[Return]
Archived thread

File 122144491583.jpg - (360.56KB , 800x600 , angrymiko.jpg ) [iqdb]
7858 No. 7858
A myth. Just a short while ago you can remember being a myth. Something mothers scared insolent children with, college students dared each other over, and elders convinced themselves wasn't real before turning out the lights. But this was Gensokyo, the hidden land where myths were given flesh. But you've had time to grow accustomed to hands and feet, arms and legs, and if there's any novelty left, you're too deep into one of this strange country's unique fights right now to appreciate it.

First came the shrine maiden, then the witch, then the maid, then the gardener. Even a nurse had shown up at one point. They all had the same demand: make the incident stop.

Incident?

Did they mean the strange rain in this valley you had chosen for your own? All through the day and night, masks in all shapes and sizes fluttered down through the sky, like leaves from a tree. Having days before been nothing but a story, you knew nothing but that you had settled in this little corner of the land where legends live, and some time later the rain had started. The fairies that lived here had already grown used to it, playing in the piles of balaclavas on the ground, stacking helmets into odd shapes, and a few even smart enough to don them.

Anyway, you already had the mask you were wearing. All those other humans, and now finally this other shrine maiden, might have thought there was some connection, but you couldn't imagine needing another, let alone the thousands that must be strewn about. Nevertheless, the woman in red and white could not be dissuaded.

The others you'd already repelled with "danmaku," a fantastic way of fighting, fit for the odd beings who were native here. Surely you could do it again. You and she darted through ranks of hapless fairies, a few unlucky ones being knocked over like pins by her paper amulets, or your own bullets. Every so often, a giant orb with an odd spiral-like symbol would hurl itself towards you. Every other so often, your hands clutched a pile of the countless masks, and you tossed it at her, where the pieces flew around in spiral patterns. You'd each been tagged several times by the other's fire, and you knew that by this point the next hit would determine the match.

But this time, unlike the others, it was the human who won. You finally lost track of that enormous hurtling sphere, only for it to strike you at full force in the back. Your newfound powers of flight gave out, and you fell straight down into yet another heap of masks. Fortunately, none of your newfound bones failed. But struggling to sit up, you realize--your mask had come off in the crash!

The red-white girl lands gently before you, looking impatient. But you pay no attention to her, digging through the pile, trying to find the one mask that is yours. There? No, not near the top, it'd have to be somewhere in the divot you'd made when you fell. There? Close, just need to move these out of the way. There!

With a sigh of relief, you don:

[ ] A mourning veil, ragged, damp, and carrying a small amount of grit. Where the eyes of someone wearing the veil would be, there are two streaks of blood.
[ ] A heavy, metallic mask, held on with thick leather straps. Painted on the front is a pale face with rosy cheeks, a goatee, and a thin mustache.
[ ] A simple surgical mask.
[ ] A green cloth hood, with no holes for eyes or mouth. Despite this, you can't remember having difficulty seeing.

>> No. 7861
File 122144592396.jpg - (11.59KB , 300x161 , Meta Knight.jpg ) [iqdb]
7861
[X] A circular mask in two colors - white on one side, blue on the other, divided cleanly down the middle - held on by leather straps. A pair of elongated, diamond-like tabs are on the upper portion of each side of the mask. Sight is achieved through a rectangular hole, through which no facial characteristics can be discerned - only the glow of the eyes.

And then someone removes our mask and we have their face.
>> No. 7862
File 122144624299.gif - (8.34KB , 610x260 , KaminaGlasses.gif ) [iqdb]
7862
[x] Nice glasses
>> No. 7864
I... don't know enough about Meta Knight to continue writing if Anon ends up wearing his mask.

If you really, really want to do a write-in, and you'll have to impress me to skip the pre-decided choices, pick a mask that corresponds to a myth, legend, morality play, etc. that would be easier to recognize.

For example, choosing the surgical mask would mean that Anon will be a unique ghost from Japanese mythology for the duration of the CYOA.
>> No. 7865
[X] A circular mask in two colors - white on one side, blue on the other, divided cleanly down the middle - held on by leather straps. A pair of elongated, diamond-like tabs are on the upper portion of each side of the mask. Sight is achieved through a rectangular hole, through which no facial characteristics can be discerned - only the glow of the eyes.



