just fly anywhere. You've got to stop her before she gets there. Winning this battle, you've put your whole being into it. You can't let a change of scenery inhibit you!
...But it seems you still aren't quick enough. Gradually the distance between you and the exit decreases. And your fatigue increases. You never were fit enough to be able to sustain this level of quick movement for this long. Hell, you don't know anyone outside of Gensokyo who is fit enough to do this for this long

Luck happens to fall into your side. Just as the exit door slides open, you get a grasp of her leg. Ignoring the painful burns, you attempt to pull her towards you. She gives her last bit of resistance before giving up, resulting in you getting pulled outside a few feet by her. She seems to go limp with defeat, and her flames die. She turns towards you and

Darkness. Everywhere is darkness. You're aware of a dull ache in your head. Its origin is unknown. This darkness, it's quite similar to other darknesses you keep finding yourself in, other than that there isn't a floor. In fact, thinking about it, you don't have any arms or legs, or even a body to support yourself. Not even a head. It's all just a blank. There's nothing there.
But even thought you don't have a head, you still feel a dull ache in yours. It's a familliar situation, somewhat similar to the one you felt until Eirin fixed you up from shooting yourself in the head. In fact, almost identical, only in a different place.
...Does this mean you were shot in the head? It must mean you were shot in the head. There is no other explanation for it. Which means right now you must be dead. A different kind of dead from what you've experienced in the past.
...Ah. That's right. You've experienced being dead before. Counting when you killed yourself, you've felt it...

Outside of whatever state you're in, things are quite bad as well.
You can imagine the shock that Onric experienced when suddenly the brains and blood of one of her closest friends suddenly went everywhere. When his limp dead body pinned her to the ground, making her temporarily unable to move. She managed to shift herself out from under him, to do something. Anything. Help her friend, tell someone that he just got shot and that it's time to lock the place down. But she doesn't succeed in anything. As soon as she's off the ground, she explodes with a rather violent pop. She likely wouldn't have popped if it weren't for the actual force of the attack she recieved. It was enough to also break an opening into the defensive armor of Eientei's walls originally placed so that Mokou could burn the outside, the inside, or both, but still not make the place fall over. BUt it fell to a single spellcard by the person who is responsible for both your and Onric's deaths (though hers is quite temporary. She respawns too late to be of any help, however- everything already escalated too far by then.).
Immediately after breaking through Eientei's defenses, the entire army of the fairies Yumou had amassed suddenly converged on the location and took the place by force. The amount of fairies that had attacked the human village is quite small compared to this force. it seems Yumou had kept a large reserve of fairies hidden so as to not alarm anyone enough to put up adequate defenses to stop her.
After the very short siege of Eientei that resulted in Yumou gaining the medical and military advantages of the Lunarians, she proceeded to move on to conquering other parts of Eientei. The Scarlet Devil Mansion's defense had already been worn quite thin by the initial attack Yumou made on it. This time the siege was almost instant. Though vast amounts of fairies were lost in the attempt to sto Flandre's resulting rampage, she eventually fell. Even extremely powerful vampires will stop moving when you pound their flesh into mush with bullets, at least for long enought to collect the body and lock it in a very, very tight safe.
Not long after this, the whole of Gensokyo fell to Yumou's control. Her plan to- well, I might not want to spoil this. This is only a bad end, you'll get the option to continue at the end.
However, I can say this: the result wasn't a good one. Gensokyo eventually stopped being Gensokyo, merging with the human world as if it were always there. Due to this, almost all of the youkai lost their powers and abnormalities, slowly becoming more and more human until there is no youkainess left in them.
A new Gensokyo did form. By default, Gensokyo being the place that fantasies are real, it will be created the moment someone has even the slightest fantasy. But it is never the same. Now it's just a random, maddening world that doesn't make sense even when explained as magic. Truely, a great nothing in the shadow of what Gensokyo was before.

