[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122112586736.jpg - (159.04KB , 800x1100 , Reisen DOS.jpg ) [iqdb]
7585 No. 7585
Feeling your heart rate suddenly spike, along with a fresh surge of adrenaline, you stare at the four fiercer monsters in horror for a mere second or two before spinning on one foot and making a mad sprint for the alleyway. Only the fear of being unarmed kept you from dropping your weapon for despite having back-ups in your satchel you really, really didn't want to be rooting around in it while the monsters caught up with you. Scrambling onto the pilings of root you had clambered over earlier you manage to pull yourself up just as one clawed hand takes a swipe and slashes a good chunk from the side of the root you had just been in front of. In retaliation you turn and jab downwards with your fork, spearing the thing in one shoulder and although it shows no outward signs of pain, when you twist the fork in the wound it jerks backwards. You're glad to see that the hole left by your attack has left a gaping hole in it and left an arm hanging on by only a few blobby ropes of black mass. Given how it was limp at the monsters side, you guess that you had damaged it enough to render it unusable. Not that it was all that helpful to you, given there were still seven working arms between the group of adversaries - way more than you had.

As the other three drew close you glanced up and licked your dry lips, ducking down you took a step back and counted down in your head. When you hit zero, just as the monsters swung their long arms up and over the root to strike your legs, you took a step forward and pushed off - hard. The monsters weren't fast enough to react as you sailed over their heads, their claws slicing through where you had just been. Landing was tough as you mistimed it slightly and fell into a rolling tumble you really wish you hadn't needed to do. Your own weapon smacks you on the head as you do this, leaving a bright red mark on one side of your forehead which you knew would become a nasty bruise later.

Assuming there was a later for you.

Puling yourself to your feet you swing out at the one armed opponent, who unlike the others wasn't extracting it's claws from wood right now. You clip it across the chest, scoring a line there as if you'd just run your finger through a wet lump of clay - it didn't seem deep enough to wound the thing, but neither did it close up. You back away from it as the thing approaches and raises it's remaining arm to smite you... then suddenly hop up and grab ahold of the metal run of an extending fire escape ladder from the apartment building next to you. Your weight causes the thing, rusty and overgrown as it was, to pull free and slide down just in time for the enemies hang to catch in it's rungs as it attacks. Needless to say you don't waste the opportunity, sidestepping out from behind the ladder you drive the tines of your fork into the thing's 'head', turn, and with as much strength as you can muster you brace the handle of the fork on your shoulder and try to throw the entire thing over it.

You're not strong enough to do that to the entire monster but with a wet tearing sound the eyeball rips free, swings through the air with the head of your fork, and smashes into the ground like a bug under a flyswatter. Disgusting. Behind you the body jerks a few times, then collapses into a pool of muck.

Looking up you note that the other three monsters have hung back slightly, one of them waving it's arms in a most peculiar fashio- your eyes widen as something inside you tells you to move and move NOW. Diving to one side you feel a wave of heat as a ball of flame simply appears where your chest had been moments ago - tongues of fire reaching out and clipping your trouser legs, causing them to ignite. You frantically pat the fire out, cursing at the pain it caused when you realize the other two monsters have closed the gap.

And then one's head practically explodes as the two get close enough to spear you on their claws. Immediately the other monster retreats to where the third is, and you see you savior over the dissolving mass of the now dead second monster. The purple haired girl stands over you, a large wrench held in both hands, panting with the same mix of fear and exertion you felt yourself.

“Hi.” She says, and flashes you a quick grin.

Only two monsters left - and they both seemed to be waving their arms around now.

[ ] Rush them
[ ] Pull back
[ ] Run like hell

[ ] Write in

>> No. 7589
[X] Set Tactic: Knock down.
[X] "Here's our chance for an All-Out Attack!"
>> No. 7593
>Only two monsters left - and they both seemed to be waving their arms around now.

[x] Evade their attacks while pressing forward.
>> No. 7594
[x] Evade their attacks while pressing forward.

Get rid of them. You've got help now.
>> No. 7595
[x] Skill: "Die-For-Me"
>> No. 7596
[x] Evade their attacks while pressing forward.
>> No. 7597
[x] Burn your dread.
[x] Mabufu
>> No. 7599
>>7597

"It seems ice is ineffective..."
>> No. 7620
[x] Evade their attacks while pressing forward.
[x] Set Tactic: Knock down.
[x] "Here's our chance for an All-Out Attack!" (Yes)
[x] "Let me at 'em!"
>> No. 7621
>>7599
[x] Action Point
[x] Burn your dread
[x] Morning Star
>> No. 7623
File 12211731718.jpg - (185.57KB , 850x637 , Misc161.jpg ) [iqdb]
7623
[P] Evade their attacks while pressing forward.
[P] Set Tactic: Knock down.
[P] "Here's our chance for an All-Out Attack!"
[P] "Let me at 'em!"

Don't forget to shout "one more" each time we knock someone down.
>> No. 7625
File 122117500230.jpg - (69.93KB , 541x734 , Reisen-TP2.jpg ) [iqdb]
7625
Pulling yourself to your feet, you untangle yourself from the straps of your satchel and let it fall to the ground. “Lets rush them!” You hiss to the girl, “but first - Move!”

The girl doesn't even question you, leaping to one side as another flash of flame appears where she had been. You're pretty damn sure that the black monsters are causing them, but how you have no clue - what you do know is that they won't be able to make any more if they've been smashed to a pulp. “Go!” you yell, breaking into a run as more flame explodes behind you, “Take the right one!”

You need not have asked as the girl is running only a few steps behind you off to one side, her wrench held up in a baseball bat style grip. She nods once, then veers off towards the rightmost monster - which even now is re-starting the arm motions it apparently needs to summon fire. The left monster, seemingly a tiny fraction smarter, moves forward to engage you with it's claws instead. Growling you lower the points of your fork, like a lance, and simply speed up - figuring that your best chance would be to hit it full force before it had a chance to mount a counter-attack. Hell, in all honesty this would probably be your only tactic for a long time until you discovered some better way to fight these things without getting sliced to ribbons by their claws or burned to a crisp in their fire.

And hit it you do - the shock of the impact all but wrenching the arm you braced your fork with out of it's socket. On the other hand it also makes the creature fold double around the head of your weapon and practically lifts it off the floor. The thing claws at you despite this, clipping one arm and the side of your abdomen with it's wild swings. Grimacing at the pain you twist the fork, the chest of the monster swirling around like dough in a mixer - if it wasn't for the pounding of blood and red haze in your vision, your probably would have stopped to throw up in disgust. The monster claws a few more times and you curse, letting go of the fork and falling back - stooping down you grab a rock off the ground and - as the thing tries to pull the fork out of itself - you smash the rock into it's eyeball. Almost instantly it liquefies like the others and, after retrieving your weapon, you turn to see how the purple-haired girl is doing.

Evidently she had an easier time, though you note a few singes from a fireball that got too close. At her feet is the now familiar pool of black goo that is also spattered across herself and her weapon. You wince, realizing that your probably look just as bad, and then you laugh.

“Eh?” The girl turns to you, “What's so funny?”

“N... nothing,” you get out between chuckles, “I'm just... just thinking how bad I must look covered in this crap - kinda stupid huh?” The girl smirks, then giggles slightly and nods in agreement. “So,” you ask...

[ ] “Who are you?”
[ ] “What the hell is going on?”
[ ] “Where on earth are we?”
[ ] “What were those freaks?”

No write-ins accepted for this vote. Picking more than one won't be accepted either this time.
>> No. 7626
[ ] “Where on earth are we?”

doko deshita ka?
>> No. 7629
[x] “What the hell is going on?”
>> No. 7630
>Picking more than one won't be accepted either this time.

God damn it.

[x] “What the hell is going on?”

Metagame knowledge makes the first one obvious and this one might also explain the other two, if vaguely.
>> No. 7631
>>7630
>Metagame knowledge makes the first one obvious

To an extent yes, you do know who she is - but not who she is in this particular setting. So it's not a choice that i'd con you with.

I'll promise now - every choice will give some benifit to you. I'll not screw you out with any choice (though i'll admit you guys might not know what the benifit you received is at the time...)
>> No. 7632
[x] “What the hell is going on?”
>> No. 7633
[ ] “Who are you?”
>> No. 7634
[x] “What the hell is going on?”

Most important question.
>> No. 7636
[x] “What the hell is going on?”
>> No. 7638
Huh, got here a bit late. I suggest for next time, we throw the cooking pan tomahawk-style being/during charging in. There's a chance for a critical hit (and if the monsters try blasting flame at it, all that it would mean is that there is suddenly a red-hot piece of metal still going towards them) and even if it just distracts them for a second, it's still worth it espically if you charge it.

Besides, between the garden fork and the knife, the cooking pan probably wouldn't see alot of action otherwise.
>> No. 7639
>>7638
Maybe the blasts of fire are concussive enough to blast it back at us?

Then WE'LL have hot metal flying at us.

And that's terrible.
>> No. 7640
>>7639

Perhaps. But, even if the fire blasts could throw things around like that, it still has a narrow profile when thrown like that, the extra forward momentum to overcome, and an odd flattened bowl-like shape that would make the chances of it coming back at you even more unlikely.

Actually, it would be more of a concern if a monster can bat it back at you, but that may be iffy as well.
>> No. 7648
>>7631
I'd just prefer you spelled "benefit" right.
>> No. 7651
>>7625

>her wrench held up in a baseball bat style grip.

I'd go 'brokeback gensokyo' with Reisen. Sure.

[X] “What the hell is going on?”
>> No. 7652
>>7638>>7639>>7640
Were you idiots even paying attention? They aren't shooting fire blasts, they're generating fire directly at the target point.
>> No. 7654
I'll go with

[]"What the hell is going on?"

Will answer the most I think.
>> No. 7656
>>7652

It's still revalent if they either try to intercept the pan mid-flight (unlikely), or you throw the pan while at the same time moving backwards (MUCH more likely).
>> No. 7658
>>7652
Agi can still work that way.
>> No. 7671
“... What the hell is going on?” you finish, waving your arm out to indicate the surrounding area. “Trees and plants where I expect to see city, freaks like that roaming around... You're the first person I've seen since I woke up - tell me you have some idea whats going on... please?” There's no disguising the slight note of panic that creeps into your voice at the end, as your previous adrenaline rush wears off and you actually realize how close to being killed you just got. Wincing lightly at your wounds, which don't seem too serious but do hurt quite a bit, you shuffle over to where you dropped your satchel and quickly retrieve your first aid kit.

“I'm sorry,” the girl replies as she follows and peers over your shoulder into your bag of stuff. “Wow,” she mutters, “You're way more prepared than I am for this... maybe I should be asking you what's going on instead.”

“You... you don't know?” you whisper as you fish around for some adhesive bandage strips to use, “Well, shit.”

“Oh! I don't know everything,” the girl states, looking a little embarrassed, “But I have figured a few things out since I... well, since I ended up here. But most of it is just guesswork though.”

