[Return]
Archived thread

File 12219282334.jpg - (190.92KB , 850x1133 , sample-9d059a0efd181523f3207342f8dbbe9e.jpg ) [iqdb]
8595 No. 8595
Second thread!

-----
"Hell Sign 「Wall of Perdition」!"

Your shout is accompanied by a massive orb of dark red flame the fires towards Ran. She easily sidesteps the slow bullet and begins to rush, only to be stopped as the ball erupts into a wall of flames, spreading out to the sides. The waves of fire burn away one of her sleeves and leave several burn marks along her arm.

She recovers quickly and rushes again, leaping back from each successive blast. Having learned the pattern she is no longer hit, but is still unable to advance. You continue your barrage of dark flame, barely blocking her attempts to strafe you.

Her endurance is remarkable. While breathing heavily, she is still quite capable of dodging your attacks, which you can feel coming to an end after nearly two minutes of constant firing. Suddenly, she dashes past one of the orbs, strafing behind you before you can launch another shot. SHI-

You twist, throwing your arm out behind you, and unleash a scattering burst of six orbs at once. Ran leaps back quickly as one explodes prematurely, digging her claws into the scorched wood for traction. The searing heat in your palm fades as the spell ends, and your hand drops limply to your side. Gasping for breath you look to Ran. Instead of charging you, however, she is looking to the side. Chen, standing awestruck by the tables ashes, hasn't noticed one of the wayward orbs go past her. It slows down, structure twisting inward as the explosive spark forms in it's center. Ran's eyes widen, and she flies towards it.

And you see it. An opening. Ran isn't paying attention. She's lost focus. You begin to mold the flame, a long, spreading stream of embers, twisting about your foes. With one shot, you can end the fight.

[ ] Attack
[ ] Don't attack
-----

>> No. 8597
[]Don't attack

You know Ran is just waiting for a JUST AS RANNED rite

Also no voice so it's not a cue.
>> No. 8598
[X] Don't attack

Not with Chen there. Not going to hurt kitty. Plus, she was nice and she reminded us of Orin.
>> No. 8599
>>8597
This isn't a JUST AS RANNED, she's trying to save Chen from becoming extra crispy. In other words, she's wide open.

I'm not voting though, since [x] Attack will probably win us the fight while making us look like a complete bastard, while [x] Don't attack will probably cost us the battle while making us look like a decent guy. Not sure which way I'd rather go.
>> No. 8601
[x] Don't attack, but don't disperse the flame immediately; make sure she sees you could attack them both if you had wanted.
[x] "This battle is over." Turn to Yukari, "As is our conversation, unless you have something else to add, Yukari Yakumo?"
>> No. 8602
[x] Don't attack, but don't disperse the flame immediately; make sure she sees you could attack them both if you had wanted.
[x] "This battle is over." Turn to Yukari, "As is our conversation, unless you have something else to add, Yukari Yakumo?"
>> No. 8604
Bandwagon.

[x] Don't attack, but don't disperse the flame immediately; make sure she sees you could attack them both if you had wanted.
[x] "This battle is over." Turn to Yukari, "As is our conversation, unless you have something else to add, Yukari Yakumo?"

Good Anon, you look kinda awesome.
>> No. 8606
I'll call the vote here for expediency, and that fact that I really like that write-in. Writing soon.
>> No. 8607
>>8606
>Writing soon.

Hooray!
>> No. 8615
I accidentally left off most of the update, it'll be back in a little while.
>> No. 8617
File 122194017894.png - (174.35KB , 370x600 , a560e6fb7153cfff5774a32d8bb111e3.png ) [iqdb]
8617
>Hooray!
You have no idea how encouraging this is.

-----
The orb explodes and a wall of flame streaks out, knocking Ran to the ground. Chen falls, shouting as the fire rushes by her head, but isn't hit. Face set, you walk to Ran as she stands, flame-pattern still held in you open palm. She looks at you, growling. The corners of your mouth turn up slightly.

"Ha."

You let out a short, dry laugh and snap your hand closed, dissolving the flame into a shower of sparks that come to rest harmlessly on the blackened floor.

"Our battle is over, Ran. I've won." You look back over your shoulder. "As it is with our conversation, Yukari Yakumo, unless you have something left to say."

Yukari simply stares at you impassively. The room is silent, save for the sound of Ran's labored breathing.