BAD END
>> No. 10802
The darkness changes. One moment, you're just a mind, a thought process hanging there formlessly in nowhere. The next, you're sitting down at a table with a now quite familliar girl.
"Hi." she says contentedly.
"You know why you're here, right? It's I won. I thoroughly won. There was no one left to stop me, and I won." She doesn't even have any of the bitterness she's shown in the past. In fact, now she seems a bit carefree.
"You should have realized that what you were doing was to my advantage all along. Even if I hadn't been there to put that bullet through your head with amazing accuracy, you likely could have gone up in flames and died just there for absolutely nothing. You should thank me for making your death not totally useless."
*buzz*
A buzzing sound comes from Yumou's direction. She seems to be ignoring it, though.
"Oh well. They want me to lecture you about what you did wrong, but there's nothing to say. I"m glad you did the things you did wrong. It means I won. And that means I'm not going to help you do them right."
*buzz*
Another buzzing sound. This time it's noticably longer.
"Well, I guess the only thing to do is have some tea until they let me go. Help yourself. It's not poisoned, since obviously poison wouldn't work on someone who's aleady dead."
*buzz"
"So let's talk. You're Kohaku's friend, ri-"
*buzz*
"-ght?" She doesn't even pause while the buzzing sound happens in the middle of her sentence.
"She's really a nice girl once you get to kn-*buzz*-ow her, Kohaku. If you weren't dead, I'd suggest trying-*buzz*-to talk to her more."
At this point, the constant buzzing noise is getting annoying. You can't help but bring it up.
"Oh, that? Someone's just trying to call me. Ignore it."
But you can't quite ignore it. After she told you to, it suddenly decided to start vibrating like the motherfucking fist of the north star, not even taking a break to cool down. Why doesn't she jus-
"Argh, I guess I have to get this." Ahh, the buzzing's gone.
"Hello?" she innocently asks the person on the other end, as if she hadn't just admitted to murdering you just to acchieve a vague goal.
"Yes." The conversation on the other end is inaudible to you.
"Say what?" Yumou's response to whatever it was that the other person said is quite overdone.
"What do you mean, 'he's not dead yet'? I shot him myself, watched him fall to the floor in a heap of useless organs."
Is she talking about you?
"The hell, then why the hell am I even here talking to him? If he hasn't even moved past thinking about what to do with that damn fairy, why am I even here?"
"...I understand. Alright, I'll tell him. But you're still an asshole!"
She flips the phone shut loudly, enough for you to find the ability of the phone to survive questionable.
"...Alright. Turns out you didn't do anything stupid yet. I didn't kill you. I don't understand it fully either. Just get the hell out of here while I'm still in a somewhat normal mood."
You find yourself in the darkness again. This time you slowly fade back to the real world. Your memories of the past few minutes disappear into nonexistance.
---
Real update coming up after I take a shower.
---
>> No. 10803
There is no choice to make. The only way to do it is like a man. If you can't handle one fairy, you can't handle an army. And if you can't handle an army, you're goddamn useless. Not to mention the blow to your pride losing to a fairy would be. Burns? Who gives a fuck about burns? You're at Eientei. Surely Eirin has some sort of cream or tonic that will make your burn go away as quick as it got there. And all it is is a minor flesh wound. You can handle this.
From the sound of it, Onric's getting closer too.
You hear her right outside your door. Now's the time to act.
Quickly, you push yourself forward through the door, ignoring its presence. It's just made of paper and twigs anyway. Nothing you can't break through.
Once you've broken through, the next step is to put out the burning fairy's fire. How? By knocking her out, of course!

...This part proves a bit difficult. While you are usually damn fast, this fairy of yours seems to be even faster. And on top of that, she's an incredibly small target. Meaning the closest you've gotten to hitting her was grazing her slightly, which resulted in more injuries to you than her from the fire. This gets to be a bit annoying. You've still got the upper hand, though, as she hasn't had the ability to attack.
Oh, fuck. She's been leading you outdoors. You'll significantly lose your advantage outside due to her being able to just fly anywhere. You've got to stop her before she gets there. Winning this battle, you've put your whole being into it. You can't let a change of scenery inhibit you!
...But it seems you still aren't quick enough. Gradually the distance between you and the exit decreases. And your fatigue increases. You never were fit enough to be able to sustain this level of quick movement for this long. Hell, you don't know anyone outside of Gensokyo who is fit enough to do this for this long

Luck happens to fall into your side. Just as the exit door slides open, you get a grasp of her leg. Ignoring the painful burns, you attempt to pull her towards you. She gives her last bit of resistance before giving up, resulting in you getting pulled outside a few feet by her. She seems to go limp with defeat, and her flames die. She turns towards you and...