Then do the research on him, it isn't that hard to learn about his awesomeness.
>> No. 7866
File 122144721299.jpg - (46.60KB , 345x455 , Plague Doctor.jpg ) [iqdb]
7866
[x] A primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak.

We're going to be one scary motherfucker.
>> No. 7867
File 122144722553.jpg - (61.25KB , 474x444 , tonberry.jpg ) [iqdb]
7867
[x] A hood of brown-yellow sackcloth, long enough to shadow your visage in the lantern's light.

Doink.
>> No. 7869
>>7864

Meta Knight's a pretty cool guy. Big on honor - if his opponent doesn't have a sword, he'll offer the opponent a sword. Won't attack until the opponent is armed. Generally well intentioned, and will usually help out Kirby and friends when it counts.

On the other hand, there's that whole thing where he tried to conquer Dreamland because he was sick of the current king being an idiot, and happened to dislike the lackadaisical attitude of the citizens. He erected a giant flying warship to accomplish this, armed it to the teeth, and began a military campaign. So, well intentioned, but kind of nutty.

But that's just the gist of it, so feel free to look into it yourself.
>> No. 7870
[X] A circular mask in two colors - white on one side, blue on the other, divided cleanly down the middle - held on by leather straps. A pair of elongated, diamond-like tabs are on the upper portion of each side of the mask. Sight is achieved through a rectangular hole, through which no facial characteristics can be discerned - only the glow of the eyes.
>> No. 7872
>Then do the research on him

だるい

Now, being less of a complainer, I do like the idea of a rosepetal-huffing medieval surgeon, and while Kamina would force me to change some plans, writing him is within my ability (I'd partly crib from Anonymous Rex, because it's not like Scorn's updating or anything).
>> No. 7874
[X] A circular mask in two colors - white on one side, blue on the other, divided cleanly down the middle - held on by leather straps. A pair of elongated, diamond-like tabs are on the upper portion of each side of the mask. Sight is achieved through a rectangular hole, through which no facial characteristics can be discerned - only the glow of the eyes.

You know you want to do this. It can only end in awesome.
>> No. 7875
>だるい

Can you repeat that for those of us who can't read moon runes?

>I do like the idea of a rosepetal-huffing medieval surgeon

Me too.

[x] A primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak.
>> No. 7876
>だるい

I'm a lazy. I don't want to do anything but write and go to work (more about that later, when you're addicted). If it's someone/something I already know about, fine, but if I have to look up fucking Kirby on Wikipedia, no way.
>> No. 7879
[X] A circular mask in two colors - white on one side, blue on the other, divided cleanly down the middle - held on by leather straps. A pair of elongated, diamond-like tabs are on the upper portion of each side of the mask. Sight is achieved through a rectangular hole, through which no facial characteristics can be discerned - only the glow of the eyes.
>> No. 7882
Meta Knight is vetoed. Pick anything else, even if it's another write-in.
>> No. 7883
[X] A circular mask in two colors - white on one side, blue on the other, divided cleanly down the middle - held on by leather straps. A pair of elongated, diamond-like tabs are on the upper portion of each side of the mask. Sight is achieved through a rectangular hole, through which no facial characteristics can be discerned - only the glow of the eyes.

Doooo eeeeet
>> No. 7885
>>7878

If the MetaKnight thing doesn't fly, I'll take
[x]A large triangular helmet.
>> No. 7886
[x] A primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak.

Just spoil the non-write in options. I want to know if they're more awesome than being able to say "THE DOCTOR IS IN!"
>> No. 7888
>Just spoil the non-write in options.

Oh, what the hell.

>[ ] A mourning veil...

La Llorona, the woman from Latin American myth who drowned her kids to spite her man, then was wracked with grief when she realized what she'd done.

>[ ] A heavy metallic mask...

V, the anarchist who hates Parliament.

>[ ] A simple surgical mask...

Kuchisake-Onna. She asks people she meets if she looks beautiful, and if they say yes, she takes off the mask to show that her cheeks have been slashed open.

>[ ] A green cloth hood...