A sly smile creeps onto her face.

"In fact, I do have something to add."

A gap opens, and she draws forth a frill-covered parasol. A wave of realization and fear washes over you, but your legs refuse to move.

"Bounded Field "Boundary of Life and Death"!"

"Oh dear. I'll be taking over now, it seems."

Your mind goes blank. Everything seems distant, like you're watching a movie. You feel your arm rising into the air. In response, something stirs within the distant you, who now stands his ground in confidence. As the first bursts of light appear, 'you' speak.

"Bounded Field "Boundary of Life and Death"!"

Yukari's eyes go wide as brilliant surges of light shoot forth from both of you, crashing together in a dazzling wall. Ran and Chen leap out into the snowy yard as the room is reduced to splinters about you. As another barrage begins, Yukari rises into the air, with you in pursuit.

"Boundary Sign "Boundary between Form and Emptiness"!"
"Boundary Sign "Boundary between Form and Emptiness"!"

The patterns change, sending out twisting lines of silver and white. Both figures fly among the orbs, sliding through impossibly narrow spaces, unscathed amidst the flurry of shots. Again, the spells end. Yukari dissapears into a gap, and your body floats down to the earth as she re-emerges. She gingerly steps onto the ground. After breifly scanning the wreckage, she affixes you with her gaze.

"Who are you?" she asks, to which your body replies simply, "You."

The scene drops away, and the world of eyes returns. It's different this time, though. You are not falling backwards, you are moving ahead, flying freely through the empty space.

"Who do you want to see first?"

[ ] Koishi
[ ] Satori
[ ] Orin
[ ] Okuu
-----
>> No. 8621
[x] Satori
Moe factor aside, I suspect her danmaku duplication is the reason we're still in one piece.
>> No. 8623
[x] Satori
>> No. 8626
At first I thought it was just Koishi, because of the thought projection, but now it seems they're working in tandem.

[x] Satori
[x] Koishi

I think Satori is a pretty cool youkai, eh brings Yukari to a stalemate and doesn't afraid of anything.
>> No. 8627
[x] Satori

Her first. Her sister second.
>> No. 8628
[x] "You?"
>> No. 8629
{X} Satori
{X} Koishi
>> No. 8632
[X] Orin

>>"Who are you?" she asks, to which your body replies simply, "You."

Double Yukari? Played with the borders a bit too much and copied herself into us? Time Paradox?
I am confused and demand more of this CYOA.
>> No. 8633
[X] Satori
I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE
>> No. 8637
Satori wins. Writing hopefully over the weekend.
>> No. 8641
>>8632
>Double Yukari?
>Played with the borders a bit too much and copied herself into us?
>Time Paradox?
All of the above?
Satori and Koishi working together?
Koishi opening her third eye?
>> No. 8677
File 122199521997.png - (174.95KB , 1051x755 , Hooray.png ) [iqdb]
8677
>>8641

8632 here, just wanted to voice some thoughts of mine.
All of the above would be awesome though.

Also, Hooray for writing.
>> No. 8708
Retcon. Scene wasn't working out very well.
>> No. 8712
>>8708

Now that was what I call a sticky situation!
>> No. 8943
Updates?
>> No. 8944
Ummm... I'll try. I just lost a race with slowpoke, though. And Komachi, who wasn't even in the race.
>> No. 8958
>>8944

Hooray!
>> No. 9042
UPDATE.
>> No. 9072
I know you're here, Dr. Q. I saw you.
>> No. 9085
File 122247114242.jpg - (28.65KB , 320x320 , 121364340588.jpg ) [iqdb]
9085
>>9072
Yes, but I'm a lazy nigger. HAHAHAHA!



Seriously, though, I'm stumped. My ADD is acting up, classes and work converging... in short, maybe something this weekend.
>> No. 9129
>>9085
GAH

FUCK

THAT PICTURE

DR. Q, I WILL FIND YOU AND VIOLATE YOUR FAMILY.
>> No. 9230
update
>> No. 9246
Sidestory to (hopefully) clear the creative cogs.

----
Your fingers twitch nervously as you turn the small bottle over in your hands. You give it a small shake and listen to the reassuring rattle of the pills inside. Restlessly, you stand rearrange the pillows on the couch.

"You'll be gone soon, you know. Th doctor said these will get rid of you." You give the bottle another shake.