"Darn. You win." She cheerily says with a smile, a hint of defeat in her tone.
"Heh." you slowly let her back down.
"Let's play again sometime!" once again, her voice is overly cheery.
You nod in response. She turns to head back to Eientei, presumably to find Mystia.

[ ] Follow her.
[ ] Find Wriggle, you've procrastinated enough.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 10804
[x] Follow her.

We shall tell Wriggle of the bees when she returns.
>> No. 10805
{X} Follow her.
>> No. 10807
[x] Find Wriggle, you've procrastinated enough.
>> No. 10808
[X] Find Wriggle, you've procrastinated enough.
>> No. 10809
File 122521343640.jpg - (55.01KB , 640x640 , wrigglepain.jpg ) [iqdb]
10809
[x] Find Wriggle, you've procrastinated enough.
>> No. 10812
[x] Find Wriggle, you've procrastinated enough.
>> No. 10818
Wait, hold on. Wriggle. That's right. The bees. You must tell her about your bees.
You temporarily feel guilty for not actually playing with Mystia, and barely playing with Onric. But that's okay. You can play with them later, and perhaps with Wriggle added. Instead of a deathmatch, it will be a team deathmatch! Awesome.
Anyway. You have no idea in which direction Wriggle went. So, the logical solution is to find someone who does. And who would know? Rabbits, of course.

It takes a bit of effort to actually catch one. They all still seem scared of you. You finally catch one, only to find that it's the same one from earlier. Lovely.

"Oh hey, do you know where Wriggle is?" Best to get to the point.
"No." She's as blunt about it as you were. She turns to return to whatever she was doing. Which you can probably safey assume was just running around.
"Wait, hold on. Can't you help me find her? Please?"
"...I'm busy." Riiight. But you don't respond with your first thoughts.
"Come on, it'll only take a couple of minutes if you fly. I'll make it up to you."
"...How?" Ooh, an idea comes to mind that will actually make you gain more than she does.
"I'll sign a contract in my own blood stating that I will never eat the brains of an Eientei rabbit."

Needless to say, she quite readily agreed. And not quite so quickly found Wriggle and brought you to her.
Turns out she made her way clear out deep into the bamboo forest. When you find her, she appears to be looking for something or someone.
"Hey, Wriggle!" You say to get her attention. She looks up.
"Oh, hi. What are you doing this far into the bamboo for?" she asks impassively.
"Looking for you, of course. I was going to tell you something back at Eientei, but when I asked where you were I was told you ran off into the forest. So I started to get worried. What would I do if my favorite bug went off and disappeared?"
"..." she stares at you for a moment. "...Right. Well, I'm alright. If what you wanted to tell me was urgent enough for you to come this deep into this thicket to find me, I guess I may as well listen."
Right. On with the story. You tell her in extreme detail the whole process of deciding, preparing, and executing the plan to use berserker bees as a weapon.
"Cool story, bro." she straight-facedly states. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to what I was doing. Unless you've got something else to say."
Do you have something else to say?