Anonymous, feared and respected final boss of the internets.
>> No. 7889
[x] A primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak.
>> No. 7890
>Something mothers scared insolent children with, college students dared each other over, and elders convinced themselves wasn't real before turning out the lights.

Although the doctor's mask is sexy, I think this fits better as a barely-formed monster, apparently one with OCD and low personal reactivity.

[x] A hood of brown-yellow sackcloth, long enough to shadow your visage in the lantern's light.

Besides, between Yamame and Medicine the plague portfolio is kind of crowded.
>> No. 7897
I'm kinda torn. I want to make at least one update before I sleep, but the leading choice (chirurgeon) only has three votes.
>> No. 7900
>chirurgeon

That's the plague doctor option, right? I see four votes.

[x] A primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak.

Now it's five, choo-choo!
>> No. 7901
>La Llorona
gay
>V
double-gay
>Kuchisake-Onna
meh
>Anonymous
awesome.jpg

[x] A half-red, half-white mask with twisted eyes and a wide, menacing smile

RETURN THE KEY
>> No. 7905
File 122145598463.jpg - (39.58KB , 612x566 , mask.jpg ) [iqdb]
7905
[+] A mask made of ash wood, with few features save for the holes cut for the eyes and mouth, and the bronze nose-piece running from the forehead downwards and riveted to the wood in four places.
>> No. 7906
File 122145598827.gif - (8.05KB , 150x168 , kuchisake.gif ) [iqdb]
7906
>>Kuchisake-Onna
>meh

Am I the only one that thought that being a youkai that has a classic slasher smile and chases her prey at a speed that can close a distance of 100 meters in three seconds while carrying a pair of bloody shears would've been fucking awesome?

The doctor's mask is too sexy to pass up, but if there's another chance to vote for a new "face" I know what I'm going for.
>> No. 7907
File 122145602719.jpg - (20.03KB , 319x400 , Lego Phanto.jpg ) [iqdb]
7907
[x] A half-red, half-white mask with twisted eyes and a wide, menacing smile

Oh god, nostalgia bomb. Don't tell me I have to explain this one, Max.
>> No. 7908
>>7905
Oh fuck this would be awesome.

[x] A mask made of ash wood, with few features save for the holes cut for the eyes and mouth, and the bronze nose-piece running from the forehead downwards and riveted to the wood in four places.
>> No. 7911
[x] A mask made of ash wood, with few features save for the holes cut for the eyes and mouth, and the bronze nose-piece running from the forehead downwards and riveted to the wood in four places.
>> No. 7912
[x] A primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak.

Updates?
>> No. 7915
[ze] A mask made of ash wood, with few features save for the holes cut for the eyes and mouth, and the bronze nose-piece running from the forehead downwards and riveted to the wood in four places.
>> No. 7916
{X} A primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak.

cool mask bro
>> No. 7918
File 12214572823.jpg - (102.90KB , 436x526 , Doktorschnabel_430px.jpg ) [iqdb]
7918
Calling Doctor Beak.

I'm going to go ahead and sleep before continuing though.

brb 7 hours.
>> No. 7919
>>7918
Aww. I wanted to see what this choice brought on sooner.
Oh well. I'll be reading when you write, Max.
>> No. 7920
File 122145804583.jpg - (98.99KB , 1100x750 , 1540d7b3b4bb825dd116bd8b8107da90.jpg ) [iqdb]
7920
>>7901>>7902>>7907
Dammit, I wanted to chase Nitori around forever.
>> No. 7921
File 122145830399.jpg - (151.17KB , 568x806 , Jjba-sj.jpg ) [iqdb]
7921
[x] A stone mask of Aztec design, with eye-holes and a noticeable embellishment of fangs.

Sakuya~

Daddy's home.
>> No. 7922
Fucking Doctor Beak.
>> No. 8046
File 122154626247.jpg - (266.65KB , 638x1020 , kieththompsonluvundead.jpg ) [iqdb]
8046
Sorry, I was taking it too easy. Back now. Also, by total freak coincidence, I can use the write-in without having to retcon that line in the first paragraph. Thanks Keith Thompson!