The shadow does not respond, but it no longer worries you. You let out a shuddering laugh. It is patient. Its patience is its strength. But this time, its patience will be its downfall. Struggle nervously with the bottles cap, prying it off and spilling a handfull of the contents onto the counter. A few of the small pills roll off the counter onto the floor, slipping into cracks beneath the furniture.

It'll be gone soon.

Grabbing some of the pills in your fingers, you hold them out in front of you, towards the shadow. "Once I've taken these, you won't be able to get me!"

You let out another laugh, louder and longer. You awkwardly drop the pills into the back of your throat, taking a large drink of water to wash them down. Some water runs down your chin, through your beard and onto your shirt. With a wavering hand, you lower the glass.

"See? You can't get me now!" You shout. The shadow sits impassively.

"You can't get me now! I'm safe from you!"

The shadow rises. You take a step backward.

"Yes! GO on! The doctor said these would make you go away, so leave!"

It moves toward you. Slowy, an inch at a time. The glass drops from your hand and shatters as you grip the counter. Closer. Your grip tightens, knuckles turning white. Closer.

Desperatly, you grab the bottle of pills and throw it into the darkness. Closer.

"Y-you... Why are you still here?! Why don't you leave me alone!?"

The shadow simply continues to advance. Inch by inch. Step by step.

Closer. Sweat runs down your forehead in large drops.

"WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE!? THE DOCTOR SAID THESE WOULD MAKE YOU GO AWAY! YOU'RE SUPPPOSED TO GO AWAY!"

Barely a foot away, the shadow stops, and speaks.

"Is that so~?"

You scream.

------

The next morning's paper ran a story about a man found dead in his apartment. The official police report labels it a suicide after an overdose of medicine, to which skeptics ask, 'then why can't they find his arm?'.

----
Okay, right, nothing at all to do with the main story.
>> No. 9262
>>9246
>Sidestory to (hopefully) clear the creative cogs.

Not bad, but did it work?
>> No. 9295
>>9246
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Damn.

That was good.
>> No. 9298
File 122275572983.jpg - (125.22KB , 720x900 , 1200196227494.jpg ) [iqdb]
9298
>>9246

That was awesome.
>> No. 9304
>>9262
I think so. I think I've finally figured out how to work this scene and grabbed a few more plot threads along the way, so I'll try to write something today. Not sure how long the update will be, but it will be an update.
>> No. 9305
>>9304

hooray!
>> No. 9311
I'll be posting this update in chunks, so I get it out. Not sure when the next chunk comes, but probably sometime later today.

-----
"Very well then."

You feel a sudden rush of wind and a barrage of sensations as you exit the gap, momentarily hanging mid air in the midst of the hallway. Before you are the great double doors leading into the sitting room, ajar. Within them, Satori sits on the couch across from a man, one wearing what appear to be recently clean dress clothes. You.

Something like a ripple flies out from you, drawing everything back. The room distorts, and for a moment it seems as though the world stepped backwarsd into you. You can see long, ghostly strings reaching out ahead of you, showing a thousand possiblities.

And then it is gone. The feeling of the air becomes cold, then hot. You blink and find yourself in the midst of stepping through the doorway into the sitting room. A shiver runs through you. Satori looks up from her tea.

"How was your bath?"

You try to think of a response, but your thoughts come out in a paniced jumble.

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?"

Satori is standing next to you, holding your arm to support you. She looks at you with worry. With little effort, you stand up straight.

"It was... fine. It was a nice bath."

Already the sensation is fading, like the bit of fog hanging onto the last remnants of nighttime. You turn to Satori with a reassuring smile.

"Seriously, I'm fine. I was just thinking a little too much." You look around. "Where's Koishi?"

"She wandered off a little while ago. I suspect she'll be back sometime soon." She motions back into the room. "Care to sit down for some tea?"

"Gladly."
-----
>> No. 9314
File 122279490462.png - (170.46KB , 714x1100 , ripple.png ) [iqdb]
9314
>Something like a ripple flies out from you, drawing everything back. The room distorts, and for a moment it seems as though the world stepped backwards into you.