“That's better than nothing,” you grumble, pulling your jacket off and tugging your shirt up to get at your wound. “You... mind giving me a hand with this? And tell me what you've worked out?” The girl blinks, then gasps at your wound and nods quickly. For a few moments the two of your are silent aside from your hiss of pain as the band-aid goes on - not the perfect solution, but the wound wasn't enough to require proper bandaging, nor were you all too sure you had the time to do that anyway, so this was for the best.

“All better?” she asks, and you nod as you lower your shirt and go to put your jacket back on. “I don't know how much you know, but I can tell you that whatever this is, it happened really suddenly at seven this morning.” She pauses then cocks her head to one side, “Oh, I'm Inaba Reisen by the way, I guess you can just call me Reisen if you want.”

“Takeba Yukari,” you reply in way of introduction, “How can you be so sure it happened at seven?”

She frowns slightly, “I don't know how many you've seen, but every clock and watch - digital or not, electrical or not - have all stopped at seven. If they've had an alarm then, they've been going off almost non-stop so I know they can't have spontaneously broken down or anything. Also... uhm...” She blushes slightly, “I was sort of... relieving myself at the time. I do some pre-school club activities, so I was using one of the school bathrooms - I went in and everything was normal but when I came out it was all like this.”

You blink, “You didn't notice anything?” you ask, “Anything at all?”

The girl, Reisen, shakes her head. “Nothing. I didn't see anything weird until I left the, ah, stall... and I didn't hear or smell anything either. Which is weird, since you would have thought I should have been able to smell all the flowers the moment they showed up - right? Not the moment I first realized they were there.” She shrugs, “I headed down to the janitors office to get a weapon... then ran into those things. Five on one? I wasn't going to even try those odds, so I ran like hell until I ended up here.” There was a pause, then she blushed slightly. “Thanks for saving me by the way, I really don't know what it would have... done.... if...” Reisen trails off, her eyes widening and her face paling as she sees something behind you. “... RUN!” she yells, as she turns on her foot. You risk a glance back, gulp and manage to go from sitting to running in possibly the shortest time you ever think you could manage.

For behind you was a new monstrosity, this one a good three times larger than the others - covered in clawed arms and featuring three bloodshot eyes mounted in the middle of it's oversize torso. Above them a large mouth, filled with pointed teeth, let out alternate wails and slobbering sounds as it started to gain on the both of you.


[ ] Run past the lamp-post/tree
[ ] Run to the alley
[ ] Run into a building

[ ] Something Else
>> No. 7672
Also, as another side note before i get complaints - some choices will pervade down a line of action some way.

the [X] Find a populated place (police station, etc) choice from earlier is still technically active and will continue when you're able to do so. So, if a choice seems cut-off, it may just be that it will resume a little later is all.
>> No. 7673
{X} Run into a building

eek
>> No. 7675
[x] Run in the opposite direction as fast as you goddamn can.

We can save the witty P3 references for later. For now, we need to GTFO.
>> No. 7679
Hmmmm... I'm leaning towards

[x] Run into a building

at the moment. If it's fast enough, it might be able to catch us if we're on open ground. I'm hoping that in a building, it would be forced to either crash into the doorframes or duck lower, slowing it down. Also, we can hide and maybe ambush it as needed. There's the problem that maybe there would be alot of debris if it's sufficently strong enough, but that could work against it as well.
>> No. 7681
[x] Run into a building

FUCKING BEARS
>> No. 7683
[x] Run into a building.

We need to find some cover fast.
>> No. 7699
[x] Run into a building

Run and meet the shadow from before!
>> No. 7707
[x] Run inside a building.

I don't want to voluntarily go splat on a wall, thank you.
>> No. 7720
“Head for cover!” you yell, realizing that Reisen is running in blind panic. “Turn left! Into the building!” The girl responds quickly, veering left and joining you in a mad dash towards one of the few open doors you had spotted. You, by the simple fact of travelling in a more direct path, make it there moments before her and spin around behind the door - the moment Reisen passes through you slam it shut and look around frantically for something to blockade it with. There's a shuddering crash as the... thing... outside throws itself against the building. Immediately you forget about blocking the door and, after a quick scan of the lobby, grab Reisen by the hand and half-drag her up a nearby staircase that leads to a balcony over-looking the lobby. Thinking hard you remember this place as being a hotel, but you don't recall ever having any need to go inside it before... still, even if you didn't need to run you were fairly confidant that the monster outside couldn't get in. Sure it may have been large but... you didn't think it could break down the walls of this place so easily.

A second and a third crash serve to illustrate your point as, apart from some plaster flaking down from the ceiling, and a couple of flowers shaking like mad, you don't see that there has been any real effect on the building from the monster's attacks. Behind you, as a fourth crash rocks the building, you hear a soft whimpering sound. Turning in surprise you see Reisen sitting on the floor, her knees pulled up against her chest with her arms wrapped around them. “Are... you alright?” you ask, squatting down to get a better look at her face even as the building shakes again.

“We're going to die, aren't we?” The girl mumbles, then sniffs, and buries her head against her knees. She looks somewhat pathetic like that but, well, it's not like you can't see where she's coming from - the monster outside was far too big for you to fight and even if you did somehow defeat it or escape... what then? Wander around until you both died from starvation? From eating something poisonous trying to stave off starvation? From being killed as you slept if any more of the little monsters showed up?

“No.” You say, “We're not.” You don't know where the confidence in your voice comes from, but you know that if you admitted out loud that there was no hope then... “I'm not going to die, and I'm not going to let you die either!” flashing a grin at Reisen, you drop your satchel in front of her. “There's a bento in there, eat something - I'm going to see if I can think of what we can do next.”

The next several minutes are quiet except for the sound of Reisen eating and the rhythmic crashing of the monster outside throwing itself against the building's outer wall. As you look around your heart becomes heavier and heavier - you had hoped to find a back way out but, if there was one, masses of vegetation blocked all access to it. You tried to hack your way through with your knife but were soon forced to give up thanks to the sheer density of the foliage - not to mention the number of times you scratched yourself on thorns, even with your gloves to protect you. You could probably force your way through if you tried... but you wouldn't be getting through unscathed.

Well... in the end it came down to only a few choices.

[ ] Fight the monster
[ ] Try and force through the vegetation
[ ] Climb higher up the building
[ ] Sneak out a side window and hope the monster doesn't see you.
[ ] Wait it out - perhaps it will lose interest
>> No. 7721
[x] Climb higher up the building

Roof access to the fire escapes.
>> No. 7722
[x] Climb higher up the building

FUCKING BEARS.

Maybe this is where we get our persona, in a climactic rooftop battle.
>> No. 7723
We just... waited for several minutes either eating/doing nothing?

I would've gone to the highest floor, grabbing a cart and the heaviest thing I could find, and then try to shove it out onto the thing's head when it slams into the wall again. If it notices you, push it out anyway and it would probably go back to what it was doing before, if not, then great! You may also leave it deliberately unbalanced so that one of the slams will eventually jar it loose so it could fall, at which point both of you have also found a side-window which you could escape while the monster is hopefully in pain and distracted.

I'd like a few other people to comment on this (this seems more like something out of a Home Alone movie), but I'd go with this for now.
>> No. 7724
>>7723

Also, I've decided to call this plan "Mr. Newton is Your Friend"
>> No. 7725
>>7723
No, you spent it looking for a way out and waiting for Reisen to calm down and, y'know, not be a wreck while you had some safety (given the monster couldn't get in)
>> No. 7727
[x] Climb higher up the building

Plan "Mr. Newton is Your Friend" is not bad too, but is it acceptable? If it is, I'd like to vote for that instead.
>> No. 7729
>>7727
>Plan "Mr. Newton is Your Friend" is not bad too, but is it acceptable?

I didn't say you couldn't write in, so yeah. Obviously though if other events happen on the way up it may be delayed or anulled.
>> No. 7730
Well, to be honest it requires the monster to behave like a static variable while you pull it off. (Although given that it spent the last several minutes ramming into a building, this isn't an entirely unfounded assumption.) And even then, there's still aim and timing to consider.

But to me, it's awesome. Even better if it DOESN'T kill the thing off - just wounds it badly, makes it REALLY pissed off and actually start climbing towards you... and then you can be all OH SHIT, climb towards the roof and have a climatic showdown up there, leaving both a possible weakpoint later to exploit when you presumably get your Persona things.

Wish I knew a bit more about the Persona series.
>> No. 7734
[x] Fight it. No other way you're going to burn your dread.

derp
>> No. 7735
[X] Climb higher up the building.

Maybe it'll be like that night at the dorm in Persona 3. The monster climbs its way onto the roof, disarms Reisen, and just as it's about to strike at us...

"Per... so... na..."
>> No. 7738
[x] Climb higher up the building

wonder what we're going to use to summon our persona
>> No. 7742
[ ] Climb higher up the building
>> No. 7777
“You feeling better?” You ask Reisen as you pass her by to peer out of one of the upper windows which let you see the monster. Given that she's stopped crying you're guessing she probably is.

“Y... yeah. Thank you,” she mumbles, picking up her wrench and standing up again, leaving the finished bento on the floor. “I'm sorry... I just... It just started to get to me is all... and, um, thank you for the food. I haven't eaten since I ended up here.” There's another crash and Reisen winces, “That thing is... kind of dumb... isn't it?” You nod in agreement and she laughs lightly, “I guess it doesn't seem so scary now I know it's so stupid.”

“Stupid or not,” you reply, “If that thing actually catches us, we're in trouble.” Looking out of the window you frown and wave Reisen over. “It's too large to get in, but too small to knock the place over... but that's not what i'm worried about, look over there.” You point and Reisen gasps, from out of a number of other buildings you can see a small army of fuzzies emerging - each of them transforming as they get close to the big monster. Curiously you note that each color fuzzy turns into the same type of body part - yellow ones become eyeballs and red ones humanoid mouths. You catch a green one turning into a fanged mouth - like the one the large monster possesses, and a purple one that transforms into a large compound eye. What kind of monster the fuzzy becomes, you note, doesn't seem to hold to any particular pattern. Most become the clawed 'soldier' types, while others the smaller 'scout' forms. You even note a few that look like some kind of deformed dog and a couple that look like...

“Get down!” you yell, as a black blur swoops down and smashes through the window into the lobby. Still holding your knife from your attempts to cut through vegetation, you swing your arm up and manage to slice a gash into the side of the thing as it passes overhead - where it promptly loses it's balance and crashes to the ground. It looks like some kind of cross between a bird and an insect - a wide bulbous head with a single mouth atop a birdlike body with segmented insect-limbs and two pairs of fly-like wings. Well. One pair now, your first strike seemed to have been lucky enough to slice the other pair clean off as it passed by. Standing up you approach the thing only for it to let out a piercing wail - like the red fuzzy from earlier - before Reisen simply caves it's head in with her wrench.

“Upstairs!” You tell her, pointing to a nearby staircase, “maybe we can find a fire escape - or at least some place to hunker down until these things give up on us.” She nods and the two of you head over there, after first picking up your satchel and fork of course.

The climb is quick, but made a little tricky by the monster crashing into the building - forcing the both of you to fall to all fours or grab hold of the handrail to avoid losing your balance and falling down. On the next floor up Reisen is the first to spot the fire escape - but holds you back before you open the door.