---------

With a sigh of relief, you don a primitive gas mask in the shape of a bird's beak. You indulge yourself with a deep breath of the incense stored in the beak.

"How much time do I have left?"

You jerk and turn around to face the girl, the only one to defeat you so far. "What?"

"I said, you're wasting my time. I beat you, and you seem to know the Spell Card Rules, so you know what that means, right? End the incident so I can go home already."

Again, this talk about the incident. Does she mean the huge numbers of masks here? Why does everyone seem to think you're connected to them? You ask her.

"Come on. You're the only youkai here, you're wearing one of these weird masks, and you used the rest in your danmaku. And besides, every youkai is up to no good the first time I meet them."

Honestly, you try to explain to her, you have no idea what's been going on. All you really know is that you're

A doctor is meant to heal but you struggle just to ease their pain why can't you stop this spend more time with the dead than the dying carrying corpses there has to be a way did you think you were immune

A sharp pain brings you back to paradise. The shrine maiden's just smacked you with her gohei.

"That you're what? Not the mastermind?"

Her eyes narrow to slits, and she stares at you, hard. It almost feels like her gaze is boring through your mask, your oilskin coat, your wide-brimmed hat. This actually manages to unnerve you more than any of her weapons during your aerial combat. Finally, that face transforms to mere disappointment.

"Well, I guess you're not controlling the weird rain. Whatever. How many more youkai do I have to beat up..."

She seems to be talking more to herself than you now. She lazily drifts back up into the air, and flies... you're not sure where. Her path would take her out of the valley quickly, but isn't she investigating?

[ ] Follow her. Ask her what she already knows about the rain of masks.
[ ] Follow her. Ask her what she intends to do next.
[ ] Follow her. Ask if the masks are really that great a problem.
[ ] Don't follow her. Just go back to relaxing in the valley like you were doing before.
>> No. 8047
[x] Follow her. Ask her what she already knows about the rain of masks.

Loving the mask motif, by the way.
>> No. 8062
[x] Follow her. Ask her what she already knows about the rain of masks.
>> No. 8090
File 122156915150.png - (23.42KB , 383x303 , MetaNoKirra.png ) [iqdb]
8090
Is a Meta Knight youkai not to be? Curses, but I held out hope to the bitter end.

But despair not, for there will be another day for this fight!

Never give up, never surrender!
>> No. 8100
[x] Follow her. Ask her what she already knows about the rain of masks.

I love these monologues. We're going to be the most GRIMNDARK youkai to ever grace Gensokyo.
>> No. 8105
>>8100

Well, I was planning on mindfuck at some point. If I can get Anon to brickshit at least once in this story I'll consider my efforts to have paid off.
>> No. 8123
File 122160060272.jpg - (152.62KB , 600x747 , doctor_beak.jpg ) [iqdb]
8123
{X} Follow her. Ask her what she already knows about the rain of masks.
>> No. 8164
>>8123

Awesome.
>> No. 8167
File 122161288025.jpg - (99.57KB , 500x600 , femaleyoukikourin.jpg ) [iqdb]
8167
>>8123

I didn't think I'd earned that yet. Also, Doctor Beak is a girl because EVERYONE IS GAY FEMALE IN GENSOKYO.

Updating now ("Ask about the rain"). Please hold.
>> No. 8175
File 122161405543.jpg - (96.40KB , 675x679 , spengbab.jpg ) [iqdb]
8175
>>8167
>> No. 8218
>>8172
>That doesn't even make sense. They didn't allow women to be doctors back then.

I don't think we are a real plague doctor, just a personification of the concept. And in Gensokyo, personifications are female and wear silly hats.
>> No. 8219
File 122162167612.jpg - (79.04KB , 600x800 , The_Good_Doctor_by_DiTrani.jpg ) [iqdb]
8219
>That doesn't even make sense.

I'll make it make sense! I believe in you who believes in writefags, row row etc.

---------

You decide you should follow her, even if it means leaving the valley. It's only been your home for a few days, so it doesn't hurt at all to leave. Flight already comes naturally to you, and you reach a point just beside and behind her. She glances back at you at one point, maybe to be sure you don't already want a rematch, but otherwise ignore her.