Oh u
>> No. 9356
update
>> No. 9366
File 122289615391.jpg - (45.39KB , 500x375 , 454542471_cc5f2a728b.jpg ) [iqdb]
9366
I am waiting so...
>> No. 9367
>>9366
Holy awesome, saving that pic. Also, thanks to your valiant efforts in producing this image, I'm (hopefully) writing now.
>> No. 9368
>>9367
Interestingly, I passed that building a few days ago. It was originally DR Quirkey's Good Time Emporium. I then got onto Google image and MSpaint and made that.
>> No. 9371
File 122289857760.jpg - (61.36KB , 500x484 , 3451d3d04bf3e6777722edcf8715ef45.jpg ) [iqdb]
9371
Update. Short, but more coming later. Gotta go for now, dinner awaits.

-----
You take a seat opposite Satori as she fills a teacup and hands it to you. It's still hot, but it's just cool enough to drink.prefect.

"So," Sataori starts, taking a seat herself on the long couch, "Did you enjoy your bath?"

"Yes, it was very pleasant." You pause to take a sip of your tea. "How did you get a hotspring on the fifth and a half floor, though?"

You stop yourself before asking why they even have a fifth and a half floor, then remember a second too late that not saying something doesn't really help.

"It's the architects. One of the tasks of the doomed spirits was construction. At the time, I thought it would be better not to waste free labor, and had them build the house." She sighs and takes a sip of her own tea. "In fact, the evil spirits were quite hard workers, and got the whole thing done in only a few weeks. It seemed such a waste to have them not do anything, so I just had them keep building, and..." She gestures around her. "They weren't terribly happy, either. Most of them tried to put a little hex on a room here, or a curse here, or a portal here... after a while, all these little bits of magic started to build up, until the whole place was saturated with it. It does funny things to some of the hallways, ending up on the wrong side of the house, or up a few floors too high. As a rule, we try to stick to the lower floors. It's at least a lot harder to get lost in them."

You hear a small noise, and a skip, like you're watching a movie. It feels like everything sort of... steps backward. You blink and shake your head. Satori deosn't seem to have notied anything. Weird.
-----

Okay, no idea when next part comes. I actually have an Idea what will happen in it though, so probably sooner rather than later.
>> No. 9373
>probably sooner rather than later.

hooray!
>> No. 9428
My power's out, so I don't exactly know when I'll be able to post the next update.
>> No. 9715
UPDATE
>> No. 9734
Sorry for all the delays.

-----
You blink, then dismiss it. "You keep talking about how this used to be part of hell. How long ago would you say it seperated?"

Satori thinks for a moment. "About four..." She hesitates, glancing up as if trying to calculate something. "Yes, about four hundered

years ago. I started taking on pets after that. Okuu and Orin were the first, you know."

Your first reaction was simply to nod. Then, your brain caught up with your ears and tried to make you spit your tea, but your mouth had already gone off on its own, and you'd already swallowed your tea anyway.

"Over four hundered years? Wow. You must be pretty old, then." You say. In the instant following this you manage to suppress the insticts to run away, clap your hand across your mouth, apologize feverently, and/or collapse from anemia. Your mind, thankfully, gives up and goes blank within a few seconds. You sit there in awkward silence for several minutes, punctuated by the Satori taking the occasional sip of her tea.

One of the doors opens with a creak. Coming through it is Koishi, looking no different than the last time you saw her, though perhaps the slightest bit... tired?

"You're back." Despite the obviousness of the statement, something in her tone strikes you as odd, like there's a double meaning hidden in there somewhere, though you can't figure out why... you dismiss the thoughts quickly.

"Welcome back, Koishi." Satori speaks without turning and fills another cup. She still looks a little miffed, but her mood seems better than a moment ago.

"Koishi, why don't you get lost in here? It's pretty big, and Satori said that the hallways can do weird stuff..."

You trail off as she looks up from her tea, and you make eye contact with her for the first time. She looks... different. Definetly older, by human standards anyway, but also younger when compared to Satori. Somehow, even while smiling, she seems disconnected, like an observer.

"The halls don't do anything if you don't have a destination." Her voice sounds normal at first, but there's an almost monotone sound to it if you listen closely. You snap out of it and sink back into the armchair.

"That's... interesting" you reply, and after thinking for a moment, add, "Have you seen Orin?"

"Yes. She and Okuu left the baths a few minutes ago. I suspect they're back down in the fires now."

You nod. In the corner of your eye, you notice Satori's expression fall slightly.