[ ] Try and find out what Wriggle's doing clear out here.
[ ] Try and convince Wriggle to provide a big part of your ultimate weapon plan: berserker packing Vespa mandarinia.
[ ] Leave.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 10819
[X] Try and find out what Wriggle's doing clear out here.
[X] Try and convince Wriggle to provide a big part of your ultimate weapon plan: berserker packing Vespa mandarinia.
>> No. 10822
[x] Try and find out what Wriggle's doing clear out here.
[x] Try and convince Wriggle to provide a big part of your ultimate weapon plan: berserker packing Vespa mandarinia.
[x] Remind her of what would happen to her, and her body, if she tried to take advantage of the berserker packing Vespa mandarinia in an effort to attack you.
>> No. 10823
[ ] Try and find out what Wriggle's doing clear out here.
[ ] Try and convince Wriggle to provide a big part of your ultimate weapon plan: berserker packing Vespa mandarinia.
>> No. 10828
[X] Try and find out what Wriggle's doing clear out here.
[X] Try and convince Wriggle to provide a big part of your ultimate weapon plan: berserker packing Vespa mandarinia.
[X] See if Eiren can tweak the berserker drugs a bit.
>> No. 10829
[x] Try and find out what Wriggle's doing clear out here.
[x] Try and convince Wriggle to provide a big part of your ultimate weapon plan: berserker packing Vespa mandarinia.
>> No. 10833
"Actually, yes. I have a question for you."
"Hmm?"
"You asked me why I was out here in the bamboo forest. Now I'm going to ask you the same question. What are you doing clear out here?"
"Nothing. I just haven't been outdoors enough lately. "
"I see."
...That can't be the true answer. She's got to be doing something else around here, or she probably wouldn't have been so quick to dismiss you. Maybe.
Oh well, you're not going to be able to dig any deeper without seeming like a prick.

You've just got one more thing to mention.
"Hey, Wriggle. Could I maybe borrow some of your wasps sometime? I have an awesom plan involving them and berserker packs. Will you help me?"
"Sure, whatever." She responds uncaringly. Not a great conversationalist today, is she? Or is she deliberately trying to make you leave her alone?

[ ] Leave. You've disturbed her enough.
[ ] Stay, try and provoke a real conversation. (Specify subject.)
[ ] Stick around, without getting in her way.
[ ] Write-in.
>> No. 10838
[x] Ask her why she's being so cold to you lately.
>> No. 10839
[X] Stick around, without getting in her way.

Tsun~
>> No. 10840
[X] Make mental note to bring your Ipod with you next time you're in your apartment.
[X]Make sure it's got "Burning down the house" on it.
>> No. 10864
[X] Stick around, without getting in her way.

Not trying to bug you here, Wriggle.
>> No. 10867
[X] Stick around, without getting in her way.
>> No. 10888
Doesn't matter, you're sticking around anyway. Of course, you're going to try not to get in her way, but since you're clear out here and otherwise have nothing to do, might as well stick with her. Hell, you could end up getting lost again heading back.
Wriggle continues what she was doing. It appears as if she's searching for something. You decide against asking her specifically what, though. That would be being a... Pest.
Horrible puns aside, the way Wriggle's been treating you has been changing back and forth lately. Sometimes she's quite irritable when you're around, other times she's just slightly annoyed. Well, she seems like the kind of person to be easily irritated anyway, at least from what you know of her.
Random thoughts come to mind. How many life-or-death situations have you been in? How many have you just barely survived? It feels like you've done two different things in some situations, surviving one and dying in the other. It's impossible to know for sure, though, as you've got no idea exactly what it was you did that could have made you die, just some sort of vague idea. You also think you remember a place full of complete darkness. Not THAT place, not where you shot yourself in the head. But very similar.
Hey, wait! That's one of those situations! It feels as if you also really did die there! It's not the feeling that you died and came back to life, but a feeling like you both died and didn't die. Like how an electron can hit two different targets at the exact same time. Quantum mechanics? You have no clue. You only have the very basic ideas behind the more advanced bits of physics within what you can claim to know. And that isn't that much.

This subject is going nowhere. And it seems like Wriggle isn't going anywhere either, at least not anywhere that will yield any different scenery or hazards from the area you're currently in. And she didn't seem like she was in the mood for a conversation. Guess it's time to think about something else.

Fire. Yes, fire. It's been too long since you've burned anything. At least, from what you can remember. You were interrupted the last time you tried to commit arson, and before that it was mostly just somewhat boring campfires. You really feel the need to light something bigger on fire.
Without even realizing it, your've reached your hand into your pocket and begun flicking your Zippo open and closed repeatedly. You used to do this habitually whenever you weren't doing anything in particular.
Yes, burning something sounds good. Something like that pile of twigs over there...