Why is she, why is everyone, so concerned about all these masks? They must know more than you do, so you ask her to tell you about them.

"What? You really don't know anything?"

Really. Just like you'd told her before.

"Well, these masks are all over Gensokyo now. It's bothering the farmers, and fairies are using them in their pranks now. Even some of the youkai are starting to complain, because they live out in the open. And I even have to work harder to keep the shrine clean. It's worst in that valley you were in, which is why I went there. And I beat you up because I thought you were the mastermind with, you know, that silly beaked mask."

You yourself spent your last few evenings under an enormous tree, its branches sagging under the weight of the strange rain. Even if it was worst in your valley, you don't remember minding. It was... what? Comforting?

You then ask, since fighting you obviously didn't help, what does she plan on doing next?

"I've only had to deal with one group of troublemakers who had the gall to cause an incident twice. Maybe they still haven't learned their lesson. So I'm going to Youkai Mountain."

So your flight takes you up vertical miles, past mountain streams and waterfalls. You can see on your way that the shrine maiden was telling the truth about the rain; its detritus is strewn all along your path, although not in thick piles the way it was in your "home." Your flight's repeatedly interrupted, mostly by fairies, but a girl wielding an assortment of power tools, and another one with a buckler and greatsword, also confront the two of you. You yourself hang back, already having been in a half-dozen fights, while the shrine maiden dispatches both of them in the same lackadaisical way she did you.

Finally, you reach a small shrine, the path leading to it marked with giant pillars driven into the ground. Flying away from it, coming to meet you, is--the first shrine maiden you encountered? Yes, the blue-white one, still with a scrape across one cheek, although she's apparently replaced the torn clothes.

You slow down again, recognizing what's about to happen. The two shrine maidens greet one another, exchanging an almost friendly banter, until finally one of them starts shooting forth those paper amulets. Then their fight is in full swing, orbs and pentagrams orbiting the battle, amulets flying in every direction, and the occasional ring of danmaku or row of lasers hurtling free.

You yourself have experienced the difference in their strength, and sure enough, the blue-white plummets to the ground just like you did earlier. However, something breaks her fall at the last second, changing it to a snail's pace before she hits the paving stones. Good. Despite your naivety, you instinctively know how much more fragile a human is than a youkai.

So so frail you cursed it at first a blessing by the end had to stop it at the source

You shake your head to clear your thoughts. The other girl is sitting up now, inspecting another torn sleeve. She seems not to have noticed the cut just above her forehead.

[ ] Ask her if she's behind the masks
[ ] Offer to help take care of that cut
[ ] Let the red-white interrogate the blue-white.
>> No. 8221
File 122162216987.jpg - (47.67KB , 330x233 , promotionsdoom.jpg ) [iqdb]
8221
>>8219
Also, promotions!
>> No. 8222
>>8218

Thank you. That exactly and more.
>> No. 8223
Oh yeah, write-ins are totally fine now, because I personally feel like I'm limiting you too much right at this point.
>> No. 8226
[x] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.
>> No. 8227
[x] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation
>> No. 8228
[x] Let the red-white interrogate the blue-white.

Pretty slick so far. The way you handle dialog is cool, for lack of a better term.
>> No. 8232
[x] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.
>> No. 8236
[x] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.

Eh, screw the potential consequences. Changing vote, because this write-in is so creepy and youkai-like.
>> No. 8237
[z] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.

Amputation preventin gaems.
>> No. 8239
[x] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.

Holy shit, we're a creepy bitch.
>> No. 8250
{X} Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.
>> No. 8297
[Q] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.

This is awesome.
>> No. 8305
[x] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.

Woah. That ought to give them pause.
>> No. 8318
Updates?
>> No. 8324
As someone who's just starting reading this, I must say the bird beak mask is ugly and gay.
>> No. 8330
File 12216974752.jpg - (53.98KB , 800x600 , 1216426021228.jpg ) [iqdb]
8330
[Q] Offer to help take care of that cut before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation.
>> No. 8335
>>8326

No, you don't. I just don't like the mask, that's all.
>> No. 8337
As a reader, I feel compelled to say that your writing can improve greatly if you give the protagonis a voice and actually write what he's speaking.
>> No. 8338
>>8337
I sort of disagree with you here.
The dialogue as it stands serves to distance the reader from events. Now normally this WOULD be a bad thing, but I think it works well here given the personality of the narrator and her unique disconnection from the world around her. Furthermore, it gives events a sort of surreal, dreamlike quality that seems to be in keeping with the general theme. It does seem sort of odd, but keep in mind that convention isn't necessarily always the best choice, especially when trying to convey something unconventional(in this case, how a physical embodiment of a concept would see the world).