[ ] Freewrite
-----
Okay, you can pull just about anything you want here. Go somewhere, find someone, talk to someone, sleep, heck, if you wanted you could try to confess to someone (though it's probably a bad idea right now.) Use it wisely.
>> No. 9737
[x]Go find Orin

She might know something about Koishi's unsettling-ness... Satori does know, but here and now is not the time.
>> No. 9739
>Okay, you can pull just about anything you want here. Go somewhere, find someone, talk to someone, sleep, heck, if you wanted you could try to confess to someone (though it's probably a bad idea right now.) Use it wisely.

So do we have memory of that fight with Yukari or not?

>You nod. In the corner of your eye, you notice Satori's expression fall slightly.

Is her fallen expression because she doesn't want us to leave? Or is it something else?

[x] "Koishi, you look exhausted. Is something the matter?"
[x] Stay until you finish your cup of tea.
[x] Koishi has an idea there. Wander the halls without a set destination; who knows what you'll find?
>> No. 9740
>>9739
>So do we have memory of that fight with Yukari or not?
Basically, yes. To him, the entire Mayohiga event took place in a literal instant. He has the memories, but he deosn't remember getting them.
>> No. 9746
>He has the memories, but he deosn't remember getting them.
I don't get it. Like, he remembers the event but can't place when it happened, like it's a distant memory?
>> No. 9748
>>9746
Something like that. It basically took place in a closed timeline (think an oxbow bend in a river). Kinda like a distant memory, I guess, yeah.
>> No. 9749
[x] "Koishi, you look exhausted. Is something the matter?"
[x] Stay until you finish your cup of tea.
[x] Koishi has an idea there. Wander the halls without a set destination; who knows what you'll find?

Okay.
>> No. 9751
[x] "Koishi, you look exhausted. Is something the matter?"
[x] Stay until you finish your cup of tea.
[x] Koishi has an idea there. Wander the halls without a set destination; who knows what you'll find?
>> No. 9757
[x] "Koishi, you look exhausted. Is something the matter?"
[x] Stay until you finish your cup of tea.
[x]Go find Orin

Multi-freewrite driftan gaems.
>> No. 9792
Okay, '[Q] "Koishi, you look exhausted. Is something the matter?"' and
'[Q] Stay until you finish your cup of tea.' Win.

Additional action (pick one):
[ ] Koishi has an idea there. Wander the halls without a set destination; who knows what you'll find?
[ ] Go find Orin
>> No. 9810
[x] Koishi has an idea there. Wander the halls without a set destination; who knows what you'll find?
[x] State your (lack of) destination before you go.

If only because, according to Koishi, we'd be more likely to find Orin if we're not actively looking for her. Also, I'm hoping Koishi will take the hint and follow us; we need to talk about what happened in private.
>> No. 9811
>>9810
>"Yes. She and Okuu left the baths a few minutes ago. I suspect they're back down in the fires now."
>I suspect they're back down in the fires now.

Just wanted to point that out so people don't complain later. Anon doesn't have any particular reason to beleive that Orin and/or Okuu would still be inside the mansion.
>> No. 9833
[x] Koishi has an idea there. Wander the halls without a set destination; who knows what you'll find?
[x] State your (lack of) destination before you go.
>> No. 9844
[x] Koishi has an idea there. Wander the halls without a set destination; who knows what you'll find?
[x] State your (lack of) destination before you go.

Koishi is almost certain to follow. Getting her to admit she's tired gives her an excuse to leave soon after you leave. Whether or not she finds you is anyone's guess.
>> No. 9871
Ok, calling the vote. Writing soon-ish.
>> No. 9872
>>9871

hooray!
>> No. 9886
File 122348817881.jpg - (95.46KB , 612x828 , 770200d3d6057523fae069f1f6702198.jpg ) [iqdb]
9886
Mini-update. If I get enough votes, I'll try to write a full one later today.

-----
"Koishi..." You catch her attention, taking on a slightly worried

tone as you continue "are you alright? You seem kind of... tired."

Koishi barely responds, but Satori now looks very concerned.

"Are you really okay?" she asks, looking Koishi over with all three of her eyes. Koishi nods, blinking slowly.

Satori settles back into her chair, still looking worried. "Maybe you should rest awhile..."

Koishi glances at her, nods, and turns to leave. You stand and finish your tea, setting the cup down carefully.