“They know we're here!” She hisses, “And some of them can fly!” Waving you back she crouches down and presses her ear against the door. “... Just as I thought.” she whispers, “There's two... no, maybe three of them just outside - and I don't think they'll be so easy to beat if they have all that space to move around in either.”

'Well then,” you mutter, “There goes that plan... agh... give me a moment to think of something!”


[ ] Write in with a plan of action.
>> No. 7784
[x] "We'll just have to fight them on our own terms then, then."
[x] Open the door carefully and wait aside for them to come in, weapon readied.
>> No. 7785
[x] "We'll just have to fight them on our own terms then, then."
[x] Open the door carefully and wait aside for them to come in, weapon readied.

Go for Player Advantage!
>> No. 7790
[x] "We'll just have to fight them on our own terms then, then."
[x] Open the door carefully and wait aside for them to come in, weapon readied.

Lesee... I'm hoping we're in a somewhat narrow corridor, and we're armed with a wide-headed pole weapon, although a bit short. Depending on how it's laid out, I'll also put down :

[x] Have Reisen watch your back, or have Reisen bash away at any that get past your tines.
>> No. 7802
[x] "We'll just have to fight them on our own terms then, then."
[x] Open the door carefully and wait aside for them to come in, weapon readied.

Eh, I don't really see a better option than fighting a pitched battle here and hope there won't be reinforcements coming this way.
>> No. 7830
“Let them in!” You say at last, which causes Reisen to give you a rather incredulous look. “I mean it! Out there they can fly around and attack us at will - in here they're trapped inside our range and we can take them out much easier.” You grin and evil little grin, “So what if these monsters are strong? They're stupid - as long as we can outsmart them they have no hope of getting us, right?” Reisen blinks, then returns your grin with a feral one of her own before shuffling around to be behind where the door will open as you set yourself with your fork ready to spear the first thing through it.

And indeed you do - as the moment Reisen pulls the door open one of the bird monsters practically impales itself on your weapon without you having to do a thing. There's a squeal as it pulls away, a chunk of it's goopy flesh simply ripping off as it does so. You're about to mentally gloat when it suddenly turns in mid-air to face you and it's legs start waving madly - moments later you're screaming in pain as electricity courses through your body and drops you to your knees. Reisen yells something, you're not sure what, but you hear the sudden slamming of a door followed by the thump of wrench meeting flesh.

The next thing you know is the feeling of being dragged someplace by a pair of hands under your arms. Given the way your entire body is banging about you guess that it's up a flight of stairs. “Ugh...” you moan, only to stop and be gently dropped onto the floor.

“Yu-Yukari? You're awake!” Reisen's face fills your vision for a moment before pulling away. “That's great! I was worried you.... that... you might not....”

“I'm fine,” you groan, “mostly.” Sitting up you look around, you're on a stairwell and, unless your guess was wrong, the two of you were probably on the top floor now. “What happened?” you ask, shaking your head to clear it.

“You got hit by lightning!” the purple-haired girl declares, “Those bird things could make lightning!” You wince, how stupid of you for not thinking that those freakish things couldn't pull something like that. If fire was possible than you should have realized that other monsters might have had similar abilities of some kind - evidently lightning was one of them. “I managed to take out one of the ones we let in... and I tricked the other into getting trapped in one of the rooms nearby. But...” She grimaces, “Things... got worse.”

“Worse?” you mumble, pulling yourself to your feet only to stumble to one side. Reisen gives a squeal of surprise and grabs you quickly before you end up falling down the stairs. “How worse is worse?”

“... Very.” she replies, “The ground monsters? They found a way in. I pushed a laundry cart down to block one of the staircases but... I don't think that's going to keep them for long.”

You swear, several times, causing Reisen to blush red.

“I'm sorry.” you say at last, “This... is all my fault.” The other girl looks at you in shock for a moment, then smiles sadly and shakes her head.

“No,” she whispers, “It's not. I think this kind of thing would have happened sooner or later... if I was still in the tree when one of those large monsters came along? Or any of the flying ones? No, I don't think I would have survived then anyway.” She glances out a nearby window and shrugs. “But you know, i've been thinking. I'm not scared at all anymore... maybe because of you, or maybe it's because i'm too scared to be scared.”

“You want to fight.” You whisper, staring at her in surprise.

“Yes, I want to fight. Even if it's impossible I... I don't want to give up!” She looks back at you and you can see the tears in her eyes. “I... have a sister.” She whispers, “a young one that I look after... if there's even the slightest chance that we can survive this, I want to take it. I... I don't want to abandon her.”

You nod, you didn't feel like dying without a fight either.

“Lets go,” You say, and grin at her, “And kick their asses!”

“Yes!”


[ ] Fight the flying troops above
[ ] Fight through the ground troops below
[ ] Bust out onto the fire escape.
[ ] Write in
>> No. 7833
[x] Bust out onto the fire escape.
>> No. 7836
[ x ] Fight the flying troops above

Gotta keep the elevated ground position here.
>> No. 7838
[ x ] Fight the flying troops above
>> No. 7839
[ x ] Fight the flying troops above
>> No. 7840
{X} Fight the flying troops above
>> No. 7934
[x] Fight the flying troops above

Cue the Orpheus-awakening scene.
>> No. 7964
Since it's closer, and also because Reisen had apparently blocked the main route down, the two of you make a bee-line for the little staircase that leads up onto the roof. Up there would be little cover and not much room to move, there would also be no-where to run to except possibly back into the building. Unfortunately, if what Reisen had said about the monsters getting inside, that probably wasn't going to be much of an option either.

In the end, then, it came down to one thing. Either you would win and live, or you would most likely die.

High on the adrenaline that was no beginning to make its way through your system, you all but kicked the roof door open - every eye one the rooftop turning towards the noise. Seconds later two of those eyes were shut forever as you and Reisen darted out and smashed the two nearest opponents to goo before they could react in any meaningful way. A slight twinge in the back of your mind made you leap to one side as a tower of wind sliced past, ripping a gouge in the floor as it went. Spinning to face where it came from you hurled your fork, catching the only monster in that direction in the chest and causing it to recoil. It was only a brief respite but it was still long enough to you to clear the distance, pull out your knife, and all but saw it's head off with the serrated side of your backup weapon. Another inhuman screech behind you indicates that Reisen too has finished off another opponent, it's somewhat easier than you thought given that most of the enemies seemed to be clustered ... to... one... side...

“Shit!” You curse, “It's a trap! They're smarter than we thought!” Almost the moment you realize this there's a roar and a mass of black goo - eyeballs and mouths dotted at random over it's mass - bursts upwards before splashing down in a disgusting dollop. Specifically it splashed down opposite the mass of other monsters, leaving you and Reisen stuck between them and it - a perfect pincer maneuver that you hadn't seen coming. “Back downstairs!” You yell, gesturing with your newly retrieved fork. Reisen turns to run but as you watch a thick arm of black swings down, smashing into her side with such force that she is hurled above the heads of the smaller monsters and, to you horror, off the side of the roof itself.

“R-REISEN!” You race towards her, weaving around enemies, vaulting them if you couldn't - several of them scored hits on you from claw, fire, wind, lightning and even shards of ice that flew from nowhere but you simply didn't stop. In the air, several feet from the rooftop, Reisen slowly spun and, as she turned to face you, all you could see was the look of terror on her face.

Then you too were flying, backwards, away from the roof edge - Reisen simply dropping out of sight as a massive hand simply backhanded you towards the center of the rooftop. Picking yourself up you stared at the new monster - a giant arm topped with a clawed hand, easily ten, maybe fifteen feet tall in total. On three of it's finger was a ring, one a giant eyeball that glared at you, another a screaming mouth, the third a masked face that seemed to be mocking your loss.

“You...” You stammer, your shock evident in your voice, “You BASTARD!”

The face-ring made a laughing motion, echoed by the hideous cackle that the mouth-ring let loose at the same time. It drew back and then slammed itself down on you, as if it were merely swat-



Silence. Only a thousand tiny points of light lit this warm, comforting darkness that you found yourself in.

“Do you... Desire power?” A voice asks, a female voice, one unfamiliar to you. “If so... what would you do with it?”


[ ] What would you do? (Write In)



Start playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgahtxcDte
when you get to the end of this - it's just the right feeling to it.
>> No. 7965
"The URL contained a malformed video ID."
>> No. 7966
Ass. Dropped an o off the end by accident.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgahtxcDteo
there you go.
>> No. 7968
[x] "I'd win."

Living with determination.
>> No. 7975
[ ] save everyone.

shirou.jpg
>> No. 7980
[x] "I...have to save Reisen. I have to destroy these...whatever they are. I have to find out where the hell I am."
>> No. 7982
[x] "I...i I don't understand."
[x] "If you were here this entire time, why didn't you help us sooner?"
[x] "If only I had a little... I could've... She wouldn't have... She would still be..."
[x] "REEIIISSEEEENNNN!!!!!!!"
>> No. 7984
[ ] "I would protect those who could not protect themselves."
>> No. 7986
[x] to live on and protect those who I am going to form social links with
>> No. 7991
[ ] "If only I could... I... I would protect those who could not protect themselves!"
[x] "REEIIISSEEEENNNN!!!!!!!"
>> No. 7993
[x] "I will burn my dread."
>> No. 7994
>>7991

Not a bad combo of the other write-ins. Loss, leading to the budding of a hero, with just a touch of yuri to boot.
>> No. 7996
[x] "I would fill their dark souls with LIIIIIIIIIGHT!"
>> No. 8000
[ ] "If only I could... I... I would protect those who could not protect themselves!"
[x] "REEIIISSEEEENNNN!!!!!!!"
>> No. 8001
[x] "If only I could... I... I would protect those who could not protect themselves!"
[x] "REEIIISSEEEENNNN!!!!!!!"

"WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAH!!!!"
>> No. 8003
[x] "If only I could... I... I would protect those who could not protect themselves!"
[x] "REEIIISSEEEENNNN!!!!!!!"
>> No. 8004
[ ] "If only I could... I... I would protect those who could not protect themselves!"
[x] "REEIIISSEEEENNNN!!!!!!!"

FILL THEIR SOULS WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
>> No. 8011
File 122152738418.jpg - (21.85KB , 320x293 , dwd.jpg ) [iqdb]
8011
[x] (Let's) get dangerous
>> No. 8013
>>8011

Better option in comparison to YAF-bait and Shōnen crap.

[x] (Let's) get dangerous
>> No. 8014
So what you're saying is... given the chance to do anything with your power...

You would NOT do Reisen?
>> No. 8018
File 122153039657.png - (367.26KB , 627x885 , 1215202585881.png ) [iqdb]
8018
>>8014

Bitch in one hand, weapon in the other.
Savin' the day!
>> No. 8032
[x] "Saving the day, of course!" you grin "With a bitch in one hand and a weapon in the other"
>> No. 8041
>“Do you... Desire power?” A voice asks, a female voice, one unfamiliar to you. “If so... what would you do with it?”

[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."

it's been our motif so far
>> No. 8057
>>8041
Ooh. I like that.
[+] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[+] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8059
[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."

Fuck, I love this.
>> No. 8060
>>8057
You and I both, Plusfag.