I'm personally willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for now.
>> No. 8363
>>8362

My work week is three twelve-hour shifts. Guess I should have mentioned that, huh?

Preventative medicine after sunrise.
>> No. 8422
>>8363

What's your timezone by the way? It's a good bit to know, and whatnot.
>> No. 8492
TO THE TOP WITH YE.
>> No. 8546
File 122187221166.jpg - (25.34KB , 570x136 , Wherearetheupdates.jpg ) [iqdb]
8546
>> No. 8668
Updates?
>> No. 8697
More, damn you.
>> No. 8727
File 122206091510.png - (70.75KB , 741x592 , godhand_mof.png ) [iqdb]
8727
>>8422

There are four timezones in the US. You need only know I'm in one of them.

Additionally, updates were delayed because after posting the Viraemia and Naked Plague Doctor♀, I discovered I had run low on awesome images to attach to posts, and needed time to stock up. We now return you to your regularly scheduled CREEPAN GAEMS.

---------

You approach the girl, who's still fussing over her clothes. That gash, would she like you to take care of it for her?

"Huh, what gash?" She starts fumbling around herself with her hands, finally hissing in pain when they reach her scalp. "Ow ow, Reimu, you're too rough."

"Ms. Repeat Offender thinks I'm too rough? Maybe I could put her in jail like they do in the outside world."

"I was trying to help this time! You can even ask the youkai with the raincoat who's with you, I thought she was behind it."

You have to interrupt here. That cut, it may not seem like much now, but cuts to the face and scalp can easily start to bleed heavily. You suggest to her that she let you clean and bandage it before--

"Before gangrene sets in and the entire skull requires amputation."

The first shrine maiden, the one in blue and white, stands up quickly, and you can tell she'll start backing away from you before she actually does it. You're too busy wondering why you blurted that out to notice her panicking, but another gohei-swat from the second shrine maiden rescues you from introspection again.

"You're a new youkai, right? I should tell you the role of the maiden of the Hakurei Shrine is stop youkai from attacking humans. So don't make me exterminate you, okay? It was a pain to fight you the first time."

But a half-dozen humans attacked you just today. You have to ask her if that's really fair.

"That's different, it's not like humans are a real threat to youkai."

Watching this girl--her name was Reimu, right?--fight the other shrine maiden, you felt some piece of knowledge arise in your mind, despite knowing no one had ever stated it you, that humans were weaker than youkai. However, you can't think of anything that would make her statement make sense. Several of those other humans actually managed to injure you, although the wounds, and even the holes in your clothes, healed rapidly. Maybe you should ask about that later.

But the strange rain is still falling, and everyone seems to be blaming you.

[ ] Ask Reimu what she'll do next, since the blue-white is claiming innocence.
[ ] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[ ] Offer a suggestion about what to do next (write-in).
>> No. 8732
[ ] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[ ] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine.
>> No. 8738
{X} Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
{X} Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine.

Yay~
>> No. 8739
[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of soon. If not by me then by some other medical person. It's dangerous to leave things like these up to chance."

C'mon blue-white, clean yourself up before we have to cut your head open.
>> No. 8742
My body is wracked in convulsions from laughter.

[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Maybe you could go door-to-door in the village for information?
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
>> No. 8745
>[] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine.

But what course of action are you suggesting here?

[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Since the masks are falling from the sky, why not fly upwards into the sky and see if the source is there?