"Oh? YOu're done already?" Satori seems to have come out of some sort of trance, and is looking at you with an expression of mild surprise. You note absentmindedly that she's holding the teapot.

[ ] Stay and have some more tea.
[ ] Continue your action (wander the halls)
-----
Sorry about how short it is, but it really needs a choice here.
>> No. 9889
[x] Stay and have some more tea.
After Koishi leaves, we talk to Satori about her. Then we can roam the halls afterwards.
>> No. 9891
>"Oh? You're done already?" Satori seems to have come out of some sort of trance, and is looking at you with an expression of mild surprise. You note absentmindedly that she's holding the teapot.

[x] "Nn." Shake your head. "It's not that, but there's something worrying me here. I'll be right back, assuming I don't get lost in the halls again."
[x] Follow Koishi.
>> No. 9892
[x] "Nn." Shake your head. "It's not that, but there's something worrying me here. I'll be right back, assuming I don't get lost in the halls again."
[x] Follow Koishi.
>> No. 9893
[x] "Nn." Shake your head. "It's not that, but there's something worrying me here. I'll be right back, assuming I don't get lost in the halls again."
[x] Follow Koishi.

Be sure to return to Satori later.
>> No. 9974
[x] "Nn." Shake your head. "It's not that, but there's something worrying me here. I'll be right back, assuming I don't get lost in the halls again."
[x] Follow Koishi.
>> No. 9976
Voting called, writing later today.
>> No. 9992
>>9976

hooray!
>> No. 9999
Upon my new discovery that you can get drunk off marshmallow cream (great with ice cream!), update is delayed until tomorrow.
>> No. 10004
File 122360353717.jpg - (127.84KB , 1600x1200 , mellowcream.jpg ) [iqdb]
10004
>>9999 GET

10000 GET was deleted due to fail, this is the new get.
>> No. 10089
UPDATE
>> No. 10138
UPDATE
>> No. 10406
UPDATE
>> No. 10408
I wonder what is causing the hold-up
>> No. 10415
>>10408

Just a guess, but I'll say it's laziness.
>> No. 10439
Something like that, yes.
>> No. 10453
Have we lost both our underground LAs?
>> No. 10742
Update
>> No. 11070
UPDATE
>> No. 19625
I saw you in /youkai/. Come back to us.
>> No. 19626
Holy crap, that was fast. I started working on a short summary, to help myself, specifically, but also anyone who doesn't remember the older threads. Other than that, don't expect updates this week, as classes are currently striking with all their might. Maybe next week I can actually write again, occasionally.
>> No. 19627
>>19626
Holy shit.
>> No. 19628
File 124180988218.png - (105.45KB , 400x400 , 120795166199.png ) [iqdb]
19628
>> No. 19629
Okay, summary of everthing that happened so far:

Prologue -

At first, you were a depressed man who got off the train several stops early, confronted a pair of muggers, and was shot in the chest. You then woke up in Orin’s wheelbarrow. Orin took you up to the Palace of the Earth Spirits, where you encountered Satori. While finding your room, a vase broke without you seeing or hearing it. In your room, you went to sleep, and had a dream about Okuu.

Palace of the Earth Spirits, part 1 -

Upon awakening, you followed a suspicious-looking figure, AKA Orin, into the fires, and accidentally burned your hand. Orin took you into the center of the fires to meet Okuu in person, and afterward you learned of her doomed plans of conquering the surface, which Orin asked you to hide from Satori. You then met with Koishi, who directed you back to your room. You were awakened again later by the skylight being opened, and went down to meet with Satori. You met Koishi again and Satori formally introduced you. After having a delicious meal, you followed one of Satori’s pets, a raven (not Okuu) to the hot springs on the fifth and a half floor, where you met Orin and Okuu again.

Mayohiga -

As you were leaving, you had a small mental breakdown, got lost in the hallways, and, in response to a mysterious voice, were dropped into Yukari’s gap space. Yukari then pulled you into Mayohiga, where you momentarily forgot about everything since you got shot. You recovered somewhat, and eventually regained your memories after seeing a vision of Satori. You confronted Yukari about it at breakfast, and battled Ran. A mysterious voice showed you how to shoot hellfire danmaku from your burned hand, and you created a spellcard (hell sign [wall of perdition]). Ran got hit while trying to save Chen, and you chose to show that you could have won, but didn’t. Yukari proceeded to attack you, and the mysterious voice took control of your body and matched Yukari’s spellcards exactly. You were then returned to the Palace of the Earth Spirits, and regained normal control of your body.