We think alike.
>> No. 8064
>>8041>>8057>>8059
but she's not a bunny in this, is she?
>> No. 8066
>>8064

No, but her last name is Inaba.
>> No. 8078
So speculation:

Since we're only Yukari Takeba nominally, I'll assume our arcanum might be other than the VI. Lovers. If we're taking this 'gardening' thing seriously, III. The Empress would be the first to look at.
>> No. 8081
>>8078

Anyone have that set of Touhou high arcana designs?
>> No. 8085
File 122156316036.jpg - (832.84KB , 900x955 , c6712c730b3151791748f3c7afce4f01.jpg ) [iqdb]
8085
>>8081
>> No. 8086
>>8085
Derp, deleted my post. I somehow failed to see the word "Touhou" completely.
>> No. 8092
>>8041

Hmmm.... a bit late, and I still kinda prefer the tone of the current popular one.

However, it makes for a excellent taunt when we go back to 'normal' space.

"This is my garden: I'll tear you weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8093
File 122157450878.jpg - (276.71KB , 500x707 , 1202933296703.jpg ) [iqdb]
8093
>>8085
Different set.
>> No. 8099
[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."

This. This. A thousand times this.
>> No. 8103
[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8109
[x] "If only I could... I... I would protect those who could not protect themselves!"
[x] "REEIIISSEEEENNNN!!!!!!!"

Looks like it won... but dammit,

[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."

Is just too awesome *not* to make use of as well.
Gonna give it, ah, an hour (eating and all that) then i'll call it proper. (it's 7 to 6 right now)
>> No. 8110
>>8109

I'm >>7991, and while I really really like my initial choice, I'll change my vote to this because it edges out my own in awesome.


>[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
>[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8111
Deleted my vote

[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8112
[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."

This intones much more grace than the other vote and is not nearly as corny.
>> No. 8113
[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."

This Garden, I'll be taking it.
>> No. 8114
[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8115
[Q] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[Q] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8124
[X] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[X] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8125
[x] "Apart from saving Miss Cottontail?"
[x] "Reclamation. This is my garden: I'll tear these weeds out by the roots."
>> No. 8129
File 122160573113.jpg - (125.98KB , 533x746 , Wriggle-persona.jpg ) [iqdb]
8129
For several moments you stare at your feet before, slowly, a crazed grin spreads across your face. “Aside from saving miss cottontail?” You whisper, a distinctly insane note creeping into your voice. “I desire reclamation!”

“Oh?” The voice asks, a curious lilt to it, “And why would that be?”

“This...” You begin, a burning fire boiling in your chest, “This is my garden!” You declare, snapping your head up and glaring at the darkness around you. “With power I'd tear all the weeds out by their roots!”

“Wonderful!” The voice cries, delight evident in it's voice, then calms down again. “I do so hope you hold up to your claim! There have been many who have had a desire for power that have been less than honest with themselves and paid the price for their dishonesty. For you see, it is impossible to lie to yourself - and yet so many try and fail... It won't happen with you, I'm sure... it would be such a loss if it did...”

The voice fades out, and the light around you starts to return.

“Oh...” it whispers, “And there's one thing you got wrong...”

You feel a burning pain in your skull as the world around you starts to move again, the giant monster hand mere feet away from you.

“This garden... it isn't yours...”

You scream.

“It's ours.”



-ting a fly under it's palm when, suddenly, the center of the hand was pierced through by a torrent of force - as if the hand had just slammed down on a giant upright nail rather than a person. Black goo, flung into the air from the impact, showered down on you where you stood in the center of the brand new gaping hole in the center of the hand. Above you, floating and transparent, is a young green haired girl in puff-pants, white blouse and black and red cape. She seems normal... at first glance - but a further look would reveal the two antennae on her brow, the feral look to her features and, of course, her glowing rear.

You look up at her, your eyes wide in awe. “Per...” you begin, your voice barely a whisper as the things name somehow comes to mind, “So...” It leaps, spinning into the air before suddenly jetting down in a diagonal kick that simply rips through the now-recovering hand as if it were a bullet through butter. “Na...” You smile, slowly at first, but soon it grows into a full-blown grin.

The transparent girl vanishes, and the pain in your head intensifies for a brief moment before she re-appears above you as you point at what was left of the smashed hand. Words come unbidden to your mind, “Lamp sign! Firefly phenomenon!” Instantly the girl above you is moving and you feel a sudden coldness - as if someone who had been hugging you tightly had just let go. The girl swings about, moving here and there as she unleashes glowing lights in a stream that rips a river of carnage across the massed ranks of the black monsters, as well as the giant hand. Further lights zip out at odd angles every so often, forcing the fliers into being shot down there and then or dodging right into the path of the bigger stream. You yourself are moving about, dodging the nearer monsters who were too close to be caught up in the transparent girl's attack, occasionally smashing them with fork or slashing with your knife.

Soon, all too soon, you are the only thing left on the rooftop - everything else either dead or... well, very dead. Panting hard you look around for something else to kill, then blink in surprise as the transparent girl fades away. Numb, your weapons fall from your grip as you fall to your knees and gasp for air. Then you shake your head to clear it before stopping and slowly tracking your gaze over to the roof edge that Reisen had been flung off of.

“Reisen!” You hiss to yourself as several bruises and other minor injuries decide, rather painfully, to make themselves known to you. Ignoring them you practically drag yourself over to the edge of the roof, throw yourself down near it, and peer over the side, terrified at what you may see at the bottom. A broken corpse, a red splat a... a...

Totally empty grass street?

“Interesting.” You stiffen at the voice, harsh and unfamiliar. “To awaken your persona in such a short time, and so violently too. Hm... Perhaps you may be similar enough to that one to be of interest to me.” Rolling onto your back you look up at the newcomer - a tall woman with short gray hair wearing what looked like a college student's outfit. Cradled in her arms was the unconscious form of Reisen, who she promptly dropped onto the floor much to your distress. “If only I hadn't accepted that contract, perhaps I could...”

“Perhaps you could what, Sakuya-san?” At the third voice you pull yourself into a sitting position, then into a crouch - you didn't have any weapons now but if these people were hostile you were going to go down fighting. This newcomer, also a woman, was easily the oldest one there - late twenties you guessed, maybe early thirties. Her hair was a pale lavender color, her body curvy and her outfit... well... she was wearing a turtleneck jumper and a loose skirt. If anything you would have guessed her to be a librarian or a teacher of some kind. “You still have a while to go before your contract for this little job is fulfilled, and I know you - you're not the kind to go against her word, now are you?”

The gray haired woman glared at the other, but quickly turned away. “No.” She stated, “I'm not. Look, I even saved one of them from a nasty fall - and that one was beyond what my contract stated.”

“Very well Sakuya-san, I will see to it that you are properly reimbursed for your charity.” The lavender-haired woman said in reply, her slight smile never leaving her face. “Now then,” she added, turning to look at you. “Lets see what we have here, shall we?”


[ ] Write In

And now i'm terrified i haven't delivered enough. ahahaha.
>> No. 8133
File 122160926864.jpg - (179.61KB , 768x434 , 1212792244346.jpg ) [iqdb]
8133
>>8129

Lvl1-Wriggle
Lvl2-???
Lvl3-Yuuka

FUCK YEA PROFIT
>> No. 8159
[x] "Who the hell are you?"
>> No. 8169
File 122161341667.jpg - (325.87KB , 1044x1441 , Sigmund_Freud-loc.jpg ) [iqdb]
8169
>>8161
Vell, if I had to make an assumption, I vould haff to say zat you have an emosunal problem vith your father's penis, ja?

Also, you vish to fuck your mother.
>> No. 8173
Sakuya and... Patchouli?

[ʢ] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[ʢ] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.

Fuck that noise. You're not going to get answers if they continue talking down to you like this.
>> No. 8207
[ʢ] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[ʢ] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.
>> No. 8208
>>8173
It sure as hell isn't Remi.
>Sakuya-san
>> No. 8209
>And now i'm terrified i haven't delivered enough. ahahaha.

Wriggle was unexpected, but awesome. But what Arcanum? Staves? The Sun? Both contain agricultural symbolism (as well as sunflowers~).

And Anonymous will be very, very disappointed if Sakuya's Stand Persona is not ZA WARUDO.
>> No. 8211
[x] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[x] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.
>> No. 8212
>Her hair was a pale lavender color, her body curvy and her outfit... well... she was wearing a turtleneck jumper and a loose skirt.

That sounds like Letty Whiterock to me.

[x] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[x] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.

Changing vote.
>> No. 8214
>>8129
[X] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[X] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.
This sounds about right.
>> No. 8217
x] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[x] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.

lol silent protagonist
>> No. 8233
[x] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[x] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.
>> No. 8235
[ʢ] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[ʢ] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.

So, Wriggle is our Orpheus, interesting.
>> No. 8240
>>8235
Now we need a Thanatos (Yuka) to bust out of Wriggle's head and wtpwn everything in sight.
>> No. 8241
[x] "..." Glare at them. You have more important things to do than entertain strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves.
[x] Check Reisen's vitals and try to rouse her to consciousness. If you're unable, lift her up on your back and carry her down to one of the hotel beds.

>>8235
I belive it's because we chose this at the beginning.
>[ ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
Fireflies they were apparently, I wonder what the other choices were exactly.
>> No. 8256
File 122163751533.jpg - (246.59KB , 600x570 , patchy106.jpg ) [iqdb]
8256
Wriggle? Our Persona is Wriggle?

Excuse me while I melt into a puddle of senseless happiness and joy.
>> No. 8267
>>8241
>[ ] A midnight blue sky filled with tiny lights
Fireflies they were apparently, I wonder what the other choices were exactly.

Interesting. Also raises the possibility she's of the Star Arcanum.

And yes, that's probably Letty. Though seeing Sakuya implies we'll meet Patchouli and her Hermit Purple eventually.

Sakuya's persona is a no-brainer, but any guesses as to Letty's persona? Cirno?
>> No. 8268
Ho ho ho. Don't compare this *too* closely to P3, or you might find yourself blindsided by some of the differences.

Anyway, can't write right now (workin, bah) but silent response has won, and here - have your persona's status:

Persona: Wriggle - Lvl 1 - Arcana (???)
Strong vs: Wind, Dark
Weak vs: Lightning

Spellcards:
Lamp Sign - Firefly Phenomenon (Version 1)

Skills:
Assault Dive, Garu

(no, the Arcana being (???) is not a mistake, it just means Yukari doesn't know about arcana classification yet... That and there may be a surprise for you all regarding it anyway)
>> No. 8270
>>8268

hooray for stats
>> No. 8273
>>8268
Wriggle strikes me as a Zio person, although Garu makes sense. Somewhat.
>> No. 8299
File 12216641067.jpg - (125.57KB , 589x687 , wriggle069.jpg ) [iqdb]
8299
>>8268

A lightning bug that's weak to lightning?

So much moe potential.
>> No. 8303
> Weak vs: Lightning

>>7830

>You're about to mentally gloat when it suddenly turns in mid-air to face you and it's legs start waving madly - moments later you're screaming in pain as electricity courses through your body and drops you to your knees.

We were lucky we didn't have our persona then, cause if that happens again, Yuyuko'd be reciting her death poem right now.