This is so simple I can't wait to see how Reimu retorts.
>> No. 8748
>>8727
>There are four timezones in the US. You need only know I'm in one of them.
Aside from the fact that there are more than four, that's a pretty fucking arrogant thing to say. We aren't going to track you down and molest your chihuahua or anything, man. We just want to know when to start checking back so we can catch updates when they're fresh.

tl;dr, calm down and step away from the high horse.
>> No. 8753
[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Since the masks are falling from the sky, why not fly upwards into the sky and see if the source is there?
>> No. 8758
File 122207172015.jpg - (76.09KB , 953x419 , 1214501637529.jpg ) [iqdb]
8758
>>8748
wat
>> No. 8759
[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Since the masks are falling from the sky, why not fly upwards into the sky and see if the source is there?
>> No. 8808
>>8748

HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT MY DOG?!
>> No. 8815
>>8808

>Anonymous

'Nuff said.
Not to mention we also know YAF VOTE-PAD his threads.
>> No. 8817
File 122213404081.gif - (288.12KB , 300x304 , e58da90a4b2026ecd140c5a5c2a504f2.gif ) [iqdb]
8817
>>8815

Excuuuuuse me, if I were voting in my own threads, I wouldn't have to wait several fucking hours to write another update, fuck you very much.
>> No. 8819
File 122213424352.jpg - (55.21KB , 550x420 , 1222027714054.jpg ) [iqdb]
8819
>>8817

The wait is just to make sure no one is the wiser.
>> No. 8820
[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Since the masks are falling from the sky, why not fly upwards into the sky and see if the source is there?

This thread is being clogged with faggotry. The clog must be removed with updates.
>> No. 8822
File 122213529982.gif - (12.25KB , 300x300 , ohhey.gif ) [iqdb]
8822
>>8817
>> No. 8823
>>8819

I'm afraid I do not comprehend the true meaning of your message.

>>8822
>ohhey.gif

OH NO YOU DIDN'T
>> No. 8825
File 122213776924.png - (9.76KB , 201x238 , confusedmiddleagedman.png ) [iqdb]
8825
>>8823

1) VOTE PAD.
2) ???
3) Update 7 hours later.
>> No. 8844
>confusedmiddleagedman.png

(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
>> No. 8858
File 122216846794.jpg - (40.44KB , 526x672 , konatasfathereatingapples.jpg ) [iqdb]
8858
>>8825
>confusedmiddleagedman.png
>> No. 8905
[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Since the masks are falling from the sky, why not fly upwards into the sky and see if the source is there?

Now UPDATE
>> No. 8918
[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Since the masks are falling from the sky, why not fly upwards into the sky and see if the source is there?
>> No. 9007
Test: can I post from my cell phone?
>> No. 9008
[x] Go ahead and ask Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat.
[x] Say to the blue-white: "You really should get that wound taken care of, if not by me then by some other medical professional." Grasp her head to examine the wound more closely. "Needless sanguination imbalances the humors and leaves the body open to affliction." Release her. "Quickly now; you are already paling."
[x] Offer a suggestion about investigating that rain. The sooner you stop being blamed for it, the sooner you can get back to the wonderful world of medicine. Since the masks are falling from the sky, why not fly upwards into the sky and see if the source is there?
>> No. 9015
>>9007 B^U

---------

Above. The rain may have been greatest near your valley, but it's coming from above every part of the land. Even here, by the peak of this mountain, the masks come from above. So the source must be somewhere in the heavens. You can't resist the urge to announce this reasoning to Reimu.

She smiles when you're done. It seem a totally innocent smile, of relief or contentment, but you recognize it from when she confronted you earlier today.

"Good. It's getting late anyway, the one responsible should be ready to show up by now."

And she took off straight up into the air. It didn't have the natural of any of the other times someone was flying today; she might as well have been riding an elevator to the clouds. The other miko seems surprised by the method of takeoff as well, too much to realize she's been left alone with you.

You're on her in a flash, a gentle. But firm hold on her head so you can inspect that head wound without her fidgeting. Blood loss can be dangerous, upsetting the balance of the humours, and allowing infection. In severe cases, emetics, diuretics, and other agents may need to be used. This and more you explain in soothing tones, but the girl's nervousness only peaks. in her panic she gives you a shove, and before you can clean or dress her injury, she's ascending after Reimu.