"Hey." Wriggle's voice snaps you out of that train of thought.
"Why do you keep following me?"
Fuck, are you... Bugging her?

[ ] Write-in.

---
Holy shit time to update this

You take the guitar-pick like thing and begin to air-guitar. It's just not the same.
You hear a knock at the door.
.>input
>> No. 10890
[X] "I like being around you."

It's so straight forward, she'll have to react.
>> No. 10891
[x] "I like being around you."

.>Kick the door open.
>> No. 10892
[x] "I like being around you."
>> No. 10894
Bad puns aside, you DO have a reason for following her. Not because you're bored, not because you don't know where you are.

"I like being around you." you answer quite bluntly.
"W-what!?" she stumbles on her words. Must have been quite a shock, the reply you gave. Maybe.
"You heard me. I enjoy your company." Just to hammer the point home.
"I-I-Uh..." she stumbles on her words once more as she begins to turn a bit red.
"Wriggle, I-"
You're cut off by an immense roaring sound. More specificially, thousands of buzzing sounds suddenly joining together to cause one huge sound. Of course, this startles you. The fact that it startles Wriggle too is a bit worrying, since she's supposed to have control over the bugs.
"What the hell is happening?" it appears her previous embarrassment has been replaced by urgency.
"I don't know, you're the one that's supposed to control insects!"
"Well I can't right now! What the hell is-"
Your heart jumps when you see it. A bunch of bees. Normal bees. Except they're the size of Wriggle's wasps. Oh fuck.
Thousands of bees swarm the area. You and Wriggle barely escape getting stung a likely lethal amount of times. You run off blindly into the forest, trying to escape the following bees.
It seems the bees aren't the only things affected. Flowers that should be a normal size are now huge, and seem to have turned carnivorous. Things like this you'd expect to see in the forest of magic, but not the bamboo forest. Even the bamboo stalks have grown huge.
Eventually you're trapped. In a clearing, you've got giant bees coming at you from behind, and have run straight into a hive of even bigger Vespa mandarinia. It appears they've been affected too, and they're even more aggressive than they were.
You and Wriggle don't make it. Well, that's a bit off. Wriggle survives, but is severely wounded and unable to move for a few days after the stings. If it weren't for rabbits finding her before she actually died, she would have died just as much as you did. The only reason she survived longer than you is because she's a youkai, obviously.
And the cause of all this? Your "brilliant" tactic, using a berserker pack on a hive of bees. Naturally if it's no getting directly injected into the bees, it's going to get all over them; their wings, their head, and more importantly: their pollen sacks.
It appears what happened was a few of the bees survived the fairies attacking them just barely. Enough to escape and pollenate a few more flowers before they died. These flowers recieved the effects of the berserker pack, and due to the unnatural chemical mixture in it, mutated to produce more. And the process was accelerated greatly due to the chemical its self. This led to more bees getting affected by coming into contact with the pollen from the plants, which led to the wasps getting affected when they attacked the bee colonies. And all of them grew to a massive size due to the berserker pack.
On a good note, this led to Yumou immediately halting her attempts to invade Eientei. The bamboo forests, and even the forest of magic, got to be too dangerous to bring a bunch of not-so-smart fairies through. Of course, this doesn't prevent people with actual intelligence, of course meaning the humans and Eientei's rabbit army, from getting through the forest. The halt in expansion of Yumou's forces led to them being crushed by the joint efforts of Eientei's rabbit army and a separate sect of fairies that grouped together to fight Yumou's army, led by Cirno and Daiyousei. Yumou surrendered, and like usual for Eientei, enjoyed tea with her former adversaries.
Wriggle, however, doesn't return to normal. The sudden shocks from that day left her subtly, but permanantly, changed. Your actions, and then suddenly her helplessness to save you from being attacked by insects, which are supposed to follow her orders. The combination of the feelings of helplessness and regret stay within her for the rest of her life, even if they do get mostly forgotten.