Palace of the Earth Spirits, part 2 –

In the palace again, you retained all memories of the Mayohiga events, but where set back into time as if you had never left. You proceeded to make small talk with Satori.

The now: Koishi appears tired, and Orin and Okuu are back down in the fires. You have chosen to follow Koishi as she leaves the room.

Status:

Health – Unknown. Mostly healed bullet hole in abdomen, badly burned hand capable of shooting hellfire danmaku.

Inventory – white dress shirt, black suit pants, red necktie, belt, black socks, dress shoes with partially melted rubber, all equipped. You suit coat was apparently lost somewhere in the fires.

Spellcards – hell sign [Wall of Perdition]: "Large dark red orbs are launched successively at the target. When an orb nears the spot the target was when it was fired, it slows, flashes momentarily, and then explodes into a straight line of fire that extends the width of the screen at an angle perpendicular to the caster, fading after multiple volleys."
>> No. 19630
>>19629

I had forgot maybe 50% of that.

Also, Hooray!
>> No. 19638
File 124183058663.jpg - (126.29KB , 600x700 , 3b206e988dedb7576f491f3d00fcb46f.jpg ) [iqdb]
19638
Suprise update!
-----
[x] "Nn." Shake your head. "It's not that, but there's something worrying me here. I'll be right back, assuming I don't get lost in the halls again."
[x] Follow Koishi.

“No... ” You smile and give her a small shake of your head. “Something’s been bothering me, and I’d like to check it out. I’ll be back in a minute, assuming I don’t get lost.”

She frowns for a moment, then stands up and smiles. “I suppose I’ll get some biscuits while I’m waiting, then.” She carefully sets down the teapot and turns back toward what you assume is the kitchen. “Don’t take too long!” She calls back.

You walk quickly through the door Koishi used, and immediately begin to look for her. She wasn’t walking very fast, so it’s not like she could get far, could she?

-----

Th-that girl… just how far did she go? Ugh. You straighten out and shake your head. No, this isn’t the time to sit around waiting. Satori is probably back with those biscuits by now. It’s no good to keep a lady waiting, but you’ve got some questions for Koishi, plus, you’re still a bit worried. It can’t be that much farther, right...?

[ ] Press on, you must be close now!
[ ] Give up and head back, Satori is waiting
[ ] Call out for-
Wait, is that door open? Walking closer, you try to peek inside.

“Eh!?”

“Ah! Sorry!” You quickly step back from the door.

It seems this is Koishi’s room, and you’ve caught her as she was changing into her nightclothes. You hear a hurried rustling, Koishi steps into the hall. She’s dressed in a simple nightgown of a rather subdued shade of green. Her cheeks are slightly pink, and you suspect yours are the same.

“You... wanted something?” she ventures

That’s right! You wanted...

[ ] (what did you want to say?)
-----

Needed a choice here, because I completely neglected to ask why anon wanted to follow Koishi.
>> No. 19639
>>19638

[x] "Ah, I was just wondering whether you were alright or not."
>> No. 19644
[x] "Ah, I was just wondering whether you were alright or not."
>> No. 19647
[ze] "To keep l-- I was just wondering whether you were all right or not."
>> No. 19648
[x] "Ah, I was just wondering whether you were alright or not."
>> No. 19650
[x] "Ah, I was just wondering whether you were alright or not."
>> No. 19651
Are you ever going to start your Youkai Mountain/Heavens LA back up again?
>> No. 19656
>>19651
To be honest, probably not. It stopped being fun to write after a while, and I sort of wrote myself into a corner or three. If I do, it won't be at the same time as this, though. Writing two things at once is a recipe for disaster.
>> No. 19658
>>19656

Sorry about asking you to blog, but I was wondering... Are you going to make any effort to catch up on other stories? Being a writer myself, this question tends to stick to my mind.
>> No. 19665
>>19658
Could you clarify a bit what you mean by 'catch up'?

Sage for blogging/lack of updates.
>> No. 19666
>>19665

I mean, I was wondering if you were going to continue reading and voting on CYOAs, or if you were just going to write your own and not read.