Also, anon, if Wriggle is Orpheus and you're saying Yuka is Thanatos... Who's the Messaiah? Mima?

Bah, I'll get Orpheus Kai then. Wriggle~
>> No. 8328
“Ah...” The older woman draws back slightly as you glare fiercely at her. You have more important things to do than listen to two strangers who patronize you without even deigning to introduce themselves. Specifically, Reisen's condition was that more important thing to deal with. Cautiously you shuffle over to where the purple haired girl lay, not once taking your eyes off the two women - as you went you also felt around with one hand for a weapon, eventually discovering the wrench Reisen had lost when she had been thrown away. “Oh dear,” Murmured the lavender-haired woman when she saw that, “You don't think she's going to get violent, do you?”

“I hope so,” Replied the silver-haired girl, a feral grin on her face. “Then I can take a look at her without viola-” The girl stopped as the older woman lay one hand on her shoulder.

“Now now, that sort of action wouldn't be very conductive to a good working relationship between us, would it?” She said, causing the younger of the two to flinch ever so slightly. “How about a little extra if she does attack? Part for dealing with her, part for not dealing with her too harshly - what do you think?”

You tune them out as you look over Reisen - she seems to be okay, if unconscious, but she's breathing and has a steady pulse. Unfortunately that's about as far as your understanding of first aid actually stretches, so you have no idea if there is any injury or other problem with her you can't see. A few shakes don't seem to wake her so you decide it would be best if she could rest somewhere more... comfortable... than on the cold roof top of a cheap hotel. Carefully you slip your arms underneath her, then rise to your feet, lifting her body into the air. The two women look at you in surprise for a moment before the silver-haired one, Sakuya if you remembered correctly, moved to stop you.

“What the hell do you think you're doi-” She froze, then glanced around, “You feel that?”

Behind her the older woman nodded, still smiling she looked around her companion at you. “My dear,” she began, “I know that you are perhaps concerned for your friend, but now is really not the best time to be-”

“Shut up!” You yell, silencing her. “I don't care who the hell you people are, but I'm not listening to a damn thing you say until I get some answers!” Then you growl, “and before I start asking questions, I'm going to make sure my friend is alright - so I don't want to hear it!”

“Stupid girl,” snarled the silver haired woman, “Do you have any idea at all what's...” She trailed off, then glanced at the lavender-haired woman. “This one is fast, that's unusual.” she murmured, just loud enough for you to hear and, given how the other woman reacted you're pretty sure they're not talking about you anymore. “Want me to handle it? I'll keep the fee low, I have some aggression to work out thanks to miss 'thinks she knows best' here.”

“No,” the woman replied, “Wait until it gets here. I rather think she will continue refusing to listen to us unless we give her a good reason to trust us.”

“Was I ever this stupid when I first came here? Muttered Sakuya, to which the other woman nodded happily - much to Sakuya's obvious irritation. “... Whatever. It's almost here...” She looks at you, then gives a superior smirk. “Little girl,” she begins, causing you to growl slightly, “I think perhaps you don't understand the severity of the situation you find yourself in, so you woke up your persona - so what? It's newborn and weak, no match for any of the real monsters out there.”

Pointedly you ignore her and head over to the staircase leading downstairs.

Or at least you were, until that side of the building practically vanished under a wall of flame hot enough for you to feel yourself practically cooking at this distance. Dropping back quickly you look left, then right... then focus in on the giant hand that had just appeared over the side of the building, unlike the previous one this appeared to be a left hand instead of a right.

“Typical,” Sakuya said behind you, “Wherever you find a Dexterous Hand you'll always find a Sinistral Hand too - and they're always a pain in the ass. Never thought they were this speedy though... unless this one used Sukukaja on itself, that would have sped it up some...” You could practically hear her grin behind you, “Think you can win against that one too?”

“Ah... You're not just going to let her...” You hear the other woman protest, only to be cut off by Sakuya.

“Sure as hell I am, you can help her if you want - but taking out a Dark Limb wasn't in my contract - unless you want to pay for it now? I'd help out for a good fifteen perhaps?” You hear the other woman sigh, and Sakuya 'hmph' in triumph before she addresses you again. “You could pay instead, if you want... Little girl.”

[ ] Reaction (write in)
>> No. 8329
Ahhh... I really want to write some T:TtR... but seemingly everything i write for it right now comes out lik shit. So instead you got a wall of TP:DOS, and i was so trying not to start making walls for this too...
>> No. 8331
[x] "Fifteen what?" Glare at this "Sakuya" person.
[x] "And I don't care if I can't win, I'll try fighting anyways."
[x] Prepare to fight the...whatever it is.
>> No. 8340
Don't really have time for glaring...

[x] "Sorry, I don't have enough money to waste on renting a whore."
[x] Summon your Persona and prepare for combat with the Hand.
>> No. 8350
[x] "Fifteen what?" Glare at this "Sakuya" person.
[x] "And I don't care if I can't win, I'll try fighting anyways."
[x] Prepare to fight the...whatever it is.

Will this be a harsh lesson for Takeba that she's powerless? Or will this be a perfect moment to show Ms. Mercenary there how awfully badass Takeba really is?
>> No. 8351
[x] "Sorry, I don't have enough money to waste on renting a whore."
[x] Summon your Persona and prepare for combat with the Hand.

We really shouldn't, but I just can't resist.
>> No. 8355
[x] "Fifteen what?" Glare at this "Sakuya" person.
[x] "And I don't care if I can't win, I'll try fighting anyways."
[x] Prepare to fight the...whatever it is.

I'd rather not call a potential ally a whore. At least not now.
>> No. 8396
“Fifteen what?” You growl, glaring at this 'Sakuya'. A tiny part of you is perhaps a little worried that neither of the two newcomers seems at all particularly concerned about the new hand monster, the apparent twin of the one that had near killed you and Reisen both.

“I wouldn't If I were you,” Butts in the older woman, much to the evident displeasure of Sakuya, “The currency she charges isn't something a young person like you should really be too willing to pay.”

“Whatever,” you mutter, tuning the two of them out. “I don't care if I can't win anyway, I'm going to fight anyway. This is my garden, no way in hell am I planning on letting anyone else tend to it.” Swinging the wrench a few times to get a feel for it's weight, you advance on the giant left hand slowly, aware that its fingers are twitching in a peculiar way - and thus far everything that moved funny had tried to blast you with some kind of spell...

Wait, you could do that too now - couldn't you? It was there, in the back of your mind, an almost instinctive understanding of what you were capable of with your... Persona? Yes, that's what Sakuya had called it - and the word had practically forced its way out of your mouth when you had called out the transparent girl...

“Your garden?” You hear Sakuya state, derisively, in the background. “You couldn't tend a flowerpot out here, let alone an entire garden.”

Well... screw her.

[ ] Attack the hand yourself
[ ] Use your Persona (Pick an attack)

Persona Skills:
Assault Dive (physical attack), Garu (Wind magic), Firefly Phenomenon (Spellcard)
>> No. 8398
>>8396
[x] Use your Persona (Pick an attack)
-[x] Garu.

Let's hope it's a weakness.
>> No. 8399
[x] Use your Persona (Pick an attack)
[x] Garu (Wind magic)

It's near the side of the building; maybe we can blast it off.
>> No. 8400
>>8396
[X] Use your Persona (Pick an attack)
[X] Garu (Wind magic)
>> No. 8401
[X] Use your Persona (Pick an attack)
[X] Garu (Wind magic)
[X] Be careful for any sudden attacks.

Might as well stay on guard.
>> No. 8417
I have to say, bitchy Sakuya is kind of fun.
>> No. 8419
>>8417
Bitchy Sakuya is also kind of normal mode.
>> No. 8423
Again you feel the pressure in your head as your Persona emerges - although unlike last time it isn't at all painful, just a little... weird... a sort of light-headed feeling, as if you'd been spinning around until you were dizzy or something. Pointing at the hand you frown and think of the action you want your persona to perform - a blast of wind to knock it down or, better yet, knock it off the building entirely.

“Garu!” At your yell the transparent girl that was your persona dropped down until it was in front of you, then flung one arm out dramatically. As if following the motion a tiny swirl of wind appeared and moved towards the black hand, growing in size as it went until it was at least as tall as you were. When it hit the monster there was a vague tearing sound as it ripped at the things inky flesh, and gobs of black goo were spattered all over. This lasted for perhaps a second, maybe two, before it lost energy and simply faded away... and the Hand seemed to have barely noticed it. Cursing you dive to one side as a ball of flame spontaneously appeared where you had been standing. Although you couldn't tell where the hand was aiming it's attacks yet, you were savvy enough to know that whenever it stopped twitching it would attack something... moving just meant that if it had actually been aiming at you, it would most likely miss.

This continued for a while, with you moving in only to have to jump backwards to avoid a nasty slap but also having to keep moving or else be burnt to a crisp by it's ranged abilities. All the while listening to Sakuya's occasional snorts of derision, or the slight gasps from the other woman - neither of which lifted a hand to help, though you got the impression that the older woman wanted to. The Hand's long distance attacks consisted of fire and lightning attacks. Although the fire seemed scarier, you never felt more than overly hot when you barely missed being hit by it. The lightning on the other hand, no matter how well you dodged just being near where it his was enough to make you shiver and twitch - a reaction you vaguely understood as meaning that, to you, it was by far the more dangerous of the attacks.

“Ugh...” You turned, narrowly dodging another fireburst, when you heard the groan. Reisen was awake! Your heart lifted for a moment before the weight of reality brought it back down - sure she might be awake, but she was easily within the range of the Hand - as evidenced by it's sudden twitching in her direction at the groaning.

Wait... twitching?

Shit!


[ ] Reaction! - Disrupt the hand's casting!
[ ] Reaction! - Dive on top of Reisen!
[ ] Reaction! - Yell for help from Sakuya!
[ ] Reaction! - Yell for help from the older woman!

Putting in a formalized choice type for 'sudden choices'. This means only one can be picked, and no write-ins will be accepted for this choice.
>> No. 8425
[x] Reaction! - Disrupt the hand's casting!
-[x] Disrupt with Firefly Phenomenon.

I figure this wouldn't violate your rules too much.
>> No. 8426
[ ] Reaction! - Dive on top of Reisen!
>> No. 8427
>>8423
[X] Reaction! - Disrupt the hand's casting!

Time to broadside it while its attention isn't on us.
>> No. 8428
[ ] Reaction! - Disrupt the hand's casting!
>> No. 8430
[x] Reaction! - Disrupt the hand's casting!

Depending whether its attacks are line-of-sight, diving on her either means we're dead or she's dead anyway. The other two can't be relied on to help.
>> No. 8431
[X] Reaction! - Disrupt the hand's casting!
>> No. 8435
[X] Reaction! - Disrupt the hand's casting!

Obvious right choice.
>> No. 8538
No way in hell were you going to let that freakish hand complete it's attack! Fire or lightning, in Reisen's current state you were sure she wouldn't survive being hit by either of them... in moments you came up with a plan, only to realize you were already acting it out by charging full speed at the monster, wrench at the ready. With another slight pressure in your head, your persona was called out - for a moment you considered sending another Garu, or perhaps a physical attack its way but... given how fast it had been at stopping you earlier, you knew you needed a bigger distraction than that.