JOKE END LOL
Real update will be written now.
>> No. 10895
Bad puns aside, you DO have a reason for following her. Not because you're bored, not because you don't know where you are.

"I like being around you." you answer quite bluntly.
"W-what!?" she stumbles on her words. Must have been quite a shock, the reply you gave. Maybe.
"You heard me. I enjoy your company." Just to hammer the point home.
"I-I-Uh..." she stumbles on her words once more as she begins to turn a bit red.
"Wriggle, I-" you're suddenly interrupted by a pair of rabbits who happen to bump into you.
"Oh, it's you two! Ojou-sama told us to find you and bring you back to Eientei for a tactical briefing!" Apparantly, these two rabbits aren't afraid of you. Or maybe it's because Wriggle's with you?
"Oh, I see. Lead the way, then." Sounds important. A tactical briefing. This isn't something you'll want to miss, even if it means sacrificing personal time with Wriggle.
Wriggle follows wordlessly as the rabbits guide you back to Eientei, into the building, and into a particular room in the building. They leave to go off and you assume mess around like normal.
In the room is the rest of your group, including the two POW fairies. Heh, at least you're not torturing them or forcing them to do work for you. Also in the room are Kaguya, Eirin, Reisen, and Tewi.
You and Wriggle take the two remaining seats, which happen to be separated. Wriggle's on the side right next to Kaguya's end of the table, and you are at the end of the table opposite Kaguya. You'd expect Eirin to take this seat, but whatever.
Interestingly enough, Mokou seems to have joined you, but hasn't taken a seat.

"Okay, it's time to get on to business then now that everyone's here. I called you all here to hold a tactical meeting, as I'm sure you're aware. This is a bit of an odd set of circumstances; fairies somehow coming across outside-world weapons. Though I'm unaware of how they acquired them, I'm sure it's irrelevant for now; it's much more important to worry about stopping them from achieving whatever goal they have. It doesn't matter what that goal is at this point, they're attacking the us, the human village, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, even Reimu's shrine's been attacked. While I have no idea why no one else has mobilized an attacking army yet, it still stands that we have to do something. With Remilia's army in disarray after being half-destroyed when the mansion got attacked and Hakugyokurou not showing any intent to mobilize, we've got to take the first action. Now normally I'd just send Inaba out to do the job, but it's too dangerous. The weapons those fairies carry break spellcard rules and are quite dangerous. While I don't like the idea of losing any of our other rabits, they've all been trained and readied to fight to the death, mainly due to that bitch." Kaguya points to Mokou, who scowls.
"In any case, we've got to find a point to attack. We seem to move quicker than the fairies do, but they likely have defenses good enough to make a surprise attack ineffective. Other than the main attacking force being where it is usually at and the somewhat smaller defensive force defending their main stronghold, which appears to be in the field south of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Both groups are quite large with great defenses. Other than those, they've got miniscule scouting parties, usually the size of Coco and Penny here, keeping an eye on almost all of Gensokyo. While there's quite a bunch of said scouting parties, they would take quite too long to track down and capture or eliminate, unless we broke up our forces similarly. Now, we're left with only a few options. Try and gain allies and use them to help us attack in a larger force, or attack by ourselves immediately. It'd take a considerable amount of time to get word to and from anywhere with all these fairies flying around, and then we can't be sure that anyone would actually help. The only surefire help we have is a small group of fairies that formed together to try and stop Yumou, led by a pair of fairies I'm sure you're familliar with. Other than them, we might be able to get the Tengu and Kappa to help us, and perhaps persuade Hakugyokurou to lend a hand. The Scarlet Devil Mansion will surely help if they have enough fairies regenerated yet, but otherwise they're likely to wait until they've got enough fairies to send some off while still defending themselves. The human village is likely not to help, as they have too few forces to risk leaving their village unguarded. So, what do we do?"
Everyone takes a moment to think of what they want to do. You take a moment to decide, as well. And your decision is...

[ ] Write-in strategy

Points to consider:
Defensive/offensive strategy?
What group(s) to ask for help?
Where do you and your group of friends fall into this plan?
How are your troops spread out?
When to attack?