[BRB, peeing]
>> No. 9017
You realize, she must be ready to follow the other shrine maiden to help prove her own innocence, like you are. Quickly, you too ascend. The girl in blue and white seems to squeamish from your explanation earlier, so you decide to provide a distraction by askin Reimu what she meant about humans not being a threat to youkai.

"I mean we're mortal and you're not. When youkai die they reincarnate a while later. How depends on the youkai, whether they burst forth from a sparrow's egg or climb out of a deep shadow, or ooze out of the cracks in your bath tiles."

She shuddered then. "Goddamnit Yukari."

"So even when I exterminate youkai, they're back in just a few days. Fairies are even worse. Watch."

There are, in fact, clouds of fairies up here among the actual clouds. They're already descending to meet your group (or maybe you're ascending to meet them) and dense whitish danmaku are already starting to appear. Both the shrine maidens look like they're ready to answer in kind.

Choice 1:
[ ] Help Reimu
[ ] Don't

Choice 2
[ ] Let the other one fight.
[ ] Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9019
[x] Help Reimu
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.

Doctor's orders. Sanae's our first patient, and it's going to be bad if she suffers from an unfortunate falling accident related to Danmaku while bearing that stylish head wound.
>> No. 9020
[x] Don't
[x] Let the other one fight.
>> No. 9022
>or ooze out of the cracks in your bath tiles."
>She shuddered then. "Goddamnit Yukari."

hahahaha

[x] Help Reimu.
[x] Let the other one fight.

The more quickly this is resolved, the more quickly we can tend to that wound.
>> No. 9035
[x] Help Reimu
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9036
[x] Help Reimu
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9040
[x] Help Reimu
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9054
>>9024
Hippocrates representin'.

[x] Don't.
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.

Harm is harm, whether it's gone in a few days or not.
>> No. 9056
{X} Don't
{X} Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9123
[x] Don't
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9124
>We're a doctor.

No, we're not. We've been over this.

We are, on the other hand, a youkai personification of one that scares the shit out of people. And if
>Thanks Keith Thompson!
is to be taken with a grain of salt, then for all we know, Doctor Beak may even be following some twisted form of the Hippocratic Oath that supports the use of violence. Also, pacifism is lame, especially in a world that encourages at least one form of fighting(Danmaku, which we've participated in a few games of already, by the way, and are participating in right now)

[x] Help Reimu
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.

Don't be a square.
>> No. 9125
[x] Help Reimu
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9127
{X} Don't
{X} Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9128
[x] Help Reimu
[x] Ask her to stay out of it.
>> No. 9212
UPDATES
WHERE
>> No. 9228
>>9212

Cockblock ninjas!
>> No. 9264
>>9228

Mang, what kind of response is that?
>> No. 9294
>>9264
A weird one.
>> No. 9383
UPDATESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>> No. 9426
Looks like "help Reimu" won by a narrow margin. Sorry about the wait, I was too busy doing lines of coke watching all of Macross Frontier. Loli widows are love.

---------

Reimu's already accelerating towards the fairies, that familiar orb materializing and matching her pace. The other shrine maiden seems eager to help, but you have to warn her about her injury. Fighting could exacerbate it. The girl still seems intimidated by you, to the point you fear she may disregard your advice again, but then...

"You, you're not like the kappa and tengu that come to the shrine. Um, you're just weird. Sorry. I mean," and she grabs your hand, yanks it up, "You don't even look human."

And it's true. While her skin is a uniform pink, yours is splashed with every color that a bruise comes in. Your nails are also unlike hers, long and yellowing, with the cuticles eroding backwards to the knuckles.

(Still writing, brb)
>> No. 9438
>(Still writing, brb)

Then simply do NOT post with an incomplete update. We can wait for the full thing.
>> No. 9904
UPDATE YOU "STILL WRITING" JACKASS
>> No. 9967
Those 7 minutes felt more like 7 days.
>> No. 9970
We are clearly getting a full novel at this rate.
>> No. 10557
Goddammit, Max, write more.
>> No. 10619
File 122464067123.png - (379.52KB , 400x1000 , 1219438076810.png ) [iqdb]
10619
you had better get back to your updatan gaems. this was one looked very very interesting and it'd be a shame to let it go to waste!

(pic not related)