“Lamp sign! Firefly phenome-” You stumble, the words catching in your throat as you suddenly feel too weak to move, let alone run. Your persona flickers, but goes about it's task of firing brightly colored shots everywhere as you practically fall to your knees.

“That idiot!” you hear Sakuya mutter, “I knew this would happen - that's why weaklings shouldn't be allowed to play without supervision.”

“Too much too soon...” The other woman's murmur is barely audible, “Still, this is a lesson everyone has to learn sooner or later. I suppose it is only providence that allows her to learn it with us around to ensure nothing too tragic occurs.”

“Fuck... you...” You manage to groan out, as the giant hand turns towards you - the face on it's ring grinning madly. Your persona is merrily flying about, strafing it with shots - though most appear to be missing by wide margins. The hand's twitching stops and lightning flashes down on... empty ground? Reisen is gone...

A shadow falls over you and you glance up, past a gray skirt, to Reisen's smudge-covered face. She looks down at you with bloodshot eyes, reaches down and grabs hold of the wrench you had dropped when you fell. Then, she takes a battle stance between you and the hand - though she's visibly swaying on her feet, and you doubt she could even dodge an attack... or take one.

[ ] Yell encouragement
[ ] Yell for her to run
[ ] Yell for help
[ ] Try to get up again
>> No. 8540
File 122187146989.jpg - (299.61KB , 800x600 , img_3911_300roadtoglory.jpg ) [iqdb]
8540
>>8538
[X] Try to get up again

WE WILL STAND AND FIGHT!
>> No. 8542
FUCK YEAH REISEN! SMASH AND BASH!

[x] Yell encouragement
[x] Try to get up again

It's dangerous, but hopefully taking this risk and letting Reisen defend us will reveal her Persona. She doesn't look like she can run away, anyway.
>> No. 8543
[x] Yell encouragement
[x] Try to get up again
>> No. 8547
[x] Yell encouragement.
[x] Try to get up again.

Fight! We can't give up so easily!
>> No. 8551
[x] Yell encouragement.
[x] Try to get up again.

Quiet PAD, we're badassing our way through this as hard as we can.
>> No. 8554
[x] Yell encouragement.
[x] Try to get up again.

Why not. Jab PAD if you live long enough.
>> No. 8558
[x] Yell encouragement
[x] Try to get up again

Hard work and guts!
>> No. 8559
[x] Yell encouragement
[x] Try to get up again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDv5xhqq7Iw

Any shadow boss/tough enemy outside Tartarus should have this as BGM.
>> No. 8560
Ya know, I have Persona 3 and the shiny, helpful Double Jump strategy guide (so much love to Double Jump ever since the first Disgaea), but I've never played it. I think this is the motivation to get cracking.
Can anyone that's played it comment on how restrictive the limited number of days makes it? I've never been too fond of games with built in timers; my OCD demands I min/max when that's the case and no fun is had at all.
Sage for irrelevance.
>> No. 8563
>>8560

This game isn't as restrictive as other games I've played. The only "real" restriction you'll have is the Full Moon, coupled by how your party members can get Tired when grinding inside Tartarus. You will be forced to fight a boss at each Full Moon and that means you have to get yourself in level to fight them before then. Whilst, each time you go to Tartarus you risk yourself getting Tired. When a party member gets Tired s/he'll leave Tartarus for that day without your consent.

But, the Full Moon bosses are (intentionally) easy, especially if you play on Easy/Normal. Also, a day before Full Moon you can grind as long as you like without your party members leaving Tartarus. They'll still get Tired (if you play FES), this'll hurt your party's overall ability, but it won't be so bad if you play your cards right. Their condition will be set to Good at Full Moons, so you don't have to worry about getting Tired the day before.

The only other restriction is Elizabeth requests, which some to complete require you to reach certain levels of Tartarus before the allotted date (two days before Full Moon), but they're optional.

Personally, it's enough for me to go to Tartarus around twice or thrice each month, even on Hard. The game isn't that demanding, not compared to Nocturne where each mistake will cost you like hell.

My first time saging, it's because it's irrelevant to the CYOA.
>> No. 8581
>>8560
>>8563

Just a heads up, though: I wouldn't bother trying to max out your S. Links the first time through. It's possible, but a severe pain in the ass. Save that for New Game+, and just max out the important links like Star on your first play.
>> No. 8585
>>8581

P3 is also slow. And some people dislike this. To those people i say 'WRITE YOU LAZY GIT'.
That person knows who he is.

Also, Persona 3 has a tendancy to drop random funny on you - moreso earlier on - and some of the S.Link stories will have you drawn in to them, or going 'WTF?' As to tartarus, I find that some segments, despite me being over-levelled for the previous area, have a hugely unexpected jump in difficulty. (Especially start of block 4, i went from reaming everything in block 3 with my hands behin my back, to getting fucked sideways by the mobs in block 4 at first)

Anyway. Votes counted - Awesome is being prepared.
>> No. 8588
>Also, Persona 3 has a tendancy to drop random funny on you

What I think is funny, is enemies with Hama/Mudo skills. At least you can buy Homonculi in P3 to absorb the hit.
>> No. 8608
File 122193503017.jpg - (352.13KB , 812x1050 , persona-Hina.jpg ) [iqdb]
8608
Fighting against a sense of exhaustion that simply hadn't been there minutes ago, you do your best to force yourself to your feet. You manage to get up to your knees when the hand dashes forwards and lashes out at the two of you. Reisen pushes backwards, knocking the two of you into a heap just barely outside the reach of the hand - it's clawed fingers barely grazing you both as it passes by.

“Hah,” you laugh, out of breath, “Not bad... Heh...” Reisen nods at you and pulls herself to her feet again, as do you. Some distance behind the two of you, you can hear Sakuya snorting to herself to show what she thinks of your willingness to lurch headlong into a severe asskicking.

Reisen shoots you a curious glance. “Who are they?” She asks, exhaustion evident in her voice, “And why don't they help?”

“They,” you reply, “Are a bitch and a creep. I don't know who the hell they are, or what they want, but I do know once we're done here I wanna kick the asses of both of 'em.” A laugh of derision from Sakuya answers your claim, causing you to growl slightly under your breath. “See what I mean?”

Your friend nods and hefts her wrench, then indicates your fork lying only a few feet away. “So, first we 'kick the ass' of this, then we do the same to them?” She asks, then laughs slightly. “Ha... I can't imagine what any of my friends would say if they heard me talking like this - the perfect Reisen Inaba talking trash? They'd never believe it!”

You grin, “Screw how you talk, would they ever believe you can fight monsters like this? 'cuz if talking trash shocks them, I'm sure smashing in heads would be even worse!” The monster twitches suddenly and the two of you break apart, Reisen heading around to distract the monster while you make a dive for your fork, grab it and roll into a crouch - then promptly throw it int othe hand - where it impales it like a spear, causing a screech of pain from the mouth-ring on it's finger.

Then it hit you.

Hard.

You vaguely recall bouncing a few times, and the sudden flare of pain that accompanied a loud crack from one arm... Reisen yelling... and then....

Ah, Reisen was above you again, clutching at her left arm as if it hurt. Had she been hit by the monster? No... you didn't think so, you couldn't see any actual wounds there... She seemed to be screaming something...

Oh. And there was a woman floating in the air.

A transparent one, like your persona only older and more elaborately dressed in a red and green outfit covered in frills and bows. She spun slowly in the air and you could make out long green hair, a calm face and... Oh. A lot of blasts of light, like your persona's firefly phenomenon, only these ones seemed to be all spirals and swirls that seemed to all be aimed at the giant hand... which wasn't looking do good actually. Two of it's fingers had been blown off, and a huge chunk of it's palm practically disintegrated under the withering hail of fire even as you watched.

Then... Reisen collapsed? Landed on you too, which hurt like hell... and then...

then...
>> No. 8609
File 122193506022.jpg - (161.22KB , 560x729 , another letty.jpg ) [iqdb]
8609
“Ah! You're awake! 's about time!”

You blink at the unfamiliar voice, then blink again... and a few more times before your blurry vision actually came into proper focus. You could make out a ceiling, pale blue, with a lamp hanging from it. Turning your head one way revealed a wall, and the other way brought a blond-haired girl into your sight.

“You just wait there!” She yelled, “I'ma go get Letty!”

Then she was gone, leaving your to look around the room and realize that, really, it was pretty damn empty. Just a few cupboards, shelves and... Reisen! Lying on a bed that was on the other side of the room, snoring gently, was the purple haired girl you were willing to call your friend. Eager to find out how she was you sat up.

Or, at least, you tried to sit up, before finding out that you were all but tied to your bed, and that your arm hurt like hell... oh. Yeah... you broke it, didn't you? Snapped it when that monster hand had smacked you across the roof like a rag doll. Then Reisen had... won? And then...

The door to the room clicked open, and you glanced over to it only to see the lavender-haired woman from earlier walk in, followed by blond and a new girl, this one a brunette with an irritated looking expression. Aside from the lavender-haired woman, both of the new girls look to be around your age - give or take a year perhaps. You ignore them, however, in favor of the older woman who has now approached where you lay.

“So,” she asks, in that same quiet voice she had been using on the rooftop, “How did you like your first Second Day?”


[ ] Write in
>> No. 8612
[Q] "My First Second... what?"
>> No. 8616
[Q] "My First Second... what?"
>> No. 8618
File 122194057931.png - (99.58KB , 986x449 , 1215223963296.png ) [iqdb]
8618
[x] "My First Second... what?"

I can already see Reimu being a bitch and a slut, idort style.
>> No. 8620
[x] Lie back down and facepalm with your good arm; they're still talking nonsense.
[x] "I see Japanese is not your first language. You two, interpreters--communicate that I have no idea what she is talking about."
>> No. 8636
[x] Lie back down and facepalm with your good arm; they're still talking nonsense.
[x] "I see Japanese is not your first language. You two, interpreters--communicate that I have no idea what she is talking about."

Love this.
>> No. 8639
[x] Lie back down and facepalm with your good arm; they're still talking nonsense.
[x] "I see Japanese is not your first language. You two, interpreters--communicate that I have no idea what she is talking about."
>> No. 8646
[x] Lie back down and facepalm with your good arm; they're still talking nonsense.
[x] "I see Japanese is not your first language. You two, interpreters--communicate that I have no idea what she is talking about."
>> No. 8647
>>8618
>I can already see Reimu being a bitch and a slut, idort style.

Why slut? Reimu is no slut. ;_;
>> No. 8649
>>8647

True enough. You don't have to pay sluts.

http://www.instantrimshot.com/
>> No. 8650
>>8647

Oh hey YAF, posing as that namefag.
>> No. 8652
[x] Lie back down and facepalm with your good arm; they're still talking nonsense.
[x] "I see Japanese is not your first language. You two, interpreters--communicate that I have no idea what she is talking about."