Again, sorry to make you blog. I'd ask you on the IRC if you were there.
>> No. 19667
>>19666
I've definatly been reading, though not voting very often. I don't always use my trip, either.
>> No. 19727
Okay, way late, but voting called, and writing now.
>> No. 19730
>>19727

hooray!
>> No. 19738
Okay... ETA, tomorrow. Sadly, 'writing now' has changed to 'writing soon'. God, I hate it when this happens. Sage for being a lazy nigger.
>> No. 19739
>>19738

hooray!
>> No. 19760
File 124224587981.png - (481.11KB , 600x700 , 581682c5101fcc0f314bd649b1ac83f4.png ) [iqdb]
19760
Sorry about how short it is. Writing more than a few paragraphs right now is incredibly difficult.

-----

[x] "Ah, I was just wondering whether you were alright or not."

“Ah... I was wondering if you were all right... since you seemed tired, but Satori said youkai don’t need sleep...” You trail off.

Instead of being annoyed, though, she smiles. “It’s okay. I’ve just been using more power than normal these last few days. After a little rest, I should be fine.”

“Power?” You cock your head and to the side. Does she mean mind reading? If so, why doesn’t she do it like Satori, with finishing people’s sentences and such?

“It’s nothing you should worry about. I’ll be fine after some rest.” She smiles at you. “You should probably worry more about yourself.”

“But then... that dream...” she creases her brow in thought. “Have you...”she begins, and then shakes her head. “... No, it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.” She steps back into her room and shuts the door.

Well... seeing as she’s okay, it would be best to get back to Satori, wouldn’t it?
[ ] It’s bad manners to make a lady wait. Hurry, to Satori!
[ ] Take it easy. Wander a little on your way back.
[ ] Do something else (write in)

-----
>> No. 19761
Also, I was wondering: How much control would you people like? eg, how often should choices come up? I can write shorter, faster updates when you have more control, or I can try to write longer updates by just making some choices for you.
>> No. 19762
Personally, I'd like longer updates.

[x] It’s bad manners to make a lady wait. Hurry, to Satori!
>> No. 19763
[ ] It’s bad manners to make a lady wait. Hurry, to Satori!

Long updates would be awesome, as long as you don't go overboard with the lack of choices.
>> No. 19767
[x] It’s bad manners to make a lady wait. Hurry, to Satori!
>> No. 19768
[x] It’s bad manners to make a lady wait. Hurry, to Satori!
>> No. 19781
[ze] It’s bad manners to make a lady wait. Hurry, to Satori!
>> No. 19807
Calling it. "[x] It’s bad manners to make a lady wait. Hurry, to Satori!" wins.
>> No. 19842
>>19807

hooray!
>> No. 19925
Updates?
>> No. 20718
Hey, Dr. Q? Could you join the IRC channel, if only so we could talk to you and you could tell us when/if you update?

In case you don't already know, the channel is #THP on the Rizon network.
>> No. 20727
>>20718
I'll see what I can do. I've never really used IRC before.
>> No. 20728
>>20727
Oh, and on that note, I have no clue whatsoever of how to use IRC. Trying to use ChatZilla. Any help would be much appreciated.
>> No. 20742
>>20728

After installing and starting up the client, you should have a box labled "mIRC Options" pop up, if you're using mIRC.

It doesn't really matter what you put in the email or full name boxes, so anything will work there.

You'll want to put in a nick you can easily be identified by, like, say, DrQ.

After that, go to the "servers" folder in the drop down menu on the side, and find the folder named "Rizon". Open it, and click random server. Then press select and OK, and you should be able to connect.
>> No. 20748
You should use irssi, it's got the easiest user interface around, yet it's got full feature set for an irc client. As a plus, it's rock solid.
>> No. 22256
Updates?
>> No. 22257
>>22256

He asks, over four months later.

It's dead, Jim.
>> No. 22258
>>22257

Until Dr. Q directly says it's over, I still have hope.
>> No. 22491
>>22257
Nothing is dead that cannot be revived by epic-level necromancy! Except maybe RaAn.

A new thread should be up in /underground/ within a couple hours. Hopefully people are still willing to read this.
>> No. 22492
>>22491
Hooray!
>> No. 22493
>>22491

Woohoo!
>> No. 22494
New thread over at >>/underground/2418