Or hell, you could choose to get Eirin to make some berserker packs and rush the fucking place yourself. Your decision.

---

You kick the door open. This is a bit difficult than usual since the door's an inward-swinging one. However, you put enough force into your first kick to rip the hinges out of the wooden frame by the screws. Outside the door, you find the hallway to be completely devoid of life.
.>input
>> No. 10901
[X] Suggest you and your group head to Hakugyokurou
[X] Point out that the fairies lose their weapons when popped. Those weapons should be collected or destroyed to avoid the fairies reusing them.
[X] Stay defensive for now, you might not have a big enough force to take on the fairies.

Can't think of much.
>> No. 10954
[x] Get Eirin to make a bunch of berserker packs and use your berserker army to tear your enemies apart.

.>Go down the halls, opening doors in search for the interloper.
>> No. 11059
[X] Suggest you and your group head to Hakugyokurou
[X] Point out that the fairies lose their weapons when popped. Those weapons should be collected or destroyed to avoid the fairies reusing them.
[X] Stay defensive for now, you might not have a big enough force to take on the fairies.
>> No. 11086
After, oh, seven straight minutes of pure thinking among your whole group, you finally come up with a plan.
"I think we should go get Hakugyokurou's help, and for now remain defensive. We might not have a big enough force to take on the fairies. No, not with their outside-world weapons. We should get some help first, and Hakugyokurou seems like the best place to go for it. The tengu and kappa are likely just going to guard their mountain like always, and Remilia's fairy maids likely haven't recovered yet. Hakugyokurou's the best bet."
"Hmm... You may be right. Are you willing to be the ones that would go there?" Eirin asks.
"I was going to do it even if you didn't ask me."
"Well then it's settled. It's also good that it's such an easy to change plan, so we can switch to the offensive if required. Now, since this is settled for now, I'll be taking my leave." Kaguya gracefully stands up and leaves the room through the doorway.

"Alright, now that we've decided what to do, we have to prepare. Come with me, I have some things to give you."
You follow Eirin into some sort of laboratory. Inside, she unlocks a case and removes a few things, setting them down on a table.
"Alright, the first thing I'm going to give you are these." She hands you three syringes continaining a red liquid.
"I heard about you using that superstimulant on those bees earlier and decided to synthesize something similar. I managed to make it much smaller."
Awesome, pocket-sized berserker packs. These will definitely come in ha- wait what? You did that less than an hour ago, how did she manage to make these already?
...Oh well, that doesn't matter.

"The next thing I'm going to give you is this."
She hands you a small, short cylinder made of some sort of dull blue metal.
"That's what you would call a battery, only it holds magic energy rather than electricity. I believe you are able to do basic magic control, right? Just practice with this a bit until you can use it to defend yourself with. I'll recharge it for you until you feel you've practiced enough."
Holy shit a magic battery. This is basically what powers your spellcard, right? And this is so much bigger than anything you could fit in a spellcard. Maybe it has enough energy to use for the spellcard?
But you likely wouldn't be able to do that anyway. It's best to wait until you can control it better. Right now you can only do a cheap little light trick.

"Use it as you wish, just remember to get it charged before you leave. Now, I should get back to work on what I was doing, so please leave."
That was a rather blunt dismissal. But there's nothing you can say to protest, so you just return to the hallway.

Right, the hallway. So many decisions that have had great affect on you, whether directly or indirectly, have been made after stepping into hallways. It's likely that this will be one such decision.

[ ] Just leave. Patchouli said it would take a long time of studying to master magic to a usable level.
[ ] Practice your magic. Patchouli said it would take a long time to master it, but you have a renewable source of energy now.
[ ] Head to the training area and do some training. (Specify firing range, danmaku-dodging practice, or obstacle course.)
[ ] Write-in.

---

You go down the hallway, opening the doors in attempt to find out who it was that knocked on the door. You find no people, but the house seems to be actively lived in by someone.

.>input
>> No. 11092
[X] Practice your magic. Patchouli said it would take a long time to master it, but you have a renewable source of energy now.