BANDWAGON'N
>> No. 8653
File 12219633839.jpg - (25.97KB , 500x500 , marimu.jpg ) [iqdb]
8653
Ugh... Groaning loudly you pull your free arm up and slap your palm against their face. Feeling particularly snarky you glare that the woman, “I see Japanese isn't your first language,” you declare loudly, causing her to blink in confusion and the blond girl to smirk behind her hand. Turning to the blond, as well as her friend, “You two, interpreters! Communicate that I have no idea what she's talking about!”

Much to your pleasure, the lavender-haired woman frowns at you, while the blond seems to start fuming and the brunette just sighs - then flashes you a quick wink. “Letty,” She begins loudly causing both the older woman and the blond to look at her in confusion, “She says she can't understand what you're saying. And she's insulting your mastery of the language.”

The woman, Letty, glares at her. “Thank-you Reimu, I think I got the message.” The brunette, now identified as Reimu, just smirks in response. The blond meanwhile is just staring at Reimu in surprise - probably over the fact that she actually went along with your demand. You are even surprised to find that you are now sporting a little smirk yourself - though you quickly wipe it off your face when 'Letty' turns back to face you. “That wasn't very polite,” she says first, “Especially considering how much trouble we had to go to in order to make sure you and your friend were safe.”

“And yet you hired Sakuya to help,” the brunette states, “I'm pretty sure anything involving her can't be considered 'safe'.” She sighs, then looks at you with a slightly apologetic smile. “Don't worry,” she says, “This is all pretty confusing, I know, all of us have been through this crap too - though not quite as... violently or as suddenly as you apparently did.”

“Reimu...” Letty begins, “... actually, you and Marisa deal with this. I still have to recover properly from Sakuya's payment, and it seems I didn't exactly leave a good impression on this young lady the first time we met.” She frowns, “That and she's probably still suffering some psyche-exhaustion, two spellcards in a row? And a spell? Right after first waking up her persona? I can't think of anyone who would stay standing after that.” Then she glances over at Reisen, “And her friend isn't all that far behind either...”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever!” The blond yells, ushering Letty out of the room. “You jus' leave this to us! We'll have her up and about in no time!” Slamming the door behind the older woman, who was laughing slightly to herself, the blond turns to glare at you. “How dare you say that kinda stuff to Letty! I should beat you up right now! And I would if you weren't already beaten up! 'cept I'm a good guy so I'll let you get better, then beat you up!”

“... Marisa, you're not helping.” Reimu sighs, then looks down at you. “Sorry about this,” She mutters, “Things are kind of crazy around here because of you and your friend, we finally managed to steal a march over... No, you don't need to know about that right now, I'm sure you have more pressing questions.” Heading down to the end of your bed, she pulls a chair from just out of your sight and drags it over next to you before sitting down. Looking up at the blond she waves at the door, “Oi, Marisa, maybe you should get us some snacks?” The blond frowns, but complies and leaves - shutting the door behind her.

“So, What do you want to know first?”


[ ] Write in
>> No. 8654
[x] Lie back down and facepalm with your good arm; they're still talking nonsense.
[x] "I see Japanese is not your first language. You two, interpreters--communicate that I have no idea what she is talking about."

Gently arrogant Yukari is awesome.
>> No. 8656
[x] Introduce yourself, although they probably already know.
[x] Ask what this "Second Day" is since it seems to be linked to whatever just happened.
>> No. 8657
>I still have to recover properly from Sakuya's payment,
...hot.

>Oi,
I raged because I was distracted from enjoying this by being forcefully reminded that AD is as horrible a weeaboo as his Uncle Kira.
>> No. 8658
[x] "Yeah. First thing is more of a general grievance: That lady just watched as I was attacked, got my arm fractured, and fell unconscious. Despite this, my friend over there all but took care of that monster before we collapsed, so while I appreciate you guys taking us to a safe place and all, don't expect us to pledge our lives in recompense."
[x] "Right. With that out of the way, let me say that what I don't know of the present situation seems to greatly exceed what I do know. So let me give you a run down on what I do know, and maybe you can fill in the blanks for me: I know my name is Yukari Takeba. I know I had a weird dream last night where I met a purple lady with the same first name as me who made me drink the red and blue cool-aid. I know I signed a mysterious contract in said dream. I know I left my apartment this morning for school only to find the Apocalypse had descending while I was sleeping. I know I found a little pixie sleeping in a car that screamed and exploded when I woke it up. I know I found Reisen over there being attacked by gelatinous monsters, which I proceeded to kill with a farming implement, and with her in tow escaped from. I know I was about to die before a voice in my head asked if I wanted power and why. I know that this is called my Persona, although I do not know what that means. I know I, or rather the Persona, did things that I should not have been able to do. And I know the lady named Sakuya is a huge bitch. That is all."

>>8657

But the "oi" expression is used in vernacular English and has the same meaning, so yeah!
>> No. 8660
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oi_(interjection)

THE MORE YOU KNOW
(Cut'n pate link, can't get the damn thing to post properly)
>> No. 8661
[x] "Yeah. First thing is more of a general grievance: That lady just watched as I was attacked, got my arm fractured, and fell unconscious. Despite this, my friend over there all but took care of that monster before we collapsed, so while I appreciate you guys taking us to a safe place and all, don't expect us to pledge our lives in recompense."
[x] "Right. With that out of the way, let me say that what I don't know of the present situation seems to greatly exceed what I do know. So let me give you a run down on what I do know, and maybe you can fill in the blanks for me: I know my name is Yukari Takeba. I know I had a weird dream last night where I met a purple lady with the same first name as me who made me drink the red and blue cool-aid. I know I signed a mysterious contract in said dream. I know I left my apartment this morning for school only to find the Apocalypse had descending while I was sleeping. I know I found a little pixie sleeping in a car that screamed and exploded when I woke it up. I know I found Reisen over there being attacked by gelatinous monsters, which I proceeded to kill with a farming implement, and with her in tow escaped from. I know I was about to die before a voice in my head asked if I wanted power and why. I know that this is called my Persona, although I do not know what that means. I know I, or rather the Persona, did things that I should not have been able to do. And I know the lady named Sakuya is a huge bitch. That is all."

I'm getting the feeling that Yukari's more of a biatch then Letty is... not that it's a problem.

>>8657 As said, "Oi," is an English expression too.
>> No. 8662
[x] "Yeah. First thing is more of a general grievance: That lady just watched as I was attacked, got my arm fractured, and fell unconscious. Despite this, my friend over there all but took care of that monster before we collapsed, so while I appreciate you guys taking us to a safe place and all, don't expect us to pledge our lives in recompense."
[x] "Right. With that out of the way, let me say that what I don't know of the present situation seems to greatly exceed what I do know. So let me give you a run down on what I do know, and maybe you can fill in the blanks for me: I know my name is Yukari Takeba. I know I had a weird dream last night where I met a purple lady with the same first name as me who made me drink the red and blue cool-aid. I know I signed a mysterious contract in said dream. I know I left my apartment this morning for school only to find the Apocalypse had descending while I was sleeping. I know I found a little pixie sleeping in a car that screamed and exploded when I woke it up. I know I found Reisen over there being attacked by gelatinous monsters, which I proceeded to kill with a farming implement, and with her in tow escaped from. I know I was about to die before a voice in my head asked if I wanted power and why. I know that this is called my Persona, although I do not know what that means. I know I, or rather the Persona, did things that I should not have been able to do. And I know the lady named Sakuya is a huge bitch. That is all."
>> No. 8671
[X] "Yeah. First thing is more of a general grievance: That lady just watched as I was attacked, got my arm fractured, and fell unconscious. Despite this, my friend over there all but took care of that monster before we collapsed, so while I appreciate you guys taking us to a safe place and all, don't expect us to pledge our lives in recompense."
[X] "Right. With that out of the way, let me say that what I don't know of the present situation seems to greatly exceed what I do know. So let me give you a run down on what I do know, and maybe you can fill in the blanks for me: I know my name is Yukari Takeba. I know I had a weird dream last night where I met a purple lady with the same first name as me who made me drink the red and blue cool-aid. I know I signed a mysterious contract in said dream. I know I left my apartment this morning for school only to find the Apocalypse had descended while I was sleeping. I know I found a little pixie sleeping in a car that screamed and exploded when I woke it up. I know I found Reisen over there being attacked by gelatinous monsters, which I proceeded to kill with a farming implement, and with her in tow escaped from. I know I was about to die before a voice in my head asked if I wanted power and why. I know that this is called my Persona, although I do not know what that means. I know I, or rather the Persona, did things that I should not have been able to do. And I know the lady named Sakuya is a huge bitch. That is all."

Probably a case of TMI, but I don't care.
>> No. 8675
[x] Words.

Jesus christ.
>> No. 8678
Yeah uh... I don't think i actually can answer all of that in one post.

I'll try and answer as much as i can, but some of this is simply unanswerable at this time for various reasons.
>> No. 8680
>>8678
>I'll try

Hooray!

Reimu already dismissed the "march" matter citing time as a concern, so one would expect right now she'll only be giving us the short story. Which is fine, because the main seems like a cut-to-the-chase type of person anyway.
>> No. 8687
"Yeah. First thing is more of a general grievance:” You start, frowning in rememberance of the last time you were awake. “That lady, Letty? She just watched as I was attacked, got my arm fractured, and fell unconscious.” Reimu sighs at this, while you continue with your tirade. “Despite that, she left it up to my my friend over there to take care of that monster herself! So while I appreciate you guys taking us to a safe place and all, don't expect us to actually be thankful to you or anything."

“I'm sure she had a reason.” Reimu says diplomatically, “Although she can be a little hard to understand at times, I've never known her to willingly let someone get hurt unless there was a reason she couldn't help out.” There's a slight pause as the girl thinks for a moment, then sle looks at you. “Now, I can't be certain but... I'd guess Sakuya was showing a little too much interest in either you or your friend.” You nod, “Well, that's probably it then - Sakuya usually keeps her word, but if you or your friend had something she wanted... Well, Miss Letty is the only person we have who can actually beat her in a stand up fight, so while I can't excuse her actions in leaving you to fend for yourself, my guess is she needed to keep Sakuya in check.”

"Right.” You say, not exactly believing the girl but, well, you could let it slide for now - at least until you could confront the woman herself anyway. “With that out of the way, let me say that what I don't know of the present situation seems to greatly exceed what I do know.”

The girl laughs and nods, “Oh, I know how that feels,” she says, “Pretty much everyone does to some extent. In fact, it's probably still true - there's an awful lot we don't know about what's happening at all. That's kind of why we banded together, to try and find some answers.” She smiles and nods at you, “So, why don't you tell me what you do know, and I'll try and fill in the blanks with what I know.”

“A run down of what I know?” You ask, “Fine... I know my name is Yukari Takeba.”

“Ah, then I'm Hakurei Reimu. Pleased to meet you!” The girl nods, “The ditz fetching tea is Kirisame Marisa, and the lady you're not happy with is Letty... we don't know her family name I'm afraid. She pretty much says it's better that we don't for some reason.”

You frown at that last point, but shrug. “Whatever,” you begin, “My friend there is.. .ah... Inaba Reisen? Our introduction was a bit rushed, but I think that's right at least. Anyway I know I had a we-” Your mouth clicks shut suddenly, against your will, as you try to bring up the subject of the weird dream you had before all this had started. You try a few times, with no success, to get the words out but...

Now, now.” A voice in your head whispers, one that you recognize as belonging to the woman - Yakumo Yukari - from your dream “I would appreciate it greatly if you didn't go spreading my name about. At least not until we have had a proper, face to face, chat...

“Uh, are you alright?” You look up to see Reimu leaning over you in concern, Marisa in the background... Wait, when had she come in? At your evident frown Reimu breathes a sigh of relief. “Oh, thank goodness, when you fainted we were a little worried that something bad had happened.” she says, and you blink in confusion.

“I fainted?” You ask, only to get a nod in reply - and a cup of lukewarm tea practically shoved in your face. To your surprise you were sitting up now - though you still felt like you were lying back on your ... oh... the bed was adjustable. Cool. You were still strapped to it, but at least you were more-or-less sitting up now and able to actually accept and drink the tea you were offered by a scowling Marisa. “Thankyou...” you murmur, only now realizing just how thirsty you were and practically downing the tea in one go.

“Yes, you were about to say something when you just... passed out. Do you feel alright now?” You nod at Reimu's question, “shall we continue?” You nod again, about to mention the weird dream... then remembering the warning you had just received, think better of it and skip ahead somewhat.

“I know I left my apartment this morning for school only to find the Apocalypse had descended while I was sleeping.” You say, “Couldn't it have at least made more noise or something? I mean hell, if I'd known the end of the world had come I wouldn't have bothered getting out of bed...”

The blond, Marisa, laughs at you. “Ahaha! End of the world? Apocalypse? You seriously think that's what happened!?” She waves you off, still laughing to herself, “It's just a Second Day! Second Day! That's all!” There's a pause as Reimu reaches out and smacks the ditzy girl around the back of the head with her hand, “Ow! Hey, what was that for Reimu!?”

“Did you know what a Second Day was when you first went through one?” The brunette asks, “Because I seem to remember you bawling your eyes out thinking you'd been abducted by aliens...” Sighing at the blond's sputtering and fuming at the allegation, Reimu turns back to you. “Marisa is right though, what happened wasn't the apocalypse at all, just a Second Day - something you had better get used to fast. You may not believe this but... a week actually consists of fourteen days, seven which normal people experience and seven which only those with Persona do. Since they're arranged alternately, we started calling them Second Days... So you have Monday, Second-Monday, Tuesday, Second-Tuesday and so on, it's not too complicated. They don't all start at the same time either, they sort of... drift. Each day starting an hour later than the last.” She shrugs at your look of confusion. “The day you experienced began at seven in the morning, so the next one will begin at eight.... But... well, there's more.”

“Yeah!” Butts in Marisa, “The city gets all fucked up during a Second Day! Sometimes it's like the whole place was built on a mountain, or in a forest, or...” She pauses, then shudders, “Sometimes it's like it's in the land of the dead or something... We... generally don't go outside if it's like that. It's way, way too freaky - best to just hunker down someplace safe and wait it out.”

“And... the monsters?” You ask, not really believing these two girls in the slightest. Then again, you knew that the forest outside and the monsters had been real... and those were hard enough to believe already. “What about them? I know I saved Reisen from a bunch of them, and I killed a bunch with my garden fork but... what the hell were they? And the pixie-thing! I grabbed one of those and it just exploded on me!”

“... Pixie?” The girls both frown at you, “What pixie?” Reimu asks, “I've never heard of anything like that before... But the monsters, those I do know about - we call them Shadows.”

“You might,” Marisa mutters, “I just call 'em bastards. All of 'em.”

“... Quite.” Reimu responds. “Anyway, we don't know where the shadows come from, what they're doing or even what exactly they are... What we do know is that they pretty much infest the entire city during Second Days and come in a bunch of different shapes and sizes - we've named a lot of them to make it easier to tell the types apart, but we're always finding new variations.”
>> No. 8688
“And Persona?” you ask, “ I know I was about to die before a voice in my head asked if I wanted power and why... Then some girl came out, which Letty and Sakuya called a Persona... but aside from that I don't really know much about them. I know I, or rather the Persona, did things that I should not have been able to do though, given how freaked out everyone sounded about it...”

“Persona is a reflection of yourself brought into the light.” You blink at the voice, then look up to see where Letty had slipped into the room. She continues to speak, despite you glaring at her all the while. “It's your inner psyche made form, it is both a weapon and a window into your innermost self. They all have some kind of meaning specific to their summoner, though that meaning isn't always understandable - even to those they belong to. Those who have been granted the power to call it out are... special. Able to experience the Second Days for one thing, but also... We have a destiny, even though we don't know what it is - I assume you were given a mirror? That is the only known connection between Persona users we know so far, being given a mirror by a Red-haired lady - though we have no idea who the lady is, nor do we have any idea about her purpose in delivering them.”

Ignoring Letty you glance at Reimu. “And I know the lady named Sakuya is a huge bitch. That's everything."

This earns you a laugh from both Marisa and Reimu, and a slight glare from Letty. “There is no need to be so rude to her, she is a very strong person.” She says, “Even if she is a backstabbing bitch who shouldn't be trusted at all if you can help it. Now. If I were you, I would get some sleep and wait for your friend to wake up - we can speak later once the both of you are awake.”


'Later' it seemed did indeed come quite a long while later, and you had indeed fallen asleep waiting for it. Reisen had, eventually, woken up and had been given more or less the same explanation that you had been given, though she had expressed great desire to find out if her sister was okay...

And then the two of you, escorted by Marisa, had left. You would return later for answers, but for now... Looking around you still didn't quite understand everything. The world, such as it was, seemed normal again - gray and dull, with cars heading up and down the streets at speed. No trace of grass, tree or ooze-monster was visible at all, nor was their any sign of damage or decay aside from that you would expect to see in this modern world. Letty had, apparently, arranged things so that Reisen would not be in trouble for missing a day of school - though how she had done this you didn't know - just another question you needed to ask you suppose. Reisen's sister, when you had met her, was... annoying. Excitable and hyperactive, sweet in a sense but... something about her creeped you out a little, like those kids you used to know who delighted in pulling the wings off insects or burning ants with magnifying glasses. Frankly, you were glad when you left, Reisen having explained to her that she would be staying with a friend for the night.


And that left you here, back in the large house that seemed to belong to Letty, apparently it had once been a guest house of some kind before Letty had bought it and moved in. There were more than enough rooms for her and several others to live here... which was, as Marisa explained, the point - it was a safe house for them and anyone they might find to hunker down during a Second Day without having to worry about being attacked - since there would be enough combined firepower to see any threat off with ease.

“Welcome back.” You are greeted by Letty and Reimu, the former of which leads you to a small living area filled with sofas and comfortable chairs. “Please, sit,” You and Reisen share a glance, then sit down together on a small sofa - Letty sitting down opposite you and the other two happily flopping into chairs either side. “I know everything is confusing,” begins the lavender-haired woman, “And I know you're not happy with me... But, there is something I would like to ask the both of you.”

“Oh?” Reisen leans forwards, “What would that be?”

“... Will you help us?” Letty asks, leaning back in her chair, “There are many things we don't know about the Second Day phenomenon, and there are many avenues of exploration we haven't been able to follow due to a simple lack of manpower. But, if you two are willing to help us out... then there may be some answers to find. In return, I'm afraid, all we can offer is our limited experience and our protection - you would be welcome here at any time, and this place is possibly the safest you can get during a Second Day with us three here - more so if you are here too.”

Reisen look at you, “I don't know...” She says, “This is all pretty... messed up. Yukari, you got me out of that tree, and I think it's thanks to you I had the courage to fight... If it wasn't for that I'm pretty sure I would have died out there so... I trust you, whatever you decide to do, I'll go along with as long as it doesn't risk my sister.”


The world dims slightly, and a voice reverberates through your head. “Thou who advances upon judgement at the end of the path of many choices, know now that this Tower is favorable to thee.” It's a woman's voice, though one you're sure you've never heard before... Before you can ask it what it means the world is back to normal, leaving you to shake your head and wonder what the hell you just heard.


Letty, along with Marisa and Reimu, all lean in slightly to hear what you have to say...

[ ] Write In



Social Links in TP:DOS - Although they don't have an impact on your persona (well, not yet) since TP:DOS isn't going to have persona creation (God that would be a mess if it did) social links can be increased through interaction with certain characters, and will lead you deeper into that characters personal story within the setting.

TOWER - Reisen - lvl 1

PS: MEGA WALL. DAMN YOU ALL.
>> No. 8694
>I'll go along with as long as it doesn't risk my sister.
Her sister doesn't experience the Second Days though, right? All Reisen needs to worry about is surviving, so she can be there for her on normal days.
>> No. 8695
[x] "Looks like the only way I'll get any real answers around here is to find them myself. Yeah, I'll--we'll play ball. Still, I'm only willing to give as much faith as you're willing to return, Letty No-Name; if I'm banking my life and the lives of others on this then there's nothing I can leave to ambiguity."
>> No. 8696
>TOWER - Reisen - lvl 1

Ah, so that was Hina's voice we just heard? The Tower arcana suits her.
>> No. 8702
[x] "Looks like the only way I'll get any real answers around here is to find them myself. Yeah, I'll--we'll play ball. Still, I'm only willing to give as much faith as you're willing to return, Letty No-Name; if I'm banking my life and the lives of others on this then there's nothing I can leave to ambiguity."
>> No. 8706
>>8688
>though she had expressed great desire to find out if her sister was okay...

TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI TEWI
>> No. 8707
File 122203404433.png - (14.72KB , 292x296 , 1210902490217.png ) [iqdb]
8707
>>8706
>> No. 8709
>TP:DOS isn't going to have persona creation (God that would be a mess if it did)

ANONYMOUS MUST BE ABLE TO SUMMON LEGION.
>> No. 8711
>ANONYMOUS MUST BE ABLE TO SUMMON MARA.
Fixed that typo for ya, chum.
>> No. 8714
>>8711
>ANON MUST BE ABLE TO SUMMON A LEGION OF MARA.

Double fix'd.
>> No. 8716
File 122204917786.jpg - (55.29KB , 241x452 , MISSINGNO..jpg ) [iqdb]
8716
>>8709

Repressed fear, antipathy, solipsism, the desire to give up and allow others to decide your path, these emerge as an anomaly, a splinter personality born of a metaphysical technicality--the mark "ø" written in error on the Contract.

What follows is a mental battle between you and your own nihilistic shadow, a being that calls itself Anonymous. His nameless Persona is given shape by the collective unconsciousness locked within you and all humanity, its form a twisted and garbled mockery of reality. Being not of this universe, it takes the Arcanum XXII. The End, a false trump representing ha-ot, the "missing" 23rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Devoid of symbology, this card signifies no path, no fate, and no meaning.
>> No. 8718
[x] "Looks like the only way I'll get any real answers around here is to find them myself. Yeah, I'll--we'll play ball. Still, I'm only willing to give as much faith as you're willing to return, Letty No-Name; if I'm banking my life and the lives of others on this then there's nothing I can leave to ambiguity."

REISEN! SUPPOSITORY! TOWER! AD you clever bastard you...
>> No. 22490
Test